时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | previously on the west wing. | |
[00:05] | I came here with someone. | |
[00:08] | Al. | 艾尔 |
[00:09] | C.j.: have either of you heard anything About a piece of paper that’s going around? | 你们有没听说有份文件在流传 |
[00:13] | I know everything about it. what do you mean? | 我知道所有细节 什么意思? |
[00:15] | I wrote it. | 那文件是我写的 你知道那是什么吗? |
[00:16] | You know what it is? | 你知道那是什么吗? 为罗素做的一份策略备忘录 |
[00:17] | It’s a strategy memo. | 为罗素做的一份策略备忘录 做什么的策略? |
[00:18] | To do what? | 做什么的策略? 三年内打败我们 |
[00:19] | Beat us in three years. | 三年内打败我们 |
[00:20] | Who has it? | 你知道在谁手上? 在我手上 |
[00:21] | I do. | 我是个恢复中的酗酒和嗜药者 |
[00:22] | I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. Two seats opened up on the federal election commission? | 里奥,联选会有两个空缺 |
[00:28] | And the senate leadership will fill them. | 参议院党团会找递补人选 |
[00:30] | What if this time we say we want our guys? | 若这次我说要用我们的人呢? |
[00:32] | Embarrass us like this, and we will give the same back to you tenfold. | 你们为难我们 我们会十倍奉还 |
[00:37] | President: I get nervous around laws that fundamentally assume | “政治角力” 基本上认定美国人不可靠 |
[00:43] | That americans can’t be trusted. | 的法律让我觉得十分不安 “华府,喜来登饭店” |
[00:47] | We’d better have mandatory sentencing | 我们最好有强制刑期 |
[00:49] | Because judges can’t be trusted to disperse evenhanded justice. | 因为无法信任法官 |
[00:54] | ( applause ) | 做出的公正判决 |
[00:57] | We’d better have term limits | 我们最好有任期限制 |
[00:58] | ’cause voters can’t be trusted to recognize corruption. | 因为选民看不出贪污腐败 |
[01:02] | Oh, and by the way– I say, by the way | 对了,我顺便一提 |
[01:06] | When the playing field is leveled | 对决场上平坦无碍 |
[01:07] | And the process is fair and open | 过程公开公正 |
[01:09] | It turns out we have term limits. | 结果我们的确有任期限制 |
[01:12] | They’re called elections. ( cheering ) | 就叫做选举 |
[01:20] | And I tell you… I tell you I get nervous… | |
[01:22] | The president ate his wheaties this morning. | 总统早餐吃了麦片 |
[01:24] | As a matter of fact, the president had | 事实上 |
[01:25] | A bowl of oatmeal this morning. | 总统早上吃了整碗燕麦 |
[01:27] | He said it was something he’s always wanted to try. | 他说这是他早就想做的事 |
[01:31] | Or we won’t be able to prosper in the new economic… | |
[01:33] | Folks, listen up. in a moment or two | 各位,请注意 |
[01:35] | The president’s going to say something | 待会总统会宣布一件事 |
[01:36] | That’s sure to get you all shouting my name at once. | 肯定会让你们大喊我的名字 |
[01:40] | There’ll be a full briefing tonight at the white house. | 今晚在白宫,我会做详细说明 |
[01:43] | C.j., look… you don’t want to miss this. | 茜洁,听我说… 别错过总统要宣布的事 |
[01:47] | Excuse me. what’s going on? | 这是怎么回事? 今晚有什么大事? |
[01:49] | The president’s throwing his cap over the wall. | 总统要把帽子扔过围墙 |
[01:50] | What does that mean? you’re about to find out. | 这是什么意思? |
[01:53] | …and put american democracy on the auction block. | 你马上就会知道 |
[01:55] | My father was very fond of the analogy | 我父亲很喜欢一则爱尔兰寓言 |
[01:58] | Of the irish lads whose journey was blocked | 一群爱尔兰男孩在旅途中 |
[02:01] | By a brick wall, seemingly too high To scale. | 碰到一堵高不可攀的墙 |
[02:06] | Throwing their caps over the wall | 大家都把帽子扔过围墙 |
[02:08] | The lads had no choice but to follow. | 这群孩子也只好跟着做 |
[02:11] | How many times in the great history of our country | 在我国历史上有多少次 |
[02:14] | Have we come to a wall | 我们遇到高不可攀的围墙… |
[02:16] | Seemingly too high to scale | 有个选民在时代杂志看到 |
[02:17] | Only to throw our caps to the other side? | 我喜欢干邑,就送我这瓶酒 |
[02:20] | This was given to me by a constituent | 问题是这瓶是白兰地 |
[02:22] | Who read in time magazine that I like cognac. The problem is that this is brandy, not cognac. | 不是干邑 |
[02:28] | Anyone know the difference? | 有谁知道两者的差别吗? |
[02:30] | Cognac is supposed to come from the… | 参议员… 干邑应该是… |
[02:32] | Senator? …cognac region of france, that’s right. | 法国产的白兰地,没错 参议员 |
[02:35] | Steve, sit down with us, would you? | 史提,来跟我们一起聊 |
[02:37] | The man’s not going to say anything of interest. | 总统说的我们都没兴趣听 |
[02:40] | I think he is. | 那可不一定 |
[02:41] | What are you talking about? | 你这什么意思? |
[02:43] | Listen. | 明天… 注意听 |
[02:44] | Tomorrow morning, we’re going to begin to change | 明天上午我们将改变 |
[02:47] | The way elections are supervised in this country. | 我国的选举监督方式 |
[02:50] | He’s going to name two finance reformers to the f.e.c. | 他要提名两位赞成 财政改革的人选到联选会 |
[02:53] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么? 你听 |
[02:54] | Listen. you said it wasn’t going to happen. | 你说他不会这么做 我说错了 |
[02:57] | I was wrong. | 你说错了? 他要提名… |
[02:58] | Wrong? | 你说错了? |
[02:59] | He’s going to name… | 他要提名… |
[03:00] | Somebody? john bacon. | 约翰贝肯 |
[03:01] | John bacon and patty calhoun. | 约翰贝肯和派蒂卡洪 |
[03:03] | You told him they take on campaign finance reform | 你告诉过乔西 |
[03:06] | I roll out a legislative agenda that will make his boss | 只要他们找人改革选举财务 |
[03:09] | Sit down and cry? | 我就会祭出立法程序 让他们的大老板后悔莫及? |
[03:10] | I made it very clear. | 我说得非常清楚 |
[03:12] | Tomorrow, I am proud to nominate john branford bacon | 我很高兴提名约翰贝肯和 |
[03:15] | And patricia calhoun to the federal election commission. | 派蒂卡洪担任联选会职务 |
[03:20] | Get him on the phone. who? | 打电话给他 谁? |
[03:21] | Josh lyman. get him on the phone. | 乔西赖曼,打电话给他 |
[03:24] | I’m going to reach down his throat | 我要用冰淇淋杓 |
[03:26] | And take out his lungs with an ice-cream scoop. | 把他的肺挖出来 |
[03:29] | You’re about to get a call. yeah. | 你马上会接到一通电话 |
[03:31] | Big call. yeah. | 重要的电话 |
[03:33] | Powerful guy. yeah. | 权大势大的人打来的 |
[03:35] | I’m just saying you’re probably rocked back | 也许跟你上星期的会谈有关 |
[03:36] | From your meeting last week. | |
[03:38] | A little. | 没错 |
[03:39] | They threatened you with a legislative agenda. | 没错 他们以立法程序威胁你 |
[03:40] | Yeah. | 他们让你有无力感 |
[03:41] | They made you feel powerless | 他们让你有无力感 |
[03:43] | And you’re a little off your game. | |
[03:44] | Yeah. a little gun shy. | 让你提心吊胆 |
[03:46] | Leave him alone. | 别烦他 |
[03:46] | I’m bucking him up. | 别烦他 |
[03:48] | Leave him alone. | 我是在替他打气 别烦他 |
[03:49] | You asked me to buck him up. | 是你要我替他打气的 |
[03:50] | Now I’m telling you to leave him alone. | 现在我要你别烦他 |
[03:52] | Guys, I’m trying to watch this speech. | 各位,我想听总统的演讲 |
[03:54] | Josh– the call? | 乔西… |
[03:55] | On the cell. | 电话? |
[03:56] | The choice of nominees constitutionally belongs To the president of the united states | 行动电话 |
[03:59] | You need us, we’re right next to you. | 若你需要我们,我们就在这里 好 参议员,请带着你的立法程序 滚到一边去 显然我还不赖 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 “白宫风云” 茜洁…茜洁… 茜洁,白宫是否担心联选会 会成为党派角力的场地 |
[04:01] | Hi, senator. Why don’t you take your legislative agenda | |
[04:04] | And shove it up your ass. | |
[04:06] | ( cheering ) | |
[04:07] | Turns out I was fine. | |
[05:01] | Man: c.j., is the white house concerned | |
[05:03] | that the f.e.c. Will become a partisan political football? | |
[05:05] | I’d like to emphasize again that the president has nominated | 我要再次强调总统提名的人选 |
[05:09] | One democrat and one republican | 是民主党、共和党各一人 |
[05:11] | Which he was certainly under no legal obligation to do. | 其实并无法律规定他要这么做 |
[05:15] | ( all clamoring ) jessie. | 茜洁… 婕茜 |
[05:16] | In the past, the f.e.c. commissioners were chosen… | 过去联选会委员是由… |
[05:19] | In the past the f.e.c. Commissioners | 过去联选会委员 |
[05:20] | Have been chosen by the president signing off | 是由总统签字认可 |
[05:22] | On whomever the congressional leadership pointed to. | 任何国会领袖指定的人选 |
[05:24] | Was the congressional leadership aware in advance | 国会领袖事先知道总统会在 |
[05:26] | That the president would be slipping This announcement into his speech tonight? | 这次演讲中宣布这件事吗 |
[05:30] | I think it’s possible we forgot to tell them. | 有可能我们忘了通知他们 |
[05:33] | ( all clamoring ) | 茜洁… |
[05:35] | C.j., is the president | |
[05:36] | Declaring war on congress? say it’s a police action. | 总统是否在向国会宣战? |
[05:38] | The president is not empowered to declare war. | 说这是防卫行动 |
[05:40] | The president is empowered, in fact he’s obligated | 总统没有宣战的权力 |
[05:42] | To nominate federal agency directors. | 总统有权提名联邦机构主管 |
[05:45] | I call it more of a police action. | 我认为这应说是防卫行动 |
[05:47] | How about that. | 说得好 |
[05:50] | Toby wants you. | 托比找你 他来电话吗? |
