时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | What’s going on? | |
[00:06] | Claypool’s got a copy of your records from rehab. | 出了什么事? 克莱卜从戒瘾中心拿到 一份你的病历 |
[00:08] | We’re here for whatever you need. | 我们是来支持你的 |
[00:10] | I didn’t ask you out. | 我没约你出去,你约我49次 |
[00:11] | She asked me out about 49 times And I’m saying yes to one of them. | 我只是答应你其中一次 |
[00:15] | Do you by any chance like opera? | 你喜欢歌剧吗? |
[00:16] | You’re asking me out on a date. | 你找我出去约会? 不是 |
[00:18] | No. | 我和多数人一样 对中国平剧非常狂热 |
[00:19] | Like most people | 我和多数人一样 |
[00:20] | I am a nut for chinese opera, and what with | 对中国平剧非常狂热 |
[00:22] | Your guarantee there won’t be sex | 加上你保证 事后不会有肌肤之亲 |
[00:23] | I don’t see how i could say no. | 我没有理由拒绝 |
[00:24] | I’m lord john marbry. | 请容我自我介绍 我是约翰马布里爵士 |
[00:26] | I was summoned by your president. | 是贵国总统召我前来的 |
[00:28] | We’ve met ten or 12 times. | 我们见过十来次了 |
[00:30] | The world is coming apart at the seams. | 世界即将分崩离析 |
[00:32] | Thank god you sent for me. | 谢天谢地你们找我来 “鞠躬尽瘁” |
[00:40] | President: with nearly 18 million new jobs | “星期一晚上” 将近一千八百万个 新的就业机会 |
[00:44] | Wages rising at more than twice the rate of inflation | 薪资涨幅为通货膨胀率两倍 |
[00:47] | The highest home ownership in history | 有史以来最高的自有住宅率 |
[00:49] | The smallest welfare rolls in 30 years | 三十年来最少的 救济金发放名额 |
[00:52] | And the lowest peacetime unemployment since 1957 | 自一九五七年以来 最低的承平时期失业率 |
[00:57] | I stand before you to report that america has created | 我在此向各位报告 |
[01:00] | The longest peacetime economic expansion in our history. | 我们创造了美国有史以来 承平时期为期最长的经济成长 |
[01:06] | For the first time in three decades | 三十年来 |
[01:08] | The budget is balanced. | 首度达到政府预算平衡 |
[01:09] | From a deficit of $290 million just ten year… | 从短短十年前的 两亿九千万预算赤字… |
[01:13] | Billion dollars. | 两百九十亿… 什么? |
[01:14] | What? | 两百九十亿赤字 我刚说什么? |
[01:15] | $290 billion. | 两百九十亿赤字 |
[01:16] | What did i say? | 我刚说什么? |
[01:17] | You said million | 你说两亿九千万,请继续 |
[01:18] | But let’s move on. | |
[01:20] | I said million? | 我说两亿九千万? |
[01:21] | Yup. | 对 |
[01:22] | From a deficit of $290 billion just ten… | 从短短十年前的 两亿九千万的预算赤字… |
[01:26] | It says million on the teleprompter, by the way. | 字幕机上写的是两亿九千万 |
[01:29] | Sam. | 山姆? 我们的错 |
[01:30] | Our fault. | 我们重新开始 |
[01:31] | Let’s take it back. | 我们重新开始 |
[01:32] | ( coughing ) | |
[01:35] | Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice president | 议长先生,副总统先生 |
[01:39] | Members of the 106th congress… | 106届的国会议员们 |
[01:41] | He doesn’t look so good. | 他看起来气色不对 |
[01:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:44] | He’s pale and he’s sweating. | 他脸色发白,直冒冷汗 |
[01:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:46] | Think he’s getting sick? | 你想他生病了吗? 我不知道 |
[01:47] | I don’t know. | 你想他生病了吗? 我不知道 |
[01:48] | Are his glands swollen? | 他的扁桃腺肿大了吗? |
[01:50] | Damn. what? | 糟糕 怎么了? |
[01:52] | You know what i forgot to do today? | 你知道我今天忘了做什么事? 什么事? |
[01:53] | What? | 我忘了摸总统的扁桃腺 |
[01:55] | I forgot to feel the president’s glands. | 我忘了摸总统的扁桃腺 |
[01:56] | Do you think the joke reflex you use as a defense mechanism | 你认为用说笑话 来当做防御手段 |
[02:00] | Is why you have so much trouble keeping a man? | 是否就是你 无法留住男人的原因? |
[02:02] | You know… | 你知道… |
[02:03] | I’m saying we’re 44 hours away | 我是说只剩44小时 |
[02:05] | From the state of the union | 就要向国会提出国情咨文 |
[02:06] | And he doesn’t look so good. | 结果他却病了 |
[02:08] | …and how do we make the american dream | 我们要如何让国人梦想成真 |
[02:10] | Of opportunity a reality for all? | |
[02:13] | I came to this hallowed chamber one year ago… | 一年前我来到这空洞的房间 |
[02:16] | And i see we’re spelling “Hallowed” | 字幕机上“空洞”这字中间 |
[02:18] | With a pound sign in the middle of it. | 有个井字号 |
[02:19] | We’ll fix that. | 我们会修正的 |
[02:20] | The pound sign’s silent? | 井字号不发音吗? |
[02:22] | Move on, Mr. President. | 请继续,总统先生 |
[02:24] | I came to this hallowed chamber one year ago on a mission: | 一年前我身负一项任务 来到这空洞的房间 |
[02:28] | To restore the american dream for all our people | 重现所有人民的梦想 |
[02:31] | As we gaze at the vast horizon of possibilities open to us | 因为我们看见辽阔的地平线上 展现无限的机会 |
[02:35] | In the 321st century. | 在三百二十一世纪… |
[02:38] | Wow, that was ambitious of me, wasn’t it? | 哇,我可真是野心勃勃 |
[02:41] | Leo… | 里奥… |
[02:42] | Let’s take a break. | 我们休息一下 |
[02:43] | We meant “Stronger” here, right? | 这字应该是“更富强”吧? |
[02:45] | What’s it say? | 上面写什么? |
[02:47] | “I’m proud to report our country’s stranger | 我引以为傲地宣布 |
[02:48] | Than it was a year ago.” | 我们国家比一年前“更奇怪” |
[02:50] | That’s a typo. | 打错了 |
[02:51] | Could go either way. | 两个字都说得通 |
[02:52] | Sam… | 山姆… 我会处理的 |
[02:53] | It’s taken care of. | 山姆… 我会处理的 |
[02:55] | Mr. President… yes, sir. | 总统先生… 什么事? |
[02:56] | How do you feel? | 总统先生… 什么事? 你觉得如何? 为何今天每个人都问我这问题 |
[02:57] | Why is everyone asking me that today? | 你觉得如何? 为何今天每个人都问我这问题 |
[02:59] | Well, you don’t look so good. | 你看起来气色不太好 我没事 |
[03:01] | I’m fine. | 你脸色苍白,一直冒汗 我没事 |
[03:01] | You’re pale and perspiring. | 你脸色苍白,一直冒汗 我没事 |
[03:03] | I’m fine! | 你应该吃药的 |
[03:04] | You should be taking something, sir. | 我吃了很多药,茜洁 |
[03:06] | I’m taking many things, c.j. | 你吃了什么? |
[03:07] | What are you taking? | 我不知道,我太太给我药丸 |
[03:09] | I don’t know. My wife hands me pills, i swallow them with water. | 我喝水一口吞下去 |
[03:12] | Sir… vitamin c, vitamin b… | 维他命C、维他命B |
[03:14] | Is it possible I’m taking something called “Euthanasia”? | 我是不是还服了一种 紫什么花的药? |
[03:16] | Echinacea. | 紫锥花? 听起来比较像,托比… |
[03:17] | That sounds more like it. Toby? | 紫锥花? 听起来比较像,托比… |
[03:19] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统先生 总统先生… |
[03:20] | Mr. President… | 是的,总统先生 总统先生… |
[03:21] | I’m taking pills, c.j. | 我有吃药,茜洁 |
[03:22] | Are you actually taking them | 你是真的吃了还是只把药 |
[03:24] | Or are you just carrying them around in your pocket? | 放在口袋里随身携带? |
[03:26] | You know, carrying them around in my pocket | 随身携带 对我已是很大的进步了 |
[03:29] | Was a pretty big step for me. | 你必须吃药 |
[03:30] | You got to take the pills. | 你必须吃药 托比 什么事? |
[03:32] | Toby… yeah? | “如何让所有努力不懈 |
[03:33] | “How do we make the american dream A reality for all who work for it?” | 的国人梦想成真” |
[03:36] | Oh, come on. you’ve got to add “Who work for it.” | 拜托… |
[03:38] | Josh: that was me. | 你非要加入“努力不懈”吗? |
[03:39] | Sir, we decided this two months ago. | 稿子是我写的 我们两个月前就决定了 |
[03:41] | We’ve seen some pretty compelling polling samples. | 我们看到一些 一面倒的民调数字 |
[03:43] | We need “People who will work for it” | 我们需要“努力不懈的人” |
[03:45] | No. and I’ll tell you what else: | 我再告诉你一点 |
[03:46] | The era of big government is over. | 伟大政府的时代过去了 |
[03:47] | Oh, when did this happen? | 这事什么时候发生的? |
[03:48] | This morning. we had a meeting. | 今天上午,我们开会时 |
[03:50] | We decided to offend poor people? | 我们决定要得罪穷人? |
[03:52] | The people we’re offending | 我们得罪的人 不会看国情咨文转播 |
[03:53] | Won’t be watching the state of the union. | 是啊,难怪他们不看 |
[03:55] | Yeah, i can’t imagine why not. | 他们想听的是福利改革 |
[03:57] | It’s what they’re listening for | 所以管他去的 |
[03:58] | On welfare reform, so screw it. | 好,等半夜有鬼来找你时 |
[03:59] | But when you get visited in the middle night By the ghost of christmas future | 别来找我 |
[04:02] | Don’t come running to me. | 真要命,托比 |
[04:04] | You’re exactly who | 我会去找的人就是你 |
[04:05] | I was going to come running to. | 你气色不太好 |
[04:06] | You don’t look so good. | 你气色不太好 |
[04:08] | Well, I’m gazing into the 321st century, man. | 我在展望321世纪 心头重担太大了… |
