时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | – Previously on The West Wing: – Do you get that you have MS? | -你知道你得了多发性硬化症吗? |
[00:09] | We’re firming up strategy on the future… | 我们在制定 确保总统未来任期的政策 |
[00:11] | …and we don’t know if this president is interested in the future. | 我们不知道 总统对未来有没有兴趣 |
[00:14] | – What am I supposed to tell my director? – We need 30 minutes Wednesday. | -我要怎么告诉我的上司? -我们需要星期三晚上三十分钟的时段 |
[00:18] | Order the attorney general to appoint a prosecutor. | 下令检察长 指派检察官 |
[00:20] | How many are they estimating? | 他们有多少人? |
[00:22] | Two Bradleys with 120 mm cannons and a couple artillery tubes. | 他们有两辆有一百二十厘米大跑的 布莱德利战车跟口径跑 |
[00:25] | – What do we have? – 37 Marines with M-14s. | -我们有什么? -37名拿着M14步枪的陆战队员 |
[00:27] | There was an accident at 18th and Potomac. | 十八街跟波多马克街 出了车祸 |
[00:30] | Mrs. Landingham was driving her car back. | 蓝丁汉太太 正要开车回这里 |
[00:32] | – Is she all right? – No, she’s dead. | -她没事吧? -不,她死了 两座教堂 |
[00:42] | Most of us are just hearing the news now. | 大部份的人 刚刚才听到消息 |
[00:45] | – A conference call? – Yes. | -召开会议的消息? -对 |
[00:46] | – There hasn’t been time to digest this. – What we do know is… | -我们一直没有时间消化 -我们只知道 |
[00:49] | …the House Democrats are gonna take it in the throat. | 民主党众议员 会因此事饱受压力 |
[00:52] | We might get voters to accept MS in some of the suburban districts. | 在某些都会区 有些选民可以接受多发性硬化症 |
[00:56] | – The whole House is up for re-election. – Yeah. | -众议院将会全面改选 -对 |
[00:59] | It’s not a matter of accepting it. There was a cover-up… | 我们无法接受那样的事 有个封面报导 |
[01:02] | – The point is, even if you squeeze out… – Even if you could squeeze out a win… | -重点是就算你施压 -就算你施压赢了 |
[01:06] | …this is what the campaign’s gonna be about. | 这将会是竞选时的 主要问题 |
[01:08] | And Democrats will tell the president: | 民主党员会告诉总统 |
[01:10] | ” Don’t come to my district, I got troubles enough. “ | “别到我的选区来 我的麻烦已经够多了” |
[01:13] | Your campaign never gets out of the rose garden. | 你的竞选活动 永远无法离开玫瑰园 |
[01:15] | We’re running without a standard-bearer when we got policy cases… | 我们在没有精神人物的情况下竞选 而我们在政策方面 |
[01:19] | …against the Republicans on tax cuts, environment, education. | 对跟共和党员辩论 减税,环保跟教育问题 |
[01:22] | And this is what the campaign’s gonna be about. | 这就是竞选活动的重点 |
[01:24] | Leo, most of us are just hearing the news… | 里奥,大部份的人 都是刚刚才听到消息 |
[01:27] | …and I don’t like being the first one to say it, but I’m gonna. | 我不想第一个开口说 但我非说不可 |
[01:30] | I think the president has got to strongly consider not running for re-election. | 我想总统必须认真考虑 不竞选连任的事 |
[01:36] | – You think you’re the first one to say it? – Leo… | -你以为你是第一个那么说的人吗? -里奥 |
[01:39] | You are, at minimum, the 35th in the last two hours. | 在过去两小时以来 你至少是第三十五那么说的人 |
[01:42] | Well, we’re the ones talking to you now. And we’re the ones that are asking: | 现在我们正在跟你谈 我们想要问 |
[01:47] | Is the president gonna run for re-election? | 总统会想要竞选连任吗? |
[01:54] | Harry, Bill… | 亨利,比尔 |
[01:57] | …there’s going to be a press conference tonight. I’d watch. | 今晚会有记者会 我一定会看 罗伯洛 杜希尔 艾莉森詹尼 珍妮尔摩隆奈 里察薛福 约翰史宾塞 布雷迪威佛德 马丁辛 |
[02:50] | He’ll sit here with the first lady on his right. | 他会坐在这里 第一夫人在他的右手边 |
[02:52] | – Not in front of the fireplace? – That’s too much. | -他们不坐在壁炉前? -那太夸张了 |
[02:55] | He’ll sit here. They’ll have to light the room from outside the window. | 他坐在这里 灯光要从外面照入室内 |
[02:58] | – We’ll let them know. – Last time, they didn’t know. | -我们会告诉他们的 -上次他们并不知道 |
[03:01] | The president taped a message that looked like it was lit by Ed Wood. | 总统要录制一段谈话内容 看起来像是由艾德伍德所掌镜 |
[03:04] | A pitcher of water, but keep it off-screen. | 还要一壶水 但镜头别带到它 |
[03:06] | They gotta light from outside the window. | 他们会从外面打灯光 |
[03:09] | I don’t care. Look, Toby, has anyone considered whether he’s up for this? | 我不在乎,听着,托比 有人知道他会这么做吗? |
[03:13] | – Up for this? – Some stuff has happened since… | -会这么做? -发生了很多事,自从 |
[03:16] | C.J. gave it to the network. We’re pretty much locked in. | 茜洁已经通知了联播网,木已成舟了 |
[03:18] | – When are we prepping him? – After the service. | -什么时候要帮他做准备? -葬礼结束后 |
[03:21] | – There’s gonna be time? – We’ll have the afternoon. | -还会有时间吗? -下午会有时间 |
[03:23] | – We should consider… – There aren’t any options. | -我们应该考虑 -我们别无选择 |
[03:26] | We’re going on TV at 8. | 八点我们要上电视 |
[03:28] | – Toby? – Yeah? | -托比 -什么事? |
[03:29] | I had to put Greg Summerhays back on your schedule. | 我又安排了时间 让你见葛格桑莫海耶 |
[03:32] | – No, I took him off. – Leo’s office had me put him back on. | -不,我把他删掉了 -里奥的办公室要我再安排一次 |
[03:35] | – Why? – They want you to keep the appointment. | -为什么? -他们要你跟他见面 |
[03:38] | We’ve got her funeral today. We’ve got these…. | 今天我们要参加她的葬礼 我们有很多 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 |
[03:42] | I said 4:00. | 我约了四点 制片:劳伦斯欧唐尼尔二世 |
[03:45] | Yeah, all right. | 好吧 |
[03:50] | – Carol? – Yeah? | -卡萝 -什么事? 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[03:52] | AP, Reuters, Agence France. Something about seating on Air Force One. | 美新社,路透社,法新社 我得安排在空军一号的座位 |
[03:56] | – Seating arrangements? – Seating arrangements on Air Force One. | -要安排座位? -安排空军一号的座位 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[03:59] | C.J.? | -茜洁 |
[04:00] | I was thinking since it’s gonna be a light day… | -我以为今天会很轻松 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[04:02] | …I’d maybe blow off work, go shopping or something. | 我可以提早完成工作 去逛街做自己的事 |
[04:05] | What do you need? | 你有什么事吗? |
[04:07] | – Can I give you a quick brief? – Sure. | -我能很快地跟你做个简报吗? -没问题 |
[04:10] | The Justice Department’s run out of money in their suit against tobacco. | 导演:汤玛斯许蓝 司法部用光了 烟草公司诉讼案的费用 |
[04:13] | – The Justice Department’s overmatched. – By hundreds of millions of dollars. | -司法部比不过的 -他们少了好几千万 |
[04:17] | They’re asking for 30 million. We think they should have it. | 他们要申请三千万 我们认为他们该拿到这笔钱 |
