时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Excuse me, have you seen the first lady? | |
[00:07] | C.j.! | 你知道当初我能嫁的人有多少 多少? |
[00:08] | You know how many | 你知道当初我能嫁的人有多少 |
[00:10] | How many? other people I could have married? | 多少? |
[00:11] | I’ve been trying to listen to your lessons | 我一直想听你的话 |
[00:13] | On how to be a better boyfriend. | 学习怎么做个好男友 |
[00:15] | No, this is one of the times when it’s okay. | 不,这次没有关系 |
[00:17] | It’s hard to tell the difference | 实在很难分辨 |
[00:18] | Between those times and the others. | 有关系和没关系的时候 |
[00:20] | Doesn’t that suck? | 很烦人对吗? 这位是特勤干员吉娜塔斯卡诺 |
[00:21] | This is special agent gina toscano. | 这位是特勤干员吉娜塔斯卡诺 |
[00:23] | Zoey’s got a new agent. | 柔伊有新的随扈人员 我听说了 |
[00:24] | I heard. | 戴着耳机在校园走动 |
[00:25] | Walking around campus | 戴着耳机在校园走动 |
[00:26] | With a wire in their ear. | 他们是白人至上主义者吗? |
[00:27] | Are they white supremacists? | 他们是白人至上主义者吗? |
[00:28] | I can’t tell you for sure | 不确定 |
[00:29] | But I know what I’m looking for | 我知道如何从人群中揪出他们 |
[00:31] | in a crowd, if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果你问的是这个 |
[00:32] | Zoey, walk on the other side of me. | 柔伊,帮个忙 走我另一边,好吗 |
[00:35] | Woman: 30 seconds, mrs. Bartlet. | 三十秒,巴特勒夫人 “白宫攻防战” |
[00:36] | Abbey: I don’t want you to be nervous. | 不要紧张 好 |
[00:37] | Boy: okay. | 不要紧张 好 |
[00:39] | if you’re nervous, I’ll detect it | 如果你紧张,我会察觉 |
[00:40] | And mock you mercilessly on television. | 还会在全国观众面前嘲笑你 |
[00:43] | Okay. | 好 有人可能认为第一夫人 嘲笑十四岁小孩很残忍 |
[00:44] | People might think it’s cruel for the first lady | 有人可能认为第一夫人 |
[00:45] | To mock a 14-year-old boy | 嘲笑十四岁小孩很残忍 |
[00:47] | Whose only crime is getting nervous on television | 尤其是罪名只是在数百万计 |
[00:50] | In front of millions and millions of people | 观众面前说话紧张而己 |
[00:51] | But I’m going to do it anyway. | 但我还是会照笑你不误 |
[00:53] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[00:54] | Jeffrey… | 杰佛瑞 是的,夫人 |
[00:55] | Yes, ma’am? | 我是开玩笑的 |
[00:56] | I was kidding. | 我是开玩笑的 |
[00:58] | Now… | 如果你真的紧张 |
[00:59] | If you get nervous Look at me or your parents. | 就看着我或你的父母 |
[01:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:03] | You won’t get nervous, ’cause if you do, I’ll beat | 但你不会紧张,对吗? 不会 |
[01:05] | Your brains out. | 如果你紧张,我会敲你脑袋 是的,夫人 |
[01:06] | Yes, ma’am. | 我不自己动手 |
[01:07] | Not me personally– I have people who do that for me– But you get the idea. | 有人替我效劳,你懂我的意思 |
[01:10] | Mrs. Bartlet, ten seconds. | 巴特勒夫人,十秒 |
[01:12] | Lilli, should have worn the gray suit. | 莉莉,我该穿灰色套装的 你看起来很好 |
[01:15] | You’re good. | 倒数计时,三秒… |
[01:16] | And here we go. | |
[01:18] | 25 minutes past the hour and 42 degrees | 整点过25分钟 |
[01:22] | Outside our rockefeller center studios. | 洛克斐勒中心摄影棚外 温度42度 |
[01:24] | Abigail bartlet is no stranger | 艾碧巴特勒为儿童健康 |
[01:26] | To the fight for children’s health around the world | 付出的努力全球皆知 |
[01:29] | And she’s taken the time to speak with us this morning. | 她今天上午拨空与我们谈话 |
[01:31] | Good morning, mrs. Bartlet. | 早安,巴特勒夫人 |
[01:32] | Good morning, melissa. | 早安,梅莉莎 |
[01:34] | You’re speaking with us | 你是从白宫壁画室与我们谈话 |
[01:35] | From the mural room, is that right? | 对吗? |
[01:36] | That’s right, and I’m here | 对,坐在我左边的是 |
[01:38] | To introduce this young man on my left Jeffrey morgan. | 杰佛瑞摩根 |
[01:41] | Jeffrey helped open my eyes | 杰佛瑞让我注意到 |
[01:43] | To the issue of child labor exploitation around the world. | 全球童工剥削问题 |
[01:46] | Jeffrey, you started your organization | 杰佛瑞,你创立这个组织 |
[01:48] | Because of a pen pal you felt was in trouble. | 是因为你的笔友遭遇困难 |
[01:50] | Jeffrey: yes, and I thought… | 是… |
[01:52] | When did jeffrey happen? | 这杰佛瑞的事是何时发生的 |
[01:53] | Sam… | 山姆 |
[01:54] | Lilli, when did jeffrey happen? | 莉莉,这事何时发生的? |
[01:56] | I dug it up for her yesterday. | 我昨天帮她挖到的 |
[01:57] | You’re going to love him. | 你会喜欢他的 |
[01:59] | Let’s find out. | 看了就知道 |
[02:00] | Your organization, the kids’ crusade… | 你的组织―小孩救援团… |
[02:03] | The children’s crusade. | 儿童救援团 |
[02:04] | The children’s– I’m sorry– The children’s crusade | 对不起,儿童救援团的成立 |
[02:08] | Was created when your pen pal was sold into slavery | 是因为你的笔友被卖为奴隶 |
[02:11] | Is that right? | 对吗? |
[02:12] | Well, that’s not what they call it in india | 在印度他们不这样说 |
[02:14] | But that’s what it is. | 但就是这么回事 |
[02:15] | You see, panshin’s mother borrowed $25 | 潘辛的母亲借了25美元 |
[02:18] | And panshin had to go to work to pay back the loan. | 潘辛得做工还钱 |
[02:20] | He’s good. yeah. | 他不错 她向我们所谓的高利贷借钱 潘辛被迫得替他们工作 |
[02:21] | Abbey: she borrowed the money From what we would call | 她向我们所谓的高利贷借钱 |
[02:23] | A loan shark, melissa. Then panshin was bonded To work for the loan shark | 潘辛被迫得替他们工作 |
[02:28] | But could never pay back the loan… | 但因利息太高钱永远还不了 |
[02:30] | So here’s my thing. | 我有个提议… |
[02:31] | What? | 什么提议? |
[02:32] | What about the president | 你们可否考虑让总统 |
[02:33] | Not going up to the hill for the budget meetings tomorrow | 明天不到国会出席预算会议 |
[02:36] | But bringing the leadership to the white house instead? | 而把国会高层人士找来白宫 为什么? |
[02:38] | Why? | 我们要成为新闻焦点 |
[02:39] | We want the news cycle. | 我们要成为新闻焦点 |
[02:40] | Lilli… | 总统夫人明天要到 全国记者俱乐部演讲 |
[02:41] | She’s got the national press club tomorrow | 总统夫人明天要到 全国记者俱乐部演讲 |
[02:43] | It’s her first major speech since commencement season | 这是毕业典礼季节期间 她的第一次重大演说 |
[02:45] | It’s child labor, and we want the news cycle. | 内容与童工有关 我们要媒体完整报导 |
[02:47] | The news cycle doesn’t belong to us, lilli. | 这不是我们的工作范围 |
[02:49] | It’s not ours to give away. | 新闻不从我们这里发出去 |
[02:50] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我的意思 |
[02:51] | We want to show the president | 我们得让总统显得 |
[02:53] | Is reaching out for budget compromise. | 愿意在预算上与国会妥协 |
[02:54] | He’s literally going to congress. | 国会他是非去不可 |
[02:56] | He’s being driven six blocks in a stretch limo, sam. | 他坐着大车穿过六条街 |
[02:59] | It’s not like he’s henry clay. | 山姆,他不是亨利克莱 |
[03:01] | It’s a symbol. | 那是象征动作 你的老板下个车 就可以成为标题人物 |
[03:02] | Your guy steps out of a motorcade | 你的老板下个车 |
[03:03] | And that’s three column inches above the fold. | 就可以成为标题人物 |
[03:05] | My guy’s on page 23. | 我的老板 却只能出现在第23版 |
[03:06] | Your guy’s married to ours | 你的老板嫁给了我的老板 |
[03:08] | And ours won an election. | 我的老板赢得总统选举 |
[03:09] | Just something you have to get used to. | 你和你的老板得习惯这点 |
[03:11] | Your guy has a 48 percent approval rating. | 你的老板支持率只有48% |
[03:13] | My guy’s at 61. | 我的老板61% |
[03:15] | And bite me. | 有什么话说 |
[03:15] | Ah… Point well argued. | 说得好 |
[03:17] | Melissa: mrs. Bartlet | 巴特勒夫人,那些公司知道 |
[03:19] | Does the company know That its subcontractors are using child labor? | 他们的承包商雇用童工吗 |
[03:23] | Abbey: melissa, if they don’t | 若不知道,是犯了疏忽罪 |
[03:24] | Then they’re criminally negligent. If they do, then they’re simply criminal. | 如果知道,就是明知故犯 |
[03:29] | There it is. | 说得好 |
[03:31] | That was a pretty good pitch to hit. | 这是很好的论点 |
[03:32] | Come on, sam, see toby. | 拜托,山姆,去见见托比 |
[03:34] | Give us some room to run. | 让我有空间可以运作 |
[03:36] | Lilli… | 莉莉… |
[03:36] | Change the channel. toby… | 换台 |
[03:38] | Hi, turn to channel five. | 托比 转到第五频道 |
[03:39] | What happened? | 怎么回事? 柏尼达尔去世了 |
[03:40] | Bernie dahl died. | 怎么回事? |
[03:42] | Abbey: …80 hours a week in darkness and silence. | 柏尼达尔去世了 |
[03:44] | …after suffering what is being described | …因严重心脏病发送抵 |
[03:46] | As a massive heart attack Was pronounced dead upon arrival at johns hopkins medical center. | 约翰霍普金斯医学中心后 |
[03:51] | Mr. Dahl, widely respected on wall street | 宣告不治 |
[03:53] | As the chief architect | 华尔街普遍肯定 |
[03:54] | Of the longest peacetime economic expansion in history | 达尔先生为美国史上承平时期 |
[03:57] | Was in the fourth year of his second four-year term | 最长经济扩张期的推动者 |
[03:59] | As chairman of the federal reserve. | 这是他出任联准会主席 第二任期的第四年 |
[04:01] | You just lost your news cycle. | 你的新闻吹了 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 “白宫风云” |
[04:49] | Is there going to be a coup? | 会发生政变吗? |
[04:51] | Man: excuse me, sir? | 对不起,先生? |
[04:52] | Is there going to be a coup? | 会有政变吗? |
[04:54] | No, sir. We believe in the next few weeks | 不会,我想欧帕多肯 |
[04:56] | That opadokan will appoint their successors | 数周内会从部族任命接班人 |
[04:58] | From diverse regions including the ibo from the east. | 包括东部的伊布人 |
[05:01] | They’ve been complaining of under-representation. | 他们一再抱怨代表人数不够 |
[05:03] | And this is on page…? | 这是在第几页? |
[05:04] | 17 in your classified book. | 机密类十七页 |
[05:06] | Page 17… | 十七页… |
[05:07] | Excuse me, Mr. President. | 对不起,总统先生 |
[05:09] | Yeah. | |
[05:10] | Oh. Excuse me, please. | 恕我失陪一会 |
[05:16] | Leo, the intelligence briefings… | 里奥,他们正在做情报简报 我知道 |
[05:18] | I know. | 今天早上我一个劲儿点头 但谁也不满意 |
[05:19] | There are mornings I’m just nodding my head | 今天早上我一个劲儿点头 |
