时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | Most troubling is Haitian troops parked in front… | 最麻烦的是海地军队驻营在 |
[00:10] | …of every police station in Port-au-Prince. | 太子港的每一间警察局前面 |
[00:13] | If they take the embassy, how will we know? | 如果他们拿下大使馆? 我们怎么知道? |
[00:15] | They’re taking the embassy. | 他们正在进攻大使馆 |
[00:16] | – Mrs. Landingham was driving back here. – Is she all right? | -蓝丁汉夫人已驾车离开 -她还好吗? |
[00:19] | No. She’s dead. | 不,她死了 |
[00:21] | Ten years ago the president was diagnosed with MS. | 10年前总统曾被诊断出 患有多重性硬化症 |
[00:24] | He concealed it during election, but we’re going public… | 他在竞选时极力隐瞒 但我们要在一场 |
[00:27] | …with an interview and press conference. | 访谈与记者招待会中 公布此事 |
[00:29] | Is the president gonna run for re-election? | 总统会竞选连任吗? |
[00:31] | There’s gonna be a press conference tonight. | 今晚会有一场记者招待会 |
[00:34] | I’d watch. | 我会看 |
[00:36] | Please! I can only answer 14 or 15 questions at once. | 我一次只能回答 14到15个问题 剧名:曼彻斯特 第一部 |
[00:41] | Has there been discussion of a special prosecutor? | 是否已有特定的检察官人选? |
[00:44] | Tomorrow the president will direct the Attorney General… | 明天总统将会同司法部长 |
[00:47] | …to appoint a special prosecutor. Yes. | 指派特定检察官没错 |
[00:49] | – I can’t see. Joan? – Can you tell us how that will work? | -我看不到,琼安? -请问如何指派? |
[00:52] | A list of three prosecutors is given to a three-judge panel. | 3位检察官的名单将交给 一个3人法官小组 |
[00:56] | The prosecutors as well as the judges were all appointed… | 检察官与法官均由 |
[00:59] | …by Republican presidents. | 共和党总统指定 |
[01:01] | – How soon until witnesses are called? – I don’t know. | -证人将何时被传唤? -我不知道 |
[01:04] | Any idea who will be on the witness list? | 有哪些人在证人名单上? |
[01:06] | I can’t comment on a witness list that doesn’t exist. | 我无法对不存在的名单发表评论 |
[01:08] | I imagine subpoenas will be issued to most senior White House staff… | 我臆测大多数白宫资深幕僚 都会收到传唤单 |
[01:12] | …including myself. – C.J.! | -包括我自己 -茜洁! |
[01:14] | – What about Congress? – I’m sorry? | -国会呢? -请再说一次? |
[01:16] | – Will Congress hold hearings? – I’d imagine. | -国会是否会举办公听会? -我相信会 |
[01:18] | – Which committee will have jurisdiction… – I can’t comment on what hearings… | -哪个委员会拥有审判权 -我无法对国会 |
[01:22] | …Congress has in mind. There will be one, but you have to talk to Congress. | 将举办的公听会发表评论 会有公听会,但你必须问国会 |
[01:27] | Okay. Here now, the president of the United States. | 好的,接下来 美国总统 |
[01:33] | Front row on your right. | 你右边前排 |
[01:42] | Yes, Sandy. | 是的,珊蒂 |
[01:45] | Mr. President, can you tell us right now if you’ll be seeking a second term? | 总统先生可以请您告诉我们 您是否竞选下一任总统? |
[01:49] | I’m sorry, there was a little bit of noise there. Can you repeat the question? | 抱歉这里有点吵 麻烦你再问一次好吗? |
[01:53] | Yes, sir. Can you tell us right now if you’ll be seeking a second term? | 好的可以请您告诉我们 您是否竞选下一任总统? |
[02:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:13] | And I’m going to win. | 而且我会获胜 |
[02:18] | C.J. | 茜洁 |
[02:24] | C.J. | 茜洁 |
[02:28] | C.J. | 茜洁 |
[02:30] | Yeah. | 什么事 |
[02:32] | – We’re here. – Oh, yeah, thank you. Thanks. | -我们到了 -谢谢 (四周后) (安德鲁空军基地) |
[03:00] | – Mr. President. – Bruno. | -总统先生 -布鲁诺 |
[03:01] | – I got a new section that I’d like you to… – Give it to Leo. | -我有份新文件要请您 -拿给里奥 |
[03:06] | C.J. | 茜洁 |
[03:08] | The speech is written. They’re ironing a few things out. It’s written. | 演讲稿写好了 只是需要一点润饰 |
[03:11] | – I’m not talking about the speech. – What? | -我不是在说讲稿的事 -什么? |
[03:13] | I got a source that says the FDA’s gonna pull the trigger on mifepristone. | 我得到消息来源指出 食品药物管理局要通过美服培酮 |
[03:17] | – Mifepristone is? – RU-486. | -美服培酮是什么? -RU-486避孕药 |
[03:18] | The FDA is an independent agency. I could get in trouble for knowing this. | 食品药物管理局是独立机构 我如果知道这件事会引来麻烦 |
[03:22] | No, it’s nonproprietary information… | 不这是非业主资讯 |
[03:24] | …delivered by a nongovernmental person. You’re fine. | 由非政府人员提供 你没问题 |
[03:27] | I’ll ask one of my 14 lawyers about that. When are they gonna announce? | 我会谘询我的14人律师团 他们何时公布? |
[03:31] | That’s the thing. They’re doing it on Monday. | 他们要在周一公布 |
[03:34] | – Monday? – Right before his speech. | -周一? -就在总统演讲前 |
[03:38] | Okay, thanks. | 好的,谢谢 |
[03:41] | C.J.! There are now seven different drafts of the speech. | 茜洁! 我们有7份不同的讲稿草稿 |
[03:45] | The president likes none of them. | 总统一个也不喜欢 |
[03:47] | Toby and Doug can’t get together. Sam and Doug can’t get together. | 托比跟道格意见不合 山姆跟道格意见不合 |
[03:50] | Leo and Bruno can’t get together. | 里奥跟布鲁诺意见不合 |
[03:52] | – I gotta talk to you… – If anyone asks, the speech is done. | -我必须跟你谈谈 -如果有人问就说讲稿写好了 |
[03:55] | That’s what I’ve been saying. Listen. | 我就是这个意思,听着 |
[03:57] | Come here. | 过来 |
[04:01] | Paulson got it from a source, the FDA is signing off on RU-486. | 宾森得到一项消息 食品药物管理局要通过RU-486 |
[04:06] | – When are they going to announce? – On Monday. | -他们何时公布? -周一 |
[04:08] | Come on! You didn’t take care of this? | 拜托!你没把事情处理好? |
[04:11] | I told all departments, no news on Monday. We get the cycle to ourselves. | 我已通知各部门周一不准有新闻 但只有自己人知道 |
[04:15] | FDA’s an independent agency. | 食品药物管理局是独立机构 |
[04:16] | We’re kicking off our campaign on the same day… | 我们同一天就要开始 进行竞选活动了 |
[04:19] | – Yeah. – Perfect. | -没错 -太棒了 |
[04:20] | – I’m sorry, but… – I’m also not wild… | -我很抱歉,但是 -而且我一点也不喜欢 |
[04:22] | …about pictures of him on the plane without his wife. | 他身边没有第一夫人 自己下飞机的新闻照片 |
[04:25] | – I can’t generate images of her. – She’s getting in in the morning? | -我不能用电脑弄来她的影像 -她早上会进来吗? |
[04:28] | – We’ll do some pictures. – I’ll call Gail Trent, confirm this thing. | -我们会提供照片 -我会联络盖儿川特确定这件事 |
[04:32] | – Maybe we want to postpone. – Why? | -也许我们需要延期 -为什么? |
[04:35] | I don’t know, he’s got laryngitis or something. | 我不知道 他得了喉炎还是什么的 |
[04:40] | C.J. | 茜洁 |
[04:42] | Anybody asks, the speech is done. We’re putting… | 如果有人问,讲稿写好了 只是要 |
[04:44] | – Yeah. What’s Toby’s problem with me? – What do you mean? | -好,托比对我有意见吗? -什么意思? |
[04:47] | He’s got a problem with me. I’d like to understand it. | 他对我有意见 我想知道是什么 |
[04:50] | – I wouldn’t worry about it. – I do worry. | -我一点也不担心 -我很担心 |
[04:52] | I have a job to do. He’s making it harder. | 我有工作要做 他却一直扯我后腿 |
[04:54] | I don’t… Connie? | 我不 康妮? |
[04:56] | The place has a communications center… | 那地方有通讯中心 |
[04:58] | …conference room, an operating room, offices and an apartment. | 会议厅、手术室 办公室跟一套房间 |
[05:01] | This is a nice ride. | 这趟旅程真棒 |
[05:02] | Yes. If anyone asks, the speech is done, they’re putting finishing touches on it. | 如果有人问起,讲稿写好了 只是要再润饰一下 |
[05:06] | – Yeah. – Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢你 |
