时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | – Previously on The West Wing: – Seventeen schoolgirls… | -十七个女学生 |
[00:08] | …died because they weren’t wearing the proper clothing. Am I outraged? | 因为服装不整而死 我愤怒吗? |
[00:12] | That is Saudi Arabia, our partners in peace. | 那是沙乌地阿拉伯 我们和平的伙伴 |
[00:14] | C.J. Cregg? Special Agent Simon Donovan. | 茜洁葛瑞? 我是特别探员西蒙唐诺文 |
[00:17] | Treasury Department, U.S. Secret Service. | 财政部,美国密勤局 |
[00:19] | You don’t get to put a bomb in Iran! There are no other issues right now. | 没有人会在伊朗放炸弹! 现在不是谈其他问题的时候 |
[00:24] | How can you be sure it’s not a rogue thing? | 你怎么能确定这不是阴谋? |
[00:26] | From how far away can you do this? | 你保护我的最远距离是? |
[00:29] | – I respect a certain perimeter of privacy. – What does that mean? | -我会尊重你个人隐私 -什么意思? |
[00:33] | – I don’t need to see you naked. – Okay. | -我不用看到你裸体 -好吧 剧名:黑色礼服 |
[01:02] | – Welcome back. – We are back. | -欢迎回来 -我们回来了 |
[01:04] | – And it was a success. – It was. | -这次很成功 -没错 |
[01:06] | What’d you bring me? | 你带什么礼物给我? |
[01:07] | I brought you a collector’s plate of a moose. | 一盘精致的麋鹿肉 |
[01:10] | – I love moose. – I know how you do. | -我爱麋鹿肉 -我知道你喜欢 |
[01:12] | Bonnie, you get a hat with a moose on it. | 邦妮,你得到一顶有麋鹿的帽子 |
[01:15] | – You like a good hotel gift shop. – I do. | -你很喜欢旅馆礼品店 -没错 |
[01:17] | What do they eat in Helsinki? | 他们在赫尔辛基吃什么? |
[01:20] | – They eat moose. – You ate a moose? | -麋鹿肉 -你也吃了麋鹿肉? |
[01:22] | No, I don’t eat things where the cartoon character can talk… | 不,我不吃会说话的卡通动物 |
[01:25] | …and, you know, hatch a plan. – Yeah. | -而且,你知道,想计划 -是啊 |
[01:27] | I’m gonna go to bed. I just came back for mail and messages. | 我要回去睡觉了 我只是来看看邮件跟讯息 |
[01:30] | Yeah. Crane from UPI needs a call back tonight about Segal for Ways and Means. | 合众国际社的克兰 要你今晚打去谈政府监督委员会的事 |
[01:35] | Mrs. Bartlet wants you to go over her remarks to the IBEW. | 巴特勒夫人要你 跟电子工人国际兄弟会提出她的意见 |
[01:38] | The whip’s office called about one-minutes on the floor. | 党主席办公室打电话来 谈议程发言时间 |
[01:41] | – What’s this? – It’s marked”personal.” | -这是什么? -上面标明“个人” |
[01:43] | – You don’t know who sent it? – There’s no return address. | -你不知道是谁寄的? -没有发信人地址 |
[01:46] | – Is it porn? – I don’t know. | -是A片吗? -我不知道 |
[01:48] | I’m tired, but if it’s porn… I mean, really good porn… . | 我很累了,但如果这是A片 我是说,真的很棒的A片 |
[01:51] | If my innocent joking is making you uncomfortable… . | 如果我纯真的笑话 让你感到不舒服 |
[01:54] | No, I’m hoping it’s porn. | 不,我也希望那是A片 |
[01:56] | No! You understand? I’m driving myself home. | 不!你听懂了吗? 我要自己开回家 |
[01:59] | You wanna follow me in a chase car, that’s fine. | 你要开飞车追逐我 没关系 |
[02:02] | But you have been annoying me for six days. | 但是你已经烦我六天了 |
[02:04] | You annoyed me here, then you annoyed me in Finland. | 你在这里烦我 在芬兰也烦我 |
[02:07] | You’re quiet, you’re polite, and you’re there. You’re always there. | 你安静,又有礼貌 而且总是站在那儿 |
[02:11] | I can’t shake you. You followed me to Scandinavia and back. | 我甩不掉你 你跟着我到斯堪地那维亚又回来 |
[02:15] | – Well… – Not the”aw, shucks” answer. | -那么 -别给我美国乡间俚语的回答 |
[02:17] | “Well, that’s my job, ma’am.” And don’t call me”ma’am.” | “那是我的工作,女士” 还有别再叫我“女士” |
[02:20] | Don’t call me”Ms. Cregg.” This isn’t a Western. | 也别叫我“葛瑞小姐” 这里不是西部 |
[02:23] | I’m required to call you”ma’am” or “Ms. Cregg.” Rules and regulations. | 上面规定要我称呼你“女士”或 “葛瑞小姐” ,规定就是规定 |
[02:26] | Okay. Okay, Secret Agent Man, here’s my rules and regulations: | 好吧秘密探员先生 这是我的规定: |
[02:30] | I’m getting in my convertible, and I’m gonna feel the wind in my hair… | 我要进我的敞篷车 享受风吹进我头发的快感 |
[02:34] | …and anyplace else I want. You can look at my taillights. | 想去哪就去哪 你可以欣赏我的尾灯 |
[02:37] | – I’m not allowed to do that either. – See you at home. | -上面不允许我那么做 -家里见 |
[02:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:53] | There’s no way you’re letting me walk out the door… | 你不可能就这么让我走出去 |
[02:56] | …so, what is it we’re doing? | 那我们现在在做什么? |
[02:58] | – I’m sorry? – What’s your plan for me? | -什么? -你的计划是什么? |
[03:01] | – I don’t have a plan. – You’re gonna let me drive home? | -我没有计划 -你要让我开回家? |
[03:04] | No. | 不 |
[03:06] | I’ve got your spark plug. | 我拿了你的火星塞 |
[03:09] | – Is that what you meant? – You got my spark plug? | -你是这个意思吗? -你拿走我的火星塞? |
[03:12] | And the battery. Also the fuel pump, starter relay… | 还有电池、燃油帮浦 发动继电器 |
[03:15] | …timing belt, the ignition fuse… | 正时皮带、启动保险丝 |
[03:18] | …and, well, also the engine, I guess. – Did you leave me anything? | -我想还有引擎 -你有留什么给我吗? |
[03:22] | Wiper fluid. You can clean your windshield. | 雨刷液 你可以清洗挡风玻璃 |
[03:25] | – No, actually, you need the battery. – Yeah. | -不,实际上你需要电池 -对 |
[03:28] | C.J., listen. This just came in the mail. | 茜洁,听着 这个刚跟邮件一起送过来 |
[03:30] | – It’s an opposition spot. – What are you talking about? | -这是反对党广告 -你在说什么? |
[03:41] | Honor, morality, truth. Values we deserve in America ‘s house. | 荣耀、道德与真实 所有美国家庭应有的价值 |
[03:46] | Throwing mud to cover up his failure. | 他却用污泥来掩蔽失败 |
[03:48] | Refusing to sign a Clean Campaign Pledge… | 拒绝签署干净选战保证 |
[03:51] | … so he won ‘t have to defend his broken promises. | 以逃避为他的失信辩解 |
[03:53] | Jed Bartlet: What’s he hiding from us now? | 杰德巴特勒: 他到底有什么秘密? |
[03:57] | – Who sent you this? – That’s the thing. | -谁寄给你的? -这就是问题所在 |
[03:59] | – What? – I don’t know. | -什么? -我不知道 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[04:54] | – Good morning. – My man. | (星期一) -早安 -我的男人 |
[04:56] | – Yes. – You came back to me. | -没错 -你回到我身边了 |
[04:58] | – Just like I promised. – I missed you. | -没错 -你回到我身边了 -正如我所承诺 -我想念你 |
[05:00] | – When did you miss me the most? – The nights. | -你何时最想我? -夜晚 |
[05:02] | – Of course. – Did you bring me anything? | -当然 -你有带礼物给我吗? |
[05:04] | I did. | 有 |
[05:05] | – Where is it? – Should be in my office. | 有 -在哪? -应该在我办公室了 |
[05:08] | – Wow. – Open it. | -哇 -打开吧 |
[05:10] | I’m just happy it’s not moose. What is it? | 我真高兴不是麋鹿肉 这是什么? |
[05:14] | Moose. It’s sauna-smoked moose meat… | 麋鹿肉 这是烟�`麋鹿肉 |
[05:18] | …nicely packaged in a burnt-pine box. | 以精美的松木盒包装 |
[05:20] | The hinges are made from handwoven Lapland ribbons. | 这个绞链是由手工编织的 拉普兰缎带制成的 |
[05:23] | – I missed you so much. – Where am I supposed to be right now? | -我好想你 -我现在该去哪里? |
[05:26] | The basement, office C. | 地下室,第三办公室 |
[05:36] | Throwing mud to cover up his failure. | 以污泥掩蔽失败 |
[05:38] | Refusing to sign a Clean Campaign Pledge… | 拒绝签署干净选战保证 |
