时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | Last week, I went to see a guy named Will Bailey. | 上星期,我去见一个 叫威尔贝利的人见面 |
[00:10] | He ran Horton Wilde’s campaign in Orange County. | 他替荷顿怀尔德在 橘郡竞选 |
[00:13] | His widow wanted to know what Democrat… | 他的遗孀想知道如果他赢的话 |
[00:14] | …was gonna stand in for her husband should he win. | 民主党会如何支持她先生 |
[00:17] | – And I said… – You’re kidding. | -而我说 -你在说笑 |
[00:19] | Something weird’s going on. We’re winning. | 奇怪的事情发生了 我们在赢 |
[00:21] | We’ve got news. | 我们收到消息 |
[00:22] | – What? – You’re gonna win New Hampshire. | -什么? -你将要拿下新罕布夏州 |
[00:24] | CBS is ready to declare Delaware, with its three electoral votes… | CBS准备宣布德拉瓦州 有三张选举人票 |
[00:29] | … for President Bartlet. | 属于巴特勒总统 |
[00:30] | Horton Wilde, who’s dead, is losing by 88 votes. | 过世的荷顿怀尔德 目前只输八十八票 |
[00:34] | Plus, there was an actual storm. | 再加上,真的有一个暴风雨 |
[00:36] | We’re gonna be up all night with these. It’s gonna be fun. | 还没完,我们今天要彻夜不眠 会很有趣的 |
[00:40] | God bless you all. God bless the United States of America. | 愿上帝保佑你们 愿上帝保佑美国 剧名:内幕报导 |
[00:50] | And we still have, I wanna remind our viewers… | 我们仍有 我想提醒观众 |
[00:53] | … three House races undecided, as we’ve been reporting. | 依据情报指出,三个地方 议员的席次尚未决定 (选举夜 凌晨十二点十五分) |
[00:57] | Those would be Tennessee 2nd, the New York 22nd… | 也就是田纳西州的第二选区 纽约州的第二十二 |
[01:00] | … and the race that’s been dubbed “Lazarus 47” in some circles… | 以及被称为 “死后复活47战区”的 |
[01:04] | … the race for California ‘s 47th Congressional District… | 加州第四十七国会议员选区 |
[01:07] | … between the six-term incumbent, Republican Chuck Webb… | 有连任六期的 现职共和党员恰克韦伯 |
[01:10] | … and Democrat Horton Wilde, who passed away some three weeks ago… | 以及在三个星期前过世 民主党员荷顿怀尔德 |
[01:13] | … but whose name remains on the ballot. | 他的名字仍在选票上 |
[01:15] | George, which is stranger… | 乔治,这很奇怪 |
[01:18] | … that a Democrat is competitive in Orange County… | 民主党竟能在橘郡 变得有竞争力 |
[01:21] | … or that the Democrat in question is… | 或可说,民主党的问题在于 |
[01:24] | … I don ‘t mean to make light of this of course, but the candidate passed away. | 当然我不是看轻这件事 但是候选人过世了 |
[01:28] | They’re both pretty strange, Julie… | 这两点都很奇怪,茱莉 |
[01:30] | … but for a Democrat to win in the 47th… | 但民主党想赢第四十七选区 |
[01:33] | … he’s going to have to have something going for him, and this was it. | 他就得有些创举 现在的情况就是这样 |
[01:37] | Martin, how important were the candidates ‘ performances in the debate? | 马汀,候选人 在辩论会的表现有多重要? |
[01:41] | I’ll tell you. The day before the debate, the president held a three-point lead. | 辩论会之前 总统领先了三个百分点 |
[01:47] | That’s within the margin of error, a statistical tie. | 这只是在统计学的标准误差之内 |
[01:49] | Among those who were undecided… | 那些未决定的选民 |
[01:51] | … seventy-three percent made up their mind based on the debates… | 百分之七十三是取决于该辩论会 |
[01:55] | … and 69 percent of that population went for the president. | 其中百分之六十九 是选现任总统的 |
[01:58] | -That’s how the president won. | -That’s how the president won. -这是总统赢的原因 -这是总统胜利的原因 |
[02:01] | -Absolutely. -What is Governor Ritchie thinking? | -正是如此 -李奇州长在想什么? |
[02:04] | He said… What he said was this, he said: | 他说 他是这样说的: |
[02:08] | “A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility.” | “一个可能的不可能 总比不可能的可能好” |
[02:13] | The impossible is preferable to the improbable. | 不可能的比可能的好 |
[02:15] | What did he mean? He meant it’s okay to sing and dance… | 他是什么意思? 他说唱歌和跳舞是可以 |
[02:19] | …but you shouldn’t turn on the radio, hear the news report. | 但不应该打开收音机 听新闻报导 |
[02:22] | – You want some cake? – No. | -你想吃蛋糕吗? -不想 |
[02:24] | You sure? | 确定吗? |
[02:26] | – What kind? – Cake. | -哪一种的? -蛋糕 |
[02:28] | – They have flavors. – I don’t know. | -蛋糕有各种口味 -我不知道 |
[02:31] | It was a confluence of events. If you pitched it… | 这是汇集许多事件的结果 如果你问 |
[02:34] | …to a Hollywood producer, they’d tell you that Aristotle says: | 一个好莱坞制作人 他们会告诉你亚里斯多德说: |
[02:37] | “A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility.” | “可能发生的不可能性 优于不可能发生的可能性” |
[02:41] | Doesn’t sound like them, but I understand. | 不太像他们说话的腔调 但我能了解 |
[02:43] | Midwest, the RNC exits… | 中西部,共和党团已退出 |
[02:46] | …a dead candidate, a rainstorm. | 一位过世的候选 一场暴风雨 |
[02:49] | – It’s Aristotle all over the place. – I’m gonna turn these off. | -一切都是亚里斯多德现象 -我要把这东西关掉 |
[02:53] | Head down to the party. Everyone’s asking for you. | 去参加庆祝会 大家都在找你 |
[02:56] | – You really don’t know what kind of…? – It’s cake. It’s cake. | -你真的不知道哪种? -蛋糕就是蛋糕 |
[03:01] | When I talked to the woman… | 当我和那位女士谈话时 |
[03:03] | …she had tears in her voice. | 她的声音中还含着泪 |
[03:06] | Her husband loved the president. | 她的丈夫爱我们的总统 |
[03:08] | Admired his integrity. | 欣赏他的正直 |
[03:09] | Yes, we’re big on integrity. | 是的,我们的重点在正直 |
[03:11] | By the way, when I said I’d run in his place, it’s not like I meant it. | 我说我会去代他竞选 我并非有意 |
[03:16] | Let’s go to the party. There are TVs everywhere. | 我们去庆祝派对吧 到处都有电视 |
[03:18] | You’ll know as soon as they’re ready to report something from the 47th. | 他们报导第四十七区的消息 你也可以马上看到 |
[03:22] | You’re right. You’re right. | 你是对的,你是对的 |
[03:26] | … House race in California 47th, where the impossible seems to be happening. | 加州第四十七国会议员选区 奇迹似乎就要发生 |
[03:31] | And we send it to Gail Mackee, who ‘s standing by in Newport Beach. Gail? | 我们交给盖尔麦基 他在新港滩待命,盖尔? |
[03:36] | Julie, I’m at the Hyatt in Newport Beach… | 茱莉,我正在新港海滩的 凯悦饭店 |
[03:39] | … with the Horton Wilde campaign, and the place is going absolutely berserk. | 由于荷顿怀尔德的竞选 这里的情况非常混乱 |
[03:45] | Bonnie, Ginger, get me Will Bailey, get me Kay Wilde. Very quickly, please. | 邦妮,金洁,帮我打给威尔贝利 打给凯怀尔德,请尽快 |
[03:49] | … just received a phone call from Congressman Chuck Webb. | 刚接到恰克韦伯议员的电话 |
[03:52] | He’s conceding, thanking Mrs. Wilde for a well-fought campaign… | 他承认失败了,他感谢 怀尔德夫人奋战不倦的选战 |
[03:55] | Get Will Bailey. Please. Get him. | 请打给威尔贝利,快 |
[03:57] | … and looking forward… He says he looks forward to running in a special election. | 展望未来 他说他期待一场特别的选战 |
[04:02] | Is there any word on who the Democrats might run in the special election? | 有说那一位民主党员 会参加这场特别的选举吗? |
[04:07] | – Get him! Gotta get him! -No, there isn ‘t, not yet. | -打给他!快点打给他! -不,没有,还没有 |
[04:10] | But I can report a rumor that’s been making its way around. | 但我可以报告 有一个谣言在流传 |
[04:14] | Of course you can. Why not? | 你当然可以,有何不可? |
[04:15] | Former Orange County resident and current White House Senior Adviser… | 前橘郡居民,现任白宫资深顾问 |
[04:19] | … Sam Seaborn will seek the seat. | 山姆希朋将会角逐这个席次 |
[04:23] | And the plot thickens. | 情势更为复杂 |
[04:25] | Sam Seaborn, of course… | 山姆希朋,当然 |
[04:27] | … an architect of the president’s first victory… | 是让总统第一次获胜的 灵魂人物 |
[04:30] | … as well as his, I think we have to start calling it a landslide tonight. | 同时也是让他今晚压倒性胜利 的重要幕僚 |
