时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | A quote from hoynes disappears by the next news cycle, | 何因斯隐晦的言论 在另一条新闻出来时就会消失 |
[00:08] | A fist fight between leo and the vice president’s got juice. | 里奥跟副总统的正面冲突 会闹得满城风雨 |
[00:10] | Leo, I have had it up to here with you and your pal. | 里奥,我受够你跟你的死党了 |
[00:14] | Don’t do what you’re doing, john. | 约翰,别继续这样蛮干 |
[00:15] | It’s a picture I found. | 是我找到的一张照片 是你和我的照片 有人用签字笔给我画上大花脸 |
[00:16] | Picture of you and me | 是你和我的照片 |
[00:18] | And someone’s drawn all over my face with a magic marker. | 有人用签字笔给我画上大花脸 |
[00:20] | That was me. | 那是我画的 |
[00:22] | His mother was a uniform cop here in d.c. Was? | 他母亲曾是华府的制服员警 曾经是? |
[00:24] | She was shot and killed in the line five months ago. | 她在五个月前执勤时被枪杀 |
[00:27] | She’s recommending you for a different job. If you don’t mind… | 她推荐你担任另一份工作 如果你不介意我问… |
[00:29] | Personal aide to the president. | 总统私人助理 |
[00:31] | So what do you say? You want to come help us out? | 怎么样?愿意来帮忙吗 |
[00:33] | Yes, sir, I do. | 是的,先生,我愿意 “五票之差” “星期一” |
[00:44] | President: then one night he went in | 有天晚上他进来 |
[00:46] | and set the briefcase down and he said, “Bess… | 放下手提箱说道 |
[00:49] | “Why do you suppose it is only sons of bitches | 贝丝,你想为什么 |
[00:51] | Know how to lick a stamp?” ( laughter and applause ) | 只有那�砘锘崽蛴势保� |
[01:01] | The point is, friends | 我要强调的是 |
[01:03] | You’ve got to write a letter, you’ve got to send a fax | 朋友们,你们要写信 |
[01:07] | You’ve got to pick up a phone and call western union. | 要发传真,要打电话 给西方联合公司 |
[01:10] | You’ve got to contact | 你们要连络你们的国会议员说 |
[01:11] | Your congressional representatives. You got to say, “Mister, I’ve got a friend | 我有个朋友的朋友死了 |
[01:14] | Whose friend is dead.” | 我是马加瑞 |
[01:16] | “Madam, I’ve got a neighbor whose friend is dead | 我邻居的朋友死了 |
[01:18] | “Whose husband is dead, whose mother is dead | 他的先生死了 |
[01:20] | “Kids are dead. | 他的母亲、孩子死了 |
[01:21] | “Kids are dead, and I want to know, mister | 你在说什么? |
[01:23] | I want to know, madam…” | |
[01:24] | How did it happen? | 怎么会发生这种事? |
[01:26] | …so that I’ll know… | 怎么会发生这种事? |
[01:27] | Well, how did the wheels come off this thing? | 是怎么脱轨的? |
[01:30] | You’ve got to ask them. | 你们要去问他们… |
[01:32] | You’ve got to ask them. | |
[01:34] | We lost five votes. | |
[01:36] | What?! | 我们丢了五票 什么? |
[01:37] | We lost five votes. | 我们丢了五票 |
[01:39] | Give me names. | 告诉我名字 |
[01:40] | I don’t got them yet. | 我没拿到名字,打电话去问 |
[01:41] | Get on the phone. Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[01:50] | President: You know… I had a civil procedure professor who said once… | 我认识的民法程序教授曾说 |
[01:55] | Take a beat. There you go. | 停顿一下,对了 |
[01:58] | He said, “When the law is on your side, argue the law | 他说,当法律站在你这边时 引述法律 |
[02:01] | “And, when the facts are on your side | 当事实站在你这边时 就引述事实 |
[02:03] | “Argue the facts, and, when you don’t have the law on your side | 事情还没尘埃落定 |
[02:06] | “And you don’t have the facts | 法律和事实都支持不了你时 |
[02:07] | “On your side, bang your fist on the defense table | 你就用拳头猛敲辩护席的桌子 |
[02:09] | As loud as you can.” | |
[02:11] | Well, we’ve got the law on our side now | 现在法律站在我们这边 |
[02:14] | And we’ve got the facts on our side now. | 事实也站在我们这边 |
[02:17] | Yes, this is josh lyman. | 我是乔西赖曼,请回电 |
[02:19] | Please call me… | 我要知道出了什么事 |
[02:20] | President: …but we’re not listening anymore. | 我们不要再听了 |
[02:23] | We’re not having it anymore. | 我们不再忍受这种事 |
[02:25] | We’re going to win on wednesday. | 我们要打赢星期三这一仗 |
[02:26] | We’re going to win on wednesday. Thank you all. God bless you. | 谢谢大家 |
[02:29] | And god bless america. | 愿神祝福各位,上天祝福美国 |
[02:50] | Fantastic. | |
[02:51] | Thank you. | 太棒了 |
[02:52] | Good job. | 谢谢 |
[02:53] | Toby: Yeah. | 干得好,约翰 对 |
[02:54] | You didn’t like it. | 干得好,约翰 对 |
[02:56] | I thought it was fine. | 你不喜欢吗? 我觉得还不错 |
[02:57] | I thought it was a hell of a lot better than “Fine.” | 我觉得比『不错』要好多了 还好 |
[02:59] | It was good. | 太棒了 他第四段没讲好 |
[03:00] | It was outstanding. | 太棒了 他第四段没讲好 |
[03:01] | He blew the “D” Section. | 托比,他们还在起立欢呼 |
[03:03] | Toby, they’re still on their feet cheering. | 我说过还不错 |
[03:05] | I said it was fine. | 山姆,干得好 |
[03:06] | Sam. Nice going. | 谢谢,告诉他 |
[03:08] | Thank you. Tell him. Why? | 为什么? |
[03:09] | Because sam wrote 2 1/2 paragraphs and I wrote 37 pages. | 山姆写了两段半 |
[03:11] | Still… | 而我写了三十七页 |
[03:12] | He blew the “D” Section. | 但是… 他第四段没讲好 |
[03:14] | I thought it was inspired. | 我觉得那一段很有见地 |
[03:16] | Why do you keep saying stuff like that to me? | 你为什么老对我说这种话 |
[03:18] | Just to watch your face turn that color. | 因为我喜欢看你的脸变色 |
[03:19] | C.j. | 茜洁 |
[03:21] | Hey, your little fan club was out in full force tonight. | 你的支持者今晚很捧场 |
[03:23] | Yeah, they like me in my tux. | 对,他们喜欢看我穿燕尾服 |
[03:24] | Do you think I have an unusually large neck? What the hell…? | 你是不是觉得 我的脖子太粗了点 |
[03:27] | I’m just asking ’cause one of the… Stop talking. | 怎么… 我这么问是因为… 别说话 什么事? |
[03:29] | What’s up? I want you to look calm while I’m telling you this. | 我告诉你这件事时 请你保持冷静 |
[03:32] | Telling me that? We lost five. | 告诉我什么? 我们丢了五票 |
[03:33] | What do you mean? | 你的话是什么意思? |
[03:35] | 802– five votes jumped the fence. | 八零二法案,跑了五票 |
[03:36] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑? |
[03:38] | Nice job looking calm. | 你看起来是很冷静 |
[03:39] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[03:41] | Leo just got off the phone with the whip. | 里奥刚跟党鞭通了电话 |
[03:42] | Last nose count, we’re five votes down. | 最后的计数是少了五票 |
[03:44] | What the hell happened? | 到底怎么回事? 我们不知道 |
[03:45] | We don’t know. Give me names. | 告诉我名字 |
[03:46] | We’re finding out. | 我们正在查 |
[03:48] | Josh. Yeah. | 乔西 马上就来了 |
[03:49] | Hi there. Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:50] | Happy days are here again? | 快乐时光又回来了 |
[03:52] | He likes it. Who? | 他喜欢那句 谁? |
[03:53] | The president. | 总统 |
[03:54] | Well, we try and avoid | 我们一直避免让总统 |
[03:56] | Having the president make aesthetic decisions. | 做审美方面的论断 |
[03:57] | I made the decision. | 是我做的决定 |
[03:58] | Right. And I don’t mean to step on your toes | 对,我不想干涉你的事 |
[04:00] | But you might want to rethink marrying the line | 但你最好再考虑文句的连贯 |
[04:02] | “Kids are dead, kids are dead” | 从『小孩死亡』到 『快乐时光又回来了』 |
[04:04] | To “Happy days are here again.” | 这代表乐观 |
[04:06] | It’s optimistic. I’ll say. | 是喔 |
[04:07] | President: Thank you. Good night. | 谢谢,晚安 |
[04:08] | Toby, what’d you think? | 托比 先生 |
[04:10] | I thought my work was outstanding, mr. President. | 你觉得怎样? 我觉得我做得很棒,总统先生 |
[04:12] | I thought you would. | 我也觉得你会这么想 |
[04:13] | Thanks for asking. | 我也觉得你会这么想 |
[04:15] | Couldn’t help but notice you got | 多谢你提及,我注意到 |
[04:16] | A little extemporaneous there with the “D” Section. | 你在第四段临时发挥了一下 |
[04:18] | Oh, you noticed that, did you? | 原来你也注意到了 |
[04:19] | Yes, sir, I did. | 是的,我注意到了 |
[04:21] | Yes, I did a little polish right up there on my feet. | 对,我当场润饰了一下 没错 |
[04:23] | Yes, indeed. Right in front of everybody. | 就在大家面前 |
[04:26] | ( clearing throat ) I looked to the side at one point, you know. | 我一度离了主题 |
[04:28] | I half expected to see you coming at me with a salad fork. | 我以为你会拿着叉子来攻击我 |
[04:31] | Well, but for the secret service agents Restraining me, sir… | 特勤组的人阻止了我 |
[04:34] | Thank god for the secret service. Hey there, fella. | 多亏了特勤组的人,大家好 |
[04:37] | She deserves a nice room and some supper. | 嘿,你该给她个好房间 跟一顿宵夜 |
[04:39] | You like doing that, don’t you, sir? | 你很喜欢干这种事,对吧 |
[04:41] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:42] | Hey, charlie! | 查理 是,先生 |
[04:43] | What’d you think of the speech? | 你觉得演讲怎么样? 你这是问我? |
[04:45] | Me? Yes, you. | 你觉得演讲怎么样? 你这是问我? 对,就是你 我觉得很… |
[04:46] | Uh, well, i… | 对,就是你 我觉得很… |
[04:47] | He means the text of the speech, charlie | 他是问演讲的内容 |
[04:49] | Discounting the little improv in the “D” Section. | 别管第四段那点润饰 |
[04:51] | I mean the entire speech, charlie | 我是指整个演讲 |
[04:52] | And in particular, the delivery. | 尤其是演讲技巧 |
[04:54] | I thought it was excellent. | 我觉得很精彩 |
