| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:07] | Our first priority is to name a vice president. | 我们的首要工作是提名副总统 | 
| [00:10] | The one guy the president wants, and I can’t get it done… | 总统要的人选我搞不定 | 
| [00:13] | -…so be quiet for one moment? -Who is Robert Russell? | -所以你可否不要来烦我? -谁是罗拨 罗素? | 
| [00:16] | -I wasn’t sure you could pick me out. -I didn’t have to, Bob. | -我怀疑你会把我视为人选之一 -我也是迫不得已 | 
| [00:19] | Folks in western Colorado had four chances… | 西科罗拉多的人们有四次机会 | 
| [00:22] | …to change their minds about Bob Russell, and they haven’t. | 改变他们对于罗素的看法但都没有 | 
| [00:25] | Bob Russell? | 波勃 罗素? | 
| [00:29] | -Remarkable. -His playing? | -不可思议 -他的弹奏? | 
| [00:31] | It’s classical piano. Who can tell one from the other? | 那是古典钢琴 谁说得上会欣赏? | 
| [00:34] | -The president. -So he claims. | -总统 -他自称会 | 
| [00:37] | -So, what’s–? -He’s North Korean. | -那么有何… -他是北韩人 | 
| [00:39] | God knows how he managed to learn. | 天知道他怎会学会的 | 
| [00:40] | Their music’s all hymns to the barley harvest. | 他们的音乐都用来歌颂农业丰收 | 
| [00:43] | -Not that they ever have one. -Too busy reprocessing plutonium. | -如果他们有音乐的话 -不是忙于制造核弹吗 | 
| [00:46] | Why they’re a rogue state. | 所以他们是无赖国家 | 
| [00:48] | “Rogue state. ” Makes them sound raffishly charming. | 无赖国家听上去反而彰显了 这个国家的特殊魅力 | 
| [00:51] | It should be “thug state. “ | 或许是独裁国家 | 
| [00:53] | -Psycho state. -We’ll ask the U.N. to so designate. | -精神封闭国家 -要让联合国通过这个称呼 | 
| [00:56] | Punk state. That’s what they are. Punks. | 流氓国家他们是一群流氓 | 
| [00:59] | Bunch of punks with what could be six nuclear warheads. | 和六枚核弹头绑在一起的流氓 | 
| [01:03] | -In a minute, everyone. -Thank you. | -再等一分钟各位 -谢谢 | 
| [01:05] | Okay, you could obliterate Australia, but know what? You’re still just a punk. | 即使你能把大洋州从地球上抹去 你也不过是一个流氓 | 
| [01:09] | Good opener. Use that. | 好的开场白用这个 | 
| [01:11] | Yeah, I took lessons for six years. Hopeless. | 我学习了六年才放弃 | 
| [01:16] | No sense of time. | 对节拍没有感觉 | 
| [01:18] | I could read okay and get the fingering down… | 我会看乐谱也懂指法 | 
| [01:20] | …but I should’ve been sent to rhythm prison. | 我想我从来就 无法理解音乐的韵律 | 
| [01:24] | What I did to the Appassionata, war criminals can’t get near The Hague. | 我弹奏贝多芬的乐曲 像战犯不敢靠近海牙(国际法庭) | 
| [01:28] | I have to stay out of Vienna. | 我也不敢靠近维也纳 | 
| [01:36] | -More amusing in English. -Marginally. | -英语还有不少有趣的比喻 -听不懂 | 
| [01:38] | My chief of staff, Leo McGarry. C.J. Cregg, press secretary. | 这是我的幕僚长 里奥 还有C.J. 盖格 新闻发言人 | 
| [01:41] | -Welcome. -An honor. | -欢迎 -我的荣幸 | 
| [01:44] | C.J. Cregg. | C.J. 盖格 | 
| [01:48] | -He asks if you both play as well. -No, no. | -他问是否你们也弹得很好 -不不 | 
| [01:51] | Chopsticks. | 筷子 | 
| [01:53] | A beginner’s piece… | 初学者的水平 | 
| [01:57] | …with an incredibly insensitive name. I’m sorry. | 这个比喻可能不很礼貌抱歉 | 
| [02:01] | Are we ready? | 我们好了吗 | 
| [02:07] | Okay, everyone. Remember, pics only, no questions. Come on in. | 各位请注意 只能拍照不允许提问 | 
| [02:16] | Welcome to the White House. | 欢迎来到白宫 | 
| [02:19] | I wanna say how honored we are, hosting your first concert appearance… | 能够在白宫西翼欣赏到你的音乐 | 
| [02:24] | …here in the West. | 我们感到十分荣幸 | 
| [02:26] | We thank the North Korean government… | 我们感谢北韩政府 | 
| [02:28] | …for so generously sharing one of their national treasures. | 如此慷慨地展示他们国家的财富 | 
| [02:32] | And we hope this marks just the first of many such cultural exchanges… | 我们希望这是两国文化交流的开始 | 
| [02:35] | …leading to improved relations between our two countries. | 同时促进我们两国的友谊 | 
| [02:52] | He thanks the president for his words… | 他感谢总统先生的发言 | 
| [02:55] | …and says all glory flow to our dear leader… | 他把所有荣耀归于我们伟大的领袖 | 
| [02:58] | …for whom he wishes long life and good health. | 愿伟大领袖健康长寿 | 
| [03:05] | Really. | 确实 | 
| [03:06] | Next time he’s overseas, be nice if Yo-Yo Ma said that. | 如果下次马友友在国外 也说同样的话就好了 | 
| [03:13] | I wanna thank you for the visit. | 感谢你的来访 | 
| [03:15] | We greatly look forward to tonight’s concert. | 我们很期待晚上的音乐会 | 
| [03:19] | Okay, everyone, thank you very much. | 好的各位非常感谢 | 
| [03:23] | Will you be seeing any sights during your day here in Washington? | 在首府的行程 有安排一些参观活动吗 | 
| [03:27] | We will visit Lincoln’s Memorial… | 我们会参观林肯纪念馆 | 
| [03:29] | …commemorating the shameful practice of slavery… | 唾弃那卑劣的奴隶制度 | 
| [03:31] | …the Vietnam wall of death. | 还有越南战争阵亡将士纪念碑 | 
| [03:40] | -CD, I will sign. -Great. | -CD我签名 -好的 | 
| [03:51] | I’ll treasure this. Thank you. | 我会好好收藏谢谢 | 
| [03:54] | Pleasure all mine. | 非常感谢 | 
| [04:04] | -Sweet kid. -The handlers are a lot of laughs. | -不错的人 -那个负责人有点可笑 | 
| [04:07] | Bet they can pretty much transform any place into their own little wall of death. | 他们总能轻易地将任何事情 与革命和牺牲联系起来 | 
| [04:12] | -What? -This isn’t an autograph. | -什么? -这不是签名 | 
| [04:15] | It’s a message. | 是一条信息 (我要叛逃) | 
| [05:10] | This is complicated. | 这很麻烦 | 
| [05:13] | Get the counsel’s office, Justice, NSC… | 联系司法局最高大法院 国家安全委员会 | 
| [05:16] | …State, lmmigration in right away. | 国务院移民局 | 
| [05:18] | -Find out what we’re talking about here. -Yes. | -尽快跟他们商量一下 -是的 | 
| [05:20] | -But it’s– -Complicated. I know. | -但这是… -麻烦我知道 | 
| [05:22] | -Anything you need? -When’s he back? | -还需要什么? -他何时回来? | 
| [05:24] | Rehearsal and sound check at 2:30. | 彩排和场地检查在2:30 | 
| [05:26] | We behave like this isn’t happening. | 我们要装作若无其事 | 
| [05:28] | -It may not be happening. -I don’t understand. | -这事不可能 -我不懂 | 
| [05:30] | We’ve been in secret negotiations with North Korea in Geneva… | 过去三周我们在日内瓦跟北韩 | 
| [05:34] | …the last three weeks. About their nuclear program. | 秘密谈判他们的核武计划 | 
| [05:37] | -This guy defects, everybody goes home. -We don’t know that. | -如果这家伙叛逃一切都不用谈了 -我们不能肯定 | 
| [05:40] | -Let’s find out. -We’re not turning him away. | -我们商量一下 -我们不是打算拒绝吧 | 
| [05:42] | -Of course not. -It’s complicated. | -当然不会 -这是麻烦 | 
