时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | Zoey is here. She’s starting Georgetown in the spring. | 柔依在这里 她春天就要去乔治城大学就读 |
[00:12] | How would you feel about my going on a date with Zoey? | 你觉得我和柔依约会如何? |
[00:15] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉? |
[00:16] | – Stop pursuing me. – Respectfully, no. | -不要再追我了 -我尊重,但恕难从命 |
[00:20] | – She likes having her picture taken. – She doesn’t like it. | -她喜欢拍照 -她不喜欢 |
[00:22] | She doesn’t mind having it taken with me. | 她不介意和我一起拍照 |
[00:25] | He may be good-looking and rich and well-schooled and French royalty… | 他也许长得好看,有钱 又受过良好教育,还是法国皇族 |
[00:28] | …and live basically in a castle, but… Oh, God. | 而且住在城堡里,但 哦,天啊 剧名:未见之事的确据 在春分 |
[00:39] | At the exact moment of the equinox. | (星期五晚上) 或秋分的一个特定时刻 |
[00:41] | – Doesn’t work. – It does work. It has to be… | -不管用 -管用,一定要 |
[00:44] | …the exact moment. – Doesn’t work. | -要在一特定的时刻 -不管用 |
[00:46] | – I’ve seen it. – I tried it. It doesn’t work. | -我看过 -我试过,不管用 |
[00:48] | – You didn’t do it at the exact moment. – I did. | -你没在正确的那一刻做 -我有 |
[00:51] | – When? – Last September. | -什么时候? -去年九月 |
[00:53] | – That was the autumnal equinox. – It only works for the vernal equinox? | -那是秋分 -只在春分有用吗? |
[00:57] | – Yeah. – What’s more likely? | -是的 -较可能是何时呢? |
[00:58] | – It doesn’t work? – Right. | -你的完全不管用? -对 |
[01:00] | It does. I’ve seen it. | 有用,我看过 |
[01:01] | We’ve got pastrami from Krupin’s. It’s tissue-paper thin. | 我们有古宝的�`牛肉 像面纸那么薄 |
[01:05] | Roast beef, corned beef, turkey, Russian dressing, coleslaw and seedless rye. | 烤牛肉、腌牛肉、火鸡、蛋黄酱 生菜沙拉、和裸麦面包 |
[01:10] | And winning the money of your coworkers. | 以及赢取同事的钱 |
[01:13] | This is what I call a night off. Squeeze this piece of rye bread. | 这才是我所谓休闲的一夜 捏捏这片裸麦面包 |
[01:19] | Now what do I do? | 然后要做什么? |
[01:21] | – Excuse me, Leo? – Yeah. | -抱歉,里奥? -是 |
[01:26] | Something true at vernal equinox would also be true… | 春分能成功的事 可能 |
[01:29] | …at the autumnal equinox. – Why? | -在秋分也会成功 -为什么? |
[01:31] | “Equinox” means”equal night.” Night and day are 12 hours long. | “分点”是指“相等的夜晚” 夜晚和白天同样十二小时 |
[01:34] | What does that have to do with it? | 跟这有什么关系? |
[01:36] | It doesn’t work. I tried it. | 没用,我试过了 |
[01:38] | – Listen, a guy… – Hang on. | -听着,一个家伙 -等一等 |
[01:39] | – C.J. believes that at the vernal equinox… – And only at that moment. | -茜洁相信在春分 -只有在那一个特定时刻 |
[01:44] | You can stand an egg. | 能把蛋立起来 |
[01:45] | At the equinox, you can stand an egg on end. | 在分点时刻能让鸡蛋直立 |
[01:48] | – Doesn’t work. – You tried it? | -没有用 -你试过吗? |
[01:50] | I don’t need to. You can’t stand an egg on end. | 不需要,不可能让鸡蛋站立的 |
[01:52] | The elements involved with creating an equinox have no connection… | 春秋分点的原理与地心引力 |
[01:56] | …to the center of gravity. – I’ve seen it. | -没有关连的 -我看过 |
[01:58] | I’ve seen guys make the ace jump out of their shoes. | 我看过有人把红心 从他们的鞋子变出来 |
[02:01] | – I don’t think it was the equinox. – Josh? | -我不认为这与分点有关 -乔西? |
[02:04] | Counsel’s office wants to know if you can meet with a candidate tonight. | 顾问办公室想知道 今晚你是否能面试一位应征者 |
[02:09] | – Tonight? – I explained it was your night off… | -今晚? -我说过今晚你休息 |
[02:11] | …but they said he’s in town just the one night and… | 但他们说他只在这里一晚 |
[02:14] | – So can I take your seat? – I miss Ainsley. | -你不玩时,我能代替你吗? -我想念艾金丝莉 |
[02:17] | That’s what the Counsel’s office should get. | 那才是顾问办公室 应该找的人 |
[02:20] | Another Ainsley. A sexy conservative with first-rate law credentials… | 再来个艾金丝莉,性感保守 并拥有一流的法学素养 |
[02:24] | …and a strange name. – So can I take your seat? | -和一个奇怪的名字 -我能玩你的位子吗? |
[02:27] | – Who else is playing this game? – Anyone with currency. | -还有谁在玩游戏? -身上带现金的人 |
[02:30] | Let me in the game, sir, I beg of you. | 让我玩,先生,我求你 |
[02:32] | Why are you so eager to get in this game? | 你为什么那么想玩? |
[02:34] | I enjoy poker, and your card skills are well-known around the building… | 我喜欢玩扑克牌 你的牌技是众所皆知的 |
[02:39] | …and frankly, I wanted to learn. – Seriously. | -坦白说,我想学 -别开玩笑了 |
[02:43] | I enjoy poker. | 我喜欢玩扑克牌 |
[02:44] | This is a cash game, Debbie. | 这是个金钱游戏,黛比 |
[02:46] | These are hard-working people blowing off steam and taking each other off coin. | 这是辛苦工作的人 拼了命的想赚别人的铜板 |
[02:50] | We don’t play for matchsticks, we don’t play… Okay, can I ask you something? | 我们可不是玩火柴棒,不是玩玩的 好,能请你帮个忙吗? |
[02:54] | I forgot to have Charlie draw cash for me. Could you float me a little…? | 我忘了跟查理拿现金 能借我一点吗? |
[02:58] | I can play? | 我能玩吗? |
[02:59] | – Sir. – Leo. | -先生 -里奥 |
[03:01] | C.J. swears that on the equinox, which is today, you can stand an egg on end. | 茜洁发誓在春分点 就是今天,能把蛋立起来 |
[03:06] | Debbie? | 黛比? |
[03:07] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – You can play. | -谢谢你,总统先生 -你可以玩 |
[03:10] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生 |
[03:15] | – We just lost an unmanned spy plane. – Where? | -刚掉落一架无人驾驶侦察机 -在哪里? |
[03:18] | It was a Predator B UAV, 12 miles off Kaliningrad. | 是一架《B型掠夺者》无人机 在卡林宁格外十二里的地方 |
[03:22] | It’s controlled by satellite, which can’t always adjust to weather changes… | 是由卫星控制 无法随气候改变而调整 |
[03:25] | …and this one veered off course and crashed inland. | 这一架转向坠毁在内陆上 |
[03:29] | That’s why these are unmanned, right? All we lost was money? | 所以才用无人驾驶,对吧? 我们只损失金钱,不是吗? |
[03:32] | Aren’t they saying detonate the plane? | 他们没说要炸掉飞机吗? |
[03:34] | The plane was taking pictures of illegal nuclear transfers in the region. | 那架飞机是在那区域 拍摄非法细胞核转植 |
[03:38] | We need the intelligence. They don’t think we’ll get it again. | 我们需要情报 他们认为我们拿不到 |
[03:41] | What do they want, me to call Chigorin, ask if we can get our spy plane back? | 他们要什么?要我打电给希哥林 看能不能把间谍机讨回来吗? |
[03:46] | Yes, sir. Except you can’t say “spy plane.” | 是的,先生 但你不能说“间谍机” |
[03:50] | You’re serious. They want me to call Chigorin? | 你是认真的 他们希望我打给希哥林吗? |
[03:52] | – Yes. – And ask him for the plane back… | -是的 -跟他要飞机回来 |
[03:54] | …without telling him we were spying? | 而不会提到我们在侦察? |
[03:57] | State and the Pentagon have some ideas on how you might try that. | 国务院和五角大厦有些主意 你可以试试看 |
[04:00] | – Do they? – In the meantime, sir… | -是吗? -同时,先生 |
[04:03] | …you wanna play some cards? – Hang on. | -你想玩牌吗? -等一等 |
[04:14] | Yeah, this isn’t gonna work. | 根本不可能 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[05:05] | Toby. Two. | 托比,二张 |
[05:08] | Three. | 三张 |
[05:13] | I’m fine. | 我不换 |
[05:14] | – You’re fine? – I am. | -不换吗? -是的 |
[05:17] | – Check. | – Check. -不加 -不加 |
[05:19] | – Check. | – Check. -不加 -不加 |
[05:20] | – Check. – Fifty dollars. | -不加 -加五十块 |
[05:23] | – Fold. | – Fold. -我没有 -丢 |
[05:25] | – I’m out. – Out. | -我出局了 -出局 |