[05:20] | And that can’t be good for anybody. | 但谁也不满意 |
[05:22] | Bernie dahl had a heart attack. | 柏尼达尔心脏病发 不会吧 |
[05:23] | No… | 一小时前去世了 死了? |
[05:24] | Yeah, he died about an hour ago. | 一小时前去世了 死了? |
[05:26] | He died? | 送医途中死亡,真不是时候 |
[05:27] | On the way to the hospital. | 送医途中死亡,真不是时候 |
[05:29] | Bad timing. | 我也这样想,还有谁知道 我们从电视新闻得知的 |
[05:30] | I’ll say. | 我也这样想,还有谁知道 |
[05:31] | Who knows so far? We got it off the news. | 我们从电视新闻得知的 |
[05:33] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[05:34] | Yeah. | 该死 |
[05:35] | Market’s going to open 200 points down. | 股市开盘非大跌二百点不可 |
[05:37] | If we’re lucky. | 运气好的话 |
[05:38] | When was the last time we were lucky? | 上次我们走好运是什么时候? |
[05:39] | Super tuesday. | 超级星期二 |
[05:40] | It’s going to be | 我看会跌三百点,三百五十点 |
[05:41] | 300, 350. | |
[05:43] | Announce ron erlich. | 宣布厄利克接任吧 |
[05:45] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[05:46] | Announce ron erlich as dahl’s successor. | 宣布由厄利克继任 |
[05:48] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[05:49] | You do it this morning when trading opens | 你在上午开盘时宣布 |
[05:51] | Everybody calms down. | 市场便会平静下来 |
[05:53] | I’m saying I’m not sure it’s erlich. | 我还不确定由厄利克接任 |
[05:54] | Sir… | 先生… 我说还不确定 |
[05:56] | I’m not sure. It’s the fed chairman. Give me a day. | 事关联准会主席 给我一天时间 |
[05:58] | It’s going to be an expensive day. | 这会是代价高昂的一天 |
[06:00] | How expensive? | 有多高昂? |
[06:01] | You say 300 points, it could be more. | 你说三百点,可能不止 |
[06:05] | Wall street needs to trust me. | 华尔街必须相信我 |
[06:07] | Should I go tell them that? | 要我这样告诉他们吗? |
[06:08] | A day, and I’ll tell you what else– | 给我一天,我还要说明一点 |
[06:10] | You could’ve been nicer to me during this conversation. | 你该对我说话客气些 怎么说? |
[06:13] | How? | 你可以说华尔街信得过我 |
[06:14] | By saying that wall street does trust me | 你可以说华尔街信得过我 |
[06:16] | And the market’ll hold until I appoint a new fed chairman. | 在我任命新联准会主席前 市场会持稳 |
[06:18] | Sure. | 先给我一分钟 |
[06:20] | Just give me a minute to call my broker And dump my portfolio. | 我要打电话给券商,出清持股 |
[06:24] | I’m taking the day. | 我要一天的时间 |
[06:27] | I’m going to leak it’s erlich. | 我会散播厄利克是人选的消息 |
[06:28] | Get the news to our people. | 让消息传开来 |
[06:29] | It’ll calm things down. no. | 有助稳定市场 不好 |
[06:31] | Mr. President… | 总统先生… |
[06:32] | I’m not ready | 我还未决定与厄利克同床共枕 |
[06:34] | To jump into bed with ron erlich yet. | |
[06:36] | Making me one of the few people in my family who can say that. | 我是我的家人中 少数有权这样说的 |
[06:41] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[06:49] | So… That was page 17. | 好,刚才是十七页 |
[06:54] | Yes, sir. The leader of the national assembly Mr. Mohammed ashorobi… | 是的,国会领袖穆罕… |
[07:03] | So I’ve been reading this book… | 我看了一本很有意思的书 |
[07:05] | I’m on the phone. | 我在讲电话 |
[07:06] | How do you know? you’re on hold. | 对方要你稍候 你怎么知道? |
[07:08] | The light was blinking. | 灯在闪 |
[07:10] | What book? | 什么书? |
[07:12] | It’s about what life was like a hundred years ago. | 关于一百年前的美国生活 |
[07:13] | Donna, the fact that I’m on hold now… | 唐娜,我在等人接电话 |
[07:15] | That shouldn’t be your cue to tell me | 但不等于要你告诉我 |
[07:16] | What life was like a hundred years ago. | 一百年前美国人的生活 |
[07:18] | For instance, a hundred years ago | 举例说一百年前 |
[07:20] | Women washed their hair once a month | 大多数妇女每月只洗头一次 |
[07:21] | And they used borax or egg yolks for shampoo. | 她们拿硼砂或蛋黄当洗发精 我在听 |
[07:23] | I’m here. | 佛罗伦斯和柏莎是最常见 十个女孩名字中的两个 |
[07:24] | Florence and bertha were among | 佛罗伦斯和柏莎是最常见 |
[07:25] | The top girls’ names. | 十个女孩名字中的两个 |
[07:27] | I’m meeting him in five minutes. | 我会在五分钟内和他们见面 托比会表现得很好 |
[07:29] | Today they don’t make the top 10,000. | 现在这两个名字 连前一万名都排不上 |
[07:30] | Excuse me… What? | 对不起,你说什么? |
[07:31] | Florence and bertha aren’t among | 现在佛罗伦斯和柏莎 |
[07:33] | The top 10,000 names today… | 连前一万名都排不上 |
[07:34] | I’m actually back | 但一百年前… |
[07:35] | On the phone now. | 我在讲电话 |
[07:37] | I’ll wait. | 我等你 |
[07:39] | Toby’s going to be fine. don’t worry. | 托比会表现得很好,别担心 |
[07:43] | Toby’s in his office? | 托比在办公室吗? |
[07:45] | Yeah. The population of las vegas, nevada, was 22. | 对,当时拉斯维加人口22人 |
[07:48] | I’m going to go to my meeting now | 我要去开会了,你坐在这里 |
[07:49] | But you sit here and keep talking. | 继续说,就当我没离开 |
[07:50] | It’ll be like I never left. | 拿去 谢谢 |
[07:51] | Here. | 拿去 谢谢 |
[07:52] | Thank you. | 另外还有一件事 什么? |
[07:53] | And you know what else? | 另外还有一件事 什么? |
[07:55] | Drive-by shootings were a problem in denver. | 骑士滥射是当时丹佛一大问题 |
[07:56] | Yeah. a hundred years ago? | 一百年前吗? 他们骑什么? |
[07:57] | What were they driving? | 很高兴你问起这个问题 骑马 |
[07:58] | I’m glad you asked. horses. | 很高兴你问起这个问题 骑马 |
[08:00] | Young boys on horseback riding through town | 年轻人骑着马 |
[08:02] | Shooting at, I suppose Stagecoaches and whatnot. | 在街头滥射驿马车等等 |
[08:04] | When do you have time to read? | 你怎么有时间看这些书 |
[08:06] | It’s important to make time for yourself. | 自己找时间是很重要的事 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[08:08] | I notice you’re able to do it right here. | 我发现你在办公室也办得到 |
[08:09] | I’m adaptable. | 我适应力一流 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[08:11] | Among other things. | 何止如此 |
[08:13] | Toby: sam? | 山姆 |
[08:15] | Yeah? | 编剧:小劳伦斯欧唐诺 保罗瑞福、艾伦索金 |
[08:16] | C.j.’s going to need | 茜洁需要一个理由来解释 |
[08:17] | A reason why the president’s waiting a day | 总统先生为何要再考虑一天 导演:肯恩欧林 |
[08:19] | That doesn’t sound like we’re reconsidering erlich. | 但又不能显得 我们对厄利克还有些犹豫 |
[08:21] | I just gave her one. | 我刚给了她一个理由 是什么? |
[08:22] | What? | 向死者致敬 |
[08:23] | Respect. | 向死者致敬 |
[08:26] | The man just died. | 达尔刚去世 |
[08:27] | Out of respect for his memory and his family… | 出于对死者及其家人的敬意… |
[08:29] | It would be wrong to name a successor… | 在他去世的日子 提名接班人有些不妥 |
[08:31] | Respect works. | 致敬应该行得通 |
[08:34] | I’ll tell you this, though– | 但我还是要告诉你 |
[08:35] | I’m going to the gym today. | 今天我要上健身房 |
[08:36] | Okay, that doesn’t seem | 我对这个不感兴趣 |
[08:37] | To be about anything that interests me. | |
[08:38] | Bernie dahl has a heart attack, bam, right out of nowhere? | 我是说达尔心脏病发 砰的一下,突如其来 |
[08:41] | It’s his fifth heart attack, sam. He’s 138 years old. | 这是他第五次心脏病发,山姆 他年纪很大了 |
[08:43] | These are stressful jobs. | 但这些全是高压力的工作 |
[08:45] | I haven’t been to the gym in three weeks. | 我已三星期未上健身房 |
[08:46] | Sam, look at yourself. | 山姆,看看你 |
[08:48] | How much healthier do you want to be? | 你还想要多健康? |
[08:50] | If anybody needs me at lunch, I’m at the gym. | 我是说如果有人午餐时找我 我会在健身房 |
[08:52] | That’s going to be sad for me | 我很难过我会活得比你久 |
[08:53] | Because I’m going to live longer than you. Don’t count on it. | 别那么有把握 |
[08:58] | Toby. | 托比 |
[08:59] | We are waiting a day | 因为敬意的关系 |
[09:00] | To make our announcement out of respect, josh. | 我们要等一天才宣布人选 |
[09:02] | For whom? | 对谁表示敬意 死者 |
[09:03] | The dead– and how I wish | 真希望我是死者之一 |
[09:05] | I were one of them. You’re going to love this. | 你会喜欢这次会议的 |
[09:07] | Bet you I’m not. | 打赌我不会 托比… |
[09:08] | Toby… | 已经搞定了 我知道 |
[09:09] | It’s locked down. | 已经搞定了 |
[09:10] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[09:10] | It’s locked down | 多出十五张票搞定 |
[09:11] | With some 15 votes to spare. | |
[09:13] | There is value to having | 请求这三名国会议员支持 |
[09:14] | These three congressmen on board. | 还是有它的价值 |
[09:16] | What is it? | 什么价值? 他们是总统的自由主义基础 尚未弃他而去的明证 |
[09:17] | A clear and public demonstration | 他们是总统的自由主义基础 |
[09:19] | That the president’s liberal base Hasn’t turned their backs. | 尚未弃他而去的明证 |
[09:22] | In the case of these three people | 就这三个人来说 |
[09:25] | I’d like to see a clear and public demonstration That they’ve turned their backs and run | 我倒想见到他们转身 |
[09:28] | As far as humanly possible. | 跑得比谁都远的明证 |
[09:30] | I think you think it’s beneath you to ask. | 我想你是放不下身段 |
[09:31] | It is beneath me to ask! | 我是放不下身段 |
[09:33] | It’s sewn up– by 15. | 已经搞定了 |
[09:35] | We’ve got the trade bill– it’s sewn up– | 多出十五票 贸易法案已是十拿九稳 |
[09:36] | And it’s as bipartisan as we’re likely to see. | 我们已搞定它 还是我们乐见的两党合作结果 |
[09:38] | There was a victory and we’re the victors | 这是一大胜利,我们是赢家 |
[09:40] | And I’m not going in there hat in my hand… | 我不要在那里必恭必敬的 |
[09:42] | No one’s asking… | 没人要你这样做 |
[09:43] | you’re asking me to. | 你就在逼我这样做 |
[09:44] | No, we’re going to do “Good cop, bad cop.” | 不,我们是去扮黑白脸警察 |
[09:47] | No, we’re really not. | 不是 为什么不是? |
[09:50] | ’cause this isn’t why not? | 这又不是在演檀岛警骑影集 |
[09:51] | An episode of hawaii five-o. | |
[09:52] | How about you be the good cop, I be | 干脆好警察让你当 |
[09:54] | The cop that doesn’t go to the meeting? | 我当不参加会议的坏警察 |
[09:55] | I told them you’d be at the meeting. | 你得出席 我告诉他们你会在场 |
[09:57] | If you’re not there, they’re going to start right out insulted. | 如果你缺席 他们会觉得受到羞辱 |
[09:59] | If I go, there’s a decent chance | 如果我出席,很有可能 |
