时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[00:37] | Please, tell President Lassiter I’ll call him back. I’m late as it is. | 请告知拉席特总统 我会回电给他我已经迟到了 |
[00:41] | I know he called before. | 我知道他之前有来电过 |
[00:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[00:51] | Mr. President, you forgot Kevin Barkovsky. | 总统先生您忘了凯文巴可夫斯基 |
[00:53] | – I’m sure I did. – He’s been waiting. | -我想我可能忘了 -他一直在等候 |
[00:55] | – Who is he? – Candidate to paint your official portrait. | -他是谁呢? -划制您的正式肖像的人选之一 |
[00:58] | It’s a put-up job, Charlie, a conspiracy. | 这是个圈套查理是密谋 |
[01:01] | Official presidential portraits aren’t official. It’s Abbey who wants it. | 正式总统肖像是从不正式的 这是艾碧要的 |
[01:05] | – Send Mr. Barkovsky on his way. – Every president has one. | -请巴可夫斯基先生回去 -每一位总统都有 |
[01:08] | I’m not sitting for any portrait unless you dig up Gilbert Stuart. | 除非你让吉柏史都华复活 否则我是不会坐下让你划肖像的 |
[01:12] | – Who did Lincoln? – I have no idea. | -谁划林肯的? -我不知道 |
[01:13] | When you think of Lincoln, you think of the photographs. | 当你想到林肯你就会想到照片 |
[01:16] | Particularly that last one, where the plate broke. Fifty-six, he looked ancient. | 尤其是最后一幅就是划板坏掉那幅 56岁他看起来好老 |
[01:20] | It’s Leo. | 是里奥 |
[01:26] | – I’m late. – General Alexander is waiting in the Oval. | -我迟到了 -亚历山大将军在总统办公室等着 |
[01:29] | – I should have brought my tie. – We’ve got a situation. | -我应该要带领带来的 -发生状况了 |
[01:34] | Of course we do. | 我们当然是 |
[01:37] | General, you have a tie? | 将军你有领带吗? |
[01:39] | Mr. President, several hours ago protesters began gathering in Riyadh… | 总统先生七小时之前 示威群众开始在利雅德聚集 |
[01:43] | …calling for free speech, press and popular elections. | 要求言论自由、媒体自由 以及直接选举 |
[01:49] | It’s in the streets. Maybe a thousand. Midnight over there, and it’s still growing. | 在街上大约有一千名 那边现在是半夜人潮还在增加 |
[01:53] | Who’s leading the protest? | 谁在带领抗争呢? |
[01:55] | We don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[01:57] | State’s calling the embassy, waking everyone up. | 国务院已经打电话给领事馆 叫醒了每个人 |
[02:00] | One thing’s clear, Mr. President: In Riyadh, this has never happened before. | 有一件事很明确总统先生 这种事在利雅德从未发生过 |
[02:07] | Leo? | 里奥? |
[02:09] | Free speech is good. | 言论自由是好事 |
[02:11] | Free-for-all for a quarter of the world’s oil reserves… | 世界四分之一石油储存区 都可以自由地 |
[02:14] | …laced with rabid anti-American sentiment…. | 加上疯狂的反美情绪 |
[02:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:18] | Ten-hut. | 敬礼 |
[03:20] | – Gentlemen. – Sir. | -各位好 -长官好 |
[03:23] | Please. Did you reach Secretary Berryhill? | 请有找到国务贝瑞希尔吗? |
[03:26] | Sir, he’s in Tokyo. He’d like to fly to Jordan to monitor the situation. | 长官他在东京 他想要飞到约旦去监控状况 |
[03:30] | Good. General? | 很好将军? |
[03:32] | The number seems now to be several thousand… | 人数好像上升到数千人 |
[03:35] | …primarily students and young clerics. | 主要是学生跟圣职人员 |
[03:37] | They’re using anti-American rhetoric, yet demanding democratic reforms. | 他们使用反美辞令 但却要求民主改革 |
[03:41] | – Are they armed? – CNN’s reporting they’re not. | -他们有武装吗? -有线新闻网报导他们并没有 |
[03:44] | Do we have any real intelligence on these people? | 我们有针对这些人的真实情报吗? |
[03:48] | Our intel in Riyadh is only slightly better than in the rest of the Middle East. | 我们在对利雅德的情报只比 对中东其他地区好一点而已 |
[03:52] | – Which is to say lousy. – Sir, the good news is…at the moment | -换句话说就是很差劲 -长官好消息是 |
[03:55] | …the Saudis are very concerned with their image in the West. | 沙乌地人非常在意他们 在西方世界的形象 |
[03:58] | If the demonstrations remain nonviolent… | 只要维持和平示威就好 |
[04:00] | We have time before they start breaking legs? | 在他们造成伤害之前我们还有时间吗? |
[04:02] | Public beheadings are more their style. | 公开砍头酷刑比较像是他们的风格 |
[04:05] | It will give us a chance to establish contact with the leaders of the protest. | 这给了我们跟示威者领导接触的机会 |
[04:09] | – If they are democratic… – I don’t need to remind you… | -如果他们是民主 -不需提醒你必然了解 |
[04:12] | …that chaos on the Arabian peninsula could destabilize the entire Middle East. | 阿拉伯半岛上的混乱可能 使整个中东都震荡起来 |
[04:16] | Throw the global economy into crisis. | 将全球经济陷入危机 |
[04:18] | If it’s a Trojan horse for a fundamentalist coup… | 如果这是基本教义派政变的 特洛伊木马 |
[04:21] | – We’d better start buying hybrids. – And gas masks. | -我们最好赶快去买油电混合车 -还有防毒面具 |
[04:24] | – Mr. President, the devil you know… – Is one I’m pretty tired of dancing with. | -总统先生您认识的恶魔 -是我疲于共舞的恶魔 |
[04:28] | Get me better intelligence. | 给我更好用的情报 |
[04:29] | And, Leo, let’s get the ambassador in here first thing. | 还有里奥 我们先将大使先生找过来 |
[04:33] | – Thanks, everybody. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢各位 -谢谢您总统先生 |
[04:35] | You want the latest on Riyadh? So do I. We can watch CNN together. | 需要利雅德最新消息吗?我也是 我们可以一起看有线电视新闻 |
[04:39] | C.J., any update on former President Lassiter’s condition? | 茜洁有任何前总统拉席特的消息吗? |
[04:42] | Lassiter is recovering nicely from the operation. | 拉席特正从手术中逐渐复原 |
[04:44] | If I took as many trips as he does, I’d have to get my hip replaced as well. | 如果我跟他一样出访如此频繁 我也会需要更换髋关节的 |
[04:48] | Now, let me see if I can answer the rest of your questions so I can get dressed. | 现在看我能不能回答其他问题 然后赶快换好衣服 |
[04:52] | The president will attend the gala at Ford’s Theater tonight. | 因为总统今晚会莅临福特剧院的庆典 |
[04:56] | Yes, it’s where Lincoln was shot. | 是的那就是林肯遇刺的地点 |
[04:57] | We’re expecting the president’s Lincolnalia to be in rare form. | 我们相信总统有少见的林肯轶闻 |
[05:01] | Yes, the bad jokes can start now, and that means I can’t call on…. | 是的冷笑话可以开始了 也就是说我不能 |
[05:04] | See, I told you we were done. | 瞧我告诉过你我们结束了 |
[05:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:08] | A source in the Pentagon says the military is funding mind-control experiments. | 五角大厦消息来源指出军方资助一些 控制心智的实验 |
[05:12] | – Mind control? Who are you? – Randal Fierstin, Backslash Magazine. | -控制心智?你是谁啊? -蓝道菲斯丁《删除杂志》 |
[05:16] | Backslash Magazine? Oh, come on. | 《删除杂志》?喔拜托 |
[05:18] | – Who let you in here? – I have a source. Two, in fact. | -谁让你进来这里的? -我有个情报事实上是两个 |
[05:21] | Randal, I meant bad jokes about Ford’s Theater. | 蓝道我是在说福特剧院的冷笑话 |
[05:24] | So the White House has no comment. | 所以白宫没有评论 |
[05:26] | The White House in this dimension? | 白宫在这方面吗? |
[05:29] | Backslash Magazine. You’re dressed and ready to go. | 《删除杂志》 你已经穿好可出发了 |
[05:32] | – This is true. – I’m not. | -对的 -我没有 |
[05:33] | -Also true. -Is there a reason you’re following me? | -也是对的 -你跟踪我有任何原因吗? |
[05:36] | – Do I need one? – You’re avoiding the president. | -我需要有理由吗? -你在逃避总统 |
