时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[00:11] | GW, move, move! | 快到乔治华盛顿医院 |
[00:13] | Josh, didn’t you hear me shouting for you? I need a doctor. | 乔西,你没有听到我在叫你吗? 我需要医生 |
[00:18] | – His pulse ox is 92 on 15 liters. – I need to get to New Hampshire. | -动脉血氧含量是92,15公升 -我得到新罕布夏去 |
[00:21] | Come to Nashua, New Hampshire, Thursday and hear Jed Bartlet speak. | 我要你星期四到新罕布夏州的 诺许华来听杰德巴特勒演讲 |
[00:25] | I work for Hoynes. | 我为何尼斯参议员工作 |
[00:27] | – Come to Nashua Thursday night. – Why? | 我为何尼斯参议员工作 -星期四晚上到诺许华来 -为什么? |
[00:30] | That’s what sons do for old friends of their father’s. | 因为这是当儿子的人可以 为老爸的朋友做的事 |
[00:32] | If I see the real thing, should I tell you? | -如果我看到了希望应该通知你吗? |
[00:34] | – You won’t have to. – Why? | -你不必那么做 |
[00:36] | – You got a bad poker face. – Two shooters. | -为什么? -你有一张难看的扑克脸 |
[00:39] | We got them, but there was a signal. | 两名枪手,我们杀了他们 但发现了无线电 |
[00:41] | – There was somebody on the ground? – White male. 20, 25, maybe 5’10”. | -地面上有他们的人? -白人男性,20多岁,5尺10寸高 枪击事件第二部 <狄西猪烧烤场> <星期二,凌晨三点二十八分> |
[01:02] | Deputy White House chief of staff, Joshua Lyman… | 白宫副幕僚长 乔西赖曼 |
[01:05] | …is currently undergoing extensive surgery to repair a collapsed lung… | 正在进行重大手术 修补被子弹击中的肺部 |
[01:10] | …and to remove a bullet that remains lodged in his thoracic region. | 将仍卡在胸部的子弹取出 |
[01:14] | For an update on his condition, let’s go live to Lynn Blakley… | 关于他的最新情况 交给在现场的琳恩布雷克利 |
[01:17] | …who’s standing by at George Washington Hospital. | 她在乔治华盛顿医院为我们报导 |
[01:22] | Wait, we’re not going there just yet. | 等一下,我们还不要看现场情况 |
[01:25] | Now, I’m being told that authorities are reporting another gunshot victim…. | 当局发布 枪战中还有一名受害者 |
[01:40] | – FBI. – Let me see those hands! | -联邦调查局 -把手举到我看得见的地方 |
[01:42] | – Police. – Hold it right there. | -警察 -不要动 |
[01:43] | – Get down. – Police. Right there. | -趴下 -警察,不要动 |
[01:45] | – Police. Freeze! – Throw those hands up. | -警察,不要动 -把手举起来 |
[01:50] | – Get down on the ground now! – Get down. | -立刻趴在地上! -趴下 |
[01:52] | – Secret Service. – I said, get down, now! | -秘勤部 -我要你立刻趴下! |
[02:00] | Don’t move. | 不要动 罗伯洛 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 珍妮尔摩隆奈 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 |
[02:52] | We’re confirming now that a suspect has been taken into custody… | 我们确认 已经有一名嫌犯被捕 |
[02:55] | …and is being questioned by federal law enforcement. | 联邦执法单位 正在进行侦讯 |
[02:58] | At this time, we cannot… | 现在我们无法 |
[03:00] | …we are not releasing any information whatsoever about the suspect. | 我们不会公布 关于嫌犯的资料 |
[03:04] | C.J., can you tell us anything? His name, where he’s from, ethnicity… | 茜洁,你能告诉我们一些东西吗? 他的姓名,住处,种族背景 |
[03:08] | …if you guys suspect a motive? | 你们知不知道他犯案动机? |
[03:10] | I can tell you all those things… | 我可以回答你们这些问题 |
[03:12] | …because when I said we weren’t releasing information… | 我说过我们不能公布嫌犯资料 |
[03:15] | …I meant, except his name, his address, and what we think his motive was. | 我指的是除了他的姓名,住址 跟犯案动机以外的事 |
[03:19] | I am releasing the name of Stephanie Abbott. | 有一名伤者名字是史蒂芬莉艾波特 |
[03:22] | A-B-B-O-T-T, of Silver Spring, Maryland… | 艾―波―特 她住在马里兰州的银泉镇 |
[03:27] | …who was in the crowd and sustained an injury to the left femur… | 案发时她在现场 左股骨受了伤 |
[03:31] | …which is the thigh bone. | 也就是她的左大腿骨 |
[03:33] | The president remains in stable condition in the recovery room… | 总统仍待在恢复室 他的状况很稳定 |
[03:37] | …and is expected to be released some time Wednesday. | 星期三应该就能出院 |
[03:41] | Josh Lyman is now in his sixth hour of surgery… | 乔西赖曼的手术 进行到第六个小时 |
[03:44] | …to repair a collapsed lung and a ruptured pulmonary artery. | 修补受伤的肺脏 跟断裂的肺动脉 |
[03:50] | We won’t have an update on him until the procedure is complete… | 在手术结束前 我们无法公布他的现况 |
[03:54] | …which they expect won’t be for another six or eight hours. | 据估计手术还要 进行六到八小时 |
[03:59] | We’ll keep you updated in the next hour. Thank you very much. | 一小时后我们会提供 最新进展,谢谢大家 |
[04:02] | C.J., what about the conference? | 茜洁,会议进行得如何? |
[04:11] | Ma’am, does the president know they’ve arrested a suspect? | 总统知道 他们逮捕了嫌犯吗? |
[04:14] | Yes, I told him. He’s pretty groggy after the anesthesia. | 我跟他说过了 他因为麻醉,所以还有点疲倦 |
[04:19] | Sam, Toby, you’ve got a phone call in the other room. | 山姆,托比 隔壁房间有你们的电话 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[04:29] | Donna? | 唐娜? |
[04:32] | You wanna throw some water on your face? | 你想去洗把脸吗? |
[04:36] | I should ask, is there anything I’m supposed to be doing right now? | 我该说 现在我应该做什么事吗? |
[04:42] | – No. – Anything that Josh’s office should do? | -不 -有乔西办公室应该做的事吗? |
[04:45] | – Should I make sure it’s farmed out? – No. I’m sure it’s covered. | -我得去确定一切都没问题了吗? -不,我相信有人会处理的 制片:李维林威尔斯 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[05:00] | – You got them on the phone? – Yes. | -他们都在电话线上? -对 |
[05:03] | – Guys? – Yeah, we’re here. | -大伙们 -我们都在 |
[05:05] | Sam, I need you to come here and speak to Nancy McNally about a letter… | 导演:汤犸斯史兰姆 山姆,我要你来这里 跟南西麦纳利解释一份 |
[05:09] | …the president was supposed to sign. She’ll know what you mean. | 总统应该要签署的文件 她会了解你的意思 |
[05:12] | – And, Toby? – Yeah. | -托比? -什么事? |
[05:14] | – They’re still asking about the tent. – Yeah. | -他们还在问帐篷的事 -好吧 |
[05:18] | I’m comfortable with a ” no comment” from the Secret Service. | 我希望秘勤局说 “不予置评” |
[05:21] | What’s this? | 这是怎么一回事? 他们想知道为什么 总统在毫无防备的情况下走到户外 |
[05:23] | They wanna know why the president exited the building in open air. | 他们想知道为什么 总统在毫无防备的情况下走到户外 |
[05:26] | – I’ll talk to somebody at Treasury. – I’ll do it. | -我会跟财政部的人谈 -交给我吧 |
[05:29] | – Let me. – Someone. | -让我来 -总得有人去做 |
[05:30] | We’re in the meeting together. | 我们正在开会 |
[05:32] | – Let’s go back to the office. – Okay. Okay. | -大家回办公室吧 -好的 |
[05:39] | Can the ships pass inspection? | 船舰能通过检查吗? |
[05:41] | They’ll register in Libya and Panama so they aren’t subject to the OPA… | 它们都登记为利比亚跟巴拿马籍 不是OPA的目标 <盖惠法律事务所 曼哈顿中区> |
[05:46] | …which wouldn’t allow an American company to keep it. | 美国公司无法拥有它 |
[05:48] | I think 20-17. | 我想是20―17 <三年前> |
[05:51] | I think 20-15. You get the idea. | 我想是20―15 你知道大慨 |
[05:53] | I think all that’s left then is to dot the T’s. | 我想接下来 就是讨论合约内容 |
[05:56] | Actually, I have a thing. I have a thing I was gonna mention. | 事实上我有一件事 之前我就该提出来说明 |