[10:01] | They’re going to end up insulted. | 会羞辱他们一番,所以… |
[10:02] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[10:04] | I need to get to exercise more. | 我得多运动 托比… |
[10:05] | Toby… | 我得多运动,吃得好些 |
[10:07] | Got to exercise more, got to eat better. | 我得多运动,吃得好些 |
[10:08] | Toby, you’re going to sit in that room | 托比,你得坐在那个房间 |
[10:10] | And you’re going to behave yourself, I swear to god. | 还得扮演好人,非这样不可 |
[10:11] | You’re going to sit there | 在我游说这些人支持时 |
[10:12] | While I court these people’s votes, and every so often | 你就坐在那里 |
[10:15] | You’re going to smile so as to indicate warmth. | 还要不时露齿微笑,显现热情 |
[10:18] | I can still kick the crap out of you. | 我还是可以扯你后腿 |
[10:19] | We’re clear on that? | 我们彼此清楚这点,对不对 |
[10:20] | Yeah. | 我们还在等什么 托比… |
[10:21] | What the heck are we waiting for? | 我们还在等什么 托比… |
[10:23] | Toby? I’ll be nice. | 我会客客气气的 |
[10:24] | The president’s serious about this. | 总统对这事很认真 |
[10:25] | He shouldn’t be. | 大可不必 |
[10:26] | So you’ve told him many times | 你跟他说了许多次 |
[10:27] | But here these people are | 但我们还是得和这些人见面 |
[10:29] | So I guess the president disagrees with you. | 所以我想总统不同意你的想法 有鉴于此… |
[10:30] | Given that… | 我知道了,走吧 |
[10:31] | I understand. let’s go. | 我知道了,走吧 |
[10:38] | So you’re just going to sit there? | 你会坐在那里 |
[10:39] | If you open your mouth It’ll be to say something nice? | 如果开口一定是说好话 |
[10:41] | Yes. | 是 |
[10:43] | Okay. | |
[10:44] | It’s sewn up, josh. | 这事已经搞定了,乔西 |
[10:45] | Whatever. | 不管情形如何 |
[10:46] | By 15 votes. | 我们多出十五票 |
[10:47] | Good morning. | 早安,你好 |
[10:48] | How are you? | |
[10:49] | So glad to see you. | 很高兴见到你们 谢谢你们来开会 |
[10:52] | C.j.: he is shocked and saddened | 他为同事的死亡感到震惊难过 |
[10:54] | By the death of his colleague. | |
[10:55] | For over 11 years, bernard dahl | 十一年来,达尔监督美国史上 |
[10:57] | Oversaw the largest economic expansion In the country’s history | 最大的经济扩张 |
[11:00] | And I can assure you he will be… | 我相信我们一定会对他… |
[11:02] | C.j.? | 茜洁… |
[11:03] | …missed. Katie? | 怀念不已,凯蒂 |
[11:04] | Is ron erlich the new fed chair? | 厄利克是新联准会主席吗? |
[11:06] | There are a number of good candidates. who’s on the short list? | 有数人是绝佳人选… 名单里有谁? |
[11:09] | I want to be clear: no such list exists. | 我要先澄清没有名单这回事 |
[11:11] | Obviously, from his post as the number two man at the federal reserve | 很明显的 厄利克既然是联准会副主席 |
[11:14] | Ron erlich is a candidate. | 他当然是人选之一 |
[11:15] | Sydney bloom? | 布伦呢 |
[11:16] | Sydney bloom is a candidate. | 布伦是人选之一 |
[11:18] | Lawrence ottenberg? Mr. Ottenberg | 奥登柏格呢 奥登柏格是人选之一 |
[11:19] | Is a candidate. | 茜洁,巴特勒夫人 |
[11:21] | C.j., mrs. Bartlet’s declared a preference for ron erlich. | 发表声明说她倾向支持厄利克 |
[11:23] | To what extent do you think that’s going to weigh in | 你认为这对总统有多大影响力 |
[11:25] | On the president’s decision? | |
[11:28] | I’m aware of no such declaration. | 我不清楚有此声明 |
[11:30] | It was a wire piece. | 有份通讯报导这样说 |
[11:32] | Unnamed people close to the first lady | 与第一夫人接近的匿名人士说 |
[11:33] | Are saying she hoped the president | 她希望总统在达尔任期结束时 |
[11:34] | Would appoint ron erlich when bernie dahl’s term expired. | 会任命厄利克接任 |
[11:38] | I don’t know who the unnamed people are But I suppose it’s possible | 我不清楚这些匿名人士是谁 |
[11:42] | That on a social occasion… Okay. | 但可能是在某个社交场合说的 |
[11:44] | C.j., when’s the president going | 茜洁,总统何时提名新主席? |
[11:46] | To name the new chairman? We’re hoping tomorrow. | 我们希望是明天 |
[11:48] | Why the delay? | 为何拖延? |
[11:51] | Respect. | 出于敬意 |
[11:55] | Get me a copy of the wire report. | 把那份通讯稿找来给我 已经在你桌上 |
[11:57] | It’s on your desk. | 我说敬意时是不是听起来很蠢 你表现得很好 |
[11:58] | Could I have sounded any stupider saying “Respect”? | 我说敬意时是不是听起来很蠢 |
[12:00] | You were fine. sam? | 你表现得很好 |
[12:02] | Yeah. I need you. | 山姆 我需要跟你谈谈 我要上健身房 |
[12:02] | I’m going to the gym. | 我需要跟你谈谈 我要上健身房 |
[12:04] | I’ve got a question about mrs. Bartlet | 我想问你有关巴特勒夫人 |
[12:05] | Stating a preference for ron erlich. | 说她偏好厄利克的事 |
[12:07] | Publicly? | 公开说的吗? |
[12:09] | It’s in a wire piece that’s on my desk. | 就在我桌上的通讯稿上 |
[12:11] | Ginger. | 金婕 |
[12:12] | Back to your office? | 放回办公室吗? 对 |
[12:13] | Yeah. thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:15] | Lilli: she was fantastic this morning | 她今早表现得好极了 |
[12:17] | And I can promise you that’s just the opening salvo. | 我向你保证,这才刚开始 |
[12:19] | The first lady is going to lead the charge | 第一夫人将带头向童工下战书 |
[12:21] | Against child labor. | |
[12:23] | There’s some index cards on patty’s desk. | 派蒂桌上有索引卡 |
[12:25] | I need them for the ride over. | 我需要用它们 |
[12:27] | Hi. | 她今晚上赖利金节目 |
[12:28] | Hi. | 然后到圣路易 |
[12:31] | Yeah, call me back later | 你等会儿再打回来 |
[12:32] | And I’ll give you ten minutes. | 我可以跟你谈十分钟 |
[12:34] | Did you see the rest | 看了访谈的其他部分吗? 没有 |
[12:35] | Of the interview? | 看了访谈的其他部分吗? |
[12:36] | I didn’t. | 没有 |
[12:37] | Jeffrey and his classmates raised enough money | 杰佛瑞和同学募足款项 |
[12:39] | For panshin and everyone In their village to get out of debt. | 让潘辛和村内所有人都还了债 |
[12:41] | Well, that solves that, then. | 这么说问题解决了 |
[12:43] | Abbey’s running with the ball. | 艾碧在控球,山姆 |
[12:44] | I want to make sure we’re the ones calling the plays. | 我只是要确定 乱军之中我们还握有主控权 |
[12:47] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题吗? |
[12:48] | C.j. Got a question | 茜洁对第一夫人 |
[12:50] | Regarding the first lady’s preference for erlich. | 偏好厄利克的事很困扰 |
[12:52] | Her preference is fairly well-known. | 我们早就知道她支持谁 山姆,我不认为… |
[12:54] | This time it was in a wire piece– | 这次是出现在通讯稿上 |
[12:55] | “Sources close to mrs. Bartlet.” | 由接近巴特勒夫人 的消息人士透露的 |
[12:58] | I don’t know anything about it. | 我不知道这事 |
[13:01] | It wasn’t you? | 不是你说的? |
[13:02] | I just said I didn’t know anything about it. | 我刚才说了我不知道这事 |
[13:05] | We’ll let you know when we want something leaked. you know that, right? | 我们要泄露消息时 一定会让你知道,你明白这点 |
[13:08] | Sam, I’m standing here and I’m telling you | 山姆,我站在这里告诉你 |
[13:10] | That I don’t know anything about it | 我不知道是怎么回事 |
[13:11] | And if c.j. Wants to come up here | 如果茜洁到这里骂我是骗子 |
[13:12] | And call me a liar… | 茜洁没到这里,是我来了 没人说你是骗子 |
[13:13] | C.j. Didn’t come up here. | 茜洁没到这里,是我来了 |
[13:15] | I did. No one’s calling you a liar. | 没人说你是骗子 |
[13:18] | We’ve got to find a way | 我们得设法 |
[13:19] | For our two staffs to work together better than this. | 让两边职员更能共事才行 |
[13:21] | No, we don’t. | 不对,我们得设法让你的职员 |
[13:22] | We need a way for your staff To work better with our staff. | 和我们的职员合作得更好 |
[13:25] | Well, that’s the spirit, sam. | 精神可嘉,山姆 听着… |
[13:27] | Look… | 我演讲要迟到了 莉莉… |
[13:28] | I’m late for a speech. | 我演讲要迟到了 |
[13:29] | Lilli…? | 莉莉… |
[13:36] | That was a nice bit of diplomacy | 我刚才的外交手法真高明 |
[13:38] | I just did there. I was good. | 我真行 |
[13:41] | I’m going to the gym now. | 我要上健身房了 |
[13:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:45] | Okay. | 很好 |
[13:52] | President: without regard to the validity of past arguments… | 抛开过去论点的正当性不谈… |
[13:55] | Leo: that the national debt | 国债太高 |
[13:56] | Was so high, it required us To suck up to the bond market? | 所以我们需要从债市弄点钱? |
[13:59] | Yes, and I’m saying that condition | 对,我是说那种状况已解除 |
[14:00] | Doesn’t exist anymore. Well, maybe so. | 或许真是如此 |
[14:02] | Historically, american prosperity | 美国经济繁荣建立在 |
[14:04] | Has been built on broad growth In the g.d.p of five percent or greater | 国内生产毛额成长5%以上 |
[14:08] | And now, with the deflationary pressures of the global economy | 现在因为全球经济 饱受通货紧缩压力 |
[14:12] | That kind of growth can be achieved | 我们可达成那项经济成长 |
[14:14] | Without the negative side effects of rampant inflation. | 但没有通货膨胀的不良副作用 |
[14:17] | Do you understand what I’m saying? | 你了解我说的话吗? |
[14:18] | C.j. Doesn’t understand a word of it. | 茜洁一句也听不懂 |
[14:20] | I understand the oeuvre. | 我知道内容,大概晓得背景 |
[14:23] | I get the basic mise-en-scene | |
[14:25] | Of what you’re saying. | |
[14:28] | I really don’t understand anything. | 我真的听不懂 |
[14:30] | My point is, ron erlich might not be the guy. | 我是说,可能不是厄利克 |
[14:33] | It’s not a mortal lock. | 事情还不一定 |
[14:34] | So let me suggest, Mr. President | 总统先生,容我建议 |
[14:35] | That I talk to the first lady | 或许我该和第一夫人谈谈 |
[14:37] | And ask her to clarify… no. | 请她澄清… 不好 |
[14:38] | That her position… no, no. | 她的立场是… 不好,不好 |
[14:39] | “My husband will choose the best man for the fed. | 外子会挑选最适任的人上台 无论是谁,我都支持 |
[14:42] | I support…” no… | 不,不,不 茜洁,我们不要操纵我太太 |
[14:43] | Sir… c.j. | 不,不,不 |
[14:44] | We don’t handle my wife. When we try, you know what happens | 茜洁,我们不要操纵我太太 |
[14:47] | At the other end of this building? | 你知道这样做 在房子的另一头会出什么事 |
[14:49] | Get a little punishment. | 你会受到小小的惩罚? |
[14:50] | I get a little punishment. | 我会受到小小的惩罚 |
[14:51] | Screw it. Let’s move on. It’s not a big deal. | 管它的,继续,没什么大不了 |
