时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | previously on the west wing: | |
[00:06] | Hey. so, charlie | 查理,你晚上从不休假吗 |
[00:07] | You ever get a night off? No, actually. | 老实说,没有 |
[00:10] | No, I meant ’cause it’d be cool to go out or something. | 我是说出去玩玩挺好的 |
[00:12] | She asked you out? | 我女儿约你出去? |
[00:13] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[00:14] | I should have locked her | 我该把她关进地牢里 |
[00:15] | In the dungeon. | 删减加州46选区杜威尔 |
[00:16] | Are you the jackass choking off funding For the o’dwyer campaign in the california 46th? | 竞选经费的浑帐就是你吗 |
[00:20] | What in god’s name is happening? | 这里发生了什么事 |
[00:22] | You idiot! I’m joey lucas! | 你这白痴,我是乔伊路卡斯 |
[00:25] | What did I ever do to you? | 我哪里招你惹你了? |
[00:26] | You shouldn’t have made me beg. | 你不该让我求你的 |
[00:27] | I was asking you To be the vice president. | 我是要请你当副总统的 |
[00:30] | I’m upping your protection. | 我要增加你的警卫 |
[00:31] | I’m starting college in a month. | 我一个月后就要上大学了 |
[00:32] | Well, you’ll have plenty of friends | 你会有很多朋友陪你上课 |
[00:34] | to walk you to class. | |
[00:36] | President: I don’t like putting him in this position. | “洛城一日游” |
[00:38] | Leo: I know. | 这样为难他绝非我所愿 我知道 |
[00:40] | I just didn’t want you to think | 我不要你认为 |
[00:41] | I was getting any pleasure From putting him in this position. | 我为难他还觉得乐在其中 |
[00:44] | He knew the vote was going to be tight. | “美国东部标准时间 |
[00:46] | It’s ironic. | 上午2点38分” 他知道双方票数会平手 |
[00:48] | Yeah. | 真讽剌 |
[00:49] | I meant, it’s ironic that it all comes down | 是啊 |
[00:52] | To a vote on the ethanol tax credit. | 问题居然出在谷物酒精税 扣除额,这才真是讽剌 |
[00:54] | Yeah. 50-50 tie. | 五十比五十平手 |
[00:56] | I understand the irony. | 我了解其中的讽剌意味 |
[00:57] | Are you being brusque with me? | 你是在敷衍我吗? |
[00:59] | It’s 3:00 in the morning. | 现在是凌晨三点钟 |
[01:00] | I’m just saying you can’t blame me. | 我只是说他不能怪我 |
[01:02] | It’s what you get from having | 参议员人数是双数 |
[01:03] | An even number of senators. | 就会有这样的结果 |
[01:05] | Yeah, you should blame the constitution. That’s what I usually do. | 是啊,他该怪宪法 |
[01:08] | Yep. Ron, am I going to meet her | 我通常也都这么想 |
[01:11] | On the plane? | 朗尼,我在飞机上会见到她? |
[01:12] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[01:13] | Zoey’s got a new agent on her detail. | 柔伊有个新的随扈探员 |
[01:15] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[01:16] | Have you seen these agents? | 你见过这些探员? 见过 |
[01:17] | I’ve seen ’em. they got the hair | 他们留长发,背背包 |
[01:19] | And the backpacks and the clothes | 穿大学生衣服 |
[01:21] | Walking around campus strapped with a .44 magnum | 带着枪,耳朵里有塞着无线电 |
[01:24] | With a wire in their ear. | 走在校园里 |
[01:25] | They really blend in, huh? | 和大学生打成一片,对吧? |
[01:26] | Let me tell you something. | 和大学生打成一片,对吧? |
[01:27] | When it’s your kid, you don’t want ’em blending in. | 若是你的小孩 你不会要他们和别人打成一片 |
[01:29] | You want ’em wearing a sign that says | 你要他们挂个牌子写着 |
[01:31] | “I’m carrying a loaded gun and the safety’s off.” | “我带了装有子弹 |
[01:34] | Can I say this one last time? | 上了膛的枪” |
[01:37] | No. | 我可以再说最后一次吗? 不行 |
[01:40] | If you get tired… | 你如果累了… 里奥 |
[01:41] | Leo… | 在饭店过一夜 我不会累 |
[01:42] | Stay at the hotel for the night. | 在饭店过一夜 |
[01:43] | I won’t get tired. | 我不会累 |
[01:44] | You won’t sleep on the plane. | 你在飞机上无法入睡 |
[01:45] | You’ll be running around all day | 整天又要跑来跑去 |
[01:47] | And you got the fund-raiser at night. | 晚上还有募款晚会 |
[01:48] | I want to come home after the fund-raiser. | 募款晚会结束后,我就要回来 |
[01:50] | That’s a full day and night | 那是一整天一整夜 |
[01:52] | Plus round trip, d.c. to los angeles, in 24 hours. | 外加24小时内 华府洛杉矶来回 |
[01:55] | It’s really no good for you. | 对你的身体不好 |
[01:57] | It’ll be fine. | 我不会有事的 |
[02:01] | Be that way. | 你高兴就好 |
[02:03] | Your impersonation of my mother | |
[02:05] | Is getting sharper and sharper, you know that? | 你愈来愈像我妈了,你知道吗 |
[02:08] | Thank you. ( chuckles ) | 谢谢 |
[02:12] | ( jet engines whining ) | |
[02:26] | Leo: have a good flight, Mr. President. | 祝你旅途愉快 |
[02:27] | President: I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[02:29] | C.j.! Charlie! my flying companions. | 茜洁,查理,我的飞行同伴 |
[02:31] | C.j.: good morning, Mr. President. | 早安,总统先生 |
[02:32] | Charlie: good morning, sir. | 大家都上飞机了吗? 是的,总统 |
[02:33] | Everybody on board? | 大家都上飞机了吗? |
[02:34] | C.j.: yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[02:35] | Press in a good mood? | 记者们高兴吗? |
[02:36] | No, Mr. President, I wouldn’t say they were. | 总统先生,我看不太高兴 |
[02:38] | Why not? | 为什么不高兴? |
[02:39] | Well, they’re not wild about taking off At 3:00 in the morning, sir. | 他们不喜欢凌晨三点搭飞机 |
[02:41] | It’ll be great. | 我觉得棒透了 |
[02:42] | We’ll race the sun to the pacific horizon. | 我们要跟太阳比赛 看谁先抵达太平洋地平线 |
[02:44] | I’ll tell ’em that. | 我会转告他们 |
[02:46] | I’m sure it’ll pick ’em right up. | 他们听了一定精神大振 |
[02:47] | Good morning, everyone. | 大家早安 |
[02:49] | Sam, it’s going to be 50-50 on the ethanol tax credit. | 山姆,谷物酒精税扣除额 投票结果会是五十比五十 |
[02:52] | I can still make a couple calls. | 我还可以再打几个电话 |
[02:53] | Make all the calls you want. it’s going to be 50-50. | 你尽量打 结果会是五十比五十 |
[02:55] | Sir, josh and I would like an opportunity | 总统先生,乔西和我想跟您谈 |
[02:56] | To talk about the al kiefer meeting. | 和艾尔基佛见面的事 |
[02:58] | You two are so freaked out about this al kiefer meeting. | 你们俩被这件事吓坏了 |
[03:00] | Sir… listen to him, josh. | 我们就听他怎么说,乔西 |
[03:02] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[03:03] | You two want to see the best part | 你们要不要看 |
[03:04] | About having my job? | 当总统最过瘾的事情 |
[03:06] | Colonel, this is the president. | 上校,我是总统 我准备好,可以走了 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 “白宫风云” |
[03:08] | I’m ready to go. | |
[04:00] | Donna: it’s the clinique city block oil-free daily face protector. | 棒透了 这是倩碧都会无油防晒日霜 |
[04:03] | Spf-15? | 防晒指数十五? |
[04:05] | I brought the spf-15 and the spf-30. | “东部时间上午3点45分” 防晒指数十五和三十的 我都带了 |
[04:07] | Have you tried the lancome high-protection sunstick | 你用过兰蔻高防晒遮阳膏吗? |
[04:08] | For face and lips? No, did you bring it? | 没有,你带了吗? |
[04:11] | Plus the elizabeth arden modern skin care daily moisturizer. | 还带了伊丽莎白雅顿 护肤乳日用滋养 |
[04:13] | Do you understand we’ll be in california for one day? | 你们俩知道 我们在加州只待一天吗? |
[04:16] | There’s tanning time between 2:00 and 4:00. | 两点到四点之间有日光浴时间 |
[04:18] | And we have sensitive alabaster skin. | 我的皮肤雪白光滑又敏感 我也是 |
[04:20] | Cameron’s going to introduce a bill tomorrow morning. | 柯麦隆明天上午 |
[04:23] | Gays in the military? yep. | 会提出一个新法案 |
[04:24] | It’s cameron. Who cares? | 军中同性恋? 对 |
[04:25] | I have a feeling ted marcus might care. | 柯麦隆提的,谁在乎? 我感觉泰德马可斯会在乎 |
[04:27] | He’s not going to know. he might. | 他不会知道 他可能会知道 |
[04:29] | You were flying all night, don’t know anything, you’ll get back to him. | 你整晚都在飞机上 |
[04:31] | Yeah. | 什么都不知道,晚点再回覆他 |
[04:33] | Plus it’s cameron so who cares? | 提案的人是柯麦隆,谁在乎? |
[04:34] | Marcus is going to care. | 马可斯会在乎 |
[04:35] | Charlie: c.j. | 茜洁,你说他要往驾驶舱去时 要通知你 |
[04:36] | You wanted me to tell you | 茜洁,你说他要往驾驶舱去时 |
[04:38] | When he headed for the cockpit. Thank you. | 要通知你 |
[04:40] | This man has got to be stopped. | 谢谢 我非阻止他不可 |
[04:47] | How you doing? | 你好吗? |
[04:48] | Hey. | 你好吗? |
[04:49] | I don’t know if I’m going | 这趟旅程我可能无法照顾你 |
[04:50] | To be able to be as attentive | |
[04:51] | On this trip as you like. | |
[04:53] | That’ okay. you’re working. | 没关系,你要工作 |
[04:54] | Well, I’ve been trying to listen | 我一直想照你说的 |
[04:55] | To some of the many lessons you’ve been giving me On how to be a better boyfriend | 要当个好男友 |
[04:58] | And I know that attentiveness… | 我知道殷勤照顾… |
[04:59] | No, this is one of the times when it’s okay. | 我知道殷勤照顾… |
[05:01] | Okay. | 不,这种时候没有关系 |
[05:03] | It’s hard to tell the difference | 没有关系? |
[05:05] | Between those times and the other times. | 很难分辨 |
[05:07] | I know. | 有关系和没关系的时候 |
[05:09] | Doesn’t that suck for you? | 我知道,你不觉得很烦吗 |
