时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:07] | Prime Minister Zahavy, Chairman Farad, and President Bartlet will hold. . . | 查哈维总理、福拉德总理 跟巴特勒总统 |
[00:11] | . . .a joint press conference to describe a tentative accord. . . | 会一起在玫瑰园举行记者会… |
[00:15] | . . .that’s been reached between the parties. | 说明双方协商的暂时性条约 |
[00:17] | Barracks security found Leo in the woods at Camp David. | 说明双方协商的暂时性条约 军方保全在大卫营的 森林里发现里奥 |
[00:20] | -They think it’s a heart attack. -You’ve got to keep him out of that job. | 他们认为是心脏病发 你要负责让他离开那个工作 |
[00:23] | He’ll kill himself for you if you don’t. | 如果你不这样做 他会因为你自杀的 |
[00:25] | There’s something I need you to do for me. | 如果你不这样做 他会因为你自杀的 我有些事需要妳的帮忙 |
[00:28] | -What’s that? -Jump off a cliff. | 我有些事需要妳的帮忙 什么事? 我要妳放手去做 剧名:新官上任 |
[00:46] | Morning. Staff Sergeant Keltie. This is Sergeant Wolitzer. | 早安,我是二等士官凯尔提 这位是渥立瑟士官 |
[00:49] | -Everything all right? -Sure. May we? | 没事吧? 当然,能进去吗? |
[00:51] | -It’s 5:30. -5:26 on mine. I’m gonna use this chair. | 没事吧? 当然,能进去吗? 现在才5点30 5点26分,我需要这把椅子 |
[00:55] | -We couldn’t do this at my office? -According to our logs. . . | 不能到我办公室谈吗? 根据我们的纪录 |
[00:58] | . . .you usually exit the building here. | 妳通常是从这里出去 |
[01:00] | -Right. -It’s easier to head out. . . | 没错 妳也许该考虑 |
[01:02] | . . .the West Gate. It’s closer for your parking. You have to time that. | 没错 妳也许该考虑 从西面出口离开 离车位比较近,妳得计时看看 |
[01:06] | But in the event of a situation, we’ll need you to exit here. | 但在发生状况时 我们需要妳从这里离开 |
[01:09] | -Ms. Cregg? -I’m listening. | 葛瑞小姐? 我在听 |
[01:11] | -What situation? -A nuclear attack. | 葛瑞小姐? 我在听 什么状况? 核弹攻击 |
[01:13] | -Are we expecting one? -Any attack. But nuclear tops the list. | 什么状况? 核弹攻击 有确实消息吗? 任何攻击都有,但核弹最可能 |
[01:17] | You’ll exit here, directly to Marine One. | 妳从这里离开 搭上海军陆战队一号 |
[01:19] | You’ll sit at S-5, behind the president, to the left of the NSA. | 妳坐在S5位置 总统后面,国家安全局左边 |
[01:22] | -And they’ll evacuate you. -Okay. | 妳会被撤离到安全地点 好的 |
[01:24] | If there is a situation in your home, make your way with all due haste. . . | 妳会被撤离到安全地点 好的 如果妳家里发生状况 请妳马上离开 |
[01:28] | . . .to this field, off Denville Road. | 到丹维利路上的这个球场 |
[01:30] | -It’s a mile to the south. -A field. | 到丹维利路上的这个球场 在南方一哩远处 球场? |
[01:32] | -A pasture. -I’ll be standing with cows. | 在南方一哩远处 球场? 比较像草地 跟牛站在一起? |
[01:35] | Horses. They’ll scoot as soon as the copter shows up. | 几匹马而已 直升机一来牠们就会离开 |
[01:37] | Won’t be more than three minutes from code call to liftoff. | 从发出警告到起飞 时间不会超过三分钟 |
[01:42] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[01:44] | -Morning. -No. | 不好意思 早安 不行 |
[01:45] | Sorry. Agents DeCastro and Shay. | 早安 不行 抱歉,迪卡斯多及夏伊探员 |
[01:47] | -I don’t need Secret Service. -They’ll give you a wide berth. | 抱歉,迪卡斯多及夏伊探员 我不需要密勤局 他们不会干扰妳的 |
[01:50] | -Could we please discuss this? -Not really. | 我们能讨论一下吗? 不行 |
[01:52] | Have you got a spare room or a basement or something? | 我们能讨论一下吗? 不行 妳有空房间或地下室吗? |
[01:54] | They’re gonna need a place to sleep. | 他们需要睡觉的地方 |
[02:03] | -You’re not waiting, right? -I just knocked. | 你不是在等我吧? 我才敲了门 |
[02:06] | -You okay? -In an emergency. . . | 妳没事吧? 紧急状况时 |
[02:08] | . . .I stand in a field with a cow and wait to be airlifted. | 妳没事吧? 紧急状况时 我得跟牛站在草地上 等著被撤离 |
[02:11] | -Hey. There she is. -Morning, sir. | 她来了 早安,长官 |
[02:13] | -Good morning. -Excited? | 她来了 早安,长官 早安,总统 兴奋吗? |
[02:14] | Absolutely. Berlin’s your first call. | 早安,总统 兴奋吗? 当然,柏林第一个打来 |
[02:16] | They’re angling for the Baltic shipping deal. We can’t make it happen. | 当然,柏林第一个打来 他们要谈波罗的海航运问题 我们不能答应 |
[02:19] | Hit the ground running. | 动作还真快 |
[02:21] | I won’t be in the security briefing. I’ve got paperwork with the CIA. . . | 动作还真快 我不会参加国安简报 我得跟中情局处理文件 |
[02:25] | . . .but NSC will get me up to speed. | 但国安局会跟我报告情况 |
[02:27] | Sky’s falling, damage estimate to follow. | 但国安局会跟我报告情况 天都快塌了 我们得估计损失 |
[02:29] | -Yes, sir. -You’ll be great. | 天都快塌了 我们得估计损失 是的,长官 妳没问题的 |
[02:30] | -Thank you, Mr. President. -She’s gonna be great. | 是的,长官 妳没问题的 谢谢你,总统先生 她不会有问题的 |
[02:34] | -Is she nervous? -No, she looks fine. | 她紧张吗? 不,她看来不错 |
[02:36] | Oh, that’s good. I’d be apoplectic. | 她紧张吗? 不,她看来不错 那真的太棒了 要是我,早就兴奋到发疯了 |
[02:39] | Let’s keep it light today. Anything you can, hold till next week. | 今天放轻松一点 能延到下星期的事就尽量延 |
[02:42] | -On it. -Check the hospital. | 没问题 跟医院联络 |
[02:44] | See if Leo’s up to a phone call. | 没问题 跟医院联络 看里奥能不能接电话 |
[02:49] | This is Ellroy. He brings briefing books. You’re gonna be friends. | 这位是艾洛伊 他带了简报纪录,你们认识一下 |
[02:52] | -These are this week’s? -These are today’s. | 这是本周的简报? 这是今天的 |
[02:54] | -Ready? -I told Josh to be there. . . | 好了吗? 我请乔西过去 |
[02:56] | -. . .in case you need backup. -I don’t need backup. | 好了吗? 我请乔西过去 以免你要支援,他大概忘了 我不用支援 |
[02:59] | Try to keep a tight rein. I’m not the story, Leo’s not. | 把重点放在主题上 我跟里奥都不是主角 |
[03:02] | I know. Camp David’s the story. Stop worrying. | 我知道,大卫营才是主角 别担心了 |
[03:07] | Let me have that. | 我喝一口 |
[03:19] | -Good morning. -Morning. | 早安 早安 |
[03:24] | This will be my last briefing as White House press secretary. | 这是我最后一次 以白宫发言人的身分进行简报 |
[03:28] | Toby Ziegler will be filling in until the president names a replacement. | 托比齐格会暂时代替我 直到总统公布新人选为止 |
[03:32] | I’ll ask you to please be kind to him. . . | 请大家对他好一点 |
[03:34] | . . .and if you can’t be kind, at least speak slowly. | 如果办不到 至少话说慢一点 |
[03:37] | These past six years working for this exceptional group of journalists– | 过去六年来 跟这群优秀记者一起工作… |
[03:42] | I’m sorry. Thank you. | 抱歉,谢谢 |
[03:44] | Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States. | 抱歉,谢谢 各位先生女士 欢迎美国总统 |
[03:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:50] | After bypass surgery at Bethesda Naval Hospital 36 hours ago. . . | 谢谢 36小时前在贝什斯达海军医院 动过心脏绕道手术后 |
[03:55] | . . .I’m relieved to announce that Leo McGarry is in stable condition. . . | 我很高兴宣布 里奥马加瑞的状况稳定 |
[03:58] | . . .and headed for a full recovery. | 而且将会完全康复 |
[04:00] | Though he will always be a very valuable part of this administration. . . | 而且将会完全康复 虽然他在这执政团队里 举足轻重 |
[04:04] | . . .he will not be returning to his post. I’m pleased and terribly proud. . . | 但他将不会重返工作岗位 我很高兴,也非常骄傲的 |
[04:08] | . . .to announce that, effective immediately. . . | 宣布此一派职令马上生效 |
[04:10] | . . .the position of White House chief of staff. . . | 白宫幕僚长一职 |
[04:13] | . . .will be filled by Claudia Jean Cregg. | 将由茜洁葛瑞担任 |
[04:16] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:玛丽马科麦克 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:吉米史密兹 主演:马丁辛 |
[05:18] | -Marburg Fever. -And it’s a virus? | 马堡热 是病毒吗? |
[05:19] | -Six cases so far. AP heard it in Ecuador. -You’re telling her this. . . | 马堡热 是病毒吗? 六起病例,美联社在厄瓜多发现 妳是以发言人… |
[05:23] | -. . .as press secretary or chief of staff? -Both. | 或是幕僚长的身分告诉她呢? 都有 |
[05:25] | -We’ll have something. Ask AP to wait. -That was press secretary. | 我们会想出办法,叫美联社等一等 那是发言人的语气 |
[05:29] | -CDC. -Call CDC, Immigration, DOH. | 疾病管制局 通知疾管局,移民局跟卫生部 |
[05:32] | Give them what you have. Set up a conference call for me. | 把手边的资料给他们 帮我安排视讯通话 |
[05:35] | C.J., do you want me in? I’m not sure where to sit. | 茜洁,妳要我加入吗? 我不知道该坐哪 |
[05:37] | Oh, God, right. | 天啊,对 |
[05:40] | Toby’s gonna need you. | 托比需要妳 |
