时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Zoey! | 祖伊 |
[00:09] | Abdul Shareef had nothing to do with what happened to Zoey. | 阿杜 沙里夫与祖伊的事情无关 |
[00:12] | -You don’t know that. -I did what I thought was necessary. | -你不能肯定 -我只是做了必须做的事 |
[00:15] | Your decisions, Jed, not ours. | 这是你的决定不是我们的 |
[00:17] | -Any word on the new speaker? -I’m betting Haffley. | -对新议长有什么看法 -我想应该是哈夫利 |
[00:19] | Republicans think Haffley’s a fascist. | 连共和党人都觉得 他是一个法西斯分子 |
[00:21] | -Where are we on a vice president? -We have candidates… | -副总统的事进展如何? -有一些候选人 |
[00:24] | …ready for your decision. | 等你的决定 |
[00:53] | Zoey? | 祖伊? |
[00:58] | Zoey! | 祖伊 |
[01:01] | Zoey. | 祖伊 |
[01:29] | Dad. | 爹 |
[01:32] | That wasn ‘t the worst. The worst was M-80s at the ballpark. | 这还不算糟糕 更糟的是球场那些焰火 |
[01:35] | Me and Tommy Ledden and the guys pooled our ammo… | 我和汤米 雷登还有其他球迷 |
[01:38] | …and in a burst of patriotic pride, blew out the toilets… | 怀着爱国热情忍了好久 差点把厕所干爆了 |
[01:41] | …behind the concession stand. | 就在附属看台后面 |
[01:44] | Cute girls were there, in shorts. | 还有一些穿得很清凉的美眉 |
[01:48] | Is the secretary of state supposed to be here? | 国务卿有预约吗 |
[01:51] | Yeah. Is he? | 是的他来了? |
[01:52] | It was set last night. I put it on your– Where you said. | 昨晚预约的我把备忘 放在你说的那个地方了 |
[01:55] | -Secretary Berryhill. -Leo. Josh. | -贝部长 -里奥乔西 |
[01:59] | -Mr. Secretary. -Gentlemen, please. | -国务卿阁下 -先生们请坐 |
[02:02] | Did you read Berardi’s resignation letter in The Post? | 你们看到报纸上贝拉第的辞职信吗 |
[02:06] | -Eloquent. -A little old-fashioned. | -意味深远 -有点老派的味道 |
[02:08] | A little? Aaron Burr’s call to the interview at Weehawken was less stilted. | 有点? 艾朗 布尔在维贺根的 媒体采访相比就显得过于矫饰了 |
[02:12] | Berardi blunted his protest by making it a laundry list. | 贝拉第用这样笨拙的方式 表达自己的政见 |
[02:15] | The bombings, the assassination. I thought he would go for our neckties. | 轰炸暗杀等列了一纸清单 我真觉得他不会善罢甘休 |
[02:19] | -How are the Syrians? -Better. | -叙利亚那边怎样? -还好 |
[02:22] | Probably afraid they’re next. | 也许他们害怕会成为下一个目标 |
[02:24] | Anyone else making noise? | 还有别的问题吗? |
[02:26] | Mostly shows of support, regards to the first family from the Saudis in Cairo. | 其他国家大多表示理解 沙特皇室还转达了对总统的问候 |
[02:30] | Your address to the U.N… | 你在联合国的演说 |
[02:33] | -…it went a long way. -You’re polling in the high 60s. | -做得很好 -民调显示接近70点 |
[02:37] | -Only the president’s doing better. -You’re polling on me? | -支持率只在总统之下 -我的演说你做了民调? |
[02:40] | You guys are desperate for good news. | 你们真是急需好消息的慰藉 |
[02:42] | Getting the president back in the Oval Office was a start… | 让总统回来执政只是第一步 |
[02:46] | …but the message we need to send now is one of action. | 我们正准备对外传递的讯息 才是关系重大的举措 |
[02:51] | -You want some coffee? -No, thanks. | -你要咖啡吗 -不用了 |
[02:54] | Our first priority is to name a vice president. | 我们当务之急是提名一位副总统 |
[02:56] | The press is expecting us to lay out our timetable tomorrow. | 媒体已经期望我们 明天给出有关的时间表 |
[03:01] | But we’re thinking what if, instead, we announce. | 但我们打算更为简单直接一点 |
[03:04] | Say this is our guy, the vice president of the United States of America. | 对外宣布某人成为 美利坚合众国的副总统 |
[03:07] | -Sound like a good start? -Sounds about right. | -听起来是好开始? -听起来是对的 |
[03:11] | So if your president asks, you’ll serve? | 如果总统咨询你的意见 你会愿意接受任命吗? |
[04:11] | Finally you join the 21 st century. | 你终于肯做一个现代人了 |
[04:14] | -Can we keep this between us? -In the office? | -不要告诉别人好吗? -办公室的幕僚? |
[04:16] | I still take a plain, all-American cup of Joe. | 我还是喜欢用朴素的美式杯子 |
[04:19] | Not like that. | 不是那样的 |
[04:20] | -You doing okay, Dad? -Sure. | -你可以自己来? -当然 |
[04:22] | Because it is the Fourth of July. We’ve been up 20 minutes, and– | 今天是国庆 我们已经准备了20分钟 |
[04:26] | I’m saving the Founding Fathers till lunch. | 国父的故事我午餐再告诉你们 |
[04:28] | -Still on? -Only if you’re up to it. | -还要讲? -只要你还想听 |
[04:30] | -I am. -Morning. | -我想听 -早安 |
[04:32] | -Morning. -Smell the coffee? | -早安 -闻到咖啡吗? |
[04:34] | I could heard it. Could that thing be any louder? | 我听到了你们搞得太吵 |
[04:37] | -I’ll be right back to make yours. -Keep the ice on it. | -我回头再做你的 -记得放冰块 |
[04:48] | -He had no reservations? -None. | -他没有预约? -没有 |
[04:50] | No qualms about DSCC travel or the rubber-chicken circuit? | 没有本党议员竞选巡游 或是社区活动? |
[04:53] | -He’s onboard. -So our message is stature. | -他已经在名单上 -我们的宣传已经足够了 |
[04:55] | And national security. Toss in motherhood, the flag. Fax it. | 还有国家安全爱国主义 都可以作为宣传重点 |
[04:58] | With dignity. The guy’s a war hero, he radiates presidential. | 他是一个真正的战争英雄 有着领导者的气质 |
[05:01] | -We don’t need to oversell this one. -We need a war room. | -过分吹嘘会适得其反 -准备一个会议室 |
[05:04] | Get someone from the counsel’s office, Legislative Affairs– | 去法务部找个人过来 有些法律问题 |
[05:08] | -He’s been through this as secretary. -Confirmed by the Senate, not the House. | -他当选国务卿时已经确认过了 -只是参院众院还没通过 |
[05:12] | We’ve got 24 hours. Even a whiff of a whiff of a rumor, we bat it down. | 我们有24小时要兵来将挡 不能出一点纰漏 |
[05:16] | -Smart offense. -Error-free ball. | -技巧进攻(橄榄球术语) -完全比赛(棒球术语) |
[05:18] | Knock yourselves out. He’s a slam dunk. | 都不对 他是灌篮高手(篮球术语) |
[05:20] | Too many sports metaphors. I want all of his public statements… | 太多体育术语 我要所有他的公开讲话 |
[05:24] | …his activity for the party, his financial disclosure forms… | 他的党内活动记录 还有财务收支报表 |
[05:27] | -…his video rentals, his Post-its. -I’ve gotta brief. | -他的录像带租借记录和邮购帐单 -我要做简报 |
[05:29] | -Can we start booking him? -Actually, you’re right. | -我们是不是要把他藏起来? -你是对的 |
[05:32] | No interviews till we hear that he’s gonna be confirmed. | 直至确认以前 不允许他接受任何采访 |
[05:35] | -This will go quickly. -For the Sunday shows? | -消息会传得很快 -周日的节目就会报道? |
[05:38] | -Two days? You bet. -Can we–? | -你以为会有两天? -我们…? |
[05:40] | We don’t leave a “Help Wanted” sign out for another news cycle. | 我不想在下期节目还看到 我们的”求职”报道 |
[05:43] | We feed them Zoey’s pool spray today, but we won’t stay ahead long. | 我们准备让祖伊在媒体前露面 当然不会太久 |
[05:46] | -Zoey’s okay? -She said she is. | -祖伊没问题? -她说可以 |
