时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | You understand you’re looking at possible injury to separation of powers. | 你知道 你面临即将失去权力的风险 |
[00:11] | They’re balloon animals. My nephews like them, so I got someone to teach me. | 都是我侄儿们喜欢动物气球 所以我找人教我 |
[00:15] | – Are they abstract? – I’m a beginner. | -是很抽象的吗? -我是新手 |
[00:17] | He’s killed innocent people. He’ll kill more, we have to end him. | 他在屠杀无辜的人 他还会杀害更多人我们得阻止他 |
[00:20] | – Says who? – Says me, Mr. President. | -谁说的? -我说的,总统先生 |
[00:23] | You wanna go ask some more people, they’ll say so too. | 你可以再问别人 他们也会这样回答 剧名:红弥撒 |
[00:31] | This is a little humiliating. | 这件事有点可耻 |
[00:33] | It wasn’t a discussion to have in front of the group. | 这不是要在大家面前讨论的事 |
[00:36] | You’re right about that, and I apologize. | 你说得对,我道歉 |
[00:38] | Do you accept? | 你接受了吗? |
[00:39] | I think she was apologizing to you, senator. | 我想她是在向你道歉,议员 |
[00:42] | – I was. – I’d accept. | -我是的 -我接受 |
[00:43] | I believe in this case, on this point, you’re the servant of two masters. | 这么说的话,在这节骨眼上 我相信你是有两个主子的 |
[00:47] | As sexy as that possibility sounds, it’s just not true, Susan. | 无论这句话多么有暗示力道 苏珊,可惜不是真的 |
[00:51] | The relationships with Josh Lyman, C.J. Cregg, the first lady, with the president. | 别忘了你跟乔西赖曼、茜洁 第一夫人还有总统的关系 |
[00:55] | Can we return to the issue at hand? I’m going out of my mind with you two. | 我们可以回到目前的议题吗? 你们两个会把我搞疯掉 |
[00:59] | You should call for funding of needle exchange… | 你应该针对爱滋病发生率 最高的五个城市 |
[01:01] | …in the cities with the highest incidence of AIDS. | 要求联邦拨款给针筒交换计划 |
[01:04] | – Ritchie has given you a perfect opening. – When? | -李奇已经帮你们开头了 -什么时候? |
[01:07] | Right now. At the AMA. We’ve got an advance copy of the text. | 目前,在美国医学会 我们有一份文件副本 |
[01:10] | That’s what we were arguing about. | 我们争执的就是这个 |
[01:12] | – What does he say? -“We ought to begin and end… | -他怎么说的? -“我们应该开始发挥自制力 |
[01:15] | …with abstinence. We ought to begin and end with personal responsibility. | 终结此事 我们应该负责的结束了 |
[01:19] | I am appalled by inner-city programs that hand out clean needles to junkies… | 我很惊讶的发现在几个中心方案中 把干净的针筒拿给吸毒与 |
[01:23] | …and dope-doers in the name of AIDS prevention… | 有毒瘾的人 用的名义是防爱滋病 |
[01:25] | …and I will fight for a national law to end them.” | 我将以法律为诉求 来结束这些方案” |
[01:29] | Amy? | 艾咪? |
[01:30] | It’s baiting the hook. That’s why they sent an advance copy. | 是引人上钩 所以他们才把副本送过来 |
[01:33] | Yeah. But didn’t I get in it to talk about things like this? Why not take the bait? | 对,不过,这事我不是说过了吗? 何不上咬住鱼饵? |
[01:38] | The bait’s for the president. | 鱼饵是要给总统吃的 |
[01:39] | Ritchie wants you to respond so the president has to. | 李奇要你有所回应 好让总统跟着回应 |
[01:42] | I thought the aim was to discuss issues that aren’t discussed… | 我以为是要讨论没谈过的议题 |
[01:45] | …not run pass blocking for the president. | 而不是帮总统挡人的 |
[01:48] | I feel like Susan has a point. It’s an opportunity to get into debate about it. | 我觉得苏珊的看法对 这是纳入大选辩论的机会 |
[01:52] | If it was just me nobody’d listen. | 如果只有我在说,没人会注意 |
[01:54] | Why do you think the Committee to Re-elect needs us to protect them? | 你为什么认为连任委员会 需要我们的保护? |
[01:57] | And if Ritchie’s strategy is what you say… | 如果李奇的策略是你猜的那样 |
[02:00] | …won’t Josh Lyman figure it out in five minutes? | 乔西赖曼不会看出来吗? |
[02:02] | It’ll take his assistant five minutes. | 也许他的助理得花五分钟 |
[02:04] | – It’ll take Josh half that. – Really? | -乔西只要一半的时间 -真的? |
[02:06] | Maybe a little longer because the Mets lost, and he’ll need to focus. | 如果大都会队输了也许会久一点 因为他会很难专心 |
[02:10] | Just throw strikes. I don’t understand why that can’t happen. | 丢好球就是了 不晓得为什么不能丢好球 |
[02:13] | You have a three run lead, just throw strikes. | 领先三分怕什么 丢好球就是了 |
[02:15] | – I mean, my God. – Honestly. | -我是说,我的天 -说真的 |
[02:18] | – Yes. – You wanna see the wires? | -嗯 -你要看电报了吗? |
[02:19] | I’ll tell you something else. With a scoring threat on first… | 我跟你说 当跑者在垒上威胁要得分 |
[02:23] | …and a batter who’ll be intentionally passed… | 打击者有意牺牲打时 |
[02:25] | …why not just pitch out four times? – It makes me nutsy. | -何不直接投四坏球? -我会疯掉 |
[02:29] | – What are the wires? – The standoff in lowa… | -什么电报? -爱荷华的包围 |
[02:32] | …the final recommendation from the Debate Commission… | 大选委员会最后的推荐 |
[02:35] | …and Ritchie to the AMA. | 李奇给美国医学会的文件 |
[02:37] | – Give me the AMA. – And you have senior staff. | -美国医学会的东西给我 -我早知道你会要这个 |
[02:39] | You know, there comes a day in every man’s life, and it’s a hard day… | 知道吗,每一个人都有不顺利 或很背的一天 |
[02:43] | …but there comes a day when he realizes he’ll never play professional baseball. | 但最惨的是一个人知道 他再也不能打职棒的那一天 |
[02:47] | – You’re just having that day today? – Yes, I am. | -你今天就是这样吗? -是的,我是 |
[02:50] | You understand you’re gonna walk the guy anyway… | 明知你得让那家伙上去 |
[02:53] | …you’ll throw four balls, why not just…? – Pitch out? | -你会丢四坏球,何不直接来? -战术性坏球? |
[02:56] | Yeah, why not just…? You know, to… | 对,何不? 就是 |
[02:59] | …catch the runner. | 刺杀垒上的跑者 |
[03:01] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[03:10] | I know how Ritchie’s gonna win this election. | 我晓得李奇打算怎么赢大选了 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[04:02] | Red Mass, Red Mass, Red Mass, you say. Red Mass is at… | 红弥撒,红弥撒,红弥撒 你说在 |
[04:07] | Right, 10:00 at the Shrine of the lmmaculate Conception. | 对,十点在国家天主教大教堂 (星期五上午) |
[04:11] | Also what they called my college dorm. But seriously. Katie? | 大家都说那里才是我大学时的宿舍 够了,凯蒂? 何时辩论会的议题才能决定? 然后我还有一个相关的问题 |
[04:14] | When do you think the debate issue will be settled? Then I have a follow-up. | |
[04:18] | The president believes in debates. The more the better. | 总统相信辩论会的数目愈多愈好 |
[04:21] | He asked for five, Ritchie asked for two. The president said,”How about four?” | 他要求五个,李奇要两个 总统说“那四个如何?” |
[04:25] | Ritchie said,”Two.” We’re waiting to hear from the commission. | 李奇说“两个” 我们得等大选辩论委员会的决定 |
[04:28] | The follow up is,”What would be considered a debate win?” | 接下来的问题是 “如何决定辩论的输赢?” |
[04:31] | At this point, participating in one would be a victory. | 目前,参加的就是赢家 |
[04:34] | I want to ask the same question. | 我想问同样的问题 |
[04:36] | – Which was? – What would be a victory? | -什么问题? -如何决定输赢? |
[04:38] | – 270 electoral votes. – Seriously. | -270张选举人票决定 -认真点 |
[04:40] | Seriously. We’ll be heading to Rock Creek Park at 2:30. Thank you. | 说真的,我们两点半就要 到岩溪公园去了,谢谢大家 |
[04:45] | I know how Ritchie’s gonna win this election. | 我知道李奇 打算如何赢得这场选举了 |
[04:48] | So do I. What’s your way? | 我也是,你觉得他的方法是? |
[04:49] | Overcoming perversely low expectations. What’s your way? | 哀兵必胜的道理,你呢? |
[04:52] | Making the president run Stackhouse’s campaign. | 让总统涉入史塔克豪斯的活动 |
[04:55] | – What happened? – We’re going to the meeting. | -怎么了? -我们得去开会 |
[04:57] | – Treasury scored it? – Yes. | -财政部有办法了? -对 |
[04:58] | – OMB says it’s revenue neutral? – Yes. | -预算局说可以平衡? -是 |
[05:02] | – NEC, DPC, the advisors? – Yes, sir. | -国家经济、政策委员会、顾问? -有,先生 |
[05:05] | – Joint Tax on the Hill? – Yes. | -国会的税收委员会? -有 |
[05:07] | All right. All right. Let’s line up validators. | 好,好,我们让这些 政策推动人排排站 |
[05:11] | – Good. – Sir? | -好 -先生? |
[05:13] | – Yeah? – Toby, Josh, Merry Christmas. | -嗯? -托比、乔西、圣诞快乐 |
