时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:10] | My father sees danger, like, behind curtains. | 我爸爸发现 布幕后面怪怪的 |
[00:13] | Zoey, do me a favor. Walk on the other side of me. | 柔依,帮我一个忙 走到我另一边去 |
[00:15] | Josh, sometimes I wonder if I listened to you two years ago… | 乔西,有时候我不知道 如果两年前我听你的话 |
[00:19] | …would I be president now? You ever wonder that? | 现在我会当总统吗? 你想过这一点吗? |
[00:21] | No, sir, I know it for sure. | 不,长官,我非常清楚 |
[00:23] | Gun! | 有人拿枪! |
[00:28] | Get down! | 快趴下! |
[00:30] | – Get in the car! – Move! | -上车! -动作快! 枪击事件第一部 |
[00:45] | …at this time. No idea or clear indication…. | 在这个时候 我们不知道,也没有收到消息 <星期一,晚上九点三十七分> |
[00:59] | – Is Zoey secure? Get her again. – She wasn’t hit, sir… | -柔依没事吧?快去找她 -她没有中枪,长官 |
[01:02] | – Get her on the radio. – Sir, she can’t talk right now. | -用无线电呼叫她 -长官,现在她无法说话 |
[01:05] | – Why can’t she talk? – She’s vomiting in the car. | -为什么? -她在车子里吐 |
[01:08] | – It happens, sir. – Why is she vomiting? | -这是正常的,长官 -她为什么会吐? |
[01:10] | – She might have gotten elbowed… – Is Gina with her? | -或许她被人打了记拐子 -吉娜跟她在一起吗? |
[01:13] | – Gina put her in the car. – She’s not with her. | -是吉娜送她上车的 -她没有跟她在一起 |
[01:16] | She’s got two other agents in the car. They’re gonna have her… | 车上有两名探员陪着她 他们会将她 |
[01:19] | …back in the White House… – Why isn’t Gina in the car? | -送回白宫 -为什么吉娜不在车里? |
[01:21] | Gina put Zoey in the car, stayed behind for the ID agent. Mr. President, please. | 吉娜送了柔依上车,她留下来 协助辨识探员办案,总统先生,拜托 |
[01:31] | – Is anybody dead back there? – We don’t know. We don’t think so. | -有人死了吗? -我们不知道,应该没有 |
[01:35] | – What happened to your hand? – I got hit. | -你的手怎么了? -我中枪了 |
[01:37] | Oh, God. Coop, turn around. We gotta go to the hospital. | 天啊,古柏,快调头 我们得到医院去 |
[01:40] | – We’ve gotta get you… – The hospital. Let’s go! | -我们得送你 -去医院,快走吧! |
[01:43] | I have to put you inside the White House. This isn’t something we discuss. | 我得送你回白宫 这件事没有讨论的余地 |
[01:47] | This is… My daughter is throwing up on the floor in the car behind us. | 这是我女儿在我们后面的 车子里吐得一塌糊涂 |
[01:52] | You’re losing blood by the liter, not to mention how many broken bones… | 你正在大量失血 更别提你的手 |
[01:56] | …in your hand, but let’s make sure I’m tucked in bed before we… | 断了几根骨头 我觉得你们的情况需要先处理 |
[01:59] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[02:07] | GW, move, move, move! | 快到乔治华盛顿医院 |
[02:16] | She’s stable. Get me some 4-by-4s. | 她很稳定,给我块大纱布 |
[02:18] | – I’m really fine. – Scalp laceration, secondary to fall. | -我真的没事 -她擦破了皮,应该是跌倒引起的 |
[02:21] | – I hit my head on the ground. – No LOC. | -我的头撞到了地面 -伤者完全清醒 |
[02:24] | Somebody put me down. | 有人把我推倒了 |
[02:26] | – Are you C.J. Cregg? – Yeah. | -你是茜洁葛瑞吗? -对 |
[02:28] | – Can you tell me what day it is? – It’s still Monday. | -你能告诉我今天是星期几吗? -今天还是星期一 |
[02:31] | C.J., you’re more shaken up than anything else. | 茜洁,你抖得很厉害 |
[02:34] | Won’t need stitches, but you should find a place to lie down. | 不需要缝合伤口 但你得找个地方躺下来 |
[02:37] | – Is the president dead? – I wouldn’t know anything about that. | -总统死了吗? -我不知道 |
[02:40] | – Over there, sir. Behind the ambulance. – You all right, ma’am? | -在那边,就在救护车后面 -你没事吧?小姐 |
[02:44] | Please. Behind! | 拜托,在后面! |
[02:50] | – You all right? – What? | -你没事吧? -什么? |
[02:51] | – You all right? – Where’s the president? | -你没事吧? -总统在哪里? |
[02:53] | On his way back to the White House, so is Zoey. They just put Leo in a car. | 他正在回白宫的路上 柔依也是,他们刚送里奥上车 |
[02:58] | – Are you all right? – Somebody put me down. | -你没事吧? -有人把我推倒了 |
[03:01] | – Gina! – I can’t talk right now. Gina Toscano. | -吉娜! -现在不方便说话,吉娜托坎诺 |
[03:03] | – Tommy Cho. – You’re the ID agent. | -我是汤米周 -你是辨识鉴定员 |
[03:05] | Two shooters in that window. Got them from the roof, but there was a signal. | 两名枪手在那扇窗户边 我们从屋顶杀了他们,但发现了无线电 |
[03:09] | – There was somebody on the ground? – White male. 20, 25, maybe 5′ 10″. | -地面上有他们的人? -白人男性,20多岁,约5尺10寸 |
[03:13] | – What else? – Wearing a baseball cap. | -还有呢? -他戴着棒球帽 |
[03:14] | What kind of cap? | 什么样的帽子? |
[03:16] | – Maybe it got knocked off in the crowd. – What kind of cap? | -或许帽子被人群挤掉了 -什么样的帽子? |
[03:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:22] | Fix a perimeter. Close the airport. Shut them down. | 封锁四周,关闭机场 把他们找出来 |
[03:25] | I want the Harbor Patrol and the Coast Guard. | 我要通知海港巡警 跟海岸防卫队 |
[03:27] | Stevie! Paul! | 史提夫!保罗! |
[03:29] | Josh? Josh? | 乔西?乔西? |
[03:33] | – Hey, Charlie. – Are you okay? | -嗨,查理 -你没事吧? |
[03:34] | – Yeah. You seen Josh? – He got in the car with Leo. | -嗨,查理 -你没事吧? -没事,你看到乔西了吗? -他跟里奥一起坐车走了 |
[03:37] | No, he didn’t. Shannahan got in with Leo. Josh didn’t get in the car. | 才怪,沙纳汉跟里奥上了车 乔西没有上车 |
[03:40] | – Can we get some help? – Yeah. Stay right there. | -能找人来帮忙吗? -没问题,待在那里别动 |
[03:45] | Josh, didn’t you hear me shouting for you? | 乔西,你没有听到 我在叫你吗? |
[03:49] | I didn’t know where the hell you…. | 我不知道你在哪 |
[03:54] | I need a…. I need a doctor! I need help! | 我需要我需要医生!快来帮忙! 罗伯洛 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 珍妮尔摩隆奈 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 |
[04:50] | Dr. Partridge, you’re wanted…. | 帕瑞吉医生,听到请回 |
[04:54] | – Hi. – Hey. Your best friend’s back. | -嗨 -嘿,你最好的朋友回来了 |
[04:58] | Thank you for that. Cynthia. Hi. You can follow me. | 谢谢你,辛西雅,嗨 请跟我来 |
[05:04] | She’s been in twice a week for three weeks. She can’t feel the baby kick. | 三星期来,每星期她都会来两次 她没有感觉到胎儿动 |
[05:09] | I should say, “Wait till eight months, the kid will be doing the Macarena. | 我该说: “等到八个月大时 宝宝会跳起犸卡莲娜来 |
[05:12] | In the meantime, this is an emergency room. “ | 还有,这里是急诊室” |
[05:15] | – Did you really say that? – No. I’m saying I should have said that. | -你真的那么说? -不,我是说我应该那么说 |
[05:21] | Emergency room. | 急诊室 |
[05:27] | – Station one. – We’re coming in. | -一号护理站 -我们来了 |
[05:29] | – I copy that. Is this a drill? – No! | -知道了,这是演习吗? -不! |
[05:31] | The thing is, I have a few patients. A couple of kids with alcohol poisoning… | 重点是这里有一些病人 有两个孩子酒精中毒 |
[05:35] | …and we’re expecting more. So if this is a drill, I’d just as soon…. | 待会应该会有更多病人 如果这是演习,我会尽快 |
[05:44] | Trauma 1! Trauma 1, blue, blue! Trauma 1, blue. | 一号外伤小组!蓝色警示! 一号外伤小组!蓝色警示! |
[05:49] | Go. | 快点 |
[05:51] | – You got priorities? – No priorities. | -有优先要处理的病人吗? -没有 |
[05:52] | Put them in a van. They’re going to Memorial. | 送他们上休旅车 他们得到纪念医院去 |
[05:55] | Okay, people. I need you to follow this gentleman to the van that’s waiting. | 大伙们,我要你们跟这位男士 到外面的休旅车上去 |
[05:59] | I need the south door clear. There are two back doors and a loading dock. | 我要清理南边大门 那里有两个后门跟送货区 |
[06:03] | Put two units on the scaffolding and get some light out there. | 派两组人守着鹰架 送些紧急照明灯光过去 |
[06:07] | – Give me ultrasound and a crash cart. – Eagle’s two minutes away. | -给我超音波跟心电图器 -伤者两分钟内送到 |
[06:11] | Mr. Vice President, could you hold the shirt up? | 副总统先生 请你把衬衫拿起来 |
[06:15] | Now, one of my roommates at SMU was Drew Harper. | 好了,我在南美以美大学的室友之一 是德鲁哈波 |
