时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | They take all the Henrys, do a thing, and call it War of the Roses. | 他们提到每一代的亨利国王 叫做玫瑰战争 |
[00:11] | I’m told by those who saw it it’s spectacular. | 看过的人都告诉我 表演非常精采 |
[00:13] | C.J. Cregg? I’m Special Agent Simon Donovan, Secret Service. | 茜洁葛瑞?我是密勤局的 特别探员西蒙唐诺文 |
[00:18] | – This is bad. – He leaked it to the press. | -这下糟了 -他透露给媒体 |
[00:21] | And I take full responsibility. | 我会负起全责 |
[00:23] | Isn’t Shareef helping us with intelligence out of Qumar? | 夏利夫不是应该提供 库马的情报? |
[00:26] | – He’s not. – Are you telling me… | -他没有 -你该不是要告诉我 |
[00:27] | …the Qumari defense minister ordered an attack on the Golden Gate Bridge? | 库马国防部长下令 攻击金门大桥? |
[00:31] | – We’re not ready to say. – Get ready to say. | -我们还没准备好发言 -那就去准备 剧名:我们杀了山本 |
[00:39] | First the money trail. Under interrogation from the FBI… | 我们追踪金钱来源 在联邦调查局调查下 (星期日早上) |
[00:43] | …we’ve been able to follow up on where Yossi received materials and financing. | 我们一直在追踪 育西的经济来源 |
[00:47] | An account in Yossi’s name received a $ 105,000 wire transfer… | 以育西名字登记的帐户 位于加州圣马刁 |
[00:52] | …on the first of last month at Seaside Trust in San Mateo, California. | 在上个月一号 汇入十万五千美元 |
[00:56] | Sir, the NSA echelon shows the money originating from an account… | 长官,国安理事会 显示金钱汇入来源 |
[00:59] | …at the Bank of Commercial Finance in Geneva. | 是日内瓦的商业银行 |
[01:02] | The account balance totals a little over 18 million… | 帐户余额大约有一千八百多万美元 |
[01:05] | …and we’ve determined that the account was opened… | 我们刚刚发现该帐户是由 |
[01:07] | …with a transfer from Star of the Lavant International. | 国际拉凡特之星的电汇开设的 |
[01:11] | Star of the Lavant International is a dummy corporation for Bank Al-Hassan. | 国际拉凡特之星 是艾尔哈珊银行的假公司 |
[01:16] | That’s where Colonel Lee takes over. | 是李上校接管的地方 |
[01:18] | The controlling partner at Bank Al-Hassan is Abdul-lbn Shareef… | 艾尔哈珊银行的代管部队 是阿布达比夏利夫 |
[01:22] | …minister of defense for the sultanate of Qumar. | 库马领土的国防部长 |
[01:27] | He’s gotta put everything in a blind trust when he’s elected. | 他当选时 必须把所有钱放在全权信托 |
[01:30] | The defense minister gets to own a bank? | 国防部长可以拥有一座银行? |
[01:32] | Leo, I think you’re gonna find that in any number of ways… | 里奥,我想你迟早会发现 |
[01:35] | …minister of defense is simply Mr. Shareef’s day job. | 国防部长只是夏利夫先生 白天的工作 |
[01:42] | Massive transfers of funds within one to two weeks of terrorist attacks. | 在恐怖份子攻击前一到两周 有大笔融资汇入 |
[01:46] | All the recipients being Bahji operatives. | 所有接收者都是巴吉特务 |
[01:49] | $97,000 to the King’s Bank of Tunisia before the embassy. | 突尼西亚国王银行 收到九万七千元 |
[01:52] | $65,000 to the Merchants Bank of the Saud… | 沙乌地商业银行收到六万五千元 |
[01:56] | …one week before the bombings in the Marine barracks. | 就在他们攻击海军军营前一周 |
[01:58] | Shareef had three suspects arrested in that case. | 夏利夫为该事件逮捕到三个嫌疑犯 |
[02:01] | Yes, sir. He identified them as three top-ranking intelligence officers… | 是,长官 三名嫌犯为情报单位高级官员 |
[02:06] | …and had them summarily executed. | 夏利夫已经将他们处决 |
[02:09] | So we couldn’t question them? | 所以我们不能质询他们? |
[02:12] | The bombs in Tunisia and Port of Alzoud were made by the same source. | 突尼西亚阿桑德港的炸弹 都是由同一个来源制造 |
[02:16] | We’ve identified the bomb signatures. | 我们已经分析出炸弹特性 |
[02:18] | Ammonium nitrate and fuel oil, with a dynamite trigger. | 硝酸铵与燃油以炸药引爆 |
[02:22] | There’s the witness of the Chechnyan the Russians have in custody. | 俄国人在车臣逮捕到一目击者 |
[02:26] | There’s Abdul Razi, Shareef’s son-in-law. | 他是阿布达拉西 夏利夫的女婿 |
[02:30] | And there’s the money trail. | 那就是金钱来源 |
[02:49] | – You haven’t got it. – Sir… | -你们重点没抓好 -长官 |
[02:52] | We wanna ask the Justice Department to indict the Qumari minister of defense. | 我们想要求司法部 起诉库马国防部长 |
[02:56] | We’re saying he’s a terror kingpin. | 我们说他是恐怖份子重要人物 |
[02:59] | We’re saying he’s killed I don’t know how many civilians and Marines. | 我们说他杀了不知道多少的 平民跟海军 |
[03:03] | We’re saying he’s compromised I don’t know how many agents. | 我们说他跟不知道多少个 情报单位妥协 |
[03:06] | And we’re saying he’s done it in the clothing of an ally. | 我们说他在同盟关系下 做了这些事 |
[03:10] | This isn’t a cave dweller. This is Capone. You haven’t got it. | 他不住在洞里 他是黑手党头头,你们还没抓住重点 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[04:18] | It’s confusing. There’s Van Morrison. She’s doing a scene from Flashdance. | 真叫人困惑,我看到范莫理森 正在表演《闪舞》的经典画面 |
[04:23] | All right, don ‘t be frightened. | 好吧,别被吓到 |
[04:24] | – You sure? -Yeah. | -你确定? -对 |
[04:27] | Listen, I’m sending you to Bismarck, okay? | 听着,我要派你去毕斯马克 好吗? |
[04:30] | You gotta go tomorrow and sit in on a DNC platform meeting. | 你明天就出发 出席一场全国民主党大会论坛 |
[04:34] | I’m sorry, hang on a second. | 抱歉,请等一下 |
[04:36] | Did you just say you were sending me to Bismarck? | 你刚刚说 要派我去毕斯马克? |
[04:38] | – Yeah. -North Dakota? | -对 -北达科塔? |
[04:40] | – Just overnight. – Am I being punished? | -对 -北达科塔? -一晚而已 -我被惩罚吗? |
[04:42] | -Just the opposite, my friend. – I’m being promoted? | -刚好相反,吾友 -我被升职了? |
[04:45] | I wouldn’t go that far. You’re speaking for the White House. | 有点太超过了 你要为白宫发言 |
[04:48] | The DNC’s having a platform meeting, and North Dakota wants… | 全国民主党大会要开一场论坛 北达科塔想 |
[04:52] | …to have a plank eliminating the word “North” from their name. | 提出一条政纲 把“北”这个字从州名中去掉 |
[04:56] | We take no state for granted. We wanna show North Dakota we care. | 我们不能忽视任何一州 我们希望让北达科塔知道我们在乎 |
[05:01] | You wanna show North Dakota you care, and so you’re sending me? | 制片:保罗瑞福 你要让北达科塔知道你在乎 所以你要派我去? |
[05:04] | It’s really very most grueling to do. I’ll write a statement and you’ll read it. | 这是重责大任 我会写好声明让你读 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 |
[05:08] | – Okay. – What are you doing at the office? | -好吧 -你在办公室做什么? |
[05:10] | I forgot to put your stuff together for Congressman Pimento. | 我忘了帮你准备 跟国会议员派特罗开会的资料 |
[05:14] | – Pintero? – Yes. | -派特罗? -对 |
[05:16] | I forgot I had that meeting. | 我都忘了那场会 |
[05:19] | – How does a person get to Bismarck? – The Iditarod, Donna. | -我要怎么去毕斯马克? -雪橇狗,唐娜 |
[05:22] | They have an airport. It’s the capital. | 他们有机场,那里是首都 |
[05:25] | -Are you coming here? – As soon as I get dressed. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 -你何时过来? -穿好衣服就来 |
[05:27] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[05:31] | Buttercup. | 小毛茛 |
[05:35] | You getting enough iron in your diet? | 你的铁质摄取足够吗? |
[05:38] | – You getting too much? – Exactly the right amount. | -摄取过量? -刚刚好 |
[05:42] | – Sunday with my man. – Quite a bit of Sunday with your man. | -星期天跟我的男人在一起 -跟你男人在一起够久了 |
