时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | – Oh, I hate this. Can I just go? – I don’t think so. | -喔我真痛恨这样我可以走了吗? -不可以 |
[00:12] | Mom’s getting remarried. | 妈要再婚了 |
[00:16] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[00:18] | – You know that? – She called me. | -你知道? -她有打电话给我 |
[00:20] | Do any of you guys know where the dumpsters are? | 你们有人知道垃圾桶在哪里? |
[00:23] | Yeah. It’s okay. I’ll find them. | 好的没关系我自己去找 |
[00:27] | – Who’s that? – A walking lawsuit. | -那是谁? -一个会走路的法律诉讼案 |
[00:29] | Toby’s taking first chair on State of the Union, not just writing it. | 托比正在处理国情咨文 并不是只有写而已 |
[00:33] | The agenda. Great. | 议程太棒了 |
[00:45] | – Now I remember why I love this night. – Because in two hours… | -现在我想起为什么喜欢今晚了 -因为再两个小时 |
[00:49] | …you’ll have a sour mash and nothing to rewrite. | 你会有麦芽威士忌 而且没有任何东西可以重写 |
[00:51] | – The press conference was a hit. – The president did well. | -记者招待会很不错 -总统表现得非常好 |
[00:54] | Ranting on cable about “that liberal pantywaist soft on crime”? | 在电视上大放豪语 “柔弱的自由派对犯罪太软弱”? |
[00:58] | – What we expected. – What? | -正如我们预期 -什么? |
[00:59] | Extra gum for your big night. It’s okay. We all get oral when nervous. | 给你特殊之夜的口香糖 没关系我们紧张的时候都会口干舌燥 |
[01:06] | – You heading over to pace on the Hill? – After I finish pacing here. | -你要过去踩国会的地板了吗? -在我踩完这边的再说 |
[01:11] | Did the special guests arrive? | 特别贵宾来了吗? |
[01:14] | … less than two hours to deliver his State of the Union address. | 再两个小时不到 他即将发表国情咨文 |
[01:17] | It remains to be seen… | 看起来依然是 |
[01:19] | – It’s Gentle Ben on hold. – You put him on hold? | -是温柔的班在线上 -你让他等在线上? |
[01:22] | – That’s what you told me to do. – Carol, maybe you ought to… | -那就是你要我做的啊 -卡萝或许你应该 |
[01:27] | – C.J. – Donna, my darling… | -茜洁 -唐娜我亲爱的 |
[01:29] | …would you pick up line one and tell this guy you can’t find me? | 你可以帮我接一线吗? 告诉他你找不到我 |
[01:34] | What’s wrong? | 怎么回事? |
[01:36] | Leo won’t wanna tell him before the State of the Union. | 里奥在国情咨文前不会想要告诉他的 |
[01:39] | Might throw him off his game. | 或许会将他搞出局 |
[01:41] | – And hit him with it leaving the podium? – Guy couldn’t wait one hour. | -然后把他打下讲台吗? -就是连一小时都等不及 |
[01:45] | My God, Toby. | 我的天托比 |
[01:47] | Yeah. You’re right. Sorry. | 说得对很抱歉 |
[01:51] | Has…? He hasn’t left, has he? | 他?他还没有离开是吗? |
[01:53] | They’re having tea. | 他们在喝茶 |
[01:56] | – You heard? – It hit the wires? | -你有听到? -发出电报了吗? |
[01:58] | I got a call. Does the president know? | 我接到电话总统知道吗? |
[02:07] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[02:09] | – Ms. Anders? – “Ms. “? | -安德斯小姐? -“小姐”? |
[02:13] | – You sorry son of a… – Charlie, are we…? | -你这该死的 -查理我们 |
[02:18] | I beg your pardon. | 不好意思 |
[02:20] | Mr. President, may I have a moment? | 总统先生可以等我一下吗? |
[03:22] | – Oh, my God. – Yeah. | -喔我的天 -是啊 |
[03:24] | I am so… What did I just do? | 我非常 我刚刚怎么会那样? |
[03:27] | We can’t do this. His speech. Maybe you’ve heard of it. | 我们不能这样他要演讲 或许你听说了 |
[03:30] | – Any minute we hear, and he goes. – I have never hit anyone. | -我们会影响他的情绪的 -我从来没有打过任何人 |
[03:33] | – Not since my kid brother. – You’re a natural, then. | -除了我小弟那次之外 -你天生就会 |
[03:36] | – You deserved it. – We can’t do this now. | -你活该 -我们现在不能谈 |
[03:38] | – I shouldn’t have come. – How did you even get in? | -我不应该来的 -你是怎么进来的? |
[03:41] | What, without you to wave me in? | 怎样没有你我就进不来吗? |
[03:43] | We really can’t do this. | 我们真的不能现在谈 |
[03:45] | – A one-night thing was better? – Three weeks was too long. | -一夜情就比较好吗? -三个星期太久了 |
[03:49] | Charlie? They’re ready. | 查理?他们好了 |
[04:12] | Less than $ 100. | 不到一百块 |
[04:15] | – Hey. – Thanks for having me. | -嘿 -谢谢邀请我 |
[04:17] | You sneaking out? Gonna breakdance at 3. | 你偷溜出来的? 3点要跳霹雳舞 |
[04:19] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[04:24] | Look, I’m not proud. I’ll take my rights on the installment plan. | 听着我并不感到光荣 我会使用我分期付款权利的 |
[04:27] | – A voting delegate for the District? – Give Utah their own chamber. | -特区的选民代表团? -给犹他州他们自己的商会 |
[04:30] | A specially-created House seat could be an obstacle… | 如此特制的众议院席次可能会阻碍 |
[04:33] | – … to D.C. statehood. – Don’t lose any sleep. | -华盛顿特区的国家地位 -我可不愿操这个心 |
[04:36] | I disagree. A seat for us, balanced by one for Mormon missionaries. | 我不同意一席对我们而言 就由摩门教会平衡了一席 |
[04:39] | – That something-for-everyone feel? – And from Congressman Drake. | -那是每个人都有糖吃的感觉吗? -而且是德克议员给的 |
[04:42] | Drake didn’t propose a bill. He floated a notion. | 德克没有提案他提出了想法 |
[04:45] | He took heat over sponsoring D.C. vouchers. | 因为他热衷赞助特区的保证人 |
[04:48] | – So you think it’s just talk? – Folks in the District are no closer… | -所以你认为这只是空谈吗? -特区的人并没有 |
[04:51] | – … to the vote than our ancestors. – Can I quote you? | -比我们的前人多多少票 -我可以引用你的言论吗? |
[04:54] | – You’re a reporter? – Wannabe. | -你是记者吗? -很想当 |
[04:56] | I’m an intern at The Afro-American. | 我是《非裔美国人》的实习生 |
[04:59] | Meeshell Anders. | 米雪安德斯 |
[05:02] | I read The Afro, every time I’m in a barbershop. | 我每次去剪头发 都有看《非裔美国人》 |
[05:04] | That’s our market penetration. | 我们的市场进攻计划奏效 |
[05:06] | I can’t really give you that for attribution. | 你不能说那样的出处 |
[05:09] | But if you wanna say “White House staffer”…. | 但是可以说出自“白宫幕僚” |
[05:12] | – Am I mad at you? – It’s not my question. It’s Ben’s. | – 我在对你生气? -那不是我问的是班问的 |
[05:17] | Of the husky voice, no last name and the 907 area code? | -哪个班? -嗓音低没留姓区域号码907 |
[05:20] | He said you never return calls, and are you mad at him? | 他说你从未回电给他 问你是否在生他的气? |
[05:23] | – What’d you say? – That you’d have to get back. | -你说呢? -你必须要回去了 |
[05:25] | – Toby. Great draft, Shakespeare. – Oh, thanks. | -托比很棒的草稿莎士比亚 -喔谢谢 |
[05:29] | Really, you nailed it. State of the Union’s finished. | 真的真是精彩 国情咨文完成了 |
[05:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:34] | What are you gonna do the next two weeks? | 你接下来两个星期要做什么呢? |
[05:36] | – Dot the I’s. – I’ve got pollsters waiting. | -划点点 -我有些民意调查专家正在等着 |
[05:39] | – They tested this draft? – That’s their job. | -他们测试草稿? -那是他们的工作 |
[05:41] | I’m sure they’re gonna love it. | 我相信他们会很喜欢的 |
[05:45] | Really? Joey Lucas stopped by? | 真的?乔伊路卡斯有过来? |
[05:47] | She was sorry you weren’t in yet. Nice suit. | 她很遗憾你还没到很棒的西装 |
[05:50] | Was it a heads-up, pre-meeting kind of stopping by… | 是会议前先探个头的那种过来一下 |
[05:53] | …or a “long time no see” kind of stopping by? | 还是“好久不见”那种? |
[05:55] | You know, I couldn’t tell. | 你知道的我分辨不出来 |
[05:57] | – How’d she look? – Great. | -她看来如何呢? -很棒 |
[05:59] | – I heard she was seeing someone. – I think she is. | -我听说她有男朋友了 -我想也是 |
[06:02] | – She say she was seeing someone? – No. | -她说她有男朋友吗? -没有 |
[06:04] | So who knows? Maybe the time is ripe. | 谁知道呢?或许时间成熟了 |
[06:06] | Maybe not so much. | 或许还没有那么成熟 |
[06:08] | That’s not very supportive, here at the start of a new year… | 这很不够支持在新年的开始 |
[06:12] | …with clean slates, broad horizons and anything’s possible. | 一切从头前景宽广 任何事都是有可能的 |
