时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | People need to believe he’ll govern effectively… | 人民需要相信 即使他不能保护家人的安全 |
[00:10] | …even if he can’t secure his family’s safety. | 也能够有效地执政 |
[00:13] | I’m a special assistant to the president. | 我是总统的特助 |
[00:15] | Chief strategist and senior counselor to the VP. | 参谋长和副总统的资深顾问 |
[00:17] | You took the Russell job. | 你接了罗素的工作 |
[00:19] | Deliver that to the president personally. | 亲自转达给总统 |
[00:21] | You’re leaving the party be–? | 你离开党是为什么? |
[00:24] | This is because of me? | 这是因为我吗? |
[00:26] | I’m not leaving because of you, but you made it a whole lot easier. | 我不是因为你离开 不过你是临门一脚 |
[00:31] | -Surprise! -Surprise! | -大惊喜! -大惊喜! |
[00:34] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐! |
[00:38] | -Talk to me. -Beer, please. | -说吧 -请给我啤酒 |
[00:41] | If I haven’t said it recently– | 如果我最近没说的话 |
[00:43] | Bless me and my mini fridge. | 保佑我还有我的迷你冰箱 |
[00:46] | So how bad? | 有多惨? |
[00:47] | All the dailies are gonna jump on it. The Post, the Times. | 各大报都会报导 包括《邮报》、《时代杂志》 |
[00:51] | Fox will have a field day. Newsweek will do a cover. | 福斯电视台会做外景采访 《新闻周刊》会做封面报导 |
[00:54] | The Sunday morning shows’ll hang Josh from a klieg light, use him as a piñata. | 周日晨间新闻会专访乔西 当他是枪靶 |
[00:58] | All of which is okay. We can’t put a lid on it… | 这些都还不打紧 我们没法只手遮天 |
[01:00] | …but we can control the schadenfreude, keep him standing. | 至少可以控制幸灾乐祸的情况 让他还站得住脚 |
[01:04] | -“Schadenfreude”? -Joy in the suffering of others. | -幸灾乐祸? -把快乐建筑在别人的痛苦上 |
[01:06] | The whole rationale behind the House of Representatives. | 众议院背后的整个基础 |
[01:11] | It’s all about setting the right tone. | 重点在于气氛要对 |
[01:13] | It has to start first thing Monday. That’s where you come in. | 而且必须是星期一要做的第一件事 就是你现身的时候 |
[01:16] | You look nice. | 你气色不错 |
[01:19] | -I feel good. -Well, you look it. | -我感觉不错 -嗯看得出来 |
[01:23] | Why are you here? | 你怎么会在这里? |
[01:24] | I could tell you I needed a copy of the Post… | 我可以跟你说我得买份《邮报》 |
[01:27] | …but the truth is, I have a crush on the little old man at the cappuccino stand. | 不过实际上是 我对卖咖啡的老人有意思 |
[01:33] | You okay? | 你还好吧? |
[01:35] | I already told you, I feel good. | 我跟你说过了我感觉不错 |
[01:38] | -So you’re not–? -I have my health. | -所以你不? -我身体健康 |
[01:40] | I have central air. | 家里有中央空调 |
[01:42] | In the hierarchy of pain and suffering, I really can’t complain. | 在整个受苦受难的体系里面 实在没什么好抱怨的 |
[01:45] | -I will. It’s a blip. -You’re not–? | -我会抱怨可是世事多变 -你不? |
[01:47] | -I can’t get worked up about it. -Good for you. | -我不能就这样发脾气 -你能这么想很好 |
[01:51] | That’s what we told my grandmother when she was down to 84 pounds. | 当我奶奶瘦到84磅的时候 我们也是这样跟她说 |
[01:55] | Help him protect his image. | 帮助他保住他的形象 |
[01:57] | Project business as usual. He’s gotta do real work. | 跟平常一样计划工作 他必须办正事 |
[01:59] | No meetings that are below him, nothing with the malt-beverage lobby. | 推掉有失他身分的会议 不要到处停留闲聊 |
[02:03] | I set up a call with the Idaho Democratic Party chair. | 我安排了与爱达荷州民主党主席通话 |
[02:06] | If you can survive his wrath, you’re good. | 如果你在他发飚之后还没事就好 |
[02:08] | Check with Defense Approps every hour on the hour, will you? | 帮我每小时注意一下国防预算案 |
[02:11] | That launcher better not be on the bill. | 那台发射器最好不在预算案上 |
[02:13] | I’m not gonna lose Carrick and buy him a useless piece of military junk. | 我不要输给凯瑞克 还送他一台没用的军用垃圾 |
[02:17] | -Anything from Leo? -Not yet. | -有里奥的消息吗? -还没有 |
[02:20] | -Margaret said first thing– -Something about missing plutonium… | -犸格丽特说会先 -车臣好像发生 |
[02:23] | -…in Chechnya. -Like that matters. | -钸元素下落不明 -这又不是什么大事 |
[02:26] | What is this? What the hell are you doing out here? | 这是怎么回事?你来这里 到底要干嘛? |
[02:30] | You met me outside so when you told me Leo hadn’t set a meeting… | 你到外头跟我碰面 说里奥还没有安排好会议 |
[02:33] | …I’d be out of the building if I got mad. | 我要是生气的话 就会被轰出去 |
[02:35] | I have a crush on the cappuccino man. Have you seen his newsboy cap? | 我对咖啡男有意思 你看过他新的送报生小帽吗? |
[02:39] | -I’m not upset. -lf he’d come to me, I’d tell him myself… | -我没有生气 -他如果来找我我会自己跟他说 |
[02:42] | …except men are funny that way. He’d never come to me. | 不过男人不太做那种事 他不会自己来找我 |
[02:46] | I’m trying to see around corners so I don’t get bit in the ass. | 我得注意各角落 才不会被一些笨蛋抓包 |
[02:49] | You going around the corner ass first? | 你想先摆脱角落的笨蛋? |
[02:52] | You’ll be fine. | 你不会有事的 |
[02:54] | Sam called. Amy called. Sam wanted to remind you to roll with the punches. | 山姆、艾咪有打电话来 山姆要提醒你要逆来顺受 |
[02:58] | -Any reporters? – , NBC, CBS, CNN, Fox… | -有记者打来吗? -每家电视新闻网都打来过 |
[03:01] | …New York Times, the Post, Detroit Free Press, Miami Herald, Nightline, Dateline. | 《纽约时报》、《邮报》、《自由报》 《迈阿密前锋报》、《夜线》 《日线》 |
[03:06] | Hey. Josh, are you okay? | 嘿乔西你还好吧? |
[03:08] | -Yeah, I’m great. -Well, keep your chin up. | -嗯好极了 -好别垂头丧气的 |
[03:11] | Do people keep clich?thesauruses around for times like this? | 碰到这种事的时候大家都有 老套的同义字典可以用是吧? |
[03:15] | -Oh, my God. -What? | -喔我的天啊 -怎么了? |
[03:17] | –killing at least 17 and devastating… | 剥夺至少17人的生命并摧毁了 |
[03:19] | -…much of McClain County. -I have to call my cousins. | -大部分的麦肯连郡 -我得打电话给我表亲 |
[03:22] | -I thought they’re in Wisconsin. -My other cousins. | -他们不是住在威斯康辛州吗? -我有其他表亲 |
[03:25] | –where over 100 citizens are still missing. | 仍有100多名的居民失踪 |
[03:27] | Search-and-rescue crews are expected to reach the site within the hour. | 搜救队员预计在一个小时内会抵达现场 |
[03:32] | Hey, don’t let the bastards get you down. | 嘿别让那些混蛋得逞 |
[04:27] | –one of the most devastating tornadoes…. | 最具破坏力的龙卷风之一 |
[04:29] | -Five on the Fujita Scale is a–? -Vast, violent vacuum cleaner… | -龙卷风藤田五级是? -像超大吸力超强的吸尘器 |
[04:34] | -…uprooting everything. -It’s a funnel cloud. | -可以彻底根绝一切 -是个漏斗云 |
[04:36] | -A vast, violent vacuum cleaner. -It’s a vacuum cleaner and a funnel cloud. | -超大吸力超强的吸尘器 -是个吸尘器跟漏斗云 |
[04:40] | See, men, peace on earth. How are Donna’s cousins? | 这样大家都不用争 唐娜的表亲还好吧? |
[04:42] | They’re fine. They’re up in Tulsa or something. | 他们没事他们在土尔沙附近 |
[04:45] | I thought they were in Wisconsin. | 我以为他们住在威斯康辛州 |
[04:47] | The FCO is requesting activation of the National Guard. | 联邦协调官要求发动国民兵 |
[04:51] | I remember the warning sirens. My family cramming into the bathroom… | 我犹记龙卷风的警报声 我们全家挤进车库内的 |
[04:54] | -…in the garage. -We set for the chancellor? | -浴室 -准备好见总理了吗? |
