时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | – A woman named Ainsley Hayes. – Aimsley? | -一个叫艾金丝莉海耶斯的女人 -艾姆丝莉? |
[00:10] | – Hire her. – Welcome to the White House. | -雇用她 -欢迎光临白宫 |
[00:12] | – Your poll says that? – I said that. | -你的民调那么说? -我那么说 |
[00:14] | – ” Vox populi, vox Dei. ” – “The voice of the people… | -“人民的声音即上帝的声音” -“人民的声音 |
[00:17] | …is the voice of a dog “? | 是狗的声音”? |
[00:18] | – “The voice of God, ” Joshua. – God. | -是“上帝的声音”才对,乔西 -上帝 |
[00:22] | Yes. | 对 |
[00:23] | – Hello, pumpkin. – Abbey? | -你好,甜心 -艾碧 |
[00:25] | Hello, gumdrop. | 你好,小糖糖 |
[00:29] | Shake my hand. | 跟我握手 |
[00:31] | – We just formed it. – Formed what? | -我们刚刚弄好了 -我们弄好了什么? |
[00:33] | The Committee to Re-elect the President. | 总统竞选连任委员会 巴特勒的第三次 国情谘文 |
[00:39] | We are minutes away from the president’s entrance… | 再过几分钟 总统就要 |
[00:41] | …onto the floor of the House of Representatives. | 步入 众议院会场 <西厢 晚上八点五十四分> |
[00:45] | It’s his third State of the Union address. We’ll hear the introduction… | 这是他第三次发表国情谘文 我们会听到 |
[00:48] | …from the doorkeeper of the House, Edgar Finney. | 众议院的门房 艾德嘉芬尼的介绍 |
[00:52] | Some people don’t know that in order for the president to address Congress… | 有些人不知道 总统想到国会发表演说 |
[00:56] | …he must receive permission from the Speaker. | 得获得 议长的同意 |
[00:58] | I’m still here. All right. | 我还在,好 |
[01:01] | Is that a yes? Is it a yes? | 你答应了吗? |
[01:04] | – Sam? – Give me half a minute. | -山姆 -等我一下 |
[01:06] | Ed. Delete “vigorously” from the first sentence. | 艾德,把“积极进取” 从第一句删掉 |
[01:09] | – Which paragraph? – Three, section seven. | -那一段? -第三段第七部分 |
[01:11] | We’re not gonna vigorously pursue campaign finance reform? | 我们不会积极进取努力追求 经济改革? |
[01:14] | – We’re just gonna pursue it. – Not vigorously? | -我们只会追求它 -不积极进取 |
[01:16] | Not tonight. McGowan feels “vigorous” is inflammatory. | 今晚不会,麦葛文觉得“积极进取” 有煽动性 |
[01:19] | – Change “chokehold ” to “tight grip. ” – Is that it? | -将“掐紧”改成“紧握” -是那样吗? |
[01:21] | – No, Sam’s still on. – We got four minutes. | -不,山姆还在改 -我们还有四分钟 |
[01:24] | – Where are we? – Sam’s still on. | -我们在哪里? -山姆还在改 |
[01:26] | Bob Novak said this was the speech of my political life. | 巴伯诺瓦说 这是我政治生涯中最重要的演说 |
[01:29] | Know how many times I’ve heard that? | 这句话我听过几次了? |
[01:31] | – We’re fine if we cut “vigorously. ” – Do it. | -删掉“积极进取”就可以了 -去吧 |
[01:33] | – How you feeling? – Good. | -你觉得如何? -很好 |
[01:35] | – Abbey’s already in her seat? – Yes, sir. | -艾碧已经就位了吗? -是的,先生 |
[01:38] | – My wife’s in her seat? – Yes, sir. | -我太太就位了吗? -是的,先生 |
[01:40] | – We got four minutes. – Get him in the car. Let’s go. | -我们还有四分钟 -请他上车,我们走吧 |
[01:44] | I’m gonna tell him it’s a yes. Thank you. | 我会告诉他我同意 谢谢 |
[01:47] | – What’d they say? – We put our weight behind S. B. 380. | -他们怎么说? -我们全力支持SB380 |
[01:50] | – Highway Improvement Bill. – And? | -高速公路改善法案 -所以呢? |
[01:52] | – Set aside park land. – What else? | -放弃公园地 -还有呢? |
[01:54] | – That’s it. – I wanna be clear. The understanding: | -就那样 -我想说清楚,据我的了解 |
[01:56] | We build a highway, name a park after him, get his support for the Blue Ribbon? | 我们盖一条高速公路,以他的名字 盖一座公园,他就会支持蓝缎带? |
[02:00] | – Mr. President? – Do it. | -总统先生 -就那么办吧? |
[02:02] | Ginger? Tell C.J. it’s a green light on the Blue Ribbon. She’ll know. | 金洁?告诉茜洁,蓝缎带绿灯 她会了解的 |
[02:06] | – Yes, sir. – We’ll write it in the car. | -是的,长官 -我们在车上写稿 |
[02:09] | Sir? | 长官 |
[02:10] | – It’s a good thing. – The Blue Ribbon? | -那是件好事 -蓝缎带? |
[02:18] | Excuse me. What are you doing? | 对不起,你在做什么? <国策顾问团 晚上八点五十七分> |
[02:21] | Putting gum in your mouth? | 你把口香糖放进嘴里? |
[02:23] | It’s a good idea to chew gum… | 吃口香糖是个好点子 |
[02:24] | …when you’re taking a poll for the president. | 当你在为总统 做民调时 |
[02:27] | That’s a sound people like to hear. | 那是人民喜欢听到的声音 |
[02:29] | The polling hasn’t started yet. | 民调还没有开始 |
[02:31] | – Well, thank you, Mr. Helper. – Josh. | -谢谢你,好帮手先生 -乔西 |
[02:34] | – These people have done this before. – They’re not our people. | -这些人是老手 -他们不是我们的人 |
[02:37] | – They’re Joey Lucas’ people. – None have accents? | -他们是乔伊路卡斯的人 -他们没有口音? |
[02:40] | – They’re out of the Midwest. – I’m saying Joey Lucas is deaf… | -他们来自中西部 -我说乔伊路卡斯是聋子 |
[02:43] | – Josh. – Do any of you people have accents? | -乔西 -你们的人有口音吗? |
[02:45] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[02:48] | Do any of you people have the power of speech? | 你们的人 会说话吗? |
[02:51] | – They’re fine. – I should be there right now. | -他们很好 -我应该要在那里才对 |
[02:53] | He’s fine. | 他很好 |
[02:57] | Therefore, I am asking the leaders of Congress and members of both parties… | 因此我要求国会领袖 跟两党党员 |
[03:02] | …to join me in establishing a Blue Ribbon National Commission to fashion… | 跟我一起成立蓝缎带 国政委员会来制定 |
[03:07] | I want it for him when he walks in the door. | 他一进来 就叫他来见我 |
[03:09] | Gail Schumer, can we expect the White House will be doing its own polling? | 盖尔舒莫,白宫真的会 做自己的民调吗? |
[03:13] | Better believe it. This may be the speech of the president’s political life. | 你最好相信,这或许是 总统政治生涯中最重要的演说 |
[03:17] | Excuse me. I’ve got a heads up. There’ll be a last-minute addition. | 对不起,我刚刚得到最新消息 我们要在最后一分钟做更正 <媒体简报室> <晚上八点五十九分> |
[03:22] | The president will announce a Blue Ribbon Commission… | 总统会宣布成立 蓝缎带委员会 |
[03:24] | …to study the long-term future of entitlement programs. | 研究津贴计划的 长久未来 |
[03:27] | – There’ll be more details in the address. – Why last-minute? | -演说中会透露更多的细节 -为什么要在最后一分钟? |
[03:30] | You know, when I say “last-minute” I’m wrong. We’re just under three minutes. | 我说“最后一分钟”是不对的 我们还有三分钟 |
[03:34] | – C.J., why last-minute? – He’s been going back and forth on it. | -茜洁,为什么要等到最后一分钟? -他一直在考虑 |
[03:37] | He wanted support with Democratic leadership. | 他想获得 民主党领袖的支持 |
[03:40] | – And he does? – Yes. | -结果呢? -他办到了 |
[03:41] | I remind you Capital Beat is broadcasting from the west wing… | 我要提醒大家国会节奏 在西厢为大家做实况转播 |
[03:44] | …for the hours following the address. So that area is off-limits for carousing. | 总统的国情谘文演说 所以这个地方很混乱 |
[03:49] | Capital Beat’s doing post-game live from the White House? | 国会节奏节目会从白宫 做后续实况报导吗? |
[03:52] | – Yes. – So why do they get special treatment? | -对 -为什么他们可以获得特别待遇? |
[03:54] | Because they’re special. Enjoy the show, everybody. | 因为他们很特别 大家好好享受吧 <国会> <晚上九点> |
[04:01] | “To build this future will demand setting aside our partisan blinders… | “为了建立这样的未来 我们得抛弃政党成见 |
[04:05] | …and abandoning our ideological…. “ | 放弃我们意识型态的” |
[04:07] | What? | 什么? |
[04:09] | ” Entrenchment. “ | “保护主义” |
[04:13] | “To build this future will demand setting aside our partisan blinders… | “为了建立这样的未来 我们得抛弃政党成见 |
[04:16] | …and abandoning our ideological entrenchment. “ | 放弃我们意识型态的 保护主义” |
[04:21] | – That’s it. – Okay. | -就是那样 -好吧 |
[04:23] | – This is it. – Yeah. | -就这样 -对 |
[04:27] | Phone it to the prompter. | 输入读稿机吧 |
[04:35] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[04:49] | – Mr. President. – Thanks. | -总统先生 -谢谢 |
[05:13] | Sir. | 长官 |
[05:19] | – Amen. | – Amen. -阿门 -阿门 |
[05:22] | Mr. Finney, would you tell the Speaker I’d like to see him, please? | 芬尼先生,请你告诉议长 我想见他 |
[05:30] | Mr. Speaker! The president of the United States! | 议长先生 美国总统来了 罗伯洛 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 珍妮尔摩隆奈 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 |
[06:24] | An America that’s continued to rise… | 美国不断地兴起 |