[05:47] | – What happened? – I have to meet with Rick Pintero. | -怎么了? -我得见瑞克派特罗 |
[05:50] | We set it up yesterday. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[05:52] | It’s about reauthorization of the Welfare Reform Bill. | 我们昨天就订好了 关于重新批准 福利改革法案 |
[05:55] | You’ll miss the Werner Fassbinder Festival. | 你会错过华纳费斯百德节 |
[05:57] | And I’m pretty broken up about that, but this is right in your wheelhouse. | 我失望得不得了 但这事关你的工作内容 |
[06:01] | Poor women are counting on me. | 穷女人都靠我了 |
[06:03] | All women count on you, Josh. We find you godlike. | 所有女人都靠你了,乔西 我们认为你是神 |
[06:07] | I bought your birthday present already. | 我已经买好你的生日礼物了 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[06:13] | – Why have I been dancing? – Nobody really knows. | -为什么我一直在跳舞? -没人知道 导演:汤玛斯史兰姆 |
[06:26] | – Hey. | – Hey. Thanks for doing this on Sunday. -嗨 -谢谢你周日过来 |
[06:29] | – Yeah. – How you feeling? | -没什么 -你还好吧? |
[06:30] | – Fine. – She meant since the thing. | -还好 -她是说自从那件事之后 |
[06:33] | I screwed up. I’ve moved on. | 我搞砸了,但生活继续过 |
[06:35] | We’ve got something for you to take to Bruno. | 有件事希望你能跟布鲁诺谈 |
[06:38] | – And Leo too, it’s legislative. – What? | -还有里奥,关于立法院的事 -什么? |
[06:40] | What’s the biggest thing the president can do for environment? | 总统能为环境所做 最大的事是什么? |
[06:43] | – Save the Everglades. – Largest subtropical wilderness. | -拯救沼泽地 -最大的亚热带野生荒地 |
[06:46] | – They’re obviously in serious trouble. – What’s the plan? | -他们有麻烦了 -有何计划? |
[06:49] | An $8-billion, 20-year plan… | 有一个八十亿元、达二十年 |
[06:51] | …to restore the water flows and the wildlife. | 的计划能拯救水流与野生动物 |
[06:53] | – Eight billion? No sweat. – We know where the money comes from. | -八十亿?哇塞 -我们知道钱从哪来 |
[06:57] | The same place pollution does. | -哪来? -跟污染来源一样 |
[06:58] | The sugar industry. We end subsidies, which adds up to 8 billion. | 糖业,我们终止补助 就多了八十亿 |
[07:02] | It’s great for us, terrible for Ritchie and Florida is in play. | 对我们很好,对李奇很糟 对佛州是开玩笑 |
[07:05] | Even if we don’t win it, now he’s gotta spend time… | 就算我们没通过 他必须花时间 |
[07:08] | …he’s gotta spend money campaigning in his own state. | 花钱在自己的州打选战 |
[07:11] | No, I’m not taking it to Bruno, but thanks for coming in. | 不,我不要跟布鲁诺谈这件事 但谢谢你们过来 |
[07:14] | – Why? – I’m sorry? | -为什么? -什么? |
[07:15] | – Why aren’t you taking it to Bruno? – I like my job. | -你为什么不跟布鲁诺谈? -我喜欢我的工作 |
[07:18] | The sugar growers are Ritchie’s biggest supporter. | 制糖业者是李奇的最大支持者 |
[07:21] | It’ll look like we’re taxing our enemies. | 这会看起来像跟敌人课税 |
[07:23] | – Technically, it’s not a tax. – Thanks, guys. | -技术上来说,那不是税 -谢谢,两位 |
[07:30] | – Congressman. – Hey. | -议员 -嗨 |
[07:32] | I had it that we were doing this at your office. | 我们本来要在你办公室开会 |
[07:35] | – No, we said here. – My assistant set me straight. Come on. | -不,我们说在这里 -我助理订好了,请进 |
[07:38] | – Good afternoon. | – Good afternoon. -午安,议员 -午安 |
[07:39] | – I’m off to buy prairie gear. – It’s a city. You’ve been there. | -我要去买草原装备 -那是城市,你去过 |
[07:43] | I’ll call later. | 我待会打给你 |
[07:45] | – You seem frazzled. – We’ve been scheduled for a while… | -你看起来很累 -我们已经安排好 |
[07:48] | …to go to a Catholic Charities fundraiser in New York. | 去纽约参加天主教慈善组织募款餐会 |
[07:51] | – It’s the Royal National Company… – The War of the Roses. | -皇家国家剧团 -玫瑰战争 |
[07:54] | Cathy and I saw it in London. It’s fantastic. | 凯西跟我在伦敦看过 很精彩 |
[07:56] | It’s like no Shakespeare you’ve ever seen. There’s music. They sing. | 完全不像你看过的莎士比亚 他们还唱歌 |
[08:00] | And that’s great, but I’ve just been told that Governor Ritchie is coming as well. | 那很好啊,可是我听说 州长李奇也要去 |
[08:05] | – So it becomes a different thing. – You gotta tell Toby Ziegler. | -所以这下事情就不一样了 -你得跟托比齐格说 |
[08:08] | – Yeah. But what do you got? – The 25 votes you need… | -对,有什么消息? -你们需要的25票 |
[08:11] | …to move the Working Toward Independence Act out of committee. | 把工作促进独立法 从委员会取消了 |
[08:16] | – How? – The president has to compromise. | -怎么会? -总统必须妥协 |
[08:19] | – We can’t cave on childcare. – You get a billion more in childcare. | -我们不能从儿童看护拿钱 -你们会在儿童看护拿到十亿 |
[08:22] | – Billion? – For a trade. | -十亿? -有交换条件 |
[08:24] | – What? – 300 million more for marriage incentives. | -是什么? -三亿的鼓励结婚计划 |
[08:26] | And we raise the work requirements to 38 hours a week. | 我们还要把工作时数提高到 一周38小时 |
[08:29] | – The marriage incentives… – It’s the only way. | -鼓励结婚计划 -那是唯一的办法 |
[08:32] | – Marriage incentives are terrible. – It’s the only way. | -鼓励结婚计划很糟 -那是唯一的办法 |
[08:37] | Let me talk about it around here. | 让我跟这里的人说说看 |
[08:39] | Okay. Hey, you’re gonna love that show. | 好吧 对了,你会喜欢那部戏的 |
[08:43] | Yeah, I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks. | 我非常期待,谢谢 |
[08:54] | I will do it again. | 我会再下手 |
[08:59] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:10] | I’ve been seeing a shrink, by the way. | 我看了心理医师 |
[09:13] | I had trouble sleeping, and Leo brought in a guy. | 我有失眠问题 里奥带了一个人进来 |
[09:17] | I feel ridiculous talking out loud like this, but he said… . | 这么大声说出来,我觉得很荒谬 但是他说 |
[09:22] | It doesn’t matter. I just can’t believe it’s been a year. | 那不重要 我只是不敢相信已经一年了 |
[09:29] | Anyway. | 就这样 (亨利蓝丁汉德洛斯) |
[09:42] | – What is it? – It can wait till we get back. | -怎么了? -我们回去再说 |
[09:45] | What is it? | 怎么回事? |
[09:47] | – This isn’t the place. – Leo. | -地点不对 -里奥 |
[09:50] | Shareef had a meeting with two Muslim clerics in Bechar. | 夏利夫在巴夏 跟两个回教神职人员开会 |
[09:54] | We picked up the meeting by aiming an IR laser beam… | 我们利用情报雷射光束 在窗户外四百尺 |
[09:57] | …at the windows from 400 feet. | 用红外线雷射光束窃听到整场会议 |
[10:00] | Three different Arabic experts worked on the translation. | 三位不同的阿拉伯专家 分别做出翻译 |
[10:08] | “The enemy imagines he’s secure. The bridge did not fall. | “敌人以为自己很安全 桥没有倒下 |
[10:11] | He looks down from his high or elevated place or places… | 他从高处往下看 或从各地俯瞰 |
[10:15] | …but our victory is still assured. There will be other moments.” | 但我们的胜利在望 还有更好的时机” |
[10:19] | Meaning times, places or opportunities. | 代表其他时机、地点或机会 |
[10:22] | “I have brought him low, and I will do it again.” | “我已经打击过他 我会再下手” |
[10:26] | All right. | 好吧 (星期一) |
[10:46] | They can’t be in the same room. It elevates him. It diminishes us. | 他们不能待在同一个房间 会提高他的声望,降低我们的声望 |
[10:50] | Now he’s one of two guys tossing a job application. | 他们就会变成 填工作申请表的两个竞争者 |
[10:53] | It gives him access to a massive press. | 这会让他拥有 大量媒体曝光率 |
[10:55] | How do we get out? We’ll look impolite and chicken. | 我们要怎么抽身? 这看起来很无礼又懦弱 |
[10:58] | – We could ask Ritchie not to go. – How? | -我们可以叫李奇别去 -怎么叫? |
[11:00] | – Ask politely. – Tell him the show isn’t good. | -有礼貌地请求 -告诉他戏不好看 |
