时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Mr. Vice President, have you had an affair… | 副总统先生你跟 |
[00:09] | …with Helen Baldwin? – Yes. | -海伦鲍德温有过婚外情吗? -有 |
[00:11] | They know you lived with that guy, Ben? | 他们知道 你曾跟那家伙住在一起吗? |
[00:13] | There’s a lot you don’t know. | 我很多事情你不了解 |
[00:15] | Are you in a position to deny it? | 你有立场否认吗? |
[00:17] | Do you think she may have been coached by Republican leadership? | 你认为她是否 受共和党领导小组所指使? |
[00:20] | If we’re gonna do this, we start tonight, now. | 如果我们决定要行动 我们今晚马上就得开始 |
[00:23] | – And I need you thinking now and not… – Sir, I’m resigning the vice presidency. | -我要你现在就思考 -先生我要辞去副总统的职位 |
[00:32] | We’ll be back with White House Press Secretary C.J. Cregg after this. | 广告回来我们将访问 白宫新闻秘书茜洁葛瑞 |
[00:36] | Wait? What was that? You’re breaking up on me. | 等等?干嘛? 你快要断线了 |
[00:39] | – Can you hear me now? – Yes, that’s much better. | -你能听到我的声音吗? -可以这样好多了 |
[00:41] | What’s this about the dollar and the yen? | 美元跟日圆是怎么一回事? |
[00:43] | No, not the yen. That’s Japan. | 不是日圆那是日本的货币单位 |
[00:45] | China’s currency is the yuan. | 中国的单位是元 |
[00:47] | This isn’t PBS. He’s not gonna ask about the yuan. | 这可不是公共电视台 他不会问什么“元”的 |
[00:50] | But cheap goods imported from China… | 可是从中国进口便宜的货品 |
[00:52] | … are what tomorrow’s labor’s protests are gonna be about… | 是明天劳工抗议的主禸 |
[00:55] | … so we gotta get out the message that Chinese… | 所以我们必须传播的讯息是 中国的 |
[00:58] | Hang on a second. | 等我一下 |
[01:01] | AP says a presidential commission recommends a 50-percent… | 美联社说有个总统的委员会建议 |
[01:04] | …increase in cigarette taxes? What…? – He’s gonna ask about that. | -提高百分之五十的烟税?啥? -他会问到这件事的 |
[01:07] | – Give me more. – Seventeen cent increase… | -多说一点 -增加十七分钱 |
[01:09] | … raise 3.4 billion a year… | 一年可增加三十四亿美元 |
[01:12] | … 16 billion over five years. – Hang on. | -五年就是一百六十亿美元 -别挂断 |
[01:14] | – Can you stick it there? – Sure. | -可以别在这里吗? -当然? |
[01:15] | – Yeah? – Could buy out 75 percent of tobacco… | -嗯? -可以买光百分之七十五的 |
[01:18] | … farmers. – Did you see Drudge? | -烟农 -你看到德拉格的东西了吗? |
[01:21] | Pay them not to grow tobacco. | 补贴他们不种烟草的代价 |
[01:23] | Increase the price of tobacco, would reduce teenage smoking. | 提高香烟的价格 可降低青少年族群的抽烟现像 |
[01:27] | Other recommendations for reducing teenage… | 其他降低青少年抽烟的建议 |
[01:31] | In 10, nine, eight… | 十、九、八 |
[01:34] | – Toby, I gotta go. – No, wait. | -托比我得挂了 -不等一下 |
[01:36] | – Wait. – Six… | -等一下 -六 |
[01:37] | Hello? Damn it. | 喂?该死的 |
[01:41] | Joining me now in a rare venture… | 现在难得跟我在一起的这位 |
[01:43] | …outside the controlled environment of the White House Press Briefing Room… | 是暂且离开白宫 那个完全在掌控中的新闻简报室 |
[01:47] | …is the one and only queen of the Bartlet spinners, Miss C.J. Cregg. | 也是巴特勒班底 独一无二的女王茜洁葛瑞女士 |
[01:51] | – Welcome back. – Always a pleasure, Taylor… | -欢迎回到节目 -是我的荣幸泰勒 |
[01:54] | …but if you think the briefing room’s controlled… | 不过如果你认为我们的简报室 是完全在掌控中的环境 |
[01:56] | …try controlling 100 hungry reporters. | 那你去控制 一百名饥渴若狂的记者看看 |
[01:59] | And if I’m queen of anything, I want a bigger office. | 如果要说我是什么女王的话 那我要更大的办公室 |
[02:01] | Okay, C.J., tell us about the president’s secret plan to raise taxes. | 茜洁把总统想加税的秘密计划 说来给我们听听 |
[02:05] | I’d love to, but it’s so secret, he hasn’t told me. | 我也想不过那是秘密 他还没告诉我 |
[02:08] | I’m talking about a secret commission that wants a 50-percent… | 我是指一个想要提高百分之五十的 秘密委员会 |
[02:11] | First of all, it’s not a secret commission… | 首先那也不是什么秘密委员会 |
[02:13] | …the report was just released on the AP wire, how we both found out… | 这份报告刚从美联社报导出来 所以我们双方才能得知 |
[02:17] | …and I promise, the president hasn’t heard of it. | 我保证总统还没听过 |
[02:20] | It’s gonna ask him to raise taxes. | 是要求他加税 |
[02:22] | Among their recommendations to reduce teenage smoking… | 是针对降低青少年抽烟议题的 一些建议 |
[02:25] | …they suggest a 17-cent increase in… – That’s 50 percent. That’s what I said. | -有提高十七分钱的 -是百分之五十就是我刚才说的 |
[02:29] | Yes, 17 pennies does equal 50 percent in this little math problem. | 对小小的运算一下 十七分钱相当于百分之五十 |
[02:33] | – That won’t stop teens from smoking. – A raised price should reduce demand… | -这是没办法阻止青少年抽烟的 -提高售价应可减少需求 |
[02:37] | …but more importantly, we’ll raise $3.4 billion a year. | 不过更重要的是 我们一年可增加三十四亿税收 |
[02:39] | That’s 16 billion over five years… | 五年就是一百六十亿 |
[02:41] | …which can buy out 75 percent of American tobacco farmers. | 这笔资金就可以买光全美 百分之七十五的烟农 |
[02:44] | – Pay them not to grow tobacco. – If we reduce… | -补贴给他们不种烟草的代价 -如果我们减少 |
[02:47] | Has this president met a handout he didn’t like? | 我们这位总统难道 都没有收到跟他唱反调的提议吗? |
[02:49] | Who else does he wanna pay? | 他还想付钱给谁? |
[02:51] | Does he not realize the budget deficit is large enough? | 他不知道我们的预算赤字 已经够头大了吗? |
[02:54] | How much taxation does he think we can stand before we break? | 他认为在我们崩溃之前 我们还能忍受多少税捐? |
[02:57] | Has this president forgotten that this country was founded during a tax revolt? | 我们这位总统忘了当初我国 就是为了抗税才建国的吗? |
[03:01] | – What does he think? – Which is your favorite? | -他在想什么? -你喜欢我回答哪个? |
[03:04] | If you want me to answer… | 如果你有要我回答的话 |
[03:05] | We know he hasn’t met a tax increase he didn’t like. | 得了我们都知道他没遇过 他不喜欢的增税案 |
[03:08] | If you don’t wanna answer, we’ll move on. | 如果你不要回答 我们就换到下个主题 |
[03:10] | This is new, from the Drudge Report… | 这是来自德拉格网站的新消息 |
[03:12] | …Matt Drudge’s website, and I’m reading: | 德拉格报导的我来念: |
[03:15] | “The Sunday Times Magazine will run an in-depth profile… | 星期天的《时代杂志》 将刊出一篇针对 |
[03:18] | … of former vice president John Hoynes… | 因性丑闻而下台的 |
[03:20] | …who resigned as a result of a sex scandal. | 前副总统何尼斯的深度报导 |
[03:22] | Hoynes cooperated with The Times, in a tell-all interview… | 何尼斯跟《时代杂志》合作 接受无所不谈的采访 |
[03:25] | …in which he revealed that President Bartlet… | 将会透漏巴特勒总统 |
[03:28] | …tried to talk him into staying in office. ” Is that true, C.J.? | 曾经想说服他留任 茜洁这是真的吗? |
[03:32] | – I… – Was the president trying to cover up? | -我 -总统有想要掩盖这件事? |
[03:35] | – I can’t respond to every website… – Did he tell Hoynes not to resign? | -我无法针对每一个网站做回答 -他有叫何尼斯别下台? |
[03:39] | – I haven’t read the article… – Yes or no? | -我还没看到这篇报导 -有或没有? |
[03:41] | I’m not privy to his private conversations. | 我不参与他私人的对话 |
[03:43] | Come on, this is pretty basic. | 得了这是很基本的东西 |
[03:45] | Was Hoynes told to stick around because he could beat the rap? | 有因为何尼斯可能逃过一劫 而叫他留下吗? |
[03:48] | I really can’t comment on that. | 我真的无法对此发言 |
[03:50] | That’s your answer? Your answer is “no comment. “ | 这就是你的答案? 你的答案就是“不予置评” |
[03:57] | All right, we gotta go to a break. | 好我们得进广告了 |
[03:59] | When we come back, more with White House Press Secretary C.J. Cregg. | 下次我们还有更多白宫新闻秘书 茜洁葛瑞的专访 |
[04:03] | That was a great segment, C.J. Good job. | 这段专访很棒茜洁 做得好 |
[04:58] | – Is she back yet? – Carol said any minute now. | -她回来了没? -卡萝说就快了 |
[05:01] | – Where is this meeting? – The Roosevelt Room is booked… | -在哪里开会? -罗斯福厅被预订了 |
[05:03] | …and I’m sorry, but 15 AFL-CIO union reps aren’t gonna be comfortable here. | 抱歉不过全美产联劳联组织的 十五位代表在这里不很舒适 |