| [05:45] | -Thank you, Mr. President. -Thank you, sir. | -谢谢总统阁下 -谢谢阁下 | 
| [05:49] | Congressman Thiele needs to come over… | 叫菲利议员过来一趟 | 
| [05:51] | -…before the VP confirmation vote. -Which is noon? | -在副总统确认投票前 -哪个是中午? | 
| [05:54] | Senate’s noon. House votes at 4. Get him in after the Punch and Judy show. | 参院在中午众院下午4点 尽快安排跟他的会面 | 
| [05:58] | The citizens would be comforted knowing how you refer to the economic advisers. | 民众会很高兴 你参与总统的经济顾问会议 | 
| [06:02] | They don’t have to sit in a room with them. | 那是因为他们 不知道内里的苦况 | 
| [06:04] | -Why do you want Thiele? -He’s voting against. | -你为何要见菲利? -他投的反对票 | 
| [06:07] | Confirmation’s gonna be 534 to one. | 确认投票可能会是534对1 | 
| [06:10] | I can see why you wanna squeeze him. | 我可以理解 你会狠狠对付他 | 
| [06:12] | Thiele’s the only no vote. He’s catch-of-the-day. | 菲利是唯一的反对票 他会成为头条新闻 | 
| [06:15] | Gets on every show explaining why Russell’s a lousy choice for VP. | 他会出席各大电视传媒 抹黑罗素作为候选人的名声 | 
| [06:18] | -Which you agree with. -But don’t want anybody saying out loud. | -我以为你不喜欢罗素 -但我也不喜欢有人高声宣扬 | 
| [06:22] | I either turn him or get 10 other guys to vote no. | 要么我说服他改变主意 否则我需要另外10票反对 | 
| [06:24] | -lf I tell you something, try not be so you. -Yeah. What’s going on? | -我有话告诉你但你不要过分反应 -好的怎么了? | 
| [06:28] | I’m taking my aunt and uncle from Wisconsin on a tour of the White House. | 我要带我威斯康星州的 叔叔婶婶参观白宫 | 
| [06:32] | I’d rather not go through cheesehead jokes, which are beneath you. | 希望你不要说一些恶俗的 关于乳酪的笑话 那会让我感到尴尬 | 
| [06:36] | Know what’s the state bird? The Muenster. | 威斯康星的州鸟是什么? 门斯特 (门斯特乳酪跟州鸟名称音近) | 
| [06:38] | State motto? “Live Brie or die. ” It beat “You can have my wheel of cheddar… | 州的口号? “没有乳酪毋宁死” | 
| [06:42] | …when you pry it out of my dead, stinky fingers. “ | “我死的一刻也要带着 我心爱的乳酪入土” | 
| [06:46] | Drag about the unemployment numbers. | 失业率的问题很严峻吧 | 
| [06:48] | You’re gonna be added to them if you don’t get out from behind my desk. | 你会成为失业大军的一员 如果你不离开我的位子 | 
| [06:55] | You have an office. | 你有自己的办公室 | 
| [06:56] | Don’t read my memo. | 别看我的简报 | 
| [06:59] | I can’t learn anything from you if I’m sitting across the street all day. | 像现在这样呆坐 我根本学不到任何东西 | 
| [07:03] | Here’s a lesson: Ask permission before you do stuff. | 这是规矩: 在你做任何事前先得到许可 | 
| [07:05] | -Where you going? -Meeting. | -你去哪里? -开会 | 
| [07:08] | Can I go with you? | 我能一起去吗? | 
| [07:10] | No. | 不可以 | 
| [07:12] | That was good. | 这样就很好 | 
| [07:16] | Oh, I couldn’t agree more. | 我很同意你的话 | 
| [07:18] | Yes, the moment calls for bipartisanship. | 这是两党合作的重要时刻 | 
| [07:21] | I’ll see you in the Rose Garden for the announcement this afternoon. | 下午我们在玫瑰园见面 | 
| [07:25] | Parlous. It’s like I was talking to John C. Calhoun. | 阴险的小人像J.C.卡洪 (美国第七任副总统) | 
| [07:29] | This draft of the Rose Garden thing, it needs more altitude. | 这份玫瑰园公告的草稿 再隆重一点 | 
| [07:33] | -Altitude? -Loftier. | -隆重? -有气势 | 
| [07:34] | If I don’t sound enthused, how do we expect the country to get excited? | 如果我听了都毫无反应 怎能期望人民被打动 | 
| [07:38] | -Yes, sir. -You’re not very excited about him. | -是的 -你对他并不感冒对吧 | 
| [07:41] | Oh, no. I mean, sure. | 不我意思是是的 | 
| [07:42] | -I’m not not excited about him. -What you sounded like then… | -我确实不是太感冒 -你现在说的话就跟 | 
| [07:46] | …is how this reads. | 你的文稿一个样 | 
| [07:47] | -Let’s take the equivocation out of it. -Yes, sir. | -把那些模棱两可的话去掉 -是的 | 
| [07:50] | -Thank you, Mr. President. -Yeah. | -谢谢总统阁下 -是的 | 
| [07:53] | So Will’s working out. | 威尔会搞定 | 
| [07:54] | -Seems to be. -President loved his Zoey speech. | -似乎是 -总统喜欢他写的祖伊的演说辞 | 
| [07:57] | We all did. | 我们都喜欢 | 
| [08:06] | -So I’m gonna start doing other things. -What other things? | -那我着手开始别的事 -什么别的事? | 
| [08:12] | We’re drifting. | 我们有些动摇 | 
| [08:14] | -We’ve had to deal with some stuff. -Which has left us drifting. | -我们还有不少困难要解决 -但士气低落使我们动摇 | 
| [08:17] | -We need to refocus. Get on message. -Okay. | -我们要集中注意力传递正确的讯息 -好的 | 
| [08:19] | -So I’ll start with that. -Good. | -我会处理这事 -好 | 
| [08:21] | -Since Will’s working out. -The president’s not crazy… | -等威尔把事情解决以后 -总统不会为玫瑰园 | 
| [08:24] | …about his Rose Garden draft. | 的讲稿抓狂 | 
| [08:28] | Gentlemen. | 各位 | 
| [08:29] | -Morning, everyone. -Mr. President. | -各位早 -总统先生 | 
| [08:31] | Good morning, sir. | 早安阁下 | 
| [08:35] | What’s the bad news? | 有什么坏消息 | 
| [08:37] | Well, sir, there are some troubling indicators. | 有些不太好的数据 | 
| [08:40] | ISM’s still below 50. Consumer confidence remains low. | 工业及制造业指数低于50 消费者信心指数很低 | 
| [08:43] | That’s hangover from the kidnapping. | 这是绑架带来的后续影响 | 
| [08:45] | -The kidnapping, the bombing… . -Regardless. It’s down. | -绑架轰炸 -别管了反正已经下跌 | 
| [08:49] | -With these unemployment numbers… . -So where are we heading? | -麻烦的是失业率 -我们首先解决哪个问题? | 
| [08:52] | Signs indicate we could be sliding toward… | 数据显示我们有可能面临一次… | 
| [08:56] | …bagel. | 百吉饼(暗指经济萧条) | 
| [08:57] | Larry doesn’t need a vacation. That’s the word we’ve agreed to use… | 拉利不需要说隐语 这是我们私下使用的字眼 | 
| [09:01] | -…to avoid using the R-word. -Recession? | -代替那个不好的词 -衰退? | 
| [09:05] | I need your recommendation for keeping us out of– | 我希望你们提出有效的建议… | 
| [09:08] | I don’t have to call it that, do I? | 我不需要说那个字对吧 | 
| [09:10] | -Of course not. -For keeping us out of a thing. | -当然 -避免我们出现那种情况 | 
| [09:13] | We do nothing. | 我们无能为力 | 
| [09:15] | The tech bubble led to overinvestment. | 科技泡沫导致投资过热 | 
| [09:17] | -This is a normal correction. -We don’t know that. | -这只是正常的市场调节 -我们不确定 | 
| [09:20] | Bubbles burst. That’s why they’re bubbles. | 泡沫会破灭 所以才会被称为泡沫 | 
| [09:22] | Explain that to the 1.2 million people who lost their jobs. | 你可以向失业的 1千2百万人这样解释 | 
| [09:25] | -Phone them. They’re home. -Fed does its thing. | -打电话告诉他们被解雇了 -政府已经尽力而为了 | 