[05:10] | A little bit, yeah. | 是有一点 |
[05:20] | Don’t be nervous. | 别紧张 好 |
[05:22] | Yeah. | 别紧张 |
[05:23] | ( knocks ) | 好 |
[05:24] | President: come on in. | 请进 |
[05:26] | Mr. President, this is special agent gina toscano. | 总统先生 这是吉娜塔斯卡诺探员 |
[05:31] | How do you do? | 幸会 |
[05:33] | How do you do, Mr. President? | 幸会,总统先生 |
[05:34] | I’ll step out, sir. | 我出去了,总统 |
[05:35] | Thank you, ron. | 谢谢你,朗尼 |
[05:36] | I’m sorry we haven’t had a chance | 很抱歉 现在才有机会跟你见面 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[05:37] | To meet before now. | 现在才有机会跟你见面 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[05:39] | You’ve been with zoey’s detail what? | 你当柔伊的随扈多久了 |
[05:40] | Two weeks today, sir. | 满两星期了,总统 |
[05:41] | You were in the army? | 制片:李维林威尔斯 你原来在陆军服役? 是的,总统 |
[05:42] | Yes, sir. how’d you get there? | 你原来在陆军服役? 是的,总统 怎么会到这里来? 我原来在陆军储备军官训练团 |
[05:44] | I was army rotc. ah. Where? | 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[05:46] | University of virginia. | 什么学校? 维吉尼亚大学 |
[05:47] | You’re a mountaineer. | 你是登山高手�� |
[05:48] | That’s west virginia, Mr. President. | 那是西维吉尼亚,总统先生 导演:亚伦泰勒 |
[05:50] | I’m a cavalier. | 我的专长是骑马 |
[05:52] | With a degree in? | 你有什么学位? |
[05:52] | Criminology, sir. | 犯罪学 |
[05:54] | So you were commissioned a second lieutenant? | 你的军阶是少尉 |
[05:56] | Yes, sir, with military police. | 是的,宪兵少尉 |
[05:57] | How old are you? | 你几岁? 我二十七岁,总统 |
[05:58] | I’m 27, sir. | 你几岁? 我二十七岁,总统 |
[06:00] | How long have you trained for this assignment? | 为了这职位你受训多久? |
[06:02] | A year and a half, sir. | 一年半,总统 |
[06:03] | What were you, the first one to sign up? | 你是第一个登记的? |
[06:06] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[06:07] | All right. | 很好 |
[06:13] | You know zoey’s dating | 你知道柔依和 |
[06:14] | My body man, charlie young, right? | 我的助理查理杨在交往? |
[06:15] | Yes, sir. | 知道 你也知道那些信? |
[06:16] | You know about the letters? | 知道 你也知道那些信? |
[06:17] | Of course, sir. | 当然知道 他们是白人至上主义者吗? |
[06:18] | Are they white supremacists? | 当然知道 他们是白人至上主义者吗? |
[06:19] | I can’t tell you for sure, Mr. President. | 我无法肯定告诉你,总统先生 |
[06:21] | We’ve been working fairly closely | 我们跟南方贫穷法律中心 |
[06:23] | With the southern poverty law center’s database | 和他们的资料库密切合作中 |
[06:25] | You don’t have artist sketches | 你们没有请人画像 |
[06:26] | Or psychological profiles or anything? | 或心理资料之类的吗? |
[06:29] | Not much of either one, Mr. President, but I know what | 两方面都没什么进展 |
[06:31] | I’m looking for in a crowd | 但我知道在群众中要注意什么 |
[06:33] | If that’s what you’re asking me, sir. It is. | 若那是你要问的 |
[06:38] | Yes, sir. | 没错 |
[06:41] | Okay. | 是的,总统 |
[06:44] | Zoey’s 19 and she wants to be a teenager. | 好,柔伊十九岁 |
[06:46] | She wants a college experience and I can’t blame her. | 她想和普通青少年一样 她想过大学生活,我不怪她 |
[06:49] | I loved college. | 我喜欢我的大学生活 我其他的女儿也一样 |
[06:50] | So did my other daughters. | 我喜欢我的大学生活 我其他的女儿也一样 |
[06:52] | I want zoey to be comfortable | 我要柔伊 对她的侍卫人员觉得自在 |
[06:53] | With her protection. | 我要柔伊 对她的侍卫人员觉得自在 |
[06:54] | I don’t want her trying to give you the slip. | 我不要她把你们甩掉 |
[06:56] | It’s not your job to tell me if she’s cutting english lit. | 你们不必告诉我 |
[06:59] | It’s not your job to tell me if she’s dying her hair blue | 她是否跷了英国文学课 不必告诉我她把头发染成蓝色 |
[07:02] | Or going to a strip club | 她去脱衣舞厅 |
[07:03] | Or whatever she’s doing with her friends. | 或她跟朋友做什么 |
[07:06] | You know what your job is. | 你知道你的工作是什么 |
[07:08] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[07:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:17] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[07:22] | Gina? yes, sir? | 吉娜 |
[07:23] | If she’s cutting english lit | 是的,总统 |
[07:25] | I want to know about it. | 若她跷了英国文学课 我想知道 |
[07:27] | No deal, Mr. President. | 不成,总统先生 |
[07:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:31] | ( chuckles ) | |
[07:35] | Leo: we didn’t say it enough. | “华盛顿特区 东部时间上午6点30分” |
[07:38] | Larry: we agree. | 我们说得不够多 我们同意 |
[07:39] | Leo: ethanol accounts for 20% of iowa’s corn crop. | 爱荷华州收成的两成玉米 是制酒用的 |
[07:41] | Ed: which doesn’t mean a lot outside of iowa. | 其他州情形并非如此… 但是… |
[07:43] | Larry: but still… | 其他州情形并非如此… 但是… |
[07:44] | The tax credit created 16… | 扣除额创造了一万六千… |
[07:45] | …16,000 new jobs | 一万六千个就业机会 |
[07:46] | That’s what we never said enough. | 这些重点我们宣传得不够多 |
[07:48] | We agree. is it over? | 我们同意 这样过关了吗? |
[07:50] | Sam’s been calling senators from the plane | 山姆过去一个半小时 |
[07:52] | For the last hour and a half. | 一直在飞机上打电话给参议员 |
[07:54] | The next time my phone rings | 下次我的电话响 |
[07:55] | It’s going to be him telling me it’s over. | 就是他来告诉我过关了 |
[07:57] | At least we’re going to win. | 至少我们会赢 |
[07:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:02] | Good morning. | 早安 早安,里奥,你必须签这个 |
[08:03] | Good morning, leo. | 早安 |
[08:05] | You need to sign this. | 早安,里奥,你必须签这个 |
[08:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:10] | And this. | 还有这个 |
[08:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:12] | Where it says your name, leo. | 好 |
[08:14] | You’re not the belgian foreign minister. | 签在有你名字的地方 你不是比利时外交部长 |
[08:17] | Look, I said I was sorry. | 我已经跟你道过歉了 |
[08:18] | I’m not upset. | 我没生气 |
[08:20] | I had to stay behind for this. | 我必须留下来 |
[08:22] | Of course. | 那当然 |
[08:23] | There’ll be other trips, margaret. | 以后还有机会,玛格 |
[08:25] | I know. There’ll be other trips. | 我知道…以后还有机会 |
[08:27] | Good. | 很好 |
[08:29] | Just not to california. | 只是不是去加州 |
[08:30] | Yes, to california. when? | 只是不是去加州 是去加州 什么时候? |
[08:31] | They got 54 electoral votes out there. | 是去加州 |
[08:33] | Something tells me we’re not going to be strangers. | 什么时候? |
[08:36] | ( phone rings ) | 那里有54张选举人票 我们会常去造访的 |
[08:37] | Leo mcgarry’s office. | 里奥马加瑞办公室 |
[08:39] | It’s sam. | 是山姆 |
[08:40] | Get the vice president over here. | 请副总统来一趟 |
[08:46] | Yeah. | 如何? |
[08:47] | Guys, everybody. | 如何? 各位…醒一醒… “太平洋标准时间 |
[08:52] | Sorry, but we’re landing in a few minutes | 上午五点四十分” 对不起 我们再几分钟就要降落 |
[08:54] | And I wanted to go over the itinerary. | 我想宣布一下行程 |
[08:57] | At the moment, we’re on schedule. | 目前我们准时 |
[08:59] | The president will be greeted at the airport | 哈克和简森国会议员 |
[09:01] | By congressman hark and jansen The mayor and various city council members. | 洛城市长和多位市议员 |
[09:05] | It’s photos only. | 会到机场来迎接总统 |
[09:06] | No formal remarks. | 只照相,不发表谈话 |
[09:08] | We’ll depart the airport at 6:20 for the hotel | 六点二十分离开机场到饭店 |
[09:10] | At which point I predict | |
[09:11] | We will no longer be on schedule. | 我预计从这时起 我们无法准时 |
[09:14] | at the hotel, the president will get | 总统会在饭店里 |
[09:16] | his morning security briefing | 听取早上的安全简报 |
[09:18] | followed by two hours of personal staff time. | 接下来是 两小时的私人幕僚时间 |
[09:20] | at 10:00 a.m., we’ll leave for orange county | 上午十点,我们将前往橘郡 |
[09:22] | for a meeting with civic leaders | 和地方领袖会面 |
[09:24] | where the president will hear a discussion | 总统将听取如何修改宪法 |
[09:26] | on the current proposal to amend the constitution to prohibit the burning of the flag. | 禁止焚烧国旗的建议 |
[09:31] | at 3:00 p.m. We go to the a.m.e. Church in south-central | 下午三点,我们前往中南区 |
[09:34] | for a town hall meeting on school vouchers. | 美以美监理教会 |
[09:36] | that takes us to tonight | 参加里民大会讨论学费补助券 |
[09:38] | and the event you’ve all been waiting for. | 然后就是大家期待的重头戏 |
[09:41] | the fund-raiser at the home of theodore marcus. | 在泰德马可斯家举行的 募款晚会 |
[09:44] | you’ll wear coats and ties. | 记者们请穿着正式服装 |
[09:45] | you will remain outside in the roped-off press area | 并留在外面的记者区 |
[09:49] | unless you’ve got 50,000 bucks a couple | 除非各位付了五万元 |
[09:51] | to get a look at the good stuff. | 才可携伴进场 |
[09:53] | welcome to los angeles | 欢迎光临洛杉矶 |
[09:55] | where the local time is 5:40 a.m. | 当地时间是清晨5点40分 |
[09:57] | and the temperature’s… ooh, a balmy 73 degrees. | 气温是…喔,怡人的七十三度 |
[10:01] | Josh. yeah? | 乔西 |