[05:08] | – Who’s got the Roosevelt Room? – The Base Closing Commission. | -是谁在罗斯福厅? -基地关闭委员会 |
[05:11] | – We’re getting a table and folding chairs. – Folding chairs. | -我们有弄到一张桌子和折叠椅 -折叠椅 |
[05:14] | – Hey, Toby. – Hey, Tom. | -嘿托比 -嘿汤姆 |
[05:16] | – Thanks for making time to see us. – No problem, Shelly. | -感谢你拨空见我们 -哪里的话雪力 |
[05:19] | Hey, everybody, sorry I’m late. | 各位不好意思我来迟了 |
[05:21] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:22] | We’re having a bit of a problem finding a room big enough for us to meet, so… | 我们暂时找不到一间 够大的会议室所以 |
[05:27] | …why don’t I work on that for just one minute? I’ll be… | 等我一下交给我来处理好吗? 我马上 |
[05:30] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[05:31] | So can I get you anything? | 需要我帮你们拿点什么吗? |
[05:34] | Water or coffee? | 水或咖啡? |
[05:38] | Hey. How you doing? | 嘿你还好吗? |
[05:39] | You saw it. How do you think I am? | 你也看到节目了 你觉得我的表现如何? |
[05:41] | – You got blindsided. – I looked amateur. | -你被偷袭了 -我简直像外行的 |
[05:43] | I need an advance copy of The Times Magazine now. | 我现在就要一份 《时代杂志》的发刊前副本 |
[05:46] | I tried. They don’t come out till Thursday. | 我试过了星期四才会有 |
[05:48] | Leo and the president want copies. | 我们拿到后里奥和总统也要 |
[05:50] | Who does Drudge say wrote the article? | 德拉格说是哪个人写的文章? |
[05:52] | – Greg Brock. – From the Paris bureau? | -葛雷布洛克 -巴黎分社的? |
[05:54] | – He doesn’t owe me. – Want him on the phone? | -他没欠我人情 -要打电话给他吗? |
[05:57] | – Yeah. – And I’ve got Ben holding on line one. | -好 -班在一线等 |
[05:59] | I cannot talk to Ben right now. | 我现在没办法跟班谈 |
[06:02] | Drudge leaked maybe 50 words out of what’s a 5000-word article… | 那篇五千字文章 德拉格大约泄漏了五十个字 |
[06:05] | …and we’re on the ropes. | 我们就七荤八素了 |
[06:07] | – I’ve got Greg Brock’s voicemail. – I’ll do it. | -我接通葛雷布洛克的语音信箱了 -我来留言 |
[06:11] | Hi, Greg, it’s C.J. Cregg. | 嗨葛雷我是茜洁葛瑞 |
[06:13] | I’ve been meaning to buy you lunch since you joined the White House press corps. | 自从你加入白宫的媒体团队之后 我一直想请你吃个中饭 |
[06:17] | It’s a little tradition we have. Well, one I’m trying to start, actually. | 这是我们的传统 嗯其实是我一直想建立的传统 |
[06:21] | So why don’t you give me a call, and we’ll… | 所以你何不打电话给我 我们可以 |
[06:25] | …you know exactly why I’m calling. Get back to me fast, will you? | 你了解我为什么打电话给你 尽快跟我联络好吗? |
[06:32] | – Are you sure you wanna handle this? – Yeah. | -你确定你要处理这件事? -对 |
[06:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:41] | Come on. Please, anything but the Base Closing Commission… | 得了拜托 怎么给我基地关闭委员会 |
[06:45] | …the most ridiculously boring… | 这种天底下最无趣 |
[06:47] | I need you with them, make sure they… | 我需要你跟他们坐在一起 确保他们 |
[06:49] | Wait a minute. Is this, like, even legal? | 等一下这是合法的吗? |
[06:51] | It’s perfectly legal. | 完全合法 |
[06:53] | Aren’t they supposed to be independent? | 他们不都是独立作业的? |
[06:55] | Yeah, so’s Congress, and we talk to them. | 对国会也是 不过我们得说服他们 |
[06:58] | Look, I need you to make sure… | 听好我需要你确保 |
[07:00] | …the recommendations the commission gives the president… | 这个委员会针对该关闭哪些军事基地 |
[07:03] | …on what military bases to close are not politically suicidal for us. | 所要提交给总统的建议 对我们而言并非政治自杀 |
[07:07] | Closing any of them is politically suicidal. | 关闭任何一个基地 就等于是政治自杀 |
[07:09] | Right. That’s why we let the Base Closing Commission decide. | 对所以我们才让 基地关闭委员会做决定 |
[07:12] | – We won’t let them. – President wants you in the NEC meeting. | -我们不让他们决定 -总统要你参与经委会 |
[07:15] | – When? – Now-ish. | -什么时候? -就是现在 |
[07:17] | We’re lobbying the Base Closing Commission. | 我们是在关说基地关闭委员会 |
[07:19] | You’re lobbying them, just like everybody else does. | 你跟其他的人一样 也在关说他们 |
[07:22] | Hey. I’ve got 15 AFL-CIO union reps who wanna yell at me… | 嘿我有十五个产联劳联的代表 想用力对我吼 |
[07:26] | …about us sending their jobs to China. – So? | -骂我把他们的工作送给中国 -所以呢? |
[07:29] | So I need the Roosevelt Room. | 所以我需要罗斯福厅 |
[07:31] | Josh is in with the Base Closing Commission. | 乔西跟基地关闭委员会成天在那里 |
[07:33] | – All day? – So move them. | -一整天? -那就把他们挪开 |
[07:35] | We’re talking two former four-star generals… | 我们讨论的对像 是两位前四星上将 |
[07:37] | …one former admiral, and a couple of former assistant secretaries of DOD. | 一位前海军上将 几个国防部的前助理部长 |
[07:42] | They’re accustomed to a certain style, and we’re lobbying them. | 他们已经习惯某种特定的模式 而且我们是在关说他们 |
[07:45] | So they get the Roosevelt Room… | 所以让他们用罗斯福厅 |
[07:47] | …massage tables, ESPN, whatever they want. | 按摩床、体育频道完全听他们的 |
[07:49] | These unions are gonna be outside tomorrow, protesting against us… | 这些联盟明天就要在外面 抗议我们了 |
[07:53] | …but if we treat them right, maybe… – Ask Margaret about the Mural Room. | -我们只要好好款待他们也许 -叫犸格丽特去弄壁划厅 |
[07:57] | – The vice president has it. – For what? | -副总统在用 -做什么用? |
[07:59] | He’s the vice president. I don’t have to justify his using a room. | 他是副总统 我不须干涉他怎么使用会议厅 |
[08:02] | Of course not. For what? | 那当然他在做什么用? |
[08:04] | Meeting with a bunch of environmental groups. | 跟一堆环保团体开会 |
[08:06] | Environmental groups? That’s a first for him. | 环保团体? 这倒是他的首次出击 |
[08:08] | – He’s off and running. – Hoynes is too. | -他真是手脚够快 -何尼斯也是 |
[08:11] | – We don’t know that. – No. Not exactly. Not yet. | -我们还不知道 -不还不知道还没 |
[08:14] | A tell-all, come-clean interview in The Times Magazine is a good first step. | 发表在《时代杂志》无所不谈的专访 是第一个狠招 |
[08:18] | The vice president’s campaign for president is not our concern. | 副总统的竞选活动 与我们无关 |
[08:21] | Hoynes is obviously trying to rewrite history… | 很明显何尼斯是想窜改历史 |
[08:24] | …to make himself morally superior to the president. | 让自己看起来比总统更高尚 |
[08:26] | – This from an adulterer who… – Lied about sex. | -这是一个奸夫一个 -在性事上说谎 |
[08:29] | Everyone lies about it, that’s how his people will spin it. | 这方面大家都在说谎 他的支持者就会这样说 |
[08:32] | – He doesn’t have people. – We don’t know that. | -他没有支持者 -这可难说 |
[08:34] | I’m just saying, vice president’s office… | 我只是在说 副总统的办公室 |
[08:36] | …I would like to be included in any strategic discussions… | 如果有任何有关 如何回应何尼斯的 |
[08:40] | …about how to respond to Hoynes, and it is a campaign… | 战略讨论会我也要参加 这场战役将是 |
[08:43] | …to make himself out to be the only honest guy in an administration of liars. | 让他成为一群执政骗子里头 最老实的家伙 |
[08:47] | Yeah, we’ll be sure to call you. | 对我们一定会通知你的 |
[08:52] | That’s one macchiato. Decaf. | 这杯是犸奇朵无咖啡因的 |
[08:55] | Here are the latest trade-deficit numbers with China. | 这是跟中国最新的贸易赤字数据 |
[08:58] | – Don’t need them. – Want us to stay? | -不需要这些 -要我们留下吗? |
[09:00] | No, this meeting’s about politics. Facts won’t help. | 不这次的会议是关于政治手段 事实是没有用的 |
[09:02] | – Okay, this is the grande latte. – Thank you. | -好的这是大杯拿铁 -谢谢你 |
[09:05] | And the double decaf cap nonfat. | 这杯是特浓无咖啡因、无脂的 |
[09:09] | Well, it turns out we’re gonna have to make do with… | 嗯结果我们似乎只好忍受这种 |
[09:11] | …folding chairs. – That’s okay, Toby. | -折叠椅了 -没关系的托比 |
[09:13] | – Rena explained the whole thing. – She did? | -蕊娜都解释过了 -她有吗? |
[09:16] | We told her it’s not important where we sit. | 我们有告诉她 我们坐在哪里并不重要 |