[05:51] | On the phone? | 托比找你 他来电话吗? |
[05:51] | In his office. | 到他办公室去 你知道为什么吗? |
[05:53] | You know why? | 民调 |
[05:53] | Polling. | 民调 |
[05:55] | He’s bringing in al kiefer? | 他要把艾尔基佛找来? |
[05:56] | Let him tell you. | 让他自己告诉你 你为何不能告诉我 |
[05:57] | Why can’t you tell me? | 让他自己告诉你 你为何不能告诉我 |
[05:58] | ’cause you’re going to his office now | 因为你现在就要去他的办公室 |
[06:00] | And I’ve got 37 different things… | 而我有37件事要忙 |
[06:01] | Fine. josh? | 好吧 乔西 |
[06:04] | Yes, he’s bring in al kiefer. | 没错,他要找艾尔基佛来 |
[06:06] | I figured he was bringing in kiefer. | 这星期是民调周 我早就想到他会找艾尔基佛 |
[06:09] | That’s what you were afraid to tell me? | 好 |
[06:10] | I wasn’t afraid. | 这就是你害怕告诉我的事? 我没害怕 |
[06:12] | The thing is, it’s going to be interesting | 问题是 |
[06:14] | To see how you react to this | 他要找个加州专家一起来 |
[06:15] | But kiefer wants to bring in a california expert. | 我很想知道你会有何反应 |
[06:18] | That’s a good idea, ’cause… | 这是个好主意,因为…慢着 |
[06:19] | Wait. yeah. | |
[06:21] | Joey lucas. | 乔伊路卡斯 |
[06:22] | She’s coming out with kiefer tomorrow. | 她明天会跟艾尔基佛一起来 |
[06:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:25] | Okay. by the way | |
[06:27] | That’s what I was afraid to tell you. | 顺便告诉你 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[06:28] | You shouldn’t have been. You know why? | 这才是我害怕告诉你的事 你根本用不着怕 知道为什么吗? |
[06:29] | It’s no big deal. | 这没什么大不了? 这没什么大不了 |
[06:31] | It’s no big deal, and I’ll tell you what else. | 这没什么大不了? 这没什么大不了 |
[06:32] | You’re a pro? | 另外还有一个原因 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[06:34] | I am a pro, but that’s not what I was going to say. | 你是个行家? 我是个行家 但我想说的不是这个 |
[06:36] | What were you going to say? | 你要说的是什么? 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[06:37] | That’s what I was going to say. | 那是我想说的 |
[06:39] | But both those things are true– I’m a pro | 但那两个说法都对 我是个行家 |
[06:40] | And what was the other one? | 另外一个是什么? 导演:罗伯特贝林杰 |
[06:42] | It’s no big deal. | 这没什么大不了 没错 |
[06:42] | That’s right. | 这没什么大不了 没错 |
[06:44] | Rambo! you talking to me? | 英雄 你在跟我说话吗? |
[06:46] | Nice phone call. | 那通电话讲得好 |
[06:47] | That’s how we do things in new england, my friends. | 我们新英格兰人都这样 |
[06:49] | In indiana, we’re not allowed to talk like that. | 我们印地安那州不能这样 |
[06:51] | In new jersey, we encourage it. | 我们新泽西州鼓励这样 |
[06:53] | Where’s toby? | 托比呢 他们在山姆的办公室 |
[06:54] | In sam’s office. | 托比呢 |
[06:57] | Hey. | 他们在山姆的办公室 |
[06:58] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[07:01] | That’s good. | 这样好 |
[07:06] | Good. | 很好 |
[07:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:10] | Sam? | 山姆 什么? |
[07:10] | Yeah? | 山姆 什么? |
[07:12] | You’re going to come to a verb soon, right? | 你马上会用到动词,对吧 |
[07:14] | Okay. You know what this is called? | 你知道这叫什么? |
[07:15] | Bad writing? | 坏文章 |
[07:16] | Imagery. | 意象比喻 你写了马铃薯 |
[07:17] | Well, you say potato. | 意象比喻 你写了马铃薯 |
[07:19] | Josh, it’s a big polling week. | 乔西,这星期是民调周 |
[07:20] | I’m bringing in al kiefer. | 我找了艾尔基佛来 |
[07:21] | You’ve turned 180 degrees on kiefer. | 你对基佛的态度 有180度的转变 |
[07:24] | I don’t want him advising the president. | 我对他的态度一点都没变 |
[07:26] | I want him bringing us numbers. | 我不要他对总统提意见 我要他给我们数字 |
[07:27] | Advising people is what pollsters do. | 民调专家的工作就是提出意见 |
[07:29] | He’ll do what I tell him to do. | 我要他做什么,他就做什么 还有… |
[07:30] | English as the national language. | 英语为国语 |
[07:32] | It’s the first thing they’ll fire back with. | 这是他们反击的第一项武器 |
[07:34] | We need hispanics. | 我们需要西班牙人,你知道 |
[07:35] | You know what state has a large population Of hispanics? | 哪州有大量西班牙人口? |
[07:38] | Uh, I want to say maine. | 我想说缅因州但… |
[07:39] | California. | 加州 |
[07:40] | California. Damn. | 加州,我只差了十万八千里远 |
[07:41] | And I was only off by a continent. | |
[07:43] | Josh… | 乔西… 没问题,请她来吧 |
[07:44] | It’s fine. | 乔西… |
[07:45] | Bring her out here. | 没问题,请她来吧 |
[07:46] | She’ll be here tomorrow. | 她明天会来 |
[07:48] | This isn’t a thing. | 这不是问题 |
[07:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:51] | I met her twice, toby. | 好 我只见过她两次 |
[07:52] | Yeah, but one of those times she broke your heart. | 对,但其中一次她伤了你的心 |
[07:56] | You know, the way | 女人就是这样 她们偷了你的心 |
[07:57] | Women can do– | 女人就是这样 |
[07:58] | The way they take your heart | 她们偷了你的心 |
[08:00] | And they throw it on the floor | 扔在地板上,用高跟鞋去踩 |
[08:01] | And then they stomp on it with their big hig h-heels. | |
[08:04] | She’s a very beautiful | 她是个很美,很有意思的女人 |
[08:05] | And interesting woman, josh. | 她是个很美,很有意思的女人 |
[08:06] | I can see how a lot of guys would go for her. | 看得出来很多男人会为她倾心 |
[08:11] | You know, there’s nothing at all that I’m saying now of any value | 我现在说的话毫无价值 |
[08:14] | So I think the thing to do is | 所以我还是继续写作好了 |
[08:15] | I think I should just keep writing. | 所以我还是继续写作好了 |
[08:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:19] | ( clearing throat ) | 好 |
[08:23] | We had a good night. | 今晚我们总算出了一口气 |
[08:24] | Yeah. | |
[08:25] | C.j.’s doing great in there. | 茜洁的表现可圈可点 |
[08:34] | Anytime you want to use punctuation, that’d be fine. | 你该注意标点符号 |
[08:38] | Reporters: c.j.? | |
[08:39] | C.j.: I’ll take one more question. | 茜洁… |
[08:41] | Katie? | 我再回答一个问题,凯蒂 |
[08:42] | The federal election commission’s role | 联选会的角色 |
[08:44] | Has never been much more than symbolic. I wouldn’t say | 向来只具有象征意义… |
[08:47] | F.e.c.’s merely symbolic, but if you’re suggesting | 我不认为联选会只具象征意义 |
[08:49] | That they’re toothless, I’ll agree. | 但若你觉得他们只是聊备一格 我也同意 |
[08:51] | Does the white house feel that two new commissioners | 既然如此,白宫认为 |
[08:53] | Will make any difference? | 两名新委员会改变什么吗? |
[08:54] | No. then why do it? | 不会 那何必多此一举? |
[08:55] | Symbolism. | 象征意味 明天还有更多消息,晚安 |
[08:57] | There’ll be plenty more tomorrow. | 象征意味 |
[08:58] | Everybody, have a good night. | 明天还有更多消息,晚安 茜洁… |
[09:01] | Carol? ( clamoring ) | 卡洛 |
[09:03] | ( whispering ) | |
[09:07] | Jack, c.j.’s inviting you back | 杰克,茜洁有事请你到后面去 |
[09:09] | To follow up on a couple of things. | |
[09:11] | Me? | 我? |
[09:12] | Yeah. | |
[09:13] | She doesn’t want me. | 她要找的不是我,是丹尼 |
[09:14] | She’s wants danny. | 她要找的不是我,是丹尼 |
[09:16] | No, she asked for you. | 不,她要找你 |
[09:18] | Danny– the senior white house correspondent– | 丹尼是资深白宫记者 |
[09:21] | If there’s going to be an exclusive with the press secretary… | 他才该跟发言人私下会谈 |
[09:23] | No. She wants you. | 去,她找的是你 |
[09:38] | Sam: mandatory minimums are racist… | “星期二早晨” |
[09:39] | Toby: I understand that. | 最低刑期是种族歧视 我了解 |
[09:40] | They’re a red herring. | 是转移注意,混淆焦点 |
[09:41] | I understand that, too. | 我了解 |
[09:43] | It’s a way of looking like you’re tough on crime | 好像赞成严刑峻罚 |
[09:44] | Without assuming the burden of being tough on crime. | 却不须承受其负担 |
[09:46] | Everything you’ve said, I understand. | 你说的我都懂 |
[09:47] | We do things one thing at a time. | 但我在说… 我们做事一件一件来 |
[09:49] | But we don’t have time to do things one thing at a time. | 但我们没时间一件一件来 |
[09:51] | We’re talking about treatment. | 我说的是治疗 |
[09:52] | I’m talking about treatment. | 我说的是治疗 |
[09:53] | And I’m talking about mandatory minimums | 我说的是治疗和最低刑期 |
[09:54] | And I’m saying it’s a red herring | 我认为那是模糊焦点 是种族歧视 |
[09:56] | And I’m saying it’s racist. | 我认为那是模糊焦点 是种族歧视 |
[09:57] | When you talk to the president | 当你跟总统谈时 |
[09:58] | I want you talking about treatment versus enforcement | 我要你谈治疗 |
[10:02] | And I don’t want you to stray from that. | 谈治疗对抗强制执行 千万不要离题 |
[10:03] | Toby, is this what you meant when you said | 托比,你说 山姆,这事完全由你负责 |
[10:05] | “Sam, you’re completely in charge of this”? | 指的是就是这个吗? |
[10:06] | Yes. I meant you’re completely in charge of this | 是的,我说完全由你负责 |
[10:08] | In the sense that you are subordinate to me in every way. | 指的是你完全在我手下运作 |
[10:10] | Where is this place? | 那地方在哪里? |
[10:11] | What place? the breakfast place. | 什么地方? |
[10:13] | It’s still on the last street. | 吃早餐的地方 在前面一条街 |
[10:15] | Why didn’t you say anything? | 你怎么不早说 |
[10:16] | We were having a nice conversation. | 我们谈得正高兴 |
[10:23] | Mr. Mcgarry, would you like some tomato juice | 马加瑞先生,别人还没来 你要不要先来杯番茄汁 |