[11:02] | – We don’t think he’s gonna like it. – That’s what we do. | -我们觉得他不会喜欢 -就这么做 |
[11:05] | We don’t go. We pull out. | 我们不去,我们放弃 |
[11:08] | Better to look chicken than to get broasted, my mom says. | 被认为懦弱总比被钻屁股好 我妈说的 |
[11:11] | What’s”broasted”? | 什么是“钻屁股”? |
[11:13] | I’ve never really known, but it’s what they do to chickens. | 我从来没搞懂 不过那是人们对鸡做的事 |
[11:17] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[11:20] | – I don’t know. – You think we don’t go, right? | -我不知道 -你也认为我们不去对吧? |
[11:23] | – Yeah. – All right, we don’t go. | -对 -好吧,我们不去 |
[11:25] | The president’s gonna have to call the archbishop. | 总统必须打电话给大主教 |
[11:27] | I was looking forward to it. | 我很期待那场戏的 |
[11:29] | – What? – The show. | -什么? -那场戏 |
[11:31] | It’s five hours of King Henrys with musical interludes and a dinner break. | 那只是长达五小时的亨利国王 穿插音乐剧还有晚餐 |
[11:35] | You should come to my house and perform it for me. | 你应该到我家表演一场 |
[11:39] | We’re done. | 结束了 |
[11:42] | – Sam? – Yeah. | -山姆? -怎样 |
[11:43] | I talked to Jane and Muriel this morning, and they said they came to you… | 我今早跟珍还有米罗谈过 他们说她们昨天找过你 |
[11:47] | …yesterday with something about the Everglades and you shut the door. | 谈沼泽地的事 然后你把门关上 |
[11:51] | – Yeah. – They seemed pretty excited. | -对 -她们好像很兴奋 |
[11:53] | – You sure you don’t want it? – Look it over. | -你确定你不想要 -你可以自己看看 |
[11:55] | – No. If you say so. – Okay. | -不,你说就算 -好吧 |
[12:01] | This is ridiculous. He’s coming here. He’s coming here! | 这真是荒谬 他就要来这里了! |
[12:05] | – Why the hell can’t we arrest him? – It’s a breach of diplomatic immunity. | -我们为什么不能逮捕他? -这违反外交豁免权 |
[12:09] | It’s our own Diplomatic Relations Act 22 U.S.C. 254. | 这是我们自己的外交法 美国宪法第254条22章 |
[12:13] | “No foreign government…” | “任何外国政府” |
[12:14] | At what point do you forfeit diplomatic status? | 你何时会丧失外交地位? |
[12:17] | Reasonable point. Doesn’t it go without saying… | 适当的时机,难道他不会 |
[12:20] | …that I revoked it after he tried to blow up the Golden Gate Bridge? | 在炸掉金门大桥后 自动失去外交地位? |
[12:22] | It doesn’t go without saying. Now, immunity can be set aside. | 他会自动丧失外交地位 现在先把豁免权摆一旁 |
[12:26] | But it means making our case to the sultan. | 但我们就得跟苏丹国王谈 |
[12:28] | – You can’t do that. – We have no extradition treaty. | -你不能那么做 -我们没有引渡条约 |
[12:31] | Why the hell do we need…? He’s coming here on his own. | 我们为什么需要? 他要自己过来这里了 |
[12:34] | He’s delivering himself in a Learjet. | 用飞机把自己送过来 |
[12:36] | Still means setting aside immunity. | 你还是忽略了豁免权 |
[12:38] | Which means a conversation with the sultan. | 意即我们可能要跟苏丹谈 |
[12:41] | We can’t talk to the sultan, David. | 我们不能跟苏丹谈,大卫 |
[12:43] | Shareef is a member of the royal family. The sultan’s his brother. | 夏利夫是皇室家族 苏丹是他哥哥 |
[12:46] | We wanna lock him up. I don’t think he’s gonna warm to it. | 如果我们要把他关起来 我不认为苏丹会坐视不管 |
[12:51] | Plus, we’re never gonna see Shareef again. | 而且,我们再也不会见到夏利夫 |
[12:56] | We could explore working with treaties signed with Britain… | 我们可以利用 跟大英帝国签的合约 |
[12:59] | …when Qumar was a protectorate. Now, Qumar has historically rejected… | 当库马还在它保护下时签的 现在库马曾经拒绝 |
[13:02] | That’s fine. It doesn’t matter what they’ve rejected. Shareef is coming here. | 那无妨,不论他们拒绝什么 夏利夫就要来这里了 |
[13:07] | Have an answer for us by tomorrow. | 准备好明天的说辞 |
[13:10] | Fellas, this guy is gonna stand trial in a U.S. court… | 各位,这家伙要站在美国法庭 接受审判 |
[13:14] | …and if we have to stick heroin on his plane to get him… | 如果我们必须把海洛英 塞进他的飞机好逮捕他 |
[13:17] | …that’s what we’re gonna do. | 我们就这么干 |
[13:28] | – Agent 99. – Good morning. | -99号探员 -早安 |
[13:29] | I want you to tell me, what are you people doing to catch the guy? | 我要你告诉我 你们这些人要怎么抓那家伙? |
[13:33] | We’re doing all the things that we do. | 我们会做我们该做的事 |
[13:35] | I haven’t been happy with any of your answers. | 目前为止你的答案都让我很不满意 |
[13:38] | You’ve done a pretty good job concealing your dissatisfaction. | 目前为止你压抑不满的方法挺成功 |
[13:41] | So far, the OPR, after examining your hard drive… | 情报室检查过你的硬碟后 |
[13:44] | …has determined that he or she attached a virus to the e-mails sent to you. | 发现有人将病毒 附加到寄给你的邮件上 |
[13:49] | It’s a Trojan horse application, and once installed… | 叫做特洛伊木马程式 一旦被安装 |
[13:52] | …allows the perpetrator to record all your inputs. | 犯罪者就能纪录你所有的输入 |
[13:54] | – He read my e-mails. – That’s how he knew where you shop. | -他读我的电子邮件 -所以他才知道你去购物 |
[13:57] | – You traded e-mails with Hogan. – He knew I was shopping? | -你寄电子邮件给荷根 -他知道我在购物? |
[13:59] | – He was there. – How do you know? | -他也在那里 -你怎么知道? |
[14:02] | He thought you looked good in the black Vera Wang. | 他认为你穿王薇薇的晚礼服很美 |
[14:05] | – I don’t wanna know this. – That’s why I don’t tell you. | -我不想知道这件事 -所以我才没告诉你 |
[14:08] | – You just did. – You asked me. | -你才刚告诉我 -你问我的 |
[14:10] | – The one time you answer… – Are you going to your gym? | -就那么一次你回答我的问题 -你要去健身房吗? |
[14:13] | – What? – You working out? | -什么? -你健身吗? |
[14:15] | – You said you wanna have gin tonight. – No. | -你说你今晚想喝琴酒 -不 |
[14:18] | I can’t go to my gym, it’s flooded. | 我不能去我的健身房 人太多了 |
[14:20] | – The White House gym? – Closes at 7. | -白宫健身房? -七点关门 |
[14:21] | Use ours. It’s just a couple blocks. | 用我们的,只隔几条街 |
[14:23] | – Is it a good gym? – Yes, it’s a… | -设备好吗? -很好 |
[14:27] | – We run alongside moving cars. – You don’t have to get snobby about it. | -我们跟街上的车一起跑步 -你不必那么神气 |
[14:33] | – Would you like to use our gym? – Yes, thank you. | -你愿意用我们的健身房吗? -是的,谢谢 |
[14:40] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[14:50] | It should be a showcase. He should have the best lawyers in the world. | 这会像一场展示会 他会带全世界最好的律师过来 |
[14:53] | We gotta make sure he lands at Dulles and not BWI. | 我们必须确定他降落在达拉斯机场 而不是巴尔地摩华盛顿机场 |
[14:56] | – Why? – That’s the court that’ll have jurisdiction. | -为什么? -我们才有司法管辖权 |
[14:59] | – The law cracks me up. – I know. | -法律让我发噱 -我知道 |
[15:01] | – What else? – Josh met with Rick Pintero yesterday… | -还有什么事? -乔西昨天跟瑞克派特罗见面 |
[15:04] | …on the Working Toward Independence Act. | 谈工作促进独立法的事 |
[15:06] | You suppose that could be any more patronizingly named? | 你觉得那名字 可以再更狗腿一点吗? |
[15:10] | When we’re talking welfare, that ship’s pretty much sailed. | 当我们谈到社会福利时 也差不多成定局了 |
[15:13] | – What do they want me to eat? – 300 million for marriage incentives. | -他们要我妥协什么? -三亿的鼓励结婚计划 |
[15:16] | The marriage incentives. What a bunch of horse manure. | 鼓励结婚计划 真是一堆马粪 |
[15:19] | Is marriage really something that should be incentivized? | 婚姻是应该鼓励的事情吗? |
[15:23] | Where are all the small-government conservatives… | 当华府变成婚姻仲介所时 |
