时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | previously on the west wing: | |
[00:07] | India has sent troops into the neutral zone in kashmir. | 印度派兵进入 喀什米尔中立区 |
[00:10] | This happened last night? | 这是昨晚发生的? |
[00:11] | Not ready for the press. could have told me that | 我们还不能向新闻界宣布 |
[00:13] | Before sending me in there. | 你叫我进去前应先告诉我 |
[00:14] | C.j.? I flatly denied it. | 茜洁 我断然否认 |
[00:16] | I met with secret service agents this morning. | 我今天上午见了几位特勤人员 |
[00:18] | What did I do? | 我做了什么? |
[00:20] | It’s time for me to tell you | 我该告诉你 我们收到一些威胁信 |
[00:21] | About some letters we’ve been getting. | 这星期收到两封死亡恐吓信 |
[00:23] | Two death threats were received earlier in the week. | |
[00:25] | Sir, I’m fairly convinced | 我相信我们要找的是 |
[00:26] | We’re looking for two 15-year-old boys. | 两名十五岁少年 “生死关头” |
[00:32] | President: there’s another one. | 还有另外一个笑话 |
[00:34] | two politicians are having an argument. | 两位政治人物在争辩 |
[00:36] | one of them stands up and shouts, “You’re lying.” | 其中一个站起来大声说: |
[00:37] | The other one says, “Yes, I am, but hear me out.” | 你在说谎 |
[00:39] | ( audience laughing ) | 另一个回答: 没错,但听我说完 |
[00:40] | Woman: Mr. President | 总统先生,我们的时间 |
[00:42] | We have time for one more question. | 只够再回答一个问题 |
[00:43] | President: I don’t think I answered the last one yet. | 我只顾着讲笑话 |
[00:45] | Suzanne’s got me telling jokes. ( audience laughing ) | 上个问题我还没回答呢 |
[00:48] | Suzanne, there is an answer to your question | 苏珊,你的问题我要这么回答 |
[00:50] | But I don’t think you’re going to like it. | 但你可能不满意 |
[00:52] | You ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[00:53] | The current crop of 18-25 year olds | 目前十八至二十五岁的年龄层 |
[00:56] | Is the most politically apathetic generation | 是美国有史以来 |
[00:59] | In american history. | 对政治最冷漠的一代 |
[01:01] | In 1972, half of that age group voted. | 一九七二年该年龄层 有半数去投票 |
[01:04] | In the last election, it was 32%. | 上次选举却只有32% |
[01:06] | Your generation is considerably less likely | 大家都认为你们这一代 |
[01:08] | Than any previous one | 比较不会写信或打电话 |
[01:10] | To write or call public officials | 给政府官员 |
[01:11] | Attend rallies or work on political campaigns. | 参加集会或参与竞选活动 |
[01:16] | A man once said this: | 有人曾说: |
[01:18] | “Decisions are made by those who show up.” | 现身参与的人才能做决定 |
[01:20] | So are we failing you, or are you failing us? | 所以是我们让你们失望 或是你们让我们失望 |
[01:24] | It’s a little of both. | 两者都有一点 |
[01:25] | ( audience laughing ) | 我的一个幕僚人员给我一份… |
[01:27] | A guy on my staff showed me a report… | 时间马上就到了 我这就到门口去 |
[01:28] | We’re moments away. | 另类政策中心的报告 上面写着 |
[01:29] | I’m going to get the door. | 另类政策中心的报告 上面写着 |
[01:31] | …from the center for policy alternatives | 你们这年龄层中 有61%同意以下这句话 政治人物和政府官员… 懒惰、迷惑、不专心 |
[01:33] | That said 61% of your age group agree with the statement | |
[01:36] | “Politicians and political officials | |
[01:38] | Have failed my generation.” | |
[01:40] | When asked how older generations see you | |
[01:42] | Your top answers are “Lazy,” “Confused” And “Unfocused.” | |
[01:45] | It’s the center for policy alternatives. | 什么机构做的报告? |
[01:47] | C.j.’ll have copies for the bus ride back. | 另类政策中心 |
[01:49] | When asked how you see yourselves | 回去时 茜洁会在交通车上发给大家 |
[01:51] | The top answers were | 你们的答案是 |
[01:52] | “Ambitious,” “Determined” and “Independent.” | 有抱负、有决心、具独立性 |
[01:54] | Um, I want to continue with this, but there was | 我想继续下去 |
[01:59] | Some debate among my staff earlier today | 但今天稍早我的幕僚在讨论 |
[02:01] | As to whether or not I should take off my jacket. | 我是否该脱掉西装外套 |
[02:03] | Some thought it would | 有人说脱掉比较适合 |
[02:04] | Fit in nicely with the folksy atmosphere | 这种地方聚会的气氛 |
[02:06] | Of a town hall meeting. | 但也有人说脱掉外套 不合乎总统身份 |
[02:08] | Others thought it wouldn’t be presidential. Can I trust you all to read nothing into it | 我请各位别想太多 |
[02:12] | Other than I’ve been talking for two hours And it’s a little hot under these lights? | 因为我说话说了两小时 |
[02:15] | ( applause ) | 而且灯光照得有点热 |
[02:16] | Thank you. | |
[02:26] | See, all that ambition and determination | 你们的野心抱负和决心 |
[02:28] | Doesn’t translate into political action, suzanne. | 并未转变成政治性的行动 |
[02:31] | Where’s toby? | 托比呢? 找他干嘛? |
[02:32] | Why? | 他有电话 |
[02:33] | He’s got a phone call. | 谁打来的? |
[02:35] | From who? Peter jobson. | 彼德强森 |
[02:38] | Give it to me. | 给我 |
[02:39] | That tax burden has crept | |
[02:41] | Further down the income and age ladder | |
[02:43] | And the benefits are going more and more | |
[02:45] | To the elderly and the well-to-do. | |
[02:48] | Totaling all government payments to individuals… | |
[02:50] | Toby. | 托比 |
[02:52] | …we now spend nine times as much on the elderly | |
[02:54] | As we do on a single child. | |
[02:55] | No wonder this upcoming generation | |
[02:58] | Has turned its back… | 乔西 |
[02:59] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[03:00] | On a government that’s forgotten them. | |
[03:03] | Overall entitlement payments… | |
[03:04] | Leo. | 里奥 |
[03:05] | Are, or will have crowded out | |
[03:07] | Public investment into infrastructure… | |
[03:09] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[03:10] | It’s the signal. | 是我们的暗号 |
[03:12] | I thought that was the signal | 是我们的暗号 |
[03:13] | For the other thing. | 我以为是别件事的暗号 |
[03:14] | That’s the signal for this thing now. | 现在是这件事的暗号 |
[03:16] | When did that happen? | 什么时候改的? |
[03:17] | It happened just a… | 就在…管它的 |
[03:19] | Who cares, leo? | 现在是这件事的暗号 |
[03:20] | It’s the signal for this thing now. | 状况完全解除了? |
[03:22] | We’re totally out of the woods? | 去告诉总统 |
[03:23] | Go tell the president. | 政府补助金的支出会挤掉 |
[03:26] | Overall, entitlement payments will have crowded out Public investment in infrastructure | 在基础结构方面的投资 |
[03:31] | And they’ll have crowded out public investment in education | 会挤掉在教育上的公共投资 |
[03:34] | To say nothing to the general quality of life. | 更别提一般的生活品质 |
[03:36] | So college kids today are facing a future | 所以现今的大学生… |
[03:38] | Of paying even higher taxes… | |
[03:40] | Follow me. | 跟我来 做什么? |
[03:41] | Why? | 做什么? |
[03:43] | …which is why it doesn’t come as a galloping shock | |
[03:45] | Today’s young people aren’t exactly living for tomorrow. | 我有一个… |
[03:47] | I have a tip. | 我有一个…消息 |
[03:49] | You do? yes. | 是吗? |
[03:50] | Okay. | 是的 |
[03:51] | I have a tip and I’m going | 有个消息,别人还不知道 |
[03:52] | To give it to you before the others. | 我要先让你知道 |
[03:54] | Are we being watched right now? | 有人在监视我们吗? |
[03:56] | No. | |
[03:57] | Then why are we talking like this? | 没有 那我们为何要这样小声说话 |
[03:59] | I have news. | 我有个消息 什么消息? |
[04:00] | What’s the news? | 我有个消息 什么消息? |
[04:01] | I want you to acknowledge | 我要你承认 我是在对你特别优待 |
[04:02] | That I’m doing | 我要你承认 |
[04:03] | Something nice for you. | 我是在对你特别优待 |
[04:04] | What is the news? | 什么消息? |
[04:05] | A peace pipe of sorts. yes. | 这是示好之举 |
[04:07] | An offering, which in one sense… | 具有特殊意义的优惠… |
[04:09] | What’s the damn news? | 究竟是什么消息? 打电话给你们的科学版主编 为什么? |
[04:10] | Call your science editor. why? | 是关于哥伦比亚号太空梭 |
[04:11] | It’s about the space shuttle columbia. | 另一个由千禧年X世代团体 |
[04:14] | There’s another survey, this one by the generation x Advocacy group third millennium. | 做的调查显示 |
[04:19] | 53% of 18-25 year olds believe the soap opera general hospital | 十八至二十五岁年龄层的人 有53%相信 “综合医院”这出连续剧 寿命会比健保长 这一世代的青年认为 上一代透支了他们的未来 所以我最小的女儿柔伊 老是生我的气 现在柔伊一定很想 爬到椅子下去 |
[04:23] | Will outlast medicare. | |
[04:26] | ( audience laughing ) | |
[04:29] | This from a generation convinced the generation before them | |
[04:35] | Has ransomed its future. | |
[04:37] | That’s why my youngest daughter, zoey, is always mad at me. | |
[04:41] | ( audience laughing ) | |
[04:42] | This is the part where zoey | |
[04:44] | Tries to crawl under her seat to hide. | |
[04:47] | Don’t worry about it, sweetie. | 别担心,亲爱的 |
[04:48] | I’m going to bring out the baby pictures any second now. ( audience laughing ) | 我随时会拿出你的婴儿照片 |
[04:56] | ( cheering, chanting ) | |
[04:59] | Gina. | 吉娜 |
[05:00] | Straight to the car. | |
[05:02] | He’s not working the rope line? | 总统会直接上车 他不跟两旁的民众握手? |
