时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Walken plans to nominate a vice president. | 沃肯打算提名一位副总统 |
[00:10] | Republicans are sending me ideas. You might wanna round up some names. | 共和党领导层提出了他们的意见 你们或许也有自己的人选 |
[00:14] | – We should be polling on this. – Margaret! | -我们需要一次民调 -玛格勒 |
[00:17] | Get me Angela Blake. | 帮我接安祖拿 布勒克 |
[00:19] | We received an authentic communication from Ms. Bartlet’s kidnappers. | 我们收到绑匪传来的信息 |
[00:23] | – We bomb Qumar and they kill her. – They’re going to kill her anyway. | -轰炸库马可能会害死她 -他们不会让她活着回来的 |
[00:26] | Abdul Shareef had nothing to do with what’s happened to Zoey. | 阿杜 沙里夫与祖伊的事情无关 |
[00:29] | You don’t know that. | 你不能肯定 |
[00:31] | I need you to start two speeches. | 我要你们准备两个讲稿 |
[00:33] | – Why two? – One if they find her alive… | -为何要两个? -一个是假设她还活着 |
[00:35] | …the other if they don’t. | 另一个则不然 |
[01:14] | I’m not unwittingly participating in the commission of a felony, am I? | 我该不会是无意中接受了 一些违法勾当的委托吧? |
[01:18] | How was the flight down from New York? | 从纽约过来的航班还好? |
[01:20] | – Mercifully short. – Sorry about the Foggy Bottom theatrics. | -幸好旅程不长 -抱歉没有解释要你过来的理由 |
[01:23] | No, it takes me back to the illicit affairs of my misspent youth. | 这多少让我想起年轻时候 兴风作浪的日子 |
[01:28] | So where are we? | 情况怎样? |
[01:29] | Well, tomorrow morning’s New York Times-CNN poll… | 明天早上纽约时报和CNN的 |
[01:32] | …has his approval ratings up to 76 percent. | 民调显示他的支持率高达76% |
[01:34] | – And in 10 days? – His numbers are gonna crater. | -10天之内? -会突然下降 |
[01:37] | Not level off, crater. Like a failed Mars program. | 不是逐渐是突然下降 就像那个失败的火星任务 |
[01:40] | Today it’s “He lost his daughter. We’re pulling for him. “ | 今天是”他痛失爱女我们要支持他” |
[01:43] | Soon it’s “I don’t wanna have to pull for a president. “ | 很快会变成”总统无能我们失望” |
[01:46] | He did what was constitutionally appropriate. He upheld his oath. | 他所做的维护了宪法 也坚守了自己当选时的誓言 |
[01:50] | You want a constitutional debate, call the dean of Columbia Law. | 你要进行有关宪法的辩论 可以找哥伦比亚法学院的校长 |
[01:53] | Our guy quit when things got tough. | 事情发展下去 我的人也爱莫能助 |
[01:58] | Josh must be going nuts. | 乔西一定很抓狂 |
[02:01] | He thinks we need a poll in the field. | 他认为我们需要一次民调 |
[02:03] | The White House can’t get caught putting a poll in the field. | 白宫那边不想牵涉其中? |
[02:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:14] | I’ll call you when it’s done. | 事情办妥我给你电话 |
[02:17] | We need photos. | 我要照片 |
[02:18] | Bartlet on the phone with world leaders… | 巴特勒和各国领导的交流 |
[02:21] | …conferring with advisors, looking resolute. | 听取幕僚的意见英明决断 |
[02:23] | He won’t do it. | 他不会答应这样做的 |
[02:25] | You’ve been a good friend to him, Leo. But you have other responsibilities. | 你是他的好友 但同时你身负更重要的责任 |
[02:29] | People need to believe he’ll be able to govern effectively… | 人们需要相信他能有效运作政府 |
[02:32] | …even if he can’t secure the safety of his family. | 即使他不能保护自己的家人 |
[02:35] | They need to know that he is willing to sacrifice his own child’s life… | 他们需要知道 他会愿意牺牲爱女的生命 |
[02:39] | …for his country. | 为了国家 |
[02:41] | Would you be? | 你会吗 |
[02:45] | I wasn’t stupid enough to run for president. | 所以我不会蠢得去竞选总统 |
[02:56] | Leo. | 里奥 |
[02:58] | If she dies… | 如果她死了 |
[03:00] | …his approval ratings will go through the roof. | 他的支持率会攀到最高点 |
[04:34] | Secretary Berryhill’s here. | 国务卿来了 |
[04:36] | Two minutes, then bring in the ambassador. | 给我两分钟然后让大使进来 |
[04:46] | -Good morning, Lew. -Leo. | -早路易 -里奥 |
[04:48] | You’ve been briefed? | 你看过会议摘要了? |
[04:49] | When does it start? | 何时开始 |
[04:51] | I’m just waiting for word from Fitzwallace. | 就等费华勒斯一声令下 |
[04:54] | Doesn’t it remind you a little of the Japanese on December 7th? | 是不是有点像 当年日本偷袭我们的味道 |
[04:58] | You wanted us to warn them we’re coming so they could shoot back? | 你觉得事先张扬 让对方有所准备更好? |
[05:02] | I didn’t want us to do it in the first place. | 我不希望我们先出手 |
[05:06] | Mr. Ambassador, thank you for coming so early. | 大使感谢你来得这么早 |
[05:09] | – Thank you. – You know the Secretary of State. | -谢谢 -这是我们的国务卿 |
[05:11] | – Yes. – Good morning. | -是的 -早安 |
[05:12] | Please. | 请坐 |
[05:17] | I want to express the crown prince’s outrage… | 我要代王子殿下转达 |
[05:19] | …at the brutal assassination of his cousin… | 对你们残忍地 杀害了他的表弟的愤怒 |
[05:22] | …and his sadness with the events of the last days. | 以及对于此前恐怖袭击的遗憾 |
[05:25] | Please extend our sympathy to President Bartlet and his family… | 请你代为问候 巴特勒总统和他的家人 |
[05:28] | …and let them know the prayers of all Qumaris are with them. | 库马的人们将会为他们祈祷 |
[05:32] | Oh, I don’t think all Qumaris. | 我想不是所有库马人都会这样 |
[05:35] | If any of our citizens are involved in this tragedy… | 假使有我国公民与此事有关 |
[05:38] | …I can assure you we will do everything within our power… | 我保证我们会尽一切努力 |
[05:41] | …to bring them to justice. | 伸张正义 |
[05:43] | Including the mullahs? | 包括你们的皇室成员? |
[05:45] | If the U.S. has sufficient evidence to implicate– | 如果美国政府有证据可以证明… |
[05:47] | Your government actively supports the Bahji. | 你的政府向巴解提供协助 |
[05:51] | In addition to stoning adulterers… | 除了用极刑处死通奸者 |
[05:53] | …and banning anything written after the Gutenberg Bible… | 还禁止宗教宣传以外的文化交流 |
[05:56] | …they preach the overthrow of our government and violence against us. | 鼓吹使用武力推翻美国政府 |