[04:57] | -You had a bathroom in your garage? -He’s addressing the U.N. tomorrow… | -你们的车库里面有浴室? -他明天在联合国演讲 |
[05:00] | …then flying in Wednesday to meet the president. | 接着星期三飞来见总统 |
[05:03] | -Anything new on Carrick? -Yeah. He’s a Republican. | -凯瑞克方面有什么新消息吗? -有他是共和党 |
[05:08] | -Newer? -Haffley will use Carrick’s defection… | -有没有更新一点的? -海夫立会利用凯瑞克的变节 |
[05:12] | …to slide a cap-gains tax cut into our stimulus package. | 借机将资本收益减税 丢入刺激经济计划 |
[05:14] | -Apparently, it’s “Seize the day” day. -Or “Blow up the deficit” day. | -很明显是“及时行乐”的一天 -或是“使赤字加剧”的一天 |
[05:18] | -See what you did? -Do you have everything? | -看你做了什么好事? -你全都准备好了吗? |
[05:20] | -Is the president going to Oklahoma? -I don’t want him in the way. | -总统要前往奥克拉荷马州吗? -我不希望他碍事 |
[05:24] | Taking pictures with victims might play like he’s trying to raise his numbers. | 与受难者合照可能像是作秀 想增加选票 |
[05:28] | Or it might make other people feel like the president gives a damn. | 也可能让别人觉得总统真的在乎 |
[05:32] | -Photo ops give people hope. -Hope? | -媒体拍照给民众希望 -希望? |
[05:35] | -What is that? -We send Russell, nobody gets hurt. | -那是什么? -我们派罗素去不伤感情 |
[05:37] | Then the president sends his condolences and prayers. | 然后总统可以转达他的 哀悼跟祈祷 |
[05:40] | Toby, find Will, and tell him the VP’s going to Oklahoma. | 托比去找威尔跟他说 副总统要去奥克拉荷马州 |
[05:43] | -That’s it. Thanks, everyone. -Thank you, Leo. | -就这样谢谢各位 -谢谢里奥 |
[05:46] | Josh. Stick around for a minute. | 乔西你等一下 |
[05:51] | On the cap-gains thing, we should get Singer to send Haffley a message. | 关于资本收益一事我们应该让辛尔 传个话给海夫立 |
[05:55] | Margaret? | 犸格丽特? |
[05:59] | Get the door, would you? | 关个门可以吗? |
[06:04] | Nobody’s happy you lost Carrick… | 没有人乐见你输给凯瑞克 |
[06:07] | …but we’re all about moving forward, and we can’t do that without you. | 但是我们还是得向前看 而没有你我们办不到 |
[06:11] | However, I have to take you out to the woodshed… | 不过我必须先带你出柴房 |
[06:14] | …and whack you with a 2-by-4. | 用木棍痛扁你一顿 |
[06:16] | He was never a Democrat. He was working the Republicans– | 他从来不是民主党 他是帮共和党工作 |
[06:19] | I’m sorry. Whack away. | 抱歉请痛扁 |
[06:21] | Maybe the camel’s back was already broken, but you gave him the straw. | 骆鸵的背很可能早就断了 可是你还给他背麦杆 |
[06:24] | Then you drove over him with a tank. | 然后开坦克辗过他 |
[06:28] | The president and I think you’ve been spread too thin. | 总统和我觉得你心力过于交瘁 |
[06:31] | We’ll scale back your portfolio. Some of the legislative stuff. | 我们会调整你的职权 一些立法事务 |
[06:35] | I’ll let you know the details as soon as I take the temperature of the caucus. | 党部那边一有消息 我会尽快告诉你细节 |
[06:39] | But you keep your title, your staff. | 不过你的职位、部属都不会变 |
[06:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:51] | FEMA director on two. | 联邦急难管理局局长在二线 |
[06:53] | Leo, does C.J. have–? | 里奥茜洁有? |
[06:55] | “Josh Lyman is one of the president’s most trusted advisors… | 乔西赖曼是总统最亲信的 顾问之一 |
[06:58] | …and has the absolute confidence of the president. “ | 而且拥有总统完全的信任 |
[07:01] | I’m gone. | 我闪人 |
[07:04] | -Dan, what’s happening on the ground? -Oh, thank God. | -丹有什么大事? -喔谢天谢地 |
[07:08] | -You thought I was cooked. -I did not. | -你以为我完蛋了 -我没有 |
[07:10] | You thought we were gone. You were cleaning out your desk… | 你以为我们会被开除 你连桌子都清好了 |
[07:13] | -…mentally kicking dirt on my grave. -No. Now I’m doing that. | -在心里面扫我的坟墓 -没有我现在才想到 |
[07:16] | Confirm dinner with Wilcox tomorrow. Make sure I have my table. | 确认明天与威尔卡斯的晚餐 订我专用的桌子 |
[07:19] | Good. You’re getting out. A man about town. | 很好你出运了城市猎人 |
[07:22] | Set a meeting with Ted Davis, Democratic Strategy Group and one with… | 安排与民主党策略组泰德大卫斯会面 另外再安排 |
[07:26] | -…the Security Policy Working Group. -Send a message you’re riding herd. | -与安全政策工作小组会面 -要留言说你会严密管制 |
[07:30] | -I’m not helping. -It’s a blip. | -当我没说 -这是起伏点 |
[07:32] | In my memoir, this will be the character-building funny part. | 在我的回忆录里 这会是人格塑造有趣的部分 |
[07:35] | I thought I was the character-building funny part. | 我以为我是人格塑造有趣的部分 |
[07:40] | If we want environmentalists to go along with using cyanide in gold mining… | 如果我们要环保人士同意将氰化物 用于采金矿 |
[07:44] | …we have to come up with a warmer word for it than– Am I boring you? | 就必须想出比较模糊的字眼 你觉得无趣吗? |
[07:48] | Sorry. I was up late with the president playing Scopa d’Assi. | 抱歉我跟总统玩牌玩到很晚 |
[07:51] | -Come again? -It’s an obscure Italian card game. | -什么? -那是一种难懂的意大利桥牌 |
[07:54] | He said Sinatra gave him the deck, but I think he was trying to get me to stay. | 他说纸牌是辛纳屈送的不过我猜 他是要我留下来才这么说的 |
[07:58] | -C.J., we need the VP in Oklahoma. -Yeah, I heard. | -我们需要副总统到奥克拉荷马州 -我有听说 |
[08:01] | Soon as you get space near the vice president, I want you off his back. | 一旦你调到副总统身边 办公室就得还我 |
[08:04] | -He hates me. -Oh, yeah. | -他恨我 -是啊 |
[08:06] | The way you hate the girl you ask to prom who says, “I have a date. “ | 就跟你邀请参加舞会的女生 跟你说“我有约了”一样 |
[08:09] | You made a choice, now own it. | 你自找的没办法 |
[08:15] | -Good morning, C.J. -Good morning. | -早安茜洁 -早安 |
[08:18] | At approximately 5:45 a.m., a tornado touched down… | 在上午5点45分左右 龙卷风席卷了 |
[08:21] | …outside Maysville, Oklahoma. | 奥克拉荷马州梅斯维尔外围 |
[08:23] | Twenty-seven bodies were recovered, over 50 people are still missing. | 发现27具尸体 仍有50人以上失踪 |
[08:26] | At Governor Wade’s request, the president declared a national emergency. | 在伍德州长的要求下 总统发布了全国紧急救援 |
[08:30] | -Will the president visit the site? -The president sends condolences… | -总统会前往现场吗? -总统表达他对受难者的哀悼 |
[08:34] | …to the victims. He dispatched FEMA director Daniel Rubin… | 他指派联邦急难管理局 理事丹尼尔罗宝 |
[08:37] | …to survey the damage and update him. | 调查灾情并向他报告最新消息 |
[08:39] | C.J., when is General Alexander going to present his force-readiness assessment? | 茜洁亚历山大上将何时会 发表他的国防军备评估? |
[08:43] | He has been chairman of the Joint Chiefs a week… | 他上任参谋首长才一周 |
[08:46] | …give him time to find the paper clips. | 给他点时间找回纹针 |
[08:48] | If you care to give a housewarming gift, he’s registered at Bed Bath & Beyond. | 如果你想要送他乔升之礼 可到家居用品店选购 |
[08:52] | -Chris? -Would you care to comment on reports… | -克丽丝? -你可以对有关输给凯瑞克之后 |
[08:54] | …that after losing Carrick, the president doesn’t trust Josh Lyman… | 总统不信任乔西赖曼与国会合作的报导 |
[08:59] | -…to work with Congress? -Josh is one of his most trusted advisors. | -作一点评论吗? -乔西是他最亲信的顾问之一 |
[09:02] | He won’t be stripped of his portfolio? | 他的职权不会被卸除? |