[06:18] | – Anybody know that name? – ’72? | -有人记得他吗? -1972年吗? |
[06:20] | ’72 Olympics in Munich. I played against him in a pickup game… | 1972年慕尼黑奥运 我在一场即兴比赛中跟他对抗 |
[06:23] | …and I thought I’d stuff him with an overhead slam. | 我以为来记大灌篮可以 杀杀他的锐气 |
[06:26] | He sent that ball back at me like I talked about his sister. | 他将球丢回来给我 像是我在说他妹妹的坏话一样 |
[06:30] | Coach, I wanna congratulate you and your team and the NCAA… | 教练,我要恭喜你 跟你的球队这一季 |
[06:33] | …on a great season. You got four starters returning, so I’m confident… | 在美国大学男篮联赛中表现的很好 四名先发球员归队,所以我相信 |
[06:37] | Excuse me. Everyone stay where you are. | 对不起,大家待在原地别动 |
[06:42] | Mr. Vice President, would you come with us, please? | 副总统先生,请跟我们来 |
[06:50] | – Mrs. Bartlet. – Is he conscious? | -巴特勒太太 -他清醒吗? |
[06:51] | He’s conscious and they’re moving him to pre-op. Hit in the side, entry and exit. | 他清醒,他们要将他送到手术准备室 他体侧中枪,子弹穿过他的身体 |
[06:55] | – What about Zoey? – Got her in the car. | -柔依呢? -我们将她送上车 |
[06:57] | She’s on her way to GW. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 她正在去乔治华盛顿医院 |
[07:00] | Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go! | 我们走吧,动作快! |
[07:05] | He’s been shot in the abdomen. Visible entry and exit wound. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[07:08] | BP, 134/78. Pulse, 108. | 他腹部中枪 有可见的射入及穿出伤口 血压134/78,脉搏108 |
[07:11] | – What’s his pulse ox? – 98. | 编剧:艾伦索金 -他的动脉血氧含量呢? |
[07:13] | Mr. President, I’m Dr. Keller. I’m the trauma surgeon on duty. | 总统先生,我是凯勒医生 外科手术的值班医生 |
[07:16] | The exit wound is a good indication. We like your vital signs. | 穿出伤口是个好征兆 现在你的状况看起来不错 |
[07:19] | If I don’t speak to my daughter in five minutes… | 如果五分钟内 我没办法跟我女儿说话 |
[07:21] | …I’m gonna attack someone. – On her way. | -我就要打人了 -她马上来 |
[07:23] | He’s got about seven broken bones in his hand, by the way… | 他的手大概断了七根骨头,对了 |
[07:26] | …if somebody wants to give him an aspirin or something. | 麻烦谁拿点阿斯匹灵给他 导演:汤犸斯史兰姆 |
[07:29] | Okay, sir. We’re just gonna get you stabilized. | 好了,长官 我们得稳定住你的情况 |
[07:32] | I want you to wait as long as you can before you give me the anesthesia. | 我要你尽量 将麻醉时间往后延 |
[07:35] | – I need to speak to Leo McGarry. – He’s on his way as well. | -我得跟里奥马加瑞说话 -他也在赶往此地的路上 |
[07:39] | I need to ask you some questions, sir. Do you have any medical conditions? | 我要问你一些问题,长官 你有任何健康问题吗? |
[07:43] | Well, I’ve been shot. | 我中了枪 |
[07:48] | – Good evening, Mrs. Landingham. – Evening, Margaret. | -晚安,蓝丁汉太太 -晚安,玛格丽特 |
[07:50] | – The president’s not back yet? – I imagine he’s schmoozing the rope line. | -总统还没有回来吗? -我想他又跟选民们相见甚欢了 |
[07:54] | You know, he says he’s coming straight back, but he can’t resist a rope line. | 他说他会直接回来 但每次他都受不了民众的欢呼诱惑 |
[07:58] | Never has. He’ll complain, but he just can’t resist it. | 一点都没错,他会抱怨 但他就是忍受不了诱惑 |
[08:02] | – I remember a time about 10 years ago… – Mrs. Landingham. | -我还记得大概十年前 -蓝丁汉太太 |
[08:05] | – More, maybe 12… – Mrs. Landingham. | -应该是十二年前 -蓝丁汉太太 |
[08:10] | Good evening. We are getting reports that multiple gunshots were fired… | <第四新闻台 特别报导> 晚安,我们收到消息 有枪手在巴特勒总统 |
[08:15] | …at President Bartlet as he was leaving a public event in Rosslyn, Virginia. | 在维吉尼亚州罗斯林参加公开活动 离去时对他开了好几枪 |
[08:20] | The shots were fired approximately seven minutes ago from an office building…. | 大约在七分钟前 在一栋办公大楼里有人开了枪 |
[08:25] | – Dad? – I’m okay. | -爸? -我没事 |
[08:27] | – Daddy? – Didn’t hit anything. | -爸? -他们没有打中要害 |
[08:29] | They’re just gonna look around and make sure. | 医生只是在帮我做检查 确定我没事 |
[08:31] | – Are you in pain? – No. | -你会痛吗? -不会 |
[08:32] | – Are you lying? – Yeah. I want these guys… | -你在说谎吗? -对,我要这些人 |
[08:35] | …to tell reporters that I was brave and joking around. | 告诉记者 我很勇敢,还会谈笑风生 |
[08:38] | – You are brave. You were good tonight. – Honey, I’m fine. | -你很勇敢,今晚你表现的很好 -甜心,我没事 |
[08:40] | – I’m just so happy to see you. – Mom’s on her way. | -我很高兴能看到你 -妈妈正在赶过来的路上 |
[08:43] | – Mom’s gonna be pretty pissed. – Yeah. | -妈妈一定会很生气 -没错 |
[08:50] | – How you doing, kid? – I’m fine. | -你还好吗?孩子 -我很好 |
[08:53] | She booted all over the back of her car. You know they’ll bill me for that. | 她在车子里吐得一塌糊涂 他们一定会跟我要钱 |
[08:57] | – Yeah. – Honey, do me a favor, will you? | -没错 -甜心,你能帮我一个忙吗? |
[08:59] | Yeah. I’ll step outside. I’ll go wait for Mom. | 好,我会到外面去 我会乖乖地等妈妈来 |
[09:02] | Tell her not to frighten the doctors. See you in a couple hours. | 叫她别吓怕医生,待会见了 |
[09:05] | – I love you. – I love you too, hon. | -我爱你 -我也爱你,甜心 |
[09:08] | – Anybody killed back there? – The two shooters. | -有人死了吗? -两名枪手 |
[09:11] | – Got them through the window. – Anybody in the crowd? | -子弹穿过窗户击中他们 -围观的民众呢? |
[09:13] | Some injuries. They’re coming right now. | 有些人受了伤 他们都会被送到这里来 |
[09:15] | – What about our people? – C.J. hit her head on the ground… | -我们的人呢? -茜洁的头撞到地上 |
[09:18] | …but other than that…. – Here’s the 16. | -但除此之外 -这是16号管 |
[09:21] | – Get the Cabinet together. – Yes, sir. | -立刻召集内阁 -是的,长官 |
[09:23] | And the Security Council. Tell Jerome to suspend trading on the stock exchange. | 还有安全理事会,要杰若米 停止股市交易 |
[09:27] | – Do we know who the shooters were? – No. | -知道枪手的身份吗? -还不知道 |
[09:32] | I’m gonna be under anesthesia for a couple hours. | 我会被麻醉几个小时 |
[09:35] | – It’ll be fine. – You know what I’m talking about? | -一定会没事的 -你了解我的意思吗? |
[09:38] | – I’ll talk to Abbey. – Sir, it’s time. | -我会跟艾碧谈 -长官,时间到了 |
[09:40] | Hey, come here. | 嘿,快过来 |
[09:47] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[09:49] | I’ll see you in a few hours, Mr. President. | 待会见,总统先生 |
[09:56] | Okay, Zoey, I’ll find out. | 柔依,我会查个清楚 |
[09:58] | – You all right? – Yeah. And Dad’s making jokes. | -你没事吧? -没事,爸在开玩笑 |
[10:02] | Good ones? Okay. | 很好笑吗?好吧 |
[10:04] | – Abbey. – Hi. | -艾碧 -嗨 |
[10:06] | – This is Dr. Keller. – Yes. We spoke in the car. | -这位是凯勒医生 -是的,我们在车上谈过 |
[10:09] | – Hello. – What’s his PO-2? | -哈�� -他的氧分压是多少? |
[10:10] | – It’s 100. – Gonna do a laparoscopy? | -你们要做腹腔镜检查吗? |
[10:12] | Yeah. We wanna make sure the peritoneum’s intact. | 对,我们得确定 腹膜没有受伤 |
[10:15] | – Who’s the anesthesiologist? – Dr. Lee. | -麻醉师是谁? -李医生 |
[10:17] | – Right. You’ll be okay for a minute? – Yeah. | -好了,你能等我一下吗? -没问题 |
[10:27] | – Dr. Lee? – Dr. Bartlet. | -李医生吗? -巴特勒医生 |
[10:30] | I hope they told you that it’s looking very good. | 希望他们跟你说过 情况看起来不错 |
[10:32] | There are 14 people in the world who know this, including the vice president… | 全世界只有十四个人知道这件事 包括副总统 |
[10:37] | …the chief of staff, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs. | 幕僚长,跟参谋首长联席会议主席 |
[10:40] | You are going to be the 15th. | 你将会是第十五个 |
[10:42] | Seven years ago, my husband was diagnosed… | 七年前,我丈夫被诊断出 |
[10:46] | …with a relapsing, remitting course of MS. | 多发性硬化症复发 |
[10:49] | When all this is over, tell the press, don’t tell the press. | 手术结束后 要不要告诉媒体 |
[10:54] | It’s entirely up to you. | 完全由你来决定 |
[11:08] | – You all right? – Yeah. | -你没事吧? -我没事 |
[11:11] | – Was there someone on the ground? – There was a signal. | -地面上有他们的人吗? -我们发现了无线电 |