[04:11] | There’s a lot on my mind. | 我们快做个了结 总统先生… |
[04:12] | Let’s finish up in here. | 我们快做个了结 总统先生… |
[04:14] | Mr. President… | 天啊,我会吃药,茜洁 |
[04:15] | Oh, dear god, i will take the pills, c.j. Will you take them now? | 现在吃好吗? |
[04:17] | Yes. I will go into the oval office | 好,我会走进椭圆办公室 |
[04:19] | And pour a glass of water from the steuben glass pitcher | 从基督教慈善组织送的 水晶玻璃水瓶里 |
[04:21] | A gift from the christian charity network. | 倒水出来配药吃 总统先生… |
[04:24] | Mr. President… | 我只是提醒各位 别叫我小气先生 |
[04:25] | Before you start calling me ebenezer bartlet | 我只是提醒各位 别叫我小气先生 |
[04:28] | Remember, i got a really nice glass pitcher | 别忘了,我因为做人好 |
[04:31] | For just, you know, being a good guy. | 所以得到一只精美的水晶瓶 |
[04:32] | Well, you turned me right around on that one, Mr. President. | 你让我无言以对 |
[04:35] | Sir… | 总统先生… |
[04:35] | I will take the pills. | 我会吃药 |
[04:38] | You know, here’s a thing: | 有件事你们知道吧 |
[04:41] | We haven’t been invited. | 我们还没受到邀请 |
[04:42] | Josh: what do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[04:44] | Technically, the speaker of the house invites | 照理说国会议长要邀请总统 |
[04:45] | The president to deliver the state of the union. | 去发表国情咨文 |
[04:47] | And we haven’t been invited yet. | 我们还没受到邀请? |
[04:49] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[04:51] | Is somebody seeing to this? | 谁去处理这件事好吗? |
[04:52] | I’ll take care of it. | 我去处理 |
[04:54] | Good, ’cause we want to report | 很好,因为我们想向国人报告 |
[04:55] | The country’s a lot stranger Than it was a year ago. | 我们国家比一年前更奇怪 |
[04:58] | ( laughs ) | 我永世不得超生 |
[04:59] | I’ll never live it down. | 我永世不得超生 |
[05:00] | ( laughs ) | |
[05:02] | ( glass and metal crashing ) | |
[05:07] | Leo: get a doctor! | 快找医生来 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 “白宫风云” |
[06:00] | Man: well, his temperature’s 101.9. | 他的体温是101.9度 |
[06:01] | I’m fairly sure he’s got the flu | 我确定他感冒了 |
[06:04] | But i want to take him to bethesda for a cardiogram. | 但我要送他去医院 做心电图检验 |
[06:07] | I don’t need a cardiogram. | 我不需要做心电图检验 |
[06:09] | Let’s go. i got dizzy. | 走吧 我只是头晕 |
[06:10] | We’re going to the hospital. | 我们到医院去 |
[06:12] | I didn’t have a heart attack, leo. | 我不是心脏病发作,里奥 |
[06:13] | I got the flu. | 我患了感冒 |
[06:15] | I don’t need a cardiogram. | 我不需要作心电图检验 |
[06:16] | I also want blood work | 我还要给你验血和照胸部X光 |
[06:18] | And a chest x ray. | |
[06:19] | Think it’s pneumonia? | 你认为是肺炎? |
[06:21] | No. I think it’s the flu | 我认为是感冒 |
[06:22] | But i don’t want to fool around. | 但我不想掉以轻心 |
[06:23] | Leo, I’m fine. | 里奥,我没事 |
[06:25] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[06:26] | Thank you, mrs. Landingham. | 谢谢你,蓝丁汉太太 |
[06:28] | Mrs. Landingham, how do i look to you? | 蓝丁汉太太 你觉得我看起来如何? |
[06:31] | You’re a very handsome man, Mr. President. | 你是帅哥,总统先生 |
[06:32] | You see? | 你看吧 |
[06:35] | What do you think? | 你看如何? |
[06:36] | It can wait until morning, but i want | 明天早上再说好了 |
[06:38] | To stay with him another hour or two. | 但我要再陪他一两小时 |
[06:39] | Do the blood work, send it to the lab | 明天再抽血送检 |
[06:42] | Get the cardiogram and chest x ray tomorrow. | 做心电图和照胸部X光 |
[06:44] | Sure. | 是啊 你上床去睡觉 |
[06:45] | You’re going to bed. | 还不行 总统先生… |
[06:47] | Can’t yet. Mr. President… | 战情室还有事 |
[06:48] | Situation. | 战情室还有事 |
[06:50] | All right, let’s do this | 好,先把这件事办好 |
[06:52] | And then you’re getting into bed. | 然后送你上床睡觉 |
[06:54] | We’ll meet you in the residence | 我们几分钟后在官邸见 |
[06:56] | In a few minutes. | 开个小玩笑 |
[06:57] | Whoa! whoa! Just a little joke. | 你真会搞笑,总统先生 |
[07:02] | You’re a real cutup. | 101.9度的高烧 |
[07:03] | 101.9 and i still got it. | 仍不忘搞笑 |
[07:06] | Yes, indeed, sir. | 没错,总统先生 |
[07:08] | I’m going to tell him steady but not egregious, sir. | 我要告诉他稳定但不过份 大家都同意吧? |
[07:11] | We’re all okay with that? | 是的,长官 |
[07:13] | Yes, sir. yeah. | 上将 你有什么消息? |
[07:14] | Admiral… | 上将 你有什么消息? |
[07:14] | What do you got? | 第二、第三、103 |
[07:16] | We’ve got the second, the third, 103rd, 106th and 107th. | |
[07:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:21] | Anyone know if the celtics won tonight? | 有人知道 塞尔提克队今晚的战绩吗? |
[07:24] | We can get that information, sir. | 我们可以马上查 |
[07:25] | What’s going on? | 情况如何? |
[07:27] | Sir, there have been steady but not egregious clashes | 停火线沿线有些稳定 |
[07:29] | Along the cease-fire line. | 但不过份的小冲突 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[07:31] | If you look at the photo-recon analysis | 请看相片的侦察分析 |
[07:33] | You’ll see india’s moved new units | 可以看到印度增派新部队 |
[07:36] | Into their force structures at the border. | 移至边界的军事建筑里 |
[07:37] | It was a two-week cease-fire. | 为期两周的停火期 还有四天届满 |
[07:39] | There’s four days left. | 他们在预做准备 |
[07:40] | Sir, they’re getting ready. | 他们在预做准备 |
[07:42] | What’s intel saying about the pakistanis? | 巴基斯坦方面 情报单位怎么说? |
[07:44] | They’re desperately concerned | 他们极度关切 |
[07:45] | That if the indians continue their offensive | 万一印度持续挑衅 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[07:47] | They won’t be able to defend the capital with conventional force. | 他们无法以传统武力防卫首都 |
[07:50] | Is this whining or is this for real? | 这是无端呻吟还是真有其事? |
[07:52] | Bazin’s given command control of some of their nuclear weapons | 巴辛已将部分核武控制权 |
[07:55] | To field commanders in theatre | 交给战区司令官 |
[07:57] | But i think they’re just trying to get our attention. | 但我认为他们只是想 引起我们的注意 我注意到了 |
[07:59] | They got mine. | 中国也注意到了 |
[08:00] | And they’ve got china’s. | 中国也注意到了 |
[08:02] | Sir, I’m going to scramble the b-1s out of manila | 我要让马尼拉的B 1轰炸机 |
[08:04] | And put the 49th tactical and recon on ready-alert. | 紧急起飞 四十九侦查队待命警戒 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[08:06] | I’m going to bed | 我要上床睡觉了 导演:艾琳山佛 |
[08:08] | But somebody call me if there’s movement. | 有动静的话,马上叫我 |
[08:10] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统先生 |
[08:14] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 什么事? |
[08:16] | Yeah? | 塞尔提克队在延长赛中输了 |
[08:17] | Celtics lost in overtime. | 晚安 |
[08:18] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[08:20] | All: thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[08:23] | Oh, it was very cute. | 从前那样好可爱 |
[08:24] | So, i grow the rest of the beard back? | 你要我把胡子留长? |
[08:26] | Yeah. okay. | 是啊 |
[08:27] | Hello. | 好 |
[08:28] | C.j., don’t you think danny looked very cute | 西洁,你说丹尼胡子留长 |
[08:31] | With the full beard? | 是不是很可爱? |
[08:32] | I’ve actually never thought about it. | 我从来没想过 不急,慢慢来 |
[08:34] | Well, take your time. | 你要干嘛 |
[08:35] | What do you need? | 我只是过来看我的鱼 |
[08:36] | I just came by to see my fish. | 鱼很好,我要用我的办公室 |
[08:37] | The fish is fine | 鱼很好,我要用我的办公室 |
[08:38] | And i need my office. | 你要我走? 是的 |
[08:39] | Yes. I’m leaving? | 你要我走? 是的 好吧 晚安 |
[08:41] | Good night. okay. Good night. | 晚安 |
[08:48] | He gave me a fish a few weeks ago– | 他几星期前送我一只鱼 那边的那一只 |
[08:50] | That one there. | 茜洁,你对他客气一点 不会要你的命吧 |
[08:51] | It wouldn’t kill you | 茜洁,你对他客气一点 不会要你的命吧 |
[08:52] | To be friendlier to him. | 你似乎也还活得好好的 |
[08:54] | Doesn’t seem to kill you. | 你似乎也还活得好好的 |
[08:55] | C.j.! | 茜洁… |
[08:56] | What do you need? | 你有什么事? |
[08:57] | Are you kidding me? | 你在跟我开玩笑吗? 是的 |
[08:58] | Yes. | 西洁… 我在跟你开玩笑 |
[09:00] | C.j…. i was kidding. | 你的表情好严肃 |
[09:01] | You sounded serious. I’m very dry. | 我心情不好 |
[09:02] | The story’s going | 消息明天会曝光 里奥的事? |