[05:27] | Take it. | 拿去 |
[05:29] | Nothing like the mounting tension of a well-contested hand. | 一桌高手的压力是最大的 |
[05:32] | You were full of crap. You had jack-high or something? | 你是在唬人的 不会是同花老⒇吧? |
[05:36] | I’ll tell you, but it’s gonna cost you 50. | 我可以告诉你 但你得花五十块 |
[05:38] | Hi. Good evening, Mr. President. | 嗨,晚安,总统先生 |
[05:40] | – Did you get the eggs? – Yeah. | -有买蛋吗? -有 |
[05:43] | Hang on. Will, why are you dressed like an officer in the Air Force? | 等等,威尔,你为什么 穿得像空军军官? |
[05:47] | I’m an officer in the Force. | 我是空军的军官 |
[05:49] | – A reservist? – Yes, sir. | -后备军人? -是的,先生 |
[05:50] | – I didn’t know. Did you? – He’s First Lieutenant Will. | -我都不知道,你呢? -他是威尔中尉 |
[05:53] | I had no idea. What do you do? | 我没听说,你在做什么? |
[05:56] | – I work with JAG. – This is your weekend up? | -我跟军法官一起工作 -这是你周末的后备役吗? |
[05:58] | – Yes, sir. – Good for you. Where are you stationed? | -是的,先生 -恭禧你了,要驻守在哪里? |
[06:02] | I’m stationed at Air Force Legal Services Agency… | 我驻守在伯林空军基地的 |
[06:04] | …at Bolling Air Force Base. Tonight I’m going to Cheyenne. | 空军法务处 但今晚我要去夏安 |
[06:07] | – Mr. President? – They ready? | -总统先生? -他们准备好了吗? |
[06:09] | No, sir. Leo wanted you a moment. | 不,先生,里奥想见你一会 |
[06:11] | Play my seat. | 你下来玩 |
[06:35] | – Are we getting somewhere? – Oh, yeah. | -有何进展吗? -哦,有 |
[06:38] | You know, there was a thought that since Kaliningrad’s… | 有一个想法 既然卡林宁格是 |
[06:41] | …the only noncontiguous Russian state, you can make like you were just… | 唯一非俄国本土省份 制片:尼尔海恩二世 |
[06:45] | …informing Chigorin of a rescue mission that barely concerned him. | 你可以通知希哥林我们有个 事不关他的救援任务 |
[06:49] | And what do I do when Chigorin tells me Hawaii’s not really a part of America… | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 如果换成希哥林告诉我 夏威夷并非美国的一部分 |
[06:53] | …and he wants to change the alphabet to Cyrillic? | 他想改成俄威夷呢? |
[06:55] | Seymour, what does he do? | 他要怎么做? |
[06:59] | – What the hell. – Would you please. | -搞什么 -拜托你 |
[07:01] | I’m not gonna have you tell Chigorin that Kaliningrad’s not part of Russia. | 我不是叫你跟希哥林说 卡林宁格不是俄国的一部分 |
[07:05] | What area are we trolling in? | 制片:李维林威尔斯 我们在侦测什么地区? |
[07:08] | – What area? – Yes. | -什么地区? -是的 |
[07:10] | We weren’t spying on Russia. We were spying for Russia. | 我们不是在监视俄国 而是替俄国监视 |
[07:14] | – We were spying for him. – Yes, sir. | -我们替他监视 -是的,先生 |
[07:16] | Okay. This phone call that you’re gonna set up with Chigorin… | 好的,要打给希哥林这通电话 要装得的像 |
[07:20] | …it’s, like, for a White House bloopers reel or something? | 白宫受到重大打击的事件? |
[07:24] | – Just give us a couple of minutes. – All right. | -等我们几分钟 -好的 |
[07:27] | – Two things I want to put on your radar. – Yeah. | -两件事我要向你报告 -是的 |
[07:30] | There was a bombing at a nightclub in Kuala Lumpur. | 吉隆坡一间夜总会 遭到炸弹攻击 |
[07:33] | And they’ve got a suspect in Berlin who was trying to explode a device… | 一名嫌犯在柏林落网 他试图引爆 |
[07:37] | …at the Brandenburg Gate. | 布兰登堡大门 |
[07:39] | Are the two related? | 两件事有关连吗? |
[07:42] | I don’t know, but there were two, so I wanted to tell you about it. | 我不知道,但一共两件事 所以我想向你报告 |
[07:50] | All right. | 好的 编剧:艾伦索金 |
[07:57] | – Check. | – Check. -不加 -不加 |
[08:00] | Fifty dollars. | 五十块 |
[08:01] | – Fold. – I’m out. | -我没有 -我出局了 |
[08:03] | Make her prove it, Toby. Show her there are no free lunches in a game. | 让她证明,托比,让她知道 周五打牌没有白吃的午餐 |
[08:19] | Call. | 跟了 |
[08:23] | Straight to the king. | 大顺子 |
[08:31] | Sorry about that. I’ll get her for you. | 导演:克里斯多福米夏诺 抱歉,我会替你扳平的 |
[08:33] | Here’s an extra card. | 这里还有牌 |
[08:36] | That’s the joker. | 是鬼牌 |
[08:38] | Oh, my God! Did you see that? Did you guys see that? | 我的天啊!你们看到了吗? 你们看到了吗? |
[08:48] | We’re not gonna need that three of clubs? | 不需要用到那三张牌吗? |
[08:50] | At the podium in the pressroom, I hit the fifth row. | 在新闻室的讲台前 我可以丢到第五排 |
[08:53] | I don’t believe that’s true. | 我不相信是真的 |
[08:55] | – Really? – It’s a myth. | -真的吗? -是个传说 |
[08:56] | Well, there are 52 cards in this deck… | 这副牌有五十二张牌 |
[08:59] | – Fifty-one. The three… – Dollar a card? | -五十一,那三张 -一张牌一块钱吗? |
[09:01] | Yes. | 好 |
[09:03] | Sit down and play. I’m dealing. | 坐下来玩,我来发牌 |
[09:05] | – Excuse me, Josh? – Yeah? | -抱歉,乔西? -嗯? |
[09:07] | The guy’s in the Roosevelt Room. | 那个人在罗斯福厅等你 |
[09:09] | – Which guy? – For the Associate Counsel job. | -哪个人? -应征顾问工作的 |
[09:13] | Deal me out for three hands. | 三局就把我三振了 |
[09:16] | – Can I say something? – Yeah. | -我能说一件事吗? -说吧 |
[09:18] | This guy? Some would consider him handsome. | 这个人?有人会觉得他英俊 |
[09:20] | I don’t, personally, because you’re the only one I think is handsome. | 但我不会 我认为只有你最英俊 |
[09:24] | But for the sake of appearances, so people wouldn’t suspect… | 但因为大家的外貌所致 如果你雇用他 |
[09:27] | …I’d pretend I thought this guy was handsome if you hired him. | 大家才不会怀疑 我假装认为他很英俊 |
[09:30] | Of course, all along it’d be a lie because of how handsome you are. | 当然,都是假装的 因为你好帅 |
[09:34] | And powerful. | 又有权力 |
[09:37] | Your sense of humor is a bit of a high-wire act. | 你的幽默感有点搞怪 |
[09:39] | – You’re trying to thread the needle. – And half of it you don’t get. | -你在穿针引线 -你大半听不懂 |
[09:43] | Give me that. | 东西给我 |
[09:51] | – Hector? – Excuse me? | -赫特? -抱歉? |
[09:54] | – Are you Hector? – No, I’m Joe Quincy. | -你是赫特吗? -不,我是乔伊昆西 |
[10:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:02] | Can I just ask, are you saying it’s Hector who’s good-looking or…? | 我问你,你是说赫特英俊 或是? |
[10:06] | – This guy. This guy. – Okay. | -这个人、这个人 -好 |
[10:07] | – But not really, because it’s only you… – Yeah, yeah. | -但不是真的,因为只有你 -对,对 |
[10:13] | – Excuse me. Joseph. – Yes. | -抱歉,乔瑟夫 -是 |
[10:15] | – Josh Lyman. – Joseph Quincy. | -乔西赖曼 -乔瑟夫昆西 |
[10:17] | – Joe? – Yes. | -乔伊? -是的 |
[10:19] | – No, do you like to be called Joe? – Yes. | -不,你喜欢被叫做乔伊吗? -是的 |
[10:24] | Were you saying yes to that the first time? | 你第一次说是吗? |
[10:26] | Yes. Joe is fine. It’s what people call me. | 是的,叫乔伊很好 大家都这样叫我 |
[10:29] | It’s funny. It’s what I was just saying. | 很有趣,我才说 |
[10:32] | The person who created the job opening, her name was Ainsley Hayes… | 这职位以前是艾金丝莉海耶斯的 |
[10:35] | …and she was a very attractive woman. | 她是一位很有吸引力的女士 |
[10:38] | And I was saying we needed another woman with an unusual name… | 我们本来是要找另一位 名字奇怪的女士 |
[10:42] | …and here you’re a man, and your name is Joe. | 但你却是个男的 而你的名字是乔伊 |
[10:49] | You’ve gotta be asking yourself why I told you that story. | 你一定会想 我为什么告诉你这些 |
[10:53] | – You have a joint JD/MBA. – Yeah. | -你有法、商双硕士 -是的 |
[10:56] | What’s a staff attorney do at the NYC Department of Transportation? | 律师在纽约的交通处做什么? |
[10:59] | – Defend the city against civil claims. – Slipping in the subway? | -为公家辩护民事求偿案件 -在地下铁滑倒这样的事件吗? |