[05:59] | Just a proposal to throw out there. | 这只是我的想法 |
[06:02] | When I was a congressional aide, we had an expression: | 我还在当国会助理时 我们有句玩笑话 |
[06:04] | ” No idea was too stupid to say out loud. ” So here it is. Bear me out. | “有想法就应该大声地说出来” 所以我要说了,请大家注意听 |
[06:08] | Instead of buying the ships, don’t buy these ships. | 你们在买船舰时 不要买这些船舰 |
[06:12] | Buy other ships. Buy better ships. That’s my idea. | 买其他更好的船舰 那就是我的想法 |
[06:16] | What’s he talking about? | 他在胡说什么? |
[06:18] | That’s a perfectly fair question. Sam, what are you talking about? | 那是个好问题 山姆,你在说什么? |
[06:21] | And we have a no-penalty clause if we pull out before December 1. | 在十二月一日前取消合约 我们并不算是违约 |
[06:25] | But, Sam, we want these ships. This is as little as we’ve ever paid for a fleet. | 但山姆,我们要这些船舰 这是我们能买到最便宜的舰队 |
[06:29] | There’s a reason they don’t cost a lot. | 它们会那么便宜 是有原因的 |
[06:31] | They’re 20-year-old, single-hulled VLCC’s that nobody else wants. | 它们有二十年的历史,单船身 全都是没有人要的超大油轮 |
[06:34] | They’ll hit things and break, because they don’t have good navigation systems. | 它们会撞上东西整个垮掉 因为它们没有配备高级导航系统 |
[06:38] | They don’t have G3 tank gauging, EM-5000 monitoring… | 它们没有第三代的油嘴口 EM-5000型号的监视警报系统 |
[06:41] | …the recommended electropneumatic ballast. | 电动阀门大小也不合规定 |
[06:44] | And yesterday he didn’t know the difference between a ship and boat. | 昨天他分不清楚 船跟船舰有什么差别 |
[06:48] | You told us you covered our liability. | 你说过你会解决责任上的问题 |
[06:50] | Strictly speaking, I did, but there’s a broader liability to consider. | 我的确说过 但我们得考虑其他的责任问题 |
[06:54] | – People drove past Exxon after Valdez. – We’ve got PR firms for PR problems. | -瓦第斯事件后大家盯上了埃克森 -公关公司会负责公关问题 |
[06:58] | There’s a Suez tanker ready to launch at Koje Island in Korea. | 有一艘苏伊士油轮 已经准备在韩国巨济岛下水 |
[07:01] | Chevron dropped the option, and it’s in the cradle. | 夏维隆公司停止这项计划 它仍停留在船坞里 |
[07:04] | Sam, could I talk to you for a second? | 山姆,我可以跟你谈一谈吗? |
[07:07] | 308,000 dead weight tons, carries 2.2 million gallons. | 三十万八千顿重 可以载运二百二十万加仑原油 |
[07:10] | – You can have it for 46 million. – 46 million dollars? | -你可以用四千六百万买下它 -四千六百万? |
[07:13] | – That’s a good price. – Sam, what are you doing? | -这个价钱很不错 -山姆,你在做什么? |
[07:18] | – I think I have an obligation… – What are you doing? | -我想我有义务 -你在做什么? |
[07:21] | Maybe they want to buy safer boats. | 或许他们想买 安全一点的船 |
[07:23] | Are you trying to get fired? | 你想被开除吗? |
[07:25] | Maybe they’ll thank us for the suggestion. | 或许他们会谢谢 我们给了他们好建议 |
[07:27] | Knock it off, Sam. | 别闹了,山姆 -听着 -别闹了 |
[07:28] | – Look… – Knock it off. | -听着 -别闹了 |
[07:36] | I’m looking… Operator, I’m looking for the number of a law firm in Manhattan. | 我要找总机,我要找 曼哈顿第一大法律事务所 |
[07:40] | Here’s the thing, I can’t remember the name of the firm. | 那就是问题所在 我不记得那家事务所的名字 |
[07:43] | No, wait, wait, wait! | 不,等一下! 我刚从新罕布夏州回来 我在那里见到这个家伙,我得 |
[07:44] | I just came back from New Hampshire where I saw this guy and I have to… | 我刚从新罕布夏州回来 我在那里见到这个家伙,我得 |
[07:48] | Listen, it’s a very famous firm that handled Shearson… | 听着,那是家很有名的事务所 客户包括了薛尔森 |
[07:53] | …you must know, okay. You know what, I’m just… Okay. Bye. | 你一定知道,好的 你知道吗?我只是好的,再见 |
[08:00] | – That’s advertised over… – 15 years. | -这个广告播了 -十五年 |
[08:02] | – Pretax? – Sam? | -课税前的金额是? -山姆 |
[08:05] | Fifteen-year pretax amortization? | 十五年课税前分期摊还? |
[08:09] | – Eleven million extra. – Oh, God. | -多加一千一百万 -天啊 |
[08:11] | – This again? – The money will be spent. | -又来了? -这笔钱非花不可 |
[08:13] | You can spend it now or later, but it’s cheaper now. | 你迟早都得花 现在比较便宜 |
[08:16] | – Sam? – It’s the right thing. | -山姆 -这么做是对的 |
[08:18] | Spend 11 million extra on a better boat. | 多花一千一百万 买一艘比较好的船 |
[08:20] | The Amoco Cadiz. 68 million gallons of crude oil off Brittany, France. | 亚莫可卡迪兹号,载运六千八百万加仑 原油驶离法国布列塔尼 |
[08:24] | Braer, a Liberian tanker, 26 million gallons off the Shetland Islands. | 利比亚油轮布拉尔号载运 两千六百万加仑原油离开锡德兰群岛 |
[08:28] | The Exxon Valdez, the Aegean Sea, the Argo Merchant. Look it up. | 埃克森瓦第斯号,爱琴海 艾罗商人号,你看 |
[08:33] | – They’re aware… – Spend 11 million. | -他们都知道 -花多一千一百万 |
[08:35] | – Enough. – You don’t wanna pay? | -够了 -你不想付钱吗? |
[08:37] | Pass the expense to us. | 将费用加在我们的账目上 只是花多一点点钱 这里有五块,可以养活一千人了 |
[08:38] | Half a penny at the tank. Here’s 5 bucks, 1000 people are on me. | 只是花多一点点钱 这里有五块,可以养活一千人了 |
[08:42] | Sam. | 山姆 |
[08:46] | Sam, we are in the middle of a meeting. | 山姆,我们正在开会 |
[08:49] | Sam, we’re not indifferent to the concerns for the environmentalist. | 山姆,我们跟环保人士一样担心 |
[08:54] | – Excuse me, Sam? – Yeah. | -对不起,山姆? -什么事? |
[08:57] | It doesn’t quite feel like I have your attention. | 看起来我的话你没听进去 |
[09:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:09] | Yeah. I’m not gonna need that. | 是的,我不需要 |
[09:12] | Sam? Sam? Sam, please keep your seat. | 山姆?山姆? 山姆,请你坐下 |
[09:15] | – Sam, where are you going? – New Hampshire. | -山姆,你要去哪里? -新罕布夏州 |
[09:28] | If you’ll just follow me. | 请跟我来 <星期二,凌晨三点五十五分> |
[09:33] | – Sam. – Yeah. | -山姆 -是的 |
[09:34] | – I wanted to see if… – How’s your head? | -我想知道 -你的头还好吧? |
[09:36] | Fine. I wanted to see if you talked to Nancy McNally. | 很好,我想知道 你跟南西麦纳利谈过了吗? |
[09:39] | Yeah. She talked to counsel’s office. | 是的,她跟顾问办公室谈过 |
[09:41] | They’ll work on some things. We’re not gonna like it. | 他们会想出办法来 虽然我们不会喜欢 |
[09:44] | You didn’t notice, when the shooting started… | 你有没有注意到 枪战开始时 |
[09:47] | …you didn’t happen to notice who pulled me to the ground, did you? | 你没有注意到 是谁把我拉到地上吧? |
[09:50] | No. | 我没有注意到 |
[09:51] | They pulled me down behind a police car and my necklace came off. | 他们把我拉到警车后面 我的项链掉了 |
[09:56] | You talked to Nancy McNally? Okay. | 你跟南西麦纳利谈过了? 好吧 |
[09:58] | – C.J. – Yeah? | -茜洁 -什么事? |
[09:59] | – Call Debbie at The Today Show. – Why? | -打电话给《今日秀》的黛比 -为什么? |
[10:02] | We said you’d do the morning shows at 7. | 我们答应 你会上七点钟的晨间节目 |
[10:04] | That’s not a good… | 那不是个好 |
[10:05] | No, I’m not gonna do any interviews yet. I’m not. | 不,我还没有准备好 要接受访问 |
[10:08] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会处理的 |
[10:09] | – Who said…? – It’s a mistake. | -谁说? -那是个错误 |
[10:11] | – C.J.? – Yeah. | -茜洁 -什么事? |
[10:13] | I don’t wanna be this guy. | 我不想当这个人 |
[10:14] | Someone thought I should do morning shows. | 有人认为 我该接受晨间节目专访 |
[10:17] | – I have no answer. – Who was in charge? | -我还没有得到答案 -谁在负责? |
