时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | You’d see Victor Campos sitting courtside with Buckland. | 维克特甘波跟巴克兰坐在场边 |
[00:11] | If we spend millions on tax breaks, we should spend it on people… | 如果我们要在减税上花几百万 就该把钱花在 |
[00:14] | …who don’t have millions. | 没有几百万的人身上 |
[00:16] | The veto’s an awfully big risk to take if you can’t promise anything. | 否决是风险极高的赌注 如果你不能担保 |
[00:19] | Then the veto’s an awfully big risk to take. | 否决权的确是风险极高的赌注 |
[00:22] | We recommend you threaten to veto any repeal of the estate tax. | 我们建议您威胁动用否决权 否决遗产税的废除 剧名:前一天 (行政秘书办公室) |
[01:05] | – Good evening. – Are you Dolan? | -晚安 -你是杜兰吗? |
[01:07] | – Yes, and you’re Mr. Kobeleskie? – Koveleskie, with a V. | -对,你是科柏斯基先生吗? -科维斯基,不是柏 |
[01:11] | We spoke on the phone. I’m the only one here right now. | 我们在电话上谈过 现在这里只有我一个人 |
[01:14] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[01:16] | – There are usually 7 of us… – Yeah. | -我们通常有7个人 -对 |
[01:17] | And I’m new. It’s the end of my second week. | 我是新来的 到今天我已经上任两周了 |
[01:21] | – Do you know what to do? – I call the deputy chief of staff. | -你知道该怎么做吗? -我先通知人事副主任 |
[01:24] | You tell him the clerk of the house has delivered a bill. | 你告诉他议会书记官 已经把法案送来了 |
[01:27] | Then you bring it to the president for his signature or veto. | 然后你再它把交给总统 让他签名或否决 |
[01:30] | – Yeah. – Okay, here it is. | -对 -好吧,拿去 |
[01:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:42] | Yes, this is Mr. Dolan in the executive clerk’s office. | 我是执行书记官办公室的杜兰 |
[01:46] | I’d like Mr. Lyman, please. | 请接赖曼先生 |
[01:49] | – Why don’t you just wear a pre-tied tie? – Because it’s not the same. | -你为什么不戴预先打好的领带? -那不一样 |
[01:53] | It looks the same. | 反正看起来一样 |
[01:54] | You want to be able to pull it open like Tony Bennett. | 到了晚上可以像 东尼班尼顿那样把领带拔掉,对吧? |
[01:58] | Think the tie’s the only thing between you and Tony? | 你以为你跟他之间 只有领带不同吗? |
[02:00] | He’s also shorter than I am. | 他也比我矮 |
[02:05] | – When are you bringing Buckland back? – I was gonna do it before the entrée. | -你什么时候带巴克兰过来? -本来打算在上前菜之前 |
[02:08] | – You should do it after the entrée. – Why? | -你应该等到上完前菜 -为什么? |
[02:11] | I don’t know, it’s more polite. | 我也不知道,这样比较礼貌 |
[02:14] | – Is there etiquette for this? – No. | -这种事还有行规? -没有 |
[02:15] | Then why are you bothering me? | 那你为什么烦我? |
[02:20] | – I need to talk to you about something. – My phone’s ringing. | -我有件事要跟你谈 -我电话在响 |
[02:23] | – Yeah. – You want to answer it? | -我知道 -你可以接吗? |
[02:26] | Can we talk tonight? Maybe after the cheese course? | 今晚你有时间谈吗? 也许等上完起士盘之后? |
[02:29] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[02:33] | Josh Lyman. | 乔西赖曼 |
[02:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:37] | It’s here. | 法案送来了 |
[02:38] | Call around. | 通知大家 |
[02:41] | – Quiz me. – I don’t think I will. | -考我 -我不想 |
[02:42] | – Quiz me. – You’re a lively conversationalist. | -考我 -你天生健谈 |
[02:45] | – You won’t have any problem… – Quiz me. | -你不会有问题的 -考我 |
[02:47] | Who are you sitting next to? | 你隔壁坐谁? |
[02:49] | Dr. Kary B. Mullis, recipient of the 1993 Nobel Prize for chemistry. | 凯利莫里斯博士 1993年诺贝尔化学奖得主 |
[02:52] | Born 1944 in North Carolina. Earned his bachelor’s degree from Georgia Tech… | 1944年于北卡出生 乔治亚理工学院学士 |
[02:57] | …and his Ph.D. in biochemistry from my alma mater, UC Berkeley. | 加州州立大学柏克莱分校 生化博士,也是我的母校 |
[03:01] | If all he wants to talk about is where he’s from… | 如果他只想讨论 他的祖籍 |
[03:04] | …where he went to school and his name, you’re fine. | 他的母校、他的名字 那你就安全了 |
[03:07] | – C.J.? – It’s here? | -茜洁? -法案送来了? |
[03:08] | – Yeah. – I’ll meet you over there. | -对 -我们会场见 |
[03:13] | – Toby. – It’s here. | -托比 -法案送来了 |
[03:15] | Yeah, I know. Listen, the Social office called. | 我知道 听着,办公室已经通知了 |
[03:18] | Seven Republicans who R.S.V.P. ‘d aren’t gonna show up. | 7位预约的共和党议员 到时不会出席 |
[03:21] | We knew that might happen. | 意料中事 |
[03:22] | – It happened. You think we should…? – What, put it off? No. | -没错,你觉得我们应该? -延期吗?才不 |
[03:26] | The president said he’d veto the bill. | 总统说他会否决法案 |
[03:28] | C.J. announced he’d veto the bill. He’s gonna veto the bill. | 茜洁已经宣布他可能会否决 他就会否决法案 |
[03:31] | There was a reason they had to cancel. | 他们取消一定有理由 |
[03:33] | An emergency meeting of the Republican leadership. | 共和党高层召开紧急会议 |
[03:36] | What do you think they’ll talk about? | 你觉得他们会讨论什么? |
[03:38] | – They’re planning a surprise party. – They could’ve left after the entrée. | -筹划一场惊喜派对 -至少等到前菜上完再走啊 |
[03:42] | They’re gonna miss hot pumpkin soup, cheese gnocchi and a chèvre brioche. | 他们会错过南瓜汤 起士汤米团还有奶油蛋卷 |
[03:46] | That’s a pretty big price to pay just to override my veto. | 推翻我的否决 可是要付出极大代价 |
[03:49] | Maybe they think they’ve got the votes. | 也许他们以为 自己已经取得足够票数 |
[03:51] | What are you saying? | 你是什么意思? |
[03:53] | Maybe something shifted in the last couple of hours. | 也许过去几个小时 事情发生了一些变化 |
[03:56] | They just sent the bill up five minutes ago. | 他们五分钟前才送出法案 |
[03:58] | They know you’re gonna veto. Why schedule an override vote right now? | 他们知道你会否决 为什么现在就在计划推翻否决? |
[04:02] | So I’d think twice about vetoing. | 好逼我在否决前三思 |
[04:04] | Well, that’s what I thought too. | 我也这么想 |
[04:06] | And now? | 那现在呢? |
[04:09] | – Good evening, Mr. President. – Where is this thing? | -晚安,总统 -法案在哪? |
[04:11] | It’s on its way. | 快送来了 |
[04:14] | – Know what we’re starting with tonight? – No, sir. | -知道今晚的开场是什么吗? -不知道,长官 |
[04:16] | Hot pumpkin soup with a cheese gnocchi and a chèvre brioche. | 南瓜汤、起士汤米团 还有奶油蛋卷 |
[04:22] | Was anything you just said food? | 您刚刚说的都是食物吗? |
[04:25] | – Good evening, Mr. President. – It’s on its way. | -晚安,总统先生 -法案快来了 |
[04:27] | – Sir, the Social office… – We know. | -长官,行政办公室 -我们知道 |
[04:29] | – Seven Republicans who R.S.V.P. ‘d for… – We know. | -7位预约的共和党议员 -我们知道 |
[04:32] | – Know there’s an emergency meeting? – Yeah. | -也知道他们要开紧急会议的事? -对 |
[04:35] | I say they could’ve waited until after the entrée. | 他们就不能等到上前菜吗? |
[04:37] | Maybe they didn’t know about the brioche. | 也许他们不知道有奶油蛋卷 |
[04:40] | – Does anyone want to consider waiting? – No. | -有人建议延期吗? -没有 |
[04:42] | – The Constitution gives him 10 days. – I know. | -宪法给总统10天决定 -我知道 |
[04:45] | If it’s a show of strength, you don’t wait to think. | 如果你想展现实力 就不能等 |
[04:48] | If they override the veto, it’s not strong. | 如果他们推翻否决 就会显示我们实力不足 |
[04:50] | – They don’t have the votes. – Says you. | -他们票数不够 -你说的 |
[04:52] | Says me, Josh, the political liaison, legislative liaison and the minority whip. | 我说的,乔西,我是政党联络人 立法部门联络人跟少数族群秘书 |
[04:57] | It’s like I don’t even need to be here. | 我的存在简直是多余的 |
[04:59] | Good evening, Mr. President. | 晚安,总统先生 |
[05:01] | – C.J., you look very nice. – Thank you, sir. Is it here? | -茜洁,你很漂亮嘛 -谢谢,长官,法案到了吗? |
[05:04] | It’s on its way. | 快到了 |
[05:15] | I’ve been seated next to a chemist tonight. | -我今晚坐在一个化学家旁边 -莫里斯? |
[05:18] | Twenty-three Nobel winners, I couldn’t get literature or peace or something? | 得过23次诺贝尔奖 我就不能得个和平奖什么的? |
[05:23] | What’s her problem? | 她又有什么问题? |
[05:24] | Thinks she won’t be able to make conversation. | 觉得自己可能找不到话题 |
