时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | You put me in that office and the speechwriting staff is gonna resent me. | 你要我搬进那个办公室 其他撰写人会恨死我的 |
[00:11] | Don’t be ridiculous. It’s a West Wing office. | 别扯了,这是西厢办公室 |
[00:13] | Everyone in the White House will resent you. | 白宫的每一个人都会讨厌你 |
[00:15] | Looks like the junior staffers moved their bicycles here in protest. | 看来基层干部把他们的 脚踏车移到这里以示抗议 |
[00:19] | – Jean Paul, this is Charlie. – How do you do? | -尚保罗,这位是查理 -你好吗? |
[00:21] | Zoey talks about you. She talks about you so much… | 柔伊时常谈到你 她老是谈到你了 |
[00:24] | …I think sometimes I want to kill you. | 有时我真想杀了你 |
[00:26] | You know how I feel about you, but don’t mess me around on this story. | 我想你明白我对你的感情 但不要拿这故事耍我 |
[00:30] | The three guys out front were U.S. Army Rangers. | 那三个人是美军突击队的士兵 |
[00:32] | Danny thinks we somehow got a Gulfstream to land in Bermuda… | 丹尼认为我们的军机 降落在百慕达 |
[00:36] | …and assassinated Shareef. | 要暗杀夏利夫 |
[00:37] | The thing is, I’m absolutely certain that’s what happened. | 事实上,我绝对相信 有这种事 剧名:武力无法解决问题 |
[00:48] | Three years in the Senate, four in the White House… | 三年在参议院 四年在白宫 |
[00:51] | …it’s my first time in the Republican Cloakroom. | 这是我初次进共和党的 国会休息室 |
[00:53] | – What do you think? – You use the same decorator we do. | -你觉得怎样? -你和我们请的是同一位设计师 |
[00:57] | Damn it, Josh, I decorated the room. | 可恶,乔西,这是我设计的 |
[00:59] | Was Benjamin Harrison banned from here? | 班杰明哈理森 是在这里被停权的吗? |
[01:02] | By Senate resolution, because he was lobbying too much. | 根据参议院决议 他进行太多游说活动 |
[01:05] | And Warren Harding’s mistress was impregnated here. | 华伦哈汀的情妇也是在这里受孕的 |
[01:08] | – Prompting another resolution? – No. | -在“推动”别的决议案吗? -不是 |
[01:12] | Is there any chance that Nearing is soft? | 有说服妮尔琳的可能吗? |
[01:16] | – Anything that makes her vote yea? – No. | -有任何让她投赞成票的机会吗? -没有 |
[01:19] | – You sure? – Yeah. Look… | -确定吗? -是的,看 |
[01:21] | – Herman Morton? – You’d have to rewrite the education bill. | -贺曼莫顿呢? -你必须重写教育法案 |
[01:24] | It’s 50-50, Jane. Hoynes has a sleeping bag in there. | 一半一半,珍 何尼斯运作很久了 |
[01:28] | – We need to, you and I… – The senator’s voting no. | -我们需要,你和我 -参议员要投反对票 |
[01:32] | Which senator? | 那一位议员? |
[01:34] | The one we work for. | 我们的老板 |
[01:37] | – What the hell…? – A Liberty Foundation poll… | -搞什么? -自由基金会的民调 |
[01:40] | A Liberty Foundation poll’s about to come out. | 自由基金会的民调快出来了 |
[01:42] | Sixty-eight percent say we spend too much on foreign aid. | 百分之六十八说 我们花太多钱在外交援助上 |
[01:45] | – Fifty-nine percent want aid cut. – These people are responding to… | -百分之五十九希望砍掉外援 -这些人反应 |
[01:49] | They’re responding to being overtaxed and having that money… | 他们反应的是税率太高 用那些钱 |
[01:52] | …sent to Burundi instead of their kid’s school. | 送给蒲隆地 而不是给自己孩子的学校 |
[01:55] | – Now you’re for more education funding? – That’s not the point. | -你们想要更多教育经费吗? -重点不在此 |
[01:58] | Of course it polls badly. The people it’s helping… | 同不同意援外民调当然很差 因为被救济的人 |
[02:01] | …aren’t the ones answering the phones. | 不是回答民调的人 |
[02:03] | Or paying the taxes or voting. | 也不是煤税或投票的人 |
[02:04] | The senator reached this conclusion when the Liberty… | 议员是有跟自由基金会 达成共识的 |
[02:07] | He’s never liked it, and the poll gives him cover with The New York Times people. | 他本来就反对,而民调还让 他接受《纽约时报》的专访 |
[02:13] | When you say”New York Times,” you’re not talking about people who work there. | 当你说《纽约时报》时 你不是指在那里工作的人 |
[02:17] | – No. Look… – You mean, people who can read. | -不,听着 -你是指能阅读的读者大众 |
[02:21] | It’s a quorum call. | 这是法定人数的表决铃 |
[02:24] | I understand what it is. | 我了解那是什么 |
[02:26] | – Come on, Josh… – I think this is crap. | -好了,乔西 -我认为这是废话 |
[02:28] | Your boss has known about this poll… | 你老板早就知道 这个民调 |
[02:31] | …and he’s embarrassing the president… | 他是要让总统难堪 |
[02:33] | …because he spent too much time with the other guy. | 因为他跟另外一个人走太近 |
[02:36] | We begged you to keep out of Colorado. | 我们请求你不要让总统 花太多时间在科罗拉多州 |
[02:38] | On the first vote out of the box. | 那是初选时 |
[02:39] | Bartlet had Colorado from the convention. He went there five times. | 巴特勒在代表大会时就取得科罗拉多 之后他还到那里五次 |
[02:43] | President Bartlet. | 请尊称巴特勒总统 |
[02:46] | You’re one vote down on foreign aid. | 你才是不让外交援助 通过的人 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[03:43] | – The curse of every daughter’s father. – Boyfriends? | -这是每个有女儿的父亲的诅咒 -她的男朋友吗? |
[03:46] | – I don’t like them at all. – Yes, I know, sir. | -我一点也不喜欢他们 -是的,我知道,先生 |
[03:48] | What the hell happened with you two? It was perfect. | 你们两个怎么了? 你们原来很棒的 |
[03:51] | – I just kept you in the office. – She was unhappy I was at the office. | -我只是常把你留在办公室 -她不高兴我常在办公室 |
[03:54] | That’s the point. If I was trying to make her happy, I’d buy her a Cabriolet. | 我告诉你,如果我要取悦她 我会送给她一部敞篷车 |
[03:58] | C-Jean, stable economies with free-flowing uranium… | 茜洁,稳定的经济和 源源不绝的铀 |
[04:01] | …don’t make for a stable world community. Did I make that point? | 不会制造出稳定的地球村 我有这种论点吗? |
[04:04] | – Is there a cow on my schedule today? – Heifer International. Don’t worry. | -我今天有个乳牛的行程吗? -是国际小牝牛日,不要担心 |
[04:08] | A cow. I shouldn’t worry about it. | 和一只乳牛见面 我何需担心 |
[04:10] | It’s a photo-op with a cow, not a sit-down. | 只是跟牛一起拍新闻照 不是深度会谈 |
[04:12] | – I like your sass. – You’ve got a very nice sass yourself. | -我喜欢你顶嘴的风格 -你自己顶嘴的风格也不赖 |
[04:15] | – What, you touring? – I could. | -干么,你在当导游吗? -很像 |
[04:17] | Eagle’s in daylight. | 老鹰的防护启动了 |
[04:19] | – I’m all right? On time? – Yes, sir. | -我还可以吗?准时吗? -是的,先生 制片:尼尔海恩二世 |
[04:28] | How you doing? Good to see you. | 大家好吗?很高兴见到大家 |
[04:32] | Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. | 制片:保罗瑞福 谢谢、谢谢、谢谢大家 |
[04:36] | – Thank you very much. Thank you. – Shake my hand, please. | -非常感谢,谢谢大家 -握我的手,求求你 |
[04:39] | Thank you. Thank you. Good to see you. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 谢谢、谢谢大家、幸会 |
[04:43] | – How are you? – President Bartlet. | -你好吗? -巴特勒总统 |
[04:46] | – Thank you. – You’re doing a great job. | -谢谢大家 -你做得很好 |
[04:48] | – Thank you very much. – Please. Please look at that. | -非常谢谢你 -请,请看这个 |
[04:51] | – You can hand that to the president. – I’m not looking for an autograph. | -请你直接交给总统 -我不是要他的签名 |
[04:56] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的,女士 |
[05:00] | – Yeah. – We’re a vote down. | -是的 -我们少一票了 |
[05:02] | -What happened? – Colorado happened. | -发生什么事? -科罗拉多 |
[05:04] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[05:07] | – How are you? – Mr. President, we have to go. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 -你好吗? -总统先生,我们必须离开 |
[05:09] | Okay, we’re coming back. | 好的,我们回去 |
[05:11] | This is a push poll. | 这是批评专用的假民调 |
[05:13] | Sixty-eight percent think we spend too much. | 编剧:艾伦索金 艾莉亚提、凯文佛尔斯 |
[05:15] | – 59 percent think it should be cut. – This is a push poll. | 百分之六十八的人认为我们花太多钱 -五十九认为应该删减 -这是个假民调 |
[05:18] | Respondents estimate foreign aid to be 15% of the budget. | 受访者估计外交援助 占总预算的百分之十五 |
[05:21] | It’s 1 percent, or it was a half-hour ago. | 或是半小时之前的百分之一 |