[10:19] | For the three and a half hours the president was under anesthesia. | 总统接受了 三个半小时的麻醉 |
[10:22] | Danny, it’s a little complicated. | 丹尼,事情有点复杂 |
[10:25] | There’s the National Security Act of 1947, there’s the 25th…. | 1947年国家安全法令第202条 还有第25条 |
[10:31] | Nancy McNally, Bill Hutchinson, the White House Council, they’re on it. | 南西麦纳利,比尔杭奇森 白宫顾问团,他们正在想办法 |
[10:35] | They’ll tell me who was supposed to be in charge. | 他们会告诉我 应该由谁来负责 |
[10:37] | I wanna know who was in charge. | 我想知道是谁在负责 |
[10:40] | And we are working on that information. | 我们正在研究这个问题 |
[10:43] | We’re working on it. | 我们正在研究 |
[11:02] | Hello? | 喂? |
[11:06] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[11:11] | Isobel, it’s 6:30 in the morning. | 伊莎贝,现在是早上六点半 |
[11:16] | Yeah. | 是的 <特立顿戴公关公司 比佛利山,加州> |
[11:25] | Excuse me. C.J.’s here. | 对不起,茜洁来了 |
[11:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:29] | Good morning, Isobel. Hello, Roger. | 早安,伊莎贝 嗨,罗杰 |
[11:33] | I asked her to be here 45 minutes ago. | 我要她四十五分钟前就到这里 |
[11:35] | – I’m sorry? – I said, I asked you to be… | -你说什么? -我说我要你 |
[11:37] | – Roger. – It was 6:30 in the morning. | -罗杰 -我在早上六点半接到电话 |
[11:39] | I wasn’t quite ready for work. But I am now, how can I help you? | 那时我还没有准备好上班 现在我准备好了,有什么要我效劳? |
[11:44] | Are you aware that the Golden Globe nominations were announced today? | 你知道金球奖 今天公布了提名名单吗? |
[11:50] | I wasn’t. | 我不知道 |
[11:53] | – Am I up for something? – Atlantis only got two nominations. | -有什么问题吗? -《亚特兰帝斯》只获得两项提名 |
[11:58] | For the entire studio. Best comedy score and supporting actor for the kid. | 整个片厂只获得两项提名 最佳喜剧片配乐跟最佳童星配角 |
[12:02] | That’s what 20,000 a month bought us. | 我们一个月花两万块 只落得这样的下场 |
[12:04] | Roger, I think we put together a very aggressive campaign. | 罗杰,我想我们一起 做了非常成功的宣传活动 |
[12:08] | – Two nominations. – That’s two more than a lot of people. | -我只获得两项提名 -很多人连一项提名都没有 |
[12:12] | Are you aware that the new Premiere magazine list is coming out Monday? | 你知道星期一新出版的《首映》杂志 就要公布名单吗? |
[12:16] | The 100 most powerful people in Hollywood. | 好莱坞前一百名 最有影响力人士 |
[12:18] | – Yeah. – Yes, I am. | -对 -我知道 |
[12:20] | I can tell you that you’re on it. | 我可以保证你在榜上 |
[12:22] | Congratulations. It must, you know, feel good being that powerful. | 恭喜 能成为有影响力人士感觉一定很棒 |
[12:26] | I went from third to ninth. I dropped to ninth. | 我从第三名掉到第九名 我掉到第九名 |
[12:29] | Do you know how that looks? Do you know how many were ahead of me? | 你知道那代表了什么意思吗? 你知道有多少人排在我前面吗? |
[12:33] | – Eight? – Lady, you’re… | -八个人? -小姐,你 |
[12:35] | The movies were bad, Roger. All of them. | 那些电影都很烂,罗杰 它们都很烂 |
[12:37] | Even the little kid was bad, but he was a little kid. | 连那个小孩都演得很烂 但他是个小孩子 |
[12:40] | He had a couple of scenes, big eyeglasses, little lisp. | 他拍了几场戏 戴着大大的眼睛,有点口齿不清 |
[12:43] | He’s going to the Golden Globes. | 他有机会出席金球奖 |
[12:45] | Know why the New Coke campaign failed? Nobody liked New Coke. | 你知道新可乐宣传活动为什么失败吗? 没有人喜欢新可乐 |
[12:49] | The movies were bad. If the movies were unknown… | 那些电影都很烂 如果它们只是不出名 |
[12:51] | …I could help you, but they weren’t. They were just bad. | 我可以帮你,但事实不是那样 它们真的很烂 |
[12:56] | Roger, would you excuse us for just a second, please. | 罗杰,麻烦你等我们一下 |
[13:05] | Sorry I talked to him like that… | 对不起,我不该那样跟他说话 |
[13:07] | …but do you think he had The Maltese Falcon out there? | 但你觉得他拍出了 《马尔他之鹰》的精神吗? |
[13:10] | The thing is, C.J., he’s big business for me. | 茜洁,重点是他是我的大客户 |
[13:14] | I’ll apologize to him, Isobel. | 我会跟他道歉,伊莎贝 |
[13:16] | I’ll find someone to make him man of the year. | 我会找别人 让他成年度风云人物 |
[13:19] | I’ll ask around in Vegas. | 我会到拉斯维加斯找人 |
[13:21] | He wants you fired. He thinks you’re a smart mouth. | 他要我开除你 他觉得你的嘴巴太厉害了 |
[13:25] | He’s gonna pull his business unless you fire me? | 你不开除我 他就要换公司? |
[13:29] | This is never what you wanted to be doing, C.J. | 你不应该做这种事,茜洁 |
[13:31] | – You’ve always felt it was beneath you. – It is. | -你老是看不起它们 -没错 |
[13:34] | Take me off film and television. I don’t know anything about it, anyway. | 把我踢出电影圈跟电视圈吧 反正我也不了解它 |
[13:38] | I need to keep his business. I’m sorry. | 我得留住这个客户,对不起 |
[13:46] | – You’re firing me? – I’m sorry. | -你要开除我? -对不起 |
[13:49] | – Out here in the hallway? – C.J…. | -你要在走廊上开除我? -茜洁 |
[13:51] | – I need someone to call me a cab. – I’m sorry? | -我要请人帮我叫计程车 -你说什么? |
[13:54] | I couldn’t get my contacts in and I broke my glasses getting out of the car. | 我没办法戴隐形眼镜 下车时我的眼镜破了 |
[13:59] | I can’t drive myself home. I need someone to call me a cab. | 我没办法自己开车回家 我要请人帮我叫计程车 |
[14:04] | Could you call a taxi for C.J., please? | 麻烦你帮茜洁叫计程车 |
[14:08] | I have to go back in. | 我得回办公室了 |
[14:12] | It was a bad movie, Isobel. | 那是部很烂的电影,伊莎贝 |
[14:14] | Yes, I need a taxi for Beverly Hills, please. | 麻烦派一辆计程车 到比佛利山 |
[14:48] | – Hello. – Hey, C.J. | -嗨 -嗨,茜洁 |
[14:54] | – Who is that? – It’s me. | -你是谁? -是我 |
[14:59] | – Toby? – Yeah. | -托比? -对 |
[15:02] | What the hell are you…? Ah! | 你在做什? |
[15:08] | C.J., you fell into the pool there. | 茜洁,你掉进游泳池里了 |
[15:10] | I can’t see. | 我看不到 |
[15:13] | Yeah. Well, maybe kind of try and feel your way to dry land. You want a hand? | 对,或许你看不到上来的路 要我帮忙吗? |
[15:17] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[15:21] | – Avert your eyes. – What? | -转过去 -什么? |
[15:24] | I’m climbing out of the pool, my clothes will cling. Avert your eyes. | 我要爬出游泳池 衣服很可能会黏在身上,转过去 |
[15:30] | – C.J., I didn’t come here… – Avert your eyes. | -茜洁,我不是来这里 -转过去 |
[15:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:43] | Oh, turn around. | 你可以转过来了 |
[15:48] | I tried calling you at your office. They said you were fired. Were you stealing? | 我打电话到办公室找你 他们说你被开除了,你偷东西吗? |
[15:52] | Roger Becker dropped from third most powerful person in Hollywood… | 罗杰贝克从好莱坞最有影响力人士的 第三名 |
[15:56] | …to ninth most powerful person in Hollywood. | 掉到了第九名 |
[15:59] | – Does he still make the playoffs? – They take it seriously. | -他还能打季后赛吗? -他们是很认真的 |
[16:03] | C.J., Jed Bartlet’s very impressed with you. | 茜洁,杰德巴特勒 对你留下了深刻的印象 |
[16:08] | He likes the work you did with that girl’s group with the stupid name. | 他喜欢你为那个有着愚蠢名字的 女子团体做的宣传活动 |
[16:14] | – Emily’s List? – Yes. | -艾蜜莉的名单吗? -对 |
[16:15] | That girl’s group with the stupid name? | 那个有着愚蠢名字的女子团体? |
