时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | previously on the west wing: | |
[00:08] | Eagle’s by. | 老板刚走过去 |
[00:10] | This is the most important thing I’ll ever do. | 这是我这一生做过最重要的事 |
[00:12] | Not more important than your marriage. | 这不会比你的婚姻还重要 |
[00:14] | Yes, it’s more important than my marriage. | 是的,比我的婚姻还重要 |
[00:17] | Please believe me, I’m a nice guy, having a bad day | 请你相信,我是个好人 只是今天很衰 |
[00:20] | And it turns out I accidentally slept with a prostitute. | 我昨晚不小心跟个妓女过夜 |
[00:22] | Would you please tell me which one of those kids | 请你告诉我 哪个小孩是我老板的女儿? |
[00:24] | Is my boss’s daughter? That would be me. | 就是我 |
[00:26] | Charlie, my youngest daughter zoey is down from hanover. | 查理? 是,先生 |
[00:28] | I’m making chili tonight. | 我小女儿从汉诺威回来 我今晚要作辣肉酱 |
[00:30] | This is a girl, charlie. You don’t have to… | 这是个女孩,查理 你不必称呼她为『女士』 |
[00:32] | Zoey. | 柔伊 我该叫你柔伊? |
[00:33] | I should call you zoey? | 如果我能叫你查理的话 |
[00:34] | If I can call you charlie. | 如果我能叫你查理的话 “正义与利益” |
[00:40] | Nine, no help. | 九点,没用 |
[00:42] | Jack, no help. | J,没用 |
[00:43] | Eight, possible flush. | 八点,可凑成同花 |
[00:45] | King, possible flush. | K,可凑成同花 |
[00:46] | Ace, no help. | A,没用,六点,可凑成顺子 |
[00:48] | Six, possible straight. | |
[00:50] | Dave of love for the dealer. | �P家拿红心J,拿A的下注 |
[00:52] | Ace bets. | |
[00:52] | Mandy: Check. | 不跟 不跟 不跟 |
[00:53] | Check. | 不跟 |
[00:54] | Check. | 不跟 |
[00:55] | Leo: Check. | 不跟 |
[00:56] | Toby: Check. | 不跟 |
[01:00] | Check. | 不跟 |
[01:06] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[01:07] | There is one fruit… | 有一种水果… |
[01:08] | Toby: Oh, please. | 噢,拜托 |
[01:10] | President: There is one fruit… | 有一种水果… |
[01:11] | Mr. President, check or bet– | 总统先生,跟或不跟 |
[01:12] | Those are your choices. | 你只有这两种选择 |
[01:13] | There is one fruit… | 有一种水果… |
[01:14] | Well, you should feel free To give us a quiz on inane trivia. | 你尽管问些愚蠢的猜谜问题吧 |
[01:18] | There is one fruit whose seeds are on the outside. | 有一种水果的种子长在外面 请说出它的名字 |
[01:21] | Name it please. | 是不是金橘? |
[01:22] | Is it the kumquat? | 是不是金橘? |
[01:24] | President: No. | |
[01:25] | Toby: Check or bet, sir. | 跟或不跟,先生? |
[01:27] | President: I bet five. | 我下注五元 |
[01:29] | Call. | 摊牌 |
[01:31] | Sam: See it. | 我跟了 |
[01:32] | C.j.: Fold. | 不跟 |
[01:34] | Leo: See it. | 我跟了 |
[01:34] | Josh: Call. | 摊牌 |
[01:37] | I see it. | 我跟了…再多加五元 |
[01:38] | And I raise you five. Uh-huh. | 有麻烦了 |
[01:45] | C.j.: Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[01:47] | It’s the strawberry. | 是草莓 |
[01:48] | Ah. | 啊 对 |
[01:49] | Oh, right. | 啊 对 |
[01:50] | Thank you, sir. I just raised your bet. | 多谢,我刚提高了赌注 |
[01:53] | Yes, you did, toby, and I thought it was a bold move | 对,你提高了,托比 |
[01:55] | When you consider that leo | 我觉得你很大胆 |
[01:57] | Is holding the six you’re looking for. | 因为里奥拿了你要的六点 |
[01:59] | Do you call the raise, sir? | 你要摊牌了吗? 那得看情形 |
[02:00] | That depends. | 看什么情形? |
[02:01] | Depends on what? | 看什么情形? |
[02:02] | There are 14… | 英文文法里有十四种标点符号 |
[02:04] | Punctuation marks in standard english grammar. Can anyone name them, please? | 谁能说出来? |
[02:09] | Period. | 句点 逗点 |
[02:10] | Comma. | 冒号 分号 |
[02:11] | Colon. | 冒号 分号 |
[02:11] | Sam: Semi-colon. | 破折号 连接号 |
[02:12] | Josh: Dash. | 破折号 |
[02:13] | Hyphen. | 连接号 |
[02:15] | Apostrophe. | 所有格符号 |
[02:17] | That’s only seven. | 那只有七种,还有七种 |
[02:18] | There’s seven more. | |
[02:19] | Question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks | 问号、惊叹号、引号、中括弧 |
[02:22] | Brackets, parenthesis, braces and ellipses. C.j.: Ooh. | 小括弧、大括弧、删节号 |
[02:26] | Oh, wow. | 你要摊牌还是加注? |
[02:27] | Do you call the raise, sir? | 你要摊牌还是加注? |
[02:29] | There are three words in the english language– | 在英语中只有三个字 |
[02:32] | And three words only– that start with the letters “Dw.” | 是以DW起头的 |
[02:35] | Josh: This is a pretty good illustration | 这就是为什么我们的事情 |
[02:37] | Of why we get nothing done. | 都办不完的原因 |
[02:39] | Can anyone name them | 谁能说出这三个字? |
[02:40] | For me, please? | 三个以DW起头的字? |
[02:41] | Three words that begin with the letters “Dw”? Yes. | 对 |
[02:44] | Dwindle. Yes. | DWINDLE(减少) 对 DWARF(侏儒) 对 |
[02:45] | Dwarf. Yes. | DWARF(侏儒) 对 |
[02:47] | Dwindle… | DWINDLE跟DWARF |
[02:49] | Toby: Dwindle and dwarf. | |
[02:50] | Come on, princeton. | 加油,普林斯顿大学的已经有 |
[02:51] | We got dwindle. | 加油,普林斯顿大学的已经有 |
[02:52] | We got dwarf. | 我跟五元再加五元 |
[02:53] | I see your five and raise you five | |
[02:54] | By the way. | |
[02:56] | Dwarf… Dwindle… | |
[02:57] | Fold. Fold. | 不跟 不跟 |
[02:59] | Last card down. | 最后一张牌了 |
[03:02] | “A witches brew | 女巫的魔药、魔术咒语 |
[03:03] | “A magic spell, an enchanted Forest where…” | 一个被下魔咒的森林里… |
[03:07] | “Fairies dwell.” Dwell… Dwell! | 那字是DWELL(居住) |
[03:09] | Toby: Dwindle, dwarf and dwell. | |
[03:10] | Well, the answer’s correct | 答对了,但问一下裁判 |
[03:11] | But let’s check with our judges and… Oh, no! I’m sorry. | 抱歉,时间超过了 |
[03:15] | Time expired. | 什么?什么时间? 我定的时间 |
[03:16] | What? What time? My time. | 什么?什么时间? 我定的时间 |
[03:18] | You have your own time? | 你自己定了时间? |
[03:19] | ( all chuckling ) | |
[03:22] | I call. | 我跟了 |
[03:25] | Trip nines. | 三条九 |
[03:26] | All: Ooh… | |
[03:29] | Take your money, sir. You’d do well to report that | 钱拿去吧,你得向国税局报税 |
[03:33] | To the i.r.s., ’cause god knows, I will. ( all laughing ) | 我会申报的 |
[03:36] | I’m done. | 我玩够了,我要回家了 |
[03:38] | I’m going to head home. | |
[03:39] | Kiss jenny for me. | 替我亲吻珍妮 |
[03:40] | Yeah, I will. | 好,我会的 |
[03:41] | I’m going back to the office. | 山姆,我要回办公室 |
[03:42] | They got the commerce report Ready for me. What are you doing? | 商务报告送来了,你要干嘛? |
[03:45] | I was going to go home. Josh: I’m going back to the office. | 我要回家 |
[03:49] | They got the commerce report Ready for me. | 山姆,我要回办公室 |
[03:51] | What are you doing? | 商务报告送来了,你要干嘛? |
[03:52] | I’m going to go back | 我会跟你回你办公室 帮你了解那篇商务报告? |
[03:53] | To your office with you | 我会跟你回你办公室 |
[03:54] | Make sure you understand The commerce report. Thank you. | 帮你了解那篇商务报告? |
[03:56] | When I get through with you | 谢谢 |
[03:57] | You’ll know everything | 等我说明后,你就了解人口 |
[03:58] | There is to know about Standard data versus sampling data in the census. | 普查抽样和标准资料的不同 |
[04:02] | Charlie, I’m headed over to the residence. | 查理,我要回官邸了 |
[04:03] | You’re done for the night. | 你今晚没事了 |
[04:05] | Thank you. I’ll stay to do some paperwork. | 谢谢,我要多留一会 处理些文件 |
[04:07] | Don’t stay up too late, son. | 别搞太晚了 |
[04:08] | How’d you do? | 你的战况如何? |
[04:10] | 84 bucks. | 赢了八十四元 |
[04:11] | Most of that’s mine. | 大部分是我的钱 |
[04:13] | Ah. What’s that? | 怎么了? |
[04:17] | Excuse me, mr. President. | 抱歉,总统先生 |
[04:19] | I’m sorry, the building’s not secure. | 这栋大楼有安全顾虑 |
[04:21] | Agent: Would everyone stay in the room, please? | 请大家留在房间里 |
[04:25] | This is happening way too often. | 这种事发生得太频繁了 |
[04:26] | It’s pledge week at the fraternities. | 现在是兄弟会入会期 |
[04:28] | The kids hop the fence. | 那些孩子们会来跳围墙 |
[04:29] | Step away from the doors and windows. | 请别靠近门窗 |
[04:31] | This whole room is doors and windows. | 这房间到处是门窗 |
[04:32] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[04:33] | Josh: I’m cooperating. | 我会合作 |
[04:35] | Agent: This will be under control in just a minute. | 很快就会控制状况,总统先生 |
[04:36] | Alright. | 好 |
[04:49] | What body of water | 南美哪个湖是由汇流…? |
[04:50] | In south america is formed | |
[04:53] | By the confluence of… | |
[04:54] | Excuse me, wink martindale. | 你认为现在是玩猜谜的时候吗 |
[04:55] | Do you think this is the time… | |
[04:57] | Not quite up on your south american | 你对南美的水文地理常识 |
[04:59] | Maritime geography there, my friend? | 不够好,对吧? |
[05:01] | We’re clear. | 没事了 |
[05:02] | Saved by the bell. | 你解脱了 |
[05:03] | This is the kind of thing | 我以前的工作很少发生这种事 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 |
[05:05] | That didn’t used to happen at my old job. | 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 “白宫风云” |
[05:57] | Cathy, I need a copy of article one, section two. | 凯茜,我需要 第一条第二款的影本 |
[06:00] | Article one, section two of what? | 什么的第一条第二款? |
[06:02] | The constitution. | 宪法 |
[06:03] | Is that something I’m supposed to have at my desk? | 我桌上该有那本东西吗? |
[06:07] | Does anybody have a copy | 谁有宪法? |
[06:08] | Of the constitution? | |
[06:11] | This is discouraging. | 这真令人沮丧 |
[06:12] | Bonnie, would you get toby A copy of the constitution? | 邦妮,你帮托比拿本宪法来 |
[06:15] | Is it still in print? | 现在还有印行吗? |
[06:16] | Oh, for crying out loud! | 噢,老天啊 |
[06:18] | Try amazon.com. | 快去 到亚马逊书店网站看看 |