[09:04] | To break tomorrow. | 消息明天会曝光 里奥的事? |
[09:05] | Leo? yeah. | 对 你怎么知道? 已经上网路了 整件事? |
[09:06] | How do you know? | 已经上网路了 整件事? |
[09:07] | It’s on the internet. | 对 |
[09:08] | The whole thing? yeah. I’ll go see him. | 我去告诉他 |
[09:10] | We weren’t invited? | 我们没受到邀请? 对 |
[09:11] | That’s right. | 我以为宪法上的规定 |
[09:13] | I thought it was a constitutional requirement. | 没错 |
[09:14] | It is. | 那我们何必要受邀? |
[09:16] | Then why do we have to be invited? | 这只是技术性细节 我不… |
[09:17] | It’s a technicality. | 这是从前国会留下的规矩 你要我怎么办 |
[09:18] | I don’t get… | 这是从前国会留下的规矩 |
[09:19] | It dates back to parliament. What do you want from me? | 你要我怎么办 |
[09:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:24] | Also remind josh to pick a guy. | 对了,提醒乔西挑个人 |
[09:26] | “Pick a guy”? | 挑个人? 对 |
[09:27] | Yeah. | 挑个人? |
[09:28] | He’ll know what that means? | 对 |
[09:31] | Yeah. | 他知道这是什么意思? 对 |
[09:33] | ’cause i don’t know. | 因为我不知道… 玛格 |
[09:35] | Margaret! okay. | 好 |
[09:38] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[09:39] | Oh, hey, c.j. Hey. | 茜洁 |
[09:42] | What’s going on? | 有事吗? |
[09:43] | How’s the president? | 总统情况如何? |
[09:45] | He’s in bed. | 他上床睡觉了 海克在楼上陪着他 |
[09:46] | Hacket’s up there with him. | 第一夫人知道吗? |
[09:47] | Does the first lady know? | 第一夫人知道吗? 她取消行程,正从 安德鲁空军基地赶回来 |
[09:48] | She canceled the trip. | 她取消行程,正从 |
[09:49] | She’s on her way back from andrews. | 安德鲁空军基地赶回来 |
[09:53] | Leo… | 里奥 |
[09:54] | It’s going to break… tomorrow? | 消息要曝光了,明天吗? |
[09:57] | Yeah. It’s on the internet right now. | 对,已经上网路了 |
[10:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:02] | Why don’t we do a preemptive… yeah. | 我们何不先发制人… |
[10:04] | You’ll talk to the press in the morning. yeah. | 好 你明天一早召开记者会 |
[10:07] | I’m going to work with you first, okay? | 好 我会先跟你练习一下好吗? |
[10:09] | Yeah. | 好 |
[10:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:14] | Okay. | 很好 |
[10:20] | President: it tested very well. | 排练结果很好 |
[10:22] | I’m not saying we’re doing it, toby. | 托比,我不是说 我们真要这么做 |
[10:24] | I just want to try it and see how it reads. | 我只是想试试 看念出来效果如何 |
[10:26] | “The era of big government is over.” | “伟大政府的时代结束了” |
[10:29] | All right, thanks. | 好,谢谢 |
[10:33] | How are you feeling, sir? | 你感觉如何?总统先生 |
[10:34] | I’m feeling roughly the same as i was feeling | 和四分钟前你问我时 |
[10:37] | When you asked me four minutes ago. | 差不了多少 |
[10:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 没关系,这不是我最怕的事 查理 |
[10:40] | That’s okay. | 没关系,这不是我最怕的事 |
[10:41] | This isn’t the worst of it, charlie. | 查理 |
[10:43] | The worst of it’s coming | 我最怕的人 |
[10:44] | Up the stairs right now. Abbey: hello. | 现在正走上楼梯来 |
[10:49] | Hello. | 晚安,夫人 查理,你好 |
[10:50] | Good evening, ma’am. | 晚安,夫人 |
[10:51] | Hey, charlie, how you doing? | 查理,你好 |
[10:53] | Ma’am, I’m admiral hacket. | 夫人,我是海克海军上将 |
[10:54] | I was on duty when it happened. | 事发时由我当班 |
[10:56] | Good to meet you, admiral. | 很高兴认识你,将军 |
[10:57] | Charlie, would you mind getting my bag, please? | 查理,请替我拿提袋好吗? |
[10:59] | Abbey… | 艾碧… |
[11:01] | ( sighs ) | |
[11:02] | Yeah. | 101.9度 是的,夫人 |
[11:03] | “101.9”? | 101.9度 是的,夫人 |
[11:04] | Yes, ma’am. | 最后一次量是什么时候? 约一小时前 |
[11:05] | When’s the last time you checked? | 最后一次量是什么时候? 约一小时前 |
[11:06] | About an hour ago. | 脉搏和血压呢? |
[11:07] | Pulse and pressure? | 晕倒时血压降低 |
[11:09] | The pressure dropped before he fainted | 不过现在回升了 |
[11:11] | But it’s coming back. | 是的 |
[11:11] | “105/70.” | |
[11:12] | Yes. | 我要给他注射 |
[11:14] | I want to put him on an i.v. Saline and vitamin solution. | 生理食盐水和维他命 |
[11:17] | Honey, you still dizzy? | 亲爱的,你头还晕吗? |
[11:18] | I was wondering when you would notice me. | 我正在纳闷你何时才会 注意到我 |
[11:21] | No. are you still dizzy? | 你头还晕吗? 不会 |
[11:22] | He’s lying. | 他在骗人 给他FLUMADINE |
[11:23] | Give him flumadine. | 一百毫克,一天两次 是的,夫人 |
[11:24] | 100 milligrams | 一百毫克,一天两次 是的,夫人 |
[11:25] | Twice a day. yes, ma’am. | 谢谢你,上将 |
[11:26] | Thank you, admiral. | 请到外面等一下好吗? |
[11:27] | Would you mind waiting outside? | 好的,夫人 谢谢,查理 |
[11:28] | No, ma’am. | 谢谢,查理 |
[11:30] | Charlie, would you mind waiting outside for a minute? | 查理,请到外面等一下好吗 |
[11:33] | No, ma’am. Do you need anything? | 好的,夫人,你需要什么吗? |
[11:34] | No. Thanks very much. | 不用,多谢你 |
[11:36] | You’re very sexy | 你当医生的样子好性感 |
[11:38] | When you’re in doctor mode, you know that? | 你知道吗? |
[11:40] | “Get me an i.v. Saline solution | 给我生理食盐水和 |
[11:43] | And 100 milligrams of flumadine, stat.” | 一百毫克FLUMADINE 马上去办 |
[11:46] | I could jump you right now. | 我现在就想扑到你身上 |
[11:49] | I could kill you right now. | 我现在就想杀死你 |
[11:51] | My thing’s more fun. | 我的建议比较好玩 |
[11:52] | It took you 25 minutes to call me. | 事情发生二十五分钟 你才打电话给我 |
[11:55] | Fitzwallace called me to the situation room. | 费兹华勒士要我到战情室去 |
[11:58] | There was more movement in kashmir. | 喀什米尔又有军事活动 |
[12:00] | I don’t care if canada invaded michigan, jed. You call me. | 就算加拿大入侵密西根 我也不管,你打电话给我 |
[12:04] | Abbey… | 艾碧… |
[12:05] | Stop talking. | 别说话 |
[12:07] | I broke the steuben glass pitcher in the oval office. | 我打破了椭圆办公室的 水晶玻璃水瓶 |
[12:11] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[12:13] | Seriously, abbey, I’m fine. | 说正格的,艾碧,我没事 |
[12:18] | You could’ve hit your head | 你的头很可能会去撞到 |
[12:20] | On something. ( groans ) Well, i didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[12:29] | Was it like the time in nantucket? | 是不是和南塔科岛那次一样? |
[12:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:33] | Or was it more like the time at my parents’? | 还是在我父母亲家那次? |
[12:35] | I really don’t remember. | 我真的记不得了 |
[12:38] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[12:42] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛,一会儿就会睡着 |
[12:44] | You’re going to be asleep in a minute. | 华勒士说巴基斯坦已将部分 |
[12:46] | Fitzwallace said the pakistanis have given command-control Of some nuclear weapons to the field. | 核武控制权交给战区指挥官 |
[12:55] | It’s okay. | 里奥在,你放心睡吧 |
[12:56] | Leo’s in the west wing. | |
[12:58] | Just go to sleep. | 打破水瓶我真的很抱歉 我正要吃你给我的药 |
[12:59] | I’m really sorry about the pitcher. | 打破水瓶我真的很抱歉 |
[13:02] | I was taking the pills you gave me. | 我正要吃你给我的药 睡吧,宝贝 |
[13:04] | Just go to sleep. | 我现在就可以扑到你身上 |
[13:06] | I could jump you right now. | 是啊,那当然 |
[13:07] | Yeah, sure you could. | “星期二上午” |
[13:33] | Josh: i don’t think it’s being sorted | 我想不会由收发室处理 |
[13:35] | In the mailroom. | |
[13:36] | It’s an invitation to the president | 那是邀请总统 |
[13:38] | To address congress. | 前往国会演讲的信函 |
[13:39] | I’m assuming it was hand delivered. | 我想应该是专人送来才对 |
[13:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:44] | Yes. | 玛格来过 然后呢? |
[13:45] | Margaret came by. | 她说里奥要你挑个人 好 |
[13:46] | Yes! | 她说里奥要你挑个人 |
[13:46] | She said leo said to remind you You need to pick a guy. | 好 |
[13:49] | Said you’d know what that means. | 她说你知道那是什么意思 对 |
[13:50] | Yeah. | 你知道那是什么意思吗? 知道 |
[13:51] | Do you know what that means? yeah. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[13:53] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[13:54] | Someone from the line of succession | 总统继位人选中有一人 |
[13:56] | Is required to be absent from the state of the union. | 不能去国会听国情咨文 |
[13:58] | Why? | 为什么? 唐娜… |
[13:59] | Donna… | 慢着,我知道原因了 是的 |
[14:00] | Wait, i know why. yes. | 若有人把整栋大楼炸掉 还有人能… |
[14:01] | So if somebody blows up the building… yes. | 是的 |