[16:18] | Emily’s List. Early Money is Like Yeast. | 艾蜜莉的名单 初期募到的钱跟酵母一样 |
[16:20] | – It helps raise dough. – I get it. | -它能帮助面团发酵 -我懂了 |
[16:22] | They raise money for women candidates. | 她们为女性候选人募款 |
[16:24] | Early Money is Like Yeast, it helps raise the dough… | 初期募到的钱跟酵母一样 它能帮助面团发酵 |
[16:28] | – … for the candidates. – I really do get it. | -所以它能帮助候选人 -我真的懂了 |
[16:30] | – Bartlet’s impressed with me? – Very impressed. | -巴特勒对我有印象? -他对你的印象很好 |
[16:33] | One of the big keys to his game plan is bringing you on as press secretary. | 他的选战重大策略之一 就是任命你当新闻秘书 |
[16:41] | – He’s never heard of me, has he? – No. | -他没有听过我的名字,对吧? -没错 |
[16:43] | – Toby…. – I’m here on behalf of Leo McGarry. | -托比 -我代表里奥马加瑞来到这里 |
[16:46] | – McGarry wants me? – Yes. Come join the campaign. | -马加瑞要我? -对,他要你加入选战活动 |
[16:54] | – How much? – How much were you making before? | -薪水是多少? -你之前的薪水是多少? |
[16:56] | – $550,000 a year. – This pays $600 a week. | -年薪五十五万 -我们的周薪是六百块 |
[16:58] | – So this is less? – Yes. | -这么少? -对 |
[17:02] | Toby, does he know I’ve only ever worked statewide? | 托比,他知道 我只参加过州选举吗? |
[17:05] | Does he know I’ve never worked on a national campaign? | 他知道我从来没有 参加过全国性选举吗? |
[17:08] | Yes. It’s graduation day. | 对,你该更进一步 |
[17:14] | You really think I can do this? | 你真的觉得我做得到? |
[17:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:20] | – Is Jed Bartlet a good man? – Yeah. | -杰德巴特勒是个好人吗? -对 |
[17:23] | Toby? | 托比? |
[17:27] | Yes. | 什么事? |
[17:31] | Let’s go in so I can change my clothes and we’ll talk about it. | 我们进屋去吧 我换了衣服后我们再好好谈一谈 |
[17:35] | – C.J.? – Yeah. | -茜洁 -什么? |
[17:36] | – The house is over there. – Okay. | -你家在那边 -好吧 |
[17:42] | One of them was using a 9mm Beretta, the other had a. 357 Desert Eagle. | 有一名枪手使用九厘米贝瑞塔手枪 另一名使用点357沙漠之鹰 |
[17:47] | Ron’s saying that these were the wrong weapons to use… | 朗说要进行暗杀 |
[17:51] | …for a shooting of this kind. | 他们不该使用这些武器 |
[17:52] | That’s why the injury count was so low. | 所以受伤人数 才会这么少 |
[17:54] | We don’t know what the injury count is yet. | 我们还不知道 正确的受伤人数 |
[17:57] | Yeah, but his point is…. | 对,但他的意思是 |
[18:00] | – Excuse me, sir. You wanted to see me? – Yeah. | -对不起,长官,你找我吗? -是的 |
[18:07] | Charlie, the guy the Secret Service have in custody is named Carl Leroy. | 查理,秘勤局的人 逮捕了凯尔李罗伊 |
[18:15] | He gives a statement in which he says that he and the shooters… | 他在供词里提到 他跟枪手 |
[18:18] | …were members of an organization called West Virginia White Pride. | 是名为 西维吉尼亚白人骄傲组织的成员 |
[18:23] | They tried to kill the president because Zoey and I are together? | 他们因为柔依跟我交往 所以要暗杀总统? |
[18:27] | No. | 不 |
[18:30] | – Why, then? – Charlie… | -那么到底是为什么? -查理 |
[18:33] | …the president wasn’t the target. | 总统并不是目标 |
[18:35] | According to the statement, the president wasn’t the target. | 根据供词,总统并不是目标 |
[18:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:51] | Okay, well…. | 好吧,那么 |
[18:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:58] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[19:03] | – Dad, I’m gonna…. – Go. | -爸,我要 -你去吧 |
[19:14] | We don’t know what the injury count is yet. | 我们还不知道 正确的受伤人数 <星期二,早上六点十五分> |
[19:29] | He was supposed to sign a letter? | 他应该要签署文件? |
[19:31] | If the president is going under general anesthesia… | 如果总统要做全身麻醉 |
[19:34] | …he usually signs a letter handing over executive powers to the vice president. | 通常他得签署文件 将行政权力转交给副总统 |
[19:38] | And the president didn’t sign a letter? | 总统没有签署文件? |
[19:41] | – Nope, we blew that play. – Is there gonna be trouble? | -没有,我们搞砸了 -那会惹来麻烦吗? |
[19:45] | We’ll see. To be honest with you, I don’t really care right now. | 我们只能等着瞧,老实说 现在我真的不在乎 |
[19:50] | Can I just say something? You know, for the future? | 我能说句话吗? 为了将来 |
[19:54] | Yeah. | 说吧 |
[19:56] | I can sign the president’s name. I have his signature down pretty good. | 我可以帮总统签名 我可以将他的签名模仿到维妙维肖 |
[20:01] | – You can sign the president’s name? – Yeah. | -你可以模仿总统的签名? -对 |
[20:04] | On a document removing him from power and handing it to someone else? | 帮他签署文件 将权力转交给其他人? |
[20:07] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:10] | Do you think the White House counsel would say that was a bad idea? | 你觉得白宫顾问 会说那是个烂点子吗? |
[20:14] | I think the White House counsel would say that’s a coup d’état. | 我想白宫顾问 会说那是在胡搞 |
[20:18] | – I’d probably end up doing time. – I would think. | -我很可能会坐牢 -一点都没错 |
[20:21] | And what the hell are you doing practicing the president’s signature? | 你为什么要学总统签名? |
[20:25] | – Just for fun. – We’ve got separation of powers… | -只是为了好玩 -我们是分权政治 |
[20:28] | …checks and balances, and Margaret, vetoing things and sending them back. | 监督,制衡,玛格丽特 案子被否决后再把它们送回去 |
[20:32] | Who wanted me to do the morning shows? | 谁要我上晨间节目? |
[20:34] | – I did. – Why? | -是我 -为什么? |
[20:36] | The president’s not ready for cameras… | 总统还没办法 接受访问 |
[20:38] | …if it’s the vice president, it’ll look like we don’t have a president… | 如果要副总统上电视 那看起来像是我们已经没有总统了 |
[20:42] | …and it’s time the White House comes out. | 现在该由白宫站出来 |
[20:44] | – I think it’s a bad idea. – Why? | -我觉得那是个烂点子 -为什么? |
[20:47] | I just…. | 我只是 |
[20:50] | First of all, I think it’s inappropriate while Josh… You know, until…. | 首先,我认为那是不适当的 乔西还在你知道的,直到 |
[20:55] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing. | -怎么了? -没事 |
[20:59] | – C.J. – Nothing. | -茜洁 -没事 |
[21:03] | I’d rather not, but obviously… | 我不想那么做 但很明显地 |
[21:05] | – Have Sam do it. – Okay. | -叫山姆去吧 -好的 |
[21:08] | Listen, the letter…. | 听着,那文件 |
[21:10] | – The three and a half hours? – Yeah. | -那三个半小时? -对 |
[21:11] | I don’t know how long I can dance around Danny… | 我不知道 我还可以拖延丹尼多久 |
[21:14] | …and it’ll be Danny times 100 by lunch. | 到午餐前 丹尼还会不停的问 |
[21:16] | – Have him come see me. – Yeah? | -叫他来见我 -什么? |
[21:18] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -对 -好吧 |
[21:20] | She doesn’t want to do the morning shows. | 她不想上晨间节目 |
[21:22] | She’s been getting questions about why the president exited in open air. | 她一直被问到 为什么总统会出现在空旷地点 |
[21:26] | They remember that the Secret Service used to construct a tent or a canopy. | 他们还记得秘勤局 以前会使用帐篷 |
[21:31] | – I’m gonna talk to Ron Butterfield. – They don’t comment on procedure. | -我会跟朗巴特菲尔谈一谈 -他们不能对保护程序发表评论 |