[04:35] | – They’re talking about someone else. -We’ve got a picture to throw on-screen. | -他们说的是另一个人 -我们在银幕上播出他的照片 |
[04:39] | Julie, I have to interrupt… | 茱莉,我必须中断 |
[04:41] | Yeah. Okay. | 好,行 |
[04:43] | Anyone know where Toby and Josh and C.J. are? | 有人知道托比、乔西 茜洁在哪里吗? |
[04:46] | Hey! Toby, Josh, C.J., has anyone…? | 嘿!托比、乔西、茜洁 有人? |
[04:50] | They’re over in the thing. | 他们正在讨论 |
[04:52] | … California 47th the same way the Democrats view the New York 16th. | 共和党的加州第四十七选区和 民主党的纽约州第十六选区相同 |
[04:56] | -They see it as unlosable. – Hi. | -是两党眼中绝对不会输的战区 -嗨 |
[04:59] | The Democrats have not only never won the 47th… | 民主党不仅没赢过第四十七选区 |
[05:02] | … they’ve never even been a factor. | 他们甚至从未重视过 |
[05:04] | So who is this Sam Seaborn? | 谁是山姆希朋? |
[05:07] | He’s an integral part of the president’s circle… | 他是总统核心幕僚中的 重量级人物 |
[05:10] | … since joining the Bartlet campaign after years at a New York law firm… | 服务于纽约律师事务所几年后 |
[05:13] | … Gage Whitney Pace. | 加入巴特勒竞选阵营 |
[05:15] | -A graduate of Princeton… – Sam Donaldson… | -他是普林斯顿的毕业生 -是山姆唐纳森 |
[05:18] | …from ABC Nightly News. | ABC晚间新闻的电话 |
[05:19] | He’d like to know if the president is endorsing Sam. | 他想知道总统是否替山姆背书 |
[05:22] | Toby, is the president endorsing Sam? | 托比,总统有替山姆背书? |
[05:26] | Is the president endorsing Sam? | 总统有替山姆背书吗? |
[05:28] | I don’t know. He’s asleep, but let’s go ask him. | 我不知道,他睡着了 不过,我们去问他 |
[05:33] | All right. | 好 主演:罗伯洛 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[06:23] | All right, look… | 好,听我说 |
[06:24] | …this is extremely easy to explain. | 这是很容易解释的 |
[06:27] | First of all… | 第一 |
[06:29] | Okay, how familiar are the three of you with Aristotle? | 好,你们三个对亚里斯多德 有多熟? |
[06:32] | – You agreed to run? – I said it for the widow. | -你同意去竞选吗? -我是去安慰遗孀的 |
[06:35] | She wanted a name for election night and I said,”Use my name”… | 她想在赢的大选夜有个人选 我说“用我的名字” |
[06:38] | …not thinking it was a practical option. | 但没想到,会变成真的 |
[06:41] | Can I ask, is your office now the House of the Rising Sun? | 我能问一下,你的办公室 现在变成红灯户了吗? |
[06:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:46] | – You did it for the widow? – Yes. | -你是为了安慰那位遗孀的? -是的 |
[06:48] | And for a guy named Will Bailey… | 也是为了那个叫威尔贝利的 |
[06:50] | …who ran the campaign and worked his ass off. | 他为了这次竞选忙个半死 |
[06:52] | Never backed off and navigated a dead Democrat… | 他从不退缩而且持续带领着 一位过世的民主党员 |
[06:55] | …to a win against Chuck Webb. | 打败了恰克韦伯 |
[06:58] | Five hundred races tonight, that was impressive. | 今晚有五百人角逐议员 这真是扣人心弦 |
[07:00] | Though it was an Aristotelian confluence of events that could only happen to me. | 但亚里斯多德种种不可能的现象 在我身上兑现了 |
[07:06] | – I have to talk to the widow. – I’d talk to the president first. | -我必须和那位遗孀谈谈 -我会先和总统谈谈 |
[07:09] | – Really? – He’ll get it in the morning. | -真的吗? -他早上会知道的 |
[07:11] | There’s a seat in play. He’s gonna be asked about it. He can’t say: | 开票还没结束 他会被问到,他不能说: |
[07:14] | “I have no earthly idea what you’re talking about.” | “老天,我完全不晓得 你们在说什么” |
[07:17] | Okay. Yeah. All right. | 好的,没问题 |
[07:35] | I don’t want to intimidate you… | 我不想吓你 |
[07:37] | …but I’m the first Democrat in 20 years… | 但我是二十年内第一个 |
[07:39] | …to make a clean sweep of the Plains states. | 横扫平原各州的民主党员 |
[07:42] | And I’m not just talking about lowa and Nebraska. | 我不只在说爱荷华州和 内布拉斯加州 |
[07:45] | – Are you trying to turn me on now? – Yeah. | -你现在是想勾引我吗? -是的 |
[07:48] | All right. | 可以 |
[07:50] | I won the Dakotas. | 我赢得了南、北达科塔州 |
[07:52] | The Badlands. The Black Hills. | 恶土区,黑冈区 |
[07:54] | But let’s go down, way down to the deep South… | 制片:尼尔海恩二世 但我们往下,直入南方 |
[07:57] | …the humid bayou of Louisiana and its nine electoral votes. | 制片:保罗瑞福 路易斯安那的湿河口 在那里赢得九张选举人票 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[08:02] | What manner of man it must take to win the state. | 赢得该州的胜利的男人 那绝非泛泛之辈 |
[08:05] | Which, by the way… | 那里,对了 |
[08:06] | …is the only one operating under the Napoleonic Code of France. | 是唯一还沿用 法国拿破仑法典的地方 |
[08:10] | I still don’t know what that’s all about, but back to me. | 我还是不知道那是在搞什么 但回到我身上 |
[08:13] | Hon, this is like nerd hot talk. | 爱人,这像是书呆子的热烈讨论 |
[08:16] | Who’s your commander in chief? | 谁是你的总指挥官? |
[08:18] | – You are. – Yes. | -是你 -是的 |
[08:21] | And do the ladies like him? Oh, yes… | 女士们风迷他吗?是的 |
[08:23] | …to the tune of 58 percent. | 至少有百分之五十八 |
[08:28] | Yeah? | 啥事? 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[08:30] | I’m sorry, sir. | 我很抱歉,先生 |
[08:32] | We had an understanding with regard to tonight… | 我以为关于今夜与干扰 我们有过基本的默契 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[08:35] | …and interruptions, Charlie. I thought we were men. | 查理 我想我们都是男人 |
[08:37] | Yes, I’m sorry, but Sam said… | 是的,抱歉,但山姆说 |
[08:39] | – Sam needs to see me? – Yes, sir. | -山姆要见我? -是的,先生 |
[08:41] | – It’s, what, 1 in the morning? – Yes, sir. | -现在是凌晨一点吗? -是的,先生 |
[08:44] | Well, let’s send him in. | 好的,让他进来 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 |
[08:48] | – Good evening, Mr. President. – Good to see you. | -晚安,总统先生 -很高兴看到你 |
[08:50] | – I hope I’m not here at a bad time. – No. What would make you say that? | -希望我没挑错时间来 -不,为何这么说? |
[08:56] | I couldn’t have picked a worse time. | 我真是挑了最错的时间了 |
[08:58] | You could have, and I’m not gonna take any chances, so let’s do it now. | 你可能是,不过 我不让你有更错的机会,说吧 |
[09:02] | – Horton Wilde won in the 47th. – I know. | -荷顿怀尔德赢了第四十七选区 -我知道 |
[09:05] | There will be a special election. | 将会举行另一个特别选举 |
[09:06] | And, to make a long story short, you might be asked tomorrow… | 长话短说,明天你也许会被问到 |
[09:10] | …if you’re endorsing me. | 你是否会有我背书 |
[09:12] | – Am I? – Well, I’m not really running. | -我有吗? -我不是真的要去竞选 |
[09:14] | Then I’m behind you 100 percent. | 那么我会百分之百支持你 |
[09:16] | – Look… – Man, is everything all right? | -听着 -喂,你没事吧? |
[09:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:20] | I made a promise to a widow in a moment… | 我对那位遗孀做了一点承诺 |
[09:22] | – Hello, Mr. President. – Hey, Mrs. Bartlet. | -哈��,总统先生 -嘿,巴特勒夫人 |
[09:26] | – Oh, my God. – Yeah. Look, honey, Sam stopped by. | -哦,天啊 -亲爱的,山姆只是路过 |
[09:30] | – Hi, Sam. – Hi. | -嗨,山姆 -嗨 |
[09:31] | – Eyes front, mister. – I’ll take care of this… | -别乱看,先生 -我会搞定这件事 |
[09:34] | …in the next few hours. You don’t need to worry about it. | 只要几个小时 你不需要担心 |
[09:37] | – You sure you’re okay? – Yes, sir. | -你确定你没事? -是的,先生 |
[09:39] | – Is this Dean Martin? – Yeah. | -是狄恩马丁吗? -是的 |
[09:40] | – Good. – Thank you. | -有情调 -谢谢你 |
[09:43] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[09:47] | – Could you keep trying Will Bailey, please? – Yeah. | -请继续联络威尔贝利好吗? -是的 (惠特竞选胜利庆祝派对 凌晨一点十五分) |
[09:58] | – Congratulations. – You, too, Tom. | -恭禧 -你也是,汤姆 |
[10:01] | And congratulations on the other thing there, Papa. | 也恭禧另外一件事“爸爸” |
