时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | previously on the west wing: | |
[00:06] | What are you holding? | 你手上拿什么? |
[00:07] | Josh said you liked goldfish. ( laughing ) | 乔西说你喜欢金鱼 |
[00:11] | The crackers, danny, the… | 是饼干,丹尼 |
[00:13] | The cheese things that you have at a party? | 在聚会时吃的乳酪饼干 |
[00:15] | So you got a date tonight? | 你今晚有约会 |
[00:17] | He calls me, he tells me what to wear, | 他打电话给我 告诉我该穿什么衣服 |
[00:18] | And the rest of It’s a big surprise. | 其它的就要给我一个惊喜 |
[00:20] | Your night job stinks. | 我要说你晚上的工作差劲透了 好 |
[00:21] | Fine. And I’m taking your sandwich. | 我要吃你的三明治 |
[00:23] | This Is going to be trouble. Lillienfield? | 有麻烦了 李林菲德? |
[00:25] | Were you maybe Into something that wasn’t acceptable? Pills. | 里奥,你是否有不好的恶习? 药物 |
[00:28] | Were you In treatment? Records kept by these facilities | 你接受过治疗吗? 那里的病历纪录应该是保密的 |
[00:31] | Are confidential, josh. | 他取得了病历资料 “耶诞礼物” |
[00:33] | He’s got them. | “十二月二十三日星期四 早上七点三十分” |
[00:42] | Mandy: The president will stand | 总统会站在树旁 |
[00:44] | Next to the tree with the rope line to the left | 树的左边有吊饰 |
[00:45] | And the carolers will be off to the side. | 圣诗团会另在一边 |
[00:47] | With the santa hats on? | 头上戴圣诞老人帽子吗? |
[00:48] | No, dickensian costumes. | 狄更斯的装扮 很好 |
[00:49] | Nice. Maybe we’ll have both. | 或许两种装扮都有 这样好吗? |
[00:51] | You think? You think they’ll clash? | 你觉得这样会不调和吗? 有可能 |
[00:53] | It might. | 你觉得这样会不调和吗? 有可能 有人可以告诉我 我站在这儿做什么? |
[00:54] | Someone tell me why I’m standing here. | 有人可以告诉我 我站在这儿做什么? |
[00:55] | To weigh In on this. I could care less. | 提供意见 我才不在乎呢 |
[00:57] | Toby… More? | 托比… 还有事吗? |
[00:58] | Who’s playing santa? | 谁来扮圣诞老人? |
[01:00] | Al roker. | 艾尔路克 他来扮圣诞老人? |
[01:01] | Playing santa? What’s wrong with that? | 有什么不对吗? |
[01:02] | Went on a diet. | 他在节食 |
[01:04] | How do you know these things? I read. | 你怎么知道的? |
[01:05] | We’ll pad him If we have to. | 我看报纸的 我们会帮他塞垫子的 我们现在有荷西菲利西安诺 山米索沙夫妇… |
[01:06] | Now we have jose feliciano. | 我们现在有荷西菲利西安诺 |
[01:08] | We have sammy sosa and his wife. | 山米索沙夫妇… |
[01:09] | Did you know that recordings of “Feliz navidad” | 你知不知道耶诞快乐这首歌 |
[01:11] | Outsold recordings of “White christmas”? | 卖得比白色耶诞要好 |
[01:12] | What are you…? So he speaks… | 你怎么…? 我听取了详细简报 |
[01:14] | On what? Pageant of peace, season of hope | 他这么说啦… 什么简报? |
[01:16] | Coming of the new millennium. | 和平降临、充满希望的季节 千禧年到来 |
[01:17] | Coming of the new millennium. Yes. | 千禧年到来? 是的 |
[01:19] | Fine. Don’t start. | 好 你别开始说教 |
[01:20] | I said fine. | 我只说好而已 你们两个别说了行吗? |
[01:21] | Are we done? Are you two guys done? | 我们结束了吗? 是的 |
[01:23] | Yeah. It’s not the new millennium | 我们结束了吗? 是的 |
[01:24] | But I’ll just let It drop. It Is. | 这不是千禧年 但我不再说了 |
[01:26] | It Is not the new millennium. | 它是千禧年 不是千禧年 |
[01:27] | The year 2000 Is the last year of the millennium. | 公元两千年是 这个千禧年的最后一年 |
[01:29] | It’s not the first year of the next one. | 而不是下个千禧年的开始 |
[01:31] | But the common sensibility, to quote stephen jay gould… | 依照史蒂芬杰古德的 普通常识说法… |
[01:33] | Stephen j. Gould needs to look at a calendar. | 史蒂芬杰古德需要 去查一下月历 |
[01:36] | Gould says this Is a largely unresolved Issue. | 古德说这是无解的问题 |
[01:38] | Yes, you’d have to look at a calendar. | 对,这问题是很难解 要去查看一下月历才行 |
[01:42] | Toby. | 托比? 什么事? |
[01:42] | What? | 电话 |
[01:43] | Phone call. | 电话 |
[01:44] | I’m arguing now. | 我正在跟人辩论 等一下再回电话 |
[01:45] | I’ll call back. | 是华盛顿特区警察 |
[01:45] | It’s the d.c. Police. | 是华盛顿特区警察 |
[01:51] | What do they want? | 他们要干么? |
[01:52] | They want you. Huh. | 他们要找你 |
[01:56] | You got to ask yourself which Is more exciting– | 你扪心自问,哪一个比较兴奋 |
[01:58] | Watching your car roll over from 99,999 to 100,000 | 看着你的车子里程表从 |
[02:02] | Or watching It go from 100 to 101. | 九万九千九百九十九转到十万 还是从一百到一百零一 |
[02:04] | So technically, the millennium’s still a year away. | 所以技术上而言 一年后才是千禧年 |
[02:07] | Yeah, but we’ve made all these plans. | 对,但是我们早都计划好了 |
[02:09] | Donnie, would you tell them I’m on my way over | 道尼,可否告诉他们 |
[02:10] | To see the president? | 我这就去见总统 |
[02:11] | Flamingo’s on her way. | 红鹤已上路了 |
[02:13] | Wha…? What did you call…? | 你叫我…他叫我什么? 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 |
[02:15] | What did he call me? | 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 “白宫风云” |
[03:37] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[03:38] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[03:38] | I’m toby ziegler. | 我是托比齐格 |
[03:40] | Where you been? | 你到哪儿去了? |
[03:41] | I was at the coroner’s office. | 法医室叫我来这儿 |
[03:42] | They told me to come here. | 你认识这个人吗? |
[03:44] | Do you know this man? | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[03:49] | No. | 不认识 |
[03:50] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[03:52] | Yeah. | 是 |
[03:53] | His last name’s hufnagle If that rings a bell. | 他姓贺夫那戈,有印象吗? |
[03:55] | No. | 没有 |
[03:57] | He had a driver’s license on him– expired In 1973. | 他身上有一张驾照 |
[04:00] | Hufnagle, walter. | 一九七三年过期 华特贺夫那戈 |
[04:02] | Why’d you call me? | 你为什么找我? |
[04:03] | He also had your business card. | 他身上还有一张名片 |
[04:07] | Did he? | 是吗? |
[04:10] | You’re toby ziegler. | 你是托比齐格? 是 |
[04:11] | Yeah. | 从白宫来的? 是 |
[04:12] | From the white house. | 从白宫来的? 是 |
[04:13] | Yeah. | 他有你的名片 |
[04:13] | He had your business card. | 他有你的名片 |
[04:19] | That’s my coat. | 那是我的外套 |
[04:21] | I gave that coat to the goodwill, and there must have been… | 我把它送给了善愿协会 他们必定… |
[04:24] | Your card was In It. | 名片在外套里 |
[04:25] | Well, that explains that. Well, thanks for your time. | 原来如此,谢谢你抽空前来 |
[04:31] | Yeah. | 是 |
[04:34] | Listen, this Isn’t a crime scene, Is It? | 这不是一宗犯罪,是吧? |
[04:37] | No, sir. | 不是 |
[04:38] | I got the call an hour ago. | 我一小时前接到电话 |
[04:39] | I went to the coroner’s office. | 到法医室去 |
[04:40] | I’m just wondering why the body’s still here. | 尸体为何还在这儿? 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[04:42] | An ambulance will come by. | 救护车待会儿才会来 |
[04:43] | It’s not a high priority. | 这不是优先处理的案子 |
[04:46] | And then you’re going to call the v.a., right? | 你会打电话给退伍军人会吧? |
[04:49] | The v.a.? | 退伍军人会? |
[04:50] | The tattoo on his forearm, It’s marine battalion– | 他的前臂上有剌青 |
[04:53] | The second of the seventh. | 是海军大队第二分队 |
[04:55] | The guy was In korea. Oh. | 这个人参加过韩战 |
[04:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:05] | Yeah, thanks. | 好,谢谢 圣诞快乐 |
[05:06] | Merry christmas. | 圣诞快乐 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[05:08] | Merry christmas. | 瑞克克里夫兰 导演:亚力克葛拉夫斯 |
[05:27] | Good morning, josh. | 早安,乔西 |
[05:29] | Good morning, donna, and a merry christmas | 早安,唐娜 |
[05:30] | To you and your whole protestant family. | 祝你和你的新教徒家族 圣诞快乐 |
[05:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:33] | As you can see | 谢谢 |
[05:34] | I’ve not yet bought your christmas present. | 你想必知道 我还没买送你的圣诞礼物 |
[05:36] | Yes, and I know you’re agonizing | 是的,我知道你正在烦恼 |
[05:37] | Over how to best express your appreciation | 如何在岁末时节 |
[05:39] | And affection for me at this time of the year. | 对我表达一年来的感恩之情 |
[05:41] | That and how I scrape together the ten bucks. | 对,我居然为你省下了十块钱 |
[05:43] | I’ve prepared a list. | 我已经列了一张清单 |
[05:44] | Of christmas gifts suggestions? Yes. | 圣诞礼物清单? |
[05:46] | Ski pants, ski boots, ski hat, ski goggles | 是的 |