[05:03] | There’s a softball game he wants to watch. | 他想回去看垒球比赛 |
[05:06] | They show softball on tv? | 电视转播垒球比赛? |
[05:07] | Yeah. | |
[05:08] | And the president watches it? | 总统看这种比赛? |
[05:10] | He likes to unwind watching sports on tv. | 他喜欢看电视上的运动节目 放松心情 |
[05:13] | Softball. | 垒球? 有什么就看什么 |
[05:14] | Whatever’s on. | 垒球? 有什么就看什么 |
[05:15] | Good. | |
[05:20] | ( crowd chanting ): bartlet! Bartlet! Bartlet! | |
[05:23] | Go, jed! Go, jed! Go, jed! | |
[05:25] | Go, jed! Go, jed! Go, jed! | |
[05:27] | Go, jed! Go, jed! Go, jed! | |
[05:34] | Strange as it may seem | 看起来或许很奇怪 |
[05:35] | That was the first time in history that anyone… | 有史以来第一次有人… |
[05:37] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗? 有 |
[05:38] | Yeah. | 你听到了吗? 有 |
[05:39] | He used it. yeah. | 他用了 |
[05:41] | He used the material I told him about. | 他用了我告诉他的资料 |
[05:43] | Yeah. | 你说对了 |
[05:44] | You were right. What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[05:47] | It doesn’t go away. | 那种感觉不会消失 |
[05:48] | Thank you, everyone. | 那种感觉不会消失 |
[05:50] | God bless you and god bless america. | 下课,谢谢各位 |
[05:54] | Here we go. | 上帝保佑你们,也保佑美国 |
[05:58] | He’s not working the rope line, mike. | 他不会跟民众握手 |
[06:01] | Straight to the car. | 直接上车 |
[06:03] | I’ve got bookbag. | 我来照顾“书包” |
[06:14] | Baby pictures– he’s heckling me with them | 他老是用婴儿照片 |
[06:16] | And visa card bills. | 和信用卡帐单来糗我 |
[06:18] | And look, now he’s walking the rope line. | 你看 他现在又去跟群众握手了 |
[06:20] | If there was ever a chance he was going to walk past a crowd of people… | 他永远不会放弃 |
[06:23] | Charlie! | 和民众接近的机会 查理 |
[06:26] | I saw something. | 我觉得不对劲 |
[06:29] | By the way, charlie apologized | 对了,查理向我道歉 |
[06:31] | To me– he made a full apology. | 他很郑重地跟我道歉 |
[06:32] | I saw something. | 我觉得不对劲 |
[06:34] | Gina? | |
[06:35] | Crowd chanting: bartlet! Bartlet! | |
[06:37] | Bartlet! Bartlet! Bartlet! | |
[06:39] | Bartlet! Bartlet! Bartlet! | |
[06:42] | Bartlet! Bartlet! Bartlet! | |
[06:44] | nbc | |
[06:48] | and warner bros. Television] | 罗伯洛 茉拉凯利 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 “白宫风云” “十二小时前” |
[07:39] | What’s going on? | 出了什么事? |
[07:40] | One second, leo. | 等一下,里奥 |
[07:41] | That was the sa-6, right? | 是SA6,地对空飞弹 |
[07:43] | Surface-to-air? thank you. Al jaber air base in kuwait | 对吧?谢谢 |
[07:47] | Says a nighthawk didn’t come back. | 科威特的艾尔捷伯空军机地 说一架夜鹰战机没回来 |
[07:49] | Didn’t come back from where? | 去哪里没回来? |
[07:51] | A patrol of the no-fly with the five and dime. | 禁航区巡逻三小时 |
[07:53] | Iraq. | 伊拉克? |
[07:54] | Yeah. | 伊拉克? |
[07:55] | We’ve got an f-117 down in iraq. | 我们有架F117 在伊拉克被击落? |
[07:56] | Along with a pilot. | 还有一名飞行员 |
[07:58] | How much of this is confirmed? | 这消息确实性有多少? 完全没有 |
[07:59] | None of it. | 需要多少时间? 还要再十分钟 |
[08:00] | How much time? | 需要多少时间? |
[08:01] | I need ten more minutes. | 还要再十分钟 |
[08:03] | Ten minutes, then I’m bringing in the president. | 十分钟,然后我就要告知总统 |
[08:05] | Confirmation in ten minutes. | 十分钟后确认 |
[08:06] | It seems to me if the event’s over by 10:00 | 若演讲十点钟结束 |
[08:08] | I can be back here by 11:00. | 我十一点就能回来了 |
[08:09] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 你知道这表示什么意思? |
[08:10] | You know what that means? | 是的,总统 你知道这表示什么意思? |
[08:12] | You can watch the girls’ softball game. | 是的,这表示 你可以看女子垒球比赛 |
[08:13] | Did you snicker when you said that? | 你在偷笑吗? 没有 |
[08:15] | No, sir. | 你有 总统先生 |
[08:16] | Yes, you did. | 你有 总统先生 |
[08:17] | Mr. President. | 谢谢你,陆 |
[08:18] | Thanks, lou. | 你说“女子”垒球时在偷笑 |
[08:19] | When you said that, you snickered. | 没有 |
[08:20] | No, sir. Yes, you snickered as if to indicate | 有,好像我不应看 |
[08:23] | There’s something wrong with my wanting to see A girls’ softball game live via satellite. | 女子垒球卫星转播似的 |
[08:27] | Well, you seem pretty excited about it, sir. | 你似乎是相当兴奋 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[08:29] | They’re ready for you, Mr. President. | 他们准备好了,总统先生 |
[08:31] | Thanks, phil. | 谢谢,菲尔,我是很兴奋 |
[08:32] | I am excited about it. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[08:33] | At the end of a long day | 好不容易熬过漫长的一天 |
[08:35] | You sit back, you open a beer | 能坐下来边喝啤酒,边看球赛 |
[08:37] | You watch a sporting event. | 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[08:38] | That’s what men do. | 这是男人最大的享受 看女子垒球? |
[08:39] | They watch girls’ softball? | 如果电视播的是这个就看这个 |
[08:41] | When that’s what’s on, that’s what they watch. | 导演:汤玛斯史兰姆 |
[08:43] | It’s that or a cricket match between scotland and bermuda. | 不看女子垒球,就只有 苏格兰对百慕达的板球比赛 |
[08:46] | Now, I am an educated man, charlie, but when somebody | 我是文明人,但只要有人 |
[08:48] | Tries to explain cricket to me | 想对我说明板球的打法 |
[08:50] | All I want to do is hit him in the head with a teapot. | 我就想用茶壶砸他的头 |
[08:52] | Good morning, Mr. President. | 早安,总统先生 早安,派蒂,所以我就看垒球 |
[08:53] | Good morning, patty. | 早安,派蒂,所以我就看垒球 |
[08:55] | So it’s softball. | |
[08:56] | Sacramento state versus | 沙加缅度大学对太平洋大学 |
[08:57] | The university of the pacific. | |
[08:58] | A clash of the titans. | 他们的实力不强,总统先生 |
[08:59] | You’re not going to spoil my fun. | 你别破坏我的兴致 我不会 |
[09:01] | I wouldn’t want to, sir. | 我要熬过今天,然后坐下来 |
[09:02] | I’ll get to the end of the day | 开瓶啤酒… |
[09:03] | Sit back, open a beer… | 看女子垒球赛 没错 |
[09:04] | And watch girls’ softball. | 看女子垒球赛 |
[09:05] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[09:07] | Good morning, Mr. President. good morning, sir. | 早安,总统先生 |
[09:09] | Hey, steve, hey, mikey. | 史提,迈奇 |
[09:10] | Have I gotten any of the names right so far? | 到目前为止 这些人的名字我都叫对了吗 |
[09:12] | No sir, but you came damn close on a couple of ’em. | 没有,不过有几个很接近了 |
[09:14] | Good morning, Mr. President. | 早安,总统先生 大家早 |
[09:15] | Good morning, everybody. | 时间有点赶 希望你不介意我们马上开始 |
[09:17] | I hope you don’t mind if we get right to it. | 时间有点赶 希望你不介意我们马上开始 |
[09:18] | Sure. | 没问题 假设这里是地方活动中心 你的演讲有电视转播 |
[09:20] | It’s a town hall meeting broadcast live on msnbc. | 假设这里是地方活动中心 你的演讲有电视转播 |
[09:22] | For the purposes of this rehearsal | 为了这次排练 卡洛充当大会主席 |
[09:23] | Carol will be the moderator. | 她坐在你的右边 |
[09:24] | She’ll be sitting to your right. | 在镜头上是左边 |
[09:26] | You’ll have a pitcher of water and a drinking glass. | 你会有一壶水和一个玻璃杯 |
[09:28] | When I speak, I should stand | 我演讲时必须面对着观众 |
[09:29] | Facing the audience, right? | 对吧? |
[09:30] | Sir… | 总统… 你知道我怎么知道的吗?茜洁 因为我已有数十万次经验了 |
[09:32] | You know how I know this? | 你知道我怎么知道的吗?茜洁 |
[09:33] | I’ve done it 200,000-300,000 times. | 因为我已有数十万次经验了 |
[09:34] | Hey, sam. yes, sir. | 山姆 是的,总统 |
[09:35] | Why didn’t columbia land? | 哥伦比亚号昨晚为何没降落? |
[09:37] | I’m sorry, sir? | 对不起?先生 |
[09:38] | The space shuttle was supposed to land. | 太空梭原本预定要降落的 刚有人说它没降落 |
[09:39] | Somebody said it didn’t. | 我不知道,总统 你何不去问托比? |
[09:40] | Why don’t you go ask toby? | 我不知道,总统 你何不去问托比? |
[09:42] | Why would toby know? | 托比会知道吗? |
[09:43] | His brother’s on that flight. | 他弟弟在太空梭上 |
[09:45] | Really? | 真的? |
[09:46] | He’s a payload specialist. | 他是个货真价实的航太专家 |
[09:48] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[09:49] | He’s up there with four | 他带了四只 |
[09:51] | Red-bellied japanese newts. | 日本红肚蝾螈上太空 |
[09:52] | He wants to see how a newt’s inner ears | 蝾螈的内耳跟人类的十分类似 |
[09:54] | Which are remarkably similar to humans’ | |
[09:56] | Are influenced by the absence of gravity. | 他要观察他们 在无重力状态时是否受影响 |
[09:58] | You know what he calls them, c.j.? | 你知道他如何称呼他们吗? 茜洁 |
[10:00] | Astronewts? | 太空蝾螈 完全正确 去问他为何没有降落 |
[10:01] | 100% right. | 完全正确 |
[10:02] | Go ask him why it didn’t land. | 去问他为何没有降落 |
[10:03] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 开始吧 |
[10:04] | Here we go. | 好的,总统 |
[10:05] | Okay, sir. | 好的,总统 |
[10:06] | Mr. President, the first question… | 总统先生,第一个问题… |
[10:08] | Sorry, c.j.? | 对不起,茜洁 |
[10:10] | You say I have a pitcher of water and a drinking glass | 你说我有一壶水和一个玻璃杯 |
[10:13] | And the water gets into the glass how? | 水要怎么进入玻璃杯? |
[10:18] | Toby: it’ll go something like this: | 若有人提出这样的问题: |
[10:20] | “Mr. President “Your administration has pursued a policy of what? | 总统先生,你的政府和中国 |