[06:16] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[06:24] | And with women the draft scored even higher. | 而且女性对草稿打的分数更高 |
[06:27] | You can see spikes in all your policy priorities. | 可以在你所有的优先政策中看到高峰 |
[06:31] | In the 80 percentile in education and job retraining. | 教育跟工作再训练达百分位80 |
[06:34] | Where’s the “room to improve” addendum? | “进步空间”的补充呢? |
[06:37] | There isn’t any. | 没有任何补充 |
[06:39] | We’ve never seen this before, but two weeks out… | 我们从未看过这个但是两星期过去 |
[06:41] | …you’ve locked the State of the Union message. | 你稳住了国情咨文的讯息 |
[06:44] | – Well, that’s impressive, Toby. – Come on, the section on anti-terrorism. | -令人印象深刻托比 -在反恐怖主义部分 |
[06:49] | It didn’t make people sing “Oh, What a Beautiful Morning,” but…. | 没让人们唱起“喔多美丽的早晨” 但是 |
[06:55] | She wants you to know she actually sang that. | 她想要你知道她真的有唱 |
[06:58] | But it was well within the “interested” range. | 但是在“有趣”的范围之内 |
[07:01] | We’ll put it out to mall tests next week, get feedback on the key paragraph. | 我们会在下星期到购物中心做测试 取得主要段落的感想 |
[07:06] | Yeah, because we haven’t really found that yet. | 是啊因为我们还找不到是在哪里 |
[07:09] | It’s not the writing that we’ll examine. | 我们不是检视写作 |
[07:12] | Mall tests are about tone, how the president should deliver the speech. | 购物中心测试是跟语调有关 是关于总统应该如何进行演说 |
[07:16] | – We’ll hire a spokesman. – An actor? | -我们会雇用一个演说家 -一个演员吗? |
[07:20] | – Not a known actor. – Oh, that’s better. | -不是很有名的演员 -喔这样好多了 |
[07:23] | – Purchase intent dramatically… – “Purchase intent”? | -购买意图可以戏剧性地 -“购买意图”? |
[07:25] | What are we doing, selling cornflakes? | 我们在做什么?卖玉米麦片吗? |
[07:28] | – Come out and watch. – Good idea, Toby. | -出去看看 -很好的主意托比 |
[07:31] | It doesn’t sound like you have anything else to do. | 听起来像是你没有其他的事可做 |
[07:39] | The Freeway Alert Bill is on a fast track. | 高速公路警示案已经可以快速通过了 |
[07:41] | The Senate may have something to sign before recess. | 参议院在休会前还有些东西需要签署 |
[07:44] | Grants to track kidnappers? I think the president would welcome that. | 追缉绑匪的补助?我想总统会很高兴 |
[07:48] | Yeah, well, there’s an amendment. | 是啊这是修正案 |
[07:53] | All your plane tickets are e-tickets. | 你们全部的机票都是电子机票 |
[07:57] | Flights confirmed. Buffalo, Grand Rapids, Bradenton. | 机位确认了, 水牛城 大湍流, 波登顿 |
[07:59] | Joey Lucas will meet you at the mall. Your research assistant has the itinerary. | 乔伊路卡斯会在购物中心跟你们碰面 你的研究助理有行程计划 |
[08:03] | – Then why tell me? – I wasn’t sure she… | -那为何要告诉我呢? -我不确定她 |
[08:06] | She’s new. This position is kind of a jump for her. | 她是新人这职务对她而言是大跳级 |
[08:09] | She compiled clippings at Energy. | 她是在能源部门收集剪报的 |
[08:11] | Leo’s been pressuring you to hire someone… | 里奥一直施压要你聘用 |
[08:13] | …and she was helpful during the shutdown, but… | 而她在政府停摆时期很帮忙但 |
[08:16] | I thought I’d give her a shot. | 我想我会给她机会 |
[08:18] | – Just know if she doesn’t work out…. – Cab’s here, Mr. Ziegler. | -如果她不适任 -计程车来了齐格先生 |
[08:21] | Ready for blastoff? | 准备好要发射升空了吗? |
[08:25] | Have a good trip. | 祝旅途愉快 |
[08:37] | Can she write as well as she slow-dances? | 她写的跟跳慢舞一样好吗? |
[08:39] | Leo and Josh are already in there. | 里奥跟乔西已经在这里了 |
[08:41] | You always move in so fast, or is she special? | 你总是这么快速行动还是她太特别? |
[08:43] | Not your business, but we hit it off. | 不关你的事但是我们擦出火花了 |
[08:45] | – You find time for a love life? – I did have to cancel Sunday. | -你有时间谈恋爱吗? -我的确是取消星期天的约了 |
[08:49] | – An attempted coup in Riyadh. – Excuses, excuses. | -利雅德意图政变 -借口借口 |
[08:52] | Tonight, I was home free with the president at the opera… | 今晚我以为有空了 与总统去看歌剧 |
[08:55] | – … but he bailed, and you’re here. – Don’t cancel. | -但是他落跑而你又在这里 -别取消 |
[08:58] | Go late. A demanding job is a strong aphrodisiac. | 晚点去忙碌的工作是强力春药 |
[09:02] | Are you the devil? | 你是恶魔吗? |
[09:04] | It’s folks who act like angels I worry about. | 那些假装是天使的人 我才担心 |
[09:09] | – It arrived? – It did. | -到了吗? -到了 |
[09:11] | Hicks Amendment not in disappearing ink? | 西克修正案没有在纸上出现吗? |
[09:13] | – Unfortunately. – He can sign this. | -很不幸没有 -他可以签署这个 |
[09:15] | The body of the bill is right-on. | 法案主文是正确的 |
[09:17] | Helps communities mobilize when a child is abducted. | 帮助社区在绑票案发生时机动起来 |
[09:19] | The amendment isn’t limited to kidnapping. | 修正案并未只限定在绑票 |
[09:22] | It toughens federal sentencing for all offenses. | 它强化了所有犯罪的联邦刑责 |
[09:25] | No congressman ever lost re-election for looking tough on crime. | 国会议员绝不会因为努力打击犯罪 而失去二度竞选 |
[09:28] | Any president vetoing a crime bill risks becoming the Pillsbury Doughboy. | 任何反对犯罪法案的总统都会变成箭靶 |
[09:32] | At least he’s got 10 working days to decide. | 至少他还有10个工作天可以决定 |
[09:34] | If he does veto, it can wait until after the State of the Union. | 如果他要反对 可以等到国情咨文之后再说 |
[09:38] | Mr. President, Abbey. | 总统先生艾碧 |
[09:40] | – Turandot wasn’t all you hoped for. – Yeah, I’m becoming a cultural wimp. | -《杜兰朵公主》不如我们的期望 -是啊我变成文化无能者了 |
[09:45] | Can’t even sit through Puccini without banking a good night’s sleep. | 看普契尼根本无法不睡着 |
[09:48] | You certainly haven’t done that lately. | 你最近是没有那样了 |
[09:51] | So Congress launched another assault on judicial discretion? | 国会又开始攻击 另一个司法处理权了吗? |
[09:54] | I think they were aiming at kidnappers. | 我想他们是针对绑匪 |
[09:56] | Slipped in the amendment hoping we wouldn’t notice. | 偷塞到修正案中希望我们不会发现 |
[09:59] | Indiana’s in a budget crunch. They had to mothball a new state prison. | 印第安那州面临预算窘境 他们必须要编列新的州立监狱 |
[10:02] | Hicks’d like to reassure voters… | 西克想要跟选民确保 |
[10:04] | …the Federal Bureau of Prisons will take up the slack. | 联邦监狱局会处理此困境 |
[10:07] | – I should’ve issued those pardons. – You’ve had a few things to do. | -我应该要签署那些特赦案的 -反正你没有太多事要处理 |
[10:11] | Congress doesn’t know I’m serious about these Draconian sentences. | 国会不知道我对这严刑甿罚是认真的 |
[10:14] | Sir, I don’t think issuing pardons would have stopped Congress. | 长官我认为签署特赦无法阻止国会 |
[10:17] | – No. They’ve been at it for 30 years. – Yeah, war on drugs. War on crime. | -不他们已经坚持30年了 -是啊毒品之战犯罪之战 |
[10:21] | – It turned into a war on judges. – We don’t need subtle minds… | -变成了法官之战 -我们不要敏锐的人 |
[10:25] | …on the bench? Is Counsel even working on a list of pardons? | 坐上冷板凳 有在运作特赦名单了吗? |
[10:28] | – Of course. That’s ongoing. – But never gets done. | -当然正在进行中 -但是总是没有完成 |
[10:31] | Let’s talk to Justice. Get back into it. | 我们跟司法部谈回去谈 |
[10:33] | Yes, sir. | 是的长官 |
[10:35] | Of course, with the run-up to the State of the Union, this isn’t the best time. | 当然加上国情咨文的时间快要到了 这不是最佳时机 |
[10:40] | We need to stay focused. The fallout over Gabriel Lessieur alone… | 我们必须要集中注意力 光是盖尔拉西就会有连带的 |
[10:43] | Someone wants to pardon Lessieur? | 有人想要特赦拉西吗? |
[10:45] | I think Lessieur’s case merits consideration. | 我认为拉西的案子值得考虑 |
[10:49] | Sorry, ma’am. | 对不起女士 |
[10:51] | Not as sorry as you’ll be if she gets started… | 等她开始谈1977年的印地安保留区 |
[10:53] | …on what the FBI did or didn’t do on that Indian reservation in 1977. | 联邦调查局做了或是没做什么 你再对不起吧 |
[10:57] | Sir, you know I’m only concerned with timing. This bill isn’t perfect. | 长官你知道我只是担心时间 这法案并不完美 |