[10:02] | Need any help with your luggage there? | 乔西 |
[10:04] | Nah, you’re fine. | 要我帮你拿行李吗? 不要,没事 |
[10:05] | There were messages for you at the desk. | 柜台有你的留言 |
[10:07] | I’ve spent half the nights of my life in hotel rooms | 我住饭店住了大半辈子 |
[10:10] | And I still cannot… | 还是打不开… |
[10:11] | Dave levy. | 戴夫李维 |
[10:12] | Later. You sure this isn’t for your room? | 戴夫李维 待会再说 你确定这不是你房间的门卡 |
[10:14] | It’s for your room. | 是你房间的,��蒂 待会再说,你确定吗? |
[10:15] | Mandy? | 是你房间的,��蒂 |
[10:15] | Later. You sure? | 待会再说,你确定吗? |
[10:17] | It’s for your room. | 还有惠普议员 待会儿,从前都是用钥匙 |
[10:17] | The deputy whip. | 还有惠普议员 |
[10:19] | Later. You know, there used to be keys. | 待会儿,从前都是用钥匙 |
[10:21] | Give me that. | 给我 |
[10:23] | You stuck it in, you turned it, you’re… | 只要塞进去,转一下 |
[10:26] | I loosened it for you. | 门就开了 |
[10:27] | Rob dreyfus from political affairs. | 我先帮你弄松了 |
[10:29] | Later. | 政治事务室的罗伯崔弗斯 待会 |
[10:30] | Joey lucas. | 乔伊路卡斯 |
[10:33] | Really? | 真的? |
[10:34] | Yeah. | 是 |
[10:35] | She called? yes. | 她打电话来? 是的 |
[10:37] | She’s here? in this hotel. | 她在这里? 在这家饭店里 |
[10:39] | She’s here in this hotel? | 她也住这家饭店? |
[10:40] | Yes. She’s at the fund-raiser tonight. | 是的,她也会去募款晚会 |
[10:42] | Really. yes. | 真的? 是的 |
[10:43] | Yes. | 真的? 是的 |
[10:46] | Really? | 真的? |
[10:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:48] | Why did she call? | 她来电有什么事? |
[10:50] | To tell you that she’s here at the hotel | 要告诉你她住在这家饭店 |
[10:51] | And she’s coming to the fund-raiser tonight. | 今晚也会去募款餐会 |
[10:53] | Really? Hmm. yes. | 真的? 是的 |
[10:54] | Josh, you’ve got a crush on joey lucas | 乔西,你迷恋上乔伊路卡斯了 |
[10:56] | And I think you should do something about it | 你该想想办法 |
[10:58] | ’cause you’re really bothering me. | 因为我觉得你好烦 |
[10:59] | That’s something I care a lot about. | 我懒得甩你呢 |
[11:00] | You should call her. | 你该打电话给她 |
[11:01] | I don’t have a crush. | 我没有迷恋她 |
[11:02] | Call her right now. | 你现在就该打电话给她 |
[11:03] | I’ll see her tonight. | 我今晚就会见到她 |
[11:05] | “Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,” Josh. | 有花堪折直须折 |
[11:06] | You know what that means? | 你知道这是什么意思吗? |
[11:08] | You should take this time to gather rosebuds | 意思是你该趁这机会采取行动 |
[11:10] | ’cause later on you might not be able to. | 莫待无花空折枝 |
[11:12] | Interpreting the classics | 这是每日一诗节目 |
[11:13] | With poet laureate donnatella moss. | 由桂冠诗人唐娜摩斯主持 |
[11:15] | I’m just saying call her or stop bugging me. | 我的意思是打电话给她 别来烦我 |
[11:17] | Let’s call her. | 打给她 |
[11:19] | Really? | 真的? |
[11:20] | Yeah. Let’s do it. | 真的,打给她 |
[11:22] | Call her and then we’ll do everybody else. | 然后再打给其他人 |
[11:25] | I have alabaster skin, you know. | 你知道我的皮肤雪白光滑 |
[11:28] | Dial the phone. | 打电话 |
[11:29] | I’m just saying. | 我只是说说而已 |
[11:30] | Also, ted marcus called. | 泰德马可斯也来过电话 |
[11:31] | What? | 什么? |
[11:33] | Ted marcus called. | 泰德马可斯来电话 |
[11:35] | Hang on. | 慢着…真气人… |
[11:36] | Damn… | |
[11:40] | I’d better call him first. | 我最好先打给他 “太平洋时间上午八点五分” |
[12:07] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[12:08] | You beat me to the door. good morning. | 你抢先我一步到门口,早 |
[12:10] | Cameron introduced his resolution on the floor this morning. | 柯麦隆今天上午 向议会提出他的议案 |
[12:13] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 国会议案九七三号 |
[12:14] | House resolution 973– | 国会议案九七三号 |
[12:17] | This is a beautiful house. | 好漂亮的房子 |
[12:19] | Banning gays in the military. | 禁止同性恋当兵 |
[12:20] | I’ve been on a plane all night. | 我整夜都在飞机上 |
[12:22] | He introduced it on the floor this morning. | 他今天早上向议会提出这议案 |
[12:24] | Seriously. Studio chairman– nice work if you can get it. | 说真的,作工真不是盖的 制片厂总裁 |
[12:27] | Josh, let’s not talk about my house. | 乔西,别谈我的房子 你想谈什么? |
[12:28] | What do you want to talk about? | 我想谈什么? |
[12:29] | What do I want to talk about? | 泰德,我十五分钟前才进饭店 |
[12:30] | Ted, I checked into my hotel 15 minutes ago. What’d you haul my ass out here for? | 你叫我来做什么? |
[12:34] | I think you want to watch your general tone with me. | 你跟我说话最好客气点 |
[12:36] | I’m sending you home tomorrow with $2 and 1/2 million. | 我让你们带着 |
[12:38] | What do i want to talk about? | 两百五十万元回去 我想谈什么? |
[12:41] | Cameron’s bill is a joke. | 柯麦隆的提案是个笑话 |
[12:44] | Not to me. it’s the house, it’s procedure. | 我可不认为 那里是国会,有一定的程序 |
[12:47] | You know how many bills never get a hearing | 你知道每天有多少议案提出来 |
[12:48] | Let alone a vote? that’s it? | 根本连讨论都没轮到 更别提投票表决 |
[12:50] | Yeah. you came to me with that? | 就这样? 对 |
[12:52] | I came to you because you told me to. | 你来跟我说的就这样? |
[12:54] | Now, I’ve got a cab waiting outside… | 我来是因为你要我来 |
[12:56] | Yeah, you’re right. | 我计程车还在外面等着 |
[12:58] | Don’t worry about it. | 对,你说的对 别担心 |
[13:00] | I’m being silly. | 我太傻了 |
[13:01] | You’re worried about nothing. | 你太多虑了,晚上见 |
[13:03] | The president’s looking forward | 总统很期盼今晚的餐会 |
[13:05] | To it. excellent. | 太好了,各位 |
[13:06] | Fellas, you can pack it up– the party’s off. | 请你们收拾一下,晚会取消了 |
[13:08] | Ted? Ted… | 泰德… |
[13:10] | Everybody, carmine, I’m sorry, it’s not going to happen. | 卡曼,对不起,晚会不办了 |
[13:13] | The food and the flowers? | 食物和鲜花怎么办? |
[13:14] | Uh, give them out to the guys. | 大家分一分带回去 |
[13:15] | You’re a rotten bluffer, ted. | 你真会唬人 |
[13:17] | Mm, you’re right– that’s why I never do it. | 你真会唬人 没错,所以我从不唬人 |
[13:19] | You’re not going to cancel the fund-raiser. | 你不能取消 |
[13:22] | Well, in fact, I already did. | 事实上,我已经取消了 |
[13:23] | This is the president. | 总统要来耶 |
[13:24] | The president’ll be eating room service tonight. | 总统今晚只好吃 饭店的客房服务 |
[13:26] | Ted… you’ve got a cab waiting. | 泰德… |
[13:31] | That was abrupt, and I apologize. | 你不是计程车还在等吗? |
[13:34] | Your apology’s accepted. | 我很失礼,我向你道歉 我接受你的道歉 |
[13:35] | You can’t cancel the fund-raiser. | 你不能取消募款餐会 |
[13:37] | Oh, yet witness the loading of the trucks. | 东西已经装上卡车了 |
[13:39] | I’m not go… this is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[13:41] | You’re going to be a joke to our people. | 你会被我们当成笑柄 |
[13:43] | Disrespected by the democrats? | 被民主党瞧不起 |
[13:44] | Whatever will I do? ted… | 我该怎么办才好? |
[13:46] | Particularly, with my $3 billion? | 尤其我那三十亿元该怎么花? |
[13:48] | Ted, no one is going to pass a bill | 没有人会通过 |
[13:50] | Banning gays in the military. | 禁止同性恋当兵的法案 |
[13:51] | If the house ever passed such a bill | 万一众议院和参议院 |
[13:53] | And the senate ever passed such a bill | 通过这种法案的话 |
[13:54] | The president would never sign such a bill. | 总统也绝对不会签署这种法案 |
[13:56] | Fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[13:57] | Okay? | 可以吗? |
[13:59] | Fantabulous. | 好极了 |
[14:00] | So you won’t flake on me? | 你不会为难我了? |
[14:02] | We’re fine. the party’s on? | 没事了 餐会要办了 |
[14:03] | You bet. | 当然 |
[14:04] | Good. | 那就好 |
[14:06] | As soon as I hear | 只要我听到 |
[14:07] | The president say what you just said. | 总统说出你刚才说的话 |
[14:09] | Look… give him a call and ask him | 什么? |
[14:10] | What time I should be tuned to my television | 打电话给他请他告诉我 我几点该打开电视 |
[14:13] | To hear him say what you just said. | 听他说你刚才说的话 |
[14:14] | That’s not going to happen and you know it. | 那是不可能的事,你心知肚明 |
[14:16] | Then we got ourselves a problem. | 那问题就来了 |
[14:18] | Don’t screw around with me, josh. | 别想耍我,乔西 |
[14:20] | I’ve been president a lot longer than he has. | 我当总裁的时间 比他当总统长多了 |
[14:29] | Margaret: leo… | 里奥 |
[14:30] | Yeah? | 副总统来了 |
[14:32] | The vice president. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:39] | Morning, leo. | 早安,里奥 |
[14:40] | Morning, Mr. Vice president. | 早安,副总统先生 |
[14:41] | Still 50-50, huh? | 还是五十比五十吗? |
[14:43] | That’s the way it’s going to stay. | 这态势会继续下去 |
[14:45] | Sam talked to huntington? | 山姆跟韩廷顿谈过了? |
[14:46] | He talked to huntington | 他跟韩廷顿、季内里、卡利 |
[14:48] | He talked to gianelli, he talked to calley And martinson and rathburn… | 马汀森和雷斯伯恩都谈过 |
[14:53] | Recently? | 最近吗? |
[14:53] | This morning. Nobody’s moving. | 今天早上,没人肯让步 |