[11:14] | – I couldn’t give a description. – They close the airports? | -我没看清楚他的长相 -机场已经关闭了吗? |
[11:17] | And Union Station. We’ve got 300 field agents working Rosslyn… | 还有联合车站 我们派出三百名探员到罗斯林 |
[11:21] | …but I can’t tell them what they’re looking for. | 但我不能告诉他们 目标到底是什么 |
[11:23] | – You got the girl in the car, Gina. – It’s right in front of my face. | -你将那个女孩送了上车,吉娜 -事情就在我眼前发生 |
[11:27] | Look at me. I’ll… | 看看我,我 |
[11:29] | Gunshot wound! No exit! | 是枪伤!没有穿出伤口! |
[11:31] | Decreased breath sounds on the left. Pulse ox, 92 on 15 liters. | 左边呼吸声音听不清楚 动脉血氧含量是92,15公升 |
[11:35] | – It’s Josh! – I’ve got the Hemocue. | -是乔西! -我拿了血红素测量仪来 |
[11:38] | – Trauma panel… – What happened? | -外伤科 -发生了什么事? |
[11:40] | – I don’t know. He was behind us. – Single gunshot wound. | -我不知道,他在我们后面 -单一枪伤伤口 |
[11:43] | – Entry, left fifth intercostal space. – Josh, I’m here. | -子弹射入第五根肋骨的位置 -乔西,我在这里 |
[11:46] | …at this meeting. I shouldn’t be at this meeting. | 开会,我不该来开会 |
[11:48] | – Trauma 1’s ready. – Get a needle. Chest tube tray. | -一号外伤手术室准备好了 -拿针来,还有胸部插管托盘 |
[11:52] | – Senator…. – Tell me what’s happening. | -参议员 -告诉我发生了什么事 |
[11:54] | – I don’t have time. – Shouldn’t be at this meeting. | -我没有时间 -我不该来开会 |
[11:55] | – Pulse ox, 88. – I need to get to New Hampshire. | -动脉血氧含量88 -我得到新罕布夏去 |
[11:59] | You went to New Hampshire. We both did. You came and got me. | 你去过新罕布夏 我们都去过,你是来找我的 |
[12:02] | On my count. One. Two. Three. | 听我的口令,一,二,三 |
[12:06] | Josh, a bullet collapsed your lung. I’m putting in a tube to expand it. | 乔西,子弹击中你的肺部 我要做插管扩张你的肺部 |
[12:10] | – Bradying down. – Okay, tube him now. | -都准备好了 -帮他做插管 |
[12:12] | – 8-0 ET tube. – Social Security…. | -8-0号管 -社会福利 |
[12:14] | – Senator. – Social Security is the black hole… | -参议员 -社会福利是个黑洞 |
[12:17] | – Senator. – Social… | -参议员 -社会 |
[12:18] | – Senator. – Social Security… | -参议员 -社会福利 |
[12:20] | – Yes. – Social Security is the black hole… | -是的 -社会福利是 |
[12:22] | …of national politics. – Yes. | -内政的黑洞 -是的 |
[12:24] | Josh was cutting me off because he knew I was gonna say that. | 乔西打断我的谈话 因为他知道我会那么说 <国会山庄办公室 民主党参议员约翰何尼斯-德州> |
[12:30] | – Because I have said it, what…? – Few hundred times. | -因为我一直都那么说,有多少? -已经五百次了 |
[12:32] | And I would just as soon not get lost in it 13 weeks before… | 我只希望在新罕布夏州的初选 的十三个星期前 <三年前> |
[12:37] | …the New Hampshire primary. It is the third rail. You step on it and you die. | 不要在黑洞中迷失,那是第三轮投票 一有闪失便会万劫不复 |
[12:41] | Of the 537 federal elected officials, there are 30 who’ve put their names… | 民选的五百三十七名联邦官员 只有三十人 |
[12:45] | …on Social Security reform legislation. You’re one of them. Why not say so? | 在社会福利改革法案上签名 你是其中之一,你为什么不早说? |
[12:49] | – He will say so, just not now. – Mark, at $400 billion… | -他会说的,但现在不是时候 -马克,预算高达四千亿的 |
[12:52] | …Social Security represents one-fourth of the federal budget… | 社会福利预算 占了联邦预算的四分之一 |
[12:55] | …and it’s gonna be bankrupt in exactly 17 years. | 它在十七年内一定会破产 |
[12:58] | Right around the time you’re gonna check your mailbox. | 在那个时候 你得打开你的信箱 |
[13:00] | Half the elderly population will be living in poverty. This qualifies as a priority. | 有一半的老年人口会过着贫穷生活 这应该是我们第一优先要处理的事 |
[13:05] | Running for president of the United States, not putting Social Security… | 竞选美国总统 而不将社会福利议题 |
[13:09] | …front and center is like running for president of Disney by saying… | 摊开来说 像是打着修好未来世界游戏的口号 |
[13:13] | …you’re gonna fix the rides at Epcot. – we’re gonna get to Social Security. | -竞选迪士尼公司的董事长 -我们会处理社会福利的议题 |
[13:16] | It’s a long campaign. For now, we focus on the tax cuts. | 这会是场漫长的竞选活动 现在我们要把焦点放在减税上 |
[13:20] | – It’s what magicians call misdirection. – It’s what the rest of us call bull shi… | -这就是魔术师说的分散注意力 -其他人认为这是废 |
[13:24] | Knock it off. | 别说了 |
[13:26] | I have a vote. | 我要去投票 |
[13:28] | The rest of you should stay here and work on the ethanol tax credit. | 其他人应该待在这里 研究酒类课税的问题 |
[13:31] | Josh, come with me, would you? | 乔西,请跟我来 |
[13:39] | You don’t seem to be having a very good time lately. | 最近你似乎不太开心 |
[13:41] | I don’t think the point of this is for me to… | 我不觉得我应该 |
[13:44] | You’ve been pissed off in every meeting for a month. | 一个月来每次开会 你都是怒气冲冲的 |
[13:46] | Senator, you’re the favorite to be the Democratic nominee for president. | 参议员,你是民主党 呼声最高的总统候选人人选 |
[13:50] | You have $58 million in a war chest with no end in sight, and…. | 你列出五千八百万战争预算 而且是没有上限的,还有 |
[13:56] | I don’t know what we’re for. | 我不知道我们为什么在这里 |
[13:58] | I don’t know what we’re for or what we’re against… | 我不知道我们为什么在这里 或我们要反对什么 |
[14:00] | …except we seem to be for winning and against somebody else winning. | 我只知道我们的目标是胜选 以及阻止对手胜选 |
[14:04] | – It’s a start. – Senator… | -那是个开始 -参议员 |
[14:05] | We’ll run a good campaign. You’ll be very proud of it. | 我们会打场漂亮的选战 你一定会引以为荣的 |
[14:08] | And when we get to the White House, you’ll play a big role. | 当我们入主白宫后 你会变成大人物 |
[14:11] | In the meantime, cheer up and get off my ass about Social Security. | 同时你得打起精神 不要再谈社会福利的问题 |
[14:16] | I’ve gotta vote. | 我得去投票了 |
[14:27] | – Josh. – Mr. Secretary. | -乔西 -国务�胂壬� |
[14:30] | I hope you don’t mind I didn’t make an appointment. | 希望你不介意 我没有先跟你约时间 |
[14:33] | – I’m trying to fly under the radar. – No, of course not… | -我不想引人注意 -当然不会 |
[14:36] | …but the senator just went down for a vote. | 但参议员刚刚去投票了 |
[14:38] | The annual vote to override the veto on shipping nuclear waste to Nevada. | 他们要利用年度投票推翻 不准将核能废料送往内华达州的禁令 |
[14:42] | – Yeah. – It won’t pass. | -没错 -他们是不会赢的 |
[14:44] | – No kidding. – Actually, I came to see you. | -你说的对 -事实上我是来找你的 |
[14:48] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗? -没错 |
[14:50] | – What can I do for you? – You mind if we take a walk? | -有什么需要我帮忙的吗? -我们可以去散个步吗? |
[14:52] | – Sure. – I heard your dad was in… | -当然可以 -我听说你爸爸 |
[14:54] | …the hospital again. – Yeah, they think they got it all this time. | -又住院了 -对,他们认为这次一定能治好他 |
[14:58] | – Is he taking it easy? – No. He does the opposite. | -他还好吧? -不,他一直没办法接受 |
[15:01] | Seven every morning, comes home at 8 every night. | 每天早上七点出门 晚上八点才回家 |
[15:04] | On the weekends, he cleans the gutters and yells at the squirrels. | 周末时他会清理排水管 对着松鼠大叫 |
[15:07] | – Why does he yell at the squirrels? – They eat out of the bird feeder. | -他为什么要对松鼠大叫? -他们把鸟饲料吃光了 |
[15:11] | – You know, they make a thing now… – He prefers to admonish them. | -你知道现在有一种 -他宁愿训诫他们 |
[15:15] | Listen, I need to get back to this meeting. | 听着,我得回去开会了 |
[15:18] | Josh, I’d like you to come to Nashua, New Hampshire Thursday… | 乔西,我要你星期四 到新罕布夏的诺许华来 |
[15:21] | …and hear Jed Bartlet speak. | 听杰德巴特勒演讲 |
[15:24] | – I work for Senator Hoynes. – Yeah. | -我为何尼斯参议员工作 -对 |
[15:27] | – Mr. Secretary… – I’m not in the Cabinet anymore. Leo. | -国务�胂壬� -我已经不在内阁里了,叫我里奥 |
[15:30] | – Hoynes has the nomination sewn up. – Yeah. | -何尼斯有很大的机会获得提名 -对 |
[15:33] | And if Bartlet’s looking to be treasury secretary… | 如果巴特勒想当财政部长 |