[11:01] | But you sign it now, you arrive for the State of the Union… | 但是你现在签了你去做国情咨文 |
[11:04] | – … in a spirit of renewed cooperation. – Something to sleep on. | -满怀崭新合作的精神 -可以拥抱入眠 |
[11:08] | – Speaking euphemistically. – There’s always hope. | -婉转的法说 -总是有希望 |
[11:10] | – Good night, all. – Good night. | -晚安各位 -晚安 |
[11:12] | Good night, Abbey. | 晚安艾碧 |
[11:13] | Good night, Charlie. Go home. | 晚安查理回家吧 |
[11:17] | Could there be a worse time to consider pardons? | 还有比现在考虑 特赦更糟糕的时机吗? |
[11:20] | – I don’t want him distracted. – Should I drag my feet? | -我不希望他分心 -我应该插手吗? |
[11:24] | – Don’t break your neck. – Is that how it usually works? | -别摔断了脖子 -那通常都是这样运作的吗? |
[11:27] | – The First Lady tees him up? – I’ve never seen her weigh in like that. | -第一夫人帮他准备好? -我从来没有看过她那样 |
[11:30] | – Not on policy. – You missed her homecoming. | -政策上不是的 -你错过她的大回航了 |
[11:33] | – Okay. Enough. – But is this their dynamic? | -好了够了 -但他们之间是这样的吗? |
[11:36] | – It’s new to me. Leo? – He’s sleeping on it. That’s all I heard. | -我可没见过里奥你呢? -他拥抱入眠我听到的就只有这样 |
[11:52] | – Where’s this coming from? – Put a damper on it. | -这是从哪里来的? -放个制音器在上面 |
[11:54] | – The president isn’t considering pardons? – Right. | -总统并没有在考虑特赦吗? -没错 |
[11:59] | He’s not commuting tribal head Lessieur… | 他不会减轻杀了两名联邦探员的 |
[12:01] | …convicted for killing two FBI agents? | 拉西酋长的罪? |
[12:03] | – No. – No clemency for a former Republican… | -不会 -不会对以诈骗被起诉而且 |
[12:05] | …governor indicted for fraud and diagnosed with cancer? | 诊断出有癌症的前共和党州长 仁慈宽待? |
[12:08] | – No. – Why does all the press think he is? | -不会 -为何所有的媒体都认为他会呢? |
[12:11] | Maybe because we called the assistant A.G. in charge of clemencies… | 或许因为我们要求负责特赦的 司法部副部长 |
[12:15] | …asking the pardon attorney from Justice… | 询问了法部门的特赦律师 |
[12:17] | …to meet with the Counsel’s office. | 请他们到检察长办公室会谈 |
[12:19] | So how about, “The ongoing process of reviewing petitions is proceeding… | 那不是审查请愿书正持续进行中 |
[12:23] | …but the president is not considering pardons now. “ | 但是总统现在并没有在考虑特赦 |
[12:26] | That works. | 这样可以 |
[12:41] | – What’s all this? – Counsel’s office sent these over. | -这些是什么? -检察长办公室送过来的 |
[12:44] | The case files for the meeting with the pardon attorney. | 与特赦律师开会的案件档案 |
[12:47] | – I didn’t think there’d be so many. – There’re only 36, but no short stories. | -我没有想到有这么多 -只有36份但是没有简短故事 |
[12:52] | Each file has the original trial record, a petition by the prisoner… | 每个档案都有原始的诉讼纪录 犯人的请愿书 |
[12:55] | …the Bureau of Prisons’ recommendation, DOJ recommendation… | 监狱局的推荐 司法部的推荐 |
[12:59] | – … Counsel’s preliminary report. – Don’t leave them here. | -检察长的初步报告 -别放在这边 |
[13:02] | – They said you wanted to take a look. – I said “we,” and when I said we… | -他们说你想要看看 -我说“我们” 而当我说我们 |
[13:06] | – You meant me. – I’ll help you. | -指的就是我 -我会帮你 |
[13:08] | – Thanks. – Move them. | -谢谢 -搬走 |
[13:10] | – Right. – You’ll need a space to spread out. | -好 -你需要有空间摊开看 |
[13:13] | We need to be familiar with the specifics of each of these petitions. | 我们需要熟悉每份请愿的细节 |
[13:16] | – And when you say “we”…. – That’s the spirit. | -而当你说“我们” -这就对了 |
[13:22] | Each participant is paid $ 10 to answer a battery of questions… | 每位参加者回答一系列问题 还有听取三个版本其中之一的演讲后 |
[13:26] | …and then listen to one of three versions of the speech. | 都会得到10块钱 |
[13:31] | In booth A, we have execution one. | 在一号座位我们会有第一种方式 |
[13:35] | And we know that the hard work of forming… | 而我们知道建立更完美的联邦 |
[13:37] | … this more perfect union belongs to us all. | 是属于我们大家的事 |
[13:41] | – The state of our union is strong. – Booth two is version B. | -我们的联邦状态是很强壮的 -二号座位是第二版本 |
[13:45] | The state of our union is strong. | 我们的联邦状态是很强壮的 |
[13:48] | With courage, with faith in our democratic foundation… | 以勇气、以我们民主基石的信心 |
[13:52] | – … and the human spirit it fosters… – And booth three. | -还有人类精神培育 -还有三号座位 |
[13:55] | … that the hard work of forming this more perfect union belongs to us all. | 建立更完美的联邦 是属于我们大家的事 |
[14:01] | – The state of our union… – Which will they go for? | -我们的联邦状态 -他们会选哪个? |
[14:04] | The Amana fridge, Samsonite luggage or door number three? | 阿曼那冰箱、三森牌行李箱 还是第三号门呢? |
[14:08] | Most of my political clients are reassured to know that these tests work in sales. | 我大部分的政治客户都得到保证 这些测试对销售是很有用的 |
[14:15] | What about your commercial clients? | 那你的商业客户呢? |
[14:19] | – They like knowing they work in politics. – It’s gotta be version B. | -他们喜欢知道他们有在做政治 -一定是第二版本 |
[14:22] | It’s strong but not mean. That’s the one, right? | 很强势但是不会很凶悍 就是那个对吗? |
[14:26] | It is. B’s showing a significant 26-percent movement in purchase intent. | 就是第二版本显现出 惊人的百分之26购买欲望 |
[14:32] | – I need some coffee. – I’ll get it. | -我需要喝咖啡 -我去拿 |
[14:33] | No. I’d rather, thank you. | 不用我自己去谢谢 |
[14:36] | Okay, well, don’t forget, we’re a left turn at the Mrs. Fields. | 好的别忘了 我们在巴特非夫人左转这边 |
[14:40] | It’s usually slow on weekends. We’ll get takeout. | 通常周末人潮比较少 我们会外带 |
[14:43] | And I’ll give you a tour, if that sounds okay. | 我会带你参观一下如果可以的话 |
[14:45] | – Okay. – E-mail me… | -好的 -寄电子邮件给我 |
[14:47] | …your date of birth and social so I can wave you in. I’ll call you later? | 你生日跟身分证字号那我才能 把你弄进来我等下打给你好吗? |
[14:52] | Any chance of five minutes for a meet-and-greet next Friday? | 下星期五有机会 用五分钟打声招呼吗? |
[14:55] | – Friday? – The vice president is in Atlanta… | -星期五? -副总统在亚特兰大 |
[14:57] | …and the Kaehlers are coming to town. | 而凯乐家的人忽然要过来 |
[14:59] | – They are…? – Robert and Jean Kaehler. | -他们是? -罗柏跟珍凯乐 |
[15:02] | WestCo Mining. One of our best contributors west of the Rockies. | 西科矿业我们在落矶山脉以西 最大的赞助者之一 |
[15:05] | – I’ll see. – Thanks. | -我再看看 -谢谢 |
[15:07] | Don’t promise them. | 先别答应 |
[15:14] | Yes, sir. | 是的长官 |
[15:15] | Did you know Woodrow Wilson averaged 344 acts of clemency a year? | 你知道威尔森平均每年 特赦344个人吗? |
[15:21] | – I didn’t. – Calvin Coolidge managed 326. | -我不知道 -柯立芝也有326个 |
[15:24] | FDR was over 300 yearly, for a grand total of 3687. | 罗斯福每年超过300个 全部总共是3687个 |
[15:30] | Until the last 40 years, presidents routinely exercised their power… | 直到过去40年以来美国总统 固定运用宪法赋予他们的力量 |
[15:34] | …as stated in the Constitution, to give relief against harsh sentences. | 减轻严厉刑责 |
[15:38] | Recent presidents have averaged 40, 20 and 7 pardons a year. | 最近几任的总统平均是每年40个 20个还有7个 |
[15:43] | – Why’d we get so stingy? – Law and order’s a national concern. | -我们为什么要这么小气呢? -法治是国家重要的事 |
[15:47] | And the pardon process has become less transparent. | 而特赦过程已经越来越不透明了 |
[15:50] | No records kept, no rationales given. | 没有纪录留下没有背后原因 |
[15:52] | The ones we do remember, the Eugene Debs… | 我们还记得的案件尤金代柏 |
[15:55] | …the Jimmy Hoffas, were controversial, if not downright scandals. | 吉米哈发如果不是说丑闻 也可以说都是有争议性的 |
[15:59] | You understand, sir, I’m not against you issuing pardons. | 您了解的长官我不是反对您特赦 |
[16:03] | The benign prerogative, that’s what Hamilton called them. | 仁慈的特权那是汉弥顿称之的 |