[05:41] | -That’s fine. -Just for the next couple of days. | 托比需要妳 没关系 几天而已 |
[05:48] | People shouldn’t be sending me flowers. | 大家不该送花给我的 |
[05:50] | They’re for Leo. | 那是给里奥的花 |
[05:58] | -I’m sorry about the stuff. -Don’t worry about it. | 抱歉这里很乱 别担心 |
[06:02] | -You need coffee or anything? -I’m fine. Let’s do it. | 妳要咖啡吗? 不用了,开始吧 |
[06:05] | CIA briefer’s on his way. | 中情局简报员正要过来 |
[06:06] | Security will be by for a palm print and an eye scan. | 中情局简报员正要过来 安全人员会来帮妳做 掌纹跟眼部扫瞄 |
[06:09] | President’s got Treasury in 10 minutes. You’re on the call. | 总统十分钟内要跟财政部谈 妳必须参加 |
[06:12] | EPA’s waiting for feedback on the Clean Air markup. | 环境保护局在等 空气清新法案的结果 |
[06:15] | Armed Forces is coming about a budget boost for the peacekeeping tour. | 军方要来谈有关 维和部队的预算增加 |
[06:18] | They forgot to factor in food for the troops. | 他们忘了编列伙食费 |
[06:21] | -And this gets us to. . . . -8:45. | 这样就会到… 8点45分 |
[06:24] | I’m not commenting. | 不予置评 |
[06:25] | NATO’s expressing reluctance to contribute troops. . . | 不予置评 北约不愿增加… |
[06:28] | . . .to the peacekeeping effort. | 维和部队的兵力 |
[06:30] | The Secretary General of NATO, the president is speaking with him. . . | 维和部队的兵力 制片:艾莉亚提 总统正在跟北约秘书长谈 |
[06:35] | . . .the Secretary General of NATO, this afternoon. | 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 安德鲁史登 今天下午他会跟北约秘书长谈 |
[06:37] | There’s verbal support and there’s boots on the ground. | 会有口头上的支持 并增加人员布署? |
[06:40] | I’m not commenting on a negotiation before it happens. | 我不能评论还没进行的协商 |
[06:43] | -Can we do this without them? -Not commenting. | 我们能自己来吗? 不予置评 |
[06:45] | If NATO’s out, would the president reconsider the U.N.? | 如果北约撤守,总统会考虑 联合国的维安行动吗? |
[06:48] | I do not have an answer. | 我无法回答 |
[06:49] | Can you point us towards a subject you’re commenting on? | 我无法回答 你能告诉我们 你能评论的有什么吗? |
[06:52] | Can you find out where counsel put the DOD analysis? | 你知道顾问们把 国防部的分析放哪吗? |
[06:55] | Will Cregg’s role be the same as Leo McGarry’s? | 葛瑞的角色 会跟里奥马加瑞一样吗? |
[06:57] | Title, parking spot, gym membership. | 头衔、停车场、健身会员 |
[06:59] | She’s not coming in with any national-security experience. | 头衔、停车场、健身会员 她并没有国安方面的经验 |
[07:02] | The president has a flock of national-security professionals. . . | 总统有一大堆国安专家 |
[07:06] | . . .to address his questions and the chief of staff’s. | 回答他跟幕僚长的问题 |
[07:09] | We’re about to stage a military action– | 但我们正要采取军事行动… |
[07:11] | A military incursion into the most entrenched conflict on the planet. | 在冲突最激烈的地区 进行军事入侵行动 |
[07:15] | Cregg’s not the only one without a net. | 葛瑞并非唯一没有经验的人 |
[07:18] | Oh, no, no. | 不… |
[07:20] | -We’re confident– -You said nobody has experience. . . | 我们相信… 你说针对这样的入侵行动 |
[07:23] | -… with this kind of incursion. -The Pentagon has… | 大家都没有经验 五角大厦有 |
[07:25] | …as do the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the NSC. | 参谋首长联席会议 跟国安局也都有 |
[07:28] | But in the event they lose their way, the president can send… | 如果他们不知道该怎么做 总统还可以派… |
[07:31] | … C.J. Cregg to Ramallah to swat at suicide bombers with her purse. | 茜洁葛瑞到蓝马拉 用她的皮包攻击自杀炸弹客 |
[07:37] | Nobody has a portfolio? | 没有人有经验? |
[07:39] | Oh, good Lord. | 没有人有经验? 天啊 |
[07:41] | My purse?! Page Carol! Get him the hell out of there! | 我的皮包?呼叫卡萝 要他给我下来 |
[07:45] | -Who has the quote? -I got, “The president can send… | 谁能引述他所说的? 〝总统会派…〞 |
[07:47] | … C.J. Cregg to Ramallah to swat at suicide bombers with her purse. “ | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 〝茜洁葛瑞到蓝马拉 用她的皮包攻击自杀炸弹客〞 |
[07:51] | Toby! | 托比 |
[07:53] | You don’t have to brief. You’re better with written material. | 托比 你不必做简报 你比较适合写新闻稿 |
[07:56] | -We can flood them with press releases. -How’d it go? | 我们能用媒体稿冲昏他们 我的表现如何? |
[07:59] | -Fine. -Missed it. | 编剧:黛柏拉康 很好 我错过了 |
[08:01] | Well, there’ll be others. | 很好 我错过了 下次还有机会 |
[08:03] | I’m thinking about the substance-abuse initiative. | 导演:亚力克葛拉夫斯 我想到吸毒的议题 |
[08:06] | What do you say we send C.J. to Compton? | 我们何不送茜洁到康普顿? |
[08:08] | Have her swat drug lords with her purse? | 要她拿皮包攻击毒贩? |
[08:10] | It was an ambush. They love an opportunity like this. | 那是个埋伏 他们喜欢这样的机会 |
[08:13] | If they could dance around me with a pig’s head, they would. | 若他们能拿猪头串竹杆 绕著我跳舞,他们会那么做的 |
[08:16] | -How’s it going? -Well. Well. | 情况如何? 非常好 |
[08:18] | Pat Quigley wants to know if you’re interested in a conversation. | 情况如何? 非常好 派特魁格利想知道 你有没有兴趣跟他谈 |
[08:22] | -The Policy Institute? -A job offer. | 智库? 工作机会 |
[08:23] | -I’ve gotten five of these today. -Job offers. | 智库? 工作机会 今天有五个人跟我提过了 工作机会 |
[08:26] | -It’s that kind of day. -She’s ready. | 今天都会是这样的 她准备好了 |
[08:27] | -C.J. doing okay? -She’s fine. She’s a pro. | 今天都会是这样的 她准备好了 茜洁还好吧? 她很好,她是专业人士 |
[08:30] | Like a ninja with a Prada clutch. | 像是拿著名牌皮包的忍者 |
[08:35] | -Men of valor. -It was an ambush. | 勇敢的男人 那是个埋伏 |
[08:36] | -I say we move past it. -I’ve never seen you sling anything. . . | 勇敢的男人 那是个埋伏 我想就别提了吧 我没看过妳丢其他东西 |
[08:40] | . . .but a briefcase loaded with 30 pounds. . . | 妳的皮包里只装了30磅的 |
[08:42] | . . .of legislative detritus, not your lipstick or your hankie. | 立法碎石 而不是装口红或手帕 |
[08:46] | -Jump right over it. -I’m just– | 别说了 我只是… |
[08:48] | -Shut up. -Okay. | 闭嘴 好吧 |
[08:50] | -Hey, how’s he doing? -Leo? Awake and cranky. | 他还好吗? 里奥吗?醒了但心情不佳 |
[08:53] | -Sounds about right. -You started senior staff? | 听起来就像他 要开始资深团队会议? |
[08:55] | I guess we did. Why don’t we. . . | 我想是吧,我们何不… |
[08:59] | -. . .go ahead and sit. -The intel estimates. Did you–? | 先坐下呢? 情报评估,妳… |
[09:01] | I’m sure I didn’t. | 我相信我没有看过 |
[09:03] | Leo likes to glance at the top sheets before senior staff. . . | 我相信我没有看过 里奥喜欢在资深团队会议前 看一下首页 |
[09:06] | . . .circle anything he has questions about. | 圈选出他想讨论的事项 |
[09:08] | That way, NSC can pull material for the afternoon briefing. | 那样子国安局 可以找出下午简报的资料 |
[09:11] | We can wait. Go ahead. | 我们可以等,妳请便 |
[09:31] | -Okay. We’ll set aside some extra time. -Thank you. | 好吧,下次我多安排一些时间 谢谢 |
[09:35] | We also try and cover the lunch order before senior staff. | 我们还会在资深团队会议前 讨论午餐要吃什么 |
[09:39] | -Leo likes a roast turkey sandwich. -That’s fine. | 里奥喜欢火鸡三明治 听起来不错 |
[09:45] | -Mayo? -Tell me we can talk about this later. | 美奶滋呢? 我们待会再谈,好吗? |
[09:50] | -Hi. Press secretaries. -Can I apologize again? | 发言人 我能再次道歉吗? |
[09:53] | No, but let’s move finding my replacement from priority three to one. | 不能,但寻找新发言人 要从第三优先事项移到第一 |
[09:57] | Short list, four or five good choices. | 人选不必太多,四到五人即可 |
[09:59] | D Triple C’s coming to talk about the election. | 民主议会竞选委员会 要来谈选举的事 |
[10:01] | -Vulnerable seats? -Josh, sit down with Will. | 危险席次? 乔西,大概了解之后跟威尔一起去 |
[10:04] | -It’s gonna be Merridy. -Josh can do it. | 交给我,他们应该会派梅瑞迪 乔西可以应付 |
[10:06] | -Merridy hates him. -Josh is gonna meet with D Triple C. . . | 梅瑞迪恨他 乔西得跟他们开会 |
[10:09] | . . .and sit with Will. There’s fundraising trips for the VP. | 跟威尔一起去 还有副总统的募款之旅 |
[10:12] | Get to me sooner rather than later. | 需要的话请早说 |
[10:14] | Our campaign office has him double-booked. | 需要的话请早说 竞选办公室已经帮他 双重预约了 |
[10:16] | -Toby, Marburg virus. -Not that I know of. | 托比,马堡病毒 我不知道 |
[10:18] | Outbreak in Ecuador. CDC’s setting up a border-screening plan. | 在厄瓜多爆发疫情 疾管局要在进行边境管制 |