[05:38] | – Yeah. – I don’t have to go, do I? | -是的 -我不需要去不是吗? |
[05:40] | -Into the valley of death rode the 600. -That’s helpful. | -进入死亡之谷 -非常有帮助 |
[05:43] | What do you know about mind-control experiments? | 你对心智控制实验知道有多少呢? |
[05:46] | – MK-ULTRA. – Excuse me? | -超MK计划 -什么? |
[05:47] | In the ’50s, it was the CIA mind-control research program… | 中情局在五零年代有 |
[05:50] | …begun in response to the Chinese attempt on U.S. prisoners. | 心智控制研究计划 由中国人测试美国犯人而开始 |
[05:54] | – Like The Manchurian Candidate. – Like what’s gonna happen tonight. | -就像《满州候选人》一样 -就像今晚会发生的事一样 |
[05:57] | You’re ready too. | 你也准备好要走了 |
[05:59] | – It’s a far, far better thing I do…. – Maybe it’ll be different this year. | -那是我最最拿手的事 -或许今年会有所不同 |
[06:02] | – No. – But it’s long gone, yes? | -不会 -但是已经早就结束了对吗? |
[06:05] | Mind control? | 心智控制吗? |
[06:07] | It worked on Freddie Briggs when I was 16. | 当我16岁的时候 对弗迪贝格还有效 |
[06:10] | – Freddie Briggs? – He was my first. Was he my first? | -弗迪贝格? -他是我第一个是我第一个吗? |
[06:13] | – Sixteen? – I’m the only one who’s not dressed? | -16岁? -我是唯一还没有穿好的人吗? |
[06:16] | – Was your dress stolen? – No. | -你的衣服被偷了吗? -没有 |
[06:17] | – The copy of the Bill of Rights was stolen. – There are copies around? | -人权法案才是被偷了 -还有一些副本吗? |
[06:21] | George Washington sent copies to each of the 13 original colonies. | 乔治华盛顿送了一些副本 给13个原始的殖民地 |
[06:24] | North Carolina’s got snatched at the end of the Civil War. | 北卡州的在内战结束后被夺走了 |
[06:28] | – Scintillating. – The soldier was from Connecticut. | -高招 -那个士兵是来自于康迪克州 |
[06:30] | – Josh is from Connecticut. – That’s right. | -乔西是康州人 -没错 |
[06:33] | Go Whalers. Not a ton to get excited about in the Nutmeg State. | 捕鲸人加油 在肉豆蔻之州是不会感到兴奋的 |
[06:36] | The FBI seized it, both states claim ownership, the case is in federal court. | 联邦调查局没收了两个州都宣称 所有权案件目前正在联邦法院 |
[06:40] | – Didn’t North Carolina steal the Whalers? – People are going crazy. | -北卡不是有偷捕鲸人的吗? -人民都疯狂了 |
[06:44] | The president’s appearing in Raleigh next week. They’re handing out fliers. | 总统下星期要到北卡首府洛利 他们在发传单 |
[06:47] | Okay. Who’s on it at the AG’s office? | 好的司法部长办公室有谁在处理? |
[06:50] | – That would be Freddie Briggs. – No. | -是弗迪贝格 -不会吧 |
[06:52] | No, but I had you. | 不是但是我吓到你了 |
[06:55] | Sixteen. | 16岁 |
[06:57] | … the Persian Gulf, Southeast Asia and Japan are major consumers of Saudi oil. | 波斯湾、东南亚还有日本是 沙乌地阿拉伯石油的主要客户 |
[07:02] | In a single-world market, a price of oil would be 260 billion barrels of oil. | 在单一市场中 油价就是2千6百亿桶的油 |
[07:07] | It’s the epicenter of the world economy. | 那是世界经济的集中点 |
[07:09] | A civil war, a fanatical new regime. These could imperil our very way of life. | 内战或是狂热的新政权 这些都会危及我们的生活方式 |
[07:14] | – Yeah, no kidding. – Oh, Toby! | -是啊还不是开玩笑的 -喔托比! |
[07:17] | – Yeah? – Was there something you wanted? | -怎样? -有任何东西你想要吗? |
[07:19] | World peace? | 世界和平吗? |
[07:21] | Go hide from the president somewhere else. | 去别的地方躲总统吧 |
[07:25] | Out! | 出去! |
[07:32] | Waiting for your date? | 在等你的约会对象吗? |
[07:34] | – She’s late. Go figure. – When you start dating younger women… | -她迟到了你说咧 -当你开始跟年轻女性约会 |
[07:37] | I hear you’re old enough to be her father. | 我听说你的年纪可以当她爸了 |
[07:40] | Al Jazeera’s reporting 10,000 in the streets… | 艾尔札吉拉报告有一万人在街上 |
[07:42] | …and protests now in Jiddah, Burydah, Rafha. | 而且示威已经扩散到吉达 布瑞达还有拉法 |
[07:46] | – State find out anything? – They’re digging. | -国务院有查出任何东西吗? -还在深入调查中 |
[07:48] | Berryhill’s en route to Jordan and the king’s brother’s on his way. | 贝瑞希尔正在飞往约旦的途中 而国王的弟弟也在途中 |
[07:52] | Bitar? | 毕塔? |
[07:54] | We’re not the only ones who think this is a thing. | 还有别人也把这当一回事 |
[07:56] | – Yeah. – I’ll see you at the theater. | -是的 -我们剧院见 |
[07:59] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[08:00] | – Josh. – Hey. | -乔西 -嘿 |
[08:02] | You might not wanna be… | 你或许不想 |
[08:06] | – Have you been to Ford’s Theater? – It’s my first time. | -你去过福特剧院吗? -这是第一次 |
[08:09] | Oh, well, you gotta talk to the president about Lincoln, about the Civil War. | 喔你必须跟总统聊聊林肯 聊聊南北战争 |
[08:12] | Sit with him. It’s educational. | 跟他坐在一起非常具教育意义的 |
[08:14] | What are you doing? He’s on his way. | 你在做什么呢?他正在路上 |
[08:16] | – Maybe if we don’t ask… – If you don’t miss the easy ones. | -如果我们不提 -如果不错过那些容易的 |
[08:19] | – I didn’t miss a question. – It wasn’t me. | -我没有错过任何问题 -不是我 |
[08:22] | We had to go downstairs with him and open the museum. | 我们必须陪同他一起下楼开启博物馆 |
[08:24] | – What are you talking about? – Sit with him. | -你在说什么呢? -跟他坐在一起 |
[08:27] | I’m not sitting with him. I did last year. | 我不要跟他坐在一起去年也是我 |
[08:29] | He’ll start in with Lincoln’s first inaugural address… | 他会先由林肯的第一次就职演说开始 |
[08:32] | …and then carry on through to the letter Lincoln wrote… | 然后接着谈到林肯写的信 |
[08:35] | …to the woman who lost all her sons, who didn’t really lose her sons. | 然后又是那个失去所有儿子的女人 她根本不是真的失去所有儿子 |
[08:39] | – You have Sandburg’s number? – Sandburg is dead. | -你有杉柏格的电话吗? -杉柏格已经死了 |
[08:41] | – Oh, sure. Take the easy way out. – No, it’s not. | -喔当然用最简单的方式逃避 -不并非如此 |
[08:44] | I’m not gonna ask this year, don’t worry. | 我今年不会问的别担心 |
[08:46] | – Evening, Mr. President. – Good evening. | -晚安总统先生 -晚安 |
[08:48] | I’m not going to ask… | 我不会问 |
[08:50] | …what was the line that made the audience laugh… | 约翰威克斯布什用来混入 总统包厢的时候 |
[08:53] | …that John Wilkes Booth used as cover to enter the presidential box? | 到底是说什么让观众呵呵大笑? |
[08:57] | I’m not gonna ask about the broken lock to the box… | 我不会问包厢门锁怎么坏掉的 |
[09:00] | …the snapping shinbone… | 或是断掉的胫骨 |
[09:01] | …sic semper tyrannis. Major Rathbone and Clara Harris. | “独裁者的下场正是如此” 瑞斯彭少将与卡拉哈里斯 |
[09:05] | Or the exact time Lincoln drew his final breath. | 或是林肯确切咽下最后一口气的时间 |
[09:08] | I know that one, 7:21:55. | 我知道7点21分55秒 |
[09:11] | And the final heartbeat? | 最后心跳呢? |
[09:12] | He had to open his mouth. | 他必须要张开他的嘴巴 |
[09:14] | Every year, Josh. Always the first one. | 每一年乔西总是第一个 |
[09:16] | Angela, why don’t you ride with me. | 安琪拉你跟我一起吧 |
[09:26] | Oh, hi, Dad. Sorry. | 喔嗨爸对不起 |
[09:28] | It’s not nice to keep the gentleman waiting. | 让男士等候是不好的 |
[09:31] | – Mal, I hardly recognize you. – Oh, and why is that, do you suppose? | -梅儿我差点认不出你了 -喔那你认为是为什么呢? |
[09:34] | That’s why we’re here. You can tell me everything that’s going on. | 那就是我们在此的原因 你可以告诉我每件事情 |
[09:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:39] | Did I mention I’m taking that job in Tanzania? | 我有提我接受了坦尚尼亚那份工作吗? |