[16:06] | Benign? It’s a bag of lit dynamite. | 仁慈?那是一袋的爆裂物 |
[16:10] | Yeah, maybe the FBI bungled its investigation… | 是的或许联邦调查局30年前 |
[16:13] | …on an Indian reservation 30 years ago. | 在印地安保留区上搞砸了调查 |
[16:16] | And maybe we let the wrong guy go… | 也许我们抓错了人 |
[16:18] | …from puberty to retirement in a prison cell. | 让他从青少年到老都待在监狱 |
[16:20] | And sure, maybe it would be a generous act… | 而且或许或许这会是仁慈的举动 |
[16:23] | …of bipartisanship to forgive an ex-governor who’s battling cancer… | 来原谅一个与癌症奋战的前州长 |
[16:27] | Who never would have gone to trial if a Republican were sitting in this office. | 如果这办公室坐的是共和党的人 他根本也不用接受审判 |
[16:32] | I know the First Lady has received letters from tribal leaders… | 我知道第一夫人有收到部落长老来信 |
[16:35] | Is Josh sitting in on this meeting with Justice today? | 乔西今天有参与跟司法部的会议吗? |
[16:38] | – He’s in and out. – The attorney general send… | -他进进出出 -司法部长派 |
[16:41] | – … a deputy with a heartbeat? – Fisk didn’t send a deputy A.G. | -一个有心脏病的副部长? -费斯没有派司法部副部长来 |
[16:44] | Just the pardon attorney. | 只有特赦律师 |
[16:45] | The A.G. expects White House Counsel to sit down without a… | 司法部长期望白宫检察长跟一个 |
[16:48] | Actually, Counsel isn’t in this either. It’s more preliminary. | 事实上检察长也没有参加 这是相当初期的 |
[16:53] | Is deputy counsel there? | 副检察长会在吗? |
[16:57] | Who is in this meeting, Leo? | 谁有参加此会议里奥? |
[16:59] | So that’s my main concern. If Josh doesn’t return… | 那就是我担心的如果乔西没有回 |
[17:02] | – I’ll get you an answer. – We need guidance. | -我会给你回覆的 -我们需要引导 |
[17:05] | Is the president looking for packing peanuts, or does he want…? | 总统要找包装花生还是他想要 |
[17:08] | – “Packing peanuts”? – Yeah. | -“包装花生”? -是的 |
[17:12] | Please, everyone, sit. | 各位请坐 |
[17:13] | – You’re my pardon attorney? – Yes, Mr. President. Portia Colgrave. | -你是我的特赦律师? -是的总统先生我是波夏可圭 |
[17:18] | You’ve survived three administrations in this job. Am I right? | 你当了三个任期对吗? |
[17:21] | – You are, sir. – So how do I stack up? | -是的长官 -那我该怎么做呢? |
[17:24] | – You’re about at par. – Which ain’t saying much, is it? | -你在一般标准 -这并没有说明什么不是吗? |
[17:27] | – May I? – Yes, sir. | -我可以吗? -可以长官 |
[17:30] | This is the list that we’ve been discussing? | 这就是我们一直在讨论的名单吗? |
[17:33] | These are first-time offenders who’ve served at least five years… | 这些都是初犯 且都服刑个满5年以上 |
[17:36] | …of a 10-year or longer sentence under the guidelines. | 刑期都在10年或是更久以上 |
[17:40] | Ten years or longer. All nonviolent? | 10年或是更久都是非暴力的吗? |
[17:42] | Oh, yes, Mr. President. | 是的总统先生 |
[17:44] | So where were you? | 那你们现在讨论得如何? |
[17:46] | We were about to discuss packing peanuts. | 我们正准备要讨论包装花生 |
[17:50] | The Roosevelt Room was the president’s office… | 罗斯福厅原本是总统办公室 |
[17:54] | …until FDR built the Oval. Here’s the communications bullpen. | 直到罗斯福建造了椭圆办公室 这里是临时通讯处 |
[17:58] | Slow down. I’m a little overwhelmed. | 慢一点我有点接不上来 |
[18:01] | – My plan’s to sweep you off your feet. – You have. | -我的计划就是把你撂倒 -你有过了 |
[18:04] | You were pretty easy. | 你挺容易撂倒的 |
[18:05] | And, boy, was I relieved when you called again. | 喔当你再打来时 我真是松了一口气 |
[18:08] | I never do that. I’m actually kind of a prude. | 我不会再那样做了 事实上我是有点假装正经 |
[18:11] | Fooled me. This is the West Lobby. | 骗了我这是西厅 |
[18:14] | Get your bearings for when you come back. | 回来时就彬彬有礼了 |
[18:16] | – What do you mean? – I talked to C.J. about getting you… | -你是什么意思? -我跟茜洁聊到要怎么让你 |
[18:19] | – C.J. Cregg? – Next week, the president’s meeting… | -茜洁葛瑞? -下星期总统跟大学编辑 |
[18:22] | …with college editors for Martin Luther King Day… | 在金恩博士纪念日有场会议 |
[18:25] | …and I asked C.J. if it would be okay for you to join. | 我问了茜洁可不可以让你参加 |
[18:28] | Did you say something after “president”? | 你在“总统”之后有说了什么吗? |
[18:30] | It’ll be an intimate group of 60. | 只有60个人而已 |
[18:32] | – Thank you. I’m nervous already. – I read your piece. You got game. | -谢谢我已经开始紧张了 -我看过你写的东西很不错 |
[18:36] | – Hey, Donna. – Hey, Charlie. | -嘿唐娜 -嘿查理 |
[18:38] | Donna Moss, Meeshell Anders. | 唐娜摩斯米雪安德斯 |
[18:40] | – Hi, nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. | -嗨很高兴认识你 -幸会 |
[18:42] | – Giving Meeshell the nickel tour. – It’s great. | -正在带米雪到处参观 -不错 |
[18:45] | – We all forget. – Yeah, it’s amazing. | -我们都忘了 -是啊真的是很惊人 |
[18:47] | – Got food coming, if you wanna join us. – You’re too polite. | -要去吃东西了欢迎你加入 -你太客气了 |
[18:50] | – He’s too polite. – What are you doing here today? | -他太客气了 -你今天来做什么? |
[18:53] | Don’t ask. It’s too depressing. | 别问了真的很沮丧 |
[18:56] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[19:14] | Packing peanuts, that’s what they’re called. | 包装花生他们是那样说的 |
[19:17] | The low-profile cases? | 低调的案子? |
[19:18] | Apparently, these nameless offenders can be useful insulation for any cronies… | 明显地这些无名的罪犯可以成为 我想逃离一些密友的 |
[19:22] | – … I may wanna spring. – Getting pressure? | -有用方式 -有压力吗? |
[19:25] | All over my call sheet. | 我的来电清单上面都是 |
[19:27] | If I commute a Chippewa and an indicted Republican, they might cancel… | 如果我减轻一个契帕瓦人跟一个 被起诉的共和党员效果可能会 |
[19:31] | – … each other out. – But they’re off the front burner now? | -互相抵触 -要优先考虑他们吗? |
[19:34] | I know how you feel about Lessieur. I’ll consider him in the future. | 我知道你是怎么看拉西的 我会在未来列入考虑 |
[19:38] | But it’s these packing peanuts… | 但是这些包装花生 |
[19:40] | …these victims of minimums that are bugging me. | 这些强制服刑期限的受害者很让我烦恼 |
[19:43] | That’s what Congress pushed front and center with this amendment. | 那就是国会往前推进 放置在修正条例中心的 |
[19:46] | I can’t sign a bill that toughens guidelines and ties judges’ hands… | 我不能签署强化引导且会束缚 法官双手的法案 |
[19:50] | …then turn around next month and advocate judicial discretion. | 然后在下个月回转回来 再提倡司法谨慎处理 |
[19:53] | – What’s in this? – Just warm milk. | -这里面是什么呢? -只是热牛奶 |
[19:56] | – Does this ever work? – It has. | -这有用吗? -有 |
[20:01] | Are you worried this might be another Wallace Turner? | 你担心这会是另一起透纳案吗? |
[20:04] | A little, sure. | 有一点当然 |
[20:06] | You were a new governor and listened to the advice of your parole board. | 当时你是新州长 听取保释委员会的建言 |
[20:11] | His victim’s family probably isn’t too comforted by that. | 他受害者的家人可能不会太高兴 |
[20:15] | Leo’s worried it’s the wrong time for pardons. | 里奥担心现在不是特赦的时候 |
[20:18] | Leo hates to see you sleepless and distracted… | 里奥不想看到你失眠然后分心 |
[20:20] | …as you’re announcing your agenda for the year. | 尤其是在你宣布今年计划的时候 |
[20:23] | Do you hate to see me sleepless and distracted? | 你不想看到我失眠跟分心吗? |
[20:25] | This is just your preamble. | 这只是你的前言 |
[20:28] | You’re about to be inspired. | 你即将要被感召了 |
[20:31] | – Wait. Never mind. – No. It’s right here. | -等一下算了 -不就在这里 |
[20:43] | – Good finale. – As seen on TV. | -很棒的结尾 -就像在电视上看到的一样 |
[20:47] | – It’s a little smaller than I thought. – And dirtier. | -这比我想像中的小一点 -还有脏一点 |
[20:51] | Why the press can’t clean up after themselves…. | 为什么媒体在事后不能自己清洁 |
[20:54] | You enjoy the picnic? | 你喜欢野餐吗? |
[20:56] | On a porch outside the Oval Office? | 在总统办公室外面的阳台吗? |
[20:58] | – It was all right. – And the president only called once. | -没关系 -而总统只有打来一次 |
