时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | Honey, Simon Donovan was shot and killed. | 亲爱的,西蒙唐诺文被枪杀身亡 |
[00:10] | You think the strike against me is nobody likes the smartest kid in class. | 你以为我被攻击的原因是 因为我是讨人厌的班上最聪明的小鬼 |
[00:14] | It’s not a strike unless you watch it sail by. | 除非亲眼目睹否则不能算是攻击 |
[00:17] | I’ve been a soldier for 38 years, and I found an enemy I can kill. | 我当了三十八年的军人 终于找一个我能杀的敌人了 |
[00:21] | When does the president give the green light? | 总统什么时候才能批准? |
[00:24] | At the last possible minute. | 一定是在最后的一刻 |
[00:26] | We can make it look like it went down but they’ll find out it’s us. | 我们可以弄得像是意外坠机 不过他们会发现是我们弄的 |
[00:29] | I’m gonna be running for re-election while fighting a war against Qumar. | 我就要竞选连任了 却还在跟库马打仗 |
[00:33] | You have two minutes, sir. | 先生,还有两分钟 |
[00:35] | Take him. | 打下他 剧名:美国的二十小时 |
[00:39] | You know the story about…? | 有一个故事,大家知道吗? |
[00:42] | Four more years! Four more years! | 再四年!再四年! |
[00:46] | There’s a guy here holding a sign that says,”Eight more years.” | 这儿有个家伙举个牌子 写着“再八年” |
[00:49] | Don ‘t get me wrong, I like your thinking… | 别误会,我喜欢你的想法 |
[00:51] | … but I’ve probably tested the Constitution as far… | 我是可以去挑战宪法 |
[00:54] | … as Abbey’s gonna allow me to for a little while. | 但是艾比恐怕不会答应的 |
[01:00] | You know the story about the guy whose car gets stuck in a muddy hole. | 大家都知道那个有个家伙的车 卡在一个泥坑的故事 |
[01:04] | A farmer comes along and says he’ll pull the car out of the mud… | 有个农夫经过说他会把那辆车 拖出那个泥坑 |
[01:08] | …but he’s gonna have to charge 50 bucks… | 不过他要收费五十块钱 |
[01:10] | …because this is the tenth time he’s had to pull it out today. | 因为这已经是那一天他 第十次把一辆车拖出泥坑了 |
[01:13] | The driver says,”When do you have time to farm? At night?” | 驾驶就说: “那你哪有时间种田? 难道你晚上种田吗?” |
[01:16] | The farmer says,”No, that’s when I fill the hole with water.” | 农夫就说: “不,晚上我都在帮这泥坑灌水” |
[01:22] | We need to find energy alternatives. | 我们必须找到替代的能源 |
[01:26] | We’re getting our cue. We’re getting it right now. | 我们行动的号角响了 我们现在就要行动 |
[01:28] | The Republicans are busy. | 共和党的人太忙了 |
[01:30] | They’re trying to convince us they care about new energy… | 他们想让我们相信 他们在乎新能源 |
[01:33] | …and they’re not in the pockets of big oil. | 而且他们完全没有跟油商勾结 |
[01:35] | And that’s a tough sell. I don’t envy them. | 买卖不好做 我不羡慕他们 |
[01:38] | Their only hope is that we don’t notice they’re the ones… | 他们唯一的希望就是 我们永远不会发现 |
[01:41] | …filling the hole with water at night. I think Americans are smarter than that. | 他们就是在半夜灌水的人 而我认为我们国人没那么笨 |
[01:45] | I think we noticed. | 我认为我们早就发现了 |
[01:56] | Where are Josh and Toby? | 乔西跟托比人呢? |
[01:57] | – In the soybean fields with Cathy. – Cathy? | -跟凯西在大豆田里 -凯西? |
[01:59] | The daughter. But I like saying they’re in the soybean fields. | 那个女儿,不过我喜欢说 他们在大豆田里 |
[02:03] | He’s wrapping up. We’re getting in the car. We’re already late. | 他快讲完了,我们要回车子里 我们没时间了 |
[02:06] | – I’ll get them from the soybean fields. – Thanks. | -我到大豆田去找他们 -谢了 |
[02:08] | This isn’t a time for people whose doomsday scenario… | 现在可不是让人们 |
[02:11] | …is less at the pump for Texaco and Shell. | 被德士古与壳牌石油剥削 过苦日子的时候 |
[02:14] | This isn’t a time for people who say there aren’t any energy alternatives… | 现在不是告诉人民说 我们没有替代能源 |
[02:18] | …just because they can’t think of any. | 只因为他们想不出任何替代品的时代 |
[02:20] | This is a time for American heroes… | 这个时代属于美国伟大的人们 |
[02:22] | …and we reach for the stars. | 我们要迎向星光灿烂的人生 (巴特勒总统 再当四年) |
[02:35] | He seems a little tense. | 他似乎有点紧张 |
[02:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[02:39] | – Why? – Because the president’s speaking. | -为什么? -因为总统正在演讲 |
[02:42] | – Why aren’t you there? – It’s tough to explain. | -你们为什么不在那现场? -很难解释 |
[02:44] | No, it’s not. | 不难 |
[02:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:53] | The president has his blood pressure taken every morning. | 总统每天早上都要量血压 |
[02:56] | On high-pressure days, Toby’s not allowed… | 高血压的日子 托比就不可以 |
[02:58] | …to be near the president while he speaks. | 在总统演讲时接近他 |
[03:00] | – Why? – Stepped on it. | -为什么? -会惹他血压高 |
[03:02] | He has trouble concealing his displeasure. | 他很难掩饰他的不悦之情 |
[03:04] | Stepped on it and he knows it too. | 会惹他血压高,他自己也知道 |
[03:07] | – Look… – What do I say to people who ask… | -喂 -我怎么回答 |
[03:09] | …why we subsidize farmers when we don’t subsidize plumbers. | 我们为何只补助农人 而不补助工人? |
[03:13] | Tell them they can pay $ 7 for a potato. | 跟他们说,如此他们才能 只花七块钱就可以买到马铃薯 |
[03:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:18] | This is 200 acres of soy fields. It nets my family $30 an acre… | 这是两百英亩的大豆田 全家每英亩的净利三十块钱 |
[03:22] | …which is $6000 a year. | 一年是六千块钱 |
[03:28] | – Toby… – I met with the Conference Committee… | -托比 -我跟委员会开过会 |
[03:30] | …to increase payment limits for small farmers… | 要提高对小农的补贴上限 |
[03:33] | …but no one could agree what”small” meant. | 不过,大家却无法同意 所谓“小农”的定义 |
[03:36] | Josh! | 乔西! |
[03:37] | I think we’d better head back. | 我想我们最好往回走了 |
[03:39] | – He’s wrapping up. – You seem pissed that I brought it up. | -他快结束了 -我提到这件事你好像很火大 |
[03:42] | – No, we’re just talking. – We’ve really gotta go now. | -不,我们只是在谈 -我们真的得走了 |
[03:45] | Donna’s nervous. A couple of weeks ago some guys got left behind in Kentucky. | 唐娜很紧张,几星期前 有些人被忘在肯塔基州了 |
[03:49] | Tennessee, and they were never heard from again. | 是田纳西,然后就此失去踪影 |
[03:51] | – They took a cab. – Look… | -他们有叫计程车 -好 |
[03:52] | The point is whatever Toby and the Conference Committee… | 关键在于,不管托比跟委员会 |
[03:56] | …whatever definition they came up with… | 共同研议出来什么定义 |
[03:58] | …would’ve just created more business for lawyers of big farm corporations. | 都只是帮律师 或大农产品企业增加业绩而已 |
[04:02] | I wish we had more time to talk… | 希望我们有更多时间谈 |
[04:04] | There’s no way you could stay, meet some people? | 你们不能留下来见一些人吗? |
[04:06] | Maybe catch up at the next stop? | 也许在下一站才去跟他们会合? |
[04:08] | No, we’ve got Unionville, then we get on the plane. | 不行,我们要到优林市去 然后我们就要上飞机了 |
[04:11] | – It’s a full schedule at the office. – We’ve got voters here. Did you forget? | -在办公室还有满满的行程 -这里有选民,你们忘了吗? |
[04:15] | – No. – They’re voting for Ritchie. | -没有 -他们是支持李奇的选民 |
[04:17] | What? | 什么? |
[04:18] | Indiana’s voting for Ritchie. | 印第安那州是支持李奇的 |
[04:20] | If there was someone less competent than Ritchie on the ballot… | 如果还有比李奇 更没有竞争力的候选人 |
[04:23] | …that’s who Indiana’d be voting for. – Why’d you come out here? | -印第安那会选他 -那你们干嘛来这里? |
[04:27] | When somebody gives me an answer I’ll let you know. | 如果有人能给我这个答案 我再告诉你 |
[04:29] | – Toby. – Listen, write off Indiana… | -托比 -听我说,删掉印第安那 |
[04:31] | …but don’t write off small farmers. It’s getting bad out here. It is bad. | 可是不能不管小农民 这里的情况愈来愈糟了 |
[04:35] | We paid farmers 67 billion in the last three years. | 前三年 我们支付农夫六百七十亿元 |
[04:39] | Oh, God. | 哦,天哪 |
[04:43] | You wanna lighten up a little? | 你要放轻松一点吗? |
[04:46] | I am lightened up. | 我已经放轻松了 |
[04:48] | This is me lightened up. You’re saying lighter? | 我放轻松就是这个样子 你是说还要更放松? |
[04:50] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -对 -好罢 |
[04:52] | Josh, the 67 billion bought this country the least expensive food… | 乔西,那六百七十亿 为这国家带来最不昂贵的食物 |
[04:56] | …and the greatest variety of it in the world. | 与世上最多样化的选择 |
[04:58] | – Surely that’s gotta register… – Hang on. | -当然我们得记 -等等 |
[05:00] | – And it’s gotta register with the… – No, she’s right. | -得记入 -不,她说对了 |
[05:03] | Where is it? | 哪里去了? |
[05:06] | Where’s the motorcade? | 车队呢? |
[05:08] | Hey, excuse me. Where’s the motorcade? | 喂,不好意思 请问车队哪里去了? |