[05:15] | – He says let’s line up the validators. – And update our résumés. | -他说要召集政策推动人了 -还要在我们的履历上加上一笔 |
[05:19] | – Sam, that’ll be you, okay? – Yeah. | 制片:尼尔海恩二世 -山姆,这就是你的工作了? -是的,我可以 制片:保罗瑞福 集中在准备辩论的事 |
[05:21] | – I can do it. – Stay on debate prep. | |
[05:25] | What? You’re doing the face. | 干嘛?你又一张苦瓜脸 |
[05:27] | Needle exchange, in a speech to the AMA. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 给医学会的演说提到针筒交换计划 |
[05:31] | “We ought to begin and end with abstinence. | “我们应该开始发挥自制力 终结此事 |
[05:34] | We ought to begin and end with personal responsibility.” | 我们应该负责的结束了” |
[05:36] | I’d like someone to ask him if he’s aware that needle exchange costs $9000… | 我很想找人去问他是否明白 针筒交换计划花九千元 |
[05:41] | …for every infection stopped. | 就可停止传染途径 |
[05:44] | Treating someone with HIV costs 200,000. I’d like someone to ask that. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 而治疗每个爱滋病患者 得花二十万元,我要请问他 |
[05:48] | I’d like someone to ask him where the responsibility was… | 编剧:艾伦索金 我要问他什么叫负责任 |
[05:51] | …in paraphernalia laws that made it illegal to buy or carry a syringe… | 有什么法律能说 买针筒或带针筒是违法的 |
[05:55] | …which is why addicts share infected needles in the first place. | 就是无法可管,有毒瘾的人 才会带着受污染的针筒 |
[05:58] | I’d like someone to ask him that too. | 这一点我也要找人去问他 |
[06:00] | – All done? – For the moment. | -都准备好了? -暂时可以 |
[06:02] | It’s really only an issue if Stackhouse responds. | 如果史塔克豪斯回应的话 其实这只是个议题 导演:文森米希阿诺 |
[06:06] | – But if he does… – Will he? | -不过如果他回应 -他会吗? |
[06:09] | – I don’t know. – Will he? | -我不晓得 -他会吗? |
[06:11] | I don’t know. If he does, we can’t come out for it. | 我不晓得,如果他回应 我们不能出面 |
[06:14] | Bruno thinks we’ll put three states in play. | 布鲁诺认为我们可让三个州施行 |
[06:16] | – Ohio, Michigan…? – And Maine. | -俄亥俄州、密西根 -缅因州 |
[06:18] | They’re iffy about me in Maine. I don’t know why. | 他们质疑我在缅因州的情势 我不了解 |
[06:21] | It’s a mystery, sir. You can’t come out against either, you’ll alienate… | 很奇怪,先生 这你也不能得罪,不然会流失 |
[06:24] | – Heroin addicts? – Liberals. | -海洛因毒虫? -自由派的人 |
[06:26] | Whatever. Let’s worry about if Stackhouse does something. | 无论如何,我们来担心史塔克豪斯 是否会做出什么反应就好 |
[06:29] | Okay, but then I’ll be very worried. | 好,不过,那我很担心的 |
[06:31] | Anything else? | 还有什么事吗? |
[06:33] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thank you. | -谢谢你,总统先生 -谢谢你 |
[06:37] | I’d like someone to ask him about responsibility in cutting drug treatment… | 我要找人去问他 砍掉足以治疗针筒感染爱滋的药物 |
[06:41] | …that would eliminate needle-related HIV. | 算什么负责任 |
[06:44] | Half of all people who get infected by HIV get infected by the needle. | 有半数的人都是透过 针筒感染爱滋病毒的 |
[06:48] | I’d like someone to ask how he thinks the personal responsibility plan’s going. | 我想找人去问他 他有什么负责任的方案 |
[06:51] | Sure, but let’s talk about the debates. | 当然,不过我们先谈大选辩论的事 |
[06:53] | When you say we want five debates, say what they are. | 你说我们要五个辩论 说说要哪五个主�b |
[06:56] | Economy, foreign policy, global threats and national security, the environment… | 经济、外交、全球威胁 以及国安、环保等议题 |
[07:01] | …and one on family life, including health care, education and retirement. | 还有一个家庭生活类 包括保健、教育与退休 |
[07:05] | There should be one on parts of speech and sentence structure. | 还有一个应该是 演说的段落与句子结构 |
[07:08] | – And one on fractions. – Is there any chance I’ll get to speak… | -还有语法分割 -我有机会跟你 |
[07:12] | …in this conversation, or are you just writing out loud? | 讨论一下 或还要等你用嘴巴写文章呢? |
[07:15] | I didn’t even know you were here. | 我根本没发现你跟来了 |
[07:17] | Toby, I’m absolutely terrified we’re gonna lose the expectations game. | 托比,我很害怕 我们会失去预期的胜利 |
[07:21] | You can’t believe how often they ask: “What would be a debate win?” | 大家一直在问 “如何决定输赢?” |
[07:25] | At this point I feel like if… And only if Ritchie accidentally… | 现在我有一种感觉似乎 万一李奇突然发威出险招呢 |
[07:28] | …lights his podium on fire, does the president have a fighting chance. | 总统可有反击的机会 |
[07:32] | – I disagree. – Disagree, but I’m right. | -我不同意 -不同意,可是我是正确的 |
[07:34] | These two men on stage answering questions, that’s the ball game. | 这两个人站在台上回答问题 这才是重头戏 |
[07:38] | If the thing is he can’t tie his shoes and it turns out he can, that’s the game. | 如果大家原先预期他不能绑鞋带 结果却变成他会绑,那他就赢了 |
[07:42] | – I believe he needs to do more than that. – Not much more. | -他得有绑鞋带以外的实力才行 -不多了 |
[07:45] | – What are you doing tomorrow? – I’m going bike riding, as a matter of fact. | -你明天要做什么? -其实,我要去骑脚踏车 |
[07:49] | Then I’m meeting friends for lunch, then I’m having my nails done. | 然后跟朋友吃中饭 然后修指甲 |
[07:52] | That sounds great, if only you were actually doing those things. | 似乎不坏 如果你真有时间的话 |
[07:55] | – Yeah, yeah. What? – Teddy Tomba. | -哦,是吗,干嘛? -泰迪东巴 |
[07:58] | – What about him? – Well… | -他怎样? -嗯 |
[08:00] | …he has millions of followers worldwide, has a $20-billion empire… | 他在全球有几百万个信徒 拥有价值两百亿的王国 |
[08:04] | …of self-help seminars… – I know who he is. | -有自助研讨会 -我知道他是谁 |
[08:07] | …workbooks, board games. – Seminars? | -教战手册、智力游戏 -研讨会? |
[08:09] | Capital Sheraton, tomorrow morning, 10 a.m. Your registration’s prepaid. | 明天上午十点希尔顿饭店 你的登记费已经付清 |
[08:13] | – Why? – We’re efficient. | -为什么? -我们很有效率 |
[08:15] | Why am I going? | 我为什么要去? |
[08:17] | He’s consulted for Ritchie in the last few weeks… | 他这几星期是李奇的顾问 |
[08:19] | …and I’d like that to be embarrassing for Ritchie. | 我想好好糗李奇一下 |
[08:22] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的? -对 |
[08:23] | That lacks a certain nobility of purpose, doesn’t it? | 这个目的本身并不高贵吧? |
[08:26] | I don’t believe it does. | 我想也是 |
[08:28] | Write down any key slogans or philosophies or instructions. | 记下任何重要理论或指示性标语 |
[08:31] | They’ll be on a T-shirt, won’t they? | 应该会写在T恤上吧? |
[08:33] | – Probably. You know what I want. – Should I go in disguise? | -也许,你知道我要的东西 -我得伪装吗? |
[08:36] | – As what? – Somebody who’d go to these things. | -装成什么? -有些人会装一下 |
[08:39] | Meet me here at the office when you’re done. | 完成后到办公室来见我 |
[08:45] | And in addition to being a good friend to Israel, Leo McGarry, of course… | 身为以色列的亲密好友 里奥马加瑞当然是 |
[08:50] | …is the most Jewish man most of us have ever met. | 我们大多数人所见过 最犹太的男人 |
[08:53] | For that he gets this yarmulke, which has been crumpled up… | 这顶犹太小圆帽 是自1962年的一个婚礼之后 |
[08:58] | …in my coat pocket since a wedding in 1962. | 我就一直收藏在我的口袋里的 |
[09:02] | For everything else… | 还有 |
[09:03] | …the Medal of David. | 大卫勋章 |
[09:05] | Thank you very much, Mr. Foreign Minister. | 非常谢谢你 外交部长先生 |
[09:08] | A thousand dead relatives in Scotland just started crying. | 我在苏格兰会有千名 作古的亲人要感动得大哭了 |
[09:12] | Thanks very much. We’re a little late for lunch. | 非常感谢 我们的中饭有点迟了 |
[09:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:18] | What the hell is going on, Leo? I’m reading Shareef is alive in Libya. | 里奥,到底是怎么一回事? 我听说夏瑞夫还活着,在利比亚 |
[09:22] | That’s you people, right? | 是你的人传的吧? |
[09:24] | We’re thinking about starting our own tabloid. | 我们想自己发布消息 |
[09:27] | What’s happening at that house in Idaho? | 爱达荷的屋子发生什么事了? |
[09:29] | – Iowa. – Which one’s the potatoes? | -是爱荷华 -哪一州是马铃薯? |
[09:31] | Idaho. We’ve had the house surrounded for 11 days. | 爱达荷 我们包围一座房子十一天了 |
[09:33] | – We’re trying to negotiate a surrender. – How long can their supplies last? | -我们想劝歹徒投降 -他们的补给能撑多久? |