[21:35] | I know, but maybe I can talk him out of it. | 我知道 或许我能说服他 |
[21:37] | I should try anyway. | 我应该试一试 |
[21:40] | – You don’t have to, Toby. – Yeah. I should, though. | -你不必那么做,托比 -对,但我应该试试看 |
[21:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:50] | …won the straw poll, pulling in 48 percent of the vote. | 在假投票时赢了 他的得票率是四成八 <巴特勒竞选总部 曼彻斯特,新罕布夏州> |
[21:55] | Senator William Wiley drew a poorer than expected 22 percent… | 威廉威利参议员的得票率 比预测中的两成二少了 |
[21:58] | …but the story this morning is the 19 percent… | 但今天早上的焦点 是有一成九的选票 |
[22:01] | …picked up by former New Hampshire governor, Jed Bartlet… | 投给了前任新罕布夏州州长 杰德巴特勒 |
[22:04] | …who leapfrogged several Democrats to finish a surprising third. | 他超越数名民主党员 以黑马之姿拿到第三名 |
[22:08] | And we’re gonna go now to Governor Bartlet who’s standing by live…. | 我们要对巴特勒州长 做现场连线访问 |
[22:12] | I’m told we don’t have the governor at this moment, so while we try… | 听说州长还没有连上线 所以我们现 |
[22:16] | – Who can tell me what we did wrong? – I blew it. What’s next? | -谁能告诉我我们做错了什么? -我搞砸了,接下来是什么? |
[22:20] | We didn’t have the candidate. Anybody who answered… | 我们没有成为候选人 有谁可以回答 |
[22:23] | – What’s next? – Toby wants to say something. | -接下来是什么? -托比有话要说 |
[22:26] | – Which one is Toby? – I am. | -谁是托比 -我就是 |
[22:29] | – And which one are you? – I’m Josh. | -你是谁? -我是乔西 |
[22:31] | – What is it you wanted to say? – Let’s get out of New Hampshire. | -你有什么话要说? -我们离开新罕布夏州吧 |
[22:34] | – Why? – Nothing to win here. | -为什么? -我们在这里不会有进展 |
[22:36] | He’s right. | 他说的对 |
[22:37] | The New Hampshire primary isn’t held in New Hampshire? | 新罕布夏州的初选 不是在新罕布夏州举行吗? |
[22:40] | – You can’t win the primary. – I’m gonna win the primary. | -你赢不了初选 -我会赢得初选 |
[22:43] | – Which is why you can’t win it. – You’re popular here. | -那就是你赢不了的原因 -你在这里很受欢迎 |
[22:46] | You’re a Democrat, elected with 69 percent of the vote. That’s unheard of. | 你是民主党员,拿下过六成九的选票 那是前所未见的事 |
[22:50] | All you can hope for is an “as expected”… | 你只能希望一切“跟预期一样” |
[22:53] | …and there’s the possibility you can embarrass yourself. | 你很可能会害得自己丢脸 |
[22:57] | – I appreciate that. – Toby meant in the polls. | -谢谢你 -托比是指在民调中 |
[22:59] | I know what he meant. | 我了解他的意思 |
[23:01] | Hoynes will be in a fight with Wiley for a second place finish here. | 何尼斯在这里 得跟威利争第二名 |
[23:05] | We’ll be the only ones in South Carolina. | 只有我们会跑到南卡罗来纳州去 |
[23:08] | We won’t beat Hoynes in South Carolina. | 我们在南卡罗来纳州 赢不了何尼斯 |
[23:10] | – We don’t have to beat Hoynes. – We just have to beat Wiley. | -我们不必打败何尼斯 -我们只需要打败威利 |
[23:13] | Wiley’s gonna drop out after South Carolina? | 威利会在南卡罗来纳州之后出局? |
[23:15] | If he doesn’t finish higher than third. | 如果他没办法拿到比第三名更好的成绩 |
[23:17] | – Will we get his endorsement? – We’ll get his money, that’s for sure. | -我们能得到他的支持者吗? -我们能拿到他的钱,那是可以确定的 |
[23:21] | – It’s for sure? – Josh thinks it is. | -你确定吗? -乔西是那么认为的 |
[23:23] | – Which one is Josh? – I am. | -谁是乔西? -我就是 |
[23:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:28] | So we finish second in South Carolina, we pick up some steam… | 如果我们在南卡罗来纳州拿到第二名 可以凝聚人气 |
[23:33] | …endorsements, money going into South Dakota, Vermont, Maine… | 拿到钱跟支持者,进军 南达科塔甫州,佛蒙特州,缅因州 |
[23:36] | Where we get a split or better and the prohibitive nominee… | 我们可以成为 被提名的人选之一 |
[23:41] | – … has lost three of seven contests… – Half the primaries. | -在七场初选中输了三场 -我们得拿下一半的初选 |
[23:45] | Hoynes’ll win the South, we’ll take the North. | 何尼斯会拿下南方 北方是我们的天下 |
[23:47] | – It will be decided in Illinois. – Illinois will be High Noon. | -伊利诺州是决战关键 -伊利诺州将会跟《日正当中》一样 |
[23:51] | If we win in Illinois, we can win California and New York? | 如果我们能拿下伊利诺州 就能拿下加州跟纽约? |
[23:54] | If we win in Illinois, we’re gonna run the table. | 如果我们能拿下伊利诺州 一切都会在我们的掌控中 |
[23:57] | That’s it then. We’ve saved people the trouble of voting. What’s next? | 就这样吧,我们帮大家 省下投票的麻烦,接下来是什么? |
[24:01] | – Our point is that it’s… – I understood the point. | -我们的重点是 -我了解重点 |
[24:04] | We’re going to South Carolina to set up Illinois. | 我们得拿下南卡罗来纳州 为伊利诺州的选战布局 |
[24:07] | When I ask “what’s next,” it means I’m ready to move on. | 我说“接下来是什么” 意思是我准备好往前走 |
[24:09] | So, what’s next? | 所以接下来是什么? |
[24:11] | – We’re done. – Fantastic. | -我们的话都说完了 -太好了 |
[24:16] | Well, I feel bathed in the warm embrace of the candidate, Leo. | 我觉得像是被候选人 热情地拥抱着,里奥 |
[24:20] | He’s really very easy to like once you get to know him. | 了解他之后 你会发现他很容易相处 |
[24:24] | – How many people get that far? – Not that many. | -多少人能做到那一点? -的确是不多 |
[24:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:29] | Josh Lyman. No, he’s not available right now. | 乔西赖曼 抱歉,他现在没空 |
[24:33] | This afternoon he’s got a media session and a 4:00 with finance. | 今天下午他有一场媒体研讨会 四点还有一场金融研讨会 |
[24:37] | If you leave your name, I’ll give Josh the message. | 你可以留话 我会转告乔西 |
[24:40] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 |
[24:42] | – Hi. | – Hi. -嗨 -嗨 |
[24:43] | – Who are you? – I’m Donna Moss. Who are you? | -你是谁? -我是唐娜摩斯,你是谁? |
[24:45] | I’m Josh Lyman. Ahh. Yes. | 我是乔西赖曼 |
[24:49] | – I’m your new assistant. – Did I have an old assistant? | -我是你的新助理 -我有旧助理吗? |
[24:51] | – Maybe not. – Who are you? | -或许没有 -你是谁? |
[24:53] | I’m Donna Moss, I came here to volunteer and the woman assigned me to you. | 我是唐娜摩斯 那个女人要我为你工作 |
[24:56] | – Which woman? – Betsy. | -哪个女人? -贝丝 |
[24:57] | – You mean Margaret? – Yes. | -玛格丽特? -对 |
[24:58] | – Who are you? – I’m Donna Moss, I’ll be working as your assistant. | -你是谁? -我是唐娜摩斯,你的新助理 |
[25:01] | – I’ve got to talk to Margaret. – Actually, Josh? | -我会跟玛格丽特谈一谈 -等一下,乔西? |
[25:04] | – When I said I was assigned to you? – Yeah? | -刚刚我说她要我为你工作 -怎么了? |
[25:06] | I may have been overstating it a little. | 或许我说得太夸张了一点 |
[25:09] | – Who are you? – I’m Donna Moss, I drove here from Maddison Wisconsin. | -你是谁? -我是唐娜摩斯,我来自威斯康辛州 |
[25:13] | When did your boyfriend break up with you? | 你男朋友什么时候跟你分手的? |
[25:15] | What makes you think my boyfriend broke up with me? | 你为什么会那么想? |
[25:17] | Well, you’re too old for your parents to have kicked you out of the house. | 你太老了 不可能是被爸妈踢出来的 |
[25:19] | I’m here cause I wanna work for Bartlet. | 我想为巴特勒工作 |
[25:21] | I’m a college graduate with a degree in political science and government. | 我有政治跟政府学的学位 |