[06:26] | …through every age, against every challenge… | 走过每个时代 面对所有挑战 |
[06:29] | …a people of great works and greater possibilities who have always… | 这些努力工作的人 总是有更大的机会 |
[06:34] | …always found the wisdom and strength to come together as one nation… | 总是能发现智慧跟力量 全国携手同心 |
[06:39] | …to widen the circle of opportunity, to deepen the meaning of our freedom… | 开启机会的大门 深刻诠释我们的自由意义 |
[06:43] | …to form a more perfect union. Our best days lie ahead. | 形成一个更完美的同盟 美好的未来就在前方 |
[06:48] | God bless you. And God bless the United States of America. | 上帝保佑大家 上帝保佑美国 |
[06:57] | – He did good. – He can bring it up there. | -他表现的很好 -他这是高水准的演讲 |
[07:00] | Up there is where this president eats. That is his place of business. | 那是总统混饭吃的地方 那是他的地盘 |
[07:04] | Yes, he did well. | 对,他表现的很好 |
[07:05] | – Let’s find out how well. – This is exciting. | -我们来看看他表现的有多好吧 -这太刺激了 |
[07:08] | – Yes. So, what do I do? – What do you mean? | -好吧,我该怎么做? -你是什么意思? |
[07:10] | – What do I tell them? – To start. | -我跟该他们说什么? -叫他们开始 |
[07:12] | Didn’t you talk to Joey? What’d she say? | 你跟乔伊谈过了吗? 她怎么说? |
[07:14] | – Her plane was late. – What’d she say to tell callers? | -她的飞机迟了 -她说要怎么告诉做民调的人? |
[07:16] | – She didn’t say anything. – Donna! | -她什么都没说 -唐娜 |
[07:18] | – Tell them to start. – Do they receive instructions based on…? | -叫他们开始 -他们知不知道 |
[07:21] | What? | 什么 |
[07:23] | Time zones? I don’t know. I’m not a pollster. I thought Joey called. | 时区?我不知道,我不是 民调公司,我还以为乔伊会打电话来 |
[07:28] | – She was late. – When’s she gonna be here? | -她迟到了 -她什么时候会到? |
[07:30] | Joshua Lyman, you have the cutest little butt in professional politics. | 乔西赖曼 你的屁股是政坛最漂亮的 |
[07:35] | Really, that better have been her talking. | 由她的口中说出来会比较好 |
[07:38] | – I’m here. – Where the hell you been? | -我来了 -你到底跑到哪里去了? |
[07:40] | – Plane had mechanical difficulties. – There was nothing you could do? | -飞机出现机械问题 -你没有办法吗? |
[07:44] | No. As a child, I never paid attention during airplane mechanics class. | 制片:劳伦斯欧唐尼尔二世 没错,小时候上飞机机械课时 我一直都很不专心 |
[07:49] | Is this the Noel Cowardesque wit I can expect all night? | 那就是我一整晚都在期待的 诺尔克华德斯克机智? |
[07:52] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:53] | Start the phone banks. They need instructions. | 开始打电话吧 他们需要指导 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[07:59] | – Is anyone chewing gum? – No! | -有人在吃口香糖吗? -没有 |
[08:03] | Okay, start. | 好吧,开始 制片:李维林斯威尔斯 |
[08:08] | I had taken care of the gum thing. | 口香糖的事我已经处理好了 |
[08:10] | In five, four, three. | 制片:尼尔海恩,麦可希斯瑞区 五,四,三 |
[08:14] | Live from the White House, it’s Capital Beat with Mark Gottfried. | 来自白宫的实况转播 国会节奏,我是马克葛特佛瑞 |
[08:17] | Tonight on Capital Beat, a special expanded edition: | 编剧:艾伦索金 今晚的国会节奏 要播出特别加长版 |
[08:20] | The State of the Union. | 国情谘文 |
[08:22] | Good evening. I’m Mark Gottfried… | 晚安,我是马克葛特佛瑞 |
[08:24] | …and tonight our show is live from the White House. | 今晚我们在白宫 做实况转播 |
[08:27] | We’ll be joined all night by Republicans and Democrats… | 导演:克利斯多福弥西亚诺 整晚共和党跟民主党 将会加入我们 |
[08:29] | …lawmakers and pundits, and we’ll talk to focus groups around the country. | 还有立法者跟学者 我们要跟全国各地的人谈一谈 |
[08:34] | On the panel with me now is Deputy House Majority Whip Henry Shallick. | 在现场坐在我身边的是 众议院多数党副党鞭亨利夏立克 |
[08:38] | And the very lovely, very talented Miss Claudia Jean Cregg… | 还有美丽聪明的 克劳蒂亚珍葛瑞小姐 |
[08:42] | …White House press secretary. C.J. | 白宫新闻秘书茜洁 |
[08:44] | On a scale of one to 10, how did he do? | 从一到十来评分,他可以得几分? |
[08:47] | Fourteen. You know, Mark, the president is a commanding public speaker… | 十四分,你知道的,马克 总统是杰出的演说家 |
[08:50] | …and the bar is set higher when he makes a major address… | 当他发表重大演说时 门槛会设得更高 |
[08:53] | …but tonight he cleared it with room to spare. | 但今晚他证明了这一点 而且还游刃有余 |
[08:56] | My unofficial tally has him interrupted for applause 73 times. | 根据我非正式的统计 他被掌声打断了七十三次 |
[08:59] | I have 72 times, but I’ll take your count. | 我的计算是七十二次,但我就相信你 |
[09:02] | Henry Shallick, how did the president do tonight? | 亨利夏立克 今晚总统表现得如何? |
[09:05] | Well, C.J. is right. The president is a gifted public speaker. | 茜杰说的对 总统是天生的演说家 |
[09:08] | We’ve always known that, and it’s an admirable talent, not unlike juggling. | 我们一直都知道这一点 这是件好事,就跟会变把戏一样 |
[09:12] | If only he said something. By my count, 23 of the interruptions for applause… | 可惜他言之无物,根据我的计算 他被掌声打断的其中二十三次都是 |
[09:16] | …were for co-opted Republican ideas. | 因为他附和了共和党的想法 |
[09:19] | Let’s break. We’re getting started with our post-game analysis… | 我们休息一下 我们要开始做后续分析 |
[09:22] | …of the president’s third State of the Union address. | 来探讨总统 第三次的国情谘文 |
[09:25] | We’ve got guests around the country. We’ll be back with more Capital Beat… | 我们邀请全国各地的来宾 请继续收看国会节奏 |
[09:28] | – … right after this. – We’re out. | -别转台 -可以了 |
[09:30] | – C.J. ‘s not wearing pants. – Yes. | -茜洁没有穿裤子 -对 |
[09:33] | – No pants whatsoever. – It’s cable. Carol? | -她真的没穿裤子 -这是有线电视,卡萝 |
[09:36] | – Ninety seconds back. – Could I see you a moment? | -九十秒后回来 -我能跟你谈谈吗? |
[09:39] | – Could I see you over there? – How about here? I’m not wearing pants. | -我们能到那里谈吗? -这里可以吗?我没有穿裤子 |
[09:43] | – Can we do it here? – As long as there aren’t microphones. | -我们能在这里谈吗? -只要没有麦克风就行了 |
[09:46] | Carol? | 卡萝 |
[09:50] | – Thank you. – You look like a Rockette. | -谢谢 -你看起来很像洛克奇特 |
[09:52] | – Yeah. – You know why I’m not wearing pants? | -对 -你知道我为什么没穿裤子吗? |
[09:55] | – I assumed it was the usual reason. – I sat in paint. | -我猜原因应该非比寻常 -我坐到油漆了 |
[09:58] | I went to the sculpture garden to get some air. | 我到雕塑公园 呼吸新鲜空气 |
[10:01] | – I sat on a bench. – Didn’t say “wet paint”? | -我坐在长椅上 -上面没写”油漆未干”吗? |
[10:03] | – It did, it turns out. – Clothes are coming. | -它写了,但牌子被翻了过来 -他们要送衣服过来了 |
[10:05] | – Where’d you get the bathrobe? – Gym. | -你去哪里找到那件浴袍的? -健身房 |
[10:07] | – Bathrobes? – Women’s locker room. | -有浴袍? -女子更衣室里有 |
[10:09] | Not the men’s. That’s outrageous. A thousand men work here and 50 women. | 男子更衣室里没有,太过份了 这里有一千名男性员工 跟五十名女性员工 |
[10:13] | And it’s the bathrobes that’s outrageous. | 浴袍的事太过份了 |
[10:15] | – What’s going on? – Jack Sloan has an official reprimand. | 还剩三十秒 -发生了什么事? -杰克索伦有一次正式的惩戒前科 |
[10:18] | – For what? – Excessive force. | -为什么? -过度使用武力 |
[10:22] | – How long ago? – Seventeen years ago. | -多久以前? -十七年前 |
[10:25] | A criminal charge was dismissed. There was a civil suit, it was dismissed. | 刑事诉讼被撤销 民事诉讼也被撤销 |
[10:29] | There is enormous pressure from local black Democrats. | 当地黑人民主党员 施加很大的压力 |
[10:32] | – Our people? – 17 years ago. | -我们的人吗? -十七年前 |
[10:33] | So they gave him an official condemnation. | -他们正式谴责他 -十五秒 |
[10:35] | – Anybody have the story? – They will. | -有人知道吗? -他们会知道的 |
[10:37] | – 10 seconds. – I need to see the police officer. | -十秒 -我得跟警官见个面 |
[10:40] | – What was his name? – Sloan. | -他叫什么名字? -索伦 |
[10:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:44] | Take the desk away, I pick up 3 share points. | 把桌子拿走 我收视率提高三点 |
[10:46] | In five, four, three. | 五,四,三 |
[10:51] | We’re back with our panel: Deputy House Majority Whip Henry Shallick… | 欢迎继续收看我们的节目 众议院多数党副党鞭亨利夏立克 |
[10:55] | …and White House Press Secretary C.J. Cregg. | 跟白宫新闻秘书 茜洁葛瑞 |
[10:58] | – Welcome back. – How did it look on TV? | -欢迎继续收看 -电视上看起来如何? |
[10:59] | It looked good. | 看起来不错 |
[11:01] | Charlie, is it possible that C.J. isn’t wearing any pants right now? | 查理 茜洁真的没有穿裤子? |