[05:50] | Ski gloves, ski poles. | 滑雪裤、滑雪靴、滑雪帽 滑雪镜、滑雪手套、滑雪杆 |
[05:51] | I’m assuming you already have skis? | 我想你已经有滑雪板了 |
[05:53] | Page two. | 在第二页上 |
[05:54] | Right. | 是 |
[05:56] | Just pick something off the list | 从名单上挑一样东西 |
[05:57] | And, you know, feel free to pick two things. | 挑两样也可以 |
[05:59] | I should feel that freedom. Yes. | 我可以挑两样? |
[06:00] | I want to learn how to ski. | 是的,请便 谢谢 我想学滑雪 为什么? |
[06:02] | Why? I like the equipment. | 我想学滑雪 为什么? |
[06:04] | Okay. | 我喜欢这些行头 好 |
[06:05] | Where you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[06:06] | I need to speak to leo. Why? | 去找里奥 做什么? |
[06:09] | He wants to talk about your christmas present. | 他想和我谈谈你的圣诞礼物 |
[06:11] | Really? | 真的? |
[06:12] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:13] | So you’ll think about the skis. | 你会考虑滑雪板吗? |
[06:15] | Yeah, I’ll give that a lot of thought. | 会,我会认真考虑 |
[06:22] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[06:23] | Leo: Come on back. | 在后面 |
[06:25] | Good morning, josh. | 早安,乔西 |
[06:27] | This Is quite an operation. | 真是大工程啊! |
[06:29] | We like to spread holiday cheer. | 我们喜欢散播佳节的喜悦 |
[06:31] | Who the hell Is this guy | 这是谁?我干嘛要在乎 |
[06:32] | And why do I care If he has a merry christmas? | 他是否圣诞快乐? |
[06:34] | Leo, just sign the damn thing. | 只要签名就好了 |
[06:37] | Leave us alone for a minute. | 你可以离开一下吗? |
[06:39] | We’re not done yet. | 我们还没签完 |
[06:40] | Two minutes. | 两分钟就好了 |
[06:43] | Sorry. | |
[06:48] | I’m tired of waiting for the other shoe to drop. | 我已厌倦等待事情爆发出来 |
[06:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:51] | Lillienfield’s got this Information. | 李林菲德握有此一消息 |
[06:52] | He’s going to hold It till after christmas | 他会在耶诞节后 |
[06:54] | When people are watching. | 国人都在注意的时候才公布 |
[06:55] | I don’t want to tell you too much | 我不想对你透露太多 |
[06:56] | But I want to make an attempt at a preemptive strike. | 但是我想先发制人 |
[07:00] | Well, you got to tell me more than that. | 你得多透露一点让我知道才行 |
[07:03] | Sam knows a girl. | 山姆认识一名女人 我听说了一些谣言 |
[07:05] | I’ve heard rumors. I want to talk to her. | 我想跟她谈谈 不行 |
[07:07] | Nope. Leo… | 里奥… 绝对不要 |
[07:07] | Absolutely not. | 里奥… 绝对不要 |
[07:09] | Something to keep In your pockets. | 我是说…乔西… 我们可以把他掌握在手中… |
[07:11] | I don’t want It In my pocket, | 我不想掌握他,不要你掌握他 |
[07:12] | I don’t want It In your pocket, sam’s pocket | |
[07:14] | And I sure don’t want It In the president’s pocket. | 也不想山姆掌握他 更不想要总统掌握他 |
[07:15] | Lillienfield’s coming down the mountain, leo. | 李林菲德就要掀出底牌了 |
[07:17] | This Is no joke. You don’t have to tell me It’s no joke, josh. | 这可不是开玩笑的 |
[07:20] | It’s my life. | 你不必告诉我这不是玩笑 这是我的人生 |
[07:21] | All I’m saying Is, we don’t do these things. | 我要说的是我们不做这种事 |
[07:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:26] | All right? | 好吧? |
[07:27] | Yeah. | |
[07:28] | Listen, you hear about this kid | 你有听说明尼苏达州 |
[07:30] | In minnesota? | 的那个小孩的事吗? |
[07:31] | No. | 没有 |
[07:32] | A gay high school senior who got beaten up? | 一名同性恋者高三生 被打得很惨 |
[07:35] | Then they stripped him naked, tied him to a tree | 然后被剥光衣服绑在树上 |
[07:38] | And threw rocks and bottles at his head. | 头部遭到石块和空瓶重击 |
[07:41] | You know how old the assailants were? | 你知道这些攻击者几岁? |
[07:43] | Thirteen. | 十三岁 |
[07:48] | Is the kid dead? | 这小孩死了吗? |
[07:49] | He’s In critical condition. | 还没有脱离险境 |
[07:50] | This Is all by way of saying we’re going to have to revisit | 我们应在休假过后 |
[07:53] | Hate crimes legislation after the break. | 重新检视仇恨罪的立法 |
[07:56] | Well, we ought to gauge reaction before we wade In too deep. | 我们应该在深入此事前 评估反应 |
[07:59] | C.j.’s going to send up a test balloon at her briefing. | 茜洁会在简报时放出风声 测试一下反应 |
[08:02] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:05] | Margaret? | 玛格! 是 |
[08:07] | Yes, sir. | 我们把这签完吧 |
[08:08] | Let’s get this over with. | 我们把这签完吧 |
[08:10] | See you later. | 再见 |
[08:11] | Yeah. | 好 |
[08:14] | The president Is scheduled to leave for new hampshire | 总统预订明早十点整 |
[08:17] | Tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. On the dot no holdups, no delays | 前往新罕布夏州 |
[08:20] | Which means he ought to be leaving around noon. | 不延误也不延期 也就是说他大约中午会离开 |
[08:22] | He’ll spend christmas eve at the manchester house | 他会在曼彻斯特家中 度过圣诞前夕 |
[08:24] | And then attend christmas services | 然后早上和家人 |
[08:26] | With his family In the morning. | 一起参加耶诞礼拜 |
[08:27] | C.j.? Is the white house aware | 茜洁? 是的 |
[08:29] | That a high school student was attacked? | 白宫知道一名高中生 遭到攻击的事件吗? |
[08:31] | Yeah. His name Is lowell lydell. | 是的,他叫罗威尔赖德尔 |
[08:32] | He’s 17 years old. | 十七岁,目前情况危急 |
[08:34] | He’s In critical condition at st. Paul memorial hospital | 在圣保罗医学中心急救 |
[08:36] | With a severely fractured skull, massive Internal | 头骨严重破裂,大量内出血 |
[08:39] | Hemorrhaging and various broken bones and lacerations. | 还有骨折和裂伤 |
[08:41] | We’ll keep you updated through local authorities. | 我们会透过当地官方 告知最新消息 |
[08:44] | You think this will revisit debate | 你想此事会不会促使政府 |
[08:45] | On hate crime legislation? | 重新讨论仇恨罪立法的必要 |
[08:46] | Yes, I do, though I suppose the best time to do that | 我想是的 |
[08:48] | Would have been the day before lowell lydell got | 虽然我认为重新讨论的时机 应该是在罗威尔被打破头之前 |
[08:51] | His brains beaten out and not the day after. Who’s next? | 而非之后 下一个问题? |
[08:55] | Walter hufnagle. | 华特贺夫那戈 |
[08:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道、我不知道 |
[09:01] | I don’t know. | |
[09:03] | I’ve been holding on for… | 我已经… |
[09:05] | I say I’ve been holding on for the better part of… | 我是说我已经等了…好久了 |
[09:07] | Sure. Yeah. | |
[09:08] | ( knocking ) | |
[09:09] | Are you busy? | 你在忙吗? |
[09:11] | I’m holding. | 我在等 |
[09:12] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[09:14] | A homeless korean war vet died of exposure | 一名无家可归的韩战退伍军人 |
[09:16] | Out on the mall last night. | 昨晚在广场上被冻死 |
[09:17] | I don’t know If his family’s been contacted. | 我不知道他的家人 是否已接获通知… |
[09:20] | I don’t know what kind of burial. | 我不知道葬礼… |
[09:23] | How do you know him? | 你怎么认识他的? |
[09:24] | I don’t. Then what does It matter to you? | 我不认识他 那跟你有什么关系… |
[09:26] | Don’t worry about It, what do you need? | 别担心,你要做什么? |
[09:28] | This might seem trivial | 相形之下,此事微不足道 |
[09:30] | Under the circumstances. What? | 什么事? |
[09:31] | The santa hats do clash with the dickensian costumes. | 耶诞老人帽确定跟 狄更斯服不搭调 |
[09:36] | It might seem trivial? | 微不足道? |
[09:38] | I… Just keeping you In the loop. | 我只是要跟你说一声 |
[09:40] | Yes, I’m here. Go away. | 是,我还在线上,走吧 |
[09:42] | Yeah, I know. | 是,我知道 |
[09:49] | Josh. | 乔西 什么事? |
[09:50] | Yes. | 乔西 什么事? 我想跟你谈谈 |
[09:51] | I need to talk to you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[09:51] | Donna, I can assure you | 唐娜,我保证会考虑送你 |
[09:53] | I’m giving your christmas list the consideration… | 列在名单上的礼物 |
[09:54] | Seriously. Hmm. | 说真的,里奥怎么了? |
[09:56] | What’s going on with leo? | |
[10:02] | Donna… | 唐娜… |
[10:03] | I just heard something. | 我刚听说… |
[10:05] | From who? | 谁说的? 玛格说的 |
[10:06] | From margaret. | 你们两个人不应该… 是,不过说都已经说了 |
[10:07] | The two of you shouldn’t be… | 你们两个人不应该… 是,不过说都已经说了 |
[10:07] | Yeah, but we did. Donna… | 唐娜… 是真的吗? |
[10:09] | Is It true? | 唐娜… 是真的吗? |
[10:11] | Yeah. | 是 |
[10:14] | Well…? | 唔 |
[10:15] | Well, what? | 唔什么? |
[10:17] | What are you going to do? | 你们要怎么办? |