[14:03] | Who you going to pick? | 你要挑谁? 你认为我该挑谁? |
[14:04] | Who do you think i should pick? | 我认为你该挑我 |
[14:05] | I think you should pick me. | 我认为你该挑我 |
[14:07] | You think so? | 是吗? 对,我会很称职 |
[14:08] | Yeah. I’d be good. | 你在继任人选名单中 |
[14:09] | And where exactly | 排行老几? |
[14:10] | Do you fall in the line of succession? | 若有人在国情咨文发表时 |
[14:11] | If somebody blows up the capitol building | 炸掉国会大厦 |
[14:13] | During the state of the union | 我的排名会往前移几位 |
[14:14] | I’d imagine I’d move up a few slots. | |
[14:16] | Fair point. | 有道理 你要选谁? |
[14:17] | So who’s it going to be? | 罗杰崔比 |
[14:18] | Roger tribby. | 农业部长? |
[14:19] | The secretary of agriculture? | 是的 今天对玛格和里奥好一点 |
[14:20] | Yes. Listen… | 是的 |
[14:21] | Be sweet to margaret and leo today. | 今天对玛格和里奥好一点 |
[14:23] | This may not be the worst day of their lives | 今天或许不是 他们一生中最难过的一天 |
[14:25] | But it’s got to be in the top five. | 但铁定是前五名 好 |
[14:27] | Okay. | 回头见 |
[14:28] | See you later. | 回头见 |
[14:32] | Leo: “I deeply regret the pain | 对于所有关心我的人 |
[14:35] | And trouble this has caused for the people in my life.” | 因为此事所引起的痛心和苦恼 我深表遗憾 |
[14:39] | When you left sierra tucson | 离开土桑山勒戒所后 |
[14:41] | Did you start attending meetings? | 你是否开始参加聚会? |
[14:43] | A.a. Meetings? | 无名戒酒聚会? |
[14:44] | C.j.: don’t say a.a. | 无名戒酒聚会? 别说无名戒酒会 他们没说,你也不要说 |
[14:45] | If they don’t say a.a. | 别说无名戒酒会 他们没说,你也不要说 |
[14:46] | Josh: when you left sierra tucson | 离开土桑山勒戒中心后 |
[14:48] | Did you start attending meetings? | 你是否开始参加聚会? |
[14:50] | Yes. | 是的 现在还参加吗? 是的 |
[14:51] | Do you still attend them? | 现在还参加吗? |
[14:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:56] | Where? | 在哪里? |
[14:58] | I won’t answer that. | 这我不回答 |
[15:01] | How often? | 多久一次? |
[15:02] | I won’t answer that, either. | 这我也不回答 |
[15:04] | Josh: how about… | 就说“视情况需要而定”如何 |
[15:05] | “As often as i need to”? | |
[15:07] | “Need”? | “需要”? 他说得对 |
[15:08] | He’s right. don’t answer it. | 别回答 还有呢? 总统知道吗? |
[15:09] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[15:10] | Has the president known? | 总统知道吗? |
[15:12] | The president and i have a long history | 总统和我情谊深远,私交甚笃 |
[15:14] | And a very close personal relationship. | |
[15:17] | You didn’t answer the question. | 你答非所问 |
[15:18] | The president has known | 总统知道,联邦调查局 |
[15:20] | As well as the fbi and the secret service. | 密勤局也都知道 |
[15:23] | Did they raise any objection to a man | 他们是否反对有此毛病的人 |
[15:25] | With your problem being in such a sensitive position? | 担任这么敏感的职务? |
[15:27] | Yeah. They were concerned | 是啊,他们担心我会为了毒品 |
[15:29] | I’d sell state secrets to bolivia | 把国家机密卖给玻利维亚 |
[15:31] | For a quick… it’s not a totally | 这问题并非太过份 |
[15:32] | Unreasonable question. | 这问题并非太过份 |
[15:35] | Yeah, I’m all set. | 我都准备好了 |
[15:39] | Okay. | |
[15:40] | Leo, i wrote a draft | 里奥,我为总统写了一份 |
[15:42] | Of the president’s statement of support. | 支持声明草稿,你要不要… |
[15:43] | You might want to… what did you do? | 你写了什么? |
[15:45] | Drafted the president’s statement of support. Who told you to do that? | 总统支持声明草稿 |
[15:49] | Leo, the president’s in no condition… | 谁要你这么做的? 总统目前的状况无法… |
[15:51] | I know what condition he’s in. | 他的状况我知道,我问的是 |
[15:52] | I’m asking, who told you To write a statement of support? | 谁要你写支持声明的? |
[15:55] | Toby told him to… | 托比昨晚要他… 不必有人要我写 |
[15:56] | Nobody had to tell me. | 托比昨晚要他… |
[15:57] | You’re about to get attacked. | 不必有人要我写 |
[15:59] | It’s what i do. | 你即将遭受恶意攻击 这是我的工作 |
[16:00] | No, your job isn’t to protect me, sam. | 不,你的工作不是保护我 |
[16:02] | It’s to protect the president. | 山姆,是保护总统 |
[16:04] | Leo… do me a favor, sam. | 里奥… 帮我个忙,山姆 |
[16:06] | Don’t show initiative. | 别表现主动,别急着为我辩护 |
[16:07] | Don’t rush to my defense. | |
[16:09] | I don’t want to see you on crossfire | 我不想见到你遭池鱼之殃 |
[16:11] | Or on larry king. | 我不要看到你上电视接受访问 |
[16:12] | I don’t want to read your name | 也不要在新闻周刊上 看见你的名字 |
[16:13] | In newsweek, unless it is in advocacy | 除非是在宣扬总统的理念 |
[16:16] | Of the president’s agenda. | |
[16:19] | I go down, i go down. | 要下台,我一个人走 |
[16:21] | I’m not taking anyone with me. Is that clear? | 我不要牵连任何人,明白吗? |
[16:26] | Yes, sir. | 知道,长官 |
[16:30] | I’m all set. Go back to work. | 我准备好了,回去工作 |
[16:44] | Well, the good news is, your temperature’s gone down. | 好消息是你的烧退了 我可以去办公室吗? |
[16:48] | Can i go to the office? | 不行 为什么不行? |
[16:49] | No. why not? | 不行 为什么不行? |
[16:50] | It hasn’t gone down enough | 烧没完全退,待会又会升上去 |
[16:51] | And it’s going to go back up again. | |
[16:53] | Why? | 为什么? |
[16:53] | ’cause you have the flu. Here’s the thing, though: | 因为你感冒了 |
[16:57] | I never really saw you study while you were in med school. | 我有个问题 你读医学院时 我从没看过你读书 |
[17:01] | Deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[17:03] | Do you even know what you’re listening for right now? | 你知道你现在听的声音 |
[17:05] | ( inhaling ) | 是什么吗? |
[17:06] | Do you know how many other people | 你知道我可以嫁的人 |
[17:08] | I could’ve married? | 有多少个吗? |
[17:09] | How many? | 多少个? |
[17:10] | Shh. | |
[17:12] | I’m going to the office. | 我要去办公室了 |
[17:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:17] | Really? Feel free. | 真的? |
[17:19] | Okay. Uh-oh. | 请便 |
[17:26] | Anything else? | 还有其他问题吗? |
[17:28] | ( groans ) | |
[17:30] | All right. | 我想在床上多躺一会 |
[17:32] | I think I’ll stay here for a little bit. Okay. | 好 |
[17:38] | Leo? | 里奥 |
[17:39] | Mm-hmm? | 记者在外面等着 谢谢 |
[17:40] | They’re ready for you. | 记者在外面等着 谢谢 |
[17:41] | Thank you. | 你需要什么吗? 不用 |
[17:42] | You need anything? | 你需要什么吗? |
[17:43] | No. ( shutters clicking ) | 不用 |
[17:51] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[17:52] | Reporters: good morning. | |
[17:54] | A story which many, if not most of you | 今天结束前,各位大部分人 |
[17:56] | Are aware of already Will break in wide circulation by the end of the day. | 都已知道的事将全面曝光 |
[18:01] | I’d like to take this opportunity | 在回答各位问题前 |
[18:03] | To read a brief statement Before i answer your questions. | 我要藉此机会先念一段声明 |
[18:09] | “In june of 1993, i voluntarily admitted myself | 一九九三年六月 |
[18:13] | “To the sierra tucson rehabilitation facility | 我自愿到土桑山勒戒中心 |
[18:16] | To treat an addiction to alcohol and valium.” ( shutters clicking ) | 治疗对酒精和镇静剂的瘾习 |
[18:25] | “I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. | 我是个恢复中的酗酒和嗜药者 |
[18:28] | ( shutters clicking ) | |
[18:31] | “I deeply regret the pain and trouble | 就此事对关心我的人 所造成的痛心和苦恼 |
[18:33] | “This has caused for the people in my life. | 我深表懊悔 |
[18:36] | I’d like to, at this point, clarify a few things…” | 现在我要澄清几个疑点 |
[18:42] | Donna: roger tribby. | 罗杰崔比 |
[18:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:46] | I don’t know why you’re picking | 我不懂你为何要挑农业部长 |
[18:47] | The secretary of agriculture. | 因为国务卿、司法、国防 财政等部长都是名人 |
[18:48] | Because the attorney general | 因为国务卿、司法、国防 |
[18:49] | The secretaries of state, defense and the treasury | 财政等部长都是名人 |
[18:51] | Are famous faces and we want the camera to find them. | 我们希望摄影机能找到他们 |
[18:54] | So if the capitol building blows up… | 万一国会大厦爆炸的话… 是的 |
[18:55] | Yes. | 我的国人能够仰仗的 |
[18:56] | The man my country will be looking to | 就是农业部长 |
[18:58] | Is the secretary of agriculture. | 也是我的国人 但那时候你死了 |
[18:59] | It’s my country, too. | 也是我的国人 但那时候你死了 |
[19:00] | But you’ll be dead. | 这就是我不太在乎的原因 乔西… |
[19:01] | Which is why i don’t care that much. | 这就是我不太在乎的原因 乔西… |
[19:03] | Josh… | 唐娜,我真的不认为 |