[15:25] | …when we’re talking about Washington getting into the yenta business? | 这些小政府保守派都到哪去了? |
[15:29] | – Should we do it? – Swallow the pill. | -我们该做吗? -做了吧 |
[15:31] | Our own caucus won’t discuss it. It does more good than harm. | 我们的党政会议不会提出来讨论 好处比坏处多 |
[15:34] | Marriage incentives. | 鼓励结婚计划 |
[15:35] | Used to be all you needed was a decent dental practice. | 从前人们只需要优秀的牙医 |
[15:38] | You didn’t grow up in the Catskills. | 你又不是在卡茨基尔山长大 |
[15:40] | – I’m erudite. – Yes. | -我是博学之人 -没错 |
[15:42] | – Let’s do it. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -就这么做吧 -谢谢,总统先生 |
[15:45] | – Charlie. – Yes, sir. | -查理 -是,长官 |
[15:46] | I appreciated you coming to the cemetery with me. | 谢谢你昨天陪我去墓园 |
[15:49] | – Yes, sir. – So it’s been a year. | -是,长官 -已经过一年了 |
[15:51] | Why don’t you organize the search for a new executive secretary. | 你可以开始搜寻新的执行秘书了 |
[15:56] | Yes, sir. Absolutely. | 是,长官,没问题 |
[15:57] | I may not like the first couple of candidates. It may take a while. | 我可能不会喜欢前几个候选人 我可能需要一点时间 |
[16:01] | No, I don’t imagine we’re actually gonna hire somebody, but this is a step. | 我也不认为我们真的会雇用任何人 但这是应该要踏出的一步 |
[16:05] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢 -谢谢,总统先生 |
[16:12] | “Eliminating the term ‘North’ from North Dakota is an important state issue… | 把“北”这个字从达科塔去掉 是一个重要的州议题 |
[16:16] | …and the president feels it should be resolved on a state level. | 总统认为 应该以州等级来解决 |
[16:19] | While the president is sympathetic… | 总统非常同情 |
[16:22] | …and understands the large economic ramifications of this name change… | 并了解因为这个名字变更 所带来的庞大经济效益 |
[16:26] | …he feels the issue is not yet ripe for national attention. | 但他认为此问题还未成熟 到足以引起国家注意 |
[16:30] | The president wishes you well and thanks you for your support.” | 总统敬祝各位平安 并谢谢你们的支持 |
[16:34] | Miss Moss, are you aware that studies clearly show… | 摩斯小姐 你知道研究显示 |
[16:36] | …the word”North” leaves impressions that this state is cold and flat… | “北”这个字 会让人有寒冷跟平坦的印象 |
[16:40] | …significantly depressing tourism and business startup? | 并大幅减少旅游业与商业发展? |
[16:44] | Due respect, your average temperature is 7 degrees… | 恕我冒犯,你们的平均温是七度 |
[16:47] | …your average snowfall, 42 inches, and a name change won’t take care of that. | 平均积雪是42寸 就算改名也改不了事实 |
[16:51] | We enjoy roughly the same climate as South Dakota. | 我们跟南达科塔的气候完全一样 |
[16:54] | We took in 73.7 million in tourism revenue last year. | 我们去年在旅游业 只赚了7370万美元 |
[16:58] | They took in 1.2 billion. They have the word”South.” | 他们赚了12亿 因为他们有“南”这个字 |
[17:03] | Also, Mount Rushmore. | 他们另外还有总统巨石山 |
[17:05] | – Is the White House behind this or not? – Please, let me be clear again. | -白宫到底支不支持我们? -请让我再澄清一次 |
[17:10] | I have very narrow parameters in terms of representing the White House. | 我代表白宫的权限不足 |
[17:14] | I’m an assistant to Josh Lyman, and I was sent here to read a statement. | 我只是乔西赖曼的助理 我被派来这里朗读声明 |
[17:34] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[17:38] | – Something smells great. – There’s going to be stew. | -闻起来好香 -我们要吃炖肉 |
[17:41] | – It’s ready? We can eat it? – I’m cooking it for the fourth time. | -煮好了?可以吃了吗? -这是我第四次煮它 |
[17:44] | – The beef is well-done? – Burnt. | -牛肉全熟? -焦了 |
[17:46] | – The peas? – Baby peas. | -豌豆? -小豌豆 |
[17:49] | – The carrots? – Soft. | -萝�N? -柔软 |
[17:51] | – Potatoes? – Cute. | -马铃薯? -可爱 |
[17:53] | – Gravy? – Well spiced, much like myself. | -淋酱? -充满香料,跟我一样 |
[17:57] | Oh, this is gonna be a good night. | 今晚会非常美好 |
[17:59] | My woman, a fine stew and a Mets game on national TV. | 我的女人,一锅好炖肉 还有电视转播的大都会球赛 |
[18:04] | – You see how I slipped that last one in? – I saw. | -你看到我投最后一球了? -我看到了 |
[18:07] | – You listening to Van Morrison again? – It’s the radio. | -你又在听范莫里森了? -那是广播 |
[18:10] | You never said how the meeting with Pintero went. | 你还没说你跟派特罗的会开得怎样 |
[18:13] | Well, good. | 很好 |
[18:16] | – They’re gonna vote it out of committee? – We’re getting a billion for childcare. | -他们要表决把法案移出委员会? -我们会在儿童看护得到十亿 |
[18:20] | What do you have to give the Republicans for $ 1 billion? | 你们要给共和党什么 做为十亿的交换条件? |
[18:23] | Three hundred million for marriage incentives. | 三亿的鼓励结婚计划 |
[18:27] | You mean like subscriptions to Bride and Groom? | 你是说鼓励订购新娘杂志? |
[18:30] | – No. The marriage incentives are… – I know what marriage incentives are. | -不,鼓励结婚计划是 -我知道鼓励结婚计划是什么 |
[18:34] | – Let’s not do this. – Cash bonuses to moms on welfare… | -别这样 -如果母亲嫁给孩子的父亲 |
[18:37] | …who marry the child’s father, canceling out child support debts if the… | 可得到津贴 并可取消扶养之负债,如果 |
[18:41] | You know what? Every single study shows kids do better in two-parent… | 你知道吗? 所有研究都显示,儿童在双亲照料下 |
[18:45] | Kids are better off raised by parents who love them. | 儿童在爱他们的双亲照料下 才会过得比较好 |
[18:48] | – Your solution is loveless. – It’s not my solution! | -你们的法案没有爱 -那不是我们的法案! |
[18:51] | Does my government really believe that the law can create a family? | 我的政府真的相信 法律可以造就家庭? |
[18:55] | Do these old fat-ass men really believe that if they just pay people… | 这些老混帐真的相信 如果你付人们钱 |
[18:59] | …to act like Leave It to Beaver, everything is fine? | 大家都像电视剧中那样生活 一切就会没事? |
[19:01] | Did you think the person in my job was gonna sit? | 你认为担任我种工作的人 会坐视不管? |
[19:04] | This is about collecting votes from white men. | 这只是在收集白种男性的选票 |
[19:07] | If we don’t get elected, I promise you… | 如果我们没被选上 我向你保证 |
[19:09] | …President Ritchie is gonna have a lot less sympathy for your agenda. | 李奇总统对女性问题的关心 比我们少太多了 |
[19:13] | – This bill isn’t gonna pass. – It is. It’s locked up. | -这法案不会通过 -会,已经讲好了 |
[19:16] | – American Children’s Alliance is behind it. – Not for long. It’s me. | -美国儿童联盟也支持 -不会太久是我,史考特 |
[19:19] | Everyone should stay there. | 大家待在原地 |
[19:21] | I need Legislative to put together a meeting with Regina King. | 我要立法委员跟雷吉娜金 安排一场会议 |
[19:24] | – We’re back to work. – I wanna shoot calls… | -我们回去工作了 -我要打电话给 |
[19:27] | …to the Congressional Women’s Caucus… | 国会女性议员党政会议 |
[19:29] | …the CRA and all of Matty’s people. | 女性联盟跟所有玛蒂的人 |
[19:33] | The marriage incentives are in the welfare reauthorization and its committee. | 鼓励结婚计划包括在社会福利 重新批准跟委员会里 |
[19:38] | Hold on. Can you call Robinson? | 等等,可以帮我打给罗宾森吗? |
[19:42] | Yeah, it’s Josh. The secretary of labor’s in Chicago… | 我是乔西 劳工部长在芝加哥 |
[19:44] | Tell him I’m calling in the IOU on prenatal health care. | 告诉他我从公共事业部打给他 关于产前健康看护 |
[19:48] | Hold on. I’m sorry, honey, that was an accident. | 等等,抱歉,蜜糖 那是意外 |
[19:51] | There’s a pay phone on the corner, although it’s been out of order a while. | 街角有一个公共电话 不过已经坏掉很久了 |