[05:27] | She’s wrong, because she knows what year he was born and his name. | 她错了,因为她知道 他的出生年份跟名字 |
[05:30] | You gotta be a cryptographer. They speak in letters… | 只有编码员听得懂 他们都用字母交谈 |
[05:33] | …that don’t spell anything but end up meaning”table salt.” | 他们从不说完整句子 但其实指的是“食�Q” |
[05:36] | – Mr. President? – Is it here? | -总统先生? -法案到了吗? |
[05:38] | – Yes, sir. – Okay. | -是的,长官 -很好 |
[05:44] | – Hey. – Good evening, Mr. President. | 晚安,总统 |
[05:46] | What’s your name? | 你是谁? |
[05:47] | I’m Donald Dolan from the office of the executive clerk, sir. | 我是执行书记官办公室的 唐纳杜兰,长官 |
[05:51] | Leo, I don’t think it’s a bluff. | 里奥,我不认为这是虚张声势 |
[05:53] | I don’t think the leadership holds their members on a weekend for a bluff. | 我不认为共和党强制党员开会 只是为了虚张声势 |
[05:56] | – I don’t think they’re bluffing. – You think they’re holding a vote? | -我不认为他们在虚张声势 -你认为他们在限制投票? |
[06:00] | – I’m sure. – Why would they hold a vote… | -我很确定 -如果他们不能否决 |
[06:02] | …if they couldn’t override? – They wouldn’t. | -那为什么要限制投票? -他们不会否决 |
[06:05] | What do you got in the box, Mr. Dolan? | 你盒子里有什么 杜兰先生? |
[06:08] | Mr. President, I have House Resolution 10, the Death Tax Elimination Act. | 总统先生,这是众议院第10号议案 死亡税废除法案 |
[06:12] | It bears signatures of the speaker of the house and the president of the Senate. | 已经过议会发言人与 议会主席签名 |
[06:16] | It’s presented to you by the Congress for your signature or veto. | 由国会呈送给您签名或否决 |
[06:20] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[06:21] | Leo, you think we lost some votes we don’t know about? | 里奥,你认为我们已经流失一些 我们不知道的票数了吗? |
[06:24] | I think we’re about to find out. | 我想我们很快就会知道 |
[06:26] | Sir, if the House successfully overrides the veto, we’re gonna look weak. | 长官,如果议会成功推翻否决 我们看起来就会疲乏无力 |
[06:30] | If the House successfully overrides the veto, we are weak. | 如果议会成功推翻否决 我们就真的疲乏无力 |
[06:36] | NaCl, C.J. | 氯化钠,茜洁 |
[06:38] | – I’m sorry, sir? – Table salt. | -什么? -食�Q |
[06:42] | Send it back. | 送回去吧 主演:罗伯洛 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[07:30] | Good evening. About 15 minutes ago… | 晚安 大约在15分钟前 |
[07:32] | …the clerk of the house presented the executive clerk with HR 10… | 众议院已将第10号议案 呈交给议会书记官 |
[07:36] | …a bill repealing the estate tax, which opponents call the”death tax”… | 废除遗产税的法案 对手称之为“死亡税” |
[07:40] | …or the”we’re coming to get your children” tax. | 又称“我们来抓走你家小孩”税 |
[07:43] | We call it a tax on fewer than 2 percent of estates… | 税源来自低于2%的遗产 |
[07:46] | …valued at over a million dollars… | 总价超过100万美元 |
[07:48] | …the revenue from which helps fund frivolous spending programs… | 这项税收可以资助一些 支出不高的计划 |
[07:51] | …such as teaching people to read and curing disease. | 例如教导人们如何阅读 还有治疗疾病 |
[07:54] | As promised, the president vetoed the bill. | 如我们所允诺 总统将否决该法案 |
[07:57] | This was his first veto since taking office 33 months ago. | 这是他上任33个月以来 首次动用否决权 |
[07:59] | – C.J. – Katie. | -茜洁 -凯蒂 |
[08:01] | – Will there be a vote to override tonight? – Don’t know. | -今晚该否决会被推翻吗? -不知道 |
[08:04] | Do you know why the Republicans are in an emergency session? | -你知道共和党为何召开紧急会议吗? -不知道 |
[08:07] | Would they hold their members back if they didn’t think they could override? | 如果他们自认无法推翻否决 是否会限制党员出席投票? |
[08:11] | You’d have to ask them. | 你必须去问他们 |
[08:13] | – Can you tell us what you’re wearing? – It’s a dress. | -可以告诉我们你今晚穿的是? -晚礼服 |
[08:16] | – C. J… . – Diane Cook. Anything else? | -茜洁 -黛安库克设计的,还有问题吗? |
[08:18] | Okay, I’ll be in for periodic briefings, and we’ll try not to keep you too late. | 好吧,我会再出来做简报 尽量不让各位久等 |
[08:24] | – What’s Sherri Wexler doing here? – It’s Friday night. | -雪丽伟克勒在这里做什么? -今天是周五夜 |
[08:26] | – She’s an entertainment reporter. – Here to cover the Nobel dinner. | -她是娱乐新闻记者 -来报导诺贝尔奖得主 |
[08:30] | Now she’s gotta cover a veto override in the House. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 她现在却跑来报导 议会推翻否决的事 |
[08:32] | She can barely cover the Easter egg hunt. | 她的复活节彩蛋报导做的糟透了 制片:亚力克葛拉夫斯 |
[08:35] | Are you afraid she’s gonna misspell”Diane Cook”? | 你怕她把“黛安库克”写错吗? 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[08:37] | I have to get back to dinner. | 我得回去晚宴了 |
[08:39] | Do you have a copy of the periodic table? | 你有周期表复本吗? |
[08:42] | – No. – Okay. | -没有 -好吧 |
[08:43] | Yeah. | 好 |
[08:45] | Toby. That was the minority leader’s office. They’ve scheduled a vote. | 托比,少数党领袖办公室刚打来 他们正在排投票程序 |
[08:48] | – When? – Ninety minutes. Debate, then a vote. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 -何时? -90分钟后,先讨论然后投票 |
[08:51] | – What do they think? – They think they must be down. | 编剧:艾伦索金 -他们怎么想? -他觉得他们输定了 |
[08:54] | How did we lose votes? | 我们怎么失去选票的? |
[08:56] | A low-in-the-polls president tells Democrats to vote against a tax cut. | 某个民意支持率过低的主席 叫民主党投票反对减税 |
[09:01] | What could possibly have gone wrong? Ginger. | 还有什么事会出错? 金洁 |
[09:03] | We need 10 phone lines in the Roosevelt Room and bodies from legislative affairs. | 在罗斯福办公室装10条电话线 召集立法院代表 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 |
[09:08] | – We need the whip count. – It doesn’t do us any good. | -我们需要重新计票 -这对我们没有好处 |
[09:11] | – We need a new one. – That’s gonna take a while. | -我们需要重新计算 -这得花上一段时间 |
[09:13] | They’re sitting there. Tell them to raise their hands. | 他们就坐在那儿 叫他们把手举起来 |
[09:16] | Any Democratic members who’ve headed for National, get them back. | 邦妮,把所有想进全国委员会的 民主党党员都叫来 |
[09:19] | Page Delta, United and American. Nobody gets on a plane. | 紧急召集 所有人都不准上飞机 |
[09:22] | – They scheduled a vote? – Straight up or down. | -他们在准备投票? -非赞成即反对 |
[09:24] | – When? – They debate in 90 minutes… | -何时? -90分钟后讨论 |
[09:26] | …and vote an hour after. – We need a new whip count. | -一小时后投票 -我们需要重新计票 |
[09:29] | Ginger, the phones, the bodies and keep an open line to the whip’s office. | 金洁,电话跟立法院代表 还有设一条秘书办公室的专线 |
[09:33] | – And get Leo out of the dinner. – Excuse me. | -还有把李奥从晚宴里叫出来 -失陪 |
[09:37] | – Charlie. – Yeah. | -查理 -什么事? |
[09:39] | – How’s the dinner going? – Fine. | -晚宴如何? -很好 |
[09:41] | – You and I should talk. – Yeah? | -我们该谈谈 -什么事? |
[09:43] | The committee’s gonna offer you the chance to give a proffer. | 委员会要给你发表提议的机会 |
[09:46] | – I can’t talk about it. – You know what it is? | -我不能多谈 -你知道内容对吧? |
[09:48] | – I get immunity. – Yeah. | -我有免责权 -对 |
[09:50] | And I’m not allowed to talk about it. | 我不能泄漏内容 |
[09:53] | – Hey. – So, what’s going on? | -嘿 -怎么样? |
[09:55] | We’re waiting for a new whip count. How ready is he on the environment? | 我们正在等重新计票 他对这议事程序熟不熟? |
[09:59] | – He’s been studying. – I can’t be there with him. | -他正在研究 -我不能陪他出席 |
[10:01] | In the Buckland meeting? He’ll be all right. | 你说跟巴克兰开会? 他不会有事的 |
[10:03] | – When’s he doing it? – Sometime after the appetizer. | -何时开会? -上完开胃菜后 |
[10:06] | He needs to look at the latest EPA stats on child asthma. | 他得先过目 环保局对儿童气喘的最新报告 |
[10:09] | He’s got them. | 他知道 |
[10:11] | – What’s going on? – There’s three we can’t account for. | -怎么样? -有3张票不可靠 |
[10:14] | – We think Kimball flipped. – He’d have his committee with him. | -我们认为甘波反了 -他把他的委员会都揽走了 |
