时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | You broke some laws. You should be ashamed of yourself… | 你犯了一些法 你应该为自己感到羞耻 |
[00:10] | You’re gonna get asked questions and tell the truth. | -奥力佛 -你会被问问题,然后回答事实 |
[00:13] | And I was almost sure I saw you giving the president an injection of something. | 我好像看到 你为总统注射某些东西 |
[00:17] | You’re not a medical expert, you didn’t keep records… | 你不是医学专家 你没有纪录 |
[00:20] | …you violated medical practices. And most important, you’re his wife… | 你违反了医疗行为 最重要的是,你是他妻子 |
[00:25] | …which is a violation of the AMA’s ethics code. | 就已经违反了 美国医学会的道德戒律 |
[00:27] | It is becoming clear what the president’s biggest liability will be. | 总统最大的隐忧是什么 已经越来越明显 |
[00:30] | – What? – You. | -什么? -你 剧名:死去的爱尔兰作家 |
[00:46] | – Do you like these earrings? – I do. | -你喜欢我的耳环吗? -我喜欢 |
[00:48] | – You wanna look at them first? – Are they new? | -你不先看一下吗? -是新的吗? |
[00:51] | – You’ve worn them? – Yeah. | -你现在戴着吗? -对 |
[00:52] | I love them. “Laissez-faire doctrine,” 15 letters. | 我喜欢 “自由放任主义学说”15个字 |
[00:56] | – Social Darwinism. – No, that’s not the answer, see… | -社会达尔文主义 -不,那不是答案,看 |
[00:59] | …because social Darwinism isn’t a doctrine. It’s a force of nature. | 因为社会达尔文主义不是学说 而是一种自然力量 |
[01:04] | The answer is libertarianism. | 答案是自由主义 |
[01:06] | – I’ll be ready in two minutes. – Take your time. | -我再过两分钟就好了 -慢慢来 |
[01:09] | Passive-aggression is not gonna get me out the door any faster. | 消极抵抗是无法让我 加速出门的动作的 |
[01:12] | Boo-boo, I gave up on getting you out the door in the late ’70s. | 乖乖,我早在70年代末期 就放弃催你出门了 |
[01:16] | Plus, it’s your birthday. You’re old, and you don’t move around that fast. | 而且,这是你的生日 你老了,动不了那么快 |
[01:20] | -“Libertarianism” has 14 letters, not 15. – I know, so I’m shading in the extra box. | -“自由主义”只有14字 -我知道,所以我在涂黑格子 |
[01:25] | – And it’s not my birthday. – It’s your birthday week. | -而且今天不是我生日 -是你的生日周 |
[01:28] | It’s a week of festivities, like Mardi gras or Lent. | 这是长达一周的庆典 就像戒斋日或四旬斋 |
[01:32] | Three letters.”It may be bitter.” “Tea,” right? | 三个字母的字, “可能会苦” 是“茶”对吧? |
[01:35] | -“It may be bitter”? Why”tea”? -“Woman” doesn’t fit. | -“可能会苦”?为什么是“茶”? -“女人”放不进去 |
[01:38] | “End,” you idiot. Bitter end. | “尾声”你这笨蛋,痛苦的尾声 |
[01:40] | When the medical board gives the results of the hearing… | 当医学委员会 公布公听会结果时 |
[01:43] | …do they slap it up on an x-ray light board? | 他们会把结果 放在X光板上对吧? |
[01:46] | “Here’s where the problem is in your testimony, Abbey. Here and here.” | “这是你证词里的问题 艾比,这里还有这里” |
[01:51] | That’s funny. The other 23 jokes weren’t funny. | 真好笑 另外的23个笑话不好笑 |
[01:54] | It’s not that they weren’t funny. Just they weren’t”ha-ha” funny. | 并不是说它们不好笑 只是不够滑稽 |
[01:58] | But 12 years of medical school, my life, my work, my future… | 但是你把12年的医学院生涯 我的生活、我的工作跟未来 |
[02:01] | …everything, up on the x-ray board, that’s comedy. | 一切都放在X光板上 那真是喜剧 |
[02:05] | I know it sounds like you’re praising me… | 我知道这听来 好像是赞美我 |
[02:08] | Oh, shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[02:11] | It’s not your life or 12 years of anything, or anything. | 这跟你12年的生涯 或任何事情都无关 |
[02:14] | They’re gonna give you the very least. | 他们只给你最轻的处罚 |
[02:16] | They can’t give me the very least. | 他们不能给我最轻的处罚 |
[02:19] | The least they can give me is a letter of concern… | 最轻的是 他们给我一张警告信 |
[02:22] | …which is private and unpublished, but that isn’t available to me… | 私人且不公开 但是我拿不到 |
[02:25] | …because I fought the case and stood by my convictions. | 因为我会力争到底 据理力争 |
[02:29] | – Well, that was stupid. – Do your crossword puzzle. | -那真是笨 -玩你的填字游戏 |
[02:31] | Standing by your convictions isn’t gonna get you anywhere. | 据理力争不会让你有好下场 |
[02:35] | This isn’t some guy off the street talking. I’m a very successful politician. | 这可不是街上醉汉随便说说 我是个成功的政治家 |
[02:38] | – How many people are at this party? – About 200. | -这次宴会有多少人? -约2百人 |
[02:41] | But that was five or six hours ago when it started. | 但那是5、6个小时之前的人数 |
[02:43] | Once more with the passive-aggressive. | 又一次消极抵抗 |
[02:46] | Body organ, produces hydrochloric acid. That’s the kidney, right? | 身体器官,能产生�Q酸 是肾对吧? |
[02:51] | – Or the lima bean? – Pancreas. | -还是蚕豆? -胰脏 |
[02:53] | They can’t take medical school away from you. | 他们不能剥夺你的医学知识 |
[02:56] | – Jed… – Abbey, come here. | -杰德 -艾比,过来 |
[03:01] | I know you’re scared… | 我知道你很害怕 |
[03:02] | …but I’m very confident, so you be whatever you want. | 但我很有信心 你就做自己 |
[03:06] | Whatever happens, happens tomorrow. Tonight is your birthday party. | 不论明天发生什么事 今晚是你的生日派对 |
[03:09] | And your earrings are great. So are your shoes. | 你的耳环很美,鞋子也是 |
[03:12] | So can we, for the love of God, get out of this room? | 我的老天 我们可以滚出房间了吗? |
[03:16] | – Good to get that off your chest? – Yeah. | -一吐为快很舒服吧? -对 片名:白宫风云 主演:罗伯洛 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 片名:白宫风云 雉鸡跟龙葵清炖肉汤 |
[04:08] | Miniature ravioli of foie gras and smoked goose confit. | 鹅肝酱意大利小起司饺 还有烟薰鹅肉 |
[04:12] | A little canary-melon sorbet as a palate cleanser. | 来点加纳利瓜雪糕 清清胃口 |
[04:15] | – All served on the finest Lenox china. – Oh, you planned this all yourself? | -全以上好的瓷器装盛 -这全是你策划的? |
[04:19] | A ’97 Willamette Valley pinot noir, a ’94 Hogue Cellars zinfandel. | 97年份威廉美谷红比诺葡萄酒 94年份霍格酒窖津芬德葡萄酒 |
[04:24] | You really planned this all yourself? | 这真的全是你策划的? |
[04:26] | I’m like Gatsby, but without the problems. | 我好比是事事顺利的 大亨盖茨比 |
[04:28] | Listen, we’re gonna keep this relaxed, right? | 听着,我们可以轻松渡过 对吗? |
[04:32] | I’m not sure I’m up for a lot of first-lady fanfare tonight. | 我不确定我是否准备 被当成第一夫人盛大迎接 |
[04:36] | – What? – I wish you’d mentioned that before. | -什么? -你早点告诉我就好了 |
[04:39] | Why? | 为什么? |
[04:41] | – Ladies and gentlemen, Abbey Bartlet. – It’s gonna be relaxed. | -各位先生女士,艾比巴特勒 -会很轻松的 |
[04:51] | For dessert, we’re having kumquat napoleons. | 甜点我们有 金桔拿破仑派 |
[04:54] | – Shut up. – Okay. | -闭嘴 -好吧 |
[04:57] | – Happy birthday, Mrs. B. – Oh, thank you, Josh. | 制片:保罗瑞福 -生日快乐,巴夫人 -谢谢,乔西 |
[05:01] | – Amy, a friend. – Happy birthday. | -艾咪,一个朋友 -生日快乐 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 |
[05:03] | – You look beautiful. – Amy. | -你看来真美 -艾咪 |
[05:05] | I’m responsible for the two of you. I haven’t gotten credit yet. | 我负责撮合你们两个 我还没得到我的奖赏 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[05:08] | – The jury’s still out. – I hope Donna’s coming. | -事情还不明朗 -我希望唐娜会来 |
[05:11] | Donna was invited. All the women of the West Wing. We’re doing a calendar. | 唐娜跟西厢所有女性都有被邀请 有写在行事历上 |
[05:14] | – Not sure what’s keeping her. – Abigail! | -不知道是什么绊住了她 -艾比盖儿! |
[05:16] | Now it’s a party. | 这才是派对 |
[05:18] | Yes, Your Lordship. | 是,领主大人 |
[05:20] | – Your breasts are magnificent. – Oh, thank you, John. | -您的胸前真是壮观 -谢谢,约翰 |
[05:24] | Mr. President, the first thing that attracted you to Abigail… | 总统先生 艾碧盖儿最先吸引您目光的 |
[05:27] | …was it her magnificent breasts? – It was. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 -是她美丽的胸前吧? -没错 |
