时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | -Previously on The West Wing: – One or two demands. No problem. | -一两项要求,没问题 |
[00:10] | – I also need unfettered access to you. – No. | -我需要与您直接沟通的管道 -不行 |
[00:12] | – Respectfully… – It’s a deal breaker. | -恕我 -那就免谈 |
[00:14] | You didn’t keep records, you violated medical practices. | 你没有纪录 你违反了医疗执业 |
[00:17] | And in going after me, they can paint the president. | 他们只要逮住我 就能抹黑总统 |
[00:21] | – Can I offer Buckland…? – No. | -我可以提供巴克兰? -不行 |
[00:23] | He’s gonna mouth off. | 他会被封口 |
[00:25] | Put it out he tried to blackmail the president. | 让大家知道他威胁总统 |
[00:28] | – Everyone will know the leak was us. – You’re pissed at me? | -那大家就知道是我们放的风声 -你在气我? |
[00:31] | I don’t believe it. I don’t believe you. | 我真不敢相信 |
[00:33] | – Abbey… – Go to hell. | -艾碧 -去死吧 剧名:大厅的印地安人 |
[00:43] | – I’m not wild about Camp David. – Yes, sir. | -我对大卫营没啥兴趣 -是的,长官 |
[00:47] | I’m not the only one either. Bess Truman didn’t like it. | 不只我不喜欢 杜鲁门夫人也不喜欢 |
[00:51] | I read that somewhere. She thought it was dull. | 我读过那篇文章 她觉得那里很无聊 |
[00:55] | But there I go. Thanksgiving at Camp David. | 但是我还是得去 在大卫营过感恩节 |
[00:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[01:01] | It’s not a place you’d go at Thanksgiving, not when you have a farm. | 那可不是过感恩节的地方 那里也不是农场 |
[01:05] | – Isn’t Camp David a farm? – No. | -大卫营不是农场? -不是 |
[01:07] | – What makes you think it’s a farm? – I don’t know. It’s outside. | -你怎么会以为那是农场? -我不知道,它在户外 |
[01:12] | Farms have things you can grow and animals. | 农场里有农作物跟动物 |
[01:14] | – Right. – I want you to learn more about farms. | -对 -我要你多学点农场的事 |
[01:17] | – There’s more? – Yeah. | -还有? -对 |
[01:20] | – Okay. – It doesn’t matter. | -好吧 -那不重要 |
[01:23] | Thanksgiving’s where your family is, and this year my family’s at Camp David. | 感恩节要跟家人一起过 而今年我的家人都在大卫营 |
[01:28] | Why? I do not know. | 为什么?我不知道 |
[01:33] | Abbey didn’t wanna schlep to New Hampshire. | 艾碧不想去新罕布夏 |
[01:38] | Schlepping in a 747… | 不想上747 |
[01:40] | …it’s not like we were gonna have to carry our own bags. | 可是我们又不用提行李 |
[01:43] | But I do not argue. | 但是我没跟她吵 |
[01:46] | – Were we talking about something? – I don’t know. When I came in here… | -我们在讨论事情吗? -我不知道,在50年代 |
[01:51] | …back in the ’50s there was a purpose to it. | 当我来这时 是有目的的 |
[01:54] | But then one thing led to another, and I blacked out. | 但是事情一件件发生 我眼前一黑 |
[01:56] | I can hang with the best, but during the discussion… | 我可以跟精英份子来往 但是一提到 |
[01:59] | …of anise, coriander and the 15 spices… | 茴香,芫荽跟15种 |
[02:01] | …you like to use to baste a turkey, I simply lost consciousness. | 用来填充火鸡的香料 我完全失去意识 |
[02:08] | You know that line you’re not supposed to cross with the president? | 你知道你跟总统之间的界线吗? |
[02:13] | – I’m coming up on it? – No, no, look behind you. | -我超过了吗? -不小心一点 |
[02:16] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[02:17] | – Would you like to leave? – With your permission, sir. | -你想离开了吗? -请求您的允许,长官 |
[02:20] | – Damn right with my permission. – Yes, sir. | -我当然允许 -是的,长官 |
[02:23] | It’s the brine that keeps the meat soft. Soak it overnight in water, salt, sugar… | 用卤水保持肉质柔软 用水,�Q,糖浸泡一整晚 |
[02:28] | – Seventeen kinds of… – Seventeen spices, including? | -还有十七种 -十七种香料,有? |
[02:31] | – Anise and coriander. – Now you can go. | -茴香跟芫荽 -你可以走了 |
[02:33] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统 |
[02:36] | – How you doing? – I’m done, baby. | -进行得如何? -结束了,宝贝 |
[02:39] | – Yeah? – I set up the meeting with The Post. | -是吗? -我跟《邮报》约好了 |
[02:42] | I did a briefing on the wheat-gluten import quota… | 做了小麦蛋白进口额度的简报 |
[02:44] | …we pardoned the turkey, I went to my dentist. | 讨论怎么烤火鸡 我还看了牙医 |
[02:47] | So there are these two Indians in the lobby. | 有两个印地安人在大厅 |
[02:50] | Yeah? | 然后呢? |
[02:52] | No, that’s not the beginning of a joke. There are these two Indians in the lobby. | 不,我不是在说笑话 有两个印地安人在大厅 |
[02:57] | – Yeah? – They had a meeting with Jacob Cutler… | -然后呢? -他们要跟杰克卡特勒 |
[03:00] | …at Intergovernmental Affairs. | 在内政事务处开会 |
[03:02] | Cutler had to cancel so he could see Northwestern… | 卡特勒必须取消会议 他才能跟西北部州长 |
[03:05] | …governors to discuss porous borders between the U.S. and Canada. | 讨论美加边境漏洞 |
[03:08] | The governors of Washington, Idaho, North Dakota, Montana and Alaska. | 华盛顿,爱达荷,北达科塔 蒙大拿与阿拉斯加州长 |
[03:14] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -所以呢? -是啊 |
[03:15] | The Indians say they’re not leaving until they get satisfaction. | 印地安人说他们不走 直到满意为止 |
[03:19] | – How is this my problem? – There’s two Indians sitting in the lobby. | -这为什么是我的问题? -有两个印地安人坐在大厅 |
[03:23] | They’re not leaving, there’s press everywhere… | 他们不肯走 到处都是媒体记者 |
[03:26] | …I just made it your problem. | 我刚刚才把这变成你的问题 |
[03:30] | Indians on the day before Thanksgiving. Wow. Ironic. | 印地安人出现在感恩节前一天 真是讽刺 |
[03:35] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:41] | Henry, I got it, thanks. Good morning, I’m C.J. Cregg. | 亨利,让我来,谢谢 早安,我是茜洁葛瑞 |
[03:45] | I’m Maggie Morningstar-Charles, and this is our tribal counsel, Jack Lone Feather. | 我是玛姬晨星查理丝 这位是我们的部落律师杰克孤羽 |
[03:49] | I’m sorry about your meeting. Mr. Cutler had to meet with some governors. | 很抱歉取消您的会面 卡特勒先生必须跟一些州长见面 |
[03:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:55] | – It’ll be no problem to reschedule. – Oh, we can wait. | -我们可以重新安排时间 -我们可以等 |
[03:59] | Would you like to step into my office and reschedule it now? | 要不要到我办公室 现在就安排时间呢? |
[04:02] | – We’re fine here. – I’m sorry? | -我们在这里就行了 -请再说一次? |
[04:05] | She said,”We’re fine here.” | 她说, “我们在这里就行了” |
[04:08] | – Actually, you’re not fine here. – Then you can forcibly remove us. | -实际上,你们最好别在这里 -那你们可以强制驱逐我们 |
[04:12] | Correspondents from The Times, Reuters, CNN and The Miami Herald are here. | 《时代》杂志,路透社,CNN 《迈阿密先锋报》的记者都在这 |
[04:17] | And The Washington Post is on speed dial. | 《华盛顿邮报》随时准备发稿 |
[04:20] | This has to do with us screwing you out of your land. | 这大概跟我们 把你们赶出土地有关 |
[04:23] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:25] | See, I was done. | 看吧,我完了 演出:罗伯洛 演出:施塔科钱宁 演出:杜希尔 演出:艾莉森詹尼 演出:珍妮尔摩隆奈 演出:里察薛福 演出:约翰史宾塞 演出:布雷迪威佛德 演出:马丁辛 |
[05:15] | I was just coming to see you. Did you hear about the Indians? | 我正要去见你 你听过印地安人的事吗? |
[05:18] | One of them wants to become a rabbi? | 有一个想当犹太牧师? |
[05:21] | It’s not a joke, they’re really… Never mind. | 这不是笑话,他们真的在 算了 |
[05:24] | Last week, a 13-year-old kid in Georgia shot his teacher in the back of the head. | 上个礼拜,乔治亚州一个13岁孩童 用枪射穿他老师的后脑 |
[05:28] | I read about that. They can’t find the kid. | 我读过那篇报导 他们找不到那孩子 |
[05:31] | Interpol made the arrest last night in Rome. | 国际刑警昨天在罗马逮捕到他 |
[05:33] | – In Italy? – His parents… Yeah, Rome in Italy. | -在意大利? -他父母,对,意大利的罗马 |
[05:37] | His parents sent him there as soon as it happened. | 事情一发生 他父母就把他送过去 |
[05:39] | The parents are in custody. | 他父母目前正被拘禁 |
[05:41] | The governor wants him back, and Italy won’t extradite… | 州长想把他要回来 意大利不想引渡他 |
