时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | I need a doctor! I need help! | 我需要医生!快来帮忙! |
[00:10] | Single gunshot wound. Entry, left fifth intercostal space. | 单一枪伤伤口 子弹射入第五根肋骨的位置 |
[00:13] | – Is it serious? – Yes, it’s critical. | -情况很严重吗? -对,情况很严重 |
[00:15] | I’ve gotten calls about how staffers are handling the shooting in the aftermath. | 我甚至接到电话要求我们想办法解决 报社报导枪击案跟结果的后果 |
[00:20] | – Psychologically? – Yeah. | -心理上? -对 |
[00:21] | – How did that bullet not kill you? – Just lucky. | -那颗子弹为什么没有杀了你? -我猜我是运气好 |
[00:24] | We don’t know what the injury count is yet. | 我们还不知道 正确的受伤人数 耶诞颂歌 <耶诞节前夕> |
[00:32] | – Hi, Josh. – Hi. | -嗨,乔西 -嗨 |
[00:35] | I’m Stanley Keyworth. This is Kaytha Trask. | 我是史丹利卡渥斯 这位是凯莎特拉斯克 |
[00:38] | Josh Lyman. | 乔西赖曼 |
[00:40] | – Do I call you doctor? – I’m sorry? | -我能叫你医生吗? -你说什么? |
[00:43] | Is it Dr. Keyworth? | 我能叫你卡渥斯医生吗? |
[00:44] | Whatever you want. You can call me Stanley if you want. | 随便你 你也可以叫我史丹利 |
[00:47] | And Dr…? I’m sorry. | 你是?对不起 |
[00:48] | Trask, but it’s not doctor. I’m not a psychologist. | 特拉斯特,但我不是医生 我不是心理医生 |
[00:52] | Kaytha is training as a traumatologist. | 凯莎正在接受训练 打算当创伤治疗师 |
[00:55] | I was wondering why there were two of you. | 我一直在想 为什么会有两个人来 |
[00:57] | Kaytha’s training. | 凯莎正在接受训练 |
[00:59] | – You don’t mind, do you? – No. | -你不会介意吧? -不会 |
[01:03] | What happened to your hand? | 你的手怎么了? |
[01:05] | I cut it putting down a glass. | 我在放杯子时割伤了 |
[01:08] | – It broke? – Yeah. | -杯子破了吗? -对 |
[01:10] | – The glass broke? – Yeah. | -杯子破了? -对 |
[01:14] | Well, let me tell you a little about who we are. | 让我跟你解释一下 我们的身份 |
[01:18] | We’re from ATVA. | 我们来自ATVA |
[01:20] | That’s the American Trauma Victims Association. | 也就是美国创伤受害者协会 |
[01:24] | We’re commonly called in by the government to work with trauma victims. | 政府会请我们辅导 创伤受害者 |
[01:28] | I’ll give you some examples. The pipe bomb at Lancaster Middle School… | 我可以告诉你一些例子 兰开斯特中学水管炸弹案 |
[01:32] | …we worked with the parents and the kids. | 我们辅导父母跟学童 |
[01:34] | Tulsa. Hurricane Beth. The Chatham fire. | 塔尔萨,贝斯咙风 查森姆大火 |
[01:37] | The Iowa tornadoes. The FBI raid in Rock Creek. | 爱荷华龙卷风 洛克溪联邦调查局攻击事件 |
[01:41] | So you are familiar with us. | 你对我们很熟悉 |
[01:42] | I’m the deputy White House chief of staff. | 我是白宫副幕僚长 |
[01:45] | I oversee 1100 White House employees. | 我得监督一千一百位白宫员工 |
[01:47] | I answer directly to Leo McGarry and the president of the US. | 我要直接跟里奥马加瑞 跟美国总统报告 |
[01:50] | Did you think you were talking to the paperboy? | 你以为你是在跟 报童说话吗? |
[01:53] | Did you imagine that I would walk into this room… | 你想像 我会走进这个房间 |
[01:56] | …without knowing who you are and what you do? | 不知道你是谁 或你是做什么的? |
[01:59] | Then why did you lie to me right off the bat? | 那你为什么一开始便骗我? |
[02:03] | – Josh… – She’s not here training! | -乔西 -她不是来受训的! |
[02:06] | As a matter of fact, she is. | 事实上她是来受训的 |
[02:09] | I read briefing books every day on subjects more complicated than ATVA. | 我每天看到的简报主题 要比ATVA复杂得多 |
[02:13] | She is here training in trauma therapy. | 她是来接受 创伤治疗的训练 |
[02:16] | – But that’s not why there are two of you. – No. | -那不是需要两个人的原因 -没错 |
[02:20] | That’s not the reason why there are two of you. | 那不是需要两个人的原因 |
[02:24] | I go to the bathroom, go to my office… | 我去洗手间 我去办公室 |
[02:26] | …answer the phone, one of you watches me? | 接电话,你们其中一个会监视我? |
[02:29] | Yeah. | 对 |
[02:32] | Stanley, you got off to a bad start. | 史丹利,你的开场白太糟糕了 |
[02:35] | – Yes, I did. – Yes, you did. | -没错 -一点都没错 |
[02:39] | Let’s start again. | 我们从头开始吧 |
[02:41] | – You gonna lie to me this time? – Nope. | -这次你会骗我吗? -不会 |
[02:44] | – You gonna lie to me? – Haven’t yet. | -你会骗我吗? -我还没有骗你 |
[02:47] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗? -对 |
[02:50] | How did you cut your hand? | 你的手是怎么受伤的? |
[02:56] | You’re not talking to the paperboy either. | 你也不是在跟报童说话 罗伯洛 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 珍妮尔摩隆奈 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 |
[03:47] | I’d asked a woman for coffee a few minutes ago. You want some? | 刚刚我请一位小姐去煮咖啡 你要喝一点吗? |
[03:50] | No, thanks. | 不用了,谢谢 |
[03:51] | – Tea? – No. | -要喝茶吗? -不 |
[03:53] | Maybe later. | 或许待会再说 |
[03:55] | The woman I asked works for you, I think. Donna? | 我想那位小姐是为你工作的 她叫唐娜 |
[03:59] | – She works for you? – My assistant. | -她为你工作吗? -她是我的助理 |
[04:01] | – Was she at Rosalyn? – It’s Rosslyn. | -她也在罗赛林吗? -是罗斯林 |
[04:04] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[04:05] | The shooting took place in Rosslyn, Virginia. Not Rosalyn. | 枪击案在维吉尼亚州罗斯林发生 不是罗赛林 |
[04:08] | I’m sorry. I’m not from around here. | 对不起 我不是这里的人 |
[04:10] | – Where are you from? – San Francisco, California. | -你是哪里人? -加州旧金山 |
[04:14] | I always thought it was San Franchesca. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 我一直都以为 它是新金山 制片:劳伦斯欧唐尼尔二世 |
[04:17] | – Was she with you? – Donna? | -她跟你在一起吗? -唐娜吗? 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[04:20] | No. | 不 |
[04:22] | Who was with you? | 谁跟你在一起? |
[04:23] | Everybody. We’d just gotten done with the town hall meeting. | 每个人,那时我们刚结束 在镇公所的会议 |
[04:26] | – Just gotten off television. – Who’s everybody? | -电视刚刚结束转播 -每个人是什么人? |
[04:29] | The president travels with a large group of people. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 总统跟一大堆人一起出去巡视 |
[04:31] | It was geared to young people. There were Department of Education people. | 到处都是年轻人 我们带了教育部的人过去 |
[04:35] | Obviously, C.J. Cregg and the press corps, Leo McGarry… | 编剧:艾伦索金 还有茜洁葛瑞 跟媒体,里奥马加瑞 |
[04:38] | …Bob Shanahan, Toby Ziegler was there… | 巴伯沙纳汉 托比齐格也在 |
[04:41] | …Ziegler’s deputy, Sam Seaborn… | 齐格的副手山姆希朋 |
[04:43] | …Zoey Bartlet was there, Charlie Young… | 柔依巴特勒也在 查理杨 导演:汤玛斯史兰姆 |
[04:46] | Who was with you? | 谁跟你在一起? |
[04:50] | I’m trying to get you to tell me what happened. | 我要你告诉我 发生了什么事 |
[04:52] | I walked out of the building, heard gunshots… | 史丹利,我走出建筑物 听到枪声 |
[04:55] | …people started screaming, I woke up in a hospital room. | 大家开始尖叫 我醒来时发现自己在医院里 |
[04:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:00] | What happened three weeks ago? | 三星期前发生了什么事? |
[05:03] | I don’t know what you’re referring to. | 我不知道你指的是什么 |
[05:06] | I don’t know what I’m referring to either… | 我也不知道我指的是什么 |
[05:08] | …but some of the people you work with… | 但一些 跟你一起工作的人 |
[05:10] | …became concerned with your behavior about three weeks ago. | 很担心 你三星期前的行为 |
[05:14] | I’ve been concerned with their behavior since way before that. | 我老早 就很担心他们的行为了 |
[05:18] | They were talking about the pilot. | 他们谈到了飞行员 |
[05:20] | – The pilot? – Robert Cano, the Air Force pilot. | -飞行员? -空军飞行员罗伯特卡诺 |