[15:36] | …or a slot at the convention, this really isn’t… | 或是想在内阁里占个位置 这真的不是 |
[15:39] | – Come to Nashua Thursday night. – Why? | -星期四晚上到诺许华来 -为什么? |
[15:43] | Because that’s what sons do for old friends of their fathers. I’ll see you then. | 因为这是当儿子的人可以为老爸的朋友 做的事,到时候见了 |
[15:48] | – Mr. Secretary… – Leo. | -国务�胂壬� -叫我里奥 |
[15:49] | Leo, the Democrats aren’t gonna nominate another liberal, academic… | 里奥,民主党不会提名 来自新英格兰 |
[15:55] | …former governor from New England. | 有学术背景的自由派前州长 |
[15:57] | I mean, we’re dumb, but we’re not that dumb. | 我是说我们很笨 但我们没有那么笨 |
[16:03] | I think we’re exactly that dumb. | 我想我们就是那么笨 |
[16:16] | Yeah. Janet, I need you to set up some train tickets for me. | 对了,珍妮 我要你帮我订火车票 |
[16:25] | I think tomorrow at some point…. | 我想订明天的车票 |
[16:38] | All in, showroom floor to your garage, $18 million. | 从头到尾 全部加进去的金额是一千八百万 |
[16:42] | – 18 million is a cheap price, isn’t it? – Yes, it is. | -一千八百万很便宜,对吧? -没错 |
[16:46] | What you’re happy about isn’t the price. It’s the structure of the deal. | 能让你感到满意的并非是价格 而是整个交易的内容 |
[16:50] | – Well, how do you figure that? – Sam’s gonna tell you about it. Sam. | -你怎么知道? -山姆会跟你们解释,山姆 |
[16:55] | – Structure versus cost. – Yeah. | -内容胜过于成本 -对 |
[16:57] | What Jack means is that if you were getting the tankers for… | 杰克是说如果你们 要买一百八十五万的油轮 |
[17:00] | …$1.85 in trading stamps, it’d still be a bad deal… | 来消化贸易逆差 那么做还是不划算 |
[17:02] | …if we didn’t limit your liability. – And did you? | -如果我们不限制你的责任 -你们会那么做吗? <盖惠法律事务所 曼哈顿中区> |
[17:07] | We did, by creating a separate corporation for each one of them… | 我们会那么做 我们会为它们各开一家公司 |
[17:11] | …mortgage the boats top to bottom. – Ships. | -将那些船拿出抵押 -是船舰 |
[17:15] | – I’m sorry? – Oil tankers aren’t boats. they’re ships. | -你说什么? -油轮不是船,它们是船舰 |
[17:18] | You want me to buy the boats, you’re not asking me to be first mate, right? | 你要我买船 你不会要我当大副吧? |
[17:22] | No. | 我不会 |
[17:25] | You wanna finance the tankers 100% so that if litigation does penetrate… | 你得将油轮百分之百拿去抵押 所以如果司法部门看穿 |
[17:28] | …the liability shield we’ve set up, there are no assets… | 我们所设定的责任保障 到时候那里没有资产 |
[17:31] | …at the end of the line, just debt. you’re judgment-proof. | 只有债务,你不用承担法律责任 |
[17:34] | Let me run and get the tax figures while David and Rita talk about… | 我要来说明税额的部份 大卫跟丽塔会解释 |
[17:37] | …IMO regulations. | 国际海事法的规定 |
[17:43] | Sam, there’s a guy waiting in your office who said he’s a friend of yours. | 山姆,有个人在你办公室等你 他说他是你的朋友 |
[17:47] | – What’s his name? – Josh Lyman. | -他叫什么名字? -乔西赖曼 |
[17:49] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | -真的吗? -没错 |
[17:54] | How you doing? | 你好吗? |
[17:58] | – Hey, you look fit. – You made partner? | -你看起来好极了 -你成为合伙人了吗? |
[18:01] | Next month. Listen, I’m hungry. You wanna go get a hot dog or something? | 下个月,听我说,我饿了 你要去吃根热狗吗? |
[18:05] | – It’s 9:30 in the morning. – Yeah, they’ll be fresh. Come on. | -现在是早上九点半 -对,热狗会很新鲜,来吧 |
[18:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:10] | I was gonna call before I came, but the strangest thing happened. | 我出发前本来要打电话给你 但发生了一件很奇怪的事 |
[18:13] | – What? – I forgot the name of your firm. | -什么? -我忘记你事务所的名字 |
[18:17] | – Gage Whitney? – Yeah. | -盖惠法律事务所? -没错 |
[18:18] | – You couldn’t remember Gage Whitney. – I know. | -你记不住盖惠法律事务所 -我知道 |
[18:21] | – Second biggest law firm in New York. – I know. | -它是纽约第二大法律事务所 -我知道 |
[18:23] | The Shearson deal, Transcom…. | 薛尔森案,泛通通讯 |
[18:24] | I really do know Gage Whitney. I’m saying I’m just having a brain problem. | 我知道盖惠法律事务所 我是说我的脑袋突然短路 |
[18:30] | What are you doing in town? | 你到城里来做什么? |
[18:32] | – I’m on my way to Nashua. – What’s in Nashua? | -我要去纳许华 -你去那里做什么? |
[18:35] | Waste of time. Listen, you know why I’m here? | 浪费我的时间 听着,你知道我为什么会来这里吗? |
[18:39] | You want me to quit my job and come work for Hoynes? | 你要我辞掉工作 去帮何尼斯竞选? |
[18:41] | – He’s gonna win. – Why does he need me? | -他会赢的 -他为什么会需要我? |
[18:43] | A better campaign. Come do some speechwriting. | 他想打场更漂亮的选战 你可以帮他写演讲稿 |
[18:47] | Lisa and I are getting married in September. | 丽莎跟我九月要结婚了 |
[18:52] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[18:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:58] | Listen, I gotta go. I should let you…. | 听着,我得走了 我应该让你 |
[19:01] | – I gotta get back to this thing. – It’s good seeing you again. | -我得回去上班了 -很高兴能再见到你 |
[19:05] | It’s good seeing you too. I miss you. | 我也是,我很想你 |
[19:10] | Congratulations on the partnership. | 恭喜你当上了合伙人 |
[19:13] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[19:17] | Hoynes. | 何尼斯 |
[19:20] | He’s not the real thing, is he? | 他不是总统的合适人选,对吧? |
[19:23] | – The thing you gotta know about… – It’s okay. | -你得知道 -没关系的 |
[19:26] | No, I’m saying…. | 不,我是说 |
[19:29] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[19:31] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[19:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:39] | – What are you doing? – Protecting oil companies from litigation. | -你在做什么? -保护石油公司不会被告 |
[19:45] | They’re our client. | 他们是我们的客户 |
[19:46] | They don’t lose legal protection because they make a lot of money. | 他们不会因为是有钱人 而失去司法的保护 |
[19:50] | I can’t believe no one ever wrote a folk song about that. | 我不敢相信没有人 把那句话编成民歌 |
[19:56] | If I see the real thing in Nashua, should I tell you about it? | 如果我在纳许华看到了总统的合适人选 我应该通知你吗? |
[20:02] | – You won’t have to. – Why? | -你不必那么做 -为什么? |
[20:05] | – You’ve got a pretty bad poker face. – Okay. | -你有一张难看的扑克脸 -好吧 |
[20:10] | – Take it easy. – Okay. | -放轻松 -我会的 |
[20:19] | – I’m sorry. – That’s okay. | -对不起 -没关系 |
[20:21] | I’m sorry. I was just…. | 对不起,我只是 |
[20:22] | George Washington emergency. We’re not giving any information. | 乔治华盛顿医院急诊室 我们不会发表任何意见 |
[20:26] | – Dr. Bartlet. – Yes. | -巴特勒医生 -是的 |
[20:27] | The president’s going to be fine. | 总统会没事的 |
[20:30] | You can see him in the recovery room in about two hours. | 两小时后 你可以到恢复室看他 |
[20:32] | Thank you. No organ damage? | 谢谢你,他的器官有受损吗? |
[20:36] | No, ma’am. And the blood loss was minimal. | 没有,夫人,失血量不多 |
[20:39] | Dr. Keller was able to visualize the entire abdomen… | 凯勒医生可以看到 整个腹部 |
[20:42] | …and he’s secure with the diagnostic sensitivity of the laparoscopy. | 他以腹腔镜检查 做出准确的诊断 |
[20:46] | What about Josh? | 乔西呢? |
[20:48] | The bullet lacerated his pulmonary artery. | 子弹割裂了他的肺动脉 |
[20:51] | – Can they try a Gore-Tex graft? – No. they’re gonna have to stay in… | -他们不能用结合薄膜植体吗? -不行,他们得待在手术室 |
[20:54] | …and try to repair the artery primarily. – Thank you. | -试着修补受伤的动脉 -谢谢你 |
[21:01] | The president’s going to be fine. | 总统没事了 |
[21:04] | The bullet seems to have gone out of its way not to hit anything. | 子弹似乎贯穿他的身体 没有打中任何器官 |
[21:07] | Now, here’s what’s happening with Josh. The situation…. | 乔西的情况是这样的,他 |
[21:11] | – Thank you. – What do you know? | -谢谢你 -你知道些什么? |
[21:13] | He’ll be out of surgery in about two hours. Fitzwallace is on a plane? | 再过两小时他就能结束手术 费兹华伦斯在飞机上了吗? |