[05:29] | You know, there are places in the world… | 你知道 在世上有些地方 |
[05:31] | …where it might be rude to talk about the physical attributes… | 编剧:艾伦索金 谈论某人老婆的身体特征 |
[05:35] | …of another man’s wife. – My God! | -是非常粗鲁无礼的 -我的天! |
[05:37] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的? -对 |
[05:39] | Abbey, I bring you warm wishes… | 艾碧,谨至上我温情的祝贺 |
[05:41] | …from Her Royal Majesty. – That’s nice of her. | -来自尊荣的女皇陛下 -她真是慷慨 |
[05:43] | – I can’t deliver the same wishes for you. – What did I do? | -我无法给你相同的祝福 -我做了什么? |
[05:47] | Brendan McGann cannot visit the White House. | 布兰登麦肯不能造访白宫 导演:亚力克葛拉夫斯 |
[05:49] | Look, we knew this was gonna be a thing. | 听着,我们知道这是个问题 |
[05:51] | – But it doesn’t have to be tonight, right? – No. I shall take it up with Gerald. | -但不必在今晚对吧? -没错,我会跟杰瑞德谈 |
[05:56] | – Who’s Gerald? – I’m pretty sure he means Leo. | -谁是杰瑞德? -我很确定他说的是里奥 |
[05:59] | – You have a new chief of staff? – No. | -你们换新幕僚长了? -没 |
[06:01] | Well, then, Gerald it is. Abbey, enjoy your birthday gala. | 那就是杰瑞德了 艾碧,享受你的生日宴会 |
[06:04] | I shall await a dance. | 我期待与你共舞 |
[06:06] | I won’t make you wait long, Your Lordship. | 我不会让你等太久 领主大人 |
[06:08] | Excellent. | 非常好 |
[06:10] | So… . So far, so good. | 那么目前为止都还好 |
[06:18] | – Leo? – Yeah. Do me a favor, would you? | -里奥? -帮我个忙好吗? |
[06:20] | Check out a rumor that Robert Nolan, chairman of the New Hampshire… | 新罕布夏的医学委员会主席 罗伯特诺兰要求回避 |
[06:24] | …Medical Board is gonna recuse himself from Abbey’s hearing. | 艾碧的公听会 查一下这个谣言的真假 |
[06:27] | – N-O-L-A-N? – Yeah. | -对 |
[06:28] | – And what’s the source? – I don’t know. | -消息来源是? -我不知道 |
[06:31] | But it’s coming from the Manchester Union Leader. | 不过这是来自 《曼彻斯特工会领袖报》 |
[06:33] | Change taxicabs a couple of times. | 多换几次计程车 |
[06:35] | I don’t want the paper knowing we’re asking questions. | 我不希望被人知道 我们在问问题 |
[06:38] | – That’s no problem. What’s going on? – Let’s confirm the story first. | -没问题,怎么了? -我们先证实这件事 |
[06:41] | – If it’s true, bring it to the president. – Okay. | -如果是真的,报告给总统 -好 |
[06:44] | And one of us… Well, you need to talk to Abbey tonight about tomorrow. | 我们其中一个 你今晚得跟艾碧谈明天的事 |
[06:49] | – Happy birthday, Abbey. – I’ll get this other thing. | -生日快乐,艾碧 -我去办其他事 |
[06:54] | – Hey. | – Hey. -嗨 -嗨 |
[06:55] | – Jack Enlow? – No, it’s C.J. Cregg. We’ve met. | -杰克恩洛? -不,我是茜洁葛瑞,我们见过 |
[06:58] | And laughed and laughed. | 真好笑 |
[06:59] | – Is Jack Enlow at the party yet? – I’m not at the party. | -杰克恩洛在派对吗? -我不在派对 |
[07:02] | If you’re gonna start with Enlow, can I send the press home? | 如果你要整恩洛 我可以送媒体回家了吗? |
[07:05] | – I’m not an instigator. – You are. | -我不是唆使者 -你是 |
[07:07] | I’m on the side of the angels. | 我是好人的那一边 |
[07:08] | I’ll say this. You can wear a tuxedo. | 我承认,因为你穿着�P尾服 |
[07:10] | – I know. – I know you know. | -我知道 -我知道你知道 |
[07:14] | – Good evening. – Why is Dalton Millgate coming here? | -晚安 -达顿米盖特为什么来这儿? |
[07:17] | – How’d you know he was coming? – How do you think? | -你怎么知道他会来? -你认为呢? |
[07:20] | – Because you know everything. – Yes. | -因为你知道一切 -对 |
[07:23] | I had him for a semester. | 我跟他上过一学期课 |
[07:24] | He’s having trouble getting funding for a superconductor. | 他正在为超导体筹资的事烦恼 |
[07:27] | I told him I’d put him with Jack Enlow. | 我告诉他我会安排他 跟杰克恩洛坐 |
[07:30] | – You gonna fight with Enlow? – Why does everybody think…? | -你想杠上恩洛吗? -为什么每个人都觉得? |
[07:33] | – Never mind. I’m just doing him a favor. – Okay. | -算了,我只是帮他个忙 -好吧 |
[07:37] | – How you feeling about the first lady? – I was feeling good, and now I’m not. | -你对第一夫人的感觉如何? -本来不错,现在不好 |
[07:41] | – Why? – We’re checking it out… | -为什么? -在我们调查下 |
[07:42] | …but I think the swing vote’s gonna recuse himself. | 发现决定性选票者 要回避自己出席公听会 |
[07:45] | – President will wanna call him. – Maybe. | -总统会跟他谈 -也许 |
[07:47] | Yeah, he can’t. He can’t call him. It could send us into a whole new thing. | 他不能,他不能联络他 这会让我们扯进新麻烦 |
[07:51] | You ever mix politics and the president’s family and get a good result? | 曾几何时把政治扯上总统家人 会有好结果了? |
[07:55] | – No. – Me neither. I’ve been at this longer. | -没有过 -我也是,我认识他们更久 |
[07:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:59] | He can’t pick up the phone. | 他不能接起电话 |
[08:01] | – Isn’t it called a supercollider? – Is it? | -不是叫超级对撞器吗? -是吗? |
[08:03] | – You called it a superconductor. – Whatever. | -你说叫超导体 -随便 |
[08:06] | – Keep blood off your shirt. – I’m not an instigator. | -别自找麻烦 -我不是教唆者 |
[08:09] | Donna. What are you doing here? | 唐娜,你在这儿做什么? |
[08:11] | – Are you having a good time? – The party’s started. | -你玩得好不好啊? -派对已经开始了 |
[08:13] | Is the champagne flowing as smoothly as the badinage? | 香槟是否如诙谐的笑话 一样温醇? |
[08:16] | – Elegant men and beautiful gowns? – The men are in tuxes. | -优雅的男士跟美丽的晚礼服? -男士穿�P尾服 |
[08:20] | -“And” beautiful gowns, not”in.” – What are you doing here? | -我是说“跟” ,不是“穿” -你在这儿做什么? |
[08:23] | There was a problem when the Secret Service did its check on the guest list. | 当特勤局检查宾客名单时 发现了一个问题 |
[08:26] | – A problem with what? – With me. | -什么问题? -我 |
[08:29] | Donna, you work in the White House. You fly with the president. | 唐娜,你在白宫工作 你跟总统一起搭飞机 |
[08:33] | – What’s the problem? – I do not know. | -什么问题? -我不知道 |
[08:34] | – Come into the party. – I don’t think I should. | -来参加宴会 -我认为我不应该去 |
[08:37] | – Why? – Well, they’ll shoot me. | -为什么? -他们会射杀我 |
[08:39] | – They wouldn’t tell you the problem? – Said they’d get back to me. | -他们不愿意告诉你问题何在? -他们说会回我话 |
[08:42] | – You want me to get into it? – That’d be very nice. | -你要我介入吗? -那样会很好 |
[08:45] | – You look good. – Thanks. | -你看来很美 -谢谢 |
[08:48] | – Dr. Millgate. – Sam. | -米盖特博士 -山姆 |
[08:51] | – It’s been a long time. – Yes. | -好久不见了 -是啊 |
[08:53] | And now the student becomes the teacher, huh? | 而现在学生变成老师了 对吧? |
[08:55] | Not really, no. | 并不完全是 |
[08:58] | Okay. So did I disappoint you when I didn’t go into physics? | 好吧,我没选物理时 你是否觉得很失望? |
[09:01] | – No. – Why? | -不会 -为什么? -你物理很糟 -不,我才没有 |
[09:03] | – You were bad at it. – No, I wasn’t. | -你物理很糟 -不,我才没有 |
[09:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 -我只是需要一点鼓励 -不 |
[09:06] | – I just needed a little encouragement. – No. | -我只是需要一点鼓励 -不 |
[09:09] | Congress isn’t gonna fund your superconductor. | 国会不会资助你的超导体 |
[09:12] | Supercollider. | 超级对撞器 超导超级对撞器 我讨论的是这个玩意 |
[09:13] | Superconducting supercollider. This is exactly what I’m talking about. | 超导超级对撞器 我讨论的是这个玩意 |
[09:18] | A 54-mile tunnel 150 feet belowground, in which protons and antiprotons… | 一条长达54里的地下隧道 其中的质子与反质子 |
[09:23] | …would be flung into each other at the speed of light. | 以光速彼此对撞 |
[09:26] | – Can you remember that? – Yes. | -你记得下来吗? -可以 |
[09:28] | Because when you talk about it you shouldn’t sound like an idiot. | 因为当你说明时 我可不希望你听来像个白痴 |
[09:31] | There’s no lobby for this, Sam. There’s no presence in Washington. | 没人帮忙关说,山姆 我们在华府没有关系人 |