[14:53] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[14:54] | but, try to find out who those friends | 找出通讯稿中 |
[14:56] | Of my wife’s are in the wire piece | 我太太那些朋友是谁 |
[14:59] | Then take ’em out back and have ’em shot. | 然后把他们带到后面枪毙 我可以这样做吗? |
[15:01] | Can I do that? | 可以 里奥说可以 |
[15:02] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[15:03] | Yeah, leo says I can do that. | 里奥说可以 |
[15:04] | It’s going to be phyllis | 一定有菲莉丝 |
[15:05] | Who never liked me, and susan, who thinks | 她向来看我不顺眼 |
[15:07] | I’m xenophobic ’cause I don’t like mexican food. | 还有苏珊 我不爱吃墨西哥菜就说我仇外 |
[15:09] | These are my wife’s friends. | 这些都是我太太的朋友 总统先生 |
[15:11] | Mr. President. | 还有我们的旧邻居 赫伯和玛乔莉道格拉斯 |
[15:12] | Yes. Could be | 还有我们的旧邻居 |
[15:13] | Our old next-door neighbors Herb and marjorie douglas. | 赫伯和玛乔莉道格拉斯 |
[15:16] | They’re still angry at me ’cause | 我开车不小心撞上他们 |
[15:17] | I accidentally ran them over with my car. | 他们还怀恨在心 |
[15:19] | Zoey’s here. | 柔伊来了 |
[15:20] | Thank you, mrs. Landingham. | 谢谢,蓝丁汉太太 |
[15:22] | Anything else? | 还有事吗? |
[15:25] | No. | 没有 |
[15:26] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[15:27] | Thank you, c.j. | 谢谢,茜洁 |
[15:28] | I’ll tell you what else. | 我还要告诉你 |
[15:30] | Historically, 2 to 21/////2 percent g.d.p. Expansion | 2%到2.5%的经济扩张 |
[15:33] | Is classified as “Lackluster,” even “Anemic” Economic growth. | 会被看做是力道不足 或甚至是衰弱的经济成长 |
[15:37] | 41/////2 to 5 percent is needed | 必须要达到4.5%到5% |
[15:40] | Just to be considered “Robust” and not even “Spectacular.” | 才会被认为是强劲或相当可观 |
[15:43] | Sometimes i don’t even know what | 有时连我都听不懂你说的话 |
[15:45] | You’re talking about. Sometimes I’m just making it up. | 有时我只是瞎掰 |
[15:48] | Hello, sweetheart. | 老爸 甜心 |
[15:50] | You used to go to school in overalls, with a little hat. | 你以前都是穿着工作裤 戴顶小帽子上学 |
[15:53] | Yes, I used to be five. | 我以前才五岁 |
[15:55] | What’s up, zoey? | 你好吗,柔伊? |
[15:56] | Just keeping it real. | 只是感受一下真实 什么? |
[15:58] | Hmm? | 谁知道她说什么 |
[15:58] | Who the hell knows? | 谁知道她说什么 |
[16:00] | Anything else? no. | 还有别的事吗? 没了 |
[16:01] | Thank you, leo. thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[16:03] | What you got today? | 谢谢,里奥 今天上什么课? |
[16:04] | Got intro to cinema | 电影入门和十九世纪美国研究 |
[16:05] | And 19th century american studies. | |
[16:07] | What about math? | 数学呢?怎么没修数学? |
[16:08] | Why aren’t you taking math? ’cause I graduated high school. | 因为我已高中毕业 |
[16:10] | You can wise-ass all you want | 老爱卖弄聪明 |
[16:12] | But you’re coming of age in the 21st century | 但廿一世纪时你就是成年人了 |
[16:14] | A century in which, I promise you | 在廿一世纪 |
[16:15] | Mathematics is going to play a starring role. | 我向你保证,数学重要无比 |
[16:18] | On the other hand, I would definitely | 话说回来 |
[16:19] | Put my shoulder into intro to cinema. | 我也会好好学电影入门 |
[16:21] | Intro to cinema is what got me where I am today. | 懂电影入门让我有今天的成就 |
[16:24] | Did you call me over to make fun of me? | 你找我是为了取笑我吗? 那是我今天的大事 |
[16:27] | Was going to be a big part of my day. | 爸… |
[16:29] | Dad… | 我和巴特菲德等几名干员见面 |
[16:29] | I met with butterfield | 我和巴特菲德等几名干员见面 |
[16:31] | And some secret service agents this morning. | |
[16:32] | What did I do? | 我做了什么好事? |
[16:33] | You didn’t do anything. | 没有,他们认为你该修数学… |
[16:35] | They think you should be taking More math, but… dad… | 爸… |
[16:37] | It’s time for me to tell you | 我要告诉你有关信件的事 |
[16:39] | About some letters we’ve been getting. | |
[16:41] | Threats? | 恐吓信吗? |
[16:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:45] | They don’t like that the daughter of the president | 他们不喜欢 |
[16:47] | Is dating a young black man. | 总统女儿和黑人青年约会 |
[16:50] | Charlie? | 查理吗? |
[16:51] | Zoey, please don’t tell me you’re dating more than one guy. | 柔伊,难不成你和好多人约会 |
[16:54] | No. okay. | 没有 很好 |
[16:55] | What did…? | 因为你交往的这个 已让我很头痛 |
[16:56] | ’cause one guy for you | 因为你交往的这个 |
[16:58] | Is actually one more than I’m comfortable with. | 已让我很头痛 |
[17:00] | So you’ve said. | 你早就说过了 |
[17:01] | And I can see it’s had a real impact on you. | 我看得出你根本毫不在意 |
[17:03] | How bad are the letters? | 信的内容有多糟? |
[17:04] | No worse than anything else they intercept. | 不比其他的糟 |
[17:07] | Except these are from white supremacists? Yeah. | 除了写的人是白人至上主义者 |
[17:11] | Why did butterfield and the guys meet with me? | 巴特菲德他们为何来见我? |
[17:14] | Apparently there’s a national convention | 显然那些人准备 |
[17:16] | Of some sort in virginia | 在维吉尼亚举行全国会议 |
[17:19] | And it was in the papers yesterday that you and charlie | 昨天报纸报导你和查理周末 |
[17:21] | Are going to some… Club opening this weekend. | 打算参加某个俱乐部的开幕式 |
[17:24] | You want me to cancel? | 你要我取消? 你不必取消 但不能和查理一起去 |
[17:25] | You don’t have to cancel | 你不必取消 |
[17:26] | But you can’t bring charlie. | 但不能和查理一起去 |
[17:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:33] | You want me to tell him? | 要我来告诉他吗? |
[17:35] | We’re meeting for lunch. | 我们会一起吃午餐 |
[17:37] | I’ll tell him. | 我自己跟他说 |
[17:38] | You got to tell him the truth, zoey. | 你得实话实说,柔伊 |
[17:40] | Don’t make something up. | 不要编造假话 |
[17:41] | He’s not going to like it. | 他一定会不高兴 |
[17:43] | You sure you don’t want me to tell him? | 确定不要我来说? |
[17:47] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:50] | Mr. President? The assistant secretary of treasury. | 总统先生,副财政部长来了 |
[17:53] | Okay, you got to go. | 你得走了 |
[17:54] | Hey, I’m sorry about bernie dahl. | |
[17:56] | I never really knew him that well. | 我为达尔的死感到难过 我跟他从来都不很熟 |
[17:58] | Is ron erlich going to be the new fed chair? | 厄利克是新联准会主席吗? |
[18:00] | I don’t know. you want the job? | 不知道,你想要这份差事吗? 好哇 |
[18:01] | Yeah. can’t have it. | 不可能,知道为什么? 为什么? |
[18:02] | Know why? why? | 不可能,知道为什么? 为什么? |
[18:03] | No math. Good-bye. | 没修数学,再见 |
[18:10] | Josh, we’re democrats. | 乔西,我们是民主党员 |
[18:11] | Since when do we like lower taxes? | 我们何时变成主张降税了? |
[18:13] | Josh: we don’t. We like lower tariffs. | 我们没变 我们主张的是降低关税 |
[18:15] | Lower tariffs on everything | 降低所有关税,从印度纺织品 |
[18:17] | From indian textiles to german cars | 德国汽车到智利葡萄酒 |
[18:19] | To chilean wines, negotiated by our trade reps in geneva | 那是贸易谈判代表过去七年来 |
[18:22] | With 130 other countries over the past seven years. | 在日内瓦和 |
[18:25] | The global free trade markets access act | 130国谈判的结果 |
[18:27] | Is now on its third president | 全球自由贸易市场法 现在是由第三位总统经手 |
[18:29] | And we are very proud that it’s finally ready | 我们对它终于 |
[18:31] | To be voted on by the house. | 即将进入众院表决引以为傲 |
[18:32] | Where it will win, by the way, by some 15 votes. | 它一定过关 还有是以十五票之差通过 |
[18:35] | Thank you, toby. | 谢谢你,托比 |
[18:36] | Anyone eating that doughnut? | 甜甜圈有人吃吗? 都给你 |
[18:37] | All yours. Now, what happens | 降低成本有何结果? |
[18:39] | When you lower the cost of something? | 所有经济学家 |
[18:41] | Economists of every stripe, including the one | 包括在椭圆形办公室当家的 |
[18:45] | In the oval office will tell you you get | 那一位会说 |
[18:47] | A more efficient allocation of economic resources. | 这样能更加有效分配经济资源 |
[18:49] | Now, that may not sound like much to you and me | 这对你我听起来并不多 |
[18:51] | But to an economist, that’s a week in st. Barts. | 在经济学家看来,这可是 到圣巴特岛度假一周的开销 |
[18:53] | Josh, there’s no reason | 乔西 |
[18:54] | To talk to us like we’re 12. | 不用像是在对十二岁小孩说话 |
[18:56] | Josh, look, we’re very concerned | 乔西,我们十分关心 |
[18:57] | About the effect that the flow Of cheaper goods into this country | 廉价品流入美国 |
[19:01] | Will have on american labor And american manufacturing. | 对美国劳工和制造业的影响 |
[19:03] | We’re very concerned about the lack Of environmental controls. | 我们十分关切环保缺失的问题 |
[19:07] | Concerns which are entirely reasonable. | 这些完全是合理的关切 |
[19:09] | About american labor and manufacturing? | 你们关心 |
[19:11] | Yeah. | 美国的劳工和制造业? |
[19:12] | What kind of car do you drive? | 你开什么车? |
[19:14] | Toyota. | 丰田 |
[19:15] | Then shut up. | 那就免开尊口 你说什么? |
[19:17] | Excuse me. | 托比是说我们不常见面 这是很遗憾的事 |
[19:18] | What toby meant to say | 托比是说我们不常见面 |
[19:19] | Is that we don’t get to see you guys often And it’s a crying shame. | 这是很遗憾的事 |
[19:26] | Hey, everybody, sit tight. | 大家坐一下,我们才刚开始 |
[19:28] | We’re just getting started. Think about what you’d like for lunch. | 请大家想想午餐吃些什么 |
[19:31] | Also think about the fact that we won | 还有想清楚我们赢定了 |
[19:33] | And we’re still here courting your vote For reasons passing understanding. | 结果还在莫名其妙求你们支持 |
[19:36] | Get out here. | 走吧 |
[19:41] | This, right here– this is why you have | 这就是人家说 |
[19:43] | A reputation as a pain in the ass. | 你是麻烦人物的原因 |
[19:44] | I cultivated that reputation. | 我喜欢人家这样说我 |
[19:46] | Could I get you to try harder? | 可以请你再努力改进一点吗 |
[19:47] | Sure, ’cause right now, I’m not trying at all. | 可以,我现在是一点也没努力 |
[19:48] | Guys, I’m standing here. | 两位,我人在这里… |
[19:49] | I don’t know if you… | 什么事? |
[19:50] | Yeah. | 通讯社有份电稿 已请人去拿了 |