[21:17] | He was on his way to Manila. He’ll be back in about four hours. | 他正要到马尼拉 他四小时内就会飞回来 |
[21:20] | – We got him by phone? – Yeah. | -电话联络上他了吗? -是的 |
[21:22] | – Good evening. – Good evening, Mr. McGarry. | -晚安 -晚安,马加瑞先生 |
[21:24] | – Where’s the national security advisor? – On her way. | -国家安全顾问在哪里? -她马上到 |
[21:26] | – So is the vice president. – Good evening, everybody. | -副总统也是马上就到 -大家晚安 |
[21:29] | Could you have someone send over some clothes? I look like an idiot. | 麻烦你派人帮我送件衣服过来 我看起来像个白痴 |
[21:33] | – Nancy, you’ve seen the KH-10 pictures? – Yeah. | -南西,你看过卫星传回来的照片吗? -我看过了 |
[21:36] | – Know what they mean? – I wouldn’t go that far. | -你知道什么意思吗? -我不会那么说 |
[21:38] | – Good evening, Mr. Vice President. – Good evening, Nancy, Leo. | -晚安,副总统先生 -晚安,南西,里奥 |
[21:41] | – Jack. – Ten-hut. | -杰克 -立正 |
[21:46] | No, as you were. It’s okay. | 不,请稍息,别那么客气 |
[21:51] | Bobby, can you report on domestic activity? | 巴比,麻烦你针对 国内的活动做个报告 |
[21:54] | Yes, sir. There’s not much. Air traffic control down for 22 minutes at Logan. | 是的,长官,现在资料不多 洛根机场空中交通管制关闭了22分钟 |
[21:59] | Citibank computers were off-line for a little more than an hour… | 花旗银行的电脑 离线超过一小时 |
[22:02] | …and the lights went out for seven minutes at the Delta Center. | 三角洲中心球场的灯熄灭了七分钟 |
[22:05] | Somebody tell me. These shooters didn’t have a wallet, driver’s license? | 请回答我的问题 这些枪手没有皮夹或驾照吗? |
[22:09] | They didn’t have anything on them. They knew we were gonna get them. | 他们身上没有任何物品 他们知道我们一定会抓到他们 |
[22:13] | If this signal guy isn’t in custody in one hour, I’m gonna federalize… | 如果一小时内抓不到负责指挥的家伙 我要下令派出 |
[22:16] | …the Virginia National Guard. | 维吉尼亚州国民兵 |
[22:18] | It’s worth mentioning that we do not know the whereabouts of a half-dozen… | 还有一件事很重要 我们不知道六名恐怖份子领袖的下落 |
[22:22] | …cell leaders, including Bin Laden, but that’s not my concern right now. | 包括了本拉登在内 但那不是我现在最担心的事 |
[22:26] | – What is your concern? – Can we look at the KH-10’s? | -你担心什么事? -我们能看看卫星传回来的照片吗? |
[22:28] | I’ve seen them. I’m not worried about it. | 我已经看过了 我一点都不担心 |
[22:31] | Leo, these images show a sudden buildup of frontline… | 里奥,这些照片显示 共和军卫队突然间 |
[22:34] | …Republican Guard units along the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. | 沿着底格里斯河 跟幼发拉底河大批聚集 |
[22:37] | It’s not sudden. They do it every few months. | 这不是突然间的行动 他们每隔几个月都会这么做 |
[22:39] | And they’re moving south. | 他们往南移动 |
[22:41] | Not 13 hours ago, they shot down an F-117 in the no-fly. | 十三小时前 他们在禁航区击落一架F-117 |
[22:45] | The rescue mission invaded their airspace with armed M-50 Pave Hawks… | 搜救小组驾驶武装M-50攀鹰直升机 侵入他们的领空 |
[22:49] | …and my recommendation would be that the president order Fitzwallace… | 我建议总统下令费兹华伦斯 |
[22:52] | …to put the 32nd Tactical on ready alert and take us to DEFCON 4. | 要第三十二战略师做好戒备 和提升到四级备战等级 |
[22:55] | The president is under general anesthesia right now. | 总统正被全身麻醉 |
[22:58] | If he weren’t, I’m sure he’d be comforted by knowing that RDF… | 如果他还清醒着 我相信他知道快速部署部队 |
[23:02] | …can put Marines on the ground in 36 hours. | 能在三十六小时内 让海军陆战队顺利登陆 |
[23:04] | – We may not have 36 hours. – Iraqi Republican Guard… | -我们没有三十六小时的时间 -伊拉克共和军卫队 |
[23:08] | …can’t find their car keys in 36 hours. | 不会在三十六小时内准备好 |
[23:10] | Look at the pictures. I think they found them. | 看看这些照片 我想他们准备好了 |
[23:30] | Nancy, we’re gonna follow Leo for the moment. | 南西,现在我们得听里奥的 |
[23:35] | Jack, what’s the best way to get a message to Iraq? | 杰克,用什么方法 可以传话给伊拉克? |
[23:38] | – King of Jordan. – Okay. | -我们可以透过约旦国王传话 -好吧 |
[23:42] | Leo, what do you want the message to be? | 里奥,你要跟他们说什么? |
[23:47] | Don’t mess with us tonight. | 今晚别来惹我们 |
[24:02] | Excuse me. We can’t make you very comfortable here… | 抱歉,这里不是很舒服的环境 |
[24:06] | …and Josh’s procedure is likely to take 12 to 14 hours. So… | 乔西还要动 十二到十四小时的手术,所以 |
[24:12] | I’m sorry. They told me I should come back here. I’m sorry. | 对不起 他们说我应该回这里来,抱歉 |
[24:19] | – Is there word on the president? – The president’s gonna be fine. | -有总统的消息吗? -总统没事了 |
[24:24] | Oh, thank God. Thank God. That’s the best news I’ve ever heard. | 谢天谢地 那是我听过最棒的消息 |
[24:29] | I got here as fast as I could. I had a hard time getting in. | 我尽快赶到这里来了 我差点就进不来 |
[24:33] | I had to find an agent who knew me, I was shaking… | 我得找个认识我的探员带我进来 我全身在发抖 |
[24:36] | …it was just… I didn’t know anything. – Donna. | -那就像是我什么都不知道 -唐娜 |
[24:41] | Josh was hit. | 乔西被打中了 |
[24:49] | Hit with what? | 他被什么打中了? |
[24:51] | He was shot. In the chest. | 他的胸部中枪 |
[24:55] | He’s in surgery right now. | 现在正在开刀 |
[25:00] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[25:03] | I don’t understand. Is…? | 我不明白,他? |
[25:07] | Is it serious? | 情况很严重吗? |
[25:10] | Yes, it’s critical. | 对,情况很严重 |
[25:12] | The bullet collapsed his lung and damaged a major artery. | 子弹打中他的肺部 伤及主动脉 |
[25:22] | I was just saying we can’t make you very comfortable here… | 我在说,这里不是个很舒服的环境 |
[25:25] | …and the procedure’s likely to take 12 to 14 hours. | 手术还要进行 十二到十四小时 |
[25:28] | We won’t know anything until morning. I’m sure there are things… | 明天早上才能确定情况 我相信 |
[25:31] | …you’re supposed to be attending to right now, so if you like… | 你们应该有事要做 所以如果你们愿意的话 |
[25:34] | …we can stay in touch with you at your homes and offices throughout the night. | 今晚我们可以打电话 到你们家里和办公室跟你们联络 |
[25:54] | Leo’s meeting with the leadership soon. When he’s done, I’ll talk to the press. | 里奥正在跟大头们开会 他开完会后我会对媒体发表谈话 |
[25:58] | I’m gonna go back to the residence and pick up some things for the president. | 我要回家 帮总统拿点他需要的东西 |
[26:15] | C.J., when can we talk to the medical team? | 茜洁,我们什么时候 可以跟医疗小组谈? |
[26:18] | Benjamin Keller, the chief surgeon, and Admiral Jarvis… | 主任外科医生班哲明凯勒 跟总统的私人医生 |
[26:21] | …the president’s personal physician, will be available in a few hours. | 贾维斯上将 他们几小时内会有空 |
[26:26] | – Was the 25th Amendment discussed? – No. | -讨论过第二十五号修正案了吗? -还没有 |
[26:30] | – What? Why not? – I’m sorry? | -什么?为什么? -你说什么? |
[26:32] | Why hasn’t the 25th Amendment been discussed? | 为什么没有讨论 第二十五号修正案? |
[26:34] | Danny, as I said before, the president’s wounds are relatively superficial. | 丹尼,我说过 总统的伤势很轻微 |
[26:38] | He’ll be out of surgery before morning and he’s expected to make a full… | 天亮前他就能结束手术 他很快 |
[26:42] | …and speedy recovery. | 就会完全康复 |
[26:44] | – Anything on the shooters’ identity? – I’m sorry? | -查出枪手的身份了吗? -你说什么? |
[26:46] | – Anything on the identity of the shooters? – Not yet. | -查出枪手的身份了吗? -还没有 |
[26:49] | AP is reporting that two bodies were brought out of the building. | 美联社报导 有两具尸体被抬出办公大楼 |
[26:52] | – I don’t have anything for you on that. – They’re also reporting… | -我不能发表意见 -他们还报导 |
[26:56] | …a massive manhunt underway for a possible third accomplice on the ground. | 当局发动大批人力 搜捕在地面上的第三名共犯 |
[27:00] | I don’t have anything for you on that either. | 我也不能 针对这点发表意见 |
[27:03] | C.J.! Can you tell us why the AP knows more than you do? | 茜洁,你能告诉我们为什么 美联社知道的事比你多吗? |