[21:01] | – Was that really him? – No. I faked it. | -那真的是他吗? -不是是我装的 |
[21:04] | – It was Rick in Protocol. – It’s kind of sexy when you’re all: | -那是礼仪司的瑞克 -你刚刚真的很性感这样装: |
[21:07] | “Yes, sir, did you look on the bookshelf, Mr. President?” | “是的长官你有找过书架吗 总统先生?” |
[21:11] | Go on. Get up behind the podium. I’ll take your picture. | 走啊走到讲台后面我帮你拍照 |
[21:15] | You brought a camera? | 你有带照相机? |
[21:17] | Go on. You belong up there. | 上去你是属于那上面的 |
[21:20] | I started to bring this up before but didn’t want to on the phone. | 我之前有提过但是不想在电话中提 |
[21:24] | – What? – I do belong here. | -什么? -我的确是属于这里的 |
[21:27] | – I know it. – No, I mean I really do belong here. | -我知道 -我是说我真的是属于这里的 |
[21:33] | – It wasn’t for certain when we met but… – What? | -我们相遇的时候还不确定但是 -什么? |
[21:36] | I’m coming to work here. | 我要来这边工作 |
[21:39] | – Here? – My internship’s ending… | -这里? -我的实习快要结束了 |
[21:42] | …and I’ve been offered an entry-level job in the press corps. | 而且我已经在新闻处找到一个 初级的工作了 |
[21:45] | The White House press corps? | 白宫新闻处? |
[21:47] | I’m gonna be an off-camera reporter for NBC… | 我要当国家广播电籓幕后记者 |
[21:49] | …making sure the on-camera reporter gets called if something happens. | 确定如果有事情发生时 摄影机前的记者会知道 |
[21:53] | You’re covering the White House… | 你要报导白宫 |
[21:56] | – … the president for a network? – I will be. | -在电视上报导总统? -将来会是 |
[21:59] | And you let me act like…. | 而你让我表现像是 |
[22:02] | – You didn’t mention this. – I know. I didn’t wanna… | -你没有提过 -我知道我不想要 |
[22:04] | Everything I said today was off the record. | 我今天所说的一切都不可刊登 |
[22:07] | – No, of course. – He depends on my discretion. | -当然不可 -他信赖我的谨慎 |
[22:09] | – Charlie, I would never… – He’s not just the president. | -查理我绝对不会 -他不只是总统 |
[22:14] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[22:18] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[22:23] | I really don’t think this should change anything. | 我真的不认为这应该改变任何事 |
[22:39] | We have seats on the 1: 10, Bill. Is it Bill? | 我们在1点10分有座位比尔 是比尔吗? |
[22:45] | – We’d hoped to get something earlier. – Please. | -我们希望可以早点拿到一些东西 -请 |
[22:49] | This is murder. I’m out of here. | 真是要命我要走了 |
[22:51] | – Is something wrong, sir? – Yeah, keep your 10 bucks. | -发生什么事呢?先生 -留下你的10块钱吧 |
[22:54] | That might work. | 这样也行 |
[22:57] | Is that into Dulles? | 是飞杜勒斯机场吗? |
[23:02] | Hi, are you a registered voter? | 嗨你是有投票权的选民吗? |
[23:04] | Excuse me, sir, I’m with the polling group inside. | 不好意思先生 我是里面的民调的人 |
[23:07] | – I saw you in there. – I was curious, why’d you walk out? | -我看到你在里面 -我非常好奇你为什么要走掉? |
[23:10] | – It’s a waste of time. – Why? | -那是浪费时间 -为什么? |
[23:11] | Politics. What, are you guys trying to target me or trying to find out… | 玩弄政治你们想要把我们当成 主要目标然后找出 |
[23:15] | …what makes me, I don’t know…? What is it you want? | 什么东西可以让我们我不知道? 你们要的是什么呢? |
[23:19] | You want me to feel like I’m part of the club? | 你要我觉得我像身置及其中吗? |
[23:21] | – Oh, maybe. – Well, you won’t do it with words. | -喔或许吧 -嗯光说没用 |
[23:24] | Not words that are pre-tested and reworked, sanded down… | 事先经过测试或是修饰过 |
[23:28] | …wrapped in a bow. Hey, you wanna impress me? | 包装精美华丽的文字都不行 嘿你想要让我感动吗? |
[23:32] | Do something. Talk’s cheap, pal. | 那就做点事光说不练很烂 |
[23:36] | Ever listen to the president when he addresses the nation? | 你有听过总统发表国情咨文吗? |
[23:39] | Yeah, sometimes. I usually end up throwing something at the set. | 有时候有 通常最后都很想拿东西砸电视 |
[23:44] | Josh calling. What was that? | 乔西打来怎么样呢? |
[23:46] | That’s my guy. That’s who I write for. | 那是我的人那是我要写的对象 |
[23:49] | – Yeah. – Toby, we need you back. | -是的 -托比我们需要你回来 |
[23:51] | President’s made some decisions that will affect the State of the Union. | 总统做了一些会影响国情咨文的决定 |
[23:55] | How? | 怎么了? |
[24:02] | I’m saying, if he vetoes the bill tonight… | 我是说如果他今晚反对法案 |
[24:04] | How many times do I have to tell you he’s…? | 我要告诉你多少次 他是 |
[24:07] | He’s vetoing the amendment. | 他要反对修正案 |
[24:08] | It’s a veto. It’s not like Congress will forget in a week. | 是反对国会不会一个星期就忘怀的 |
[24:11] | Could be an icy reception for the State of the Union. | 可能让国情咨文得到很冰冷的入场欢迎 |
[24:14] | I’m still not clear about the pardons. Maybe the First Lady could explain it. | 我还是不太明白特赦案的事 或许第一夫人可以解释 |
[24:18] | He’s not pardoning Lessieur or any ex-governors. | 他不会特赦拉西或是任何的前州长 |
[24:20] | He’s strictly granting commutations… | 他对判刑准则与强制服刑期限 |
[24:22] | …where minimums and guidelines resulted in unfair sentences. | 造成不公平的判决 绝对会给予仁慈宽待 |
[24:26] | Yeah. I’ve been trying to say that, but… | 是的我一直试着要那样说但是 |
[24:28] | When pardons are rumored, lobbying takes on a life of its own. | 当有特赦消息传出 游说就必须要成功 |
[24:31] | – No chance he could delay? – Hey. | -没有机会他可以延缓吗? -嘿 |
[24:33] | – You’re straight from the airport? – Welcome to hell. | -你从机场直接过来的吗? -欢迎来到地狱 |
[24:35] | So Congress forced our hand with a crime bill. | 国会强迫我们通过犯罪法案 |
[24:38] | The president wants to run into the fire and issue pardons. | 总统想要飞蛾扑火然后签署特赦 |
[24:41] | Plenty of lemons we can’t make a thing out of. | 柠檬虽多但做不出菜来 |
[24:44] | Except hemlock. | 除了铁杉木之外 |
[24:46] | Actually, I think the president’s instinct is right. | 事实上我认为总统的直觉是对的 |
[24:50] | We don’t run away from this. We… | 我们不可以逃避我们 |
[24:53] | We pack his veto of the Hicks Amendment… | 我们加上他对西克修正案的反对 |
[24:55] | …and his policy-based pardons… | 还有他以政策为基础的特赦 |
[24:58] | …in with the speech, make it more than an isolated speech. | 在国情咨文中 把它变成不只是独立的一场演说 |
[25:01] | Come out for gay marriage in the military too. | 也提到军队中同志婚姻的议题 |
[25:03] | I’m serious. I say the president announces his veto on the eve… | 我是认真的我说总统要在 国情咨文的前一晚宣布 |
[25:07] | …of the State of the Union. The next morning, his pardons are act two… | 他的反对案 隔天早上再上演他的特赦 |
[25:10] | Of respect for federal judges. | 基于尊重联邦法官 |
[25:13] | And prelude to his trip to the Hill that night. | 也是当晚他前进至国会山庄的前奏曲 |
[25:15] | Which now is more than hat-in-hand… | 而现在只不过是谦卑地 |
[25:17] | …begging Congress for a laundry list of priorities. | 哀求国会给我们优先顺序清单 |
[25:20] | The State of the Union becomes a few words about his agenda… | 国情咨文变成少数几个文字 |
[25:23] | …from the president, who is a busy guy. | 描述总统的议程 而他是个很忙碌的人 |
[25:26] | It’s the closest to what the president wants. | 这是最接近总统想要的 |
[25:28] | – Can we pull it off? – At least we come out swinging. | -我们可以处理好吗? -至少我们不能输阵 |
[25:31] | Well, we own the news. Courage of our convictions. | 新闻是我们在掌控的 我们勇敢的信念 |
[25:34] | Republicans will try to demagogue us with these pardons. | 共和党会利用那些特赦来煽动我们 |
[25:37] | We focus on the most sympathetic cases. | 我们焦点放在最令人同情的案件上 |
[25:39] | Personal stories will make it less abstract. | 个人故事可以比较不抽象 |
[25:42] | I gotta keep writing. | 我得继续写 |
[25:45] | Josh, I need you to hone this list of commutations to a perfect few. | 乔西我需要你将这份减刑名单简化 |
[25:50] | I understand Justice has given some 30 names to Counsel. | 我了解司法部给了检察长30个名字 |