[04:55] | See? See? | 你看吧 |
[04:57] | What charlie’s trying to say is that | 我认为查理想说的是 |
[04:59] | In this case, the singer outdistanced the song. | 这一回是歌手比歌曲还杰出 |
[05:01] | Really. What I heard charlie say | 真的吗?我认为查理是说 |
[05:02] | Was that the text was user-proof Although you did your level best | 这份讲稿谁来讲都很精彩 |
[05:06] | To disprove that in the “D” Section. | 但你却在第四段做了反证 |
[05:07] | You know what, toby? | |
[05:08] | Sir. | 你知道吗?托比 先生 |
[05:10] | You’re what my mother calls a pain in the ass. | 你就是我老妈所谓的麻烦人物 |
[05:12] | Well, that’s what my mother calls it, too, sir. Oh, mr. President. | 我老妈也是那么说 |
[05:15] | Yes, charlie, by the way did the first lady call? | 总统先生 |
[05:17] | The first lady called at 8:40, sir. | 是,查理,对了 第一夫人有打电话来吗? |
[05:19] | She wished you luck | 第一夫人八点四十打电话来 她祝你好运 |
[05:20] | And told me to tell you to take your back pills. | 还叫我提醒你吃背痛药 我的背很好 |
[05:22] | My back is fine. I have it here, sir. | 我把药带来了 |
[05:24] | Those damn things make me goofy. | 那些玩意让我吃了不大对劲 |
[05:25] | I’d have to describe her tone as… | 夫人很坚持,总统先生 我可以描述她的语气… |
[05:27] | You don’t have to describe her tone to me. | 你不用对我描述她的语气 |
[05:29] | We’ve been married 30 years. | 我跟她结婚已经三十二年 |
[05:31] | I don’t want to get in trouble… Give me the medicine. | 我不想得罪第一夫人 把药给我,查理,谢谢 |
[05:33] | Thank you. Have a good night. | 晚安,明早再见 |
[05:34] | Yes, sir. | 好的,先生 |
[05:35] | Thank you all! | 谢谢你们大家 |
[05:37] | Women: We love you, josh! | 我们爱你,乔西 |
[05:38] | Thanks. | 我们爱你,乔西 |
[05:41] | It helps not to know him! | 谢了 最好是别认识他 好了,走吧 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 白宫风云 |
[05:43] | Here we go! Moving out! | |
[06:34] | C.j.: leo, your food’s getting cold. | 里奥,你的食物变冷了 |
[06:36] | Do you want me to bring it over? | 你要我帮你拿过来吗? |
[06:37] | Seriously, I have never had dumplings | 说真的,我没吃过 这么好吃的饺子 |
[06:39] | Quite this good. | 我的食物不是也变冷了吗? 我们帮你吃掉了 |
[06:41] | Isn’t my food getting cold, too? | 我的食物不是也变冷了吗? 我们帮你吃掉了 |
[06:42] | We ate your food. C.j., you have to try this. | 茜洁,你得尝尝这个 谢了,你来尝尝这个 |
[06:44] | Oh, thanks. Try some of this. Here it comes. | 来了 |
[06:46] | Mm. Oh, sam, you got to try | 山姆,你得尝尝左宗棠鸡 |
[06:47] | The general cho’s chicken. And the kung pao chicken. | 还有宫保鸡丁 |
[06:50] | With the sauce. | 加酱汁吃 |
[06:52] | You got to have it with the sauce. That’s delicious. | 对,一定要加上酱汁 |
[06:53] | You didn’t try it with the sauce. | 太好吃了 你没加上酱汁 |
[06:55] | Would the two of you shut up? | 你们两个可不可以闭嘴 |
[06:57] | Mandy: You want to try spicy crispy beef? | 你要尝尝香辣脆牛肉吗 |
[06:59] | I’m really very happy with the food that I’ve got. Botrell? | 我很满意现在所吃的 是鲍崔尔吗? |
[07:02] | No, it’s not botrell. | 不是鲍崔尔 |
[07:04] | I’ve only got two But botrell isn’t one of them. | 我只知道两个人,但不是他 |
[07:08] | Katzenmoyer and wick. | 是凯兹莫跟威克 |
[07:09] | I could have called that. | 我早该知道了 |
[07:11] | Sam, could you slide me | 山姆,给我一瓶汽水好吗? |
[07:12] | A soda, please? | 每个人都不在家 我只查出欧班农 |
[07:13] | Everyone’s someplace else. | 每个人都不在家 我只查出欧班农 |
[07:14] | All I got was o’bannon. | 我不知道有欧班农 一共查出三个人了 |
[07:16] | I didn’t get o’bannon. Three. Who’d you get? | 你查出谁了吗? |
[07:18] | Katzenmoyer And christopher wick. Chris wick? | 凯兹莫和克里斯威克 |
[07:21] | Yeah. | 克里斯威克? 对 |
[07:22] | It’s got to be a mistake, who told you that? | 一定有误,谁告诉你的? |
[07:24] | Lee tamaki and the minority whip. | 李塔马奇和在野党鞭 |
[07:26] | They got bad information, wick wouldn’t jump the fence. | 他们的消息不正确 克里斯威克不可能倒戈 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[07:28] | President told a ballroom of people | 总统刚刚对一屋子人宣布 |
[07:30] | And anyone who reads the newspaper | 看到报纸的人也知道 |
[07:32] | That we’re going to pass 802 on wednesday. | 星期三我们将通过八零二法案 |
[07:34] | We got a 72-hour fight. | 我们只剩七十二小时争取 |
[07:35] | How do we do that without making noise? | 我们只剩七十二小时争取 |
[07:37] | What do we care about noise? | 怎样才能办到又不引人注目 我们在乎引人注目吗? 李维林威尔斯 |
[07:39] | There are two things you never want | 世上有两件事你不想让人看到 |
[07:41] | To let people see how you make them– laws and sausages. Got it. First of all, obviously | 就是通过法案和做香肠 |
[07:45] | Don’t involve the president. | 懂了 最重要是别把总统扯进来 |
[07:46] | Absolutely. This is us. | 当然,就只是我们 |
[07:47] | C.j., what’s the pressroom going | 当然,就只是我们 |
[07:49] | To be talking about the next few days? Financial disclosure. | 茜洁,这几天记者们 会关切什么事? 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[07:51] | It’s that time again? | 财产申报 又到了那个时节了? |
[07:54] | What you are worth, toby? | 又到了那个时节了 你的身价是多少?托比 |
[07:55] | Well, I own this tuxedo | 我拥有这套礼服 |
[07:56] | And I’ve got 23 bucks in my pocket. | 口袋还有二十三元 |
[07:59] | That’s good. | 很不错 |
[08:00] | Financial disclosure, it is. | 你是说财产申报不错? |
[08:02] | No, I mean, that’s good. | 不,我是说这么多钱不错 |
[08:03] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[08:05] | C.j., feed them human interest | 茜洁,给他们有人情味的故事 导演:麦可李曼 |
[08:06] | Not just, “Look, we’re disclosing assets. | 别只是申报财产 |
[08:08] | People will really get a kick out of reading | 人们喜欢读到你们有多少钱 |
[08:10] | About how much money you have– especially when they find out | 发现你们没钱时更加开心 |
[08:13] | You don’t have any. A humiliating way of taking one for the team. | 这样羞辱自己人很缺德 |
[08:16] | They’re going to love you for being broke, toby. | 他们发现你穷死了 |
[08:18] | I found that women especially can’t get enough | 就会爱死你,托比 |
[08:20] | Of my 1993 dodge dart. | 我早知道了,我发现女人 特别爱我那一九九三年的老车 |
[08:22] | How do we get the votes? | 我们要怎样才能拿到 足够票数? |
[08:24] | Setting aside wick– and I agree, someone’s getting that wrong– | 别把威克算在内 我同意乔西,有人搞错了 |
[08:27] | Katzenmoyer and o’bannon, I buy. | 凯兹莫跟欧班农我相信 |
[08:29] | I’ll guess the other two are tillinghouse and lebrandt. | 我猜另两个是提林豪跟李布朗 |
[08:32] | That’s what we’re going to hear tomorrow morning. | 我们明早就会听到这些名字 |
[08:34] | Now, the two of them are going to vote together on this | 他们两人会投票一致 所以只需要抓紧其中一人 |
[08:37] | So we really only need to get to one | 不管是提林豪或李布朗… |
[08:38] | Whether tillinghouse or lebrandt– | 应该是提林豪 |
[08:40] | It should be tillinghouse– we’ll need help. | 我们需要人帮忙 对 |
[08:41] | Yeah. Who? | 找谁帮忙? 你不会喜欢那个人 |
[08:43] | You’re not going to like it– the vice president. | 谁? 副总统 |
[08:45] | No way. | 门都没有 里奥 |
[08:46] | Leo… No way. | 绝对不行 提林豪跟副总统… |
[08:47] | Tillinghouse and the vice president… | 我绝不找何因斯 事实上,里奥,我认为… |
[08:49] | I’m not using hoynes. Leo, I have to say… | 现在几点?我的表是两点 |
[08:51] | What time do you have? My watch says 2:00? | 是两点 |
[08:54] | Somebody pay for this? Mandy: I got it. | 这些东西有人付帐了吗? 我付了 |
[08:55] | Turn in the receipt. | 别忘了缴回收据,我得回家了 |
[08:56] | I got to go home. Toby, sam, beautiful work. | 托比、山姆,干得好 |
[08:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:59] | 21/////2 paragraphs, 37 pages. Where have you been? | 两段半跟三十七页 |
[09:25] | What do you mean? | 你去哪里了? 什么意思? |
[09:28] | The event was over at 10:30. | 晚会十点半就结束 |
[09:29] | I thought you were going to come straight home. ( sighs ) | 我以为你马上就会回家 |
[09:33] | I’m really sorry, jenny. | 很抱歉,珍妮 |
[09:35] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[09:36] | We’re five votes short on 802. | 八零二法案我们还少五票 |
[09:40] | And what can you possibly do about that | 你在凌晨两点半能做什么 |
[09:42] | At 2:00 in the morning | 为什么不等上班再说? |
[09:44] | That you can’t do at your normal business hours? | 我可以做些事,珍妮 |
[09:46] | I can do things, jenny. I wake people up. | 我会把别人吵醒 |
[09:48] | I meet with key staff. | 和重要人员见面 这是很耗时的工作 |
[09:50] | It’s a long… | 里奥 |
[09:51] | Leo. | 里奥 |
[09:53] | Come to bed. | 上床吧 |
[09:55] | Yeah, I’ll be right up. | 好,马上就来 |
[09:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[10:02] | ( sighs ) | |
[10:04] | It’s a wristwatch. | 是只手表 |
[10:09] | For me? | 送我的吗? |
[10:10] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:12] | From you? | 你送的? |
[10:13] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:15] | For what? | 为什么? |
[10:18] | Our anniversary. | 我们的结婚纪念日 |
[10:24] | Come to bed. | 上床吧 “星期二” |
[10:39] | Woman: it’s unusual, don’t you think? | 你不认为这很不寻常吗? |
[10:41] | I honestly couldn’t say. | 我真的不知道 |