[09:37] | These people live to be well-supplied, it’s their first love. | 这些人的补给没问题 还有他们的最爱 |
[09:40] | – You got kids in there? – Yeah. | -那里面有小孩子在? -对 |
[09:42] | – I’ve gotta talk to you about something. – Good afternoon. | -我得跟你谈一件事 -午安 |
[09:45] | That person’s very young to be working here. | 那个工作人员很年轻 |
[09:48] | That was probably an intern. | 可能是个实习生而已 |
[09:54] | Qumar is ready to announce it was Israel. | 库马准备宣称是以色列的阴谋 |
[09:57] | – We’ve known this was coming. – Well, it’s come. | -我们早知道会有这一天 -是的,这一天来临了 |
[09:59] | And I need to put it off, at least another week. | 我至少得再拖一星期 |
[10:02] | Israel has to immediately deny the accusation. | 以色列必须立刻回绝别人的指控 |
[10:05] | I don’t want there to be an accusation. I want it to wait another week. | 我不希望有人指控 我希望能再等一星期 |
[10:09] | And what are you asking Israel to give up… | 你打算叫以色列牺牲什么 |
[10:11] | …in order to get them to delay accusing us of something we didn’t do? | 换取他们延后指控一件 我们没有做的事情? |
[10:15] | – Ben. – I’m just saying. Tell me. | -宝 -说说而已,告诉我 |
[10:17] | You’re planning to attack two Qumari training bases in retaliation… | 你打算攻击两个库马训练基地 做为报复 |
[10:21] | – Yes, sir. – Don’t. | -是的,先生 -不要 |
[10:22] | That’s out of the question. | 不可能 |
[10:24] | If you hold off, Fitzwallace can get the Qumari defense minister… | 如果你拖延一下,费兹华利斯 就可以让库马的国防部长 |
[10:28] | …to have the sultan hold off a week. | 叫回教头子也拖一星期 |
[10:31] | Leo, look at what’s happening. | 里奥,看看目前的情况 |
[10:33] | They’re getting you to pull us back by continuing this preposterous lie. | 是他们不断用荒谬的谎话 利用你们扯我们后腿 |
[10:37] | We’re not the ones playing skeet shoot with their cabinet. | 我们可不是跟他们的阁员 玩飞靶的人 |
[10:41] | No, no, Ben. | 不,不,宝 |
[10:43] | I think we’re in this one together. | 这件事,我想我们是一起行动的 |
[10:48] | Yes, I apologize for that remark. | 对,我为我的话道歉 |
[10:52] | When are you flying back? | 你什么时候要飞回去? |
[10:55] | Right after lunch. | 午餐后就走 |
[10:56] | – You can fly on the Sabbath? – If I have to. | -你要在安息日飞? -该飞还是得飞 |
[11:01] | You’ll take it to the prime minister? | 你会跟总理好好谈吗? |
[11:03] | Leo, you know what you’re doing? You’re advising the president well? | 里奥,你知道你在做什么? 你是总统的好顾问吗? |
[11:09] | A number of people are advising the president. | 很多人都是总统的顾问 |
[11:12] | I’m only asking because right now… | 我会这么问是因为目前 |
[11:16] | …we’re losing. | 我们屈居下风 |
[11:20] | Will you take it to him? | 你会跟他谈谈吗? |
[11:22] | Yes. | 会 |
[11:31] | Yeah, a friend of mine, his son just got his pilot’s license and he lives in Phoenix. | 对,我有个朋友,他住在 凤凰城的儿子刚拿到飞行执照 (星期六) |
[11:37] | And his big fear isn’t crashing… | 他最大的恐惧不是坠机 |
[11:39] | …it’s getting lost in the desert. So he bought five gallons of water… | 是迷失在沙漠里 所以他带了五加仑的水 |
[11:43] | …a superpowered flashlight and… | 强力电池手电筒以及 |
[11:46] | I don’t know, a thing that makes pancakes… | 跟一种可以做煎饼的东西 |
[11:49] | And now he’s on every survivalist mailing list? | 每个生存者都要联络他? |
[11:51] | – That’s right. – Anyway, yes, they’re well-supplied… | -没错 -总之,对,他们补给很够 |
[11:54] | …not endlessly supplied. We can wait them out. | 并非无限的补给 我们可以等他们用光补给 |
[11:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[11:58] | A guy told me I should take flying lessons because it would relax me. | 有人叫我去学开飞机 因为有助于放轻松 |
[12:01] | – I don’t think it would, do you? – No, I think you of all people… | -我不认为管用,你呢? -不,我觉得你是 |
[12:05] | …shouldn’t fly things. | 最不应该去飞什么东西的 |
[12:08] | – Senator… – You brought the big guns. | -参议员 -你是带枪的危险份子 |
[12:10] | Not having any guns of my own. Obviously you know John Baxley. | 我可没带枪 这是你认识的约翰巴斯里 |
[12:13] | Congressman Baxley, Senators Jackson and White… | 巴斯里议员 杰克森参议员与怀特 |
[12:16] | …Secretaries Weaver and Keaton. | 韦芙与基顿秘书 |
[12:18] | And you all probably know Susan Thomas and Amelia Gardner. | 还有你们可能都认识的 苏珊汤玛斯与艾咪嘉纳 |
[12:22] | Howard, it’s becoming hard for BFA staff to plan strategy without knowing… | 霍华,博鳌亚洲论坛 愈来愈难研发策略了 |
[12:27] | …at exactly what hour you’ll drop out and endorse the president. | 因为大家不知道你何时 会突然放手去帮总统背书 |
[12:31] | What hour would be best for you, Michael? | 麦可,那你什么时候方便呢? |
[12:33] | I’m inconveniencing one of my opponents? | 我让我的一个对手不方便了? |
[12:37] | – Seriously. – Yes? | -正是 -是吗? |
[12:39] | I was very happy that you did not respond on needle exchange. | 我很高兴你没有回应针筒交换的事 |
[12:42] | I haven’t responded on needle exchange. | 我还没有回应 |
[12:45] | And I’m saying I’m happy about that. | 我说我很高兴 |
[12:47] | No, I’m mean it’s not that I didn’t. It’s that I haven’t. | 不,我是指,我“还没有”回 |
[12:50] | – Are you going to? – I don’t know. | -你会回应? -我不知道 |
[12:51] | – Well, what’s your thinking? – Regarding what, Jason? | -嗯,你有何看法? -关于什么,杰生? |
[12:54] | – This doesn’t need to be tedious. – It was our understanding… | -我们不用浪费时间 -我们都知道 |
[12:57] | …that the senator was going to drop out and campaign for the president… | 参议员总会去帮总统造势 |
[13:01] | …sometime before the first debate. | 也许就在第一次辩论会之前 |
[13:03] | – Have we had the first debate? – No. | -我们举行第一次辩论了吗? -还没 |
[13:06] | And since the Sullivan ruling, things have gotten murkier. | 既然苏利文的事变阴沉了 |
[13:08] | You didn’t get into this to hurt the president, Howard. | 霍华,你当初 也不是为了伤害总统加入的 |
[13:11] | – I got in it to raise issues. – And I’m all for that. | -我是为了提出议题 -我完全支持 |
[13:16] | As long as I don’t in any way speak. | 只要我闭嘴别高谈阔论 |
[13:18] | Excuse me. Now that I have you all sitting down… | 对不起 既然你们都坐下了 |
[13:21] | …I’ll be right outside the door. | 我就在门外 |
[13:37] | – Do you need me? – Yeah. | -你需要我帮忙吗? -对 |
[13:39] | Can you run to the staff secretary’s office? | 你能跑一趟幕僚长秘书的办公室吗? |
[13:41] | Ellen’s not there. Someone should be. | 艾琳不在那里 应该有别人在 |
[13:43] | Just take what needs to be signed today. | 去拿今天要签名的过来就好 |
[13:45] | They’ll try to give you a stack. There’s where you become a man. | 他们会给你一大堆 你要有主见才行 |
[13:49] | – Should I use sex as a tactic? – If you need to. | -我应该运用魅力吗? -必要的话 |
[13:51] | Hell, even if you just want to. | 管你的,你喜欢就好 |
[13:53] | There are executive orders I need to make sure are there. | 有一些我必须确定存在的 行政命令 |
[13:56] | – Can you copy these down? – Yeah. | -你可以帮我影印吗? -可以 |
[14:05] | – Wanna know what I’m doing? – How long’ll this take? | -想知道我在做什么吗? -还要多久? |
[14:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:10] | – I’m leaving. – Okay, see you. | -我要走了 -好,再见 |
[14:12] | Emily, can you get me Mrs. Toscano at Social Services? | 艾茉莉,可以帮我接 社福部的托坎诺女士吗? |
[14:15] | I’ll be back in a few minutes. | 我马上好 |
[14:22] | That makes you feel like something, huh? | 这样会让你觉得很臭屁,对不对? |
[14:25] | That you got power over me? | 你的权力远远凌驾我? |
[14:27] | In two minutes the deputy communications director… | 再两分钟通讯副总监 |
[14:30] | …will come in and say the speech he’s writing for Red Mass isn’t going well… | 就会进来跟我说 他红弥撒的演讲写不好 |
[14:34] | …and could I read it for him. | 希望我帮他顺一下 |
[14:36] | And you think you’re what makes me feel like something? | 你却以为你让我觉得很臭屁? |
[14:43] | – What’s Red Mass? – I didn’t hear you. | -红弥撒是什么? -什么? |
[14:44] | I said, what’s Red Mass? | 我说,红弥撒是什么? |
[14:46] | The Supreme Court convenes on the first Monday in October. | 最高法庭将在十月的 第一个星期一召集完成 |