[05:44] | …to a country that has the death penalty. | 到有死刑的国家 |
[05:47] | The governor wants Justice to help. | 州长希望大法官能帮忙 |
[05:49] | Why isn’t this conversation taking place in the DeKalb DA’s office? | 为什么这件事不在 狄卡布郡地区检察官办公室讨论? |
[05:52] | – It’s taken on an international flavor. – Much like myself. | -这件事带有国际色彩 -就像我 |
[05:56] | – Yeah. You’ll talk to some people? – We’ll see. | -是啊,你要开始找人谈吗? -等着瞧 |
[05:59] | – And you’ll stop doing that soon? – Yeah. | -麻烦你马上住手好吗? -好啦 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 制片:亚力克葛拉夫斯 |
[06:18] | – Sam? – Yeah. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 -山姆? -什么事 |
[06:20] | Are you guarding my office? | 你正在巡逻我的办公室吗? |
[06:23] | – That’s funny. – Thank you. | -真好笑 -谢谢 |
[06:28] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[06:31] | Monday, the OMB is putting out a new formula for calculating the poverty level. | 周一,预算管理局会发布 新的贫穷等级计算公式 |
[06:35] | Does it need presidential approval before it goes to Congress? | 制片:李维林威尔斯 在送去国会前 需要总统同意吗? |
[06:39] | – Yeah. – What’s the problem? | -对 -有何问题? |
[06:40] | It’s a good news-bad news thing. Under the new formula, poverty’s up 2 percent. | 好坏消息都有 以新公式来算,贫穷度上升2% |
[06:44] | It was anyone under 17,524 before, now it’s 20,000. | 以前是所得一万七千五百二十四以下 编剧:艾莉森阿本奈,凯伦福尔 艾伦索金 现在是2万 |
[06:50] | – What does that shake out to? – 4 million new poor people. | -结果呢? -四百万新穷人 |
[06:53] | – Four million? – Yeah. Obviously, that’s the bad news. | -四百万? -对,很明显,这是坏消息 |
[06:56] | – Yeah. – Good news is that more people… | -对 -好消息是,有更多人 |
[06:58] | …will be eligible for benefits. – And taxpayers are nuts about that. | -可以领救济金 -纳税人不气疯才怪 |
[07:02] | Back to the bad news, 4 million people became poor on the president’s watch? | 导演:巴利斯巴魁雷 先回到坏消息 有四百万人在总统任期内变穷? |
[07:06] | They didn’t become poor, they were poor already. | 他们没有变穷 他们本来就穷 |
[07:08] | – And now we’re calling them poor. – What’s wrong with the old formula? | -只是现在我们才公布 -旧公式怎么了? |
[07:13] | – I don’t know. – Find out. | -我不知道 -去找出来 |
[07:15] | It’s possible that this is a statistical reality and not a political fight. | 很有可能是统计学的现实数字 而不是政治斗争 |
[07:19] | Find out what was wrong with the statistical reality of the old formula. | 去找出旧公式的统计现实 哪里出错 |
[07:23] | – Yeah. – Do it today. | -好吧 -今天就去 |
[07:24] | – Yeah. – It’s like the thing with the SAT scores… | -好 -就好像大学联考分数 |
[07:27] | …and I got dumber 20 years after I went to college. | 我上完大学2年后 才知道自己变笨了 |
[07:29] | – It’s a little like that. – Talk to somebody. | -有点像那样 -去找人谈 |
[07:32] | Yeah. | 好 |
[07:34] | – The Treaty of 1856… – Yes, listen… | -1856年的合约 -听着 |
[07:36] | – We were moved to Wisconsin. – This isn’t a good place. This is a lobby. | -我们被迁往威斯康辛 -这不是个好地方,这里是大厅 |
[07:41] | – I know what this is. – Yes. | -我知道这是哪里 -好 |
[07:43] | I have a degree from the University of Michigan. | 我在密西根大学拿到学位 |
[07:45] | – Look… – Miss Cregg, if we give up this ground… | -听着 -葛瑞小姐,如果我们离开这里 |
[07:48] | …we lose our one bullet in our gun. | 我们就失去最后一颗子弹 |
[07:51] | We need to be in view of the press. | 我们必须让媒体看得到 |
[07:55] | What tribe are you from? | 请问你们的部落是? |
[07:57] | We’re Stockbridge-Munsee Indians. | 史塔克桥穆西印地安人 |
[08:00] | Like Maggie was saying, when we were moved to Wisconsin… | 如玛姬所言 我们在1856年签下合约 |
[08:03] | …we signed the Treaty of 1856. | 迁往威斯康辛州 |
[08:06] | In return, the government was supposed to protect our reservations… | 交换条件是 政府必须保护栖息地 |
[08:10] | …provide education and health care, and we would still be a sovereign nation. | 提供教育与医疗看护 我们仍是主权国家 |
[08:14] | – But then the Dawes Act came. – You were forced to sell the land? | -但是直到《道威斯法案》出现 -你们被迫变卖土地? |
[08:18] | We went from 46,000 acres of tribal land to 11,000. | 我们的土地从46000亩 减少到11000亩 |
[08:23] | The Dawes Act was also supposed to civilize us. | 《道威斯法案》也包括提供文明 |
[08:26] | Henry Dawes said to be civilized, you must cultivate the land… | 亨利道威斯说要教化人民 就必须耕种土地 |
[08:30] | …wear civilized clothes, drive Studebaker wagons and drink whiskey. | 穿文明的衣服 开车,喝威士忌 |
[08:34] | The drinking part was particularly constructive advice. | 喝威士忌 倒是个很有建设性的建议 |
[08:40] | Now, before we go any further… | 再我们更进一步之前 |
[08:43] | …I should tell you there’s absolutely nothing I can do for you. | 我必须告诉你们 我什么事也不能为你们作 |
[08:47] | – Imagine our shock. – Yes. | -我非常震惊 -是的 |
[08:50] | In two generations, we’ll be wiped out. | 再过两个世代,我们就会消失 |
[09:02] | – Did you get me a flight? – Yes. | -你帮我订好飞机了? -对 |
[09:04] | – One that gets me there for dinner? – Yes. | -能让我赶上晚餐? -对 |
[09:06] | – I don’t change planes in Atlanta? – No, you do have to change planes. | -我不用在亚特兰大转机? -你必须转机 |
[09:11] | – I told you… – You have to. Deal with it. | -我说过 -你得转机,接受吧 |
[09:13] | – There must be something. – There’s a 6: 10 to Orlando. | -一定还有别的班机 -有一班6点10分到奥兰多 |
[09:16] | It gets in at 9: 15. That’s too late for dinner. | 9点15分到达 吃晚餐太晚了 |
[09:18] | You could get a C-141 leaving Andrews, but there’s a problem with that too. | 你可以搭C―141离开安德鲁 不过可能有问题 |
[09:22] | – A congressional investigation? – All right, two problems. | -国会调查? -好吧,两个问题 |
[09:26] | – Find me something. – Why is this being done last-minute? | -继续找 -你为什么总在最后一分钟做事? |
[09:29] | And remember to scold me a couple of times before I go. | 记得在我走之前 多骂我几次 |
[09:32] | Did you just decide you were going home? | 你该不是刚刚决定要回家吧? |
[09:35] | – I thought I was going to Connecticut. – Why? | -我以为我要去康奈狄克 -为什么? |
[09:37] | Because that’s where the house is. | 因为我家在那 |
[09:39] | – Your mom sold the house months ago. – I made a mistake. | -你妈在几个月前就卖了 -我弄错了 |
[09:42] | – Forgot where your mother lives? – I’m from Connecticut. | -你忘了你妈住哪? -我来自康奈狄克 |
[09:45] | And like a swallow to Capistrano, I have to… | 就像燕子归巢一样 我得 |
[09:48] | Just find me a flight, would you? And call Russell Angler… | 帮我再找一班飞机好吗? 还有帮我连络罗素安格勒 |
[09:51] | …and tell him I need to see him about the kid in Georgia. | 告诉他我要跟他谈 乔治亚州那小孩的事 |
[09:55] | I’m telling your mother you forgot where she lives. | 我要告诉你妈 你忘记她住哪 |
[09:57] | You’re the girl I made fun of in school, know that? | 你是我在学校会嘲笑的女生 你知道吗? |
[10:00] | Yes, I do. | 我知道 |
[10:02] | Donna, can I go in? | 唐娜,我可以进来吗? |
[10:04] | You don’t know of any secret flights to Palm Beach, do you? | 你该不会知道 任何前往棕榈滩的秘密班机吧? |
[10:07] | – Yeah, but you change planes in Atlanta. – Okay. | -不过你得在亚特兰大转机 -好吧 |
[10:13] | – Did you hear about this kid? – The one who shot his teacher? | -你知道这小鬼的事吧? -射杀老师那个? |
[10:16] | His parents, who are in custody, FedEx’d him to Rome, which is in Italy. | 他父母目前被拘禁 因为把他快递到意大利罗马 |
[10:20] | – Are you kidding me? – No, it’s really in Italy. | -你开玩笑? -不,真的在意大利 |
[10:24] | – But that’s not the best part. – Italy won’t extradite him. | -但那还不是最精采的 -意大利不愿意引渡他 |
[10:28] | – Italy won’t extradite him. – Because of the death penalty in Georgia? | -意大利不愿意引渡他 -因为乔治亚州有死刑? |
[10:32] | They’ve come a long way since Mussolini. | 他们自己也有莫索里尼 |