[10:24] | Constructive engagement…” Yes. | 一直维持经贸合作政策 |
[10:27] | “…toward china, even though it’s a communist country | 虽然它是个共产国家 |
[10:29] | That has systematically… what? Imprisoned dissidents?” | 有计划的囚禁异议份子 |
[10:32] | Yes. | 压迫它的…这个那个一大堆 |
[10:33] | “Okay, oppressed its blah, blah, blah. | |
[10:35] | “At the same time | 但在此同时 |
[10:37] | “Your administration has refused to engage cuba. | 你的政府却拒绝与古巴合作 |
[10:39] | Why the double standard?” | 为何有这样的双重标准? |
[10:40] | Interesting question. | 很有意思的问题 |
[10:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 托比 |
[10:42] | Toby… | 托比 |
[10:43] | We need an answer on cuba. | 我们需要关于古巴 |
[10:44] | We need an answer on cuba And we need an answer on farm loans. | 和农地贷款的答案 |
[10:47] | College students aren’t going to ask a question about cuba. | 大学生不会问关于古巴的问题 那里也会有教职员 |
[10:50] | There’ll be faculty there. | 我不但不知道 |
[10:51] | Not only did I not know That you had a brother on the space shuttle | 你有个弟弟现在太空梭上 |
[10:54] | Yeah. I didn’t know you had a brother. | 我根本不知道你有弟弟 对 |
[10:55] | I do. I didn’t know you had a brother. | 我不知道你有弟弟 |
[10:57] | Do you know why the space shuttle didn’t land last night? | 我有弟弟 |
[10:59] | Why? | 你知道太空梭 昨晚为什么没降落吗? 为什么? |
[11:01] | Were you aware the space shuttle | 你知道太空梭原本预定 |
[11:02] | Was supposed to land last night and didn’t? | 昨晚降落但没降落吗 |
[11:04] | What do you want from me, sam? | 你找我干嘛?山姆 |
[11:06] | Is there something going on on the shuttle? | 太空梭出事了吗? |
[11:07] | I’ll find out. | 我会查清楚 谢谢 |
[11:09] | Thank you, and write me an answer on cuba. | 顺便替我写个古巴的答案 |
[11:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:14] | Donna, did you get me a meeting | 唐娜 |
[11:16] | With the vice president? | 你替我安排跟副总统见面了吗 |
[11:17] | I did, but you’re not going to be happy. | 有,但你一定不喜欢 |
[11:19] | Jogging. yes. | 慢跑 |
[11:21] | We couldn’t really, this time, just sit in chairs? | 难道不能坐下来谈吗? |
[11:22] | He’s jogging at 2:00. | 他两点钟要跑步 |
[11:24] | It’s the only time he could fit you in. | 这是他唯一有空的时间 |
[11:25] | Okay, order me boiled chicken and some pasta. | 替我叫点烤鸡和面食 |
[11:27] | Nothing like a meeting you have to carb-up for. | 我必须为这次会面提供热量 |
[11:30] | You’re supposed to be at the town hall prep right now. | 你现在该去演讲会预演 好,我要去新闻室了 |
[11:32] | Yeah, I’m going to the pressroom. | 他们十分钟前开始了 |
[11:33] | They started ten minutes ago. | 他们十分钟前开始了 |
[11:34] | Donna? | 唐娜 什么事? |
[11:35] | Yeah? | 我的椅子呢? 我们得走了 |
[11:37] | Where’s my chair? | 我的椅子呢? 我们得走了 |
[11:38] | We have to go. | 我的椅子呢? 什么椅子? |
[11:39] | Where’s my chair? | 我的椅子呢? 什么椅子? |
[11:40] | What chair? | 我办公桌的椅子 送修了 |
[11:41] | The chair I sit in at my desk. | 我办公桌的椅子 |
[11:42] | It’s at the shop. | 送修了 |
[11:43] | At the shop? | 送修? |
[11:45] | You said one of the wheels was wobbly. | 你说有个轮子快掉了 |
[11:47] | Yeah, you call a guy from maintenance. | 没错,请维修部的人 带个螺丝起子来就可以了 |
[11:49] | He brings a screwdriver. | 我把椅子送去修理了 我不知道我们还有修理部 |
[11:50] | Well, I sent it to the shop. | 我把椅子送去修理了 |
[11:51] | I didn’t even know there was a shop. | 我不知道我们还有修理部 |
[11:53] | It’s not so much a shop as it is… | 那不算是修理部 |
[11:54] | What? | 什么? 我的朋友柯提斯 你的朋友柯提斯? |
[11:55] | My friend, curtis. | 我的朋友柯提斯 你的朋友柯提斯? |
[11:56] | Yeah. your friend, curtis… | 在修我的椅子 |
[11:58] | …is fixing my chair? | 我要替他找些工作 |
[11:59] | I’m throwing him some work. | 我要替他找些工作 |
[12:00] | And how much is curtis charging the federal government | 柯提斯替我修椅子 |
[12:02] | To fix the wobbly wheel on my chair? | 要向联邦政府索价多少 |
[12:03] | He said he’d have to take a look at the job. | 他说要先看看椅子的情况 |
[12:05] | At his shop? | 在他的店里? |
[12:06] | Yeah. okay. | 好 |
[12:08] | Mr. President, there are more than 40 million americans | 总统先生 |
[12:10] | Who don’t have health insurance | 美国有四千万人无医疗保险 |
[12:11] | And the majority of them are children. | 其中大部份是儿童 |
[12:13] | In the first year of your presidency | 在你第一年总统任期中 |
[12:15] | You proposed no new… | 你并未提出 |
[12:16] | President: I proposed… …comprehensive solution to the crisis. | 解决此危机的具体方法 |
[12:19] | Can we expect real action in the near future | 我们可以期待 你在最近的将来会采取行动 |
[12:21] | Or will your administration | 或你的政府 |
[12:22] | Continue to nibble around the edges? | 将继续畏缩软弱下去? |
[12:24] | I wouldn’t say my administration’s | 我不认为我的政府畏缩软弱 |
[12:25] | “Nibbled around the edges.” | |
[12:26] | Don’t repeat the phrase, sir. | 不要重覆问题中的用词 |
[12:27] | That’ll be the sound bite. | 那会有反效果 |
[12:28] | If we don’t have a solution | 若我们没有解决方法 |
[12:30] | The very least we can do is acknowledge That there’s a problem. | 至少我们可以承认有困难 |
[12:33] | I agree with you that far too many americans | 我同意太多美国人缺乏 |
[12:34] | Do not have access To the quality affordable health care they deserve | 他们负担得起的医疗保健 |
[12:38] | And it’s intolerable that most of them are children. | 最令人无法忍受的是 这些人大部份是儿童 |
[12:40] | Yes. | 很好 |
[12:42] | We can, and we must do more. | 我们可以也必须做得更好 |
[12:43] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[12:44] | Hang on. now can I blame congress? | 等一下 现在我可以怪罪国会吗? |
[12:46] | Knock yourself out. | 请便 |
[12:47] | ( chuckles ) | 请便 |
[12:49] | Mr. President, I need you in the situation room. | 总统先生,请到军情室来 |
[13:04] | Fitzwallace: good morning, Mr. President. | |
[13:07] | Is the pilot still alive? | 早安,总统先生 飞行员还活着吗? |
[13:08] | He had an aces ii zero/zero ejector seat on board. | 他的飞机上有逃生椅 |
[13:11] | Nato command in brussels says the aegis system | 布鲁塞尔的北大西洋组织说 |
[13:14] | On the north dakota | 收到巴斯拉南部 |
[13:15] | Picked up a tracking signal On the fao peninsula, south of basra. | 法亚半岛上的追踪讯号 |
[13:19] | He’s in the middle of nowhere. | 那里一片荒芜 |
[13:20] | Who else is out there? | 还有谁在那里? |
[13:22] | The fourth corps of the iraqi r.g. | 伊拉克共和军 |
[13:24] | We patrol the area. | 第四兵团会去那里巡逻 |
[13:26] | Somebody’s within ten miles | 距离我们的飞行员只有十哩 |
[13:27] | Of the pilot. | |
[13:28] | Our guy is ten miles from the fourth corps | 我们的人距离伊拉克共和军 |
[13:30] | Of the iraqi republican guards? | 第四兵团只有十哩之遥 |
[13:33] | It’s a matter of who gets there first. | 现在就看谁先赶到 |
[13:35] | Fitz, you got a rescue scenario? | 费兹,你有救援计划吗? |
[13:38] | Yeah. The 16th special operations group | 有,赫伯机场的 |
[13:40] | Out of hurlbert field. | 第十六特种小组 |
[13:41] | They use the pave hawks? | 他们使用铺路鹰 还有MH―53J |
[13:42] | And the mh-53j. | 他们使用铺路鹰 还有MH―53J |
[13:46] | These are specially equipped helicopters. | 这些是特殊装备的直升机 |
[13:47] | They fly tree-top altitude | 能以180海哩速度 |
[13:49] | At about 180 knots. | 飞在树顶高度 |
[13:50] | Man: Mr. President, can I suggest | 总统先生,我可以建议 |
[13:52] | That rather than jumping into a military rescue plan… | 不要急着以军事行动去救援 |
[13:54] | Leo: oh, please. | 拜托… 先考虑打电话给伊拉克大使吗 |
[13:55] | A phone call to iraqi ambass… | 拜托… 先考虑打电话给伊拉克大使吗 |
[13:56] | You want to check with the embassy? | 菲尔,你想跟大使馆联络吗 |
[13:58] | I’m saying, leo | 菲尔,你想跟大使馆联络吗 |
[14:00] | That three hours spent on diplomatic solutions is not… | 我是说花三小时 以外交方式来解决… |
[14:02] | I tell you what, phil. | 这样你看好不好,菲尔 |
[14:04] | How about I drop you and your $47 million | 我把你和价值四千七百万元 |
[14:07] | American warplane that’s already been picked up By iraqi radar in the middle of a desert. | 被雷达侦测到的战机丢到沙漠 |
[14:11] | then you tell me if we’ve got three hours | 你再来告诉我 |
[14:13] | To find a diplomatic solution before we come get you. | 在我们去救你之前 我们是否有三小时 |
[14:16] | What’s his name? | 寻求外交解决之道 |
[14:19] | I’m sorry, sir? | 他叫什么名字? 对不起,总统 |
[14:21] | The pilot. What’s his name? | 飞行员,他叫什么名字? |
[14:22] | Captain scott hotchkiss. Where’s he from? | 史考特哈奇斯上尉 |
[14:26] | Rhode island. | 他是哪里人? |
[14:27] | How old is he? | 罗德岛 |
[14:28] | 26. | 几岁? 二十六岁 |
[14:35] | Rob told me in my intelligence briefing last week | 罗勃在上周的 军情报告中告诉我 |
[14:38] | That the iraqi government has put out a bounty– | 伊拉克政府宣布只要击落 |
[14:41] | The equivalent of $14,000 u.s.– | 美国飞机或活捉美国飞行员 |
[14:43] | For any american plane shot down | 就能得到相当于 |
[14:47] | Or any american soldier captured. | 一万四千美元的赏金 我们的飞机只是在禁区巡逻 |
[14:51] | Now, he was just patrolling the no-fly zone, right? | 对吗? 是的,总统 |
[14:53] | Yes, sir. | 他没有做攻击行动? |