[25:24] | Where did you graduate? Huh? Where did you graduate? | 你是哪间学校毕业的? 你是哪间学校毕业的? |
[25:28] | – Okay, when I said I graduated? – Yeah? | -好吧,刚刚我说我毕业了 -怎么了? |
[25:31] | – I may have overstated a little. – Look… | -或许我太夸张了一点 -听着 |
[25:33] | – Look… -I was a couple of credits short. -From where? | -我只少了几个学分 -你念哪间学校? |
[25:35] | – University of Wisconsin. – And you majored in poli-sci and government? | -威斯康辛大学 -你主修政治跟政府学? |
[25:38] | And sociology and psychology. Ahh, | 还有社会学跟心理学 |
[25:41] | And biology for a while. With a minor in French. | 我还念过一阵子的生物学 也辅修过法文 |
[25:44] | – Okay. – And drama. | -好吧 -跟戏剧 |
[25:46] | You had five majors and two minors in four years? | 你在四年内主修五门学科 辅修两门学科? |
[25:49] | – Two years. – OK, Listen… | -是两年 -听着 |
[25:52] | I had to drop out. | 我得休学 |
[25:54] | – I had to drop out. – Your boyfriend was older than you? | -我得休学 -你男朋友年纪比你大? |
[25:58] | I think that question’s a bit of a personal nature. | 我觉得那个问题太私人了 |
[26:01] | You were at my desk, reading my calendar… | 你在我的桌子前 看我的行事历 |
[26:03] | …answering my phone and hoping I wouldn’t notice I never hired you. | 接我的电话 希望我不会发现我没有雇用你 |
[26:06] | – Your boyfriend was older? – Yes. | -你男朋友年纪比你大? -对 |
[26:08] | – Law student. – Medical student. | -法学院学生 -医学院学生 |
[26:09] | The idea was you’d drop out and pay bills till he’s done with his residency. | 你得休学赚钱 直到他当完住院医生 |
[26:13] | – Yes. -And did you? -Yes. | -对 -你真的那么做了? |
[26:14] | And why did Dr. Freeride break up with you? | 为什么吃软饭医生 要跟你分手? |
[26:18] | What makes you think he broke up with me? | 你为什么觉得 他跟我分手了? |
[26:27] | Donna, this is a campaign for the presidency… | 唐娜,这是总统大选 |
[26:30] | …and there’s nothing I take more seriously than that. | 我是非常认真地看待它的 |
[26:32] | This can’t be a place for people to find confidence and start over. | 这不是让人找到信心 重新开始的地方 |
[26:35] | – Why not? – I’m sorry? | -为什么不是? -你说什么? |
[26:38] | – Why can’t it be those things? – Because… | -为什么不是? -因为 |
[26:41] | Is it gonna interfere with my typing? | 那会影响我的打字速度吗? |
[26:44] | Donna, we’re picking up today and going to South Carolina. | 我们正在打包 准备移师南卡罗来纳州 |
[26:46] | – If you wanna stay in the Mancester office… – I wanna come to Charleston. | -如果你想留在这里 -我想去查尔斯顿 |
[26:49] | I can’t carry you. I’ve got a lot of guys out there not making the trip. | 我不能带你去 外面有很多人去不了 |
[26:53] | – I’ll pay my own way. – With what? | -我会自己付钱 -你要用什么付钱? |
[26:55] | I’ll sleep on the floor, I’ll sell my car and Eventually you’ll put me on salary. | 我会把车子卖掉 迟早你会付我薪水 |
[26:58] | – Donna… – Look. | -唐娜 -听着 |
[27:01] | I think I can be good at this. | 我想我可以做得很好 |
[27:05] | I think you might find me valuable. | 我想你会发现我很有用 |
[27:15] | Go ahead. | 去接电话吧 |
[27:20] | Bartlet for America, Josh Lyman’s office. | 巴特勒竞选总部 这里是乔西赖曼办公室 |
[27:24] | Yes. I think I’m gonna have somebody from the press office… | 对,我会请 媒体办公室的人 |
[27:28] | …get back to you if it relates to…. | 回电给你,如果是关于 |
[27:31] | Yes. Ahh yes. | 对 |
[27:37] | Yes. | 对 |
[27:41] | Yes. | 对 |
[27:45] | – Suction. – Chest tube’s clear. | -吸一下 -胸部插管拔掉了 |
[27:52] | Pressure’s holding, 131/65. | 血压稳定,131/65 <星期二,早上八点四十六分> |
[28:16] | – Hey, Spanky. – Oh, God, what’d I do? | -嗨,小子 -天啊,我做了什么? |
[28:18] | Take a walk with me, would you? | 跟我去散个步,好吗? |
[28:24] | They’re taking him off bypass now. | 他们正在拔掉他的插管 |
[28:26] | Yeah, I just heard. I’m gonna head to the hospital. | 对,我刚刚听说了 我正要去医院 |
[28:28] | – You did well on the morning shows. – Thanks. | -你在晨间节目表现的很好 -谢谢夸奖 |
[28:32] | I told Leo I didn’t want to do it because Josh was in surgery. | 我告诉里奥我不想上节目 因为乔西还在开刀 |
[28:36] | – Yeah. – You know what the real reason was? | -对 -你知道真正的原因是什么吗? |
[28:40] | – The real reason? – Yeah. | -真正的原因? -对 |
[28:42] | – No. – I think you do. | -我不知道 -你是知道的 |
[28:44] | Listen, C.J.? | 听我说,茜洁 |
[28:46] | The real reason I couldn’t go on the morning shows… | 听我说,茜洁 我不上晨间节目的 真正的原因是 |
[28:48] | …and give a first hand account of what happened is, I couldn’t remember what happened. | 我想过意外发生时的情况 发现自己什么都记不得了 |
[28:52] | I remember walking out of the building. I remember somebody knocked me down. | 我记得离开那里时 |
[28:55] | I know my necklace came off… | 有人打了我 我知道我的项链掉了 |
[28:57] | …and I know a police car window exploded over my head. | 我知道警车车窗 在我头部上方被打爆了 |
[29:00] | All night long I’ve been doing briefings using notes from other people’s accounts. | 我用其他人写的小抄 在做简报 |
[29:04] | But it’s morning now and I listened to you… | 但直到今天早上 我听到你 |
[29:06] | …on the morning shows and I know what happened. | 在晨间节目说的话 我才知道发生了什么事 |
[29:09] | – C.J…. – Sam, I think you have my necklace. | -茜洁 -山姆,我的项链在你那里 |
[29:15] | I didn’t want it to feel beholden to me. I didn’t want it to be like episode of I Dream of Jeannie… | 我不希望它变成 《太空仙女恋》 |
[29:20] | …where now you gotta save my life in the time-space continuum… | 你得在时空连续体救我一命 |
[29:23] | …or you follow me around with coconut oil and hotel towels…. | 或是拿着椰子油跟着我跑 |
[29:26] | – Coconut oil? – I’m just saying… | -椰子油? -我是说 |
[29:27] | – I don’t feel beholden to you. – Why not, I saved your life? | -椰子油? -我是说 |
[29:30] | Can I have my necklace back? | -我不希望依赖你 -为什么? 你能把项链还给我吗? |
[29:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:39] | I’ll be in my office. | 我会在我的办公室里 |
[29:40] | – Sam. – Yeah. | -山姆 |
[29:44] | Were you scared? | -什么事? 你当时害怕吗? |
[29:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:53] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[29:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:06] | – Good morning, C.J. – Good morning. | -早安,茜洁 -早安 |
[30:09] | We have an update and I can give you a ballistics report so let’s get started. | 我们有最新消息 我可以给你们新的报告,开始吧 |
[30:13] | – C.J.! | – C.J.! -茜洁! -茜洁! |
[30:16] | – Is he in there? – No, no, no. | -他在吗? -不 |
[30:22] | Ron. | 朗 |
[30:23] | Hey, Toby, I heard they’re about to take him off bypass. | 朗 托比,听说他们要帮他拔管了 |
[30:26] | Pretty soon yeah. Listen, can I talk to you for a second? | 很快就会,我能跟你谈一下吗? |
[30:28] | Yeah. Sergeant, I want those people in the corner back up another 200 feet. | 当然可以,警官 我要这些人再退后两百尺 |
[30:32] | And if they move in again, handcuff’em to a parking meter. | 如果他们敢再靠近 将他们铐在收费表上 |
[30:36] | – How’s your hand? – It’s fine. | -你的手怎么样了? -还好 |
[30:37] | – You should be home. – What’s on your mind? | -你应该回家去的 -你有什么事吗? |