[19:51] | The wire has a piece. | 通讯社有份电稿 已请人去拿了 |
[19:52] | “Sources close to the first lady say she…” | 接近第一夫人的 消息人士说她… |
[19:54] | Ron erlich? yeah. | 厄利克? |
[19:55] | Who are the sources? | 哪些消息人士? 不知道,山姆找莉莉谈 她一问三不知 |
[19:56] | Sam spoke to lilli. | 不知道,山姆找莉莉谈 |
[19:57] | She doesn’t know anything about it. | 她一问三不知 |
[19:58] | Is it lilli? yeah. | 会是莉莉吗? 是 |
[20:00] | Mrs. Bartlet should slide | 巴特勒夫人应该发表声明 |
[20:01] | In a statement– back door. | 用不正当的手段 |
[20:02] | “Ron erlich is an old friend | 说厄利克固然是老友 但无论是谁她都会全力支持… |
[20:03] | But she supports whatever…” | 说厄利克固然是老友 但无论是谁她都会全力支持… |
[20:05] | Yeah, but she’s not going to | 但没人指点她就不会行动 |
[20:06] | Unless someone tells her to. | |
[20:07] | Well, that sounds an awful lot | 听起来是你的份内工作,茜洁 |
[20:08] | Like your job, c.j. | |
[20:09] | Yeah, but I was just in there | 我刚才在里面,总统先生 |
[20:11] | And the president doesn’t want me To handle the first lady. | 不要我处理第一夫人的事 |
[20:13] | Did he say it ’cause he didn’t want you to | 他说不要你处理 是他不希望你这样做 |
[20:16] | Or did he say it like, “Handle the first lady | 还是他是说,去找第一夫人 |
[20:17] | But I’m not the one who told you to”? | 但不要说是我授意 |
[20:19] | That’s what I don’t know. | 我搞不清楚 你要会听懂暗示 |
[20:20] | You got to learn the signs. | 我搞不清楚 你要会听懂暗示 |
[20:21] | I’ve got most of the signs. | 他的暗示我几乎都听得懂 这次你就没听懂 |
[20:22] | You don’t have that one. | 我正试着弄懂 山姆呢? |
[20:23] | I’m learning that one. | 我正试着弄懂 山姆呢? |
[20:24] | Where’s sam? | 到健身房去了 |
[20:25] | He went to the gym. | 到健身房去了 |
[20:26] | Page sam. Tell him to talk to lilli again. | 呼叫山姆 跟他说我要他再找莉莉谈谈 |
[20:27] | What if the president meant it? | 如果总统先生是认真的呢 |
[20:31] | We’re not handling mrs. Bartlet. | 我们不是去找巴特勒夫人 |
[20:32] | We’re talking to her staff. Just page sam. | 是去找她的职员,呼叫山姆 |
[20:35] | I know most of the signs. | 我听得懂大多数的暗示 |
[20:36] | Just go. | 去吧 |
[20:39] | So what would you have done | 如果那�砘锼邓�开美国车 你会怎么做 |
[20:40] | If the guy told you he drove an american car? | 如果那�砘锼邓�开美国车 你会怎么做 |
[20:42] | Find some other way of humiliating him. | 另找方法羞辱他 |
[20:45] | You like winning, don’t you? | 你喜欢赢,对不对? |
[20:46] | Saves you from having to say the word “Please.” | 省得还得跟人说“拜托” |
[20:48] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[20:50] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[21:01] | Ow. | |
[21:04] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[21:05] | Congresswoman. | |
[21:06] | Yes, I’m fine. | 女议员,我还好,谢谢 |
[21:08] | I heard the clang and the “Ow” | 我听到撞击声,接着一声惨叫 |
[21:10] | And I figured it must be sam seaborn. | 就猜一定是山姆希朋 |
[21:11] | I’m just trying | 我只是在锻炼身体 |
[21:12] | To get healthy. | 你的头没事吧? |
[21:13] | How’s your head? I’m fine. | 没问题 |
[21:14] | Listen, I actually came over here | 其实我来另有目的 |
[21:16] | For a different reason. | 我能帮什么忙? |
[21:17] | How can I help you? Um, can I talk to you over there for a second? | 到那边谈好吗? |
[21:29] | Congresswoman? | 女议员… |
[21:31] | Becky’s fine. Okay. | 叫我贝琪就可以 |
[21:33] | Where are you guys on the trade bill? | 贸易法案进行得如何? |
[21:34] | Josh and toby say we’re 15 votes up. | 乔西和托比说我们多出十五票 |
[21:36] | We’re meeting with some friends | 是吗? |
[21:37] | Of yours now to try and run up the score. | 我们正和你的几个友人见面 看能不能再拉高票数 |
[21:40] | Uh, I want you to know that I’m talking to you right now as a courtesy. | 我希望你知道 |
[21:43] | Okay. | 我找你是出自一片好意 |
[21:44] | There’s no obligation for me to come to you | 我没必要来找你 |
[21:47] | And my telling you this is not an invitation | 我来告诉你这事 |
[21:49] | For you to try to talk me out of it. | 不是要你说服我退出 |
[21:50] | That’s not why I’m doing it. | 这不是我的目的 |
[21:51] | Becky, tell me you’re not offering an amendment. | 贝琪 你不会是准备提修正案吧 |
[21:53] | Becky… I am. | 没错 贝琪… |
[21:55] | Child labor restrictions. | 童工限制 你不能这么做 |
[21:56] | The first lady blew the trumpet. | 是第一夫人吹的号角… 她没有 |
[21:57] | No, she didn’t. | 山姆,她在电视上这么做了 |
[21:58] | Sam, she did it on television | 山姆,她在电视上这么做了 |
[21:59] | And I can’t be left out of this. | 这是我的一贯主张 不能没有我的份 |
[22:01] | You’re not being left out. | 不会没你的份 |
[22:02] | I’m talking to you as a courtesy. | 我是好意相告,山姆 |
[22:04] | This is why we fast-tracked this | 所以我们才想要 快马加鞭,避免这种… |
[22:04] | To avoid just this… | 我是好意… 我知道 |
[22:06] | I’m talking to you as a courtesy. | 我是好意… 我知道 |
[22:08] | This will blow the vote out of the water. | 我是好意告知 你这是吹皱一池春水 |
[22:09] | Josh and toby have | 乔西和托比已数好人头 我们多出… |
[22:10] | A hard-nose count that puts us over… | 乔西和托比已数好人头 我们多出… |
[22:11] | I am talking to you as a courtesy, sam. | 我是好意告诉你,山姆 |
[22:13] | I’m introducing the amendment tonight. | 我准备今晚提出修正案 |
[22:15] | Josh and toby are just going To have to count again. | 乔西与托比得再重数人头 |
[22:19] | You should put some ice on that head. | 你的头需要冰敷 |
[22:28] | Danny: global free trade market access act– | 全球自由贸易市场法案 |
[22:31] | G.f.t.m.a.a. | |
[22:33] | Danny? | 丹尼 琼妮,我待会再打给你 |
[22:34] | Joanie, I’ll call you back. | 丹尼 琼妮,我待会再打给你 |
[22:35] | You don’t have to get off. no problem. | 你用不着挂电话 没关系 |
[22:37] | Take a walk with me. | 陪我走一段,我要出去 |
[22:38] | I’m on my way out. | |
[22:39] | Danny: say, leo | 里奥,股市开盘暴跌320点 |
[22:40] | I noticed the market opened 320 points down. | 里奥,股市开盘暴跌320点 |
[22:42] | We noticed that ourselves. | 我们也注意到了 后来开始反弹 |
[22:43] | It’s rebounding. yes. | 我们也注意到了 后来开始反弹 |
[22:44] | Not very fast. it’ll be fine. | 但反弹无力 不会有问题的 |
[22:45] | The president needs to name a new fed chair. he will. | 总统必须提名新联准会主席 他会的 |
[22:48] | I got a half year’s salary in technology stocks | 我拿了半年的薪水投资科技股 |
[22:50] | I had a hunch. is what I’m saying. | 我就知道 找我有事? |
[22:52] | The president was wondering what do you need? | 总统想知道 |
[22:53] | If you had a few minutes to spare at the end of the day. | 你下班前可否拨空去找他 |
[22:55] | Yeah. | 好 |
[22:58] | It’ll just be you. | 就你一个人 非正式,也不可以写成新闻 |
[22:59] | It’ll be informal and off the record. | 就你一个人 非正式,也不可以写成新闻 |
[23:01] | There’ll be a reception | 他五点钟要接待 |
[23:02] | At 5:00 for the michigan women’s democratic caucus. | 密西根州民主党妇女党团 |
[23:04] | He’ll step out for a few minutes. | 那时他可以离开几分钟… |
[23:06] | Hmm. | |
[23:07] | What? | 怎么了? |
[23:08] | Well, it sounds like… | 听起来像… |
[23:09] | Like the place will be lousy | 像会有一堆 |
[23:10] | With female democrats? | 嘈杂的女民主党员在场? |
[23:11] | Yeah. | 是 |
[23:12] | Yeah. | |
[23:13] | Okay. | 好 谢谢 |
[23:14] | Thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[23:16] | Hey. | 丹尼 |
[23:17] | How you doing? hello, daniel. | 丹尼 |
[23:19] | Okay. I don’t have time for you right now. | 你好吗? 我现在没空 |
[23:20] | Yeah? sam? | 山姆,我呼叫了你 |
[23:21] | I paged you. | |
[23:22] | Yeah. I got your page and then I hit my head | 我收到了 后来我撞到了头 |
[23:24] | And becky reeseman came over. | 贝琪李斯曼来找我 我得赶紧找乔西和托比 |
[23:25] | I got to talk to josh and toby. | 贝琪李斯曼来找我 我得赶紧找乔西和托比 |
[23:26] | I need you for a second first. what is it? | 我得先和你谈 什么事? |
[23:28] | I mentioned the wire piece to the president. what’d he say? | 我跟总统说了通讯报导的事 他怎么说 |
[23:30] | He said he didn’t want the first lady handled. | 他说不要找第一夫人 |
[23:33] | Did he mean it, or did he mean he wants you…? | 他是说真的还是他要你… 我不知道 |
[23:35] | I don’t know. c.j…. | 茜洁… 我搞不清楚他的意思 |
[23:36] | I don’t have that sign. | 茜洁… 我搞不清楚他的意思 |
[23:37] | You got to pick up the signs. | 你得知道所有暗示,茜洁 |
[23:38] | I have most all of them. | 大多数我都知道 |
[23:39] | This is an important one to learn. | 知道这个也很重要 |
[23:40] | Toby thinks if you talk to lilli mays again… | 托比认为你应再找莉莉谈… |
[23:43] | Clarification? | 澄清吗? |
[23:43] | Staffer to staffer, gently nudge her | 幕僚对幕僚谈 |
[23:45] | In that direction. | 只要稍加暗示就好 |
[23:46] | All right. Where are josh and toby? | 好,乔西和托比呢 |
[23:48] | Still in their meeting. | 还在开会 |
[23:49] | Got to learn the signs, c.j. | 你得学会分辨所有暗示 |
[23:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:53] | Congressman: can you deny that the fact that you can buy | 你能否认若买英国路华汽车 |
[23:56] | A british-made range rover Has hurt ford to some degree? | 多少都会对福特汽车造成伤害 |
[24:01] | No, but… | 我不否认,但是… |
[24:02] | I can. | 我否认 |
[24:02] | Toby… | 托比… 我否认 |
[24:03] | I can deny it. | 托比… 我否认 |
[24:04] | Range rover inspired ford to design the explorer | 路华越野车剌激 |
[24:06] | Which is the best-selling vehicle In its class | 福特设计出“探险家”越野车 |
[24:09] | And ford’s most successful model | 这是多年来福特最畅销的车型 |
[24:10] | In years. | |
[24:12] | Will you excuse us for a moment? | 恕我们失陪片刻 |
[24:14] | Are we keeping you from something important? | 我们是否妨碍两位办正事? |
[24:16] | Many, many things. | 很多很多事 |
[24:20] | I have to say, if there’s an improvement | 我得告诉你 |
[24:22] | In your attitude, it’s been marginal. | 你的态度没改善多少 |
[24:24] | We’re on hour four now, you understand. | 已经四小时了,你知道 |
[24:26] | Guys… yeah? | 两位… 什么事 |
[24:27] | I thought you were at the gym. | 我以为你在健身房 |