[11:02] | – Slipping in the subway. – Banging your head on a turnstile? | -在地下铁滑倒 -头撞到旋转门? |
[11:05] | After a JD/MBA from Cal? | 在得到加州法商双硕士之后吗? |
[11:07] | I wanted to get trial experience right away. | 当时我想马上实习上庭的经验 |
[11:10] | Then associate counsel at Treasury… | 然后财政部副顾问 |
[11:13] | …then the solicitor general’s office. Why did you leave the office? | 然后总检察长办公室 你为什么离职? |
[11:16] | You appointed a new solicitor general. | 因为你指派新的总检察长 |
[11:19] | – You weren’t a political appointee? – I answered a call from a headhunter. | -你不是政治任命的? -我从猎人头公司找到工作的 |
[11:23] | I’m surprised we haven’t met. | 我很惊讶我们没见过 |
[11:27] | – Excuse me. – I’ll be back in a second. | -抱歉 -我马上回来 |
[11:30] | You forgot to sign the bottom of the questionnaire, the SF-86. | 你忘记在问卷底下签名 SF86那里 |
[11:33] | Gotta sign your name. | 一定要签名 |
[11:41] | If the president says yes, we’re gonna set up the call in about 10 minutes. | 若总统同意 我们十分钟后就可以拨电话 |
[11:55] | – What do we have? – All right. | -有什么消息? -好的 |
[11:58] | Best-case scenario is he lets our guys go and get it untouched by Russian hands. | 最好的情况是他让我们的人去拿 东西别让俄国碰到 |
[12:03] | “But President Bartlet, we have a terrific search-and-recovery team. | “可是巴特勒总统,我们有 非常精练的搜寻小组 |
[12:07] | We’ll go get that plane for you.” | 我们替你去找那架飞机” |
[12:08] | “President Chigorin, I appreciate the offer… | “希哥林总统,我很感激你的提议 |
[12:11] | …but our UAVs have self-detonating capability… | 但我们的无人驾驶飞机 有自动引爆的能力 |
[12:14] | …and only our folks know how to make it deoperational.” | 只有我们的人知道如何解除” |
[12:16] | “Our folks.” You really think I’d use those words with the Russian president? | “我们的人”我会用这字眼 和俄国总统交谈吗? |
[12:20] | Say,”Sir, this UAV has proprietary American technology on it… | 说“先生,这架无人机里面 有美国专利的科技在 |
[12:24] | …made by one of our leading aerospace companies. We have to protect that.” | 由我们国内的先进航太公司制造 我们要加以保护” |
[12:28] | “Much as I have to protect Kaliningrad… | “与我必需保护卡林宁格一样 |
[12:30] | …which brings us to the question: What the hell were you doing flying over it?” | 这引导到主题:你们家的飞机 飞到那里做什么?” |
[12:34] | – It had a multiple mission. – Did it? | -它有多重任务 -是吗? |
[12:36] | – Exactly for this purpose. – What was the other mission? | -正是如此 -另外的任务是什么? |
[12:39] | Taking satellite pictures of coastal erosion in the Baltic Sea. | 拍摄波罗的海沿岸的侵蚀况状 |
[12:42] | I tell him it was an environmental mission. | 告诉他这是环保任务 |
[12:45] | It was an environmental mission. | 这是个环保任务 |
[12:47] | And he’s not gonna want to take pictures of erosion at Coney Island? | 他就不想会拍摄 我们康尼岛的侵蚀状况吗? |
[12:51] | No. The Baltic Sea’s shared by Sweden, Finland and Germany. | 不,波罗的海 是由瑞典、芬兰和德国共享的 |
[12:55] | We were on an environmental mission for Finland? | 我们是为芬兰执行环保任务? |
[12:58] | Yes, sir. | 是,先生 |
[13:00] | That’s what we’ve come up with? | 这是我们想出来的? |
[13:02] | It’s what we’re starting with. We’ll see how it goes. | 这只是开头 再看看接下来怎么说 |
[13:09] | Set up the call. | 准备打电话吧 |
[13:24] | – Sorry about that. – That’s Teddy Roosevelt’s Nobel Prize. | -很抱歉 -那是罗斯福的诺贝尔奖 |
[13:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:30] | Don’t forget to sign this thing. | 不要忘了签这份 |
[13:32] | – They just had a whole… – Yeah. | -有一堆 -好的 |
[13:35] | I’m sorry, tell me again why you left the solicitor’s office? | 抱歉,再告诉我 你为什么离开总检察长办公室? |
[13:38] | – Lawrence Harmon brought in… – He brought in new staff. | -劳伦斯哈蒙带进 -他带进他的人马 |
[13:42] | – You’ve talked with Wells? – Yes. | -你和威尔斯谈过吗? -是的 |
[13:44] | – Oliver Babish? – Met for a few hours… | -奥利佛巴毕许呢? -前天和他谈了几小时 |
[13:46] | …the day before yesterday and for 45 minutes this morning. | 今天早上谈了四十五分钟 |
[13:49] | They made you fill out the psychological part. | 他们让你填心理学的部份 |
[13:52] | – Yes. – Question one,”A, I do not feel sad. | -是的 -问题一“A,我不难过 |
[13:56] | B, I feel sad. C, I am sad all the time, and I can’t snap out of it. | B,觉得难过 C,时常难过,无法释怀 |
[14:00] | D, I am so sad or unhappy that I want to kill myself.” | D,非常难过或不快乐 想自杀” |
[14:03] | You chose A,”I do not feel sad.” | 你选A,“我不难过” |
[14:06] | – Yes. – Good. | -是的 -很好 |
[14:08] | – Ever? – No. | -都不曾难过吗? -不 |
[14:10] | -“No,” you don’t ever feel sad or”no”…? – No, there are times when I feel sad. | -“不”你从不难过或“不”? -不,有时我会觉得难过 |
[14:15] | Yet you checked the first box? | 但你在第一个空格打勾? |
[14:17] | It said,”I do not feel sad,” and I didn’t at the time I checked it. | 这是说“我不难过” 我打勾时不觉得难过 |
[14:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:25] | This’ll just take another minute or so. | 只要再几分钟 |
[14:31] | – Dollar for every card that hits fifth row? – Locking the door. There’s press around. | -每打到第五排就算一块钱,是吗? -锁门,到处都有记者 |
[14:35] | Five dollars if you hit the sixth. | 打到第六排就算五块 |
[14:38] | There’s a spot where the temperature is the same as it would be… | 世界上有个点 跟它穿过地心的另一边的 |
[14:41] | …if you drilled through the Earth. | 气温是一样的 |
[14:43] | No, there isn’t. How about $6… | 没有这种事 如果牌面向上 |
[14:45] | …if you use a face card? – Yes, there is, the antipode. | -就变六块钱如何? -有的,有个叫正相反的点 |
[14:48] | If that’s true, why can’t it be that you can stand an egg on end at the equinox? | 若是真的,春秋分时 为何无法让蛋站立? |
[14:52] | Because you can’t, ever. | 因为那是永远都不可能的 |
[14:54] | And I say that neither of you can hit the fifth row. | 我也用这句话来预测 你们两个都无法打到第五排 |
[15:00] | – At the same time? – On three. | -同时吗? -数到三 |
[15:05] | – Down. Get down. – Somebody’s shooting! | -趴下,趴下 -有人开枪! |
[15:10] | Stay down. Stay still. | 趴下不要动 |
[15:15] | – Is everybody all right? Ms. Cregg? – We’re all right. | -大家都没事吗?葛瑞女士? -我们都很好 |
[15:18] | Three shots, one hit. Straight from the sidewalk. | 有三枪,一枪击中 从人行道那边直接射进来 |
[15:20] | – Is the president in the Oval Office? – You need to wait outside. | -总统在椭圆办公室吗? -你们得在外面等 |
[15:28] | – He’s on? – Yes, sir. | -他在线上了? -是的,先生 |
[15:29] | Let’s go. | 开始了 |
[15:32] | Mr. President, this is President Bartlet. | 总统先生 这位是巴特勒总统 |
[15:34] | – Mr. President. – Step away from the window. | -总统先生 -远离窗口 |
[15:37] | Okay, I’m gonna have to call you back. | 好的,我会再打给你 |
[15:39] | Back away, sir. | 请退后,先生 |
[15:42] | – Oval’s secure. – Bamboo Shoot’s ready. | -椭圆室己安全 -山笋系统己备好 |
[15:45] | Bamboo. They want me into the motorcade. | 山笋,他们要我进车子里 |
[15:47] | – What’s going on? – You’re all right? | -发生什么事? -你还好吗? |
[15:49] | – I’m all right. – These people are code word. | -我很好 -这些人都有通过高级安全检查 |
[15:52] | – I was on the phone. – The translator. | -我刚才跟希哥林在讲电话 -翻译人员 |
[15:54] | – He’s got clearance. – Three shots were fired from the street… | -他也通过了 -从街上射出三枪 |
[15:57] | …at least one hitting the press briefing room. | 至少一枪击中新闻室 |
[16:00] | We’ve got the suspect as well as a high-powered rifle. | 我们捉到嫌疑犯 和一把火力强大的步枪 |
[16:03] | – Was anyone in the room? – C.J., Toby and Will Bailey. | -有人在那里吗? -茜洁,托比和威尔贝利 |
[16:05] | – Where are they? – They’re fine. You’ve gotta stay. | -他们现在人呢? -他们没事,你要待在这里 |
[16:08] | – Nobody was hurt? – They’re fine. | -没有人受伤? -他们都很好 |
[16:10] | – You all right? What about you? – We’re fine. | -你还好吗?你呢? -我们都很好 |
[16:13] | – Will, how many fingers am I holding up? – Who’s Will, sir? | -威尔,几根手指头? -威尔是谁,先生? |
[16:16] | I don’t know if you’ve met Ron, head of my detail. | 不知道你是否见过朗巴特菲尔 我的侍卫长 |
[16:18] | – Sure. – Lieutenant Bailey… | -当然 -贝利中尉 |
[16:20] | …glad to see you alive, but it’s code clearance. I need you out of earshot. | 很高兴你活着 不过你安全层级不够,请先离开 |
[16:24] | – Yes, sir. – Where’s Charlie? | -是的,先生 -查理在哪里? |
[16:26] | – He’s in the building. – We’re holding people now. | -他在这栋建筑物里 -我们现在不让大家走动 |
[16:29] | If he’s heard, he’s gonna be trying to get here. | 他如果听到了,一定会赶来 |
[16:32] | We’ve gotta hold everybody so we can… | 要每个人先不走动 才能 |
[16:34] | If Charlie heard there were bullets, he’s gonna overpower whoever’s trying… | 如果查理听到枪声 他拼了命也会突破你们的 |
[16:40] | Sorry, Mr. President. | 抱歉,总统先生 |
[16:44] | Come here. | 过来 |
[16:48] | It’s bulletproof glass in the windows, okay? | 窗户是防弹玻璃做的,好吗? |
[16:51] | You wanna kill me, you’re gonna have to do it from inside the building. | 若要暗杀我 得在里面行动才行 |
[16:55] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统 |
[16:59] | – You guys all right? – Yeah. | -你们都还好吗? -是的 |
[17:00] | I’m surprised your guys managed to keep Fiderer. I thought she’d be the first one… | 奇怪,连费德洛女士都被挡在外 我以为她会是第一个来 |
[17:04] | – No, here we are. – Are you all right, Mr. President? | -不,人来了 -你还好吗,总统先生? |
[17:08] | No one was hurt. Someone shot at the pressroom from the sidewalk. | 没有人受伤,有人从人行道 向新闻室开枪 |
[17:11] | – C.J. went there with Toby and Will. – Will’s sitting outside… | -茜洁和托比、威尔去那里 -威尔坐在外面 |
[17:15] | …and Toby and C.J. are standing right there. | 托比和茜洁就站在那里 |
[17:20] | – Ron, someone’s gonna report this. – Yes, ma’am. | -朗,得有人要报告这件事 -是的,夫人 |
[17:23] | Thank you. I’m gonna need to take your blood pressure in a few minutes. | 谢谢你,我待会儿得替你量血压 |
[17:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:30] | Ron, there were two incidents of terrorist activity earlier today. | 朗,稍早前有两件恐怖攻击事件 |
[17:34] | A bomb in Malaysia and another in Berlin. | 马来西亚一个爆炸事件 另一个在柏林 |
[17:37] | This is just a crazy guy, Leo. | 这只是疯子干的,里奥 |
[17:38] | There was just a third on the phone in Guam. | 刚才在关岛发生第三件 |
[17:41] | The head of insular affairs was picked off… | 岛屿事务办公室的主任被 |
[17:43] | – Come on. – By a sniper, Mr. President. | -得了 -狙击手瞄准,总统先生 |
[17:46] | Shut it down. Crash it! | 按下,按下按钮! |
[17:48] | – Crash the building. – We’re crashed. | -封锁建筑 -封锁了 |
[17:50] | This is the Oval Office. Crash the West Wing. | 椭圆办公室命令 封锁西厢办公室 |
[17:55] | Nevada-bravo-3-3-1. Crash the West Wing. | 内华达勇士331 封锁西厢办公室 |
[18:08] | The man fired several rounds before being overtaken… | 该男子开了好几枪后 |
[18:11] | … by Secret Service agents and Park Police. | 安全人员和停车场警卫才拿下他 |
[18:13] | Witnesses say the shooter never entered the grounds… | 目击者说射手并没有进入 我们的外围区 |
[18:16] | … but one bullet appears to have struck the window of a White House office. | 但有一颗子弹 击中白宫办公室的窗户 |
[18:20] | All right, then, here it is: | 好的,然后,这是: |
[18:21] | “An indeterminate number of shots were fired at the White House at…” | 好的,然后,这是: “白宫遭到为数不明的 子弹攻击 |
[18:25] | I said I thought it was three shots, but I want for the agents to… | 我是说我认为是三枪 但我要安全人员 |
[18:28] | Okay.”At 9:23 p.m., striking the press briefing room.” | 可以“晚上九点二十三分 新闻发布室遭到攻击” |
[18:33] | The weapon was a modified M16. | 武器是改造的M16步枪 |
[18:35] | We haven’t confirmed ballistics. Tell your friends to stop saying it was an M16. | 我们还没做弹道测试 叫你的朋友不要再说M16了 |
[18:39] | -No confirmed reports, identity… – All right. | -没有确认报告,身分 -好 |
[18:42] | The president was in the Oval Office. We’ve initiated a standard lockdown… | 总统在椭圆办公室 我们启动标准安全封锁作业 |
[18:46] | …and are back to conducting the business of the nation. | 而且照常办公 |
[18:51] | I’ll ask him. | 我会问他 |
[18:54] | He wants to know if the president wants to say something funny. | 他想知道总统 是否想说些有趣的事 |
[18:58] | “That’s twice in four years. Some of you guys must really be mad at me”? | “这是四年来第二次 你们一定有人对我很不满?” |
[19:02] | Something funnier than that, but yeah. | 这还不够好玩,但也行了 |
[19:10] | You’re getting to see a show tonight. | 今晚有好戏可看了 |
[19:12] | – Everything all right? – Yeah. | -一切都还好吗? -是的 |
[19:14] | – What happened? – A guy shot at the building… | -发生什么事? -一个家伙对这里开枪 |
[19:16] | …a couple of times with a rifle. | 用步枪射击了几次 |
[19:18] | – Somebody shot the White House? – Yeah. | -有人对白宫开枪? -是的 |
[19:20] | – From where? – The street. Pennsylvania Avenue. | -从哪里? -街上,宾州大道 |
[19:22] | Is anyone hurt? | 有人受伤吗? |
[19:24] | Was anyone hurt? | 有人受伤吗? |
[19:26] | No, but we’re in a crash, a lockdown. | 不,但我们己被封锁 |
[19:28] | – They’re not gonna let you leave. – I heard. | -他们不会让你离开的 -我听说了 |
[19:32] | You know, I thought I heard what sounded like gunshots… | 我那时候 有听到类似射击的声音 |
[19:35] | …while we were talking before, but I didn’t… | 在我们交谈以前,但我没 |
[19:39] | Did you hear the shots? | 你有听到枪声吗? |
[19:40] | No, but I heard a brass quintet playing”The First Noel”… | 不,但我有听到 “第一个圣诞节”的曲子 |
[19:43] | …so I just assumed somebody somewhere was locked and loaded. | 所以我想 一定有人在上子弹了 |
[19:49] | You know, not for nothing, but people that I talk to don’t believe that story… | 知道吗?这件事 我说了也不会有人相信 |
[19:53] | …and the people that you’d like don’t care. | 而喜欢的人也不会在乎 |
[20:01] | They told me you’re just here tonight. Have to catch a plane? | 他们说,你只有今晚待在这里 要赶去飞机吗? |
[20:04] | The shuttle. I’ll get the next one. Does this happen often? | 是定期班车,我可以坐下一班 这种事常发生吗? |
[20:10] | Well, we don’t know what this is yet. | 我们还不知道这次是什么 |
[20:12] | We know that somebody shot at the building, though, right? | 知道是有人对这栋建筑开枪,是吧? |
[20:16] | Yeah… No, that’s the first time it’s happened to us, anyway. | 是的不,这是第一次 发生在我们身上 |
[20:20] | – They have a suspect? – Yeah. | -有捉到嫌疑犯吗? -有的 |
[20:22] | – Is he white? – I don’t know. | -是白人吗? -我不知道 |
[20:25] | Do they suspect terrorism? | 有怀疑是恐怖攻击吗? |
[20:28] | Well, he was shooting a modified M16. It was terrorism. | 他用改造的M16步枪 当然是恐怖攻击 |
[20:31] | I meant terrorism directed at… | 我所谓恐怖攻击的意思是 |
[20:34] | – National terrorism. – He shot at the White House. | -全国性的恐怖攻击 -他向白宫开枪 |
[20:38] | – I think you know what I mean. – I have no idea why he shot at us… | -你知道我的意思 -我不了解他为何对我们开枪 |
[20:42] | …nor, for that matter, do I have any reason to believe it was a he. | 我也没有任何理由 相信一定是个男的 |
[20:50] | – That’s my assistant, Donna. – Yeah, we met before. | -是我的助理,唐娜 -是的,我们见过面 |
[20:55] | Excuse me a second. | 我出去一下 |
[20:59] | – What’s going on? – You were in the mess? | -发生什么事? -你刚才在餐厅吗? |
[21:01] | They kept me until now. C.J. ‘s all right? | 他们把我留到现在 茜洁还好吗? |
[21:04] | – Where were you? – I was in here. | -当时你在哪里? -我在这里 |
[21:05] | – You want anything? – No. | -你需要什么吗? -不用 |
[21:07] | – I’m gonna get you some water. – I’m all right. | -我帮你拿杯水好了 -我很好 |
[21:10] | All right. | 好的 |
[21:13] | So, what do you think of this guy? | 你认为这家伙如何? |
[21:17] | – I haven’t been talking to him that long. – Okay. | -我还没跟他谈很久 -好的 |
[21:19] | I’m gonna… I’ll be around here. | 我会我会待在这附近 |
[21:21] | He’s well-qualified, that’s for sure. He’s personable, and he’s confident. | 他的资格符合,这是一定的 他有风度、有自信 |
[21:26] | But? | 可是? |
[21:28] | It’s the strangest feeling. | 有种奇怪的感觉 |
[21:31] | It’s like a really good baseball player… | 像是很杰出的棒球选手 |
[21:33] | …is in the other team’s locker room for the first time. | 但第一次却待在别队的衣物间 |
[21:36] | You’re the baseball player? | 棒球选手是指你吗? |
[21:38] | – He’s the player. – In the other guy’s locker room? | -指他 -待在别队的衣物间? |
[21:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:44] | I don’t understand, are you writing poetry about this now? | 我不了解,你在写诗吗? |
[21:47] | – You asked me what I thought of him. – I know. | -你问我对他的观感 -我知道 |
[21:51] | Can I say something? | 我能说一件事吗? |
[21:53] | Can I call Keyworth and tell him you’re gonna be calling? | 我能联络基沃斯 告诉他你就要找他了吗? |
[21:56] | I’m fine. I was in here. I didn’t even see it. | 我很好,我当时在这里 我根本没看到 |
[22:00] | All right. | 好 |
[22:02] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我不会走开的 |
[22:10] | – What were we talking about? – You don’t have info about the suspect. | -我们谈到哪里了? -没有嫌疑犯的资料 |
[22:14] | Right. | 是的 |
[22:18] | I got a letter today that said: | 我今天收到一封信,上面写着: |
[22:21] | “You’re a lying liar. | “你是个说谎的骗子 |
[22:24] | You lie almost as well as Barflet.” | 你跟巴特勒一样会说谎” |
[22:31] | You know, black-white, rich-poor, North-South, odd-even… | 你知道,黑人白人、穷的富的 北部南部、怪人常人都可以 |
[22:36] | …there may not be anything that outpaces the hatred… | 再对立都比不上 |
[22:39] | …the Right feels for the Left or the disrespect the Left feels for the Right. | 右派对左派 或左派对右派的愤怒 |
[22:45] | Donna got a letter yesterday that said: | 唐娜昨天收到一封信 上面写着: |
[22:48] | “I’m collecting guns you’ve banned, and there’s a bullet with your name in each.” | “我正在收集你禁用的枪枝 每一颗子弹上都有你的名字” |
[22:53] | Donna. The guy’s decided to focus his wrath on Donna. | 唐娜,这家伙把他全部的怒火 都发在唐娜身上 |
[22:57] | He’s never met Donna or spoken to her, and he’s never met anyone… | 他没见过唐娜或和她说过话 他也没见过 |
[23:01] | …who’s met Donna or spoken to her. | 任何见过唐娜 或和她说过话的人 |
[23:04] | How is it possible, right? | 怎么可能,是吗? |
[23:06] | How is it possible that he hates her so much? | 怎么可能,他会如此憎恨她? |
[23:09] | How can you not like Donna? She’s from Wisconsin. | 怎么可能有人不喜欢唐娜? 她是从威斯康辛州来的 |
[23:12] | Anyway, 20,000 specific threats are made against U.S. targets every year. | 每年有两万件 以美国为目标的特殊威胁 |
[23:18] | And with all that… | 即使如此 |
[23:21] | …it’s the ones who don’t give you advance notice that you’re worried about. | 最让人担心的 仍然是那些没有事先通知的 |
[23:28] | I asked about terrorism before because of the lockdown. | 因为封锁了 所以我才问是不是恐怖行动 |
[23:31] | Procedurally, it would be the thing to do… | 程序上来说,会有封锁动作 |
[23:33] | …if there’d been other incidents in the last few hours. | 必然是在之前几个小时之内 有发生过别的事件 |
[23:38] | A bomb in Malaysia, another one in Berlin a few hours ago. | 几小时前,马来西亚发生爆炸 柏林也有一件 |
[23:46] | We might as well use this time for the interview. | 我们也许可以利用这空档来面试 |
[23:51] | White House Press Secretary C.J. Cregg said… | 白宫新闻发言人茜洁葛瑞说 |
[23:54] | … an indeterminate number of shots were fired at the White House… | 白宫遭为数不明的子弹攻击 |
[23:57] | … at 9:23 p.m., and that at least… | 时间是在九点二十三分,至少 |
[24:00] | You can stand eggs on the equinox because the sun’s gravity… | 能在春分点把蛋直立 是因为太阳的引力 |
[24:03] | …is lined up with the Earth’s. | 和地球的引力连成一线 |
[24:08] | Draw a line from the center of the Earth to the sun… | 从地球的中间 画一条线到太阳 |
[24:11] | …and at any time, someplace on Earth is on that line. | 任何时间,地球都会有 某个地方在这条线上 |
[24:16] | – Then maybe for us… – Try. Take an egg. Doesn’t work. | -也许我们 -试试看拿颗蛋吧,没办法的 |
[24:19] | – It’s not the… – Exact moment of… | -现在不是 -那个特定的时刻 |
[24:21] | – Yes. – What is the exact moment? | -对 -何时才是那一刻? |
[24:23] | – I don’t know, midnight? – Midnight where? | -我不知道,午夜吗? -午夜的什么时候? |
[24:25] | Maybe it isn’t the moment of the equinox. | 也许不是在春分点 |
[24:27] | Maybe it’s at some point during the equinox, but I’ve seen it. | 也许是春分的某个时刻 但我确实见识过 |
[24:31] | – Are we playing again? – I’ll get Ed and Larry. | -我们还要玩吗? -我去找艾德和赖瑞 |
[24:34] | – Would you tell Josh we’re back on? – Yes, sir. | -能告诉乔西我们好了吗? -是的,先生 |
[24:44] | Did you know a day on the moon and a year on the moon are the same thing? | 你知道在月球的一天 和在月球的一年是相同的吗? |
[24:50] | I did. | 以前就知道了 |
[24:56] | I thought my reflexes, before, in the press room, were catlike. | 我以前总觉得我在新闻室的反应 像猫一样机灵 |
[25:06] | The Sit Room watch officer has the Kremlin. | 战情室的警备军官接通克姆林宫了 |
[25:11] | You guys playing again? | 你们还在玩? |
[25:13] | Yeah, the game started up. | 是的,游戏开始 |
[25:16] | President Chigorin, it’s Jed Bartlet again. | 希哥林总统,还是我,杰德巴特勒 |
[25:18] | I’m sorry about being abrupt before, but I’ll bet… | 很抱歉稍早必需中断 但我相信 |
[25:21] | …if you turn on CNN right now, you’ll see… | 如果现在转到美国有线电视新闻 就会看到 |
[25:24] | My goodness, there was a shooting. | 我的天啊,有枪击事件 |
[25:26] | There you go. It’s not a big deal, but they’ve shut us down for a little bit. | 没错,不是什么大事 但耽搁了我们一点时间 |
[25:31] | Well, I’m glad no one was hurt. | 哦,我很高兴没有人受伤 |
[25:33] | By the way, you know, when they crash the building, they don’t crash all of it. | 对了,当他们封锁这栋建筑时 并没有全部停止作业 |
[25:37] | The Situation Room still works. | 战情室仍在运作 |
[25:41] | Yes, sir, I’m sure. | 是的,先生,我相信 |
[25:42] | Mr. President, a little while ago, an unmanned B UAV drone crashed… | 总统先生,更早之前 一架无人驾驶的飞机坠毁 |
[25:49] | …we think, somewhere inside Kaliningrad, as a matter of fact. | 我们认为是坠毁在 卡林宁格的领土上 |
[25:53] | Apparently they don’t respond, you know, quite the way you’d like… | 明显的,是他们无法针对 |
[25:56] | …when there’s a sudden shift in the weather. | 气候突然转变而有所调整 |
[26:01] | Mr. President, I wasn’t told of a military mission over Kaliningrad. | 总统先生,我没被告知 在卡林宁格有军事任务 |
[26:06] | Well, like I say, it was a UAV, it was taking satellite pictures… | 这架是无人驾驶飞机 是针对波罗的海沿海的侵蚀状况 |
[26:11] | …of coastal erosion in the Baltic Sea. The Finns know about this. | 在拍摄卫星照片 芬兰知道这件事的 |
[26:15] | We’d like to send a special operations team… | 我们想派特殊作业小组 |
[26:18] | …10 kilometers west of Borsakova to retrieve it. | 到波萨科夫西部十公里的地区 把飞机取回 |
[26:27] | Well, Mr. President, like yourself, I campaigned on the environment. | 总统先生,就像你一样 我过去也曾以环保为竞选议题 |
[26:31] | I’m sorry, sir? | 什么,先生? |
[26:33] | I campaigned on the environment, sir. | 我曾以环保为竞选议题 |
[26:36] | – Are you getting that translation right? – Yes, sir. | -你的翻译正确吗? -是的,先生 |
[26:40] | You campaigned on the environment, Mr. President. | 你曾以环境保护为竞选议题 总统先生 |
[26:43] | Coastal erosion in the Baltic Sea. | 波罗的海沿海的侵蚀 |
[26:49] | I’ll take a look at those pictures and send them to you with your UAV. | 我会先看看那些照片 再连同你的无人飞机一并送回 |
[26:53] | Well, the problem is, our UAVs have a self-detonating capability… | 问题是我们的无人飞机 有自我引爆的系统 |
[26:59] | …and our people know how to disarm it. | 我们的人知道如何拆除 |
[27:01] | And I wouldn’t want to put your guys at risk. | 我不想让你们的人冒这个危险 |
[27:06] | Well, given the circumstances… | 这种情况下 |
[27:08] | …I’m sure your experts wouldn’t mind… | 我相信你们的专家 不会介意 |
[27:11] | …talking through the steps with our experts. | 和我们的专家逐步讨论各步骤 |
[27:14] | It’s proprietary technology, Peter. | 这是专利的科技,彼得 |
[27:19] | To view coastal erosion? | 只为了看看沿海的侵蚀吗? |
[27:21] | – I know it seems… – Sir, I’m going to interrupt at this time… | -我知道这似乎 -先生,这次我要中断一下 |
[27:25] | …to speak with my | 我得和我的反情报官员先讨论 |
[27:28] | – Yes, Mr. President. – Thank you, sir. | -是的,总统先生 -谢谢你,先生 |
[27:39] | This isn’t working anymore. | 没有效了 |
[27:50] | – Anything wild? – Just the dealer. | -有任何激烈的事吗? -发牌的人是 |
[27:52] | Four, no help. Six, possible straight. | 四,不管用,六可能可以变顺子 |
[27:56] | Heart, possible flush. Jack, no help. | 红心,可以同花 十一,没有用 |
[27:59] | And the Dave of Love for a pair of tens. Tens bet. | 双十之爱 一对十,押了 |
[28:03] | You’re particularly upbeat for someone who’s been shot at twice in four years. | 你对“四年被枪击两次者” 很看得开 |
[28:07] | Am I? That’s because I’ve got faith there, mi compadre. | 我是吗?那是因为我有信心 我的至友 |
[28:11] | – Faith? – The substance of things hoped for… | -信心? -信就是所望之事的实底 |
[28:14] | …and the evidence of things not seen. | 是未见之事的确据 |
[28:16] | Yeah, but I think what he’s asking… Bump 10. | 是的,但我认为他问的是 加十 |
[28:19] | I think what he’s asking is why on most other nights… | 我想,他问的是 为什么以前那些时候 |
[28:22] | …do you think the world’s going to hell, but tonight…? | 你都会认为世界就要毁灭了 但今晚? |
[28:25] | We dip twice, eat gefilte fish? | 我们躲过两次了,吃烤鱼? |
[28:27] | Susie Cream Cheese, do not attempt the Haggadah. | 奶油干酪,可别开始诵经 |
[28:30] | I know how to bless the soup too. I’ll raise your raise. | 我还知道如何对着汤着祈福 你加码我就加 |
[28:35] | – Out. – It’s just the two of us. | -出局 -只剩我们两个 |
[28:38] | – Faith in what? – In us. | -信心何在? -在我们 |
[28:41] | – The people in this room? – And many, many, many others. | -这房间里的人? -和很多,很多,很多的人 |
[28:44] | – Will, you missing your plane? – Not yet. | -威尔,你错过班机了吗? -还没 |
[28:46] | A military flight, doesn’t leave till 12:30. | 军事飞行 要到十二点半才出发 |
[28:49] | – What’s in Cheyenne? – A number of us are being sent… | -夏安有什么事? -我们很多人被派去 |
[28:52] | …to investigate something that happened. | 调查某件事 |
[28:54] | What happened? | 什么事? |
[28:55] | It sounds worse when you say it, because it makes people kind of nervous. | 说出来会很严重的样子 因为会让人不安 |
[29:01] | What happened? | 发生什么事? |
[29:03] | Two guys failed to follow through on an order to fire their rockets… | 两个家伙不遵守 发射飞弹的命令 |
[29:07] | …at what was thought to be an incoming ballistic missile from North Korea. | 原本以为是有弹道飞弹 从北韩射过来 |
[29:11] | Turns out it was good they didn’t, because the missile was a meteor. | 结果,幸好他们没有发射 因为那飞弹其实是个陨石 |
[29:15] | And rather than being from North Korea, it was from, you know… | 不是从北韩发射出来的 那是从 |
[29:20] | – Outer space. – Yeah. | -外太空发射的 -是 |
[29:22] | What the hell happened? | 到底是什么事? |
[29:24] | Two launch-crew officers in Minuteman Three silos picked up a signal… | 两位第三洲际弹道飞弹基地的 发射军官收到讯号 |
[29:29] | …of an incoming projectile, the speed, arc and trajectory of which… | 显示有发射物过来 从速度、弧形和轨道 |
[29:32] | …suggested it was headed to New London, Connecticut. | 判定是要打向康奈迪克州 新伦敦市的方向 |
[29:35] | – From North Korea? – Yes. | -从北韩发射的? -是的 |
[29:37] | Why do we think, at this point, North Korea is attacking the East Coast? | 为什么我们认为 北韩会在此时攻击东岸? |
[29:41] | There are transcripts from the silo that show surprise was expressed at that. | 从飞弹基地的记录看来 当时大家都很惊讶 |
[29:45] | – I would think. – The base was at DEFCON Delta… | -可想而知 -基地当时是在极高警报层级 |
[29:49] | …so the launch crew initiated response code Orion… | 所以发射军官 依第一步骤发出密码 |
[29:52] | …which calls for the first in a series of steps to arm their 50 Minutemen. | 要求武装基地的五十个洲际弹道飞弹 |
[29:57] | – What’s in New London? – Trident. | -新伦敦有什么? -三叉戟 |
[29:59] | The gum? | 口香糖? |
[30:01] | The nuclear submarines. | 核子潜艇小组 |
[30:03] | Fifty Minutemen they’re arming, and is anyone saying this doesn’t make sense? | 武装五十枚飞弹 还没有人质疑? |
[30:07] | Two guys in the silo. The launch sequence went on for two minutes… | 飞弹基地的两位军官有 在发射程序开始两分钟后 |
[30:11] | …before they had confirmation it was a meteor. | 他们才确认是陨石 |
[30:13] | But the guys were debating with launch control and the operations center… | 但那两个家伙对操作中心 在质疑发射的必要性 |
[30:18] | …and that gets sticky. This is missile defense, this stuff has to work. | 这情况很麻烦,这可是飞弹防御 这类的东西必需要运作 |
[30:22] | And they’re sending in a team of lawyers to look into it. | 于是他们派了一组律师去调查 |
[30:25] | Yeah, but we’re scrappy. | 对,我们真是好斗 |
[30:28] | A meteor fell, the result being two guys are gonna get court-martialed. | 陨石掉下来,结果是 两个家伙要上军事法庭 |
[30:32] | The only two guys who apparently thought it was strange… | 就是那两个质疑 |
[30:36] | …that North Korea would attack submarines in Connecticut… | 北韩会攻击 康奈迪克州潜艇基地的人 |
[30:39] | …instead of, say, San Diego or Hawaii. And if it had been a real attack… | 要攻击也是圣地牙哥或夏威夷 不过,万一是真的攻击 |
[30:43] | …would they still have been doing point-counterpoint with NORAD? | 他们能跟北美防空司令部 讨论什么相对观点吗? |
[30:49] | We failed both on a mechanical and human level. | 我们的机制性和人性都失败了 |
[30:54] | – So tell me again what you have faith in. – Us. | -再说说你有什么信心吧 -我们 |
[30:56] | – Why? – With what little time he has… | -为什么? -从威尔仅有的一点时间 |
[30:59] | …Will is going to defend these guys. I don’t think it is failing on a human level. | 要替这两人辩护 我不认为这是人性的失败 |
[31:10] | I’ve got ace-high flush. Give me your money. | 我有A带头的同花 把钱给我 |
[31:13] | I’ve got 10s full of queens, give me yours. | 我满手皇后 钱乖乖交出来 |
[31:16] | – Hey. – Who’s out there? | -嘿 -是谁? |
[31:19] | Zoey. | 柔依 |
[31:30] | – Oh, hey. – Hi. | -哦,嘿 -嗨 |
[31:32] | Just stepping outside for some air. | 我正好出来呼吸新鲜空气 |
[31:34] | – They just let me in. – Everything’s fine. | -他们让我进来 -大家都没事 |
[31:36] | – I wanted to check. I was gonna call you. – Were you? | -我想看看,我原想打电话给你 -是吗? |
[31:39] | – Yeah. – You wanted to get together? | -是的 -说你想复合吗? |
[31:41] | – To make sure you were alive. – Well, that’s a step in my direction. | -我想确认你还活着 -那算不错的进展 |
[31:44] | – You wanna come inside for a minute? – I have to study. | -想进去一下吗? -我要回去读书 |
[31:47] | One of my finals is tomorrow. | 明天有期末考 |
[31:49] | – Can you believe you’re graduating? – I can’t. | -你过两周就要毕业了吗? -难以置信 |
[31:51] | – That went fast. – It really did. | -时间过的很快 -的确是 |
[31:53] | Is Chef Boyardee around? | 大头男友在附近吗? |
[31:55] | – Why do you have to do that? – I was asking. | -你干嘛要这样说? -我只是问 |
[31:57] | – We were having a nice… – Sorry. | -我们刚刚很 -抱歉 |
[31:59] | – When tonight we should be thinking… – How’s tonight different? | -今晚我们应该好好思考 -今晚有什么不同? |
[32:03] | You were shot at. | 你被攻击 |
[32:04] | – Well, not me, but all the more reason… – I’m going to France for three months. | -不是我,但有什么理由 -我要去法国三个月 |
[32:10] | – When? – After graduation. | -何时? -毕业后 |
[32:13] | – For three months? – Yeah. | -待三个月? -是的 |
[32:16] | – For three months? – It’s 12 weeks. | -三个月? -十二周 |
[32:19] | – When did you come up with this? – He asked me a few days ago. | -你什么时候计划的? -他几天前问我的 |
[32:22] | His family has a farmhouse in a vineyard near Avignon. | 他的家人在亚维侬葡萄园 附近有个农庄 |
[32:25] | No press, no politics. It’s what I want to do. | 没有媒体、没有政治 这才是我想要的 |
[32:29] | It’s great. I just don’t know why you’re doing it with him. | 很好,我只是不了解 你为什么和他一起去 |
[32:33] | I don’t know why you have to… | 我不知道你为什么 |
[32:35] | You’ve been out with plenty of women since we broke up… | 我们分手后 你和很多女人出去 |
[32:38] | – I have not. – You don’t think I know? | -我没有 -你以为我都不知道吗? |
[32:41] | Every college student wants to tell me something I don’t know. | 这里的每个大学生 都想跟我说些我不知道的事 |
[32:44] | – And every time, I’ve been supportive. – Supportive how? | -每一次,我都很支持你 -如何支持? |
[32:47] | – I didn’t even know you knew. – That’s how. | -我甚至不晓得你知道了 -就是这样 |
[32:49] | Hey, you just told me. I’m not the one using the student bodies… | 我现在才知道 动员乔治城大学 |
[32:52] | …of GW, Georgetown and AU as intelligence-gathering sources. | 天主教大学的学生 去搜集情报的可不是我 |
[32:56] | And UVA and Johns Hopkins, pal. You’re easy to spot. | 还有维吉尼亚和约翰霍普金斯大学 你是很容易被看出来的 |
[32:59] | – Look… – People like giving me information. | -听着 -人们喜欢提供我情报 |
[33:01] | – What do you want me to do? – I want you to not go to France. | -你要我怎么办? -我希望你不要跟他去法国 |
[33:04] | Why don’t you like him? | 你为什么不喜欢他? |
[33:08] | Because. | 因为 |
[33:14] | It’s been four years in the White House. | 在白宫四年了 |
[33:18] | Another being the daughter of a candidate. | 另一个身分是竞选人的女儿 |
[33:22] | Eight years as governor. | 或八年州长的女儿 |
[33:26] | My grades get printed in the paper. My boyfriends are in the paper. | 我的成绩会被登在报上 我的男朋友全上报了 |
[33:34] | I live and die with my parents’ successes and failures. | 我的命运和我父母的成败 紧紧相连 |
[33:40] | And so do you. | 你也是 |
[33:42] | Sometimes even more than me. | 有时比我更受影响 |
[33:46] | And Jean Paul doesn’t. | 但尚保罗不是 |
[33:49] | He’s happy. He’s just happy. | 他很快乐,他就是快乐 |
[33:55] | That’s because he’s got $500 million and no conscience. | 因为他有五亿元又没良知 |
[33:59] | No, it isn’t. | 不,不是 |
[34:01] | He cares about things, and one of them is me. | 他关心很多事情 我就是其中之一 |
[34:06] | And none of them are this, and that’s appealing to me right now. | 他关切的事完全无关政治 这是目前他吸引我的地方 |
[34:16] | Yeah, I can understand that. | 是的,我能了解 |
[34:22] | I gotta go study. | 我要去念书了 |
[34:25] | – Sorry you got shot at again. – Thanks. | -很遗憾你又被攻击了 -谢谢 |
[34:45] | – Mr. President… – Peter… | -总统先生 -彼得 |
[34:47] | – Unless there was a typhoon… – I understand. I meant… | -除非有讳风 -我了解,我的意思是 |
[34:50] | He’s yelling at me pretty loud now. | 现在他说话变大声了 |
[34:52] | I wasn’t referring to the change in weather, sir. | 我不是指天气的变化 先生 |
[34:55] | The National Radar Center does not find any UAVs in the area you discussed. | 国家雷达探测中心在你说的地区 没发现任何无人驾驶飞机 |
[35:00] | It’s Leo again. The UAVs are designed to fly below military radar… | 我是里奥,无人飞机是低飞设计 不易被军用雷达发现 |
[35:03] | …simply because the closer we get, the better the pictures. | 只是因为距离愈近 照片拍的愈清楚 |
[35:07] | I understand. Now, what were you taking pictures of? | 我了解 你们在拍摄什么照片? |
[35:11] | – Coastal erosion in the Baltic… – There is simply no way… | -波罗的海的沿岸侵蚀 -这是不可能的 |
[35:14] | …an American UAV… | 哪有一架美国无人机 |
[35:16] | …could have been near the Finnish… – Yelling at Leo. | -会去靠近芬兰的 -在对里奥大叫了 |
[35:19] | – Sir… …part of the Baltic… | -先生 -波罗的海 |
[35:21] | …and end up crashing in Kaliningrad… | 最后还会在卡林宁格坠毁 |
[35:24] | …unless there was a typhoon. | 除非有讳风 |
[35:26] | – Now, are you telling me…? – Sir… | -现在,你要不要告诉我? -先生 |
[35:28] | We have experts too… | 我们也有专家 |
[35:30] | …and an S-and-R team is looking for the UAV. | 我们的搜救小组 已经在找寻无人机 |
[35:33] | – Don’t do that. – You shouldn’t do that. | -不要这样做 -你不应该这样做 |
[35:35] | We weren’t flying in your airspace. | 我们不是飞越你们的领空 |
[35:39] | Kaliningrad is in my airspace, Leo… | 卡林宁格是我的领空 里奥 |
[35:42] | …and an S-and-R team has been sent 10 kilometers west… | 搜救小组已经被派到 西方十公里外的区域 |
[35:46] | …to see if they can help find it. | 看看是否能找到 |
[35:48] | They’re gonna see it. In five minutes, I’m telling the president to blow it up. | 他们会看到的,五分钟内 我会请总统将它引爆 |
[35:53] | Feel free. | 请便 |
[35:55] | We were taking pictures of Kaliningrad. | 我们是在拍卡林宁格的照片 |
[36:00] | – Say that again, please. – We were taking pictures of Kaliningrad. | -请再说一次 -我们在拍卡林宁格的照片 |
[36:04] | We take pictures of black-market nuclear materials… | 我们在收集细胞核的黑市交易活动 |
[36:07] | …being moved out the back doors of depositories and into trucks. | 都是从一些仓库后门 搬上卡车的 |
[36:11] | The materials are being sold to nongovernmental elements… | 都卖给非政府组织 |
[36:14] | …and, well, that’s what we were doing. | 没错,这就是我们正在做的事情 |
[36:17] | Rogue engineers, unemployed military scientists, ex-KGB… | 素行不良的工程师,失业军事科学家 前苏联国家安全委员 |
[36:21] | …it’s just as big a problem for you as it is for us… | 是你们的大麻烦 也是我们的 |
[36:24] | …but you’re not dealing with it, so we were taking pictures of Kaliningrad. | 可是你们都不处理 我们只好去卡林宁格拍照片 |
[36:28] | We’re gonna have to trust each other a little, Peter. | 我们必须彼此信任了,彼得 |
[36:31] | So we’re gonna share the pictures, not the technology we used to get them. | 我们愿意分享照片 但不能分享那种科技 |
[36:36] | Otherwise I’m detonating it, and neither of us see the pictures. | 否则,我就把飞机引爆 我们大家都看不到照片 |
[36:42] | We’re gonna have to trust each other. | 我们必需互信 |
[36:45] | Our countries have stopped the world from annihilating itself for 60 years… | 我们两国利用这种对话方式 已经成功阻止世界毁灭 |
[36:49] | …because of conversations like this one. | 有六十年了 |