[10:03] | Yeah. Any idea where Mama is? | 是啊, “妈妈”去哪里了? |
[10:06] | Right over there. | 就在那里 |
[10:08] | The great state of Maryland! | 伟大的马里兰州! |
[10:12] | Andy. | 安娣 |
[10:13] | – Andy, don’t drink the… – It’s ginger ale, crazy boy. | -安娣,不要喝 -这是姜汁汽水,疯小子 |
[10:17] | Ginger ale can be bad according to the latest studies. It can be very… | 最新报告指出姜汁也不太好 可能会 |
[10:21] | My man got the president reelected tonight! | 我的男人 今晚让总统连任成功了! |
[10:28] | That was very pleasant. | 真是太高兴了 |
[10:30] | – Can I talk to you a second? – Yeah. | -我能和你谈一下吗? -可以 |
[10:35] | We won by 85 percent of the vote. | 我们赢得百分之八十五的选票 |
[10:38] | I don’t understand the 15 percent, but what the hell. | 我不了解另外的百分之十五 不过,管他的 |
[10:41] | Yeah, well, as long as you scraped by with a win. | 只要赢了就好 |
[10:43] | Look, a statement. | 看,一份声明 |
[10:46] | – We’ve been through this. -Roll Call has it, we have to deal with it. | -我们讨论过了 -《国会报》刊了,我们得处理 |
[10:50] | – I don’t. – Congresswoman, are you pregnant? | -我不要 -议员,你怀孕了吗? |
[10:52] | None of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[10:54] | You can’t withhold that. | 你无法压下这件事 |
[10:55] | Did you hear that the president has multiple sclerosis and never told anyone? | 你听说过,总统患有多发性硬化症 却从未告诉任何人? |
[10:59] | Yes, there was a congressional investigation. | 是的,国会有调查过 |
[11:02] | It almost detonated his presidency. | 这事几乎断送他的总统职 |
[11:04] | You’re worried about me? I just won by 85 percent. | 你在担心我吗? 我刚刚赢了百分之八十五 |
[11:08] | – I’m not worried about you. – I know. | -我不是担心你 -我知道 |
[11:10] | You’re worried about a senior counselor fathering kids out of wedlock. | 你担心资深顾问在无婚姻的束缚下 成为孩子的爹 |
[11:14] | Single moms are more sympathetic than deadbeat dads, so I wouldn’t gallivant. | 单亲妈妈比游手好闲的父亲 更可怜的,我不会乱来的 |
[11:18] | – You’re not a deadbeat dad. – You and I know that. | -你不是个游手好闲的父亲 -你和我都知道 |
[11:21] | But if I can’t protect my kids, their mom and the president… | 如果我不能同时保护我的孩子 他们的母亲和总统 |
[11:24] | …all at the same time, then I’ve gotta quit my job, so help me out. | 我就必须辞掉我的工作 所以你得帮我 |
[11:28] | – Yes. – You’ll make a statement? | -会的 -你会发表声明吗? |
[11:31] | No, but when they ask me who the father is, I won’t tell them. | 不会,但他们问我孩子的爹是谁时 我不会告诉他们 |
[11:34] | I’m the father. | 我是孩子的爹 |
[11:36] | You’re at your leisure to tell them that. | 你想告诉他们再告诉他们 |
[11:39] | Eighty-five percent of what kind… | 百分之八十五 |
[11:41] | …of backward population votes for this woman? | 哪种退化的人口投给这个女人? |
[11:44] | The good people of Maryland. | 是马里兰州的优秀居民 |
[11:47] | – Maryland! | – Maryland! -马里兰州! -马里兰州! |
[11:56] | Women. Yes indeed, ma’am. | 女人,是的,没错,夫人 |
[12:00] | Fifty-eight percent. | 百分之八十五 |
[12:02] | But… | 但 |
[12:04] | …let’s take a trip down Louisiana way… | 我们顺着路易斯安那往下走 |
[12:07] | …where we find its nine electoral votes go to… | 我们发现九张选举人票 是属于 |
[12:10] | – Leo? – Yeah? | -里奥? -是? |
[12:12] | If you walk me through every demographic… | 如果我们得浏览每州的人口数据 |
[12:14] | …I think the night’s not gonna have the kind of happy ending you’re hoping for. | 我想这一晚就不会有 你所期待的快乐结局了 |
[12:22] | Got it. | 了解 |
[12:24] | Good tip. | 很好的提示 |
[12:26] | Keep them coming. | 继续提供 |
[12:30] | – Colonel. – Yes, ma’am. | -上校 -是的,夫人 |
[12:33] | No. | 不 |
[12:35] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[12:36] | – How you doing? – Pretty good. You got a second? | -你好吗? -很好,能借一步说话吗? |
[12:39] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[12:45] | There’s gunfire in Caracas and Merida and Valencia. | 卡拉卡斯、美利达、巴伦西亚 遭受炮火袭击 |
[12:49] | There’s movement in the Acuellar, Coroico… | 阿契拉克、罗西欧、西尤地 |
[12:51] | …Ciuadad Alto and Parado Negro bases. – What about GV? | -和帕拉多基地传出不寻常举动 -电视台呢? |
[12:56] | They stopped broadcasting. | 他们停止广播了 |
[12:58] | – Are you ready to brief? – Fifteen minutes. | -你准备好要做简报了吗? -十五分钟后 |
[13:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:07] | Can you hang around for a minute? | 你能多留一分钟吗? |
[13:09] | There’s about to be a coup in Venezuela. | 委内瑞拉发生政变 |
[13:13] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[13:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:22] | Bartlet seemed to rely heavily on his intellectual book smarts… | 巴特勒似乎很仰赖他的智囊团 |
[13:27] | … that some experts believe to be off-putting to many Americans. | 一些专家学者相信 这使许多美国人感到不悦 |
[13:30] | Did you think that the president ran too smart? | 你认为总统的操作手法太精明吗? |
[13:33] | We never advised him to hide his intelligence, especially during debates… | 我们从未建议他隐藏他的睿智 尤其在辩论时 |
[13:37] | Hey, with the singing. | 嘿,歌声暂停 |
[13:38] | … because that’s what made him stand out as a candidate. | 因为这是他与别的候选人 不同的最大因素 |
[13:41] | Walk us through the tea leaves. | 关于这场选仗 |
[13:43] | What were the indicators for you? | 有什么是你认为的关键因素呢? |
[13:46] | High gas prices and instability in the Gulf region. | 高涨的石油价 和波斯湾地区的不稳定 |
[13:48] | And so we recommended that he make energy a hot topic for the campaign. | 我们建议这次竞选以能源作为议题 |
[13:53] | And obviously a winning strategy. | 显然这是成功的策略 |
[13:55] | People say this is a president who… | 大家说这位总统 |
[13:57] | … more than anyone since Truman, ran his own campaign. Is that true? | 是继杜鲁门之后最为自主 推动竞选活动的人,是真的吗? |
[14:01] | Yeah. We all give advice… | 是的,我们都给予建议 |
[14:03] | … but this president calls his own shots. | 但一切操控在总统自己手中 |
[14:06] | – Does anyone know who this is? – I think he won the election. | -有人知道这是谁吗? -我猜是他赢得选战的 |
[14:10] | – It sounds like he did well. – I think that’s Chris Whitaker. | -听起来,他似乎做得很好 -我想,那是克里斯惠克 |
[14:13] | – It is. – He’s a pollster. | -正是 -他是民调人员 |
[14:14] | He’s a pollster that Bruno contracted out of Illinois. | 是布鲁诺在伊利诺州的 民调人员 |
[14:20] | Excuse me. Don’t break things. | 失陪了,不要打破东西 |
[14:24] | You realize you won all the Plains states but the Dakotas? | 你知道你们赢了所有的平原州 但不包括南、北达科塔州吗? |
[14:28] | We won the Dakotas. | 我们有拿下南、北达科塔州 |
[14:30] | I didn’t even realize that. | 我甚至没注意到 |
[14:32] | Yeah, we won the Dakotas tonight. | 是的,我们今晚赢了南、北达科塔州 |
[14:36] | The Badlands. | 恶土区 |
[14:38] | – Bruno? – Sitting Bull was buried… Yeah. Hello. | -布鲁诺? -公牛酋长就是埋在哦,哈�� |
[14:40] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[14:43] | This is Ashley, assistant to Jane Zalaznick… | 这是安雪莉,女性领导联盟 |
[14:46] | …at the Women’s Leadership Coalition. – C.J. | -珍娜拉尼克的助理 -我是茜洁 |
[14:48] | – Nice to meet you. – You got a second? | -幸会 -能借一步说话吗? |
[14:55] | Carloads of partygoers from the Women’s Leadership Coalition… | 女性领导联盟和女性行动网 |
[14:58] | …and the Women’s Action Network are unloading… | 送来一车派对女郎 她们正在下车 |
[15:01] | …at the northwest executive entrance. | 就在在西北的行政入口处 |
[15:04] | It is time for watermelon. | 该是品尝甜果的时刻了 |
[15:07] | You know a guy named Chris Whitaker? | 你认识一位叫作克里斯惠克的人吗? |
[15:09] | – Widdle? – Whitaker. | -惠得? -惠克 |
[15:12] | – Witkenstein? – Are you drunk? | -惠克斯坦吗? -你喝醉了吗? |