[10:18] | For the moment, nothing. | 目前我们什么也不做 |
[10:19] | We’re going… Josh… | 看看情况再决定… |
[10:20] | We’re going to wait and see how… Wait and see. | 你们看看情况再决定? |
[10:22] | There’s not much else I can do. We’ll wait and see. | 我能做的实在不多 |
[10:25] | Yes. | 只能看情况再决定? 是的 |
[10:29] | Could you stop looking at me with the face… | 你不要用这种表情看我 行吗? |
[10:31] | It’s my face. Like I just killed your hamster? | 什么表情? 好像我杀了你的宠物鼠似的 |
[10:33] | I just think If the tables were turned… Donna… | 我在想如果换做是… 唐娜… |
[10:36] | If one of us was In trouble, he would be the first person… | 如果我们之中有人有麻烦 他会是第一个… |
[10:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:48] | It was my regular face, josh. | 我的脸平常就是这种表情 |
[10:50] | I wasn’t trying to guilt you. | 我并不想让你不好受 |
[10:52] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:56] | I have to work. | 我要工作了 好 |
[10:57] | ( knocking ) | 我要工作了 |
[10:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:01] | C.j.: okay, kids | 好,小朋友们,千万要记得 |
[11:02] | Remember the drill. | |
[11:03] | In a big voice, you’ll say your name, your grade | 大声说出自己的名字、年级 |
[11:07] | And then you’ll ask the president the question | 然后再问你和老师在 |
[11:09] | That you and your teacher have prepared and written down On your Index card. | 指示卡上写好的问题 |
[11:16] | Okay, how about a big | 好的,当总统走进房间时 |
[11:18] | “Good morning, mr. President” | 大声说一次 |
[11:20] | When he comes In the room? | 早安,总统先生 |
[11:21] | Here we go. | 开始吧 |
[11:23] | Children: Good morning, mr. President! | 早安,总统先生 |
[11:28] | Oh, that sounded pretty weak to me, let’s try It again. | 喔,听起来没力气,再来一次 |
[11:31] | Good morning, mr. President! | 早安,总统先生 |
[11:34] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[11:36] | Now who are all these people making a ruckus | 好多了 |
[11:38] | And tracking up my floor? | 是谁在这里大呼小叫 踩脏了我的地板 |
[11:39] | You. What’s your name? Jeffrey lucas. | 你,你叫什么名字? 杰夫瑞卢卡斯 |
[11:41] | And when are you going to get taller, huh? | 你什么时候才会变高? |
[11:43] | What are you 15, 16 years old? | 你是十五岁还是十六岁? |
[11:45] | I’m seven. All right, then you’re fine. | 我只有七岁 好的,那就没问题 |
[11:48] | All right, let’s go. | 好,我们走吧,走吧,我很忙 |
[11:49] | Come on. I’m a busy man. | |
[11:51] | I am, after all, the president of bulgaria. | 我毕竟是保加利亚总统 |
[11:53] | Children: No! | 不是… |
[11:54] | Now, wait a second, that’s not right. | 等一下,不对 |
[11:55] | I’m not the president of bulgaria. | 我不是保加利亚总统 |
[11:57] | I am the president of luxembourg. | 我是卢森堡大公国总统 |
[12:00] | Children: No! | 不是… |
[12:01] | Hang on. I know I’m the president of something. | 等一下、等一下 我知道我是某国的总统 |
[12:04] | Children: America! | 美国 |
[12:06] | President: Yes, thank you. | 是的,谢谢你,我是美国总统 |
[12:07] | I am the president of the united states of america. | 现在谁有问题? |
[12:10] | Who has a question? Children: Me! | 我… |
[12:12] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的,小姐 |
[12:14] | My name Is jessica hodges, and I’m In the third grade | 我叫洁西卡何吉斯 我现在三年级 |
[12:18] | And this Is my question: | 我的问题是 |
[12:20] | What’s your favorite part about being president? | 你当总统最好的事情是什么? |
[12:22] | President: My favorite part | 当总统最好的事情是什么? |
[12:23] | About being president? | 对 |
[12:25] | Yes. I’m doing It right now. | 就像现在这样 |
[12:26] | Who’s next? Children: Me! | 下一个? 我… |
[12:28] | All right. Wait. Hang on a second. | 好的,等一下 |
[12:31] | All right. | |
[12:32] | Apparently, there’s a group of kids | 显然隔壁房间有一群小孩 |
[12:34] | In the other room that I might like better. | 我可能会比较喜欢 |
[12:36] | Children: No! | 不… |
[12:39] | I’m sorry to Interrupt, but you asked me to keep you posted. | 抱歉打断你 不过你吩咐要我随时通报 |
[12:41] | Yeah. Mm-hmm. | 是 |
[12:42] | Lowell lydell died | 是 |
[12:44] | About 15 minutes ago. | 罗威尔赖德尔在 |
[12:49] | ( sighs ) | 十五分钟前过世了 |
[12:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:58] | Uh, let’s wait a couple of hours. | |
[13:00] | Then I’ll call his parents. | 我会打电话给他父母 |
[13:02] | Yeah. | 是 |
[13:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:10] | All right, now on with the questions. | 好,现在继续回答问题 |
[13:12] | Children: Me! | 等一下,你们称呼我时 |
[13:13] | Now wait a minute. | 等一下,你们称呼我时 |
[13:14] | When you address me, please bear In mind that you | |
[13:15] | Are speaking to his royal majesty, the king of all england. | 请记住你们正在和 大英王国陛下说话 |
[13:19] | Children: No! | 不 |
[13:21] | Well, what was It again? | 是什么地方? |
[13:22] | Children: America! | 美国 |
[13:26] | Yes. | 对了 |
[13:34] | Hey. | |
[13:35] | Hey. | |
[13:36] | Saw your briefing. | 我看了你的简报 |
[13:37] | What’d I do? | 我的表现如何? |
[13:38] | I’m not sure I’d have put my foot on the gas so hard | 我不确定是否该大谈 |
[13:40] | With hate-crimes legislation. | 仇恨罪立法 |
[13:41] | First of all, I barely grazed the gas. | 首先,我几乎没谈到这议题 |
[13:43] | Second of all, why not? | 第二,为何不呢? |
[13:44] | We’re not sure where we stand on this. | 因为我们还不确定 对这件事的立场 |
[13:45] | I know where I stand on this. | 我很明白自己对此事的立场 |
[13:47] | Congratulations, but the rest of us… | 恭喜,但是我们其他人… |
[13:48] | They threw rocks at his head. | 他们丢石头到他头上 |
[13:51] | I understand. I’m just saying… | 我知道,我只是说… |
[13:53] | I’ll keep my foot off the gas. | 我会少谈的 |
[13:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:55] | What’s your secret service code name? | 你的秘勤代号叫什么? |
[13:56] | They just changed them. | 他们刚换过 |
[13:57] | I know. What’s yours? | 我知道,你叫什么? “普林斯顿” |
[13:58] | “Princeton.” Mine’s “Flamingo.” | 我叫“红鹤” |
[14:00] | That’s nice. | 好名字 |
[14:01] | No, It’s not nice. | 不,不好 |
[14:03] | Flamingo’s a nice-looking bird. | 红鹤是漂亮的水鸟 红鹤外表滑稽 |
[14:04] | A flamingo Is a ridiculous-looking bird. | 红鹤是漂亮的水鸟 红鹤外表滑稽 |
[14:06] | you’re not ridiculous-looking. | 你看起来可不滑稽 |
[14:07] | I know I’m not ridiculous-looking. | 我知道我不滑稽 |
[14:09] | Any way for me to get out of this conversation? | 我可以不介入这话题吗? |
[14:11] | I’m going to talk to someone. | 我去找别人谈 |
[14:12] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[14:13] | Hey, sam. How you doing? | 嘿,山姆,你好吗? |
[14:15] | I am going to be In bermuda In 27 hours Is how I’m doing. | 27小时后我就会在百慕达了 |
[14:18] | Where’s toby? | 你说我好不好呢? |
[14:19] | He had to run out of the office. | 托比呢? 他说要出去办事 |
[14:20] | Sam… Hey. | 山姆 嘿 |
[14:22] | You got a second? | 山姆 嘿 你有空吗? 有 |
[14:23] | Yeah. | 你有空吗? 有 |
[14:24] | 83 degrees In bermuda. | 百慕达温度华氏八十三度 山姆 |
[14:25] | Just me, some suntan oil | 只有我、防晒油 |
[14:27] | And 655 pages of briefing memos. | 和655页简报资料 |
[14:29] | I need to ask you something. | 我想问你一件事 |
[14:31] | I need to ask you about your friend. | 我想问关于你朋友的事 |
[14:33] | What happened? | 怎么了? 没有 |
[14:34] | Nothing. | 怎么了? |
[14:35] | Listen… | 没有 |
[14:37] | You would describe her as… | 你会形容她的… |
[14:38] | I’m sorry, what was her name again? | 抱歉,她叫什么名字? |
[14:40] | Laurie. | 洛丽 她很贵吧 |
[14:41] | She’s expensive? | 洛丽 她很贵吧 |
[14:43] | I would have no way of knowing | 乔西,我向你保证 我不知道她的价码 |
[14:44] | How much… I understand… | 我知道,但… 是 |
[14:45] | Yes. Yeah? | 我知道,但… 是 |
[14:47] | Very expensive. | 是吗? 非常贵 |
[14:47] | She’s elite? | 是吗? 非常贵 她是高级应召女? 是的,我们为什么要谈这些? |
[14:49] | Yes. Why are we talking about this? | 她是高级应召女? 是的,我们为什么要谈这些? |
[14:51] | Sam, I need to know | 山姆,我想知道她可不可以 泄露一些名字 |
[14:53] | If she would divulge the name or names | 山姆,我想知道她可不可以 |
[14:55] | Of any Influential republican members of congress | 泄露一些名字 |
[14:59] | That she might’ve… | 在国会具影响力的共和党员 她曾经… |