[10:17] | – The phone in front of you. – Newhouse? | -电话在你前面 -纽豪斯? |
[10:19] | Newhouse, I don’t believe. Illinois 17 is safe. | 纽豪斯,我不敢相信 伊利诺州的17票已经安全了 |
[10:22] | – What’s happening? – Vote scheduled, don’t have the count. | -怎么了? -投票程序排好了,票数还没算好 |
[10:25] | I don’t think it’s Newhouse or Kimball. | 我不认为是纽豪斯或甘波 |
[10:27] | – It’s Kimball. – If it was Kimball, we’d have… | -是甘波 -如果是甘波,我们就要 |
[10:29] | He’s on the phone right now. | 他正在电话上 |
[10:36] | Congressman, this is Leo McGarry. | 国会议员,我是里奥马加瑞 |
[10:38] | Please come to the White House right away. | 请马上前往白宫 |
[10:42] | – Donna. – I’m right here. Where do you think…? | -唐娜 -我在这儿,他们以为? |
[10:44] | – My tie’s falling apart. – Give me that. | -我的领带松了 -我来 |
[10:47] | – It’s not gonna be… – You’re not gonna be Tom Jones tonight. | -我一定会 -你不会变成汤姆琼斯的 |
[10:51] | Tony Bennett. | 东尼班尼顿 |
[10:56] | – Speaker’s calling a vote? – Yeah. | -发言人召集投票? -对 |
[10:58] | Sam can’t be in the Buckland meeting with you. | 山姆不能陪你出席巴克兰的会议 |
[11:01] | I’ll be all right. | 我没事的 |
[11:02] | He wanted to make sure you looked at the new EPA stats on child asthma. | 他要你过目 最新的环保局儿童气喘报告 |
[11:07] | Can I talk to you about something personal? | 我可以跟你谈件私人的事吗? |
[11:09] | – I gotta get back. Can it wait? – Yeah. | -我得回去了,可以等吗? -好吧 |
[11:14] | – How does it look? – Good. | -我看来如何? -很好 |
[11:18] | – Maybe he wants the compromise. – He doesn’t want a compromise. | -也许他想妥协 -他不想妥协 |
[11:22] | He was ready to settle for a $ 10 million exemption instead of 5. | 他可以接受一千万免税额 但五百万就不行 |
[11:25] | Compromising with a $ 10 million exemption? | 一千万免税额他可以接受? |
[11:27] | Here’s a conversation my father never had. | 我爸可从来没机会说这种话 |
[11:30] | Leo? | 里奥? |
[11:32] | You’re gonna have to give away something… | 有时你必须放弃一些坚持 |
[11:34] | …but don’t give away the store. | 但不能没有原则 |
[11:38] | – Yeah. – Nancy McNally’s in your office. | -什么事? -南西麦纳莉在你办公室 |
[11:40] | – What’s going on? – Something’s happened. | -怎么了? -大事不妙 |
[11:44] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[11:46] | A bomb went off outside a café on Ben-Yehuda in Jerusalem. | 耶路撒冷的班叶和达一间餐馆外 发生炸弹爆炸案 |
[11:50] | It was a suicide bomber. He detonated explosives strapped to his body. | 是自杀爆炸 凶手引爆绑在身上的炸药 |
[11:54] | – How bad is it? – Ten people were killed right away. | -情况有多糟? -10人当场丧生 |
[11:56] | It looks about 125 injured, mostly young adults. | 125人受伤,大部分是年轻人 |
[12:01] | Leo, two of the dead were American students. | 里奥,其中两名死者是美国学生 |
[12:04] | We think they may have been targeted. | 我们研判他们可能是 此次事件的目标 |
[12:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:13] | Margaret, I’ll be in the Situation Room. | 玛格丽特 我会在局势研究室 |
[12:26] | – Leo? – Yeah. | -里奥? -什么事 |
[12:28] | The INP thinks they have traces of C-4. | 国际新闻图片社 发现C-4塑胶炸药 |
[12:30] | – C-4? – Yeah. | -对 |
[12:32] | Did this guy have a car strapped to his chest? | 那家伙胸前绑了一台车吗? |
[12:35] | – Have the parents been notified? – Consul general called the parents. | -通知死者家长了吗? -总领事会通知家长 |
[12:39] | – Has anyone claimed responsibility? – Not yet. | -有任何组织自首吗? |
[12:41] | In the next hour, everyone will claim responsibility. | -还没 再过一小时,大家都会抢着自首 |
[12:44] | Nancy, hasn’t State issued travel warnings since Bekáa? | 南西,内政部发布旅游警告了吗? |
[12:47] | – They went for a soccer match. – Americans were targeted? | -死者是去参加足球赛 -美国人被当成攻击目标? |
[12:50] | Eyewitness accounts indicate the bomber turned to go into the nightclub… | 目击者指出 爆炸自杀者走向酒吧 |
[12:54] | …then stopped when he saw two people… | 当他看到两个人 穿着有徽章跟国旗的 |
[12:56] | …wearing U.S. delegation sweatshirts with insignias and flags. | 美国代表团外套 就停了下来 |
[12:59] | They were brothers. Ariel and Noah Levy. | 他们是兄弟 艾利尔与诺亚列维 |
[13:02] | He walked up to them and detonated. | 他走向他们,然后引爆 |
[13:04] | – We know this? – These are the facts… | -我们的人知道这些消息吗? -这些消息 |
[13:06] | …as relayed by the embassy RSO. | 是由联合暂时增援演习大使透露的 |
[13:08] | And, Mr. President? They think they found traces of C-4. | 还有,总统先生? 我们发现了C-4炸药 |
[13:11] | – Think there’s an Afghan connection? – Or even Iran. | -这件事跟阿富汗有关吗? -甚至伊朗也有 |
[13:14] | We’ll know more when the FBI attaché gives a forensic analysis. | 等到联邦调查局件事报告出来 我们会知道更多详情 |
[13:18] | – How long? – 45 minutes, an hour. | -还要多久? -45分钟或一小时 |
[13:20] | I’m gonna want some temperature-cooling options. | 我需要一些缓和场面的决策 |
[13:22] | – Thank you, sir. – Yes, sir. | -谢谢,长官 -是的,长官 |
[13:25] | Na is sodium. Sodium comes from the word”soda.” | Na是钠 钠来自这个字“苏打” |
[13:27] | Wouldn’t it make sense for the periodic symbol to be related to that? | 周期表符号如果跟字首有关 不是比较合理吗? |
[13:31] | No. Because Na comes from the Latin word”natrium.” | 但是并没有,因为 Na来自拉丁文“Natrium” |
[13:34] | – What does natrium mean? – It means sodium. | -Natrium是什么? -是钠 |
[13:36] | Come on in. | 来吧 |
[13:39] | I’m pretty well briefed. | 我已经听够简报了 |
[13:41] | – Is it on the news yet? – Yeah. | -新闻已经发布了吗? -对 |
[13:43] | They were brothers. | 他们是兄弟 |
[13:44] | – Why were they there? – Soccer match. | -他们为什么在那里? -足球赛 |
[13:46] | Do we know if they were intentional targets? | 他们是国际恐怖份子目标吗? |
[13:49] | – Not yet. We can’t release names. – The Levys lost their sons. | -还不确定,还不能公布名字 -列维夫妇失去了他们的儿子 |
[13:52] | I’ll take the heat for a few hours. | 我会试着缓和一下气氛 |
[13:54] | Tell them the president’s in touch with the prime minister? | 可以告诉他们 总统正在跟以色列总理联络吗? |
[13:57] | Yeah. The Israelis will do what they’ll do, so ratchet down expectations. | 以色列会做他们该做的事 所以别让大家期望太高 |
[14:01] | – Anything else? – No. | -还有吗? -没有 |
[14:03] | – I’m gonna get in there. – Thank you. | -我马上进简报室 -谢谢 |
[14:08] | – Charlie? – Yeah. | -查理? -什么事 |
[14:10] | – I wanna… – I can’t talk about it, C.J. | -我要 -我不能多谈,茜洁 |
[14:12] | – Word is… – Can’t talk about it. | -事情已经 -我不能多谈 |
[14:13] | Talk hypothetically. Say a guy your age was offered a get-out-of-jail-free card. | 假设说一个跟你同龄的男人 有不必坐牢的保证卡 |
[14:17] | Nobody’s going to jail. | 没人进监狱 |
[14:19] | But everybody’s getting lawyers. If you took immunity… | 大家都会请律师 如果你使用免责权 |
[14:22] | – I’d still need a lawyer. – For a few hours, not 100 hours. | -我还是需要律师 -只需要几小时,不用一百小时 |
[14:25] | – I know what you’re thinking. – I really can’t talk about it. | -我知道你在想什么 -我真的不能多说 |
[14:30] | Okay, I’m gonna change my clothes. | 好吧,我要去换衣服了 |
[14:32] | I’ll watch. | 我会看 |
[14:34] | No. | 才怪 |
[14:38] | – What the hell’s going on? – We’re down four votes. | -搞什么鬼? -我们失去四票 |
[14:41] | – I thought it was one. – Three guys are out of reach. | -我以为只有一票 -有三个人找不到 |
[14:44] | – Why? – That’s where they wanted to be. | -为什么? -他们是故意的 |
[14:47] | – Where’s Kimball? – On his way. | -甘波在哪里? -他在路上了 |
[14:49] | – Toby’s waiting for him in back. – Josh? | -托比在后面等他 -乔西? |
[14:51] | – Is he in there? – Yeah. | -他到了吗? -对 |
[14:53] | – Did you look at the child asthma stats? – Yeah. | -你看过儿童气喘的报告了吗? -看了 |
[14:59] | – Governor. – Josh, good to see you. | -州长 -乔西,很高兴看到你 |
[15:02] | Sorry to interrupt dinner. | 抱歉打扰你的晚餐 |
[15:04] | You know Pam Wachtel and Jonathan. | 这位是潘华契尔与强纳森 |
[15:06] | I do. Good to see you guys. Anybody need a drink? | 我认识,很高兴见到你们 需不需要喝点东西? |
[15:09] | – No. – I’m fine. | -不用 -谢谢 |