[14:56] | It kind of looked like | 看起来就是这样了 |
[14:58] | It was going to turn out this way. | |
[14:59] | Not to me. | 我可不认为,这教我大感意外 |
[15:01] | I was surprised. | |
[15:02] | Well, I was in the senate with 94 of these guys. | 我跟其中94人在参院共事过 |
[15:06] | Anyway… | 事到如今… |
[15:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:12] | The president needs you to go down there | 总统要你去履行 |
[15:15] | And fulfill one of your two constitutional responsibilities | 你的两项宪政义务之一 |
[15:17] | And vote for the ethanol tax credit. | 去投票赞成谷物酒精税扣除额 |
[15:20] | We need you to break the tie. | 我们需要你去打破平手的局面 |
[15:22] | He also asked me to tell you That he regrets putting you | 他也要我转答 |
[15:26] | In this position. ( sighs ) | 如此为难你的歉意… |
[15:39] | You got to get me off the hook, leo. | 你必须替我解围 |
[15:41] | You can’t ask me to do this. | 你不能要我做这样的事 |
[15:43] | John, I know exactly how you feel. | 约翰,你的感受我完全了解 |
[15:45] | I don’t think you do. | 我看不见得 |
[15:45] | I know… | 我知道… |
[15:46] | I spent eight years in the senate | 我知道… |
[15:48] | Voting against this tax credit. | 我在参议院八年 都投票反对谷物酒精税扣除额 |
[15:51] | I was right, by the way, and I’m still right. | 顺便告诉你,当时我是对的 我现在仍是对的 |
[15:53] | But the point is… | 但重点是… 一万六千个工作机会 四十亿资金 |
[15:54] | 16,000 new jobs. | 一万六千个工作机会 |
[15:56] | $4 billion invested in plant and equipment… | 四十亿资金 |
[15:59] | The point… | 投入兴建工厂和设备… 重点是… |
[16:00] | Because the tax credit made it economical. | 有了扣除额才让 这些投资合乎经济效益 |
[16:02] | Leo, the ethanol tax credit has accomplished | 里奥,谷物酒精税扣除额 |
[16:05] | Exactly none of its goals. | 完全没有完成这些目标 |
[16:07] | Production is next to nothing. | 产量几近于零 |
[16:08] | It will never be large enough | 而且永远无法大到足够减少 |
[16:10] | To reduce our dependence on foreign oil | 我们对外国石油的依赖 |
[16:11] | And it requires substantial energy to produce | 还要耗用相当大的能源来生产 |
[16:13] | Which totally washes out any overall conservation effect. | 完全抵消了节约的效果 |
[16:17] | But that’s not the point. | 但这不是重点 |
[16:18] | What’s the point? | 重点是什么? |
[16:20] | The republicans will make me eat it for dinner | 到时候共和党会逼得我 |
[16:24] | When my time comes, and you know that. | 走投无路,你心知肚明 |
[16:29] | So let’s get serious. | 所以我们不能等闲视之 |
[16:33] | Mr. President, I rise today to say that the american flag | 总统先生,我要说美国国旗 |
[16:37] | Is probably the most recognized symbol in the world. | 可能是世上最多人认识的标志 |
[16:41] | Wherever it stands, it represents freedom. | 不论它竖立在哪里 它代表自由 |
[16:44] | Millions of american citizens who served our nation in war | 数百万为国效命的美国人 带着它上战场 |
[16:47] | Have carried that flag into battle. | 为了制服上的这国旗 |
[16:49] | They have been killed just for wearing it on their uniform | 他们壮烈成仁 |
[16:53] | Because it represents the most feared power to tyranny | 因为它代表暴政最害怕的力量 |
[16:58] | And that is liberty. | 那就是自由 |
[17:00] | ( applause ) | 总统先生 美国虽不是完美的国家 |
[17:02] | Mr. President, this is not a perfect nation– | |
[17:07] | But to the world | 但对全世界而言 |
[17:08] | Our flag represents that which is right And to americans it represents | 我们的国旗代表正义 |
[17:11] | What chief justice charles evans hughes referred to as | 对美国人而言 |
[17:15] | “Our national unity, our national endeavor | 它代表最高法院院长 |
[17:17] | Our national aspiration…” | 查尔斯伊凡修斯说的是 |
[17:20] | I’ve just come from ted marcus’. | 团结、努力、希望的表征 |
[17:23] | What did he want? | 我刚从泰德马可斯家回来 他有什么事? |
[17:24] | He’s threatening to cancel tonight | 他威胁要取消今晚的餐会 |
[17:26] | Unless the president comes out publicly against 973. | 除非总统公开宣布 反对九七三法案 |
[17:30] | It’s not going anywhere. | 这是柯麦隆的… 不会有什么结果的 |
[17:31] | I explained that. | 我跟他解释过了 他怎么说? |
[17:32] | And what did he say? | 我跟他解释过了 他怎么说? |
[17:33] | He takes it seriously for obvious reasons | 他很重视,理由很明显 |
[17:35] | And he is distressed | 对总统默不作声感到沮丧 |
[17:37] | By the president’s silence on the subject | |
[17:39] | And he feels that it’s a betrayal of the gay community | 他感觉如此公开支持总统 |
[17:42] | For him to be so publicly supportive Of the president tonight. | 对同性恋团体是一种背叛 |
[17:46] | All right. | 这下好了 |
[17:47] | It’s not in the interest of his cause | 总统今天若对此事发表声明 |
[17:49] | For the president to make a statement about this today. | 对他无益 |
[17:53] | It’ll give credibility and attention… | 会引起怀疑和注意 |
[17:55] | And use all those words | 跟他谈时,把这些字眼都用上 |
[17:55] | When you talk to him. | 告诉他 |
[17:57] | Tell him a man of his media savvy will understand | 像他如此通晓媒体世故的人 |
[17:59] | The president can’t be quite so publicly blackmailed. | 一定会了解总统不可能 如此公开遭受勒索 |
[18:01] | Toby: and should the president choose | 万一总统今晚选择待在饭店 |
[18:03] | To stay at his hotel tonight | |
[18:04] | Rather than kowtow to the hollywood blah, blah, blah | 而不去逢迎巴结好莱坞权贵 |
[18:07] | It’ll only serve to solidify his public reputation | 将会巩固他在选民心目中 的声誉和形象 |
[18:10] | With the electorate as a man of character. | 大家会知道他是个正直的人 |
[18:12] | Frankly, buys us more | 也替我们争取到 比250万元更多的支持 |
[18:13] | Than $21/////2 worth support. | 也替我们争取到 比250万元更多的支持 |
[18:15] | Use those words. | 把这些话讲给他听 告诉他若餐会照常举行 |
[18:16] | Tell him if he goes ahead with the party | 把这些话讲给他听 告诉他若餐会照常举行 |
[18:18] | He gets ten minutes alone with the president. | 他可以单独和总统 在房里谈话十分钟 |
[18:20] | All right. I can sell that. | 好,这我办得到 |
[18:22] | Let’s go back. | 我们回去吧 |
[18:23] | How’s he doing in there? | 他在里面情况如何 |
[18:25] | He’s got that look on his face | 他的表情好像正在考虑 |
[18:26] | Like he’s thinking about ways to kill himself. | 该用什么方法自杀 |
[18:29] | Woman: and it is disgraceful | 我们的军人英勇保卫的国旗 |
[18:31] | That some individuals would desecrate the flag | |
[18:33] | That our nation’s veterans | 有些人竟然加以亵渎 |
[18:34] | Have fought so valiantly to protect. ( applause ) | 真是可耻至极 |
[18:43] | Man: Mr. President, it is terribly important | 总统先生,我们必须立法 |
[18:46] | That we finally enact legal protections for our flag. | 保护我们的国旗 |
[18:50] | And I rise in strong support | 此事刻不容缓,我强烈支持 |
[18:52] | For the flag desecration constitutional amendment. | 修改宪法禁止亵渎国旗 |
[18:54] | President: I’m sorry. I’ve just been told | 很抱歉,我刚接到通知 |
[18:56] | I have to go now. | 我必须走了 |
[18:58] | This is a debate that is obviously going to continue | 这个辩论显然会在 |
[19:01] | In town halls, city halls, state legislatures | 乡镇议会、市议会 |
[19:05] | And the u.s. House of representatives. | 州议会、美国众议院继续下去 |
[19:07] | There is a population of this country | 我们国内似乎有很多人 |
[19:10] | That seems to focus a great deal of time and energy On this conversation. | 花了很多时间精力在讨论此事 |
[19:14] | So much so, that I am moved to ask this question– | 我不得不提出一个问题: |
[19:17] | Is there an epidemic of flag burning going on | 焚烧国旗是否已变成 |
[19:20] | That I’m not aware of? I mean it, man. | 我所不知的风潮? |
[19:25] | Is there an emergency level outbreak of flag desecration | 我说真的,亵渎国旗 是否已达到危急程度 |
[19:28] | No one’s kept me posted on. | 而你们没有告诉我? |
[19:30] | There is not. | 绝无此事 |
[19:31] | So let’s blow off the kiefer meeting. | 所以取消跟基佛的会面吧 |
[19:33] | Toby, there’s no reason for you to feel threatened by al kiefer. | 托比,你何必害怕艾尔基佛? 我不怕 |
[19:34] | I don’t. | 好极了 因为我们要在午餐时跟他见面 |
[19:36] | Excellent, ’cause we’re going to do it over lunch. | 好极了 因为我们要在午餐时跟他见面 |
[19:37] | I have to eat with al kiefer? | 我得跟艾尔基佛一起进餐? |
[19:38] | Back at the hotel. | 在饭店里 |
[19:40] | Better yet… Charlie, where’s zoey having lunch? | 总统… 我有更好的主意 查理,柔伊要在哪里吃午餐? |
[19:43] | A place in santa monica called the playa cantina. | 在圣塔摩尼卡 一个叫卡蒂娜的餐厅 |
[19:45] | Why? she wanted an l.a. experience. | 为什么? 她说要享受洛城经验 |
[19:47] | That supposed to be good, sam? | 那家餐厅好吗? |
[19:48] | They make guacamole right in front of you. | 他们在客人面前做雪梨沙拉 |
[19:50] | Is that an l.a. Experience? | 这算洛城经验吗? |
[19:51] | I think she meant the people. | 我想她指的是人 |
[19:53] | Well, there aren’t going to be any people today. | 今天那里不会有别的客人 |
[19:55] | Will you be joining her, sir? | 你要跟她共进午餐? |
[19:56] | Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? | 这主意不错吧 |
[19:58] | Sir, wouldn’t it be easier back at the hotel? | 回饭店吃不是比较省事吗 |