[25:54] | – Thirty-six. We’re taking a look too. – We need poster kids. | -36个我们正在看 -我们需要范例人物 |
[25:57] | – Former and future altar boys and girls. – Are they all in for crack? | -以前或是未来的辅祭男孩跟女孩 -他们都是因为可卡因才进来的吗? |
[26:01] | Not all, but we’re talking mandatory minimums. That means drugs. | 不全然是但我们谈的是强制服刑期限 那就表示是毒品 |
[26:05] | – You want 10 names? – Five or six. | -你要10个名字吗? -5或6个 |
[26:08] | Remember how they’re gonna look in the Times photo… | 记住他们在《时代杂志》的照片 看起来会是如何 |
[26:10] | …and let’s spare him any recidivists. | 让我们把累犯省略掉吧 |
[26:14] | The First Lady called to remind you of your invite to New Hampshire… | 第一夫人打电话来提醒你 总统之周你受邀到 |
[26:18] | …for President’s Weekend. | 新罕布夏 |
[26:20] | She doesn’t wanna pressure you, but they won’t take no for an answer. | 她不想要给你压力 但是他们不会接受拒绝的 |
[26:31] | Do we wanna comment on a rumor that FBI agents will picket… | 我们要评论谣言说如果总统特赦拉西 |
[26:36] | – … if the president pardons Lessieur? – No comment on rumors. Did the FBI? | -联邦探员就会罢工吗? -不评论谣言联邦调查局有吗? |
[26:40] | Bureau chief said it would only be off-duty officers. | 局长说只会是一些没有执勤的员工 |
[26:42] | – Oh, good. Any other calls? – Ben of Glacier Bay. | -喔很好还有其他电话吗? -冰河湾的班 |
[26:46] | Is he really a park ranger? He did this Smokey the Bear riff… | 他真的是公园骑警吗? 他有做过森林 |
[26:50] | What are you…? Don’t talk to him. | 你是?别跟他说话 |
[26:53] | – You want me to hang up? – I… | -要我挂断吗? -我 |
[26:55] | Put him on hold, and find me if he calls again. | 让他等一下如果他再打来再找我 |
[26:58] | If? | 如果? |
[27:01] | – You were looking for me? – Your friend’s name… | -你在找我吗? -你朋友的名字 |
[27:04] | – … for the MLK college junket. – Yeah, that’s… Forget that. | -去金恩博士纪念日的会议 -是啊是算了 |
[27:07] | – Isn’t gonna happen. – Are you sure? | -那不可能的 -你确定吗? |
[27:09] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[27:12] | C.J., with the press, could you ever trust a reporter? | 茜洁跟媒体你会相信记者吗? |
[27:17] | – Is this the beginning of a joke? – Never mind. | -要开始说笑话了吗? -算了 |
[27:23] | Mr. Ziegler asked if you could give this a read and get him notes ASAP. | 齐格先生问你是不是可以看一下 然后马上给他回覆 |
[27:27] | – Was he smiling? – Does he smile? | -他有在笑吗? -他会笑吗? |
[27:30] | – The Kaehlers are in the Mural Room. – Who are they? | -凯乐家在壁划厅 -他们是谁? |
[27:33] | Moneybags from Colorado. The vice president’s out of town. | 科罗拉多来的钱袋 副总统不在 |
[27:36] | The president got held up with the Joint Chiefs. | 总统正在跟参谋长开会 |
[27:45] | You don’t have to be pissy. | 你不要这么别扭 |
[27:48] | This is not pissy. | 这不是别扭 |
[27:50] | It’s a huge risk for the president. We have to cull the list. | 这对总统是很大的危险 我们必须要仔细筛选名单 |
[27:55] | – We have to be brutal. – These 36 people… | -我们必须要残酷 -挑这36个人 |
[27:57] | …haven’t been culled enough from thousands? | 不够残酷吗? |
[27:59] | – And in prison for at least five years. – For committing crimes. | -还在监狱关了至少5年以上 -因为他们犯罪 |
[28:03] | They submitted petitions that took two years… | 他们花了两年从每个单位不断 |
[28:05] | …to inch from desk to desk. None are violent, although by now I would be. | 上呈请愿罪行都非暴力的 虽然现在我可能会蛮暴力的 |
[28:09] | None have priors. A lot of them, their judges spoke at sentencing… | 都没有前科许多人的法官在判刑时 |
[28:13] | …against what they had to impose. | 都说明他们反对强加的刑责 |
[28:15] | – Doesn’t mean we stop scrutinizing. – Scrutinize away. You tell me, do we… | -不代表我们停止审阅 -审阅吧你告诉我我们要 |
[28:19] | …toss out Daisy Aimes, mother of three, two jobs… | 去除黛西艾姆一个三个孩子的母亲 兼职两份工作 |
[28:21] | …had a boyfriend who stored a kilo in her closet? | 只因男朋友在她的衣橱里藏了 一公斤的可卡因? |
[28:24] | She’s done eight years and is facing 11 more. | 她已经服刑8年了还要再服11年 |
[28:26] | That’s longer than rapists and child molesters get. | 这比强暴犯还有恋童癖都还久 |
[28:29] | There’s about 15 Daisys in here. | 这里大约有15个黛西 |
[28:31] | – Do we pick three? – Donna… | -我们要挑三个吗? -唐娜 |
[28:32] | You haven’t read these files or looked at these photos, and I don’t blame you. | 你尚未看过这些档案或是这些照片 我不责怪你 |
[28:36] | I wish I never had. | 我希望我从来没有看过 |
[28:38] | But I don’t see a list anymore. | 但我看到的不再是名单了 |
[28:41] | These are people. | 他们都是人 |
[28:44] | If you wanna cull them, jump in. I’m done. | 如果你要筛选他们请便我做完了 |
[28:48] | Sorry, am I…? | 抱歉我是 |
[28:51] | No. He’s got the Kaehlers in the Mural Room, we know. | 不他要见在壁画厅的凯乐我们知道 |
[28:54] | You may wanna skip them. They’re not here by chance. | 你最好跳过他们他们不是没事来的 |
[28:56] | – What do you mean? – Their son petitioned for clemency. | -你是什么意思? -他们的儿子请愿要求特赦 |
[28:59] | – They’re here to plead his case. – There’s a major party contributor… | -他们是为他的案子来求情的 -很重要的党资助者 |
[29:03] | …with a family member under consideration? | 有家庭成员在被考虑中吗? |
[29:05] | – No Kaehler on the list. – The wife’s son, a former marriage. | -没有凯乐在名单上 -是他太太的儿子前一次婚姻的 |
[29:09] | His name is Morrisey. | 他的名字是莫瑞士 |
[29:11] | Donovan Morrisey? | 唐纳文莫瑞士吗? |
[29:15] | Estes Park. High school senior who FedEx’d LSD. | 艾斯公园高中高中三年级生 用快递寄送迷幻药 |
[29:18] | – I can tell them you’re tied up. – No. | -我可以告诉他们你在忙 -不用 |
[29:21] | I will. | 我去 |
[29:28] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[29:29] | – He’s gone for the day. – She’s gonna be working here. | -他走了 -她要来这里工作 |
[29:32] | – You can’t ignore her. – Good night, Angela. | -你可以不要理她 -晚安安琪拉 |
[29:35] | Take her calls. Don’t get mad and write her off the guest list. | 接她电话不要生气 然后将她从宾客名单中删除 |
[29:38] | She’s beyond college editors. Way beyond. | 她不单是大学编辑绝对不止 |
[29:41] | – Her family founded The Afro-American. – If you wanna know a girl’s whole life… | -她的家族创立了《非裔美国人》 -如果你想要在陷入之前 |
[29:45] | …before getting involved, I have two words for you: search engine. | 认识一个女孩子的一生 我有四个字给你:搜寻引擎 |
[29:48] | – You knew about the corps? – I didn’t. I’m friends with her aunt. | -你知道她会加入记者团? -我不知道我朋友跟她姑姑认识 |
[29:52] | Should’ve guessed. The web of District aunts can’t be avoided. | 我应该要猜到的 特区到处都是姑姑 |
[29:55] | Unless you date the president’s daughter. | 除非你是跟总统的女儿在交往 |
[29:58] | Have a nice weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[30:02] | – How did it ever get this far? – He has his mother’s name. | -为什么会到这种地步呢? -他用了他母亲的姓氏 |
[30:05] | He fit all our criteria for commutation. | 他符合我们特赦的所有条件 |
[30:08] | We didn’t put it together. Maybe the press won’t. | 我们没有放在一起想或许媒体不会 |
[30:11] | – Sir, if they do… – Your message gets stampeded. | -长官万一他们有 -你的讯息就会被贴上标签 |
[30:14] | “White House bends justice for big bucks. “ | “白宫因钱扭曲司法” |
[30:16] | – Even though we weren’t. – And who’s gonna believe that? | -即使我们并没有 -而有谁会相信呢? |
[30:19] | The kid’s parents practically bankroll the Colorado party… | 这孩子的父母基本上就是 科罗拉多党部的所有财源 |
[30:22] | – … and that White House visit. – So this kid gets screwed… | -加上白宫之访 -所以这孩子被牺牲了 |
[30:26] | – … for having an important family. – You can commute him in the future. | -因为他有个显赫的家庭 -你可以在将来特赦他 |
[30:31] | How’s Counsel doing on the rest of the list? | 检察长如何处理名单上其他人? |
[30:34] | I touched base with them about an idea. I know you and Toby need to work on… | 我跟他们达成共识 我知道你还有托比需要做 |
[30:38] | – … the new speech parts. – We need to settle this. | -新的讲稿部分 -我们需料理此事 |