[09:04] | No. His portfolio always fluctuates to the president’s needs. | 不会他的职权会随总统的需要变动 |
[09:07] | -Which are? -Food, water, an occasional ball game. | -是哪些? -吃、喝、临时球赛 |
[09:10] | -C.J. -Yes. | -茜洁 -是 |
[09:20] | -Are you gonna ask me if I’m okay? -Do I look like your mommy? | -你要问我我还好吗? -我看起来像你妈吗? |
[09:25] | Take your medicine, keep your head down. | 服你的药不要抛头露面 |
[09:29] | I said DEA, not EPA. | 我说的是缉毒管制局不是环保署 |
[09:35] | Leo said he’s scaling back my portfolio… | 里奥说他要调整我的职权 |
[09:38] | …which is unmistakably euphemistic for, “We’re giving it to someone else. “ | 等于是婉转地说 “我们要把职责交给别人” |
[09:44] | This is when you say, “It’s not me. “ | 这时候你应该说“不是我” |
[09:46] | -Oh, this is the part? -I’m letting you off the hook. | -喔是这时候该说? -我是让你好脱身 |
[09:49] | This is also the part with the hook? | 这也是脱身的时候? |
[09:53] | They’re gathering in the Oval. | 他们正聚在总统办公室 |
[09:55] | This isn’t it either. | 也不是这份 |
[10:00] | Think Leo’s bringing somebody in? | 你觉得里奥要引进新人? |
[10:03] | Probably. I would. | 有可能要是我就会 |
[10:05] | Thanks. I’m sure he’ll appreciate the support. | 谢谢我肯定他会感激您的支持 |
[10:09] | Why not just send him a wreath? | 干嘛不干脆送花圈就好了? |
[10:11] | I Googled Carrick and Lyman. Nothing new linking Josh to Carrick’s move. | 我在网上查凯瑞克和赖曼 没有乔西对凯瑞克行动的新发展 |
[10:15] | But I did find Carricka Lymanshauser’s porn site. She’s a Swiss sensation. | 不过我找到了凯瑞卡赖曼雪瑟 的色情网站她是瑞士激情花 |
[10:19] | Two thousand hits so far today. | 光今天目前就有两千次点阅 |
[10:23] | Looks like Carrick’s buddies are jumping on the Republican budget-busting… | 看起来凯瑞克的哥们正卯上 共和党扫荡预算 |
[10:27] | …Milton-Friedman-worshipping bandwagon. | 崇拜傅立曼的游行队 |
[10:30] | Blue Dogs’ll vote for new cap-gains tax cuts? | 蓝狗民主党保守派会投票 支持减低新资本收益税吗? |
[10:32] | -That’s what Singer said. -How many? | -辛尔是这么说的 -多少票? |
[10:34] | -Twenty-seven. -With Singer it’s 28. | -27票 -加上辛尔是28票 |
[10:36] | Enough to make it veto-proof in the House. | 足够在白宫内对抗否决权 |
[10:38] | Remember back when Democrats used to vote with us? | 记得过去民主党曾附和我们投票吗? |
[10:41] | If we turn Singer, five or six other Dems will follow. | 如果我们让辛尔改变心意 有五或六名其他民主党员会附和 |
[10:44] | Let’s get them over here. | 请他们过来 |
[10:46] | I do enjoy Governor Wade. | 伍德州长人还不错 |
[10:48] | Minus her little love affair with handguns and tort reform. | 不提她热爱手枪和与侵权改革的话 |
[10:51] | -Is the vice president ready to go? -Advance has greeters… | -副总统准备好启程了吗? -预备行程的接待人员 |
[10:54] | …and transportation secure. The 89th Air Wing’s in place for tomorrow. | 和交通工具都没问题 89号海军舰队已就位 |
[10:58] | Just one ambulance held up by the VP’s motorcade… | 只要有一台救护车 被副总统的车队耽搁到 |
[11:01] | -…and it’s a three-day story. -It’s set. | -新闻可是连报三天 -都安排好了 |
[11:03] | Anyway, a site visit shouldn’t be about politics. It’s about hope and photo ops. | 总之探访灾区不应该泛政治化 应该是关于希望和媒体拍照 |
[11:07] | Photo ops are hope. | 媒体拍照就是希望 |
[11:10] | -Claudia Jean, did you just pinch Toby? -I’m sorry. It was a professional dispute. | -茜洁你刚刚是不是掐了托比? -抱歉我们在进行专业争论 |
[11:15] | -About what? -She thinks you should go. | -关于什么? -她认为你应该去 |
[11:18] | -Really? -Yes, sir. | -是吗? -是的长官 |
[11:20] | We need this presidential moment. | 我们这一刻需要总统 |
[11:22] | Let’s not give it away. I think you should go. | 别放弃这个机会 我认为您该去 |
[11:24] | Not because of how it looks, because of what it is. | 不是因为会有多好看 而是因为实际发生的事情 |
[11:28] | But I seem to be the only one. | 可是我似乎是唯一这么认为的 |
[11:34] | Then you can sit next to me on the plane. | 那么你可以上飞机坐在我旁边 |
[11:36] | -The vice president– -Takes my spot at the national PTA lunch. | -副总统 -代我参加全国家长教师午餐会 |
[11:40] | He discovers why I was going in the first place, he’s a better man than I. | 他要是知道我当初为什么要去 他比我还行 |
[11:43] | Mr. President, Secretary Berryhill is ready in the Cabinet Room. | 总统先生贝瑞希尔国务卿 在内阁厅等候 |
[11:47] | -Thank you. -We have briefings… | -谢谢 -我们要作简报 |
[11:48] | …and prep tomorrow for the chancellor’s visit. | 还要为明天总理到访做准备 |
[11:51] | Steel tariffs and unemployment. How could I forget? | 讨论钢铁关税和失业 我怎么会忘记? |
[11:54] | Think he’ll mention how German unemployment may be tied… | 你觉得他会提到德国的失业状况 可能跟 |
[11:57] | -…to our bombing the Qumari pipeline? -We can make the trip in six hours. | -我们轰炸库马油管有关? -探灾六个小时内就可以结束 |
[12:01] | Let’s do it. | 我们出发吧 |
[12:02] | People need to know I care about more than just my own family. | 民众需要知道我不只在乎我自己的家人 |
[12:06] | And since you folks are all quiet, I know I’m right. | 既然你们大家都没话说 我知道我是对的 |
[12:11] | Have him back in five hours, C.J. | 让他五个小时内回来茜洁 |
[12:36] | -Governor Wade, good morning. -Morning, Mr. President. | -伍德州长早安 -早总统先生 |
[12:39] | Sorry about the circumstances. So where are we? | 很遗憾发生这种灾难灾情如何? |
[12:42] | Tornado ripped the railroad tracks right out of the ground. | 龙卷风将铁轨直接从陆地上扯断 |
[12:45] | You ask me, there’s nothing scarier than 8-foot railroad ties flying through the air. | 如果你问我没有什么比8尺长 的铁轨在天上飞还恐怖的事 |
[12:49] | Sixteen of the dead are from the trailer park. | 拖车住户区死伤16人 |
[12:52] | -Over 100 mobile homes destroyed. -Of course. | -超过100户活动房屋遭到摧毁 -当然 |
[12:55] | It’s always the folks with the least who are hardest hit. | 损失最惨重的总是最穷困的居民 |
[12:58] | These people are already pinching their pennies… | 这些人为了燃料税跟遗产税 |
[13:00] | …what with the gas tax and the death tax. | 都已经省吃伦用 |
[13:03] | -Here we go. What’s the median income? -Thirty-one thousand. | -老问题平均收入是多少? -三万一千美元 |
[13:07] | Was. | 以前是 |
[13:09] | The Safeway distribution center was right over there. | 喜互惠物流中心就在那边 |
[13:26] | -What website is this? -It’s msnbc.com. | -这是什么网站? -是MSN |
[13:30] | Kamen called. | 凯门来电 |
[13:33] | Heard Leo’s already talking to people. | 听说里奥已经有在找人谈 |
[13:35] | How did they get this stuff, tap Leo’s phone? | 他们是怎么知道的 窃听里奥的电话? |
[13:38] | I guess David Glaser’s a possibility. So is Ned Wallace. | 我猜有可能是大卫葛来瑟 奈德华利斯也有可能 |
[13:41] | I’m not working with some K2-climbing Rhodes scholar with a goatee. | 我才不要跟什么留着山羊胡 还在学着爬的罗德岛学者共事 |
[13:45] | Complimented me at the correspondents’ dinner. | 他在企业晚餐称赞我 |
[13:47] | That’s how he sucks you in. Angela Blake? She’s a self-promoting… | 那是他买通你的招数 安琪拉布莱克?她超会自我推销 |
[13:52] | -…holier than everybody– -She won’t give up her corner office. | -自以为是 -她不会放弃她宽敞的办公室 |
[13:57] | She works at Steerson and Wallace with David Glaser. | 她在史提生和华利斯那里 与大卫葛来瑟共事 |