[10:43] | I’m saying only owning one stock issue. | 我是说只拥有一种股票 |
[10:45] | Yes. | 对 |
[10:47] | It’s pretty unusual. | 这很不寻常 |
[10:49] | And I’m saying I really couldn’t say. | 我说我真的不知道 |
[10:51] | I have no background or education | 我对股市毫无认识或背景 |
[10:53] | In the stock market, I’m a speech writer. | 我是个撰稿员 |
[10:55] | You’re the communications director, toby. | 你是新闻主任,托比 |
[10:56] | You can’t tell me you have no… | 你不能说你毫无… |
[10:58] | I can tell you, leela– ask the treasury secretary. | 我没办法告诉你,莉娜 你可以去问财政部长 |
[11:00] | Ask the chairman of the federal reserve. | 去问联邦准备局主席 |
[11:02] | I’m a total novice at these things. Toby… | 我对这种事是外行 |
[11:04] | I have never owned a share of stock until last year. | 托比… 去年之前,我没买过任何股票 |
[11:07] | What made you buy the stock? | 你为什么会去买那支股票? |
[11:09] | I use their website, I like the company. | 我用过他们的网站 我喜欢那家公司 |
[11:11] | $5,000 worth? | 就买了五千元股票? 没错 |
[11:12] | That’s right. | 现在那些股票值十二万五千元 |
[11:14] | And now the stock is worth… $125,000? | |
[11:18] | ( laughs ) | |
[11:20] | Leela, I’m as surprised as anybody. | 莉娜,我跟别人一样很意外 |
[11:23] | I didn’t know until the accountant called your office. | 直到会计师通知你办公室 我才知道 |
[11:25] | Did you know that 71% of the increase | 就在加州理工教授提奥麦格 |
[11:27] | Happened the day after cal poly professor theodore mcgreggor | 在国会作证网路股前景后 |
[11:30] | Testified to the commerce committee | 那支股票暴涨百分之七十一 |
[11:31] | On the future of internet stocks? | 你知道吗 |
[11:33] | Of course, I didn’t. | 我当然不知道 |
[11:35] | I’m telling you I never any pay attention…. ( knock at door ) | 我告诉你我从不注意这种事 |
[11:37] | Excuse me, toby. Sam says they got all five. | 抱歉,托比 什么事? |
[11:39] | Tillinghouse. Yeah. | 山姆说查出那五个人了 是提林豪吗? |
[11:41] | Thank you. | 对 |
[11:43] | The white house counsel’s office | 谢了 |
[11:45] | Is going to want to investigate. | 白宫顾问室会… |
[11:47] | Leela, I’ve got 48 hours till a crucial floor vote. | 莉娜,再48小时有重要投票 有没有办法… |
[11:51] | Is there any way that… You arranged for mcgreggor to testify | 托比,当初是你安排麦格 |
[11:53] | In front of commerce in the first place. | 到商务委员会前作证 |
[11:55] | I grew up on the same block as ted mcgreggor. | 我跟提奥麦格同一条街长大 他是很受尊敬的… |
[11:57] | He’s very well respected. | 我明白 |
[11:59] | No, I understand, but market analysts widely attribute | 但市场专家都认为科技股大涨 |
[12:02] | The jump in technology stocks to the testimony Of, among others, your boyhood friend. | 主要是因为你老友的作证 |
[12:08] | Are you telling me… | 你是说你不知道 |
[12:10] | You didn’t know what he was going to say to the committee? | 他在委员会作证时会说什么? |
[12:13] | I’m telling you that not only didn’t I know | 我要告诉你的是我既不知道 |
[12:15] | What he was going to say to the committee | 他在委员会作证时会说什么 |
[12:17] | Not only didn’t i care what he was going to say | 也不在乎他会说什么 |
[12:20] | To the committee, but, if he had sat in my office | 即使他坐在办公室口述 |
[12:22] | While I typed up his testimony before him | 由我来替他打证词 |
[12:24] | I wouldn’t have understood | 我也搞不懂 |
[12:26] | What he was going to say to the committee! | 他要对委员会说什么 |
[12:28] | Toby… What?! | 托比 |
[12:30] | Friend to friend. | 什么? |
[12:31] | Yeah. | 我以朋友立场说话 好 |
[12:34] | You know that manipulating The stock market or trying to | 你知道炒作股市或 |
[12:37] | Or conspiring to manipulate the market in any way… Is a federal crime, right? | 企图炒作股市是违反联邦罪吗 |
[12:43] | Leela, are you saying I should be talking to a lawyer? | 你是说我该去找律师谈谈吗? |
[12:45] | Toby… | 托比,你现在就是 |
[12:47] | I’m saying you’re talking to one right now. | 在跟律师谈话 |
[12:53] | So what’s the range Of what we’re talking about? | 我们现在谈的范围有多大? |
[12:55] | Congratulations, josh. Thanks. Mrs. Landingham. | 恭喜,乔西 |
[12:58] | What’s she congratulating you on? | 谢了,蓝丁汉太太 她在恭喜你什么? |
[12:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 范围有多大? |
[13:00] | What’s the range? | 我不知道 范围有多大? |
[13:02] | Yeah. | 对 每一票都很贵 |
[13:02] | Votes are expensive. O’bannon’s going to want farm subsidies revisited. | 欧班农要重新考虑农业补助 |
[13:06] | Katzenmoyer’s going to go back To federal tax-exempt for metrolink. | 凯兹莫会重提大众捷运免税案 |
[13:09] | We’re talking about unions | 这牵涉到工会、国防合约 |
[13:10] | Defense contracts, possibly agency appointments. | 或是人事任用等等 |
[13:12] | My point is, the clock’s running | 重点是时间紧迫 |
[13:14] | And we’re no closer to answering the question. | 我们却还解决不了问题 |
[13:15] | Which question? | 什么问题? |
[13:16] | How we get five votes | 如何赢得五票 |
[13:17] | Without giving away everything in the store. | 而不用丢出太多筹码 |
[13:19] | Congratulations, josh. | 恭喜,乔西 |
[13:20] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[13:20] | What the…? | 我们什么也不用给就能办到 我们不可能… |
[13:21] | We do it by giving | 我们什么也不用给就能办到 我们不可能… |
[13:22] | Away nothing in the store. | 我说什么也不用给 你在说什么? |
[13:24] | Sam, l.b.j. Never would have taken this kind of crap | 詹森总统就不吃 |
[13:26] | From democrats in congress. | 国会中民主党员这一套 |
[13:28] | He’d have said, “You’re voting my way, in exchange for which | 他会说你们投票支持我 |
[13:30] | It is possible that I might remember your name.” | 这样我可能会记得你 |
[13:33] | We need to win, and I mean win. | 我们需要赢,真正地赢 |
[13:35] | We need to take a curtain call and a victory lap | 我们要赢得胜利和欢呼 |
[13:37] | And that’s how we get momentum. | 这样子才有气势 |
[13:39] | We get it by being tough | 我们要坚定立场,绝不妥协 |
[13:40] | And we give away nothing. | |
[13:42] | That’s what I’m taking to leo. | 我要这样去告诉里奥 那么克里斯威克呢 |
[13:44] | And chris wick? | 克里斯威克会买我的帐 |
[13:45] | Chris wick, I own his ass. | |
[13:46] | ( cheering ) | |
[13:48] | Josh lyman! | |
[13:50] | I sense I’m being mocked. | 好像有人在嘲弄我 |
[13:51] | Congratulations, josh. | 恭喜,乔西 我做了什么事? |
[13:53] | What did I do? | 你的财产申报表赢得 二十五元以上的最佳礼物奖 |
[13:54] | You won our award for best gift | 你的财产申报表赢得 |
[13:55] | Valued over $25 On the financial disclosure report. | 二十五元以上的最佳礼物奖 |
[13:57] | Really? | 真的吗? 对 |
[13:58] | Yeah. | 真的吗? 对 我得奖是拜什么之赐? |
[13:59] | What won it for me? | 我得奖是拜什么之赐? 莎拉威辛女士送你价值 1189元的丝质吸烟服 |
[14:00] | $1,189 vianatelli silk smoking jacket | 莎拉威辛女士送你价值 |
[14:02] | From mrs. Sarah wissinger. Ah, yes. | 1189元的丝质吸烟服 |
[14:04] | You’re also the runner-up | 对了 |
[14:06] | By the way, with a $345 antique | 你也同时赢得第二名奖 |
[14:07] | Scrimshaw cigarette holder, also from ms. Sarah wissinger. | 也是莎拉威辛女士送你的 |
[14:11] | Well, sarah was very fond of me. | 价值345元的雕刻香烟盒 莎拉很喜欢我 |
[14:13] | Well, I’d imagine with that smoking jacket | 你穿着吸烟服使用香烟盒 |
[14:15] | And cigarette holder, you were quite the dandy. | 一定很有花花公子派头 |
[14:17] | All right, this was fun | 好,很好笑 |
[14:19] | But sam and I are busy making critical decisions | 但山姆和我要做重要的决定 |
[14:20] | And I’m sure you have a lot of typing to do | 你一定也得忙着打字 回头再谈 |
[14:22] | So I’ll talk to you later. | 拜拜 我去摆平克里斯威克 |
[14:23] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[14:25] | I’ll take care of chris wick. | 我去摆平克里斯威克 |
[14:26] | Where you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[14:27] | Where you going? | 你又要去哪里? |
[14:28] | I was following you. | 我是跟着你走 |
[14:29] | I was following you. | 我是跟着你走 |
[14:31] | All right. | 好,别告诉别人出了这种糗事 |
[14:32] | Don’t tell anyone this happened, okay? | |
[14:34] | Sam. | 山姆 我有个问题,得跟你谈谈 |
[14:35] | I got a problem. | 山姆 我有个问题,得跟你谈谈 |
[14:37] | I need to talk to you for a few minutes. | 好的 |
[14:38] | It can be dom, it can be kristal. | 可以由唐家或水晶餐厅点菜 她喜欢这两家 |
[14:40] | She likes them both. | 你喜欢哪一个? 我不喝香槟 |
[14:41] | Which do you like? | 你喜欢哪一个? |
[14:42] | I don’t drink champagne. | 我不喝香槟 |
[14:43] | The important thing is that it be in a high hat. | 但是一定要用高桶来装 那是什么? |
[14:45] | What’s that? It’s the silver bucket that rests on the tripod. | 这是放在三角架上的银桶 |
[14:49] | In fact, the whole meal Should be under sterling silver. | 所有餐具都要用纯银的 |
[14:52] | They’ll know what that means? | 他们会知道怎么做吧? 对 |
[14:53] | Yeah. | 那音乐呢? 我会放唱片 |
[14:53] | How ’bout music? | 那音乐呢? |
[14:54] | I’ll put on a record. | 我会放唱片 |
[14:56] | You don’t want a violinist? | 你不请小提琴师吗? |
[14:57] | To play the violin? | 来拉小提琴? |
[14:58] | Is that what people get now? | 对 |
[15:00] | I know it’s available. | 现代人都流行这一套吗? |
[15:01] | No. | 我知道有这种服务 |