[14:59] | No way. | 不可能的 山姆… |
[15:00] | Sam… Sam… There’s no way… | 我告诉你,这是不可能的 山姆…有… |
[15:01] | Josh… There’s a thing | 乔西 |
[15:02] | That’s going to happen. | 有事情要发生了 |
[15:03] | What? | 什么事? |
[15:05] | Lillienfield knows That leo’s a recovering alcoholic. | 李林菲德知道里奥曾经酗酒 |
[15:07] | everyone knows leo’s a recovering alcoholic. | 这件事众所皆知 |
[15:10] | But they don’t know that there were pills. | 是,但他们不知道还有药物 |
[15:12] | There was valium. | 是镇静剂 |
[15:13] | He was In rehab. | 他曾经去过戒瘾中心 |
[15:16] | When? | 什么时候? 六年前 |
[15:17] | Six years ago. | 什么时候? 六年前 |
[15:19] | He was secretary of labor six years ago. | 六年前他是劳工部长 |
[15:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:21] | He was high | 他在主管劳工部时服药? 是的 |
[15:22] | When he was running the labor department? | 他在主管劳工部时服药? |
[15:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:27] | And lillienfield knows this? | 李林菲德知道此事? 我相当确定 |
[15:28] | I’m fairly sure. | 李林菲德知道此事? 我相当确定 |
[15:30] | That’s why he started this In the first place. | 这是为什么他要挑起这次风波 |
[15:31] | Lillienfield’s gone hunting. | 李林菲德要一网打尽 |
[15:40] | Sam, we owe leo everything. | 山姆,我们欠里奥太多 |
[15:43] | I mean, everything. | 我是说一切都多亏是他 |
[15:48] | I’ll call her… | 我打电话给她 |
[15:50] | And we’ll go see her together. | 我们一起去找她 |
[15:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:58] | ( sighs ) | |
[16:03] | Charlie… | 查理 什么事? |
[16:03] | Yes, ma’am? | 查理 什么事? |
[16:04] | It’s Important you remind the president | 你一整天都要提醒总统 |
[16:06] | Throughout the day, he’s allergic to eggnog. Sure. | 他对蛋酒过敏,这事很重要 |
[16:08] | Thank you. | 是的 |
[16:09] | This place looks great, doesn’t It? | 谢谢 |
[16:11] | Yeah. | 这地方看起来很棒是吧? 是的 |
[16:13] | I’ve never seen a christmas look like this– | 我从未看过像这样的耶诞节 |
[16:14] | The trees and the lights and everybody singing… | 有圣诞树、灯光,大家唱歌… |
[16:17] | Yeah. | 是的 还有礼物 |
[16:18] | The presents… | 是的 还有礼物 |
[16:20] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:21] | I brought It up ’cause– I don’t know– | 是啊 |
[16:23] | You seem a little down this week. | 我讲这些是因为你这星期 似乎心情有些低落 |
[16:25] | Yeah, I know, charlie. | 是,我知道,查理 |
[16:26] | I tend to get a little down during the holidays. | 我在耶诞假期时 心情总是有些低落 |
[16:29] | You don’t like christmas? | 你不喜欢耶诞节吗? |
[16:30] | I miss my boys. | 我想念我的儿子们 |
[16:32] | I never knew you had kids. | 我不知道你有小孩 |
[16:33] | Twins… Andrew and simon. | 是双胞胎,安德鲁和赛门 |
[16:37] | I tried not to– | 我总是尝试… |
[16:38] | You know, I dressed them differently– | 我总是尝试… |
[16:40] | But they still did everything together. | 我给他们不同的穿着打扮 但他们还是一起做每件事 |
[16:44] | They went off to medical school together | 他们一起上医学院 |
[16:45] | And, then, they finished their second year | 一起完成了二年级学业 |
[16:47] | And, of course, their lottery number came up | 当然他们的征召令 |
[16:49] | At the same time. For the draft? | 也同时到来 |
[16:52] | Yeah. | 你是指征兵? 是的 |
[16:53] | I would’ve thought they could get a deferment | 我以为他们可以得到延召令 |
[16:55] | To finish med school. | 以便念完医学院 |
[16:57] | They didn’t want one. | 他们不想延召 |
[16:59] | Their father and I begged them | 他们父亲和我一直求他们 |
[17:02] | But they wanted to go where people needed doctors. | 但他们想去需要医生的地方 |
[17:05] | Their father and I begged them | |
[17:07] | But you can’t tell kids anything. | 他们父亲和我一直求他们 |
[17:09] | So, they joined up as medics and four months later | 不过孩子就是不听老人言 所以他们加入了医师团 |
[17:13] | They were pinned down during a fight In da nang | 四个月后 |
[17:15] | And were killed by enemy fire. | 他们在大南战役中遭受围困 被敌军射死 |
[17:19] | That was, uh, christmas eve, 1970. | 那是一九七零年圣诞节前夕 |
[17:25] | You know, they were so young, charlie. | 你知道,他们年纪很轻 |
[17:28] | They were your age. | 就跟你一样大 |
[17:33] | It’s hard when that happens so far away, you know | 发生在这么遥远的地方… 是很痛苦的事 |
[17:36] | Because with the noises and the shooting | 你可以想见在枪林弹雨中 |
[17:40] | They had to be so scared. | 他们有多害怕 |
[17:43] | It’s hard not to think that… | 很难不去想 |
[17:44] | Right then, they needed their mother. | 他们当时有多么需要母亲 |
[17:51] | Anyway… | 总之,我想念我的儿子 |
[17:54] | I miss my boys. | |
[18:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:32] | You sign the book? | 你要签名吗? |
[18:34] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[18:35] | Uh, sign the book? | 你说什么? 嗯,在本子上签名? |
[18:39] | Sure. | 当然 |
[18:43] | Uh, you looking | 你在找什么? |
[18:44] | For anything In particular? | 你在找什么? |
[18:45] | No. | 不,不 |
[18:46] | No. | |
[18:48] | I’m not a visitor. | 我不是访客 |
[18:51] | I was, uh… | 我是…我不是警察,我是… |
[18:53] | I’m not the police. | |
[18:54] | I was… | |
[18:55] | A homeless man died this morning near the monument. | 有个流浪汉今天早上 在纪念碑一带过世了 |
[18:59] | Yeah, uh… | 是,天气变冷了… |
[19:00] | When the weather gets down… | 是,天气变冷了… |
[19:02] | Occurred to me that… | 我在想他经常睡在那里 |
[19:04] | Maybe he slept there a lot, maybe… You knew him. | 或许你认识他 |
[19:07] | Yeah, he was one of them. | 对,他是其中一个 |
[19:09] | Was he a friend of yours? | 他是你的朋友吗? |
[19:10] | No. | 不是 我想也不是 |
[19:11] | I didn’t think so. | 不是 我想也不是 |
[19:15] | I’m just trying to… Contact someone that might… | 我只想联络…你知道 |
[19:20] | You know, be Interested that he died. | 是否有人会想知道他过世了 |
[19:25] | He’d usually hang around, uh, capitol and “P.” | 他们通常在首府大道和 P路交叉口闲逛 |
[19:28] | I’d try there. | 去那里试一试 |
[19:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢,你是退伍军人吗? |
[19:32] | Are you a veteran? Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:35] | Toby ziegler. | 我是托比齐格 |
[19:37] | John noonan. | 约翰诺南 |
[19:42] | Merry christmas. | 耶诞快乐 |
[19:44] | Merry christmas. | 耶诞快乐 |
[19:49] | Mandy: a couple of guys. | 只要两个人 不行 |
[19:50] | No. Mr. President, a couple of guys. | 只要两个人 不行 总统先生,只要两个人 别来烦我 |
[19:52] | Leave me alone. | 早安,总统先生 乔西,你现在在做什么? |
[19:53] | Morning, mr. President. | 早安,总统先生 |
[19:54] | What are you doing right now? | 乔西,你现在在做什么? |
[19:55] | Preparing a strategy for the european | 我在准备二月份 |
[19:57] | Economic summit In february. | 欧洲经济高峰会的计划方针 |
[19:59] | Blow It off. | 先暂停一下 好啊 |
[20:00] | Okay. Seriously. | 说真的,休息一小时 |
[20:01] | Take an hour and come shopping with us. | 跟我们去逛街 |
[20:02] | You’re going shopping? He won’t let me send | 你要去逛街? |
[20:04] | Some press along. Leave me alone. | 他不让我找媒体跟随 |
[20:06] | How are you going shopping? | 别来烦我 我不了解,你怎么去逛街? |
[20:08] | I sneak out every now and then. | 我偶尔会偷遛出去 |
[20:09] | You sneak out? | 你偷遛出去? |
[20:10] | Yeah– a couple of agents | 找几个手下 |
[20:12] | An unmarked black suburban | 坐上无标示的黑色轿车 |
[20:13] | They clear the store, I’m In, I’m out… | 他们进去告知店经理 然后清场 |
[20:15] | It’s like nothing ever happened. | 我进去,再出来 仿佛什么事也没发生 |
[20:16] | I never knew this. | 我从来不晓得有这种事 |
[20:17] | Did you know there’s | 你知道白宫有通往外面的 地下隧道? |
[20:18] | An underground tunnel? | 你知道白宫有通往外面的 地下隧道? |
[20:19] | Yes. | 是的 我每天都在找却没找到 |
[20:20] | I haven’t found It | 是的 |
[20:21] | Although I search every day. | 我每天都在找却没找到 |
[20:22] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[20:24] | Place called “Rare books.” | 去一家“珍本”书店 |
[20:25] | Know what they sell? | 你知道他们在卖什么? |
[20:26] | Fishing tackle? | 钓鱼用具? |
[20:28] | Funny boy. | 你真是爱说笑 |
[20:29] | The president Is doing | 总统要赶在耶诞节前 |
[20:30] | Some last-minute christmas shopping At a rare-bookstore | 到珍本书店去购物 |
[20:32] | And he won’t let me send some press along. | 他不让我派媒体跟随 |
[20:34] | Tell her to leave me alone. | 告诉她别烦我,席拉 |