[27:07] | I don’t believe that, I just believe they’re willing… | 我不敢相信 我只知道他们很乐意 |
[27:10] | …to tell you more than I am. | 告诉你们我不想说的事 |
[27:12] | – One more question. Arthur. – In previous administrations… | -最后一个问题,亚瑟 -在之前的规定中 |
[27:15] | …the president entered and exited public buildings under a tent or canopy… | 总统得经由帐篷或布幕 进出公开场所 |
[27:18] | …the Secret Service wanting to limit his visibility in open air. | 秘勤局不希望 他身处在空旷处 |
[27:21] | Can you talk about why this precaution isn’t taken for President Bartlet? | 你能谈谈为什么巴特勒总统 没有采取这项预防措施吗? |
[27:25] | – Or at least why it wasn’t tonight. – Arthur, it’s policy… | -为什么今晚他没有那么做 -亚瑟,那是政策 |
[27:28] | …not to comment on protection procedures. | 我无法对保护措施 发表评论 |
[27:31] | If you won’t answer straightforward questions… | 如果你不直接回答问题 |
[27:34] | …is there anything you can tell us? | 你有什么可以告诉我们呢? |
[27:37] | – I’m sorry? – Is there anything you can tell us? | -你说什么? -你有什么可以告诉我们呢? |
[27:43] | I’ll be back for a briefing in an hour and a half. Hopefully we’ll know more then. | 一个半小时后我回来做简报 希望到时候我们能知道更多的讯息 |
[27:50] | – Cabinet’s meeting in five minutes. – What did that mean: | -内阁在五分钟内要召开会议 -那是什么意思? |
[27:52] | – “You can’t seem to give us answers”? – You scratched your neck. | -“你似乎没办法给我们答案” -你在抓脖子 |
[27:56] | – What? – The side of your neck. | -什么? -你在抓你的颈侧 |
[27:57] | I lost my necklace. It must’ve come off when…. | 我的项链不见了 它一定是掉了,就在 |
[28:00] | – When what? – Somebody pushed me down. | -什么时候掉的? -有人将我推倒的时候 |
[28:03] | – It must’ve come off then. – C.J. | -一定是那个时候掉的 -茜洁 |
[28:05] | I’m sorry. I’d like to not be a reporter for a few minutes… | 对不起 你暂时别把我当成记者 |
[28:08] | …but you gotta answer my question. – What was it? | -但你得回答我的问题 -你有什么问题? |
[28:10] | The president’s under anesthesia… | 总统被麻醉了 |
[28:12] | …he’ll be on a morphine drip in post-op. Without the 25th, who’s in charge? | 手术后他得注射吗啡 没有第二十五号修正案,谁是老大呢? |
[28:16] | The vice president, secretary of state, national security advisor… | 副总统,国务�� 国家安全顾问 |
[28:20] | …secretary of defense, chairman of the Joint Chiefs… | 国防部长 参谋首长联席会议主席 |
[28:22] | You just named six people. Who’s in charge? | 你说了六个人,但谁是老大呢? |
[28:25] | The Canadians. You understand I’m talking about the hockey team. | 加拿大人 你知道我指的是曲棍球队 |
[28:28] | – Look… – Just give me a little time. | -听着 -给我一点时间 |
[28:37] | Fitzwallace agrees with me, Nancy. Any upgrade in our DEFCON posture… | 费兹华伦斯同意我的看法,南西 只要我们的备战等级一升高 |
[28:40] | …and the world’s gonna wake up in the middle of the night. | 全世界的人 会在大半夜惊醒过来 |
[28:44] | The world’s awake, Leo. Look at the TV. Look out the window. | 全世界的人都醒了,里奥 看一下电视,看看窗外的景象 |
[28:47] | There was more than one shooter. We think they had a guy on the ground. | 枪手不只一人 我们认为地面上也有他们的人 |
[28:50] | If we think they had one, they may have had more than one. | 如果我们认为枪手只有一人 或许他们根本不只一人 |
[28:54] | Somebody got them into that office. | 有人安排他们 潜入办公大楼 |
[28:56] | This wasn’t a lonely guy who lived with his cats. There was a plan. | 这不是跟猫同住的独行侠 干的好事,这是有预谋的 |
[28:59] | And one of the things we have to assume is that we are under attack right now. | 我们推测 我们正遭受攻击 |
[29:03] | In which case, the vice president should order the 32nd Tactical… | 也就是副总统得下令 第三十二战略师 |
[29:07] | …on ready alert and take us to DEFCON 4. | 做好戒备 提升到四级备战等级 |
[29:09] | – Council’s office isn’t sure he can. – Why not? | -参谋首长联席会议不确定他能那么做 -为什么? |
[29:12] | – He never signed the letter. – What letter? | -他没有签署文件 -什么文件? |
[29:15] | If the president’s gonna be under a general anesthetic… | 如果总统要做全身麻醉 |
[29:18] | He’s gotta sign a letter giving the vice president power? | 他得签署一份文件 将权力转交给副总统? |
[29:21] | The Constitution doesn’t give it to him unless the president’s dead. | 除非总统死了 宪法无法将权力转交给副总统 |
[29:24] | He’s bleeding and has to draft a memo? | 他得边流血边签文件? |
[29:26] | – Yeah. – I’m getting questions… | -对 -丹尼康可南 |
[29:29] | …from Danny Concanon on it. – It gets more complicated… | -问了我很多问题 -情况会变得更复杂 |
[29:31] | …if you’d read Section 202 of the National Security Act of 1947. | 如果你看过1947年 国家安全法令第202条 |
[29:36] | – Let’s assume I haven’t. – It says that the secretary of defense… | -假设我没有看过好了 -它说国防部 |
[29:39] | …will be principal assistant to the president on matters of national security. | 在国家安全事务上 是总统的主要助手 |
[29:43] | – What does ” principal assistant” mean? – It doesn’t specify. | -“主要助手”是什么意思? -里面并没有说明 |
[29:47] | It wouldn’t, because this is an area of federal law where you’d want ambiguity. | 它不会说明 因为这一条联邦法令需要留有余地 |
[29:51] | – Yeah. – Excuse me. | -对 -对不起 |
[29:53] | – I’m gonna go back to the hospital. – I’ll be there in a little bit. | -我要回医院去 -我待会就到 |
[29:59] | Try and hold Danny off till the council’s office tells us where we are. | 在参谋首长联席会议给我们答案前 尽量拖延丹尼 |
[30:03] | – Yeah. Listen… – Scratched your neck. | -对,听着 -你在抓脖子 |
[30:05] | – What? – Your neck. | -什么? -你的脖子 |
[30:06] | That’s where my necklace…. They’re asking me about… | -什么? -你的脖子 我本来戴着项链 他们问我 |
[30:08] | …the canopy the Secret Service used to use for outdoor entrances and exits. | 秘勤局在户外出入口 会使用的帐篷 |
[30:12] | – Who asked you? – It was Arthur Leeds… | -谁问你的? -亚瑟李德斯 |
[30:15] | …and then a couple of others stopped me. | 后来其他记者 打断我的回答 |
[30:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:21] | We don’t comment on protection procedures… | 我们不能 对保护总统的方式进行评论 |
[30:23] | …so I don’t think we’ll have to answer that. | 所以我想 我们不必回答那个问题 |
[30:26] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -对 -好吧 |
[30:30] | – See you at the hospital. – Yeah. | -医院见 -好吧 |
[30:34] | I need Section 202 of the National Securities Act of 1947. | 我要看1947年 国家安全法令第202条 |
[30:39] | Hey, Ginger. I didn’t know you were here. | 嗨,金洁 我不知道你在这里 |
[30:41] | I just got here. | 我刚刚才到 |
[30:44] | I just…. | 我只是 |
[30:46] | I turned on the TV…. | 我打开了电视 |
[30:49] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[30:53] | Come here. | 过来 |
[30:56] | It’s all right. It’s okay. | 没事的,没关系 |
[30:59] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:04] | – You all right? – Yeah. | -你没事吧? -我没事 |
[31:08] | – Ready to go to work? – Yeah. | -准备好工作了吗? -是的 |
[31:13] | – You want another one of those? – What? | -你要再来一杯吗? -什么? |
[31:16] | I didn’t say anything. | 我没有说话 |
[31:18] | – You want another one of those? – Yeah. | -你要再来一杯吗? -好 |
[31:25] | I gotta tell you, I didn’t even know Bartlet was running. | 我得告诉你 我甚至不知道巴特勒在竞选 |
[31:29] | Yeah, we keep that secret pretty good. | 对,我们一直都在保密 |
[31:34] | He’s speaking at the VFW Hall tonight. You should come. | <汉克酒吧 新罕布夏州,纳许华> |
[31:37] | I’m not very political. | 今晚他要在海外战役退伍军人协会的 演讲厅发表演说,你应该来的 我对政治没有兴趣 |
[31:39] | There’ll be free chicken. | 有免费的鸡肉可以吃 |
[31:41] | You’ve been a…. What’d you call it? | 你一直是 你是怎么说的? |
[31:44] | – Professional political operative. – You’ve been one your whole life? | -职业政治工作人员 -你一直都是干这一行的吗? |
[31:48] | Well, there was a while there I was in elementary school. | 有一阵子 我在小学工作 |
