时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | previously, on the west wing: | |
[00:06] | Josh: where the hell’d you get that? | 你是从哪里拿到的? 上面写着里奥马加瑞 在勒戒所待了28天 |
[00:08] | It says leo mcgarry spent 28 days | 上面写着里奥马加瑞 |
[00:10] | In an alcohol and substance abuse facil… | 在勒戒所待了28天 |
[00:13] | This is a piece of paper obtained illegally. | 这是非法取得的文件 这些机构的病历记录 是机密文件,乔西 |
[00:14] | Records kept by these facilites | 这些机构的病历记录 |
[00:16] | Are confidential, josh. | 是机密文件,乔西 |
[00:17] | He’s got him. | 他拿到了 我想做的是吻你,在嘴上 |
[00:18] | I thought what I’d do is kiss you | 我想做的是吻你,在嘴上 |
[00:20] | On the mouth, and then I’d be able | 然后我就能好好专心工作 |
[00:22] | To give my work the kind of concentration | |
[00:25] | It really deserves. | |
[00:26] | I voluntarily admitted myself to the sierra tucson | 我自愿到土森山勒戒中心 |
[00:29] | Rehabilitation facility | 去治疗对酒精和镇静剂的癖习 |
[00:31] | To treat an addiction to alcohol and valium. | “化险为夷” |
[00:41] | C.j.: weather permitting, we’ll be in the rose garden. | 天气准许的话 我们就到玫瑰花园去 |
[00:42] | Woman: and “Weather permitting” Means…? | 天气准许的意思是… 如果不下雨 |
[00:44] | If it’s not raining. | 茜洁… 我知道 |
[00:45] | C.j…. I know. | 茜洁… 我知道 外面温度只有华氏22度 我知道,我知道 |
[00:46] | It’s going to be 22 degrees. | 外面温度只有华氏22度 |
[00:47] | I know. | 我知道,我知道 |
[00:48] | I don’t know why… | 我不懂为什么你们… |
[00:49] | This president is from new england. | 总统来自新英格兰 |
[00:50] | It’s time we all started getting used to that. | 我们最好开始习惯这一点 |
[00:53] | At least, that’s what he told me this morning. | 至少这是他今早告诉我的 |
[00:55] | What else do we have here? | 我看看还有什么事情 |
[00:56] | There will be 15 pen recipients. | 有十五人将接受总统致赠的笔 |
[00:58] | The president will sign the bill with 15 pens. | 总统将用十五支笔签署法案 |
[01:00] | Someone on my staff wanted you to know that. | 我们同僚中有人 要你们知道这一点 |
[01:02] | Danny: c.j.? | 茜洁… |
[01:03] | Tell me you don’t have a question about the pens. | 告诉我你不是要问笔的事情 |
[01:05] | I have a question about the pens. | 我是要问笔的事情 |
[01:06] | Yes, danny? | 是的,丹尼 |
[01:07] | “Josiah bartlett” has 13 letters. | 总统的名字只有十三个字母 |
[01:08] | How’s the president going to use 15 pens? | 怎么会用到十五支笔? |
[01:11] | Danny…? I just… | 丹尼 我只是… |
[01:12] | You know you were the only one in the room | 这里这么多人只有你会去计算 |
[01:13] | Doing the math on that, right? | 我只是… |
[01:14] | Only one in the room. | 在场唯一的一个 |
[01:16] | My readers expect a little bit more. | 我们的读者想多知道一点 |
[01:19] | ( exasperated sigh ) | 十五支笔、十三个字母 这里一定帖了小抄… |
[01:20] | 15 pens, 13 letters. | 十五支笔、十三个字母 |
[01:22] | They must have stuck something in here about… | 这里一定帖了小抄… |
[01:25] | Yes! | 有了,他要…有意思… |
[01:25] | He’s going to… interesting. He’s going to literally dot the “I” And cross the ts. | 特意画点撇捺 |
[01:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 怪胎 |
[01:33] | Freak boy. | 再次谢谢 |
[01:34] | Thank you again. | 再次谢谢 |
[01:35] | Jonathan and jennifer lydell– | 强纳森和珍妮佛莱德 |
[01:36] | The parents of lowell lydell– | 罗威莱德的双亲 |
[01:38] | Have been added to the guest list. | 访客名单中增加了他们的名字 |
[01:40] | Also added to the guest list are senators… | 其他增加的访客有… |
[01:42] | C.j.? That still on? | 茜洁 什么事? 就是这件事 什么这件事? |
[01:43] | What still on? the lydells. | 莱德夫妇这件事 是 |
[01:44] | Yeah. | 莱德夫妇这件事 是 听说莱德夫妇并不支持总统 而且他们不太乐意… |
[01:45] | There’s a rumor | 听说莱德夫妇并不支持总统 |
[01:47] | That the lydells aren’t big supporters of the president… | 而且他们不太乐意… 我也听说了,不知这种传闻 |
[01:50] | It’s ridiculous– the president signing hate crimes legislation. | 从何而起,真荒谬 总统要签署仇恨犯罪法案 |
[01:54] | Jonathan and jennifer lydell’s son was killed for being gay. | 莱德夫妇之子因同性恋遇害 他们显然… |
[01:58] | I heard the same thing. | 只是问问 我听到相同的传言 |
[02:00] | The lydells are coming. | 莱德夫妇要来 |
[02:01] | And they’ll be available to the press? | 记者可以访问他们? |
[02:03] | Yeah. Where was i? | 是的,刚才说到哪里? 参议员… |
[02:05] | Woman: “Senators.” | 布里其和拉肯参议员也会出席 |
[02:05] | Breech and larkin. | 布里其和拉肯参议员也会出席 |
[02:07] | Senators breach and larkin will be attending as well. | 你们是很好的听众 |
[02:09] | Listen, you’ve been a great audience. Don’t forget to tip your waitresses. | 别忘了赏小费给你们的女侍 |
[02:13] | That’s all the news today. | 今天的消息就是这些 你们可以走了 |
[02:14] | You’re out of here. | 谢谢你,茜洁 |
[02:20] | I kind of wish you hadn’t done that. | 我有点希望你没那么做 |
[02:21] | Done what? | 做什么? |
[02:21] | Guaranteed the lydells. | 把莱德夫妇的事说得那么笃定 他们不来了? |
[02:22] | They’re not coming? | 把莱德夫妇的事说得那么笃定 他们不来了? |
[02:23] | They are coming. | 他们要来 |
[02:25] | I’m just not sure we’re going to want them there. | 只是我不确定我们要他们来 |
[02:27] | I flew out to st. Paul. | ��蒂… 我去过圣保罗 |
[02:28] | I spoke to the mother on the phone. Twice. | 坐在他们家厨房… 我跟那位母亲讲过电话两次 |
[02:31] | The mother is fine. | 那母亲还好 那父亲有什么不对? |
[02:32] | What’s wrong with the father? | 他不太说话 就这样? |
[02:33] | He doesn’t say much. | 他不太说话 就这样? |
[02:34] | That’s it? | 有时这表示… 他不太说话? |
[02:35] | Sometimes that’s an indication… | 有时这表示… 他不太说话? |
[02:36] | Their son was just murdered. | 茜洁 他儿子才刚被谋杀 |
[02:38] | Did you want him to wear a campaign button? | 难不成你要他戴上竞选徽章? |
[02:40] | I do at the bill signing | 签署法案时,我希望如此 |
[02:41] | And the reticence he exhibited in his kitchen… | 我是说他所表现的沉默… |
[02:43] | Are you listening to yourself? | 你知道自己在说什么吗? |
[02:45] | They’re flying in in the morning. | 他们今天上午要搭机过来 |
[02:46] | Meet with them, and tell me what you think. | 跟他们见个面 告诉我你的想法 |
[02:48] | You want me to audition the lydells? | 你要我面试莱德夫妇? |
[02:50] | Yes, and I’d also like you to cut me | 是的,我也希望你能放我一马 |
[02:52] | Some slack. Fine. | 好 |
[02:54] | Carol? Dotting the is, crossing the ts… | 卡洛,谢谢你的“划点撇捺” |
[02:57] | Thank you for that. | 还好我们事先都做了功课 |
[02:58] | We do our homework. | 你把“参议员”拼错了 |
[02:59] | You misspelled “Senator.” | 你把“参议员”拼错了 |
[03:02] | Hello. | |
[03:03] | We’ve got a bit of a sticky wicket. | 我们碰到一点尴尬状况 |
[03:05] | Please don’t tell me I’m staying here | 别告诉我今晚我得留下来加班 |
[03:06] | And working late tonight. | 我要你看一份报告 我是正值盛年的女人,乔西 |
[03:07] | I need you to read a report. | 我要你看一份报告 |
[03:08] | I’m a woman in her prime, josh. I’m a prime woman. | 我是正值盛年的女人,乔西 |
[03:11] | No doubt about it, but I need you to read this anyway. | 这点毫无疑问 但我还是要你看这份报告 |
[03:13] | We want congress to sign off on funds for 100,000 new teachers. | 这是什么? 我们要国会不经签署认可 资助十万名新教师 |
[03:17] | They say fine, but you got to stipulate | 他们说好 |
[03:19] | That in sex ed classes… | 但得注明在性教育课程… |
[03:21] | Abstinence only? yes. | 禁欲至上 对 |
[03:22] | I would have no trouble | 这种课我一定及格 |
[03:23] | Passing such a class. | |
[03:26] | We commissioned a report about a year ago | 一年前我们找人做了 |
[03:28] | On sex education in public schools | 公立学校性教育的报告 |
[03:30] | And, well, this is it. | 结果在这里 |
[03:32] | What’s it say? | 上面怎么说? |
[03:34] | It’s not good. | 不好 |
[03:35] | How’s it not good? it says, basically | 怎样不好? |
[03:37] | That teaching abstinence only doesn’t work | 基本上他们说禁欲至上 并没有效果 |
[03:40] | That people are going to be prone to have sex | 不论是否受到谆谆告戒 |
[03:42] | Whether they’re cautioned against it or not. | 人们还是一样会有性行为 |
[03:43] | What are they recommending? | 他们建议怎么办? |
[03:45] | Something called Abstinence plus. | 一种名为禁欲以外的办法 |
[03:47] | “Abstinence plus”? yes. | 禁欲以外? 对 |
[03:48] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[03:49] | Well, sam’s renamed it “Everything but.” | 山姆把它重新命名为 “无所不包” |
[03:52] | “Everything but”? Yes. | 无所不包? |
[03:53] | Ah. Yes. | 是的… |
[03:55] | They want teachers to teach…? yes. | 他们要老师教… 是的 |
[03:58] | And so the sticky wicket joke was…? | 所以这尴尬状况的笑话是… |
[04:00] | A regrettable pun. | 令人遗憾的双关语 |
[04:02] | Should I order you some food? | 要不要替你点一些吃的? |
[04:03] | You know, I can’t remember | 我记不得上次半夜前到家 |
[04:04] | The last time I got home Before midnight. | 是什么时候了 |
[04:07] | By the way, pages 27 to 33. | 对了,27到33页 |
[04:10] | A couple of things every girl should know. | 有每个女孩都应知道的几件事 |
[04:13] | Get me a salad. | 替我点一份沙拉 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 |