[05:11] | It’s out there. | 就在那边 |
[05:14] | Hey! Hey! | 喂!喂! |
[05:23] | You guys need a button? | 你们要纪念章吗? |
[05:25] | “Bartlet for America”? | “总统选巴特勒”? 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[06:14] | – Donna, you gotta get the trailer car. – Hang on. | -唐娜,你得弄辆拖车来 -等一下 |
[06:17] | Call Campaign Scheduling and Advance and tell them… | 打电话给竞选筹备处叫他们 |
[06:20] | – Hang on. – You gotta hang up… | -等一下 -你得挂掉 |
[06:21] | …with whoever that is and call Campaign Scheduling and Advance… | 不管这是谁的电话 赶快打电话给竞选筹备处 |
[06:25] | Unless you’re already talking to them. | 除非你现在就是跟他们在讲话 |
[06:27] | Thank you. There’s no trailer car. | 谢谢你,没有拖车了 |
[06:29] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的? -对 |
[06:31] | Good budget cut. Good item. | 好预算砍掉好东西 |
[06:33] | Cathy, where’s the closet cab? | 凯西,最近的计程车在哪里? |
[06:35] | About 110 miles as the crow flies. | 至少要一百里 |
[06:38] | What’s the best way to get to Unionville? | 到优林市最好的方式为何? |
[06:40] | – We’ll take you. – Really? | -我们载你们去 -真的? |
[06:42] | Yeah. It’s a chance to show you the soy diesel car. | 对,顺便让你们 见识一下大豆柴油车 |
[06:45] | Okay. This car, it can…? | 好,这车能? |
[06:47] | – It’s a regular car. – Toby! | -是普通一般的车子 -托比! |
[06:50] | It’s actually Cap’s car. He’ll come along. | 是盖普的车 他会一起走 |
[06:52] | – Meet us in back of the house. – Thank you very much. | -跟我们在屋子后头会合 -非常感谢 |
[06:55] | – Who’s Cap? – I don’t know. | -盖普是谁? -我不知道 |
[06:57] | – Toby! – Yeah. | -托比! -嗯 |
[06:58] | We got a ride. | 我们可以搭便车了 |
[07:00] | – Excuse me. – Yes? | -不好意思 -嗯? |
[07:02] | – You heard the speech, right? – Oh, yes. | -你听到演讲了,是吗? -哦,是的 |
[07:04] | – The section on HMOs, did he land it? – I’m sorry? | -他有讲到保健组织的部份吗? -对不起? |
[07:07] | – He didn’t, did he? – I thought he was very good. | -他没讲是吗? -我想他讲得很好 |
[07:10] | – The muddy hole joke is… – Toby! | -泥坑的笑话是 -托比! |
[07:12] | – Okay, thank you. – Let’s go. | -好了,谢谢你 -咱们走 |
[07:16] | Never heard from again, Josh. | 就此失去踪影了,乔西 |
[07:21] | – They’re headed to Unionville. – Is the first lady still in Madison? | -他们往优林市去了 -第一夫人还在麦迪逊吗? |
[07:24] | – I’m pretty sure. – Remind me when the president’s back. | -我很笃定,我会再查一次 -总统回来时请叫我一下 |
[07:27] | – 3:00, wheels down. – What’s his first? | -三点整飞机着陆 -他的第一个会议是什么? |
[07:29] | Treasurer of the U.S., not to be confused with Treasury Secretary. | 和财务长 别跟财务部长搞混了 |
[07:33] | The treasurer deals with the color of money, what’s the meeting about? | 财务长处理的是钞票的颜色 开什么会? |
[07:38] | – Color currency. – Push it. | -货币的颜色 -延后 |
[07:40] | And push his meeting on health and fitness. | 制片:尼尔海恩二世 把他自己的保健会议也挤进去 |
[07:42] | I want the trade rep and as many of the economic advisers… | 制片:保罗瑞福 我在三点半前要贸易局的代表和 |
[07:45] | …as we can at the 3:30. – Speaking of health… | -经济顾问全部到齐 -谈到保健 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[07:48] | – Oh, merciful God. – What did you have…? | -哦,天老爷 -你吃了什么? |
[07:50] | – I had half a grapefruit! – Really? | -我只吃半个葡萄柚! -真的吗? |
[07:53] | – You think I’m lying? – No. | -你以为我在说谎? -没有 |
[07:54] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:56] | – Yes. – I’ll be in the Sit Room for a minute. | -是的 -我去战情室一下 |
[07:58] | I’d like him when he’s done at the site. | 我去替代他一下 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[08:10] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[08:11] | – Leo. – Good morning, Leo. | -里奥 -早安,里奥 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[08:14] | The Dow’s down 260. | 道琼指数下跌两百六十点 |
[08:16] | – Is it gonna rebound? – What do I know? | 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 -会回升吗? -我哪知道? |
[08:18] | Could I get half a grapefruit? I’ve got Jack LaLanne working for me this week. | 能给我半个葡萄柚吗? 我这星期的健身训练员是杰克拉蓝 |
[08:22] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[08:24] | Let’s go around the table for the quick sheet. | 我们轮流做个简报 |
[08:26] | Small force of North Korean soldiers may stage an incursion into the DMZ. | 北韩有支小部队 可能会侵入非军事区 |
[08:31] | That’s a reaction to the president’s trip to Seoul, right? | 是针对总统访问汉城的反应吧? |
[08:34] | – Yeah. – Okay. South America? | -对 -好,南美呢? |
[08:36] | General Garcia has declared himself in rebellion against Carlos Velasco. | 贾西亚将军宣称他要起义 对抗维拉斯可总统 |
[08:40] | Is Velasco’s government in danger or is this… | 维拉斯可的政府有危险了 或者,只不过是另一个 |
[08:42] | …just another crazy general with guns? | 持枪的疯狂将军而已? |
[08:45] | – No offense, Fitz. – Yeah. | -没冒犯您的意思,费兹 -是啊 |
[08:46] | The Venezuela desk still says “Wait till Garcia calls for the elections.” | 委内瑞拉部门还是说 “等贾西亚要求参选再说” |
[08:50] | – Okay. Africa. – The Mozambique government… | -好,非洲 -莫三比克政府 |
[08:52] | …wants a peacekeeping force to distribute grain. | 要求维和部队以运送谷物 |
[08:55] | – A peacekeeping force to distribute grain. – Yes, sir. | -要维和部队去运送谷物 -是的,先生 |
[08:59] | – Middle East. – Nothing, really. | -中东 -其实没什么事 |
[09:00] | We heard from the new ambassador. | 是我们的新任大使说的 |
[09:02] | – To where? – I’m sorry, Qumar. | -哪里的? -很抱歉,是库马 |
[09:06] | About what? | 关于什么事? |
[09:08] | A month ago they reopened the investigation into Shareef’s plane. | 一个月前他们重新调查 夏利夫飞机的事件 |
[09:11] | – They find anything? – I don’t know. | -他们有发现什么吗? -我不知道 |
[09:13] | The emergency locator transmitter didn’t go off… | 紧急求救信号器没有启动 |
[09:15] | We’ll assemble all the military rescue efforts and feed them to State. | 我们会组织相关军事救援努力 再把资料交给国务院 |
[09:19] | They can give the ambassador and the sultan another report. | 他们可以再把报告 交给大使跟那个回教头子 |
[09:22] | Yeah. All right. | 对,好的 |
[09:24] | – Eastern Europe. – Warsaw transit workers… | -东欧 -华沙运输工人 |
[09:26] | …are threatening to go on strike. | 威胁要持续罢工 |
[09:28] | – Why? – They haven’t been paid in four months. | -为什么? -他们已有四个月没领到薪水了 |
[09:35] | Whoa, you’re not supposed to be here. | 哇,你不应该在这里的 |
[09:36] | – I just wanted to check with… – The orders were very strict. | -我只是想查一下 -我交待得很清楚 |
[09:40] | – I just… – Go home. | -我只是想 -回家去 |
[09:41] | – I am. – You’ve had no days off… | -我回家了 -从大会过后 |
[09:43] | …since the convention. You’ve been up two nights. I don’t want a zombie. | 你就一直没放假,还熬夜两天了 我可不要你变成僵尸 |
[09:47] | The energy book is done, the Midwest poll is out… | 能源报告完成了 中西部民调出来了 |
[09:49] | …pawn off the surrogate movements and get some sleep. | 甩掉这些放不开的情结 回去睡觉 |
[09:52] | I came to check the Southern governors. Somebody’s gotta watch the politics. | 我是回来查南方州长的资料 总得有人注意政治的事 |
[09:56] | Somebody is. The White House Office of Political Affairs. | 是有人 我们有白宫政务部门 |
[09:59] | – Where is he? – He’s about to go on at Fort Bristol. | -他人呢? -他快到布里斯多堡了 |
[10:03] | You know the Dow’s down 270. | 道琼下滑两百七十点 你知道吗? |
[10:05] | – Go to sleep. – I’m not fighting with you. | -回去睡觉 -我不跟你吵 (十一点十五分―总统抵达 海军武器研制中心) (随即开始他的演讲) (中午十二点五十五分―车队 继续前往雷诺斯空军基地) (总统登上空军一号专机) (中午十二点五十七分―飞机升空) |
[10:21] | He should remind them about the military pay raise. | 他应该提醒他们 军队的薪资要提高了 |
[10:23] | – He won’t. – He should. | -他不会说的 -他应该说 |
[10:25] | – He won’t. – Of course not. | -他不会的 -当然了 |
[10:26] | We’re adding 100 outpatient clinics to VA hospitals, will he…? | 我们增加一百家荣民医院门诊中心 他是不是? |
[10:29] | – No. – Of course not. | -不会 -当然不会 |
[10:31] | – Military housing upgrades? – Bruno? | -那军方宿舍升级呢? -布鲁诺? |
[10:33] | He should say, “We don’t give these people anything. | 他应该说 “我们什么都没给他们 |
[10:37] | They earn it.” Yeah. | 一切都是他们努力得到的” |
[10:38] | Gehrman-Driscoll announced it was filing for bankruptcy… | 崔士可宣布该公司已申请破产 |
[10:41] | …an hour later, Jennings-Pratt and DWA. | 一小时后詹宁斯与DWA公司 也会相继宣布 |
[10:44] | – They had exposure in the fund? – Yeah. | -他们的基金曝光了 -对 |