[05:48] | -When are the Republicans over? -Before lunch. We show our respect… | -共和党人何时过来? -午餐前作为礼貌 |
[05:51] | …Berryhill’s confirmed by next week. | 贝利希尔的提名放到下周 |
[05:54] | -C.J. -I know. Toby? | -C.J. -我知道托比? |
[05:57] | -You like him, right? -Berryhill? I’m over the moon. | -你喜欢他对吗? -贝利希尔? 我很高兴 |
[05:59] | This is my over-the-moon face. | 我高兴的样子就是这样的 |
[06:04] | -You see Berardi’s resignation? -You ready for it? | -你知道贝拉第辞职? -你看过了? |
[06:06] | “The president appreciates his long service, respects his right to differ… | 总统感谢他长期的服务 以及尊重他不同的政见 |
[06:10] | …and he will be missed. ” You look spiffy. | 他将会被人们记住 你看上去精神爽利 |
[06:13] | You could look spiffy too, if you ever went home. | 你也可以只要你回家一次 |
[06:16] | I’m clean. I showered. I wanted to ask, though, on the assassination– | 我很干净洗了澡 我想问关于暗杀 |
[06:20] | -Avoid that word for starters. -Berardi’s letter keeps it front page. | -避免使用那个字眼 -这个字眼在贝拉第信里出现多次 |
[06:23] | The questions I keep getting asked are, why not a trial or tribunal? | 我一直被问及为何没有 经过审判或者国际法庭? |
[06:27] | Why covert ops? Why didn’t we simply detain him? | 为什么使用特种部队? 为何不在美国领土拘捕他? |
[06:30] | -Stick to the script. You’ll be fine. -The Pentagon’s keeping it classified. | -按稿子念就没问题了 -五角大楼已经列为军事机密 |
[06:34] | So send the questions to the Pentagon. | 把球踢过去就完事 |
[06:36] | Hey. About the pool spray. The first lady wanted me to ask. | 关于媒体见面 第一夫人想了解 |
[06:40] | Zoey walks with her dad. We see she can walk. It puts everyone’s mind at rest. | 祖伊和父亲一起散步 这会让担忧的国民安心 |
[06:44] | -Photos only? -That’s the beauty of it. No questions. | -只许拍照? -当然不许提问 |
[06:47] | And on the Truman Balcony for fireworks? | 还有在杜鲁门阳台看烟火? |
[06:49] | Family photo. Just the White House photographer. | 家族照片只允许白宫摄影师 |
[06:51] | But reassure the first lady, Zoey hesitates and we cancel. | 向第一夫人保证一旦祖伊 改变主意我们取消活动 |
[06:58] | Good morning. Welcome to the holiday edition of your briefing. | 早安这是国庆假期的首次简报 |
[07:01] | Ryan, you’re here. I’ve got nine boxes that need to go to the OEOB. Room 180. | 赖恩帮我把这九个盒子 搬到旧行政楼180室 |
[07:07] | -They call it the old Energy Plan Room. -It’s the Fourth of July. | -他们叫它旧能源策划室 -今天是国庆 |
[07:10] | It is a holiday, but we just survived a national crisis… | 是假日没错 但我们刚经受国家危机 |
[07:14] | …which I guess you slept through, so there’s a lot to do here. | 我猜你还不知道这里很忙 |
[07:18] | -Explain to him why I can’t go sailing. -Dude, Ryan’s not onboard… | -我在解释为何我不能去航海 -兄弟赖恩不能去 |
[07:22] | …because he’s taking some boxes over to the OEOB for me. | 因为他要帮我搬东西 |
[07:25] | It’s those big ones. It’ll take a few trips. They need them right away. | 就是那些大盒子要来回几次 他们马上要 |
[07:31] | -The new speaker called again. -Haffley? Now what? | -议长又来电了 -哈夫利? 怎么了 |
[07:34] | We already moved the meeting up so he could watch the green flag at Daytona. | 我们把会议提前好让他 赶上去看赛车比赛 |
[07:38] | -I think it was his son’s T-ball game. -Whatever. | -我以为他要看儿子的棒球比赛 -管他呢 |
[07:41] | He has some questions about the agenda. | 他对议程有些意见 |
[07:43] | I’ll bet. You tell him it was about the VP selection? | 猜到他知道会议 关于副总统提名的事? |
[07:46] | -I think he wants to hear some names. -He better be at the meeting. | -他大概想听到确切的名单 -希望他能来 |
[07:49] | Hey. When was the last time you got a look at the CDC budget breakdown? | 疾病预防控制中心的经费预算 已经很久没有削减过吧? |
[07:54] | Everything before last Saturday is kind of fuzzy. | 上周六前发生的事都有点混乱 |
[07:59] | Ken Krupp heard HHS is reworking the whole thing. | 肯 克鲁伯听说卫生福利部 对此很有意见 |
[08:02] | Five days till markup. A lot of horse-trading left to do. | 最后决定还有五天时间 他们肯定会讨价还价 |
[08:05] | Division of Violence Prevention, 65 percent cut. | 防暴署的开支要减少65个点 |
[08:08] | -Really? First lady pissed? -Her attention is elsewhere. | -真的? 第一夫人生气了? -她没那个精力顾及这个 |
[08:14] | -That’s probably good. -Not really. | -这是好事 -不尽然 |
[08:16] | She’d get worked up. I doubt she could do a lot. | 她会妥协的 有些事情她无能为力 |
[08:18] | She could do plenty. | 她不会坐视不管 |
[08:20] | -It’s a shame. -There’s a future for you… | -那很可惜 -你能不能想想办法 |
[08:22] | -…in motivational speaking. -Take it to her, what do I know? | …游说一下? 让她自己处理这关我什么事? |
[08:26] | -She in the office today? -No. | -她不在办公室? -不在 |
[08:28] | Monday? Let it go. | 周一? 算了吧 |
[08:30] | You’re gonna have to breathe through it for a while. | 你们应该学会接受现实 |
[08:33] | -Not my forte, waiting. -You have other fortes. | -我身上没有这个优点 -我想你有其他的 |
[08:37] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[08:39] | -Nothing. I didn’t mean it. -You absolutely meant that. | -没特别的意思 -你话里有话 |
[08:42] | -Okay, maybe I did. -Be careful what you start. | -好吧或者有 -你小心说话 |
[08:47] | In light of recent events, how do you respond to Dr. Berardi’s claim… | 白宫如何回应贝拉第博士的声明 |
[08:51] | … that the practical reason for not assassinating foreign leaders… | 指出他不支持 暗杀他国领导的原因 |
[08:54] | …is that our officials and families are vulnerable to retaliation? | 是担心我们的政府官员及其眷属 容易受到恐怖袭击报复? |
[08:58] | Abdul Shareef was not targeted as a foreign leader. | 阿杜 沙里夫不是 外国领导的身份 |
[09:00] | He was stopped from blowing up the Golden Gate Bridge. | 我们的行动是为了 阻止他袭击金门大桥 |
[09:03] | We should wrap up. Zoey Bartlet is coming… | 今天到此为止 祖伊 巴特勒正在准备 |
[09:05] | …and you in the pool should get in position. | 希望媒体也安守秩序 |
[09:07] | Remember, this young lady has been through an ordeal. | 我们的小姐经历了一点磨难 |
[09:10] | She’s not gonna take questions. So just show some basic human– | 她将不会回答提问 各位请给予一点起码的尊重 |
[09:14] | I almost said “decency. ” But don ‘t worry, I’m back. | 我几乎想说怜悯 别担心我忍住了 |
[09:17] | -What’s next? -Norfolk is remaining at ThreatCon 5. | -接下来是什么? -诺福克仍然是警戒5级 |
[09:20] | The manuals confiscated in Portland… | 波特兰收缴的资料 |
[09:22] | …include blueprints for a radiological dispersion device. | 包括一个放射性物质 散布设备的蓝图 |
[09:26] | The guys we detained in Tanzania yesterday… | 昨天我们在坦桑尼亚 拘捕了一名嫌犯 |
[09:28] | …were packing botulinum toxin and cyanide. | 在他身上查获了 肉毒菌霉素和氰化物 |
[09:32] | But we can go ahead and light sparklers in our own back yard? | 我们仍然可以在后院燃放烟火? |