[10:25] | While you’re waiting for the others? | 谢谢 |
[10:26] | Thanks, celia. | |
[10:43] | All set there? | 都弄好了? |
[10:44] | Yeah. | |
[10:46] | Leo. | 里奥,我们不能找 离办公室近一点的地方吗 |
[10:47] | We couldn’t meet closer to the office? | 里奥,我们不能找 离办公室近一点的地方吗 |
[10:49] | I don’t want people coming by the table. | 我不想要别人来找我们 |
[10:51] | We couldn’t meet in the office? | 那就在办公室不行吗? |
[10:52] | I was hungry. | 我肚子饿 |
[10:54] | We couldn’t have food ordered? | 我们可以点外送食物… 坐下来好吗 |
[10:55] | Oh, sit down, would you? | 你们应该注意到 乔西穿了一套很好看的西装 |
[10:56] | You should notice | 你们应该注意到 乔西穿了一套很好看的西装 |
[10:57] | That josh has on a nice suit. | 唐娜… |
[10:58] | We’ll call it his joey lucas suit. | 我们就称之为乔伊路卡斯西装 |
[11:00] | Donna! you know, from now on. | 唐娜… 从现在开始 |
[11:02] | Joey lucas is coming? we need a california expert | 乔伊路卡斯要来? |
[11:03] | And this is my regular tuesday suit. | 我们需要一名加州专家 而且这是我平常的周二西装 |
[11:06] | You assign your clothes days of the week? | 你每天有固定西装? |
[11:08] | I’m saying there’s no particular m.o. Behind… | 我是说我没有特定的… 我们找到了 |
[11:11] | We found it. | 总算来了,坐下 |
[11:12] | About time. sit down. | 总算来了,坐下 |
[11:13] | Uh, leo… hang on. | 里奥… |
[11:15] | Talk to me about drugs. | 等一下 跟我谈毒品的事 |
[11:18] | We can make a case for treatment versus enforcement | 我们可以把 治疗与执法的细节定案 |
[11:20] | And we’re ready to go to the president. | 可以去见总统了 |
[11:22] | We’re also ready to go to the president | 我们也准备好针对快克 |
[11:23] | With mandatory minimums on crack | 与可卡因粉末的 |
[11:25] | Versus powder cocaine. | 最低刑期去见总统 |
[11:26] | One step at a time. | 一次一件慢慢来 |
[11:27] | That’s what toby just said. | 托比刚才也这么说 托比说得很对 |
[11:29] | Toby’s right. | 是的,有人记得我负责… 那只是名义上而已 |
[11:30] | Yes. Does anyone remember | 是的,有人记得我负责… |
[11:31] | That i was put in charge? It was an honorary thing, sam. | 那只是名义上而已 |
[11:34] | Leo. | 里奥 |
[11:36] | Yeah? | |
[11:37] | Are you ready to order? | 你们要点菜了吗? |
[11:39] | Write these names down. | 把这些名字写下来 |
[11:41] | Dalton… | 达顿、道森、佛斯渥西、格尔 |
[11:42] | Dawson… | |
[11:43] | Foxworthy, greer… | |
[11:46] | Morgenthau… Stackhouse… | 摩根松、史达豪 |
[11:49] | Sugarbaker. Thank you. | 修佳贝,谢谢 |
[11:52] | What was that? | 那是怎么回事? |
[11:54] | You know what that was. | 你心知肚明 |
[11:56] | Leo, what do you want me to do with these names? | 里奥 |
[11:59] | Hold on to them until I say so. | 你要我如何处置这些名字 先收好,等我通知 |
[12:00] | It’s exactly the right thing to do. | 这样的做法完全正确 |
[12:03] | From anybody but me. | 只有我不这么认为 |
[12:04] | I’d like to clear up | 我要澄清 |
[12:06] | That I don’t have suits for days of the week. | 我没有每天固定的西装 |
[12:10] | This is just a regular suit. | 这只是一套普通的西装 |
[12:12] | It’s a nice suit. | 很好看 |
[12:13] | Sure it’s a nice suit. | 当然好看 这是他的乔伊路卡斯… |
[12:14] | It’s his joey lucas suit. | 唐娜… 我开始后悔没点松饼 |
[12:15] | Donna! I’m beginning to regret | 唐娜… |
[12:16] | Not getting the waffles. | 我开始后悔没点松饼 |
[12:17] | I am beginning to regret | 我开始后悔雇用你们这些人 |
[12:19] | Having hired any of you. | |
[12:20] | We have a 42% job approval | 我们的民调支持度只有42% |
[12:22] | And you’re talking about waffles | 你们却在谈松饼和一件 |
[12:24] | And something with josh I don’t understand. | 跟乔西有关但我听不懂的事 |
[12:26] | He’s wearing a special suit for joey lucas. | 他特地为乔伊路卡斯 穿了这套西装 |
[12:29] | You got dressed up for a guy named joey? | 你为了一个叫乔伊的�砘� 特别打扮一番 |
[12:31] | Joey lucas is a woman | 乔伊路卡斯是个女的 |
[12:32] | And I’m not getting dressed up for her. | 我没有为她特别打扮 |
[12:34] | It’s his regular tuesday suit. | 这是他的普通星期二西装 |
[12:35] | My point is, we have to make it through the week | 我要说的是我们要熬过这星期 |
[12:38] | Without making any mistakes. | 不能出差错 |
[12:40] | We will. I’m saying… | 我们会的 我的意思是说这是… 我的意思是冷静下来 |
[12:41] | I’m saying, calm dawn. | 我的意思是说这是… 我的意思是冷静下来 |
[12:43] | I’m perfectly calm. | 我非常冷静 |
[12:44] | You’re not calm, leo. | 你不冷静,里奥 |
[12:45] | You’re acting like a nervous hooleelia. | 你紧张得像七上八下的吊桶 |
[12:48] | A what? | 像什么? |
[12:51] | It may not be a word. | 这是我妈从前常用的形容词 |
[12:53] | It may just be something my mother used to say. | |
[13:03] | Kiefer: it’s a huge mistake. | 这是天大的错误 艾尔… |
[13:05] | it is a huge mistake, mr. President | 这是天大的错误,总统先生 |
[13:06] | And possibly a fatal one. | 可能具有致命杀伤力 |
[13:07] | It’ll doom the midterms in november | 十一月的期中大选会因此惨败 |
[13:09] | It will haunt you at the convention | 会让你在 政党代表大会不得翻身 |
[13:11] | And, if you manage to get renominated– | 即使你再度获得提名 |
[13:14] | Which is far from a lock– | 这也还在未定之天 |
[13:15] | There’s no way you win reelection. | 你也无法连任成功 |
[13:17] | Al’s mr. Good news happy-guy. | 艾尔是先天下之忧而忧 |
[13:19] | Sam… For the first time | 山姆,头一次不认同总统 |
[13:22] | More voters disapprove than approve Of the president’s job performance. | 的选民高过认同的 |
[13:26] | 42% approval. | 42%的认同度 |
[13:27] | This is not the time to come out for legalization. | 现在不是要求合法化的时候 |
[13:30] | We’re not coming out for legalization. | 我们没要求合法化 |
[13:32] | It’s going to be a long day. | 今天一定很难熬 ��蒂… |
[13:34] | Kiefer’s just getting warmed up. | 基佛才刚开始暖身而已 |
[13:36] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[13:41] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑 |
[13:43] | No. | 没有 |
[13:44] | He doesn’t want me in there? | 他不要我进去? 里奥觉得不自在 |
[13:45] | Leo’s not comfortable with it. | 里奥觉得不自在? 对 |
[13:46] | Leo’s not comfortable with it? no. | 里奥觉得不自在? 对 |
[13:48] | I’ll talk to the president. | 我要跟总统说话 不行 |
[13:50] | You can’t. c.j…. | 茜洁… 不行 |
[13:51] | It was just a memo. | 那只是一份备忘录… |
[13:54] | It wasn’t just a memo. | 那不只是一份备忘录… 其实你们… 你不知道大家对你有多生气 |
[13:55] | Do you have any idea | 其实你们… |
[13:56] | How pissed people are at you? | 你不知道大家对你有多生气 |
[13:58] | C.j…. they’re pissed at me. | 茜洁… 他们气我 |
[13:59] | That’s how pissed they are at you. | 这就是他们气你的程度 |
[14:01] | They want to know why i didn’t know about the memo. | 他们想知道为何 我不知道有这份备忘录 |
[14:03] | I can be trusted. | 你们可以信得过我 |
[14:05] | We’ll see. | 我们走着瞧 |
[14:07] | There’s plenty for you to do. | |
[14:09] | Leo would feel more comfortable | 你可以做的事很多 |
[14:11] | If you stayed out of this meeting. | 你不参加这次会议 |
[14:13] | Okay. Okay! | 里奥会觉得比较舒服 好,好吧 |
[14:18] | You’re coming… drug control… | 你们要谈毒品控制… 总统先生… 听我说 |
[14:20] | Mr. President… listen to me. | 总统… 听山姆说 |
[14:21] | Drug control appropriations… | 毒品管制拨款经费… |
[14:24] | Which total $17.6 billion… | 总共176亿元 |
[14:25] | Are divided into a ratio of two-thirds | 依比例划分 |
[14:27] | Enforcement, one-third treatment. | 2/3用来执行,1/3治疗 |
[14:29] | We want to reverse that ratio. | 我们想把比例对调 |
[14:31] | Spend less money | 在执行毒品取缔上少花一点钱 |
[14:32] | On drug enforcement? | 才能多花一点用在治疗上 |
[14:33] | So we can spend more on treatment. | |
[14:35] | So you’re soft on crime. | 这么说你们对毒品采软性态度 |
[14:36] | You don’t care if kids shoot up | 艾尔… |
[14:37] | On the playground at recess. | 你们不在乎 学生下课时在操场施打毒品? |
[14:39] | We don’t care, do we, sam? | 我们不在乎,对吗?山姆 不在乎 |
[14:40] | What did I miss? | 我错过了什么 |
[14:41] | Kiefer’s been here 45 minutes. | 我错过了什么 |
[14:43] | He’s already got me on the playground at recess. | 基佛来了45分钟 他已让我下课到操场休息 |
[14:45] | Took you 45 minutes? | 那要45分钟? |
[14:47] | Toby: mr. President, sam and I have been working | 总统先生,山姆跟我和 |
[14:51] | With the office of national drug control policy. | 全国毒品管制政策局研究过 我们有一些数字,请你听一听 |
[14:53] | We have some numbers you should hear. | 说来听听 |
[14:55] | Let’s hear them. | 55624名联邦监狱囚犯… |
[14:59] | What’s up? | 什么事? |
[15:00] | Joey lucas is here. | 乔伊路卡斯来了 她在你的办公室里等你 |
[15:02] | She’s waiting in your office. | 好 |
[15:03] | Okay. okay. | |
[15:07] | What are you smiling at? | 你在笑什么? |
[15:08] | Fine-looking woman, josh. | 很漂亮的女人 |
[15:09] | Yes. | 是 |
[15:11] | I could help you out. | 我可以帮你的忙 |
[15:12] | Help me out with what? | 帮我什么忙? |
[15:13] | She’s a fine-looking woman. | 她是个很漂亮的女人 |
[15:14] | Stop saying that. | 别一直就这句话 我欠你很多,乔西 |
[15:15] | I owe you a lot, josh. | 我这份工作是你介绍的 我想回报你 |
[15:16] | You got me this job. | 我这份工作是你介绍的 我想回报你 |
[15:17] | I’d like to pay you back. | 所以你要帮我? 没错 |
[15:19] | By helping me out? by helping you out. | 你为何认为我需要你帮忙 |
[15:20] | What makes you think I need any help? | 她是个很漂亮的女人 |