[05:08] | M&M’s with the seal of the president. | 巧克力跟总统的印章放在一起 |
[05:13] | – C.J., when do we see an advance? – Very soon. | -茜洁,什么时候会有进展? -很快 |
[05:15] | – The speech’s done? – Done. They’re ironing a few things out. | -讲稿写好了? -写好了,只需要润饰一下 |
[05:18] | Toby and Sam have no problems with Bruno’s people? | 托比跟山姆对布鲁诺的人 没意见吧? |
[05:21] | Everybody’s getting along great, dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s. | 大家都处得很好 简单得很 |
[05:25] | This thing reads like an Andy Williams special! We’re starting over… | 这鬼东西简直像综艺秀! 拿张白纸来 |
[05:28] | …on a white piece of paper! – I’m gonna take my seat now. | -我们要从头开始! -我要回我的座位了 |
[05:33] | Good evening. From the flight deck, this is Lieutenant Colonel Gantry. | 各位晚安,驾驶舱广播 我是中校柯隆耐尔甘特瑞 |
[05:37] | We’re closing our cabin doors… | 我们即将关闭机舱门 |
[05:38] | … and we ask that you be seated in preparation for takeoff. | 请各位务必坐好 准备起飞 |
[05:41] | We’ll be flying at a cruising altitude of 35,000 feet. | 我们将以3万5千尺高度飞行 |
[05:45] | Our flight path will take us over Hartford, Connecticut… | 将经过康�D狄克州的哈特福 |
[05:48] | … Greenfield, Massachusetts. | 麻州的葛林菲尔特 |
[05:49] | And our flight time to Pease Air Force Base, New Hampshire… | 到达新罕布夏的皮斯空军基地 |
[05:53] | … will be approximately one hour and 10 minutes. | 费时约1小时又10分钟 |
[05:56] | We anticipate a smooth flight. | 我们预计这趟旅程将十分顺畅 演出:罗伯洛 演出:施塔科钱宁 演出:杜希尔 |
[06:47] | Can you tell us right now if you’ll be seeking a second term? | 演出:艾莉森詹尼 演出:珍妮尔摩隆奈 演出:里察薛福 演出:约翰史宾塞 演出:布雷迪威佛德 |
[06:51] | Yeah. And I’m going to win. | 演出:马丁辛 片名:白宫风云 您能告诉我们 您是否竞选连任? 是的,而且我会获胜 |
[06:55] | That announcement coming about 15 minutes ago… | 这项声明在15分钟前发布 |
[06:57] | … was made on the heels of the president’s stunning disclosure… | 就在总统惊人的健康状况 发布前 |
[07:09] | – Abbey? – Jed? | -艾碧? -杰德? |
[07:12] | – Listen. – You missed it. It was incredible. | -听着 -你错过了,真是太惊人了 |
[07:15] | – Look… – All over the news. | -听好 -新闻一直在报 |
[07:16] | – Abbey… – This crazy man… | -听好 -新闻一直在报 -艾碧 -这个疯子 |
[07:18] | …got up in front of millions of people and screwed his wife. | -艾碧 -这个疯子 在上百万人面前 搞他的老婆 |
[07:21] | That’s funny, because that’s sort of what I did. | 真好笑 跟我做的事有点像 |
[07:25] | You can’t think this is funny. | 这种事一点也不好笑 |
[07:26] | – I don’t. – You can’t think this is a joke. | -我没笑 -你不拿把它当笑话 |
[07:29] | I don’t. I swear. | 我没有,我发誓 |
[07:32] | – There are ways of getting out of this. – Yeah? | -有办法脱离这种窘境 -是吗? |
[07:35] | You buried Dolores Landingham this afternoon. | 你今天下午 参加桃乐丝蓝丁汉的葬礼 |
[07:37] | – You couldn’t be expected to make… – Are you gonna…? | -你总不能以为 -你该不是要? |
[07:40] | Let time go by, a few weeks. | 让时间过去几个礼拜 |
[07:41] | Say you’ve consulted with your doctors, your family… | 让时间过去几个礼拜 就说你已经跟家庭医师 家人讨论过 |
[07:45] | …which, amazingly, people would believe. | 神奇的是人们都会相信 |
[07:47] | – And then you say you decided… – I’m running again, Abbey. | -然后你再公布你决定 |
[07:54] | Yeah? | -我要竞选连任,艾碧 是吗? |
[07:57] | – Look, I have a lot to say. – You and me both. | -听着,我有很多话要说 |
[08:02] | Go ahead. | -我们两个都是 说吧 |
[08:04] | – What? – Say what you have to say. | -什么? -说你想说的事 |
[08:06] | No. I have to go down. | 不了,我得下去一趟 |
[08:08] | They’re gonna brief me on an evacuation plan for Haiti. | 待会有场从海地撤退的简报 |
[08:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:13] | You gonna be up later? | 你等下会醒着吗? |
[08:15] | When? | 何时? |
[08:17] | Probably 3 or 4. | 何时? 大概3、4点 |
[08:18] | Am I usually up at 3 or 4 in the morning? | 我通常凌晨3、4点会醒着吗? |
[08:22] | Not usually. | 不常 |
[08:23] | Then let’s assume I won’t be tonight. | 不常 那就假设我今晚不会醒着吧 |
[08:40] | Donna! | 制片:亚力克葛拉夫斯 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[08:41] | – Where you been? – Motorcade left without me. | 唐娜! -你去哪儿了? |
[08:44] | – I drove back with Ed and Larry. – They couldn’t drive faster? | -车队把我丢下就走了 -我跟艾德、赖瑞开车回来的 -就不能开快一点吗? |
[08:47] | Not faster than a presidential motorcade. | 可不能快过总统的车队 |
[08:49] | Set up a conference call so Cabinet Affairs can brief. | 编剧:艾伦索金 准备开视讯会议 |
[08:52] | – The subcabinet too? – Yeah, and congressional leaders. | 好让内阁事务委员做简报 -非正式顾问团也要吗? -要还有主要国会代表 |
[08:54] | – You ever seen anything like this? – No. | 导演:汤玛斯史兰姆 -你看过这种事吗? |
[08:56] | – I’m monumentally pumped. – Me too. | -没 -我快被榨干了 |
[08:58] | Set up the calls, would you? | -我也是 准备视讯会议快点好吗? |
[09:06] | – Toby? – Leo’s gotta cancel the public schedule. | -托比? -里奥要取消公开行程 |
[09:10] | – Done. – You’re talking to Cabinet Affairs? | -取消了 -你会跟内阁事务委员谈吗? |
[09:12] | Donna’s setting it up. Why aren’t you smiling? | 唐娜正在准备 你为什么在微笑? |
[09:15] | – Because I’m wet. – I’m wet and I’m smiling. | -因为我淋湿了 -我湿了,而且在微笑 |
[09:17] | I’m smiling on the inside. Ginger? | 我在内心微笑,金洁? |
[09:19] | Public Liaison wrote up talking points two hours ago. | 公众联络处在2小时前 把演说重点拟好了 |
[09:21] | – They’re no good anymore. – When will we get new ones? | -他们越来越没用了 -何时更新? |
[09:24] | – Public Liaison? Half an hour. – Fifteen minutes. | -公众联络处?每半小时 |
[09:27] | Call the network. Get one of our people on every single broadcast tonight. | -15分钟 联络电视台今晚每一个电台 |
[09:31] | Okay, let’s try not to do that a lot. | 都派我们的人去 |
[09:34] | – Why isn’t he smiling? – On the inside. | 好,但不要做得太过分了 -为什么他没在笑? |
[09:36] | Round up medical experts for morning shows and divvy up columnists. | -他在心里笑 |
[09:39] | Nancy? | 拉拢早晨节目的所有医学专家 还有安抚专栏作家 |
[09:41] | – Need C.J. as soon as she’s free. – She’ll be down there for hours. | 南西? -茜洁一有空就请她过来 -她会忙上好几个小时 |
[09:44] | – She’s surrounded. – Get her on the phone. | -她会被团团围住 |
[09:46] | – And I need Oliver Babish. – You gonna put him in the briefing room? | -叫她来听电话 |
[09:50] | Send a message we’re not worried about the legal side. | -我需要奥力佛巴比西 -你要他进简报室? |
[10:35] | What are you all looking at? | 把消息传出去 |
[10:38] | Good evening, Mr. President. | 我们不担心法律问题 |
[10:43] | What do you guys think the news is gonna lead with tomorrow? | 你们在看什么? 晚安,总统先生 |
[10:46] | Sir? | 你们觉得这则新闻 |
[10:50] | Yeah. | 会带来什么效应? |
[10:58] | – Haiti? – Yeah. | 长官? 什么事? |
[11:00] | All right. Don’t worry about Haiti. | -海地? |
[11:03] | Let’s do what we have to. | -对 |
[11:09] | Mike, is that four AV-8s? | 好了,别担心海地 做我们该做的事 |
[11:11] | Yeah. And four AH-1 s. | 麦克那是4架鹞式战斗机吗? 对还有4架眼镜蛇直升机 |
[11:13] | – Good evening. – Good evening, Mr. President. | -晚安 -晚安,总统先生 |
[11:15] | Mr. President, this is Operation Swift Fury. | 总统先生 这是“迅雷行动” |
[11:18] | We deploy a landing ship helicopter assault… | 我们已经部署了登陆舰 以直升机突袭 |
[11:20] | …to evacuate both the Americans and Dessaline. | 同时撤退美国人跟戴沙林 |
[11:23] | What’s in the LHA? | 登陆舰上有什么? |