[09:18] | – No, you’re right. It’s not. – It’s important you do what we want. | -是你说得对是不重要 -重要的是你们要听我们的话做 |
[09:22] | Or at least treat us with respect. | 或者最起码要尊重我们 |
[09:24] | – How am I doing so far? – You got two strikes on you. | -到目前为止我表现如何? -你已经两好球了 |
[09:30] | Because reviewing a cost-benefit analysis for every military base in the country… | 因为针对国内每一个军事基地 从事成本收益分析 |
[09:34] | …is as mind-numbing as Radiohead… – Need this? | -就跟“电台司令”一样令人心烦 -需要这个吗? |
[09:37] | Yeah, and the one under it. | 对那下面那个也要 |
[09:38] | Deciding which military bases we don’t need… | 决定我们不需要 哪一个军事基地 |
[09:41] | …is the most politically disastrous thing to get involved in. | 是让人最不想涉入的政治灾难 |
[09:44] | But why close bases when we’ve gotta train troops to fight terrorists? | 正当我们必须训练军队打击 恐怖份子时干嘛关闭基地? |
[09:47] | – Is that everything? – Yeah. | -就这些了? -对 |
[09:49] | Because terrorists aren’t well-trained for deep-snow combat like Soviets… | 因为恐怖份子不像前苏俄那样 有在雪地战斗的训练 |
[09:53] | …maybe we don’t need that base in upstate New York. | 也许我们就不需要 在纽约北方的基地了 |
[09:56] | Maybe we should be expanding our desert-combat training bases because… | 也许我们应该拓展 沙漠战斗的训练基地因为 |
[10:00] | …you know, desert warfare’s not going out of style anytime soon. | 短期内沙漠战斗还不会退流行 |
[10:03] | – So it’s an efficiency thing. – You’re quick. | -所以这是效率的问题 -你的反应很快 |
[10:06] | Since when is efficiency bad politics? | 效率怎会成为不好的政治议题? |
[10:08] | Anyplace that loses a base loses jobs. | 失去基地的地方 就失去工作机会 |
[10:10] | You should’ve seen my town when the Army left. | 你该看看我的家乡 在军队撤走后的景况 |
[10:12] | Josh. Got a minute? | 乔西有空吗? |
[10:14] | Anything to keep me out of that room. You guys go ahead in and get organized. | 只要能把我渡出那间会议室都行 你们先进去组织一下 |
[10:19] | What’s Hoynes up to? | 何尼斯到底想怎样? |
[10:21] | – Don’t know. – Come on, Josh. | -不知道 -得了乔西 |
[10:22] | You worked for him in the Senate. You know. | 你有帮他选参议员 你是最了解他的 |
[10:24] | It seems there’s at least one side of Hoynes I didn’t know. | 看来何尼斯至少有一面 是我不知道的 |
[10:27] | You think he believes he’ll get past the scandal? | 你觉得他真的以为 他可以熬过这件丑闻? |
[10:30] | Maybe he wanted one big interview then move on. | 也许他想来个轰动武林的专访 然后就继续过他的日子 |
[10:32] | Start bringing clients into the law firm. Excuse me, I gotta get in there. | 开始把客人带到律师事务所里 抱歉我得进去了 |
[10:36] | – Base Closing Commission? – Yeah. | -基地关闭委员会? -对 |
[10:38] | The vice president urges you not to close bases in states… | 副总统在提醒你 不可以关闭那些拥有 |
[10:41] | …with more than one electoral vote. – No problem. | -一张以上选举人票的基地 -没问题 |
[10:45] | – Morning, everyone. – Morning, Josh. | -大家早 -早乔西 |
[10:49] | Get him out of that chair. | 别让他坐在那里 |
[10:52] | The president would like me to go over your preliminary recommendations… | 总统要我检阅 你们的初步提议案 |
[10:56] | …so he could get an idea of what you have in mind. | 他才可理解你们的想法 |
[10:59] | – Ready whenever you are. – Shoot. | -随时可开始 -开始吧 |
[11:02] | First on the list is Fort Drum, in upstate New York. | 清单上的第一个地方 是纽约州北方的鼓堡 |
[11:05] | Its primary mission is deep-snow combat training. | 这基地的基本任务 是雪地战斗训练 |
[11:08] | The commission’s consensus is that deep snow is no longer a training priority. | 委员会的一致决议是 雪地不再是优先的训练场所 |
[11:12] | Next. | 下一个 |
[11:13] | What we’re saying is this country is China’s biggest customer… | 我们想要表达的是我们的国家 是中国最大的客户 |
[11:16] | …so we should dictate the deal. – Like the valuation of the yuan. | -所以我们应该可以掌控这个交易 -比如说对中国币值的评估 |
[11:20] | – Leo needs you. … when the dollar is weak. | -里奥要找你 -当美元变弱的时候 |
[11:23] | – I know. – If their currency floats… | -我知道 -如果他们的币值上扬 |
[11:25] | – Tell him I can’t. … we can get export advantage. | -跟他说我没空 -我们就有出口优势 |
[11:28] | But we let them flood this country with cheap stuff and labor. | 不过我们让他们把一些 便宜的东西跟劳力注入我们的国家 |
[11:31] | – And slave labor. – Right. | -还有奴工的问题 -对 |
[11:33] | – They buy nothing from us. – I wouldn’t call 747s nothing. | -他们不买我们的东西 -747客机不能不算 |
[11:36] | I told Margaret to tell Leo you’re stuck, and she said he said, “No, you’re not. “ | 我叫犸格丽特跟里奥说你分不开身 她转述他的话说“不你可以的” |
[11:41] | …gives them interest-free loans. – Sorry. | -给他们免息贷款 -抱歉 |
[11:43] | Please, the president needs me for something, and… | 拜托总统有事找我帮忙 而且 |
[11:46] | Toby. We’re not new in town. | 托比我们可不是菜鸟 |
[11:48] | You expect us to fall for the old “president needs us” thing? | 你以为我们会信你这种 “总统有事找我们”的老套? |
[11:52] | No. | 不 |
[11:54] | Leo McGarry ordered me into his office. As much as I wanna save your jobs… | 里奥马加瑞命令我到他办公室去 虽然我很想抢救大家的工作 |
[11:58] | …I have to try and save mine first if I’m gonna be any use to you. | 不过我得先抢救我自己的工作 才有办法为各位效力 |
[12:02] | So I’ll be back, you know… | 所以我马上回来 |
[12:05] | …soon. | 会尽快 |
[12:07] | Was there any discussion of exactly how Hoynes could hang in there? | 当时有明确讨论 如何让何尼斯留任原职? |
[12:11] | No, we just said we didn’t think he had to resign over an affair… | 没有我们只是说 我们不认为他得为外遇辞职下台 |
[12:14] | …that in this day and age, he could get through that. | 在现今这种时代 他可能可以安渡这一关 |
[12:17] | – And you’d help him? – I guess. | -而且你会协助他渡过? -我猜会吧 |
[12:19] | Guessing’s not good enough, Leo. Did you say you’d help? | 你猜想是不够的里奥 你有说过你会帮忙吗? |
[12:22] | – Yeah. – Did the president say that? | -对 -总统也有说吗? |
[12:24] | Something like that. I can’t remember exactly what he said. | 类似的话 我记不起他是怎么说的 |
[12:27] | – Did you take any notes in the meeting? – It wasn’t a real meeting… | -你有记录当时的会议吗? -那不是正式的会议 |
[12:31] | It was kind of on the fly. | 只像聊聊天说的话 |
[12:33] | Did you discuss strategies on how to manage the scandal? | 有讨论如何处理丑闻的策略吗? |
[12:36] | It never got that far. Hoynes had his mind made up before we said a word. | 没那么深入早在我们开口前 何尼斯就已打定主意了 |
[12:40] | I need you to get the mayor here, now. | 我要你现在就请市长进来 |
[12:42] | – Which mayor? – D.C. The only mayor we can get. | -哪个市长? -特区市长我们只找得到这个市长 |
[12:45] | I need to meet with the president. | 我得跟总统开会讨论此事 |
[12:47] | I can pull a couple of things off his schedule this afternoon. | 我可以抽掉几个 他今天下午的行程 |
[12:53] | The House and Senate just passed the emergency… | 参众两院为了除雪刚刚通过 |
[12:55] | …D.C. supplemental appropriation for snow removal. | 特区紧急拨款法案 |
[12:58] | That’s the first bill signing we’re inviting the mayor to? | 这是我们初次邀市长 来参与法案的签署吗? |
[13:01] | They attached a school voucher program to it. | 他们附加了学校教育券法案 |
[13:05] | We, I mean… | 我们我是说 |
[13:07] | …you… Someone has to talk to the mayor before we veto it. | 你们在我们否决之前 必须有人说服市长 |
[13:10] | Wanna put out a joint statement…? | 想发表共同声明? |
[13:12] | When everyone has the Hoynes article… | 等何尼斯的文章问世之后 |
[13:14] | …I’m gonna get bombarded about what Hoynes says, and I’ve gotta be sure… | 大家会针对何尼斯的说法来追问我 我得明确的了解 |
[13:18] | …about what you three said and didn’t say. | 你们三位说过的话 以及没说过的话 |
[13:20] | I can control this story, Leo. I can get us through this. | 我可以控制这个事件里奥 我可以让我们大家渡过难关 |
[13:23] | – If you tell me everything. – You got it. | -只要你据实以告 -没问题 |
[13:25] | I should only see the press once. | 我只会见媒体一次 |
[13:27] | I don’t wanna have to go back out there, saying: | 我不要为了你忘记告诉我什么 |