[15:22] | She’s a fine-looking woman, josh. Get away from me. | 走开 |
[15:29] | Hey, joey. Hey, kenny. | 乔伊,肯尼,很高兴见到你们 |
[15:31] | Good to see you. | |
[15:32] | I’ve got your desk set up out here. Why don’t you come with me. | 我替你安置好办公桌了 |
[15:36] | Hey! Yeah? | 请跟我来 |
[15:39] | My flight was fine, thank you. | 我的旅程很平顺,谢谢 |
[15:40] | Joey, we’re in a bit of a mode here | 乔伊,这里是办公室 |
[15:42] | And I think it’s best if we just do business. | 最好只谈公事 |
[15:44] | Plus, this is the white house. | 再加上这里是白宫 |
[15:45] | I wouldn’t expect candy and flowers on your arrival. | 应不会有鲜花糖果欢迎你到来 |
[15:49] | Excuse me. | 对不起,乔伊 |
[15:50] | Joey, these are from leo mcgarry. | 这些花是里奥马加瑞送的 |
[15:51] | He says welcome | 他说欢迎你来 若需要什么,请告诉他 |
[15:52] | And let him know if there’s anything you need. | 他说欢迎你来 若需要什么,请告诉他 |
[15:55] | Oh, that’s so sweet. | 他真好,替我谢谢他 |
[15:57] | Thank him for me. | 我会的,你的旅途愉快吗? |
[15:58] | I will. have a good flight? Go back to your office. | 回你的办公室去 |
[16:03] | They’re carnations. | 这些是康乃馨 |
[16:04] | This is your desk. You got a phone. | 这是你的办公桌 |
[16:07] | You got a computer. You got access to a staff. | 你有电话、电脑和一名助理 |
[16:10] | I know how women like | 我知道女人都喜欢用 |
[16:10] | To personalize their desks With flowers, plants and hand lotion | 花草和护手乳液装饰办公桌 |
[16:13] | But I prefer the place to be professional. | 但我希望 |
[16:16] | Your staff likes to decorate their desks | 办公桌维持公事化的模样 |
[16:20] | With hand lotion? | 你们的职员喜欢 |
[16:21] | Some of them might | 用护手乳液装饰办公桌? |
[16:23] | And I’m saying we don’t do that on my side of the building. | 有些人可能会 |
[16:26] | I’m going to go back to this meeting | 但我们办公室没人这么做 |
[16:29] | And then I’ll brief you on what I need. | 我要回去开会 我待会告诉你我需要的资料 |
[16:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:33] | Okay. | |
[16:37] | I’m not sleeping with al kiefer anymore. | 我已经不跟艾尔基佛上床了 |
[16:43] | Come here. | 过来 |
[16:45] | Can I help you? | 有事吗? |
[16:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:47] | How? | 什么事? 过来就是了 |
[16:48] | By coming here. | 什么事? 过来就是了 |
[16:54] | This is a place where solemn work is done. | 这里是办正事的地方 |
[16:57] | This is a place that… This is a place… | 这里不是… |
[17:01] | Let me say this: this is not a place | 我这么说好了… |
[17:03] | Where one’s personal things… | 这里不是把私人的事情… |
[17:04] | Where things among people… | 这里不是… |
[17:06] | This is not place… let’s just… | 这里是办公的地方 |
[17:08] | This is a place where work is done And nothing else. | 不要谈私事 |
[17:11] | You bet. | 那当然 |
[17:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:15] | Nice suit. | 你的西装很好看 |
[17:18] | I’ll… I’ll be back. | 我待会再来 |
[17:20] | Josh, I misspoke last night. | 乔西 |
[17:22] | I said the president | 我昨晚说错话了,我说总统 |
[17:23] | Nominated a democrat and a republican | 提名一个民主党、一个共和党 |
[17:25] | Even though he was | 即使法律上 |
[17:27] | Under no legal obligation to do so. | 他无义务这么做,其实他有 |
[17:29] | It turns out he is. | 茜洁… 我知道 |
[17:30] | This is from the white house counsel? | 是白宫律师告诉你的? 对 |
[17:32] | Yeah. | 你确定? 关于什么 |
[17:33] | You’re sure? | 你确定? 关于什么 |
[17:34] | About what? | 你说他提名一个民主党 |
[17:35] | You said he nominated a democrat and a republican… | 一个共和党… |
[17:38] | Though he was under no legal obligation to do so. | 即使法律上他无义务这么做 |
[17:40] | I just looked at the transcript. | 对,我刚看了发言记录 |
[17:42] | All right, you’ll fix it at the briefing? | 好,你今天报告时会做修正? |
[17:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:47] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[17:57] | Sam: the american medical association | |
[17:59] | Says that addiction is a disease. | 美国医药学会说 毒瘾是一种疾病 |
[18:01] | Kiefer: you’re not going to be able to sell that. | 这种说法无法使人信服 艾尔… |
[18:03] | Al, you’re not going to be able to sell it. | 你无法说服民众 |
[18:05] | The a.m.a. Says it. | 这是医药学会说的 他何必去说服民众 |
[18:06] | Why does he have to sell it? | 因为… |
[18:07] | Because. Drug addiction is a disease. | 毒瘾是一种疾病 |
[18:10] | It’s a medical problem. It can be treated. | 是医学毛病,可以治疗 |
[18:12] | This isn’t ideological. | 这不是意识型态,是科学 |
[18:13] | It’s science. | 对你是科学 |
[18:14] | It’s science to you. Science is science to everybody, al. | 科学对任何人都科学,艾尔 |
[18:19] | What did I miss? | 我错过了什么? |
[18:21] | Toby was just explaining to al | 托比正在对艾尔解释 |
[18:22] | That science is science to everyone. | 科学对任何人都是科学 |
[18:24] | And i believe that science is science to everybody. | 我相信科学对任何人都是科学 |
[18:28] | I just don’t think you can sell that. | 我只是不相信你能使民众信服 |
[18:30] | Mr. President, while al tries | 对不起,总统先生 |
[18:31] | To come up with something easier to sell | 在艾尔想找出比科学 更容易让人信服的东西时 |
[18:34] | Than science | 我可以跟托比和里奥 说几句话吗? |
[18:34] | Would you mind if I spoke | 我可以跟托比和里奥 说几句话吗? |
[18:36] | To toby and leo alone? | 去吧 |
[18:37] | Go. | |
[18:43] | Hey, joey lucas says | |
[18:45] | She’s not with kiefer anymore. | 乔伊路卡斯说她跟基佛分手了 |
[18:48] | That’s a load off our minds. | 我们真是松了一口气 |
[18:49] | Yeah. Uh… C.j. misspoke last night | 是啊,茜洁昨晚向记者简报时 |
[18:51] | During her briefing. She’ll fix it when she’s back in there. | 说错话,她今天会修正 |
[18:55] | What did she say? | 她说了什么? |
[18:56] | She said the president | ‘她说总统提名 |
[18:57] | Nominated a democrat and a republican | 一个民主党一个共和党’ |
[18:59] | When he was under no legal obligation to do so. | 即使法律上他无义务这么做 |
[19:01] | He is under a legal obligation. | 法律上,他必须这么做 她现在知道了 |
[19:03] | She knows that now. this is just the kind | 我们现在不能出这种笨差错 |
[19:05] | Of dumb mistake we don’t need right now. | |
[19:07] | She knows that, too. | 她现在也知道了 |
[19:10] | All right, what are you going to do? | 你现在要怎么办? |
[19:12] | How’s it going in there? | 里面进行得如何? |
[19:14] | Sam’s just starting. | 山姆才刚开始 |
[19:15] | Did you talk to him about | 你跟他谈那件事了吗? |
[19:17] | The thing yet? no. | 没有 |
[19:18] | Me? leo: yeah. Listen. | 跟我? |
[19:20] | Josh: we want you to go | 对,听着 |
[19:21] | To a meeting. | 我们要你去参加一个会谈 跟谁? |
[19:22] | With who? | 一位颇具声望的民主党众议员 支持竞选财务改革 |
[19:24] | A prominent house democrat | 一位颇具声望的民主党众议员 |
[19:25] | Who has a voice on campaign finance reform | 支持竞选财务改革 |
[19:27] | And if it was someone on the ethics committee | 若是道德操守委员会 的一员更好 |
[19:29] | That would be even better | 因为她能回答里奥的一些问题 |
[19:30] | Because then she could answer | 因为她能回答里奥的一些问题 |
[19:32] | Some of leo’s questions. | |
[19:34] | I used to be married | |
[19:35] | To someone who fits that description. | 我从前跟符合这些描述的人 有婚姻关系 |
[19:37] | I set up lunch for the two of you. | 我替你们两人安排了午餐会谈 |
[19:39] | You set me up on a date with my ex-wife? | 你替我和我前妻安排了约会? |
[19:42] | Yeah. Let her know that the president | 对,告诉她总统不会要求 |
[19:44] | Won’t ask the democrats to unilaterally drop soft money. | 民主党单方面放弃政治献金 |
[19:47] | Make that clear. | 跟她说清楚 |
[19:49] | Also take her temperature on the ethics thing. | 还要测试 |
[19:52] | Okay. | 道德操守委员会的态度 |
[19:57] | See you later. | 待会见 |
[20:01] | Leo? | 里奥… |
[20:02] | Hmm? | |
[20:03] | You had to send flowers? | 你非得送花不可吗? |
[20:04] | It’s a nice thing to do. | 表现一点人情味 |
[20:06] | Yeah, but I had this whole patter thing going, and then… | 没错,但我正板着脸 |
[20:11] | The hell with it. | 一本正经时…算了 |
[20:13] | Margaret? | 玛格 |
[20:14] | Yes? | 是 |
[20:16] | The list of names I gave you before? | 我给你的那个名单 |
[20:17] | Dalton, dawson, foxworthy, greer | 达顿、道森、佛斯渥西、格尔 |
[20:19] | Morgenthau, stackhouse, sugarbaker. | 摩根松、史达豪、修佳贝 |
[20:21] | You didn’t need to memorize them. | 没叫你背下来 |
[20:22] | Couldn’t help it. okay. | 我知道,但是… |
[20:23] | My mind works that way. | 我的头脑就是这样 |
[20:24] | Yes, call their offices. | 我的头脑就是这样 |
[20:26] | I want to see one representative apiece at 2:00. | 打电话到他们的办公室 请他们每人派一名代表 |
[20:28] | I want them as a group. | 两点钟过来,我要一起见他们 |
[20:29] | In the office? | 在办公室里? |
[20:30] | In the press briefing room. | 在简报室 |
[20:33] | Leo? yeah? | 里奥 |
[20:34] | What do those seven people have in common? | 这七个人有什么共同点? |
[20:36] | Don’t worry about it. | 你用不着操心 |
[20:55] | Hello. hello. | |
[20:56] | I see you’re all settled in. | 我看到你都安顿好了 是的 |
[20:58] | Uh, yes, yes. | 看起来不错 没有太多私人物品 |
[20:58] | Your area looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[21:00] | Not too many personal items. | 没有太多私人物品 |