[05:23] | – What about him? – I don’t know. | -他怎么了? -我不知道 |
[05:26] | You said they were talking about the pilot. | 你刚说他们谈到了飞行员 |
[05:28] | – I said they may have been. – Well, that’s not what you said. | -我说他们可能提过这件事 -你不是那么说的 |
[05:32] | There was a lot going on. There was the IMF treaty… | 这里发生了很多事 国际货币基金条约 |
[05:35] | …petroleum reserves, Alaska, the president’s… | 原油储备量 阿拉斯加,总统 |
[05:37] | – But you mentioned the pilot. – Not for any special reason. | -但你提到了飞行员 -那没有什么特别的 |
[05:41] | I was saying that there was a lot happening three weeks ago. | 我说三星期前 发生了很多事 |
[05:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:47] | Then let’s talk about three weeks ago. | 让我们谈谈三星期前的事 |
[06:04] | – Toby? – Yeah. | -托比? -什么事? |
[06:07] | – What the hell’s going on? – What do you mean? | -这是怎么一回事? -你是什么意思? |
[06:09] | – Who are these guys? – A brass quintet. | -这些人是谁? -铜管五重奏 |
[06:12] | – I’m sorry? – A brass quintet. | -你说什么? -铜管五重奏 |
[06:14] | Two trumpets, trombone, baritone horn, French horn. | 两位喇叭手,一位长号手 上低音号,法国号 |
[06:17] | – Do you like them? – Do I like them for what? | -你喜欢他们吗? -我为什么要喜欢他们? |
[06:20] | To play Christmas carols in the lobby. | 他们在大厅 演奏耶诞歌曲 |
[06:22] | In the mornings and evenings as people come and go. You like them? | 在早上跟下午的上下班时间 你喜欢他们吗? |
[06:26] | No. | 不 |
[06:27] | – Why? – Because this isn’t the Paramus Mall. | -为什么? -因为这里不是巴拉穆斯音乐厅 |
[06:32] | For the last two Christmases in this White House… | 在白宫过去两年的耶诞节 |
[06:36] | …I’ve been accused of not being in the proper spirit. | 我一直被指控 没有耶诞节精神 |
[06:39] | Not this year. For the next three weeks… | 今年不会了 接下来三个星期 |
[06:41] | …I will be filling this lobby with music in the mornings and the evenings… | 我会在上下班的时候 让大厅充满音乐声 |
[06:45] | …so that we may all experience this season… | 所以大家都能 感受到佳节气氛 |
[06:47] | Would you people stop playing for one damn minute? | 你们能不能暂时别演奏? |
[06:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:53] | This season of peace and joy. | 这个宁静欢乐的佳节气氛 |
[06:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:59] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得怎样? |
[07:01] | They seem fine. | 他们看起来不错 |
[07:03] | The change they collect is for musical instruments in D. C. public schools. | 他们演奏所得将捐出来 为华盛顿特区公立学校买乐器 |
[07:06] | Toby? | 托比? |
[07:08] | Ben Zaharian stepped off the reservation last night. | 班查拉利恩昨晚 说错了话 |
[07:11] | What’d he do? You guys can keep playing. | 他做了什么? 你们可以继续演奏 |
[07:13] | He was at a Q and A at the NRDC about drilling the North Slope… | 昨晚他在美国自然资源保护委员会 被问到在北岭地区钻油的问题 |
[07:16] | …he was asked if the president would consider tapping into the SPR. | 他被问到总统 会不会考虑动用石油战略储备 |
[07:20] | He said tapping into the SPR has a lot of merit. | 他说动用石油战略储备 有很多优点 |
[07:23] | – I’ll get into it. – Thank you. | -我会去处理 -谢谢 |
[07:25] | Sam. | 山姆 |
[07:26] | Ben Zaharian did a Q and A last night… | 班查拉利恩昨晚去开会 |
[07:28] | …and was asked about the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. | 他被问到 石油战略储备的问题 |
[07:31] | And he said the SPR is for emergencies like times of war? | 他说石油战略储备 是因应战时紧急需要吗? |
[07:34] | He said tapping into the SPR has a lot of merit. | 他说动用石油战略储备 有很多优点 |
[07:37] | I’ll talk to a deputy. | 我会跟助理谈一谈 |
[07:38] | Would you, please? And go in and give C.J. a heads up. | 拜托你了 去跟茜洁提一下这件事 |
[07:41] | …expressed his confidence that when the IMF and the World Bank… | 表达出他的信心 国际货币基金组织跟世界银行 |
[07:44] | …meet in Prague next week, some restrictions will be relaxed. | 下星期将在布拉格开会 他们会放松一些限制 |
[07:48] | How could Pete Didion’s objections throw a wrench in the works? | 彼特迪迪恩的反对 会阻碍到这项工作吗? |
[07:51] | – Congress isn’t in session, you mean…? – Yeah. After the first. | -国会并没有开会,你是说? -对,第一次之后 |
[07:54] | He sits on the Foreign Apps subcommittee, so…. Mark. | 他是外交事务子委员会 的成员,所以马克 |
[07:57] | This is out of left field, but do you know about a woman… | 这跟简报内容无关 但你知道一个女人 |
[08:00] | …I don’t know how to say this, going crazy during a tour? | 我不知道该怎么说 她在参观时发疯了吗? |
[08:04] | A White House tour? | 她参观白宫时吗? |
[08:05] | A woman saw a painting and started screaming. | 有个女人看到一幅划像 便放声大叫 |
[08:09] | I don’t know, Mark. There’s a painting of Dolly Madison in the Grand Foyer… | 我不知道,马克 大展示厅有一张桃丽迈迪逊的划像 |
[08:13] | …catch it in the wrong light, it can scare… | 如果灯光打错了 它会吓得 |
[08:15] | – Okay. – What else? Katie. | -好吧 -还有事吗?凯蒂 |
[08:17] | The energy secretary gave a speech at the Natural Resources Defense Council… | 能源部秘书昨晚在 自然资源保护委员会发表演说 |
[08:21] | …about the perils of drilling the North Slope. | 他提到在北岭钻油的危险 |
[08:23] | During a Q and A, he was asked about tapping… | 在问答中,他被问到 |
[08:26] | …into the Strategic Petroleum Reserves to help ease oil prices. | 动用石油战略储备 帮助解决石油危机 |
[08:29] | He responded that the idea had a lot of merit. | 他说这么做有很多优点 |
[08:32] | Does this signal a shift in policy since last June? | 这表示去年六月 制定的政策会有改变吗? |
[08:34] | No, it doesn’t, but a bad idea in June isn’t necessarily a bad idea in December. | 不,但六月时的坏主意 到了十二月不一定是坏主意 |
[08:39] | – Why? – You don’t need to lower… | -为什么? -夏天时根本不需要 |
[08:41] | …the price of heating oil in the summer. Thank you, everybody. | 降低煤油的售价 谢谢大家 |
[08:46] | – Thanks. – Is somebody gonna speak to somebody? | -谢谢 -有人有话要跟别人说吗? |
[08:48] | – I’ll talk to a deputy. – Please. | -我会跟助理谈一谈 -拜托你了 |
[08:50] | What was that with the woman? | 那个女人是怎么了? |
[08:52] | – What woman? – The woman who went crazy on the tour. | -什么女人? -在参观时发疯的女人 |
[08:55] | – We get about five of those a week. – Really? | -一星期发生差不多五次类似事件 -真的吗? |
[08:58] | What exactly about the White House tour makes them go crazy? | 为什么参观白宫 会让他们发疯? |
[09:01] | The blue blazers. You’re gonna talk to somebody at the Energy Department? | 蓝色夹克 你要跟能源部的人谈一谈吗? |
[09:05] | – Good save. – Thank you. | -你刚刚说的很好 -谢谢你 |
[09:06] | – Where’s the president? – Situation Room. | -总统在哪里? -战情室 |
[09:08] | – What’s going on? – Something about a pilot. | -发生了什么事? -关于飞行员的事 |
[09:21] | – Ten-hut. – What’s going on? Sit down. | -立正 -发生了什么事?请坐 |
[09:24] | Mr. President, an F-16 Falcon from the 27th Fighter Wing… | 总统先生,驻扎在新墨西哥州 坎诺空军基地 |
[09:27] | …at Cannon Air Force Base in New Mexico has left his group. | 二十七飞行大队的 一架F-16战隼式战斗机脱队了 |
[09:30] | – What does that mean? – Returning home from an exercise… | -那是什么意思? -训练结束归队时 |
[09:33] | …the flight leader visually realized that the tail plane was no longer in formation. | 大队长看到尾随的飞机 并没有跟上来 |
[09:38] | No communication from the aircraft and it fails to respond to urgent radio calls. | 飞机没有通讯 也没有回应紧急无线电呼叫 |
[09:42] | – Is he in there alone? – The Falcon is a single-seat fighter. | -他一个人吗? -战隼式战斗机是单人战斗机 |