[10:46] | – I’m amazed it’s only down 270. – It’s early. | -没想到才跌两百七十点 -还早哪 |
[10:49] | That’s what you wanna say to me? | 这就是你要跟我说的? |
[10:51] | Driscoll announced it was filing and Jennings and DWA are in the fund. | 崔士可宣布已提出申请 詹宁斯与DWA都是基金成员 |
[10:55] | Pay raises, military housing, outpatient clinics… | 薪水提高、荣民门诊中心 |
[10:57] | It’s illegal to campaign on a military base. | 在军事基地从事竞选活动是违法的 |
[11:00] | – Yes, technically. – No, legally. | -就技术面而言是的 -不,是就法律面而言 |
[11:01] | – Sir… – These Army guys are DRF-1. | -先生 -这些军人是DRF―1的成员 |
[11:04] | They’re division-ready and can be deployed in two hours. | 他们已经完成编组 能在在两小时内就战斗位置 |
[11:07] | These Navy guys are gonna deploy overseas for six months. | 这些海军人员将分派至海外半年 |
[11:10] | – I didn’t realize… – A sea bag, an M-16… | -我不知道 -一个行军袋,一枝M―16 |
[11:12] | …they’re on a C-130 going where I tell them. | 他们就得登上一架C―130 前往我要他们去的地点 |
[11:14] | That’s when their wives are told. I don’t screw with them. | 然后才通知他们的家属 我不想惹他们不开心 |
[11:17] | – I didn’t realize they were division-ready. – Yeah. | -我不知道他们已经编组了 -对 |
[11:20] | You could always wink and… | 你只要使个眼色就 |
[11:23] | I’m kidding. I’m kidding. That was a joke. | 我在开玩笑、在开玩笑 只是在开玩笑 |
[11:25] | Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States. | 各位先生、各位女士 欢迎我们的总统先生 |
[11:31] | Good morning, we haven’t met. I’m your commander in chief. | 早安,我们没见过面 我就是各位的总指挥官 |
[11:36] | It’s just a regular diesel engine. There’s no retrofitting. | 这只是一辆普通的柴油引擎 并没有改装 |
[11:39] | The glow plugs heat the fuel… | 电热塞会将油加热 |
[11:41] | …but from there the soy diesel keeps exploding on itself like any engine. | 所以就像一般引擎一样 就可以启动大豆柴油了 |
[11:45] | – You did it yourself? – It’s easy. | -你自己做的? -很简单 |
[11:47] | He’s out there right now. | 他现在已经到了 |
[11:50] | He started. | 他开始了 |
[11:51] | We need to get this guy to Unionville, he’s gonna wig. | 我们得把这家伙送到优林市去 他会很火大的 |
[11:54] | – He’s out there. – Take your mind off it. | -他已经到了 -别想他了 |
[11:57] | Think about the lovely Cathy. Farmer’s daughter with a master’s degree? | 想想美丽的凯西 一个有硕士学位的农夫女儿? |
[12:00] | Wholesome… | 很棒 |
[12:02] | …but maybe not too wholesome? | 不过也许没那么棒? |
[12:05] | I think she liked you too. | 我想她也喜欢你 |
[12:09] | – How do you know Cathy? – She’s my girlfriend. | -你怎么认识凯西的? -她是我的女朋友 |
[12:16] | That’s great. She’s really nice. | 太好了,她真的很好 |
[12:19] | Is that corn out there? | 那边那个是玉米田吗? |
[12:21] | – Nope. – What is it? | -不是 -那是什么? |
[12:23] | – Trees. – Okay. | -树 -好吧 |
[12:27] | So, what will I remember? What will I tell my grandchildren? | 日后我将会记得什么呢? 我要告诉我孙子什么呢? |
[12:31] | I’ll tell them that I stood on the Great Wall of China… | 我要告诉他们 我曾经站在中国的长城之上 |
[12:34] | …and that I stood in the well of the U.S. House of Representatives. | 我曾经站在众议院的讲台之上 |
[12:38] | I’ll tell them I sat with kings and cardinals… | 我会告诉我的孙子 我曾与国王、枢机主教同席 |
[12:40] | …and made an appointment to the Supreme Court. | 我曾任命大法官 |
[12:43] | And I’ll tell them that one morning in September… | 我还要告诉他们 在一个九月的早上 |
[12:46] | …I got to spend a few minutes with the men and women of Air Wing One. | 我曾经与海空一号联队 英勇的军人共渡片刻 |
[12:49] | God bless you and your families… | 愿上帝赐福各位与你们的家人 |
[12:52] | …and may he continue to shed his magnificent grace… | 愿上帝的恩泽持续庇佑 |
[12:55] | …upon the United States of America. | 我们的国家:美国 |
[12:57] | Thank you so much. | 谢谢各位 |
[13:15] | – Charlie? – Yeah? | -查理? -嗯? |
[13:16] | – I’ve got Leo McGarry for the president. – Thanks. C.J.? | -里奥要跟总统说话 -谢谢,茜洁? |
[13:19] | I need to talk to you about something. | 我有事得跟你谈谈 |
[13:21] | In a minute, okay? I’ve got Leo for the president. | 等一下好吗? 里奥要跟总统说话 |
[13:33] | You’ve got the president. | 联络上总统了 |
[13:36] | – Good morning, sir. – How’s it going? | -早安,先生 -还顺利吗? |
[13:39] | – You tell me. – It feels good. | -你说呢? -感觉很好 |
[13:41] | You know about the Dow? | 知道道琼指数的事了吗? |
[13:43] | – Jennings-Pratt was in the fund? – Yeah. | -詹宁斯也在基金里头? -对 |
[13:45] | -It’ll rebound. – Yeah. | -指数会回升的 -对 |
[13:47] | – No kidding, it feels good out here. – Good. | -说真的,在这里感觉很好 -很好 |
[13:50] | – What are you doing? – I’m gonna meet with Fitzwallace. | -你在做什么? -我要跟费兹华利斯会面 |
[13:54] | – About what? – Nothing. | -你们要谈什么? -没什么 |
[13:56] | You don’t meet with Fitzwallace about nothing. | 跟他见面哪叫没什么 |
[13:58] | Just a thing from the quick sheet. | 只是简报时的一点小事 |
[14:00] | – What? – Nothing. | -什么事? -没什么 |
[14:01] | – Leo… – Qumar’s reopened the investigation. | -里奥 -库马重新展开调查 |
[14:09] | – Mr. President? – Yeah, all right. | -总统先生? -是,好的 |
[14:12] | – Well, we’re coming home now. – Yes, sir. | -嗯,我们现在要回家了 -是的,先生 |
[14:49] | You sure we’re not taking you from something you need to do? | 我们真的没占用你的工作时间? |
[14:52] | No. Actually, this is on the way to my job. | 没,其实,我也是顺便去上班 |
[14:55] | – You have a second job? – I’m a claims adjuster. | -你还有兼第二个工作 -我是保险理赔专员 |
[14:59] | – That’s unusual, isn’t it? – It has benefits. | -很不寻常的工作吧? -这种工作很有好处的 |
[15:02] | – You get to meet people? – No. | -可以见到很多人? -不是 |
[15:05] | No, I meant job benefits. Health insurance. | 不,我是说工作上的福利 是健保 |
[15:09] | It covers your father. | 还可以保你爸爸 |
[15:14] | – What is it? – You guys are gonna kill me. | -怎么了? -你们会把我杀了的 |
[15:16] | – Is it out of gas? – There’s a gas station… | -没油了吗? -有一家加油站 |
[15:18] | …about 1000 yards down the road. | 在这路上一千码之外 |
[15:21] | Why are we slowing down? | 我们为何慢了下来? |
[15:23] | – Are we out of gas? – Diesel. | -我们没汽油了吗? -是柴油 |
[15:26] | Are we out of it? | 我们没油了? |
[15:31] | – We’re out of gas. – Diesel. | -没汽油了 -是柴油 |
[15:32] | – Nobody cares. – There’s a gas station… | -谁在乎啊 -有一家加油站 |
[15:34] | …about 1000 yards away. – They don’t have diesel. | -约在一千码外的地方 -他们那里没有柴油 |
[15:37] | They don’t have diesel. | 他们没有柴油 |
[15:39] | Did we run out of gas because I called her “wholesome, but not too wholesome”? | 我们会没油是不是因为我说过她 “很棒,不过也许没那么棒”? |
[15:43] | I can’t make a car run out of gas. | 我无法让一部车子没油 |
[15:45] | I don’t know, you can make glow plugs explode things. | 我不知道 不过你可以让电热塞点燃什么东东 |
[15:48] | – Where’s the closest diesel? – About 10 miles. | -最近的柴油加油站在哪里? -十英里外 |
[15:51] | All right, can I suggest this? We’ve missed Unionville. | 好吧,我能建议吗? 我们得错过优林市了 |
[15:54] | It’s an hour till the plane leaves. We can make it… | 再一个小时飞机就要起飞了 我可以赶得上 |
[15:56] | …if we’re picked up at the gas station. You can meet the tow truck there. | 只要我们在加油站搭便车 那里有拖车可以搭 |
[16:00] | We don’t need a tow, it’s just out of gas. | 我们不需要拖车 这车只是没有汽油而已 |
[16:02] | – Diesel. – What are you gonna do? | -柴油 -你们怎么办呢? |
[16:04] | We’ll hitch back and get some. | 我们搭便车回去买油 |
[16:06] | Somebody’s gonna pick you up out here? | 会有人来这里让你们搭便车? |
[16:13] | – Guys run out of diesel? – Yeah. | -你们没油了吗? -对 |
[16:16] | – Need a lift back to the farm? – Thanks. | -需要搭车回农场去吗? -谢了 |
[16:18] | – Sy, these guys work for Bartlet. – How you doing? | -喂,这些人是帮巴特勒做事的 -你好 |
[16:21] | Didn’t vote for him the first time… | 第一次就没选他 |
[16:23] | …don’t plan to the second time. | 第二次也不打算选他 |
[16:26] | Have a good trip back. Remember some of what I said, okay? | 祝你们一路顺风 记得我说过的话好吗? |
[16:29] | Thanks for all the help. | 感谢你的大力相助 |
[16:37] | Call the state office. Have them send a volunteer. | 打电话给州警 叫他们派个义工过来 |
[16:40] | Tell them we don’t have time… | 跟他们说我们没时间 |
[16:41] | – You’re doing it, right? – Yeah. | -你已经在打了,对不对? -对 |
[16:51] | This is fun. We’re roughing it. | 真好玩,我们在鸟不生蛋的荒野 |
[16:57] | It’s fun. | 真好玩 |
[17:07] | – The chairman’s here. – Thanks. | -主席到了 -谢谢 |
[17:21] | – The tracks are covered. – Yeah. | -证据隐藏好了 -对 |