[06:00] | We are an Islamic nation. | 我们是一个伊斯兰国家 |
[06:02] | Our kingdom depends upon the support of the imam– | 我们的统治需要来自阿訇的支持 (阿訇是伊斯兰宗教领袖的尊称) |
[06:04] | – You allow Kazir training camps– – We allow Kazir religious schools. | -你们允许Kazir组织武装训练营 -我们允许他开设宗教学校 |
[06:08] | And you finance radical fundamentalism throughout the Muslim world. | 你们经济援助 那些激进的原教旨主义组织 |
[06:12] | You don’t have Christian missionaries? | 你们基督教没有传教士? |
[06:14] | Not government-sponsored missionaries… | 我们没有政府支助的传教士 |
[06:16] | …with explosives, manuals and weapons training. | 他们不会接受 炸药武器的训练 |
[06:21] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[06:24] | Mr. Ambassador, you can’t expect us to stand idly by… | 大使先生你不能指望 我们表现得无动于衷 |
[06:28] | …while so many of your citizens are intent on murdering our citizens. | 当你的国民有企图 谋杀我们的国民的时候 |
[06:32] | It’s difficult to listen to you characterize… | 我无法接受你们暗杀 我们一位皇室成员 |
[06:34] | …the assassination of a member of our royal family as standing idly by. | 就是为了用行动证明你们的效率 |
[06:38] | We’re bombing the Kazir training camps in Tamar and Laddi. | 我们要轰炸Kazir在 Tamar和Laddi的训练营 |
[06:45] | -When? -Now. | -什么时候? -现在 |
[06:47] | And we’re following it up with ground forces… | 然后我们会派地面部队 |
[06:49] | …to detain and interrogate suspected terrorists. | 拘捕并审讯有嫌疑的恐怖分子 |
[06:53] | Thank you for informing us in such a timely manner. | 感谢你们如此及时的通知 |
[07:00] | We are one of the only friendly governments you have left… | 我们是你们仅有的盟友 |
[07:04] | …in a region that is growing younger, poorer and more radical every day. | 在那个每天有年轻的 贫穷的激进分子成长的地方 |
[07:09] | If you undermine us, who do you think takes our place? | 一旦我们下台了 你以为谁将会取代我们 |
[07:14] | Please, tell the president that I have a daughter too. | 请你告诉总统先生 我也有一个女儿 |
[07:40] | -Yeah. -Hey, it’s me. | -喂 -是我 |
[07:42] | – Did I wake you up? – No. I’m awake. | -我吵醒你了吗 -没我醒了 |
[07:46] | I already read the papers, showered. | 我已经洗了澡看完早报 |
[07:51] | I’m in the office. | 现在在办公室 |
[07:52] | Can you hang on for one sec? | 你可否等我一会? |
[08:06] | – Hey. – Sure I didn ‘t wake you up? | -嘿 -我真的没有吵醒你? |
[08:08] | No, really. I already went for a run– | 没有我正准备去… |
[08:12] | Nice track suit. | 好皱褶的衣服 |
[08:15] | You could’ve said I woke you. I wouldn’t have thought less of you. | 你可以告诉我事实 我不会因此看不起你的 |
[08:19] | Sleeping is…. | 睡觉是… |
[08:20] | I don’t know, it lacks a certain masculine– Whatever. | 我不知道像是缺乏男子气概 |
[08:24] | – Your virility is tied to exhaustion? – You want coffee? | -你认为筋疲力尽才突显男人味? -要咖啡吗 |
[08:29] | You brought coffee. | 你买了咖啡 |
[08:32] | I don’t remember fatigue improving you. | 我不知道疲劳 可以改善你的气质 |
[08:34] | You hungry? Wanna head down, get a couple of… . | 饿吗? 我们可以下去吃点… |
[08:36] | Bagels. | 百吉饼 |
[08:38] | Hey, you got a shower and a freshly ironed shirt in there? | 你有没有把淋浴间 和换洗的衣服带来? |
[08:44] | Black? | 黑咖啡? |
[08:45] | That soy-chai-whatever thing you drink is affecting your already addled brain. | 你平常喝的东西会让你 神智不清的脑袋更混乱 |
[08:51] | Would you stop staring at the TV. | 不要一直盯着电视好不 |
[08:54] | – Is there anything new on Zoey? – No. | -有祖伊的消息吗 -没有 |
[08:57] | – How long have you been in here? – I don’t know, since about 3. | -你在这里多久了? -不知道大概凌晨3点到现在 |
[09:01] | You see the morning papers? We have a new speaker. | 你看了早报吗新议长选出来了 |
[09:07] | God, Haffley? | 天哈夫利? |
[09:09] | They’ll be passing out pelts and slabs of bison in the cloakroom. | 希望他们不会被议长 休息室的水牛标本吓得晕死过去 |
[09:12] | Roll call has the GOP resuming its committee schedule… | 共和党国家委员会 会继续其日程安排 |
[09:15] | …whether Zoey’s back or not. | 无论祖伊能否回来 |
[09:17] | Aside from adding to our nation’s greenhouse-gas problem… | 除了增加我国温室气体的问题外 |
[09:20] | …those hearings are meaningless. | 这样的会议毫无意义 |
[09:22] | Word is Atwood has Walken meeting with the Republicans today… | 听说艾活安排了一次 沃肯和共和党人的私下会晤 |
[09:25] | …without any Democrats. | 在民主党人缺席的情况下 |
[09:27] | Yeah, they were over last night too. | 是的一直持续到昨天深夜 |
[09:29] | Were any of you there? | 你们在现场吗? |
[09:32] | Well, they weren’t talking site selection for the RNC. | 他们可不是单纯讨论会议选址 (共和党国家委员会会议) |
[09:36] | Damn it. Haffley? | 该死哈夫利? |
[09:38] | They’re gonna start legislating again. | 他们准备修改有关法律 |
[09:40] | Partial birth, federal funding for family planning. | 禁止成形堕胎 为家庭计划项目发行国债 |
[09:42] | Walken does anything by executive order, we overturn it when we’re back. | 我们回来以后会拨乱反正的了 |
[09:46] | Cheering thought to the women whose lives are ruined in the meantime. | 对那些受到不公平对待的妇女 这似乎是值得期待的事 |
[09:50] | – Do you even know when you’ll be back? – Not exactly. | -你们什么时候会回来? -不知道 |
[09:55] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[09:56] | If Walken’s holding partisan pep rallies in the West Wing, leak it. | 如果沃肯在白宫搞一党集会 泄漏给媒体知道 |
[10:01] | Embarrass Atwood into backing off. | 制造一点麻烦好让艾活知难而退 |
[10:07] | Oh, God. | 天 |
[10:15] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[10:19] | You look good with a baby in your arms. | 你抱孩子的时候看上去很可爱 |
[10:23] | Actually, my arm’s asleep. | 事实上我的手有点麻 |
[10:30] | I’m sorry about what I said on Saturday. | 周末我说的话很抱歉 |
[10:34] | It’s a beautiful house. | 那房子很漂亮 |
[10:36] | – I want you to have it. – No. | -我希望你可以接受它 -不 |