| [09:28] | A reduction of 25 basis points stops the bleeding. | 基本利率下调25个点 有效地遏止了情况恶化 | 
| [09:31] | You can’t. It’ll look like we’re asleep at the switch. | 我们不能在这样的 关键时候束手无策 | 
| [09:34] | -A stimulus package. -Increase the deficit. That’s responsible. | -一些刺激的政策 -这会增加赤字我们对此负有责任 | 
| [09:37] | Something temporary. A one-year increase in the standard deduction. | 一些临时政策 增大本年度的减免税额 | 
| [09:41] | Which helps not at all the bottom 40 percent of wage-earners… | 这对于社会底层那 百分之四十的雇佣劳动者 | 
| [09:45] | …who don’t pay income tax. | 根本毫无用处 (他们不用支付个人所得税) | 
| [09:46] | Stop or I’m gonna start shooting people. Starting with myself. | 我还有一个演讲可能会 首当其冲受到民众的唾骂 | 
| [09:50] | I asked for a recommendation, not a debate. | 我需要的是建议不是争论 | 
| [09:52] | -Wake me when there’s a consensus. -Thank you. | -你们达成统一意见告诉我 -谢谢 | 
| [09:54] | -Thank you, sir. -What’s the matter with you guys? | -谢谢阁下 -你们怎么回事? | 
| [09:57] | The man’s got a Nobel in this. | 他是诺贝尔经济学家 | 
| [09:59] | My other meeting’s here. | 我还有另一个会议 | 
| [10:04] | -Good morning. -Good morning. | -早安 -早安 | 
| [10:06] | Good morning. | 早 | 
| [10:09] | Please. | 请坐 | 
| [10:12] | Thanks for coming. What do we think? | 感谢你们过来情况怎样? | 
| [10:15] | You don’t blow a negotiation of this magnitude over some kid. | 你不应该为了这个孩子的事 为谈判制造障碍 | 
| [10:18] | I don’t care if he plays with his feet. | 我才不在乎他会否用脚弹琴 | 
| [10:20] | -It violates international law. -U.S. law. | -这违反了国际法 -美国法律 | 
| [10:23] | One thing at a time. The negotiations. They for real? | 一个一个来 谈判他们有诚意吗? | 
| [10:27] | And we’re not just talking about another freeze. | 我们不是在讨论又一次 毫无进展的谈判 | 
| [10:29] | Hundreds more sensors installed. | 现在已经安装了数百个传感器 | 
| [10:31] | Inspectors on the ground in Youngdoktong. | 还有武器调查员在 Youngdoktong当地驻留 | 
| [10:34] | They’ve broken agreements. What’s different now? | 他们试过撕毁协议 这次有何不同? | 
| [10:36] | The Chinese. They’re worried that the North’s nuclear program… | 中国方面担心北韩的核武计划 | 
| [10:40] | …will push Japan into finally developing the bomb. | 会加速日本开发核子武器 | 
| [10:43] | The Koreans screw around this time, they piss off the only ally they have left. | 北韩对此很不满 他们与唯一的盟友产生了分歧 | 
| [10:47] | This is serious, they’re gonna blow it over some piano player. | 不是开玩笑他们确实会 因为一个钢琴家撕毁协议 | 
| [10:50] | It’s the most unpredictable regime in the world. | 这是世界上最难以预料的政权 | 
| [10:53] | Walking out on negotiations could be the least they do. | 他们退出谈判已经是 可以预想最好的结果 | 
| [10:56] | They’d shell Seoul over this? | 难道他们会攻击汉城? | 
| [10:58] | You wanna find out? | 你想证明一下? | 
| [11:01] | Swell, but we can’t send him back. | 但我们不能就这样送他回去 | 
| [11:03] | Listen very carefully: It’s against the law. | 认真听着这是违反国际法的 | 
| [11:06] | Title 8 of the lmmigration and Nationality Act… | 移民及国籍法案第八章 | 
| [11:09] | …prohibits sending an alien back… | 禁止遣返有可能遭受政治迫害 | 
| [11:11] | …if he has a well-founded fear of being persecuted. | 愿意寻求我国庇护的他国公民 | 
| [11:14] | Persecuted? He’s the most privileged guy in the entire country. | 迫害? 他可能是北韩 全国最有特权的人之一 | 
| [11:17] | Since the penalty for attempted defection is death, that may just change. | 任何国家对政治叛逃的 惩罚都是死刑这就是迫害 | 
| [11:21] | He’s in jeopardy if the Koreans find out. You gonna tell? | 除非你告诉北韩人 否则没人知道你会说吗? | 
| [11:24] | -Any straws in the wind? -Quiet. | -有什么风吹草动吗 -没有 | 
| [11:26] | This appears locked down for now. My office is monitoring it. | 外界似乎一无所知 我的人正在监控媒体动向 | 
| [11:29] | -This gets out, it’s game over. -This conversation gets out. | -外面一旦知道就全完了 -这次的谈话要保密 | 
| [11:33] | -And we’re comfortable with that? -What’s your point? | -我们对此心安理得? -你想说什么? | 
| [11:37] | Understand, he doesn’t wanna go, he has a right to apply for asylum. | 要知道他不想回去那个国家 他有权利寻求庇护 | 
| [11:40] | Can we get back to the real world? | 我们回来这个现实世界好吗? | 
| [11:43] | North Koreans are peddling missile technology all over the Middle East. | 北韩向中东国家出售导弹技术 | 
| [11:46] | And sensors on the border have picked up elevated levels of krypton 85. | 我们在边界的感应器 搜集到高浓度的氪85 | 
| [11:50] | They are making plutonium. They can get it onto warheads. | 他们正在制造钚 而且他们正将之应用到武器上 | 
| [11:53] | Their best customers are the people who hate us. | 这些武器的买家都是我们的敌人 | 
| [11:56] | -Why are we talking about this? -How we can get past the legal issues? | -我们说这些干什么? -我们怎样能避免法律问题? | 
| [11:59] | I don’t see how you can send him back to the bleakest place left… | 我不理解你怎能 将他送回那个破地方 | 
| [12:03] | …after he tells you he doesn’t wanna go. | 在他表明意愿以后 | 
| [12:05] | It’s not that bleak. The DMZ is beautiful. | 那里不是破地方 至少非军事区不是 | 
| [12:08] | It’s like a nature preserve. | 那里就像自然保护区 | 
| [12:09] | Endangered blackfaced spoonbills, Amur leopards. | 濒临绝种的黑脸篦鹭 还有黑龙江野豹 | 
| [12:13] | -What’s your point? -I know more about this than you. | -你什么意思? -我对那里比你了解得多 | 
| [12:16] | The legal issues. | 法律问题 | 
| [12:17] | The guy doesn’t know his rights. It’s a nonproblem. | 那个人不知道自己的权利 所以不会引起争议 | 
| [12:20] | What’s a big problem is if he tells anyone else. | 最大的问题是他一旦告知别人 | 
| [12:24] | -Where is he now? -Sightseeing. | -他在哪里? -观光 | 
| [12:26] | He’ll be back at 2:30. | 2:30会回来 | 
| [12:28] | Don’t let him back in. | 别让他回到白宫 | 
| [12:30] | Well, the good news is his handlers don’t let him out of their sight. | 好消息是他的负责人 根本不打算让他离开视线之外 | 
| [12:35] | It’s like they’re working for us. | 这似乎帮了我们一个大忙 | 
| [12:37] | Our very own totalitarian helpmates. | 和我们内部的极权分子同一阵线 | 
| [12:40] | Excuse me a minute. | 失陪一下 | 
| [12:45] | C.J.? C.J.? | |
| [12:56] | -What are you doing? -Don’t let him back in? | -你怎么回事? -别让他回来? | 
| [12:58] | -We look from every angle. -The president’s not sending him back. | -我们只是从多个角度去考虑 -总统并不打算送他回去 | 
| [13:02] | My job is to present him with options. | 我的职责是为他提出选择 | 
| [13:04] | Your job, at the moment, is to butt out. | 而你的职责 就是在合适的时候闭嘴 | 
| [13:07] | We’ve certainly come a long way from “give me your tired, your poor. “ | 我们一直都秉持信念 “让我们分享你的苦难和贫穷” | 