[17:23] | We did a legitimate SAR with the UK and Royal Qumari Guard. | 我们跟英国与库马的皇家正规军 执行正统的SAR雷达侦测系统 |
[17:27] | This was a plane that went down in the Bermuda Triangle, plain and simple. | 有架飞机栽在百慕达三角洲 就是这么简单 |
[17:31] | – And that really happens? – What do you mean? | -真的是这样? -你什么意思? |
[17:33] | – The Bermuda Triangle. – Does it really happen? | -百慕达三角 -真的会那样? |
[17:36] | I thought maybe it was like Toscanini landing in the corn field. | 我以为比较像托斯卡尼尼 坠落在玉米田 |
[17:40] | Planes, boats, about 200 of them, including five Navy Avenger bombers… | 总计约有两百架的飞机、船只 包括五架海军轰炸机 |
[17:44] | …and the rescue plane that went in after them. | 以及随后前往的搜救机 |
[17:47] | Any chance they’ll find the plane? | 他们会找到那飞机吗? |
[17:49] | We dismantled the ELT, left the plane in 27 pieces… | 我们把电报系统拆除了 把飞机弄成二十七大块 |
[17:53] | …scattered among other wrecks… | 再跟其他的毁损物混在一起 |
[17:54] | …buried in underwater landslides and limestone cliffs. | 埋在泥泞的水域与悬崖之上 |
[17:58] | And if they find the plane, there’s still no evidence of anything being anything. | 即使他们找到飞机了 也没有任何证据 |
[18:02] | These were SEALs and these were special ops. | 这些都是海豹特遣队的人员 是特别小组 |
[18:04] | They know what they’re doing. | 他们是专业的行家 |
[18:07] | Okay. Let’s obviously stay in touch during the day. | 好,我们今天保持联络 |
[18:10] | Yeah. | 是 |
[18:14] | Just out of curiosity… | 我很好奇 |
[18:16] | …what do you think would happen? | 你认为会怎样? |
[18:19] | I don’t know what would happen to you and me… | 我不知道你和我会怎样 |
[18:22] | …but I’m pretty sure the president would be invited to the Hague. | 不过我确定总统会 受邀访问海牙国际法庭 |
[18:25] | Yeah, well… | 对,是 |
[18:27] | …they can invite all they want, he ain’t going. | 他们大可邀请 他不会去的 |
[18:29] | This would be a good time to reconsider your position… | 也许现在正是该 重新考虑你在 |
[18:32] | …on an international war crime tribunal. | 国际战犯法庭的职位了 |
[18:35] | Perhaps this would be a good time for you to… | 也许现在正是你该 |
[18:37] | – Get out of your office. – Yeah. | -离开你的办公室 -对 |
[18:39] | – Talk to you later. – Thank you. | -待会儿再谈 -谢谢你 (下午一点二十分―总统与 华克太太见面) (下午一点四十分―总统与 哈里森太太见面) |
[18:46] | I was wrong. Tonight’s black tie and pool pencil only. | 我错了 今晚只有一些轻描淡写的东西 |
[18:48] | We’ve got a new addition to our running list of things Robert Ritchie’s not. | 不过,我们的清单多了一项 罗伯李奇没有的东西 |
[18:52] | Speaking this morning at the Philadelphia Financial Council, he said: | 他今天上午在财经会议上说出: |
[18:56] | “I’m no scientist, but I know a thing or two about physics.” | “我不是科学家 但是我知道一点物理知识” |
[18:59] | So for the week, you can add scientist to doctor, mind reader and Chinese. | 所以接下来这星期你们可以增加 科学家、博士、读心人跟中国人 |
[19:03] | C.J., do you know why women at the first lady’s rally this morning… | 茜洁,你知道今天上午 参加第一夫人集会的女士 |
[19:06] | …who were dressed in aprons and rolling pins? | 为什么都穿载围裙跟捍面棍? |
[19:09] | – They were dressed in rolling pins? – They held them. | -他们把捍面棍穿上去? -是用手拿的 |
[19:11] | This is from the Milwaukee Sentinel. | 这是《密尔瓦基哨兵》报导的 |
[19:14] | I don’t know. Find out, would you? | 我不知道 你去调查好吗? |
[19:16] | Is the president coming back for questions? | 总统是回来询问的吗? |
[19:18] | He’ll try, but he needs some time to interview secretary candidates. | 他会设法的 不过他得先面试秘书人选 |
[19:21] | It’s steak sandwiches for lunch. I’ll see you later. | 午餐有牛排三明治 我们待会儿再见 |
[19:25] | It’s still mostly transportation and technology? | 大多还是在运输跟科技? |
[19:27] | And energy. | 还有能源 |
[19:29] | Have Josh and Toby weigh in at some point, okay? | 看乔西跟托比有何看法,好吗? |
[19:32] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -是的,先生 -谢谢你,总统先生 |
[19:40] | – Yeah? – Sir, this is Meredith Walker. | -什么事? -先生,这位是美乐迪丝华克 |
[19:41] | Come on in. Nice to meet you. | 请进,幸会 |
[19:44] | Likewise, Mr. President. | 我也是,总统先生 |
[19:46] | It’s crazy, I know, but sometimes the schedule’s so tight… | 我知道真是很疯狂 不过,有的时候行程就是太多 |
[19:49] | …we schedule meetings on the plane. So we ask you to fly with us… | 只好把会面排在机上 所以才请你跟我们一起飞 |
[19:52] | …and hit you on the way back. – Yes, sir. | -回程再招待你大吃一顿 -是的,先生 |
[19:55] | – Were you impressed by the plane? – It’s an airplane, sir. | -这飞机有让你印象深刻吗? -这是一架飞机,先生 |
[19:58] | I’m not very easily impressed. | 我没有那么容易感动 |
[20:00] | – It has an apartment and operating room. – Yes, sir. | -这飞机有房间与办公室 -是的,先生 |
[20:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:06] | Well, you’ve met with Donald McKittridge. | 你跟唐纳马基李奇见过面了 |
[20:08] | He directs the Office of Presidential Personnel. | 他管理总统的人事系统 |
[20:10] | – Yes. – You got to meet with Charlie Young? | -是的 -你一定见过查理杨? |
[20:13] | – Yes. – He probably mentioned… | -是的 -他也许提过 |
[20:14] | …that this was a job where you need to hold a lot of names… | 这份工作是你得把很多名字 |
[20:18] | …and dates and numbers in your head. – Yes. | -日期以及数字牢记在你脑中 -是的 |
[20:21] | – You were told what the pay scale is? – Yes. | -你知道待遇情况了吗? -是的 |
[20:23] | – And some of the perks. – Like what? | -还有一些额外的好处 -比如说? |
[20:25] | Well, for instance, we have our own 747 and it’s flown by an Air Force general. | 比如说,我们可以搭自己的747 还是空军将领开的飞机 |
[20:30] | Yes. | 是 |
[20:32] | Okay. Let’s talk about your last job. | 好,我们来谈谈你的上一个工作 |
[20:36] | … forecast at 904 million bushels, a 21 percent drop… | 预估为九亿四百万蒲式耳的量 下滑二十一个百分比 |
[20:40] | … from last year’s 1. 14 billion bushels. | 去年为十一亿四千万蒲式耳的量 |
[20:43] | Production costs have risen to $325 per acre of production. | 生产成本每亩提高三百二十五元 |
[20:48] | Total loss of production represents over $600 million. | 生产总损失超过六亿元 |
[20:52] | – Good morning. – We’re stranded and waiting for a ride. | -早安 -我们被困在这里等车来载 |
[20:56] | – Do you mind if we wait here? – How’d you get stranded? | -我们可以在这里等吗? -你们怎么会被困在这里? |
[20:58] | Well, we work for the president. He campaigned nearby this morning… | 我们是帮总统工作的人 他今天上午在这附近办活动 |
[21:02] | The motorcade left us behind, then our ride ran out of diesel… | 车队把我们忘了 后来我们搭的车又没油 |
[21:05] | Didn’t vote for him the first time, don’t plan on voting for him the second time. | 我第一次没投他 第二次也不打算投他 |
[21:10] | Okay. Well, we’ll just wait outside if that’s all right. | 好,我们就在外面等好了 可以吗? |
[21:14] | I don’t like loitering. | 我不喜欢有人走来走去 |
[21:16] | Well, we’ll just be a few minutes I’m sure. | 我相信,我们几分钟就好了 |
[21:22] | Can we call ahead and make sure the plane’ll be there? | 我们可以先打电话过去 确定飞机会在场吗? |
[21:25] | – It’ll be there. – Can we call ahead? | -会在场的 -可以先打电话过去吗? |
[21:27] | I tried. I can’t get anyone on their cell. | 我试过了 每一个人的手机都不通 |
[21:29] | – They’re in a bad calling area. – Well, keep trying. | -他们一定是在通讯不良的区域 -对,再试试 |
[21:52] | See that? | 看到了没? |
[22:00] | – First guy to miss? – What’s the bet? | -玩先失手的人输? -赌什么? |
[22:03] | First guy to miss has to shave his beard. | 先失手的人得刮胡子 |
[22:14] | For the rest of the day… | 在这一天剩下的时间里 |
[22:16] | …the first guy to miss… | 先失手的人 |
[22:19] | …anytime he says his name, has got to follow it with: | 只要提到自己的名字 就得一并说出: |
[22:22] | “I work at the White House.” | “我在白宫工作” |
[22:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:29] | But I don’t think you’ve met our current host. | 我想你还没见过咱们此地的主人 |
[22:33] | Here we go. | 开始了 |
[22:43] | You didn’t say if you thought it was a good event this morning. | 你还没说你觉不觉得今天上午的活动 是不是很成功? |
[22:48] | – I didn’t see the president speak. – I know. | -我没看到总统的演讲 -我知道 |
[22:51] | I was out there talking with Cathy. | 我当时跟凯西在外面说话 |
[22:53] | – I was asked to. – Yeah. | -我是受邀前去的 -对 |
[22:56] | – I was. – But you read the remarks. | -真的 -不过你读过内容了 |
[22:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[23:03] | What was your problem? | 你有什么问题? |
[23:05] | You know what, I don’t want this to be a high-blood-pressure day for me either. | 你知道的,我也不想 今天变成一个高血压的日子 |