[15:14] | – A little bit. – Chris Whitaker. | -有点 -克里斯惠克 |
[15:16] | Is a pollster I contracted for Cook County. | 是我替库克郡 签约的民调人员 |
[15:19] | He was just on TV claiming credit for your energy strategy. | 他刚才上电视 抢走你能源策略的功劳 |
[15:26] | The energy strategy and who knows what else. | 能源策略,天晓得还有什么 |
[15:29] | – Witkenstein? – Bruno! | -惠克斯坦吗? -布鲁诺! |
[15:30] | – What do I care? – You should talk to reporters. | -我在乎什么? -你应该和记者谈谈 |
[15:33] | – You’re entitled to the status you earned. – The only thing I need status for… | -你的功劳不应该被抢 -我唯一需要被认可的 |
[15:38] | …I’m doing right now. – I’m watching this guy. | -就是我现在的“工作” -我要盯着这个家伙 |
[15:40] | – You don’t have to watch him. – We owe you. | -你不需要盯着他 -我们欠你的 |
[15:43] | No, I got paid. But thanks. | 不,你们有给我钱了,但谢了 |
[15:46] | I’m gonna talk to Ashley. | 我要去和安雪莉谈谈 |
[15:47] | – I’m gonna be watching this guy. – I’m gonna be talking to Ashley. | -我会盯着这家伙 -我要去和安雪莉说话 |
[15:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:58] | Donna. You might wanna tell Josh that a few carloads of women… | 唐娜,请告诉乔西 一卡车的女郎 |
[16:02] | – Yeah, he knows. – Okay. | -看来,他知道了 -很好 |
[16:04] | – Josh. – Hang on. People… | -乔西 -等等,有一些 |
[16:05] | …from the Women’s Leadership Coalition just… | 从女性领导联盟来的人 |
[16:10] | Yes, hello. | 是,哈�� |
[16:11] | Hello. It’s a target-rich environment… | 哈��,这是个高贵的环境 |
[16:14] | …and I don’t wanna cramp your style. I wanted to stash my coat in your office. | 我不想破坏你的风格 我想把我的外套藏在你的办公室 |
[16:18] | – Sure. – Come here. | -当然可以 -请进来 |
[16:21] | – Congratulations. – Thanks. | -恭禧 -谢谢 |
[16:22] | You owe me 10 dollars on the Delaware 1 st… | 你欠我十块钱 德拉瓦州的第一选区 |
[16:25] | …ten dollars on lowa 5th. We pushed across the Mountain states… | 十块钱在爱荷华州第五选区 我们在山区各州扯平 |
[16:29] | …I lost Arkansas and the Georgia Legislature… | 我输了阿肯色和乔治亚州 议员席次 |
[16:31] | …but you went 20 on the Michigan gubernatorial. | 但你在密西根 州政府的重选输了二十 |
[16:34] | How you doing on the night? | 你晚上的收获如何? |
[16:35] | I’m only up 90, but there’s a waste disposal bond issue in Jasper, Alabama… | 我才赢到九十,但阿拉巴马州的 债券问题浪费许多 |
[16:39] | …that’s gonna put me in a new pair of Manolos. | 只能帮我买一双欲望城市版的 曼诺斯新鞋 |
[16:42] | So the guys at Lexington and Concord, they didn’t die in vain. | 所以独立战争的士兵 没有白白牺牲 |
[16:46] | – Yeah, no way. – Wanna hear the funniest thing? | -是,可不是 -想听有趣的事吗? |
[16:48] | A week ago, Sam told Horton Wilde’s widow that he would run in his place. | 一周前,山姆去对 怀尔德的遗孀说他会去竞选 |
[16:52] | – I know. – You heard? | -我知道 -你听说了? |
[16:54] | – Yeah. – All these events conspired to… | -是的 -所有事件的源自 |
[16:57] | The DNC gave up, so the RNC left town, leaving no one to read the exits. | 民主党团放弃,共和党团离开 没人管出口民调 |
[17:02] | – Want me to open it? – I can do it. | -要我帮忙打开吗? -我可以自己来 |
[17:04] | The president won the Midwest. | 总统赢了中西部 |
[17:06] | There was depressed Republican turnout in the district… | 该区的共和党员士气低落 |
[17:10] | …because it was never a race, and… – Will Bailey. | -因为之前我们从来不是对手而 -威尔贝利 |
[17:12] | – I keep hearing that name. – I helped him raise money. | -我一直听到这个名字 -我帮他筹款 |
[17:15] | For a dead candidate, of course you did. | 为了一位过世的候选人 当然是你会做的事 |
[17:17] | Anyway, Sam’s desperately trying to get a hold of the widow… | 山姆忙着想联络他的遗孀 |
[17:20] | …to have the worst conversation of his life. He’ll have to say… | 以说出他一生中最让悲惨的话 他必须说 |
[17:24] | He should do it. That’s what I came to tell you. | 他应该去的 这是我来找你谈的原因 |
[17:26] | – What do you mean? – He should run. | -你是什么意思? -他应该参选 |
[17:28] | He’ll get killed. | 他会被痛宰的 |
[17:30] | But tomorrow, you’ll face an angry minority who don’t feel… | 但明天你得面对愤怒的少数人 不这样做,他们不会觉得 |
[17:33] | …the president did enough to make them the majority. | 总统有努力 想让他们在该区成为大党 |
[17:35] | Angry House Democrats, I’m shivering. Hold my hand. | 愤怒的民主党议员 我在颤抖,握住我的手 |
[17:38] | – I’m saying… – The president’s coattails… | -我是指 -总统提携 |
[17:40] | …elected a Democrat out of Orange County with literally no pulse. | 一个没有“活”力的人 去选橘郡议员已经大受批评了 |
[17:44] | – Any congressman complaining… – Will be smoothed over… | -现在我们的国会议员会抱怨 -会被安抚的 |
[17:47] | Will be smoothed over if the president sends a top lieutenant… | 只要总统指派一名高阶上尉 |
[17:51] | …still shining from victory, on a suicide mission to Disney’s California Adventure. | 一个还沐浴在胜利的光芒 却愿自杀式投入加州选区的人 |
[17:55] | – You’re ahead 90 bucks? – And it’s still very early. | -你领先九十块了吗? -现在还很早哪 |
[17:58] | All right, give me your coat. | 好吧,你的外套给我 |
[18:10] | What? | 什么? |
[18:12] | I didn’t say anything. | 我没说什么 |
[18:14] | – Okay, your coat will be here. – I’m gonna go collect money. | -好的,你的外套留在这 -我要出去收钱了 |
[18:17] | Enjoy. | 尽情享受 |
[18:36] | I certainly… | 那是当然 |
[18:39] | Donna! | 唐娜! |
[18:43] | – How did you know I was out there? – I felt you lurking. | -你怎么知道我在这里? -我感受得到你潜伏在此 |
[18:48] | I wanna try to find a guy named Will Bailey… | 我想找一个叫威尔贝利的家伙 |
[18:51] | …with the Wilde campaign in Newport Beach. | 在新港海滩市帮怀尔德竞选的人 |
[18:53] | Yeah. | 好的 (万豪大饭店 新港滩市) |
[18:57] | – Congratulations. Way to go, Will. – Thanks for your work. | -恭禧,干得好,威尔 -谢谢你的努力 |
[19:00] | – I don’t know who you are. – Will! | -我不认识你 -威尔! |
[19:04] | – I’m going to sleep. – Come back to the party! | -我要去睡觉了 -回派对去! |
[19:06] | – I’m going to sleep. – Now? | -我要去睡觉 -现在吗? |
[19:08] | – Any second. – The greatest night of your life… | -就快睡着了 -你一生中最棒的时刻 |
[19:10] | …and you’re gonna sleep? – Special reward. | -而你却要去睡觉? -这是特别大奖 |
[19:13] | There are all kinds of volunteers who wanna dance with you. | 很多各种的义工想和你跳舞 |
[19:16] | – And you know what that means. – Dance? I think I do. | -你知道这是什么意思 -跳舞吗?我想我知道 |
[19:19] | You ever gonna enjoy yourself? | 你不懂享受吗? |
[19:21] | I beat Chuck Webb. That was a pretty good time. | 我赢了恰克韦伯 的确很享受 |
[19:23] | Yes, you did. | 是的,你做到了 |
[19:24] | I’m so proud that you’re my brother. | 我很骄傲你是我的兄弟 |
[19:27] | Me too. I mean, me too. | 我也是,我是指,我也是 |
[19:29] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我的意思 |
[19:32] | You sure you don’t wanna come back? | 你确定不要回去? |
[19:34] | – I can’t stand up anymore. – Okay. | -我再也撑不住了 -好吧 |
[19:37] | – Sleep well. – Thanks. | -好好睡 -谢谢 |
[19:39] | Don’t be wearing that dress all in front of… Never mind. | 不要穿这套衣服在大众算了 |
[20:08] | – Yeah. -Will, this is Josh Lyman. | -是 -威尔,我是乔西赖曼 |
[20:11] | – Congratulations. -You too, Mr. Lyman. | -恭禧 -你也是,赖曼先生 |
[20:13] | – It’s a great night. -I want to talk… | -今晚真棒 -我想谈 |
[20:16] | …about Sam. -Sure. | -山姆的事 -当然可以 |
[20:18] | Is there any chance we could talk first thing in the morning… | 我们是否能一早再谈 |
[20:21] | …it’s been a pretty long few months. | 这几个月挺辛苦的 |
[20:23] | -I understand completely, Will. – Thanks. | -我完全了解,威尔 -谢谢 |
[20:25] | Let me just ask you this. What are the president’s unfavorables in the 47th? | 我这样问你 总统在第四十七选区有何弱势? |