[11:04] | Yeah. She sat in wet paint. | 对,她坐到油漆了 |
[11:07] | And she’s not wearing any pants? | 她没有穿裤子? |
[11:09] | Well, she’s wearing underwear, Mrs. Landingham. She hasn’t gone smokeless. | 她穿着内裤,兰汀汉太太 她没有裸着身体 |
[11:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:15] | I didn’t understand this note. | 我看不懂这张字条 |
[11:17] | The president balanced his checkbook. He found an outstanding check… | 总统在看他的帐簿 他发现有一张 |
[11:21] | …for $500 that was never cashed. The check was written by the first lady… | 面额五百块的支票没有兑现 支票是第一夫人开的 |
[11:25] | …to a woman the president never heard of. He’d like you to ask her about it. | 抬头是个总统不认识的女人 他希望你去问问她 |
[11:28] | The president balanced his checkbook? | 总统会看帐簿? |
[11:30] | – Why? – He does it to relax. | -为什么? -他那么做是为了放轻松 |
[11:33] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好吧 -对 |
[11:34] | Why doesn’t he just ask the first lady about the $500 check himself… | 他为什么不亲自 问第一夫人五百块支票的事 |
[11:38] | …in the normal course of, you know, being married to her? | 跟正常的夫妻一样? |
[11:41] | When the president inquires into the first lady’s bookkeeping… | 总统问 第一夫人关于帐簿的事时 |
[11:44] | …she gets angry with him and yells. | 她都会气得跟他大叫 |
[11:46] | She’s gonna get angry and yell when I inquire. | 我去问她 她也会气得大叫 |
[11:49] | – The president doesn’t care about that. – Yeah. Okay. This is a good job. | -总统不在乎 -好吧,这是份好工作 |
[11:54] | – I saw you on TV. – Cool. | -我在电视上看到你 -酷啊 |
[12:00] | To build this future will demand setting aside our partisan blinders… | “为了建立这样的未来 我们得抛弃政党成见 |
[12:05] | …and abandoning our ideological entrenchment. | 放弃我们意识型态的 保护主义 |
[12:08] | Therefore, I am asking the leaders of Congress and members of both parties… | 因此我要求国会领袖 跟两党党员 |
[12:13] | …to join me in establishing a Blue Ribbon National Commission to fashion… | 跟我一起成立蓝缎带 国政委员会来制定 |
[12:25] | …boldly setting aside our partisan blinders… | 我们得抛弃 政党成见 |
[12:29] | …and abandoning our ideological entrenchment. Therefore… | 放弃我们意识型态的 保护主义,因此 |
[12:32] | – Come in. – … I am asking the leaders of Congress… | -请进 -我要求国会领袖 |
[12:35] | …and members of both parties to join me in establishing a Blue Ribbon… | 跟两党党员 跟我一起成立蓝缎带 |
[12:40] | – … national commission to fashion… – Mrs. Bartlet? | -国政委员会来制定 -巴特勒太太 |
[12:43] | – Hey, Charlie. – Am I disturbing you? | -嘿,查理 -我打扰了你吗? |
[12:45] | – I just came up to change my clothes. – Did you sit in paint? | -我刚刚上来换衣服 -你坐到油漆了吗? |
[12:48] | – I’m sorry? – C.J. sat on wet paint. | -你说什么? -茜洁坐到油漆了 |
[12:51] | In the sculpture garden? | 在雕塑公园吗? |
[12:52] | No. I’m not supposed to go to the reception… | 不,我不该 穿发表演说时的 |
[12:54] | …in the same clothes in which I went to the speech. | 同一件衣服 去参加接待会 |
[12:57] | I could tell people I have two outfits exactly alike. | 我可以告诉大家 我买了两件一样的衣服 |
[13:00] | – That’s what I’d do. – What do you need? | -那就是我要做的事 -你有什么事吗? |
[13:02] | Bear in mind that I’m not wearing pads, a helmet or contact gear of any kind. | 请记住我没有戴护腕 头盔或任何防护措施 |
[13:07] | A $500 check that hasn’t been cashed. It’s written to a woman… | 有张五百块的支票没有兑现 抬头是一个女人 |
[13:10] | – Oh, how long has that been up his ass? – Well, I wouldn’t know, ma’am, but… | -他想问我有多久了? -我不知道,夫人,但是 |
[13:14] | Her name is Jane Robinson. I read an article a few months ago. | 她叫珍罗宾森 几个月前我看到一篇报导 |
[13:18] | – Her husband threw her out? – He set fire to the bed. | -她丈夫将她踢出家门? -他在床上放火 |
[13:20] | – Christmas presents were ruined. – I sent her $500. | -耶诞节礼物被毁了 -我捐五百块给她 |
[13:23] | She hasn’t cashed it. I’ll make sure she got it. | 她没有兑现 我会去确定她收到了支票 |
[13:25] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你,夫人 |
[13:33] | …in establishing a Blue Ribbon National Commission…. | 成立蓝缎带 国政委员会来制定 |
[13:42] | Hey, it’s Sam Seaborn, everybody. | 嘿,是山姆希朋,大伙们 |
[13:48] | See? You guys said I couldn’t write comedy. | 看吧?你们还说 我不会写喜剧 |
[13:57] | You talked to C.J.? | 你跟茜洁谈过了? |
[13:59] | The dial groups are huge. Middle-class tax cuts, Social Security… | 受访人数很多 中产阶级减税,社会保险 |
[14:04] | – What about polling? – Josh and Joey will have numbers. | -民调结果如何? -乔西跟乔伊会统计出数字 |
[14:06] | My point is, this police officer? | 我的重点是这位警官怎么了? |
[14:09] | The president asked him to stand. | 总统邀请他出席 |
[14:11] | – Leo. – Let C.J. talk to him. | -里奥 -让茜洁跟他谈一谈 |
[14:13] | Is he here? | 他来了吗? |
[14:14] | No pictures anywhere near the president. | 他没有在总统附近 |
[14:17] | They need you in the Situation Room. | 他们要你到战情室 |
[14:26] | – What’s going on? – Leo, we believe five U.S. DEA agents… | -发生了什么事? -里奥,我们相信五位美国缉毒局探员 |
[14:30] | – … have been abducted in Colombia. – Where? | -在哥伦比亚遭到绑架 -在哪里? |
[14:33] | On a road between Bogotá and a training base in Putumayo. | 在波哥大 跟普杜马优训练基地的路上 |
[14:36] | – Was it the CRF? – We don’t know. | -是哥伦比亚游击队干的吗? -我们不知道 |
[14:38] | Do we think it was the CRF? | 我们觉得是哥伦比亚游击队 干的吗? |
[14:41] | Can agents be identified as U S. DEA? | 看得出来 他们是美国缉毒局的探员吗? |
[14:44] | – They’re carrying badges. – On a road from Bogotá to Putumayo? | -他们戴着徽章 -在从波哥大前往普杜马优的路上? |
[14:48] | They’re gonna shoot these guys. | 他们会杀了这些人 |
[14:50] | The White House press corps is upstairs. | 白宫记者团在楼上 |
[14:52] | And there’s a live TV show being broadcast next door. | 隔壁在做 电视实况转播 |
[14:56] | I need to meet with State Justice and the Pentagon, and it needs to happen softly. | 我要跟司法部及五角大厦开会 别张扬出去 |
[15:01] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 |
[15:04] | This was almost a good night. | 这差点就是个美好的夜晚 |
[15:10] | Good evening. My name’s Melissa. I’m from the National Strategies Group… | 晚安,我是梅丽莎 我来自华盛顿的 |
[15:14] | …in Washington D. C. I’m taking a poll for the president of the United States. | 国策顾问团,我正在做 关于总统国情谘文的民调 |
[15:18] | – Are you a voting-age member…? – I’m taking a poll for the president…. | -你到达投票年龄了吗 -我正在做关于总统 |
[15:24] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[15:26] | It’s going well. It’s a 17 percent response rate. | 一切进行得很顺利 回答率有一成七 |
[15:29] | – Great. – Jack Sloan was reprimanded… | -太棒了 -杰克索伦因为过度使用武力 |
[15:31] | …for excessive force by the Detroit Police Department. | 遭到底特律警局 的惩戒 |
[15:34] | – How long ago? – Seventeen years. | -多久以前? -十七年前 |
[15:36] | – What happened? – I don’t know. | -发生了什么事? -我不知道 |
[15:37] | He made a bust. He broke the guy’s leg. | 他在逮捕嫌犯时 打断了一个人的腿 |
[15:39] | DA couldn’t make the case. The civil suit was dismissed, but it’s there. | 检察官无法起诉他 民事案件撤销,但留下了前科 |
[15:43] | – Who’s Jack Sloan? – From tonight. | -谁是杰克索伦? -他是今晚的来宾 |
[15:47] | – The police officer. – I wasn’t there. | -那个警官 -我不在那里 |
[15:49] | I was on a plane with difficulties. | 我的飞机出现机械故障 |
[15:51] | Officer Jack Sloan of the Detroit Police Department… | 底特律警局的 杰克索伦警官 |
[15:54] | …was added at the last minute to the invited guests recognized… | 在最后一分钟被加入 宾客名单中 |
[15:57] | – … by the president during the speech. – He was the cop… | -参观总统发表演说 -他是那个警察 |
[16:00] | At the elementary school? | 在小学意外中? |
[16:02] | – He wasn’t vetted? – It was last-minute. | -他没有接受调查 -那是最后一分钟做出的决定 |
[16:04] | – When do I see numbers? – It’s going good. | -我什么时候能看到结果? -情况很好 |
[16:06] | – When do I see numbers? – There’s a 17 percent response rate. | -我什么时候能看到结果? -回答率有一成七 |
[16:09] | – Fantastic! When do I see numbers? – You need patience. | -太棒了,我什么时候能看到结果? -你得有点耐心 |
[16:12] | I need numbers, Tonto. | 我需要结果,混蛋 |
[16:15] | – The poll’s an hour old. – You get early numbers. | -民调才做了一小时 -你有初期数据 |