| [13:11] | If we don’t allow this defection, if we blithely exploit… | 如果不同意这次政治庇护 利用这个孩子对自己权利的无知 | 
| [13:14] | …this young man’s ignorance, then I don’t know who we are anymore. | 我真不知道过后如何自处 | 
| [13:38] | The VP intro needs to go on the prompter by 2. How you doing? | 副总统的介绍文稿要2点前搞定 现在情况怎样? | 
| [13:42] | -I have altitude sickness. -I’m sorry? | -我没法隆重其事 -什么? | 
| [13:44] | The president wants altitude. I’m having conscience issues. | 总统希望更隆重和热情 但这违背我内心的价值观 | 
| [13:47] | You’ve had to say things you haven’t meant before. Read friends’ poetry… | 你以前也写过你不曾想及的题材 为朋友写的发言 | 
| [13:51] | -…had girlfriends. -I could use help. | -或者女友的情书 -那不一样 | 
| [13:54] | -Hold your nose and hype him. -The president hated this. | -隐藏你的良心吹捧他的好处 -总统讨厌这文稿 | 
| [13:57] | My self-confidence is down around my ankles. | 我的自信丧失殆尽 | 
| [13:59] | Well, hitch it up and start typing. Come on. | 振作点开始写你的东西快 | 
| [14:03] | -You’re really not gonna help me? -I have things to do. | -你不打算帮我? -我有别的事要做 | 
| [14:08] | -Lyle. -This being his first visit… | -赖尔 -这是他的首次来访 | 
| [14:10] | …can you share Jai Yung Ahn’s impressions of America? | 你能否分享一下安载容 对美国的印象? | 
| [14:13] | You’d need to ask him. His impression of our buffet table seemed favorable. | 这你要问他他似乎对 我们的自助餐比较有兴趣 | 
| [14:17] | -Katie. -Is there concern this cultural exchange… | -凯蒂 -这样的文化交流是否表示 | 
| [14:20] | …confers legitimacy on the North Korean regime? | 美国意图与平壤政府关系正常化? | 
| [14:23] | It’s hoped exchanges help bring light to such places… | 希望这样的交流能为 那个地方带来些许新鲜空气 | 
| [14:25] | …nudging them toward more open policies. | 并促使他们政治更加开明 | 
| [14:28] | Is he free to go where he pleases? | 他的参观行动是否自由? | 
| [14:30] | His mother didn’t want him hitting clubs… | 他的母亲可能 不甚喜欢他流连夜店 | 
| [14:32] | …but, as far as I know, he’s seeing the sights even as we speak. | 但据我所知他现在 正在参观华府当地名胜 | 
| [14:36] | Moving to the economy, do today’s unemployment figures indicate recession? | 回到经济问题目前的失业数据 是否预示又一次经济衰退? | 
| [14:40] | Recession means two consecutive quarters of negative growth. | 衰退指的是连续出现两次大的负增长 | 
| [14:43] | That’s not the situation. | 这不符合当前的状况 | 
| [14:45] | How would you characterize the economy, then? | 政府认为目前的经济状况如何? | 
| [14:47] | -I wouldn’t. -lf not recession… | -我不能回答 -如果不是衰退 | 
| [14:49] | …what word would the administration use? Slowdown, downturn, torpor? | 管理部门会怎样措词 减速? 低迷或者迟缓? | 
| [14:53] | -Torpor. -It means… . | -迟缓 -这代表… | 
| [14:55] | I know what it means. I’m feeling a little coming on now. | 我当然知道这代表什么 只是这似乎言之过早 | 
| [15:01] | -Yeah. -Can’t ditch the kid. | -嗯 -不能炒掉那个孩子 | 
| [15:03] | -Leo. -Can’t do it, Josh. | -里奥 -不能这样做 | 
| [15:04] | I don’t need his old man on my call sheet. | 我不想他老爸找我麻烦 | 
| [15:08] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [15:12] | Our poll numbers are down. | 民调下降了 | 
| [15:15] | -What poll? -An internal. | -什么民调? -国内民意 | 
| [15:16] | His approval rating, down 11 points. | 他的满意程度下降了11个点 | 
| [15:20] | Was it high from the kidnapping? | 是从绑架的高峰开始回落? | 
| [15:22] | -Yeah. -We knew it wasn’t gonna stay up there. | -是的 -我们都知道迟早会下降的 | 
| [15:25] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [15:27] | -Where are we on Thiele? -He’s coming over. | -菲利情况怎样 -在路上 | 
| [15:29] | He votes against, it’ll be all Thiele, all the time. | 如果他投反对票 会马上成为媒体焦点 | 
| [15:37] | -Is something going on? -Get us Thiele. | -究竟怎么回事? -马上找到菲利 | 
| [15:45] | Josh. | 乔西 | 
| [15:47] | -My Aunt Barbara and Uncle Ted. -Hi. Good to meet you both. | -我的芭芭拉阿姨和泰德叔叔 -很高兴见到两位 | 
| [15:50] | -Welcome. -Any chance of getting them in tonight? | -欢迎 -今晚可以邀请他们去听音乐会吗 | 
| [15:54] | Sorry. There are senators on the waiting list. | 抱歉连参议员都无法被邀出席 | 
| [15:58] | Mostly Republicans. | 主要是那些共和党人 | 
| [16:02] | You’re Republicans. | 你们是共和党… | 
| [16:04] | There’s a rehearsal I can get you into… | 或许下午的彩排 我可以安排你们进去 | 
| [16:07] | -…this afternoon. -Wonderful. | -看看 -太好了 | 
| [16:09] | Donna tells us you were meeting with economic advisers? | 唐娜告诉我们 你正在和经济顾问开会? | 
| [16:12] | Not so much meeting as fighting off slipping into a coma. | 与其说是会议 不如说是互相争斗更贴切 | 
| [16:15] | -Pretty dense. -They never agree. | -好像很复杂 -他们从不懂得赞同 | 
| [16:17] | Yet no one is remotely afflicted by doubt. | 而且十分固执地坚持自己的意见 | 
| [16:21] | Like with diets. There’s all these diet theories, all completely contradictory. | 就像节食一样大多节食的理论 都是彼此矛盾的 | 
| [16:25] | Most doctors agree the healthiest advice… | 医生也都同意最健康的做法 | 
| [16:27] | …is just to eat a variety of food in moderate amounts. | 可能是每种食物都适量吃上一点 | 
| [16:31] | Maybe that’s the approach to take with economists. | 也许这也是解决经济问题的好办法 | 
| [16:34] | -Take from every theory in moderation. -Yeah. | -适量的集百家之长短 -是的 | 
| [16:38] | Interesting. | 很有趣 | 
| [16:41] | -So, Ted, what is it that you do? -I’m a sales rep for a dairy consortium. | -泰德你是做什么的? -我是一个奶业集团的销售代表 | 
| [16:46] | -You mean cheese? -Absolutely. | -你是说奶酪吗 -当然 | 
| [16:51] | Well, enjoy your tour. | 好的参观愉快 | 
| [16:54] | Have fun. | 玩得高兴 | 
| [17:05] | Did you know North Korea’s the only country… | 你知道北韩是世界上唯一一个 | 
| [17:07] | …where it’s impossible to access the Internet? | 不能连上互联网的国家? (事实上这是错误的) | 
| [17:10] | All TVs and radios are preset before they’re sold… | 所有电视和收音机在出售前 都被设定 | 
| [17:12] | …so they receive only state-controlled stations? | 只能接收指定频率的国家节目? | 
| [17:15] | It’s a bad place. | 是一个可怕的地方 | 
| [17:17] | Imagine what it must be like to live in a society… | 试问有哪个音乐家愿意生活在 | 
| [17:19] | …so completely regimented, where the only music allowed glorifies the state. | 一个被强制规定只能弹奏 歌颂国家的乐曲的地方? | 
| [17:24] | It’s amazing he’d wanna go back. | 他想回去才怪 | 
| [17:34] | C.J.? C.J.? | |
| [17:41] | We’re controlling media access to Jai Yung Ahn? | 不会有媒体可以私自接近安载容吧? | 