[20:29] | -I’m sorry? – I’m trying to get a sense of… | -抱歉? -我试着理解 |
[20:32] | …what happens when Sam gets tagged with Bartlet fatigue. | 山姆会带着什么巴特勒的弱势 |
[20:35] | I understand. I don’t have the facts and figures. | 我明白,我目前没有事实及数据 |
[20:38] | I can call you in the morning from the office. | 早上我会从办公室打给你 |
[20:40] | I assumed, because most operatives can recite that kind of thing. | 我原以为,大部分的 操盘人会牢记这种事 |
[20:44] | You know, at the upper levels. | 你知道,就是上层比对数据 总统民调有48/42 满意和不满意的支持度 |
[20:48] | The president has a 48/42 favorable/unfavorable… | |
[20:51] | …with a 12-point gender spread. “Shares our values”: 37/58. | 在性别分布的比率上 “分享我们的价观” :37/58 |
[20:54] | “Handling of economy”: 41/51. | “处理经济问题” : |
[20:57] | -“Strong leader”? – 37/44. | -“强势的领导人”? |
[20:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:11] | – Can you find Leo for me? – Yeah. | -你能帮我找到里奥吗? -可以 |
[21:18] | It’s Donna, I have Josh looking for him. | 我是唐娜,乔西要找他 |
[21:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:30] | Are you lost? | 你迷路了吗? |
[21:33] | – Hey. I know you. – Yeah. | -嘿,我认识你 -是的 |
[21:35] | You work here? You didn’t tell me that. | 你在这里工作吗? 你没告诉我 |
[21:38] | Let me see your slip. I’m sure you’re over in Dr. McNally’s wing. | 我看看你的证件 我相信你是麦纳利博士那边的 |
[21:41] | Navigation was never my strong area in school. | 导航学向来不是 我在校时最强的学科 |
[21:44] | – You had to study it? – Yeah, a lot. | -你必须读导航学? -是的,读很多 |
[21:46] | – Where did you go to school? – Annapolis. | -你是哪家学校的? -安那波理斯 |
[21:48] | Of course, I’m sorry. It’s this way, I’ll take you. | 当然,我很抱歉 往这边走,我带你去 |
[21:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[21:55] | – Why don’t you give me a carton. – No, no. | -给我一个纸箱,我帮你 -不,不 |
[21:58] | – You guys having a party or something? – Yeah, we won an election. | -你们在举行派对吗? -是的,我们打赢了选战 |
[22:01] | I heard. Congratulations. | 我听说了,恭禧 |
[22:04] | Isn’t this a strange time to be moving into your office? | 现在这时段搬进你的办公室 不会很奇怪吗? |
[22:06] | I’m the 2 a.m. watch commander in the Situation Room tonight. | 我是今晚两点的 战情室指挥官 |
[22:10] | Why didn’t you tell me you worked here? | 为何不告诉我 你在这里工作? |
[22:12] | I didn’t want you to feel awkward about voting for Ritchie. | 我不想让你因为投给李奇 而感到尴尬 |
[22:15] | I didn’t vote for Ritchie. | 我没投给李奇 |
[22:16] | Because you traded with me, but your intent was to vote for Ritchie. | 因为你和我交换 但你是想投给李奇的 |
[22:20] | – Yes. – And I didn’t want you to feel awkward. | -是的 -我不想让你觉得别扭 |
[22:23] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[22:25] | So why were you gonna vote for Ritchie? | 你为什么想投给李奇? |
[22:27] | My role here isn’t political. | 我在这里的角色与政治无关 |
[22:29] | Is that what they told you to say? | 这是他们要你这样说的吗? |
[22:31] | – Well, people usually don’t ask. – That’s true. | -大家通常不会问 -这倒是真的 |
[22:34] | So why were you gonna vote for Ritchie? | 你为什么想投给李奇? |
[22:36] | – I think this is my door right here. – It is. | -我想门就在这里了 -是的 |
[22:43] | Would you mind? | 你能帮忙吗? |
[22:48] | – Okay. – It’s freezing in here. | -好 -这里很冷 |
[22:54] | – I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot. – You bet. | -我很感激你的帮助,谢谢 -不客气 |
[23:00] | – So why were you vo…? – Pentagon procurement. | -你为什么投? -五角大厦的采购政策 |
[23:03] | – What about it? – The president said he’d roll it back. | -有什么关系? -总统说他会缩减经费 |
[23:06] | He wasn’t talking about your job or weapons, he was talking about… | 他不是指你的工作或武器 他是指那些 |
[23:11] | …five-hundred-dollar screwdrivers. – Excuse me. | -五百块的螺丝起子 -抱歉 |
[23:14] | Lieutenant Commander Reese. | 瑞斯少校 |
[23:16] | I’m just asking out of curiosity. | 我只是好奇想问 |
[23:17] | – I mean, you’re not in favor of… – Thank you. | -我只是好奇,你不会 -谢谢你 |
[23:22] | – Calling me to work early. – What’s going on? | -要我早点去上工 -发生什么事了? |
[23:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 听起来像委内瑞拉有什么政变 |
[23:27] | Well, you should go do that, then. | 那你应该快去 |
[23:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:32] | Yeah, be careful. | 请你一定要小心点 |
[23:34] | Thanks, but I’m just going downstairs. | 谢谢,但我只是要走下楼 |
[23:36] | – Still. – Okay. | -一样 -好 |
[23:45] | There’s a cable intercept out of Punto Fijo to Miraflores. | 这是截到从普东费吉欧 传到米亚弗洛的电报 |
[23:48] | A request to speak to lgnacio? | 要求和伊格纳萧谈话? |
[23:50] | Yeah, and there’s a cellular intercept, has General Martinez… | 是的,还有手机的通话 是马汀尼兹将军 |
[23:53] | …at the palace calling General Reyes. | 在皇宫打给瑞耶斯将军的电话 |
[23:55] | – And? – The request was denied. | -然后呢? -要求被拒绝 |
[23:57] | Yeah, that wasn’t really a high-percentage phone call. | 那通电话份量不够高 |
[24:00] | No. | 不够 |
[24:05] | Leo, this is Lieutenant Commander Jack Reese. | 里奥,这位是杰克瑞斯少校 |
[24:08] | He’s Nancy McNally’s new man in uniform. | 他是南西麦纳利的新手下 |
[24:10] | Welcome, commander. When did you start? | 欢迎,少校 你什么时候开始? |
[24:12] | He started about 10 seconds ago, Leo, this is his first night. | 他在十秒钟之前开始 里奥,这是他的第一晚 |
[24:16] | All right. Let me say first, this is not a drill. | 好的,我话说在前头 这不是演习 |
[24:19] | – Yes, sir. – Major Carson from SOUTHCOM. | -是的,先生 -南方指挥部的卡森少校 |
[24:21] | Adam Hallridge, CIA, Venezuela desk. | 亚当哈利奇 CIA的委内瑞拉部门 |
[24:24] | Troop, Assistant Secretary for Latin American Affairs… | 崔普,拉丁美洲事务助理秘书长 |
[24:27] | …and some other people. | 和一些其他的人 |
[24:29] | Ignacio’s two top generals, Martinez and Rojas… | 伊格纳萧的两位顶尖将军 马汀尼兹和罗杰斯 |
[24:32] | …threw their support behind Luna. | 暗中支持鲁纳 |
[24:34] | And Martinez placed lgnacio and his vice president under arrest. | 马汀尼兹软禁伊格纳萧 而他的副总统被逮捕 |
[24:38] | Does their control extend beyond Caracas? | 他们控制的地方有越过 卡拉卡斯吗? |
[24:40] | No. | 没有 |
[24:42] | Ignacio’s got the PDVSA refinery at Punto Fijo. | 伊格纳萧在普东费吉欧有 委纳瑞拉炼油厂 |
[24:45] | There’s 63 Americans in the refinery. | 那里就有六十三个美国人 |
[24:47] | Mr. McGarry needs you to cull the pertinent intelligence data. | 马加瑞先生需要你 选取相关的情报数据 |
[24:51] | Put together a briefing he can give the president. | 汇集在一个两页简报中 让他向总统报告 |
[24:53] | How much time do you need? | 你需要多少时间? |
[24:56] | Three hours? | 三小时行吗? |
[25:01] | Twenty minutes, son. | 给你二十分钟,孩子 |
[25:09] | “My ex-husband, Toby Ziegler, and I are expecting twins in May. | “我的前夫,托比齐格和我 期待五月双胞胎的诞生 |
[25:15] | We thank you for your good wishes and ask for privacy… | 我们感谢你们的祝福 也请在我们考虑修好期间 |
[25:18] | …while we consider… | 暂且为我们保密” |
[25:20] | …reconciliation.” Two sentences. | 两个句子 |
[25:25] | Actually, that’s good. | 事实上,这样很好 |
[25:27] | – Yeah. – It is. | -是的 -的确是 |
[25:28] | – Harmless. – Yes. | -不会造成伤害 -是的 |
[25:30] | I’ll tell you what, I’ll issue that statement, and that’ll be that. | 我会发出这张声明 就这样 |
[25:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:39] | Toby, wake up. Wake up. Time to go to school. | 托比,醒来、醒来 该上学了 |
[25:41] | – What is the problem? – You raise your voice… | -到底是什么问题? -你对一个怀孕的女人 |
[25:43] | …to a pregnant woman? – I didn’t. | -大声说话? -我没有 |