[10:38] | -For our kids. -I can’t. | -为了孩子 -不可以 |
[10:40] | – Well, I don’t want it. – Toby… . | -我不会要回来的 -托比 |
[10:42] | You can’t live in a one-bedroom condo with twins. | 你不能跟孩子们住在大厦公寓里 |
[10:47] | I found a house on D Street. | 我在D大道找到了新房子 |
[10:50] | It’s a three-minute walk to the Rayburn Building. | 离上班的地方只要步行3分钟 |
[10:59] | Has something happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[11:09] | –the secretary of the Navy. | 国防部长 |
[11:11] | At approximately 11:10 Zulu Time this morning… | 在库马当地时间早上11:10 |
[11:14] | … 12 F- 14B Tomcats and eight F/ A- 18F Super Hornets… | 下令12架F-14B雄猫战机 和8架F/A-18F超级大黄蜂 |
[11:20] | …flying off the U.S.S. George Washington… | 从华盛顿号航母起飞 |
[11:23] | …bombed three strategic targets in Qumar. | 轰炸库马国内3个战略目标 |
[11:25] | American intelligence confirmed… | 美国情报机关证实 |
[11:27] | …that each of the sites was a Kazir terrorist training camp. | 那是Kazir领导下 的恐怖分子训练基地 |
[11:30] | President Walken ordered the attack yesterday evening. | 沃肯总统昨天傍晚 下达的攻击命令 |
[11:33] | He was notified at 6:30… | 今晨6:30 |
[11:34] | … that all 20 planes successfully completed their missions… | 任务已经顺利完成 |
[11:37] | …and were on their way back to the George Washington. | 所有执行任务的飞机已经返航 |
[11:40] | The president was notified after the mission was completed. | 巴特勒总统 已经收到关于行动的报告 |
[11:43] | He was in the White House residence with Mrs. Bartlet, where he will remain… | 他会在住处和夫人 继续关注有关进展 |
[11:47] | … tracking the investigation into his daughter’s disappearance. | 同时希望祖伊的调查能出现曙光 |
[11:51] | – Mark. – Qumar’s an American ally… | -马克 -库马是美国的盟国 |
[11:53] | …are they participating in this bombing campaign? | 他们有否参与今早的攻击行动? |
[11:56] | Ambassador Yousif was informed of the mission this morning… | 库马大使已被知会 该次行动的有关情报 |
[11:59] | …but the Qumaris are not participating. | 但库马军方没有参与 |
[12:01] | Is there concern the bombing may force kidnappers… | 轰炸行动会否刺激绑匪 |
[12:03] | … to kill or harm Zoey Bartlet? | 伤害或杀害祖伊 巴特勒? |
[12:05] | I don ‘t speak on their behalf, so I can ‘t say what they will or won ‘t do. | 我不能代表绑匪发言 因此不肯定他们将会采取什么行动 |
[12:09] | -Bob. -Has there been any indication… | -鲍勃 -库马当局和人民 |
[12:11] | …of resistance from the Qumari people? | 有否出现反美情绪? |
[12:13] | No, not as of this time. | 暂时还没有 |
[12:45] | – You see? – Yeah, I saw. | -看见吗 -是的 |
[12:48] | – 132 phone messages. – Half want me to switch long distance. | -132个电话留言 -肯定有不少人劝我换工作 |
[12:51] | There’d be that many faxes if we had a fax. | 如果有传真的话 可能不只这么少 |
[12:54] | – No fax? – The FBI boosted it. | -没有传真? -FBI拿走了 |
[12:56] | So we’re not gonna return all those. See if Leo’s around, would you? | 不要全部都回复 还有帮我看看里奥在哪里 |
[12:59] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[13:10] | There’s a guy in my office. | 我办公室有个人 |
[13:12] | Ryan. Says he works for you. Forget to tell me? | 赖恩他说是你的人 你是否应该对我交代一下 |
[13:14] | – He works for me? – That’s what his pass says too. | -他是我的人? -通行证是这样写的 |
[13:17] | Hi, it’s Donna Moss. | 你好这里是唐娜 摩丝 |
[13:20] | – Hi, Josh Lyman. – Ryan Pierce. | -嗨 乔西 莱曼 -赖恩 皮尔斯 |
[13:23] | Didn’t know if I should come, with what’s going on. | 我不知道应否进来 还不很熟悉这里 |
[13:26] | – It’s been crazy here. – Figured if there was a problem– | -今天这里特别乱 -我也觉得这里有些问题 |
[13:29] | – Okay, who are you? – Ryan Pierce. | -好了 你是谁? -赖恩 皮尔斯 |
[13:31] | Right. No, I got that part. I mean, who are you? | 这个我知道我意思是 你究竟是谁? |
[13:34] | – Leo didn’t tell you? – Leo McGarry? | -里奥没有告诉你? -里奥 麦加利? |
[13:37] | Wait here. | 别乱跑 |
[13:40] | Leo’s in his office. Am I being passed over? | 里奥在办公室 你是不是不要我了? |
[13:43] | – What? – If you’re bringing someone in over me– | -什么? -你找人取代我 |
[13:46] | I don’t even know who that guy is. | 我根本不知道那家伙是谁 |
[13:49] | You get the feeling we don’t have any idea what’s going on around here? | 你有否觉得 白宫里面的事情不受我们控制了? |
[13:53] | – What? – Hear anything about… | -什么意思 -有否听到有关… |
[13:54] | …Atwood moving a legislative agenda while Walken’s in the Oval? | 艾活正准备趁沃肯在位 的时候抓紧立法的消息? |
[13:58] | – No. – Okay. | -没有 -好的 |
[14:03] | Word is the Republicans are coming back over today. | 听说共和党人今天还要过来 |
[14:06] | Is Leo invited? Are you? | 有叫里奥出席吗? 你呢? |
[14:09] | I think they’re planning to start legislating. | 我想他们准备抓紧立法 |
[14:11] | Partial birth, school vouchers, maybe even ANWR. | 禁止成形堕胎择校权 甚至北极圈野生保护计划 |
[14:14] | They’ve got the votes. | 他们已经有足够票数 |
[14:15] | They haven’t moved on Medicare again because we’d veto. | 还没有动医疗保险法案 只因我们有否决权 |
[14:18] | – You get any sleep? – Haffley? | -你有睡觉吗 -哈夫利? |
[14:20] | – We can filibuster in the Senate. – Not on partial birth or tax cuts. | -我们可以在参议院阻饶议事 -在禁止堕胎和减税上行不通 |
[14:23] | – What? – We’re getting our asses kicked. | -什么? -我们会自讨没趣 |
[14:25] | You going to Leo? Wait for me. | 你去找里奥? 等等我 |
[14:28] | Here. Read this. I’ll be right back. | 看一下这个 我马上回来 |
[14:30] | A once-in-a-lifetime chance to slam-dunk your agenda and solidify your base. | 通过有关法案巩固地位 对他们而言是千载难逢的好机会 |
[14:35] | Plus, Walken’s gonna ride off as the presumptive Republican nominee. | 而且沃肯可能顺理成章地 成为共和党的总统候选人 |
[14:38] | Atwood wouldn’t love to cinch that with partial birth? | 艾活会仅仅满足于一个 禁止堕胎法案? |
[14:41] | Three new Supreme Court justices? A few new weapon systems? | 三个新的高院法官? 还有一些新的武器系统? |