[19:59] | Yeah, but the hotel wouldn’t make the guacamole | 没错,但饭店不会 在我面前做雪梨沙拉 |
[20:01] | Right in front of me. | 你要赌多少钱他们会这么做 |
[20:03] | I need a minute to talk about ted marcus. | 总统 我要跟你谈一下泰德马可斯 |
[20:05] | We’ll do it in the car. | 我们在车上谈 谁跟里奥联络过? |
[20:06] | Who’s talking to leo? | 他现在跟副总统在一起 你也上车来 |
[20:07] | He’s with the vice president. | 他现在跟副总统在一起 |
[20:08] | President: you come in the car, too. | 你也上车来 |
[20:09] | Sir, this lunch with al kiefer… | 总统 和艾尔基佛的午餐会谈… |
[20:12] | Those people over there don’t like me that much. | 那边那些人不太喜欢我 |
[20:14] | They just haven’t taken the time to get to know you like we have, sir. | 他们只是没有时间来了解你 |
[20:17] | You would honestly think there was an epidemic | 那真的会让人以为 |
[20:19] | Of flag burning going on endangering countless lives… | 到处都在焚烧国旗 |
[20:22] | Don’t put too much stock in what he has to say… | 无数的人命受到威胁 别太在意他说的话 |
[20:23] | I’m having lunch with my daughter. | 我要跟我女儿共进午餐,托比 |
[20:25] | You guys sit with kiefer | 你们跟基佛同桌 |
[20:26] | And let me know what’s worth listening to. | 值得听的再通知我一声 |
[20:29] | We’ll see you there. | 是的,总统 到那里见 |
[20:29] | I’m not coming in the car? | 我不跟你们同车吗? |
[20:31] | No, you know why? | 不,你知道为什么吗? 因为你取笑雪梨沙拉 |
[20:32] | You made fun of the guacamole. | 我没有 我看得出来你心里在想 |
[20:33] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[20:34] | I could tell you were thinking it. | 我看得出来你心里在想 |
[20:35] | Fair enough. good. | 好吧 知道就好 |
[20:40] | Zoey: dad, I can’t believe you did this. | 爸,你怎么可以这样? 给你午餐惊喜,这我最拿手 |
[20:42] | President: surprised you for lunch– I’m the best. | 太平洋时间下午一点二十分 我想在洛杉矶吃午餐 |
[20:44] | I wanted to eat lunch in l.a. | 这里是洛杉矶 |
[20:45] | you are. | 这里是洛杉矶 |
[20:46] | with people, with l.a. People. | 跟洛杉矶的人 |
[20:48] | i wanted the atmosphere. | 我要这里的气氛 |
[20:49] | They cleared out the place. | 他们把所有人都请走了 |
[20:50] | Yeah, but on the other hand | 但话说回来 |
[20:51] | The guy made guacamole right in front of us. dad… | 师傅就在我们面前做雪梨沙拉 |
[20:53] | This is father/daughter fun time. | 这是我们父女的快乐时光 |
[20:55] | I was having fun | 我本来很快乐 |
[20:56] | But you come within 100 meters of me | 但只要你接近我一百公尺内 |
[20:57] | And my protection, like, quadruples. | 我的侍卫人员就暴增三倍 |
[21:01] | Oh, you know, I hadn’t thought about that. | 我从没想过这点 |
[21:04] | Now that you mention it… | 但经你这么一说 |
[21:06] | Yeah… I think you’re right. | 我想你说得没错 |
[21:08] | It is. | 加州有人想对我怎么样吗? |
[21:10] | What, is somebody after me in california? | 加州有人想对我怎么样吗? |
[21:12] | All kinds of things in california, zoey. | 加州什么事都有,柔伊 |
[21:14] | You got your smog, your freeway shootings | 空气污染、公路枪击 森林火灾、土石流 |
[21:16] | Brush fires, mud slides, plus, apparently… | 加上现在显然 |
[21:19] | There is a mad rash of flag burning going on | 有股焚烧国旗热潮 |
[21:21] | And you don’t want a piece of that. | 最好别惹上一身腥 你以为自己很幽默 |
[21:23] | See, you think you’re funny. | 他们就在我面前做雪梨沙拉 |
[21:24] | Right there… | 他们就在我面前做雪梨沙拉 |
[21:26] | Right in front of me, they made the guacamole. | |
[21:28] | ( laughs ) | 焚烧国旗这件事,底线很清楚 |
[21:28] | On the flag burning | 焚烧国旗这件事,底线很清楚 |
[21:29] | The bottom line couldn’t be clearer– | |
[21:30] | If he says nothing | 他若默不作声,将会受到打击 |
[21:32] | He takes a hit, but not a fatal one. | 但不到致命的程度 |
[21:33] | If he stands in opposition to the amendment | 若他反对修改宪法 |
[21:36] | You can all start updating your resumes. | 你们都可以开始准备履历表了 |
[21:38] | I don’t buy that. | 我不相信 我也不信 |
[21:39] | Me, either. people respect a president | 我不相信 我也不信 |
[21:41] | With the courage of his convictions. | 民众尊敬 有勇气坚持己见的总统 |
[21:42] | Al… you are looking at this exactly the wrong way. | 你们完全搞错了 |
[21:45] | You don’t have to play defense. | 你们不必挨打 |
[21:47] | You could lead the charge. | 你们可以主动出击 |
[21:48] | You just said we couldn’t. | 你刚才不是说我们不可以 我没那么说 |
[21:49] | No, I didn’t. | 你刚才不是说我们不可以 我没那么说 |
[21:50] | You just said if we were vocal | 你说我们若反对焚烧国旗 |
[21:52] | In our opposition to flag burning we take a fatal hit. | 会遭致命的打击 |
[21:54] | That’s right… and I’m saying Don’t stay quiet and don’t oppose it. | 没错,我现在说别闷不吭声 |
[21:58] | Lead the charge… the other way. ( laughing ) | 也别反对,由别的方向出击 |
[22:03] | What? | 什么? |
[22:04] | C.j., has al said something | 什么? |
[22:06] | I should listen to yet? | 茜洁,艾尔说了什么 值得我听的了吗? |
[22:08] | We’ll let you know, sir. | 我们会通知你 |
[22:10] | Mr. President, do you want to sew up reelection right now? | 总统先生,你现在就想 确保选举胜利吗? |
[22:13] | Do you want to lock down your second term | 你想在此时此地 |
[22:15] | Right here, right now, in this room. | 就锁定你连任成功吗? |
[22:16] | What do you got? | 你有什么主意? |
[22:17] | Why do you encourage him, sir? | 你有什么主意? 你为何要鼓励他? |
[22:18] | What do you got, al? | 你有什么法宝?艾尔 |
[22:20] | Truckload of voters, Mr. President– | 一卡车的选民,总统先生 |
[22:21] | About 47%… | 大约四成七 |
[22:23] | Overwhelmingly white men… | 大部分是白人男子,家境优渥 |
[22:25] | Pool and patio types Who voted against you by 20-plus points. | 两成以上票投给你的对手 |
[22:29] | They share… An affinity to authority– | 他们对权威有共同兴趣…总统 |
[22:33] | A president– And they see you as smart and having vision. | 他们认为你很聪明,有远见 |
[22:37] | So, why didn’t they vote for you? | 那为何他们票不投给你? |
[22:40] | Because they also see you as a wimp. | 因为他们也认为你是个软脚虾 |
[22:42] | Two-thirds on the thermometer rating Place you on some degree of weak. | 有2/3的人觉得你有些软弱 |
[22:47] | We’ve heard these numbers before. | 这些数字我们从前听过 |
[22:49] | Yeah, but I never get tired of hearing them, you know… | 我永远听不腻 |
[22:52] | Especially in front of my daughter. | 尤其是在我女儿面前 |
[22:54] | Look, I get that this is not The most popular idea in the room | 我知道这些话不中听 |
[22:58] | But I got numbers and I know numbers | 但我有数字,我了解数字 |
[23:01] | And I trust numbers, and the reason why | 我相信数字 我知道你们现在 |
[23:03] | You’re all looking a little pale right now is so do you. | 脸色苍白的原因 你们也知道 |
[23:05] | This is not theoretical. | 这不是推论,众议院 |
[23:06] | Flag burning amendment Made it through the house | 通过了焚烧国旗修正案 |
[23:09] | 20 votes over the required two-thirds. | 比所需的2/3票数 还多二十票 |
[23:11] | It hasn’t made it through the senate yet | 参议院还没通过,但很接近了 |
[23:13] | But it’s come awfully close, and that day will come. That day will come soon. | 那天很快会到来 |
[23:16] | Laws against flag burning | 民调中赞成立法禁止 |
[23:18] | Are overwhelmingly favored in the polls | 焚烧国旗的占绝大多数 |
[23:20] | And a constitutional amendment won’t be subject | 宪法修正案不会受限于 |
[23:23] | To a presidential veto | 总统的否决 |
[23:24] | Or overturning by the supreme court. | 或最高法院的推翻 |
[23:26] | Look… | 听我说… |
[23:27] | This all adds up | 总归来说只有一个结论 |
[23:28] | To one thing, Mr. President– it’s over. | 总统先生,大势已定 |
[23:30] | The game’s been played and won | 这场比赛已结束,胜负已揭晓 |
[23:32] | But because of guys like me | 但因有我这样的人 |
[23:33] | You get to know the results before anybody else does. | 你能比其他人先知道结果 |
[23:35] | So, you get to pick which side you’re going to be on | 因此你能够选择要站在哪一边 |
[23:39] | And not only do we get to be on the winning team | 我们不只能当上胜利队伍 |
[23:42] | We get to lead the winning team. ( phone ringing ) | 我们还要领导胜利队伍 |
[23:50] | Excuse me. | 恕我失陪 |
[23:54] | Toby, you’re smiling. | 托比,你在笑 |
[23:55] | I just figured out who you were. | 托比,你在笑 |
[23:58] | He’s going to say satan. | 我知道你是谁了 他会说撒旦 |
[23:59] | No, you’re the guy who runs into the 7-eleven | 不,你是跑进便利商店 |
[24:02] | To get satan a pack of cigarettes. Charlie: Mr. President… | 替撒旦买香烟的人 |
[24:10] | Yeah, charlie. | 总统先生 |
[24:12] | We’ll talk about this later. | 好的,谢谢你,查理 这件事我们以后再谈 |
[24:14] | We will? | 还要谈? |
[24:16] | Yeah. Uh, Mr. President… | 是的 |
[24:28] | Men with pools and patios think I’m weak. | 总统先生… 家境优渥的人认为我软弱 |
[24:30] | I don’t want to mention the 49 times | 我不想再提我们劝你多少次 |
[24:32] | We asked you not to take This meeting. | 不要跟他见面 |
[24:35] | Was that marcus on the phone? | 刚才是马可斯来电话吗 |
[24:36] | We sold him on ten minutes in a room with you tonight. | 说到会面,我答应他 你今晚会单独跟他谈话十分钟 |