[25:45] | – It was in your inflection. – Was it? | -明明有 -是吗? |
[25:47] | It is not a matter of national security that the public know. | 大众知道 这并非与国家安全相关之事 |
[25:50] | I do not waive my Fourteenth Amendment rights. | 我不想放弃 第十四条修正案的权利 |
[25:53] | The Fourteenth Amendment protects you from state action, not the media. | 第十四条修正案在保护你 不受州政府的干扰,而非媒体 |
[25:57] | There are 24 members of Congress over 80. | 国会里有二十四位 年纪超过八十岁的委员 |
[26:00] | They work on Tuesdays. No one tonight is questioning their job performance. | 他们星期二才工作 今晚没人质疑他们的工作表现 |
[26:03] | First of all, three of those guys are outstanding congressmen. | 第一,其中三位是杰出的 国会议员 |
[26:07] | Second, their constituents knew they were 80 when they voted for them. | 第二,他们的支持者投给他们时 就知道他们八十岁了 |
[26:10] | I wouldn’t have been elected if voters knew? | 如果选民知道我怀孕了 我就不会当选吗? |
[26:13] | Voters aren’t the ones who are gonna throw the picnic. | 选民是不会举办野餐庆祝的 |
[26:15] | – I know. – Then what’s the problem? | -我知道 -那有什么问题呢? |
[26:17] | I can’t stand the ones who are. | 我不能忍受那些人 |
[26:20] | You know I’m gonna get sued. | 你知道我会被起诉 |
[26:22] | I mean, you know it. | 我是指,你是知道的 |
[26:23] | The Citizens League for a Rooty-Tooty Freedom Liberty. | 解放自由什么鬼的公民协会 |
[26:28] | They’ll work out of a strip mall in Sarasota, but they’ll be well-funded. | 他们能在萨垃素塔弄出个商店街来 他们背后是有财团的 |
[26:35] | – You’re not trying to avoid a fight. – No. | -你不是想避开一场斗争 -不 |
[26:38] | – You’re looking for one. – Yeah. | -你是在期待一场斗争 -是的 |
[26:40] | – You’re sniffing around for a fight. – Yes. | -你到处在闻,在找斗争的机会 -是的 |
[26:43] | Not sniffing around for one as much as… | 用找的不如 |
[26:46] | …trying to create one. Trying to create trouble where none existed. | 自己来制造一个 制造一个前所未有的征战 |
[26:52] | – Yes. – Well… | -是的 -那么 |
[26:55] | …I can admire that. | 我很欣赏这样的你 |
[27:01] | Honey, have you told the Bartlets? | 亲爱的,你告诉巴特勒了吗? |
[27:03] | – No. – Why not? | -还没 -为什么? |
[27:09] | I came up with a plan to tell them apart in the initial months. | 我想到一个点子可以在 小孩子的前几个月分别他们俩 |
[27:13] | I think I’ll probably dress them differently. | 我想我会让他们穿不同的衣服 |
[27:16] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[27:18] | I was gonna hang little signs around their necks. | 我要在他们的脖子上 挂着小小的记号 |
[27:22] | Why haven’t you told them? | 你为什么不告诉他们? |
[27:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:30] | There’s a thing,”The biggest lies are told after sex, before…” | 有一句话“最大的谎言 是在性爱之后” |
[27:36] | Something. | 在某件事之前说的 |
[27:38] | Well, I think it’s helpful if lies come before sex. | 我认为谎言 如果能在性爱之前说会有所助益 |
[27:44] | But”The biggest lies come after the hunt… | “但最大的谎言 是在开始追求之后 |
[27:47] | …before marriage and during elections.” | 在结婚之前以及竞选期间说的” |
[27:49] | – Mark Twain? – Nice to meet you. Bruno Gianelli. | -马克吐温名言吗? -幸会,是布鲁诺贾纳利名言 |
[27:54] | – You’re funny. – Yeah. | -你很有趣 -是的 |
[27:56] | Does winning make you funny? | 是胜利使你幽默吗? |
[27:57] | Losing makes you funny, winning makes you handsome. | 失败让人幽默 胜利使人变得更英俊 |
[28:01] | – Well, you must win an awful lot. – Bruno? | -那你一定赢了很多 -布鲁诺? |
[28:07] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[28:13] | I am… | 我 |
[28:16] | I’m just gonna kill you. | 我真的要杀了你 |
[28:18] | – She seems nice. – That’s the brunette named Annette. | -她看起来很正点 -那位褐发女士叫作安妮特 |
[28:22] | You’d give anything if she was from Tibet. | 如果她是从西藏来的 你就连中三元了 |
[28:24] | I’m fine with her being from Philadelphia. State your business. | 从费城来的我也没问题 有屁快放 |
[28:27] | – Witkenstein. – I don’t believe this. | -惠克斯坦 -我不敢相信 |
[28:28] | It’ll be the start of a press tour. | 他会变成媒体新宠的 |
[28:30] | – Enjoy the party. – I’m gonna leak campaign memos. | -享受派对吧 -我要丢出一些竞选备忘录 |
[28:33] | Listen. I think it’s good this guy is talking. | 听好,我认为这家伙说话 也不错的 |
[28:36] | He doesn’t know anything. It won’t last long. | 他什么也不知道 不会持续太久的 |
[28:38] | – I don’t care. We can… – C.J. | -我不在乎,我们能 -茜洁 |
[28:40] | I know how to do this, end a process story… | 我知道怎么处理 我可以同时结束一个内幕报导 |
[28:42] | …and correct the record. – Look at me. | -再修正相关记录 -看着我 |
[28:44] | – What? – We won. It’s over. | -什么? -我们赢了,一切都结束了 |
[28:56] | In a poll taken three days after the MS announcement… | 在总统宣布他生病之后三天 进行一个民调 |
[28:59] | …the President lost to Ritchie by nine points. He won by 11. You did it. | 当时总统输给李奇九个百分点 结果他赢了十一点,这是你的功绩 |
[29:05] | It helps when you cook with the right food. | 有好的食材就可以做出美食 |
[29:09] | But at midnight, my contract with Bartlet for America expired. | 但在午夜时分,我和巴特勒 竞选团队所签的合约就到期了 |
[29:13] | I’m a taxpayer now. I’ve got bigger problems than who gets credit for a win. | 我现在只是个纳税人 我有比抢功劳更大的麻烦等着 |
[29:19] | And I’d rather the White House not spend time on it. | 我宁可白宫 不要在这上面浪费时间 |
[29:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:27] | Hey, if you wanna come back to my office, there’s an actual still. | 如果你想回我的办公室 别客气,大家还在 |
[29:31] | – I heard. I’ll be there. – Okay. | -我听到了,我会去的 -好的 |
[29:34] | – Speaking of credit. – Yeah. | -说到功绩 -是 |
[29:36] | Nice win. | 赢得漂亮 |
[29:44] | – Listen, can I talk to you for a minute? – Yeah. | -我能和你谈一会吗? -可以 |
[29:48] | I’ve been talking to a few people… | 我和一些人讨论过 |
[29:50] | …and I don’t know, I think maybe Sam should run. | 我认为山姆也许应该去竞选 |
[29:53] | – I’ve thought about that too. – What’s the story gonna be? | -我也有这个想法 -结果会变成怎样? |
[29:56] | – That we didn’t take back the House. – Like that was our fault. | -我们本来就没拿到那个席次 -但不是我们的错 |
[30:00] | “He didn’t do enough down-ticket campaigning.” | “他没完成减少选票的选战” |
[30:02] | Any idea how much gumbo that man ate? | 那个人到底吃了多少秋葵? |
[30:04] | This is what you do. You bounce off the subject. | 你就是这样 老是离题 |
[30:09] | Oh, shrimp. | 哦,虾子 |
[30:10] | Running for Congress isn’t a thing you do to change the story. | 竞选国会议员是不会改变剧情的 |
[30:14] | I know, but there are real reasons. | 我知道,但有个正式的理由 |
[30:16] | We give Democrats in the 47th something to get excited about. | 我们就让第四十七区的 民主党员兴奋一下 |
[30:21] | – You think he should run? – I do. | -你认为他应该去选? -是的 |
[30:24] | – This shrimp is incredibly good. – What are you doing here? | -这虾子真是鲜美无比 -你在这里做什么? |
[30:27] | I’m your wingman. | 我是你的左右手 |
[30:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:31] | – Hello. – Hey. | -哈�� -嘿 |
[30:32] | Toby, I’m afraid you didn’t have a good night. | 托比,我想你今晚恐怕没睡好 |
[30:35] | I bet against a Puerto Rican for Bronx borough president, I deserve it. | 我押错宝了,我活该 |
[30:38] | You took a hit, ironically, on a Wisconsin referendum to legalize gambling… | 威斯康辛州赌博合法化的公投 你深受打击了 |
[30:43] | …but you won steaks on the over-under in the Texas Farm Commissioner race. | 但你打赢 德州农业理事长的选战 |
[30:48] | Does the U.S. Attorney’s office know you? | 美国检察官办公室认识你吗? |
[30:50] | – Yeah, they have me on file. – Can we talk to you a minute? | -是,他们有把我归档 -我们能谈谈吗? |