[14:00] | So she’s recommending him? They say Mason Fuller’s been… | 所以是她推荐他? 他们说梅森福乐 |
[14:03] | -…in contact with Leo. -He’s selling his boat. | -一直有与里奥连络 -他是要卖他的船 |
[14:06] | -How do you know? -He tried to sell it to me too. | -你怎么知道? -他也想卖给我 |
[14:08] | -You don’t have time for a boat. -I know. | -你根本没时间用船 -我知道 |
[14:11] | The 15 minutes I spent imagining what I’d name it… | 我花在想要取什么船名的那15分钟 |
[14:14] | …were perhaps the happiest 15 minutes of my life. | 是我这辈子最快乐的15分钟 |
[14:16] | The sun rose bleakly over the town of Maysville today… . | 今天太阳冷酷地在梅斯维尔镇上升起 |
[14:21] | -How much warning? -Doppler radar should provide 15 minutes. | -警告多严重? -都卜勒雷达应该会提供15分钟 |
[14:25] | Unfortunately, the Doppler radar system– | 不幸的是都卜勒雷达系统 |
[14:27] | -The system was the first thing hit? -Yeah. | -系统是第一个遭到破坏的? -是的 |
[14:29] | They just started building a new church. Raised all the money themselves. | 他们才开始要建新教堂 自己募得所有款项 |
[14:33] | That’s a lot of bake sales and car washes. | 卖了很多糕饼和洗了很多车募来的 |
[14:36] | A lot of the congregation is still missing. | 仍然还有很多会友失踪 |
[14:38] | We have about a half-hour, sir. | 我们大概有半个小时的时间长官 |
[14:41] | Where are all the people? | 人都跑到哪里去了? |
[14:44] | -I’m sorry, sir? -From the town, where are they? | -您说什么长官? -镇上的人到哪里去了? |
[15:02] | -Hi, I’m Jed Bartlet. -Find something, anything. | -嗨我是杰德巴特勒 -随便找个什么 |
[15:04] | Vans, trucks. We have to get the press here. | 厢型车、卡车都可以 我们必须带媒体到这里 |
[15:07] | No one told us he’d be traveling to another site. | 没人告诉我们 他会到不同的灾区现场 |
[15:09] | Get him through here quickly, Charlie, we have to be back by 3. | 快快带他结束这里 查理我们必须在3点前回府 |
[15:13] | Page Leo McGarry, call holding with C.J. Cregg. | 传呼里奥马加瑞 说茜洁葛瑞在线上 |
[15:16] | -Tricycles, rickshaws, piggyback rides. -How’s he doing? | -三轮车、人力车、拖车 -他探访得如何? |
[15:20] | Great. Listen, I wanted to give you a heads-up. | 很好听着 我想先通知你一声 |
[15:22] | We made an impromptu stop at a Red Cross shelter. | 我们临时拜访红十字避难所 |
[15:25] | Gantry says he can make it up in flight. | 肯崔说他可以飞快一点准时到达 |
[15:27] | State’s Germany briefing is at 3. Keep me posted. | 国家的德国简报3点开始 随时跟我通报 |
[15:30] | Sorry. Where were we, Mr. Secretary? | 抱歉我们说到哪里部长先生? |
[15:32] | Eleven billion is a waste. I defer to the general, but in my opinion… | 一百亿是浪费钱 我同意上将但是就我的观点 |
[15:36] | …we must concentrate on precision-based munitions. | 我们必须把重点放在精确的军需品上 |
[15:39] | Paying for a state-of-the-art howitzer… | 花钱在最新科技的榴弹跑上 |
[15:41] | …is like paying for a state-of-the-art bow and arrow. Kill it. | 就像花钱在最新式的弓箭一样 该删掉 |
[15:43] | -Fine. What else? -The Hellenic navy forcibly removed… | -好还有什么? -希腊海军强制从克洛西岛 |
[15:47] | …six Albanian soldiers from the Isle of Croxys. | 撤走了六名阿尔巴尼亚士兵 |
[15:49] | -Where’s that? -Ionian Sea. | -在哪里? -爱奥尼亚海 |
[15:51] | The Greeks believe they own the property. | 希腊人认为他们拥有该地 |
[15:53] | -They’ve raised a flag. -Good for them. | -他们升起国旗 -做得好 |
[15:55] | -Thanks, everybody. -Thank you. | -谢谢大家 -谢谢 |
[15:58] | -Mr. McGarry, do you have a minute? -Of course, general. | -马加瑞先生你有空吗? -当然有上将 |
[16:01] | Thanks, Miles. Keep me posted. | 谢谢迈尔斯有事通知我 |
[16:03] | -How’s life in the E-ring? -Still moving in, lot of boxes. | -五角大厦的生活如何? -还在搬迁当中一大堆箱子 |
[16:07] | Well, we’re delighted to have you take over as chairman. | 我们很高兴由您接管主席一职 |
[16:10] | -Admiral Fitzwallace is hard to follow. -You’ll do great. What’s on your mind? | -总司令费兹华利斯有点难搞 -你没问题的有什么事? |
[16:15] | I realize this administration wants a new direction… | 我知道内阁想要有新方向 |
[16:17] | -…that’s why you brought me in. -But. | -所以你才领我来 -可是呢 |
[16:19] | When you politicize career advancement in the general officer core… | 你把核心将官的晋升泛政治化 |
[16:23] | …you compromise the integrity of the advice you get from my officers. | 等于是危害了从我的将官 取得指示的廉正性 |
[16:28] | Congressman Singer is in the Roosevelt Room and Senator Triplehorn is on three. | 众议员辛尔在罗斯福厅等候 参议员崔普宏在三线 |
[16:32] | General, I’m not quite sure what you’re talking about. | 上将我不太清楚你的意思 |
[16:35] | Secretary of defense has requested interviews with all Army generals… | 国防部长要求一一跟所有 |
[16:39] | -…in line for a third or fourth star. -All of them? | -三星与四星级的上将面谈 -全部? |
[16:42] | -A hundred and fifty, sir. -We don’t screen generals. | -一百五十位长官 -我们不过滤上将 |
[16:45] | Then I suggest you tell that to Secretary Hutchinson. | 那我建议你告诉杭奇森部长 |
[16:49] | Carrick was a mole for the right. | 凯瑞克是右派的间谍 |
[16:51] | -Yeah. -We should meet with his contributors… | -没错 -我们应该见见他的贡献者 |
[16:54] | -…get them to sue, get their money back. -Lawsuit? | -使他们提出告诉拿回他们的钱 -诉讼? |
[16:57] | Hey, you can sue McDonald’s for being fat. | 嘿你吃太胖都可以告麦当劳了 |
[16:59] | -Leo. -I was just coming to find you. | -里奥 -我正要找你 |
[17:01] | We can outflank Haffley on cap-gains if we stick to stimulus. | 如果我们坚持刺激经济计划的话 就可以阻扰海夫立的资本收益案 |
[17:04] | Yeah. Can you give us a second? | 对可以给我们一点时间吗? |
[17:09] | I just got off with Triplehorn. | 我刚刚跟崔普宏挂完电话 |
[17:12] | The Democrats on the Hill want you to sit this one out. | 国会山庄的民主党不希望你参加 |
[17:16] | The meeting with Singer? | 与辛尔的会谈? |
[17:18] | -We need a fresh start. -I’m supposed to be there. | -我们需要重新开始 -我应该出席 |
[17:21] | -It’s gonna look like you benched me. -Toby knows the cap-gain numbers. | -看起来像你要换下我 -托比知道资本收益的数字 |
[17:24] | -I asked him to sit in. -Only in this meeting or…? | -我请他参加 -只有这次会议还是? |
[17:31] | The budget negotiations? | 预算协商? |
[17:32] | We need the Democratic leadership off our backs. | 我们不能让民主党领导阶层找我们麻烦 |
[17:35] | I’ll have Toby find you after. | 我会请托比之后找你 |
[17:44] | Honestly, the whole first year I couldn’t tell my twins apart. | 老实说第一年 我完全没办法辨认我的双胞胎 |
[17:49] | Mine are a boy and a girl. | 我的是一男一女 |
[17:52] | I’m thinking of getting them tattooed. | 我考虑让他们刺青 |
[17:55] | No Josh, huh? | 乔西不参加? |
[17:58] | He wanted to convey his apologies for having to miss the meeting. | 他想要表达缺席这次会议的歉意 |
[18:02] | So, congressman… | 那么议员 |
[18:04] | -…we wanted to talk to you about– -I’m not gonna vote against the tax cut. | -我们想跟您谈谈 -我不打算投票反对减税 |
[18:09] | Neither are any of my other guys. | 我其他伙伴也不打算这么做 |
[18:20] | Well, we were in the car together… | 我们当时一起在车子里面 |
[18:23] | …and the noise was so loud. It sounded like a freight train. | 噪音很吵听起来像是货柜列车 |
[18:29] | I just don’t know what I’m going to do without her. | 没有她我真的不知道该怎么办 |