[19:56] | Get Kate Feldon with the Society of Businesswomen. | 叫凯特费登去找女性商会 |
[19:59] | She’s spinning now, so keep trying. I’m on my way. Let’s get to work. | 她正在谈,继续试 我在路上了,开始工作 |
[20:02] | Put Janeane on the phone. I’ll hold. | 叫珍妮听电话,我等 |
[20:06] | Janeane, it’s me. Let’s suit up. | 珍妮,是我,准备工作了 |
[20:16] | Right now, we have a unique opportunity to re-examine our economy… | 现在,我们有难得的机会 重新审视经济面 |
[20:20] | …and mindset and develop strategies to maximize our state’s strengths… | 与大众看法,并开发新策略 并充分利用本州能力 |
[20:25] | …and resources to generate new business. | 与资源来催生新事业 |
[20:28] | The key strategy being to remove the negative image of the state… | 关键策略就是移除 本州的负面形象 |
[20:32] | …by establishing a more inviting state name: Dakota. | 建立更令人向往的州名: 达科塔 |
[20:36] | Okay, we’ll adjourn for the night and pick this up tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. | 好吧,我们今晚暂时休会 明早8点继续开会 |
[20:42] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢各位 |
[20:46] | – You did very well. – Thank you. I just read what I was given. | -你做得很好 -谢谢,我只是朗读声明 |
[20:51] | No, you answered the questions with a lot of poise. | 不,你回答问题非常稳重 |
[20:53] | – Thank you. – Speaking of questions… | -谢谢 -说到问题 |
[20:55] | …how’s my friend Sam doing? – Fine. I’ll let him know you asked. | -我的老友山姆还好吧? -很好,我会转告他你的问候 |
[20:59] | – I meant since the videotape. – Fine. | -我是指录影带事件以后 -很好 |
[21:02] | I shouldn’t be reading into the fact that they sent you and not him? | 他们派你来而没派他 应该没有别的意思吧? |
[21:06] | – Oh, God, no. Mr. Chairman… – Harry. | -天哪,不,主席先生 -叫我哈利 |
[21:08] | – I’m sorry if this sounds insulting, but… – It’s not on Seaborn’s radar. | -如果冒犯您我先道歉,但是 -这里没有希朋监视着 |
[21:12] | I’m senior assistant, he’s a senior counselor. | 我是资深助理 他是资深顾问 |
[21:14] | Difference between me and Sam is the difference between me… | 我跟山姆之间的差异 就像我跟 |
[21:17] | …and the second baseman for the Yankees. | 洋基球队二垒球员的差异 |
[21:19] | He took one in the teeth, that’s all. | 他被正面打击,就这样 |
[21:21] | All right. Tell him Harry Conroy says, “Get up off the dirt.” | 好吧,告诉他哈利康洛伊说 “赶快爬起来吧” |
[21:25] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 (射击场) |
[21:35] | – You guys have a shooting range? – Yeah. How was the workout? | -你们有射击场? -有啊,运动得如何? |
[21:38] | – Good. – Home? | -很好 -要回家了吗? |
[21:40] | Let me try one of those. | 让我试试这个 |
[21:42] | – One of what? – A gun. | -试试什么? -枪 |
[21:43] | – Shooting? – Let me see what all the fuss is about. | -射击? -让我瞧瞧枪战是什么样子 |
[21:46] | – Have you ever shot a gun before? – Yeah. | -你以前开过枪吗? -有啊 |
[21:48] | – What kind? – Well, I haven’t shot one as much… | -哪种? -跟我在电影里 |
[21:51] | …as I’ve seen others shoot them in the movies. | 看过别人开的枪比起来 我一枪都还没开过 |
[22:03] | – You guys use bull’s-eyes? – Yeah. | -你们用红心枪靶? -对 |
[22:05] | I thought you’d use those outlines of people. | 我以为你们用人形枪靶 |
[22:07] | We have those too. | 我们也有那种 |
[22:09] | If someone comes for you, they don’t have a bull’s-eye. | 如果有人射击你 他们身上可没有红心 |
[22:12] | – They do if I’m guarding you. – Tough talk. I like that. | -当我保护你时,他们就有 -真强悍,我喜欢 |
[22:15] | – Give me your gun. – Let me get you a.25 caliber. | -给我你的枪 -我拿把点25口径给你 |
[22:17] | – What’s wrong with yours? – It’s a.357 magnum. | -你的怎么了? -这是点357大口径手枪 |
[22:20] | – I’ve heard of that. That’s a good brand. – Yes. | -我听过,很棒的牌子 -对 |
[22:23] | Let’s go. I’m feeling twitchy. | 来吧,我跃跃欲试 |
[22:25] | That’s good news for me. | 那是好消息 |
[22:30] | – Don’t come close to pointing it at me. – This is cool. | -别靠近到指着我 -好酷 |
[22:35] | – I’m gonna hold your shoulder. – I don’t need training wheels. | -我会支撑住你的肩膀 -我不需要辅助轮 |
[22:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:42] | Be careful. That.357 has got a bit of a kick. | 小心,点357的后座力很强 |
[22:46] | – That thing practically broke my arm. – Yeah. | -这东西几乎断了我的手臂 -是啊 |
[22:50] | I’ve been wrong about guns. Just hand these out to the criminals. | 我对枪的看法错了 把这东西给罪犯吧 |
[22:54] | You wanna go home now? | 你要回家了吗? |
[22:56] | – What do you got? – I’m sorry? | -你有什么能耐? -什么? |
[22:59] | Marksmanship-wise. | 射击高手的智慧 |
[23:01] | I can fire a gun without falling down, if that’s what you mean. | 我可以开枪而不倒地 如果那是你的意思 |
[23:05] | Show me what you got. I’ll tell you what. | 让我看看你的能耐 这样好了 |
[23:08] | I’ll make it interesting. You get five bullets. | 我会让整件事更好玩 你有五颗子弹 |
[23:10] | If you can’t land in the middle, I get to drive my car. | 如果你打不中红心 我就自己开车回家 |
[23:13] | That makes it interesting for you. | 那对你来说会很好玩 |
[23:15] | Come on. One dead center, I never bother you about it again. | 来嘛,正中红心 我再也不烦你 |
[23:18] | – Okay. | – Okay. -好吧 -好吧 |
[23:20] | – Plus, say something nice to me. – Something nice? | -而且,还要对我说好话 -好听的话? |
[23:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[23:26] | – Okay. – All right. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[23:28] | Wait. That was a trick. You know you can do it. Put three in the middle. | 等等,那是陷阱 你知道你办得到,只准中三颗 |
[23:33] | – Three? – Three out of five. You wanna back out? | -三颗? -五颗中三颗,你要退出吗? |
[23:36] | No, I’m worried about what I’m gonna do with the other two. | 不,我只是担心 另外两颗要怎么办 |
[23:39] | – I’ll be working against muscle memory. – Look, if you wanna back… | -那跟我的肌肉记忆相抵触 -听着,如果你想退 |
[23:55] | That’s what I call dead center. | 那就叫做红心 |
[24:00] | – What happened to the other two? – What do you mean? | -另外两颗怎么了? -什么意思? |
[24:03] | There were five bullets, and I don’t believe it. | 总共有五颗子弹 我真不敢相信 |
[24:08] | Three dead center. | 三颗正中红心 |
[24:10] | How do you shoot like that? | 你怎么办到的? |
[24:13] | They give us lessons. | 我们上过这种课 |
[24:15] | I don’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[24:19] | Well? | 那么? |
[24:22] | Yes. Yes. | 是是 |
[24:31] | – I like that you’re tall. – You do? | -我喜欢你比我高 -真的? |
[24:36] | Makes me feel more feminine. | 让我觉得更女性化 |
[24:40] | I’m gonna go change. | 我要去换衣服了 |
[24:52] | Hot, hot, hot! | 烫烫烫! (星期二) |
[25:01] | Come in. | 请进 |
[25:03] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[25:05] | – Hi. – You got a minute? | -嗨 -你有时间吗? |
[25:07] | – What do you need? – The president’s ready to hire a secretary. | -你需要什么? -总统准备好要雇新秘书了 |
[25:10] | – That’s good. – He asked me to start a search. | -很好 -他要我开始找人 |
[25:13] | I thought about Elizabeth Etcheberry, but the German accent. | 我想过伊莉莎白艾柏利 但是她有德国口音 |
[25:17] | And Beverly Casey’s been secretary to two ambassadors. | 贝佛莉凯西曾当过两位大使的秘书 |
[25:20] | Sue Po, who worked for the head of the OPM. | 苏波曾为人事管理局局长工作过 |
[25:22] | Jerry Walters, but I don’t think he’s gonna be comfortable with a man. | 杰瑞华特 但是我想他可能不太喜欢男秘书 |
[25:26] | You’ll find somebody. | 你会找到人的 |
[25:28] | – How have you been? – Fine. | -你还好吧? -很好 |
[25:29] | Okay. If you think of anybody in the middle of the night… | 好吧,如果你半夜忽然想到 某个人选的话 |
[25:33] | Yeah. | 好 |
[25:44] | We spent millions of dollars developing a pen for the astronauts… | 我们花了上百万 研究出太空人用的笔 |
[25:47] | …that would work in zero gravity. Know what the Russians did? | 能在无重力下使用 你知道俄国人怎么做吗? |
[25:51] | – Used a pencil? – They used a pencil. | -用铅笔? -他们用铅笔 |
[25:54] | – What do you need? – We’re here separately. | -你们需要什么? -我们是各自来的 |
[25:56] | – This is a coincidence. – Okay. | -这只是巧合 -好吧 |
[25:59] | We have to move faster on the welfare bill. | 我们的福利法案必须快点通过 |
[26:01] | – You told me we were fine. – We are fine. | -你说我们没有问题 -我们没有问题 |
[26:04] | The women’s groups will have their day. | 女性团体会出来阻扰 |
[26:06] | – The women’s groups? – One particular women’s group. | -女性团体? -某个女性团体 |
[26:09] | Josh, is there nothing you can do to tame that woman? | 乔西,难道你就不能 驯服那女人? |
[26:12] | – How scared should I be? – Not at all. | -我该担心吗? -完全不用 |
[26:14] | – It’s gonna be fine? – Yeah. | -会没事吧? -对 |
[26:16] | – That’s a body blow, we lose the vote. – We’re not gonna lose the floor vote. | -那是一大打击,我们会丧失全院表决 -我们不会丧失全院表决 |
[26:21] | You? | 你呢? |
[26:24] | President needs to tell the archbishop he can’t be at the fundraiser. | 总统需要打电话给大主教 说他不能参加慈善晚会 |
[26:27] | – I know. – He needs a reason. | -我知道 -他需要理由 |
[26:29] | We’ll use the same thing we were gonna use with Chigorin. | 我们就用上次本来要取消跟 齐格林见面的借口 |
[26:32] | That’s exactly what we do. No, this is it. It takes care… | 我们就这么做 不,就是这件事 |
[26:35] | We get the leadership to schedule the welfare vote for next week… | 我们要主席安排在下周 投票表决福利法案 |
[26:39] | …on the day we’re supposed to be in New York. | 就在我们要去纽约的那天 |
[26:42] | We can’t go because of the vote, and the early vote gives Amy no time to mobilize. | 因为要表决,我们不能离开 而且早点投票能让爱咪没时间动员 |
[26:46] | – Done. – This is good. | -就这样 -很好 |
[26:47] | Toby, an encouraging word from you to Sam wouldn’t be out of line. | 托比,你跟山姆说点鼓励的话 不算过份吧 |
[26:51] | – Sam doesn’t need to be patronized. – It’d make him feel better. | -山姆不需要安抚 -能让他觉得好过点 |
[26:55] | I don’t want him feeling better. I want him feeling mad. | 我不要让他觉得好过点 我要他愤怒 |
[26:58] | Is there anyone you’d rather have as a blood enemy less than Sam? | 还有谁比山姆 更适合当一个怒血沸腾的敌人? |
[27:02] | – That’s how I want him. – You know, it was a screwup… | -那就是我要他的原因 -我知道他搞砸了 |
[27:05] | …but I gotta say I love the way he did it full-speed. Bam. | 但是我喜欢他全力冲刺的方式 |
[27:09] | Like there’s a Sam Seaborn-shaped hole in the wall. | 就像墙上有一个 山姆希朋人形的洞 |
[27:16] | – They’ve got something for us. – Who? | -他们有新消息要报告 -谁? |
[27:20] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[27:32] | Ten-hut. | 敬礼 |
[27:35] | – Did we solve immunity? – Sir… | -豁免权的事解决了吗? -长官 |
[27:37] | – Did we solve it? – Yes, sir. But it doesn’t matter. | -解决了吗? -是,长官,但那不重要 |
[27:40] | – Why? – The judge would throw out the case. | -为什么? -法官会驳回该案 |
[27:42] | The chain of evidence leading us to Shareef… | 一连串指向夏利夫的证据 |
[27:45] | …originates with the testimony of the Chechnyan prisoner. | 都是来自车臣人犯的证词 |
[27:48] | – Yeah. – His testimony was reached… | -然后呢? -他的证词 |
[27:51] | …after prolonged physical abuse by Russian soldiers. | 是在俄国士兵严刑拷打下取得的 |
[27:58] | – He was tortured? – Yes, sir. | -他被虐待? -是,长官 |
[28:02] | Well, I’m no lawyer, but I’m pretty sure that’s inadmissible. | 我不是律师 但我很确定这是不能被接受的 |
[28:06] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[28:17] | We’ll come up with a less aggressive way. | 我们必须想一个 比较温和的方法 |
[28:20] | We’ll cancel his trip here, obviously, but we’ll come up with something. | 我们取消他的访问行程 但我们必须想别的办法 |
[28:29] | That’s the ball game. | 这就是政治游戏 |
[29:30] | – This is always when you say something. – No. | -你开口讲点话吧 -不 |
[29:35] | No. | 不 |
[29:38] | Have you changed shampoo? | 你换洗发精了? |
[29:41] | You have. I can tell because your hair seems bouncy and more manageable. | 你换了,我看的出来 因为你的头发比较蓬松好整理 |
[29:47] | I like to look good for you. | 我希望在你面前看起来体面 |
[29:50] | Well, I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[29:56] | Can you tell when it’s peacetime and wartime anymore? | 你知道何时是太平时期 何时是战争时期吗? |
[30:03] | No. | 没办法 |
[30:07] | I don’t know who the expert on warfare is… | 我不知道谁是战争专家 |
[30:09] | …but any list of the top has got to include me… | 但是任何名单都会有我在上面 |
[30:12] | …and I can’t tell when it’s peacetime and wartime anymore. | 而我再也不知道何时是太平时期 何时是战争时期 |
[30:16] | Look, international laws always recognize… | 国际法永远承认 |
[30:19] | …certain protected persons who you couldn’t attack. | 一些你不能攻击的特定人士 |
[30:23] | – It’s been this way since the Romans. – In peacetime. | -从罗马时期开始就这样 -在太平时期 |
[30:27] | Yes. | 对 |
[30:29] | The Battle of Agincourt. | 阿艮格之役 |
[30:31] | This was the French fighting against the British archers. | 法国抵抗英国弓箭手 |
[30:34] | This was like a polo match. | 就像一场马球比赛 |
[30:36] | The battles were observed by heralds, and they picked the winners. | 传令官观察整场战役 然后选出赢家 |
[30:40] | And if a soldier laid down his arms… | 如果有士兵倒下 |
[30:44] | …he was treated humanely. | 他会被以人道对待 |
[30:46] | – Yeah. – And the international laws… | -对 -你说的国际法 |
[30:48] | …that you’re talking about, this is where a lot of them were written. | 写到很多这些规定 |
[30:53] | At a time and a place… | 在某个时间跟地点 |
[30:54] | …where a person could tell between peacetime and wartime. | 当人们可以判断 太平跟战争时期 |
[30:58] | The idea of targeting one person was ridiculous. | 把目标对准一个人这种想法 太荒谬了 |
[31:02] | It wouldn’t have occurred to the French to try to kill William Pitt. | 法国人从没想过要暗杀威廉彼特 |
[31:06] | – That changed after Pearl Harbor. – I don’t like where this is going. | -那在珍珠港事件后就变了 -我不喜欢这场对话的方向 |
[31:09] | – Leo… – In the Situation Room, Fitz. | -里奥 -我们现在在战情室,费兹 |
[31:11] | – We killed Yamamoto. We shot his plane. – We declared war. | -我们杀了山本,射下他的飞机 -因为我们宣战 |
[31:14] | – Had Bonhoeffer been successful… – The plot to kill Hitler… | -要是潘霍华成功的话 |
[31:17] | There would’ve been statues built of an assassin. | -暗杀希特勒的飞行员 我们会盖一座雕像给暗杀者 |
[31:20] | We’d have had to explain that to our kids. | 我们必须跟下一代解释 这些故事 |
[31:24] | I’m gonna get back to the office. | 我要回办公室了 |
[31:26] | We measure the success of a mission by two things. | 我们用两件事 来评估任务成功与否 |
[31:29] | Was it successful, and how few civilians did we hurt? | 成不成功 以及有多少平民受伤? |
[31:32] | They measure success by how many. Pregnant women are delivering bombs. | 他们用杀了多少人来评估成功 孕妇也要传送炸弹 |