[09:45] | – Did he crash? – If he crashed… | -他坠机了吗? -如果他坠机了 |
[09:47] | …it would’ve triggered signals that would’ve been picked up. | 飞机会发出讯号 但我们没有收到讯号 |
[09:50] | Is there a chance he’s trying to contact the ground and can’t? | 他会不会尝试联络地面 但做不到? |
[09:53] | A massive collapse of this plane’s communication isn’t very likely. | 这架飞机不可能 同时发生那么多通讯问题 |
[09:57] | What does he have up there? | 飞机上有什么? |
[09:59] | He’s got a 20mm Vulcan Cannon and seven AIM Sidewinder missiles. | 他有二十厘米的瓦肯大跑 跟七枚响尾蛇飞弹 |
[10:02] | Is his intention to defect with a military asset or to blow something up? | 他是想偷走战机 或是想炸掉什么东西呢? |
[10:07] | We don’t know what his intention is. | 我们不知道他的用意 |
[10:10] | Don’t our fighter pilots go through psychological testing? | 我们的战斗机飞行员 不是要做心理测验吗? |
[10:13] | They go through extensive screening, sir. He was deemed psychologically fit to fly. | 他们得做许多测验,长官 他的心理状态合乎飞行要求 |
[10:19] | Let me ask a ridiculous question. | 我想问一个可笑的问题 |
[10:21] | Is there any way to bring this plane down without shooting it? | 除了把它打下来,有其他方法 能让这架飞机降落吗? |
[10:25] | No, sir. | 没有,长官 |
[10:27] | Okay. What about populated areas? | 好吧,如果是人口稠密地区呢? |
[10:29] | We can take him over the Sierra Madres. | 我们可以把他诱到 穆德雷山 |
[10:31] | It’s possible the pilot lost consciousness due to a dramatic loss of air pressure… | 飞行员可能因为气压急速降低 而失去意识 |
[10:36] | …and that’s why this is happening. | 所以才会发生这种事 |
[10:37] | We’ve scrambled F-16s to get a visual sighting. | 我们派出F-16寻找他 |
[10:40] | If the pilot is dead, they’ll see signs in the cockpit. | 如果飞行员死了 他们在驾驶舱里就能看到 |
[10:43] | If conscious, he’ll know he’s been painted… | 如果他有意识 他会知道他被发现了 |
[10:45] | …and he’ll be given an order to land at a designated area. | 我们会命令他 在预定地点降落 |
[10:49] | If he doesn’t, that’s when we make a decision. | 如果他不愿意 我们就得做出决定 |
[10:53] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[10:58] | And that was the first time you heard about the pilot? | 那是你第一次 听到那飞行员的事吗? |
[11:01] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[11:02] | That was the first time you heard about the pilot? | 那是你第一次 听到那飞行员的事吗? |
[11:06] | No. I wasn’t in the Situation Room. I don’t sit in those meetings. | 不,那时我不在战情室里 我不参加那种会议 |
[11:10] | But that day was when you heard about the pilot? | 但那天你听说了飞行员的事? |
[11:13] | They’d tell me later, because I had an assignment. | 稍后他们告诉了我 因为我有一项任务 |
[11:16] | – Having to do with the pilot? – Yeah. | -跟那个飞行员有关? -对 |
[11:18] | – What was it? – I’m sorry if this question sounds rude… | -是什么呢? -如果我口气不好请你原谅我 |
[11:21] | …but how long will we be here today? | 但今天我们得在这里待多久? |
[11:23] | I’m sorry if this answer sounds rude, but as long as I want. | 如果我口气不好请你原谅我 我想待多久就待多久 |
[11:27] | – I was asked here by Leo McGarry. – I know who asked you here. | -里奥马加瑞要我到这里来 -我知道谁要你到这里来 |
[11:31] | Three weeks ago. The pilot. | 三星期前,飞行员 |
[11:33] | For the fourth time, there was a lot going on that day… | 这是我第四次那么说 那天发生了很多事 |
[11:36] | …I’m not sure why we’re fixated… | 我不明白为什么我们要坚持 |
[11:38] | What was the assignment with the pilot? | 你的任务跟飞行员有什么关系? |
[11:42] | I was supposed to look into his personal records to figure out why he… | 我要研究他的个人资料 查出为什么他 |
[11:47] | It’s the coffee, Josh. | 只是咖啡来了,乔西 |
[12:00] | – When’d you find out? – In the Situation Room an hour ago. | -你什么时候知道的? -一小时前在战情室 |
[12:03] | – How long’s he been up there? – 90 minutes since he broke formation. | -他在天上飞了多久? -他脱队九十分钟了 |
[12:06] | They’ve deployed the 57th Fighter Wing from Nellis in Nevada, the 388th… | 他们派出内华达州奈利斯的 57飞行大队,亚利桑纳州的 |
[12:11] | …the 58th from Arizona, the 301 st out of Texas…. | 388及58飞行大队 德州的301飞行大队 |
[12:14] | How long before I see this on TV? | 电视新闻什么时候会报导? |
[12:16] | I’m amazed Newscenter 4’s traffic copter isn’t there right now. | 我很讶异第四新闻中心的 路况播报直升机不在那里 |
[12:19] | – How long before making visual contact? – About 10 minutes. | -什么时候会找到那飞行员? -大约十分钟 |
[12:22] | – What do we know about the pilot? – Not as much as I’d like. | -我们对飞行员了解多少? -还不多 |
[12:25] | – Want me to get into it? – Get the biographical info. | -要我去查一下吗? -找出他的个人档案 |
[12:28] | How did this guy get through a fairly intense psychological screening process? | 这家伙怎么通过 严密的心理评估测验? |
[12:31] | We gave this guy an $18 million war plane. | 我们把一千八百万的飞机 交给这个家伙 |
[12:34] | – I’ll get into it. – Excuse me. | -我会去查 -对不起 |
[12:36] | – Donna… – I have the personnel file for the pilot. | -唐娜 -我找到飞行员的个人资料 |
[12:39] | – How did you know I’d ask for that? – I’m tuned to you. | -你怎么知道我需要它? -我能看穿你的心 |
[12:42] | I anticipate your every need. | 预测你所有的需要 |
[12:43] | But to be walking by with the guy’s personnel file? | 但你知道 我需要这家伙的个人资料? |
[12:46] | They called me 10 minutes ago. Don’t be a yutz. | 十分钟前他们打电话给我 别那么好骗 |
[12:53] | – You’re a very handsome man. – What do you need? | -你是个大帅哥 -你要做什么? |
[12:56] | You’re a very powerful and a very handsome man. | 你是个握有大权的英俊男人 |
[12:58] | What do you need? | 你要做什么? |
[12:59] | – You know I never ask you for anything. – What do you need? | -我从来没有要求过你任何事 -你要做什么? |
[13:02] | Yo-Yo Ma’s playing at the Christmas party. | 马友友会在耶诞节演奏会演奏 |
[13:04] | – Which one? – Congressional. | -哪一个? -国会演奏会 |
[13:06] | – Fine. – I can come? | -好吧 -我可以去? |
[13:08] | – Give me the file. – Can I come? | -把档案给我 -我能去吗? |
[13:10] | To the congressional Christmas party? Yeah. | 国会耶诞派对吗? 可以 |
[13:12] | You can take your Pablo Casals and your Rostropovich, I say Yo-Yo Ma rules. | 你可以听卡萨尔斯 跟罗波维奇,我要听马友友 |
[13:17] | What? | 什么? |
[13:19] | – This guy. The pilot. – What about him? | -这个飞行员 -他怎么了? |
[13:21] | He’s got the same birthday as me. | 他跟我同一天生日 |
[13:23] | I’ll be in here. | 我会在这里 |
[13:29] | So I spoke to Jessie Witt at Energy. I dressed her down pretty good. | 我跟能源部的洁西威特谈过 我狠狠地教训了她 |
[13:32] | They won’t get us to change our policy on the SPR… | 他们不能逼我们 改变我们对石油战略储备的政策 |
[13:34] | …by announcing we should change it. | 只因为他们宣布我们应该改变它 |
[13:36] | And I told her that in no uncertain terms. | 我跟她说 那是没得商量的 |
[13:38] | – And? – I think we should change our policy. | -所以呢? -我想我们应该改变政策 |
[13:41] | I have to do this thing right now. Can we talk about it later? | 我现在得去做这件事 我们能待会再谈吗? |
[13:47] | You know this guy, the pilot? | 你知道这个飞行员吗? |
[13:50] | – We have the same birthday. – I’m gonna talk to Leo about the SPR. | -我们同一天生日 -我要跟里奥谈谈石油战略储备 |
[14:01] | Bernard Thatch from the White House Visitors Office is waiting. | 白宫访客中心的伯纳德柴契 在等你 |
[14:04] | I asked him to come see me. | 我要他来见我 |
[14:07] | – Claudia Jean. – How you doing, Bernard? | -茜洁 -你好吗?伯纳德 |
[14:09] | I’m not at all well. | 我不太好 |
[14:10] | – That’s not unusual, is it? – No. | -那很常见吧? -不 |
[14:12] | There was an incident on a tour? | 参观活动发生了意外? |