[10:34] | – You should mention that. – I will. | -你应该提的 -我会的 |
[10:36] | So it turns out we’ve got 4 million new poor people. | 结果我们有四百万新穷人 |
[10:40] | – Since when? – Well, yesterday, actually. | -打何时起? -实际上从昨天起 |
[10:43] | – The OMB’s recommending a new model. – Yes. | -预算管理局建议用新公式 -对 |
[10:45] | I’m not an expert, but wouldn’t we have a better chance… | 我不是专家 但如果我们可以说 |
[10:48] | …at getting re-elected if we could say there are 4 million fewer poor people? | 我们少了四百万穷人 不是比较容易选上吗? |
[10:52] | – Wait. I am an expert. – We have a better chance… | -等等,我是专家 -如果我们可以说 |
[10:55] | …at getting re-elected if there were 4 million fewer poor people… | 我们少了四百万穷人 是比较容易选上 |
[10:59] | …but I’ll talk to Bernice Collette. – Try to get her not to recommend it? | -但我会跟柏妮丝柯雷谈 -劝她不要采用新公式? |
[11:03] | Well, to hold off for a while anyway. | 至少暂缓一会 |
[11:05] | – You know Bernice? – That’s why I came to you. | -你认识柏妮丝? -这就是我来找你的原因 |
[11:07] | – She’s a little tough to warm up. – I’ll warm her up. | -她很难搞 -我会搞定她 |
[11:13] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[11:16] | Jokes, nicknames, that sort of thing. | 开开玩笑,取绰号这些事 |
[11:18] | It sounds like you got a pretty good plan. | 听起来你似乎有个好计划 |
[11:21] | – Anything I need to know? – Don’t go through the lobby. | -有什么事我需要知道吗? -别穿过大厅 |
[11:23] | – Why? – Indians in the lobby. | -为什么? -印地安人在大厅 |
[11:27] | – Is that code? – No, there are Indians in the lobby. | -那是代码吗? -不,真的有印地安人在大厅 |
[11:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:37] | Bess Truman didn’t like Camp David. She thought it was dull. Doesn’t matter. | 杜鲁门夫人不喜欢大卫营 她觉得很无聊,没关系 |
[11:42] | As long as you’ve got an oven that’ll go to 320 degrees. | 只要你给我一个 能热到320度的烤炉 |
[11:45] | You take your turkey, which has been soaking in water, salt, coriander… | 你拿出火鸡 已经泡在水,�Q,芫荽 |
[11:50] | Excuse me. Toby would like to see you. Shall I send him in? | 抱歉,托比想见您 要让他进来吗? |
[11:53] | Yes. | 好 |
[11:56] | – That’s obviously a question for you, sir. – She was asking me. | -那是问您的问题,长官 -她是在问我 |
[12:00] | – I’ll step out. – Yeah. | -我会离开 -很好 |
[12:05] | – Good morning, sir. – Hey. | -早安,长官 -嗨 |
[12:08] | Before anything else, I was hoping I could impose on you… | 在你开口前 我希望能从你那边 |
[12:11] | …for as much information as you can spare about a turkey. | 问到一些准备土鸡的资讯 |
[12:15] | – This a preemptive psychological thing? – Yeah. | -这该不会是心理战术吧? -对 |
[12:18] | That’s not going to work. | 对我没效 |
[12:20] | Yeah. You’re gonna see on next week’s message calendar… | 你将会看到下周的通信录 |
[12:24] | …there’s a notation about a new federal initiative to provide… | 其中提到新的联邦公告 |
[12:28] | …Iow-cost cell phones to neighborhood-watch groups. | 提供低价手机 给邻里守望相助小组 |
[12:30] | I saw the message calendar. I’m having difficulty navigating the color-coding. | 我看过那本通信录 我有点搞不懂颜色代码 |
[12:35] | The colors are areas. Blue’s education, green’s economy. | 颜色代表区域 蓝色是教育,绿色是经济 |
[12:38] | It’s a quick way to know if we’re getting enough hits. | 如果我们收集到足够数据 会比较容易知道 |
[12:40] | There should be a color for things I don’t care about. | 应该要有一个 我不在乎的区域的颜色 |
[12:43] | – Like what? – Providing low-cost phone service… | -例如? -提供低价手机 |
[12:46] | …to neighborhood-watch groups. – It’s important. | -给邻里守望相助小组 -这很重要 |
[12:49] | – Really? – Spot a crime, go to a payphone? | -真的? -目击犯罪时去打公共电话? |
[12:51] | There’s nothing wrong, it’s just small. I could fund this out of my pocket. | 是没错,只是太小了 我的钱就足以资助这件事 |
[12:55] | – It’s $ 10 million. – Leo could fund it out of his pocket. | -一共是一千万 -里奥的钱就足以资助这件事 |
[12:58] | Shouldn’t this be local government, like the YMCA or something? | 这不应该是地方政府的事 像是YMCA或什么的吗? |
[13:01] | We have an idea, which is popular, which is that in addition… | 我们有个主意,大家都赞成 就是除了 |
[13:05] | …to passing large and abstract legislation… | 通过大型立法草案以外 |
[13:08] | – Passed minute but easy to understand. – Yes. | -还要通过简单明�t的备忘录 -对 |
[13:11] | – How popular? – Eighty-two percent. | -有多受欢迎? |
[13:13] | – Get out of here. – Hand to God. | -少来了 -向上帝发誓 |
[13:16] | Bring me that polling data. | 把民调数据给我 |
[13:20] | What kind of stuffing are we talking about? | 我们用什么填充火鸡? |
[13:22] | Corn bread, oysters, water chestnuts and andouille sausage. | 玉米面包,牡蛎 荸荠与薰腊肠 |
[13:26] | – Gonna cook on the inside or separate? – Inside. | -从里面烤还是预先烤好? -里面 |
[13:29] | – Make sure it cooks. – It’ll cook. | -确定东西有熟 -会熟 |
[13:31] | – If it doesn’t, people will get sick. – It’ll cook. | -如果没熟,大家会生病 -会熟 |
[13:33] | – They’ll be very, very sick. – I’ve got it covered. Anything else? | -会非常非常严重 -我会注意,还有别的事吗? |
[13:37] | – You know the new OMB definitions? – I know they’re out. What’s it look like? | -你知道预算管理局的新公式吗? -我知道公式出来了,结果如何? |
[13:41] | Depends. You want more poor people or fewer? | 不一定 你要穷人多还是少? |
[13:43] | – Fewer poor people. – You got it. Thank you, Mr. President. | -少一点穷人 -没问题,谢谢,总统先生 |
[13:52] | Caraway seeds, thyme, corn bread… | 葛缕子籽,百里香,玉米面包 |
[13:54] | …oysters, water chestnuts and andouille sausage. | 牡蛎,荸荠与薰腊肠 |
[13:57] | – It sounds good. – Yeah. | -听来不错 -是啊 |
[13:59] | Toby indicated that you had to be careful if you cooked it inside the turkey… | 托比特别要我注意 烤火鸡时填充物有没有熟 |
[14:03] | …because in some cases, it doesn’t cook and people get sick. | 因为如果没熟 大家就会生病 |
[14:07] | – Yeah. – You know about this? | -是啊 -你知道这些事? |
[14:09] | – I’ve heard about it. – I thought Toby might be playing. | -我听说过 -我以为托比在跟我玩 |
[14:12] | – Maybe he is. – But you’ve heard of it. | -有可能 -但你听过这种事 |
[14:14] | – Maybe I am too. – No, you don’t have that kind of wit. | -也许我知道 -你才没有这种智慧呢 |
[14:17] | – Yeah. – I need to talk to an expert. | -是啊 -我必须跟专家谈谈 |
[14:20] | Talk to Rene. Margaret! | 去问里那,玛格丽特! |
[14:22] | – I can’t ask Rene. – Yes. | -我不能问里那 -什么事 |
[14:24] | The president needs to speak with the head chef. | 总统有事要跟主厨说 |
[14:27] | No, no, I can’t. Thanks, Margaret. | 不我不行,谢谢,玛格丽特 |
[14:31] | – I can’t ask Rene right now. – Why not? | -我现在不能问里那 -为什么? |
[14:33] | Frankly, I thought he did something stupid and inconsiderate last week… | 说实话,我上周以为 他做了一件既蠢又不体贴的事 |
[14:37] | …but it turns out I was just in a bad mood. | 结果后来我才知道 是我自己心情不好 |
[14:40] | You gave Rene a firm talking-to. | 你对里那说了重话 |
[14:42] | Yes, and while he didn’t deserve it, he will some day soon. | 对,而且那不是他应得的 也许以后才会 |
[14:46] | – Excuse me. – Come on in. | -抱歉 -进来吧 |
[14:48] | They dropped off the polling data you asked for. | 他们把您要的民调数据送来了 |
[14:50] | – 82% are in favor of fixing potholes? – Yeah. | -有82%的人赞成修补路面? -对 |
[14:53] | – I’m gonna look at this. – Okay. | -我得瞧瞧 -好的 |
[14:56] | If they want nickel-and-dime stuff, I’ll tell you one thing we can do. | 如果他敢跟我斤斤计较 我们就这么办 |
[14:59] | – What’s that? – This time of year… | -怎么办? -每年的此时 |
[15:01] | …there should be a hot line you can call about turkeys. | 我要设置一条热线 让大家询问关于火鸡的事 |
[15:04] | A special number where the phones are staffed by experts. | 这组特别的号码 会由专家负责接听 |
[15:07] | There is. | 是有啊 |
[15:08] | – What do you mean? – Butterball Hot Line. | -什么意思? -奶油球热线 |