[19:04] | Donna, i don’t anticipate The capitol building exploding. | 国会大厦会爆炸… |
[19:07] | What percentage of things exploding have been anticipated? | 爆炸事件能被预期的机率 有多少? |
[19:09] | Now you’re bringing me down. | 你说得我忧心忡忡 |
[19:10] | I would think so. | 我想是应该的 |
[19:12] | Sam. | 山姆 |
[19:13] | Yeah. | |
[19:15] | I thought he did well. | 我觉得他表现得很好 |
[19:16] | Yeah, he did. | 对,很好 |
[19:18] | I read the statement you wrote for the president… | 我看过你为总统写的支持声明 |
[19:20] | Sensational, sam. | 文情并茂,很遗憾没人能看到 |
[19:22] | I’m sorry no one’s going to read it. | |
[19:23] | The president’s going to read it. | 总统会看,他现在就在看 |
[19:25] | He’s reading it right now. | |
[19:26] | Sam… | 山姆… 我不在乎 |
[19:27] | I don’t care. | 里奥会杀了我们 我不在乎,你呢? |
[19:28] | Leo’s going to kill us. | 里奥会杀了我们 |
[19:29] | I don’t care. Do you? | 我不在乎,你呢? |
[19:32] | Nah. | 不在乎 |
[19:34] | Man: toby, we’re concerned that the speech | 托比,我们担心 演讲稿中有若干论点 |
[19:36] | Contains a number of positions | 国会里的民主党议员 |
[19:37] | That democrats in congress Aren’t quite on board with yet. | 恐怕无法接受 |
[19:40] | They’re free to write their own speech. | 他们大可撰写 他们自己的演讲稿 |
[19:42] | I understand, but they’re the ones | 我了解,但一年之后 |
[19:44] | Who are going to have to run against this A year from now. | 要受承此一后果的是他们 |
[19:47] | What are your concerns? | 你担心的是什么? |
[19:49] | We feel, even in this draft… | 我们觉得在这草稿中… |
[19:50] | And you’ve made some progress. | 你已大有进步了 |
[19:52] | Yes, but even in this draft | 是的,在这份草稿里 |
[19:54] | There’s too much emphasis placed On the role of the federal government. | 太过强调联邦政府的角色 |
[19:58] | I’ve pared down… | 我已经减少了… |
[19:59] | We know. ( sighs ) | 我们知道 |
[20:03] | ( clears throat ) | |
[20:05] | This is an opportunity for a pep rally. | 这是加油打气,为政府作宣传 |
[20:08] | This is an opportunity to trumpet government. | 的大好机会 |
[20:11] | Why pretend to be sorry | 我们何必为政令宣传 |
[20:12] | For intruding? | 假装过意不去? |
[20:14] | Because that’s what people want to hear. | 因为那是人民想听的 |
[20:16] | So I’ve been told. | 这是你们自己说的 |
[20:17] | Toby… | 托比… 你们何不挑出一段,跟我争辩 |
[20:19] | Pick your section of the speech | 你们何不挑出一段,跟我争辩 |
[20:20] | Fight with me about it, I’ll lose, and i call in | 我辩输后 就能请下组人士进来 |
[20:22] | The next group. now, you understand… | 你明白… |
[20:24] | Pick a section. | 选一段 |
[20:27] | There’s a line waiting outside. | 外面还有好多人在排队 |
[20:29] | I’ve got 31 hours to-to finish writing this… | 我只有31小时来完成讲稿 |
[20:34] | We don’t… federal funding | 我们不… |
[20:35] | For the arts. | 联邦艺术补助金 |
[20:39] | The n.e.a. | NEA(国家艺术补助金) 请各位翻到二十二页 |
[20:41] | ( heavy sigh ) | 里奥,玛勒理来了 好 |
[20:43] | Let us open our hymnals to page 22. | |
[20:46] | ( chuckling ) | |
[20:52] | ( no audio ) | |
[21:04] | Leo? | |
[21:06] | Yeah. | |
[21:07] | Mallory’s here. | |
[21:08] | Okay. | |
[21:10] | Thanks. Dad! | 爸… 嗨,女儿 |
[21:12] | Hey, mal. | 你没事吧 我很好 |
[21:13] | Are you okay? I’m fine. | 你没事吧 我很好 |
[21:15] | You told me your press conference | 你告诉我记者会是在下午 |
[21:16] | Would be this afternoon. | 我告诉你我不知道,可能是… |
[21:18] | I told you i didn’t know, that it probably… I wanted to be there. | 我想到场的 |
[21:20] | It’s okay. | 不来没关系 |
[21:21] | No, it’s not. Mom and i should’ve been there. | 有关系,妈和我应该到场的 |
[21:24] | Yes, definitely a picture of me | 是啊,我站在分居妻子身旁 |
[21:25] | Standing next to my estranged wife… | 这画面真是… |
[21:26] | Dad. mallory. | 爸… 玛勒理… |
[21:28] | I don’t want to fight with you. | 我不想跟你吵架 |
[21:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:33] | Anyway… | 总之… |
[21:35] | I saw a copy of the president’s statement. | 总之… |
[21:37] | What statement? | 我看到总统的支持声明了 什么声明? |
[21:38] | For the press. | 发给记者表明支持你 |
[21:39] | Supporting you. It’s floating around. | 到处都是 |
[21:42] | “It’s floating around.” | 到处都是? |
[21:43] | It’s very moving, dad. | 好感人,爸,他对你情深义重 |
[21:45] | He loves you so much. | |
[21:46] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[21:51] | Page one and two. | 山姆 |
[21:52] | Sam… yeah. | 山姆 情况如何? |
[21:54] | Where are we at? | 情况如何? |
[21:55] | Uh, we’re getting slapped around on the n.e.a. | 我们在国家艺术补助金上 被修理得很惨 |
[21:57] | Oh, man! Why is he…? | 天啊,为什么他… 乔西… |
[21:58] | Josh. | 连国家艺术补助金他都要吵? |
[21:59] | On the n.e.a., he’s putting up a fight? | 连国家艺术补助金他都要吵? |
[22:01] | You did it again. | 你们还是做了 里奥… |
[22:03] | Leo. you did it again. | 你们还是做了 |
[22:05] | I understand your being pissed off… | 我了解你生气 是因为我们背着你… |
[22:06] | Has the president seen it? | 总统看过吗? |
[22:08] | Yes, and he… | 有,他还… |
[22:09] | Who gave it to him? | 是谁给他看的? 里奥 |
[22:10] | Leo… | 是谁给他看的? 是我 |
[22:11] | who gave it to him? | 是谁给他看的? 是我 |
[22:12] | I did. i did. | 是我 |
[22:14] | What, you’re giving me abbott and costello? | 你们俩在唱双簧吗? |
[22:16] | I did. | 是我 |
[22:18] | I told you… | 我明明告诉你… |
[22:21] | They want to tear you down, plain and simple. | 他们要毁掉你,就这么简单 |
[22:23] | They don’t like you, so this is what they do. | 他们不喜欢你,所以就耍这套 |
[22:25] | And for us not to defend you… | 要我们不为你说话… |
[22:27] | I disobeyed you. i apologize. | 我违抗了你,我道歉 |
[22:30] | But that’s the way it is. leo… | 但我们不能袖手不管 |
[22:32] | Yeah. | 里奥,总统夫人在你办公室 |
[22:33] | The first lady’s in your office. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:42] | This is not what i wanted. | 这不是我想要的 |
[22:51] | Ah-ha-ah. abbey… | 艾碧… |
[22:52] | You’ve got an itch for sam seaborn. | 你对山姆希朋有点心动 |
[22:54] | I do not have an itch. | 我才没有 |
[22:55] | A little itch. | 有一点心动 |
[22:56] | Abbey, he… | 艾碧… |
[22:58] | Want a nickel’s worth of free advice? | 要我提供一点免费建议吗? |
[22:59] | Sure. Don’t go for the geniuses. | 好啊 |
[23:02] | They never want to sleep. Hey. | 别爱上天才,他们从不睡觉 |
[23:06] | Oh, leo. Hi. | 里奥,对不起 |
[23:08] | I hope i didn’t take you away from something. | 希望我没打扰你 |
[23:10] | Oh, no, no, no. | 没有…玛勒理,你不介意吧 |
[23:11] | Mallory, would you mind…? | 我没有心动 |
[23:12] | I do not have an itch! Mallory! | 玛勒理… |
[23:14] | I’m going. | 我要走了 |
[23:16] | Bye, sweetie. | 再见,小乖 |
[23:17] | Bye, daddy. ( groans ) | 再见,爹地 |
[23:27] | You did good today. | 你今天表现不错 |
[23:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:32] | Mallory’s very proud of you. | 玛勒理为你感到很骄傲 |
[23:34] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[23:36] | Leo, i came by because i wanted to ask you: | 我来是想问你 |
[23:38] | Do you think there’s a huge downside To postponing for a few days? | 延期几天会有不利影响吗? |
[23:41] | Did the fever go back up? | 他又发烧了吗? |
[23:43] | No, it’s going down. | 没有,烧退了 |
[23:44] | Abbey… | 艾碧 |
[23:45] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[23:47] | Nothing. uh, like i say… | 没事,我刚才在说… |
[23:48] | What should i know that i don’t know? | 什么事我该知但却不知的? |
[23:50] | I just thought we should be | 我只是认为我们应该小心一点 |
[23:52] | On the safe side. why’d you cancel your trip? | 你为何取消行程? 因为他… |
[23:53] | Because he has… | 因为总统发烧? |
[23:55] | Because the president has a temperature. Well, the president’s not in nursery school. | 总统又不是三岁小孩 |
[24:00] | Look, if it’s a problem to postpone, then… | 如果延期有困难的话… |
[24:03] | It’s not a problem to postpone. | 延期没有困难 |
[24:06] | Of course, i wouldn’t do anything To jeopardize the president’s health. | 我当然不会危害总统的健康 |
[24:10] | What I’m saying… | 我的意思是… |
[24:11] | Leo, please. Hey, hey, hey… | 里奥,拜托 |
[24:15] | This is me. | 跟你说话的是我 |
[24:19] | This has happened before. | 我见过这种情况发生 |
[24:21] | I see you trying to cover the panic. | 你试图掩饰不安 |