| [17:44] | Pool spray at the sound check, if he’s still doing one. | 彩排的时候有媒体见面 如果还有彩排的话 | 
| [17:47] | -No questions. -They understand… | -不能提问 -他们明白的… | 
| [17:49] | …the Koreans won’t allow it. | 北韩那边也不会允许 | 
| [17:51] | So he’s being allowed back in the building. | 那他现在可以回来白宫? | 
| [17:54] | Leo tells me you have a strong view on this. | 里奥告诉我 你对此有强烈的反应 | 
| [17:56] | Yes. For one thing, sending him back would seem to be illegal. | 首先送他回去是违法的 | 
| [17:59] | Our hand’s not forced unless he tells anyone. | 这不会发生 除非他告诉别人 | 
| [18:02] | He’s told us. | 他告诉了我们 | 
| [18:03] | He’s asked the president for asylum. | 他要求政治庇护 | 
| [18:05] | He’d have been better off asking some cab driver? | 难道他应该请求一个出租车司机? | 
| [18:08] | You know the rationale. | 你知道事情没那么简单 | 
| [18:10] | So the Iranians don’t wake up and decide, “It’s a good day to nuke Israel. “ | 所以伊朗人才不会一觉醒来就决定 今天是用核武攻击以色列的好日子 | 
| [18:14] | Seven North Korean nuclear scientists defected through China last year. | 七个北韩核武专家去年 在中国寻求政治庇护 | 
| [18:18] | We helped pay for it. Are we saying if he were more valuable, we’d accept him? | 我们也曾协助这事是不是如果 他更重要我们才会考虑接受他? | 
| [18:22] | Is that such an unreasonable distinction? | 这样的比较是没有道理的 | 
| [18:25] | This isn’t your real argument. | 这不是你真正的观点 | 
| [18:28] | Sending him back will play as a disaster if it gets out. | 如果被外界知道我们送他回去 这就是一场政治灾难 | 
| [18:30] | That’s not your real argument either. | 这也不是你真正的观点 | 
| [18:34] | No, sir, it’s not. | 确实不是 | 
| [18:36] | This young man’s asking for freedom. | 这个年轻人只是渴望自由 | 
| [18:39] | It’s what this country was built on. | 这也是这个国家的价值观 | 
| [18:41] | Everyone’s from somewhere else. Someplace less free. | 包容那些来自别的国家 没有享受过自由的人们 | 
| [18:48] | That’s my argument. | 这是我的观点 | 
| [18:55] | -Thank you. -Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢 -谢谢总统阁下 | 
| [18:57] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢阁下 | 
| [19:17] | -We have a meeting. -Outstanding. | -我们有一个会议 -棘手的 | 
| [19:21] | Okay, you can’t say things like “outstanding” during it. | 你不能在会议的时候 说这样的话 | 
| [19:25] | I was pretty sure you didn’t want me saying anything at all. | 你肯定希望我什么也不说 | 
| [19:29] | We’re meeting with…? | 我们跟谁开会? | 
| [19:31] | Congressman Thiele, Democrat from Rhode Island. | 菲利议员 罗德岛民主党人 | 
| [19:34] | -He interned for my uncle. -Of course he did. | -他是我叔叔的实习生 -当然 | 
| [19:36] | He’s voting against Russell. I have to whip him into shape. Watch and learn. | 他要投罗素的反对票 我要好好教训他学着点 | 
| [19:47] | Yeah. | 进来 | 
| [19:49] | Will’s fixing the VP intro. | 威尔在写副总统的介绍词 | 
| [19:51] | Good, since that would be his job. | 好这是他的工作 | 
| [19:54] | I’m not sure I was clear before. | 我想之前我说得不够清楚 | 
| [19:56] | We need to get back our focus. Work up a message calendar… | 我们需要找到工作的重点 并重新制定日程计划 | 
| [20:00] | -…like in the campaigns. -Long term. | -就像竞选时一样 -长期目标 | 
| [20:03] | I’m talking about something else. Not articulating the message. Shaping it. | 我在说别的一些东西 不仅仅小修小补我想重头来 | 
| [20:07] | -You do shape it. -I mean full-time. | -我以为你正在做 -我想要全身心投入 | 
| [20:09] | -You have responsibilities. -That I can turn over. | -但你有你的职责 -我可以交给别人 | 
| [20:13] | To Will? | 给威尔? | 
| [20:21] | We should discuss it. | 我们以后再讨论 | 
| [20:25] | Not today. | 今天不行 | 
| [20:31] | -Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. -Yeah. | -明日复明日 -是的 | 
| [20:40] | We are drifting. | 我们在动摇 | 
| [20:43] | This doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不过去 | 
| [20:46] | I don’t like the guy. I’m voting against him. What doesn’t make sense? | 我不喜欢这家伙我投反对票 这有何不妥? | 
| [20:50] | You’re embarrassing the president. | 你让总统难堪 | 
| [20:54] | He’s got a margin of 533 votes. He must have a low threshold of embarrassment. | 他有533票赞成我的反对票 只是一个小小的不同的意见 | 
| [20:58] | It’s grandstanding. It’s a way to get in the paper… | 这是为了出名你可以借此登上 | 
| [21:01] | …only it’s gonna make you look eccentric. | 各大报纸头条让你显得更另类 | 
| [21:04] | -Like some kind of goofball crank. -I beg your pardon? | -就像那些裸奔的怪人 -你说什么? | 
| [21:06] | -You’re embarrassing yourself. -Look– | -你在让自己难堪 -听着 | 
| [21:09] | You want his backing for anything you wanna accomplish this term… | 如果你希望得到他背后势力的支持 希望我们可以完成这个任期 | 
| [21:13] | …as opposed to pulling publicity stunts… | 而不是选择这样的方式公开作秀 | 
| [21:16] | …you’ll swallow what petty animus you bear toward the guy… | 你必须忍受你对这个人的厌恶 | 
| [21:19] | …about to be number two in your party… | 因为他马上要成为政党的2号人物 | 
| [21:21] | …and you will give your president what he wants, a unanimous confirmation. | 你应该和总统步调一致 让他得到一个全部通过的确认投票 | 
| [21:26] | My petty animus is that Russell’s not good enough. | 我不能忍受的是罗素不够出色 | 
| [21:29] | Which is what you’ve been saying to each other since his name was announced. | 这也是你们在提名公布之日起 不断对外声称的 | 
| [21:34] | Think I don’t know how you got rolled on Berryhill? | 你以为我不知道 贝利希尔才是你们的心头好? | 
| [21:36] | Or forced to settle for this party hack? | 因为政党利益而被迫丢车保帅? | 
| [21:39] | You’ve put someone second-rate next to a president with a serious health problem. | 你们把一个二流人物放在一个 随时因健康问题垮掉的总统身边 | 
| [21:43] | You wanna talk about embarrassment? Be embarrassed about that. | 你想讨论难堪的问题? 没有比这更难堪的了 | 
| [21:59] | The North Koreans have canceled the pool spray at the sound check. | 北韩那边取消了彩排的媒体见面 | 
| [22:03] | -Okay. -He doesn’t like people around… | -好的 -他不喜欢有太多闲人 | 
| [22:05] | …when he’s rehearsing. | 在彩排试音的时候 | 
| [22:07] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [22:10] | Talk to Thiele? | 跟菲利谈过了? | 
| [22:11] | Yeah. I’m gonna need a plan B. | 是的要另想办法应付 | 
| [22:18] | The VP intro is finished? | 副总统的介绍词写好了? | 
| [22:21] | -Will’s doing last touches. -Help him out, will you? | -威尔在做最后修改 -帮帮他好吗 | 
| [22:23] | -He’s got it. -He was having trouble. | -他会搞定的 -他现在有点小麻烦 | 
| [22:25] | Look it over, punch it up. | 帮帮他拉他一把 | 
| [22:28] | -Yes, sir. -Sir, something happened at the briefing. | -好的 -今天简报我遇到点麻烦 | 
| [22:30] | I got questions about the economy, and I felt like I was tap-dancing. | 那些关于经济的问题 我应付得手忙脚乱 | 
| [22:34] | -Saw it. I thought you were fine. -Deft. Extremely deft. | -我看过觉得没什么问题啊 -应付得游刃有余 | 
| [22:38] | I appreciate your attempt to compliment me out of my point. | 我感谢各位盲目的恭维我的才能 | 
| [22:41] | I feel self-conscious about our lack of vocabulary to describe the economy. | 对于经济我感到无法用 合适的字眼去描述 | 
| [22:45] | She get the bagel memo? | 她不知道那个百吉饼代称? | 
| [22:47] | Argue the president’s responsibility to do it. | 争论总统对经济下滑的责任 | 
| [22:49] | Setting a positive tone helps bring about positive results. | 只要发言是积极的 通常会带来积极的结果 | 
| [22:52] | I don’t wanna don a shroud. I just think the Pollyanna act’s not wearing well. | 我不是不想粉饰太平 但这样的把戏不是常常管用的 | 
| [22:56] | I’m worried that avoidance starts to look like maybe we just haven’t noticed. | 我担心有些问题确实被我们忽略了 | 
| [23:00] | We appear out of touch. Like presidents who don’t know the price of milk. | 举个例子有人问及 总统是否知道市面牛奶的价格 | 
| [23:08] | -Sir, do you know the price of milk? -Not precisely. | -阁下你知道牛奶的价格吗 -不是很清楚 | 
| [23:11] | Neither do I. Do any of us? | 我也不知道有人知道吗? | 
| [23:15] | Okay. Let’s get on coming up with a language plan… | 我们要赶紧寻找 一些更实际的词汇 | 
| [23:18] | …for talking more realistically about the economy. | 去回答人们对经济的质询 | 
| [23:21] | That session this morning with the advisers. | 今早和经济顾问的会议 | 
| [23:24] | Everybody’s got a magic lever they want you to push. | 每个人都希望你采纳他 那起死回生的建议 | 
| [23:27] | I’ve studied economics all my life, but in this job, only a fool is ever certain. | 我学了一辈子的经济 我知道最好的办法 | 
| [23:31] | You don’t push any one lever. You wanna push a little on them all. | 不是采纳其中一个建议 而是所有的建议都用一点 | 
| [23:35] | -From every theory in moderation. -Exactly. | -适量的集百家之长短 -正是 | 
| [23:39] | -Thank you. -Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢 -谢谢总统阁下 | 
| [23:41] | C.J. C.J. | |
| [23:47] | These negotiations are the real thing. | 那些谈判是更实在的东西 | 
| [23:50] | I can’t allow this defection. I know you disagree, but that’s my decision. | 我不能接受他的庇护请求 我知道你不同意但这是我的决定 | 
| [23:54] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢总统阁下 | 
| [23:55] | It’s not that I disagree, sir. I’m disappointed. | 我不是不同意 我只是感到很失望 | 
| [24:07] | We’ll get someone from State to tell the kid. | 我从办公室叫人去通知他 | 
| [24:10] | No. I’ll do it. | 不我亲自来 | 
| [24:12] | -Sir– -It’s my call. I tell him. | -长官 -我下的命令我告诉他 | 
| [24:18] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧? | 
| [24:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [24:25] | -Hey. -Hello. | -嘿 -你好 | 
| [24:33] | Got my ass kicked a little bit ago by Thiele. | 一小时前被菲利搞得很狼狈 | 
| [24:37] | -The Russell vote? -Yeah. | -罗素的投票? -是的 | 
| [24:39] | It was in front of Richie Rich. | 还在那小子面前 | 
| [24:41] | The Pierce kid? | 叫皮雅斯那小子? | 
| [24:44] | Thiele’s gonna be everywhere. | 菲利会成为新闻人物 | 
| [24:45] | The republic will stand. | 这也无伤大雅 | 
| [24:48] | I’m gonna do damage control. I’m gonna leak it that Thiele wanted it. | 我要评估影响或者我可以 让事情看起来像是菲利觊觎那位置 | 
| [24:53] | -The vice presidency? -Yeah. Make it just look like pique. | -副总统? -是的显得他野心勃勃 | 
| [24:56] | A congressman from the smallest state expecting to be named VP. | 一个来自小地方的议员 觊觎副总统的位置? | 
| [24:59] | -He’s really gonna seem like a crackpot. -God. | -他很快就要扮演一个疯汉的角色 -天 | 
| [25:03] | Don’t ever get mad at me. | 你可千万不要生我的气 | 
| [25:05] | -I’ve gotten mad at you. -Why it’s better when we don’t talk. | -我以前有生气 -不争吵的时候我们相处蛮好的 | 
| [25:09] | Come by tonight. We can not talk some more. | 今晚陪我吧 音乐会上我们也没机会争吵 | 
| [25:22] | -“It’s with abundant pleasure and pride–” -Surpassing. | -内心充斥自豪感和荣耀 -“充溢”好点 | 
| [25:25] | More altitude. | 更隆重 | 
| [25:28] | The prompter guys needed the disk a half an hour ago. | 工作人员一个半小时前 就在催要介绍文 | 
| [25:31] | Go away. | 走开 | 
| [25:33] | “It’s with surpassing pleasure and pride… . | “内心充溢自豪感和荣耀” | 
| [25:36] | Robert Russell… . | 罗拨罗素 | 
| [25:38] | Confirmed by overwhelming vote, as befits this distinguished choice. “ | “以压倒性的姿态 当选这个众人瞩目的位置” | 
| [25:42] | -“Distinguished. ” -Wanna use “surpassing” again? | -“众人瞩目” -又不够隆重? | 
| [25:44] | Eminent, illustrious. | 举足轻重任重道远 | 
| [25:47] | -He’s none of those things. -This is my problem. | -我知道他不具备这样的能力 -这是我的问题 | 
| [25:49] | Nor is he laudable or someone you’d walk across the room to shake hands with. | 他也不是一个值得赞美 和你愿意与之共事的人物 | 
| [25:54] | And the president wants altitude. | 但总统要我们隆重地撰文介绍 | 
| [25:56] | “As befits this vertiginous choice… . “ | “当选这个任事艰难的位置…” | 
| [26:01] | “Distinguished” is as high as we go. You’d have to be high to go loftier. | 众人瞩目是形容我们的 他还不配这么隆重 | 
| [26:06] | Here’s what it should be: | 应该这样写: | 
| [26:10] | In a triumph of the middling, a nod to mediocrity, and with gorge rising… | 作为对党派政争媾和的妥协 和对平庸之人的理解包容 | 
| [26:15] | …it gives me great nausea to announce Robert Russell… | 我们迫于无奈地提名罗拨 罗素 | 
| [26:18] | …Bingo Bob himself, as your new vice president. | 以一种赌博的姿态 作为我们新任的副总统 | 
| [26:22] | This lapdog of mining interests is as dull as he is unremarkable. | 这个采矿财团支持的傀儡 像大家已知的一样懦弱无能 | 
| [26:26] | -As lackluster as he is soporific. -Good. | -而且沉闷缺乏激情 -好 | 
| [26:28] | -This reversion to the mean… -This rebuke to the exemplary… . | -这个倒行逆施的做法 -这个严重打击优秀人才的做法 | 
| [26:32] | …gives hope to millions unfavored by the exceptional. | 让更多渴望出名的 跳梁小丑看到了希望 | 
| [26:35] | The vice presidency, being famously described… | 副总统的位置曾被形容为 | 
| [26:37] | …as not being worth a warm bucket of spit… | 比鸡肋还鸡肋 | 
| [26:39] | …let’s now hock a big loogie for Bob Russell. | 让我们施舍一块鸡肋 给罗拨 罗素吧 | 
| [26:43] | Not the worst, not the best… | 不是最坏的但绝称不上最好 | 
| [26:45] | …just what we’re stuck with. | 这就是我们无奈的选择 | 