[14:44] | I’m not being paranoid. Is he in there? | 我可不是杞人忧天 他在里面吗 |
[14:47] | – Got a minute? – Not really. | -有时间吗 -恐怕没有 |
[14:50] | The Republicans are gonna start legislating. | 共和党准备立法 |
[14:52] | Pick issues we can’t filibuster and ram them through. | 选那些我们无法 阻挠的法案抓紧通过 |
[14:55] | They won’t. | 不会的 |
[14:56] | – They’re meeting secretly again. – It wasn’t secret yesterday. | -他们又在开秘密会议 -大家昨天都知道了 |
[14:59] | – They were in the Roosevelt Room. – To plot a strategy. | -他们当时在罗斯福厅 -在密谋什么 |
[15:02] | This isn’t the grassy knoll. | 这里没有什么阴谋 |
[15:03] | – Walken’s not gonna take the office. – You’ve asked him? | -沃肯不会取而代之 -你确认这一点? |
[15:06] | – You been drinking? – We need to leak it to the press. | -你是不是喝醉了 -我们要透过媒体施压 |
[15:09] | The GOP are conspiring to use a national crisis… | 共和党要利用这一危机时刻 |
[15:12] | – …to impose a right-wing agenda. – Josh… . | -进行右翼施政 -乔西 |
[15:14] | The president needs to sign the second letter. | 总统必须复职 |
[15:16] | We nominate a strong VP, once he’s confirmed… | 他必须回来然后我们 提名一个强势的副总统 |
[15:19] | …if the president needs to recuse himself, he can step aside. | 这样即使巴特勒总统有意退出政坛 主动权也在我们手上 |
[15:22] | -Go through all this again? -We should at least take it to– | -你要一切重来? -至少我们要… |
[15:25] | Damn it, Josh. The man’s child is missing, probably dead. | 该死乔西 那个男人正饱受煎熬 |
[15:29] | He doesn’t give a damn about politics right now. | 他现在对政治毫无兴趣 |
[15:33] | That’s why we have to. | 所以我们要站出来 |
[15:38] | – Where are we on the vice president? – I’m working to– | -副总统的事进行得怎样 -正在… |
[15:42] | I want three names on my desk by 7 a.m. tomorrow. | 明早7点前把三个候选 名单放在我桌子上 |
[15:45] | – I swear to God, Josh, if you– – It’s not about that. | -我发誓乔西如果你再… -跟那事无关 |
[15:48] | There’s a guy in my office, says he knows you…? | 我办公室有个家伙 他说认识你… |
[15:50] | Ryan Pierce. Yeah, he’s your new intern. | 赖恩 皮尔斯 他是你的新助手 |
[15:53] | I thought we decided I wasn’t gonna have to have interns anymore. | 我记得我说过 我不再需要任何新助手 |
[15:57] | – No, you decided. – Okay. | -那只是你说的 -好的 |
[16:00] | – Pierce? Is he a “Pierce” Pierce? – Yeah. | -他的名字叫皮尔斯? -是的 |
[16:04] | – They’re ready for you. – Okay. | -他们在等你 -好的 |
[16:08] | I know it’s crazy, but Josh might not be wrong about– | 我知道这个听起来有点疯狂 但乔西可能是对的 |
[16:10] | We did this to ourselves. Now we have to live with it. | 我们当初棋差一着 现在只好见机行事 |
[16:14] | – They’re bombing Qumar? – We’re bombing Qumar. | -他们在轰炸库马? -我们在轰炸库马 |
[16:18] | How are you and Will coming on the speeches? | 你和威尔的演讲稿准备得怎样 |
[16:21] | We’ve started working. | 准备中 |
[16:22] | The second one, for if Zoey doesn’t– | 第二份假设祖伊没有… |
[16:25] | I don’t want the president to know I asked you– | 我不想让总统知道你在… |
[16:27] | Yeah, no, of course. | 明白当然 |
[16:29] | Hell if I can even figure out how to write it. | 我只是还无法下笔 |
[16:33] | How’s he doing? | 他还好吧? |
[16:36] | Not so good. | 不很好 |
[16:39] | – He knows if there’s anything we– – He knows. | -如果他需要我们… -他会的 |
[16:59] | – What’s that? – Congress. | -那是什么 -国会 |
[17:02] | – What are they doing outside? – Praying for Zoey. | -他们在做什么 -为祖伊祈祷 |
[17:07] | So…. | 那么… |
[17:11] | What? | 怎样? |
[17:12] | “Today we affirm this solemn truth: | “今天我们如斯确信: |
[17:14] | America is the strongest force for freedom the world has ever known–“ | 美国是有史以来 维护自由最强大的力量” |
[17:18] | So strong you can trigger a constitutional crisis… | 太强硬了引起 目前宪法危机的原因 |
[17:21] | …by dosing the first daughter’s vodka gimlet. | 不过是由于总统的女儿被人投药 |
[17:24] | “Anyone who dares to invade the sanctity of America’s house… | -给我 -“任何人斗胆侵犯神圣的美国领土 |
[17:27] | …will be caught and punished with all of America’s might. “ | 都将被行之有效的法制力量所惩罚” |
[17:30] | Meaning what, we’re gonna bomb their prison cells? | 什么意思代价是 他们的监狱被我们炸掉? |
[17:33] | You’re treating Zoey like an abstraction. | 你完全忽略了祖伊的遭遇 |
[17:35] | – It needs to be a man supplicating– – Supplicating? | -你需要一点悲天悯人的情怀 -悲天悯人? |
[17:39] | He’s not gonna stand in front of the cameras and rub gravel through his hair. | 他不会向我们的敌人低头求饶 |
[17:43] | We need a tone of defiant leadership. A return to commander in chief. | 我们需要的是一个强有力的领袖 一个可以回应对方挑衅的总统 |
[17:47] | What’s the alternative? Admitting he was licking his wounds… | 还有别的选择吗 难道他承认自己正在疗伤 |
[17:50] | …but now he’s ready to come back and take the nuclear launch codes? | 然后又准备回来接过核子控制箱? |
[17:55] | I was just trying a few– | 我只是希望多一点… |
[18:03] | “I thank the Lord that Zoey is back in her mother’s arms, yet our nation grieves. “ | “感谢上苍将祖伊带回母亲之怀抱 然举国悲戚未减” |
[18:07] | It’s a new and difficult time. | 这是一个新的困难的时期 |
[18:09] | He needs to acknowledge that we’ve all been visited by mortality. | 他要承认每一个人 都必须面对生命的无常 |
[18:12] | “I’m not alone in thinking how fragile is the security we take for granted. “ | “我跟大家一样都深深思索 为何安全体系会如此脆弱” |
[18:16] | Leading with failure? What kind of message is that? | 你是说领导失误? 这是要传达怎样的信息? |
[18:19] | If we go two lines without using the phrase… | 如果我们没有使用这样的词语 |
[18:21] | … “unimaginably large military arsenal,” we’re out of our minds. | 诸如 “世上最强大的军事力量” 我们肯定失心疯了 |
[18:26] | – Want me to start on the second one? – You’re already doing it. | -要我开始第二篇吗 -那篇你已经快写完了! |
[18:31] | The Qumari have not issued a statement yet. | 库马还没有发表声明 |
[18:34] | I’m sure they’re trying to shape an appropriate response… | 我确信他们正在酝酿其外交策略… |
[18:37] | …somewhere between a hunger strike and declaring war. | 介于强烈抗议和宣战两者之间 |
[18:40] | – Good luck. – No rioting yet in other Arab capitals? | -运气不错 -其他阿拉伯国家有否发生骚乱 |
[18:43] | – It’s early yet. – What about the U.N.? | -为时尚早 -联合国怎样? |
[18:45] | China’s on board, but Syria’s currently on the Security Council. | 中国还未表态 不过叙利亚已向安理会提出抗议 |
[18:49] | They will need handholding. I’ll go up this afternoon. | 那边不好应付 我下午要过去一趟 |
[18:52] | Admiral? | 上将? |
[18:53] | C-141 s will have the regiment on the ground in six hours. | C-141运输机 会在六小时内完成空投 |
[18:57] | Any casualties? | 伤亡报告? |
[18:58] | A Marine CH-53 transport helicopter… | 一架海军CH-53运输直升机 |
[19:01] | …was hit by enemy RPG fire leaving the landing zone… | 在离开降落区时被击中… |
[19:04] | …just a few minutes ago. | 大概是几分钟前 |
[19:06] | Two pilots and four crew members are KIA. | 全机人员均证实死亡 |
[19:13] | Agent Casper? | 卡斯帕探员? |
[19:14] | Still no communication from the kidnappers. | 还没有绑匪的消息 |
[19:16] | We’ve interrogated 51 members of the mosque the suspects attend. | 我们在嫌疑犯进出的清真寺 调查了51名证人 |
[19:20] | The Saudis have agreed to assist us in interviewing… | 沙特方面答应协助调查 |
[19:23] | …the suspects’ families in Saudi Arabia. | 疑犯在境内的家属 |
[19:25] | They won’t allow us to conduct interrogations… | 他们不允许我们直接审讯 |
[19:27] | …but we can have someone present. | 但可派员监察 |
[19:29] | Better they do it, anyway. | 总比交他们处理好一点 |
[19:31] | – Why is that, Mr. Atwood? – They’re not as squeamish. | -何解? 艾活先生 -他们可不像我们一样按程序来 |
[19:34] | What about the five Bahji sleepers up in Portland? | 通缉的人有消息吗 |
[19:37] | No, nothing. | 没有 |
[19:38] | Excuse me, Mr. President. Mr. Steinholtz is here. | 打扰一下史浩兹先生来了 |
[19:41] | Thank you, everybody. | 感谢各位 |
[19:50] | Deficit projections don’t look great. We’re gonna need a stimulus package. | 赤字预测不乐观 我们需要一些手段刺激市场 |
[19:54] | Or revenue enhancements. | 或者增加税收 |
[19:56] | Significant tax cuts, reduction in discretionary spending. | 在一些重大事项上减税 减少可自由支配的个人开支 |
[20:02] | Is something on your mind, Leo? | 你在想什么? 里奥 |
[20:06] | So now what? | 你说什么? |
[20:08] | You have a suggestion? | 你有何建议? |
[20:10] | This office isn’t always about doing something. | 这里的人不总是劳碌奔走的 |
[20:12] | Most of the time it’s about not doing something. | 更多的时候 静观其变是更聪明的做法 |
[20:17] | Steve, give us a minute. | 史提夫给我们几分钟 |
[20:26] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[20:27] | You’re meeting with Republican leadership… | 你跟共和党人在没有民主党 |
[20:30] | …without any Democrats or Cabinet members present? | 和现任幕僚出席的情况下 私下会晤? |
[20:33] | What are you accusing us of? | 你在指责我们吗 |
[20:34] | – You weren’t elected. – Neither were you. | -你不是选举产生的 -你也不是 |
[20:36] | I have an obligation to President Bartlet– | 我对巴特勒总统有义务 |
[20:39] | Don’t lecture me about responsibilities! | 不用你教我什么是责任和义务! |
[20:41] | Then start acting like you understand them. | 你懂的话现在开始去做 |
[20:44] | If you’re uncomfortable serving as my chief of staff, Leo… | 如果你不想继续做我的幕僚长 |
[20:48] | …feel free to recuse yourself until I’m gone. | 我在位其间你大可离职不干 |
[20:52] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[21:14] | We started this, Leo. | 一切由我们开始里奥 |
[21:16] | – This isn’t about Shareef. – You’re right, it’s not. | -这事跟沙里夫没关系 -对是没关系 |
[21:19] | It’s about our allowing situations in these countries to develop in the first place. | 这种因于我们 对待那些国家的方式 |
[21:24] | We choose the order and certainty of petty despots… | 宁可选择一个明确 而严苛的独裁政权 |
[21:27] | …over the uncertainty and chaos of developing democracies. | 也不能接受在追求民主的过程中 有可能出现的混乱和杂音 |
[21:30] | Shareef ordered the slaughter of innocent women and children. | 沙里夫下令屠杀 无辜的妇女和儿童 |
[21:34] | He wasn’t a nationalist or a fledgling democrat… | 他不是一个爱国者 或者成长中的民主人士 |
[21:36] | …he was a cold-blooded murderer. | 他是一个冷血的杀手 |
[21:38] | Six more American boys are dead. | 又有六个美军阵亡了 |
[21:40] | And that doesn’t make you angry? | 你难道不感到愤怒? |
[21:42] | Of course that makes me angry! | 当然我很愤怒! |
[21:52] | The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral. | 暴力迟早会逐渐消亡 |
[21:57] | Returning violence with violence only multiplies violence… | 但以暴易暴会衍生更多的暴力 |
[22:01] | …adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. | 如同为无光的暗夜 再增添深重的黑暗 |
[22:08] | Dr. King. | 金博士(马丁 路得 金) |
[22:11] | I’m part of that darkness now, Leo. | 现在我就是这片黑暗的一部分 |
[22:15] | When did that happen? | 这是何时发生的 |
[22:18] | Dr. King wasn’t wrong. He just didn’t have your job. | 金博士没有错 只是他不是一个总统 |
[22:39] | Need any help? | 要帮忙吗 |
[22:47] | No. | 不 |
[22:55] | – Harvard, huh? – Yeah. | -哈佛对吗 -是的 |
[22:59] | – Cum laude. – Don’t be too impressed with that. | -优等生 -别太在意那个 |
[23:02] | Harvard gives those out like paper placemats. | 那不过是一张纸 |
[23:06] | Summa’s the hard one. I knew, like, one person who got summa that year. | 杰出综合论文奖很难 那年有人得奖了 |
[23:10] | She was my girlfriend. | 是我的旧女友 |
[23:13] | Where’d you go? | 你打算去哪里? |
[23:15] | Go? | 去? |
[23:18] | You graduated from college, right? | 你毕业准备上大学了吧? |
[23:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:22] | Oh, Harvard. | 喔哈佛 |
[23:24] | Josh. Vetting files on Knighton. | 乔西这是奈顿的审核文件 |
[23:28] | My dad went there too. My sister, my Uncle Bunky… . | 我爹也是那里毕业的 我姐姐邦奇叔叔 |
[23:32] | – Uncle Bunky? – Yeah. Ridiculous, huh? | -邦奇叔叔? -很可笑的名字对吗? |
[23:34] | Atwood gave a quote to the Times. | 时代杂志引述了艾活的一段话 |
[23:37] | You’re a Pierce? Pierce Bedroom in the residence, that’s you? | 你是白宫皮尔斯寝室 那个皮尔斯吗? |
[23:41] | My great-great-grandfather. | 我的曾曾祖父 |
[23:43] | – Has Toby seen this? – Found you first. | -托比看了没 -先给你的 |
[23:48] | What’s it say? | 怎么说 |
[23:52] | Hey, you know Eliot Cabot? He would’ve been there around your time. | 你认识艾勒特 卡勃吗 他是你同期的人物 |
[23:55] | No, I don’t think so. | 我不认识 |
[23:57] | – I knew his sister, Perrin. Pretty well. – Yeah, I bet you did. | -我认识他的妹妹很漂亮的 -我猜也是 |
[24:00] | You know Hamilton Pew? Ham Pew? | 你认识咸美顿 标? 咸标? |
[24:02] | I don’t get it. | 我不懂 |
[24:05] | – Where’s Toby? – He went down to the mess. | -托比在哪里 -在储藏室 |
[24:08] | Ham’s the reason the squash team went 9-0 in ’89. | 咸89年带领壁球队赢得9:0 |
[24:10] | All-lvy three years in a row. I mean… . | 我说的可是三连冠 |
[24:13] | I wasn’t much into squash. I was more of a Crimson guy. | 我对壁球不大感兴趣 我是昆臣的写手 |
[24:16] | – Crimson? – The campus newspaper. | -昆臣? -校园报纸 |
[24:18] | Yeah, that figures. | 难怪 |
[24:21] | – What’s that supposed to mean? – Nothing, that’s great. | -你什么意思? -没有那很好啊 |
[24:24] | – You implying I didn’t have a social life? – You said you had a girlfriend. | -你暗示说我没有正常社交吗? -你说你有女友的 |
[24:27] | – I had a lot of girlfriends. – Really? | -我有过很多女友 -真的? |
[24:30] | You guys always walk so fast? | 你们总是走这么快? |
[24:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:37] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[24:38] | Where’d you spend your free time, one of those finals clubs? | 你的业余生活怎样的 在男生俱乐部打发时间? |
[24:41] | No, let me guess. The Spee? Hasty Pudding? | 让我猜猜 史比? 还是速食布丁? |
[24:45] | The Pudding is not technically a final. | 布丁里面可不是只有男生 |
[24:47] | Toby. Steve Atwood in the Times. It’s already on the website. | 艾活上了时代杂志 网上也登出来了 |
[24:50] | You were one of those guys who used to harass me on my way to the library… | 你们总是喜欢在我 去图书馆的路上把我拦住 |
[24:54] | …drunk out of your minds, wearing those ridiculous red chinos. | 喝得醉醺醺的 还穿着滑稽的红色斜纹裤子 |
[24:58] | You or me? | 你还是我? |
[25:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:13] | Your son’s sacrifice for his country… | 令郎为国捐躯 |
[25:15] | …for the safety and security of us all, will not soon be forgotten, sir. | 是为了保护民众的安全 这必将被人们铭记 |
[25:22] | I appreciate that, sir. | 很感谢你先生 |
[25:24] | You and your family will be in our prayers tonight. | 你和家人会得到上天的眷顾 |
[25:28] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[25:34] | How many more? | 还有多少? |
[25:35] | Two. | 两个 |
[25:41] | When do I get to the fun part of being president? | 何时我才能享受当总统的乐趣 |
[25:43] | The fun part, sir? | 乐趣? 阁下 |
[25:45] | Yeah, flying around in Air Force One… | 乘坐空军一号四处翱翔 |
[25:47] | …getting a good tee time at Hilton Head. | 在希尔顿 赫德岛打场高尔夫 |
[25:49] | I doubt you’ll have much trouble getting good tee time, sir. | 我想你可没有那样的时间阁下 |
[25:54] | This is a weird-looking room. | 这真是一个糟糕的房间 |
[25:56] | Truman called it the crown jewel of the federal penal system. | 杜鲁门形容对于联邦司法体系 它就像是皇冠上的宝石 |
[26:00] | – You a Truman fan? Me too. – Yes, sir. | -你很喜欢杜鲁门?我也是 -是的 |
[26:02] | I would have taken you for an Eisenhower man, sir. | 我以为你会更喜欢艾森豪威尔 |
[26:05] | If Truman were alive today, he’d be a Republican. | 如果杜鲁门还活着 今天他肯定是一个共和党人 |
[26:08] | Oh, I doubt that very much. | 我对此很怀疑 |
[26:10] | You know, it’s funny. This was never an ambition of mine. | 有趣的是我没有这样的野心 |
[26:14] | I never wanted to be president of the United States. | 我从没想过要当总统 |
[26:18] | Neither did Mr. Truman. | 杜鲁门也没想过 |
[26:21] | I’ll start another call, sir? | 我去帮你接通下一个电话阁下? |
[26:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:00] | “This isn’t about partisan politics, it’s about what’s best for the country. | 这与党派政治无关 这是对国家最有利的方式 |
[27:05] | However long this crisis lasts… | 无论危机持续多久 |
[27:06] | …we’re fortunate to have President Walken here to lead us. “ | 我们都很高兴 可以由沃肯总统领导我们 |
[27:10] | – Great quote. – Thanks. | -说得不错 -谢谢 |
[27:11] | “However long this crisis lasts,” that’s… . | 无论危机持续多久… |
[27:15] | Nice turn of phrase. | 绝妙的转折 |
[27:16] | Of course, a more accurate description of that time might be: | 当然对这一时期更恰当的形容 |
[27:19] | “Till Bartlet decides to sign the second letter… | 应该是”直至巴特勒总统决定复职 |
[27:22] | …and boot Walken out of our White House. “ | 并把沃肯赶出白宫” |
[27:24] | What? | 什么 |
[27:26] | You’re campaigning in the middle of a national tragedy. | 你在国难之时谋取竞选资本 |
[27:29] | Zoey Bartlet’s breathing through a straw… | 祖伊 巴特勒仍然命悬一线 |
[27:31] | …you’re test-driving sound bites for the next election? | 你们已经为下届选举做势? |
[27:34] | Straight answer, once in your life. What are you guys up to? | 你直接告诉我 你们究竟想干什么? |
[27:37] | Closed-door meetings, planting quotes in the Times. | 闭门会议 媒体宣传 |
[27:40] | What’s next, spontaneous speeches questioning Bartlet’s fitness to lead? | 下一步是不是公开质疑 巴特勒总统的执政权威? |
[27:45] | You don’t get it, do you? | 你似乎不明白对吗 |
[27:47] | Republicans are in awe of Bartlet. | 共和党人非常敬佩巴特勒 |
[27:49] | He recused himself in the only way he could. | 他能人所不能 |
[27:52] | In a way envisioned by the Constitution. | 贯彻了宪法所赋予的权力和精神 |
[27:55] | The Framers were afraid of the president’s daughter… | 制宪者会预想到总统的女儿 |
[27:57] | …being kidnapped at musketpoint? | 被绑架并有生命危险? |
[27:59] | The notion of the 25th Amendment… | 25号修正案的精神在于 |
[28:01] | …is that the institution matters more than the man. | 将国家社稷置于个人荣辱之上 |
[28:04] | Bartlet’s decision was more self-sacrificing… | 巴特勒的决定是一种自我牺牲 |
[28:06] | …because he gave power to his opposition. | 因为他愿意将权力 拱手让出给反对党 |
[28:08] | The institution may matter more, but it’s your guy protecting it, not ours. | 维护公众利益是我们共同的责任 不应该是一党裹挟的 |
[28:13] | A truly self-sacrificing act usually involves some sacrifice. | 自我牺牲的背后 当然会伴随其他的牺牲 |
[28:19] | So now you’re gonna nail us to the cross. | 你现在打算把我们钉在十字架上 |
[28:21] | No. | 没有 |
[28:23] | You beat the terrorists at their own game. | 你们用不光明的手段 对付恐怖分子 |
[28:27] | We’re not stupid, Josh. | 我们并不笨乔西 |
[28:29] | We try to use this to our advantage, it’ll blow up in our faces. | 我们以此作为话柄 只会让自己难堪 |
[28:33] | We’d seem callous and unfeeling… | 我们会被视为冷酷无情 |
[28:35] | …in contrast to Bartlet’s extraordinary gesture of courage and patriotism. | 尤其与巴特勒本人 非凡的勇气和爱国精神相比 |
[28:40] | And anyone who thinks otherwise… | 如果有人不像我这样做 |
[28:44] | …has a particularly craven way of looking at politics. | 只能说明他在政治上非常软弱 |
[29:09] | – What happened? – AI Jazeera has a tape of Zoey. | -怎么回事 -半岛电视台播放绑匪的录音 |
[29:13] | – They broadcast it four minutes ago. – What’s he saying? | -四分钟前发布的 -他在说什么? |
[29:16] | He’s claiming responsibility for the kidnapping… | 他承认绑架的责任 |
[29:18] | …in the name of the Bahji and Sulayman Mahmoud. | 以巴解组织以及 苏利文 穆罕默德的名义 |
[29:21] | -Who is that? -One of the terrorists… | -那是谁 -其中一个恐怖分子 |
[29:23] | …they want released from prison in Pakistan. | 正被巴基斯坦关押 他们要求释放的囚犯 |
[29:25] | – What is that she’s holding? – This morning’s USA Today. | -她拿着的是什么? -早上的今日美国 |
[29:29] | They are again demanding the prisoners be released. | 他们再次重申要求释放被囚人员 |
[29:31] | Is she even conscious? She looks drugged. | 她神智清醒吗? 像是被下了药 |
[29:34] | Why is the quality so bad? | 画面怎么这么糟糕 |
[29:36] | We think it’s a digital photograph e-mailed to Al Jazeera… | 我想这是电邮去 电视台的数码图片 |
[29:40] | …probably over a modem. | 通过调解器传送的 |
[29:41] | We’re sure that’s her? | 我们肯定这是她本人? |
[29:44] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[29:46] | What else is he saying? | 他还说了什么 |
[29:48] | He is denouncing the United States, the kingdom of Qumar… | 他在指责美国政府还有库马政府 |
[29:52] | …and our attack on holy Muslim lands. | 以及我们对神圣穆斯林土地的攻击 |
[29:55] | And he says if every American soldier is not out of Qumar in 24 hours… | 他说美军如果 不在24小时内撤出库马 |
[30:00] | …then they are going to shoot her. | 他们会射杀人质 |
[30:45] | Toby. | 托比 |
[30:47] | – I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you. – No. No, sir. | -抱歉我无意吓到你 -不会不会 |
[30:50] | Just surprised to see you here, Mr. President. | 只是奇怪你在这里 总统先生 |
[30:52] | They haven’t revoked my pass yet. | 他们没有收回我的通行证 |
[30:56] | Please. Sit. | 请坐 |
[31:05] | Is there something I can do for you, sir? Anything…? | 有什么我能为你做的吗? 任何事 |
[31:09] | Do you have a cigarette? Abbey won’t let me smoke in the residence. | 你有烟吗? 艾碧 不准我在住处抽烟 |
[31:13] | I usually keep a pack hidden in the office. | 所以我办公室常常藏着一包 |
[31:15] | -I probably have a couple of cigars. -No, thanks. | -我想我还有几支雪茄 -不用了 |
[31:19] | I just thought maybe somebody on your staff…. | 我只是想可能还有人没下班… |
[31:44] | What are you working on? | 你在做什么? |
[31:47] | The speech for when you come back. | 准备你回归的讲稿 |
[31:51] | How’s it coming? | 情况怎样 |
[31:54] | Fine. Tough. | 还好有点困难 |
[31:56] | Mind if I have a look? | 介意我看看吗 |
[32:01] | – It’s not finished yet. – That’s all right. | -还没写好 -没关系 |
[32:06] | I’m still working on the ending. | 我在考虑结尾部分 |
[32:16] | Where’s the other one? | 另一个在哪里 |
[32:19] | What other one? | 什么另一个 |
[32:22] | The other speech. | 另一份讲稿 |
[32:25] | We only wrote one. | 我们只准备了一份 |
[32:50] | – You write this? – No. Will. | -你写的? -不威尔写的 |
[32:54] | But we won’t need it, sir. | 我们不会需要这个的 |
[33:06] | “The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.” | “凡主赐予我们的他亦可夺走” |
[33:10] | You mind if I take this with me? | 你介意我拿走吗 |
[33:15] | Maybe I can bum a smoke off one of the agents. | 也许我可以在别人 那里借到一根烟 |
[33:19] | You take care of yourself, Mr. President. | 你要保重总统 |
[33:45] | Can you hang on, officer? | 请稍候警官 |
[33:57] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰一下 |
[33:59] | We may have something. | 我们有发现了 |
[34:01] | You been home since this started? | 这事开始以后你回过家吗 |
[34:05] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[34:08] | You guys any closer to naming my successor? | 你的人有考虑我的继任人选吗 |
[34:11] | You were serious about that? I thought you were joking. | 你认真的? 我以为你开玩笑 |
[34:14] | I promised Laura a month on a boat… | 我答应萝拉花一个月时间 |
[34:16] | …kicking around the Caribbean for our honeymoon. | 陪她到加勒比海度蜜月 |
[34:19] | Thirty-two years later, I think her patience is finally wearing a bit thin. | 32年过去了我可以理解 她的耐性已经消磨殆尽 |
[34:23] | You sail? | 你开船吗 |
[34:24] | Last thing I captained weighed 7000 tons. | 以前我的船有7000吨 |
[34:27] | I should be able to figure out how to ease a 32-foot Catalina… | 我还必须费尽心思 让32尺长的远程轰炸机 |
[34:31] | …into a slip in Kingston. | 顺利降落在金斯敦 |
[34:32] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[34:34] | Mr. McGarry, sir. Admiral. | 麦加利先生上将 |
[34:37] | The FBI are on their way over. They think they found Zoey Bartlet. | FBI说他们找到 祖伊 巴特勒的下落了 |
[34:43] | Virginia state trooper responded to a domestic disturbance call. | 维吉尼亚州警察向我们报告 |
[34:47] | A couple got drunk, he let her out by the road in the middle of nowhere… | 看守的人喝醉了留下她一个人 |
[34:52] | …so she dialed 911 on her cell. | 她用手机拨打了911 |
[34:53] | Trooper couldn ‘t find her, she’d wandered off to get out of the rain. | 她不肯定自己所在位置 我们花了很大功夫 |
[34:57] | Guy checked an old barn across from where she said she’d be. | 根据她提供的资料 我们搜查了一个可疑的谷仓 |
[35:43] | Zoey! | 祖伊 |
[35:54] | She’s got a possible clavicle fracture, irritation because of tear gas… | 她有怀疑骨折 因为催泪瓦斯引起的刺痛 |
[35:57] | …and ringing in her ears because of the flashbangs. | 还有耳朵会有冲击造成的轰鸣 |
[36:00] | No sign of sexual assault, but she’s still out of it. | 没有性侵犯的迹象 但还不能完全肯定 |
[36:03] | – They’re gonna run a tox scan– – They all dead? | -他们准备对她进行详细检查 -他们都死了? |
[36:05] | Sharpshooters got two using the spike mike and thermal scanners. | 阻击手杀死了两个持有武器的 |
[36:09] | Other one was sleeping, tried to grab a weapon. | 另一个在睡觉有反抗意图 |
[36:12] | We found her locked in a closet in the back bedroom. | 我们发现她被关在卧室的衣橱里 |
[36:14] | Agent Casper? | 卡斯帕探员? |
[37:07] | – Mr. President. – Good morning, sir. | -总统先生 -早安 |
[37:10] | – You ready to do this? – Yes, sir. | -你准备好了 -是的 |
[37:32] | – You gonna run again? – I haven’t decided. | -你打算参选吗 -还没决定 |
[37:35] | If you do, let me know. | 决定了告诉我 |
[37:37] | I’ll come campaign for you. | 我会帮你竞选 |
[37:39] | I’m not so sure that’d be a plus in my district, Mr. President. | 我不知道我的选区会不会 有我的位置总统先生 |
[37:44] | Stick around for the press conference? | 准备好去新闻发布会了吗 |
[37:46] | Thank you, sir, but I think the nation’s best seeing one president at a time. | 谢谢你的好意 我想国民只希望看见一个总统 |
[38:02] | Glen. | 格伦 |
[38:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:14] | I have the final version of your speech for review, Mr. President. | 我准备了你的讲稿的最终版 |
[38:18] | I won’t need it. I’m gonna use the one from last night. | 不需要了我用昨晚的那个 |
[38:21] | Last night, sir? | 昨晚的? |
[38:23] | I made a few changes. I hope you won’t mind. | 我作了一点改动 希望你不要介意 |
[38:25] | No, sir. Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[38:27] | – Thank you, everyone. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -感谢各位 -谢谢总统先生 |
[38:30] | – How much time do I have, C.J.? – They’re gathering now. | -我有多少时间? C.J. -他们准备好了 |
[38:33] | We told the networks to be ready in 10 minutes. | 我们告诉电视台那边等十分钟 |
[38:37] | Excuse me, will the first lady be joining you–? | 抱歉第一夫人会出席吗? |
[38:39] | – No. She’s at Walter Reed with Zoey. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -不她和祖伊在一起 -谢谢总统先生 |
[39:01] | Would you like that on the TelePrompTer? | 你需要字幕提示吗 |
[39:03] | No. That won’t be necessary. | 不需要 |
[39:30] | So who’s the lucky winner? | 谁是那个赢家? |
[39:32] | The president hasn’t decided. | 总统还没决定 |
[39:34] | – You got a favorite? – The president hasn’t decided. | -你有个人偏好吗 -总统还没决定 |
[39:38] | Josh, they’re gathering. | 乔西他们准备好了 |
[39:43] | Nice office. | 不错的房间 |
[40:04] | –exhibited by so many of our government’s leaders. | …多位政府领袖 |
[40:07] | And now, we’re going live to the Rose Garden… | 现在我们即将现场直播玫瑰园 |
[40:10] | … where the president will address the nation. | 总统的全国演说 |
[40:17] | Did we ever find those five Bahji sleepers? | 我们找到那几个巴解成员吗? |
[40:20] | No. | 没有 |
[40:23] | – Mr. President. – Mr. President. | -总统先生 -总统先生 |
[40:27] | – Are they ready for us, C.J.? – Yes, sir. | -他们准备好了? -是的 |
[40:36] | – Where are we on a vice president? – We have several candidates, sir. | -副总统的事怎样了 -有一些候选人 |
[40:39] | Ready for your decision. | 等你的决定 |
[40:41] | Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States. | 各位美国总统 |
[40:52] | The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. | 凡主赐予我们的他亦可夺走 |
[40:56] | Words I did not fully understand until our daughter… | 这句话以前我并不完全理解 |
[40:58] | … was taken from us three days ago. | 直到我的女儿被绑走才顿悟其意 |
[41:01] | But now we can rejoice and be glad, for that which was lost has been found. | 然而现在我们可以重现欢欣笑颜 只因寻回所失至爱 |
[41:06] | That my child is back in her mother’s arms… | 我的孩子已重回母亲怀抱 |
[41:09] | …is serendipity and grace. | 这是莫大的恩慈 |
[41:12] | A second chance that will not slip through our hands again. | 我们会珍惜彼此相处的机会 |
[41:16] | I wish that I could tell you that there’s some new policy… | 但愿我能告诉大家 有一些新的政策 |
[41:19] | …some new weapons system… | 一些新的武器系统 |
[41:21] | …a silver bullet, perhaps, that could meet this moment… | 或者只是一颗子弹 可以让我们远离 |
[41:24] | … that could keep us safe from the terror that’s now among us. | 恐怖分子的袭击并保护我们 |
[41:28] | But if I were to say that, I’d be lying. | 但假使我这样说也不过是谎言 |
[41:32] | All I can promise you is that I will fight with every fiber of my being… | 我唯一可以保证的 只是我会竭尽全力 |
[41:37] | … with every weapon in our arsenal… | 用尽一切手段和资源 |
[41:39] | …and with every ounce of God’s grace to keep us strong and free… | 还有借助上天赐与的恩慈 以使我们更强大更自由 |
[41:44] | …and safe. | 更安全 |