[05:40] | … so he won ‘t have to defend his broken promises. | 以逃避为他的失信辩解 |
[05:43] | Jed Bartlet: What’s he hiding from us now? | 杰德巴特勒: 他到底有什么秘密? |
[05:48] | No”paid for by” tagline. | 最后一句不是“赞助厂商” |
[05:50] | You’ve looked at it three times now, what are you thinking? | 你已经看了三遍了 有何看法? |
[05:53] | If I wanted to sink the Bartlet campaign, this is exactly the ad I’d run. | 如果我想在选战中整垮巴特勒 这就是我会使用的广告 |
[05:58] | – In May? – No. | -在五月? -不 |
[06:00] | But I would show it to the other side so they know not to hit me first. | 但我会先给反对阵营看 让他们知道先别打击我 |
[06:04] | – Every campaign has one. – We didn’t. | -每个选战阵营都有 -我们没有 |
[06:07] | – Yes, we did. | – Yes, we did. -我们有 -我们有 |
[06:09] | “Honor, truth, morality.” It’s an ad about MS. | “荣誉、真实、道德” 这是在打击多重硬化症的事 |
[06:16] | Do we make one and keep it in a drawer? | 我们要不要也做一份 然后放在抽屉? |
[06:18] | – I’ll take care of it. – Fine… | -我负责看守 -没关系 |
[06:20] | – Did you see this? – Last night. | -我负责看守 -没关系 -你看过了吗? -昨晚 |
[06:22] | – I’m gonna talk to the counsel’s office. – You think it goes to the FBI? | -你看过了吗? -昨晚 -我要跟顾问办公室谈 -你认为要请联邦调查局? |
[06:25] | If it was stolen, I don’t want Sam to end up like a girlfriend of an indicted senator. | 制片:保罗瑞福 如果这是偷来的,我不希望山姆 最后变成被起诉参议员的女友 |
[06:30] | – Do you believe it was stolen? – No. | -你们认为这是被偷的? -不 |
[06:32] | How can he be an accomplice then? | 他怎么会变成共犯? |
[06:35] | – You wanna find out? – No. | -你想找出原因吗? -不 |
[06:37] | – We shouldn’t go to the FBI yet. – Might be multi-jurisdictional. | -我们先别找联邦调查局 -可能牵涉到多重司法管辖权 |
[06:41] | – It probably crossed state… – I’m saying no law enforcement. | -可能是跨州 -我是说无关执法 |
[06:44] | It’s gonna seem like we’re trying to suck the FBI… | 否则会变成 我们利用联邦调查局 |
[06:47] | …into investigating Ritchie, and the FBI works for us. | 来调查李奇 而且联邦调查局为我们工作 |
[06:50] | – He’s got a point. – And we’re tainted. | -他说的有道理 -我们的名声就完了 |
[06:52] | – Just stick it in a drawer and forget it. – No. | -把它丢进抽屉然后忘掉 -不 |
[06:55] | What are you suggesting? | 你的建议是? |
[06:57] | – I sit down with Kevin Kahn. – No. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 -我跟凯文坎恩谈 -不 |
[07:00] | – No. – Bruno? | -不 -布鲁诺? |
[07:03] | – Sorry? – What do you think… | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 -什么? -你认为 |
[07:04] | …about I sit down with Kevin Kahn? | -什么? -你认为 我找凯文坎恩谈如何? |
[07:07] | – No. – Sam. | -不 -山姆 |
[07:09] | – He’s a friend of mine. – I don’t care if he did your bris. | -他是我朋友 -我不管是不是他帮你举行割礼 |
[07:12] | I don’t trust Kevin Kahn, and I don’t know what this is yet. | 我不信任凯文坎恩 而且我还不知道这是什么 |
[07:15] | What is the danger? | 有什么危险? |
[07:17] | Where is the danger in my sitting down with Kevin and saying: | 有什么危险? 我跟凯文坐下来谈: |
[07:20] | “Someone sent this to us. | “有人把这寄给我们 |
[07:22] | If it’s you, we’ve got our own in a drawer. | “有人把这寄给我们 如果是你,我们也有一支广告 放在抽屉里 |
[07:24] | If not, you’ve got a mole, and we want nothing to do with it.” | 如果不是你,那就是有人外流 我们什么也不想做” |
[07:27] | How do we lose? In court, in public, in the voting booth? | 制片:李维林威尔斯 我们怎么会输? 在法庭、在公开场合、在投票所? |
[07:31] | There are only two things here. | 现在只有两件事 |
[07:33] | Either somebody’s trying to hurt us, or somebody’s trying to help us. | 编剧:艾伦索金 不是有人要整我们 就是有人要帮助我们 |
[07:39] | Just so you know. | 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 只想让你知道 |
[07:44] | Would you talk to Leo? | 你会跟里奥谈吗? |
[07:47] | Yeah. | 会 |
[07:50] | – I have a meeting. – Apologize for the skyboxes. | -我要去开会 -我为豪华包厢的事道歉 |
[07:53] | – They weren’t that bad. – I was there. | -其实没那么糟 -我也在那儿 |
[07:57] | – How was Helsinki? – Good. Good. | -赫尔辛基如何? -很好 |
[08:01] | I accidentally ate a moose. | 我不小心吃了麋鹿肉 |
[08:07] | Let me look at this again, okay? | 让我再看一次好吗? |
[08:16] | – Morning. – Good morning. | -早 -早安 |
[08:18] | I’ve got an idea for a new kind of awards show. | 我有一个关于颁奖典礼的新主意 |
[08:21] | Tell your entertainment divisions about this. | 跟你们的娱乐部门说 |
[08:23] | At the moment the winner’s name is called… | 当宣布得奖人名字时 |
[08:26] | …the four nominees who didn’t win… | 其他没得奖的四个提名人 |
[08:29] | …drop through a trap door right under their seats. | 马上掉进座位底下的暗门 |
[08:32] | Am I crazy, or is that not good television? | 是我疯了,还是这不是个好电视节目? |
[08:34] | – Speaking of good television… – Yes, I’ve been asked by Bruno Gianelli… | -说到好电视节目 -布鲁诺贾纳利要我 |
[08:39] | …to apologize for the skyboxes. We’ll do better at the Garden. | 为豪华包厢的事道歉 我们在花园会表现得更好 |
[08:42] | What about spinners? Last time, you all staffed the president. | 助选员呢? 上次你们全都站在总统后面 |
[08:45] | There was no one around during big speeches. | 大型演讲时都没有人在旁边 |
[08:48] | We have a better surrogate program. Governors, big mayors. | 我们有更好的替代方案 州长、市长 |
[08:51] | Some of us will be available to you, and some of us will staff the president. | 你们可以直接跟某些幕僚谈 某些幕僚会站在总统后面 |
[08:55] | We come directly to you if we need more floor passes. | 如果我们需要更多通行证 我们会直接找你 |
[08:58] | – Absolutely. – We should really be talking… | -当然 -我们该谈谈 |
[09:01] | …about programming. – We have to. | -节目安排的事 -我们必须谈 |
[09:03] | – Yes. – And we have to call it programming. | -对 -而且必须称之为节目安排 |
[09:05] | Call it what you like. We call it programming. | 你爱叫什么都行 我们称之为节目安排 |
[09:08] | – The panels were a little dry last time. – Two panels on deficit reduction. | -上次的辩论主题有点乏味 -这次有两个赤字缩减主题 |
[09:14] | Monday night we’ve got real people the president’s met across the country… | 周一晚上我们会来真的 总统要跟全国见面 |
[09:18] | …reading planks from the platform. Scott O’Leary’s doing the keynote. | 在奖台上朗读政纲 史考特欧李瑞会说明主题 |
[09:21] | The Harlem Boys Choir sings the anthem. | 哈林儿童合唱团唱国歌 |
[09:24] | Tuesday’s Mrs. Bartlet and Rev. Lydell. A panel with women senators… | 周二巴特勒夫人与林朵 女性参议员辩论 |
[09:27] | …on biomedical research, breast-cancer progress… | 主题为生物医学研究 乳癌防治进展 |
[09:30] | …medical-privacy issues… . | 医学隐私问题 |
[09:34] | Look, a Dean Martin roast it ain’t, but… | 听着,狄恩马丁在后面,但是 |
[09:36] | We’re talking about cutting back on our coverage. | 我们正在讨论缩减播放时间 |
[09:43] | You only covered two hours a night last time. How much more…? | 你们上次只播了两小时 还要缩减多少? |
[09:46] | We’re talking about an hour. | 我们想缩到一小时 |
[09:52] | – You can’t do an hour a night? – That’s the thing, you don’t understand. | -一晚只播一小时? -有件事你不了解 |
[09:55] | We’re talking about an hour for each convention. | 我们是指每次会谈只播一小时 |
[09:58] | We cover acceptance speeches, that’s it. | 我们只播放开幕致词 就这样 |
[10:01] | One of these times you guys are gonna say that, and it’s gonna be true. | 有时候你们这么一说 事情就会成真 |