[10:21] | Make sure we don’t seem panicked. | 确保我们看起来不会手足无措 |
[10:23] | Let me say what would’ve been best articulated an hour ago. | 确保我们看起来不会手足无措 我们来谈谈 一小时前我们该发表的评论 |
[10:26] | The peacekeeping plan is still vulnerable. This place needs to reek of competence. | 维和计划仍然很脆弱 我们需要散发出能胜任的气息 |
[10:30] | Avoid further implications that the president’s in over his head. | 最好避免让人有 总统无法处理的想法 |
[10:34] | -“Working without a net. ” -I think that’s it. | 〝没有经验〞 就是那句话 |
[10:36] | We’re all working without a net today. Thanks. | 今天我们大家都〝没有经验〞 谢谢 |
[10:42] | C.J. Wow, this is hard. | 茜洁,这真的很难启齿 |
[10:47] | I couldn’t be happier that you got this gig. | 我很高兴妳得到这个职位 |
[10:49] | But I think it’s just time for me to go. | 但我想我该离开了 |
[10:52] | Six years is a. . . . I just think it’s time for me to move on. | 六年了…我想我该换换跑道 |
[10:56] | This is my letter of resignation to the president. | 这是我要给总统的辞呈 |
[10:59] | I don’t wanna pile on, but working for one of my closest friends. . . | 我不想雪上加霜 但为我的好朋友之一工作 |
[11:04] | -. . .is not gonna bring out my best. -Josh. | 无法让我发挥长处 乔西 |
[11:08] | You can’t. . . . | 你们不能… |
[11:11] | -Sorry to barge in. -Mr. President, can I have a minute? | 抱歉闯进来 总统先生,能等一下吗? |
[11:14] | I’ll make this quick. I don’t know if I’m comfortable. . . | 我长话短说 我不知道我能不能习惯 |
[11:17] | . . .working this closely with a woman. Maybe it’s time for me to call it a day. . . | 跟女人这么密切合作 或许我该宣布退休 |
[11:21] | . . .give the VP a chance to steer the ship. | 让副总统有机会领导国政 |
[11:31] | You’re weak. You have a weak will. | 你们真是没用 |
[11:33] | You should’ve seen if she pulled the Continuity of Government plan. | 你们该看她会不会搬出 政府施政连续性之类的话 |
[11:36] | He cracked up at the suggestion of the VP. | 你一提到副总统他就笑了 |
[11:38] | I had a whole thing on spending time with my kids, and I went up! | 我本来要说我需要跟孩子相处 但我实在忍不住 |
[11:42] | -You are bad, bad men. -In the service of a vengeful god. | 你们都是坏男人 单纯只是报复而已 |
[11:45] | On behalf of the vice president and myself. . . | 我代表副总统跟我本人 |
[11:47] | . . .and every man who’s ever had a Wonder Woman fantasy. . . | 以及所有幻想过 神力女超人的男人 |
[11:50] | -. . .it’s a bright day. -Get out. | 今天真是美好 滚出去 |
[11:55] | -Margaret, we behind yet? -Very. | 玛格丽特,我们进度落后了吗? 严重落后 |
[11:58] | -Toby. -We need press-secretary candidates. | 托比 我们需要发言人的人选 |
[12:01] | -Pull some résumés. -This is the list. | 找一下履历表 这是推荐名单 |
[12:03] | -These are the résumés. -You always do that? | 这些是履历表 妳都这么做吗? |
[12:05] | C.J. keeps an “in case I get hit by a bus” file. | 茜洁有一个 〝万一我被巴士撞到〞的档案 |
[12:08] | You’ve got appointments with the top choices. | 你今天跟前几名人选有约 |
[12:10] | Spokesmen from State, Interior. . . . | 国务院发言人、内政部… |
[12:12] | -This is a nightmare. -I’ll help. Let me see. | 这是场恶梦 我来帮忙,让我看看 |
[12:14] | Haffley’s in your office. Time, time. | 海夫立在你的办公室,快点 |
[12:19] | Here. | 拿去吧 |
[12:20] | Donna will help. | 拿去吧 唐娜会帮忙的 |
[12:24] | Nice briefing. | 很不错的简报 |
[12:26] | -C.J. -Thank you. | 茜洁 谢谢 |
[12:29] | That was something, everyone pretending to resign. | 大家假装辞职真是太过分了 |
[12:32] | Bless their cotton socks. | 愿神保佑他们 |
[12:36] | But you know I’m actually leaving, right? | 但妳知道我真的要离开吧? |
[12:40] | Leo’s gonna be doing something, and it’s a long time I’ve worked for him. | 里奥会有新的工作 我为他工作已经很久了 |
[12:44] | -I just can’t imagine– -Margaret. | 我无法想像… 玛格丽特 |
[12:46] | Sure. Sorry. | 我无法想像… 玛格丽特 当然,对不起 |
[12:49] | Mr. Roman Mindeli from the Republic of Georgia in the Roosevelt Room. | 乔治亚共和国的罗曼明戴利先生 在罗斯福室等妳 |
[12:53] | -Good morning. -Thank you. | 早安 谢谢 |
[12:55] | Good morning to you. | 早安 |
[12:59] | -You okay there? -Would be better on left hand. | 你还好吧? 早知道就用左手 |
[13:04] | -Important documents. -Of course. | 重要文件 当然 |
[13:07] | I wanted to speak with Mr. McGarry. | 我要见马加瑞先生 |
[13:11] | This is gift I bring for him. Saperavi. | 这是我为他带来的礼物 晚红蜜酒 |
[13:15] | -From my own vines. -You’re a winemaker? | 用我自己种的葡萄酿的 你是个酒商? |
[13:20] | Former Economic Advisor to Georgia President Rustaveli. | 我是乔治亚总统 鲁斯塔维利的前任经济顾问 |
[13:25] | -You want taste? -Oh, no, it’s a little early. l– | 妳要喝喝看吗? 不,现在还早,我… |
[13:31] | -Did Josh Lyman put you up to this? -President Rustaveli sent me. . . | 是乔西赖曼要你来的吗? 鲁斯塔维利总统派我来的 |
[13:34] | . . .with important offer, but I wish to speak it with Mr. McGarry. | 要谈一件很重要的事 但我想跟马加瑞先生谈 |
[13:39] | Mr. McGarry’s been ill, so I’m afraid you’re gonna have to speak it with me. | 马加瑞先生不幸生病了 你恐怕得跟我谈 |
[13:47] | Most top-secret? | 最高机密? |
[13:50] | President Rustaveli wants to offer. . . | 鲁斯塔维利总统想要… |
[13:55] | . . .United States gift of uranium. | 送给美国铀原料 |
[14:02] | Highly enriched. | 非常精炼的铀原料 |
[14:04] | -To your government. -Uranium? | 送给你们的政府 铀? |
[14:06] | -Like, to make bombs. -We do not wish to make bombs. | 制造炸弹的铀? 我们不想制造炸弹 |
[14:10] | We give to you. You make what you want. | 我们把它送给你们 你们想做什么都行 |
[14:13] | -Can you excuse me just one moment? -Yes. | 请你稍等一下 好的 |
[14:15] | -I open this, show you maps. -That’s great. | 我来打开这个,让妳看地图 太棒了 |
[14:23] | Is this like the two-weeks’-notice gang? | 这是辞职通知那一套把戏吗? |
[14:26] | -Hey. -Is Inspector Clouseau your idea? | 嘿 妙探长,是你的点子吗? |
[14:28] | -What? -You and Toby didn’t send a guy to– | 什么? 你跟托比没有派人… |
[14:30] | -Did he proposition you? -No. | 他跟妳求婚吗? 没有 |
[14:32] | He tried to give me his collection of highly enriched– | 他跟妳求婚吗? 没有 他说要送我精纯的… |
[14:35] | What? | 什么? |
[14:37] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[14:39] | -This is happening. -What? | 这是真的 什么? |
[14:41] | Margaret, get the National Security Advisor right away. | 玛格丽特,马上通知国安顾问 |
[14:45] | Is there a problem? | 有问题吗? |
[14:46] | I’ve got an emissary from the Republic of Georgia. . . | 有问题吗? 有一个乔治亚共和国的使节 |
[14:49] | . . .offering me a load of weapons-grade uranium. | 要送我武器等级的铀原料 |
[14:51] | I’m gonna go with yes. | 我得答应他 |
[15:00] | -I’ll wait. -They’ve got 300 kilograms. . . | 我可以等 他们有三百公斤 |
[15:02] | . . .of weapons-grade uranium the Soviets left when they pulled out. | 武器等级的铀 是苏联人在离开时留下来的 |
[15:06] | -That’s what? -Enough for 10, maybe 15 bombs. | 那约有多少? 够制造10到15颗炸弹 |
[15:09] | Margaret, I need a meeting with the Secretary of State, Energy, Defense. . . | 玛格丽特,明天开会帮我约 国务卿、能源部、国防部 |
[15:12] | . . .the J.C.S. and CIA tomorrow. You’ll brief everybody? | 明天参谋首长联席会跟中情局 妳能做简报吗? |
[15:15] | We tried to take this stuff in ’92. | 我们在92年时 试著取得这批原料 |
[15:17] | -Didn’t wanna part with it. -Because? | 但他们不想放手 为什么? |
[15:19] | If things got rough, they could build a nuke. | 如果出了麻烦 他们就可以制造核弹 |
[15:22] | They’re not. It’s just sitting there. . . | 他们没那么做 只是把它放在那里 |
[15:24] | . . .behind what he’s describing as a padlock. | 随便拿个锁把它锁住 |
[15:26] | -A miracle it wasn’t boosted. -The Russians don’t guard it? | 没被偷走真是个奇迹 俄国人不看管它吗? |
[15:29] | They gave them the padlock. Yeah? Thank you. | 他们只是锁著而已 什么?谢谢 |
[15:33] | Mindeli’s been at the Iranian embassy twice in the last three days. | 明戴利在过去三天以来 去过伊朗大使馆两次 |
[15:36] | We are not the only ones who got this offer. | 我们不是唯一的送礼对象 |
[15:39] | Margaret, that meeting’s gotta be today. | 玛格丽特,今天就得跟他们开会 |
[15:44] | Hi. Come on in. | 你好,请进 |
[15:46] | I’m Donna Moss. This is Toby Ziegler. | 我是唐娜摩斯,他是托比齐格 |
[15:49] | You’re Dan, right? From State? | 你是丹?来自国务院? |