[04:20] | – Who disagrees with us? – 8 of the 15 members… | -谁反对呢? -控制司法跟商业部预算的 |
[04:22] | …of the subcommittee that controls the budgets for Justice and Commerce… | 附属委员会十五名成员中 有八位反对 |
[04:26] | …including Kalmbach who has ties to tobacco… | 包括了卡姆巴哈 他跟烟草公司关系紧密 |
[04:29] | …and Warren and Rossitter, who do not. | 还有跟他们没关系的华伦跟罗席特 |
[04:31] | – We lost two Democrats? – They have ideological objections. | -我们失去两名民主党员 -他们因反对而反对 |
[04:34] | Yeah, it’s just not a good time to be losing Democrats. | 对,现在不是 失去民主党员的好时机 |
[04:37] | You haven’t been in my office this morning. | 今天早上 你没有到我的办公室 |
[04:40] | – We’ll get them back. – Anyway, Leo felt pretty strongly… | -我们会说服他们回来 -总之里奥强烈认为 |
[04:43] | …that we should light a fire under it, so I wrote up a strongly worded release. | 我们应该先点个火 所以我写了措词强烈的声明 |
[04:47] | “The White House. For immediate release. Office of the press. | “白宫立即声明 媒体办公室 |
[04:51] | Today, the president calls on Congress, who deserve their day in court. | 今天总统拜访了国会 让他们知道了这件事情 |
[04:54] | This administration won’t sit on the bench… | 政府不会坐视无法 让过着富足生活的 |
[04:57] | …while the Appropriations Committee… | 拨款委员会成员 |
[04:59] | …choke off funding for a lawsuit aimed at perpetrators… | 阻止资助控告 |
[05:02] | …of hundreds of thousands of negligent homicides… | 过失杀害数十万人的嫌犯 |
[05:05] | …while filling their campaign war chests. “ | 而委员会成员的荷包 塞得满满的” |
[05:12] | This is like the fire we used to throw in the early primaries. | 这像是我们刚开始时 会点燃的那种大火 |
[05:16] | Let Bartlet be Bartlet. | 让巴特勒恢复他的本色吧 |
[05:20] | You gotta put it away for a while. | 你得暂时搁下它 |
[05:24] | You think? | 你那么认为吗? |
[05:26] | I’m going in there to tell them a helicopter assault team… | 我会进去告诉他们 一只直升机攻击小队 |
[05:29] | …is steaming off Port-au-Prince, then I’m bringing in AP and Agence France. | 正从太子港出发 然后我会告诉美新社跟法新社 |
[05:33] | Nobody’s gonna write about an Appropriations Bill. | 没有人会提到拨款委员会 |
[05:35] | Haiti is gonna get bumped to the Lifestyle Section. | 海地将会塞满时事版 |
[05:38] | Yeah, I suppose. | 我想你说的对 |
[05:43] | Listen. | 听着 |
[05:46] | – Have you seen him today? – No, have you? | -今天你见过他吗? -没有,你呢? |
[05:50] | No. | 没有 |
[05:53] | – All right. Listen, I gotta… – Yeah. Thanks. | -好吧,听着 -对,谢谢你 |
[05:56] | – Why are we assuming it’s Hoynes? – Please. | -我们为什么要猜是何尼斯? -拜托 |
[05:59] | Why are we assuming it’s Hoynes? You don’t think Wedland’s gonna get in? | 我们为什么要猜是何尼斯? 你不认识魏德兰也有机会? |
[06:02] | – Hutchinson, Seth Gillette? – Please. | -汉奇森,赛斯吉利特? -拜托 |
[06:05] | – Gillette’s lucky if he carries his family. – It’s Hoynes. | -吉利特能过家人那关就算他运气好 -是何尼斯 |
[06:09] | Sam, you understand this conversation isn’t ruling out Bartlet as a candidate. | 山姆,你知道这段谈话 没有排除巴特勒当候选人的可能性 |
[06:13] | It’s just, “what if? ” We’re party strategists. | 只不过“万一”呢? 我们是党策略师 |
[06:17] | – It’s what we’re paid for. – Yeah. | -那是我们的工作 -对 |
[06:19] | Hoynes is the only one who put together the money. | 只有何尼斯能募到钱 |
[06:21] | He’s the most successful fundraiser the party’s ever had. | 他是本党有史以来 最成功的募款者 |
[06:24] | Though obviously, it’d be easier if Hoynes is running as an incumbent. | 虽然很明显地 何尼斯竞选副总统会比较容易 |
[06:28] | – Okay. – Sam… | -好吧 -山姆 |
[06:29] | – Thanks. – No, it was an inappropriate… | -谢谢 -不,那是个不适当的 |
[06:32] | No, when I say okay, that’s it. Close your notebooks. | 不,我说可以了就是可以了 麦上你们的笔记本 |
[06:35] | You don’t talk like that here. I don’t give a damn whose nephew you are. | 在这里你不能那样子说话 我不在乎你是谁的外甥 |
[06:39] | Tony, President Bartlet’s not a candidate. He’s the president. | 汤尼,巴特勒总统不是候选人 他是总统 |
[06:43] | – What are the conditions in the embassy? – They’ve got running water… | -使馆里情况如何? -他们还有自来水 |
[06:47] | …but the power’s been cut. The generator’s got about 24 hours. | 但是电力被切断 发电机还能维持约二十四小时 |
[06:50] | Injuries? | 有人受伤吗? |
[06:51] | No, but the deputy chief’s a diabetic and running out of insulin. | 不,但二厨有糖尿病 他的胰岛素快用光了 |
[06:55] | – The Red Cross can help us there? – Yes, sir. | -红十字会能帮我们吗? -是的 |
[06:57] | What’s outside? | 外面的情况呢? |
[06:58] | About 1200 troops with A-15s positioned outside the gates. | 约一千两百人 拿着A-15步枪守在外面 |
[07:01] | They’ve got four 105 mm howitzers. | 他们有四门105厘米的榴弹跑 |
[07:03] | – Which are trained at…? – Our front door. | -他们在哪里受训? -我们这里 |
[07:06] | Mr. President, we want to send Fitzwallace down there. | 总统先生 我们要派费兹华伦斯过去 |
[07:09] | Why? | 为什么? |
[07:10] | There’s a Haitian general named Francis St. Jacques. | 有个海地将军 名叫法兰西斯圣杰克斯 |
[07:13] | He trained with Fitz in Annapolis and…. | 他跟费兹一起在安纳波里斯受训 |
[07:24] | Jed? | 杰德 |
[07:27] | – Jed? – Jed. Jed, your father’s calling you. | -杰德 -杰德,你爸爸在叫你 |
[07:30] | Jed! | 杰德 |
[07:34] | – Didn’t you hear me calling you? – No, sir, I didn’t. I was… I didn’t. | -你没有听到我叫你吗? -先生,我没有听到,我我没听到 |
[07:37] | Mr. Spence found this cigarette butt on the floor in the aisle of the chapel. | 史宾瑟先生在教堂走廊地上 发现这根烟屁股 |
[07:41] | People shouldn’t put cigarettes out in chapel. | 人们不该把烟蒂留在教堂里 |
[07:44] | People shouldn’t be smoking in the chapel I think is my point, Jed. | 我想我的意思是 人们不该在教堂里抽烟,杰德 |
[07:47] | – Do you understand? – Yes. | -你了解吗? -是的 |
[07:49] | – Could you tell your friends, please? – Yeah. | -能麻烦你告诉你的朋友吗? -好的 |
[07:52] | Jed, hang on. I want you to meet someone. | 杰德,等一下 我要介绍一个人跟你认识 |
[07:55] | She’s gonna take over in my office for Mrs. Tillinghouse. | 她会代替提林豪斯太太 在我的办公室工作 |
[07:58] | Excuse me. This is Dolores Landingham. | 对不起,这位是桃乐丝蓝丁汉 |
[08:01] | Mrs. Landingham, this is my eldest son, Jed. | 蓝丁汉太太 这位是我儿子杰德 |
[08:06] | – So, what happens? – Basically, we think we can get… | -发生了什么事? -基本上我想我们可以 |
[08:09] | .. St. Jacques to fracture Bazan’s army. | 请圣杰克斯摧毁巴森的军队 |
[08:11] | – So if we invade…? – It becomes peacekeeping. | -如果我们侵入 -那就是维持和平的行动 |
[08:18] | Okay, send Fitzwallace down. Anything else? | 好吧,派费兹华伦斯过去 还有别的事吗? |
