时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Tell me what the problem is, Toby. | 告诉我们问题是什么,托比 |
[00:09] | I’m Sam, sir. I’m the deputy communications director. | 我是山姆,长官 我是通讯主任 |
[00:12] | I’m Leo McGarry, White House chief of staff. | 我是里奥马加瑞 白宫幕僚长 |
[00:15] | – I’m personal aide to the president. – I’m a speechwriter. | -我是总统的个人助理 -我是讲稿撰写者 |
[00:17] | I’m the deputy chief of staff. | 我是代理幕僚长 |
[00:19] | Which, I guess, makes me deputy deputy chief of staff. | 那我就是代理幕僚长的代理 |
[00:22] | I’m the press secretary. It’s an unavoidable conflict of interest. | 我是媒体发言人 这是不可避免的利益纷争 |
[00:26] | I’m Josiah Bartlet. I’m president of the U.S. | 我是约书亚巴特勒,美国总统 剧名:内忧与外患 (星期一) (利雅德,沙乌地阿拉伯) |
[00:55] | Whoever’s on the printer, get off. Now. | 不管是谁在用印表机 现在给我滚蛋 |
[00:58] | – That’s me. – Get off! | -是我 -滚蛋! |
[01:01] | You wanna make it clear we’re pushing for Slovenia… | 你要不要干脆说 我们一再要求斯洛维尼亚 |
[01:04] | …and possibly the Baltic states: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania. | 还有波罗的海三小国 爱沙尼亚、拉脱维亚跟立陶宛 |
[01:07] | – We’re gonna leave Fredonia out? – Point is, the zero option’s off the table. | -我们要放过佛多尼亚? -重点是,无核武建议是不可能的 |
[01:12] | Can we please? | 拜托一下好吗? |
[01:13] | Aren’t we pretty much admitting the countries we formed NATO to fight? | 我们不是几乎承认 参加北约组织的国家可以打仗? |
[01:17] | – Yes. – Then why not dissolve it? | -对 -那为何要解除协议? |
[01:18] | – We like the bomber jackets. – When you joke… | -我们喜欢风衣大外套 -当你开玩笑时 |
[01:21] | – My jokes are funny. – Fredonia was good. | -我的玩笑很好笑 -佛多尼亚没问题 |
[01:23] | – Heard it. – Give you $500 if you do… | -听到了 -如果你在足球场唱 |
[01:25] | …”Lydia the Tattooed Lady” at the Gridiron. | “刺青女孩利蒂雅” 就得给我五百块 |
[01:27] | Can we talk about sugar subsidies? | 我们可以谈代糖的事了吗? |
[01:29] | We’re not done talking about summit. | 我们高峰会议的事还没谈完 |
[01:31] | – It’s a two-day grip and grin. – You of all people. | -那只是两天的握手跟微笑 -你最不该这么说 |
[01:33] | The Russians finally elect a reformer and you still… | 俄国好不容易选出一个改革者 你还 |
[01:36] | 20 years in the KGB? An election that would make Tammany Hall… | 在苏联秘密警察待了二十年的人? 一场选举就能让坦慕尼协会 |
[01:40] | …Iook like the League of Women Voters? I’m not sure that qualifies as a… . | 变成女性选民联盟? 我不确定那样就能 |
[01:44] | – C.J.? – There was a fire… | -茜洁? -在麦地那的 |
[01:47] | …at the King Fatah Middle School in Medina. | 法他国王中学发生火灾 |
[01:49] | Seventeen girls died in the fire when they were prevented from coming out… | 十七个女学生死于火灾 因为她们不被允许逃出 |
[01:53] | …and rescue workers were prevented from saving them. | 就难人员也不被允许 救她们出来 |
[01:57] | – What was preventing them? – The muttawa. | -为什么? -宗教警察 |
[01:59] | The girls weren’t dressed properly. | 这些女学生穿着不恰当 |
[02:03] | Don’t comment. | 不准批评 |
[02:04] | I haven’t spoken to the president, to Leo, to State, to anybody. | 我还没跟总统 里奥、国务院还有任何人谈过 |
[02:08] | You wanna muzzle me before I go in there? Speak now or hold your peace. | 想在我简报前让我闭嘴吗? 现在就说不然永远保持沉默 |
[02:12] | God knows it’s not likely I’m gonna. | 天知道我一定得说 |
[02:16] | Let’s get a good spot. | 去找个好位置 |
[02:33] | – Good morning. | – Good morning. -早安 -早安 |
[02:35] | I have some schedule details on the summit. | 我有一些高峰会议的详细时间表 |
[02:37] | Air Force One will depart Andrews at 7 p.m. Friday… | 《空军一号》会在周五晚间七点 离开安德鲁基地 |
[02:40] | …arriving in Helsinki 4 a.m. Eastern time. That’s 11 a.m. Saturday, local. | 于东部时间凌晨四点抵达赫尔辛基 也就是本地时间周六上午十一点 |
[02:46] | Presidents Bartlet and Chigorin will have their meeting at 3:00 at Mantyniemi. | 巴特勒与齐格林总统 将在三点于缅帝纳美会面 |
[02:50] | That’s a change. Photo op, stills only, at the beginning of the meeting. | 交换意见,照往常一样 只准在会议开始时拍照 |
[02:53] | – C.J.? – What are the president’s goals… | -茜洁? -总统对高峰会议的 |
[02:56] | …of the summit? – First, to meet the new Russian president. | -期许是什么? -第一,与新俄国总统见面 |
[02:59] | But they share the aspiration of building a secure and undivided Europe. | 他们也同意建立一个 安全而不分裂的欧洲 |
[03:03] | Are you aware of the fire that happened at King Fatah Middle School? | 你知道法他国王中学火灾的事吗? |
[03:06] | Yeah. That’s a tragedy. Chris. | 知道,那是场悲剧,克里斯 |
[03:08] | Saudi news says rescuers were prevented… | 沙乌地新闻说宗教警察不允许 |
[03:11] | …from getting to several female students by the religious police. | 救难人员救出一些女学生 |
[03:14] | – Yeah, I read that too. Steve? – Can the White House comment? | -我知道,史帝夫? -可以请白宫发表评论吗? |
[03:17] | I literally got this a minute and a half ago. | 实际上我一分半钟前才得知这件事 |
[03:20] | I haven’t spoken to the president or chief of staff, State… | 我还没跟总统、幕僚长、国务院 |
[03:23] | …or anyone in Communications. This is just me. | 或任何通讯部门的人谈过 只有我知道 |
[03:25] | – Well, do you have a comment? – I don’t. No. | -那你可以发表评论吗? -不能 |
[03:27] | I’m sorry, C.J., but you’re not outraged by this? | 我很抱歉,茜洁 但你不感到愤怒? |
[03:33] | Outraged? I’m barely surprised. | 愤怒?我根本不感到惊讶 |
[03:37] | This is a country where women aren’t allowed to drive a car. | 这个国家的女人不准开车 |
[03:40] | They can’t be in the company of any man other than a close relative. | 她们不能与任何男人一起工作 除了亲杯 |
[03:43] | Their dress code is so strict that it’d make a nun look like Malibu Barbie. | 她们的服装规律如此严格 尼姑跟她们比起来都算是泳装芭比 |
[03:48] | They beheaded 121 people last year for robbery, rape and drug trafficking. | 去年因抢劫、强暴与贩毒 被斩首的就有121人 |
[03:52] | They have no free press, no elected government, no political parties… | 他们没有新闻自由 没有选举权、没有政党 |
[03:56] | …and the royal family allows the religious police to travel in sixes… | 王室还准许宗教警察六人一组 |
[03:59] | …carrying nightsticks and they freely and publicly beat women. | 携带警棍 并且可以自由地公开打女人 |
[04:03] | But Brutus is an honorable man. | 但是布鲁特斯是个高贵的人 |
[04:05] | Seventeen girls died because they weren’t wearing the proper clothing. | 十七名女学生死亡 只因为她们穿着不恰当 |
[04:09] | Am I outraged? | 我愤怒吗? |
[04:11] | No, Steve. No, Chris. No, Mark. | 不,史帝夫、克里斯、马克 |
[04:14] | That is Saudi Arabia, our partners in peace. Bonnie, then Scott. | 那是沙乌地阿拉伯 我们和平的伙伴 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[05:05] | Sam, you know a guy named Farley who worked here before I did? | 山姆,你认不认识一个叫法利 在我之前在这里工作的家伙? |
[05:08] | – Where did he work? – For the president. | -在哪? -总统助理 |
[05:10] | – No. What’s his first name? – I don’t know. | -不知,他姓什么? -我不知道 |
[05:13] | A kid wrote to the president saying that when he was campaigning… | 有个小鬼写信给总统 说当他竞选时 |
[05:16] | …he met his assistant, Mr. Farley. | 他遇到他的助理法利先生 |
[05:18] | Probably one of the guys from early on. I didn’t know them. | 可能是先前工作的人 我不认识他们 |
[05:21] | It couldn’t have been that early. | 不可能那么早 |
[05:23] | The kid says they met at a budget speech in Pittsburgh. | 那小鬼说他们在 匹兹堡的预算演说上见面 |
[05:26] | – He means San Diego. – He says Pittsburgh. | -他是说圣地牙哥 -他说匹兹堡 |
[05:29] | We never did a budget speech in Pittsburgh. | 我们从未在匹兹堡做过预算演讲 |
[05:31] | – This is a little weird. – How many weird letters come a day? | -有点奇怪 -你们一天收到多少怪信? |
[05:34] | Couple thousand, but this one has the president’s private mail code on it. | 好几千封 但这封有总统的私人邮递区号 |
[05:38] | How many confused people does he befriend every day? | 他每天跟多少人交朋友? |