[09:35] | Along with our people, the FBI, the Park Service, Capitol and local police… | 沿线都有我们的人 FBI公园警卫首都和当地警察 |
[09:39] | -…there’ll be 2000 officers. -Air Force jets will monitor the airspace. | -一共有2000个警员 -空军会负责空中警戒 |
[09:43] | There’s a no-boating zone on the Potomac… | 波汤麦河上我们设置了禁航区 |
[09:45] | -…between 14th Street and the bridge. -A party invitation if I ever heard one. | -在14街到纪念桥之间 -搞成这样请我也不敢来 |
[09:49] | -Very few local events are affected. -What has? | -本地的活动基本不受影响 -有哪些? |
[09:52] | Reading the Declaration got postponed. No one cleared the fife and drum corps. | 宣誓仪式要延期 军乐队的人身份没经过调查 |
[09:56] | And a group of immigrants taking the citizenship oath had to cancel. | 还有一个移民 团体的集会也要取消 |
[10:00] | The VFW Hall they’re using had a bomb scare. | 原来安排的地点收到了炸弹恐吓 |
[10:02] | -Fine. Thank you all. -Thank you, Mr. President. | -很好感谢各位 -谢谢总统先生 |
[10:07] | When do I sit down with Berryhill? | 何时安排与贝利希尔会面? |
[10:11] | -Two. -Good. | -两点 -好 |
[10:12] | I’ve got a lunch I don’t wanna rush. | 我有午餐安排 不想匆匆忙忙的 |
[10:15] | -How’s Zoey doing? -Really well. Considering. | -祖伊怎样? -好多了谢谢 |
[10:18] | -They’re on their way down. -Thanks. | -他们下来了 -谢谢 |
[10:20] | What’s with a bomb scare at an immigration ceremony? | 为何移民集会会收到炸弹恐吓? |
[10:23] | lmmigration has been encouraging more district and neighborhood ceremonies. | 我们鼓励移民通过集会加强 社区和邻里之间的联系和互助 |
[10:28] | Most of this group being sworn in are from Arab countries. | 这次的移民很多来自中东国家 |
[10:31] | Folks who have been interviewed and background-checked by two agencies… | 每个都曾经被入境处人员 进行详细的背景调查和面试 |
[10:35] | …taken classes to learn our language… | 而且必须要上课学习英语 |
[10:38] | …passed exams on our history and government… | 通过关于历史和司法制度的考试 |
[10:41] | …and fingerprinted twice? These kind of Arabs? | 还被取了两次手印对吧? 就是这些阿拉伯人? |
[10:43] | -Yes, sir. -Find an auditorium… | -是的 -找一个合适的地方 |
[10:45] | -…where they can safely take their oath. -Yes, sir. | -让他们继续集会 -好的 |
[10:49] | Oh, man, I don’t like the looks of all that. | 天我不想看到这些 |
[10:51] | -They call it nonessential for a reason. -We’ll send most of it to the auto-pen. | -这些都是不重要的 -大部分我可以用自动签名笔处理 |
[10:55] | The auto-pen didn’t work while I was on hiatus? | 我离职那段日子 这支笔还有效力吗? |
[10:58] | It raised constitutional issues we couldn’t parse. | 那会引起难以预料的宪法问题 |
[11:01] | C.J. needs you to approve this. It’s from the archives. | C.J. 建议用这个 刚从档案室送来的 |
[11:03] | She said everyone will probably go with the fireworks. But this is nice. | 大部分人会选择烟火晚会那张 但她觉得这张更好 |
[11:07] | -It’s sweet. -They were laughing at me. | -很甜蜜 -他们当时只是在取笑我 |
[11:09] | Was this your first time at the farm? It was, wasn’t it? | 这是你第一次到农场去对吗? |
[11:12] | I got on and I stayed on. | 我在那里呆了几天 |
[11:14] | -You were a natural horseman, Charlie. -Fiderer. | -你是天生的骑手查理 -费达罗 |
[11:18] | Thank you. She’s ready. | 谢谢她准备好了 |
[11:34] | Are you…? | 你…? |
[11:36] | Mom, I’m okay. | 妈我没事 |
[11:42] | You know how to do this. Just breathe and walk. | 只要深呼吸慢慢走就好 |
[11:45] | You look great. | 你看上去很好 |
[12:01] | Zoey, America loves you! | 祖伊大家都爱你! |
[12:18] | Mr. Speaker, Mr. Leader, in the spirit of everyone wins… | 议长先生主席先生 基于谋求双赢的精神 |
[12:23] | …we wanted to thank all of you in the Republican leadership. | 我们由衷感谢 共和党领导层的各位 |
[12:26] | We can be proud of the way we crisscrossed the aisle recently. | 我们对两党在危机时的合作感到欣慰 |
[12:30] | We’d like to inform you of the president’s choice for vice president. | 我们想知会有关 总统对副总统的决定 |
[12:33] | So there’s nothing to the rumor he begged Walken to stay? | 那么他请求沃肯留下只是坊间谣言? |
[12:36] | -They’re good friends. -It’s Lewis Berryhill. | -他们是好朋友 -他会提名路易斯 贝利希尔 |
[12:39] | -He’ll step down as secretary of state. -We’ve already confirmed him once. | -届时他会卸任国务卿 -他已经被我们确认过一次 |
[12:43] | -You’re looking for an expedited process? -The country needs to move on. | -你们希望尽快解决这事? -政府需要更有效的运作 |
[12:48] | He’s an obvious choice. His military records, governmental service… . | 他的军方经历和行政经验 都让他成为毫无疑问的人选 |
[12:53] | -Frankly, I’ve got a problem. -What kind of problem? | -老实说我有一个问题 -什么问题 |
[12:56] | I don’t have the votes. Not for Berryhill. | 我不会投赞成票对贝利希尔 |
[12:59] | The guy’s a war hero. He’s the most popular secretary of state since… | 他是一个战争英雄 |
[13:04] | …whoever Lincoln had. He was unanimously confirmed by the Senate. | 是自林肯时代那个谁之后最受欢迎的国务卿 他当时还是参院全票通过的 |
[13:08] | Seward. Lincoln had Seward, who was stabbed in his bed. | 斯活林肯时代的国务卿 虽然他在床上被刺死 |
[13:11] | And Berryhill wasn’t confirmed by the House. | 而且贝利希尔 并没有得到众院确认 |
[13:14] | No one’s confirmed by the House. This is your one at-bat. | 没人试过被众院确认 现在轮到你们挥棒了(棒球术语) |
[13:17] | -We should let them have the room. -Leo. No. | -我们让他们单独商议 -里奥不用 |
[13:20] | I don’t need to be schooled by my brethren. | 我并不需要 再咨询党内高层的意见 |
[13:22] | -I get what my job is here. -Advice and consent. | -这是我的职权所在 -提建议或表赞同 |
[13:24] | Your job is to confirm the president’s choice is qualified. | 你的职责是确认 总统的决定是否符合资格 |
[13:27] | No one can say Lewis Berryhill isn’t qualified. | 没人会认为贝利希尔不够资格 |
[13:30] | But you don’t want a fight. | 但你们并不希望一场争辩 |
[13:32] | Berryhill’s a fight. | 贝利希尔会带来争议 |
[13:34] | Mr. Speaker, I know you haven’t been through this before. | 议长先生我了解你没有 类似这样的经验 |
[13:37] | None of us has. Other administrations haven’t lost their vice president… | 我们都没有在这之前没有 因为性丑闻导致下台的 |
[13:41] | -…to a sex scandal. -Mr. Speaker. | -副总统 -议长先生 |
[13:43] | Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not here just to be a naysayer. | 不要误解我我来这里 不是跟你们唱反调 |
[13:46] | -I have suggestions. -You have suggestions? | -我有一个建议 -建议? |
[13:51] | Here are a few names that could be easily confirmed. | 这里有一些名字 我想会比较容易得到确认 |
[14:03] | This is your list? | 这是你的名单? |
[14:08] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗? |
[14:18] | Senator. | 参议员 |
[14:22] | I have no problem with this list. | 我对这个名单没有异议 |
[14:35] | -What the hell just–? -Will! In the Oval. | -这怎么回事? -威尔! 去办公室 |