[08:21] | No, sir. | 没有了,长官 |
[08:24] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thank you, sir. | -谢谢总统先生 -谢谢你 |
[08:34] | – They’ve been in there 48 hours. – Yes, sir. | -已经四十八小时过去了 -是的 |
[08:37] | The guy’s been president of his country for two days. | 这家伙当了两天的总统 |
[08:40] | – He’s spent them both at gunpoint. – Yeah. | -两天来他都在枪口下 -对 |
[08:42] | What do you know about this storm? | 你对这场风暴有什么了解? |
[08:44] | – It’s moving to South Carolina. – It’s supposed to be bad. | -它往南卡罗莱纳州移动 -它应该会杀伤力很强 |
[08:47] | – It’s a tropical storm. – Yes, sir. | -它是热带风暴 -是的,长官 |
[08:49] | No, I mean, it’s been designated a tropical storm. | 不,我是说它被规划成热带风暴 |
[08:52] | That means it has a surface wind speed of something. | 那表示它的表面风速会很强 |
[08:54] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[08:55] | Isn’t it strange to have a tropical storm in May? | 五月出现热带风暴 不会很奇怪吗? |
[09:00] | I’m sure there’s a season and this isn’t it. | 我相信那一定有原因 而这不是原因 |
[09:02] | – I can have someone find out for you. – It’s not a big deal. | -我可以请人帮你查 -那不是大事 |
[09:05] | It’s just that I’m pretty sure it’s strange. | 只是我相信它很奇怪 |
[09:09] | The motorcade will leave for the cathedral in an hour. | 车队会在一小时内 出发到教堂 |
[09:12] | – You ever been to National Cathedral? – Yes, sir. | -你去过国家大教堂吗? -我去过,长官 |
[09:15] | You know you can lay the Washington Monument on its side in that church. | 把华圣顿纪念碑侧放 会砸中那座教堂 |
[09:19] | – I did, actually. – We should try it. | -我知道 -我们应该试试看 |
[09:22] | You have two meetings between now and then. | 去教堂之前 你还要开两个会 |
[09:24] | – Is there anything else you need, sir? – I need pallbearers. | -你还有别的事吗?长官 -我需要扶灵者 |
[09:28] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[09:35] | Also in the combat radius will be six JSOCs… | 在战斗范围内 还有六只联合特战司令部小组 |
[09:37] | …a battalion landing team. They’ll cover that at the Pentagon briefing. | 跟一只师级降落小组 五角大厦简报里会提到这些事 |
[09:42] | Does the OAS passing a resolution allowing you… | 美洲国家组织通过决议 答应让你们 |
[09:44] | …to explore military options mean you’ve exhausted diplomatic ones? | 使用军事手段 那表示外交手段没有用了吗? |
[09:48] | Of course not. But it should underline the consequences for Bazan… | 当然不是 但这能让巴森知道 |
[09:51] | …should he decide to arrest the democratically elected president of Haiti. | 他逮捕海地经由民主程序 选出的总统的后果 |
[09:55] | That’s all I have for now. | 我只有这么多可以报告 |
[09:56] | Before you go, C.J. needs to see… | 在你们离开前,茜洁要 |
[09:58] | …AP, Reuters and Agence France in the office. | 美新社,路透社跟法新社的记者 对她的办公室去一趟 |
[10:01] | She needs to discuss seating arrangements on Air Force One. | 她要谈一下 空军一号上座位安排的问题 |
[10:04] | – C.J.? – Yeah. | -茜洁 -什么事? |
[10:06] | – We’ve got a problem. – That’s hard to believe. | -我们有问题 -那真是令人难以置信 |
[10:08] | We can’t have the press conference in the East Room. | 我们不能 在东室举行记者会 |
[10:11] | – What are you talking about? – We can’t have it in the East Room. | -你在胡说什么? -我们不能在东室举行记者会 |
[10:14] | – Why? – They’ve been pulling the wiring… | -为什么? -他们在整修电路 |
[10:16] | …and they found asbestos. | 发现了石棉 |
[10:18] | – There’s asbestos in the East Room? – Yeah. I’m gonna make a list… | -东室有石棉? -对,我会列出清单 |
[10:22] | Okay. Put together a list of alternatives. | 好吧 把其他可能的地点列出 |
[10:25] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[10:26] | I don’t have a problem with my seat on the plane. | 我对我在飞机上的座位 没有问题 |
[10:29] | Get inside. | 请进 |
[10:31] | I complained that one time because, I don’t know, I was in a bad mood. | 我之前抱怨过一次 因为,我不知道,那时我心情不好 |
[10:35] | This isn’t about seating arrangements. Notebooks. No tape recorders. | 这跟座位安排无关 只能用笔记本,不能用录音机 |
[10:39] | The story’s embargoed for an hour… | 消息封锁了一小时 |
[10:41] | …and you’ll identify me as a “senior White House official. “ | 你们得称我 为“资深白宫官员” |
[10:46] | – Are we talking about the opening bell? – That depends. When is it gonna leak? | -我们要讨论开盘的事吗? -那得视情况而定,何时要放风声? |
[10:50] | – I’m sorry. – When are we leaking the story? | -对不起 -我们什么时候要放风声? |
[10:52] | – C.J. ‘s doing it right now. – Wall Street will have it in an hour. | -茜洁正在处理 -华尔街一小时内会知道 |
[10:56] | In two hours sellers will outnumber buyers. | 两小时内 卖股票的人会比买股票的人多 |
[11:01] | Excuse me, keep going. | 对不起,请继续说 |
[11:03] | – In what sectors? – In all sectors of the… | -在哪里方面? -在所有的 |
[11:07] | – Charlie? – Yes, sir. | -查理 -什么事?长官 |
[11:08] | Do you have any idea why the door to the portico keeps swinging open? | 你知道为什么通往走廊的门 会不停地打开吗? |
[11:12] | They’re replacing the latch. It’s swinging open from the wind. | 他们正在换门闩 它是被风吹开的 |
[11:15] | The door opens out. | 但门往外开 |
[11:16] | When the right doors are open, there’s a wind tunnel into the Oval Office. | 只要开对了门 就会有风洞进入椭圆形办公室 |
[11:20] | No kidding. | 你说的对 |
[11:22] | What about Europe and Japan? | 欧洲跟日本呢? |
[11:23] | Well, Japan is going to be up and trading by the time we go on TV. | 我们上电视时 日本股市正要开始交易 |
[11:28] | Charlie says there’s a wind tunnel created by something. | 查理说 办公室里有风洞 |
[11:31] | They’re fixing the latch. | 他们在修门闩 |
[11:33] | – Mr. President. – Yeah? | -总统先生 -什么事? |
[11:35] | – Is the motorcade ready? – Yes, sir. | -车队准备好了吗? -是的 |
[11:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:40] | Well, we’ve gotta go. | 我们得走了 |
[11:42] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[11:44] | Leo’s pretty rich. Maybe he can buy some tech stocks and jack up the price. | 里奥很有钱,或许他能买些科技股 把股价拉高 |
[11:49] | – Keep me posted on the bellwethers. – Yeah. Thank you, Mr. President. | -随时通知我开盘的情况 -是的,谢谢总统先生 |
[11:54] | – Is the first lady meeting us in the car? – Yes. It’s a nondenominational service. | -第一夫人会在车上跟我们会合? -是的,这是个非宗教性的仪式 |
[12:00] | What’d she say? | 她说什么? |
[12:02] | She said the first lady’s meeting us in the car. | 她说第一夫人 会在车上跟我们会合 |
[12:07] | – It wasn’t a nondenominational service. – Of course it was. | -这不是非宗教性的仪式 -它当然是 |