[11:24] | Four CH-53E’s with 35 troops for combat support… | 登陆舰上有什么? 4架多用途直升机与35连军队 支援战役 |
[11:28] | …and eight CH-46 helicopters. | 还有8架CH-46直升机 |
[11:30] | – That’s for cargo and ammunition? – Yeah. We also have four Cobras… | -载运货物与火药? -对,还有4架眼镜蛇直升机 |
[11:34] | …two Hueys for command and control, and four Harriers. | 2架战机用于制空 还有4架猎鹰战斗机 |
[11:37] | – Where do you launch? – A soccer stadium there. | -在哪里降落? -当地的足球场 |
[11:39] | – Le Stade Alain Toussaint. – It’s a quarter-mile from the embassy. | -拉斯德亚兰土桑 -离大使馆四分之一里 |
[11:42] | So these helicopters land on the roof and… | 这些直升机会降落在屋顶 |
[11:44] | Take the Americans and Dessaline to the Enterprise. | 把美国人跟戴沙林 接往企业号 |
[11:47] | Code word”Paris” for the operation. | 此次任务代码为“巴黎” |
[11:49] | What are the possibilities of civilian casualties? | 海地平民死伤的可能性是多少? |
[11:51] | A curfew’s been imposed, the Signal Intelligence flights say… | 已实施宵禁 讯号情报飞机报告 |
[11:55] | …there aren’t civilians within 2 blocks. – How long do I have? | -2条街以内没有平民 -我们还有多少时间? |
[11:58] | – Paris will be in place in two hours, sir. – Okay. Thank you. | -巴黎将在2小时后开始,长官 -好的,谢谢你 |
[12:03] | – Mr. President. – Yeah? | -总统先生 |
[12:27] | Hey, redheaded girl. | -什么事? |
[12:30] | Margaret. | 红发女孩 |
[12:31] | Okay. I need to see him. | 我叫玛格丽特 好吧,我要见他 |
[12:33] | He’s in his cabin. You can go back. | 他在办公室里 你可以走回去 |
[12:42] | Yeah. | 进来 |
[12:45] | – Listen… – Bruno… | -听着 -布鲁诺 |
[12:46] | – Look… – Hang on. | -听着 -布鲁诺 -听好 -等等 |
[12:47] | No, I won’t hang on. Who told Doug to write a draft? | -听好 -等等 不,我不要等 谁告诉道格再写一份草稿? |
[12:50] | – This was simply in order… – Who told him…? | -这只是为了 -谁告诉他的? |
[12:52] | – I told him. – It’s got an apology. Also, it stinks. | -我告诉他的 -里面有道歉字眼而且烂毙了 |
[12:55] | Yeah. Okay, it lacks a certain… | 而且缺乏一种 |
[12:57] | – Quality? – Yeah. Doug isn’t here to write poetry. | -品质? -道格可不来这里写诗的 |
[13:00] | The purpose is to demonstrate that an apology can work. | 目的是要证明道歉有效 |
[13:03] | – He won’t apologize. – Why? | -他不会道歉的 -为什么? |
[13:04] | It’s his official campaign announcement, not Oprah. | -他不会道歉的 -为什么? 这是他的正式竞选声明 不是《欧普拉脱口秀》 |
[13:07] | – Doing Oprah wouldn’t kill him. – I believe it might. | -来点欧普拉也不会死人 -我相信会的 |
[13:10] | In four weeks… | 在4周之内 |
[13:11] | In four weeks, he’s made a full disclosure of his health. | 在4周之内 在4周之内 他全面公开自己的健康情形 |
[13:14] | He has educated the public about MS. | 他已经教导大众认识 多重性硬化症很久了 |
[13:16] | He has done this every day. He has done everything… | 他每天都在做 他已经试过所有事 |
[13:19] | Except apologized. In four weeks, he has saved Haiti for democracy… | 除了道歉,在4周之内 他挽救了海地的民主宪政 |
[13:23] | …funded the Justice Department’s tobacco lawsuit… | 资助司法部的烟草诉讼 |
[13:26] | …watched the market rebound. He has done everything, but apologize. | 观察市场反弹 他做了所有事,除了道歉 |
[13:30] | You think he apologizes and his numbers go up? | 你认为只要他道歉 支持度就会上升? |
[13:32] | I think you brought me because they haven’t yet. | 我想你要我加入 就是因为数字没上升 |
[13:35] | – They have. – Two points in a month? | -有上升 -1个月上升2点? |
[13:37] | If he runs for re-election 27 years from now, he’s got a fighting chance. | 如果他27年前就开始竞选 现在才有机会获胜 |
[13:42] | I gotta make calls. Talk to me about this in town. | 我要打个电话 |
[13:54] | Ladies, gentlemen, Lieutenant Colonel Gantry. | 回去再跟我说 各位先生女士 |
[13:56] | We’re making our final approach to Pease Air Force Base. | 我是中校柯隆耐尔甘特瑞 |
[13:59] | If you’ll take your seats and fasten your seat belts. | 我们即将抵达皮斯空军基地 请坐在您的位置上 |
[14:01] | – Listen. – You should sit down. We’re landing. | 系紧安全带 |
[14:04] | – I talked to Gail Trent. – And? | -听着 -赶快坐下我们要降落了 |
[14:07] | She confirmed it. The FDA is going to announce. | -我跟盖儿川特谈过了 -然后呢? |
[14:09] | – On Monday. – Yeah. | 她已经证实了 食品药物管理局要公布 |
[14:11] | What were they talking about back there? | -周一? |
[14:13] | – Leo and Bruno? – Yeah. | -对 他们在办公室里谈什么? |
[14:14] | A lack of yeast in our numbers. | -里奥跟布鲁诺? |
[14:17] | “Yeast” is a fun word to say. | -对 |
[14:21] | I’m sorry I got in your face before. | 支持率没有上升 |
[14:23] | Our numbers are less than yeasty. | “上升”是个有趣的字眼 |
[14:26] | They are. | 很抱歉我之前跟你争论 我们的支持率不太乐观 |
[14:30] | We need a new poll in the field right now. | 没错 我们需要做一次新的民调 |
[14:32] | – Yes. I’ll tell you why. – Because the first one was bogus. | -对,我会告诉你原因 -因为第一份不正确 |
[14:35] | Totally. I’ll tell you why. | 没错,我告诉你原因 |
[14:36] | 1170 voters in one industrial state isn’t representative of the country. | 没错,我告诉你原因 工业州的1170位选民 |
[14:40] | Plus, people respond differently to voting out a governor versus a president. | 不能代表整个国家 而且人们对选州长的反应 跟选总统是不一样的 |
[14:44] | Governors are expendable. If the country’s on track… | 州长可以换 如果国家上轨道 |
[14:47] | …they want to keep the president… – In charge, if at all possible. | -人民就会希望总统 -继续做,如果可能的话 |
[14:50] | – Bartlet’s always scored… – High in trustworthy. | -巴特勒的可信度 -一直都很高 |
[14:53] | So he has a shield against character attacks? | 所以他很能抵抗人格攻击? |
[14:56] | Yes. Not to mention, the information presented during the interview… | 对,而且在访谈中 提供的资讯 |
[14:59] | …informed the public MS isn’t fatal. | 能教导大众 多重性硬化症不会致命 |
[15:01] | We need to put another poll in the field now. | 我们必须马上展开新民调 |
[15:04] | Thank you all for coming around to the self-evident point I made five minutes ago. | 感谢各位前来赞同 我5分钟前声明的明确论点 |
[15:09] | – We gotta put another poll in the field. – What happened? | -我们必须再做一次民调 -怎么了? |
[15:12] | – My ride left without me. – Mine too. I got a ride with Larry and Ed. | -我的车队丢下我 -我也是,我跟赖瑞一起回来 |
[15:16] | Yes. Didn’t you see me jumping up and down, waving my arms in the air? | 你们没看到我跳上跳下 在空中挥动双手吗? |
[15:21] | – I thought you were happy. – Me too. | -我以为你很高兴 -我也是 |
[15:22] | – You’re an idiot. – Which one of us are you talking to? | -你是个白痴 -你说我,还是他? |
[15:25] | Listen to me. He did incredibly well on TV tonight. | 听我说 他今晚在电视的表现太精采了 |
[15:28] | – We gotta put another poll in the field. – We know. | -我们必须再做一次民调 -我们知道 |
[15:32] | There’s a difference between a governor and a president. | 州长跟总统是不一样的 |
[15:35] | 1170 people in Michigan won’t give you a good sample. | 密西根州的1170位选民 不能提供好样本 |
[15:39] | – This is a lot like Dupont Circle. – We’re there already, Joe. | -好像杜邦环岛 -我们已经知道了 |
[15:44] | – I was stuck in the rain. – Put the poll in the field. | -我被困在大雨中 -必须做一场现场民调 |
[15:57] | The hotel is up on the right. | (新罕布夏州的曼彻斯特) 旅馆就在右前方 |
[16:00] | What’s mifepristone? | 什么是美服培酮? |
[16:02] | A pill that will abort a pregnancy up to 49 days. | 一种能在49天内 提供��胎效果的药 |
[16:04] | – Mifepristone is RU-486? – Yes. | -美服培酮就是RU-486? -对 |
[16:07] | – And the FDA’s approving it? – Yes. | -食品药物管理局要通过它? -对 |