[05:04] | C.j.: hey. | 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 “白宫风云” |
[05:05] | Danny: want to have dinner? | 你要吃晚餐吗? 跟你吗? |
[05:06] | With you? yes. | 是的 |
[05:07] | I have to read a report on sex education. | 我要读一份性教育报告 |
[05:08] | Hey. I’m anticipating any joke | 你现在说什么笑话 我都不会觉得好笑 |
[05:10] | You could possibly make right now | 你现在说什么笑话 |
[05:11] | And I’m not finding any of them funny. | 我都不会觉得好笑 |
[05:13] | Eventually, you’re going to have to go on a date with me. | 你终究必须跟我出去约会 |
[05:15] | You can’t just keep grabbing me and kissing me. | 总不能老是抓住我强吻我 |
[05:16] | I didn’t… well, you can. | 我没抓… 你可以那么做,我不会在意 |
[05:17] | I’m not going to mind or anything. | 我没抓你,是你抓我 |
[05:19] | I didn’t grab you. you grabbed me. | 我没抓你,是你抓我 |
[05:20] | First time. Second, third, fourth times, you grabbed me. | 第一次是我抓你 第二、三、四次都是你抓我 那是因为… 整个星期都是这样 |
[05:23] | All week long, randomly grabbing me and kissing me. | 随时随地抓住我强吻我 |
[05:26] | Like I said, I applaud the spirit | 我刚说了,我赞赏你的勇气 |
[05:27] | But there’s better things ahead | 但后面还有更精采的发展 |
[05:30] | As I’m sure you’re about to read. | 想必你也会读到 |
[05:31] | What do you want? | 你有什么事? |
[05:33] | I want to know about an advance man for the vice president | 有个副总统先遣人员 |
[05:35] | Who took a navy helicopter to pebble beach | 搭乘海军直升机 |
[05:37] | To shoot 18 holes. | 到圆石滩打小白球 我想知道这是怎么回事? |
[05:38] | Are you kidding me? | 你在跟我开玩笑? 不是 |
[05:39] | No. how do you know about this? | 你怎么知道的? 白宫消息来源透露的 |
[05:40] | A white house source. | 什么样的白宫消息来源? 无名氏那种 |
[05:41] | What kind of source? | 什么样的白宫消息来源? |
[05:43] | The anonymous kind. | 无名氏那种 |
[05:44] | I’ll find out about it. | 我会查个清楚 |
[05:45] | Do it promptly, would you. | 动作请快一点 |
[05:47] | I got a helicopter pilot who sat around for four hours | 据我所知,直升机驾驶 |
[05:49] | On the taxpayer’s time | 拿纳税人的钱等了四小时 |
[05:50] | While your advance man | 而这位仁兄每洞都打到沙坑里 |
[05:51] | Hit every sand trap in carmel. | 而这位仁兄每洞都打到沙坑里 |
[05:52] | Okay. | 好的 再见 |
[05:54] | See you. wait. | 慢着 |
[06:04] | Okay, you can go now. | 好,你可以走了 |
[06:08] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[06:15] | Josh! | 乔西… |
[06:16] | Did they burn the hamburger? | 汉堡肉有没弄焦? |
[06:17] | I told them well-done. | 我告诉他们要全熟 |
[06:19] | He likes it beyond well-done. He likes it burnt. | 他喜欢比全熟更熟,要焦黄 |
[06:21] | Yeah… | 什么事? 食物来了 |
[06:22] | Food’s here. | 什么事? 食物来了 汉堡肉有没烤焦点 有 |
[06:23] | Did they burn the hamburger? | 汉堡肉有没烤焦点 有 |
[06:23] | Yes. | 汉堡肉有没烤焦点 有 你看过了吗? 你吃的东西我才不看呢 |
[06:25] | Did you check? I’m not checking your food. | 你看过了吗? 你吃的东西我才不看呢 |
[06:27] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[06:29] | No, no, I’ll carry it. | 不…我来拿就行了 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[06:31] | I like it where if you dropped it on the floor | 我喜欢掉在地上 |
[06:33] | It would break. | 还会裂开的汉堡肉 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[06:34] | What’s “Take out the trash day”? | 什么是垃圾清除日? 星期五 |
[06:35] | Friday. I mean what is it? | 我是指什么意思? 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[06:37] | Any stories we have to give the press | 任何我们不乐意 |
[06:38] | That we’re not wild about | 却不得不给媒体的新闻 |
[06:39] | We give them all in a lump on friday. | 我们在星期五成堆丢给他们 |
[06:40] | Why do you do it in a lump? | 为什么要成堆? 导演:肯恩欧林 |
[06:41] | Instead of one at a time? | 为什么要成堆? 导演:肯恩欧林 |
[06:43] | I’d think you’d want to spread them out. | 因为不想一个个给 这些消息不是要发布出去的吗 |
[06:44] | They’ve got “X” column inches to fill. yes. | 报上有一定的版面要填满 对吗? |
[06:47] | They’re going to fill them no matter what. | 对 无论如何都要登些东西 |
[06:49] | Yes. so if we give them one story | 对 若我们给他们一则消息 |
[06:50] | That story’s “X” column inches. | 这消息就会涵盖这么多版面 |
[06:52] | You give them five stories… | 若给他们五则消息… |
[06:54] | It’s a fifth the size. | 每则只有五分之一版面 |
[06:55] | Why do you do it on friday? | 为什么要在星期五? |
[06:56] | No one reads the paper on saturday. | 因为星期六没人看报 |
[06:58] | You guys are real populists. | 你们的作风真是平民化 |
[06:59] | Salad’s for c.j. mm-hmm. | 沙拉是茜洁的 |
[07:09] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[07:11] | There is a town in alabama that wants to abolish all laws | 阿拉巴马州有个小镇想废除 |
[07:14] | Except the ten commandments. | 所有法律,只留下十戒 |
[07:15] | I saw it. | 我看到了 |
[07:17] | Well, they’re going to have a problem. | 他们会面临一个问题 |
[07:18] | Because the constitution | 因为宪法禁止和政府有关的 |
[07:19] | Prohibits religious activity in any form Connected to government. | 任何宗教活动 |
[07:22] | Good point. two problems. | 有道理,两个问题 |
[07:24] | Sam, I’m busy here. I just mean | 山姆,我很忙 |
[07:25] | Some of those commandments are pretty | 我只是想说 |
[07:27] | Hard to enforce. what is it? | 十戒里有些戒律很难执行 |
[07:29] | I just got a call | 怎么了? 我刚接到一通电话 问我是否愿意评论 |
[07:30] | Asking me if I wanted to comment | 我刚接到一通电话 问我是否愿意评论 |
[07:31] | On a story that’s going to run in the georgetown hoyatomorrow. | 明天会刊登在 乔治城号雅报上的一篇报导 |
[07:35] | The student newspaper? | 学生报? |
[07:37] | A sociology professor’s been teaching | 报上认为有一位社会学教授 |
[07:38] | What the paper, at any rate, feels is racist stuff. | 在宣导教种族偏见 |
[07:41] | You know, too much funding for head start, welfare mothers… | 花太多钱资助 社福组织、领福利金的妇女… |
[07:45] | And why are they talking to us? | 他们为什么找我们? |
[07:46] | Zoey’s in the class. | 柔伊在上他的课 |
[07:47] | Who cares? | 谁在乎? |
[07:49] | This minute, the georgetown hoya | 此时此刻,乔治城号雅报 |
[07:50] | Tomorrow… | 明天… |
[07:52] | The president’s daughter’s got an idiot sociology professor | 总统的女儿有个 白痴社会学教授,我们就得… |
[07:56] | And we got to… | 我去跟柔依谈谈 麻烦你 |
[07:57] | I’ll talk to zoey. | 我去跟柔依谈谈 |
[07:58] | Please. | 麻烦你 |
[08:05] | What else? | 还有什么事? |
[08:06] | Coveting thy neighbor’s wife, for example. | 比如说觊觎邻人的妻子 |
[08:08] | How you going to enforce that one? | 你要如何执行这条戒律? |
[08:09] | Sam… | 山姆… |
[08:10] | We never have our chats anymore, toby. | 我们现在都不谈心了,托比 |
[08:12] | What chats? | 谈什么心? |
[08:13] | Our late night chats. | 我们的深夜谈心 |
[08:15] | Did we ever do that? | 我们从前有过吗? |
[08:17] | No. | 没有 |
[08:19] | Fellas. hey. | 两位,到我办公室来 |
[08:20] | My office. | |
[08:23] | Leo, did you know that there’s | 里奥,你知道 |
[08:24] | A town in alabama that wants…? | 阿拉巴马州有个小镇想… |
[08:25] | Yes. what do you think? | 知道 你有什么看法? |
[08:27] | Coveting thy neighbor’s wife | 觊觎邻人之妻会造成很多问题 |
[08:28] | Is going to cause some problems. | |
[08:29] | That’s what I said. plus, if I were arrested | 我也有同感,况且若我因 |
[08:31] | For coveting my neighbor’s wife | 觊觎邻人之妻被捕的话 |
[08:33] | When asked about it, I’d probably bear false witness. | 问话时,我大概会说假话 |
[08:36] | Hi. | 乔西,这性教育报告 来得真不是时候 |
[08:37] | Josh, this sex ed report | 乔西,这性教育报告 |
[08:38] | Could not possibly come at a worse time. | 来得真不是时候 |
[08:40] | I know. 100,000 school teachers… | 我知道 十万名学校教师… |
[08:42] | I know. he’s going to sign the hate crimes bill. | 我知道 总统就要签署仇恨犯罪法案… |
[08:44] | He didn’t write the thing, leo. | 那报告不是他写的,里奥 |
[08:45] | I’m saying I wish we’d gotten some heads up it was coming. | 我是说我希望我们能事先知道 有这份报告和其中的内容 |
[08:48] | Well, that horse left the barn. | 现在来不及了 |
[08:50] | We’re going to have to deal with it tomorrow. | 明天我们必须处理这件事 好 |
[08:53] | What else? What’s this thing on the hill? | 还有什么事? 国会山�P情况如何? |
[08:55] | Sam and me, we’re meeting with… Bruno | 山姆和我要和拨款委员会的 |
[08:57] | From an appropriations subcommittee | 布鲁诺见面 |
[08:59] | That has jurisdiction | 白宫的预算归他们管 |
[09:00] | Over the white house budget. | 白宫的预算归他们管 |
[09:02] | Is this about me? | 是关于我的事吗? |
[09:03] | Technically, it’s about me. | 照理说是关于我,他们想知道 |
[09:04] | They want to know why I withheld information Gained during inspector javert’s | 贾佛探员调查毒品时 |
[09:08] | Drug search. um… | 我为何知情不报? |
[09:09] | It’s a… can I say | 我可以说句话吗? |
[09:11] | Something about that? no. | 不行 |
[09:12] | It was absolutely the right thing to do… | 当时那样做是完全正确… |
[09:13] | I understand. | 我了解,你要跟他一起去? |
[09:16] | You’re going with him? | 对 |