[16:18] | – You’ll have them. – In the meantime? | -你会拿到它们的 -所以呢? |
[16:20] | I’m getting a doughnut. | 我要去吃甜甜圈 |
[16:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:28] | We’re plagued by this nonsense, Donna. It’s reaching epidemic proportions. | 我们被这件莫名其妙的事整垮了,唐娜 这是会传染的 |
[16:33] | Those numbers are gonna tell us we had a big night. | 那些数字会告诉我们 今晚我们表现的很好 |
[16:36] | The bounce is gonna be dragged down by a news cycle… | 新闻播出后 高支持率会被拉下来 |
[16:39] | – … that won’t shake the cop story. – You should ask her out. | -媒体不会放过那个警察的故事 -你应该约她出去的 |
[16:43] | – I’m sorry? – Ask Joey out. | -你说什么? -约乔伊出去 |
[16:45] | – Tonight could be the night. – The night to do what? | -今晚是最适当的时机 -今晚我要做什么? |
[16:48] | – To ask her out. – Get a doughnut. | -约她出去 -去吃个甜甜圈吧 |
[16:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:55] | Before we go to commercial, let me ask for predictions. | 进广告之前 我要问问各位的预测 |
[16:58] | How big a bump does the president get off the speech? | 这次演说 会对总统造成多大的影响? |
[17:03] | – Excuse me. Mr. Secretary? – Yes? | -对不起,部长先生 -什么事? |
[17:04] | Sorry to interrupt. Leo McGarry was wondering if you’d come say hello… | 抱歉打扰你了 里奥马加瑞想请你 |
[17:08] | – … to an old friend of his? – Certainly. | -跟他的老朋友打个招呼 -没问题 |
[17:10] | – Would you excuse me? – It’s quite all right. | -恕我告退 -别那么客气 |
[17:12] | – Sit Room. – Thank you. | -战情室 -谢谢你 |
[17:18] | Are we verifying exactly who was at the lab? | 知道 谁在工厂里吗? |
[17:20] | We verified Agents McGrath and Nun, but we still can’t confirm the other three. | 我们确认了麦葛拉斯跟纳德探员 但还不确定其他三个人的身分 |
[17:24] | – I don’t want to misnotify the families. – Leo. | -我不想弄错通知道其他人的家人 -里奥 |
[17:27] | Mickey, 2 p.m. local time in Bogotá… | 米奇,波哥大当地时间下午两点 |
[17:31] | …five DEA agents assisting police in evidence-gathering at a cocaine lab… | 五名缉毒局探员协助警方 到一家可卡因工厂寻找证据 |
[17:35] | …were taken by the CRF. | 他们被哥伦比亚游击队抓走 |
[17:37] | – Are they alive? – We think so. | -他们还活着吗? -我们想应该是的 |
[17:40] | Okay. Putumayo is a Frente stronghold. | 好吧,普杜马优是法兰提组织的大据点 |
[17:43] | The agents were at one of their top-producing cocaine labs. | 探员们在他们 产量最大的可卡因工厂里 |
[17:46] | We open a dialogue through Colombian army commanders. | 我们透过哥伦比亚陆军指挥官 跟他们沟通 |
[17:49] | – Who are they talking to? – I think it’s Nelson Guerra. | -他们在跟谁谈? -我想是尼尔森古拉 |
[17:51] | – He’s a Frente jefe. – Get me everything on him. | -他是法兰提组织的首领 -把他的资料调出来 |
[17:54] | – Yes, sir. – Is anybody close by on the ground? | -遵命 -地面上有人在附近吗? |
[17:56] | – The closest we’ve got is Tres Encinas. – Who’s there? | -最接近的人在崔斯安西纳斯 -谁在那里? |
[18:00] | Six commanders and 13 support. | 六名指挥官跟十三名支援 |
[18:02] | Really? How many people are gonna guard where these guys are taken to? | 真的吗?有多少人 看守这些人被囚禁的地方? |
[18:06] | – Five, 600. – Not the numbers you’re hoping for… | -五到六百人 -无法做到你希望的 |
[18:09] | …for a massive attack and rescue mission. | 大规模攻击 跟救援行动 |
[18:12] | No. | 没办法 |
[18:14] | Tell Special Operations at Ft. Bragg to submit plans for unilateral op. | 告诉布拉格堡的特别行动小组 拟定单独救援行动 |
[18:19] | – They have an hour. – Yes. | -他们有一小时的时间 -对 |
[18:20] | We should let these 19 guys at Tres Encinas know they’re in it now. | 我们应该让崔斯安西纳斯的十九个人 知道他们被包括进来了 |
[18:24] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[18:27] | I challenge all our schools to teach character education. | 我要求所有学校 加强德育 |
[18:30] | To teach values. To teach citizenship. | 教导孩子们价值观跟守法概念 |
[18:33] | If it means our kids’ll pay more attention to mathematics and English literature… | 如果那表示我们的孩子 得多加强数学跟英文 |
[18:37] | …and history and science and the arts and less attention to designer labels… | 历史,自然跟美术 少注意设计师品牌 |
[18:42] | …then public schools should be able to require students to wear school uniforms. | 那么公立学校应该 要求学生穿制服 |
[18:48] | ” School uniforms ” from a liberal Democrat. | “学生制服” 是民主党自由派的要求 |
[18:50] | What was that sound we just heard? | 我们刚刚听到了什么? |
[18:52] | Joining us now on our panel is Associate White House Counsel Ainsley Hayes. | 我们访问的来宾 是白宫顾问助理艾金丝莉海耶斯 |
[18:57] | To my left, Gretchen Tyler, director of public education for the ACLU. | 在我做边是葛莱泰泰勒 美国民权联盟公立教育主任 |
[19:01] | Gretchen, let’s start with you. Were you surprised? | 葛莱泰,我想先请教你 你很讶异吗? |
[19:04] | I was surprised, Mark. I was disappointed. | 我很讶异,马克 我很失望 |
[19:07] | This president has always had strong First Amendment credentials. | 总统一直都非常支持 第一修正案 |
[19:10] | – What’s the position of the ACLU? – The position of the ACLU is that… | -美国民权联盟有什么看法? -美国民权联盟的看法是 |
[19:14] | …every child in the country has a legal right to public school education. | 美国所有的孩子 都有权接受公立学校教育 |
[19:18] | And that right can’t be conditioned upon compliance with a uniform policy. | 那样的权利不该被 制服政策所限制 |
[19:22] | – Ainsley? – I think Gretchen’s point is well taken… | -艾金丝莉? -我想葛莱泰说的对 |
[19:25] | …in that I’m not 100% sure what the president suggested was constitutional. | 也就是说我无法百分之百确定 总统的建议合乎宪法规定 |
[19:30] | What I can tell you is, he’s concerned about the kid who’s left out… | 我可以告诉大家的是 他关心被漠视的孩子们 |
[19:33] | …because he can’t afford the clothes his friends wear. | 只因为他们买不起 朋友们所穿的衣服 |
[19:36] | He’s also taken serious notice of any number of studies… | 他也注意到 许多教育专家 |
[19:39] | …done by education experts that say, by and large… | 所做的研究 显示 |
[19:42] | …kids will do better wearing uniforms. | 孩子们最好穿制服 |
[19:44] | It should be noted that there already are dress restrictions on public school kids. | 我们应该注意到 公立学校的孩子已经受到服装规范 |
[19:49] | They’re not allowed to wear inappropriate clothing… | 他们不能穿 不适宜的衣服 |
[19:51] | …or something obscene on their T-shirt. | 或上衣出现猥亵的图案及文字 |
[19:54] | It should also be noted those restrictions… | 我们也应该注意到 那些规定 |
[19:56] | …were over the strong objection of the ACLU. | 遭到美国民权联盟 强烈反对 |
[19:58] | Ainsley, gage for us how strongly the president feels about this. | 艾金丝莉 请告诉我们总统对此有什么看法 |
[20:02] | He included it in a State of the Union. | 他在国情谘文中 提到了这一点 |
[20:04] | But from your conversations with him personally. | 我们想知道 你跟他私下谈了些什么 |
[20:07] | I haven’t had conversations with him. | 我没有跟他说过话 |
[20:09] | – On this? – On anything. I’ve never met him. | -针对这件事吗? -任何事都是,我没有见过他 |
[20:12] | I’m an associate counsel. The Chinese food guy’s got more access than I do. | 我是顾问助理 送中国菜的人比我更容易见到他 |
[20:16] | Yet they have you out here speaking for the White House? | 但他们要你来这里 为白宫说话? |
[20:19] | Yeah, it’s a really big night for me. | 对,对我来说今晚非常重要 |
[20:22] | We’ll be back with Gretchen Tyler and Ainsley Hayes… | 待会我们会继续访问葛莱泰泰勒 跟艾金丝莉海耶斯 |
[20:24] | …and more guests as the night goes on. | 还有更多的来宾 |
[20:26] | We’re gonna send you to New York for other news. | 我们还要来看看 纽约的新闻 |
[20:29] | – Here’s Frank and Judy. – We’re out. | -来看看法克兰跟茱蒂 -结束了 |
[20:31] | – You crack me up. – Thank you. | -你把我笑死了 -谢谢你 |
[20:33] | – Hey, Gracie. – Hey, Sam. | -嘿,葛芮丝 -嘿,山姆 |
[20:36] | – Mark, does she have time? – It’s a five-minute news break. | -马克,她有空吗? -我们要播五分钟的新闻 |
[20:42] | – Have you been watching? – Yes. | -你一直在看吗? -对 |
[20:44] | Aren’t I delightful? | 我真的好高兴 |
[20:46] | Yes. You know what I’d like? | 对,你知道我在想什么吗? |
[20:48] | I’d like it if you didn’t say you weren’t 100% sure the proposal is constitutional. | 我希望你没有说你无法百分之百确定 总统的建议合乎宪法规定 |
[20:52] | The ACLU has a reasonable case against the president. | 美国民权联盟有合理的理由 反对总统 |