[09:42] | Yeah. Let’s go. | 有我们走 |
[09:44] | – The president’s dead. – What’s going on? | -总统死了 -怎么回事呢? |
[09:47] | What’s happening, Dad? | 怎么回事?爸 |
[09:50] | Sir. | 长官 |
[09:52] | President Lassiter is dead. | 拉席特总统过世了 |
[10:02] | – Right-wing Republican. – Conservative. | -右翼共和党员 -保守派 |
[10:04] | – Attila-the-Hun conservative. – Lunatic wife. | -超级保守 -疯狂的太太 |
[10:06] | Lunatic, Lady Macbeth of a wife. | 疯狂如马克白夫人一般 |
[10:08] | Didn’t Lassiter vote against the Emancipation Proclamation? | 拉席特不是投票反对解放宣言吗? |
[10:12] | – I’m not writing the eulogy. – You’re riding on Air Force One. | -又不是我写祭文的 -你在《空军一号》上面写的 |
[10:15] | – I am not. – I thought it was a hip operation. | -我没有 -我以为是髋关节手术 |
[10:18] | All good things must come to pass. | 一切好事总是会到临的 |
[10:20] | Angela Blake, Lieutenant Colonel Castorp. | 安琪拉布莱克凯斯中校 |
[10:23] | It’s a pleasure, colonel. | 很荣幸中校 |
[10:24] | – Colonel. – I have the file here, sir. | -中校 -档案在这里长官 |
[10:28] | The file? | 档案? |
[10:30] | The dead presidents file. | 去逝总统的档案 |
[10:32] | Oh, this is Lieutenant Colonel Castorp, from the military district of Washington. | 喔这位是华盛顿特区军区的 凯斯中校 |
[10:36] | Upon a president’s death, his unit coordinates travel of dignitaries… | 在有总统过世时他的单位会协调 一些显要过来 |
[10:41] | …and handles protocol in concert with the wishes of the family. | 并且依家属的意愿协调礼节 |
[10:45] | – You keep a file on all the presidents? – Yes. | -你有每位总统的档案吗? -是的 |
[10:47] | – You got one on Walken? – Thanks, colonel. | -你有沃肯的吗? -谢谢中校 |
[10:50] | President Lassiter’s funeral will be held at the Lassiter Library in Costa Mesa. | 拉席特总统的丧礼将在科斯塔马梅沙的 拉席特图书馆举行 |
[10:55] | The one with the fake Oval. | 有假总统办公室那个 |
[10:56] | The president’s giving one of the eulogies. | 总统要朗读悼词之一 |
[10:59] | I’m staying to monitor the situation in Riyadh. | 我会留下来监控利雅德的状况 |
[11:01] | I need C.J. here to brief. | 我需要让茜洁留下来做简报 |
[11:03] | Toby, I don’t wanna hear it. You’re on Air Force One, writing the eulogy. | 托比我不想听 你要上《空军一号》写悼词 |
[11:07] | Josh, you’ll help the lieutenant colonel coordinate with Mrs. Lassiter. | 乔西你帮忙中校处理 跟拉席特夫人之间的沟通 |
[11:11] | Leo, I got lawyers from Connecticut and North Carolina coming to… | 里奥康州跟北卡的律师要过来 |
[11:14] | – What? – A Union soldier… | -什么? -一个联合士兵 |
[11:17] | …stole a copy of the Bill of Rights at the end of the Civil War. | 在南北战争结束的时候偷取了 人权宣言的副本 |
[11:20] | A dead president, time bomb in Riyadh, and you’re arbitrating the Civil War? | 一个去世总统、利雅德一触及发状况 而你却在仲裁南北战争? |
[11:24] | I hear they’re threatening to rally in Raleigh. | 我听说他们威胁要在洛利集会 |
[11:27] | Yeah. Introduce Donna to Lieutenant Colonel Castorp. | 是介绍唐娜认识凯斯中校 |
[11:30] | Class dismissed. | 下课 |
[11:35] | Leo, I got a question yesterday. | 里奥我昨天有个问题 |
[11:37] | Tell me we’re not conducting mind-control research. | 告诉我我们没有在进行心智控制研究 |
[11:41] | We’re not conducting mind-control research. | 我们没有在进行心智控制研究 |
[11:45] | You’re not doing it on me right now? | 你现在没有在试着要控制我心智吧? |
[11:47] | – There might be something at DARPA. – DARPA. | -国防部高等研究计划局可能有些鬼 -国防部高等研究计划局 |
[11:50] | The guys who research flying cars and x-ray vision? | 那些研究飞行车跟X光视线的人吗? |
[11:52] | Also the guys who invented GPS, stealth technology and the Internet. | 也是发明全球定位系统 隐形战机科技跟网际网路的人 |
[11:56] | But if the public finds out we’re spending taxpayer dollars on mind control… | 但是万一公众知道我们将纳税人的钱 花在心智控制 |
[12:00] | Give the DOD a call. | 打电话给国防部 |
[12:04] | I have to babysit the first widow? | 我必须当第一寡妇的褓母? |
[12:06] | Beehive hair, dewlaps… | 蜂窝发型下垂的肉 |
[12:08] | …hysterical phone calls all hours of the day and night. | 歇斯底里的电话 日日夜夜每个小时 |
[12:11] | And Lieutenant Colonel Castorp. You’ll love it. | 还有凯斯中校你会爱死的 |
[12:14] | Why can’t you do it? | 你为什么不能做呢? |
[12:15] | I’m gonna be watching a reenactment of Gettysburg. | 我会在看盖兹堡之役的重演 |
[12:18] | Since when do you care about the Bill of Rights? The Civil War… | 你何时开始在意人权宣言的? 南北战争 |
[12:21] | – Whaler pride. – You sold me down the river. | -捕鲸人的骄傲 -你陷害我 |
[12:24] | Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord. | 我的眼睛看到上帝来临的荣耀 |
[12:27] | I love New York. The light on the water towers and the tops of the buildings. | 我爱纽约日出时的水塔之光 及建筑物之光 |
[12:32] | These water wells, hundreds of feet above the ground. | 这些水井地上延伸数百尺 |
[12:35] | Hell of a long way to toss a canteen. | 弄水喝还真大费周章 |
[12:39] | Prince Bitar. Please. | 毕塔王子请坐 |
[12:42] | The prince was giving me a virtual tour of New York. | 王子正在给我看纽约的虚拟旅游 |
[12:46] | I come with greetings from the royal family… | 我带着皇室的问候来到 |
[12:48] | …who convey their pleasure at the way our countries weathered recent storms… | 传递在我们国家经历最近的风暴 |
[12:52] | …in keeping with our friendship. | 很荣幸我们还维持着友谊 |
[12:54] | And Leo here thought you were coming to talk about the protest. | 里奥还以为你是要来谈示威的 |
[12:58] | Protest? Hardly. A few errant schoolboys. | 示威?根本不算是 只是几个误入歧途的学生 |
[13:01] | A few thousand schoolboys and a couple thousand clerics. | 几千名学生还有几千名神职人员 |
[13:05] | – It’s of no concern. – Your country’s crying out for reform. | -不用担心 -贵国正在呐喊着要求改革 |
[13:09] | Things must be done at the proper pace. | 事情必须要用适当的脚步处理 |
[13:11] | You’ve got 10,000 people who seem to think you’re not moving fast enough. | 看来有一万人似乎认为 你们的动作不够快 |
[13:15] | We’ve announced plans for elections. | 我们已经宣布选举计划 |
[13:17] | I recall you passed a law to elect municipal councils in 1975. | 我记得你们在1975年 通过市议会选举 |
[13:22] | Hasn’t happened yet. You’ll forgive us if we don’t hold our breath. | 还没有发生如果我们没有屏息而待 请你要原谅 |
[13:26] | Do you really wish to see the results of popular elections in my country? | 你真的希望看到我的国家有人民 直接选举的结果吗? |
[13:30] | The royal family’s very large. There are thousands of members. | 皇室家族是非常大的有数千成员 |
[13:34] | At times, some have been less than progressive. | 有时候有些并非很接受改革 |
[13:38] | But we do want change. Manageable change. | 但是我们是想改革的可控制的改革 |
[13:41] | You’ll keep us in the loop on the situation? | 你会让我们知道此情况的发展吗? |
[13:43] | Of course. And yet if things suddenly become unruly, we… | 当然但是如果事情 突然变得无法掌控我们 |
[13:47] | – I trust you’ll consult with us. – As friends do. | -我相信你会跟我们商讨的 -就像朋友一样 |
[13:51] | As you would consult with us. | 如同你会跟我们商谈一样 |
[13:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:59] | Mr. President, when these schoolboys protest… | 总统先生当这些学生示威 |
[14:02] | …when they truly wish to denounce us, you know what they say? | 当他们真的希望谴责我们 你知道他们说什么吗? |
[14:06] | They call us Americans. | 他称我们为美国人 |
[14:40] | Why former President Newman wanted to fly with the GOP geriatric brigade. | 为什么前总统纽曼想跟共和党老人团 一起飞行 |
[14:44] | I’m gonna crank up “The Battle Hymn of the Republic. “ | 我会高唱“共和国战歌” |
[14:47] | Josh, shut up. You want a history lesson? | 乔西闭嘴你要上历史课吗? |
[14:49] | I’m in Madame Tussaud’s. All of Lassiter’s men. | 我在杜沙夫人这里 拉席特所有的人 |
[14:53] | There’s Robert Rosiello, who I think tried to sell back Alaska… | 罗柏罗西洛我想当他还是内政部长时 |
[14:57] | …when he was Secretary of the Interior. Max Pearlman, who served three to five. | 他试着要把阿拉斯加卖了 麦斯皮曼上班时间3到5点 |
[15:02] | Earl Rankowsky, he’s on oxygen. | 厄尔蓝可斯基带着氧气筒 |
[15:04] | Dwight Mothman, they must have exhumed him. | 杜特莫斯曼他们一定是从地下 把他挖出来的 |
[15:07] | And Bobby Bodine, Josh… | 还有巴比柏丁乔西 |
[15:09] | … the one who said, “We have enemies without and within, and we must purge… “ | 那个说“我们内外受敌 我们必须净化” |
[15:14] | He actually used that word. “Purge them all… | 他真的用那字眼净化他们全部 |
[15:17] | …until we are purified. “ | 直到我们洁净为止 |
[15:19] | Purified. | 洁净 |
[15:21] | Who needs Dante? I’m on my way to hell at 30,000 feet. | 谁需要但丁呢?我已经要到地狱了 |
[15:25] | – Hi. – Josh Lyman. | -嗨 -乔西赖曼 |
[15:27] | – Ralph Fairfax, from Fairfield. – Marylou. | -罗夫飞尔斐费尔镇来的 -犸丽露 |
[15:30] | A pleasure. Wouldn’t you agree that in the chaos and disarray of war… | 我的荣幸赖曼先生 你同意在战争的混乱中 |
[15:34] | …to make off with our state’s prized possession, a piece of our heritage… | 窃取我州的无价资产我们的继承物 |
[15:38] | …doesn’t that sound more like raping and pillaging? | 不就像是强暴跟抢夺吗? |
[15:41] | – We bought it legitimately. – You stole it. | -我们是用合法管道买得的 -你们是用偷的 |
[15:44] | I think we’re off to a promising start. | 我们已经有不错的开始了 |
[15:47] | – A copy of the Bill of Rights belongs… – To the Union. | -人权宣言属于 -北方联邦 |
[15:50] | You seceded. This is why we needed General Order 100. | 你们退出了这就是为什么我们需要 第100条一般命令 |
[15:53] | – General Order 100? – All confiscated rebel property… | -第100条一般命令? -所以没收的叛徒财产 |
[15:56] | – … belonged to the Union. – Tromped by Special Order 88. | -都是属于联邦的 -被第88条特殊法否决了 |
[15:59] | – Special Order 88? – Issued by a Union general. | -第88条特殊法? -由联邦将军签署的 |
[16:01] | All archives and property entrusted to Carolina must be returned. | 所有属于卡罗莱那的档案及财产 都必须被归还 |
[16:05] | The Bill of Rights made 100 unconstitutional. It violated due process. | 人权法案使100条违宪 违反了合法诉讼程序 |
[16:09] | One of my law-school classmates published an article… | 我法学院的同学发表了一篇关于 |
[16:12] | …on the constitutionality of Lincoln’s order. | 林肯命令是否符合宪法的文章 |
[16:14] | Akhil Amar. | 阿奇阿犸 |
[16:16] | – You went to Yale? – Well, Yale’s close to home. | -你念耶鲁? -耶鲁离我家很近 |
[16:19] | – You’re from Connecticut? – Connecticut? | -你是康州人? -你是康州人? |
[16:22] | Go Whalers. | 捕鲸人加油 |
[16:25] | … Riyadh entered its third day of demonstrations. | 利雅德示威已经进入第三天了 |
[16:28] | And while the demonstrations are peaceful, tensions remain high. | 虽然是和平示威 但是紧张情绪依然高涨 |
[16:31] | – The president on his way? – Yeah. | -总统过来了吗? -是的 |
[16:33] | – We had to get the forklift out for Toby. – CNN reports crowds in smaller cities. | -我们必须帮托比把起重机移开 -新闻报导说在小城市有大群人聚集 |
[16:38] | – Where are you going? – I’m meeting Mallory at Oberdorfers. | -你要去哪? -我要跟犸拉瑞见面 |
[16:41] | I was supposed to take her to Ford’s Theater. | 我本来是要带她去福特剧院的 |
[16:43] | With all that was going on, I kind of had to… | 发生这么多事我必须要 |
[16:47] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 我一个小时回来 |
[16:49] | – The DARPA budget. – I thought it was classified. | -国防部高等研究计划局预算 -我以为是机密 |
[16:51] | – It’s on the Internet. – Hoisted on their own petard. | -显然不是了在网路上都有 -被他们自己的爆竹吓到 |
[16:54] | – Any word back from the DOD? – Not yet. | -国防部有任何回应吗? -还没有 |
[16:56] | – There’s a man in your office. – Okay. | -你办公室里面有一个人 -好的 |
[16:59] | I didn’t see him come. I turned around and he was there. | 我没有看到他进来我一转身 他就在那里了 |
[17:02] | A man in my office. | 有人在我的办公室 |
[17:05] | Is he dashing? | 他很帅吗? |
[17:07] | Not how I’d describe him. | 我是不会那样描述他的 |
[17:11] | Can I help you? | 我可以为你效劳吗? |
[17:13] | – There are no firewalls on here. – Excuse me? | -这里没有防火墙 -你说什么? |
[17:16] | I could do something with this. | 我可以帮忙 |
[17:18] | I could call security to do something with you. | 我也可以请安全人员来帮忙你 |
[17:20] | Oh, sorry. | 喔抱歉 |
[17:24] | I’m Dr. Max Milkman, from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. | 我是国防部高等研究计划局的 麦斯米克曼博士 |
[17:28] | – Dr. Milkman. – Yes. | -米克曼博士 -是的 |
[17:30] | – The man from DARPA. – Yes. | -国防部高等研究计划局的人 -是的 |
[17:31] | I’ve been reading about you. Operation Midnight Climax. | 我读了很多关于你的报导 午夜顶点作战计划 |
[17:35] | Setting up brothels, testing LSD on the patrons without their knowledge. | 建立妓院在人不知的情况之下 在他们身上测试迷幻药 |
[17:38] | – Talk about a mind-blowing experience. – Please. Ms. Cregg, that was ARPA. | -谈谈产生幻觉的经历 -拜托葛瑞小姐那是计划署 |
[17:42] | – ARPA? – ARPA, not DARPA. | -高等研究计划署? -计划署不是高等研究计划局 |
[17:44] | I can’t tell you how comforting that is. | 真是令人欣慰到难以言喻啊 |
[17:46] | This is Colonel Gantry speaking. | 我是甘垂上校 |
[17:49] | We radioed ahead and it looks like clear skies the rest of the way. | 我们跟塔台确认过而看起来今天 接下来的行程都会是晴空万里 |
[17:52] | – You okay? – Do I look okay? | -你还好吗? -我看起来还好吗? |
[17:55] | Not so much. | 不怎么好 |
[17:56] | I think Bobby Bodine was looking for you. | 我想巴比柏丁在找你 |
[18:02] | Enemies without and within. | 内外受敌 |
[18:08] | Thank you. Come on, I’ll show you around. | 谢谢来吧我带你到处参观 |
[18:11] | – Looks like a new plane. – Reconditioned and reconfigured, I think. | -看起来像是新的飞机 -重新整修跟装配过我想 |
[18:14] | – Don’t care much for the color. – You should see the house. | -颜色不怎么样 -你应该要看看房子的 |
[18:18] | The Mauve House? What, shades of puce? | 紫屋吗?怎样紫褐色的屋檐吗? |
[18:21] | I wouldn’t doubt it. | 我不会怀疑的 |
[18:23] | – I got the NSC brief this morning. – Yeah, I wish they wouldn’t do that. | -我今天早上有国家安全委员会简报 -是的我希望他们不会那样做 |
[18:26] | Those protesters are talking about democracy, Jed. | 那些示威者谈的是民主杰德 |
[18:29] | We don’t know what they’re talking about, D.W. Not yet. | 我们不知道他们在谈什么 还不知道 |
[18:32] | – The royal family had… – They’re a convenience, getting rich… | -皇室家族有 -他们得天独厚 |
[18:35] | …off the oil we gobble up, spending their billions promoting radical Wahhabists. | 因我们获取的石油而富有 花费数十亿提倡激进瓦哈比教派 |
[18:40] | That was a bad bed we made. | 那是我们自己铺下的钉床 |
[18:42] | I had to live with it in my day, but it’s time for a change. | 我有生之年必须要接受这样的事 但是该是改变的时候了 |
[18:47] | Trust the people, Jed. They’ll make rational decisions. | 相信人民杰德 他们会作下理智的抉择的 |