[14:14] | There’s always an incident. People touch things. | 意外常常发生 访客会撞到东西 |
[14:16] | – You should punish them for that. – I’ve begged my superiors to allow me. | -你应该处罚他们的 -我求我的督导让我那么做 |
[14:20] | – This had to do with a painting. – Yes. It’s in the report. Not a problem. | -这一定跟划有关系 -对,报告里都写了,别担心 |
[14:24] | It made it to the press room, so I wanted to check. | 媒体问到这件事 我想调查一下 |
[14:27] | The guide was pointing out the Gustave Caillebotte outside the Blue Room. | 导游指着蓝室外面的 查洛波的划 |
[14:30] | A woman began screaming. | 一个女人开始尖叫 |
[14:32] | – Completely incoherently. – In English? | -令人措手不及 -她说英文吗? |
[14:34] | If it was a language at all, its origin was unknown to me. | 如果她说的是一种语言 我不知道她说的是哪一种语言 |
[14:37] | The agent on duty attempted to take a statement… | 执勤探员试着 跟她录口供 |
[14:40] | …but not speaking whatever language she was… | 但听不懂 她使用哪一种语言 |
[14:43] | …simply escorted her out of the building. | 只能请她离开白宫 |
[14:45] | Okay. Thanks for stopping by. | 好吧,谢谢你赶过来 |
[14:47] | C.J., your necklace is a monument to bourgeois taste. | 茜洁,你的项链 有中世纪的风格 |
[14:51] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 -别客气 |
[14:53] | Bernard. Listen, who is Gustave Caillebotte… | 伯纳德,听我说 谁是查洛波 |
[14:56] | …and how long has his painting been here? | 他的划挂在这里多久了? |
[14:59] | He was a contemporary of Courbet, who was considerably more gifted. | 他跟库尔贝是同时期的划家 他被认为更具天份 |
[15:02] | This is a painting of the cliffs at Étretat, cleverly titled The Cliffs at Étretat. | 这幅划是伊崔特的悬崖 所以它叫做《伊崔特的悬崖》 |
[15:07] | – It is a minor work. – What’s it doing here? | -那是幅小品划 -它为什么会在这里? |
[15:09] | It was on loan from the Musée d’Orsay to the National Gallery. | 奥德赛博物馆 将它出借给国立艺廊 |
[15:13] | The president, on a visit to the National Gallery… | 总统造访国立艺廊时 |
[15:15] | …and possessing less taste in fine art than you have in accessories… | 他对艺术品的品味 比你对饰品的品味逊多了 |
[15:18] | …announced that he liked the painting. | 他说他喜欢那幅划 |
[15:20] | The French government offered it as a gift to the White House. | 法国政府将它送给白宫 |
[15:22] | I suppose as retribution for Euro Disney, so here it hangs… | 我猜为了报复欧洲迪士尼 它挂在这里 |
[15:26] | …like a gym sock on a shower rod. | 就像是浴室架上的运动袜 |
[15:28] | – You’re a snob. – Yes. | -你是个势利鬼 -没错 |
[15:32] | I’d stay on the phone with Cashman and Berryhill. | 我会跟卡许曼 及贝利希尔通电话 |
[15:35] | They’re gonna know when the F-16s have painted him before I will. | 他们会在我之前知道F-16 何时拦下他 |
[15:38] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thank you. | -谢谢,总统先生 -谢谢 |
[15:44] | In 10th grade, me and my friends… | 念十年级的时候 我跟我的朋友 |
[15:46] | …took my father’s Ford Country Squire on a joyride to Vermont. | 开着我爸的车 想到佛蒙特去兜风 |
[15:49] | He locked me in the garage till Easter. | 他罚我得被关在车库里 直到复活节 |
[15:52] | What should we do with this pilot once his ass is on the ground? | 那个飞行员落地后 我们该怎么处置他? |
[15:56] | – You think that’s gonna happen? – No. | -你觉得会发生那种事吗? -不 |
[15:58] | I was asked to talk to you about Christmas cards. | 我奉命 来跟你谈谈耶诞卡片的事 |
[16:01] | – What about them? – Which will you sign by hand… | -它们怎么了? -哪些你要亲自签名 |
[16:03] | – … and which get the autopen? – I’ll sign them all by hand. | -哪些要盖章? -全部都要亲自签名 |
[16:05] | – We did this last year. – I’ll sign them all. | -去年我们这么做过了 -全部都要亲自签名 |
[16:08] | – That’s not practical. – I don’t like the whole autopen idea. | -那是不切实际的想法 -我不喜欢盖章的点子 |
[16:11] | – How many can there be? – Cards? | -一共有多少? -卡片吗? |
[16:13] | – How many am I sending out? – 1,110,000. | -我要寄多少张卡片? -一百一十一万张 |
[16:17] | – Seriously? – Yes, sir. | -真的吗? -是的,长官 |
[16:19] | I’m sending out 1. 1 million Christmas cards? | 我要寄 一百一十一万张耶诞卡片? |
[16:21] | It’s a three-tiered system. About 1000 names on the First Family’s list. | 我们分成了三个部份 第一家庭列出一千人的清单 |
[16:25] | Then 100,000 campaign workers and contributors. | 十万份是竞选义工跟金主 |
[16:28] | – Who are the million? – You send a card to whoever writes… | -剩下的一百万呢? -你得寄卡片 |
[16:30] | – … a letter to the White House. – I do? | -给每个写信给白宫的人 -真的吗? |
[16:33] | Around a million people wrote. | 大约有一百万人写信来 |
[16:34] | – Some were death threats. – They’ve weeded those out. | -有些是死亡威胁 -他们已经过滤掉那些信了 |
[16:37] | – Well, I’m not signing 1. 1 million cards. – I wouldn’t think so. | -我没办法签一百一十一万张卡片 -我也那么想 |
[16:42] | – 1. 1 million cards? – Yes, sir. | -一百一十一万张卡片? -是的,长官 |
[16:45] | – Yeah? – Sir. | -什么事? -长官 |
[16:46] | – Situation Room. – What happened? | -战情室 -发生了什么事? |
[16:49] | – He was dead. – The pilot? | -他死了 -飞行员吗? |
[16:52] | – Robert Cano. Leo came and told me. – What had you found out about him? | -罗伯特卡诺,里奥跟我提了他的事 -你发现他是什么样的人? |
[16:57] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[16:58] | You were supposed to learn about the pilot and brief the president. | 你应该查出飞行员的资料 跟总统做简报 |
[17:02] | – I didn’t learn anything. – Must’ve learned something. | -我什么都不知道 -你一定查出了什么 |
[17:04] | There wasn’t time. It was maybe 20 minutes… | 我没有时间 我接下这个任务 |
[17:07] | – … between when I got the assignment… – How’d he die? | -大约二十分钟后 -他是怎么死的? |
[17:10] | Cano? He crashed into a mountain, Stanley. | 卡诺吗? 他是撞山死的,史丹利 |
[17:13] | No, was it because he lost oxygen? Did you have to shoot him down? | 不,那是因为他缺氧吗? 你们得把他打下来吗? |
[17:17] | This was on the front page of newspapers. | 这都登在报纸的头版上 |
[17:20] | It wasn’t on the front page of the sports section, so… | 它没有登在 体育版的头版,所以 |
[17:23] | It’s over. | 一切都结束了 |
[17:25] | – The F-16? – Yeah. | -那F-16吗? -对 |
[17:27] | He went into a mountain north of Mexico City. | 他撞上了 墨西哥市北边的山区 |
[17:30] | – Was the pilot alive when it crashed? – Yes. | -撞机时飞行员还活着吗? -对 |
[17:32] | – We know that for sure or…? – There was a radio communication. | -我们很清楚或 -我们收到了无线电通讯 |
[17:35] | – From the pilot? – Yeah. | -飞行员发出来的? -对 |
[17:37] | – What’d he say? – He said, “It wasn’t the plane. “ | -他说了什么? -他说“不是因为飞机的关系” |
[17:42] | – That’s it? – Yeah. | -就那样? -对 |
[17:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:50] | – So, what do you know? – The same things you know. | -你知道什么? -就跟你知道的一样 |
[17:53] | He’s from Tallahassee. He trained at Laughlin on T-37s. | 他来自塔拉海西 在拉夫林学开T-37 |
[17:56] | – What else? – Stanley… | -还有呢? -史丹利 |
[17:58] | – What else did you know? – I didn’t know anything. | -你还知道什么? -我什么都不知道 |
[18:01] | I knew his name. I knew his rank. | 我知道他的名字 我知道他的官阶 |
[18:05] | I knew where he trained. I knew his missions. | 我知道他在哪里受训练 我知道他出过的任务 |
[18:08] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[18:12] | – We had the same birthday. – That’s right. | -我们生日是同一天 -没错 |
[18:16] | And what else? | 还有呢? |
[18:18] | He’s got some medals. One of them’s a Purple Heart. | 他得过一些勋章 包括一枚紫心勋章 |
[18:21] | For what? | 是怎样得到的? |