[05:41] | But he doesn’t give them the private mail code. | 但他不会给他们私人邮递区号 |
[05:43] | I don’t know. I’m on with the Russians. | 我不知道 我要去跟俄国人开会了 |
[05:49] | – Good morning, I’m Sam Seaborn. – Nickolai lvanovich. | -早安,我是山姆希朋 -尼可拉伊瓦诺维奇 |
[05:52] | – George Kowzlowski. – Thanks for coming by. | -乔治克洛斯基 -谢谢你们来访 |
[05:54] | This should be quick. | 应该很快就开完了 |
[05:57] | Let me say that President Bartlet looks forward to meeting President Chigorin… | 容我告知两位,巴特勒总统 非常期待跟齐格林总统见面 |
[06:02] | …and having a productive meeting. | 并希望能有场建设性的会议 |
[06:04] | Mr. Seaborn, we understood that the protocol arrangements… | 希朋先生,我们了解 协定安排 |
[06:07] | …had been finalized by the advance teams in Helsinki. | 制片:保罗瑞福 已经在赫尔辛基完成最后审查 |
[06:12] | That’s right, but there are points I’d like to revisit. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 没错 但有些要点我想再提出来 |
[06:15] | My thinking being I could relay my concerns to you at the embassy. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 我希望可以把我的顾虑 透过你们传达给大使馆 |
[06:18] | You could send them to Moscow and hopefully get an answer quickly… | 你们可以再传给莫斯科 我希望能尽速得到答覆 |
[06:21] | …because we’re coming down to it now. | 因为很快就要到了 |
[06:24] | I’m sorry, I… . | 我很抱歉,我 |
[06:25] | It’s coming up quickly. The summit. | 高峰会议很快就要到了 |
[06:27] | – It’s Saturday and this is Monday. – Oh, yes, yes. | -这周六,今天是周一 -是 |
[06:32] | We’ve agreed to a consecutive translation? | 我们同意采逐步口译吗? |
[06:34] | – Yes. – I’d like a simultaneous translation. | -对 -我希望改成同步口译 |
[06:37] | They prefer that the two leaders pause while their remarks are rendered. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 他们希望两位总统 在需要考虑时能够暂停 编剧:保罗瑞福,艾伦索金 |
[06:43] | Rendered into the particular language. | 导演:亚力克葛拉夫斯 考虑采用的字眼 |
[06:46] | President Bartlet has a rhythm to his speaking that’s best uninterrupted. | 巴特勒总统的演说有一定的�律 最好不要被打断 |
[06:50] | – That’s the reason I bring it up. – We’ll pass that over. | -所以我才提出来 -我们会跳过去 |
[06:53] | – I’m sorry,”pass it on”? – Yes. | -你是指“传过去”? -对 |
[06:56] | I’m sorry, it’s just that one is good and one is bad. | 我很抱歉,一个是好的意思 一个是不好的意思 |
[07:00] | We agreed on the Grand Salon in Finlandia Hall for the 6:00 meeting… | 我们同意6点会议 在芬兰蒂亚厅的大厅举行 |
[07:04] | …and I wanted to change that to the Hall of Flags. | 我希望能改到国旗厅 |
[07:07] | Hall of Flags. Didn’t we agree 3:00 for that meeting? | 国旗厅,可以把会议改到3点吗? |
[07:11] | – It’s funny you should mention that. – I’m sorry? | -你提到这件是真有趣 -什么? |
[07:14] | It’s funny… | 你提到 |
[07:16] | It’s a coincidence that you happened to mention the time of the meeting. | 你刚好提到会议时间这件事 是个巧合 |
[07:20] | See, President Chigorin only has to fly through one time zone. | 你看,齐格林总统 只要飞越一个时区 |
[07:24] | President Bartlet has to fly through seven. | 巴特勒总统却要飞越七个 |
[07:26] | Don’t get me wrong, this president can do three shows a night. | 别误会 我们总统一晚可以做三场秀 |
[07:29] | But there’s no one who has a worse reaction to jet lag than he does. | 但是他对时差的反应 是全世界最糟的 |
[07:34] | Any trip eight hours or longer, someone gets fired. | 要是让他飞超过八小时 就会有人被炒鱿鱼 |
[07:37] | – It’s already been me three times, so… – We’ll pass it on. | -我已经被炒了三次,所以 -我们会传过去 |
[07:40] | Everyone on the White House staff would agree that’s a deal breaker. | 任何一位白宫幕僚 都会同意这是必要条件 |
[07:44] | All right, then. | 好吧 |
[07:46] | – Was there anything else? – Yeah, we’re just getting started. | -还有别的事吗? -我们才刚开始 |
[07:49] | – You guys hungry? – No. | -你们饿了吗? -不 |
[07:53] | – You ready? – Yeah, where are we going? | -你准备好了吗? -我们要去哪? |
[07:55] | The yogurt place. Are those angry faxes? | 卖优格的地方 这些是愤怒的传真吗? |
[07:58] | They’re… Yeah. They’re very angry faxes. | 这些是 这些是非常愤怒的传真 |
[08:01] | – From Saudis? – Yeah. | -从沙乌地? -对 |
[08:03] | – What did you expect? – Very angry faxes from Saudis. | -不然你以为呢? -沙乌地传来的非常愤怒传真 |
[08:06] | And angry e-mails. Look at these. | 还有愤怒的电子邮件,你看 |
[08:13] | I’m seeing some troubling spelling here. “Godless” with two D’s? | 有些人不太会拼字 “无伸论者”应该是神吧? |
[08:16] | – Let’s go. – Hang on. | -走吧 -等等 |
[08:21] | – C.J.? – I saw it. | -茜洁? -我看到了 |
[08:24] | – It’s a death threat. – It’s not a big deal. | -这是死亡威胁 -没什么大不了的 |
[08:26] | – You sure? – Yeah. Don’t tell anybody, okay? | -你确定? -对,别告诉别人好吗? |
[08:28] | I don’t want a lot of production. | 我不想引起太大注意 |
[08:30] | – All right. – Thanks. | -好吧 -谢谢 |
[08:33] | Josh? Can you come in here… | 乔西?请你过来 |
[08:35] | …and look at this, please? – Donna. | -看一下这个好吗? -唐娜 |
[08:37] | – Look at what? – C.J. ‘s e-mail. | -看什么? -茜洁的电子邮件 |
[08:52] | Call Frank Tenney downstairs, I wanna talk to him right away. | 叫法兰克谭尼下来 我马上就要跟他谈 |
[08:55] | Yeah. | 好 |
[08:58] | – You take this seriously? – Yeah, it’s a death threat, C.J. | -你是认真的? -对,这是死亡威胁,茜洁 |
[09:01] | I take it seriously. | 我非常认真 |
[09:03] | I’ve had some experience with this. | 我有过一些经验 |
[09:09] | – Thank you all so much. – Thank you. | -非常谢谢 -谢谢 |
[09:12] | Bye-bye. Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[09:18] | – They wanna show us a picture. – Of what? | -有张照片要我们过目 -什么照片? |
[09:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:22] | We’ve got a problem. Jake Kimball came to see me this morning. | 有问题了,杰克金宝今早来找我 |
[09:26] | – What’s he doing here? – Looking 100 years old. | -他看来如何? -大概有一百岁 |
[09:28] | Anteras is gonna announce a chip recall on Thursday. | 安特拉公司即将在周四宣布 回收晶片 |
[09:32] | How big? | 范围多大? |
[09:34] | Everything. | 全部 |
[09:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[09:39] | – They discovered a problem… – That’s gotta be 50 million chips. | -他们发现问题 -那可是五千万晶片 |
[09:42] | Eighty million. | 八千万 |
[09:46] | – Leo, how the hell…? – I know. | -里奥,怎么会? -我知道 |
[09:48] | That’s the end of Anteras. | 安特拉公司完了 |
[09:51] | – Yeah. – 98,000 workers… | -是啊 -九万八千名员工 |
[09:53] | …I think 75,000 in the U.S. Plus the kidney punch at NASDAQ. | 有七万五千个在美国 还有那斯达克股市重挫 |
[09:58] | I think Jake’s gonna put a shotgun in his mouth, I really do. | 我想杰克可能要举枪自杀了 真的 |
[10:02] | Sir? | 长官? |
[10:03] | Yeah. | 怎样 |
[10:05] | – Mr. President. – Fitz! Fitz, you old polecat… | -总统先生 -费兹!费兹,你这老臭鼬 |
[10:08] | …you old so-and-so. | 可恶的老家伙 |
[10:10] | – You trying to be one of the fellas, sir? – Yeah. | -你在模仿老同胞吗,长官? -对 |
[10:12] | – Well, well done, sir. – Thank you. | -做得不错,长官 -谢谢 |
[10:14] | This picture was taken by an SR-71 during a routine flyover in the Gulf. | 这张照片是在SR71巡逻机 例行巡逻波湾时拍的 |
[10:18] | This is Bushehr. And this is what looks to me like the early days of construction… | 这是伊朗的布希赫 我认为这看起来像是轻水反应器 |
[10:23] | …on a light water reactor. Light water is ordinary water, tap water. It’s Perrier. | 的初期外貌 轻水就是一般水、水龙头的水 |
[10:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:30] | Light water is what’s used for nuclear reactors and the Iranians… | 轻水是用来冷却核子反应炉 伊朗人 |
[10:33] | …contracted the Russians to build them a light water reactor for that purpose. | 跟俄国人签约 建造轻水反应器以冷却核子反应炉 |
[10:38] | What’s the problem? | 问题何在? |
[10:40] | Four intelligence agencies tell me I’m wrong. And I am. | 有四个情报单位说我错了 而我的确错了 |