[14:54] | He had not engaged. | 没有,总统 |
[14:55] | No, sir. | 菲尔,若这事件到头来演变成 |
[14:56] | Phil… | 菲尔,若这事件到头来演变成 |
[14:59] | If it ends up fitzwallace has to call this kid’s parents | 费兹必须打电话给 |
[15:02] | I swear to god, I’m invading baghdad. | 这年轻人的父母通知恶耗 我对天发誓我要进军巴格达 |
[15:06] | Get him back. | 把他救回来 |
[15:08] | Yes, sir. | 遵命,总统 |
[15:26] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[15:28] | Oh, c.j., the iraqis shot down | 茜洁,伊拉克在西南禁航区 |
[15:30] | An f-117 nighthawk in the southern No-fly zone. | 击落一架F117夜鹰战机 |
[15:34] | Is the pilot still alive? | 飞行员还活着吗? |
[15:35] | Yeah, but he’s caught | 是的 |
[15:36] | Between a couple of divisions of the republican guard. | 但被伊拉克共和军困住了 |
[15:39] | Is there a pentagon… | 国防部是否… |
[15:40] | Pentagon team’s coming over to brief you. | 国防部会派人来说明状况 |
[15:42] | Is there a rescue mission? | 是否有救援行动? |
[15:44] | President gave the order about an hour ago. | 总统一小时前下命令了 |
[15:47] | If the iraqis shot down an f-117 | 伊拉克若击落我们的飞机 |
[15:49] | They’re going to want to tell the world about it. | 他们一定急着向全世界宣布 |
[15:51] | Yeah. there’s going to be film | 对 |
[15:53] | Of a burning airplane on cnn within two hours. | 两小时之内CNN就会播出 他们焚烧飞机的画面 |
[15:55] | Press’ll have the news before you’re done | 在你们关起门做出任何决定前 媒体就会得到消息 |
[15:56] | With what’s going on in the situation room. Which is the problem | 这就是在新闻快速传递时代 |
[16:00] | Of conducting a covert rescue mission In this age of instant news. | 进行秘密行动的困难之处 |
[16:04] | You understand what I’m telling you? | 这意思你懂吗? 我懂 |
[16:06] | Yes, I do. | 因为几个月前的那件事… |
[16:07] | ’cause there was a problem… | 因为几个月前的那件事… |
[16:08] | Leo, I’m saying… | 几个月前印度和巴基斯坦 |
[16:10] | There was a problem a few months ago With india/pakistan. | 那件事,你不太高兴… |
[16:13] | Leo… you were uncomfortable | 你不太高兴对记者说谎… |
[16:14] | You were uncomfortable lying to the press… | 印度巴基斯坦那件事 我没对记者说谎 |
[16:16] | I wasn’t lying to the press on india/pakistan. | 我是被你骗了 |
[16:19] | I was lied to by you Which made me look like an idiot. | 把我搞得像个白痴似的 |
[16:21] | Well, I’m not lying to you now. | 这次我没骗你 |
[16:24] | Four mh-53j pave lows | |
[16:26] | Carrying 80 guys from the 16th special ops | 四架MH―53J型飞机载着 八十名第十六特种小组人员 |
[16:30] | Are out flying under radar. | 已经出发了 以低空飞行避开雷达侦测 |
[16:33] | We’re going to pay a price | 我们误导新闻界 |
[16:34] | For misleading the press. | 一定会有后遗症的 |
[16:35] | I don’t care. I understand. | 我管不了那么多了 我了解 |
[16:37] | Josh: leo? | 里奥 |
[16:38] | An f-117? | F117战机吗? |
[16:40] | You should go to your briefing. | 你该去向记者简报了 |
[16:44] | Yeah. | F117是隐形战机,对吧 |
[16:45] | An f-117 is a stealth fighter, right? | F117是隐形战机,对吧 |
[16:47] | Yeah. | 我们该讨论一下 伊拉克如何能击落隐形战机 |
[16:48] | At some point, we’ll talk about | 我们该讨论一下 |
[16:49] | How they shot down a stealth fighter. | 伊拉克如何能击落隐形战机 |
[16:51] | You can take that to the bank. | 你可以去跟银行说 |
[16:52] | Anyway, I arranged a meeting with hoynes. | 我跟何因斯安排好要见面了 |
[16:54] | When? | 什么时候? 1小时后 |
[16:55] | In an hour. where? | 什么时候? 1小时后 |
[16:57] | We’re jogging. | 在哪里? 我们要去慢跑 |
[16:58] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[16:59] | Don’t tell him why it’s bad for us. | 别跟他说这事对我们的坏处 |
[17:02] | Tell him why it’s bad for him. | 告诉他这事对他的影响 |
[17:04] | I’m not worried about the meeting. | 我不担心这次会面 |
[17:06] | Come see me after. | 回来后来找我 |
[17:08] | An f-117? yeah. | 对 |
[17:09] | Isn’t that a stealth fighter? yes. | 那不是隐形战机吗? 是的 |
[17:10] | How did it get seen? | 那不是隐形战机吗? 是的 |
[17:11] | I’m sure someone is looking into that. | 怎么会被发现呢? |
[17:13] | I would think so. in its defense | 我相信有人正在调查 我也这么想 |
[17:15] | The stealth fighter’s a generation of technology | 就防御功能而言,隐形战机的 |
[17:17] | Behind the b-2 spirit bomber. | 科技比B2幽灵轰炸机晚一代 |
[17:19] | It’s a stealth fighter. | 既是隐形战机 |
[17:20] | It should have stealth capability, right? | 就应有隐形能力,对吧 |
[17:22] | Sure. ’cause if it doesn’t | 是 如果没有隐形能力 就应叫别的名字 |
[17:23] | We should call it something else. | 是啊 |
[17:25] | Hello. | |
[17:26] | Hi. | |
[17:27] | One of the payload bay doors would not close. | 太空梭有个舱门无法关闭 |
[17:29] | I’m sorry? specifically | 你说什么? |
[17:32] | The starboard payload bay door. | 特别是右侧舱门 |
[17:34] | Sam, if your ass isn’t off my desk | 山姆,请不要坐在我的桌上 |
[17:37] | And I mean stat… | 这不是他的第一次太空梭任务 |
[17:38] | This is not his first shuttle. | 是第四次 |
[17:40] | It is his fourth shuttle mission. | 大卫齐格博士 |
[17:41] | Dr. David ziegler | 拥有生理学和生物学的 |
[17:42] | Holding postgraduate degrees In both physiology and biology. | 博士双学位 |
[17:45] | Now I know more about your brother than you | 现在我对你弟弟的认识 比你更多 |
[17:47] | Since I didn’t know you had a brother. | 因为我不知道你有弟弟 |
[17:49] | A payload bay door wouldn’t close? | 舱门无法关闭? |
[17:50] | I talked to the mission commander at nasa | 我和太空总署的任务指挥官 |
[17:52] | A guy named peter jobson. | 彼德强森通过电话 |
[17:53] | He said a power drive unit | 他说右侧舱门的 |
[17:54] | On the starboard payload bay door was jammed. | 动力开关卡住了 |
[17:56] | They’re going to need an e.v.a. To fix it | 需要用紧急探视器修理 |
[17:58] | And they didn’t want to land till the morning. | 他们要等天亮再降落 |
[18:00] | It’s morning every 45 minutes on the shuttle. | 在太空梭上 每45分钟就天亮一次 |
[18:02] | Morning at edwards. | 爱德华空军基地的天亮 现在天亮了 |
[18:03] | It’s morning right now. | 修理需要一点时间 |
[18:04] | The e.v.a.’s taking them a little time. | 修理需要一点时间 |
[18:06] | Well, it’s a red-letter day for u.s. Aviation, isn’t it? | 今天对美国航空界 |
[18:12] | Peter jobson was very calm. | 真是个特殊的大日子 |
[18:13] | He said it was a minor problem. | 托比,彼德强森很冷静 他说那是个小问题 |
[18:14] | All right, go back to work. | 好,回去工作 |
[18:16] | C.j. Needs the briefing room. | 简报室茜洁要用 |
[18:17] | Let’s move prep to the roosevelt room | 所以等总统有空 |
[18:18] | When the president’s free. | 我们的预演移到罗斯福厅去 |
[18:20] | I don’t believe he’s going to get anything on cuba | 我想不会有人提出古巴的问题 |
[18:23] | But we’re working out an answer. | 但我们正在想答案 还有老师的问题 |
[18:24] | Also on teachers. | 好,山姆 |
[18:25] | Okay. Sam, keep in touch | 跟彼德强森保持联络 |
[18:28] | With peter jobson | 太空梭一降落 |
[18:29] | And let me know as soon as it lands, would you? | 马上通知我,好吗? |
[18:32] | Yeah. Yeah. toby? | 托比 |
[18:36] | Cnn’s got the nighthawk. | CNN在播夜鹰战机的新闻 |
[18:37] | Thank you. Josh: there was a reckless deregulation | 谢谢 |
[18:41] | Of the s&l industry by a democratic congress | 民主党国会中 储蓄贷款业的捐款泛滥 |
[18:44] | That was flooded with s&l contributions | 因此他们轻率地撤消了 对储贷业的管制规定 |
[18:46] | A disaster which nearly collapsed the banking system | 这个灾难差点拖垮银行业 |
[18:48] | And cost taxpayers $500 billion. Hoynes: what’s your point? | 也让纳税人多付了五千亿元 |
[18:52] | We’re no better with the money than they are. | 你的重点是什么? 钱的事我们跟他们半斤八两 这我知道 |
[18:53] | Tell me about it. | 捐给民主党的政治献金 |
[18:55] | Three-quarters of all soft money | 有2/3不是来自工会团体 |
[18:56] | Going into the democratic party | 而是来自企业界 |
[18:58] | Isn’t coming from labor unions. | 而是来自企业界 |
[18:59] | It’s coming from corporations. | 对,我知道 上次选举期间 有超过一百家企业 |
[19:00] | Yes, I know. | 上次选举期间 有超过一百家企业 |
[19:02] | Over a hundred businesses paid both parties | 捐给两党的金额 |
[19:04] | An excess of $125,000 in the last election. | 都各超过十二万五千元 |
[19:06] | They give it to both parties. | 他们两党都捐 |
[19:08] | That isn’t free speech or political values, Mr. Vice president. | 这不是言论自由 或政治价值,副总统先生 |
[19:12] | I don’t know how we’ve done it | 我不知我们是怎么做的 |
[19:14] | But we’ve legalized bribery. Yep. | 但我们把贿赂合法化了 |
[19:17] | So, what we’ve got are two corporate parties– | 所以现在我们有两个政党 一个反堕胎,一个赞成堕胎 |
[19:20] | One pro-life, one pro-choice. | 乔西,当我要你说重点时 |
[19:21] | When I said “What’s your point?” I meant, “What’s your point?” | 请你说重点 |
[19:24] | We’ve noticed a sudden increase | 我们注意到民主党 |
[19:26] | In the amount of racquetball and late-night poker games | 反对竞选财务改革的人 |
[19:29] | With democratic opponents of campaign finance reform. | 突然热中起 打回力球和深夜扑克牌局 |
[19:32] | Oh, come on, josh, this is washington, d.c. | 别大惊小怪,这里是华府 |
[19:33] | You can’t swing a dead cat | 到处都有民主党 |
[19:35] | Without hitting a democratic opponent Of campaign finance reform. | 反对竞选财务改革的人 |
[19:38] | Can we stop running a second? | 我们可以停下来一会吗? |
[19:41] | Yeah. | |