[18:49] | In the deserts of Arabia, are there any rational decisions? | 在阿拉伯沙漠中 有任何理智的抉择吗? |
[18:53] | – Excuse me. Sorry, Mr. President. – Raiding the pantry? | -抱歉对不起总统 -突袭餐厅? |
[18:56] | Just a prop, sir, to help me with the eulogy. | 只是个道具长官 帮助我写悼词 |
[18:59] | – You know President Newman? – Yes. I voted for you a couple of times. | -你认识纽曼总统吗? -是的我投票选你好多次 |
[19:03] | You seem to be voting against me at the moment. | 目前看起来你好像是反对票 |
[19:05] | – It’s hard to get Toby to speak his mind. – It just seems to me… | -很难让托比说出他的心声 -对我而言看起来只是 |
[19:09] | …that most Muslims on the Arabian Peninsula believe they must choose… | 大部分在阿拉伯半岛的回教徒相信 他们必须选择 |
[19:13] | …between the law of Allah and the laws of man. | 阿拉的律法或是人类的律法 |
[19:15] | I see. Arabs don’t make rational decisions, only fundamentalist ones. | 了解阿拉伯人不会做出理智的抉择 只会做出基本教义派的抉择 |
[19:19] | Without strong guidance, elections could be a onetime event. | 如果没有强势的引导 选举只会发生一次 |
[19:22] | Strong guidance. You think we should colonize? | 强势的引导你认为我们应该殖民? |
[19:24] | No. I think we should run away as fast and as far away as we can. | 不我认为我们应该尽速远离 |
[19:29] | I think our friends in Britain would argue it’s the best way to midwife modernity. | 我想我们英国的朋友应该会主张 这是促成现代化最佳的方法 |
[19:33] | And didn’t they do a bang-up job with the Arabian Peninsula. | 而他们没有跟阿拉伯半岛敲诈 |
[19:36] | Mr. President. President Bartlet. It’s Leo. Do you wanna…? | 总统先生巴特勒总统 是里奥你想要? |
[19:39] | – I’ll take it here. Excuse us? – Mr. President. | -我在这里接不好意思 -总统先生 |
[19:49] | – Yeah. – Sir, there’s been a development. | -是的 -长官已经有进展了 |
[19:52] | Protesters have surrounded the Aramco facility in Dhahran. | 示威者已经包围了德兰的阿拉可建筑物 |
[19:56] | They’re picketing the Saudi oil headquarters? | 他们去纠缠沙乌地的石油总部? |
[19:58] | The compound includes 40 homes, 200 people, including 50 Americans. | 住宅区包含40个家庭200人 包含50名美国人 |
[20:02] | – Are they at risk? – The protesters… | -他们有危险吗? -示威者 |
[20:05] | …are refusing to let anyone in or out until their demands are met. | 表示在他们的要求被接受之前 拒绝任何人进出 |
[20:09] | We’ve also managed to identify a number of the leaders of the protest. | 我们也指认出示威群众中的几名领导 |
[20:13] | They appear to be members of the royal family. | 他们看起来像是皇室家族成员 |
[20:20] | The honor guard will escort the casket to the grounds… | 在喇叭手热身之后 |
[20:23] | … after the buglers warm up, but before they seat the presidents. | 总统就座之前 礼兵会将棺木护送到地面 |
[20:26] | The reverend will open the program, and Mrs. Lassiter requested… | 牧师会开场拉席特夫人要求 |
[20:30] | …the president give the eulogy. | 总统致词悼词 |
[20:32] | She also asked for five minutes with the president. | 她也要求跟总统谈话5分钟 |
[20:35] | – I’m on the voyage of the damned. – Village. It was village. | -我真是万劫不复 -村庄是村庄 |
[20:38] | What’s the difference? | 有什么不同呢? |
[20:40] | – Why are we descending? – What? | -我们为什么在下降呢? -什么? |
[20:43] | – This plane. It’s going down. – What? | -这飞机在下降 -什么? |
[20:45] | – To pick up President Walken. – Has he been drinking? | -来接沃肯总统 -他有喝酒吗? |
[20:50] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[20:52] | We are dealing with a foreign-policy dilemma of unmatched perplexities… | 我们在处理的外交政策难题 困难度无法比拟 |
[20:56] | …with consequences lurking at every turn. | 处处有潜在危机 |
[20:59] | – What’s he talking about? – Maybe not so unlike a woman. | -他是在说什么呢? -或许蛮像女人的 |
[21:02] | Toby, focus. | 托比注意 |
[21:03] | Mrs. Lassiter wants five minutes with the president. | 拉席特夫人想要跟总统谈5分钟 |
[21:06] | Suicide is painless | 自杀是无痛的 |
[21:10] | – Charlie, is he singing? – I don’t think so. | -查理他是在唱歌吗? -我不认为是 |
[21:12] | It brings on | 那带来了 |
[21:15] | Many changes | 许多的改变 |
[21:18] | Dhahran’s the nerve center. It goes, the world loses 5 million barrels. | 德兰是神经中枢一旦爆发 全球就会失去500万桶原油 |
[21:21] | Not to mention 50 Americans. | 更别提那50名美国人了 |
[21:23] | It’s a nonviolent protest. | 那是和平的示威 |
[21:25] | Mr. President, we’ve located a political officer at the embassy, a Dan Strasser… | 总统先生我们已经找到领事馆的 政治官了丹史崔 |
[21:30] | …who has a relationship with one of the princes leading the protest. | 他认识带领示威的王子之一 |
[21:34] | He’s on leave. We’re tracking him down. | 他在休假我们正在追踪他 |
[21:36] | – George, what’s your take? – This Prince Arujunah… | -乔治你认为呢? -阿努吉那王子 |
[21:38] | …was educated at Harvard, but anything’s possible. | 在哈佛受教育但任何事都是可能的 |
[21:41] | – He could be real or not. – In the meantime… | -他可能是来真的也可能不是 -同时 |
[21:44] | … we need to prepare to evacuate the Americans in the compound. | 我们需准备撤离在住宅区的美国人 |
[21:47] | This looks and feels like the beginning of a real democratic movement. | 这看起来感觉真像是真正 民主运动的开端 |
[21:51] | – Over the next few hours, as we learn… – Sir, this is Iran in ’79, not ’97. | -在接下来的几个小时当我们知道 -这是1979年的伊朗非97年的 |
[21:56] | Even if this Arujunah has noble motives… | 即使这个阿努吉那有高贵的动机 |
[21:58] | …the not-so-silent majority isn’t gonna vote for a more perfect union. | 不太安静的大多数民众 也不会投票给更完美的联合政府 |
[22:02] | We could be hours away from civil war. | 我们可能几小时就会看到内战了 |
[22:04] | If their troops, if the national guard is mobilizing, how long do we have? | 如果他们的军队国家警卫队开始 机动起来我们有多少时间呢? |
[22:08] | – A couple hours, maybe less. – Okay. | -几个小时或许不到 -好的 |
[22:11] | Ted, you and Berryhill have an hour to track down this Strasser guy. | 泰德你跟贝瑞希尔有一个小时找出 这个史崔小子 |
[22:15] | Miles, I want you to stay in constant contact… | 迈斯我要你跟住宅区的安全部队 |
[22:18] | …with the security forces at the compound. | 随时保持联络 |
[22:20] | And, general, fuel up the Chinooks on the Peleliu. | 还有将军准备好 贝里琉岛的《契努克号》 |
[22:23] | – We hear any noise out of Dhahran… – Yes, sir. | -听到德兰的任何动静随时报告 -是的长官 |
[22:26] | Wanna let Bitar know we’re holding him accountable for the safety of…? | 要让毕塔知道 我们认为他应该负责这? |
[22:29] | We send that message, they’re definitely gonna start knocking heads. | 我们送出那样的讯息则他们一定会 开始展开行动的 |
[22:34] | Say we’re confident in the monarchy’s ability to broker a peaceful solution. | 说我们对皇室和平处理危机是有信心的 |
[22:42] | One hour, gentlemen, and we’re gonna have to make a call. | 一小时各位然后我们就必须决定 |
[22:50] | Ought to be a warning when you hitch up to be leader of the free world. | 当上自由世界领导时 应该就是个警告 |
[23:10] | What happened in here? | 这里发生什么事了? |
[23:12] | I’m not biased just because I’m from Connecticut. | 不是因为我是康州人就有偏见 |
[23:17] | I see how Carolina thinks it’s entitled to the Bill of Rights. | 我知道卡罗莱那是怎么认为他们有权 拥有人权宣言的 |
[23:23] | Okay, fine. I’m biased. They denounced the Constitution. | 好吧我就是有偏见 他们诋毁了宪法 |
[23:26] | They denounced the Bill of Rights. They seceded from the Union. | 他们诋毁了人权宣言 他们脱离了北方联邦 |