[15:11] | Thanks, Donna. | 谢谢,唐娜 |
[15:17] | So, governor… | 那么,州长 |
[15:19] | …the president’s a tree-hugger? – I never said that. | -总统是爱树人士? -我没说过这种话 |
[15:23] | “If you want to save an owl, vote for Bartlet. | “如果你想救一只斑点猫头鹰 投给巴特勒 |
[15:26] | – To save a job, vote for someone else”? – I never said that either. | -如果想救工作,投给别人?” -我也没说过那种话 |
[15:29] | No, she did. In the Indianapolis Post. | 她说的,在印第安那波里斯邮报上 |
[15:32] | – You weren’t misquoted, right? – No. | -我没说错吧? -对 |
[15:34] | Okay. Listen. | 好吧,听着 |
[15:36] | I wouldn’t know a spotted owl if he walked up and introduced himself… | 我不知道斑点猫头鹰长什么样 |
[15:40] | …but I do know the president’s a pro-business pragmatist… | 但是我知道总统是个 商业实用主义者 |
[15:43] | …who’s created 3.8 million new jobs. | 他已经制造了380万新工作 |
[15:46] | You ought to tell that to an unemployed steelworker in Indiana. | 你可以把这些告诉 一个印第安那州的钢铁工人 |
[15:49] | He’s working three of those jobs just to pay the mortgage. | 他每天做三份工作 只是为了付房贷 |
[15:52] | The decline isn’t because of the environment. | 景气衰退跟环保无关 |
[15:54] | – Of course it is. – Jonathan… | -当然有关系 -强纳森 |
[15:56] | By raising standards for emissions, he raised the cost of business… | 他提高了废气排放标准 就提高了商业成本 |
[15:59] | …and closed down plants in the Midwest. | 还关闭了中西部的工厂 |
[16:01] | You want to see a study that says if we hadn’t passed the Clean Air Act… | 你知道如果我们 没通过空气清净法案 |
[16:05] | …more people would’ve suffered from heart disease…? | 就会有更多人 罹患心脏疾病、支气管炎、呼吸? |
[16:08] | You know how many healthy people we’ve got on the unemployment line? | 你知道有多少健康的人 还在失业中吗? |
[16:11] | – The EPA stats on child asthma alone… – I don’t want to talk about child asthma. | -光是环保局的儿童气喘报告 -我不想谈儿童气喘 |
[16:16] | Neither does Josh. Will the two of you excuse us, please? | 乔西也是 请两位让我们独处好吗? |
[16:19] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[16:26] | It doesn’t destroy jobs, Jack, it creates them. | 这不会减少工作,杰克 反而会制造工作 |
[16:29] | There’s a $400 billion market… | 有四亿美元的市场 |
[16:31] | …in creating technologies that are environmentally safe. | 能制造更多 对环境无害的高科技产业工作 |
[16:34] | You think a 55-year-old steelworker’s gonna get a job building hybrid engines? | 你认为一个55岁的钢铁工人 可以去盖混燃引擎吗? |
[16:40] | Ask me what you wanna know. | 你想知道什么 |
[16:48] | – You invited Victor Campos to Indiana. – Yeah. | -你邀请维克特甘波到印第安那州 -对 |
[16:52] | – Pam’s quote in the Post-Dispatch. – Yeah. | -潘在州政府新闻报上写的文章 -对 |
[16:59] | Jack, are you gonna challenge the president in the primary? | 杰克,你该不是要在初选时 挑战总统吧? |
[17:03] | Let’s have that drink. | 我们来喝点东西吧 |
[17:11] | – Took you long enough. – I was held up. | -你现在才来 -我在帮别人处理事情 |
[17:13] | – And I’m not about to be. – Yeah? | -我不用你帮忙 -是吗? |
[17:15] | We can win this without you. | 没有你我们也能赢 |
[17:16] | I’ve got four proxies in my pocket, so you can’t do anything without me. | 我口袋里有四张委托书 没有我你什么事也做不成 |
[17:20] | Don’t worry, I came with a shopping list. | 别担心 我是有求而来 |
[17:22] | How does a Democrat from Tennessee… | 一个来自田纳西州的民主党员 |
[17:24] | …where we championed electrification, the Tennessee Valley Authority…? | 我们还在那通过铁路电气化 田纳西河谷管理局? |
[17:30] | – How do you do this to a Democrat? – Estate tax costs 65 cents on the dollar. | -你怎么游说民主党主席的? -每一美元要花65分的遗产税 |
[17:34] | – That’s not my point. – Why would anyone…? | -那不是我的重点 -为什么会有人? |
[17:36] | That’s not my point. You were with us yesterday. | 那不是我的重点 你昨天还支持我们 |
[17:38] | Now you’re holding us hostage. | 现在却扯我们后腿 |
[17:40] | I got some things I’d like to talk about… | 我有事想跟你商量 |
[17:42] | …and I feel I’m in a strong negotiating position. | 我认为我有谈条件的优势 |
[17:45] | – What? – Grazing fees. | -什么? -牧场费 |
[17:46] | – Grazing fees? – Yeah. | -牧场费? -对 |
[17:48] | Grazing fees. | 牧场费 |
[17:51] | Let’s go, we’re running out of time. | 走吧,没时间了 |
[17:53] | I can’t confirm the names of any Americans killed. Arthur? | 我无法证实死者的身分 亚瑟? |
[17:57] | Is the White House ready to call the cease-fire a failure? | 白宫是否准备承认 此次停火协议失败? |
[18:00] | The parties themselves negotiated the terms… | 各国之间已协商过条件 |
[18:02] | …and the U.S. remains committed to the peace process. | 美国仍会继续致力于倡导和平协议 |
[18:05] | – C.J., what do…? – I like to call on people, Sherri. | -茜洁,你认为? -我喜欢自己点名,雪莉 |
[18:08] | What do you say to the people of Dallas who just lost two of their sons? | 你对这对刚失去儿子的夫妇 有什么话要说? |
[18:12] | As I said earlier, we can’t confirm or deny the identities… | 正如我先前所说的 我们无法证实或否认 |
[18:16] | …of any American victims of the bombing. | 在爆炸中身亡的两位美国人的身分 |
[18:18] | How is it that the government, supported by the citizens of Dallas… | 我们的政府 达拉斯市民所支持的政府 |
[18:21] | …knows less than CNN, AP and Israeli TV? | 怎么可能比CNN、美联社 与以色列电视知道的更少? |
[18:26] | I think the citizens of Dallas will understand that the 1974 Privacy Act… | 我想达拉斯市民都知道 1974年的隐私权法案 |
[18:30] | …precludes me from discussing those details until the family gives its consent. | 禁止我公布死者身分 直到死者家属同意 |
[18:35] | Since two Americans were killed, is the U.S. considering retaliating? | 自两位美国人被杀后 美国政府是否考虑采取报复? |
[18:39] | We’re still investigating the circumstances. | 我们还在调查案情 |
[18:41] | We continue to urge all parties to demonstrate restraint. Phil. | 我们持续敦促各国 执行禁制令,菲尔 |
[18:49] | It was a Palestinian splinter group called the Palestine Freedom Front. | 主使者是巴勒斯坦恐怖组织 叫做巴勒斯坦自由前锋 |
[18:54] | – Agency and FBI concur? – Yeah. | -中情局与联邦调查局确认了? -对 |
[18:56] | Then we shouldn’t be looking outside the box. | 那我们就应该就这条线索 深入调查 |
[18:59] | Hutchinson talked with the Israeli foreign minister and the interior minister. | 哈金森已经跟以色列外交部长 与内政部长谈过 |
[19:03] | It was an isolated incident. | 这是偶发意外 |
[19:05] | – Retaliation for Bekáa? – Yeah. | -贝卡的报复行动? -对 |
[19:08] | If that’s the case, I wanna hear it from Arafat’s mouth. | 如果是这样 我希望从阿拉法特口中听到 |
[19:11] | I wanna hear it from him. | 我想从他口中听到 |
[19:13] | A denunciation of violence. | 公开指责暴力 |
[19:15] | I want to see security cooperation with the Israelis. | 我要他跟以色列达成安全协议 |
[19:18] | We’ll have the U.N. secretary general put the screws to the chairman… | 我们会请联合国秘书长 在主席身上施加压力 |
[19:22] | …and Scorza can be at the prime minister’s office. | 史冈萨会进总理办公室 |
[19:25] | Maybe, maybe, maybe we can get Israel to hold their fire tonight. | 也许 我们可以让以色列今晚暂时停火 |
[19:31] | Would you? | 如果是你,你愿意吗? |
[19:34] | No. | 不 |
[19:45] | There are some 30,000 ranchers in Western states… | 西部各州大约有三万个牧场 |
[19:48] | …who graze their cattle on federal lands. | 在联邦政府的土地上牧牛牧羊 |
[19:50] | Yes, and they do it for about one-tenth of market value. | 对,他们这么做 是为了一成的市场利润 |
[19:54] | Based on an archaic formula set by Congress 30 years ago. | 根据国会 在30年前定的古老法律 |
[19:57] | There was cattle 30 years ago. | 30年前有牛羊群吗? |
[19:59] | We don’t want to stick it to ranchers. | 我们不想找牧场主人的麻烦 |
[20:01] | We want to raise grazing fees and use the money to restore streams… | 我们想提高牧场费 并用其中的利润来保护 |
[20:05] | …fish and wildlife habitats that have been destroyed… | 溪中的鱼 跟受到破坏的野生保育地 |
[20:08] | And how do ranchers put food on their tables? | 牧场主人要靠什么过活? |
[20:11] | And yours, for that matter. | 还有你也是 |
[20:12] | It’s cheaper for cattle to graze on federal lands than to feed a hound. | 在联邦土地上喂养牛羊 比把他们拿去喂狗便宜多了 |