[09:17] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:17] | Okay. | |
[09:19] | I’m sorry to make you guys… | 很抱歉让你们… |
[09:21] | Leo. please. Okay. | 里奥…拜托 |
[09:24] | First of all, you don’t know that for sure. | 第一,你根本无法确定 |
[09:26] | She just said… guys… | 她只说… |
[09:28] | She just said she knew that for sure. | 两位… 她只说她很确定 |
[09:29] | She said she knew it in her heart | 她说她心里知道 |
[09:31] | Which is very different than somebody saying… | 这和她说出来差别… |
[09:33] | I know it for sure. | 我很确定 |
[09:34] | She just said it. | 她已经说了 |
[09:35] | Someone needs to tell their boss. | 有人该告诉他们的上司 |
[09:36] | Mrs. Landingham: excuse me. | 对不起 |
[09:37] | Good evening, mrs. Landingham. | 晚安,蓝丁汉太太 |
[09:39] | What are you girls doing? | 你们几个女孩在做什么? |
[09:40] | We’re just talking, mrs. Landingham. | 我们只是在说话 |
[09:43] | You all work for very important people. | 你们都为很重要人物工作 |
[09:45] | This is not a place for gossip. You understand me? | 这里不是闲聊的地方,懂吗? |
[09:48] | Yes, ma’am. | 懂,女士 |
[09:53] | Donna. | 唐娜… 她说她心里知道 |
[09:54] | She said she knew it in her heart. | 唐娜… 她说她心里知道 |
[09:55] | You know how many things I’ve been wrong about in my heart? | 你知道我心里想的事 有多少是错的吗? |
[09:58] | Yeah, but she’s right about this one. | 但你知道这次她是对的 |
[09:59] | Aren’t you? | 对吧? |
[10:01] | Here’s a group of federal employees. | 好大一群联邦雇员 |
[10:05] | Can I talk to you? | 我可以跟你说句话吗? 当然可以 |
[10:06] | Sure. | 到山姆的办公室去 我们必须征得山姆的同意 |
[10:07] | In sam’s office. | 到山姆的办公室去 |
[10:09] | We’ll need to ask sam, don’t you think? | 我们必须征得山姆的同意 |
[10:10] | I need sam, too. | 我也要山姆加入 |
[10:12] | Josh: sam. | 山姆 是的,先生 |
[10:12] | Yes, sir. | 山姆 是的,先生 |
[10:13] | Donna needs to talk to us | 唐娜有话要跟我们说 |
[10:15] | And it doesn’t look good. | 看样子很严重 |
[10:17] | This vice president’s advance man | 副总统的先遣人员 |
[10:18] | With the golf clubs and the helicopter. | 带着高尔夫球杆和直升机 |
[10:20] | Chad margrudian. yeah. | 查德马克迪 对 |
[10:21] | Didn’t he used to work for us? | 他以前不是为我们工作吗? |
[10:23] | Kept screwing up. | 他老是闯祸 |
[10:24] | How? he advanced | 怎么闯祸? |
[10:25] | The puerto rico trip and spent a half a day scuba diving | 他先去安排波多黎各之行 结果花了半天时间去潜水 |
[10:27] | Which was nowhere on the president’s itinerary. | 总统的行程里根本没有这项 |
[10:30] | He advanced the new york trip, and got tickets | 他先去安排纽约之行 |
[10:32] | To something that the president | 取得最热门的入场券 |
[10:33] | Had no intention of seeing. | 但总统根本无意去看… |
[10:35] | He’s working for hoynes now? yeah. | 他现在为何因斯工作? 对,最近才去的 |
[10:37] | Played 18 holes at pebble beach. | 他在圆石滩打了18个洞 |
[10:38] | Technically what he’s supposed to do. | 照理说 到那里就该打高尔夫球 |
[10:40] | Wasn’t supposed to take a navy helicopter and make it wait. | 他不该要海军直升机载他去 还要等他打完 |
[10:43] | Well, what does this have to do with us? | 这和我们有什么关系? |
[10:44] | We know who leaked the story. | 我们知道是谁走漏消息 |
[10:56] | Hey. | 你记得查德马克迪吗? 那个先遣人员? |
[10:57] | You remember chad margrudian? | 你记得查德马克迪吗? 那个先遣人员? |
[10:57] | The advance man? | 对,他搭乘… 我已经知道了,打高尔夫球 |
[10:58] | Yeah. he took a ride… | 对,他搭乘… |
[10:59] | I know about this Already. the round of golf. | 我已经知道了,打高尔夫球 |
[11:02] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[11:03] | Danny got it from a white house source. | 丹尼从白宫消息来源得知 |
[11:05] | And danny gave it to you? | 然后他告诉你? |
[11:06] | Any problem with that? | 不可以吗? |
[11:07] | As long as it wasn’t the other way around. | 只要不是你告诉他就行了 |
[11:09] | Toby. I was jok… | 跟你开玩笑的 |
[11:10] | It better have been. what else? | 最好是如此,还有什么事? |
[11:12] | C.j. what else? | 茜洁… 还有什么事? |
[11:13] | There’s going to be a thing with zoey. | 有一件关于柔伊的事 |
[11:15] | Her sociology professor’s teaching some things. | 她的社会学教授教学内容不妥 |
[11:18] | We’re going to get her out of the class. | 我们要让她退课 |
[11:20] | You can dump them both out with the trash. | 好 你可以把这两件事 跟垃圾一起清除 |
[11:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:23] | And I was kidding before. | 刚才真的是跟你开玩笑 |
[11:25] | I don’t leak stories to danny. | 我不会泄漏消息给丹尼 |
[11:27] | If you don’t believe me, ask danny. | 不信的话,你去问他 |
[11:29] | I do believe you. | 我相信你 |
[11:30] | Good. | 那就好 |
[11:33] | You okay by yourself? | 你一个人可以吧? |
[11:35] | Why wouldn’t I be okay? | 为什么不可以? |
[11:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:44] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[11:59] | Her name is karen larsen. | 她叫凯伦拉森曾为副总统竞选 |
[12:00] | She’d worked on the vice president’s campaign | |
[12:02] | And in his public affairs office. | 后来在他的 公共事务办公室工作 |
[12:04] | Aides thought she was getting a bit of a crush on hoynes | 助理认为她对何因斯有点迷恋 |
[12:08] | So they moved her further away. | 所以把她调走 |
[12:10] | Where? | 调到哪里? |
[12:11] | I’m glad you asked. | 我很高兴你问起 |
[12:12] | Personnel? | 人事部? 对 |
[12:12] | Yeah. | 人事部? 对 |
[12:14] | How high is her fbi clearance? | 她的调查局权限等级有多高? 够高了 |
[12:15] | High enough. I think we found our man. | 我们找到罪魁祸首了 |
[12:18] | Sam, have a talk with her | 山姆,国会山�P回来后 |
[12:19] | When you get back from the hill. | 跟她谈一下 |
[12:21] | Yeah. | 好 |
[12:22] | The way the european union’s set up | 欧盟法规对于曾是 |
[12:24] | The rules favor the import of bananas From latin american countries | 欧洲殖民地的拉丁美洲国家 |
[12:27] | That used to be european colonies. | 在香蕉进口方面较为有利 |
[12:29] | I don’t want to spend a whole day | 我不想花一整天时间讨论香蕉 |
[12:30] | Talking about bananas. | 我不想花一整天时间讨论香蕉 |
[12:31] | Good morning, nancy, good morning, mrs. Landingham. | 早安,南西 早安,蓝丁汉太太 |
[12:33] | Good morning, mr. President. | 早安,总统先生 你说你要吃香蕉吗? |
[12:34] | Did you say you wanted a banana? no. | 早安,总统先生 你说你要吃香蕉吗? |
[12:36] | Nancy, run get the president a banana. | 没有 南西,去帮总统拿根香蕉来 |
[12:37] | I really don’t want a banana. | 我真的不要香蕉 你确定? |
[12:38] | Are you sure, sir? yes, thank you. | 是的,谢谢你 |
[12:40] | It’s got lots of potassium. | 香蕉的钾含量很丰富 |
[12:42] | I’m done talking to you now. | 我不跟你说了 |
[12:45] | Good morning, everyone. | 大家早 早安,总统先生 |
[12:46] | Good morning, sir. good morning, sir. | 大家早 早安,总统先生 |
[12:47] | Sit down, sit down, please. | 请坐 |
[12:49] | The point they’re going to make | 他们争论的重点是 |
[12:50] | Is that the rules discriminate against bananas | 欧盟法规歧视由较为贫穷的 |
[12:52] | From poorer latin american countries. | 拉丁美洲国家进口香蕉 |
[12:54] | Are we a poorer latin american country? | 我们是较为贫穷的 |
[12:55] | No. | 拉丁美洲国家吗? |
[12:56] | Then why am I having this conversation? | 不是 那干嘛跟我说这些? |
[12:58] | Because the bananas grown in those countries | 因为那些国家种植的香蕉 |
[13:00] | Are sold by american companies. | 由美国公司销售 |
[13:01] | So I’m in trouble with chiquita and dole? | 我惹上了水果公司? |
[13:04] | Well, it’s not you so much as… | 不是你,就事论事… |
[13:07] | Yeah, it’s mostly you. | 对,大半是你 |
[13:09] | Toby? | 托比 |
[13:10] | Yes, sir? | 是的,总统 |
[13:11] | We have appointed five people | 我们指派了五个人 |
[13:12] | To the corporation for public broadcasting. | 到公共电视台 |
[13:15] | Republicans in the house | 众议院的共和党议员 |
[13:16] | As well as an alarming number of democrats | 和为数惊人的民主党议员 |
[13:19] | Have been holding up those appointments. | 一直在拖延我们指派的人 |
[13:21] | I-i’ve been fully briefed. | 我听说了 |
[13:22] | As far as I can tell, their reluctance | 据我所知,他们的不乐意 |
[13:24] | Has little, if anything, to do with bananas. | 和香蕉无多大关系 |
[13:26] | I’m meeting with some key people this afternoon. | 我今天下午 要和几个关键人物见面 |
[13:27] | You’re all set? | 你都准备好了? |
[13:28] | I… Was raised on sesame street, | 你都准备好了? |
[13:31] | I was raised on julia child, | 我从小是看公视的芝麻街 |
[13:33] | I was raised on brideshead revisited. | 和傅培梅等其他节目长大的 |
[13:36] | Their legacies are safe in my hands, sir. | 我会保存他们的优良传统 |
[13:38] | ( laughing ) | |
[13:40] | You’ve got a problem? | 你有意见吗? |
[13:43] | You watched cooking shows? | 你看烹饪节目? |
[13:45] | I watched miss julia child. | 我看傅培梅 |
[13:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:49] | Leo: c.j., mandy talk to you | 茜洁 |
[13:51] | About the lydells? | ��蒂跟你谈过莱德夫妇的事? |
