时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | You’re going on a CODEL | 你有一个秘密任务 |
[00:08] | to the Middle East with Fitzwallace and Andy. No presidential hand-holding. | 和费兹和安迪去中东 非正式访问 |
[00:11] | You’re going to see what’s going on and brief me and Toby about it. | 最新情况你要向我和托比报告 |
[00:17] | – What about Donna?! – She was in the car. | 唐娜怎样了?! 她在车上 |
[00:18] | Three dead so far, sir. Congressman Desantos and Korb. | 死了三个 德山度士和柯布议员 |
[00:21] | And we just got word Admiral Fitzwallace. | 还有费兹上将 |
[00:24] | The people responsible will be found and brought to justice. | 行凶者会受到制裁 |
[00:28] | It’s time to focus on the terrorist elements who’ve declared war on us. | 这是恐怖分子的公然宣战 |
[00:31] | What are my other options? | 有什么选择? |
[00:33] | – There’s the Palestinian Authority. – Chairman Farad? | 巴勒斯坦权力机构 法拉特? |
[00:34] | He’s asked for the opportunity to arrest any suspects identified by the FBI. | 他请求直接逮捕确认的嫌犯 |
[00:39] | He won’t treat us like the Israelis. We have the power to bring him back to the table. | 我们不是以色列人 我们可以让他回到桌子上 |
[00:42] | Sir, the country wants action. | 人民需要政府的反应 |
[00:45] | Chairman Farad– he’s on TV. | 法拉特上电视了 |
[00:47] | He’s thanking us for inviting him to a summit with the Israelis. | 他感谢我们邀请他参加首脑会议 |
[00:50] | We didn’t invite him! | 我们没这么做! |
[00:51] | He’s publicly accepted our invitation to Camp David. | 他高调回复会出席大卫营会议 |
[00:55] | I think you’re gun-shy, sir. | 瞻前顾后不行 |
[00:56] | This may be the most important moment of your presidency | 这是你任期的重要时刻 |
[00:59] | and you’re going to blow it because you’re human. | 你打算逃避这一切吗 |
[01:01] | I’m the guy in the office, Leo. | 我是下决定的人 |
[01:02] | I’m the one who’s going to be judged. | 我将会被人们评价 <<以巴大卫营会谈>> |
[01:46] | We can’t let Chairman Farad bully us into hosting a summit, sir. | 我们不应该受制于法拉特 |
[01:49] | Who’s going to know? | 谁会知道? |
[01:50] | People at State know, at the Pentagon. | 很多,五角大楼 |
[01:52] | And the Israelis know. | 还有犹太人 |
[01:53] | If we try to force them into hosting a summit they may leak it. | 强行要求他们举行会议 他们或者会泄漏出去 |
[01:56] | That’s so bad? The Chairman wants a peace summit. Isn’t that a start? | 主席要和平峰会 这不是他想要的吗 |
[01:59] | He invited himself to Camp David. What’s he going to do next, | 他不请自来,他将会怎做 |
[02:01] | raid the icebox at the Council on Foreign Relations? | 在会议上声讨对外关系政策? |
[02:04] | Sir, we need to focus on military action. | 我们的重点在军事行动 |
[02:07] | Retaliation for the deaths of our people in Gaza. | 针对国民的自杀袭击 |
[02:10] | I’ve got a guy who says he wants to come to a peace table, and I’ve got a table. | 有人要和平,我已经摆好了桌子 |
[02:13] | Tell Farad he can have his summit if it can double as his retirement party. | 给他会议,要他加紧移交权力 |
[02:17] | I’ll spring for the watch. | 这是交换 |
[02:19] | What do I need from him to get the Israelis to Camp David? | 我要怎样把犹太人带到大卫营? |
[02:21] | He’d have to promise to arrest the leaders of Hamas, | 他必须保证会逮捕哈玛斯领导人 |
[02:24] | put the Palestinian security services under Mukarat and the moderates | 把巴勒斯坦安全部队交给温和派 |
[02:27] | and adopt a new PLO charter that gives up that portion of historical Palestine | 采用新的政纲,宣布放弃 历史上巴勒斯坦的部分领土 |
[02:32] | he’s going to recognize as Israel. | 承认以色列的独立 |
[02:34] | Plus the watch? | 加上刚才的? |
[02:46] | Mr. President, this way, please. | 总统先生 这边 |
[02:48] | Sir? | 先生? |
[02:51] | I feel as if my counsel is largely responsible for this mess. | 我的顾问应该可以处理这件事 |
[02:55] | I get lots of counsel, Ms. Harper. | 我有很多顾问 |
[02:56] | What I choose to do with it is my responsibility. | 但下决定的还是我本人 |
[03:03] | Ted Harbert called from 60 Minutes, | 泰德夫人致电60分钟时事 |
[03:04] | says he’s got a Congressional widow on camera | 一个上电视的议员遗孀 |
[03:07] | demanding that the President avenge her husband’s death. | 要求总统为她报仇 |
[03:09] | – Which one? – Tom Korb’s. | 谁的遗孀? 柯布议员 |
[03:11] | They’re hoping the President will go on camera to respond. | 他们希望总统能公开回应 |
[03:13] | And what, defend his tie-dye, hippie-dippie, blowin’ in the wind peacenick pipe dream | 然后观众可以一边欣赏总统 为反战的立场辩护 |
[03:17] | while the grieving widow rends her garments? | 同时看到声嘶力竭大叫的寡妇 |
[03:19] | Want me to see if I can get you a couple minutes in the Oval right away? | 需要我帮你接椭圆办公室吗 |
[03:22] | I bet the President won’t be back in the building until this afternoon. | 总统中午前不会回来 |
[03:25] | As you know, I’ve been consistent with my desire | 我最大的心愿 |
[03:28] | to restart negotiations with the Israelis. | 就是跟以色列重开谈判 |
[03:29] | The Israelis won’t get in a room with Farad again. | 以色列人不会相信法拉特 |
[03:32] | I’m surprised the Prime Minister hasn’t already said so in about 3 different languages. | 总理三次在公开场合发言 |
[03:35] | The President asked him not to. | 总统可不喜闻乐见 |
[03:37] | Farad doesn’t want a deal. Last time Israel offered up Gaza, | 法拉特毫无诚意,上次以色列 |
[03:39] | 96% of the West Bank, half of Jerusalem, sovereignty over the Temple Mount, | 提出西岸领土的96% 耶路撒冷的一半,神殿山的主权 |
[03:43] | and the lead role in the Temple Betn-el Purim Play. | 还有重大节日的领导位置 |
[03:46] | Farad walked away. | 法拉特拒绝了 |
[03:47] | What do you need, Will? | 你要什么? |
[03:48] | A President who’s prepared to respond to the murder of two congressmen. | 我要总统对此作出回应 |
[03:52] | The Vice President can’t support the President on this. | 副总统也这样想 |
[03:54] | He planning to say so publicly? | 他打算公开这一观点吗 |
[03:56] | He’s speaking at the Israel Policy Forum Gala on Friday. | 周五的犹太政策论坛 |
[03:58] | I think it may come up. | 我想他会的 |
[04:00] | He can’t be convinced to come down with a nasty bout of the flu? | 没有可能他因患流感无法出席? |
[04:02] | He’s a pretty healthy guy. | 他身体很健康 |
[04:04] | The President knows, right? You guys are telling him? | 总统要知道,你们会告诉他? |
[04:06] | Knows what? | 告诉什么 |
[04:07] | That there is no viable alternative. | 他没有别的选择 |
[04:09] | He’s going to have to bomb Palestinians. | 他必须轰炸巴勒斯坦 |
[04:15] | Blessed are the merciful | 祝福是美好的 |
[04:17] | for they shall obtain mercy. | 他们应得到祝福 |
[04:20] | Blessed are they | 祝福他们 |
[04:22] | which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake | 为了正义而献身 |
[04:25] | for theirs will be the kingdom of heaven. | 为了他们进入天国 |
[04:29] | And blessed are the peacemakers, | 祝福缔造和平的人 |