[24:25] | I see you prescribing medication. | 你替他开药,你给他打针 |
[24:28] | I think you’re giving him shots. What does he have he can’t tell people? | 他得了什么不能公开的病? |
[24:37] | He has the flu. | 他得了感冒 |
[24:38] | Oh! You would not have come back for the flu, abbey. | 你不会为了感冒赶回来,艾碧 |
[24:42] | He fainted. | 他昏倒,他发高烧 |
[24:44] | He was running a fever. Abbey… | 艾碧… |
[24:54] | He has multiple sclerosis, leo. | 他有多重硬化症,里奥 |
[25:01] | Oh, abbey. | 艾碧… |
[25:06] | A fever could be life threatening. | 发烧可能会要了他的命 |
[25:19] | Mrs. Crane, you know there are things | 葛林太太,有些事情 |
[25:21] | You must never say to chief bennett. | 你绝对不能跟班奈说 |
[25:22] | He’s married to someone else, and so are you. | 他是有妇之夫,你是有夫之妇 |
[25:26] | President: i don’t understand. | 我不懂 这些剧中人物都没工作吗? |
[25:27] | Don’t any of these characters have jobs? | 我不懂 这些剧中人物都没工作吗? |
[25:31] | I don’t know, Mr. President. | 不太清楚,总统先生 |
[25:32] | I think one of them is a surgeon. | 有一个好像是外科医生 |
[25:35] | They seem to have a lot of free time | 大白天的,他们怎么这么闲? |
[25:36] | In the middle of the day. | |
[25:37] | ( phone ringing ) | |
[25:39] | Hello. | |
[25:41] | And that woman’s changed her clothes | 那女人一个下午 |
[25:43] | Quite a lot for one afternoon. | 换了好几套衣服 |
[25:44] | Mr. President, Mr. Mcgarry’s outside. | 总统先生,马加瑞先生在外面 |
[25:46] | Yeah. | 好 |
[25:48] | Would you mind stepping out, charlie? | 好 |
[25:50] | No, sir. | 请你回避一下好吗?查理 |
[26:03] | Abbey phoned me up and told me about your conversation. | 好的,总统 艾碧打电话给我 |
[26:07] | I was diagnosed about seven years ago. | 告诉我你们的谈话 我的病大约是七年前 |
[26:10] | My life expectancy is normal. | 诊断出来的 我的预期寿命很正常 |
[26:13] | My particular course of m.s. is called relapsing-remitting | 病发过程会复发复原 |
[26:17] | Which means i should experience total recovery after attacks. | 这表示发病之后就会完全复原 |
[26:21] | Abbey gives me injections of something called betaseron | 艾碧给我注射一种 |
[26:24] | And that reduces the frequency. | BETASERON的药 |
[26:26] | Fever and stress tend to be two things | 可减少复发的频率 |
[26:28] | That will induce an attack. | 发烧和压力是两大 |
[26:30] | Well, you’re president of the united states | 造成发病的原因 |
[26:33] | You’re delivering the state of the union address | 你是美国总统,明晚就要 |
[26:35] | Tomorrow night | 向国会发表国情咨文 |
[26:36] | India and pakistan are pointing | 印巴两国核武相向 |
[26:37] | Nuclear weapons at each other And you have a 102-degree fever | 你发高烧到102度 |
[26:41] | So i guess we’re out of the woods, hmm? | 我想我们一点都不必担心 |
[26:43] | 101.9. | 不对,101.9度 |
[26:45] | Jed… Of all the things | 杰德,你为何要隐瞒我? |
[26:46] | That you could’ve kept from me… | 从我当选后 |
[26:49] | You haven’t called me jed since i was elected. | 你就没叫过我杰德 |
[26:51] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为何不告诉我? |
[26:57] | ’cause i wanted to be the president. | 因为我想当总统 |
[26:59] | That wouldn’t have stopped me | |
[27:00] | From getting you here. | 我一样会辅助你当选总统 |
[27:02] | And i could’ve been a friend. You’ve been a friend. | 我也会是你的朋友 |
[27:04] | But when it was time to really… | 你一直都是我的朋友 |
[27:05] | I know. | 曾经有一段时间… 我知道 |
[27:09] | When i was lying on my face in the motel parking lot | 当我倒在汽车旅馆的停车场 |
[27:12] | you were the one i called. | 我找的人是你 |
[27:14] | When you stood up there today, i was so proud. | 你今天站在记者面前 |
[27:16] | I wanted to be with you. | 我好骄傲,我想去陪你… |
[27:17] | Nah, nah. | 不要… 我想起床,但我站不稳 |
[27:19] | I tried to get up, and i fell back down again. | 不要… 我想起床,但我站不稳 |
[27:22] | I know the feeling. | 我知道那种感觉 |
[27:24] | ( chuckles ) | 我很难过,里奥,真的对不起 总统先生 |
[27:27] | I’m so sorry, leo. | |
[27:29] | I really am. | |
[27:31] | ( knocking on door ) | |
[27:33] | Charlie: Mr. President? | |
[27:37] | Don’t worry about it. | 你别担心 |
[27:39] | Yeah, charlie? | 什么事?查理 |
[27:41] | Lord marbury. | 马布里爵士来了 |
[27:43] | Yeah, give us a minute, would you please? | 好的,请他等一下好吗? |
[27:47] | ( sighs ) | 总统讲稿里建议 提高艺术补助金五成? |
[27:49] | Burns: now, the president’s proposing in his speech | |
[27:52] | That the budget for the n.e.a. be increased by 50%? | |
[27:58] | The national endowment amounts to less | 艺术补助金的金额不到 |
[28:00] | Than 1/100th of one percent of the total budget For the federal government. | 联邦政府总预算的万分之一 |
[28:05] | It costs taxpayers 39 cents a year. | 纳税人每年只花三毛九分钱 |
[28:08] | The arts budget for the united states Is equivalent to the arts budget of sweden. | 美国的艺术预算和瑞典相等 |
[28:12] | With such a big deal being made | 表演艺术和梅波索普相片 |
[28:13] | Out of the performance art Of the mapplethorpe photographs… | 造成那么大的骚动… |
[28:17] | You gay-bashing, raymond? | 打压同性恋?雷蒙 |
[28:18] | Well, once again, all we’d like | 老话一句,我们只希望 |
[28:19] | Is for you to not mention the n.e.a. | 你们不要再提NEA |
[28:21] | Personally, i don’t know what to say to people | 我个人不知如何 |
[28:23] | Who argue that the n.e.a. is there to support art | 向反对NEA的人交代 |
[28:26] | That nobody wanted to pay for in the first place. | 他们说NEA支持的是 没人想花钱的艺术 |
[28:29] | I don’t know what to tell people | 当有人说洛杰和哈特 |
[28:31] | When they say rogers and hart didn’t need the n.e.a. | 不需要NEA |
[28:33] | To write oklahoma! | 照样写出歌舞剧奥克拉荷马时 我无言以对 |
[28:34] | And arthur murray didn’t need the n.e.a. | 亚瑟莫瑞写推销员之死 |
[28:37] | To write death of salesman. | 也不需要NEA |
[28:41] | I’d start by telling them | 我会跟他们说奥克拉荷马 |
[28:42] | That rogers and hammerstein wrote oklahoma! | 是罗杰和哈默史坦写的 |
[28:45] | And arthur murray taught ballroom dance. | 亚瑟莫瑞教人跳交际舞 |
[28:48] | Arthur miller, on the other hand, did need the n.e.a. | 反之亚瑟米勒确实需要NEA |
[28:50] | To write death of a salesman | 才能写出推销员之死 |
[28:51] | Only it wasn’t called the n.e.a. Back then– | 只是那时不叫NEA |
[28:54] | It was called the w.p.a., and it was roosevelt’s… | 而是称为WPA 是罗斯福总统… |
[29:04] | It was roosevelt’s… | 是罗斯福总统… |
[29:09] | Toby? | 托比 |
[29:14] | Yeah. | 是 |
[29:16] | You stopped talking in the middle of a… | 你的话只说了一半… |
[29:22] | Thank you, everybody. this meeting’s over. | 谢谢各位,会议结束 |
[29:25] | Marbury: you know, there are some marvelous flu remedies | 印度有些偏远地方的药方 |
[29:29] | Known in certain remote parts of the subcontinent. | 治疗感冒具有神效 |
[29:32] | Licorice root, for instance | 比如说甘草根加上竹汁 |
[29:34] | Combined with bamboo sap and a strong shot of whiskey. | 和一点强烈威士忌 |
[29:38] | Uh, ginger root, also | 还有根和橘皮混合… |
[29:39] | Uh, mixed with, um, uh, citrus peel. | |
[29:41] | And a strong shot of whiskey? | 加上一点强烈威士忌 |
[29:43] | Yes, of course. in fact, you can throw out | 当然,去掉根和橘皮 |
[29:45] | The ginger root and citrus peel and still be Well on your way. | 一样有效 |
[29:48] | What have you got for me, john? | 你要跟我说什么?约翰 |
[29:49] | Well, um, after speaking at length this past week | |
[29:52] | With your secretaries of state and defense | 过去这星期跟你的国务卿 |
[29:54] | As well as the joint chiefs and various embassy officials | 国防部长、参谋总长 和多位大使馆官员长谈过之后 |
[29:58] | I believe this: | 我的看法是…花钱了事 |
[30:00] | Buy them off. | |
[30:04] | Buy them? | 花钱了事? |
[30:05] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[30:06] | How? | 怎么说? |
[30:07] | Mr. President, for several centuries | 怎么说? |
[30:09] | My kingdom has ruled india with a stick and carrot. | 总统先生,英国以恩威并施 的方式统治印度数百年 |
[30:12] | When we had a particular problem with someone | 有人不服时 |
[30:14] | One solution we would try is to make him a maharaja. | ‘我们以封他当”土邦王”的方法 |
[30:17] | That’s a kind of regional king. | 来解决’ |
[30:19] | We would pay him off with an annual tribute | 每年付贡金收买他 |
[30:23] | And in return, he would be loyal to the crown. | 他会以效忠王室作为回报 |