[21:02] | Got your little clock– that’s fine. | 你放了一个小钟,这样可以 |
[21:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:04] | Here’s the story: | 谢谢 |
[21:06] | The president announced last night he’s naming | 事情是这样的,总统昨晚宣布 |
[21:08] | Two campaign finance reform-minded nominees to the f.e.c. | 他要提名两位主张财务改革 |
[21:10] | This will anger the republican leadership | 的人选到联选会任职 |
[21:12] | To the extent that they’ll retaliate. | 这会激怒共和党领导阶层 |
[21:14] | Retaliate how? They’ll introduce a series of bills | 他们想报复,如何报复呢? |
[21:16] | Designed to put the president | 他们会提出一连串法案 |
[21:18] | On the wrong side of public debates. | 设计让总统当舆论的反方 |
[21:20] | The first will be a law making english the national language. | 头一个上场的就是 以英语为国语法案 |
[21:23] | I already know this, josh. | 我已经知道了,从托比来电话 |
[21:25] | I’ve been working on it since toby called me. | 我就一直在研究 |
[21:28] | Joey… | 乔伊… |
[21:30] | ( alarm rings ) | |
[21:32] | Lunchtime. | 午餐时间 |
[21:42] | Over 30% of the entire federal prison population | 联邦监狱所有囚犯中超过三成 |
[21:45] | Are nonviolent, first-time offenders In jail for drug-related crimes. | 是无暴力犯罪的烟毒初犯者 |
[21:49] | Sam… | 山姆… |
[21:51] | At a cost, for those prisoners alone… sam… | 光这些犯人的花费 一天是两百万元 |
[21:53] | Of $2 million a day. | 总统先生 |
[21:55] | Mr. President, we can sell the public on the idea | 我们可以让民众相信 |
[21:57] | That two million bucks a day can be put to better use. | 每天两百万元 可以花在更有意义的地方 |
[22:00] | Not if it’s for treatment. | 花在治疗上可不行 |
[22:01] | Yes, if it’s for treatment. | 可以花在治疗上 |
[22:02] | Yes, if we can demonstrate That treatment is what prevents substance abuse. | 若我们能展现治疗能预防滥用 |
[22:06] | And yes, if you can get people to sit still long enough | 若你能让民众 |
[22:08] | To hear that argument, but it takes a lot less time | 耐心听完你们的理论 |
[22:10] | To hear “Just say no” | 但是直接说不 花不了多少时间 |
[22:12] | And “Anyone on the other side is soft on crime.” | 对方还会指责你们 对烟毒罪行态度软弱 |
[22:14] | The a.m.a…. | 美国医药学会… 我不能宣传… |
[22:15] | I can’t sell it! | 美国医药学会… 我不能宣传… |
[22:17] | He can’t sell science. | 他不能宣传科学 总统先生… |
[22:18] | Mr. President… I’m hungry | 我饿了,到目前为止 |
[22:19] | And nobody has convinced me of anything. | 没有人说服我任何事情 |
[22:21] | Let’s go eat lunch and meet back here in an hour. | 我们去吃午餐 一小时后回来继续谈 |
[22:25] | Thank you, sir. | 好的,先生 谢谢 |
[22:34] | How’s it going? | 山姆,进展如何? |
[22:36] | Uh, we’re in the early stages. | 我们还在初期阶段 |
[22:39] | Do you know what you want for lunch? | 你知道午餐要吃什么吗? |
[22:40] | That’s an interesting question. | 这个问题有意思 |
[22:41] | Sam… I could have turkey. | 山姆… 我可以吃火鸡 |
[22:43] | Sam… I could have fish. | 山姆… 我可以吃鱼 |
[22:44] | Would you like to look at the menus? | 你要不要看菜单? |
[22:46] | A nice piece of fish never hurt anybody, cathy. | 一片鱼排对任何人都有好处 |
[22:47] | Hey, sam. steve. | |
[22:49] | There was an o.m.b. Meeting downstairs. | 山姆 史提 |
[22:50] | I wanted to see you. | 我到楼下管理预算局开会 顺便上来找你 |
[22:52] | They said you were with the president, I should wait here. | 听说你在跟总统会谈 我就在这里等 是关于联选会提名人的事吗 |
[22:55] | Is this about the f.e.c. Nominees? | 你要找的不是我,是乔西 |
[22:57] | Look… you don’t want to see me, | 我想跟你谈 |
[22:58] | You want to see josh. | 联选会的事应该找乔西 |
[23:00] | Well, josh isn’t quite himself lately. | 乔西最近怪怪的 |
[23:02] | “Steve, take your legislative agenda | 史提… |
[23:03] | And shove it up your ass”? | 带着你的立法程序 滚到一边去 |
[23:05] | That sounds exactly like josh to me. | 乔西说话的口气就是这样 |
[23:08] | My boss is ready to set the building on fire… | 我的老板气得只差没来放火 |
[23:09] | Then your boss will be arrested | 你的老板会被逮捕 |
[23:11] | As I’m quite sure that’s against the law. | 我很确定放火是违法行为 |
[23:13] | Look, don’t mess with me, sam. I’m serious. | 别惹我,山姆,我是认真的 |
[23:15] | And I’m tired and this isn’t my thing– go see josh. | 我累了,这不是我的事 去找乔西 |
[23:17] | You going to eat? | 你要吃饭吗? 什么? |
[23:18] | What? lunch. You going to eat? | 午餐,你要吃吗? |
[23:20] | Yeah, but at my desk. I was just going to get a… | 要,但在我办公桌上吃 我正要叫外卖 |
[23:22] | What were you having? | 你要叫什么? |
[23:24] | Turkey. | 火鸡三明治 |
[23:25] | Get two. | 叫两份 |
[23:28] | It’s a beautiful day. | 今天天气真好 |
[23:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:32] | This is nice. it’s like a picnic. | 这样真好,像野餐一样 |
[23:34] | There are restaurants, you know. | 好好的餐厅你不去 |
[23:36] | Indoors, with waiters and tables. | 在室内,有侍者和餐桌那种 |
[23:38] | You should come sit next to me. | 你应该坐在我旁边 |
[23:42] | I’m wearing a suit. | 我穿了西装 |
[23:43] | So am i. | 我也是 |
[23:44] | I’m a responsible adult. | 我是个有行为能力的成人 |
[23:47] | I’m a member of the united states congress. | 我是美国国会议员 |
[23:49] | I rest my case. | 我不说了 |
[23:52] | You know what I got? | 你知道我带了什么来 什么? |
[23:54] | What? | 我带了派 安蒂… |
[23:55] | I got pie. | 我带了派 |
[23:56] | Andy… | 安蒂… |
[23:58] | Toby, I’ve got really good pie. | 托比,我带了很好吃的派 |
[24:01] | It’s homemade. | 是家里自己做的 |
[24:02] | You baked a pie? | 你烤了一个派? |
[24:05] | No, I didn’t mean I made it in my home. | 我的意思不是说 我自己在家做的 |
[24:07] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[24:11] | This pie was baked for me by one of my constituents. | 这个派是我的选民为我烤的 |
[24:14] | And you trust it? | 你觉得安全无虞? |
[24:16] | Well, that’s why I was hoping you’d eat it first. | 所以我才要你先吃 |
[24:17] | Andy? | 安蒂… |
[24:19] | Want to talk about the f.e.c.? | 你要谈联选会的事? |
[24:20] | President’s not going to ask anyone | 总统不会要求任何人 |
[24:22] | To give up soft money unilaterally. | 单方面放弃政治献金 |
[24:23] | You’re still going to hear from stadler and ross. | 你们还要听 史达勒和罗斯的意见? |
[24:26] | Yeah. probably mccovey, lester, brock. | 可能还有麦考威、李斯特 |
[24:27] | Probably klesko, trask… | 布洛克、克雷高、查斯克… |
[24:29] | Ritchie. yeah. | 雷奇 |
[24:31] | But we have your people in line? | 但其中有你们的人? |
[24:32] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:33] | What about drugs? | 毒品方面呢? 那是另外一回事 |
[24:34] | That’s a different story. | 毒品方面呢? 那是另外一回事 |
[24:35] | Andy… mandatory minimums are racist. | 安蒂… 最低刑期是种族歧视 |
[24:36] | One step at a time. | 安蒂… 最低刑期是种族歧视 |
[24:38] | It’s part of the same step. treatments. | 一步一步慢慢来 这是同一步 |
[24:40] | I’m saying mandatory minimums… I know what you’re saying. | 治疗… 我说的是… 我知道你说的是什么? |
[24:41] | I don’t want to talk about mandatory minimums. | 最低刑期… 我不想谈最低刑期 |
[24:43] | The sentencing commission’s proposals regarding cocaine | 判决委员会的建议… |
[24:45] | Recommend that relative to mandatory federal sentencing… | 关于可卡因,建议 联邦强制服刑的吸毒者… |
[24:47] | This is what happens. this is what you do. | 我说我不想谈最低刑期 |
[24:49] | I say I don’t want to talk about mandatory minimums And we talk about mandatory minimums anyway. | 结果我们还是在谈最低刑期 |
[24:53] | You hijack my ability to make that decision for myself, andrea | 你携持了我的能力 为我自己做决定的能力 |
[24:57] | And making decisions for myself is my birthright. | 为我自己做决定 这是我与生俱来的权利 |
[25:01] | Good to get that off your chest, there, pokey? | 很高兴终于说出口吧 |
[25:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:05] | Good. | 你对里奥的做法没有意见吧 |
[25:07] | You don’t have a problem with what leo’s going to do? No. But I want to be there. | 没有,但我要在场 |
[25:13] | Why? | 为什么? |
[25:14] | Just for fun. | 为了好玩 |
[25:16] | It’s not fun, andy. | 这不好玩,安蒂 |
[25:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[25:19] | It’s not fun. | 这不好玩 好 |
[25:21] | Okay. not everything’s fun. | 不是每件事都好玩 |
[25:22] | Okay! | 好嘛 |
[25:24] | You want to be there, you can be there | 若你想去,你可以去 |
[25:26] | But this is a serious thing. | 但这是件严肃的事 |
[25:30] | Can I bring my pie? | 我可以带我的派去吗? 安蒂… |
[25:30] | Andy… | 我可以带我的派去吗? 安蒂… |
[25:32] | I’m just saying it’s a serious thing. | 我也很严肃 |
[25:33] | There might not be any food there. | 那里可能没有食物 |
[25:34] | Can you walk faster, please? | 请你走快点好吗? |
[25:36] | I really don’t like being outdoors this long. | 我真的不喜欢在户外待这么久 |
[25:37] | The fact is, we’re probably | 事实上,我们可能必须 |
[25:38] | Going to have to confirm your nominees. yep. | 确认你们的被提名人 |
[25:40] | They’re too qualified. they’re too qualified? | 他们的资历太好 他们的资历太好? |
[25:42] | Too qualified not to confirm. that’s a problem. | 太好不能不确认 那问题大了 |
[25:45] | I’m saying there’s no political cover. | 我是说这没有政治因素 |
[25:46] | I understood what you were saying. | 我了解你的意思 |