[14:38] | -And grab C.J. -We just– We got tagged. | -叫上C.J. -我们被触杀了(棒球术语) |
[14:43] | -Idiot thinks he tagged us. -He did. | -谁想到他会这样 -他正是如此 |
[14:45] | -He’s bluffing. -We don’t blink. | -这简直是要挟 -我们不能动摇 |
[14:47] | What the hell is he thinking? Is he just in over his head? | 他究竟在想什么? 脑袋发烧了吗? |
[14:50] | -He’s an idiot. He’s bluffing. -We put up Berryhill. | -他是白痴还想要挟我们 -我们提名贝利希尔 |
[14:52] | We wait for the Republicans to self-destruct. | 然后等着共和党自己分裂 |
[14:55] | -lf we have the time. -He’s an idiot, and we’ll destroy him. | -如果有足够时间的话 -他是白痴我们不会输的 |
[14:58] | -Worried about leaks or about numbers? -Both. | -担心消息泄漏还是票数? -都担心 |
[15:01] | How long can we spin it? If it drags on and gets ugly, people worry– | 能拖多长时间? 我担心 纠缠下去会使民众不安 |
[15:06] | We got a fight. With this list? It’s a joke. | 我们竟然为了 这份名单头痛真讽刺 |
[15:08] | August Adair would bore the country into a stupor. | 奥格斯 亚代尔 是一个极度无聊的人 |
[15:11] | Starkey is, forgive me, sir, more likely to keel over in three years than you. | 史塔基原谅我这样说 三年后他比你更不可能连任 |
[15:15] | The longer Haffley drags this out, the longer he’s next in line. | 时间拖得久哈夫利 就有可能成为下一个人选 |
[15:19] | -Diane Frost is a serious name. -Diane is a serious loon of the left. | -戴安 福斯特是一个认真的提名 -她是一个真正的笨蛋 |
[15:22] | I love Diane Frost. I’d marry Diane Frost… | 我喜欢戴安 福斯特 我会跟她结婚 |
[15:25] | …if I were a member of her stated sexual preference… | 如果她看得上我的话 (暗指对方是同性恋) |
[15:28] | …but Diane is unelectable. | 事实上她没有参选资格 |
[15:30] | Their agenda is sniper anyone who’s hard to beat next time. | 他们目的在于阻击 任何有可能下次当选的人 |
[15:33] | -This wasn’t about partisan politics. -It is now. | -这跟党派斗争无关 -现在就是 |
[15:36] | Come on, guys. The door is closed. This has always been about partisan politics. | 算了吧这里又没有外人 政治从来都是钩心斗角互不相让 |
[15:41] | One reason we were ecstatic this morning… | 我们反应过激的理由 |
[15:43] | …is that Berryhill looks good to take over next. | 是因为贝利希尔 适合将来接任我的位置 |
[15:46] | -He also looks good now. -Who is Robert Russell? | -他现在也不是毫无胜算的 -谁是罗拨 罗素 |
[15:48] | He’s the congressman from Western Colorado. | 他是西部科罗拉多的议员 |
[15:51] | And I don’t mean the state. I mean the mining company. | 我说的是科罗拉多采矿集团 |
[15:54] | -Bob Russell is not presidential. -Are we discussing the list? | -他看上去没有领导气质 -我们是在讨论那份名单吗? |
[15:57] | We’re dissing the list. Wasn’t Russell–? Is he “Bingo Bob”? | 我们在否定这份名单 罗素是否就是我们的”那个人”? |
[16:01] | -That’s him. -Let’s not diss it. | -就是他 -不要再盲目否定 |
[16:03] | Okay, listen up. We’re sticking with Berryhill. | 你们听着我们坚持贝利希尔 |
[16:05] | -I wanna announce tomorrow. -Let’s check with our friends. | -明天对外公布 -看看我们的朋友反应如何 |
[16:08] | -Make sure they’ve got our back. -What about the list? | -我们需要一些支持 -名单怎么处理? |
[16:11] | Get these folks in. You and Josh have some nice chats. | 把这些人叫来 你和乔西跟他们好好谈谈 |
[16:14] | -You wanna placate Haffley? -I wanna try. | -你想向哈夫利示好? -尽力而为 |
[16:17] | If he thinks he’s getting to advise, maybe he’ll consent. | 当他意识到自己的建议被接纳 也许不会太抗拒我们 |
[16:20] | -lf you could say hello too, sir. -“Hello” is all they’ll get. | -如果你也能配合一下先生 -打个招呼是没问题的 |
[16:23] | Whatever happens, has to happen now. Time’s not our friend here, Josh. | 无论怎样抓紧一点 我们什么都有就是没有时间 |
[16:27] | -I’m on it. -C.J., can you…? | -我马上安排 -C.J.你能否…? |
[16:29] | Toby, when’s the bris? | 托比割礼什么时候? (托比是犹太人) |
[16:32] | -It was this morning, sir. -This morning? You dog. | -今天早上阁下 -早上? 你这家伙 |
[16:34] | -We’ve been busy. -I’ll get you later. | -太忙所以没说 -迟点跟你算帐 |
[16:37] | -Nice service? -For me. | -进行得还顺利? -我还好 |
[16:39] | I’m not sure Huck enjoyed it as much. | 对哈克可不是那么回事 |
[16:41] | -Quite a way to start the morning. -It was. | -这样的早上很特别 -是的 |
[16:43] | And it’s just the beginning. | 但这还只是开始 |
[16:49] | Call them in. Twenty minutes each. | 让他们过来每人二十分钟 |
[16:51] | Make it clear this is not about the vice presidency. | 说清楚这与副总统一事无关 |
[16:54] | They are not candidates for jobs listed in the Constitution. | 他们不是宪法规定的候选人 |
[16:58] | -Are they candidates? -They are not. | -他们是候选人? -绝对不是 |
[17:00] | -They are not. Repeat that. -They are not. | -不是候选人重复这点 -他们不是候选人 |
[17:07] | -They were becoming citizens? -Before the bomb scare. | -他们准备入籍? -炸弹恐吓之前 |
[17:10] | -Margaret’s checking into other venues. -G.W.’s getting back to me too. | -玛格勒正查找合适的会址 -那边有消息会马上告诉我 |
[17:14] | You wanna release the president’s helping find a site for them? | 你想我简报的时候提及 总统关心移民集会吗 |
[17:17] | Wait until we’re sure we solved it. On the other thing– | 在事情解决之后再提还有… |
[17:20] | -I’m fine. -Toby thought you were a little– | -我没事 -托比觉得你有点… |
[17:22] | -Toby’s wrong. I’m not. -Berardi’s resignation letter… | -他错了我没事 -贝拉第的辞职信 |
[17:25] | -…was persuasive. -It was. But I’m not. | -很有说服力 -但不能说服我 |
[17:27] | -I don’t know why Toby thought– -You know… . | -我不知道托比怎会认为… -你知道… |
[17:31] | -Sorry, I gotta– -Sure. | -抱歉我要去… -好的 |
[17:34] | And Secretary Rowse sent some beautiful calla lilies. | 卢瑟部长送了一些漂亮的马蹄莲 |
[17:37] | -Give him a call. Anything else? -Ken Krupp called. A couple of times. | -回个电话表示感谢 -肯 克普打过来好几次 |
[17:42] | I’ve got his card. Thank him for me. | 我收到他的卡片了 也替我谢谢他 |
[17:45] | -What? -I think Ken’s concerned about… | -怎么? -我想肯的来电是关于 |
[17:47] | …the HHS appropriation. There were some changes in the CDC budget. | 卫生福利部的预算案疾病预防 控制中心的经费被削减了不少 |
[17:50] | Committee’s going to markup. Violence Prevention could lose 65 percent. | 委员会即将敲定最后方案 防暴署甚至会失去65点的经费 |
[17:54] | -Sorry. What are you–? -I’m sorry. It was nothing. | -抱歉你能否…? -对不起没事了 |
[17:57] | You’re gonna have to handle things for me a little while longer. | 你必须在这段时间 帮我处理这些事情 |
[18:01] | -I know. Do you want me to–? -I trust you. | -我知道你希望我…? -我信任你 |
[18:03] | That’s why I hired you. | 这是我请你的原因 |
[18:09] | Hello. He’s just finishing a call with Congresswoman Frost. | 他刚和福斯特议员通过电话 |
[18:13] | -I’m looking for my daughter. -She’s with Will. | -我想找我的女儿 -她和威尔在一起 |
[18:16] | Don’t you–? He’d want me to interrupt. | 你不进去? 不要紧的 |
