时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | Senator, you’re the favorite to be the Democratic nominee for president. | 议员,你是民主党提名 最佳的总统参选人 |
[00:11] | I’d like you to come to Nashua, New Hampshire Thursday… | 我希望你星期四到 新罕普夏州的纳许城 |
[00:14] | …and hear Jed Bartlet speak. – I work for Senator Hoynes. | -听杰德巴特勒的演讲 -我是替何尼斯议员工作 |
[00:17] | I’d like you to be the vice president. | 我希望你当我的副总统 |
[00:19] | – Josh Lyman. – Joseph Quincy. | -乔西赖曼 -乔瑟夫昆西 |
[00:21] | A guy this qualified, I’d know him. Something’s wrong. | 这家伙条件很好 我应该认得他,有问题 |
[00:24] | – You’re a Republican. – Yes. | -你是共和党员 -是的 |
[00:27] | Joe, it’s fine. Ainsley Hayes was a Republican. | 乔伊,没关系 艾金丝莉也是共和党员 |
[00:29] | – It’s not fine. – Why not? | -有关系! -为什么? |
[00:31] | If you’re a Republican, you damn well better look like Ainsley Hayes. | 如果是共和党员的话 应该要像艾金丝莉那么漂亮才行! |
[00:35] | He does! | 他有! 剧名:火星上的生物 (星期二 早上五点五十八分) |
[01:18] | I’m Charlie Young. | 我是查理杨 |
[01:47] | – What is your name? – It’s Claire. | -你的大名是? -克莱儿 |
[01:50] | It’s Claire Huddle. | 克莱儿霍得 |
[02:20] | Claire Huddle, Mr. President. | 克莱儿霍得,总统先生 |
[02:23] | It turns out it has to go to the secretary of state. | 结果,还是要转到国务卿 |
[02:27] | There’s a law. It’s 3 U.S.C. 20. | 这是法律,是3USC20条款 |
[02:30] | It goes to the secretary of state, but we’ll take care of it. | 要转给国务卿的 不过我们可以处理 |
[02:39] | Why did you take a cab? | 你为什么要坐计程车? |
[02:41] | – My car wouldn’t start. – I’m sorry? | -我的车发不动 -什么? |
[02:45] | My car wouldn’t start. | 我的车发不动 |
[02:50] | You know what’s in here? | 你知道这里面是什么? |
[02:53] | It’s okay. | 没关系 (本人谨在此 辞去美国副总统职位) (自今日上午六点生效 约翰何尼斯) 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 (二十四小时前) (周一晨间记者会 早上六点) |
[04:08] | – Good morning. – We have a question… | -早安 -我们有个问题 |
[04:10] | Hang on. Happy Birthday, Mark. And don’t ever say I don’t pay attention. | 等等,马克,生日快乐 别说我没关心这些事 |
[04:13] | – My birthday’s in December. – Say it. What do I care. | -我的生日在十二月 -随你,干我何事 |
[04:16] | Does the president have an opinion on the Trustees Report? | 总统对受信托人报告 有意见吗? |
[04:19] | Medicare? I don’t think he’s seen it. I’ll check. | 医疗吗?我不认为他看过了 我会调查 |
[04:22] | H.R. 235, increasing fuel efficiency standards, is he gonna twist arms? | 增加燃料效益标准到HR235 他这不是强人所难吗? |
[04:25] | – He gonna do what he gotta do. – Does that…? | -他该怎么做就会怎么做 -这会? |
[04:27] | He gonna do what he gotta do. | 他该怎么做就会怎么做 |
[04:29] | Will he go to the Children’s Defense Fund Dinner? | 他会参加儿童防卫基金会 的晚餐会吗? |
[04:31] | He wants to, but it’s still early in the week. | 他想去,但这星期才开始 谈这件事还太早 |
[04:34] | – I’m gonna go in. – No, C. J… . | -我要进办公室了 -不,茜洁 |
[04:35] | Katie, I’m sorry. You were asking something… | 凯蒂,抱歉 你刚才要问某件事 |
[04:38] | …and I cut you off to wish Mark a happy birthday, just in case. | 我打断了你 祝马克生日快乐,为防万一 |
[04:41] | Come in with me. | 请你跟我进来 |
[04:43] | – This is Ralph Gish, our science editor. – It’s my pleasure. | -这位是劳夫基许,科学编辑 -幸会 |
[04:46] | – Same, yes. – Why is science coming here? | -我也是,是的 -科学家为什么来白宫? |
[04:48] | – It’s about the vice president. – Come on in. | -是关于副总统 -请进来 |
[04:56] | You familiar with the NASA Commission on Space Science and Research? | 你熟悉美国太空总署 太空科学与研究委员会? |
[04:59] | I’m aware it exists. I can take your question to our science adviser. | 制片:尼尔海恩二世 我只知道这委员会 我可以把你的问题交给科学顾问 |
[05:03] | No. This is not a science question. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 |
[05:05] | Is the White House concealing a report from the commission… | 不,这不是科学的问题 白宫是否瞒着委员会一份 |
[05:08] | …containing two different pieces of evidence of water molecules on Mars? | 两件关于火星上水分子证物的报告? |
[05:13] | Is there a report not being released… | 太空总署太空科学与研究 委员会 |
[05:15] | …from the NASA Commission on Space Science and Research, saying: | 是不是有一份没被发布的报告 里面写着: |
[05:19] | “Fossilized water molecules were found on a meteorite”? | “陨石上发现化石水分子”? |
[05:22] | I won’t say when it blew off the surface of Mars… | 我不敢说它是何时 从火星的表面上飞出来的 |
[05:24] | Come here. | 过来 |
[05:28] | I called you back for a single in front of everybody, that costs me. | 我在大家的面前叫你跟上来 我是得付出代价的 |
[05:32] | Your question is,”Is there life on Mars, and is the White House hiding it?” | 你的问题是“火星上有生命吗? 白宫有隐瞒吗?” |
[05:36] | How does this involve the vice president? | 制片:李维林威尔斯 -这跟副总统有什么关系? -他是这委员会的主席 编剧:艾伦索金 资料来源说,是他亲口说的 -这太荒唐了! -我知道,但基许 |
[05:38] | He heads the commission. A source says he told them personally. | |
[05:42] | – That’s absurd! – I know, but Gish… | |
[05:44] | Ask Gish what credible source goes to the science editor… | 问基许,有哪位可靠的资料来源 会找上科学编辑的 |
[05:47] | He doesn’t know who the source is. The source went to another reporter… | 导演:约翰大卫寇尔斯 他不知道资料来源是谁 那来源是对另一位记者说 |
[05:51] | …and that reporter went to Gish. | 后来那位记者又来找基许 |
[05:55] | I can’t imagine that it’s true. | 我无法想像这是真的 |
[05:59] | Is there an existing report that says anything at all? | 目前有一份报告记载任何事吗? |
[06:01] | If so, what? Will it be made public? If not, why? And if not, isn’t that illegal? | 若有,为何?能公开吗?若没有 何来此说?这不是违法的吗? |
[06:09] | I don’t know. But I’ll find out to the first bunch of questions… | 我不知道,但我会去查 这一堆问题 |
[06:13] | …and as for”legal” and”not legal,” that’s a matter for the counsel’s office. | 至于“合法”和“违法” 这是顾问办公室的问题 |
[06:17] | Oh! Hey, yeah, that’s a matter for the counsel’s office. | 哦!是的 这是顾问办公室的问题 |
[06:20] | I know the right guy to speak to down there. He’s gonna fix you right up. | 我知道该找哪个人谈 他能解决你们的问题 |
[06:44] | – Mr. Quincy? – Yeah. | -昆西先生? -是 |
[06:46] | I’m Blair Spoonhour. I’m with the counsel’s office. | 我是布莱儿史普尔 我在顾问办公室工作 |
[06:49] | – You’re with the counsel’s office? – Yeah. | -你在顾问办公室工作? -是的 |
[06:51] | – What are you, 14? – Thank you. No, I’m 22. | -你几岁,14? -谢谢你,不,我22 |
[06:54] | I’m a law student at GW. | 我是乔治城大学的法学院学生 |
[06:55] | – What year? – I just finished my first. | -几年级? -我刚结束第一年学业 |
[06:58] | Anyway, they share assistants in the counsel’s office, but they asked me… | 总之,顾问办公室共用所有助理 不过,他们要我 |
[07:02] | …to stick around to break you in. | 过来带你入门 |
[07:04] | Break me in? You’re 22 years old and… Where am I right now? | 带我入门?你22岁 而现在这里是什么地方? |
[07:08] | This is the office traditionally given to new lawyers who are hired. | 这个办公室传统上 是给新聘律师用的 |
[07:12] | And what is it when it’s not occupied? | 没用到这里时 这里是什么地方? |