[31:38] | You’re talking to me about international laws? | 你跟我谈国际法? |
[31:41] | The laws of nature don’t even apply here. | 自然法则都不适用于这里了 |
[31:52] | I’ve been a soldier for 38 years, and I found an enemy I can kill. | 我已经当了38年的军人 而我发现了可以杀的敌人 |
[31:57] | He can’t cancel Shareef’s trip, Leo. You’ve got to tell him he can’t cancel it. | 他不能取消夏利夫的行程,里奥 你必须告诉他不能取消 |
[32:31] | Excuse me, I’m looking for Josh Lyman. | 抱歉,我找乔西赖曼 |
[32:33] | They’re getting telegrams, 2-to-1 against. | 他们刚收到电报 二比一 |
[32:35] | I just met with two congressmen. | 我刚跟两位国会议员见面 |
[32:37] | – Amy got it going in 24 hours. – Two-to-one against. | -爱咪再过24小时就要发动 -二比一 |
[32:40] | Yeah, I’m not talking about just a couple either. | 我可不是在说一两票而已 |
[32:43] | – It’ll be all right. – Excuse me, Sam. | -你没问题的 -抱歉,山姆 |
[32:46] | Hey, you just got back from someplace, right? | 你刚从某地回来对吧? |
[32:49] | Bismarck. DNC platform hearings on dropping”North.” | 毕斯马克,全国民主党大会论坛 去掉“北”这个字 |
[32:52] | – Just from the state? – Not the compass. | -就只有州名对吧? -不是地球仪 |
[32:55] | The chairman was a guy named Harry Conroy. | 主席名叫哈利康洛伊 |
[32:57] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:59] | He said,”Tell Sam Harry Conroy says get up off the dirt.” | 他说“告诉山姆 哈利康洛伊要他赶快爬起来吧” |
[33:01] | – I am up off the dirt. – Okay. | -我已经爬起来了 -好吧 |
[33:04] | – I am. – How you doing? | -真的 -你还好吧? |
[33:06] | – You got a second? – Actually, I’m crashing a deadline. | -你有时间吗? -实际上,我快赶不上截稿日了 |
[33:08] | – I’ll pick your spirits up. – My spirits are up. | -我来让你振作 -我很振作 |
[33:11] | – I can do magic. – Really? | -我会表演魔术 -真的? |
[33:13] | – Excuse me. – Hey. | -抱歉 -嗨 |
[33:14] | – Can I get the room a minute? – Come see me about that magic? | -可以请大家出去一下吗? -你会来看我表演魔术吧? |
[33:17] | Will do. | 一定 |
[33:24] | The first election I ever worked was Bronx borough president. | 我第一场选举是帮 布鲁克斯自治区主席 |
[33:28] | There were questions about my guy’s tax returns, so we called a press conference. | 有人问他关于退税问题 我们就准备一场记者招待会 |
[33:33] | It was 104 degrees that day on Bronx Boulevard. | 布鲁克斯自治区那天 气温高达华氏104度 |
[33:37] | I thought with a tax thing, the shorter the better… | 我认为讲到税 越短越好 |
[33:40] | …so I turned off the air conditioning. | 所以我就把冷气关掉 |
[33:42] | – Did the press end it fast? – Not so much as the candidate fainting. | -记者是不是很快就问完? -我的候选人先昏倒了 |
[33:47] | Well, you changed the story. | 你改了故事 |
[33:49] | I don’t even think I ended up voting for him. | 我到最后甚至没投给他 |
[33:51] | Now, your screwup was worse and on a much bigger stage. | 你搞砸这件事更糟 等级更大 |
[33:55] | – I’m fine. – Yeah? | -我没问题的 -是吗? |
[33:57] | This is no time for the starters to be on the bench. | 我没时间让菜鸟坐冷板凳 |
[34:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[34:07] | I read the Everglades pitch from Muriel and Jane. | 我读了米罗跟珍关于沼泽地的事 |
[34:09] | – Right, it’s a pass. – No, that’s the memo I’m writing. | -没错,应该通过 -那是我正在草拟的备忘录 |
[34:13] | I don’t think so. | 我不认为 |
[34:14] | I think anything tactical makes us look bad. | 我认为任何战术性的事 都会让我们很难看 |
[34:17] | Well, we should get used to it. We go on TV. | 我们应该习惯了 我们要上电视 |
[34:19] | We do a better job selling it than the other guy. | 我们推销的手段比其他人高明 |
[34:22] | We win the argument, which is Ritchie is with Florida’s special interests. | 我们会赢 因为李奇跟佛州特殊利益挂勾 |
[34:26] | And we do it right, we forced him into defending polluters. | 如果我们做得好 我们就能逼他当保护污染者 |
[34:29] | Jane and Muriel are right. Also, it’s the right thing to do. | 珍跟米罗说得对 而且这也是该做的事 |
[34:32] | – Ginger? -Yeah. | -金洁? -怎样 |
[34:34] | – I’m printing this now. You’ll get it out? – Yeah. | -我要印出来了,去帮我拿好吗? -好 |
[34:37] | – All right. – Thanks, though. | -好吧 -还是谢谢你 |
[34:41] | – Sam. – Yeah? | -山姆 -怎样? |
[34:43] | You’re still mad, right? | 你还是很火大,对吧? |
[34:49] | Well, she needs the skills, 110 words a minute. | 她需要这种技巧 一分钟110字 |
[34:53] | And discretion, obviously. | 还要精确 |
[34:55] | A willingness to put this first, no matter what. | 愿意把精确当成优先事项 不论如何 |
[34:58] | – But there’s an X-factor, right? – Yes. | -但还有未知因素对吧? -对 |
[35:01] | – What is it? – It’s unknown. | -是什么? -未知 |
[35:03] | – That’s why it’s called an X-factor. – Yes. | -所以才叫未知因素 -对 |
[35:06] | – An intangible… – I’ve got the lady. | -一种无形的 -我找到人了 |
[35:08] | I’ve got the lady. I know who the lady’s gonna be. | 我找到人了 我知道下一位秘书是谁 |
[35:11] | I’ve got the lady. | 我找到人了 |
[35:20] | Josh, what the hell did you do to this welfare vote? | 乔西,你对福利法表决 做了什么事? |
[35:23] | – We scheduled it for Wednesday night. – Why? | -我们安排在周三晚上 -为什么? |
[35:25] | Two reasons. First was to get you out of the Catholic Charities event. | 两个理由 让你不必参加天主教慈善晚会 |
[35:29] | I’m going to that. | 我要去 |
[35:31] | – Ritchie has accepted an invitation. – I know. | -李奇已经接受邀请 -我知道 |
[35:34] | – None of us thought it was a good idea. – The fundraiser was my idea. | -我们都不认为那是个好主意 -募款晚会是我的主意 |
[35:37] | I’ve known the archbishop for 20 years. I won’t play politics. | 我认识大主教二十年了 我不跟他玩政治游戏 |
[35:40] | Did anyone wanna ask me about this? | 有人想过要问我吗? |
[35:42] | You’ve got me running a vote from the floor of a Broadway theater. | 你们要让我在百老汇戏院 投票表决 |
[35:46] | – Where are we on the vote? – To be honest, we’re slipping a little bit. | -票数取得如何? -说实话,有点短少 |
[35:49] | – We are? Why? – The women’s groups are raising… | -真的?为什么? -女性团体正在 |
[35:52] | True or false, my life would be better if you and your girlfriend swapped jobs? | 如果你和你女友的交换工作 我的日子可能会比较好过,对吧? |
[35:59] | Why is it for every good thing you do, we gotta endure three screwups? | 为什么你每做成一件事 就要搞砸三件事? |
[36:03] | – Well, I’m sorry about this. – Sorry doesn’t get me 218. | -我很抱歉 -说抱歉也拿不到218张票 |
[36:06] | It doesn’t get back the ad that slipped through your office… | 也无法挽回从你办公室 流出去的广告 |
[36:09] | …any more than it gets tobacco, which you gave away for lunch money. | 拿午餐钱去买烟 比说抱歉还容易些 |
[36:12] | And why don’t you know what Ritchie’s commitments are… | 还有,在你确认我的行程前 |
[36:15] | …before you get anywhere near my schedule? | 为什么你不知道 李奇的政见是什么? |
[36:18] | I’ve got the presidential box at a cattle call. Win the damn vote. | 我这总统身边尽是些蠢才 给我赢得选票 |
[36:22] | – Yes, sir. – We’ve got a G-8 briefing. | -是,长官 -我们要做八大工业国简报了 |
[36:25] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[36:35] | That was fun. You should’ve come in. | 那真好玩 你该进来的 |
[36:37] | – Should’ve let me use the car. – It’s 2 blocks. | -你该让我开车 -才两条街 |
[36:39] | – That’s not the point. – You’re no fun. | -那不是重点 -你一点也不好玩 |
[36:41] | Me? I’m nothing but fun. | 我?我最爱玩了 |
[36:47] | What are you doing wrong right now? | 你现在做错什么? |