[10:08] | – How long is it? – Four or five hours. You’ll be fine. | -总共多久? -四或五小时,你没问题的 |
[10:12] | – They do all the Henrys? – They take all the Henrys, do a thing… | -他们介绍演出每一代亨利国王? -他们演出所有亨利国王,戏码叫 |
[10:15] | …and call it War of the Roses. | 玫瑰战争 |
[10:17] | I’m told by those that saw it, it’s spectacular. | 看过的人都告诉我 真是壮观 |
[10:19] | Catholic Charities bought out a theater. We’re gonna go and make some money. | 天主教慈善团体买下一个剧院 我们得去表演赚点钱才行 |
[10:23] | – It’s fine except the part where we go. – You know why? | -只要你别叫我上台 -你知道为什么吗? |
[10:26] | The Royal National Company’s got the King Henrys up there… | 皇家国家剧团 曾让亨利国王上台过 |
[10:29] | …and I’m still number one. – I love it when you’re like this. | -我还是最棒的 -我很高兴你爱表演 |
[10:32] | Let me ask you something. Which Plantagenet do I remind you of? | 让我问你一件事 我让你想起哪个金雀花王朝? |
[10:36] | You wanna, please? | 请你主持会议好吗? |
[10:38] | – Good morning. – Good morning, sir. | -早安 -早安,长官 |
[10:45] | We have reason to believe there’ll be an attack… | 我们有理由相信 再过48小时 |
[10:48] | …on a U.S. military installation sometime in the next 48 hours. | 将有美军基地受到攻击 |
[10:52] | We have a credible threat. | 这是可信的威胁 |
[10:56] | We just got done with Helsinki and the reactor. | 我们才刚结束赫尔辛基会议 跟反应炉的事 |
[10:58] | – Yes, sir. – How do we know? | -是,长官 -我们知道多少? |
[11:01] | The NSA’s been monitoring web sites of the Bahji cell operating out of Syria. | 国安理事会持续监控 叙利亚外的巴吉分支网站 |
[11:05] | They’ve been looking for picture codes, and they intercepted cellular calls. | 他们正在搜索图片代码 并窃听行动电话通讯 |
[11:09] | Sir, that tracks with what our advisors in Kazakhstan gave us this morning. | 长官 我们在哈萨克的顾问今早提供消息 |
[11:13] | The Russians have a prisoner in Chechnya who verified it’ll be military. | 俄国人在车臣逮捕到一嫌犯 已证实攻击目标为军队 |
[11:17] | – Which are the most vulnerable? – The Navy’s Fifth Fleet in Bahrain. | -最可能遭到攻击的是? -巴林的第五舰队 |
[11:21] | Jaber Air Base, Kuwait. Prince Sultan Air Base. Incirlik. | 科威特的卓巴空军基地 印吉力克苏丹王子空军基地 |
[11:26] | – Seeb North Air Base. – General? | -喜巴北部空军基地 -将军? |
[11:29] | I’d like to order Force Protection Delta. | 我下令进入基本战力维护程序 |
[11:32] | Keep nonessentials off and limit troop movement. Admiral? | 非重要人员全部撤回 并限制部队移动,司令官? |
[11:35] | Yeah. Sir, I’d like all carriers and destroyers into harbor… | 是,长官 我希望所有战舰与驱逐舰进入港湾 |
[11:38] | …where we can give them water security. | 好给与水域保护 |
[11:42] | So ordered. I don’t care if you know anything new or not… | 命令准许 我不管你们有没有更新消息 |
[11:46] | …I need updates every half-hour for the next 48 hours. | 我要你们在接下来的48小时 每半小时跟我报告一次 |
[11:49] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -是,长官 -谢谢,总统先生 |
[12:00] | Look, this is obviously a… Do not eat the fruit. | 听着,这很明显 别吃水果 |
[12:04] | This is obviously a negotiating position for you. So, what is it you need? | 很明显是你们位居谈判的立场 你们需要什么? |
[12:08] | You want us to vote a member of the Rules Committee out every night? | 你要我们每晚选出一个 议程委员会成员吗? |
[12:14] | The secretary should eat a jellyfish? | 部长应该要吃水母吗? |
[12:18] | You know what, sir? Don’t talk to me like I’m other people. | 你知道吗,长官? 别把我当成其他人来谈 |
[12:22] | The four of us are news directors. | 我们四个都是新闻主任 |
[12:24] | There isn’t a day that we don’t beg the person we work for… | 我们每天都跟自己人角力 |
[12:27] | …to let us, for the love of Jesus Christ, do the news. | 让我们以上帝之名 好好做新闻 |
[12:32] | Is the Republican nominee Rob Ritchie? Yes. | 共和党提名人是罗伯李奇吗? 是 |
[12:36] | Is his running mate Jeff Heston? Yes. And that question… | 他的竞选搭档是杰夫赫斯顿吗? 是 |
[12:40] | …is even less suspenseful when talking about the Democratic ticket. | 民主党选票上的名字更无问题 |
[12:44] | Will there be anything of any force or consequence in the platform? | 讲台上会有任何对决或后续发展吗? |
[12:48] | No. Will there be a floor fight over it? What does it matter? | 不,会有辩论大赛吗? 那又如何? |
[12:52] | And you’re huffed because the four of us are questioning the wisdom… | 你会生气是因为 我们四个居然质疑 |
[12:56] | …of presenting a four-day infomercial? | 播放四天的电视购物广告是不智之举? |
[12:59] | In prime time under network news? Simulcast? | 在电视新闻的黄金时段? 三台联播? |
[13:06] | We’ll show the acceptance speeches and the balloons. | 我们会播开幕致词跟气球 |
[13:10] | The balloons aren’t news, but it’s nice television. | 气球不是新闻 但画面不错 (星期二) |
[13:24] | – Morning. | – Morning. This is Donovan, 7:02. -早 -早,我是唐诺文,7点02分 |
[13:27] | – I’ve got Flamingo. – That code name’s not going away, is it? | -我接到火鹤了 -你不会把那个代码名称泄漏出去吧? |
[13:30] | – Thank you, Jamie. Sleep well. – Thank you. | -谢谢,杰米,好好睡 -谢谢 |
[13:34] | – I’m going shopping at lunch. – Sure. | -我午餐要去购物 -当然 |
[13:37] | – Where you going? – Does it matter? | -你要去哪儿? -重要吗? |
[13:39] | I’d like to let the manager know I’ll be carrying a gun. | 我希望让经理知道我有带枪 |
[13:42] | I’m taking my niece Hogan shopping for a dress for her junior prom. | 我要带我侄女荷根 买她的舞会晚礼服 |
[13:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:50] | You’re not gonna say Hogan is strange for a girl? | 你不觉得荷根是个怪名字? |
[13:52] | – For a boy too, I guess. – My older brothers are golf crazies. | -如果是男生就会很怪 -我哥是高尔夫球迷 |
[13:56] | Okay. Well… | 好吧 |
[13:59] | …this is our first time out. This is exciting. | 这是我们第一次出去 真令人兴奋 |
[14:01] | We’re not under the president’s umbrella of protection… | 我们不在总统的保护伞下 |
[14:04] | …so there are things I wanna tell you. | 所有有些事我得告诉你 |
[14:06] | In a populated place, a department store, I always walk ahead of you. | 在拥挤的地方、百货公司 我都会走在你你前面 |
[14:11] | I don’t like more than five feet between us… | 我希望我们两个之间的距离 不超过五尺 |
[14:13] | …so if you ditch me, that’s too far. | 所以如果你丢下我,就会离太远 |
[14:15] | Also, it would give me no choice but to surround you… | 而且会让我毫无选择余地 在你踏入男士用品区前 |
[14:19] | …with department-store security before you got to men’s accessories. | 以百货公司警卫团团包围你 |
[14:23] | You’re a very recognizable woman. If you’re surrounded by security… | 你是个非常引人注目的女子 如果你被警卫包围 |
[14:27] | …people are gonna point and stare. – Anything else, Agent Sunshine? | -大家就会开始指指点点 -还有吗,阳光探员? |
[14:31] | It’s Special Agent Sunshine, but that couldn’t matter less. | 是阳光特别探员 不过也没差 |
[14:34] | At the risk of being ungentlemanly, I can’t carry bags. | 可能有被认为不够绅士之嫌 我不能帮你提袋子 |
[14:37] | – My hands have to be free. – Plus, you’re not my valet. | -我的手必须能空着 -而且你也不是我的近侍 |
[14:40] | Yeah, but I’m still growing, and I got my eyes on the prize. | 对,但我还在学习 并且希望得到奖赏 |
[14:44] | – Barneys on Connecticut at 12:30. – I’m optimistic. | -康�D迪克大道巴尼百货,十二点半 -我很乐观 |
[14:48] | The stats of people being hurt… | 要是有人在购买 |