[09:35] | It’s just me coming to see you. That’s how seriously the government takes it. | 只有我来看你 这就是政府看待这件事的程度 |
[09:39] | – Well, Congress spent 2 billion. – I know. | -国会已经花了20亿 -我知道 |
[09:42] | But all they did was clear the land and build a lab. We need the thing. | 但他们所做的只是清理地面 盖座实验室,我们需要隧道 |
[09:45] | – Now, is he there? – The senator? Yeah. | -他在里面吗? -参议员?在啊 |
[09:48] | – Because you said he’d be at the party. – He’s there. | -因为你说他会在派对里 -他在这儿 |
[09:51] | – Go talk to him. – Okay. | -去跟他谈 -好吧 |
[09:52] | I said I’d do this, but it’s likely he’s gonna say this is an unaffordable luxury. | 我会赞成这么做,但他有可能会说 这是我们无法负担的奢侈品 |
[09:57] | We’re losing the race for discovery, Sam. | 我们的研发竞赛快要输了 山姆 |
[10:00] | For discovery. | 科学发现 |
[10:02] | Tonight, it’s just me and you. | 今晚,只有我跟你 |
[10:05] | – That doesn’t really sound like enough. – No. | -听起来好像不够 -没错 |
[10:10] | – What hotel you staying at? – I’m not staying at a hotel. | -你住哪间旅馆? -我不住在旅馆 |
[10:13] | – Where can I call you? – I’ll be right here. | -那我怎么找你? -我就坐在这儿 |
[10:15] | – It’s not like a drive-up window… – You’re wasting time. | -这又不是免下车服务 -你在浪费时间 |
[10:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:25] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[10:29] | – Yes, sir. – I’m gonna need you later. | -是的,长官 -我待会需要你 |
[10:32] | – Sure. – I wanna work on my toast. | -没问题 -我想练习一下敬酒致词 |
[10:34] | – Want Sam or Toby? – I don’t need help writing. | -需要山姆或托比吗? -我不需要别人帮我写 |
[10:37] | I can write a damn toast. I just wanna say it out loud. | 我自己可以写贺词 我只是想对着某人大声念出来 |
[10:39] | – Any warm body is fine. – Thank you, sir. | -任何人都可以 -谢谢,长官 |
[10:42] | – When I give you the signal, we’ll go. – What’s the signal? | -当我打暗号时,我们就出去 -暗号是什么? |
[10:45] | It’ll be something like,”Charlie, we’re gonna work on the toast.” | -比方说: “查理,我们要练贺词了” -好的,长官 |
[10:48] | – Excuse me. – You finally got here. | -抱歉 -你终于来了 |
[10:51] | I think Abbey’s gonna pull a hamstring about tomorrow. | 我想艾碧明天可能要 多多运用她的力量 |
[10:54] | – You mind if I talk to her a little bit? – About what? | -介意我跟她说几句吗? -关于什么事? |
[10:57] | You know, what she should be saying tomorrow. | 她明天该说的话 |
[10:59] | – I’m feeling all right about it. – Just in case. | -我没有觉得什么不妥 -只是以防万一 |
[11:02] | I don’t know. She’s pretty pissed. | 我不知道,她蛮生气的 |
[11:04] | – Yeah, but at you, right? – Yeah. | -但是是对你生气,对吧? -对 |
[11:07] | – Yeah. – All right. | -对 -好吧 |
[11:10] | – Did she like the fanfare? – Loved it. | -她喜欢盛大场面吗? -爱死了 |
[11:12] | Okay. | 那就好 |
[11:44] | Josh. | 乔西 -查克 -很高兴看到你 |
[11:45] | – Chuck. – Good to see you. | -查克 -很高兴看到你 |
[11:47] | – You’re friends with the first lady? – My wife. | -你是第一夫人的朋友? -我老婆是 |
[11:49] | – Oh, sure. You know Amy Gardner? – Just by reputation. | -当然,你认识艾咪嘉纳吗? -听说过她的名气 |
[11:53] | – I thought you were great on Crossfire. – I don’t think I was on Crossfire. | -你昨天在《政治论坛》上表现不错 -我没上《政治论坛》 |
[11:58] | – I meant Josh. – Actually, you meant Sam. | -我是指乔西 -实际上,你是指山姆 |
[12:01] | – I heard it was you. – As long as you heard I was great. | -我听说是你 -只要你说我很棒就算 |
[12:04] | Listen, you’ve still got my number, right? | 听着,你还有我的号码吧? |
[12:07] | – About the thing? – Yeah. | -关于那件事? -对 |
[12:12] | – Nice meeting you. – Good seeing you, Chuck. | -很高兴认识你 -很高兴见到你,查克 |
[12:16] | “About the thing”? | “关于那件事”? |
[12:18] | – You guys pulling a heist? – No. | -你们打算抢银行吗? -不 |
[12:20] | Come on. Let me in on the action. | 说吧,让我加入行动 |
[12:23] | I can be a dame. | 我很厉害的 |
[12:26] | I won’t blow the whistle, get you cheesed. | 我不会漏口风让你们被抓 |
[12:28] | No, Mugsy. Chuck Kane heads Intergovernmental Affairs at Treasury… | 不,查克肯恩想去 财政部内政处 |
[12:32] | …and he wants a job on the campaign as deputy political director. | 他想在选战中 担任主要参谋长 |
[12:35] | – Is he gonna get it? – I don’t think so. | -他会得到吗? -我不认为 |
[12:38] | – Who else are you considering? – Mark Rothman and Robbie Gill. | -你还考虑谁? -马克罗斯曼与罗比吉尔 |
[12:46] | What? | 什么? 我在想马克跟罗比 是很好笑的女性名字 |
[12:47] | I was thinking Mark and Robbie are funny names for women. | 我在想马克跟罗比 是很好笑的女性名字 |
[12:50] | – They’re men. – I know. | -他们是男的 -我知道 他们刚好是男的 |
[12:52] | They happen to be men. | They happen to be men. 他们刚好是男的 |
[12:54] | You’re not hiring enough women in senior positions for the campaign. | 你们的选战资深幕僚中 女性人数占得太少 |
[12:57] | – How do you know? – Because it’s my job to know. | -你怎么知道? -因为那是我的工作 |
[13:00] | We’re in a dangerous area. | 我们站在危险地带 如果女性是唯一选民 |
[13:02] | If women were the only voters… | 如果女性是唯一选民 |
[13:03] | …the Democrats would win in a landslide every time. | 民主党每次都会大胜 |
[13:06] | If men were the only voters, the GOP would be the left-wing party. | 如果男性是唯一选民 共和党就会变成左翼党派 |
[13:11] | Women will be 60 percent of the vote. | 女性将占60%选票 |
[13:13] | Don’t you think they should make up 40 percent of the campaign staff? | 你不认为我们应该占 至少40%的选战幕僚吗? |
[13:18] | Let me tell you why this is a dangerous area. | 让我告诉你为什么 这是个危险地带 |
[13:20] | Because I can’t make decisions based on the fact that I like your smooth skin. | 因为我不能靠你光滑的肌夫 来做决定 |
[13:29] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[13:32] | – Don’t try and trick me. – You’re right. This should be off-limits. | -别试着套我 -你说得对,这已经超出界线 |
[13:36] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[13:39] | – You’re trying to trick me. – No. | -你想套我 -才没有 |
[13:42] | I’ll be scared for the rest of the night. | 我整晚都会担心害怕 |
[13:44] | – Hey, what happened to Donna? – Donna. Yes. | -唐娜怎么了? -唐娜,对了 |
[13:48] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[13:50] | – Josh. – Yeah. | -乔西 -怎样? 总统在哪? |
[13:51] | Where’s the president? | 总统在哪? 他跟查理去写贺词了 |
[13:53] | He went with Charlie to work on his toast. | 他跟查理去写贺词了 |
[13:55] | I’m gonna need a few minutes of uninterrupted time… | 我需要几分钟不受打扰 |
[13:58] | – Gerald! – Yeah. | -杰瑞德! -在这 |
[14:00] | Gerald, old sock. | 杰瑞德,老袜子 |
[14:03] | – Gotta go. – Yeah. | -得走了 -好 布兰登麦肯不能造访白宫 |
[14:04] | Brendan McGann cannot come to the White House. | 布兰登麦肯不能造访白宫 |
[14:07] | – How are you, John? – I’m well. | -你好吗,约翰? -我还不错 |
[14:09] | But McGann cannot come to the White House. | 但是麦肯不能造访白宫 |
[14:11] | Hang on. Toby. | 等等,托比 |
[14:14] | – You know Toby Ziegler. – Yeah. We’ve met on occasion. | -你认识托比齐格 -我们见过几次面 |
[14:17] | Toby, come here. | 托比,过来 |
[14:19] | – Lord John Marbury. – Yes. | -这位是约翰马尔柏利领主 -是 |
[14:23] | Good evening, Your Lordship. | 晚安,领主大人 晚安 |
[14:25] | Well, good evening. Yes. | 晚安 |
[14:27] | Talk to him about McGann. | 告诉他麦肯的事 |
[14:33] | – You object to him coming? – My objections are irrelevant. | -你反对他来? -我的反对并不相关 |
[14:36] | Her Majesty’s government has objections. | 女皇陛下的政府反对 |
[14:38] | – Which are? – He’s a terrorist. | -原因是? -他是恐怖份子 |
[14:42] | party, in fact, the oldest in Ireland. | 等等,新芬党是政治党派 事实上是爱尔兰最老的党 |
[14:46] | – And the political wing of the IRA. – Sir… | -也是爱尔兰独立军的政治分支 -长官 |
[14:49] | A terrorist cell. You are honoring a man at your St. Patrick’s Day dinner… | 他是恐怖份子一份子 你们在圣派屈克日的晚餐上荣耀他 |