[14:49] | On the Sunday before that, a mass is held for the members of the court… | 前一天那个星期日 会为法庭的成员举行弥撒 |
[14:53] | …that’s attended by the cabinet… | 而内阁 |
[14:55] | …Congress and the president. – What about church and state? | -国会与总统都会参加 -那么教堂与国家原则呢? |
[14:58] | I swear, I can’t hear you when you speak. Can you help me? | 我听不到你的声音 你说话能不能大声一点? |
[15:01] | – I said, it’s church and state. – What about it? | -我说,是教堂与国家 -怎样? |
[15:04] | – You’re not supposed to do it. – Who said that? | -那是不可以的 -谁说的? |
[15:06] | – I’m talking about law. – What law? | -我是在说法律 -什么法律? |
[15:08] | You like to slap me because that’s your power thing, so I’ll sit and say nothing. | 你想压我因为那是你的专职 我不说了 |
[15:15] | The law. Separation of church and state. | 法律规定的 教堂与国家分开的原则 |
[15:18] | – Who told you that? – You know what I’m talking about. | -这是谁跟你说的? -你知道我在说什么 |
[15:20] | The government and church aren’t supposed… | 政府跟教堂不应该 |
[15:23] | – They shouldn’t be the same. – You think there’s a law? | -两者不应该并行的 -你觉得有这个法律? |
[15:25] | – There is. – What kind of law? | -有 -什么法律? |
[15:27] | – What the hell? – City, state, federal? | -搞什么? -市、州或联邦法? |
[15:29] | I don’t know about those things, but I know there’s a law. | 我不知道,不过我确定有这条法律 |
[15:32] | Prove it. | 证明 (美国宪法) |
[15:38] | Charlie, I’m eating it on Red Mass and I don’t wanna show it to Toby yet. | 查理,这我要在红弥撒用的 我还不想给托比看 |
[15:43] | Would you mind reading it and then hitting me with a fairway wood? | 你能帮忙念一念 再给我当头棒喝一下吗? |
[15:46] | Yep. | 好 |
[15:49] | Janet. | 珍娜 |
[15:51] | Or Jeanette, as I sometimes like to call you. | 或我有时候喜欢叫的小珍娜 |
[15:53] | Sometimes I call you”cupcake,” is that okay? | 我有时候叫你“小蛋糕” 可以吗? |
[15:55] | – Totally. – Deductibility for tuition. | -可以 -可扣抵学费 |
[15:58] | – You had a briefing? – Yes, and I’m so happy… | -你有收到简报吗? -有,我很高兴 |
[16:00] | …I could dance in a musical. – That’d be a tough ticket to get. | -我乐得可以去跳音乐剧了 -那票可能卖不出去 |
[16:03] | It’s wonderful. I can only assume it was your idea. | 太棒了 我想一定是你的点子 |
[16:06] | It was Josh and Toby, but I can see where you’d make the mistake. | 是乔西跟托比,不过我 不过,我知道你为什么会猜错 |
[16:09] | It does have the flavor of me. | 整个简报有我的感觉 |
[16:11] | – The insouciance. – Yeah. | -信手捻来的风格 -对 |
[16:13] | – Guess what I’ve been asked to do. – Validators. | -你猜猜,还叫我做什么 -推动人 |
[16:15] | – Line up validators. – And you’re asking me? | -召集推动人 -你要我做? |
[16:17] | You’re the third-ranking non-male of the minority on Ways and Means. | 你是财源委员会第三级非男性成员 |
[16:21] | – When you say it like that… – Economists will say it’s good policy. | -只要你登高一呼 -经济学家就会说是好政策 |
[16:24] | Colleges will talk about shrinking aid budgets. | 大学会讨论缩减奖助预算 |
[16:27] | – Where do you want me? – Sunday mornings. | -你什么时候要我? -星期天上午 |
[16:29] | I’ll make you a book. Congratulations. | 我会给你做好一本资料 恭禧 |
[16:31] | – I’ll do my best. – Your best is good. | -我会尽力的 -你尽力就够好了 |
[16:33] | Oh, I was just called. Horton Wilde is in the hospital. He’s had a heart attack. | 哦,有人通知我荷顿怀尔德住院了 他心脏病发 |
[16:37] | Horton Wilde isn’t the same as Thornton Wilder, is it? | 荷顿怀尔德 跟桑顿怀尔德不一样吗? |
[16:40] | – I’m talking about California. – If Thornton Wilder had a heart attack… | -我是在说加州的 -如果桑顿怀尔德得心脏病 |
[16:44] | …that’d be news. – You don’t know who Horton Wilde is. | -那才叫新闻 -你不认识荷顿怀尔德 |
[16:47] | – He wrote Skin of Our Teeth. – He’s running in the 47th. | -他写过《九死一生》 -他是民主党,在第47选区竞选 |
[16:50] | How can you not know who he is? | 你怎么可能不知道他呢? |
[16:52] | Has a Democrat won the 47th in the last 100 years? | 在过去这一百年来 民主党有在第47选区赢过吗? |
[16:55] | – No. – That’s how. | -没有 -所以�� |
[16:56] | Maybe if when Democrats had the White House, more attention was paid… | 也许民主党入驻白宫 就该更注意 |
[17:00] | – To Orange County? What kind? – Knowing the candidate’s name, say. | -注意橘郡吗?注意什么? -注意候选人的名字啊 |
[17:03] | This was his fourth one, by the way. | 对了,这可是他的第四次了 |
[17:05] | – Fourth what? – Heart attack. | -第四次什么? -心脏病发 |
[17:08] | The Democrats have nominated someone who’s had… | 民主党提名一个已经 |
[17:11] | …three heart attacks? – Yes. | -三度心脏病发的人? -对 |
[17:13] | And you think I don’t care enough about…? | 你以为我不够在乎? |
[17:15] | What kind of signal does this send to…? I have to talk… | 这种讯号要传给? 我得谈谈 |
[17:19] | No, this won’t be a part of my life. | 不,这不是我分内的事 |
[17:21] | Wow, you just did a whole thing all by yourself. | 哇,你一个人做太多事情了 |
[17:24] | – Yeah, I do that. – Thanks again for the opportunity. | -对,我是 -再感谢你给我的机会 |
[17:26] | I’ll pass it on to Leo. | 我会跟里奥报告的 |
[17:28] | – Why do we think the boy is sick? – Mike? | -我们为什么觉得那孩子病了? -麦克? |
[17:32] | Our thermal scanner shows no movement in the last eight hours. | 我们的温度侦测器显示 在过去八小时没有移动的现象 |
[17:35] | With congestive heart failure, you have to take the medication or die. | 充血性心脏衰很的病人 不吃药就会死 |
[17:38] | Going by the last time the prescription was filled, he’s been out for six days. | 虽配备上次的处方药 但他也待六天了 |
[17:43] | Mr. President, we feel the only way to save this boy is to abandon our plan… | 总统先生,我们觉得为了救他 只好放弃我们的计划 |
[17:47] | …and take the house now. We think we’ll be successful. | 现在就攻下这屋子 我们觉得我们会成功的 |
[17:51] | – How do you do it? – We put a hole in the wall with C-4. | -你们要怎么做? -我们要用炸药在墙上打个洞 |
[17:54] | Twelve men storm the house wearing specially made goggles and earplugs. | 十二个人穿戴特殊口罩与耳塞闯入 |
[17:58] | – Why? – Because they’ll throw flashbangs. | -为什么? -因为他们会要丢闪光弹 |
[18:00] | It’s the size of a grenade but instead of spraying shrapnel… | 就像手榴弹一样大小 不过不会造成碎片 |
[18:04] | …it makes a deafening sound and releases a flash… | 只会发出巨响并释出强光 |
[18:06] | …seven times brighter than the sun. | 是日光的七倍 |
[18:09] | – You hear that? – I’ve seen them. | -你听到了吗? -我见识过 |
[18:15] | Where’s the table? | 大家意下如何? |
[18:19] | We’re… | 我们 |
[18:20] | …all agreed, sir. | 全都同意,先生 |
[18:30] | All right, we should do it. | 好,我们应该可以 |
[18:33] | Let’s get the kid. Good luck, everybody. Good luck, Mr. Casper. | 我们去带那小孩出来吧 祝大家幸运,坎斯柏,你也是 |
[18:36] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thank you, sir. | -谢谢你,总统先生 -谢谢你,先生 |
[18:49] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[18:51] | Nothing. I was… | 没什么,我是 |
[18:53] | Nothing. I was thinking about something Yosef said yesterday. | 没,我在想昨天宾尤谢夫说的话 |
[19:07] | Hello. | 哈�� |
[19:08] | Hello. | 哈�� |
[19:10] | – Is Susan Thomas…? – Troubled? | -苏珊汤玛斯? -麻烦吗? |
[19:13] | A pain in the ass? | 超级难搞? |
[19:16] | – What do you think of him? – Stackhouse? | -你觉得他怎样? -史塔克豪斯? |
[19:18] | – Yes. – I’ve always liked Stackhouse. | -对 -我一直喜欢他 |
[19:20] | I’d vote for him, but he’s not on the ballot in Connecticut. Or 22 other states. | 我会投给他,可是他的选区 不在康奈迪克或其他22个州 |
[19:25] | Perhaps I should vote in New York or California… | 也许我应该在纽约或加州投票 |
[19:28] | …where he’s polling at four percent. | 他在那里有百分之四的民调 |
[19:30] | – Of likely voters. – I’m sorry? | -是投票选民 -什么? |
[19:32] | – Those polls sample likely voters. – Yeah. | -抽样样本是针对会去投的选民 -对 |
[19:35] | When a third candidate gets elected, it’s gonna be by unlikely voters. | 如果第三候选人想当选 全靠中间选民 |
[19:39] | And why is that good? Why are we eager…? | 那有什么好? 我们何必急着? |
[19:42] | Why are we encouraging a group of people… | 我们干嘛鼓舞那些 |