[20:16] | It’s easier to sell out the Western states you won’t win anyway… | 把你们一定会输掉的 西部各州卖掉 |
[20:20] | …than to help cattlemen whose prices are plummeting. | 比帮助价格下跌的牧场主人 容易多了 |
[20:22] | If you look at the range land… | 如果你看过牧场 |
[20:24] | I don’t wanna look at the range land anymore. | 我不要再讨论牧场了 |
[20:27] | A one-year moratorium. | 一年停收 |
[20:31] | The president waits a year before he tries to raise the fees? | 总统等一年后才提高费用吗? |
[20:34] | One year. Go vote. | 就一年,去投票 |
[20:37] | No. I’ve got more. | 不够,我还有条件 |
[20:41] | – Really? – A GAO review… | -是吗? -请总审计局调查 |
[20:43] | …of the deficiencies in the Freedom to Farm Act… | 农场自由法的赤字 |
[20:46] | …and the need for a stronger farm safety net. | 还要加强农场安全网路 |
[20:48] | Administration support for an increase in production flexibility contracts… . | 要求行政部门支持 增加生产力弹性契约 |
[20:52] | – Donna. – Yeah. | -唐娜 -什么事? |
[20:54] | – I need Josh. – He’s still in with… | -我需要乔西 -他还在 |
[20:56] | Tell him we’re gonna need more time. | 告诉他我们还需要更多时间 |
[21:03] | Excuse me, governor, I’m sorry. Josh? | 不好意思,州长,打扰了 乔西? |
[21:10] | – Yeah. – Sam says they need more time. | -什么事 -山姆说他们需要更多时间 |
[21:13] | Tell him to call the minority leader. Tell him we need to stage an exhibition. | 叫他连络少数党领袖 告诉他我们要排展示 |
[21:17] | Will he know how that works? | 他知道运作方法吗? |
[21:18] | No exhibitions allowed on the House floor. | 议院楼层不允许有展示 |
[21:20] | One of our members brings a poster on the floor, another one objects… | 请民主党员带一张海报到楼层 另外一位成员反对 |
[21:24] | …the chair has to rule, followed by a vote of the full House… | 首席必须管理秩序 全体议员必须投票一致通过 |
[21:27] | …and that’ll buy 20 minutes. | 我们就多了20分钟 |
[21:29] | So… | 那么 |
[21:32] | …you’re polling at slightly less than 5 percent in lowa. | 你在爱荷华的民意调查 几乎不到5% |
[21:36] | After hearing your issue profile, that number actually goes down. | 听过你的政见后 该数据还下滑了 |
[21:40] | Thirty-nine percent of caucus-goers wouldn’t even consider voting for you. | 39%的党员根本不考虑投给你 |
[21:43] | “Shares our values,” 18 percent. | “价值观相同”18% |
[21:46] | – Did you know that? – No. | -你知道吗? -不 |
[21:48] | In New Hampshire, 3 percent. | 新罕布夏州,3% |
[21:50] | “Shares our values,” 14 percent. | “价值观相同”14% |
[21:52] | After hearing your profile, 41 percent think you’re a Republican. | 听过你的政见之后 41%的人以为你是共和党员 |
[21:57] | – Did you know that? – No. | -你知道吗? -不 |
[21:59] | South Dakota, 3 percent. Georgia, 8 percent. New York, 7 percent. | 南达科塔,3% 乔治亚州,8%,纽约州,7% |
[22:03] | – Did you know any of that? – No. | -你都不知道吗? -不 |
[22:05] | You don’t even have the money to do out-of-state polling right now. | 你不知道这些数据是因为 你根本没钱办跨州民意调查 |
[22:09] | – So you helped me out. – I did. | -那你算帮了我 -我是帮了你 |
[22:10] | Now, with those kinds of numbers and no kind of money… | 你现在凭着这些数字 没有钱 |
[22:14] | …how can you expect…? – Where were the president’s numbers? | -你怎么能赢得了呢? -总统的数字在哪? |
[22:17] | And what money did he have…? | 他又有什么钱可以挑战? |
[22:19] | He wasn’t challenging a sitting president. | 他不是要挑战现任总统 |
[22:21] | Nobody challenges a sitting president in a primary by going to his right. | 初选时,没有人可以 在现任总统身边挑战他 |
[22:25] | This isn’t a serious challenge you’re contemplating, so tell me what it is. | 你不是认真要挑战他吧 告诉我你到底在想什么 |
[22:29] | If it isn’t a serious challenge, why are you here? | 如果我不是要认真挑战他 那你为什么在这里? |
[22:32] | Your health. | 为了你的健康 |
[22:35] | We don’t like your health. | 你健康状况不佳 |
[22:39] | You’re a Heisman Trophy-winning football player, a U.S. Olympian… | 你是赢过海斯曼杯的足球球员 代表美国参加奥林匹克 |
[22:42] | …you still run the New York Marathon… | 你还在跑纽约马拉松 |
[22:45] | …and every time we see B-roll of you… | 每次我们在地方球队俱乐部 |
[22:48] | …tossing a ball around at the local Boys Club… | 看见你奋力掷铅球 |
[22:51] | …it makes people think the president’s gotta campaign in an oxygen tent. | 这会让大家以为总统 要戴氧气罩打选战 |
[22:57] | Well, it sounds like a bit of a serious challenge. | 这样的确有挑战的意味 |
[23:02] | It sounds like I need to be listened to. | 该是人民听见我声音的时候了 |
[23:08] | You want to see me do some pushups? | 想看我做几下伏地挺身吗? |
[23:12] | Yeah, that’s what I want. | 想,我想我需要 |
[23:16] | What do we know? | 有什么最新情报? |
[23:18] | Keyhole sees 12 Israeli F-15s at Hatzerim Air Base. | 基霍尔在哈泽林空军基地 发现12架以色列F-15军机 |
[23:21] | – What are they armed with? – Eight AIM Sidewinders. | -武器配备有什么? -8颗响尾蛇空对空飞弹 |
[23:23] | Pilots are in the cockpits, we see heat plumes. | 飞行员在驾驶舱里 我们看见机尾冒烟 |
[23:26] | We’ve also got 10 Douglas AH Apache Longbows airborne from Bezet. | 我们在巴则特 有10架阿帕契长弓直升机 |
[23:29] | They’re armed with Hellfires. | 配备有地狱火飞弹 |
[23:31] | – Any chance it’s a training exercise? – It always is. | -可能是军事演习吗? -一向都是 |
[23:34] | – What are the targets? – Looks like the Abu Sneni Bab… | -目标是谁? -阿布施奈巴 |
[23:37] | …and al-Sheikh neighborhoods in Hebron, a police station in Ramallah… | 黑布隆的阿席卡周边 拉马哈警察局 |
[23:40] | …and Al-Watan, which is the newspaper of Hamas. | 还有阿瓦达 是一间哈玛斯报社 |
[23:43] | But we could be wrong. | 但我们也有可能猜错 |
[23:45] | Arab reaction? | 阿拉伯方面的反应呢? |
[23:46] | Egypt will call for an Arab summit if Israel retaliates. | 以色列如果采取报复 埃及就会召开高峰会议 |
[23:49] | – Nancy, what about the C-4? – This is what’s interesting. | -南西,C-4的事调查得如何? -这就有趣了 |
[23:52] | The agency indicates that the bomber had ties to Abdul Mujeeb. | 我们调查出该名炸弹客 可能跟阿布达木吉有关联 |
[23:56] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗? -对 |
[23:58] | Well, that may be our way out. | 就朝那个方向进行 |
[24:01] | All right, that may be it. | 好吧,那就这样 |
[24:02] | – Sally, I need to see the president. – Yes, sir. | -莎莉,我有事要见总统 -好的,长官 |
[24:06] | The networks want you live next time you brief, okay? | 电视台希望你下次做现场简报 可以吗? |
[24:09] | – Yeah. – Sherri Wexler’s about to do her standup. | -好啊 -雪莉伟克勒会做现场报导 |
[24:12] | They can’t send someone who knows what they’re doing? | 他们就不能派 正经一点的人来报吗? |
[24:14] | She thinks she knows what she’s doing. | 她以为自己最适合 |
[24:16] | – I have to watch this? – I thought you showed great restraint. | -我一定得看吗? -你不是很有忍耐力吗? |
[24:20] | Walk softly… . And do something else. | 步调轻柔然后再 |
[24:23] | – Carry a big stick. – Yeah. Walk softly. Walk around. | -严以待人 -对,但要步调轻柔,到处打探 |
[24:26] | … the White House not able to confirm or deny at this point… | 白宫到此时 仍无法证实或否认 |
[24:30] | … the names of the Americans or, in fact, if any Americans were involved at all. | 死者的名字,或甚至 死者是不是美国人 |
[24:35] | In the meantime, debate continues on Capitol Hill… | 同时 国会山庄的争议仍持续进行 |
[24:38] | … over the president’s veto of the legislation repealing the estate tax. | 关于总统否决废除遗产税一案 |
[24:42] | So it’s a tense night here, Alan, as staffers and press burn the midnight oil. | 今晚气氛将会非常凝重,艾伦 所有官员与媒体都必须挑灯夜战 |
[24:48] | Sherri, going back to the suicide bomber… | 雪莉 关于炸弹自杀客一事 |
[24:50] | … you say the White House can ‘t confirm whether Americans were involved… | 你说白宫还无法证实 死者是否为美国人 |
[24:54] | Yes, I should say the Press Secretary C.J. Cregg… | 是的,我应该说 媒体发言人茜洁葛瑞 |
[24:57] | … can ‘t confirm if Americans were involved. | 无法证实死者是否为美国人 |
[25:00] | It’s not clear the extent to which C.J. ‘s in the loop on this. | 我们不清楚茜洁对这件事 是否有蒙在鼓里之虞 |