[20:35] | Sheila! | 只要两个人就好了 |
[20:36] | A couple of guys. | 只要两个人就好了 |
[20:37] | This Is a christmas thing, mandy. | 这是我要过的圣诞节,��蒂 |
[20:39] | We don’t have to make hay out of It. | 我们不需要以此来曝光宣传 |
[20:40] | It’s such good hay. You coming? | 这可是绝佳的曝光宣传 你要来吗? |
[20:42] | Hour with you In a rare-bookstore? | 跟你去珍本书店逛一小时? |
[20:44] | Couldn’t you drop me off the top | 你何不把我送到 |
[20:45] | Of the washington monument Instead? | 华盛顿纪念碑顶上去 |
[20:47] | It’s christmas, josh. | 这是耶诞节,乔西 |
[20:48] | No reason we can’t do both. I suppose. | 我们大可两样都做 |
[20:50] | Let’s go shopping! | 我想是吧 我们去逛街吧 |
[20:54] | Hey, c.j…. | 好的,我了解 嘿,茜洁 哈��,丹尼 |
[20:55] | Hello, danny. | 嘿,茜洁 哈��,丹尼 |
[20:56] | I saw the black suburban In back. | 我看到黑色轿车停在后面 |
[20:57] | President’s slipping away? | 总统要溜走,是吗? |
[20:58] | Suddenly realized he forgot your christmas gift. | 他突然想到他忘记帮你买 耶诞礼物 |
[21:01] | How sweet. Yes. | 多周到啊 是的 |
[21:02] | So, I put together a list. | 我拟了一份清单 什么? |
[21:03] | Yeah? | 我拟了一份清单 什么? |
[21:04] | Reasons why you should go out with me. | 条列出你应该跟我约会的理由 |
[21:05] | Really? Yes. | 真的? 是的 |
[21:06] | Give me a few hours to put together | 我告诉你,给我几小时写下 |
[21:08] | A list of reasons I shouldn’t. | 我不该与你约会的理由 |
[21:09] | Then, we’ll compare them and see where we are. | 我们再来比对一下 |
[21:11] | Sounds good. | 看看到底应该怎么办 听起来不错 |
[21:12] | My secret service code name Is “Flamingo.” | 我的密勤代号是红鹤 |
[21:14] | Nice bird. | 不错的水鸟 |
[21:15] | Go away. Okay. | 走吧 |
[21:19] | Hey… | 好 |
[21:20] | Sam… | 山姆 什么事? |
[21:21] | Yeah? | 山姆 什么事? |
[21:22] | What do you and josh have going on tonight? | 你和乔西今晚有事吗? |
[21:24] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[21:27] | I just meant did you want to come over for dinner. | 我是指你们要来我家 吃晚餐吗? |
[21:30] | Oh… Yeah. | 喔,是 |
[21:31] | What did you think I meant? | 你以为我是什么意思? 我今晚要去百慕达 |
[21:32] | I’m going to bermuda tonight. | 你以为我是什么意思? 我今晚要去百慕达 |
[21:34] | Okay… Yeah, that’s right. | 好,很好 什么? |
[21:35] | What? What did you think I meant? | 你以为我是什么意思? |
[21:37] | That’s what I thought you meant. | 就是你所说的意思 |
[21:38] | Then, why did you say, “Nothing” | 如果你今晚要去百慕达 |
[21:39] | If you’re going to bermuda tonight? | 为什么会说没事呢? |
[21:43] | I really don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:45] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[21:45] | But thank you for the Invitation. | 多谢你的邀请 |
[21:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:49] | Sam… What do you and josh have going on tonight? | 山姆 |
[21:52] | Nothing. | 你和乔西今晚有事吗? 没事 |
[22:01] | Ooh… the fables of phaedrus… 1886… | 喔,费多罗斯寓言 |
[22:06] | First edition, red leather label | 一八八六年初版红皮标签 |
[22:08] | Gilt leathering, engraved frontis. | 镶金字体、版刻标题 |
[22:11] | Phaedrus, you know, who was a slave | 费多罗斯原是奴隶 |
[22:13] | But later granted his freedom by augustus | 后来被奥古斯都释放 |
[22:15] | Wrote his animal fables In Iambic verse. | 他以抑扬诗歌写下动物寓言 |
[22:18] | Well, nothing says christmas like | 圣诞节最适合动物寓言诗歌了 |
[22:20] | Animal fables In Iambic verse. | |
[22:21] | That’s what I say. | 正是我所想的 |
[22:23] | A few photographers would’ve killed him? | 带摄影记者随行难道会死吗? |
[22:26] | Let It go. | 别再提了 |
[22:27] | I’m just saying… | 我只是说一说而已 |
[22:28] | Ah, here’s one. One what? | 这里有一本 什么书? |
[22:29] | A book which, If I was stuck with It on a desert Island | 即使我困在荒岛上 |
[22:31] | I still wouldn’t read It– | 也不会看的书 |
[22:33] | the adventures of james capen adams | 詹姆士卡朋亚当斯历险记 |
[22:35] | mountaineer and grizzly bear hunter of california. | 加州登山家和灰熊猎人 |
[22:38] | I believe I would eat this book before I read It. | 我相信我宁可吃了它 也不会翻开来看 |
[22:41] | So, you won’t change your mind? | 你确定不改变心意? |
[22:43] | No. I appreciate It, but… | 不了,我很感谢,但… |
[22:45] | You’re going to sit around | 你要一个人独自待在饭店房间 |
[22:46] | In your hotel room by yourself? | |
[22:47] | I’ve got plenty to do In the office. | 我在办公室里有一堆公事要办 |
[22:48] | Oh, so, you’re going to work on christmas? | 你要在圣诞节上班,很好 |
[22:50] | Good, that makes me feel better. | 我觉得好多了 |
[22:52] | Look… Come to manchester. | 听着… |
[22:53] | Stay at the house. | 到曼彻斯特,待在我的房子 |
[22:54] | Oh, so you can read aloud | 所以你就可以大声朗读 |
[22:55] | From the fables of phaedrus? | 费多罗斯寓言 |
[22:56] | I wasn’t planning on doing that | 我本来没想过 |
[22:58] | But now that you suggest It… | 既然你这么建议… |
[22:59] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[23:00] | Suit yourself. | 随你高兴吧! |
[23:04] | Uh, mr. President… | 总统先生 什么事? |
[23:05] | Yeah? | 总统先生 什么事? |
[23:06] | When you get back from the holiday | 等你放假回来后 |
[23:07] | I’m afraid we’ll have to start talking seriously | 我们恐怕要认真讨论一下 |
[23:10] | About my situation. | 我的问题 |
[23:11] | I’m not worried about It. | 我不担心这件事,里奥 |
[23:12] | I know you’re not, but that doesn’t… | 我不担心这件事,里奥 |
[23:13] | It’ll be fine. | 我知道你不担心,但这并不… |
[23:14] | These things can go away by themselves. | 没事的,这些事自然会消失的 |
[23:16] | No, they can’t, sir, and they usually don’t. | 不会的,这种事向来不会消失 |
[23:19] | I’m going to need an exit strategy | 我希望先想好辞职下台的退路 |
[23:21] | That’ll cause the least embarrassment and turmoil | |
[23:23] | During the mendoza confirmation… | 好让孟道萨确认案 不致于有太多的困扰和骚动 |
[23:25] | I don’t want to talk about an exit strategy. | 好让孟道萨确认案 不致于有太多的困扰和骚动 我不想谈退路 先生… |
[23:28] | Sir… I really don’t. | 我真的不想 |
[23:29] | It’s going to be fine. | 不会有事的 |
[23:31] | Mr. President? Yeah? | 总统先生? 是 |
[23:32] | It’s time. | 总统先生? 是 时候到了 好的 |
[23:33] | All right. | 时候到了 好的 |
[23:34] | You know, zoey Is starting georgetown In two weeks. | 柔伊再两星期 |
[23:36] | I was thinking about getting this | 就要去乔治亚城大学就学 |
[23:38] | For her– the nature of things, a didascalic poem | 我想送她这本“自然的事物” |
[23:40] | translated from the latin of titus lucretius carus. | 翻译自拉丁文的诗集 |
[23:43] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[23:44] | I think she would like that | 我想她会偏好诗集 |
[23:45] | Better than a new stereo, sir. | 胜于一台音响 |
[23:47] | Yeah, ’cause It’s got brown moroccan spine labels. | 是的,因为这是摩洛哥式书脊 |
[23:49] | Why not head for the car and I’ll pay? | 你上车去,我来付书款 |
[23:51] | All right, then. | 好 |
[23:52] | Thank you all. | 好 谢谢,耶诞快乐 |
[23:53] | Merry christmas. | 谢谢,耶诞快乐 |
[23:54] | You heard what I said before, right? | 我之前的话你听进去了吧 |
[23:56] | What? | 什么话? |
[23:58] | In my office this morning? | 今早在我办公室里的话 |
[23:59] | Yeah. | 是 |
[24:01] | Okay? | 好吗? 好 |
[24:02] | Yeah. | 好吗? 好 |
[24:03] | life of epicurus– two volumes. | 两册“伊比鸠鲁人生” |
[24:05] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[24:30] | Excuse me… | 打扰一下 |
[24:33] | Uh… | 打扰一下 |
[24:33] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[24:34] | I was wondering If… By any chance | 不晓得各位是否认识一个 |
[24:37] | You know a man named walter hufnagle. | 叫华特贺夫纳戈的人呢? |
[24:40] | Walter? | 华特? |
[24:42] | Yes. You’re looking | 是的 |
[24:43] | For walter? | 你在找华特? |
[24:45] | I wasn’t looking for him… | 我不是在找他,我是… |
[24:47] | That’s his brother down there. | 他哥哥在那儿! |
[24:52] | Oh. Thank you. | |
[24:54] | What’s the problem? | 谢谢 有什么事吗? |
[24:56] | There’s no problem. | 没有,在最后面吗? |
[24:57] | Uh, he’s… Down on the end? | 是的 |
[24:59] | Yeah. Listen… | 听着,他有一些迟钝 |
[25:02] | He’s a little slow. | |
[25:04] | I mean, he’s all right and everything. | 我是说他还好,只是有些迟钝 |