[13:30] | “Hoynes was right about this bit” that you forgot to tell me. | 而必须再次回去告诉他们: “关于某事何尼斯是正确的” |
[13:33] | – I understand. – We gotta straighten our stories today. | -我了解 -我们今天必须把整个过程厘清 |
[13:43] | She okay? | 她还好吧? |
[13:45] | Well, you know, she got blindsided by this Hoynes thing on live TV. | 哦就是她在现场专访的时候 因何尼斯的事件被突击 |
[13:49] | – And that got to her? – Yeah. It did. | -让她很捉狂? -对没错 |
[14:14] | Are you saying there’s nothing we can do? | 你是说我们一点办法也没? |
[14:16] | It’s not that simple. Look what happened with the steel tariffs you wanted. | 没那么简单想想你们要的 那个钢铁关税造成的后果 |
[14:20] | We killed more jobs in auto manufacturing than we saved in steel. | 我们为了保护钢铁产品 反而丢了更多汽车制造的工作机会 |
[14:23] | That means we have to pick targets carefully. | 这表示我们在挑选目标时 必须更小心 |
[14:26] | If we do that, we’ll have a trade war. | 如果我们做了 就会造成贸易战 |
[14:28] | We’re already in a trade war with China. | 我们已经跟中国在打贸易战了 |
[14:30] | That’s why we gotta make bras our first line of defense. | 所以我们才得让胸罩 变成我们的第一道防线 |
[14:35] | – Bras? – Chinese bras are killing us. | -胸罩? -中国制的胸罩在屠杀我们 |
[14:38] | – They are? – They’re flooding Wal-Mart. | -是吗? -大卖场里到处都是他们做的 |
[14:41] | Domestic producers can’t compete. | 国内的产品根本无法竞争 |
[14:43] | China has tripled its market share in two years. | 中国制的市场占有率 在两年内就翻了三倍 |
[14:45] | I assume we’re all okay with French bras, right? | 我们对法国制的胸罩就没意见 对不对? |
[14:48] | – Because I greatly prefer them… – This isn’t funny. | -因为我很喜欢 -这可不是在开玩笑 |
[14:51] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[14:52] | Look, I’m with you on this one. | 这件事我跟你们是同一边的 |
[14:54] | I just wish the president could do something about cheap bras. | 我只是希望总统能对廉价的胸罩 有点行动 |
[14:58] | – He can. – He can activate… | -他是可以的 -他可以启动 |
[14:59] | …the textile and apparel import safeguards we got you… | 纺织品与成衣进口保证条款 就是我们让你们弄的那个 |
[15:02] | …to put in the deal admitting China to the WTO, starting with bras. | 让中国进世界贸易组织的交换条款 就从胸罩开始 |
[15:06] | Apparel import safeguards. Didn’t know about that. | 成衣进口保证条款 我不知道有这条款 |
[15:10] | Everyone will know tomorrow when we burn bras in front of the White House. | 等我们明天在白宫前面燃烧胸罩时 大家就都知道了 |
[15:19] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[15:22] | Do you have long-run projections for the economies of scale… | 如果你的建议案全付诸实施的话 |
[15:25] | …achievable through net consolidations of troops… | 你有针对军队与物资净整合 可达成的规模经济 |
[15:27] | …and materiel if all of your recommendations were implemented? | 做出各种长程的预估? |
[15:31] | On page 1237. | 第1237页 |
[15:36] | Thirteen B shows the aggregate numbers. Thirteen C… | 13B列出的是汇总数据 13C是 |
[15:39] | I need to borrow Ed and Larry for a thing about bras. | 我得借艾德和赖瑞出来 处理胸罩的事情 |
[15:43] | – Are you sure they’re the guys? – Chinese bras. | -你确定他们适合吗? -中国胸罩 |
[15:46] | Well, they’re the experts. | 嗯他们是专家 |
[15:48] | So is Hoynes crazy enough to run? | 何尼斯会疯狂到想参选吗? |
[15:50] | You want the short answer? Yes. | 你想要简单的答案?对 |
[15:54] | If this article is his first step on the road to political rehab, what does he do next? | 这报导若是他挽救政治生命的 第一步那下一步会是什么? |
[15:59] | Start putting a staff together. | 开始组织竞选团队 |
[16:02] | I better make some calls. | 我最好打些电话 |
[16:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:05] | That’s why we wanna consolidate these five Air Force bases into three. | 这就是我们要将 五大空军基地整合为三个的原因 |
[16:09] | Excuse me. I’m sorry. Ed, Larry? Toby needs to talk to you about China now. | 抱歉对不起艾德、赖瑞? 托比现在要找你们谈中国的事 |
[16:15] | I need you two to take over. | 我要你们两个接手 |
[16:17] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[16:19] | Just ask, “How much will that save?” every few minutes. | 只要每隔几分钟问一次 “这样能省多少?” |
[16:23] | And don’t you say a word. | 你不要说话 |
[16:28] | Please continue, General Stanley. Donna and Ryan here will sit in for me. | 请继续史坦利将军 唐娜和莱恩将代我与会 |
[16:34] | As I was saying… | 如同我刚才所说的 |
[16:35] | …if we consolidate the five Air Force bases into three… | 如果我们将五个空军基地 整合为三个 |
[16:38] | …we could upgrade all three of the aircraft maintenance facilities… | 我们就能让这三个军机维护机关 统统升级 |
[16:42] | …for major overhauls. – How much does that save? | -以便从事大检修 -这样能省多少? |
[16:45] | Using CBO’s baseline, or the DOD projections? | 使用国会预算局的基准 或国防部的估算? |
[16:47] | Both. | 两种都要 |
[16:50] | Well… | 哦 |
[16:51] | Russert’s on line three. | 罗赛特在三线 |
[16:53] | Time, Newsweek, well, everyone’s called about the Hoynes thing. | 《时代杂志》、《新闻周刊》 好大家都打来问何尼斯的事 |
[16:56] | – Has Greg Brock called me? – No, Ben called… | -葛雷布洛克回我电话了没? -没班打来过 |
[16:59] | …said he has tickets to the Kennedy Center, and… | 说他有到肯尼迪中心的票然后 |
[17:01] | Tell Russert I can’t do Meet the Press next week. | 跟罗赛特说我下星期 无法做《会见媒体》 |
[17:12] | Hi, Greg, it’s C.J. again. | 嗨葛雷还是我茜洁 |
[17:15] | Did I mention how useful it is for a reporter… | 我有没有说过作为记者 |
[17:18] | …to have the White House Press Secretary owe you one, a big one? | 若能让白宫新闻秘书欠你一份大人情 会很管用的? |
[17:21] | So call me… | 打电话给我 |
[17:23] | …or tell me what dark parking garage to meet you in, and I’ll be there. | 或说一个阴暗停车场 我会到的 |
[17:27] | Call me. Now. | 打给我现在就打 |
[17:29] | Greg Brock is here. | 葛雷布洛克来了 |
[17:32] | You have a favorite parking garage for this? | 这种事你有偏好的停车场吗? |
[17:34] | Come on in, Greg. | 请进葛雷 |
[17:36] | Nice to formally meet you. Of course, I’ve seen you in briefings. | 很高兴正式见到你 当然做简报时我也见过你 |
[17:39] | – I feel like I know you. – Really? | -我觉得我早就认识你了 -真的? |
[17:41] | There’s nothing to do in Paris, so I sat there, glued to your briefings on C-SPAN. | 巴黎没什么事做所以我一直 在国会新闻网看你的简报 |
[17:45] | C- SPAN’s what’s happening in Paris these days. | 国会新闻网电视台 是你在巴黎的乐子 |
[17:48] | Can I get you anything? Carol, do we have anything? | 能给你送什么过来吗? 卡萝我们有什么饮料吗? |
[17:51] | – Water. – Yeah, thanks. | -水 -好谢谢 |
[17:53] | – It’s D.C. water. – I’m good. | -是特区的水 -可以 |
[17:59] | Every word I say is off-the-record, so you won’t need that. | 我说的每个字都是不公开的谈话 所以你不需要录 |
[18:02] | – Okay. – I assume Drudge’s quotes are accurate? | -好 -我想德拉格的引述是正确的? |
[18:05] | Yeah. I don’t know how he does it. | 对我不知道他怎么弄的 |
[18:07] | I’m gonna need an advance copy of your piece. | 我要你那篇报导出刊前的副本 |
[18:11] | So much for beating around the bush, huh? | 你真是不会拐弯抹脚对吧? |
[18:13] | You can get advances of the Sunday Times Magazine Thursday. | 星期四就可以给你 星期天出刊的《时代杂志》 |
[18:17] | – Everyone can on Thursday. – Right. | -大家都可以在星期四拿到 -对 |
[18:18] | I wouldn’t be talking to you if I needed it Thursday. I need it before anyone else. | 我若星期四才要用就不必跟你谈了 我得比别人先拿到 |
[18:23] | I already got hit with questions about it. I need it now. | 我已经被相关的问题问到了 我现在就要 |
[18:26] | Sorry. I never give subjects of an article sneak peeks. | 对不起我从不让报导的关系人先看 |
[18:30] | But I’m not a subject of the piece. | 可是我不是那篇报导的关系人 |
[18:32] | Am I? | 我是吗? |
[18:35] | Sure. If you hear anything about Hoynes making moves on staff, let me know. | 当然如果你听到何尼斯要召集 竞选团队的消息请告诉我 |
[18:40] | Okay. Thanks. | 好谢谢 |
[18:43] | You left the kid alone with the brass? | 你让那小鬼单独面对高官? |