[10:44] | The Russians are building them a heavy water reactor. | 俄国人帮他们盖的是 重水反应器 |
[10:47] | What do you use heavy water for? | 重水用来冷却? |
[10:49] | Plutonium. | 钸 |
[11:05] | – Morning, Janice. – Morning, Mr. Ziegler. | -早安,珍妮丝 -早安,齐格先生 (星期二) |
[11:09] | – Call me Toby. – Okay. | -叫我托比就好 -好的 |
[11:13] | That’s a nice uniform. | 你的制服还不错 |
[11:17] | – How long have you guys had it? – About a thousand years. | -你们穿这件制服多久了? -大概有一千年了 |
[11:21] | – Okay. – Hey, Toby. | -好吧 -嗨,托比 |
[11:26] | Excuse me. I’ve gotta tell you something. You ready? | 不好意思,我有事得告诉你 你准备好了吗? |
[11:29] | – What? – I’ve got nothing to do. | -什么? -我没事好做 |
[11:32] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[11:34] | I got to the office at 6 and it turned out everything I had to do got done by 7:30. | 我本来六点要开会 结果该做的事在七点半就会完成 |
[11:38] | Some strange fluke of the calendar. So I’m just out here walking around. | 行事历偶然出错 所以我只能到处走动 |
[11:42] | – You know, just being in the world. – In the hallways. | -只是在这世界中走动 -在大厅走道 |
[11:45] | – Yeah. Well, you know. – I’m gonna change all that. | -你知道的 -我要改变这一切了 |
[11:48] | Meet with a Russian reporter named Ludmilla Koss. | 去见一个俄国记者 露蜜拉可丝 |
[11:51] | She’s the Washington correspondent for the Novaya Gazeta. | 她是那瓦雅卡谢达评论报 的华盛顿特派记者 |
[11:54] | She wants a seat on the press charter. | 她希望能在记者会占一席 |
[11:56] | – Why is she asking us? – The Russians banned her. | -为什么跟我们要求? -俄国人禁止她去 |
[11:58] | – Why? – She supported the other guy. | -为什么? -她支持另一个候选人 |
[12:01] | Time to teach these Stoli-drinking Tchaikovskies a thing or two… | 该是教教这些喝伏特加的 柴可夫斯基们一些事 |
[12:04] | …about free press, American-style. | 像是新闻自由、美国作风的时候了 |
[12:06] | You don’t ban those who supported your opponent… | 不能禁止支持对手的人 |
[12:09] | …you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory. | 如果把你的胜利藏起来 就等于掩护他们的失败 |
[12:12] | You sit them in the front row, you give them a hat. | 你必须让他们坐在最前排 给他们戴帽子 |
[12:15] | I will save Ludmilla Koss, for I am Toby… | 我会解救露蜜拉可丝 因为我是托比 |
[12:18] | …and in so doing… Why am I going on like this? | 而且这么作 我为什么变成这样? |
[12:20] | – I don’t know. – Set up the meeting. | -我不知道 -帮我安排见面 |
[12:23] | – Obviously I have a little time. – Thank you. | -我现在有时间了 -谢谢 |
[12:29] | Ron? | 朗? |
[12:31] | C.J., Frank Tenney spoke to me this morning. | 茜洁,今早法兰克谭尼跟我谈过 |
[12:33] | Yeah, Josh made me see him yesterday. | 乔西昨天要我见他 |
[12:36] | He filed everything he was supposed to file. | 他把所有该归档的东西都归档了 |
[12:39] | Can I see the message? | 我可以看那条讯息吗? |
[12:41] | It’s just… . You know, it’s what it is. | 那只是就是那回事 |
[12:46] | Could you type in your password? | 可以请你输入密码吗? |
[12:52] | – You checked your e-mail yet today? – I just got here. | -你今天看了邮件没? -我刚到 |
[12:58] | Okay, he sent another one at 5:20 this morning. | 好吧,他今天早上五点二十分 又寄了另一封 |
[13:02] | – Have you had cyber-threats before? – Not explicitly. | -你曾收过电子邮件威胁吗? -不算有 |
[13:05] | Agent Tenney says you don’t recognize the sender’s address. | 谭尼探员说你不认识 发信者的地址 |
[13:08] | No. | 对 |
[13:10] | Have you had a bad breakup with a boyfriend lately? | 你最近有跟男朋友分手吗? |
[13:13] | God, Ron, I haven’t had a boyfriend in… I get a lot of hate mail. | 天哪,朗,我自从 我是收到很多恨意邮件 |
[13:17] | After the president, I’m the single most visible person… | 仅次于总统 我是联邦政府中 |
[13:20] | …in the federal government. Every day I’m on TV… | 最明显的单一个人 我每天上电视 |
[13:23] | …and every day exactly half the people are gonna disagree with you. | 每天都有一半的人 会不同意你 |
[13:26] | Some will hate you. And some will write letters. | 有些人恨你,有些人写信 |
[13:29] | Yeah, this isn’t hate mail, this is a death threat. | 这不是恨意邮件 这是死亡威胁 |
[13:32] | Could I use your computer for a second? | 我可以借一下你的电脑吗? |
[13:35] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:51] | Okay. I’m gonna need to take your hard drive. | 好吧,我要带走你的硬碟 |
[13:54] | – Why? – I just used trace-route tools. | -为什么? -我刚使用追踪工具 |
[13:56] | The server and the IP address don’t match. | 伺服器跟IP位址不符合 |
[13:58] | The address is disguising the origin. | 位址无法显示来源 |
[14:00] | In my briefing yesterday I made remarks about a situation in Saudi Arabia. | 我昨天简报时 对阿拉伯的情形发表了一下评论 |
[14:04] | I may have gone too far, I was thinking of apologizing. | 我也许说得太过火了 我打算抱歉 |
[14:07] | Yeah, this doesn’t have anything to do with that. | 这件事跟那件事完全无关 |
[14:10] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[14:12] | Muslim extremists don’t get personal. They don’t know your name or care. | 回教极端份子不攻击个人 他们不知道你的名字也不在乎 |
[14:17] | They don’t want one person, they want hundreds. | 他们不杀一个人 只杀上百人 |
[14:19] | That’s why they don’t use bullets. | 所以他们才不用子弹 |
[14:21] | Killing one person is a waste of a bomb. | 只杀一个人 是浪费炸弹的行为 |
[14:24] | He wants you, why doesn’t he want me? | 他只想杀你 为什么不杀我? |
[14:26] | Someone will come get your hard drive. | 会有人来收你的硬碟 |
[14:28] | We’re intercepting all your e-mails from the address. Thank you. | 我们会开始监视 你所有邮件的位址,谢谢 |
[14:33] | The press conference can be moved to 9:00. | 记者会可以改到九点 |
[14:36] | – Thank you. – And… Excuse me. | -谢谢 -还有抱歉 |
[14:41] | Thank you. And the venue can be moved to Hall of Mirrors. | 谢谢,地点可以改到镜厅 |
[14:45] | – Flags. – Yes. | -国旗厅 -对 |
[14:47] | – But we need something from you. – Okay. | -但我们有条件 -好吧 |
[14:50] | On his arrival and during outdoor photograph opportunity… | 在他抵达跟户外拍媒体照片时 |
[14:54] | …President Bartlet must wear overcoat. – A coat? | -巴特勒总统必须穿着大衣 -大衣? |
[14:58] | He must wear coat. He must wear gloves. | 他必须穿大衣,必须戴手套 |
[15:00] | Scarves and earmuffs permissible, but optional. | 可以戴围巾跟耳罩 但是可自行决定 |
[15:03] | Hang on. Yes, because President Chigorin wants to wear a coat… | 等等,因为齐格林总统想穿大衣 |
[15:07] | …and doesn’t wanna look like a wimp. – It is freezing to cold in Reykjavik. | -不想看起来像懦夫 -雷克雅维克很冷 |
[15:11] | It is freezing to cold in Helsinki. | 赫尔辛基很冷 |
[15:12] | It is freezing to cold in Staad. Why must every American president… | 史塔很冷 为什么每一个美国总统 |
[15:16] | …bound out of an automobile like as at a yacht club, while in… | 被大礼车包着 就像帆船俱乐部,而 |
[15:20] | – Excuse me. Compare…? – Comparison. | -抱歉,向对? -相对来说 |
[15:21] | Compare. While in comparison our leader looks like… | 相对,相对来说 我们的领导人看起来 |
[15:24] | – I don’t even know what word is. – Frumpy? | -我根本不知道那是什么字 -邋遢? |
[15:28] | I don’t know what”frumpy” is, but onomatopoetically, sounds right. | 我不知道 “邋遢”这个字 以拟声学来说,应该没错 |
[15:31] | It’s hard not to like a guy who doesn’t know frumpy but knows onomatopoeia. | 你很难不去喜欢一个 知道拟声学却不知道邋遢的家伙 |
[15:36] | I’ll talk to the president about the coat. | 我会跟总统谈大衣的事 |
[15:38] | Final meeting is tomorrow on the last points and that’s it. | 明天是最后一次会议 一切都会决定好 |
[15:41] | – Thank you, sir. – Thank you. | -谢谢,长官 -谢谢 |
[15:43] | – What is onomatop…? – Sounds like. Sounds like. | -什么是拟声? -听起来像是 |
[15:49] | – Well, you were right. – About what? | -你说得对 -关于什么? |
[15:51] | He never made a speech in Pittsburgh. Kid’s 9, so he would’ve been 5 or 6. | 他没在匹兹堡做过演讲 那孩子已经九岁,当时大概五六岁 |