[18:18] | -No, no. Don’t bother. -Mrs. Bartlet… | -真的不用了 -巴特勒太太 |
[18:20] | …I can’t tell you how hard I prayed for you. | 我难以描述 我多诚心为你们祈祷 |
[18:23] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[18:26] | Well, you shouldn’t. I’m not very religious. | 其实我不是一个忠诚的教徒 |
[18:29] | So my praying could be taken as insincere or even an affront… | 所以难保我的伪善会让上帝 |
[18:33] | …which if it’s a vengeful God, could have made matters worse. | 觉得冒犯而让事情变得更糟 |
[18:36] | Well, it didn’t. So maybe there’s a clue. | 事情变好了 说明上帝接受了 |
[18:40] | So how many of these letters have come? | 来信一共有多少? |
[18:42] | -At last count, 10,000. -Well, here’s another good one. | -起码一万封 -这有一封不错的 |
[18:46] | “Dear Zoey, I hope they won’t kill you. But if they do, that it’ll be quick. “ | 我希望他们不会杀你 即使会也希望那只是转瞬之间 |
[18:50] | -Zoe. -She put a smiley face at the end. | -祖伊 -最后她画了个笑脸 |
[18:52] | -You don’t need to read them. -I do. | -你不需要读这些信 -我想读 |
[18:54] | -No, you don’t. -Sorry. | -你不要这样 -抱歉 |
[18:56] | -No, you’re busy. -Not at all. | -你很忙 -还好 |
[18:58] | Okay if Charlie stays? He thinks he needs to babysit. | 介意查理留下吗? 他想陪着我 |
[19:01] | Sure. How was lunch? | 当然午餐怎样 |
[19:03] | -You know Dad, “Jefferson lives. ” -Will hasn’t been here. | -父亲总是重复国父的故事 -威尔以前不在 |
[19:07] | My dad loves Fourth of July stuff. | 父亲喜欢独立日的故事 |
[19:10] | Like Jefferson and Adams dying on the same day. | 像杰佛逊和亚当斯 都在这一天过世 |
[19:13] | Adams thought Jefferson had survived him. | 亚当斯以为杰佛逊还活着 |
[19:15] | “Jefferson lives,” were his last words. | “只要杰佛逊还在”是他的遗言 |
[19:17] | It appeals to Dad. You know, hope and irony– | 这对父亲来说 希望和反讽的意味 |
[19:20] | With a little party politics thrown in. Shall we get busy? | 伴随一些政治色彩的东西 我们开始好吗 |
[19:24] | You want to draft a letter. A response to the country, is that right? | 你希望写一封致国民的信对吗 |
[19:27] | -Yes. -I’m gonna ask you questions… | -是的 -我问你一些问题 |
[19:29] | …and come up with a draft for you to review. | 方便我为你写一份草稿 |
[19:32] | -Okay. -We’ll start with, how do you feel? | -好的 -那首先你感觉怎样? |
[19:37] | Don’t worry about phrasing or brevity. I’ll do that part. | 不要担心如何措辞这是我的工作 |
[19:43] | I feel… | 我感觉 |
[19:46] | …lucky. | 自己是幸运的 |
[19:49] | I feel happy to be back. | 可以回来很高兴 |
[19:52] | And… | 而且 |
[19:54] | …grateful. | 满怀感激 |
[19:57] | I feel a little bad that so much had to go into this. | 对于给很多人造成困扰 |
[20:02] | Saving me, and all. | 拯救我于危难 |
[20:06] | I wish I hadn’t… . | 我希望我没有… |
[20:09] | Well, it didn’t happen. | 这事没有发生 |
[20:11] | We all do. | 我们都希望 |
[20:14] | -And then I have to go and– -It wasn’t your fault. | -我必须去… -这不是你的错 |
[20:20] | Okay. So that’s good? Was it–? | 好的那就这样? |
[20:24] | -That was, yeah. I’ll get back to you. -Cool. Thanks, Will. | -嗯是的我写好拿给你 -好谢谢威尔 |
[20:32] | And of course there’s the necessity to lessen the ceremonial burdens. | 有必要分担一下总统的职责 |
[20:37] | Absolutely, Senator Starkey. | 当然史塔基议员 |
[20:39] | -In ways John Hoynes didn’t always– -Let’s not talk about that. | -以前荷尼斯就做得不好 -我们不想讨论这个 |
[20:45] | The agenda could be strengthened… | 我希望加强政党执政的力度 |
[20:47] | …if more of the president’s ceremonial burdens were removed. | 避免总统被一些杂务缠身 |
[20:50] | -We don’t disagree. -Good. | -我们不同意 -好的 |
[20:54] | Do you have a few minutes to say hello to the president? | 你有几分钟时间 去和总统打个招呼吗 |
[20:58] | I’m at his disposal. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[21:18] | -Congressman Russell. -Mr. Ziegler. Mr. Lyman. | -罗素议员 -斯格先生莱曼先生 |
[21:22] | -Josh. We met at the… . -Good memory. | -乔西我们见过… -好记性 |
[21:25] | -I wasn’t sure you could pick me out. -Luckily, I didn’t have to, Bob. | -我以为你不能把我认出来 -我也不是太肯定波勃 |
[21:29] | We’d like to establish from the outset– You know what the press climate is… | 必须事先声明 在当前的舆论压力下 |
[21:33] | …and why we can’t afford to, well, make decisions before we’ve made them. | 我们不希望有些事情 在下结论以前被宣扬出去 |
[21:38] | Sure. | 当然 |
[21:39] | There’s to be no discussion whatsoever in this meeting… | 这次的讨论不涉及政府任何 |
[21:42] | …of any position in the government that may or may not be open. | 公开或者非公开的职位 |
[21:46] | -Understood. -Which is not to say this meeting… | -明白 -也就是说会议内容 |
[21:49] | -…is about that. -Okay. | -与我们的决定无关 -好的 |
[21:52] | What are your thoughts on the president’s and the party’s agenda… | 你对未来三年总统和政党 |
[21:57] | …for the next three years? | 的执政议程有何看法? |
[22:00] | There hasn’t been much about the last couple of weeks I wouldn’t rather erase. | 过去几星期有太多的事 我希望从记忆里抹去 |
[22:04] | But this I’ll keep. | 但有一件事我耿耿于怀 |
[22:06] | Lewis, I’m hoping to announce you as my new vice president. | 路易斯我希望提名 你为我的副总统 |
[22:11] | -Our new speaker balking? -Yeah. | -新议长有意见? -是的 |
[22:15] | This could be rockier than we had hoped. | 这会比我们预想的困难得多 |
[22:18] | -I can handle it. -Not just for us, but for the country. | -我想我明白 -不仅仅对于我们对国家也是 |
[22:23] | Sir, as secretary of state, I’ve shown you my conciliatory side. | 阁下作为国务卿 我更多展示我温和的一面 |
[22:28] | But in my heart of hearts, I’m spoiling for a fight. | 但在我的内心 我是一个不怕输的战士 |
[22:33] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[22:36] | We’re going to double her detail, visible presence, in diamond formation… | 我们打算加强她的保安 任何公开场合都使用菱形护卫 |
[22:40] | …flanking her like the president. | 以总统的规格进行 |
[22:42] | -No going for yogurt? -We need three days’ notice… | -你要点酸奶吗? -我们需要三天时间 |
[22:45] | …for site sweeps and background checks on anyone… | 去安排一些工作 指定场所的搜索任何她 |
[22:47] | -…she may come in contact with. -I’m gonna need time to process this. | -可能接触的人的背景调查 -这些资料我需要一些时间去整理 |
[22:51] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:53] | I do have one question. | 我还有一个问题 |
[22:55] | -Sorry, I didn’t hear this was moved up. -We’re just finishing. | -抱歉我不知道你们有事要谈 -我们刚结束 |
[22:59] | They’ll be a report on new protocols on your desk by C.O.B. | 我会把新的 保安建议书放在你的桌面 |
[23:02] | -Great. -Feel free to copy Leo… | -好的 -复印一份给里奥 |
[23:03] | -…but I’d like the report delivered to me. -Fine. | -我希望直接给我过目 -好的 |