[15:02] | ’cause after the initial thing wears off | 不用,等新鲜感一过 |
[15:04] | There’s just a guy with a violin in my house. | 我家就多个手拿小提琴的人 |
[15:07] | Harry winston’s sending down the choker. | 好 |
[15:09] | It’ll be here this afternoon. | 哈利温斯顿会送项链来吗? |
[15:10] | It’s the right size. | 下午会送到 大小合适吗? |
[15:11] | We can only hope. | 希望合适 |
[15:12] | My wife’s got a great neck. | 希望合适 |
[15:14] | This will call attention to it. | 我太太脖子美极了 戴上项链,大家非注意到不可 |
[15:16] | Would you stop? | 你别再念了行吗? 你花太多钱了 |
[15:17] | You spend too much money. | 你别再念了行吗? 你花太多钱了 |
[15:19] | You can squeeze the life out of a nickel | 你苛扣钱的本事 |
[15:21] | Better than any ten people I know. | 比我认识的其他人都厉害 |
[15:23] | Well, excuse me for not having made | 拜托 |
[15:25] | $40,000 a pop on the lecture circuit. | 我不像你一场演讲就赚四万 |
[15:27] | Stop reading the disclosure reports. | 别再偷看我的报税资料 |
[15:28] | They’re none of your business. | 那不关你的事 |
[15:30] | They’re going to be printed in the newspaper in two days. | 再过两天就会登在报上了 里奥 |
[15:32] | Josh– do women like violinists? | 乔西,女人喜欢小提琴手吗? |
[15:36] | You thinking about | 你想去学吗? |
[15:37] | Taking lessons? | 不,我是说听,就在桌边听 |
[15:38] | No, I mean to listen to | |
[15:39] | Next to the table. | 听了一会就有点奇怪不是吗? |
[15:41] | It gets a little weird after a minute, doesn’t it? | 我也这么想 |
[15:43] | That’s what I thought. | 是珍妮的生日吗? 我忘了我们的结婚纪念日 |
[15:44] | Jenny’s birthday? | 是珍妮的生日吗? |
[15:45] | I forgot our anniversary. | 我忘了我们的结婚纪念日 |
[15:46] | Then shift into gear | 那么我会改弦易辙 |
[15:48] | And bring on the julliard string quartet. | 请茱莉亚弦乐四重奏来表演 |
[15:49] | Call the guy. | 去聘请他 |
[15:51] | Perhaps mrs. Mcgarry would enjoy you | 也许马加瑞太太会喜欢看你 |
[15:53] | In a nice smoking jacket. | 穿着高级抽烟服 |
[15:56] | Leave. | 走吧 |
[15:57] | Call the guy. | 去聘请他 |
[15:58] | I’m going to see katzenmoyer. | 我要去见凯兹莫 什么时候? |
[15:59] | When? Right now. | 我要去见凯兹莫 什么时候? |
[16:01] | What are you going to give him? | 现在去 你要给他什么来交换 |
[16:02] | Nothing more than a wake-up call. | 什么也不给 |
[16:04] | I want permission to kick his ass. | 我要你准许我修理他 |
[16:05] | You want to dangle | 你要用他的职位来威胁他? |
[16:06] | His job in front of him? Yeah. | 对 |
[16:08] | No. | 不行 |
[16:09] | Let him hear the branch creak. | 我要让他知道权位不保 |
[16:11] | If it doesn’t work, we can’t do it again. | 我们试过,但没效 这一招不能再用了 |
[16:13] | If it doesn’t work, I back off. | 如果不管用,我就让步 |
[16:14] | If it doesn’t work, we give katzenmoyer metrolink | 我们就给凯兹莫捷运免税 |
[16:16] | We let o’bannon order off the menu. | 随便欧班农挑他要的 |
[16:18] | If it does work, I think we get | 如果管用,就可拿回四票 |
[16:19] | The other four votes no problem When word gets out we’re not screwin’ around. | 让别人知道我们可不含糊 |
[16:26] | I should sell tickets to this meeting. | 你们这次会谈势必精彩 我该预售门票 |
[16:33] | You got to understand | 你得了解我选区的选民 |
[16:35] | The people in my district, josh. | |
[16:37] | Your constituents like the tech-9 | 你的选民喜欢TC―9手枪 |
[16:39] | And the rutger mini-14, do they? | 跟鲁格迷你机枪吗? |
[16:41] | They go quail hunting with an uzi? | 他们用冲锋枪猎鹌鹑吗? |
[16:43] | I won with 52% of the vote. | 我赢得百分之五十二的选票 |
[16:45] | From the moment I’m sworn in | |
[16:47] | I need to raise $10,000 a week | 从我就任起,为了竞选连任 |
[16:49] | Just to run a re-election campaign. | 我每周得募集一万元 |
[16:51] | And you’re not doing so well. | 而你进行得不太顺利 |
[16:52] | Averaging $6,500. | 我每周只能募到六千五 |
[16:54] | That’s money I can just squeak by with. | 勉强撑下去 |
[16:56] | The n.r.a. Makes me a target | 如果枪枝协会下次选举攻击我 |
[16:57] | In the next election, I lose, plain and simple. | 我必输无疑,就那么简单 |
[17:00] | Ask me two years from now. | 两年后你来找我 我一定支持你 |
[17:01] | I’ll be there for you. | 两年后就会多出五万五千人 死于枪击,但那不是我要谈的 |
[17:03] | 55,000 more people will be shot and killed | 两年后就会多出五万五千人 |
[17:05] | With guns two years from now But that’s very much beside the point. | 死于枪击,但那不是我要谈的 |
[17:09] | What is your point? | 你要说的是什么? |
[17:11] | Forgive my bluntness | 怒我直言 |
[17:12] | And I say this with all due respect, congressman | 我说这话全是为你好 |
[17:15] | But vote yes or you’re not even | 如果你不投赞成票 |
[17:17] | Going to be on the ballot two years from now. | 两年后你就不用选了 |
[17:19] | How do you figure? | 你怎么晓得? |
[17:20] | You’ll lose in the primary. | 你在初选就会输掉 |
[17:22] | No democrat’s against me. | 我的选区里又没有民主党对手 |
[17:23] | Sure there is. | 我的选区里又没有民主党对手 |
[17:24] | Who? | 当然会有 |
[17:25] | Whomever we pick. | 谁? 我们选择的人 |
[17:29] | You’re bluffing. | 你在唬我 |
[17:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:36] | I’m in your own party. | 我们是同一党的耶 这点现在对我们没什么好处 |
[17:37] | It doesn’t seem to be | 我们是同一党的耶 |
[17:38] | Doing us much good, now, does it? | 这点现在对我们没什么好处 |
[17:40] | Against an incumbent democrat, | 你们会对抗现任的民主党议员 |
[17:43] | You’d go to the press and endorse a challenger? | 向媒体宣布支持挑战者? |
[17:45] | No, sir, we’re going to do it in person. | 不,我们会亲自进行 |
[17:47] | See, you won with 52% | 你赢得百分之五十二选票 |
[17:48] | But the president took your district with 59 | 但总统在你选区得票 百分之五十九 |
[17:50] | And I think it’s high time we come back and say thanks. | 我想我们现在该回你的选区 向选民致谢 |
[17:53] | Do you have any idea how much noise | 你想空军一号在威斯康辛 |
[17:55] | Air force one makes when it lands in eau claire, wisconsin? | 克莱尔基地降落会有多大反应 |
[17:58] | We’re going to have a party. | 我们会开个派对 |
[17:59] | You should come– it’s going to be great | 你该来看看,会很棒 |
[18:00] | And when the watermelon’s done | 在市区广场吃完西瓜后 |
[18:02] | Right in town square, right in the band gazebo… You got a band gazebo? Josh. | 就在露台上,你们会搭露台吧 |
[18:05] | Doesn’t matter, we’ll build one. | 没关系,我们会搭 |
[18:07] | Right in the band gazebo | 乔西 |
[18:08] | The president will drape his arm | 就在露台上,总统会跟 |
[18:09] | Around the shoulder of some assistant d.a. We like | 我们选的助理检察官勾肩搭背 |
[18:11] | You should have your camera with you. | 你该带相机来拍照 |
[18:13] | To get a picture of that | 拍下这重要一刻 |
[18:14] | ’cause that will be the moment | 因为那就是你在民主党的 |
[18:16] | You’re finished in democratic politics. | 政治生命结束之时 |
[18:17] | President bartlet’s a good man. He’s got a good heart. | 巴特勒总统是个好人 |
[18:22] | He doesn’t hold a grudge. | 他很宽容不会记恨 |
[18:27] | That’s what he pays me for. | 这就是他雇我的目的 |
[18:33] | $125,000. | 十二万五千元 |
[18:34] | Could you stop saying that?! | 别再说了,好吗? |
[18:38] | Sure. | 当然 |
[18:39] | How much trouble am I in? | |
[18:41] | Well, there’s two kinds of trouble here– | 我有多大的麻烦? |
[18:43] | Actual trouble and p.r. Trouble. | 你有两种麻烦 实际上和公关上的麻烦 |
[18:45] | Talk about actual trouble. | 先谈谈实际上的麻烦 |
[18:46] | You’re in no actual trouble. | 你没有实际上的麻烦 |
[18:47] | Really? Absolutely not. | 真的? 绝对没有 |
[18:49] | Good. | 很好 但我还是会聘请律师 |
[18:50] | But I’d hire a lawyer anyway. | 很好 但我还是会聘请律师 |
[18:51] | Why? | 为什么? |
[18:52] | Because technically you’ve committed a felony | 因为技术上来说,你犯了法 |
[18:53] | Punishable by imprisonment And fines reaching into the millions. | 可能被判入狱或罚上百万元 |
[18:57] | All right, let’s move away From actual trouble for a second | 好,先不谈实际上的麻烦 |
[19:00] | And let’s talk about… Perception. | 来谈谈认知问题 |
[19:02] | Yes. | 好,是的,你没做错事 |
[19:03] | Right. We’ve done nothing wrong | |
[19:04] | Yet the perception | 可是对只看浮光掠影的人来说 这是很难堪的事 |
[19:06] | Of those who would choose to glance only at a snapshot | 可是对只看浮光掠影的人来说 |
[19:08] | Would be embarrassing. | 这是很难堪的事 |
[19:09] | To say nothing of damaging | 更别提对总统可能有的伤害 |
[19:10] | To the president. Indeed. | 没错 |
[19:12] | Why are you like this? | 你为什么这么说? |
[19:14] | Because I can’t help but be reminded | 因为这让我想起一个聪明 |
[19:15] | Of a bright young white house deputy | 有干劲的白宫助理 |
[19:18] | Who took no end of admonition and grief | 因为交女朋友 |
[19:20] | Because of a woman he was friends with. | 而饱受谴责和忧惧 |
[19:21] | I totally backed you on that. | 那件事我完全支持你 |
[19:22] | Which is why I couldn’t be happier to help. | 所以我才乐于帮助你 |
[19:24] | It’s like being able to do something | 就像替我老哥办点事 |
[19:26] | For my older brother. I’m your guy on this. | 这事我一定支持你 |
[19:29] | What’s your level of confidence? | 你有多少信心? |
[19:31] | Absolutely none. | 毫无信心 |
[19:32] | Right. Who else knows about this? | 好,还有谁知道这件事? |
[19:34] | Anyone who saw the report. | 每个看到申报表的人 |
[19:35] | Everybody has the report. | 每个人都看得到 |
[19:37] | You really have to study it to… | 但要仔细看才算得出来 |
[19:38] | Toby? I was heading out | 抱歉,托比 |
[19:39] | For lunch and I’m a little short. | 我要去吃午饭但手边缺钱 |
[19:41] | You wouldn’t happen to have $125,000 | 你有没有十二万五千元 |
[19:43] | I could borrow, would you? ( laughing ) | 可以借给我? |
[19:49] | I got your back on this, buddy. | 这事我完全支持你 |
[19:51] | I’m so… Completely screwed. | 我真是灾情惨重 |
[19:56] | A $145 armani cravat | 145元的亚曼尼领巾 |
[19:58] | Which I’m pretty sure is a necktie. | 我相信这是条领带 |
[20:01] | It was a gift from his brother-in-law. | 这是他妹夫送的礼物 |
[20:03] | He gave it to the salvation army. | 他捐给了救世军 |
[20:04] | Information I’m sure the president | 我相信总统绝不希望 |
[20:06] | Would prefer his brother-in-law did not have. | 他妹夫知道这消息 |
[20:08] | C.j., I’m curious | 茜洁,我对总统在 |
[20:10] | About the president’s farm in manchester. | 曼彻斯特的农场很好奇 |
[20:13] | The property value increased $750,000. | 那块地产价值为什么 |
[20:15] | What’s that due to? | 增加了七十五万元 |
[20:16] | Secret service improvements. | 特勤服务的改善设施 |
[20:18] | Can you go into detail, please? | 能不能说详细一点? |
[20:19] | The property now includes a heli pad | 那里增盖了直升机降落场 |
[20:20] | And the ability to run a global war From the sun porch. | 和在阳台操控世界大战的设施 |
[20:24] | That’s all for now, folks. | 就这么多了,下午是 |
[20:26] | Later this afternoon We’ll do deputy chief of staff joshua lyman. | 副幕僚长乔西赖曼的申报资料 |
[20:30] | I assure you, you’ll want to save | 我相信你们该为他 |
[20:31] | Column inches for this one. | 多留些专栏版位 |
[20:34] | Thanks for the promo. | 多谢你的宣传 |
[20:35] | They really can’t get enough of you. | 他们对你特别感兴趣 |
[20:37] | I got katzenmoyer. | 我拉回了凯兹莫 他回心转意了? |
[20:38] | He’s back? | 我拉回了凯兹莫 他回心转意了? |
[20:39] | Along with o’bannon and lebrandt. | 还有欧班农和李布朗 |
[20:40] | You got three! | 你拉回了三票 |
[20:41] | Chris wick’s waiting for me right now. | 克里斯威克现在正在等我 |
[20:43] | I don’t know what his story is | 我不知道他的情形 |
[20:45] | But I’m not that worried. | 但我不担心 |
[20:46] | You worried about tillinghouse? | 你担心提林豪? |
[20:47] | I can’t get him | 你担心提林豪? 没有副总统帮忙,掌握不了他 里奥一定得改变态度 |
[20:48] | Without the vice president. | 没有副总统帮忙,掌握不了他 |
[20:49] | Leo’s got to lighten up on that. | 里奥一定得改变态度 |
[20:50] | Get wick first and then we’ll deal with it. | 先拿到威克的票再谈 |
[20:53] | Josh. Congressman wick is waiting in the mural room. | 乔西 什么事? |
[20:56] | I know. | 威克议员在壁画室等你 我知道 |
[20:57] | He’s been waiting 20 minutes. I know. | 他已经等了二十分钟 我知道 |
[20:58] | You have a legislative | 十五分钟后 |
[21:00] | Liaison meeting in 15 minutes. I know. | 你要开国会连络会议 |
[21:01] | Then the east asia briefing. I know. | 我知道 然后是东亚简报 |
[21:03] | Then this conversation served only as a reminder. | 我知道 好吧 那么这段谈话就当做是提醒你 |
[21:06] | Actually, it only served | 事实上只是浪费我的时间 |
[21:07] | As a colossal waste of time and energy. Keep up the good work. | 和精力,继续好好干吧 |
[21:10] | Congressman! | 议员 |
[21:11] | Dude. | 兄弟 |
[21:12] | Uh, john, fritz… | 约翰 |
[21:14] | Uh, guys, could you wait outside? | 约翰 |
[21:16] | The congressman and I want to talk about old times. | 各位,能不能到外面等一下 议员要跟我叙叙旧 |
[21:19] | Thanks. | 好,去吧 |
[21:20] | Thanks a lot. | 多谢 |
[21:22] | Could you close the door, please? Is that supposed to impress me? | 请关上门好吗? |
[21:26] | You have a staff? | 你带了幕僚,是来向我示威吗 |
[21:27] | Josh… | 乔西… |
[21:28] | I told the house minority whip | 我告诉少数党党鞭说他疯了 |
[21:30] | He was crazy. No way is chris wick jumping the fence. | 我说威克不可能倒戈 |
[21:33] | Do you have any idea how stupid this makes me look? | 你知道你让我多难堪吗? |
[21:35] | Look, about that, dude. | 关于这件事,兄弟 |
[21:36] | Shove it, dude. | 少来,兄弟,我们现在不是 |
[21:38] | We’re not in a frat house anymore. What the hell, man? | 在大学兄弟会里 |
[21:41] | Name for me, please, the weapons banned in this bill | 你搞什么… 你能说出这条法案 禁止的枪枝名字 |
[21:43] | And why you feel they should be legal. | 和应该合法的理由吗? |
[21:46] | I realize I should have called you when… | 我知道我当时应该先通知你 |
[21:47] | Let’s start here. | 我知道我当时应该先通知你 |
[21:48] | Name the weapons banned in this bill. | 先从这里谈起 |
[21:49] | If you’d let me explain… | 告诉我这法案禁止的枪枝名字 |
[21:51] | You don’t have a clue. | 如果你让我解释… 你根本搞不清楚 |
[21:52] | No, that’s not true. | 那不是事实 你知道MAC90吗 |
[21:53] | Mac-90? The pcr, mfr | 那不是事实 你知道MAC90吗 你听我说 PCR,MFR你听过吗? |
[21:54] | Listen. | 你听我说 |
[21:55] | Anything ring a bell? | PCR,MFR你听过吗? |
[21:56] | My aides were supposed… | 我的助理应该先连络… |
[21:58] | They’re both copycats of the ar-15 assault rifle | 那些是模仿两年前 |
[21:59] | That was banned two years ago. | 被禁的AR15型长枪 |
[22:01] | It’s the exact same gun. | 而且根本是一模一样 冷静点 |
[22:02] | Calm down. | 而且根本是一模一样 冷静点 |
[22:03] | It’s back. They just changed the grip. | 它们又回来了,只是换了把手 |
[22:05] | How ’bout the pat-maxi? | 那么PAT麦西型呢 |
[22:06] | Semi-automatic, muzzle-barreled… | 是半自动,由枪管上膛… |
[22:07] | It’s a grenade launcher. | 那是榴弹枪 |
[22:08] | Yes. I’m trying to… | 对,我是想… |
[22:09] | I realize as an adult | 对,我是想… 我知道身为成年人 要有接受不同意见的雅量 |
[22:11] | Not everyone shares my view of the world | 我知道身为成年人 要有接受不同意见的雅量 |
[22:13] | And with an issue as hot as gun control | 像枪枝管制的热门话题 |
[22:15] | I’m prepared to accept a lot of different points of view | 只要是合理的 |
[22:18] | As being perfectly valid, but we can all get together | 我准备接受很多不同的意见 |
[22:20] | On the grenade launcher, right? | 但起码对榴弹枪的看法 我们应该一致吧 |
[22:21] | I put you in your seat. | 乔西 |
[22:23] | I got you elected to the house of representatives. | 是我让你有今天 是我帮你当选国会议员 |
[22:25] | Yeah, and now you guys think I’m on the leash. | 对,你们就认为 我该被牵着鼻子走? |
[22:27] | Look, I get taken for granted, josh. | 我被忽视了,乔西 |
[22:30] | I’ve one photo op with the president. | 我只跟总统照过一次相 |
[22:32] | One. Me and 16 other freshmen. | 我跟其他十六个初次当选者 |
[22:34] | That makes me weak. | 我的份量一点都不重 |
[22:36] | You’re not serious? | 你不是当真吧 |
[22:38] | I’ve been here over a year, huh? | 我已经来这里一年了 |
[22:40] | Where’s the courtship? | 有对我另眼相待吗? |
[22:42] | This isn’t ego. | 这跟自尊无关 |
[22:43] | A relationship with the white house | 跟白宫的关系就是筹码 |
[22:44] | Is currency around here And I need some. | 我需要这些 |
[22:47] | You’re voting down a measure | 你反对限制出售致命武器 |
[22:49] | That would restrict the sale of deadly weapons | 就因为没人邀你上贵宾桌? |
[22:52] | Because nobody invited you to the cool kids’ table? | 这才引起你的注意 |
[22:55] | Got your attention. You know, I’m so sick of congress I could vomit. | 国会真让我恶心得想吐 |
[23:08] | What do you want? | 你想要什么? |
[23:10] | A round of golf. | 一场高尔夫 |
[23:14] | The president doesn’t play golf. | 总统不打高尔夫 |
[23:15] | What does he play? | 那他会玩什么? |
[23:16] | Chess. | 下棋 |
[23:17] | Over brandy. | 一起喝酒,再由白宫摄影师 |
[23:19] | A couple of white house photographers and we’re fine. | 照几张相就成了 |
[23:21] | He’s going to kick your ass, you know. | 他会踢你的屁股 |
[23:24] | Whatever. You know, I really don’t appreciate you… | 不管了 我很不喜欢你称呼我… |
[23:26] | Chris, you’re a congressman. | 克里斯,你是国会议员 |
[23:28] | You got to make that real. | 举止最好也像个国会议员 |
[23:30] | This time, it was me in the mural room. | 这次是我跟你单独在壁画室 |
[23:32] | Trust me when I tell you | 相信我 |
[23:34] | You do not want to have this conversation | 你不会想跟隔壁办公的人 |
[23:36] | With the guy who works next door. | 谈这种事 |
[23:39] | You guys take care. Wow. | 你们多保重 |
[23:47] | Wow is right. | 一点没错 |
[23:48] | It is so beautiful. | 一点没错 |
[23:52] | Excellent choice, my friend. | 真是漂亮 好眼光 |
[23:54] | Stop looking at me like that. | 别这样看着我 |
[23:56] | You’re talking about jenny. | 你们是在谈论珍妮 |
[23:57] | My point being only | 我是说你这样巴结她的脖子 |
[23:58] | That it should flatter her neck In ways that are sure to please you. | 她一定会让你很愉快 |
[24:01] | Can I try it on? No. | 我能试戴一下吗? 不行 |
[24:02] | Mandy: Can I rub it against my teeth? | 我可以用牙齿磨一下吗? 不行 |
[24:03] | No. | 我可以用牙齿磨一下吗? 不行 |
[24:04] | Could we possibly talk about me? | 能不能谈谈我的事? |
[24:05] | C.j.: Are you saying I’ll stretch it? | 你是说我会把它撑大? |
[24:07] | Leo, I got four of five. | 里奥,五人我已搞定四人 |
[24:09] | I’m convinced we need the vice president to get tillinghouse. | 我确信需要副总统拉回提林豪 |
[24:12] | We’re agreed on that. No. | 我们全都这么想 不行 |
[24:13] | This needs a texan. | 这次需要一位德州佬 |
[24:14] | Leo: I had a different idea. | 我有不同的想法 |
[24:16] | I go to richardson. | 什么? 我去找理查森 |
[24:17] | We’ve tried richardson. | 我们已经跟理查森谈过了 |
[24:19] | Josh: Let’s not get the caucus any more pissed off at us. | 整个党团已经很不满意了 我们别再去惹火他们 |
[24:22] | I’ll talk to richardson alone. | 我会单独找理查森谈 |
[24:24] | You have to do it quietly and right now. | 你得马上去找他私下谈 |
[24:26] | Margaret. | 玛格 你搞定了就尽快通知我 |
[24:26] | Call me when you got it. | 玛格 你搞定了就尽快通知我 |
[24:28] | Yes, sir. | 什么事? |
[24:29] | I need to see mark richardson out of the office. | 我要找理查森 到办公室外面谈谈 |
[24:32] | You know, toby, you could afford to buy | 托比,你现在可以买得起这个 |
[24:34] | One of those now if you want. | |
[24:36] | There’s literally no one in the world | 我现在可说是讨厌全天下人了 |
[24:39] | That I don’t hate right now. | |
[24:41] | ( chuckling ) | |
[24:44] | Let me guess: | 先让我猜,乔西把凯兹莫 |
[24:45] | Josh got katzenmoyer and the rest of them Back in the boat. | 和其他人拉回来了 |
[24:48] | You came to me instead of tillinghouse | 你不去找提林豪而来找我 |
[24:50] | Because you don’t want to use hoynes. | 是不想动用何因斯 |
[24:52] | We need this one, mark. | 我们需要赢这个法案,马克 |
[24:54] | I’m voting “No,” Leo. | 我会投反对票,里奥 |
[24:55] | Mark, it’s all we could get right now and you know it. | 马克,目前我们只能做到这样 你也知道 |
[24:58] | You didn’t work hard enough. | 你们努力得不够 我们努力过了 |
[24:59] | We did. | 那么铁克九型 和二十二型手枪呢 |
[25:00] | What happened to the tec dc-9 and the tec-22? | 那么铁克九型 和二十二型手枪呢 |
[25:03] | What happened to the striker-12 | 还有史崔克十二型 |
[25:04] | And the streetsweeper? | 及街头杀手型枪枝呢? |
[25:05] | We had to lose ’em. | 我们得先放弃那些东西 |
[25:06] | You never fought for ’em. | 你们从来没为那些东西争取过 |
[25:08] | We have to do this inch by inch. | 我们得一步一步来 |
[25:10] | You know how this works. | 你也知道立法过程 |
[25:11] | No, I know how you guys work. | 不,我知道你们的运作方式 |
[25:13] | That is out of line, congressman. | 你这就有失公道了,众议员 |
[25:14] | Guns are number one on my list of priorities | 枪枝管制是我的第一优先要务 |
[25:17] | And I’ve never moved the president off of that. | 而我也从未让总统分心 其他事务上 |
[25:19] | Keeping the white house strong is number one on your list of priorities. | 你的第一优先要务 是维持白宫的强势 |
[25:22] | If the white house isn’t strong, it doesn’t really matter | 如果白宫不强势 |
[25:25] | What number two on my list is. | 第二优先要务是什么 就全都不重要了 |
[25:27] | Jesus, mark, the bodies being wheeled | 拜托,马克,送进急诊室的 |
[25:30] | Into the emergency rooms are black. | 大多是黑人 |
[25:32] | These guns aren’t going to scottsdale, mark. | 这些枪枝不会送到史考特德马 |
[25:35] | They’re going to detroit. They’re going to philadelphia. | 而是送到底特律、费城 |
[25:38] | An entire generation | 这一代的黑人都被 |
[25:39] | Of african american men are being eaten alive By drugs and poverty. | 毒品和贫穷所吞噬 |
[25:45] | Well, I’m encouraged to hear the white house has discovered | 我很高兴白宫终于注意到 |
[25:48] | There’s a drug problem in this country. | 这个国家的毒品问题 |
[25:50] | Your penetrating insight is matched only by the courage | 你的观察力就跟 |
[25:52] | Displayed in the authorship of this bill. | 拟撰这条法案的勇气一样不足 |
[25:54] | Mark, for god’s… | 马克,别这样… |
[25:56] | Not the three inch grip, but the two inch grip | 不禁售三�记拱� |
[25:59] | And the 30 round clip | 却禁售两�记拱� |
[26:00] | Not the 20 round clip | 点四十枪管,三十发弹夹 却不禁售二十发弹夹 |
[26:02] | With a three day wait to run a check to see if you’re crazy. | 三天的背景调查 就能看出买枪者是不是疯子 |
[26:04] | As if wanting the gun | 好像拥有枪枝不是最好的预警 |
[26:05] | Wasn’t a pretty good heads-up in the first place. | 不,这只是在作秀 |
[26:08] | No, this is for show. | 我认为签写和印发这法案 |
[26:10] | And I think it’s an unconscionable waste Of the taxpayer’s money | 完全是浪费纳税人的钱 |
[26:14] | To have it printed, signed and photocopied | 更别提去执行这法案了 不,我要枪枝,里奥 |
[26:15] | To say nothing of enforced. | 更别提去执行这法案了 |
[26:16] | I want the guns, leo. | 不,我要枪枝,里奥 |
[26:17] | You write a law that can save some lives, I’ll sign it. | 你去草拟能救人命的法案 我一定会签字 |
[26:21] | In the meantime, please don’t tell me | 还有别告诉我怎么当黑人领袖 |
[26:23] | How to be a leader of black men. You look like an idiot. | 这方面你是白痴 |
[26:31] | Mandy: someone gave you a year’s supply of fruit? | 有人免费供给你一年的水果? 对 |
[26:34] | Yes. | 为什么? 因为有人喜欢我 |
[26:35] | Why? | 为什么? |
[26:36] | There are people who like me. | 因为有人喜欢我 |
[26:38] | Why? | 为什么? |
[26:39] | It’s leo. | 里奥的电话 |
[26:42] | What happened? | 怎么样? |
[26:44] | That’s it. | |
[26:45] | He needs to talk to hoynes. | 就这样了,他得找何因斯谈 我们去安排会面 |
[26:47] | We’ll set up a meeting. | 好,里奥,我们会安排 |
[26:49] | Yeah, leo, we’re going to set up a meeting for you With the vice president. | 你和副总统见面 |
[26:53] | Good. | 好 |
[27:41] | Jenny? | 珍妮 |
[27:44] | I’m still here. | 我还在这里 |
[27:48] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[27:50] | Leo… | 里奥 发生了什么事? |
[27:51] | What’s going on? | 里奥 发生了什么事? |
[27:53] | Honey, I’m so sorry you went to all this trouble. | 亲爱的,抱歉,让你这么费心 |
[27:55] | It wasn’t any trouble. | 一点也不麻烦 |
[28:01] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我再也待不下去了 |
[28:04] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[28:06] | I don’t want to live like this. I just can’t. | 我真的无法这样过日子 |
[28:09] | I’m sorry | 很抱歉结婚纪念日的事 |
[28:10] | About the anniversary. | 我忘了… |
[28:11] | It’s not the anniversary. | 不只是结婚纪念日的事 |
[28:12] | It’s everything. It’s the whole thing. | 是每件事,所有的事… |
[28:17] | This is the most important thing I’ll ever do, jenny. | 这是我所做最重要的一件事 |
[28:22] | I have to do it well. | 我一定要做好 |
[28:24] | It’s not more important than your marriage. | 不会比你的婚姻更重要吧 |
[28:28] | It is more important than my marriage | 现在是比我的婚姻更重要 |
[28:30] | Right now. | |
[28:32] | These few years while I’m doing this. | 这几年来和现在我所做的事 的确比我的婚姻重要 这不是我自己决定要做的 我们讨论很多次了 |
[28:34] | Yes, it’s more important | |
[28:36] | Than my marriage. | |
[28:37] | I didn’t decide to do this | |
[28:39] | Myself, jenny. | |
[28:40] | There were many discussions… | |
[28:42] | The fact that you can find the time… | 而你却还有时间去… |
[28:43] | I’m five votes down, jenny, and I need to win. | 我还少五票,珍妮 |
[28:47] | I met with the staff… | 我必须赢,我和幕僚讨论过 |
[28:48] | You made the time. | 你要拨出时间才行 |
[28:49] | I made the time tonight. | 我今晚就拨出了时间… |
[28:52] | You didn’t make the time tonight. | 你今晚并没有拨出时间 我雇了整个… |
[28:53] | I hired a whole… | 玛格打电话来确认 你今晚九点要跟副总统见面 |
[28:54] | Margaret phoned to confirm | 玛格打电话来确认 |
[28:56] | Your 9:00 meeting with the vice president. | 你今晚九点要跟副总统见面 |
[28:58] | I was going to slip out for 45 minutes… | 我只是想溜出去四十五分钟 里奥 |
[29:02] | Leo… | 我会马上回来的 我待不下了,真的 |
[29:03] | I was going to be right back. | 我会马上回来的 |
[29:05] | I can’t. Really. | 我待不下了,真的 |
[29:10] | I don’t suppose we could postpone this discussion. | 我们不能延后再谈这些吗 |
[29:13] | It’s just the past couple of days… | 只是这几天… |
[29:15] | I have to go now. | 我现在要走了 |
[29:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:22] | I’ll, uh… | 我会住在水门大厦 |
[29:25] | I’ll be at the watergate. | |
[29:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:29] | And I’ll… | 我会… |
[29:33] | Talk to you later. | 稍后再跟你连络 |
[29:35] | You’ll call me? | 你会打电话给我吗? |
[29:37] | Yeah. | 会 |
[29:39] | You-you want me to carry that to the cab? | 要我帮你提上计程车吗? |
[29:43] | It’s okay. | 不用了 |
[29:48] | Call me before you go to sleep. | 睡觉以前打电话给我 |
[29:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:13] | Excuse me, sir. | 对不起,先生 |
[30:15] | Leo mcgarry is here to see you. | 里奥马加瑞来了 |
[30:18] | Send him in. | 请他进来 |
[30:21] | Good evening, mr. Vice president. | 晚安,副总统 |
[30:24] | Come on in. | 请进,谢了,吉妮 谢了 |
[30:24] | Thanks, janeane. | 请进,谢了,吉妮 |
[30:26] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[30:27] | What did you need to see me about? | 你要跟我谈什么? |
[30:29] | Um, I came in to talk to you about 802. | 我是来谈八零二法案 |
[30:32] | We lost five votes. | 我们丢了五票 |
[30:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:35] | We got four of them back, but… | 我们拉回四个人 |
[30:38] | I was stupid with richardson. | 但我跟理查森没搞好 |
[30:40] | And now it’s tillinghouse. | 现在只剩下提林豪了 |
[30:42] | So I came in to talk about that… | 所以我来找你谈这事,而… |
[30:44] | Leo, you feeling okay? | 里奥,你没事吧? |
[30:47] | Sit down. | 坐下,来,坐下 |
[30:48] | Come on, sit down. | |
[30:53] | Jenny and I are splitting up. And it just happened | 珍妮刚刚跟我分居了 |
[30:56] | And I’m feeling a little, um… Janeane. | 我觉得有点… |
[30:59] | If I could just have a glass of water. | 吉妮 |
[31:01] | Jeannine, can you get me a glass of ice water, please? | 能不能给我一杯水 吉妮,请拿一杯冰水来 |
[31:06] | Leo, it’s going to be fine. | 里奥,会没事的 |
[31:09] | These things happen. | 这种事难免会有 |
[31:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[31:13] | Uh… I mean, do you want to talk about it…? | 你要谈谈这件事吗? |
[31:16] | At all? No. | 不了 |
[31:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:33] | Anyway… | 是这样的… |
[31:35] | I’ll see tillinghouse. | 我会去看提林豪 |
[31:37] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[31:38] | I’ll see him tomorrow morning. | 我明天一早去看他 |
[31:40] | You’ll deliver him? | 你会把他拉回来? |
[31:41] | It’s a done deal. | 没问题 |
[31:43] | I don’t need to tell you we need this win. | 我不需要告诉你 这一次我们非赢不可 |
[31:46] | I think we’re home. | 我想我们可以安心 |
[31:47] | Thanks, john. | 谢了,约翰 |
[31:49] | I want you to know the president And I appreciate it. | 总统跟我都很感激你 |
[31:52] | Leo… | 里奥,我可以问个问题吗? |
[31:53] | You mind if I ask you a question? What? | 什么? |
[31:59] | When was the last time you went a meeting? | 你上次是什么时候参加聚会? |
[32:01] | A.a.? | 戒酒聚会? |
[32:06] | What meeting could I possibly go to? | 我还能去什么聚会? |
[32:09] | Mine. | 我的聚会 |
[32:11] | John, tell me you are not showing your face… | 约翰,你不会公开露脸吧 |
[32:15] | Leo, I have got my own meeting. | 里奥,我有我自己的聚会 |
[32:18] | Every week, the downstairs office here at the o.e.o.b. | 每周在旧行政大楼楼下 |
[32:21] | At 11:00 p.m. There are nine of us. | 晚上十一点,一共九个人 |
[32:25] | Three senators | 三个参议员、两位部长 |
[32:26] | Two cabinet secretaries, one federal judge And two agency directors. | 一个联邦法官、两位局长 |
[32:31] | There’s an agent outside. | 门外有特勤人员 |
[32:32] | The whole thing looks like a card game. | 看起来像是玩牌局 |
[32:34] | Do I have enemies in that room? | 那房间里有我的政敌吗? |
[32:38] | All our people. | 都是我们的人 |
[32:41] | I had no idea. | 我并不知道 |
[32:43] | Neither will anyone else. You should think about it. | 别人也不知道,你该考虑一下 |
[32:47] | Now, are you driving? | 你开车吗? |
[32:49] | Uh, no, I got my guy. | 不开,我自己有司机 |
[32:50] | Good. | 很好 |
[32:54] | Have a good evening. | 晚安,珍妮的事我很遗憾 |
[32:55] | Sorry about jenny. Call me after tillinghouse? | 你跟提林豪谈过再告诉我 |
[33:00] | It’s in the bag. | 绝对跑不了 |
[33:01] | Good night, john. | |
[33:03] | Good night, leo. | 晚安,约翰 |
[33:18] | ( door opens ) | 晚安,里奥 “星期三” |
[33:19] | Hi, there. | |
[33:20] | How you doing? | 嗨 你好吗? |
[33:21] | Sarah wissinger? | 莎拉威辛格 |
[33:23] | Yes. A smoking jacket and a cigarette holder. | 对,一件抽烟服和香烟盒 |
[33:25] | Both declared items. I am clean as a whistle. | 都申报了,我很清白 |
[33:28] | You received these gifts on july third. | 你是在七月三日收到礼物的 |
[33:30] | I’m sensing trouble, but I can’t quite… | 我感觉到有麻烦了 但不太确定 |
[33:32] | You and I didn’t break up until july ninth. | 你我是在七月九日分手的 |
[33:34] | And there it was right in front of my face. | 就是这件事,我该想到的 |
[33:35] | She was giving you presents on july third? | 她在七月三日给你礼物 |
[33:36] | You knew I knew sarah. | 你知道我认识莎拉 |
[33:37] | I didn’t know | 我不知道她送礼物给你 |
[33:38] | She was giving you presents. | 我不知道她送礼物给你 |
[33:40] | They weren’t by way of saying | 那并不是像你想像的 |
[33:41] | “Thanks for sleeping with me” If that’s what you mean. | 代表『感谢你跟我上床』 |
[33:44] | Don’t talk to me. | 别跟我讲话 |
[33:47] | What’s going on? | 嗨 什么事? |
[33:48] | Hoynes is having breakfast with tillinghouse. | 何因斯正在跟提林豪吃早餐 |
[33:51] | Sarah wissin-slut gave him the jacket on july third. | 贱人莎拉威辛格 在七月三日送他夹克 |
[33:53] | I really thought | 我觉得和你分手的另一好处是 你不会再对我吼了 |
[33:54] | A nice byproduct of not going out with you anymore | 我觉得和你分手的另一好处是 |
[33:57] | Would be that you wouldn’t yell at me anymore. | 你不会再对我吼了 |
[33:59] | That was a bit unrealistic, wasn’t it? | 你这想法太不实际了吧 |
[34:00] | Josh: Where’s the president? | 总统在哪? |
[34:02] | Toby: I haven’t seen him. | 我没看到他 |
[34:02] | Leo, how’d it go? | 里奥,还顺利吧? |
[34:04] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[34:06] | Last night. | 昨晚 |
[34:07] | Oh, uh, great. | 喔,很棒 |
[34:09] | She like the choker? | 她喜欢那串项链吗? |
[34:10] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[34:11] | Josh: And the violinist? | 那个小提琴手呢? |
[34:12] | Uh, you’re right. | 你说得对,几分钟后 |
[34:14] | After a couple of minutes, it’s strange having him there | 有他在那里,觉得很怪异 |
[34:18] | But, uh, you know, um… She ate it up, so… | 但是她都接受了 |
[34:21] | Good. That’s great. | 很好 |
[34:25] | Where’s the president? | 总统在哪里? |
[34:28] | His back is pretty bad today. | 他今天背痛得很严重 |
[34:29] | He canceled the morning. | 取消早上的行程了 |
[34:30] | He’ll stay in bed and make some calls. | 他会待在床上打些电话 |
[34:32] | We should move this to my… ( door opens ) | 我们该移到我的… |
[34:36] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[34:38] | Mr. President, I thought you were staying in bed. | 总统先生 |
[34:43] | Oh, I feel fine. | 我以为你会待在床上 |
[34:45] | Maybe you should get back to the residence. | 不,我觉得很好 |
[34:49] | Hmm? | 也许你该回官邸去 |
[34:50] | I said, “Maybe you should get back to the residence.” | 我说也许你该回官邸 |
[34:56] | Maybe you should lie down. | 也许你该躺下 |
[34:57] | Absolutely no need. I’m fine. | 不需要,我很好 |
[34:59] | What’s going on here? | |
[35:01] | Nothing you need to concern yourself with, mr. President. | 这里有什么事吗? 没什么值得你操心的 总统先生 |
[35:04] | Merely a perception issue | 只是托比的财产申报 |
[35:06] | Regarding toby and the financial disclosure. | 有点认知上的问题 |
[35:08] | Well, I like | 你们都知道我喜欢卷起袖子… |
[35:09] | To roll up my sleeves | |
[35:11] | And, you know… | |
[35:15] | Get involved. | 亲自参与 |
[35:17] | C.j.: Mr. President, did you | |
[35:18] | By any chance, take your back pills? | 总统先生,你有吃药吗? |
[35:21] | I don’t mind telling you, c.j, I was in a little pain there. Leo: Which did you take, sir? | 不瞒你说,我是有点背痛 |
[35:25] | The vicadin or the percocet? | 你吃了什么药? 维克汀还是普克西? |
[35:30] | I wasn’t supposed to take them both? | 我不是该两种都吃吗? |
[35:32] | C.j.: Okay, mr. President we’re going | 好,总统先生 |
[35:34] | To have someone take you back to bed. | 我们要找人带你回床上 |
[35:35] | No, no, no. Sit, sit, sit. | 不用,坐下… |
[35:38] | One of you has got a problem I’m here to help. | 你们有问题,我要帮忙 |
[35:40] | You guys are like family. | 你们就像我的家人 |
[35:42] | You’ve always been there for me. | 你们一直在帮我 |
[35:45] | Always been loyal, honest, hardworking, good people | 是忠心、诚实而努力的好人 |
[35:50] | And I love you all very much | 我非常爱你们 |
[35:51] | And I don’t say that often enough. | 而我也不常表达出来 |
[35:53] | So, tell me what the problem is, toby. | 告诉我有什么问题,托比 |
[35:57] | I’m sam, sir. | 我是山姆 |
[35:58] | Sam. Of course, you are. | 山姆?当然你是山姆 |
[36:01] | Toby: Sir. | 先生… |
[36:02] | Sir, uh, the situation | 先生… |
[36:07] | Basically, is this: | 基本上状况是这样 |
[36:09] | I arranged for a friend to testify to commerce | 我安排一个朋友 |
[36:11] | On internet stocks while simultaneously | 在商务委员会为网路股作证 |
[36:14] | But unrelated to that, bought a technology issue | 同时在并无直接关连下 我买了一支科技股 |
[36:18] | Which, partly due to my friend’s testimony | 而由于我朋友的证词 |
[36:20] | Shot through the roof. | 那支股票涨上天了 |
[36:26] | Toby. | 托比 |
[36:29] | Toby, toby, toby. | 托比… |
[36:35] | Toby’s a nice name, don’t you think? | 托比真是个好名字,对吧 |
[36:37] | Can we do this meeting | 里奥,我们下次再谈好吗? |
[36:38] | At another time? | 不用…里奥 我知道自己的身体 |
[36:40] | No, no, no. Please, leo | 不用…里奥 我知道自己的身体 我知道我的肌肉不行 但我思路敏锐又能专心 |
[36:41] | I know my body. | |
[36:42] | I mean, you know | |
[36:44] | I know my muscles are not, you know | |
[36:45] | But my mind is sharp. | |
[36:47] | I can focus. I am focused. | |
[36:48] | You all know that about me. | 你们都知道我的特长 |
[36:51] | Here’s what I think we ought to do. | 我认为我们该这么做 |
[36:59] | Was I just saying something? | 我刚才说了什么吗? |
[37:00] | Mrs. Landingham! | 蓝丁汉太太 |
[37:02] | We need to run through some options. | 我想我们得准备几种方案 |
[37:03] | Yes, sir? Get charlie. | 什么事? |
[37:04] | Let’s start at the bottom. | 找查理来 从问题根本谈起 |
[37:05] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? 总是可以考虑辞职 |
[37:06] | There’s always resignation. | 你是什么意思? 总是可以考虑辞职 |
[37:08] | Hot damn! Now you’re talking. | 老天,这话说得好 |
[37:10] | I think she meant me, mr. President. | 我想她是指我,总统先生 |
[37:12] | Ah. Leo: Toby won’t resign. | 当然托比不必辞职 |
[37:14] | We’re making more of this than we need… | 我想我们反应过度… |
[37:15] | I got it. | 我想到了 |
[37:17] | I’ve got a lawyer from counsel’s office. | 白宫顾问室提供我一位律师 |
[37:18] | Sam: I got it. | 我想到了 什么? |
[37:20] | Counsel’s office releases a statement through c.j. | 由顾问室透过茜洁发表声明 |
[37:22] | Using the strongest possible language | 用强烈言词表明绝无违法情事 |
[37:24] | We make it very clear That there has been no wrongdoing of any kind | 对 |
[37:27] | But to avoid even the appearance of impropriety | 但为避免引起不当联想 |
[37:29] | Toby has agreed to reduce his salary For one year to one dollar and immediately | 托比愿意减薪为年薪一元 |
[37:33] | Cash out his stock issue | 而且立刻出清股票 |
[37:35] | Thereby relieving the taxpayer of the burden. | 免除纳税人的负担 |
[37:37] | Done. | 就这样了 等一下 |
[37:39] | Wait. | 就这样了 等一下 很好,山姆 谢谢 |
[37:39] | Good, sam. | 很好,山姆 谢谢 |
[37:40] | No, it’s not good. Thanks. | 不好,事实上是个馊点子 |
[37:41] | Actually, it stinks. | |
[37:43] | You’re a great writer. Do you know that? | 托比,你是个很棒的作家 你知道吗? |
[37:45] | Come here. Give me a hug. | 多谢 过来,拥抱一下 |
[37:46] | Leo… | 里奥 过来,拥抱一下 |
[37:47] | Come on. Give us a hug. | 里奥 过来,拥抱一下 |
[37:48] | There you go. | 这才对 |
[37:49] | Charlie: Excuse me, mr. President? | 抱歉,总统先生 |
[37:51] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[37:52] | Mr. President, I left you alone for two minutes. | 总统先生,我才离开你两分钟 |
[37:54] | Charlie’s a great name. | 查理是很棒的名字 |
[37:56] | Thank you. | 多谢,先生,你得回床上去 |
[37:57] | Sir, you have to go back to bed. | 多谢,先生,你得回床上去 |
[38:00] | I’m going. I’m going. | 我这就走… |
[38:03] | Before I go, please, let me just say this. | 在我走之前,让我说句话 |
[38:09] | ( sighs ) | |
[38:11] | I’m seriously thinking about getting a dog. | 我真的想养只狗 |
[38:13] | Well, feel better, mr. President. | 觉得好点吗?总统先生 |
[38:17] | Maybe an irish setter, charlie. | 也许养只爱尔兰猎犬 |
[38:20] | What do you think? | 查理,你觉得怎样 |
[38:21] | I think that’s great, sir. | 好主意,先生 |
[38:23] | So, how do you feel | 你觉得怎样?大个子 |
[38:24] | There, big guy? | 你觉得怎样?大个子 |
[38:26] | Like I just got screwed with my pants on. | 好像穿了裤子被鸡奸一样 |
[38:29] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[38:32] | Honest to goodness, john, this isn’t a political maneuver. | 说实话,约翰 这次又不是政治对决 |
[38:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:36] | I’m voting my conscience. | 我知道 我会依良心投票 我知道 |
[38:37] | I know. | 我会依良心投票 我知道 |
[38:39] | You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube. | 牙膏挤出来就收不回去了 |
[38:41] | 240 million guns out there. | 有两亿四千万只枪流通在外 |
[38:45] | How you going to get ’em back? You can’t. | 你要怎么收回来? |
[38:46] | Of course not. | 收不回来 当然不行 |
[38:48] | Well, as long as they got a gun, I want my wife to have a gun. | 只要外面有枪 |
[38:52] | I want my daughter to have a gun | 我要我太太有枪,我女儿有枪 |
[38:54] | And damn it, I want one, too. Makes perfect sense. | 而且我自己也要有枪 |
[38:58] | You might want to mention To josh lyman that congressman don’t | 十分合理 |
[39:04] | Appreciate being bullied | 你该告诉乔西赖曼 |
[39:05] | Like ill-behaved schoolchildren. | 议员不喜欢像学童似的被威吓 |
[39:07] | Yes. | 好 |
[39:09] | Katzenmoyer, o’bannon, lebrandt, this new kid | 凯兹莫、欧班农、李布朗 |
[39:12] | Christopher wick. | 跟新手克里斯威克 |
[39:13] | These are grown men with pride and dignity. | 都是有自尊的成人 |
[39:17] | They can’t be manhandled. | 他们不会随便被摆布 |
[39:19] | They’re pretty pissed, are they? | 他们都很生气吧 |
[39:20] | Behind closed doors, they’re screaming bloody murder | 他们在私下大叫被欺凌 |
[39:23] | And a-talking about political retribution. | 而且准备发动政治报复 |
[39:25] | I don’t blame ’em. | 我不怪他们 实际归实际 |
[39:27] | Reality is reality. | 我不怪他们 |
[39:31] | Yes. Which is why I’d like very much for you | 实际归实际 |
[39:34] | To do the following, cal: I want you to vote yes | 对,所以我要你这么做 |
[39:38] | On the resolution. | 我要你在这法案投赞成票 |
[39:39] | John… | 约翰? |
[39:41] | And you might want to mention this conversation | 你还得把这次会谈转述给 |
[39:44] | To representatives katzenmoyer, o’bannon, lebrandt and wick. | 凯兹莫、欧班农 李布朗和威克 |
[39:48] | Why, john, you do seize the moment, don’t you? | 约翰,你很会把握时机嘛 |
[39:54] | You got a roll call. | 你这次被点名征召了 |
[39:55] | Tell me something. | 你告诉我,这对我有什么好处 |
[39:57] | What’s in it for me? Yeah. Right now? | 目前吗? |
[40:00] | Nothing. | 对 没有 |
[40:01] | Then why am I handing you a personal political victory? | 那我为什么要送给你 个人的政治胜利 |
[40:06] | Because I’m going to be | 因为有朝一日我会当上 |
[40:08] | President of the united states one day and you’re not. | 美国总统,而你不会 |
[40:12] | Reporter: The restrictions, while not considered sweeping | 本法案限制的枪枝买卖 |
[40:15] | Do include the mini-9 and the rutger 14. | 包括迷你九型,鲁格十四型 |
[40:17] | Again, white house senior aides had hoped that this would serve | 白宫高级幕僚希望这法案 |
[40:20] | As a much-needed victory for the president | 能被视为总统急需的胜利 |
[40:23] | But it’s the vice president who seems to be receiving | 但大多数民主党议员 |
[40:26] | Most of the credit from some congressional democrats. | 却把功劳归给副总统 |
[40:28] | Newscaster 2: Democrats on the hill were quick to praise | 他们赞扬副总统何因斯 |
[40:31] | Vice president john hoynes for stepping in and securing The one-vote victory. | 及时干预,拯救了法案 |
[40:34] | Newscaster 3: …leader of the congressional black caucus | 国会黑人联盟领袖理查森 平时乐于评论,今晚却没话说 不禁令人怀疑,这是否 对他老友巴特勒的一种抗议 |
[40:36] | A man, I should add, who’s seldom at a loss for words | |
[40:38] | Had no comment tonight, none. | |
[40:40] | And you have to ask yourself, “Is this an intentional snub | |
[40:44] | To his old friend, jed bartlet?” | |
[40:46] | Unbelievable. | |
[40:47] | Sam: I don’t believe it. | 真不可思议 |
[40:49] | Mandy: We loosen the ketchup bottle | 我真不敢相信 |
[40:50] | And he pops the top off. | 我们辛苦了半天 |
[40:51] | And keeps the ketchup. | 他却捡了现成的便宜 |
[40:53] | Sorry, leo. | 还抢走所有功劳 |
[40:54] | You saw this one coming through the holland tunnel. | 抱歉,里奥 |
[40:57] | We got what we deserved. | 你也眼睁睁看着这事发生 我们得到应得的 |
[41:01] | It was hubris and we got what we deserved. | 虽然不爽,但我们得到应得的 |
[41:05] | Good night, everyone. | 晚安,各位 |
[41:07] | All: Good night. | 晚安 |
[41:13] | Listen. We won. | 听着,我们赢了 |
[41:18] | Toby: Where’s the president? | 总统在哪里? |
[41:19] | C.j. He’s asleep. | 他睡着了 |
[41:21] | Wake him. | 把他叫醒 |
[41:22] | C.j.: Toby… | 托比 |
[41:23] | Toby: Wake him now. | 现在把他叫醒 |
[41:25] | Let’s leave it till tomorrow, toby. | 明天再说,托比 |
[41:28] | Let’s leave it till tomorrow. | 明天再说 |
[41:31] | And you got to ask yourself, “Did hoynes use this…” | |
[41:35] | Sir, josh lyman is here. | 先生 |
[41:38] | He was wondering if he could see you a moment. | 乔西赖曼来了 他想跟你谈一下 |
[41:40] | Sure. | 好 |
[41:45] | Evening, mr. Vice president. | 晚安,副总统 |
[41:46] | Josh, nice victory. | 乔西,赢得好 |
[41:48] | Are you talking about the bill or are you | 你是指那法案 |
[41:50] | Talking about my smoking jacket? | 还是指我的吸烟服 |
[41:52] | I heard about that. | 我听说了,但我是指那法案 |
[41:53] | No, I was talking about the bill. | 我听说了,但我是指那法案 |
[41:54] | It’s a crappy law. | 那是很粗糙的法案 不会吧 |
[41:57] | No, it is. Naw. | 是真的,我知道 是我帮忙撰拟的 |
[41:58] | I should know. | 你干得好 |
[41:59] | You did very well. | 你干得好 |
[42:00] | I’d say it’s roughly the equivalent Of fighting the war against tobacco | 我常说那就像是以限制 |
[42:04] | By banning certain color matchbook covers. ( chuckles ) | 火柴盒颜色来对抗烟草公司 |
[42:07] | Well, these things happen slowly. | 这种事要慢慢来 |
[42:09] | I’d say you did well, sir. | 先生,你的表现很棒 |
[42:11] | In fact, you may be the only one who did. | 事实上,只有你一个人干得好 |
[42:16] | I just came by to say congratulations. | 我是来说恭喜的 |
[42:21] | Mr. Vice president. | 副总统先生 |
[42:23] | Right, janeane. | 好,吉妮,我马上去 |
[42:24] | I’m on my way. | 好,吉妮,我马上去 |
[42:28] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[42:29] | Yes, sir. | 是,先生 |
[42:31] | Welcome to the nfl. | 欢迎加入大联盟 |
[42:50] | Something I can help you with, mr. Mcgarry? | 有什么事吗?马加瑞先生 |
[42:53] | Yeah. I’m here for the card game. | 我是来参加牌局的 |
[42:59] | Thank you. | 谢了 |