[23:29] | You wanna go back 140 years? Why not 200? | 你要回到140年前吗? 为什么不要是200年前呢? |
[23:33] | North Carolina’s the reason we have a Bill of Rights. | 因为北卡罗莱那我们才有人权宣言 |
[23:36] | Your New England patriots were ready to dump the bill into the Long Island Sound. | 你的新英格兰爱国者本来已经准备好 要将宣言丢进去长岛湾的 |
[23:42] | – Where are you from? – Asheville. | -你是从哪里来的呢? -爱许镇 |
[23:44] | – North Carolina? – No rights amendments, no ball game. | -北卡吗? -我们决定没有人权修正案就免谈 |
[23:47] | We refused to ratify the Constitution without it. | 没有它我们拒绝认可宪法 |
[23:50] | You certainly placed a lot of importance on those rights in the 1800s. | 你们在1800年代的确是 很重视这些人权 |
[23:53] | – Especially about life, liberty, property. – You’re lecturing me on equal rights? | -尤其是关于生命、自由跟财产 -你在教训我平等权吗? |
[23:58] | How does a state that fought for slavery claim ownership in a document that…? | 一个为奴隶制度而战的州 如何宣称拥有一份文件是 |
[24:03] | First, Josh, the war wasn’t just about slavery. It was about industry. | 首先乔西战争并非只是关于 奴隶制度是关于工业的 |
[24:07] | Second, that’s why North Carolina needs a copy in Raleigh to remind them. | 第二点那就是为什么北卡需要有 一份在洛利时时刻刻提醒着他们 |
[24:12] | And third, Connecticut has the highest per capita income in the country. | 第三点康州有全国最高的个人收入 |
[24:16] | They want the paper so badly, why don’t they compensate North Carolina. | 他们迫切想要宣言 那为何不补偿北卡? |
[24:21] | Oh, we’d be willing to pay. | 喔我们很愿意付钱的 |
[24:24] | Come on, Bess. General. | 来贝斯将军 |
[24:27] | – Glen, good to see you. – Mr. President, it’s good to see you. | -葛南很高兴看到你 -总统先生真高兴看到你 |
[24:30] | Just like a fraternity reunion. Where’s the keg? | 好像是兄弟会重聚啤酒呢? |
[24:33] | Or maybe you better break out the bingo instead. Shut up, Bess. Come on. | 或许你最好改玩宝果 闭嘴贝斯 |
[24:40] | Come in. You know President Newman. | 请进你认识纽曼总统的 |
[24:42] | – Mr. President. We’ve met before. – Oh, yes. | -总统先生我们见过 -喔是的 |
[24:45] | So, what are you up to these days, Glen? Vouchers? School prayer? | 你最近在做什么呢?葛南 教育券?学校祷告? |
[24:49] | Actually, it’s more like dog-walking. And, of course, my spin class. | 事实上是带狗去散步 当然还有我的跳舞课 |
[24:53] | You’re not looking for another place to bomb? | 你没有在找下一个轰炸的地方吗? |
[24:55] | – I like to make an impression. – You certainly did. | -我喜欢令人留下印象 -你的确是有办到 |
[24:58] | Why should I complain? I’m sure it helped precipitate the current situation. | 我为何要抱怨呢?我确定那帮助促使 目前的情况 |
[25:02] | I should’ve taken a longer vacation. | 我应该放长一点的假 |
[25:04] | And let him wage war with the Arab world? | 来让他对阿拉伯世界展开大攻? |
[25:06] | I heard you were one of my biggest fans. | 听说你是我的头号政治迷 |
[25:09] | The old formulas don’t work, D.W. We need to make new choices. | 老旧配方没有用 我们需要制造新的选择 |
[25:13] | Glen, the protesters are surrounding the Aramco compound in Dhahran. | 葛南示威者包围德兰的阿拉可住宅区 |
[25:17] | What do you think, Glen? Should we invade? | 你怎么看呢?葛南 我们应该进攻吗? |
[25:20] | We need wholesale change in the region. This is an opportunity. | 我们需要在该区大规模变更 这是个机会 |
[25:24] | We’re the only superpower. Why wouldn’t we go into Riyadh? | 我们是唯一强权 为何不进入利雅德呢? |
[25:27] | The more of the world we inhabit, the better it is. | 我们占据的世界越多就越好 |
[25:30] | – The buck stops here. – Yes, the almighty dollar. | -钱都停留在这里 -是的万能的美元 |
[25:34] | In my four years, we spent $200 billion on foreign oil. | 在我四年任期内我们花了2000亿 在外国石油上 |
[25:37] | And 100 billion protecting leaders of the countries supplying it. | 还有1000亿保护那些供油国家领袖 |
[25:41] | How many lunches did I have playing footsie with some Saudi prince? | 我跟阿拉伯许多王子共进过多少午餐 私下打交情呢? |
[25:45] | Promising to sell them AWACS and Bradleys, and all in the name of stability. | 答应卖给他们空中警报系统 都是以安定之名 |
[25:50] | But I paid a premium. | 但是我付的是佣金 |
[25:52] | – His people hate us. – Of course they hate us. | -他的人民痛恨我们 -他们当然痛恨我们 |
[25:54] | Because we support their oppressors. We are their oppressors. | 因为我们支持他们的压迫者 我们就是他们的压迫者 |
[25:58] | Glen, I’m not sure we have the stomach for empire. | 葛南我不确定我们有管理帝国的能耐 |
[26:00] | I’m not looking for empire. I’m not looking to colonize. | 我不是在想帝国我不是在想殖民 |
[26:03] | If this protest is a call for democracy… | 如果此示威是为了民主 |
[26:06] | …I think we should create a provisional secular government… | 我想我们应该建立临时非宗教政府 |
[26:09] | …oversee the transition and get out as fast as we can. | 监督政权转换 然后尽速离开该地 |
[26:12] | Leaving them with a weak state and a hated Vichy government. | 留给他们一个虚弱的国家 跟一个受怨恨的政府 |
[26:16] | You really wanna make a difference? Support this Arujunah from the sidelines. | 你真想要改变吗? 那就从旁帮助这个阿努吉那 |
[26:21] | You start saddling up camels in every country in the Middle East… | 你开始在每个中东国家骑上骆鸵 |
[26:24] | …then you better be prepared to spend the next 50 years sifting through sand. | 那你最好就准备好在接下来50年 跟沙子混在一起 |
[26:29] | Because this isn’t a quick run on the beach, Jed. | 因为这不像是在海滩上跑一跑而已 |
[26:33] | This is the new world order. | 这是新的世界秩序 |
[26:36] | – Mr. President, we’re ready for takeoff. – Thank you. | -总统先生我们准备好要起飞了 -谢谢 |
[26:42] | Seems you’re happy to publicize your work on micro-nanocameras… | 看来你好像很高兴宣传你的工作 显微摄影机 |
[26:45] | …gecko fingertip adhesion… | 壁虎指尖黏贴 |
[26:48] | …something delightfully nicknamed “smell-o-vision. “ | 一种名为“闻出影像” |
[26:50] | There is the brain-machine interface program. | 有一种脑部机器介面计划 |
[26:53] | It measures the processes in the brain in hopes of detecting deceptive intent. | 它会测量脑部的运作然后找出欺骗动机 |
[26:58] | – So not mind control, mind reading? – Part of a counterterrorism initiative… | -所以不是心智控制是读取心智? -打击恐怖主义的一部分 |
[27:02] | …and the heart of our strategy is bio-surveillance. | 而我们策略的重点就是生物监控 |
[27:07] | – We’re mining health databases… – You’re looking at medical records? | -我们正在挖掘健康资料库 -你在看医疗资料? |
[27:11] | – It’s anonymous. – You’ll have Social Security numbers… | -是匿名的 -你会看到身分证号码 |
[27:13] | – … addresses, personal data. – For the human ID program. | -地址还有个人资料 -是人类身分计划 |
[27:16] | – Human ID. – Human identification at a distance. | -人类身分 -有段距离的人类身分 |
[27:19] | Where we use a variety of biometric technologies that focus on body parts… | 我们用了多种的生物测量技术 在身体各部分 |
[27:25] | …face identification, human kinematics. | 脸部确认人类动力学 |
[27:27] | – Kinematics. – Oh, yeah. | -动力学 -喔是的 |
[27:29] | It’s amazing what we can tell from the human stride. | 我们从人跨步可以判断出的东西 真是惊人 |
[27:33] | Personality, intention, pathology, criminality. | 个性、动机、病史、犯罪性 |
[27:38] | All from scrutinizing one’s gait. | 都从仔细观察一个人的步伐 |
[27:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:44] | I gotta go. | 我必须要走了 |