[15:55] | Maybe he thought everything was a budget speech. | 也许他以为所有演讲 都是预算演讲 |
[15:58] | – Or maybe it’s a crazy letter. – It’s not. | -也许那是疯人写的 -不是 |
[16:00] | – You sure? – I read a lot of letters. | -你确定? -我读很多信 |
[16:02] | I got one last year asking me to donate my brain to a medical school in Granada. | 我去年收到一封信 要我把脑捐格拉那达的学校 |
[16:06] | There are days when I think, “Yeah, why not just get it over with?” | 有时候我会想 “我为什么要在乎?” |
[16:10] | He took a picture with the president. The advance guys… | 他跟总统拍过照 先遣人员 |
[16:13] | …get the name and address, we send a copy. But there’s no record of this one. | 会把照片寄到他的地址去 但这封完全没有地址纪录 |
[16:17] | – Plus, his father’s in trouble. – Why? | -而且,他爸有麻烦了 -为什么? |
[16:19] | He works at the Franklin Mill’s furnaces. The kid said they may fire him… | 他在富兰克林磨坊锅炉工作 这孩子说他们可能会解雇他 |
[16:22] | …because he’s joining a union, a group called… | 因为他参加工会 这组织叫做 |
[16:25] | …the Steel Workers Organizing Committee. Ever heard of them? | 钢铁工人组织委员会 听过吗? |
[16:29] | Yeah, except they have a different name today. | 有,不过他们现在改名了 |
[16:31] | – What? – The AFL-CIO. | -叫什么? -劳工联盟及产业工会联合会 |
[16:33] | And furnace workers are all unionized. | 而且锅炉工人全都加入工会了 |
[16:36] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[16:41] | – Hey, Charlie. – Hey. | -查理 -嗨 |
[16:43] | – Ms. Koss? – Yes. | -可丝小姐? -我是 |
[16:45] | Toby Ziegler, come on in. | 我是托比齐格,请进 |
[16:50] | – You write for the Novaya Gazeta. – Yes. | -你帮那瓦雅卡谢达评论报写文章 -对 |
[16:54] | – Your circulation’s gotten huge. – Highest daily in Russia. | -你们的流通量很大 -俄国最大的日报 |
[16:58] | It’s hard to tell if it’s because of your reporting, your editorials… | 我很难判断这是因为 你们的报导、社论 |
[17:01] | …or the naked women on page three. | 还是第三版的裸照 |
[17:04] | We did not invent this thing. Nor did we invent the comic strips or Lotto. | 这不是我们发明的 四格漫画跟乐透也不是 没错,女士 |
[17:12] | So, what did you do to piss off President Chigorin? | 那么,你们做了什么事 让齐格林总统不爽? |
[17:14] | President Chigorin does not like criticism. | 齐格林总统不爱听评论 |
[17:17] | – Have you met someone who does? – That is not the point. | -有人爱听吗? -那不是重点 |
[17:20] | No, I’m just talking. | 不,我只是聊聊天 |
[17:28] | Listen, you’re already credentialed to cover our president. | 听着,你们已经有资格 报导我们的总统 |
[17:31] | It’s just putting you on the plane. Before I do that… | 我会让你上飞机 而在那之前 |
[17:34] | …I wanna check the State Department to make sure… | 我想跟国务院确认 |
[17:36] | …it’s not a grotesquely insulting thing to do to a new president… | 当美国有求于某位新总统时 |
[17:40] | …from whom the U.S. is hoping for quite a bit. | 做这种事不会太奇怪 |
[17:42] | So your First Amendment only extends as far as is polite? | 那你们的第一修正案 只能延伸到有礼貌的等级? |
[17:45] | No, it extends farther than that, but it only protects us. | 不,它延伸得更广 但只能保护我们 |
[17:50] | Believe me, if we were able to enforce U.S. law around the world… | 相信我,如果我们能 在全世界执行美国法律 |
[17:54] | …I’d retire and go scuba diving. – You like diving? | -我会我会马上辞职去玩潜水 -你喜欢潜水? |
[17:57] | I’ve never done it or anything else. But I’ve seen pictures. | 我什么也没做过 但我看过照片 |
[18:00] | It looks fun. I’ve seen pictures of people out there in the world… | 看起来很好玩 我看过他们潜水的样子 |
[18:04] | …and they all look like they’re glad they are. | 他们看起来好像 非常满足于自己的处境 |
[18:06] | Granted, someone’s usually trying to sell something in these pictures… | 不过有时候 那些只是促销产品的噱头 |
[18:10] | …but I’ll tell you what, I’m 44 years old and I’m buying. | 但是我告诉你 我已经44岁,我完全了解 |
[18:13] | I usually don’t talk this much, but I’m having an odd day. | 我通常不这么多话 但今天是奇怪的一天 |
[18:18] | Wanna stay and look at pictures of scuba divers? | 想不想留下来看潜水照片? |
[18:21] | – No, thank you. – Okay, then. We’ll talk tomorrow. | -不了,谢谢 -好吧,我们明天再谈 |
[18:23] | Thank you very much. | 非常谢谢 |
[18:29] | Thanks so much. Thank you. | 谢谢谢谢 |
[18:31] | Listen, before we go in there, let’s take a second to talk about Anteras. | 听着,在我们进去之前 我们先谈一下安特拉公司的事 |
[18:35] | – Yeah. – It’s not like we can’t help. | -好 -又不是说我们帮不了 |
[18:37] | – We can’t help. – I’m not saying Commerce or Treasury… | -我们帮不了 -我不是要财政部或经济部 |
[18:40] | …calls the banks, but an emergency loan guarantee, if we can get Congress to… | 打电话给银行 只是紧急贷款背书,如果能让国会 |
[18:44] | – Good morning, sir. – Good morning. | -早安,长官 -早安 |
[18:46] | Yeah, we can’t do it. | 我们帮不了 |
[18:47] | How did it go? | 事情进行得如何? |
[18:49] | They confronted the Russian atomic energy minister. | 他们跟俄国原子能源部长对质过了 |
[18:52] | – And? – He denies everything. | -然后呢? -他否认一切 |
[18:53] | – Good enough for me. – He doesn’t deny building a reactor. | -对我来说已经够了 -他没否认盖反应炉的事 |
[18:56] | They’ve had contracts with Iran since ’76 and he says that… | 他们跟伊朗自76年就订了合约 他说 |
[18:59] | …deuterium-based reactors have been up and running in Canada for years. | 加拿大的重氢基反应炉 已经盖好并使用了好几年 |
[19:03] | Yeah, well, Canada, Russia, roughly the same relationship with the U.S. | 是啊,加拿大、俄罗斯 他们跟美国的关系大不同 |
[19:06] | Fitz, you old horse thief, you old muckety-muck. | 费兹,你这老偷马贼 老滑头 |
[19:09] | Well, good morning again, sir. | 再次向您说早安,长官 |
[19:11] | Josh says the director of Minatom says it’s commercial power production. | 乔西说俄罗斯原能部 说那是商业用途发电厂 |
[19:14] | Yeah, except that there are no power lines to and from the site. | 是啊,除了电厂没有 任何电线进出 |
[19:18] | And there’s no reprocessing facility. | 也没有核料后处理设备 |
[19:20] | This one’s 50 megawatts thermal, which is identical to the reactor… | 一共有五十兆瓦的热能 跟巴基斯坦 |
[19:24] | …Pakistan’s got in Kushab. | 库夏巴的核能炉完全一样 |
[19:26] | This isn’t used to make the lights go, it’s used to make plutonium. | 那不是用来让电灯发亮 而是用来制造钸 |
[19:29] | Mr. President, I am not your national security advisor… | 总统先生 我不是你的国安顾问 |
[19:32] | …or your secretary of Defense or State… | 也不是国防部部长 |
[19:36] | …but the Russians are giving Iran the bomb. | 但是俄国人正在帮伊朗制造炸弹 |
[19:40] | Well… | 那 |
[19:42] | …that’s what was said by my national security advisor 20 minutes ago… | 那是我的国安顾问在二十分钟前 告诉我的事 |
[19:46] | …right after it was said by the secretaries of State and Defense. | 就在国防部部长告诉我之后 |
[19:49] | And for what it’s worth, the directors of the CIA, NSA, FBI… | 到目前为止 中情局、国安理事会、联邦调查局 |
[19:53] | …and Naval Intelligence agree. | 跟海军情报局都同意 |
[19:55] | Leo, isn’t Minatom in terrible shape? | 里奥,俄罗斯原能部是不是有麻烦了? |
[19:58] | They lost some customers after Chernobyl. | 他们从车诺比事件以来 就一直没有顾客 |
[20:00] | Yeah, that’s welcome to free markets the hard way. | 他们必须采用极端手段 打进自由市场 |
[20:03] | But my point is, their light water reactor contracts are behind schedule. | 但他们的轻水反应器合约 已经延宕很久了 |
[20:06] | – All kinds of technical failures. – Did the Iranians force them to build… | -都是技术失误 -伊朗人是否强迫他们 |
[20:10] | …a heavy water reactor? – To satisfy their contracts, maybe. | -建造重水反应器? -为了达成合约,也许 |
[20:14] | Crap. And even if that were the case, it doesn’t make them Jean Valjean. | 无稽之谈,如果是这样 他们又不是诚实的小偷 |
[20:19] | They want a power broker in the Middle East. | 他们想在中东有一个权力掮客 |
[20:22] | Just what the doctor ordered for the Middle East. | 就像医生会开给中东的药一样 |
[20:25] | All right, while avoiding the biggest diplomacy disaster… | 好吧 避免发生最大外交危机的同时 |
[20:29] | …since I don’t know when… | 我不知道何时开始 |
[20:30] | …Josh, Leo, you guys have to figure out a way to get me out of it. | 乔西、里奥 你们必须想办法不让我介入 |
[20:38] | Get him out of what? | 介入什么? |
[20:40] | He’s not going to Helsinki. | 他不去赫尔辛基了 (星期三) |
[20:53] | There’s something really good on television. | 一定有什么好电视节目 |
[20:56] | – What? – That’s why he can’t go. | -什么? -所以他才不去 |
[20:58] | Something good is on TV and he can’t work a VCR. | 电视正要播好节目 而他不会用预录功能 |
[21:01] | No, not that. They know he’s got a staff. They wouldn’t buy it. | 不是那样的 他有幕僚,他们会买录影机 |
[21:05] | – It’s that he doesn’t trust technology. – Josh. | -只是他不相信科技 -乔西 |
[21:08] | – This is insane. – News of the reactor’s gonna break. | -这真是疯了 -反应器的新闻一定会爆发的 |
[21:11] | You know it will, and it’s gonna break at the worst possible time. | 你知道那一定会发生 而且会在最糟的时机 |
[21:15] | In fact, my money’s on it breaking right next to the picture of him with Chigorin. | 事实上,我在股市的投资 会在他跟齐格林合照后一秒狂跌 |
[21:20] | While wearing a coat to protect his MS-riddled body… | 正当他穿着大衣 保护他多重硬化症的身躯 |
[21:23] | …from the fierce climate in Finland. – How can all of you guys… | -不受芬兰的暴风雪侵袭 -你们怎么可以这么确定 |
[21:26] | …be so sure it’s not Minatom and the other Cold War holdouts… | 是俄罗斯原能部 而不是其他冷战顽抗份子 |
[21:30] | …the ex-Soviets? – I don’t care who it is. | -前苏维埃搞的鬼? -我不管是谁干的 |
[21:32] | There are other issues. NATO expansion, the Caspian pipeline… | 还有其他问题 北约组织,里海油管 |
[21:36] | You don’t get to put a bomb in Iran! There are no other issues right now. | 你不可以在伊朗放炸弹! 现在不是管其他问题的时候 |
[21:40] | We’re gonna have to fly over there and blow this thing up… | 我们必须飞去那里 把那东西炸掉 |
[21:43] | …and given what they’re manufacturing there, I don’t know if that’s possible. | 或是他们盖的任何东西 如果可能的话 |
[21:56] | We were all so smart. | 我们都这么聪明 |
[22:00] | Russia’s hobbled, the next conflict’s gonna be in the Middle East. | 俄国不明就里 下一个纷争一定在中东 |
[22:08] | Turns out it is in the Middle East. | 结果的确在中东 |
[22:11] | With the Russians. | 跟俄国人打 |
[22:15] | You didn’t answer my question. | 你没回答我的问题 |
[22:18] | – What question? – Chigorin just took office… | -什么问题? -齐格林刚上任 |
[22:20] | …four months ago. | 才四个月 |
[22:23] | How can you be sure it’s not a rogue thing? | 你怎么能确定 那不是阴谋? |
[22:26] | I don’t want a leak, Josh. | 我不想风声走漏,乔西 |
[22:28] | – Everyone’s proceeding like we’re going? – Yes. How can you be sure? | -大家都照我们的方向前进? -对,你怎么能确定? |
[22:35] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[22:38] | Toby. | 托比 |
[22:40] | Thanks for coming down. | 谢谢你们过来 |
[22:43] | Is there still a summit to go to? | 还有高峰会议可去吗? |
[22:48] | – I’m sorry, what did you say? – Sorry, I asked because… | -你刚刚说什么? -抱歉,我问是因为 |
[22:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:54] | I wanted to talk to you because I’ve been asked… | 我想跟你谈 因为我刚被要求 |
[22:58] | …to put a reporter from the Novaya Gazeta on the press plane. | 安排一位来自 那瓦雅卡谢达评论报的记者上媒体飞机 |
[23:04] | That’s a mistake. | 那一定是弄错了 |
[23:06] | You understand I’m talking about… | 你知道我说的是 |
[23:10] | …a pencil and a pad of paper, from which no one has ever died. | 一张纸跟一只笔 没有人因该报死亡 |
[23:13] | There isn’t any publication in Russia more critical of the Chigorin government. | 除了他们 在俄国没有人敢批评齐格林政府 |
[23:18] | The editorial judgment aside, what’s the damage assessment? | 先不管社论的看法 灾害评估结果如何? |
[23:21] | The point of the summit is to build strong bilateral ties… | 高峰会议的要点是 建立稳固的双边关系 |
[23:24] | …with a new administration. So… | 与新政府合作,所以 |
[23:25] | – We make it clear it’s not personal. – How do we do that? | -我们必须说明这非关个人 -怎么做? |
[23:29] | I don’t know. What are the things they could do? | 我不知道 他们能做什么? |
[23:31] | We’ve got a half-dozen U.S. reporters in Moscow whose credentials are pending. | 我们在莫斯科有一堆美国记者 他们的记者证还没发下来 |
[23:35] | This is like if they credentialed the Enquirer to cover the summit. | 这就好像他们允许 八卦报纸采访高峰会议 |
[23:39] | If the Enquirer ever asked us, we’d credential them. | 如果八卦报纸要求我们 我们会允许 |
[23:42] | Making sure the Enquirer can write freely is the only way I can be sure… | 确保他们有报导自由 是我们唯一能做的事 |
[23:45] | …that The New York Times is writing whatever it wants. | 纽约时报能写他们想写的事 |
[23:48] | Well, you asked me what I thought, I’m 100 percent against it. | 如果你问我的想法 我百分之百反对 |
[23:54] | – Okay. – Thanks. | -好吧 -谢谢 |
[23:57] | Good morning, Mr. President. | 早安,总统先生 |
[23:58] | You’ll get Secret Service protection. But I can’t order it… | 你会受到密勤局保护 但除非你签这张纸 |
[24:02] | …unless you sign this piece of paper, so sign this piece of paper. | 否则我不能下令 所以快签吧 |
[24:06] | – Sir, can I ask why you feel…? – Because Ron says it is. | -长官,我请教您为什么? -因为朗认为有必要 |
[24:09] | And around here, we do whatever Ron says. | 而在这里 我们必须听从朗的指示 |
[24:12] | – Well, I think it might be an overreaction. – Good for you. | -我认为他反应过度了 -很好 |
[24:15] | With all your years of training and experience in sniffing out crime… | 你拥有多年嗅出犯罪气息 的训练跟经验 |
[24:18] | …your opinion carries a lot of weight with me. | 我非常重视你的意见 |
[24:21] | – I’ll appear fragile. – You kidding? | -这会使我看起来很脆弱 -你开玩笑? |
[24:23] | – Sir… – We’re talking about one bodyguard. | -长官 -只是一个保镖 |
[24:25] | I have 12. And that’s before I leave the house. | 我有十二个保镖 而且那只是我离开白宫前 |
[24:28] | You ever count how many guns come with me… | 你知道当我跟艾碧 去肯尼迪中心看戏时 |
[24:30] | …when Abbey and I take in a play at the Kennedy Center? | 有多少枪跟着我们吗? |
[24:33] | – Do I seem fragile to you? – No, sir. | -你觉得我看起来很脆弱吗? -不,长官 |
[24:35] | – Then… – You’re also not a woman in a man’s job. | -那么 -你也不是个做男人工作的女人 |
[24:38] | You’re required by law to be protected by the Treasury Department. | 你依财政部要求受到保护 |
[24:42] | You don’t have a choice. Frankly, sir, you and I both know you’ve… | 实际上你也没有选择余地 我们都知道 |
[24:45] | …scored points with the public and the press by shrugging off Secret Service… | 要是你能甩掉密勤局保护 偷跑到书店看书 |
[24:50] | …and going to a bookstore. – I don’t care. | -对提升公众形象很有帮助 -我不在乎 |
[24:52] | – Sir… – You’re part of my family. | -长官 -你也是我的家人 |
[24:54] | This thing is happening and I simply won’t permit it. Sign the piece of paper. | 事情正要发生,我不会坐视不管 快签这纸合约 |
[24:58] | – Look… – Let me tell you. The last time… | -听着 -我告诉你,上次 |
[25:00] | …a member of my staff got a death threat, they missed him and hit me! | 我幕僚有人收到死亡威胁时 他们没射中他却射中我! |
[25:04] | Ron, is there any evidence? | 朗,有证据吗? |
[25:07] | Any evidence at all that this guy…? Look, I work in the White House… | 有这家伙的任何证据? 听着,我在白宫工作 |
[25:11] | …everybody knows that, but is there any evidence to suggest that… . | 大家都知道 但是有任何证据支持 |
[25:42] | Where did you get these? | 你哪里拿到的? |
[25:44] | Today’s e-mail. | 今天的电子邮件 |
[25:48] | That’s me leaving my house on Monday. | 那是我周一离开房子时 |
[25:53] | This one’s at a restaurant where I had… | 那是当我跟侄女 |
[25:56] | …dinner with my niece. | 在餐厅吃饭时 |
[26:05] | This one’s from this morning. | 那是今天早上拍的 |
[26:07] | It was taken from about 20 feet away. | 距我只有二十尺 |
[26:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:31] | – Let’s go outside and talk. – Okay. | -我们去外面谈 -好吧 |
[26:33] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[26:39] | – Toby. – Yeah. | -托比 -怎样 |
[26:46] | – Good morning, sir. – What’s going on? | -早安,长官 -怎么了? |
[26:48] | I wanted to give you a heads up. The Journal‘s running an editorial… | 我想先给你个警告 邮报正要刊一篇社论 |
[26:52] | …with regard to broken promises and fiscal spending. | 关于政府失信与财政支出 |
[26:54] | Oh, man, the greatest campaign speech ever about money. | 老天 那是史上最棒的金融选战演说 |
[26:58] | FDR promises to tighten our belts. What’s he do when he gets here? | 罗斯福承诺要缩紧我们的腰带 而他当上总统后做了什么? |
[27:02] | Spends more than we knew could be spent. | 花更多应该花的钱 |
[27:04] | It’s because he discovered it’s better for long-term growth. | 那是因为他发现 这对长期成长有帮助 |
[27:07] | The Journal probably wrote an editorial about his broken promises too. | 邮报大概也写过关于他失信的社论 |
[27:10] | I can reference that speech, where did he give that? | 我可以引用那篇演讲 他在哪里发表的? |
[27:13] | – It was in the industrial Northeast. – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. | -在东北工业地带 -宾州匹兹堡 |
[27:17] | Charlie, FDR gave a budget speech in 1932 in Pittsburgh. | 查理,罗斯福在1932年 在匹兹堡发表演说 |
[27:20] | Can you get your hands on a copy? | 可以帮我拷贝一份吗? |
[27:24] | – I’m sorry, sir? – I said, FDR gave a budget speech… | -可以再说一次吗,长官? -我说,罗斯福发表过预算演讲 |
[27:26] | Yeah. | 好 |
[27:29] | – Yes, sir. – Okay. | -是,长官 -好吧 |
[27:34] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[27:41] | – Good morning. – How’s it going? | -早安 -事情如何? |
[27:43] | Is there a TV show you really, really like? | 你有没有非常喜欢的电视节目? |
[27:46] | – No. – Then don’t worry about it… | -没 -那就别管了 |
[27:48] | …let’s talk about something else. – What? | -我们来谈谈别的事 -什么事? |
[27:50] | Helping out Anteras. | 帮助安特拉公司 |
[27:55] | What do you want from my life? | 你到底想怎样? |
[27:57] | The government can’t be in the business of cosigning loans. | 政府不能连名签署企业贷款 |
[28:00] | It wouldn’t be handing them a bag of unmarked bills… | 又不是给他们一袋无记号钞票 |
[28:03] | …just backing the loans to cover the recall. | 只是支付撤销成本的贷款保证 |
[28:05] | – It’s a subsidy. – It’s a small one. | -那是补助金 -金额不大 |
[28:08] | – I’m an economist! – Sir, this was not a failure of business. | -我是经济学家! -长官,这不是倒闭 |
[28:11] | It was, I don’t know, it was a mistake… | 这是, 我不知道 这是失误 |
[28:13] | …it was human error. And Jake’s been completely forthright… | 这是人为失误 杰克一向都很直接 |
[28:17] | – The marketplace will take care of it. – The marketplace will kill Anteras. | -市场自会做出决定 -市场会扼杀安特拉公司 |
[28:20] | – That’s what’s supposed to happen. – This isn’t unprecedented. | -那本来就会发生 -但并非无法预测 |
[28:23] | – We helped out steel. – That industry was hurt by unfair trade. | -我们帮助过钢铁业 -因为受到不公平交易的打击 |
[28:27] | Anteras was hurt by their own carelessness. | 安特拉公司受到打击 是因为自己的疏失 |
[28:30] | A loan guarantee doesn’t cost the taxpayers a nickel. | 贷款保证不花纳税人一毛钱 |
[28:32] | Unless they go under. Either way, we’ve said,”We’re open for business.” | 除非他们付不出来 否则我们就会说“我们对企业开放” |
[28:36] | For a corporate icon that feeds into tech companies, computers, aerospace. | 以一个供应各公司、电脑、太空产业 的企业形象来说 |
[28:41] | The ripple effects. Workers losing jobs. | 涟漪效应 工人会失业 |
[28:44] | It’s a blue-chip stock that’s in every major… | 它们是绩优股 是各大股市 |
[28:46] | They were huge contributors! | 他们提供庞大的政治献金! |
[28:48] | How the hell am I supposed…? They were huge contributors! | 我到底要怎么说? 他们提供庞大的政治献金! |
[29:11] | Carelessness doesn’t have to exist for a mistake to be made. | 这种错误不见得一定是疏失 |
[29:15] | – What? – You said it was carelessness… | -什么? -你说这是疏失 |
[29:18] | …and I don’t believe carelessness has to exist for a mistake to be made. | 而我不相信这种错误 一定是人为疏失 |
[29:22] | Jake was a contributor and he’s never asked for a favor, not even now. | 杰克提供政治献金 而他从未要求过任何人情,现在也一样 |
[29:28] | He was a contributor because he knows us and we know him… | 他提供献金因为他认识我们 而我们认识他 |
[29:32] | …and we know if a mistake happened in design or production at Anteras… | 我们知道如果安特拉公司 在设计或生产上出了问题 |
[29:36] | …it wasn’t shoddy, it wasn’t on the cheap. | 那绝非因为制造劣质品 或便宜货 |
[29:39] | You know how many chips have acted up so far? One. | 你知道到目前为止有多少晶片被启用? 只有一颗 |
[29:42] | Dollars to doughnuts he could’ve gotten away with it. But… | 如果只是甜甜圈的洞 他还躲得过,但是 |
[29:46] | …he wanted to warn people they may have a problem before… . | 他想警告人们 晶片可能会发生问题 |
[29:51] | I don’t even know what happens when 80 million computers stop working right. | 我甚至不知道 八千万台电脑当机是什么情形 |
[29:55] | But tell me this isn’t exactly how we want American business to behave. | 但是请告诉我 这不会美国企业的未来 |
[30:01] | I know it doesn’t look good, he’s a friend of ours. | 我知道这不好看 他是我们的朋友之一 |
[30:05] | But there is a reason he’s a friend of ours. | 但他当我们朋友也是有原因的 |
[30:11] | They’re announcing end of business tomorrow? | 他们明天要宣布倒闭? |
[30:14] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[30:21] | I’m not saying anything, but grab people and put together some numbers. | 我什么也没说 但找一些人来,算一下数字 |
[30:25] | – Yes, sir. – I’m not saying anything. | -是,长官 -我什么也没说 |
[30:28] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[30:36] | The Baltic herring industry was subject of recent trade agreement… | 波罗的海鲱鱼业 受俄国与芬兰之间的 |
[30:40] | …between Russians and Finns. | 贸易协定牵管制 (星期四) |
[30:43] | However, we’ll take off menu. | 但是,我们必须从菜单上去掉 |
[30:45] | – Why? – We were asked to. | -为什么? -因为协定规定 |
[30:46] | Mrs. Bartlet likes shrimp. | 巴特勒夫人喜欢虾子 |
[30:48] | That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. | 那是我听过最荒谬的事 |
[30:50] | – Put whatever you want on the menu. – Very well. | -你们可以在菜单里放任何东西 -很好 |
[30:53] | And I’d like to request that the press pool… | 我还想要求一件事 允许媒体记者 |
[30:55] | …be allowed to photograph the Arctic Peoples’ exhibit. | 拍摄北极生活展览的照片 |
[30:58] | Also very well. | 很好 |
[31:00] | And that, my good friends, is that. | 那么,吾友们,会议到此 |
[31:03] | It was a pleasure doing business with you. | 跟你们做生意是我的荣幸 |
[31:05] | – We have one more. – Name it. | -我们还有一事相求 -说说看 |
[31:07] | On the issue of the language in the joint statement. | 是关于联合声明的遣词用句 |
[31:10] | Well, I can’t negotiate language in the statement. | 我不能更改声明的字眼 |
[31:13] | It’s just a suggestion. | 我只是建议 |
[31:14] | The language has been worked out by State and Commerce and Defense. | 所有用字都经过国务院 经济部跟国防部批准 |
[31:18] | – It’s way beyond… – Just hear suggestion, Sam. | -这实在是 -只是个建议,山姆 |
[31:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:27] | “Both President Chigorin and myself agree that we must enter 21 st century… | “齐格林跟我都同意 我们必须以伙伴与朋友的身分 |
[31:32] | …as partners and friends, not as adversaries. | 一起踏入21世纪 而非敌人 |
[31:35] | We must lead way in stemming tide of nuclear proliferation… | 我们必须领导世界 一同遏止核武扩展的狂澜 |
[31:39] | …and we must start with ourselves. | 而且必须从自身开始 |
[31:41] | For why should two nations still possess power… | 有什么理由让两个国家拥有 |
[31:43] | …to destroy each other 10 times over? Surely once is enough.” | 毁灭彼此的十倍火力呢? 显然一倍就已足够” |
[31:48] | – Whose idea was this? – Mine. | -谁的主意? -我的 |
[31:51] | Who wrote it? | 谁写的? |