[13:53] | Yeah. you’re going to sit with them? | 对 你要见他们 |
[13:54] | When they get in this afternoon. | 他们今天下午会来 |
[13:56] | President: then talk to the father. | 跟那位父亲谈谈 是的,总统 |
[13:57] | Yes, sir. and the mother, too– | 也要跟那母亲谈 但我关切的是那位父亲 |
[13:58] | But I’m concerned about the father. | 也要跟那母亲谈 但我关切的是那位父亲 |
[14:00] | Sir, if you don’t mind me asking | 若你不介意我问的话 |
[14:01] | What exactly is the nature of your concern? | 你关切的原因为何? |
[14:04] | Mandy says he’s withdrawn. | ��蒂说他很内敛,不太说话 |
[14:05] | That he doesn’t say much. | |
[14:07] | I don’t understand. his son was just killed. | 我不懂,他儿子才刚遇害 |
[14:09] | His son was just killed | 他儿子因是同性恋而遇害 |
[14:10] | Because he was gay. | |
[14:13] | And…? | 所以呢? |
[14:14] | This is no time to put a guy front and center | 他因儿子是同性恋 |
[14:16] | Who’s embarrassed that his son was gay. | 而觉得很没面子 这时不该要他出面 |
[14:20] | Really. | 真的吗? |
[14:21] | Fathers and sons, c.j. | 父子连心,茜洁 |
[14:24] | This guy sells dental supplies in the twin cities | 这人在双子城卖牙医用品 |
[14:26] | So how enlightened do you think he’s going to be? | 你认为他会有多开明? |
[14:29] | Yeah, but his son just died. | 但他儿子才刚遇害 |
[14:32] | Sit and talk to them. | 跟他们见面谈一谈 |
[14:33] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[14:34] | President: is that it? | 是的,总统 就这样吗? |
[14:36] | Mr. President, I was wondering if you had an opportunity | 总统先生 |
[14:38] | To look at the sex education report? | 不知你是否看过性教育报告? |
[14:40] | I haven’t had a chance yet. | 我还没机会看 |
[14:41] | ’cause it’s very dramatic. | 这报告极具戏剧性 |
[14:42] | We should talk about the right forum | 我们该讨论以何种方式 |
[14:44] | With which to present it to the public. | 介绍给大众 |
[14:46] | I’ll look it over and we’ll talk at the end of the day. | 让我先看看 我们下班前再讨论 |
[14:48] | Yes, sir. thank you. | 好的,总统,谢谢你 |
[14:49] | Josh and sam, wait up a second. | 乔西和山姆等一下 |
[14:51] | Leo, don’t go away. Mm-hmm. | 里奥,别走开 |
[14:56] | Excuse us, lindell. | 请回避一下 |
[14:56] | Thank you. | |
[15:00] | What time are you going up to the hill? | 你们几点要去国会山�P? |
[15:02] | Noon. | 中午 |
[15:04] | I want to preempt a hearing. I don’t want it. | 我要先发制人,我不要听证会 |
[15:06] | I don’t want it for leo. | 我不要里奥受罪 |
[15:07] | I don’t want it for his family. | 不要他的家人受罪 不要我们受罪 |
[15:08] | I don’t want it for us. | 不要他的家人受罪 不要我们受罪 |
[15:10] | They know that and they’re going to play “Let’s make a deal.” | 他们心知肚明 所以一定会跟我们谈条件 |
[15:13] | Don’t take anything off the table | 在没跟我谈之前 |
[15:15] | Until you’ve talked to me, you understand? | 别答应他们任何事情,懂吗? |
[15:17] | Yes, sir. okay. | 是的,总统 |
[15:20] | Unless a war breaks out | 除非战争爆发 |
[15:21] | I’ll be spending much of my day talking about bananas. | 不然我整天都得讨论香蕉 |
[15:24] | Godspeed to you, sir. | 祝你顺利,总统 谢谢 |
[15:25] | Thank you. | 祝你顺利,总统 谢谢 |
[15:26] | Thank you, mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[15:27] | All right. | |
[15:35] | Is simon blye coming in to meet with you today? | 赛蒙柏莱今天是不是要来见你 |
[15:38] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道? |
[15:39] | I broke into your secret schedule compartment | 我潜入你的密室 |
[15:42] | And took infrared photos with my compact camera. | 用迷你相机拍摄红外线照片 |
[15:44] | Sir… | 总统… 玛格告诉我的 |
[15:45] | Margaret told me. look… | 总统… 玛格告诉我的 |
[15:46] | Why are you meeting with that man? | 是这样的… 你为何要跟他见面? |
[15:50] | He’s a good friend. | 他是我的好朋友 |
[15:51] | No, he’s not. | 才不是 |
[15:53] | He’s been a good friend to me. | 他一直对我很好 |
[15:55] | In good times, leo. | 在顺遂的时候 |
[15:56] | It’s not hard to like a guy when he’s doing well. | 一个人风光时大家都喜欢他 |
[15:58] | The measure of a man | 衡量一个人… |
[16:00] | Is how does he behave when things are otherwise? | 要看他在你不如意时如何表现 |
[16:05] | I need some counsel. | 我需要一些意见 |
[16:06] | That you couldn’t get from me… | 你不能来找我? |
[16:08] | Or toby or josh or sam or c.j.? | 或托比、乔西、山姆或茜洁? |
[16:10] | I didn’t mean that, mr. President, and– | 我不是这个意思,总统先生… 我了解你… |
[16:12] | I know you. and, of course, your counsel | 你提供的意见我当然最为重视 |
[16:14] | Is valued above all else. | |
[16:16] | I just meant… | 我只是想…多找些人来帮忙 |
[16:19] | I can use all the help I can get. | |
[16:20] | You put a lot of faith in people, leo | 你对人太有信心 |
[16:22] | And I love you for that. | 我喜欢你这点 |
[16:24] | I just don’t want to see you get disappointed. | 我只是不想见你失望 |
[16:26] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[16:27] | Especially now. | 尤其是现在 |
[16:30] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[16:32] | Okay. | |
[16:38] | Oh, at some point, you’ve got to read the sex ed report. | 你得找时间读性教育报告 我会的 |
[16:41] | I will. | 谢谢你,总统先生 谢谢 |
[16:42] | Thank you, sir. thank you. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[16:47] | Hey. Hey! | 谢谢 |
[16:49] | Tell me something. | 提供我一点意见 好 |
[16:50] | Okay. | 非公开谈话行吗? 当然 |
[16:51] | Are we off the record? | 非公开谈话行吗? 当然 |
[16:52] | Sure. are we? | 真的吗? 是的 |
[16:53] | Yes. feels like we’re | 真的吗? 是的 感觉还是公开谈话 |
[16:54] | Still on the record. | 感觉还是公开谈话 |
[16:55] | I don’t flick a switch. | 我又没按录音机 |
[16:56] | We’re off the record. | 所以这是非公开谈话 |
[16:57] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[16:58] | What was it? | 什么事? |
[16:59] | It was… Nothing. | 没什么 |
[17:01] | I want to make it very clear | 我想说清楚我不反对我们亲吻 |
[17:02] | That I have no objection to the kissing. I understand. | 我了解 |
[17:05] | I didn’t want you to think | 我不要你认为 |
[17:06] | That it was a problem for me. | 那会对我造成困扰 |
[17:07] | There won’t be any more kissing. | 以后不会再有亲吻了 |
[17:10] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 真令人遗憾 |
[17:15] | Is it possible that a father could be embarrassed | 一个父亲有可能 在他儿子遇害后 |
[17:18] | About his son being gay | 还对儿子是同性恋的事 |
[17:19] | Even after his son was murdered? | 觉得羞耻吗? |
[17:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:25] | Possible to the extent That he’d be disinclined to support a law | 到他不愿支持对仇恨犯罪者 |
[17:28] | That would impose stiffer penalties Upon the perpetrators of hate crimes | 加重刑罚的程度吗? |
[17:32] | Including the ones | 包括那些将他十七岁的儿子 |
[17:33] | Who tied his 17-year-old son to a tree | 绑在树上 |
[17:35] | And threw rocks at his head? | 用石块砸他头的罪犯 |
[17:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:42] | It eludes me. | 我想不透 |
[17:43] | I know. okay. | 我知道 |
[17:45] | You going to tell us | 好吧 你会告诉我们那个先遣人员 和直升机的事吗? |
[17:46] | About the advance guy and the helicopter? | 你会告诉我们那个先遣人员 和直升机的事吗? |
[17:47] | I’ll have information on friday. | 我星期五会把资料交给你们 |
[17:49] | You’ll dump it in the friday trash. | 跟星期五的垃圾一起丢出来? |
[17:50] | He’s a c-level aide to the vice president. | 他是副总统的C级助理 |
[17:52] | He’s resigning. you want to run a special section? | 他要辞职了 你还要写篇特别报导吗? |
[17:54] | Just minding the people’s business. | 我是在照顾大众的权益 |
[17:56] | A job you’re uniquely suited for. | 非常适合你的工作 |
[17:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 再见 |
[17:58] | Good-bye. | 好,再见 |
[17:59] | Okay. See ya. | 好,再见 |
[18:03] | Okay, you should go now. | 你该走了 |
[18:07] | I work here. | 这是我的办公室 |
[18:09] | Yes… Then… | 是的,那我该走了 |
[18:11] | I should go. Okay. | 好 |
[18:21] | Bruno: this isn’t a trial. | 这不是审判,不是录证词 |
[18:22] | this isn’t a deposition. You won’t be sworn in. | 你们无须宣誓 |
[18:25] | You’re not on the record. | 你们说的话不会被记录下来 |
[18:27] | There will be no record. | 不会有任何纪录 |
[18:28] | I sit on the house appropriations subcommittee | 我是众议院白宫预算和管理 |
[18:31] | For white house budget and management. Thanks. | 拨款委员会主席 |
[18:35] | Many of my colleagues, as you can imagine | 你们可以想见,我很多同事 |
[18:37] | Are asking that hearings be held | 都要求举行听证会 |
[18:38] | To determine if there was any wrongdoing | 以决定白宫资深幕僚人员 |
[18:40] | On the part of senior white house staffers | 在掩饰里奥马加瑞 |
[18:42] | In covering up leo mcgarry’s past problems | 过去的酗酒嗑药行为时 |
[18:44] | With alcohol and drugs. | 是否有不当之处 |
[18:47] | I want to see if we can avoid that. | 我想看看是否能避免那样 |
[18:49] | As I’m sure you do, as well. | 我确信你们也一样 |