[04:32] | for they shall be called | 为了他们值得 |
[04:35] | the children of God. | |
[05:24] | We have no choice but to retaliate. | 我们必须报复 |
[05:26] | Khalil Nasan is still in Gaza? | 卡里 纳萨还在加沙? |
[05:28] | Yes, but we’ve been able to link Nasan’s bombing of our congressional delegation | 我们已经肯定纳萨的袭击 |
[05:31] | to the Khanjari Martyrs. | 和卡汗扎伊有关 |
[05:33] | The Martyrs are using the Ein Hawa camp near Damascus as their base of operation. | 卡汗扎伊在大马士革附近有基地 |
[05:38] | In Syria? | 在叙利亚? |
[05:39] | E-mails and cellular communications indicate that they supplied the munitions | 情报指出他们向纳萨提供武器 |
[05:42] | and the technical support for Nasan. | 和所需的技术支持 |
[05:44] | What are you proposing, General? | 你想说什么 |
[05:46] | Syria and Iran are the primary supporters of the Martyrs. | 叙利亚和伊朗都支持卡汗扎伊 |
[05:49] | The Lincoln Battle Group is moving into strike range. | 林肯号已经准备好打击行动 |
[05:51] | We can use SLAMER missiles against the Ein Hawa camp | 低空战略导弹可用来打击 卡汗扎伊的基地 |
[05:54] | and the two terrorist training camps in Northern Iran east of Birjan. | 还有伊朗北部两个训练营 |
[05:57] | And blow the summit out of the water. | 这等于为和平峰会泼冷水 |
[05:59] | What summit? The Israelis aren’t going to meet with Farad. | 什么峰会?以色列人不会 跟法拉特会面的 |
[06:01] | The region is already a powder keg. | 那是一个危险地区 |
[06:03] | Name one day in the last 20 centuries when it wasn’t. | 整个20世纪如是 |
[06:05] | Egypt, Jordan and the Saudis will help us craft a deal with Farad if they think it’s fair. | 埃及,约旦和沙特会帮忙 只要条件谈妥 |
[06:09] | But the whole thing will fall apart if we start bombing Syria and Iran. | 但轰炸叙利亚和伊朗 会把一切努力毁掉 |
[06:12] | The only way to prevent attacks against Americans abroad | 防止海外国民遇袭的唯一方法 |
[06:14] | is to show we’re willing to respond when provoked. | 是显示我们的决心 |
[06:17] | Bombing Syria and Iran sends a powerful message, Mr. President. | 轰炸是强硬而坚定的信号 |
[06:20] | Do we have any evidence linking Iran to Nasan? | 有证据显示伊朗和纳萨有关吗 |
[06:23] | If we take this opportunity to strike Iranian terrorist camps, believe me, sir, | 如果我们攻击训练营,我保证 |
[06:27] | we’ll find a way to link the attacks on our people back to them later. | 我们会找到他们之间的联系 |
[06:31] | Are you suggesting we use the attack on our congressional delegation | 你是否建议我以此为借口 |
[06:34] | as a pretext to attack another country we don’t know to be responsible? | 对某个未确定 需负责的国家发动攻击? |
[06:38] | Sir, I’m not suggesting that, but it’s clear… | 我不是这个意思 |
[06:40] | Then what the hell are you suggesting, George? | 你想说什么? |
[06:41] | – Mr. President… – There’s ample intelligence… | 总统先生 我说清楚 |
[06:43] | I’m not using Admiral Fitzwallace’s death and the death of our congressmen | 我不会以代表团遇袭 |
[06:46] | as a pretext to attack another country we don’t happen to like. | 作为攻击敌意国家的借口 |
[06:49] | The ambassador is here. | 大使来了 |
[06:51] | I want to see what we have linking Nasan to the Martyrs in Syria. | 我要知道纳萨和叙利亚之间的关系 |
[06:55] | And if you come up with any credible, verifiable evidence dragging Iran into this mess, | 找到确实可信的证据再告诉我 |
[07:00] | I’ll take a look at that, too. | 我会考虑的 |
[07:01] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[07:04] | I’m not bombing half the Middle East because it’s going to make us all feel better. | 我不会轰炸中东 只为了让国民好过点 |
[07:08] | They’re on your side. | 他们理解 |
[07:09] | Really? | 真的? |
[07:11] | I was having a hard time believing that a few minutes ago. | 我对此很怀疑 |
[07:14] | Sir, you can’t delay any longer. There are no rabbits left in this hat. | 你必须要做决定,时不我待 |
[07:17] | – I’m not prepared to accept that. – You’re going to have to, sir. | 我不会同意的 你必须同意 |
[07:22] | The ambassador’s waiting. | 大使在等着 |
[07:32] | Looks like your boy’s gotten himself into a bit of trouble. | 看上去那个大男孩有点麻烦 |
[07:34] | My boy? | 大男孩? |
[07:36] | Bartlet. | 巴特勒 |
[07:38] | It’s been President Bartlet for five years, hasn’t been “boy” for about 50. | 他做了5年总统 50岁的大男孩 |
[07:43] | The Israelis are never going to meet with Farad. | 以色列人不会跟法拉特见面的 |
[07:46] | Why should they? They’ve got him surrounded in the West Bank. | 他们把他困在西岸 |
[07:48] | What’s Bartlet think they’re going to do, | 有什么理由以色列人 |
[07:50] | knock on the door of his compound and say | 会去敲法拉特的门 |
[07:52] | “I’m so sorry about all the tanks and stuff, | 说”很抱歉那些坦克和士兵 |
[07:55] | but would you like to pop over to America, | 你愿意去美国谈谈 |
[07:57] | have a nice wee chat and sort this out?” | 我们美好的将来吗?” |
[07:58] | – Where are you from? – Belfast. | 你从哪里来? 贝尔法斯特 |
[08:00] | Yeah, you guys are really the model of how to work things out over there. | 你们很会解决这样的麻烦 |
[08:04] | Yeah, we are, actually. | 当然是的 |
[08:05] | The Israelis have every right to protect themselves from terrorists. | 以色列人想避免恐怖袭击 |
[08:08] | They’re an occupying force oppressing a people fighting for self rule. | 他们的危险来自 那些被武力压迫的人们 |
[08:10] | They’re citizen-soldiers trying to keep their sisters from getting blown up on a bus. | 他们只是想保护自己的亲人 不会被恐怖袭击杀死 |
[08:14] | – You Jewish? – Why, are you anti-Semitic? | 你是犹太人? 你不喜欢犹太人? |
[08:15] | Anyone who thinks the Palestinians have a point is anti-Semitic. | 支持巴勒斯坦的人肯定是错的 |
[08:18] | And anyone who thinks that Jews don’t– after being chased and exiled | 正如没有人会否认犹太人 |
[08:22] | and persecuted for centuries is either an idiot or a fool– | 曾经饱受整个世纪的迫害和驱赶 |
[08:25] | or probably both. | 两者如是 |
[08:26] | Madame Ambassador. | 麦登大使 |
[08:28] | – Mr. McGarry. – Pleasure to see you. | 麦加利先生 幸会 |
[08:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:31] | Please. | 请坐 |
[08:37] | Admiral Fitzwallace was a great man. | 费兹上将是个好人 |
[08:40] | All Israelis mourn his loss. | 以色列人会记住他 |
[08:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:43] | Israel cannot agree to attend a summit with Chairman Farad | 我们不会同意参加峰会 |
[08:47] | while our citizens are being brutally murdered every day. | 法拉特漠视我们的国民每天被杀 |
[08:50] | Whether we like it or not, Farad is in charge. | 无论如何,法拉特是掌权者 |
[08:53] | The United States has sought regime change in dictatorships around the world. | 美国一直致力宣扬民主 打击独裁政权 |
[08:58] | Is Israel to be held to a higher standard? | 以色列是否应该与之相提并论? |
[09:00] | Israel was created to be a land free from oppression. | 以色列是从被压迫中立国的 |