[15:12] | – Butterball has a hot line? – Yeah. | -奶油球还有热线? -对 |
[15:15] | It’s an 800 number staffed by experts. | 是免付费电话,还有专家接听 |
[15:17] | – Are you kidding me? – No. | -你在开我玩笑? -没有 |
[15:19] | God, I’m sorry. I love my country. Charlie, get me the Butterball Hot Line. | 天哪,我真抱歉,我爱我的国家 查理,帮我接奶油球热线 |
[15:24] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[15:27] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[15:29] | – I don’t think this is the right one. – The right poll? | -我想这份资料错了 -民调? |
[15:32] | Yeah, this is something different. Hang on a second. | 对,有件事不一样 等一下 |
[15:36] | This is… | 这是 |
[15:40] | Son of a bitch. | 真是混帐 |
[15:45] | Find Bruno Gianelli. Tell him I wanna see him right away. | 去找布鲁诺贾纳利 告诉他我要马上见他 |
[15:48] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[15:52] | Hey, Sam. | 山姆 |
[15:54] | – Sam, Bernice Collette. – Thanks. | -山姆,柏妮丝柯雷来了 -谢谢 |
[15:57] | – Hey, Sam. – How you doing, Bernie? | -山姆 -你好吗,柏妮? |
[15:59] | – I’m not wild about”Bernie.” – Sure, what should I call you? | -我不习惯人家叫我“柏妮” -没问题,那我该怎么称呼你? |
[16:02] | – Bernice is fine. – But how will you know I’m your buddy? | -柏妮丝就行了 -那你怎么知道我们是一伙的? |
[16:05] | I’m okay living in the dark on that. | 心照不宣就行了 |
[16:09] | Okay. Can you tell me how the current standard was reached? | 好吧,可以请你告诉我 目前的标准怎么达到的? |
[16:13] | – The new one? – The current one. | -新标准? -目前的标准 |
[16:14] | – The new one hasn’t been signed off on. – We have to sign off. | -我们还没签署同意新标准 -我们必须签署同意 |
[16:17] | – Why? – It’s much more accurate. | -为什么? -比较正确 |
[16:19] | How was the old one reached? The current one. | 旧标准怎么达到的? 目前这一个 |
[16:21] | In 1963, an Eastern European immigrant named Molly Orshansky… | 1963年,一位名叫茉莉奥珊基 的东欧移民 |
[16:26] | …who was working over in Social Security, came up with it. | 在为社会安全局工作时 做出来的 |
[16:29] | Food was the most costly living expense where she came from. | 在她的祖国 食物是最贵的生活支出 |
[16:32] | Our cost-of-living formula for 40 years… | 我们40年来的生活成本公式 |
[16:34] | …was based on life in Poland during the Cold War? | 是根据冷战时期的波兰人民? |
[16:37] | This is what I’m talking about. | 我就是这个意思 |
[16:39] | Food doesn’t account for a third of a family’s budget. | 食物根本还不到 一个家庭三分之一的预算 |
[16:42] | Housing is more expensive. | 租赁更为昂贵 |
[16:44] | The model also doesn’t take into account transportation and health insurance. | 旧公式也没把 交通跟医疗保险算进去 |
[16:48] | So call the current model the old model and sign the new model. | 请你把目前的公式称作旧公式 并签署同意新公式 |
[16:52] | All right, sit down. | 好吧,请坐 |
[16:55] | The kid’s being held at San Vitale in Rome. | 这孩子目前留在罗马的圣维托 |
[16:57] | – You ever seen anything like this before? – He’s a minor. This is uncharted territory. | -你从前看过这种事吗? -他是未成年,全新领域 |
[17:02] | – I gotta tell you something. – What? | -我得告诉你一件事 -什么事? |
[17:04] | Unless the eligibility papers meet the treaty obligations… | 除非资格文件符合 合约规定 |
[17:07] | …they’re gonna release him. – Into whose custody? | -他们必须释放他 -由谁拘留? |
[17:09] | – They’re just gonna release him. – Russ… | -他们必须释放他 -罗素 |
[17:11] | It’s a provisional arrest. We don’t have the paperwork right… | 这是暂时逮捕 我们没有文件档案的权利 |
[17:14] | …the foreign minister’s gonna review it and decline extradition. No grounds. | 外交部会检阅档案 然后拒绝引渡,因为没有法源 |
[17:19] | – I don’t… – He didn’t break any Italian laws. | -我不 -他没犯意大利的法 |
[17:22] | Are they gonna give him a Eurail Pass? | 他们要给他欧洲铁路优惠票? |
[17:24] | Governor’s gotta guarantee that he’s not gonna seek the death penalty. | 州长会保证 他不会让法官判死刑 |
[17:28] | It isn’t up to the governor. It’s up to the DeKalb DA. | 但这不是由州长决定 而是狄卡布郡地方检察官 |
[17:30] | – Second of all, this is Georgia. – Then we’re not getting the kid back. | -第二点,这是乔治亚州 -那我们就要不回小孩了 |
[17:35] | “Extradition shall be refused unless the requesting party provides… | “我们拒绝引渡 除非对方提供 |
[17:38] | …such assurances as the requested party considers sufficient… | 充分的保证 |
[17:42] | …that the death penalty shall not be imposed.” | 保证不判死刑” |
[17:45] | I didn’t write the extradition treaty. | 我没写过引渡合约 |
[17:47] | This kid shoots his teacher and gets life in Venice… | 这小鬼杀了他老师 却在威尼斯展开新生活 |
[17:49] | …we’ll look like idiots. I gotta put this out before the papers. | 我们看起来就像白痴 我必须在报纸发布前处理掉 |
[17:53] | – Yeah. – What do I do now? | -好吧 -我现在该怎么办? |
[17:55] | at the Italian Embassy. | 我会跟意大利大使馆 的代理大使谈 |
[17:58] | I wanna do it today. | 我今天就要办好 |
[18:00] | – I’ll set it up. – Thank you. | -我会处理 -谢谢 |
[18:02] | We got swampland or soil too rocky to farm… | 我们的湿地跟泥土岩石太多 无法耕种 |
[18:06] | …so we had to foreclose or sell at 3 cents an acre. | 所以我们必须以三分钱一亩 把土地变卖或取消赎回权利 |
[18:08] | In 1934, the Indian Reorganization Act… | 1934年, “印地安重整法案” |
[18:11] | …allowed us to buy back the land, bad and good, bit by bit. | 容许我们买回土地 不论好坏,一点一滴买回 |
[18:14] | Why would you want to buy the bad land too? | 为什么要买回坏地? |
[18:17] | Because the IR Act said if we put it in a trust… | 因为该法案说 如果我们把土地放在信托基金 |
[18:19] | …like a national park, it’d never be taken away. | 就像国家公园 那就永远不会被拿走 |
[18:22] | – So, what you need is what? – An answer on our CFR 151 application. | -那你们现在需要? -美国联邦法规151申请的回覆 |
[18:27] | That’s handled by the Department of the Interior. | 那是由内务部处理的 |
[18:30] | – It is. – And? | -没错 -然后呢? |
[18:31] | – We’re still waiting. – These things take a bit of time. | -我们还在等 -这种事要等上一段时间 |
[18:34] | We’ve been waiting for a bit of time. | 我们已经等上一段时间了 |
[18:36] | – It’s a big interior, Maggie. – We’ve been waiting for 15 years, C.J. | -我们土地很大,玛姬 -我们等15年了,茜洁 |
[18:40] | – Fifteen years? – Yeah. | -15年? -对 |
[18:43] | So you can see why we don’t mind hanging around here for a little while. | 那你就知道我们为什么不介意 在这儿等一会儿了 |
[18:47] | – Yeah. – C.J.? | -是啊 -茜洁? |
[18:49] | You gonna have anything on Macedonia today? | 你今天不是有马其顿的事要办? |
[18:51] | – I don’t think so. – Okay. What’s going on? | -我想应该没有吧 -好吧,怎么了? |
[18:54] | – I’m just talking to my friends. – Okay. | -我正在跟我朋友说话 -好的 |
[18:56] | – Mark, have a good Thanksgiving. – I’m Canadian. | -马克,感恩节快乐 -我是加拿大人 |
[18:59] | – Yours is in April. – October. | -你们的感恩节在四月 -十月 |
[19:01] | – Oh, to have it be over. – Yeah. | -到时再祝福你 -是啊 |
[19:16] | I have to ask, I’m asking everyone. There’s an American children’s book… | 我一直在到处问人 有本美国的儿童书 |
[19:20] | …I’m trying to find and having difficulty. | 我一直在找可是找不到 |
[19:23] | It’s called The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge. | 书名叫做《小红灯塔》 跟《大灰桥》 |
[19:26] | I know The Little Red Lighthouse. That’s a great book. | 我知道那本书 是本好书 |
[19:29] | No, the funicular… It’s not a funicular. It’s… . | 不,钢索铁桥 不是钢索铁道,是 |
[19:32] | – The George Washington Bridge. – The lighthouse is still there. | -乔治华盛顿桥 -灯塔还在那儿 |
[19:36] | It’s very hard to see. | 很难得看到 |
[19:38] | If you’re driving up the river, the highway goes… | 如果你从桥上开车经过 高速公路会 |
[19:40] | Yeah, you peer down just at the right moment, you can see the top of it. | 如果你抓对时机仔细看 你就能看到顶端 |
[19:44] | I can’t find the book, and I have a 4-year-old boy now. | 我找不到那本书 而我现在有个4岁儿子 |