[31:54] | You any good at it? | 你很厉害吗? |
[32:02] | I’m very good at it. | 我非常厉害 |
[32:05] | What’s your record? | 你有过什么样的记录? |
[32:07] | – My record? – How many elections have you won? | -我的记录? -你打赢过几场选战? |
[32:13] | Altogether? | 全部吗? |
[32:17] | Including city council, two congressional races, Senate race… | 包括市议员选举在内 两场国会选举,参议员选举 |
[32:21] | …gubernatorial campaign and a national campaign? | 州长选举 跟一场全国性选举? |
[32:29] | – None. – None of them? | -我从没有赢过 -你没赢过? |
[32:36] | You gotta be impressed with my consistency. | 你一定很欣赏我 这个不赢的纪录 |
[32:40] | – So let me ask you something. – Sure. | -我要问你一件事 -问吧 |
[32:45] | How come you’re drinking so much so early in the day? | 你怎么会这么早 就喝这么多酒呢? |
[32:52] | I’m about to get fired. | 我快被开除了 |
[33:02] | It was good meeting you. | 很高兴能认识你 |
[33:14] | That has less to do with overall consumer spending… | 这个与消费者支出的关系 |
[33:17] | …than it does with the consumer price index. | 比与消费者物价指数的关系还要少 |
[33:21] | The markets tend to be late in responding to those trends… | <海外战役退伍军人协会演讲厅 新罕布夏州,纳许华> |
[33:23] | …so you get what doctors call a false positive. | 市场的反应很慢 所以会得到 学者们所说的假性正面印象 |
[33:26] | The science of economics is a lot less of an exact science than we pretend. | 经济学不是一门科学 |
[33:30] | We build complex models with thousands of variables… | 我们用数千个变数 建立起复杂的模型 |
[33:35] | …to predict how the economy will work…. | 预测未来的经济走向 |
[33:37] | What’s he gonna say? | 他会说什么呢? |
[33:40] | – About what? – If he’s asked the question. | -什么? -如果有人问他问题的话 |
[33:42] | – What question? – The New England DFC. | -什么问题? -新英格兰酪农业协定 |
[33:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:47] | – You talked to him, didn’t you? – Yeah. | -你跟他谈过吧? -对 |
[33:49] | – Well, what’s he gonna say? – I don’t know. | -他会说什么? -我不知道 |
[33:52] | You talked to him about the New England DFC… | 你跟他谈过 新英格兰酪农业协定 |
[33:54] | – Yes. – You wrote him a memo? | -对 -你帮他写了小抄? |
[33:56] | – Yes. – And I’m asking, what’s he gonna say? | -对 -我想知道他会怎么回答 |
[33:59] | I have no new information since the last time you asked me that question. | 自从你上次问过我这个问题后 我一直没有收到新消息 |
[34:04] | Let me put it another way. | 让我换个方式来说吧 |
[34:06] | You and your husband are paying $600 more every year than you would… | 你跟你丈夫 每年要比你们单身 |
[34:09] | …if you were unmarried and filing individually. | 或是分开报税时多付六百块 |
[34:12] | Couples who live together outside the covenant of marriage… | 没有结婚的同居男女 |
[34:14] | …do so for reasons that have nothing…. | 也得那么做 只因为他们没有 |
[34:16] | You told him to go ahead and piss off the dairy farmers, didn’t you? | 你要他惹毛那些酪农对吧? |
[34:22] | If he’s asked about the New England DFC… | 如果他被问到 新英格兰酪农业协定 |
[34:24] | …you told him to piss off the dairy farmers. | 你要他去惹毛那些酪农 |
[34:28] | I said that if asked about it tonight, he should, if only because… | 我说如果今晚有人问起这件事 他应该那么做,只因为 |
[34:32] | …it’s the easiest thing to remember, tell the truth. | 最容易被人记起的事 就是说实话 |
[34:36] | – Do you enjoy losing? – Not that much, no. | -你喜欢输吗? -不怎么喜欢 |
[34:39] | But then again, I really don’t have a lot to compare it to, so…. | 但我真的没有什么可以比较,所以 |
[34:42] | …the bulk of other previous losses, which, in effect, is a much larger tax… | 之前失败的原因 事实上是高估了 |
[34:47] | …on overstated, real profits. – Yes. | -加税的真正利益 -对 |
[34:51] | – You didn’t understand any of that, right? – A little. | -你们不了解我的意思吧? -我听得懂一点点 |
[34:54] | Me too. Yeah. | 我也是 |
[34:56] | Governor Bartlet, when you were a member of Congress… | 巴特勒州长 你还是国会议员时 |
[34:59] | …you voted against the New England Dairy Farming Compact. | 你投票反对 新英格兰酪农业协定 |
[35:03] | That vote hurt me, sir. | 那一票伤害我很深,先生 |
[35:04] | I’m a businessman, and that vote hurt me to the tune of maybe 10 cents a gallon. | 我是生意人 那一票害得我一加仑牛奶少赚了十毛钱 |
[35:09] | And I voted for you three times for congressman. | 我连续三次 投票选你当国会议员 |
[35:12] | I voted for you twice for governor. | 两次投票选你当州长 |
[35:15] | And I’m here, sir, and I’d like to ask you for an explanation. | 先生,我在这里 想请你好好地解释一下 |
[35:24] | Yeah. I screwed you on that one. | 对,那次我背叛了你们 |
[35:28] | – I’m sorry? – I screwed you. You got hosed. | -你说什么? -我背叛了你们,你们被耍了 |
[35:31] | – Sir, I… – Not just you. A lot of my constituents. | -先生,我 -不只是你们,我很多选民都觉得失望 |
[35:34] | I put the hammer to farms… | 我打击 |
[35:37] | …in Concord, Salem, Laconia, Pelham, Hampton, Hudson. | 康柯德、沙伦、拉康尼亚 佩尔汉、汉普顿跟哈德森的农场 |
[35:41] | You guys got rogered but good. | 你们损失减少,但那是件好事 |
[35:44] | Today, for the first time in history, the largest group of Americans… | 今天是历史上第一次 美国的穷人们 |
[35:48] | …living in poverty are children. | 大部份都是儿童 |
[35:50] | One in five children live in the most abject, dangerous, hopeless… | 五个儿童中有一个 活在我们无法想像的 |
[35:54] | …backbreaking, gut-wrenching poverty any of us could imagine. | 贫穷、危险、绝望 辛苦跟恶劣的环境中 |
[35:58] | One in five, and they’re children. | 比例高达五分之一,他们是儿童 |
[36:00] | If fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion… | 如果自由跟民主 是人权的代表 |
[36:05] | …then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that… | 那么我们该发挥人道精神 尽量落实 |
[36:08] | …unwritten commandment that says, “We shall give our children… | 这项不成文的规定 “我们应该让孩子们 |
[36:11] | …better than we ourselves receive. “ | 过着比我们更好的生活” |
[36:14] | Let me put it this way: | 就让我这么说吧 |
[36:17] | I voted against it because I didn’t wanna make it harder for people to buy milk. | 我会投反对票是因为 我不希望大家得花更多钱买牛奶 |
[36:21] | I stopped some money from flowing into your pocket. If that angers you… | 我害你们收入减少 如果那惹火了你们 |
[36:24] | …if you resent me, I respect that. | 如果你们恨我,我尊重你们 |
[36:26] | But if you expect anything different from the president… | 但如果你们以为 总统不该那么做 |
[36:29] | …you should vote for someone else. Thanks very much, everybody. | 你们可以投别人一票 谢谢大家 |
[36:32] | Hope you enjoyed the chicken. | 希望你们都觉得鸡肉好吃 <星期二,凌晨一点四十五分> |
[36:51] | Jed, please. I want you to lie still for a few hours. | 杰德,拜托 我要你乖乖躺上几个小时 |
[36:55] | – Mr. President? – I wanna see him. | -总统先生? -我要去看他 |
[36:58] | – Is he okay? – I told him about Josh. | -他没事吧? -我跟他提过乔西的事 |
[37:00] | – Please, help me to the door. – You should stay in bed. | -拜托,扶我到门边 -你应该待在床上的 |
[37:03] | Charlie brought me some clothes. Please, let me see him. | 查理帮我拿了些衣服来 拜托,让我去看他 |
[37:14] | – Okay. Just for a minute. | – Okay. -好吧,只能看一下 -好的 |
[37:17] | – What’s next? – The thing about saying the name. | -接下来是什么? -关于名字的问题 |
[37:19] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[37:21] | If I could just reframe the point Cal was making… | 如果我重覆 卡尔说过的话 |
[37:23] | I understood the point Cal was making. I was sitting there when he made it… | 我了解卡尔说了什么 他说话时我就坐在旁边 |
[37:27] | …my ears are connected to my brain, and I’m saying, what’s next? | 我的耳朵跟脑袋连在一起 我说接下来是什么? |
[37:30] | Sir, by repeating the name of your opponent in public… | 先生,在公开场合 重覆对手的名字 |
[37:34] | …you essentially give him free advertising. | 基本上你是免费在为他做广告 |
[37:36] | Cal thinks you should start referring to him as “my opponent. “ | 卡尔认为你应该 开始称呼他为“我的对手” |
[37:40] | Or “the other guy,” “the other side. ” Maybe there are other suggestions. | 或“那个人” , “敌营” 或许我们会想出其他的称呼 |
[37:44] | You want me to refer to Senator John Hoynes of Texas, who at the moment… | 你要我称呼德州的 约翰何尼斯参议员,现在他 |
[37:47] | …has a 48-point lead for the Democratic nomination as “the other guy”? | 在民主党提名中以百分之四十八 的支持率领先,叫他作“那个人”? |
[37:52] | you’re not afraid it’s gonna make me look like I can’t remember his name? | 你不害怕那会让我看起来 像是不记得他的名字? |
[37:56] | I am. I think it’s gonna make me look like I can’t remember his name. | 我很害怕,我觉得那会让我看起来 像是不记得他的名字 |
[38:00] | I think it’s gonna make me look addled. It’s gonna make me look dotty. | 我想那会让我看起来像个呆子 它会让我看起来像白痴 |
[38:04] | And even if it didn’t make me look like that, it would remain a stupid idea. | 就算不是那样子好了 它也是个愚蠢的点子 |
[38:09] | What’s next? Nothing? Excellent. | 接下来是什么? 没事了吗?太好了 |
[38:20] | Okay, what’s next? | 好吧,接下来是什么? |
[38:22] | We have to talk about what happened tonight. | 我们得谈谈今晚发生了的事 |
[38:24] | I thought he did well. I’d like to have seen more seats filled. | 我觉得他表现的很好 我以为人会再多一点 |
[38:28] | – That’s not what I’m talking about. – What? | -我不是那个意思 -什么? |
[38:30] | The governor’s answer tonight. | 今晚州长的回答 |
[38:32] | I’m just guessing. I’m pretty drunk. | 我只是在乱猜,我喝醉了 |
[38:36] | I am talking about the governor’s answer tonight. But I’m also talking about… | 我是指今晚州长的回答 但我也是指 |
[38:41] | Every day there’s… Look, Toby, we can talk about this with you here… | 每天听着,托比 我们可以在这里跟你谈 |
[38:44] | …or, if you’re more comfortable… – I don’t have time… | -如果你要的话 -我没有时间 |
[38:47] | …to make people comfortable. If change has to be made, it has to be made. | 让大家觉得安心 该做出改变的时候就得做出改变 |
[38:52] | – Jerry, Cal, Mack, Steve, you’re fired. – What? | -你们被开除了 -什么? |
[38:57] | – What? – No kidding. It’s moving day. | -什么? -这不是开玩笑,你们今天就得滚蛋 |
[39:00] | I want Toby. The rest of you, thanks very much. | 我要留下托比 至于其他的人,谢谢你们 |
[39:07] | Fellas, look at my face. You’re done. | 大伙们,看着我的脸,你们完蛋了 |
[39:24] | Don’t screw up. | 别搞砸了 |
[39:34] | It’s freezing cold in October. I don’t know how you people live here. | 十月的天气已经很冷 我不知道你们怎么在这里活下来的 |
[39:38] | – Did you just fire Cal Mathis? – Yeah. | -你开除了卡尔马席斯? -对 |
[39:41] | You fired him? | 你开除了他? |
[39:42] | Yeah. And Jerry and Mack and Steve and the other guy. | 对,还有杰瑞,马克 史提夫跟另一个家伙 |
[39:46] | – Is there anyone you kept? – I kept Toby Ziegler. | -你留下了任何人吗? -我留下托比齐格 |
[39:49] | You kept Toby Ziegler and you fired everybody else. | 你留下托比齐格 开除了其他人 |
[39:51] | Toby’s the only person working for us I don’t know, and he’s the one you kept. | 为我们工作的人当中 只有托比我不认识,而你留下了他 |
[39:56] | – Take him home, would you? – Those were the only people I knew. | -麻烦你送他回家 -我只认识那些被你开除的人 |
[39:59] | They were worthless. It’s time we bring in what we need. | 他们一点用处都没有 我们得引用我们需要的人才 |
[40:01] | – So you made that decision on your own? – Yeah. You know why? | -你自己擅做决定? -对,你知道为什么吗? |
[40:04] | You’re a crappy politician. You’ll find I’ll be making… | 你是个别脚政客 以后你会发现 |
[40:07] | …a lot of decisions on my own, so get used to it. | 我自己做了很多决定 所以你最好开始习惯它 |
[40:10] | I got elected to Congress by this state. | 这个州选我当国会议员 |
[40:12] | They sent me three times, and elected me governor, all without your help. | 他们让我进军国会三次 还选我当州长,那全跟你无关 |
[40:17] | – Don’t start. – No, seriously, that’s a real… | -别跟我辩 -不,真的,那是个 |
[40:19] | …political accomplishment, considering your family founded this state. | 伟大的政治成就 更何况你的家族建立了这个州 |
[40:22] | Were you opposed in any of those elections? | 在那些选举中 你有遇到任何阻力吗? |
[40:25] | – You got rid of all the people I know. – Yeah. | -你开除了所有我认识的人 -对 |
[40:29] | Have a good night. | 祝你有个愉快的夜晚 |
[40:32] | Why you doing this? You’re a player. You’re bigger in the party than I am… | 你为什么要这么做?你是个玩家 你比我更擅于政治 |
[40:37] | …Hoynes would make you national chairman. Leo! | 何尼斯会任命你 担任全国主席,里奥! |
[40:40] | – Tell me this isn’t one of the 12 steps. – That’s what it is. | -告诉我这不是十二步骤之一 -这就是 |
[40:43] | After admitting we’re powerless over alcohol… | 在承认 我们无法解决酗酒问题后 |
[40:45] | …and a higher power can restore us to sanity. | 有一股更强大的力量 能让我们恢复声望 |
[40:48] | – That’s where you come in. – Leo. | -那就是你的工作 -里奥 |
[40:49] | Because I’m tired of it, year after year after year after year… | 因为我厌倦了这一切 年复一年 |
[40:54] | …having to choose between the lesser of “Who cares? “ | 我得学会 “两害相权取其轻” |
[40:57] | Trying to get excited about a candidate who can speak in complete sentences. | 试着为能完整说出一句话的 候选人鼓掌 |
[41:01] | Of setting the bar so low I can hardly look at it. | 我把条件定得太低 差一点便看不到 |
[41:06] | They say a good man can’t get elected president. | 俗话说 好人无法当选总统 |
[41:09] | I don’t believe that. Do you? | 我不相信,你呢? |
[41:13] | – And you think I’m that man? – Yes. | -你认为我能当选? -对 |
[41:16] | Doesn’t it matter that I’m not as sure? | 即使我自己并不确定? |
[41:19] | “Act as if ye hath faith and faith shall be given to you. “ | “有信心就能成功 你将能获得信心” |
[41:23] | Put another way, “Fake it till you make it. “ | 另一种说法是 “在成功前假装自己很有信心” |
[41:27] | – You did good tonight. – Yeah. | -今晚你表现的很好 -是啊 |
[41:30] | This is the time of Jed Bartlet, old friend. | 杰德巴特勒的时间到了,老友 |
[41:33] | you’re gonna open your mouth and lift houses off the ground. | 你得张开嘴巴 让观众们欢喜若狂 |
[41:37] | Whole houses, clear off the ground. | 撼动所有人 |
[41:43] | And it’s unknown at this time whether or not the president… | 现在我们并不清楚 总统是否 |
[41:46] | …before going under anesthesia, signed a letter that would give temporary…. | 在麻醉前 签署文件将权力 |
[41:51] | …the White House and George Washington Hospital… | 暂时转交给白宫 在乔治华盛顿医院 |
[41:54] | …where several thousand people…. – Thousand people gathered behind… | -有数千人 -数千人聚集在 |
[41:57] | …the police barricades. An impromptu vigil with prayers being made…. | 警方封锁线后 群众自发性地守夜祈祷 |
[42:02] | …understandably are rocked on their heels at this hour, to put it mildly. | 我们感觉到 他们非常坚持 |
[42:07] | Press Secretary C.J. Cregg has appeared at her briefings to be distraught. | 新闻秘书茜洁葛瑞 心神不宁地出席简报 |
[42:13] | Officials at George Washington University Hospital…. | 乔治华盛顿大学医院的人 |
[42:16] | And in the fourth hour of a massive manhunt for a third suspect… | 大规模搜捕第三名嫌犯的行动 已经进入第四个小时 |
[42:19] | …airports up and down the Atlantic Coast are closed. National Guard units…. | 大西洋沿岸的机场关闭 国民兵单位 |
[42:23] | Washington and Baltimore report massive delays, cancellations… | 华盛顿跟巴尔的摩飞机 严重误点,甚至是取消 |
[42:27] | …and closures at major airports…. | 主要机场关闭 |
[42:29] | …rail stations, bus stations and harbors. | 还有火车站,巴士站及港口 |
[42:32] | Travelers are strongly advised to either wait or…. | 当局建议旅客 继续等待或 |
[42:36] | …Navy carrier groups, as well as the 32nd Marine Tactical Division… | 海军战舰群 以及32海军战略师 |
[42:39] | …have been put on a state of heightened alert. | 已经提高了 警戒层级 |
[42:42] | …Agent Ron Butterfield, head of the president’s Secret Service detail. | 朗巴特菲尔探员 是负责总统安全的秘勤主管 |
[42:45] | He was shot in the hand during the attack on the president. | 在暗杀总统的行动中 他手部中弹 |
[42:58] | Look what happened. | 看看这场混乱 白宫风云 |