[18:24] | His plane was shot at over Bosnia. | 他的飞机在波士尼亚被击中 |
[18:27] | It caught fire, he ejected… | 它起火燃烧,他弹跳逃生 |
[18:33] | …and there were some injuries. | 受了伤 |
[18:37] | That’s right, Josh. | 没错,乔西 |
[18:41] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[18:58] | – Bagpipes? – Yeah. | -风笛? -对 |
[19:00] | You put bagpipes in the lobby? | 你要他们在大厅演奏风笛? |
[19:02] | Not just any bagpipes. | 他们不是普通的风笛手 |
[19:03] | Those guys are the Duncan McTavish Clarney Highland Bagpipe Regiment. | 他们是唐肯麦塔维希 克拉尼高地风笛团 |
[19:08] | – They’re a bagpipe regiment? – From Delaware, but they can play. | -他们是风笛团? -他们来自德拉瓦,但他们非常厉害 |
[19:11] | Two weeks ago, it was a brass quintet. | 两星期前是铜管五重奏 |
[19:13] | Yesterday, it was the Capital Blue Plate Banjo Band. | 昨天是 首都蓝板班鸠琴乐团 |
[19:16] | Capital Bluegrass Banjo Brigade. | 是首都蓝草班鸠琴团 |
[19:18] | And those guys were featured on local news. | 这些家伙 在当地新闻台表演过 |
[19:21] | – They’re pretty loud. – The bagpipes? | -他们很大声 -风笛吗? |
[19:24] | Because shepherds need to call in the goats from atop the hills. | 因为牧羊人得把山羊 从山丘上叫下来 |
[19:27] | Shepherds herd sheep. They don’t do it in Delaware. | 牧羊人要牧羊 他们在德拉瓦不必牧羊 |
[19:30] | They can’t play in the lobby. | 他们不能在大厅演奏 |
[19:31] | The money people toss in their cases will go to buy band uniforms… | 大家丢进他们琴盒里的钱 将会被拿来 |
[19:35] | …for St. Mary’s Assumption High School. | 帮圣母升天高中 买乐队制服 |
[19:37] | – I’m not kidding. – They have a 14-song repertoire. | -我不是在开玩笑 -他们打算演奏十四首歌 |
[19:39] | I can hear the damn sirens all over the building. | 屋子里到处都可以 听到警铃 |
[19:45] | The bagpipes. | 风笛 |
[19:52] | The bagpipes. They can’t play in the lobby. | 风笛,他们不能在大厅演奏 |
[19:58] | Hang on a second. | 等一下 |
[20:00] | Carol, a few days ago, I met with Bernard Thatch. | 卡萝,几天前 我跟伯纳德柴契见过面 |
[20:03] | He didn’t like my shoes. | 他不喜欢我的鞋子 |
[20:04] | He said the Secret Service took a report from a woman… | 他说秘勤局 对一位女士做了报告 |
[20:06] | …who had some kind of episode on a tour. | 她在参观白宫时 突然情绪失常 |
[20:09] | Hang on. I should glance at that report. Could you get it for me? | 等一下,我该看看那份报告 你能帮我弄到它吗? |
[20:12] | If I could ask the SPR a question… | 我想问问石油战略储备的问题 |
[20:14] | Would it be possible to hold the noise down out here? | 能不能叫他们小声一点? |
[20:17] | Do you need something? | 你有什么事吗? |
[20:19] | – I need the CBO spec. – It’s on your desk. | -我要国会预算办公室的报告 -它在你的桌子上 |
[20:22] | It’s like a damn hockey game out here. | 这里就跟曲棍球比赛差不多 |
[20:25] | Did you know that there were people who were concerned about you? | 你知道很多人担心你吗? |
[20:29] | I don’t…. | 我不 |
[20:31] | – I’m not comfortable with that question. – I mean, concerned with your behavior. | -我不想回答那个问题 -他们担心你的行为 |
[20:35] | I understand what you meant. | 我了解你的意思 |
[20:37] | If you look back, do you remember anything unusual about your behavior? | 回忆过去,你还记得 你的行为有哪些异常吗? |
[20:42] | – No. – Why were your friends saying that? | -不 -你朋友为什么会那么说? |
[20:45] | – This is incredibly prosecutorial. – I don’t care. | -那是一种天大的指控 -我不在乎 |
[20:48] | I think if you wanna know what my friends were thinking, talk to them. | 我想如果你想知道 我朋友在想什么,去问他们 |
[20:53] | – I did. – So I gather. | -我问过了 -我懂了 |
[20:55] | – What was going on on the 19th? – The 19th of this month? | -十九号发生了什么事? -这个月十九号吗? |
[20:59] | – Five days ago. – To say, “What went on on the I9th”…. | -五天前 -你说“十九号发生了什么事” |
[21:04] | – The things that go on here in a day… – Name things that went on five days ago. | -每天这里都会发生很多事 -告诉我五天前发生了什么事 |
[21:09] | C.J.? C.J.? | 茜洁 |
[21:12] | – C.J.? – Yeah? | -茜洁? -什么事? |
[21:14] | – What are you doing? – Eating. | -你在做什么? -吃东西 |
[21:16] | – Why is…? – Something’s strange about this photo. | -为什么? -这张照片怪怪的 |
[21:18] | Why is there no more information coming about Robert Cano? | 为什么没有 罗伯特卡诺的后续资料? |
[21:21] | – It’s not the photo, it’s the painting in it. – Why has there been no new information? | -不是照片,是里面的划怪怪的 -为什么没有新资料? |
[21:27] | Because there’s no new information. | 因为没有新资料 |
[21:30] | – There isn’t. – You accept that? | -就是没有 -你接受那种事? |
[21:32] | A healthy Air Force pilot kills himself and nobody’s asking why? | 一位健康的空军飞行员自杀 没有人问为什么? |
[21:36] | We don’t know why except that he wasn’t perfectly healthy anymore. | 我们不知道为什么 只知道当时他不是完全健康 |
[21:43] | – All right. – Hang on. | -好吧 -等一下 |
[21:46] | Look at this picture. Does something in this picture look familiar? | 看看这张照片 有没有你觉得眼熟的东西? |
[21:49] | – It’s a man holding a little girl. – Look behind the man, on the wall. | -这是一个男人抱着小女孩的照片 -那个男人后面的墙上 |
[21:53] | – The painting? – Yeah. | -那张划? -对 |
[21:55] | It looks familiar? | 你觉得眼熟吗? |
[21:57] | It’s the same one hanging outside the Blue Room. | 它是挂在蓝室外面的那张划 |
[21:59] | – Are you kidding? – I need information. | -你在开玩笑吗? -我需要资料 |
[22:02] | – I’m going to the Blue Room. – Yo-Yo Ma rules. | -我要去蓝室 -马友友很棒 |
[22:04] | – She wouldn’t shut up about Yo-Yo Ma. – You don’t like the cello? | -她提到马友友嘴巴就停不了 -你不喜欢大提琴? |
[22:08] | I like the cello fine. You asked me what was going on that day and one thing… | 我很喜欢大提琴,你问我那天 发生了什么事,我记得一件事 |
[22:12] | …was that Donna wouldn’t shut up about Yo-Yo Ma. | 唐娜一直在提 马友友的事 |
[22:15] | – Who was playing at the Christmas party? – Yes. | -他要在耶诞派对中表演? -对 |
[22:18] | Now, the day of that party, you had a meeting at the Oval Office. | 举行派对的那天 你们在椭圆形办公室开会 |
[22:23] | – Probably. – No, you did. | -或许吧 -不,那是真的 |
[22:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:27] | You don’t remember having a meeting that day? | 你不记得那天有开会? |
[22:29] | It’s not unusual for me to meet in the Oval Office five or 10 times a day. | 我一天常常得在椭圆形办公室 开五到十次会 |
[22:33] | – The one I’m talking about wasn’t usual. – Stanley…. | -我指的那个会议很不一样 -史丹利 |
[22:36] | Come on. You’re pissed at Sam, you’re pissed at Toby and C.J. | 少来了,你对山姆发脾气 你对托比跟茜洁发脾气 |
[22:41] | You’re pissed at Donna. Who’s next? | 你对唐娜发脾气,接下来是谁? |
[22:44] | Last year New England had 16.3 million barrels of commercial inventory. | 去年新英格兰买了 一千六百三十万桶油 |
[22:50] | – This year they have six. – Nobody was next. | -今年是六百万桶 -没有下一个 |
[22:53] | I don’t know what you heard about this meeting, but it wasn’t even my meeting. | 我不知道你听说那次会议怎么了 但那根本不是我的会议 |
[22:58] | OPEC will find a way to punish us. | 石油输出国家组织 会想办法惩罚我们 |
[23:00] | The Saudis announced they’d welcome the US. tapping into the SPR. | 沙地阿拉伯宣布 他们欢迎美国动用石油战略储备 |
[23:03] | Even they think the price is too high. | 连他们都觉得价格太高了 |
[23:05] | If they’re concerned, why don’t they make oil faster? | 如果他们很担心 他们为什么不加快产油速度? |
[23:08] | – They’re not that concerned. – Didn’t think so. | -他们没有那么担心 -我可不那么想 |
[23:11] | It was Sam’s meeting. He wanted the president to meet… | 那是山姆的会议 他要总统 |
[23:13] | …with his energy and economic advisors. I was there for a political perspective. | 跟能源及经济顾问开会 我在那里提供政治考量 |
[23:18] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[23:20] | Only two things stop the government from doing anything: money or politics. | 只有两件事能阻止政府 做任何事,钱或政治 |
[23:24] | So you were there to say it was a bad idea politically? | 你在那里说那么做 对政治有害? |
[23:28] | – Did you think it was? – Yeah. | -你那么认为吗? -对 |
[23:30] | – Did you say so? – I’m paid to say so. | -你那么说? -那是我的工作 |
[23:33] | – What’d you say? – I told him to…. | -你说了什么? -我告诉他 |
[23:39] | You’re not gonna understand it. | 你不会了解的 |
[23:41] | – I’m a fairly well-educated guy. – You need to understand the background. | -我受过高等教育 -你得了解背景 |
[23:46] | Did you raise your voice? | 你提高了音量吗? |
[23:49] | – To the president? – Yeah. | -对总统吗? -对 |
[23:52] | No. | 不 |
[23:56] | – Okay. – You don’t raise your voice to him. | -好吧 -你不可以对他提高音量 |
[23:59] | – Certainly don’t do it in the Oval Office. – Okay. | -在椭圆形办公室当然不会那么做 -好吧 |
[24:02] | There’s always lively discussion, and the president’s informal with his staff… | 我们常会激烈讨论 总统会跟幕僚争论 |
[24:06] | …but there’s a line you don’t cross. | 但你绝不能越过界线 |
[24:13] | Ever. You don’t ever cross that line. | 永远不行,你绝不能越过界线 |
[24:17] | – Let’s set up a meeting. – Sir, can I… | -安排一下开会的事 -长官,我想 |
[24:19] | – You sold me, we’ll set up a meeting. – Excellent. | -你说的对,我们得安排开会 -太棒了 |
[24:23] | – Can I say I think it’s a bad idea? – Why? | -我能说那是个坏主意吗? -为什么? |
[24:26] | – Not something Didion’s gonna like. – I’m talking about a meeting… | -迪迪恩不会喜欢的 -我想安排会议 |
[24:29] | …but if I decide to do it, the president controls the SPR, not Congress. | 但如果我可以决定的话,控制 石油战略储备的人是总统,不是国会 |
[24:33] | – Didion controls the IMF vote. – They aren’t related. | -迪迪恩控制国际货币基金组织的选票 -他们没有关系 |
[24:36] | – Let’s move on. – The two are related. Through Didion. | -继续吧 -透过迪迪恩的话他们就有关系 |
[24:40] | I’m saying the Strategic Petroleum Reserve… | 我是说石油战略储备 |
[24:43] | …and forgiving the IMF debt are not related. | 跟取消国际货币基金组织债务 是没有关系的 |
[24:46] | – Anything else? – Of course they are. | -还有事吗? -他们当然有关系 |
[24:47] | If Didion doesn’t like us using the SPR, he won’t let IMF debt out of committee. | 如果他不喜欢我们动用石油战略储备 他不会答应取消国际货币基金组织债务 |
[24:51] | – We’ll talk to him tonight. – Mr. President… | -今晚我们会跟他谈 -总统先生 |
[24:53] | At the Christmas party. We’ll take him aside. | 在耶诞派对上 先不管他 |
[24:56] | – Sir, you can’t just take him aside. – Josh, we can move on… | -长官,你不能不管他 -乔西,我们得继续 |
[24:59] | – We can’t move on from here. – Josh… | -我们没办法继续 -乔西 |
[25:01] | We can’t just take him aside! If we tell him we need his help… | 我们不能不管他 如果我们告诉他我们需要他帮忙 |
[25:04] | …we give him visibility and power… | 我们给他野心跟权力 |
[25:06] | …and we put him in a position to say no and be a hero to his party… | 我们让他有资格说不 成为他政党的英雄 |
[25:10] | – … and who wouldn’t wanna do that? – Josh, Didion’s a good guy. | -谁不会那么做呢? -乔西,迪迪恩是好人 |
[25:13] | – We can talk to him. – Listen to me. | -我们可以跟他谈 -听我说 |
[25:15] | You have to listen to me. I can’t help you unless you listen to me. | 你得听我说 你不听我说,我帮不了你 |
[25:19] | You can’t send Christmas cards to everyone, you can’t do it. | 你不能寄耶诞卡片给每一个人 你不能那么做 |
[25:22] | Forget the SPR. Let’s get the IMF loans like we said we were going to… | 别管石油战略储备,我们照计划 跟国际货币基金组织要钱 |
[25:25] | …listen to what I have to say about Didion and please listen to me! | 听听我对迪迪恩的说法 求求你听我说! |
[25:41] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[25:45] | – All right, let’s move on. – Josh, go wait in my office, would you? | -好吧,我们继续 -乔西,请你到我办公室等我 |
[25:50] | – I suppose if it’s just a meeting… – Wait in my office. | -如果只是例行公事 -到我办公室等我 |
[25:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:00] | – We’ll talk to Didion tonight? – Yeah. | -我们今晚会跟迪迪恩谈? -对 |
[26:04] | It’s not intervention in a free market, if that’s what he’s worried about. | 那不是干预自由市场 如果那是他担心的地方 |
[26:07] | – I agree. – It’s not free trade… | -我同意 -那不是自由贸易 |
[26:09] | …if the price of oil is being controlled by a cartel. | 如果油价 被政治利益所控制 |
[26:12] | – Sam, you’ll be in on this? – Yes, sir. | -山姆,你会去处理吗? -是的,长官 |
[26:14] | – Thanks. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢 -谢谢总统先生 |
[26:36] | Have you ever heard of ATVA? | 你听过ATVA吗? |
[26:39] | – Leo… – Have you? | -里奥 -你听过吗? |
[26:41] | – I think I should go back in there. – American Trauma Victims Association. | -我想我应该回去了 -美国创伤受害者协会 |
[26:45] | – Leo… – We call them to treat trauma victims… | -里奥 -我们请他们治疗创伤受害者 |
[26:48] | – … specifically we… – I know what ATVA is. | -特别是我们 -我知道ATVA是什么 |
[26:51] | – You’re gonna sit with a guy. – Leo… | -你得跟他们谈一谈 -里奥 |
[26:54] | You’re gonna sit with a guy. | 你得跟他们谈一谈 |
[26:56] | If this is because of what I just said in there… | 如果这是因为 我刚刚在里面说的话 |
[26:58] | Josh, I’m not sure you were fully conscious while you were saying it. | 乔西,我相信你那么说时 神智不是完全地清楚 |
[27:04] | – Well, thank God for Leo. – Yeah. | -喔,谢谢里奥 -对 |
[27:07] | I’m serious. The man’s an alcoholic, he knew what he was talking about. | 我是认真的,这家伙是酒鬼 他知道他在说什么 |
[27:13] | – I’m not sure it was as bad as maybe… – It was. | -我不相信它有那么糟,或许 -它的确很糟 |
[27:17] | Stanley, you can ask questions or answer them, but not both at the same time. | 史丹利,你可以问问题或回答问题 但你不能同时那么做 |
[27:21] | Yes, I can. | 不,我可以 |
[27:23] | – Why? – Because I know the answers… | -为什么? -因为我知道答案 |
[27:27] | …and I don’t work for you. | 而且我不是为你工作 |
[27:30] | – Is there gonna be…? – How’d you cut your hand? | -那是 -你怎么割伤手的? |
[27:33] | – Stanley. – No, how’d you do it? | -史丹利 -不,你怎么受伤的? |
[27:35] | I put a glass down. | 我把杯子放下 |
[27:38] | Yeah, I don’t think you did. | 对,我想你没有 |
[27:41] | Stanley, I got home from the thing, I made a drink, I sat down… | 史丹利,发生那件事之后我回家 我倒了杯酒,坐下来 |
[27:46] | …I pushed the magazine aside to use as a coaster, I missed the coaster. | 我将杂志推到一边当垫子 我没有放对位置 |
[27:53] | You missed the coaster with quite a bit of force. | 你放酒杯的力度真大 |
[27:55] | – I work out when I can. – I swear, I am completely unimpressed… | -我有时间就会健身 -我发誓我真的很不喜欢 |
[27:59] | …with clever answers. | 油嘴滑舌的人 |
[28:00] | And I was so hoping we’d have a second date. | 我希望 我们可以再见面 |
[28:07] | You’re in nine kinds of pain. | 你非常痛苦 |
[28:10] | You don’t know what’s going on inside of you… | 你不知道 自己的心是怎么了 |
[28:13] | …and you are so locked into damage control that you can’t… | 你把痛苦藏在心里 你没办法 |
[28:19] | – You diagnosed me in eight hours? – Josh, I diagnosed you in five minutes. | -你只跟我谈了八小时就要诊断我? -乔西,我花五分钟就能诊断你 |
[28:26] | Talk about the night of the party. | 谈谈派对那天晚上 |
[28:30] | Mr. Lyman, are you in there? | 赖曼先生,你在吗? |
[28:32] | You said you put down the glass when you came home from a party that night. | 你说过派对那晚回家后 你放下酒杯 |
[28:36] | Yeah, the congressional Christmas party. | 对,国会耶诞派对 |
[28:40] | Mr. Lyman? | 赖曼先生? |
[28:42] | The congressional Christmas party, it was white tie… | 国会耶诞派对 大家得打白色的领带 |
[28:45] | …which is unusual, but the president likes it. | 那很不寻常 但总统喜欢那样子 |
[28:59] | You look good, Charlie. | 你看起来很帅,查理 |
[29:01] | I didn’t know people dressed like this anymore. | 你看起来很帅,查理 我不知道现在还有人 会打扮成这样 |
[29:03] | – I’ve brought it back. – Yes, sir. | -我想来点复古风 -是的 |
[29:05] | Like Woodrow Wilson and top hats. | 像是伍卓威尔森跟高礼帽 |
[29:07] | We’re not gonna wear top hats, are we, sir? | 我们不必 戴高礼帽吧? |
[29:09] | – No. Thank you. – Good evening, Mr. President. | -不,谢谢 -晚安,总统先生 |
[29:12] | Charlie, this is how statesmen dress. This is how they dress at times of occasion. | 查理,这才是政治家的专着 他们在特殊场合会穿成这样 |
[29:17] | – Yes, sir. – It’s regal. | -是的,长官 -这很优雅 |
[29:18] | – Yes, sir. – Eagle’s moving. | -是的,长官 -这很优雅 -是的,长官 -总统离开了 |
[29:22] | Hello, I’m sorry to keep you waiting. | 嗨,抱歉让你久等 |
[29:25] | C.J., this is Rebecca Housman and her son, David. | 茜洁,这位是萝贝卡豪斯曼 她儿子大卫 |
[29:27] | I’m C.J. Cregg. We spoke on the phone. | 我是茜洁葛瑞 我们通过电话 |
[29:29] | – Yes. – Mrs. Housman, I’m C.J. Cregg. | -对 -豪斯曼太太,我是茜洁葛瑞 |
[29:32] | I’m the White House press secretary. | 我是白宫新闻秘书 |
[29:34] | – Does she understand me? – A little. | -她听得懂吗? -一点点 |
[29:36] | This is your painting. Your father was Augie Housman? | 这是你的划 你父亲是奥吉豪斯曼? |
[29:40] | – Yes. – He was an art collector. | -对 -他是艺术品收藏家 |
[29:43] | Mostly of minor Impressionists that no one else really cared that much about. | 他大多收集没有人会在乎的 小牌印象派划家作品 |
[29:47] | He was a French Jew. | 他是法国犹太人 |
[29:48] | And the Vichy laws stripped him of his property. | 他是法国犹太人 维琪政府的法律 把他的财产都抢走了 |
[29:51] | – Yeah. – Well, best as we can tell… | -对 -我们查出 |
[29:53] | …the Nazis sold the painting to a Swiss dealer… | 纳粹把划 卖给瑞士经纪人 |
[29:56] | …after your grandfather perished at Auschwitz. | 那时你外公 被送到奥辛威兹集中营 |
[29:58] | It made its way to the Musée d’Orsay, then to the National Gallery… | 后来它进了奥德赛博物馆 再被送到国立艺廊 |
[30:02] | …where the president spotted it. We’ve contacted the French… | 在那里总统发现了它 我们跟法国政府联络 |
[30:05] | Who promptly surrendered. | 他们主动将它送给我们 |
[30:06] | Who wanted to settle this matter amicably. | 他们主动将它送给我们 他们希望友好地解决此事 |
[30:09] | We’d like you to have our sincere apology… | 我们希望你能接受 我们诚挚的歉意 |
[30:12] | …as well, of course, as the painting back. | 当然我们会归还这幅划 |
[30:15] | – Thank you. – Well, you’ve made an old woman… | -谢谢你 -你让一个老太婆 |
[30:18] | …and her son very happy. | 跟她的儿子非常高兴 |
[30:20] | David, do you happen to know what your grandfather paid for it originally? | 大卫,你知道你外公 用了多少钱买它回来吗? |
[30:24] | It would have been about the equivalent of $300 US. | 它相当于 现在的三百块美金 |
[30:27] | Yes, that’s about right. Would you explain to your mother… | 没错,请你跟你母亲解释 |
[30:30] | …that I had the painting appraised and it’s worth about 400,000 now? | 我帮这幅划估过价 现在它价值四十万 |
[30:35] | You should also tell her that if she likes… | 你也该告诉她 如果她要的话 |
[30:37] | …we’d be honored to continue hanging the painting… | 我们会继续 挂上这幅划 |
[30:40] | …and the longer we do, the higher it’ll appreciate. | 我们挂得越久 它的价值会越高 |
[30:47] | No. | 不 |
[30:50] | Officers McDaniel and Smith from the Park Police are gonna escort you home. | 帕克警局的麦丹尼跟史密斯警官 会送你们回家 |
[30:55] | – Thank you very much. – Thank you. | -谢谢你 -谢谢 |
[31:11] | See, you try very hard to be mean, but then you see that being nice is better. | 你试着表现得很讨厌 但你发现做好人比较好 |
[31:17] | – You’re a freakishly tall woman. – So that moment’s over? | -你是个怪胎高个子女人 -美好时光结束了? |
[31:20] | – Yes. – Oh, Josh. | -对 -乔西 |
[31:22] | Sam said the Didion meeting went well. | 山姆说他们跟迪迪恩谈得很顺利 |
[31:25] | Yeah, we’ll support a LIHEAP subsidy for air conditioning in the Texas 23rd. | 对,我们会补助低收入家庭能源补助 计划经费,为德州第二十三区提供空调 |
[31:30] | – Guess it’s Christmas. – Yeah. | -我猜那是耶诞节精神 -对 |
[31:32] | – We’re starting in five minutes. – Yeah. | -五分钟后开始 -好的 |
[31:36] | – What was the diagnosis? – I’m sorry? | -诊断结果如何? -你说什么? |
[31:39] | You said you diagnosed me after five minutes. What was the diagnosis? | 你说你五分钟内就能帮我做诊断 我有什么毛病? |
[31:43] | You have post-traumatic stress disorder. | 你得了创伤后压力症候群 |
[31:49] | Well, that doesn’t really sound like something they let you have… | 听起来得了那种病的人 他们不会 |
[31:52] | …if you work for the president. | 让你为总统工作 |
[31:58] | So can we have it be something else? | 你能帮我找出别的病名吗? |
[32:03] | Seriously, I think you might be wrong about that. | 说真的,我认为你错了 |
[32:06] | – I’m not trying to be difficult. – I don’t think you are. | -我不想太难缠 -我不认为你是那样的人 |
[32:09] | – I know I’m giving you cocky answers… – Listen. | -我知道我给了你很傲慢的答案 -听着 |
[32:12] | You want me to talk about my feelings… | 你要我谈谈我的感觉 |
[32:14] | No, I don’t, Josh. The last thing I want you to do is talk about your feelings. | 我没有,乔西 我根本不要你谈你的感觉 |
[32:20] | I think if you heard a tape recording of this day… | 我想如果 你听到今天的录音带 |
[32:23] | …you wouldn’t hear the word feelings. | 你不会听到我那么说 |
[32:26] | What we need to get you to do is be able to remember the shooting… | 我们希望你 能记住枪击案的事 |
[32:31] | …without reliving it. And you have been reliving it. | 而不是重覆当时的划面 你一直在重覆当时的事 |
[32:36] | We have polling that indicates if Johann Sebastian Bach were alive today… | 我们的调查显示 如果巴哈今天还活着 |
[32:41] | …he would’ve voted for me. | 他会投我一票 |
[32:43] | Right? It happened during the Christmas party. | 对吧? 它发生在耶诞派对上 |
[32:48] | I’m not trying to give you cocky answers… | 我不想给你傲慢的答案 |
[32:50] | I am the guy you tell, Josh. It happened at the Christmas party. | 你可以跟我说,乔西 它发生在耶诞派对上 |
[32:57] | …the Bach Suite in G major, please join me in welcoming Yo-Yo Ma. | 巴哈的G大调组曲 请跟我一起欢迎马友友 |
[33:05] | – Josh. – I was fine. | -乔西 -我没事 |
[33:09] | – Josh. – It was…. | -乔西 -那是 |
[33:13] | The Bach G major. | 是巴哈的G大调组曲 |
[33:20] | That’s a nice piece. | 那是首很美的曲子 |
[33:23] | It is. | 没错 |
[33:26] | – Did he play it well? – It’s Yo- Yo Ma. | -他演奏的很好吗? -他是马友友 |
[33:30] | – I’ve never heard him in person. – Well, it’s really…. | -我没有听过他演奏 -他真的 |
[33:35] | He’s really quite something. | 他真的很厉害 |
[34:12] | – How did it start? – I don’t know. | -它怎么开始的? -我不知道 |
[34:15] | – Yes, you do. – I was just sitting there. | -不,你知道 -我只是坐在那里 |
[34:19] | – And then what? – I don’t know. | -然后呢? -我不知道 |
[34:21] | – What are you, in the fourth grade? – I don’t know how it started! | -你是四年级生吗? -我不知道它是怎么开始的 |
[34:24] | You tasted something bitter in your mouth. | 你嘴巴觉得苦苦的 |
[34:31] | It was the adrenaline. | 那是肾上腺素 |
[34:34] | The bitter taste was the adrenaline. | 苦苦的味道是肾上腺素 |
[34:38] | What happened then? | 那时发生了什么事? |
[34:43] | I couldn’t make it stop. | 我没办法把它停下来 |
[35:04] | – He’s got a single gunshot wound. – BP is 90 palp. | -他中了一枪 -血压是九十 |
[35:25] | I couldn’t make it stop. | 我没办法把它停下来 |
[35:27] | No, you couldn’t, Josh, but you’d been trying for three weeks. | 我没办法把它停下来 没错,你不能,乔西 但你努力了三个星期 |
[35:30] | And that’s why you were feeling sick inside. | 所以你才会很痛苦 |
[35:33] | And what happened when you went home that night? | 那晚你回家后 发生了什么事? |
[35:36] | Mr. Lyman, are you in there? | 赖曼先生,你在吗? |
[35:38] | You had an at the party… | 你在派对上失态 |
[35:40] | …that afternoon you had blown up in the Oval Office… | 那天下午 你在椭圆形办公室发火 |
[35:43] | …what happened when you went home that night? | 那晚你回家后 发生了什么事? |
[35:47] | – Honestly, nothing. – Okay. | -真的没事 -好吧 |
[35:50] | – I sat down on the couch. – Can you honestly tell me that when… | -我坐在沙发上 -你能老实地告诉我 |
[35:53] | – … that pilot committed suicide…. – I pushed a magazine aside to… | -当那个飞行员自杀时 -我把杂志推到一边 |
[35:57] | Can you honestly tell me that you didn’t wonder if you were suicidal too? | 你能老实地告诉我 你没想过要自杀吗? |
[36:03] | – I didn’t wonder that. – You’re lying. | -我没有想过 -你说谎 |
[36:06] | Everything that the two of you had in common… | 你们两个的共通点 |
[36:08] | – We had nothing… – You had the same birthday. | -我们没有 -你们同一天生日 |
[36:10] | – Who gives a damn if we did? – But you knew something else. | -就算是那样,但谁在乎呢? -但你知道别的事 |
[36:13] | You knew he had been shot down once, that his plane had caught on fire… | 你知道他的飞机会被击落 他的飞机着火 |
[36:16] | …that he had ejected and that there were some injuries. | 他弹跳逃生,他受了伤 |
[36:19] | Stanley, I made myself a drink. I pushed aside a magazine to use as a coaster… | 史丹利,我帮自己倒了杯酒 我把杂志推开拿来放酒 |
[36:24] | Josh. How did you cut your hand? | 乔西,你的手是怎么割伤的 |
[36:52] | Mr. Lyman, it’s the super. | 赖曼先生,我是管理人 |
[36:56] | Mr. Lyman, are you okay in there? | 赖曼先生,你没事吧? |
[37:04] | Mr. Lyman! | 赖曼先生! |
[37:22] | Okay then. | 好吧 |
[37:25] | – Okay then? – That’s that. | -什么? -就是那样 |
[37:32] | I’m cured? | 我没病了? |
[37:35] | Yeah, Josh, you’re cured. No problem. I’m gonna recommend a therapist… | 对,乔西,你没病了,你没问题 我会推荐一个 |
[37:39] | – … you’ll like. – I like you. | -你会喜欢的心理医生 -我喜欢你 |
[37:41] | – You’re too easy a case for me. – I broke a window. | -对我来说你的病太轻了 -我打破了窗户 |
[37:44] | Yeah, stop doing that. I wanna commend you… | 对,别再那么说 我要建议你 |
[37:46] | …on not hurting anybody else or yourself too badly, but nevertheless… | 别太过伤害别人或自己 但是 |
[37:51] | …stop doing that. | 别再那么做了 |
[37:54] | – And that’ll do the trick? – Yep. | -那样子就行了? -对 |
[38:01] | I’m getting shortchanged here. | 我被骗了 |
[38:03] | Merry Christmas, Josh. We’re done. I’ll call your office after the holidays… | 耶诞快乐,乔西,我们谈完了 正式上班后我会打电话到你办公室 |
[38:09] | – … and give you a number. – It was nice meeting you. | -给你一个电话号码 -很高兴能认识你 |
[38:11] | Hang on. What happens if tomorrow some pilot with my birthday… | 等一下,如果明天 有个跟我同一天生日的飞行员 |
[38:16] | – … decides to kill himself? – That wasn’t what started it. | -决定要自杀呢? -那不是原因 |
[38:19] | What started it? | 原因是什么? |
[38:20] | You were already cooking for a few hours before the pilot. | 原因是什么? 你在飞行员自杀前 几个小时已发病了 |
[38:23] | – I was? – Usually with a gunshot victim… | -是吗? -一般枪击案的受害者 |
[38:27] | …it’s a car backfiring or a twig snapping, but that’s not what it was with you. | 听到引擎逆火或树枝折断都会害怕 但对你来说不是那样的 |
[38:32] | What was it? | 那是什么? |
[38:35] | – Kaytha? – The music. | -凯莎? -是音乐 |
[38:38] | – The brass quintet. – Why would the music have started it? | -铜管五重奏 -为什么是音乐? |
[38:42] | I know it’s gonna sound like I’m telling you that two plus two equals… | 我知道这听起来 像是我在告诉你二加二等于 |
[38:46] | …a bushel of potatoes, but at this moment, in your head… | 一堆马铃薯 但这个时候你的脑海里 |
[38:50] | – … music is the same thing as… – As sirens. | -音乐就跟 -警铃一样 |
[38:54] | Yeah. | 对 |
[38:59] | So that’s gonna be my reaction every time I hear music? | 我每次听到音乐 都会有那种反应吗? |
[39:03] | – No. – Why not? | -不 -为什么? |
[39:06] | Because we get better. | 因为我们会好起来 |
[39:15] | – All the same, I need some more therapy. – You’re gonna get some. | -我还是需要一些治疗 -你会得到治疗的 |
[39:18] | – I mean now. – Merry Christmas, Josh. | -我是说现在 -耶诞快乐,乔西 |
[39:21] | – We can order pizza. – Have a good night. | -我们可以订披萨 -祝你有个美好的夜晚 |
[39:24] | Stanley, I haven’t told you my dreams yet. | 史丹利,我没有告诉你 我做的梦 |
[39:27] | Fax them over to me. | 把它们传真给我 |
[39:30] | Merry Christmas. | 耶诞快乐 |
[39:54] | How’d it go? | 情况如何? |
[39:59] | – Did you wait around for me? – How’d it go? | -你在等我吗? -情况如何? |
[40:02] | – He thinks I may have an eating disorder. – Josh. | -他认为我有饮食疾病 -乔西 |
[40:06] | And a fear of rectangles. That’s not weird, is it? | 我害怕长方形 那不奇怪吧? |
[40:13] | I didn’t cut my hand on a glass. | 我的手不是因为拿杯子割伤的 |
[40:17] | I broke a window in my apartment. | 我打破了家里的窗户 |
[40:22] | This guy’s walking down the street when he falls in a hole. | 这家伙在街上走时 掉进洞里 |
[40:25] | The walls are so steep he can’t get out. | 洞太陡了,他爬不出来 |
[40:28] | A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up: “Hey, you! Can you help me out? “ | 一个医生经过,这家伙大叫着 “嘿,你能把我拉出去吗?” |
[40:32] | The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on. | 医生写了处方笺 把它丢进洞里继续往前走 |
[40:36] | Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up: | 然后来了一位神父 那个人大叫着 |
[40:38] | ” Father, I’m down in this hole. Can you help me out? “ | “神父,我掉进洞里 你能把我拉出去吗?” |
[40:41] | The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. | 神父写下祈祷词 把它丢进洞里继续往前走 |
[40:45] | Then a friend walks by: ” Hey, Joe, it’s me. Can you help me out? “ | 一个朋友走过来 “乔,是我,你能把我拉出去吗?” |
[40:49] | And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, “Are you stupid? | 朋友跳进洞里 那个人说: “你是笨蛋吗? |
[40:53] | Now we’re both down here. ” The friend says: | 现在我们两个都在洞里” 朋友说: |
[40:56] | “Yeah, but I’ve been down here before and I know the way out. “ | “对,但我也掉过进洞里 我知道该怎么脱身” |
[41:03] | Long as I got a job, you got a job, you understand? | 我有工作,你就有工作 你了解吗? |
[41:12] | You wrapped that yourself, right? | 那是你自己缠的,对吧? |
[41:16] | The bandage? Yeah. | 绷带吗?对 |
[41:17] | Donna’s gonna take you to the emergency room. | 唐娜会送你去急诊室 |
[41:20] | – She knows? – She was the one who guessed. | -她知道? -就是她猜到的 |
[41:24] | – I don’t need the emergency room. – It could be infected… | -我不需要去急诊室 -伤口可能会感染 |
[41:26] | – … you could have a thing. – What thing? | -你可能会出事的 -出什么事? |
[41:28] | – How the hell do I know? – Leo… | -我怎么知道? -里奥 |
[41:31] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[41:41] | – See you later. – Okay. | -待会见 -好的 |
[42:14] | – I don’t need a doctor. – Are you a doctor? | -我不需要医生 -你是医生吗? |
[42:18] | – No. – Then be quiet. | -不是 -那么就闭嘴 |
[42:55] | – Josh? – Yeah. | -乔西? -什么事? |
[42:59] | – Let’s go. – Okay. | -我们走吧 -好吧 |