[15:51] | -Yes, Dan Edmunds. -Thanks for coming in. | 对,丹艾德蒙斯 谢谢你过来 |
[15:53] | Good to meet you. You want me up here? | 很高兴能见到你们 要我站上去吗? |
[15:55] | That’d be great. | 那再好不过了 |
[15:58] | Toby’s gonna ask you a few questions. Just pretend he’s 150 reporters. | 托比会问你一些问题 就当他是150位记者 |
[16:02] | The U.N. seems to have ruled out sending troops to help us with peacekeeping. | 联合国似乎否决派兵 协助我们从事维和工作 |
[16:06] | What’s the administration gonna do? | 政府有什么对策? |
[16:08] | The North Atlantic Council has made, and will continue to make. . . | 北约已经做出决定 并且会继续在… |
[16:11] | . . .determinations in regard to burden-sharing. . . | 分担责任方面 展现他们的决心 |
[16:14] | . . .and a great many factors weigh upon those determinations. | 有许多因素都会影响这个决心 |
[16:18] | It’s premature to prejudge what the council, in its deliberative fashion. . . | 现在要判断北约 是否会审慎扮演它的角色 |
[16:22] | . . .of fully appropriate to its role as a deliberative body. . . | 仍属言之过早 |
[16:25] | . . .may or may not have predetermined out of any zeal. . . | 我们无法事先预测 |
[16:29] | . . .to ascertain the precise nature of those deliberations. | 他们这些行动背后的涵意 |
[16:33] | This is gonna be a long day. | 这将会是漫长的一天 |
[16:37] | -Need to schedule. -I’m seeing the president. | 我们得谈谈行程 我正要去见总统 |
[16:39] | -You have a door in your office. -Let me see. | 妳知道妳办公室有个门… 我看看 |
[16:45] | Looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[16:46] | The chief of staff clears the president’s schedule. | 幕僚长批准总统的行程 |
[16:49] | The chief of staff knows every meeting. . . | 幕僚长清楚所有的会议 |
[16:51] | . . .and gets the information the president will get before he does. | 而且在总统之前 取得所有相关的资料 |
[16:54] | In that case, get me briefed on this one and this. | 这么说的话 帮我做这个跟这个的简报 |
[16:58] | Push the 1:45 to next week. | 把1点45分的约会 改到下星期 |
[17:00] | -And this shouldn’t even exist. Cancel it. -Fiderer. | 这根本不该存在,取消它 费德洛 |
[17:03] | -Better. -Secretary of Defense for the president. | 好极了 国防部长要见总统 |
[17:06] | Unscheduled. | 没有预约 |
[17:08] | The chief of staff clears phone calls. Know what the call’s about? | 幕僚长过滤所有未预约的来电 弄清楚来电用意 |
[17:11] | -Ask what it is. -May I ask what it’s in reference to? | 问他有什么事 请问有什么事? |
[17:15] | The president’s unavailable, but he should call me. . . | 告诉他总统没空 请他先打电话给我 |
[17:17] | . . .and let me know what it’s about. | 让我知道是什么事情 |
[17:19] | -Thanks. -Just today. | 谢谢 只有今天而已 |
[17:21] | -Tomorrow you’re on your own. -He’s on a call. Can I direct you. . . | 明天妳得靠自己 总统他正在讲电话 |
[17:25] | -. . .to the chief of staff? -Mr. President? | 能转接给幕僚长吗? 总统先生 |
[17:27] | That’s what they tell me. | 大家都这么称呼我 |
[17:29] | We’ve been approached by the Republic of Georgia. . . | 乔治亚共和国跟我们接触 |
[17:31] | . . .Iooking to unload enriched uranium. | 要将精纯的铀送给我们 |
[17:33] | We may need to stage an emergency extraction. | 我们可能需要有应变计划 |
[17:36] | There’s some concern it’ll wind up in Iran. | 铀原料可能会落入伊朗手中 |
[17:38] | -Worth avoiding. -We’re briefing agencies. | 这我们得避免 我们跟各部门做简报 |
[17:40] | I hope to have options by the end of the day. | 希望今天能提出一些建议给你 |
[17:43] | Mr. President, they’re waiting for you. | 总统先生,他们在等你 |
[17:45] | Thank you. You putting together a tiger team? | 谢谢 妳要组成〝老虎团队〞吗? |
[17:48] | -I’m not sure what that is. -Four or five agencies on one project. . . | 我不懂那是什么意思 四、五个部门一起负责 |
[17:52] | . . .something this complicated, they’ll pass it around like a hot potato. | 这么复杂的计划 他们会将它视为烫手山芋 |
[17:56] | 14 months from now, we’ll wake up having accomplished absolutely nothing. | 14个月后我们醒来 发现一事无成 |
[17:59] | You’re gonna have to spearhead the project. | 妳得带头领导这个计划 |
[18:02] | Sure, I’ll tiger team: | 没问题,我会组一个 老虎团队 |
[18:05] | -What was that? -Nothing. | 那是什么? 没事 |
[18:06] | He could work with Chuck Horowitz. He could replace him. | 他可以跟查克何洛威兹合作 甚至能取代他 |
[18:09] | The D Triple C’s a great place to work, Josh. | 民主议会竞选委员会 是个好工作,乔西 |
[18:12] | -I’m not looking. -You got something? | 我不打算换工作 你有别的机会吗? |
[18:14] | -I’m staying at the White House. -Gosh, working for C.J. | 我要待在白宫 天啊,为茜洁工作 |
[18:17] | -Okay, let’s talk about the– -Really, anything else. | 好吧,我们来谈谈… 其他事情都好谈 |
[18:20] | -Coffee? -No. | 咖啡? 不 |
[18:22] | Thanks for the help at the midterms last year. It was fantastic. | 谢谢你去年期中考的帮忙 那真的很棒 |
[18:25] | -Our pleasure. -Looking at next year. | 这是我的荣幸 看看明年 |
[18:27] | Seven members of Congress retiring, and we’ve got 12. . . | 有七位国会议员要退休 我们有12个… |
[18:30] | -Maybe 13. -. . .vulnerable incumbents. | 或许13个 席次可能不保 |
[18:32] | -Presidential’s got the spotlight. -And the money. | 总统大选抢走所有注意力 还有经费 |
[18:35] | -We’re not neglecting these seats. -The Republicans won’t be. | 我们很重视这些席次 共和党不会那么做的 |
[18:38] | -Why is Matthew Santos dropping? -He’s done. | 马修桑托斯为何离开? 他完蛋了 |
[18:40] | He’s not done. He’s 42. We just got him on Ways and Means. | 他还没完蛋,他才42岁 他才刚进赋税委员会 |
[18:44] | -He says that he’s had enough. -No, he hasn’t. I’ll talk to him. | 他说他受够了 他并没有,我会跟他谈的 |
[18:47] | -Who else? -Wexler in Connecticut’s retiring. | 还有谁? 康乃狄克州的威克勒要退休 |
[18:50] | Hey, you’re from there. You could run for his seat. | 你来自康乃狄克州 你可以竞选他的席次 |
[18:54] | I have a job. | 我有工作了 |
[18:56] | -Can I get in? -You have your own door. | 我能进去吗? 妳知道妳有专用的门 |
[18:58] | -I’ll be quick. -He’s talking with Secretary of Defense. | 我长话短说 他在跟国防部长说话 |
[19:01] | -Hutchinson? -He walked him back. . . | 杭奇森在里面? 他在会议后 |
[19:03] | . . .from the meeting. Weren’t you there? | 陪他走回来的 妳不是也去了吗? |
[19:05] | I got pulled out. Hutchinson doesn’t have a meeting. | 我被取消了 杭奇森并没有要开会 |
[19:07] | They walked in. I thought about taking him down. | 但他们走了进去 我本来要阻止他的 |
[19:11] | Margaret, did the Secretary of Defense call for me? | 玛格丽特 国防部长有打电话给我吗? |
[19:17] | It’s C.J. | 我是茜洁 |
[19:19] | He didn’t? Get him out of there. | 没有吗?把他赶出来 |
[19:21] | -Really? -Pull the president. | 真的? 把总统带走 |
[19:23] | -He’s late for his 1: 15. -He doesn’t have a 1: 15. | 说他1点15分有约人 他1点15分没有约 |
[19:25] | Make one up. | 编一个 |
[19:30] | Excuse me, Mr. President? | 对不起,总统先生 |
[19:43] | -Secretary Hutchinson. -Congratulations. | 杭奇森部长 恭喜 |
[19:46] | -Woman of the hour. -Thank you. | 大红人 谢谢 |
[19:47] | I wanted to catch you. You’re gonna do a fantastic job. | 我一直想要找妳 妳表现的很好 |
[19:50] | Thank you. I know the president had to run. | 谢谢,我知道总统很忙 |
[19:53] | -Anything I can help you with? -No. | 我能帮忙吗? 不用了 |
[19:54] | This Georgian project could be tricky, but we’ll cover it in the meeting. See you. | 这个乔治亚计划很棘手 我们等到开会时再解决,谢谢 |
[20:00] | How come Matt Santos doesn’t wanna run again? | 马修桑托斯为什么不选了? |
[20:03] | Well, what makes a man seek public office, Josh? | 为什么人会想竞选公职?乔西 |
[20:06] | What makes a man abjure the comforts of a private life? | 为什么人要追求 舒适的私人生活? |
[20:09] | -Here we go. -The decadence of simple breadwinning. . . | 又来了 为的就在雅典式议会政治中 |
[20:12] | . . .for the Athenian wrestling mat that is the forum politic. | 堕落的混口饭吃罢了 |
[20:15] | -Hey. -Why doesn’t Matt Santos. . . | 还好吗? 马修桑托斯 |
[20:17] | -. . .wanna run again? -Because he’s a tool. | 为何不竞选连任? 因为他是个工具 |
[20:19] | -We got him on Ways and Means. -They love him in Houston. | 我们刚让他进了赋税委员会 休士顿很喜欢他 |
[20:22] | -Maybe he’ll run for governor. -You think? | 或许他会竞选州长 你觉得? |
[20:24] | Term or two, he can run for the big chair. | 当一两届州长后 他就能竞选大位了 |
