时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You’re going on a CODEL to the Middle East.No presidential handholding. | 你要参加中东国会代表团 总统不会去 |
[00:11] | You’re gonna see what’s going on. | 去看看当地情况如何 |
[00:17] | – Explosion in Gaza. – What about Donna? | -迦萨走廊发生爆炸案 -Donna怎么样? |
[00:19] | She was in the car that… | 她坐在 |
[00:22] | Andy saw people put in ambulances.That’s all she knows. | Andy看到有人被送上救护车 她只知道这些 |
[00:24] | Three dead so far sir.Congressmen DeSantos and Korb. | 目前知道有三个遇难者 总统先生 DeSantos跟Korb议员 |
[00:28] | And we just got word Admiral Fitzwallace. | 刚收到消息 第三名死者是Fitzwallace将军 |
[00:31] | I asked Fitz to go. The people responsible… | 是我命令Fitz去的 我们会尽快找到主嫌 |
[00:33] | will be found and brought to justice. -Don’t promise that. | -将他们绳之以法 -别做这样的承诺 |
[00:38] | I know the world. | 我知道这个世界是什么样子 |
[00:46] | Fitzwallace told me when he was a kid… | Fitzwallace告诉过我 他还小的时候 |
[00:48] | his dad took him sailing on the Long Island Sound. | 他爸带他去长岛海湾划船 |
[00:52] | Scared the hell out of him so he joined the Navy. | 把他给吓得半死 所以他决定加入海军 |
[01:02] | – Kate Harper. – The president. | -Kate Harper -总统先生 |
[01:04] | It’s Leo. | 是 Leo |
[01:07] | – Hello. – How’s Gail? | -喂 -Gail还好吗? |
[01:10] | Not great. | 不是很好 |
[01:12] | Sir there’s been an Israeli missile strike in Gaza City. | 总统先生 以色列在迦萨 进行飞弹攻击 |
[01:16] | I’m on my way. | 我马上过去 |
[01:24] | But before we go tothe president’s address.. | 但是在总统演说之前 |
[01:26] | Chairman Farad I need you to do all you can to prevent retribution. | Farad总理 我要你尽力防止 任何报复行动 |
[01:31] | No Mr.Chairman we had nothing to do with it. | 不 主席先生 那跟我们没有关系 |
[01:35] | No sir.Israel did not discuss the missile strike with us. | 不 以色列的攻击行动 跟我们无关 |
[01:39] | You don’t wanna make this difficult. We need access to the site in Gaza. | 不要让情况变得太复杂 我们需要进入迦萨的管道 |
[01:44] | And I will urge the Israelis to hold off on further attacks. | 我会要求以色列当局 不要再攻击 |
[01:48] | Most strongly sir. | 强烈地要求 |
[01:53] | And to you Mr.Chairman. | 你也保重 总理先生 |
[01:55] | – Get me the Israeli prime minister. – The ambassador’s on her way. | -帮我连络以色列总理 -大使已经在路上了 |
[01:59] | We’re their closest ally on the planet. You’d think they’d pick up the phone. | 我们是他们最亲密的盟友 以为这样他们就会接电话 |
[02:03] | Is that the statement? | 那是声明吗? |
[02:06] | – Anything from the FBI? – I was just about… | -调查局有消息吗?-我正要… |
[02:08] | – Go. – Thirty seconds please. | -去吧 -三十秒 |
[02:22] | Carol’s circulating the draft already. | Carol已经在发草稿了 |
[02:24] | “Tyranny of terror to deathmongers”? What is this Tolkien? | “恐怖暴政下的死亡使者”这是什么?Tolkien的作品吗? |
[02:28] | -The stronger your language now..-I’m not saying it. | -语气越强烈 -我不要这样说 |
[02:31] | -Ten seconds. -I’ll put a hold on the draft. | -十秒-我要考虑一下草稿内容 |
[02:33] | – Mr.President. – I’m fine. | -总统先生 -我没事 |
[02:35] | In five four three two… | 五、四、三、二 |
[02:40] | My fellow Americans good evening. | 亲爱的美国同胞 晚安 |
[02:43] | This morning we lost three distinguished Americans.. | 今天早上 我们因为中东的恐怖行动 |
[02:45] | in a despicable act of terror in the Mideast. | 痛失三位优秀的同伴 |
[02:48] | I come before you shocked and saddened by our loss. | 我对这件意外感到震惊与痛心 |
[02:52] | And angered as we all are by the tragedy thrust upon us. | 同时也跟大家一样 对于这桩悲剧十分愤怒 |
[02:55] | The search is under way for those responsible. | 我们目前正极力追查嫌犯的下落 |
[02:58] | I ask for your patience while we hunt for answers. | 请大家在我们找到答案前 耐心等待 |
[03:01] | And as we pray with those who grieve.. | 在为受难者祈祷哀悼的同时 |
[03:04] | let us resolve to search not only for justice.. | 让我们齐心不仅为追求正义 |
[03:07] | … but also for a just end… | 也为这一连串的疯狂暴力循环 |
[03:10] | to this senseless cycle of violence. | 划下句点 |
[03:13] | Thank you.Good night and God bless America. | 谢谢你们 晚安 愿上帝保佑美国 |
[03:17] | From the Oval Office Josiah Bartlet president of.. | 以上是从白宫橢圆型办公室的报导 |
[03:20] | He should be right out. | 他应该马上就会出来 |
[03:22] | Ambassador Galit. | Galit大使 |
[03:24] | I’m glad someone from your government could spare a moment. | 我很高兴贵政府能拨空 |
[03:31] | I’m asking for restraint. What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 我要求你们不要发动攻击 你们到底在搞什么? |
[03:34] | This has nothing to do with you. We’ve been tracking this man for months. | 这跟你没有关系 我们已经追这个人好几个月了 |
[03:38] | You couldn’t take three minutes to think through the ramifications? | 难道你们不能想想 是否有别的解决之道吗? |
[03:41] | Ramifications? A terrorist responsible for dozens of Israeli deaths is dead. | 别的解决之道?杀害以色列人的恐怖份子只有死路一条 |
[03:46] | As are 11 innocent civilians. | 11个无辜百姓也丧了命 |
[03:48] | This is inflammatory.It endangers our investigation. | 这样的手法太激烈了 而且危及我们的调查 |
[03:51] | -Israeli intelligence is doing all they can. -Damn it Shira. | -以色列的情报机关正在努力调查 -该死 Shira |
[03:54] | If I’m gonna find the people behind this I need access to the bomb site. | 如果我想找到主谋着 我需要进入爆炸地点的管道 |
[03:58] | Access to evidence and the cooperation of the Palestinian Authority. | 要知道你们找到什么证据 还要巴勒斯坦当局的合作 |
[04:02] | Three things I cannot get if you keep firing missiles into Gaza! | 如果你们继续攻击迦萨 我们要怎么得到这些协助! |
[04:05] | Mr.President we received information on the whereabouts of a man… | 总统先生 我们得知 |
[04:09] | responsible for the repeated killing of our citizens. | 不断杀害以色列人的凶手去向 |
[04:12] | We had a specific location and little time. | 知道他的藏身之处 可是没有足够的时间 |
[04:16] | Would you have done differently? | 换做是你 你会做不同的决定吗? |
[04:21] | If you’ll excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[04:28] | The FBI’s received an anonymous tip through Israeli intelligence. | 调查局收到以色列 情报单位的匿名情报 |
[04:32] | They found bomb-making equipment in an apartment in Gaza. | 他们在迦萨的一间公寓里面 发现制造炸弹的工具 |
[04:35] | They think it’s linked to the bombing of our CODEL? | 他们觉得那跟爆炸案有关吗? |
[04:38] | They believe they’ve located one of the men responsible for the murders. | 他们认为已经找到 其中一个罪犯的藏身处 |
[05:34] | The president offered condolences to the families of those murdered in Gaza. | 总统对于在迦萨爆炸案中的 罹难者家属表达哀悼之意 |
[05:38] | It was a strong speech but I’m surprised the president.. | 演说内容很有力 但是我很讶异 |
[05:41] | … didn’t raise the possibility of greater military… | 总统没有提到军事行动的可能性 |
[05:45] | I’m all for white roses and black veils but: | 我是很赞同那些哀悼的说辞 可是最后 |
[05:47] | “An end to this cycle of violence”? What’s the president suggesting? | 把一连串的暴力划上句点?总统的意思是什么? |
[05:51] | – Palestinian population. | 巴勒斯坦的人口 |
[05:53] | But whatever he says he’s got three or four possible targets he’s considering. | 不管他说了什么 他现在有三或四个目标 |
[05:57] | – including the body of Admiral Percy Fitzwallace… | 包括Percy Fitzwallace将军的遗体 |
[06:01] | who will be buried Wednesday at Arlington. | 礼拜三将被安葬在阿灵顿国家公墓 |
[06:04] | Were President Bartlet’s departures from the draft text planned? | Bartlet总统演讲脱稿 是事先计划好的吗? |
[06:07] | Part of the standard process for a speech of this importance. | 发表这种重要演说 这种情况是正常的 |
[06:10] | The cuts aren’t reflective of his attitude on military response in Gaza? | 删减内容是否反应他自己 对于迦萨的军事报复行动的态度? |
[06:14] | They reflect that Toby Ziegler’s never written a five-minute speech in his life. | 这反映了Toby Ziegler以前没写过五分钟的演讲稿 |
[06:18] | They’re talking about a congressional resolution in support of military action. | 听说国会将支持军事行动 |
[06:22] | The president is meeting with the leadership. They’ll have a discussion. | 总统会跟领导人碰面 到时他们会讨论这件事 |
[06:26] | I’ve got a report the FBI’s working with Palestinian Authority security forces… | 有报导指出调查局跟巴勒斯坦当局的国安军队合作 |
[06:30] | …at the site of the bombing. | 在爆炸现场进行搜查 |
[06:31] | The investigation’s in Gaza. The Palestinians speak the language. | 调查在迦萨进行 巴勒斯坦人可做翻译工作 |
[06:36] | I have an announcement. | 我有事情要宣布 |
[06:39] | James Holtman a legal aide to Congressman DeSantos.. | James Holtman DeSantos议员的法律助理 |
[06:42] | died today of head and neck injuries sustained in yesterday’s bombing. | 因为昨天爆炸伤及头颈 稍早时伤重不治 |
[06:46] | He was 26 years old. | 他享年26岁 |
[06:48] | His name is Khalil Nasan. | 他叫做Khalil Nasan |
[06:50] | He’s a founder of a splinter group of the Khanjari Martyrs. | 他是坎哈里殉道组织的创办人之一 |
[06:53] | He recently fled Gaza City… | 最近他飞到迦萨 |
[06:54] | and the equipment in his apartment bore traces of RDX. | 在他的公寓设备上 发现RDX炸药的残留物 |
[06:57] | Same stuff used on our Suburban. | 跟雪佛兰车里的炸药一样 |
[07:00] | – Where is he now? – The FBI’s tracked Nasan… | -他现在在哪里? -调查局在迦萨南部 |
[07:02] | …to his headquarters in southern Gaza. | 他的总部找到他 |
[07:05] | Sir there are several military options. | 总统先生 我们现在有几个 军事行动选择 |
[07:07] | Any not mentioned on television this morning? | 有今天早上在电视上没提到的吗? |
[07:09] | We’re focusing on two.A commando raid on Khan Younis | 我们现在把重心放在其中两项 一项是突袭甘优尼斯 |
[07:12] | gives us a chance to bring Nasan in alive but his organization is armed. | 可以活逮Nasan 但是他的组织有武器 |
[07:16] | There’s a substantial risk to our soldiers and the mission could fail. | 我方士兵可能遭到攻击 任务有可能失败 |
[07:20] | A missile strike from the U.S.S.Carney carries a higher likelihood of success… | 从卡尼号军舰上发动飞弹攻击 成功率较高 |
[07:24] | and zero risk to U.S.military personnel. | 而且我方不会有死伤的危险 |
[07:26] | And the risk to civilians? | 当地居民的安危呢? |
[07:28] | We launch the Tomahawks in the next four hours… | 我们可以在四小时后 发射战斧飞弹 |
[07:31] | -we can minimize collateral damage. – In the next four hours. | -这样可以把伤害减到最低 -四小时后 |
[07:34] | In the middle of the day children are still in school | 白天的时候 学生还在学校上课 |
[07:37] | Where exactly is this headquarters? | 他的总部在哪里? |
[07:39] | It’s located in an apartment complex sir. | 在一栋公寓里面 总统先生 |
[07:42] | – How many people? – We’re still evaluating. | -那栋公寓有多少居民? -我们还在统计 |
[07:44] | – Ballpark it. – In a daytime strike… | -预估一下 -如果在白天进行攻击 |
[07:46] | we’ll see 15 to 50 casualties depending on the building collapse… | 大概会有15到50人伤亡 |
[07:50] | and whether fire spreads to adjacent buildings. | 实际数目会因建筑物崩塌 与爆炸是否波及附近建筑而不同 |
[07:52] | – Fifteen to 50. – If we strike in the next four hours… | -15到50-如果四个小时后攻击 |
[07:55] | What are my other options? | 还有其他的选择吗? |
[07:57] | – Sir I’m sorry… – I’m not risking 50 Palestinian lives… | -总统先生 抱歉 -我不想造成50个巴勒斯坦人死亡 |
[08:01] | and the stability of our relationships over there. | 破坏我们跟那边的稳定关系 |
[08:04] | So I’m asking you again what are my other options? | 所以我再问一次 我还有什么选择吗? |
[08:08] | Sir? | 总统先生? |
[08:10] | What are my other options? | 我还有什么选择吗? |
[08:12] | Leo? Leo? | |
[08:14] | You don’t have any options governor. | 没有其他选择了 |
[08:18] | The president’s decided to follow Fitzwallace’s recommendation. | 总统决定采纳Fitzwallace的建议 |
[08:22] | This is just a courtesy briefing. | 这只是礼貌性的告知 |
[08:24] | So with less than three months left in office… | 只剩三个月任期 |
[08:27] | the president and Fitzwallace are gonna saddle me | 总统跟Fitzwallace不跟我商量 |
[08:30] | …with a war in the Philippines. | 就决定出兵菲律宾 |
[08:34] | I’ve been president-elect for 72 hours. | 我刚当选72小时 |
[08:37] | The brass is already laughing at me. | 那些官员已经开始取笑我了 |
[08:40] | It’s a limited peacekeeping mission sir. | 这是维护和平的任务 |
[08:43] | Military training assisting the Filipinos with logistics intelligence. | 提供菲律宾军队训练 |
[08:47] | No more than 1000 troops. | 以及后勤情报的协助 |
[08:49] | Sounds like a lot but since I haven’t the vaguest idea what I’m talking about | 我们派不到一千个部队 听起来很多 不过既然我对军事一点都不懂 |
[08:54] | Wilson didn’t know a battalion from a battery when he took office. | Wilson在上任的时候 连一般军队跟炮兵连都分不清楚 |
[08:57] | And he did a heck of a job with the Treaty of Versailles. | 他后来却努力促成凡尔赛条约 |
[09:01] | Admiral Fitzwallace thought you might find it reassuring. | Fitzwallace将军认为 这样应该会让你放心一点 |
[09:06] | He did did he? | 是啊 |
[09:08] | Alan thanks for coming up. | Alan 谢谢你过来 |
[09:11] | We’ll start the full security briefings next week. | 我们下礼拜会开始 完整的国安简报 |
[09:14] | Sir congratulations again… | 总统先生 再次恭喜你 |
[09:18] | -and good luck with the conference. -Thank you. | -也祝你晚上的记者会成功 -谢谢 |
[09:29] | Admiral Fitzwallace.Remind me to fire that guy. | 那个Fitzwallace将军 提醒我把他开除 |
[09:33] | We could ask the Israelis to go after the suspect. | 我们可以叫以色列去追查凶手 |
[09:36] | – We don’t want them fighting for us. – We don’t want them fighting at all. | -他们不需要为我们而战 -他们不该发动任何攻击 |
[09:39] | -There’s the Palestinian Authority.-Chairman Farad? | -巴勒斯坦当局-Farad总理吗? |
[09:42] | – He’s offered assistance. – You’re kidding. | -他表示要提供协助 -怎么可能 |
[09:45] | He’s asked for the opportunity to arrest suspects identified by the FBI. | 他希望能逮捕被调查局发现的嫌犯 |
[09:48] | Sir we share our intel with him he’s as likely as not to tip off the suspect. | 总统先生 我们的情报单位跟他们合作 他可能不会透漏嫌犯消息 |
[09:52] | The chairman has no love for Nasan’s organization and we can give incentives. | 他对Nasan的组织很反感 我们可间接鼓励 |
[09:57] | – Guns and bombs to fight Israelis? – International legitimacy. | -去炮轰以色列吗? -给予这件事国际合法性 |
[10:00] | Agreement to recognize him as the representative of the Palestinians. | 同意承认他是巴勒斯坦的代表 |
[10:05] | You wanna get back on the merry-go-round with this guy? | 你想继续跟他周旋吗? |
[10:11] | Let’s see what he has to say. | 看看他有什么回应 |
[10:15] | – Leo. – Yeah. – Leo. – Yeah. | |
[10:19] | -You know the Israelis have tried this.-Yeah? | -以色列已经试过了 -是吗? |
[10:21] | Two years ago.They identified the men behind the discotheque bombing… | 两年前 他们找到舞厅爆炸案的主谋 |
[10:25] | …gave the intel to the Palestinians. | 然后把情报提供给巴勒斯坦 |
[10:27] | The chairman made them write: | 总理命令他们写下 |
[10:30] | “I will not kill innocent children “and sent them home. | “我不会杀害无辜的孩子”然后就把他们放走了 |
[10:32] | He won’t treat us like Israelis. We have power to bring him to the table. | 他不会那样对我们 我们有权利叫他跟我们对话 |
[10:36] | Sir. | 总统先生 |
[10:38] | The country wants action. Bringing Farad back to the table… | 我们需要做出行动 跟Farad谈判 |
[10:41] | I’m not saying it’s Camembert and wine Leo. I’m saying it’s what we got. | Leo.我说的是我们有什么选择 |
[10:46] | Find a way to get Nasan without taking out a city block… | 如果找得到可以逮捕Nasan 又不会伤害无辜的方法 |
[10:49] | I’ll launch the damn missile myself. | 我就自己发射飞弹 |
[10:57] | Hi there. | 嗨 |
[10:59] | – You just wake up? – My mouth is dry. | -你醒来啦 -我的嘴巴好干 |
[11:03] | Let me get you some water. | 我去帮你拿点水 |
[11:14] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[11:16] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了? |
[11:19] | To me? | 我? |
[11:20] | You need to shave. | 你需要刮胡子 |
[11:24] | -I haven’t really had time. -Where am I? | -我没时间 -我在哪里? |
[11:27] | You’re in Germany. | 你在德国 |
[11:31] | It doesn’t look like Germany. | 看起来不像在德国 |
[11:33] | – You’re actually in a military… – Here you go honey. | -你其实是在军方 -来吧 |
[11:38] | – She’s not German. – This is true. | -她不是德国人 -没错 |
[11:42] | Just squeeze that clicker if it hurts. It’s a morphine drip. | 如果痛的话就压一下 那是吗啡 |
[11:45] | It’s gonna take some time to orient yourself. | 要熟悉可能得花点时间 |
[11:48] | He needs to shave. | 他需要刮胡子 |
[11:50] | Wouldn’t hurt.I’m just gonna draw a little blood. | 不会痛的 我只是要抽点血 |
[12:00] | If you need to step outside… | 你如果想出去的话 |
[12:02] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[12:11] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[12:18] | Did you find his notes on the speaker’s…? | 有找到他的笔记吗? |
[12:20] | I’ll check Donna’s files. | 我会查查唐娜的资料夹 |
[12:27] | – Hey. – Hey. – Hey. – Hey. | |
[12:29] | – How’s she doing? – About the same. | -她还好吗?-没什么改变 |
[12:31] | But she’s awake at least. Kind of. What’s going on there? | 不过至少她已经醒了 那里的情况如何? |
[12:35] | Well other than the legion of congressmen demanding retribution… | 除了一堆议员要求我们展开报复 |
[12:39] | -it’s been pretty quiet.-The end of his address | -其他没什么大事-他的演说的结尾 |
[12:42] | -It was an improv. -The Europeans loved it. | -是即兴发挥 -欧洲人很爱这一套 |
[12:45] | So did The Times.Of course in about 15 minutes | 纽约时报也一样 再过15分钟 |
[12:48] | every other editorial page will be calling for Hamlet to get off the dime. | 社论版就会叫哈姆雷特做出改变 |
[12:52] | So what are we doing? | 现在情况如何? |
[12:54] | -I’ll put the Joint Chiefs on the line.-Toby. | -我叫参谋长来听-Toby |
[12:57] | You really want state secrets on a collect call? | 你真的想用对方付费电话 讨论国家机密吗? |
[12:59] | – We could use code names. – Yeah. | -我们可以用密码 -好吧 |
[13:02] | We gotta make a call on Camden Yards. | 我们得在 巴尔的摩市坎登球场通话 |
[13:05] | It’s Memorial Day.He’s scheduled to toss out the first pitch at Camden Yards. | 今天是国殇日 他要去开球 |
[13:09] | Cancel it. No. | 把它取消 不 |
[13:11] | We can’t cancel.It sends the wrong message. | 我们不能取消 这样会造成误解 |
[13:13] | Ask for a moment of silence.And Toby… | 让大家默哀 还有 Toby |
[13:16] | …he’s gotta… You need to take him out with gloves and a ball. | 记得要他带着手套跟球出场 |
[13:20] | It’s a 6-foot toss from the stands. It’s Little League. | 投球的距离是6英尺 是小联盟 |
[13:23] | FDR threw from the stands beaned one of his photographers in ’37. | 罗斯福总统投球的时候 击中他摄影师的头 |
[13:27] | Extended the Depression another four years. | 结果害得经济大衰退时期 又持续了四年 |
[13:30] | I can’t stress enough the importance of an immediate and forceful response. | 立即强烈的回应是很重要的 |
[13:34] | -And Mr.Speaker we fully intend to…-Really? | -还有 议长 我们要… -是吗? |
[13:37] | The president’s speech was… | 总统的演说 |
[13:39] | We’re making every effort to identify those responsible. | 我们尽全力找出攻击者 |
[13:41] | We can’t get caught up in politics. Whether it’s the religious right… | 我们不能被政治因素影响 不管是宗教权 |
[13:45] | or the folks funded by the AIPAC lobby. | 或是为以色列事务游说的人 |
[13:47] | Israel is a black-and-white issue. | 以色列的问题很清楚 |
[13:49] | There was little sympathy for the Palestinians before this incident. | 没错 意外发生之前 巴勒斯坦是不被同情的 |
[13:53] | But a resolution on swift military action sounds like a winner. | 但现在采取军事行动 听起来像是正确的 |
[13:56] | These lunatics are willing to sacrifice themselves their children. | 这些疯子愿意牺牲自己 牺牲他们的孩子 |
[14:00] | The only way to ensure the safety of this country is to respond in kind. | 唯一能确保国家安全的方法 就是做出善意回应 |
[14:05] | -“In kind.” -I think the speaker’s trying to say… | -善意回应 -我想议长的意思 |
[14:07] | – I got it Bob. – Do you? | -我了解 Bob -是吗? |
[14:09] | We lost two U.S. congressmen. I got 200 members of my conference… | 我们失去了两位众议员 有两百位众议员 |
[14:13] | …screaming for Farad’s head. There’s an obvious course of action here. | 愤怒的要求要杀了Farad 我想该怎么做应该很清楚 |
[14:17] | And on that we stand firmly behind the president. | 我们完全支持总统 |
[14:21] | And Bob’s right. | Bob说的对 |
[14:23] | Politics aside Leo… | Leo 把政治因素放一边 |
[14:26] | …he’s gotta do this. | 他必须这么做 |
[14:34] | I will do all in my power to help you bring this man to justice. | 我会尽全力助你将犯人绳之以法 |
[14:38] | – Thank you Mr.Chairman. – We will do our very best Mr.President. | -谢谢 总理先生-我们一定会尽力 总统先生 |
[14:42] | We need more than your best sir. | 我们要的不只是尽力而已 |
[14:46] | We’re disconnected sir. | 通话中断了 |
[14:49] | If you wanna apprehend Nasan without escalating the conflict… | 如果想在不提高冲突的情况下 抓到Nasan的话 |
[14:55] | Of course the chairman has consistently chosen violence over peace. | 当然 他一直以来都选择暴力 |
[14:59] | He’s walked from offers that would’ve given his people a Palestinian state. | 曾经拒绝能让巴勒斯坦建国的机会 |
[15:04] | The Israelis aren’t likely to ever sit down to the negotiation table with him again. | 以色列不太可能再次跟他谈判 |
[15:09] | He’s not the answer to the greater problem. | 他无法解决大问题 |
[15:12] | -He may be the answer to this one. -I wouldn’t bet on it. | -不过他或许可以解决这次的问题 -我怀疑 |
[15:16] | Things went well with the leadership? | 状况还好吗? |
[15:20] | – What? – A bus in Jerusalem. Suicide bombing. | -怎么了? -耶路撒冷有辆巴士发生自杀爆炸 |
[15:24] | Ten to 20 dead. Over 100 wounded. | 大概有10到20人死亡 一百多人受伤 |
[15:28] | -Getting creamed there.-Yeah. | -被打得很惨 -是 |
[15:30] | CNN’s running a piece on the edits to the president’s address. | CNN播出总统演说 |
[15:33] | They’re not praising his sensible moderation? | 他们对他的理性温和的回应 没有表达赞同之意吗? |
[15:35] | Not so much.What’s happening on the Hill? | 没有 国会情况怎么样? |
[15:37] | They’re putting the military action resolution to a vote. | 他们要投票表决军事行动 |
[15:40] | -It’s gonna pass? -I’m hoping it’s not unanimous. | -会通过吗? -希望不会全数通过 |
[15:43] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[15:44] | The country is waiting for the president to bomb Gaza. | 大家都希望总统能宣布轰炸迦萨 |
[15:47] | I think that’s a good sign he hasn’t done it yet. | 他还没那样做是对的 |
[15:51] | – Hey Toby. – Hey. – Hey Toby. – Hey. | |
[15:53] | – What’s that? – It’s for the game. | -那是什么?-为球赛准备的 |
[15:55] | Secret Service says he’s gotta wear a vest. | 密勤局他要穿背心 |
[15:58] | -Have you seen him throw a baseball? -Yeah. | -有看过他投球吗? -有 |
[16:00] | I’m not sure he could throw it 60 feet without the vest. | 我不确定没穿背心 他能投60英尺远 |
[16:04] | -We have to..-We pull out a couple of gloves… | -我们得… -先准备好手套 |
[16:07] | and throw him in the vest between his call with the chairman… | 然后在他跟主席通话 跟埃及大使会面的空档 |
[16:10] | -and the Egyptian ambassador meeting. – Yeah. | -让他穿上背心 -好 |
[16:13] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[16:14] | Number two bus is a bus that runs from the western wall… | 二号巴士是从西墙行驶到 |
[16:17] | to an ultraorthodox neighborhood in West Jerusalem. | 西耶路撒冷的极端正统派地区 |
[16:20] | -Both its passenger sections were full. – What are you watching? | -两辆公车都载满乘客 -在看什么? |
[16:25] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[16:28] | How do you feel? | 感觉还好吗? |
[16:32] | They left a lunch tray earlier. | 他们之前发了午餐 |
[16:34] | – I’m not hungry. – German chocolate cake. | -我不饿 -这是德国的巧克力蛋糕 |
[16:37] | – Really I’m kind of nauseous. – Okay. | -是喔 可是我觉得想吐 -喔 |
[16:42] | Your mom’s on the way to New York. She’s gonna take the redeye. | 你妈现在正赶往纽约 她会搭半夜的飞机 |
[16:45] | -How long are you staying? -I don’t know. | -你要待多久? -我不知道 |
[16:47] | I figure I hang around long enough a nurse is bound to give me a sponge bath. | 我想如果我待的够久 护士应该会帮我擦澡 |
[16:52] | – Leo doesn’t need you to… – I’m here as long as I need to be here. | -Leo不需要你吗?-我该留多久就留多久 |
[17:00] | Jell-O? | 果冻? |
[17:05] | -I don’t wanna talk to anybody. -Okay. | -我不想跟任何人说话 -好 |
[17:10] | – Hey C.J. – How is she? | -嘿 C.J. -她还好吗? |
[17:12] | She’s fine. I mean… | 她没事 |
[17:14] | she was singing tunes from My Fair Lady but it was just the morphine. | 她刚刚在唱窈窕淑女的歌 不过应该是因为打了吗啡的关系 |
[17:18] | – Can I talk to her? – We’re actually at intermission right now. | -我能跟她说话吗? -现在是她的休息时间 |
[17:21] | But she really is all right? | 她真的没事吗? |
[17:23] | She’s doing this whole Julie Andrews thing. | 她开始唱Julie Andrews的歌了 |
[17:25] | Have you seen the news? | 你有看新闻吗? |
[17:28] | Donna Moss? Donna Moss? | |
[17:32] | You think we need to…? | 你想我们需要 |
[17:33] | Come out fighting.Leak a force depletion report and blueprints for the invasion. | 进行攻击 泄漏一点入侵的计划 |
[17:38] | Invasion? | 入侵? |
[17:41] | Okay that may be a little bit… | 好吧 这或许有点 |
[17:44] | Josh? Josh? | |
[17:48] | Josh? Josh? | |
[17:49] | Mr.Chairman when we agreed to work with you on our investigation… | 主席先生 我们同意一起合作调查 |
[17:53] | – Yes I appreciate your trust. – What’s going on there? | -是的 谢谢你们的信任 -那边的情况如何? |
[17:56] | We assumed your people… | 我们认为你的人民 |
[17:58] | We trusted you wouldn’t do anything to make that investigation more difficult. | 相信你们不会做出 让调查难以进行的事 |
[18:03] | Our security team has been cooperating. | 我们的安全小组一直很合作 |
[18:05] | The Jerusalem bombing Mr.Chairman. | 耶路撒冷爆炸案 主席先生 |
[18:07] | Five children slaughtered in the last Israeli missile strike. | 造成五个小孩死亡 在以色列的导弹打击下 |
[18:10] | How am I to stop my people from reacting? | 我如何阻止我的人民反弹? |
[18:13] | Mr.Chairman I agreed to work with you despite the way my people are reacting. | 主席先生 我不顾人民的反弹声浪 同意跟你合作 |
[18:17] | You must control your people. | 你得控制你的人民 |
[18:22] | – What’s going on? Is he still on the line? – The connection’s been lost. | -怎么了?他还在线上吗? -通话断线了 |
[18:26] | -Can we get him back on the phone? – Sir. | -可以再通上线吗? -总统先生 |
[18:28] | Does he not understand I’m trying to help him here? | 难道他不了解 我是在帮他吗? |
[18:30] | – Can you get him back on the phone? – You may have some difficulty with that. | -可以再通上线吗?-可能有困难 |
[18:34] | The Israeli army has deployed 150 armored vehicles | 以色列军队已经部署150辆战车 |
[18:37] | and two armed squadrons to the eastern sections of Ramallah. | 以及两个装甲营 前往拉马拉东部 |
[18:41] | They’ve surrounded the chairman’s compound. | 他们已经包围主席的住宅 |
[18:44] | I can’t get these guys to keep their hands off each other. | 我没办法阻止他们彼此的争战 |
[18:47] | The Israeli special forces have created a perimeter around the compound. | 以色列特勤小组已经在住宅周围 做出周边阵地 |
[18:51] | -They cut off electricity phones. -We noticed. | -切断电源及电话线-我们注意到了 |
[18:53] | The Israelis probably figure now’s a good time to neutralize the chairman. | 以色列大概认为现在是孤立他的好时机 |
[18:58] | – Neutralize? – Cut him off. | -孤立? -中断他一切支援 |
[18:59] | Prevent him from possibly orchestrating further bombings. | 让他无法再发动炸弹攻击 |
[19:03] | Or they’ve decided to forcibly remove Farad from the territories. | 不然就是要强迫Farad离开 |
[19:07] | That would make it difficult to work with him. | 这样的话很难跟他合作 |
[19:09] | Actually the Palestinian security forces in Gaza | 事实上 巴勒斯坦在迦萨的防卫军 |
[19:12] | …are refusing to proceed into Khan Younis. | 拒绝进入Khan Younis |
[19:15] | – They’re not gonna arrest Nasan. – They can’t reach the chairman. | -他们不会逮捕Nasan -因为他们无法联系到主席 |
[19:18] | And without his approval they won’t go in. | 所以没有他的批准 他们不会行动的 |
[19:24] | Mr.Secretary where are we? | 国务卿 现在进行到哪里? |
[19:26] | We’ve been working on a third military option sir. | 我们正在计划第三种军事选择 |
[19:29] | Two F/A-18s dropping air-to-surface guided missiles. | 两架大黄蜂战机 从空中发射空对地飞弹 |
[19:32] | These are a third the size of the Tomahawks. | 大小是战斧的三分之一 |
[19:35] | The damage would be substantially less. | 杀伤力小很多 |
[19:37] | How many? | 会造成多少死伤? |
[19:39] | Thirty casualties maximum. | 最多30人 |
[19:40] | That’s substantially less than 50? | 这样叫做小很多吗? |
[19:42] | Night has fallen in Gaza. You’re looking at an evening raid. | 迦萨已经入夜了 这是夜晚的突袭 |
[19:47] | -If we wait till tomorrow morning? -Fifteen to 20. | -如果等到明天早上呢? -大概15到20人 |
[19:57] | Governor. | 州长 |
[19:59] | A thousand American kids. | 一千名美国子弟兵 |
[20:02] | Excuse me? | 什么意思? |
[20:04] | The soldiers heading off to the Philippines. | 士兵出发前往菲律宾了 |
[20:06] | He’s sending them into a war zone. | 他把他们送入战区 |
[20:09] | – It’s a peacekeeping mission. – Yeah. | -这是个和平调停的任务 -对 |
[20:11] | Training and logistics.And handing out chewing gum. | 训练跟提供后勤支援 然后发给当地人口香糖 |
[20:15] | You’re entitled to comment if you feel that strongly about it. | 如果你有强烈不满 尽管提出来 |
[20:22] | Some of them aren’t coming back. | 这当中有些人是回不来的 |
[20:27] | You get the best information. You consider all your options. | 你得到最好的资讯 思考所有的选择 |
[20:31] | You look at the potential good. | 衡量当中的得失 |
[20:35] | And you do what you think is right. | 然后做你觉得正确的事情 |
[20:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:44] | U.S. action at this time could be seen as an implicit sanction of the Israeli assault. | 美国的行动可能被视为变相鼓励 以色列的攻击行动 |
[20:49] | Sir Nasan’s not likely to stay put. | 总统先生 Nasan不可能停留在那里 |
[20:53] | If we don’t act now we will lose him. | 如果我们现在不行动 就会让他跑了 |
[20:55] | And if the U.S.engages in the same type of missile strikes the Israelis resort to… | 如果美国发动跟以色列相同的攻击 |
[21:00] | we may need to evacuate our embassies. | 我们可能需要从各个大使馆撤离 |
[21:02] | We could destabilize moderate regimes in Jordan and Egypt… | 这样会造成约旦跟埃及局势的不稳 |
[21:05] | Nasan’s contributed to the murder of three senior government officials. | Nasan杀害了三位美国官员 |
[21:09] | We’ve reduced the collateral damage numbers substantially. | 我们已经将死伤数目减到最低 |
[21:13] | It’s like taking out a Super Bowl spot for every anti-American terrorist network. | 这就像是帮反美的恐怖组织 在超级杯打广告一样 |
[21:17] | Failure to act especially in the Middle East. | 如果我们在中东不有所作为的话 |
[21:20] | – It’s appeasement. – Leo this is not 1938. | -这是为了平息众怒 -Leo 现在不是1938年 |
[21:23] | We aren’t fighting Fascists with armies and tanks. | 我们不再用弹跑攻击法西斯主义了 |
[21:26] | It’s terror cells. An individual can take out a small city… | 现在是恐怖组织的年代 只要一个懂化学的人 |
[21:29] | …with a briefcase of plutonium. | 就能炸毁一个小城市 |
[21:32] | – The F/A-18s they’re in position? – Yes sir. | -战机已经准备好了? -是的 |
[21:35] | I want a full collateral damage assessment report | 一个小时后给我一份 |
[21:38] | for a daylight assault on my desk within the hour. | 完整的日间伤亡评估报告 |
[21:42] | Thank you sir. | 谢谢 总统先生 |
[22:03] | -What do you think you’re doing? – Excuse me? | -你以为你在干嘛? -什么? |
[22:06] | We don’t push agendas here. | 我们不强迫推销 |
[22:09] | I don’t believe I am. | 我没有吧 |
[22:13] | He has a process. He likes to reflect consider his options. | 他需要思考所有的选择 |
[22:18] | But at the end of the day when it’s time to make a call he’s gotta stay focused. | 但是最后当要做出决定的时候 他必须要专注 |
[22:23] | – I’m trying to give relevant info. – This isn’t the U.N. | -我只是提供相关资讯 -这里不是联合国 |
[22:26] | He’s not the secretary-general. | 他不是联合国秘书长 |
[22:27] | He’s president of the United States… | 他是美国总统 |
[22:29] | and our job is to make sure his priorities are clear. | 他的工作是决定什么该摆在第一顺位 |
[22:34] | Today’s priority is not world peace. | 而今天的第一顺位不是世界和平 |
[23:05] | Haffley wants to schedule another meeting. | Haffley要再召开一次会议 |
[23:07] | Doesn’t think we got it the first time? | 第一次没成功吗? |
[23:10] | I’ve got the damage assessment report for the F/A-18 strike. | 战机攻击的伤亡评估报告好了 |
[23:14] | Yeah. | 好 |
[23:16] | There’s a summary on the last page. | 摘要在最后一页 |
[23:18] | I’ve been on the phone for the past three hours. | 我讲了三个小时的电话 |
[23:21] | I’ve barely moved the needle. | 没有什么结论 |
[23:23] | I got the Israelis to agree to hold off the raid. | 我让以色列同意暂停攻击 |
[23:26] | But they say the chairman is harboring terrorists and refuse to pull back. | 不过他们说主席藏匿恐怖份子 所以拒绝撤退 |
[23:30] | The Egyptians did me a nice Cassandra routine over tea and papyrus. | 埃及人用茶跟纸莎草帮我算命 |
[23:34] | The Syrians were a ball of laughs and the Saudis had this neat idea… | 叙利亚人笑成一团 阿拉伯人觉得 |
[23:38] | about forking over terror suspects to the International Criminal Court. | 应该把恐怖份子交给国际刑事法庭 |
[23:42] | But I don’t know how I’m supposed to sell that one. | 不过我不知道该怎么推广这种想法 |
[23:45] | Sir. | 总统先生 |
[23:47] | The F/A-18 strike is a reasonable response. | 大黄蜂战机攻击是个合理的行动 |
[23:50] | Maybe in Yemen Leo but this is Gaza. The peace process. | 在也门可能是吧 Leo 但这是迦萨 我们要的是和平进程 |
[23:53] | The stability of the region.We need to think long-term. | 稳定当地的局势是我们该长期思考的 |
[23:56] | The peace process? | 和平进程? |
[23:58] | The Israelis handed the chairman the deal of the century in Taba five years ago. | 以色列五年前在Taba跟主席达成一个协定 |
[24:02] | He started smuggling Katyusha rockets into Gaza on fishing boats. | 然后他开始利用渔船 走私火箭跑到迦萨 |
[24:07] | There is no long term. | 根本没什么长期的问题 |
[24:10] | The Israelis are right. There’s only one way to bring stability to this region. | 以色列是对的 我们只有一个稳定局势的方法 |
[24:14] | We should be there with them digging ditches and putting up barbed wire. | 就是我们应该跟他们一起挖沟渠 装置有刺铁丝网 |
[24:18] | – The fence? – It’s a realistic solution. | -围篱? -这是实际的解决方法 |
[24:20] | – It’s a landgrab. – There’s no alternative! | -那样不行 -没有别的方法了! |
[24:26] | – There’s no partner for peace. – You’re gonna find a Palestinian leader… | -没有人要和平 -你要在以色列炸掉半个约旦河谷后 |
[24:30] | after the Israelis have swiped half the Jordan valley? | 找一个巴勒斯坦的领袖吗? |
[24:32] | After the United States has taken out 15 to 20 innocents in Gaza? | 在美国在迦萨造成死伤之后吗? |
[24:36] | We’re not a neutral arbitrator. We’ve got skin in the game. | 我们不是中立的仲裁者 我们也是有立场的 |
[24:42] | When the sun comes up in Gaza you’re gonna have to launch those planes. | 当太阳升起时 你得发动攻击 |
[24:46] | that we condemn this aggression… | 我们谴责这项侵略行动 |
[24:49] | and call upon the world to stop Israel | 同时呼吁全世界一起阻止以色列 |
[24:52] | from putting our beloved Chairman Farad in jeopardy. | 让Farad主席身陷险境 |
[24:55] | Bullets will bring bullets. | 冤冤相报何时了 |
[24:57] | – Violence will bring violence. – Yeah. They do get it you know. | -暴力不能解决问题 -好 他们已经知道这个道理了 |
[25:01] | Despite the rhetoric… | 虽然话是这样说 |
[25:03] | Palestinians realize that if they’ve got any chance of peace… | 巴勒斯坦人民了解 如果他们有获得和平的机会 |
[25:06] | …it’s with you guys as brokers. | 将会是因为你们的调解 |
[25:11] | It’d be a shame to see that blown. | 不能成功的话会很糟糕 |
[25:13] | So you two spend a lot of time together over there? | 你们两个在那边的时候 常常在一起? |
[25:18] | Some. | 还好 |
[25:25] | Pretty long flight from Gaza to Germany. | 迦萨到德国是段长时间的飞行 |
[25:30] | Not really. | 还好 |
[25:31] | It’s nothing compared to the flight from D.C. | 和从华盛顿飞过来比 根本不算远 |
[25:35] | Look she didn’t mention anything. | 她有没有说什么 |
[25:41] | -If this is gonna be an issue then..-No.No issue. | -如果这当中有问题-不 没有问题 |
[25:46] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[25:49] | – Where’s the…? – The what? | -我要 -什么? |
[25:51] | – Here it is. – Morphine. | -这里 -吗啡 |
[25:57] | I think it only works the first time. | 我以为只有第一次有效 |
[26:02] | You’re leaving. | 你要走了 |
[26:05] | Yeah just… Just for a little bit. | 对 我要离开一下 |
[26:07] | But I shall return before first light.Don’t go anywhere. | 明天早上就会回来 你不要乱跑 |
[26:20] | – Josh. – Yeah. Nice to meet you. | – Josh.-很高兴认识你 |
[26:23] | And you. | 我也是 |
[26:28] | Isn’t he charming? | 他很迷人吧? |
[26:30] | Sure in a bodice-ripping Heathcliff-on-the-moor… | 是啊 就像小说里面那种 |
[26:33] | I’m-too-sexy-for-my-camera sort of way. | 帅气到不行的摄影师 |
[26:35] | Josh. Josh. | |
[26:38] | – More admirers.- Really? | -你有很多仰慕者 -真的吗? |
[26:42] | How many photographers did you meet over there? | 你在那里碰到几个摄影师? |
[26:44] | Who are they from? | 他们从哪来的? |
[26:53] | – Okay this is sort of weird. – What? | -这样很怪 -什么? |
[26:57] | “Wishes for a speedy recovery. | 祝早日康复 |
[27:00] | Father of the baker.Father of the light.” | 光明之父 |
[27:03] | “Son of the sword.” | 刀剑之子 |
[27:04] | The flowers sound like pomegranate the national flower of Palestine… | 这种花应该是石榴 巴勒斯坦的国花 |
[27:08] | and the names on the card are translations… | 卡片上的名字是Abu Ferran |
[27:11] | …of Abu Ferran Abu Siraj and Ibn Husam. | Abu Siraj跟Ibn Husam的翻译 |
[27:13] | And we’ve heard of Manny Moe and Jack? | 有听过Manny Moe与Jack公司吗? |
[27:15] | – The Palestinian prime minister’s sons. – Mukarat? What’s the Arabic? | -那是巴勒斯坦首相的儿子 -Mukarat?阿拉伯话是什么? |
[27:19] | A date time and restaurant not far from the hospital in Landstuhl. | 时间跟地点 在兰德斯吐尔医院不远处的餐厅 |
[27:22] | What the hell are we supposed to do there? | 我们在哪要干嘛? |
[27:24] | Somebody has a message they couldn’t phone in to State. | 有人密报说无法打电话进美国 |
[27:27] | Somebody who knew that a senior aide was in Germany. | 那个人知道有个资深白宫幕僚 现在正在德国 |
[27:30] | A domestic policy aide who refers to Italy… | 一个把意大利 |
[27:32] | -…as the one that looks like a boot. – And doesn’t draw much attention… | -形容成一只靴子的幕僚 -而且这个人 |
[27:36] | -…on the international scene. – Yeah. So what is this? | -不太关心国际大事 -对 到底是什么事? |
[27:39] | It could be information about the bombing. | 可能是爆炸案的情报 |
[27:42] | A message from Prime Minister Mukarat related to the current situation. | 也可能是Mukarat首相对于目前情势的回应 |
[27:45] | I gotta call in the CIA director? | 要我打电话给中情局吗? |
[27:47] | We’ll put agents on it. | 我们会请探员处理 |
[27:50] | But they’ve already picked the guy they wanna talk to. | 不过他们已经决定约谈的对象了 |
[27:53] | You want me to have a secret meeting with the Son of the Sword? | 你要我跟“刀剑之子”开秘密会议? |
[27:57] | I must be high from the morphine. | 我一定是吗啡打的太多 |
[28:00] | You know stealth isn’t exactly my strong suit. | 我不太擅长做鬼鬼祟祟的事情 |
[28:02] | He’s very clumsy. | 他笨手笨脚的 |
[28:05] | Josh just sit down with the guy and see what he has to say. | Josh 你只需要听那个人说什么就可以 |
[28:08] | – Yeah but technically I’m gonna be a… – It’s a diplomatic meeting. | -对 不过技术上来说-这是外交会议 |
[28:12] | -Do I need to carry a piece?-Josh. | -我需要带枪吗? -Josh |
[28:14] | Why aren’t you sending I don’t know someone more like you? | 为什么不派个像你一样的人过来? |
[28:19] | Because they didn’t send me the flowers. | 因为他们没送我花 |
[28:21] | They sent Donna the flowers. | 他们送花给Donna |
[28:23] | Donna can’t walk. And they were angling for you. | Donna无法走动 而且他们想要谈话的对象是你 |
[28:26] | If I sent a professional it would just spook the guy. | 如果我送专业人员过去 会把他吓跑 |
[28:29] | – So to speak. – Is this dangerous? | -就是这样 -会很危险吗? |
[28:31] | No it’s a diplomatic meeting.It’s not dangerous. | 不会 这是外交会议 不会危险 |
[28:36] | Donna wants to know if it’s dangerous. | Donna想知道是否有危险性 |
[28:38] | You flew Lufthansa. | 你搭过德国航空 |
[28:40] | You’ve been wandering alone. If someone wanted to kill you… | 你自己一个人到处晃 如果有人要杀你 |
[28:43] | -…it would have happened already. – That’s not reassuring. | -早就动手了 -这样讲没让我感到安心 |
[28:46] | I’m sending someone from the embassy. We’ll have someone there… | 我会从大使馆派人去 我们会有人在那里守候 |
[28:49] | if you run into trouble. Maybe try to keep a low profile. | 以防你发生问题 试着低调一点 |
[28:52] | Should I switch cabs? | 我应该一路不断换计程车吗? |
[29:08] | – You wouldn’t rather wait in your office. – I enjoy your company. | -你怎么不在自己的办公室等 -我喜欢你陪我 |
[29:12] | I enjoy a good slug of gin at lunch but I’ve learned to do without. | 我喜欢在午餐喝点琴酒 不过很久没这样做了 |
[29:18] | – What do you want? – Nothing. | -你需要什么吗? -没有 |
[29:21] | He’s only been hovering here like a jaybird for the last 40 minutes. | 他已经这样焦躁不安40分钟了 |
[29:24] | – What’s that? – The vest for the game. | -那是什么? -球赛的防弹背心 |
[29:26] | Why is it here now? | 为什么会在这里? |
[29:27] | When you wear the vest your throwing motion… | 当你穿上背心 要这样投球 |
[29:30] | I’ve worn the damn thing before. | 不用你教 |
[29:32] | You’ll be on national TV. The people will be watching. | 你会出现在电视上 大家都在看 |
[29:35] | Given their state of mind… | 请考虑到这点 |
[29:36] | I’d rather not have you walk into a stadium… | 我不希望你走进 有四万八千名观众的球场 |
[29:39] | of 48 000 and hang a curve ball over the backstop. | 然后投个曲球到挡球网上 |
[29:41] | -He’s right sir.Everyone agrees. -Everyone? | -他说的对 大家都同意 -大家? |
[29:44] | Leo. Josh. C.J. Your wife. The Notre Dame Athletic Department. | Leo. Josh. C.J.你老婆 还有圣母院大学体育系 |
[29:51] | You got 15 minutes.Give me the vest. | 你还有15分钟 把背心给我 |
[30:06] | I speak English. | 我会说英文 |
[30:08] | Okay.Good. I’m… I’m meeting someone. | 很好 我在等人 |
[30:13] | Mr.Lyman? Mr.Lyman? | |
[30:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:18] | I can walk you to your table. | 我可以帮你带位 |
[30:53] | Kate Harper. Quickly. | 接Kate Harper 快点 |
[30:56] | – Harrison. McKinley. – Nope. | – Harrison. McKinley. -没有 |
[30:59] | McKinley did throw the first pitch at a Senators game but only as governor. | McKinley在参议员比赛时有投球 不过是以州长的身份 |
[31:03] | Taft. Taft. | |
[31:04] | First one to throw out the first pitch.William Howard Taft 1910. | 创开球先例的是 William Howard Taft 1910年 |
[31:09] | Well I hope they made fatty practice. | 我希望他们好好练习 |
[31:13] | Here? | 这里? |
[31:15] | We figured you’d rather not share this moment with history. | 你就别跟过去比了 |
[31:18] | You don’t think the China Room would be better? | 中国室会不会比较好? |
[31:31] | This has gotta be one of the highlights. | 这一定是焦点之一 |
[31:33] | Remember to follow through sir. | 记得要完成 总统先生 |
[31:57] | Not a word Ziegler. | 别再说了 |
[32:01] | A guy was sitting at the table.I sat down he left. | 有一个人坐在位置上 我一坐下他就离开 |
[32:05] | He’s probably just checking to make sure you weren’t followed. | 他大概只是要确定 你没有被跟踪 |
[32:08] | -This is a diplomatic meeting. – Yes. | -这是外交会议 -是的 |
[32:11] | Because it’s feeling a little Nick Danger. | 因为感觉有点危险 |
[32:14] | -Try to relax.- You got a guy here right? | -试着放轻松 -有派人在这里吧? |
[32:17] | Yes Josh. | 是的 Josh |
[32:18] | Is it the guy with the toupee? Because he looks pretty obvious. | 是那个戴假发的人吗?他看起来很像 |
[32:22] | – Josh… – I gotta go. | -Josh -我要挂了 |
[32:27] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[32:34] | – Okay. That was better. – I hit the wall. | -好 好多了 -我撞到墙 |
[32:36] | Distance was good. Now just aim for the guy with the mitt. | 保持距离是好的 瞄准戴手套的人 |
[32:39] | – Why didn’t we cancel? – I was just wondering the same thing. | -为什么不取消呢? -我也搞不懂 |
[32:42] | I could write 100 speeches and we’d never come close… | 我写一百篇演讲稿 效果也比不上 |
[32:45] | -…to the sight of you up on that mound. – Yeah that’s me. All-powerful. | -你站在投手丘的画面 -是啊 很有权威的感觉 |
[32:48] | Bending the will of the world by my mere presence. | 光靠我的风采 就能扭转世界的局势 |
[32:57] | Hamas grows stronger every day. | 哈犸斯势力越来越壮大 |
[32:59] | Because of frustration with Israel. | 因为对以色列的不满 |
[33:01] | Yes but even more because of what Hamas can offer the Palestinian people. | 对 不过也是因为哈犸斯 能够提供巴勒斯坦人 |
[33:06] | Education food health care. | 教育、食物跟健康保险 |
[33:08] | Doesn’t the Palestinian Authority…? | 难道巴勒斯坦当局不能吗? |
[33:11] | The Palestinian Authority lines their own pockets. | 巴勒斯坦当局只会中饱私囊 |
[33:14] | Chairman Farad cannot will not change. | 福拉德主席永远也不会改变 |
[33:18] | And he’s willing to pull the temple down on his own head. | 他只为自己想 |
[33:21] | But there are others reasonable men who with help could effect change | 但是还有其他理性的人 如果得到帮助 就能改变局势 |
[33:26] | …challenge Hamas. | 对哈犸斯构成威胁 |
[33:28] | Moderates. | 你说的是温和派 |
[33:30] | I tell you this in the strictest of confidence. | 我对我说的话很有信心 |
[33:33] | I bring word from Prime Minister Mukarat of Palestine. | 我为巴勒斯坦的首相Mukarat传话 |
[33:37] | He’s concerned about the ongoing situation and feels the time has come… | 他对于当前局势感到忧心 同时也认为 |
[33:42] | for opening a new line of dialogue with Israel and with your country. | 应该重新开启与以色列以及贵国 沟通的契机 |
[33:47] | A line of dialogue that does not include Chairman Farad. | 而这个沟通不包括Farad主席在内 |
[33:59] | Leo. Leo. | |
[34:02] | – You all right? – Abbey. | -你好吗? – Abbey. |
[34:07] | What can I do for you? | 有什么事吗? |
[34:09] | I came to offer up my services. | 我来提供服务 |
[34:11] | Your services? | 服务? |
[34:13] | I look pretty good in a bulletproof vest. | 我穿上防弹背心看来不错 |
[34:15] | – Okay. – Not to mention I was quite… | -好 -再说 我… |
[34:17] | …the intramural softball player and let’s face it Jed’s no Cy Young. | 以前可是垒球选手 而Jed不是大投手塞扬 |
[34:25] | Toby and Josh think it’s important he goes out there tonight. | Toby跟Josh认为 他今晚去投球是很重要的 |
[34:29] | What does Ron Butterfield think? | Ron Butterfield怎么想? |
[34:31] | We’ve had a dozen Secret Service at Camden Yards for the past two weeks… | 我们在球场派了十几位密勤局人员 |
[34:35] | …disassembling the air conditioners. | 过去两个礼拜都在拆卸空调 |
[34:37] | They’ll have men in every janitor’s closet every bathroom… | 每个清洁工的柜子 所有厕所跟屋顶都派了人 |
[34:41] | …up on the roof. That and the other 240 security guys the ballpark | 球场还有240个安全人员 |
[34:49] | You look tired. | 你看来很累 |
[34:54] | It’s been a long day. | 今天很漫长 |
[34:56] | It’s been a long year. | 今年很漫长 |
[34:59] | You want him to do something. | 你希望他能有所作为 |
[35:02] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:04] | -Seems to me he’s trying to. -He’s tilting at windmills. | -我觉得他很努力-他想扭转局势 |
[35:08] | Tilting at windmills in the Middle East. | 中东的局势 |
[35:13] | Is there a better place for that? | 有更适合的地方吗? |
[35:15] | You think historians will judge me… | 你觉得历史学家会因为 |
[35:17] | because I can’t stand the national pastime? | 我投球投不好而贬低我的贡献吗? |
[35:19] | We’ll make sure it’s a well-kept secret sir. | 我们不会让这个秘密泄漏出去的 |
[35:22] | In 50 60 years some guy with a camcorder… | 五、六十年后 会有人拿着摄影机 |
[35:25] | will track down some old codger who worked here on the kitchen staff… | 找到以前在厨房工作的员工 |
[35:28] | …and tell the story of how I thought Stan Musial was a pediatrician… | 请他告诉大家 我在Abbey的医学课上 |
[35:32] | -…from Abbey’s medical school class. – It’s a pretty common mistake. | -误认Stan Musial是小儿科医生 -这种错误很常发生 |
[35:37] | I’d really like to bomb the whole damn place. | 我想把这里炸掉 |
[35:40] | – Gaza? – Gaza the West Bank. | -迦萨? -迦萨、约旦河西岸 |
[35:43] | Take out the whole Arabian Peninsula while we’re at it. | 顺便把阿拉伯半岛都炸掉 |
[35:47] | It’s what the country wants. | 这就是我们想要的 |
[35:49] | Sure.Hell it’s practically the American way. | 没错 这就美国的作风 |
[35:51] | And who cares if it’s exactly what those lunatics want? | 谁在乎那些疯子想要什么? |
[35:54] | They push we push back and they’ve got the holy war | 他们逼我们 我们就反击回去 他们有圣战 |
[35:57] | …they’ve been praying for with 1001 recruits to fight… | 发动一千零一名士兵 |
[36:00] | the big kid on the other side of the Atlantic.Like bad Shakespeare. | 攻打大西洋对岸的人 |
[36:04] | They’re waiting for me to play my role… | 他们等着我扮演好我的角色 |
[36:06] | and chuck a big fat one right down the middle. | 从中谋利 |
[36:11] | Mr.President. | 总统先生 |
[36:13] | Let me get this straight. Josh met with some guy over bratwurst? | 让我搞清楚 Josh在德国跟人碰面 |
[36:16] | Information checks out. This has all the hallmarks.. | 他去取情报 |
[36:19] | -…of a back-channel overture. – I thought Mukarat was in Farad’s pocket. | -是透过秘密管道 -我以为Farad已经掌控Mukarat |
[36:23] | So did we. Seems he realized unilateral Israeli action | 我们也这样以为 看来他发现以色列的单方行动 |
[36:26] | will leave his people with less than negotiating will. | 会对他人民不利 |
[36:29] | We’re talking about kingmaking. | 我们谈的是拥立领导者 |
[36:30] | About a leader with whom there can be no peace. | 一个不在乎和平的领导者 |
[36:33] | – The Israelis won’t sit down with Farad… – How would this work? | -以色列不会跟Farad谈判 -这件事要怎么处理? |
[36:37] | We broker secret talks with the Israelis. | 我们跟以色列进行密谈 |
[36:39] | Show them Mukarat’s credible. They pull back… | 让他们知道Mukarat是可信的 让他们撤退 |
[36:42] | …bolster Mukarat by releasing prisoners… | 支持Mukarat 释放罪犯 |
[36:44] | We’re grasping at straws. This kind of intervention into Palestinian politics | 这种干预巴勒斯坦政治的方法 |
[36:48] | American intervention is responsible for propping up nearly every dictator in the Middle East. | 美国的介入造成中东产生一堆独裁者 |
[36:53] | And look where that’s gotten us. | 看看我们被害的多惨 |
[36:55] | Sir… | 总统先生 |
[36:57] | it’s time to focus on the terrorist elements who’ve declared war on us. | 我们该开始专心对付 攻击我们的恐怖份子 |
[37:01] | We’re at war with jealousy and hatred. | 我们对抗的是忌妒与仇恨 |
[37:04] | The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the index patient. | 以巴冲突是指标 |
[37:06] | Shouldn’t that be our focus? | 难道那不该是我们的重点吗? |
[37:09] | Do we have any files on Mukarat? Writings?Personal history? | 我们有Mukarat的资料吗? 他的著作或是资历? |
[37:14] | We could pull that together. | 我们会去找 |
[37:16] | Governor only you would decide to hold a press conference outside… | 州长 只有你会选在零度的气温下 |
[37:19] | in zero-degree weather.We’ll all freeze to death. | 在户外召开记者会 我们大家都会冻死的 |
[37:22] | – One way to avoid too many questions. – I’d prefer to avoid hypothermia. | -这是避免被问太多问题的好方法 -我比较希望避免体温过低 |
[37:26] | I’m gonna get clobbered. | 我快被赶上了 |
[37:27] | – You’re not gonna get clobbered. – We should ask for a re-count. | -不会的 -我们应该要求重新计票 |
[37:30] | You got 303 electoral votes. I think you’re stuck with them. | 你得到303张选举人票 我想你被他们缠上了 |
[37:34] | – Who are all those people? – Press conference wasn’t a secret. | -那些人是谁? -记者会不是个秘密 |
[37:37] | Apparently you have fans. | 看来你有粉丝 |
[37:38] | What do they want me to do run the country? | 他们要我干嘛? 当总统吗? |
[37:41] | It’s a little surprising isn’t it? | 是有点意外 |
[37:44] | You heard me today. Hell the general could barely keep his lunch down. | 你听到了 将军连午餐都差点没吃完 |
[37:48] | You don’t think he and Fitzwallace are gonna have a great laugh over that? | 你不觉得他跟Fitzwallace会嘲笑我吗? |
[37:52] | – We have some things to learn. – I can’t do this without you. | -我们有很多得学习 -没有你我是做不到的 |
[37:55] | You think I’d let you? There’s a reason I’ve stayed sober. | 你以为我会离开吗? 我戒酒是有原因的 |
[38:00] | Any way to gauge the reaction of the Arab world.. | 有办法评估阿拉伯 |
[38:03] | …or the Israelis? | 或以色列的反应吗? |
[38:04] | We have a number of contacts we could reach out to quietly. | 我们有一些门路 可以私下询问 |
[38:09] | Let’s do so.And keep the F/ A-18s on ready alert. | 好 同时叫战机保持警戒 |
[38:23] | Sir. This is a waste of time. | 总统先生 这是浪费时间 |
[38:26] | – We’ve tried elevating… -Thank you Leo. | -我们试过 -谢谢 Leo |
[38:28] | – You need to… – Thank you. | -你必须… -谢谢 |
[39:06] | Where’s Donna Moss? | Donna Moss在哪里? |
[39:07] | – Excuse me? – Donna Moss. | -什么? -Donna Moss |
[39:08] | – She’s not in her room. – Are you related? | -她不在病房里 -你是她的家人吗? |
[39:11] | I work for the president of the United States. | 我是美国总统的幕僚 |
[39:13] | I have the diplomatic rank of a three-star general. Tell me. | 我的外交位阶相当于三星上将 快点告诉我 |
[39:17] | You spoke with Ambassador Galit? | 你跟Galit大使谈过了吗? |
[39:20] | The Israelis are willing to sit down with Mukarat privately… | 以色列愿意跟Mukarat私下谈判 |
[39:23] | as long as Chairman Farad won’t be involved. | 只要Farad主席不参加 |
[39:25] | -Okay.Where are you on this? -Both options have risks. | -好 你觉得呢? -两种选择都有风险 |
[39:31] | Give us a moment would you? | 让我们讨论一下 |
[39:43] | Oh you can’t go in there. | 你不能进去 |
[39:45] | – What’s…? – A complication. | -什么? -她出现了并发症 |
[39:47] | -She’s developed a pulmonary embolism. – It’s a blood clot. | -肺栓塞 -有血块在里面 |
[39:49] | We’re trying to remove it now. | 我们现在正试着取出血块 |
[39:57] | You know on May 13th the day before Israeli Independence Day… | 五月十三号 就是以色列独立纪念日之前 |
[40:00] | …the TV stations in Israel screen the name… | 以色列的电视台列出 |
[40:03] | of every soldier who’s fallen for the country. | 所有为国捐驱的士兵名字 |
[40:05] | A name flashes for a second or two then the next name appears. | 一个名字大概停留一到两秒 直到你上床睡觉 |
[40:09] | You go to bed you get up the names are still flashing.It takes 24 hours. | 第二天起来名字还没报完 持续了24小时 |
[40:13] | That’s how they observe Memorial Day. | 他们是那样过国殇日的 |
[40:15] | Yeah and they keep lobbing missiles into Gaza. | 对 同时继续攻击迦萨 |
[40:18] | We start encouraging it how long until that broadcast lasts 48 hours? | 我们还变相鼓励这种状况 很快名单就要48小时才播得完 |
[40:22] | Or 72? | 搞不好要72小时 |
[40:23] | How often have we tried negotiation? | 我们谈判过多少次? |
[40:25] | – We’re not negotiating with the chairman. – Your priority… | -我们不跟主席谈判-你的第一顺位 |
[40:28] | …should be the security of this country. | 应该是国家安全 |
[40:34] | I think you’re gun-shy sir. | 我想你因为过去的经验而怯步 |
[40:36] | The most important moment of your presidency… | 在你总统任内最重要的时刻 |
[40:39] | and you’re gonna blow it because you’re human. | 你却因为妇人之仁而搞砸 |
[40:41] | – You’re a father who almost lost… – You think this is about Zoey? | -你是个差点失去女儿的 -你认为这跟Zoey有关吗? |
[40:45] | You’re damn right it’s about Zoey. And Ellie and Elizabeth and Mallory. | 没错 的确跟Zoey有关 跟Ellie、Elizabeth和Mallory有关 |
[40:49] | It’s about bombs in Macy’s and Penn Station and Starbucks. | 跟梅西百货、宾州车站 和星巴克的爆炸案有关 |
[40:53] | Bombing Gaza could be the most dangerous move this country… | 轰炸迦萨可能是… |
[40:56] | has made in two centuries. – Or not. | -两个世纪来最危险的行动-也有可能不是 |
[40:58] | In 75 years we’ll know if we’re right or wrong | 75年后 我们就会知道是对是错 |
[41:01] | but nobody today can tell me with certainty. | 但是现在没人能告诉我 |
[41:03] | I’m the guy in the office Leo. | 我是白宫的主人 Leo |
[41:06] | I’ll be the one who’s judged.Do you hear me? | 我是做决定的人 知道吗? |
[41:09] | It should be you Leo. You. Not me. | 应该是你 Leo 是你 不是我 |
[41:21] | You got the ball? | 球呢? |
[41:30] | – Yeah. – The chairman’s on TV. | -对 -主席在电视上 |
[41:32] | He’s accepted our invitation to the negotiations. | 他接受谈判的邀请 |
[41:35] | – What? – Chairman Farad.He’s on TV. | -什么?-Farad主席 他在电视上 |
[41:38] | He’s thanking us for inviting him and Prime Minister Mukarat… | 他感谢我们邀请他 跟Mukarat首相 |
[41:41] | … to a summit with the Israelis. | 与以色列共同召开高峰会议 |
[41:43] | We didn’t invite him! We haven’t even formally invited Mukarat. | 我们没有邀请他! 我们连Mukarat都还没正式邀请 |
[41:47] | He’s publicly accepted our invitation to Camp David. | 他在大卫营公开接受邀请 |
[41:51] | Now time for our ceremonial first pitch. | 开球的时间到了 |
[41:54] | Tonight we are pleased to welcome the president of the United States. | 今晚 我们很荣幸邀请到 美国总统 |
[41:57] | Jed! Jed! |