[19:47] | – I’ll ask around. – Thank you. | -我会帮你问 -谢谢 |
[19:50] | – Please. – Now… . | -请坐 -那么 |
[19:52] | You stand hand in hand with no other nation on this… | 你们是唯一跟索马利亚一样 |
[19:55] | …except Somalia. You know that. | 敢处决孩童的国家,你知道吧 |
[19:57] | Even China doesn’t allow children to be executed. | 即使中国也不敢处决孩童 |
[20:00] | Well, federal law doesn’t allow it, but the people in the state of Georgia do. | 联邦法律也不允许 但乔治亚州例外 |
[20:04] | – So there’s not much… – Yes. | -所以我们没办法 -对 |
[20:08] | – Mr. Fedrigotti… – Alberto. | -费德里奇先生 -阿贝多 |
[20:10] | Alberto, please. | 请叫我阿贝多 |
[20:14] | You’ll have the ambassador speak to the foreign minister and send the kid back? | 请大使跟外交部谈谈 把孩子送回来好吗? |
[20:18] | – You’re in a restaurant… – Alberto… | -假设你现在正在餐厅里 -阿贝多 |
[20:20] | And there’s a little girl who’s really misbehaving. | 有个小女孩正在哭闹 |
[20:23] | She runs around. She’s throwing food. | 她到处乱跑,乱丢食物 |
[20:26] | Her father decides to punish her right there… | 她爸爸决定当场处罚她 |
[20:30] | …by cracking a wine bottle over her head, throwing her to the ground… | 他用酒瓶往她头上打去 把她扔到地上 |
[20:33] | …and kicking her repeatedly. | 然后不断踹她 |
[20:36] | You sit at the next table. What do you do? | 你刚好坐在邻桌 你会怎么做? |
[20:39] | The kid wasn’t throwing food. | 这孩子可不是在丢食物 |
[20:43] | Is there a crime that girl could commit that would justify what the father did? | 这小女孩犯的罪 能使父亲的作为正当化吗? |
[20:52] | See, it’s problematic when other people make my argument for me. | 看吧,当有人为我争辩时 问题就出现了 |
[20:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:58] | And if the father said, “This is my child… | 如果这父亲说 “这是我的小孩 |
[21:01] | …and I will punish her any way I choose”… | 我可以用我自己的方式处罚她” |
[21:03] | …would you come to the conclusion that this father has lost perspective… | 你会得到一个结论 说这父亲已经失去理智 |
[21:07] | …and good judgment and should be removed from the equation? | 无法做出正确判断 不应该插手管这件事吗? |
[21:14] | Okay, I’m going to… . | 好吧,我得 |
[21:20] | I’ll ask around about the book. | 我会帮你问那本书 |
[21:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:39] | – Assistant secretary for Indian Affairs? – He’s away. | -印地安人委员会助理秘书? -他不在 |
[21:42] | – You tried? – Yeah. | -你打了? -对 |
[21:46] | – Director of Intergovernmental Affairs. – He’s left. | -政府内部委员会主委 -他不在 |
[21:49] | Isn’t there a deputy of Acquisition and Property Management? | 采购与财产管理代理人呢? |
[21:54] | – And there’s a deputy of Tribal Services. – But? | -还有部落服务代理人 -但是? |
[21:57] | – It’s Thanksgiving. Nobody’s here. – I’m here. They’re here. You’re here. | -今天是感恩节,没人在办公室 -我在啊,他们也在,你也在 |
[22:02] | God knows that. | 上帝知道 |
[22:09] | Tell Leo’s office I’m coming over. | 告诉里奥我要过去了 |
[22:12] | She’s making sense. | 她说的有道理 |
[22:14] | Is this a thing that can be argued from all sides? | 这条公式可以多方争议吗? |
[22:16] | – And they’re all right? – Yes. | -而他们全都赞成? -对 |
[22:19] | You can put their numbers together different ways? | 你可以用不同方式计算吗? |
[22:21] | Let’s put them together in a way that gives us fewer poor people. | 我们用 可以算出更少穷人的计算方式 |
[22:25] | – Yeah. – If we have to go with the formula… | -好 -如果一定要采用新公式 |
[22:27] | …delay as long as we can. We have to test it. | 拖越久越好 我们必须先测试 |
[22:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:38] | So three statisticians go deer hunting. | 有三个统计学家去猎鹿 |
[22:40] | First one misses 10 feet to the left. Second misses 10 feet to the right. | 第一个往左射偏了10尺 第二个往右射偏了10尺 |
[22:45] | The third one jumps up and down and says,”I hit it.” | 第三个高兴得跳起来 大喊“我射中了” |
[22:48] | Gotta like a guy who comes with a statistical-analysis joke. | 我又不是那种 会说统计学分析笑话的人 |
[22:51] | You would if you had let me call you”Bernie.” | 要是让我叫你柏妮 说不定我就会了 |
[22:53] | Test the math before the president signs off. | 在总统签署之前 先测试计算方式 |
[22:56] | Create a program and experiment for two years? | 我们先建立一套程式 实验个两年先如何? |
[22:59] | – Test the math? – Yeah. | -测试计算方式? -对 |
[23:00] | – Think we used an abacus? – I want to learn how to work an abacus. | -你以为我们是用算盘算的吗? -我是很想学打算盘 |
[23:03] | First date, check comes, you pull that out of your pocket and add up the tip? | 第一天,收到帐单 你从口袋拿钱出来然后算小费? |
[23:07] | That and statistics jokes will have you blazing a path through Capitol women. | 这个跟统计学笑话 能让一个国会女议员另眼相看 |
[23:11] | The formula doesn’t take into account regional differences in housing costs. | 这条公式 没考虑到租赁成本的地区差异 |
[23:16] | – No. – You don’t think it’s worth it? | -没 -你不认为有差? |
[23:18] | – We took the national mean. – How do you think landlords in L. A… | -我们以国家为标准 -你认为洛杉矶的房东 |
[23:21] | …feel about that? – We debated that… | -作何感想? -我们已经争议过 |
[23:23] | …but agreed it would be difficult to assess when costs change year to year. | 但我们都同意 估算每年更动的租赁成本太难了 |
[23:27] | You drop the problem when the math gets tough? | 计算方法变难 你们就不管问题了? |
[23:29] | You know who wouldn’t be pleased? Holly Orshansky of Poland… | 你知道谁听了会不爽吗? 波兰的荷莉奥珊斯基 |
[23:33] | …author of the original formula and overdue for recognition. | 原始公式的作者 过了这么久才知道 |
[23:36] | Molly. Molly Orshansky. | 茉莉,茉莉奥珊基 |
[23:38] | – Not Holly? – No. | -不是荷莉? -不是 |
[23:41] | I thought it was Holly. | 我以为是荷莉 |
[23:45] | – Bruno. – Get him in here. | -布鲁诺 -叫他进来 |
[23:52] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼东西? |
[23:54] | – Sorry? – What is this? | -什么? -这是什么? |
[23:57] | – I don’t know what you’re waving. – It’s a poll. | -我看不到您在挥舞什么 -这是一张民调 |
[24:00] | I asked to see a poll about certain… They sent up the wrong poll. | 我说我要看特定问题的民调 这份是错的 |
[24:04] | This one asks voters where I should spend Thanksgiving. | 这一份居然问选民 我应该在哪过感恩节 |
[24:08] | – Yeah. – What are you doing… | -是啊 -你在搞什么 |
[24:09] | …polling where I should spend Thanksgiving? | 居然问选民 我应该在哪过感恩节? |
[24:12] | New England doesn’t get us anything that we don’t already have… | 新英格兰不回答任何 我们本来就没有的东西 |
[24:15] | …and there’s a sense it could be seen as political… | 而这个问题在新罕布夏 是被视为有政治性的 |
[24:18] | …with New Hampshire the first primary state. | 那是第一个初选州 |
[24:21] | – I have Thanksgiving with my family. – Yeah, yeah. People like that. | -我要跟家人过感恩节 -对人们喜欢这样 |
[24:24] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[24:27] | – Mr. President… – You politicized my family… | -总统先生 -你让我家人不那么政治化 |
[24:29] | …to make sure they don’t look political? – Don’t get me started on ironies. | -好使他们政治化? -别逼我说讽刺笑话 |
[24:33] | My family is off-limits. | 谈到我的家人已经超出限制了 |
[24:36] | Sir, your candor about a terrible illness was off-limits. | 长官,你隐瞒病情 就已经超出限制了 |
[24:41] | Your regimen of self-medication was off-limits. | 你的养生之道也已经 超出限制了 |
[24:46] | Due respect, you’ve used up your off-limits. | 恕我冒犯 你的限制信用值已经没了 |
[24:50] | I’ll decide when I’ve used them up. | 我自己决定何时用完 |
[24:52] | You don’t poll where my family goes. Am I making myself clear? | 不准对我家人作民调 你了解了吗? |
[24:57] | Sometimes I have difficulty talking to people who don’t race sailboats. | 我对不玩帆船的人 有沟通困难 |
[25:01] | – What? – I have difficulty sometimes… | -什么? -我对不玩帆船的人 |