[30:53] | Actually, I’m gonna talk to the president and first lady. Can it wait? | 事实上,我要先和总统 以及第一夫人谈,能等吗? |
[30:57] | – You’re gonna tell them? – Yeah. | -你要告诉他们了吗? -是 |
[31:00] | – Can we come? – No. | -我们能一起去吗? -不能 |
[31:01] | – They’re still up, right? – Yeah. | -他们还没睡,是吗? -是的 |
[31:06] | Jimmy Fitzsimmons won the Boston mayor’s race by 51 points… | 吉米费兹蒙以百分之五十一 赢得波士顿的市长 |
[31:09] | …and believe it or not, did not beat the spread. | 信不信由你,他在赛前不被看好 |
[31:14] | I think he should do it. | 我认为他应该去选 |
[31:25] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[31:29] | Do you work on the maintenance staff? | 你也是维修工作人员吗? |
[31:31] | No, I’m senior assistant to Josh Lyman, he’s the deputy chief of staff. | 不,我是乔西赖曼的资深助理 他是副幕僚长 |
[31:35] | I’d noticed that the room was cold before, so I loosened up the radiator… | 我注意到这个房间很冷 所以我把电暖器转开了 |
[31:40] | …but then, well, I guess you could say I broke it. | 可是,你可以说 我弄坏了 |
[31:43] | But it’s fine now. It should be fine. | 现在修好了,应该可以了 |
[31:45] | Well, I doubt it. | 嗯,我很怀疑 |
[31:48] | The building has maintenance, doesn’t it? | 这栋建筑物有维修小组吧? |
[31:51] | They’re having fun at the party. | 他们在派对玩得很高兴 |
[31:53] | So everyone safe in Venezuela? | 委内瑞拉的人都安全吗? |
[31:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:03] | $500 screwdrivers is why you didn’t vote for him? | 五百元的螺丝起子 让你不想投给他 |
[32:05] | I work for the president, that’s a lot. | 我替总统工作,这就很够意思了 |
[32:08] | – It’s wasteful spending. – No, it’s not. | -那是浪费公帑 -不,不是 |
[32:10] | A $400 ashtray? | 一个四百块钱的烟灰缸? |
[32:18] | – What was that? – A $400 ashtray. | -这是干嘛? -一个四百块钱的烟灰缸 |
[32:20] | It’s off the USS Greeneville, a submarine and a likely target for a torpedo. | 这东西拖累了《格林维尔号》 一艘潜艇或其他鱼雷攻击的目标 |
[32:24] | When hit, you’ve got enough problems without glass flying… | 被击中时 即使没有碎玻璃就够麻烦了 |
[32:27] | …in the eyes of the navigator and officer of the deck. | 但加上碎玻璃飞进领航员 以及站在甲板上那些军官的眼睛 |
[32:30] | This one’s built to break into three dull pieces. | 这种东西是只会裂成三块的 |
[32:34] | We lead a different life out there, and it costs more money. | 我们在那种地方的生活方式不同 势必是要更昂贵的东西才行 |
[32:38] | I can’t believe you broke a $400 ashtray. | 我不敢相信 你破坏了四百块的烟灰缸 |
[32:41] | Yeah, I wish I hadn’t done that. It’s because you’re blonde. | 是的,我希望我没破坏 都是你的金发造成的 |
[32:46] | – How’d it go in the Sit Room? – Not my finest hour. | -在简报室还顺利吗? -不是我最顺利的时候 |
[32:50] | You wanna go to the party? | 你想去派对玩吗? |
[32:53] | – I’ve still got the watch. – Okay. | -我还在上班时段 -好 |
[32:58] | – Can you glue that thing back together? – No. | -你能把它黏回去吗? -不能 |
[33:05] | – They’ll page me up at the party, right? – Yeah. | -在派对上,他们也能传呼我吧? -是的 |
[33:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:21] | As you can see, we’ve moved on to the caviar course. | 如你所看到的 我们要进行到鱼子酱了 |
[33:26] | – I love caviar. – I know how you do. | -我爱死鱼子酱 -我知道你有多爱 |
[33:30] | Stoli Cristall, the most elegant of vodkas. | 史东利克里斯塔 是最高级的伏特加 |
[33:37] | The caviar itself is a product of my advice… | 鱼子酱还曾经是我提议要列入 |
[33:40] | …at the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species. | 国际濒临绝种生物贸易大会的 产品名单 |
[33:44] | We passed a much more stringent bill… | 我们通过更严厉的法案 |
[33:47] | …against the poaching of Caspian Sea sturgeons. | 防止猎捕里海鲟鱼 |
[33:50] | This is Oklahoma caviar? | 这是奥克拉荷马出产的鱼子酱吗? |
[33:53] | California white sturgeon from the Stillman Sea Farm in Elverta. | 加州白鲟鱼 是从史迪门渔场捉来的 |
[33:58] | – Only the best. – Stop, it’s getting hot in here. | -只用最好的 -够了,这里够热了 |
[34:01] | Oh, I think you’re gonna find… | 哦,我想你会发现 |
[34:05] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[34:11] | – Good evening. – How you doing? | -晚安 -您好吗? |
[34:12] | I’m fine, thank you, sir. | 我很好,谢谢你,先生 |
[34:14] | – I’m sorry, but Leo needs to see you. – Okay. Anyone else? | -很抱歉,但里奥要见你 -好的,还有别人吗? |
[34:17] | – Yes, sir, then Toby. – Yeah. You’re young, Charlie. | -是的,还有托比 -啊,你还年轻,查理 |
[34:20] | Don’t you wanna be having fun right now? | 你现在不想出去玩玩吗? |
[34:22] | Yes, sir, but I work for you. | 是想的,先生,但我为你工作 |
[34:24] | I get that a lot. Leo. | 我真是受益良多 里奥 |
[34:27] | – Good evening, sir. – Yes? | -晚安,先生 -是的? |
[34:29] | – You look sharp. – Thank you. | -你看起来很正点 -谢谢你 |
[34:31] | – Hey, Abbey. – Hi, Leo. | -嘿,艾比 -嗨,里奥 |
[34:33] | What happened? | 发生什么事? |
[34:35] | It sounds like Commando Especial units under Luna… | 鲁纳之下的特种突击队 |
[34:38] | …broke into the refinery and took control. | 冲进炼油厂并控制一切 |
[34:41] | – The Americans? – They’re safe. It’s over. | -里面的美国人呢? -他们都安全,一切都结束了 |
[34:46] | Yeah. Well, we kind of knew it was gonna be like this. | 是,我们早知道情况会如此的 |
[34:49] | – Yes, sir. – Jordan still here? | -是的,先生 -乔登还在这里吗? |
[34:51] | – Yeah. – All right, have a good night. | -是的 -那好,尽情享受一夜吧 |
[34:53] | – You know Toby’s lurking out here? – Yeah. Toby. | -你知道托比埋伏在这附近吗? -是的,托比 |
[34:56] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[35:00] | – Good evening, sir. – Hi. | -晚安,先生 -嗨 |
[35:03] | Mrs. Bartlet, that’s a lovely housecoat you’re wearing. | 巴特勒夫人 你的家居服真美丽 |
[35:06] | – Thank you. – Listen, I’m in the middle of something. | -谢谢你 -听好,我此刻正在忙呢 |
[35:09] | Is this anything that could wait until tomorrow? | 什么事不能等到明天再说吗? |
[35:12] | Of course it is. | 当然可以 |
[35:13] | Really, I’ve stopped by because I hadn’t told you that Andy’s pregnant. | 事实上,我只是来告诉你们 安娣怀孕了 |
[35:17] | It’s twins and, of course, I’m the father. | 是对双胞胎,当然 我是孩子的爹 |
[35:21] | Wow, that’s great. | 哇,真是太好了 |
[35:23] | Well done. See you tomorrow. | 干得好,明天见 |
[35:24] | – Yeah. – Jed! Toby… | -是的 -杰德!托比 |
[35:30] | …get in here. | 进来 |
[35:34] | I was this close. | 我就差一点点就成功了 |
[35:37] | – Andy’s pregnant? – Yeah. | -安娣怀孕了? -是的 |
[35:39] | It’s twins, a boy and a girl. | 是对双胞胎,一男一女 |
[35:43] | That is the most wonderful news. | 这真是最棒的消息 |
[35:46] | – I’m gonna cry. – You should marry that girl, Toby. | -我要哭了 -你应该和她结婚,托比 |
[35:49] | – I’m doing my best, sir. – How far along is she? | -我会尽力的,先生 -她何时生产? |
[35:52] | End of May. I have a picture. | 五月底,我有带照片 |
[35:54] | – Wait a second, end of May? – Oh, boy. | -等一等,五月底? -天啊 |
[35:57] | – This is gonna… – Hang on, I’m doing math in my head. | -这会 -等等,我在计算 |
[36:00] | End of May, why didn’t you tell us until now? | 五月底,你为什么现在才说? |
[36:03] | – Jed, he doesn’t need a reason. – Yeah, but he’s got one. | -杰德,他不需要理由 -没错,但有一个理由 |
[36:06] | The truth is, I don’t, sir, at least not a good one. | 事实上我没有,先生 至少,没有一个好的理由 |
[36:10] | I was intimidated by your Catholicism. | 我很怕你严谨的天主教义 |
[36:13] | Really? | 是吗? |
[36:15] | – Yeah. – It’s my Catholicism, it works for me. | -是的 -那是我的教义,对我管用 |
[36:18] | – And me. – And her. | -还有我 -还有她 |
[36:20] | – Did you break any laws? – No, sir. | -你有违反任何法规吗? -没有的,先生 |
[36:23] | Then a blessing on your house, young man. Mazel tov. | 那么,祝福你一家,年轻人 敬你 |