[19:42] | You’re backing the wrong horse. | 你押错宝了 |
[19:44] | You read the same polls I do. | |
[19:46] | The president’s gone up nine points in three weeks– | 你看的民调跟我一样 |
[19:49] | 51% job approval, big deal– | 总统的支持度三周内 上升了九点 |
[19:51] | But he’s going on national television tonight. | 51%的认同度 没什么了不起 |
[19:54] | He’s going to pick up another five. | 但今晚他又要上全国电视 支持度会再升五点 |
[19:57] | That’s 56%– a 14-point bump in a month. | 变成56% |
[19:59] | Look, josh… now, that’s daunting… | 也就是一个月内跃升十四点 |
[20:01] | Hang on. | 这很吓人,但别急 |
[20:02] | If we bring this air force pilot back alive | 若我们能把这名飞行员 |
[20:04] | That’s another ten points | 活着救出来,还会上升十点 |
[20:06] | And we’re off to the races with a job approval rating | 我们的认同度就超过65点 |
[20:08] | In the high 60s. | |
[20:09] | Every democratic congressman in a tight race is paying a buck | 每个选情紧张的民主党 |
[20:12] | To have their picture taken with the president. | 国会议员都会想和总统合照 |
[20:14] | You’re looking around the racquetball courts saying | 那时你到回力球场去 |
[20:17] | “Where did everybody go?” You’ve had some experience | 你会问:大家都到哪里去了 |
[20:19] | Battling jed bartlet when he’s right | 当杰德巴特勒的主张是正确时 你有跟他对抗的经验 |
[20:21] | And you’ve had some experience battling him when he’s popular. | 当他受欢迎时 你也有跟他对抗的经验 |
[20:25] | Why in the world would you want to try it | 现在他既正确又受欢迎时 |
[20:27] | When he’s both at the same time? | 为何你还想再跟他唱反调? |
[20:29] | You know something, josh? | 乔西,有时我在想 |
[20:31] | Sometimes I wonder if I’d listened to you two years ago | 若两年前我听你的话 |
[20:36] | Would I be president right now? | 现在当总统的会不会是我? |
[20:38] | You ever wonder that? | 你有怀疑过吗? |
[20:45] | No, sir, I know it for sure. | 不,我有十足把握 |
[20:52] | I’m done. | 我说完了,谢谢你的时间 |
[20:53] | Thank you for your time, sir. | |
[21:14] | Good afternoon. | 午安 |
[21:16] | A u.s. Air force f-117a | 一架美国空军 |
[21:18] | Nighthawk stealth fighter attack aircraft | F117夜鹰隐形战斗机 |
[21:21] | Flying a routine patrol | 由科威特艾尔杰伯基地起飞 |
[21:23] | Out of al jaber air force base in kuwait | 执行一般巡逻任务时 |
[21:26] | Was shot down over the southern no-fly zone in iraq. | 在伊拉克西南方禁航区遭击落 |
[21:30] | At this point, we don’t know the condition of the pilot. | 到目前为止 我们不知飞行员情况为何 |
[21:33] | We do know the plane carries an aces ii zero/zero ejector seat | 我们只知道机上配备的 |
[21:36] | And that it was activated. | 逃生椅启动了 |
[21:37] | General richmond and general clancy | 瑞奇蒙和克蓝西两位将军 |
[21:39] | Will talk more about that in a moment. | 待会有详细报告 |
[21:41] | Reporters: c.j.! | 茜洁 丹尼 |
[21:42] | Is there a rescue mission underway? | 救援行动在进行了吗? |
[21:44] | There are a number of scenarios being contemplated | 显然有好几个方案在考虑中 |
[21:47] | But I wouldn’t want to speculate. | 但请勿擅加臆测 |
[21:48] | We have been in touch with the iraqi government | 我们和伊拉克政府联络过 |
[21:50] | And the president is looking for a diplomatic solution. | 总统正在寻求外交解决途径 |
[21:53] | Reporter: there have been no military moves? | 没有军事行动? 没有 |
[21:54] | No. | 茜洁… 克里斯 |
[21:55] | Reporters: c.j.? | 茜洁… |
[21:57] | Chris. | 克里斯 |
[22:02] | You could tag congress as being obstructionist | 你可以说是国会从中作梗 |
[22:03] | But you first have to list your own accomplishments | 但你先得列出自己的成就 否则你没有任何可信度 |
[22:06] | Or you don’t have any credibility. | 为五百万贫穷的孩童增加保障 |
[22:07] | Expanding coverage for 5 million more poor children. | 是 |
[22:09] | Making health care portable for people who change jobs. | 为变更工作的人延续健保 |
[22:12] | You could also list the agenda for the coming year. | 你也可以列出明年的工作目标 |
[22:14] | You know what’s hard about this, c.j.? | 你知道哪里不对吗?茜洁 |
[22:15] | Sir? | 总统先生… |
[22:17] | I’m rehearsing here | 我在这里排练,但却没有水壶 |
[22:19] | Without the pitcher and the glass | 和玻璃杯,我觉得很奇怪 |
[22:20] | And it’s totally weird for me. | 好 |
[22:22] | What about him taking his jacket off? | 你们觉得要不要脱掉外套 |
[22:24] | I like it. no. | 不要 |
[22:25] | It’ll look staged. | 我觉得不错 看起来假假的 |
[22:26] | Not if he does it at the right moment. | 看起来假假的 在恰当的时候脱就不会 |
[22:28] | Then throw it over his shoulder? | 脱掉后要怎么办? |
[22:29] | Maybe. | 披在肩膀上? |
[22:31] | I’m also not wild about that handheld mike. | 也许 |
[22:34] | Can we get him wired? | 我也不喜欢手拿式麦克风 |
[22:35] | No. With the mike, the stool | 可以用配戴式的吗 |
[22:36] | And the jacket over my shoulder | 不行,因为有麦克风 凳子和肩膀上的外套 |
[22:38] | I can do the town hall meeting | 我除了演讲还可以跳起舞来 |
[22:39] | Then do a couple of sets | |
[22:40] | At the copa. | |
[22:41] | Hey. | |
[22:43] | My musical director, zoey bartlet. | 我的音乐指导,柔伊巴特勒 |
[22:44] | Are you working? | |
[22:46] | We’re down to do I or do I not take my jacket off. | 你在工作吗? 我们正在讨论我该不该脱外套 |
[22:48] | Want to know what I think? | 你想知道我的看法吗? |
[22:49] | I honestly couldn’t care less. | 我实在一点都不在乎 |
[22:51] | I want you to come with us tonight. | 我要你今晚跟我们去 |
[22:53] | I was… Dad, are you sweating? | 我要… |
[22:55] | I’m fine. | 爹,你在流汗吗? 我很好 |
[22:56] | Yeah. are you sure? | 你确定? 是的 |
[22:58] | Zoey… you took your pills? | 你吃药了吗? 柔伊… |
[22:59] | Fine. Go ahead and collapse. | 好,尽管昏倒吧 |
[23:01] | Are you channeling mom now? | 你妈附在你身上了吗? |
[23:02] | Dad… | 爹… |
[23:04] | Come to virginia tonight. | 今晚跟我们去维吉尼亚 |
[23:05] | I can watch on tv. | 我可以看电视 |
[23:06] | It’s not like being there in person. | 亲自到现场的感觉不一样 |
[23:08] | You’re going to talk about me And the camera’s going to go on me | 你会提到我,摄影会照我 |
[23:10] | And my face is going to turn red. It’s just going to be awful for me. | 我会脸红,糗死了 |
[23:14] | Bonus, then it’s settled. | 这是红利,那就说定了 |
[23:15] | Listen, charlie wanted | 听着,查理有事要找你 |
[23:17] | To say something during prep. | |
[23:20] | Okay. | 我要去找妈 |
[23:21] | I’m going to go see mom. | 你今晚会去? |
[23:22] | And you’re coming tonight? | 对 |
[23:24] | Thanks. yeah. | 谢谢 吉娜 |
[23:28] | All right, everyone, we’re done. | 各位,排练到此为止 |
[23:30] | Thanks very much. | 谢谢大家 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[23:33] | Charlie, zoey said you had something | 查理,柔伊说你有事要告诉我 |
[23:34] | You wanted to mention. | 查理,柔伊说你有事要告诉我 |
[23:36] | I’m sorry, sir? | 对不起,总统? |
[23:37] | There’s something you wanted to mention? | 柔伊说你要事要告诉我 没有,总统 |
[23:39] | No, sir. you sure? | 你确定? |
[23:40] | Yes, sir. There was just… I’m sorry. | 是的,总统,有一件… |
[23:42] | There was a misunderstanding. | 对不起,她大概误会了 |
[23:44] | Okay. | 总统先生 什么事? |
[23:45] | Mr. President? yeah? | 总统先生 什么事? |
[23:46] | I was thinking it might not be a bad idea | 我想我们或许可以 |
[23:49] | To have a signal worked out. | 设定一个暗号 |
[23:50] | A signal for what? | 做什么的暗号? |
[23:51] | Good news regarding the pilot | 你在演讲时 |
[23:53] | And it comes while you’re on television. | 若有飞行员的好消息传来 |
[23:55] | What kind of signal did you have in mind? | 你觉得用什么样的暗号好? |
[23:57] | Something like this. | 像这样的手势 |
[24:01] | Just very subtle, very simple. | 既巧妙又简单 |
[24:06] | What is that? | 那是什么意思? |
[24:08] | It’s a departure. It’s a safe departure. | 飞机起飞,安全起飞 |
[24:11] | Would you like a different signal? No, that one’s good. | 你想要别的暗号吗 |
[24:14] | Should I spread it around? | 不用,这个很好 要不要我去告诉大家 |
[24:16] | I think it’s going to get around all by itself | 我想它自然会流传出去 |
[24:18] | But if you want to help it along a little There’s nothing wrong with that. | 但若你想帮点忙,也无不可 |
[24:21] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[24:26] | ( knocking ) | |
[24:28] | Leo: hey, josh. | 乔西 |
[24:29] | What’s going on? | |
[24:31] | I just talked to hoynes. | 出了什么事? |
[24:32] | Is he in? | 我刚跟何因斯谈过 |
[24:34] | Yeah, he’s on board. | 他要加入吗? |
[24:35] | You did a good job. | 对,他要加入,你做得很好 |
[24:37] | Good. | 很好 |
[24:38] | Josh… yeah? | 很好 |
[24:39] | Did you happen to say to him | 乔西 什么事? |
[24:41] | That if scott hotchkiss comes back alive | 你是否跟他说 若飞行员活着回来 |
[24:43] | There’ll be a ten-point bump? | 民调支持度会跃升十点 |
[24:46] | I did. I got to tell you | 对 |
[24:50] | If the president ever heard about that | 我要告诉你 |
[24:52] | He’d be out of his skin. | 万一总统听到,他会跳起来 |
[24:54] | Leo… don’t do that. | 别说这种话,连私下都不行 |
[24:55] | I was just… not even in private. | 别说这种话,连私下都不行 |
[24:57] | The guy’s been blown out of the sky. | 那飞行员被炸得飞上天 |
[24:59] | He could be seriously injured. | 可能受了重伤 |