[25:04] | …talking to people who don’t race sailboats. | 有沟通上的困难 |
[25:07] | When I was a teenager I crewed Larchmont to Nassau… | 我年轻时 曾经以一艘名为坎第斯的 |
[25:09] | …on a 58-foot sloop called Cantice. | 58尺单桅帆船 从拉其蒙开到那梭 |
[25:12] | And there was a little piece of kelp that was stuck to the hull. | 当时有一片海草把船卡住 |
[25:15] | And even though it was little, you don’t want anything stuck to the hull. | 虽然很小 但我可不想把手卡在船壳里 |
[25:19] | So I take a boat hook on a pole, and I stick it in the water… | 所以我用篙套住船 把篙伸进水里 |
[25:22] | …and I try to get the kelp off when seven guys start screaming at me, right? | 试着把海草拿出来 结果有一堆人对我大喊 |
[25:27] | Because now the pole is causing more drag than the kelp was. | 因为篙开始把船往下拉 拉力比海草还强 |
[25:32] | See, what you gotta do is, you gotta drop it in… | 现在你必须做的是 你必须放弃篙 |
[25:36] | …and let the water lift it out in a windmill motion. | 让水把海草卷出去 |
[25:39] | Drop it in and let the water take it by the kelp and lift it out. | 放弃篙 让水把海草卷出去 |
[25:44] | In and out, in and out, until you got it. | 一次又一次直到移除海草 |
[25:50] | The voters aren’t choosing a plumber, Mr. President. | 选民可不是在选水电工 总统先生 |
[25:54] | They are choosing a president. | 他们在选总统 |
[25:57] | And if you don’t think that your family should matter… | 如果您认为家人不重要 |
[26:01] | …my suggestion to you is to get out of professional politics. | 那我的建议是 赶快离开职业政治生涯 |
[26:06] | But if you think that I am going to miss even one opportunity… | 但如果您认为我会失去 |
[26:11] | …to pick up half a knot of boat speed, you’re absolutely out of your mind. | 任何一次把海藻捡出来的机会 那您绝对是疯了 |
[26:18] | When it cost us nothing? When we give up nothing? | 无所付出却有所得? |
[26:24] | You’re out of your mind. | 您真的是疯了 |
[26:32] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[26:40] | Something important. | 有更重要的事 |
[26:43] | – What is that, sir? – The number for the Butterball Hot Line. | -是什么,长官? -奶油球热线的号码 |
[26:52] | Watch and learn. | 学着点 |
[26:55] | -Welcome to the Butterball Hot Line. – Hello. | -欢迎使用奶油球热线 -你好 |
[26:57] | Please stand by for our next available operator to assist you. | 请稍等 目前所有接线人员忙线中 |
[27:03] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[27:05] | – Fifteen years. – I agree. That’s a long time. | -15年了 -我同意,的确很久 |
[27:08] | – That’s a long time. – Yes. | -那可是好一段时间 -没错 |
[27:10] | We’re talking about a sewage plant and a health center, not the Great Plains. | 他们要的只是污水处理厂 跟医疗中心,又不是大土地 |
[27:15] | I’ll call somebody and find out what the delay is. | 我会找人调查 找出悬宕的原因 |
[27:17] | – What can I tell them? – Tell them that. | -那你要我跟他们说什么? -就这么说 |
[27:20] | It’d be nice if they could see someone before they left. | 如果在他们离开前 找个人跟他们谈谈就好了 |
[27:23] | – Sealy. – He’s gone. | -找席利 -他不在 |
[27:24] | – Do it Monday. – We do it Monday… | -星期一再说 -如果等到星期一 |
[27:26] | …they’ll stay till Monday, absent being dragged off in handcuffs. | 他们就会等到星期一 可能会被上手铐带走 |
[27:30] | – Right is right. – What do you want from me? | -这是正确的事 -你到底要我怎么作? |
[27:32] | Five minutes. They walk out. They’ve met the chief of staff. | 五分钟,他们就走 他们已经见过人事主任 |
[27:35] | – No. – Why not? | -不要 -为什么? |
[27:36] | I’m not taking a meeting with somebody who stages a sit-in in the lobby. | 我才不跟 在大厅静坐抗议的人面谈 |
[27:45] | – All right. Thank you. – Thank you. | -好吧,谢谢 -谢谢 |
[27:52] | – Toby? – Yes, sir. | -托比? -是的,长官 |
[27:54] | Come in, please. | 请进 |
[27:57] | You polled where I should have Thanksgiving? | 你在做我在哪过感恩节的民调? |
[28:00] | Yeah, I saw that question. | 对,我看到那个问题了 |
[28:02] | – And it was okay with you? – Yes, sir. | -你觉得没问题? -是的,长官 |
[28:05] | – Why? – Because it was okay with Joey Lucas. | -为什么? -因为乔伊路卡斯觉得没问题 |
[28:08] | You think people should care where I have Thanksgiving? | 你认为人们应该关心 我在哪过感恩节? |
[28:12] | – I know I don’t give a damn. – All right, it doesn’t matter. | -我知道我不在乎 -好吧,这不重要 |
[28:15] | I straightened it out with Bruno. It has a lot to do with kelp. | 我跟布鲁诺讲明白了 这跟海草有关 |
[28:19] | – With what? -Welcome to the Butterball Hot Line. | -跟什么有关? -欢迎使用奶油球热线 |
[28:23] | – What the hell is…? – Hello. | -搞什么? -你好 |
[28:25] | -How can I help you, sir? – Well, first, let me say… | -需要我为您效劳吗,先生? -首先,容我说一声 |
[28:28] | …this is a wonderful service you provide. | 你们提供的服务棒极了 |
[28:31] | -Well, thank you. May I have your name? – I’m a citizen. | -谢谢,请告诉我您的名字 -我是美国公民 |
[28:34] | I’m sure you are, but if I have your name… | 我知道你是 但如果我们知道名字 |
[28:36] | … I can put your comments in our customer-feedback form. | 我就能为在客户意见表上 纪录下您的意见 |
[28:39] | I’m Joe Bethersontin. That’s one T and with an H in there. | 我叫乔贝索廷 贝壳的贝,宫廷的廷 |
[28:45] | -And your address? – Fargo. | -地址是? -法格市 |
[28:48] | Your street address, please? | 请告诉我地址? |
[28:51] | Zip code, Fargo, North Dakota, right now. | 马上查北达科塔州 法格市的邮递区号 |
[28:54] | My street address is 11454… | 地址是11454 |
[29:00] | …Pruder Street, and it’s very important that you put”street” down there… | 浦登街 请务必注意是“街” |
[29:05] | …because sometimes it gets confused with Pruder Way and Pruder Lane. | 因为你可能会跟 浦登路或浦登巷搞混 |
[29:11] | It’s apartment 23R, Fargo, North Dakota. | 23R公寓 北达科塔州法格市 |
[29:17] | Zip code,”50504.” | 邮递区号50504 |
[29:20] | Thank you. Your voice sounds very familiar to me. | 谢谢 您的声音好熟悉 |
[29:23] | – I do radio commercials for products. -And how can I help you? | -我做产品广播行销 -有需要效劳之处吗? |
[29:29] | Stuffing should be stuffed inside the turkey, am I correct? | 火鸡应该事先填充好 我说的对吗? |
[29:32] | It can also be baked in a casserole dish. | 您也可以事先烤好 |
[29:35] | Then we’d have to call it something else, wouldn’t we? | 那就不叫感恩节火鸡了 对吧? |
[29:37] | -I suppose. – If I cook it inside the turkey… | -我想是吧 -如果我从火鸡里面烤 |
[29:41] | …is there a chance I’d kill guests? | 我会不会把客人毒死? |
[29:43] | I’m not saying that’s necessarily a deal breaker. | 我可不是事先预谋好的 |
[29:46] | Well, there are some concerns. | 是有这种疑虑 |
[29:48] | Two main bacterial problems are salmonella and Campylobacter jejuni. | 有两种主要细菌 沙门氏菌跟弯曲杆菌 |
[29:51] | All right. Well, first of all, I think you made the second bacteria up… | 好吧,首先 我认为第二种是你编的 |
[29:56] | …and second of all, how do I avoid it? | 其次,我该如何避免? |
[29:58] | Make sure the ingredients are cooked first. | 先把内部填充物烤熟 |
[30:00] | oysters, et cetera. | 先把蔬菜炒熟 把香肠,牡蛎等等先炸熟 |
[30:04] | – Excellent. Let’s talk temperature. – 165 degrees. | -很好,那温度呢 -165度 |
[30:08] | No. See, I was testing you. | 不对,我正在考你 |
[30:10] | The USDA calls for turkeys to be cooked to an internal temperature… | 美国农业部宣称 烤火鸡的内部温度应为 |
[30:14] | …of 180 to 185 degrees. | 180至185度 |
[30:16] | Yes, sir, I was talking about the stuffing… | 对,先生 我说的是填充物 |
[30:19] | … which you’d wanna cook to 165 to avoid the health risks. | 应该以150度烹饪 以避免细菌滋长 |
[30:22] | – Okay. Good testing. -You have an accurate thermometer? | -很好,考得不错 -您有精确的温度计吗? |
[30:26] | Oh, yeah. It was presented to me as a gift from the personal sous chef… | 有,我有个在某某处 担任行销大王的朋友 |
[30:31] | …to the king of auto sales in… . | 送了我一个当礼物 |
[30:34] | – Fargo. | – Fargo. -法格市 -法格市 |
[30:37] | Phil Baharnd, the man can sell a car like, well, like anything. | 费尔巴哈德 他什么都能卖掉 |