[07:14] | The Steam Pipe Trunk Distribution Venue. | 蒸汽烟管卡车分派场 |
[07:17] | This White House doesn’t like lawyers, do they? | 白宫不喜欢律师,是吗? |
[07:20] | Really, they just hold them one rung above being a Republican. | 真的,在他们眼里 律师只比共和党高一档 |
[07:23] | Then we’ve won the jackpot, haven’t we? | 这么说,我们不是中特大奖了? |
[07:25] | Don’t tell me that you’re one of those people who group up… | 别说你也像那些 跟父母在一起 |
[07:28] | You know what, law school? Let’s settle down. | 好了,法学院? 我们就来谈清楚好了 |
[07:30] | Do I have memos I have to read? | 我有备忘录要看的吗? |
[07:32] | What did you think that these were? | 你以为这些是什么? |
[07:35] | I thought that was Xerox paper. | 我以为是影印纸 |
[07:37] | You’re associate White House counsel, Mr. Quincy… | 你是白宫的顾问 昆西先生 |
[07:39] | …we’re not gonna store Xerox paper in here. | 我们不会把影印纸 存放在你办公室的 |
[07:42] | Sure, we’d never want to compromise the aesthetic integrity… | 当然,我们从来不敢破坏 |
[07:45] | …of the Steam Pipe Trunk Distribution Venue. | 蒸汽烟管卡车分配场的美学 |
[07:47] | Triage those. What I should read first, second, third. | 我该先看什么,请分优先顺序 第一、第二、第三 |
[07:51] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[07:55] | – That’s a great outfit, Blair. – Thank you. | -衣服真美,布莱儿 -谢谢你 |
[07:58] | – This is Press Secretary C.J. Cregg. – Yeah. Thanks. | -这位新闻处发言人,茜洁葛瑞 -是,谢谢 |
[08:02] | And don’t feel like you should help me with these. | 别觉得你应该帮我做这种事 |
[08:05] | There are only nine and it’s an easy flight of stairs. | 反正只有九箱 而且这楼梯也不难走 |
[08:08] | – Go to work. – He’s a Republican too. | -去工作了 -他也是个共和党员 |
[08:10] | – Thank you. – Yes, he’s a Republican. Mr. Quincy is. | -谢谢你 -他是共和党没错,昆西先生是的 |
[08:13] | Joe. | 乔伊 |
[08:14] | This is a cool office, Joe. | 这办公室很酷,乔伊 |
[08:16] | You got a little window up there near the ceiling that looks out onto the… . | 你在靠近天花板的地方 还有小窗户可看到 |
[08:21] | The… . What do you call it? The… . | 这这个叫做什么? |
[08:23] | – Alley? – Yeah. | -巷道? -对 |
[08:24] | If you hang them on that pipe late afternoon… | 下午时,你如果把衣服 挂在烟管上 |
[08:27] | …you get your suits pressed. – You’re the welcoming committee? | -还可以烫平你的外套 -你是欢迎委员之一吗? |
[08:30] | No, but that’s a good idea. Let me show you around. | 不是,但这是个好主意 我带你逛逛 |
[08:33] | I should probably stay and get started… | 我最好留下来准备开始 |
[08:35] | Joe, I outrank you by, like, 17 rungs, so follow me, would you? | 乔伊,我的职位高你十七级 跟我来,好吧? |
[08:38] | – Sure. – Come on, it’s gonna be fun. | -当然 -来吧,会很有趣的 |
[08:41] | If it’s not, pretend that it is. You know why? | 如果不会呢,就假装一下 知道为什么呢? |
[08:43] | Because you outrank me by, like, 17 rungs. | 因为你的职位高我十七级 |
[08:46] | Hey, no, but again, I like how you’re thinking. | 不是的,不过,我欣赏你的想法 |
[08:50] | You know what I’ll get asked about probably at my briefing today? | 你知道我在今天简报会 可能会被问到什么问题? |
[08:53] | The Department of Agriculture report that’ll come out… | 农业部报告将出来 |
[08:56] | …saying commodity prices are down six percent… | 写着原物料价格下降百分之六 |
[08:58] | …and will the White House respond to broke farmers? | 白宫会对破产的农夫做回应吗? |
[09:01] | I thought since the Republicans tore up the farm safety net… | 我认为既然是共和党员 撕毁农场安全网脉的 |
[09:04] | …you might know what I should say. | 你也许知道我该说什么 |
[09:06] | “Food is cheaper and that’s good”? | “食品变便宜了,那很好”? |
[09:08] | You’re saying it’s good farmers can’t sell what they grow? | 你是说农夫卖不掉 他们种的产品是好事吗? |
[09:11] | No, I wasn’t. I was saying that it’s good… | 不,我没有,我是说 这是好事 |
[09:13] | …you can buy food for less than an entire wage. | 你不用把所有薪资 都拿去买吃的 |
[09:16] | It’s good, except, whoa, those pesky farmers again. | 这是好事,除了 那些讨厌的农夫之外 |
[09:19] | Don’t worry about it. There aren’t that many. | 不过,别担心,反正农夫没很多 |
[09:21] | No, wait, I misspoke. Agriculture is this country’s biggest industry. | 不,等等,我说错了 农业是这国家最大的产业 |
[09:25] | Aren’t you showing me around? | 你不是要带我绕一绕吗? |
[09:27] | That was a staircase. What do you want? The Dolley Madison staircase. | 刚刚是阶梯,你还想要什么? 那可是多丽麦迪森的楼梯 |
[09:31] | – Roosevelt Room. I’ve been in there. – Nobody cares. | -那是罗斯福厅,我去过 -谁管你 |
[09:33] | – Okay. – Well, this may sound silly… | -好吧 -这也许听起来很愚蠢 |
[09:35] | …but the science editor from the Post has a source, a blind source… | 但《华盛顿邮报》的科学编辑 有个未经证实的消息来源 |
[09:39] | …who says the vice president personally told him, the blind source… | 有人说副总统亲口说出 这未经证实的消息 |
[09:43] | …the vice president interfered to classify a report… | 副总统介入干预 将一份研究报告归为机密报告 |
[09:46] | …that a NASA commission, which he heads, has, saying there’s life on Mars. | 他所领导的太空署委员会 报告上面写着火星上有生命 |
[09:50] | God, why would you think you’d sound silly? | 你怎会觉得这消息很愚蠢? |
[09:52] | – Would you find out if we broke the law? – Sure. | -你能找出违法的是谁吗? -当然可以 |
[09:55] | The farmers are victims of this Republican Congress. | 农夫是这个共和党国会的 牺牲者 |
[09:57] | I don’t get a vote in the House of Representatives… | 我没去选国会议员 |
[10:00] | …but I go to the store. I know food is cheaper. | 但我有去商店买东西 我知道食物变便宜了 |
[10:03] | I know when life expectancy goes up, that’s not victimizing undertakers. | 我只知道当平均寿命上升 便不是加害承办人 |
[10:06] | Well argued, though I hate you and everything you stand for. | 辩得好,虽然我痛恨你 以及你代表的一切 |
[10:09] | Claudia Jean, usually it takes an hour to hate me and everything I stand for. | 茜洁,我们才认识几分钟 平均要花一小时才会痛恨我的 |
[10:15] | I’m the press secretary, Boo-boo. I don’t have that time. | 我是白宫发言人 我可没那个时间 |
[10:18] | – Can I ask you something? – Yeah. | -我能请教你一件事吗? -可以 |
[10:22] | What do I do if I need to speak to the vice president? | 如果我需要和副总统说话 我该从何开始? |
[10:25] | You speak to the vice president, Joe. You’re his lawyer. | 你就去和副总统谈话,乔伊 你是他的律师 |
[10:40] | The kids, the camping gear, and yeah, even Rex, are all loaded up… | 小孩,露营用具,对 连雷克斯,都上车了 |
[10:44] | … for that vacation you’ve worked hard for. | (早上十一点) 你努力工作就是为了 这美好的休假 |
[10:46] | – Rex is the dog? – Yeah. | -雷克斯是狗吗? -是的 |
[10:48] | Is that what you want to happen on the way to your favorite campsite? | 这就是你前往最爱的营地途中 所应该发生的事吗? |
[10:52] | Tell your congressman that America ‘s about freedom. | 跟你的议员说:美国是自由的国家 |
[10:54] | Tell your congressman to vote “no” on 235. | 叫你的议员对235法案 说“不” |
[10:58] | That family isn’t gonna drive up that hill if we increase fuel efficiency standards. | 如果我们提高燃料效益标准 那家人的车子就没办法开上山了 |
[11:03] | That family isn’t gonna get up the hill because dad’s trying to pull the kids… | 那个家庭不可能开上山 因为那爸爸把小孩子 |