[09:05] | Whether the land is rightly Palestinian, Israeli, Jordanian or Judean, | 你的国民有巴勒斯坦人 以色列人,约旦人和犹太人 |
[09:09] | the people who live in the territories are oppressed. | 他们同样有惨痛的经历 |
[09:12] | By their own leadership, by the neglect of Arab neighbors and yes, by Israel. | 被自己的君主,阿拉伯兄弟国家 甚至以色列仇视 |
[09:22] | I’m sorry, Mr. President. | 很抱歉 |
[09:25] | Chairman Farad is interested in only one thing– murdering Israelis. | 法拉特只想把以色列人杀光 |
[09:29] | And apparently, he’s decided it’s now time to start murdering Americans as well. | 现在可能轮到美国人了 |
[09:34] | We won’t participate in any discussions which include Chairman Farad. | 只要他参加,我们拒绝任何会谈 |
[09:40] | If you’ll excuse me, sir. | 请你原谅 |
[09:45] | C.J.! | C.J.! 哥顿 |
[09:48] | Gordon. | |
[09:49] | Republicans are on their way to the White House this afternoon to meet with the President. | 共和党人要和总统会面 |
[09:52] | Any idea what they’re planning to say? | 知否会面内容? |
[09:54] | I’m sure the Republican leadership is going to do what they always do– | 跟往常一样 |
[09:56] | express their unanimous and unqualified support of the President’s policies. | 表达对总统施政的绝对支持 |
[10:00] | It’s not just the Republicans. | 不仅仅共和党人 |
[10:02] | The Democrats are saying they don’t understand why the President is | 民主党内部也有不同的声音 |
[10:04] | wringing his hands when the Israelis send tanks. | 不理解总统反对以色列出兵 |
[10:07] | We’re working closely with leaders of both parties on this. | 我们和政党高层密切保持联系 |
[10:09] | They know the President is determined to act. | 他们知道总统的想法 |
[10:11] | – Chris. – No they don’t, C.J. | 姬丝 不是这么回事 |
[10:13] | Neither do the American people. | 即使美国国民 |
[10:15] | Gallup is saying 82% support immediate military action in response to Gaza. | 有82%支持立刻军事报复加沙 |
[10:19] | The President doesn’t make security decisions based on opinion polls. | 总统的决定不会根据民意投票 |
[10:22] | Chris. | 姬丝 |
[10:23] | Have the Israelis agreed to participate in a summit with the Palestinians? | 以色列同意与巴勒斯坦展开会谈吗 |
[10:26] | Israeli officials are saying privately they won’t attend if Farad is invited. | 有消息指以色列不会 与法拉特会面 |
[10:29] | We’re discussing the specifics of any possible talks | 我们正在和 |
[10:32] | with members of the Palestinian Authority | 巴勒斯坦权力机构 |
[10:34] | and representatives of the Israeli government. These conversations are ongoing. | 和以色列官员商讨有关事项 暂时未有结论 |
[10:37] | – How’s she doing? – Okay, considering she’s human chum. | 她表现如何 还好,难为她了 |
[10:41] | – Anything from Josh? – Yeah. | 乔西有消息吗 |
[10:43] | Donna’s back in surgery. Something about a pulmonary embolism. | 唐娜在做手术 肺部栓塞 |
[10:47] | Margaret. | 玛格勒 |
[10:48] | 60 Minutes is going to run an interview with Christine Korb. | 60分钟时事要采访柯布太太 |
[10:51] | Yeah. C.J. told me this morning. See if you can reach Josh. | 我知道,帮我联系乔西 |
[10:54] | We need to get to Alicia DeSantos. | 我们要找到德山度士的老婆 |
[10:56] | President doesn’t want us hauling out a grief stricken widow like some political lawn ornament. | 总统不想我们为了政治争论 去打扰一个悲伤的寡妇 |
[11:00] | I can call. | 我来 |
[11:01] | You don’t have to let the President know I’m doing it. | 你别告诉总统 |
[11:03] | Not today, okay, Toby? I’ve got enough problems… | 今天不要,我够烦的了 |
[11:05] | What’s the President doing, Leo? | 总统在做什么 |
[11:07] | A summit? | 峰会? |
[11:08] | He’s already got a Nobel Prize. What’s he need a second one for? Bookends? | 他已经得过诺贝尔和平奖 不需要第二次 |
[11:12] | The Speaker’s here. | 议长来了 |
[11:13] | Let the President’s office know, then show him in. | 告诉总统,然后让他进来 |
[11:16] | He brought half of congress with him. Don’t think they’ll all fit. | 他人多势众,不好善与 |
[11:22] | Mr. Speaker, nice to see you. | 议长,幸会 |
[11:25] | Richard, David, Leslie. | 里察,大卫,莱丝莉 |
[11:27] | Sheila, surprised to see you running with this crowd. | 希拉,你也来凑热闹了 |
[11:29] | This isn’t a partisan issue. | 这不是政党事务 |
[11:30] | We thought a show of unity would be helpful to the White House. | 我们团结一致对事情有好处 |
[11:33] | The President’s finishing something up in the Oval. He’ll be right with us. | 总统还有点事情,等会过来 |
[11:36] | Have you been listening to the radio? | 你们有听电台吗 |
[11:38] | I’ve been a little busy. | 我很忙 |
[11:39] | Have you been listening to the radio? | 有听电台吗 |
[11:41] | Oldies radio, the traffic report? | 天气报告还是交通报告? |
[11:43] | The nation’s taking the announcement of these peace talks badly. | 国民对和平宣言深感厌烦 |
[11:46] | Many people believe you sent congressmen into harms way… | 很多人认为议员的牺牲毫无价值 |
[11:49] | These the same right-wing turkey-basters who said I faked MS | 如同右翼分子声称我假装硬化症 |
[11:52] | to get the sympathy vote in the last election? | 是为下次选举博取同情票? |
[11:55] | Nice to see everyone. Please sit down. | 幸会,各位请坐 |
[11:57] | Members of congress were killed, Mr. President. | 有议员殉职,总统先生 |
[12:00] | Instead of seeking justice you’re typing up name tags | 你不寻求正义 |
[12:03] | and inviting them to play dodge ball at Camp David. | 相反邀请凶手前来赴会 |
[12:05] | You’re ignoring the sacrifice these men made for their country. | 你完全不在意他们的牺牲 |
[12:08] | On the contrary, I’m trying to honor it. | 相反,我很尊敬他们 |
[12:09] | You’re appeasing terrorists by rewarding them with a peace summit. | 你不能用和平峰会招安恐怖分子 |
[12:13] | If the issue here is congressional consultation, we can assure you… | 如果你需要我们的意见 我们建议你 |
[12:17] | Mr. President, you have to go on national television, | 你必须在全国媒体上 |
[12:21] | admit your mistake and retract those invitations. | 承认错误并且取消峰会 |
[12:24] | You’ve insulted these men and their memories. | 你侮辱了这些牺牲的人 |
[12:26] | You have to put this summit back into the cereal box it came in. | 你要把峰会的想法扔到垃圾箱 |
[12:32] | I didn’t come here to play games. | 我不是来玩的 |
[12:37] | I’m trying to find a way to make peace, | 我在寻找和平的道路 |
[12:40] | and when I do, you can go on TV and explain why you’re against it. | 与此同时,你大可 在媒体上宣传你的观点 |
[13:00] | Ms. Moss was experiencing shortness of breath and chest pain. | 摩丝小姐呼吸困难,伴有胸痛 |
[13:04] | Her chest CT revealed a blood clot in her right lung. | 她的右肺有淤血 |
[13:07] | She asked if she could see you for a moment before we put her under. | 在手术前她希望见你 |
[13:10] | – Me? – Um, no. Mr. Lyman. | 我? 不是,莱曼先生 |
[13:34] | I just talked to the doctor. They said it’s no big deal. | 我跟医生说过 他们说没什么 |