[12:10] | Wouldn’t have felt that way if you were Jewish. | 如果你是犹太人 你就不会那么想了 |
[12:12] | It was a nondenominational Christian service. | 这是非宗教性的 基督教仪式 |
[12:14] | – Attendance at… – It’s nondenominational. | -地点是 -它是非宗教性仪式 |
[12:17] | – Our Father is not nondenominational. – Everyone says Our Father. | -天父跟宗教有关 -大家都会提到天父 |
[12:20] | Catholics don’t say, ” For thine is the kingdom… | 我的意思是天主教不会 “因为国度 |
[12:23] | …and the power and the glory forever and ever. ” You know? I’m just saying. | 权柄,荣耀,全是你的 直到永远” ,你知道吗? |
[12:26] | – Why do you work here? – I’m sorry? | -你为什么在这里工作? -你说什么? |
[12:28] | Why do you work here after classes? | 你放学后为什么要在这里工作? |
[12:30] | I can’t imagine anyone in your family is on work study. | 我不相信你家的人 需要半工半读 |
[12:33] | No, I get free tuition. So I guess it’s a good idea to give something back. | 不,我不必付学费 我猜有所回馈是个好点子 |
[12:37] | Why do you call your father “sir”? | 你为什么要叫你爸爸“先生”? |
[12:39] | – Is this a whole afternoon of questions? – Actually, you’ve been talking. | -你整个下午都要问我问题吗? -事实上你一直在说话 |
[12:43] | – I’m sorry, am I boring you, Dolores? – Mrs. Landingham, please. | -抱歉,我让你很烦吗?桃乐丝 -请叫我蓝丁汉太太 |
[12:47] | My father’s the headmaster. | 我爸爸是校长 |
[12:48] | But before he was your headmaster, he was your father, right? | 在他当你的校长前 他是你爸爸,对吧? |
[12:51] | I don’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable. | 我不希望任何人 觉得不自在 |
[12:54] | – So you call him “sir”? – Yeah. | -所以你叫他“先生”? -对 |
[13:10] | You know, they released the girl from the hospital this morning. | 今天早上 那个女孩出院了 |
[13:14] | – The driver? – Yeah. | -那个司机? -对 |
[13:17] | She fractured her wrist and had some stitches over her eye… | 她的手腕骨折 眼睛上方缝了几针 |
[13:20] | …and the other two had some scrapes and bruises. | 其他两个人 有擦伤跟瘀伤 |
[13:24] | It looks like they’re going to charge her with vehicular manslaughter. | 看起来他们要以 肇事致死罪起诉她 |
[13:40] | Frank Mitchell, Joanna, Bill Carney… | 法兰克米契尔,琼安娜,比尔卡尼 |
[13:43] | …told me they were in meetings all morning. | 告诉我 他们整个早上都在开会 |
[13:46] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:50] | Consensus seems to be that if you step back… | 他们一致同意 如果你让步 |
[13:53] | …and put your support behind Hoynes… | 支持何尼斯 |
[13:56] | …there’s a decent chance the Democrats can keep the White House. | 民主党极可能 保得住白宫 |
[14:02] | The world will rest easier. | 世界会比较安宁 |
[14:11] | We’re here. | 我们到了 |
[15:28] | “‘I am the resurrection and I am life,’ says the Lord. | “’我是生命,我是复活’ 主这么说 |
[15:32] | ‘Whoever believes in me shall live, even though he die.’ “ | ‘信我者得永生 即使他死了’” |
[15:37] | God of mercy, you are the hope of sinners, the joy of saints. | 仁慈的上帝,你是罪人的希望 圣人的欢喜 |
[15:43] | We pray for our sister Dolores, whose body we honor with Christian burial. | 我们为桃乐丝姐妹祈祷 以基督教仪式为她举行葬礼 |
[15:49] | Give her happiness with your saints, and raise up her body… | 让她跟圣人一起共享欢喜 带走她的肉体 |
[15:52] | …with the saints of the last day to be in your presence forever. | 跟圣人一起迎接末日 永远在你的怀抱中 |
[16:00] | As for me, I know that my redeemer lives… | 至于我 我知道我的生命卑微 |
[16:03] | …and that at the last he will stand upon the earth. | 他希望我是最后 离开人间的人 |
[16:08] | – After my awaking, he will raise me up. – Jed? | -我醒过来后,他会带我走 -杰德 |
[16:12] | – And in my body I shall see God. – Jed? | -在我的身体中我会看到上帝 -杰德 |
[16:16] | I myself shall see, and my eyes behold him…. | 我会亲眼凝视着他 |
[16:23] | Jed? | 杰德 |
[16:28] | Jed? | 杰德 |
[16:30] | I’m trying to get through an honest day’s work. | 我想要认真工作一天 |
[16:32] | You missed a spot. | 有个地方你没冲到 |
[16:33] | I didn’t miss it. I just haven’t gotten to it yet. | 才怪 我只是还没有冲到那里 |
[16:37] | – You have a habit of doing that. – What’s that? | -你有那么做的习惯 -什么? |
[16:39] | Telling me I’m doing something wrong before I even do it. | 在我还没有做错事前 你会告诉我我错了 |
[16:42] | Well, that must be a little annoying. | 那一定很烦人 |
[16:45] | – I got a project for you. – Really. | -我要让你做一件事情 -真的 |
[16:47] | You can show the courage… | 你可以展现出大家在谈论的 |
[16:48] | …intellect and the leadership skills everyone talks about. | 勇气,聪明跟领导者技巧 |
[16:51] | I’m a little busy hosing down the boats. | 我忙着要做事 |
[16:53] | You know the women at this school are paid less than the men? | 你知道本校的女性员工 薪水比男性员工低吗? |
[16:56] | – Sorry? – The women are paid less than the men. | -你说什么? -女性员工薪水比男性员工低 |
[17:00] | – No, I didn’t know that. – Do you think your father does? | -不,我不知道 -你觉得你爸爸会那么做吗? |
[17:04] | The first reading will be from Mr. Charles Young… | 首先要致悼词的是 查理杨先生 |
[17:07] | …from the Book of Wisdom, Chapter Three. | 他要念智慧篇第三章 |
[17:19] | I’d like an opportunity to make my case. | 我要跟你说清楚 |
[17:21] | – What are you doing here? – Raising an issue. | -你在这里做什么? -跟你把事情说清楚 |
[17:23] | – You’ve been raising this issue all week. – It’s had quite an affect on you. | -你整星期都在谈这件事 -它对你造成很大的影响 |
[17:27] | – Don’t you have a husband? – What relevance does that have? | -你没有丈夫吗? -那有什么关系? |
[17:29] | Shouldn’t you go home when you’re done with work? | 你下班了 不该回家去吗? |
[17:32] | – Shouldn’t you mind your own business? – You’re minding everybody else’s… | -你应该别管其他人的闲事 -你在管其他人 |
[17:35] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[17:37] | My family doesn’t talk about money. | 我家人不谈钱的问题 |
[17:39] | – That’s because you have money. – Numbers. | -那是因为你们有钱 -请提出数据 |
[17:41] | – Excuse me? – If you want to convince me… | -你说什么? -如果你要说服我 |
[17:43] | …of something, show me numbers. | 请提出数据来 |
[17:48] | ” But the souls of the virtuous are in the hands of God. | “希望好心人的灵魂 能安息在上帝手中 |
[17:52] | No torment shall ever touch them. | 永远不会再受折磨 |
[17:55] | In the eyes of the unwise, they did appear to die, but they are at peace. | 在愚者的眼中 他们死了,但事实上他们是安息了 |
[18:01] | But though in the sight of others they were punished… | 虽然在其他人眼中 他们受到了惩罚 |