[30:26] | Lord marbury, under our constitution | 马布里爵士,依据我们的宪法 |
[30:28] | The president is Not empowered to create maharajas. | 总统无权册封土邦王 |
[30:31] | Yes, thank you for clearing that up, leo. | 是的,多谢你澄清这一点 里奥 |
[30:33] | Having been educated at cambridge and the sorbonne | 我出身牛津和巴黎大学 |
[30:35] | I am, as you know, exceedingly stupid. | 想必你们知道,我非常愚笨 |
[30:38] | John, please… | 约翰,拜托 |
[30:39] | You’ve been paying the world off | 约翰,拜托 从工业时代起 你们一直在花钱买通世界各国 |
[30:40] | Since the industrial age. | 从工业时代起 你们一直在花钱买通世界各国 |
[30:42] | Foreign aid during the cold war | 冷战时期的外援 |
[30:44] | Was you paying dictators to be on your side. | 你们收买独裁者投靠你们 |
[30:45] | To this very day, you pay north korea | 现在你们收买北韩 |
[30:48] | Not to develop nuclear weapons. | 不要发展核武 |
[30:53] | What does india want? | 印度要什么? 电脑工业 |
[30:54] | A computer industry. | 印度要什么? |
[30:55] | And for that, they require an infrastructure | 电脑工业 |
[30:58] | And that is what you can give them. | 他们需要整个基础建设 这是你们可以给他们的 |
[31:00] | Why? | 为什么? 这是你们要付的代价 |
[31:01] | It’s the price you pay. | 为什么? 这是你们要付的代价 |
[31:03] | For avoiding a war halfway around the world? | 为了避免半个地球外的 一场战争? |
[31:05] | For being rich, free and alive, all at the same time | 为了能同时享有 |
[31:09] | And for the criminally | 财富、自由、生命 |
[31:11] | Negligent behavior of your congress in not checking | 以及贵国国会疏于防范 |
[31:13] | The proliferation of nuclear devices. | 核武扩散的重大疏忽 |
[31:19] | Your friend, the prime minister… | 你的朋友,印度首相… |
[31:21] | Rikki. | 理奇 |
[31:23] | He’s going to go for this? | 他会接受这样的做法? |
[31:27] | If it’s handled properly. | 如果处理得当的话 |
[31:32] | All right, you tell the ambassador | 好,你去告诉大使 |
[31:34] | We’ll discuss this in three months. | 我们三个月内会讨论此事 |
[31:35] | In three months, john. | 三个月,约翰,我不想让 这事看起来像交换条件 |
[31:37] | I don’t want this to be like quid pro quo. | 三个月,约翰,我不想让 |
[31:39] | Yes, sir. | 这事看起来像交换条件 |
[31:40] | All right, that’s the carrot. | 遵命,总统先生 好,恩威并施的“恩”解决了 里奥,那“威”呢? |
[31:41] | Leo, what’s the stick? | 好,恩威并施的“恩”解决了 |
[31:43] | In the next 24 hours | 里奥,那“威”呢? |
[31:45] | We want to see recon photos | 24小时内,我们要看到 |
[31:47] | Of indian divisions retreating. | 印度部队撤离的侦查相片 |
[31:49] | If we don’t, we’re going to seize | 若没看到,我们将没收 |
[31:51] | Indian assets in the u.s. | 印度在美国的资产 |
[31:53] | And so will our nato allies | 北大西洋公约组织盟国 也会依样画葫芦 |
[31:54] | And g-7’s going to call in its loans. | 七大工业国也要收回贷款 |
[31:56] | They put command-control in the field again, john | 他们再将核武控制权 |
[31:59] | And we’re going to get physical. | 交给战区指挥官 |
[32:00] | You make damn sure they know that. | 我们也会有所行动 |
[32:02] | Well, then, uh, i have my instructions. | 这点务必要让他们知道 全部遵照您的指示 |
[32:05] | Talk to the ambassador. | 去跟印度大使说,我要 |
[32:07] | I want fitzwallace to have photos In 24 hours. | 华勒士24小时内拿到相片 |
[32:11] | Yes, sir. | 遵命,总统先生 |
[32:14] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 什么事?查理 |
[32:15] | Yes, charlie. | 总统先生 |
[32:16] | Toby’s here. | 什么事?查理 |
[32:17] | Toby, come in please. | 托比来了 托比,请进 |
[32:18] | I’m going back to the office. | 我要回办公室去 |
[32:20] | Let’s hope. | 希望能顺利解决 |
[32:21] | Hey, toby. | |
[32:23] | Leo. | 你好,托比 |
[32:24] | How you feeling, Mr. President? | 你感觉如何?总统先生 好多了,谢谢 |
[32:25] | Much better, thank you. | 你感觉如何?总统先生 |
[32:26] | Good. | 好多了,谢谢 |
[32:28] | You know, i was watching a television program before | 我刚看了一个电视节目 |
[32:31] | With a sort of a roving moderator who spoke | 有个走来走去的主持人 |
[32:35] | To a seated panel of young women | |
[32:37] | Who were having some sort of problem with their boyfriends | 访问了好几位 和男友吵架的年轻女子 |
[32:39] | Apparently because the boyfriends had all slept | 显然她们的男友 |
[32:41] | With the girlfriends’ mothers. | 全都和她们的母亲上过床 |
[32:43] | Then they brought the boyfriends out, and they all fought | 后来这些男友也被请出场 |
[32:46] | Right there on television. | 他们就在电视上大打出手 |
[32:47] | Toby, tell me | 托比,告诉我 |
[32:49] | These people don’t vote, do they? | 这些人不投票吧 |
[32:51] | I wouldn’t think so, no, sir. Excuse me | 不,我想他们不投票 |
[32:54] | Mr. President. | 对不起,总统先生 |
[32:55] | What do you need, josh? | 有什么事?乔西 |
[32:57] | I asked josh to join me here, sir. | 我请乔西一起过来的,总统 |
[33:02] | What’s on your mind? | 你想说什么? |
[33:04] | “The era of big government is over.” | “伟大政府的时代结束了” |
[33:11] | You want to cut the line? | 你想删掉这句话 |
[33:13] | I want to change the sentiment. | 我想改变其中的观点 |
[33:21] | We’re running away from ourselves | 我们在逃避我们自己 |
[33:23] | And i know we can score points that way. | 我知道那样可以奏效 |
[33:25] | I was the principle architect of that campaign strategy | 乔西,我和你一起担任 |
[33:28] | Right along with you, josh. | 竞选策略的操刀者 |
[33:31] | But we’re here now. | 但是现在我们在这里 |
[33:34] | Tomorrow night, we do an immense thing. | 明晚我们要做一件大事 |
[33:39] | We have to say what we feel. | 我们必须把我们的感觉说出来 |
[33:41] | That government, no matter what its failures in the past | 不论政府过去 |
[33:44] | And in times to come, for that matter | 或未来的失败为何 |
[33:46] | Government can be a place where people come together | 政府可以是结合民心的地方 |
[33:50] | And where no one gets left behind. | 没人会被遗弃 |
[33:54] | No one… Gets left behind. | 没有人…会被遗弃 |
[34:02] | An instrument of… Good. | 行使良善的工具 |
[34:09] | I have no trouble understanding why the line tested well, josh | 我完全了解 |
[34:13] | But i don’t think that means | 这句话排练时效果很好的原因 但不表示我们应该说这句话 |
[34:15] | We should say it. | 我认为应该加以更改 |
[34:16] | I think that means we should… Change it. | 我认为应该加以更改 |
[34:27] | I think so, too. | 我也这么想,你呢?乔西 |
[34:30] | What do you think, josh? | |
[34:35] | I make it a point never to disagree with toby | 只要托比说对的,我都不反对 |
[34:37] | When he’s right, Mr. President. | |
[34:44] | Then you and sam get your people together and get to work. | 那你和山姆赶快召集人手 加紧工作 |
[34:50] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[34:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 “星期三晚上” |
[35:08] | ( sing-songy ): you’re jealous ’cause danny was flirting | 丹尼和��蒂打情骂俏 |
[35:10] | With mandy. | 你吃醋了? |
[35:11] | When did i say that? | 我没那么说 我何时说过这样的话? |
[35:12] | I read between the lines. | 我察言观色 没什么言好让你察的 |
[35:13] | There are no lines. | 我察言观色 没什么言好让你察的 |
[35:15] | C.j., it can be pretty confusing sometimes. | 茜洁,这种事 |
[35:16] | I’m at this place with mallory | 有时真叫人摸不着头脑 |
[35:17] | Where i don’t know if she likes me. | 就拿我跟玛勒理的关系来说 我不知道她是否喜欢我 |
[35:19] | I don’t know if she doesn’t like me. | 也不知她是否不喜欢我 |
[35:21] | I don’t know if she’s indifferent altogether. | 更不知她是否根本无所谓 |
[35:22] | I just wish she’d get past it | 我只希望她能毅然决然 表明态度 |
[35:24] | So we can move on. | 我好知道该怎么做 |
[35:26] | Sam, did you write this statement defending my father? | 我好知道该怎么做 山姆,为我父亲辩护的声明 是你写的吗? |
[35:29] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[35:44] | Well, now I’m even more confused. | 这下我更糊涂了 |
[35:46] | Josh: yes. | 是啊 |
[35:47] | Though I’ve got to say, I’m enjoying being a writer. | 不过我得承认我喜欢写稿 |
[35:49] | Yes. | |
[35:53] | Carol, is danny concanon in the press room? | 卡洛,丹尼康卡南在新闻室吗 |
[35:56] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:58] | Would you have him come to my office, please? | 请他到我办公室好吗? |
[36:04] | Abbey: i want to take your temperature | 我要再量一次你的体温 |
[36:05] | One last time. Abbey… | 艾碧… |
[36:07] | I want to take your temperature. | 我要量你的体温 |
[36:09] | You’ve taken it 14 times in the last three hours. | 过去三小时,你已量了十四次 |
[36:11] | You’re not taking it again. | 我不要再量了 |