[06:19] | If they don’t have it | 如果那儿没有,就去打破 |
[06:21] | Then just bust into the glass display case In the capital rotunda! | 国家资料馆的展示窗 |
[06:24] | You shouldn’t yell. | 你不该用喊的 |
[06:26] | “Is it still in print?” | 我的秘书居然想知道 |
[06:27] | Is what my staff would like to know. | 宪法是不是还有印行? |
[06:30] | I’m here to see sam. | 我是来找山姆 |
[06:31] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[06:32] | It’s not a big deal. | 没什么,我只是来找他谈件事 |
[06:33] | I’m just here to see him about something. | 我才不在乎 |
[06:35] | What do I care? | 你完全不需要在乎 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[06:36] | Absolutely no reason you should. | 你完全不需要在乎 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[06:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:39] | Well, and the president’s committed | 总统一定会否决 |
[06:40] | To vetoing any commerce bill | 禁止使用两千年人口普查 |
[06:42] | That prohibits sampling data As a legitimate component of the 2000 census. | 抽样数字的各种商务法案 |
[06:46] | I’m saber-rattling, jill. | 我不是吓你,吉尔 |
[06:47] | I’m just giving a preview | 我是让你先知道托比的立场 |
[06:48] | Of what you’re going to get later with toby. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[06:50] | Yeah. I’ll see you then. | 对,待会见 |
[06:52] | Hey. | 嗨 嗨 |
[06:53] | Hey. That was all… Great | 嗨 嗨 |
[06:54] | What you just said there. | 你刚才说得很好 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[06:55] | What’d I say? | 我刚才说了什么? 不是内容 |
[06:57] | Not so much what you said | 而是你表达的方式 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 |
[06:58] | But the way you said it. | 而是你表达的方式 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 |
[06:59] | This census has to be taken seriously. | 这次人口普查马虎不得 |
[07:01] | Tell me about it. | 一点没错 |
[07:02] | You know, it’s not glamorous | 这不是了不起的大事,但… |
[07:03] | But… You know? Sure. | 当然 |
[07:06] | You need something? | 你需要什么吗? |
[07:07] | Did you get a haircut? | 你去理发了吗? |
[07:08] | No. | 没有 |
[07:09] | You look good today. | 你今天看起来很棒 |
[07:11] | Thank you. You, too. | 谢了,你也一样 |
[07:14] | New suit? | 新西装吗? |
[07:15] | No. | 不是 |
[07:16] | You look good. | 你看起来很棒 |
[07:17] | What’d you need, c.j.? | 你到底需要什么?茜洁 |
[07:18] | A tutor. | 一个老师 |
[07:20] | A tutor? | 一个老师? 对 为了什么事? |
[07:20] | Yes. | 一个老师? 对 为了什么事? |
[07:21] | What for? | 对 为了什么事? 我昨晚读了有关 人口普查的法案简报 |
[07:22] | I read my briefing book last night | 我昨晚读了有关 |
[07:23] | On the commerce bill regarding the census. | 人口普查的法案简报 |
[07:25] | There’s certain parts of it | 有些地方我不太懂 |
[07:26] | I don’t quite understand. | |
[07:27] | I can help you out. Which parts? | 我可以帮忙,那些地方不懂? |
[07:29] | Well, all of it. | 全部 |
[07:30] | All of it? Yes. | 全部? 对 |
[07:31] | You don’t understand the census? | 你不懂人口普查? |
[07:32] | I don’t understand certain nuances. | 有一些小差异不太懂 |
[07:34] | Like what? Like the census. | 比如说? 比如说人口普查 |
[07:36] | We’ve been working on this commerce bill for three weeks. | 人口普查法案我们已研讨三周 |
[07:38] | I hear you talk about the census all the time. | 我也常听你谈到人口普查 |
[07:39] | Yeah… Yeah. | 对,对 |
[07:42] | I don’t understand. How can you…? | 我不懂,你怎么能谈… |
[07:44] | I’ve been faking it. | 我是不懂装懂 |
[07:45] | You’ve been faking it? | 你是不懂装懂? |
[07:47] | I’ve been playing it fast and loose– | 我承认是有点不负责任 |
[07:48] | No doubt about it– but sitting in on | 可是经过几次会议 |
[07:49] | The meetings and reading the briefing book last night | 再加上昨晚阅读简报后 |
[07:51] | I have to say the census is starting | 我开始觉得人口普查法案 |
[07:53] | To sound to me like it’s… Well, important. | 似乎是蛮重要的 |
[07:56] | Uh-huh. | 是吗? |
[07:57] | And I’ve come to the realization that If I’m going to be talking | 我发觉既然本周要谈这件事 |
[08:00] | About it all week, it’s probably best That I understand what I’m saying. | 最好先搞懂要谈的事 |
[08:03] | When? When what? | 什么时候? 什么时候干嘛? |
[08:05] | When did you come to this realization? | 你是什么时候才发觉的? |
[08:07] | About an hour ago. | 一小时前 |
[08:10] | Okay. Let’s… I’ll tell you what. Let’s forget about the fact | 好,我们忘掉你后知后觉 |
[08:13] | That you’re coming a little late to the party And embrace the idea that you showed up at all. | 重要的是你终于觉悟了 |
[08:16] | That’s what I say. | 我也是这么想 |
[08:17] | We’ll start at lunch. Thank you. | 我们从午餐时开始 谢了 |
[08:20] | You’ve been faking it? Yes. | 你一直在不懂装懂? |
[08:21] | With the president? | 对 |
[08:22] | I know. I should probably not do that. | 在总统面前? 我知道我不该那么做 |
[08:23] | You think? I’ll see you at lunch. | 你真的那么想? 午餐时再见 |
[08:26] | Hi. | 嗨 嗨 |
[08:27] | Hey. | 我能问个问题吗? 什么事? |
[08:28] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问个问题吗? 什么事? |
[08:29] | About what? The budget surplus. | 有关预算结余 问吧 |
[08:30] | Go ahead. There’s a $30 billion budget surplus. | 今年有三百亿的预算剩余 |
[08:32] | It’ll actually shake down to about $32 billion. | 可能会有320亿的预算结余 |
[08:34] | Whatever. | 不管多少啦 你知道他们怎么说吗? |
[08:35] | You know what they say? What do they say? | 怎么说? |
[08:37] | A billion dollars here, a billion dollars there. | 怎么说? |
[08:38] | Sooner or later, it starts to add up to real money. | 这里剩十亿,那里剩十亿 很快就可省下一大笔钱 |
[08:40] | That’s a nifty saying, josh. | 这是很俏皮的说法 |
[08:42] | I didn’t coin it or anything. | 这不是我发明的说法 |
[08:43] | We have a $32 billion budget surplus | 这是卅年来我国 |
[08:45] | For the first time in three decades. Yes. | 第一次有320亿预算剩余 |
[08:46] | The republicans in congress | 对 |
[08:48] | Want to use this money for tax relief? Yes. | 共和党议员想利用这笔钱 来让大家减税,对吧 |
[08:50] | Essentially, they want to give back the money. Yes. | 对 基本上,他们想把钱还给大家 对 |
[08:52] | Why don’t we want to give back the money? | 我们为什么不把钱还给大家 |
[08:54] | ’cause we’re democrats. | 因为我们是民主党员 |
[08:55] | It’s not the government’s money. | 但那不是政府的钱 |
[08:56] | Sure it is. It’s in our bank account. | 当然是,钱正存在政府帐户里 |
[08:58] | Only ’cause we collected more money than we needed. | 那是因为我们征收的钱 比需要的多 |
[08:59] | Isn’t it great? | 那不是很好吗? |
[09:00] | I want my money back. Sorry. | 那不是很好吗? 我要拿回我的钱 抱歉 |
[09:02] | We’re not done with this. | 我们这事还没完呢 我可不这么想 |
[09:03] | I didn’t think so. | 一千两百万用来设立 阿帕拉契交通研究所 |
[09:04] | Leo: $12 million to establish | 一千两百万用来设立 |
[09:06] | An appalachian transportation institute. | 阿帕拉契交通研究所 |
[09:09] | $1.5 million | 一百五十万用来研究 |
[09:11] | To study parking facilities at commercial truck stops. | 卡车休息站设施 |
[09:14] | $3 million to produce a documentary | 三百万拍摄公路设施纪录片 |
[09:17] | On highway infrastructure. | |
[09:19] | These are just some of today’s additions | 这些是今天增加的预算案 |
[09:21] | To the appropriations bill And that’s just in the area of transportation. | 那还只是交通的部分 |
[09:25] | $2 million for a volcano monitor in alaska | 两百万在阿拉斯加设立 |
[09:27] | To warn passing airplanes about ash. | 火山观测站以警告过往飞机 |
[09:30] | By the way, the f.a.a. Doesn’t know what that is. | 但联邦航空管理局却不知道 它的作用 |
[09:32] | $550,000 for new york state | 五十五万拨给纽约州 |
[09:34] | To restore the home of susan b. Anthony. | 重建苏珊安东尼的故居 |
[09:37] | While we’re at it, the tile in my shower could use regrouting. | 说到这个 我的浴室瓷砖该重铺了 |
[09:39] | Somebody please remind me what’s in this for us? | 谁能告诉我 我们能换到什么好处? |
[09:42] | Power zones, u.s. Rail and federal funding | 电力区、铁路以及 |
[09:44] | For 100,000 new public school teachers. | 支持十万名新教员的补助款 |
[09:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:48] | How’s this working? | 那要怎么运作? |
[09:49] | We have a meeting with gladman and skinner. | 我们要跟葛雷曼、史奇诺会面 |
[09:51] | They represent two of the three swing votes | 他们代表商务委员会里 |
[09:53] | On the commerce committee. | 三票关键票中的二票 |
[09:54] | Swing votes in terms of the census. | 在人口普查法案中的关键票? |
[09:56] | Yes, and if they agree to drop the sampling prohibition | 对,如果他们同意抽样法 |
[09:58] | The appropriations bill could pass without a problem. | 拨款案就让它安全过关 |
[10:01] | Who’s the third? | 谁是那关键第三票? |
[10:01] | The third? | 第三票? |
[10:03] | You said three swing votes: Gladman, skinner… | 你说有关键的三票 包括葛雷曼和史奇诺 |
[10:06] | Janice willis’s husband. | 和珍妮丝威利的丈夫 |
[10:07] | Right. | 对 |
[10:08] | Presumably, he’ll do what he’s told. | 他很可能照指示去投票 |
[10:09] | We’re fine. You sure? | 我们会过关的 确定吗? |
[10:11] | Tomorrow’s the start of a three-day weekend. | 明天开始是三天的长假 |
[10:13] | 435 congressman want to make their flights home in the morning. | 435位议员都想 在早上搭机赶回家去 |
[10:16] | You think that’ll do it? | 你认为那样就能搞定? |
[10:17] | Oh, I know that’ll do it. | 我知道那样就能搞定 |
[10:19] | What time’s the meeting? | 会谈是在几点? |
[10:20] | 11:00. | 十一点 |
[10:22] | Just don’t do anything to screw up | 别搞砸了 |
[10:25] | Or in any way embarrass me, okay? | 也别做让我出糗的事 |
[10:27] | Leo. Knute rockne. | 里奥,有时我也会认错 |