[31:53] | I did. | 我 |
[31:57] | You will pass it up? | 你会传上去吧? |
[32:01] | – Yeah. – That’s good one, yes? | -当然 -写得不错吧? |
[32:04] | Yes. | 是 |
[32:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:08] | – Hello. | – Hello. -哈�� -哈�� |
[32:11] | Here are your credentials for the plane. | 这是你上飞机的证件 |
[32:15] | Here’s your plane ticket. Here are your credentials for the palace… | 这是你的机票 这是进皇宫的证件 |
[32:19] | …the Saturday press conference, the Arctic Peoples’ exhibit… | 周六的记者会、北极生活展 |
[32:23] | …the Sunday press conference and the Hall of Flags. | 周日记者会跟国旗厅 |
[32:26] | – Thank you very much. – By the way, I found out why Chigorin… | -谢谢 -对了,我发现齐格林 |
[32:31] | …and his people have such a problem with you. | 跟他的人为什么对你有意见了 |
[32:34] | – It’s because I don’t flatter them. – No, it’s because you stink. | -因为我不奉承他们 -不,因为是你三脚猫记者 |
[32:39] | – I beg your pardon? – You can beg all you want… | -请再说一次? -你可以要求任何事 |
[32:42] | …you’re not gonna get it. | 但你绝不会得到 |
[32:46] | Last month you alleged that the Chigorin government… | 上个月你坚称齐格林政府 |
[32:51] | …bombed several apartments, based on an unattributed source. | 炸毁好几栋公寓 根据匿名来源 |
[32:54] | It was refuted, you never retracted it. | 消息被证实错误 而你从未撤回 |
[32:56] | The government’s case was all over TV. | 政府拥有所有电视台 |
[32:59] | Last week you wrote a cover story about Chigorin’s mother-in-law… | 上周你报导齐格林的岳母 |
[33:02] | …moving near the Kremlin. You printed her home address, she had to relocate. | 搬到克里姆林附近 你刊出她的地址,她不得不搬家 |
[33:06] | Well, that’s her decision. | 那是她的决定 |
[33:08] | You reported the failing grades of the defense minister’s 12-year-old son. | 你还报导国防部长12岁儿子 考试不及格 |
[33:13] | Does that count as journalism? Does that do anything but bring ridicule… | 那也算新闻吗? 嘲笑一个 |
[33:17] | …on a defenseless kid? | 无抵抗能力的孩子? |
[33:19] | We’ve got people like you here. | 我们这里也有这种记者 |
[33:21] | On cable and on the Internet. | 第四台跟网路 |
[33:24] | And there’s no one anywhere on the ideological spectrum… | 任何一个有常识的正常人 |
[33:27] | …who doesn’t roll their eyes when their names are spoken out loud. | 看到自己的名字被刊出来 都会不敢相信自己的眼睛 |
[33:31] | We’ve always had free press here, we take it for granted. | 我们一直都有新闻自由 那是理所当然的自由 |
[33:35] | How can you treat it like this? | 但你们怎么可以这样对待它? |
[33:41] | You should give up your space and put another naked woman in there. | 你应该放弃自己的版面 放裸照上去就好 |
[33:45] | Anyway. | 随便你 |
[33:51] | There are your credentials. | 这是你的证件 |
[34:02] | The majority leader moves up HMO reform. | 执政党主席要推动 健康维护组织改革 |
[34:05] | – He’ll do that? – We’ve talked to him. | -他会那么做? -我们跟他谈过了 |
[34:07] | He’s moved up HMO reform, nothing we can do about it… | 他如果要推动健康维护组织改革 我们什么也不能做 |
[34:09] | …the welfare of your people comes first. | 因为人民福祉为优先考量 |
[34:11] | – He has a duma, he’ll understand. – Makes sense. | -他们也有国会,他会谅解 -有道理 |
[34:14] | We save face and send a strong message. | 我们不失颜面 还发出强力暗示 |
[34:17] | – Anybody? – Sounds great. | -有人有意见吗? -听来不错 |
[34:19] | Sounds good to me. | 我觉得不错 |
[34:20] | Can I use this to get out of weddings and stuff? | 我可以用这当借口 推掉必须出席的婚礼吗? |
[34:24] | Sam, the majority leader’s gonna move up HMO reform. | 山姆,执政党主席会 推动健康维护组织改革 |
[34:27] | My duma’s voting on it, what do you think? | 我的国会要表决通过 你认为呢? |
[34:29] | Sorry, sir. Would you hear what Sam has to say for a moment? | 抱歉,长官 可以让山姆说几句话吗? |
[34:33] | What? | 什么话? |
[34:37] | Listen, I’d like to tell you about something and if, when I’m done… | 听着,我要告诉各位某件事 当我说完时 |
[34:40] | …you think I sounded like an idiot, just know that I’ll be feeling like one as well. | 你可能会觉得我是白痴 而我自己也同意 |
[34:45] | Nickolai lvanovich, the senior member of the logistical negotiating team… | 尼可拉伊瓦诺维奇 是谈判小组的资深成员 |
[34:48] | …said he had language to add to the joint statement. He wrote it himself. | 说他要在联合声明上加一段话 他自己写的 |
[34:52] | – What’s he getting involved in that for? – Yeah. | -他怎么会扯进声明里? -是啊 |
[34:55] | And what he wanted added was: | 他想加的话是: |
[34:58] | “Together, in partnership, we must stem the tide of nuclear proliferation. | “我们应该以伙伴的身分 一同遏止核武扩展的狂澜 |
[35:02] | For why should our two nations still possess the power… | 有什么理由让两个国家拥有 |
[35:05] | …to destroy themselves 10 times over? Surely once is enough.” | 毁灭彼此的十倍火力呢? 显然一倍就已足够” |
[35:09] | Now, I have to tell you, sir, that both these negotiators… | 我现在必须告诉你,长官 这两位谈判人员 |
[35:13] | …had conversational English, but they didn’t have idioms. | 都有良好的英文能力 但他们不用俚语 |
[35:16] | – I promise you. -“Stem the tide” is an English idiom. | -我保证 -“遏止狂澜”是俚语 |
[35:20] | Yeah, and they don’t have “Surely once is enough” either. | 而且他们也不说 “显然一倍就以足够” |
[35:23] | Sir, Chigorin wrote that. | 长官,这是齐格林写的 |
[35:28] | I think he’s trying to send you a message, Mr. President. | 我想他试着要传达讯息给您 总统先生 |
[35:38] | – He is trying to send me a message. – That’s what he’s doing. | -他要传一个讯息给我 -他正这么做 |
[35:41] | We’ve been trying to get nonproliferation on the agenda. | 我们一直想把 遏止核武扩展放上台面 |
[35:44] | We’ve been trying to put those exact words in Chigorin’s mouth. | 我们一直想让齐格林说出这些话来 |
[35:47] | He’s got a Soviet defense establishment trying to do business. | 他的苏维埃国防机构 还有生意要做 |
[35:50] | Wait a second, hang on. | 等等 |
[35:52] | You’re telling me that foreign policy of this magnitude… | 你该不是要告诉我 这种重大等级的外交政策 |
[35:55] | …is conducted through Sam? And I’m still alive? | 已经开始由山姆主导? 而且我还活着? |
[35:59] | We’re pretty impressed ourselves. | 我们都非常惊讶 |
[36:01] | Why didn’t he just have somebody pick up the phone? | 他为什么不直接打电话就好? |
[36:03] | It’s the old diplomatic corps and he can’t trust them yet. | 他的外交人员是前任总统的 他还不能相信他们 |
[36:06] | Fitz? | 费兹? |
[36:12] | I think he’s going out on a limb. | 我猜他是透过亲信传达消息 |
[36:16] | I think you should meet him there. | 我认为你该跟他见面 |
[36:21] | Let’s go to Helsinki. But the reactor’s first thing on the agenda. | 我们去赫尔辛基吧 但是先谈反应炉的事 |
[36:26] | Anybody? | 还有意见吗? |
[36:28] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thanks, everyone. | -谢谢,总统先生 -谢谢各位 |
[36:31] | – Thanks, sir. – Thank you, sir. | -谢谢,长官 -谢谢,长官 |
[36:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:34] | – Thanks. – I’ve got Jake Kimball in my office, sir. | -谢谢 -杰克金宝在我办公室,长官 |
[36:37] | I’ll be right in. | 我马上进去 |
[36:39] | Sam? | 山姆? |
[36:41] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[36:43] | – Nice job. – Thank you. | -干得不错 -谢谢 |
[36:46] | Tell me again why I can’t wear whatever the hell I want. | 请告诉我 为什么我不能想穿啥就穿啥 |
[36:49] | Well, that’s not entirely true, sir, the earmuffs are optional. | 那不全然为真,长官 耳罩是选择性的 |
[36:53] | Okay. I probably won’t be wearing them. | 好吧 我大概不会戴 |
[36:56] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[37:00] | Whatever happened to Pong? It was great. | 电脑游戏发生什么事了? 本来很好玩啊 |
[37:02] | It was relaxing, it had that very satisfying sound. | 又令人放松 它发出的声音令人满足 |
[37:06] | – I don’t know, sir. – Yeah, me neither. Leo? | -我不知道, 长官 -我也不知道,里奥? |
[37:14] | No. | 不知 |
[37:16] | Leo wanted to see if we could guarantee a loan. | 里奥想知道 我们能不能提供贷款保证 |