[14:50] | …while buying a prom dress are very encouraging. | 舞会晚礼服时受伤 是非常鼓舞人心的新闻 |
[14:52] | – It’s a junior prom. – Then you’re fine. | -是学校舞会 -那就没问题了 |
[14:55] | – Okay. – I’ll be around. | -好吧 -我在附近走动 |
[14:59] | – Good morning. – Hey. | -早安 -嗨 |
[15:01] | Can I tell you about some early wires? There’s a buzz in the UAW that… | 我可以报告今早的新闻吗? 汽车工人联盟今天打来 |
[15:05] | That was a strange thing I just did. I was telling him about shopping… | 我刚刚做了一件怪事 我告诉他关于 |
[15:08] | …for a junior-prom dress. Then he referred to the prom… | 买学校舞会晚礼服的事 他提到舞会 |
[15:11] | …and I made a point of correcting him. | 我还特别纠正他 |
[15:14] | Why? I felt so unnatural while I was saying it. | 为什么? 我说那句话好不自然 |
[15:16] | You were uncomfortable with the image of someone old enough… | 你觉得不舒服是因为 想到自己居然已经老到 |
[15:19] | …to be the aunt of someone going to the prom. | 变成陪侄女买晚礼服的姑姑 |
[15:22] | And you didn’t wanna be charged for the extra year. | 你又不希望提醒自己的年龄 |
[15:29] | I’d say that was ridiculous, but I also referred to my older brothers. | 我认为那真是荒唐 但我也提到我哥哥 |
[15:32] | – Yeah? – Isn’t that what you do… | -是吗? -那不就是 |
[15:34] | …when you meet a guy and you’re… . | 当你遇到一个男人会做的 |
[15:37] | Never mind. It was obviously some kind of left-brain hip check. | 算了,很显然这只是 左半脑忽然失灵 |
[15:40] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会处理 |
[15:43] | – Okay, the United Auto Workers. – Yes. Talk to me about them. | -好吧,汽车工人联盟 -告诉我他们的事 |
[15:48] | – Josh? – Hey, Martha. | -乔西? -玛莎 |
[15:50] | I’m sorry to bother you. I know you have a million things to do. | 发生什么事了 我知道你有上百万件事要做 |
[15:53] | – It’s no problem. – We have a record of your receiving… | -没问题 -我们有纪录显示 |
[15:56] | …a gift from the Finnish Office of Protocol. Sauna-cured meat. | 你收到芬兰办公室的礼物 烟薰肉 |
[15:59] | – Moose meat. – Yeah. Showed up on eBay. | -麋鹿肉 -对,出现在拍卖网站上 |
[16:02] | – What are you talking about? – Well, you know that’s a no-no, right? | -你在说什么? -你知道那是不允许的吧? |
[16:06] | – Yeah. I gave it to… – Who? | -对,我送给 -谁? |
[16:10] | Nobody. | 没 |
[16:12] | – Sorry, Martha. I’ll take care of it. – Thank you. | -抱歉,玛莎,我会处理 -谢谢 |
[16:15] | You can get back to your real job. | 你可以回去做真正的工作了 |
[16:18] | The Washington Times is printing their annual list of assistants’ salaries. | 华盛顿时报会印出助理薪资年表 |
[16:22] | – Where do they get it? – The White House has to submit it… | -他们去哪拿的? -白宫必须把年表提交给 |
[16:25] | …to a sub-committee, and it traditionally gets leaked by the opposition party. | 附属委员会,传统上来说 年表都会泄漏给反对党 |
[16:29] | We were thinking that instead of giving the press a reason to write a story… | 我们想 与其给媒体有理由写故事 |
[16:33] | …we won’t bitch about our pay for a month… | 我们不如不抱怨薪资一个月 |
[16:36] | …so that we can deal with it the way it should be dealt with, with our bosses. | 这样才能用正确的方式处理问题 也就是跟老板谈 |
[16:41] | Okay, so no matter what it says tomorrow… | 好吧,不论明天报纸怎么写 |
[16:43] | …it’s a privilege to serve our country. | 服务国家是种特权 |
[16:46] | – Try not to use those exact words. – I wasn’t here last year. | -试着不要用相同的字眼 -我去年不在这儿 |
[16:49] | – The press cares what assistants say? – We’re not assistants in this story. | -媒体会在乎助理说的话? -在这篇报导中我们不是助理 |
[16:52] | We’re White House staffers or prominent Democrats tied to the president. | 我们是白宫幕僚或 与总统关系紧密的民主党员 |
[16:56] | – Got it. – Thank you. | -懂了 -谢谢 |
[16:59] | – Jo-Jo? – Good morning. | -乔乔? -早安 |
[17:02] | – Did you try the moose meat? – I didn’t, and I’ll tell you why. | -你吃了麋鹿肉吗? -没,我告诉你为什么 |
[17:06] | – I’m saving it for a special… – It’s up to 180 bucks on eBay. | -我会把它留给特别的 -它在拍卖网站上卖到180美元 |
[17:10] | – EBay? Look… – I don’t understand. | -拍卖网站?听着 -我不懂 |
[17:14] | – You can’t sell… – I gave it to an intern. | -你不能卖 -我送给一个实习生了 |
[17:18] | – You did? – I’m sorry. | -你送人了? -对 |
[17:19] | I appreciated you giving it to me, but if I’m gonna eat a moose… | 我很感激你送给我 但如果我一定要吃麋鹿肉 |
[17:23] | …there has to be some kind of prize at the end. | 那一定是因为吃完有奖品 |
[17:27] | Who’s the intern? | 哪个实习生? |
[17:29] | – Well, how about if I’d rather not say. – Donna. | -我宁愿不说 -唐娜 |
[17:32] | – Come on, I’ll take care of it. – Fire the intern. | -别这样,我会处理 -解雇那个实习生 |
[17:38] | – Hey. | – Hey. -嗨 -嗨 |
[17:42] | – You want phone messages? – Yeah. | -你要听电话留言吗? -好 |
[17:44] | Daniel Harris, the deputy whip’s office, Kevin Kahn, your father… | 丹尼尔哈里斯、党主席办公室 凯文坎恩、你爸 |
[17:48] | – Kevin? – Yeah. | -凯文? -对 |
[17:51] | – He just called? – Yeah. | -他刚打来? -对 |
[17:54] | Get him back. | 打回去 |
[18:01] | I have Sam Seaborn returning for Mr. Kahn. | 这里是山姆希朋办公室 回坎恩先生电话 |
[18:05] | Line four. | 第四线 |
[18:13] | – Kevin. – How you doing, Sam? | -凯文 -你好吗,山姆? |
[18:15] | – Fine. – I hadn ‘t talked to you in a month. | -很好 -我有一个月没跟你聊天了 |
[18:17] | – I wanted to check in. – You’re just calling? | -我想知道你的情形 -你刚打来? |
[18:20] | Yeah, I wanted to see if you wanted to get lunch. | 对,我想知道 你要不要一起吃个午餐 |
[18:23] | You couldn’t have called at a better time. | 你打来的时机刚刚好 |
[18:25] | – One o’clock at Old Ebbitt, okay? – Make it Patrick’s at 1. | -一点在老艾比见如何? -改在派屈克 |
[18:32] | – Ginger. – Yeah? | -金洁 -怎样? |
[18:33] | I have a lunch. | 我有午餐约会 |
[18:45] | We’re expanding the potential target list. | 我们正在扩展目标名单 |
[18:48] | To include what? | 包括哪里? |
[18:52] | – Holy hell. – Dover Air Force Base and Fort Myer. | -老天爷 -多文空军基地跟梅尔堡 |
[18:55] | How could they have the capability to strike a U.S. base? | 他们怎么会有能力攻击美国基地? |
[18:58] | We’re not sure, but we’ve processed calls through a VR program. | 我们不确定 但我们追踪到电话 |
[19:02] | They identified Muhammed Sabeh, a Bahji cell leader. | 他们指认出穆罕默德沙贝 巴吉小组领袖 |
[19:05] | Leo, he doesn’t have a history of empty rhetoric. | 里奥,他从来不放空话 |
[19:09] | – What would they be striking with? – The calls refer to smuggled weaponry. | -他们要用什么攻击? -电话中提到走私军火 |
[19:13] | We don’t know what kind or the level of force. | 我们还不知道火力等级 |
[19:15] | Why those two? | 为什么选这两个基地? |
[19:17] | There are a couple dozen bases on the seaboard that are bigger. | 沿海还有很多更大型的基地 |
[19:20] | – Why not the Carolinas? – That has us concerned. | -为什么不选卡罗来那? -那是我们担心的 |
[19:24] | What those bases have in common… | 这些基地都有一个共通点 |
[19:26] | …is their proximity to another military headquarters. | 就是它们与另一个军事总部 距离极为靠近 (白宫) |
[19:33] | It’s Henry V, 3 Henry VI and Henry Vlll. | 有亨利五世、三个亨利六世 还有亨利八世 |
[19:37] | – This is non-traditional Shakespeare. – What does that mean? Sounds modern. | -这是非传统的莎士比亚 -那是什么意思?听起来很现代 |