[23:30] | It’s great that you’re volunteering, Tyler. | 你能自愿来帮忙真的很棒,泰勒 |
[23:33] | You’re not even old enough to vote and here you are. That’s great. | 你甚至不到投票的年龄 却能来帮忙,太棒了 |
[23:37] | – They give us school credit. – Good for your school. | -因为可以得到一点学分 -你们学校做得好 |
[23:39] | I mean, that’s not the only reason I did it. | 我来也不是只为了这个理由 |
[23:41] | – You like the president? – Yeah, I think he’s okay. | -你喜欢总统? -对,我觉得他还可以 |
[23:45] | Most of my friends are for Ritchie. Not that they’re that political or anything… | 我大部分的朋友都支持李奇 并非他们热衷政府或什么的 |
[23:50] | …but their parents are for Ritchie, so, you know, I guess… | 只是因为他们的家长支持李奇 所以,你们知道,我想就 |
[23:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:01] | “He pretends there are no energy alternatives… | 他假装没有替代能源 |
[24:03] | …because he can’t think of any.” | 因为他想不出任何替代品 |
[24:06] | That wasn’t in the staff copy yesterday. How’d it make it in today? | 这段话可没在昨天的员工副本里 今天是怎么出现的? |
[24:09] | “He pretends there are no energy alternatives… | “他假装没有替代能源 |
[24:12] | …because he can’t think of any.” – They. They can’t think of any. | -是因为他想不出任何替代品” -是他们,他们想不出任何替代品 |
[24:16] | When we were touring flood damage in Missouri last Thursday… | 上星期四我们巡视水灾损害时 |
[24:20] | …four times the president said, “Emergency management’s complex.” | 总统四度提到 “紧急管理的收容所” |
[24:23] | – It is complex. – What’s that matter… | -是收容所 -搞什么 |
[24:25] | …to people who lost homes? Finding a place for the kids to sleep is complex. | 是给没有家的人住的吗? 留置小孩睡觉的地方才叫收容所 |
[24:29] | Thanks. I was having a tough time prioritizing that. | 谢了,我可没时间想那么多 |
[24:32] | Sustainable growth in Michigan, new economy in Ohio… | 密西根持续的成长 俄亥俄州的新经济 |
[24:36] | …information technology in Pennsylvania. | 宾州的资讯科技 |
[24:38] | We mapped those out for September a year ago. | 我们在一年前就为九月规划好了 |
[24:40] | You, Bruno and the president are calling audibles. | 你跟总统是在打足球 玩声东击西战术 |
[24:43] | We’re coming to the line and seeing a hairdo from Florida… | 就算我们逼近线上 我们得看同志的身影 |
[24:46] | …in pass coverage. That’s where we want the ball. | 出现在有效区 才能把球抛出去啊 |
[24:49] | – What’s your concern? – I have several… | -你又在担心什么呢? -我担心很多 |
[24:51] | …one of which is losing. – I don’t think so. | -其中之一就是输球 -我想不会 |
[24:53] | When did we make this about being smartest kid in class? | 我们什么时候掰出 班上最聪明的小鬼这句话的? |
[24:56] | – What meeting did I miss? – I have to pull over. | -我到底错过那一次的会议? -我得先停个车 |
[24:58] | Let me tell you something… What did he say? | 我跟你说 他说什么? |
[25:02] | This’ll just take a minute. Kiki! | 只要一下子就好,琪琪! |
[25:04] | What the hell are you…? | 你究竟在干? |
[25:07] | – You don’t return phone calls anymore. – I return some. | -你都不回电话了 -有些我会回 |
[25:10] | – Thanks a lot. – We have to get back to school. | -谢了 -我们还得回学校 |
[25:12] | What about what I sent to your house? | 我送到你家的东西又怎样? |
[25:14] | Yeah, stop sending stuff to my house. It’s kind of creepy. | 对,不要再送东西到我家了 感觉很怪异 |
[25:17] | Yeah, you know what, sue me, I guess… | 对,你知道吗 去告我啊,我想 |
[25:20] | …because I love you. Place me under arrest, Kiki. | 因为我爱你 所以把我捉去关算了,琪琪 |
[25:23] | Let’s everybody do that, let’s everybody get a writ of injustice… | 大家都是这样做的 大家都收到一张不公平的传票 |
[25:27] | …Iock me up and throw the book. – Tyler? | -把我关起来再给我最重的惩罚 -泰勒? |
[25:29] | – Just a second, Mr. Lyman. – You can’t be creepy stalking guy, okay? | -再一下子,赖曼先生 -你不可以跟踪别人,可以吗? |
[25:33] | You’re not that guy. You’re better than that. | 你不是那种人 你的资质好多了 |
[25:35] | – Not that much better. – Would you get in there. | -没差多少 -请你去一下好吗? |
[25:37] | You have to move on and live in the now. | 你得向前走 活在当下才是 |
[25:40] | – You’re totally stressing her. – Excuse me. | -你给她很大的压力 -对不起 |
[25:42] | I’m so sorry to interrupt in what obviously is a private moment… | 我很抱歉打断 二位以及 |
[25:45] | …between the two of you. And your two friends. | 以及你的两位朋友 如此私密的时光 |
[25:49] | – We came in this morning… – We know you. | -我们是今天早上来的 -我们认得你们 |
[25:51] | – We’re not rednecks. – Okay. | -我们不是乡巴佬 -好的 |
[25:53] | Well, I’m Donna Moss and this is my boss. | 哦,我是唐娜摩斯 这是我的老板 |
[25:55] | – Josh Lyman. – Toby Ziegler. | -乔西赖曼 -托比齐格 |
[25:57] | Anyway, we’re crunched for time, and we think… | 总而言之,我们在赶时间 我们想 |
[26:00] | – I work at the White House. – Wow. Humongous whoop. | -我在白宫工作 -哇,得大声欢呼不成 |
[26:03] | Come on, he’s communications director, it’s a decent-sized whoop. | |
[26:07] | How many unborn babies did you kill today? | 请问你们今天又杀了多少个 尚未出世的小宝宝? |
[26:10] | Whoa, hey. Danger, Will Robinson. | 喂,危险哪,小姑娘 |
[26:13] | Tyler, no fooling around, we’ve got 15 minutes to get to a plane… | 泰勒,别闹了,再十五分钟 我们就得赶上飞机 |
[26:17] | …that is three miles from here. That plane, I swear, is taking off at 1:00. | 那可是离此三英里的路程 那架飞机一点整起飞,不等人的 |
[26:21] | – It’s leaving at one? – Yes. | -一点起飞? -对 |
[26:22] | Are you guys stupid or something? It’s 1:45 right now. | 你们这些人是很笨还是怎样? 现在都一点四十五分了 |
[26:25] | – It’s 12:45. – No, not here it’s not. | -现在是十二点四十五分 -不,这里可不是 |
[26:28] | Oh, my God, she’s right. | 哦,我的天,她说得对 |
[26:30] | See, we crossed over from Unionville into Dearborn County… | 我们从优林市到迪朋郡 |
[26:33] | …which doesn’t observe daylight-savings time. | 那里可没有日光节约时间 |
[26:36] | – It’s the other way around. – What did I do to you? | -时间是不一样的 -我跟你有仇吗? |
[26:38] | It says all times are local, this is why I couldn’t get anyone on their cell. | 上面说所有时间都依当地为准 难怪他们的手机都打不通 |
[26:42] | Wait, wait. No, you’re not… | 等一下,等一下,不,你不是 |
[26:44] | We changed time zones? | 我们换时区了? |
[26:47] | We changed time… We changed time zones? | 我们换时 我们换时区? |
[26:50] | It’s a common mistake. | 这是常犯的错 |
[26:51] | Not for the U.S. government! | 美国政府不犯这种错! |
[26:53] | What kind of schmuck-ass system can this… | 这算什么鸟系统 怎么会 |
[26:55] | – Good! That’s perfect! – How did…? I don’t understand. | -很好!好极了! -怎么会?我不明白 |
[26:58] | Perfect! Just the break I’m looking for! | 太好了!正是我想要的大突破! |
[27:00] | What? People, they just… They… They reset their watches when they commute? | 什么?难不成大家大家 路过时就会调整他们的手表吗? |
[27:05] | They just change their watches every time they cross a time zone? | 每经过一个时区就得调整手表? |
[27:09] | – What is this, a joke? – I serve my country! | -这算什么,开玩笑吗? -我是为国尽忠的! |
[27:11] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:12] | This is a whole new thing. My guys will need to walk this off… | 这是全新的状况 我的人需要消化一下 |
[27:16] | …before they can regroup. You and your friends get to school. | 他们会复原的 你跟你的朋友去学校 |
[27:19] | We will come up with a plan to get us to an airport. | 我们再想个方法 赶到一个机场去 |
[27:22] | – Okay. – Can we have a civilization? | -好的 -我们不能文明一点吗? |
[27:23] | How long are they gonna be? | 他们还要多久? |
[27:27] | Couple more minutes. | 再几分钟 |
[27:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:41] | – C.J. – Yeah. | -茜洁 -嗯 |
[27:42] | – You wanted to talk to me? – I’m sorry? | -你想跟我谈谈吗? -什么? |
[27:45] | At the base you said you wanted to talk. | 在基地的时候你说你想谈谈 |
[27:47] | Oh, yeah. Listen, I wanted to ask you something. | 哦,对了 听着,我得找你帮个忙 |
[27:50] | Simon was a Big Brother to a kid named Anthony Marcus. | 西蒙以前是一个叫安东尼马可斯的 大哥哥义工 |
[27:53] | I met him a couple of times. | 我见过他几次 |
[27:55] | I’ve tried to spend time with him. He’s not wild about me. | 我设法跟他多相处 他不想理我 |
[27:58] | He’s associating you with Simon’s death. | 他把你跟西蒙的死串联起来 |
[28:00] | I did that with some cops my mom worked with. | 我以前也怪我妈的警察同事 |
[28:03] | Yeah? Well, he was arrested for stealing a car. | 真的?哦,他因偷车被捕 |
[28:07] | He stole his teacher’s car, drove it for a bit and left it in front of a strip club. | 他偷了他老师的车 再放到脱衣俱乐部的大门口 |