[14:53] | …allied with car bombers and murderers of British soldiers. | 他是汽车炸弹 跟英国士兵谋杀者的同盟 |
[14:56] | This, not to mention, Irish men, women and children. | 更别提还有爱尔兰的男女老幼 |
[14:59] | You are doing it to appease Democrats from New York City and Boston. | 你们这么做是要讨 纽约跟波士顿民主党员的欢心 |
[15:03] | – He’s not being honored, just invited. – He shouldn’t be given a visa. | -他没有被荣耀,只是被邀请 -他根本不该拿到签证 |
[15:07] | And I think we have to be careful how we use the word”terrorist.” | 我认为我们该小心 使用“恐怖份子”这个字 |
[15:13] | – Can I call you John? – I am John, Lord Marbury… | -我可以叫你约翰吗? -我是约翰,马尔柏利领主 |
[15:17] | …Earl of Croy, Marquis of Needham and Dolby… | 克洛伊公爵 尼德汉与多比领地 |
[15:20] | …Baronet of Brycey, England’s ambassador to the United States. | 不列西巴罗内特领地 英国驻美国大使 |
[15:23] | And a terrorist is a terrorist… | 恐怖份子还是恐怖份子 即使他戴绿领带 唱《丹尼男孩》 |
[15:25] | …even if he wears a green necktie and sings”Danny Boy.” | 即使他戴绿领带 唱《丹尼男孩》 |
[15:28] | Yes, you can call me John. | 是的,你可以叫我约翰 |
[15:33] | You feel like a drink? | 想不想喝一杯? 我在找拉加维林 |
[15:35] | Yeah. I was looking for some Lagavulin. | 我在找拉加维林 |
[15:37] | – It’s a 16-year-old Islay single malt. – I know Lagavulin. | -那是16年熟成的艾雷麦芽酒 -我知道拉加维林 |
[15:40] | They usually have it here. | 他们通常会在宴会里供应 |
[15:43] | Let’s go down the street. They keep a bottle there. | 我们去街上走走 他们提供酒瓶 |
[15:46] | Lead on. | 请带路 |
[15:48] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 -参议员 -什么事? |
[15:50] | – Senator. – Yes? | -参议员 -什么事? |
[15:52] | – Sam Seaborn. – Sure. | -山姆希朋 -你好 |
[15:54] | – Wondering if you had a moment. – I promised my wife a dance. | -请问你是否有空 -我答应跟我老婆共舞 |
[15:57] | This will just take a moment. I’ve an eminent physicist in my office. | 一下下就好 有个物理学家坐在我办公室 |
[16:00] | – Dr. Millgate. You’ve heard of him? – Yes. | -米盖特博士,你听过吗? -有 |
[16:03] | He asked me about the supercollider. I didn’t have any answers… | 他问我有关超级对撞器的事 我什么都不知道 |
[16:06] | – It’s dead. – It is? | -已经封杀了 -是吗? -跟希腊古诗人一样 -我相信希腊还有活诗人 |
[16:08] | – As a Greek poet. – I’m sure there are live poets in Greece. | -跟希腊古诗人一样 -我相信希腊还有活诗人 |
[16:11] | – Could you tell me how it died? – I don’t know. | -能告诉我怎么被封杀的? -我不知道 |
[16:14] | You’re a ranking member of the authorizing subcommittee. | 你是授权附属委员会的干部委员 |
[16:16] | – How can you not know? – It was put on anonymous hold. | -你怎么可能不知道? -这件事被匿名者延期 |
[16:19] | – That only applies to nominations. – You’re wrong. | -匿名规则仅用于提名 -你错了 |
[16:22] | – Anyone can hold any bill for any reason. – I don’t understand. | -任何人都有反对法案的理由 -我不了解 |
[16:25] | – How long does the objection last? – Until the senator loses. | -否决长达多久? -直到参议员败选 |
[16:28] | You just tell your floor leader. | 只要告诉你的党主席就行了 -真是疯狂 -你说的 |
[16:30] | – That’s insane. – Says you. | -真是疯狂 -你说的 |
[16:31] | This isn’t a duck hunter with a gripe in my office. It’s Dalton Millgate. | 这可不是猎鸭人在我办公室 这是达顿米盖特 |
[16:35] | – Who’s blocking the damn supercollider? – It’d compromise the anonymous hold. | -是谁否决超级对撞器? -这不符匿名否决 |
[16:39] | It would compromise autocratic obstructionism. | 这会不符独裁妨碍 |
[16:41] | We’re talking about the Senate, the saucer that cools the coffee. | 我们说的是参议院 冷却咖啡的茶碟 |
[16:45] | – And the drain that swallows it, sir. – Check around. | -也是把咖啡吸光的沟槽 -你可以到处去问 |
[16:47] | – I’m on record in favor of it. – Thank God the hold’s anonymous. | -纪录上我是赞同该法案的 -感谢老天那是匿名否决 |
[16:53] | – It’s you. – Sam. | -是你 -山姆 |
[16:56] | – You really care about the supercollider? – I didn’t before. | -你真的在乎超级对撞器吗? -我之前不在乎 |
[17:00] | It’s a long night, and we’re not done yet. | 今晚很长,我们还没谈完 |
[17:03] | Go dance with your wife. | 去跟你老婆跳舞 |
[17:11] | – Hi. – They covered the arrivals on the news. | -嗨 -新闻已经开始报导晚宴 |
[17:15] | Everyone looked so nice. And happy. | 大家看起来都好美,好快乐 |
[17:18] | I brought you some food. | 我带了一些东西给你吃 -怎么了? -我没有答案 |
[17:20] | – What’s going on? – I don’t have all the answers… | -怎么了? -我没有答案 |
[17:23] | …but it’s pretty weird so far. | 但情况很怪 |
[17:25] | What? | 什么? 特勤局说 你名字旁有一个移民局注记 |
[17:26] | Secret Service says there’s an INS notation next to your name. | 特勤局说 你名字旁有一个移民局注记 |
[17:30] | – What kind of notation? – U.S. citizen: N. | -什么记号? -美国公民:非 |
[17:34] | – They’re saying I’m not a U.S. citizen? – No… | -他们说我不是美国公民? -不是 |
[17:37] | – Yes. – I don’t understand. | -对 -我不懂 |
[17:39] | – They’re saying… – I’m a U.S. citizen. | -他们是说 -我是美国公民 |
[17:41] | Born in Minnesota, moved to Wisconsin, now I live in Washington. What happened? | 在明尼苏达出生、搬到威斯康辛 现在住华盛顿,怎么会这样? |
[17:45] | – A mistake of some kind. – You think? | -某种失误吧 -你认为? |
[17:47] | We’re sorting it out. | 我们会解决 |
[17:50] | I’ve voted in every election… I paid taxes as a citizen of this country. | 我每次选举都有投票 我跟公民一样纳税 |
[17:54] | I have a birth certificate and a passport. | 我有出生证明跟护照 |
[17:56] | – It’ll just take a few more minutes. – You brought food? | -这只需要几分钟 -你带食物来了? |
[17:59] | Olives. | 橄榄 |
[18:02] | – Go away. – All right. | -走开 -好吧 -橄榄留下 -好吧 |
[18:03] | – Give me the olives. – Okay. | -橄榄留下 -好吧 |
[18:21] | I’d kind of like to wait until we know something for sure… | 我比较希望等到事情明朗 |
[18:25] | …before we start planning. – Yeah. | -才开始计划 -是啊 |
[18:27] | The thing is, though, the first day’s important. | 不过事情是 第一天非常重要 |
[18:30] | What I’d like to do, for instance, is schedule a public event… | 我想做的 是安排一个公开活动 |
[18:34] | …show we’re not scared. | 表示我们不害怕 |
[18:40] | – What about a comment? – You’ll make a comment. | -评论如何? -你会发表一个评论 |
[18:42] | But body language is gonna be just as important. | 但是肢体语言也一样重要 |
[18:45] | Can’t hang your head. You gotta smile, but you’ll look smug… You’ve gotta… | 不能垂头丧气,你必须微笑 看起来自满你必须 |
[18:49] | And there can’t be… Obviously, there can’t be no reaction. | 不能有 很明显,不能有反应 |
[18:52] | What about the campaign? | 选战呢? |
[18:56] | I’m not gonna tell a man’s wife she can’t campaign. | 我不会告诉某人的老婆 她不能参加选战 |
[19:00] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 我想我们可以多利用你 在主要民主党地区露脸 |
[19:01] | I think we can get a lot of use out of you in targeted Democratic areas. | 我想我们可以多利用你 在主要民主党地区露脸 |
[19:05] | Big cities, evening fundraisers. We’ll keep you out of the South. | 大城市、筹款晚会 我们不会让你进南部 |
[19:13] | – Can we talk about this tomorrow? – We need to… | -我们可以明天再谈吗? -我们需要 |
[19:15] | How about tomorrow? | 明天如何? |
[19:17] | – It’s important. – A lot of things are important. | -这很重要 -很多事都很重要 |
[19:21] | Of course. | 当然 |
[19:24] | I’m sorry. Enjoy the party. | 抱歉,享受你的派对 |
[19:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:34] | “I’ve known my wife, Abbey, for nearly 150 years.” | “我已经认识我老婆艾碧 快要150年了” |
[19:38] | I won’t do that. She won’t think that’s funny. | 我不会那么做 她不会觉得那好玩 |
[19:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 好吧,我应该好吧 |
[19:42] | Okay, I should… Yeah. Okay. | 好吧,我应该好吧 |
[19:45] | “Thank you all for being here tonight.” | “谢谢各位今晚的莅临” |
[19:47] | By the way, do you know where the term”toast” comes from? | 你们知道 这个词“举杯祝贺”来自哪里吗? |
[19:50] | – Can I say something, sir? – Yeah. | -我可以说件事吗,长官? -请 我会把主题定在巴特勒夫人上 而不要介入语源学 |
[19:52] | I’d stick to Mrs. Bartlet and not get into etymology… | 我会把主题定在巴特勒夫人上 而不要介入语源学 |
[19:55] | I was talking to you. The Stuarts. | 我是在跟你说,史都华家族 |
[19:57] | They’d put a piece of toast in your wine cup to improve the flavor. | 他们会把一片土司 放在你的酒杯上以改善气味 |
[20:01] | In 1643, members of the Middle Temple… | 1643年 英国大律师公会的成员 |
[20:03] | …toasted Princess Elizabeth by pledging to die in her service. | 在伊丽莎白公主的礼拜中 以誓死的方式祝贺她 |
[20:07] | Hey, that could be the button. | 那可能是感动人的关键 -抱歉 -我整晚都没看到你 |
[20:09] | – Excuse me. – I haven’t seen you all night. | -抱歉 -我整晚都没看到你 |
[20:11] | I’ve been tracking something down. | 我在追踪某件事 |
[20:14] | – Charlie. – Yes, sir. | -查理 -是的,长官 |
[20:16] | – What is it? – A piece in the Manchester Union Leader. | -这是什么? -《曼彻斯特工会领袖报》的一篇文章 |
[20:19] | “Sources close to Robert Nolan of the New Hampshire Medical Board… | “根据新罕布夏医学委员会主席 罗伯特诺兰某友人指出 |
[20:23] | …predict that he will announce his recusal from the case…” | 预测他将宣布 回避此次公听会” |
[20:26] | No, damn it. | 可恶 “因为他与巴特勒家族的 亲近关系”这是什么意思? |
[20:27] | …”because of his relationship with the Bartlets.” What does this mean? | “因为他与巴特勒家族的 亲近关系”这是什么意思? |
[20:30] | We think the board was evenly divided… | 我们认为董事会分配平均 |
[20:32] | …and Nolan was the deciding vote, which is what dictated a lot of it. | 诺兰是决定性一票 所以我们才特别要求他 |
[20:36] | – Damn it! – There was a personal relationship. | -可恶! -他们有个人关系 |
[20:39] | They worked together for 20 years. I appointed him to the board. | 他们共事了20年 我指派他去董事会的 |
[20:43] | – Excuse me, sir. – C.J., you should probably tell Abbey. | -抱歉,长官 -茜洁,你应该告诉艾碧 |
[20:46] | Yes, sir. Thank you, Mr. President. | 是的,长官,谢谢,总统先生 |
[20:50] | The Union Leader says Nolan’s gonna recuse himself. | 《工会领袖报》说 诺兰会回避这次案件 |
[20:58] | What’s gonna happen? | 会发生什么事? 他们会吊销她的执照一年 |
[20:59] | They’re gonna suspend her license for a year. | 他们会吊销她的执照一年 |
[21:04] | – We just talked for a little bit. – And? | -我们只说了一下 -然后呢? |
[21:07] | I don’t think you need to be concerned about her leaving you for me. | 我想你不用担心 她会为了我离开你 |
[21:10] | I was pretty concerned. | 我很担心 她绝对会为了某人离开你 |
[21:12] | She’s definitely leaving you for somebody… | 她绝对会为了某人离开你 |
[21:14] | Will you leave me alone. | 麻烦让我静一静 我试着要当个大丈夫 而你的自大全都跑出来了 |
[21:16] | I’m trying to be a husband, and your mojo’s getting all over me. | 我试着要当个大丈夫 而你的自大全都跑出来了 |
[21:21] | Marbury’s sitting with Toby. | 马尔柏利跟托比坐在一起 |
[21:23] | – This is Brendan McGann, right? – Yeah. | -是布兰登麦肯的事对吧? -对 |
[21:26] | Yeah, I don’t know what to say about that. | 我不知道对那件事该说什么 |
[21:31] | – I’ll see you inside. – Yeah. | -我们里面见 -好 谢谢,总统先生 |
[21:32] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 (生日快乐 艾碧) |
[21:57] | – Josh. – Good evening, ma’am. | -乔西 -晚安,夫人 |
[21:59] | I’m sorry to do this at a party. | 我很抱歉必须现在提出 |
[22:00] | This is a list of names I’d like you to consider for deputy political director. | 这里有张名单 是我希望你考虑的参谋长人选 |
[22:06] | We got it down to a few finalists. | 我们已经有一些最后人选 |
[22:08] | Yeah, I’d like you to add these names. | 我要你加上这些名字 |
[22:10] | I notice these are all women. | 我发现这些都是女性 |
[22:12] | Women are 60 percent of our vote, Josh. | 女性占了60%的选票,乔西 |
[22:14] | Don’t you think they should make up… | 你不认为她们应该 |
[22:16] | …40 percent of our campaign staff? – I’m sorry? | -选战幕僚中占40%吗? -什么? |
[22:19] | I said, women are 60 percent of our vote. Don’t you think…? | 我说,女性占了60%的选票 你不认为? |
[22:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:24] | – You’ll get on it? – Yes, ma’am. | -你会去处理? -是的,夫人 |
[22:26] | Having a good time? | 玩得高兴吗? |
[22:28] | You bet. | 当然 |
[22:30] | – You look beautiful. – Thank you, ma’am, and so do you. | -你看起来很美 -谢谢,夫人,你也是 |
[22:34] | I need to speak with you for a second. | 我需要跟你谈一下 |
[22:36] | – This can’t be good. – No, I’m afraid not. | -肯定没好事 -恐怕没错 |
[22:38] | Abbey, The Union Leader‘s got sources… | 艾碧,《工会领袖报》 取得来源 |
[22:40] | …saying Dr. Nolan’s gonna recuse himself from the case. | 说诺兰博士会回避此次公听会 |
[22:49] | – Claudia Jean. – Yes, ma’am. | -克劳蒂雅尚恩 -是的,夫人 |
[22:52] | Let’s get drunk. | 我们去喝醉吧 |
[22:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:04] | – Hey, it’s a list of women. – Yes, it is. | -这是女性名单 -没错 |
[23:07] | – She got right on it. – Yes, she did. | -她拿到了 -没错 |
[23:10] | – You love me? – You went over my head… | -你爱我吗? -你踩过我头上 |
[23:12] | …and you did it behind my back. – Quite the contortionist am I. | -还在我背后动手脚 -我真是个安静的特技演员 |
[23:15] | What position is Abbey Bartlet in to know anything…? | 艾碧巴特勒的地位 怎么可能知道? |
[23:18] | Amy. | 艾咪 |
[23:20] | – Yes, ma’am. – C.J. and I are gonna get drunk. | -是的,夫人 -茜洁跟我要去喝醉 |
[23:22] | – Come on. – Yes, ma’am. | -一起来 -是,夫人 |
[23:24] | – You’re going? – First lady asked me to booze with her. | -你要走了? -第一夫人邀我跟她一起喝醉 |
[23:28] | – I want to write a book one day. – Amy… | -我得写本书才行 -艾咪 |
[23:30] | You’re beeping. | 你的呼叫器响了 |
[23:39] | – All right, listen. – Yes. | -好吧,听着 -是 |
[23:41] | Well, first of all, you’re not allowed to smoke in the White House. | 首先 不准在白宫抽烟 |
[23:45] | – You’re kidding. – No. | -你开玩笑 -没 |
[23:47] | And the search for civilization continues. | 文明研究就此继续 |
[23:49] | Come outside. | 到外面来 |
[23:53] | I need you to tell me everything you can about the supercollider. | 我需要你告诉我一切 超级对撞器的事 |
[23:56] | – How much time we have? – About 10 minutes. | -我们有多少时间? -约10分钟 |
[23:59] | If you pay close attention, stay quiet, I can teach you how to spell it. | 如果你够注意,别说话 我可以教你怎么拼 |
[24:03] | Listen, this is what I do. I get things fast. | 听着,这是我的工作 我学得很快 |
[24:06] | – Since when? – What is it? | -何时开始? -那是什么? |
[24:08] | It’s a machine that reveals the origins of matter. | 是种显示物体起源的机器 |
[24:11] | I’m assuming from the look on your face you couldn’t tell me what matter is. | 从你的脸上我可以猜到 你不知道是什么物体 |
[24:16] | There’s a lot of knowledge out there. I may have missed some things. | 这里头知识何其多 我可能会漏失一些事 |
[24:19] | By smashing protons together at very high speeds and temperatures… | 以超高速跟高温粉碎粒子 |
[24:23] | …we can re-create the big bang in a laboratory setting. | 我们可以在实验室环境中 重现大爆炸 |
[24:26] | Creating the kinds of particles that only existed… | 制造出一种只在 当宇宙产生后一秒的 |
[24:29] | …in the first trillionth of a second after the universe was created. | 第一个百万兆年时 才有的粒子 |
[24:33] | Terrific. I understood that. What kind of practical applications does it have? | 太棒了,这个我懂 实际应用范围为何? |
[24:37] | None at all. | 完全没有 |
[24:39] | – You’re not a helpful person. – Don’t have to be. I have tenure. | -你一点也没帮忙 -我不必帮忙,我有终生职 |
[24:42] | Doctor… | 博士 |
[24:44] | There are no practical applications! Anybody says different is lying. | 完全没有实际应用价值! 如果有人说有那就是说谎 |
[24:47] | I need to be able to show him I can paint him as against something. | 我必须让他知道 我有可以抹黑他的能力 |
[24:51] | Children, baseball, fresh air… | 让他反对儿童、棒球、新鲜空气 |