[19:41] | The director uses music, song and theatrical devices along the way. | 指挥在剧中使用音乐、歌曲 跟剧场装置 |
[19:44] | Well, it doesn’t sound bad. Let me ask you something. | 听起来还不坏 让我问你一件事 |
[19:47] | If Shakespeare wrote a play about me, how many parts would it be? | 如果莎士比亚要为我写一出剧 我会有几幕戏? |
[19:52] | Sir. | 长官 |
[19:55] | – Think about it. – Yes, sir. | -好好想想 -是,长官 |
[19:57] | NSA has new cellular intercepts. | 国安理事会窃听到新通讯内容 |
[20:01] | The list now includes Dover in Delaware and Fort Myer in Maryland. | 名单目前包括德拉威的多文 跟马里兰的梅尔堡 |
[20:06] | And they’re close to putting the White House on the list. | 它们的距离非常接近 足以将白宫纳入范围内 |
[20:09] | – What are we doing? – Combat Air Patrol’s over D.C. | -我们现在怎么做? -派空军防御团保护华府 |
[20:12] | And we’ve vectored aircraft away from the District. | 我们已经指示军机 离开基地 |
[20:17] | Mr. President, I want you to start getting yourself into a mental place… | 总统先生 我希望你做好心理准备 |
[20:22] | …where you can order an unidentified plane shot down. | 你可以下令射击不明飞行体 |
[20:29] | We’re sealing a one-mile perimeter. | 我们会以一里周长围住白宫 |
[20:32] | Fitz is about to call and ask you to put the Coast Guard on alert for the Atlantic. | 费兹会打来要求你 下令大西洋海岸巡逻队保持警戒 |
[20:36] | – Leaning on Arab intelligence sources? – They’re not what they used to be. | -光靠阿拉伯情报来源? -他们已经进步了 |
[20:40] | – We’re leaning on them? – Yes, sir. | -我们现在靠他们? -是,长官 |
[20:44] | – We have to talk about the bunker. – I’m not going. | -我们必须谈谈地堡的事 -我不去 |
[20:47] | – Sir. – I’m not going to the bunker. | -长官 -我不会进地堡 |
[20:49] | Sends a terrible sign. I’m sitting in this room. | 那是一种恐慌的信号 我要坐在这里 |
[20:54] | – Ron and I have been through this. – You haven’t with me. | -朗跟我都经历过这种事 -你没跟我一起 |
[20:57] | I’m trying to tell you, if the time comes, they’re not gonna give you a choice. | 我告诉你,如果时间到了 你不会有选择余地 |
[21:01] | You’re telling me that the Secret Service… | 你是说密勤局 |
[21:04] | …my own bodyguards are gonna escort me to the bunker? | 我自己的保镖 会把我架进地堡? |
[21:08] | Your feet may touch the ground a couple of times along the way, but I doubt it. | 你的脚可能会着地几次 但我怀疑 |
[21:32] | You said you didn’t want taffeta, but what do you think? | 你说不要绸缎 但这个呢? |
[21:35] | I think it’s great except for the taffeta. | 我觉得很棒,只是绸缎不好 |
[21:41] | Do you like this? | 你喜欢这件吗? |
[21:43] | It’s a little pink. | 太粉红了 |
[21:47] | Aunt C.J., stop looking at the Vera Wangs. | 茜洁姑姑 别再看王薇薇拉设计的衣服了 |
[21:49] | – Why? – Because they cost a month’s salary. | -为什么? -因为那会花上一个月的薪水 |
[21:51] | But I’m the cool aunt, this is what I do. | 但我是酷姑姑,我专做这种事 |
[21:54] | Look at this. | 瞧瞧这件 |
[21:57] | Good gracious, black silk couture gown. | 优雅、黑色丝绸的晚礼服 |
[21:59] | I’d have to be 5′ 11″ to look good in that. | 我必须高达五尺十一寸 穿起来才好看 |
[22:02] | As luck would have it, that’s my height exactly. | 我真是幸运,那正好是我的高度 |
[22:05] | – Go ahead. – Thank you. | -去试吧 -谢谢 |
[22:09] | I’m just gonna take this one too. | 我也要试这件 |
[22:27] | What is it that you look for exactly? | 你到底在看什么? |
[22:31] | – You know it when you see it. – What do you mean? | -你看到时就会知道 -什么意思? |
[22:42] | Look this way. | 看这个方向 |
[22:44] | Now look this way. | 现在看这个方向 |
[22:47] | Now look this way. | 现在看这个方向 |
[22:49] | Now look this way. | 现在看这个方向 |
[22:51] | Now look at me. What did you see? | 现在看这个方向 你看到什么? |
[22:57] | Over here, there was a mother with two kids. | 那边有个女人 带着两个孩子 |
[23:02] | Over here, there was a man in a coat, and I can’t remember what else. | 那边有个穿大衣的男人 其他我就忘了 |
[23:06] | Over here was the checkout counter… | 那边是出口柜台 |
[23:08] | …and there were people there, and I can’t remember what else. | 那边有人群,其他我也忘了 |
[23:12] | – Anything bother you? – No. | -有什么人让你担心? -没 |
[23:14] | What about the guy in the coat? | 穿大衣的男人呢? |
[23:16] | – What about him? – It’s May. Why is he wearing a coat? | -他怎么了? -现在是五月,他为什么穿大衣? |
[23:19] | – I don’t know. – I don’t know either. | -我不知道 -我也不知道 |
[23:21] | But until one of us leaves the store, I’m gonna know where he is. | 但直到我们其中一个离开前 我会知道他在哪里 |
[23:25] | – So you’re always looking. – Yeah. | -所以你一直看着四周 -对 |
[23:27] | We’re actually not supposed to talk that much. | 其实我们不该聊天 |
[23:29] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:41] | So, what would it take for you to brandish your weapon? | 你什么时候会亮出武器? |
[23:44] | What? | 什么? |
[23:46] | – I mean, excuse me? – What would it take right now… | -我是说,请再说一次? -现在有什么事 |
[23:49] | …for you to just reach in and brandish your weapon? | 会让你掏出枪,亮出武器? |
[23:52] | Something pretty extraordinary. | 非比寻常的事 |
[23:55] | How long have you been with the Secret Service? | 你在密勤局待多久了? |
[23:57] | Well, I went to college basically on an Army scholarship… | 我在大学是领陆军奖学金 |
[24:00] | …which means after you get out, you serve a number of years. | 也就是说,当你毕业后 必须先服役好几年 |
[24:04] | I was with the Chicago P.D. for a few years… | 我在芝加哥警局待了几年 |
[24:06] | …and the Secret Service for the last nine. | 在密勤局待了九年 |
[24:08] | – Have you ever brandished your weapon? – Yes. | -你亮过武器吗? -有 |
[24:11] | Have you ever fired it? | 开过枪吗? |
[24:14] | Yes. | 有 |
[24:16] | – What? – I’m just trying to think… | -什么? -我只是在想 |
[24:19] | …of when in the last nine years an agent would’ve had to fire his gun. | 在过去九年来 你会在什么情形下开枪 |
[24:25] | Unless you… | 除非你 |
[24:28] | You were at Rosslyn. | 你在罗斯林 |
[24:33] | Well, you’re a good guy. | 你是个好人 |
[24:37] | – Sorry, am I not allowed to touch you? – No, it’s okay. | -抱歉,我不可以碰你对吧? -不,没关系 |
[24:46] | Aunt C.J., you won’t believe this. | 茜洁姑姑,你不会相信这件事的 |
[24:48] | – What? – Hogan, we’re gonna tell her… | -什么? -荷根,我们改天 |
[24:50] | …another time, okay? – Okay. | -再告诉她,好吗? -好吧 |
[24:53] | – Is Simon bothering you? – No. | -西蒙在骚扰你吗? -没有 |
[24:55] | If he ever does, I want you to shriek at the top of your lungs, okay? | 如果有 我要你尽全力尖叫好吗? |
[24:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:06] | Hey, Stacy. | 史黛西 |
[25:08] | – Margaret. – I thought Margaret was the girl… | -玛格丽特 -我以为玛格丽特 |
[25:11] | …who worked here before. – I’m that girl. I’m Margaret. | -是之前在这里工作的女孩 -我就是那女孩,我是玛格丽特 |
[25:15] | – You changed your hair. – No. | -你换发型了 -没 |
[25:18] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[25:20] | Someone asked me to give this to you. | 有人要我把这交给你 |
[25:26] | The CEQ is waiting for me down the hall. | 国家环境品质委员会在大厅等我 |
[25:29] | Two precinct captains from lowa want jobs in Commerce. | 两个爱荷华选区主任 想在经济部谋职 |
[25:32] | – What do you think? – I don’t care. | -你认为呢? -我不在乎 |