[24:39] | No way I can get out of it? | 没办法躲掉吗? 十分钟就好 |
[24:40] | Ten minutes. | 没办法躲掉吗? 十分钟就好 |
[24:41] | I used to like parties, you know that? | 我本来很喜欢参加宴会的 你知道吗? |
[24:46] | I just wanted a regular lunch, you know… | 我只想在餐厅跟一般人 |
[24:49] | In a restaurant with people. | 吃顿很平常的午餐 |
[24:50] | My father sees danger, like, behind the curtains. | 但我老爸认为窗帘后藏有危险 |
[24:53] | Hey, zoey, do me a favor. | 柔伊,帮个忙,走我另外一边 |
[24:54] | Walk on the other side of me, would you? | 吉娜… |
[24:56] | Gina… let’s get in the car, okay? | 快上车 |
[25:23] | ( classical music playing ) | |
[25:40] | C.j.: look at this house! | 你看这栋房子 |
[25:42] | Toby: yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:44] | I mean, look at this house. It’s a nice house. | 真的,你看看这栋房子 |
[25:47] | You know… What? | 很好的房子 |
[25:50] | You haven’t said anything about my dress. | 你还没对我的礼服发表看法 |
[25:51] | You look very nice. | 很好看 |
[25:52] | You’re not even looking. | 你连看都没看 我在看房子 |
[25:54] | I’m looking at the house. | 你连看都没看 |
[25:55] | Excuse me, I wanted to introduce myself. | 我在看房子 |
[25:57] | I’m mark miller. | 对不起,我来自我介绍 我叫马克米勒 |
[25:58] | I’m head of new project development at paragon. | 我是典范公司 一项新开发计划的主管 |
[26:00] | C.j. Cregg. | 我是茜洁葛瑞 我是托比齐格 |
[26:01] | Toby ziegler. | 我是茜洁葛瑞 我是托比齐格 |
[26:02] | Oh, it’s good to meet you both. | 很高兴见到两位 |
[26:04] | Uh, c.j., I was wondering if my money buys me | 茜洁,不知我花的入场费 |
[26:06] | A few words alone with you. | 能否买到跟你单独说话的时间 |
[26:07] | Throw in a box of chocolates and a pair of nylons– | 送她一盒巧克力和一双丝袜 |
[26:09] | Get you a lot more than that. | 想做什么都可以 |
[26:11] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[26:12] | I’ll be over at the bar, drinking a lot | 若有人找我 |
[26:14] | If anybody wants me. | 就说我在吧台狂饮 |
[26:15] | Nobody will. | 没有人会找你 |
[26:16] | I’ll come right out with it, c.j. | 没有人会找你 |
[26:18] | I’m a big fan. | 我就明说了,你是我的偶像 |
[26:19] | Thank you very much. | 非常谢谢你 |
[26:21] | Yeah, and I think there’s a place | 我认为我们公司 有个职务非常适合你 |
[26:22] | For you in our company. | 我认为我们公司 有个职务非常适合你 |
[26:23] | Doing what? | 做什么? 开发 |
[26:24] | Development. | 做什么? 开发 |
[26:25] | What’s that? | 那是什么? 开发各项计划 |
[26:26] | Development of projects. | 那是什么? 开发各项计划 |
[26:27] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[26:28] | You’d be developing feature projects. | 开发特定计划 |
[26:30] | Movies? | 电影 是的 |
[26:31] | Yeah. | 电影 是的 |
[26:33] | You know what? you don’t want me. | 你知道吗?你要找的人不是… |
[26:34] | You want toby or sam. I’m not a writer. | 你应该找托比或山姆 我不是写文案的 |
[26:36] | No-no, we have writers. | 不,写文案的我们有了 |
[26:37] | Well, I certainly can’t direct or act. | 我也不会导演或演戏 |
[26:39] | No, you’d just be in development. | 你只要开发就好 |
[26:41] | And what’s that? | 那是做什么? |
[26:42] | Shepherding projects– developing them. | 指导工作,开发作业 |
[26:44] | I thought a guy writes a movie and a guy directs the movie. | 编剧和导演 不是都由专人在做吗 |
[26:47] | Sure. | 没错 |
[26:49] | And in between there are | 中间还有设计师 |
[26:50] | Designers and technicians and actors. | 特效人员和演员 |
[26:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:54] | So, tell me what I do again. | 请再说一次我要做什么? |
[26:55] | Development. | 开发 |
[26:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:00] | Well, at the moment, I have a pretty good job | 好 |
[27:04] | And I understand what it is. | 目前我有个很好的工作 |
[27:05] | I, uh, I sure appreciate… | 我了解我的工作性质 |
[27:07] | Sam… | 我很感激…山姆… |
[27:08] | Uh, would you excuse me, mark? I’m… Sorry. sure. | 请恕我失陪,马克 |
[27:11] | I’ve got to… yeah. Hi. | 抱歉,我必须和山姆讨论 |
[27:13] | Talk to sam about a-a thing The, uh, president wants me to… oh. | 总统要我做的事… |
[27:16] | Pretend you’re talking to me. | 假装你在跟我说话 |
[27:18] | I am talking to you. | 我是在跟你说话 |
[27:19] | Walk me outside. | 陪我走出去 |
[27:20] | Did he offer you a development deal? | 他是否跟你提起一个开发工作 |
[27:22] | Yes. | 对 我也是,你搞懂是做什么吗 |
[27:23] | Me, too. | 对 |
[27:24] | Do you know what it is? | 我也是,你搞懂是做什么吗 |
[27:25] | No. | 没有 |
[27:26] | Me, neither. | 我也没搞清楚 |
[27:27] | “If there’s a bedrock principle | 宪法第一修正案 |
[27:29] | “Underlying the first amendment | 若有基本原则的话 |
[27:30] | “It’s that the government | 那就是“政府不能因某个想法 不受欢迎而禁止发表该想法” |
[27:31] | “Cannot prohibit expression of an idea | 那就是“政府不能因某个想法 |
[27:33] | Simply because it’s disagreeable”– | 不受欢迎而禁止发表该想法” |
[27:36] | Justice william bennett writing for the majority. | 这是威廉布瑞南法官说的 |
[27:38] | I’m a real fan, david. | 我是你的忠实影迷,大卫 |
[27:40] | I’m not just a johnny-come-lately. | 我不是这几年才看你的戏 |
[27:41] | It’s not just baywatch and knight rider with me. | 我爱的不止是 海滩游侠和霹雳车 |
[27:44] | Thank you, but my point… | 非常感谢你,但我要说的… |
[27:45] | I mean, nick fury, panic at malibu pier | 还有你早期的其他好多作品 |
[27:47] | the cartier affair… | |
[27:48] | ( chuckling ) | |
[27:49] | pleasure cove, for crying out loud. | |
[27:51] | Excuse us. | 请恕我们失陪 |
[27:53] | He was so into me. | 他迷上我了 |
[27:54] | You’re frightening the guests. | 你吓坏客人了 |
[27:56] | David hasselhoff– I’m just saying. | 大卫赫塞霍夫 我只是说说而已 |
[27:57] | He’s married. | 他是有妇之夫 |
[27:58] | This is california. | 这里是加州 女孩子可以有点梦想 |
[27:59] | A girl can dream. | 别再喝了 |
[28:00] | Stop drinking now. | 别再喝了 |
[28:02] | Matt perry, right there. | 麦特派瑞在那里,再见 |
[28:03] | Good-bye. ( sighs ) | |
[28:08] | Man: josh… | 乔西 |
[28:10] | I know that voice. | 这声音我认得 |
[28:13] | How long was it going to take for you To say hello to me? | 你要多久才会跟我打招呼? |
[28:18] | I got your phone message this morning | 我今天早上看到你的来电留言 |
[28:21] | But i-i kind of been running around. | 但我一直很忙… |
[28:24] | I didn’t see you until now. | 一直到现在才看到你 |
[28:27] | I saw you. | 我看到你了 |
[28:28] | Well, th-then, you should’ve said hello to me. | 那你该跟我打招呼 |
[28:32] | You looked like you were absorbed | 你好像一直在跟高层人士谈话 |
[28:34] | In high-level conversations. I can assure you I was not. | 我才没有 |
[28:41] | Well, then… | 那就… 那就什么? |
[28:42] | “Well, then,” What? | 那就… |
[28:44] | Hello. | 那就什么? |
[28:45] | Hello. | 你好 |
[28:46] | ( chuckling ): hello. | |
[28:48] | ( laughing ) | |
[28:49] | Uh… | |
[28:50] | You know, we’re just here for the day | 我们只来一天… |
[28:52] | And… josh… Yeah. | 乔西,会谈 |
[28:54] | Can you not, uh… | 你…不要走好吗? |
[28:56] | Just… | |
[28:57] | Just… | |
[28:59] | Don’t leave the party, okay? | |
[29:02] | Okay. okay? | 好 |
[29:05] | Sorry. | 失陪 |
[29:08] | Leo: john… I know we’ve had our ups and downs | 约翰 我知道我们的关系时好时坏 |
[29:11] | But let me be your guy for a second. | 但请听我一句话 |
[29:13] | You can’t be thinking | |
[29:15] | About being the first vice president in history | 你不能当有史以来第一位 |
[29:18] | To break a tie going the other way. | 投反对票 以打破平手局面的副总统 |
[29:20] | I’m not looking to make history. | 我不想创造历史 |
[29:22] | Then, what are you looking for, john? | 那你想怎么样? |
[29:24] | You’re going to get ink either way. | 不论你怎么做都会留下记录 |
[29:26] | Leo… | 我知道你和我手下之间的摩擦 让你觉得有疙瘩 |
[29:27] | I know it eats at you | 我知道你和我手下之间的摩擦 |
[29:29] | That there’s friction between you and my staff. | 让你觉得有疙瘩 |
[29:32] | You think they don’t respect you… | 你认为他们不敬重你 |
[29:34] | And they do. | 其实他们很尊敬你 |
[29:36] | They just don’t trust you | 他们只是不信任你 |
[29:37] | And, frankly, neither does the president. | 老实说,总统也不信任你 |
[29:40] | Well… I mean, I know that’s blunt… | 我知道这么说很直 |
[29:42] | But, god, john, I’m the one who convinced him | 但老天,当初是我说服他 |
[29:44] | To put you on the ticket… | 选你当副总统的 |
[29:45] | And I’m going to be the one standing here | 不论你想不想创造历史 |
[29:48] | When you make history Whether you’re looking to or not. | 现在我都要站在这里 |
[29:51] | Leo, one of these days, you’re going to have to allow | 里奥,总有一天你必须考虑到 |
[29:53] | For the possibility that my motives Might not always be sinister. | 我的动机不一定都是阴险的 |
[29:57] | You and your staff are remarkably smug | 你跟你的部属都太自以是了 |
[29:59] | And, frankly, so is the president | 坦白说,总统也一样 |
[30:02] | And the fact that you think I give a damn | 若你以为我在乎 |
[30:04] | That there’s some friction between us | 我们之间的摩擦 |