[10:28] | Sometimes, I get them mixed up. | 诺特洛克尼 |
[10:30] | Go. | 去吧 |
[10:32] | Butterfield: if they hop the fence They’re going to jail. | 如果他们跳过围墙就得坐牢 |
[10:34] | What they do once we get to them Is what’s going to determine for how long. | 他们所做的事决定刑期长短 |
[10:38] | What tripped the alarm? | 是什么引发警铃的? |
[10:40] | There are alarms in the ground here | 在地面上都有警铃线 |
[10:42] | Here, here, here Here, here and here. | 包括这里、这里、那里 |
[10:45] | She tripped it here. | 她是引发这里的警铃 |
[10:45] | She? | 她是引发这里的警铃 |
[10:46] | Yes, sir. | 她? 是的,先生 |
[10:48] | It wasn’t a fraternity stunt? | 不是兄弟会在耍宝? |
[10:49] | No, sir. | 不是,是个四十多岁的 |
[10:50] | It was a mentally unbalanced woman in her 40s. | 精神失常的女人 |
[10:53] | Well, you know, just trying to kill me isn’t necessarily | 并不是说想杀死我 |
[10:56] | Evidence of being mentally unbalanced. | 就证明她是精神失常 |
[10:58] | Sir, it appears from her statement | 由她的自白看来 |
[11:00] | You weren’t the target. | 你并不是她的目标 |
[11:02] | I wasn’t? | 我不是? |
[11:03] | No, sir. | 不是 |
[11:04] | Who was? | 那是谁? |
[11:05] | Your daughter. | 你女儿 |
[11:07] | Zoey? | 柔伊? |
[11:08] | Yes, sir. | 对 |
[11:10] | President: Leo. | 里奥 早,总统先生 |
[11:11] | Good morning, mr. President. | 你认识隆巴特飞 当然 |
[11:12] | You know ron butterfield. | 你认识隆巴特飞 当然 |
[11:13] | He says it was a woman. | 他说那是个女人 我们昨晚谈过了 |
[11:14] | We spoke last night. | 他说那是个女人 我们昨晚谈过了 |
[11:16] | We’re still reviewing the frame-by-frame. | 我们还在逐步清查 |
[11:17] | I’ll get a report first thing? Yes, sir. | 我要尽早拿到报告 |
[11:19] | Mr. President, if I could excuse myself to the outer office | 好,总统先生,容我告退 |
[11:22] | I could make a call and see… | 我可以去隔壁办公室 打电话查查 |
[11:23] | Of course. Help yourself. | 你请便 |
[11:24] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[11:28] | This woman was after zoey? | 那女人的目标是柔伊? |
[11:29] | There were eight security checks | 在那女人和柔伊的卧房之间 |
[11:31] | Between where the woman was and zoey’s bedroom. | 有八道安全哨 |
[11:36] | There’s no need for zoey to know about this, right? | 不需要让柔伊知道这事吧? |
[11:38] | No. | 不需要 |
[11:40] | What do you need? | 你要什么? |
[11:41] | This may be the wrong time, mr. President | 现在可能不是好时机 |
[11:44] | But I wanted to speak to you about… | 但我想跟你谈谈 |
[11:45] | As the game was breaking up last night | 昨晚结束牌局时 |
[11:48] | You mentioned I should say hello To jenny… | 你叫我代向珍妮问好… |
[11:50] | Hang on a second. What do you got, ron? | 等一下,有什么发现?隆 |
[11:51] | You’ll be happy to know | 你会很高兴知道 |
[11:53] | Our security system worked exactly the way It’s supposed to work. | 我们的安全系统完全正常 |
[11:56] | I guess that’s something. | 我想那是好消息 对 |
[11:57] | Yes, sir. | 你会送来完整报告吧 |
[11:58] | You’ll send the full report? | 再两小时就好了 |
[12:00] | About two hours. You were saying? | 你刚才说到哪里? |
[12:01] | It can wait. | 那事可以等 |
[12:02] | You sure? Yeah. | 你确定吗? |
[12:03] | Good seeing you, ron. | 对,很高兴见到你,隆 |
[12:05] | I’ll see you in an hour, sir. | 保重 我一小时后再来看你 |
[12:06] | Alright. Thanks. | 好,谢了 |
[12:08] | I guess we’re done, too. | 我想我们的事也办完了 |
[12:10] | I wouldn’t lose a lot of sleep over it, sir. | 不要为此事夜不成眠 |
[12:13] | No, no. | 不会的 |
[12:15] | Good seeing you, mr. President. | 再见,总统先生 |
[12:16] | You, too. | 再见 |
[12:18] | Ron? | 隆 |
[12:20] | Yes, sir. | 什么事? |
[12:22] | Did she have a gun? | 她有带枪吗? |
[12:24] | Yes, sir. | 有 |
[12:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:28] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[12:35] | ( sighs ) | |
[12:45] | Man: Josh, good to see you. | 乔西,很高兴见到你 |
[12:47] | Josh: Congressman. | 众议员 |
[12:48] | Mandy, if I’d known you were going to be here | 早 早 |
[12:50] | I would’ve have brought my sword and shield. | ��蒂,如果我知道你会来 我就会带剑和盾牌来了 |
[12:52] | Champagne and flowers would’ve done the trick. | 只要带香槟跟花就成了 |
[12:55] | Have you met joe willis? | 你们见过威利吧 没有,没见过 |
[12:56] | Josh: No, we haven’t. | 你们见过威利吧 没有,没见过 |
[12:57] | My wife was janice willis. | 我太太是珍妮丝 |
[12:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:01] | She passed away last month. | 她上个月过世 |
[13:02] | So, I’ve taken over her seat in congress. | 由我接替她的国会席位 |
[13:04] | Yes, sir, we know and we’re sorry for your loss. | 是,我们知道,请节哀顺变 |
[13:07] | The white house sent flowers and the president wrote | 白宫送了花,总统也写了悼文 |
[13:09] | A very beautiful note. I wonder if you could pass along my thanks. | 请代我致谢意 |
[13:13] | We sure will, congressman. | 我们会的,众议员 |
[13:14] | Ah, please, no– I’m not a congressman. | 拜托,我不是众议员 |
[13:17] | I teach eighth-grade social studies | 我是教八年级的社会学教师 |
[13:19] | And this is only temporary until… | 这只是暂时性的 |
[13:21] | Morning. | 早,你们都有水果跟培果了 |
[13:22] | Everyone got fruit? Everyone got bagels? Good, good. | 很好 |
[13:25] | Christopher… | 克利斯,安东尼 |
[13:26] | Anthony, would you mind putting my copy Of the appropriations bill on the table, please? | 请把拨款案放在桌上 |
[13:33] | Thank you, christopher… | 谢了,克利斯 |
[13:36] | Thank you, anthony… | 谢了,安东尼 |
[13:38] | And thank you, cathy. | 谢了,凯茜,各位请坐 |
[13:39] | Why don’t we take our seats? Congressman skinner, welcome. | 史奇诺议员,欢迎 |
[13:42] | Congressman gladman | 葛雷曼议员,很高兴见到你 |
[13:44] | Always good to have you here, sir. | |
[13:46] | Congressman willis, I was a great fan | 威利议员,我对过世的尊夫人 向来很钦佩 |
[13:48] | Of your late wife. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:50] | this represents the latest draft | 这是众议院最新的拨款草案 |
[13:52] | Of the house appropriations bill. | |
[13:54] | It is 7,000 pages long | 长达七千页,重五十五磅 |
[13:57] | And weighs over 55 pounds. | |
[14:00] | It includes $1.2 million | 里面包括给加州沙林那市 |
[14:01] | For a lettuce geneticist in salinas, california | 生菜培育师的一百二十万 |
[14:04] | And $1.7 million for manure handling | 给密州史塔维尔市 |
[14:08] | In starkville, mississippi. | 处理堆肥的一百七十万 |
[14:09] | Toby, you know that’s what happens. | 托比,你知道这是怎么回事? |
[14:11] | Eight states will divide $5 million | 八个州分享研究木材的五百万 |
[14:13] | To research the uses of… Wood. | |
[14:16] | Yeah, we, uh, we-we saw that one. | 对,我们看到那笔预算了 |
[14:18] | I’m thinking of some uses for it now. | 我还在考虑其他的用途 |
[14:19] | I thought we were here to talk about the census. | 我以为是来谈人口普查的 |
[14:21] | We are. The white house just wanted to point out | 是的,白宫只想藉机指出 |
[14:25] | That you are criminals and despots. Thank you… | 你们是罪犯和暴君 |
[14:28] | No problem. But that won’t stop the president | 谢谢 不客气 |
[14:30] | From signing the bill into law? | 但是总统还是会 签署拨款案吧? |
[14:31] | Josh: No, sadly, it won’t. | 很不幸,他还是会签署 如果他会拒绝签署 |
[14:33] | What will stop the president | 很不幸,他还是会签署 |
[14:34] | From signing the bill is | 如果他会拒绝签署 |
[14:35] | The amendment your committee is offering on the census. | 是因为贵委员会附署的 人口普查修正案 |
[14:39] | The three of you represent | 你们代表商务委员会 |
[14:40] | The swing vote on the commerce committee. | 的关键三票 |
[14:42] | You drop the census amendment | 你们放弃人口普查修正案 |
[14:43] | And the appropriations bill goes through without a hitch. | 预算法案就可以过关 |
[14:46] | Insist on the law prohibiting sampling | 如果你们坚持不准用抽样法 |
[14:48] | And you can count on a long floor fight | 那就准备长期抗战 |
[14:50] | Followed by an almost certain veto. | 而且总统一定会否决 |
[14:52] | Toby: I would like to emphasize | 我要强调长期抗战 |
[14:54] | The “Long floor fight” Of it all | |
[14:55] | And remind you that I have absolutely no conscience | 并提醒各位一个 |
[14:58] | When it comes to exploiting your nonrefundable | 对我方有利的事实 |
[15:00] | Airline tickets | 就是你们度周末的机票 |
[15:01] | For the weekend. | 是不能退费的 |
[15:03] | With that in mind… | 请记住那一点… 抱歉 |
[15:04] | Uh, excuse me… | 请记住那一点… 抱歉 |
[15:06] | Yes, sir. | 什么事? 我不会出城 |
[15:07] | I’m not leaving town. | 什么事? |
[15:09] | I’m sorry? | 我不会出城 |
[15:11] | I’m not leaving town this weekend. | 什么? |
[15:12] | I was going to stay | 这个周末我不出城 |
[15:13] | And see some of janice’s friends. | 我要留下来拜访珍妮丝的朋友 |
[15:16] | So, there’s no need to rush | 别因为我而赶时间 |
[15:18] | On my account. You can take as much time as you like. | 你尽管慢慢来 |
[15:27] | Good… Then… | 很好,我们来谈吧 |
[15:29] | ( clears throat ) | |
[15:30] | Let’s talk. | |
[15:34] | C.j.: and you’re going to go slowly, right? | 你会慢慢地解释,对吧 对 |
[15:35] | Yes. | 你会慢慢地解释,对吧 对 |
[15:36] | Pretend, for the purposes of this conversation That I’m dumb. | 你尽可假设我很笨 |
[15:39] | Let me try and conjure an image Of you as a stupid person. | 我会试着把你想像成笨蛋 |
[15:41] | Cracking wise? | 你在开我玩笑 |
[15:42] | I’m coming to you exposed and vulnerable. | 我自曝其短地来求你 |
[15:44] | Your office– I’m coming to you. | 这是你的办公室,是我来找你 |
[15:45] | I meant symbolically. | 我是在打比方 |
[15:46] | Ah. | |
[15:47] | I’m a person saying | 我来向你说 |