[25:34] | Andrew Jackson said,”If there’s a job that can’t be done by a Democrat… | 安德鲁杰克逊说“如果有 民主党员办不到的工作 |
[25:38] | …let’s abolish the job.” – Okay. | -就把那工作废了” -好吧 |
[25:40] | C.J. says AP asked for his transcript and he said no. | 茜洁说美联社要求听打稿 而他拒绝了 |
[25:44] | – Why? – He took a semester of tap. | -为什么? -他上了一学期的打字课 |
[25:46] | – Seriously. – I don’t know. I’ll ask him. | -说真的 -我不知道,我会问他 |
[25:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:51] | – And about the lowa thing? – It may not get an answer today, okay? | -爱荷华那件事呢? -今天还不会有答案好吗? |
[25:56] | I don’t wanna give him too much. | 我不想给他太多 |
[25:58] | When you say something like that, I buy canned goods. | 当你那么说时 我就要去买罐头食品了 |
[26:01] | – What’s with this tape? – You don’t wanna see it on television. | -录影带的事怎样了? -你不会想在电视上看到 |
[26:04] | – What? – I said, you don’t wanna see it on TV. | -什么? -我说,你不会想在电视上看到 |
[26:08] | See you later. | 待会见 |
[26:11] | – Mr. Gianelli… . – You call me Bruno. | -贾纳利先生 -叫我布鲁诺就好 (玛格丽特) |
[26:25] | – You sounded funny on the phone. – No, I was just surprised you called. | -你在电话上听起来很怪 -不,我只是很惊讶你打来 |
[26:28] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么? -我不知道 |
[26:31] | What do you think of us having lunch or coffee once a month? | 你认为我们要不要 每个月吃一次午餐还是咖啡? |
[26:34] | We can be emissaries, maybe help keep things under control if it gets bad. | 我们可以是密探 有助于控制并避免事情恶化 |
[26:38] | – Good idea. – How about getting your candidate… | -好主意 -请你的候选人 |
[26:40] | …to sign the Clean Campaign Pledge. – He’s the president. | -签署干净选战保证如何 -他是总统 |
[26:43] | Yes, he is. I apologize. | 对,我道歉 |
[26:49] | When was the last time we saw a genuine dialogue? | 最后一次真心的交谈是何时? |
[26:51] | – McKinley versus Bryan. – Instead of the Cross of Gold speech… | -麦金利与布莱恩 -与其听一次金十字勋章演讲 |
[26:55] | – I’m sorry about the thing. – What thing? | -事情怎样了 -什么事? |
[26:58] | – The open mike. – I’m not talking about that. | -麦克风没关那件事 -我不是在说那件事 |
[27:01] | – I think you are. – Sam, it was not that big a deal. | -我以为你是 -山姆,那件事没什么 |
[27:04] | – Most of us laughed about it. – Really? | -我们大多一笑置之 -真的? |
[27:07] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:10] | Look, something’s happened, and I wanna tell you about it. | 听着,有事要发生了 我想跟你谈 |
[27:13] | What? | 什么? |
[27:16] | Somebody made an attack ad and sent me a copy. | 有人做了一卷攻击广告 寄了一份给我 |
[27:18] | – Who’s getting attacked? – The president. | -谁被攻击? -总统 |
[27:21] | – They sent it to you? – Yeah. | -他们寄给你? -对 |
[27:22] | – This is,”Morality, truth…” – Yeah. | -是“道德、真理” -对 |
[27:24] | – We’ve seen it. – You’ve got a mole. | -我们看过了 -你们有人外流 |
[27:28] | We don’t need it. We don’t want it. | 我们不需要,也不想要 |
[27:33] | Thank you. I’ll get to the bottom of this. | 谢谢,我会查出来 (星期三) |
[27:39] | Hello. | 哈�� |
[27:41] | Hello. | 哈�� |
[27:45] | It’s wrong of you to make me fire the intern. | 你要我开除实习生是错误的 |
[27:47] | – I’ll fire him. – No. | -我会开除他 -不 |
[27:49] | – Why? – First of all, it was moose sausage… | -为什么? -首先,那是麋鹿肉香肠 |
[27:51] | …not the prints to Los Alamos. – This is the White House… | -又不是国立实验室报告 -这里是白宫 |
[27:54] | …and not Williams-Sonoma. – An intern makes nothing. | -不是威廉皇家精品店 -实习生薪水很低 |
[27:57] | – He has to pay rent. – He can’t do it this way. | -他还要付房租 -不能用这种方式 |
[28:00] | And I’ll make that clear to him. | 我会跟他说清楚 |
[28:02] | But he shouldn’t be fired, and you know why? | 但他不应该被开除 你知道为什么吗? |
[28:05] | Twenty years ago, 75 percent of graduates from the Kennedy School… | 二十年前 肯尼迪学校毕业生有75% |
[28:09] | …took jobs in public service. Last year it was a third. | 担任公职,去年只剩三分之一 |
[28:12] | – We need these people. – All right. | -我们需要这些人 -好吧 |
[28:14] | – Look, when Martha… Was it Martha? – Yes. | -听着,当玛莎是玛莎对吧? -对 |
[28:17] | When she came to you and you thought it was me… | 当她去找你时 你以为是我 |
[28:19] | …you wouldn’t give her my name? | 你没给她我的名字吧? |
[28:21] | – So let me… – I said all right five minutes ago. | -让我 -我五分钟前就说好吧 |
[28:24] | – I was underlining my point. – Nicely done. | -我只是强调我的看法 -干得好 |
[28:26] | – Okay, I’m through. – Excellent. | -好吧,我说完了 -漂亮 |
[28:31] | We could guarantee them a floor fight. | 我们可以保证一场公开辩论 |
[28:34] | – Really? – A good one. | -真的? -很精采的 |
[28:36] | – For four nights? – Whatever. | -连续四晚? -随便 |
[28:39] | – Okay. – You got a better idea? | -好吧 -有更好的主意吗? |
[28:42] | What about corporate sponsorship? | 企业赞助呢? |
[28:45] | You think? | 你认为呢? |
[28:47] | Why do people foot the bill anyway? | 人们为什么要买帐? |
[28:49] | The Nabisco Democratic National Convention? | 那比斯可民主党大会? |
[28:52] | – Better than professional wrestling. – How much better? | -比职业摔角有趣 -多有趣? |
[28:55] | – I don’t know. – I wouldn’t mind hitting people. | -我不知道 -我不介意打人 |
[28:58] | I could make it look real. | 我会让它看起来像真的 |
[29:00] | – This is ridiculous. – I’m telling you, they are not really… | -这真是荒谬 -我告诉你,他们不是真的 |
[29:04] | – I was in the room. – They are not serious. | -我在房间里 -他们不是认真的 |
[29:06] | I was in the room. | 我在房间里 |
[29:08] | He talks, and he wants to get these things off his chest. | 他说了,他想要把事情说清楚 |
[29:11] | But in the end, if we had Tiny Tim and Miss-What’s-Her-Name doing roll call… | 但是到最后,如果我们能请小提姆 跟不知名小姐点名一次 |
[29:16] | …they would cover it like that. | 他们就会全部播出了 |
[29:18] | So let’s give them a little bit… | 我们就给他一点 |
[29:21] | – There’s… – A little bit of what they want. | -有 -一点他们想要的 |
[29:25] | – Like what? – Well, me? | -例如什么? -问我吗? |
[29:27] | I like animals that can do math. | 我喜欢会算数的动物 |
[29:29] | – You wanna help? – I’m not that worried. | -你想帮忙吗? -我没那么担心 |
[29:31] | – I was in the room! – And? | -我在房间里! -然后呢? |
[29:34] | I don’t believe it is possible that these four people got together… | 我不相信 这四个人能聚在一起 |
[29:38] | …and decided anything. | 决定任何事情 |
[29:44] | Wait. How is it possible that they got together and decided something? | 等等,这四个人怎么能 聚在一起决定任何事情? |
[29:48] | I mean, how is it possible that they got together and agreed? | 我是说,他们怎么可能全都同意? |
[29:51] | – The penny drops. – Bonnie? | -电灯亮了 -邦妮? |
[29:54] | I still think it was about the skyboxes. | 我还是认为这跟豪华包厢有关 |
[29:57] | Get me David Wolczek at the Justice Department. | 帮我连络司法部的大卫沃契克 |
[30:14] | – Yeah? – The FBI says a Bahji communication… | -什么事? -联邦调查局说巴吉通讯部 |
[30:17] | …was traced to Khaled Madani. | 追踪到卡利马达尼 |
[30:20] | Which is one of 11 a.k.a. ‘s used by Abdul Al-Yossi. | 他是阿布达阿育西 的十一名手下之一 |
[30:24] | This doesn’t mean anything to me. | 我不懂这件事的意义 |