[05:24] | Listen.”The money that goes into foreign aid… | 导演:比尔德里亚 听着, “外交援助的金钱 |
[05:26] | …could be used to reduce the tax burden at home. Do you support that?” | 能用来减少家里的税捐负担 你支持吗?” |
[05:30] | – That’s not a push poll? – Come here. | -能说这不是假民调吗? -过来 |
[05:32] | I lose this vote, I’m resigning. | 我输掉这个法案,我会辞职 |
[05:42] | – Will they postpone again? – Not after two continuing resolutions. | -他们会再延期吗? -两次临时决议后不会延了 |
[05:46] | – This expires at midnight. – Is that our problem? | -今天午夜就到期 -这是我们的问题吗? |
[05:48] | It massively is, yes. | 绝大多数是的 |
[05:51] | What about Grace Hardin? | 葛瑞丝哈汀如何? |
[05:53] | I thought of her. Can she say no to the president? | 我想过她 她会拒绝总统吗? |
[05:55] | – She will. – She’s publicly against it, local politics. | -她会的 -她公开的反对,地方派系型的议员 |
[05:58] | – Foreign aid in Georgia? – She’s a Democrat. | -乔治亚的外交援助民调呢? -她是民主党员 |
[06:01] | She owes the president. Nothing wrong with Georgia that New England can’t fix. | 她亏欠总统,在新英格兰选区 没什么好反对乔治亚 |
[06:04] | – If it’s no, it’s gotta be a fast no. – It’s not gonna be no. | -如果没过,一定很快 -不会没过的 |
[06:08] | Put the senior senator from Colorado in the nay column. | 把科罗拉多州的资深议员 放进反对的栏位 |
[06:10] | Move Grace Hardin to undecided and start the clock. | 把葛瑞丝哈汀移到未决定 并开始计时 |
[06:18] | I hate that clock. | 我痛恨那时钟 |
[06:20] | Excuse me, Josh. | 抱歉,乔西 |
[06:22] | – Yeah, you’re Bill Bailey, right? – Will Bailey, yeah. | -你是比尔贝利吗? -威尔贝利,是的 |
[06:25] | – I’m surprised we haven’t met. – You’re busy. | -我很讶异我们还没见过 -你很忙 |
[06:27] | We talked on the phone. | 我们在电话上交谈过 |
[06:29] | You get a workout talking to someone in this building. | 你很擅长在这里 进行边走边谈的对话 |
[06:32] | – I’ve heard the jokes. What do you need? – I’m with Toby on the inauguration. | -我听过这笑话,你要什么? -我和托比在准备就职演说 |
[06:36] | I know who you are. What do you need? | 我知道你是谁 你需要什么? |
[06:38] | I’m in a legislative section talking about bipartisan cooperation… | 我正在做立法部分的演说 是关于两党合作 |
[06:42] | …and because it was legislative, Toby wanted you involved. | 因为是立法的 托比希望你的参与 |
[06:45] | You picked the wrong day to write about bipartisan cooperation. | 你挑错日子写两党合作 |
[06:48] | Sixty-eight percent of respondents think we hand out too much in foreign aid. | 百分之六十八的受访者 认为我们的外交援助太多 |
[06:52] | Fifty-nine percent think it should be cut. | 百分之五十九认为应该删减 |
[06:55] | Were you talking to me just then? | 你刚刚是在跟我说话吗? |
[07:00] | – Read me what you got so far. -“The people, in their enduring wisdom… | -把目前你所写的念给我听 -“人民,用他们恒久的智慧 |
[07:04] | …have put in office a chief executive of one party and a Congress of another. | 为一政党任命一行政首长 为国会任命另一个首长 |
[07:08] | – It’s our duty to respect…” – Strike”in their enduring wisdom.” | -我们的义务是尊敬” -删除“用他们恒久的智慧” |
[07:12] | Electing a reactionary Congress and a progressive president was wise? | 选出一个保守派的国会 和改革派的总统是聪明的吗? |
[07:15] | The people, in a fog of uncertainty… | 人民,在不确定的迷雾中 |
[07:19] | …unsure of the difference, split tickets across the country. | 对其差异性无法确知 选票在全国分裂 |
[07:22] | Well, I agree, but I think Toby would say that lacks poetry. | 我同意,但我认为托比 会觉得缺少押� |
[07:26] | Sixty-eight percent says too much. Fifty-nine percent wanna see it cut. | 百分之六十八说太多 百分之五十九希望删减 |
[07:31] | You know, there’s plenty of work I can do in the meantime. I’ll find you later. | 我目前手头上有很多其他工作 我待会再找你谈 |
[07:39] | – Hey, Ted. – Will. | -嘿,泰德 -我是威尔 |
[07:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:44] | – I need Senator Hardin. – Leo’s office called over, and we’re on it. | -我要找哈汀议员 -里奥的人在打电话,努力当中 |
[07:47] | Good. | 很好 |
[07:49] | – Are you gonna try Cantina? – We’re gonna try everybody… | -你要试坎堤纳吗? -我们要试每一个人 |
[07:53] | …but Cantina’s never voted to send any money anywhere. | 但坎堤纳从未投票同意过 送钱到任何地方 |
[07:56] | – I think he’s against airmail stamps. – What about McKenna? | -我想他连寄出国的邮票都反对 -麦肯纳如何? |
[07:59] | He needs Republican votes on broadband access. | 他需要共和党的选票支持 宽频政策 |
[08:02] | And you think you’re gonna have luck with Grace Hardin? | 你认为葛瑞丝哈汀 会有希望吗? |
[08:06] | She’s a freshman Democrat. She can’t say no to the president. | 她是新任民主党员 她不会拒绝总统 |
[08:09] | Have you seen how foreign aid polls in Georgia? | 你看过乔治亚州 外交援助的民调了吗? |
[08:12] | There’s a hockey coach who’s got a player squandering his potential. | 有位曲棍球教练 有个浪费潜力的选手 |
[08:16] | Coach says, “Are you ignorant or apathetic?” | 教练说 “你是没脑袋还是没兴趣?” |
[08:18] | The player says, “I don’t know, and I don’t care.” | 选手说: “我不知道,我不在乎” |
[08:21] | Yeah, I’ve seen how foreign aid polls in Georgia. | 是的,我看过乔治亚州的 外交援助民调 |
[08:23] | Grace might be tough to get to the phone. | 要联络到葛瑞丝也许很难 |
[08:26] | – We’ve been here before. – Tell me about it. | -我们遇过这种事情 -你说得好 |
[08:29] | You had two strategies shouted down. You can’t take the fall. | 你的两个案子没过 你无法承担失败 |
[08:32] | My job is to execute the plays Leo calls. | 我的工作是执行里奥的计划 |
[08:34] | Were you serious before about resigning? | 你说辞职是认真的吗? |
[08:39] | Are we looking for Hardin?! | 我们有在找哈汀吗? |
[08:42] | They’re on it. | 他们在联络了 |
[08:47] | This pile goes to Personal Correspondence for special handling. | 这堆属于特别处理的 私人信件 |
[08:52] | These go to Main Correspondence. | 这些属于主要信件 |
[08:55] | So, Charlie, what it is you do is, you sort the mail for Zoey’s father. | 查理,所以你的工作 是替柔依的父亲做信件分类 |
[09:00] | Yeah, I guess. | 是的,我想是的 |
[09:02] | You don’t like me, because I’m with Zoey. | 你不喜欢我 因为我和柔依在一起 |
[09:04] | – Jean Paul, I’m kind of working here. – Oh, I understand. | -尚保罗,我现在有任务在身 -啊,我了解 |
[09:07] | – There’s a great deal of mail to sort. – Also classified intelligence cables. | -我有一大堆的信件要分类 -还有情报局的电报 |
[09:11] | And a meeting to break up between a president and a king, so… | 还要设法打断总统 与一个国王的会面,所以 |
[09:15] | Stacy, that big, blue envelope, where is it going? | 史黛西,有个很大的 蓝色信封在哪里? |
[09:17] | General Correspondence. A servicewoman talking about food stamps. | 一般信件 一位女军官谈到鲁票 |
[09:21] | – She was in the service? – You know her? | -她在军中吗? -你认识她吗? |
[09:23] | No. Okay. No. You know what? Leave it here. Let me read it. | 不,好,不,你知道吗? 放在这里就好,我会看 |
[09:36] | Will the White House delay the vote? | 白宫会把投票延期吗? |
[09:38] | Like I said, the continuing resolution expires at midnight. | 正如我说的,延长决议案 在今天午夜截止 |
[09:41] | If Congress doesn’t act, no foreign aid. | 若国会没有过关 就没有外交援助 |
[09:43] | What’s your reaction to Mosley saying,”We throw money… | 莫斯利说 “我们把钱浪费在 |
[09:46] | …at problems halfway around the world.” | 遥远异地”的问题 你们对此有何反应? |
[09:48] | President wishes the Republican leader would throw money at problems here… | 总统希望共和党领导人 能把钱丢在这里 |
[09:52] | …but doesn’t wish that the U.S. retreat as a world leader. | 但他不希望美国退出 世界领袖的地位 |
[09:56] | Foreign aid’s been cut 50º% º in the last decade. | 过去十年外交援助 已经缩减百分之五十 |
[09:58] | In percentage of GNP spent, we rank dead last. Mark. | 在GNP支出百分比上 我们排行最后,马克 |
[10:03] | Was it a bad idea to make the first bill such a controversial one? | 当选后的第一个法案就如此具争议性 是不是不太好? |
[10:06] | The president doesn’t believe that should be taken into consideration. Steve. | 总统不认为这种事有争议性 史堤夫 |
[10:11] | A Democratic senator says that if this goes down, it’ll stall momentum… | 一位民主党议员说此案若被否决 则会压下胜选的力道 |
[10:15] | We’re not responding to a blind quote, we just assume you made it up. | 我们不回应没有根据的说法 我们假设这是你编造的 |
[10:18] | – I’m not kidding. Thank you. – Thank you, C.J. | -我不是开玩笑,谢谢各位 -谢谢你,茜洁 |
[10:22] | Danny, come back to the office for a second. | 丹尼,到我办公室一会儿 |
[10:28] | What’d the president say about Mosley’s”halfway around the world”? | 总统对莫斯利所说 “遥远的异域”有何反应? |
[10:32] | – He said,”What a tool.” – I figured. | -他说“好强的力道” -我想也是 |
[10:34] | You can say several senior administration officials say the White House will… | 你可以说几位 资深行政人员说 |
[10:38] | …have a good memory when the transportation bill comes up. | 等交通法案提出时 白宫就会得到肯定 |
[10:41] | You don’t mind blind quotes when they’re from you. | 你不在意他们编出 没有根据的说词 |
[10:44] | Okay. So I’ll walk your threat around for you, but… | 好,我会为你抚平临近的威胁 但 |
[10:50] | – Yes? – The pilot on Shareef’s Gulfstream. | -是? -夏利夫飞机上的飞行员 |
[10:53] | – What do you think I’m gonna say? – His name was Jamil Bari. | -你认为我会说什么呢? -他的名字是杰米尔巴瑞 |
[10:56] | The first thing you wanna do is find out if Jamil Bari… | 你会做的第一件事 是找出杰米尔巴瑞 |
[10:59] | …had any history of pilot error to see if that contributed to the crash. | 有任何飞行过失的纪录 再设法归入坠机的原因 |
[11:04] | So my new assistant, Maisy, she found out that Jamil Bari… | 所以我的新助理梅西发现 她先发现杰米尔巴瑞 |
[11:08] | …got a certificate of qualification on the Gulfstream in 1994. | 在一九九四年荣获 军机驾驶资格的证书 |
[11:13] | – Was that it? – Yeah, that’s it. | -就是这样吗? -是的,就这个 |
[11:15] | That’s all we’ve been able to find out. | 这是我们眼前能找到的 |
[11:17] | We’ve been checking aviation schools, and we can’t find him. | 我们查过飞行学校 但找不到他的资料 |
[11:21] | There are a lot of schools. We’ll check them all. | 全国有很多学校 我们会一一调查 |
[11:23] | – Sooner or later, you’ll find him? – Sure. | -你早晚会找到他的? -当然 |
[11:25] | You know, I gotta tell you, your tie goes with your shirt, and your jacket… | 我要告诉你,你的领带很配衬衫 你的夹克 |
[11:30] | You’re dating a college graduate, aren’t you? | 你跟一个大学毕业生 在交往吗? |
[11:34] | Maisy ain’t never gonna find him, C.J. | 梅西永远找不到他的 茜洁 |
[11:37] | Jamil Bari is an invented identity for someone. It has to be. | 杰米尔巴瑞西是捏造的身分 一定是的 |
[11:40] | For this thing to have worked, the pilot had to be one of our guys. | 这种事要能成功 飞行员一定是我们这边的人 |
[11:44] | Yeah, I just meant it was a nice tie. | 哦,我只是指这条领带不错 |
[11:47] | – I’ll be around all day for the vote. – Okay. | -我会因投票的事整天待在这里 -好的 |
[11:56] | What’s up there, Gail? | 真相是什么? |
[12:03] | Somebody talking to the Dirksen office? | 有人和迪克森办公室 谈过吗? |
[12:05] | – She’s at the campaign office. – Campaign office says she’s at district. | 有人和迪克森办公室 谈过吗? -她在竞选办公室 -他们说她选区那边 |
[12:07] | – District office is in Atlanta. – That’s where she is. | -选区办公室是在亚特兰大 -她就在那里 |
[12:10] | – District office? – Says she’s on her way back. | -选区办公室? -说她正在回来途中 |
[12:13] | It’s a commercial flight? | 是搭民航机吗? |
[12:16] | An hour and a half, we can’t find a U.S. senator? | 花了一个半小时 找不到一个美国参议员 |
[12:18] | She doesn’t want the call. She’s on her way back here. | 她不想接电话 她在回这里的路上 |
[12:21] | – She’ll disappear till the vote. – Your job is to take this, find her… | -直到投票前她不可能现身 -你的工作就是找到她 |
[12:25] | …and stick it in her hand. Make big plays. | 然后把这个放在她手中 今天要好好的表现一下 |
[12:27] | Donna, Delta flight 15 lands at National in 35 minutes. | 唐娜,达美航空十五班机 三十五分钟后降落 |
[12:35] | We live in an interdependent world, and we should act like it. | 我们住在一个互相依存的世界 我们本该互助 |
[12:39] | We live in a global community, and we should sustain it. | 我们住在一个地球村里面 我们本该维护 |
[12:42] | We should cross borders. | 我们应该跨越国界 |
[12:44] | We should cross borders to build sustainable democracies… | 我们应该跨越国界 我们应该跨越国界 建立永存的民主 |
[12:47] | …that can banish privation and fear. | 使贫穷与恐惧远离 |
[12:50] | And we should cross borders to bring food and medicine and roads… | 我们应跨越国界 带着食物、医疗以及道路 |
[12:54] | …and schools and teachers to parts of the world forgotten by all but warlords. | 和学校、老师到世上 那些被人遗忘只有战乱的地方 |
[12:59] | We’re gonna pass this foreign-ops bill. | 我们必须通过 这个外交行动法案 |
[13:02] | This should be a century of hope and prosperity everywhere. | 这个世纪应该是充满希望和繁荣 |
[13:06] | And America’s gonna lead the world and not just bully it. Thank you. | 美国将领导世界,而不只是充老大 谢谢大家 |
[13:35] | – What the hell is going on? – That was great. | -搞什么呢? -演说很棒 |
[13:38] | Hey, thanks, Peach Patch. What the hell is going on? | 嘿,谢谢,小美人 搞什么呢? |
[13:40] | Hardin’s a yes if we can get her on the phone. | 我们若能联络上哈汀 她会投赞成票的 |
[13:43] | Which is why we can’t get her? | 所以我们才联络不到她? |
[13:44] | She’s been a little slippery, but this is where Josh eats. | 所以我们才联络不到她? 她有点狡猾 但乔西能应付 |
[13:47] | We have many, many backup plans in the works? | 我们有很多备用方案吗? |
[13:50] | Josh has broken people into teams, and they’re developing… | 乔西已将工作人员分组 他们正在拟定 |
[13:53] | …and executing rapid-response backup plans? | 以及执行一套 即时反应的备用方案? |
[13:55] | Yeah, okay. Toby, we should probably have a backup plan. | 是,很好,托比 我们应该有个备用方案 |
[13:58] | – Oh, my God. – A split second of humor… | -我的天啊 -把一分钟的幽默 |
[14:00] | …injected in the middle of a stressful day. | 注入充满压力的一天 |
[14:03] | We’re talking about the act of a friend. | 我是以一个朋友的立场跟你说 |
[14:05] | My daughter’s dating a kid better-looking than my wife. | 我女儿和一个比我老婆还漂亮的 孩子在交往 |
[14:08] | I have only so much RAM to give over to… C.J.! | 我只有这么点大的暂存记忆体 考虑到茜洁! |
[14:10] | – Yes. – Sorry, but again, there’s a cow? | -是 -抱歉,我再问你,是乳牛吗? |
[14:13] | – A photo-op with a cow. – Yeah, I got that part. | -与跟乳牛的宣传照 -对,我知道 |
[14:15] | Heifer International. They give cows to families in developing nations. | 国际小牝牛组织,他们把牛 送给开发中国家的贫穷家 |
[14:19] | And that’s great, but a picture of me and a cow. You’re okay with that art? | 很好,但是我和一头牛的合照 你认同这样的艺术吗? |
[14:23] | I have my concerns. | 我有我的考量 |
[14:24] | – Why did you agree to it? – It’s an organization certainly worthy… | 我有我的考量 -为何你会答应? -这是一个值得推广的组织 |
[14:28] | – Abbey set it up? – I’ll figure a way to make it work. | -是艾比设计的吗? -我会想办法拍得很好的 |
[14:30] | Good luck. Turn around casually and tell me… | 祝你好运 自然的回头看看,然后 |
[14:33] | …if Le Vicomte de Valvert’s got his hands near anyone who’s related to me. | 如果尚保罗把他的手 放在我亲人的身上,就告诉我 |
[14:38] | – That is a good-looking young man. – Zoey! | -他是一个漂亮的年轻人 -柔依! |
[14:41] | – I don’t respond when you shout. – You’d respond if I stopped feeding you! | -当你大声喊叫,我就不回应 -等我不喂你时,你就会回应! |
[14:45] | – Ignore him. – Oh, yes, I do. | -不要管他 -是,我会的 |
[14:48] | This envelope that interests you, it was what? | 那个引起你兴趣的信封 是什么? |
[14:50] | – What envelope? – A woman on a rope line this morning. | -什么信封? -今天早上在封锁线的女人 |
[14:53] | An Army private. Her family’s on food stamps. | 是一个军中士兵 她的家庭依赖鲁票 |
[14:55] | – An American soldier on food stamps? – It’s a big family. | -美国军人依赖鲁票吗? -那是个大家庭 |
[14:58] | – You read this letter as if it was special. – She handed it right to me. | -你似乎很看重这封信件 -她是直接拿给我 |
[15:02] | And after you read it, you just throw it on the pile. | 可是你读完后就放进一堆东西里 |
[15:04] | – Yes. – So this woman, she sees you… | -是的 -所以这位女士,她视你为 |
[15:07] | …next to Zoey’s father, and she doesn’t know that you’re powerless to help. | 柔依父亲旁的亲信 她不知道你没有能力帮忙 |
[15:11] | I’m not powerless. | 我不是没有能力 |
[15:12] | I called the DoD and asked them to give special notice to her letter. | 我不是没有能力 我有打电话给国防部 请他们特别关注这封信 |
[15:16] | – Charlie. – Yes, sir. | -查理 -是,先生 |
[15:18] | Give me that blue envelope back. I gotta call the DoD. | 把那个蓝色信封拿给我 我要打电话给国防部 |
[15:23] | Who writes this handholding crap for the president anyhow? | 是谁给总统写那一大堆废话的? |
[15:26] | Free food and the gentle lady from Tennessee. | 免费的鲁食 以及一位田纳西州的女士 |
[15:28] | The food wasn’t free, and is the president comfortable… | 鲁食不是免费的 总统能说 |
[15:31] | …defining 50 years of security policy as bullying? | 五十年来的安全政策 是在充老大吗? |
[15:34] | He wasn’t talking about the last half-century. | 他不是在谈前半个世纪的事情 |
[15:36] | What happened to politics stopping at the water’s edge? | 那些临时叫停的政策 又都是些什么下场呢? |
[15:39] | – Food’s apolitical. – At 10:30 tonight, it ain’t. | -食物与政治无关 -在今晚十点三十分就有关 |
[15:42] | You guys are gonna have a bit of a time getting Gracie Hardin on the phone. | 你们只剩一点时间 联络葛瑞丝哈汀 |
[15:46] | Jimmy, you wanna tell me something I don’t know? | 吉米,你想跟我说什么 我不知道的事吗? |
[15:49] | I got a yea vote for you. | 我替你拿到一张赞成票 |
[15:51] | – Whose? – Mine. Can I be in your office in an hour? | -谁的? -我的,我一小时后能去找你吗? |
[15:55] | – Can you be there in half an hour? – No. | -你能在半小时之内到吗? -不能 |
[15:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[16:06] | They phoned ahead and said you wanted this back. | 他们打电话来 说你想要回这个 |
[16:08] | Yeah. Thanks. | 是的,谢谢 |
[16:28] | -Good afternoon, the Pentagon. – Sergeant Major Moreland, please. | -午安,五角大厦 -请接莫蓝上尉 |
[16:32] | Just a moment. | 请稍等 |
[16:36] | Secretary’s office. | 部长办公室 |
[16:38] | This is Charlie Young from the office of the president. | 部长办公室 我是总统办公室的查理杨 |
[16:41] | Please hold. | 请稍候 |
[16:44] | Yes, this is Colonel Wolf. | 是的,我是沃夫上校 |
[16:46] | Oh, no, I was calling for Sergeant Moreland. | 不,我是要找莫蓝上尉 |
[16:48] | -Yes, Mr. Young, how can I help you? – No, sir, I wouldn’t want to impose. | -是,杨先生,有什么事吗? -不,我不是在耍特权 |
[16:52] | – I play basketball with Barry Moreland. -Sergeant Moreland works for me. | -我和贝瑞莫蓝一起打篮球 -莫蓝上尉是我的属下 |
[16:56] | How can I help the president? | 总统有什么需要我效劳的? |
[16:59] | Well, no, it’s not… | 不,哦,不是 |
[17:04] | On a rope line, I was handed a letter from an enlisted woman… | 在封锁线上,有位服役的女士 交给我一封信 |
[17:08] | …whose family is eligible for food stamps. | 她的家庭应有资格使用鲁票 |
[17:11] | I was wondering whose eyes I could put it in front of. | 我只是不晓得这案子应该交给谁 |
[17:13] | -Mine. You’ll send it today? – Thank you. Yes, sir. | -我,你今天会寄来吗? -谢谢你,是,先生 |
[17:36] | You can’t find Grace Hardin? | 你还找不到葛瑞丝哈汀吗? |
[17:38] | We’re at the airport, we’re at Dirksen, we’re at her house, her gym. | 我们找过机场、我们到迪克森 她家、健身中心 |
[17:42] | We’re at her Senate office, second office. | 我们到了她的国会办公室 第二办公室 |
[17:44] | We’re at her lawyer’s office, we’re at her husband’s office. | 她律师的办公室 她先生的办公室 |
[17:47] | – I know you’re up against it. – Legislative section. | -我知道你反对 -立法部份 |
[17:50] | I cut”enduring wisdom.” “The American people have spoken. | 我删掉“恒久的智慧” “美国人民已发出声音 |
[17:53] | They have chosen a president of one party and a Congress of another.” | 他们已经选择一个政党的总统 以及另一政党的国会” |
[17:57] | You say that like constitutional scholars made a conscious choice… | 你说得像宪法学家 做出一个重大的决定 |
[18:01] | …weighing checks and balances… – They did make a choice. | -权量制衡 -大家的确做出选择 |
[18:04] | In their defense, a lot of people have a hard time seeing the difference. | 我得为他们辩护,很多人 根本看不出有什么不同 |
[18:08] | Are any of those people in this room? | 辩方有人在这房间吗? |
[18:11] | No. | 没有 |
[18:12] | One wants to save Social Security, the other wants to privatize it. | 没有 一方希望拯救社会福址 一方希望私有化 |
[18:17] | One wants to make polluters pay to clean up pollution… | 一方希望污染者付费 清除社会的污染 |
[18:20] | …the other wants to give tax breaks so they can pollute more. | 另一方希望能抵税 以便制造更多污染 |
[18:23] | – One wants to send aid to countries… – Okay. | -一方希望支援他国 -好 |
[18:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:29] | Cantina voted no on U.N. dues, no on Kosovo peacekeeping. | 坎堤纳对联合国经费投反对票 对科索沃和平案也投反对票 |
[18:32] | – He’s just gonna burn time. – No kidding. | -他只是要拖时间 -说得没错 |
[18:40] | – Toby? – Yeah. | -托比? -是 |
[18:45] | – Hoebuck? – He came to me. | -何巴克? -他来找过我 |
[18:47] | He authored a bill to insert the word”God”… | 他写出一个法案 “上帝”这字眼 |
[18:51] | …into the Pledge of Allegiance four more times. | 在效忠誓词里出现四次 |
[18:54] | Yeah. Well, once you’ve broken that dam, what the hell does it matter? | 对,只要能打破障碍 方法就无所谓了 |
[19:05] | – Here’s what I want for my vote. – Yeah. | -这是我的票要交换的 -是的 |
[19:07] | – A hundred and fifteen thousand. – Million. | -十一万五千 -十一亿? |
[19:10] | – I’m sorry? – You said 115,000. You meant million. | -什么? -你是指亿吧 |
[19:14] | I appreciate that Democrats know how to read my mind, but I meant 115,000. | 我感激民主党能看穿我思绪 我是指十一万五千 |
[19:19] | – For what? – I want to pay people to pray. | -为了什么? -我希望能让人民祷告 |
[19:23] | – Out of the federal budget? – Yeah. | -从联邦预算支付吗? -是的 |
[19:26] | And this woman leads a world-class team of psychiatrists? | 这位女士会带领一支世界级 精神科医生医疗团队? |
[19:30] | Not exactly, but you’re awfully close. | 不全然,但你说的很接近 |
[19:33] | This is Dr. Gwendolyn Chen, she’s chief cardiologist at Duke Medical Center. | 这位是陈医生,杜克医学中心 的首席心脏科医生 |
[19:39] | Have you heard of intercessory prayer or remote prayer? | 你听过改变生命代祷 或是远距祈祷吗? |
[19:42] | This is where you draw up a list of sinners and… | 就是写一长串“罪人”的名单然后 |
[19:45] | People pray for you even though you’re not aware of it. | 人们会为你祈祷 不管你是否察觉 |
[19:48] | Yeah, C.J. got spammed with that a few months ago. | 是的,茜洁几个月前也有接收到 这类的垃圾邮件 |
[19:51] | Was that before or after her agent got shot at a fruit stand? | 那是在她的属下 在水果摊被射杀之前或之后? |
[19:57] | Do you wanna make a rim-shot out of an agent getting dead? | 你想运用一个安全人员之死 来敲边鼓吗? |
[20:00] | Do you really wanna refer to people’s prayers as spam? | 你非得把人们的祈祷 视为垃圾吗? |
[20:05] | – Dr. Chen, what are you doing here? – Go ahead, please. | -陈医生,你来这里做什么? -请说 |
[20:08] | We completed a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. | 我们完成一个 双盲式祈祷控制的研究 |
[20:11] | – This isn’t happening. – I’ll point out that Duke… | -这是不可能的 -我要指出杜克中心 |
[20:14] | …is nonsectarian and Dr. Chen is agnostic. | 是无宗派的 而陈医生是包容各教派的人 |
[20:16] | A thousand heart patients were split into two groups. | 一千名心脏病患者分成两组 |
[20:19] | Half were prayed for by volunteers, the other half weren’t. | 一组由志工祷告 另一组则没有 |
[20:22] | The patients that were prayed for… I know it sounds crazy… | 被祈祷的患者 我知道听起来很疯狂 |
[20:26] | …but the patients that were prayed for, 11 º% º fewer heart attacks and strokes. | 但是被祈祷的患者百分之十一 较不会病发心脏病或中风 |
[20:30] | Pacific College of Medicine, Mid America Heart Institute and 12 other studies. | 太平洋医学院,中美洲心脏中心 和十二个其他的研究 |
[20:34] | Published in The New England Journal of Medicine? | 发表在 《新英格兰医学期刊》吗? |
[20:37] | A hundred and fifteen thousand for a wider study. This one by the NIH. | 十一万五千元是为更广泛的研究 这是由全国卫生研究所操作的 |
[20:40] | 115,000 in exchange for a $ 17 billion foreign-aid bill. That’s all. | 十一万五千交换一百七十亿 外交援助,就是这样 |
[20:47] | Dr. Chen? | 陈医生? |
[20:51] | – It was nice meeting you. – Dr. Chen. | -很高兴和你见面 -陈医生 |
[21:02] | Passengers of Delta flight 378 from Atlanta… | 从亚特兰大搭乘达美航空 378班机的旅客 |
[21:04] | … proceed to baggage claim area three located on level one of Terminal B. | 请往B航站的一楼的三号提领站 提领您的行李 |
[21:26] | Ellen? | 艾琳? |
[21:28] | – Ellen? – Hey, Donna. | -艾琳? -嘿,唐娜 |
[21:29] | – Where’s the senator? – What? | -艾琳? -嘿,唐娜 -议员在哪里? -什么? |
[21:31] | The district office said she was on Delta 15. She wasn’t. | 选区办公室说她搭乘 达美十五号班机,但没有 |
[21:35] | She came in this morning. We were just cleaning up things at the home store. | 她今天早上有进来 我们忙着在整理掉一些东西 |
[21:39] | I’m trying to arrange a call to Senator Hardin from the president. | 我设法要安排 哈汀议员和总统通话 |
[21:42] | As soon as I track her down, we’ll set it up. | 只要我追踪到她 我们会安排的 |
[21:45] | – I appreciate that. – Okay, I’ll see you. | -我很感激 -好的,那再见 |
[21:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:03] | Sir? Excuse me. My name is Donna, and if you look at me… | 先生?抱歉,我是唐娜 如果你仔细看我 |
[22:06] | …you’ll know that I’m not gonna steal from you. | 你就会了解 我不是要偷你的东西 |
[22:09] | – Can I borrow that envelope? – Yeah. It’s nothing, but here. | -我能借那个信封吗? -可以,没什么,不过 |
[22:14] | – Excuse me, is it Rick? – Jason. | -抱歉,你是瑞克吗? -杰森 |
[22:16] | I’m new. This needs to get to the senator. Are you going with Dirksen? | 我是新来的,这要交给议员的 你要跟迪克森一起去吗? |
[22:21] | The senator’s at the Women in Media luncheon. | 议员此刻在参加 媒体女性的聚餐 |
[22:23] | Right. Stupid, stupid. Thank you. | 是的,真是笨,谢谢你 |
[22:31] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[22:47] | Well, first of all, that’s not a cow. | 嗯,首先,这不是一头乳牛 |
[22:51] | It’s not. It’s a goat. | 不是,这是山羊 |
[22:55] | Yeah, I may have agreed to something about a goat. | 是,我也许会同意羊 |
[22:58] | Did the first lady get you drunk and take you shopping? | 第一夫人是把先你灌醉 再带你去逛街吗? |
[23:02] | Yes. The name of the group is Heifer International. | 是的,团体的名称是 国际小牝牛组织 |
[23:06] | I was under the impression it was gonna be a cow. | 我以为会用牛 |
[23:09] | – Lending presidential aura to the photo. – What we’re gonna do is… | -借总统的灵气在照片上 -我们必须 |
[23:12] | …we’re gonna wait until after the vote. | 我们必须等国会投票结束后 |
[23:15] | If we don’t win, it’d be a mistake for this to run. | 如果我们输了 这也会成为一个错误 |
[23:18] | – How big a mistake? – My job would’ve hung in the balance. | -多大的错误? -我的职责就会受到质疑 |
[23:21] | – In the balance? – Goats are heifers too? | -质疑? -羊跟小牝牛有什么关系? |
[23:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:25] | If the president’s wearing a hat or that thing’s wearing a Bartlet button… | 我不知道 如果总统戴一顶帽子 或那个东东戴着巴特勒的徽章 |
[23:29] | …I’m hiding snakes in your car. – Don’t say that, even to joke. | -我就要在你的车里藏条蛇 -别那么说,即使是笑话也不行 |
[23:33] | You’re never gonna know where they are or if you got them all out. | 你是无法知道他在哪里 也无法捉出来 |
[23:36] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[23:38] | They’re gonna lay their eggs right in the glove compartment. | 他们还会在置物箱下蛋 |
[23:45] | So this is gonna be a little while. Can you wait? | 会花点时间 你能等等吗? |
[23:48] | Well, Ron doesn’t do that well in the cold. | 荣恩不太适应寒冷的天气 |
[23:51] | – Are you Ron? – I’m Mike. | -你是荣恩吗? -我是麦克 |
[23:53] | – Of course. We’ll find a room for him. – I have oats in the truck. | -你是荣恩吗? -我是麦克 -当然,我们会替他找间空房 -我的卡车上有�P麦 |
[23:58] | Well, you should bring the oats because the mess closes at 6. | 那你该带�P麦进来 因为食堂六点关闭 |
[24:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:10] | This was delivered to my desk, but it’s for you. | 这东西送到我的桌上 但这是给你的 |
[24:12] | A memo your office ordered from the Pentagon. | 是你的办公室下令 要五角大厦给一张备忘录 |
[24:15] | I can’t order memos from the Pentagon. I can’t order memos from anywhere. | 我不能下命令给五角大厦 我不能下命令到任何地方 |
[24:18] | I don’t have an office. I work in the Oval Office. | 我没有办公室 我是在椭圆办公室工作的人 |
[24:21] | Well, that may have been the confusion. | 也许有人搞错了 |
[24:23] | This is about… I just called the deputy’s aide and told him to look out for… | 这是关于我只是想打给 副部长的助理请他注意 |
[24:28] | Who at the Pentagon thinks I can order a memo? | 五角大厦的哪位仁兄 认为我有权下令的? |
[24:31] | The secretary of defense. | 国防部长 |
[24:34] | All right, there’s been a mistake. | 好的,这是个错误 |
[24:36] | – You haven’t shown this to anyone else? – No. | -你还没拿给任何人看吧? -没有 |
[24:39] | But it’s cc’d to the joint chiefs and the secretary of state. | 但这公文已分送各部首长 以及国务�肓� |
[24:45] | Anyone here? | 还有人在这里吗? |
[24:47] | – Yeah, here it is. POTUS, V-POTUS. – Yeah. | -有的,总统、副总统 -是 |
[24:50] | – Leo McGarry and you. – I see. | -里奥马加瑞和你 -我知道了 |
[24:53] | What do you think it says? | 你觉得这代表什么? |
[24:56] | “Revised DoD offsets and cost structure adjustments”… | “国防部抵销 与成本结构调整修订版” |
[24:59] | …for the coming fiscal year and every other fiscal year. | 下个会计年度 与每一隔年的会计年度 |
[25:06] | The table of contents is six pages long. | 光是目录就长达六页 |
[25:08] | – You should read it. – Yeah. | -你应该看一看 -是的 |
[25:19] | You want me to fix you up a piece a salmon? | 你要我给你弄点鲑鱼吗? |
[25:21] | – No, thanks, Giuseppe. – What about fettuccine? | -不用,谢谢,古斯比 -那宽面呢? |
[25:23] | – Beano’s using a new cream. – I tried it last week… | -宾诺用新的奶油 -上星期我吃过了 |
[25:26] | …the technology conference. It’s the best. | 在科技会议上 真的是最棒的 |
[25:29] | – The dais still exits through here, right? – You can go in and stand in the back. | -演讲的人还是会从这里出去吧? -你可以进去,站在后面就好了 |
[25:34] | She’s trying not to scare somebody. Would you leave the child alone? | 她只是不想吓到别人 你别烦这个孩子了好吗? |
[25:37] | – I’m trying to feed her. – Twenty-two years in Washington D. C… | -我只是想喂她吃点东西 -在华盛顿特区二十二年 |
[25:41] | …spent all in the kitchen. He doesn’t know how the place works. | 全待在厨房,他还不知道 这种地方是怎么运作的 |
[25:44] | Maybe I could learn something if I beat you about the head with a sturdy ladle. | 如果我用勺子打你的头 也许我就会学到一点东西 |
[25:51] | – Ellen? – Wow. | -艾琳? -哇 |
[25:54] | You know what you are? The little aide who could. | 你知道你是什么吗? 天字第一号的小助理 |
[25:56] | – She wasn’t on the dais. – She had to cancel. I read a letter. | -她不在演讲台上 -她取消了,派我上去读一封信 |
[26:00] | Ellen, here’s the situation. I’ve been asked… | 艾琳,有一个状况 我被要求 |
[26:03] | Excuse me, it’s Josh. Yeah. | 抱歉,是乔西打来的 是的 |
[26:07] | That’s great. Who? | 太好了,谁? |
[26:10] | All right. We’ve got two yes votes, McMichael and Schapp. | 好,我们拿到两张赞成票了 麦可和夏普 |
[26:13] | The senator can come out of the woods. I’m coming in. | 议员可以现身了 我要进去了 |
[26:21] | Here’s an inauguration joke about the first Jewish president. | 有个第一位犹太总统 的就职典礼笑话 |
[26:24] | His mother leans over and says: | 他的母亲对某人说: |
[26:26] | “You see that guy with his hand raised? His brother’s a doctor.” | 他的母亲对某人说: “看到那个举着手的家伙没? 他的哥哥是个医生” |
[26:29] | – That’s good. – You like it? | -蛮好笑的 -你喜欢吗? |
[26:31] | If the president’s been booked into Ha-Ha’s in Cleveland. | -蛮好笑的 -你喜欢吗? 如果总统也想被收录到 笑话大全里 |
[26:34] | – It wasn’t for the speech. – Then why did you tell it? | -我不是要给你的演说用的 -那你为什么说呢? |
[26:37] | – Sometimes people tell jokes. – It was funny. What do you want? | -人有时候就是会说笑话 -很有趣,你想要做什么? |
[26:40] | That’s exactly the reaction I was hoping to elicit. | 这正是我想要引出的反应 |
[26:43] | Does it bother you that for all the bashing, the voters are no bargain. | 虽然有这种种的立法冲突 选民却无权过问,你不关心吗? |
[26:47] | – No. – Why? | -不会 -为什么? |
[26:49] | I make a living writing jokes. Not a good one. | -不会 -为什么? 我靠写笑话赚钱 不是写的很好就是了 |
[26:51] | They think you can have more spending and cut taxes at the same time. | 人民以为政府能同时 花更多的钱、减更多的税 |
[26:55] | It takes two politicians running against each other saying: | 两派政客彼此竞争 |
[26:58] | “It won’t happen, but here’s what I’ll do.” | “那是不可能的 但我可以这样做” |
[27:00] | – Is that all it takes? – When we were kids… | -这样就行吗? -我们小时候 |
[27:02] | …you’d never shut up about the founders. This is what they wanted. | 你开口闭口总是开国先贤 这种体制就是他们要的 |
[27:05] | Clearly, you weren’t listening much. The founders were scared of the people. | 很明显的,你听的不够多 开国先贤很怕人民的 |
[27:10] | They gave them the guns. | 他们都把枪给他们了 |
[27:11] | You know the picture of Dad’s father with Churchill? | 他们都把枪给他们了 你知道爷爷和邱吉尔的合照吗? |
[27:14] | He said the best argument against democracy was five minutes with a voter. | 他说反民主最佳的论点 就是和选民在一起五分钟 |
[27:18] | – Grandpa said that? – Churchill. | -爷爷说的吗? -邱吉尔 |
[27:20] | – It doesn’t sound like Grandpa. – Thank you for the coffee. | 听起来不像爷爷说的 |
[27:22] | – Willy? – Don’t call me that. | -小威? -不要这样叫我 |
[27:23] | You took a guy’s office who became part of the family. | -小威? -不要这样叫我 你占用一个深受欢迎家伙的 办公室 |
[27:26] | They’ll stop with the bicycles, Seaborn posters and the cold shoulder. | 他们会拿脚踏车、希朋的海报 冷漠的态度来阻止你 |
[27:30] | – Yeah, I’m all right. I’m focused. – Hey, cool goat. When did you get it? | -对,我没事,我很能专心 -嘿,好酷的羊,你几时养的? |
[27:33] | Professional comedian, Elsie… | 你这喜剧作家,艾尔西 |
[27:38] | I think it’s great that you keep oats in the office, just in case. | 我认为你把�P麦放在办公室 是个好点子,以备不时之需 |
[27:42] | – When these people find out that kind… – Leave me now. I’m focused. Please. | -等这些人发现我是 -别烦我,我要专心 |
[27:47] | Sure. | 当然 好 |
[27:53] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嘿,还顺利吧? |
[27:54] | Well, Donna tried to flush her out. She did it well, but… | 嘿,还顺利吧? 唐娜想把引她出来 她做的很好,可是 |
[27:58] | – What? – She named names. | -什么? -她说出名字 |
[28:01] | So her staff made two phone calls, and Hardin dove back under the bed. | 所以她的人打了两通电话 哈汀就偷偷的躲到床底下了 |
[28:09] | Well, you were right. Hoebuck’s crazy. | 你说对了,何巴克是疯了 |
[28:12] | – What did he want? – A hundred and fifteen thousand dollars. | -他要什么? -十一万五千 |
[28:15] | – Million. – No, thousand. | -是亿吧? -不,是千 |
[28:18] | – For what? – It doesn’t matter. | -为了什么? -无所谓了 |
[28:21] | – For what? – An NIH study on remote prayer. | -为了什么? -全国卫生研究所的远距代祷研究 |
[28:25] | – You’re kidding. – He brought a Duke cardiologist… | -你在开玩笑 -他带来杜克的心脏科医师 |
[28:27] | A hundred and fifteen thousand, he votes yes on foreign ops? | 十一万五千 他就对外交政策投赞成票? |
[28:31] | – It’s the government investing in… – I don’t care if it’s communion wafers. | -就是要政府投资在 -投资给买圣饼用我也不在乎 |
[28:35] | – It’s the government… – We’ll deal with it tomorrow. | -这是政府 -我们明天再处理别的 |
[28:38] | – Well, I already dealt with it today. – Not yet, and the clock’s running. | -我今天已经处理了 -还没,时间紧迫 |
[28:41] | I’m going to Leo. | 我要去找里奥 |
[28:53] | I had asked an assistant I know to give it special attention. | 我只是想请一个熟人 对这问题关注一下 |
[28:58] | I don’t know the woman or anything, it wasn’t patronage. | 我不认识那位女士 不是游说 |
[29:06] | But I was… | 但我是 |
[29:10] | You know. | 你知道 |
[29:14] | I was… | 我是 |
[29:16] | …showing off for Zoey. | 想要表现给柔依看的 |
[29:25] | There are a couple of thousand military families on food stamps. | 有几千个军人家庭依赖鲁票 |
[29:29] | I can’t stand it. The Pentagon knows it. Some families are eligible, some aren’t… | 我无法忍受,国防部是知道的 有些家庭有资格,有些没有 |
[29:34] | …but to change it, they’d have to raise everyone’s pay… | 如果要改变政策 就要提高每一个人的收入 |
[29:37] | …which they can’t do. This memo’s a reminder. It’s a get-off-our-backs memo. | 他们做不到,这备忘录是个提示 是个“别来惹我”的提示 |
[29:40] | And you thought you were done with turf wars. | 你还以为你抢了人家的地盘 |
[29:43] | – Did it cause any damage? – Decommissioned two aircraft carriers. | -有造成任何损害吗? -两架航空母舰被除役 |
[29:48] | – Really? – No. | -真的吗? -不是 |
[29:51] | Thank you, Mr. President. I’ll be outside. | 谢谢你,总统先生 我会待在外面 |
[29:54] | – Zoey’s growing up nicely, isn’t she? – Yes, she is. | -柔依长大变得很漂亮,是吗? -是的,她是很漂亮 |
[30:01] | I’m on your side in this thing, but just by a little bit. | 对于这件事,我是站在你这边的 但只是一点点 |
[30:04] | – Because he’s French and royal. – Yes. | -因为他是法国人且是皇族 -是 |
[30:06] | These are very special circumstances under which we’re allies. | 这种极特殊情况,我们才是盟友 |
[30:10] | Understood, sir. | 我了解,先生 |
[30:12] | – You still got it? – Sir? | -你还有吗? -有什么,先生? |
[30:14] | – The letter from the rope line. – Yes, sir. | -从封锁线传来的信 -有的,先生 |
[30:17] | – Put it in my bag tonight. – Yes, sir. | -今晚放进我的袋子 -是的,先生 |
[30:22] | – Mr. President. – Mr. McGarry. Mr. Ziegler. | -总统先生 -马加瑞先生,齐格先生 |
[30:25] | Mr. Lyman. Miss Cregg. It’s The Temptations. I love you guys. | 赖曼先生,葛瑞小姐 诱惑者合唱团到了,我爱你们 |
[30:29] | You think you’ve heard everything, but you haven’t. | 你以为你什么都知道了 但其实并没有 |
[30:32] | – Hit me. – Toby. | -有话快说 -托比 |
[30:34] | James Hoebuck will vote yea at 10:30 if we give him $ 115,000. | -有话快说 -托比 何巴克十点三十分会投赞成票 只要我们给他十一万五千 |
[30:38] | – Million? – Thousand. 115,000. | -是十一亿吧? -是千,十一万五千 |
[30:41] | – For an RV? What’s he want? – An NIH study on remote prayer. | -要买休旅车吗?他想要什么? -卫生研究所的远距代祷研究 |
[30:45] | I like it. There should be a button on my desk I can press… | 我喜欢,我桌子上应该有个按钮 只要我一按 |
[30:48] | …and 49 people pray for me. | 就有四十九个人替我祈祷 |
[30:50] | I got prayed for by 3 million people. | 我被三百万人祈祷过 |
[30:52] | – How’d it work out? – Good for me. | -效果如何? -感觉不坏 |
[30:54] | Can’t vouch for what they were praying for. | -效果如何? -感觉不坏 不能保证他们祈祷什么 |
[30:56] | – Well, that’s the problem. – Excuse me. | -这就是问题了 -抱歉 |
[30:58] | – Yes. – The Earth is rotating rapidly on its axis. | -是 -地球自转很快 |
[31:03] | Okay, well, good news. Keep us posted on that. | 好消息,随时告知地球的状况 |
[31:05] | We’re moving into 8:00 now. | 现在都快八点了 |
[31:07] | – Is there something I should be doing? – We should talk about Jimmy Hoebuck. | 现在都快八点了 -我有什么该做而没做的事吗? -我们应该讨论何巴克的事 |
[31:11] | Wait, you guys didn’t come in here to tell me something funny? | 你们不是来告诉我 什么好笑的事而已吗? |
[31:14] | Three of us did. | 我们三个是的 |
[31:20] | You are the wild card, my friend, because you… | 你是疯子,我的朋友 因为你 |
[31:24] | You will throw out the baby and the bath water at curtain time if it means… | 你就是那种不顾一切会在 倒洗澡水把婴儿把丢出的人,这代表 |
[31:28] | – Excuse me. – Feel free to interrupt. | -抱歉 -欢迎你随时插嘴 |
[31:30] | Do you think the people who get this money care about an NIH study? | 总统先生,你认为拿到这些钱的人 在乎卫生所的研究吗? |
[31:34] | I don’t care if they care, I care! And by the way, so do you. | 我不管他们在不在乎 我在乎!你也是 |
[31:37] | A hundred and fifteen thousand is what Commerce spends on Post-its. | 十一万五千元只是商务部 花在便条纸的经费 |
[31:43] | – Toby? – Threats to civil liberties… | -托比? -对公民自由的威胁 |
[31:45] | …only ever come a few dollars at a time. | 一次只花几块钱就够 |
[31:50] | It’s a medical study. | 这是医学研究而已 |
[31:52] | The Nuclear Test Ban Treaty doesn’t prohibit radiation therapy. | 《禁止核试条约》 并不因而禁止放射线治疗 |
[31:55] | Sufi Muslims, Orthodox Jews, Indian shamans… | 回教、犹太教、印度教 |
[31:59] | It works with everybody. It’s not promoting Christianity. | 对每个人都管用 这不是推广基督教的行为 |
[32:02] | Well, in my faith, we’ve known it’s worked for 2000 years. | 依我的信念,我们知道 祈祷已经实行两千年了 |
[32:05] | I never knew there was data available, but okay. | 哪有数据可供考查 不过,够了 |
[32:07] | – Anything else, sir? – No. | -还有别的事吗,先生? -没有 |
[32:09] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thank you, sir. | -谢谢你,总统先生 -谢谢你,先生 |
[32:12] | – Maxine? – That’s you. | -马克“丝”? -他是在叫你 |
[32:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:22] | – I apologize for interrupting before. – I don’t care. What I was gonna say… | -我抱歉之前的插嘴 -没关系,我要说的是 |
[32:28] | I’ll toss it all overboard if it means winning… | 如果能赢得胜利 我会抛掉一切 |
[32:30] | …and I think that’s not true, and I’d ask you to support that with evidence. | 不是这样的 我会请你支持有数据证明的东西 |
[32:36] | I’m sorry, I don’t know why I keep doing that. | 抱歉,不知道我为何一直在打断你 |
[32:43] | You’re not willing to toss it overboard to win. | 你不会愿意为了求胜抛掉一切 |
[32:46] | You’re willing to toss it overboard to avoid disappointing Leo. | 你是为了不让里奥失望 而抛掉一切 |
[32:53] | Know what the difference is between you and me? | 知道你和我有什么不同吗? |
[32:55] | I wanna be the guy. You wanna be the guy the guy counts on. | 我想当老大 你想当老大仰赖的人 |
[33:05] | – We lost. – We know. | -我们会输了 -我们知道 |
[33:13] | We can introduce another continuing resolution. Ninety days. | 我们能在九十天后 提出另一次的临时决议案 |
[33:18] | – And work down? – Seventy-five percent of current funding? | -你要把预算下修为? -现有经费之百分之七十五? |
[33:21] | – If we can get it. – You understand if we introduce… | -如果要得到 -你了解如果我们 |
[33:24] | …another continuing resolution, about 10 Democrats will jump on… | 提出另一个决议案 约有十个民主党员 |
[33:28] | …as a reason to vote no on this. | 可能会为此投下反对票 |
[33:31] | It means losing 60-40 instead of 51-49. | 代表输的比例六十比四十 而非五十一比四十九 |
[33:34] | When I lose, I don’t look for consolation in the score, and I know you don’t. | 我输了也不会看分数找安慰 你也不会 |
[33:38] | So it’s what we should do, right? | 所以我们应该这样做,对吧? |
[33:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:44] | All right, tough beat. | 好,艰苦的一役 |
[33:48] | – It’s an unbelievably tough beat. – Yes, sir. | -这是非常艰苦的一役 -是,先生 |
[33:54] | – Zoey’s growing up nicely, isn’t she? – Man, I’ll say. | -柔依长大变漂亮了,是吗? -太漂亮了 |
[34:01] | I go for kiss-ass today, and the ball goes in the gutter. | 我今天在拍马屁 老拍到马腿上了 |
[34:04] | – Anything else? – Thank you, Mr. President. | -还有别的事吗? -谢谢你,总统先生 |
[34:17] | I said the names. | 我说出名字了 |
[34:19] | It didn’t matter. She knows how to count to 51. | 没关系,她知道如何凑到五十一 |
[34:22] | It would’ve loosened things up for an hour. I’m sorry. | 再一小时就毁了 我很抱歉 |
[34:27] | Shake it off. | 不要在意 |
[34:30] | And don’t listen to the naysayers, you’ve got a big future as a stalker. | 不要听那些投反对票的声音 你很有潜力当跟踪的探子 |
[34:34] | I always felt like I had the makings. | 我总是觉得我有那种特质 |
[34:38] | I just had an interesting moment. | 刚刚发生有趣的事 |
[34:42] | I just recommended to the president that he buy a yea vote… | 我建议总统买张同意票 |
[34:45] | …for $ 115,000 and the Bill of Rights. | 只要花费十一万五千与自由法案 |
[34:48] | Don’t you mean 115 million? | 你是指十一亿五千万吧? |
[34:50] | Jimmy Hoebuck wanted to fund a study on remote prayer for $ 115,000. | 何巴克希望为远距代祷的研究 筹措十一万五千元 |
[34:56] | – Is it me, or is this getting harder? – It’s getting harder. | -是我,还是本来就很难? -会更难的 |
[35:01] | I’d say we’re gonna make more enemies… | 我敢说我们会制造更多敌人 |
[35:03] | …but I don’t know if anybody’s left on the list. | 但我不知道在名单上还有谁 |
[35:06] | You took funding for remote prayer to the president? | 你拿远距代祷的案子给总统? |
[35:09] | Oh, I did it with gusto. | 我是吃了熊心豹子胆了 |
[35:11] | Because you don’t know the story of”Fishhooks” McCarthy. | 那是因为你不知道“钓钩” 麦卡锡的故事 |
[35:13] | Is this a real person or a Donna person? | 这是真的人 或是唐娜捏造的人? |
[35:16] | A corrupt politician on the Lower East Side in the ’20s. | 二十年代东部的 一位贪污政客 |
[35:18] | Every morning, he stopped at St. James Church on Oliver Street… | 每天早上他都会在奥利佛街上的 圣詹姆斯教堂 |
[35:22] | …and said the same prayer, “Lord, give me health and strength. | 说同样的祈祷文 “上帝,请赐予我健康和力量 |
[35:25] | We’ll steal the rest.” | 其他的,我们都可以用偷的” |
[35:28] | Not that there needs to be, but was there a point? | 也不是说一定要有什么重点 不过,重点是什么? |
[35:30] | You’ve got health and strength, both of which… | 你已经有健康和力量 两者皆为我所祈祷的 |
[35:33] | …I prayed for after hot lead was shot into your body. | 除非有一颗热热的铅弹 射入你的身体 |
[35:36] | Yeah, and you’re gonna need some kryptonite, by the way. | 是,那你得用克里顿石当子弹才行 |
[35:39] | Okay, settle down. | 好,静下心 |
[35:43] | – All right. – So you’ve got health and strength. | -好 -现在你有了健康和力量 |
[35:49] | – And we’ll steal the rest? – Bet your ass. | -其他的,我们去偷吧? -那是一定要的 |
[35:52] | All right. | 好的 |
[35:56] | Good work tonight. | 今晚干得好 |
[36:00] | – Hi. – What’s up, Mr. Daley? | -嗨 -什么事,大利先生? |
[36:03] | – Bailey. – Bill Bailey? | -贝利 -比尔贝利吗? |
[36:05] | Will Bailey. | 是威尔贝利 |
[36:07] | If we’re lucky, foreign aid’s gonna be funded for another 90 days… | 如果我们够走运,外交援助部分 将可在九十天后筹到 |
[36:10] | …at 75 cents on the dollar. | 百分之七十五的残值 |
[36:13] | No one who has ever said they wanted bipartisanship has ever meant it. | 所有说他们希望两党政治的人 都不是真心的 |
[36:16] | But the people are speaking. | 但人民发出声音了 |
[36:18] | Because 68º% º think we give too much in aid, and 59º% º think it should be cut. | 百分之六十八的人认为外援花太多钱 五十九认为应缩减 |
[36:24] | – You like that stat. – I do. | -你喜欢那种数据 -是的 |
[36:26] | – Why? – Because 9 percent… | -你喜欢那种数据 -是的 -为什么? -因为百分之九 |
[36:28] | …think it’s too high and shouldn’t be cut! | 认为太高且不应该减少! |
[36:30] | Nine percent of respondents could not get their arms around the question. | 这百分之九的受访者 对问题不了解 |
[36:34] | There should be a box you can check for: | 应该有一个栏位让人打勾: |
[36:36] | “I have utterly no idea what you’re talking about. Don’t ask for my input.” | “我完全不了解你在说什么 别问我” |
[36:40] | Why is foreign aid important? | 外交援助为何那么重要? |
[36:42] | – It fosters democracies. – There you go. | -它孕育了民主 -这就对了 |
[36:46] | Well, well-played, young man. Very good. Yes, yes. | 说的好,年轻人,很好 是的,是的 |
[36:48] | You realize, for a second there, you changed voices? | 你知道刚刚有一阵子你提高声音了吗? |
[36:51] | Someone said,”The best argument against democracy… | 某人说“反民主最佳的论点 |
[36:54] | …is five minutes with a voter.” | 就是花五分钟和选民在一起” |
[36:56] | Churchill. He said,”Democracy is the worst form of government… | 邱吉尔,他说, “民主政治 是最糟的政府形式 |
[36:59] | …except for all the others.” | 只不过其他的更糟” |
[37:01] | I’ll work with you on the legislative section. | 我会跟你一起做立法的部分 |
[37:03] | – But after the vote. We’ll get some food. – Yes. Excuse me, please. | -在投票后,我们一起吃点东西 -好的对不起 |
[37:09] | Excuse me. You put a goat in my office, and I just want you to know… | 对不起,你把羊放在我的办公室 我希望你知道 |
[37:13] | …that I stand here with full humor and total focus. | 我带着满脑子的幽默与专注 站立在这里 |
[37:16] | Fill my office with bicycles. | 把我的办公室放满脚踏车 |
[37:17] | Cover the windows with Seaborn posters. | 把我的办公室放满脚踏车 用希朋的海报遮住窗户 |
[37:20] | You can bring in 101 dalmatians. I’m focused on what I’m doing. | 你可以带101只忠狗进来 我还是会很专心做我的事 |
[37:24] | – Who are you? – I’m Will Bailey. | -你是谁? -我是威尔贝利 |
[37:27] | – C.J. Cregg. – It’s very nice to meet you. | -茜洁葛瑞 -幸会 |
[37:29] | – I didn’t put the goat in your office. – You didn’t? | -我没有把羊放在你的办公室 -不是你吗? |
[37:32] | I put it in the office of a new guy Toby and Josh are giving a hard time to. Wait. | 我是放在托比和乔西在恶整的 那个新人的办公室 |
[37:38] | You understand I’m working on the inaugural address? | 你知道我在准备就职演说的 演讲稿吗? |
[37:40] | – How’s that going? – There are bikes and goats in my office! | -进行的怎样? -我的办公室里有脚踏车和羊在! |
[37:45] | All right. Any care and feeding I should know about? | 好,我需要了解 如何照顾以及喂养吗? |
[37:48] | The goat has a handler. I’ll get it… | 有专人在照顾 我会找他的 |
[37:50] | No, I’ll take my hazing like the Eton valedictorian I am. What’s his name? | 不,我要坚强的承受 他叫什么名字? |
[37:55] | – Which one? – The handler. | -谁? -照顾的人员 |
[37:56] | – Mike. – The goat has a name? | -麦克 -那只羊也有名字吗? |
[37:58] | – Ron. – Thank you. | -荣恩 -谢谢你 |
[38:10] | Where do you learn to run out the clock like that? | 你是在哪里学拖时间工夫的? |
[38:13] | The senator’s voting her conscience. | 议员是以她的良知在投票 |
[38:15] | She understands foreign aid. She’s supposed to do what’s right. | 她了解外交援助 她应该要做正确的选择 |
[38:19] | She’s supposed to do what the people think is right. | 她是人民选的 她应该做人民认为对的选择 |
[38:21] | Will you take this and walk it to her on the floor? | 你能拿这大哥大走到她身边吗? |
[38:24] | That’s all you have to do. | 你只要这样做就行了 |
[38:29] | All time has expired. The yeas and nays have been ordered. | 时间已经到了 赞成和反对票都已排好 |
[38:35] | Win some, you lose some. | 有赢,有输 |
[38:39] | Can I tell you something? | 我能告诉你一件事吗? |
[38:42] | Josh has asked me to work Saturdays, Sundays… | 乔西要求我在星期六、星期天工作 |
[38:44] | …and he has me there after 1 a.m. | 凌晨一点以后,他还留着我 |
[38:46] | He’s asked me to transpose portions of the budget into base 8… | 他曾经要求我调换部分预算到 第八基地 |
[38:49] | …go to North Dakota and dress as an East German waitress. | 要我穿的像东德女服务生 去北达科塔州 |
[38:53] | In five years working for him, he’s never asked me to hide him from something. | 我为他工作五年 他不曾要求我把他藏起来 |
[38:59] | Can I have my boss’s phone back? | 我可以把我老板的电话 拿回来吗? |
[39:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:05] | The question is on the passage of the bill. The clerk will call the roll. | 本法案的表决开始 书记人员将开始唱名 |
[39:10] | – You having that? – Yes. | -你要吃那个? -是 |
[39:12] | – All of it? – Yes. | -所有的? -对 |
[39:13] | – What about this? – Yes. | -这个呢? -要 |
[39:15] | – I’m pointing at 23 packets of soy sauce. – I give them to the homeless. | -我指着二十三包酱油 -我会送给流浪汉 |
[39:18] | – Helpful. – Talking through the vote? | -真有帮助 -在讽刺投票吗? |
[39:20] | You’ll lose this 60-40. Did I ruin the end? | 你们会以六十比四十的比率输掉 我破坏你的期待了吗? |
[39:23] | – Could you have this much sensitivity? – No. | -你就不能体贴一点点吗? -不 |
[39:25] | – Why? – Because you blew it. | -为什么? -因为是你搞砸的 |
[39:27] | The Senate blew it. We did everything but pass a hat. | 参议院搞砸的 我们尽一切的努力,只欠东风 |
[39:29] | Nobody wants to put money in Botswana when we got hats here! | 想筹钱? 没有人想把钱丢到非洲去! |
[39:33] | You can’t make this about charity. It’s about self-interest. | 无法因公益筹到钱的 大家都关心私利 |
[39:37] | We cut farm assistance in Colombia. | 我们缩减哥伦比亚的 农业补助 |
[39:39] | Every single crop we developed was replaced with cocaine. | 我们种的每一个农作物 都被可卡因取代了 |
[39:42] | We cut aid for primary education in northwest Pakistan and Egypt… | 我们缩减巴基斯坦西北部 和埃及的教育援助 |
[39:45] | …the kids went to madrasahs. | 孩子们都回野战学校去了 |
[39:47] | Why weren’t you making a case that Republican senators… | 你们何不把焦点放在共和党议员 |
[39:50] | …are bad on drugs and bad on national security? | 对毒品和国家安全漠不关心? |
[39:53] | Why are Democrats always so bumfuzzled? | 民主党员为何总是那么迂腐? |
[39:57] | By the way, 65 more flight schools today. | 此外,今天又查了 六十五间飞行学校 |
[39:59] | Maisy hasn’t found your guy. Don’t worry, there are thousands more. | 梅西还没找到你们的人 别担心,还有几千间可查 |
[40:03] | You know something, General Cho? | 你知道吗,大将军? |
[40:05] | If you had a story, you’d write it. If you don’t have one, shut up. | 如果你有故事就写出来 没有,就请闭嘴 |
[40:09] | We just lost a vote. We’re not bumfuzzled. | 我们才输一票 我们不是迂腐 |
[40:12] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to cancel a photo-op with a goat. | 现在,我得失陪了 我还要去取消羊的新闻照 |
[40:18] | -Mr. Conrad. -Yea. | -康拉德先生 -赞成 -克林辛先生 -赞成 |
[40:24] | -Ms. DiAngelo. -Nay. | -迪安琪欧小姐 -反对 |
[40:28] | -Mr. Dan Forrest. -Nay. | -丹佛瑞斯先生 -反对 |
[40:31] | Tough beat, everybody. Thanks for the work. | 艰难的一役,谢谢大家的努力 |
[40:35] | Next time, we let Josh do it the way he wants. | 下次,我会让乔西用他的方法做 |
[40:39] | – Sir, have you met…? – Bill Haley. | -先生,你见过? -比尔哈利 |
[40:41] | – Will Bailey. – Okay. | -威尔贝利 -好 |
[40:43] | – Good evening. – When’s this cow thing? | -晚安 -牛的行程是什么时候? |
[40:45] | – It’s a goat now. – Okay. | -现在是羊了 -好 |
[40:47] | We’ll cancel it. | 我们要取消了 |
[40:49] | – You think? – A milking goat? | -你要这样? -一头有奶的山羊吗? |
[40:51] | It’s gonna seem like a parody of foreign aid. | 像在讽刺外交援助 |
[40:56] | I don’t know. I don’t know, everybody, C.J. wants to cancel the goat picture. | 我不知道,大家觉得呢? 茜洁想把羊的照片取消 |
[41:02] | Half the world’s people live on less than 2 dollars a day… | 世界上一半以上的人口 一天的生活费低于两块钱 |
[41:06] | …130 million will never step inside a schoolhouse… | 一亿三千万人将无法上学 |
[41:10] | …ingredients for bombs can be purchased at hardware stores… | 制造炸弹的成分 能在五金行里就买到 |
[41:14] | …and we’ve just given the Third World just what the doctor ordered: rollbacks. | 我们给第三世界的东西 就像医生的指示:清淡 |
[41:20] | Heifer International, they give free cows and goats… | 国际小牝牛组织 赠送免费的牛和羊 |
[41:23] | …to people who need milk? – Yes, sir. | -给需要牛奶的人? -是的,先生 |
[41:25] | Then I don’t think we’re in position to be snotty. | 那我们就不该失礼 |
[41:28] | Let’s do it. Let’s do it right now. | 我们现在就拍,马上拍 |
[41:30] | – Carol. – They’re right out here. | -卡萝 -他们就在外面 |
[41:32] | I think this will work. | 我认为这会有效果 |
[41:34] | I think it says,”Well, you’re impoverished, and while we don’t care… | 我认为这代表, “你们太穷了 虽然我们不在乎 |
[41:37] | …we don’t want you to go away empty-handed… | 但也不希望你们空手而回 |
[41:40] | …so we offer this goat to give you milk.” | 所以我们提供这头山羊 赐给你们羊奶” |
[41:42] | Do male goats give milk? | 公羊也有奶吗? |
[41:46] | No. No, of course they don’t. | 不、不、他们当然没有 |
[41:48] | So we offer you this thing that’ll just gnaw on your stuff. | 所以我们给你们 这个只会咬断东西的礼品 |
[41:52] | I’m not standing in this picture alone. This was a total team failure. | 我不要独自拍照 这是整个团队的失败 |
[41:57] | Stand where you want, but I want my chief of staff… | 你随便找地方站 但我要我的幕僚长 |
[41:59] | …and my chief political adviser standing near the goat. Let’s go! | 和首席政策顾问 站在羊的旁边,开始拍吧! |
[42:06] | Hang on a second. | 等一等 |
[42:09] | May I? Thank you. | 可以借我吗?谢谢你 |
[42:19] | – Now we’re ready. – Let’s go. | -我们准备好了 -开始了 |
[42:23] | Set that clock for 90 days. | 把时钟设定在九十天后 |