[18:03] | …their hope is full of immortality. “ | 事实上他们的希望充满了永恒” <新罕布夏> |
[18:14] | – Your car won’t start. – Yes. | -你的车子发不动 -对 |
[18:18] | – What’s wrong with it? – The starter motor or the fan belt. | -它怎么了? -可能是引擎或风扇皮带的问题 |
[18:21] | – Do you know anything about cars? – No. | -你懂车子吗? -不懂 |
[18:23] | – Then how do you know…? – Those are the two things I’ve heard of. | -那么你怎么知道? -我听过那两样东西 |
[18:28] | You fix your car and pretend you’re not listening. | 你修车 假装听不见我说话 |
[18:31] | I’m gonna stand here and talk, because I know you are. | 我会站在这里说话 因为我知道你听得见 |
[18:33] | – What could you possibly want? – I’ve got numbers. | -你到底想做什么? -我收集到数据了 |
[18:36] | There’s something abnormal about you. | 你真的很奇怪 |
[18:38] | Florence Chadwick’s been in the English Department 13 years. | 佛萝伦丝查威克 教英文有十三年了 |
[18:41] | She makes $5900 a year. | 她年薪是五千九百块 |
[18:43] | Mr. Hopkins has been here four years fewer and makes $7100. | 霍普金斯先生在这里待了 还不到四年,他拿七千一百块 |
[18:46] | – Is this the best time for this? – You don’t seem to be going anywhere. | -现在适合谈这件事吗? -你似乎哪里都去不了 |
[18:50] | A female cook makes $3200… | 女厨师拿三千两百块 |
[18:51] | …compared to a male electrician who makes $3900. | 相较于男电工 可以拿三千九百块 |
[18:55] | Where there is hatred, let us sow love. | 我们得用爱来消除恨 |
[18:58] | Where there is injury, harmony. | 用和谐来弥补伤痛 |
[19:01] | And where there is doubt, let there be faith in you. Amen. | 有疑问时我们会相信你 阿门 |
[19:46] | The chaplain makes $4100. The nurse makes $3100. | 牧师拿四千一百块 护士的年薪是三千一百块 |
[19:49] | Miss Mueller gets paid an additional $200 a year to conduct the choir and band. | 穆勒小姐因为指导乐队跟合唱团 每年多拿两百块的津贴 |
[19:53] | While Mr. Ryan gets paid an additional $400 a year to coach the rowing team. | 雷恩先生因为指导划船队 每年多拿四百块的津贴 |
[19:57] | – Crew. – What? | -是赛艇 -什么? |
[19:59] | It’s not rowing, it’s crew. | 不是划船队,是赛艇队 |
[20:00] | Florence is married with no dependents… | 佛萝伦丝结婚了,没有孩子 |
[20:03] | …and Mr. Hopkins has a family of four to support. | 霍普金斯先生 要养活一家四口 |
[20:05] | If we paid people according to how many children they had… | 如果我们根据一个人有几个孩子 付他薪水 |
[20:08] | …Malcolm the groundskeeper would get triple what the headmaster gets. | 清洁工麦卡伦的薪水 应该是校长的三倍 |
[20:11] | You know I’m right. You’ve known it since I brought it up. | 你知道我说的对 我第一次提起这件事时你就知道了 |
[20:15] | – What do you want me to do? – Bring it up with your father. | -你要我怎么做? -跟你爸提这件事 |
[20:18] | – I’m not a woman, and I don’t work here. – The women who do are afraid. | -我不是女人,我不在这里工作 -女员工都很害怕 |
[20:22] | If they bring it up, they’re afraid for their jobs. What are you afraid of? | 如果她们提起这件事,她们害怕 工作不保,你害怕什么? |
[20:27] | Why do you talk to me like this? | 你为什么要这样跟我说话? |
[20:29] | Because you never had a big sister and you need one. | 因为你没有姐姐 你需要一个姐姐 |
[20:35] | Look at you. You’re a boy king. | 看看你,你是个小王子 |
[20:39] | You’re a foot smarter than the smartest kids in the class. | 你比班上最聪明的学生 还要聪明 |
[20:42] | You’re blessed with inspiration. You must know this by now. | 你是个有天份的孩子 现在你一定知道这一点 |
[20:45] | You must have sensed it. | 你一定感觉到了 |
[20:48] | Look… | 听着 |
[20:50] | …if you think we’re wrong, if you think Mr. Hopkins… | 如果你觉得我们错了 如果你觉得霍普金斯先生 |
[20:53] | …should honestly get paid more than Mrs. Chadwick, then I respect that. | 拿的薪水应该比查威克太太多 我尊重你的看法 |
[20:58] | But if you think we’re right… | 但如果你认为我们是对的 |
[21:00] | …and you won’t speak up because you can’t be bothered… | 你不肯提这件事 因为你不想被麻烦 |
[21:02] | …then God, Jed, I don’t even want to know you. | 那么天啊,杰德 我甚至不想认识你 |
[21:05] | Come inside. I’ll call AAA. | 进去吧,我要打电话给美国汽车协会 |
[21:09] | Miss Mueller gets half as much to teach music as Ryan gets to coach crew? | 穆勒小姐教音乐的津贴 只有雷恩教赛艇队的一半? |
[21:17] | You’re gonna do it. | 你会那么做的 |
[21:18] | – I didn’t say that. – Yes, you did. | -我没有那么说 -不,你说了 |
[21:20] | You stuck your hands in your pockets, you looked away and smiled. | 你的手插在口袋里 看着远方微笑 |
[21:24] | – You made up your mind. – That doesn’t mean… | -你下定了决定 -那不表示 |
[21:27] | – Yes, it does. – I stuck my hands in my pockets. | -不,就是那样 -我的手插在口袋里 |
[21:29] | And looked away and smiled. | 看着远方微笑 |
[21:32] | We’re in. | 我们要开始了 |
[21:50] | It was a beautiful service, I thought. | 我想这是个很温馨的葬礼 |
[21:54] | – I thought it was a beautiful service. – Yeah. | -我想这是个很温馨的葬礼 -对 |
[22:00] | She was a real dame, old friend. A real broad. | 她是个真正的女士,我的好友 一位勇敢的女人 |
[22:04] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:06] | – We’ve gotta go to the office now, sir. – Yeah. | -我们得回办公室了,长官 -是的 |
[22:11] | We’ve got some decisions to make now. | 我们得做一些决定 |
[22:14] | – Leo, would you do me a favor? – Yeah. | -里奥,你能帮我一个忙吗? -是的 |
[22:16] | Would you ask the agents to seal the cathedral for a minute? | 你能请探员 暂时封锁教堂吗? |
[22:23] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[22:42] | You’re a son of a bitch, you know that? | 你是个大混蛋,你知道吗? |
[22:47] | She bought her first new car and you hit her with a drunk driver. What? | 她第一次买新车 你让酒醉驾车的人撞上她,什么? |
[22:52] | Was that supposed to be funny? | 那很好笑吗? |
[22:57] | “You can’t conceive, nor can I, the appalling strangeness… | “你无法想像,我也一样 上帝的仁慈 |
[23:01] | …of the mercy of God, ” says Graham Greene. | 是那么地奇怪” 葛拉罕格林说 |
[23:05] | I don’t know whose ass he was kissing there… | 我不知道 他在拍谁的马屁 |
[23:08] | …because I think you’re just vindictive. | 因为我认为你只是在报复 |
[23:11] | What was Josh Lyman, a warning shot? | 乔西赖曼的事是个警告吗? |
[23:16] | That was my son. | 他就跟我儿子一样 |
[23:18] | What did I ever do to yours, but praise his glory and praise his name? | 我对你什么都没做 我只会不断歌颂他的光荣跟名字 |
[23:26] | There’s a tropical storm that’s gaining speed and power. | 有一个热带风暴 速度跟威力都在增加中 |
[23:31] | We haven’t had a storm this bad since you took out… | 我们很久没有遇上这么强烈的 风暴,自从你 |
[23:33] | …that tender ship of mine in the North Atlantic last year, 68 crew. | 去年在北大西洋弄翻了我的工作船 导致六十八名船员死亡 |