[11:07] | …the camping gear, Rex the dog, and what would appear to be his den… | 露营用具、小狗雷克斯 以及他书房里的东西 |
[11:11] | …up K2 in a Ford Falcon. | 统统装到福特猎鹰两千的车上 |
[11:14] | – Actually, it’s the power of the ad. – Say that again. | -这就是广告的力量 -再说一次 |
[11:16] | Actually, it’s the power of the ad. | 这就是广告的力量 |
[11:19] | – You thought that ad was powerful? – Yeah. You think it sucks? | -你认为那广告有影响力? -对,你觉得很烂吗? |
[11:22] | Yeah. If I’m watching that ad… | 对啊,如果我看那个广告 |
[11:24] | It wasn’t for you. It wasn’t about dad. It was about mom looking worried. | 这广告不是给你看的,非关爸爸 重点在于那忧虑的模范妈妈 |
[11:29] | – That was for soccer mom? That? – Yes. | -这是给中产阶级模范妈妈看的? -对 |
[11:31] | Soccer moms recognize a Big Three hosing… | 模范好妈妈 会认得BIG3的品质标准 |
[11:33] | …when it walks up and introduces itself good as anyone… | 而且还能专业的介绍其优点 |
[11:36] | …and they know it begins with”Tell your congressman America’s about freedom.” | 而且还知道要一开始就说 “跟你的议员说美国是自由的” |
[11:40] | And that mom was worried because Dad’s hauling a yard sale up Kilimanjaro. | 那妈妈担心的是;爸爸爬上 世界高峰去拍卖家里的二手货 |
[11:46] | And she’s thinking, “Wow, I married an idiot!” | 她一定在想 “天,我嫁给一个大白痴!” |
[11:49] | She’s worried because the kids are in back. | 她担心是因为孩子坐在后面 |
[11:52] | You think it’ll be effective? | 你认为这广告有效果吗? |
[11:53] | It says the president and some Hollywood types… | 这传达出总统 和一些好莱坞型的人 |
[11:56] | …wanna put your kids in a small car so that they can save the sky. | 要把小孩子放在小车子里 好让他们拯救美丽的天空 |
[11:59] | – How did Hollywood types get into it? – How do they ever? | -怎么扯到好莱坞的? -他们有停过吗? |
[12:04] | – You think we should run a counter ad? – We have to. | -你认为我们要播反向广告? -我们必须做 |
[12:06] | – Saying what? – Oh, I don’t know. | -要说什么? -哦,我不知道 |
[12:10] | – What do you mean? | – What do you mean? -你是什么意思? -你是什么意思? |
[12:13] | We’ve been here 20 minutes. | 我们在这里二十分钟了 |
[12:14] | I came in to show you the spots and tell you we should counter. | 我播广告给你看 告诉你我们应该对打这只广告 |
[12:17] | I don’t have an idea for one. | 至于广告内容,我还没有想法 |
[12:19] | Well, get one. Have an idea. Don’t come in here with half a thing… | 那就去想一个 不要带一半的东西来 |
[12:24] | …and not be able to… After you walk me to the brink… | 却不能 你不能带我到山边 |
[12:27] | …and say,”We’ve gotta do this, it’s important, though I have no idea how”! | 说“我们要做这件事 很重要,但我不知道怎么做” ! |
[12:31] | Like one of those guys who buys a new thing… | 就像买个新东西的人 |
[12:34] | …but doesn’t know how to get the most out of it! | 却不知道如何充分利用! |
[12:37] | Toby, either get Andy to marry you, or kill yourself. | 托比,你快叫安娣嫁给你 不然就上吊自尽算了 |
[12:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:43] | – I’ll start putting together a counter ad. – Thanks. | -我会开始准备反击广告 -谢谢 |
[12:46] | Want me to turn the lights down, draw the blinds? | 要我把灯关掉吗 或拉上窗帘? |
[12:49] | – No. – Okay. | -不用 -好 |
[13:05] | Stop it. | 别敲了 |
[13:09] | Stop it. | 别敲了 |
[13:13] | Stop it. | 别敲了 |
[13:17] | You have to stop it. | 你别敲了 |
[13:26] | Stop it! | 别敲了! |
[13:30] | Stop it. You are gonna hurt your beak. | 别敲了,你会伤到嘴的 |
[13:34] | – Stop it. – What the hell are you doing? | -别敲了! -你在做什么? |
[13:36] | I’m sorry, but this bird has been tapping on the window for… | 抱歉,这只鸟一直在轻敲窗户 |
[13:39] | …I don’t know how long, but a long time. | 我不知道多久,但有一阵子了 |
[13:41] | I’ve lost track because I’m moving into certain phases of dementia. | 害得我无法专心 搞得我快抓狂了 |
[13:45] | – Let me get rid of it. – No, no! | -我来赶走他 -不,不! |
[13:46] | – What are you gonna do? – Scare him away. | -你想做什么? -把他吓走 |
[13:49] | No, it’s not nice. | 不,这样不好 |
[13:50] | – I’m not gonna hurt him. – He’s not bothering anybody. | -我不会伤他 -他又没打扰任何人 |
[13:53] | – He’s gonna be bothering me, right? – No. | -等一下,他就会打扰到我吧? -不 |
[13:56] | Stop it. | 别敲了 |
[13:58] | – No. You’re gonna wanna go see Leo. – Why? | -不,你要去见里奥 -为什么? |
[14:00] | Carol got a call:”Did the White House press the Justice Department… | 卡萝接到一通电话: “白宫有向司法部门施压 |
[14:04] | …to call off their investigation of Casseon?” | 取消他们对凯斯恩的调查吗?” |
[14:06] | – No. – No what? | -没有 -没有什么? |
[14:08] | – No, we didn’t. – You don’t wanna take the call to Leo? | -没有,我们没有 -你不想打给里奥谈吗? |
[14:11] | Justice didn’t call it off. They reached a settlement with Casseon. | 司法部门没取消 他们与凯斯恩和解 |
[14:14] | It was from the Post. They have a source. | 这是从《华盛顿邮报》登出来的 他们有消息来源 |
[14:16] | You can work with C.J. ‘s office to run down the source, I guess. | 你可以去茜洁的办公室问来源 |
[14:20] | You’re saying I can do this? | 你是说,我可以做这件事吗? |
[14:22] | – Excuse me. – Hey. | -抱歉 -嘿 |
[14:24] | – Hang on. How’s it going so far? – Good, thanks. | -等等还顺利吗? -很好,谢谢 |
[14:26] | If I had a few questions for Leo McGarry… | 如果我要向里奥马加瑞 问一些问题 |
[14:29] | …do I go straight to his office or do I run it by you? | 我是直接到他的办公室 或先来找你谈? |
[14:31] | At the beginning, give me a quick hit… | 刚开始,我希望你扼要地跟我说明 |
[14:34] | …just so you can learn how to keep the crazy stuff out of his office. | 这样你以后就懂得 别把所有垃圾送到他办公室 |
[14:37] | – Stop it. | – Stop it. -别敲了 -别敲了 |
[14:39] | – What do you got? – Reporter looking into the White House… | -你有什么事? -有个记者调查白宫是否压制 |
[14:42] | …suppressing a NASA commission. | 太空总署委员会的东西 |
[14:45] | This is two in one day. I just got: | 一天两个,我才刚收到: |
[14:48] | “Did the White House interfere with Casseon antitrust?” | “白宫有干预凯斯恩的 反托拉斯?” |
[14:50] | Yeah… | 对 |
[14:52] | …you can go ahead and work with C.J. ‘s office. And, sure. | 你可以去茜洁的办公室 当然可以 |
[14:55] | – Thanks. – Wait. | -谢谢 -等等 |
[14:59] | What did we get for calling off the DOJ? | 他们说我们用什么来交换 取消司法部的调查? |
[15:01] | A hundred thousand computers in classrooms. | 十万台放在教室里的电脑 |
[15:04] | – They said that? You weren’t joking? – No. | -他们这样说?不是开玩笑的? -不是 |
[15:07] | They said that to… . | 他们说的 |
[15:09] | – Carol said the reporter said that? – Yeah. | -卡萝说记者这么说的? -是的 |
[15:11] | Well, now we go see Leo. | 我们现在去见里奥 |
[15:16] | – So you’re our new sawbones. – A sawbones is a doctor. | -你是我们新来的“大刀” -“大刀”是外科医生的俚语 |
[15:18] | – Is it? – Yeah. A lawyer’s a shyster. | -是吗? -是的,律师是“缺德鬼” |
[15:21] | I got him to say it. | 我让他自己说出口了 |
[15:22] | I don’t… Josh is a lawyer. | 我不乔西也是律师 |
[15:25] | Well, yeah. I mean, he went to law school, but… . | 是,我是指他只有上法学院 但 |
[15:28] | You don’t practice law is all I was saying. | 你又没有执业的经验 |
[15:31] | I don’t practice law? I write the laws. I make the laws. I am the law! | 我没执业经验?我写法律 我制定法律,我就是法律! |
[15:36] | We’re having a problem with a bird outside our office. Are you? | 我们办公室窗外有小鸟骚扰 你呢? |
[15:40] | Better than that, I think I may have a family of bats. | 哦,好多了,我想我那里 可能有个蝙蝠家族 |
[15:42] | – Margaret, this is Joe Quincy. – Yes, Joe. | -玛格丽特,他是乔伊昆西 -是的,乔伊 |
[15:45] | The girls in Political Affairs asked me to tell you they wouldn’t have covered… | 政策事务部的女孩们 请我转告你 |
[15:49] | …your parking spot with mayonnaise if they’d known you were a biscuit. | 早知道你以前是个共和党 他们就不会在你的车位洒美乐滋 |
[15:53] | Okay. Well, tell them, you know, no problem. | 好的,跟她们说,没关系 |
[15:57] | – Leo? – What do you need? Quickly. | -里奥? -你要什么?快点 |
[15:59] | Set a record right now. Make the news. | 破记录、有话快说 |
[16:02] | You mind if I go first? | 你介意我先吗? |
[16:04] | Okay, Donna just got a question from the Post, did we…? | 唐娜接到《华盛顿邮报》 问我们是否? |
[16:06] | – I’m sorry, have you met? – I met him. What? | -抱歉,你们见过吗? -我见过他,什么? |
[16:09] | – All right, you go first. – Yeah. | -好的,你先 -好 |
[16:11] | Mr. McGarry, the press secretary came to me… | 马加瑞先生,新闻处发言人 来找我 |
[16:13] | …with a question from the Post… | 是《华盛顿邮报》有个记者说 |
[16:15] | …who has a source claiming a NASA study was classified by the White House. | 消息来源指出太空总署 有份报告被白宫列为机密文件 |
[16:19] | – What do they think it said? – That… . | -他们认为里面写什么? -那 |
[16:22] | Sir, I’m, you know… . | 先生,我,你知道 |
[16:24] | They claim it said that a meteorite from Mars… | 他们声称有火星的陨石 |
[16:28] | …from Mars was discovered in Antarctica… | 大约三十年前 在南极发现的火星陨石 |
[16:31] | …about 30 years ago and that we found fossilized carbonate molecules. | 我们在陨石上 发现化石碳酸分子 |
[16:37] | That we know there’s life on Mars. That’s what they’re saying. | 所以我们知道火星有生命迹象 这是他们说的 |
[16:40] | The Defense Department classified the NASA commission report. | 国防部把太空总署的这份报告 列为机密档案 |
[16:44] | – I’m sorry? – That report was classified by Defense. | -抱歉? -那被国防部列为机密档案 |
[16:48] | – The report exists? – I can’t tell you that. It was classified. | -真有这份报告? -不能告诉你,这是机密 |
[16:52] | I can tell you it was classified by the Defense Department. | 但我可以告诉你 是被国防部列为机密文件的 |
[16:55] | What about you? | 那你呢? |
[16:56] | Did we get the Justice Department to call off its investigation with Casseon? | 我们有请司法部 取消凯斯恩的调查吗? |
[17:02] | – They didn’t call it off. They settled. – Ask Donna what they bribed us with. | -没有取消,是双方合解 -问唐娜他们是用什么赂赂我们的 |
[17:07] | Tell him what the Post said we got. | 跟他说,邮报记者指称 我们拿到什么好处 |
[17:09] | A hundred thousand computers in classrooms. | 在教室装设十万台电脑 |
[17:14] | – What? – That was part of the settlement. | -干嘛? -那是和解的部分条件 |
[17:18] | There’s a leak. This, the Mars people. | 有人泄密,这件事、火星的人 |
[17:21] | Don’t get me started. The stuff I think you still won’t tell me… | 这一切我认为 有些事你还没告诉我 |
[17:26] | Who knew about the terms with Casseon, outside us? And now them. | 除了我们之外 还有谁知道凯斯恩的条件? |
[17:32] | The president, me and you. Counsel. Counsel at Treasury and Commerce. | 总统、我、你、顾问 财务与商业顾问 |
[17:36] | Two, three guys at NEC. Hackley, Little, May. | 两个,三个国家经济委理事会的员工 小哈、小小、小美 |
[17:39] | – The vice president? – Yeah. | -副总统? -对 |
[17:41] | The assistant attorney general for Antitrust. Did we…? | 反托拉斯的检察长助理 我们是不是? |
[17:44] | Excuse me. The vice president knew the terms of the Casseon settlement? | 抱歉,副总统知道 凯斯恩和解的条件? |
[17:48] | – Sure. – Fix this, would you? | -当然 -去处理,可以吗? |
[17:49] | There’s a story we’re obstructing justice, in another, we’re in a Ray Bradbury yarn. | 一个故事说我们在打压司法 另一个把我们变成科幻大戏了 |
[17:54] | – These make me crazy. – Yes, sir. | -快让我抓狂了 -是的,先生 |
[17:56] | – Thank you. | – Thank you. -谢谢你们 -谢谢你 |
[17:57] | – Thank you. | – Thank you. -谢谢你 -谢谢你 |
[18:16] | All right, it’s gotta be something like this. | 好的,应该是像这样的 |
[18:19] | It’s gonna be something… . | 应该是有某种东西 |
[18:20] | All it needs to be… It’s gotta be something pointing to… | (下午两点) 需要是 一定要指向 |
[18:23] | – I’m sorry. Cassie, you had the turkey? – Yeah. | -抱歉,凯西,火鸡你的? -对 |
[18:26] | A soccer mom. No. | 模范妈妈,不 |
[18:28] | Fade in on an SUV stuck in the mud. | 画面显示大型越野车卡在泥巴里 |
[18:31] | The soccer mom behind the wheel is switching from reverse to drive… | 驾驶座上的模范妈妈努力换档 |
[18:35] | …her wheels spinning in place. | 但她的轮子仍在原地转动 |
[18:37] | And behind her we see she’s pulling… Wait for it… . | 从后面我们看到她的车拖着 |
[18:40] | – A Saudi oil rig! | – A Saudi oil rig! That’s exactly right! -一座沙乌地油井! -沙乌地油井!没错! |
[18:45] | She’s trying to pull a Saudi oil rig. | 她努力拖着一座沙乌地油井 |
[18:48] | We’re in mind meld, Lauren Number Two and I. | 我们的脑力激荡 萝兰二号和我 |
[18:50] | – I’m number three. – I moved you up. You see? | -我是三号 -我把升你一级,看吧? |
[18:52] | How are people gonna know it’s a Saudi oil rig? | 观众怎么知道那是沙乌地油井? |
[18:55] | – How are people gonna know it’s Saudi? – Well, that’s a good point. | -观众怎么知道那是沙乌地油井? -有道理 |
[18:59] | You had the number-two ranking among Laurens, but you lost it. | 你本来升级到萝兰二号 但你又退回原位了 |
[19:02] | She’s number one. Then I expect you two to compete for the two spot. | 她是一号,因为她负责食物 而你们两个要竞争二号 |
[19:06] | – Will. – What you got, Lauren Shelby? | -威尔 -怎么样,萝兰雪比? |
[19:08] | What if instead of hauling a Saudi oil rig… | 若不要拖着沙乌地油井 |
[19:10] | …she’s hauling actual Saudis. – Hauling Saudis? | -而是拖真的沙乌地 -拖沙乌地? |
[19:14] | Like a U-Haul full of Saudis? | 就像货车载着沙乌地? |
[19:16] | Maybe the oil rig could have Arabic writing on it. | 也许油井可以标示阿拉伯文字 |
[19:19] | Is this coming awfully close to a spot the Klan might produce? | 这很接近克兰制作的广告? |
[19:22] | I was about to say. | 我正要这么说 |
[19:23] | – You had the chicken? – Thank you. | -你点鸡肉吗? -谢谢你 |
[19:25] | You know what we should do? We should use the same family. | 知道吗?我们应该用同一个家庭 |
[19:28] | Yes! We get the same actors, driving an SUV this time. | 是的!我们找那组演员 让他们开最耗油的休旅车 |
[19:31] | – But they stop every three miles for gas. – I like it. Who else? | -但每开三英里就加一次油 -我喜欢,还有什么? |
[19:35] | – How is that gonna play in 15 seconds? – How’s it gonna play in 15 seconds? | -这样的话才十五秒要怎么播? -十五秒要怎么播? |
[19:40] | – Give your food back. – Will. | -把你的鸡肉还来 -威尔 |
[19:41] | We’re not hauling Saudis! | 我们不要拖沙乌地! |
[19:43] | I’m not saying the soccer mom’s dragging them up the hill… | 我不是说模范妈妈 得拖他们上山 |
[19:47] | …they’d be super comfortable. | 这样的话他们太舒服了 |
[19:48] | – Stop talking. – Okay. | -不要说了 -好的 |
[19:54] | Helen Baldwin is gonna write a book. | 海伦包德温要写一本书 |
[19:57] | She’s retained an agent who’s sent around an outline. There’s a bidding war. | 她请经纪人到处寄送内文大网 市场上已演出价格战争 |
[20:02] | Random House bought it for low seven figures, according to Stu Winkle. | 史杜温克说,蓝灯出版社 用七位数字买到手 |
[20:07] | Could that possibly be his real name? | 可能是他的真名吗? |
[20:10] | “Baldwin, long a fixture in D.C. and Manhattan society… | “包德温,华盛顿特区和 曼哈顿区的社交名媛 |
[20:14] | …whether for work on charity or her position on the arm… | 不管在慈善机关工作或 善用她的社交手腕 |
[20:17] | …of some of Wall Street, Washington and Hollywood’s most eligible men… | 周旋于华尔街、华盛顿 与好莱坞最有身价的男士之间 |
[20:21] | …as well as hosting the Beltway’s…” What the hell kind of sentence is this? | 也是贝特卫酒店的女主” 这算是哪门子文句? |
[20:31] | There’s a 73-year-old lady who works cleaning and winding all the clocks. | 这位七十三岁的女士 整天做清洁和粗重工作 |
[20:35] | She won’t retire. | 她不退休 |
[20:36] | She inherited it from her mother, who inherited it from her mother. | 她遗传自她的母亲 她母亲遗传自她外婆 |
[20:40] | She earns $22,000 a year. | 她一年赚两万两千元 |
[20:42] | She walks in rooms where there’s personal correspondence. | 她可以自由进出 各个有私人对话的房间 |
[20:45] | Where she can hear if the president and first lady are fighting. | 有的地方能听到总统和 第一夫人在争吵 |
[20:48] | Where she can see people come for secret meetings. | 也能看到所有前来 参加秘密会议的人 |
[20:51] | She’s been doing this for five decades of presidents. | 她在总统府做事已经五十年了 |
[20:54] | Her name is Mrs. Wheely. | 她的名字是惠利太太 |
[20:56] | And I said,”Mrs. Wheely, you should really write a book.” | 我说过“惠利太太 你真该写一本书” |
[20:59] | She said,”No, no, no. We don’t do that.” | 她说, “不、不、不 我们不做这种事” |
[21:04] | Twenty-two thousand a year. | 一年才赚两万两千元的人 |
[21:10] | You said I wouldn’t even know you were here. | 你是说 我不知道你人在这里吗? |
[21:12] | Just so you know, I can tell that you are. | 我只想让你知道 我知道你人在 |
[21:20] | Are you eating a salad? | 你在吃沙拉吗? |
[21:23] | – Yeah. – Why? | -是的 -为什么? |
[21:26] | Because I am. | 因为我正在吃? |
[21:28] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen you eat a salad. | 我没看过你吃沙拉 |
[21:31] | What kind of salad is it? | 哪种沙拉? |
[21:33] | – I don’t know. – Is it mixed greens? | -我不知道 -是混合的绿色蔬菜? |
[21:36] | I don’t know what kind of salad. I’m eating a salad, okay? | 我不知道哪种沙拉 我在吃沙拉,可以吗? |
[21:39] | I’m doing it. Do I have to know the names? | 我都在吃了 还需要知道名称吗? |
[21:42] | There’s no difference between them. It’s a bowl of weeds. | 没什么不同 不过就是一碗杂草 |
[21:45] | Some have cheese. This isn’t the kind. Does that answer your question? | 有些有起士,这个没有 我回答你的问题了没? |
[21:49] | Now, how many years have you guys been,”Toby, you eat like a teenager. | 你们已经念几年 “托比,你吃得像个青少年 |
[21:53] | Toby, that’s red meat. That’s your second cigar.” | 托比,那是红肉 这是你的第二根雪茄了” |
[21:55] | Here I am eating a salad, which you could cover in barbecue sauce… | 现在我吃沙拉了 这是可以放烤肉酱 |
[21:59] | …and it would still taste like the ground, and I’m getting heckled! | 但吃起来仍然像在嚼土 我快捉狂了! |
[22:02] | Who wanted to eat his roast beef sandwich with ketchup on a Kaiser roll… | 是谁在吃他的烤牛肉三明治 加蕃茄酱还有凯撒卷的 |
[22:06] | …and watch the damn tennis on my TV! | 然后还用我的电视 看该死的网球比赛! |
[22:11] | That’s all I’m saying. | 这就是我要说的 |
[22:13] | Are you really doing everything you can to get her to marry you? | 你已经极尽所能 要让她跟你结婚吗? |
[22:16] | Yes, I’m doing everything I can. What? | 是的,我极尽所能 干嘛? |
[22:18] | Excuse me, I’m Joe Quincy. | 抱歉,我是乔伊昆西 |
[22:20] | – They told you I was coming by? – Yeah. You’re the new sawbones. | -他们有告诉你我要来吗? -有,你是新来的“大刀” |
[22:23] | Donna Moss already got me to say it. | 唐娜摩斯已经骗过我了 |
[22:26] | Damn it. This is Charlie Young. | 可恶,这位是查理杨 |
[22:28] | – Sure. – How you doing? | -是的 -你好吗? |
[22:29] | Your office had requested comments on your draft statement… | 你的办公室有申请 要对你草拟的声明书做评论 |
[22:33] | …about a decision from the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. | 是关于上诉法院 第四巡回审判庭的决定 |
[22:36] | If counsel’s fine, just have C.J. Cregg’s office put it out. | 若顾问这关可以 就让茜洁的办公室发出去 |
[22:39] | Yeah, I saw it was headed there. The language is incendiary. | 是,我看过,方向很正确 语句很煽动 |
[22:42] | I wasn’t sure if you knew you couldn’t beat up on Appeals… | 但我不确定你是否知道 你不能痛殴上诉法庭 |
[22:45] | …and then expect the Supreme Court to hear the case. | 然后希望最高法院 能看到这个案子 |
[22:49] | Did I beat up on them in the notes for the press comments? | 我有在新闻稿的批注上 痛殴他们吗? |
[22:52] | – Yes. – What’d I say? | -是的 -我说了什么? |
[22:54] | You said, in this case: | 你说,就拿这个例子: |
[22:55] | “The Fourth Circuit lacked the judicial imagination God gave pistachio nuts.” | “第四巡回审判庭缺少 上帝赐给狗屎疯子的司法想像力” |
[23:04] | – They did. – Perhaps. | -他们是如此 -也许 |
[23:07] | Did you think I was gonna have the press secretary on behalf of the president… | 你认为我会让白宫发言人 代表总统 |
[23:12] | …compare a federal judge to a pistachio nut? | 把联邦法官和一个 疯子相提并论? |
[23:17] | The language gets cleaned up on C.J. ‘s desk. | 茜洁会修改这些语言的 |
[23:21] | – That makes sense. – Toby’s distracted by a woman. | -这还有道理 -托比快被女人搞疯了 |
[23:23] | And salads. | 还有沙拉 |
[23:25] | When you do 10 minutes on Helen Baldwin’s book deal, it’s righteous. | 你花十分钟谈论海伦包德温 出书的事,那是正当事 |
[23:29] | But I speak my mind after getting poked with a stick, and it’s Andy! | 我若遭人攻击而直言不讳 原因就是安娣! |
[23:32] | – Helen Baldwin has a book deal? – Yep. | -海伦包德温要出书? -是的 |
[23:35] | – Where did you find that out? – I’m glad you asked… | -你怎么知道的? -我很高兴你问 |
[23:38] | …because it gives me the opportunity to say”Stu Winkle.” | 因为给我机会再讲一次 “史杜温克” |
[23:41] | I got it from Stu Winkle. Post‘s man-in-the-thick-of-it. | 《华盛顿邮报》的《红人专栏》 史杜温克说的 |
[23:44] | – He’s their gossip guy? – Yeah. | -他是他们的八卦大王? -是的 |
[23:46] | – Is he new there? – Yeah. | -他是新的吗? -是的 |
[23:53] | Okay. The northwest lobby is… | 好的,西北大厅是 |
[23:58] | …is that way? – Yeah. | -那个方向? -是的 |
[23:59] | You just go that way and then, you know, ask somebody else. | 你走那个方向,再问别人 |
[24:03] | Thanks. Sorry for jumping the gun on the Fourth Circuit. | 谢谢,抱歉提到 第四巡回审判庭的事 |
[24:06] | Joe? | 乔伊? |
[24:08] | – What’s going on? – I’m sure it’s nothing. | -有什么事吗? -没事 |
[24:10] | This is just my first day. | 今天是我第一天上班 |
[24:16] | Two press inquiries that came to my attention that sounded… | 两个记者的询问 引起我的注意,两个听起来 |
[24:20] | …alike, is all. | 都很像,就这样 |
[24:23] | Can I get back to you? | 我能再回来和你讨论吗? |
[24:25] | Make sure you do. | 务必回来 (下午五点) |
[24:36] | Josh thinks you should advance sales numbers of first homes to the Journal. | 乔西认为你应该先把 初次购屋销售数给《每日报》 |
[24:40] | The Times got existing home sales. | 《时代杂志》已经有成屋销售数了 |
[24:41] | Know what happens with negotiated press leaks? | 知道不公平的透露新闻 会发生什么事吗? |
[24:44] | Two-thirds give us lousy coverage because they’re mad they didn’t get it. | 三分之二会给我们差劲的报导 因为他们没拿到 |
[24:47] | And the other third… | 而其他的 |
[24:49] | …doesn’t give us better coverage because… | 不会给我们比较好的报导 因为 |
[24:51] | – What was that? – I don’t believe it. | -那是什么? -我真不敢相信 |
[24:54] | Josh has this guy at his window too. | 这家伙也在乔西的窗户上 |
[24:56] | They see their reflection in the window and they think it’s another bird. | 他们看到窗上的倒影 以为是另外一只鸟 |
[25:00] | What’s the learning curve on a bird? | 小鸟的学习曲线是什么? |
[25:03] | Stop it. | 别敲了 |
[25:05] | – Excuse me. – Sorry. | -抱歉 -对不起 |
[25:07] | We thought you were a huge bird knocking on the door. | 我们以为你是 一只正在敲门的大鸟 |
[25:10] | – Something up with birds? – One’s obsessed with Donna. | -什么小鸟? -一只被唐娜迷住的鸟 |
[25:12] | It’s true, I’m like Tippi Hedren around here. | 没错,我就像此地的提比赫顿 |
[25:15] | I’m sorry, would you mind if…? | 抱歉,你是否能? |
[25:17] | No. | 好 |
[25:22] | – Can I close the door? – Donna just did. | -我能关门吗? -唐娜关了 |
[25:26] | You said the science editor, when he came to you with a question… | 你说科学编辑来找你 并提出问题 |
[25:30] | I wouldn’t worry about Mars. I just gave you a hard time. | 我不会担心火星的事 我只是故意要你伤脑筋 |
[25:33] | No kidding. By the way, there was a report. | 是啊 是有一份报告 |
[25:35] | It was classified by the Defense Department. | 被国防部列为机密报告 |
[25:38] | – We’ll leave that for another time. – What’s the problem? | -我们改天再谈那个 -有什么麻烦? |
[25:41] | You said the editor had a blind source, that it came from someone else… | 你说编辑的消息来源 是别的记者传来的 |
[25:45] | …at the paper, and I think I know who. – Who? | -我想我知道是谁 -谁? |
[25:48] | A guy named Stu Winkle, who has a new gossip column. | 一个叫史杜温克的家伙 他有个新的八卦专栏 |
[25:51] | How would he get a story about the Pentagon? | 他怎能拿到五角大厦的新闻? |
[25:54] | – I’d rather not say yet. – Why? | -我最好先不要说 -为什么? |
[25:55] | If I’m wrong, it’ll be inappropriate that I suggested it and I’ll be held in contempt. | 若我错了,我的建议就不恰当 而我也会遭到轻视 |
[26:00] | – You are wrong. – No, I’m not. | -你错了 -不,我没有 |
[26:04] | Stu Winkles don’t get tips about the White House suppressing reports. | 史杜温克不可能拿到 白宫压制报告的小道消息 |
[26:08] | The NASA report’s over. I’m not concerned with that. | 太空署的报告已经结束了 我不是关切这件事 |
[26:10] | Would you mind calling him to confirm that he’s the other reporter? | 你可以打电话给他 确认他是否就是那个来源记者? |
[26:14] | You want me to call Stu Winkle? | 你要我打给史杜温克? |
[26:16] | – He has a new column. Wish him luck. – I don’t make calls to gossip columnists. | -他有新的专栏,问候他 -我不打给八卦专栏记者 |
[26:20] | – He’s gonna be flattered. – You won’t tell me why? | -他会感到非常荣幸 -你不告诉我为什么? |
[26:23] | – No. – Even if I give you assurances… | -不 -即使我已经向你保证 |
[26:25] | …that I already hold you in contempt? – Yes. | -我早就轻视你了? -是的 |
[26:31] | Carol? | 卡萝? |
[26:34] | Would you get me Stu Winkle at the Washington Post? | 请帮我接《华盛顿邮报》记者 史杜温克的电话 |
[26:37] | – I’m sorry? – Stu Winkle at the Post. | -抱歉? -《华盛顿邮报》的史杜温克 |
[26:39] | – Winkle? – Yes. | -温克? -是的 |
[26:44] | – When you get him, here’s what you say. – I know what to say. | -你和他谈时,你就说 -我知道该怎么说 |
[26:57] | “Judicial imagination of pistachio nuts.” | “狗屎疯子的司法想像力” |
[27:00] | – Can’t say that to the Fourth Circuit. – No. | -不能向巡回审判庭这样说 -不能 |
[27:05] | C.J., you have Stu Winkle on one. | 茜洁,史杜温克在一线 |
[27:11] | Stu, this is C.J. Cregg at the White House. | 史杜,我是白宫的茜洁葛瑞 |
[27:16] | – Stu? -Oh, my God, it’s really you, isn ‘t it? | -史杜? -天啊,真的是你吗? |
[27:20] | It is, and I saw you have a new column and I think it’s terrific… | 是的,我看到你有新的专栏 我认为太好了 |
[27:24] | …and everyone here at the White House wishes you a lot of luck. | 白宫的每一个人都祝你好运 |
[27:27] | You are the classiest thing for calling me. | 你是打电话给我的人当中 最有格调的 |
[27:30] | – Well… . -You are the classiest thing! | -这个嘛 -你是一流的! |
[27:33] | You’re my hero, C.J. Your brilliance and your sense of humor and your clothes. | 你是我的英雄,茜洁 你的聪明、幽默感和穿着 |
[27:38] | – Thank you. -The evening gowns. Who makes them? | -谢谢你 -你的晚宴服是谁做的? |
[27:41] | Do not tell me you buy off the rack, I’ll kill you. | 别告诉我在一般商店买的 我会杀了你 |
[27:44] | – Well, I’m a girl on a budget. -Don ‘t try that on me. | -我是很节省的女孩 -少来这一套 |
[27:46] | No, really. | 不,真的 |
[27:48] | Like the party at the Japanese Embassy, you were wearing a dress from Saks. | 像日本大使馆的宴会 你就穿着萨克斯百货的衣服 |
[27:52] | Stu, I wanted to get you a direct answer to that NASA commission question… | 史杜,我希望直接回答你 劳夫基许和凯蒂问我 |
[27:56] | …that Ralph Gish and Katie brought me. | 太空总署委员会的问题 |
[27:58] | It was the Defense Department, not the White House who classified the report. | 其实是国防部 不是白宫把它列为机密报告的 |
[28:09] | Stu? | 史杜? |
[28:13] | Well, that makes perfect sense. | 这就合理了 |
[28:15] | I hope you don ‘t mind, it sounded crazy enough, but what do I know? | 我希望你不要介意,这事本荒唐 可是我哪会知道? |
[28:19] | So you’ve gotta run these things down. | 你别追究这些 |
[28:22] | I know you have all the free time in the world… | 我知道你很多时间 |
[28:24] | … but it would be great if we could go for coffee, and I’ll tell you why: | 如果我们能出去喝杯咖啡 我会告诉你原因 |
[28:28] | You may find it hard to believe, but before I got into this stuff… | 也许你会很难相信 但在我开始写这些东西之前 |
[28:32] | … I was a serious journalist. I don ‘t mean “boring” serious, but the more… | 我只是个正经的记者 我不是指“无趣的”正经,而是 比报导明星绯闻名人还高一档 |
[28:37] | More than the celebrity fluff. | |
[28:39] | The embarrassing thing is, I was so green… | 丢脸的是,我没什么经验 (记者问:太空总署委员会) |
[28:41] | … I spent thousands of dollars on a J- School sheepskin from Columbia. | (记者问:反托拉斯案) 我花了不少的钱拿到 哥伦比亚的毕业证书 |
[28:44] | Of course, that and a metro card will get you a ride on the subway, right? | 当然,那张纸和地铁卡 也只能让你搭地下铁,对吗? |
[28:48] | After that, I spent two years getting people’s coffee at Town & Country… | (白宫电话记录) 之后,我花两年的时间在 《小镇与乡间》写别人的闲聊 |
[28:52] | … before I realized I was better off getting experiences in the trenches. | 后来我才领悟到 最好能上第一线去 |
[28:56] | I freelanced my butt off. I wrote about AIDS orphans, Mississippi flood victims… | 我当自由作家,写爱滋病孤儿 密西西比洪水受害者 (约翰哈尼斯―海伦包德温) |
[29:00] | … a series on homeless teenagers, race riots and rural problems in the Midwest. | 一系列无家可归的青少年 种族暴动和中西部农村问题 |
[29:04] | And I felt good about myself. | 我觉得很好 |
[29:06] | But that stuff pays the same as if I sat with Angela Moviestar for an hour… | 可是那种苦差事跟 我与电影明星对坐一个小时 |
[29:10] | … and let the tape recorder transcribe her blathering about her boyfriend… | 只用录音机记录 她对她男友的不满 |
[29:14] | … and what a risk her new role is. Let somebody else get a Pulitzer Prize. | 和她新角色的危险,薪水是一样的 让别人去得普立兹奖 |
[29:19] | I need to maximize the amount I can make per hour. | 我必须增加我的收入 |
[29:22] | Now that I’ve been doing this for like… | 现在我做这个已经十年了 |
[29:25] | … 10 years, I wanna use this position at the Post to get my toes back into… | 我希望用这个 《邮报》的职位回到 |
[29:30] | Stu, thank you very much. I’m sorry. I have to go. | 史杜,非常谢谢你 很抱歉,我还有事 |
[29:35] | Well, I cannot tell you how class… | 我无法告诉你,你有多棒 |
[29:49] | Carol? | 卡萝? |
[29:53] | – Yeah. – I need to see Josh and Toby. | -是 -我要见乔西和托比 |
[29:55] | And Joe needs to see the vice president. | 乔伊也需要去见副总统 |
[30:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:15] | I want Cairo to focus on legal and regulatory reforms. | 我希望开罗专注在 法律和条款的改革 |
[30:19] | We’ve got the whole regulatory agenda left over from last time. | (晚间七点四十五分) 我们上次的法规的议程 完全没用,全留下来了 |
[30:22] | – We do. – Seriously, the whole agenda is left over. | -是的 -真的,整个议题都留下来 |
[30:25] | And Vice President Abou El-Azm wants the trade and investment framework. | 副总统阿部都伊安 希望看到贸易和投资的架构 |
[30:29] | Yeah, my point is we can get to that in a closed-door session. | 是的,我的观点是 我们可以针对此来个闭门会谈 |
[30:32] | You understand, it can’t appear as if I’m saying the Syrian question is less urgent. | 不能让人觉得我认为 叙利亚的问题就不紧急 |
[30:37] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[30:42] | Well, it’s been a long day. | 好,今天大家辛苦了 |
[30:44] | – We’re done. – Thank you, sir. | -我们结束了 -谢谢你,先生 |
[30:46] | Thank you, Mr. Vice President. | 谢谢你,副总统 |
[30:51] | Guys, do me a favor. Don’t go home yet. | 帮我一个忙,先不要回去 |
[30:56] | Wait for me a minute, okay? | 等我几分钟,可以吗? |
[30:57] | – Yes, sir. | – Yes, sir. -是的,先生 -是的,先生 |
[31:16] | Good evening, Mr. Vice President. | 晚安,副总统先生 |
[31:19] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[31:21] | – You brought friendly faces. – Sir? | -你们带友善的人来? -先生? |
[31:23] | You brought friendly faces. That was considerate. | 你们带友善的人来 真是善良 |
[31:27] | – You’re Joe Quincy? – Yes, sir. | -你是乔伊昆西? -是的,先生 |
[31:29] | – This is your first day? – Yes, sir. | -你今天第一天上班 -是的,先生 |
[31:31] | They’re gonna put your picture up someplace. | 他们会把你的照片 挂在某个地方 |
[31:33] | You’re gonna get honored at a luncheon. | 餐会时一定会介绍你的 |
[31:36] | We were just meeting in here. | 我们这里才刚开完会 |
[31:37] | I have a bilateral commission… | 我和埃及的副总统 |
[31:40] | …with the vice president of Egypt. It’s in Cairo this year. | 有双边会议 今年在开罗 |
[31:43] | We see how legal and financial systems can attract foreign investments. | 我们讨论法律和财政系统 如何吸引外资 |
[31:48] | So look out for ShopEgypt. Org, I suppose. | 埃及旅游网即将大放异采 |
[31:53] | – You’re going to tell me I’m not going. – Mr. Vice President… | -你们要告诉我,我不能去开罗 -副总统先生 |
[31:57] | …have you been having an affair with Helen Baldwin while here? | 你和海伦包德温 是否在此地有过一段婚外情? |
[32:01] | – He’s asking because… – I should hit you in the face. | -他会这样问是因为 -我应该直接揍你的脸 |
[32:05] | – He’s asking because… – I know why he’s asking. | -他这样问是因为 -我知道他为什么问 |
[32:08] | I know why he’s asking. I understand why you’re here. | 我知道他为什么问 我了解你们为何而来 |
[32:11] | I’ve spoken with C.J. | 我和茜洁谈过 |
[32:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:31] | And I like to show off. | 我喜欢表现夸耀 |
[32:33] | I said things. | 我有说一些事情 |
[32:36] | I said I’d seen proof of life on Mars. | 我说我看过火星有生命的证据 |
[32:42] | I said I’d intervened at the Justice Department… | 我说我能干预司法部 |
[32:46] | …put 100,000 computers in the classrooms… | 在教室装十万台电脑 |
[32:49] | …which I thought made me sound like a good guy. | 这样子会让我听起来像个好人 |
[32:55] | – What, did you hear a rumor once? – Yes, sir. | -什么,你已听过谣传了吗? -是的,先生 |
[32:58] | You saw Helen had a book deal, you knew she must’ve teased them. | 海伦有新书要出来 你们知道她一定会卖弄的 |
[33:02] | It’s a tell-all. | 将全盘托出 |
[33:04] | A couple items in gossip columns, maybe the guy was the science editor’s contact? | 有些列在八卦专栏 这家伙也许就是科学编辑联络的人? |
[33:09] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[33:12] | Well, you earned your money today. | 你们今天可是立下大功劳 |
[33:16] | This could’ve been bad… | 这件事可能会更糟 |
[33:17] | …but you found it early. | 但你们发现得早 |
[33:20] | – What do I do now? – Sir, I’m an associate counsel. | -现在我要做什么? -先生,我是府内律师 |
[33:23] | This is my first day. I’ve spoken to Oliver Babish, who’s gotten on a plane… | 我和奥力佛巴比西 在飞机上谈过很多 |
[33:27] | What do I do now? | 我现在要怎么做? |
[33:36] | I think you’ve gotta talk to your family now, sir. | 我想你得先和你家人谈一谈 先生 |
[33:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:05] | – Thank you, Mr. Vice President. | – Thank you, Mr. Vice President. -谢谢你,副总统先生 -谢谢你,副总统生生 |
[34:09] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生 |
[34:32] | – I hope I didn’t see you smile in there. – You didn’t. | -我希望我没看到你们在笑 -没有的 |
[34:35] | Josh, you didn’t. | 乔西,没有的 |
[34:43] | – Gas masks. – Yes. | -防毒面具 -啊? |
[34:44] | – Something with gas masks. – Sing to me, Lauren Romano. | (晚上八点半) -某件东西跟防毒面具 -说吧,萝兰罗曼诺 |
[34:47] | I’m Lauren Romano. | 我是萝兰罗曼诺 |
[34:48] | – Keep going with the gas masks. – Mothers barely able to even see… | -继续用防毒面具 -母亲戴着防毒面具 |
[34:52] | …their children through the haze of gas masks. | 几乎看不清她们的小孩 |
[34:55] | You rode it right off the rails, didn’t you? | 天啊,你真是推陈出新 |
[34:57] | I did. | 是的 |
[34:59] | Anyone else think it’s weird that Toby had a salad? | 有人觉得托比吃沙拉 很奇怪吗? |
[35:02] | Anyone else think it’s weird that Lauren Romano’s still talking about it? | 有人觉得萝兰罗曼诺 仍在讲这个话题不是很奇怪吗? |
[35:05] | I’m Lauren Romano. | 我是萝兰罗曼诺 |
[35:08] | Clear blue sky. The camera tilts down into a slowly thickening… Listen to this: | 清澈的蓝天,摄影机镜头 缓缓往下拍到浓厚的你听听 |
[35:14] | Clear blue sky. The camera tilts down into a slowly thickening haze… | 清澈的蓝天,摄影机镜头 缓缓往下拍到浓厚的迷雾 |
[35:18] | …until it levels on a suburban street. | 焦点跳到郊区街上 |
[35:21] | An SUV filled with Mom, Dad, the kids, same actors from the other ad, and Rex. | 一辆大型越野车载着爸妈、小孩 就是与广告相同的演员,还有狗 |
[35:26] | They get out and they’re wearing gas masks. | 他们下了车 脸上都戴着防毒面具 |
[35:28] | We’ve also got one where the family’s towing Saudis in a U-Haul. | 我们还有那一家人的小货车 拖出沙乌地的广告 |
[35:33] | Doesn’t have the feel of high-minded debate, does it? | 感觉好像论调很不踏实对吧? |
[35:36] | – No, but actually you don’t want it to. – Why not? | -没有,事实上你也不想 -为什么? |
[35:39] | We’re countering an attack ad. And when you’re in the trenches… | 我们在反击一个攻击性的广告 只要你们在战壕里 |
[35:43] | But we’re not in the trenches. | 但我们不在战壕里 |
[35:48] | Two bodies of government are debating fuel efficiency at the highest level. | 政府的两个主体 在辩论燃料效益 |
[35:52] | We’re not in the trenches. | 我们才不是在战壕里 |
[35:56] | I don’t know. I know it’s a 15-second spot. | 我不知道 我知道是十五秒的广告 |
[36:00] | You gotta scare them. I just don’t feel like doing that tonight. | 你想要吓倒他们 我今晚不想做 |
[36:06] | Will, you need to come with me. I need to tell you what’s about to happen. | 威尔,你跟我来 我要告诉你一些事 |
[36:42] | – You’ve talked to Suzanne? – I’m sorry, sir? | -你和苏珊谈过了没? -什么,先生? |
[36:45] | – You’ve talked to Suzanne? – Yeah. | -你和苏珊谈过了没? -是的 |
[36:48] | – What happened? – You know what happened. | -怎么样? -你知道是怎么样 |
[36:51] | Tell me again. How many times? When did it start? | 再告诉我一次,多少次? 何时开始的? |
[36:53] | – I don’t think it matters. – Mr. Vice President… | -我不认为这有关系 -副总统先生 |
[36:56] | …for this moment tonight, I’m gonna be in charge of deciding what matters. | 从今晚此刻起,由我决定 什么才是有关系的 |
[37:00] | Forty-seven phone calls. | 四十七通电话 |
[37:03] | Did you not know that the White House keeps records of phone calls? | 你难道不知道白宫 有记录通话记录? |
[37:06] | Did you not know that? | 你难道不知道? |
[37:09] | – How many times? When did it start? – It is none of your business. | -多少次?何时开始的? -这不关你的事 |
[37:12] | – I’m about to read about it in a book. – Then read about it. | -我看书就知道了 -那就去看 |
[37:16] | Didn’t it ever occur to you that she might do this? | 你就没想过 她也许会这样做? |
[37:18] | No. I didn’t think she would. | 不,我不认为她会做这种事 |
[37:20] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[37:27] | Do you think there’s anyone else behind this? | 你认为有人在幕后操纵吗? |
[37:30] | – I don’t know. – You think she was… | -我不知道 -你认为 |
[37:32] | …coached by Republican leadership? – I don’t know. | -她是被共和党领导小组所指使? -我不知道 |
[37:35] | – If we’re gonna weather this, then… – We’re not gonna weather this. | -如果我们要渡过这件事 -我们无法渡过的 |
[37:39] | – We will. – We won’t. I’m resigning. | -我们会的 -我们不会,我要辞职 |
[37:45] | If we’re gonna do this we’ve gotta start tonight, now. | 如果我们要有动作 我们今晚就要开始,现在 |
[37:47] | – I need you thinking now and not… – Sir, I’m resigning the vice presidency. | -我要你现在思考 -我要辞掉副总统的职位 |
[37:51] | – What about”None of your business.” – I leaked classified information. | -如果用“不关你的事” -我泄露机密资料 |
[37:55] | It is their business. It’s also a felony. | 这是他们的事,这是个重罪 |
[37:57] | – Are you in a position to deny it? – No. | -你有立场否认吗? -没有 |
[38:01] | She’s made a seven-figure book deal. | 她谈成七位数的新书交易 |
[38:04] | – Not gonna have credibility. – Since when does she need credibility? | -没有了信用 -她什么时候需要信用? |
[38:08] | Apologize and move on. Accept responsibility. | 道歉并继续往前走 接受责任 |
[38:11] | You don’t need to disclose details. She’s gonna take care of that for you. | 你不需要揭露细节 她会替你处理的 |
[38:15] | You’ll be the special for two months, then you can get the nomination. | 这两个月你会很特别 然后你会再得到提名 |
[38:19] | I’m not getting the nomination. | 我不会得到提名 |
[38:21] | In the middle of MS, it looked like we couldn’t recover. We did! | “多”事件时,看起来也没指望 不过,我们还是熬过来了! |
[38:24] | Which is why it’s never gonna happen again. That was the one you get. | 所以才不能再发生这种事 就是这样,就是这种启示 |
[38:28] | I’m sorry, Mr. Vice President, if my multiple sclerosis… | 我很抱歉,副总统先生 如果我的多发性硬化症 |
[38:31] | …was a bummer for your sex life. How the hell did you do this to us? | 对你的性生活是阻碍 你怎么对我们做出这种事? |
[38:49] | You can’t resign, John. It’s a terrible signal to send. | 你不能辞职,约翰 等于送出个很可怕的信号 |
[38:53] | Sir… | 先生 |
[38:55] | …if I stay, it sabotages an entire agenda and you know I’m right. | 如果我留下会破坏整体 你知道我是对的 |
[39:00] | The party’s gonna need a candidate who can win. | 党需要能赢的候选人 |
[39:03] | And I think the least I can do for Suzanne is not to drag her through it. | 我想我对苏珊所能做的 就是不要拖累她 |
[39:08] | Is there more? Is there another shoe? If it’s a series… | 还有吗?还有后续吗? 如果这是出连续剧 |
[39:11] | I’d imagine she’s gonna… | 我想她会 |
[39:12] | You’ll still get dragged through it. It won’t change anything. | 你们仍然会被拖下水 这不会改变任何事的 |
[39:15] | Only now, you’re gonna be there alone with no apparatus for a comeback… | 只是现在,你将独自承受 没有组织的支持好卷土重来 |
[39:20] | …which I’m telling you you can do. | 其实你是可以卷土重来的 |
[39:22] | You can make it. I can help you. | 你能做到,我可以帮你 |
[39:27] | I don’t wanna take my family through it. | 我不想让我家人经历那种伤害 |
[39:37] | You’re a giant, John. | 你是个巨人,约翰 |
[39:40] | You’re a U.S. senator, the vice president of the United States… | 你是国会议员,副总统 |
[39:44] | …and presumptive nominee of your party. | 是党最具有潜力的被提名人 |
[39:47] | You cannot be taken down by this… | 你不能被这件事打倒 |
[39:50] | …cheap person and her customers, huddled around Macy’s waiting… | 不能让小人 和她那些在排队等着的读者 |
[39:54] | …for someone to turn themselves inside out. | 等着看人重重的跌一跤 |
[39:58] | It’s cause for divorce… | 这会造成离婚 |
[40:00] | …not resignation. | 但不须辞职 |
[40:03] | You can’t be taken down by this cheap person. | 你不能被这种小人打倒 |
[40:10] | The president knows I’m right. | 总统知道我的决定是正确的 |
[40:13] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[40:18] | The truth is, I took an oath too. | 事实上,我也是有宣誓的 |
[40:23] | So… . | 所以 |
[40:27] | Didn’t you have any sense that this was the kind of person who would do this? | 你难道没意识到那种人 会做出这种事? |
[40:35] | Hasn’t it been your experience that they look much like the people who wouldn’t? | 你不觉得他们表面上 就是不像那种人吗? |
[40:41] | Well, I want you to sleep on it. | 我希望你好好想想 |
[40:43] | I want all of us to sleep on it. | 我希望我们大家都好好的想想 |
[40:48] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 (星期二早上六点) |
[41:50] | Why did you take a cab? | 你为什么搭计程车? |
[41:52] | – My car wouldn’t start. – I’m sorry? | -我的车发不动 -什么? |
[41:55] | My car wouldn’t start. | 我的车发不动 |
[41:59] | You know what’s in here? | 你知道里面是什么吗? |
[42:02] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[42:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:32] | Yeah, we’re gonna need a new vice president. | 我们需要一位新副总统 |