[20:27] | -You high? -People like him. Ex-Marine– | 你疯了吗? 大家喜欢他,前海军陆战… |
[20:29] | -He’s not running– No. -I’m talking to him. | 他没有要竞选…没有 我会跟他谈 |
[20:31] | D Triple C wants help on 19 races. Yours are the ones with stars. | 议会竞选委员会帮忙19个竞选 你的上面有打星星 |
[20:34] | The VP’s gonna be fundraising for himself. | 副总统会为自己募款 |
[20:36] | I’m not sure we can double dip in these places. | 我不确定在这些地方 我们能捞到好处 |
[20:39] | It falls under the category. . . | 这看起来比较像 |
[20:40] | -. . .of people scratching people’s backs. -Indeed. | 大家得彼此帮忙? 没错 |
[20:43] | -First priority. -For the day? | 这第一优先 今天吗? |
[20:45] | -For 1:45. -300 pages on snowmobiles. | 1点45分 三百页的雪车报告 |
[20:47] | The president’s got lunch with Interior tomorrow. | 总统明天要跟 内政部长吃午餐 |
[20:49] | -Yellowstone’s gonna come up. -No one can position us? | 会提到黄石公园的问题 没人能决定立场? |
[20:52] | -Toby and Policy shop are split. -Get the rest. | 托比跟智库意见分歧 去找其他人 |
[20:54] | We’ve talked through it. You have to leave. | 这雪车的事已经谈够了 妳得出发了 |
[20:57] | -Where am I going? -The Georgian thing. | 我要去哪里? 乔治亚的事 |
[20:59] | Where’s the nonproliferation one? And the uranium-repatriation study? | 核武器扩散防治计划呢? 还有铀原料回归研究呢? |
[21:02] | You really have to start walking now. | 妳真的该动身了 |
[21:06] | -It’s downstairs? -At DOD’s request. | 在楼下吗? 国防部的要求 |
[21:08] | WHO faxed preliminary plans for the Marburg virus. | 世界卫生组织传来 马堡病毒的初步应变计划 |
[21:11] | They’re asking for 18 million worth of emergency aid. | 他们要求 一千八百万的紧急援助 |
[21:14] | It doesn’t say how they came up with that. | 但没有提到数字从何而来 |
[21:16] | Does HHS know they’re calling it a global health alert? | 卫生与公众服务部知道 这被列为全球健康警讯吗? |
[21:19] | I’ll call them. | 我会打电话给他们 |
[21:24] | Ma’am. | 幕僚长 |
[21:25] | This way, ma’am. | 这边请,幕僚长 |
[21:35] | Ten-hut. | 立正 |
[21:37] | Anybody run this by the Russians? | 跟俄国人确认过了吗? |
[21:38] | Georgians don’t want the Russians. | 乔治亚不希望俄国插手 |
[21:40] | They left the uranium in the first place. | 是他们丢下那批铀不管的 |
[21:42] | -The Russians can’t secure it. -It’s gotta come here. | 俄国人无法保护它 一定要送到这里来 |
[21:45] | -Who’s gonna pay? -Excellent question. | 谁要付钱? 好问题 |
[21:47] | Department of Energy’s tapped out. | 能源部没经费了 |
[21:49] | -We’re all tapped out. -It’s probably not just enriched uranium. | 大家都没有经费了 而且可能不光只是铀 |
[21:52] | I bet there’s a load of spent fuel with it. Nuclear waste. | 我敢说一定附带了 大量使用过的核废料 |
[21:55] | And leaking, likely as not. | 还有外泄的情况 |
[21:57] | We may be looking at a biohazard cleanup. | 很可能需要进行生化毒物处理 |
[21:59] | -Which costs? -Extraction, maybe 5 million. | 费用呢? 取出大约要花五百万 |
[22:02] | Cleanup’s easily 20. | 清理得花上两千万 |
[22:03] | Besides which, we take nuclear material and dump it in Oakridge, Tennessee. . . | 而且如果我们将核子废料 丢到田纳西州橡树岭 |
[22:07] | -. . .every environmental group– -This can’t go public. | 所有环保团体… 这件事不能公开 |
[22:10] | It’ll get out. You’ll have a PR nightmare on your hands. | 会走漏出去的 到时妳得处理公关危机 |
[22:13] | Isn’t the larger PR crisis one wherein al Qaeda steals the stuff. . . | 更大的公关危机应该是 如果盖达组织偷走这些东西 |
[22:17] | . . .and we admit it wasn’t under our control because we were cheap? | 而我们得承认因为没有钱 所以它不在我们手中? |
[22:20] | You got a Congressional appropriation I don’t know about? | 妳已经取得国会的批准 但我还没听说吗? |
[22:23] | -Who pays? -He called it a gift, didn’t he? | 谁付钱? 他说那是礼物,对吧? |
[22:25] | -Your friend. -Are we considering leaving a stash. . . | 妳的朋友说的 就因为筹不到两千五百万 |
[22:28] | . . .of uranium unprotected because we can’t scrape up 25 million? | 所以我们要让那批铀 无人看管? |
[22:31] | I’m considering this the tip of a very large iceberg. | 我觉得这笔费用 还只是冰山一角而已 |
[22:34] | We can look into helping the Russians secure it. | 我们可以帮忙俄国保护它 |
[22:36] | The president isn’t interested in the Russians. | 总统不想把它交给俄国人 |
[22:39] | -He’s not? -Figure out something else. | 是吗? 想想别的办法 |
[22:41] | I didn’t get the site analysis. | 我没有拿到地点分析 |
[22:43] | Have we run an independent test? | 我们做过独立测试了吗? |
[22:45] | -I’m not– -This just walked in the door. | 我不… 这消息才刚进来 |
[22:47] | Before we deploy a fleet of C-5’s with an extraction team. . . | 在派遣C5运输机 将取铀小组送过去之前 |
[22:50] | . . .be nice to know we’re not buying clay. | 最好确定他们不是在骗人 |
[22:52] | -We’ll test it. -Get the president a report on storage. | 我们会做测试 把存放报告交给总统 |
[22:55] | -I’m not sure we’re ready– -He asked me for it. | 我想我们还没准备好… 他要我这么做的 |
[22:58] | Are we done? | 都说完了吗? |
[23:25] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[23:27] | What do we have on domestic nuclear-storage facilities? | 国内的核子存放场里 放著什么东西? |
[23:30] | I’ll get Energy’s quarterly. | 我会去找能源部报告 |
[23:31] | Sir, we may be able to get the Russians to help. | 长官,我们也许能 请俄国人帮忙 |
[23:34] | Hutchinson wants the Russians out of it. We don’t know if it’s actually uranium. | 杭奇森不希望俄国插手 他说我们不知道那是不是真的铀 |
[23:38] | You get documentation they’re not selling us the Brooklyn Bridge? | 能否请妳确定他们 不会卖我们一堆废物? |
[23:41] | -We’re looking into that. -I asked for the breakdown. . . | 我们正在查 我要了一分 |
[23:44] | -. . .on domestic facilities. -I’ve got it. I just wanted to look it over. | 国内储存场的资料 我拿到了,只是想看一下 |
[23:48] | I didn’t get a copy. You sure Margaret and Charlie. . . | 但我没有拿到 妳确定玛格丽特跟查理 |
[23:50] | -. . .are keeping your papers flowing? -Yes, sir. | 有在帮妳送文件吗? 是的,长官 |
[23:53] | Your conversation with the Secretary of Defense– | 你跟国防部长的谈话… |
[23:56] | We didn’t talk much. Charlie hightailed me into a meeting with an empty chair. | 我们没谈太多 查理急著要我跟一张空椅子开会 |
[24:01] | I know it’s gonna be bumpy till you settle in. | 我知道妳得花一段时间适应 |
[24:03] | But make sure things aren’t being lost in the shuffle. | 但千万别因为忙乱就忘了事情 |
[24:06] | -Of course. -Thank you. | 当然 谢谢 |
[24:09] | Sources say NATO’s reluctant to contribute troops. . . | 消息指出北约不愿派兵 |
[24:12] | . . .to peacekeeping missions in the Middle East. | 到中东协助维和任务 |
[24:14] | How will the president address that? | 总统会如何回应? |
[24:16] | The president was aware when he drafted the peacekeeping agreement. . . | 总统在起草 维和协议时非常清楚 |
[24:19] | . . .that the international community wasn’t going to jump in like lemmings. | 国际社会不可能 像旅鼠一样自投罗网 |
[24:23] | You’re saying it’s a suicide mission? | 妳觉得这是个自杀任务? |
[24:26] | Not necessarily. | 也不尽然 |
[24:28] | The lemmings die at the end of the story. | 旅鼠在故事结束时就死掉了 |
[24:33] | Sources say NATO’s reluctant to contribute troops. . . | 消息指出北约不愿派兵 |
[24:36] | . . .to peacekeeping in the Middle East. | 到中东协助维和任务 |
[24:38] | How’s the president going to address that? | 总统会如何回应? |
[24:40] | Joanne, marry me. Make me the happiest man in the world. | 琼安,嫁给我 让我成为全世界最快乐的男人 |
[24:46] | NATO has shown reluctance to commit troops. | 北约并不愿意派兵 |
[24:49] | Individual member nations– | 会员国… |
[24:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:53] | We can’t hear you back here. | 我们听不到你的声音 |
[25:00] | NATO has agreed to provide support as well as military– | 北约已经同意提供军事支援… |
[25:03] | -Thanks. -Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[25:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:08] | NATO doesn’t seem to wanna pitch in troops to the peacekeeping mission. | 北约似乎不愿派兵 协助维和任务 |
[25:12] | The president asked for NATO troops as a courtesy. | 总统邀北约出兵 主要是出于礼貌 |
[25:14] | What we need from our allies is financial support. . . | 我们真正需要的 是盟友提供财务支援 |