[20:55] | They do a fine job making it without the help of the president’s lawyer. | 他们不需要总统律师的帮忙 就大肆宣扬了这件事 |
[20:59] | – That’s fair. – You never met the president? | -那很公平 -你从来没有见过总统? |
[21:01] | – I haven’t. – You’ve been here for months. | -没错 -你到这里工作好几个月了 |
[21:03] | He works in the Oval Office. I work in steampipe trunk distribution. | 他在椭圆形办公室上班 我在蒸汽管道间工作 |
[21:07] | – We haven’t run into each other. – I’ll set it up. | -我们还没有机会见面 -我会安排的 |
[21:10] | – Meet him tonight. It’s no problem. – Yes, it is. | -今晚跟他见面,没有问题的 -不,问题多的是 |
[21:12] | – Scared to meet him? – I’m not scared. | -你害怕见他? -我不害怕 |
[21:15] | – You are. – I am not scared… | -你害怕 -我不害怕 |
[21:17] | – … because I’m not gonna. – Ainsley. | -因为我不要见他 -艾金丝莉 |
[21:19] | I’m having a good night. I wanna keep having it. | 今晚我过得很开心 我想保持这样的心情 |
[21:22] | I don’t wanna fear the inevitable bungling of language… | 我不想害怕不可避免的 言词冲突 |
[21:24] | – … that will occur, and the mortification. – Sounds bad. | -跟羞辱 -听起来的确很糟糕 |
[21:27] | I am. Yes, I am indeed. Yes, I am scared to meet the president. | 没错,我是那么想 我的确害怕见到总统 |
[21:32] | – It sounds really bad. Okay. – Yes. | -那听起来的确很糟,好吧 -对 |
[21:34] | – When you meet him, you meet him. – No need to rush that day along. | -你要见他时就能见他 -不需要操之过急 |
[21:37] | Right. Okay, can I talk to you about adrenaline for a second? | 对,好吧 我能跟你谈谈肾上腺素吗? |
[21:41] | – Adrenaline? – Yeah. You’re feeling it now. | -肾上腺素? -对,你现在肾上腺素大量分泌 |
[21:43] | There will be more because it’s a big night. You never experienced this before. | 情况会越来越糟糕,因为今晚 非常重要,你从来没有这种感觉 |
[21:47] | – Think I’ll have a nutty? – Don’t drink till you’re off television. | -你觉得我是疯子吗? -下节目前别喝酒 |
[21:51] | God! Thanks for that debating tip. Your feel for nuance! | 天啊,谢谢你提示我 你的观察力真的很敏锐 |
[21:54] | I shouldn’t be drunk when representing the White House. | 我代表白宫说话时 不该喝酒 |
[21:56] | Yeah. And don’t forget you’re a blond Republican girl… | 对,别忘了 你是共和党金发美女 |
[21:59] | …and that nobody likes you. | 没有人喜欢你 |
[22:02] | – I’m going back on television now. – Try and remember you’re on our side. | -我得回去上节目了 -记住你站在我们这一边 |
[22:08] | Thank you, thank you. Sam Seaborn wrote that line for me. | 谢谢 那是山姆希朋帮我写的台词 |
[22:13] | There’s a lot of polling going on right now. | 现在 我们正在做民调 |
[22:15] | The instant-dial focus groups predict tonight’s speech was a success. | 立即的追踪民调 显示今晚的演说非常成功 |
[22:19] | And I’m sure where Josh is over at the phone banks they’ll be confirming that. | 我相信乔西在民调中心 他们会确认那一点 |
[22:24] | But when numbers are crunched and polls are taken… | 但在统计数字 和民调时 |
[22:27] | …I think everyone here realizes… | 我想在这里大家都了解 |
[22:29] | …that the truly important thing is that I changed my hair. | 真正重要的事 是我换了发型 |
[22:33] | Seriously, this is not my official toast. My official toast is later. | 说真的这不是我的正式欢迎词 我待会要正式欢迎大家 |
[22:39] | I just wanted to say informally before the president got here… | 我只是想在总统抵达前 告诉大家 |
[22:43] | …thank you so much for your hard work. And enjoy tonight’s success. | 谢谢你们的努力工作 好好享受今晚的成功 |
[22:55] | – Your hair looks great, by the way. – So, what’s going on with Jack Sloan? | -还有你的发型很漂亮 -杰克索伦是怎么一回事? |
[23:00] | C.J. ‘s on it. | 茜洁正在处理 |
[23:02] | So we were able to get in the language about the Blue Ribbon Commission. | 我们可以来谈 蓝缎带委员会的事 |
[23:07] | We were able to get it in last-minute. | 我们在最后一分钟才做出决定 |
[23:09] | We got our guys. We changed the language to broaden… | 我们找到我们要的人 改变说法以扩大 |
[23:12] | I was there, Leo. | 我也在场,里奥 |
[23:15] | We changed the language at the last minute. | 我们在最后一分钟 改变了说法 |
[23:17] | You wanna be pissed, the architect of this speech… | 你想要气 写这篇演讲稿的人 |
[23:20] | I don’t wanna be pissed at anyone. But thanks for asking. | 我不想生任何人的气 但谢谢你这么问我 |
[23:23] | And I don’t need to be told who the architect of tonight’s speech was. | 我不需要任何人告诉我 今晚的撰稿人是谁 |
[23:27] | It’s Toby Ziegler! | 是托比齐格 |
[23:38] | In your office in half an hour. Got it? | 半小时后到你的办公室见 听到了吗? |
[23:40] | – Yes, ma’am. – Keep shaking hands. | -是的,夫人 -继续握手 |
[23:47] | – He didn’t say that. – Hang on. | -他没有那么说 -等一下 |
[23:48] | He didn’t say that, and we can roll the tape. | 他没有那么说 我们可以调录影带出来看 |
[23:51] | – He said… – He said standardized testing… | -他说 -他说标准学测 |
[23:54] | …would be more acceptable if its limitations were understood. | 如果能详细说明它的范围 将更能被人接受 |
[23:57] | What about the New York City testing scores Hal Chafey just cited a while ago? | 哈尔夏菲之前提到的 纽约学测成绩呢? |
[24:02] | – Six out of 10 were black or Hispanic. – Chafey forgot to mention… | -六成的学生是黑人或西班牙裔 -夏菲忘了提到 |
[24:05] | …that six out of 10 of those students were black or Hispanic. | 六成的学生 是黑人或西班牙裔 |
[24:08] | – On the button. – Josh… | -就在最下面 -乔西 |
[24:09] | – No. We’re still doing this? – Have you asked her out? | -就在最下面 -乔西 -不,我们还要这么做? -你约了她吗? |
[24:12] | – Donna. – The last time I asked, you hadn’t. | -唐娜 -上次我问时你还没有那么做 |
[24:14] | – What is taking so long? – “Would you like to go out Friday night? “ | -为什么要这么久? -“星期五晚上你想出去吗?” |
[24:19] | You have to say it. You have to ask a girl on a date. | 你得那么说 你得约女孩子出去 |
[24:21] | You can’t just randomly tumble into a girl… | 你不能 偶然认识一个女孩 |
[24:24] | …and hope she breaks up with you as always. | 然后希望她 会跟你分手 |
[24:26] | – Why not? – Because you can’t. | -为什么? -因为你就是不能那么做 |
[24:28] | – You said I always do. – I can help you or not. It’s up to you. | -你说过我每次都会那样 -要不要我帮你都由你来决定 |
[24:31] | – I choose not helping me. – Want me to ask her for you? | -我选择不要你来帮我 -要我帮你去约她吗? |
[24:34] | – Yeah. That’s exactly what I want. – Joey. | -对,那就是我要做的事 -乔伊 |
[24:37] | Sit down. Where are the first numbers? | 坐下,初次结果在哪里? |
[24:41] | – Soon. – How soon? | -很快就会出来 -多快? |
[24:44] | – Five minutes. – You said that 15 minutes ago. | -五分钟 -十五分钟前你也那么说 |
[24:47] | – The response rate slowed down. – Why? | -回答率慢了下来 -为什么? |
[24:49] | – People are going to bed. – But the response rate didn’t stop, right? | -大家都上床去睡了 -但回答率没有停下来,对吧? |
[24:53] | Everybody didn’t go to bed. If they did, that would be phenomenal. | 大家还没上床去睡了 如果真的是那样,那就奇怪了 |
[24:57] | The response rate slowed down and you need to have some juice and crackers. | 回答率慢了下来 你得吃点饼干配果汁 |
[25:01] | America is talking and I’m trying to hear what they’re saying. | 美国人正在说话 我想听听他们要说什么 |
[25:05] | They’re saying that you’re an egomaniac who needs to know the public loves you. | 他们说你是个自大狂 你要知道大家都爱你 |
[25:10] | And you’ll have the numbers in five minutes. | 五分钟内 你会看到结果 |
[25:12] | I don’t think that is what they’re saying, but, absent information… | 我不认为他们会那么说 由于缺乏资讯 |
[25:16] | – Josh… – Joey, it’s the State of the Union. | -乔西 -乔伊,那是国情谘文 |
[25:18] | – We worked on the speech three months. – You will hear America speaking. | -我们为了那篇演说努力了三个月 -你会听到美国人在说什么 |
[25:23] | – In five minutes? – In five minutes. | -在五分钟内? -在五分钟内 |
[25:28] | – What the hell? – My computer’s down. | -搞什么? -我的电脑挂了 |
[25:36] | It may take a little longer now. | 可能还要再久一点 |
[25:40] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[25:42] | But this White House uses the First Amendment to protect flag burning… | 但白宫使用第一修正案 保护焚烧国旗的行为 |
[25:45] | …pornography, to ban school prayer. | 跟色情图片,禁止在学校祈祷 |
[25:47] | Why, when the Second Amendment clearly says… | 当第二修正案 很清楚地指出 |
[25:50] | …that the federal government will not infringe upon a citizen’s right… | 联邦政府 不该侵犯民众的权利 |
[25:54] | – … to keep and bear arms… – It doesn’t say that. | -以保有武力 -它才没有那么说 |