[25:48] | So my question is… steve, the f.e.c. Nominees aren’t my thing. | 所以我的问题是… |
[25:51] | I’m not talking about the f.e.c. Now. | 联选会被提名人不是我的事 我现在谈的不是联选会 |
[25:53] | I’m talking about drugs. | 是毒品 |
[25:54] | You’re gearing up to announce new drug policy. | 你们正在准备宣布 新的毒品政策 |
[25:57] | We’ve been gearing up for 14 months. | 我们已经准备14个月了 |
[25:59] | Yeah, but now you’re taking daylong strategy sessions | 对,但你们正在椭圆形办公室 |
[26:01] | In the oval office. | 进行全天的策略会议 |
[26:03] | Drugs are obviously important to you. | 毒品显然对你们很重要 |
[26:05] | Important to everyone. | 对任何人都重要 |
[26:06] | I mean particularly to you. | 我是说对你尤其重要 |
[26:08] | You’ve been the point man at the white house. | 你是白宫的先头部队 |
[26:09] | So why do you want to trade it | 那你为何要拿它来交换 竞选财务议题 |
[26:10] | For a move on campaign finances? | 那你为何要拿它来交换 |
[26:12] | It’s not going to get you anywhere. | 竞选财务议题 这不会有结果的 |
[26:14] | It’s going to get me somewhere and I’m not trading it in. | 会有结果的 而且我没有要交换 |
[26:16] | You are. | 有 我们不想交换条件 |
[26:17] | We’re not bartering. | 有 |
[26:18] | I’m saying | 我们不想交换条件 |
[26:20] | Without the f.e.c. Nominations, there’s room to work with us. | 我是说没有提名联选会那件事 |
[26:23] | And with the nominations? | 你们会有较多空间 |
[26:24] | You can have all the strategy sessions you want. | 有那件事呢? |
[26:26] | No one you need’s going to take your phone call. | 你们尽可以开策略会议 |
[26:29] | And you, sam, can go back to writing speeches | 但没有人会接你们的电话 |
[26:30] | For when the president meets the girl scout | 当总统要接见卖出最多 |
[26:33] | Who sold the most cupcakes. | 小蛋糕的女童军时 |
[26:34] | ( knocking ) | 你可以继续替他写演讲稿 |
[26:37] | Sam? | 山姆 |
[26:39] | Cookies. | |
[26:40] | Huh? | 饼干 |
[26:42] | Girl scouts sell cookies, not cupcakes. | 女童军卖的是饼干 不是小蛋糕 |
[26:44] | And that was a pretty good speech I wrote. | 上次我写的那篇稿子很精采 |
[26:47] | It was about volunteerism. | 讲的是自动自发 |
[26:48] | Well, keep up the good work, sam! | 保持下去,山姆 |
[26:50] | I will. | 我会的 |
[26:54] | Leo? | 里奥 |
[26:56] | Yeah? I was just coming to see you. | 我正要去找你 我没空 |
[26:58] | I don’t have much time. your people are in the press briefing room. | 你找的人来了,他们在简报室 |
[27:00] | Carol’s keeping the press in the northwest lobby. | 卡洛请记者们在西北大厅等 她会等你的信号 |
[27:03] | She’ll wait for your high sign. | 我马上过去 |
[27:04] | I’ll be over in a minute. | 我马上过去 |
[27:06] | We’re telling anyone who asks why the press is out of there | 有人问为何记者要在那里等 我们都回答有特殊事件 |
[27:08] | That it’s a special event. | 很好 |
[27:09] | Good. | 里奥,我不知你听说没有… |
[27:11] | Leo, I don’t know if you heard… Yeah, I did hear, c.j. | 我听说了 |
[27:13] | You want me to tell you how many different ways | 我真想痛骂你一顿 |
[27:16] | That screwup was stupid? | 居然会犯这么愚蠢的错误 |
[27:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:19] | For one thing, don’t pass yourself off as a legal authority. | 第一别以为自己是法律专家 |
[27:21] | For another, what the hell are you doing using a phrase like | ‘第二没事为何要用 |
[27:24] | “Under no legal obligation”? | 法律上无义务这样的词句’ |
[27:25] | You’re parsing your words at a time when the whole idea… | 在这种时候你说出这种话来 我知道 |
[27:28] | I know. so right out the gate, we got to go back… | 我们还必须在事后更正 是的 |
[27:30] | Yes. these amateur mistakes make me crazy, c.j. | 这种外行错误让我抓狂 是的 |
[27:33] | Yes. I’ll be in there in a minute. | 我马上过去 |
[27:34] | Danny: that was bush league. That was bush league what you did last night. | 你的表现真是外行 |
[27:40] | We’ll talk in my office. and why can’t anyone go in the press room? | 你昨晚的表现真外行 我们到我办公室谈 为什么我们不能进新闻室 那里要开会 |
[27:43] | There’s a meeting in there. what kind of meeting? | 什么样的会? 不关你的事 |
[27:45] | None of your business. it’s the press room. | 那是新闻室 |
[27:47] | Hi, carol. hi, carol. | 卡洛 |
[27:49] | Hi. | |
[27:52] | Don’t talk to me like that in front of people. look… | 在别人面前 不要那样对我说话 |
[27:54] | No. I just got called “Amateur” Twice in ten seconds. | 我在十秒钟内被说两次外行 |
[27:56] | The white house chief of staff | |
[27:57] | Can do it to me wherever he wants. | 白宫幕僚长可以随时随地说我 |
[27:58] | You don’t do it in front of people. | 但你不能在他人面前说我 |
[28:00] | If I don’t have access anymore, I don’t have a job. | 如果我不能自由说话 我就失业了 |
[28:02] | I would think a man with your credentials… | 以你这样的资历 我想应该没有问题… |
[28:03] | You think I’m kidding around? you think i am?! | 你以为我在开玩笑? 你看我像在开玩笑吗 |
[28:05] | The memo was news. says you. | 那备忘录是新闻 那是你说的 |
[28:07] | That’s right, says me– says me, says my editor | 对,是我说的 我的总编辑也这么说 |
[28:09] | Says every paper who picked it up the next day | 第二天看到新闻的 所有报社都这么说 |
[28:11] | Says time, says newsweek. | 时代杂志和新闻周刊也这么说 恭喜,你成了电影明星 |
[28:12] | Congratulations, you’re a movie star. | 时代杂志和新闻周刊也这么说 恭喜,你成了电影明星 |
[28:13] | You’re also on the outside looking in for a while | 你在外面往里看好一阵子了 |
[28:15] | So get used to it. | 还不习惯吗? |
[28:16] | “Used to it”? I’m paid for it. | 习惯?我是吃这行饭的 你不懂的是… |
[28:17] | And what you don’t understand… | 习惯?我是吃这行饭的 你不懂的是… |
[28:18] | Don’t tell me what I don’t understand! | 别跟我说我不懂 |
[28:20] | I’m not in my freshman year anymore. | 我不是初出茅庐的菜鸟 |
[28:21] | I understand more than you think. | 我懂得比你想的多 |
[28:23] | ( knocking ) | |
[28:24] | Carol: c.j.? yeah. | |
[28:25] | Leo’s on his way in. | 茜洁 什么事? 里奥要进去了 谢谢 |
[28:28] | Thanks. | 新闻室里有什么事 |
[28:29] | What’s going on in the press room? It’s a special event. | 特殊事件 |
[28:37] | Good afternoon. | 午安,我会尽快地挑明了说 |
[28:39] | I’ll make this as quick and direct as I can. | 很有可能… |
[28:42] | Man: why are we in the press room? | 我们为何到这里来? |
[28:44] | This’ll be pretty fast, stuart. | 你们很快就会知道,史都 |
[28:46] | Faster still if I’m not interrupted. | 不要打断我会更快 |
[28:48] | There’s a chance a debate is about to begin | 关于对抗毒品最好方法的 |
[28:51] | Over the best way to fight the drug problem in this country | 全国性辩论很可能就要展开 |
[28:54] | The white house, being among those who believe | 白宫认为应将更多的经费 |
[28:56] | More money should be put into treatment, | 用于治疗上 |
[28:57] | The people you work for being among those who believe | 你们的老板则认为 |
[29:00] | We should put more money into prisons. | 应将更多钱用于监狱中 |
[29:01] | Is everyone with me so far? | 我这样说大家都了解吗? |
[29:04] | Leo, why the seven of us? | 里奥,为何找我们七个人 |
[29:07] | Dick, in july of ’96, your boss’s son was arrested | 狄克,96年7月你老板之子 |
[29:11] | For carrying 25 grams of cocaine. | 因携带25公克可卡因被捕 |
[29:14] | That’s a crime that usually carries, what, toby? | 这种罪通常刑期是多久?托比 |
[29:17] | Eight to 15 years. | 八到十五年 |
[29:18] | And what did the congressman’s son get? | 议员先生的儿子被判刑多久 |
[29:20] | Six months house arrest. | 居家监护半年 |
[29:22] | Lynn, your boss’s husband was caught | 琳,你女老板的丈夫 |
[29:25] | Stealing vicodin and percocet | 在担任医院胸腔外科主任时 |
[29:27] | From the hospital at which he served As chief of thoracic surgery. | 因窃取麻醉药品被捕 |
[29:31] | The vicodin and percocet are schedule-two drugs | 这些麻醉药品 |
[29:34] | In the same legal category as opium. | 在法律上和鸦片属同等级 |
[29:36] | What’s the blue book value, toby? | 一般刑期应为多久?托比 |
[29:38] | Each stolen pill carries a penalty | 每偷一粒药就应服刑一年 |
[29:40] | Of one year in prison and a monetary fine. | 并缴纳罚金 |
[29:42] | And what did we have for the congresswoman’s husband? | 这位女议员的老公下场如何? |
[29:44] | He went to a pretrial diversion program. | 他参加了审判前戒毒计划 |
[29:45] | There’s no longer any criminal record. that’s not bad. | 未留下案底 真不赖 |
[29:50] | Leo, i… | 里奥,我… |
[29:52] | Stuart, yours is my favorite. | 史都,你的故事是我最喜欢的 |
[29:53] | Your boss has a daughter who was pulled over | 你老板的女儿被查到 |
[29:55] | With 31 grams of coke | 拥有31公克的可卡因 |
[29:57] | And charged with intent to deliver. | 并被控意图贩售 |
[30:00] | Moreover, she’d just been indicted by a federal grand jury | 除此之外,她先前才刚被 |
[30:03] | In greenville, south carolina, along with 18 other people | 南卡州格林威尔最高法院 |
[30:06] | For conspiracy to distribute. | 判定和其他18人共谋贩毒 |
[30:09] | Toby? | 托比 |
[30:10] | She paid a fine of $2,800 | 她缴了两千八百元罚款 |
[30:11] | And forfeited the car in which the drugs were found. | 藏匿毒品的汽车被没收 |
[30:15] | Leo: the president wants a lively debate. | 总统要个生动的辩论 |
[30:17] | He wants to hear opposition | 他要听反对的意见 |
[30:20] | But he’s not going to stomach hypocrisy. | 但他不会容忍虚伪矫饰 |