[18:32] | l– I don’t even know what to feed the damn cat. | 我我甚至不知道怎么喂猫 |
[18:38] | I don’t know how many times I can say I’m sorry. | 我不知道能够再说几次我很抱歉 |
[18:41] | I’m happy to do it again. Okay. | 我很乐意再做一次好的 |
[18:47] | That was the bureau chief from the Times. | 刚刚是《时代杂志》的社长 |
[18:49] | He wanted to know why his reporter walked three miles through a wheat field. | 他想知道为什么他的记者 需要走三里路穿过麦田 |
[18:53] | The president promised two minutes a person. | 总统答应一个人两分钟 |
[18:55] | -What number is he on? -Three. | -他是第几个人? -第三个 |
[19:04] | It’s Republican propaganda. | 这是共和党宣传技俩 |
[19:06] | We do this cap-gains tax cut, we’re congratulating the wealthy… | 我们要是同意资本收益减税 等于是向有钱人道贺 |
[19:09] | …for selling off their Renoirs. | 他们卖掉雷诺瓦名划 |
[19:11] | I don’t know, should we maybe be thinking about unemployment insurance? | 我不知道我们应该考虑失业保险吗? |
[19:14] | Blue Dogs think this would make us look pro small business. | 蓝狗民主党保守派觉得这能 让我们看起来比较亲小型企业 |
[19:17] | The GDP increase is a couple hundredths of one percent. | 国内生产毛额的成长是几百分之一 |
[19:21] | -Yeah. -lf Haffley successfully links the tax cut… | -是啊 -海夫立要是顺利将减税 |
[19:24] | …to the stimulus package, he’ll crush us through November. | 并到刺激经济计划上 会压制我们一直到十一月 |
[19:27] | November? How about until you turn out the lights. | 十一月?可能一直到你熄灯 |
[19:29] | How was the flight? | 旅途还好吗? |
[19:31] | Why can’t you hop a plane from La Guardia? | 为什么不能从勒瓜迪亚直接跳上飞机? |
[19:33] | Toby, you know Angela Blake. | 托比你认识安琪拉布莱克 |
[19:36] | I’m his biggest fan. | 我是他的仰慕者 |
[19:41] | You got briefed. Start talking. | 你看了简报开始说吧 |
[19:43] | We can pin Haffley on the long-term market impact of the cap-gains tax cut. | 我们可以就资本收益减税的 长期市场影响来压制海夫立 |
[19:47] | He’s got at least 20 Wall-Street Republicans in his conference. | 他在联盟内至少有20名以上 华尔街共和党员 |
[19:50] | Upward pressure of interest rates, asset sell-offs, decline in stock prices. | 利率上涨的压力、资产跌价 股价下跌 |
[19:54] | -That’s before we even get to the deficit. -Toby? | -这都还没提到亏空 -托比? |
[20:01] | You have to get Singer in with the president tonight. | 你今晚必须让辛尔与总统碰面 |
[20:04] | -Margaret. -I’ll do it. | -犸格丽特 -我会安排 |
[20:12] | -C.J. Cregg, please. -Put him in a room with Singer… | -请找茜洁葛瑞 -让他与辛尔同处一室 |
[20:14] | …and as many Blue Dogs as we can get. | 看民主党保守派的人能找多少算多少 |
[20:16] | -You on Air Force One? -Not so much. | -你在《空军一号》上吗? -还没 |
[20:20] | -You’re still on the ground? -Affirmative. | -还没登机? -没错 |
[20:25] | Put him on. | 把电话给他 |
[20:29] | -It’s Leo. -Thank you. There you go. | -是里奥 -谢谢给你 |
[20:33] | -Leo, we’re doing good work. -I’m sure you are. | -里奥我们在做好事 -我肯定你是 |
[20:37] | Your State Department briefing for the chancellor is in an hour… | 向总理发表的国务院简报 一小时内开始 |
[20:40] | …and I need you to sit with Singer about cap-gains tonight. | 我今晚需要你与辛尔开会讨论资本收益 |
[20:43] | Have Russell do it. There’s a memorial service in the morning. | 请罗素出席这里早上有追悼会 |
[20:47] | You’re meeting Chancellor Weissman in the morning. Sir, l– | 你早上要会见威斯曼总理 长官我 |
[20:57] | -What? -I think the president just went AWOL. | -怎么了? -我想总统刚刚给我不假外出 |
[21:08] | You need to get going. | 你该出发了 |
[21:13] | -What? -Your dinner. You’re gonna be late. | -什么? -你的晚餐你快迟到了 |
[21:16] | -Right. Any calls? -No. | -对有电话吗? -没有 |
[21:18] | Really? | 真的? |
[21:20] | -Yeah. -Come on. | -嗯 -少来 |
[21:22] | -Nothing. -Who? | -没有 -谁? |
[21:25] | Your mother. | 你妈妈 |
[21:29] | You have the G-8 memo for Leo? | 你有要给里奥的高峰会备忘录吗? |
[21:38] | -What are you doing tonight? -Wizards-Knicks, courtside. | -你今晚要干嘛? -看巫师队出战尼克队在场边 |
[21:41] | -No. -No. No? | -不 -不不? |
[21:52] | -Where you going? -Dinner with Wilcox. | -你要去哪? -跟威尔卡斯吃晚餐 |
[21:54] | -I’ll walk you. -Got something for Leo– | -我陪你走 -有东西给里奥 |
[21:56] | I’m gonna see him later, I’ll take it. | 我等会儿会见他我交给他 |
[22:04] | It’s the president’s G-8 itinerary. | 是总统的高峰会行程 |
[22:08] | I spent the afternoon with Scheduling and Advance. | 我花了下午的时间跟预备行程 安排人员一起排定 |
[22:13] | Anything I can do to help with Singer? | 辛尔方面有什么我可以帮忙的吗? |
[22:15] | -Yeah. -We started the cap-gains debate… | -有 -我们去年春天开始 |
[22:17] | …last spring, I have the Treasury analysis. | 资本收益的辨论我有财政分析 |
[22:19] | -Talking points. CBO numbers. -Okay. | -谈论重点国会预算数字 -好 |
[22:25] | I can– | 我可以 |
[22:31] | I can count on one hand the people I trust right now. | 我现在可以依赖我信任的人 |
[22:42] | -I walked seven miles from the church. -You did not. | -我从教堂走了七里路 -才没有 |
[22:45] | There’s five modems. We’re against deadlines. | 只有五台数据机 我们赶不上截稿时间 |
[22:49] | There’s a rumor that you did this on purpose. | -我会罩你 -谣传说你是故意这么做 |
[22:51] | You spontaneously changed the schedule so he’d seem compassionate. | 随意改变行程 让他看起来很有怜悯心 |
[22:55] | If I did this on purpose… | 如果我是故意的 |
[22:57] | …I’d spontaneously make sure I had extra clothes and a toothbrush. | 我还要确定有带多余的衣服和牙刷吗? |
[23:00] | -C.J.? -I promised this wouldn’t happen. | -茜洁? -我保证不会发生这种事 |
[23:02] | Advance is already working on rooms for the press, it’s fine. | 预备行程组已经在准备媒体的房间 没什么问题 |
[23:06] | -I promised. -The Harveys invited us to their place. | -我跟里奥保证过 -哈维邀请我们到他们的地方 |
[23:08] | -Who? -He lost his hardware store. | -谁? -五金店毁了的那个人 |
[23:10] | Here’s hoping there’s no felons in their family. | 希望他们家没有重罪犯 |
[23:13] | -He was talking about staying here. -In the gym? | -他提到要留在这里 -在体育馆? |
[23:16] | They’ll just set him up in a classroom. | 他们会帮他安排一间教室 |
[23:18] | I saw a “For Sale” sign down the street, maybe he’d just like to move in. | 我在街上有看到“吉屋出售” 或许他想要搬来这边 |
[23:22] | State moved the chancellor back to 1, but they can’t go any later. | 国务院把总理的时间调到1点 不能再晚 |
[23:25] | He’s got a speech in Augsburg Thursday morning. | 他星期四早上在奥古斯堡有演讲 |
[23:28] | Call Hutchinson’s office. We should meet early next week. | 打电话到杭奇森的办公室 约下星期初会面 |
[23:34] | Something going on at DOD? | 国防部出问题? |
[23:36] | Hutchinson decided to put himself in charge of Army Human Resources. | 杭奇森决定让自己负责陆军人力资源 |
[23:40] | -He’s interviewing generals. -That would explain why… | -他要面谈上将 -这可以解释为什么 |
[23:43] | …Murabayashi is asking to get to go on Meet the Press Sunday. | 村林要求上星期天的 《与新闻界会面》 |
[23:46] | Margaret! | 犸格丽特! |
[23:49] | I need Hutchinson tomorrow. | 我明天就要见杭奇森 |
[23:53] | Is Angela Blake taking over Legislative Affairs? | 安琪拉布莱克要接管立法事务吗? |
[23:58] | I just stopped Josh from wandering in here and finding his replacement. | 我刚刚阻止乔西走进来发现他的接替人 |