[16:09] | Hallelujah! | 哈利路亚! |
[16:11] | See, I think you’re thinking somehow this pill means more sex for you. | 我猜你大概以为 这种药可以让你做更多爱 |
[16:15] | No. I’m thinking it’s a terrific medical advancement for women. | 不,我认为 这是女性医药的一大突破 |
[16:18] | – You didn’t think I’d be for it? – Of course you are. I’m for it. | -你不认为我会支持这件事? -你当然支持,我也支持 |
[16:22] | – Everybody’s for it, just not on Monday. – Why not? | -大家都支持,只是不能在周一 -为什么? |
[16:25] | It’ll get folded into our news cycle when we want it to ourselves. | 他的演说会被新闻带过 |
[16:29] | It gives pro-lifers something to scream about. | 让反��胎者有话可说 |
[16:31] | It’ll look like the campaign screwed up. | 让选战看起来一塌糊涂 |
[16:33] | The press will write a process story instead of about our issues. | 媒体会深入报导这件事 而忽略我们的诉求 |
[16:36] | – Isn’t this one of our issues? – Not on Monday. | -这不就是我们的诉求吗? -不能在周一 |
[16:39] | I’m checking in. | 我去办理住房 |
[16:41] | Sure, I’ll get the bags. | 没问题,我来拿行李 |
[16:49] | – What do you need? – Absolut martini on the rocks. | -你要喝什么? -加冰块的纯马丁尼 |
[16:52] | – Olives? – Thank you. | -橄榄? -谢谢 |
[16:53] | – Is it always this crowded? – Only when the circus is in town. | -这里一直这么热闹吗? -只有在马戏团来城里时 |
[16:57] | Toby Ziegler, what did you bring me? | 托比齐格,你带了什么给我? |
[16:59] | M&M’s from Air Force One, Lois. | 空军一号上的巧克力 |
[17:01] | Thank you. Jack Daniel’s. | 谢谢,威士忌吗? |
[17:03] | Yes, please. | 是的,谢谢 |
[17:08] | – Did you…? – I read it, yes. | -你已经? -我读过了,没错 |
[17:11] | It was to demonstrate that an apology can work. | 只是要证明道歉有效 |
[17:13] | He’s not gonna apologize. | 他不会道歉的 |
[17:17] | – What about the rest of the speech? – We’re starting over. | -讲稿的其他部分呢? -我们重新来过 |
[17:24] | Toby, if he doesn’t apologize on Monday… | 托比,如果他周一不道歉 |
[17:27] | …we’re going to spend the next 15 months being asked why. | 接下来的15个月 就会有人一直问为何不道歉 |
[17:30] | Then when he does, it’s gonna be because he had to. | 如果他到时才道歉 |
[17:33] | There are moments, and when they’re missed… | 就是被迫的了 有时候,当人们迷失时 |
[17:35] | – I’ve done this before. – Like Haiti. | -我做过这种事 -就像海地的事件 |
[17:38] | Don’t talk about military strategy in a conversation like this. | 别在这种对话中 谈军事策略 |
[17:41] | If the table had been set, he’d been able to invade… | 假设策略都定好了 他有能力侵略 |
[17:44] | You wanna speak up? I’m not sure the press corps heard you. | 你想说大声点吗? 我可不确定采访团听得见你 |
[17:47] | – Toby. Jack Daniel’s. – Thank you. | -托比,你的威士忌 |
[17:50] | You guys friends? | -谢谢 你们是朋友吗? |
[17:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:58] | – Is he in? – He’s waiting for you. | -他来了吗? -他正在等你 |
[18:02] | Joey’s putting a poll in the field in the morning. | 乔伊准备明晨展开新民调 |
[18:04] | Good. The first poll was bogus. 1170 people in Michigan can’t… | 很好,第一份民调是垃圾 密西根的1170位选民不能 |
[18:09] | – Leo, we’ve been through this. – All right. Well, good. | -里奥,我们讨论过了 -好,非常好 |
[18:12] | – Where’s the president? – In the residence. | -总统在哪里? -在官邸 |
[18:15] | How’s the first lady? | 第一夫人怎样? |
[18:17] | With everything on our plates… | 我们手上有这么多事 |
[18:18] | …we don’t need to be marriage counselors now. | 没必要再当人家的婚姻顾问 |
[18:21] | No, we should, because you and I would be really good at it. | 不,我们应该的 因为我们两个最在行 |
[18:24] | – Excuse me. – They’re ready? | -不好意思 -他们准备好了? |
[18:27] | – Here we go. – Cobra 2, copy. | -开始吧 -眼镜蛇2号收到 |
[18:30] | Cobra 2, what’s your position? | 眼镜蛇2号 你的位置如何? |
[18:33] | Raven, Cobra 1 is Charlie. | 老鹰,眼镜蛇1号就定位 |
[18:35] | Raven, Cobra 2 is Charlie. | 老鹰,眼镜蛇2号就定位 |
[18:37] | Copy. Cobra 1, Cobra 2, you are go for mission status. | 收到眼镜蛇1号、眼镜蛇2号 准备执行任务 |
[18:40] | We’ll hear Ratner from Port-au-Prince completing each operation phase. | 我们会听取太子港的雷特纳 报告各个任务阶段 |
[18:44] | – Where are we? – Both Cobras are in position. | -目前情况如何? -2架眼镜蛇战机已就定位 |
[18:47] | Raven, Dragon is Delta. | 老鹰,飞龙已就定位 |
[18:49] | Copy. Dragon, you are go for Operation Swift Fury. | 收到飞龙 前往执行迅雷行动 |
[18:52] | – How long does it take? – They’ll start in 40 seconds. | -大约还要多久? -他们将在40秒后出发 |
[18:55] | They ready the two pairs of Cobras over Bazan’s troops to secure the landing. | 他们准备4架眼镜蛇战机 注意巴山的军队掩护降落 |
[18:59] | Then we pick up 53 Americans and Dessaline. | 然后再撤出53名美国人 跟戴沙林 |
[19:02] | And haul ass to Paris. | 赶紧送往巴黎 |
[19:04] | Yeah. How are you doing? | 你还好吧? |
[19:09] | Not bad. How about you? | 还好,你呢? |
[19:10] | Not bad. Wish I could have been at the funeral. | 还可以 很遗憾没参加那场葬礼 |
[19:13] | You had your hands full. | 你的行程也排满了 |
[19:15] | I was proud of our boy. | 我为我们的军队感到光荣 |
[19:17] | – Yeah. – How’s the first lady doing? | -是啊 -第一夫人还好吗? |
[19:20] | – Let’s not do that right now. – Yeah. | -我们先别谈这个 -好的 |
[19:37] | This silence makes me crazy. | 沉默快把我逼疯了 |
[19:54] | Come on. | 快啊 |
[19:55] | Raven, Dragon has all personnel secured. Dragon is lifting to Paris. | 老鹰,飞龙已经救出所有人员 飞龙即将前往巴黎 |
[20:00] | Copy. Dragon is lifting to Paris. Dragon is away. | 收到飞龙正前往巴黎 飞龙已经离开 |
[20:04] | Raven, Cobra 1 is taking fire. It’s from across… | 老鹰,眼镜蛇1号受到攻击 从对面 |
[20:08] | It’s from inside the building across from the embassy. Engaging. I’m hit. | 自大使馆对面的建筑物内发出 交战中,我遭到射击 |
[20:11] | Raven, Cobra 2. Cobra 1 has taken some fire. Smoke’s coming from the tail. | 老鹰、眼镜蛇2号 眼镜蛇1号遭到攻击,机尾冒烟 |
[20:15] | -He’s hit in the cockpit. -Cobra 1, what is your status? | -驾驶舱遭到射击 -眼镜蛇1号状况如何? |
[20:18] | Raven, Cobra 1. I’ve got some injuries. | 老鹰,眼镜蛇1号 我受伤了 |
[20:20] | Copy that. Cobra 1, can you make it back to Paris? | 收到眼镜蛇1号 你能回去巴黎吗? |
[20:23] | Yeah, we’re gonna try. | 可以,我们会尽力 |
[20:24] | Raven, Cobra 2. I’m engaged with a squad of HNP troops. | 老鹰,眼镜蛇2号 我正在与海地军队交战 |
[20:28] | Several light machine guns. | 他们拥有轻型机关枪 |
[20:30] | Engaging with 20-millimeter and 2. 75 rockets. | 以20厘米火箭炮回击 |
[20:36] | Raven, Cobra 2. Target neutralized. Returning to Paris. | 老鹰,眼镜蛇2号 已压制目标,返回巴黎 |
[20:40] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[20:43] | All right. | 很好 |
[20:46] | Well, we’re in it now. | 事情已经开始了 |
[21:08] | Our hotel is located just a few miles from the sight of John Goffe’s Mill. | 我们的旅馆距约翰高福的磨坊 只有几里 |
[21:14] | “Hunter John, as he was called, was granted the land as a reward… | “他又称猎人约翰 因他对法国殖民地 |
[21:18] | …for his services to the colony in the French and Indian Wars.” | 与印地安人的战役有功 获赠这片土地” |
[21:21] | Let me tell you something, we don’t do that enough anymore. | 让我告诉你一件事 我们行赏得不够多 |
[21:25] | “I seek re-election to the presidency not because of its glories… | “我寻求竞选连任 并不是为了光荣 |
[21:28] | …but because of its difficulties.” | 而是因为连任困难” |
[21:30] | Challenges? Challenge is better than difficulties. | “挑战”? 挑战比困难好 |