[30:24] | We start hearings “Soft on crime, soft on drugs” | 只要听到你们老板说 |
[30:27] | From any of the people you work for | 我们对犯罪和毒品态度太软弱 |
[30:29] | We’ve got seven stories ready for page one. | 就等着看报纸头版的七则新闻 |
[30:32] | You’re saber rattling. | 你是在唬人 |
[30:35] | Here comes the white house press corps. | 白宫记者团来了 |
[30:37] | Let’s find out. | 你要不要试试看? |
[30:39] | We’re done here. | 我要走了 |
[30:41] | We play the full nine innings at this level, stuart. | 我们是认真的,史都 |
[30:44] | Tell your friends about it. | 回去告诉你的老板 |
[30:47] | Take your seats, please. | 请坐,茜洁马上开始简报 |
[30:49] | C.j. Will start the briefing. | |
[30:51] | Can I tell you something? | 我可以说句话吗? |
[30:53] | Watching you guys do that– | 看你们这样做 |
[30:54] | It was a little fun. | 安蒂… 很好玩 |
[30:55] | It was not fun. | 这不是好玩的事 |
[30:57] | You should have had some pie. | 你应该吃点派 |
[31:00] | I have to get back to work | 我得回去上班了 |
[31:01] | And you being a congresswoman | 你是国会议员 |
[31:04] | I’m sure you need to be back out there | 我相信你也该回去服务民众 |
[31:07] | You know, screwing the people. | 有件事我该告诉你 |
[31:09] | I should tell you something. What? | 什么事? |
[31:13] | In the interest of full disclosure. | 只是要让你知道 什么事? |
[31:15] | What? | 有一晚我出去约会 |
[31:16] | The other night, I was out on a date. | 有一晚我出去约会 |
[31:18] | We had a couple glasses of wine | 我们喝了几杯葡萄酒 |
[31:19] | He pulled the car up Bumped the guy ahead of us. | 他开车时保险杆撞到前面的车 |
[31:22] | A cop was there and was going to give him | 警察来了 |
[31:24] | A blood-alcohol test, but then he recognized me. | 正要给他做酒精测试 但警员认出了我 |
[31:28] | That’s fine. | 这没什么 |
[31:29] | I’m just saying. | 这没什么 |
[31:31] | You didn’t say, “Officer, I’m a member of congress. | 我只说… 你没说:警察先生 我是国会议员 |
[31:32] | Isn’t there anything we can do about this?” | 你可以想想办法吗这种话吧 |
[31:35] | No. | 没有 |
[31:36] | Who were you out with? | 你跟谁出去 |
[31:38] | A guy named victor stipe. Executive advisor for the orioles? | 一个叫维特史泰的�砘� |
[31:41] | Yeah. | 金莺队的首席顾问? |
[31:42] | You went out on a date | 你跟巴尔的摩金莺队 |
[31:44] | With the executive advisor for the baltimore orioles? | 的首席顾问约会? |
[31:48] | Toby, are you upset that I went out on a date? | 你是因为我去约会而生气? |
[31:51] | Or are you upset that I went out on a date | 或因我跟洋基队同一区 |
[31:53] | With someone who plays in the same division as the yankees? | 的对手约会而生气? |
[31:57] | Honest to god, I’m not sure. | 说真的,我不知道 |
[32:00] | Mandatory minimums, toby. | 最低刑期,托比 |
[32:02] | What are you doing getting into cars | 你干嘛跟酒后驾车的人同车? |
[32:03] | With guys that have been drinking? | 因为我是成年女子 想坐哪辆车就坐… |
[32:04] | That’s what taxicabs are for. | 因为我是成年女子 想坐哪辆车就坐… |
[32:06] | Also, I can still do that. | 我也还能做那种事 |
[32:08] | You’d come pick me up with a date? | 你愿意来接我去约会? |
[32:10] | If he wasn’t an oriole, absolutely– | 只要他不是金莺队 |
[32:11] | Or a red sock. | 或红袜队的当然可以 |
[32:13] | In fact, just date the national league, would you? | 只跟国家联盟的约会就好 |
[32:17] | Toby, I’m not kidding. | 托比,我不是开玩笑 |
[32:20] | Mandatory minimums. | 最低刑期 |
[32:22] | Go away. | 走开 |
[32:25] | It’s good seeing you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[32:32] | Andy? | 安蒂 |
[32:34] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[32:36] | Let me have the pie. | 派给我 |
[32:46] | ( sighing ) oh… ( knocking ) | “晚间十一点半” |
[33:10] | Mr. President? yeah? | 总统先生 |
[33:11] | Oh, you’re in bed? | 你已经睡了 |
[33:12] | Yeah. | 里奥 |
[33:16] | When I called, you were awake. | 我打电话来时,你还没睡 |
[33:17] | Well, yeah, that’s ’cause I answered the phone. | 那是因为我起来接电话 |
[33:19] | I was just coming by to talk. it can wait. | 我只是过来聊天,不急 |
[33:22] | What’s on your mind? | 你有什么事? |
[33:23] | You sure? | 你真的想知道? |
[33:24] | Yeah. I got to be up | 你真的想知道? |
[33:26] | In four hours anyway. ( knocks ) | 是的,反正我四小时后要起床 |
[33:35] | Hey. hey. | |
[33:36] | What are you doing? | 你在忙什么? |
[33:38] | F.e.c. | 联选会,总统呢? |
[33:39] | Where’s the president? | 联选会,总统呢? |
[33:41] | He went to the residence about an hour ago. | 他一小时前回官邸去了 |
[33:43] | Okay. | |
[33:44] | So, I couldn’t help noticing coming over here | 我来的时候注意到 |
[33:47] | That the light in joey lucas’s office is on. | 乔伊路卡斯的灯还亮着 |
[33:49] | She still here? yeah. | 她还没走? 对 |
[33:50] | Why you telling me? | 你干嘛要告诉我? |
[33:51] | She’s a fine-looking… | 她是个漂亮的… 查理 |
[33:53] | Charlie. okay. | 好 |
[33:54] | Have a good night. | 祝你晚安 |
[33:55] | You give her a little something. | 祝你晚安 送点小东西给她 |
[33:57] | “Here, this is for you ’cause it’s your first day. | 来,这个给你,因为今天 |
[33:59] | You don’t know anybody.” | 你第一天上班,谁都不认识 |
[34:00] | Bam– you give it to her | 你送她东西,说点好听的 |
[34:01] | You say something nice. | |
[34:03] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[34:04] | Take it easy. | 别紧张 |
[34:07] | Hey, charlie. | 嗨,查理 |
[34:08] | Hey. | 嗨,查理 |
[34:12] | Tell him what you told me. | 把你跟我说的告诉他 |
[34:13] | See, I still don’t understand… | 我还是不了解… |
[34:14] | Tell him what you told me. | 把你说的告诉他 |
[34:16] | Steve onorato came to see me this afternoon. | 史提欧诺拉脱中午来找我 |
[34:18] | We had lunch. Onorato came to you? | 我们共进午餐 |
[34:21] | Yeah. | 欧诺拉脱来找你? |
[34:22] | Tell him what he said. | 告诉乔西他说的话 |
[34:24] | He said that if we dropped f.e.c., he could | 告诉乔西他说的话 |
[34:27] | Warm things up for drugs. | 他说若我们放弃联选会 |
[34:28] | ( both snickering ) | 他会替我们的毒品案说话 |
[34:30] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[34:32] | He said that? | 他这么说? |
[34:35] | He even pointed out to sam | 他甚至说山姆是 |
[34:36] | That sam was working on drugs for the white house. | 白宫毒品事宜的负责人 |
[34:40] | You’ve made the big time, sam. | 你把事情闹大了,山姆 |
[34:42] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事? |
[34:43] | He knows about laurie. | 他知道罗莉的事 |
[34:44] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[34:45] | He knows you’re friends with a call girl. | 他知道你跟应召女郎交朋友 |
[34:46] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这跟我们谈的事有什么关系 |
[34:48] | He wants to move you out to the front of the field | 他要让你成为焦点人物 |
[34:49] | So he can drop laurie on you. | 然后把罗莉的事抖出来 |
[34:51] | Are you serious? | 这是真的吗? |
[34:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:54] | Are you serious?! | 这是真的吗? |
[34:55] | It’s okay, sam. | 没关系,山姆 你没做错任何事 |
[34:56] | You haven’t done anything wrong. | 没关系,山姆 你没做错任何事 |
[34:58] | Oh, I know I haven’t done anything wrong. | 我知道我没做错任何事 你们在开玩笑吗? |
[34:59] | Are you serious? | 我们很认真,别担心 |
[35:01] | We’re serious. don’t worry about it. | |
[35:02] | He… | 你是说…他想利用我的… 单纯来耍诈? |
[35:03] | Are you saying he…? He tried to practice on my…? | 你是说…他想利用我的… |
[35:07] | Credulous simplicity? Yeah. Yeah. | 单纯来耍诈? |
[35:11] | I want to know what I can do right now. | 我现在能做什么? |
[35:12] | Sam… | 山姆… 现在深夜11点35分 我要知道我能做什么 |
[35:13] | No! Right now at 11:35. | 现在深夜11点35分 |
[35:15] | I want to know what I can do. | 我要知道我能做什么 |
[35:16] | Take it easy. | 放轻松 我不要放轻松 |
[35:17] | I won’t take it easy! | 放轻松 我不要放轻松 |
[35:18] | Give me the phone. | 电话给我 |
[35:19] | I’m going to call a senator | 我要打电话给那参议员 |
[35:20] | And I’m going to tell him He can shove his legislative agenda up his ass! | 要他带着立法程序闪一边去 |
[35:23] | I’ve already done that. | 我已经说过了 我要再说一次 |
[35:24] | I’ll do it again. | 你们知道这像什么吗? 像教父电影里 |
[35:25] | You know what this is like? | 你们知道这像什么吗? 像教父电影里 |
[35:27] | This is like the godfather when pacino tells james caan | 艾尔帕西诺告诉詹姆斯肯恩 |
[35:29] | That he’s going to kill the cop. | 他要去杀警察 |
[35:31] | It’s a lot like that scene | 跟那场戏有点像,又不太像 |
[35:32] | Only not really. | |
[35:34] | Did leo go home? | |
[35:36] | He’s still around here somewhere. | 里奥回家了吗? |
[35:38] | He’s in the residence. | 他还在,只是不知在哪里 他在官邸 |
[35:39] | It is like that scene. | 很像那幕戏,我是詹姆斯肯恩 |
[35:41] | I’m james caan You’re al pacino. | 你是艾尔帕西诺 |
[35:43] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[35:44] | Toby, you’re the guy who shows pacino how | 托比 |
[35:46] | To make tomato sauce. | 你是教艾西诺做番茄酱的人 |
[35:47] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[35:48] | I’m right behind. I’m going to pick up the late wires. | 你们先去 |
[36:06] | Hello. Hi. | 我去看看有没有新消息 |
[36:09] | Hey, kenny. | 肯尼 乔西 |