[15:48] | “There’s something I do not know. Will you teach me?” | 这事我不懂,请教我 |
[15:51] | It’s hard to admit you don’t know something. | 要承认自己不懂很难 |
[15:53] | That makes me submissive. | 那使我变得很卑下 |
[15:55] | What is it exactly you’re asking me to do? | 你到底要我做什么? |
[15:58] | I’m admitting to you that… There are things I do not know. | 我向你承认有些事我不懂 |
[16:01] | And I’m telling you I don’t think anybody | 我告诉你,大家不会不了解 |
[16:03] | Would have any trouble imagining that there are things You do not know. | 有些事你不懂 |
[16:07] | Explain it to me. | 请解释给我听 |
[16:09] | The constitution mandates | 宪法规定每十年要普查人口 |
[16:10] | That every ten years we count everybody. | 为什么? |
[16:12] | Why? Because representation At the various levels of the government– | 因为各级政府,包括联邦,州 |
[16:15] | Federal, state and municipal– Is based on population. | 和市的代表性都要依据人口数 |
[16:18] | The only way to find out | 加州该有几位议员 |
[16:19] | How many congressmen california gets is To count the people in california. | 就得先数加州有多少人口 |
[16:23] | If the briefing book had been written that clearly | 明白吗? |
[16:26] | I would’ve easily understood. | 如果简报也写得那么清楚 我就能一目了然 |
[16:27] | We’re not through yet. | 我还没说完 |
[16:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:31] | The decennial census has always been done | 每十年一次的普查 |
[16:33] | By a door-to-door head count. | 是挨家挨户计人头 |
[16:34] | Some 950,000 professionals are hired. | 共雇用九十五万个专家 |
[16:37] | The process costs Approximately $6.9 billion. | 花费大约六十九亿元 |
[16:41] | The process is also very inaccurate. Tends to be significantly disadvantageous | 普查也不够精确,尤其对城市 |
[16:45] | To inner-city populations, recent immigrant populations And, of course, the homeless. | 新移民和游民不公平 |
[16:51] | You are a very good teacher, sam. | 你是个好老师,山姆 |
[16:53] | I want you to know that in this… | 我要你知道在… |
[16:54] | Your time of vulnerability? | 在你很脆弱的时刻 对,我很感激 |
[16:55] | Yes. | 在你很脆弱的时刻 |
[16:56] | I appreciate it. | 对,我很感激 |
[16:58] | We’re not done yet. | 我还没说完 好 |
[16:58] | Okay. | 我还没说完 |
[17:04] | Oh, hey, baby. | 好 |
[17:06] | Hi, daddy. | 嗨,宝贝 |
[17:07] | Mmm… Mmm… | 嗨,爹地 |
[17:09] | Can you stay long? | 你能多待会吗? |
[17:11] | No, I just wanted to bring you some stuff from home. | 你能多待会吗? 不行,我是替你 从家中带些东西来 |
[17:13] | Oh, you didn’t have to do that. | 你不需要这么做 |
[17:14] | Well, I wanted you to have some stuff that you like. | 我要你能用到你喜欢的东西 |
[17:17] | I’m really fine, mal. | 我没事的 |
[17:19] | You’re okay at the hotel? | 你住旅馆还好吧 |
[17:20] | I wanted mom to have the house. | 我希望你妈能住在那房子里 |
[17:22] | But you’re going to look for a place, right? | 你要再找个地方吧 |
[17:24] | I can help you out on the weekends. | 我可以在周末帮你找 |
[17:26] | Mallory, this thing with your mother and me, it’ll blow over. | 我跟你妈的事很快就会平息 |
[17:30] | No, it won’t, dad. | 不会,爹地,你应该了解吧 |
[17:32] | You understand that, right? | |
[17:37] | This is not amortized over the life of the budget. | 预算是不能分期偿还的 |
[17:39] | This is a one-time experiment. | 这是一次性的实验 |
[17:41] | This is a purely partisan issue, mandy. | 这纯粹是政党议题,��蒂 |
[17:43] | The democrats want back the house. | 民主党想赢回众议院 |
[17:45] | I won’t deny there’s something for us to gain. | 我不否认这对我们是有好处 |
[17:47] | No, no, no, it’s like you-you lost the battle… | 不,这就像你输了场战役 现在却要重划战线 |
[17:50] | Did he say what it was about? | 他有说是什么事吗? |
[17:52] | No. What’s wrong with me getting my money back? | 没有,我要拿回我的钱 有什么不对? |
[17:55] | You won’t spend it right. | 你会拿去乱花 你是什么意思? |
[17:56] | What do you mean? | 你会拿去乱花 你是什么意思? |
[17:58] | Let’s say your cut of the surplus is $700. | 假如预算剩余中有你的七百元 |
[18:00] | I want to take your money Combine it with everybody else’s money | 再加上别人的钱 |
[18:03] | And use it to pay down the debt | 我就可以减少债务 |
[18:04] | And further endow social security. | 并增加社会福利经费 |
[18:06] | What do you want to do with it? | 而你会怎么用你的钱? 去买一部DVD放映机 |
[18:07] | Buy a dvd player. | 而你会怎么用你的钱? 去买一部DVD放映机 |
[18:08] | See? | 你看吧 |
[18:09] | But my $700 is helping employ the people | 你看吧 |
[18:11] | Who manufacture and sell dvd players | 我的七百元会帮助 制造和销售DVD放映机的人 |
[18:13] | Not to mention the people who manufacture and sell dvds. | 还有制造和销售DVD的人 |
[18:15] | It’s the natural evolution of a market economy. | 这是市场经济的自然法则 |
[18:18] | The problem is the dvd player you buy | 问题是你买的DVD放映机 |
[18:20] | Might be made in japan. | 也许是日本制的 |
[18:21] | I’ll buy an american one. | 我会买美国制的 |
[18:22] | We don’t trust you. | 我们不信任你 |
[18:23] | Why not? | 为什么? 因为我们是民主党 |
[18:24] | We’re democrats. | 为什么? 因为我们是民主党 我要拿回我的钱 那你就不该投我们的票 |
[18:24] | I want my money. | 我要拿回我的钱 |
[18:26] | You shouldn’t have voted for us. Hey, charlie. | 那你就不该投我们的票 |
[18:28] | What’s up, josh? | 查理 什么事?乔西 |
[18:29] | Mrs. Landingham, I got a message he needed to see me. | 蓝丁汉太太,他留话说要见我 |
[18:31] | Sure. Go on in. | 好,请进 |
[18:34] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:36] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:39] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[18:45] | I’m on a conference call with the postmaster general. | 我和邮政总局长在电话会议 |
[18:48] | What’s it about? | 谈什么事? |
[18:49] | I honestly couldn’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[18:50] | Ah. Look, I want you | 我要你帮个忙 当然 |
[18:51] | To do me a favor. Of course. | 我要你帮个忙 当然 |
[18:53] | Take charlie out for a beer tonight. | 今晚带查理去喝啤酒 |
[18:55] | Take him for a beer? | 带他去喝啤酒? |
[18:56] | Yeah. The kid has no life. | 对,那小伙子没有私生活 |
[18:57] | You’re the only guy around here he knows at all. | 这里只有他跟你较熟 |
[18:59] | Take him out for a couple of beers, you guys come back | 带他去喝啤酒,回来后 |
[19:01] | We’ll all watch the vote in leo’s office. | 一起在里奥办公室看投票 |
[19:03] | Sure. | 好 好,谢了,等我给你点现金 |
[19:04] | Good. Thanks. I’ll give you cash. | 好 好,谢了,等我给你点现金 |
[19:06] | No, sir, I don’t need… | 不用,我不需要钱 别傻了 |
[19:07] | Don’t be silly. | 我有钱,总统先生,我很好 |
[19:08] | I have money, mr. President. | 我有钱,总统先生,我很好 |
[19:09] | You sure? Yes, sir. | 你确定吗? 是的 |
[19:10] | Truth be known, I don’t have any cash on me. | 说实话,我身上也没现金 |
[19:12] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[19:13] | I don’t carry any cash anymore. | 我不再带任何现金 |
[19:14] | I don’t carry keys, either. | 也不再带钥匙了 |
[19:16] | I wouldn’t think you’d need them. | 我想你也不需要 |
[19:18] | How’s it going in there? | 你们那儿进行得还好吧 |
[19:20] | We’ll see. | 再说了 |
[19:21] | I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[19:22] | Yes, sir. | 好 |
[19:25] | President: Yes? | 是的 |
[19:28] | Charlie… | 查理 什么? |
[19:29] | Yes? You got plans tonight? | 你今晚有什么计划? 没有 |
[19:30] | No. You don’t have to sit with your sister? | 你不用去看顾你妹妹? |
[19:32] | Sleepover at her girlfriend’s. | 她要到朋友家过夜 |
[19:33] | What do you want me to do? | 你要我做什么事? |
[19:35] | Have a beer with me. What do you mean? | 跟我喝几杯啤酒吧 你这话什么意思? |
[19:36] | Tonight, we’ll go to a bar in georgetown. | 今晚我们去乔治城的酒吧 |
[19:38] | We’ll… Speak as men do. | 像男人一样聊天 |
[19:39] | We will? Yeah. | 我们会吗? 对 |
[19:41] | Um… What kind of bar is this, josh? | 什么样的酒吧?乔西 |
[19:44] | No. | |
[19:45] | It’s fine. | 别紧张,很单纯的 |
[19:46] | Okay. | |
[19:47] | Great. | 好 好极了 |
[19:48] | Josh, aren’t you a little old | 乔西,你去调戏大学生 |
[19:50] | To be leering at college coeds? | 是不是太老了点 |
[19:51] | I’m a fulbright scholar, mrs. Landingham. | 我是傅布莱特学者 |
[19:53] | I don’t leer. | 蓝丁汉太太,我不会调戏别人 |
[19:54] | Also, there’ll be plenty of grad students there. | 而且那里有很多研究生 |
[19:56] | Oh, well, good, then. | 那就没关系 |
[19:57] | So, I’ll come get you. | 我会来接你 |
[19:58] | Charlie: Okay. Great. | 好 太棒了 |
[20:00] | Josh… | 乔西 |
[20:01] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[20:02] | Hey. | 嗨 带我们一起去 去那里? |
[20:03] | Take us with you. | 带我们一起去 去那里? |
[20:04] | Where? Out tonight. | 今晚出去 你跟查理的计划 |
[20:05] | Your plans with charlie. | 今晚出去 你跟查理的计划 |
[20:06] | How do you know we’re going out? | 你们怎么知道我要跟查理出去 |
[20:07] | My dad just told us. | 我爸刚才告诉我的 |
[20:08] | He said you should take us with you. | 他说你该带我们一起去 |
[20:10] | The man is like a camp counselor. | 那�砘锘钕袷窍牧钣�教官 |
[20:11] | Oh, take us with you, josh. | 带我们一起去,乔西 |
[20:13] | Take us with you. No. | 不行 |
[20:14] | These are plans among men. | 为什么? 这是男人间的活动 |
[20:16] | We don’t care if you flirt with the coeds. | 我们才不管你跟大学生调情 |
[20:18] | Okay, there’s going to be grad students there. | 请你们别忘了 |
[20:20] | Can we keep that in mind? | 那里有很多研究生 |
[20:21] | It sounded, uh, kind of like an order, josh. | 听起来像是道命令似的 |
[20:24] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:25] | Bring sam seaborn. | 带山姆希朋一起去 |
[20:26] | Sam’s got enough going on in his life right now | 山姆的生活问题够多了 |
[20:28] | Without you making a booty call. | 你别想去钓他 |
[20:29] | I am not making a booty call. | 我不是想去钓他 |
[20:31] | We had an interesting conversation that got interrupted | 我们聊到一半被打断了 |
[20:33] | And I’d like to finish it with him. | 我想继续跟他聊完天 |
[20:35] | Whatever. | 随你便 |
[20:36] | This is going to be fun. | 这下一定很有趣 |
[20:39] | The president’s daughter | 总统女儿、幕僚长女儿 |
[20:40] | And the chief of staff’s daughter A georgetown bar and sam– | 乔治城酒吧跟山姆 |
[20:44] | What could possibly go wrong? | 怎么会不出差错呢? |
[20:52] | Head counts have proven staggeringly inaccurate. | 直接数人头会有什么问题 数人头是很不准确的方式 |
[20:53] | Why? | 为什么? |
[20:54] | How are you going to count the homeless? | 为什么? |
[20:56] | There’s a large population of people who don’t speak english | 你要怎么计算那些游民? 还有一大群不会说英语的人 |
[20:59] | And plenty of people, particularly in the inner city | 还有很多住在市区的人 |
[21:01] | Don’t want to answer questions When you knock on their door. | 当你敲门时,根本不应门 |
[21:04] | Plus, it’s always been hard. | 再加上执行又很困难 |
[21:05] | Sampling, the statisticians have told us | 抽样方式已经证明是 |
[21:07] | Is a much more effective way of getting a good census. | 获得人口资料的有效方法 |
[21:10] | And what’s the legal argument? | 法律上有什么争议吗? |
[21:11] | The legal argument is it’s unconstitutional. | 法律上的争议是 |
[21:14] | The legal argument is it’s against the law. | 那么做是违宪、违法的 |
[21:16] | But if sampling’s really against the law | 如果抽样法真是违法 |
[21:17] | Why would congress be trying to pass legislation saying Sampling’s against the law? | 为什么国会要立法说那是违法 |
[21:22] | See how good it feels | 你能理解自己在说什么 感觉是不是很棒? |
[21:23] | To understand what you’re talking about? | 你可不可以别用这种 高高在上的口气对我说教? |
[21:25] | See how I can do it without being patronizing? | 你可不可以别用这种 高高在上的口气对我说教? |
[21:26] | What happened to, “You | 你夸我『今天很英俊』的态度 哪里去了? |
[21:27] | “Look good today”? I got over it. | 我已经不需要了 |
[21:29] | Josh: Sam. Yeah. | 山姆 什么事? |
[21:30] | I’m taking charlie for a beer tonight. | 投票前我要带查理去喝啤酒 |
[21:32] | Zoey and mallory are coming. | 柔伊和玛勒里也会去 |
[21:33] | Sounds good. I like beer. | 听起来很不错 |
[21:36] | If you want to come, I guess that’d be okay. | 我喜欢喝啤酒 你要来也可以 |
[21:38] | Why, josh, you’ve… You’ve swept me off my feet. | 乔西,你真让我受宠若惊 |
[21:41] | Whatever. I’ll see you later. | 随你说,待会儿见 |
[21:43] | In the last census, 8 million people | 在上次的人口普查 |
[21:45] | Mostly black, weren’t counted | 有八百万黑人没被清查 |
[21:47] | And in the same census, four million people | 而有四百万白人被数了两次 |
[21:50] | Mostly white, were counted twice. | |
[21:51] | Toby: Sampling will give a count That bears a much greater relationship to reality | 抽样法可以更接近事实 |
[21:55] | And it’ll do it to the tune of $4 billion less Than a door-to-door head count. | 而且比挨户计算省四十亿 |
[21:59] | Sampling will cost $2.7 billion | 抽样法要花27亿元 |
[22:01] | And an inaccurate head count Will cost 6.9. | 不正确的挨户计数要花69亿 |
[22:04] | Every single expert Including the census bureau itself | 每个专家包括无党派立场的 |
[22:07] | Which is a bipartisan commission Has said… Sampling is better. | 统计局在内都支持抽样法 |
[22:11] | We’ve heard these arguments many times | 这种说法我们听过很多次了 |
[22:13] | But in this country we have a constitution. | 但别忘了还有宪法存在 |
[22:16] | We are aware of that. | 我们知道 |
[22:18] | Skinner: The constitution is very clear on this. | 宪法上规定得很清楚 |
[22:19] | I don’t think it is. | 我不同意 |
[22:21] | Until the court rules that sampling is constitutional. | 除非法院判决抽样是合法的 |
[22:23] | The article is arcane. | 那个条文很不清楚 |
[22:25] | Oh, come on, toby | 得了,托比 |
[22:26] | The article is not arcane. | 那个条文并非不清楚 |
[22:29] | Let’s take a look at it. | 我们来看看 不…我们没时间 |
[22:30] | We don’t have time… | 我们来看看 |
[22:31] | Let’s take a look at it. | 我们来看看 |
[22:32] | Gladman: Toby… | 托比,我们都不是宪法学者 |
[22:34] | None of us is a constitutional scholar and we… | 我们真的没… |
[22:36] | It’s not going to take long. | 不会花太多时间 |
[22:38] | Toby: My staff unearthed a copy. | 我的幕僚设法拿到了一本 |
[22:39] | Skinner: Toby, come on. | 托比,我们已经来过六次 ��蒂,请念一下第一条第二款 |
[22:40] | We’ve been here for six… | 托比,我们已经来过六次 |
[22:41] | Toby: Mandy, would you read please | ��蒂,请念一下第一条第二款 |
[22:42] | From article one, section two. | 太愚蠢了 |
[22:44] | Gladman: This is silly. | 太愚蠢了 这就像使用手册 得念一念才知道在说些什么 |
[22:45] | It is the owner’s manual. | 这就像使用手册 |
[22:46] | We should read what it has to say. | 得念一念才知道在说些什么 |
[22:48] | Mandy: “Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned “Among the several states | 联邦各州的代表数和税收 |
[22:52] | “Which may be included within this union “According to their respective numbers | 应依各州数字比率计算 |
[22:56] | “Which shall be determined by adding the whole number | 此数字是由全人口数决定 |
[22:59] | “Of persons, including those bound to service For a term of years.” | 包括那些有任期的代表在内 |
[23:04] | Well, you said it right there. | 你刚才说出来了 |
[23:05] | It says “Which shall be determined By the whole number of persons.” | 『由全人口数决定』 |
[23:08] | “The whole number of persons.” | 是全人口数,而不是 |
[23:11] | Not the end of an equation that some statistician Got off of a computer. | 统计学家由电脑得出的数字 |
[23:15] | It says so right there. | 那里说得很清楚 |
[23:17] | Actually, that’s not what it says. | 事实上,它不是那种意思 |
[23:18] | W-w-what do you mean? | 你在说什么? |
[23:21] | Mandy left out a few words | ��蒂漏念了几个字 |
[23:23] | Didn’t she, mr. Willis? | 对吧,威利先生 |
[23:25] | Yes. | 没错 |
[23:27] | Mr. Willis teaches eighth grade social studies and mr. Willis | 威利先生教八年级社会学 |
[23:30] | Knows very well what the article says. | 他很清楚那条条文 |
[23:32] | It says, “Which shall be determined by adding | 上面说『由所有自由人口 |
[23:34] | “The whole number of free persons… And three fifths of all other persons.” | 及3/5的其他人口数决定』 |
[23:40] | Three fifths of all other persons. | 3/5的其他人口数指的是 |
[23:42] | They meant you, mr. Willis, didn’t they? | 像你这种人,对吧?威利先生 |
[23:43] | Yes. | 对 |
[23:45] | Mr. Willis, you are asking to enact a law | 威利先生,你要立的法 |
[23:47] | Which will limit the ability Of those people who need to be counted the most | 会让那些最需要被计数的人 |
[23:51] | To be counted as people at all | 更难以被当成一个人计数在内 |
[23:53] | And their only refuge is the argument | 而他们惟一能争辩的就是 |
[23:55] | That article i, section two is not arcane. | 第一条第二款不明确 |
[24:03] | Well, I think we’re through here. | 我想我们谈完了 |
[24:05] | I can report back | 我会向委员会主席报告 |
[24:07] | To the chairman of my committee | |
[24:08] | But I really don’t think that either he | 但我想他或其他领袖 |
[24:10] | Or the leadership is going to allow any one of us To change our votes. | 不会让我们改变投票立场 |
[24:13] | Congressman, you are talking about tying up | 议员,你这么做 |
[24:16] | An appropriations bill… | 无异是拖住拨款案… |
[24:18] | Don’t tell us what we’re talking about, toby. | 我不需要你的意见 |
[24:20] | And waiting till | 你等到十一点才通知我们… |
[24:21] | The 11th hour to call… | 抱歉,我们试着安排了四次 而且这不是… |
[24:22] | What is this? The fourth time | 抱歉,我们试着安排了四次 |
[24:23] | That we’ve arranged this meeting | 而且这不是… |
[24:24] | And by the way… | 我愿意 |
[24:25] | I will. | 我愿意 |
[24:28] | What, sir? | 什么? |
[24:29] | I think we should drop it. | 我想我们应该放弃 |
[24:31] | Joe… | 乔 决定在我,对吧 |
[24:32] | That’s my choice | 乔 决定在我,对吧 |
[24:33] | Right? Joe, the chairman of our committee | 乔,委员会主席建议我们… |
[24:35] | Recommends that… | 我知道他的建议,我很感激 但决定仍然在我,对吧 |
[24:36] | No, I saw what he recommended | 我知道他的建议,我很感激 |
[24:37] | And I appreciate his help But it’s still my choice, right? | 但决定仍然在我,对吧 |
[24:42] | Absolutely, sir. | 没错,决定在你 |
[24:43] | It is your choice. | |
[24:45] | Well, then, I change my mind. | 那么我改变主意了 |
[24:47] | I think we should drop the census amendment | 我们该放弃人口普查修正案 |
[24:49] | And let the appropriations bill go through | 让拨款案保持原样 |
[24:51] | As is. Joe… | 乔 |
[24:53] | Until the court rules | 直到法院判定 |
[24:55] | On whether sampling is constitutional. | 抽样法是否合乎宪法 |
[24:58] | Well… Then… | 那么…好极了 |
[25:00] | Excellent. | |
[25:03] | Well, looks like you snuck one in the back door, eh, toby? | 托比,你由后门溜进得分了 |
[25:06] | I got through whatever door was open to me. | 只要有门开了我就走 |
[25:09] | Well, we’re going to have to revisit this. | 我们要重新检视这案子 |
[25:11] | Yes. | 对 |
[25:12] | Mr. Willis, do you need any help to find your way out? | 威利,你需要别人带你出去吗 |
[25:15] | No, thank you. I think I can manage. | 不用,谢了,我可以找到路 |
[25:19] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢了,各位周末愉快 |
[25:21] | Have a good weekend. | |
[25:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:24] | Go tell leo. | 去告诉里奥 |
[25:31] | Mr. Willis … | 威利先生 |
[25:33] | You can call me joe. | 你可以叫我乔 |
[25:35] | If you don’t mind me asking, sir, what changed your mind? | 如果你不介意我问 你为什么改变了主意? |
[25:38] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[25:39] | Well, I know it wasn’t expediency, sir. | 我知道你不是为了私利 |
[25:41] | I was wondering What changed your mind? | 我不知道你为什么改变主意 |
[25:44] | You did. I thought you made a very strong argument. | 是你,你的说辞很有说服力 |
[25:49] | Well, thank you. Uh… ( chuckling ) | 谢谢 |
[25:53] | I’m smiling Because… Well, around here | 我所以会笑是因为在这里 |
[25:55] | The merits of a particular argument Generally take a backseat to political tactics. | 说服力比不上政治谋略重要 |
[25:59] | I would imagine. | 我可以想像 |
[26:01] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:02] | It worked on me. | 但对我很有效 |
[26:04] | I was taking advantage of you, sir. | 我占了你的便宜 |
[26:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:08] | There are some things I did not mention. | 有些事我没提 |
[26:10] | First of all, it is partisan. | 首先,这是政党议题 |
[26:12] | Second of all, I’m not wild | 其次,这样立下前例不太好 |
[26:13] | About the precedent. | 你的意思是… |
[26:15] | You mean… What’s to stop us | 有什么能制止我们进一步说 |
[26:16] | From saying, “We don’t need elections. | |
[26:18] | We’ll just use polling data.” | 干脆不用选举 用民意调查来决定好了 |
[26:20] | 1,150 with a sampling error of plus or minus three will decide | 1150人加上正负百分之三 |
[26:25] | Who runs the country. | 抽样误差将决定谁管理这国家 |
[26:26] | I thought about that. | 我想过这件事 |
[26:27] | And? | 结果呢? |
[26:30] | It’s okay by me as long as it’s not the same people | 只要不是决定电视节目那批人 |
[26:35] | Who decide what’s on television. ( both laughing ) | 来管理国家就行了 |
[26:40] | Toby… | 托比 |
[26:42] | I’m not nearly as smart as my wife was. | 我没我太太那么聪明 |
[26:45] | I went to night school because I went to work pretty young. | 我工作得早,所以只能上夜校 |
[26:50] | I tried to understand the things | 我试图理解珍妮丝 |
[26:51] | Janice brought home from the office But I wasn’t in her league. | 带回来的工作,但我比不上她 |
[26:57] | I never understood what she wanted with a dummy like me. | 我从不知道她为什么 看上我这种傻蛋 |
[27:02] | I think the problems | 我想我们在新世纪 |
[27:04] | That we’re going to face in the new century | 即将面对的问题 |
[27:07] | Are far beyond the wisdom of solomon, let alone me. | 连所罗门王也无解 更别提我了 |
[27:12] | But I think the right place to start is to say | 但我认为最好的起点是 |
[27:16] | “Fair is fair. | 凡事要公平,要认清自己 |
[27:19] | “This is who we are. These are our numbers.” | 要正视数据 |
[27:26] | I’m sorry I never got to know your wife, sir. | 很遗憾没早点认识尊夫人 |
[27:29] | She would have liked you. | 她一定会喜欢你 |
[27:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:33] | Thank you. | |
[27:35] | I’ve got a roll call. | 我得去投票了 |
[27:37] | Nothing to it. | 没什么,点到你的名时 |
[27:38] | They call your name, you vote “Yea.” | 只要投赞成就行了 |
[27:41] | Well, this is my first and likely my only vote | 这是我第一次也可能是 |
[27:47] | In the house of representatives. | 最后一次在众议院的投票 |
[27:50] | Well, good luck, congressman. | 祝你好运,众议员 |
[27:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:03] | You wanted to read these with dinner. | 吃晚餐时你可以看看这个 |
[28:04] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[28:06] | Would you like the tokyo exchange | 你希望把东京股市报告 送到你卧房吗? |
[28:07] | Sent to your bedroom? Yeah, sure. | 好 |
[28:09] | And the call from the secretary? | 秘书的电话也接过去? |
[28:10] | Yes. | 对 |
[28:12] | Would you like it in the dining room? | 你用餐时也要接他的电话吗 |
[28:14] | I’ll take the call wherever I am When he calls, I guess. | 不管在那里我都要接他的电话 |
[28:16] | There’s no need to adopt a tone, sir. | 你不需要用那种口气 总统先生 |
[28:18] | I’m just trying to get out of here. | 我没用什么口气 我只想离开这里 |
[28:20] | Would there be anything else? I’m saying no. | 还有什么事吗? |
[28:22] | I just want to go home. | 没事,我只想回家 |
[28:23] | There’s that tone again. | 又是那种口气 |
[28:24] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 |
[28:25] | Good night, sir. | 晚安 |
[28:26] | Good night, mrs. Landingham. | 晚安,蓝丁汉太太 我听说已经搞定了 |
[28:28] | I heard it’s done. | 对,人口普查修正案会搁置在 委员会,拨款案可以过关了 |
[28:29] | Yeah, commerce will leave | 对,人口普查修正案会搁置在 |
[28:31] | The census amendment in committee Appropriations will pass. | 委员会,拨款案可以过关了 |
[28:33] | No problem. | 好,我要回官邸了 |
[28:34] | Good. I’m headed | 好,我要回官邸了 |
[28:36] | Over to the residence. I needed to speak To you about something. | 我想和你谈件事 |
[28:38] | Sure. Thank you. | 好,谢了 |
[28:40] | I should have told you earlier, but… | 我该早点告诉你的,但是… |
[28:45] | I moved out of the house. | 我搬出家了 |
[28:48] | Jenny’s asking me for a divorce. | 珍妮要求离婚 |
[28:51] | You’re kidding me. | 你在开玩笑? |
[28:53] | No. | 没有 |
[28:54] | Leo, you’re kidding me. | 里奥,你在开我的玩笑 |
[28:55] | No. | 没有 |
[28:57] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[29:00] | Nothing happened, mr. President. It’s just one of those… | 没发生什么,只是… |
[29:02] | Don’t tell me nothing happened, leo. | 别说没发生什么 |
[29:04] | I know you. I know jenny. | 我了解你,也了解珍妮 |
[29:06] | Married couples like you | 像你们这种结婚夫妻 |
[29:07] | Don’t just get divorced | 没发生什么事,绝不会离婚 |
[29:09] | Because nothing happened. Nothing happened. | 没发生什么 |
[29:10] | It’s not like that. | 事情不是那样子 |
[29:12] | I want to talk to jenny. | 我要跟珍妮谈谈 |
[29:14] | Feel free. | 尽管去谈 |
[29:17] | I don’t understand how this happened, leo. | 我不懂怎么会发生这种事 |
[29:18] | You and jenny were happy. | 你跟珍妮都很快乐呀 |
[29:20] | Jenny was not happy. | 珍妮并不快乐 |
[29:21] | Because you weren’t spending Enough time with her? | 因为你陪她的时间太少? |
[29:24] | Yes, but that’s not… | 对,但那不是… |
[29:25] | A marriage | 婚姻需要去经营,里奥 |
[29:26] | Needs attention, leo. It can’t run on autopilot. | 它不会自动驾驶 |
[29:30] | Come on, it’s not your prom date we’re talking about here. | 我们不是在谈你约会的对象 |
[29:32] | We’re talking about your family. | 而是你的家庭 |
[29:34] | Well, mr. President, thank you for pointing that out. I tried to squeeze in as much time as I could | 多谢你指点迷津,我已尽量 |
[29:39] | Between my wine tasting club And running your white house. | 在管理白宫跟社交间挤出时间 |
[29:42] | You can’t blame this on me. | 这事你不能怪我 |
[29:45] | I’m not blaming you for it, sir. | 我不是怪你,我没怪任何人 |
[29:47] | I’m not blaming anyone for it. | |
[29:50] | It just happened. | 这种事情会发生的 |
[29:51] | These things happen. | |
[29:52] | When did it happen? | 什么时候发生的? |
[29:55] | Two weeks ago. | 两周以前 |
[29:56] | And you’re just now telling me? | 你到现在才告诉我? |
[29:58] | Honestly? I know how you feel about jenny. | 我知道你对珍妮很好 |
[30:01] | I thought you’d think that somehow you were responsible for it | 我想你会觉得有点责任 |
[30:04] | And you’d turn that guilt into an inappropriate anger | 你会把愤怒转为对我的责怪 |
[30:06] | Toward me, which, frankly I can live without right now. | 老实说,我现在不吃这一套 |
[30:10] | I can’t imagine what made me think all that. | 我知道我为什么会有这种想法 |
[30:14] | Fix this, leo. | 快去补救,里奥 |
[30:15] | It’s not as simple as that. | 没那么简单 |
[30:17] | It is as simple as that. | 就是那么简单 |
[30:18] | You’re the man. | 只有你才办得到,快去补救 |
[30:19] | Fix it. | |
[30:21] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 |
[30:22] | Fix it. | 去补救 |
[30:26] | Good night, sir. | 晚安 |
[30:28] | Good night, leo. | 晚安,里奥 |
[30:44] | So, your friend couldn’t come tonight? | 你的朋友今晚不能来吗? |
[30:46] | By friend, of course, you’re talking about… | 你是指我哪个朋友? |
[30:49] | Your special friend. | 你那特别的朋友 |
[30:50] | Sam, does she mean…? | 山姆,她的意思是… |
[30:51] | My special friend. | 我的特别朋友 什么特别的朋友? |
[30:53] | What special friend? | 是柔伊不能知道的特别朋友 |
[30:54] | His special friend that zoey can’t know about. The hooker. | 那个妓女? |
[31:01] | Okay. She’s not a hooker. | 好,她不是妓女,是应召女郎 |
[31:03] | She’s a call girl. | |
[31:04] | And how do you know about this? | 你怎么知道这件事? |
[31:05] | Mallory told me. | 玛勒里告诉我的 |
[31:07] | How does mallory know about that? | 玛勒里怎么知道这件事? |
[31:08] | I told her. | 我告诉她的 |
[31:10] | You told our boss’ daughter that you slept with a call girl? | 你告诉老板的女儿 你跟应召女郎睡觉? |
[31:13] | I thought she was a schoolteacher | 我当时不知道她是里奥的女儿 |
[31:16] | Who came in with her class. | 我以为她是来访的学校老师 |
[31:17] | You thought you were telling a stranger | 所以你以为你是告诉陌生人 |
[31:19] | That you slept with a call girl. | 你跟应召女郎睡觉? |
[31:20] | accidentally… slept with a call girl. | 对,不小心跟应召女郎睡觉 |
[31:23] | Mallory, does your father know? | 玛勒里,你父亲知道这件事吗 |
[31:24] | No. | 不知道 |
[31:27] | Zoey? | 柔伊,你父亲知道这件事吗? |
[31:28] | Does your father know? Not yet. | 还不知道 |
[31:32] | Oh, so, this is going to be a thing. Zoey and I have decided | 这件事请保密 |
[31:34] | That it’s time we start collecting i.o.u.s. Uh… | 柔伊和我要求回报 |
[31:40] | She didn’t bring my grasshopper. | 她还没送来我的蚱蜢酒 还没有吗? |
[31:41] | She didn’t? No. | 没有 |
[31:43] | Maybe she just felt really stupid ordering it. | 也许她认为点那种酒太蠢了 |
[31:44] | The grasshopper is a perfectly respectable… | 蚱蜢酒是很正当的… 我去拿 |
[31:47] | I’ll get it. | 我去拿 我要看那种酒怎么调 |
[31:48] | I want to see them make it. | 我去拿 |
[31:49] | ( laughter ) | 我要看那种酒怎么调 |
[31:51] | Could you hold these? | 你帮我拿着这个 这是什么? |
[31:53] | It’s just lipstick, and stuff. | 只是一些口红之类的 |
[31:54] | My panic button. | 还有紧急按钮 |
[31:55] | Ruins the line Of my outfit. | 它会破坏我的衣服 |
[31:58] | It’s called a grasshopper? | 好 那种酒叫蚱蜢酒? |
[31:58] | Straight up. | 纯的 |
[32:00] | Make sure they make it extra thick and green. | 要叫他们弄得又浓又绿 |
[32:02] | What is a panic button? | 什么是紧急按钮? |
[32:03] | Oh, you don’t want to know. I’ve seen it in action. | 最好别知道,我看到它的功效 |
[32:06] | The president is a very protective father. | 总统是很小心的父亲 |
[32:11] | So, you’re having a good time tonight? | 你今晚过得愉快吧 |
[32:13] | Yeah. I appreciate it. | 对,很感谢你 |
[32:15] | Seems like you’re not having a good time. | 你好像并不是很愉快 |
[32:16] | He’s having a good time. | 他过得很愉快 |
[32:20] | You think they know I don’t go to college? | 你想他们知道我没上大学吗 |
[32:22] | Who? | 谁? |
[32:23] | All these people. | 所有这些人 |
[32:24] | You’re twice as smart as anyone in the room. | 查理,你比这里任何人 都聪明一倍以上 |
[32:26] | Yeah, but I don’t go to college. | 对,但我没上大学 |
[32:27] | Relax. | 放轻松点 |
[32:28] | You’re telling him to relax | 你叫他放轻松,但口气很紧张 |
[32:30] | With this sense of urgency. Making sure he’s having a good time tonight. | 我只想确定他今晚过得很愉快 |
[32:33] | He’s having a good time. | 他过得很愉快,你放轻松点 |
[32:34] | You relax. | 我没紧张 |
[32:42] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[32:43] | Hey. | 嗨 嗨 |
[32:45] | Hi. Um, wh-what’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[32:48] | What? | 什么? |
[32:49] | Uh… | |
[32:50] | I said what’s your name? | 我问你叫什么名字? |
[32:53] | You’re kidding, right? | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[32:54] | Hey, he’s just asking for your name. | 他只想问你的名字 |
[32:57] | I’m… | 我是… 等等,我们来猜你的名字 |
[32:58] | Wait. Wait. | 我是… 等等,我们来猜你的名字 |
[32:59] | Why don’t we guess your name? Alright? | 好吗? 当然 |
[33:02] | Sure. | 我打赌我们猜得到 |
[33:03] | Alright, because I bet we can guess it. | 我打赌我们猜得到 |
[33:05] | I wouldn’t say that there was urgency in my voice. | 我的口气不紧张 |
[33:07] | I was simply asking if he was having a good time | 我只是问他过得愉不愉快 |
[33:09] | And suggesting that if he relaxed… | 而且建议他放轻松点 |
[33:11] | Maybe if you stopped pestering him | 你别再像个老姑妈一样唠叨 |
[33:12] | Like you’re his great aunt ida. Excuse me one second. | 失陪一下 |
[33:17] | It’s cassandra. | 是卡珊卓 |
[33:18] | ( guys talking ) | 卡珊卓 |
[33:19] | Guy: We were going to guess it. | 我们会猜出来的,你真扫兴 |
[33:21] | You just ruined it. | |
[33:23] | Is everything alright, zoey? | 没事吧?柔伊 |
[33:24] | He called her zoey. | 他叫她柔伊 |
[33:25] | Come on, let’s go back to the table. | 走,我们回我们的桌子 |
[33:26] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. | |
[33:29] | What’s up, sammy? | 怎么了?小黑人 |
[33:32] | Zoey? | 柔伊 |
[33:33] | Guy: Excuse me, e-excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[33:35] | We’re trying to buy a girl a drink, man. | 我们正要请这位小姐喝杯酒 |
[33:36] | She’s 19 years old, man. | 她只有十九岁 你得带她去马里兰州才能喝酒 |
[33:39] | Check out superfly. | 你看看他神气的样子 |
[33:40] | Hey. | |
[33:42] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[33:44] | No. Why don’t you go, alright? | 不,你自己走吧 |
[33:45] | Guys, you don’t know who this is. | 你们不知道她是谁 |
[33:47] | You don’t want any trouble, be cool, alright? | 别找麻烦,冷静点,好吧 |
[33:48] | Hey, I’m just saying | 冷静点? 对,我是来找她的 |
[33:50] | I’m looking out for her. | 我知道你说什么?你要我冷静 |
[33:51] | You just want me to… | 我知道你说什么?你要我冷静 |
[33:52] | Be cool. | |
[33:54] | Can I buy you guys a round? | 我可以请你们喝一杯 |
[33:55] | L l cool j, man. Like, ice-t. | 你活像是酷杰,像是冰茶先生 |
[33:58] | Ice cube. Ice tray, man. | 冰块、冰盘… |
[34:00] | Why must you mock | 你为什么要嘲笑 |
[34:02] | A perfectly natural, brotherly… | 极为自然的兄弟间… |
[34:04] | I’m not mocking it, josh. | 我没有嘲笑,乔西 |
[34:05] | Maybe if you left the young man alone… | 我是说你别管那年轻人太多 |
[34:08] | Josh? | 乔西 |
[34:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:13] | Why don’t you do some of that hip-hop for us, g-funk? | 像范克一样跳嬉哈给我们看 |
[34:16] | Dr. Huffy-puffy dred, man. | 或像杜瑞或杜立德医生一样 |
[34:18] | Would you let us by, please? | 请让我们走 |
[34:19] | No. You know, what are you doing here with this girl, huh? | 不行,你跟这女孩来这儿干嘛 |
[34:22] | Huh? You know what? | 你知道吗?我看你是欠揍 |
[34:23] | To me, you look to be dr. Faggot. | 你知道吗?我看你是欠揍 |
[34:24] | Hey. What the hell is going on around here? | 这里发生了什么事? |
[34:27] | Who the hell are you? | 你是什么玩意? |
[34:28] | Hey, kiss my ass. Zoey? | 吻我屁股吧,柔伊 |
[34:29] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[34:30] | Kiss your what, fairy poppins? | 吻你什么?你这娘娘腔 |
[34:31] | Charlie? | 查理 没事 |
[34:32] | Everything’s fine. | 查理 没事 |
[34:34] | Hey, you want to go? | 你想到外头去吗? 什么? |
[34:35] | What? Let’s do it. | 你想到外头去吗? 现在就单挑吧 怎么了? |
[34:36] | How’s everybody doing? | 怎么了? |
[34:38] | Guy: Oh, good, more fairy boys. | 很好,又来个娘娘腔的 |
[34:40] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? 我说:又来个娘娘腔的 |
[34:41] | I said more | 你说什么? |
[34:43] | Fairy boys. | 我说:又来个娘娘腔的 |
[34:44] | Oh, this is too good to be true. | 这真对我的味口 |
[34:46] | Hey, I recognize this guy. | 我认得这�砘铮�她也很面熟 |
[34:48] | Yeah, and she looks familiar, too. | 你们可能还不知道 |
[34:50] | Yeah, uh, you guys don’t realize it But you’re having a bad night. | 你们今晚倒大楣了 |
[34:53] | And who’s going to give it to us, huh? | 真的吗? 对 |
[34:55] | Federal officers! | 谁会让我们倒霉? 联邦探员 |
[34:57] | Get your hands in the air! | 这里 |
[34:59] | Right here. Right here. | |
[35:00] | What the hell?! Alright. | |
[35:03] | Whoa! Whoa! | |
[35:04] | Secret service agent: Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[35:06] | I swear to god I’ll blow your head off. | 我真想轰掉你的脑袋 |
[35:10] | Everybody stand back. | 每个人都退后 |
[35:11] | I ain’t done with this, sammy. | 我跟你没完没了,小黑人 |
[35:13] | My name is charlie young, jackass | 我叫查理杨,浑球 |
[35:16] | And if that bulge in your pocket’s an eight-ball of blow | 如果你口袋那鼓起的是把枪 |
[35:17] | You’re spending spring break in a federal prison. | 你就得在联邦监狱过春假了 |
[35:25] | Sam: yeah. | |
[35:26] | Now I’m having a good time. | 现在我玩得很愉快了 |
[35:31] | Well, my work here is done. | 我的任务达成了 |
[35:35] | Bartlet: what happened? | 怎么回事? |
[35:36] | They told you what happened. | 怎么回事? 他们不是告诉你了吗? |
[35:38] | Did you do anything at all to provoke these guys? | 你有做什么事去惹那些人吗 |
[35:41] | Like what? | 比如说什么? |
[35:42] | Were you flirting with them? | 你有没有挑逗他们? 爹地 |
[35:43] | Dad… | 你有没有挑逗他们? 爹地 |
[35:44] | Zoey, you flirt with guys. | 柔伊,你会挑逗男人 |
[35:46] | Yes, dad, I am 19 years old. | 对,我只有十九岁 |
[35:48] | I was not flirting with these guys. | 但我没挑逗他们 |
[35:50] | And even if I was It certainly wasn’t justification | 就算有,他们也不该那样 |
[35:53] | For their behavior. What were you doing? | 你到底做了什么? |
[35:56] | I went to the bar to get a drink. | 我到吧台去拿杯酒 |
[35:57] | What were you doing drinking? | 你为什么喝酒? |
[35:59] | I was getting a drink for c.j. | 我是替茜洁拿酒 |
[36:02] | I’m going to up your protection. | 我要增加你的防护措施 |
[36:03] | No. Yes. | 不要 要 |
[36:04] | Dad… | 爹地 从明天开始 |
[36:05] | Starting tomorrow. | 爹地 从明天开始 |
[36:06] | I’m starting college in a month. | 我再一个月要上大学了 |
[36:07] | Friends will walk you to class. | 你会有很多朋友陪你上课 |
[36:10] | I don’t want this, dad. | 我不要这样,爹地 |
[36:12] | We talked about this. | 柔伊 |
[36:14] | I am entitled to this part of my life. | 我们谈过这件事 我有权过自己的日子 |
[36:15] | You’re getting it. | 你是有权过自己的日子 |
[36:17] | I’m entitled to a normal… | 我要过正常的生活 |
[36:18] | Oh, please! | 拜托你 |
[36:20] | The secret service… | 别拜托我 |
[36:21] | Let the secret service worry | 特勤组的人会忙着… |
[36:23] | About you getting shot. | 特勤组的该担心你被枪击 |
[36:24] | They are worried about me getting shot. | 他们担心我被枪击 |
[36:26] | I’m worried about me getting shot | 我也担心我被枪击 |
[36:27] | But that is nothing compared | 但是我们更担心的是你 |
[36:29] | To how terrified we are of you. | |
[36:31] | You scare the hell out of the secret service, zoey | 你把特勤组的人吓坏了 |
[36:33] | And you scare the hell out of me, too. | 也把我吓坏了 |
[36:35] | My getting killed would be bad enough | 我被枪击是很可怕 |
[36:37] | But that is not the nightmare scenario. | 但还有更可怕的情况 |
[36:39] | The nightmare scenario, sweetheart | 你被绑架才是最可怕的情况 |
[36:41] | Is you getting kidnapped. | |
[36:43] | You go out to a bar or a party in some club | 当你去酒吧或参加派对 |
[36:45] | And you get up to go to the restroom. | 你上洗手间时 |