[21:33] | Yes.”Later in life… | 没错, “之后 |
[21:35] | …he built the water-powered grist mill with his son Colonel John Goffe… | 他跟儿子约翰高福上校 还有孙子约翰高福少校 |
[21:40] | …and his grandson Major John Goffe.” The Goffes. | 盖了一座水力发动的磨坊” 高福家族 |
[21:44] | Will”challenges” make us think one of the difficulties is that he’s got MS? | “挑战”会让人觉得 他的困难是多重性硬化症吗? |
[21:48] | It makes us think he’s up for a challenge. | 这让人觉得他勇于面对挑战 |
[21:50] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[21:52] | – C.J.? – Yeah. | -茜洁? -什么事? |
[21:53] | – You wanna play some pool? – I don’t know how. | -你想玩撞球吗? -我不知道怎么玩 |
[21:56] | You want to play for money? | 你想赌钱吗? |
[21:57] | – Sure. – What are you doing? | -好啊 -你在做什么? |
[22:00] | I’m drawing inspiration from the strength of the Goffe family. | 我正从高福家族的生命力 获取灵感 |
[22:03] | The descendants of Hunter John have been owners and operators… | 猎人约翰的后代 过去两个世纪以来 |
[22:06] | …of the Goffe family mill for over two centuries now. | 一直经营着高福家族磨坊 直到现在 |
[22:09] | “In 1845 when Theodore ‘Ody’ Goffe was the proprietor… | “在1845年 希尔多高福当家时 |
[22:14] | …the mill burned to the ground.” | 磨坊完全烧毁” |
[22:17] | Well, that totally blows. | 这故事烂毙了 |
[22:20] | C.J.! | 茜洁! |
[22:22] | The operation was launched from the deck of the USS Enterprise… | 茜洁! 整个行动 从美国企业号甲板上开始 |
[22:25] | …60 miles off the coast of Haiti. | 位于海地外海约60里处 |
[22:27] | If you need details about troops and equipment, I refer you to the Pentagon. | 如果需要军队与设备详细资料 请向五角大厦询问 |
[22:31] | – C.J.! – Getting back to last night for a second. | -茜洁! -请谈谈昨晚的事 |
[22:34] | The president was briefed on the evacuation after the press conference? | 总统在记者招待会后 即参加了撤退简报对吗? |
[22:38] | – That’s right. – What was his state of mind? | -没错 -请问他是什么心境? |
[22:40] | His state of mind was he’s commander in chief. | 他的心境是 他是三军总司令 |
[22:42] | Was he prepared to make a life-and-death decision… | 经过这些事情后 他已经准备好宣布 |
[22:45] | …after what he’d been through? | 这项生死攸关的决定了吗? |
[22:47] | He’d been through a TV interview and a press conference. | 他历经一场电视访谈 跟一场记者招待会 |
[22:50] | The president finds you annoying, but not debilitating. | 总统觉得你们很烦人 但不会令他耗弱 |
[22:53] | – C.J.! – Chris. | -茜洁! -克理斯 |
[22:54] | The president announced a plot… | -茜洁! -克理斯 总统是否宣布 |
[22:56] | …to conceal a life-threatening illness from the people. | 他的确意图向人民隐瞒 这项生命威胁的疾病 |
[22:59] | – His MS isn’t life-threatening. – So it had no effect on his… | -他的多重性硬化症未威胁生命 -所以这对他没有影响 |
[23:02] | And there was no plot. Steve. | 而且也不是计谋好的 史蒂夫 |
[23:04] | -When did he tell you of his condition? -Sorry? | -他何时告诉你他的情形? -请再说一次? |
[23:07] | -When did he…? -A week ago. | -他何时? -1周前 |
[23:08] | -Did the president tell you? -No. Leo McGarry told me. | -总统告诉你的吗? -不,里奥马加瑞告知我的 |
[23:11] | -Why didn ‘t the president tell you? -Because Leo McGarry did. | -为什么总统不亲自告诉你? -因为里奥马加瑞告诉我了 |
[23:14] | Describe your relationship with the president. | 请描述你跟总统的关系 |
[23:17] | Just good friends, Katie. | 只是好朋友 凯蒂 |
[23:18] | How is she doing? | 她还好吧? |
[23:20] | – It’s getting away from her a little. -I’m not answering that. | -这跟她预期的不太一样 -我不回答这个问题 |
[23:24] | They’re making her the story. | 他们要帮她编故事 |
[23:25] | Yeah, listen, I wanted to ask you about something. | 听好,我想问你一个问题 |
[23:29] | The Justice Department needs another 30 million dollars… | 司法部还需要3千万美元 |
[23:32] | …to fund its suit against the tobacco companies. We want them to have it. | 跟烟草公司打官司 我们希望司法部能得到款项 |
[23:36] | The Appropriation Subcommittee on Commerce, State and Justice… | 拨款委员会商务部 司法部、国务院 |
[23:39] | …handles that money. They won’t bring it to a vote. | 握有那笔钱 他们不愿意举行投票 |
[23:42] | – Kalmbach’s the chairman? – Yeah. | -康巴哈是主席吗? -对 |
[23:43] | And now I want to turn the heat up and issue a release. | 我想把这件事炒热 发布新闻稿 |
[23:47] | Incendiary? | 煽动性文章? |
[23:48] | Yeah. It calls them well-fed members lining their campaign war chest… | 对称他们为私饱中囊的委员 只想保住自己的竞选基金 |
[23:52] | …and being complicit in hundreds of thousands of negligent homicides. | 是上千百件杀人案的共犯 |
[23:56] | – Nice. – We didn’t send the release out… | -很好 -我们还没发出新闻稿 |
[23:59] | …because of the MS announcement and Mrs. Landingham. | 因为还有宣布多重性硬化症 跟蓝丁汉夫人的事 |
[24:02] | But in a day or two, I want to leak it. What do you think? | 但是再过几天我就会发布 你觉得如何? |
[24:07] | Yeah, that’s really stupid. | 蠢毙了 |
[24:10] | – Why? – Offense makes people play defense. | -为什么? -触怒会使人自我防卫 |
[24:13] | I’m raising the profile to bring public opinion down on him. | 我公开事实 用舆论压制他们 |
[24:16] | – Play defense with that. – Congress appropriates the money. | -用舆论防卫自己 -国会负责拨款 |
[24:20] | You’re not gonna get it by pissing off the appropriators. | 你惹火拨款人 怎么可能得到钱 |
[24:23] | Watch me. | 等着瞧吧 |
[24:25] | Thanks for asking my opinion. | 谢谢你问我意见喔 |
[24:27] | – No sweat. -I’m not answering that. | -别客气 |
[24:29] | You don ‘t know? | -我不回答这个问题 |
[24:30] | It has nothing to do with the president sharing… | 因为你不知道? 因为这跟总统向民众公布 |
[24:33] | …health information with the public. – Let’s get away from it all. | -健康情形毫无关联 -让我们顺心如意吧 |
[24:36] | You need to be able to distinguish between the things… | 你必须分清楚 |
[24:39] | … we’re supposed to know… | 什么事是我们该知道的 |
[24:41] | … and the things we’re supposed to know and you don ‘t. | 跟什么事是我们该知道 而你不需知道的 |
[24:46] | The Pentagon briefing’s scheduled for 3 this afternoon. | 五角大厦简报预定 在下午3点举行 |
[24:49] | I’ll keep you posted on the changes. | 如有变动我会通知各位 |
[24:55] | Leo talked to me, you know. | 里奥跟我谈过 |
[24:59] | I said, Leo talked to me. | 我说,里奥跟我谈过 |
[25:03] | Yeah? | 怎样? |
[25:05] | – Yeah. – About what? | -对 -什么事? |
[25:20] | Your shot. | 轮到你了 |
[25:28] | Strategically, I felt that was the wise thing to do. | 策略上来说 我认为道歉是一件明智的事 |
[25:33] | Leo talked to me. I know what you’re thinking about doing. | 里奥跟我谈过 我知道你想要做什么 |
[25:56] | – Good morning, Mr. President. | – Good morning, Mr. President. -早安,总统先生 -早安,总统先生 |
[25:59] | We’re talking about a display of force? | 我们在讨论军事演习吗? |
[26:01] | Yes, sir. Bazan sees what he’s up against. | 是的,长官 巴山知道自己在对抗谁 |
[26:03] | And what is he up against? | 他在对抗谁? |
[26:05] | We can buzz Port-au-Prince with a strike formation. | 我们可以在短时间内 攻下太子港 |
[26:07] | – Five F-18 fighters. – It’ll get his attention. | -5架F-18战斗机 -让他提高警觉 |
[26:10] | Isn’t it possible they could shoot at us again? | 他有没有可能再度瞄准我们? |
[26:12] | We’ll fly an E-2 Hawkeye with a radar dome. | 我们可以出动E2侦察机 展开雷达搜寻 |
[26:15] | It picks up weapon signals? | 能找出武器讯号吗? |
[26:17] | Yes, sir. We’d know before they reached Port-au-Prince if they were in danger. | 是的,长官,我们能在太子港 陷入危险前找出武器讯号 |