[36:12] | Mm, fine. at least not with a thermometer. | 好吧 |
[36:16] | Oh, jed. | 至少不要用体温计量 杰德… |
[36:17] | If you want to take it recreationally… | 我是说若你想以 娱乐方式来量的话… |
[36:19] | Oh, there’s something wrong with you, you know that? | 你生病了,你知道吗? |
[36:21] | Yes. I do. | 我知道 |
[36:22] | Why is “Hallowed” Spelled with a pound sign in the middle? | “空洞”这字中间 怎么有个井字号? |
[36:25] | I stopped asking those questions. | 我已经不问这种问题了 |
[36:36] | ( knock at door ) | |
[36:40] | Yes? | 谁? |
[36:41] | It’s c.j. | 我是茜洁 |
[36:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:45] | Can i come in? | 我可以进来吗? |
[36:48] | C.j., this is your office. | 茜洁,这是你的办公室 |
[36:49] | Right. | 对喔 |
[36:53] | ( clears throat ) | 你约我出去很多次 我都拒绝了 |
[36:58] | Hello. | |
[36:59] | Hello. | |
[37:01] | So… You have asked me out many times. | |
[37:06] | I have said no. | |
[37:08] | You said yes once. | 你答应了一次 |
[37:09] | That was a business dinner. | 那是为了公事 |
[37:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:11] | Nonetheless | 好 |
[37:13] | I do seem to have a preoccupation– | 但我还是有个先入为主的观念 |
[37:17] | Um, sort of girlish, i suppose, thing… | 女孩子家的想法… |
[37:19] | Mm-hmm. | 但请你别误会… |
[37:20] | …which, um… | 但请你别误会… |
[37:22] | And please don’t be, in any way | |
[37:24] | Misled by anything… | |
[37:27] | In fact, let me put it this way… | 事实上,我这样说好了… |
[37:30] | C.j., I’m supposed | 茜洁,今晚我得写 |
[37:31] | To write about the speech tonight. | 总统演讲的新闻稿 |
[37:33] | My paper’s going to want me to, you know, see it. | 我的报社要看 |
[37:35] | So, if there’s anyway you could move this along… | 所以请你尽量说快点 |
[37:36] | I thought what I’d do is kiss you | 我是想吻你,吻在嘴上 然后了结这件事… 了结这件事 我就能专心做我的工作 |
[37:38] | You know, on the mouth, and then | |
[37:41] | I’d just get past it. | |
[37:44] | I’d just get past it | |
[37:47] | And then I’d be able to give my work | |
[37:50] | The kind of concentration it really deserves. | |
[37:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:58] | How’s right here? | 就在这里如何? |
[38:00] | That’s fine. | 可以 |
[38:01] | Be careful of the fish. | 小心鱼哟 |
[38:03] | Sure. | 当然 |
[38:04] | No. I’m saying ’cause if you rock against the… How’s that? | 我是说万一撞到… |
[38:22] | Oh, good. | 可以吗? 很好 |
[38:23] | Past it? yeah. | 了结了? 对 |
[38:24] | Good. okay. | 很好 |
[38:26] | I’ve got to go now. | 我得走了 |
[38:28] | C.j.? yes. | 茜洁? 什么事? |
[38:29] | Taking that fish with you? | 茜洁? |
[38:30] | No. | 什么事? |
[38:36] | ( thumping ) | 你要把鱼带走? 不要 |
[38:37] | Walked into that door there. | 从那扇门出去 |
[38:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:49] | You see, you’re too fixed on western medicine. | 你们太仰赖西药了 |
[38:52] | Um, bamboo sap A gambir twig… | 竹汁、槟榔膏嫩枝… |
[38:55] | And a shot of whiskey. | 再加一份威士忌 一点威士忌,喝下去病就好了 |
[38:56] | A shot of whiskey, and you’re all set. | 再加一份威士忌 一点威士忌,喝下去病就好了 |
[38:58] | Hello. good evening. | 晚安 晚安,总统先生 如果我没弄错的话 这是印度军队撤退的相片 |
[38:59] | Evening, Mr. President. | |
[39:01] | Oh, uh… | |
[39:02] | Well, now, if I’m not mistaken | |
[39:05] | This is a photograph of indian troops in retreat | |
[39:09] | And so is that, and so is… | |
[39:11] | This. | 这张也是,那张…也是 |
[39:13] | Thank you, john. | |
[39:15] | Well, I’m on a plane to go and see rikki in an hour. | 谢谢你,约翰 我一小时后 |
[39:18] | Still many things to settle. | 就要搭飞机去见首相 还有好多事要解决 |
[39:20] | Godspeed, your lordship. Thank you, sir. | 一路顺风,爵士 |
[39:24] | Abigail! ( chuckling ) | 谢谢总统先生,艾碧 |
[39:28] | Good luck, john. | |
[39:30] | Good luck to you, too, leo. | 祝你好运,约翰 |
[39:32] | Thank you. | 你也一样,里奥 |
[39:34] | I am off! | 谢谢 |
[39:37] | ( laughing ) | 我走了 朋友们,请听我说 |
[39:40] | Friends, let me have your attention, please. | |
[39:46] | A lot of time | 这篇演讲稿花费很多时间 |
[39:47] | Energy, passion, wit, skill and talent | 精力、热情、智慧 |
[39:50] | Went into drafting this | 技巧和才能终于撰写完成 |
[39:51] | And while you might not know it | 或许你们无法由我待会的表现 |
[39:53] | From my performance later, it is an extraordinary speech | 看出来 这是篇了不起的讲稿 |
[39:56] | And i say thee | 我向托比齐格、山姆希朋致敬 |
[39:57] | yea, toby ziegler | 我向托比齐格、山姆希朋致敬 |
[39:59] | And i say thee | |
[39:59] | Yea, sam seaborn! | |
[40:04] | Sir, the motorcade’s ready | 车队准备好了 |
[40:05] | And the agricultural secretary is in the oval office. President: thanks. | 农业部长在椭圆办公室 |
[40:14] | Roger. | 罗杰 晚安,总统先生 |
[40:15] | Good evening, Mr. President. | 罗杰,很抱歉这次抽签抽到你 |
[40:17] | Roger, I’m sorry you drew the short straw on this. We’ll miss you tonight. | 我们今晚会想念你的 |
[40:20] | Next year it’ll be the surgeon general, i promise. | 明年轮到卫生部长,我保证 |
[40:22] | Meanwhile, you can watch on tv in my study. | 你可以到我的书房看电视转播 |
[40:24] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[40:25] | Um, i brought you a gift. | 我带了礼物要送给你 |
[40:27] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:29] | I know of your love of all things ancient | 我知道你喜欢古老的东西 |
[40:31] | And i came across this. | 我找到这个 |
[40:32] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[40:33] | Someone took the time | 有人花了一番工夫 |
[40:34] | To translate our constitution Into latin. | 把我们的宪法译成拉丁文 |
[40:37] | I think it was a high school project, actually | 其实是高中生的作业 |
[40:39] | And, uh, it got published. | 后来出版成书 |
[40:42] | Oh, this is magnificent. | 这太棒了 |
[40:44] | I highlighted | 我在行政权部分 标出适合此时此地的段落 |
[40:45] | What i thought was an appropriate passage | 我在行政权部分 |
[40:47] | From the executive power section. | 标出适合此时此地的段落 |
[40:49] | Can you translate? | 你能以英文念出来吗? |
[40:54] | “He shall, from time to time, give to the congress | 总统应时常向国会 |
[40:58] | “Information of the state of the union | 提出国情咨文… |
[41:00] | “And recommend to their consideration | 并提出必要且合宜的对策 |
[41:03] | Such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.” | 供国会参考 |
[41:10] | Sounds right up your alley, sir. | 正合乎你的专长,总统先生 |
[41:14] | Thanks, roger. | 谢谢你,罗杰 |
[41:15] | Knock ’em dead, sir. | 祝你演讲顺利,总统先生 |
[41:19] | Oh, roger. | 对了,罗杰,万一发生意外 |
[41:21] | If anything happened, you know what to do, right? | 你知道怎么做吧? |
[41:24] | I honestly hadn’t thought about it, sir. | 我从来没想过 |
[41:26] | First thing always is national security. | 国家安全永远都是第一考量 |
[41:28] | Get your commanders together | 集合军事将领,任命参谋首长 |
[41:30] | Appoint joint chiefs, appoint a chairman | 指派议长 |
[41:32] | Take us to defcon four. | 把国防警戒升高到第四级 |
[41:34] | Have the governor send emergency delegates to washington. | 请各州州长 派遣紧急代表到华盛顿 |
[41:36] | The assistant attorney general is going to be the acting a.g. | 副司法部长代理司法部长职务 |
[41:40] | If he tells you he wants to bring out the national guard | |
[41:43] | Do what he tells you. | |
[41:47] | You got a best friend? | 你有最好的朋友吗? |
[41:49] | Yes, sir. | 有 |
[41:50] | Is he smarter than you? | 他比你聪明吗? |
[41:52] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[41:53] | Would you trust him with your life? | 你愿意把性命托付给他吗? |
[41:56] | Yes, sir. | 愿意 |
[41:57] | That’s your chief of staff. | 那他就是你的幕僚长 |
[42:07] | Oh. | |
[42:08] | In the residence, on the second floor The bathroom at the end of the hall | 二楼官邸,走廊尽头的洗手间 |
[42:13] | You have to jiggle the handle On the toilet, or it’ll… | 马桶把手要摇一下,不然会… |
[42:16] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[42:17] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[42:21] | You’ll do fine. | 你会胜任愉快的 |
[42:22] | People have phenomenal capacity. | 人民的包容力很惊人 |
[42:25] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统先生 |