[18:51] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[18:53] | So… What happened? | 好,情况究竟为何? |
[18:56] | Leo? | 里奥 |
[18:57] | Is he here? | 他来了吗? 是的 |
[18:58] | Yes. | 他来了吗? 是的 请他进来 |
[18:59] | Send him in. | 请他进来 |
[19:02] | Leo! simon. | 里奥 |
[19:04] | Thanks so much for coming. | 赛蒙,谢谢你专程赶来 |
[19:05] | Of course. | 那当然 出入没问题吧 |
[19:06] | Any trouble getting here? | 没有 尊夫人好吗? |
[19:06] | No, no. | 没有 尊夫人好吗? |
[19:07] | How’s meredith? | 没有 尊夫人好吗? |
[19:08] | Spending all her time in the country now. | 现在都在乡间养老了 |
[19:11] | Well… | 那栋房子是你盖的,赛蒙 |
[19:11] | You built the house, simon. | |
[19:13] | ( laughing ) | |
[19:16] | And I know you’re busy, leo. | 我知道你很忙 |
[19:18] | Why don’t we talk about you? Okay. | 我们就来谈谈你吧 |
[19:21] | Sam: this past november 21st | 去年十一月二十一日 |
[19:23] | Congressman lillienfield announced In a sort of reckless fashion | 李林菲德众议员轻率地宣布 |
[19:26] | That one in three white house staffers was on drugs. | 白宫幕僚三人中就有一人嗑药 是的 |
[19:29] | We were in the midst of announcing our nominee | 当时我们正忙着提名 |
[19:31] | For the supreme court So there was a certain amount… | 最高法院大法官,所以相当… |
[19:34] | You didn’t want to blow the moment. | 你们不想转移大家的注意力? |
[19:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:36] | You can speak candidly here. | 你有话可以直说,乔西 |
[19:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:39] | Did toby ziegler ask you to investigate the claim? | 托比齐格是否要你们 去调查此一指控? |
[19:41] | Sam: “Investigate” is a word that | 就是这个“调查”字眼 |
[19:42] | Gets us into some trouble. ah. | 害我们惹祸上身的 |
[19:44] | You conducted interviews with staffers to determine… | 你们和幕僚人员进行面谈 以决定… |
[19:47] | As a first glance. | 就第一眼印象… |
[19:48] | Right. | 对,是否有幕僚人员嗑药 或任何人知道幕僚人员嗑药 |
[19:49] | If there were any staffers using drugs | 对,是否有幕僚人员嗑药 |
[19:50] | Of if anyone knew of any staffers using drugs. | 或任何人知道幕僚人员嗑药 |
[19:52] | Josh: that’s right. | 是的 |
[19:53] | Bruno: and claypool subpoenaed | 而克莱卜要求调阅 |
[19:55] | The paperwork on the interviews. | 这些面谈文件 |
[19:57] | Under the freedom of information act. | 以资讯自由法案的名义 |
[19:59] | Okay. | 我这里有克莱卜的证词 |
[20:00] | I’ve got your claypool deposition here And I want to talk about it for a moment. | 我想讨论一下 |
[20:05] | Josh: sure. | 好啊 |
[20:07] | Simon: josh lyman and sam seaborn– | 我知道乔西赖曼和山姆希朋 |
[20:08] | It’s my understanding They’re up with bruno’s people right now. | 现正和布鲁诺会谈 |
[20:11] | That’s right. | 是的 为避免举行听证会而努力 |
[20:11] | Trying to avoid a hearing. | 是的 为避免举行听证会而努力 |
[20:13] | They won’t be successful. | 对 他们不会成功的 |
[20:16] | Josh and sam are pretty good. | 乔西和山姆能力不错 |
[20:18] | And bruno’s a reasonable guy, so… | 布鲁诺也是个讲理的人… |
[20:19] | There’s going to be a hearing, leo | 一定会有听证会 |
[20:21] | And it’ll take months and it’ll be awful. | 而且将历时数月,惨不忍睹 |
[20:23] | We’re going to hear stories about booze and pills | 你酗酒嗑药和其他丑事的 |
[20:26] | And god knows what else you did. Oh, simon… | 内幕会一一曝光 |
[20:28] | The president’s got a budget to pass | 赛蒙… 总统有预算案要通过 |
[20:30] | He’s got to get mendoza confirmed | 他必须让孟道萨获得确认 |
[20:32] | And in nine months, he’s got to get | 九个月后,他还得让 |
[20:34] | A democratic congress elected. | 民主党国会胜选 |
[20:37] | Leo… | 里奥… |
[20:41] | Simon, did you come here to tell me | 赛蒙,你是来跟我说 |
[20:42] | You think I should resign? | 你认为我该辞职吗? |
[20:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:46] | I’ve offered the president my resignation. | 我向总统提出辞呈,他不接受 |
[20:49] | He won’t accept it. | |
[20:52] | He’s blinded by friendship and he’s being foolish | 他被友情蒙蔽了 而且他那样很愚蠢 |
[20:55] | And you should point that out to him. | 你应该向他点明 |
[21:03] | Simon, I’m just taking a guess– | 赛蒙,我只是在猜想 |
[21:06] | Is there an op-ed piece coming out | 是否有什么评论文章要刊出 |
[21:08] | That I should know about? | 我该知道的? |
[21:10] | In tomorrow’s post. | 明天的华盛顿邮报 |
[21:12] | I wanted to let you know as a courtesy | 礼貌上我要让你知道 |
[21:13] | Since we’ve been friends for so long. | 因为我们的交情那么久了 |
[21:15] | I have a copy with me… | 我带了一份副本 |
[21:16] | No, I don’t need to see it. | 我不需要看,我知道写些什么 |
[21:17] | I know what it says. | |
[21:18] | Leo… | 里奥… |
[21:19] | For the good of the party. | 里奥… |
[21:21] | For the good of the president. | 为了党的利益 为了总统着想… |
[21:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:23] | A leading democrat comes out in the post | 民主党要员在华盛顿邮报上 |
[21:25] | And calls for my resignation. | 要我辞职 |
[21:26] | That probably won’t get much attention… | 那可能不会引起太多注意 |
[21:28] | Leo… | 里奥… |
[21:29] | And it will definitely not distract | 里奥… |
[21:31] | From the president’s agenda. | 也绝对不会改变总统的 既定政策 |
[21:32] | Now, hang on a second… I haven’t seen you | 慢着… 好一阵没看到你出现在 星期天上午的谈话节目了 |
[21:33] | Making the rounds | 好一阵没看到你出现在 |
[21:35] | On the sunday morning talk shows in a while, simon. | 星期天上午的谈话节目了 |
[21:38] | I’m glad I could help out. | 我很高兴能让你上电视亮相 |
[21:41] | I was hoping this would go differently. | 我原本希望会有不同的结果 |
[21:43] | Tell me something– | 告诉我 |
[21:44] | Where’s your grave concern | 当你和大西洋石油公司勾结时 |
[21:45] | For country, party and president when you’re out whoring | 你对国家、党、总统 |
[21:48] | For standard oil? | 的关切在哪里? |
[21:53] | I’m insulted by that. | 这真是一大侮辱 |
[21:55] | Well, god, I sure didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. | 天啊,我无意要伤你的心 |
[21:57] | I do not… think you should walk out of here now. | 我不… 我想你现在该走出去了 |
[21:59] | Leo… as a matter of fact, I think you should run. | 里奥… 事实上,我认为你该用跑的 |
[22:13] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[22:17] | Josh: how long? | 为时多久? |
[22:19] | Bruno: after the midterms. | 到期中之后 |
[22:20] | That’s almost a year. | 那几乎是一年 是的 |
[22:21] | Yes, sir. | 你要白宫把这事搁置一年? 是的 |
[22:22] | You want the white house | 你要白宫把这事搁置一年? |
[22:23] | To keep this in a drawer for a year? | 是的 |
[22:25] | Yes, sir. why? | 为什么? |
[22:27] | I don’t want them to beg. nobody does. | 我不想辩论,没有人想 |
[22:30] | Nobody wants to support it. | 没人要支持,没人想反对 |
[22:31] | Nobody wants to oppose it. | 没人想辩论 |
[22:33] | Nobody wants the debate– not till after midterms. | 至少要等到期中之后 |
[22:35] | We put this thing in a drawer for a year | 我们把这事搁置一年 |
[22:37] | And you can guarantee us… | 你就可以保证… |
[22:38] | There’ll be no hearings in the house. | 众议院不会举行听证会 |
[22:40] | The president will never go for it. | 总统绝对不会答应 他会答应 |
[22:41] | Yes, he will. | 里奥马加瑞没做错什么 其他人也都没有 |
[22:42] | Leo mcgarry hasn’t done anything wrong. | 里奥马加瑞没做错什么 |
[22:44] | Neither has anyone else. | 其他人也都没有 |
[22:46] | The hearings aren’t going to turn up anything. | 听证会查不出什么结果 |
[22:48] | We’re not frightened enough… | 我们没怕到要抵制的地步 |
[22:50] | Oh, stop it. honest to god. | 够了,真是的 |
[22:54] | It doesn’t matter what the hell the hearing turns up. | 听证会就是听证会 |
[22:56] | It’s a hearing. | 有无结果无关紧要 |
[22:58] | This one is drugs so it’s sexy. | 这次事关嗑药,引人遐思 |
[23:00] | This is geraldo’s dream come true. | 是谈话节目主持人最好的题材 |
[23:03] | So don’t get up with me, okay? | 不要跟我唱反调好吗? |
[23:05] | I am throwing you a rope. | 我是在给你们台阶下 |
[23:08] | Something I’d like the two of you to remember | 下次你们再大放厥词时 |
[23:09] | The next time you’re mouthing off on face the nation. | 可要记得这份人情 |
[23:12] | You can’t get anything done | 你们成不了任何事的 |
[23:13] | ’cause house republicans are vindictive. | 因为共和党众议员有仇必报 |
[23:18] | This is what happens | 你们找来童子军治理白宫 |
[23:19] | You put teenagers in the white house. | 就会出这种状况 |
[23:21] | You guys screwed this up from the beginning. | 你们从一开始就搞砸了 |
[23:24] | You should have been there first on mcgarry. | 你们应先调查马加瑞 |
[23:26] | You should have had the white house counsel’s office | 应让白宫律师办公室 |
[23:29] | Run the internal investigation. | 主导内部调查 |
[23:30] | You come remarkably close to perjury | 你们在克莱卜录证词时 |
[23:33] | In this claypool deposition. | 差一点就作了伪证 |
[23:35] | I’d like to hold hearings | 我想开听证会说 |
[23:37] | Into the two of you being stupid. | 你们两个很愚蠢 |