[30:26] | INS says Khaled Madani is still in this country on an expired visa. | 移民局说卡利马达尼 在这个国家非法居留 |
[30:30] | – Where? – Bethesda. | -哪里? -毕士大 |
[30:31] | About a half-hour ago, agents raided a duplex rented under his name. | 大约半小时前 探员闯入以他名字登记的住宅 |
[30:35] | No one there, but they found drawings and digital tape… | 没有人在那儿 但他们发现 |
[30:38] | …of the National Archives and the Supreme Court. | 国家档案馆与最高法院的 详细图片跟数位胶卷 |
[30:41] | These were detailed drawings… | 这些图片极为详细 |
[30:43] | …with exterior air vents and notations of the number of guards posted. | 有外部排气口跟警卫数目 |
[30:47] | Are we able to take a guess at where and when now? | 你们可以预测出 攻击时间跟地点吗? |
[30:50] | No, sir. | 不,长官 |
[30:53] | What about Abdul Shareef? | 那阿布达夏利夫呢? |
[30:54] | Isn’t Shareef supposed to help us… | 他不是应该要提供我们 |
[30:56] | …with intelligence out of Qumar? – He’s not. | -库玛的情报? -他没有 |
[30:59] | We should put the president on Marine One. | 我们应该请总统上《海军一号》 |
[31:02] | I don’t think we should. They’ve doubled the counter-assault… | 我不认为 我们已经在附近大楼的 |
[31:05] | …on the surrounding buildings. | 加强两倍守卫 |
[31:07] | If it’s me, I say the president’s grounded till we know where Madani is. | 如果是我,我认为总统 在确定马达尼目前位置后再上船 |
[31:15] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢 -谢谢,总统先生 |
[31:29] | I’m not going to the bunker. | 我不要去地堡 |
[31:32] | Some people won’t go to the bunker, and when I get out… | 不是所有人都进地堡 当我出来时 |
[31:35] | …I won’t be able to tell them what to do, and I like doing that. | 就没办法命令大家做事 那是我最喜欢的事 |
[31:38] | Get Abbey to New Hampshire, but I’m not going to the bunker. | 带艾碧去新罕布夏 但是我不去地堡 |
[31:41] | If you say I have to, I’ll walk across the alley with the chief justice… | 如果你说我必须去 我会跟大法官一起走过大道 |
[31:45] | …and I’ll hand John Hoynes my resignation. | 然后把辞呈递给约翰何尼斯 |
[31:47] | When he’s sworn in, I’m telling him to appoint me his vice president… | 当他宣誓就任时 我会要他指定我为副总统 |
[31:51] | …because I’m not going down to the bunker. | 因为我不要去地堡 |
[31:53] | If the agents come, they come, but tell Ron to bring more than a couple of guys. | 如果探员来就让他们进来 但是要朗多带一点人手过来 |
[32:09] | – Bruce? – Hey, Donna. | -布鲁斯? -唐娜 |
[32:16] | – You put it on eBay? – Somebody bought it. | -你在拍卖网站礼物? -有人买了 |
[32:18] | – I can’t believe it. – What? | -我不敢相信 -什么? |
[32:20] | Something from the White House? You know how embarrassing that is? | -我不敢相信 -什么? 卖来自白宫的东西? 你知道这有多丢人吗? |
[32:23] | – For who? – For me, for Josh, for the president… | -对谁? -对我、乔西、总统 |
[32:26] | …everybody who works here, you. – I don’t work here. More accurately… | -所有在这里工作的人,还有你 -我不在这里工作,说更清楚一点 |
[32:30] | …I don’t get paid here. – I don’t care. | -我不支薪 -我不在乎 |
[32:32] | My landlord does. | 我房东在乎 |
[32:33] | I file, copy, deliver, get coffee, get pizza, and I do it for free. | 我房东在乎 我归档、影印、送文件、煮咖啡 订披萨,全都是免费帮忙 |
[32:37] | That’s exactly what you signed up for. You had to jump through hoops to get it. | 那正是你当初签的合约 有一堆人愿意跳火圈争取这种机会 |
[32:42] | – Were you lied to? – Doesn’t matter. | -有人骗你吗? -那不重要 |
[32:43] | That’s all that matters. You’re like a college athlete justifying… . | -有人骗你吗? -那不重要 那是最重要的 你就像大学运动员,把 |
[32:47] | This is what you signed up for. | 这是你当初签的合约 |
[32:52] | Now, you’re not gonna be fired, but you are gonna be transferred. | 你不会被解雇 但你会被调职 |
[32:56] | – And you have to give me $210. – Why? | –而且你还要给我210元 -为什么? |
[32:58] | – I’m the one who got it off eBay. – It’s covering a check I wrote already. | -我就是在拍卖网站上的买主 -我用来付我写的支票了 |
[33:02] | I’m out $210 for free moose meat I didn’t want in the first place? | 我得付210元买免费麋鹿肉 而我根本不想要? |
[33:07] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[33:10] | Go back to work. | 回去工作 |
[33:26] | – What? – This. | -什么? -这个 |
[33:29] | Sam’s encouraging the president to sign the Clean Campaign Pledge. | 山姆鼓励总统 签署干净选战保证 |
[33:33] | – What the hell…? – Then they talk about the tape. | -搞什么? -然后他们还谈到录影带 |
[33:39] | – Is this all of them? – Yeah. | -这是全部吗? -对 |
[33:41] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[33:51] | We understand you have a counter offer. | 我们知道你要提反要约 |
[33:53] | Yeah. You broadcast all four nights of the convention. | 对,你们得连续四晚播出整场大会 |
[33:56] | – Why? – The public owns the airwaves, not you. | -为什么? -大众拥有电视台,不是你们 |
[33:59] | You have a legal obligation to serve the public. | 你们有服务大众的法律义务 |
[34:01] | The public could care less about the nominating conventions. | 大众根本不在乎提名大会 |
[34:05] | – So why? – You have an FCC public obligation. | -那为什么? -你们有联邦通讯委员会公共义务 |
[34:07] | Show me a station that lost its license… | 告诉我任何一个 |
[34:09] | …for not running public-interest programming. | 因为不播放公共利益节目安排 而失去证照的电视台 |
[34:12] | – I can’t. – So why? | -我没办法 -那为什么? |
[34:15] | If you don’t, the Justice Department investigates you for antitrust violations. | 如果你不播 司法部会以垄断罪调查你 |
[34:20] | – Antitrust violations? – A joint decision not to compete… | -垄断罪? -共同决议不播放 |
[34:23] | …for the best convention programming. – You’re accusing us of conspiring… | -最好的会议节目安排 -你要以密谋 |
[34:27] | …to not show a money-losing program? | 不播放赔钱节目起诉我们? |
[34:29] | Not me so much as the Justice Department. | 不是我,而是司法部 |
[34:32] | Fifteen U.S.C., Section One: “Every contract, combination… | 美国宪法第十五条第一章: “任何合约、合作关系 |
[34:35] | …or conspiracy in restraint of trade or commerce is illegal. | 或密谋限制贸易或商业行为 都是违法的 |
[34:39] | Every person who shall engage in any combination…” | 若有人介入此种合作关系” |
[34:41] | All right, we get it. We all have lawyers that we’ll have to talk to. | 好吧,我们懂了 我们都有律师要谈 |
[34:45] | Yes. No. | 是,不行 |
[34:48] | There won’t be a horse race to cover either in New York or San Diego. | 纽约跟圣地牙哥都没有赛马 可以报导 |
[34:52] | But we gave you the airwaves for free 70 years ago. | 但我们在七十年前 就把免费电波奉送给你们 |
[34:55] | And 357 days a year… | 一年357天 |
[34:58] | …you could say who’s up, who’s down, who won the West and lost the South. | 你们可以说谁的人气上升、下降 谁赢了西部、输了南方 |
[35:02] | But what’s wrong with eight days, not every year, but every four years… | 但是每四年,不是一年 播放八天,让大家看到领袖 |
[35:06] | …showing our leaders talking to us? Not part of what they said… | 对我们说话,何错之有? 不是部份 |
[35:09] | …but what they said. | 而是全程会议 |
[35:12] | – And then the balloons. – Like I said… | -然后再放气球 -正如我说的 |
[35:15] | – You have to talk to lawyers. – Yes. | -你们必须跟律师谈 -对 |
[35:17] | Talk to the lawyers. | 去跟律师谈 |
[35:24] | – What did I tell you? – About what? | -我告诉过你什么? -什么? |