[24:28] | I was, and then becky reeseman came over to talk to me. | 我本来是 后来贝琪李斯曼来找我谈 |
[24:31] | She made it very clear it was just a courtesy. | 她说的很明白是出于一片善意 |
[24:33] | What’d she say? | 她说了什么? 她要附加… |
[24:34] | No… she’s attaching… | 她说了什么? 她要附加… |
[24:35] | She’s attaching a child labor amendment. | 她要附加童工修正案 |
[24:37] | To what? to this. | 附在那里? 这个法案 |
[24:38] | She can’t. she is. | 她不能这么做 她就是要 什么时候? 今晚 |
[24:39] | When? tonight. | 什么时候? 今晚 |
[24:40] | This is why we fast-tracked it. | 这是我们快马加鞭的原因 |
[24:42] | She’s on ways and means. ( groans ) | 她也正在设法中 |
[24:45] | She was serious? | 她来真的吗? 会不会她又在开玩笑? |
[24:46] | This wasn’t one of her funny jokes? | 她来真的吗? 会不会她又在开玩笑? |
[24:47] | She was inspired by the first lady. | 第一夫人给她的灵感 |
[24:49] | She thought this morning there were trumpets | 她认为今天上午已有人吹号 她不希望自己… |
[24:51] | And she doesn’t want to… | 有人吹喇叭吗? 是吹号,号角声响起 |
[24:52] | There were trumpets? | 有人吹喇叭吗? |
[24:53] | The trumpet called. the trumpets… Sounded? | 是吹号,号角声响起 |
[24:55] | What the hell goes on at that gym? | 在健身房到底发生了什么事? |
[24:57] | She thinks the train is leaving the station | 她认为列车已经启动 |
[24:59] | And she wants to be out front on this. | 她要打头阵 |
[25:00] | Somebody’s got to talk to mrs. Bartlet– | 有人得和巴特勒夫人谈谈 |
[25:02] | Tell her to get becky reeseman to back off. | 告诉她劝贝琪李斯曼罢手 |
[25:04] | What if she was doing this on abbey’s instructions? | 如果是艾碧授意的呢? |
[25:06] | I’ll talk to lilli mays. | 我要去找莉莉谈谈 |
[25:08] | I’m already going in on the ron erlich thing. | 我去 为了厄利克的事我正准备过去 |
[25:09] | If I’m going to take a hit, I might as well take two. | 挨一次骂和两次没什么两样 |
[25:12] | Impress upon her the following: | 跟她说明白 |
[25:13] | It’s taken seven years | 推动了七年法案才有今天 |
[25:15] | To get the bill this far. | 法案一定过关 |
[25:16] | It’s locked down. | 附加修正案,我就得回去 客客气气面对那些人 |
[25:17] | Add this amendment now | 附加修正案,我就得回去 |
[25:18] | I got go be nice to these people. Yeah. | 客客气气面对那些人 |
[25:21] | Bring this one home, sam. | 去搞定,山姆 |
[25:24] | ( sighs ) | |
[25:25] | After you. | 你先请 |
[25:26] | After you. Zoey: yeah, it’s called | 你先 |
[25:35] | when my grandmother was a child. | 我们二十分钟后回到校园 这本书是“奶奶儿提时” |
[25:37] | Charlie: leigh rutledge? | 雷伊鲁特雷奇? |
[25:38] | Yeah. | 我刚读到一篇评论 |
[25:38] | I just read a review. | 我刚读到一篇评论 |
[25:39] | It’s really great. | 它棒极了,开头第一句 |
[25:40] | Okay, it begins, “In the summer of 1900 | “1900年夏天 |
[25:43] | When my grandmother was a child…” | 奶奶是个小孩…” |
[25:44] | And I see you took notes. | 我看到你还做注记 知道为什么吗? |
[25:45] | You know why? | 因为你太兴奋了? 不是…对,没错 |
[25:46] | ’cause you’re totally anal? | 因为你太兴奋了? |
[25:48] | No. Well, yes, that’s it. | 不是…对,没错 |
[25:51] | “100 years ago, the average life expectancy | 一百年前 |
[25:54] | Of the united states was 47.” | 美国人的平均寿命是47岁 |
[25:55] | Only 14% of the homes | 只有14%的家庭有浴缸 |
[25:56] | In this country had a bathtub. | |
[25:57] | Eight percent had a telephone. | 8%的家庭有电话 |
[25:59] | More than 95% of all births took place at home. | 95%的人在家里出生 |
[26:02] | “90% of all physicians had no college education.” | 90%的医生没受过大学教育 |
[26:06] | This is a fun lunch, zoey. | 这顿饭吃得真有趣,柔伊 |
[26:07] | It’s a little time travel thing we’re doing. | 有点像是时光旅行 |
[26:10] | You really want some of my egg salad, don’t you? | 你很想吃我的蛋沙拉,对吗? |
[26:12] | I really do. | 没错 |
[26:18] | Do you have to get back to the office? | 你得回办公室了吗? |
[26:19] | I’ve got a few minutes. | 我还有一点时间 |
[26:22] | I took back the suit. I need to talk to you about friday night. | 我要和你谈星期五晚上的事 我已挑好衣服 |
[26:26] | I liked it, you didn’t– that’s okay. charlie… | 查理… |
[26:28] | I’m here for you, I dress for you. listen… | 我喜欢那套衣服,你不喜欢 没关系,我听你的,我可以换 |
[26:29] | I got a powder blue tuxedo with ruffles. | 我挑了浅灰蓝色晚礼服 有皱褶什么的 |
[26:31] | I’m kidding about the tuxedo. | 听我说 晚礼服我是开玩笑的 |
[26:32] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[26:35] | We can’t go friday night. | 星期五晚去不成了 |
[26:38] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[26:43] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[26:46] | Charlie, you’ve been getting death threats. | 查理,有人对你发出死亡威胁 |
[26:48] | From… | 是… |
[26:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:51] | ’cause of you? | 因为你吗? |
[26:53] | Because of me and you, yeah. | 因为我和你 |
[26:55] | There’s going to be some sort of a meeting Or convention this weekend | 他们计划在周末举行 |
[26:58] | And the secret service Just doesn’t think that it’s… | 会议或集会,特勤局认为… |
[27:01] | We tried to secure the place, charlie. | 我们试图加强那个地方的安全 但还是觉得不安 |
[27:02] | We don’t like it– too many dark corners Back-alley doorways… windows. | 太多暗处、后门、窗户 |
[27:05] | There’s a loft… a cellar. We can’t secure the west end of the street… | 还有阁楼、地下室… |
[27:08] | I don’t give a damn. | 我不在乎 |
[27:10] | Charlie… | 查理… 我不在乎 我买了新衣服,还是两套 |
[27:11] | I don’t give a damn. | 我不在乎 |
[27:12] | I bought a new suit. In fact, I’ve bought two now. | 我买了新衣服,还是两套 |
[27:15] | Charlie… | 查理,我们不能去 |
[27:16] | We can’t go. | |
[27:18] | Oh. | |
[27:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:25] | Hey, look, it says here that 100 years ago | 你看,书上说一百年前 |
[27:28] | A black guy couldn’t show up to a club opening | 有个黑人怕被杀 |
[27:30] | With a white girl | 所以不能和白人女孩 |
[27:31] | For fear he’d be killed. | 参加俱乐部开幕典礼 |
[27:40] | I have to go to the ladies room. | 我要去一下洗手间 |
[27:42] | Mm-hmm. | |
[27:44] | Bookbag’s up. | “书包”起身 |
[27:51] | You know If nothing else | 若我们之中有人不高兴 |
[27:54] | I think if either one of us is going to be pissed It really ought to be me. | 那人应该是我 |
[28:00] | You’re looking at the girl whose job it is | 我的工作是挡子弹 |
[28:02] | To jump in front of the bullet. I like it when she stays in her dorm and watches videos. | 我喜欢她待在房里看录影带 |
[28:10] | I got to go. | 我走了,告诉她我走了 |
[28:12] | Tell her I had to go? | |
[28:14] | Hey, come on. Tell her yourself. | 别这样,你自己跟她说 |
[28:16] | I’m back at the office. Hey, there. hi. | 我回办公室去 |
[28:25] | Is lilli in? she’s expecting me. | 莉莉在吗?她在等我 |
[28:27] | You can go on in. | 请直接进去 |
[28:35] | Hello, sam. | 山姆 |
[28:37] | Mrs. Bartlet. | 巴特勒夫人 |
[28:40] | Lilli tells me we have a problem. | 莉莉说我们之间有问题 |
[28:44] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的,夫人 |
[28:49] | It’s the tactics, sam, the strategizing. | 这是策略,山姆 巴特勒夫人… |
[28:51] | And I don’t understand, because we used to be very close | 策略运用,我真想不通 亏我们过去还那么熟 |
[28:55] | And now it seems to me I have a large and energetic staff | 现在好像我的幕僚的主要工作 |
[28:57] | Whose main function seems to be waging war with your staff. | 是和你的幕僚作战 |
[29:01] | Is that accurate? | 这样说对吗? |
[29:04] | No, ma’am, I don’t think it is. | 不对,夫人,我不认为如此 |
[29:06] | We’re thoroughly professional. | 我们都很专业 |
[29:08] | No, ma’am, I don’t think you are. | 不对,夫人,我不认为 |
[29:09] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? |
[29:11] | I like lilli mays. | 我喜欢莉莉 |
[29:12] | I think she’s top-notch. | 我当她是一流高手 |
[29:14] | You know that I do. | 你知道我真的这样想 |
[29:15] | You know it was hard for us to give her up. yes? | 我们不愿放弃她… |
[29:17] | But… I believe that you’re prone to amateur mistakes. | 但…我认为你犯了业余毛病 |
[29:24] | So. | 这么说 |
[29:25] | My staff is professional– Just not me. | 我的幕僚很专业,但我不是 |
[29:28] | Mrs. Bartlet, you can’t go on national television | 巴特勒夫人,你不能一时兴起 |
[29:30] | And decide to have that kid sit next to you on a whim. | 就找个小孩坐在旁边 |
[29:32] | You got to vet this stuff through my office. | 上全国电视节目 你得先知会我的办公室 |
[29:34] | What was the problem with the interview? | 访谈有什么不对吗? |
[29:36] | There was no problem with the interview | 访谈没问题,只是看起来 |
[29:38] | Except it looked like you discovered | 像是有个14岁小孩告诉你 |
[29:39] | A child labor problem | 你今早才发现有童工问题 |
[29:40] | ’cause a 14-year-old told you about it. | 你今早才发现有童工问题 |
[29:42] | I do not believe that is true. | 我不相信会这样 |
[29:44] | And I do not believe exercise | 我也不信运动会让我更健康 |
[29:45] | Is going to make me healthier | |
[29:47] | But I didn’t go to medical school– you did. | 但我没上过医学院,你上过 |
[29:49] | You say so, and I go to the gym. | 你说会,我就上健身房 |
[29:50] | Sam… | 山姆… 巴特勒夫人,我无意冒犯 但你得和贝琪李斯曼谈谈 |
[29:51] | I say this with all respect | 巴特勒夫人,我无意冒犯 |
[29:52] | You got to talk to becky reeseman | 但你得和贝琪李斯曼谈谈 |
[29:54] | And tell her not to offer that amendment. | 告诉她今晚不要提修正案 |
[29:56] | And so I will. | 我会 |
[29:57] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[29:58] | I said I will. | 我说我会去做 |
[30:03] | Okay. | |
[30:05] | Is there anything else? | 还有事吗? |
[30:09] | No, ma’am. | 没了,夫人 |
[30:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:14] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢,夫人 |
[30:29] | How you doing, mrs. Landingham? | 你好吗?蓝丁汉太太 |
[30:31] | Fine, thank you, danny. | 很好,谢谢,丹尼 |
[30:33] | You’re glancing over like you’re afraid | 你一直在瞄我 |
[30:34] | I’m going to steal something. | 好像怕我会偷你东西 |