[25:17] | . . .Iogistical support, tactical aid. All of which they’ve pledged. | 运输支持、战略协助 这些他们都很乐意配合 |
[25:21] | We don’t need their troops? | 我们不需要他们出兵? |
[25:22] | The president doesn’t want the impression we’re strong-arming. . . | 总统不希望世人觉得 我们大军驻入当地 |
[25:25] | . . .the region with European forces marching into Jerusalem. . . | 跟欧洲军队合作 打著美国的旗帜 |
[25:28] | . . .under an American flag. | 大军杀入耶路撒冷 |
[25:30] | This process will be executed by the Palestinian and Israeli governments. | 这个过程将会由巴勒斯坦 及以色列政府来执行 |
[25:34] | -We’re there to help. -What if it turns out to be bigger? | 我们只是去帮忙 如果冲突扩大呢? |
[25:37] | The president knows what he’s getting into. | 总统很清楚他在做什么 |
[25:39] | He’s crafted a mission he knew could succeed, and it will. | 他拟出他认为会成功的计划 这会成功的 |
[25:43] | Governor of Tennessee called. Georgian package, absolutely not. | 田纳西州长打电话来 乔治亚计划他绝对不同意 |
[25:48] | How did he. . .? Who the hell leaked it? | 他怎么会…是谁走漏了消息? |
[25:51] | I cannot have a leak. Get the governor on the phone, quickly. Margaret? | 这件事绝不能曝光 快打电话给州长,玛格丽特 |
[25:55] | Nancy McNally needs to call the governor. . . | 等我讲完之后 南西麦纳利得打给州长 |
[25:57] | . . .and reiterate that he needs to keep a lid on this. | 重申他必须守口如瓶 |
[26:00] | Have Charlie put it on the president’s schedule for tomorrow. | 请查理将它列入 总统明天的行程内 |
[26:03] | -We got a guy. -What kind? | 找到人了 什么人? |
[26:05] | A press secretary. He’s smart, he’s articulate. . . | 找到发言人了 他聪明,口齿清晰 |
[26:07] | . . .and you can hear him. | 而且他说话妳听得见 |
[26:09] | -He was the Great Wall of China. -I thought we were looking at a short list. | 他就像中国的长城 我以为只要看几个推荐人选 |
[26:13] | Governor of Tennessee on one. | 田纳西州长在一线 |
[26:16] | Mr. Governor. | 州长先生 |
[26:17] | Thank you, sir. I understand you heard– | 谢谢,我知道你听说… |
[26:21] | -The Secretary of Energy. -We’re done. | 能源部长? 就是他了,解决了 |
[26:23] | We’re not done. I’d like a list. Three to five names. | 还没有解决 我要一个三到五人的名单 |
[26:27] | Unfortunately, sir, his decision to share that information was premature. | 很不幸的是 他共享情报的举动太匆促了 |
[26:31] | The president would appreciate it if you did not go public with this. | 总统会很感激你 不把这件事说出去 |
[26:35] | No, I’m gonna have to insist. | 不,我坚持 |
[26:38] | Josh Lyman for the congressman. | 乔西赖曼要见议员 |
[26:41] | We’re not in the dream-making business. | 这不是制造梦想的行业 |
[26:43] | Why not a cap? Punitive damages stop at 5 million. | 何不设下限制? 惩罚性赔偿最高为五百万 |
[26:46] | -In egregious cases– -You invest that money, it’s a good life. | 因为在最糟的案例中… 妳投资那笔钱,就会有好生活 |
[26:49] | -For a kid paralyzed when he was 2? -It gives insurers immunity. . . | 对两岁就瘫痪的孩子来说吗? 能确保… |
[26:52] | . . .nobody gets. Not automakers, chemical companies. . . | 得到空前保障 车商跟化学公司都得不到 |
[26:55] | -. . .me if I mow you down in my car. -A distinct possibility. | 就算我开车撞妳都没有 机率相当大 |
[26:58] | -It’s a societal disincentive. -Running it to the ground is a disaster. | 那是种社会限制 如果实行将会是一场大灾难 |
[27:02] | Josh? Are we gonna run the HMO system into the ground? | 乔西,我们要推行 健康维护组织系统吗? |
[27:05] | HMOs pulled down 8.8 billion in profit last year. | 去年健康维护组织系统 赚进88亿 |
[27:08] | We’re not running them into anything. | 而且并未用在任何地方 |
[27:10] | So Republicans are greedy bastards. | 所以共和党都是 贪婪的混蛋啰 |
[27:12] | Profits are a red herring. What if the Republicans aren’t worried. . . | 利润只是个幌子 如果共和党不在意利润呢? |
[27:15] | . . .about profits? What if they know the companies do that on their own. . . | 如果他们知道保险公司 自己也会那么做 |
[27:19] | . . .by boosting premiums and letting costs soar. . . | 利用提高保费,让成本增加 |
[27:22] | . . .in an industry that was created to curtail the price of health care? | 在这套本意为减低 医疗支出负担的系统呢? |
[27:26] | -I’ll have lunch with Joel Haig. -Watch him put ketchup. . . | 我又要跟乔海格吃午餐了 看他加蕃茄酱 |
[27:29] | . . .on his mashed potatoes? Bipartisan or bust! | 在马铃薯泥里? 两党政治万岁 |
[27:31] | Come on in, Josh. | 请进,乔西 |
[27:34] | -Patients’ Bill of Rights? -Final shudder and gasp. . . | 病人权利法案? 垂死法案的… |
[27:36] | -. . .of a dying piece of legislation. -Then bring it back next term. | 临终挣扎 下个会期再提案 |
[27:40] | I’m not gonna get five minutes of small talk? | 我们不能聊一点私事吗? |
[27:43] | -Not asking about my kids? -How’re your kids? | 你不问候我的孩子吗? 他们好吗? |
[27:45] | -Don’t recognize me. Who’s that guy? -One more term. | 他们不认得我,拥抱妈咪的人是谁? 再一任 |
[27:48] | We’ll do fundraising. We got chairmanships opening up– | 我们会负责募款 让你当上主席 |
[27:51] | -It’s not gonna happen. -You’re a strong presence on the floor. . . | 那是不可能的 你在议场的表现优秀 |
[27:54] | . . .your staff’s on fire. How can you walk away from this? | 你的幕僚一流 你怎么能抛下这一切? |
[27:57] | Who champions Patients’ Bill of Rights? | 谁要为病人权利法案直言? |
[27:59] | -You. -I’m happy to help. | 你可以 我很乐意帮忙 |
[28:02] | But you gotta put your name on the bill. | 但是你列名在法案上的 |
[28:04] | When I was the mayor of Houston. . . | 当我还是休士顿市长时 |
[28:06] | . . .we opened up eight health clinics. | 我们开了八家健康诊所 |
[28:08] | Each one sees 200 patients a day. | 每家一天能看两百位病人 |
[28:10] | I’m gonna go home and open up 20 more. | 我要回去再开20家诊所 |
[28:13] | That’s not a health-care agenda, Josh. That’s health care. | 那不是医疗议题,乔西 那才是医疗行动 |
[28:17] | That’s appealing. As, I’m sure, is the governor’s mansion. | 那真的很吸引人 就跟州长官邸一样 |
[28:20] | You think I’m gonna run for another office? | 你以为我要竞选别的职位? |
[28:22] | -I’m getting out. -What about your 20 clinics? | 我要离开政坛 那20家诊所呢? |
[28:25] | Privately funded. That’s all we got left. | 私人资金赞助,唯一的希望 |
[28:27] | There’s no Patients’ Bill of Rights. Congress won’t do it. | 根本不会有病人权利法案 国会不会通过的 |
[28:30] | Or else they’ll spend five years wrangling over minutiae. . . | 或许他们会花五年争论一些 无关紧要的小事 |
[28:33] | -. . .and come up with a toothless plan. -A toothless plan is not inconsiderable. | 拟出一个不痛不痒的计划 不痛不痒的计划并非没有作用 |
[28:38] | And a little wrangling? That’s the fun part. | 争论的部分? 那是乐趣所在 |
[28:40] | No, that’s how you have fun. | 不,那是你的乐趣所在 |
[28:41] | That’s why you’re here, and I’m going home to Texas. | 所以你才会待在这里 我要回德州去 |
[28:45] | I hear C.J. Cregg got chief of staff. | 听说茜洁葛瑞当上了幕僚长 |
[28:48] | -That’s gotta be a blow. -It’s fine, really. | 那肯定打击很大吧 无所谓 |
[28:52] | Everybody likes the look of the next rung up the ladder. | 大家都喜欢看好戏 |
[28:55] | But you know what? | 但你知道吗? |
[28:56] | You couldn’t do the kind of politicking you do behind Leo McGarry’s desk. | 你再也无法像里奥马加瑞当家时 那样操弄政治 |
[29:01] | You’d be making sure the trains run on time. | 你会负责监控火车准点抵达 |
[29:03] | They need you. | 他们需要你 |
[29:05] | You love that fight. . . | 你喜欢那样的战场 |
[29:09] | . . .and you’re good at it. | 而且你是个中高手 |
[29:12] | I don’t love it. | 我不喜欢 |
[29:15] | Go on. Get out of my office. Do what you were born to do. | 快滚出我的办公室 去做你拿手的事 |
[29:18] | You’re screwing the party. It’s not like we got a lot of bench strength in Texas. | 你这是在扯党的后腿 我们在德州的席次不多 |
[29:23] | I know. | 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[29:24] | And I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:26] | Ronna, give Mr. Lyman a copy of the talking points. | 罗娜,给赖曼先生 一分谈话要点的资料 |
[29:29] | -On? -Patients’ Bill of Rights. | 哪一分? 病人权利法案 |
[29:43] | -Gail! -I fed her this morning. | 盖儿 今早我喂过牠了 |
[29:46] | We’re not in Kansas anymore, Gail. | 我们已不在堪萨斯了,盖儿 |
[29:49] | Greg Brock’s writing an “Is the administration in over its head?” story. | 葛雷布洛克正在写 〝政府昏头了吗?〞的报导 |