[28:11] | You could chalk it up to a prank except Anthony had shoplifting incidents… | 可以说是恶作剧 只不过安东尼有偷窃的前科 |
[28:15] | …before Simon came along, so the ADA sees an escalating problem… | 那是在他遇到西蒙之前的事 所以检方发现问题在恶化 |
[28:19] | Graduating from a misdemeanor to a felony. | 从小罪会到重罪 |
[28:21] | Right, and she’s pushing juvenile detention. | 对,她要执行青少年拘留法 |
[28:23] | I’ve spoken to her, and if a White House staffer will play a role in his life… | 我跟她谈过了,如果能有个 白宫官员进入他的生活圈的话 |
[28:29] | …she’s willing to reconsider. | 她就愿意再考虑 |
[28:33] | – God, C.J. – I know. | -天,茜洁 -我知道 |
[28:35] | – I just got Deanna off to school. – I know. | -我刚送迪娜去上学 -我晓得 |
[28:38] | And with the campaign, the days are even longer. | 还有竞选的活动 时间哪够用? |
[28:40] | – And I didn’t think that was possible. – I know. It was a long shot. | -我也不认为这样有用 -我知道,很难 |
[28:44] | – I just don’t think I’m the right guy. – C.J.? | -我想我不适合 -茜洁? |
[28:46] | – Yeah? – I’m sorry. | -嗯? -我很抱歉 |
[28:48] | – I’ve got an answer on the rolling pins. – Okay. | -我有捍面棍的答案 -好的 |
[28:52] | – I shouldn’t have asked you. – I’m glad you did. | -我不该问你 -我很高兴你问了 |
[28:55] | Listen. You’re not just gonna ask the people who look like me, right? | 听着,你不可能 只问我这种人的,对不对? |
[28:59] | – Because a Big Brother’s a Big Brother… – Sam’s next. | -因为一个大哥哥是一个 -下一个轮到山姆 |
[29:05] | Hi, it’s Sam. I’m sleeping for a few hours right now… | 嘿,我是山姆 我现在才睡几个小时 |
[29:08] | … so you can leave a message, or if you really need me… | 所以你可以留言 如果你真的需要我 |
[29:11] | … you can shout into the machine and I’ll wake up. | 你可以对着机器大叫 我会醒来的 |
[29:14] | Sam! | 山姆! |
[29:17] | It’s all right! It’s all right! Hang on. | 没事!没事! 等一下 |
[29:21] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[29:24] | – Hi. Sorry. – No, I’m sorry, buddy. | -嗨,对不起 -不,我才对不起,兄弟 |
[29:26] | – I know you’re supposed to sleep today. – No, it’s no problem. | -我知道你今天应该得睡觉了 -不,没关系的 |
[29:30] | – What’s going on? – I’m with Toby and Donna… | -怎么了? -我跟托比、唐娜在一起 |
[29:33] | … and we are stranded somewhere in Indiana. | 我们被困在印第安那的一个地方 |
[29:36] | – You got left behind by the motorcade? -Yeah. | -你们被车队放鸽子了? -对 |
[29:38] | Then we ran out of gas, then there was a time-zone foul-up… | 后来,车子又没油 然后又被时区耍了 |
[29:41] | …and also we were waylaid by some mean schoolgirls. | 还被一些讨厌的女学生羞辱 |
[29:44] | – Alpha girls, you know what I mean? – Josh… | -“恰爬爬”女孩,懂我意思吗? -乔西 |
[29:46] | – They were. – So, what are you doing now? | -他们是那样的 -那,你们现在要怎么做? |
[29:49] | We’re getting a lift to the Connersville Metro which will take us… | 我们搭便车到优林市 去搭乘地下铁到 |
[29:52] | …to Indianapolis where we’ll get a flight to either Dulles, BWI or LaGuardia. | 印第安那波里斯去坐飞机 到都拉斯、BWI或拉瓜第机场 |
[29:57] | If you wanna give me your call sheets, I can farm out a few memos for you. | 如果把你的行程给我 我可以帮你整理一些备忘录起来 |
[30:01] | I actually need you to do more than that, Sam. I need you to staff the president. | 我需要的不只如此 山姆,我要你去支援总统 |
[30:05] | He’s got one of those days. | 他会有需要的 |
[30:07] | – I don’t know what it is you do in there. – Yeah, you do. | -我不清楚你在那里的工作性质 -不,你很清楚 |
[30:10] | Anything ceremonial, security-related, or personal, you leave the room. | 有什么正式的、国家安全相关的 或个人的事,你就先离开 |
[30:14] | As it gets later in the day, he’s gonna start to talk to you. | 过一会儿,他就会开始跟你谈话 |
[30:18] | You’ll tell him how the meeting he had… | 你得跟他谈谈他的会议状况 |
[30:20] | …with his council of economic advisers relates to the one with… | 不论是跟他的经济顾问开的会 或跟 |
[30:23] | …the Agriculture Secretary, relates to his intelligence briefing… | 农业部长 或关于他的情报简报 |
[30:27] | … relates to the environment, relates to jobs, to education… | 关于环保、就业、教育 |
[30:30] | …relates to the campaign. You’re his wide-angle lens. | 或关于竞选造势活动 你就是他的广角镜 |
[30:34] | There are going to be any number of areas… | 总是会有我 |
[30:37] | …in which I can’t give expert advice. | 不够专业的领域 |
[30:39] | Welcome to the club. We got jackets. | 欢迎加入我们这一伙 大家都一样 |
[30:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:44] | – I’m not gonna let you down. – You never do. | -我不会让你失望的 -你从没让我失望 |
[30:49] | Get dressed. Now. | 穿好衣服,快 |
[30:52] | Let’s get to the train station. | 我们到火车站去吧 |
[30:56] | You ever love so much it hurts? | 你曾经爱到很痛吗? |
[30:58] | Like, physically hurts? | 就像真的会痛一样? |
[31:00] | Get in the car. | 进车子里去 |
[31:02] | There’s a tremendous amount of information to keep track of. | 有大量的资讯得追踪 |
[31:06] | Dates, names, numbers… Things I’m not good with. | 有日期、姓名、数字 一些我不擅长的东西 |
[31:09] | – That’s unusual, isn’t it? – What’s that? | -真是不寻常,不是吗? -什么东西? |
[31:11] | A man of your intellect not being good with numbers. | 像你如此有智慧的人 竟对数字不擅长 |
[31:14] | Especially an economist of your stature. | 更何况你是经济学家的身分 |
[31:16] | It’s not intellect, it’s memory. It’s a different gift, a wonderful one. | 这跟智慧无关 是记忆力,那是不同的天赋 |
[31:20] | – I’ve never had it. – There are exercises you can do. | -我的记忆力一向不好 -你可以做很多练习 |
[31:23] | Well… | 哦 |
[31:25] | …okay, I’ll try and find that time, but let’s get back to you. | 好,我会设法找时间练 不过,我们回到你身上 |
[31:28] | What would you say was the most challenging part… | 你认为帮法国大使工作 |
[31:31] | …of working for the ambassador to France? | 最具挑战性的部份何在? |
[31:33] | The pliable relationship the French have with time. | 法国人过于宠爱时间 |
[31:38] | – Yes, sir? – I make fun of the French… | -是的,先生? -我也开法国人的玩笑 |
[31:40] | …as much as anybody and I don’t even know what that meant. | 跟别人一样 我不了解这是什么意思 |
[31:43] | – I meant… – No, that’s okay. You’re terrific. | -我是指 -不,没关系,你很棒 |
[31:45] | – I appreciate you talking to us. – Thank you. I look forward… | -感激你来跟我们谈 -谢谢你,我期待 |
[31:48] | …to hearing from your office. – Thanks again. | -能够接到你这办公室的消息 -再次感谢你 |
[31:51] | I’ll be right with you. Can you see Bruno? | 我马上来 有看到布鲁诺吗? |
[31:53] | Yeah. | 有 |
[31:55] | Hey. | 喂 |
[31:57] | You want some good news, Mr. President? | 你要听好消息吗,总统先生? |
[31:59] | Please, the market’s down 425 points. | 拜托,市场下跌四百二十五点了 |
[32:01] | I think it’s gonna rally. | 总会反弹的 |
[32:03] | But even if it doesn’t, this one isn’t attributable to… | 即使不能止跌回升 也不干 |
[32:06] | – I know. – I’m saying… | -我知道 -我是说 |
[32:07] | Four hundred twenty-five points represents billions of dollars… | 四百二十五点 代表好几十亿美元 |
[32:11] | …which are gone now, heading into the fourth quarter and Christmas. | 不见了 |
[32:14] | – Well, I think it’s gonna rally. – What’s your good news? | -我想会回升的 -好消息是什么? |
[32:17] | We’ve held or made slight gains in almost all the polls. | 在所有的民调中 我们几乎不是持稳就是小胜 |
[32:21] | ABC-Washington Post, Bartlet 50, Ritchie 44. | ABC、《华盛顿邮报》 巴特勒50,李奇44 |
[32:24] | I’m all right referring to you colloquially? | 你是说,我还可以了? |
[32:27] | CBS-New York Times, Bartlet 50, Ritchie 43. | CBS、《纽约时报》 巴特勒50,李奇43 |
[32:31] | NBC-Wall Street Journal, Bartlet 49, Ritchie 43. | NBC、《华尔街日报》 巴特勒49,李奇43 |
[32:35] | – You said”almost all.” – CNN-USA Today-Gallup. | -你是说“几乎” -CNN―《今日美国》盖洛普 |
[32:38] | Bartlet 46, Ritchie 45. | 巴特勒46,李奇45 |
[32:40] | Why does Gallup have it a one-point race? | 为什么盖洛普只赢一个百分点? |
[32:42] | Because they’re polling likely voters and not registered voters. | 因为他们区分为可能投票人 以及没有注册的投票人 |
[32:46] | – That’s why we get the same numbers. – Wait till the debates. | -所以我们才会扯平 -等辩论过后再说 |
[32:49] | Election’s in six weeks, Mr. President. The world was created in a lot less time. | 再六星期就选举了,总统先生 这世界不用六星期就建立了 |
[32:53] | One day I’ll buy you a beer, you’ll tell us how you did it. | 总有一天,我会请你喝啤酒 你再告诉我,你怎么办到的 |
[32:56] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生 |
[32:59] | – Bruno. – Yeah. | -布鲁诺 -是 |