[24:01] | She’s not replacing him, he had too much work. | 她不是要接替他 他工作太多 |
[24:04] | -When were you planning on telling him? -In the morning. | -你打算什么时候告诉他? -早上 |
[24:06] | When were you planning on telling the rest of us? | 你打算什么时候告诉其他人? |
[24:11] | I’m trying to get through the week. | 先熬过这个礼拜再说吧 |
[24:14] | Angela was my number two at Labor, she’ll be up to speed in five minutes. | 安琪拉是我在劳工部的第二人选 她不到五分钟就可以进入状况 |
[24:18] | -I know you wanna do more. -So he screwed up. So what? | -我知道你想多帮一点 -他是搞砸了那又怎么样? |
[24:22] | We all have. Is this how it’s gonna be? | 我们都曾搞砸过 以后都要这样吗? |
[24:27] | The vice president’s here. | 副总统到了 |
[24:31] | -She gonna be in the budget negotiation? -She’s gonna lead them. | -她会参加预算协商吗? -由她主导 |
[24:52] | Josh. Hey, how you doing? | 乔西嗨你好吗? |
[24:54] | Art, good to see you. | 亚特很高兴见到你 |
[24:57] | -Things going okay? -Yeah. Yeah. Great. | -一切都还好吧? -好很好 |
[25:00] | Good. You wanna join us while you’re waiting? | 很好你要在等人的时候 加入我们吗? |
[25:04] | -No. No, I just got here early. -Good. | -不不了我提早到 -好 |
[25:08] | Well, glad you’re doing all right. | 很高兴知道你还好 |
[25:11] | Yeah, yeah. Doing great. It’s good to see you, Art. | 是啊还不错 很高兴见到你亚特 |
[25:20] | Morton’s. | 摩顿餐厅 |
[25:23] | Mr. Lyman is already seated. | 赖曼先生已就坐 |
[25:34] | Obi-Wan. | 欧比王大师 |
[25:36] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[25:41] | Wilcox is running late. | 威尔卡斯迟到了 |
[25:44] | No, sorry. He’s not coming. | 没有不好意思他不来了 |
[25:48] | He just called the restaurant. | 他刚打给餐厅 |
[25:51] | Donna sent you? | 唐娜派你来的? |
[25:55] | Just in case. | 以防万一 |
[25:57] | What’s good? | 有什么好吃的? |
[26:01] | We have a languishing economy. | 我们的经济日趋衰弱 |
[26:03] | So full of social-welfare programs its belly’s dragging the ground. | 有一大堆社会福利计划拖着地走 |
[26:07] | Giving kickbacks to the wealthy isn’t creating wealth, it’s just kickbacks. | 回馈给有钱人并不是在创造财富 而只是让有钱人拿回扣而已 |
[26:11] | Keep taxing capital at 15 percent… | 把资本的税收保持在百分之15 |
[26:13] | …you are encouraging people to stash assets under their mattresses. | 等于是鼓励人民把资产堆积在床下 |
[26:17] | You cut the taxes, people will sell their investments. | 只要减税民众就会转卖投资 |
[26:20] | -Flooding the market. -That flood only washes up 100 million… | -充斥市场 -以我们2万亿的预算来看 |
[26:23] | …in terms of our $2 trillion budget. That’s like a rounding error in the OMB. | 这也只能冲刷掉1亿 就跟预算局中的舍入误差没两样 |
[26:27] | Excuse me, Toby. If I may. | 不好意思托比容我发言 |
[26:30] | You’re right, congressman. If we lower cap-gain taxes… | 你说的没错议员 假如我们减低资本收益税收 |
[26:33] | …we reward small businesses who took risks for the economy. | 可以使冒着经济风险的小型企业受益 |
[26:36] | I’d be the first to pat them on the back. | 而我会是第一个替他们大声叫好的人 |
[26:38] | But the speaker is trying to “propulgate” a tax bill onto an appropriations package. | 可是议长打算将税收案“播入” 拨款审理案上 |
[26:43] | If we start allowing that, we’re never going to get budgets passed. | 如果我们开始容许这么做 就永远不可能通过预算 |
[26:50] | You’re saying the administration would support a tax cut… | 你的意思是说如果税收与预算分开 |
[26:53] | -…if it were separate from the budget? -We’re sure not gonna discuss it… | -内阁就会支持减税? -在税收还是附在拨款审理案上 |
[26:57] | …while it’s attached to appropriations. | 我们肯定是不会商讨的 |
[27:02] | Maybe we should wait for the president to join us before we continue. | 或许我们应该等总统一起加入再继续 |
[27:06] | The president considers this vote a priority, Nate. | 总统认为这次投票是最高优先奈特 |
[27:08] | I’m relieved. I’d hate to be the next rung down on his to-do list. | 我松了一口气我可不想 变成他的下个待处理的人 |
[27:14] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[27:19] | Find the president. | 联络总统 |
[27:21] | The Albanians are declaring war. | 阿尔巴尼亚人正在宣战 |
[27:23] | Albania’s foreign minister’s calling the flag-raising on Croxys an act of war. | 阿尔巴尼亚的外交部长 把在克洛西岛上升旗当作是一种宣战 |
[27:28] | So the Greek president ordered his navy to surround and defend the island. | 所以希腊总统命令他的海军 包围并防御该岛 |
[27:31] | -You’re kidding. -Albania’s prepping to dispatch their fleet. | -你在开玩笑 -阿尔巴尼亚人正准备发出他们的舰队 |
[27:35] | The Albanians have a fleet? | 阿尔巴尼亚人有舰队? |
[27:37] | Some old torpedo boats and a few mine sweepers, yeah. | 一些老旧的水雷船 还有几艘扫雷挺是的 |
[27:39] | What’s the importance of this, it’s a rock, isn’t it? | 这重点在哪里为了庇护不是吗? |
[27:42] | -Used for grazing goats. -The president. | -用来放羊吃草 -总统 |
[27:44] | It’s a rock, general. Not a war. | 是庇护上将不是战争 |
[27:46] | President Ismaili and President Giannakos can get in a room and be big boys. | 伊斯梅利总统和吉安纳可总统 应该像个男人坐下来谈 |
[27:53] | -Mr. President. -Were you able to move the chancellor? | -总统先生 -你有办法改总理的时间吗? |
[27:55] | Only two hours. | 只能两个小时 |
[27:57] | Singer and the Blue Dogs need to talk to you. I need you to get back– | 辛尔和他的联盟需要跟你谈 我需要你回府 |
[28:01] | You know when you hear that a tornado has uprooted a tree? I saw it. | 你有听到那场龙卷风连根拔起 一棵树吗?我亲眼目睹了 |
[28:05] | Sixty feet of roots from a bur oak, yanked right out of the ground. | 大果栎六尺深的树根 直接被拉扯出地面 |
[28:09] | I talked to this guy who flew B-29s in Korea… | 我跟一个在韩战飞B29的人交谈 |
[28:12] | …and made it back without so much as a split lip. | 他几乎毫发无伤地还乡归来 |
[28:15] | Yesterday, his legs were crushed by a chest of drawers while he was sleeping. | 昨天他在睡觉时 脚被衣柜的抽屉压碎 |
[28:18] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[28:22] | -We’ll be happy to have you back, sir. -I’ll see you tomorrow, Leo. | -我们会很高兴见您回府长官 -明天见里奥 |
[29:24] | Hello. | 哈啰 |
[29:27] | Need any help? | 需要帮忙吗? |
[29:31] | No, thank you, sir. I’m almost done. | 不用谢谢长官快弄好了 |
[29:33] | I’m pretty good with a scouring pad. | 我很会洗碗盘 |
[29:35] | That would just be embarrassing for both of us, Mr. President. | 那只会令我们双方都难为情而已 总统先生 |
[29:41] | -You’re with the Red Cross? -I’m a volunteer. | -你是红十字的? -我是志工 |
[29:44] | -And I drive a school bus for the district. -That must be very rewarding. | -我平时开校车 -那一定很值得 |
[29:50] | Getting to know all the children, watching them grow. | 可以认识所有的孩子们 看他们长大 |
[29:57] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[30:00] | I lost four kids on my route yesterday. | 昨天我载的四个小孩都不幸罹难了 |
[30:06] | At first you just– | 刚开始你 |
[30:08] | You’re just glad it’s not your kids. | 你只是很庆幸那不是你的小孩 |
[30:12] | But you gotta wonder… | 但却不得不猜疑 |
[30:15] | …what kind of a God would do such a terrible thing? | 什么样的上帝会做这样可怕的事? |
[30:21] | We go to church every Sunday. | 我们每个星期天都上教堂 |
[30:25] | We try to do the right thing. | 我们努力做好事 |
[30:29] | What kind of a plan could this possibly be? | 这到底是什么样的一种安排? |
[30:54] | Why do you call Democrats who usually vote with the Republicans “Blue Dogs”? | 为什么要叫与共和党员同边投票的 民主党员“蓝狗”? |
[31:01] | You didn’t have to stay and eat dinner with me… | 你大可不必留下来跟我同进晚餐 |
[31:04] | …to keep me from looking pathetic. | 让我不至于太悲哀 |
[31:06] | I was hungry. | 我肚子饿 |
[31:12] | Hey, pull over would you? | 嘿靠路边停可以吗? |
[31:17] | -What are you–? -Hang on a second. | -你要? -等等 |
[31:24] | Hey, you want a piece of me? | 嘿你要整我吗? |
[31:28] | I’m right here! I’m standing right here, come on! Come on! | 我在这里!我就站在这里 来啊!来啊! |
[32:04] | You’re in early. | 你早到了 |
[32:07] | -So are we okay? -Sure. | -我们之间没事吧? -当然 |
[32:10] | I thought you might still be mad about last year at the Kennedy school forum. | 我以为你可能还在气 去年肯尼迪学校论坛的事 |
[32:14] | They laugh at anything. I know, because I’m not funny. | 随便讲什么他们都会笑 我知道因为我不好笑 |
[32:17] | Not really, no. | 没有 |
[32:20] | So, what time’s senior staff? | 那资深幕僚会议是几点? |
[32:22] | -Seven-thirty. -See you there. | -七点三十分 -到时见 |
[32:26] | Donna called. He’s just now coming in the northwest gate. | 唐娜刚打电话来 他现在正要进西北门 |
[32:30] | -Toby in yet? -Eat white food. | -托比进办公室了吗? -吃白色食品 |
[32:33] | -I’m okay. -Like cottage cheese. | -我没事 -像是干酪 |
[32:35] | I’m okay. It’s just a headache. | 我没事只是头痛 |
[32:37] | You’re not, or you wouldn’t scream at… | 才怪不然你才不会半夜一点 |
[32:39] | -…a building at 1:00 in the morning. -I was looking for you. How’d it go? | -在白宫前面大叫 -我正要找你怎么样了? |
[32:43] | -What? -Last night. | -什么? -昨天晚上 |
[32:52] | Come on. Angela Blake?! | 拜托安琪拉布莱克? |
[32:57] | I don’t mind he walked into a propeller… | 我不介意他成为推动者 |
[33:00] | …although I’m pretty sure there’s no such word as “propulgate. “ | 不过我很肯定没有“播入”这种字 |
[33:03] | Maybe he meant propagate. Or promulgate. | 他可能是指扩展或公布 |
[33:06] | You put the VP in a room with a guy winding up to swing at the president. | 你把副总统跟最后要与总统过招的人 放到同一个房间 |
[33:10] | He took the shot. But he’s not happy about it. | 他抓住机会 但是他不怎么高兴 |
[33:12] | -You need to talk to him. -Leo. | -你需要跟他谈谈 -里奥 |
[33:14] | -There’s a situation. -You’re gonna be good at this job. | -有状况 -那种工作你可以胜任 |
[33:19] | The secretary of state called. He heard there’s a problem… | 州务来电 他听说总统 |
[33:22] | …with the president getting back in time and wanted to remind you… | 没办法即时返府 所以想提醒你 |
[33:25] | -…in emphatic terms– -He said that, “emphatic terms”? | -是用强调的语气 -他说“重话”? |
[33:28] | –that the chancellor only accepted our invitation to come to Washington… | 总理是因为“经过无数的提案” “和两个月费力的协商” |
[33:32] | … “after numerous overtures and two months of painstaking negotiations. “ | 才同意接受我们的邀请来到华盛顿 |
[33:36] | Really? Thank him for me. | 是吗?帮我道声谢 |
[33:37] | I’d almost forgotten the 200 calls I had to make to Berlin. | 我差点忘了那200通 打给柏林的电话 |
[33:42] | Oh, dear God, not the goats again. Margaret! | 喔老天爷 不会又是山羊的事吧犸格丽特! |
[33:46] | Ismaili refuses to discuss a peaceful resolution to the Croxys dispute. | 伊斯马利拒绝商讨一个和平的方案 来解决克洛西之争 |
[33:50] | Let Josh know I need to see him before senior staff. | 告诉乔西我需要在资深幕僚会议前 见他一面 |
[33:52] | Ismaili wants Bartlet to broker a deal. | 伊斯马利希望巴特勒代理促成交易 |
[33:54] | What do they want, shared custody of goats? | 他们要什么共享山羊的监护权? |
[33:57] | The president isn’t a marriage counselor or a shepherd for that matter. | 总统不是婚姻谘询家 也不是牧羊人 |
[34:00] | We’re trying to avoid a missile launch… | 我们是设法阻止漂在爱奥尼亚海中 |
[34:02] | …from one of the nine warships floating around in the lonian Sea. | 九艘军舰的其中一艘发射飞弹 |
[34:06] | Margaret! | 犸格丽特! |
[34:08] | -Find C.J. -Again? | -联络茜洁 -又要了? |
[34:15] | I should have never gotten out of bed this morning. | 我今天早上应该留在床上的 |
[34:17] | The president could light the peace candle during the prayer. | 总统可以在祈祷中点亮和平蜡烛 |
[34:23] | -Could he lead the prayer? -The governor could take… | -他可以带领祈祷吗? -州长可以完成 |
[34:26] | -…the benediction and opening greetings. -Fine. | -降福和开场白 -好 |
[34:28] | Governor Wade will arrive, and then the president will enter– | 伍德州长会到场 然后总统会进入 |
[34:32] | The president has to be first. | 总统必须先上台 |
[34:33] | People want to see the governor first. She’s a familiar, comforting face to them. | 民众希望先看到州长 她对他们来说是比较熟悉安慰的面孔 |
[34:37] | I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the president has a recognizable face. | 这我要公开反对 总统也有一张大家熟悉的面孔 |
[34:41] | -Excuse me. Yeah. -I’m dying here. What time are you back? | -不好意思是 -我快死了你们什么时候回府? |
[34:45] | The memorial service is scheduled to start around 10. | 追悼会预定在10点左右开始 |
[34:48] | -Ten? -It was supposed to start earlier… | -十点? -本来是要早点开始 |
[34:50] | …but people are driving from other– | 可是民众是从 |
[34:52] | What am I supposed to tell the Germans? | 那我要怎么跟德国佬解释? |
[34:55] | Don’t charge them for headphones and give them extra peanuts? | 耳机免费再多给他们一些花生? |
[34:58] | Was that supposed to be funny? | 你觉得这好笑吗? |
[35:00] | What do you want, Leo? | 你要怎样里奥? |
[35:01] | I’ve got a cap-gains tax cut tacked onto an appropriations bill… | 我有个资本收益减税 凑到拨款审理案上 |
[35:05] | …two Bronze Age civilizations threatening to blow each other up over some goats… | 两个青铜器时代的文明社会威胁 要为了几只山羊彼此轰炸 |
[35:09] | …and a major ally that’ll be in the lobby… | 还有个重要的盟友 |
[35:11] | …leafing through dog-eared magazines while the president is singing “Kumbaya. “ | 在总统正唱着福音歌的时候 会在大厅里翻阅破旧的杂志 |
[35:16] | I want the president back here now, C.J. | 我要总统现在就回来茜洁 |
[35:19] | This was your idea. Fix it. | 这是你的主意你要解决 |
[35:27] | -You wanted to see me? -Yeah, come on in. | -你要见我? -对进来 |
[35:29] | I don’t know where we’re at on capital gains, but I was thinking about Boeing. | 我不清楚我们资本收益的立场 不过我想到波音公司的情况 |
[35:34] | -lf we flip– -Josh. | -如果我们发飚 -乔西 |
[35:36] | Haffley would amputate his own leg before… | 海夫立在拿斧头防卫之前 |
[35:38] | -…he’d take an ax to a defense– -You gotta stop, Josh. | -会先截断他自己的脚 -你得住口乔西 |
[35:43] | When were you gonna tell me about Angela Blake? | 你什么时候才要告诉我 安琪拉布莱克的事? |
[35:47] | Right now. | 现在 |
[35:51] | She’s a fundraiser, Leo. | 她是个筹款人里奥 |
[35:52] | -Doesn’t know the Hill– -Josh. | -她不知道国会山庄 -乔西 |
[35:54] | You tried to humiliate Carrick in his state and failed to the tune of a party switch. | 你试图在凯瑞克自己的州污辱他 而且没办法调整政党转移 |