[19:44] | …who are so howl-at-the-moon lazy-ass stupid… | 浪费时间只会作白日梦的懒惰虫 |
[19:47] | …they can’t bring themselves to raise their hands? | 一群连举手投票都懒的人? |
[19:50] | Why is it important that they be brought into the process? | 为什么把这些人 带入选举过程是很重要的? |
[19:54] | You should stop being mad at me. | 你不该再生我的气了 |
[19:56] | – I’m not. – You are. | -我没有 -你有 |
[19:57] | You know, I lost my job because of a strategy you organized. | 为了你的策略 我才丢了工作 |
[20:01] | You lost your job in a fashion that insured you 93 better offers. | 你丢的饭碗使你立刻就有93个 更好赚的工作在等你 |
[20:06] | That’s sweet of you to look out for me, but I liked the job I had. | 感谢你的照顾 但我喜欢我原来的工作 |
[20:09] | And when I lost it, I didn’t pitch anything. | 当我丢了饭碗的时候 我也没乱丢东西 |
[20:13] | I didn’t stage a nutty. | 我也没发狂 |
[20:14] | I fought you. I lost. I had a drink. I took a shower. | 我跟你对抗,我输了 我喝了点酒、冲着澡 |
[20:18] | Because that’s how it is in the NBA. | 就像在职篮打球一样 |
[20:21] | You know what I do when I win? Two drinks. | 你知道我赢会怎样吗? 喝两杯 |
[20:23] | I didn’t start consulting with Stackhouse to piss you off. | 我帮史塔克豪斯不是为了气你 |
[20:27] | There are things here I believe in. | 这里有我相信的东西存在 |
[20:29] | I didn’t come here to piss you off. I wanted to say if the senator responds… | 我到这里来不是为了气你 我想说,如果参议员回应 |
[20:33] | …on needle exchange, don’t take the bait. | 注射针筒交换的事 总统不该上钩 |
[20:36] | No kidding. | 不是开玩笑的 |
[20:39] | All right, I’m going back in. | 好,我要回去了 |
[20:45] | He’s taking the president’s votes. It’s as simple… | 他要带走总统的选票 就这么简单 |
[20:47] | He is taking the president’s votes. | 他要带走总统的选票 |
[20:51] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[20:54] | I’m not indifferent to the situation, but that’s the crazy part of your argument. | 我对这状况并非没感觉 不过你的论点很疯狂 |
[20:59] | – Why? – They’re not his votes. | -为什么? -他们不是他的选票 |
[21:14] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[21:17] | Hello. | 哈�� |
[21:18] | How was it? | 情况如何? |
[21:21] | – I’m sorry? – How was it? | -什么? -情况如何? |
[21:23] | It was… | 情况 |
[21:25] | I don’t know, it was… | 我不知道,情况 |
[21:27] | I don’t… | 我不 |
[21:29] | Maybe I’m not ready to talk about it yet. | 也许,我还没准备谈 |
[21:31] | It was a transforming… No, that’s the wrong word. | 那是一种转型过渡期 不,这样说不对 |
[21:34] | We are not”transformed.” We locate the light switch. | 我们没有“转型” 我们只是找到一盏明灯 |
[21:38] | I own myself, Josh. | 我拥有我自己,乔西 |
[21:40] | You don’t mind if I say that out loud frequently… | 如果我常常没有怨念地 大声说出来 |
[21:43] | …with no provocation, do you? – Why? | -你不会介意吧? -为什么? |
[21:45] | – I live my life out loud. – You’re reading the book? | -我要大声的生活 -你在读那本书? |
[21:48] | – The owner’s manual. – Are you serious? | -使用者手册 -你是认真的? |
[21:50] | No, you idiot, I need a shower! | 不,你这笨蛋,我得去冲个澡! |
[21:52] | – All right. – I’ve got, like, radioactive stuff on me. | -好吧 -我全身都是放射性的东西 |
[21:55] | And you call me a snob? | 你骂我笨蛋? |
[21:56] | Please. It was like the”there but for the grace of God” society. | 拜托,那里就像万福上帝的社区 |
[22:00] | – Anybody ask you out? – Shut up. | -有人要约你出去吗? -闭嘴 |
[22:02] | – So report to me. What did he say? – Why is this important? | -跟我做报告,他都说了些什么? -这有什么重要的吗? |
[22:05] | – What did he say? – This is cheap. | -他说什么? -这招很贱 |
[22:06] | – I’ll say. – I’m talking about this. | -我自有评断 -我是说 |
[22:08] | So the guy’s consulted for Ritchie. He’s a buffoon, but he’s harmless. | 就算这家伙是李奇的顾问 他是个小丑,但他是无害的 |
[22:12] | – Why should it be part of the campaign? – Because it’s not harmless in a president. | -干嘛把他扯进这场竞赛? -因为总统大选是没有所谓无害的 |
[22:16] | Nothing he said was wrong or objectionable. | 他说的都没错、也没有异议 |
[22:18] | As opposed to the man sitting next to me, whose name was Fern. | 他跟坐在我旁边 一个叫芬的人完全不同 |
[22:22] | Open this book to any page. | 随便翻一页 |
[22:26] | Okay. Well… | 好,那 |
[22:28] | …this is an order form to buy Owning Yourself… | 这是一张购买 《拥有自己》的采购单 |
[22:32] | …follow-up to the worldwide bestseller… – Leasing Yourself. | -追随全世界畅销书作家 -《出租自己》 |
[22:35] | “It’s good to be trapped in a corner. | “被困在角落是很好的 |
[22:38] | – That’s when you act.” – That’s true. | -那就是你要行动的一刻” -这是真的 |
[22:40] | It is. In my case it’s the only time that I do. | 是的,我就是 我就是这样 |
[22:42] | – So? – It’s lmmanuel Kant. | -所以呢? -这是康德的话 |
[22:44] | “Duty. Sublime and mighty name… | “责任、庄严与伟大的名 |
[22:47] | …that embraces nothing charming or insinuating but requires submission.” | 拥抱的是谦恭而非狐媚或奉承” |
[22:50] | Every year a million freshmen philosophy students read that sentence… | 每年有百万个哲学系的新鲜人 都会读到这一句 |
[22:54] | And change their major? | 然后改变他们的主修学科? |
[22:56] | You’ve got a mouthful of wiseass today, don’t you? | 你今天就是要尖牙利嘴,对不对? |
[22:59] | – I located the light switch. – Could you locate it again? | -我找到了一盏明灯 -你还能再去找一次吗? |
[23:01] | So he cribbed Kant, isn’t that what you should do? | 就算他抄康德的 你也可以去抄啊? |
[23:04] | It comes from a 193-page book called a Critique of Practical Reason. | 那来自一本193页的书 书名叫《应用理性的批判》 |
[23:08] | It’s about metaphysics and epistemology. | 是关于玄学与知识论的着述 |
[23:10] | Tomba’s impressively boiled it down to two-thirds of one page. | 东巴把一页浓缩成三分之二 |
[23:13] | – Give me another one. -“Look outside the cave.” | -再给我另一句 -“看洞穴之外” |
[23:16] | That’s from an old paperback called The Republic, by Plato. | 这来自柏拉图的《共和国》 |
[23:19] | Lucky Tomba was able to fit it on a fortune cookie… | 东巴要套用这东西在签语上 |
[23:21] | …so it suits the attention span of the Republican nominee. | 正好能引起共和党 被提名人的注意力 |
[23:24] | Here he quotes Robert Frost. | 他这里又有引述罗伯特佛斯特的 |
[23:27] | “Good fences make good neighbors.” | “好的藩篱建立好的邻里” |
[23:29] | – Did he talk about that? – Yeah. | -他有谈到这句吗? -有 |
[23:31] | – What’d he say? – That if you stay… | -他怎么说? -就是如果你能停留在 |
[23:33] | …within your personal space you’ll end up getting along fine with everyone. | 自己的个人空间 最后就能跟大家处得来 |
[23:38] | – You had to study modern poetry. – Yes. | -你读过现代诗 -是 |
[23:40] | Is that what Frost meant? | 佛斯特是这个意思吗? |
[23:42] | No. He meant that boundaries are what alienate us from each other. | 不,他的意思是 界限使我们彼此疏离 |
[23:46] | Why’d he say “good fences make good neighbors”? | 他为什么说 “好的藩篱建立好的邻里”? |
[23:49] | He was being ironic, but I don’t… | 他是在讽刺,可是我不 |
[23:51] | What does it remind you of? “I believe in hope, not fear.” | 你会想起什么? “我相信希望而非恐惧” |
[23:54] | “I’m a leader, not a politician.” “It’s time for an American leader.” | “我是领导人而非政治家” “现在正是美国领导人的时代” |
[23:59] | “America’s earned a change.” “I before E except after C.” | “美国已赢得改变” “I在E前C后的拼字规则” |
[24:03] | It’s the fortune-cookie candidacy. | 这些是候选人的签语 |
[24:07] | These are important thinkers and understanding them can be very useful… | 这些是重要的思想家 了解他们是相当实用的 |
[24:11] | …and it’s not ever gonna happen at a four-hour seminar. | 四个小时的研讨会是学不完的 |
[24:13] | When the president’s got an embassy surrounded… | 当总统与有个大使在外被绑 |
[24:16] | …or a keyhole photograph of a heavy water reactor… | 或反应炉破了个洞 |
[24:19] | …or any of the 50 life-and-death matters that walk across his desk every day… | 或有什么九死一生的大事件 每天从他的眼前经过 |
[24:23] | …I don’t know if he thinks about lmmanuel Kant. | 我不知道他会不会想起康德 |
[24:25] | I doubt it, but if he does, I am comforted, at least… | 我怀疑,不过如果他想起 我会感到安慰,至少 |
[24:28] | …in my certainty that he’s doing his best to reach for all of it… | 我会知道他尽力要追求最好 |
[24:32] | …and not just the McNuggets. | 而不只是在想麦克鸡块 |
[24:36] | Is it possible we would be willing to require any less… | 我们是否愿意对坐在那职位的人 |
[24:40] | …of the person sitting in that chair? | 别要求那么高? |
[24:42] | The low road? | 没知识的人可以吗? |
[24:45] | I don’t think it is. | 我想不可能 |
[24:50] | All right. | 好 |
[24:52] | I’ll go through the book this weekend… | 我这周末再看看书 |
[24:54] | …highlight some things, and I’ll trace it back. | 划些重点,我会记起一些的 |
[24:57] | – Yeah, make sure you… – I said I’d do it, Buckminster. | -对,你得确定 -我都说我会做的,大哲学家 |
[25:03] | – A guy named Fern? – Don’t talk to me about Fern. | -一个叫芬的男人? -别跟我谈那个人 |
[25:06] | – You’re sure it wasn’t Vern? – I thought so, but it’s Fern. | -会不会是叫阿福? -我也想过,不过他叫芬 |
[25:09] | Let me know when the report gets in. | 有报告再来找我 |
[25:16] | – Hey, Sam. – What’s wrong with the other door? | -嘿,山姆 -另一扇门怎么了? |
[25:19] | I don’t know. You close it, and it’s locking by itself. What’s up? | 我不知道,把门关了就会自动锁住 什么事? |
[25:23] | Do you know who Horton Wilde is? | 你知道荷顿怀尔德是谁? |
[25:25] | That name sounds familiar. | 很熟的名字 |
[25:27] | – He’s running in Orange County. – Yeah. | -他在橘郡参选 -是 |
[25:29] | He’s in the hospital. He’s had a heart attack. | 他人在医院 是心脏病发作 |
[25:32] | – I’m sorry to hear that. – It’s his fourth. | -很遗憾听到这种消息 -是第四次发病 |
[25:35] | In Idaho we’re running a guy who lost a race for City Council. | 在爱达荷,我们有个参选的家伙 连市议员都没选上 |
[25:39] | In the Texas 22nd, our candidate’s an electrical engineer… | 在德州第22选区 我们的候选人是个电匠 |
[25:43] | …who paid his filing fee by dumping the cash out of a cigar box. | 他支付申请参选费用的钱 是从雪茄盒里倒出来的 |
[25:46] | Arizona 6th features a Democrat who nine weeks ago registered as a Democrat. | 亚利桑那第六选区一个民主党候选人 是在九星期前才入党的 |
[25:50] | You just named three districts that are impossible for Democrats. | 你说了三个 民主党不可能赢的选区 |
[25:54] | Finding qualified sacrificial lambs ain’t easy. | 发掘合格的羔羊不是容易的事 |
[25:57] | When the DCCC tries to raise money by saying we’re taking back the House… | 当民主党国会大选委员会想募款时 都说我们要抢回国会优势 |
[26:01] | …it doesn’t look like we’re giving it our all. | 但我们似乎不像有全力在运作 |
[26:03] | Line one. | 一线 |
[26:05] | This is it. | 就这样 |
[26:07] | We’re putting our resources where they’ll do the most good. | 我们把资源放在最能发挥的地方 |
[26:12] | This is Leo McGarry. | 我是里奥马加瑞 |
[26:19] | Yeah, can someone fax that over? | 是,可以传真过来吗? |
[26:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:25] | We didn’t get the five. | 我们没拿到五个 |
[26:28] | – No. – Three? | -没 -三个? |
[26:30] | Two. | 两个 |
[26:31] | Two? | 两个? |
[26:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:35] | Margaret? | 玛格丽特? |
[26:38] | Would you let Josh, Toby and C.J. know that the report came out. | 通知乔西、托比跟茜洁这个结果 |
[26:41] | It’s two debates. | 有两次辩论 |
[26:44] | – And I’m here. – Yeah. | -还有我在这里 -好 |
[26:48] | – They give you a reason? – They’re faxing it over. | -他们有给你理由吗? -他们会传真过来 |
[26:50] | Don’t we want a debate on new global threats? | 我们不是要辩论新的全球威胁? |
[26:52] | – Doesn’t everybody want one debate…? – I don’t know. | -大家不都是要一个辩论? -我不知道 |
[26:57] | Do you read much international news? | 你有看很多国际新闻? |
[27:00] | The Herald Tribune. Whatever C.J. puts in front of me. Agence France. | 有《先驱论坛报》、《法新社》 茜洁放在我面前的报纸 |
[27:03] | So you read that Qumar reopened the investigation… | 所以你有看到库马重新调查 |
[27:06] | …into Abdul Shareef’s plane going down. | 夏瑞夫坠机的事 |
[27:08] | Yeah. They’ll say Israel had something to do with it. | 有,他们说是以色列动的手脚 |
[27:11] | – You think they did? – What do I know? | -你觉得这样? -我哪会知道? |
[27:14] | Shareef was a bad guy. | 夏瑞夫是个坏家伙 |
[27:16] | Feels like he had money in the Bahji cell. | 他似乎有钱藏在巴基组织那里 |
[27:19] | He did. He was also behind a plot to blow up the Golden Gate Bridge. | 是,他还阴谋要炸掉金门大桥 |
[27:24] | Bridges and tunnels. | 桥与隧道 |
[27:27] | That’s my nightmare. What’s yours? | 是我的梦魇 你的呢? |
[27:30] | Well, now it’s bridges and tunnels, Sam. | 现在是桥与隧道,山姆 |
[27:32] | – Then my work here is done. – It’s that I don’t know… | -那我在此的工作完了 -我不晓得 |
[27:36] | …what winning looks like. What does it look like? Is it…? | 赢会是什么样子 赢了会什么样子? |
[27:40] | I mean, is it honestly the U.S. flag flying over Mecca? | 我是指,真的是要让美国国旗 飘扬在麦加之上吗? |
[27:43] | Is that what’ll straighten this out? | 如此一来才事情能解决吗? |
[27:45] | And if that’s the case, why are we postponing that? | 如果是这样的话 那我们干嘛还拖延? |
[27:48] | What are we hoping is gonna happen in the meantime? | 我们又以为这过渡期能怎样? |
[27:54] | That somebody’ll think of something… | 有人会想抢先做出什么 |
[27:56] | …before we have to do the unthinkable. | 连想都想不到的事吗? |
[27:59] | You’re one of the big minds of your generation. Thought of anything yet? | 你是你们这个世代的思想家 你有思考什么吗? |
[28:03] | – No. – Neither have I. | -没有 -我也没有 |
[28:05] | Neither has the president of the United States, also a pretty good mind. | 美国总统也是 他也是个好聪明的人 |
[28:11] | – The Golden Gate Bridge? – Yeah. | -金门大桥? -对 |
[28:17] | Leo, we didn’t have anything to do with Shareef’s plane going down, did we? | 里奥,我们跟夏瑞夫的飞机失事 没有关联吧? |
[28:27] | Sorry. Two debates? | 对不起,两次辩论? |
[28:29] | Yeah. The president and Bruno aren’t gonna take it well. | 对,总统跟布鲁诺很难接受 |
[28:33] | There’s one person who’ll take it worse. | 还有一个人更难接受 |
[28:35] | Who? | 谁? |
[28:36] | Could somebody open the damn door? | 请哪位打开这该死的门好吗? |
[28:38] | I’ll get it. It’s locked or something. | 我来 门被锁住了 |
[28:41] | – Don’t force it. I’ll try… – Two debates?! | -别用力,我来设法 -两次? |
[28:43] | – Yeah. – Did they say why? | -对 -他们有说为什么吗? |
[28:45] | They’re faxing their statement and having a press conference Monday. | 他们把主张传过来 星期一还会召开记者会 |
[28:48] | Here’s the fax. | 传真在这里 |
[28:50] | – And the president’s asking for you. -“Given the inability of…” | -总统叫你过去 -“因为” |
[28:53] | – Do you mind me reading this? – Would it matter? | -我可以念出来吗? -有关系吗? |
[28:56] | “The two major parties to agree upon earlier commission proposals… | “两大政党对委员会 较早之提议无法达成共识 |
[28:59] | …uncertainty caused by recent court rulings and the shortened time period… | 加上近期法庭之判决影响 以致无法在短期 |
[29:03] | …in which to schedule debates for maximum viewing… | 规划大规模之辩论 |
[29:06] | …the commission amends…” He got what he wanted for dragging his feet. | 因此委员会决议修改” 他是自找的 |
[29:10] | That’s why he did it. Can’t fault him for having a winning strategy. | 他是故意的 不能怪他运用一个赢的策略 |
[29:13] | – I’m not faulting him, I’m faulting them. – Be back in a minute. | -我没怪他,我怪他们 -马上回来 |
[29:16] | That should be marked Central Daylight Time, 2:05 p.m. | 应该是中央日光节约时间 下午两点零五分 |
[29:19] | – Leo, they did it. – What? | -里奥,他们成功了 -什么? |
[29:21] | – Casper’s boys. – Hey, really? | -坎斯柏的手下 -嘿,真的吗? |
[29:23] | – One suspect… You should tell him. – One suspect was killed… | -一名嫌犯你自己告诉他 -一名嫌犯被杀 |
[29:26] | …another wounded. – Wounded, that’s it. | -另一名受伤 -受伤,好 |
[29:28] | – Our guys… – Our guys are fine. | -我们的人 -我们的人没事 |
[29:30] | They are fine. We seized high explosive gunpowder, galvanized steel pipes… | 他们全都没事,我们没收了 高引爆性的火药、镀锌铁管 |
[29:35] | …time fuses, blasting caps… – And, come on. And… | -定时导火线、爆破雷管 -还有,快,还有 |
[29:39] | Blueprints to the pool at KSU. | 肯尼逊大学游泳池采到的指纹 |
[29:43] | – And the kid? – He’s… | -那孩子呢? -他是 |
[29:45] | – Go ahead, sir. – University hospital, stable condition. | -继续,先生 -在大学医院,情况稳定 |
[29:49] | Mike, pick out a daughter. My oldest is married, but I can have it annulled. | 麦克,挑个女儿,最大的虽然嫁人了 我也可叫她撤销 |
[29:53] | – The pope said he’d do it. – That’s very friendly, thank you. | -教宗说他会主持婚礼的 -真是太好了,谢谢你 |
[29:56] | – Was that note anything I need? – I don’t know. | -纸条里有我需要的吗? -我不知道 |
[29:58] | Israeli search and rescue is looking for a transport that fell off radar 12 hours… | 以色列进行搜救 自雷达消失十二小时的飞机 |
[30:03] | Twelve hours and 22 minutes into the flight. | 总计已消失十二小时又二十二分 |
[30:05] | About 15… | 约十五 |
[30:07] | About 25 minutes before it was scheduled to land at Ben Gurion Airport. | 该班飞机原计 在二十五分前于机场降落 |
[30:11] | – Where did it originate? – It originated… | -飞机起飞的地点是哪里? -飞机自 |
[30:14] | Oh, God. | 哦,天 |
[30:16] | I think Ben Yosef is on that plane. I think… | 我想宾尤谢夫就在飞机上 我想 |
[30:19] | – He is. – Did they give coordinates? | -是的 -有说出坐标吗? |
[30:21] | 33º51 ‘ North, 34 º 47’ East. | 北纬33度51,东经34度47 |
[30:24] | – 34 º 47′. – It’s Lebanon, right? | -34度47 -是黎巴嫩? |
[30:26] | Yeah, southern Lebanon. | 是,黎巴嫩南部 |
[30:27] | At any rate, Mr. President, the… The S&Rs just got under way. | 总统先生 搜救队刚出发而已 |
[30:32] | Okay. Somebody’ll keep me posted. | 好,随时掌握消息给我 |
[30:34] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you, sir. | -是的,先生 -谢谢你,先生 |
[30:37] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[30:39] | Mike. | 麦克 |
[30:40] | – No kidding, thank you. – Thank you, sir. | -不是开玩笑的,谢谢你 -谢谢你,先生 |
[30:52] | Ben Yosef’s plane is missing. | 宾尤谢夫的飞机失踪了 |
[30:57] | Now, how did I not see that coming? | 我怎么会没料到呢? |
[31:05] | Eric steps up in the pocket looking for Newman at the 20. | 艾力克在寻找位于20码处的纽曼 (星期天晚上) |
[31:10] | Yeah, call that play again, coach… | 对,可以说精彩演出,教练 |
[31:13] | …because I’m sure they’re not ready for it this time. | 因为我相信这一次大家都没想到 |
[31:16] | If you ask a professional athlete what the hardest thing is to do in sports… | 随便找个运动选手问 运动项目中最难的动作是什么 |
[31:20] | …they’ll all say hit a baseball. | 大家都会说打棒球 |
[31:22] | But a coach once told me that the hardest thing… | 不过,有一次一个教练跟我说 最难的是 |
[31:24] | …is to walk into your Super Bowl locker room at halftime… | 在超级杯半场之时 走入球员休息室 |
[31:28] | …and change the plan that got you there because it’s not working. | 然后把你一直以来的计划改了 因为计划失败了 |
[31:31] | It’s okay that after almost every play somebody requires medical attention? | 如果有人每次比赛后 都会要求看医生可以吗? |
[31:35] | It’s not even the number as much as the format. | 关键不在辩论会的多寡 格式较重要 |
[31:37] | Two-minute response, then a one-minute reply. | 两分钟回应 然后一分钟回答 |
[31:40] | That’s not a debate, that’s not a debate. That’s a joint press conference. | 那不叫辩论,那不算辩论 那就共同记者会而已 |
[31:44] | – Good evening, Mr. President. – Nice job on Red Mass, first-rate. | -晚安,总统先生 -红弥撒的事做得很好,很棒 |
[31:47] | – You don’t mind if I change everything? – No, sir. | -如果我整个改变,你不介意吧? -不会,先生 |
[31:50] | Here. | 这里 |
[31:52] | Here. And I added a section here. | 这里,这里再增加一部分 |
[31:55] | Cute. Let’s take a look. | 好玩,我们来看一看 |
[31:58] | It’s a joint press conference. | 这是共同记者会 |
[32:00] | It’s not necessary that the candidates be in the same room. That’s just theater. | 何须让候选人共处一室,做秀而已 |
[32:04] | We’re talking about ways to possibly lower expectations. | 我们在讨论尽可能的 降低大家的预期心理 |
[32:06] | I like what you did. I like the 80-20. | 我喜欢你的东西 我喜欢80―20的这个部分 |
[32:08] | Be nice to be able to respond to what the other person said and ask a question. | 要注意回应别人说的话 再问问题 |
[32:13] | And the moderator should be empowered to press for an answer… | 还有主持的人应该授权 可以追问答案 |
[32:16] | …as a judge can of a witness… | 如同一个法官可以在听证会时 |
[32:18] | …or a member of Congress in a confirmation hearing. | 逼问证人或议员一样 |
[32:24] | Sam, what do you think about me writing you an urgent memo? | 山姆,我给你写张紧急备忘录 你看如何? |
[32:27] | “I think Ritchie’s a more skilled debater than we’re anticipating. | “我认为李奇是远比我们所预期 更为有技巧的辩论人 |
[32:30] | He has debated three gubernatorial candidates and won each time.” | 他已经参加过三场州长大选的 辩论会,每次都赢” |
[32:34] | – And leak the memo? – Yeah. | -然后把备忘录流出去? -对 |
[32:37] | – I think you’ll look silly. – I’m used to that. | -这样你会显得很无能 -我习惯了 |
[32:39] | – I don’t think it’ll do much. – Me neither. | -我不认为这样有帮助 -我也是 |
[32:42] | Cicero wanted to restore the overthrown king of Egypt. | 古时候,西塞罗想推翻埃及国王 |
[32:45] | The Roman senate debated all day and into the night… | 罗马参议员一天到晚在辩论 |
[32:48] | …every military and diplomatic consequence… | 讨论所有的军事、外交政策 |
[32:50] | …until they collapsed on the floor. | 直到大家瘫在地上为止 |
[32:52] | Lentulus is trying to overthrow the Republic. | 想推翻共和的是连特罗斯 |
[32:55] | Caesar goes against Cato… | 凯撒对上加图 |
[32:56] | …by the way, the first public debate on the death penalty. | 公开辩论死刑 |
[32:59] | They were against each other. It was a debate. | 他们两人的对抗 是辩论 |
[33:01] | They explored the meaning of spirituality and suffering. | 他们激辩灵性的意义与折磨 |
[33:04] | – Then they put Lentulus to death. – Right, but my point… | -然后他们把连特罗斯判死刑 -对,不过我的观点是 |
[33:07] | – Why not? – Why not what? | -有何不可? -什么有何不可? |
[33:09] | Ask for a different format? | 要求别的格式? |
[33:11] | We didn’t get the number of debates we wanted, why not ask? | 我没得到我们要的辩论数 何不去要求? |
[33:14] | – We’d never get it. – We might. | -他们不会答应的 -搞不好会 |
[33:15] | Ritchie’s people would put up a fight. | 李奇的人会吵翻天 |
[33:17] | They might consider it if we give them something else they wanted. | 他们也许会考虑 若我们有东西跟他们交换的话 |
[33:21] | Other than this house, we don’t have anything else they want. | 除了这个地方 他们是不会想要我们的东西 |
[33:25] | Sure, we do. | 当然有他们要的 |
[33:28] | Sure, we do. We wanted five debates, they wanted none. | 当然,我们要五次 他们一次都不要 |
[33:31] | We have exactly one thing left that they want. | 所以我们有一个东西 是他们要的 |
[33:38] | Isn’t this exactly why casinos don’t play with a one-deck shoe? | 难怪赌场规定不能只玩一副牌? |
[33:42] | Yes. | 对 |
[33:49] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[33:52] | Mr. President, the car’s ready. | 总统先生,车子准备好了 |
[33:56] | He’s still running that screen pass. | 他还是想要长传 |
[34:01] | Get Toby to sign off, and I’m in. | 叫托比退出,我去 |
[34:07] | This is gonna be interesting. Do we need my speech? | 会很有意思的 我的演讲有需要吗? |
[34:09] | I’ve got it. | 我有准备 |
[34:11] | You mind if I ask something about Red Mass I’m curious about? | 我有点好奇 可以问你一件红弥撒的事吗? |
[34:14] | And so how isn’t it a constitutional issue? | 红弥撒何以没成为宪法上的议题? |
[34:16] | It is, but sometimes you say, “Big deal.” | 是质疑的,但有时候大家会说 “什么大不了的” |
[34:19] | It was the intention not to have a national religion… | 关键精神在于不要有国教 |
[34:21] | …not to have anyone’s religious views imposed on anyone else… | 不要让任何人的宗教信仰 凌驾其他人之上 |
[34:25] | …and not to have government encourage a national display of piety… | 不要让政府鼓舞国家级的信仰 |
[34:28] | …as a substitute for action. But sometimes you say”Big deal.” | 作为行动准则,不过有的时候 大家就是会说“管他的” |
[34:31] | – I’ll be in the office a minute. – Thank you. | -我马上到办公室 -谢谢你 |
[34:37] | Hey. This was dropped at the northwest gate for you just now. | 这是刚刚放在西北方大门口前的 是要给你的 |
[34:40] | – Who’s it from? – I don’t know. | -谁给的? -我不知道 |
[34:44] | It’s from Anthony. | 是安东尼给的 |
[34:46] | He’s the one who was here yesterday. | 他就是昨天在这里的那个小孩 |
[34:53] | – Nice note? – No. | -好的吗? -不好 |
[34:54] | At several points he suggests… | 他一直在强调 |
[34:56] | …that I might have an improper relationship with my mother. | 我跟我母亲的关系可能不太恰当 |
[34:59] | – Why are you smiling? – He wrote it on the First Amendment. | -那你为什么在微笑? -他写在宪法第一修正案后 |
[35:04] | Why can’t the Mets throw strikes when they have a three-run lead? | 大都会领先三分 为什么不能投好球? |
[35:07] | Yeah, let me ask you another. | 对,我问你另一个问题 |
[35:09] | With a runner on first, who’s a threat to steal, why not just…? | 一垒有跑者准备盗垒 何不直接? |
[35:16] | – See you. – Okay. | -再见了 -好 |
[35:29] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[35:31] | Oh, hey. I didn’t… | 哦,嘿,我不知 |
[35:33] | Hi. My mind was wandering. | 嗨,我的脑子转个不停 |
[35:38] | – What are you doing here? – I’m sorry? | -你在这里做什么? -说什么? |
[35:40] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[35:42] | Danya Zucker had an extra ticket for the mass, and she asked me. | 妲亚多出一张弥撒的入场券 她邀请我去 |
[35:47] | – Are you going? – No. | -你要去吗? -不要 |
[35:50] | No. | 不要 |
[36:05] | Can you give me any indication what the senator’s thinking? | 关于参议员的想法 你能给一点暗示吗? |
[36:10] | I really can’t. | 我真的不能 |
[36:12] | He spoke to me for a while yesterday… | 他昨天跟今天都跟我谈了好一阵子 |
[36:16] | …and again today, and I don’t know what he’s thinking. | 我还是不知道他的想法 |
[36:19] | – But I can tell you what I told him. – What? | -不过我可以说,我对他说的话 -说什么? |
[36:22] | I told him I thought he’d been an extraordinary public servant. | 我跟他说,我过去一直认为 他是一名非常杰出的公仆 |
[36:25] | Thoughtful and energetic and compassionate and courageous. | 有智慧、有活力 热情又勇敢 |
[36:30] | And I told him I’d be voting for the president. | 我还对他说 我会投给总统 |
[36:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[36:36] | First of all, I’m crazy about the president. | 第一,我很迷总统 |
[36:38] | I’ve been crazy about him for longer than you’ve known who he was. | 我迷他的时间 远比你认识他的时间久 |
[36:42] | And I’ll keep poking him with a stick. | 而且我一直在鞭策他 |
[36:44] | It’s how I show my love. | 这是我表达敬爱的方式 |
[36:47] | But as a women’s issue it’s a no-brainer. | 不过,跟女性议题一样 这是没大脑 |
[36:49] | The next justice can overturn Roe… | 下次法官可以推翻《洛依》案 |
[36:52] | …and you don’t screw around with that. | 可不能搞砸了 |
[36:54] | Wanna see what I learned to do since you got me fired? | 想看看你害我被炒鱿鱼后 我学到什么把戏吗? |
[36:57] | – Look… – Watch. | -这 -你看 |
[37:08] | Right away that’s impressive, right? | 已经很了不起了,对不对? |
[37:10] | That’s just the preparation. This is the thing. | 这只是准备而已 等一下才有成品 |
[37:28] | What is it? | 这是什么东东? |
[37:31] | What do you want it to be? | 你希望这是什么? |
[37:34] | – Amy? – Out here. | -艾咪? -在这里 |
[37:38] | See you. | 再见了 |
[38:01] | I thought about what you asked before about my being able to think of anything. | 我在想你问过的 我是否有时间思考什么 |
[38:05] | And I said no. | 我回答没有 |
[38:07] | And you said,”Neither have I, and neither has the president.” | 你说“我也没有 总统也没有” |
[38:13] | What about it? | 怎样? |
[38:16] | I wouldn’t speak for anybody else, but you know I’m not done yet, right? | 我不能代表别人说什么 不过你知道我日子还长吧? |
[39:03] | – Toby… – No, stay there. | -托比 -不,别过来 |
[39:05] | I’m looking for something to beat you with. | 我得想些什么来对付你才对 |
[39:07] | – Look… – I’ll use my hands. | -听着 -我要直接用我的手 |
[39:08] | – Let me say… – One debate?! | -我告诉你 -一次辩论? |
[39:10] | What’s the difference between one debate and two? | 一次、两次 有什么不一样的? |
[39:13] | What’s the difference be… | 有什么不一样的 |
[39:14] | It’s a whole other debate. It’s a second debate. | 完全不一样 那可是另一种论点 |
[39:17] | It’s 100 percent more debates. | 是百分之一百多出来的辩论 |
[39:19] | “Somebody should ask him if he’s aware taxpayers pay 9000 this… | “应该问他 他是否了解纳税人付出的是九千 |
[39:23] | …instead of 200,000 that. And somebody should ask… | 而非二十万等等的 应该有人去问他 |
[39:25] | …what he means by and ask how he plans on.” | 他真正的意图是什么 问他如何规划” |
[39:28] | You said that and you were right. | 是你说的,而且你是正确的 |
[39:32] | What if he has a bad night? | 万一他那一天的情况不好? |
[39:34] | It’s happened. What if he gets himself into trouble? | 不是不可能的 万一他有麻烦了? |
[39:37] | What if Ritchie comes after Abbey or the kids, and the president goes postal? | 万一李奇咬住艾比或小孩的事 或总统突然疯了? |
[39:42] | It’s what I’d try to do. | 我是会疯掉的 |
[39:44] | Stress, hot lights, what if he has an episode? | 压力、灯光 万一他又有什么插曲呢? |
[39:47] | We lose. | 我们输了 |
[39:49] | When you can’t lower expectations, you only have one thing you can do. | 如果你不能降低你的条件 就只有一条路可走 |
[39:54] | You have to meet them. | 你得去见他们 |
[40:12] | Clear 24 hours from the president’s schedule. We’re going away. | 帮总统空出一天的行程 我们准备上路 |
[40:27] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[40:29] | C.J.? | 茜洁? |
[40:31] | Susan. | 苏珊 |
[40:33] | The senator would like a quick word with the president. Is that possible? | 参议员想跟总统很快的交谈一下 可以吗? |
[40:38] | – Well, I don’t know, Susan… – He should. | -哦,我不知道,苏珊 -应该要谈的 |
[40:42] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:01] | That was a wonderful talk, Mr. President. | 讲得很好,总统先生 |
[41:03] | – Thanks. I didn’t write much of it. – The 80-20 section. | -谢谢,大部分不是我写的 -80―20的部分 |
[41:06] | That part I wrote. I added it. | 那部分是我写的,我加上去的 |
[41:08] | When you first started… | 你开始讲的时候 |
[41:09] | …when you talked about how politicians hunger after the 80-20 issue… | 你谈到政治家 渴望80―20议题 |
[41:14] | …I thought,”My God, I’m about to watch a train wreck. | 当时我心想 “我的天,真是自找死路 |
[41:18] | He’ll make a political speech to the Supreme Court… | 他要在教堂 在最高法庭的成员之前 |
[41:21] | …while standing in the middle of a church.” | 发表政治演说” |
[41:23] | But of course you didn’t. I should’ve known better. | 不过,你没有 我早该明白的 |
[41:27] | “Who among the 80 will stand up for the 20?” | “身处80当中的人 有谁会为20挺身而出?” |
[41:30] | You did, Howard. You did all the time. | 你会,霍华,你一直都会 |
[41:33] | I was telling Josh Lyman about a friend who just got his pilot’s license. | 我跟乔西谈过一个 刚拿到飞机执照的朋友 |
[41:38] | He told me the most remarkable thing. | 他跟我提到一件值得注意的事 |
[41:42] | He said a new pilot will fly into cloud cover… | 他说,新的驾驶会飞到云雾里 |
[41:45] | …there’ll be no visibility. | 一个没有能见度的区域 |
[41:47] | They’ll check their gauges, they’ll look at the artificial horizon. | 他们会检查他们的仪表 他们会看注视水平线 |
[41:50] | It’ll show them level… | 显示出当时状况 |
[41:52] | …but they won’t trust it. | 不过,他们不会相信 |
[41:54] | So they’ll make an adjustment, and then another and another. | 所以他们自己会动手调整 一次又一次的调 |
[41:59] | He said the number of new pilots who fly out of clouds… | 他说新手驾驶 一飞出云雾 |
[42:03] | …completely upside down… | 面对完全上下倒置的数目 |
[42:05] | …would knock you out. | 会把人吓昏 |
[42:08] | My office will make arrangements for me to endorse you in the morning. | 我的办公室会安排明天上午 我帮你背书的事情 |
[42:14] | You keep your eyes on the horizon, Mr. President. | 你好好的盯着水平线 总统先生 |
[42:25] | Mr. President. Mr. President. | 总统先生,总统先生 |
[42:42] | Are you ready to go, sir? | 准备要走了吗,先生? |
[42:44] | No. | 还没 |
[42:46] | C.J. | 茜洁 |
[42:49] | – Yes, sir. – Would it be possible… | -是,先生 -是否可能 |
[42:51] | …to move the press off the church grounds? | 让媒体移驾? |
[42:53] | I’m gonna take questions for a little while. | 我想要回答几个问题 |
[42:55] | – On what? – Needle exchange. | -针对什么? -针筒交换计划的事 |
[42:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |