时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | Steve, Betsy, Julie, Julia… | 史提夫、贝丝蒂、茱莉 茱莉亚 |
[00:09] | There are some 120 news outlets covering the hour-to-hour movements… | 总共有120个媒体 报导总统的即时行程 |
[00:13] | …of the president. Only the cream of the crop ride here. | 跟我一起走是最好的 |
[00:16] | The rest are in the zoo plane. | 其他的统统到媒体专机 |
[00:18] | – Have you decided on a press policy? – I don’t decide that for our armed forces. | -你决定媒体策略了吗? -我不能为军方决定 |
[00:22] | We’re gonna have a dabba-do time. | 我们将会加油打气 |
[00:24] | Unless there are any updates, I’ll see you on the plane. | 除非还有什么状况 不然我们大家机上见了 剧名:天使维修 |
[00:31] | Because it’s 18 hours from Manila, it’s 9:25 p.m. Eastern. | 美国比马尼拉晚十八小时 现在是东部晚上九点二十五分 |
[00:35] | – It should be 10:25. – We left Manila at 3:25 today. | -现在应该是十点二十五分 -我们三点二十五分离开马尼拉 |
[00:39] | – We left Manila at 3:25 yesterday. – In Manila, it was yesterday. | -我们昨天三点二十五分离开 -在马尼拉,现在是昨天 |
[00:43] | – Was it? – Well, no, actually, it was tomorrow. | -是吗? -不,事实上已是明天 |
[00:46] | But it’s 9:25 right now, Eastern. Agreed? | 但现在是东部时间九点二十五分 同意吗? |
[00:48] | I’ve agreed that it’s 9:25. I’m just saying it should be 9:25 in the morning. | 我同意现在是九点二十五分 不过是早上 |
[00:54] | But it’s not. You can just look out the window and check. | 才不是,你可以看窗外 |
[00:58] | Ladies and gentlemen, this is Lieutenant Colonel Caplan. | 各位女士、各位先生 我是开普蓝中校 |
[01:02] | Colonel Weiskopf told you that we were beginning our initial descent… | 韦斯克夫上校刚广播 我们要开始下降了 |
[01:06] | … but Andrews approach has asked us to make a left turn at Valhalla Vector… | 但在接近安德鲁基地时 我们被要求在瓦哈拉维特左转 |
[01:11] | … maintain our altitude, and proceed along jet route five. | 要维持相同高度 沿喷射机五号航线前进 |
[01:15] | We assume there’s a problem on the ground… | 我们猜测地面上可能有点问题 |
[01:18] | … and just as soon as they have it figured out, they’ll wave us on in. | 只要他们查明 就会立刻通知我们降落 |
[01:23] | He’s saying the deadline for Colombia’s recertification is midnight. | 他说哥伦比亚的再确认审查 将在今天午夜截止 |
[01:27] | – Yes, sir. – Didn’t I sign those papers already? | -是的,先生 -我不是已经签署文件了? |
[01:31] | Yes, but the statute requires you have a briefing on the current drug situation. | 是,但依法令规定 你需要听取毒品现况的简报 |
[01:36] | – We’ll do it in the car on the way in. -Just to check: | -我们在回程的车里做简报 -容我问一下 |
[01:40] | They’ll tell me the narcotraficantes run the parliament, but we should… | 他们会说现在他们是毒贩主政 |
[01:44] | …recertify them as an ally in the drug war. | 但我们应再次确认 他们是反毒战争的盟友 |
[01:47] | It’s pro forma. Better than having them as an enemy in the drug war. | 这只是形式,总比在反毒战争中 与他们为敌的好 |
[01:50] | – You mean calling them an enemy. – I did. | -你是指“称”他们为敌 -是的 |
[01:53] | – You gotta be briefed in person… – Sir, Colonel Weiskopf to see you. | -你要亲自听取简报 -先生,韦斯克夫上校要见你 |
[01:57] | – The deadline for that is today, right? – Yes, sir. | -今天是最后一天,是吗? -是的,先生 |
[02:01] | – Jessie,”left turn, maintain altitude”? – Would you excuse us, please? | -杰西“左转,维持高度”? -能请你们回避一会吗? |
[02:08] | Leo, hang on a second. | 里奥,等一等 |
[02:12] | – What’s the problem on the ground? – No problem on the ground, sir. | -地面上有什么问题? -地面上没问题,先生 |
[02:15] | When we deployed hydraulics, our nose-wheel light didn’t illuminate. | 当我们加压时 飞机的鼻轮灯不亮 |
[02:19] | Chances are, it’s a problem with the light itself. | 应该是灯本身的问题 |
[02:22] | But we have no way of knowing if our front wheels locked. | 但我们却无从得知 飞机的前轮有否被卡住 |
[02:25] | An F-16’s been scrambled from Durbin Air Base. It’ll be here in 22 minutes. | 一架F16战机已紧急升空 二十二分钟后就会到达这里 |
[02:29] | – Then what happens? – They pull alongside to get a visual read. | -然后会怎样? -他们会在我们侧面目测 |
[02:33] | – Then what? – If we don’t have our wheels? | -然后呢? -看我们的轮子有没有下来? |
[02:35] | – Yeah. – There are a number of options. | -好 -我们已准备几种选择方案 |
[02:38] | – Keep me briefed? – Yes, sir. | -随时通知我情况? -是的,先生 |
[02:40] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢你 -谢谢你,总统先生 |
[02:47] | Listen. | 听着 |
[02:49] | We’ve got a problem up here. | 我们这里有麻烦了 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[03:39] | Listen to me. Are you listening? | 听我说,你有在听吗? |
[03:43] | It’s something that sounds worse than it is. | 这种情况 没有他们说的那么严重 |
[03:46] | I can’t tell you how many times this happens. | 我跟你说,这种事常发生 |
[03:49] | It’s a 30-cent piece of plastic. | 就是几毛钱的塑胶出问题 |
[03:51] | It should cost more, don’t you think? | 那应该多花一点钱 你不觉得吗? |
[03:53] | A friend of mine landing a Beechcraft at Teterboro puts down the gear… | 我有个朋友驾驶双引击飞机 在泰伯罗降落时才放起落架 |
[03:57] | … the wheels fall right off the plane. He ditched it. | 轮子就从飞机上掉出来 他就紧急迫降 |
[04:00] | You got more of these stories? | 你还有更多类似的故事吗? |
[04:02] | Oh, yeah, a thousand of them. | 有,上千个 |
[04:04] | Seriously, man, if they dug a grave for me every time I lost an indicator light… | 说真的,如果指示灯故障 就要为我准备墓地的话 |
[04:09] | I’ve got a plane full of reporters up here. | 我这飞机上有一整机的记者在 |
[04:12] | – C.J. will know what to do. – Sir? | -茜洁知道怎么处理 -先生? |
[04:14] | – Well, we’re gonna give it a try. – Good evening, Mr. President. | -我们总要试一试的 -晚安,总统先生 |
[04:17] | Charlie, stay in here, would you? Here’s what’s going on. | 查理,你能留下吗? 情况是这样的 |
[04:21] | The light that indicates that the landing gear is locked didn’t go on… | 起落架指示灯不亮了 |
[04:25] | …which usually indicates a light problem. | 这通常只是 讯号灯出问题而已 |
[04:28] | But what they’re gonna do is, they’ve sent a fighter jet to fly up alongside… | 但是,他们将会派一架战斗机 在旁边飞行 |
[04:32] | …and get visual confirmation it’s down, and then we land. | 为我们目测证实 起落架有正常运作 |
[04:35] | – Here’s the tricky part. – Here’s the tricky part? | -现在有个状况 -有个状况? |
[04:38] | The press can’t know this is going on. There are two issues: | 新闻界不能知道这件事 理由有二: |
[04:41] | One is that the Nikkei’s about to open, the other is national security. | 一是日经指数即将开盘 另一个是国家安全问题 |
[04:45] | We can’t broadcast that Air Force One is up in the air and can’t land. | 我们不能送出 空军一号在天上无法降落的消息 |
[04:50] | They said it’s a ground problem. We’ll stay with that. | 他们已说地面上有问题 我们就照着说 |
[04:52] | What’ll we say when they see an Air Force fighter out their window? | 等他们看到窗外有战机时 我们要怎么说? |
[04:56] | – That’s gonna take some thought. – Okay. | -这得想一想 -好的 |
[04:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:04] | Can you give me some tarmac jargon about what’s happening on the ground? | 你能提供一些专业术语 来解释地面上所发生的事? |
[05:08] | We shouldn’t give them too many details. Let’s say a runway incursion. | 我们不该说得太详细 我们就说跑道积油 |
[05:12] | A maintenance truck caused a fuel spill on the runway they want us to use. | 有辆维修车 在我们要降落的跑道上漏油 |
[05:15] | – Are you all right? – Yeah. | -你还好吗? -是的 |
[05:19] | Ed, Larry, can you talk to Will for a second? | 艾德,赖瑞 你们能和威尔谈一下吗? |
[05:23] | Anybody notice Chris has been on the phone for 20 minutes… | 有人注意到克里斯听了二十分钟电话 却都没有说话? |
[05:26] | …but hasn’t spoken? | |
[05:27] | – Hang on. – Who remembers Dial-A-Joke? | -等一等 -有人想到0204的笑话吗? 制片:尼尔海恩二世 |
[05:29] | C.J., what’s going on? | 茜洁,到底在搞什么? |
[05:31] | A maintenance truck caused a fuel spill on our runway a few minutes ago… | 几分钟前,一辆维修车在 我们要降落的跑道上漏油 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[05:35] | …and they’re cleaning it up. – C.J. | -正在清除中 -茜洁 |
[05:37] | I don’t know how long it’s gonna take. | 我不知道要花多久的时间 |
[05:42] | That was a stringer we use on the lvory Coast. | 我们在象牙海岸的特派员 |
[05:44] | He’s got double confirmation of friendly-fire deaths… | 已双重确认 有件遭自家炮火误击的死亡事件 |
[05:47] | …in Kundu a few hours ago. – Thanks. | -是几小时前在甘杜发生的 -谢谢 |
[05:53] | Signal, this is C.J. Cregg. I need you to page Leo McGarry with a call holding. | 通讯,我是茜洁葛瑞 请帮我联络里奥马加瑞 |
[05:58] | Does it feel like there’s still too much regulation? | 有规定还是太多的感觉吗? |
[06:01] | No. | 没 |
[06:03] | I’m not saying”is there,” I’m saying”does it feel like there is.” | 我不是说“有没有” 我是指“感觉” |
[06:07] | Stop thinking like a Republican. | 别像个共和党员一样 |
[06:09] | – I am a Republican. – And that’s fine. | -我本来就是共和党员 -可以 |
[06:11] | I have nothing with that, I really don’t. I’m just saying stop thinking like one. | 我没什么歧见,真的没有 我只是说不要跟他们一样的想法 |
[06:15] | It’s thinking like one that’s gonna get this bill passed. | 必须制造 可以让这法案通过的感觉 |
[06:18] | If it feels like, in the toxic provision, there’s too much regulation… | 制片:李维林威尔斯 如果给人 毒物条款规定太多的感觉 |
[06:24] | It’s cleaning up Chesapeake Bay. | 是要清洁柴斯皮克海湾 |
[06:25] | It’s not regulation, and regulation is what congressmen do. | 编剧:艾莉亚提,艾伦索金 不是规定,规定是议员做的 |
[06:28] | Not Republican congressmen. We look out for local business. | 不是共和党议员做的 我们是在帮当地生意人着想 |
[06:32] | When the Chesapeake turns fluorescent colors, local business will… | 如果柴斯皮克变成荧光色的水波 对当地生意 导演:洁西卡余 |
[06:36] | …have a bigger concern. – That’s why I support this bill. | -会造成很大的影响 -这是我支持这法案的原因 |
[06:39] | – And why the president’s signing it. – You skipped where the majority votes. | -也是总统签署的原因 -但你忽略多数票关切的重点 |
[06:45] | – I’m asking you again, does it feel too…? – No, it doesn’t… | -再问一次,给人感觉会太? -不,不 |
[06:49] | …feel too regulated. It doesn’t have the texture of the je ne sais quoi… | 不会觉得规定太严 没有那种大政府的 |
[06:55] | – Hey, shut up. …of big government… | -嘿,住口 -繁文褥节感 |
[06:59] | Let’s get back to work. | 继续工作 |
[07:02] | What does”Chesapeake” mean? | “柴斯皮克”代表什么? |
[07:04] | “Big Shellfish Bay.” | “大甲壳海湾” |
[07:06] | – You never spent any time there? – No. | -你没去过那里吗? -没有 |
[07:08] | It’s incredibly beautiful. | 那里的风景真美 |
[07:10] | – Josh. – You ever been there? | -乔西 -你去过那里吗? |
[07:12] | Chesapeake Bay? No. | 柴斯皮克海湾吗?没有 |
[07:15] | There was a fuel spill on the ground at Andrews. | 安德鲁基地的跑道上有漏油 |
[07:19] | They’ve gotta clean it up before he can land. | 他们要清干净,飞机才能降落 |
[07:21] | Man, after an 18-hour flight? | 天,都飞十八小时了? |
[07:24] | I’m heading back to my office. Why don’t you move onto… | 我要回办公室一下 你何不进行到 |
[07:27] | …point/nonpoint source pollution and storm runoff. Back in a few minutes. | 点原和非点原污染 以及雨凝沉降部分,我马上回来 |
[07:33] | They’ve got a problem with landing gear. | 他们的飞机起落架有问题 |
[07:36] | – I know, I wrote the note. – You wrote”landing geak.” | -我知道,字条是我写的 -你写“起落加” |
[07:39] | They’ve got to stay, check it out. | 他们要待在上面,检查状况 |
[07:41] | – They’re saying it’s nothing, right? – They’re saying it’s a light. | -他们说没什么,对吗? -他们说是灯号问题 |
[07:45] | I want the president to look at the Medicaid rules. | 我要请总统看医疗补助条款 |
[07:48] | – I’ll fax them there. – Josh. | -我会传上去给他们 -乔西 |
[07:49] | – Congressmen. – We had a meeting canceled. | -议员 -我们的会议取消了 |
[07:52] | Yeah, they spilled something on the runway. | 是,跑道上有东西没弄干净 |
[07:54] | “Runway incursion,” it’s called. | 这称做“跑道侵入” |
[07:56] | Nothing like flying 8000 miles, then circling the parking lot. | 没有比飞了八千里后 再到处找停机坪更刺激的了 |
[07:59] | – You were with Landis? – I’m sorry? | -你跟蓝帝斯在一起吗? -什么? |
[08:02] | You were working with Tom Landis? | 你跟汤姆蓝帝斯合作吗? |
[08:04] | – Donna… – You want me to fax those? | -唐娜 -你要我传这些吗? |
[08:06] | – And get C.J. on the phone. – Yeah. That’s an R. | -而且请茜洁接电话 -对,我写“架” |
[08:10] | It’s a K. | 你写“加” |
[08:12] | – Chesapeake Bay cleanup. – We talked about this. | -柴斯皮克海湾的清净工程 -我们在讨论这个 |
[08:15] | – It’s nothing. Chesapeake Bay cleanup. – He’s a vulnerable Republican. | -没什么,柴斯皮克湾干净了 -他是气势较弱的共和党员 |
[08:19] | – You’re giving him his seat. – It’s a bipartisan bill, a victory for us. | -你是在送给他席次 -这是两党法案,是我们的胜利 |
[08:22] | An environmental bill. The Republicans hate it. It’s very regulatory. | 共和党员憎恨环保法案 非常严格的 |
[08:26] | I don’t care, his name is on it. | 我不在乎,上面有他的名字 |
[08:28] | He’s delivering Chesapeake Bay to Maryland. They will reelect him. | 他想把柴斯皮克湾送给马里兰州 选民会再选他的 |
[08:32] | I appreciate your thoughts. | 我感谢你的意见 |
[08:34] | You know what some Hill Democrats call the Bartlet reelect? | 你知道有些国会民主党员 将巴特勒的连任称为什么? |
[08:37] | “The lonely landslide.” | “孤独的压倒性胜利” |
[08:39] | There’s a sentiment that the president wanted a Republican congress… | 有一人甚至感慨的说 总统本来就想要共和党的国会 |
[08:42] | – That’s absurd. – Why help one of the most… | -这太荒谬了 -干嘛去帮一个 |
[08:45] | …vulnerable Republicans…? – You’re for divided government. | -气势较弱的共和党员? -你要分化政府 |
[08:48] | Divided government’s what we got. We should go on a hunger strike? | 分化的政府是我们的现状 我们该去绝食抗议吗? |
[08:51] | No, but do you wanna take back the House? | 不,但你想赢回国会席次吗? |
[08:54] | If Hill Democrats don’t think your hearts are in it… | 如果国会的民主党员 不认为你有心 |
[08:56] | Then what? | 那会怎样? |
[08:58] | There’s a reason they’re calling it a lonely landslide. I mean… | 他们称孤独的压倒性胜利 是有理由的,我是指 |
[09:02] | …we’ve talked about this. | 我们讨论过的 |
[09:04] | – Anyway, look, have a good night. – Good night, congressmen. | -总之,晚安 -晚安,议员 |
[09:11] | Toby, they just told me. Donna’s getting C.J. on the phone. | 托比,他们刚告诉我 唐娜联络到茜洁了 |
[09:14] | – I sent Will in my place. – It’s not like they won’t fix it. | -我派威尔代我去 -应该不会修不好 |
[09:17] | – You don’t have to feel guilty about it. – No, thank God I sent Will in my place. | -你不须有罪恶感 -我是感谢上帝,我请威尔代我 |
[09:25] | How long before they know? | 还有多久大家就会知道? |
[09:27] | They’re about five minutes away. | 大概五分钟 |
[09:29] | That’s about all the time C.J. ‘s got to work with… | 茜洁也只有这一点时间了 |
[09:32] | …because there’s a wire-service guy at Andrews right now… | 因为安德鲁基地 有个通讯社的家伙 |
[09:35] | …who records the wheels’ downtime. | 就在那里等着记录登陆的时间 |
[09:37] | Pretty soon, he’ll say, “Show me the spill.” | 他很快就会说 “哪里有一滩漏油?” |
[09:40] | A wire guy on the ground? | 地面上有通讯社的家伙? |
[09:42] | Toby, 20 White House reporters are about to see a supersonic fighter jet… | 托比,二十位白宫记者 将会看到一架超音波战机 |
[09:46] | …200 feet outside their window. It’ll be a story, but he’ll be down by then. | 在离他们窗外二百尺之处 是个大新闻,不过他会下来的 |
[09:52] | A couple of hours ago, we lost five guys in friendly fire in Kundu. | 几小时前,我方有五人 在甘杜遭自家炮火误击 |
[09:58] | – What happened? – A platoon of infantrymen called in… | -发生什么事? -一排步兵 |
[10:01] | …an air strike during live fire training. | 在实弹训练中呼叫空袭行动 |
[10:04] | There was a GPS error, and they became the target. | 因为卫星导航系统的错误 他们不幸成为目标 |
[10:07] | – Oh, God. – I need you to talk to Mark Richardson. | -天啊 -我要你去和马克瑞奇森谈 |
[10:10] | Right away. He’s speaking at Brookings tomorrow… | 马上去,他明天在布鲁金斯演讲 |
[10:13] | …and he’s coming out against U.S. involvement in Kundu. | 他反对美国卷入甘杜的内战 |
[10:16] | – We knew he felt that. – We didn’t know he was… | -我们早知道他的感觉 -我们可不知道 |
[10:18] | …saying so at the Brookings Institution, so let’s see what we can do. | 他会在布鲁金斯学院这样说 看看我们有什么办法应付 |
[10:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:29] | Called in an air raid, and the computer hit them as a target. | 呼进空袭 电脑却设定他们为攻击目标 |
[10:32] | How would you like to have to be the guy who explains that? | 有谁会想要解释这种事 感觉可好? |
[10:36] | Were Simmel and Segal giving you a hard time about the Chesapeake cleanup? | 关于柴斯皮克案 山穆和席格找你麻烦吗? |
[10:39] | – They’re not big fans of mine. – I meant the nuisance of circling… | -他们本来就不喜欢我 -我是指造成此地的不快 |
[10:44] | …when I said,”Thank God I sent Will instead of me.” | 当我说“感谢上帝 我派威尔替我去” |
[10:47] | – Not the other thing. – I knew what you meant. | -没别的意思 -我知道你的意思 |
[10:53] | It’s gonna be on the right side of the plane, and we’ll be near Harper’s Ferry. | 在哈泼斯渡船口附近 会出现在飞机的右边 |
[10:57] | Blue Ridge Mountains, what can we look at? | 蓝脊山脉 有什么我们能看的? |
[11:00] | – At night? – Any lights, fireworks? | -在晚上吗? -有任何灯光秀、烟火? |
[11:01] | It’s Wildflower Week at Shenandoah National Park. Lilacs, ochre, crimson. | 现在是雪兰多国家公园野花周 有黄的、深红的紫丁香 |
[11:05] | – Do they light up? – We’re nowhere near that park. | -他们有点灯吗? -我们无法靠近公园 |
[11:10] | – I was looking at Blue Ridge Mountains. – A festival of lights? | -我看过蓝脊山脉 -有庆典的灯饰吗? |
[11:13] | – Or astronomy? Is there a comet? – C.J., Will. | -或天文?有彗星吗? -茜洁,威尔 |
[11:25] | Yeah, it’s confirmed. | 是,已经证实了 |
[11:28] | Five infantrymen. They’re on their way back. | 五位步兵,已经快送回来了 |
[11:31] | – Have the families been notified? – No, I’m gonna do that on the ground. | -有通知家人了吗? -不,等我降落再打 |
[11:35] | Will, I was supposed to get a Colombia recertification briefing in the car. | 威尔,我本来该在车上 听哥伦比亚再审查的简报 |
[11:40] | – Can you do it up here? – You don’t want someone from State? | -你可以在这里做吗? -你不想叫国务院的人去吗? |
[11:43] | The statute says it’s gotta be in person. | 法令规定要亲自做 |
[11:45] | Yeah, I can do it. What are you certifying? | 是的,我能做简报 你要确认什么? |
[11:48] | That Colombia’s an ally in the drug war. | 确认哥伦比亚是反毒战争的盟友 |
[11:50] | – So, what’s the plan? – Looking for something in the mountains. | -你们打算怎么做? -我们要找山上有的东西 |
[11:55] | – At night? – Something with lights. | -在晚上? -会发光的东西 |
[11:57] | – Is that gonna work? – I don’t see how it possibly can fail. | -管用吗? -我认为不可能会失败 |
[12:00] | All right, let’s get this over with and land. | 好吧,我们一起来克服并降落 |
[12:14] | – It’s time. It’s a minute away. – Okay. | -时候到了,还有一分钟 -好的 |
[12:16] | – Good luck. – Did you say,”good luck”? | -祝你好运 -你说“祝你好运”吗? |
[12:19] | – Yeah. – You’re doing it. | -是的 -是你负责的 |
[12:21] | I screw with them all the time, they won’t buy it from me. | 我常和他们开玩笑 他们不会相信我的 |
[12:24] | Or from anybody. The plane will be close. | 谁来都一样,飞机逼近了 |
[12:26] | It’s not worth a try? Look at my face. | 不值得一试吗?看着我的脸 |
[12:28] | – It’s not worth a try? -“Look at my face”? | -不值得一试吗? -“看着我的脸”? |
[12:30] | – Listen… – I’m going. | -听着 -我去了 |
[12:35] | Hey, listen, everybody. | 大家听我说 |
[12:38] | We’re about to go by something incredible. | 我们即将接近特别的景点 |
[12:40] | You hardly ever get to see this. | 各位难得有机会看到 |
[12:42] | It’s out the left side. | 就在左方 |
[12:44] | – What is it? – You gotta come over to the left side. | -是什么? -你们要到左侧来 |
[12:47] | – Everybody over here. – What are we over? | -大家都过来 -我们在什么的上方? |
[12:49] | The Blue Ridge Mountains. There’s a festival of lights and bonfires here… | 蓝脊山脉 刚好有庆祝的灯光和营火 |
[12:54] | …that accompanies the”wildflower renaissance” with lilac and ochre. | 有紫丁香和黄花 伴随着“野花的复苏”的庆典 |
[13:00] | That you can see from 33,000 feet? | 能从三万三千尺的高度看到吗? |
[13:02] | Yes. It’s arranged in a pattern that befuddles astronomers to this day. | 是的,花圃的安排 会让天文学家也感到痴迷 |
[13:06] | – We should be coming up on it any… – Oh, my God! | -我们应该快要接近 -哦,我的天啊! |
[13:09] | What? | 什么? |
[13:11] | Of course, on the right side of the plane is an F-16 Falcon. | 当然,飞机右侧 是一架F16战机 |
[13:16] | What the hell’s going on? | 到底出什么事了? |
[13:17] | – She’s on our wing. – Have we been attacked? | -它就在我们的机翼旁 -我们被攻击了吗? |
[13:19] | Is that one of ours? | 那我们的战机吗? |
[13:22] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事? |
[13:27] | Signal, this is C.J. Cregg. Shut off the phones in the press cabin. | 通讯,我是茜洁葛瑞 把媒体座舱的电话系统切掉 |
[13:41] | There’s a problem with the plane’s landing gear. | 飞机的起落架有问题 |
[13:51] | – Is it down? – Sorry, sir, we don’t know yet. | -有下来吗? -抱歉,我们还不知道 |
[13:53] | – Why not? – There’s no moon. It’s tough to see. | -为何不知道? -没有月光,很难看清楚 |
[13:58] | – What’s next? – We do a flyby at Andrews, take a look. | -接下来呢? -我们就绕着安德鲁基地转,看清楚 |
[14:01] | – How close do we fly to the tower? – Pretty close. | -我们得离塔台多近? -很近 |
[14:05] | – At what altitude? – Pretty low. | -什么高度? -很低 |
[14:06] | We can’t stay up here for a couple days and wait till there’s a moon? | 我们不能在上面多等几天 直到有月光吗? |
[14:10] | We’ll let the boys in the Falcon poke around a bit first… | 我们会让猎鹰战机里的弟兄 先设法看看 |
[14:13] | …but I want to… – What else? | -但我想告诉你 -还有什么事? |
[14:15] | We’re gonna have to refuel pretty soon. | 我们很快就要补充燃油 |
[14:19] | – Larry, go back and mention that to C.J. – Yes, sir. | -赖瑞,去跟茜洁提这一点 -是的,先生 |
[14:31] | – No one’s in a position to file right now. – Not in a position to…? | -现在没有人能传新闻 -没有人? |
[14:34] | Air Force One isn’t landing and has a military escort. | 空军一号没有降落 并有军机护卫 |
[14:37] | You’d file that, not mention the landing gear? | 你会只写这样,不提起落架吗? |
[14:40] | We’d mention the gear, along with the maintenance truck. | 我们会提到起落架 和维修卡车 |
[14:43] | The truck was to avoid panic. You were gonna know the truth at the end. | 卡车是为了避免造成不安 你们最后还是会知道真相的 |
[14:49] | I won’t broadcast that the president’s plane is in distress. | 我不会发布总统专机有难 |
[14:52] | It creates very real security concerns and happens to be a world-market event. | 如此将造成严重的安全考量 亦将成为全球市场的重大事件 |
[14:56] | – It is a market event. – The story’s embargoed. | -这是个市场上的大事 -这个新闻必须封锁 |
[14:58] | If a cell phone appears, the phone will be confiscated by a steward. | 如果发现手机 将会被空服员没收 |
[15:04] | – They wanna refuel. | – They wanna refuel. -需要加油 -需要加油 |
[15:08] | How do they do that? | 要怎么加? |
[15:10] | Instead of an F-16 coming up next to us… | 不只一架F16战机 在我们旁边 |
[15:12] | …a KC-10 is gonna, well, land on top of us. | 还有一架KC10空中加油机 在我们飞机上方作业 |
[15:16] | They know how to do it. | 他们知道怎么做 |
[15:19] | – They’re gonna do a midair refueling. – What does that mean? | -他们要空中加油 -这是什么意思? |
[15:22] | It means they think we’re gonna be up here a little while longer. | 我们还要再多飞一阵子 |
[15:31] | How long can they stay up there? | 他们能在那里撑多久? |
[15:33] | Theoretically, they can get refueled for months. | 理论上来说 他们能一直加油好几个月 |
[15:35] | – I don’t see that happening. – Me neither. | -可是我不认为会那样 -我也是 |
[15:38] | The Falcon will give them a thumbs-up or thumbs-down. | 猎鹰战机将会 比出姆指朝上或朝下的信号 |
[15:40] | And if it’s thumbs-down, they lay down foam? | 若是朝下,就洒泡沫吗? |
[15:44] | You guys shouldn’t be talking about it out there. | 你们不应该随便谈这个的 |
[15:48] | You want me? | 你找我? |
[15:52] | You had a conversation with Simmel and Segal a little while ago? | 你刚和山穆与席格谈过话吗? |
[15:56] | – About the Chesapeake cleanup. – They’re pissed as hell that Tom Landis… | -关于柴斯皮克案 -他们很讨厌汤姆蓝帝斯 |
[16:00] | …is working in the Roosevelt Room. – He didn’t storm the gate. | -跑到白宫罗斯福厅来关说 -他又不是破门而入的 |
[16:03] | They would’ve preferred that to your opening it. | 他们宁可那样 也不愿见到有人去应门 |
[16:06] | The House is angry we didn’t take back the House. It was their fault, not ours. | 他们很生气我们没拿下国会 这是他们的错,不是我们 |
[16:12] | Stopping all bipartisan legislation is like saying,”Let’s blow up the place. | 停止所有两党合作的立法案件 好比“把这个地方炸掉 |
[16:16] | – Maybe voters will hire us to rebuild it.” – I’m with you. | -也许选民会雇用我们去重建” -我同意 |
[16:20] | But I need you guys to make a small change to Chesapeake. | 但我需要你们在柴斯皮克案 做一些修改 |
[16:24] | – We’re finishing it. What do you need? – The caucus chair and the DCCC… | -我们完成了,你需要什么? -少数党主席和民主党选委会 |
[16:28] | …want revenue enhancements, a dedicated levy from local businesses… | 希望加课当地商业税 增加国家岁收 |
[16:31] | …and binding targets on all the nonpoint source stuff. | 并结合所有非点原污染物质 |
[16:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:38] | It’s about three ways of saying a brand-new tax on local business. | 新的当地商业税法 大约有三种方式 |
[16:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:45] | I’m fine with that. I’m for it. But Tom’s gotta take this back to Republicans. | 我没问题,我支持 汤姆要回去跟共和党商量 |
[16:50] | And we have to take it to Democrats. It’s reasonable. | 我们也必需说服民主党员 这是合理的 |
[16:52] | We put the same provisions in Superfund. | 我们把相同的条款 放入超级基金里 |
[16:55] | Super. What’s going on up there? | 高招,上面出什么事了? |
[16:57] | Margaret, get me the Sit Room. | 玛格丽特,帮我接通简报室 |
[17:00] | The F-16’s having trouble seeing the gear because it’s a moonless night. | F16无法看到起落架 因为今晚没有月光 |
[17:04] | They just took on another four hours’ worth of fuel. | 他们刚刚加了约四小时的油量 |
[17:07] | On one. | 在一线 |
[17:10] | Major. | 少校 |
[17:12] | Are we comfortable any longer with the plane up there by itself? | 让飞机在上面那么久 可以吗? |
[17:19] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[17:21] | And there’s gonna be a wire-service reporter on the ground at Andrews… | 会有个通讯社记者在 安德鲁基地上 |
[17:25] | …who’s gonna start seeing something. Have them spill some fuel out there. | 他将看到一些事情 最好叫人泼一些油 |
[17:29] | Please, on a runway we’re not gonna need. | 请泼在我们用不到的跑道上 |
[17:33] | The president. | 打给总统 |
[17:35] | At least all our friends are gonna have some company now. | 至少我们所有的朋友 现在会有伴了 |
[17:38] | 22nd Tactical Fighter Wing with their missiles armed. | 有第二十二战术战斗机联队 和他们的武装飞弹上去了 (马克瑞奇森议员 (民主党)―纽约) |
[17:51] | – I’m Toby Ziegler. – He’s waiting for you. You can go in. | -我是托比齐格 -他在等你,你可以进去 |
[17:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:05] | Congressman, I have some bad news. One of your constituents died today. | 议员,我有一个坏消息 你的一位选民今天过世 |
[18:10] | Gunnery Sergeant Harold Dokes from Bedford-Stuyvesant. | 来自贝德斯特的 哈诺德杜克士官长 |
[18:14] | It was a friendly-fire accident. | 是遭自家炮火击中的意外 |
[18:17] | Five guys reported fire, and a computer popped their coordinates… | 有五位军人呼叫空袭 但电脑却击中他们的坐标区 |
[18:22] | …and their bodies are being flown here now. | 他们的遗体已在运回途中 |
[18:28] | What did you wanna talk to me about? | 你想跟我说什么? |
[18:30] | Your speech at the Brookings Institution. Are you opposing intervention… | 你在布金斯学会的演讲 你反对介入甘杜 |
[18:35] | …in Kundu because it’s black kids who are doing the dying? | 是因为死的是黑人的孩子吗? |
[18:39] | I oppose intervention in Kundu because I’m waiting for intervention in Brooklyn. | 我反对介入甘杜是因为 我在等待何时介入布鲁克林区 |
[18:44] | But the fact that this is immediate… The mass slaughter of tens of thousands… | 但,这是紧急的 非洲数以万计的 |
[18:49] | …of Africans, which calls for… – I understand what it… | -大屠杀事件,需要 -我了解 |
[18:53] | You ever been to a maximum-security prison? | 你去过重刑犯的监狱吗? |
[18:56] | Maximum, no. | 重刑犯,没有 |
[18:58] | The black kids are dying there too. | 黑人的小孩也死在那里 |
[19:00] | – The lives we’re saving in Kundu… – I wasn’t elected by the lives… | -我们在拯救甘杜的生命 -我不是 |
[19:05] | …we’re saving in Kundu. I was elected by the lives doing the saving. | 被我们在甘杜拯救的人选出的 我是被那些救人的人选出来 |
[19:09] | But you agree there are moral imperatives? | 但你同意人道支援吗? |
[19:12] | If there are moral imperatives, you’ve got to tell me we’re gonna get everybody… | 若有人道支援,你就得说 我们必须从沙乌地开始 |
[19:17] | …beginning with the Saudis. | 拯救每一个人 |
[19:19] | Obviously, we need votes from the Black Caucus next week. | 我们下个星期 需要黑人党团的票 |
[19:23] | Are you telling me it isn’t in the interest of black America…? | 你能说这与 非裔美国人的利益无关吗? |
[19:26] | It is in the interest of working-class America, black, Latino and even white… | 这与美国劳动阶级、黑人 拉丁人甚至白人利益都有关 |
[19:32] | …to be able to choose between more than a McDonald’s or a Marine uniform. | 就是那些只能选择 穿麦当劳或穿海军制服的族群 |
[19:36] | – How is opposing the Peacekeeping Bill…? – I’m not opposing the bill. | -这跟反对维和法案有何? -我不反对这个法案 |
[19:41] | The Black Caucus will stand behind it, but with a proposed amendment. | 黑人党团会支持这个法案 但会提出修正条款 |
[19:47] | – Doing what? – Reinstating the draft. | -做什么? -恢复征兵制 |
[19:50] | The kids in my district will live longer if their fortunes… | 我这选区的孩子可以活得久一点 只要他们的命运 |
[19:54] | …are tied more closely to the fortunes of the kids in Josh Lyman’s district. | 和乔西赖曼选区的孩子们 不要相去太远 |
[19:58] | You wanna draft a million middle-class kids out of spite? | 你想征召一百万中产阶级的孩子 只为了泄恨? |
[20:01] | I don’t wanna draft anybody out of anything. | 我不想为了任何理由 征召任何人 |
[20:04] | I’m just trying to promote some patriotic unity. | 我只是想宣导同等的爱国心 |
[20:08] | Bill! | 比尔! |
[20:10] | – Yes, sir. – Find out when the president… | -是的,先生 -去问总统何时要打电话给 |
[20:12] | …expects to call the parents of Sergeant Harold Dokes. I’ll be next. | 哈诺德杜克士官的父母 我下一个打 |
[20:17] | – Yes, sir. – You want a drink? | -是的,先生 -你想喝一杯吗? |
[20:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:47] | You know what gripes my ass? | 你知道让我烦到 屁滚尿流的是什么吗? |
[20:52] | How you doing? | 你还好吧? |
[20:55] | – Good. – If anything ever happened to me… | -很好 -如果我发生任何不幸 |
[20:57] | …chances are it’s when I’m next to you, and I’m gonna be an”also dead.” | 很大的机率是跟在你身边时 我会只是“也死亡” |
[21:01] | “Senior Bartlet advisor Joshua Lyman killed by a pack of wild dogs. | “巴特勒资深幕僚乔西赖曼 被一群野狗攻击而死 |
[21:06] | Also dead, Diane Moss.” | 唐娜摩斯,也死亡” |
[21:09] | I’m not feeling useful right now. | 我觉得自己现在很没用 |
[21:12] | – I should know how to do more here. – No one’s feeling useful right now. | -我应该多做一些事 -现在没有人认为自己有用的 |
[21:17] | No, you’re doing things. You’re doing something right now. | 不,你现正有在做事 你现在有在做事 |
[21:20] | – What are you doing right now? – What are you doing now? | -你现在在做什么事? -你现在在做什么事? |
[21:23] | Nothing. This is my point. | 没事,这就是我的重点 |
[21:25] | How come you go out with so many Republicans? | 你为什么跟那么多共和党的出去? |
[21:28] | – I don’t. – You do. Cliff, Commander Wonderful… | -我没有 -你有,克里夫、超完美指挥官 |
[21:30] | …Dr. Free-Ride. – I don’t know. I got a good response… | -佛瑞德博士 -不知道,我得到热烈反应 |
[21:33] | …to the ad I put in Roll Call. “Seeking 30-something male… | 我登在《国会报》的广告 “征求三十多岁男性 |
[21:37] | …into emotions to recommit.” I can do more. I wanna learn how. | 进入值得托附的感情世界” 我可以做更多,我想学习 |
[21:43] | Do you know how to lock the landing gear? | 你知道如何收起起落架吗? |
[21:48] | No. | 不知道 |
[21:52] | – Let’s go. You got the…? And the…? – Here. | -快点,你拿了?和? -这里 |
[21:54] | – Thank you. – What does the foam do, exactly? | -谢谢你 -那种泡沫有什么用处? |
[21:57] | – On the runway? – Yeah. | -在跑道上吗? -是的 |
[21:59] | It’s flame-retardant. For fire. | 是耐燃剂,防火的 |
[22:01] | But it’s not impact-retardant, is it? I mean, the plane would still… | 但不是防冲撞的? 我是指,飞机还是会 |
[22:05] | …coming out of the sky at some velocity, have to land on concrete. | 以某种速度 从天空结结实实的降落 |
[22:08] | You can take this back to the office. Any movement? | 你可以把这个拿回办公室 有任何状况吗? |
[22:12] | – No. – He knows about the kid from Bed-Stuy? | -没有 -他知道贝德斯特那个孩子吗? |
[22:14] | Yeah, he’s got a long list of kids from Bed-Stuy. | 是,他有一长串 来自贝德斯特的名单 |
[22:17] | The Black Caucus will back the bill if we back reinstating the draft. | 如果我们支持征兵制 黑人党团会支持法案 |
[22:22] | – He’s going through with that stunt? – Yeah. | -他要玩这种招术吗? -是的 |
[22:25] | The Left’s come full circle, hasn’t it? By the way, draftees aren’t as well-trained. | 左派全力反扑,是吗? 征召军人不易训练 |
[22:30] | It’s why there were so many casualties in Vietnam. | 所以越战才会造成严重伤亡 |
[22:33] | – Right. Also, the Vietcong. – Plus that. | -是,越共也是 -加上越共 |
[22:37] | – What if we said we’d allow debate? – It’s a stunt, and Kundu is for real. | -如果我们答应辩论呢? -这是一招,甘杜是实例 |
[22:41] | We can’t get involved. Talk to OMB and find out what we can give him. | 我们不能涉入,和预算局谈 看我们能给他什么 |
[22:45] | Wake somebody up, I gotta go meet with Nancy. | 去吵醒某人 我要去见南西了 |
[22:53] | Is cocaine production in Colombia up or down? | 哥伦比亚的可卡因产量 上升或下降? |
[22:55] | It’s up 200 percent. | 上升百分之两百 |
[22:58] | And how many of our extradition requests have been honored? | 有多少我们要求的逃犯 被引渡回国? |
[23:03] | None. | 没有 |
[23:05] | – None? – No, there was… | -没有? -没有,我们有 |
[23:07] | – Yes, none. – Any good news? | -对,没有 -有好消息吗? |
[23:09] | – Anything we can hang our hat on? – Their attorney general reported that… | -什么能提高士气的? -他们的首席检察官报告 |
[23:13] | …their narcotics people stole $2 million of antidrug money. | 他们那些毒贩 偷了两百万反毒的经费 |
[23:16] | – That’s good news? – Usually, they don’t report it. | -这算好消息吗? -因为他们通常不报告的 |
[23:20] | What did they spend it on? If you tell me cocaine… | 他们怎么花这些钱? 若你跟我说是可卡因 |
[23:22] | – No, sir, vacations. – So I recertify them in recognition… | -不,先生,渡假 -所以我等于再确认 |
[23:26] | …that they took our money and went to SeaWorld. | 他们有资格拿我们的钱 去海洋世界玩 |
[23:29] | – And reported it. – All right, leave that stuff with me. | -而且还提出正式报告 -好,把文件留给我 |
[23:33] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[23:43] | You want one? | 你要一瓶吗? |
[23:44] | – You want a beer? – No, thanks. | -你要啤酒吗? -不,谢谢 |
[23:47] | – It’s gonna be fine. – What do you mean? | -会没事的 -什么意思? |
[23:50] | – I know you’re afraid of flying. – I’m not. | -我知道你害怕飞行 -我没有 |
[23:52] | – I can tell. – Four hours of fuel they took. | -我能感觉到 -他们加了四个小时的油 |
[23:55] | – You know it was there? – He’s afraid of flying. | -你知道有飞机来加过油吗? -他惧怕飞行 |
[23:57] | – I’m not. – It’s okay, you’re afraid of flying. | -我没有 -你害怕飞行没关系的 |
[24:00] | I am not. I’m not afraid of flying. | 我没有,我不害怕 |
[24:02] | – I experience flying. – Why sign up for the Air Force Reserve? | -我飞过 -为什么去签空军后备军官? |
[24:06] | For a lot of reasons, and one was the romance of flight, but I got over that. | 很多理由,一个是飞行的浪漫 但我已经梦醒了 |
[24:10] | I never thought that would happen. | 我从没想过会发生这种事 |
[24:13] | But these guys practice hard landings all the time. This isn’t a big deal. | 这些人常练习高难度降落 不是大问题 |
[24:25] | – Hey, everybody. How’s it going in here? – Good. | -嘿,这里还好吧? -很好 |
[24:28] | – How’s it going up there? – I don’t know why… | -上面如何? -我不知道为什么 |
[24:31] | …it’s taking so long to clean fuel up off a runway. It must be… | 要花那么久的时间 清除跑道上的油,一定是 |
[24:34] | – Can’t use another runway? – Guess not. | -不能用另一个跑道吗? -我猜不能 |
[24:37] | How about landing at Dulles? | 那降落在杜勒斯机场呢? |
[24:39] | I’m sure that’s what they’re gonna do if they… You know. | 我相信他们会这么做 如果他们你知道 |
[24:43] | I wanna read over what we got, but we’re all done here except… | 我要念目前的文件 我们全都好了,不过 |
[24:48] | …the Caucus chair wants to add revenue enhancements. | 少数党主席希望增加岁收 |
[24:52] | – The chair wants revenue enhancements? – Yeah. | -主席希望增加国家岁收吗? -是 |
[24:55] | – A tax on local business. – A dedicated levy. | -当地商业税 -专用税 |
[24:57] | – That’s a tax. – Yeah. | -那是税 -是的 |
[25:00] | – From the Caucus chair or the DCCC? – Both. | -是少数党或民主党选委会的意思? -都有 |
[25:03] | The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee wants a tax? | 民主党国会选委会希望课税? |
[25:06] | We can find more offsets. There’s a way to do this. | 我们能找更多可补偿的款项 这是一种方法 |
[25:10] | You guys wanna pass this or not? | 你们到底要不要通过? |
[25:12] | Of course. Whatever Republican votes we may lose… | 当然,不管共和党投什么 我们也许都会输 |
[25:15] | …we’ll make up on the other side. – It’s not gonna get out of Committee. | -我们可以拿别的地方来补 -这法案走不出委员会的 |
[25:20] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:22] | Yes, it will. You gotta find more offsets and more ways to bury them. | 会的,你要找更多补偿款项 用更多方法去补足 |
[25:28] | It’s 18 million to clean up Chesapeake Bay. It’s nothing. | 一千八百万的柴斯皮克海湾 清净方案,没多少 |
[25:33] | – It’s watershed management. – Yes. | -这是流域管理 -是的 |
[25:37] | Leo wants you to call these members of the Congressional Black Caucus. | 里奥要你打给国会黑人党团 这些成员 |
[25:41] | They just walked off the Kundu Peacekeeping Bill. | 他们刚刚反对甘杜维和法案 |
[25:44] | And to work with Airlift Ops on Angel maintenance procedures. | 还要和航空作业小组 研究天使维修的程序 |
[25:47] | We’re gonna need it when they land. | 等他们降落后会有需要的 |
[25:49] | What are Angel maintenance procedures? | 什么是天使维修程序? |
[25:52] | Angel is the code word for Air Force One. | 天使是空军一号的代号 |
[25:55] | – I didn’t know that. – C.J. ‘s gonna be answering questions… | -我不知道 -茜洁将得回答 |
[25:58] | …about maintenance procedures. She’ll need briefing. | 关于维修程序的问题 她需要做简报 |
[26:01] | Why didn’t I know that Ops calls the plane Angel? | 为什么我不知道作业小组 称那架飞机为天使? |
[26:04] | I usually deal with them. | 我经常和他们接触 |
[26:06] | All right, well, deal with them now. | 好的,现在就去和他们接触 |
[26:08] | – No, not on this. – Yeah. | -不,不是这件事 -是的 |
[26:10] | I talk to them about people’s luggage. | 我只是和他们谈过行李问题 |
[26:12] | We don’t have a luggage problem. Call your guys at Airlift Ops. | 我们没有行李问题 跟你在航空作业小组的人接触 |
[26:15] | Say they gotta educate the press secretary on maintenance procedures… | 跟他们说,等天使降落后 必须教育 |
[26:19] | …as soon as Angel’s on the ground. | 发言人维修程序的知识 |
[26:22] | Karen. Make these phone calls for Josh, please. | 凯伦,帮乔西打这些电话 |
[26:25] | Leo, how many times has the Black Caucus, on retreats, at dinners…? | 里奥,黑人党团参加多少次 招待、晚宴? |
[26:33] | There was a dinner two years ago where the vice chairs pulled a map of Africa. | 两年前有个晚宴 那位副主席打开非洲地图 |
[26:38] | They wanted Africa as a priority. Now they’re making me look like an idiot. | 他们希望非洲优先 现在他们却让我像个大白痴 |
[26:43] | – Mark’s got a tough district. – Now they want Brooklyn as a priority. | -马克的选区也很艰困 -现在他们希望以布鲁克林为优先 |
[26:47] | When did they become Smoot and Hawley? Hang on a second. | 他们何时变成保护主义者了? 等一等 |
[26:52] | Jessie Weiskopf’s coming down, and he ain’t smiling. | 杰西韦斯克夫下来了 他脸上没有笑容 |
[26:55] | Sir, they can’t get a visual read. We’ll go ahead with the flyby at Andrews. | 先生,他们无法进行目测 还是要利用安德鲁基地 |
[26:59] | – Okay. And how long will this take? – About an hour and 15 minutes. | -好,要花多久的时间? -大概一小时十五分 |
[27:04] | – An hour and 15? Where are we? – Over central Tennessee. | -一小时十五分?我们在哪里? -田纳西州中部 |
[27:06] | They took us off the jet routes. | 他们要带我们离开喷射机航线 |
[27:08] | All right. Pretty soon, though, we gotta stop just flying around. | 好的,很快地 我们就不用飞来飞去了 |
[27:13] | – This is qualifying as space travel now. – What’s going on? | -这符合所谓的太空之旅 -发生什么事? |
[27:18] | The Falcon couldn’t get a visual read, so we’ll buzz the tower at Andrews. | 战机不能目测,我们 要转向安德鲁的塔台 |
[27:24] | Weiskopf says it’s gonna be an hour and 15. | 韦斯克夫说大概要一小时十五分 |
[27:27] | I’m gonna call the families from up here, of the five guys. | 我要从这里打给 那五位罹难者的家人 |
[27:30] | – We’ll send up the numbers. – Thanks. | -我们会送上电话号码 -谢谢 |
[27:32] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 |
[27:35] | They’re gonna fly by the tower at Andrews. | 他们要飞近安德鲁基地的塔台 |
[27:37] | My question about the foam is that the steel is still landing on concrete. | 我对泡沫的质疑是 钢铁仍然具体的降落了 |
[27:43] | They have their back wheels. | 他们的飞机有后轮 |
[27:46] | Can you get me C.J.? | 能帮我接茜洁吗? |
[27:54] | – Will. – Yes, sir. | -威尔 -是,先生 |
[27:57] | I’m gonna call the families now. They’ll send up some information. | 我现在要打给那些家人 他们要送一些资料来 |
[28:01] | – Can you help me out? – Yes, sir. | -你能帮我吗? -是的,先生 |
[28:03] | Just give this to C.J. You should read it on the way. | 把这给茜洁,你也应该看一下 |
[28:06] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[28:08] | Do me a favor, find out what happens if I don’t certify Colombia. | 帮个忙,去查查 如果我不确认哥国会出什么事 |
[28:12] | Find out what happens if I decertify Colombia. | 如果我取消哥国的资格 会出什么事 |
[28:14] | – Really? – If I’m up here, I should do something. | -真的吗? -反正我人在这,我就该做些事 |
[28:17] | – Yes, sir. – The flyby’s gonna take an hour and 15. | -是的,先生 -绕行时间大约一小时十五分 |
[28:21] | – Would you tell C.J.? – Yes, sir. | -你能告诉茜洁吗? -是的,先生 |
[28:34] | C.J.? If there is an issue of national security… | 茜洁?如果这是一件 国安问题 |
[28:39] | – There is. – Isn’t it a national issue for everyone? | -原本就是 -那不也关系到地面上所有的人吗? |
[28:42] | Meaning, turn on the phones. | 总之,接通该死的电话线 |
[28:44] | Ask Steve what time it is. It’ll crack you up. | 问史提夫现在几点 一定会让你哈哈大笑 |
[28:46] | How is it a threat to anyone on the ground? | 这对地面上的人 会是多大的威胁? |
[28:49] | Air Force One doesn’t break all by itself. | 空军一号不会无缘无故坏掉的 |
[28:51] | Somewhere, they’re talking about the possibility the plane was sabotaged. | 他们在谈飞机 遭人为破坏的可能性 |
[28:55] | – By screwing with the wheel? – If the problem’s a leak in hydraulics… | -用破坏轮子的方法吗? -如果直接让油压系统有漏洞 |
[28:58] | …they recycle the gear, the plane’ll blow up. | 他们循环起落架时 飞机就会爆炸了 |
[29:01] | No, you’re right, I should definitely let you use the phones. | 不,你是对的 我的确应该让你使用电话 |
[29:07] | We’re gonna do a flyby at Andrews. This thing’s almost over. | 我们就要飞到安德鲁 这件事快结束了 |
[29:22] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[29:24] | – Hey. – What are you doing? | -嘿 -你在做什么? |
[29:27] | – Did OMB have anything? – Budget doesn’t have what Mark wants. | -预算局有什么吗? -预算局没有马克要的东西 |
[29:31] | He can call OMB himself. | 他自己就可以联络预算局 |
[29:33] | Leo, let’s say we study some version of his amendment. | 里奥,就说我们研究 他的一些修正版本 |
[29:37] | – We’ll look ridiculous. – It’s not ridiculous. | -我们会变成很可笑 -不可笑 |
[29:39] | – It’s a stunt. – It is, but it’s not ridiculous. | -这是个计谋 -是的,但并不离谱 |
[29:42] | – We say we’re gonna study the draft… – There’ll never be a draft. | -我们说我们会研究征兵 -但永远不会有征兵 |
[29:45] | He wants the debate. We want our peacekeeping appropriation. | 他想辩论,我们想让 我们的维和法案过关 |
[29:49] | – Everyone’s happy. – Hardly anyone’s happy. | -每个人都高兴 -恐怕无法让每个人高兴 |
[29:51] | The president’s gonna study, reinstate… We’re for peacekeeping in Kundu. | 总统将研究恢复 我们是为了甘杜的维和方案 |
[29:55] | – Mark’s point is who… – I know Mark’s point. | -马克的重点是谁 -我知道马克的重点 |
[29:57] | – People who got nowhere else to go. – They go for advancement. | -就是没有地方可去的人们 -他们加入是为了有更好的生活 |
[30:06] | The five guys on their way home didn’t advance very far, is Mark’s point. | 那五位牺牲者并没有得到更好的生活 这是马克的重点 |
[30:13] | It was a computer error, Toby. | 是电脑失误,托比 |
[30:16] | Yeah, I know. | 是,我知道 |
[30:20] | Find out what”considering the amendment” has to look like… | 找出“正在考虑修正” 必须有什么内容 |
[30:23] | …in order for the Black Caucus to stay on board. | 才能让黑人政党留下 |
[30:29] | I will. Thank you. | 我会的,谢谢你 |
[30:41] | Decertifying Colombia triggers automatic economic or trade sanctions. | 撒消哥国的资格会造成 自主经济或贸易制裁 |
[30:45] | – We lose some money. – Yes. | -我们会损失一些钱 -是的 |
[30:47] | The State Department feels… | 国务院认为 |
[30:48] | …the president’s credibility with his legislature… | 总统在立法机关的信誉 |
[30:51] | …is based on his ties with the U.S., which would be significantly damaged. | 基于他与美国政府的各项衔接 此举将使此信誉严重受损 |
[30:55] | Right, but I’m more concerned with our credibility. | 对,但我更关心我们的信用 |
[30:58] | He told me at the Summit of the Americas… | 他在美洲国家高峰会 告诉我 |
[31:00] | …that he’d work toward crop diversification. | 他会致力于农作物的多样化 |
[31:03] | Did he mean opium and coca? | 他指的难道是鸦片和古柯叶吗? |
[31:05] | They asked that I remind you that his opponent in the last election… | 他们要我提醒你 上次选举,他的对手 |
[31:09] | …took campaign cash from the cartels, and if we weaken the president… | 从各政治集团拿了选举的钱 如果我们减弱该总统的势力 |
[31:13] | …we could get a reactionary. – He’s not helping us… | -正好是反动派的期望 -他没有在帮助我们 |
[31:16] | …so why should I give him political cover? | 所以我干嘛要给他政治庇护? |
[31:18] | Listen, I’m serious. | 听着,我是认真的 |
[31:20] | What would happen if I don’t recertify Colombia? | 如果我不再确认哥伦比亚的资格 后果会如何? |
[31:24] | Well… | 这个 |
[31:26] | …actually, you can’t. – I can’t what? | -事实上,你不能了 -我不能什么? |
[31:29] | Can’t not recertify. They’ll be automatically recertified. | 不能不再确认 会自动再确认的 |
[31:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[31:36] | – Because the deadline was midnight… – It has to be delivered. | -因为期限是午夜 -文件一定要送达 |
[31:41] | – The actual paper? – That’s what the Counsel’s… | -白纸黑字的文件吗? -就是律师的 |
[31:44] | – This is how the world works? – How recertification works. | -这就是世界运行的方法吗? -是再确认的运行方法 |
[31:47] | I want this plane to land! | 我要这架飞机降落! |
[31:55] | Did it work? | 有效吗? |
[32:01] | – All right, thanks. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -好,谢谢 -谢谢你,总统先生 |
[32:18] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我吗? |
[32:20] | The Chesapeake cleanup isn’t gonna happen. | 柴斯皮克清洁方案 不会实现 |
[32:25] | – At all? – It’s not gonna come out of Committee. | -一点希望都没吗? -不会过委员会这关 |
[32:28] | Because of the revenue enhancements? | 因为增加税吗? |
[32:31] | – I think a little of everything. – What happened? | -我想了一下前因后果 -发生什么事? |
[32:34] | They weren’t wild about it in the first place. | 首先,他们这件事没那么热衷 |
[32:39] | Deaver didn’t like that Landis was working so closely with you. | 迪佛不喜欢蓝帝斯和你走太近 |
[32:42] | Those two idiots told the Republicans? They were already pissed at him. | 那两个白痴去跟共和党人说吗? 他们对他已经很火了 |
[32:46] | He’s vulnerable, and they want his seat. | 他气势较弱 他们想要他的席次 |
[32:50] | We take back the House, there’s any number… Mileage standards… | 我们抢回国会 用一些里程数标准值 |
[32:55] | …reauthorize CWA, many things we can do that help the environment more. | 或再授权净水法案这类的 来为环保尽力 |
[32:59] | Should the president open a pizzeria while Republicans have Congress? | 共和党拥有国会 不如叫总统去卖披萨算了? |
[33:03] | We’ve got peacekeeping appropriations next week. | 维和法案下星期一定要拨款 |
[33:05] | I don’t wanna get into it over $ 18 million for Chesapeake Bay. | 我不想因为一千八百万的 柴斯皮克海湾失败 |
[33:09] | We’re gonna lose an ally in Landis. | 我们会失去蓝帝斯这位盟友 |
[33:13] | One way or another, I think we’re gonna lose Landis. | 无论如何 我想我们都会失去蓝帝斯 |
[33:20] | I say the two parties can’t get together on anything. | 这两党无法在一起做任何事 |
[33:26] | The pizzeria thing was funny. | 披萨的事很有趣 |
[33:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:33] | – I was just coming down to see you. – I just needed Leo for a second. | -我正想来见你 -我来跟里奥谈一下 |
[33:37] | Angel has maintenance every day whether the plane’s flying or not. | 不管飞不飞 天使号每天都进行维修 |
[33:41] | Every 154 days, the plane’s completely taken apart… | 每隔154天 飞机会完全解体 |
[33:44] | …and put back together again. 24 hours before wheels-up… | 再装回去 起飞前二十四小时 |
[33:47] | …fuel is sealed in a tank truck, guarded by sharpshooters. | 燃油得密封在油罐车里 由狙击兵看守 |
[33:50] | One hour before wheels-up, Air Force specialists analyze fuel for purity… | 起动前一小时 空军一号专家会分析燃料纯度 |
[33:54] | …and the right levels of octane and water. | 辛烷和水的正确数值 |
[33:56] | The wiring is shielded to protect it from a thermonuclear blast. | 配线都被安全的包里 以防高热核爆 |
[34:01] | To sabotage it, you have to get by 48 members of the Airlift Security Unit… | 要搞破坏的话,你要能够 联合四十八位航空安全人员 |
[34:05] | …or join the maintenance crew, which takes 12 years after a 2-year check. | 或加入维修人员,这得经历两年 的身家调查,然后做十二年 |
[34:09] | – What do they think happened? – A light didn’t work. | -他们认为是什么事? -就是灯号不亮 |
[34:12] | – Why? – I asked them. | -为什么? -我问过他们 |
[34:13] | – What did they say? – That sometimes lights don’t work. | -他们说什么? -有时灯号就是不会亮 |
[34:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:26] | – Hey. Air Force One gonna land? – Pretty soon. | -嘿,空军一号要降落了吗? -快了 |
[34:31] | Can I just ask, out of curiosity, what point was Hoynes alerted? | 我很好奇,何尼斯 是什么时候被告知的? |
[34:36] | As soon as Andrews waves off the plane. | 只要安德鲁基地拒绝飞机降落 |
[34:38] | Would you guys mind? Could you give us the room for a second? | 你们介意吗? 你们可以先出去一下吗? |
[34:49] | What? | 什么? |
[34:51] | Democrats want a tax on clams? | 民主党员要征蛤蜊税? |
[34:53] | It’s not the Democrats, it’s the Republicans. | 不是民主党员,是共和党员 |
[34:56] | – It’s not gonna happen. – What do you mean? | -不可能的 -你是什么意思? |
[34:58] | It’s not gonna get out of Committee. The White House will pull its support. | 案子无法走出委员会 白宫不会支持 |
[35:02] | But there’s room in the EPA and Interior budgets. | 环保署和内部预算 还有空间 |
[35:05] | – Room for everything but my name? – Yeah. | -每件事都有空间,除了我名字? -是的 |
[35:09] | You guys are really gonna go after the seat next time? | 你们下次真的要争取席位吗? |
[35:12] | So are the Republicans, Tom. You’ll probably have a primary challenge. | 共和党员也是,汤姆 你大概会有重大的挑战 |
[35:16] | If you keep squeezing out… | 若你继续压迫 |
[35:17] | …the liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats… | 自由的共和党员 和保守的民主党员 |
[35:21] | That’s who’s beatable. | 就是可以打败的对象 |
[35:23] | If I’m running scared, I run to the right. That’s where the money is. | 若我被吓跑,我就往右跑 钱在那边 |
[35:28] | This was something that was never in my lap the right way. | 我的腿就是无法往右靠 |
[35:36] | A friend of mine’s a comedian. He was doing his standup here in town. | 我的朋友是位喜剧演员 他在这里表演脱口秀 |
[35:41] | People from the German Consulate came down to see him… | 德国领事馆的人来看他 |
[35:44] | …and they came backstage afterwards, and they said to him: | 之后他们去后台 他们对他说 |
[35:48] | “How come we don’t have anyone as funny as you back home?” | “为何我们国家 没有像你这么有趣的人” |
[35:51] | My friend said, “Because you killed them all.” | 我朋友说 “因为你们把他们杀光了” |
[35:56] | Well, that’s a bit of an overstatement. | 这有点夸张 |
[35:59] | – Isn’t it? – Maybe. | -不是吗? -也许 |
[36:05] | Thanks for the work. | 谢谢你的努力 |
[36:09] | You should really come to Chesapeake Bay. It’s incredibly beautiful. | 你应该来柴斯皮克海湾走走 那里真的很美 |
[36:16] | I will. | 我会的 |
[36:26] | – He said I should come in. – Yeah. | -他说我应该进来 -是的 |
[36:32] | “The president does not think we should reinstate the draft… | “总统不认为 我们应该恢复征兵 |
[36:35] | …nor does he intend to do so… | 他也不准备这么做 |
[36:38] | …but he respects Chairman Richardson as a leader… | 但他尊敬瑞奇森主席 作为一位领导人 |
[36:41] | …and is eager to hear what he has to say and to engage in thorough debate.” | 也渴望经由完整的辩论 倾听他坚持的理念” |
[36:45] | – What’s that? – What C.J. will say tomorrow… | -那是什么? -明天茜洁将如何 |
[36:48] | …for the votes of the Black Caucus on peacekeeping in Kundu. | 针对黑人党团 对甘杜维和的投票发言 |
[36:52] | – It’s not gonna screw you too much? – No, it’ll screw us the regular amount. | -你们不会被整惨吗? -不会,只是适度被整 |
[36:59] | This isn’t new. The Union Army had a draft… | 这已不是新闻了 北军就曾经征兵 |
[37:01] | …that you could buy yourself out for for $300. | 当年花三百元就能脱身 |
[37:04] | The money came in handier than the soldiers. | 钱比军人更容易进来 |
[37:07] | Yeah, but I don’t think that was my point. | 是的,但这不是我的重点 |
[37:10] | If you have money, you have a greater life expectancy. | 如果你有钱 你就能期待较好的生活期待 |
[37:13] | You’re gonna have better health care, better shelter, better lawyers. | 你会有较好的医疗照顾 较好的住所,有较好的律师 |
[37:17] | And if you’ve got today’s equivalent of $300… | 今天你若有等同 当年三百块的钱 |
[37:20] | …you get to be united behind the war effort without actually fighting the war. | 你就会在幕后团结奉献 而不需真正上战场 |
[37:25] | And you’re one of my constituents too, so I shouldn’t have to tell you that. | 你也是我的选民 我应该不用跟你说这些 |
[37:29] | You don’t, congressman, I was just on the job tonight. | 没错,议员 我今晚是有任务在身来的 |
[37:36] | What was your lottery number? | 你的军借号码几号? |
[37:38] | One twenty-five. It was the last six months of the draft. | 是那次征兵最后六个月中的 |
[37:42] | It went up to 90 that year. | 那一年提高到90 |
[37:43] | But I didn’t have the 300 bucks. | 但当时我身上没有三百块 |
[37:48] | I’m gonna call Sergeant Dokes’ family now. | 我现在要打给寇克中士的家人 |
[37:55] | – I’d like to stay, if you don’t mind. – No, but stay standing. | -若你不介意,我想待在这里 -可以,但别坐下 |
[38:00] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[38:19] | – Are we near the tower? – Gear’s down. | -我们接近塔台了吗? -起落架下来了 |
[38:21] | – What? – They got the indicator light. | -什么? -指示灯又亮了 |
[38:23] | They recycled the gear, and the light went on this time. We’re landing. | 他们重新启动 这次灯亮了,我们正在降落 |
[38:28] | I was the one who said it first. | 我是先说的人 |
[38:32] | Signal, this is C.J. Cregg. Please turn the phones back on in the press cabin. | 我是茜洁葛瑞 请将媒体座舱的电话接通 |
[38:39] | We’re landing. We got an indicator light. You should feel free to file. | 我们正在下降,指示灯亮了 你们随时可以传送新闻了 |
[38:43] | Thank you all very much. | 非常谢谢你们 |
[38:53] | – Thank you, C.J. | – Thank you, C.J. -谢谢你,茜洁 -谢谢你,茜洁 |
[38:55] | – C.J., thank you. – Thank you, C.J. | -茜洁,谢谢你 -谢谢你,茜洁 |
[38:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[39:04] | – You heard? – Yeah. | -你听到了? -是的 |
[39:06] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[39:15] | Why did you ask about the front wheel before asking if it was the front wheel? | 之前你为什么在问前轮? 你问过,是否是前轮的问题? |
[39:19] | If you have the rear wheels, you can try a hard landing… | 如果有后轮的话 就能设法进行高难度降落 |
[39:22] | …to come down hard on the back wheels to whack the front into place. | 可以靠后轮重重的降落 让前面稳住 |
[39:26] | – To whack it into place? – Yes. | -重重的让前面稳住? -是 |
[39:29] | – I’m happy I didn’t have that information. – Hit it wrong, the plane breaks in half. | -我很高兴我没收到这种资讯 -出差错的话,飞机会断成两截 |
[39:36] | – It just suddenly worked? – The gear? | -是突然就好了吗? -起落架吗? |
[39:37] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. -是的 -是的 |
[39:39] | I’m not sure I’m good at living in a world where that’s possible. | 我不确定我在此不安的情况 能有好表现 |
[39:43] | But you are. | 但你表现得很好 |
[39:45] | I imagined myself destitute, I imagine myself unlucky in love… | 我想到自己的贫乏 想到自己爱情的不顺 |
[39:49] | …but I never imagine my life would be in danger with uncommon frequency. | 但我从未想到我的生活 会陷入此等不寻常的危险 |
[39:58] | – Feels a little good, doesn’t it? – No. | -感觉不错,不是吗? -不 |
[40:00] | – Yes, it does. – I’ll make jokes when this is over. | -会,会的 -等这件事真结束后,我会开玩笑 |
[40:07] | Ladies and gentlemen, this is Colonel Weiskopf. | 各位女士、各位先生 我是韦斯克夫上校 |
[40:11] | From the hollering, you’ve heard we have an indicator light on our landing gear… | 从欢呼声得知,各位都听到 我们的指示灯亮了 |
[40:17] | … and we are cleared for landing at Andrews Air Force Base. | 我们已准备降落在 安德鲁空军基地 |
[40:21] | Our total flight time has been 22 hours and 13 minutes, using three flight crews. | 我们飞行时间是二十二小时 又十三分,有三组机组人员 |
[40:28] | We will have traveled 10,700 air miles on our return trip… | 我们回程 共飞行一万七百英里 |
[40:33] | … a significant portion of that over West Virginia and Tennessee. | 其中有一大部分是在 西维吉尼亚和田纳西州上方 |
[40:37] | White House staff informs us that, while airborne, three pieces of legislation… | 白宫官员通知我们 在飞行时,有三件立法案 |
[40:42] | … have been negotiated and initialed by the president. | 获取总统的协商与签署生效 |
[40:45] | We’ve had an engagement, a birthday, Colombia was recertified in our drug war. | 我们有一个结盟案、一个新案 哥国与我们的反毒案也再度确认 |
[40:52] | I hope you won ‘t consider this time we’ve spent together a waste. | 希望各位不要认为我们 这次的相处白白浪费了 |
[40:55] | And now I’m being handed… Hang on just one moment… | 现在我有消息进来 请等一等 |
[41:02] | Ladies and gentlemen, they’re gonna move us to runway three-niner. | 各位女士、各位先生 他们将引导我们到三号跑道 |
[41:06] | There’s a strong wind shift under 10,000 feet, so Andrews has asked us… | 一万尺之下将有强风 所以安德鲁要求我们 |
[41:10] | … to abandon our descent and maintain our current altitude. | 暂时不要下降并保持目前高度 |
[41:15] | I’m sure we’ll be down in no time now. | 我相信我们很快就可以降落了 |