[13:41] | Yeah, stylish, huh? | 很特别 |
[13:44] | He tell you what they’re going to do? | 你知道他们要做什么? |
[13:47] | It’s going to be a snap. | 不是很好过 |
[14:04] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[14:06] | Don’t be. | 别这样 |
[14:09] | You’re going to be fine, okay? | 你会没事的 |
[14:13] | Okay, Donna, here we go. | 好了,我们要开始了 |
[14:28] | The strike force can launch in six hours. | 6小时内可以准备攻击 |
[14:31] | That’s two hours to the targets in Syria, same to Gaza. | 目标是叙利亚和加沙 |
[14:33] | Air-to-ground smart munitions against both. Back on the deck in four hours. | 空对地打击,然后返回母舰 |
[14:37] | Intel still has Khalil Nasan at the same location in Gaza? | 卫星显示纳萨还在当地? |
[14:40] | So far. We just have to hope he stays put until mid-morning. | 目前为止,希望他不会马上离开 |
[14:43] | Good. | 好 |
[14:48] | – You’ll talk to him? – Yeah. | 你跟他说了? 嗯 |
[14:51] | We lose track of Nasan now, who knows when we pick him up again. | 一旦失去纳萨的踪影 事情就不好办了 |
[14:55] | Thank you, General. | 谢谢,将军 |
[15:10] | Leo… Do you have a moment? | 里奥,有空吗 |
[15:13] | Sure. | 当然 |
[15:23] | I encouraged the President to pursue a meeting with Mukarat. | 我建议总统跟卡汗扎伊会面 |
[15:27] | I should have anticipated Chairman Farad would… | 我应该猜到法拉特会… |
[15:28] | Did you bury a mortar shell on a roadside in Gaza two days ago? | 2天前你在加沙路旁 埋了一个炸弹? |
[15:33] | No, sir. | 没有 |
[15:34] | I just feel that in hindsight I could… | 我只是希望事后可以补救 |
[15:36] | The President heard what he wanted to hear and went where he wanted to go. He’s over 21. | 总统有自己的想法 无须旁人指点 |
[15:41] | Don’t flatter yourself, Commander. You’re not changing the course of history. | 不要自以为是 你没有伟大到可以改变历史 |
[15:46] | I won’t take up any more of your time. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[15:51] | He doesn’t like chaos. | 他不喜欢彷徨的感觉 |
[15:56] | We bomb some apartment building in Gaza or a camp in Syria, | 如果我们轰炸加沙和叙利亚 |
[16:02] | there’ll be consequences. | 有因必有果 |
[16:04] | And we can’t tell him what they’re going to be. | 但我们不知道结果如何 |
[16:09] | Will we get drawn into a war in the Middle East? | 我们会陷入中东的战争泥潭? |
[16:11] | Will suicide bombers be climbing onto buses in Passaic, New Jersey | 自杀袭击会发生在美国本土 |
[16:15] | instead of Tel Aviv and Haifa? | 而不是特拉维夫和海法? |
[16:20] | Excuse me, Leo. The President’s asking for you and Ms. Harper in the Oval. | 里奥,总统叫你们过去 |
[16:27] | The President’s looking for answers and we don’t have them. | 总统要答案,但我们无能为力 |
[16:31] | No idea’s too stupid or outrageous. | 什么都好 |
[16:34] | Party clowns, pinatas, | 畅所欲言 |
[16:36] | I’d build a mosque out of Jell-O if I thought… | 异想天开也不要紧 |
[16:40] | I need ideas, new ideas. Come on. | 我要想法,想法 |
[16:43] | Just throw things out and we’ll see if anything comes of it. | 把你们脑袋里的东西都倒出来 |
[16:50] | Sir, I think we need to shift the conversation back to the military… | 我们应该回到军事行动上 |
[16:53] | Come on. Who else? | 够了,下一个 |
[17:00] | – Is the FBI any closer…? – I’m serious! | FBI那边…. 我是认真的 |
[17:02] | Farad and the Israelis– how to get them into the same room together. | 法拉特和以色列人 怎样把他们拉在一起 |
[17:12] | Previous peace plans have focused on getting Farad to crack down on Hamas | 上一次的议题关于 让法拉特和哈玛斯等 |
[17:16] | and the other terrorist groups. | 恐怖组织划清界线 |
[17:17] | He’s not powerful enough. He picks a fight with Hamas… | 他不够勇气和哈玛斯决裂 |
[17:20] | No idea’s too stupid or outrageous. | 继续,别管行不行 |
[17:22] | Chairman would come to Camp David… | 主席会来大卫营… |
[17:23] | No, no, no, no. | 不,不,不 |
[17:24] | …realistic. – Realistic or suicidal ? | 现实主义还是自杀主义? |
[17:26] | No one else in the region with an interest in ending the violence… | 这个地域的政权都无意结束对立 |
[17:28] | …if there’s some way to add credibility to the summit… | 我们要增加峰会的可信度 |
[17:33] | – Really stupid ideas? – Yes, absolutely. | 异想天开的想法? 当然 |
[17:39] | We ignore everything that’s happened in in the last 24 hours. | 我们回顾一下 过去24小时发生的一切 |
[17:44] | Yesterday, Farad was cooperating with us, | 昨天,法拉特愿意合作 |
[17:46] | planning to arrest Nasan and the other perpetrators of the CODEL bombing. | 搜捕纳萨和与袭击有关的嫌疑人 |
[17:49] | Then the Israelis surrounded his compound une the West Bank | 然后以色列包围了 他在西岸的寓所 |
[17:52] | and his people in Gaza refused to arrest Nasan, right? | 所以他的人拒绝拘捕纳萨,对吗? |
[17:55] | Yeah, so? | 那又如何 |
[17:56] | So we hold Farad to his earlier promise. | 我们要求法拉特兑现承诺 |
[17:59] | Tell him if he wants a summit, he has to arrest Nasan. | 他要峰会,必须先拘捕纳萨 |
[18:01] | Show us and the Israelis he’s serious about punishing terrorists. | 表明自己的决心 |
[18:04] | How’s he supposed to do that | 有这个可能吗 |
[18:06] | when his compound is surrounded by Israeli tanks? | 他现在还被以色列的坦克包围 |
[18:09] | Farad was never going to do it himself. | 他不用自己动手 |
[18:10] | The Palestinian Authority was just waiting for his okay to proceed. | 巴勒斯坦权力机构 只是在等他的命令 |
[18:14] | The Israelis turned off his power. His cell phone’s dead. | 以色列切断了电源 他没法打电话 |
[18:16] | Get him a new one. | 给他新电话 |
[18:17] | The Israelis aren’t going to stop the American consulate from giving him a new battery. | 以色列人不会阻止 美国人给他送电话 |
[18:20] | – They might. – A cell phone… | 他们会 一个电话 |
[18:22] | He can use mine if he wants. | 他不介意可以用我们的 |
[18:24] | You’re right, it’s a stupid idea. | 这真是异想天开 |
[18:26] | Why? | 怎么 |
[18:26] | Who cares if he has a phone? | 谁会在意他打电话 |
[18:28] | He’s not going to punish Nasan. He’s rounded up terrorists before. | 他一直与恐怖分子为伍 不可能拘捕纳萨 |
[18:31] | He walks ’em past Al Jazeera for show, | 他甚至和恐怖分子一起接受采访 |
[18:33] | then puts ’em under house arrest in a palace | 恐怖分子的牢房可能像宫殿 |
[18:36] | with a squash court and high-speed Internet access. | 有室内球场和无线上网 |
[18:38] | Tell him he has to turn Nasan over to us. | 要他把纳萨交给我们 |
[18:40] | – He won’t do it. – How do you know? | 他不会的 你怎么知道? |
[18:41] | He won’t. Half his followers think Nasan’s a hero for blowing up Americans. | 半数他的追随者认为 纳萨是一个英雄 |
[18:45] | He’s going to turn the guy over to the Great Satan? | 他怎会把英雄交给撒旦? |
[18:47] | If he says no or equivocates, we go public, | 如果他拒绝或支吾以对 我们公开内幕 |
[18:49] | say we wanted Farad for a summit, but when we identified the killer, | 声明法拉特参加峰会的前提 是他必须拘捕凶嫌 |
[18:52] | we asked Farad to turn him over, he refused. | 而法拉特拒绝了 |