[27:53] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[27:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[28:07] | How you doing? | 你好吗? |
[28:11] | I’ve been walking up and down these aisles. | 我已经来回走了好几趟了 |
[28:16] | Looking at these old men. | 瞧瞧这些老男人 |
[28:19] | These great… | 这些伟大 |
[28:22] | …and terrible old men. | 又可怕的老男人 |
[28:25] | And thinking… | 然后想 |
[28:27] | …prosperous, free and democratic Saudi Arabia. Something to wish for. | 繁荣、自由又民主的沙乌地阿拉伯 是梦想中的事 |
[28:34] | But the men on this plane… | 但是这星球上的人 |
[28:36] | …spent the better part of the late 20th century trying to play God… | 花了20世纪的一半时间 试着要在其他国家 |
[28:41] | …in other countries. | 扮演上帝 |
[28:43] | And the regimes they anointed… | 而他们加冕的政权 |
[28:46] | …are the ones that haunt us today. | 就是今日反抗我们的 |
[28:51] | Yeah, I’m not making much progress with the eulogy. | 是的我的悼词没有什么进展 |
[28:59] | Did you ever meet President Lassiter? | 你有见过拉席特总统吗? |
[29:02] | No. | 没有 |
[29:03] | He was an arrogant bastard. | 他是个自负的浑蛋 |
[29:05] | Pompous, high and mighty know-it-all. | 爱炫耀、自识甚高 什么都知道 |
[29:08] | He used to call me in the middle of the night… | 他以前曾在午夜打电话给我 |
[29:11] | …to pontificate on whatever president had a birthday that week. | 教导我那星期哪个总统生日 |
[29:17] | When we were elected, I really thought we were gonna own the place. | 当我们当选之后我真的以为 我们会是主导 |
[29:21] | Do it differently. Better. | 用不同的做法更好的做法 |
[29:25] | Now I realize the men on this plane… | 现在我了解在这飞机上的人 |
[29:28] | …are the only others… | 就是唯一已经 |
[29:29] | …who have been there before and really know. | 经历过而且真的知道的人 |
[29:36] | I wish that I’d taken more of his calls. | 我希望我有多接一些他的电话 |
[29:40] | Sir, it’s Leo. | 长官是里奥 |
[29:58] | – Hey. – Did Walken make it on board? | -嘿 -沃肯有赶上飞机吗? |
[30:01] | They broke the mold on that one. What do you got? | 真是破天荒头一遭你有什么消息? |
[30:04] | Dhahran’s quiet. But there’s been an outbreak of fighting in Riyadh. | 德兰安静了但是利雅德爆发了冲突 |
[30:07] | How serious? | 多严重呢? |
[30:09] | Bunch of imams throwing stones. A number of people were injured. | 有一些伊犸丢掷石头几个人受伤 |
[30:13] | And they found Strasser, the guy at the embassy. | 他们找到领事馆的那个史崔先生了 |
[30:16] | Says Arujunah’s a true reformer. | 他说阿努吉那是真的改革者 |
[30:19] | A believer in checks-and-balances democracy. | 一个相信真正民主的人 |
[30:22] | Wouldn’t lie about chopping down cherry trees. | 不会说谎否认砍下樱桃树 |
[30:25] | That’s the gist. | 重点就是这样 |
[30:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:29] | Tell Alexander I want the Truman Battle Group moved to the Gulf. | 告诉亚历山大我要杜鲁门战队 移到波斯湾 |
[30:32] | And set up a call with Bitar. | 然后跟毕塔通电话 |
[30:36] | – Sir. – It’s time to tell him, Leo. | -长官 -该是告诉他的时候了里奥 |
[30:38] | Real change. Or he can start looking for a new kingdom. | 真的改变要不然他就可以开始 找新的王国了 |
[30:44] | This is the captain. We are beginning our descent. | 这是机长我们要开始下降了 |
[30:46] | Please fasten your seat belts. | 请系上安全带 |
[31:11] | – Hello. – Well, at least you’re not singing. | -哈啰 -至少你没有在唱歌 |
[31:14] | How is it? | 如何呢? |
[31:16] | Oh, don’t ask. | 喔别问了 |
[31:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:20] | – How is it? – Sad. | -如何呢? -哀伤 |
[31:23] | It’s…. | 就是 |
[31:28] | It’s just sad. | 就只是哀伤 |
[31:38] | Sir, it’s Leo. | 长官是里奥 |
[31:40] | Yeah. Thanks. | 是的谢谢 |
[31:43] | – Yeah. – Mr. President… | -是的 -总统先生 |
[31:44] | …I’m with Secretary Hutchinson and General Alexander. | 我跟哈屈圣部长 还有亚历山大将军在一起 |
[31:48] | The national guard has started to fan out around protests in Riyadh and Dhahran. | 国家卫兵已经开始驱逐利雅德 跟德兰的示威群众了 |
[31:52] | – Bitar? – Haven’t been able to reach him. | -毕塔呢? -还找不到他 |
[31:54] | He’s apparently on a plane back to Riyadh. | 据说是在飞回利雅德的飞机上 |
[31:57] | General, I want you to ready a peacekeeping mission. | 将军我要你准备好进行维和任务 |
[32:00] | Leo, fax, FedEx, carrier pigeon, I don’t give a damn how… | 里奥传真、快递、飞鸽 我不管是如何 |
[32:04] | … but get word to the crown prince. | 就是把讯息传给王储 |
[32:06] | Any unprovoked use of force and I’m gonna freeze the sale of all military arms. | 任何无故使用暴力 我就会冻结所有军备的销售 |
[32:11] | We’re gonna stop training his precious national guard. | 我们会停止训练他宝贝的国家卫兵 |
[32:14] | Tell him if he can use saving American lives as a pretext for force, so can I. | 告诉他如果他借口保护美国人 而使用暴力那我也可以 |
[32:24] | Did you see all those books? | 你有看到这些书吗? |
[32:26] | Do you think Lassiter actually read Shakespeare? | 你认为拉席特总统真读看莎士比亚吗? |
[32:29] | I would’ve thought he was more of a Melville fan. | 我以为他比较像是马尔维迷 |
[32:33] | He called me, you know. When we all found out about your illness. | 他打了电话给我 当我们都得知你得病的时候 |
[32:37] | – He must have been livid. – I was livid. | -他一定是非常生气 -我很生气 |
[32:40] | I wanted to call the White House, to call CNN. | 我想要打电话给白宫给有线电视新闻 |
[32:45] | And there was Lassiter on the phone, telling me to can it. | 然后拉席特在电话中叫我取消 |
[32:56] | There’s a Wilson quote: | 有一句威尔森名言 |
[32:58] | “Is the present war a struggle for a just and secure peace… | 目前的战争是正义 跟安定和平的奋战 |
[33:02] | …or for a new balance of power? | 还是新权力平衡呢? |
[33:05] | There must be not a balance of power… | 不会有权力平衡的 |
[33:09] | …but a community of power. | 但是会有权力联合 |
[33:11] | Not organized rivalries… | 非组织抗争 |
[33:14] | …but an organized common peace. “ | 而是有组织的共同和平 |
[33:18] | What the hell. Woodrow Wilson didn’t have all the answers. | 该死的威尔森也没有所有的答案 |
[33:22] | No. | 没有 |
[33:23] | Neither did Lassiter, God knows. | 拉席特也没有 |
[33:26] | And then again… | 而也接下来也是 |
[33:29] | …neither did I. | 我也不知道 |
[33:32] | But, at least at the end… | 但是只少最后 |
[33:34] | …we were all asking the right questions. | 我们都问了正确的问题 |
[33:51] | – Hey, Glen. – Mr. President. | -嘿葛南 -总统先生 |
[33:53] | – Please. – Ms. Libby’s looking for you. | -请 -莉比小姐在找你 |
[33:57] | – Is this gonna bother you? – Not at all. | -这会困扰你吗? -一点也不会 |
[34:00] | World’s certainly turned upside down since Owen Lassiter’s time. | 欧文拉席特的时代过后世界显然地 已经全然不同了 |
[34:03] | True enough. | 没错 |
[34:05] | Went on a trip to China with him one time. We ate dinner in Beijing. | 有一次跟他去中国出访 我们在北京用晚餐 |
[34:08] | We couldn’t find a bathroom. | 我们找不到厕所 |
[34:10] | Talk about yellow peril. The two of us are out in the bushes… | 真是黄祸啊我们俩到树丛中 |
[34:14] | …and Owen Lassiter’s reciting Lincoln’s second State of the Union. | 然后欧文拉席特还在背颂林肯的 第二篇国情咨文 |
[34:18] | “The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. “ | “宁静过去的教条是不适用于 今日的狂风暴雨的” |
[34:23] | – Something like that. – Yeah. | -类似的东西 -是的 |