[18:45] | Just for a minute. He seems to have a feel for that. | 一下子而已他似乎有点概念 |
[18:48] | He’s faking. If you learn one thing in prep school… | 他在装的在预校就是能学会 |
[18:51] | …it’s how to pretend you know what’s going on. | 不懂装懂 |
[18:53] | Rena said Toby’s stuck in some Chinese bra thing, and can’t… | 蕊娜说托比深陷 中国胸罩的议题而无法 |
[18:57] | Okay, do the Chinese even need bras? | 好中国人真的需要胸罩吗? |
[18:59] | – I mean, you know. – No, I don’t know. | -我是指你是知道的 -不我不知道 |
[19:01] | Some of us are trying to govern here, Josh. | 我们还得忙着管理这里乔西 |
[19:04] | Toby asked if you could cover a meeting with the mayor. | 托比在问你能不能 过去支援跟市长的会议 |
[19:06] | I said yes, assuming you’re trying to stay out of the Base Closing meeting. | 我说可以我想你也会想远离 基地关闭的会议 |
[19:10] | – Good call. – Great. Mayor’s on his way. | -干得好 -很好市长在路上了 |
[19:13] | Hey, Donna, which mayor? | 嘿唐娜哪一个市长? |
[19:16] | I’m not gonna play that game. Who is or isn’t in the piece, or what it’s about. | 我可不要玩这种游戏 谁涉入、谁没涉入或是什么内容 |
[19:20] | I wouldn’t be asking you if Drudge didn’t have it, if he wasn’t quoting it online. | 要不是德拉格早知道详情 而且在线上引述了我就不会求你 |
[19:24] | Drudge has better sources than you do. | 德拉格的资讯管道比你更好 |
[19:26] | Like maybe Hoynes’ publisher? | 也许是何尼斯的出版商? |
[19:28] | Publisher? Hoynes is writing a book? | 出版商?何尼斯在写书吗? |
[19:30] | Just got a $5-million advance. Must be saving some good stuff for it. | 刚获得五百万美元的预支酬劳 一定是留了很多好东西 |
[19:36] | Wish I could help you out, C.J. | 我也希望能帮你茜洁 |
[19:41] | But that’s just my policy. No sneak peeks. | 不能先看是我的政策 |
[19:48] | By the way, do you think there’s any chance I could get an exclusive… | 对了你觉得我是否有可能 拿到独家报导 |
[19:52] | …with the president on his reaction to what Hoynes has to say in my article? | 有关总统读了我的何尼斯报导后的反应 |
[20:03] | Yeah. There’s a chance. | 有有可能 |
[20:05] | But I can’t promise it. | 不过我没办法保证 |
[20:07] | Can you promise me that he won’t give anybody else an exclusive on this? | 你能答应我他不会让别的单位 拿到这个独家报导吗? |
[20:11] | – Yes. – Can you promise me… | -好 -你能答应我 |
[20:13] | …that if he issues a written statement, I’ll get a copy before anyone else? | 如果他有写出书面声明 我会比别人更早拿到副本吗? |
[20:17] | Yes. | 好 |
[20:20] | You sure you can’t promise me an exclusive? | 你真的不能保证 给我一个独家报导? |
[20:22] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 对不能保证 |
[20:27] | Well. | 哦 |
[20:28] | I really enjoyed finally meeting you. | 我很高兴终于见到你本人了 |
[21:03] | Could you print copies for Toby, Josh, Leo and the president? | 可以拷贝副本 给托比、乔西、里奥和总统吗? |
[21:07] | The Hoynes article? How bad is it? | 何尼斯那篇报导?很糟吗? |
[21:14] | – So it’s true. We could use the apparel… – The apparel import safeguard. | -所以是真的我们可利用成衣 -成衣进口保证条款 |
[21:17] | To protect American bras. | 来保护美国人的胸罩 |
[21:19] | Yes, but we can’t do anything… | 不过你们得先提出保证条款的请求 |
[21:21] | …until you file a safeguard petition. – Done. | -我们才能有所动作 -成交 |
[21:24] | – But… – Another “but”? | -不过 -又一个“不过” |
[21:26] | …our trade representative is in Beijing right now… | 目前我们的贸易代表正在北京 |
[21:29] | …working on a deal for exporting American-made cars to China. | 协商美制汽车出口到中国的交易 |
[21:33] | And using the apparel import safeguard against bras could kill the deal on cars? | 此时用进口保证条款对抗胸罩 就会毁了汽车的交易? |
[21:37] | – Exactly. – The Hoynes article. | -正是 -何尼斯的报导 |
[21:38] | – Better talk to the auto workers. – You know what they’ll say. | -最好跟汽车工人谈谈 -你知道他们会说什么 |
[21:42] | – That won’t make it easier. – Let’s take a break. | -那样不会比较容易处理 -我们先休息一下吧 |
[21:45] | And you can talk about which is more important to you: | 然后你们再讨论 看看哪一个对你们比较重要: |
[21:47] | Cars or bras. | 汽车或胸罩 |
[21:53] | We appreciate your coming in, Mr. Mayor. | 我们很感激你能前来 市长先生 |
[21:55] | Nice to finally see the inside of the place. | 很高兴终于得以一窥白宫内部 |
[21:57] | Could you excuse me for one second? | 容我先失陪片刻好吗? |
[22:00] | Sure. | 那当然 |
[22:02] | If the port is too shallow for most naval ships… | 如果那个港口对大部分的 海军船舰都嫌太浅了 |
[22:04] | …then why not recommend closing that base? | 那何不建议关闭那个基地呢? |
[22:07] | – Whose district? – Chris Finn’s. | -谁的选区? -克里斯芬恩的 |
[22:10] | Because the Base Closing Commission, while independent, is not insane. | 因为基地关闭委员会虽是独立作业 却非神志不清 |
[22:14] | They won’t recommend closing in a Congressional district represented… | 他们不会建议关闭 |
[22:17] | …by the chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Armed Services. | 军事拨款委员会主席先生 所代表的国会选区 |
[22:22] | Sorry about this. I’m gonna be tied up a little longer. | 很抱歉我一时还分不开身 |
[22:25] | Don’t let Ryan slow you down. | 别让莱恩担误到大家的进度 |
[22:27] | We also recommend no changes for Point Mugu Naval Air Station… | 我们还建议保留 穆谷岈的海军航空基地 |
[22:31] | – This can’t be your first time here. – It is during this administration. | -你不可能是第一次来 -在这次的执政期间算是初次造访 |
[22:34] | The Hoynes article. | 何尼斯的报导 |
[22:39] | So the president wants to issue a joint statement with you opposing… | 所以总统想跟你 起草一份联合声明 |
[22:43] | …the voucher rider on the snow-removal appropriation. | 反对在除雪拨款法案中 附加教育券条款 |
[22:47] | But I want the money. | 不过我要那笔钱 |
[22:49] | We’ll get it for you eventually. | 最终还是会给你那笔钱的 |
[22:51] | We’ll have to go through one round of the president vetoing it… | 第一回合 我们先让总统否决这个法案 |
[22:54] | …in order to get them to send us a clean bill, with no vouchers attached. | 目的是让他们送来 一个没有附加条款的法案 |
[22:59] | I want the voucher money too. | 我也要那笔教育券的经费 |
[23:03] | I’d like the president to sign the bill with the vouchers. | 我希望总统能签署 那个附有教育券的法案 |
[23:06] | Mr. Mayor, he’s vetoed every school vouchers bill they’ve sent. | 市长先生他否决了他们送来 每一所学校的教育券法案 |
[23:09] | I know. But this is just a pilot program. | 我知道不过这只是个试办方案 |
[23:12] | Little voucher experiment. | 小小的教育券实验 |
[23:15] | Help pay for maybe a couple hundred kids to go to private school… | 可以帮助也许几百个小孩 |
[23:18] | …out of 68,000 in the D.C. public school system. | 脱离特区现有六万八千所公立学校 然后去上私立学校 |
[23:21] | We’re against vouchers. Period. | 我们反对教育券就这样 |
[23:23] | And by “we,” I mean the entire Democratic Party. | 我说的“我们” 指的是整个民主党阵营 |
[23:27] | You’re still a Democrat, right? | 你还是民主党员吧? |
[23:31] | This bill got four Democratic votes in the Senate, and 42 in the House. | 这个法案在参议院得到民主党 四票的支持众议院获得42票 |
[23:37] | Look. It wasn’t my idea to put Congress in control of the D.C. budget. | 听好让国会掌控特区的预算 可不是我的主意 |
[23:42] | Then help us fight them on this. | 那就协助我们对抗他们 |
[23:43] | Why don’t you help me… | 你们何不协助我 |
[23:45] | …get some kids a better education? | 让一些小孩接受更好的教育? |
[23:49] | But if we bring him in to talk about it, then there’s… | 不过如果我把他拉进来讨论 那么 |
[23:52] | Congressman Finn would not only prevent closing the base… | 芬恩议员不只会 |
[23:56] | …in his district, he would make it his life’s mission to derail the entire process. | 阻止关闭他选区的基地 他还会穷毕生之力阻扰此事 |
[24:01] | The next base on our list is Twentynine Palms Marine Base… | 我们清单上的下一个基地是 29号棕榈树海军基地 |
[24:05] | …which is our best training facility for desert warfare. | 是我们进行沙漠作战 最佳的训练中心 |
[24:09] | And, obviously, we need to expand… | 很明显的我们必须扩大 |
[24:17] | Hi. Could you get me Congressman Christopher Finn, please? | 嗨可以帮我接通 克里斯芬恩议员吗? |