[24:54] | …campaign finance. What does it mean to be against the supercollider? | 竞选基金 有什么事是反对超级对撞器的? |
[24:57] | – I don’t know where to start. – Come on. | -我不知道从何开始 -快啊 |
[25:00] | I really don’t. | 我真的不知道 |
[25:02] | Listen, what’s your motivation? | 听着,你的动机是什么? |
[25:07] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[25:08] | Well, you did me the favor, and now you’re still going. | 你帮了我一个忙 而你现在还在帮 |
[25:13] | I have a history with this particular senator. | 我跟某位参议员有过节 |
[25:16] | Well, that’s a really stupid-ass reason, Sam. | 那真是蠢到家的理由,山姆 |
[25:20] | I like to win. | 我喜欢赢 |
[25:23] | So this guy ate your Froot Loops… | 这家伙吃了你的早餐麦片 |
[25:25] | – What do you care? – I don’t. | -你在乎吗? -不 |
[25:27] | – What’s your motivation? – I’m a particle physicist. | -你的动机是什么? -我是粒子物理学家 |
[25:29] | Not suddenly. Why now? | 一直都是,为什么要现在? |
[25:32] | The budget resolution has to be passed by April 15. | 预算协议必须在4月15日通过 |
[25:35] | That means the authorizing bill to Senate Appropriations… | 也就是说 参议院拨款委员会的审议案 |
[25:38] | …has to go up mid-March. | 必须在3月中通过 |
[25:41] | Now, you can shoehorn a road or a bridge at the last minute… | 你可以在最后一分钟 把一条路或一座桥塞进去 |
[25:45] | …but not 12 billion for a supercollider. Also… | 但120亿的超级对撞器 就不可能了,而且 |
[25:49] | …I have non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. | 我有非何杰金氏淋巴瘤 |
[26:00] | There’s something to be said for giving McGann credibility by inviting him. | 你们邀请麦肯 就等于是给他份量 |
[26:04] | It strengthens him in dealing with the violent members of his own party. | 这会加强他与党派中 暴力份子的联系力量 |
[26:08] | Degrees of violent. | 某种程度的暴力 |
[26:09] | If we legitimize him, Protestants will wake up… | 如果我们让他合法化 抗议者会醒过来 |
[26:12] | …and accept they’ve gotta negotiate. | 发现自己可以跟政府打交道 |
[26:14] | You were the author of the president’s speech at the General Assembly? | 你是总统在联合国大会 演说的讲稿撰写者对吧? |
[26:18] | – There were many authors. – Of which you were one. | -有很多撰稿人 -你是其中之一 |
[26:20] | The IRA backed out of its promise to put its weapons beyond use… | 爱尔兰独立军遵守承诺 不使用武器 |
[26:25] | …as agreed to in the Good Friday peace accord. | 做为同意 佳美星期五和平协定 |
[26:27] | True or false? Until it disarms… | 是或非?直到协议解除 |
[26:29] | …the IRA and its political representatives | 爱尔兰独立军的武装,还有他们 在新芬党的政治代表是恐怖份子 |
[26:34] | – True. – When did it become… | -是 -美国何时 |
[26:36] | …policy of the United States to negotiate with terrorists? | 改变跟恐怖份子打交道的 政策了? |
[26:40] | We’ve had Arafat here, John. | 我们这里有阿拉法特,约翰 |
[26:42] | And my heaven, isn’t that paying bloody dividends? | 我的天哪 那不就要分配他庞大股息? |
[26:47] | – It wasn’t worth trying? – You’re making the mistake of youth. | -这不值得一试吗? -这是个幼稚的错误 |
[26:51] | The president’s not a kid. | 总统不是小孩 |
[26:54] | The country is. | 这个国家是 |
[26:55] | Involving yourself in an old conflict without sufficient regard for history. | 尤其你们在历史经验不足下 让自己卷入这种古老纷争 |
[27:00] | Listen to the warning of old friends. | 听听老朋友的警告 |
[27:03] | It was Kipling who warned to expect: | 吉卜林不是说过 |
[27:05] | The blame of those ye better The hate of those ye guard | “你喜爱之人怪罪你 你保护之人憎恨你” |
[27:10] | But wasn’t it James Joyce who said: | 但是詹姆斯乔依斯不是也说过 |
[27:12] | “History is a nightmare from which I’m trying to awake”? | “历史是场噩梦 我一直试着从当中醒来”? |
[27:17] | Yes, but it was your own great Irish master, Eugene O’Neill, who said: | 但是你们自己的爱尔兰大师 尤金奥尼尔也说过 |
[27:21] | “There is no present or future. | “没有现在或未来 |
[27:23] | Only the past happening over and over again, now.” | 只有过去一再发生 不断重复” |
[27:28] | So we should butt out of Ireland until we know what we’re doing? | 所以我们该滚出爱尔兰 直到知道自己在做什么? |
[27:31] | I’m saying Brendan McGann cannot come to the White House. | 我是说布兰登麦肯 不能来白宫 |
[27:38] | – Say, speaking of dead Irish writers… – Yes, another drink. | -说到死去的爱尔兰作家 -是啊,再来一杯 |
[27:42] | Here we go. | 走吧 |
[27:44] | “Awasiwi odanak: Far from the things of man.” | “阿瓦辛基奥达内克说 远离男人之事” |
[27:47] | When Jed first took me to his house, which is 25 miles from anywhere… | 当杰德第一次带我去他家 那真是鸡不生蛋鸟不拉屎的地方 |
[27:51] | …he said,”Awasiwi odanak: Far from the things of man.” | 他说“阿瓦辛基奥达内克说 远离男人之事” |
[27:54] | – What a jackass. – I’m gonna open the wine. | -真是个浑球 -我要开酒了 |
[27:57] | The wine is a ’95 old vine zinfandel… | 这瓶酒是95年的津芬德葡萄酒 |
[28:01] | …from Hogue Cellars, which belonged to King Boudewijn of Belgium… | 来自霍格雪勒 属于比利时的包德温大帝 |
[28:05] | …and is best sipped while making anagrams out of the phrase: | 饮用时最好朗诵以下句子 |
[28:08] | “My husband’s an enormous jackass.” | “我的丈夫是个大浑球” |
[28:10] | Amy, what are you looking for? | 艾咪,你在找什么? |
[28:13] | Anything I can take notes with. | 找可以记笔记的东西 |
[28:15] | This is an excellent corkscrew. | 这是个非常棒的螺丝起子 |
[28:17] | It just slides right in there like power steering. | 就这样动力方向盘 顺畅地滑入酒瓶 |
[28:21] | The right tool for the job. | 开酒最佳利器 |
[28:25] | The corkscrew sucks. Should I call a steward? | 这螺丝起子烂毙了 我该叫服务生吗? |
[28:27] | We don’t need to call. I’m board-certified in thoracic surgery. | 没必要 我是胸腔手术认证医师 |
[28:30] | And a good thing too. | 我最适合 |
[28:32] | Did Josh have a nutty on the campaign hiring? | 乔西对选战幕僚名单 是不是很抓狂? |
[28:35] | He’s, you know… . He’s adjusting. | 他只是,你知道还在调适 |
[28:38] | Well, let him adjust faster. Jackass. | 让他调适快一点,浑球 |
[28:40] | – Excuse me. – Oh, Donna. | -抱歉 -唐娜 |
[28:42] | I’m sorry, ma’am. Josh was looking for Amy. | 抱歉,夫人 乔西正在找艾咪 |
[28:46] | She’s right here. Where have you been all night? | 她就在这儿 你整晚都待在哪儿? |
[28:48] | It’s a little tough to explain. | 很难解释 |
[28:50] | Tougher to explain than secretly prescribing Betaseron? | 比偷开干扰素处方还难吗? |
[28:53] | It turns out I’m not an American citizen… | 我发现我不是美国公民 |
[28:55] | …so Secret Service wanted me to talk to INS. | 特勤局要我去跟移民局谈 |
[28:58] | I was born in Warroad, Minnesota, only I wasn’t. | 我在明尼苏达沃路出生 但我不是 |
[29:00] | INS just clarified the border, and it’s now in Manitoba. | 移民局刚厘清国界 现在这个小镇属于曼尼托巴 |
[29:03] | – You’re not an American? – Missed it by four miles. | -你不是美国人? -只差四里 |
[29:06] | – You seem pretty calm about it. – No, I’m very upset. | -你看起来蛮冷静的 -不,我很沮丧 |
[29:08] | I don’t know my national anthem. I’ve thrown out Canadian pennies. | 我不知道我的国歌 我把加拿大币都丢掉了 |
[29:12] | I’ve been making fun of the queen. | 我一直嘲笑英国女皇 |
[29:15] | – I’m sure it’ll all work out. – Thank you, ma’am. | -我相信一切都会解决的 -谢谢,夫人 |
[29:17] | – Where are you going? – They’ve let me into the party. | -你要去哪? -他们让我进派对了 |
[29:20] | – Stay and have some wine with us. – Really? | -留下来陪我们喝酒吧 -真的? |
[29:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[29:24] | That’s very nice of you. | 你对我真好 |
[29:27] | – Probably shouldn’t drink, though. – Don’t worry. | -也许我不该喝酒 -别担心 |
[29:29] | – Canadian, huh? – Yeah. | -加拿大人? -是啊 |
[29:31] | You feel funnier? | 你觉得有趣吗? 不,我开始觉得自己 低人一等 |
[29:32] | No, but I am developing a massive inferiority complex. | 不,我开始觉得自己 低人一等 |
[29:36] | – Did it come out? – Next best thing, it’s in the bottle. | -酒栓出来了吗? -另一件好事是,它掉进酒瓶了 |