[25:05] | I can tell you, she’s changed her clothes several times throughout the evening. | 但是我可以告诉你 她整晚倒是换了好几套衣服 |
[25:09] | I’m sorry, Sherri, say again? | 抱歉,雪莉,可以再说一次吗? |
[25:11] | I say, C.J. Cregg’s known to be a bit of a clotheshorse… | 我是说 茜洁有点以爱打扮出名 |
[25:15] | … and perhaps she’s missed some information… | 所以也许她每换一次衣服 |
[25:17] | … during one of her wardrobe changes. | 就可能漏掉一些讯息 |
[25:21] | Well… | 那个 |
[25:23] | …turns out she did know what she was doing. | 她果然知道自己在做什么 |
[25:26] | You want me to take care of it? | 你要我去处理吗? |
[25:29] | I’ll take care of it. | 我可以自己处理 |
[25:33] | – Hey, Margaret. – He’ll be here in just a minute. | -玛格丽特 -他马上就过来 |
[25:37] | I’ll be back in a second. Charlie? | 我马上回来,查理? |
[25:41] | – Can’t talk about it. – You don’t even know what I’m saying. | -我不能多谈 -你还不知道我要说什么 |
[25:43] | – Immunity? – Yeah. | -免责权? -对 |
[25:45] | I can’t talk about it. | 我不能多谈 |
[25:47] | – I could’ve been talking about a vaccine. – That’s immunization. | -我本来要说疫苗的事 -那是免疫力 |
[25:50] | – Yeah. – Come on. | -是啊 -来吧 |
[25:56] | So, what’s happening in there? | 开会开的如何? |
[25:59] | We’ve given him a one-year moratorium on grazing fees… | 我们暂停征收一年的牧场费 |
[26:02] | …support for an increase in the production flexibility contracts… | 支持增加生产力弹性契约 |
[26:05] | …a promise not to lower agricultural export subsidies. | 允诺不减少农业外销补助金 |
[26:09] | We’re up to a tougher FDA crackdown on the illegal use of antibiotics in milk. | 我们正要求食品管理局制裁 在牛奶中非法添加抗生素 |
[26:14] | – Are you kidding…? – I swear to God. | -你在开玩笑? -我发誓 |
[26:16] | How’s Buckland? | 巴克兰的条件呢? |
[26:17] | He wants a seat at the table, that’s for sure. | 他想在幕僚中有一席 那是一定的 |
[26:20] | How far do we go? | 我们可以让这家伙让到多少? |
[26:21] | – Can I offer Buckland…? – No. | -我可以给巴克兰? -不行 |
[26:24] | – He’ll keep mouthing off… – I don’t care, take him out. | -他不会闭嘴的 -我不管,把他撵走 |
[26:26] | Enough is enough. | 我已经受够了 |
[26:28] | First Victor Campos, then Kimball and his band of four, then Buckland? | 先是维克特金宝,然后是甘波 跟他的四票,然后巴克兰? |
[26:33] | Tell him we’ll put it out he tried to blackmail the president… | 告诉他我们会把他抹黑总统的事 公布出来 |
[26:36] | …unless he caved to industry on clear air, clean water, climate control… | 除非他在工业界提供 清洁空气跟水、气候控制等方面屈服 |
[26:40] | …and worker safety. Emphasize worker safety. | 还有工人安全 特别强调工人安全 |
[26:43] | That’ll get him in good with the unions. | 那会让他在工会有面子 |
[26:45] | Everyone will know the leak came from us. | 大家就会知道是我们走漏消息 |
[26:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:52] | Know what? Bill Russell was getting eaten alive… | 你们知道吗? 篮球员比尔罗素常被生吞活剥 |
[26:54] | …because they could never get him to throw an elbow. | 是因为他们从来没办法 让他出手推挤他人 |
[26:57] | He didn’t want to do it, so Red Auerbach told him to do it one time. | 他不想这么做 所以他的教练叫他推一次就好 |
[27:02] | “Throw an elbow in a nationally televised game… | 他说: “在全国转播电视上 推挤别人一次 |
[27:05] | …you’ll never have to do it again.” | 以后你就都不用再做了” |
[27:08] | You bet your ass they’ll know the leak came from us. | 他们绝对会知道 是我们走漏风声 |
[27:11] | Toby, whatever’s on the table in there… | 托比,不论桌上条件是什么 |
[27:14] | …take it or leave it. | 不接受就全盘丢掉 |
[27:17] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you. | -是的,长官 -谢谢 |
[27:18] | Thanks, Leo. | 谢谢,里奥 |
[27:24] | – Hang on. – What? | -等等 -什么事? |
[27:26] | – Listen. – Yeah? | -听着 -怎样? |
[27:27] | What’s on the table, don’t you…? | 桌上条件是什么,你不? |
[27:30] | Grazing fees, farm nets, milk subsidies. | 牧场费、农场安全网 牛乳补助金 |
[27:32] | What’s on the table, aren’t they the same things a Republican would want? | 这些桌上条件 不是跟共和党的要求一样吗? |
[27:35] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:37] | – Let’s offer it to them. – Offer it to who? | -那就答应这些条件吧 -给谁? |
[27:40] | The Republicans. Royce. | 共和党,罗伊斯 |
[27:42] | He’ll carry six Republicans. That’ll be seven votes. | 他会带来六张共和党的票 我们就有七张票了 |
[27:45] | When Kimball sees we’re gonna win, he’ll hop onboard… | 甘波看到我们快赢了 他就会倒过来 |
[27:48] | …so we’ve got a bigger margin. | 所以我们获胜空间还很大 |
[27:50] | C.J. can make a big deal of bipartisanship, but mostly… | 茜洁一定会对两党政治有很多话说 但大多数情况下 |
[27:53] | – We threw an elbow. – On national TV. | -我们就做出大动作吧 -在全国性电视上 |
[28:06] | We were talking about a tougher FDA crackdown… | 我们刚好谈到 食品管理局对牛乳中 |
[28:08] | …on illegal uses of antibiotics in milk, such as excess dosages of… | 非法添加抗生素的制裁 例如过量的 |
[28:13] | No. | 不行 |
[28:16] | Well, I wouldn’t be so quick to say no. | 我可不会那么快就说不 |
[28:19] | I think I will. | 我会 |
[28:21] | – No to the FDA crackdown? – No to everything. | -拒绝食品管理局制裁? -拒绝所有条件 |
[28:25] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[28:27] | I mean no to the FDA crackdown, no to lower agriculture subsidies… | 我拒绝食品管理局制裁 拒绝调降农业补助金 |
[28:32] | …no to the production flexibility contracts, no to the GAO review. | 拒绝生产力弹性契约 拒绝做审计局赤字调查 |
[28:37] | And the president will seek to raise the grazing fees at any time he sees fit. | 而且只要时候一到 总统随时可以调高牧场费 |
[28:46] | We’re gonna need the room. Would you mind, congressman? | 我们需要这个房间 请回避好吗,议员? |
[28:49] | – Well… – Congressman. | -那么 -议员 |
[28:52] | We’re a little pressed for time. | 我们时间不够了 |
[29:02] | – Good luck. – Thank you very much. | -祝好运 -谢谢您 |
[29:05] | Ginger… | 金洁 |
[29:07] | …we need Congressman Robert Royce, Republican of Pennsylvania… | 麻烦打通电话 给宾州共和党议员 |
[29:12] | …on the phone. | 罗伯罗伊斯 |
[29:15] | Okay. Well… | 好吧 |
[29:18] | …now this really needs to work. | 不成功便成仁 |
[29:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:28] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[29:31] | – How you feeling? – Don’t get too close. | -感觉如何? -别太靠近我 |
[29:33] | – It’s all right. – I’m like a petri dish over here. | -没关系 -我觉得自己像团烂泥 |
[29:36] | Yeah, you’re pretty gross. | 是啊,你是看起来一团乱 |
[29:38] | – How’s the dinner? – It’s good. | -晚餐如何? -还不错 |
[29:40] | But… | 不过 |
[29:43] | …a suicide bomber got two American kids in Jerusalem. | 一名炸弹自杀客在耶路撒冷 杀了两个美国人 |
[29:46] | – No. – Yeah. | -天哪 -是啊 |
[29:47] | – Were they targeted? – We’re pretty sure. | -他们是目标吗? -我们很肯定 |
[29:50] | We’ve got some things going. | 我们得采取一些动作 |
[29:51] | – How old were they? – Nineteen and 21. | -他们几岁? -19跟21岁 |
[29:55] | They were brothers. | 是兄弟 |
[29:57] | – You speak to Zoey today? – No. | -你今天跟柔依说过话吗? -还没 |
[30:00] | I thought the deal was she calls once a day. | 我以为我们说好 她会每天打一通电话 |
[30:02] | She calls most days. | 她几乎每天打 |
[30:05] | I want her to call every day. | 我希望她每天打 |
[30:07] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:08] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:13] | – You need anything? – No. | -你需要什么吗? -不用 |
[30:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:28] | We can connect the bomber to Abdul Mujeeb. | 这名炸弹客跟阿布达木吉有关 |
[30:31] | – How? – Traces of C-4… | -怎么会? -有C-4塑胶炸药 |
[30:32] | …and other chemicals that are tagged. | 还有其他有标记的化学品 |
[30:37] | So you think I get on the phone with the chairman…? | 我应该打通电话给主席吗? |
[30:40] | I think you get on the phone and tell him to hand Abdul Mujeeb to the Israelis. | 我认为你应该打通电话给他 要他把阿布达木吉交给以色列 |
[30:46] | You remind him Israeli secret police are gonna kill him anyway. | 提醒他,反正以色列秘密警察 到头来也会杀了他 |
[30:49] | – It’s gonna take more than that. – If it does, you tell him… | -这样还不够 -如果是这样,你再告诉他 |
[30:52] | We’ll withhold the 100 million in NGO aid if they don’t hand him over. | 如果他们不把他交出来 就冻结一亿美元的国际救援金 |
[30:56] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[30:58] | And you think handing him over puts the pin back in the grenade? | 你认为只要把他交出来 就能相安无事吗? |
[31:02] | For a day. | 至少一天 |
[31:04] | – For a day? – Yeah. | -一天? -对 |
[31:10] | – All right, set up the call. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -好吧,去打电话吧 -谢谢,总统先生 |
[31:15] | – This isn’t… – Hang on. Hang on… | -这不是 -等等 |
[31:17] | No, you hang on, Josh. I’m the governor of Indiana. You hang on. | 不,你等等,乔西 我是印第安那州州长,先让我说 |
[31:21] | You’re saying I should get out of the race because I’m too healthy… | 你是说因为我太健康 才应该退出选战 |
[31:25] | …and you’re telling me I’m making a flaky argument? | 你还说我专唱高调,曲高合寡? |
[31:28] | How can I keep advocating the issues that I care about… | 如果你不让我加入选战 |
[31:31] | …if I don’t get into the race for a while? | 我要怎么喊出我关心的议题? |
[31:34] | – I’m so sorry. Josh? – Yeah. | -抱歉,乔西? -什么事 |
[31:43] | Sam needs more time. | 山姆需要更多时间 |
[31:45] | Tell him to have a Democrat call for a journal vote. | 告诉他请一位民主党员 提议纪录投票 |
[31:47] | If a member calls for a journal vote… | 如果有党员要求纪录投票 |
[31:49] | …the full House has to approve the floor activity. | 所有国会成员 都必须同意先前的楼层活动 |
[31:52] | Then he can have a member try to attach an amendment to the override vote. | 他可以请一位党员提出 推翻否决投票的修正案 |
[31:56] | – What kind of amendment? – Doesn’t matter. | -什么修正案? -那不重要 |
[31:58] | “To qualify for the estate-tax repeal, the estates have to have AstroTurf.” | “如果要符合免除遗产税资格 该地产必须要有某某牌的草地” |
[32:02] | And still, it’s hard to figure why Congress can’t get anything done. | 我还是搞不懂 国会为什么什么事都做不好 |
[32:12] | – I’m sorry. – No, that’s all right. | -我很抱歉 -不,没有关系 |
[32:15] | There’s a lot going on here tonight. | 今晚这里事情很多 |
[32:17] | I meant, I’m sorry. | 我是说,我真的很抱歉 |
[32:22] | You came through for us in Indiana, really the whole Midwest. | 你大老远飞越整个中西部 从印第安那州飞过来 |
[32:28] | You’d have been great in the number two spot. | 你一直都是最佳的第二号人选 |
[32:30] | It was me as much as anyone pushing Hoynes. | 我跟大家一样 都对何尼斯很不满 |
[32:32] | – You couldn’t win without Hoynes. – Yeah. | -没有何尼斯你们不可能获胜 -是啊 |
[32:37] | I’m term-limited, Josh. | 我的任期快到了,乔西 |
[32:40] | And I still have things I want to say. | 但我还有话要说 |
[32:44] | Listen, I have instructions to… . | 听着,我接到上面指示 |
[32:48] | – You know… . – To bust me. | -你知道 -揭发我 |
[32:50] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:54] | If I could convince Leo to put you on the short list… | 如果我能说服里奥 让你加入幕僚 |
[32:58] | …think you could say what you wanna say? | 你就能畅所欲言了吗? |
[33:01] | You can’t offer me quid pro quo, it’s against the law. | 你不能给我补偿 这是违法的 |
[33:04] | But I can tell you that Carl Reed wants to accept a position at Shearson… | 卡尔理德要去接一个新职位 |
[33:07] | …and he’ll be leaving in about three months. | 再过三个月他就离职了 |
[33:11] | You guys are that afraid of my health, huh? | 你们还真担心我的健康 对吧? |
[33:13] | Well, we’re afraid of everything. | 我们什么都担心 |
[33:17] | But no kidding, Jack, I… . | 我可不是在开玩笑,杰克,我 |
[33:20] | I think you’d make an interesting nominee for labor secretary. | 我认为你会是劳委会秘书长 的最佳人选 |
[33:25] | So if I could convince Leo… . | 只要我能说服里奥 |
[33:27] | I’m gonna go see if there’s any dessert left. | 我回去看看还有没有点心 |
[33:33] | Thank you, governor. | 谢谢你,州长 |
[33:39] | I wanna make sure I understand this. | 先让我搞懂这是怎么一回事 |
[33:41] | You’re offering a one-year moratorium on grazing fees. | 你们停收一年的牧场费 |
[33:44] | – Yeah. – A GAO review of the need… | -对 -审计局调查 |
[33:46] | …for a stronger farm safety net. – Yeah. | -是否需要增强农业安全网 -对 |
[33:49] | A promise not to lower agricultural export subsidies. | 保证不调降农业外销补助金 |
[33:52] | And a tougher FDA crackdown on what? | 还有食品管理局管制什么? |
[33:54] | The illegal use of antibiotics in milk. | 牛乳中非法添加抗生素 |
[33:57] | In exchange for my vote to sustain the veto. | 以交换我的票支持否决 |
[33:59] | And the six that come with you. | 还有跟随你的其他六票 |
[34:01] | – Same deal you were offering to Kimball? – Yes. | -跟你提供给甘波的条件一样? -对 |
[34:04] | – And he was ready to take it? – Yes. | -他已经准备好要答应了? -对 |
[34:06] | I don’t want it. | 我不要 |
[34:15] | You’ve been uneasy about the estate tax from the beginning. | 你从一开始就不满遗产税的事 |
[34:19] | That’s right, I have. And yet, the White House did what it always does. | 没错,我的确是 白宫总是我行我素 |
[34:22] | It went to the extreme flank of its own party. | 自己的政党过于绑手绑脚 |
[34:25] | Which meant more arm-wrestling, dealmaking… | 浪费太多时间在彼此角力 协商上 |
[34:28] | …billions wasted in pork-barrel promises. | 也浪费太多钱在利益承诺上 |
[34:30] | – What are you saying? – That the moderates get shut out. | -什么意思? -温和派的人都被消音了 |
[34:35] | Let me tell you something. The idea of repealing the estate tax… | 让我告诉你一件事 废除遗产税这件事 |
[34:39] | …makes me embarrassed to be a Republican. | 让我耻于当一个共和党党员 |
[34:41] | We used to be about the sensible center, fiscal discipline. | 我们曾经拥有 实际的中心思想,财政原则 |
[34:44] | A tax break for billionaires? Of course this thing should be vetoed. | 让亿万富翁减轻税负? 这种事当然要否决 |
[34:48] | It was a Republican named Oliver W. Holmes who said: | 曾经有个共和党员 奥立佛何姆斯说过: |
[34:51] | “Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society.” | “税是我们要为文明社会 付出的代价” |
[34:55] | – Are you saying…? – Don’t target me for defeat. | -你的意思是? -如果否决失败,别来怪我 |
[34:59] | I’m vulnerable in my district. | 我在我的选区已经够危险了 |
[35:01] | The DNC will run a conservative Democrat. | 民主党委员会主席 必须是保守派 |
[35:04] | If elected, he won’t even be photographed with the president… | 如果选上主席 他连跟总统拍照的机会都没有 |
[35:07] | …much less vote with him. | 更不可能跟他一起投票 |
[35:08] | Take a look around at all the Democrats running from you right now. | 自己瞧瞧 从你们身边逃走的民主党党员吧 |
[35:14] | Do you even know who your friends are anymore? | 你们到底知不知道 谁才是朋友? |
[35:18] | If we do our best to see that you’re not seriously challenged…? | 如果我们尽量保证 不让你们受到质疑呢? |
[35:21] | You have seven new votes tonight. | 今晚我会给你们七张新票 |
[35:26] | Oh, and throw in the milk thing. | 牛乳那件事也算在里面吧 |
[35:28] | Go vote, congressman. | 去投票吧,议员 |
[35:41] | You’re home. | 你回来了 |
[35:51] | You. Get in here. | 你,给我过来 |
[36:02] | – Take the immunity. – I’m not allowed… | -我给你免责权 -我不被允许 |
[36:04] | – Take it. – Is anyone else taking it? | -接受吧 -有人接受过吗? |
[36:06] | – No one else is being offered it. – Would they take it if they were? | -没有人有机会 -如果有机会呢? |
[36:09] | Who knows what’s gonna happen with this prosecution? | 谁知道法院里会生什么事? |
[36:12] | It’s a partisan prosecution. You could go broke. | 这是党内法庭 你可能会死的很惨 |
[36:15] | You could be barred from law school. | 再也进不了法学院 |
[36:20] | – Doesn’t immunity imply guilt? – Not necessarily. | -免责权不是暗示有罪吗? -不一定 |
[36:23] | And if someone in my position took a deal to protect himself… | 如果有人跟我一样 接受免责权来保护自己 |
[36:29] | …what would that person be saying to his employer? | 那他有什么脸来面对雇主呢? |
[36:32] | – They were wrong to trust him? – Don’t be a hero. | -他们根本不该相信他? -别逞英雄 |
[36:34] | Why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[36:38] | I’ll stay with my team. | 我会追随我的团队 |