[36:50] | – Walking on the wrong side of you. – Yes. | -走在错的那边 -对 |
[36:52] | – We couldn’t be people walking home? – We are. | -我们就不能当回家的两个人吗? -我们是啊 |
[36:58] | You told me that you were at Rosslyn, and I never said anything. | 你说你当时在罗斯林 而我什么都没说 |
[37:01] | – I should’ve said something. – No. | -我该说一些话的 -不必了 |
[37:03] | What was your job right then? | 你当时的职责是什么? |
[37:07] | – To take the shooters down. – I guess I figured. | -制服射击者 -我想也是 |
[37:09] | I had a good angle on the left, which was Ray Beckwith. | 我刚好在他左边的角度 也就是雷贝克卫斯 |
[37:12] | – Which one was Beckwith? Was he…? – The 15-year-old. | -哪一个是贝克卫斯?他是? -15岁那个 |
[37:14] | – Did you hit him? – A lot of people shooting at him. | -你射中他了吗? -很多人射击他 |
[37:18] | Yeah, I hit him. I know I did. I killed him. | 对,我射中他 我知道我射中了,他死了 |
[37:23] | See? And you said I can’t be fun. | 看吧?你还说我不爱玩 |
[37:31] | I just like your smile, is all. | 我喜欢你的微笑,就这样 |
[37:35] | I wouldn’t mind seeing it more. | 我不介意再看到一次 |
[37:43] | – I can’t. No, I can’t. – No. Yeah. I was just… | -我不能,不,我不能 -不,对,我只是 |
[37:46] | You’re right. Shouldn’t you be walking in front of me? | 你说得对 你不是应该走在我前面吗? |
[37:49] | – In a crowded place. – We take chances? | -在拥挤的地方 -要冒险吗? |
[37:51] | – I’ll walk in front. – Forget it, I’m home. | -我走前面 -算了,我到家了 |
[37:53] | – Can we drop it? – Sure. I’d just… | -我们可以不谈这档事吗? -当然,我只是 |
[37:55] | I say,”Can we drop it?” You say, “Sure,” and then we don’t drop it. | 我说“我们可以不谈这档事吗?” 你说“当然”可是我们还继续谈 |
[37:59] | This is Thayer. Four past midnight. I’ve got Flamingo from Donovan. | 我是柴尔,凌晨四点 我从唐诺文接收火鹤 |
[38:03] | – All right. Take it easy, Pam. – Good night, boss. | -好吧,放轻松,潘 -晚安,老板 |
[38:30] | This has gotta be costing you an awful lot of PAC money. | 那一定花了你不少钱 |
[38:34] | You didn’t wanna come up? | 你不想上来吗? |
[38:36] | It’s after midnight. They wouldn’t let me up. | 已经过了半夜 他们不会让我上去 |
[38:38] | – We were working late. – Yes, you are. | -我们工作得很晚 -没错 |
[38:43] | For every vote on the left you grab, I gotta get one on the right. | 你在左边拿到的选票 我得从右边拿回来 |
[38:46] | – You know what that does to the bill? – Yeah. | -你知道那对法案有何伤害吗? -知道 |
[38:49] | So we’ve been phone-banking the Bible belt… | 所以我们不断打电话 到中西部筹资 |
[38:51] | …telling them how weak the abstinence provisions are. | 告诉他们禁食规定已经不如往日 |
[38:54] | I’ve seen you level hotel ballrooms screaming… | 我看过你在旅馆舞厅大喊 |
[38:57] | …about how ridiculous abstinence is. | 说禁食有多荒谬 |
[38:59] | I don’t wanna sleep with them. I want their vote. | 我不想跟他们上床 我只是需要他们的票 |
[39:01] | When this is over and we win… | 当这一切结束 我们赢了以后 |
[39:03] | …you know whose job it is to pay a visit to the people who weren’t with us? | 你知道是谁要去拜访那些 当初没有站我们这边的人吗? |
[39:08] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[39:14] | – Nothing. – You just threatened me. What happened? | -没事 -你刚才威胁我,怎么了? |
[39:16] | Just because you have Sherry Lansing’s platinum card… | 就算你有雪莉蓝辛的免死金牌 |
[39:19] | …doesn’t mean you go toe-to-toe… | 当写联邦预算法案的人需要你时 |
[39:21] | …with people writing the federal budget when they need you. | 也不代表你能跟他们平起平坐 |
[39:24] | – You’re gonna put us out of business? – There’s an election in November… | -你要让我们关门大吉? -十一月就要选举 |
[39:28] | …and you are a player in a political party. | 而你是政党中的玩家 |
[39:30] | If you win by selling out the party, who cares who wins? | 如果你靠出卖政党赢 谁在乎谁赢? |
[39:33] | “Jed Bartlet, not quite as mean-spirited as the other guy.” | “杰德巴特勒 跟另一个家伙比起来较友善” |
[39:36] | Doesn’t really send me running to my polling place. | 这可不会让我想要投他一票 |
[39:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:44] | – Are you coming over? – I have to go back to the office. | -你要过来吗? -我得回办公室 |
[39:48] | We ought to be able to talk about this. | 我们应该要能谈这件事的 |
[39:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:26] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[40:28] | What are you doing here? It’s 1:00 in the morning. | 你在这里做什么? 现在是凌晨一点 |
[40:31] | I called over to the residence. They said you were in the office. | 我打电话去官邸 他们说你在办公室 |
[40:35] | – You were home? – Yeah. | -你刚刚在家? -对 |
[40:37] | Hey, by the way, I signed off on canceling the trip. | 对了 是我批准取消行程 |
[40:40] | I signed off on setting the vote. | 是我批准投票日期 |
[40:45] | You came over here to stand in front of Josh? | 你大老远来这 为乔西辩护? |
[40:48] | No. | 不 |
[40:50] | It’s almost 8 a.m. in Qumar. | 库马现在大约早上八点 |
[40:53] | You shouldn’t cancel the trip. Tell me to call the State Department. | 你不该取消行程 让我打给国务院 |
[40:57] | Why? | 为什么? |
[40:58] | – What are the alternatives? – What are you saying? | -还有其他办法吗? -什么意思? |
[41:02] | – Are we going to attack Qumar? – Maybe. | -我们要攻打库马吗? -可能 |
[41:05] | Now? | 现在? |
[41:06] | We can kill all the armed teenagers we want, we still won’t have Shareef. | 我们要杀多少武装青少年都行 但我们逮不到夏利夫 |
[41:11] | Let’s get some more intelligence, some more counsel. | 我们派更多情报人员 更多律师 |
[41:14] | More counsel is gonna help me violate international law. | 更多律师只会让我 违反更多国际法 |
[41:17] | It’s pretty easy to say this is a war scenario. | 这很有可能会演变成 战争情节 |
[41:20] | It’s easy to say anything is a war scenario. | 任何事都可能演变成 战争情节 |
[41:22] | War on poverty. It’s a slippery slope. | -因贫穷而战 -这是最简单的一种 |
[41:24] | – Stop it! – What? | -停止! -什么? |
[41:28] | Just stop it already. | 请你停止 |
[41:32] | This is the most horrifying part of your liberalism. | 这是你自由主义 最糟糕的一面 |
[41:35] | – You think there are moral absolutes. – There are moral absolutes. | -你认为有道德上的绝对这回事 -的确有道德上的绝对 |
[41:39] | Apparently not. He’s killed innocent people. | 很明显没有 他残杀无辜的人们 |
[41:41] | He’ll kill more, so we have to end him. | 他还会杀更多 我们必须阻止他 |
[41:44] | The village idiot comes to that conclusion before the Nobel Laureate. | 愚民在诺贝尔桂冠诗人前 做出的结论 |
[41:48] | El Principe has justified every act of oppression. | 王子的压迫都可以合理化 |
[41:52] | – This is justified. This is required. – Says who? | -这就是合理化,这是必要的 -谁说的? |
[41:54] | Says me, Mr. President. | 我说的,总统先生 |
[41:57] | You wanna ask more people, they’ll say so too. | 就算你去问其他人 他们也会说一样的事 |
[41:59] | – Well, a mob mentality is just… – Not a mob. | -流氓的习性只会 -这不是耍流氓 |
[42:03] | Just you. | 只有你 |
[42:05] | Right now. | 就是现在 |
[42:06] | This decision. | 做出决定 |
[42:10] | Which, by the way, is one of self-defense. | 这也是自我防卫 |
[42:15] | Let Shareef come here and we have options. | 让夏利夫过来 我们才有选择 |
[42:17] | Cancel the trip and we have none. That’s all we’re talking about right now. | 取消行程,我们就没有选择 我们现在在谈的就是这项 |
[42:26] | There are moral absolutes. | 还是有道德上的绝对 |
[42:38] | Make the call. | 去打电话 |
[42:43] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |