时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | -I just wanna grow in my job.-Why do you say that? | -我只是想努力做好份内工作-为什么那样说? |
[00:10] | I have one career. I want it to matter. | 我有一个很好的职业 我希望这个工作能有意义 |
[00:12] | You’re not going to Gaza. | 你不去迦萨走廊 |
[00:14] | You’re not attending talks with Israelis and Palestinians | 不会去参加 以色列跟巴勒斯坦的对谈 |
[00:17] | who don’t work for their governments.-We’ll see. | -他们不为自己的政府做事 -我们走着瞧 |
[00:20] | You want me to go to the Middle East with a whistle | 你要我去中东带着哨子… |
[00:23] | teach congressmen to make lanyards? | 教议员怎么做拉火绳? |
[00:25] | I need you to go so we can stay out of trouble. | 我要你过去是希望 我们可以不会惹上麻烦 |
[00:28] | It’s the best we can do in that region. | 这是我们能在那个地方做的事情 |
[00:30] | I think we should be more engaged over there not less. | 我想我们应该在那里做更多事情 而不是更少 |
[00:33] | – Thank you.I appreciate it. -Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[00:35] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[00:37] | Your diplomatic passport. | 你的外交护照 |
[00:39] | You’re going on a CODEL to the Middle East. | 你要参加中东国会代表团 |
[00:42] | No presidential handholding. | 总统不会去 |
[00:44] | See what’s going on brief me and Toby. | 看看情况如何 回报给我跟Toby知道 |
[01:28] | Four days I’m still not adjusted. 2:00 a.m. staring at the ceiling. | 都已经过了四天 我还无法习惯 凌晨两点我还盯着天花板睡不着 |
[01:31] | -Those briefings would put you out. -Good idea. | -那些简报应该可以帮助你入睡 -好点子 |
[01:34] | Get somebody to hit me with one. | 拿简报把我打昏吧 |
[01:36] | -They’re a displaced population. -Displaced? | -他们是难民 -难民? |
[01:41] | Palestinians moved 15 miles.Did you ever move? | 巴勒斯坦人移动了15英里 你有移动吗? |
[01:43] | They’re still refugees. | 他们还是难民 |
[01:45] | You know after 50 years one option might be to get over it. | 50年后大概会有选择 |
[01:48] | – It feels hotter today.Is that possible? – Enjoy your break? | -今天更热了有这种可能吗? -放假还愉快吗? |
[01:52] | – Wasn’t what you think. – Let’s go folks. We’re moving out. | -跟想像中的不一样 -走吧我们要离开 |
[01:58] | Black cars. Good choice for this climate. | 黑色的车子 跟这种天气真是绝配 |
[02:02] | Everybody’s this angry now what must it have been like before air conditioning? | 每个人都快疯了 没有冷气的日子真是可怕 |
[02:30] | Yeah.Travel learn about new cultures make new friends. | 是啊旅行就是要体验不同文化 认识新朋友 |
[02:34] | What do photographers say in the digital age… | 以前摄影师都会说 过来看看我的暗房 |
[02:37] | now that the “come and see my darkroom” line | 在数位时代 他们该改口说什么 |
[02:39] | …has gone the way of the dodo? | 来取代暗房这种过时的字眼? |
[02:41] | They offer their high-speed Inter… | 他们提供高速网路 |
[04:15] | Ladies and gentlemen the duty-free cart will be coming through the cabin shortly. | 各位女士先生 我们即将开始销售免税商品 |
[04:20] | Please refer to the catalog in the seat pocket in front of you… | 请参考座位前方的目录 |
[04:23] | for any items you may wish to purchase. | 决定您想购买的商品 |
[04:26] | – The in-flight service…-Heard from Donna? | -飞行途中的服务 -有Donna的消息吗? |
[04:28] | I get these daily interminable e-mails that I have no time to read. | 我每天都有一堆邮件 没时间看 |
[04:33] | She doesn’t seem to have mastered pith. | 她好像抓不到什么重点 |
[04:36] | Donna’s style is more along the lines of les mots mo’. | Donna是属于唠叨型的人 |
[04:40] | -You hear from Andy? -Concision’s not her problem. | -有Andy的消息吗? -她的问题不是在于简洁与否 |
[04:42] | Every day the same three little words:”See your children.” | 安迪每天都只有三个字 “看小孩” |
[04:45] | Before e-mail it was a lot harder for your ex to hock you from 6000 miles away. | 在电子邮件出现之前 前妻很难从六千英里远的地方烦你 |
[04:50] | Are the kids with Andy’s mom? | 孩子们现在跟着Andy的妈妈啊? |
[04:51] | The very definition of an approach-avoidance situation. | 完全是回避冲突的技俩 |
[04:54] | – Say you’re from Minnesota. – I am. | -说你是从明尼苏达州的人-我是啊 |
[04:56] | – No we’re pretending. – We’re not actually. | -不是啦我们是在假装 -其实不是 |
[04:58] | -And you’d like prescription drugs. -What do I have? | -你喜欢需要处方才拿得到的药-什么药? |
[05:01] | -Not important. -It could be clouding my judgment. | -不重要-这会影响到我的判断啊 |
[05:03] | – You’re no fun. – I’m having fun. | -你很扫兴-我觉得很有趣啊 |
[05:04] | Minnesota set up a website linked to Canadian pharmacies | 明尼苏达州设立了一个网站 连接到加拿大的药局 |
[05:08] | for the importation of cheap drugs in violation of federal law. | -进口便宜药品违反联邦法 -这还是假设吗? |
[05:11] | I’m getting calls wondering why the administration’s not enforcing this ban. | 我接到抗议电话 问我们为什么没有加强取缔 |
[05:15] | Curiosity as to what other statutes the White House is planning to ignore. | 还有什么法律是白宫打算忽略的 |
[05:19] | Shouldn’t somebody applaud our affirmation for states’ rights? | 难道没人赞赏我们对于各州法律自主权的尊重吗? |
[05:22] | – Is that what we’re doing? – Not really. | -这是我们的做法吗? -不算是 |
[05:24] | We need a policy. Hoping no one noticed has run its course. | 我们需要有明确政策 不能再以为没人注意到就算了 |
[05:27] | I’ll get into it after I check on how the Timberwolves and Twins fared. | 等我先看一下灰狼队跟双城队表现如何 再跟你讨论 |
[05:31] | – Bit’s over.- Okay. | -下注时间过了 -好吧 |
[05:34] | – Leo. Got a minute? – Just. | -Leo.有时间吗? -有 |
[05:36] | The vice president attended that fundraiser last night. | 副总统昨晚出席了募款餐会 |
[05:39] | -He did well.-Keep the amazement out of your voice. | -他表现得很好 -不要用那么惊讶的语气 |
[05:41] | -I was trying to pay you a compliment. – Thanks. | -我是想给你赞美 -谢谢 |
[05:44] | -He got questioned about this trip. -It’s a CODEL. | -他对这趟旅程有疑问-是访问团 |
[05:46] | Has nothing to do with administration policy. | 跟政府的政策无关 |
[05:49] | They want to know if we’re contemplating… | 他们想知道我们是否有思考 |
[05:51] | …active reengagement in the peace process. | 重新积极介入 和平谈判过程 |
[05:53] | It’s a tar baby. Sisyphus. | 最好不要淌混水 一定徒劳无功 |
[05:55] | Hijacks your entire agenda. | 想讨论的议题一定会被模糊焦点 |
[05:56] | Lands everyone back right where they started only angrier if that’s possible. | 只是不断绕着同样话题转 越讨论越没结果 |
[06:05] | Josh.Arrived Gaza.Couldn’t even unpack. | Josh:到了迦萨还没卸下行李 |
[06:08] | Still no comprehension of the money. | 还是不了解钱的事情 |
[06:11] | Probably criminally under or over tipping the entire Palestinian service sector. | 大概偷偷藏在巴勒斯坦的管理部门 |
[06:16] | Will either be run out on a rail or given a parade upon leaving. | 到时候不是坐火车跑掉 就是在离开时来场游行 |
[06:20] | We were whisked down to a meeting with the Fatah leaders. | 我们被带去会见法特领袖们 |
[06:23] | If that sounds fascinating… | 如果你觉得听起来很有趣 |
[06:25] | … then you’ve gotten more out of the description than the experience. | 那是因为你没有实际来体验 |
[06:29] | Turns out Palestinian politicians are just as coma-inducing… | 因为巴勒斯坦的政客 跟我们的一样 |
[06:32] | … as our domestic variety. | 懦弱又无趣 |
[06:34] | These incursions are designed as provocations. | 这些入侵行动通常是种挑衅 |
[06:37] | Tanks roll in. | 坦克车开进来 |
[06:38] | This naturally excites resistance… | 通常会造成反弹 |
[06:40] | which then is used as a pretext for armed assault. | 也就是武装攻击的前兆 |
[06:43] | You’d agree that Israel doesn’t set out to target innocents. | 你们认为以色列的攻击 并不是针对无辜平民 |
[06:46] | No. I do not agree. | 不我不认为 |
[06:48] | As opposed to Palestinian suicide bombers on buses in pizza parlors. | 跟巴勒斯坦自杀炸弹攻击如出一辙 |
[06:57] | Same old story same old song and dance eh? | 这种故事不断重复上演 |
[07:01] | You don’t expect to meet many Aerosmith fans in Gaza. | 在迦萨不太可能碰到 史密斯飞船的歌迷 |
[07:05] | Colin Harrison. Photojournalist. | Colin Harrison 是个摄影记者 |
[07:07] | The cameras were a big hint. | 摄影机是个很明显的暗示 |
[07:09] | Four hundred Fatah members resigned in protest… | 400名法特成员辞职抗议 |
[07:12] | over alleged financial abuses and corruption… | 因为不满政府的 |
[07:15] | -…among your leadership. – This is not what we must discuss. | -经济政策跟贪污状况 -我们不需要讨论这个 |
[07:18] | Sixty percent of Gaza live below the poverty line. | 百分之六十的迦萨人民 极度贫穷 |
[07:21] | Gaza is an open-air Palestinian prison. | 迦萨是巴勒斯坦的大牢房 |
[07:24] | You’ll never understand anything about Gaza by listening to politicians. | 光听政客的话 绝对无法了解迦萨的实际状况 |
[07:28] | Or with you distracting me. | 或是像你这样让我分心 |
[07:31] | Fair enough. | 很好 |
[07:33] | Hey I’ll let you listen in peace… | 嘿我会让你好好听 |
[07:36] | …if you meet me in the bar when this ends. | 但结束后你要跟我去夜店 |
[07:38] | -I don’t know how long this is gonna..-I’ll wait. | -我不知道要多久 -我可以等 |
[08:00] | – Hi. – Hi. – Hi. – Hi. | |
[08:02] | What would you like? | 想喝点什么? |
[08:04] | Juice please. | 果汁 |
[08:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:09] | Among the tribulations of life in Gaza the inability to get a proper pint. | 在迦萨的艰苦生活中 连啤酒都喝不到 |
[08:14] | What’s your pleasure when you’re not being subjugated by fundamentalists? | 你没被基本主义者控制的时候 有什么乐趣呢? |
[08:18] | Rusty nail. Old-fashioned girl. | 指甲没修整齐 是个保守的女孩 |
[08:20] | – Alluring. – My dad’s drink. | -很迷人 -我爸的酒 |
[08:23] | – Still enchanted? – Less. | -还那么迷人吗? -没有 |
[08:29] | So is this your routine? | 所以这是你的习惯吗? |
[08:31] | Scout the new arrivals make for the nearest blond? | 跟新来的金发女生搭讪? |
[08:34] | Well not always blond. | 并不全都是金发女生 |
[08:38] | What’s wrong with attending conferences? | 参加会议有什么不对? |
[08:40] | You’re fact-finding. Why is that? | 你很爱追问事实 为什么? |
[08:45] | I mean there’s more to understand in Gaza than facts. | 我的意思是 在迦萨有更多事情比事实更有趣 |
[08:49] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[08:51] | To an old-fashioned girl. | 敬保守女孩 |
[08:55] | What? | 干嘛? |
[08:57] | I’m sorry. That was just really cheesy. | 抱歉感觉有点恶心 |
[09:00] | Hate to see you blow the whole dashing foreign-correspondent thing. | 真讨厌你这样毁了对国外特派员的魅力 |
[09:03] | Thanks very much. | 谢谢 |
[09:11] | – So show me. – What? | -带我看看吧-看什么? |
[09:14] | The real Gaza. | 真正的迦萨 |
[09:17] | -See.What I was hoping… -I know what you were hoping. | -我本来希望… -我知道你希望什么 |
[09:23] | So when do we start? | 那什么时候开始呢? |
[09:29] | When you get out of the hotel and into the streets… | 等走出旅馆到街上之后 |
[09:31] | … what hits you about Gaza isn’t the overcrowding and poverty. | 迦萨给人的印象不是过度拥挤 也不是一个贫穷的地方 |
[09:35] | You’ve been briefed about that. | 这你已经知道了 |
[09:37] | What strikes you is something else.Idleness. | 让人印象深刻的是一种停滞的感觉 |
[09:40] | The sense of a people waiting but with no expectation. | 一种人们不知道在等待什么的空洞感 |
[09:43] | It’s hard to convey. | 我很难告诉你那种感觉 |
[09:48] | Ashraf. Ashraf. | |
[09:50] | Colin. Colin. | |
[09:55] | I’d like you to meet someone. | 让我来介绍 |
[09:57] | -Ashraf Monsour this is Donna Moss. – Hi. | -Ashraf Monsour 这是Donna Moss -嗨 |
[10:00] | Miss Moss is with the American government delegation.She’d… | Moss小姐是美国政府的使节代表 |
[10:03] | She’d like to understand Gaza better. | 她想对迦萨有更深入的认识 |
[10:05] | I am not unemployed.I’m electrician. | 我没有失业喔 我是个电工 |
[10:07] | Ashraf works in construction in Israel. | Ashraf在以色列的工地工作 |
[10:10] | I am not unemployed. | 我没有失业喔 |
[10:12] | -I don’t…-The Israelis closed the checkpoints | -我没有… -以色列在自杀炸弹攻击后 |
[10:14] | -..after a suicide bombing. – Last week. | -关闭检哨站 -上个礼拜 |
[10:17] | – Right. – I can’t work to feed my family. | -对-我没办法工作无法养我的家人 |
[10:25] | – He says I should become one of them. – What’s it say? | -他说我应该加入他们的行列-写了什么? |
[10:29] | “The glory of eternity for our martyrs.” | “殉难者的不朽光辉” |
[10:31] | The Palestinian Authority pays 2000 U.S.dollars to the families of “martyrs.” | 巴勒斯坦当局付美金两千元 给殉难者的家人 |
[10:36] | Plus 150 a month until the last child leaves home. | 还有一个月150元的津贴 直到孩子都长大离家为止 |
[10:39] | I wish to work. These martyrs… | 我想要工作 可是这些殉难者 |
[10:41] | These martyrs take food out of my children’s mouths. | 他们抢了我孩子的食物 |
[10:48] | When it’s open 19 000 Palestinians a day | 当检哨站开启的时候 每天都有一万九千个巴勒斯坦人 |
[10:51] | pass through the Erez checkpoint to work jobs in Israel. | 经过检哨站到以色列工作 |
[10:54] | Fact. More later. | 事实上之后会更多 |
[10:57] | We’re not cutting cotton subsidies. We went through a whole trade thing. | 我们没有删减棉花的补助 我们已经经历过贸易协定的阶段 |
[11:00] | I’m not reopening that exploding can of worms. | 我才不要再讨论那个麻烦事 |
[11:04] | – Since when is this under the NSC? – Since heroin traffic spiked in Europe. | -这从什么时候变成国安局管的?-自从海洛因走私盛行欧洲之后 |
[11:08] | I’m about to come down with globalization headache number five. | 我快要被全球化搞到头痛了 |
[11:11] | When farmers can’t afford to grow cotton… | 当农夫没钱种棉花 |
[11:14] | can’t compete with cheap U.S.textiles from subsidized crops… | 没办法跟美国 便宜的纺织原料竞争时 |
[11:17] | …they plant something else. | 他们就把脑筋动到别的东西上 |
[11:19] | – Poppies. -Fields.Like someone colorized Nebraska. | -鸦片 -鸦片田就像把内布拉斯加染红一样 |
[11:23] | Well maybe we should subsidize poppies. | 或许我们该补助种植鸦片 |
[11:31] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[11:35] | What’s up? | 什么事? |
[11:38] | Explosion in Gaza.The CODEL.Some fatalities. | 迦萨走廊发生爆炸 国会代表团有人伤亡 |
[11:42] | – Donna? – It just happened.That’s all I know. | – Donna? -事情才刚发生 我只知道这些 |
[11:53] | – An apparent car bomb has exploded. – MSNBC’s got it! | -迦萨发生一起汽车爆炸案 -网路新闻台在播! |
[11:55] | I’m holding.I’ve been holding.Carol. | 我在等、对方叫我等Carol |
[11:58] | – I keep getting cut off. – Try his cell phone. | -一直断线 -试试看他的手机 |
[12:01] | – I’m trying. – Not the switchboard. | -我在打 -不要再转给总机了 |
[12:02] | I’m calling his cell phone in Gaza directly. | 我直接打到他的手机 |
[12:05] | – And getting cut off. – Do we know anything? | -又被切断了 -现在情况到底如何? |
[12:07] | We’re trying cell phones but we can’t get through. | 我们试着打他们的手机 可是无法接通 |
[12:10] | – They’re probably busy. – They could answer their phone.Or not. | -大概在忙吧 -总有时间接手机吧还是没办法? |
[12:13] | – Donna? Andy? – We don’t know. | – Donna? Andy?-不知道 |
[12:15] | – Carol? – No one’s getting through. | -Carol? -没一个接得通 |
[12:21] | Hello? Andy. | 哈啰?安迪? |
[12:23] | How are..?How are you? Are you..?Are you okay? | 你..你好吗?你没事吗? |
[12:26] | She’s all right.She was in the other car and she’s all right. You’re all right. | 她没事她在另一部车上 她没事 |
[12:30] | – My God I see her! – Where? | -天啊我看到她了! -在哪里? |
[12:32] | On the right…On the cell phone.Right there. | 在右边在讲电话就在那里 |
[12:35] | We can see you.You’re on TV.On the..On the monitor. | 我们看到你你上电视了 在镜头里面 |
[12:39] | How’s Donna? | Donna呢? |
[12:41] | Two congressmen confirmed dead. | 两位议员不幸身亡 |
[12:44] | Korb and DeSantos. | Korb跟DeSantos议员 |
[12:48] | – What about Donna? – What about Donna? | -Donna呢?-Donna还好吗? |
[12:51] | She was in the car that… | 她坐在 |
[12:54] | Andy saw people put in ambulances. That’s all she knows. | 安迪看到有人被送上救护车 她只知道这些 |
[12:57] | Yeah. | 好 |
[12:59] | I’m just… | 我 |
[13:01] | I’m just glad that you’re okay. | 我很开心你没事 |
[13:03] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[13:05] | Just come home will you? Just… | 快点回家好吗? |
[13:08] | Get the hell out of there and come home. | 快离开那里马上回家 |
[13:51] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[13:52] | Three dead so far sir. | 目前为止有三个人死亡 |
[13:54] | Congressmen DeSantos and Korb. | DeSantos跟Korb议员 |
[13:57] | – Oh God. – And we just got word. | -天啊 -我们刚收到消息 |
[14:00] | Admiral Fitzwallace. | 第三名死者是Fitzwallace将军 |
[14:05] | There are others injured. | 还有其他人受伤 |
[14:06] | They’ve been taken to area hospitals. | 受伤的人都被送到附近的医院 |
[14:09] | Sir I’ll get the phone numbers of the congressmen’s families. | 总统先生 我去查议员家人的电话 |
[14:21] | I asked Fitz to go. | 我叫Fitz去的 |
[14:36] | Getting in and out of the Israeli settlement of Kfar Darom… | 进出以色列在 卡法达伦的屯垦区 |
[14:39] | … requires a military escort. | 需要护卫队 |
[14:41] | Five hundred mortar shells have landed there in the last three years. | 过去三年来已经有 五百个迫击炮攻击事件 |
[14:45] | During our pre-dinner break I met an Israeli settler family. | 在我们吃晚餐之前 我跟一个以色列移民的家人碰面 |
[14:49] | Two days before a mortar round had exploded in their kitchen. | 两天前他们的厨房才刚被炸弹袭击 |
[14:53] | It came through the roof. | 从屋顶掉下来 |
[14:54] | One half-hour later my wife would have been giving breakfast to our children. | 如果是一个小时半以后 我老婆就会在厨房跟孩子们吃饭 |
[14:58] | Four others have fallen around the house. | 其他四个掉在房子的其他地方 |
[15:01] | When the Palestinians get a hit they secure the launchers. | 巴勒斯坦攻击的时候 他们会留下发射器 |
[15:04] | And that way they can make sure to repeat the strike. | 这样才能重复攻击 |
[15:07] | – You must live in constant fear. – Our soldiers will find the mortar. | -你们一定过的心惊胆跳 -我们的士兵会找到迫击炮 |
[15:11] | You replace the tile roof with concrete and pray. | 也只能把屋顶换成水泥的 然后祈祷 |
[15:16] | In Israel there’s talk of giving up these settlements. | 在以色列他们提到想放弃 屯垦区的事情 |
[15:20] | God wants us in this place. | 上帝带我们来到这个地方 |
[15:22] | It is our divine moral obligation to be here. | 待在这里是我们神圣的使命 |
[15:25] | If we give in to the Arabs they’ll take more and more and… | 如果让给阿拉伯人 他们会得寸进尺 |
[15:28] | We’ll all end up in Tel Aviv. | 到最后我们只能去特拉维夫 |
[15:30] | And then they’ll take that. | 他们会连那里也不放过 |
[15:32] | All of this… | 这些不安跟攻击 |
[15:34] | It doesn’t make you wanna leave? | 不会让你想离开吗? |
[15:35] | This is the most safe environment. | 这已经是最安全的地方了 |
[15:38] | In Jerusalem when you see an Arab you don’t know. | 在耶路撒冷当阿拉伯人出现 我们并不会知道 |
[15:42] | Here if you see one you know he’s dangerous and you shoot him. | 在这里至少知道他们是危险的 然后就可以开枪 |
[15:48] | Please excuse us. | 不好意思 |
[15:51] | Moss. Moss. Moss. Moss. | |
[15:53] | Donatella Moss. Tall blond. | Donatella Moss她高高的 金色头发 |
[15:56] | Do you have any idea of her condition where she was taken? | 知道她的情况吗?她被带到哪里去? |
[15:59] | I understand. Is there anyone there who…? | 我了解有人知道? |
[16:02] | This is Josh Lyman calling from the White House. | 我是Josh Lyman 从白宫打来 |
[16:05] | The White House.Yes.Where the president lives. | 白宫喔 总统住的地方 |
[16:08] | I’m looking for information about one of the bombing victims Donatella Moss. | 我想知道爆炸案一名伤患的情况 她叫做Donatella.Moss |
[16:12] | Are you kidding? You know the term”decent interval”? | 开什么玩笑?你知道“适当距离”这个词吗? |
[16:16] | Go away. | 走开 |
[16:19] | Magley from the DNC wants to talk about who to run | 民主党同盟委员会的Magley想知道 |
[16:22] | for the two vacant House seats. -You’re joking. | -谁要接替那两位议员的位置 -开什么玩笑 |
[16:25] | They’re still picking up pieces over there… | 他们还在那里善后 |
[16:27] | he’s talking about DeSantos’ poachable district. | 他在说迪圣东的选区 |
[16:30] | – What’s he calling you for? – Thought Josh’d be upset about Donna. | -他打来干嘛? -Josh应该很担心Donna. |
[16:34] | I guess he figured since my ex-wife was only almost blown up… | 他大概觉得既然我前妻 逃过一劫 |
[16:38] | …that I’d only be almost upset! | 我应该不会那么生气! |
[16:42] | -I’m getting calls from AIPAC. -Every 10 minutes. | -以色列公共事务委员会一直打电话来 -每十分钟一次 |
[16:45] | Them and every pro-Israeli lobby. | 还有支持以色列的人 |
[16:46] | Half trying not to sound happy the rest trying to avoid saying “I told you so.” | 其中有一半的人假装很难过 另一半的人尽力不放马后炮 |
[16:51] | The president’s giving an address? | 总统要发表演说吗? |
[16:55] | – Tonight. – The vice president… | -今晚 -副总统 |
[16:57] | would like to see an advance copy. | 想看稿子 |
[16:59] | To check spelling correct errors noted grammarian that he is? | 想要帮忙订正错字跟文法吗?这是重要的演说 |
[17:02] | You’re worried about the politics. You’re as bad as that clown from the DNC. | 你担心的是政治问题 这样跟民主同盟的家伙有什么两样 |
[17:06] | It’s a major address about a tragedy. He has an interest in the content. | 演讲内容是对于这次惨剧的回应 副总统是对内容有兴趣 |
[17:11] | Yes.There’s interest in the political ramifications. | 对他对这件事的政治后果 很感兴趣 |
[17:14] | – That’s what we all do. – Some of us are trying to govern. | -我们都一样 -我们还想把国家治理好 |
[17:17] | A heads-up. It’s not so much to ask. | 先行了解这个要求应该不过分 |
[17:19] | I’m polishing right up till air. | 我还在修改 |
[17:26] | I’m glad Andy’s okay. | 我很高兴Andy平安无事 |
[17:33] | I wonder who they would have called had she been killed. | 如果她遇害不知道他们会通知谁 |
[17:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:49] | Everyone. | 各位 |
[17:51] | – What do we know? – Roadside bomb detonated by cell phone. | -我们掌握到哪些情况? -路边爆炸、是被手机引爆 |
[17:55] | They knew they were targeting Americans. | 他们是针对美国人 |
[17:57] | The black Suburbans are well-known. | 黑色雪佛莱车举世闻名 |
[17:59] | Up to now that’s been advantageous. | 这本来是件好事 |
[18:01] | U.S.officials have long been off-limits to Palestinian terror attacks. | 美国官员之前一直都不是巴勒斯坦恐怖攻击的对象 |
[18:04] | -That seems to have changed. -What’s striking… | -看来情况已经改变 -让人惊讶的是… |
[18:07] | …is no claim of responsibility. | 没有一个组织愿意承认攻击 |
[18:09] | They usually can’t take credit fast enough. Hezbollah Hamas Islamic Jihad. | 通常他们都会马上承认黎巴嫩真主党、巴勒斯坦或圣战组织 |
[18:12] | All announced they had nothing to do with this. | 他们都宣称跟这次爆炸案无关 |
[18:15] | They don’t wanna wake up to a cruise missile for breakfast. | 因为他们不想被 美军巡弋飞弹攻击 |
[18:18] | – What are we doing? – State is in touch with Palestine. | -我们有任何行动吗? -正在跟巴勒斯坦联系 |
[18:21] | The president meant things that aren’t a waste of our time. | 总统要问的是真正有用的行动 |
[18:24] | FBI investigative team is en route. | 联邦调查小组已经出发到当地 |
[18:26] | Langley’s coordinating with Mossad and Israeli military in gathering information. | 中情局的人员跟摩撒德和以色列军方合作努力收集情报 |
[18:31] | And compiling a list of possible targets for retaliation. | 目前正在列出可能的报复对象名单 |
[18:34] | Are there any? We can’t go flatten some refugee camp. | 会这样吗?我们不可能去轰炸难民营吧 |
[18:37] | That’s what we’re trying to determine. | 我们正在思考当中 |
[18:39] | Mr.President the Palestinian chairman’s on the phone. | 总统先生巴勒斯坦总理在线上 |
[18:43] | I’ll bet he is. | 最好是 |
[18:45] | – In here. – Yes sir. | -接过来 -是 |
[18:50] | -You’re on with the chairman sir.-Chairman Farad. | -现在已经跟总理通上话了总统-Farad总理 |
[18:54] | Mr.President I wish to convey my most profound dismay | 总统先生 让我先致上哀悼之意 |
[18:57] | and sincerest sympathiesover this inc | 我感到万分难过对于这桩 |
[18:59] | – Murder Mr. Chairman. – Yes. Terrible. A criminal act. | -谋杀 -是的这是非常可怕的犯罪行为 |
[19:03] | The assassination of U.S.government personnel. | 谋杀美国政府官员 |
[19:06] | An act of war some would say. | 有人可能会把这个事件当作是开战 |
[19:09] | The Palestinian Authority condemns this attack in the strongest terms. | 巴勒斯坦当局严厉谴责爆炸攻击案 |
[19:13] | – All Palestinians condemn… – Not the perpetrators Mr.Chairman. | -巴勒斯坦人民谴责 -那些犯罪者可不 总理先生 |
[19:17] | They’ll be hunted down and made to suffer the maximum punishment. | 攻击者将受到最严厉的惩罚 |
[19:21] | Swift and harsh. | 将迅速逮捕严厉惩罚 |
[19:22] | Do you know who they are? | 你知道他们是谁吗? |
[19:25] | Criminals. Traitors. | 罪犯、叛国者 |
[19:27] | Mr. President you must believe no organized group would do this. | 总统先生请你相信 这不是组织型犯罪 |
[19:31] | All understand to target Americans would be catastrophic to the Palestinian cause. | 大家都知道攻击美国人 将会对巴勒斯坦不利 |
[19:36] | In this Mr.Chairman they are entirely correct. | 总理先生这点十分正确 |
[19:40] | Thank you for the call. | 谢谢你来电 |
[19:42] | Again Mr.President my heartfelt condolences | 总统先生我再次表达 |
[19:46] | … on this most barbaric act. | 对这件野蛮攻击的哀悼之意 |
[19:50] | Condolences? | 哀悼? |
[19:51] | See what he says about it in Arabic for domestic consumption. | 看看他对于国内消费的看法是怎么用阿拉伯话形容的 |
[19:54] | He knows who did it. | 他知道是谁做的 |
[19:56] | – I’m sure that’s what the Israelis will say. – They’ve lived 30 years with this guy. | -我想以色列应该会有这样的回应 -他们跟他共处30年了 |
[20:00] | The chairman’s control is less than absolute. | 总理没什么权力 |
[20:03] | Hamas has a strong power base there. | 哈犸斯组织在那的势力庞大 |
[20:07] | Sir? | 总统先生? |
[20:16] | I would like to observe a moment of silence… | 我想默哀 |
[20:19] | in commemoration of those dedicated individuals… | 感念那些 |
[20:22] | who gave their lives in the service of their country this day. | 为了这个国家牺牲性命的人 |
[20:35] | General. | 将军 |
[20:38] | Prepare contingency plans for retaliatory military action… | 准备应变计划 筹备军事报复行动 |
[20:41] | …against Palestinian terror targets. | 对抗巴勒斯坦恐怖攻击 |
[20:44] | Including the chairman’s headquarters. | 包括总理的总部在内 |
[21:06] | – Leo.You wanted to see me? -Yeah.Listen. | – Leo.你要见我? -是 |
[21:09] | With Nancy McNally out of the country you’re gonna have to be our go-to… | Nancy.McNally不在国内 所以你将成为国家安全的 |
[21:14] | I was gonna say “guy.” The problem with English. | 我本来想说负责“人” 英文的麻烦就在这里 |
[21:17] | “Guy” is wrong “gal” is patronizing and “person” sounds arch. | 说“人”太笼统 说“女士”太刻意 |
[21:21] | -“Go-to guy”is fine. -Good because you’re it. | -负责人就可以 -很好 |
[21:24] | Which is a lot to throw at you weeks into the job. | 你才刚来几个礼拜 这个工作份量对你可能有点重 |
[21:27] | I want you to know you have my and the president’s full support. | 我跟总统对你百分之百支持 |
[21:30] | – I appreciate your confidence. – We need you to coordinate intelligence. | -谢谢你对我这么信任 -我们需要你协调情报工作 |
[21:34] | Especially CIA and FBI. | 尤其是中情局跟联邦调查局 |
[21:37] | You may have heard. They have trouble playing nicely together. | 你大概听说了 他们之间一直有合作上的困难 |
[21:41] | – Boys will be boys. – Don’t be afraid to knock heads together. | -男生就是这样 -尽管去把两个单位抓来合作 |
[21:45] | We don’t want turf wars slowing down intel. | 我们不希望内部问题 让情报工作效率欠佳 |
[21:47] | I’ll keep on them. | 我会注意他们的 |
[21:48] | – You run into resistance let me know. – I hope that won’t be necessary. | -如果有人不服 让我知道 -希望不会有这种情况 |
[21:52] | Another thing. The president’s not crazy about the DCI. | 还有总统不太喜欢中情局局长 |
[21:55] | It’s chemical.It just rubs him the wrong way. | 不对盘他不太喜欢跟他来往 |
[21:58] | – Okay. – This isn’t gossip.It’s guidance. | -好 -这不是八卦是指令 |
[22:01] | If the CIA’s got something… | 如果中情局有消息 |
[22:03] | …the director’s not the most effective vessel for communicating it. | 找局长不是最好的管道 |
[22:07] | I’ll underline anything I think is significant. | 我会把重要的事情告诉你 |
[22:09] | We just need you to be all over this.State Defense. | 我们需要你面面俱到 国务院跟国防都需要照顾到 |
[22:12] | You’re the White House point person. | 你现在是白宫的指挥官 |
[22:16] | I won’t let you down. | 我不会让你失望的 |
[22:19] | Oh and on that whole language score. | 喔还有语言的部分 |
[22:22] | I was in the military. I manned battleships was one of the boys. | 我以前在军中负责战舰配置 跟男孩没两样 |
[22:26] | Occasionally was exhorted to drop my… You know and grab my socks. | 有时候会被告诫 |
[22:31] | -I’ve made my peace with the colloquial.-Okay. | -所以我不在乎别人怎么称呼我 -好 |
[22:34] | Just between us girls. | 那就当作是姐妹之间的秘密啰 |
[22:37] | Thanks Leo. | 谢谢Leo |
[22:40] | Still just the three confirmed. | 还是确认只有三名遇难者 |
[22:43] | It was not a suicide attack. | 这不是自杀攻击 |
[22:45] | I’ve already… | 我已经… |
[22:47] | No claims of… Hey! | 没有嘿! |
[22:49] | Is this working for you? | 这有用吗? |
[22:52] | Now if you’ll ask your questions one at a time like.. | 可不可以一次问一个问题 |
[22:55] | …every other time maybe you’ll come away with something to write… | 这样你可能会有东西写 |
[22:58] | and maybe I’ll still be speaking to you when I climb down. | 或许下去时我还会跟你们讲话 |
[23:01] | – Katie. – Is the administration considering… | -Katie. -政府有考虑… |
[23:04] | …military action in response to the attack? | 以军事行动回应这次攻击吗? |
[23:06] | The immediate focus is on gathering information… | 现在的重点放在搜集情报 |
[23:09] | on who might have been responsible. | 找出攻击者 |
[23:11] | Will the U.S. ask the Israelis to carry out any military retaliation? | 美国会要求以色列进行 军事报复行动吗? |
[23:15] | We’re strongly urging both Israel and the Palestinian Authority… | 我们呼吁以色列及巴勒斯坦双方 |
[23:18] | to refrain from doing anything to inflame tensions at this time. | 不要任意行动 以免恶化紧张局势 |
[23:22] | Will the administration actively seek the removal of Palestinian Chairman Farad… | 政府会要求 巴勒斯坦总理Farad下台吗? |
[23:26] | and press for Israeli withdrawal from Gaza? | 会要求以色列从迦萨撤离吗? |
[23:29] | If you’re asking if today’s events will impact U.S.policy it’s safe to assume… | 如果你要问的是这次事件是否将影响美国政策 我想 |
[23:34] | that question will generate serious discussion… | 这个问题将会在未来几天 |
[23:36] | …in the coming days weeks and months.Gordon. | 几个礼拜、甚至几个月内 引发连串讨论Gordon. |
[23:39] | Do you have a comment on today’s FDA warning… | 你对于今天食品药物管理局 对加拿大网路药局提出的 |
[23:42] | on safety violations at Canadian Internet pharmacies? | 违反安全警告有什么看法? |
[23:47] | – What? – I haven’t been able… | -什么? -我没办法 |
[23:49] | …to get exact information but they have gotten her stabilized… | 得到确切消息 但是她的情况已经稳定了 |
[23:52] | …which sounds encouraging. | 也算是好消息 |
[23:55] | I’m sorry I don’t have more but I didn’t want you… | 抱歉我无法提供更多消息 但我不希望你跟… |
[23:58] | …and Mr.Moss to have to wait any longer. | Moss先生再枯等下去 |
[24:00] | The thoughts and prayers of a grateful nation… | 现在整个国家 |
[24:02] | are with you and your family at this time. | 都跟你们一起为他祈祷 |
[24:06] | Not at all Mrs.Korb. | 不客气Korb女士 |
[24:08] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[24:15] | Charlie when your mother was killed you got one of these calls? | Charlie 你妈被杀的时候 你有接到这种电话吗? |
[24:18] | Yes sir. Her captain. | 有的她的队长打电话来 |
[24:21] | Did it make you feel any better? | 你有因此感到好过一点吗? |
[24:23] | Not really sir. | 没有 |
[24:25] | Nothing makes you feel better. | 什么都无法让你好过 |
[24:28] | But it did make me feel proud. | 不过我有觉得很骄傲 |
[24:34] | How’s Donna? | Donna还好吗? |
[24:35] | -Potential bleeding issues. – Dire issues? | -可能有些出血的状况 -很危急吗? |
[24:39] | Significant’s the word they used but dire is good. | 他们说很严重 不过危急这个字眼也不错 |
[24:41] | – How’s Donna? – Some issues. | -Donna还好吗? -有些状况发生 |
[24:43] | – Life-threatening? – Significant. | -有生命危险吗? -很严重 |
[24:45] | – Hey. Donna okay? – Some issues. | -Donna还好吗? -有些状况发生 |
[24:47] | -I’m not sure what they are. – You know what? | -不知道是什么问题 -你知道吗 |
[24:49] | – Maybe we’ll do this all at once. – Josh. | -我们应该一次一起讲- Josh. |
[24:57] | – Hi Kate. – Any news on Donna? | -嗨Kate-Donna有消息吗? |
[24:59] | – Some issues. – Potentially significant. | -有些状况发生-可能很严重 |
[25:01] | With bleeding. | 有出血的危险 |
[25:04] | -Anyway there’s been major blood loss. -Poor kid. | -总之她有严重失血的状况 -可怜的孩子 |
[25:12] | What’s gonna be our response? | 我们该做何回应? |
[25:13] | – What do you think? – Regime change. | -你觉得呢? -改朝换代 |
[25:15] | Take out the chairman. | 把总理拉下台 |
[25:17] | Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. | 巴勒斯坦从不错失任何 丧失良机的机会 |
[25:20] | -Abba Eban’s line. – The guy in Tel Aviv’s no picnic. | -以色列前外长Abba Eban的名言-特拉维夫的人可不是开玩笑的 |
[25:23] | State’s convinced nothing can happen till these two guys are gone. | 国务院说在这两个人离开前 不会有事发生 |
[25:26] | – Israel’s not the problem. – The walls. | -问题不在以色列身上 -是城墙的问题 |
[25:29] | – Israel didn’t just blow Americans up. – I’m not saying there’s equivalence. | -以色列不会随便轰炸美国-我不是这个意思 |
[25:31] | Israelis don’t talk about driving Palestinians into the sea. | 以色列人没提过他们把巴勒斯坦人赶到海边的事情 |
[25:34] | – Some do. – Come on. | -有啊 -拜托 |
[25:36] | – Never heard of “Greater Israel”? – Not from anyone serious. | -没听过“大以色列国协”吗? -没有听人认真的说过 |
[25:39] | People say nothing can happen until these guys are gone | 人们说只要这些人在 就不会有事发生 |
[25:42] | because they both may be stuck in old attitudes or assumptions. | 因为他们都是守旧派人士 |
[25:45] | There was a time when all Arabs wanted to drive Jews into the sea. | 以前所有的阿拉伯人都想把 犹太人赶走 |
[25:49] | – But some argue that time’s passed. – Listen to Arab broadcasts. | -不过有人说那个时代已经过了 -听听现在的阿拉伯电台就知道 |
[25:52] | Rabble-rousing to distract. | 利用煽动暴民的手法来混淆视听 |
[25:54] | I’m not sure any credible Arab leader expects Israel’s demise. | 我不觉得阿拉伯领袖会想让以色列灭亡 |
[25:57] | – Even the chairman. – Don’t bet on it. | -就连总理都不例外-不要太笃定 |
[25:59] | -There’s a view… -Don’t say “some argue”… | -有说法指出 -不要说“有人说” |
[26:01] | and”there’s a view.”Can we restrict it to your view? | 或是“有说法指出”你自己的观点呢? |
[26:04] | Okay.Palestinians are no longer fighting to destroy the Jewish state. | 好巴勒斯坦不再想摧毁犹太民族 |
[26:08] | They’re fighting for a state of their own. A struggle against an occupying force. | 他们只是想要有自己的国家 |
[26:13] | And revolutionaries will outlast and out-die occupiers every time. | 而革命者总是能战胜占领者 |
[26:16] | I don’t know if that’s more simplistic or naive. | 不知道这是比较简单 或是一种天真的想法 |
[26:19] | It’s tribal. It can’t be solved.It’s Hatfield and McCoy… | 这是无解的种族问题 这是Hatfield跟McCoy |
[26:23] | …and there is no end. | 不会有结束的一天 |
[26:32] | – She’s so young. – Yeah. | -她好年轻 -是啊 |
[26:34] | Suicide bombers often leave these videotapes behind. | 自杀炸弹攻击客通常会留下 这种录影带 |
[26:37] | What’s she saying? | 她在说什么? |
[26:48] | “It was always my wish to turn my body into deadly shrapnel… | 我希望把自己的身体炸成碎片 |
[26:53] | to knock on the door of heaven with the skulls of Zionists. | 让犹太复国主义者跟我一起碎尸万段 |
[27:00] | God gave me two children who I love so…” | 上帝给了我两个可爱的孩子 |
[27:03] | She had children? | 她有小孩? |
[27:05] | Oh yeah. | 是的 |
[27:08] | One and 3. | 一个一岁、另一个三岁 |
[27:10] | Her husband had no idea she was planning to do it. | 她丈夫对她的计划 一点都不知情 |
[27:14] | Here. | 这里 |
[27:17] | Families of suicide bombers get showered with gifts. | 自杀炸弹客的家人会拿到一堆礼物 |
[27:20] | It’s customary at the funeral to hand out sweets. | 葬礼的习俗是要分送甜点 |
[27:27] | It’s unimaginable. | 真是难以想像 |
[27:30] | Well you don’t have to imagine it do you? | 现在不需要想像了不是吗? |
[27:32] | It’s real. | 这一切都是真实的 |
[27:35] | -We have to retaliate. -Responding militarily… | -我们必须有所回应 -用军事行动报复 |
[27:38] | …makes us a combatant. | 让我们成为好战者 |
[27:39] | When they attack your people they’ve made that choice for you. | 当你的同胞被攻击 就别无选择 |
[27:42] | Or we use this as an opportunity. | 我们同时也把这当作机会 |
[27:45] | Employ the moral authority to reengage in pressing both sides for peace. | 利用这机会压迫双方重建和平 |
[27:48] | We need to kill them! | 我们得杀了他们! |
[27:50] | We need to find them and to kill them. | 我们得找到那些人 把他们都杀了! |
[27:52] | We kill them. Then we find out who sent them and we kill them too. | 杀了他们之后找到幕后主使者 把他们也都杀光 |
[27:56] | Kill the people who did it planned it.Kill everyone who was happy about it. | 把执行者、主谋者 还有幸灾乐祸的人都杀光 |
[28:02] | Yes sir. | 是 |
[28:04] | Thank you Mr.President. You can go in. | 谢谢总统先生 你们可以进去了 |
[28:07] | Josh. Josh. | |
[28:12] | An opportunity? | 机会? |
[28:16] | Where’s Donna now? | Donna在哪里? |
[28:18] | She’s being medevaced to Ramstein… | 她被直升机送到瑞姆斯丹 |
[28:20] | …then transferred to Landstuhl for treatment. | 再转送到兰斯特尔治疗 |
[28:23] | – An operation? – I don’t know. | -需要动手术是吗?-不知道 |
[28:25] | -We’ve got excellent people in Germany. -Yeah. | -德国有很优秀的医疗团队 -对 |
[28:28] | If there’s someplace you’d rather be everyone would understand. | 如果你不想待在这 大家都能理解 |
[28:32] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[28:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:41] | Border tour went on forever. | 边境的旅行真是没完没了 |
[29:43] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[29:48] | – You still got time? – Ten minutes. | -还有时间吗? -还有10分钟 |
[29:50] | All right. | 好 |
[29:52] | Hey Yossi! | 嗨Yossi! |
[30:04] | Donna Moss she’s with the Americans.My friend Yossi. | 这位是Donna Moss 她是美国人 这是我朋友Yossi. |
[30:07] | -He’s a very wicked man you know? -Heartbreaker. | -他是个怪人 -会让人心碎的家伙 |
[30:09] | – My hero actually. – Oh I’m sure. | -其实是我的英雄啦 -当然 |
[30:14] | – So how old are you? – I’m 22. | -你几岁? -22岁 |
[30:17] | You like the army? | 你喜欢军队生活吗? |
[30:19] | It’s an Israeli’s most sacred duty. Nothing I will ever do is more important. | 这是以色列人最神圣的使命 我再也找不到更重要的工作 |
[30:23] | – Plus girls like the uniform. -The uniform? | -再说女生喜欢穿军服的男生-军服? |
[30:26] | They like me. | 女生喜欢我 |
[30:29] | Colin says you have strong feelings about serving here. | Colin说你对在这服役有很强烈的反应 |
[30:32] | Is no good. Gaza. | 迦萨很不好 |
[30:35] | – No good how? – Well 7500 Israeli settlers… | -怎么说? -这里有七千五百名以色列人 |
[30:37] | surrounded by 1.3 million Palestinians who do not wish them here… | 被一百三十万个不欢迎他们的巴勒斯坦人包围 |
[30:42] | …and we’re in the middle. | 我们被夹在中间 |
[30:43] | That’s difficult. | 十分为难 |
[30:45] | Once we’re sent to dismantle an illegal settlement. | 有一次我们被派去解决 一次不合法的移民行动 |
[30:48] | The settlers punch and kick us. | 结果那些移民对我们大打出手 |
[30:50] | A woman bit my arm so hard she drew blood. My own people. | 我被一个女人咬手臂咬到流血 她是我的同胞呢 |
[30:53] | Yossi spent some time guarding the settlement in Kfar Darom. | Yossi曾经负责看守Kfar Darom地区的屯垦移民 |
[30:56] | I’ve been there. It’s… It’s dangerous. | 我去过那里是很危险的地方 |
[30:59] | I lost comrades. | 我失去了同胞 |
[31:01] | For a soldier this is expected. | 对一个士兵来说 这是不可避免的 |
[31:03] | But two were women. | 不过他们是女生 |
[31:05] | Girls 19. | 都是才19岁的年轻女孩 |
[31:07] | Killed in their barracks. | 在营房里被杀 |
[31:09] | – I’m sorry. -Tell her what happened then. | -我很遗憾 -告诉她之后发生什么事 |
[31:13] | Go on man. You can tell her. | 没关系告诉她 |
[31:19] | After the deaths of the girl soldiers some in my unit… | 那些女士兵死了之后 我那组的一些士兵 |
[31:23] | …they’d call on loudspeaker… | 透过扩音器 |
[31:25] | …in Arabic.Taunting calling them names. | 用阿拉伯话说了一些 |
[31:28] | Filthy names. | 对他们不敬的称呼 |
[31:30] | And young Palestinians would come out from hiding boys with rocks. | 然后年轻的巴勒斯坦人 年轻的男孩他们拿着石头 |
[31:35] | And… | 然后 |
[31:37] | And they’d shoot them with live bullets. | 他们就用子弹射他们 |
[31:43] | – You… – I do not shoot children. | -你… -我没有杀小孩 |
[31:46] | Donna I serve with them. | Donna 我跟他们一起服役 |
[31:48] | They’re not evil. | 他们并不是坏人 |
[31:49] | But when people who are not monsters do this it’s the situation. | 可是当善良的人这样做的时候 问题就出在整个局势 |
[31:54] | The circumstances are to blame. | 是局势造成这种问题 |
[32:00] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[32:02] | -Thanks for speaking with me.-Enjoy your visit. | -谢谢你跟我分享 -祝你玩得开心 |
[32:13] | I better not come and join your friends. | 我还是不要加入你朋友的行列 |
[32:16] | Bye. | 再见 |
[32:22] | You know after 50 years one option might be to get over it. | 五十年后搞不好会有办法解决 |
[32:25] | It feels hotter today.Is that possible? | 今天感觉更热了 |
[32:27] | Enjoy your break? | 你的小憩还愉快吗? |
[32:28] | It wasn’t what you think. | 跟你想的不一样 |
[32:53] | At this time all electric devices must be turned off… | 请关掉所有电子用品 |
[32:56] | … and stowed in preparation for our landing in Frankfurt. | 我们即将降落在法兰克福机场 |
[33:06] | Ten-hut. | 敬礼 |
[33:09] | -What’s the latest?-The FBI team lands in five hours. | -最新的消息呢? -调查局五个小时后将会降落 |
[33:12] | -You’ve spoken to Nancy? -Dr.McNally’s left Caracas. | -有跟Nancy说到话吗?-McNally离开卡拉卡斯了 |
[33:15] | – She’ll hit Tel Aviv Cairo Amman. – Tell her to be careful. | -她接着会去特拉维夫、开罗跟安曼 -叫她小心一点 |
[33:18] | – What’s the situation on the ground? – Chairman’s not letting the grass grow. | -当地的情况如何? -总理让这里一片光秃秃的 |
[33:21] | Palestinian Authority police made a night raid into the Jabaliya refugee camp. | 巴勒斯坦当局警察晚上到 贾巴利亚难民营搜捕 |
[33:27] | There was an exchange of gunfire. Six suspects were taken into custody. | 有枪战发生 最后六名嫌犯被拘提 |
[33:30] | -Are they the right people? -Israelis say no. | -是攻击者吗? -以色列当局说不是 |
[33:33] | – Did they wanna think about it? – They say these guys are dissidents… | -他们确定吗? -他们说那些嫌犯只是… |
[33:37] | …from Fatah. | 法塔的反叛份子 |
[33:38] | The chairman just…Settling old scores. | 总理只是老调重谈 |
[33:41] | -He did take action.-We awarding A’s for effort now? | -他的确有所行动 -我们现在肯定他的努力吗? |
[33:44] | Effort’s what he’s accused of never making. | 我们以为他从没做过的努力 |
[33:46] | What more do we know? | 还知道什么资讯? |
[33:48] | The planning the execution the size of the bomb | 从爆炸案的计划执行 到炸弹的大小 |
[33:51] | …all appear too sophisticated to be some guys just freelancing. | 看起来都像是职业组织型犯罪 |
[33:54] | Hamas and Hezbollah have used roadside bombs like this against IDF tanks. | 哈犸斯跟真主党都曾发动过 类似的路边炸弹攻击 |
[33:59] | Maybe that’s what this was intended for. | 搞不好攻击者本来 想攻击以色列坦克车 |
[34:01] | Because Chevy Suburbans are often confused with Israeli tanks. | 因为雪佛兰休旅车跟以色列坦克车很像 |
[34:07] | Military options? | 军事选择呢? |
[34:09] | As you noted earlier sir fixed targets are hard to come by. | 如同你之前提过的 很难有固定的目标 |
[34:12] | Half the time the Israelis aren’t sure what to hit. | 通常以色列都是乱枪打鸟 |
[34:15] | So let me sum up.We don’t know who did this… | 让我总结一下 我们不知道是谁做的 |
[34:19] | …or even if they meant to. | 是否是刻意攻击也不知道 |
[34:20] | Don’t know how we’d hit them if we did find out. | 如果不知道的话 就不知道如何反击 |
[34:23] | Don’t know who these guys were that the chairman arrested. | 不知道总理抓的是否是对的人 |
[34:26] | Is there anything anything at all that we are certain of? | 我们有确定的资讯吗? |
[34:30] | Other than three U.S.officials were brutally murdered? | 除了已经有三个美国官员死亡之外 |
[34:34] | We know that at the blast site… | 我们知道在爆炸现场 |
[34:37] | groups of young Palestinians stoned Western reporters | 有一群巴勒斯坦人对西方记者丢石头 |
[34:41] | …shouting “God is great. “ | 大叫上帝万岁 |
[34:57] | Hi I’m Josh Lyman from the White House… | 嗨我是从白宫来的Josh Lyman |
[35:00] | …looking for Donatella Moss’ room. | 请问Donatella Moss住在哪一间 |
[35:18] | – Mr.Lyman? – Yeah. | -Lyman先生? -我是 |
[35:20] | Colonel Leahy. I operated on Miss Moss. | 我是Leahy上校 是我帮Moss小姐动手术 |
[35:22] | For what exactly? I’m a little behind the curve. | 动什么手术呢? 我不太了解她的状况 |
[35:25] | She had a multiple compound fracture of the femur.. | 她的股间有复合性骨折 |
[35:28] | …and a pneumothorax. – Sorry I… | -同时有气胸的情况-抱歉我 |
[35:30] | – Collapsed lung broken thighbone. – Collapsed lung. That’s no biggie? | -她的肺部衰很、而且有骨折 -肺部衰很 这是小问题吗? |
[35:34] | – We suctioned the air from the cavity. – Really? That sounds… | -我们从胸腔打入空气 -是吗?听起来 |
[35:37] | No biggie. Lung should re-expand within 48 to 72 hours. | 这不是大问题她的肺部应该在48到72小时间就能恢复 |
[35:41] | And a broken leg? | 她还跌断了腿? |
[35:42] | Compound fracture is one where the bone protrudes through the skin. | 复合性骨折就是骨头刺穿皮肤的意思 |
[35:47] | -This was a multiple so that meant..-Yeah.Got it. | -而且是多处骨折所以… -我知道了 |
[35:49] | – You all right? – I get a little queasy. | -你还好吗? -我有点反胃 |
[35:52] | Plus the you know jet lag. | 再加上时差 |
[35:55] | In any event the main fracture repairs went well. | 骨折的治疗进行得很好 |
[35:58] | We inserted a rod through the bone. | 我们插入固定棒在她的骨头里 |
[36:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:02] | You wanna sit? | 你想坐下吗? |
[36:06] | I’m… I’m fine.So she’s gonna be okay? | 我没事她会没事吧? |
[36:10] | At the moment I’m more worried about you. | 目前没事 我比较担心你 |
[36:13] | I’m good. I’m good. | 我很好、我很好 |
[36:16] | Well we’ll wanna perform some Doppler studies ensure no clots have formed. | 我们要进行多普勒检查 确定没有血块 |
[36:20] | Recovery from the pneumothorax may take several weeks. | 气胸可能要好几个礼拜才能恢复 |
[36:23] | The fractures months with physical therapy. | 骨折需要几个月的时间 她会需要做复健 |
[36:25] | Great. I mean not great but… | 很好嗯不是很好 |
[36:29] | Considering. | 至少她没事 |
[36:31] | You can see her. If you’d like. | 你可以进去看她 |
[36:39] | Sir. Kate Harper. | 总统先生Kate Harper来了 |
[36:46] | -Mr.President.-I wanna thank you for your efforts. | -总统先生 -我要感谢你的辛劳 |
[36:50] | Hell of an orientation. | 你的介绍真是了不起 |
[36:51] | No thanks necessary sir. | 不需要道谢总统 |
[36:53] | I understand you knew Admiral Fitzwallace. | 你认识Fitzwallace将军 |
[36:57] | Today notwithstanding… | 尽管发生今天这种情况 |
[36:58] | reliable intelligence does occasionally come my way. | 有时候我的确还是有值得信赖的情报来源 |
[37:01] | The admiral was one of my mentors after Annapolis. | 将军是我毕业后的良师 |
[37:06] | I had a mild tendency toward insubordination. | 我一向有点桀傲不逊 |
[37:10] | Which he helped you correct? | 然后他改掉你这个习惯? |
[37:13] | Which he enjoyed… | 他很喜欢我这一点 |
[37:15] | …when not directed at him. | 只要不是针对他 |
[37:17] | I have a similar taste. | 我也一样 |
[37:19] | – I’ll bear that in mind. – Sir. | -我会谨记在心 -总统先生 |
[37:22] | – Sorry? – I’ll bear that in mind sir. | -什么?-我会谨记在心总统先生 |
[37:24] | -Oh.No.I… -I’m just jerking your chain.Charlie. | -喔我… -我只是在开玩笑Charlie |
[37:28] | – Yes. – Secret Service at the car? | -是-密勤小组在车里? |
[37:30] | – Yes sir. – Thank you. | -是的 -谢谢 |
[37:32] | Walk with me. | 陪我过去 |
[37:37] | The Mideast reminds me of that joke about the optimist and the pessimist. | 中东情势让我想到一个关于乐观跟悲观主义者的笑话 |
[37:40] | The pessimist says “It can’t get any worse.” | 悲观主义者会说 情况不可能更糟了 |
[37:43] | The optimist says “Oh yes it can.” | 乐观主义者说 一切都是有可能的 |
[37:46] | It can get easy to forget there’s a silenced majority who just wanna live. | 我们很容易忽略世界上 有一群沉默的大众只想生存 |
[37:50] | You spend all your energy dealing with what’s drowning them out. | 结果我们把精力都花在 那些懂得吵闹的人身上 |
[37:54] | – The invective and bomb blasts. – Isn’t our moral responsibility to them? | -所有的谩骂跟爆炸案 -难道我们不该对他们负责吗? |
[37:58] | – It’s quicksand. An ego trip. – Sir? | -这跟自我意识有关 -总统先生? |
[38:02] | Chasing that Nobel Peace Prize right down the same sinkhole. | 努力追求诺贝尔和平奖 |
[38:06] | Well after 50 years of strife and futility there’s no dishonor in failure. | 在经过50年徒劳无功的争斗之后 失败并不算丢脸 |
[38:10] | The only dishonor might be not to try. | 丢脸的是连试都不愿意试 |
[38:16] | Come take a ride. | 一起上车吧 |
[39:33] | Gail. Gail. | |
[39:35] | Mr.President. | 总统先生 |
[39:37] | Please. Come in. | 请进 |
[39:48] | I wish I could express the depth of my sorrow for your loss. | 我不知道该如何表达哀悼之意 |
[39:52] | I’m so sorry Mrs.Fitzwallace. | 我非常遗憾 Fitzwallace女士 |
[39:55] | A sailor’s wife… | 水手的太太 |
[39:58] | doesn’t live with fear the way a soldier’s does. | 不像士兵的太太一样 必须每天担心受怕 |
[40:03] | An admiral’s wife that much less. | 将军的老婆更不需要这样 |
[40:07] | You don’t spend a career preparing for this. | 这让人很难接受 |
[40:12] | It seemed like a blessing until today. | 直到今天之前 我一直都觉得老天很眷顾我们 |
[40:15] | The people responsible will be found and brought to justice. | 我们会尽快找到主嫌 将他们绳之以法 |
[40:19] | Don’t promise that. | 不需要对我做这样的承诺 |
[40:23] | I know the world. | 我知道这个世界是什么样子 |
[40:39] | What else? | 还有什么事? |
[40:40] | The funerals. | 葬礼的方面 |
[40:43] | – I know. – The FBI’s gonna need time… | -我知道-调查局需要时间 |
[40:45] | -…with the remains. – Yeah. | -处理遗物 -我知道 |
[40:50] | – You should go home. – Me? | -你该回家了 -我? |
[41:01] | Yeah. | 是 |
[41:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:25] | Israeli gunships just fired missiles into an apartment house in Gaza City. | 以色列武装直升机刚刚在迦萨 发射飞弹轰炸一间民房 |
[41:29] | They were targeting a Hamas leader. | 他们针对的是哈犸斯的一个领袖 |
[41:32] | Twelve killed including four children. | 爆炸造成12个人死亡 当中包括4个小孩 |
[41:35] | No word on whether the Hamas leader is among the dead. | 哈犸斯的领袖是否在当中 目前还不确定 |