[24:22] | Ryan Pierce. I’m with the… | 我是莱恩皮尔斯我是 |
[24:25] | …Base Closing Commission. | 基地关闭委员会的一员 |
[24:55] | Can you believe this guy? | 能相信这家伙是这种人吗? |
[24:57] | Yeah, I can. This is the Hoynes I know… | 我可以这就是我所认识的何尼斯 |
[24:59] | …self-centered, self-important… | 自我、自以为是 |
[25:09] | Charlie? | 查理? |
[25:10] | They ready for me? | 他们准备好要见我了? |
[25:12] | I think they’re still reading, but you can go in. | 我想他们还在看报导 不过你可以进去了 |
[25:16] | – C.J. – Yeah. | -茜洁 -嗯 |
[25:17] | Don’t go on TV with Taylor Reid again, unless you tell him he’s an idiotic punk. | 不要再跟泰勒瑞德一起上电视了 除非你告诉他他是个落屎人 |
[25:22] | I think he knows that. | 我想他自己是知道的 |
[25:30] | I never said he could “beat the rap. “ | 我从没说过他可以“逃过一劫” |
[25:36] | I didn’t say any of this. | 我没说过这些话 |
[25:39] | We have to get the mayor on the president’s schedule today. | 我们得把市长 纳入总统今天的行程里 |
[25:42] | – Which mayor? – D.C. | -哪个市长? -特区的 |
[25:44] | It’s about time. | 也该是时候了 |
[25:45] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[25:47] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 哦天老爷 |
[25:49] | – I don’t remember the exact words. – “Weather. “ | -我记不起我到底是怎么说的 -“渡过” |
[25:53] | I think you said: “We could weather this. “ | 我想你是说: “我们可以渡过这次难关” |
[25:56] | – How does it differ from “beat the rap”? – It’s different. | -这跟“逃过一劫”有什么不同? -是不同的 |
[25:58] | Not enough for me to go and fight about it. | 差异并未大到让我得以背水一战 |
[26:01] | Did you tell him not to use White House phones? | 你有叫他别用白宫的电话吗? |
[26:03] | No. I said: | 不我是说: |
[26:05] | “Didn’t you know the White House keeps records of phone calls?” | “你难道不知道白宫 都有记录电话的吗?” |
[26:08] | Oh, great. That’s completely different. | 哦太好了 这就完全不同 |
[26:11] | Did you tell him this could be a right-wing conspiracy against the White House? | 你有告诉他 这可能是右翼对付白宫的阴谋吗? |
[26:14] | – Absolutely not. – Did you tell him he could deny it? | -绝对没有 -你有告诉他他可以否认吗? |
[26:17] | I asked him if he was in a position to deny it. | 我是问他 他有没有立场否认这件事 |
[26:21] | Okay. Couple more things. | 好还有一些事 |
[26:23] | He says you wanted details… | 他说你想要听所有的细节 |
[26:25] | …and he said it wasn’t your business. – Yes. | -他说这不干你的事 -对 |
[26:27] | Leo, did you say she was a cheap whore and suggest she had other customers? | 里奥你有说她是不要脸的婊子 还暗示她可能还有别的恩客? |
[26:31] | No. I said she was a cheap person because she sold her story. | 没我是说她是个小人 因为她出卖自己的故事 |
[26:35] | What kind of person does that? | 这算哪种人? |
[26:36] | Mr. President, did you say, “We’ve gotta start attacking her tonight”? | 总统先生你有说 “我们今晚就得开始攻击她了”? |
[26:40] | – No. – Anything like that? | -没有 -这类的话? |
[26:42] | I think I said, “If we’re gonna get him through this, we have to start now. “ | 我想我是说“如果要帮他渡过难关 我们今晚马上就得开始” |
[26:46] | I said “Since she sold her story, she won’t have a lot of credibility. “ | 我说“既然她已出卖自己的故事 她就没什么可信度了” |
[26:50] | Anything else about her? | 还有任何有关她的话? |
[26:53] | – Nothing. – You sure? | -没有 -你们确定? |
[26:55] | Yeah. | 对 |
[26:57] | I’m done. | 我好了 |
[27:02] | You think he’s getting ready to run? | 你觉得他准备要竞选了吗? |
[27:05] | I made some calls. He hasn’t made any moves on staff yet. | 我打了几通电话 他还没有开始找竞选的工作团队 |
[27:08] | I called the usual suspects in Iowa and New Hampshire… | 我打电话到爱荷华、新罕布夏 给一些可能的人选 |
[27:11] | …I’m waiting to hear back… – He’s writing a book. | -我还在等他们的回音 -他在写一本书 |
[27:15] | – A book? – Greg Brock told me. | -一本书? -葛雷布洛克告诉我的 |
[27:17] | – Big advance. – Then he’s definitely running. | -大跃进 -那他铁定是要参选的 |
[27:19] | He’s gonna make the book the final word on the scandal… | 他要利用这本书 来终结那个丑闻 |
[27:22] | …hold his wife’s hand on Oprah, and get a flight to Iowa. | 然后在欧普拉的脱口秀上握住 他老婆的手就可飞回爱荷华了 |
[27:25] | And rewrite history with the book. | 利用那本书窜改历史 |
[27:27] | His own version of every conversation we’ve ever had with him. | 我们跟他谈过的每一句话 他都有自己的版本 |
[27:42] | We gotta take a shot at Hoynes. He should know we have ways to fight. | 我们必须警告何尼斯一下 他得明白我们也有对付他的方法 |
[27:46] | – What ways? – We need a list. | -什么方法? -我们可以列出一张清单 |
[27:48] | – Of what? – All of his private, on-the-job screwups. | -什么清单? -所有他在公、私方面搞砸的事务 |
[27:51] | Every time Hoynes gave the president bad advice, every mistake, big and small. | 所有何尼斯给总统的糟糕建议 所有大大小小的错误 |
[27:57] | That mess he made with Mexico on immigration. | 就像墨西哥移民事件那次 他所捅出的篓子 |
[28:00] | How he tipped our hand on the energy bill. | 还有能源法案那次 他走漏消息 |
[28:02] | And lost the entire New York delegation on the transportation bill. | 还有交通法案 输掉整个纽约的授权 |
[28:06] | We leak it to the press, bit by bit. | 我们一点一点的透露给媒体知道 |
[28:07] | No, give it to me. I’ll fire a warning. | 不我来我来发出警讯 |
[28:10] | Not in the briefing room. It’s too big a story. | 不能在简报室发布 太复杂了 |
[28:12] | – And we’ll all look bad. – I won’t do it in the briefing. | -而且我们都会显得很难看 -我不用简报室 |
[28:16] | You’ll have the list in an hour. | 一小时内会把这张清单交给你 |
[28:26] | The first 10 pages are legislative achievements. | 前十页是立法成就 |
[28:29] | Which Hoynes almost screwed up. | 也就是几乎被何尼斯搞砸的事务 |
[28:30] | Right. The next section are the bills he really screwed up… | 对下一个单元 是他真正搞砸的法案 |
[28:33] | …and the last 12 pages have all the diplomatic stuff. | 最后十二页是外交相关事务 |
[28:36] | He offended seven South American heads of state in a five-day trip. | 他在五天行程的旅行 就得罪了七个南美国家的领袖 |
[28:40] | Got the China statement? | 拿到那个中国的声明了吗? |
[28:42] | We’re gonna make a move on bras. | 我们的胸罩事件得加快脚步了 |
[28:44] | You sure you don’t wanna insert a joke here? | 你真的不想借此幽默一下吗? |
[28:46] | So we wanna scare them on bras to get us a better deal on cars. | 这么说我们是要用胸罩吓他们 好让我们的汽车生意比较好谈 |
[28:49] | Exactly. So go tough on bras, but not too tough. | 正是所以对胸罩态度强悍一点 不过也不要太强悍 |
[28:52] | – And promise me something. – What? | -你要答应我一件事 -什么? |
[28:54] | You’ll never let them list my screwups. They wouldn’t have enough paper. | 你别让他们列出我搞砸的清单 不然纸会不够用的 |
[28:58] | The president can sign the bill, and say he still opposes vouchers. | 总统可以签署那个法案 然后再说明他仍然反对教育券 |
[29:02] | I mean, he signs bills with little things in them that he opposes all the time. | 很多法案虽然内含一些 他一向反对的小事他也都会签署 |
[29:06] | We open the door on vouchers, we’d have a revolt… | 只要我们打开教育券的大门 我们就会遭到 |
[29:09] | …by most of the Democrats on the Hill. | 国会山庄里 大多数民主党员的反对 |
[29:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:14] | Mr. Mayor, can you excuse me again for a second? | 市长先生我能再失陪片刻吗? |
[29:17] | Sure. I’ll wait. | 当然我会等的 |
[29:20] | Fifty percent of jobs in my district are dependent on that base. Fifty percent… | 我的选区里有一半的工作 是在那个基地一半 |
[29:24] | – Congressman Finn… – It’s been there since World War II. | -芬恩议员 -从二次世界大战起就有那个基地了 |
[29:27] | The town grew up around the base. | 整个城镇是因为那基地而兴起的 |
[29:29] | There is no town without the base. | 没有那基地就没有那城市 |
[29:31] | I want you to know you have the president’s complete support. | 我希望你明白 总统完全支持你 |
[29:34] | See? The president gets it. | 懂了吗?总统就明白 |
[29:37] | You can’t close this base. | 你们不能关闭这个基地 |
[29:40] | – Thanks, Josh. – Josh, we didn’t… | -谢谢乔西 -乔西我们没 |