[25:56] | The only way it says that is if you remove words. | 如果你修改你的说法 就能了解它的意义 |
[25:59] | – You’re… – It says, “A well-regulated militia… | -你是 -上面写着“有纪律的军队 |
[26:02] | …being necessary for security of a free state, government shall not infringe. “ | 是自由国家安全的必要条件 政府不该侵犯它” |
[26:05] | ” Regulated ” and ” militia” are in the first sentence. | “规律”跟“军队” 就在第一句里 |
[26:08] | I don’t think the framers were thinking of guys in a Dodge Durango. | 我不认为拟定条文的人 想到坐在休旅车里的那些人 |
[26:12] | – You don’t know what they’re thinking. – No. | -你不知道他们在想什么 -对 |
[26:14] | If you combine the populations of Great Britain, France, Germany… | 如果你结合了英国 法国,德国 |
[26:18] | …Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Australia, you get a population… | 日本,瑞士,瑞典,丹麦 跟澳洲人,你会发现 |
[26:21] | …roughly the size of the United States. We had 32,000 gun deaths last year. | 他们的人口总和跟美国人口差不多 去年我们有三万两千人死于枪下 |
[26:26] | They had 112. | 他们只有一百二十二人 |
[26:27] | Think it’s because Americans are more homicidal by nature? | 你认为那是因为 美国人比较嗜血吗? |
[26:30] | Or do you think it’s because those guys have gun control laws? | 或是因此那些人 立法管制枪枝呢? |
[26:34] | We’re gonna talk to some people and hear answers to that question. | 我们要跟一些人谈一谈 听听他们的答案 |
[26:37] | You’re watching an expanded edition of Capital Beat. | 你正在收看 国会节奏的特别加长版 |
[26:40] | Live from the west wing of the White House. | 在白宫西厢 做的现场实况报导 |
[26:42] | – We’ll be back after this. – We’re out. | -我们马上回来 -可以了 |
[26:45] | Toby. | 托比 |
[26:47] | I’m gonna sit out the next segment. | 下段节目我没办法上 |
[26:49] | I gotta see someone. We’ll get you a body. | 我跟别人有约 我们会请别人过来 |
[26:53] | – Has she been waiting long? – No. | -她等了很久吗? -不 |
[27:02] | – Sorry I’m late. – That’s fine. | -抱歉我迟到了 -没关系 |
[27:04] | – On the air. – I want to ask… | -我在上节目 -我想问 |
[27:05] | – Mrs. Bartlet. – Toby? | -巴特勒太太 -托比 |
[27:07] | Excuse me. I want to remind you there’s press coming in and out of this area. | 对不起,我想提醒你 有记者进出这个区域 |
[27:11] | Are you under the impression I am going to have a fit of some kind? | 你认为 我会大发脾气吗? |
[27:15] | – No, ma’am. – So, what was the deal? | -不,夫人 -那么到底是怎么了? |
[27:17] | A highway and a park named after him? | 以他命名的高速公路跟公园? |
[27:19] | – The Blue Ribbon… – The Blue Ribbon Commission is swell. | -蓝缎带 -蓝缎带委员会真的是太棒了 |
[27:22] | I am not talking about the Blue Ribbon Commission. | 我指的不是 蓝缎带委员会 |
[27:25] | And don’t talk to me like I’m other people. You’ve never done that! | 别把我当成其他人一样跟我说话 你从未那么做 |
[27:32] | It was the language. | 那是一种说法 |
[27:35] | – Mrs. Bartlet… – The draft I read said: | -巴特勒太太 -我看到的草稿上写着 |
[27:37] | “The first fiscal priority of the government must be, will be… | “政府的第一优先 一定会是 |
[27:40] | …ensuring Social Security and Medicare. “ | 确保社会保险 跟健保” |
[27:43] | Now, how did that turn into ” boldly setting aside our partisan blinders”? | 它怎么会变成“我们 我们得抛弃政党成见”? |
[27:47] | – White House considering new options? – Look… | -白宫在考虑新选择? -听着 |
[27:49] | – Raising retirement age? – Abbey… | -提高退休年龄? -艾碧 |
[27:51] | How did school uniforms get a prominent spot? | 学校制服 为什么会成为优先议题? |
[27:53] | It was in a section on education reform, Abbey. | 那是在教育改革的范围内 艾碧 |
[27:56] | Considering other options doesn’t mean we’re caving on retirement age. | 考虑到其他的选择 不代表我们要牺牲退休年龄 |
[28:00] | So, what was your concern with the language? | 你对演讲稿 到底有什么问题? |
[28:02] | The draft said: ” Our commitment to the full benefits… | 草稿写着 “我们将致力追求全面的利益 |
[28:06] | …promised to America’s greatest generation is absolute. “ | 答应建立 最强盛的美国” |
[28:09] | – I was there when you wrote it. – Our commitment is absolute. | -你写稿子时我也在场 -我们还是坚持相同的承诺 |
[28:12] | We’re open to new ideas, as it said. | 它表示我们接受新的想法 |
[28:14] | – Oh, please! – Believe me. | -拜托 -相信我 |
[28:15] | We gave Republicans plenty to be pissed about. | 我们让共和党 气得半死 |
[28:18] | The surplus, missile defense, capital gains. | 过剩预算,飞弹防卫 资金取得 |
[28:20] | I was just on TV for the 900th time and alienated gun owners… | 我上过九百次电视 说服持有枪枝的人 |
[28:23] | …to say nothing of people who own Dodge Durangos. | 不要跟开休旅车的人 起冲突 |
[28:26] | So, what exactly was your problem with the language? | 你对那样的说法 到底有什么问题? |
[28:31] | It seemed…. | 它似乎 |
[28:34] | – Abbey? – I was thrown by last-minute changes. | -艾碧? -我在最后的修改中被踢了出来 |
[28:40] | You should get back on TV. | 你应该回去上电视了 |
[28:46] | He’s here? | 他来了吗? |
[28:50] | – Officer Sloan? – Yes, ma’am? | -索伦警官吗? -是的 |
[28:52] | I’m C.J. Cregg, press secretary. Sorry to get you out of the party. | 我是新闻秘书茜洁葛瑞 抱歉把你从派对中拖了出来 |
[28:56] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[28:57] | I’m sorry to be abrupt, but I’m racing the clock a little. | 没关系 抱歉我很匆忙 但我有点赶时间 |
[29:00] | Could you tell me what happened 17 years ago… | 你能告诉我十七年前 你跟名为华特塔皮斯的嫌犯 |
[29:02] | …with a suspect named Walter Tappis? | 发生了什么事吗? |
[29:07] | I can access information through the FBI. I can call Wayne County DA… | 我可以透过联邦调查局取得资料 我可以打电话给韦恩郡的检察官 |
[29:10] | – Do I need a lawyer? – I don’t think so, but if you’d like… | -我需要律师吗? -我不那么认为,但如果你要 |
[29:13] | No. It was an armed robbery in progress. I was pursuing Walter Tappis on foot… | 不,那时发生持枪抢案 我徒步追捕华特塔皮斯 |
[29:19] | …through a series of fenced-in storage areas behind a warehouse. | 跑过仓库后面 被围篱围起来的储藏区 |
[29:23] | I apprehended him and tried to cuff him. During it he broke my hand and nose. | 我逮捕他,试图铐住他 在过程中他打断我的手跟鼻子 |
[29:28] | – So you fractured his leg? – I didn’t fracture his leg. | -所以你打断了他的腿? -我没有打断他的腿 |
[29:31] | He said you kicked him repeatedly while he was handcuffed. | 他说他被上了手铐后 你不断地踢他 |
[29:34] | He was suing the city for five million dollars. | 他控告市政府 要求五百万的赔偿 |
[29:37] | What possible motivation would he have to lie? | 他为什么 要说谎? |
[29:39] | – Officer… – He was 19 years old, 6′ 2″, 190 pounds. | -警官 -当时他十九岁,六尺二寸,一百九十磅 |
[29:44] | He won two bronze medals at state high school track and field championships. | 他在全州高中田径冠军赛中 拿到两面铜牌 |
[29:49] | Miss Cregg, look at me. | 葛瑞小姐,看着我 |
[29:52] | Do you think I’d catch up to this guy if his leg isn’t fractured already? | 你觉得要不是这家伙的腿断了 我能追上他吗? |
[29:58] | It didn’t happen. | 不是那样的 |
[30:01] | Why didn’t you tell anybody this was on your record when you were invited here? | 你受邀来这里时 为什么没告诉大家这项前科? |
[30:05] | I just assumed. I mean, because of what happened over the weekend… | 我只是在猜测 因为周末 |
[30:08] | …at the elementary school. | 在小学发生的事 |
[30:10] | I assumed, you know, that it was okay now, that I was okay. | 我以为 那现在应该没事了 |
[30:16] | I didn’t think it was gonna come up again. | 我没想到 它还会被再提出来 |
[30:19] | – Does the press know? – No, but I have to tell them. | -媒体知道吗? -不,但我得告诉他们 |
[30:23] | – Why? – They’ll find out. | -为什么? -他们会发现的 |
[30:24] | I have to stay ahead of the pitch. If I issue a statement… | 我得先发制人 如果我发表声明 |
[30:27] | …it doesn’t look like we’re trying to hide anything. I control the story for a while. | 他们就不会以为我们在隐瞒 我可以暂时控制这则报导 |
[30:32] | – There is no story. – Officer… | -根本就没有可以报导的 -警官 |
[30:33] | The DA couldn’t bring a case. The civil suit was dismissed. | 检察官没有起诉我 民事案件也撤销了 |
[30:37] | The president pointed to you as an example. | 总统 认为你是典范 |
[30:40] | – I am an example. – It’s a story. | -我是典范 -那会成为新闻报导 |
[30:42] | – Because you’re giving it to them. – They’ll find it anyway. | -因为你要告诉他们 -反正他们都会知道 |
[30:46] | – You don’t know that. – Yes, I do. | -你不知道的 -不,我知道 |
[30:55] | My wife and kids are back at the party. | 我太太跟孩子们都在参加派对 |