[26:22] | Peter, State’s exploring the effectiveness of immediate sanctions? | 彼得,国务院正在研究 迅速制裁的可行性吗? |
[26:25] | We’re exploring it. But we’ve been down that road with Haiti before. | 我们正在研究 但我们曾经有过相同经验 |
[26:29] | With terrible results that hurt the wrong people. | 成果极为不理想 伤害到其他无辜人民 |
[26:32] | Not to pile it on… | 我不是要附和 |
[26:33] | …but we have reports of 12 incidents of cutters intercepting… | 但是我们接获窃听的报告 |
[26:37] | …Haitians off the Florida Keys. If we stretch out the resolution… | 海地正派人前往佛罗里达群岛 如果我们加强军力 |
[26:40] | – We’ll have a refugee crisis. | -我们就会面临难民危机 -在关达那摩湾 |
[26:48] | All right, let’s start here. | 好吧,就从这里开始 |
[26:50] | Nancy, Peter, get a message to the Canadian prime minister. | 南西,彼得 知会加拿大总理 |
[26:53] | We intend to restore Dessaline. The Canadians should tell Bazan… | 我们打算让戴沙林复位 请加拿大转告巴山 |
[26:56] | …if he doesn’t move out, we’re willing to move forward with military options. | 如果他不退出 我们将采取军事行动 |
[27:00] | In the meantime, I’m willing to consider the flyby. | 同时 我会考虑采取低空飞行侦查 |
[27:03] | If the flyby doesn’t work? | 如果低空飞行侦查无效? |
[27:08] | Now you’re just bugging me. That’s all. | 你现在是在烦我 就这样 |
[27:12] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢您,总统先生 |
[27:18] | – Sir? – Yeah. | -长官? -什么事 |
[27:20] | We should bear in mind that if we end up invading Haiti, there will be a belief… | 我们如果真的入侵海地 大家就会认为 |
[27:24] | That it was politically motivated. | 这是政治因素考量 |
[27:26] | Yeah. That at the very least we welcomed… | 对,说这是我们最欢迎的机会 |
[27:29] | …an opportunity to distract attention from the MS story… | 让人们忘记多重性硬化症这件事 还有 |
[27:32] | …and to show strength as commander in chief. | 展现三军总司令气魄的机会 |
[27:34] | Think it’s a sign of strength to invade Haiti? | 入侵海地是展现气魄的方式吗? |
[27:37] | – I meant… – Missouri could invade Haiti. | -我是说 -密苏里也能入侵海地 |
[27:39] | – Yes. – Sanctions aren’t gonna work. | -没错 -制裁不会有效的 |
[27:41] | You said it. The Haitian National Police will get rich off the contraband. | 你自己也说 海地警方靠走私致富 |
[27:45] | Dessaline was democratically elected. He’s been sitting in his office. | 戴沙林是人民选出来的 他一直坐在办公室里 |
[27:48] | He’s sitting on the USS Enterprise. Not to mention they shot at us. | 他现在正坐在美国企业号上 而且他们还攻击过我们 |
[27:52] | You don’t get to do that. | 你不能那么做 |
[27:53] | – Sir? – I’m late. | -长官? -我迟到了 |
[28:00] | Everybody’s tired. | 大家都累了 |
[28:05] | At some point, we’re gonna have to check the first lady’s temperature. | 有时候我们必须去量量 第一夫人的体温 |
[28:09] | – Okay, you first. – Yeah. | -好吧,你先请 -好吧 |
[28:12] | On Haiti, tell your people to be careful… | 谈到海地 要你的人小心点 |
[28:14] | …with public posture not to say or do anything that could taint any options. | 在公众场合不要说出或做出 任何可能危害日后决策的事 |
[28:18] | Nobody wants to invade. | 没有人想要入侵 |
[28:20] | Nobody wants to contemplate invading till we’ve exhausted diplomatic options. | 没有人会考虑入侵行动 除非我们用尽外交手段 |
[28:24] | Yeah. | 对 |
[28:29] | Charlie? You wanna play? | 查理?你想玩吗? |
[28:32] | – Aren’t you supposed to be writing? – I am writing. | -你不是应该在写稿吗? -我正在写 |
[28:34] | I don’t see paper. | 我没看到纸啊 |
[28:37] | We can sit back and admit with grave sensitivity that life isn’t fair. | 我们可以沉重、伤感地 抱怨生命不公 |
[28:41] | And the less-advantaged are destined to their lot in life. | 天生倒霉的人 注定要背负沉重的命运 |
[28:44] | The problems of those on the other side of the world should stay there. | 世界另一端的问题 就让它留在另一端吧 |
[28:47] | Our leaders are cynical and can never be an instrument to change. | 我们的领袖愤世嫉俗 而且顽冥不灵 |
[28:50] | But that, my friends, is not worthy of you. | 但是我的朋友 那不值得赔上你的生涯 |
[28:53] | It’s not worthy of a president, it’s not worthy of a great nation. | 不值得赔上一个总统 不值得赔上一个伟大国家 |
[28:56] | It’s not worthy of America. | 不值得赔上美国 |
[28:58] | Paper’s for wimps. You wanna play? | 纸是给懦夫用的 你想玩吗? |
[29:00] | No. | 不 |
[29:02] | – I understand if you’re scared. – I’m not. | -如果你怕,我了解 -我不怕 |
[29:05] | I’m saying, if you’re scared chicken, I understand. | 我说了,如果你是懦夫 我了解 |
[29:08] | – You got 20 bucks? – Yep. | -你有20块吗? -有 |
[29:10] | Put it on the table. | 放在桌上 |
[29:18] | I’ll give you the break. | 我会让你 |
[29:21] | You give me the break, you’re not gonna need that stick. | 如果你让我 你就没机会用那根球杆了 |
[29:27] | – Charlie. – Yeah? | -查理 -什么事? |
[29:28] | Can I see you for a second? | 我可以跟你说句话吗? |
[29:40] | The president’s gonna direct the Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor. | 总统要会同司法部长 指派特殊检察官 |
[29:44] | – Know what that means? – Yeah. | -你知道那是什么意思吗? -知道 |
[29:45] | – Okay, so you’re gonna need a lawyer. – Actually, I don’t think I need one. | -好,那你需要一个律师 -我不认为我需要 |
[29:49] | – You do. – I think I’ll be fine. | -你需要 -我没问题的 |
[29:51] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的? -没错 |
[29:53] | He’s gonna ask you everything you’ve seen and heard… | 他会问你,自从在白宫工作以来 |
[29:56] | …since you started working here. – I can answer that truthfully. | -所有的所见所闻 -我可以据实以报 |
[29:59] | Then a month later, he’ll ask the same questions. | 1个月后 他会再问你相同的问题 |
[30:02] | If your answers change, they prosecute you for perjury. | 如果你的答案不同 你就会被他以伪证罪起诉 |
[30:05] | – Mr. Babish… – Oliver’s fine. | -巴比西先生 -奥力佛就好了 |
[30:10] | You prepared to describe every conversation you had with the president? | 你准备好描述 你跟总统的所有谈话内容吗? |
[30:13] | Whether he asked you for an aspirin, or if his hands quivered. | 他何时向你要阿斯匹灵 他的手是否颤抖 |
[30:17] | You prepared to answer questions about your relationship with his daughter? | 你准备好回答 你跟总统女儿的关系吗? |
[30:21] | This is NFL football. | 这是一场全国足球大赛 |
[30:24] | – When is this all gonna happen? – I don’t know. | -这件事何时开始? -我不知道 |
[30:27] | – How can you not know? – Grand jury investigations are secret. | -你怎么会不知道? -大法官陪审团是秘密进行的 |
[30:30] | So they can knock on my door one morning? | 所以他们有可能 某天早上来敲我的门? |
[30:32] | They will knock on your door one morning. | 他们会在某天早上 来敲你的门 |
[30:37] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[30:40] | You know, how much do you think? | 你预估要花多少钱? |
[30:42] | Assuming you did nothing wrong… | 如果你没做错事 |
[30:45] | …saw nothing wrong and heard nothing wrong… | 看错事或听错事 |
[30:48] | …about 100,000 dollars. | 大约要10万美金 |
[31:01] | Nice game. It was fun to watch. | 打的不错,很精采 |
[31:04] | I’ll see you later. | 待会见 |
[31:07] | – Charlie? – Yeah. | -查理? -什么事 |
[31:09] | – The president and the first lady… – Toby. | -总统跟第一夫人 -托比 |
[31:13] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:14] | Man, I can’t do the job if he’s got to send me out of the room every time… | 如果他每次都要把我赶出房间 这工作我真干不下去 |
[31:18] | No, you’re right. You know what, look, it’s a typical marriage. I’ve been there. | 不,你说得对,听着 这是典型的婚姻,我也经历过 |