[29:41] | I thought we should bring the congressman… | 我以为我们可以让议员 |
[29:44] | Can I see you for a sec? | 我可以私下跟你谈谈吗? |
[29:54] | Okay. That’s it. You’re fired. | 好就这样你被炒鱿鱼了 |
[29:56] | That’s good. Okay. | 这样很好好 |
[29:58] | Wave your finger. Act like you’ll hit me. | 挥动你的手 做出你想揍我的样子 |
[30:00] | – You out of your mind? – That’s good. Great. | -你是疯了不成? -这样子很好很好 |
[30:02] | Show Congressman Finn you’re ready to kill to save his base. | 让芬恩议员看到 你不计一切想要抢救他的基地 |
[30:06] | He’s gonna love you for this. | 他会为了这件事爱死你的 |
[30:08] | He’ll back you up on everything you want the commissioners to do… | 之后无论你要委员会做什么 他都会支持你 |
[30:11] | …and they’re a lot more afraid of him than of you. | 他们比较怕他不怕你 |
[30:14] | – Just give me your West Wing pass. – That’s good. | -把你的通行证给我就好 -这样很好 |
[30:16] | Here. Here. Great. Does Finn look like he’s buying this? | 哦太棒了 芬恩有被我骗到的表情吗? |
[30:19] | I told you not to open your mouth in that room. | 我告诉过你叫你别说话 |
[30:22] | Finn will be grateful to you for the rest of his life for saving his base. | 芬恩会一辈子感激 你想要抢救他的基地 |
[30:25] | You’re gonna get credit for what the commission was gonna do anyway. | 委员会早就决定的事 功劳会变成你的 |
[30:30] | You planned this? | 这是你计划的? |
[30:32] | Do you want me to cry? I can… | 你要我哭吗?我可以的 |
[30:34] | …I can do that. I can look like I’m crying. | 我可以装 我可以装出我在哭的样子 |
[30:40] | Stop. | 够了你 |
[30:42] | The president is considering a petition to impose an import safeguard on… | 总统正在考虑一个请求案 要给中国制成衣 |
[30:46] | … Chinese-made apparel, beginning with bras. | 加上进口保证条款 就从胸罩开始 |
[30:48] | – We may consider… – You ready for us? | -我们认为 -准备好了吗? |
[30:51] | A couple of minutes. | 再几分钟 |
[30:52] | The president will continue to press the Chinese… | 总统将会持续对中国施压 |
[30:55] | … to open their markets to American-made cars… | 以打开他们那里的美国车市场 |
[30:57] | … since China is now the world’s fastest growing market for cars and trucks. | 由于中国是目前全球 汽车与卡车成长最快速的国家 |
[31:01] | Mr. Mayor. Hi. I’m Charlie Young. | 市长先生嗨我是查理扬 |
[31:04] | Hey, Charlie. Good to meet you. | 嘿查理很高兴认识你 |
[31:05] | – How you doing? – I’m doing great. Just great. | -你好吗? -我很好真的很好 |
[31:08] | I wanted to introduce myself because, well, I’m a big fan. | 我一直想向你介绍我自己 因为嗯我很崇拜你 |
[31:11] | – Well, thank you. – I voted for you both times. | -哦谢谢你 -我两次都投给你 |
[31:13] | I hope you vote for me again. | 我希望你再投给我 |
[31:15] | – Every time. – Is he starting a bra war? | -每一次都会 -他要开启一个胸罩战役? |
[31:17] | No, the president has no intention of starting a worldwide bra war. | 不总统不想开启 全球的胸罩大战 |
[31:21] | I don’t think the president would ever start a war that the French might win. | 我不认为总统会想打一场 法国人可能会打赢的战争 |
[31:26] | Can you confirm or deny statements former Vice President Hoynes attributed… | 你能证实或否认 前副总统何尼斯引述 |
[31:29] | …to President Bartlet and Leo McGarry? – The president… | -巴特勒总统与里奥马加瑞的说法? -总统 |
[31:32] | Specifically, did they insist he could beat the rap? | 特别是他们曾经坚称 他可能可以逃过一劫吗? |
[31:35] | Okay, everyone get this down, because I’m only gonna say this once. | 好大家都记下来 因为我只会说一次 |
[31:39] | The president and Mr. McGarry… | 总统与马加瑞先生 |
[31:40] | …feel they have not been accurately quoted, but they refuse to… | 觉得他们的话没有被正确的引述 不过他们拒绝 |
[31:44] | Hold on, Mark. They refuse to comment… | 等一下马克 他们拒绝为 |
[31:46] | …on any part of the conversation with the vice president prior… | 与副总统在下台前的对话内容 做任何评论 |
[31:50] | …to his resignation. They felt they provided advice and support… | 他们认为他们只是为一个 发生大麻烦的朋友 |
[31:53] | …to a friend with a serious personal problem… | 提供支持与建言 因为那样的重大危机 |
[31:56] | …that would affect his work and family. | 是会影响到他的工作与家庭的 |
[31:58] | They believe it was a private conversation, and as far as they’re concerned, it still is. | 他们相信那些是属于私人的对话 无论是当时或现在都是私人对话 |
[32:04] | I’m sorry, Mr. President, but we can argue all night… | 我很抱歉总统先生 不过我们可以争辩一整夜 |
[32:07] | …and I won’t change my mind. – Again. | -但我还是不会改变初衷 -又来了 |
[32:11] | I’m not the only one. | 我不是唯一的一个 |
[32:13] | My school board president changed her mind too. | 我的校董会董事长也改变主意了 |
[32:16] | – Janny? – Scott. | -珍妮? -史考特 |
[32:18] | She’s in favor of vouchers now? She used to rail against them. | 她现在支持教育券了? 她以前是坚决反对的 |
[32:21] | After six years of us promising to make schools better next year… | 经过我们六年来承诺 要让学校比一年比一年更好 |
[32:26] | …we’re ready to give vouchers a try. We’re ready to give anything a try. | 我们已经准备要试试教育券了 什么都愿意试 |
[32:29] | You start handing out tuition vouchers for private schools… | 只要你开始交出 到私校上学的教育券 |
[32:33] | …you’re sending the message it’s time to give up on public schools. | 就等于是传达 要放弃公立学校的讯息 |
[32:37] | With all due respect, Mr. President, no one talks to me… | 恕我直言总统先生 没有任何人对我说 |
[32:40] | …about giving up on public schools. | 要放弃公立学校 |
[32:42] | I assume I’m the only one here who went to public school. | 我想我是此地唯一一个 有上公立学校的人 |
[32:45] | And you’re the best advertisement for them. | 而且你是他们最佳的代言人 |
[32:47] | Kids didn’t bring guns to school in my day. | 在我的年代 小孩子不会带枪去上学 |
[32:49] | Republicans wanna spend more on D.C. education, do it on public schools. | 共和党想在特区花更多的教育经费 用在公立学校上 |
[32:54] | We spend over $ 13,000 per student. | 每一个学生花费超过一万三千美元 |
[32:56] | That’s more than anywhere else, without a lot to show for it. | 这数目远远超过其他 一些没有经费可用的地方 |
[32:59] | But if we start diverting money away from public schools… | 可是我们如果开始把钱 转出公立学校的话 |
[33:02] | …that’s the beginning of the end of public education. | 就等于是宣告公立教育的末日了 |
[33:05] | This is extra money Republicans will give only for the vouchers. Nothing else. | 这是共和党特别拨给教育券用的 没别的意思 |
[33:09] | They’re using you to divide the party. | 他们要利用你来分化党 |
[33:11] | I’m the only mayor in America with funds run by Congress and the president. | 我是全美唯一个 经费由国会与总统掌控的市长 |
[33:17] | And you guys never pass up playing political games with the city I’m running. | 而且你们老是拿我经营的城市 在玩政治游戏 |
[33:21] | Your Honor, I’m not suggesting how to run D. C… | 阁下我不是要建议你 如何经营特区 |
[33:24] | Yes, you are, Mr. President. | 是你是的总统先生 |
[33:25] | Congress is, too, and I resent it. | 国会也是我很讨厌这样 |
[33:27] | But this time… | 不过这次 |
[33:29] | …they wanna give me money for something that might help students. | 他们想给我钱 做些对学生有帮助的事情 |
[33:35] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[33:37] | I don’t know how to refuse that. | 我不知道如何拒绝这种好处 |
[33:42] | This is a pilot program? | 这是试办方案? |
[33:44] | Enough money for a couple hundred students. | 对几百个学生来说 这笔钱够好了 |
[33:46] | I have a few thousand names on a waiting list for vouchers, already. | 我已经有几千个人在排队 要申请教育券了 |
[33:51] | Go into any one of my schools. | 到我辖区里的任何一所学校去 |
[33:53] | Ask kids who wanna go to college what they think of vouchers. | 问问那些想上大学的小孩 他们对教育券的看法 |
[33:56] | They’ll ask you where they can sign up. | 他们只会问你 他们该去哪里报名 |
[34:00] | Could you ask Charlie to come in, please? | 能麻烦你叫查理进来吗? |
[34:08] | – Am I caught up on phone calls? – Everybody but Ben. | -我要接谁的电话吗? -很多除了班 |
[34:10] | – You wanna see if I can get him? – No, thanks. | -要不要我再联络他? -不谢了 |