[29:53] | -Peacekeeping mission? -He’s trying to get General Alexander. | 关于维和任务吗? 他想采访亚历山大将军 |
[29:56] | -Where’d he–? -Rumors, speculation. | 他怎么… 谣言,猜测 |
[29:58] | -Toby’s briefing. -First day’s tough. | 托比的简报 第一天最辛苦了 |
[30:00] | -Is Toby in his office? -I think so. I’ll check. | 托比在办公室吗? 应该是,我去看看 |
[30:02] | Traditionally, we call people, and they come to you. | 传统上,我们会打电话 请那些人来找妳 |
[30:06] | -That’s the wrong file. -You want a magazine? | 拿错档案了 妳要杂志吗? |
[30:09] | -That’s the not-enough-experience file. -Yes, indeed. | 那是〝经验不足〞的档案 没错 |
[30:12] | -We have people with more– -We’ve got a guy who is bulletproof. . . | 我们有更… 我们有个刀枪不入的人选 |
[30:16] | . . .who will throw himself in front of the press corps. . . | 他愿意站在记者面前 |
[30:18] | . . .like the Ione man facing down the tanks in Tiananmen Square. | 就像天安门广场前 独自对抗坦克的勇士 |
[30:22] | One, two. . . . Bring in these four tomorrow. | 一、二… 明天请这四个人过来 |
[30:26] | -You don’t think that’s a waste of time? -Yeah, it is a colossal waste of time. | 你不觉得那很浪费时间吗? 对,这非常浪费时间 |
[30:33] | These four. | 这四个 |
[30:36] | Talk to Greg Brock. Get him to hold the story. | 跟葛雷布洛克谈谈 请他别写那篇报导 |
[30:39] | -He has nothing. -He’ll run nothing next week. | 他没有证据 他还是会报导 |
[30:41] | I misspoke. No one thinks you can’t handle foreign policy. | 我说错话了,好吗 没人认为妳无法处理外交政策 |
[30:44] | We all do. If you thought differently, it would’ve been: | 我们都那么认为 如果你没那么想,你会说… |
[30:47] | “She’s been involved in foreign policy for five years” . . . | 〝她参与外交事务已经有五年〞 |
[30:50] | . . .not, “She’ll bounce questions to NSC. “ | 不是〝她会将问题丢给国安局〞 |
[30:52] | It never crossed your mind to reject it. | 你想都不想便脱口而出 |
[30:54] | -So I’m a lousy public speaker. -Talk to Brock. | 我不擅于公开演说 跟布洛克谈一谈 |
[30:57] | This runs tomorrow, it’s two graphs on page 10. | 如果这明天上新闻 会占第十版的两小段 |
[31:00] | Wait a week, it’s top left, page one. | 一星期后它会是头版新闻 |
[31:02] | It wasn’t a suggestion. | 那不是个建议 |
[31:04] | It was what? An order? | 那是什么?命令吗? |
[31:15] | It’s almost 8. You should get out of here. | 快八点了,妳该下班了 |
[31:29] | -I’ll be back. -Where are you going? | 我马上回来 妳要去哪里? |
[32:12] | I. . . . | 我… |
[32:17] | I don’t think this is gonna work out. | 我想这是行不通的 |
[32:40] | Lord, I never wanted a double vodka at 9 a.m. until this week. | 天啊,在这个星期前 我从没在早上九点想喝双分伏特加 |
[32:45] | They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. | 大家都说第一步是要 承认自己有问题 |
[32:49] | Margaret, sit. | 玛格丽特,坐下 |
[32:56] | I have a problem. | 我有个问题 |
[32:59] | -I’m not sure I’m– -Hutchinson’s a son of a bitch. | 我不确定我… 杭奇森是个混蛋 |
[33:02] | -Is that just me, or–? -No. | 是我多心或… 不 |
[33:04] | -How did Leo deal with him? -Leo always talked to Tim Crawford first. | 里奥怎么对付他们? 里奥会先跟提姆克劳福谈 |
[33:09] | -Chief of staff at DOD. -How about Secretary of Energy? | 他是国防部的幕僚长 能源部长呢? |
[33:12] | Leo’s first calls were always subcabinet. | 里奥总是先打电话给副手 |
[33:14] | Secretaries have agendas, policy wonks have information. | 部长只谈原则 政策研究者才握有消息 |
[33:17] | Right. | 没错 有多少政策研究者为我工作? |
[33:19] | How many policy wonks work for me? | 有多少政策研究者为我工作? |
[33:21] | A bunch. | 一大堆 |
[33:23] | Secretary of State. Secretary of Defense. | 国务卿、国防部长 |
[33:27] | Secretary of Energy. All fans of nonproliferation. | 还有能源部长 都支持防止核武扩散 |
[33:29] | All doing everything they can to keep their hands off this. | 他们都尽力不参与这件事 |
[33:32] | They’re the “no” team. You’re the “yes” team. | 他们反对,你们支持 |
[33:35] | -Where’s Toby? -He had a. . . . I don’t know. | 托比在哪里… 他有…我不知道 |
[33:38] | I need a plan for funding an emergency uranium extraction from sunny Tbilisi. | 我需要一个募款计划 紧急将铀从提弗利司送出来 |
[33:42] | Keep in mind we need to secure it, contain it, transport it. . . | 别忘了我们得保护它 控制它、输送它 |
[33:46] | . . .and bury it in a manner that will shelter it for upwards of 30,000 years. | 将它以三万年之内 都不会外泄的方式埋起来 |
[33:50] | Resist the temptation to rely on the Emergency Nonproliferation Fund. | 尽量不要冀望 紧急核武扩散防止基金 |
[33:53] | Apparently, we’ve already spent it. | 很明显,钱已经用光了 |
[33:55] | You knew these four were underqualified when you called them in. | 你明知他们的资格不符 还要我通知这四个人 |
[33:59] | He mispronounced “New York. “ | 他连〝纽约〞都会念错 |
[34:02] | -God help me. -Come on in. | 我的天啊 请进 |
[34:05] | -Is this. . .? -Yep. Right place. | 这里是… 对,妳没走错 |
[34:07] | -You’re Annabeth Scott? -Schott. | 妳是安娜贝丝史考特? 夏特 |
[34:09] | -What? -Schott. | 什么? 夏特 |
[34:11] | -There’s an H. I didn’t see it. -She didn’t see it. | 有个H,我没看见 她没看见 |
[34:14] | Go ahead and stand behind the podium there. | 请站到讲台后面 |
[34:16] | -Up there? -Yeah. | 到上面去? 对 我不要到那边去 |
[34:18] | I’m not going up there. | 我不要到那边去 为何要那么做? 这分工作要对媒体做简报 |
[34:19] | -Why would I do that? -Much of the job is briefing the press. | 为何要那么做? 这分工作要对媒体做简报 |
[34:23] | -For a deputy? -Deputy what? | 助理也要吗? 什么助理? |
[34:25] | -You the gal I talked to on the phone? -Thank you. | 妳是跟我通电话的人吗? 谢谢妳 |
[34:28] | We’re gonna move on to somebody who understands the position. | 我们得找一个了解这职务的人 |
[34:31] | -You’re hiring a press secretary. -Do something. | 你要雇用发言人 想想办法 |
[34:34] | -To be press secretary. -C.J. Cregg, former press secretary. . . | 当个发言人 前白宫发言人茜洁葛瑞 |
[34:38] | . . .has been promoted. Big day. All over the news. | 已经升官了,那是大新闻 媒体一直在报导 |
[34:40] | -You should go watch. -I’ve seen the news. | 妳该回家看新闻 我看过了 |
[34:43] | “President’s fixing to send Cregg to Ramallah to swat bombers with a purse. “ | 〝总统的解决方法是派葛瑞 到蓝马拉拿皮包打炸弹客〞 |
[34:47] | That’s gotta be some purse. | 那皮包一定有机关 |
[34:50] | -I never said “fixing. ” -Why on earth would you hire. . . | 我没说〝解决方法〞 为什么葛瑞才离职十分钟 |
[34:53] | . . .a new press secretary with Cregg 10 minutes out of the job? | 你们就急著找新的发言人? |
[34:56] | Does someone not talk to these people? Nobody tell you why you’re coming? | 没人告知你们吗? 没人告诉妳来这里的理由吗? |
[35:00] | Deputy press secretary for Media Relations. | 媒体关系部的发言人助理 |
[35:03] | I sent in my résumé six months ago. | 我六个月前寄来履历表 |
[35:05] | They were looking to replace Tim Waters. | 他们要换掉提姆华特斯 |
[35:07] | -He used to prep for the morning shows. -He was irritating. | 他负责准备晨间节目 他很讨人厌 |
[35:10] | -He saved your tail more than once. -Okay. | 他不只一次帮你擦屁股 好吧 |
[35:12] | Did you ever replace him? Because I’d be a fine choice. | 你们换掉他了吗? 我是个不错的选择 |
[35:15] | If you’re nice, I’ll get a dress Marine to walk you out. | 如果妳配合的话 我请海军陆战队员送妳出去 |
[35:18] | You don’t want a new press secretary. Not yet. | 你还不需要新的发言人 |
[35:20] | Anyone who tries to stand in C.J. Cregg’s shoes will be eaten alive. | 任何代替茜洁葛瑞的人 一定会死的很难看 |
[35:24] | And who exactly do you think is gonna brief the press? | 那妳觉得谁能向媒体做简报? |
[35:28] | You. You need someone from the administration to get through. . . | 就是你 你需要一个内部的人 |
[35:31] | . . .this transition period. Don’t make a face. | 来撑过这个过渡时期 别那副表情 |
[35:34] | -You were good. -I saw it. He really wasn’t. | 你很不错 我看了,他真的不行 |
[35:36] | You need grooming. I can take care of that. | 你只需要打理一下 我可以处理的 |
[35:38] | I’ll help you find a new press secretary. | 而且我会帮你找到新发言人 |
[35:40] | A real search, not some 24-hour emergency-rescue mission. | 认真去找 而不是24小时紧急救援计划 |
[35:46] | Who’s this administration’s most effective critic? | 谁对这个政府的批评最有力? |
[35:48] | -Taylor Reid. -When I found him. . . | 泰勒瑞德 我发现他时 他是个写了半本小说的酒保 |