[30:40] | If you wanna throw light on how minimums and guidelines… | 如果你想要宣扬轻罪与准则 |
[30:44] | …conspire to produce disproportionate punishment… | 联手促成不成比例的责罚 |
[30:47] | And worse, leave judges impotent. | 还有更糟的让法官无能化 |
[30:48] | Our judicial system is predicated on an individual’s right to a fair trial. | 我们的司法系统是基于每个个人 都应该有权享有公平的审判 |
[30:53] | But how individual is that process if a 258-box grid seals your fate… | 但是个人还没有机会到联邦法官面前 |
[30:59] | …before you ever step foot in front of a federal judge… | 就被关在258根铁条后面了 |
[31:02] | …that my office has invested considerable effort in selecting… | 我的办公室投入了 不少的心力选择 |
[31:05] | …who is then constrained from exercising basic common sense… | 谁因没有运用基本常识而受压迫 |
[31:09] | …while 29-year-old prosecutors, making their bones on their win-loss record… | 当29岁的检察官努力想要在他们 的输赢纪录上有好纪录 |
[31:14] | …hold the only discretion in the whole system? | 就是整个系统的谨慎吗? |
[31:17] | – Were you taking notes? – Got it. | -你有在做笔记吗? -有 |
[31:18] | Sir, let’s say the list stays at 36 names, or 35 without this Colorado man. | 长官假设名单还是36名 或是35名少了这个科罗拉多人 |
[31:23] | We don’t monkey around creating a few poster kids. | 我们不会胡搞然后弄出新的范例人物 |
[31:26] | We say all these cases represent a larger injustice. It’s not just about them. | 我们说这些所有的案件代表的都是 大层面的司法不公不只是他们个人 |
[31:35] | – Is she waiting outside? – She is. | -她在外面等着吗? -是的 |
[31:37] | – But honestly, sir, I… – No. | -但是老实说长官我 -不 |
[31:40] | She took the bullet we all managed to dodge. Show her in, please. | 她接下了我们都躲掉的子弹 请她进来 |
[31:47] | Hey. You can come in. | 嘿可以进来了 |
[31:51] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[31:53] | I understand you have a message for me. | 我了解你有讯息要给我 |
[31:55] | Yes, sir. I promised Mrs. Kaehler I’d do my best. | 是的长官我答应凯乐夫人 我会尽力 |
[31:58] | What did she say? | 她说了什么? |
[32:01] | She said her son, Donovan, made a terrible mistake… | 她说她儿子唐纳文在还是青少年时 |
[32:04] | …when he was still a teenager. | 犯了很严重的错 |
[32:06] | It doesn’t excuse anything, but her divorce was very hard on him. | 那没有借口但她离婚让他很难受 |
[32:10] | By the time he went to trial, the shock of his arrest… | 到了他上法庭的时候 他被逮捕的惊吓 |
[32:13] | …had given her family a wake-up call. | 一棒敲醒了她的家人 |
[32:15] | Donovan had completed a drug-treatment program… | 唐纳文已经完成毒品治疗疗程 |
[32:17] | …finished high school and been accepted to college. | 完成高中学业并且考上大学 |
[32:20] | The guidelines prevented the judge from considering any of those things. | 但准则却禁止法官考量这些事 |
[32:25] | She said after Donovan finished one year in prison… | 她说在唐纳文在监狱中服满一年后 |
[32:28] | …missed one birthday, one Christmas, one fly-fishing season… | 错过了一个生日一个圣诞节 一个钓鱼季 |
[32:32] | …the other six years he spent in Leavenworth have been a frozen hell. | 他待在里文斯的六年 对他们而言如冷酷的地狱 |
[32:36] | Her words, “a frozen hell. ” She wasn’t… She’s… | 她的用词“冷酷的地狱” 她并没有她并没有 |
[32:42] | She’s someone who copes. | 她是可以调适过来 |
[32:45] | But she said if it would make a difference, she’d get on her knees. | 但是她说如果有用的话她可以下跪 |
[32:52] | She begged for your mercy. | 她哀求你的慈悲 |
[32:57] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[33:01] | Thank you, Donna. | 谢谢你唐娜 |
[33:20] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[33:25] | Take him. | 删除他 |
[33:27] | Take Donovan off the list. | 把唐纳文从名单删除 |
[33:31] | You can pardon him in the spring, after the dust settles. | 你可以在春天特赦他 在一切尘埃落定之后 |
[33:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:44] | The price tag for our failure to learn this lesson is far too costly. | 我们记取这次失败的教训 耗费太多了 |
[33:50] | We must listen to what our federal judges are telling us… | 我们必须听取联邦法官建言 |
[33:53] | …about the sentencing guidelines and mandatory minimums. | 关于判刑准则还有强制服刑期限 而国会 |
[33:58] | Congress has to wean itself from the expensive high of enacting laws… | 必须放弃制定法律的高度代价 |
[34:01] | …which appear tough on crime but are ineffective. | 这些法律看来严苛但却无效率 |
[34:04] | I will never surrender in the war on drugs… | 我将不会屈服于毒品的战争 |
[34:07] | …but if you’re consistently getting slaughtered on the battlefield… | 但是如果你不断在战场上被屠杀 |
[34:10] | …you’ve probably misjudged your enemy. | 你或许就是错估你的敌人了 |
[34:13] | I don’t offer these pardons today to kingpins or career traffickers… | 我不会在今天特赦一些特殊重要人物 或是职业毒贩 |
[34:17] | …who lay waste to our innocent citizens. | 那些把垃圾加诸到无辜公民身上的人 |
[34:19] | But I do extend these clemencies like amnesties… | 但是我会延展这些宽赦如同在 |
[34:23] | …after a prolonged, bloody war… | 冗长的血腥战争之后的大赦 |
[34:25] | …to some among us who have fallen to a ravaging and confounding enemy. | 给在我们之间误入敌营的一些人 |
[34:30] | I offer these clemencies confident that if we re-enlist… | 我有信心提供这些宽赦 如果我们重新争取 |
[34:34] | … our judges ‘ wisdom, we stand a better chance of prevailing against crime. | 法官们智慧的同意 我们才有更佳的机会战胜犯罪 |
[34:40] | We have to accept that to be truly tough on crime… | 我们必须接受要真正严惩犯罪 |
[34:42] | … we must first understand how to be smart. | 我们必须要先了解如何有智慧 |
[34:45] | That’s our boy. | 这就是我们的好孩子 |
[34:48] | It is not a simple lack of… | 那不只是缺乏 |
[34:49] | If it was you whispering pardons in his ear, it was the right thing. | 如果是你在他耳边耳语提起特赦 那是正确的 |
[34:54] | I don’t whisper, Leo. | 我不耳语的里奥 |
[34:57] | That’s not how it works between us. | 我们之间不是那样的 |
[35:01] | My job is to help Jed be as good a president as he is a man. | 我的工作就是帮助杰德当个总统 像他好男人一样 |
[35:07] | I’m not gonna sit back and judge anymore. | 我不会再放手不管只是批评了 |
[35:09] | I’m gonna jump in and get my hands dirty. | 我要跳进来参与亲自下海 |
[35:12] | We can use the help. | 我们需要你的帮助 |
[35:15] | Come on in here. | 请进来 |
[35:17] | Let’s have a cup of tea… | 我们来喝杯茶吧 |
[35:18] | …unless you ignore my invitations on principle these days. | 除非你基于这些日子的原则 要忽视我的邀请 |
[35:22] | About President’s Weekend, I’m thrilled. | 关于总统之周的邀请我非常高兴 |
[35:25] | – But I thought I’d give you a chance… – To back out? | -但是我以为是给你机会 -反悔吗? |
[35:28] | We want to see you. We invited you. | 我们想要见你我们邀请了你 |
[35:31] | It’s been ages since we stayed up late, arguing the proper sequence… | 我们已经好久没有熬夜争辩 |
[35:35] | – … of hands in Shanghai Rum. – It’s one set, one run, a run and a set. | -玩扑克牌的规则顺序 -是发一次牌玩一次一次再发一次 |
[35:40] | I thought you might reconsider. You may not have gotten your invitation yet. | 我以为你会再考虑过 你可能还没有收到邀请 |
[35:45] | – Is this about Jenny’s wedding? – Yeah. | -是跟珍妮的婚礼有关吗? -是的 |
[35:47] | I can’t dress for this thing without you. Which one screams “dominance”? | 没有你我不会戴 哪个透露“统治”的意思? |
[35:51] | – Do I get to wear it afterwards? – No comment. | -我之后可以戴吗? -没有意见 |
[35:54] | – Darjeeling? – Thank you. | -大吉岭茶吗? -谢谢 |
[35:56] | Leo thinks we should reconsider attending his ex-wife’s wedding. | 里奥认为我们应该重新考虑要不要 参加他前妻的婚礼 |
[36:00] | – No way. – You’re old friends. | -不行 -你们是老朋友了 |
[36:02] | – Jenny’d like it. – We plan on sending them… | -珍妮会很想要的 -我们计划送给他们 |
[36:04] | – … something nice, don’t we? – For the kitchen. | -很棒的东西不是吗? -厨房的用品 |