[35:25] | About not meeting with Kevin Kahn. | 不要跟凯文坎恩见面 |
[35:28] | – He called me. It was out of the blue. – It was? | -他打电话给我,百年难得一次 -是吗? |
[35:30] | We’re good friends. He wants to keep things civil. He… | 我们是好朋友 他希望我们能文明处理 |
[35:34] | – He leaked it to the press. – What? | -他泄漏给媒体 -什么? |
[35:36] | – Your lunch. – You’re wrong. | -你们的午餐约会 -你错了 |
[35:38] | He leaked it to the press. | -你们的午餐约会 -你错了 他泄漏给媒体 |
[35:40] | He’s got you in favor of the pledge. | 他让你赞成签署保证 |
[35:42] | And you gave him the tape. | 你再把录影带给他 |
[35:44] | – I didn’t… – This is three, four, I don’t know… | -我没有 -总共有三、四、我不知道 |
[35:47] | …a dozen news cycles where we’re playing politics and losing. | 有一打新闻频道 在播政治游戏而我们输了 |
[35:50] | The pledge is their idea. | 保证是他们的主意 |
[35:52] | Any move we make on it, we lose. Any move they make, they win. | 我们在上面做任何动作,我们就输了 他们做任何动作,他们就赢了 |
[35:58] | I agree, this is bad. | 我同意,这很糟 |
[36:01] | – And I take full responsibility. – This isn’t bad, Sam. | -我愿意负全责 -这还不算坏,山姆 |
[36:05] | Let me show you bad. | 我告诉你什么叫糟糕 |
[36:11] | Throwing mud to cover up his failure. | 以污泥掩蔽他的失败 |
[36:13] | Refusing to sign a Clean Campaign Pledge… | 拒绝签署干净选战保证 |
[36:16] | … so he won ‘t have to defend his broken promises. Jed Bartlet… | 以逃避为他的失信辩解 杰德巴特勒 |
[36:19] | … was for internal use only. | 仅供内部使用 |
[36:21] | The Ritchie campaign reports… | 仅供内部使用 李奇阵营报告说 |
[36:22] | … that it had no part in production of the ad… | 李奇阵营报告说 他们完全未参与 制作这支广告的过程 |
[36:25] | … and does not know how the Bartlet camp obtained it. | 也不知道巴特勒阵营如何取得 |
[36:28] | – It alludes to President Bartlet’s MS… – Oh, God. | -广告影射巴特勒总统的多重硬化症 -天哪 |
[36:30] | … and also accuses him of campaign mudslinging… | 同时也指控他中伤对手 |
[36:34] | … a tactic the Ritchie camp has refused to embrace. | 李奇阵营拒绝承认此策略 |
[36:37] | It’s on free media. Everywhere. All day. All night. | 事情已经跑到自由媒体上 到处都是,日夜不停播放 |
[36:42] | All free. | 完全免费 |
[36:44] | You got played, Sam. | 你被耍了,山姆 |
[36:47] | And you forgot that all warfare is based on deception. | 你忘了所有的战术 都建立在欺骗上 |
[36:52] | One of these times, you guys are gonna listen. | 总有一次 你们这群家伙一定得听话 |
[36:55] | Or you’re gonna find out what the crappy end of inauguration day feels like. | 否则你们就会知道 就职典礼日那天有多惨 |
[36:59] | Although most Americans claimed to detest… | 虽然大多数的美国民众 在过去都宣称 |
[37:02] | … negative ad campaigns in the past… | 他们对选战抹黑广告的强烈厌恶 |
[37:04] | … they have often proven to be an effective tool in American politics. | 但这种广告仍证实为 美国政治的有效工具 |
[37:08] | In other news… | 其他新闻有 (星期四) (都彭大楼) |
[37:37] | I can’t believe you did that. | 我不敢相信你这么做 |
[37:39] | – I can’t believe you did that! – Go to hell. | -我不敢相信你这么做! -去死吧 |
[37:41] | – What happened…? – With the open mike? | -怎么了? -麦克风没关的事? |
[37:43] | – It was a mistake! – Crap. | -那是失误! -狗屎 |
[37:45] | – You said you laughed. – You think I laughed? | -你说你笑了 -你认为我笑了? |
[37:47] | – You said… – You think I laughed? | -你说 -你认为我笑了? |
[37:51] | So that’s what this is about? That’s what this is about? | 这是关于那件事? 就是关于那件事? |
[37:54] | You made a punch line out of my candidate. | 你用重话伤害我的候选人 |
[37:56] | Is it gonna happen again? I think it will. | 还会再发生吗? 我想会 |
[37:59] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗? -是 |
[38:01] | I think it will too. | 我想还会发生 |
[38:15] | Sir? | 长官? |
[38:17] | You can send him in. | 可以请他们进来了 |
[38:24] | – They arrested him. – Oakland, California. | -他们逮捕到他了 -加州奥克兰 |
[38:26] | The Coast Guard boarded and seized a 50-foot boat… | 海岸巡逻队在奥克兰港外两百码 |
[38:29] | …200 yards off the Port of Oakland. | 捕获一艘五十尺的船 |
[38:31] | – What did they find onboard? – 5000 keys of ammonium nitrate… | -在船上发现什么? -五千枚硝酸铵炸弹 |
[38:35] | …and a gallon of diesel fuel. – What was the target? | -一加仑的燃油 -目标是? |
[38:37] | – Fort Point. – That wasn’t on the list. | -福特点基地 -那不在名单上 |
[38:40] | Well, it’s military, which was consistent… | 它还是军事基地 |
[38:43] | …but decommissioned, which wasn’t. It’s not a very valuable asset. | 但已解除使用期限 不是很有价值的资产 |
[38:47] | – Why’d they want it? – Because of what’s above it. | -他们为什么想攻占它? -因为它上面的建筑 |
[38:51] | The Golden Gate Bridge. | 金门大桥 |
[38:52] | The fort fronts the anchorage and the suspension cable tie-downs. | 金门大桥 基地保护支柱与悬吊钢索�l线 |
[38:56] | – We didn’t know anything. – We knew enough. | -我们什么都不知道 -我们知道的够多了 |
[38:59] | I’m gonna ask this again, where the hell was Shareef? | 我还要再问一次 夏利夫到底在哪? |
[39:04] | We’re not entirely ready to answer that yet. | 我们还没准备好回答该问题 |
[39:06] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[39:08] | We’ve been getting a great deal of help from the Russians since Helsinki. | 自赫尔辛基高峰会以后 俄国人帮了我们不少 |
[39:12] | They’ve further interrogated the Chechnyan… | 他们还进一步质问 该名车臣人犯 |
[39:14] | …who gave us the target alert in the first place. | 一开始就是他通报我们目标的 |
[39:17] | The prisoner says he worked with a Bahji operative who reported… | 该犯人说他与巴吉特务共事 上司是 |
[39:21] | To who? | 是谁? |
[39:23] | Abdul Shareef. | 阿布达夏利夫 |
[39:29] | Are you telling me the Qumari defense minister… | 你该不是告诉我 库玛国防部长 |
[39:32] | …may have ordered an attack on the Golden Gate Bridge? | 可能是下令攻击金门大桥的人? |
[39:35] | We’re not ready to say. | 我们还没准备好发言 |
[39:37] | – We have a diplomatic relationship. – Yes, sir. | -我们有外交关系 -是,长官 |
[39:39] | He’s coming here. | 他就要来这里了 |
[39:41] | Shareef is coming here in, like, 10 days, isn’t he? | 他就要来这里了 夏利夫再过十天就要来访 对吧? |
[39:43] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[39:45] | – Get ready to say. – Yes, sir. | -准备好发言 -是,长官 |
[39:47] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢 -谢谢,总统先生 |
[39:56] | This is Dawson, 8:09. I’ve got Flamingo. | 我是道森,8点09分 我接到火鹤了 |
[39:59] | – Jamie, could you give us a second? – Yes, ma’am. | -杰米,可以让我们独处一下吗? -是,女士 |
[40:01] | Come here. | 过来 |
[40:03] | – Me? – Yes. | -我? -对 |
[40:14] | What were you and Hogan talking about that you would tell me later? | 你跟荷根说改天再告诉我的 是什么事? |
[40:20] | I was on Eagle’s protection detail in Rosslyn. | 我是在罗斯林老鹰保护小组 |
[40:29] | – I didn’t know that. – No, it’s just… | -我不知道 -那只是 |
[40:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:34] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[40:36] | I just said, thank you. | 我只是说谢谢 |
[40:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:43] | Well, I should get going. Have a good night. | 我该走了,晚安 |
[40:47] | Good night. | 晚安 王薇薇拉 (致:茜洁葛瑞,自: (主题:王薇薇拉) (你穿王薇薇拉的晚礼服很美 我很高兴你买了那件衣服 接下来几天多穿它 因为你很快就要死了) |