[25:06] | He’s just a little slow. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:18] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[25:22] | Mr. Hufnagle? | 贺夫纳戈先生? |
[25:25] | I’m george. | 我是乔治 |
[25:28] | Are you, uh, walter hufnagle’s brother? | 你是华特的兄弟? |
[25:32] | Yeah. | 是 |
[25:34] | I’m afraid I have some very bad news. | 我恐怕有坏消息 |
[25:38] | Walter died last night. | 华特昨晚逝世了 |
[25:43] | Aw, geez. | 喔,天啊 |
[25:45] | It was a very cold… Night. | 昨晚天气很冷 |
[25:47] | Yeah. ’cause of the northeasterly wind | 是啊,从奇沙皮克湾 |
[25:50] | Off the chesapeake. | 吹来的东北寒风 |
[25:52] | Everything all right? | 还好吧? |
[25:54] | Walter died. | 华特去世了 |
[25:56] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[25:58] | I’m-I’m toby… I’m toby ziegler. | 我是,我是托比… |
[26:02] | Uh… | 我是托比齐格 |
[26:03] | Walter was wearing my coat | 华特穿着我的外套 |
[26:04] | And It had my business card. | 口袋里有我的名片… |
[26:06] | You want your coat back? | 你要拿回外套吗? |
[26:08] | No. | 不是 |
[26:09] | The northeasterly wind off the chesapeake. | 从奇沙皮克湾吹来的东北风 |
[26:12] | George, did you know your brother fought In korea? | 乔治 你知道你兄弟打过韩战吗? |
[26:15] | Oh, I’m sure he didn’t mean nothing. | 我相信他不是故意的 |
[26:17] | No, no, uh, he… | 不,不,他… |
[26:18] | Sometimes people start things… | 有时人会做一些事… |
[26:20] | No. Uh… | 不,大约四十五年前 |
[26:23] | He was In the marines about 45 years ago. | 他参加过陆战队 |
[26:27] | Yeah… | 是,我好像记得 |
[26:28] | I think I remember. | 是,我好像记得 |
[26:30] | He was given a medal. Yeah? | 他得过勋章 是吗? |
[26:32] | It’s called the purple heart. | 叫做紫心勋章 |
[26:33] | It’s for getting wounded In battle. | 他在战场受伤而获得勋章 |
[26:37] | He was wounded? | 他受了伤? |
[26:38] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:40] | I guess he wasn’t too good at It, huh? | 我想他不擅于打仗 |
[26:42] | No, no, uh… | 不,不,有很多人受伤 |
[26:45] | A lot of people were wounded or even killed. | 甚至被杀 |
[26:49] | Were you there? | 你也在那儿吗? |
[26:53] | No. No. | 不,不 |
[26:56] | Anyway, I… | 总之我不确定是否 |
[27:00] | I wasn’t sure If anyone had, you know, contacted you. | 有任何人跟你联络 |
[27:04] | I… I slept over there at the shelter last night | 我昨晚在庇护所过夜 |
[27:07] | Because of the… | 因为有从奇沙皮克湾 |
[27:08] | Northeasterly wind off the chesapeake. | 吹来的东北风 |
[27:10] | Yeah, It was… It was pretty cold. | 是,天气是很冷 |
[27:12] | Yeah. | 我想那儿的床位不够 |
[27:14] | And… I guess there weren’t enough beds for walter. | 华特没得睡 |
[27:18] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:23] | I’m sorry. | 非常遗憾,晚安 |
[27:27] | Good night. | |
[27:32] | I-I’m sorry. | 我知道这不关我的事 |
[27:34] | This Is absolutely none of my business. | |
[27:36] | Your brother Is entitled | 你兄弟有资格风光下葬 |
[27:38] | To a proper funeral with mourners | 亲友前去致哀 |
[27:40] | And I think he deserves an honor guard | 还有资格由仪仗队送葬 |
[27:42] | And you don’t… You don’t know me | 你不认识我 |
[27:44] | But I’m an In… I’m an Influential person. | 但我颇具影响力 |
[27:48] | I’m a very… Powerful person | 我是有权力的人 |
[27:51] | And I would like to arrange It. | 我想为你安排 |
[27:54] | A funeral? | 葬礼? |
[27:56] | Are you going to be here tomorrow? Yeah. | 你明天会在这儿吗? 会 |
[27:58] | So that If I come and pick you up In the morning | 如果明早我来这儿载你 |
[28:00] | And then I’ll bring you back… | 我会再载你回到这儿… |
[28:02] | I’ll make sure he’s here. Will you? | 我会确定他到这儿来 可以吗? |
[28:07] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:10] | Let me just, uh… | 谢谢 |
[28:12] | Here. Uh… | 让我…请收下 |
[28:14] | Please, just-just take It. | 不,那是你所有的钱 |
[28:15] | No, man, that’s all your money. | 没问题的,收下吧 |
[28:17] | That’s okay. Thank you. You don’t live around here. | 不,你不住在这附近 不用 |
[28:19] | You’ll need It for the bus. | 你需要钱去坐巴士 |
[28:20] | I’m fine. Thanks. Here, take It. | 我没事的,谢谢 |
[28:23] | Really, I’m fine. | 拿回去吧 真的,我没事的 |
[28:25] | You don’t live around here. | 你不住在这附近 |
[28:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:40] | “You’re a reporter. I’m the press secretary. | 你是记者,我是新闻发言人 |
[28:43] | “It’s an unavoidable conflict of Interest. | 我们有无可避免的利害冲突 |
[28:46] | “It would hurt my reputation. “It would hurt your reputation. | 有可能伤及我们彼此的名声 |
[28:49] | Your editors would…” | 你的主编显然… |
[28:50] | C.j.? Yeah? | 你的主编显然… 茜洁 是的 |
[28:52] | What are you doing? I’m reading you my list. | 你在做什么? 我在念我所列的表 |
[28:54] | You really made a list? | 你真的列了表? |
[28:57] | Didn’t you? Sure. | 你没有吗? 当然有 |
[28:59] | You didn’t make a list? Made a list. | 你没有列表? 有,就在这里 |
[29:01] | You said you made a list. | 你说你列了表 |
[29:02] | I made a mental list. | 我在心里列表 |
[29:03] | Well, I made an actual list. | 我用笔列了出来 |
[29:04] | I can see. | 我看得出来 |
[29:05] | What did you come In here for? | 你来这儿做什么? |
[29:07] | To give you your christmas present. | 送你圣诞礼物 |
[29:08] | You gave me a goldfish. | 你已经送了一条金鱼 |
[29:10] | What more could a girl possibly want? | 一个女孩家还会要什么呢? |
[29:18] | Goldfish food. | 鱼饲料 |
[29:19] | I’m going to Ignore your list | 我才不管你列的表 |
[29:21] | ’cause I think It’s ridiculous. | 因为我觉得那很可笑 |
[29:22] | Also, ’cause I’ve got a crush on you. | 还有,我很迷恋你 |
[29:24] | C.j.? | 茜洁? |
[29:26] | Yeah. | 什么事? |
[29:27] | Leo’s here. | 里奥来了 |
[29:28] | See you later. | 再见 |
[29:30] | Hey, danny. Hey, leo. | 嘿,丹尼 嘿,里奥 |
[29:31] | That’s a nice goldfish. | 很漂亮的金鱼 |
[29:33] | Isn’t It? | 可不是吗? |
[29:35] | Happy holidays. | 佳节愉快 |
[29:36] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[29:38] | C.j…. | 茜洁 我一直在拒绝他的追求 |
[29:39] | I’m rebuffing his advances, leo. | 茜洁 我一直在拒绝他的追求 |
[29:41] | Whatever. Listen, dial down the rhetoric | 随便 |
[29:42] | On hate crimes, would you? | 仇恨罪立法的事别再多谈 |
[29:44] | You said float a test balloon. | 你叫我放出风向球 |
[29:45] | Float It, don’t shove It down anyone’s throat. | 放出风向球 但是别说得太明确 |
[29:47] | I don’t know which way we’re going to come down on this. | 我还不知道这件事 我们的立场为何 |
[29:49] | They made him say “Hail marys” As they beat him to death. | 他们一边打他 还要他自我忏悔 |
[29:52] | This was a crime of entertainment. | 这是以杀人为乐的罪行 茜洁 |
[29:53] | C.j…. Beyond the crime Itself | 除罪行本身之外 |
[29:55] | Is a manifestation of racism or sexism | 这还反映出种族歧视 |
[29:58] | Or anti-semitism or homophobia | 性别歧视、反犹太主义 和反同性恋心态 |
[29:59] | That are only the tip of the Iceberg | 这些都是我国诸多 |
[30:01] | Of a pathology troubling this country. | 病态问题的冰山一角 |
[30:03] | I’m aware of all of that. | 这些我都知道 |
[30:04] | I’m just not sure It’s right to legislate | 我只是不确定以立法去规范 |
[30:06] | Against how someone thinks. | 人民的想法是否正确 |
[30:08] | A lot of people aren’t sure, a lot of them work here | 许多人跟我一样不确定 他们都是在这里工作 |
[30:11] | And I’m telling you to dial It down. | 所以我希望你尽量少谈此事 |
[30:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:18] | You have plans yet? | 你有任何计划吗? |
[30:20] | For christmas? | 圣诞节的计划? |
[30:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:23] | My plan Is to do nothing. | 我计划什么也不做 |
[30:24] | You want me to come cook you something? | 你要我去帮你煮些什么吗? |
[30:27] | What are you, my mother? | 你是我的老妈子吗? |
[30:28] | I was just asking. | 我只是随口问问 |
[30:33] | I’ll see you later. | 待会儿见 |
[30:39] | ( knocking ) | |
[30:49] | Hi. Hi. | |
[30:51] | Hi. This Is josh lyman. | 这位是乔西赖曼 |
[30:53] | Hi. Hi. | |
[30:55] | Come In. | 请进 |
[31:04] | Hi. | |
[31:06] | Well, like I said on the phone | 就像我在电话中讲的 我没有很多时间,所以… |
[31:08] | I only have a few minutes, so… Right. | 就像我在电话中讲的 我没有很多时间,所以… |
[31:10] | We’ll get right to the point. | 好的,我们直接切入主题 |
[31:11] | Please. | 请说 |
[31:12] | Right. | 好 |
[31:16] | Here’s what’s going on: | 事情是这样的 |
[31:19] | A guy we work with | 和我们共事的一位同事 |
[31:20] | Is In some trouble. | 有了麻烦 |
[31:22] | We believe a congressman | 一位国会议员准备揭发 |
[31:23] | Is about to expose something about his past | 我同事的过去 |
[31:25] | That’s going to be damaging to him. | 这对他将会是一大伤害 |
[31:27] | And doing what you do | 你所从事的这一行业 |
[31:28] | In the universe In which you do It, we thought | 在你们的圈子里 |
[31:30] | Maybe you could… I could give you the name | 我们想或许你可以… |
[31:32] | Of an Influential republican who likes kinky sex | 我可以告诉你具有古怪性癖好 的重量级共和党员名字 |
[31:34] | So you could scare lillienfield Into shutting up? | 好让你藉此胁迫李林菲德 叫他住嘴 |
[31:36] | I never said It was lillienfield. | 我从未说过是李林菲德 |
[31:38] | Is It lillienfield? | 是李林菲德吗? |
[31:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:42] | This Is for real? | 你是来真的吗? |
[31:44] | This Isn’t a joke of some kind? | 不是开玩笑吗? |
[31:46] | It’s for real. | 是真的 |
[31:51] | Then get out | 那就出去 |
[31:52] | And we’ll pretend this never happened. | 假装这一切没发生过 |
[31:53] | Hey… | 我们是不是见过面? |
[31:55] | Haven’t we met? Yes, we have. | 见过 |
[31:58] | Where? | 在哪儿? |
[31:59] | White house. | 白宫 |
[32:00] | She came to the state dinner with carl everett. | 她陪卡尔艾佛列来吃晚餐 |
[32:02] | Who raised | 他在中西部替巴特勒总统 |
[32:03] | About $5 million In the midwest for bartlet. | 募到五百万元捐款 |
[32:06] | Did you think only republicans paid for sex? | 你以为只有共和党员 才会花钱买乐子 |
[32:08] | Laurie, this really Isn’t… | 洛丽,事情不是这样子 我不相信你居然做这种事 |
[32:11] | What, did you get this out of a book? | 听我说 怎么,你从书上学来的? |
[32:12] | No, It was my Idea. | 这是我的主意 |
[32:13] | Are you the brains of the outfit? | 你算什么?幕后首脑? |
[32:15] | Yeah, I am, and I got to tell you | 对,我是 |
[32:16] | I could care less | 我明白告诉你 |
[32:17] | About your Indignation right now. | 我一点都不在乎你如此愤慨 |
[32:19] | A man has left himself open to the kind of attack | 有个人即将让自己 遭受某种恶意攻击 |
[32:21] | From which men In my business do not recover. | 在我们这一行 这可是永世无法翻身 |
[32:24] | Now, If our tactics seem less than civilized | 或许我们的手段 看起来并不高明 |
[32:26] | It’s because so are our attackers. | 那是因为对方的手段 也好不到哪里去 |
[32:28] | I don’t feel like taking a civics lesson from a hooker! | 无论如何我不想站在这儿 听妓女为我上公民课 |
[32:31] | Josh! We don’t need your cooperation, laurie. | 乔西 我们不需要你的合作 |
[32:33] | Write a check– the I.r.s. Works for me. | 和你往来的男人给你支票 别忘了国税局听我的命令行事 |
[32:36] | Get the hell out of my house. | 滚出我的房子 |
[32:37] | Just give me a name. Do you want money? | 告诉我一个名字就好 你要什么?钱?我给你 |
[32:39] | I’ll give you a name, hop Into the shower | 好,我告诉你一个名字 再回去洗澡 |
[32:41] | And you leave the money on the nightstand. | 你可以把钱放在床头上 怎么样? |
[32:43] | I don’t think he meant… | 我想他并非这个意思… 他是的 |
[32:44] | Yes, he did! | 我想他并非这个意思… 他是的 |
[32:52] | No, I didn’t. | 不,我不是 |
[32:56] | In fact, I’m sorry. | 事实上,我很抱歉 |
[33:03] | I apologize. | 我道歉,刚才实在太无礼了 |
[33:04] | That was… Very rude. | |
[33:13] | We wouldn’t have asked, laurie | 要不是此人对我们意义重大 |
[33:14] | But this person means a lot to us. | 我们是不会来求你的 |
[33:19] | You’re the good guys. | 你们是好人 |
[33:24] | You should act like It. | 就应该有好人的样子 |
[33:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:30] | I have to get dressed now. | 我要去着装了 “十二月二十四日星期五” |
[33:41] | Yeah, but we’re not just talking | 我们谈的可不是到别人家草坪 放火烧十字架 |
[33:42] | About burning a cross on someone’s lawn. | 我们谈的可不是到别人家草坪 |
[33:44] | People are getting killed. | 放火烧十字架 |
[33:45] | And people get punished | 现在是有人惨遭杀害 |
[33:46] | For committing that crime. | 犯了罪自然会受到惩罚 |
[33:47] | Do you also want to start punishing them | 你还要为了他们犯罪时 |
[33:49] | For what’s In their mind When they commit It? | 心中的恶念而处罚他们吗? |
[33:51] | Really? Yes. | 是的 |
[33:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:54] | Who Is this? | 真的? 是的 |
[33:55] | Elizabeth. | 这是谁? 伊莉莎白 |
[33:56] | Who’s elizabeth? | 谁是伊莉莎白? |
[33:57] | Your sister. | 你的姐妹 |
[33:59] | I’m saying | 这不是抽象理论 |
[34:00] | This Isn’t abstract theory. | 这不是抽象理论 |
[34:02] | It’s not enough to say | 光是说我们要保护人权 |
[34:03] | We’re protecting people’s civil rights. We have to actually do It. | 这样一点都不够 |
[34:06] | Plus, It has the added benefit of being good politics. | 我们必须确实去执行 而且这还会有附加的政治利益 |
[34:09] | See, now I’m listening. | 这下我就要洗耳恭听了 |
[34:10] | We’ll get Into It after the break? | 我们休假完后再谈? |
[34:11] | We’ll get Into It after the break. | 我们休假完后再谈 |
[34:14] | Josh: Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[34:15] | Yes. | |
[34:17] | You wanted to see us? | 是 |
[34:18] | Oh, yes, very much. | 你要见我们? |
[34:20] | Should I leave? | 是,迫不及待 我要离开吗? |
[34:22] | As quickly | 尽快离开 |
[34:23] | As possible. | 尽快离开 |
[34:27] | You went and did It? | 你们还是去做了 |
[34:29] | What? | 什么事? |
[34:30] | Exactly what I asked you not to do. | 我要你不要去做的事 |
[34:31] | Leo… | 里奥… |
[34:32] | You saw sam’s friend? | 你去跟山姆的朋友见面 |
[34:33] | How did you know? | 你去跟山姆的朋友见面 你怎么知道… 我派人跟踪你们 |
[34:34] | I had you tailed. | 你怎么知道… |
[34:35] | You had us tailed? | 我派人跟踪你们 |
[34:36] | Yes. | 你派人跟踪我们? 是的 |
[34:37] | Why? | 为什么? |
[34:38] | On the off chance | 为什么? 就是担心你们做蠢事 这是谁的主意? |
[34:39] | That you’re as stupid as you look. | 就是担心你们做蠢事 |
[34:40] | Whose Idea was this? | 这是谁的主意? |
[34:41] | It was… It was mine. | 是我的主意 |
[34:44] | Sam was a reluctant accomplice. | 山姆是被迫的共犯 |
[34:46] | You had us tailed? | 你派人跟踪我们? |
[34:47] | Get over It. | 接受事实吧 她没有提供什么资料 |
[34:48] | She didn’t give us anything. | 接受事实吧 她没有提供什么资料 |
[34:49] | I should hope not. | 我希望没有 里奥… |
[34:50] | Leo… It’s not what we do, josh. | 我希望没有 里奥… |
[34:52] | That may be true, but still… | 我们不做这种事 这是没错,但是… |
[34:53] | It’s not what we do. | 我们不做这种事 |
[34:55] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[34:56] | You should apologize | 你应该向那女孩道歉 已经道了歉 |
[34:58] | To that girl for even asking. | 你应该向那女孩道歉 |
[34:59] | I did. | 已经道了歉 |
[35:00] | Apologize again. | 再去道歉一次 好的 |
[35:01] | Yes, sir. | 再去道歉一次 好的 |
[35:02] | Like, I’m not going to have enough problems | 难道我们的问题还不够多吗? |
[35:03] | Without the keystone cops? We meant well. | 还要你们两位白痴警察捅搂子 |
[35:08] | That supposed to mean something to me? | 我们是出于好意 |
[35:10] | No. | 这对我应该要有特别意义吗? 没有 |
[35:12] | It does. | 的确有 |
[35:16] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[35:19] | Go back to work. | 回去工作 |
[35:20] | It’s christmas eve. | 回去工作 今天是耶诞夜 |
[35:22] | The country Isn’t open on christmas eve? | 这个国家耶诞夜难道不运作吗 |
[35:24] | Fair point. | 说的有道理 |
[35:30] | Leo… | 里奥… |
[35:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:35] | It’s going to get bad before It gets better. | 事情在好转前 通常会变得更糟 |
[35:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:43] | Margaret! | 玛格 |
[35:45] | Let’s get | |
[35:46] | This over with. | 我们把事情给了结吧 |
[35:48] | I’m here christmas. | 圣诞节我会在这儿 |
[35:50] | Okay. Cregg: There’s been no change | 好的 |
[35:55] | In the president’s 10:00 a.m. Departure time | 总统早上十点钟离开的行程 |
[35:57] | So we’re still looking at about noon. | 并没有改变 |
[35:58] | This Is a half-day for us | 所以我们仍然预计 是在中午十二点左右 |
[36:00] | So I’m going to make It a half-day for you, too. | 今天只有半天时间 |
[36:02] | There Is no more news from the white house. | 所以我只给各位半天 |
[36:03] | The lid Is on. | 今天没有其它 |
[36:04] | Have a merry christmas. | 来自白宫的消息,就此封嘴 |
[36:06] | Merry christmas to you, too. | 耶诞快乐 耶诞快乐 |
[36:11] | Hey, fish boy. | 鱼僮 |
[36:15] | Answer me this, and when you do | 回答我一个问题 |
[36:16] | Bear In mind there’s a lot riding on It. | 在你回答时 请记住它事关重大 |
[36:18] | Your answer. On what? | 什么事关重大? 你的答案 |
[36:19] | What’s riding on It? | 什么事关重大? 你的答案 跟什么事有关? 跟我约会的事 |
[36:20] | A date with me. | 跟什么事有关? |
[36:20] | Fire. | 跟我约会的事 |
[36:21] | Isn’t Imposing additional penalties | 问吧 |
[36:23] | For hate-motivated crimes a powerful statement by society | 你不认为对仇恨罪行施加刑罚 |
[36:26] | Against Intolerance? | 是反对社会偏狭心态的 |
[36:27] | No. A crime Is a crime. | 一种强力声明吗? |
[36:28] | One murder Is no worse than another. | 不,犯罪就是犯罪 一个谋杀凶手不会比另一个 谋杀凶手较好或较坏 |
[36:30] | That’s the wrong answer. | 你答错了 |
[36:31] | Punishing people for their beliefs | 你答错了 为了信仰而惩罚人 只会没完没了 |
[36:33] | Is the beginning of the end. | 为了信仰而惩罚人 只会没完没了 |
[36:34] | And you agree with me. | 怎么了?你不同意? 我不同意你的看法 |
[36:35] | I don’t agree with you. | 怎么了?你不同意? |
[36:36] | Okay. | 我不同意你的看法 |
[36:37] | Take me out tonight and convince me. | 好吧 今晚带我出去,说服我 |
[36:39] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[36:40] | You heard me. | 你说什么? 你听到了 我没听到,我注意力没集中 |
[36:41] | I didn’t, because | 你听到了 |
[36:42] | I was distracted by a thing. | 我没听到,我注意力没集中 |
[36:43] | I’m not going to say It again. | 我不会再说一次的 |
[36:45] | Then I’m going to assume | |
[36:46] | You asked me out. | 那我就认定你要约我出去 |
[36:49] | I didn’t ask you out. | 我没有约你出去 |
[36:50] | You asked me out about 49 times | 是你约我四十九次了 |
[36:52] | And I’m saying yes to one of them. Okay. | 我只是答应其中的一次 |
[36:55] | You understand we’re having dinner, right? | 你知道我们只是一起吃饭吧? |
[36:56] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[36:57] | We’re not having a fling. | 我们不是在约会 我知道 |
[36:58] | I understand. | 我们不是在约会 我知道 |
[36:59] | This Is a business dinner. | 这纯粹是公事晚餐 |
[37:00] | In fact, bring your notebook. | 把你的笔记本带来 |
[37:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:02] | My secret service name Is “Flamingo.” That’s nice. | 我的秘勤代号是红鹤 |
[37:06] | I have to feed my fish. | 很好的名字 我要去喂鱼了 |
[37:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:11] | Hey, danny. | 嘿,丹尼 嘿,乔西 |
[37:12] | Hey, josh. | 嘿,丹尼 嘿,乔西 |
[37:13] | How’s It going? | 还好吗? |
[37:15] | Hard to say. | 很难说 |
[37:16] | Okay. | 很难说 好 |
[37:17] | Okay. | 好 好 |
[37:20] | heinrich breckengruber | 作者海瑞奇 高山滑雪之艺术和技术 |
[37:22] | on the art and artistry of alpine skiing. | 作者海瑞奇 高山滑雪之艺术和技术 |
[37:25] | It’s got a molted calf cover | 小牛皮封面和原版褐色封皮 我不知道该说什么 我在里面写了字 别情绪激动 |
[37:27] | And original drab boards. | |
[37:30] | I don’t know what to say. | |
[37:32] | I wrote a note Inside. | |
[37:42] | Don’t get emotional. | |
[37:46] | Donna, don’t get… | |
[37:48] | You know, try and maintain some sort of… | 唐娜,请保持… |
[37:53] | You see? | 你看,你大部分时间… |
[37:54] | You spend most | 你看,你大部分时间… |
[37:55] | Of your time being, you know… You… | 都是一副死德性 |
[37:59] | And then you write something like this to me. | 然后你写了这些话给我 |
[38:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:07] | I meant It. | 我说真的 |
[38:10] | Skis would have killed you? | 送滑雪板会要你的命吗? |
[38:14] | Yeah. | |
[38:15] | Okay. | 是 |
[38:30] | ( crowd applauding ) | 好吧 |
[38:35] | Hello. | 哈�� |
[38:37] | Welcome to the white house. | 欢迎来到白宫 |
[38:40] | Good morning. | |
[38:41] | Welcome to the white house. | 早安,欢迎到白宫 |
[38:47] | Good morning, toby. | 早安,托比 早安,蓝丁汉太太 |
[38:48] | Good morning, mrs. Landingham. | 早安,托比 早安,蓝丁汉太太 |
[38:49] | The president would like to see you. | 总统要见你 我知道 |
[38:50] | I know. | 总统要见你 我知道 |
[38:52] | Did you use his name to arrange a military funeral | 你是否以他的名义帮一位 |
[38:54] | For a homeless veteran? | 无家可归的退伍军人 |
[38:55] | Yes. | 安排军方葬礼? 是的 |
[38:57] | You shouldn’t have done that, toby. | 你不应该这么做,托比 |
[38:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:01] | You absolutely should not have done that. | 你真的不该那样做 |
[39:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:08] | The president’s In the mural room. | 总统在壁画室里 |
[39:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:16] | ( choir singing holiday music) | 如果我只提… |
[39:25] | How would It be If I just mentioned…? | 不 |
[39:27] | No. | 独自在书店做圣诞节采购? |
[39:28] | Christmas shopping on your own at a bookstore? Deal with It. | 你自己处理 |
[39:38] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[39:43] | Merry christmas, mr. President. | 圣诞快乐,总统先生 |
[39:44] | Merry christmas, nancy. | 圣诞快乐,总统先生 圣诞快乐,南茜 |
[39:46] | Merry christmas, nancy. | 圣诞快乐,南茜 |
[39:57] | Yes. Hi. | 嗨 是的 |
[39:58] | How you doing? | 你好吗? 我还好,谢谢 |
[39:59] | I’m fine, thank you, sir. | 你好吗? 我还好,谢谢 |
[40:00] | Apparently, I’ve arranged | 显然我为某人安排了仪仗队 |
[40:02] | For an honor guard for somebody. Yes, sir. I’m sorry. | 是的,很抱歉… |
[40:05] | No, no. Just tell me | 不,不,告诉我 |
[40:06] | Is there anything else I’ve arranged for? | 不,不,告诉我 有没有其他事 也替我安排好的? |
[40:08] | We’re still In nato, right? | 我们还在北大西洋公约组织 |
[40:10] | Yes, sir. | 对吧? |
[40:11] | What’s going on? | 对 是怎么回事? |
[40:14] | A homeless man died last night– a korean war veteran | 一名流浪汉昨晚过世了 |
[40:17] | Who was wearing a coat I gave to the goodwill. | 一名曾经参加韩战的退伍军人 |
[40:20] | It had my card In It. | 身上穿着我捐给善愿会的外套 |
[40:21] | You’re not responsible… | 里面有我的名片 |
[40:22] | It took an hour and 20 minutes | 托比,你不需要为此负责 |
[40:24] | For the ambulance to get there. | 花了一小时二十分救护车才到 |
[40:25] | A lance corporal, united states marine corps | 美国陆战队第二分队准下士 |
[40:27] | Second of the seventh. | |
[40:28] | I got better treatment at panmunjom. | 我在板门店得到的照顾 都比他要好 |
[40:30] | Toby, If we start pulling strings like this | 我在板门店得到的照顾 都比他要好 托比,如果我们都像这样 动用特权 |
[40:33] | You don’t think every homeless veteran | 你不觉得全国各地无家可归的 |
[40:34] | Will come out of the woodwork? | 退伍军人都会冒出来吗? |
[40:36] | I can only hope, sir. | 希望如此 |
[40:42] | When Is this thing? | 什么时候开始? |
[40:44] | I’m going to pick up his brother and go there now. | 我现在要去接他的兄弟 |
[40:48] | ( knocking ) | 然后去参加葬礼 |
[40:49] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[40:51] | Sir, your absence In the other room | 隔壁房间里大家都注意到 |
[40:53] | Is conspicuous. | 你的缺席 |
[40:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:10] | Toby? | 托比 |
[41:15] | I’d like to come along. | 我想跟你一起去 |
[41:18] | ( choir singing ): pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[41:23] | I am a poor boy, too | |
[41:26] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[41:31] | I have no gift to bring | |
[41:34] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[41:39] | that’s fit to give my king | |
[41:43] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[41:45] | rum pum-pum pum | |
[41:47] | rum pum-pum pum | |
[41:51] | shall I play for you | |
[41:54] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[41:59] | on my drum? | |
[42:14] | mary nodded | |
[42:17] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[42:22] | the ox and lamb kept time | |
[42:25] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[42:31] | I played my drum for him | |
[42:34] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[42:39] | I played my best for him | |
[42:41] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[42:45] | rum pum-pum pum | |
[42:47] | rum pum-pum pum | |
[42:51] | then he smiled at me | |
[42:54] | pa rum pum-pum pum | |
[42:59] | me and my drum | |
[43:07] | rum pum-pum pum. |