[30:58] | You should go back there. | 你应该回去了 |
[31:01] | Don’t talk to anybody about this. | 别跟任何人提这件事 |
[31:07] | I wish you’d said something to us before. | 我希望之前 你有告诉我们 |
[31:11] | Yeah. I just assumed. I thought it was okay now. | 对,我只是以为 现在没事了 |
[31:24] | – Okay. Good news. – What’s happening? | -好吧,好消息 -发生了什么事? |
[31:26] | The electric power company says outage was caused by a 13,000-volt cable… | 电力公司说停电的原因 是因为一条一万三千伏特的电�l |
[31:30] | …that caught fire in a building on N Street and Wisconsin. | 在北街跟威斯康辛街的 民宅大火中受损 |
[31:34] | – How is that good news? – We have hard information. | -那怎么会是好消息? -我们的资讯不多 |
[31:36] | – When’s the power back on? – That information isn’t available. | -电力什么时候恢复? -我不知道 |
[31:40] | – Donna? – The outage affects 2000 customers. | -唐娜 -停电影响两千用户 |
[31:42] | And it was likely started when a repairman misspliced something. | 那是因为修复工人 错接线路 |
[31:49] | Call Sam. | 打电话给山姆 |
[31:50] | – I want the numbers! – Everybody else is having fun with this. | -我要结果 -其他人都觉得很有趣 |
[31:54] | You’re the only one who’s having fun. Nobody else is. | 只有你觉得好玩 其他人不那么认为 |
[31:57] | Boo! How are you doing? | 哈,你好吗? |
[32:01] | – Are those numbers safe? – Yes. | -民调结果没有被影响吧? -是的 |
[32:04] | Are we gonna be able to make West Coast calls? | 我们可以 打电话到西岸吗? |
[32:06] | – That depends when the power goes on. – When’s that? | -那得视电力何时恢复而定 -那会是什么时候的事? |
[32:09] | – Tonight. – Do I look like Electricity Girl? | -今晚 -我看起来像电力公司的人吗? |
[32:12] | – No. – I’m thinking of leading a song. | -不 -我想唱歌 |
[32:14] | Is that Sam? Give him to me. | 是山姆吗?让我跟他说话 |
[32:17] | – Sam? – What’s going on? | -山姆 -发生了什么事? |
[32:19] | – The power’s down. – I know. | -停电了 -我知道 |
[32:21] | We’re minutes away from an East Coast sample. | 我们只差五分钟 就能完成东岸的调查结果 |
[32:23] | – Got nothing west of Indiana or Illinois. – You need anything? | -印第安纳或伊利诺以西都没有结果 -你需要有什么东西吗? |
[32:26] | A lightning bolt, a key and a kite. | 一颗电灯泡,一把钥匙跟一个风筝 |
[32:29] | Donna told me to tell you to ask out Joey Lucas. | 唐娜要我告诉你 去约乔伊路卡斯 |
[32:32] | – Can I tell you? Donna’s been acting… – I gotta go. | -我能告诉你吗?唐娜一直 -我得挂电话了 |
[32:35] | We’re in. | 我们要开始了 |
[32:37] | – Sir. – How’s it going? | -长官 -发生了什么事? |
[32:39] | – Lost power at National Strategies. – I heard. | -国策中心停电 -我听说了 |
[32:41] | – Well done. – Thank you. | -做的好 -谢谢 |
[32:43] | Listen, you scored big on some of the stuff I fought you on. | 听着,你要我帮你争取的事情 那些也让你建立了名声 |
[32:46] | – Yes. I know a way you can repay me. – Repay you for what? | -对,我知道你可以怎么报答我 -我为什么要报答你? |
[32:49] | – For you being wrong, me being right. – I owe you money? | -因为你错了,我对了 -我欠你钱? |
[32:52] | – Not money, sir. – I owe you anything? | -不是钱 -我欠你任何事吗? |
[32:54] | – Great job, Mr. President. – Thanks. | -做的好,总统先生 -谢谢 |
[32:56] | Ainsley Hayes has worked here three months. | 艾金丝莉海耶斯 在这里工作了三个月 |
[32:58] | She’s frightened of meeting you. If you run into her in the halls… | 她害怕跟你见面 如果你在走廊上遇到她 |
[33:01] | …maybe you could introduce yourself and welcome her personally. | 或许你可以跟她做自我介绍 亲自欢迎她 |
[33:05] | – Don’t you already get paid? – In the hallways, in the next few days… | -你不是拿到薪水了吗? -接下来几天在走廊上 |
[33:08] | …you are bound to be in the same place. I’m just… | 你将会在同一个地方出现 我只是 |
[33:11] | – Mr. President. – Hang on. | -总统先生 -等一下 |
[33:12] | Is there anything in particular you’d like me to say? | 你要我跟她 说什么吗? |
[33:15] | If you said something along the lines of: | 你可以 这么说 |
[33:17] | ” People assumed you were hired because you’re a blond, Republican sex kitten. | “大家认为你会被雇用 因为你是共和党的金发性感尤物 |
[33:21] | They were obviously wrong. ” And to keep up the good work. | 很明显地他们错了” 继续加油 |
[33:25] | That’s really good. | 那真的很棒 |
[33:27] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[33:34] | – Mr. President. – The police officer? | -总统先生 -警官的事怎么了? |
[33:37] | – C.J. ‘s looking into it. – We’re gonna get knocked off the story… | -茜洁正在处理 -我们得跟那则报导撇清关系 |
[33:40] | The cop isn’t what’s gonna knock us off the story. | 那个警察的事 不是重点 |
[33:42] | – What is? – We have a situation in Colombia. | -怎么了? -哥伦比亚那边出了事 |
[33:53] | – They can be identified as agents? – They’re dressed as civilians. | -他们的探员身分被揭穿了? -他们乔装成平民 |
[33:56] | – But they’ve got DEA badges. – Yeah, they may have blown their cover. | -但他们带了缉毒局的徽章 -对,他们的身分可能会被拆穿 |
[34:00] | – Sir. – How do we know they’re still alive? | -长官 -我们怎么他们还活着? |
[34:03] | Human sources paid by the national police… | 国家警察的 线人证词 |
[34:05] | – … confirm they’re in a CRF outpost. – They kill our guys… | 确认他们被关在 哥伦比亚游击队的前哨站 |
[34:08] | …unless Santos releases Juan Aguilar from a prison in Bogotá. | 他们会杀了我们的人 除非圣多斯把璜阿奇拉 从波哥大的监狱释适放出来 |
[34:11] | – The Colombian government won’t. – It doesn’t matter. | -哥伦比亚政府不会那么做 -那不重要 |
[34:14] | – Why? – The Frente doesn’t care about Aguilar… | -为什么? -法兰提不在乎阿奇拉 |
[34:16] | …and how long he stays in jail, they want to kill these guys. | 他会在牢里待多久 他们想杀了这些人 |
[34:20] | – I don’t think… – They want to drag their bodies. | -我不认为 -他们想拖着他们的尸体游街 |
[34:23] | These people provide 70 percent of the world’s cocaine. | 这些人提供了 全球七成的可卡因供应量 |
[34:26] | They have 122,000 hectares of coca. | 他们种了十二万两千英亩的可卡因 |
[34:30] | The Putumayo region alone produced $400 million in cocaine last year. | 光是普杜马优地区 去年就生产了四亿的可卡因 |
[34:34] | The government has no control over the region. There is no law. | 政府无法控制该地区 当地根本没有法律 |
[34:38] | They’re gonna shoot these guys in the head and have a parade. | 他们会朝他们的头部开枪 带他们上街游行 |
[34:41] | If they wanted to kill them, they’d be dead. | 如果他们想杀他们 他们早就死掉 |
[34:47] | – Robbie. – Okay, Mr. President. | -罗比 -好吧,总统先生 |
[34:51] | This plan is called Cassiopeia. Three MH-60 Black Hawks… | 这个计划叫做仙后座 三架MH60黑鹰直升机 |
[34:54] | …two MH-6 Little Birds and an AC-130 gunship. | 两架小鹰直升机 跟一架AC130武装直升机 |
[34:57] | Each Black Hawk has 10 Delta commandos from Special Forces. | 每架黑鹰直升机 有十名特殊部队三角洲小组成员 |
[35:00] | – How long? – Five to seven minutes. | -要多久? -五到七分钟 |
[35:02] | – How many Frente casualties? – Do you care? | -法兰提那边的死伤人数是多少? -你在乎吗? |
[35:08] | – No. – Mr. President. | -不 -总统先生 |
[35:10] | I want to urge that we continue negotiating. | 我建议 我们继续谈判 |
[35:13] | – You think we’re headed for Vietnam? – If we attack, the Frente’ll hit back. | -你以为我们要重进越南吗? -我们发动攻击,法兰提会反击 |
[35:17] | – How? – I think they’ll bomb our embassy. | -怎么会呢? -我想他们会轰炸我们的大使馆 |
[35:19] | I think they will kill diplomats and citizens in captivity. | 我想他们会杀了 遭到囚禁的外交人员跟平民 |
[35:22] | All require a military response. It could unify the drug lords. | 我们得采取军事行动 毒贩可能会连成一气 |
[35:25] | It could destabilize the region. It could lead to a war. | 这会导致该地区不稳定 战争可能会爆发 |
[35:28] | Lead to a war, we’re in a war. | 一开战我们就会被卷入战火 |
[35:30] | We’re sending people down there to fight a war on drugs. | 我们正派人到那里 打一场毒品战争 |
[35:34] | Those guys aren’t hostages, they’re prisoners. | 那些人不是人质 他们是囚犯 |
[35:38] | How long’s it gonna take Special Forces to mobilize? | 特别部队 什么时候可以行动? |
[35:41] | They’re in 141 s now on their way to Tres Encinas. | 141特别部队 正在前往崔斯安西纳斯的路上 |
[35:44] | You can give them a “go” order in three hours. | 三小时内 你就可以下令他们“行动” |
[35:47] | Well, then, I want our people to keep talking to Nelson Guerra. | 那么我要我们的人 继续跟尼尔森古拉谈 |
[35:51] | In three hours, be ready to kick in the back door. | 三小时内 准备好发动突击 |
[35:54] | – Yes, sir. – Leo, I’d like the senior staff. | -遵命 -里奥,我要跟资深幕僚开会 |