[30:36] | No. I’m just not used to having members | 我只是不习惯有记者在这里 |
[30:37] | Of the print media in here. | |
[30:39] | I’ll try not to get ink | 我会小心不让墨水弄脏家具 |
[30:40] | On the furniture. | |
[30:41] | Aw, danny, I was just about to offer you a cookie. | 我正想问你要不要来块饼干 |
[30:44] | And now? | 现在呢? |
[30:45] | No. | 不了 |
[30:45] | Charlie, I’ll be back | 查理,我很快就回来 |
[30:47] | In a few minutes. | |
[30:47] | Good evening, mrs. Bartlet. | 晚安,巴特勒夫人 |
[30:50] | Good evening, ma’am. | 晚安,夫人 |
[30:51] | Hello. | |
[30:52] | Are you covering the event? | 你来采访新闻吗? |
[30:53] | The… Many women of michigan? | 那些…密西根妇女? |
[30:56] | Michigan women’s democratic caucus. | 密西根民主党妇女党团 |
[30:58] | Ah. | |
[30:59] | Yes. no, actually, ma’am I’m here to see the president. | 其实…夫人,我是来见总统 |
[31:02] | Really. Yes. | 真的? |
[31:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:14] | So, what’s up? | 有什么新鲜事吗? |
[31:15] | Not too much. | 没什么 |
[31:17] | So, you guys are going to the opening. | 我看报上说 你们星期五要参加开幕典礼 |
[31:18] | No. no? | 不去了 不去了? |
[31:19] | Security. | 安全问题 |
[31:20] | Is zoey bummed? | 柔伊生气了吗? |
[31:21] | Danny, you’re a good guy, but I say it here | 丹尼,你是好人 |
[31:23] | And ten million people read it tomorrow. | 但我一说 明天就有千万人在报上看见 |
[31:25] | Thanks for the boost in my circulation | 多谢你提高发行量 |
[31:26] | But I’m off the record up here. | 但我保证不见报 |
[31:29] | It’s not going to work. | 不会有结果的 什么不会有结果? |
[31:30] | What’s not going to work? | 你知道我的意思 你和柔伊吗? |
[31:31] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我的意思 |
[31:32] | You and zoey? | 你和柔伊吗? |
[31:33] | Yeah. why? | 为什么? |
[31:34] | Look, I do what I do, I go where I go. | 我的行动不想受人限制 |
[31:36] | If it’s a problem for the secret service I’m black | 若因我是黑人而困扰特勤局 那也没办法 |
[31:38] | Then that’s the way it is, but no candy and flowers, know what I’m saying? | 但她不能期待我去讨好她 你知道我的意思吗 |
[31:42] | I don’t think the problem is you’re black. | 我知道,但我不认为问题出在 |
[31:43] | The problem is you’re stupid. | 你是黑人,而在于你很蠢 |
[31:45] | Well, thanks, danny, you picked me right up. | 谢了,丹尼,你真会替人打气 |
[31:47] | You bet. | 那当然 |
[31:49] | The hardy boys in these letters | 听着… |
[31:50] | They’re talking about– | 写信的这些小鬼可能有重枪械 |
[31:51] | They may be heavily armed But I wouldn’t bet on their marksmanship. | 但我怀疑他们射得准 |
[31:54] | One day they’re going to miss her and hit me. | 说不定哪天 他们没打中她而击中我 |
[31:57] | 2,000 marriage proposals, 2,000 death threats | 两千个求婚,两千个死亡恐吓 |
[32:00] | A dozen bodyguards. Everyone wants to get close. | 12名保镖,人人都想靠近她 |
[32:02] | Everyone wants a thing. | 人人都想要点什么,另外… |
[32:04] | Plus, and I say this standing 15 feet away from the oval office | 我站在离椭圆形办公室 15尺的地方说话 |
[32:07] | Life with father couldn’t have been | 和总统父亲一起生活 |
[32:09] | A real company picnic, you know. | 可不是什么公司野餐 |
[32:12] | If it was me, just for now | 换做是我,此时… |
[32:14] | I’d make sure I was the one guy in her life | 我会让自己成为她生活中 |
[32:16] | Who was totally hassle-free. | 完全不对她造成困扰的人 |
[32:19] | That’s just me. | 这只是我个人的浅见 |
[32:24] | Danny. | 丹尼 |
[32:25] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[32:31] | Please. | 请坐 |
[32:36] | Hey, danny. | 丹尼 |
[32:37] | Good evening, leo. | 晚安,里奥 |
[32:39] | Yes. | 请 |
[32:41] | I’d just like to say | 我要先声明 |
[32:43] | Right off the bat, that I strongly urged the president Not to have this conversation. | 我强烈建议总统不要和你见面 |
[32:48] | So I’m just a guy sitting here. | 所以我只是坐在这里 你们别管我 |
[32:50] | We’ll note with surprise your lack of conviction, leo. | 我们会惊讶的注意到 你毫无说服力,里奥 |
[32:52] | Note it well, sir. | 我知道,先生 |
[33:02] | I miss our late- night talks, danny. | 我很怀念我们的深夜畅谈 |
[33:04] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[33:05] | Out there on the campaign trail. | 在竞选的路途上 |
[33:07] | Ames, iowa | 艾默斯、爱荷华、土萨 |
[33:08] | Tulsa, skokie, center city Tallahassee | 史科基、中心市、塔市 |
[33:12] | Albany, san antonio | 厄巴尼、圣安东尼奥 杰斯柏、怀俄明 |
[33:14] | Jasper, wyoming. | 是的,先生 |
[33:15] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[33:17] | We got very close. | 那时我们很亲近 |
[33:18] | I’m flattered by that, sir. | 很荣幸,先生 |
[33:20] | You covered the first lady as well. | 你还采访了第一夫人 |
[33:22] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[33:23] | You literally wrote the book on my wife. | 你还写了有关我太太的书 |
[33:25] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[33:26] | Once again I want to emphasize | 我要再次强调 |
[33:28] | The strong personal bond we built on the campaign trail. | 我们在竞选途中建立的交情 |
[33:31] | Oh, for god’s sake. | 老天爷… |
[33:32] | Did you call me in to ask | 总统先生,你找我是想问我 |
[33:34] | If I knew who the sources | 是否知道 |
[33:35] | Were close to the first lady? | 第一夫人的消息人士是谁吗? |
[33:36] | I was… Going to… In | 我正想以恰当,有礼貌… |
[33:38] | A… Proper, gentlemanly… Even byzantine. | 甚至工于心计的方式 |
[33:42] | Way… | 不…不,先生 |
[33:44] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, sir. danny… | |
[33:46] | You must save me from having this conversation with my wife. | 省得我去找我太太谈 总统先生… |
[33:49] | Mr. President… | 如果非谈不可 至少让我有备而去 |
[33:50] | Or at least see to it | 如果非谈不可 |
[33:51] | I’m better armed when I inevitably do. | 至少让我有备而去 |
[33:53] | I’m sorry. danny. | 很抱歉,总统先生 丹尼… |
[33:54] | I’d be revealing | 我等于是泄露他人的消息人士 |
[33:55] | Someone else’s source. | |
[33:56] | Off the record. | 我们绝不公开 |
[33:57] | Also, I’d get in trouble | 第一夫人会找我麻烦 |
[33:58] | With the first lady. | 我也一样,丹尼 我们同病相怜 |
[33:59] | Welcome to the club, danny. | 我也一样,丹尼 |
[34:00] | We had some jackets made. | 我们同病相怜 |
[34:03] | Let him go. | 放他一马 |
[34:08] | Albany | 厄巴尼、土萨、威奇塔 |
[34:09] | Tulsa, wichita. | |
[34:11] | I’m not getting a personal bond here, danny. | 我没感受到我们两人的交情 |
[34:13] | Sir, if it makes you feel any better | 若能让你觉得好过些 |
[34:15] | I just gave some very sage dating advice to charlie young. | 我刚给了查理睿智的约会建议 |
[34:19] | You’re coaching my personal aide | 你教我的助理如何追我女儿 |
[34:20] | On how best to score with my daughter. Yes, danny, that does make me feel better. | 没错,我感觉好多了 |
[34:25] | Well, anything I can do to help, sir. | 还有什么我能帮忙的,先生 |
[34:27] | Go away. thank you, Mr. President. | 你走吧 谢谢,总统先生 |
[34:30] | Thanks, danny. | 谢谢,丹尼 |
[34:36] | It’s an interesting book. | 那本书真有意思 |
[34:37] | The hundred years ago thing? | 一百年前生活的那本吗? |
[34:39] | Some medical authorities warned That professional seamstresses | 医药当局警告说专业女裁缝 |
[34:41] | Were apt to become sexually aroused By the steady rhythm of the foot pedals. | 容易因踏板的律动而性兴奋 |
[34:45] | They recommended slipping bromide | 因此建议在饮用水 |
[34:47] | Which was thought to diminish sexual desire Into a woman’s drinking water. | 添加溴化物,降低妇女性欲 |
[34:50] | Why would anyone want to diminish | 怎会有人想降低妇女性欲? |
[34:52] | A woman’s sexual desire? We can get out of hand. | 因为我们可能失控 |
[34:56] | Here we go. | 她来了 |
[35:02] | Excuse me. | 对不起,晚安 |
[35:04] | Would you mind if I had a word With congresswoman reeseman for a moment? | 我能和李斯曼议员说句话吗? |
[35:06] | Oh, sure. | 当然,我待会再来找你 |
[35:07] | I’ll find you in a minute. | |
[35:09] | Okay. | |
[35:10] | That’s a beautiful suit. | 你的套装很好看 |
[35:11] | Becky. | 贝琪,你打算不告诉我 |
[35:13] | Did you decide to run for the senate and not tell me? | 你要竞选参议员吗? |
[35:16] | Abbey… | 艾碧… |
[35:18] | ’cause you know that jed and I will be there | 你知道只要你需要 |
[35:19] | With anything you need. | 我和杰德都会全力帮忙 |
[35:21] | I know that the amendment comes | 我知道修正案提得突然 但是… |
[35:23] | As a bit of a surprise, but… | 我知道修正案提得突然 但是… |
[35:24] | Your child labor amendment | 童工修正案 |
[35:26] | Is a poison pill that will kill the g.f.t.m.a.a. | 它会扼杀全球自由贸易法案 |
[35:29] | In the following way: the republican leadership | 共和党领导阶层 |
[35:32] | Won’t allow their guys to wear the black hats | 不容许有害群之马 |
[35:34] | And they’ll be released from a party-line vote. | 结果是不让他们参与表决 |
[35:37] | This will surprise but not shock | 民主党高层见过这种事 |
[35:39] | The democratic leadership | 可能感到意外但不会震惊 |
[35:40] | Because they’ve seen it before. | 他们有把握让法案在众院通过 |
[35:42] | The vote will pass the house ’cause that’s how sure they are it’ll never pass the senate | 但绝对过不了参院那一关 |
[35:46] | And what’s more, you know it. | 结果如何,你知道的 |
[35:49] | It felt like the train | 但感觉列车已在启动,艾碧 列车离站时一定通知你 |
[35:50] | Was leaving the station, abbey. | 但感觉列车已在启动,艾碧 |
[35:52] | When the train is leaving the station, you’ll know that, too. | 列车离站时一定通知你 |
[35:55] | There is a senate seat opening up. | 参院有席次在等人补位 |
[35:56] | And I’m sure the president Will do what he can for you. | 我一定会告诉总统全力帮忙 |
[35:59] | I’ve heard that before, abbey. | 我听过这句老话,艾碧 |
[36:00] | We’re not on the back of steve’s boat now, becky. | 我们不是在史蒂夫的船上 |
[36:02] | Don’t barter with me here. | 不要在这里跟我讨价还价 |
[36:04] | I put this amendment back in my pocket because you asked me to | 如果我答应你收回修正案 |
[36:06] | I’m going to have problems of my own. | 我自己会有麻烦 |