[36:26] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生 |
[36:29] | – Thank you, ma’am. – Okay. | -谢谢你,夫人 -好的 |
[36:32] | – Is that caviar there? – Not really, no. | -那是鱼子酱吗? -并没有,没有 |
[36:35] | Let’s go. | 咱们走人了 |
[36:43] | I told Leo McGarry that. I said education’s the silver bullet… | 我告诉里奥马加瑞 教育是终极武器银弹 |
[36:46] | …that’s what this election is about. | 这就是选举 |
[36:48] | We went in the field. We came up with the middle-class tax cut… | 我们进场,我们集中火力 在中产阶级减税项目 |
[36:52] | …plus the 100 percent tax-deductible tuition… | 外加百分之百可扣抵的学费 |
[36:54] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[36:56] | – Chris Whitaker, right? – Yeah. | -你是克里斯惠克吗? -是的 |
[37:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:01] | – Thank you, thank you, thank you. – Well, thank you. | -谢谢你,谢谢你,谢谢你 -哦,谢谢你 |
[37:05] | No, please. We’re all impressed with how influential you were… | 不,我们对你的影响力 真是印象深刻 |
[37:08] | …particularly when most of us have never met you. | 尤其是,我们大部分的人 从来都没看见过你 |
[37:12] | What I’m most grateful for is the process story… | 我个人最感激的是 你的选举内幕报导 |
[37:15] | …taking attention from the debate and focuses it… | 让大家对辩论会的关注转移到 |
[37:17] | …where it belongs, which is the contest. | 主题上,也就是竞选本身 |
[37:20] | This is the story everyone will be clamoring for. You’re filling that need. | 正是个能引起大家注意的故事 你满足了媒体的需要 |
[37:23] | To show my gratitude, I’m calling all the news outlets and letting them know… | 为了表示谢意,我要打给 所有新闻媒体让他们知道 |
[37:28] | …that I’ll be forwarding all your confidential memos to the president… | 我会把你传给总统的 所有机密文件转给他们报导 |
[37:33] | …Iogs of all your calls with him… | 还有你和他的所有通话记录 |
[37:35] | …Secret Service logs of your meetings inside the White House. | 以及你在白宫内的会议记录 |
[37:38] | I really pissed you off, huh? | 我让你很火大,是吧? |
[37:40] | Don’t disrespect Leo McGarry and Bruno Gianelli. | 不要对里奥马加瑞和 布鲁诺贾纳利无礼 |
[37:48] | – Sam. – I was just on my way. | -山姆 -我设法赶来 |
[37:51] | – What do you guys need? – We need to talk to you. | -你们要干嘛? -我们要和你谈谈 |
[38:02] | Talk to me about what? | 和我谈什么? |
[38:04] | We think you should run. | 我们认为你应该去选 |
[38:06] | Why would you think something like that? | 你们为什么会这样想? |
[38:08] | Well, it was Josh’s idea. | 是乔西的主意 |
[38:10] | Actually, it was Amy’s. | 事实上,是艾咪的 |
[38:14] | – Why? – I picked a trifecta… | -为什么? -我是押了一个三朵花的赌注 |
[38:16] | …with the California 47th, a sheriff’s race in Arizona and the Tulsa Family Court. | 在加州第四十七区 亚利桑纳州警长、土桑家事法庭 |
[38:20] | – Can I give you the money and…? – You’d be a home-run choice. | -我可以把钱赔给你? -你将会成为家乡最佳的人选 |
[38:23] | You’ll raise a lot of money, and I have a hunch that the president… | 你会募到很多钱 我有预感 |
[38:27] | …who just won a landslide, will be making some visits as well. | 才赢得压倒性胜利的总统 还会亲临访问几次 |
[38:30] | You’ll be the best-funded Democrat ever to run in 47. | 你将是民主党角逐第四十七选区 空前绝后最具优势的参选人 |
[38:34] | You’re not gonna win, so you can’t lose. | 反正不会赢,所以没有输的风险 |
[38:41] | I think you’d energize the state party. | 我认为你将为党在该选区注入活力 |
[38:45] | We’re not gonna let you look like a fool. We won’t allow it. | 我们不会让你像个呆子 我们不允许 |
[38:50] | What do you think? | 你认为如何? |
[38:54] | I don’t think you should do it. | 我不认为你应该去 |
[38:57] | Energizing the state party is good… | 为党注入活力是好事 |
[38:59] | …a well-funded airing of issues is good, so is mollifying House Democrats… | 有经费的议题是不错 也可缓和民主党议员 |
[39:03] | …but you have to ask, is it worth it? You’ll lose. | 但你必不得不问,值得吗? 你会输的 |
[39:06] | Democrats are always gonna lose in the 47th. | 民主党在第四十七选区 总是输 |
[39:09] | You can’t just pick up and try someplace else. They have a name for that. | 你不能挑别的地方试 他们是有输的传统的 |
[39:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:18] | I worked on a state assembly race in Manhattan… | 我曾在曼哈顿帮州议会助选 |
[39:20] | …in a district where Democrats outnumbered Republicans 16 to one. | 那区民主党员对共和党员 是十六比一 |
[39:24] | But everywhere we went, there’d be one poster of a right-wing nut bar… | 但我们去的每个地方 都会有一个拿海报的疯子 |
[39:28] | …who wanted to eliminate income tax. | 他希望减低税率 |
[39:30] | And he was holding up signs and canvassing everywhere… | 他拿着海报到处游说 |
[39:33] | …and bugging the local reporters until we had to comment on it. | 纠缠着当地记者 直到我们不得不出来评论为止 |
[39:37] | So I introduced myself to his campaign manager, and I said: | 我于是去认识他的竞选总干事 我说: |
[39:41] | “What are you doing? | “你在做什么? |
[39:43] | Your candidate doesn’t have a chance and neither do your issues.” | 你的候选人没有机会 你主张的议题也一样” |
[39:47] | He said,”This is what I believe… | 他说“这就是我坚信的信念 |
[39:49] | …and no candidate gets to run in my district without speaking to my issues.” | 候选人必须讨论此议题 才能进入我的选区参选” |
[39:55] | I came this close to voting for him. | 我差点就投给他了 |
[39:58] | So… | 所以 |
[40:00] | …I don’t know about what you just said. | 我不懂你刚刚说的话 |
[40:06] | Then I think you should win. | 那么我想,你应该赢 |
[40:11] | I’m sorry. I’ve finally got Mrs. Wilde on the phone. | 抱歉,终于联络上怀尔德太太了 |
[40:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[40:18] | – All right, what? – All right. | -好什么? -好吧 |
[40:21] | And get Will Bailey on the phone. You think he’s still up? | 联络威尔贝利 你认为他还没睡吗? |
[40:24] | – No problem. – Oh, yeah. | -没问题 -哦,对 |
[40:27] | I’m gonna take this call. | 我要接这通电话 |
[40:30] | We’ll go with you. | 我们跟你去 |
[41:01] | You’re in the Air Force, the private sector, the Labor Department… | 曾任职于空军、私人企业 劳工部 |
[41:05] | …two presidential campaigns and rehab… | 经历两任的总统选举 以及连任 |
[41:07] | …and you think you’ve seen it all, but it turns out you haven’t. | 你以为这已经够精彩了 但还没完 |
[41:10] | Sam Seaborn is gonna be the Democratic candidate… | 山姆希朋将成为民主党 参选 |
[41:13] | …for Congress in Orange County. | 橘郡国会议员的候选人 |
[41:15] | I know. I think it’s terrific, but I would’ve thought you’d be unhappy. | 我知道,我认为这招很厉害 但我以为,你会不高兴 |
[41:20] | – Why? – He’s gonna get crushed… | -为什么? -他将会被痛击 |
[41:22] | …and I wouldn’t think it would reflect well on your boss. | 而且到时候 你老板的面子也挂不住 |
[41:25] | What? | 什么? |
[41:27] | Let me tell you something about process, Dr. Kendall… | 我告诉你一些内幕 坎朵博士 |
[41:30] | …and I’ll do so while tuning this radio… | 而我在说明时 还要把收音机转到 |
[41:34] | …to WNKW,”the music of your life.” | WNKW“生活音乐网” |
[41:40] | And begging the sun for one more moment of moonlight. | 还要请求太阳再恩赐我们 多一点点的浪漫月光 |
[41:45] | Speaking of the moon… | 说到月亮 |
[41:48] | …Luna took power tonight. | 鲁纳今晚赢了这场政变 |
[41:50] | About three dozen people are dead… | 大约三十多人死亡 |
[41:53] | …and lgnacio’s under arrest. | 伊格纳萧被捕 |
[41:55] | He’ll be dead soon. | 他很快也会死的 |
[41:58] | Well… | 是的 |
[42:02] | Luna’s who you wanted. | 鲁纳才是你要的人 |
[42:06] | The process matters more than the outcome, and that’s what we wanted. | 过程比结果更重要 我们要的就是这样 |
[42:14] | And therein endeth the lesson. | 这堂课在此结束了 |
[42:23] | Will you dance with me? | 能和我跳舞吗? |
[42:25] | Yes. | 好 |