[25:01] | For sure he’s in an iraqi desert with no water. | 可以确定的是他在 伊拉克沙漠里,连水都没带 |
[25:03] | He’s got to keep radio silence | 他不能使用无线电 |
[25:05] | ’cause we’re not the only ones looking for him | 因为不止只有我们在找他 |
[25:08] | And if they get to him first | 若被他们捷足先登 |
[25:10] | And if all he gives them is name, rank and serial number | 他只能说姓名、军阶和编号 |
[25:13] | They’re going to beat him, josh. | 他们会对他刑求,严刑逼供 |
[25:15] | They’re going to torture him. | |
[25:17] | This is to say nothing of 80 guys in the helicopter | 更别提还有搭直升机 去救他的八十个人 |
[25:20] | Who are going to get shot at | 若被雷达发现 他们也会被击落 |
[25:21] | If they’re picked up underneath the radar. | 若被雷达发现 他们也会被击落 |
[25:24] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[25:26] | I know the president’s been joking around all day | 我知道总统整天都在说说笑笑 |
[25:30] | But he’s been living and dying with every hour of this | 但其实他内心备受煎熬 |
[25:32] | And he’d be really offended if he knew | 若他知道你在谈论政治利益 |
[25:34] | You were discussing a political upside | 他会很生气 |
[25:36] | And I got to tell, josh | 我得告诉你 |
[25:37] | As a guy who flew planes in the war | 我从前打仗时开过飞机 |
[25:39] | I was really offended, too. | 我也很生气 |
[25:41] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[25:42] | Okay. | |
[25:44] | Okay. | |
[25:46] | You did good today. | 你今天做得很好 |
[25:47] | I’m just saying there’s a way to be a person. | 我只是要提醒你做人的道理 |
[25:49] | I apologize. | 我向你道歉 |
[25:50] | Your apology’s accepted. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[25:53] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[25:55] | It looked like you wanted to hug me. | 我以为你要拥抱我 |
[25:59] | Oh, man, did you read that wrong. | 你可是误会大了 |
[26:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:07] | Oh, hey, sam was here before. | 山姆刚来过 |
[26:10] | We’ve got some kind of signal? | 我们定了一个暗号? |
[26:12] | Yeah, for if we know something during the town hall. | 如果演讲时有消息的话 |
[26:14] | It’s going to be days. maybe not. | 可能要好几天才会有消息 |
[26:15] | What’s the signal? | 也许不用 暗号是什么? |
[26:16] | It’s this here. | 暗号是什么? |
[26:18] | What is that? | 这样的手势 |
[26:19] | That’s the signal. | 那是什么? |
[26:21] | Looks like a hip-hop gesture. | 就是我们的暗号 看起来像流行舞 |
[26:23] | It’s, uh, a plane taking off. | 是飞机起飞 |
[26:24] | It doesn’t look like a plane taking off. | 不像飞机起飞 |
[26:26] | It means something good has happened. | 这表示有好消息 这就表示有坏消息 |
[26:28] | This means something bad has happened. | 这表示有好消息 我知道了 |
[26:30] | I got it. you don’t have to be a cryptographer… | 不必是密码专家也能… |
[26:32] | I said I’ve got it. | 我说我知道了 |
[26:33] | Leo… | 里奥 |
[26:37] | I really do apologize. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[26:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:48] | Zoey? Can I talk to you in here? | 柔伊,我可以在这里 |
[26:49] | Yeah. | 跟你说几句话吗? |
[26:51] | I wish you hadn’t done that. | 好 |
[26:52] | You needed prompting. | 我真希望你没那样做 |
[26:53] | I can’t believe you chickened out. | 你需要激励 我真不敢相信你居然临阵退缩 |
[26:55] | I didn’t chicken out and I didn’t need prompting. | 我没有临阵退缩 我也不需要激励 |
[26:57] | It’s just inappropriate. | 那样并不妥当 我和你父亲的关系跟你不一样 |
[26:58] | I don’t have the same relationship | 那样并不妥当 |
[26:59] | With your father that you have. | 我和你父亲的关系跟你不一样 |
[27:01] | I don’t have the same relationship that the staff has. | 我和总统的关系 也跟幕僚人员不一样 |
[27:03] | I don’t think it’s out of line | 我不认为 |
[27:04] | For you to put your two cents in. | 你提出建议是很离谱的事 |
[27:05] | I’m sorry, we’re using your office… | 对不起,我们只是借用一下… |
[27:07] | You can keep fighting in a second. | 你们待会就可以继续吵架 |
[27:09] | I just need to find something. | 我只是来找点东西 |
[27:10] | I also do not think it was out of line | 我也不认为 |
[27:12] | For me to have stuck up for you | 我为你说话是离谱的事 |
[27:14] | Since you were clearly chicken. | 因为你显然是个胆小鬼 |
[27:15] | Zoey, I work in a building | 柔伊,我跟全世界 |
[27:17] | With the smartest people in the world. ( josh grunts ) | 最聪明的人一起工作 |
[27:22] | Donna! | 唐娜 |
[27:25] | Hi. | |
[27:26] | How you doing? | 你好 |
[27:28] | We should get something temporary | 我们该找个临时的椅子 |
[27:30] | So that doesn’t happen. Josh: yeah. | 以免发生这种事 |
[27:32] | Anyway, I wish you wouldn’t do that anymore. | 总之我希望 你以后不要再这么做 |
[27:34] | Okay, but you’re wrong. | 好,但你错了,待会见 |
[27:36] | I’ll see you later. | |
[27:43] | Come in. | 请进 |
[27:45] | What do you know? | 你查到什么? |
[27:46] | Listen. sam… | 你查到什么? 听我说 山姆 |
[27:48] | No, no, it’s not… | 不,不是… |
[27:50] | Cathy’s getting peter jobson on the phone for you. He’s going to tell you about this. | 凯西正在替你接通彼德强森 |
[27:54] | Sam? | 他会告诉你情况 山姆… |
[27:56] | There was a screwup when they closed the door. | 舱门在关闭时出了状况 |
[27:58] | They were doing something which is called a manual winch-op | 他们关掉马达 |
[28:01] | Which means they disconnect the motor from the door | 想用人工摇柄来修复 |
[28:04] | And somehow, either as a result of that | 但可能是这样的关系 |
[28:06] | Of something completely unrelated The two o.m.s. Engines are failing. | 两具OMS引擎都失灵了 |
[28:11] | O.m.s. Are the orbital maneuvering systems. | OMS是环绕轨道操控系统 |
[28:17] | Do you know if they have primary r.c.s.? | 你知道他们是否有反应控制器 |
[28:19] | That’s what they’re trying now. Toby? | 他们现在做的就是这个 |
[28:24] | If this were at a certain level | 托比,若真到了紧急阶段 |
[28:25] | They would’ve called the president. | 他们会通知总统的 |
[28:27] | Yeah. | 好 |
[28:28] | Seriously. | 好 真的 |
[28:29] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[28:32] | Anyway, cathy’s getting peter jobson. | 总之凯西在联络彼德强森 |
[28:37] | Before, when you first asked me | 你头一次来问我时 |
[28:40] | The reason I reacted the way I did– | 我之所以有那样的反应 |
[28:44] | I was just embarrassed, ’cause, honestly, i… | 是因为我很尴尬,老实说… |
[28:49] | Forgot he was up there. | 我忘了他在太空梭上 |
[28:55] | They had switched his mission order around a couple of times | 他出任务的顺序经常变动 |
[28:59] | And I just lost track of it. Cathy: toby | 所以我也搞太不清楚 |
[29:02] | Peter jobson on “O”-five. | 托比,彼德强森在五线 |
[29:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:17] | Yeah. | |
[29:25] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 什么事? |
[29:26] | Yeah. | 总统先生 什么事? |
[29:27] | Admiral fitzwallace phoned. he’s on his way over. | 费兹将军来过电话 他正要过来 |
[29:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:30] | Would you like anything? no, thank you. | 你需要什么吗? 不用,谢谢 |
[29:33] | Hey, what was it that zoey was talking about before? | 柔伊说的那件事究竟是什么? |
[29:35] | It was nothing, sir. | 没什么,总统 |
[29:37] | What was it? | 是什么? |
[29:38] | It was, uh… it was just | 是…有份报告在 |
[29:40] | There’s been a report that’s been sitting on your desk For a few weeks. | 你桌上摆了好几星期 |
[29:44] | It has? | 是吗? 其实是我的桌上 所以我看了一下 |
[29:45] | Well, my desk, really. | 其实是我的桌上 |
[29:46] | And so I was reading it | 所以我看了一下 |
[29:48] | And in prep this last week, you’ve been having discussions | 这一整个星期以来 |
[29:50] | With the senior staff about youth participation | 你跟资深幕僚在准备关于 |
[29:52] | In the political process. | 青少年参与政治活动的演讲 |
[29:53] | You were saying… | 你们说到… |
[29:54] | What’s the report? | 那是什么报告? |
[29:55] | It’s from a group called | 一个叫另类政策中心的组织 |
[29:57] | The center for policy alternatives | 所做的报告 |
[29:58] | And there’s some things in there that hit home with me | 里面有些内容我觉得满好的 |
[30:01] | And I had mentioned it to zoey, and that’s why… | 所以我跟柔伊提起,因此… |
[30:03] | Mr. President, chairman fitzwallace. | 总统先生 |
[30:05] | Thank you. | 费兹主席来了 谢谢 |
[30:06] | Charlie, whatever it is | 查理,不管那是什么报告 |
[30:07] | Stick it in my briefcase for me, would you? | 替我塞进公事包里 |
[30:09] | Yes, sir. thank you. | 是的,总统 谢谢 |
[30:10] | Mr. President. fitz, do you have any news at all? | 查理 主席 总统先生 |
[30:13] | Actually, I think I’m going to have something | 费兹,有任何消息吗? |
[30:15] | In just a minute. | 马上会有 |
[30:16] | They’ll put the call through here. | 他们会打电话到这里来 |
[30:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:19] | Do you mind if I wait with you, sir? | 你介意我跟你一起等吗? |
[30:21] | No. | 不会 |
[30:26] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉如何? |
[30:28] | I feel fine. | |
[30:29] | Yeah? | 我很好 是吗? |
[30:31] | Yeah, I feel fine. | 是的,我很好 |
[30:36] | The eagle on the seal in the carpet… | 地毯上徽章里的老鹰 |