[34:16] | – What, did I screw up the China thing? – No. That was great. Perfect. | -什么我把中国的事搞砸了? -不是那件事很棒很完美 |
[34:20] | – You going over there now? – Yeah. | -你现在要过去了吗? -对 |
[34:23] | I thought maybe I could give you a ride. | 我原以为我可能有空让你搭便车 |
[34:26] | No. Thanks, Toby, but I’ll be okay. | 不谢了托比我不会有事 |
[34:29] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[34:31] | Yeah. I’ll see you later. | 对我们待会儿见 |
[34:33] | Charlie, would you sit down, please? | 查理请你先坐下好吗? |
[34:40] | Would you tell us where you went to high school? | 能告诉我们 你上哪个高中吗? |
[34:42] | – Roosevelt. – A public school. | -罗斯福高中 -公立学校 |
[34:45] | – Yes, sir. – Where did you wanna go to school? | -是的先生 -你原先想上哪所学校? |
[34:48] | Gonzaga. | 冈萨加 |
[34:50] | – A parochial school. Near Union Station. – Why? | -教会学校在联合车站附近 -为什么? |
[34:53] | There’s never been a shooting… | 那里没有枪击事件 |
[34:55] | …no metal detectors… | 没有金属探测器 |
[34:57] | …almost everyone goes to college. | 每一个人几乎都可以上大学 |
[34:59] | – Couldn’t afford it? – Couldn’t come close to affording it. | -但是负担不起? -连边都沾不上 |
[35:04] | You know what this meeting’s about? | 你知道这次的会议主题为何? |
[35:06] | Yes, sir. The mayor told me. | 是先生市长有告诉我 |
[35:08] | What do you think of an experimental voucher program for D.C. schools? | 你对于特区学校试办教育券方案 有何看法? |
[35:12] | I wish they had one when I was in school. | 我只希望我当年在学校时 就有这样的方案 |
[35:15] | You planning on telling me that anytime soon? | 你有打算 要尽快告诉我这件事吗? |
[35:18] | Can’t say that I was, sir. | 不能说我有这种打算先生 |
[35:21] | Your Honor, I’m gonna need your help putting out fires within the party on this. | 阁下这件事我要你帮我 在党内到处去灭火了 |
[35:26] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[35:28] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你总统先生 |
[35:38] | The vice president will see you now. | 副总统现在可以见你了 |
[35:48] | – Hey, C.J., great to see you. – Mr. Vice President. | -嘿茜洁很高兴见到你 -副总统先生 |
[35:51] | Come on with that title. I think we’re back to “John,” don’t you? | 那头衔就免了 我们也该回到“约翰”了吧? |
[35:54] | How have you been? You look great. | 你还好吗?你看起来很棒 |
[35:56] | – Please, sit down. – I don’t wanna take up time. | -请坐 -我不想太占用你的时间 |
[35:59] | I’m the only lawyer here without clients, so I’ve got time. Sit, please. | 我是此地唯一没有客户的律师 我有的是时间请坐 |
[36:03] | You should take a look at this list. | 你该看看这张清单 |
[36:17] | If you continue rehabilitating yourself by throwing mud and lies at the president… | 如果你为了起死回生 持续以谎言污蔑总统的话 |
[36:21] | C.J., you can stop. I get it. | 茜洁你不用说了我明白了 |
[36:27] | You mind if I keep this? | 介意我保留这份吗? |
[36:29] | Please do. You can give it to whoever’s ghostwriting your book. | 请留存你可以拿给 暗中代你写书的作者 |
[36:34] | You can tell the president not to worry about the book. | 你可以转告总统 他不需要担心那本书 |
[36:37] | I’m not gonna make him look bad. | 我不会让他显得很难看的 |
[36:38] | I’m trying to get the scandal behind me so I can move on. | 我只是想结束让那个丑闻 好继续过我的日子 |
[36:41] | The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but? | 真相完全的真相句句属实? |
[36:44] | Well… | 嗯 |
[36:46] | I’m gonna call it Full Disclosure. | 我会称之为《全盘托出》 |
[36:48] | What do you think? Good title? | 你觉得怎样?这书名好吗? |
[36:53] | – Am I going to be in the book? – Yes. | -我也会在书里? -是 |
[36:56] | Not mentioning you would be strange. | 而且你是有点怪的角色 |
[36:58] | I mean, after the president and vice president… | 我是说总统与副总统之外 |
[37:01] | …you’re the most visible person in the White House. | 你是白宫曝光率最高的人 |
[37:03] | I’d prefer not to be. | 我宁可不要 |
[37:08] | C.J., you’ve got nothing to worry about. | 茜洁你不用担心什么 |
[37:10] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[37:18] | What will you do in the campaign when stories come out? | 等那些故事披露之后 你打算如何办竞选活动? |
[37:21] | – Those stories? – No, the other women. | -那些故事? -不其他女人的故事 |
[37:25] | – I haven’t decided to run. I really… – There have been other women, right? | -我还没决定要选我真的 -一定还有其他的女人对吧? |
[37:30] | Lots of them. Right? | 很多对吧? |
[37:32] | Because the way you came on to me… | 因为你勾搭我的方式 |
[37:34] | – Way too smooth, way too practiced… – C.J., that was 10 years ago. | -太顺手、太老练 -茜洁那都是十年前的事了 |
[37:38] | – I’m sorry. – When you run… | -我很抱歉 -等你开始竞选 |
[37:40] | …the press will find some of those women. | 媒体自然会去找到其他女人 |
[37:42] | And if you try to attack them… | 如果你想攻击她们 |
[37:44] | …if you get your opposition research team on them… | 如果你派出 你的搜索队去对她们反侦察 |
[37:47] | …if you try to destroy them, say they’re bimbos and liars… | 如果你想摧毁她们 说他们都是不检点的女人或骗子 |
[37:50] | …I’ll be standing with them… | 我就会跟她们站在一起 |
[37:52] | …and I’ll be ready to take anything you or your people throw. | 我会有所准备 正面迎战你或你的手下的攻击 |
[37:55] | So don’t make me tell the truth about you, because it will be the whole truth. | 所以别让我说出有关你的真相 因为我一开口就会是完全的真相 |
[39:02] | – You okay? – No. | -你还好吗? -不好 |
[39:05] | Is there anything I can do? | 我能帮你什么吗? |
[39:08] | No. | 不能 |
[39:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:13] | What do I need to catch up on? | 有什么我应该知道的? |
[39:16] | The president signed a school vouchers bill for D.C. | 总统签了一个特区的教育券法案 |
[39:19] | You kidding? | 你开玩笑? |
[39:21] | I leave the building for an hour and he switches parties? | 我才离开这栋建筑一小时 他就换党了? |
[39:25] | – You need a press release? – No, it can wait. | -你现在需要新闻稿吗? -不可以先等等 |
[39:27] | I’ll be in my office. | 我会在我的办公室 |
[39:29] | – Toby. – Yeah? | -托比 -嗯? |
[39:51] | There is no night of my life I regret more than that one. | 曾经有一个夜晚 是我这一生中最后悔的一夜 |
[39:54] | – You don’t have to explain it. – I wish I could, but I can’t explain it. | -你不用解释 -我希望我能但是我无法解释 |
[40:00] | I knew he was married. | 我早知道他已婚 |
[40:04] | I knew it. | 我早知道 |
[40:07] | I always thought women who do that… | 过去我以为会做出那种事的女人 |
[40:14] | If I could take back… | 如果我能要回 |
[40:17] | …one moment of my life, it would be getting on that elevator… | 我生命中的某一刻 那一定是走进那部电梯的那一刻 |
[40:31] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:33] | Don’t have to apologize to me. | 你不用对我道歉 |
[40:35] | I don’t have anyone else I can apologize to. | 我没有别的人可以道歉 |
[40:42] | I’ll come to your office in a few minutes, and we can work on the release. | 我过几分钟再到你办公室去 我们可以一起弄新闻稿 |
[40:47] | Sure. | 当然 |
[41:22] | Ben. Hi, it’s C.J. | 班嗨是茜洁 |
[41:29] | I guess I’ve had better days at the office. | 我上起班来已经比较好了 |
[41:34] | You know, the usual, and then some. | 就是一般都还好 有时候很背 |
[41:40] | Yeah, I’d love to. | 好我很乐意 |
[41:43] | Let me just check the schedule tomorrow… | 等卡萝来了 |
[41:45] | …when Carol’s here, you know, make sure I’m clear that night. | 我再查查明天的行程 确定我明晚是否有空 |
[41:50] | That sounds great. | 听起来很棒 |
[41:53] | Ben… | 班 |
[41:55] | …could you do me a favor? | 你能帮我个忙吗? |
[41:58] | Would you mind talking to me for a while, and letting me just listen? | 你可以对我说一会儿话 让我光是听就好吗? |
[42:06] | I don’t know, whatever you want. | 我不知道随便你说 |
[42:08] | Just as long as it has nothing to do with my job. | 只要是跟我的工作无关就行 |
[42:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:17] | Really? | 真的? |