[29:39] | – We’ll decant it. – Now it’s a party. | -我们可以拿出来 -派对终于开始 |
[29:41] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[29:48] | This is a good bottle of wine. | 这是一瓶好酒 |
[29:53] | It’s almost made me forget how much cork I swallowed… | 我几乎快忘了 从我的第一瓶酒开始 |
[29:56] | …from the first bottle of wine. | 我吞下多少酒栓 |
[30:00] | I don’t understand. It was good corkscrew, graphite. | 我不懂 这是个好螺丝起子 |
[30:02] | – C.J. – Stop talking about the corkscrew? | -茜洁 -别再说螺丝起子好吗? |
[30:05] | – Yeah. – I wanted to ask you a question… | -好 -我想问你个问题 |
[30:07] | …but I’m not sure how. – What? | -但我不知道该怎么问 -什么? |
[30:09] | If the most they can give you is a year’s suspension, is it…? | -但我不知道该怎么问 -什么? 如果他们最多只能吊销你 一年执照,那? |
[30:12] | – That big a deal? – Yes. | -是很严重的事吗? -对 |
[30:14] | Yes. I’m a doctor. It’s not like changing your major. | -是很严重的事吗? -对 对,我是个医生 又不是转主修 |
[30:17] | You, of all people… | 跟所有人比起来 |
[30:19] | I mean, women talk about their husbands overshadowing their careers. | 跟所有人比起来 女人都说她们的丈夫 盖过了她们的事业 |
[30:22] | Mine got eaten. | 我的被吃掉 |
[30:24] | – Your husband got eaten? – My career. | 我的被吃掉 -你的丈夫? -我的事业 |
[30:26] | Yeah. Well, I’m on dangling modifier patrol. | 我正在进行独立的中间巡逻 |
[30:29] | – What’s your problem? – Are you first lady right now? | -你有什么问题? -你现在是第一夫人吗? |
[30:32] | What? | 什么? |
[30:34] | Sometimes you like to talk, and I think that’s great. | 什么? 有时你很健谈,我觉得很棒 |
[30:36] | Sometimes you’re Abbey and sometimes my boss. I respect both very much… | 有时你是艾碧,有时是我老板 我两者都很尊敬 |
[30:40] | – I’m Abbey. – Yes, I agree with her. | -我是艾碧 -是,我同意她 |
[30:42] | They take this job away from me, I’ve got nothing. | 他们剥夺我的工作 我什么也没有了 |
[30:45] | I don’t have a cat. | 我没有猫 |
[30:47] | I could get one, but I don’t have one. | 我没有猫 我可以养一只,但我没有 |
[30:50] | Frankly, I’m not wild about cats. | 说实话,我也没那么爱猫 |
[30:52] | I don’t hate them. I’m just not… . | 我不恨他们,我只是 |
[30:57] | – I could learn to like them, I guess, if l… – C.J. | -我可以试着喜欢他们,如果我 -茜洁 |
[31:01] | You’ve got a husband and children, a home and a life. | 你有老公、小孩 一个家跟生活 |
[31:04] | We’re talking about one year of not having a medical license. | 这只是一年没有医学执照 |
[31:07] | Jed got censured and that came with no tangible penalty. | 杰德被谴责 却不会受到实质惩罚 |
[31:10] | It was a banner headline. He’s having a nervous breakdown. | 这是头条新闻 他还有神经崩溃症状 |
[31:13] | – That’s different. – Why? | -那不一样 -为什么? |
[31:14] | – Because it is, and you know it. – I’m first lady again. | -因为就是这样,你知道 -我又是第一夫人了 |
[31:17] | – You are first lady, Abbey. – Yes. | -你是第一夫人,艾碧 -对 |
[31:19] | And it’s not like it’s been a detour from health care. | 这又不是全民健保调查 |
[31:23] | What, you’ve expanded Medicare to cover mammograms… | 你还将医疗补助延伸到 乳房X光照射 |
[31:25] | …cancer clinical trials. That’s money that could’ve gone into Viagra. | 癌症诊疗测试 那些钱原本会跑到威而刚去 |
[31:30] | You were the one who said”no dice” to cutting infant nutrition programs… | 对婴儿营养计划删减 还有家居看护标准删减 |
[31:33] | …nursing-home standards… – There’s plenty of stuff left. | -你都说“不行” -还有很多事情没做 |
[31:38] | – That’s not the point. – What’s the point? | -那不是重点 -重点是什么? |
[31:40] | – I’m a doctor. – Mrs. Bartlet, you were also a doctor… | -我是个医生 -巴特勒太太,你是个医生 |
[31:43] | …when your husband said,”Give me the drugs and don’t tell anybody.” | 当你丈夫说“给我药 但别告诉任何人” |
[31:52] | Oh, my God. You switched back to first lady. | 我的天 你变回第一夫人了 |
[31:56] | – That’s all right. – I’m so sorry, Mrs. Bartlet. | -没错 -我很抱歉,巴特勒太太 |
[31:58] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[32:03] | He took the censure standing up. | 他站起来接受谴责 |
[32:05] | I was very proud to have voted for him that day. | 那天我很骄傲 我有投他一票 |
[32:12] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[32:19] | Let’s get back to the party. | 我们回派对吧 |
[32:29] | Okay, here we go. | 好吧,我们开始吧 |
[32:31] | Time is tight. | 时间很赶 |
[32:33] | That’s when the juices get flowing. | 那是创作力出现的时候 |
[32:35] | I’m not sure we have time for juices, sir. | 我想我们没时间等创作力了 长官 |
[32:38] | – I could tell the story of the ditchdigger. – Sure. | -我可以说个挖沟渠工的故事 -好啊 |
[32:41] | – You know the story? – I do not. | -你知道这个故事? -我不知道 |
[32:43] | Abbey and I are walking, we see a ditchdigger. | 艾碧跟我正在散步 我们看到一个挖沟渠工 |
[32:45] | I said,”You glad you married me? You could have married him.” | 我说“你很高兴嫁给我吧? 你可能嫁给他” |
[32:48] | She said,”Jed, if I’d married him, he’d be president.” | 她说“杰德,如果我嫁他 他就会成为总统” |
[32:51] | – What do you think? – No. | -你认为呢? -不好 |
[32:52] | Why? | -你认为呢? -不好 为什么? |
[32:54] | It seems like a story about how cool you are. | 为什么? 这个故事只会让人觉得你很酷 |
[32:56] | It is. | 是啊 |
[32:59] | – Do you love her? – Very deeply. | -你爱她吗? -非常爱 |
[33:01] | – That’ll work fine. – No, it won’t. | -那就没问题了 -才怪 |
[33:04] | In my house, anyone who uses one word when they could’ve used 10… | 在我家,要是有人只用一个字 来代替10个字 |
[33:08] | …just isn’t trying hard. Let’s keep at it. | 就代表他不够努力 我们继续想吧 |
[33:11] | The darkness in our sunshine, the shadow on our souls… | 我们阳光里的黑暗 我们灵魂中的阴影 |
[33:16] | …the biblical sins of the fathers. | 我们父亲的原生罪名 |
[33:19] | For Americans, it’s slavery. | 以美国人来说,就是蓄奴 |
[33:21] | Slavery is your original sin. | 蓄奴是你们的原罪 |
[33:23] | That and your unfortunate history with your aborigines. | 还有与原住民的不幸历史 |
[33:26] | Native Americans. | 本土美国人 |
[33:28] | For the English, it’s Ireland. | 本土美国人 以英国人来说,就是爱尔兰 |
[33:31] | Well, they’ve given us a couple U.S. presidents… | 我们有很多爱尔兰人 当上美国总统 |
[33:34] | …a lot of Boston Democrats and half the New York City Police. | 还有很多波士顿民主党员 跟一半的纽约警察 |
[33:37] | Not to mention the song, “Yankee Doodle Dandy.” | 更别提这首歌 “胜利之歌” |
[33:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:44] | Centuries of home rule foiled by English conservatives or Ulster Orangemen… | 几个世纪以来的家族规则 被保守党或阿尔斯特橘人毁掉 |
[33:51] | …immortal martyrs, secret tribunals leading to public hangings… | 不道德的殉难、秘密审判 公开执行绞刑 |
[33:56] | …followed by war, followed by… | 紧接是战争、紧接着 |
[34:00] | …followed by, followed by… . | 紧接着 |
[34:03] | Wouldn’t you say we were doing you a favor? | 你不觉得我们在 帮你们一个大忙吗? |
[34:05] | By intervening? | 干涉内政? |
[34:06] | That’s the act of a friend. | 干涉内政? 那是朋友的作为 |
[34:10] | What is left to do but talk? | 除了说话你们还能做什么? |
[34:13] | What could be better for that wounded place than sitting down and talking? | 对于历史的伤口 除了坐下聊天还有什么可做的? |
[34:17] | – Not to talk to Brendan McGann. – We can’t choose who. | -别跟布兰登麦肯谈 -我们不能选择 |
[34:19] | – Of course you can’t. – Then, what can we do but talk to him? | -你们当然不能 -除了说话我们还能做什么? |
[34:23] | Nothing. | 没事可做 |
[34:24] | You must talk to him. | 没事可做 你必须跟他谈 |
[34:28] | What? | 什么? |
[34:30] | Toby, despite appearances, I do have lucid moments. | 什么? 托比,撇开我外表不谈 我也有头脑清楚的时候 |
[34:33] | And I know that England is running out of turns in this particular… . | 我知道英国的光辉 已经快要用光了 |
[34:42] | But as ambassador for Her Majesty’s government, I must tell you that… | 但做为女皇政府的大使 我必须告诉你 |