[30:40] | In one talon, he’s holding arrows | 一只鹰爪抓着箭 |
[30:43] | And in the other, an olive branch. | 另一只抓着橄榄枝叶 |
[30:45] | Most of the time, the eagle’s facing the olive branch | 大部份徽章里的老鹰 是面向橄榄 |
[30:48] | But when congress declares war, the eagle faces the arrows. | 但国会对外宣战时 |
[30:53] | How do they do that? | 老鹰就面向着箭 |
[30:54] | Do you think they’ve got a second carpet | 怎么会这样? |
[30:57] | Sitting around in the basement someplace? | 你认为地下室 |
[31:00] | I don’t know. | 还有另一张备用地毯吗? |
[31:02] | Maybe this piece in the middle cuts out | 我不知道 |
[31:04] | And they do it like a basketball court. | 也许中间这块可以更换 像篮球场一样 |
[31:07] | I honestly don’t know, fitz. | 我真的不知道 |
[31:08] | Excuse me, chairman | 我真的不知道 |
[31:09] | That’s your call– the blinking light. | 对不起,主席,有你的电话 |
[31:11] | Thank you. | 在闪的那一线 |
[31:12] | I’ll stop bugging you in just a minute, Mr. President. | 谢谢 |
[31:15] | Yeah. | 我很快就不再烦你,总统先生 |
[31:17] | Thanks. Mr. President | 谢谢 |
[31:22] | I have captain scott hotchkiss on the phone. | 总统先生 史考特哈奇斯上尉在电话线上 |
[31:24] | He’s cleared iraqi airspace | 他已离开伊拉克领空 |
[31:26] | And he’s on his way to tel aviv. | 正在往特拉维夫途中 |
[31:30] | Fitz… | 费兹… |
[31:32] | Congratulations, sir. | 恭喜你,总统先生 |
[31:34] | The kid’s all right? | 那个年轻人没事了? |
[31:36] | He’s got a sprained ankle. | 他的脚踝扭伤了 |
[31:37] | Well, that’s… | 救援行动干得好极了 主席先生 |
[31:39] | That’s a job awfully well done, Mr. Chairman. | 救援行动干得好极了 主席先生 |
[31:42] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢夸奖,总统先生 |
[31:43] | I owe you one. | 我欠你一份情 |
[31:44] | Nah, that’s not how it works. | 不要这么说 |
[31:45] | All the same | 虽然如此 |
[31:47] | I’m going to check out that thing with carpet. | 我会去把地毯的事问清楚 |
[31:49] | Talk to the pilot. | 跟飞行员说话 |
[31:51] | Seriously, I’m going to get an answer for you on that. | 真的,我会给你答案 |
[31:54] | Captain hotchkiss, this is president bartlet. | 哈奇斯上尉,我是巴特勒总统 |
[31:57] | How’s your ankle? | 你的脚踝伤得严重吗? |
[31:59] | Good. | |
[32:01] | Uh, before you say another word | 很好 |
[32:03] | Give me your parents’ phone number. | 在你说话前 告诉我你父母的电话号码 |
[32:05] | I never get to make this call. | 我还没机会打给他们 |
[32:07] | Radar officers aboard the minneapolis | 明尼亚波利斯号的雷达员 |
[32:08] | Monitored captain hotchkiss As his plane went what’s called “Feet dry” | 测到哈奇斯上尉的飞行方向 |
[32:13] | South of the 33rd parallel. | 是朝33纬度线以南行进 |
[32:14] | All: c.j.! | |
[32:15] | C.j.: katie. | 茜洁… 凯蒂 |
[32:16] | Did we use saudi arabian airspace, and if so | 我们是否使用沙乌地领空 |
[32:18] | Was it with the saudis’ permission? | 是的话,是否经过沙乌地同意 |
[32:20] | We did use saudi airspace. | 我们确实使用了沙乌地领空 |
[32:21] | We flew secretly on the way in. | 进去时是秘密前进 |
[32:23] | They were informed of the mission on the way out. | 出来时才通知他们 |
[32:25] | Man: is that when the british were told? | 在这时候才告知英国的吗? 是的 |
[32:27] | That’s when the british were told. | 茜洁… |
[32:29] | It’s after 7:00 | 各位,现在已经过了七点 |
[32:30] | And we have to ride buses to arlington. | 我们必须搭交通车赶往阿灵顿 |
[32:32] | This material will be covered in much greater detail | 今晚我们回来后半小时 |
[32:34] | At the pentagon briefing which will begin 30 minutes | 将召开国防部记者会 |
[32:37] | After our return. that’s all for now. | 那时会有更详细的内容 现在到此为止 |
[32:38] | All: c.j.! | 茜洁… |
[32:40] | Excuse me. Carol: nice! | 借过 |
[32:45] | And I want to congratulate you, carol. | 了不起 |
[32:47] | I really thought I was going to see saudi arabia | 我要向你道贺,卡洛 你没把沙乌地阿拉伯拼错 |
[32:50] | Spelled with a “Y.” | 我的拼字能力没你想的那么差 |
[32:51] | C.j., I am a much better speller | |
[32:52] | Than you give me credit for. | 是的,特拉维夫只有一个L |
[32:54] | Yes. One “L” in tel aviv? | |
[32:55] | Okay. | 茜洁 |
[32:56] | Danny: c.j.? In the office. | 到办公室谈 |
[33:01] | Danny, I don’t even want to hear it. | 丹尼,我不想听 我做的完全正确 |
[33:02] | I did exactly the right thing. | 丹尼,我不想听 |
[33:03] | Your nose is bent out of joint | 我做的完全正确 |
[33:05] | And I don’t give a damn. | 就算你受了再大的委屈 我也不在乎 |
[33:06] | You told me point-blank | 你当时直视着我明明就说… |
[33:07] | You were working on a diplomatic… | 你们在寻求外交解决途径 |
[33:08] | You looked at me… | 你明明就说没有军事… |
[33:10] | What’d you think I was going to do– | 你以为我会怎么做 |
[33:12] | Give you longitude and latitude? | 告诉你经纬度吗? |
[33:13] | Do you want the frequency we were transmitting on? | 你要我说出 他们使用的无线电频率吗? |
[33:16] | You didn’t have to answer the question. | 你大可不必回答 我必须回答 |
[33:17] | You could have said, “We’re not ruling anything in or out | 你可以说:丹尼 我们不排除任何可能性 |
[33:20] | And I won’t let you take me down that path” | 我也不会被你牵着鼻子走 |
[33:21] | And it would have been done with. | 那样不就没事了 |
[33:23] | If by standing up and lying, I misdirected | 如果我当众说谎可以对 |
[33:24] | The iraqi counterintelligence for even half a beat | 伊拉克的反情报作业 |
[33:27] | Then it was absolutely worth it– that’s a no-brainer– | 造成一丝误导,那就值得了 |
[33:29] | And if I didn’t, then it certainly was worth trying. | 这没什么不能了解的 若无法误导他们,试试也无妨 |
[33:31] | There are only 50 people | 全世界只有五十个人 |
[33:33] | Who can’t understand why I lied this morning | 不了解今天上午我为何说谎 |
[33:35] | And they all work in the white house pressroom. | 他们全都在白宫新闻室工作 |
[33:37] | I’m sleeping fine tonight. | 今晚我可以睡得很安稳 |
[33:38] | You didn’t have to call on me. | 当时每个人都举手 |
[33:39] | Every hand shot up. | 你大可以不叫我 |
[33:41] | Everybody was going to ask the same question. | 每个人都要问同样的问题 |
[33:43] | You knew what your answer was going to be. | 你知道你要如何回答 |
[33:45] | You called on me. | 你却偏找上我 |
[33:46] | Well… Yes, I did. | 没错 |
[33:48] | You wouldn’t have rather done that | 你就不能找个对白宫 |
[33:50] | To a journalist less supportive of this administration? | 较不友好的记者,偏要找我? |
[33:52] | No, I chose you. | 对,我就找你 |
[33:54] | I’m not staying in the penalty box. | 我不要永远待在受罚席 |
[33:56] | I have covered the white house for eight years | 我报导白宫新闻八年了 |
[33:58] | With the new york times | 我受雇于纽约时报 华盛顿邮报 |
[33:59] | The washington post | 我受雇于纽约时报 华盛顿邮报 |
[34:00] | time magazine and the dallas morning news | 时代杂志、达拉斯早报 |
[34:02] | And I’m telling you, you can’t mess me around like this! Danny, I got to tell you that was– seriously– | 我告诉你,你不能这样耍我 |
[34:07] | That was a turn-on when you said that | 丹尼,我要告诉你,说正格的 |
[34:09] | Though I don’t know why you decided to be | 你那么说时魅力十足 |
[34:10] | Your most haughty on the dallas morning news | 虽然我不明白 为何你说达拉斯早报时 |
[34:12] | In that sentence. | 要表现出最傲慢的模样 |
[34:14] | C.j. the buses are leaving. | 要表现出最傲慢的模样 茜洁… 交通车要开了 |
[34:18] | The buses are leaving. | 交通车要开了 |
[34:21] | Leo: girls’ softball? | 女生打垒球? |
[34:24] | Women’s softball. it’s going to be great. | 女子垒球,一定很精采 |
[34:25] | Mrs. Landingham, I’m watching a live sporting event | 蓝丁汉太太,我今晚要 |
[34:28] | From start to finish tonight. | 从头到尾看完一场运动比赛 |
[34:30] | And when sacramento state and the university of the pacific get together | 沙加缅度大学对太平洋大学 通常是激烈得很 |
[34:32] | It’s usually a barn burner, sir. | 你破坏不了我的好兴致 |
[34:34] | You’re not going to spoil my good time for me. | |
[34:36] | Oh, sir, I think we both know | 由以往经验 |
[34:37] | From experience that’s not true. Yeah. | 你我都知道那不是真的 |
[34:40] | You needed to be in the car ten minutes ago. | 是 你十分钟前就该上车了 总统先生 |
[34:42] | Do you see me walking out the door? | 你看到我走出去了吗? |
[34:44] | No, I see you standing and arguing | 没有 |
[34:45] | With a senior citizen. | 我看到你在跟老人家争辩 |
[34:46] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[34:48] | Sam’s got some notes on cuba | 山姆写了一些 |
[34:49] | And some notes on farm loans I’d like you to look over in the car. | 关于古巴和农田贷款的答案 |
[34:53] | You know what? | 你在车上可以看看 |
[34:54] | I’ll be at the car in just a second. | 好,我过一会就上车 |
[34:56] | Yes, sir. thank you. | 是的,总统先生 谢谢 |
[35:03] | Toby? | 托比 |
[35:07] | Toby? | 托比 |
[35:10] | Excuse me, Mr. President. | 对不起,总统先生,很抱歉 |
[35:12] | I’m sorry. | |
[35:13] | You can’t see them. | 现在看不见他们 |
[35:15] | They’re over australia now. | 他们在澳洲上空 |
[35:17] | I just spoke to the mission commander. | 我刚跟任务指挥官通过电话 |
[35:20] | They’re trying firing something called an r.c.s. | 他们正要试着启动RCS |
[35:23] | Yeah, it’s the reaction control system. | 是的,那是反应控制系统 |
[35:25] | It’s actually 40 separate engines around the shuttle. | 其实是围绕着太空梭的 四十具独立引擎 |