[30:42] | Very good. Have a good Thanksgiving. | 很好,感恩节快乐 |
[30:44] | And you do too. Thanks a lot. | 你也是,谢谢 |
[30:47] | That was excellent. We should do that once a week. | 真棒 我们应该每周来一次 |
[30:50] | – Phil Baharnd? – I gotta get better at the names. | -费尔巴哈德? -我得多练习编名字 |
[30:53] | That’s it, sir. Want to start the weekend? | 就这样了,长官 要开始度周末了吗? |
[30:55] | No, one more thing left. Today, we find the traitor in my family. | 还没,还有一件事 我终于找到家族里的叛徒 |
[31:00] | I know the first lady doesn’t like to schlep… | 我知道第一夫人不想上飞机 |
[31:03] | …but would you please tell her to meet me in the residence? | 但麻烦你们告诉她 咱们官邸见好吗? |
[31:07] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[31:14] | – Look… – Wait… | -听着 -等等 |
[31:15] | – I need to ask something. – What? | -我得问一件事 -什么事? |
[31:17] | Why does the White House care so much about an issue… | 为什么白宫这么担心 |
[31:20] | …involving a local DA, which at best should be handled by Justice and State? | 地区检察官,这顶多只跟 大法官跟国务院有关不是吗? |
[31:24] | – Because. – Because what? | -因为 -因为什么? |
[31:26] | Because I don’t want this president to get a call from the bishop of Rome. | 因为我不希望总统 接到罗马教皇的电话 |
[31:30] | Why do we care about the bishop? | 为什么要担心教皇? |
[31:32] | Because that’s not the only name he goes by. | 因为教皇可不是他的唯一职称 |
[31:35] | – What’s another name? – Your Holiness. | -还有什么? -上帝 |
[31:38] | – The bishop of Rome is the pope? – It’ll take it to a whole new level. | -罗马教皇就是主教? -会把整件事提升到另一个层次 |
[31:42] | – We don’t wanna be on that level. – No, we do not. | -我们不想搞上那个层次 -当然不 |
[31:44] | Forget the Italians. I wanna work it from our side. | 别管意大利人了 我想从内部开始处理 |
[31:48] | It means getting the DA to guarantee he won’t seek the death penalty. | 你是说要地区检察官保证 绝不判死刑 |
[31:52] | – Yeah. – How? | -对 -怎么弄? |
[31:53] | – DeKalb’s the Georgia 4th. – Yeah. | -狄卡布郡是乔治亚州第四区 -对 |
[31:55] | When Drier was elected from the Georgia 4th, election before last… | 当卓尔在乔治亚州第四区选上时 上次选举中 |
[31:59] | …Faragut was who he beat. | 法拉格就是被他打败的对手 |
[32:01] | – Who’s Faragut? – The DeKalb DA. | -谁是法拉格? -狄卡布郡地区检察官 |
[32:07] | Well, I suppose there’s a time for scruples and a time for, you know… . | 有时我们必须有顾忌 而有时,你知道 |
[32:11] | – Not? – Yeah. | -不要顾忌? -对 |
[32:13] | He’s left the office, but he’ll be on the 8 p. M… | 他刚离开办公室 但他会在晚上8点 |
[32:16] | …US Airways out of Hartsfield going to DFW. | 搭乘美国航空 从哈兹菲德飞到达拉斯 |
[32:19] | Hartsfield. Okay. Excuse me. | 哈兹菲德,好吧,失陪了 |
[32:26] | – Thank you. – Listen. | -谢谢 -听着 |
[32:27] | I got you on standby on a direct flight to Boca. | 你已经在直飞波卡班机 的候补名单上 |
[32:30] | – Cancel it. – Why? | -取消 -为什么? |
[32:31] | – I need a layover in Atlanta. – Of course. | -我必须在亚特兰大转机 -当然 |
[32:33] | I need to get there about an hour before an 8:00 flight would take off. | 我必须在8点班机起飞前一小时 赶到那儿 |
[32:37] | – That would be around 7:00? – I haven’t done the math. | -那就是7点��? -我还没算 |
[32:41] | I’m also gonna need some information on the DeKalb County DA, Faragut. | 我还需要 狄卡布郡地区检察官法拉格的资料 |
[32:46] | Do me a favor and start with a recent photograph. | 帮我个忙 给我一张近照 |
[32:49] | Call my mother, and tell her I’m gonna be late. | 帮我连络我妈 告诉她我会迟到 |
[32:51] | – Josh. – Yeah. | -乔西 -怎样 |
[32:53] | – You call your mother. – Right. | -你自己打 -好吧 |
[33:00] | I should be able to at least fire paintballs at you while you do that. | 当你巡逻我办公室时 我应该朝你射击彩弹 |
[33:08] | It’s harder to get elected if you feature the underclass. | 如果你主打工人阶级 会越来越难选上 |
[33:12] | It’s harder to help them if you hide them. | 如果把他们藏起来就帮不了他们 |
[33:16] | Well, what if we just recalibrated to make everyone over 20,000″rich”… | 如果我们可以重新调整 赚超过2万的叫“小康” |
[33:20] | …and everyone under 20,000 “middle class”? | 而赚低于2万的叫 “中产阶级”如何? |
[33:22] | – Then they’d all vote Republican. – Yeah. | -那他们就会投给共和党了 -是啊 |
[33:26] | When we get back from the weekend we should talk to Bruno. | 周末结束后 我们应该跟布鲁诺谈谈 |
[33:29] | – Why Bruno? – If it’s anything short of a torpedo… | -为什么是布鲁诺? -如果选战发生 |
[33:33] | …in the campaign, we should take it to Leo. | 任何突发事件 我们应该跟里奥谈才对 |
[33:35] | Even if it’s a torpedo in the campaign, we should do it, but that’s me. | 如果是选战的突发事件 应该找里奥,但这是我个人意见 |
[33:39] | – I don’t imagine I’d rally much support. – No. | -我想没什么人支持我 -对 |
[33:42] | – So we’ll talk to Bruno? – Yeah. | -所以我们会跟布鲁诺谈? -对 |
[33:44] | – Thanks. – See you Monday. | -谢谢 -我们周一见 |
[33:46] | – Have a good Thanksgiving. – You too. | -感恩节快乐 -你也是 |
[34:02] | – Listen. – What? | -听着 -怎样? |
[34:04] | – Security’s nervous. – Nervous about what? | -警卫开始紧张了 -为什么? |
[34:08] | – The Indians in the lobby. – No, I mean, nervous about what? | -印地安人在大厅里 -我是说,为什么紧张? |
[34:11] | It’s a lawyer and a Michigan Wolverine. I think we can take them. We always do. | 只是个律师跟密西根女狼 我想他们没问题的 |
[34:16] | Yeah, I’m just saying Security’s gonna do their thing. | 我是说 警卫下不了手 |
[34:23] | I’ll be there in a minute. | 我马上过去 |
[34:38] | – Bruno. – Hey. | -布鲁诺 -嗨 |
[34:41] | – You get hauled in? – Yeah. | -你被叫进去? -对 |
[34:42] | – And? – We had a conversation. | -然后呢? -谈了一会 |
[34:47] | Listen, the OMB’s gonna come out with a recommendation… | 听着,预算管理局打算提出 |
[34:50] | …for a new way to calculate the poverty level. | 新的贫穷等级计算方式 |
[34:53] | – A show of hands? – No… | -表决通过? -不 |
[34:55] | …but the formula raises the poverty level 2000 and change. | 但是新公式提高了贫穷度 |
[34:59] | – So, what is it now? – Twenty thousand a year. | -现在结果如何? -每年2万块 |
[35:02] | The problem is, we gotta campaign with 4 million new poor people. | 问题是,我们的选民 多了四百万新穷人 |
[35:05] | – That’s the problem? – Yeah. | -那是个问题? -对 |
[35:07] | Not that someone making 21,000 a year is considered comfortable? | 而每年赚2万1的人 还不算小康? |
[35:10] | – We’re working on that one too. – You keep working on that. | -我们还在处理那个问题 -继续处理 |
[35:13] | – I’ll sell the other thing. – How? | -我去卖别的东西 -怎么弄? |
[35:16] | Same way P.T. Barnum sold a truckload of white salmon. | 跟PT巴南 卖白鲑鱼的方法一样 |
[35:19] | By sticking labels on them that said, “Guaranteed not to go pink in the can.” | 他在上面贴标签说 “保证不会在罐头里变红” |
[35:24] | – I have this fish theme going on today. – What the hell…? | -我今天一直谈到鱼 -搞什么? |
[35:27] | This formula has been broken for years, and the other guys haven’t fixed it? | 你是说这条烂公式用了好几年 而现在终于有个家伙修好它? |
[35:32] | – Like that. Wanna get a quick drink? – No, I got nieces and nephews and… | -大概是,想来一杯吗? -不了,我还有侄子跟侄女 |
[35:37] | – We’ll meet Monday on this, okay? – Truckload of white salmon. | -我们周一再谈这件事好吗? -好几顿的白鲑鱼 |
[35:41] | – You ever even heard of white salmon? – No. | -你听过白鲑鱼吗? -没 |
[35:47] | Guy could sell anything. | 那家伙啥都能卖 |
[35:51] | Welcome to Hartsfield International Airport. | 欢迎来到哈兹菲德国际机场 (乔治亚州亚特兰大) |
[35:54] | Please do not leave any baggage unattended. | 请勿离开您的行李 |
[36:00] | Flight 142 1 to Los Angeles is now boarding at gate 3 1 D. | 第1421号班机前往洛杉矶 请于31D登机门登机 |
[36:05] | Flight 142 1 to Los Angeles is now boarding at gate 3 1 D. | 第1421号班机前往洛杉矶 请于31D登机门登机 |