[36:10] | Hey, josh. | 肯尼 乔西 我看到灯还亮着 这么晚你们还没走? |
[36:11] | Saw a light was on. you guys are here late. | 我看到灯还亮着 这么晚你们还没走? |
[36:15] | I wanted to give you a first-look analysis | 我想明天一早 |
[36:17] | In the morning. | 给你初步分析报告 |
[36:19] | There’s really some decent models | 马林郡和海湾区 |
[36:21] | In marin county and the bay area | 有很不错的问卷版本 |
[36:22] | But san jose is a mess and so is orange county | 但圣荷西乱七八糟 |
[36:26] | Long beach, anaheim, and san diego. | 橘郡、长堤 安纳海和圣地牙哥也一样 |
[36:28] | I brought you a coffee mug. | 我带了个马克杯来给你 |
[36:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[36:33] | Just as a thing– ’cause you don’t know anybody. | 只是个小东西,因为你刚来 |
[36:36] | It’s got a picture of the white house. | 上面有白宫的图片 |
[36:39] | It says, “The white house.” | 写着白宫 |
[36:43] | Seal of the president. | 有总统印记 |
[36:46] | It’s a white house coffee mug. | 这是个白宫马克杯 |
[36:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:53] | Kenny, can you give us a second? | 肯尼,请给我们一点时间 |
[36:55] | Oh, sure. | 没问题,我到外面去 |
[36:57] | I’m going to step outside. | |
[37:03] | I wore this suit special today. | 我今天特地穿上这套西装 |
[37:08] | This isn’t my regular tuesday suit. | 这不是我的普通星期二西装 |
[37:13] | You have a regular tuesday suit? | 你有普通星期二西装? |
[37:16] | No. | 没有 |
[37:21] | For me? | 为我穿的? |
[37:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:30] | So… | 那… |
[37:33] | Okay, I got to go. | 好,我得走了 |
[37:40] | So… | 就是这样 |
[37:44] | I don’t want | |
[37:45] | To belabor the point, though. | 关于此议题,我不想说太多 |
[37:47] | I do think that this is understandable. | 我认为这可以理解 |
[37:50] | I feel a little self-conscious | 我自己是恢复中的嗜药者 |
[37:53] | Coming down the mountain on drugs | 还对毒品大加挞伐 |
[37:55] | Two months after I announced I was a recovering drug addict. | 我觉得不太自然 |
[37:58] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[38:02] | About what? | 关于什么? 我刚才说的事 |
[38:04] | What I just said. | 关于什么? 我刚才说的事 |
[38:05] | Well, I wasn’t listening to a lot of it. | 我没注意听 总统… |
[38:08] | Sir… | 里奥,最有资格评论 治疗和刑罚差别的人是你 |
[38:09] | Leo… If there’s anyone qualified | 里奥,最有资格评论 |
[38:12] | To talk about the benefits of treatment Versus criminal action, it’s you. | 治疗和刑罚差别的人是你 |
[38:16] | Is there anyone whose life would be better right now | 难道有人觉得 |
[38:20] | If you’d gone to jail Instead of rehab? | 坐牢比戒毒更有意义? |
[38:23] | No. | 没有 |
[38:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢,还有其他事吗? |
[38:25] | Is there anything else? | |
[38:28] | Apparently there is. | 显然还有 |
[38:29] | Mr. President. yeah? | 总统先生 |
[38:30] | I’m sorry. I heard leo was here. | 对不起,听说里奥在这里 |
[38:32] | I assumed you were awake. | 我就以为你还没睡 |
[38:33] | I am. | 我是还没睡 |
[38:35] | I hadn’t seen you all day. | 我整天都没见到你 |
[38:36] | I just wanted to apologize for the gaffe At the briefing last night. | 我只是想为昨天的错误道歉 |
[38:39] | You fixed it this afternoon, right? | 你今天下午修正过了? |
[38:41] | Yeah. Then let’s move on. | 那就没事了 |
[38:43] | I do apologize, sir. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[38:45] | No need to apologize, but I accept your apology | 不必道歉,但我接受你的歉意 |
[38:47] | And now I’m ready, if not eager to move on. | 现在可以说点别的了 |
[38:49] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 你们也来了 |
[38:51] | How you doing? | 总统先生 你们也来了 |
[38:52] | You were sleeping? | 你睡觉了? |
[38:53] | Not for a little while now. | 醒来好一会了 |
[38:54] | This is great, mr. President, because usually you have | 这样很好,总统先生 |
[38:57] | A hard time getting to sleep before 1:00 or 2:00. | 因为通常你要一两点才睡得着 |
[38:59] | Not tonight. | 今晚不会 感觉一定很好 |
[39:01] | That’s got to feel good, sir. | 感觉一定很好 各位,让我告诉你们 我希望现在发生什么事 |
[39:02] | Guys, let me tell you | 各位,让我告诉你们 |
[39:03] | What I would like to have happen right now. | 我希望现在发生什么事 |
[39:05] | Good evening, mr. President. | 晚安,总统先生 |
[39:07] | Josh walking in the door wasn’t even close. | 当然不是要乔西走进来 |
[39:10] | How you doing tonight? | 你今晚好吗? 我很好,谢谢你 乔西,你好吗? |
[39:11] | I’m fine, thanks, josh. how you doing? | 我很好,谢谢你 乔西,你好吗? |
[39:12] | Good. I gave joey lucas a coffee mug. | 很好 我送了个马克杯给乔伊路卡斯 |
[39:17] | She doesn’t know anybody here | 她在这里人生地不熟 |
[39:18] | And she’s already working hard | 她已经在熬夜加班了 |
[39:20] | She’s very committed. | 她工作很认真 |
[39:21] | I think I did the right thing. | 我认为我做得很对 |
[39:24] | See, the part I don’t understand is I got, like, 24 armed guards | 我真搞不懂 |
[39:28] | Right outside my bedroom door. | 我卧室外有24名武装警卫 |
[39:30] | Mr. President, after a day of meetings | 总统先生,经过一天会谈 |
[39:32] | Are you any closer to a decision on drugs? | 毒品案你做决定了吗? |
[39:34] | I’m a day closer. | 有点概念,但明天还有会要开 |
[39:37] | There’ll be more meetings tomorrow. In the meantime, everybody calm down. | 请大家先冷静下来 |
[39:41] | Leo’s got your engines fired like you’re running daytona. | 里奥让你们冲劲十足 |
[39:44] | That’s fine. Keep them there. | 这样很好,继续下去 |
[39:46] | Guess what? | 犯错无所谓,把伤害减到最小 |
[39:48] | Mistakes are going to be made. Minimize them. fix them, move on. | 修正好,继续往前走 |
[39:52] | Kiefer’s numbers got you scared. | 基佛的数字让你们害怕 |
[39:54] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[39:56] | I have never lost an election in my life. | 我一辈子没输过任何一场选举 |
[39:59] | We do this right, people are going to respond. | 只要我们做得对 人民就会有反应 |
[40:03] | You all had a good day. | 你们今天都做得很好 |
[40:05] | Josh: we should go. | |
[40:06] | Leave you now. | 我们该走了 |
[40:07] | You guys should feel free | 我太太在的时候 |
[40:09] | To do this when my wife is here. ( all chuckle ) | 你们也可以随时过来 |
[40:12] | Sam: sir, something has come up | 总统,有件事… |
[40:13] | And frankly, it’s got me as hot as a pistol. | 老实说让我火大得很… |
[40:15] | Apparently… sam? | 山姆… |
[40:18] | We can talk about this tomorrow. | 明天再说好了 |
[40:22] | Everybody… | 各位 |
[40:23] | Mandy was doing her job. | ��蒂只是做她该做的事 |
[40:25] | It’s time to let her out of the doghouse. | 别再排挤她 |
[40:27] | That’s me. she was doing her job. | 那是我 |
[40:28] | C.j.? | 她做的是她份内的事 |
[40:30] | Yes, sir. | 茜洁 是,总统 |
[40:31] | So was danny. | 丹尼也是 |
[40:32] | Yes, sir. Good night. | 是的,总统 |
[40:35] | Good night, mr. President. | 晚安 晚安,总统先生 |
[40:37] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[40:38] | We were almost done. | 我以为我们谈完了 |
[40:40] | I… Met with congresswoman wyatt today. | 我今天跟怀耶女议员见过面 |
[40:46] | When you were married to her | 你还没跟她离婚时 |
[40:47] | Did you call her congresswoman wyatt? | 你称她怀耶女议员吗? |
[40:49] | No, sir. | 不是 |
[40:52] | Sometimes I call my wife “Dr. Bartlett.” | 有时我称我太太巴特勒大夫 |
[40:55] | No, I call her “Andy” or “Andrea.” | 不,我称她安蒂或安卓雅 |
[41:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:01] | Mandatory minimums. | 最低刑期 |
[41:02] | You’re whupped, my friend. Sir? | 你输了,朋友 |
[41:05] | No, she’s been talking to you for a year | 她跟你说了一年的最低刑期 |
[41:07] | About mandatory minimums. You’ve been saying no | 你一直拒绝 |
[41:09] | But it looks like we know who wears the pants | 现在看来 |
[41:11] | In the ziegler family. | 我们知道齐格家谁比较厉害了 |
[41:13] | You call your wife “Dr. Bartlet.” | 你称你太太巴特勒大夫? |
[41:15] | Just for the turn-on. ( snickering ) | 只是在逗她 |
[41:20] | Uh, the thing is she’s right. | 问题是她说的是对的 |
[41:21] | Andy? | 安蒂? |
[41:22] | Mandatory minimums are considerably higher | 安蒂? |
[41:25] | For crack than for powdered cocaine. | 使用快克的最低刑期 比可卡因粉末高得多 |
[41:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:27] | The vast majority of crack users are black. | 是的 |
[41:30] | The vast majority of drug users are white. | 大部份快克使用者是黑人 大部份可卡因使用者是白人 |
[41:32] | The mandatory minimums are racist. | 最低刑期是种族歧视 |
[41:35] | Yes, they are. | 没错 |
[41:36] | Should be part of the discussion. | 这点应列入讨论 |
[41:38] | And it will be. | 会的 |
[41:41] | Good. | 好 |
[41:43] | Good night. | |
[41:46] | Good night. good night. | 晚安 |
[41:53] | I’m sleeping better. | 我现在会睡得比较安稳 |
[41:55] | And when I sleep I dream about a great discussion | 我会梦到精采的讨论会 有专家,有想法… |
[42:00] | With experts and ideas and diction and energy and honesty | 有精辟的词汇 有动力,有诚意 |
[42:06] | And when I wake up I think… | 当我醒来 |
[42:09] | “I can sell that.” | 我认为…我能使民众信服 |
[42:15] | Good night, mr. President. | 晚安,总统先生 |
[42:16] | Good night. ( sighs ) | 晚安 |