[18:55] | We look reasonable, measured. Farad has no one to blame but himself. | 这样我们就有理有据 |
[18:58] | And if he does turn over Nasan, we go to the Israelis and say, | 如果他办成了 我们可以向以色列交代 |
[19:00] | “Hey, look, he’s serious this time.” | “他是认真的” |
[19:10] | Can it work? | 可以吗 |
[19:15] | No. | 不 |
[19:16] | No. | 不 |
[19:17] | Maybe. | 或者 |
[19:17] | Maybe. | 或者 |
[19:24] | Okay, somebody get the man a cell phone | 派人给他送手机 |
[19:27] | and tell him to expect a call from the President. Thanks, everyone. | 告诉他总统会给他电话 |
[19:30] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[19:32] | – Leo, you’re okay…? – Coordinate with State. | 你没事吧? 去准备 |
[19:37] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[19:45] | Congress is drafting a resolution demanding that you take military action. | 国会在起草有关军事行动的决议 |
[19:50] | Yeah. | |
[19:53] | Sir, the Lincoln Battle Group will be in position sometime tonight. | 林肯号今晚就可以就位 |
[19:58] | They’re awaiting your go order to strike Nasan and the Syrian camps in the morning. | 他们只是在等你的命令 |
[20:02] | What? | 什么? |
[20:03] | We can’t wait for Farad. The risk of losing Khalil Nasan is too great. | 卡汗扎伊可能会 逃出我们的控制范围 |
[20:07] | We have intel linking Iran to the Martyrs. | 我们必须马上行动 |
[20:10] | It’s sketchy in spots, but overall it’s a compelling case. | 虽然只是粗略的情报 但十分可信 |
[20:14] | I’m recommending you include Iran in the attacks. | 我强烈建议你把 伊朗纳入攻击目标 |
[20:17] | General Alexander went ahead with plans for these bombings? | 亚历将军已经在准备这一切? |
[20:20] | At your request. | 在你的允许之下 |
[20:21] | I said I’d consider it when the time was appropriate. | 我说,时机成熟我会考虑的 |
[20:23] | I did not ask that he… | 我没有叫他 |
[20:24] | He was trying to anticipate your eventual needs, sir, | 他只是希望做万全准备 |
[20:28] | at my urging. | 我也是 |
[20:32] | Mr. President, please. | 拜托,总统先生 |
[20:34] | Congress, the Joint Chiefs, the American public, your own staff; | 国会,参谋长联席会议 美国国民,你的幕僚 |
[20:38] | everyone disagrees with your assessment of the situation. | 没人赞成你的做法 |
[20:41] | Killing Palestinians isn’t going to make us feel safer. | 杀死巴勒斯坦人于事无补 |
[20:44] | They’ll kill more of us, then we’ll have to kill more of them. | 冤冤相报,永无止息 |
[20:47] | It’s Russian roulette with a fully-loaded gun. | 这是冷战时代得出的结论 |
[20:49] | We can’t allow terrorists to murder our citizens without… | 我们不能坐视恐怖分子残杀国民 |
[20:52] | Why would they do it? | 他们怎会这样做 |
[20:53] | Why would Palestinians murder American government officials? They never have before. | 为何他们攻击美国官员 以前从未有过 |
[20:58] | They’re deliberately provoking us, Leo. | 他们故意激怒我们 |
[21:00] | They know that we have to retaliate. They’ve studied us! | 他们故意这样做,好挑起祸端 |
[21:03] | – They want us to overreact! – This isn’t overreacting! | 他们期待我们反应过激 这不是反应过激 |
[21:07] | – It’s the appropriate, balanced… – Tell me how this ends, Leo! | 这是合适的,正确的… 你知道结果会怎样吗 |
[21:10] | You want me to start something that may have serious repercussions | 我的决定会导致 不可测的严重后果 |
[21:12] | on American foreign policy for decades, but you don’t know how it ends! | 你根本不知道会发生什么事 |
[21:16] | We don’t always know how it ends! | 没人会知道明天会怎样! |
[21:29] | The Lincoln will be in position in a few hours | 林肯号数小时后就位 |
[21:31] | and then you are going to have to give the go ahead for the bombings. | 你必须给他们命令 |
[21:42] | Or what? | 否则? |
[21:48] | Let me know when Chairman Farad calls. I’ll be in the residence. | 法拉特打来告诉我 |
[21:56] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[22:21] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[22:24] | I’m sorry. Did I wake you? | 我吵醒你了? |
[22:27] | Mm. No. | 没 |
[22:33] | Still nothing? | 还没消息? |
[22:39] | Maybe I’m wrong. | 可能我错了 |
[22:42] | Maybe. | 可能 |
[22:43] | You think so? | 你觉得呢 |
[22:48] | Am I that predictable now? | 我还可以掌控局面吗 |
[22:49] | You were always that predictable. | 你永远是掌控大局的人 |
[22:59] | I could do what they want, make everyone feel better for a few days. | 我可以顺从他们 让日子好过点 |
[23:04] | Some nice aerial shots of things blowing up on CNN, a few charred bodies. | 导弹轰炸,烧焦的尸体 |
[23:10] | It’d be a hell of a lot easier. | 这样会简单得多 |
[23:12] | You want easier? | 你想要简单? |
[23:14] | I want Fitz to walk through my door tomorrow and give me a hard time about the Celtics. | 我想明天可以看见费兹 然后他告诉我波士顿打得很糟糕 |
[23:24] | You think they got a chance this year? | 他们今年还有机会吗 |
[23:27] | – Who? – Celtics. | 谁? 波士顿 |
[23:30] | They still need a big man and a reliable point guard, | 如果有好的中锋和后卫 |
[23:33] | but they might make a run for it. | 但他们至少可以赌一把 |
[23:35] | For a moment there, I was worried. | 你这样说让我很担心 |
[23:45] | Hey. | |
[23:47] | I nabbed the last two packages of peanut butter crackers out of the machine. | 我买了最后两包花生饼干 |
[23:51] | It was that or an old egg salad sandwich. | 如果有蛋治也行 |
[23:54] | I thought you went home. | 我以为你回家了 |
[23:55] | And pass up the 16th Street smorgasbord? | 还顺便去光顾新开的瑞典餐馆? |
[23:59] | I wouldn’t have been able to sleep anyway. | 反正我睡不着 |
[24:03] | I’m catching up on some work. | 回来找点事做 |
[24:05] | Mm, you’re going to need some water. | 喝点水 |
[24:08] | Maybe a fire hose. | 消防喉 |
[24:10] | Or a local reservoir. | 或者楼顶水池 |
[24:12] | How the hell do we always get dragged into these things? | 我们总是太匆忙 |
[24:15] | Why can’t I just sit on my patio, | 好想坐在院子里 |
[24:17] | barbecue some chicken and drink my diet Dr. Pepper in peace? | 安逸地享受喜欢的美食 |
[24:20] | You gonna finish those? | 那个还要不 |
[24:22] | Be my guest. | 随便你 |
[24:24] | You ever look around and think, | 你有否觉得 |
[24:27] | if we’re the ones in charge this country’s in a hell of a lot of trouble? | 自己就是那个掌管国家政策的人? |
[24:30] | Till I spend time with the other guys. | 和普通人在一起的时候觉得 |
[24:32] | They got a phone to Farad. The President’s talking to him now. | 总统在跟法拉特通话 |
[24:35] | I’m afraid that’s unacceptable, Mr. Chairman. | 这是不可能的,主席 |
[24:38] | If your security forces were to capture Nasan, we want him turned over to us. | 我们需要你移交纳萨给我们 |
[24:42] | The crime was committed in the Palestinian Territories. | 罪行是在巴勒斯坦领土发生的 |
[24:45] | The Territories aren’t a state. | 根本就没立国,何来领土 |
[24:47] | Trying Nasan in an American court | 把纳萨交给美国法庭 |