[23:42] | But I don’t have that kind of time. | 但我没那个时间 |
[23:46] | Here’s the phone. | 电话在这里 |
[23:47] | I’m sure the president is waiting for your call. | 我确信总统在等你们回消息 |
[23:50] | Excuse us. | 恕我们失陪 |
[24:05] | Toby, your argument isn’t with us. | 托比,你的论点我们不同意 |
[24:07] | We watch pbs. we like pbs. | 我们看公视,我们喜欢公视 |
[24:10] | But we also work for congressmen | 但我们的国会议员上司 |
[24:12] | Who have constituencies | 有选民想知道 |
[24:13] | That want to know why the federal government | 为何联邦政府要资助 |
[24:16] | Is subsidizing television for rich people. | 有钱人的电视台? |
[24:20] | It’s not television for rich people. | 那不是有钱人的电视台 |
[24:21] | Oh, toby… it’s not television for rich people. | 托比… 那不是有钱人的电视台 |
[24:24] | In fact, the public television audience | 事实上,公视的观众 |
[24:26] | Is a fairly accurate reflection | 相当正确地反应了 |
[24:27] | Of the social and economic makeup of the united states. | 美国的社会和经济结构 |
[24:30] | One quarter of the pbs audience is in households | 四分之一的公视观众 |
[24:33] | With incomes lower than $20,000 a year. | 家庭年收入低于两万美元 |
[24:35] | Blacks comprise 11% of the public television audience | 公视观众有11%是黑人 |
[24:37] | And blacks comprise 11% of the commercial tv audience. | 商业电视台的观众 11%也是黑人 |
[24:40] | 47% of pbs viewers have a high school education, or less | 47%的公视观众 教育程度是高中以下 |
[24:44] | Which is one percent better than the commercial tv audience. | 这比商业电视台还高1% |
[24:47] | So, what are you talking to me about? | 所以你们在跟我说什么? |
[24:49] | Are they here? they’re in the mural room. | 他们来了吗? 他们在壁画厅 |
[24:50] | Why don’t you get mandy. | 请你去叫��蒂 你知道她在哪里吗? |
[24:51] | Do you know where she is? | 请你去叫��蒂 你知道她在哪里吗? |
[24:53] | She’s in the oval office, having what must be | 她在椭圆办公室 |
[24:54] | A very comfortable conversation With the president. | 和总统很“自在”的谈话 |
[24:59] | President: “The majority of young people | 大部分年轻人在青少年时期 |
[25:01] | “Move from kissing to more intimate sexual behaviors “During their teenage years. | 由亲吻发展至更亲密的性行为 |
[25:06] | More than 50% engage in petting behavior.” | 五成以上进行抚摸行为 |
[25:09] | That’s what I think it is, right? | 那是我所知道的那回事吧 |
[25:10] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[25:12] | “By the age of 14 | 到了十四岁 |
[25:13] | “More than 25% have touched a girl’s…” | 两成五以上已触摸过女孩的… |
[25:17] | I won’t say that word. | 我不要说那个字 |
[25:21] | Not going to say that. | 也不说这个字 |
[25:23] | Okay. | |
[25:25] | Not going to say that. | 也不说这个字 |
[25:27] | Excuse me, mr. President. | 对不起,总统先生 是的 |
[25:28] | Yes? | 对不起,总统先生 是的 |
[25:29] | Mandy, the lydells are waiting in the mural room. | ��蒂,莱德夫妇在壁画厅等候 |
[25:31] | Does c.j. Know? | 茜洁知道了吗? |
[25:32] | She’s waiting outside. | 她在外面等 |
[25:33] | Mr. President? | 总统先生… 去吧 |
[25:34] | Go. | 总统先生… 去吧 |
[25:35] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢总统 |
[25:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:40] | Would you like to share what’s in that report, sir? | 你愿意分享那份报告的内容吗 |
[25:42] | With you? | 跟你? 是的,总统 |
[25:43] | Yes, sir. | 不要 可以请问原因吗? |
[25:43] | No. | 不要 |
[25:45] | May I ask why not, sir? | 可以请问原因吗? |
[25:47] | Because I’d rather not be in therapy | 因为我不想下半辈子 |
[25:48] | For the rest of my life. | 靠心理治疗度日 |
[25:51] | Very well, sir. | 好吧 |
[25:55] | ( door closes ) | |
[25:56] | I won’t say that word. | 我不说那个字 |
[26:04] | Mr. And mrs. Lydell? | 莱德先生太太,我是茜洁葛瑞 |
[26:05] | Yes. | |
[26:05] | I’m c.j. Cregg | |
[26:08] | And you’ve already met mandy. | 你们见过��蒂了 |
[26:10] | Yes. How do you do? | 是的,幸会 |
[26:12] | Please sit. | 请坐 |
[26:13] | We want to thank you for coming such a long way | 我们要感谢你们远道赶来 |
[26:15] | Particularly so soon after this unspeakable tragedy. | 尤其是悲剧才刚发生不久 |
[26:18] | Well, we’re glad to be here. | 我们很高兴能来 |
[26:20] | That’s why we asked to talk to you for a minute. | 莱德太太,这就是 我们要和你们谈话的原因 |
[26:22] | It was mandy’s impression– and perhaps it was mistaken– | ��蒂有这样的印象 或许她弄错了 |
[26:26] | That you and your husband Uh, have some reservations | 你们两位对于出面支持总统 |
[26:29] | About appearing in support Of the president. | 持保留态度 |
[26:35] | I hate to have to put it so bluntly | 很抱歉我必须说得这么直率 |
[26:36] | But is that true? | 但这是真的吗? |
[26:37] | C.j. | 茜洁,我们强烈支持 总统明晚要签署的仇恨犯罪法 |
[26:38] | We strongly support the hate crimes law | 茜洁,我们强烈支持 |
[26:40] | The president is signing tomorrow night. | 总统明晚要签署的仇恨犯罪法 |
[26:42] | Mr. Lydell? | 莱德先生? |
[26:43] | Yes? | 是的 |
[26:45] | I’m sorry. I was asking… | 对不起,我问的是…莱德先生 |
[26:48] | Mr. Lydell, I don’t know… how else to put this | 我不知如何启齿 |
[26:54] | But if you appear in front of the press | 但若你出现在媒体面前 |
[26:57] | To be at all embarrassed | 对令郎是同性恋 |
[26:59] | By your son’s homosexuality… | 表现出很羞愧的样子… |
[27:02] | I guess, let me just ask… | 我再问一次…你支持总统吗? |
[27:05] | Do you support the president? | |
[27:07] | Yes. We do. | 是的,我们支持 |
[27:08] | No. We do not. | 不,我们不支持 |
[27:09] | Jonathan… | 不,我们不支持 |
[27:10] | No. That was really the last… No… | 不,那是最后的… |
[27:14] | We do not. | 拜托… |
[27:17] | The hate crimes bill is fine. | 不,我们不支持 仇恨犯罪法案没问题 |
[27:19] | Who gives a damn? | 谁在乎啊,无所谓,我懒得管 |
[27:20] | It’s fine. | 谁在乎啊,无所谓,我懒得管 |
[27:20] | I don’t care. | |
[27:22] | If you ask me, we shouldn’t be making laws | 若你问我,我会说我们不应 |
[27:24] | Against what’s in a person’s head | 制定法律限制人们的想法 |
[27:25] | But I don’t give a damn. | 但我不在乎,无所谓 |
[27:27] | It’s fine. | |
[27:30] | I don’t understand how this president, who I voted for… | 我不懂的是这位总统… 我投票给他的总统 |
[27:34] | I don’t understand how he can take | 他怎能对完全忽视 |
[27:36] | Such a completely weak-ass position on gay rights. Jonathan… | 同性恋者的权利 |
[27:40] | Gays in the military, same-sex marriage, gay adoption | 同性恋不能从军 同性不准结婚,不准收养小孩 |
[27:44] | Boards of education… | 入学会遭遇困难 |
[27:46] | Where the hell is he? | 他到哪里去了? |
[27:49] | I want to know what quality necessary to being a parent | 我想知道总统觉得 |
[27:53] | The president feels my son lacked. | 我儿子缺少哪样特质? 所以不能扶养小孩 |
[27:57] | I want to know from this president | 我去过越南两次,我想知道 |
[27:58] | Who has served not one day in uniform– I had two tours in vietnam– | 这位从没当过兵的总统 |
[28:03] | I want to know what quality necessary to being a soldier | 他觉得我儿子缺少哪样特质 |
[28:07] | This president feels my son lacked. | 因此不能从军 |
[28:13] | Lady, I’m not embarrassed | 小姐,我并不因为 |
[28:14] | That my son was gay… | 我儿子是同性恋而羞愧 |
[28:17] | My government is. | 感到羞愧的是我的政府 |
[28:25] | Will you excuse us a moment? | 失陪一下 |
[28:43] | Mandy… | ��蒂… |
[28:46] | We’re going to have to send them home. | 我们必须请他们回去 |
[28:47] | They’ll be fine. | 他们可以 他们不可以 |
[28:48] | They won’t be fine. | ��蒂… 那人说的你都听到了 |
[28:49] | Mandy… | ��蒂… 那人说的你都听到了 |
[28:50] | This thing’s going to be over | 听我说… 签署仪式一结束 媒体就会包围他们 |
[28:51] | And the press is going to surround them… | 签署仪式一结束 媒体就会包围他们 |
[28:53] | So the press surrounds him. | 包围就包围,他要说就让他说 |
[28:54] | He says what he says. | |
[28:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么?他… 他说得很有道理 |
[28:56] | He made a reasonable point, and maybe he’s got a right. | 而且以目前的情况而言 他有权利… |
[28:59] | To talk to reporters on our dime? | 利用我们给他的机会 向记者高谈阔论? |
[29:01] | Yeah. Maybe, yeah. | 对,是的 |
[29:04] | You are the white house press secretary. | 你是白宫发言人 |
[29:06] | They said they support the bill. | 他们说他们支持这法案 |
[29:08] | What else…? c.j. | 就这样,我的意思… |
[29:09] | Get it together. | 茜洁,搞清楚你的立场 |
[29:23] | Yeah. All right, all right, I know. | 好吧…我知道… |
[29:25] | I know. | |
[29:28] | We have to send them home. | 我们必须请他们回去 |
[29:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:31] | I’ll go let them know. | 我去告诉他们 |
[29:32] | No. | 不… |
[29:33] | No. I’ll do it. | 我去 |
[29:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:49] | Lock: I got news for you, toby. | 有个消息要告诉你,托比 |
[29:51] | When pbs claims that a majority of households | 当公视说大部分家庭 |
[29:53] | Are weekly viewers | 每星期都看他们的节目时 |
[29:55] | They use the nielsen index | 他们用的是根据日记记录的 |
[29:56] | That’s based on diaries. | 尼尔森收视率指数 |