[23:39] | You know what a tender ship does? It fixes the other ships. | 你知道工作船的任务是什么吗? 它负责修理其他的船 |
[23:45] | It doesn’t even carry guns. It just goes around and fixes the other ships… | 船上根本就没有枪 它负责修理其他的船 |
[23:48] | …and delivers the mail. That’s all it can do. | 及载送邮件 那就是它的工作 |
[23:56] | Yes, I lied. It was a sin. I’ve committed many sins. | 对,我说过谎,它是一项罪 我犯了许多罪 |
[24:00] | Have I displeased you, you feckless thug? | 我惹火了你吗? 你这个大混蛋 |
[24:03] | 3.8 million new jobs, that wasn’t good? | 三百八十万份新工作 那还不够好吗? |
[24:07] | Bailed out Mexico. Increased foreign trade. | 我援助墨西哥 增加对外贸易 |
[24:10] | Thirty million new acres of land for conservation. | 三千万英亩的新土地 被划成保育区 |
[24:13] | Put Mendoza on the bench. | 我审判曼多兹 |
[24:15] | We’re not fighting a war. I’ve raised three children. | 我们没有开战 我养大了三个孩子 |
[24:19] | That’s not enough to buy me out of the doghouse? | 那还不够你帮我这个小忙吗? |
[25:02] | You get Hoynes. | 何尼斯是你的了 |
[25:27] | – We’ll call them answer A and answer B. – Yeah. | -我们将它们分为A跟B -对 |
[25:31] | ” Mr. President, does this mean you won’t be seeking a second term? “ | “总统先生,这表示 你不寻求连任吗?” |
[25:34] | Answer A is, “You bet, I will absolutely be seeking a second term. | A是“才怪,我当然会寻求连任 |
[25:37] | I’m looking forward to the campaign. There is great work yet to be done. “ | 我期待竞选活动的来地 那是一份很棒的工作” |
[25:41] | – Yes. – Answer B…. | -对 |
[25:43] | “Are you out of your mind? I can’t win re-election. | “你疯了吗? 我无法成功连任 |
[25:46] | I lied about a degenerative illness. I’m the target of a grand jury investigation… | 我隐瞒自己得了衰退性疾病 我得面对大陪审团的调查 |
[25:49] | …and Congress is about to take me out to lunch. | 国会会约我吃午餐 |
[25:52] | I’d sooner have my family take their clothes off and dance… | 很快地我得要我的家人 脱掉衣服 |
[25:55] | …on the Truman Balcony than campaign with this around my neck. “ | 在杜鲁门阳台上跳舞 没办法参加竞选” |
[26:02] | – You think that’s too on the nose? – I do. | -你觉得他会那么做? -没错 |
[26:07] | – I want to bring it up again. – Why? | -我要再提起这件事 -为什么? |
[26:09] | Because I got shouted down three times… | 因为我连续三次 被命令闭嘴 |
[26:11] | …and I work here just like you do. Can I help you? | 我跟你们一样都在这里工作 我能帮你们吗? |
[26:17] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[26:22] | I think we have to explore ways of calling this off. | 我想我们得想出办法结束这件事 |
[26:24] | – Sam… – It might be a mistake to send him on… | -山姆 -或许这是个错误 |
[26:27] | …at a moment when we’re trying to demonstrate… | 我们在这个时候把他拉进来 而我们想要证明 |
[26:29] | We don’t know what they’re talking about! | 我们不知道 他们在说什么 |
[26:31] | We don’t know whether he’s running or not! | 我们不知道 他要不要参选 |
[26:33] | There are no ways. The story’s leaked. It’s out there, we’re doing this. | 我们没有办法,消息已经传了出来 大家都知道了,我们非这么做不可 |
[26:37] | Don’t worry, it’s gonna be fine. | 别担心,会没事的 |
[26:40] | They’re lighting him from outside the window. | 他们要从外面 帮他打光 |
[26:44] | Toby. | 托比 |
[26:45] | I have a meeting, believe it or not… | 我要开会,信不信由你 |
[26:48] | …with Greg Summerhays for reasons passing understanding. | 我要跟葛瑞格桑莫海耶见面 以建立共识 |
[27:00] | – Hello – Toby. | -哈�� -托比 |
[27:03] | – It’s good to see you. – How are you, Greg? | -很高兴见到你 -你好吗?葛瑞格 |
[27:06] | I was sorry about the president’s secretary. | 关于总统秘书的事 我很遗憾 |
[27:08] | – Thank you. – Did you know her well? | -谢谢你 -你跟她很熟吗? |
[27:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:15] | – Let me get to why I’m here. I want to… – You want to buy Atlantic Intermedia. | -我要告诉你我的来意,我要 -你买下了大西洋多媒体公司 |
[27:21] | – Yeah. – Greg, there’s a reason the FCC… | -对 -葛瑞格,联邦通信委员会规定 |
[27:23] | – I’m not here about the FCC. – Why are you here? | -我不是来谈联邦通信委员会的事 -你为什么在这里? |
[27:27] | I’m launching a 24-hour cable news channel. | 我要成立一个二十四小时的 新有线新闻频道 |
[27:30] | And I’m building it to compete. | 我打算将它投入竞争市场 |
[27:34] | And I’d like you to be the news director. | 我要你当新闻部负责人 |
[27:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:42] | Thanks for coming in. Excuse me. | 谢谢你赶过来,抱歉 |
[27:51] | – It was a nice service, don’t you think? – Yeah. Yeah, it was. | -这是个很棒的葬礼,你不觉得吗? -没错,你说的对 |
[27:56] | I’m gonna run across the street to the OEOB for a minute. | 我要到对街的 旧行政办公大楼去一下 |
[27:59] | The president’s still after information on the storm. | 总统还在盯风暴的消息 |
[28:02] | – I’m not sure why he’s got it in his teeth. – Yeah. | -我不知道他为什么要那么做 -对 |
[28:06] | Josh, can this really be how it works? We have no idea if he’s gonna run. | 乔西,真的是这样吗? 我们不知道他要不要参选 |
[28:10] | He’s in a room with Leo making a decision. | 他正跟里奥 在办公室里做决定 |
[28:13] | Two people in a matter of minutes? | 他们两个人要在片刻下决定? |
[28:15] | – This is how it works? – This is how it works today. | -是这样的吗? -今天是这样的 |
[28:21] | Josh Lyman. | 乔西赖曼办公室 |
[28:24] | It’s Leo. | 是里奥 |
[28:30] | – Hey, Toby. – Don’t anybody talk to me right now. | -嘿,托比 -现在谁都不要跟我说话 |
[28:34] | Josh, Greg Summerhays was here to offer me a job. | 乔西,葛瑞格桑莫海耶 来这里提供我一份工作 |
[28:38] | Leo got me a lifeboat. I’m gonna rip his arms off, and beat him… | 里奥帮我找了退路 我要扯掉他的手臂,痛打他 |
[28:41] | Toby, that was Leo. He wants us over there. | 托比,是里奥打来的电话 他要我们过去 |
[28:44] | It’s answer B. | 是B |
[29:02] | With the president and first lady having just concluded the interview… | 总统跟第一夫人 结束这次专访后 |
[29:06] | …President Bartlet is expected to be arriving… | 巴特勒总统将会抵达 |
[29:08] | …at the State Department for a press conference. | 国务院召开记者会 |
[29:11] | Typically, a press conference, particularly of this size… | 一般来说记者会 特别是这种规模的记者会 |
[29:14] | …would be held in the East Room of the White House… | 都会在白宫的东室举行 |
[29:16] | …but we’re told there are some repairs going on and so the change of venue. | 但我们听说该处正在做维修 所以他们更换了地点 |
[29:20] | Chris Watson, can you tell us what we might expect to hear… | 克里斯华特森 你能告诉我们再过几分钟 |
[29:23] | …from the president in a few minutes? | 我们会听见总统说什么吗? |