[23:09] | Did you have a question? You were saying you had a question. | 你是否还有疑问? 刚才你说你有一个问题 |
[23:12] | How would you compare the residence with the farm? | 你觉得白宫和农场相比怎样? |
[23:15] | -In terms of security? -Yes. | -就保安工作方面? -是的 |
[23:17] | -What are you thinking? -I don’t know yet. | -你在想什么? -我不知道 |
[23:19] | As you’re aware, we have the farm continually secured. | 农场一直处于严格的保安之下 |
[23:22] | It doesn’t have bulletproof windows or a crash-proof gate. | 但窗户没有安装防弹玻璃 也没有特殊材料制造的防撞门 |
[23:25] | Here, we’re in a fortress. | 但白宫就像一个军事堡垒 |
[23:28] | On the other hand, the White House is a target. Ground zero. | 但另一方面 白宫是一个显著的目标 |
[23:31] | -It’s probably six of one– -Thank you. | -是六个高风险… -谢谢 |
[23:52] | I hadn’t heard you were thinking about New Hampshire. | 我不知道你想搬回新罕什郡 |
[23:55] | -That might be the best. -I moved the meeting up… | -也许这样也好 -我私下咨询朗恩 |
[23:58] | …because I didn’t want you here. | 是因为我不想见到你 |
[24:01] | -In the meeting? -In the residence. | -这个会面? -我指白宫 |
[24:07] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[24:12] | I’ve been trying to– I thought you’d need some space. | 我尝试…我以为你需要一点空间 |
[24:16] | She’s back. She’s safe. | 她回来了她很安全 |
[24:19] | She’s gonna stay safe. | 我要她安全地生活下去 |
[24:22] | -We all want what’s best for Zoey. -You laid us open. | -我们都为这而努力 -你让他们公开了暗杀的事 |
[24:25] | You laid me and my daughters wide open. | 你将我和我的女儿置于险地 |
[24:28] | God knows what else there is. I don’t know. | 天知道以后还会有什么 |
[24:30] | -There is nothing else. -I swear to God, Leo, don’t– | -不会再有什么发生 -我发誓里奥 |
[24:34] | Seventy-two hours. Her bruises aren’t even– Did you see her face? | 才过了3天她的淤伤甚至还没褪去 你看到她的脸吗? |
[24:40] | For God’s sake, don’t ask me to trust you. | 老天我怎么可能相信你的话 |
[24:45] | -I’m not. -And don’t think you took the bullet. | -我知道 -还有别想着代人受过 |
[24:50] | I blame Jed. | 我怨恨杰德 |
[24:53] | He did this. | 他一手造成的 |
[25:05] | We understand the choice. He’s a popular secretary. | 我们理解这个选择 他很受欢迎 |
[25:08] | -But he runs State like a dictator. -Come on. | -但他管治国家的方式像个独裁者 -得了 |
[25:11] | I know, I’m overstating. | 我知道我有点夸张 |
[25:14] | Many Democrats see Berryhill as aloof. | 很多民主党人都觉得他不合群 |
[25:16] | And not only because he’s never run for office. Not even dogcatcher. | 他从没有管理一个部门的经验 连流浪狗管理处也没有 |
[25:19] | He’s not a team player. A minor flaw, maybe, but you’re anointing the guy. | 虽然缺乏团队精神不掩盖他的出色 但你们何必偏偏选中他 |
[25:23] | -Once he’s in the spotlight– -lf he’s stuck there… | -一旦他成为民众的焦点… -如果继续下去 |
[25:26] | …while the speaker halts the government. | 议长可不会善罢甘休 |
[25:28] | Berryhill’s warts are gonna show? | 他的缺点会被扩大和曝光? |
[25:30] | You’re assuming the Republicans follow through. | 你们假设共和党会跟我们抗争到底 |
[25:32] | Haffley’s list of candidates was amateur hour. | 哈夫利名单上的人都不入流 |
[25:35] | -It had some decent names. -lf you insist on Berryhill… | -上面有些实在的名字 -你坚持贝利希尔 |
[25:38] | …we’ll fight. But it’ll prove how impotent you’ve made us. | 我们会支持但这会突显 我们对当前局面的无力感 |
[25:41] | -How? -You knighted Haffley… | -何解? -哈夫利的上任 |
[25:43] | …when you moved Walken out. Haffley’s not bluffing. He doesn’t bluff. | 是因为沃肯当时自动辞职 他不是闹着玩的不是虚张声势 |
[25:46] | Okay. So we fight for Berryhill. We only need a majority. | 我们要提名贝利希尔 而且要获得多数票 |
[25:50] | Four guys to break ranks and join you. It’s simple. | 从那边挖4张票很简单 |
[25:52] | Haffley’s got them on choke chains. You won’t get them. | 哈夫利会把他们用铁链串在一起 你不可能称心如意 |
[25:55] | Not in a day. Not in a month. It’s that simple. | 别说一天一个月也别想把事办成 |
[25:58] | So there he was on his deathbed. | 他躺在床上弥留之际 |
[26:03] | Fifty years to the day. | 自那天起已经过了五十年 |
[26:06] | Fifty years since the signing of the Declaration. | 从签署独立宣言开始 |
[26:10] | July 4th. Independence Day. | 7月4日独立日 |
[26:14] | There he is on his deathbed– | 他已经走到了生命的尽头 |
[26:17] | Which one are you with now, Senator Adair? | 现在你在说谁? 阿代尔议员 |
[26:19] | -Jefferson? -Adams. | -杰佛逊? -亚当斯 |
[26:21] | But of course, both of them were dying. | 当然他们都死于 |
[26:23] | On the same Fourth of July. That’s what’s so amazing. | 7月4日真让人惊讶 |
[26:28] | Fifty years since that day in Independence Hall… | 签署独立宣言的一刻 |
[26:32] | …immortalized in Trumbull’s famous painting of the scene. | 被图布尔的油画忠实地记录了下来 |
[26:36] | Two great giants, dying on their country’s birthday… | 然而五十年过去两个伟人 死于自己国家的生辰 |
[26:41] | …after years of friendship and feuding. | 伴随着多年的恩怨长埋地下 |
[26:45] | -As diplomats in Paris, they had– -Excuse me. | -作为曾任巴黎的外交人员他们… -很抱歉 |
[26:49] | I’m sorry, senator. | 抱歉议员 |
[26:52] | This will only take a second. | 我离开一会 |
[26:58] | Debbie, you were supposed to interrupt after five minutes. | 黛比我叫你五分钟就该打断我了 |
[27:00] | It’s only been three, sir. | 现在才三分钟不到阁下 |
[27:03] | Tell Leo I can’t take any more of this. | 告诉里奥我无法忍受了 |
[27:05] | There’s only a couple more. | 再过几分钟就完了 |
[27:10] | Wait. The Democrats actually liked the list? | 民主党高层竟然喜欢这名单? |
[27:12] | They don’t like Berryhill. Donna! | 他们不喜欢贝利希尔唐娜! |
[27:14] | The minority leader thinks it’s not a bluff… | 少数党主席也认为共和党是认真的 |
[27:16] | …and we won’t win a House battle. | 我们会输掉这场持久的拉锯战 |
[27:18] | The minority leader’s running for president. | 少数党领袖希望自己可以当选总统 |
[27:21] | -Donna, get me Leo! -She went to the bathroom. | -唐娜给我找到里奥 -她去了洗手间 |
[27:23] | She’s not allowed to do that. Get me Leo. | 她不应该跑开去帮我找到里奥 |
[27:25] | -Leo McGarry? -Yes, Leo McGarry. | -里奥 麦加利? -是的 |
[27:27] | They leaked the Starkey-Russell list. | 他们公开了共和党的候选名单 |
[27:29] | -Is that bad? Makes Berryhill look better. -Guys. We can’t confirm Berryhill. | -好事坏事? 让贝利希尔相比更好点? -我们要放弃贝利希尔 |
[27:34] | -We can’t? -Trouble with the Democrats. | -放弃? -连我们党内高层也不支持 |
[27:36] | And the Republicans. That’s everyone. | 还有共和党人这几乎是全部票源 |
[27:38] | -We gotta move on. -Move on? | -我们总要走下去 -怎么走下去? |
[27:40] | We don’t move on from our first post-Walken showdown. | 这是我们自沃肯离开后的 第一个重大举措 |
[27:43] | This is the president’s defining decision. | 还是总统首肯的决定 |
[27:45] | No kidding. Time’s running out. | 不开玩笑但我们没时间了 |
[27:47] | If we don’t find someone to confirm tomorrow– | 如果明天还找不到合适人选 |
[27:49] | -We had other names. -Hey, sorry. | -我们有其他选择 -抱歉 |
[27:52] | Does anyone know Mr. McGarry’s extension? | 谁知道里奥的分机号? |
[28:02] | Yeah. I’ll let you get back to your catfish, governor. | 我会让你带些鲶鱼回去 |
[28:06] | No, I’m not much of a fisherman. | 当然我没有渔夫那么多 |
[28:08] | Maybe we will. | 也许吧 |
[28:11] | And a happy Fourth to you. | 国庆节快乐 |
[28:16] | -Sir, do you have a moment? -You don’t wanna be vice president? | -阁下打扰你一会 -你不想做副总统? |
[28:19] | -No, sir. -Then you can stay. | -不想 -那你留下吧 |
[28:22] | It’s about Zoey. | 跟祖伊有关的 |
[28:24] | Something happen? | 怎么了? |
[28:27] | -She had trouble talking to Will. -Really? | -她无法回答威尔 -真的? |
[28:30] | -She was fearless with the press. -Yes, sir. She does that. | -她很勇敢面对媒体 -是的她这样做了 |
[28:40] | -You’ve said this before. -Sir? | -你以前说过 -阁下? |
[28:44] | Look at that. Fearless. | 看她多勇敢 |
[28:49] | She puts up a good front. | 她做得很好 |
[28:51] | Name one thing. One thing my little girl’s afraid of. | 我的小女儿无所畏惧 |
[28:58] | She knows you like to see her strong. She thinks what happened was her fault. | 她知道你喜欢她坚强 她甚至认为发生的不幸是她的过失 |
[29:10] | I’m sorry, sir, but… . | 很抱歉但… |
[29:17] | Her mother wants to take her back to New Hampshire for a while. | 她妈妈想带她回去农场住一阵 |
[29:21] | What do you think? | 你怎么想? |
[29:26] | I think her mom is right. | 我想夫人是对的 |
[29:53] | I just got off the phone. Call Dooley. | 我刚收到消息你打给杜利 |
[29:55] | It’s not at the top of your list, but the chairman’s onboard, if covered… | 虽然不是首选 但主席已经同意了… |
[29:59] | -…which Dooley will agree to– -Amy. | -我想杜利也可以搞定 -艾米 |
[30:01] | Smallpox and anthrax are priorities, but we’ve spent years… | 天花和炭疽热是很重要 但我们花费经年 |
[30:04] | -…recognizing violence as a threat– -Stop. | -为了确认暴力的威胁 -停一下 |
[30:06] | If families aren’t safe at home, who needs national security? | 如果在家里也有危险 谁还需要国家安全? |
[30:09] | I’m begging you. Stop talking. You’re a machine. My head’s gonna explode. | 我求求你别说话 你像台机器我脑袋快炸了 |
[30:14] | -You said if I got the first lady– -We don’t have a vice president. | -你说过如果第一夫人… -我们没有副总统 |
[30:17] | That’s our first thing, and I can’t get it done. | 这是最重要的我搞不定 |
[30:20] | I can’t get Berryhill confirmed. The guy the president wants… | 我不能让贝利希尔被确认 总统要的人… |
[30:23] | …and I can’t get it done. So could you just… | 我搞不定你可否… |
[30:27] | -…be quiet for one moment? -Sorry. | -静一下? -抱歉 |
[30:30] | -Berryhill’s perfect. Who–? -I mean it. One minute. | -贝利希尔是最好的谁? -静一分钟一分钟 |
[30:34] | Silence. Can you manage that? | 安静你可以吗? |
[30:37] | -But l– -You can’t do it, can you? | -但我… -你不能对吧? |
[30:41] | -You– -See? | -你… -懂吗? |
[31:51] | I can ‘t believe you’re doing this. | 不能相信你竟然这样做 |
[31:53] | We’ve talked about going up to the farm for a long time. | 以前我们就说好回去农场 |
[31:56] | Later on. All together. | 是我们一起回去 |
[31:59] | -You guys ganged up on me. -That’s right. | -你们合伙的 -是的 |
[32:03] | Your mother and I are a united front, so don’t even bother. | 你母亲跟我一致对外 |
[32:10] | Come on. This is gonna be good. | 这是好事 |
[32:13] | You’ll have the orchard to walk in. | 你可以在果园散步 |
[32:15] | Once that shoulder heals, you’ll have Quince to ride. | 伤好以后还能骑马 |
[32:21] | I’ll be up as soon as I can. | 我会尽快赶过去 |
[32:24] | There’s only one thing you have to do for me. | 但你要答应我 |
[32:27] | Give yourself time. Don’t try to rush this. | 给自己时间 别勉强 |
[32:42] | There was an arm… | 我梦到有双手 |
[32:46] | …grabbing me. | 向我伸来 |
[32:52] | When I start to fall asleep… | 当我想睡的时候 |
[32:56] | …it comes back. | 总会回想起 |
[33:04] | We’re gonna help you. | 你不是一个人 |
[33:07] | We’re all gonna help. | 我们会帮你的 |
[33:31] | So the question now is how big of a battle Berryhill is worth. | 问题变成我们愿意为 贝利希尔付出多少代价 |
[33:35] | -That sums it up. -He’s eager for it, by the way. | -代价可不小 -他士气很高 |
[33:38] | -Berryhill? -Too eager, maybe. | -贝利希尔? -甚至有点好战 |
[33:40] | -Congressman Russell is here, sir. -Who? | -罗素议员来了 -谁? |
[33:44] | Bingo Bob. | 那个人 |
[33:48] | Look at them. Oh, my God. | 他们真可爱 |
[33:54] | Huck’s a little pissed in that one. | 哈克不喜欢拍照 |
[34:00] | -You look kind of… . -Yeah. He hates me already. | -你看起来… -他不喜欢我 |
[34:04] | And Molly… . | 还有莫莉 |
[34:06] | My brother got a Hebrew name, so she had to have one. | 她必须有一个犹太名字 |
[34:13] | Where’s Andy? Was she even there? | 安迪呢? 怎么不在? |
[34:18] | You gonna step out for the fireworks? | 你要去烟火晚会吗? |
[34:22] | I don’t know. I may go home. | 不知道想回家 |
[34:24] | You should. You’ve been going at it without a break. | 应该的 你需要休息 |
[34:29] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[34:34] | I went over the briefings from the last few days. | 我留意过去几天的简报 |
[34:37] | There weren’t many questions about the covert operation. | 很多问题关于暗杀行动 |
[34:40] | There were questions. | 问题只是问题 |
[34:42] | “Why didn’t Shareef have a trial? A tribunal?” Who asked that? | 为什么没有审判? 谁问的 |
[34:47] | They’re my questions, Toby. I’m asking. | 这是我的问题 我也存有疑问 |
[34:52] | You read Berardi’s resignation. | 你看了贝拉第的辞职信 |
[34:55] | “Violence is the last resort of civilized nations. | 暴力是文明社会 最后不得已的手段 |
[34:58] | Violence wrapped in secrecy is the choice of thugs. “ | 只有凶手才会将暴力掩饰和美化 |
[35:03] | You think we’re thugs? | 你认为我们是凶手? |
[35:07] | -I don’t know. -You wanna keep talking? | -我不知道 -你想聊聊吗 |
[35:15] | Let me know. | 告诉我 |
[35:22] | I’m glad you were able to stop by. | 很高兴你能过来 |
[35:24] | I wouldn’t miss a chance to discuss the party’s agenda, sir. | 我不会错过与你 讨论政党议程的机会 |
[35:27] | We can toss out the script. The list is out there now. | 我们大可不必客套 名单已经公布了 |
[35:31] | Great. Great, we can talk directly. Not great that the list was leaked. | 好其实我们可以直接一点 而不必等到名单出来 |
[35:36] | Were you surprised to find your name on that list, Robert? | 你是否惊讶自己在名单上?罗勃 |
[35:39] | It’s Bob. Robert’s my dad. And, yes, sir. | 波勃罗勃是我父亲 我确实有点惊讶 |
[35:44] | I never thought that I’d be sitting here today… | 我没想过自己会坐在这里 |
[35:46] | -…or any day. -This place is full of surprises. | -从没有 -这地方总是充满惊喜 |
[35:49] | If this is a courtesy to the speaker, I won’t waste your time with a long pitch. | 假使这是你对客人的礼节 我不想浪费你的时间 |
[35:53] | -No, please. -I get along with people. | -不会 -我跟身边的人相处融洽 |
[35:56] | They like me in the House because I don’t ruffle feathers. | 他们喜欢我是因为 我作风实际 |
[35:59] | They like me back home because I honestly enjoy a good rubber chicken. | 他们喜欢我是因为 我的平易近人 |
[36:03] | Has to do with the cooking I grew up on. | 而且我不会忘本 |
[36:05] | And it may look like I’m awful cozy with the mining industry… | 虽然看起来 我与采矿企业关系密切 |
[36:08] | …but WestCo employs five times as many of my constituents… | 但西部公司雇佣的人 是我合法选民的五倍 |
[36:12] | -…as anyone else in my district. -Are you a horseman, Bob? | -而且几乎都在我的选区 -你是一个牛仔吗波勃? |
[36:15] | -I’m looking at your boots. -Oh, I love to ride. You? | -我注意到你的马靴 -我喜欢骑马 |
[36:19] | My youngest daughter’s the one with the talent. | 我幼女尤其擅长骑马 |
[36:23] | -Praise the good Lord for her safe return. -We do. | -感谢上帝她平安回来 -是的 |
[36:28] | No, I wear these boots… . | 我穿马靴 |
[36:30] | I could give you some crap about remembering my roots. | 我可以说这是因为我念旧 |
[36:33] | But I wear these because I’ve got flat feet and they don’t hurt my arches. | 但其实只是因为马靴穿起来舒服 |
[36:38] | Well, thank you for coming by on such short notice. | 感谢你抽空过来 |
[36:42] | Let me go on the record. If you were to offer the job, I would be honored. | 我想说明一点 能接受这个职位是我的荣幸 |
[36:47] | -Thank you. -But I would need a couple things. | -谢谢 -但我有条件 |
[36:51] | I wasn’t close enough to say for sure about your relationship with Hoynes. | 虽然我对你和 荷尼斯的关系不甚了解 |
[36:55] | But as your vice president, I would want more access. | 但作为你的副总统 我需要一些沟通 |
[37:00] | Direct access. | 直接的沟通 |
[37:02] | Weekly lunch or drinks. Especially since we don’t know each other. | 每周一次的午餐或者小聚 我们对彼此还很陌生 |
[37:06] | Sounds like you’d be a vice president who’d be looking to move up. | 似乎你是一个野心勃勃的副总统 |
[37:12] | I’m not trying to run out the clock on you… | 我无意在最后的任期拉你后腿 |
[37:14] | …but I’m sure that my name came up… | 我相信我成为候选人 |
[37:17] | …because some see me as the bland candidate. | 应该是因为我温和的形象 |
[37:20] | Nobody’s nightmare. | 不会威胁任何人 |
[37:23] | The triumph of mediocrity. | 中庸之道的作风 |
[37:30] | If I were to take the job, I’d mean to confound those expectations. | 如果我接受这个职位 我不惜牺牲自己的形象 |
[37:37] | And I’d want you to know that. | 你要明白 |
[37:41] | Any other ways I can sweeten the offer for you, Bob? | 除了副总统的位置 我还能再回报你什么吗? |
[37:54] | -I’m sending my girls home. -I heard. | -她们回去了 -我知道 |
[37:57] | You wanna say goodbye? | 要去告别吗 |
[37:59] | Abbey and I spoke earlier. | 艾碧和我谈过 |
[38:03] | Two hundred and twenty-seven years ago, a bunch of guys got together… | 227年前 一群家伙决定 |
[38:07] | …on the Fourth of July and decided… | 在7月4日起义 |
[38:09] | …because they didn’t have any cherry bombs… | 因为他们没有武力支持 |
[38:11] | …they would declare some self-evident truths. | 只好高举民主的旗帜 |
[38:15] | Fed up with democracy, are we? | 民主有时其实挺讨厌的 |
[38:20] | I called Lewis Berryhill. | 我致电贝利希尔 |
[38:24] | Told him it wasn’t gonna work out. | 告诉他事情办不成 |
[38:27] | -You didn’t want a fight. -I did want a fight. | -你不想争斗 -我想 |
[38:31] | But the country needs a president who’s doing their work… | 但人民需要总统有效执政 |
[38:35] | …and since they put their trust in a guy whose mortality is showing… | 而且将信任加诸于 一个随时会挂掉的总统 |
[38:40] | …they deserve a chain of command that’s irrefutable. | 他们需要完整的行政链条 这是不容反驳的 |
[38:43] | So who is it? | 谁是那个人? |
[38:45] | Ben Franklin thought the only hope for democracy… | 法兰克林认为民主的最后希望 |
[38:48] | …was if people respected each other enough to compromise. | 是人民能以相互 尊重的姿态达成妥协 |
[38:53] | Folks in western Colorado had four chances to change their minds… | 西科罗拉多的人民 有4次机会改变主意 |
[38:57] | …about Bob Russell, and they haven’t. | 但他们一直支持波勃 罗素 |
[38:59] | -Bob Russell? Really? -He ain’t my choice. | -波勃 罗素? 真的? -他不是我心仪的 |
[39:04] | But, hey, we hated the last guy. So let’s start the betting process. | 我们只是不愿接受现实 开始进程吧 |
[39:10] | -You wanna tell the gang? -You do it. I’m done for the day. | -你要亲自告诉他们吗 -你去吧我很累 |
[39:13] | Actually, Mr. President, you have one more thing. | 总统先生 还有一事 |
[39:17] | That I will perform work of national importance… | -我会履行法律规定的义务 |
[39:21] | That I will perform work of national importance… | -我会履行法律规定的义务 |
[39:24] | -…when required by law. -…when required by law. | -我自愿服从 |
[39:27] | -That I take this obligation freely… -That I take this obligation freely… | -我自愿服从 |
[39:31] | …without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion. | 全心全意 竭尽全力 |
[39:34] | …without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion. | 全心全意 竭尽全力 |
[39:38] | -So help me God. -So help me God. | -以上帝的名 -以上帝的名 |
[39:41] | -Thanks, Leo. -Ladies and gentlemen… | -谢谢 里奥 -各位 |
[39:43] | …the president of the United States. | 美利坚合众国总统 |
[39:50] | Thank you, Your Honor. Please. | 谢谢 |
[39:53] | My fellow Americans, congratulations and welcome. | 我的人民 欢迎 |
[39:57] | I hear you had some trouble finding a safe place to take your oath today. | 我知悉你们无法找到 合适的场所作宣誓之用 |
[40:01] | Our Founding Fathers were in a similar predicament. | 我们的国父也有过类似的麻烦 |
[40:04] | In many ways, our great Declaration of Independence… | 我们伟大的独立宣言 |
[40:07] | …was a work order issued under fire. | 正是在这样的困境下产生 |
[40:10] | One we still struggle to fulfill. Now, if you’ll please stand… | 我们仍然努力去实现它的价值 现在请起立 |
[40:14] | …place your hand on your hearts and say with me: | 举起右手放于胸前 跟我说 |
[40:17] | I pledge allegiance to the flag… | 我向国旗宣誓效忠 |
[40:20] | …of the United States of America. | 美利坚合众国 |
[40:23] | And to the Republic for which it stands… | 为它所代表的 |
[40:26] | …one nation under God, indivisible… | 在上帝眷顾下团结统一 |
[40:30] | … with liberty and justice for all. | 为所有人带来 自由和正义的共和国 |
[42:30] | I wasn’t scared, Daddy. It was fun! | 我不害怕 父亲 很好玩! |