[35:28] | If that doesn’t work, they got | 若不行的话 |
[35:30] | About 39 other things they can try. | 他们还有39种其他方法 |
[35:31] | There’s redundancy after redundancy | 他们的配备多得很 |
[35:34] | After redundancy built in, and for good measure | 数都数不完 |
[35:38] | They have atlantis warming up on the launch pad. | 还有亚特兰提斯号 在发射台暖机 |
[35:40] | They could dock with the columbia | 两小时就能和哥伦比亚号连接 |
[35:42] | In about two hours. | 现在的科技可以做到这样了 |
[35:43] | We can do that now, toby. | 现在的科技可以做到这样了 |
[35:47] | The first thing the shuttle does after it leaves the atmosphere | 太空梭离开大气层后 |
[35:50] | Is open the cargo bay doors. | 做的第一件事是打开货舱门 |
[35:51] | That’s what lets the heat out. | 热气才能散出去 |
[35:54] | Once the doors are closed, they have a pretty short window | 一旦门关上,热度升高 |
[35:59] | To get back before it overheats. Then they’ll open those doors again. | 他们只有很短的时间返回地球 |
[36:04] | How? | 那他们就再把门打开 |
[36:06] | Same way they closed them– with a five-dollar wrench. | 怎么开? |
[36:09] | Mr. President… | 和关门同样的方法 用一支五元的扳手 |
[36:10] | When we’re done tonight | 总统先生… |
[36:13] | You should take the next flight out to edwards air force base | 今晚演讲过后,你该搭下班机 到艾德华空军基地 |
[36:17] | Meet the thing when it lands, stop being a horse’s ass | 去迎接太空梭降落 |
[36:20] | And talk to your brother. | 化解你和你弟弟的心结 |
[36:21] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 |
[36:27] | I appreciate your trying to be a comfort | 我很感激你来安慰我 |
[36:31] | And I appreciate that you have | 也很感激你对我和我弟弟的事 |
[36:35] | Some understanding of the situation with my brother | 了解这么多 |
[36:38] | But the thing was supposed to land 19 hours ago. | 但太空梭19小时前就该降落 |
[36:42] | Obviously, there’s a problem. | 显然是出了问题 |
[36:46] | It’s space travel and I don’t believe any problem is minor. | 事关太空旅行 |
[36:50] | The shuttle flies itself, toby. | 我不相信会是小毛病 |
[36:54] | No, it doesn’t, Mr. President. | 太空梭自己会飞,托比 不会,总统先生 |
[37:01] | No… | 不会,是不会 |
[37:04] | It doesn’t. | |
[37:25] | Bartlet: thank you, thank you very much. | 谢谢,多谢 |
[37:27] | that was a joke about politicians. | 那是政治笑话 |
[37:29] | ( audience laughs ) | |
[37:30] | here’s another one. | 另外还有个笑话 两位政治人物在争辩 |
[37:31] | Two politicians are having an argument | 另外还有个笑话 两位政治人物在争辩 |
[37:33] | And one of them stands up and shouts, “You’re lying!” | 其中一个站起来大声说: 你在说谎 |
[37:35] | The other one says, “Yes, I am, but hear me out.” | 另一个回答: |
[37:39] | Moderator: Mr. President, we have time for one more question. | 没错,但听我说完 |
[37:41] | I don’t think I answered the last one. | 我只顾着讲笑话 |
[37:43] | Suzanne’s got me telling jokes. | 上个问题我还没回答呢 |
[37:45] | There is an answer to your question | 时间马上就到了 |
[37:46] | But you’re not going to like it. | 我这就到门口去 |
[37:48] | A man once said this: | 有人曾说: |
[37:50] | “Decisions are made by those who show up. | 现身参与的人才能做决定 |
[37:53] | So are we failing you or are you failing us?” | 所以是我们让你们失望 或是你们让我们失望 |
[37:55] | It’s a little of both. | 两者都有一点 |
[37:57] | There’s a guy on my staff named charlie young. | 我有个叫查理杨的幕僚人员 |
[37:59] | He showed me a report | 给我一份另类政策中心的报告 |
[38:00] | From the center for policy alternatives | 上面写着: |
[38:03] | That said 61% of you agree with the statement | 你们这年龄层中 |
[38:05] | “Politicians and political leaders have | 有61%同意以下这句话 |
[38:07] | Failed my generation.” | 政治人物和政府官员… |
[38:09] | When asked how older generations see you | 当被问到 年长的一辈有何感觉时 你们的答案最多的是懒惰… |
[38:12] | Your top answers are “Lazy, confused… | 什么报告? |
[38:15] | The center for policy alternatives– | 另类政策中心报告 |
[38:17] | C.j., I’ll have copies for the bus ride back. | 回去时,茜洁会在交通车上 发给大家 |
[38:19] | …determined and independent. | 你们的答案是 有抱负,有决心,具独立性 |
[38:20] | If I take my jacket off, can I trust you all | 如果我脱掉西装外套 |
[38:22] | To read nothing in to it | 请各位别想太多 |
[38:24] | Other than I’ve been talking for two hours | 我只是因为说话说了两小时 |
[38:26] | And it’s a little hot under these lights? ( audience laughs ) | 而且灯光照得有点热 |
[38:37] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[38:39] | Why? | 做什么? |
[38:40] | So, overall, entitlement payments… | |
[38:42] | Where’s toby? why? | 托比呢? 做什么? |
[38:43] | He’s got a phone call. | 托比呢? 做什么? |
[38:44] | From who? peter jobson? | 他有电话 谁打来的? 彼德强森 |
[38:45] | That’s for me. | 谁打来的? |
[38:48] | …crowded out public investment in education… | 彼德强森 给我 |
[38:50] | Toby? | 托比 |
[38:52] | …to say nothing of general quality of life. | |
[38:54] | College students today are facing a future… | |
[38:55] | …fewer government benefits. | |
[38:57] | Josh. | |
[38:59] | That’s why it doesn’t come as a galloping shock to me | 乔西 |
[39:01] | Today’s young people aren’t exactly living for tomorrow. | |
[39:05] | There’s another survey– | |
[39:07] | This one from the generation x… | |
[39:09] | Crowd: bartlet! Bartlet! Bartlet! | |
[39:12] | Butterfield: gina? | 吉娜 |
[39:13] | Straight to the car. | 总统会直接上车 |
[39:14] | He’s not going to work the rope line? | 总统会直接上车 |
[39:16] | There’s a softball game he wants to watch. | 他不跟两旁的民众握手? 他想回去看垒球比赛 |
[39:19] | They show softball on tv? | 电视播垒球比赛? |
[39:20] | Yeah. | 是 |
[39:21] | And the president watches it? | 总统看这种比赛? |
[39:31] | They’re telling me that we’re out of time. | 有人告诉我时间到了 |
[39:34] | I just want to mention that at several points | 我想说明今晚好几次我被称为 |
[39:36] | During the evening I was referred to as both a liberal and a populist | 自由主义者和民粹主义者 |
[39:41] | And the fellow fourth from the back called me a socialist | 后面第四排的那位先生 称我是社会主义者 |
[39:44] | Which was nice. I hadn’t heard that for a while. | 不错,很久没人这样称呼我了 |
[39:46] | actually, I’m an economics professor. | 事实上我是个经济学教授 |
[39:49] | my great-grandfather’s great-grandfather was | 我的祖先是乔赛亚巴特勒博士 |
[39:52] | Dr. Josiah bartlet, who was the new hampshire delegate | 他是新罕布夏州派去参加 |
[39:56] | Representative to the second continental congress | 第二届大陆会议的代表 |
[39:59] | the one that sat in session in the summer | 他们一七七六年夏天 |
[40:01] | Of 1776 and announced to the world that we were | 在费城开会时对世人宣布 |
[40:04] | No longer subjects of king george iii | 我们不再是 英王乔治三世的臣民 |
[40:07] | But rather a self-governing people. | 而是一群自主的人民 |
[40:10] | “We hold these truths to be self-evident,” They said. | 他们说:我们认为 |
[40:13] | “That all men are created equal.” | 此一真理是不辩自明的 所有人都生而平等 |
[40:16] | Strange as it may seem | 看似奇怪,那是有史以来首度 |
[40:18] | That was the first time in history that anyone had Ever bothered to write that down. | 有人花工夫把这句话写下来 |
[40:22] | “Decisions are made by those who show up.” Class dismissed. | 现身参与的人才能做决定 |
[40:27] | Thank you, everyone. god bless you | 下课,谢谢大家 |
[40:29] | And god bless america. | 上帝保佑你们,也保佑美国 |
[40:33] | Way to go. Crowd: bartlet! Bartlet! Bartlet! | 巴特勒… |
[41:00] | Toscano: he’s not working the rope line. | 他不会跟民众握手,直接上车 |
[41:02] | Straight to the car. | |
[41:06] | I’ve got bookbag. | 我来照顾“书包” |
[41:10] | Zoey: he used it and you’re feeling good | 他用了你的资料,你很高兴 |
[41:12] | And you’re looking for a way to thank me. | 并想找方法答谢我 |
[41:14] | Charlie: you had nothing to do with it | 这跟你完全无关 |
[41:16] | And you were still unbelievably wrong. | 而且你依然错得不可救药 |
[41:17] | I accept your apology. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[41:19] | Toby, walk with me. | 托比,跟我一起走 |
[41:21] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[41:22] | What do you got to say for yourself? | 你还有什么话说? |
[41:24] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[41:25] | Yes, sir. | 是的,总统 |
[41:45] | Baby pictures he’s heckling me with | 他老是用婴儿照片 |
[41:48] | Visa card bills. | 和信用卡帐单来糗我 |
[41:49] | Now he’s walking the rope line. | 你看 他现在又去跟群众握手了 |
[41:50] | If there was ever a chance | 他永远不会放弃 |
[41:52] | He was going to walk past a crowd of people… | 和民众接近的机会 |
[41:53] | Charlie! | 查理 |
[41:57] | I saw something. | 我觉得不太对劲 |
[41:59] | By the way, charlie apologized to me. | 对了,查理向我道歉 |
[42:01] | I saw something. | 他很郑重地跟我道歉 |
[42:04] | Crowd: bartlet! Bartlet! | 我觉得不对劲 吉娜 |
[42:22] | Gun! | 有枪 趴下… |
[42:46] | ( people screaming ) | 有人倒地,这里需要支援 |
[42:47] | Oh, god, we’ve got people down! | 趴下… |
[42:50] | Who’s been hit? who’s been hit?! | 谁中弹了…? |