[30:05] | Is certainly proof enough of that. | 就足以证明这一点 |
[30:07] | John, you will not be able to set foot in the west wing. | 约翰,你以后将无法 再涉足白宫西厢 |
[30:09] | You will not be on the ticket in three years. | 三年后,你的名字 也无法印在选票上 |
[30:11] | Leo… | 里奥,我认为你们设计了我 |
[30:13] | I think you guys set me up. | |
[30:15] | You think the president of the united states | 你以为美国总统可以安排 |
[30:18] | Can just arrange for a 50/50 tie in the senate? | 参议院五十比五十的票数吗 |
[30:21] | I think the president of the united states | 我认为美国总统 |
[30:23] | Can do pretty much whatever he wants. | 想做什么都可以 |
[30:24] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[30:28] | ( sighs ) | |
[30:29] | Well… | |
[30:32] | Where’s the president right now? | 总统现在哪里? |
[30:34] | At ted marcus’s fund-raiser. | 在泰德马可斯的募款餐会 |
[30:40] | I think it’s time for you to call him. | 你该打电话给他 |
[30:45] | ( door shutting ) | 我快想不出 留下他的理由了,里奥 |
[30:51] | I’m almost out of reasons not to fire him. | |
[30:53] | Well, when you run out of reasons, the last reason can be | 当你想不出理由 “东部时间下午十一点五分” |
[30:56] | You can’t fire the vice president. | 最后一个理由就是 你不能开除副总统 |
[30:57] | I can ask for his resignation and don’t be a smart ass. | 我可以要他辞职 你不要自作聪明 |
[31:00] | I got to tell you something | 总统先生,我要告诉你 |
[31:01] | And you’re not going to like the sound of it. | 一件你不喜欢听的事 |
[31:03] | What? | 什么事? |
[31:04] | He’s right and we’re wrong. | 他是对的,我们是错的 |
[31:06] | About what? | 关于什么? 关于谷物酒精税 |
[31:08] | About the ethanol tax. | 总统先生,里奥说得对 山姆要跟你说话 |
[31:09] | Sam: Mr. President, leo’s right. | 总统先生,里奥说得对 山姆要跟你说话 |
[31:11] | Sam’s weighing in. | 我硬逼麦坎布里吉、艾伊洛 |
[31:12] | Sir, I put mccambridge, aiello and dane In a headlock to vote our way. | 丹恩投票给我们 |
[31:16] | Let’s send them back. | 何不请他们改投反对票 |
[31:17] | We’ll lose 53-47 and take | 我们以53比47落败 |
[31:18] | The vice-president off the hook. | 也不必为难副总统了 |
[31:20] | All right, let’s do what sam said. | 好吧,就照山姆说的去做 |
[31:21] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[31:23] | I’m not done with hoynes, but dump it. | 我跟霍因斯的恩怨还没了 但算了 |
[31:26] | Sir, the thing about the vice president | 关于副总统 |
[31:28] | In this particular situation… | 在目前的情况下… |
[31:29] | I’ll call him from the plane. | 我上飞机再打电话给他 |
[31:34] | Craziest damn thing I’ve ever heard of. | 从没听说有这么疯狂的事 |
[31:36] | Jay, you can’t drive | |
[31:37] | All those cars you have. | 杰,你有那么多辆车 没办法每辆都开 |
[31:39] | Well, not all at once. | 一次开一辆就行了 |
[31:40] | I know not all at once, baby, but you have… | 我知道一次开一辆,但你… |
[31:43] | Hi. Claudia jean, this is veronica webb. | 茜洁,这位是弗若妮卡韦伯 |
[31:45] | Well, hi. | 我是茜洁葛瑞 |
[31:46] | C.j. Cregg. | 幸会 |
[31:47] | Nice to meet you. | 我可以跟你说几句话吗? 当然可以,恕我失陪 |
[31:48] | Can I talk to you a second? | 我可以跟你说几句话吗? |
[31:49] | Sure. Excuse me. | 当然可以,恕我失陪 |
[31:50] | What’s up? | 杰,总统很感激你这几个月 没找里奥马加瑞的麻烦 |
[31:52] | Jay, the president appreciates | 杰,总统很感激你这几个月 |
[31:53] | Your laying off leo mcgarry | 没找里奥马加瑞的麻烦 |
[31:54] | The past few months. | 你的用心我们都注意到了 |
[31:55] | It hasn’t gone unnoticed. | 你的用心我们都注意到了 |
[31:57] | Hey, you guys give me monologue material | 每晚你们都提供我 |
[31:58] | Every night, you know. | 唱独角戏的材料 |
[32:00] | Well, if there’s anything I can do for you. | 有任何我能帮忙的,请别客气 |
[32:02] | You know what would be great? | 你知道我最希望的是什么吗 |
[32:04] | If you could get the president | 请转告总统再闹一次 |
[32:05] | To drive his bike into a tree again. | 骑车撞树的新闻 |
[32:07] | ( laughing ) | 那样我就可以赖以生存 就可以活下去 |
[32:09] | See, that’s my bread and butter. | 那样我就可以赖以生存 |
[32:10] | That’s what I live on. | 就可以活下去 |
[32:11] | You’re a very funny boy, jay. | 你真爱说笑,杰 |
[32:13] | How does she look like that? | 她如何能这样容光焕发 |
[32:15] | Oh… Clean living. | 不吸毒,祈祷 |
[32:17] | Prayer. | |
[32:18] | C.j.! | 茜洁… |
[32:19] | Mm. Got to go. Sorry, there’s a thing I got | 我得走了 |
[32:22] | To talk to sam about regarding a…. | 对不起,我有事要找山姆… |
[32:24] | Pretend like you’re talking to me again. | 假装你又在跟我说话 |
[32:26] | Okay. This time let’s use code names. | 好,但这次我们用代号 |
[32:28] | Where’s josh? | 乔西在哪里? |
[32:29] | He’s over there talking to that woman. | 在那里跟那女人说话 有意思 |
[32:31] | Interesting. | 当然很有可能 他只是假装在说话 |
[32:32] | Of course, it’s possible | 当然很有可能 |
[32:34] | They’re just pretending to be talking. | 他只是假装在说话 |
[32:35] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[32:36] | So you want to know what we did for lunch today? | 你想知道 |
[32:39] | What? | 我们今天午餐时做了什么吗 |
[32:40] | We had a meeting with a democratic pollster | 什么? 我们跟民主党的 民意调查经办人会面 |
[32:42] | Who told us that we could | 他说重新选举 |
[32:44] | Sew up re-election if the president led the charge | 我们可以稳操胜券 |
[32:47] | In favor of a flag burning amendment. | 如果总统带头支持 焚烧国旗修正案 |
[32:49] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[32:50] | How’d you hear? | 你怎么听到的? |
[32:53] | I hear everything. | 我什么都听得到 |
[32:58] | It was a stupid joke | 这是个蠢笑话 |
[32:59] | But I don’t get a sympathy laugh? Seriously… | 但请笑一笑同情我 |
[33:02] | This guy had some pretty scary numbers. | 说正格的 这�砘锏氖�据挺吓人的 |
[33:05] | C.j.: josh, guess what? | 乔西,你知道吗? |
[33:07] | I think I just made a three-picture deal. | 我刚做成了三方协议 |
[33:09] | A three-picture deal to do what? | 什么事的三方协议? |
[33:11] | It doesn’t seem to matter. | 看起来不太重要 |
[33:13] | This is joey lucas and her assistant, kenny. | 这位是乔伊路卡斯 这是她的助理肯尼 |
[33:15] | You’re running o’dwyer’s campaign in the 46th. | 你替46选区的欧杜威尔竞选 |
[33:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:19] | Sam seaborn. | 我是山姆希朋 |
[33:20] | Hi. toby ziegler. | 托比齐格 |
[33:21] | Hello. | |
[33:23] | C.j. Cregg. hi. | 茜洁葛瑞 |
[33:24] | I know who you all are. | 我认识你 |
[33:27] | I was just telling her about kiefer’s numbers. | 我在跟她说基佛的数字 |
[33:29] | I’ve seen those numbers. | 我见过那些数字 |
[33:31] | We shared The california polling data. | 我们共用加州民调资料 |
[33:33] | And? | 然后呢? |
[33:35] | Kiefer asked the wrong questions. | 基佛问的问题不对 |
[33:36] | His polls said | 他的民调说八成民众 |
[33:38] | 80% of the people, when asked if they favored | 在被问到是否支持 焚烧国旗修正案时 |
[33:40] | A flag burning amendment said yes | 回答“是” |
[33:42] | Which is roughly the same percentage | 这和支持乱丢垃圾应坐牢 |
[33:44] | Who’d say they favor sending litterbugs to prison. | 的百分比几乎相等 |
[33:46] | He never asked them how much do they care. | 他没问民众的关心程度为何 |
[33:49] | Please, please say that you did. | 拜托,请告诉我你问了 |
[33:54] | How good am I looking to you right now? | 你觉得我现在有多好看? |
[33:56] | That depends on the california numbers. | 那要由加州数据来决定 |
[34:03] | 37%, or less than half | 三成七,但其中不到半数 |
[34:05] | Of those who say they’d favor the amendment | 说他们支持修正案 |
[34:08] | Rated the issue fairly or very important. | 认为此议题相当或非常重要 |
[34:10] | 12%, or less than a third of that group | 一成二,或不到1/3的人说 |
[34:13] | Said that the issue would swing their vote. | 此议题会决定他们的选票流向 |
[34:15] | The only place this war is being fought | 这场战争 |
[34:18] | Is in washington. | 唯一开打的地方是华府 |
[34:21] | You’re looking very good to me right now. | 我现在觉得你美若天仙 |
[34:26] | I thought so. | 我也这么想 |
[34:28] | Good to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[34:29] | Pleasure. | |
[34:32] | Nice meeting you. | 幸会 |
[34:34] | You have any idea how big you just scored | 你知道你刚给托比和山姆 |
[34:38] | With toby and sam right now? | 的印象有多好吗? |
[34:41] | Yes. | 知道,但是… |
[34:42] | But still… What? | 怎么了? |
[34:45] | I think if you want to have the president | 我认为你应请总统 |
[34:47] | Stand up and say something about flag burning | 站出来说几句话 |
[34:49] | I think he should say people shouldn’t do it. | 他应呼吁人民不要焚烧国旗 |
[34:51] | I think he should say | 他应说这种抗议方式 |
[34:52] | That it’s a form of protest That for a lot of people is terribly troubling. | 对很多人造成困扰 |
[34:56] | Your poll says that? | 你的民调这么说吗? |
[34:57] | i said that, and so do a lot of people. | 是我说的,很多人都这么说 |
[35:00] | vox populi, vox dei. | 人民的声音就是神的声音 |
[35:03] | The voice of the people is the voice of a dog. | 人民的声音就是狗的声音 |