| [26:49] | Amen. | 阿门 | 
| [26:55] | -Where were we? -Let me get back to it. | -说到哪里了? -我们要认真一点 | 
| [26:58] | -“This distinguished choice. ” -“Redoubtable choice. “ | -这个众人瞩目的位置 -不容置疑的选择 | 
| [27:01] | Nobody knows what it means. | 没人知道那到底什么意思 | 
| [27:17] | Ryan Pierce. Is Congressman Thiele in, please? | 赖恩 皮雅斯 请问菲利议员在吗 | 
| [27:43] | I love this Chopin. | 我喜欢肖邦 | 
| [27:45] | Fooled with it myself, but could never get the fingering down. | 我很喜欢听但没法弹奏出来 | 
| [27:48] | The White House photographer’s gonna get some shots of them. | 白宫摄影师很快会进来拍些照片 | 
| [27:57] | Excuse me, Leo. | 抱歉里奥 | 
| [27:59] | We in the way? You mind a minute? Please. | 我们挡住了? 打扰你几分钟好吗 | 
| [28:05] | So how’s your day been? | 今天过得怎样? | 
| [28:10] | I’m sorry to say I cannot let you defect. | 很抱歉 我不能同意庇护你 | 
| [28:14] | Do you understand me? | 你明白吗 | 
| [28:16] | You have to keep playing. | 你要继续弹不要停 | 
| [28:27] | There’s an important nuclear agreement being worked out. | 有个重要的核武谈判正在进行 | 
| [28:31] | Do you understand my English? | 你能听懂我的英语吗 | 
| [28:41] | I try to stay… | 我想留下… | 
| [28:46] | -…you arrest me? -No. | -你可以逮捕我? -不能 | 
| [28:54] | You give me back to them. | 你要把我送回去 | 
| [28:58] | No. | 不是的 | 
| [29:02] | Freedom means choice. | 自由是一个抉择 | 
| [29:05] | You must decide which is the most responsible course. | 你必须考虑怎样的决定 才是最负责任的做法 | 
| [29:11] | You know Korean word, han? | 你知道韩文里一个词”han”? | 
| [29:16] | No. | 不 | 
| [29:21] | I could practice the fingering for the rest of my life… | 或者我退休以后可以再练练钢琴 | 
| [29:24] | …I’d never be able to play it like that. | 当然我永远不可能弹得这样好 | 
| [29:29] | It is this… . | 像这样… | 
| [30:06] | Mr. President, I think we have to cancel the concert. | 总统先生我想我们应该取消音乐会 | 
| [30:10] | -No. -You don’t know if he understood you. | -不可以 -你不知道他是否明白你 | 
| [30:13] | His English is better than he lets on. | 他的英语比说的好 | 
| [30:16] | You don’t know if he understood your English, much less your meaning. | 即使他明白也不一定懂你的意思 | 
| [30:19] | You’re persuasive, but it helps talking to someone who speaks the language. | 我知道你在劝说他 但对不懂英语的他而言是没用的 | 
| [30:24] | We’re not canceling the concert. | 我们不会取消音乐会 | 
| [30:26] | Sir, you’re not positive if he got it or not? | 先生你根本不肯定 他是否明白你的意思? | 
| [30:30] | -No. -You need to come down with some flu. | -是的 -你要以生病为借口 | 
| [30:33] | -Leo– -Otherwise… | -里奥 -否则… | 
| [30:35] | …we’re putting the fate of what is the most significant agreement… | 我们把一次意义重大的谈判 赌在运气之上 | 
| [30:39] | …of this presidency in the hands of a 23-year-old… | 还有我们余下的任期 | 
| [30:41] | …who may have only understood every fifth word. | 就因为一个不懂英文的毛头小子 | 
| [30:44] | We cancel the concert, it’s a red flag. | 取消音乐会会影响很大 | 
| [30:48] | I told him freedom means choice. | 我告诉他自由就是一个抉择 | 
| [30:51] | My choice is to trust in his decision. | 我愿意相信他的决定 | 
| [30:58] | Get things ready in case it goes the other way. | 以防万一把所有东西准备好 | 
| [31:00] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢总统阁下 | 
| [31:11] | -It’s a crapshoot. -The negotiations are a crapshoot. | -这是赌博 -谈判本来就是赌博 | 
| [31:16] | Whole damn job’s a crapshoot. | 我们那该死的任期也是赌博 | 
| [31:25] | -Tewes. -Aye. | -杜斯 -赞成 | 
| [31:29] | Thayer. | 费勒 | 
| [31:31] | Aye. | 赞成 | 
| [31:34] | -Thibodeaux. -Aye. | 费比特士 赞成 | 
| [31:38] | Thiele. | 菲利 | 
| [31:41] | Aye. | 赞成 | 
| [31:44] | Valence. | 华伦斯 | 
| [31:47] | Aye. | 赞成 | 
| [31:50] | Horton. | 荷顿 | 
| [31:52] | Josh, Dory Macklin from The Post returning your call. | 乔西邮报的多莉回你电话了 | 
| [31:55] | Yeah. Tell her never mind. | 告诉她没事了 | 
| [32:09] | -Nice work on Thiele. -Yeah. | -菲利的事做得好 -是的 | 
| [32:12] | -How’d you get him to turn? -I don’t know, exactly. | -你怎样使他改变主意的? -我也不知道 | 
| [32:14] | Margaret, I’m gonna need State again. | 玛格勒等会给我接国务院 | 
| [32:19] | -We have a vice president. -About time. | -我们有了一位副总统 -只是时间问题 | 
| [32:22] | I may actually sleep tonight. | 今晚可以睡安稳觉 | 
| [32:23] | -Probably not. -Probably not. | -也许还不能 -还有麻烦 | 
| [32:25] | -See you in the Rose Garden. -Okay. | -玫瑰园见 -好的 | 
| [32:28] | Good afternoon. I wanna welcome you all. | 下午好欢迎各位 | 
| [32:31] | It’s with surpassing pleasure and pride that I announce that Congress… | 我内心充溢自豪和荣耀地宣布 | 
| [32:36] | …just a short time ago, voted to confirm Robert Russell… | 众院刚才全票通过 罗拨 罗素的确认投票 | 
| [32:40] | …as the new vice president of these United States. | 而他将会成为我国新任副总统 | 
| [32:43] | Confirmed by unanimous vote, as befits this redoubtable choice. | 这是不容置疑的选择 当选这个众人瞩目的位置 | 
| [32:47] | In a triumph of… . | 作为妥协… | 
| [32:53] | In a triumph of the meritorious… | 作为妥协和必须承认的一点 | 
| [32:55] | …Bob Russell is someone I know… | 罗素参议员是我十分信赖 | 
| [32:58] | …trust and immeasurably respect… | 和尊重前途无量的一位政治家 | 
| [33:00] | …over the past five years of working together… | 在过去五年的共事当中 得到大家的承认 | 
| [33:02] | …as have all of us here at the White House. | 白宫上下工作人员也同感欣悦 | 
| [33:05] | His estimable legislative record is but one facet… | 他在立法机关出色的履历不能尽述 | 
| [33:10] | …of his laudable public service to his country. | 其为国家公共事业做出的贡献 | 
| [33:13] | Service that now ascends to an even loftier level… | 我们期待他在新的位置上 | 
| [33:15] | …as he assumes his new responsibilities as vice president. | 作为副总统更好地为人民服务 | 
| [33:19] | Mr. Robert Russell. | 有请罗拨 罗素 | 
| [33:25] | -I’m gonna get fired. -Nobody’s getting fired. | -我会被解雇的 -没人会被解雇 | 
| [33:27] | I’m the new guy. I’ll be an example. | 我是一个新人我会被拿来开刀 | 
| [33:29] | -They’ll put my head on a pike. -You’re working out. Leo agrees. | -我的头会被挂在白宫的旗杆上 -你做得很好里奥也说了 | 
| [33:32] | You’re not gonna get fired. | 你不会被解雇的 | 
| [33:41] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 | 
| [33:47] | -Mr. Vice President. Please accept– -I’d like a copy. | -副总统先生请接受… -我要一个复本 | 
| [33:51] | -There are none. We’ve shredded. -Wiped hard drives. | -没有我们用了碎纸机 -格式化了硬盘 | 