[36:20] | – Yes? – Could I get a ginger ale, please. | -要什么? -请给我一杯姜汁汽水 |
[36:26] | Excuse me, you’re Mark Faragut, right? I’m Josh Lyman. | 抱歉,你是马克法拉格对吗? 我是乔西赖曼 |
[36:31] | Yeah, good to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[36:34] | Funny. I got a message from my office to call… | 真有趣 办公室叫我打电话给 |
[36:36] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:38] | – You didn’t come all the way here just…? – No, my mom lives in Florida. | -你该不是大老远? -不,我妈住佛州 |
[36:41] | – But just technically. – I’m sorry. | -但技术上是 -真抱歉 |
[36:43] | – It doesn’t matter. – The governor… | -没关系 -州长 |
[36:45] | The Italians aren’t worried about the governor… | 意大利人并不担心州长 |
[36:48] | …they’re worried about you. | 他们担心的是你 |
[36:50] | Italy can’t tell me how to prosecute my case… | 意大利无权告诉我 该怎么判案 |
[36:53] | …and no offense, neither can you. | 无意冒犯,但你也无权 |
[36:55] | – You don’t have a defendant. – You can’t ask me to weaken. | -你没有被告 -你无权要我轻判 |
[36:57] | Because the Georgia 4th is tough enough for a Democrat… | 因为乔治亚州第四区 对民主党员来说很难选上 |
[37:00] | …without appearing he’s against the death penalty. | 除非他示意他反对死刑 |
[37:03] | – I’m not against it. – I said, appearing. | -我不反对死刑 -我是说示意 |
[37:05] | And the only way to combat that is with TV time. | 唯一的反击方法 就是做电视竞选广告 |
[37:09] | You are planning on running again, right? | 你打算再选一次对吧? |
[37:13] | You don’t know much about my last campaign. | 你似乎不太了解 我上次竞选的惨况 |
[37:15] | You raised $232,000 in four months… | 你四个月募了23万2千元 |
[37:19] | …but then the well dried up after you prosecuted a corporate polluter… | 却因为判了一家企业污染环境 你的募款全用完了 |
[37:22] | …and got stuck as anti-business. | 还被贴上反商业标签 |
[37:26] | You were left with 41,500 for the last two months and that was the ball game. | 最后两个月你剩4万1千5 只剩被打的份 |
[37:29] | US Airways is pleased to announce flight 1017 to Dallas% Fort Worth… | 美国航空现在宣布 第1017班飞往达拉斯佛特沃斯 |
[37:34] | … is now boarding. Please have your boarding pass… | 的班机现在登机 请准备好您的登机证 |
[37:37] | … ready to show the ticket agent. | 给票务员检查 |
[37:39] | – That’s my flight. – Don’t seek the death penalty… | -那是我的班机 -别判死刑 |
[37:44] | …and you’ll have a media buy to explain it to your district. | 你会得到媒体报导 让你解释给地区检查局听 |
[37:48] | Josh, please tell me there’s no money in that envelope. | 乔西,请告诉我 信封里没有钱 |
[37:51] | Well, in a manner of speaking. | 以言语上来说 |
[37:53] | – Names? – Three of them. None of them local. | -名字? -有三个,都不是地区代表 |
[37:57] | Do what I’m telling you, and all three of them will take your call. | 照我说的去做 这三个人就会跟你联络 |
[38:00] | – I can win this time. – Your flight’s boarding. | -我可以赢这次选举 -你该登机了 |
[38:06] | – Have a good Thanksgiving. – You too. | -感恩节快乐 -你也是 |
[38:11] | Ginger ale. | 姜汁汽水 |
[38:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:30] | – Hello. – Hi. | -哈�� -嗨 |
[38:33] | Thank you, Al. | 谢谢,艾尔 |
[38:37] | – You summoned me? – Yeah, sorry about that. | -你召唤我来? -对,抱歉 |
[38:40] | Listen, I’m sorry about this too, but we have to change plans. | 听着,我也很抱歉 但我们必须改变计划 |
[38:43] | – What do you mean? – We’re gonna have dinner here. | -什么意思? -我们得在这吃晚餐 |
[38:46] | – Charlie’s calling everybody. – Why? | -查理正在联络大家 -为什么? |
[38:49] | I’ve seen some polling information. The numbers are staggering. | 我看过民调资料 数字正在波动 |
[38:52] | People are looking for steadiness, for a father figure. | 人民需要稳定 他们需要一个父亲角色 |
[38:55] | They like it when I’m here. | 他们希望我在这儿 |
[38:57] | – Can’t be a father figure at Camp David? – I guess not. | -在大卫营就扮不了爸爸? -大概不行 |
[39:00] | This is ridiculous. You can’t change plans on people at the eleventh hour. | 这真是荒谬 你不能在最后一刻才通知大家 |
[39:04] | – It’s no problem. – It is. | -没问题 -有问题 |
[39:05] | When you’re in the White House, there’s a staff that has to be here. | 当你在白宫时 这里就必须有工作人员 |
[39:09] | – Now they can’t go home. – It’s their job. | -现在他们回不了家了 -这是他们的工作 |
[39:12] | – It’s Thanksgiving. – I’ve got numbers. | -今天是感恩节 -我得到民调数字了 |
[39:14] | Which say Camp David is fine. | 他们说大卫营没问题 |
[39:18] | Oh, brother. | 天哪 |
[39:21] | You speak four languages. How come none of them is French? | 你可以说四种语言 为什么没一种是法文? |
[39:25] | – Nothing’s wrong with my French. – You just called me your little cheese. | -我的法文又不差 -你刚刚才叫我小起士 |
[39:29] | – That’s right. – They came to me. | -没错 -他们先来找我的 |
[39:32] | They said,”What do you think about having Thanksgiving… | 他们说“你认为 |
[39:35] | …at Camp David instead of New Hampshire?” | 不在新罕布夏过感恩节 而在大卫营如何?” |
[39:38] | They told me why. I said,”Fine.” | 他们告诉我原因,我说“很好” |
[39:40] | – And what part are you leaving out now? – The part where I lied to you. | -那你现在为何要离开? -因为我对你说谎 |
[39:44] | – Yes. – Yes, I do that sometimes. | -对 -对,我偶尔那么作 |
[39:47] | I don’t wanna go 15 rounds on Bess Truman and what constitutes a farm. | 我不想重复说杜鲁门夫人的话 还要说明农场的内容 |
[39:53] | On your behalf, I have responded to polling information… | 我仅代表你 回应民调数字 |
[39:57] | …telling me what I should wear and what I should say… | 数字告诉我我该穿什么 该说什么 |
[40:00] | …to say nothing of the fact… | 却没一句话是事实 |
[40:02] | …that I have been subpoenaed to answer questions… | 我被传唤作证回答问题 |
[40:05] | …about how I secretly kept you alive. | 问我如何秘密地让你苟活 |
[40:07] | So explain to me now how what I did was out of line. | 所以请你解释 我做的事怎么会超出本分 |
[40:16] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[40:18] | It was. | 那的确超出本分了 |
[40:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:32] | Well… | 那么 |
[40:34] | …with the ingredients for stuffing, you have to cook them… | 说到火鸡填充物的内容 你必须在塞到火鸡里之前 |
[40:37] | …before you put them in the turkey and you’re not gonna know. | 先把它们煮熟 我想你不会知道吧 |
[40:41] | I’ll do what I always do with anything you cook… | 只要是你煮的我都会吃 |
[40:43] | …I wait for the girls to eat it first. | 但我会等孩子们先吃 |
[40:46] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[41:09] | How many treaties have we signed with Munsee Indians? | 我们跟穆西印地安人 签了多少协定? |
[41:12] | – Six. – How many have we revoked? | -六个 -我们废除了几个? |
[41:14] | Six. | 六个 |
[41:15] | – What were the Munsees doing in 1778? – Fighting in George Washington’s army. | -穆西族在1778年作什么? -为乔治华盛顿作战 |
[41:19] | – Why aren’t you in New York anymore? – He marched us to Wisconsin. | -为什么你们不在纽约? -他带我们行进到威斯康辛 |
[41:22] | – Whose land was it in the first place? – Ours. | -那本来是谁的土地? -我们的 |
[41:29] | I’ll have Park Police escort you from the building. | 我会请公园警卫护送你们出去 |
[41:31] | It’ll take a few minutes, so you can make whatever calls you need to. | 这大概要几分钟 你们还有时间打电话通知任何人 |
[41:35] | Or come back to my office, we’ll make an appointment for Monday… | 或也可以回我办公室 我们可以安排周一会面时间 |
[41:38] | …and the White House will cover your expenses. | 白宫会负担所有费用 |
[41:50] | – Okay. – Okay, what? | -好吧 -好什么? |
[41:54] | Okay, ma’am. | 好的,女士 |
[41:57] | – No, okay, you’re…? – We’ll come back to the office. | -不,你们要? -我们会回你办公室 |
[42:02] | How do you keep fighting smaller injustices… | 你们要如何继续 与小不义战斗 |
[42:05] | …when they’re all from the mother of injustices? | 当这些小不义 全来自不义之根源呢? |
[42:08] | What’s the alternative? | 我们还有选择吗? |