[24:49] | shows there are other means of seeking justice than Israeli missile strikes. | 表示此举并非示弱于以色列 而不过是寻求正义 |
[24:53] | This point can also be made in a Palestinian court. | 这同样适用于巴勒斯坦法庭 |
[24:56] | What Palestinian court? It’s three guys with loaded pistols and a Magic 8-Ball. | 什么法庭?不过是闹剧 |
[25:00] | Mr. Chairman, capturing Nasan and then turning him over to us | 拘捕纳萨并移交我方 |
[25:03] | would demonstrate to the Israelis and the world that you’re tough on terror. | 会让世界理解 你同样憎恶恐怖主义 |
[25:07] | That you know the difference between fighting for the Palestinian cause | 你应该知道对革命事业的狂热 |
[25:09] | and randomly attacking Americans. | 不等于随机袭击美国国民 |
[25:11] | All it would demonstrate is that the Palestinians are incapable of administering justice themselves. | 这会让外界认为巴勒斯坦 无能管理内部事务 |
[25:17] | Americans were killed, Mr. Chairman, this falls under our jurisdiction. | 有美国人被杀了 这已经是我们的事情 |
[25:21] | Even if you were to detain Nasan, we would ask that you extradite him. | 我们要求你必须引渡纳萨 |
[25:31] | Mr. Chairman? | 主席先生 |
[25:34] | These are difficult questions. | 我们还存在争议 |
[25:37] | Perhaps they should be a topic of discussion for our talks at Camp David. | 也许应该留待在大卫营再讨论 |
[25:41] | There won’t be any talks if Khalil Nasan isn’t delivered into US custody. | 如果纳萨不能移交我方 一切免谈 |
[25:47] | Mr. President, that makes things very difficult. Perhaps then, Mr. President… | 总统先生,这是强人所难 |
[25:53] | Sorry. | 抱歉,我们不能达成共识 |
[25:53] | …we will not be able to meet. | |
[26:07] | Mr. Chairman, if your security forces were to detain Nasan | 主席,如果你可以拘捕纳萨 |
[26:11] | and then turn him over to us secretly… | 然后秘密交于我方 |
[26:15] | we’d be happy to say that he was apprehended by the FBI. | 我们可以对外声称 这是FBI的秘密行动 |
[26:22] | Mr. Chairman? | 主席? |
[26:27] | I will discuss it with members of my government. | 我要跟我的幕僚讨论一下 |
[26:30] | And you’ll seriously consider it? | 你会认真考虑? |
[26:32] | I will discuss it. | 我会讨论 |
[26:34] | Thank you for your time, Mr. Chairman. | 谢谢,主席先生 |
[26:36] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[26:41] | Was that a yes or a no? | 这算答应了还是怎样? |
[26:42] | “Members of my government”? | 我的幕僚? |
[26:43] | I think he’s talking about two sock puppets and a Beanie Baby. | 他在说那些傀儡和酋长吗 |
[26:46] | He won’t do it. He can’t do it. | 他不会这样做的 |
[26:48] | He sounded like he was considering it. | 听起来似乎有希望 |
[26:49] | He was distracted, looking up Nasan’s number | 他在拖延时间 |
[26:51] | so he could warn him to get the hell out of Gaza. | 好把纳萨送出加沙 |
[26:52] | There’s no evidence linking Nasan to Farad or his government. | 没证据证明纳萨和 法拉特的政府有关 |
[26:55] | That’s only because we haven’t interrogated him yet. | 因为我们没有机会审问他而已 |
[26:56] | So now all Palestinians are terrorists? | 现在所有巴勒斯坦人 都是恐怖分子了? |
[26:58] | – If the kaffiyeh fits. – That’s enough. | 我这样觉得 够了 |
[27:00] | Thank you everybody. Go home, try to get some sleep. | 感谢各位,回去好好休息 |
[27:03] | – Thank you, sir. – Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢 谢谢,总统先生 |
[27:13] | Now what? | 现在怎样? |
[27:15] | We wait. | 等 |
[27:18] | The Lincoln Battle Group is almost… | 林肯号即将… |
[27:19] | We wait, Leo. | 等,里奥 |
[27:42] | So, you fly halfway around the world | 你飞过半个地球 |
[27:44] | at a moment’s notice, | 没有片刻犹豫 |
[27:47] | to rush to a woman’s bedside | 赶到一个女孩的床前 |
[27:50] | when the White House is facing off | 在白宫面临 |
[27:53] | a Biblical apocalypse? | 重大抉择的时候? |
[27:58] | We work together. | 我们一起工作 |
[27:59] | Past dalliance gone bad | 无疾而终的爱恋 |
[28:01] | or tragically unconsummated love | 还是未曾开始的单思 |
[28:05] | kept at arms length by | 因为美国人无聊的 |
[28:07] | puritanical American workplace ethics? | 职业操守阻隔两人的距离? |
[28:09] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你想说什么 |
[28:14] | There was this a girl when I was 16… No… 17. | 我16、17岁的时候遇到一个女孩 |
[28:19] | This when you were a bagman for the IRA? | 那时你还是IRA的一员? IRA:爱尔兰共和军 |
[28:21] | She was mad about me. Worshipped me, really. | 她很崇拜我 |
[28:24] | And I liked her, | 我也喜欢她 |
[28:27] | but I was off to University in Dublin and she was going to stay in Belfast, | 我要去都柏林读大学 她要留在贝尔法斯特 |
[28:31] | work in her dad’s shop. | 操持家业 |
[28:33] | This is taking too long. Isn’t this taking too long? | 很久了,怎么这么久? |
[28:35] | She wrote to me every single day, | 她每天写信给我 |
[28:39] | and she called weekends. And she… she was always there. | 周末来电话,没有间断 |
[28:43] | I took her for granted, you know? | 我是认真的 |
[28:49] | Mr. Lyman? | 莱曼先生? |
[28:52] | How’s she doing? | 她怎样了 |
[28:53] | We encountered a few difficulties during the procedure. | 手术有点麻烦 |
[28:55] | She lost a substantial amount of blood. | 她失血很多 |
[28:57] | We had to transfuse and call in a vascular surgeon to repair the tear. | 我们必须紧急输血然后修复伤口 |
[29:00] | Is she’s going to be all right? | 她会没事的对吗 |
[29:02] | She’s still unconscious. | 她仍然昏迷 |
[29:03] | As soon as she’s stabilized, we’ll send her off for an MRI. | 她稳定以后会送去做核磁共振 |
[29:06] | Between the anemia and low blood pressure, | 由于贫血和低血压 |
[29:08] | she may have suffered hypoxic brain injury. | 她有可能脑部受创 |
[29:11] | Decreased oxygen delivery can result in brain damage. | 脑部缺氧会导致永久损伤 |
[29:17] | They had to do some sort of operation and there were complications. | 他们还要做一些手术 有可能会出现并发症 |
[29:23] | I spoke to Josh. He’s pretty upset. | 我跟乔西通过电话,他很难受 |
[29:27] | – Can you get me Donna’s parents? – Yes, sir. | 帮我接唐娜的父母 遵命 |
[29:31] | We’ve heard nothing from Chairman Farad in over seven hours. | 7个小时没有消息了 |
[29:36] | General Alexander is waiting in the Sit Room. | 亚历将军还在等着 |
[29:39] | The Lincoln Carrier Group is in place. | 林肯号已经就位 |
[29:42] | Excuse me, Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[29:43] | What do you need, George? | 怎么了 |
[29:44] | Our FBI team in Gaza was just contacted by the Palestinian Security Forces. | 我们在加沙的分部 接到巴勒斯坦安全部门的电话 |
[29:48] | They have Khalil Nasan in custody, and they’d like to turn him over to us. | 他们准备移交纳萨给我们 |
[29:59] | Did it pass? | 通过了吗 |
[30:00] | House was 317 to 116. Senate 62 to 37. | 众院317对116,参院62对37 |
[30:04] | “Whereas acts of treacherous and unprovoked violence | 有鉴于无故针对美国国民的 |
[30:07] | have been committed against United States citizens…” | 袭击以及暴力行为 |
[30:09] | Just skip ahead to the parts that’re going to piss me off. | 直接说我关心的问题 |
[30:11] | That’s gonna be all of it really. | 全部都有关 |
[30:13] | “Whereas, inaction further threatens | 我们不能放松警惕 |
[30:15] | “the national security of these United States, | 美国本土及其盟国 |
[30:17] | “and there can be no meaningful peace in the Middle East | 以及中东地区无和平可言 |
[30:19] | “so long as such acts are sanctioned and committed… | 若恐怖行为继续进行 |
[30:22] | Here it comes. | 到重点了 |
[30:22] | “…and whereas, the President has both the authority and the imperative | 有鉴于此,总统有权力和义务 |
[30:26] | “to address and prevent such acts of terror against the United States”. | 必须尽全力阻止并预防 针对美国的恐怖袭击 |
[30:28] | “The President has both the authority and the imperative”? | 总统有权力和义务? |
[30:31] | That doesn’t sound so bad. | 不是很糟糕 |
[30:33] | It’s the Oxford Debating Society’s way of telling the President | 这不过是冠冕堂皇地警告 |
[30:35] | to get off his ass and do something, you feckless wimp. | 总统不要坐而无为 |
[30:39] | – Is she here? – Yes, sir. | 她在这里吗 是的 |
[30:40] | And the Prime Minister is waiting for your call in Tel Aviv. | 总理在等你的电话 |
[30:42] | – Okay. It passed? – Yes, sir. | 接通了? 是的 |
[30:44] | – How many Democrats against us? – Too many. | 多少民主党倒戈? 很多 |
[30:47] | But we swept the Vermont delegation, am I right? | 代表团可以成行吗 |
[30:49] | Actually, no. | 恐怕很难 |
[30:50] | “Both the authority and the imperative”? | 总统有权力和义务? |
[30:52] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[30:53] | They want peace but I have to blow something up first? | 他们要我带来和平 又要我去炸掉什么 |
[30:55] | I think they’re willing to haggle on the peace part. | 我想他们懂得取舍 |
[30:58] | That usually work in the past? How’s my tie? | 过去的惯例?我领带怎样? |
[31:01] | I would have gone with blue, sir. | 蓝色比较好 |
[31:02] | Charlie, get the Prime Minister on the phone. | 把总理接过来 |
[31:04] | Ms. Harper, head on in and look unhappy. | 夏帕小姐,表现得沮丧一点 |
[31:07] | Toby, I want you to call every Democrat that supported this resolution | 托比,联络每位民主党议员 |
[31:11] | and tell them that if they ever want White House support | 告诉他们如果需要白宫支持 |
[31:13] | for another rubber chicken fund-raiser | 下一次筹款晚宴 |
[31:15] | they had better start singing a rousing chorus of “Hail to the Chief.” | 他们最好不要拉后腿 |
[31:21] | Leo, head down to the Sit Room | 里奥,告诉亚历将军 |
[31:24] | and tell the Generals to keep their pistols in their pockets for the time being. | 不要轻举妄动 |
[31:29] | You don’t believe in this, Leo, and they’re not going to want to do it. | 里奥,我知道 你不相信我的决定 |
[31:33] | I can’t have them picking up any signals from you that we disagree. | 很抱歉我不能让 他们察觉你我的分歧 |
[31:37] | No, sir. | 当然 |
[31:44] | So, uh… Fields voted for it? | 菲德投了赞成票? |
[31:47] | Yeah, and Blinken, Worthington, Goffman. | 布肯,沃顿,葛夫曼 |
[31:51] | Wow. Goffman? | 葛夫曼? |
[31:52] | Sue Bordan’s on here, too. | 苏 波顿也是 |
[31:54] | Oh, she’s in a tough race with a knuckle-dragging D.A. from Lake Forest. | 她好像还跟检察官大打嘴仗 |
[31:58] | – Donna any better? – You’re on with Josh? | 唐娜怎样了? 你跟乔西说话? |
[32:00] | They can’t tell if there’s neurological damage for a couple days. | 过几天才知道受损情况 |
[32:04] | How is she? | 她怎样了 |
[32:05] | They won’t know anything for a couple of days. | 过几天才知道 |
[32:07] | Sir. | 先生 |
[32:10] | Oh, God, really? I don’t have a pacemaker or anything. | 天,这不是真的吧 |
[32:12] | Turn it off, now, sir. | 关掉,马上 |
[32:14] | Okay, sure. Lieutenant. | 当然 |
[32:16] | – Who’re you talking to? – Nurse Ratched. | 你跟谁说话? 护士 |
[32:17] | I gotta hang up. I’ll call back in a couple hours. | 我要挂了,迟点找你 |
[32:21] | The Palestinian Authority has detained Khalil Nasan | 法拉特答应将纳萨 |
[32:24] | and is prepared to turn him over to our FBI. | 交给我们处置 |
[32:27] | Farad’s promised to turn over terrorists before. | 他以前也说过这样的话 |
[32:31] | It’s a show of good faith on Chairman Farad’s part. | 至少他表示了诚意 |
[32:34] | An example of his renewed willingness to address the peace process. | 表达了他希望 重开和平谈判的决心 |
[32:42] | Mr. Prime Minister, | 总理阁下 |
[32:44] | the territories are undermining your legitimacy | 领土之争,会使世界关注 |
[32:47] | as a modern democracy and sapping your moral authority in the eyes of the world. | 你坚持民主制度的决心 和你作为领袖的道德操守 |
[32:52] | Farad is beholden to the very forces that wish to push us back into the sea. | 法拉特一心 要让我们回到大海里 |
[32:57] | It’s not a negotiating point for him. | 对他而言没什么好谈的 |
[32:59] | It’s a religious and moral imperative to take back all of Israel for Palestine. | 他只是要把所有 以色列的东西都夺回来 |
[33:05] | Sir, you cannot hold yourself out as the Promised Land | 你不能固步自封 |
[33:07] | while occupying the territories and oppressing other peoples. | 你的领土之内有很多 被压迫的人们 |
[33:11] | Our Arab citizens enjoy the most freedoms of any Arabs in the Middle East. | 我们的阿拉伯国民对比其他国家 得到的自由要更多 |
[33:16] | The Palestinians are oppressed as opposed to who? | 他们究竟是被谁压迫? |
[33:19] | We don’t stone women who refuse to wear head scarves in Tel Aviv. | 我们不会向穿着 不规范的妇女投石 |
[33:24] | Chairman Farad’s seen you’re almost done building the fence in the West Bank. | 你们在西岸兴建犹太人定居点 |
[33:29] | He’s about to lose half the Jordan Valley to unilateral settlement. | 法拉特将会失去约旦河的一半 |
[33:32] | If you agree to come to a summit with Farad | 如果你同意前来峰会 |
[33:35] | and he still refuses to reach an agreement, | 他依然拒绝达成任何协议 |
[33:38] | the United States is willing to publicly support Israeli actions | 美国会公开支持以色列的行动 |
[33:43] | to secure your homeland, | 保护领土安全 |
[33:45] | including the building of the fence. | 包括已经建成的定居点 |
[33:53] | Eli, why not sit down and talk again? | 给大家多一次机会吧 |
[33:58] | If Farad turns over this terrorist to you, | 如果法拉特真的交出了纳萨 |
[34:02] | I will take the offer to my cabinet. | 我会跟内阁商议 |
[34:06] | Thank you, Mr. Prime Minister. | 谢谢,总理先生 |
[34:08] | Good afternoon, Mr. President. | 下午好,总统先生 |
[34:16] | – Madam Ambassador. – Mr. President. | 大使 总统先生 |
[34:30] | I think we got ourselves a ball game. | 我想我们赢了第一局 |
[34:36] | Have you been to NSF Thurmont before? | 你有去过瑟蒙吗? 瑟蒙:大卫营所在地 |
[34:38] | Camp David, no. No, I haven’t. | 没,我没去过 |
[34:41] | – Ever been on Marine One? – No. No, I haven’t. | 海军一号上过没? 没有 |
[34:43] | – Like helicopters? – No, not really. I get airsick. | 喜欢直升飞机? 我害怕飞行 |