[33:00] | Yesterday, the first lady appeared on KCAL, a local L.A. station. | 昨天,第一夫人出现在KCAL 一家洛杉矶的地方电视台 |
[33:04] | They asked about the suspension of her license. | 他们问到她的执照被吊销的事 |
[33:06] | She said, “I’m just a wife and a mother.” | 她说 “我只是一个妻子与母亲” |
[33:08] | And that has been interpreted in some circles as”merely a wife and mother”? | 在某些圈子里被解读为 “只不过是一个妻子与母亲”? |
[33:12] | This is Flint Aldridge, a Southern Baptist radio host: | 这是弗林特奥德力奇 是南方浸信会电台主持人: |
[33:15] | “This is another sign that she is a liberal, elitist feminist.” | “这是另一种迹象,显示她是 自由派的精英统治女权主义论者” |
[33:18] | Elitist feminist, you can’t do that to the language. | 精英统治女权主义论者 哪有人这样掰的 |
[33:21] | – This is from Janet Ritchie. – She went on the record? | -这是珍娜李奇说的 -她接受采访? |
[33:23] | “Wife and mother are the most rewarding roles I’ve ever played. | “妻子跟母亲是我所担任 最有意义的角色了 |
[33:27] | I think Abbey Bartlet and I have two different ambitions.” | 我想艾比巴特勒跟我 有完全不同的野心” |
[33:30] | She won $50. Said the secret word, right there. | 她为了赚五十块钱 说出她的秘密了 |
[33:33] | Ambition. Phyllis Schlafly and Ann Coulter will square-dance. | 野心,这下子鹰派的保守人士 要跳起方块舞了 |
[33:36] | – It’s waiting down there. – Then let’s stay up here. | -他们就在那里等着 -那我们就在这里待着 |
[33:39] | Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen… | 午安,各位先生、各位女士 |
[33:42] | … from the flight deck, this is General Baker. | 我是在驾驶舱的贝克将军 |
[33:46] | – Janet Ritchie really went on record? – Yeah. | -珍娜李奇真的接受访问了? -对 |
[33:48] | I love it when the women get involved. | 我最喜欢女人也加入 |
[33:53] | I’ll ask those who are so inclined to take their seats, and fasten their seatbelts. | 请还没坐好的人士 坐下且系好安全带 |
[33:59] | – The first two are easy. – It’s Bryce? | -前两个很简单 -是布莱斯? |
[34:01] | – Then Peter Lien and a photo-op. – What’s the photo-op? | -接下来是彼得连恩跟一个照相的 -什么照相的? |
[34:04] | It’s a man who’s shaken the hand of every president since Herbert Hoover. | 是一个跟胡佛与之后每任总统 都握过手人 |
[34:08] | Do we have some sort of condensed Reader’s Digest index of… | 我们有某种精华版的 《读者文摘》目录 |
[34:13] | …well, all human knowledge? – We usually just use Margaret. | -就是记录所有知识的这类东西? -我们会使用玛格丽特这部活字典 |
[34:16] | Okay. We’ll talk about that, but we’ll do it another time. | 好,我们再讨论 不过,我们下次再来做 |
[34:19] | – Yeah. – Soon, though. | -好 -很快就是 |
[34:21] | Get my notes from this morning’s speech. | 拿我今天上午演讲的笔记 |
[34:23] | I’ve got them out. | 我拿出来了 |
[34:24] | Hey, were women with aprons and rolling pins… | 嘿,今天上午 有穿围裙拿捍面棍的女人 |
[34:28] | …at a rally in Wisconsin this morning? – Yeah. | -在威斯康辛集会吗? -对 |
[34:31] | – Why? – Abbey Bartlet’s a lesbian. | -为什么? -艾比巴特勒是个女同性恋 |
[34:36] | What does that mean,”I love it when the women get involved”? | “我最喜欢女人也加入” 是什么意思? |
[34:39] | – She’s talking to me, right? – Abbey… | -她在跟我说话吗? -艾比 |
[34:41] | I don’t mean Abbey and Janet Ritchie. I’m talking about the women. Voters. | 我不是指艾比与珍娜李奇 我指的是女性选民 |
[34:45] | Continuing their unbroken streak… | 持续其不屈不扰的决心 |
[34:48] | …the biggest nonsense issue in the campaign will belong to the women. | 本次竞选活动最大的无聊议题 将是属于女性的 |
[34:51] | “Does Abbey Bartlet love her children?” | “艾比巴特勒爱她的孩子吗?” |
[34:54] | Next week:”Grandpa. Friend or foe?” | 下周: “爷爷:是朋友或敌人?” |
[34:57] | This is not a woman’s issue, this is a dumb woman’s issue. | 这不是女性议题 这是傻女人的议题 |
[35:01] | I think anybody with a five-point majority… | 我认为 领先五个百分点的女性大众 |
[35:03] | …and doesn’t control the agenda might be spending too much time reading… | 却不能掌握主题的话 那可能就是花费太多时间 |
[35:07] | …about getting men over fear of commitment. | 在阅读那种如何让男人 跨越承诺恐惧的书了 |
[35:09] | I’ll mention that to the South African population. | 我会跟南非民众提到这点的 |
[35:12] | You know what? In the scheme of things, took them five minutes. | 知道吗?策略对的话 五分钟就可拿下男人了 |
[35:15] | – Can we start? – Yep. | -我们可以开始了吗? -可以 |
[35:17] | – Has anybody seen tape on this? – I still haven’t. | -有人看到这上面的带子吗? -我还是没有 |
[35:19] | – We’ll get it. – They asked about her license. She said: | -我们去拿 -他们问到她的执照,她说: |
[35:22] | -“Right now I’m just a wife and mother.” – Option one, we make a joke out of it. | -“目前我只是一个妻子与母亲” -选择一,我们把它弄成一个笑话 |
[35:26] | We make a joke out of it. What would we have to do to it to make a joke…? | 我们弄成笑话 我们要如何把它掰成笑话? |
[35:30] | – The rolling pins took care of that. | -用捍面棍来处理 -这是现成的 |
[35:33] | Remind me to get Josh in on this. Option two? | 提醒我叫乔西去弄 第二个选择? |
[36:00] | It’s Monday. | 今天是星期一 |
[36:02] | Yeah, why? | 对,怎样? |
[36:05] | Nothing. It was just something I said. | 没什么,我只是说说 |
[36:07] | All right, 10 minutes. We get this stuff to go. | 好,休息十分钟 我们外带东西就走了 |
[36:14] | – Tyler? – Yes, sir? | -泰勒? -什么事,先生? |
[36:17] | What’s a Hoosier? | 什么是“印客”? |
[36:18] | A Hoosier is someone from Indiana. | “印客”就是印第安那州的人 |
[36:22] | – Good afternoon. – Yes. | -午安 -是 |
[36:24] | – We’d like some food to go. – What would you like? | -我们要外带一些吃的 -你要带什么? |
[36:28] | – What’s good? – Everything. | -有什么好吃的? -每一种都很好吃 |
[36:30] | What’s your specialty? | 你有什么很专门的? |
[36:32] | Taking someone’s order and giving it to them. | 我专门让客人点单 再拿东西给他们吃 |
[36:34] | – Okay. – I saw you drive up. | -好 -我看到你们开车过来 |
[36:36] | – You people gonna cause trouble. – I swear, not on purpose. | -你们是来惹事生非的 -我发誓,这绝非我们的目的 |
[36:40] | Every time he comes around here there’s trouble. | 他每次来这里就有麻烦 |
[36:42] | I don’t want leaflets in here. You handing them out? | 我这里不要传单 你们在发传单? |
[36:45] | – No. We just want the food. – Yeah. Well, what do you need? | -不,我们只是要买吃的 -对哦,你们要什么? |
[36:50] | Would you say there’s a local delicacy…? | 你们有当地小吃? |
[36:52] | I’m getting my husband. | 我去找我先生出来 |
[36:54] | Right. | 对 |
[36:59] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[37:01] | Would you mind terribly… | 您是否介意 |
[37:03] | …if I changed the channel to CNN for a minute? | 我转台到CNN一下子? |
[37:06] | I’ve been a little out of touch today. | 我今天跟外界没什么联络 |
[37:08] | I’d like to check in with what’s been going on. | 我想看看有没有发生什么事 |
[37:11] | Earl and Fiona don’t get cable TV. | 艾尔跟费欧娜没装第四台 |
[37:14] | Three channels are enough. | 三台就够了 |
[37:17] | Picture’s fuzzy today. I think there’s gonna be weather. | 今天的画质不好 我想是天气的关系 |
[37:23] | – What the hell, boy? – I was just asking what’s good. | -搞什么鬼,老兄? -我只是问她有什么好吃的 |
[37:26] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[37:28] | We’ll take four cheeseburgers. | 我们要外带四个起司汉堡 |
[37:31] | The dry rub is good. | 干抹片很好吃 |
[37:33] | – Dry rub? – Yeah. | -干抹片? -对 |
[37:35] | You dry rub the beef with spices for a day or two. | 把调味料干抹在牛肉片上 放个一、两天 |
[37:39] | Sauce is a myth. | 酱料近乎神话 |
[37:41] | Okay. See? | 好,看到没? |
[37:42] | – Fiona, this is what I was talking about. – Shut up. | -费欧娜,这就是我想说的 -闭嘴 |
[37:46] | – We’ll take it to go. – She’s been in a bad mood for… | -我们要外带 -她心情不好已经有 |
[37:50] | …well, about 45 years now, I guess. | 哦,约有四十五年了吧 |
[37:57] | Out in the parking lot, when you said it’s Monday, I flashed on a song. | 在停车场,你说今天是星期一时 我突然想起一首歌 |
[38:01] | A few days ago someone told me… | 几天前有人告诉我 |
[38:03] | …that a girl shot up her school one day. When they asked her why, she said: | 说有个女孩拿枪扫射她的学校 后来有人问她为什么,她回答: |
[38:07] | “I don’t like Mondays.” That’s where the song’s from. | “我不喜欢星期一” 所以才有那首歌 |
[38:09] | – Yeah. – You knew that? | -对 -你也知道? |
[38:11] | – Yeah. – That’s where it’s from? | -对 -真的是这么来的? |
[38:13] | – Yeah. – I’m sorry about the time zones. | -对 -时区的事我很抱歉 |
[38:15] | Why is it we cite Ritchie’s advisers by name? | 我们为何要背诵 李奇智囊团的名字? |
[38:19] | The Milton Friedman economic plan. | 米尔顿佛瑞德明的经济方案 |
[38:21] | The Leonard Tynan education plan. It’s our way of calling him a puppet, right? | 李纳德提南的教育方案 这是我们称呼他傀儡的方式吗? |