[31:24] | Well, I haven’t, but he’s the president of the United States. | 我可没有 但他是美国总统 |
[31:28] | So my guess is, no, it’s probably not a typical marriage. | 所以我猜 可能不会是典型的婚姻 |
[31:31] | I’ll see you later. | 我们待会见 |
[32:03] | I said to you… I said this,”Do you want food?” | 我对你说 我说“你要不要吃东西?” |
[32:06] | – Yes. – You said,”No, I don’t want any food.” | -对 -你说“不,我什么都不想吃” |
[32:09] | – Now you’re eating my food. – You’d think you’d have learned by now. | -而你现在在吃我的东西 -到现在你还是不了解我 |
[32:12] | – You eating the rest of the sandwich? – Are you? | -你要把剩下的三明治吃掉吗? |
[32:18] | – Where is he? – How you doing? | -你要吃吗? |
[32:19] | – I don’t care. Where is he? – Leo’s on the phone. | -他在哪? -你还好吧? -我不在乎,他在哪? -里奥正在讲电话 |
[32:22] | What’s the problem? | 什么问题? |
[32:26] | “Our economy may be stronger. Yet there are Americans who work longer… | “我们的经济也许变好了 但仍有美国人工时过长 |
[32:31] | …for less pay and less dignity. Our crops may feed the world… | 薪水过低,尊严过低 我们的谷物也许可以喂饱全球 |
[32:35] | …yet there are children whose stomachs ache with the pain of hunger.” | 但仍有儿童因为饥饿之苦 饱受胃痛” |
[32:39] | Yes, it’s midnight in America. | 现在是美国的半夜 |
[32:41] | I’m not sure you can say “stomachs ache with pain.” | 我可不确定你可以说 “饥饿之苦饱受胃痛” |
[32:44] | – You can, but it’s bad. I ran into Sam. – And? | -你可以,但不理想,我遇到山姆 -然后呢? |
[32:47] | We’ll talk tomorrow. Is the kitchen still open? | 我们明天再说 厨房还开着吗? |
[32:49] | – I’m not eating this potato salad. – I am. | -我不想吃马铃薯沙拉 -我吃 |
[32:52] | – Bruno. – I know, I know. | -布鲁诺 -我知道 |
[32:54] | “Let us shine a light on dark places in America”? | “让我们在美国的黑暗之处 点起一盏明灯”? |
[32:57] | “Places where all hope has been banished. | “在所有希望都熄灭之处 |
[32:59] | Places where our founders’ dreams are yet to be redeemed.” | 在先人的理想还未实现之处” |
[33:02] | And then let us kill ourselves and move to Pakistan. | 然后让我们全都自杀 然后搬去巴基斯坦 |
[33:05] | Why are people here? | 你们为什么在这里? |
[33:06] | – Leo. – I came to the bar for some privacy. | 你们为什么在这里? -里奥 -我到酒吧是为了保有隐私 |
[33:08] | Leo, I’m reading things that would make the cast of Up With People sit and cry. | 里奥我正在读一篇会让 人人至上道德重整会哭泣的文章 |
[33:13] | We’ll work tomorrow. What are you doing here? | 我们明天还要工作 你们在这里做什么? |
[33:15] | – We were… – Tomorrow. | -我们在 -明天再说 |
[33:19] | I need to talk to you. | 我有话跟你说 |
[33:22] | The FDA is gonna approve RU-486. | 食品药物管理局要通过RU-486 |
[33:24] | – How do you know? – C.J. had a source. | -你怎么知道? -茜洁有消息来源 |
[33:26] | We’re not supposed to have that information. | 我们不应该知道这件事的 |
[33:28] | The source was nongovernmental. Leo, they’re doing it on Monday. | 非政府情报来源 里奥,他们要在周一宣布 |
[33:34] | – You’ve confirmed it? – As well as I can. | -你已经确认了? -我已尽我所能 |
[33:36] | I’ve been at it all night. I’d like to go through back channels… | 我整晚都在想这件事 我想从秘密管道 |
[33:39] | …to hold them off. – No. | -叫他们取消 -不行 |
[33:41] | Then I think we have to consider postponing the speech. | -叫他们取消 -不行 我想过我们可以考虑 把演说延期 |
[33:45] | I’m going to see the president in the morning. Let me talk to him. | 我明早要见总统 让我跟他谈 |
[33:49] | – All right. | – All right. -好吧 -好吧 |
[33:52] | These are hot off the presses. | 这是刚从媒体取得的最新数据 |
[33:53] | Early numbers? | 初步数据? |
[33:55] | Yeah. These are just preliminary, after the first 16 hours. | 对前16小时的基本数据 |
[33:58] | “How much confidence do you have in the president? | “你对总统的信心有多少? |
[34:01] | Great deal: 21 percent. | 很大:21% |
[34:03] | Somewhat: 24 percent. Only a little: 15 percent.” | 还好:24% 一点点:15% |
[34:06] | “Not at all: 38 percent.” | 完全没有:38%” |
[34:08] | That’s 45 percent in the top two boxes. Better than we thought. | 前两个选项有45% 比我预期得要好 |
[34:11] | “Do you feel he’s physically able to perform his duties?” | “你认为他的生理状况 能胜任工作吗?” |
[34:14] | “Probably not” and”definitely not” at 39 percent. | “可能不行”跟“绝对不行” 有39% |
[34:17] | That number will go down as we educate the public to MS. | 只要我们加强宣导多重性硬化症 那个数字会下滑的 |
[34:20] | Yeah, with 25 percent saying they don’t know. | 还有25%说不知道 |
[34:22] | What’s the bottom line? | 重点是什么? |
[34:26] | For an incumbent to have any chance at all at this point in the calendar… | 以时间上来看 现任总统若要竞选成功 |
[34:30] | …he needs 40 percent. – If the election were today? | -他必须拥有40%支持率 -如果今天选举呢? |
[34:34] | – Forty-one. – Forty-one percent would re-elect him. | -41%会选他 |
[34:36] | – Thirty-seven elects a new person. – Twenty-two don’t know. | -37%会选新的人选 -22%不知道 |
[34:39] | – He’s in the ball game. – I’ll set up meetings for tomorrow. | -球赛开始了 -我会安排明天的会议 |
[34:42] | We’ll have the final numbers for this set. We’ll figure out where to go from here. | 届时最后的数据会出炉 我们再来考虑下一步该怎么走 |
[34:46] | – Josh? – Yeah. | -乔西? -什么事 |
[34:48] | Listen. | -乔西? -什么事 听着 |
[34:49] | – I was talking to Toby earlier. – Hey, Ginger. | -我先前跟托比谈过 -金洁 |
[34:52] | And I was saying that, actually, he hasn’t apologized. | 我记得我说实际上 他没有道歉 |
[34:55] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[34:56] | I looked over the transcript. He hasn’t apologized. | 什么意思? 我看过讲稿 他没有道歉 |
[34:59] | Yeah, well, I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[35:01] | – Yeah. – Let me ask you something. | -是啊 |
[35:04] | The release I wrote about that tobacco appropriation? | -我问你一件事 |
[35:07] | Yeah. | 我那篇关于烟草诉讼 要求拨款的新闻稿 |
[35:08] | What would you think about my leaking it to the subcommittee? | 怎样? |
[35:11] | I wouldn’t do it. | 你觉得我把它透露给 |
[35:14] | I’m doing it. | 非正式顾问团如何? 我不会这么做 |
[35:16] | Okay. You don’t think we’re gonna get hung with the apology? | 我正要这么做 好吧,你不认为 道歉会让我们动弹不得吗? |
[35:19] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[35:20] | Can you talk about the level of force you’ll show Bazan? | 你可以告诉我们 军方要向巴山展示多少军力? |
[35:23] | It’ll be what’s called an Alpha-strike formation fly-over. | 这项行动称为 基本军事低空侦查 |
[35:27] | It’s five F-18 fighters and an E-2 Hawkeye. | 包括5架F-18战斗机 跟1架E-2侦察机 |
[35:30] | – C.J.! – Steve. | -茜洁! -史蒂夫 |
[35:31] | The injured Marines. Has the president spoken to their families? | 海军有人员伤亡 总统是否对家属致意? |
[35:35] | He expressed gratitude and concern… | 他要向海军与家属 |
[35:37] | …to the Marines and their families. – Did they express concern… | -表达最高的敬意与关切 -他们是否表示 |
[35:40] | …for the president’s health? – No. His health isn’t a matter of concern. | -对总统健康情形的关切? -没有,他的健康无虞 |
[35:45] | The conversation was focused on the Marines… | 他们的谈话主要关于 |
[35:48] | …and their contribution to our national security. | 海军与其对国家安全的贡献 |
[35:51] | – C.J.! – Mark. | -茜洁! -马克 |
[35:52] | There are reports of the Coast Guard intercepting Haitians off Florida. | 有报告指出海岸巡逻队 拦截到前往佛州的海地人民 |
[35:56] | They’re considered economic refugees | 他们是以难民身分 被遣返到关达那摩湾 |