[29:26] | Wait, all right. Our apologies, we’ll have Chris in a moment. | 等一下,好吧,抱歉 我们会马上再跟克里斯做连线 |
[29:29] | Why don’t you sit in here for a few minutes. | 你为什么 不先坐一下子? |
[29:32] | I’m gonna get C.J. You two do a last-minute review. | 我得联络茜洁 你们两个做一下最后的确认 |
[29:35] | – I’m fine. – I’m gonna get C.J. | -我很好 -我去联络茜洁 |
[29:38] | – Yeah. – Sit here. | -好的 -坐吧 |
[29:40] | Close your eyes a few minutes. | 闭上眼睛休息一下 |
[29:43] | – Charlie will get you when we’re ready. – Yeah. | -准备好时查理会来叫你 -好的 |
[29:48] | A couple of years ago I began experiencing… | 几年前 我开始出现 |
[29:50] | …blurred vision and numbness in my legs. | 视力模糊 跟腿部麻木的情况 |
[29:53] | Two years and many tests later… | 两年内我做了很多检查 |
[29:55] | …I was diagnosed with a course of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. | 我被诊断患有 多发性硬化症 |
[30:00] | That startling admission made just moments ago from… | 我发现这个惊人的事实后 不久 |
[30:03] | – Toby. – Yeah. | -托比 -是的 |
[30:04] | – Where’s C.J.? – She ran back to her office. | -茜洁在哪里? -她回办公室了 |
[30:09] | They’re gonna run this clip forever. | 他们会不断重播这个片段 |
[30:12] | No, we’re about to give them clips to beat it. | 不,我们会给他们 更大条的新闻 |
[30:19] | Leo, you got me a lifeboat? | 里奥,你帮我找了退路? |
[30:24] | – Greg Summerhays. – Yeah. | -葛瑞格桑莫海耶 -对 |
[30:28] | Yeah, I got you a lifeboat. | 对,我帮你找了退路 |
[30:34] | Did you imagine that there were any circumstances… | 你认为 会发生什么事 |
[30:36] | …under which I would use it? | 让我用得到它吗? |
[30:39] | – No. – Then why? | -不 -你为什么要那么做? |
[30:43] | To show him that. | 为了给他好看 |
[30:51] | C.J. ‘s in her office? | 茜洁在她的办公室里吗? |
[30:53] | You think he’s gonna change his mind, don’t you? | 你认为 他会改变心意,对吧? |
[31:00] | You think he’s gonna run. | 你认为他会参选? |
[31:06] | C.J. ‘s in her office? | 茜洁在她的办公室里吗? |
[31:12] | Yeah. | 对 |
[31:24] | Yeah. | 什么事? |
[31:27] | – You wanted to see Donna Moss? – Yeah. | -你想见唐娜摩斯? -对 |
[31:33] | – Good evening, sir. – How are you? | -晚安,长官 -你好吗? |
[31:35] | Fine, sir. We all thought you did very well. | 我很好,长官 我们都觉得你表现的很好 |
[31:37] | – That was the easy part. – It didn’t look that easy. | -那个部份很容易 -它看起来一点都不容易 |
[31:40] | Talk about the weather. | 我们来谈谈天气吧 |
[31:45] | A tropical storm is a cyclone in which the maximum sustained surface speed… | 热带风暴是个气旋 它的最大表面风速 |
[31:48] | …of the wind is 34 nautical miles per hour. | 是每小时 三十四海里 |
[31:51] | – There’s a tropical storm season, right? – Yes, it’s June 1 to November 30. | -热带风暴有季节性,对吧? -对,从六月一日到十一日三十日 |
[31:56] | Okay. And how many times, say, in the last 100 years… | 好吧,过去一百年来 有多少次 |
[31:59] | …has a tropical storm come up the Atlantic seaboard… | 热带风暴会在五月中 侵袭大西洋海岸 |
[32:02] | …to Washington in the middle of May? | 到华盛顿? |
[32:04] | According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration… | 根据国家海洋 及大气管理局的记录 |
[32:07] | – … it hasn’t happened in a century. – At all? | -百年来从来没有这种情况 -一次都没有? |
[32:10] | No, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[32:11] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[32:15] | – Excuse me, sir. – Yeah. Thanks, Donna. | -对不起,长官 -没关系,谢谢你,唐娜 |
[32:17] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢总统先生 |
[32:21] | According to the NOAA, the storm is a nonrecurring phenomenon… | 根据国家海洋大气管理局 这场风暴是天气异象 |
[32:25] | …which is science’s term for, “We don’t know what’s going on… | 那是科学性的术语 “我们不知道发生了什么事 |
[32:28] | …but we’re stocking up on canned goods. “ | 但我们要囤积罐头食物” |
[32:31] | I just wanted to review a few things. | 我只是想演练一些细节 |
[32:33] | Stuff you don’t think I’d remember from an hour ago? | 一小时前你就觉得 我不会记住的事? |
[32:36] | Take the first question from Lawrence Altman… | 首先让罗伦斯亚特曼发问 |
[32:38] | …The Times chief medical correspondent. | 他是纽约时报采访组主任 |
[32:40] | – Why? – If you call on anyone else… | -为什么? -如果你点名其他人 |
[32:42] | …the first question will be about re-election. | 第一个问题 会跟竞选连任有关 |
[32:44] | Calling Altman, it will be a medical question and he’ll have follow-ups. | 点名亚特曼,他会问医学问题 他会提出后续问题 |
[32:48] | It’ll allow you to feel comfortable before you start with the political mess. | 这能让你先放轻松 再来面对政治问题 |
[32:52] | Altman will be in the front row, first seat on your right. | 亚特曼会坐在第一排 你右手边的第一个位置 |
[32:58] | – Mr. President? – Yeah? | -总统先生 -什么事? |
[33:00] | – Where’s Altman gonna be? – C.J…. | -亚特曼会坐在哪里? -茜洁 |
[33:02] | I’m going there right now. This is the last time I’m gonna see you. | 我现在得赶过去 这是我最后一次跟你见面 |
[33:05] | – Please… – Front row, first seat on the right. | -拜托 -第一排右边第一个位置 |
[33:07] | Whose right? | 谁的右边? |
[33:10] | My right. | 我的右边 |
[33:11] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,长官 |
[33:24] | Come in. | 请进 |
[33:29] | ” If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you’ll never learn. “ | “如果你隐藏你的无知 没有人会打你,你永远都学不会” |
[33:32] | Is this your quote? | 那是你的引言? |
[33:35] | Dad, I wanted to mention something to you regarding salary equity. | 爸,我想跟你谈谈 薪资平等的事 |
[33:38] | Is this your quote? | 这是你的引言? |
[33:40] | ” If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you’ll never learn. “ | “如果你隐藏你的无知 没有人会打你,你永远都学不会” |
[33:44] | It’s actually Ray Bradbury. | 事实上那是雷布莱德柏利的名言 |
[33:46] | – And you quoted Ray Bradbury? – Yes. | -你引述雷布莱德柏利的话? -对 |
[33:48] | In an article you and your friends wrote condemning Professor Loomis. | 你跟你的朋友在文章中 责备鲁米斯教授 |
[33:52] | For banning certain books from the library. | 因为他禁掉图书馆里一些书 |
[33:55] | – He’s a professor of literature. – He banned Henry Miller… | -他是文学系教授 -他禁掉亨利米勒 |
[33:58] | …D. H. Lawrence and Giovanni’s Room. It’s too homosexual. | 《劳罗斯》跟《乔凡尼的房间》 因为书里描述同性恋 |
[34:00] | Stop it. You’re a guest at this school. | 住口 你是这间学校的客人 |
[34:03] | I’m a student. He banned Fahrenheit 451, which is about banning books. | 我是学生,他禁掉了《华氏四百 五十一度》,因为书里描述禁书 |
[34:07] | Was that supposed to be funny? | 那很好笑吗? |
[34:09] | That wordplay that you just did, was that meant to be funny? | 你刚刚说的那些很好笑吗? |