[35:56] | – Would you round them up? – Yes, sir. | -你能集合他们吗? -是的,长官 |
[35:58] | – I’m gonna be wandering the halls. – Thank you. | -我会到处看看 -谢谢 |
[36:01] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[36:03] | You know what I’m surprised about? | 你知道让我讶异的是什么吗? |
[36:08] | – What? – We haven’t seen a lot of looting. | -什么? -我们还没有接到趁火打劫的报告 |
[36:13] | Usually in these cases you see looting. | 通常发生这种事他们都会趁火打劫 |
[36:16] | General civil unrest. | 民众通常会感到不安 |
[36:18] | – People get on each other’s nerves. – Okay. | -大家会神经紧张 -好吧 |
[36:23] | Joey, can I ask you what may be a silly question? | 乔伊,我能问你 一个蠢问题吗? |
[36:28] | – Sure. – It’s not possible, is it… | -当然可以 -那是不可能发生的,我们 |
[36:30] | …to just open up one of these computers with a screwdriver and get the numbers? | 可以用螺丝起子打开电脑 把数据拿出来吗? |
[36:35] | – Why’d you think that’s a silly question? – I want these numbers! | -你为什么觉得那是个蠢问题? -我要这些数据 |
[36:39] | Josh? | 乔西 |
[36:41] | Sam. | 乔西 山姆 |
[36:44] | – You gotta come back. – What’s going on? | -你得回来 -发生了什么事? |
[36:46] | I don’t know. Leo wants everybody back. Leave Joey and Donna for a while. | 我不知道,里奥要大家回去 让乔伊跟唐娜留在那里处理事情 |
[36:50] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上到 |
[36:53] | Ginger? | 金洁 |
[36:55] | Isn’t Ainsley Hayes supposed to meet me? | 艾金丝莉海耶斯 不是应该来见我吗? |
[36:57] | – She’s in her office. – Isn’t she to meet me here? | -她在她的办公室里 -她不是该来跟我见面吗? |
[37:00] | – She needs to meet you in her office. – Why? | -她要你到她的办公室找她 -为什么? |
[37:02] | She can’t wear her pants. | 她没办法穿上她的裤子 |
[37:16] | Ainsley? | 艾金丝莉 |
[37:24] | – I hardly know where to start. – I was feeling good after my segments… | -我不知道该从哪里说起 -上完节目后我觉得很开心 |
[37:27] | – … so I went to the sculpture garden. – You know… | -所以我到了雕塑公园 -你知道的 |
[37:30] | – … there’s a “wet paint” sign. – My assistant went to get me clothes. | -那里有“油漆未干”的标示 -我助理去帮我拿衣服 |
[37:36] | – Why are you moving like that? – I’m blaming it on the bossa nova. | -你为什么要那么做? -因为我在听巴莎诺瓦 |
[37:40] | I know what you mean about that adrenaline high, I definitely think I got it. | 我了解你说肾上腺素上升的意思了 我相信我的肾上腺素上升了 |
[37:44] | The bartender made me a Pink Squirrel. | 酒保帮我调了一杯粉红松鼠 |
[37:46] | So you see, I am not the teetotaler you think I am. | 我不是你说的那种 完全不喝酒的人 |
[37:49] | – Is there alcohol in that at all? – A dash of crème de cacao, my friend. | -你喝了酒吗? -我喝了一点调酒,我的朋友 |
[37:54] | – I came down here to tell you… – Oh, dance with me, Sam. | -我来这里告诉你 -跟我一起跳舞,山姆 |
[38:07] | – What’s up? – Oh, Mr. President. | -怎么了? -总统先生 |
[38:10] | I never knew we had a nightclub down here. | 我不知道 这里还有夜总会 |
[38:12] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[38:15] | Mr. President, I don’t believe you’ve met Ainsley Hayes. | 总统先生,我想你没有见过 艾金丝莉海耶斯 |
[38:18] | Yeah, Ainsley, I wanted to say hello and to mention, you know… | 艾金丝莉,我想跟你打个招呼 并且告诉你 |
[38:23] | …people assumed you were hired because you were a blond Republican… | 大家认为你会被雇用 因为你是共和党的 |
[38:27] | …sex kitten and, well, they’re obviously wrong. | 金发性感尤物 很明显地他们错了 |
[38:31] | – Keep up the good work. – Yes, sir. | -继续加油 -是的,长官 |
[38:34] | – Know we’re meeting? – Yes, sir. | -你知道我们要开会吗? -是的,长官 |
[38:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:42] | That could’ve been worse. | 情况可能会更糟糕 |
[38:46] | No, probably not. | 不,应该不会 |
[38:51] | Take us behind the scenes. What are the president and first lady doing right now? | 我们来看看幕后花絮 总统跟第一夫人现在在做什么呢? |
[38:55] | The reception’s still going on, I don’t know if you can hear the music. | 欢迎会仍在举行 我不知道你能不能听到音乐声 |
[38:59] | They are likely to stay up late with friends. | 他们似乎会熬夜 跟朋友一起玩 |
[39:01] | All right, we’re staying up late too. Maybe we’ll get invited to the party. | 好吧,我们也会熬夜的 或许我们会被邀请参加派对 |
[39:05] | We’re gonna take a break and come right back. | 我们要休息一下 马上回来 |
[39:08] | – We’re out. – How you holding up? | -结束了 -情况如何? |
[39:10] | You got a second? | 你有空吗? |
[39:18] | I’ve laid off it because we’ve done things together. | 我因为我们共事过 所以我放了点水 |
[39:21] | – I didn’t want to ambush you… – Sloan? | -我无意要突击你 -索伦吗? |
[39:23] | – Yeah. C.J. – Mark. | -对,茜洁 -马克 |
[39:24] | I talked to the guy. Before the stampede begins, give me a… | -对,茜洁 -马克 我跟他谈过,在消息传开前 给我一些 |
[39:28] | C.J.? | 茜洁 |
[39:30] | – Let me talk to you before… – C.J.? | -让我先跟你谈一谈 -茜洁 |
[39:33] | Leo McGarry would like you to meet a friend. | 里奥马加瑞 要你见一位朋友 |
[39:35] | – Give me 20 minutes. – Why? | -给我二十分钟 -为什么? |
[39:37] | – We’ve done things together. – I’m looking at my watch. | -我们一起做事过 -我会看着我的表 |
[39:54] | – They said you were here. – Just for a minute. | -他们说你在这里 -我刚到 |
[39:57] | Fellas? | 抱歉 |
[40:15] | – You’re mad at me. – You know what, I’m not your mommy. | -你在生我的气 -你知道吗?我不是你妈 |
[40:19] | Abbey, so I indicated we were open to new ideas, how did I fail you this time? | 艾碧,我刚刚说过我们愿意接受新想法 这次我到底哪里惹你生气了? |
[40:24] | You didn’t fail anybody. | 你没有惹任何人生气 |
[40:25] | They’ve been giving you some pretty decent style points. | 你没有惹任何人生气 他们都对你 好评如潮 |
[40:34] | I have a meeting. | 我要开会 |
[40:36] | At what point in the process did you decide not to mention… | 你什么时候 决定不提 |
[40:40] | – … the Violence Against Women Act? – Things had to be cut. | -反对对女性施暴法案的? -我们得精简内容 |
[40:44] | Jane Robinson, by the way, is the name of the woman I made the check out to. | 还有我的支票 开给了珍罗宾森 |
[40:50] | It wasn’t cashed because she framed it. | 它没有兑现,因为她把支票框了起来 |
[40:54] | Charlie tracked her down at a women’s shelter. | 查理查出 她住在妇女收容所 |
[40:56] | That’s what made me think about the Violence Against Women’s Act. | 那让我想起了 反对对女性施暴法案 |
[41:00] | To make a 90-minute speech into an 80-minute speech, things had to go. | 我们得将九十分钟的内容 浓缩成八十分钟,内容必须精简 |
[41:04] | It’s good it didn’t have to be shorter, or school uniforms might not have made it. | 还好它不必再短一点 不然你就无法提学校制服的事 |
[41:08] | We had a deal. | 我们说好了的 |
[41:10] | – Right now… – We made a promise. We made a deal! | -现在 -我们做过承诺,我们说好了 |
[41:14] | When did you decide you were gonna run for a second term? | 你什么时候决定 要竞选连任? |
[41:17] | – That’s not what tonight’s speech… – That’s all tonight’s speech was about! | -那不在今晚的演说中 -那就是今晚演说的目地 |
[41:23] | You kicked off your re-election campaign. | 你已经开始 准备竞选连任 |
[41:26] | And I’m sitting here, eating a sandwich because we had a deal. | 我坐在这里吃三明治 因为我们说好了 |
[41:29] | That was three years ago. | 那是三年前的事 |
[41:37] | I have Special Forces headed to Colombia on ready-alert. | 我派特殊部队到哥伦比亚 准备发动攻击 |
[41:41] | – They’ll be ready in less than three hours. – What happened? | -他们会在三小时内准备好 -发生了什么事? |
[41:45] | The Frente took five DEA agents in Putumayo. | 法兰提组织在普杜马优 抓走五名缉毒局探员 |
[41:48] | Mr. President? Senior staff’s together. | 总统先生,资深幕僚都到了 |
[41:50] | – I’ll be right there. – Yes, sir. | -我马上到 -是的,长官 |
[41:54] | – Abbey… – No, you gotta focus right now. | -艾碧 -不,现在你得专心 |
[41:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[42:04] | – I’ve gotta go. – I’ll stay up with you. | -我得走了 -我会支持你 |
[42:46] | Welcome back. If you’re just joining us, we’re live tonight… | 欢迎继续收看,如果你刚刚才开始 收看我们的节目,今晚 |
[42:49] | …from the west wing of the White House with an all-star panel. | 我们在白宫西厢做实况转播 请来许多重量级来宾 |
[42:52] | We’re talking about the State of the Union. It appears that it’s a blockbuster. | 我们要来讨论国情谘文 看来它是一颗强力炸弹 |
[42:57] | Claire Willow joins us now from the Chicago Sun-Times. | 现在加入我们的是 芝加哥太阳报的克莱儿魏洛 |