[38:25] | He cites them more than we do. Which is him saying: | 他自己背的次数比我们多 他哪次有说: |
[38:28] | “I wanna be president the same way you want beer.” | “跟你们想要啤酒一样 我要当总统” |
[38:31] | No, it’s him saying,”It’s great that Bartlet’s a Nobel Prize winner. | 没有,他是说 “巴特勒赢得诺贝尔奖很好 |
[38:34] | When I’m elected, I’ll hire me some of those.” | 等我选上了 我会用几个诺贝尔得主” |
[38:36] | No. No, that should be what he’s saying. | 不,不,他说的是 |
[38:39] | What he’s saying is, “Eastern education isn’t for real men… | 他说的应该是 “东部的教育不是给人用的 |
[38:42] | …but don’t worry, I’ll have Jews for the money stuff.” | 不过放心好了 我有犹太人的钱当靠山” |
[38:49] | Would you mind calling C.J. for me? | 能帮我转茜洁吗? |
[38:53] | That line from the convention speech: | 年会演讲的主题: |
[38:55] | “Challenges too great for a Potemkin presidency”? | “虚位总统的大挑战”? |
[38:58] | It is true. | 没错 |
[39:00] | Most people weren’t the smartest kid in class. Most people didn’t like that kid. | 大部分的人都不是班上最聪明的 而且他们讨厌这种聪明的小鬼 |
[39:04] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[39:07] | I don’t care how subliminal it is. This can’t be a national therapy session. | 我不管这句话多么有潜意识的问题 现在又不是全民心理治疗时期 |
[39:11] | C.J. | 茜洁 |
[39:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:17] | – Hello. – Hey, before I forget… | -哈�� -嘿,乘我还没忘 |
[39:19] | …if you see Josh, could you ask him to stop by my office? | 你看到乔西的话 叫他到我办公室来一下 |
[39:26] | Toby? | 托比? |
[39:29] | – What? – She’d like you to stop by her office. | -干嘛? -她要你到她办公室去 |
[39:33] | Toby, are you there? | 托比,你在线上吗? |
[39:37] | C.J., it’s me. Did you happen to notice that we weren’t on the plane? | 茜洁,是我 你有注意到我们没在机上吗? |
[39:41] | – You weren’t on the plane? -We missed the plane. | -你们没在机上? -我们错过飞机了 |
[39:43] | What happened between Unionville and the plane? | 优林市跟上飞机之间出什么事了? |
[39:46] | We missed Unionville. We missed the motorcade. | 我们也没去优林市 我们错过车队了 |
[39:49] | – Bummer. – Yeah. | -跷班的人 -对 |
[39:51] | Dry rub’s up! | 干抹片好了! |
[39:53] | I love dry rub. | 我最爱干抹片了 |
[39:56] | They take the meat and… | 他们把牛肉跟 |
[40:01] | – Hello, Mr. President. – Seth Weinberger’s assistant… | -哈��,总统先生 -塞斯温伯格的助理 |
[40:04] | …came forward with word that he had an affair with a colleague. | 曾传话来说 他跟一个同僚有染 |
[40:07] | – A newspaper printed it. – What’s the assistant’s thing? | -现在报纸刊出来了 -那助理呢? |
[40:10] | You tell me. He’d already stepped down over OSHA. | 你说呢?已经下放到职安署去了 都两个月了 |
[40:13] | This is an assistant getting in the paper. | 这是一个弄上报的助理 |
[40:15] | It’s hurtful to his wife. I don’t understand it. | 对他太太打击很大 我不明白 |
[40:18] | I also don’t understand the paper, but that’s another day. This is terrible. | 我也不明白怎会有这个报导 不过另当别论,这事很糟糕 |
[40:22] | – Yes, sir. – Secretary Bryce. | -是的,先生 -布莱斯部长 |
[40:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[40:25] | Is there a place you’d like me to stand? | 你需要我站在哪里吗? |
[40:27] | – Mr. President. – Mitch, come on in. | -总统先生 -明奇,进来 |
[40:29] | Just rock ‘n’ roll, Sam. | 随便站,山姆 |
[40:33] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:37] | Josh likes to stand over there. | 乔西喜欢站在那里 |
[40:39] | I wanted to mention first, Mr. President… | 我想先提起 总统先生 |
[40:42] | …that I think you could seek Commerce’s input on… | 我认为你可以找找商会的资料 |
[40:44] | I won’t tell you what to seek… | 我不用跟你说找什么 |
[40:46] | Actually, if you’re talking about the stump speech… | 其实,如果你指的是巡回演说 |
[40:49] | …and energy in particular, that’s my fault, not the president’s. | 尤其是能源方面的事 那是我的错,不是总统 |
[40:52] | – I was looking at my notes… – We have your input. | -我在找我的笔记 -我们有你的资料 |
[40:55] | You’re talking about the exemption. | 你在谈豁免的事 |
[40:56] | It is sheer lunacy to suggest America takes unilateral steps… | 太荒唐了 怎能叫美国采取单方面的步骤 |
[41:00] | …while exempting 80 percent of the world’s nations… | 而让全球百分之八十的国家 |
[41:03] | …from the same obligations. – Developing nations. | -不尽这种相同的义务 -是开发中国家 |
[41:06] | And I think what’s lunacy is a nation of SUVs… | 更荒唐的是 一个充满休旅车的国家 |
[41:08] | …telling a nation of bicycles they have to change how they live… | 去跟一个脚踏车国家说 他们必需改变他们的生活型态 |
[41:12] | …before we’ll do something about greenhouse emissions. | 我们对于温室气体排放量 都还没搞定 |
[41:15] | Among our economic competitors, there’s the principle of fairness. | 在我们的经济竞争对手之中 是有公平原则的 |
[41:18] | In international law, there’s a principle called differentiated responsibilities. | 在国际法里 有个原则叫区分责任 |
[41:22] | We’re the ones making the greenhouse gas! | 我们是排放温室气体的国家! |
[41:27] | You’re losing the support of businesses. | 你会失去商界的支持 |
[41:29] | It’s not your job to tell me whose support I’m losing. | 提醒我失去谁的支持 不是你分内的工作 |
[41:32] | We have people who do that. | 我们自己有人做这种工作 |
[41:34] | It’s your job to tell me whose support you just got for me. | 你的职责是来告诉我你帮我 弄来谁的支持 |
[41:37] | – Yes, sir. – Okay. | -是的,先生 -好 |
[41:38] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Ed. | -谢谢你,总统先生 -艾德 |
[41:40] | – Well, I’m Larry, sir. – Whatever. | -哦,我是赖瑞,先生 -随便 |
[41:42] | – Seth Weinberger’s old assistant… – I saw that. | -塞斯温伯格的旧助理 -我看到了 |
[41:45] | I don’t think a lot of blind loyalty, but I think less of blind betrayal. | 我不认为盲目的死忠怎样 不过我不喜欢盲目的背叛 |
[41:48] | – It’s why I haven’t gotten married. – That’s probably why. | -所以我才没结婚 -也许正因如此 |
[41:51] | – Congressman Lien. – Could somebody get Leo for me, please? | -连恩议员 -谁去帮我叫里奥过来好吗? |
[41:55] | You hear that? He called you congressman. | 你听到了? 他叫你议员 |
[41:57] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[42:00] | You think when your folks got you out… | 你认为你父母带你出越南来时 |
[42:03] | …they imagined they were taking you to a place you could be a congressman? | 他们有想过要把你带到一个 让你成为议员的地方吗? |
[42:06] | I think that’s exactly what they imagined. | 我想他们一定是这样想的 |
[42:09] | – Me too. How’s fishing? – It’s been a good season. | -我也是,有去钓鱼吗? -是很好的鱼季 |
[42:11] | – You catch any marlin? – Marlin’s a game fish, sir. | -有捉到马林鱼吗? -马林鱼不是随便捉得到的,先生 |
[42:14] | – Not many eat them. – Takes a fisherman to catch one, right? | -吃的人不多 -得行家才捉得到,对不对? |
[42:17] | – Oh, yeah. – Okay, I’m just saying. | -哦,是啊 -好,我只是说说 |
[42:19] | – Good afternoon, Mr. President. – Meet Congressman Peter Lien. | -午安,总统先生 -见见议员彼得连恩 |
[42:22] | Texas 22nd. Peter, this is Leo McGarry, U.S. Air Force, 144th Fighter Wing. | 德州第二十二届,彼得,他是空军 第144战斗小组的里奥马加瑞 |
[42:26] | Pleased to meet you. | 幸会了 |
[42:28] | Peter’s family fishes in Galveston Bay, but they don’t catch marlin. | 彼得的家人在贾文斯顿海湾钓鱼 不过,他们捉不到马林鱼 |
[42:31] | It’s a sore spot he doesn’t like to talk about. Peter’s 34 years old. | 他不想谈到这个伤口 彼得34岁了 |
[42:34] | I’m sorry it’s been two months and we couldn’t get you here until now. | 很遗憾都两个月了 我们才能把你请来 |
[42:38] | Please, it’s a busy time. If there’s any help I can give you in Texas… | 不,现在是很忙的时候 如果我在德州能给你帮点忙 |
[42:42] | Ordinarily I would tell you Jim Coor was a good public servant… | 通常我会跟你说吉姆柯尔 是伟大的公仆 |
[42:45] | …and you’ve got big shoes to fill, and he was, and you do… | 你接手的是很重大的职务 他是了不起的,你也是 |
[42:48] | …but obviously you have a bigger symbolic responsibility. | 不过,很明显的 你有更大的象征性责任感 |
[42:51] | – Yes, sir. – Your biggest responsibility… | -是的,先生 -你最大的职责 |
[42:54] | …isn’t symbolic, right? – Yes, sir. | -不是象征性的吧? -是的,先生 |
[42:56] | – What is it? – It’s to my district, my country… | -那是什么? -是我的选区、我的国家 |
[42:59] | …and the Congress of the United States. | 以及美国国会 |
[43:01] | – Welcome to the show that never ends. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -欢迎你加入这场永不中断的演出 -谢谢你,总统先生 |
[43:15] | Isn’t that a hell of a thing? What’s next? | 真是厉害的角色 接下来呢? |