[36:07] | – A juicer, maybe. – Encourage Howard to lose weight. | -或许是果汁机 -鼓励霍华减重 |
[36:10] | Or his-and-hers binoculars. They have these prism optics now. | 或是两人可以共用的望远镜 他们现在有那些折射光学的 |
[36:13] | I don’t think Howard goes outdoors. He’s more of a Discovery Channel type. | 我不认为霍华会去户外他比较像是 会看探索频道那种人 |
[36:17] | That’s probably better, with his asthma. A nice book, then. | 那或许比较好对他的气喘而言 那就一本好书吧 |
[36:21] | – Something with large print, of course. – Yeah. | -字体大一点的书 -是的 |
[36:23] | – We’ll think of something. – You two are evil. | -我们会想出东西的 -你们两个真是邪恶 |
[36:26] | We’ve always loved Jenny. | 我们一直都很喜欢珍妮的 |
[36:27] | But you’re the one we wanna spend the weekend with. | 但是你是我们想要度过周末的人 |
[36:30] | To union. | 敬美国 |
[36:33] | – All states of it. – Hear, hear. | -全部的州 -说得是 |
[36:39] | Josh Lyman’s office. | 乔西赖曼办公室 |
[36:40] | Now I remember why I love this night. | 现在我记得为何喜欢今晚了 |
[36:42] | That’s me. I’m Donna Moss. | 是我我是唐娜摩斯 |
[36:45] | – The press conference was a hit. – The president did well. | -记者招待会很不错 -总统表现得非常好 |
[36:48] | Ranting on cable about “that liberal pantywaist soft on crime”? | 在电视上大放豪语 “柔弱的自由派对犯罪太软弱”? |
[36:51] | What we expected. | 正如我们预期 |
[36:53] | Extra gum for your big night. | 给你特殊之夜的口香糖 |
[37:00] | – Guess this makes it official. – You do your family proud. | -我想这样就是正式化了 -你让你的家人感到很骄傲 |
[37:03] | Shouldn’t I just stick my head in and say hello? | 我应该探头去打声招呼吗? |
[37:05] | – I wouldn’t. – I’d keep it professional. | -我不会 -我会保持专业的 |
[37:07] | You know, just shake hands. | 只是握个手 |
[37:09] | – I don’t want it to be awkward. – I don’t believe you. | -我不希望尴尬 -我不相信你 |
[37:12] | “Broken heart” is written all over you. State of the Union’s in less than an hour. | 你身上已经写满了“心碎” 国情咨文一个小时就要开始了 |
[37:16] | – I just thought… – Don’t be a fool. Stay out of there. | -我只是在想 -别傻了远离那里 |
[37:33] | – It’s Gentle Ben on hold. – You put him on hold? | -是温柔的班在线上 -你让他等在线上? |
[37:36] | – That’s what you told me to do. – Carol, maybe you ought to… | -那就是你要我做的啊 -卡萝或许你应该 |
[37:40] | – C.J. – Donna, my darling… | -茜洁 -唐娜我亲爱的 |
[37:42] | …would you pick up line one and tell this guy you can’t find me? | 你可以帮我接一线吗? 告诉他你找不到我 |
[37:49] | What’s wrong? | 是怎么回事呢? |
[37:51] | I just had a call from Anne Kaehler, Donovan’s sister. | 我刚刚接到安凯乐的电话 唐纳文的妹妹 |
[37:57] | He killed himself. | 他自杀了 |
[38:01] | Who’s Donovan? | 谁是唐纳文? |
[38:08] | I lost Mr. Ziegler. He was here. | 我找不到齐格先生他本来在这里的 |
[38:10] | Sorry. Can’t help. | 抱歉无法帮忙 |
[38:16] | – You heard? – It hit the wires? | -你有听到了? -发出电报了吗? |
[38:18] | I got a call. Does the president know? | 我接到电话总统知道吗? |
[38:20] | – Looks like the gang is hovering. – Come on in, guys. | -看来这群人已经在盘旋了 -大家进来吧 |
[38:25] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[38:29] | – Go on. – We’ve got this. | -说吧 -我们拿到这个 |
[38:43] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[38:45] | – Ms. Anders. – “Ms. “? | -安德斯小姐? -“小姐”? |
[38:49] | – You sorry son of a… – Charlie, are we…? | -你这该死的 -查理我们 |
[38:54] | I beg your pardon. | 不好意思 |
[38:56] | Mr. President, may I have a moment? | 总统先生可以等我一下吗? |
[39:04] | – There’s nothing you could’ve done. – It’s stupid. | -你已经尽力了 -这真是愚蠢 |
[39:07] | – I don’t even know why… – It’s not stupid. | -我根本不知道为什么 -这并不愚蠢 |
[39:09] | You met them. | 你见过他们 |
[39:11] | They got to you. | 他们去找你 |
[39:13] | I need to learn how to not be so…. | 我需要学习怎么不要这么 |
[39:17] | How to keep things at arm’s length. | 如何保持距离 |
[39:21] | I hope not. | 我希望不要 |
[39:24] | We’re heading over. The president asked if you’d escort… | 我们要过去了总统问你是否要 |
[39:27] | …the special guests. | 护送贵宾 |
[39:34] | – A one-night thing was better? – Three weeks was too long. | -一夜情就比较好吗? -三个星期太久了 |
[39:37] | Charlie, they’re ready. | 查理?他们好了 |
[39:46] | Actually, the first two weeks were pretty great. | 事实上刚开始两个星期真的很棒 |
[39:49] | When you thought I was nobody? No threat? | 当你以为我是无名小卒时?没有威胁? |
[39:52] | I protect him. It’s my job. | 我要保护他那是我的工作 |
[39:54] | And I meant no threat to you. | 而我对你并不是威胁 |
[39:57] | When you said he wasn’t just the president, I understood. | 当你说他并不只是总统我理解 |
[40:02] | I’ll see you around, Meeshell. | 再见米雪 |
[40:20] | Were you surprised by the warmth of the reception? | 你很惊讶如此温暖的接待吗? |
[40:24] | I was. Consider our government gridlock two months ago… | 我是的想想我们政府在两个月之前 |
[40:27] | … over budget disputes, tonight’s State of the Union had a forward momentum. | 才刚因为预算争议而关闭 今晚的国情咨文有往前看的气势 |
[40:31] | Absolutely. Let’s take another look at some of the high points. | 当然我们在来看看一些高潮重点 |
[40:35] | The hard work of forming this more perfect union belongs to us all. | 建立更完美的联邦 是属于我们大家的事 |
[40:40] | We need to be as wise as we are resolute… | 我们必须除了坚定以外也要有智慧 |
[40:43] | … as smart as we are strong. | 除了坚强之外也要有机智 |
[40:44] | The president will join us shortly for photos. | 总统等一下会加入我们 让大家拍照 |
[40:47] | If anyone would like refreshments…. | 我们备有饮料点心 |
[40:56] | That was quite a speech the president made. | 总统的演说真的很精采 |
[40:58] | – Quite a day for your organization. – Yes, ma’am. | -对你的单位而言真是忙碌的一天 -是的 |
[41:01] | I wish that you could’ve been in there when we made those 35 phone calls… | 我希望当我们今天早上打那35通 电话给家属时 |
[41:05] | …to the families this morning. | 都有你在 |
[41:08] | – President Bartlet. Wonderful speech, sir. – Thank you. | -巴特勒总统精采的演说长官 -谢谢 |
[41:12] | Mr. President, this is Mr. Holmes of Families Against Mandatory Minimums. | 总统先生这位是 反强制最低服刑年限之家的荷马先生 |
[41:16] | – How are you, sir? – Sir. | -你好吗? -你好 |
[41:17] | – And his sister, Kandy. – Hi. | -还有他妹妹凯珶 -嗨 |
[41:20] | She just got home a few hours ago. | 她几个小时前才回家 |
[41:22] | Sir, there are no words to express our gratitude. | 长官没有言语可以代表我们的感谢 |
[41:25] | – Today has been overwhelming. – Thank you, sir. | -今天实在太精采了 -谢谢你 |
[41:29] | Kandy was saying she feels like she’s been hit by lightning. | 凯珶说她觉得好像是被闪电打到一样 |
[41:32] | I hope it’s not quite that random. | 我希望不会那么随机 |
[41:35] | I can never repay you. | 我永远无法报答你 |
[41:37] | Oh, yes, you can. | 你可以的 |
[41:39] | You got the second chance you deserve, but it’s also a heck of a burden. | 你得到第二次机会 但是这也是很沉重的负荷 |
[41:43] | If you screw up, you don’t just hurt yourself and your family. | 如果搞砸了伤害的 不只是自己还有家人 |
[41:46] | You damage me, and worse, you hurt all those prisoners still hoping… | 你伤害到我更糟糕的是 伤害了那些在监狱里依然希望 |
[41:50] | …for the fair shake most of them won’t get. | 可以得到公平待遇获得特赦的人 |
[41:53] | – Am I right, Donna? – Yes, Mr. President. | -我说的对吗?唐娜? -对的总统先生 |
[41:56] | You need to take your life in your hands… | 必须要将生命掌控在自己手中 |
[41:58] | …and make sure that none of those left behind are ever more deserving than you. | 过去的一切不会比你的未来更重要 |
[42:03] | I will, sir. I promise. | 我会的长官我保证 |
[42:05] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢你 |
[42:08] | – Keep in touch. – Yes, sir. | -保持联络 -是的 |
[42:11] | Bless you all. | 上帝保佑你们 |
[42:13] | It must be an honor to work for him. | 为他工作一定是一种荣幸 |
[42:18] | It is. | 没错 |