[34:47] | Okay. You can sit with Will. | 你跟威尔一样 |
[34:51] | I want you to stay here, hold down the Fort. I’ll call you when things heat up. | 你留在这里,有消息我通知你 |
[34:55] | Of course, Mr. President. | 当然 |
[34:57] | You still think this is a mistake. | 你仍然认为这是错误的 |
[34:59] | Yes, sir, I do. | 是的 |
[35:01] | As soon as the Palestinian delegation is on the ground at Andrews, | 巴勒斯坦代表团来了以后 |
[35:05] | give Alexander the go. | 叫亚历动手 |
[35:07] | Sir? | 先生? |
[35:08] | Tell the General to hit the Ein Hawa camp near Damascus. | 叫他攻击大马士革附近的训练营 |
[35:12] | What about Iran? | 伊朗怎办? |
[35:14] | I’ve looked at the intel file. I’m still not convinced. | 我不很肯定 |
[35:16] | You get something more, show it to me, and we’ll discuss it. | 给我更多资料再商量 |
[35:20] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[36:02] | Will Bailey. | 威尔 |
[36:03] | You guys do s’mores and strategic planning last night? | 你们做好准备没? |
[36:06] | Missiles and marshmallows. | 导弹和果浆软糖 |
[36:07] | President loves a good campfire. | 总统喜欢营火晚会 |
[36:09] | I should warn you– all his horror stories are about the Crusades. | 他很喜欢说十字军东征的故事 |
[36:12] | Yeah, well, so’s the morning paper. | 那他肯定上头条 |
[36:14] | Palestinians are wheels up. | 巴勒斯坦人来了 |
[36:18] | They do s’mores yet? | 他们做风俗调查了? |
[36:19] | That’s a great way to stop the summit before it starts: | 如果得罪了他们的风俗 |
[36:23] | feed them food with the consistency of industrial sealant. | 谈都不用谈了 |
[36:25] | Leo’s looking for you. | 里奥在找你 |
[36:26] | Try and get him up at Camp David. | 接去大卫营 |
[36:28] | He’s not at Camp David. He’s in his office. | 他不在那边,他在办公室 |
[36:34] | I thought you went up yesterday with the President. | 我以为你跟总统一道 |
[36:36] | A couple loose ends. We want the press corps down here. | 有些事情,我们需要新闻发布 |
[36:39] | We’re not going to the cozy inn? | 我们不去那边? |
[36:40] | President doesn’t want either side negotiating in print. | 总统不希望媒体参与进来 |
[36:43] | You walk ’em through a daily schedule, and that’s it. | 你通报一下日程安排就完事 |
[36:45] | No pool spray. | 没有温泉 |
[36:46] | They go to Camp David, | 他们过去 |
[36:47] | all they’re going to get is shots of tinted windows | 除了看到很多特色房子 |
[36:49] | and enough furrowed brows to start a Yiddish theater group. | 和没有表情的政治家 不会有任何收获 |
[36:52] | They’re ready for you. | 他们准备好了 |
[36:54] | We’re going to have an announcement in a couple of hours. | 几小时后做新闻简报 |
[36:56] | – What announcement? – I’ll find you when it’s time. | 什么简报? 到时候你就知道了 |
[37:06] | How far? | 跑了多远? |
[37:07] | Only have lungs for five miles. | 5里路 |
[37:09] | Buy a carton of Luckys. You can stay in bed next time. | 希望下次你不用参加 |
[37:16] | So much for permanent press. | 有很多大新闻 |
[37:18] | Prep group’s about to start up on the lower porch. | 媒体已经准备好了 |
[37:33] | Mr. President. They’re on their way. | 总统先生,他们到了 |
[37:55] | Did you come to a consensus? | 你们有共识没有 |
[37:57] | Only that Toby would give half his salary for a piece of asphalt | 只有托比会花很多钱在马路上 |
[38:00] | he could use to pummel the State Department. | 这是州政府的无能 |
[38:02] | You’re making a mess of it. Give me that. | 你乱来,给我 |
[38:04] | – What’s the sticking point? – What isn’t? | 你想说什么? 我想说 |
[38:05] | If we can’t agree, how do we expect them to? | 如果我们都不赞成 怎能期望说服他们 |
[38:08] | The Israelis just cleared our airspace. | 以色列人到了 |
[38:10] | Okay. | 好了 |
[38:33] | – Go get ’em, Cassius. – Thank you. | 来吧 谢谢 |
[38:48] | Mr. Prime Minister, welcome, and thank you for coming. | 欢迎,总理阁下 |
[38:51] | – Mr. President. – Maya, good to see you again. | 总统先生 幸会 |
[38:53] | – Mr. President. – Madame Galit. | 总统先生 大使女士 |
[38:56] | Have you met Defense Minister Mazar? | 这是我们的国防部长 |
[38:58] | Where are we, General? | 情况怎样?将军 |
[38:59] | Special forces are in place to paint the target. The planes are on the deck. | 特种部队已经做好指引准备 飞机随时起飞 |
[39:10] | First wave includes radar jamming prowlers, a Hawkeye, | 第一波攻击包括敌人的雷达设施 |
[39:13] | in-flight refueling, and an S-3 Viking. | 在补充燃料后,使用S-3导弹 |
[39:15] | How long till they reach the targets? | 多久到达目标上空 |
[39:17] | They’re at Mach 1.7. They’ll be dropping ordinance in 90 minutes. | 大概90分钟后开始空投 |
[39:35] | Round two. | 第二轮 |
[39:44] | Prime Minister Mukarat, thank you so much for coming. | 穆卡首相,幸会 |
[39:47] | – My pleasure. – Pleasure to meet you, sir. | 我的荣幸 幸会 |
[39:49] | – Chairman Farad, welcome. – Mr. President. | 法拉特主席 总统先生 |
[39:52] | Please join us here. | 这边请 |
[39:59] | They’re 30 minutes out, sir. Do we have the go? | 他们已经出发了 我们有最后命令吗? |
[40:03] | That’s a go. | 我视作默许 |
[40:04] | You going up to Camp David later? | 你不去大卫营那边? |
[40:06] | Maybe tomorrow. | 或许明天 |
[40:09] | You don’t mind my saying so, sir, | 请别介意 |
[40:10] | I hope the President knows how lucky he is to have you. | 总统有你的扶助是他的福气 |
[40:24] | Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming. | 各位,感谢前来 |
[40:39] | After fleeing his headquarters in Khan Unis, | 在捣毁其总部以后 |
[40:41] | Nasan was apprehended by FBI agents, working with Israel Defense Forces, | 纳萨被FBI特工 和以色列情报部门逮捕 |
[40:45] | as he attempted to cross into Israel yesterday. | 昨天纳萨企图潜入以色列 |
[40:48] | The prime suspect in the terrorist bombings of four U.S. citizens, | 作为日前恐怖袭击的头号嫌疑人 |
[40:52] | including two Congressmen and the retired Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, | 造成2位议员以及 前参谋长联席会议主席死亡 |
[40:56] | Nasan is a longtime supporter of Hamas, the Khanjari Martyrs | 纳萨长期从事恐怖活动 |
[41:00] | and its military splinter wing, “Light of Abudaka”. | 他的武装部队”阿布达卡之光” |
[41:04] | Nasan, a.k.a. Uzma Khalil and Shahab Khalil… | 纳萨外号… |
[41:07] | Josh. | 乔西 |
[41:07] | …is also wanted in connection with a 2002 car bombing in Nazarene, | 同时被指需要对2002年 巴勒斯坦汽车爆炸案负责 |
[41:12] | and a 1999 bombing in Rahajan that killed 26 Israelis. | 还有1999年 26名以色列游客的死亡 |
[41:15] | Josh. Josh? | 乔西,乔西? |
[41:24] | Hey… | |
[41:27] | You’re awake. | 你醒了 |
[41:31] | Your mom is here. | 你妈妈来了 |
[41:35] | Colin took her downstairs for some… | 柯林带她去买点吃的 |
[41:38] | I don’t know, for some… | 应该是 |
[41:40] | schnitzel or something. | 炸肉排什么的 |
[41:44] | You’re still here. | 你还在 |
[41:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:55] | I’m still here. |