[36:08] | How many people know? | 有多少人知道这事? |
[36:09] | You, steve, my staff. | 你、史蒂夫、我的职员 |
[36:10] | I’m sure, by now, the president’s staff. | 我相信现在总统的幕僚… |
[36:13] | Then you’re fine. | 那么不会有事 |
[36:14] | Oh, wait… Am I supposed | 慢着,对不起 |
[36:15] | To trust the president’s staff? | 我该相信总统幕僚吗? |
[36:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:19] | Are we done? | 这事结束了? |
[36:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:27] | President: the rhythm | 缝衣机踏板的节奏吗? 书上是这么说的 |
[36:29] | of the sewing machine pedals? | 缝衣机踏板的节奏吗? |
[36:30] | That what it says. | 书上是这么说的 |
[36:32] | Marijuana, heroin, morphine were all | “大麻、海洛因、吗啡 |
[36:34] | Available over the counter At drug stores. | 在药房都买得到” |
[36:37] | According to one pharmacist | 药剂师说海洛因可使皮肤白皙 |
[36:39] | “Heroin clears the complexion “Gives buoyancy to the mind, regulates the stomach and bowels | 心情开朗、健胃整肠 |
[36:45] | And is, in fact, a perfect guardian of health.” | 事实上,是完美的健康守护者 |
[36:48] | Now they tell me. | 我现在才知道 |
[36:50] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? 我要走了 |
[36:51] | I’m out of here. | 留下来 才怪 |
[36:52] | Stay. right. | 留下来 才怪 |
[36:53] | Chicken. | 胆小鬼 |
[36:54] | Yep. | |
[36:56] | Hello. | |
[36:57] | Hello. | 哈��,南瓜 |
[36:58] | Hello, pumpkin. | 哈��,南瓜 |
[36:59] | Abbey? | 艾碧… 哈��,橡皮水果糖 |
[37:00] | Hello, gumdrop. | 哈��,橡皮水果糖 |
[37:02] | Listen… | 听我说… |
[37:03] | Sam seaborn came to see | 山姆希朋来找我的幕僚长 |
[37:05] | My chief of staff today. In fact, he did it twice. | 事实上他去了两次 |
[37:07] | Well, your chief of staff | 你的幕僚长很迷人,或许他… |
[37:09] | Is a very attractive woman. Maybe he was, you know… | 杰德… |
[37:11] | Jed… | 艾碧,我明白的告诉茜洁… 那么茜洁会错意了 |
[37:12] | Abbey… | 艾碧,我明白的告诉茜洁… |
[37:13] | I told c.j. Specifically… Then c.j. Got the signal wrong. | 那么茜洁会错意了 |
[37:19] | No, she didn’t. | 她没有 |
[37:22] | What? | 什么? |
[37:24] | She didn’t get the signal wrong. | 她没会错意,我要她找个人去 |
[37:26] | I wanted her to send someone. | |
[37:28] | Are you telling me…? | 你是说… |
[37:29] | This wire thing is a problem for me. | 通讯稿让我很困扰 |
[37:31] | The kid on tv was a mistake | 让小孩上电视是一大错误 |
[37:33] | And the amendment | 贝琪李斯曼的修正案… |
[37:34] | From becky reeseman… I just killed it. | 我已将它摆平 |
[37:36] | Will bring down a trade bill | 可能让努力多年的法案泡汤 |
[37:37] | That’s been worked on for years. I said I just killed it. | 我说我已将它摆平了 |
[37:42] | Fine. | 很好 |
[37:43] | Jed, we share a bed. | 杰德,我们同床共枕 |
[37:45] | Why didn’t you | 为何你不直接跟我说… |
[37:46] | Just come to me? | 我把它交给茜洁处理 |
[37:46] | I staffed it out to c.j. | 我把它交给茜洁处理 |
[37:48] | You staffed it out. | 你把它交办出去? |
[37:50] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[37:51] | You don’t staff me out. | 你不可以把我交给手下处理 |
[37:52] | You don’t give c.j. Signals. | 你不可以暗示茜洁 |
[37:55] | You don’t send sam | 你不可以派遣山姆 |
[37:56] | And you don’t bring danny concanon up here. | 你不可以叫丹尼到这里来 |
[37:59] | Don’t handle me, jed. | 不准你找人解决我,杰德 |
[38:00] | Then don’t play me, abbey! | 那就不要耍我,艾碧 |
[38:01] | Don’t work me! | 不要企图影响我 |
[38:03] | Lot of people around here think it was lilli mays | 这里很多人认为 |
[38:06] | Who planted you have a preference for ron erlich. | 是莉莉陷害你说你偏爱厄利克 |
[38:08] | It wasn’t lilli mays. | 不是莉莉说的 |
[38:09] | I know it wasn’t. It was you. | 我知道不是莉莉,是你 |
[38:11] | Yes. yes. | 对…我很抱歉 |
[38:12] | Yes, and I’m sorry about that But I wanted ron to know that he had my support. | 但我希望厄利克知道我支持他 |
[38:15] | Well, you put me in a bit of a spot there, abigail. | 你让我很为难,艾碧 |
[38:18] | I name ron erlich now, which I was going to do anyway | 我现在就提名厄利克 反正早晚都会这样做 |
[38:21] | It looks like I’m taking instructions from my wife! | 但看起来像是我受了老婆指示 |
[38:23] | Still, it was wrong! | 但那样是错的 |
[38:26] | Are you talking about you or me? | 你说的是你还是我? |
[38:27] | I’m talking about you. | 我说的是你 |
[38:28] | I’m talking about you sending people to me | 是你派人来找我这件事 |
[38:30] | And I’ll tell you what else I’m talking about. | 还有一件事我要跟你说清楚 |
[38:32] | I’m talking about you waiting a day | 我要说的是 |
[38:33] | To name a new fed chair because 30 years ago | 你等一天才任命新联准会主席 |
[38:36] | The new fed chair was my boyfriend for six months. | 就因为三十年前 他曾当过我六个月的男友 |
[38:39] | I am talking about sending me messages through the press | 我要谈的是 你透过媒体放话给我 |
[38:42] | And staking out agendas on morning shows. | 在晨间节目大谈主张 |
[38:45] | We are not going to be these people, abbey. | 我们不是这种人,艾碧 |
[38:46] | I’m not going to do it. | 我不干这种事 |
[38:48] | I’ll walk up to the hill right now | 我现在就到国会山�P |
[38:49] | And I will give the speaker of the house my resignation. | 向众院议长请辞 |
[38:52] | The house isn’t in session. | 现在不是众院会期 |
[38:53] | Want to see me phone and put it in session?! | 你要我打电话请众院开议? |
[38:56] | Don’t raise your voice to me. | 不要对我大声吼 |
[38:57] | It was nine months, abbey, not six months | 是九个月,艾碧,不是六个月 |
[38:59] | And I waited a day on skippy | 我晚一天宣布 |
[39:01] | Because the fed chair | 是因联准会主席是要职 |
[39:03] | Is a fairly important position and I wanted to make damn sure | 我要十分确定我做对了决定 |
[39:05] | My decision was right! | 你早已做好决定 你怎么知道? |
[39:06] | You already decided. | 你早已做好决定 你怎么知道? |
[39:08] | How the hell do you know? | 你刚才说的 我现在就提名厄利克 |
[39:08] | You just said so. | 你刚才说的 我现在就提名厄利克 |
[39:10] | “I name ron erlich now, which I was going to do anyway | 反正早晚都会这样做 |
[39:12] | And it looks like I’m taking instructions from my wife!” | 但看起来像是我受了老婆指示 |
[39:17] | Yes. | 没错 |
[39:19] | Yes. | 没错? |
[39:21] | Yes. | 没错 |
[39:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:26] | So easy there with the high ground. | 你可以看得轻松点 |
[39:28] | On that point, I concede the high ground. | 我根本是完全让步 |
[39:32] | And I concede I was wrong about the thing. | 那么我承认我错了 |
[39:35] | Good. | 很好 |
[39:36] | However… | 但是… |
[39:37] | No, no however. just be wrong. | 不要但是,承认错误就好 |
[39:39] | Just stand there in your wrongness and be wrong. | 你只要认错,习惯认错就好 |
[39:41] | However… nine months. | 但是… 九个月,艾碧 |
[39:43] | however… | 但是… 怎么样? |
[39:44] | Yes? | 但是… 怎么样? 童工问题我还不能放过你 艾碧,拜托 |
[39:45] | I’m still going to kick your ass | 童工问题我还不能放过你 |
[39:46] | On child labor. Abbey, please. | 艾碧,拜托 |
[39:48] | Jed… | 杰德,若是我们的女儿 |
[39:50] | If it was one of our girls | 在那种工厂工作 |
[39:51] | In that factory, you’d send in the marines. | 你会派陆战队去攻打它 |
[39:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[40:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[40:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:12] | We just had our first oval office fight. | 这是我们第一次 在椭圆形办公室起争执 |
[40:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:28] | You talk to zoey today? | 今天和柔伊谈过话吗? |
[40:30] | She went back to her dorm. | 她回宿舍了 |
[40:32] | She and charlie had a fight | 她和查理吵架因为 |
[40:34] | Because the service doesn’t want them To show up at this thing together. | 特勤局不希望他们一起露面 |
[40:39] | Maybe she’ll be so traumatized | 她可能因此心理受重创 |
[40:41] | By this experience That she’ll never date another boy again. | 从此不再和男孩约会 |
[40:44] | Well, he left here a little while ago | 查理几分钟前离开这里 |
[40:47] | And I’d say that in about an hour | 我敢说大概一小时内 |
[40:49] | The lights will be off There’ll be a sock on the door knob and… | 灯就熄了,门把上挂着袜子… |
[40:52] | Don’t finish that sentence. | 别再说了,我的身体不太好 |
[40:53] | I’m a man of questionable health. | |
[40:55] | Okay. | |
[41:00] | Michigan women are waiting for me. | 密西根来的妇女还在等我 |
[41:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:51] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[41:53] | Yes? | 什么事? 我是来道歉的 |
[41:54] | I came to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[41:56] | You left me sitting in the restaurant. | 你丢下我一个人在餐厅里 |
[41:58] | I feel bad about that. | 我心里很过意不去 |
[42:00] | Are there other things you feel bad about, too? | 还有其他过意不去的事吗? |
[42:02] | Yes. | 有 |
[42:03] | Name them, please. | 说来听听 |
[42:05] | I… | 我…无法立即列出完整的清单 |
[42:07] | Off the top of my head | |
[42:08] | I wouldn’t be able to give you | |
[42:10] | A comprehensive list. | |
[42:11] | Just suffice it to say That anything I’ve done to upset you | 只要是我做的事让你生气 |
[42:14] | Even if it only exists In your kind of confused little mind | 甚至只是让你感到一点不悦 |
[42:17] | I really apologize for. | 我都向你道歉 |
[42:22] | What did you bring me? | 你带了什么来? |
[42:24] | I brought you flowers. | 我买了花 |
[42:25] | Oh, I can see that. | 我看见了,还有呢? |
[42:26] | What else? | 一本书 |
[42:27] | A book. introduction to | “高等三角学入门” |
[42:29] | Advanced trigonometry. Your father made me pick it up. | 你父亲坚持要我买的 |
[42:31] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[42:33] | Popcorn. | 爆米花 |
[42:34] | Why the popcorn? | 为何带爆米花? |
[42:35] | ’cause I brought videos. | 因为我买了录影带 |
[42:39] | Get in here. | 进来 |
[42:45] | Bookbag’s in for the night. | “书包”今晚不再出门 |