[36:00] | – C.J.! – Carl. | -茜洁! -卡尔 |
[36:01] | Does this mean that the president can’t afford to spend… | -茜洁! -卡尔 这是否代表总统目前 |
[36:04] | …his own political capital right now by accepting mass numbers of refugees? | 无法承担接收大量难民 的政治资金代价? |
[36:08] | – That’s not a factor. – C.J.! | -那不是原因 -茜洁! |
[36:11] | Do the president’s political problems make it more or less likely… | 总统的政治问题 是否更突显出 |
[36:14] | …he’ll order an invasion? – That’s not a factor. | -他可能会下令入侵? -那不是原因 |
[36:17] | C.J., would you say that the president’s situation… | 茜洁,你认为总统的状况 |
[36:20] | …makes it harder for him to focus on the situation in Haiti? | 是否让他难以专注于 海地的现况? |
[36:23] | To be honest, I think he’s relieved… | 说实话 我认为他感到很轻松 |
[36:26] | …to be focusing on something that matters. | 终于能专注在重大事件上 |
[36:35] | Obviously, what I meant to say was… | 很明显地,我的意思是 |
[36:38] | Excuse me. Did you just say he was relieved? | 抱歉,你刚刚是不是说 他感到很轻松? |
[36:40] | Obviously, what I mean… | 很明显地,我的意思是 |
[36:54] | – Toby. – I don’t believe it. | -托比 -我不敢相信 |
[36:56] | – You saw it? – I was standing right there. | -你看到了? -我就站在那儿 |
[36:59] | He’s relieved he might have to send troops into battle? | 他因为可能派兵出征 而感到轻松? |
[37:02] | He’s relieved he might put American lives at risk… | 他因为忘记自己说谎的事 可能陷美国于危险之中 |
[37:05] | …and kill Haitian civilians because it takes his mind off having lied? | 可能伤害无辜海地人民 而感到轻松? |
[37:12] | – C.J. – Just don’t say anything for… | -茜洁 -一个字也别说 |
[37:15] | Just don’t say anything for… | 一个字也别 |
[37:23] | Damn it! | 可恶! |
[37:28] | – Tobacco. – What about it? | -烟草 -怎么样? |
[37:31] | Josh wants to send the release. | 乔西想发出这份新闻稿 |
[37:33] | At the press release? | 新闻稿? |
[37:35] | Yes. It’s incendiary. | 对,是煽动性文章 |
[37:38] | Josh is feeling burned… | 乔西被逼急了 |
[37:39] | …and he’s letting his emotions and, dare I say, ego… | 他让自己的情绪 容我这么说,还有自我 |
[37:43] | …drive what I think is a delicate situa… – Hang on. | -在这复杂微妙的情况 -等等 |
[37:49] | Holy hell. | 我的老天爷 |
[37:59] | Relieved? The president’s relieved to be focusing on Haiti? | 轻松?总统因为能专注于海地 而感到轻松? |
[38:02] | – Isn’t this what we said to be careful of? – What happened? | -我们不是说过,要小心应对吗? -怎么了? |
[38:05] | She was asked if his situation makes it harder to focus on Haiti. | 记者问到他的健康 是否让他难以专注于海地 |
[38:08] | – There was a ramp-up, but… – What’d she say? | -那是个陷阱,但是 -她怎么说? |
[38:10] | “The president’s relieved to be focusing… | “总统感到很轻松 |
[38:13] | …on something that matters.” – Relieved? | -能专注于重大事件上” -轻松? |
[38:15] | We can argue that she just misspoke. | 我们可以说她只是说错了 |
[38:17] | She meant to say he realizes he’s focusing on something that matters. | 她的意思是 总统了解到这是一件大事 |
[38:20] | – Or he’s reiterating… – I don’t like”something that matters.” | -或是他重申 -我不喜欢“重大事件”那句话 |
[38:23] | – Like that he lied doesn’t matter. – She misspoke is all we needed. | -仿佛他的说谎不是重大事件 -我们只要说她说错就好了 |
[38:27] | We go back. We say she misspoke. | 我们就说她说错了 |
[38:28] | What if he has to invade? If he invades Haiti after what… | 如果他真的要入侵呢? 如果他真的要入侵海地 |
[38:32] | It’s gonna look like he ordered a military operation to cover up… | 这会让他的下令入侵 看起来像是掩饰这件事 |
[38:36] | – She was tired. She… – C.J. doesn’t misspeak. | -她只是累了,她 -茜洁没说错话 |
[38:38] | If she misspoke, why didn’t she clean it up in the briefing room? | 如果她说错话 为什么不在简报室里澄清? |
[38:41] | Come to think of it, why didn’t she clean it up? | 现在仔细想一想 为什么她没有澄清? |
[38:44] | She is tired. We all are. | 她累了,我们全都累了 |
[38:46] | Then why don’t we go with that, Sam. Let’s go out and say we’re all tired. | 我们为何不好好利用这点 我们就对外公布说我们都累了 |
[38:50] | The president’s tired, complications due to MS. | 总统也累了 因为多重性硬化症的原因 |
[38:53] | We haven’t had much time. | 我们没有多少时间了 |
[38:55] | – A week! How much time do you need? – Some have had more time than others. | -1周!你需要多少时间? -有些人时间比较多 |
[39:10] | – Margaret. – Yes, sir. | -玛格丽特 -是的,长官 |
[39:11] | – Is he alone? – Yeah. | -他一个人吗? -是 |
[39:15] | Come up with something. | 想个办法出来 |
[39:31] | Good morning, Mr. McGarry. You can go on up. He’s up by the fence. | 早安,马加瑞先生 你可以直接上去,他在围栏边 |
[39:53] | You live in the middle of nowhere, you know that? | 你在无名之地的正中央 你知道吗? |
[39:55] | Awasiwi odanak. It’s an Abenaki phrase that means: | “阿瓦西维欧达那” 印地安语的意思是 |
[39:59] | “Beyond the village.” | “在村庄以外” |
[40:02] | Good morning, Mr. President. | 早安,总统先生 |
[40:04] | You want coffee? | 要咖啡吗? |
[40:05] | – No. – What’s happening? | -不用 -怎么了? |
[40:07] | C.J. ‘s got it from a nongovernmental source… | 茜洁从非政府人员得到消息 |
[40:10] | …the FDA’s gonna announce their approval of RU-486. | 食品药物管理局将公布 通过RU-486的使用 |
[40:15] | – When? – Monday. | -何时? -周一 |
[40:21] | Yeah, all right. | 好吧 |
[40:35] | Why don’t we consider postponing the speech? | 为什么我们不把演说延期? |
[40:38] | – Why? – You’ve got laryngitis. | -为什么? -你得了喉炎 |
[40:40] | – No, I mean why? – It’ll get wrapped up in the news… | -不,我说为什么? -你的演讲会被新闻带过 |
[40:43] | It’ll get wrapped up in one news cycle. I don’t give a… | 只会被新闻播报一次 我才不管 |
[40:46] | Plus, it gives meat to the right. Lets the press write a process story. | 而且这让右翼分子有机可乘 媒体会趁机深入报导 |
[40:50] | Right out of the gate, the Bartlet campaign is pandering and bumbling… | 巴特勒选战出师不利 竞选活动破绽百出 |
[40:53] | …and performing abortions in the Rose Garden. | 还在白宫花园里��胎 |
[40:56] | Screw it, and screw anybody who writes that story. | 去它的,还有写这篇故事的人 |
[40:59] | Plus, I have a hunch the first round… | 而且我有预感 |
[41:02] | …of subpoenas will be handed down this week. | 第一轮的证人传唤 会在这个礼拜发出去 |
[41:04] | You have a hunch? | 你有预感? |
[41:06] | Of course the subpoenas will be handed down. | 证人传唤单当然会发下来 |
[41:08] | If we announce in two weeks, that’s when the first round… | 如果我们在2周后宣布 第1轮证人传唤 |
[41:11] | …will be handed down. Screw it. It’s game time. Let’s go. | 当然就会发下来 去它的,时候到了,走吧 |
[41:20] | This is a nice piece of land. | 这片土地真不错 |
[41:24] | It’d be better without the floodlights and the metal detectors, but… | 如果没有照明灯跟金属探测器 就更好了不过 |
[41:29] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:35] | Abbey and the girls getting in this morning? | 艾碧跟女儿们 今天早上进来了吗? |
[41:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:40] | How’s everybody doing? | 大家怎么样? |
[41:43] | Fine. | 很好 |
[41:45] | What about C.J.? | 茜洁呢? |
[41:52] | All right. | 好吧 |
[41:56] | Laryngitis? | 喉炎? |
[41:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:01] | We could just say I have MS. | 干脆说我有多重性硬化症好了 |
[42:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:11] | – Leo. – Yes, sir. | -里奥 -是的,长官 |
[42:15] | I’m running for re-election. | 我要竞选连任 |
[42:18] | And I’m gonna win. | 而且我会获胜 第一部剧终 |