[34:27] | I lost touch with him toward the end. | 我最后跟他分了 |
[34:30] | He started making all those strange trips to nonsense places. Old battlefields. | 他去拜访一些很无聊的地方 旧战场之类的地方 |
[34:37] | But I can’t help wonder how he’d react to the situation in Riyadh. | 但是我不得不想他会如果处理 利雅德的情况 |
[34:44] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[34:47] | I’ll catch up with you, Glen. | 我等一下再跟你聊葛南 |
[34:52] | The more immediate concern is for the 200 men and women in the compound… | 目前最重要的是在住宅区的 200名男女 |
[34:56] | … a number of whom are expatriates from Britain, France… | 这些是从英国、法国 |
[35:03] | – How’s it going with Grant and Lee? – They’re gonna hold a ceremony. | -格兰跟李结果如何? -他们会举行仪式 |
[35:06] | – Maybe even a 21-musket salute. – You reached an agreement? | -可能甚至还有21响礼炮 -你们有达到协议了吗? |
[35:10] | The Union will stand. | 北方联邦赢了 |
[35:13] | Freedom, and the right to assemble for one and all. | 自由以及集会的权利 |
[35:15] | Not if the man from DARPA has anything to do with it. | 要是高等研究计划局的人介入 就不是这么回事了 |
[35:18] | – DARPA. – They’re sifting through medical records. | -国家高等研究计划局 -他们在查看医学纪录 |
[35:21] | Just trying to protect you. | 只是想要保护你 |
[35:22] | Haven’t you had enough trouble haggling over the Bill of Rights? | 你处理人权法案的麻烦还不够吗? |
[35:26] | Does the press have the story? | 媒体有报导吗? |
[35:28] | – The mind-control story. – Yeah. | -心智控制报导 -有 |
[35:30] | So the story breaks, the public has the same reaction. | 所以报导刊出去了 民众有相同的反应 |
[35:33] | – No more mind control, no more sifting. – No more gait scrutiny. | -不要再有心智控制或是挖掘 -不要再有步伐观察什么的 |
[35:36] | Democracy in action. You gotta love it. | 民主正在运转中你会爱死的 |
[35:38] | – So we’d need to send in 30,000 troops? – Initially. | -所以我们需要送入3万名士兵吗? -一开始 |
[35:41] | And if this were to move beyond peacekeeping? | 而如果这不只是维和而已呢? |
[35:45] | Yeah, okay. I’ll be down in a minute. Is it important? | 是的好我马上就下去很重要吗? |
[35:50] | – No. – Not really. No. | -不 -不是不 |
[36:04] | Hi, Dad. | 嗨爸 |
[36:05] | Mal, what are you doing here? | 梅儿你在这里做什么? |
[36:08] | I have something to tell you. It’s why I’ve been late. | 我要告诉你一件事 那就是我迟到的原因 |
[36:11] | – I just didn’t wanna… – You all right? | -我只是不想 -你还好吗? |
[36:13] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[36:16] | No. Not really. | 不不好 |
[36:22] | It’s hard for me… | 这对我很困难 |
[36:24] | …because of who you are, we are. | 因为你的身分我们的身分 |
[36:30] | – Oh, I hate this. Can I just go? – I don’t think so. | -喔我真痛恨这个我可以走了吗? -不可以 |
[36:35] | Mom’s getting remarried. | 妈要再婚了 |
[36:38] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[36:40] | – You know that? – She called me. | -你知道? -她有打电话给我 |
[36:43] | – She called you? She said she didn’t. – Mal, I appreciate the concern. | -她打电话给你?她说她没有 -梅儿我很谢谢你的关心 |
[36:47] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[36:49] | – See, I knew it. – Knew what? | -瞧我就知道 -知道什么? |
[36:52] | I just didn’t want you to hear it. | 我只是不想让你听到 |
[36:55] | I didn’t want you to be alone when you heard. | 不希望你听到时是独处的 |
[36:57] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[37:00] | I’m just sorry we haven’t had more time together. | 我只是很抱歉我们没有多点时间相处 |
[37:04] | I thought we’d have a nice night at the theater… | 我以为我们可以在剧院过后 有个不错的夜晚 |
[37:06] | …but we got this little problem in the Middle East. | 但是我们在中东出了一点问题 |
[37:54] | Ready. Aim. Fire. | 准备瞄准开火 |
[37:59] | Ready. Aim. Fire. | 准备瞄准开火 |
[38:03] | Ready. Aim. Fire. | 准备瞄准开火 |
[38:10] | Mr. President, I want to thank you for coming. | 总统先生我想要谢谢您赶过来 |
[38:13] | Of course I came, Libby. | 我当然要到莉比 |
[38:15] | Owen would have loved the eulogy. | 欧文会很喜欢那篇悼文的 |
[38:17] | Who wrote it? | 是谁写的? |
[38:20] | The humor, so dry and… And sad. | 幽默十足如此不露感情 但是却是很忧伤 |
[38:25] | I always thought you detested him. | 我一直都还以为你不喜欢他 |
[38:30] | That’s a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[38:33] | I know he called you just the other day, but you didn’t call him back. | 我知道他前几天有打电话给你 但是你没有回电 |
[38:38] | Several times. | 打了好几次 |
[38:40] | But you never called him back. | 但是你都没有回电给他 |
[38:53] | When we left the White House,I thought we’d have some time together. | 当我们离开白宫的时候 我以为我们会有些时间相处在一起 |
[38:57] | His job was done. | 他的职责已了 |
[38:59] | But he took to traveling. | 但是他开始出访 |
[39:03] | To Korea, to the Philippines, to Vietnam… | 到韩国、到菲律宝、到越南 |
[39:08] | …and to Europe. | 还有到欧洲 |
[39:10] | Any spot where American boys had shed blood. | 任何有美国人民流血过的地方 |
[39:14] | Even the Civil War. | 即使是南北战争 |
[39:17] | He’d fill a jar… | 他会装满一罐泥土 |
[39:20] | …come back to this room… | 会到这间房间 |
[39:22] | …this oval room he’d had built. | 这间仿总统办公室的房间 |
[39:26] | He’d come here to think. | 他会回到这边来思考 |
[39:29] | He took to eating here and sleeping here. | 他在这边吃睡 |
[39:34] | Even after the operation. | 即使是手术过后也是 |
[39:39] | And when they came, they found him here. | 而他们来到时发现他在这里 |
[39:46] | – Battlefields. – Yes. | -战场 -是的 |
[39:49] | I wanted you to come. | 我要你过来 |
[39:53] | Because he left this for you. | 因为他留了这个给你 |
[39:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:13] | “We owe it to ourselves to stand in this dirt… | 我们亏欠自己 身为站在这土地上的 |
[40:16] | …as survivors and witnesses. | 幸存者与证人 |
[40:19] | We have to cure ourselves of the itch… | 我们必须治愈我们 |
[40:21] | …for the absolute knowledge or power or right. | 对绝对知识或是权力或是权利的渴望 |
[40:25] | We have to close the distance between the push-button order… | 我们必须关闭自动化命令跟 |
[40:28] | …and the human act. | 人类行为之间的距离 |
[40:30] | We have to touch people. “ | 我们必须接触人民 |
[40:32] | Sir, it’s Leo. | 长官是里奥 |
[40:36] | – Did you talk to the crown prince? – We’re too late, sir. | -你有跟王储谈过了吗? -我们来不及了长官 |
[40:39] | A protester in Riyadh fired on the national guard. | 一名利雅德的示威者对国家卫兵开枪 |
[40:43] | – There was tear gas, more gunfire. – A protester fired? | -他们用了催泪瓦斯更多的枪火 -一名示威者开火? |
[40:46] | We think a member of the national guard dressed as a protester. | 我们认为是国家卫兵装扮成示威者 |
[40:50] | – Are there casualties? – Twenty, 30. | -有伤亡吗? -2030 |
[40:52] | Probably hundreds more in the aftermath. | 或许在事情结束之后会增加几百名 |
[40:54] | – Our people are safe? – The crowds in Dhahran have dispersed. | -我们的人安全吗? -在德兰的群众已经被驱散了 |
[40:58] | Riyadh, Jiddah, it’s all breaking up. | 利雅德、吉达都开始爆发了 |
[41:00] | And the leaders of the protest. | 还有示威的领导 |
[41:02] | – Arujunah? – No. | -阿努吉那吗? -不是 |
[41:07] | – Okay. – I guess this changes things. | -好的 -我猜这会改变一些事情的 |
[41:12] | I’m not sure it changes anything. | 我不确定这会改变任何事情 |