[37:20] | I can’t ask you for that. | 我不能要求你那么做 |
[37:21] | I appreciate that and I can’t give it to you. But I can do one better. | 我很感激,我也给不了你 但我可以给更好的东西 |
[37:25] | – What? – We’ll stay his biggest customer. | -什么? -我们继续当最大顾客 |
[37:29] | When you announce your recall, say you’re keeping… | 当你宣布撤销时 说你会继续 |
[37:31] | …your government contracts. Leo will work with Congress. | 维持跟政府的合约 里奥会处理国会那边 |
[37:34] | That’s very generous. I appreciate your confidence. | 您非常慷慨 谢谢你对我们有信心 |
[37:37] | Talk to me about the 75,000 workers. | 事关七万五千名工人 |
[37:39] | I’ll have no salary for two years and my managers… | 我将两年不支薪 我的经理们 |
[37:42] | …will cut their salaries in half before we even consider laying anyone off. | 全都薪资减半 直到我们裁任何一个人 |
[37:47] | All right. Jakie, this is the White House. | 好吧 杰克,这就是白宫 |
[37:50] | If we only screw up twice before breakfast, it was a very good morning. | 如果我们在早餐前只搞砸两次 这次算很早了 |
[37:54] | – Yes, sir. – One more thing. | -是,长官 -还有一件事 |
[37:55] | You can’t make any more campaign contributions to me or any Democrat. | 你不能捐钱 给我或任何民主党员 |
[37:59] | – You can vote, that’s it. – Yes, sir. | -你可以投票给我,就这样 -是,长官 |
[38:03] | I knew I’d get screwed by a computer one day. | 我记得我被电脑整过一次 |
[38:05] | I have an important photo op. Excuse me. | 我有个重要的新闻照片要拍 失陪了 |
[38:21] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[38:27] | – Mr. Tatum? – I’m Dr. Tatum. | -谭顿先生? -我是谭顿博士 |
[38:30] | I’m the one you talked to on the phone. This is my father. | 我们在电话上谈过 这是我父亲 |
[38:33] | I’m Charlie Young. I’m personal aide to the president. | 我是查理杨 我是总统的个人助理 |
[38:36] | – Yes. – You didn’t tell him anything, right? | -是 -你还没告诉他对吧? |
[38:39] | – He thinks we’re on Candid Camera. – Or that this is a ruse of some kind. | -他以为我们在偷拍他 -或者是某种策略 |
[38:43] | – What the hell…? – It’s not. It’s not a ruse. | -搞什么? -这不是偷拍,也不是策略 |
[38:46] | When you were 9, you wrote this letter to Franklin Roosevelt. | 当你九岁时 你写了封信给富兰克林罗斯福 |
[38:50] | You met him when he was governor of New York and a candidate for president. | 你在他当纽约州长跟总统候选人时 曾见过他 |
[38:55] | Well, I’ll be damned. | 我完蛋了 |
[38:57] | You met his personal aide, Tom Farley. | 你见过他的个人助理 汤姆法利 |
[38:59] | That’s me. Mr. Tatum, by any chance… | 那是我 谭顿先生 |
[39:03] | …the apartment where you grew up in Pittsburgh, was it 2345 Northern… | 你在匹兹堡长大的地方 该不会是州立大街 |
[39:08] | – State Boulevard. – Yeah. | -西北2345号 -对 |
[39:11] | That’s the only residential building in Pittsburgh torn down recently. | 那是最近唯一 在匹兹堡被拆毁的住宅大厦 |
[39:14] | In fact, it was just two weeks ago. | 事实上,那是两周前 |
[39:16] | Somebody found your letter and put the right postage on it. | 有人发现你的信 还贴上正确的邮资 |
[39:21] | Well, would you look at what people do? | 看看这些人做了什么? |
[39:23] | None of it would’ve happened, except there’s a five-digit code… | 这些都不可能发生 要不是有这组 |
[39:27] | …that presidents give out to close friends. | 总统只给亲近好友的五码数字 |
[39:29] | And President Bartlet copied his from FDR. | 巴特勒总统沿用罗斯福总统的数字 |
[39:31] | – For the 100th time, it was an homage. – Yes, sir. | -我再说第一百遍,那是封忠诚的信 -是,长官 |
[39:34] | – Alan Tatum? – Yes, sir. | -亚伦谭顿? -是,长官 |
[39:36] | – The White House owes you one picture. – Oh, my. | -白宫欠你一张照片 -我的天 |
[39:40] | – Let’s go, Dad. – Mr. President, this is my son, Ted. | -走吧,爸 -总统先生,这是我儿子泰德 |
[39:43] | – Good to meet you. – He’s a doctor. | -很高兴见到你 -他是个博士 |
[39:46] | – Dad. – Oh, God, I’m sorry. I’m married to one. | -爸 -老天,我很抱歉,我老婆也是 |
[39:48] | Oh, no, you meant that as a good thing. Let’s go. | 喔不,那是件好事 走吧 |
[39:53] | FDR was a fine president, don’t get me wrong. | 罗斯福是个好总统 别误会我 |
[39:55] | But if you want something done right, damn it, call New Hampshire. | 但如果你想把事情做对 可恶,打电话给新罕布夏州长 |
[40:02] | Come in, please. | 请进 |
[40:11] | Are you retired, Mr. Tatum? | 你退休了吗,谭顿先生? |
[40:13] | Yes, sir. 53 years on the Spirit of St. Louis. | 是,长官 在《圣路易精神号》上待了53年 |
[40:17] | – New York to St. Louis. – Your grandfather was a furnace worker. | -从纽约到《圣路易号》 -你祖父是个锅炉工人 |
[40:20] | Your father was on the railroads. You couldn’t find honest work? | 你父亲是铁路工人 你就不能找点正直的工作? |
[40:25] | I’d like my picture taken with that young man, if you don’t mind. | 我想跟这位年轻人拍张照片 如果您不介意 |
[40:28] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[40:39] | – Thank you. | – Thank you. -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[40:41] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[40:43] | Well, thank you very much, sir. | 非常谢谢您, 长官 |
[40:45] | This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for both of us. | 这对我们来说 是一生难得一次的经验 |
[40:48] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[40:50] | – You got pictures, what do I get? – I don’t know what… | -你拿到照片,我有什么? -我不知道 |
[40:52] | You were there at his speech. You gotta tell me everything. | 他演讲时你也在那儿 你得告诉我一切 |
[40:55] | Sit, we’re gonna get some food. You sit quietly over there… | 坐下,我们先吃点东西 你静静地坐在那儿 |
[40:59] | …and try to resist the temptation to bill me for something. | 试着抵抗想付我钱的欲望 |
[41:25] | – Hello. – C.J. Cregg? | -哈�� -茜洁葛瑞? |
[41:27] | – Yeah. – Special Agent Simon Donovan. | -我是 -特别探员西蒙唐诺文 |
[41:29] | I’m with the Treasury Department. | 我是财政部派来的 |
[41:31] | What branch of the Treasury, Agent Donovan? | 财政部哪个单位 唐诺文探员? |
[41:34] | U.S. Secret Service. | 美国密勤局 |
[41:36] | I don’t like flashing it, gives some people the jumps. | 我不喜欢亮警徽 会让人吓一跳 |
[41:39] | But Agent Butterfield said you’re a reluctant… | 但是巴特菲德探员说 你不愿意 |
[41:42] | How does this work? | 怎么进行? |
[41:44] | – What is it you’d like to know? – From how far away can you do this? | -你想知道什么? -你保护我的最远距离是? |
[41:49] | – I respect a certain perimeter of privacy. – What does that mean? | -我会尊重你个人隐私 -那是什么意思? |
[41:53] | – I don’t need to see you naked. – Okay. | -我不会看到你裸体 -好吧 |
[41:55] | Though”better safe than sorry” is a bit of a motto for us over at Treasury. | 虽然“安全总比遗憾好” 是我们财政部的座右铭 |
[42:00] | I don’t know, you’re the boss. | 但你是我老板 |
[42:02] | I’ll be leading four agents, each working a third of a day, one day off a week. | 我会带领四位探员 轮三班,一周休息一天 |
[42:07] | We’ve set up a command post in your apartment building, set up surveillance. | 我们会在你家设指挥部 还有监视摄影机 |
[42:11] | You can put your car in a garage, you’ll be using ours. | 你可以把车停在车库 用我们的车 |
[42:14] | – You can’t come in the briefing room. – Crowded room, anyone can get in. | -你不能进简报室 -拥挤的室内,任何人都能进来 |
[42:18] | – You’re up at the podium. I’ll be there. – This what you mean by”I’m the boss”? | -你站在讲台上,我也会在那儿 -你还敢说“我是老板”? |
[42:22] | Yeah, I guess that’s more of an honorary thing. | 对,我想那只是一种尊称 |
[42:27] | This guy isn’t smalltime, Ms. Cregg. | 这家伙来头不小,葛瑞小姐 |
[42:30] | You’re being hunted. | 你被追杀 |
[42:33] | I can’t guarantee anything except to say if you’re dead, chances are I am too. | 我无法保证任何事 只能判断你的死亡,而我可能也会 |
[42:39] | I guess it’s gonna have to be the little things now. | 我想我们都必须接受事实 |
[42:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:43] | I’m gonna go check in with my command. | 我要去跟上司确认 |