[36:47] | Somebody comes up from behind | 有人从后面掩住你嘴巴 |
[36:48] | Puts their hand across your mouth And whisks you out the back door. | 把你从后门带走 |
[36:51] | You’re so petrified, you don’t even notice the bodies | 你吓坏了没注意到地上两具 |
[36:53] | Of two secret service agents lying on the ground With bullet holes in their heads. | 头上中枪的特勤组员尸体 |
[36:57] | Then you’re whisked away in a car. | 你被人用车载走 |
[36:59] | It’s a big party with lots of noise | 派对上人多又吵 |
[37:01] | And lots of people coming and going | 大家进进出出 |
[37:02] | And it’s a half hour before someone says | 等有人发现柔伊不见了 |
[37:04] | “Hey, where’s zoey?” | 已经过了半小时 |
[37:06] | Another 15 minutes | 再过十五分才打了电话 |
[37:07] | Before the phone call. | |
[37:08] | Another hour and a half | 再过一个半小时 |
[37:10] | Before anyone even thinks | 才有人想起要封闭机场 |
[37:11] | To shut down all the airports, and now we’re off to the races. | 而现在竞赛才开始 |
[37:14] | You’re tied to a chair in a cargo shack | 你在乌甘达某地的货柜仓库 |
[37:16] | Somewhere in the middle of uganda | 被绑在椅子上 |
[37:18] | And I am told that I have 72 hours | 我被通知在七十二小时内要 |
[37:21] | To get israel to free 460 terrorist prisoners | 以色列释放460名恐怖份子 |
[37:24] | So I’m on the phone pleading | 于是我打电话求班雅宾 |
[37:26] | With the israeli prime minister, and he’s saying | |
[37:27] | “I’m sorry, mr. President | 但他说对不起 |
[37:29] | “But israel simply does not negotiate “With terrorists, period. | 以色列绝不跟暴徒妥协 |
[37:33] | It’s the only way we can survive.” | 那是他们得以生存的办法 |
[37:35] | So now we got a new problem | 现在我们又有了新的麻烦 |
[37:36] | Because this country no longer has | 因为这个国家没有三军统帅了 只有一个急疯了的父亲 |
[37:37] | A commander-in-chief. | 因为这个国家没有三军统帅了 |
[37:38] | It has a father | 只有一个急疯了的父亲 |
[37:40] | Who’s out of his mind because his little girl | 担心他女儿在乌干达某地 |
[37:41] | Is in a shack somewhere in uganda with a gun to her head! | 仓库里被枪指着头 |
[37:46] | Do you get it?! | 你懂了吗? |
[37:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:59] | ( sighing ) | |
[38:04] | I’m sorry I yelled, sweetheart. | 抱歉我用吼的,宝贝,原谅我 |
[38:06] | Forgive me. | |
[38:08] | Honey, I want you | 我希望你有自由,有青春 |
[38:09] | To have your freedom and your youth. | |
[38:11] | I want you to have common, everyday experiences | 希望你像同年龄女孩一样 |
[38:14] | With girls your own age, but don’t ever forget | 有正常的生活经历 |
[38:17] | This is a privilege, and it is an experience | 但别忘了这是一种特权 |
[38:20] | That must be cherished beyond measure | 是不惜代价也要珍惜的经验 |
[38:22] | And proper protection and security– | 适当的安全保护有时很烦人 |
[38:25] | Though at times, I admit, it’s a drag– | |
[38:27] | Is never too high a price to pay. | 但是这代价并不算太高 |
[38:31] | You’re right. | 你说得对,我很抱歉 |
[38:33] | I’m sorry. | |
[38:37] | It’s alright, sweetheart. | 没关系,宝贝,没关系 |
[38:38] | It’s alright. | |
[38:41] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[38:43] | Good night, sweetheart. | 晚安,宝贝 |
[38:45] | I love you. | 我爱你 我也爱你 |
[38:46] | I love you, too. | 我爱你 |
[38:54] | ( door closes ) | 我也爱你 |
[39:02] | Don’t get up. | 别站起来 |
[39:04] | ( door closes ) | |
[39:07] | Good evening, mr. President. | 晚安,总统先生 |
[39:09] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[39:12] | Uh, before, when I was being an idiot | 之前我有点愚蠢 |
[39:15] | There was something I forgot to say. | 我忘了说句话 |
[39:18] | What? | 什么话? |
[39:20] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:26] | I would like unanimous consent to revise | 希望你同意让我更改 |
[39:29] | And extend my remarks. | 我所说的话 |
[39:31] | Without objection. | 我不反对 |
[39:33] | I don’t know what the hell was the matter with me, leo. | 我不知道我刚才怎么回事 |
[39:36] | If there’s anything I can do to help… | 只要我能帮上忙,你尽管说 |
[39:38] | Anything. | |
[39:41] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[39:50] | Let me tell you something. | 我可以对付左边那两人 那两个是我的 |
[39:51] | I could have taken the two guys on the left. | 我可以对付左边那两人 |
[39:53] | Those were my guys. | 那两个是我的 |
[39:54] | Which guys? | 那些人? 左边那些人 |
[39:55] | The guys on the left. | 那些人? 左边那些人 是当你面对酒吧时左边的人? |
[39:55] | The guys on the left | 是当你面对酒吧时左边的人? |
[39:56] | As you were facing the bar? | |
[39:58] | Yeah. No. No. | 对,不,假装你是我 |
[40:00] | Say you’re me. I’m facing toward the bar… | 而我面对酒吧 |
[40:02] | Sandwiches. | 好 三明治 |
[40:03] | Thank you, donna. | 谢了,唐娜 |
[40:04] | Defending virtue is hungry work. | 英雄救美让人饥肠辘辘 |
[40:06] | I’ll be at my desk. | 我会在办公室里 |
[40:08] | Uh, donna? | 唐娜 什么? |
[40:09] | Yes? | 唐娜 什么? |
[40:10] | How much were the sandwiches? | 三明治要多少钱? |
[40:12] | $12.95. | 十二块九毛五 |
[40:13] | I gave you a $20. | 我给你二十元 |
[40:14] | Yes. As it turns out | 对,你给我的钱是 |
[40:16] | You actually gave me more money than I needed To buy what you asked for. | 比需要买给你的东西多 |
[40:19] | However, knowing you as I do | 但我太了解你 |
[40:21] | I’m afraid I can’t trust you to spend the change wisely. | 我怕你不会好好运用剩下的钱 |
[40:24] | I’ve decided to invest it for you. | 所以我决定帮你投资 |
[40:26] | That was nice. | 很好,那是很好的比喻 我要拿回我的钱 |
[40:27] | A little parable. | 很好,那是很好的比喻 |
[40:29] | I want my money back. | 我要拿回我的钱 |
[40:31] | Yeah, so, those were my guys. | 对,那些是我的人 |
[40:33] | There’s the one guy with blond hair. | 好,有一个金发的�砘� |
[40:35] | Facing away from the bar. | 是背朝酒吧 |
[40:37] | There were no two guys either one of you | 那里任何两人 |
[40:38] | Could have taken. | 都不是你们能应付的 |
[40:40] | Bartlet: Josh? | 乔西 |
[40:41] | Yes, sir? | 是的,先生 |
[40:50] | What were you doing taking my daughter out to a bar? | 你带我女儿去酒吧做什么? |
[40:56] | You told me to, sir. | 是你叫我做的 我是叫你带查理去 |
[40:57] | I told you | 是你叫我做的 |
[40:58] | To take charlie. | 我是叫你带查理去 |
[40:59] | When zoey said she was going, I assumed | 当柔伊也要去时 |
[41:01] | You were going to go have malteds or something. | 我以为你会带她去喝麦芽饮料 |
[41:04] | Malteds, sir? | 麦芽饮料? |
[41:05] | Yes. | 对 |
[41:06] | What is this, our town? | 这是在『我们的城市』 舞台剧中的对白吗? |
[41:10] | Well, anyway, thank you for doing | 反正…谢谢你的所做所为 |
[41:12] | Whatever it was you did. | |
[41:14] | As a matter of fact, I didn’t do anything | 事实上我没做什么 |
[41:17] | But, for what it’s worth, I should tell you | 但我要告诉你 |
[41:18] | That charlie didn’t blink before he put his body | 查理可是毫不犹疑地 |
[41:20] | Between danger and zoey. | 挺身为柔伊挡下危险 |
[41:28] | Bartlet: Charlie? | 查理 |
[41:30] | Uh, sam, you come, too, please. | 山姆,你也来一下 |
[41:36] | You know, I once played the stage manager | 我很想当『我们的城市』 |
[41:38] | In a production of our town. | 的舞台经理 |
[41:46] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[41:48] | Are you a good poker player? | 你玩扑克牌内行吗? 不内行 |
[41:49] | No, sir. | 太好了,拿钱出来 找个位子坐下 |
[41:51] | Excellent. Get your money and take a seat. | 太好了,拿钱出来 找个位子坐下 |
[41:52] | Is josh being punished? | 乔西有被处罚吗? |
[41:54] | Punished? No. | 处罚?没有 |
[41:55] | May I ask | 请问为什么没有? 因为我说了算数 |
[41:55] | Why not? | 请问为什么没有? |
[41:56] | Because I said so. | 因为我说了算数 |
[41:59] | Good evening. | 晚安 晚安 |
[42:02] | Good work, both of you. | 晚安,总统先生 |
[42:02] | You bought us some time. | 你们两个干得好 替我们多争取了时间 |
[42:04] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[42:05] | I understand you all had a very interesting evening. | 我知道你们有个很有趣的夜晚 |
[42:07] | Yes. | 对 |
[42:09] | So did i. | 我也一样 |
[42:10] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[42:11] | I met an unusual man. | 我遇见一个很不平凡的人 |
[42:12] | Bartlet: C.j., deal the cards. | 茜洁,发牌 |
[42:14] | Toby: He didn’t walk into the room with a political agenda. | 他进屋时不带有政治私利 |
[42:16] | He didn’t walk in with his mind made up. | 也没有成见 |
[42:19] | He genuinely wanted to do what he thought was best. | 他只想做他认为正确的事 |
[42:22] | Didn’t mind saying the words “I don’t know.” | 他也不怕说『我不知道』 |
[42:24] | I said that this morning | 我今早才对山姆说 『我不知道』 |
[42:27] | And I’m a better person for it. | 勇于承认无知是让我成为 更优秀的人 |
[42:29] | By the way, I now know everything | 而我现在对人口普查十分了解 |
[42:30] | There is to know about the census. Go ahead, ask me anything. | 你可以随便问任何问题 |
[42:32] | How many people live in the united states? | 有多少人住在美国? |
[42:42] | There is some material we haven’t covered yet. | 有些重点我们还没谈到 |
[42:44] | ( laughing ) | |
[42:47] | Josh: Come on, toby, sit down. | 快点,托比,坐下 |
[42:49] | I just want to watch this. | 我想看这一段 |
[42:50] | We won it 40 votes ago. | 我们在四十票之前就已经赢了 |
[42:53] | I just want to hear this one. | 我只想听到我们赢了 |
[42:56] | Man: Mr. Widen. | 宾州的威登先生,投赞成票 |
[42:58] | Mr. Widen of pennsylvania votes yea. | |
[43:00] | Mr. Wilder. | 南卡州的魏尔德先生投赞成票 |
[43:01] | Mr. Wilder of south carolina votes yea. | 南卡州的魏尔德先生投赞成票 |
[43:05] | Mr. Willis. | |
[43:06] | Mr. Willis of ohio votes yea. | 俄亥俄州的威利先生投赞成票 |