[29:57] | Those results always show vastly higher pbs viewing | 那种调查的公视收视率 |
[30:00] | Than the numbers gathered by the automated boxes. | 总是大幅高于 由自动收视盒收到的数据 |
[30:02] | Why? Because they’re… | 什么原因?因为他们… |
[30:03] | Because people want to claim | 什么原因?因为他们… |
[30:05] | They’re more sophisticated than they are. | 因为人们想把自己说的 高尚一点 |
[30:07] | Lock: that’s right. | 没错 |
[30:08] | Look… | 听我说… 慢着,还有一件事 |
[30:10] | Hang on. there’s one other thing: | 听我说… 慢着,还有一件事 |
[30:11] | Uh, product licensing for big bird dolls | 大鸟娃娃和茸茸熊玩具… |
[30:13] | And fuzzy bear toys? | |
[30:15] | Fozzy bear. | 毛毛熊 |
[30:16] | Oh, well, whatever. | 随便啦 |
[30:17] | It’s fozzy bear, not fuzzybear. | 是毛毛熊,不是茸茸熊 |
[30:21] | Uh, product licensing for this merchandise brings in | 这些商品的生产授权 |
[30:24] | Over $20 million a year, none of which goes to pbs | 每年可赚两千万元 这些钱公视一毛都没拿到 |
[30:27] | All of which goes to the show’s producer– | 全进了节目制作单位 |
[30:30] | The children’s television workshop. | 儿童电视工作坊的口袋 |
[30:31] | Now, this is a company whose chief executive earns | 这家公司的主管年薪加红利 |
[30:33] | High six-figures in salary and benefits per year. | 高达六位数 |
[30:36] | Yet, sesame street is subsidized by taxpayer dollars. | 而芝麻街却要 拿纳税人的钱来补帖 |
[30:40] | It’s a perfectly reasonable complaint. | 这个申诉非常合理 |
[30:42] | Lock: and? | 然后呢? |
[30:44] | And I don’t care. | 我不在乎 托比… |
[30:45] | Toby… | 我不在乎 托比… |
[30:46] | We’re going to see to all those things. | 这些事情我们都会处理 |
[30:48] | In the meantime, at a time when the public is rightly concerned | 同时在大众关心 |
[30:51] | About the impact of sex and violence on tv | 电视的色情和暴力冲击时 |
[30:53] | This administration is going to protect the muppets! | 本政府将保护儿童节目 |
[30:56] | We’re going protect wall street week | 我们要保护“华尔街周报” |
[30:58] | We’re going to protect live from lincoln center | “林肯中心现场” |
[31:00] | And, by god, we are going to protect julia child. | 还要保护傅培梅 |
[31:02] | ( knocking ) | |
[31:02] | Toby… hang on. | 托比… 等一下 |
[31:09] | I got a message you wanted to see me. | 听说你要找我 |
[31:11] | I’ve got good news. what? | 我收到了好消息 什么好消息? |
[31:12] | Josh and sam cut a deal on the hill. | 乔西和山姆在国会山�P搞定了 |
[31:14] | No hearing for leo. | 里奥的事不开听证会 他可以化险为夷 |
[31:16] | Oh, toby, that’s… that’s great. | 托比,那…太好了 |
[31:19] | Yeah. I got to get back in there. | 我得进去了,里面太好玩了 |
[31:20] | This is just too much fun. | |
[31:28] | Sam? | 山姆 |
[31:30] | Cathy, there is a small town in alabama | 凯西,阿拉巴马州有个小镇 |
[31:32] | That wants to pass a law saying | 想通过一条法律规定 |
[31:34] | If I don’t honor my father I go to jail. | 若我不尊敬我父亲,就要坐牢 |
[31:36] | What do you think about that? | 你有什么看法? |
[31:38] | How do they know if you’re honoring your father or not? | 他们怎么知道 你有没尊敬你父亲? |
[31:40] | Yeah, I think they’ve overlooked that problem. | 他们大概忽略了那个问题 |
[31:43] | She’s here. | 她来了 |
[31:45] | Send her in. | 请她进来 |
[31:51] | Are you karen larsen? | 你是凯伦拉森? 是的 |
[31:52] | Yes. I’m sam seaborn. | 我是山姆希朋 |
[31:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:01] | The advance man you ratted out | 你去密告的那先遣人员 |
[32:02] | Doesn’t work for us anymore, karen. | 不为我们工作了 |
[32:04] | He works for the vice president. | 他现在是副总统的人手 |
[32:05] | Kind of screwed yourself. | 这下你害到自己了吧 |
[32:06] | I didn’t… | 我没有… |
[32:07] | Trying to win one for the vice president? | 我没有… 你是想替副总统扳回一城? 我没有… |
[32:09] | I didn’t… were you? | 是吗? 不是 |
[32:10] | I wasn’t. | 是吗? 不是 |
[32:11] | I’ve got four witnesses, karen. | 我有四名证人,凯伦 |
[32:12] | I’ve got ginger from my office | 有我办公室的金婕 |
[32:14] | I have a guy from political liaison | 政治联络室的一个男生 |
[32:15] | And two wire service reporters. | 两名通讯社记者 |
[32:17] | Trying to protect your boss? | 你是要保护你的上司吗? |
[32:18] | Mr. Seaborn… | 希朋先生 有人说你行为诡异,鬼鬼祟祟 好像在隐藏什么 |
[32:19] | People say you’ve been acting funny– | 有人说你行为诡异,鬼鬼祟祟 |
[32:21] | Like you’ve got something to hide. | 好像在隐藏什么 |
[32:23] | They think you’re the one | 他们认为先遣人员的事 是你泄漏出去的 |
[32:24] | That leaked the story about the advance. | 他们认为先遣人员的事 是你泄漏出去的 |
[32:26] | I’m thinking something different. | 我想的是另外一件事 |
[32:28] | Mr. Seaborn, I had absolutely nothing to do | 希朋先生,我跟记者发现 |
[32:29] | With the reporters finding out… | 先遣人员的事完全无关 |
[32:31] | I don’t give a damn about the round of golf. | 我不在乎高尔夫球 |
[32:32] | I don’t give a damn about the helicopter or about the advance. | 我不在乎直升机 |
[32:35] | Karen, look at me. | 我不在乎那个先遣人员 凯伦,看着我 |
[32:39] | Were you the one | 是你把里奥马加瑞的人事档案 交给李林菲德和克莱卜吗? |
[32:40] | Who gave leo mcgarry’s personnel file | 是你把里奥马加瑞的人事档案 |
[32:42] | To lillienfield and claypool? ( mumbles softly ) | 交给李林菲德和克莱卜吗? |
[32:48] | What? | 什么? |
[32:52] | Mr. Claypool is a family friend. | 克莱卜先生是我们家的世交… |
[32:54] | Cathy! | 凯西 |
[33:00] | Take her back to her office | 带她回她的办公室 |
[33:01] | And stand there while she cleans out her desk. | 在那里看她清理办公桌 |
[33:07] | Security is going to throw you out of the building | 十五分钟后 |
[33:09] | In 15 minutes. | 安全人员会把你赶出大楼 |
[33:16] | President: mrs. Landingham… | 蓝丁汉太太 是的,总统先生 |
[33:19] | You won’t believe this but I think I’d actually like a banana. | 你一定不相信 但我现在真的想吃根香蕉 |
[33:22] | I’m afraid not, sir, no. | 恐怕不行 |
[33:23] | Why not? | 为什么不行? |
[33:24] | You were offered one earlier, sir | 早先要给你时,你好凶 |
[33:26] | And you were snippy. I wasn’t snippy. | 我没凶 |
[33:28] | I’m afraid you were, mr. President. | 你有,总统先生,茜洁在等你 |
[33:30] | C.j. Is waiting, sir. | |
[33:32] | Thank you, mrs. Landingham. | 谢谢,蓝丁汉太太 |
[33:38] | She withholds food from me. | 她不给我吃香蕉 |
[33:40] | Mr. President, I hate to keep jumping up and down on this… | 总统先生,不是我要催你 但是… |
[33:43] | The sex ed report. yes, sir. | 性教育报告 是的,总统 |
[33:45] | We’re going to leave it alone | 我们暂时就把它搁下 总统,你说… |
[33:45] | For a while. | 我们暂时就把它搁下 |
[33:47] | Sir, when you say… | 总统,你说… |
[33:48] | After the midterm elections. | 到期中选举之后 那还有一年时间 |
[33:50] | That’s a year from now. yeah. | 对 我们就把它塞到抽屉里? |
[33:51] | We’re going to stick it in a drawer? | 对 我们就把它塞到抽屉里? |
[33:53] | It’s a pretty incendiary report. | 那报告煽动性很高 |
[33:55] | You don’t think we have an obligation | 你不认为我们有义务 把这资讯呈现… |
[33:56] | To present the information… | 你不认为我们有义务 把这资讯呈现… |
[33:58] | It’s not going to play well in the p.t.a. Meetings, c.j. | 学校开家长会时 它不会受欢迎的,茜洁 |
[34:01] | It says we should be teaching kids to have sex. | 上面说我们应教导小孩 进行性行为 |
[34:03] | It does not. | 没有,总统先生 对不起,上面没这么写 |
[34:04] | Mr. President– excuse me, sir– | 没有,总统先生 |
[34:05] | But it does not. | 对不起,上面没这么写 |
[34:06] | Of course it doesn’t. | 当然没有 |
[34:08] | But that’s how it’s going to play. | 但它有这样的效果 |
[34:09] | The report is very direct, sir. | 这报告写得很直接 |
[34:11] | It says withholding knowledge about having sex | 它说不教导性行为知识 |
[34:13] | Doesn’t prevent teenagers from having sex | 无法阻止青少年从事性行为 |
[34:15] | It prevents teenagers from having sex safely. | 反而阻止青少年 从事安全的性行为 |
[34:17] | Offering information about safe sex | 还说提供安全性行为知识 |
[34:20] | Doesn’t increase the rate of sex | 不会增加性行为的比率 |
[34:21] | It increases the rate of protected sex. | 会增加有防护措施的 性行为比率 |
[34:23] | C.j… we commissioned this report, mr. President. | 茜洁… |
[34:26] | These people are doctors. | 我们请专人去做这份报告 这些人都是博士 |
[34:27] | We asked them a question. | 我们请教他们一个问题 怎能因为不喜欢他们的答案 |
[34:28] | How can we put it in a drawer | 我们请教他们一个问题 怎能因为不喜欢他们的答案 |
[34:29] | ’cause people aren’t going to like their answer? | 就把东西塞进抽屉里 |
[34:30] | C.j., getting it through this congress– | 我们要通过国会的批准 |
[34:32] | A body which, at the moment | 而国会目前只愿意给我们 |
[34:34] | Will only give federal funding to sex education programs That teach abstinence only… | 教导禁欲的性教育经费… |
[34:39] | We have an enormous pulpit from which… | 我们有很多神职人员… |
[34:41] | And we will avail ourselves of that pulpit | 我们会去找那些神职人员 |
[34:43] | But we will do it after the midterm elections. | 但要期中选举之后再去找 |
[34:50] | I think I understand. | 我想我了解了 |