| [33:54] | We’re putting out our own eyes. | 我们会很快将之从大脑中抹去 | 
| [33:56] | Find one. Send it to my office. | 找到一个复本送去我办公室 | 
| [33:58] | I thought it was hilarious. | 我想这会很有趣 | 
| [34:02] | -Hilarious, sir? -I know my public profile, my persona. | -有趣? -我知道自己的履历和公众形象 | 
| [34:05] | I’m glad there’s such a keen awareness of the job you’ve all got ahead of you. | 我很高兴你们对我的 印象如此深刻和清晰 | 
| [34:09] | I’m part of the team now, which makes all this your problem. | 现在我们坐在一条船上 这会是你们的大问题 | 
| [34:13] | Good luck with it. | 祝你们好运 | 
| [34:18] | Sometimes it happens that way. | 意外常会发生 | 
| [34:20] | Delayed reaction. Obviously, my little talk stayed with the good congressman. | 只是迟了一点 但很明显我的话是有效果的 | 
| [34:25] | -Yeah. -That’s the reason you hammer hard. | -是的 -这就是教训他的结果 | 
| [34:28] | It’s all they understand. | 才能让他们明白 | 
| [34:30] | That’s not my personality. I’m more of a “get more bees with honey” type. | 这不是我的风格 我比较倾向于用利诱的方式 | 
| [34:33] | -You’ll learn. -Hey. | -你学着点 -嘿 | 
| [34:36] | Hey. | 嘿 | 
| [34:39] | So, what’s the deal there? | 这又怎么回事? | 
| [34:41] | Boyfriend-girlfriend? Friends with privileges? | 男女朋友? 还是情人知己? | 
| [34:45] | What? | 什么? | 
| [34:46] | Something’s going on. | 很明显有点东西 | 
| [34:52] | You like Chopin, Charlie? | 喜欢肖邦吗查理? | 
| [34:54] | Am I gonna get the life history of the guy and a shopping list? | 如果我说没听说过这个人 你是否打算长篇大论地介绍? | 
| [34:57] | -You’ll thank me. -I thank you now. Could you hold off? | -你会后悔的 -我很感激但不是现在 | 
| [35:00] | I’m still working through the 14 disks of Bach you made me buy. | 我现在桌面还放着 你叫我买的14张巴赫唱片 | 
| [35:04] | -The Well-Tempered Clavier? -Both books. | -均衡柔性指法? -全是书本 | 
| [35:07] | -You know what that means. -You told me. | -你懂我意思 -你说过 | 
| [35:09] | Good. Listen… | 好听着… | 
| [35:12] | …I need you to research something for me. | 我想你帮我调查一点东西 | 
| [35:15] | Could you find out the price of a gallon of milk? | 我想知道1加仑的牛奶多少钱 | 
| [35:18] | Two dollars and 69 cents. | 2.69美元 | 
| [35:19] | Two eighty-nine in Georgetown, and 2.54 with a coupon from the paper. | 2.69美元在乔治城 如果你有优惠券是2.54美元 | 
| [35:26] | Will you make sure everybody knows that tomorrow? | 你可以让所有人都知道这个吗? | 
| [35:47] | Thank you for earlier. | 之前谢谢了 | 
| [35:49] | You were absolutely right. They were perfectly nice. | 你说得很对 他们都是很好的人 | 
| [35:52] | I meant when I went into that whole diet/economics harangue. | 我说那个节食经济理论的时候 | 
| [35:56] | -Quite an oratorio. -I was showing off. It was ridiculous… | -说得很好 -我只是在炫耀当然很荒谬 | 
| [35:59] | …and you didn’t make fun of me, and I appreciate it. | 你没有当众取笑我我很感激 | 
| [36:04] | The president made almost the exact same point this afternoon. | 总统下午说了几乎一样的话 | 
| [36:07] | -Very funny. -It’s true, actually. It was uncanny. | -不可能 -是真的确实我也很惊讶 | 
| [36:10] | -Oh, my God. -He left out the whole goofy diet part. | -我的天 -当然他没有扯进去节食的部分 | 
| [36:13] | -Don’t blow it now. -Perfectly nice people. | -现在不要发作 -他们是很好的人 | 
| [36:16] | For residents of the only state… | 他们是仅有的一个州的居民 | 
| [36:18] | …that consider rind one of the four major food groups. | 认为奶酪是四种主要食品之一 | 
| [37:07] | Good, I didn’t miss it. | 好我还没有错过 | 
| [37:10] | No. I think there might be 30 or 40 seconds left. | 还剩下30或者40秒 | 
| [37:16] | You look great. | 你很漂亮 | 
| [37:19] | Thanks. So do you. | 谢谢你也是 | 
| [37:22] | Everyone looks great in a tux. Chimps look great. | 谁穿起燕尾服 都会很好看猩猩也是 | 
| [37:26] | With none actually present, I’ll have to settle for you. | 既然没有更好的选择 我只好恭维你了 | 
| [37:31] | So listen. Ryan… | 听着赖恩… | 
| [37:35] | …of all people, asked me straight out about our relationship… | 还有别的人都问及我们的关系 | 
| [37:40] | …and I couldn’t have avoided the subject more if I had faked a stroke. | 我想我已经不能 再掩饰回避这个问题 | 
| [37:46] | -Cheeky little brat. -That’s not the point. | -那个可恶的臭小子 -这不是重点 | 
| [37:49] | Even if I’d wanted to answer him, I wouldn’t have known what to say. | 即使我想要回答 我也不知从何说起 | 
| [37:53] | It’s like what C.J. said today about the economy. | 就像C.J.早上被问及经济问题 | 
| [37:56] | By refusing to put language to it, we’re trying to pretend it doesn’t exist. | 我们对此不作评价 试图掩饰它的存在 | 
| [38:00] | But it’s something. | 但这不是真的 | 
| [38:04] | Even if we don’t know what to call it. | 即使我们无法描述 | 
| [38:08] | I just think it’s time to start thinking about a language plan… | 我们是不是应该认真考虑 | 
| [38:11] | …for whatever it is we’re doing too. | 我们也需要一个词汇 去确定这种关系 | 
| [39:00] | -Bravo! -Bravo! | -好极了 -好极了 | 
| [39:02] | Bravo! | 好极了 | 
| [39:12] | Ladies, gentlemen. | 各位 | 
| [39:16] | I wish to… . | 我希望 | 
| [39:25] | I wish to… | 我希望 | 
| [39:38] | …thank… | 感谢 | 
| [39:41] | …the president… | 总统先生 | 
| [39:43] | …the American people… | 和美国人民 | 
| [39:46] | …for this opportunity. | 给我这次机会 | 
| [39:49] | I wish it be start… | 我希望将来会有 | 
| [39:52] | …many exchange… | 更多的交流 | 
| [39:55] | …improve relation… | 加深两国之间的 | 
| [39:58] | …between our country. | 友谊 | 
| [41:01] | He didn’t realize what it was. | 他并不知道那是什么 | 
| [41:05] | What what was, sir? | 什么意思阁下? | 
| [41:07] | Freedom. | 自由 | 
| [41:17] | You could’ve canceled the concert. | 你本可以取消音乐会 | 
| [41:20] | There’s a Korean word, han. | 韩文里有一个字”han” | 
| [41:24] | I looked it up. | 我查了一下 | 
| [41:26] | There is no literal English translation. | 没有正式的文字翻译 | 
| [41:30] | It’s a state of mind. | 是指一种心态 | 
| [41:31] | Of soul, really. | 或者灵魂 | 
| [41:34] | A sadness. | 悲伤 | 
| [41:37] | A sadness so deep no tears will come. | 哀莫大于心死使眼泪无存 | 
| [41:41] | And yet, still, there’s hope. | 但仍深信希望之所在 | 
| [41:48] | Good night, Mr. President. | 晚安总统阁下 | 
| [41:52] | I got a call from Geneva 15 minutes ago. | 15分钟前我收到日内瓦的电话 | 
| [41:57] | The negotiations are on hold. | 谈判搁浅了 | 
| [42:00] | The North Koreans didn’t like the size of everyone’s flags at the table. | 北韩人不喜欢桌面上旗帜的大小 | 
| [42:13] | Good night, sir. | 晚安先生 |