[30:41] | C.J.’s starting to get some questions about why the president’s exit wasn’t covered in Rosslyn. | 茜洁被问到 为什么总统出来时没有任何防护措施 |
[30:46] | Secret Service doesn’t comment on procedure. | 秘勤局不会发表任何评论 |
[30:49] | Ron, a few weeks after the president was sworn in… | 朗,总统宣誓就职后几星期 |
[30:52] | – … you got a memo about his protection. – Yeah. | -你收到如何保护他的指令 -对 |
[30:55] | It said he wanted to enter and exit in the open air. | 上面提到他希望 出入时可以跟民众接近 |
[30:58] | – He didn’t like traveling in a tank. – Yeah. | -他不会搭坦克车出巡 -对 |
[31:01] | It said he wouldn’t use the tent or the canopy anymore. | 还说他不再使用 帐篷之类的东西 |
[31:06] | – Yeah. – I wrote that memo. | -对 -那份指令是我写的 |
[31:08] | – The president signed it at my urging. – I know. | -总统在我的催促下签了名 -我知道 |
[31:12] | It’s not right that the Secret Service be blamed for last night. | 秘勤局为昨晚的事被责备是不对的 |
[31:15] | I want the Treasury Department to hand my memo to the press. | 我要财政部 将我的指令交给媒体 |
[31:18] | – We can’t do that. – There will be a lot of questions. | -我们不能那么做 -记者有很多的问题 |
[31:21] | There are always a lot of questions. Don’t worry. | 他们永远都有很多问题 别担心 |
[31:24] | It’s not right. You’re the guys… | 那是不对的,你们 |
[31:27] | – Look at your hand. – It’s fine. | -看看你的手 -那没有什么 |
[31:29] | – Your hand is not fine. – Toby. | -你的手受伤了 -托比 |
[31:31] | – Let me go tell them it was my fault. – It wasn’t your fault. | -让我告诉他们这是我的错 -这不是你的错 |
[31:34] | – Ron… – It wasn’t your fault. | -朗 -这不是你的错 |
[31:36] | It wasn’t Gina’s fault, it wasn’t Charlie’s, it wasn’t anybody’s, Toby. | 这不是吉娜的错,也不是查理的错 这不是任何人的错,托比 |
[31:40] | It was an act of madmen. You think a tent was gonna stop them? | 这是疯子干的事 你以为一顶帐篷能阻止他们吗? |
[31:43] | We got the president into the car, we got Zoey in the car… | 我们将总统送上车 我们将柔依送上车 |
[31:47] | …and at a 150 yards and five stories up… | 还在一百五十码外 五层楼高的地方 |
[31:50] | …the shooters were down 9. 2 seconds after the first shot was fired. | 在第一声枪响后九点二秒 狙击手击毙嫌犯 |
[31:54] | I would never let you not let me protect the president. | 我不会让你阻止我 保护总统 |
[31:57] | You tell us you don’t like something, we figure out something else. | 你告诉我们你们不喜欢什么 我们会想出别的办法 |
[32:01] | It was an act of madmen. | 那是疯子的行为 |
[32:04] | Anyway, the Secret Service doesn’t comment on procedure. | 总之秘勤局 不会发表任何言论 |
[32:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:09] | Good job last night. | 昨晚你表现的很好 |
[32:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:24] | Secret Service agents carry a weapon called a. 357 Sig-Sauer. | 秘勤局探员 带着点357西格绕尔手枪 |
[32:28] | The agents on the roof shot the two gunmen with. 726 caliber rifles… | 屋顶上的探员 以点726来福枪攻击枪手 |
[32:33] | …that are referred to as J-A-R… | 它们也被称为⒇―A―R |
[32:35] | …which, believe it or not, stands for “just another rifle. “ | 信不信由你 它的意思是“只不过是另一种来福枪” |
[32:38] | They are made specifically and exclusively for the Secret Service. | 它们专门为秘勤局研发制造 |
[32:43] | – I wanted to mention something. – Leo. | -我还想谈一件事 -里奥 |
[32:46] | This is our fifth press briefing since midnight… | 这是自午夜以来 我们第五次举行媒体简报会 |
[32:49] | …and there’s one story that will dominate the news… | 全世界的媒体一定会 大幅报导此事 |
[32:52] | …around the world and it’d be easy to think that President Bartlet… | 大家都会以为巴特勒总统 |
[32:57] | …Joshua Lyman and Stephanie Abbott were the only people… | 乔西赖曼跟史蒂芬莉艾波特是昨晚 |
[33:00] | …who were victims of a gun crime last night. They weren’t. | 枪战的唯一受害者 事实上并不然 |
[33:04] | Mark Davis and Sheila Evans of Philadelphia were killed last night. | 昨晚马克戴维斯跟席拉伊文丝 在费城被杀 |
[33:09] | He was a biology teacher, and she was a nursing student. | 他是生物老师 她是护校学生 |
[33:13] | Tina Bishop and Belinda Larkin were killed with a gun last night. | 蒂娜毕雪跟布兰达拉金 昨晚成枪下冤魂 |
[33:16] | They were 12. | 她们才十二岁 |
[33:18] | There were 36 homicides last night. | 昨晚发生三十六件凶杀案 |
[33:21] | Four hundred and eighty sexual assaults, 3411 robberies… | 四百八十件性攻击案 三千四百一十一件抢劫案 |
[33:25] | …3685 aggravated assaults. | 三千六百八十五件重大攻击案 |
[33:29] | All at gunpoint. | 歹徒全都持枪犯案 |
[33:31] | If anyone thinks those crimes could have been prevented… | 如果大家认为 这些罪行是可以被预防的 |
[33:34] | …if the victims had guns… | 如果受害者带了枪自卫 |
[33:36] | …I’d remind you that the president of the United States was shot last night… | 我要提醒大家美国总统 昨晚中弹受伤 |
[33:39] | …while surrounded by the best trained guards in the history of the world. | 他的身边全是 受过精良训练,在世界首屈一指的保镖 |
[33:45] | Back to the briefing. | 我们继续做简报吧 |
[33:48] | – She’s good. – Yes, she is. | -她很厉害 -没错 |
[33:51] | I’m going to the hospital, why don’t you ride with me. | 我要去医院 你何不跟我一起去? |
[33:55] | We’re getting good exit polling in Stark County and Rock Island. | 在史塔克郡跟洛克岛 我们在出口民调方面成绩不错 |
[33:58] | How good? | 到底有多好? |
[34:00] | We’re running 53 to 58 with the undecideds… | 到底有多好? 在未表态选民方面 我们从七十二小时前的五十三 |
[34:03] | …from 72 hours ago on the 12th, 14th and 15th. | <薛拉顿中心饭店 芝加哥,伊利诺州> 拉到五十八 分居第十二,十四,十五名 |
[34:05] | – That’s the money. – Dewitt County. | -那真的很不错 -迪威特郡 |
[34:07] | – Yeah? – Who you talking to? | -怎么了? -你在跟谁说话? |
[34:09] | I’m talking to nobody. There’s no one at my house. | 我没有跟任何人说话 我家没有人 |
[34:12] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事? |
[34:13] | Nothing. My dad had his chemo today. These exit polls will cheer him up. | 发生了什么事? 没事,今天我爸去做化疗 他听到出口民调结果一定会很高兴 |
[34:17] | Sam says we got the 72 hour undecideds in the 14th and 15th. | 山姆说在七十二小时来,我们在 未表态选民部份分居第十四跟十五名 |
[34:21] | Leo, is there any food in this room that isn’t fried? | 里奥,这里有非油炸的食物吗? |
[34:24] | – If there is, let’s toss it. – I’m not kidding. | -如果有的话,快把它丢掉 -我不是在开玩笑 |
[34:26] | Good exits from Stark County and Rock Island. | 在史塔克郡跟洛克岛 出口民调方面成绩不错 |
[34:29] | – How good? – Good. | -有多好? -非常好 |
[34:30] | Leo, what the hell is this? | -有多好? -非常好 里奥,这是什么东西? |
[34:33] | Sam’s draft of your victory remarks. | 山姆写的胜选感言草稿 |
[34:35] | “I congratulate my opponent on a well-fought campaign. “ | “我恭喜我的对手 在竞选活动里表现非常好” |
[34:38] | – You don’t want to? – I want to… | -你不想恭喜他吗? -我想 |
[34:40] | …but I’ll call him by his name. We’re back to this? | 但我要说出他的名字 我们又要争辩这件事吗? |
[34:43] | – Governor, we can… – I wanna go over this with you. | -州长,我们可以 -我想跟你把事情说清楚 |
[34:46] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[34:49] | It’s the exact same crap all over again. It’s amateur hour. | 相同的闹剧不断上演 这是业余的手法 |