[34:12] | No, that was supposed… | 不,那是 |
[34:19] | Was there anything else? | 还有别的事吗? |
[34:23] | – It’s not a nondenominational service. – Don’t start with this. | -那不是非宗教仪式 -别闹了 |
[34:28] | Catholics don’t believe man is saved through faith alone. | 天主教徒不相信 人光靠信念可以得救 |
[34:31] | Catholics believe faith has to be joined with good works. | 天主教徒相信 除了信念还要努力工作 |
[34:33] | You’re the only one who minds the service. | 你是唯一在乎仪式的人 |
[34:36] | – I’m the only one who’s Catholic. – You’re Catholic because… | -我是唯一的天主教徒 -你是天主教徒,因为 |
[34:39] | …your mother is and you’re at this school because I’m the headmaster. | 你妈妈是天主教徒 你念这间学校,因为我是校长 |
[34:42] | How’s that for clever with words? | 我这么说很有趣吧? |
[34:47] | Now, what was it you came in here to talk to me about? | 好了,你到这里来 要跟我谈什么? |
[34:53] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[34:56] | Please close the door behind you. | 别忘了把门关上 |
[35:18] | Damn it! Mrs. Landingham! | 该死,蓝丁汉太太 |
[35:32] | I really wish you wouldn’t shout, Mr. President. | 我真的希望你不要大叫 总统先生 |
[35:42] | The door keeps blowing open. | 门一直被吹开 |
[35:44] | Yes, but there’s an intercom, and you could use it to call me at my desk. | 对,但房间里有对讲机 你可以用它来叫我 |
[35:48] | – I was… – You don’t know how to use it. | -我 -你不会使用它 |
[35:51] | It’s not that I don’t know how to use it. It’s just that I haven’t learned yet. | 我不是不会使用它 我是还没有学会 |
[36:00] | I have MS, and I didn’t tell anybody. | 我得了多发性硬化症 我没有告诉任何人 |
[36:04] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:07] | – So you’re having a little bit of a day. – You gonna make jokes? | -今天你有点烦 -你要开玩笑吗? |
[36:10] | God doesn’t make cars crash and you know it. | 上帝不会安排车祸发生 你知道的 |
[36:13] | Stop using me as an excuse. | 别再拿我当借口 |
[36:16] | The party’s not gonna want me to run. | 党不要我出马竞选 |
[36:19] | The party will come back. You’ll get them back. | 党会回心转意 你会让他们回心转意 |
[36:21] | I got a secret for you, Mrs. Landingham. | 我要告诉你一个秘密 蓝丁汉太太 |
[36:24] | I’ve never been the most popular guy in the Democratic Party. | 我一直不是民主党里 最受欢迎的人 |
[36:29] | I’ve got a secret for you, Mr. President. | 我要告诉你一个秘密,总统先生 |
[36:32] | Your father was a prick who never got over the fact… | 你父亲是个混蛋 他一直无法释怀 |
[36:35] | …that he wasn’t as smart as his brothers. | 自己没有兄弟们 那么聪明的事实 |
[36:37] | Are you in a tough spot? Yes. Do I feel sorry for you? I do not. | 你情况很糟糕吗?对 我会可怜你吗?不会 |
[36:42] | Why? Because there are people way worse off than you. | 为什么? 因为比你惨的人多得是 |
[36:53] | Give me numbers. | 给我数据 |
[36:55] | I don’t know numbers. You give them to me. | 我不知道数据 你来给我数据吧 |
[36:59] | How about a child born in this minute… | 这一分钟出生的孩子 |
[37:01] | …has a one-in-five chance in being born into poverty. | 有五分之一的机率 会出生在穷人家呢? |
[37:04] | How many Americans lack health insurance? | 有多少美国人 没有健保呢? |
[37:06] | Forty-four million. | 四千四百万 |
[37:07] | What’s the number one cause of death for black men under 35? | 不满三十五岁的黑人年轻人 第一名的死因是什么? |
[37:10] | Homicide. | 凶杀 |
[37:12] | – How many Americans are behind bars? – Three million. | -有多少美国人正在坐牢? -三百万 |
[37:14] | – How many Americans are addicts? – Five million. | -有多少美国人有毒瘾? -五百万 |
[37:16] | – And one in five kids in poverty? – That’s 13 million American children. | -五分之一的孩子活在贫穷中? -一共是一千三百万名美国儿童 |
[37:20] | Three and a half million kids go to schools that are literally falling apart. | 三百五十万的孩子 进入根本就摇摇欲坠的学校就读 |
[37:26] | We need 127 billion in school construction… | 我们需要一千两百七十亿 来盖学校 |
[37:29] | …and we need it today. | 我们现在就要做 |
[37:32] | To say nothing of 53 people trapped in an embassy. | 更别说有五十三人 被困在使馆里 |
[37:35] | Yes. | 对 |
[37:41] | You know, if you don’t want to run again, I respect that. | 如果你不想竞选连任 我尊重你 |
[37:46] | But if you don’t run because you think it’s gonna be too hard… | 但如果你不想参选 是因为你觉得太难 |
[37:50] | …or you think you’re gonna lose… | 或是你觉得你会输 |
[37:52] | …well, God, Jed, I don’t even wanna know you. | 天啊,杰德 我甚至不想认识你 |
[38:26] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[38:31] | Mr. President, it’s time. | 总统先生,时候到了 |
[39:31] | And he’ll be speaking to that just as soon as he gets here. | 他一到这里就会发言 |
[39:36] | Frank, then Leslie. | 法兰克,然后是莱丝莉 |
[39:50] | Has there been any discussion of a special prosecutor? | 你们讨论过特别检察官吗? |
[39:53] | Tomorrow morning the president will direct the attorney general… | 明天早上 总统会命令检察长 |
[39:57] | …to appoint a special prosecutor, yes. | 任命特别检察官,是的 |
[39:59] | I can’t see. Joan. | 我看不到,琼安 |
[40:13] | A list of three prosecutors is given to a three-judge panel. | 清单上会列入三位检查官 交由三位法官来决定 |
[40:18] | The prosecutors, as well as the judges… | 检察官跟法官 |
[40:20] | …were all appointed by Republican presidents. | 都会由共和党领袖来指定 |
[40:27] | Please, I can only answer 14 or 15 questions at once. Hal. | 拜托,我一次只能回答 十四到十五个问题,赫尔 |
[40:49] | I can’t comment on a witness list that doesn’t exist… | 我无法评论 不存在的证人名单 |
[40:52] | …but I imagine subpoenas will be issued… | 但我想大部份的 白宫资深幕僚 |
[40:54] | …to most senior White House staff, including myself. | 都会接到传票 包括我自己 |
[41:42] | Again, I can’t comment on what kind of hearings Congress has in mind. | 我要再度声明我无法评论 国会打算进行何种听证会 |
[41:46] | I’m sure there’ll be one, but you’d have to talk to Congress. | 我相信一定会有听证会 但你们得跟国会谈 |
[41:50] | Okay. Here now, the president of the United States. | 好了,请欢迎 美国总统 |
[41:56] | Front row on your right. | 第一排你的右手边 |
[42:24] | Yes, Sandy. | 是的,珊蒂 |
[42:26] | Mr. President, can you tell us right now if you’ll be seeking a second term? | 总统先生,现在你能告诉我们 你是否寻求连任吗? |
[42:32] | I’m sorry, Sandy. | 抱歉,珊蒂 |
[42:33] | There was a bit of noise there. Could you repeat the question? | 这里太吵了 你能重覆一次吗? |
[42:37] | Can you tell us right now if you will be seeking a second term? | 现在你能告诉我们 你是否寻求连任吗? |
[42:54] | Watch this. | 快来看 |