[35:06] | The voice of god, joshua. | 是神的声音,乔西 |
[35:07] | God. | 神…是的 |
[35:11] | Yes. | |
[35:16] | I came here with someone. | 我今晚有男伴 |
[35:18] | I’m, I’m sorry? | 对不起? |
[35:21] | I came here with someone. | 我今晚有男伴一起来 |
[35:26] | Okay. Um… | 好,我该走了…我得走了 |
[35:30] | I… I should go. | |
[35:33] | I have to go. | |
[35:35] | Wait. Will you call me sometime | 慢着,打电话给我好吗? |
[35:37] | Next time you come out here? | 下次你再来的时候? |
[35:39] | Absolutely. | 那当然,来之前我就先打电话 |
[35:42] | I will call in advance of my coming. | |
[35:48] | It was really good to see you. | 真的很高兴见到你 |
[35:53] | You, too. | 彼此彼此 |
[36:00] | Mr. President, I don’t need to tell you | 总统先生 用不着我说,你也知道 |
[36:02] | That I’ve got a large microphone at my disposal | 我有支很大的麦克风 准备随时派上用场 |
[36:05] | And I’m going to demand that you publicly announce | 我要求你公开宣布 |
[36:07] | That you are going to veto cameron’s bill if it passes. | 柯麦隆的法案若是通过的话 你将予以否决 |
[36:09] | It’s not going to pass, ted. | 它不会通过,泰德 |
[36:11] | It’s not going to get voted on. | 甚至不会进行表决 |
[36:12] | No, I’m saying, as a gesture. | 我是要你表态 |
[36:14] | As a symbol. | |
[36:15] | I’m saying, as a gesture, as a symbol | 我这么说就是表态 |
[36:17] | You make that public demand, ted | 你公开要求的话 |
[36:19] | And you’re going to be cameron’s best friend. | 你会成为柯麦隆最好的朋友 |
[36:21] | The people in my house want this | 我的客人要你表态 |
[36:23] | And they’re complaining to me | 他们向我抱怨说 |
[36:24] | That you take their money and run | 你拿了他们的钱 |
[36:26] | Without listening. | 但却不听他们的心声就跑了 |
[36:27] | Oh, god, ted. | 天啊,泰德 告诉我谁向你抱怨 |
[36:28] | Give me the name of one person | 天啊,泰德 |
[36:29] | Who’s complaining to you | 告诉我谁向你抱怨 |
[36:30] | And I’ll call them personally | 我会亲自打电话给他们 |
[36:32] | And tell them I will never sign a law like that. | 说我绝不会签这样的法案 |
[36:35] | Well, then, why won’t you…? | 那你为何不… |
[36:36] | Ted. | 泰德 |
[36:38] | Why won’t you say that publicly? | 你为何不公开说明? |
[36:41] | Because I know what I’m doing, ted. | 因为我自有分寸 |
[36:43] | Because I live in the world of professional politics | 因为我活在 专业政治家的世界里 |
[36:47] | And you live in the world of adolescent tantrum! | 而你活在 青少年意气用事的世界里 |
[36:52] | And don’t you ever slap josh lyman around again. | 不准再对乔西赖曼无理取闹 |
[36:55] | That guy is the white house deputy chief of staff. | 他是白宫的副幕僚长 |
[36:58] | He’s not one of your associate producers. | 不是你手下的制片助理 |
[37:00] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[37:01] | Don’t screw with me– I’m not in the mood. | 别再惹我,泰德 我没那个心情 |
[37:03] | I mean it. You’re right. | 我是认真的,你说得对 |
[37:05] | Right now, right this second | 此刻美国同性恋权利 |
[37:06] | The worst thing that could possibly happen | 最大的挫败 |
[37:08] | To gay rights in this country is for me to put that thing On the debating table. | 就是我把那法案放在辩论桌上 |
[37:11] | Which is what happens the minute I open my mouth. | 只要我开口就会成为事实 |
[37:14] | Do you get that? | 你懂吗? |
[37:15] | I’m a human starting gun, ted. | 我具有强大的杀伤力,泰德 |
[37:17] | You got to trust me. | 你必须信任我 我知道自己在做什么 |
[37:18] | I know what I’m doing. | 你必须信任我 我知道自己在做什么 |
[37:19] | I do trust you, Mr. President. | 我信任你,总统先生 是吗? |
[37:21] | Do you? yes, I do | 是的,我也喜欢你 |
[37:23] | And I like you, too. | |
[37:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:40] | Have you enjoyed yourself tonight? | 你今晚玩得高兴吗 |
[37:43] | No. | 不高兴 |
[37:45] | Me neither. | 我也一样 |
[37:53] | I-if you don’t mind my saying, Mr. President | 请别介意,但我觉得你比 |
[37:56] | Y-you look more tired than you did When I saw you a couple of months ago. | 几个月前我见到你时憔悴多了 |
[38:01] | Imagine how tired I’m going to look | 再过几个月,我会更憔悴 |
[38:02] | When you see me a couple of months from now. | |
[38:06] | I haven’t slept well, lately. | 我近来睡得不好 |
[38:09] | I kept everyone up on the plane on the way out. | 来的时候,在飞机上 |
[38:14] | You know, we left at 3:00 in the morning. | 我让大家无法睡觉 |
[38:19] | I really want to try to sleep on the way back. | 你知道我们凌晨三点起飞的 我希望回程能睡一觉 |
[38:32] | That was it? | 就这样? 对 |
[38:33] | Yeah. | 就这样? 对 |
[38:34] | Just because she said she was with somebody? | 就因为她说她有男伴? |
[38:36] | She said she was with somebody. | 她说她有男伴 |
[38:38] | Oh, josh. | 乔西 |
[38:39] | Donna, she’s with somebody. | 唐娜,她有男伴 |
[38:41] | She could have just been saying that. | 她可能只是说说而已 |
[38:43] | Why would she just have been saying that? | 她没事干嘛要说这个? |
[38:45] | For the allure. | 为了引诱你 |
[38:46] | Oh. | |
[38:47] | Go see her before we leave. | 我们离开前快去找她 现在是半夜一点 |
[38:48] | It’s 1:00 in the morning. | 去敲她的门 |
[38:50] | Knock on her door. | 去敲她的门 |
[38:51] | I’m not going to knock on her door | 我才不要半夜一点去敲她的门 |
[38:52] | At 1:00 in the morning. | |
[38:54] | Yes, ’cause you’re whisking back to washington | 去,因为你在赶回华盛顿之前 |
[38:55] | And you had to see her one more time before you left | 非再见她一面不可 |
[38:58] | ’cause god knows what fate awaits you there. | 天知道 |
[38:59] | Are you okay? | 你去了之后会发生什么事 |
[39:01] | Gather ye rosebuds, josh. | 你还好吧? 有花堪折直须折 |
[39:03] | Donna, I am not going to knock on her door. | 唐娜,我不要去敲她的门 |
[39:06] | ( clucking like a chicken ) | 胆小鬼 |
[39:08] | Were you just clucking like a chicken? | 你学鸡叫是那个意思吗? |
[39:10] | Was that what that was? yeah. | 对 |
[39:12] | I couldn’t if I wanted to. | 就算我想去敲她的门也没办法 |
[39:13] | I don’t have her room number. | 我不知道她房间号码 |
[39:17] | First of all, don’t do that thing anymore | 拜托,别再“电话留言…” 那样尖声怪叫 |
[39:21] | And? | 还有呢? |
[39:23] | Tell them I’ll be down in one minute. | 告诉她我马上下去 |
[39:27] | How’s she going to know I’m knocking on the door? | 慢着,她听不见 怎么知道我在敲门? |
[39:29] | There’s a button outside– a light flashes. | 门外有按钮,灯会亮 |
[39:31] | Tell them I’ll be there in a minute. | 告诉她我马上过去 |
[39:49] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[39:52] | Al. | 艾尔 |
[39:53] | What can I do for you? | 艾尔 |
[39:55] | You know, I got the wrong room. | 有什么事吗? |
[39:58] | Uh, I don’t think so. | 我找错房间了 我想不是吧 |
[40:01] | You looking for joey? | 你要找乔伊? |
[40:02] | Yeah. | 对 她在里面 |
[40:03] | She’s right here. | 对 她在里面 |
[40:04] | No. I-i-i-I’m not. | 我不是要找她 |
[40:05] | I was stopping to say A quick good-bye. don’t bother. | 我只想说声再见就走 |
[40:07] | Who’s out there? | 谁在外面? |
[40:16] | I wanted to say a quick good-bye. | 我只想说声再见 |
[40:18] | We’re taking off And, uh.. | 我们要起飞了 |
[40:22] | Thank you for talking to us tonight. | 谢谢你今晚跟我们谈话 |
[40:25] | That was helpful. | 对我们很有帮助 |
[40:31] | She said good-bye. | 她说再见 |
[40:34] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:40] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[41:14] | Anyway, Mr. Vice president, it’s taken care of. | 无论如何,副总统先生 事情已经处理好了 |
[41:16] | We can put it to rest. | 现在都没事了 |
[41:18] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,总统 不客气,再见 |
[41:19] | You’re welcome. Good-bye. | 谢谢你,总统 |
[41:20] | Good night. | 不客气,再见 |
[41:22] | Wait. | 晚安 等一下,约翰 |
[41:23] | John… | 是的,总统 |
[41:26] | I want to tell you… | 我想告诉你… |
[41:27] | A couple of years ago in iowa | 几年前在爱荷华 |
[41:29] | I really admired the way you hung in there | 我真的很钦佩你为 |
[41:32] | On the ethanol tax credit. | 谷物酒精税扣除额的那份坚持 |
[41:33] | You went out to iowa and said the same things | 你到爱荷华发表 |
[41:36] | You’d been saying in the senate for eight years | 你在参议院说了八年的理念 |
[41:39] | Even though you knew it wasn’t going to play. | 即使明知不会有什么结果 |
[41:42] | My confession is, you and I agree on ethanol | 我要承认 你我对谷物酒精税观点相同 |
[41:45] | But you were the only one to say it. | 但只有你坦白说出来 |
[41:47] | You stood in there, even though you knew | 你择善固执,即使你知道 |
[41:50] | You were going to lose iowa and who knows what after that. | 会失去爱荷华和其他州 |
[41:53] | Anyway… | 总之… |
[41:56] | I just wanted to say… | 我想说的是… |
[41:59] | You had a good day today, john. | 祝你今天顺心如意 |
[42:02] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[42:05] | I’m going to try and go to sleep now. | 我现在想试试看能不能睡得着 |
[42:08] | Good night, sir. | 晚安,总统,明天早上见 |
[42:09] | Yeah. | |
[42:18] | ( heavy sigh ) |