[36:52] | Why don’t you talk it over. | 你何不再去讨论一下 |
[36:58] | I will. | 我会的 |
[37:05] | Good. | 很好 |
[37:07] | I’d have said,”We weren’t spying on you, we were spying for you,” but… | 我会说“我们没有监视你们 而是为你们监视的” |
[37:11] | If he calls back, we’ll have a deal. In the meantime, one hand. Bring your wallet. | 如果他再打来,就成交了 现在再来一局,钱带好 |
[37:21] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[37:25] | – Hi. – Did you just come by to look at him? | -嗨 -你是顺便来看他的? |
[37:28] | I just wanted to let you know Stanley’s on his cell if you want to talk. | 只想告诉你,史坦利以手机打给你 如果你想谈的话 |
[37:31] | – You called? – To tell him what happened… | -你打给他? -只是跟他说发生的事,还有 |
[37:33] | …and you might call. – I told you I wasn’t. | -你待会儿也许要打给他 -我说过了,我没有要找他 |
[37:36] | – I thought you might change your mind. – I didn’t. I’m telling you… | -我以为你会改变心意 -我没有,我告诉你 |
[37:40] | …there’s something. A guy this qualified, I’d know him. Something’s wrong. | 怪怪的,这家伙很有条件 我应该知道他的,有问题 |
[37:47] | I just figured out what. Come in and say hi. | 我想到了,进来问候一下 |
[37:54] | – You’ve already met Donna. – How are you? | -你见过唐娜了 -你好吗? |
[37:56] | – Enjoying your lockdown? – It’s a thorough interview. | -被封锁在这里好玩吗? -这是个很彻底的面试 |
[37:59] | We talked about his name and New York City… | 我们谈了他的名字 |
[38:01] | …Department of Transportation. And then we talked about inner cities… | 和纽约交通处 然后我们谈市区 |
[38:05] | …and jobs and minimum wage and public schools and foreign aid. | 工作、最低薪资、公立学校 和外交援助 |
[38:10] | Hitting all the Democrat G-spots. And it wasn’t until now… | 谈到民主党所有的高点 直到现在 |
[38:13] | …that I realized there was something I forgot. Are you a registered Democrat? | 我才发现忘了问你一件事 你是注册的民主党员吗? |
[38:18] | No. | 不是 |
[38:19] | – You’re a registered Independent? – No. | -注册的独立党人? -不是 |
[38:22] | – Are you registered? – Yes. | -你有注册任何政党吗? -是的 |
[38:24] | – You’re a Republican. – Yes. | -你是共和党的 -是 |
[38:27] | Joe, it’s fine. Ainsley Hayes was a Republican. | 乔伊,没关系 艾金丝莉海耶也是共和党员 |
[38:29] | – It is not fine. – Why not? | -有关系 -为什么? |
[38:31] | If you’re a Republican, you damn well better look like Ainsley Hayes. | 如果你是共和党员 最好像艾金丝莉一样漂亮才行 |
[38:35] | He does! | 他是啊! |
[38:38] | He will to others. | 胜过其他人 |
[38:40] | You don’t want a job with your party? | 你不想在你自家政党谋职吗? |
[38:42] | – I do, I just can’t. – Why? | -我想,但我不能 -为什么? |
[38:44] | I’m in the doghouse with people at the National Committee. | 我被打入全委会的冷宫 |
[38:47] | – Why? – A memo… | -为什么? -有份备忘录 |
[38:49] | …that I wrote for the solicitor general… | 我替总检察长写的 |
[38:51] | …arguing the Supreme Court should uphold regulations… | 争辩最高法院应该针对 |
[38:54] | …that limit soft money to political campaigns. | 不受规范的政治竞选软钱 加强其规范 |
[38:57] | That kind of thing’s gotta wind you up in GOP jail for the same amount of time… | 这种事会让你打入 共和党全委会的后宫一段时间 |
[39:02] | As a Democrat who speaks out against abortion? | 就像身为民主党员 反对��胎一样的下场吗? |
[39:06] | Right. | 没错 |
[39:09] | Why work here? Why not the private sector? | 为什么要在这里工作? 不到私人机构? |
[39:11] | I’m on my way to New York. | 我正想要去纽约 |
[39:13] | – Have something lined up? – Final interview, Debevoise & Plimpton. | -有排一些计划吗? -最后面试是帝博律师事务所 |
[39:16] | – My father’s firm. He was a partner. – I know. | -是我父亲的,他是合伙人 -我知道 |
[39:19] | They’re gonna offer you $225,000 a year. Is this your fallback? | 他们会提出年薪二十二万五千 那是你的后路吗? |
[39:24] | They’re my fallback. | 他们是我的后路 |
[39:27] | Why do you wanna work here? | 你为什么想在这里工作? |
[39:28] | I like public service. I wanna serve. You guys are the only ones left. | 我喜欢公共服务,我喜欢服务 你们是我仅有的机会了 |
[39:39] | Why haven’t you signed the questionnaire? | 你为何不在问卷下方签名? |
[39:43] | Because I can’t. | 因为我不能 |
[39:45] | – You lied on it? – Yeah. | -回答不实? -对 |
[39:48] | – Which question? – Seventy-five. | -哪个问题? -第七十五题 |
[39:50] | “Have you ever done anything that would reflect poorly on the president?” | “你曾做过任何事 严重负面的影响了总统?” |
[39:54] | – What did you do? – I didn’t vote for him. | -你做了什么? -我没有投给他 |
[39:58] | That’s really very sweet. | 真可爱 |
[40:02] | Not to me. | 不是对我 |
[40:05] | – You really wanna work with us? – Yes. | -你真的想在我们这边工作? -是的 |
[40:08] | You know we got shot at tonight, on a Friday. | 你知道我们今晚被攻击 星期五 |
[40:11] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[40:13] | All right. | 好 |
[40:17] | I’m recommending you to Leo. | 我会跟里奥推荐你 |
[40:21] | – Last card for the players. – Hurry, they’re gonna call us back. | -最后一张牌 -快点,他们快要回电了 |
[40:26] | – Debbie, do something. – Fifty dollars. | -黛比,想点办法 -五十块钱 |
[40:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:34] | – Is the pastrami from Krupin’s? – Yes. | -�`牛肉是古宝的吗? -是的 |
[40:36] | – Tissue-paper thin? – Yes. | -像面纸般薄? -是的 |
[40:38] | – Mr. President. – Damn it. | -总统先生 -可恶 |
[40:40] | – Chigorin? – Yes, sir. They’re ready for you. | -希哥林? -是的,先生,他们在等你 |
[40:44] | Nice job. | 干得好 |
[40:48] | Okay, I’ve searched”equinox” and “egg.” The news isn’t good for believers. | 好,我搜寻过“分点”和“蛋” 结果使人失望 |
[40:52] | What sites did they send you to? | 查到有哪些网站? |
[40:54] | – Thingsthatarewrong. Com. – There’s no such site. | -错误观念达康网 -没有这网站 |
[40:58] | “This has to be the silliest misconception around, and it never seems to die.” | “这是最愚蠢的误解 但似乎永远在流传” |
[41:02] | They also send you to The Apocryphal Zone and Project ASTRO UTAH. | 还有不可思议区 和犹他天文计划 |
[41:06] | – There’s no website supporting it? – No. | -没有网站支持这种说法吗? -没有 |
[41:09] | You gotta ask yourself, if no one on the Internet… | 你得想个清楚 如果网路上都没有人 |
[41:11] | …wants a piece of this, just how far from the pack have you strayed? | 在查这个东西 可见你的方向走偏了? |
[41:16] | I could have sworn I saw it. | 我发誓我应该看过 |
[41:18] | – Oh, now you think you saw it. – I could have sworn. | -好,这下你是误以为你见过 -我应该看过 |
[41:22] | We’re back up, everybody. Thank you. | 我们要回去了,谢谢大家 |
[41:24] | – What’s the deal with the guy? – He was by himself. | -那家伙是怎样? -他是一个人 |
[41:27] | – He’s not connected to anything? – No. | -他没有牵涉任何组织? -没有 |
[41:29] | Just a troubled guy. He was attempting what’s called”suicide by cop.” | 只是个问题人物 他意图寻求“警察协助自杀” |
[41:34] | He wanted the first agents at the scene to shoot him. | 他希望一流的干员 在现场直接射杀他 |
[41:37] | Anyway, thank you for your cooperation. | 谢谢你们的合作 |
[41:43] | I’m heading to Andrews. | 我要去安德鲁基地了 |
[41:46] | – Have a safe flight. – I’m cashed out, anyone need a ride? | -祝你飞行愉快 -我没钱了,有人要搭便车吗? |
[41:49] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[42:10] | – Headed home? – In just a minute. | -要回家了吗? -再等一下 |
[42:11] | I’m gonna let them know outside that they lifted the crash. | 我还要让外界知道 封锁解除了 |
[42:17] | See you in the morning. | 明天见 |
[42:47] | Guys? | 各位? |
[42:50] | Hey, you guys? | 喂,大家人呢? |