[35:59] | You think it ends with the leadership? | 你觉得这样还够格领导吗? |
[36:02] | You can’t believe the calls I’m getting from DNC membership. | 你不会相信我从民主党全国委员会 那边接到的电话 |
[36:05] | State party chairs. No one wants you here. | 州党主席没有人希望你留下来 |
[36:14] | You’re gonna be late for senior staff. | 你资深幕僚会议快迟到了 |
[36:22] | -He in there? -Working on his remarks. | -他在里面吗? -练习他的演讲稿 |
[36:28] | Excuse me, Mr. President. | 不好意思总统先生 |
[36:30] | I’m trying to remember a quote from Isaiah. | 我在想以赛亚中的一段引言 |
[36:33] | I should call Toby. Everything ready for the memorial? | 我应该打给托比 追悼会准备好了吗? |
[36:36] | We’re working on if you or the governor arrives first. | 我们在决定是您还是州长先上台 |
[36:39] | We’re the guests, whatever she wants is fine. | 我们是客人她想怎么样都可以 |
[36:41] | -No, sir, you must walk in first. -lf Wade is gonna get bothered– | -不长官您必须先上台 -要是伍德觉得困扰 |
[36:45] | I need you to walk in first. I need you to know that you walk in first. | 我要您先上台我要您知道您先上台 |
[36:51] | I’m sorry. We need to go back to Washington. | 抱歉我们必须回华盛顿 |
[36:54] | -After the service. -No, sir. We need to go back now. | -追悼会后 -不长官我们现在就得回去 |
[36:57] | Leo needs you to meet with Singer and the Blue Dogs, the chancellor is waiting… | 里奥需要您与辛尔和民主党保守派会面 总理正在等您 |
[37:01] | …and there’s some war between ancient civilizations. | 还有古文明社会之间的一些战争 |
[37:04] | -These people need me. -No, sir, they don’t. | -这些人需要我 -不长官他们不需要 |
[37:07] | Maybe they did yesterday, but they need their town back. | 昨天或许是 可是他们现在需要的是重建他们的镇 |
[37:10] | They need the police working, not clearing roads for your motorcade. | 他们需要警察回去工作 而不是为您的车队清路 |
[37:13] | They need the 50 motel rooms we took for people who lost their homes. | 他们需要将我们占用的那50间 旅馆房间给没家的人 |
[37:16] | They need you in Washington, running things… | 他们需要你回华盛顿处理一些事情 |
[37:19] | …and creating jobs that will help pay the taxes… | 并制造一些工作机会 可以帮助支付课税 |
[37:22] | …to support disaster relief and rebuilding. | 来支持救灾和重建 |
[37:25] | What are we doing here, sir? | 我们在这里干嘛长官? |
[37:41] | -Secretary Hutchinson’s here. -Yeah. | -杭奇森部长到了 -好 |
[37:48] | Any idea why General McClain might be flying in from Oslo next week? | 你知道麦肯连上将下星期要从 奥斯陆飞来是为什么吗? |
[37:52] | Look, Leo, I understand Alexander’s not happy about– | 听着里奥我知道亚历山大 不太高兴 |
[37:55] | There’s a command structure. We have procedures. | 你不知道有指挥结构吗? 我们有程序要遵循 |
[37:59] | I’m trying to transform a military establishment that hates change. | 我试图使一个憎恨改变的军事组织转型 |
[38:03] | It’s a new world. We face a new enemy. We need new thinking. | 这是一个新世界我们面临着新的敌人 我们需要新思考方向 |
[38:06] | Speed, flexibility, rapid deployment. | 速度、弹性、迅速部署 |
[38:08] | Air Force One, wheels up 10 minutes ago. | 《空军一号》10分钟前起飞 |
[38:11] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[38:15] | We agree. We need to modernize. | 我们同意我们需要现代化 |
[38:17] | But we also have to have unbiased military advice. | 可是我们也必须有公平的军事指示 |
[38:20] | So I’m gonna need you to stop undermining Alexander… | 所以我要你停止暗中破坏亚历山大 |
[38:23] | …and cancel these interviews. | 并且取消那些面谈 |
[38:25] | You start handing out stars… | 你开始掌控有星阶级 |
[38:27] | …those generals aren’t gonna tell you anything you don’t wanna hear. | 那些上将是不会跟你说你不想听的话 |
[38:47] | -You wanted to see me? -Give us a minute will you, Charlie? | -你想见我? -可以给我们一点时间吗查理? |
[38:58] | -Are we having a problem? -No, sir. | -我们之间有问题吗? -没有长官 |
[39:03] | I feel as if I did more good in the last 24 hours than in the last 6 months. | 我感觉我在过去24个小时内 做的好事比在过去6个月内多 |
[39:08] | Yes, sir. | 是的长官 |
[39:10] | You resent me taking a few extra hours to console grieving people? | 你在气我多花了几个小时的时间 慰问经历悲痛的人吗? |
[39:18] | I’m asking you a direct question, C.J. | 我在问你直接的问题茜洁 |
[39:22] | Honestly, sir? | 老实说吗长官? |
[39:23] | I resent you ignoring the responsibilities of your office. | 我气您忽略您的政务职责 |
[39:26] | If you wanna touch people, teach math in East St. Louis after your term expires. | 如果您想要接触人群 可以在卸任后到东圣路易教数学 |
[39:34] | So you think my staying longer was some sort of personal indulgence? | 所以你认为我的久留 是我个人骄纵? |
[39:38] | I think it’s been a difficult time for you, sir. For all of us. | 我认为对你对我们大家 都是艰难时期 |
[39:41] | What’s this really about, C.J.? | 到底是怎么回事茜洁? |
[39:45] | I understand there was no time, sir. | 我了解根本没有多余时间长官 |
[39:48] | I can’t imagine what it was like. I don’t have kids. | 我没有小孩我无法想像 |
[39:51] | It’s like I knew who I was. Then I woke up one morning and didn’t have a clue. | 就像我知道我是谁然后有天早上起床 变得完全失忆 |
[39:55] | I understand, sir, but I need more. | 我了解长官但是我要的更多 |
[39:58] | You’re the president of the United States. | 你是美国总统 |
[40:01] | My president. | 我的总统 |
[40:03] | I’m frightened. We’re all frightened. This is– | 我很害怕我们全都在害怕这是 |
[40:08] | The world is too dangerous now, unpredictable. I need you back. | 现在这个世界太危险了 无法预测我需要你回来 |
[40:12] | I need you to lead. | 我需要你来领导 |
[40:24] | Is there anything else, Mr. President? | 还有其他事情吗总统先生? |
[40:40] | Jeanine. | 吉妮 |
[40:43] | What? | 什么? |
[40:45] | It’s the name of my boat. Jeanine. | 我取的船名《吉妮号》 |
[40:51] | Who’s Jeanine? | 谁是吉妮? |
[40:54] | Wanna grab some lunch? | 要一起吃午餐吗? |
[40:56] | No. Thanks. | 不谢了 |
[40:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:04] | You need anything? | 你需要什么吗? |
[41:06] | On my home machine, I have 52 “Hang in there” messages. | 我家里的答录机有 52个“撑下去”的留言 |
[41:11] | One from a headhunter wondering if I’m interested in going to the private sector. | 其中一个是职业介绍所 问我有没有兴趣转到私人机构 |
[41:16] | Are you? | 你有兴趣吗? |
[41:19] | -What’s that? -It’s my “What a shame” folder. | -那是什么? -我的“遗憾”文件夹 |
[41:23] | All the stuff we never have time for. | 所有我们没有时间处理的东西 |
[41:25] | The stuff we thought we’d fix when we got here, but we never did. | 我们到这里之后以为会修正 却一直没有着手的东西 |
[41:32] | Foreign-adoption policies, hybrid-energy partnerships… | 外国人收养政策 混合能源合伙 |
[41:37] | …extending the roadless conservation plan. | 扩充无道路水土保持计划 |
[41:40] | Okay, this one’s not a shame, I just didn’t want to deal with it. | 喔这份不是遗憾 是我不想处理 |
[41:43] | Funding special education for kids with disabilities. | 筹措残障儿童的特殊教育基金 |
[41:49] | Ammunition control. What’s a gun without bullets? | 军火控制 没有子弹的枪是什么? |
[41:52] | 21st Century Teacher Corps. We’ve got all those baby-boomer teachers retiring. | 21世纪教师团体 我们有一大堆婴儿潮的退休教师 |
[41:58] | Mentor programming…. | 辅导教师计划 |