时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | The government forces run by the Arkutu have apparently killed… | 阿古都族的政府军 明显的已经在首都 |
[00:10] | …as many as 200 Induye on the streets of Bitanga. | 碧坦佳的街头上 杀害两百个印度伊族人 |
[00:13] | – How many are dead right now? – Could be as many as 5000. | -目前死亡人数为何? -可能高达五千人 |
[00:16] | State Department estimates yesterday… | 国务院昨日估计 |
[00:18] | …put the dead at anywhere between 3000 and 7000. | 死亡数字在三千到七千之间 |
[00:21] | – Are there revised estimates today? – Fifteen thousand. | -今天有修正的数据吗? -一万五千人 |
[00:24] | C.J. this morning put the body count at 15,000. | 茜洁,今天上午 死亡人数高达一万五千 |
[00:27] | – You’re talking about Kundu? – I have revised estimates for Kundu. | -你在谈甘杜吗? -我有甘杜的修正数字 |
[00:31] | We’d said 15,000 yesterday… | 我们昨天说一万五千 |
[00:33] | …intelligence reports are putting it closer to 25. | 据情报显示 已接近二万五千人 |
[00:37] | I got this intelligence summary this afternoon: | 我今天下午收到这封情报: |
[00:39] | “Mothers are standing in front of tanks.” | “母亲们站在坦克车前阻挡” |
[00:44] | And we’re gonna go get their backs. | 我们要去当他们的靠山 剧名:加州47选区 |
[00:50] | … consisting of the USS Harpers Ferry, the USS Cleveland… | 组成的有《哈泊斯费里号》 与《克里佛兰号》 |
[00:53] | … the LHD 4 Boxer, 16 light armored vehicles… | 《拳师号》 外加十六艘武装船舰 |
[00:57] | … four M1 A 1 Main Battle Tanks, four Cobras and eight Harriers. | 四部M1A1主力战车 四架响尾蛇、八架猎鹰战斗机 |
[01:01] | What about the 82nd? It’s Fitz, general. | 那第八十二空降师呢? 我是费兹,将军 |
[01:04] | The 82nd began their drop 75 minutes ago. | 八十二空降师在七十五分之前 就开始降落行动 |
[01:07] | They’re in the process of… | 他们目前进行到 |
[01:08] | You have a call, sir. | 有你的电话,先生 |
[01:10] | Excuse me, Mr. President, Mr. Chairman, for just a moment. | 抱歉,总统先生 主席先生,请等我一下 |
[01:18] | I don’t understand. Did we just get put on call waiting? | 我不明白 我们得等他讲电话吗? |
[01:21] | He’s probably taking a call from Captain Morita on the Tallahassee. | 也许是《塔尔哈斯号》上 莫瑞塔舰长打来的 |
[01:25] | Wendall’s answering the phones at U.S. European Command? | 温代尔在美欧指挥会议上接电话? |
[01:28] | Would you take it easy? | 你能放轻松一点吗? |
[01:33] | – Is he placing a bet? – Are we allowed to do that? | -他是在下注吗? -我们容许这种事? |
[01:36] | And can I make a quick call before the 101 st Air Assault… | 我可以在101空降师行动前 先打个电话 |
[01:39] | – Excuse me, Mr. President. – Was that Morita? | -抱歉,总统先生 -是莫瑞塔吗? |
[01:41] | – Yes, sir. – What happened? | -是的,长官 -什么事? |
[01:43] | The 82nd’s completed its takeover of Bitanga Airport. | 八十二师已完全占领碧坦佳机场 |
[01:45] | That’s what’s happened. | 这就是目前的状况 |
[01:47] | Clear the 101 st for Bitanga Airport and stand by for a coded command, general. | 机场净空让101师进入 并静候后续密码指令 |
[01:51] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[01:53] | Mr. President, thank you. | 总统先生,谢谢你 |
[01:55] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢你 -谢谢你,总统先生 |
[02:00] | – That was impressive. – Me? | -真是令人感动 -我吗? |
[02:02] | – No, them. I meant… – I get it. | -不,他们,我是指 -我明白了 |
[02:04] | – I’m saying… – I agree with you. | -我是说 -我同意你的话 |
[02:06] | I’m not saying I don’t think you can be impressive in there. | 我不是说 你在那里面不会令人感动 |
[02:09] | I can tell by the way you laughed at the suggestion that I was. | 从你对我提议的大笑 我约略可以了解 |
[02:12] | – We changed wheels up to 6 p.m. – I heard that, why? | -我们起飞的时刻变到六点整 -我听说了,为什么? |
[02:15] | – DCCC put an event in Brentwood. – I told him over and over about money… | -本党竞选委员会在布南伍有活动 -我早跟他说过 |
[02:19] | …and endorsements from outside the district. Why Brentwood? | 在特区外取得经费与支援 干嘛到布南伍去? |
[02:22] | – Same reason Willy Sutton robbed banks. – What does Joey say? | -跟威利苏顿抢银行同理 -乔伊怎么说? |
[02:25] | He’s anywhere from five to eight points down, favorability below 50. | 他不足五到八个百分点 支持率在五十以下 |
[02:29] | They’re making it about values. | 他们拿价值观在大吵 |
[02:30] | The right to privacy is a value. So is clean air. | 隐私权也是价值观的一种 干净的空气也是 |
[02:33] | That argument’s been incredibly effective in the past. | 这论点在过去是很有效的 |
[02:36] | – OMB? – They want a few more hours… | -预算局呢? -他们要再多几个小时 |
[02:38] | …for the revenue calculations, but they’re saying it’ll be today. | 好计算收益 不过他们说今天会好 |
[02:41] | Deficit neutral. We’ve had 14 meetings. | 中等赤字 我们开了十四次会议 |
[02:43] | They understand. Ways and Means Democrats… | 他们了解 先是民主党的财税小组 |
[02:45] | …then the NEC briefing on scoring. | 然后是经委会的调查简报 |
[02:47] | What’s wrong with booze and a comfortable pickup? | 不过就是一杯烈酒 加上还可以的外卖吧? |
[02:50] | – Scoring. – I know what you were saying. | -只是调查 -我了解你的意思 |
[02:52] | – Are you from the Ozarks? – Will there be a Democratic tax plan… | -你是酒国来的吗? -可以弄个民主党的赋税计划吗? |
[02:56] | …or will I be in NEC scoring hell for the rest of my term? | 还是我接下来任期内 都得参加经委会的批斗大会呢? |
[02:59] | You got a meeting on salmon runs in Oregon at 3. | 你三点在俄勒冈 有个鲑鱼流域会议 |
[03:01] | – What do salmon runs have to do with it? – It has nothing to do with taxes. | -鲑鱼流域跟税务有何关系? -跟税务无关 |
[03:05] | – I’m moving on. – Last week it’s a banana embargo. | -我换话题了 -上星期是香蕉禁令 |
[03:07] | Is Congress opening a restaurant? | 干嘛,国会在开餐厅吗? |
[03:09] | There’s no reason not to relax in California. | 没理由不到加州去渡个假 |
[03:11] | – Aren’t there a few? – Yes. | -理由还不少吧? -是的 |
[03:13] | – Good morning, Mr. President. – Miss Hamantaschen. | -早安,总统先生 -大鲔鱼女士 |
[03:16] | Isn’t it a little early in the day, sir? | 先生,今天不会太早了点吗? |
[03:18] | Leo said that there was gonna be an NEC briefing on scoring. Tell her what I said. | 里奥说刚才说我得参加经委会的 调查简报,跟她说我说的话 |
[03:23] | “What’s wrong with booze and a comfortable pickup?” | “不过就是一杯烈酒 加上还可以的外卖吧?” |
[03:25] | No. I see there’s no hour too early… | 我看,永远不嫌早 |
[03:27] | – No, there’s not. | -你永远有一脑子的讽刺备用 -没错,永远都有 |
[03:30] | Ambassador Tiki is in the Oval Office, sir. | 提奇大使 已经在椭圆办公室等了 |
[03:33] | Mr. Ambassador, sorry to make you wait. I was in the Situation Room. | 大使先生,抱歉让您久候了 我刚刚在战情室开会 |
[03:36] | Mr. President, the U.S. is trampling on my country’s sovereignty. | 总统先生 美国在践踏我国的主权 |
[03:40] | – On behalf of President Nzele… – I’ve just taken your airport. | -谨代表纳塞总统 -我刚刚拿下你们的机场了 |
[03:46] | Clearing the way for the 101 st Air Assault to take the capital. | 现在已净空准备让101空降师 进去拿下首都 |
[03:50] | Seven thousand troops, 25 battle tanks… | 七千小队 二十五艘战斗坦克 |
[03:54] | …15 Apache attack helicopters and three destroyers. | 十五架阿帕契直升机 三架毁灭者战斗机 |
[03:57] | Strictly speaking, I conquered your country without the paperwork. | 明说就是,我不用任何公文 直接征服你的国家 |
[04:00] | – Kundu is in the midst of a civil war. – No, it’s not. | -甘杜正处于内战 -不,不是内战 |
[04:03] | It’s in the midst of a one-sided slaughtering of an entire people. | 是单方面的屠杀 想毁灭一个种族 |
[04:07] | Both the secretary general of the U.N. and the Vatican have pleaded… | 联合国秘书长与梵蒂冈都请求 |
[04:11] | …with President Nzele for a cease-fire, and both of them have struck out… | 纳塞总统停火 他们两位都被拒绝 |
[04:15] | …to the peril of 115,000 Induye men, women… | 十一万五千名印度伊族的性命 岌岌不保,包括他们的男人 |
[04:18] | …and children, particularly the boys. | 女人、小孩,尤其是小男孩 |
[04:20] | Who will soon be men and rise up… | 他们很快就会变成男人,起来 |
[04:22] | The heads of Ghana, Nigeria and Zaire have similarly been sent packing. | 迦纳、奈及利亚、萨伊的领导人 都被打发走 |
[04:26] | The Red Cross has been denied entry on three occasions in the last 10 days. | 红十字会在十天内 三度要求进入被拒 |
[04:30] | President Nzele has 36 hours to give the command to his troops… | 纳塞总统有36个小时 对他的军队下令 |
[04:33] | …to hand over their weapons to the 82nd Airborne Division… | 叫他们向美国军队的 第八十二空降师 |
[04:37] | …of the U.S. Army. At 36 hours and one minute… | 弃械投降 满36小时之后 |
[04:40] | …I give the order for the 101 st Air Assault to take Bitanga… | 我会在那第一分钟下令 101师拿下碧坦佳市 |
[04:43] | …and run up our flag. | 并插上我们的旗帜 |
[04:46] | I skipped breakfast. Anybody want coffee or something? | 我今天没吃早餐 有人想喝咖啡或什么吗? 主演:罗伯洛 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 总统分别通知了 提奇大使与纳塞总统 他们有36小时的时间 |
[05:37] | The president informed both Ambassador Tiki and President Nzele… | |
[05:41] | …that they have 36… | |
[05:43] | Now 34 and a half hours to implement a halt to the violence… | 现在只剩34个半小时的时间 停止他们的暴行 |
[05:46] | …before U.S. forces deploy. | |
[05:48] | – John. – And that would consist of what? | 不然美军就开始布署了 -约翰 -是何种布署? 中午国防部已做了简报 凯蒂 我们跟纳塞总统直接对话吗? |
[05:50] | You’ve got a Pentagon briefing at noon. Katie. | |
[05:52] | Are we in direct talks with Nzele? | |
[05:54] | The government of Ghana is acting as an intermediary… | 迦纳政府已作为中间人 |
[05:57] | …and talks begin within the hour. – Does the operation have a name? | -对将在一个小时之开始 -这次行动有名称吗? |
[06:00] | – Safe Haven. – Have you decided on a press policy? | -避风港行动 -你有决定什么媒体策略吗? |
[06:03] | – Always be upbeat. – Right. I meant, are…? | -永保乐观? -对,我是指,是否? |
[06:05] | I don’t get to decide press policy for the U.S. armed forces… | 我不能决定 美国军方的媒体策略 |
[06:09] | …though if wishing made it so. We’re bringing Pentagon Public Affairs… | 或是否将推出此策略 国防部的公共事务部同仁 |
[06:12] | …on the California trip, and we’ll be meeting about it all weekend. | 将随行飞往加州 我们整个周末都会开会讨论 |
[06:16] | Tonight’s forecast for D.C. is 18 degrees of mercury. | 今夜的特区的气温预报为 零下8度 |
[06:19] | For Newport Beach it’s 78 and sunny. | 新港海滩的天气为25度的晴天 |
[06:21] | – At night? – Even at night. | -晚上也是? -晚上也是 |
[06:23] | What kind of reception do you expect? | 你认为会是那种迎接阵容? |
[06:25] | Sam’s gonna meet us, and we’ll get something to eat. | 山姆会来接我们 我们能吃点好东西 |
[06:28] | – I meant by Orange County. – Don’t be fooled. | -我是指橘郡 -别傻了 |
[06:30] | They love us in Orange County. They’re crazy-go-nuts for the president. | 他们喜欢我们造访橘群 他们狂热的支持总统 |
[06:34] | Really the Democratic Party in general. I think they like it when we visit. | 真的是民主党大会串 他们真的很喜欢我们造访 |
[06:38] | When we were there last, we worked the crowd… | 我们上月造访时 有跟群众在一起 |
[06:41] | …and some boys worried that I couldn’t afford fruits and vegetables… | 有些男孩担心我区区公家薪水 买不起蔬菜、水果 |
[06:44] | …on a government salary, tossed me some of their own. | 所以就把他们自家的水果 丢到我身上来 |
[06:47] | Seventy-eight and sunny. Yeah, we’ll have a great time. | 25度的晴朗好天气 对,我们可以享受一下 |
[06:50] | Unless there are updates, see you on the plane. | 除非还有什么状况 不然我们大家机上见了 |
[06:52] | – C.J., thank you. – I’ve got $ 1331 in my checking account. | -茜洁,谢谢你 -我户头里还剩一千三百三十一块钱 |
[06:56] | I’ll write you a check for $ 1300 to go to California in my place. | 我愿意给你一张一千三百元的支票 请你代我去加州 |
[06:59] | Just leave me $31 for food and transportation. | 只要留下零头 给我吃饭、坐车用就好 |
[07:02] | Gretchen Olan’s been bumped from Meet the Press. | 制片:尼尔海恩二世 |
[07:04] | That, by the way, was a sky-blue DKNY suit worn for 41 minutes. | 有人在《会见媒体》挤掉葛瑞琪欧兰 对,那件天蓝色的DKNY套装 才穿不到41分钟就毁了 |
[07:07] | – There should be a law against that. – There is. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 -应该立法遏止的 -是有个法 |
[07:10] | – Who was she bumped for? – Rittenhouse. This Week wants… | -谁挤掉她了? -瑞登豪斯,《本周要闻》想要 |
[07:12] | …to reschedule the attorney general. – For who? | -重新安排首席检察官的行程 -跟谁的? |
[07:15] | Gacey, I think. | 我想是盖斯吧 |
[07:17] | Let’s try to get Gretchen in front of the Times… | 我们设法让葛瑞琪的 抢在《时代杂志》前面 |
[07:19] | – The HHS… – Wait a second. | -还有卫生署 -等一下 |
[07:21] | – Rittenhouse and Gacey? – Yeah. | -瑞登豪斯与盖斯? -对 |
[07:23] | It’s the tax plan. Josh. | 是税务方针的事,乔西 |
[07:26] | Rittenhouse and Gacey just booked the Sunday shows. | 瑞登豪斯与盖斯 预订周日节目秀了 |
[07:30] | We need to see the president. | 制片:李维林威尔斯 |
[07:31] | It is better to work to live, I think, than to live to work. | 我们去见总统 我想,最好是为生活而工作 不要为工作而生活 |
[07:35] | Right. On the other hand, 20 percent of your youth is unemployed. | 对,从另一个角度来看 你们年轻人有百分之20没工作 |
[07:39] | – They’re just living to live. – Yes, that’s right. | 编剧:艾伦索金 -他们只是想为生活而生活 -是,没错 |
[07:41] | But we have the best public health care and pension in the world. | 但我们有全世界最好的 公共医疗照顾与退休金制度 |
[07:45] | State-financed pensions are equal almost to income levels. | 国家支付的退休金 几乎与薪水阶级一样多 |
[07:47] | It helps when someone else is picking up bigger ticket items like national defense. | 对,然后国防的重责大任 导演:文森米希阿诺 再交给别人去伤脑筋 |
[07:52] | – I love seeing my two men sparring. – I’m sorry? | -我喜欢看我的两个男人在较劲 -对不起? |
[07:55] | – She’s very fond of you. – Excellent. | -她很敬爱你 -很好 |
[07:57] | – Sir? – Yes, absolutely. Send them in. | -先生? -是,当然,请他们进来 |
[08:00] | You see, there is an attitude in your culture. | 是这样的 你们的文化有一种态度 |
[08:02] | There is an effort to defy all that is European… | 你们就是反欧洲情结 |
[08:04] | …and that behavior is seen by many to be… | 很多行为模式都可以看出 |
[08:07] | – Yeah. Hang on. What do you need? – We didn’t know you were busy. | -对,等一等,你们需要什么吗? -我们不知道你在忙 |
[08:10] | – We’ll wait outside. – It’s all right. | -我们在外面等好了 -没关系的 |
[08:12] | – The three of you should bond. – Come here. | -你们三人应该多聚聚 -进来 |
[08:18] | If you leave, I’ll kill you. | 你敢走我就宰了你 |
[08:21] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[08:23] | Sorry, Jean Paul, I’ll have to cut this short. | 不好意思,尚保罗 我得忙了 |
[08:25] | Josh has gotten himself into a jam. But I’ll see you on the plane tonight. | 乔西有麻烦 不过,我们今天晚上机上见 |
[08:29] | I look forward to more discussion on… | 我很想再来谈谈有关 |
[08:31] | …you know, what’s wrong with me. – Yes. | -就是,我的毛病 -好 |
[08:34] | Bye, Dad. See you guys. | 再见,爸爸,大家再见 |
[08:38] | The chair of House Ways and Means and Senate Finance… | 白宫税赋委员会 跟参议院财政小组的两位领袖 |
[08:41] | …are doing the Sunday shows. – Think the Republicans… | -星期天要上节目 -共和党想要 |
[08:43] | …are unveiling their tax plan? – I do. | -揭露他们的税赋方针? -没错 |
[08:46] | – Thank God. – Why? | -谢天谢地 -为什么? |
[08:47] | Then we can roll out ours and I don’t have to go to more scoring meetings. | 那我们的方针就可以直接推行 我不必再去参加调查会议了 |
[08:51] | But it means they’ll announce their tax plan later today. | 不过这代表他们会在今日稍后 公布他们的税赋方针 |
[08:54] | That’s tomorrow and Sunday before we can respond. | 那我们就有明天与周日 两天的时间准备回应 |
[08:57] | Why not respond Saturday or Sunday? Better yet, let’s go first. | 为何不在周六或周日回应? 不是更好,我们开始了 |
[09:01] | – Call the press in and I’ll do it right now. – It’s not ready yet. It’s still being scored. | -叫媒体进来,我现在就做 -还没准备好,还在调查中 |
[09:05] | – Toby? – I don’t like that French kid very much. | -托比? -我相当不喜欢那个法国小孩 |
[09:09] | – It’ll be ready tomorrow? – Yes. | -明天能做好吗? -可以 |
[09:11] | I say respond to theirs with ours, but do it tomorrow or Sunday. | 我说,用我们的方针来回应他们的 不过明天或周日就做 |
[09:14] | You’d be announcing a tax increase… | 你要宣布的税制是 |
[09:16] | …on the richest one percent from Orange County. | 提高富人百分之一的税 也就是橘郡的族群 |
[09:19] | – Then that’s where we do it. – Except, Mr. President, it’ll kill Sam. | -那就到那里去做 -不过,总统先生,会害死山姆的 |
[09:22] | It’ll kill him in the 47th. | 在47选区就会害死他 |
[09:24] | It may be seen as gutsy, but you’ll kill Sam’s campaign. | 这样也许会显得很带种 不过会害死山姆的竞选活动 |
[09:27] | Which is why I think we should cancel the trip. | 所以我才觉得 我们应该取消这次的加州之旅 |
[09:30] | – And announce from here. – Yes, sir. | -然后在此地宣布 -是的,先生 |
[09:32] | Won’t canceling the trip be taken as a signal that we’ve given up on the 47th? | 取消这次的旅程 不就代表我们放弃47选区吗? |
[09:37] | – Yes. – And do equal damage to the campaign? | -是的 -那对竞选不是一样造成灾难? |
[09:39] | – Yeah. – You wanna go to Orange County? | -对 -你想去橘郡吗? |
[09:41] | I think we have to go. | 我想我们得去一趟 |
[09:42] | Even though there’s $ 1300 with your name on it if you don’t make me go. | 如果你不让我去 我就给你一张一千三百元的支票 |
[09:46] | – Forget the dress. – It was a suit. | -忘了你衣服的事 -是名牌套装 |
[09:48] | – I was hit by an avocado. – Could be worse. | -我被一只鳄梨打到 -还好啊 |
[09:50] | – How? – It could’ve hit me. | -为什么? -还好不是打到我 |
[09:51] | The first 24 hours of the cycle are critical. | 前24小时是最危险的 |
[09:54] | We can’t fight something with nothing, and that’s what we have for 48 hours… | 我们不能东西还没好 就去跟他们对打 |
[09:57] | …after they announce if we don’t announce too. | 如果他们宣布后我们先按兵不动 就有48小时的时间 |
[10:04] | That’s a killer decision. | 这是杀手级的决定 |
[10:08] | But let’s lean towards Sam and say we smile and keep our mouths shut… | 那我们就去挺一下山姆 我们在加州暂且先闭嘴微笑 |
[10:12] | …in California, and then come out fighting Monday morning. | 星期一上午再回来对仗 |
[10:15] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Thank you, sir. | -谢谢你,总统先生 -谢谢你,先生 |
[10:18] | I’m gonna go pack 38 sets of clothes now for two days. | 待两天,这下子 我要带38套服装了 |
[10:22] | Will. Every speech the president gives on Tuesday… | 威尔,星期二总统的演说 |
[10:25] | …has to be about the Democratic tax plan. And how many public remarks… | 都是民主党的税赋方针 他在星期二共有 |
[10:29] | …is he making on Tuesday? – Nine. | -有几场的演说? -九场 |
[10:31] | Plus we need speech inserts for the Cabinet. | 再加上对内阁的 |
[10:34] | – I can get it done by Tuesday. – Yes, you can… | -我可以在星期二以前完成 -是,你可以 |
[10:36] | …because you’ll use staff to help you. – Which staff? | -因为你将有员工协助你 -什么员工? |
[10:39] | Your staff. The White House speechwriting staff. Your staff. | 你的员工,白宫的演说组职员 就是你的员工 |
[10:42] | You’ll say what you need. You’ll expect it. | 必须说出你的需求 你的期望 |
[10:44] | You’ll say how they can improve, and they’ll do it. | 你只要说出,他们该怎么修改 他们就能帮你做事 |
[10:47] | – Yes. In theory. | – Yes. -是,理论上是的 -是 |
[10:49] | – Yes. – On paper your plan is very sound. | -是 -理论上,你计划得很好 |
[10:51] | – But in reality? – I don’t think they like me. | -事实上呢? -我想他们不太喜欢我 |
[10:53] | – No, no. They don’t like you at all. – Why? Why, oh, why is that true? | -错了,他们根本不喜欢你 -为什么?哦,真相为何如此残忍? |
[10:58] | – What did I do? – I don’t know. | -我做了什么了? -我不知道 |
[11:00] | – More to the point, I don’t care. – I made Rice Krispies Treats. | -更明确的说,我不在乎 -我还请大家吃爆米香 |
[11:04] | They’ve been working here forever. You’re here a minute, you’re a deputy. | 他们在这里工作很久了 你才来一下子,就升为副总监 |
[11:07] | – They have whiplash. – Understanding that, I brought in treats. | -他们深受打击 -我了解,所以才买东西请客 |
[11:11] | – I’m surprised they haven’t come around. – I can do it myself. | -我很意外他们没被收买 -我可以自己做 |
[11:14] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[11:16] | Many of these are the lowest possible priority remarks. | 这些大多是优先次序很低的简单发言 |
[11:19] | There are more valuable places for your time. | 你的时间应该运用在 更重要的地方 |
[11:22] | Now, instruct your staff. | 现在就去指挥你的员工 |
[11:24] | Yes. | 是 |
[11:28] | – Excuse me, Ginger? – Yes. | -对不起,金洁吗? -是的 |
[11:31] | – Are you, by any chance, on my staff? – I’m one of your staff assistants. | -你,是否,可以帮我忙? -我是你的助理员工之一 |
[11:34] | Great. Would you call a meeting of the speechwriting staff for this evening. | 很好,你今天晚上能帮我召集 演说稿的员工会议吗? |
[11:38] | – Are you gonna be there? – Yeah. Yes. | -你也要参加的吗? -哦,是的 |
[11:41] | Yes. The meeting’s with me. | 是,跟我开的 |
[11:43] | – Yes, sir. – Thanks. | -好的,先生 -谢谢 |
[12:04] | – Hello. – Hey, it’s Will. | -喂? -嘿,我是威尔 |
[12:06] | – How you doing? – Why did you cancel the Teamsters? | -你们还顺利吗? -为何取消卡车司机工会的活动? |
[12:09] | Scott thought we should be at the Manufacturing Association. | 史考特认为我们应该找生产协会 |
[12:12] | I don’t think that was smart. | 我觉得这样做不聪明 |
[12:14] | Hey, Scott, Will says he doesn’t think you’re very smart. | 嘿,史考特,威尔说 他觉得你不聪明 |
[12:19] | – I said it wasn’t smart. – What do you need? | -我是说这样做不聪明 -你需要什么帮忙吗? |
[12:21] | – I’m just calling to say hi. – Really? | -我只是想打声招呼 -真的? |
[12:23] | How do I get the speechwriting staff to like me? | 我如何能让演说小组的员工 喜欢我呢? |
[12:26] | I don’t know. But when you do, tell me how. | 我不知道 等你想到办法再教我 |
[12:28] | – They didn’t get along with you? – No. You’ll need new staffers. | -他们跟你也合不来? -不,你需要新的员工 |
[12:32] | The problem is, there are a lot of remarks we need for Monday. | 问题是,我星期一 就得完成很多工作 |
[12:35] | What’s going on Monday? | 星期一有什么事? |
[12:37] | The environment. It’s a whole thing about the environment. | 环保的事,有很多环保的东西 |
[12:41] | Sam? | 山姆? |
[12:43] | – Gotta go. – Okay. | -得挂了 -好 |
[12:46] | He wondered why we cancelled the Teamsters. | 他不知道我们为何取消 卡车司机的活动 |
[12:48] | While they’re here, you need to work hard at avoiding the appearance… | 他们来的时候,你尽量不要造成 |
[12:52] | …you’re in his lap. He’s reading you a story. | 你是他的宠儿 他都会讲故事给你听的感觉 |
[12:54] | I’ll need to work to avoid that appearance? | 不要造成这种感觉? |
[12:57] | Yeah, you are. | 是,一定要 |
[12:58] | What’s planned that may be mistaken…? | 我们安排的会有什么错误? |
[13:00] | You stand next to him, you’re aide-de-camp. | 只要站他旁边 你就会变成特助 |
[13:02] | – You’re a water boy. – Second banana. | -抬轿的 -小老二 |
[13:05] | Did you think I didn’t get it? | 你以为我听不懂吗? |
[13:06] | This went fast in an ugly direction. | 这会导向很难看的方向 |
[13:08] | The point is, people need to know you’re independent. | 关键在于,人民必须看到 你是独立自主的 |
[13:11] | You know, I have a good feeling about this trip already. | 我对这次的总统行 已经有很好的感觉了 辩论会将在明天上午举行 共和党的领袖打算推出 八千亿减税的税赋方针 要给一蹶不振的经济 一帖解药 那是你们的钱 你们应该多留一点 (星期五夜晚 行经大峡谷) 这是美国人应该享有的 目前依然没有接到白宫方面 针对此次国会新会期 |
[13:18] | Debate will be coming tomorrow morning when GOP leaders plan to roll out… | |
[13:22] | … their ambitious $800 billion tax-cut plan… | |
[13:25] | … their prescription for an ailing economy. | |
[13:28] | It’s your money. You ought to keep more of it. | |
[13:33] | This is what Americans deserve. | |
[13:35] | Still no response from the White House on what is certain to be… | |
[13:39] | … the biggest, most contentious debate of this new Congressional session. | 最大、最争议性之议题的回应 |
[13:43] | – He’ll go out of his mind. – I’ll go with him. | -他会发火的 -我陪他去 |
[13:45] | – Is it worse than we expected? – It is. | -比我们预期的糟吗? -是的 |
[13:47] | – We expected… – They did 15 across the board. | -我们预期 -他们砍掉百分之十五 |
[13:50] | It sounds like that, but I haven’t seen anything. | 类似这样 不过我还没看到什么东西 |
[13:52] | – Plus capital gains. – I thought we were talking about that. | -加上资本收益 -我以为我们谈的就是这个 |
[13:55] | I didn’t even realize the 15 percent. | 我没想到会有百分之十五 |
[13:57] | Did you just see that? | 你刚才有看到吗? |
[13:59] | Oh, my God. | 哦,我的天 |
[14:01] | Have you been onboard the whole time? | 你一直在机上吗? |
[14:03] | No, I hopped on when you guys were over the Great Lakes. | 没有,你们一伙人去五大湖的时候 我才上来的 |
[14:06] | – Why are you here? – I said I was coming. | -你为什么来? -我说过我要来的 |
[14:08] | – I said you couldn’t fly. – Dr. Salmi said I could fly… | -我说过你不可以坐飞机 -沙米医师说我可以坐飞机 |
[14:11] | …through the 32nd week. I thought since he’s my doctor and you’re dumb… | 前32周都可以,我在想 他才是我的医生又不是你 |
[14:15] | …I’d join the Congressional delegation and help out Sam. | 所以我就加入国会代表团 前去帮山姆打气 |
[14:18] | – Isn’t it great? – Listen to me. | -这样不是很棒吗? -听我说 |
[14:19] | We’ve got all kinds of atmospheric cabin pressure up here. | 我们这机舱里在高空 可是有各种压力的 |
[14:22] | We’re a little late, so the colonel’s put the hammer down in a 747. | 我们有点迟,所以机长可是 卯尽全力让这747飞快 |
[14:27] | You’ve got wind shear, downdraft, massive turbulence. | 我们会有风阻、下气流、乱流 |
[14:30] | Not to mention four giant engines burning jet fuel at galactic temperatures. | 别说还有四大喷射引擎 所造成的高温了 |
[14:34] | We’re standing in a flying death tube. | 我们在一个飞行死穴 |
[14:39] | No, not the rest of you. It’s just my family. | 不,不是指你们其他的人 只是我的家人 |
[14:42] | – It’s… It’s fine. Look… – What do you want me to do, step off? | -这里没事,听着 -你要我怎样呢,跳出去? |
[14:45] | Also, you’ve got twins in there. | 还有,你可是带着双胞胎的 |
[14:47] | You’re basically a minivan. How are you fitting into a seat? | 你基本上就是一辆小跑车了 你怎么找得到大座位? |
[14:53] | I saw him first, girls. | 我先看到他的,女孩儿们 |
[14:57] | – Josh? – Yeah. | -乔西? -是 |
[14:59] | I checked the voice mail and there are a couple of messages from an lvan Perez… | 我检查过语音留言 有几通讯息来自 |
[15:03] | …of the California Agricultural Laborers Association. | 加州农产劳工协会的 伊凡普雷兹 |
[15:06] | – Say that again. – California Agricultural… | -再说一次 -加州农产劳工协会 |
[15:08] | …Laborers Association. He’s staying in our hotel, and he wants five minutes. | 他也住我们的饭店 他想跟你会谈五分钟 |
[15:12] | I don’t know him. Find out if he’s for real first. | 我不认识他 先看看他是不是来真的 |
[15:15] | – How? – You meet with him. | -怎么看? -你跟他见面 |
[15:16] | What litmus test would you like me to use? | 你希望我采取何种测试方式? |
[15:19] | Well, to begin with, is he wearing shoes and a shirt? | 一开始,先看他 有没有穿鞋子与衬衫 |
[15:21] | Say he is. | 假设他有 |
[15:23] | Ask him what he thinks of Richard Sutter. | 再问他 他对理查苏特的看法 |
[15:26] | He’s the assemblyman who proposed the farm labor… It doesn’t matter. | 他是议员 就是那个提出农业劳工算了 |
[15:30] | If he doesn’t have a strong opinion on Sutter, he doesn’t play at your level. | 如果他对苏特没有强烈的意见 他就跟你不同层次 |
[15:34] | I have a level? | 我有一种层次? |
[15:36] | You do. It’s not a lot to speak of, but, you know, no shoes, no shirt. | 有的,没什么可说的 不过,就是,不穿鞋、不穿衬衫的 |
[15:39] | I’m sorry, but you draw the line. | 我很抱歉,不过你有限度 |
[15:41] | – Richard Sutter. – An assemblyman. | -理查苏特 -一个众议员 |
[15:44] | We’ve begun spreading our magic already. | 我们的神奇之旅 已经开始发挥了 |
[15:46] | – What happened? – Some wires got crossed… | -出什么事了? -有些电报被搞丢了 |
[15:48] | …between the Advance and Airlift Operations and C.H.P. | 就在前导直升机小组 与加州公路巡警之间搞丢的 |
[15:51] | They got word too late that takeoff was delayed… | 他们收到消息太迟了 起飞时间就耽误了 |
[15:53] | …and they thought we were coming into SNA, not Los Alamitos. | 他们还以为我们是要去 约翰韦恩机场而非洛阿米托斯机场 |
[15:57] | – The result being? – Interstate 5 has been shut down… | -结果该怎么办呢? -五号州际道路 |
[15:59] | …for an hour and a half. | 在一个半小时之前关闭待命 |
[16:01] | Is that a freeway that gets used a lot? | 那是繁忙的高速公路吗? |
[16:03] | Not for the last hour and a half, no. | 之前这一个半小时倒没有 |
[16:06] | All right, has the president seen any of the news on the Republican tax cut? | 好,总统有看到 任何共和党减税的新闻吗? |
[16:11] | “No response from the White House”? | “白宫方面没有回应吗?” |
[16:13] | There’s my response. | 我的回应就是这样 |
[16:15] | – Plus, it’s worse than we thought. – It is. | -还有,比我们预想的更糟 -是的 |
[16:17] | – Sing it, Larry. – Ed. | -说的比唱的好听,赖利 -艾德 |
[16:19] | Fifteen percent cut across the board? Cutting capital gains 50 percent? | 腰斩百分之十五? 再砍掉资本收益百分之五十? |
[16:23] | – They said it would cost 800 billion. – It’ll actually cost…? | -他们说一共八千亿 -真正的数据是? |
[16:26] | – 1.2 trillion. – I’m no economist, but… | -一兆两千亿 -我不是经济学家,但 |
[16:28] | No, wait, I am an economist. So their plan’ll do what, C.J.? | 不,等一等,我是经济学家 所以此方针将造成什么,茜洁? |
[16:31] | – Explode… – Explode the deficit. | -爆炸 -赤字大爆炸 |
[16:33] | – Will it stimulate the economy, Josh? – It’ll stimulate the Swiss economy. | -能刺激经济吗,乔西? -能刺激瑞士的经济 |
[16:36] | Josh gets extra credit for being both funny and right. | 乔西一向以幽默且正确闻名 |
[16:39] | – How long do I have to stay quiet? – You’re the leader of the free world. | -我得安静多久呢? -你是自由世界的领袖 |
[16:43] | – You can speak anytime. – And not kill Sam? | -你想说话就说话 -也不会害死山姆? |
[16:45] | No. For that you gotta shut up for 50 hours. | 不,想不害他 你就得安静50小时 |
[16:47] | And so I shall. | 那就这样吧 |
[16:55] | – You wanted to see me? – What are you doing right now? | -你要见我? -你目前在做什么? |
[16:58] | Remarks for the first lady. | 为第一夫人写演说 |
[16:59] | It’s for Estonian-American Women in the Arts week. | 是为爱沙尼亚裔美籍女性的艺文周 |
[17:02] | – Is this a joke? – No. | -这是笑话吗? -不是 |
[17:03] | How many Estonian-American women are in the arts? | 艺文界有几国 爱沙尼亚裔的美籍女性? |
[17:05] | – I don’t know. – When are you done? | -我不知道 -你什么时候可以做完? |
[17:07] | – Tonight. – I need you the rest of the weekend. | -今天晚上 -我需要你这周末来帮我 |
[17:10] | – You’ve got a staff. – They don’t like me. | -你有自己的员工 -他们不喜欢我 |
[17:12] | – The Rice Krispies Treats? – Didn’t do it. | -爆米香呢? -不管用 |
[17:14] | – They work for you. – Try telling them that. | -他们得为你工作 -你去告诉他们 |
[17:17] | – Have you tried telling them that? – No. | -你有试着告诉他们吗? -没有 |
[17:19] | – Why? – These are hardboiled men. | -为什么? -这些可都是硬底子的 |
[17:20] | Some who’ve known the president since 7th grade and some of whom… | 有些人从七年级就认识总统了 有些人 |
[17:24] | …still write like they were there. – And they’re hardboiled? | -写作依然像七年级生 -你还说他们是硬底子? |
[17:27] | We took Bitanga Airport this morning. | 我们今天上午攻下碧坦佳机场 |
[17:29] | – You think we don’t watch the news? – I’m just saying. | -你以为我们都不看新闻的吗? -我只是说说 |
[17:32] | You think the president took it because of you? | 你觉得总统是为了你 才拿下那个城市的? |
[17:34] | He hasn’t taken Bitanga, just the airport. And I’m just saying… | 他没拿下碧坦佳,只是机场 我只是说 |
[17:38] | …things happen fast. – Yeah. | -事情进展很快 -对 |
[17:43] | – He’s not… – Nzele’s demanding… | -他没有 -纳塞要求 |
[17:45] | He’s not in a position to be demanding anything. | 他没有立场要求什么 |
[17:47] | Nonetheless, he’s demanding that American troops… | 胡说,他要求美国军队 |
[17:50] | …leave Bitanga immediately. – And? | -立刻离开碧坦佳 -然后? |
[17:53] | And he’ll continue the peace talks among the African countries. | 他会继续跟非洲各国 进行和平会谈 |
[17:56] | – No. – Leo, Nzele is a sadistic madman. | -不行 -里奥,纳塞是个可悲的狂人 |
[18:01] | This can’t possibly be argued. | 这是无法反驳的 |
[18:04] | But he’s not a stupid man, and he knows where CNN is on his television. | 但他不是笨蛋 他会看有线电视新闻 |
[18:09] | He’s betting the first dead American soldier on television, and you lose. | 他在赌,只要死一个美军 你们就输了 |
[18:15] | – Our stomach for it? – Yes. | -赌我们的勇气? -对 |
[18:18] | Thomas, Robbie… | 汤玛斯、罗比 |
[18:21] | …you’ve gotta find a way of getting word to Nzele… | 你们得想个办法 去通知纳塞 |
[18:24] | …that in 23 hours he’s going to lose that bet. | 再过23小时 他就要赌输了 |
[18:39] | – Hi. – Good evening. | -嗨 -晚安 |
[18:41] | – I’m Will Bailey. – Yes, sir. We’re the interns… | -我是威尔贝利 -是,先生 |
[18:44] | …for the speechwriting staff. – Where are they? | -我们是演说组的实习生 -他们人呢? |
[18:46] | – Who? – The speechwriting staff. | -谁? -演说小组的职员 |
[18:48] | I’m not sure. | 我不晓得 |
[18:50] | – What’s your name? – Lauren Chin. | -你叫什么名字? -秦萝兰 |
[18:52] | Do me a favor. Can you find out where the staff is? | 帮我个忙 你能找到职员吗? |
[18:55] | – Cassie said… – Mr. Ziegler left a message… | -凯西说 -齐格先生有留讯息 |
[18:57] | …that you should call. – You’re Cassie? | -叫你打电话过去 -你是凯西? |
[18:59] | Cassie Tatum. And this is Lauren Shelby, Lauren Romano. | 凯西达妲,这位是萝兰雪比 还有萝兰罗曼诺 |
[19:03] | – Three of you are named Lauren. – Yes. | -你们三个都叫萝兰 -是 |
[19:05] | – Lauren, Lauren, Cassie and Lauren. – Yes, sir. | -萝兰、萝兰、凯西和萝兰 -是,先生 |
[19:07] | And you don’t know where the staff is, and Toby told me to call. | 你们不知道职员在哪里 而且托比叫我回电话 |
[19:11] | Yes. | 对 |
[19:12] | Okay, I’m just gonna step in this office over here a moment. | 好,我要进那个办公室一会儿 |
[19:20] | – You’re all pretty dressed up. – There’s an intern party tonight… | -你们都打扮得很正式 -今天晚上有个实习生派对 |
[19:24] | …but Mr. Ziegler said to stay. | 可是齐格叫我们留下来 |
[19:26] | Doesn’t sound that good, does it? | 感觉不太好,是吗? |
[19:28] | – Toby, it’s Will. – Seventy-four degrees in February. | -托比,是威尔 -二月天竟然二十好几度 |
[19:31] | – There’s no civilization here. – Where’s the staff? | -这是个荒蛮之地 -职员呢? |
[19:34] | I was starting the staff meeting and there’s no staff. | 我今天要开员工会议 可是职员都没来 |
[19:36] | – Yeah, I fired some of them. – How many of them? | -是,我辞掉几个人了 -几个人? |
[19:39] | – All of them. – You fired the speechwriting staff? | -全部 -你把演说小组的员工全炒了? |
[19:41] | I thought about what you said, and they have a bad attitude. | 我想到你说的话 他们的态度也不好 |
[19:44] | – Also, they’re bad at their jobs. – When will we have new staff? | -还有,他们的工作表现又差 -那我们何时才有新员工? |
[19:48] | Just as soon as you hire them. | 等你去聘用 |
[19:49] | – All right, I’ll get it done myself. – You can’t. | -好,我自己来做 -你没办法的 |
[19:52] | – I can. – You can’t. That’s why I left you a staff. | -我可以 -不行的,所以我才留一些人给你 |
[19:56] | – The interns? – Tell them what you want and expect it. | -那些实习生? -跟她们说你要的东西,让她们做 |
[19:59] | That isn’t a staff. Those are the Robert Palmer girls. | 那些可不是员工 那些是辣妹 |
[20:01] | They’re bright young women. Show some leadership skills. | 是活泼聪明的女孩 表现出你的领导技巧吧 |
[20:04] | – We’re here. I’ll call you in a bit. – Okay. | -我们到了,等一下再打给你 -好 |
[20:06] | The staff. You didn’t fire them. They quit, right? | 那些员工,你没炒他们鱿鱼 他们自己请辞的,对吧? |
[20:09] | – Yeah. – Because of me, right? | -对 -是为了我吗? |
[20:11] | – Yeah. – Okay. Thanks. | -对 -好,谢了 |
[20:16] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[20:31] | – Sorry. – Don’t worry about it. | -抱歉 -没关系 |
[20:33] | – Hi. – Toby. | -嗨 -托比 |
[20:35] | – Sorry. – Don’t worry about it. | -抱歉 -没关系的 |
[20:36] | Did we do much damage? | 我们有造成很大的损害吗? |
[20:38] | They got a photograph of an American SUV with three kids in the back crying… | 他们拍到一张休旅车的照片 后座有三个小孩在大哭 |
[20:42] | …because they were stuck getting home from Disney’s California Adventure. | 因为他们从迪士尼要回家的路堵死了 |
[20:45] | I feel bad you came now. Who knew the Republicans would announce… | 你们现在来很不妙 谁晓得共和党会宣布 |
[20:49] | …plus he must be distracted by Kundu. | 加上他现在一定很关切甘杜的事 |
[20:51] | He’s fine. Mr. President. | 他很好,总统先生 |
[20:53] | – Man, I’m sorry about this. – No, sir. Thank you for coming. | -唉,我很抱歉 -不,先生,谢谢你能来 |
[20:57] | I was just saying you must be distracted by Kundu. | 我正在说 你一定为了甘杜的事在担心 |
[21:01] | The French have denied us access to their airspace. | 法国拒绝我们经过他们的领空 |
[21:04] | I’m not sure why they think we’d need it to get to Africa, but what the hell. | 不晓得他们怎么会以为 我们到非洲去会经过他们的领空 |
[21:08] | This weekend’s all about you. | 管他的,这个周末是属于你的 |
[21:10] | – Get up there. – It’s Leo. | -上去了 -是里奥 |
[21:14] | This is gonna be about France. | 一定是法国的事 |
[21:16] | Did we accidentally trap people in a theme park? | 我们刚才是不是无意中 让人民塞在主题乐园了? |
[21:19] | – Yes, sir. – Thank you. | -是的,先生 -谢谢你 |
[21:20] | Yeah. | 是 |
[21:22] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢,谢谢大家 (选希朋当国会议员) |
[21:27] | Thank you. You’ve heard from a lot of people tonight… | 谢谢大家 大家今晚上听到很多场演说 |
[21:30] | …and many of them were me. | 多半都是我在说的 |
[21:33] | I’m happy to see that so many teachers here tonight brought students. | 我很开心看到今夜 有许多老师带着学生一起来 |
[21:39] | The man that I worked for is not only a great president… | 我以前的老板 他不只是一个伟大的总统 |
[21:43] | …he’s an extraordinary role model. | 也是一个杰出的模范角色 |
[21:45] | And someone you can honestly… | 是一个你真正能够 |
[21:47] | Tell those poncy little hairdressers I’m gonna shove a loaf of bread up their… | 告诉那些油头粉面的“假发官” 我要把面包塞到他们的屁眼里 |
[21:51] | Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States. | 各位女士、各位先生 欢迎我们的总统先生 |
[22:09] | – Good morning. | – Good morning. -早安 -早安 |
[22:11] | – These are for you. – You want us to wear them? | -这些是给你们的 -你要我们穿这个? |
[22:13] | It would move things along. | 比较容易做事 |
[22:15] | – You’ve met my sister Elsie? – Yeah. | -大家见过我妹妹艾尔西了? -是 |
[22:18] | Yesterday, the Republican leadership unveiled their tax plan. | 昨天,共和党的领导 揭露他们的税赋方针 |
[22:21] | On Monday morning, we’re gonna unveil ours… | 星期一上午 我们即将推出我们的 |
[22:23] | …which means that all public remarks coming from the White House… | 这代表所有出自白宫的公开发言 |
[22:27] | …have to be about the Democratic tax plan. | 都会跟民主党的税赋方针有关 |
[22:29] | So I need you all to help me take prepared remarks… | 所以我需要你们帮我整理 所有的言论 |
[22:32] | …say, about the canning of catfish and make it about the tax plan. | 比如说,即使给的是鲶鱼罐头 也要设法跟税赋相关 |
[22:36] | Number 60, what are you writing down? | 六十号,你在写什么? |
[22:38] | – Canning of catfish. – That was just an expression. | -鲶鱼罐头 -那只是在举例 |
[22:40] | – I never heard it. – I never heard it either. | -我没听过这种东西 -我也是 |
[22:43] | I just made it up. Twenty-one… | 我是瞎掰的 二十一号 |
[22:46] | …what’s a capital gain? – Anytime you invest in something… | -何谓资本收益? -就是你投资 |
[22:49] | …and make money off it. – Right. | -然后从中获利 -对 |
[22:51] | – What do Republicans want, 48? – No taxes on capital gain. | -那共和党要什么?48号? -投资收益不收税 |
[22:54] | Right. Plus a 15 percent cut across the board… | 正确,加上扣掉 百分之十五的税捐 |
[22:57] | …while our plan would raise taxes one percent… | 而我们的税赋方针是要增加 百分之一的税 |
[23:00] | …on the richest one percent in the country. | 加税的对象就是 本国最富有的那百分之一的人 |
[23:03] | What can be said about the difference between the two? | 有谁能说出这两个方针的差别? |
[23:05] | They wanna lower taxes, we wanna raise them. | 他们想降税,我们想加税 |
[23:08] | – Well, I wouldn’t put it quite like that. – You just did. | -我不会这么说 -你是这样说的 |
[23:10] | When you write remarks into the canning remarks… | 我是说你们在写鲶鱼罐头的时候 |
[23:13] | We’re interns. Do you think we have a clue how to write a tax-policy speech? | 我们只是实习生,你以为 我们有本事写出税赋的演说词? |
[23:17] | I’m sure you had to write in college in the government… | 我相信你们在校时得写很多 |
[23:20] | …and poly-sci and economics classes you took at…? | 政治学、经济学的论文 你是什么大学的? |
[23:22] | The London School of Ballet. | 伦敦芭蕾艺术学院 |
[23:24] | – What the hell are you doing here? – I’m changing direction. | -那你干嘛来? -改变路线啊 |
[23:30] | – Will Bailey. – It’s me. | -威尔贝利 -是我 |
[23:32] | – What happened last night? – We got off to a rough start. | -昨天晚上出什么事? -我们的起步有点难 |
[23:35] | I’d like to talk to Scott Holcomb. | 我想跟史考特贺康谈谈 |
[23:37] | – Don’t worry about the campaign. – He’s blowing the work we did there. | -不要担心竞选的事 -他把我们之前的耕耘全搞砸了 |
[23:41] | Don’t worry about it. How are the remarks coming? | 别担心了 你的评论稿还顺利吧? |
[23:44] | Great. These guys are pros. | 很好,这些家伙都是行家 |
[23:46] | – Elsie, what are you doing? – I’m erasing”canning of catfish.” | -艾尔西,你在干什么? -我在删除“鲶鱼罐头” |
[23:50] | Okay, gotta go. | 好,得挂了 |
[23:54] | There are some nice shots with you and the president, but the one you’ll see… | 有很多你跟总统的好照片 但你得留意的一张是 |
[23:58] | …a lot is you kissing a liberal, pregnant, unwed congresswoman. | 你亲吻一个自由派 未婚怀孕的国会议员 |
[24:02] | – Yeah. – Kissing her where? | -是 -亲她哪里? |
[24:04] | The Journal’s attacking him for campaigning at the same time… | 《每日报》攻击他 一方面参加竞选活动 |
[24:08] | …he’s sending troops overseas. | 一方面派兵出海 |
[24:09] | What the Register and Daily Pilot term”insulting remarks” at the school… | 《要闻》与《先锋日报》指出 在校内的一些“不雅”的发言 |
[24:13] | …made their pullout section. | 迫使他们须做折页处理 |
[24:15] | – They mind that he insulted the French. – Or poncy hairdressers. It’s not clear. | -他们会在意他怒骂法国人 -或油头粉面的“假发官” ,语焉不详 |
[24:19] | Yeah, but he also mentioned vouchers. | 对,不过他也提到学费政策 |
[24:21] | Closing the 5, the 405 and the 55 didn’t play well. | 关闭第五、四零五、五五 不是好的作法 |
[24:25] | And since he was late he couldn’t see off troops leaving from Miramar. | 由于他迟到了 他不能目送军队离开米拉玛 |
[24:28] | Flights out of John Wayne were delayed, and children crying… | 离开约翰韦恩机场 因而延迟 |
[24:31] | …at the Pirates of the Caribbean. And it’s still 6:30 in the morning. | 让小孩子塞在回家的路上大哭 现在才不过早上六点半而已 |
[24:35] | So you’d rate the trip so far, what, B, B-minus? | 所以你要给这趟行程打几分 乙,乙下? |
[24:38] | C-minus? | 丙下? |
[24:40] | We’ll get it together. | 我们要团结 |
[24:42] | I have no idea what makes me say this, but it’s good to see you. | 我不晓得自己为什么说这些 我很高兴见到你们来 |
[24:46] | I have a strategy breakfast. | 我有个策略早餐会 |
[24:48] | – You want me to come? – That’s okay. | -你要我去参加吗? -没关系 |
[24:50] | – Let him come, Sam. – Yeah, well, you know… | -让他去,山姆 -对,你知道 |
[24:52] | …the thing is, Scott Holcomb and Josh. – Oh, come on. | -问题是,史考特贺康跟乔西 -哦,得了 |
[24:56] | I think Holcomb’s been making bad mistakes. | 我想贺康是错的 |
[24:58] | – I think Josh has been right. – I know he has. | -我想乔西是正确的 -我知道他是的 |
[25:00] | – If you think that’s easy… – He has you with business. | -如果你认为我容易 -他帮你跟商业界牵线 |
[25:03] | He says it’s how a Democrat wins Orange County. | 他说这是民主党拿下橘郡的方式 |
[25:05] | – Has a Democrat ever won here? – No. | -民主党在橘郡赢过吗? -没有 |
[25:07] | – Then how does he know? – Okay. But he’s who… | -那他怎么知道的? -好,但他是 |
[25:09] | …the National Committee wants. That’s where the money’s from. | 党团要的人 经费从哪里来的 |
[25:12] | So I have a strategy breakfast. I’ll see you all later. | 所以我去参加策略早餐会 待会儿见 |
[25:21] | I wasn’t trying to get under his skin. On the other hand… | 我不是想惹他生气 另一方面 |
[25:24] | …I didn’t care that I had, you know? – Yeah. | -我也不在乎他,你知道吗? -知道 |
[25:27] | Some polls have you within seven. If you only lost by seven, that’d be huge. | 有些民调显示你在百分之七以内 如果你输百分之七,就够大了 |
[25:31] | I don’t wanna think like that yet. | 我还不要那么想 |
[25:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[25:38] | Okay, where are we? | 好,我们说到哪里了? (民主党迟迟不对减税争辩) |
[25:44] | They work the land and, through intense labor, develop pride in the property. | 他们在基层工作,辛勤耕耘 因而十分自豪 |
[25:48] | Labor is intrinsically social, right? No man can create something by himself. | 劳动本质上就是分工的,是吧? 没有人能靠自己创造出什么 |
[25:52] | Denying migrant workers an equal share of profits… | 排斥外劳分享同等的利益 |
[25:54] | – Hello. – Let me put it this way. | -哈�� -容我这样说好了 |
[25:59] | – That was weird. – That happens to me sometimes. | -很怪异 -这种事不时发生在我身上 |
[26:02] | Are you a farm-labor leader and a rock star? | 你是个农工的领导 兼摇滚歌手? |
[26:05] | No. But my point was we have no way of determining… | 不是,但我的观点是说 我们不可以认为 |
[26:07] | …whether 12 hours under the sun picking grapes is worth less or more… | 在太阳下采12小时葡萄的工作 比在办公室朝九晚五的工作 |
[26:11] | …than 9 to 5 in an office. – True. True. | -没有价值 -真的,真的 |
[26:14] | – But let me ask you this, lvan. – Yes. | -可是我问你,伊凡 -是 |
[26:17] | What do you think of Richard Sutter? | 你对理查苏特有何看法? |
[26:20] | I’m sorry? | 说什么? |
[26:21] | Richard Sutter. I was wondering what your opinion… | 理查苏特 我在想你的观点 |
[26:24] | He’s the enemy is what he is. Simply put, he’s the enemy. | 他是敌人,他是 简单的说,他是敌人 |
[26:27] | – This assemblyman led the charge… – Excellent. | -这个众议员控诉 -太好了 |
[26:29] | – I’m…? I’m sorry? – He was. | -我?什么? -他是这样的 |
[26:31] | And I think your views are valuable. I’ll try to get you in to see Josh. | 我想你的观点很价值 我会设法让你去见乔西 |
[26:35] | – That’s wonderful. Thank you. – Good meeting you. | -太好了,谢谢你 -真是幸会了 |
[26:39] | – Donna! – Hi. | -唐娜! -嗨 |
[26:40] | Hey, everyone, this is one of my best friends. This is Donna Moss. | 嘿,各位,这可是我最好的朋友 这位是唐娜摩斯 |
[26:44] | I didn’t see you much last night. How are you? | 昨晚只看到你一下子 你好吗? |
[26:46] | Everyone feels really bad about the start. | 大家对开始的气氛 似乎感到不太好 |
[26:49] | Don’t worry about it. Where you coming from? | 没关系,你去哪里了? |
[26:51] | Five minutes with an lvan Perez… | 我跟加州农产劳工协会的 |
[26:53] | …from the California Agricultural Laborers Association. | 伊凡普雷兹谈了五分钟 |
[26:56] | – Josh wanted me to find out if he’s legit. – Is he? | -乔西要我调查他是不是正当人 -他是吗? |
[26:58] | – I think. – Anyone ever heard of lvan Perez? | -我想 -有人听过伊凡普雷兹吗? |
[27:01] | – The farm guy? – Yeah. | -农场那家伙? -对 |
[27:03] | – Izzy Perez? – Donna just met with him. | -伊塞普雷兹? -唐娜跟见过他 |
[27:05] | He ran for governor of California. | 他竞选过加州州长 |
[27:06] | – What party? – Communist. | -哪一党的? -共产党 |
[27:08] | – The Communist party? – Yeah. | -共产党? -对 |
[27:10] | He’s a communist? I thought he was a farmer. | 他是一个共产党的? 我还以为他是农夫 |
[27:12] | – They’re all farmers. – Take it easy. | -他们全是农夫 -别紧张 |
[27:14] | – Did anybody see you having coffee? – Yeah. | -有人看到你们喝咖啡吗? -有 |
[27:16] | – Who? – A photographer. | -谁? -一个拍照的 |
[27:18] | – My God. – Honest to God, how stupid can you be? | -我的天 -说真的,你有多笨啊? |
[27:20] | Hey! | 喂! |
[27:22] | – Out of here. You’re fired. – I need him. | -滚,你被炒鱿鱼了 -我需要他 |
[27:24] | – I don’t care. He’s out of here. – You’re gonna get creamed. | -我不在乎,他得走 -你会被打垮的 |
[27:28] | Like I’m not used to that. | 又不是没被打过 |
[27:39] | – Excuse me, Leo? – Hey, how’s it going? | -抱歉,里奥? -嘿,还顺利吗? |
[27:41] | Fine. | 很好 |
[27:42] | – I heard your staff quit. – Yes. Yes, they did. | -听说你的员工辞职了 -对,他们全走了 |
[27:45] | – Because we promoted you to deputy? – It would appear so. | -因为我们提升你当副总监? -显然是这样 |
[27:48] | Well, that’s a little small. | 嗯,他们小心眼 |
[27:50] | Whatever. Is there anyone around with speechwriting experience… | 随便,有没有谁 有写演说稿的经验 |
[27:53] | …I could borrow for a day or two? – On Saturday? | -我可以借用一、两天的? -星期六借人? |
[27:56] | – Bad day? – Not ordinarily… | -不太好的日子? -不寻常 |
[27:57] | …but a lot of people made the California trip. | 可是很多人都去加州渡假了 |
[28:00] | The Treasury Secretary’s staff is in the Midwest. | 财政部长的人在中西部 |
[28:02] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[28:04] | Is there anything I can do for you? | 有什么我能帮你的吗? |
[28:06] | – For me? – With regard to what’s happening now. | -帮我? -我是指目前的状况 |
[28:08] | – I feel a little responsible. – You are. | -我觉得有点责任 -没错 |
[28:12] | – You need me to prepare remarks at all? – I hope not. | -需要我准备讲稿什么的? -但愿不用 |
[28:28] | When was the last fly-over? | 上一次的低空侦察是何时? |
[28:30] | A Super Hornet did a pass in the last hour. | 上一个小时有一架超级大黄蜂 |
[28:32] | Are we seeing any pictures of the Arkutu getting ready to surrender? | 有任何阿古都准备投降的迹象吗? |
[28:36] | No. | 没有 |
[28:37] | Here’s what we’re seeing. | 我们看到的是这个 |
[28:39] | These are 3200 Induye being marched down a road toward Musato. | 有三千二百名印度伊族人 被押着步向莫沙多的道路上 |
[28:44] | These are cranes and bulldozers at work. | 有很多起重机、推土机 |
[28:47] | And twice as many smokestacks burning as of an hour ago. | 一小时前有很多的烟雾 |
[28:51] | So this… | 所以 |
[28:53] | …is the mass gravesite that the 3200 Induye are being marched to. | 这是三千两百名印度伊族人 要被押送去的大坟场 |
[28:58] | How many more in the next 20 hours? | 接下来二十个小时还会有多少人? |
[29:02] | We think about 20,000. | 我们在想约两万人 |
[29:04] | So why not talk about blowing off the deadline? | 那为什么不忘了期限? |
[29:07] | Because we’d need 55 more aircraft off the USS Colonnade and Third Infantry. | 因为我们在等55架飞机 与美军第三步兵师 |
[29:11] | He’s trying to finish the job before the deadline. | 他想在期限前完成工作 |
[29:16] | Yes. | 是 |
[29:36] | Is the president monitoring the situation in Kundu? | 总统有监控甘杜的状况吗? |
[29:38] | Sure. He’s getting continuous updates. | 当然,他一直接收最新的简报 |
[29:40] | He also spoke by phone with the U.N. secretary general… | 他也跟联合国秘书长谈过电话 |
[29:43] | …and the leadership of the World Bank and the IMF to begin discussing… | 也和世界银行与国际货币基金会 的领导开始讨论 |
[29:47] | …rebuilding packages after the Arkutu step down. | 阿古都下台后的重建事宜 |
[29:50] | What about the rest of the day? | 下午以后呢? |
[29:51] | He’ll have a conference call with his economic team. | 他会跟他的财经团队 举行电话会议 |
[29:54] | – About the Democratic response? – The tax plan isn’t a response… | -关于民主党的回应吗? -国家的税赋方针不是 |
[29:57] | …to the Republicans. It’s a tax plan. And yes. | 一种针对共和党的回应 那一种税赋方针,是的 |
[30:00] | Any California issues on the schedule? | 路上有讨论到任何加州议题吗? |
[30:02] | A series of meetings. The California leadership of the F.O. P… | 和加州的警方、州长、州议会 各领导人 |
[30:05] | …and the governor and State Assembly Leadership… | 都举行过一系列的会议 |
[30:08] | …on matching payments, then on to the fundraiser. Mark. | 焦点在各支付款项目的比对 马克 |
[30:11] | – Speaking of California politics… – Was a White House aide sent to meet… | -谈到加州政治 -是否有个白宫助理 |
[30:15] | …the Communist party’s candidate for governor? | 被派去会见共产党州长候选人? |
[30:17] | – Yeah. – No. | -对 -没有 |
[30:19] | Donna Moss was sent to meet the head… | 唐娜摩斯是派去会见 |
[30:21] | …of the California Agricultural Laborers Association… | 加州农业劳工协会会长 |
[30:24] | …a man named lvan Perez, who, it turns out… | 一个叫伊凡普雷兹的人 没想到 |
[30:27] | …has some loose ties to the American Communist Party. | 他跟美国共产党有关系 |
[30:29] | – He’s their standard-bearer. – Like that one. | -他是他们的舵手 -即使如此 |
[30:32] | Mr. Perez was heard, as he certainly has a right to be, and that’s that. | 普雷兹先生可以表示意见 别人一样有权利,就这样 |
[30:35] | How do you think the picture of them will play in Orange County? | 你认为他们的照片 将在橘郡起何种作用? |
[30:39] | Really, really well. I’ll talk to you before the dinner. | 很好的作用 我晚餐前再跟你们谈 |
[30:42] | – Thank you. – Thank you, C.J. | -谢谢 -谢谢你,茜洁 |
[30:44] | “Nothing is more important than teaching our children well.” This is good. | “没有什么比教好我们的下一代 更重要”这不错 |
[30:48] | These are remarks prepared by Number 48… | 这评论是48号准备的 |
[30:50] | …for the undersecretary of education at the A.F.T. leadership breakfast. | 是给教育次长 在美国教师联盟早餐会演说的 |
[30:54] | Very good start. | 很好的开始 |
[30:55] | “Nothing is more important than teaching children well, grounding them in basics. | “没有什么比教好我们的下一代 更重要,要建立他们的基础 |
[30:59] | While we’re at it, we should teach them… | 基础建立了 我们就要教导他们 |
[31:01] | …that the Republican tax plan is a job killer.” | 共和党的税赋方针 是在杀死工作机会” |
[31:04] | – I don’t think this will work, do you? – You gotta give us points for candor. | -我认为这样不行,你觉得呢? -你得看在我们还纯洁的份子上 |
[31:08] | – Number 24… – Cassie. | -24号 -凯西 |
[31:11] | …in remarks to the National Headache Foundation, said… | 在对全国头痛基金会上说过 |
[31:14] | Is there a National Headache Foundation, or is it made-up… | 真的有个全国头痛基金会 或是你编的 |
[31:17] | …like the London School of Ballet? – Yeah. | -就像编伦敦芭蕾学院一样 -对 |
[31:20] | I was an American Studies major at the University of Texas. | 我是德州大学主修美国研究 |
[31:23] | I know that. You don’t think I know how to retrieve information. | 我知道,你不觉得 我也能取得资料吗? |
[31:26] | What were you doing looking me up? | 你干嘛去调查我? |
[31:28] | What was I doing? My job, okay? That’s what I was doing. | 我干嘛?我的工作,可以吗? 我的工作就是这样 |
[31:32] | Phone’s for you. | 你的电话 |
[31:33] | Thank God, huh? | 谢天谢地,嗯? |
[31:36] | – Will Bailey. – How’s it going? | -威尔贝利 -还好吗? |
[31:38] | Why would Holcomb book Sam in the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce? | 贺康为何要把山姆 弄进新港的商会? |
[31:42] | Did I say to worry about the speeches… | 我是要你担心演说 |
[31:44] | …or did I say to worry about Sam’s campaign? | 还是要你担心山姆的竞选? |
[31:46] | I worry about his campaign without anyone telling me. | 我担心他的竞选 没有人跟我说什么 |
[31:49] | Read me what you’ve got for the swearing in of the ambassador. | 把大使宣誓就职的演说念给我听 |
[31:53] | “Ambassador Stanis will help to build and sustain a new era of cooperation… | “史丹尼斯大使 将协助美国与匈牙利两国 |
[31:57] | …between the United States and Hungary. | 建立并维系一个合作的新世代 |
[31:59] | And let’s please all remember that cutting capital-gains taxes is a bad idea.” | 让我们共同记取 降低投资收益之税金为错误之举” |
[32:04] | – Okay, you’re gonna polish that up? – Yeah. | -好,你会再润饰吧? -好 |
[32:10] | Who will pay in the tax plan you propose? | 你们提出的税赋方针 谁要付出代价? |
[32:12] | – The president. – I don’t understand. | -总统 -我不明白 |
[32:14] | The president’s proposing the tax plan, not me. | 是总统提出的,不是我 |
[32:16] | Who will pay? | 谁将付出代价? |
[32:18] | The plan raises taxes on the richest one percent in the U.S. by one percent… | 这个方针是提高百分之一 全美最有钱的人的税 |
[32:22] | …to let college tuition be fully tax-deductible for anyone… | 好让年收入不到八万的家庭 |
[32:25] | …making under $80,000 a year… | 能享有大学学费全额抵税的优惠 |
[32:27] | …and incrementally tax-deductible after that. Does that make sense? | 是累进制的扣抵 这样合理吗? |
[32:30] | – No, because it is ridiculous. – Because you’re in the one percent. | -不,太荒唐了 -因为你就是那百分之一的富人 |
[32:34] | No, I don’t think taxes are too high. I think they are too low. | 不,我不觉得税太高 我是觉得你们的税太低了 |
[32:37] | – You see, you don’t know me. – Yeah. | -喏,你不了解我 -对 |
[32:40] | Speaking of people getting to know you… | 谈到了解一个人 |
[32:43] | …you and Zoey went to runway shows in Paris… | 你和柔依在巴黎 很多场的走秀 |
[32:45] | …and there were an awful lot of pictures. | 被拍了很多照片 |
[32:47] | – That is avoidable? – It’s not completely avoidable… | -这是能避免的吗? -不是能完全避免 |
[32:50] | …but it’s a little avoidable. And you should try because it’s a security risk. | 但可以稍微避免 你们应该避一避的,有安全上的危险 |
[32:54] | – Why? – Because of details… | -为什么? -因为照片 |
[32:56] | …crazy people pick out of photographs. | 让疯子可以从中获取资讯 |
[32:58] | You can make the scene without making a scene, you know what I’m saying? | 可以直接换个背景翻拍 你了解我的意思吗? |
[33:02] | – I took Zoey home to meet my parents. – They weren’t at the Versace show. | -我是带柔依去见我的父母 -他们没有去凡赛斯的秀 |
[33:06] | She’s a sexy girl. She likes having her picture taken. | 她是个性感的女孩 她喜欢拍照 |
[33:08] | She doesn’t like having her picture taken. | 她不喜欢拍照 |
[33:12] | She doesn’t mind having it taken with me. | 她不介意跟我一起拍 |
[33:16] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[33:19] | We were talking about taxes, of all things. | 我们在谈税的事 |
[33:30] | Well, I’ve gotta get to Sam’s rally. | 哦,我得去山姆的大会了 |
[33:32] | We’re right behind you. | 我们随后就到 |
[33:37] | You and Josh should take over the campaign. | 你跟乔西应该接手竞选活动 |
[33:39] | – We’ve asked. – Just the last week. | -我们有问过他 -就上星期 |
[33:41] | We’ve asked. | 我们问过 |
[33:42] | We said we’d go off White House payroll. I had to bungee Will to his desk. | 我们说我们不用白宫的薪水 我还一直在压抑威尔的反弹 |
[33:47] | Until a higher authority steps in… | 直到有高阶势力介入 |
[33:49] | …the DNC wants Holcomb. – When they have him… | -民主党团要用贺康 -他们运用他周旋于 |
[33:52] | …in community centers… – I know. | -各社区中心 -我知道 |
[33:54] | …it’s like he’s wearing his dad’s old suit. He’s got youth and vitality, he should… | 就像穿着他老子的旧衣服 他年轻、活力,他应该 |
[33:58] | – I know. – Communists look exactly… | -我知道 -共产党看起来 |
[34:01] | …like non-communists. – Tell me about it. | -完全不像共产党 -还用你说 |
[34:03] | Miss Wyatt, those kids you’ve got in there deserve a father. | 惠特小姐,你那些孩子 应该有个爸爸 |
[34:07] | – I’m sorry, you talking to me? – Yes, I was. | -对不起,你在跟我说话吗? -对,我是 |
[34:11] | – That’s all. – They’ve got a father. | -就这样 -他们是有爸爸的 |
[34:13] | And it’s Congresswoman Wyatt, not”Miss.” | 而且是惠特议员 不是“小姐” |
[34:17] | – Whatever you say. – Damn right, whatever I say. | -随你说 -没错,随我说 |
[34:22] | You may not realize it… | 你也许不明白 |
[34:25] | …but you’re an example to women… | 不过你是一个女性楷模 |
[34:27] | …and there’s something to be said for acting like it. | 这种行为会招人议论纷纷 |
[34:32] | – Well, I believe I do. – You do. | -我相信是这样的 -你相信 |
[34:34] | Sir, you are way out of line… | 先生,你太超过了 |
[34:35] | …and we’re having a private conversation, but thank… | 我们在进行私人对话 不过感谢你的 |
[34:38] | No, it’s not private when you’re an elected official. | 不,没有所谓的私人 因为你是被选举出来的公仆 |
[34:41] | Well, I appreciate you reminding me of my sworn duty. | 感谢你提醒我的职责 |
[34:45] | – If it’s fine with you… – It’s not fine with me. | -如果你觉得可以的话 -我不觉得可以 |
[34:47] | – I’m sorry to hear that. – You should be sorry. | -我很抱歉听你这么说 -你应该感到抱歉 |
[34:50] | – You’re standing too close to her. – It’s the father. | -你靠她太近了 -是孩子的爹 |
[34:52] | Yeah. And you’re standing too close. | 对,你靠得太近了 |
[34:54] | So if you’re gonna insist on being drunk and minding other people’s business… | 如果你想喝醉 又想管别人家的闲事 |
[34:58] | …you gotta take a step back, because as you are apparently aware… | 先请你退后一步 因为你明显的知道 |
[35:02] | …the congresswoman is pregnant. – Is there a problem, Toby? | -议员是有孕在身的 -托比,有状况吗? |
[35:05] | This is the one who was with the daughter. | 这个就是跟那女儿在一起的人 |
[35:11] | Five hundred million dollars in undirected aid. | 五亿美元,用间接援助方式 |
[35:15] | Assurance that he stays in power. | 确保他保有大权 |
[35:17] | A guarantee that he and his top aides will receive immunity… | 确保他以及他的主力副手 不会受到 |
[35:22] | …from prosecution for war crimes. | 战犯的起诉 |
[35:24] | He’s killed 115,000 people and he wants to stay in power… | 他屠杀了十一万五千人 还想掌权 |
[35:28] | …get immunity and cash a check for half a billion dollars? | 不受起诉,还要五亿? |
[35:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:32] | – Yeah. – Excuse me. | -对 -抱歉 |
[35:35] | Excuse me, Mr. Ambassador. | 抱歉,大使先生 |
[35:44] | Get me Fitzwallace and then get me the president. | 叫费兹华利斯来 然后联络总统 |
[35:50] | Don’t come here. Turn around, go to the event. We’re fine. C.J., we’re fine. | 不用过来,回去去参加活动 我们很好,茜洁,没事 |
[35:54] | And tell Andy not to come here. We’ll meet her there soon as we’re done. | 叫安娣别来 我们办完事就过去和她会合 |
[35:58] | Excuse me, officer. | 抱歉,警官 |
[35:59] | Ballpark, how long do you think this is gonna be? | 你觉得大概还要多久呢? |
[36:02] | – Assault? Six to 20 months. – It wasn’t assault. | -攻击?六到二十个月 -那不是攻击 |
[36:05] | – He slipped. – Yeah? One of them says you hit him. | -他自己滑倒的 -是吗?有人说你打他 |
[36:08] | That’s different. That part may be assault. | 那可不一样 那部份可能叫攻击 |
[36:10] | Tell him to hit hard on quality, healthcare quality. | 叫他侧重品质的部分 医疗品质 |
[36:13] | – And in his acknowledgments he must… – Okay. | -在他的认知中他必须 -好 |
[36:15] | One second. In his acknowledgments he’s gotta mention the AFL folk. | 再一下子,在他的认知中 他必须提到足球联盟的人 |
[36:19] | The president’s working the rope line for 15. | 总统15日想上封锁线 |
[36:22] | – No. | – No. Charlie says no on the rope line. -不 -不,查理说不能近封锁线 |
[36:24] | – Hey! Give me the phone. – Call the NEC and get a one-pager… | -嘿!电话给我 -打给国安会弄个信差 |
[36:27] | …on trucking faxed to my cell, I’d… – Now! | -把传真送到我的牢房,我 -快! |
[36:30] | Okay. I gotta go. | 好,我得挂了 |
[36:32] | – I’m under arrest. – He won’t know the names… | -我被捕了 -他不会记得 |
[36:34] | …of the people he’s meeting. – Does he ever know them? | -他见过的那些人的姓名 -他曾知道那些人的姓名吗? |
[36:37] | Okay, over here. Give me your left thumb. | 好了,过来 左手姆指给我 |
[36:42] | Is there any chance I could get a corner cell? | 我有可能 弄到一个角落的牢房吗? |
[36:45] | Or anything, possibly, with a loft space? | 或者是,可能的话 高一点的阁楼? |
[36:47] | – There’s solitary. – Perfect. | -是单人房 -太好了 |
[36:51] | Sam. | 山姆 |
[36:53] | I got salsa on my shirt. | 我的衬衫上沾了沙司酱 |
[36:54] | – We got a new shirt? – Yeah, they got it. | -我们有新的衬衫吗? -有,有准备 |
[36:57] | Can I have the room, please? | 大家先离开一下好吗? |
[37:01] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[37:07] | I’m gonna propose something bold. | 我有个大胆的提议 |
[37:08] | – I like bold. – The White House will announce… | -我喜欢大胆 -白宫 |
[37:11] | …their answer to the Republican tax plan Monday. | 星期一将宣布 对共和党税赋方针的回应 |
[37:13] | It’s a one percent hike on the wealthiest one percent, which would pay for… | 那是针对百分之一富人 抢劫百分之一,再支付给 |
[37:17] | – Tax-deductible tuition. – Right. | -学费的扣抵 -对 |
[37:20] | – Come out against it tonight. – Why? | -今晚出面对抗这个方针 -为什么? |
[37:23] | To show you’re not owned by the West Wing. | 以证明你不是受到总统控制的人 |
[37:25] | And many of the one percent live here. | 而且这里许多居民就是那百分之一 |
[37:27] | – I worked on it. – On what? | -我是参与人之一 -什么? |
[37:29] | – Tax-deductible tuition. I worked on it. – You did what the president said. | -学费扣抵税金,我有参与 -你当初只是听从总统的命令办事 |
[37:33] | And the president was doing what I helped advise him to do. | 总统是执行人 我也有参与说服他 |
[37:36] | – It doesn’t matter. What I’m saying is… – Wait a second. | -无所谓,我想说的是 -等一下 |
[37:40] | – They’re announcing on Monday? – Yeah. | -他们星期一要宣布? -对 |
[37:42] | – How do you know? – I know. | -你怎么知道? -我知道 |
[37:45] | – And it’s been scored? Fully scored? – Yeah. | -调查好了?完全调查好了? -对 |
[37:48] | Well, why the hell would…? | 哦,那干嘛不? |
[37:52] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[37:57] | Thank you. Mr. President? | 谢谢,总统先生? |
[37:59] | – Mrs. Hottentot? – Toby and Charlie… | -好事多太太? -托比和查理 |
[38:01] | – Where are they? – They’re being held. | -他们人呢? -他们被囚了 |
[38:03] | – What do you mean? – They are under arrest. | -什么意思? -他们被关起来了 |
[38:05] | – There was an incident at a bar. – They’re under arrest? | -酒吧里出了点意外 -他们被捕? |
[38:08] | – Yes, sir. – Did they rob the bar? | -是的,先生 -他们打劫酒吧? |
[38:10] | No, sir. | 不是,先生 |
[38:12] | A patron was jostling Congresswoman Wyatt… | 有个客人贴近惠特议员 |
[38:14] | …and Toby tried to get him to step back, and the man slipped on the floor. | 托比跟查理试图拉他退开 那个人就跌倒了 |
[38:18] | And then the man’s friend lunged for Toby. | 然后那人的朋友就扑向托比 |
[38:21] | And what did Charlie do? | 那查理做了什么? |
[38:23] | – He hit him. – Sir. | -他打人 -先生 |
[38:24] | Toby and Charlie were arrested in a bar fight. | 托比跟查理因酒吧斗殴被捕 |
[38:27] | It won’t be a problem. C.J. ‘s handling it. | 没问题,茜洁会处理 |
[38:29] | – Really? – It’ll be a little problem. | -真的吗? -小问题一件 |
[38:31] | Every time we come to Southern California, we are the Clampetts. | 我们每回造访南加州 就被视为次等公民 |
[38:35] | He booked him at the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce. | 他把他弄进新港的商会 |
[38:37] | He had him skip a union lunch with hotel employees… | 他让他跳过 一个旅馆员工工会的午餐会 |
[38:40] | – I can’t… – He wants him speaking at Cal Lutheran. | -我不能 -他要他在加州路德教会演讲 |
[38:43] | Scott Holcomb’s given up on Sam, and he’s running his own agenda. | 史考特贺康已经放弃了山姆 他是为自己在竞选 |
[38:46] | I can’t leave with the tax proposal coming. | 要提出税赋的事 我不能不管 |
[38:48] | But Toby says he can for a week. | 但托比说他可以待一星期 |
[38:50] | Will’s put together a topflight staff that can handle the paper for a week. | 威尔组成一支一流的小组 可以处理一星期的文稿 |
[38:54] | I suppose it’s worth noting that Toby probably can’t leave the state anyway. | 我想,也许该注意的是 托比可能无法离开加州了 |
[38:58] | Now, as the leader of this party… | 好,身为本党的领导 |
[39:00] | You don’t shake up a campaign like this at this point in the election calendar. | 你不能在这种关键时刻 如此粉碎一场竞选 |
[39:05] | At this point in the election calendar, look where his numbers are going. | 在这种关键时刻 看看他的数据 |
[39:08] | I’m amazed he’s kept a veneer of sanity, much less… | 我很意外他还力图清醒 更别说 |
[39:11] | Are you crazy? | 你们疯了吗? |
[39:13] | We were just… | 我们只是 |
[39:15] | Have you all lost your minds? | 你们全疯了吗? |
[39:16] | – C.J., maybe… – I just assumed it wasn’t ready yet. | -茜洁也许 -我还以为你们的东西还没弄好 |
[39:19] | – It’s ready now, isn’t it? – Yeah. | -准备好了,是不是? -对 |
[39:21] | You’re missing news cycle after news cycle after news cycle. | 你们一直在错失良机 一直等,等 |
[39:24] | You didn’t announce because you didn’t wanna do it here. | 你们不回应 是因为你们不想在这里回应 |
[39:27] | – Would you? – Yes! I say the hell with the election. | -你会吗? -当然!我说管他妈的选举 |
[39:30] | There’s a guy making $55,000 a year trying to send his kid to Notre Dame! | 有人一年赚五万五千元 还设法要让他女儿上好大学 |
[39:34] | Guys, we’ve gotta keep our voices down a little. | 二位,我们得小声一点 |
[39:37] | Sam, it’s time. | 山姆,是时候了 |
[39:40] | Without further ado, I wanna welcome… | 不再��嗦 我想欢迎 |
[39:43] | If I’m gonna lose, I’d like to lose doing something. | 如果我就要输 我也要输得有意义 |
[39:45] | So here he is, the next U.S. representative… | 他到了 我们第四十七选区下一届的 |
[39:49] | … from the California 47th Congressional District. | 美国国会代表 |
[40:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[40:02] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢大家 |
[40:05] | The president of the United States is backstage. | 美国的国家元首 就在后台 |
[40:07] | He’ll be out here in a minute. | 待会儿他即将上台 |
[40:12] | He’ll be out in a minute because, of course… | 当然 |
[40:14] | …he’s monitoring our troops in Kundu. | 他一方面在监控甘杜的美军状况 |
[40:18] | But I wanted to say that yesterday the Republicans rolled out their tax plan. | 但是我想说的是 昨天共和党推出他们的税赋方针 |
[40:24] | Do not let this president off this stage until he’s told you his. | 不要让总统下台 除非他告诉大家他的税赋方针 |
[40:30] | Send me to congress, and mine will be the first yea vote cast. | 把我送进国会 我这张票将是第一张的赞成票 |
[40:35] | He didn’t just say that. He did not just say that. | 他不能 他不能这样说 |
[40:40] | – Scott. – Yes, sir. | -史考特 -是,先生 |
[40:42] | Why are you putting Sam next to business? | 你为什么要把山姆跟商业扯在一起? |
[40:45] | – Sir… – No, I’m just curious. | -先生 -不,我只是好奇 |
[40:48] | You read numbers as well as anyone, sir. Webb’ll win here. That’s no surprise. | 你跟别人一样,数字能力很强 韦伯会赢的,不会有意外 |
[40:52] | – So why burn the DNC’s bridges…? – Josh. | -所以,干嘛拆民主党团的桥? -乔西 |
[40:54] | Yes, sir. | 是,先生 |
[40:56] | Tell Toby to take over the campaign. | 叫托比接手竞选活动 |
[41:03] | You’re gonna get creamed. | 你们会惨败的 |
[41:06] | – Excuse me, ma’am? – Yes. | -抱歉,夫人? -是 |
[41:08] | – Mr. McGarry. – Thank you. | -是马加瑞先生 -谢谢你 |
[41:13] | – Sir. – Yeah. | -先生 -是 |
[41:15] | Leo, I just fired Scott Holcomb. | 里奥,我把史考特贺康炒了 |
[41:18] | Toby, who, with Charlie, is meeting with a bail bondsman right now… | 托比跟查理 现在与一名保释人见面 |
[41:22] | …has to come off the payroll for a week. | 他得暂时扣薪一星期 |
[41:24] | – Sir, I’m afraid something’s happened. – What? | -先生,恐怕出事了 -什么? |
[41:28] | Two Marine lance corporals and a PFC have been taken. | 两名海军下士 与一名一等兵被掳 |
[41:32] | What do you mean they’ve been taken? | 他们被掳是什么意思? |
[41:34] | Patrolling Bitanga Airport in a humvee, 50 guys came out of nowhere. | 他们驾驶军车巡视碧坦佳机场时 突然冒出五十名家伙 |
[41:37] | – We secured the airport. – They came out of nowhere. | -我们已加强机场的安全措施 -他们是突然冒出的 |
[41:40] | – What are we doing? – Special Ops wants to brief you… | -我们现在怎么做? -特别小组想基于不同救援方式 |
[41:43] | …on some rescue scenarios. | 对你做简报 |
[41:46] | – We’re coming home. – Nzele says for immunity… | -我们要回去了 -纳塞说要免于被审 |
[41:49] | …and $500 million, he’ll keep them alive. | 加上五亿,他就留活口 |
[41:54] | Tell Ghana to tell Nzele he’s got nine hours and 20 minutes before I take him. | 叫迦纳对纳塞说,我捕捉他之前 他还剩下九小时二十分钟 |
[41:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[41:59] | – He’s about to introduce you. – Thanks. | -他快要介绍你上台了 -谢谢 |
[42:01] | This district needs a congressman who will work with President Bartlet… | 本选区需要的国会议员 是一个可以跟巴特勒总统合作 |
[42:05] | … for the right kind of change. | 做出正面改革的人 |
[42:07] | A congressman who ‘ll reach across the aisle and make a real difference… | 一个能为橘郡所有的家庭 跨越障碍 |
[42:10] | … for Orange County’s families. | 做出真正改革的人 |
[42:15] | – And if you send me to congress… – Lieutenant. | -如果各位送我进国会 -少尉 |
[42:18] | – Yes, sir. – How old are you? | -是,先生 -你几岁? |
[42:21] | I’m 22 years old, sir. | 二十二岁,先生 |
[42:24] | And so, friends, the president of the United States. | 所以,各位朋友 欢迎我们的总统先生 |
[42:29] | Okay, let’s go. | 好,我们走 |