[34:57] | I needed to get leo off the hook, c.j. | 我必须帮里奥脱困 |
[35:00] | It’s the deal josh and sam made. | 这是乔西和山姆 跟对方交换的条件 |
[35:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:05] | We’ll deal with it after | 我们期中选举后再来处理… |
[35:06] | The midterm elections. | |
[35:09] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[35:10] | I was hoping you would. | 我本来就希望你会了解 |
[35:13] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[35:18] | Yes, sir. | 是,总统 |
[35:20] | Um, several members of the press already know | 多位媒体记者已经知道了 |
[35:25] | I think, the report | 报告回来时… |
[35:26] | Came back to us and… | 是,告诉他们我们已谈好条件 并无不妥 |
[35:26] | Yeah. | 是,告诉他们我们已谈好条件 |
[35:28] | There’s nothing wrong with telling them we got it. | 并无不妥 |
[35:30] | I wouldn’t make a big deal out of it. | 没什么大不了,我们谈好条件 |
[35:32] | We got it, we’re looking at it, we’re studying it. | 现在看着它,研究它 |
[35:34] | Throw it out with the trash. | 跟“垃圾”一起丢出去 |
[35:38] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 谢了,茜洁 |
[35:38] | Thanks, c.j. | 是的,总统 谢了,茜洁 |
[35:40] | Thank you. Sir. | 谢谢总统 |
[35:46] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[35:49] | We can all be better teachers. | 我们的教导方法都还有待改进 |
[35:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:17] | C.j.? | 茜洁… |
[36:19] | Hi. | |
[36:20] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[36:22] | Hmm? | |
[36:23] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[36:24] | I was, uh… | 我在… |
[36:28] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[36:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:32] | Danny? | 丹尼 |
[36:33] | Mm-hmm? | |
[36:43] | If you call mr. And mrs. Lydell in st. Paul… | 若你打电话去圣保罗 给莱德夫妇… |
[36:46] | Don’t. Don’t leak me a story. | 不要…不要泄漏消息给我 |
[36:48] | I wasn’t. I’ve seen this look | 我不是在… |
[36:49] | On the face of four other press secretaries before you. | 我在前四任发言人的脸上 看过这种表情 |
[36:52] | You got a story in the trash this week that’s a story. | 这星期的“垃圾”里有个消息 |
[36:54] | You want it out there, someone said “No.” | 你想让大家知道 但有人不答应 |
[36:57] | That happens sometimes. | 这星期都是大消息 这有时会发生 |
[36:58] | Four others and you never took a free lead? | 前四任发言人 而你从没拿到什么重要消息 |
[37:00] | I always took a free lead. | 我每次都拿到重要消息 那… |
[37:02] | Not from you. | 我不要你告诉我 |
[37:04] | Why? | 为什么? |
[37:05] | ’cause 20 minutes from now | 因为二十分钟后 |
[37:08] | You’re going to remember you’re a professional | 你会记起你是专业人士 |
[37:09] | And you’re not going to like me anymore. | 你就不会再喜欢我了 |
[37:15] | What makes you think I like you now? | 你凭什么认为我现在喜欢你? |
[37:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:19] | But as long as you keep grabbing me and kissing me | 但只要你继续抓住我吻我 |
[37:21] | What the hell do I care? | 我管那么多干嘛 |
[37:23] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[37:24] | If there’s a story | 若有什么消息,我会挖出来 |
[37:25] | I’ll find it. | 若有什么消息,我会挖出来 |
[37:26] | No, you won’t. | 你挖不到的 |
[37:27] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[37:30] | ’cause we’ve gotten very good at this. | 因为我们现在很厉害了 |
[37:33] | Yes, you have. Yes, we have. | 是的,你们很厉害 |
[37:40] | folks, take your seats please. we’re ready to start the briefing. Please take your seats. | 没错,我们很厉害 |
[37:45] | ( knocking ): leo. | 里奥 |
[37:46] | Yeah? | |
[37:47] | Karen larsen is here. | 凯伦拉森来了 |
[37:49] | Take your seats everybody. thanks. | 谢谢 |
[38:01] | I’m leo mcgarry. | 我是里奥马加瑞 |
[38:03] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[38:05] | I wanted to meet you. | 我想见你,我也想让你见我 |
[38:07] | And I wanted you to meet me. | |
[38:09] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[38:12] | Would you like to put down your things and talk for a minute? | 你要不要把东西放下 说几句话? |
[38:15] | If you don’t, I understand. | 你不想的话,我了解 |
[38:30] | When you read in my personnel file | 当你在人事档案看到 |
[38:32] | That I’d been treated for alcohol and drug abuse | 我曾接受酗酒和嗑药治疗 |
[38:35] | What went through your mind? | 你心里怎么想? |
[38:39] | Karen, it’s okay, you can say it. | 凯伦,没关系,你直说无妨 |
[38:41] | The worst thing I’m in power to do is fire you | 我最大的权限就是开除你 |
[38:43] | And I’ve already done that. | 我已经那么做了 |
[38:46] | My father drank a lot. | 我父亲嗜酒如命 |
[38:48] | So did mine. | 我父亲也是 |
[38:50] | In fact, he died from it. | 事实上,他还因喝酒丧了命 |
[38:52] | Came home late one night very drunk. | 某天深夜他喝得醉醺醺回家 |
[38:55] | My mother was yelling at him. | 我母亲对他大吼大叫 |
[38:56] | I’m not sure about what | 我不清楚为了什么 |
[38:57] | But I heard the yelling downstairs from my bedroom. | 但我从卧房听到楼下的叫骂声 |
[39:01] | She came upstairs and he went out to the garage | 她上楼来 |
[39:04] | And shot himself in the head. | 他跑到车库去举枪自尽 |
[39:08] | It’s that why you drank and took drugs? | 这就是你酗酒嗑药的原因? |
[39:12] | I drank and took drugs because I’m a drug addict | 我酗酒嗑药 |
[39:14] | And an alcoholic. | 是因为我喝酒嗑药上瘾 |
[39:17] | How long did it take you to get cured? | 你花多少时间治好这毛病? |
[39:21] | I’m not cured. | 我没好,这毛病不会好 |
[39:23] | You don’t get cured. | |
[39:25] | I haven’t had a drink or a pill in 6-1/2 years. | 六年半以来,我没喝过一杯酒 或吃过一粒药 |
[39:29] | Which isn’t to say I won’t have one tomorrow. | 这并不表示我明天不会吃 |
[39:35] | What would happen if you did? | 万一你吃了会怎么样? |
[39:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道,说不定是像 |
[39:39] | But probably a nightmare the likes of which Both our fathers experienced. | 你我父亲经历的那种噩梦 |
[39:44] | And me, too. | 我也曾经历过 |
[39:48] | And… | 六年半了 |
[39:49] | So, after 6-1/2 years you’re still not allowed to have a drink? | 你仍然一杯酒都不能喝? |
[39:54] | The problem is I don’t want the drink | 问题是我不想喝一杯酒 |
[39:57] | I want ten drinks. | 我想喝十杯 |
[40:00] | Are things that bad? | 情况有那么糟吗? |
[40:04] | No. | 没有 |
[40:05] | Then why? | 那为何要喝那么多? |
[40:07] | ’cause I’m an alcoholic. | 因为我是酒鬼 |
[40:12] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[40:14] | I know. It’s okay. | 我知道,没关系,几乎没人懂 |
[40:17] | Hardly anyone does. It’s very hard to understand. | 外人很难了解 |
[40:29] | You’re not like what I thought you would be like. | 你跟我想的不太一样 |
[40:34] | You haven’t answered my question yet. | 你还没回答我的问题 |
[40:37] | When you saw my personnel file | 当你看到我的人事档案 |
[40:39] | When you saw I’d been through treatment | 当你看到我曾接受治疗 |
[40:41] | What went through your mind? | 你心里怎么想? |
[40:45] | My father used to… | 我父亲曾… |
[40:53] | You have all these important decisions to make in your job. | 你的职务需要 你作出许多重要的决定 |
[40:57] | Every day. All the time. | 每一天,随时都有 |
[41:00] | Decisions I can’t even… | 我甚至无法想像的决定… |
[41:05] | You know, people’s lives. | 人命关天… |
[41:16] | Karen, what you did caused a lot of problems. | 凯伦,你做的事造成很多困扰 |
[41:21] | For me, for the president | 为我,为总统 |
[41:24] | For a lot of people we don’t even know. | 为很多我们根本不认识的人 |
[41:30] | But I’m not sure it wasn’t a little bit brave. | 但我觉得你很勇敢 |
[41:40] | Did you like working in the white house? | 你喜欢在白宫工作吗? |
[41:43] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[41:47] | Okay. Then why don’t you go unpack your carton | 那你何不去 把箱里的东西拿出来 |
[41:52] | And you and I will give each other a second chance. | 我们都给彼此再一次的机会 |
[42:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[42:05] | Okay. | 很好 |
[42:33] | C.j. ( on television ): just a couple of quick things more. | 很快再告诉各位几则消息 |
[42:34] | Chad margrudian has submitted his resignation | 查德马克利已向副总统 |
[42:37] | To the vice president’s office | 提出辞呈 |
[42:38] | Putting an end, I hope, to that affair. | 希望就此结束此一事件 |
[42:40] | We expect the president’s appointees | 总统派驻公共电视台人员名单 |
[42:42] | To the board of the corporation for public broadcasting To be confirmed early next week. | 可望在下星期初确认 |
[42:46] | Oh, and I have a note here that jonathan and jennifer lydell | 我收到通知,莱德夫妇 |
[42:48] | Won’t be able to be at the bill signing ceremony this evening. | 今晚不会出席法案签署仪式 |
[42:51] | There was some family business | 他们必须赶回圣保罗 |
[42:52] | That required them to go back to st. Paul. | 处理家庭事务 |