[36:42] | People should stop trying to get me not to do that. | 你们不该逼我背叛我的人 |
[36:47] | Leo? | 李奥? |
[36:52] | Anyway, I’m not supposed to talk about it. | 反正我也不应该多谈 |
[36:56] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[37:06] | – Nancy. – Thanks. | -南西到了 -谢谢 |
[37:12] | What are you smiling at? | 你在笑什么? |
[37:14] | Palestinian police arrested Mujeeb at his residence in Gaza. | 巴勒斯坦警方在凶手 在加沙的居所逮捕到凶手 |
[37:22] | Margaret. | 玛格丽特 |
[37:25] | – Yeah. – Get me C.J. on the phone. | -什么事 -帮我接茜洁的电话 |
[37:28] | And see if there’s still any food over there. | 顺便问一下还有没有东西可吃 |
[37:34] | I got away with this, but you should really learn how to tie a bow tie. | 这个东西勉强可以用 不果你真该学学怎么打领结 |
[37:38] | Or you could. | 你也该学学 |
[37:39] | Yeah, but that doesn’t seem that likely, right? | 不过不太可能 对吧? |
[37:41] | – You can go home. – I’ll stick around. | -你可以回家了 -我可以再待一下 |
[37:43] | You wanted to talk to me about something before. | 你先前说你有话要跟我说 |
[37:46] | Yeah. Listen. | 对,听着 |
[37:50] | I was fixed up on a blind date a few nights ago. | 我几天前经朋友介绍 接受一场盲目约会 |
[37:53] | – When? – A few nights ago… | -何时? -几天前 |
[37:55] | …and Ainsley fixed us up. | 艾金丝莉帮我找的 |
[37:57] | He’s a Republican lawyer working for Ways and Means… | 他是共和党律师 为众议院筹款委员会工作 |
[38:00] | …but he was being transferred… | 但是他刚被调职 |
[38:02] | …and it turns out now he’s on Government Oversight, so… | 到众议院监督政府专案 所以 |
[38:05] | – You can’t see him anymore. – I know that. | -你不能再见他了 -我知道 |
[38:08] | – You can’t see him anymore. – I know that. | -你不能再见他了 -我知道 |
[38:11] | – It was just that night? – Yeah. | -只有那晚吗? -对 |
[38:14] | No. | 不是 |
[38:18] | We got together the next night again. We shouldn’t have. | 我们第二天又见面了 真不应该 |
[38:22] | Yeah. | 对 |
[38:25] | Look, when we got together the first time… | 当我们第一次见面时 |
[38:28] | You just thought he was with Ways and Means… | 你以为他只是为 众议院筹款委员会工作 |
[38:31] | …who I was battling on the estate tax. | 也是我争取取消遗产税 的最大敌人 |
[38:34] | – I’m sorry if… – Did any reporters see you? | -我很抱歉 -有记者看到你们吗? |
[38:36] | – No. – The second night? | -没有 -第二天呢? |
[38:39] | No. | 没有 |
[38:41] | All right. You can go home. | 很好,你可以回家了 |
[38:44] | The president wants you in five minutes. | 总统要你五分钟后去见他 |
[38:48] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[38:56] | – C.J. – Phil. | -茜洁 -菲尔 |
[38:57] | Did the president urge the chairman to hand over Abdul Mujeeb? | 总统是否强烈要求主席 交出阿布达木吉? |
[39:00] | The president urged the parties to abide by the terms of the cease-fire… | 总统只是敦促各国 遵守停火协议的规定 |
[39:04] | …and he reiterated the U.S. commitment to the peace process. Katie. | 并重申美国对和平的承诺 凯娣 |
[39:08] | A report out of Gaza says the president threatened… | 加沙有一份报告指出 总统威胁 |
[39:11] | …to withhold more than $ 100 million to Palestinian NGOs… | 要冻结巴勒斯坦国际救援金 超过一亿美元 |
[39:14] | …unless the chairman handed over Mujeeb. | 除非主席把木吉交出来 |
[39:16] | I won’t get into the details of the diplomatic exchange. | 我不会谈到外交利益交换的细节 |
[39:19] | There’ll be more on that tomorrow. | 明天将可提供更多消息 |
[39:21] | The House is getting ready to vote on the override of the president’s veto. | 白宫即将举行投票 是否推翻总统的否决 |
[39:25] | You’ll all want to cover that. | 你们都想报导 |
[39:26] | I thought it might be helpful if we brushed up on the rules. | 这是总统的第一个否决案 我先为大家复习一下议事规则好了 |
[39:30] | Sherri, how many votes does it take to override a veto? | 雪莉 你知道推翻否决需要多少票吗? |
[39:33] | – I’m sorry? – How many votes to override, Sherri? | -请再说一次? -多少票才能推翻否决,雪莉? |
[39:36] | – A majority. – It takes two-thirds. | -多数票 -三分之二多数票 |
[39:38] | – Yes, a two-thirds majority. – Yeah, 290. | -对,三分之二多数票 -对,290张票 |
[39:40] | And how many votes does it take to sustain? | 需要多少票才能维持否决呢? |
[39:43] | Just subtract 290 from the total number of members in the House and add one. | 只要把所有众议员减去290 再加1就是了 |
[39:48] | How many people sit in the House of Representatives, Sherri? | 你知道众议员的总数吗 雪莉? |
[39:55] | Get the notes from a classmate. That’s all, guys. I’ll see you in the morning. | 跟同学抄笔记吧 今晚到此为止,明天早上见 |
[40:03] | – They’re meeting in the Oval Office. – Thanks. | -他们在椭圆办公室开会 -谢谢 |
[40:06] | – C.J. – Hey. | -茜洁 -什么事 |
[40:08] | – That was totally uncalled-for. – Yeah? | -你那么做很不上道 -是吗? |
[40:10] | My competitors are gonna show that tape. Every local station in town… | 其他电视台一定在所有地方电视台 放刚才发生的片段 |
[40:14] | Are you crazy? That thing’s going out to 154 affiliates. | 你疯了吗? 那个数字是154名党员 |
[40:17] | I changed because it’s not appropriate to talk about death while wearing a gown. | 我去换衣服是因为 谈论死者时穿晚礼服十分不妥 |
[40:22] | You knew that because you’re stupid, but you’re not stupid, you know? | 如果你不知道,你就是笨蛋 但是你又不笨,你知道吗? |
[40:25] | Security’s gonna take your credentials. I’ll decide if you get into the room. | 安全人员会调查你的资格 我再决定你可不可以进白宫 |
[40:29] | I’m taking your spot on Pebble Beach. Do your standups from Lafayette Park. | 你的新闻车不能到石滩 只准在拉法叶公园做戏场报导 |
[40:33] | One more word, and every other station gets an exclusive with the president. | 再说一个字,所有电视台都可以 独家专访总统,除了你以外 |
[40:37] | Hunting season on me is over. | 不准再攻击我 |
[40:41] | And the chemical abbreviation for table salt is NaCI. | 还有食�Q的化学名称缩写是钠 |
[40:53] | You could say… . | 你可以说 |
[40:55] | You could say, “On behalf of Abbey and myself… | 你可以说: “仅代表艾碧跟我 |
[40:58] | …please accept our deepest condolences. | 谨致上最深的哀悼之意 |
[41:00] | Your sons’ lives were not lost in vain.” | 您儿子们的生命没有白费” |
[41:03] | They were lost in vain. | 他们的生命的确白费了 |
[41:06] | What I meant was that this further calls national attention to the peace process. | 我的意思是这次的事件 引起国人对和平协议的关注 |
[41:12] | “Though tragic, this tragedy further calls national attention… | “虽然令人悲伤 这次的悲剧引起国人对 |
[41:16] | …to this alarming, escalating conflict.” | 以阿冲突日渐白热化的关注” |
[41:20] | Is there anything to”they went there in the spirit of peace”? | 是不是可以加上“他们是为了 和平的精神而前往该地”? |
[41:24] | “The spirit of peace, a soccer match… .” | “和平的精神,足球赛” |
[41:29] | “Hope of Israeli and Palestinian children playing together and…” | “希望有一天,以色列与巴勒斯坦 的孩子们能一同玩乐” |
[41:32] | “Studying together, discovering each other’s worlds.” | “一同上学,探索彼此的世界” |
[41:41] | This guy at the dinner, he told me something I didn’t know. | 在晚宴上,有个家伙 告诉我一件有趣的事 |
[41:45] | On Yom Kippur, you ask forgiveness for sins against God. | 赎罪日当天,你必须乞求神 原谅你对他犯的罪 |
[41:49] | But on the day before Yom Kippur… | 但是在赎罪日前一天 |
[41:51] | …you ask forgiveness for sins against people. Did you know that? | 你则必须乞求他人 原谅你对他犯的罪,你们知道吗? |
[41:55] | Yeah, it’s called… . | 那个叫做 |
[41:58] | – I can’t remember. – It’s erev. | -我忘了 -耶列万 |
[42:00] | Erev Yom Kippur. | 耶列万赎罪日 |
[42:05] | You can’t ask forgiveness of God… | 只有在前一天 |
[42:07] | …until you’ve asked forgiveness of people on the day before. | 祈求人们的原谅 你没有资格祈求神的原谅 |
[42:13] | – Mr. President? – Yeah. | -总统先生? -是的 |
[42:19] | I’m gonna do this alone. Have a good night, everybody. | 我要自己一个人打 各位晚安 |
[42:22] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[42:42] | Mr. And Mrs. Levy, this is Jed Bartlet. | 列维夫妇,我是杰德巴特勒 |
[42:46] | I have three children. | 我有三个小孩 |
[42:48] | I really don’t know what to say. | 我真的不知道该说什么 |