[34:52] | – Damn student…. – You can say it, you know. | -该死的学生 -你大可以说出来的 |
[34:55] | It’s not like I haven’t heard it before. | 这不是我第一次听到别人那么说 |
[34:58] | Your husband’s a real son of a bitch, Mrs. Bartlet. | 你丈夫是个大混蛋 巴特勒太太 |
[35:03] | He doesn’t like being handled. | 他不喜欢被别人操控 |
[35:05] | I think if he looked around, he’d see that nobody is handling him. | 我想如果他张大眼睛看看四周 他会知道没有人在操控他 |
[35:10] | He’s not ready yet, Josh. He’s terrified. | 他还没有准备好,乔西 他很害怕 |
[35:16] | – Is he gonna be ready? – You bet your ass he will. | -他会准备好吗? -他绝对会 |
[35:21] | In the meantime, you wanna kick something, kick me. | 同时,如果你想骂人 骂我好了 |
[35:26] | Toby. | 托比 |
[35:28] | – Got it. – Here it comes. | -收到了 -结果出来了 |
[35:29] | With 17 percent of the precincts reporting… | 拿下了一成七的选票 |
[35:32] | …we are ready to call the Illinois primary for former New Hampshire governor…. | 我们宣布伊利诺州初选 由前新罕布夏州长获胜 |
[35:40] | Hey, hit the music. | 快放音乐 |
[35:46] | – Yes! – Hey! Way to go! | -太棒了! -做的好! |
[35:51] | Now let’s get to California. | 我们要进军加州 |
[35:53] | Leo, we gotta replace this music. Replace it with some Doobie Brothers. | 里奥,我们得换音乐 换成杜比兄弟的歌吧 |
[35:57] | – Josh. – You gotta get happy. | -乔西 -你一定很高兴 |
[35:58] | You won the Illinois primary. Come dance with me. | 你赢了伊利诺州初选 跟我一起跳舞吧 |
[36:01] | No. Josh. Your father died. | 不,乔西,你爸过世了 |
[36:04] | There’s a lot of very happy Bartlet supporters. | 许多巴特勒的支持者 欣喜若狂 |
[36:06] | We are told the candidate is in his suite refining his remarks. | 听说候选人 正在他的房间里写演说词 |
[36:10] | He’s due to make an appearance here any moment. | 他随时都会出来 跟大家发表演说 |
[36:13] | Just a little under an hour ago now, this…. | 不到一小时前,这 |
[36:23] | Welcome to O ‘Hare International Airport. | 欢迎光临欧哈尔国际机场 |
[36:26] | We’d like to remind you this is a smoke-free airport. | 我们要提醒大家 这是禁烟机场 |
[36:34] | Josh? | 乔西? |
[36:37] | Governor…. | 州长 |
[36:39] | Your father died, Josh. I can’t believe it. | 你父亲过世了,乔西 我不敢相信 |
[36:41] | Yeah. Governor, you shouldn’t be here. | 是的,州长,你不该在这里 |
[36:44] | – What happened? – Flight leaving for St. Louis. | -发生了什么事 -前往圣路易的飞机 |
[36:47] | He went in for his chemotherapy… | 他去做化疗 |
[36:50] | …and he developed what’s called a pulmonary embolism, it’s a… | 结果出现肺部栓塞,它是 |
[36:55] | – It’s a blood clot. – Yeah. | -它是血块 -对 |
[36:58] | It went to his heart and there was cardiac arrest. | 血块流到他的心脏 导致他心跳停止 |
[37:01] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 |
[37:06] | Governor, you should get back to the ballroom… | 州长,你该回宴会厅去 |
[37:08] | …so you can get on a plane and get to California. | 然后搭飞机飞到加州 |
[37:12] | – He was a lawyer? – Yeah. A litigator. | -他是律师吗? -对,他是律师 |
[37:15] | Did he like that you were in politics? | 他支持你从政吗? |
[37:17] | I think he would’ve liked grandchildren more. | 我想他比较喜欢抱孙子 |
[37:20] | He would’ve. | 一定是的 |
[37:23] | He liked that I work for you, that we were doing well. | 他喜欢我为你工作 我们表现的很好 |
[37:26] | He would’ve liked tonight. | 今晚他一定会很高兴 |
[37:30] | At least his friends and the neighbors will be spared all the, you know…. | 至少他的朋友跟邻居 可以逃过一劫,你知道 |
[37:35] | He’d be doing some bragging right now? | 他很可能会跟他们吹嘘? |
[37:37] | Your name wouldn’t have come up. “My son won the Illinois primary. “ | 他不会提起你的名字 “我儿子赢了伊利诺州初选” |
[37:45] | Three more hours, he would have been able to say that. | 只要多撑三个小时 他就能那么说 |
[37:50] | He’d have been proud. | 他一定会很骄傲 |
[37:52] | He was already. Trust me, Josh, I’m a father. | 他已经很骄傲了 相信我,乔西,我也是个父亲 |
[37:56] | He was already. | 他已经很骄傲 |
[38:02] | I appreciate that, governor. You should really get back to the hotel. | 谢谢你,州长 你真的应该回饭店去了 |
[38:07] | No. | 不 |
[38:09] | I appreciate your having come here, but people are waiting for a speech. | 谢谢你赶到这里来 但大家都在等你发表演说 |
[38:14] | They’ll wait. | 他们会等我的 |
[38:16] | Yeah, they will, but the people watching television won’t. | 他们会的 但电视机前的观众不会 |
[38:22] | – I’ve been a real jackass to you, Josh. – Well…. | -我一直都对你不好,乔西 -那个嘛 |
[38:25] | To everybody. | 对大家都不好 |
[38:27] | – Toby Ziegler, C.J. Cregg, Sam Seaborn. – Yeah. | -托比齐格,茜洁葛瑞,山姆希朋 -对 |
[38:31] | I know what you gave up to work for this campaign… | 不要以为我不知道你为这次选举 放弃了什么 |
[38:34] | …and don’t think I don’t know your value. | 不要以为我不欣赏你的才华 |
[38:36] | And I’ll never make you think I don’t again. | 我不会再让你 有那样的感觉 |
[38:42] | You gotta be impressed that I got those names right. | 你一定很讶异 我没记错他们的名字 |
[38:46] | Delta Airlines flight 175 for Kennedy International now boarding at gate 56. | 三角洲航空前往肯尼迪机场的 175号班机在56号登机门开始登机 |
[38:50] | – They’re calling my flight. – You want me to go with you? | -我得登机了 -你要我跟你一起去吗? |
[38:55] | – Go with me? – Maybe you want company. | -你要跟我去? -或许你需要人陪 |
[38:57] | I can get a ticket and go with you. | 我可以买机票陪你去 |
[38:59] | Governor. | 州长 |
[39:01] | California. | 加州 |
[39:04] | You have to go and give a speech in prime time and go to California. | 你得在黄金时段发表演说 然后到加州去 |
[39:10] | – I guess you’re right. – You guess? | -我猜你说的对 -你猜? |
[39:12] | Listen to me, governor, if you don’t lose this election… | 听我说,州长 如果你输了这场选举 |
[39:15] | …it isn’t gonna be because you didn’t try hard enough. | 那绝不能是因为 你不够努力 |
[39:20] | But it was nice of you to ask. | 但谢谢你的心意 |
[39:26] | Thank you, I appreciate it. | 谢谢你 |
[39:28] | Flight 175 to Kennedy International…. | 前往肯尼迪机场的 175号班机 |
[39:30] | They’re calling your flight. | 你要登机了 |
[40:03] | Is he gonna be all right? | 他会没事吧? |
[40:07] | – He’s gonna be fine. – Good. | -他会没事的 -太好了 |
[40:15] | – Leo? – Yeah. | -里奥 -什么事? |
[40:20] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[40:31] | Tonight, what began at the Commons in Concord, Massachusetts… | 今晚,我们看到了在麻萨诸塞州 康柯德所打下的民主成果 |
[40:36] | …as an alliance of farmers and workers, of cobblers and tinsmiths… | 农夫跟工人 鞋匠跟锡匠 |
[40:42] | …of statesmen and students, of mothers and wives… | 政治家跟学生 母亲跟太太 |
[40:46] | …of men and boys… | 男人跟男孩 |
[40:47] | …lives two centuries later as America. | 手牵着手 在两百年后的美国过着平等的生活 |
[40:53] | My name is Josiah Bartlet… | 我是约书亚巴特勒 |
[40:55] | …and I accept your nomination… | 我接受你们的提名 |
[40:58] | …for the presidency of the United States. | 成为美国总统候选人 |
[41:02] | Josh. Josh, wake up, it’s okay. I want you to wake up. | 乔西,没事了 我要你醒过来 |
[41:33] | I couldn’t hear you, Josh. | 我听不到,乔西 |
[41:43] | What’d he say? | 他说什么? |
[41:46] | He said, “What’s next? “ | 他说: “接下来是什么?” |