[34:47] | Brendan McGann cannot come to the White House. | 布兰登麦肯不能来白宫 |
[34:50] | Yes. | 对 |
[34:54] | Understood, Mr. Ambassador. | 了解,大使先生 |
[35:01] | Excellent. | 非常好 |
[35:21] | – F.D.R. smoked. – Yeah. | -富兰克林罗斯福也抽烟 -对 |
[35:23] | In the White House, Campobello, everywhere. | 在白宫、书房 到处都抽 |
[35:26] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:28] | – He got re-elected six or seven times. – Is there no doctor you can see…? | -他还连任了6、7次 -你没有医生可以? |
[35:32] | Next time the Bartlets invite me to a party… | 下一次当巴特勒邀我到白宫 |
[35:34] | …remind me to bring five assistants and a loaded gun. | 提醒我带五名助理 跟一把上膛的枪 |
[35:37] | You got my note. | 你拿到我的纸条了 |
[35:39] | All infrastructure projects earmarked for Illinois will be anonymously blocked? | 伊利诺州所有的建设计划 都会被匿名否决? |
[35:43] | Let’s play our game. | 我们来玩游戏吧 |
[35:45] | – Don’t make me mad. – Don’t make me laugh. | -别惹我 -别惹我发笑 |
[35:47] | I couldn’t figure out this on-the-record, off-the-record crap until Dr. Millgate… | 我搞不懂这些纪录上、纪录外的废话 直到米盖特博士 |
[35:51] | – This is Dr. Millgate, by the way. – Churchill smoked. | -对了,这位是米盖特博士 -邱吉尔也抽烟 |
[35:55] | Until he told me it’ll be built in Illinois. So you have to be for it on-the-record. | 直到他告诉我计划在伊利诺州 所以你们必须放在纪录上 |
[35:59] | Off-the-record, it crowds out all the pork… | 如果是纪录外 所有的肥油 |
[36:02] | …like the Senator Enlow Off-Ramp, Rest Stop, Hotel and Casino. | 例如参议员恩洛的交流道 休息站、旅馆跟赌场 |
[36:06] | Don’t send me notes anymore. | 别再给我任何纸条 |
[36:12] | Sam, screw the Froot Loops. | 山姆,别管早餐麦片了 |
[36:14] | Senator! | 参议员! |
[36:23] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[36:25] | I apologize for my tactics and my behavior. | 我为我的策略与行为道歉 |
[36:28] | – Okay. | – Okay. -好吧 -好吧 |
[36:32] | Please don’t let that jeopardize, you know… . | 但别让这件事危害到 你知道的 |
[36:35] | The subcommittee should have hearings and learned testimony. | 附属委员会会参加公听会 并审视证词 |
[36:38] | I’m a Democrat, Sam. | 我是个民主党员,山姆 |
[36:40] | How’s a $20 billion astronomy lecture gonna help elect the president? | 2百亿美元的天文学演说 如何帮总统选上? |
[36:43] | It won’t.”We’ve discovered a seamless framework for the universe”… | 不能,但“我们发现了 宇宙巧妙的结构” |
[36:47] | …isn’t a good 30-second spot. | 并不是个30秒的巧合 |
[36:49] | If we could only say what benefit this has. No one’s been able to. | 要是我们能找出用处就好了 但没有人知道 |
[36:52] | That’s because great achievement has no road map. | 那是因为伟大的成就 是没有路线图的 |
[36:55] | The x-ray’s pretty good, and so is penicillin. | X光很好,盘尼西林也不错 |
[36:58] | And neither were discovered with a practical objective in mind. | 但科学家发现它们时 心中根本没有实际目的 |
[37:02] | I mean, when the electron was discovered in 1897, it was useless. | 当电子在1897年被发现时 它根本没用 |
[37:06] | And now we have an entire world run by electronics. | 而现在我们整个世界 都是由电子运作 |
[37:09] | Haydn and Mozart never studied the classics. | 海顿跟莫札特从未学过古典乐 |
[37:12] | They couldn’t. They invented them. | 因为古典乐是他们发明的 |
[37:14] | Discovery. | 发现 |
[37:17] | – What? – That’s the thing that you were… | -什么? -那是你 |
[37:20] | Discovery is what… That’s what this is used for. | “发现”就是 那就是这个计划的目的 |
[37:25] | It’s for discovery. | 就是“发现” |
[37:27] | Even if this thing passed the Senate, it’s dead in the House. | 就算参议院通过这计划 它也过不了众议院 |
[37:30] | Just as long as democracy’s not dead in the Senate. | 只要别让民主死在参议院 |
[37:34] | I’ll withdraw my anonymous hold. | 我会撤回我的匿名否决 |
[37:36] | – Because you’re scared of my threat? – Yes. | -因为你怕我的威胁? -对 |
[37:38] | – Good. – You think I was a hurdle… | -很好 -你认为我是个障碍 |
[37:41] | …good luck with the Appropriations Committee. | 祝你们跟拨款委员会 相处愉快 |
[37:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:49] | – See, that wasn’t so hard. – I’ve gotta get back to the party. | -看吧,其实不难 -我得回宴会了 |
[37:52] | I’ve gotta get on a train. | 我得去赶火车了 |
[37:54] | – We can get you a room for the night. – No. | -我们可以帮你订个房间 -不用了 |
[37:57] | God, Dalton, isn’t there anything…? Sloan-Kettering or…? | 达顿,难道没有? 纽约癌症防治中心? |
[38:03] | All right. | 好吧 |
[38:06] | Thanks, Sam. | 谢谢,山姆 |
[38:10] | Now you think I’d make a good physicist? | 你现在认为 我是个好物理学家了吧? |
[38:14] | No, but you’re not bad for government help. | 不,但是你是个不错的政府官员 |
[38:36] | – Mrs. Bartlet? – Yes. | -巴特勒夫人? -是的 |
[38:38] | Excuse me, but I’m so sorry about the way I spoke before. | 抱歉 但我为我的言行感到抱歉 |
[38:42] | Oh, don’t be. You were good. | 别这样,你说得很好 |
[38:45] | – I’ve got a surprise for you coming up. – Really? | -我有个惊喜给你 -真的? |
[38:47] | – Excuse me. – Yes. | -抱歉 -什么 |
[38:49] | Donna… | 唐娜 |
[38:51] | – Actually, first of all, Amy. – Yes? | -等等,首先,艾咪 -什么? |
[38:56] | I understand, and I forgive you. | 我了解,而且我原谅你 |
[38:58] | – You forgive me? – I do. | -你原谅我? -真的 |
[39:00] | – What the hell kind of thing is that…? – Honey. | -搞什么鬼? -蜜糖 |
[39:03] | Thank you for forgiving me, Josh. I appreciate that. | 谢谢你原谅我,乔西 我很感激 |
[39:05] | – No problem. – Jackass. | -不客气 -混蛋 |
[39:07] | Donna, you’re an American again. | 唐娜,你又成为美国人了 |
[39:10] | INS has a grandfather clause. If you pass a three-part literacy test… | 移民局有个古老的条例 如果你通过文学测验 |
[39:14] | …an American history exam and fill out a one-page form, you’re back. | 美国历史考试,再填一张表格 你就能回来了 |
[39:18] | – My adopted country. – Wow, Josh. | -认养我的国家 -乔西 |
[39:20] | – I wish you’d mentioned this before. – Why? | -你早点说就好了 -为什么? |
[39:32] | – Wow. – You were very good in there, Donna. | -喔 -你真的说得很好,唐娜 |
[39:35] | What the hell is going on? | 搞什么鬼? |
[39:37] | I was gone for 45 minutes. They were all Americans when I left. | 我才离开45分 我走时大家都还是美国人 |
[39:42] | I know exactly how you feel, Mr. President. | 我完全了解你的感受 总统先生 |
[39:50] | I called Nolan. I know I shouldn’t have… | 我致电给诺兰 我知道我不该 |
[39:53] | …but the rules are different when it comes to family. | 但一旦涉及我的家人 游戏规则就不一样了 |
[39:56] | There isn’t a man who doesn’t understand that. | 所有人都知道这件事 |
[39:58] | I also think partiality isn’t a vice in this case. | 我也认为在这种情况下 偏心并非不道德 |
[40:01] | He knows you, and that’s a good thing. | 他认识你 那是件好事 |
[40:03] | He’s gonna consider not recusing himself. | 他会考虑不回避公听会 |
[40:07] | I’m gonna voluntarily forfeit my license… | 在我们住在白宫的期间 |
[40:09] | …for the duration of our stay in the White House. | 我会自愿放弃执照 |
[40:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:38] | I’m gonna do a toast in a minute, and I’ll tell the ditch story. | 再过几分钟我会致词 我会说沟渠工的故事 |
[40:41] | But I wanted to say that I love you very much. | 但实际上我想说的是 我非常爱你 |
[40:48] | – I love you too, Jethro. – Don’t call me that. | -我也爱你,杰泰罗 -别那样叫我 |
[40:51] | I think I will. | 我想我会 |
[40:53] | Abigail! | 艾碧盖儿! |
[40:56] | – Lord John. – Abigail, may I grasp your breasts? | -约翰领主 -艾碧盖儿,我可以抓你胸部吗? |
[40:59] | I’m standing right here. | 我还站在这里 |
[41:01] | – You may kiss my cheek. – Excellent. | -你可以吻我的颊 -非常好 |
[41:03] | – Abbey. – Oh, Gerald. | -艾碧 -杰瑞德 |
[41:07] | I haven’t had a chance to say happy birthday. | 我还没机会说生日快乐 |
[41:11] | Happy birthday, Abbey. | 生日快乐,艾碧 |
[41:13] | Happy birthday, Abbey. | 生日快乐,艾碧 |