[35:50] | . . .he was a bartender with half a novel. | 他是个写了半本小说的酒保 |
[35:52] | He had what you have. | 他有你的特质 那是什么? 可看性 |
[35:54] | -What’s that? -A watchable quality. | 那是什么? 可看性 |
[36:00] | -Short list. -Two. | 简短的推荐名单 两个人 |
[36:03] | -Shorter than discussed. -Alan Zwick, you brought me before. | 比讨论的还短 亚伦齐威克,你有提过 |
[36:06] | -He was good. -He has no soul. | 他很厉害 他没有灵魂 |
[36:08] | Of course he sounded good. He’d front for the Gotti family if you asked. | 他听来当然不错 他会应你的要求跟戈蒂家族谈 |
[36:11] | And Annabeth Schott. The little pixie from The Taylor Reid Show? | 安娜贝丝夏特? 《泰勒瑞德秀》那个小鬼? |
[36:15] | We shouldn’t hire them. | 我觉得不该雇用他们 我想应该由我来做 做什么? |
[36:16] | -I think I should do it. -Do what? | 我想应该由我来做 做什么? |
[36:18] | Brief the press. | 向媒体做简报 |
[36:21] | I have a quality. | 我有一种特质 |
[36:24] | Look, not forever. For a few weeks, until we find somebody. | 我不是说一直做下去 只要几个星期,等我们找到人 |
[36:29] | But we do a real search and hopefully not with me sitting listening to them. | 但我们得认真去找 希望我不必坐在台下听他们说话 |
[36:33] | -This is thought out. -She came up with it. Marybeth. | 这还真是个好主意 玛丽贝丝提的 |
[36:35] | -Annabeth. -She said we were rushing. She’s right. | 安娜贝丝 她说我们太急了,她说的对 |
[36:38] | We put a fresh face up there this week. . . | 这星期我们推一个新人上台? |
[36:41] | -. . .they’ll be ground beef. -She’s your follow-up act? | 他们会死的很难看 她想在你之后接任? |
[36:44] | No, she wanted some Media Relations– She’s irrelevant– | 不,她想到媒体关系部工作… 她没有关系 |
[36:47] | -She wants Tim Waters’ job? -And she wants to search. . . | 她要提姆华特斯的工作? 她还要帮忙 |
[36:50] | -. . .for your replacement. -Not a bad idea. | 找人补妳的位置 这点子不坏 |
[36:52] | -It is, but can we focus on–? -On you as spokesman? | 没错,我们能否专心谈… 你当发言人? |
[36:55] | -Dream come true. -The deputies can handle most. | 那还真是美梦成真 副手会处理大部分的事 |
[36:57] | -I’ll do high-profile stuff. -Like this morning. | 我只负责亮相 跟今早一样? |
[37:00] | -Yeah, no. Slightly better. -Did you talk to Greg Brock? | 不,比那个好一点 你跟葛雷布洛克谈过了吗? |
[37:04] | He’s not holding the story. | 他不会压下那篇报导 |
[37:07] | -Don’t give me the face. -This is. . . . | 别给我那种脸色 这是… |
[37:09] | I don’t know how this is gonna work, Toby. | 我不知道这怎么行得通,托比 |
[37:12] | You’re not his story. | 妳不是他的报导主角 |
[37:14] | “We’re unprepared” is the story. It’s not coming from here. | 主题是〝我们还没准备好〞 走漏消息的不是我们 |
[37:17] | -It’s coming from DOD. -What? | 是国防部 什么? 葛拉罕布莱德利告诉他 他们故意调低军队预估开销 |
[37:18] | Graham Bradley told him they low-balled the troop estimates. | 葛拉罕布莱德利告诉他 他们故意调低军队预估开销 |
[37:21] | We can’t do it with 18,000 men. | 那些经费无法支付 一万八千大军 |
[37:23] | DOD’s burying the number because they can’t get that money from Congress. | 国防部隐瞒数字 因为他们知道国会不会给钱 |
[37:27] | DOD’s in over their heads. | 国防部自己焦头烂额 |
[37:29] | I love you, desperately. | 我真的爱死你了 |
[37:33] | -I know. -They low-balled the estimates. | 我知道 他们预算报太低 |
[37:35] | Hutchinson’s railroading the Georgia project. He can’t afford it! | 杭奇森草率通过乔治亚计划 因为他负担不起 |
[37:39] | -I could be good at briefing. -That’s debatable. | 我能做好简报 那还可以谈 |
[37:41] | Bring her in to do the search. Put her in Media Relations. | 叫她来做研究工作 安排她到媒体关系部 |
[37:44] | -I don’t think that part’s a good idea. -She’ll be helpful to you, and you. . . . | 我想那不是个好点子 她会帮得上你,你… |
[37:48] | If you wanna brief, you should. You know why? I trust you. | 如果你想做简报那你就做 为什么?因为我相信你 |
[37:51] | -And you most certainly have a quality. -I’m watchable. | 你真的有一种特质 我的可看性很高 |
[37:55] | The Secretaries of State, Energy. . . | 请国务卿、能源以及国防部长 |
[37:57] | . . .Defense, Nancy, JCS, and CIA in the Sit Room. | 参谋首长联席会议主席 南茜跟中情局到会议室来 |
[38:00] | Not the Sit Room. My office. This office. Here. | 别到会议室 到我的办公室,这间办公室 |
[38:04] | I need to speak with him. | 我得跟他谈一谈 |
[38:10] | Come here. | 过来 |
[38:25] | -Right. -Come in. | 对 请进 |
[38:33] | -Afternoon, Mr. President. -How you doing? | 午安,总统先生 妳好吗? |
[38:35] | Fan-dab-tastic. You got the Energy quarterly? | 太棒了 你拿到能源部的报告了吗? |
[38:38] | -I got it right here. Thank you. -I’d like it back. | 就在这里,谢谢 我想把它收回 |
[38:41] | Get your own copy. | 妳怎么不自己去要一分 我们还没准备好评估 国内核能储存设施 |
[38:42] | We’re not ready to assess nuclear storage facilities. | 我们还没准备好评估 国内核能储存设施 |
[38:45] | The team hasn’t evaluated all the options. You don’t have complete information. | 小组还未评估所有的可能 你没有取得完整的情报 |
[38:49] | -You don’t think this is a good start? -I think it’s you doing my job for me. | 妳不觉得这是个好的开始? 我觉得你是在做我的工作 |
[38:53] | You’re looking at this based on DOD’s call. | 你用国防部的角度看这件事 |
[38:56] | It’s valid, but it’s one perspective. Until we’ve gathered others. . . | 那很不错,但只是一面之词 在收集到其他资料前 |
[38:59] | . . .if you need something to read, the new Benjamin Franklin bio is a page-turner. | 如果你想看点东西 我建议富兰克林新传,相当不错 |
[39:04] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你,总统先生 发生什么事了? |
[39:06] | What was that? | 发生什么事了? |
[39:09] | I just got spanked. | 我被修理了一顿 |
[39:11] | Sorry I missed it. | 很遗憾我没看到 |
[39:14] | -She still nervous? -I don’t think so, no. | 她还会紧张吗? 应该不会了 |
[39:18] | -They’re in there. -Great. | 他们来了 太棒了 |
[39:21] | You’re an odd woman. I’ve never understood you. | 妳是个怪人 我一直都不了解妳 |
[39:23] | But you’re extremely capable. You run this office like a watch. | 但妳非常能干 妳把这个办公室处理的很好 |
[39:26] | You’re tall, which is reassuring. | 妳很高,那也是个优点 或许里奥需要妳 如果他需要,没关系 |
[39:28] | Leo may need you, and if he does, that’s okay. | 或许里奥需要妳 如果他需要,没关系 |
[39:30] | But if he’s willing to part with you, I hope you’ll stay. | 如果他愿意放妳走 我希望妳能留下 |
[39:34] | Thanks for coming in. These are tentative figures for the extraction. | 谢谢你们赶来 这是取得铀的初估成本 |
[39:38] | We need to rejigger numbers on flight support. | 根据运送方式 我们得重新计算 |
[39:40] | It shouldn’t change the bottom line. | 但底线不应该改变 |
[39:42] | -I’d like to sit with the president– -It will flow through this office. | 我想跟总统… 所有的建议得先经过我 |
[39:46] | I will keep the president up to speed. | 我会让总统了解最新状况 |
[39:48] | -Let’s look at the breakdown. -I’m sure this is well-thought-out. | 来看看分析吧 我相信这都已经讨论过了 |
[39:51] | -The only viable option now. . . -Mr. Secretary. | 唯一的可行方法… 部长先生 |
[39:53] | -. . .is to secure the material. . . -Mr. Secretary. | 是在当地保护铀原料 部长先生 |
[39:56] | -. . .because we don’t have the resources. -Miles. | 因为我们没足够的资金 迈尔斯 |
[40:01] | We will find the money. You will not. | 我们会筹到钱,而你办不到 |
[40:03] | Though DOD will likely be saddled with most of the operational responsibility. . . | 虽然大部分的行动 得由国防部负责 |
[40:07] | . . .you will not be saddled with the cost. You’re sending 18,000 troops. . . | 你不必负担成本 你要派一万八千名士兵 |
[40:11] | . . .into the Middle East, and we can assume that’s the beginning. | 到中东去 我想那还只是开始而已 |
[40:14] | You’re overextended. We’ll find money elsewhere. | 你已经超支 我们会从别处找钱 |
[40:17] | Let’s look at the breakdown on page three. | 来看看第三页的分析资料 |
[40:28] | C.J. wants us upstairs. | 茜洁要我们上楼 |
[40:32] | -I had a great meeting with Matt Santos. -Good. | 我跟马修桑托斯相谈甚欢 很好 |
[40:36] | What do you think about the Patients’ Bill of Rights? | 你对病人权利法案有什么看法? |
[40:38] | Lead balloon. | 没人会支持 或许吧,我不知道 |
[40:40] | Maybe. I don’t know. | 或许吧,我不知道 我要再看一下那法案 他要竞选连任吗? |
[40:41] | -I’m gonna take a look at it again. -So he’s keeping his seat? | 我要再看一下那法案 他要竞选连任吗? |
[40:45] | No, he’s screwing us. | 不,他摆了我们一道 |
[40:48] | That’s your idea of a good meeting? | 那算相谈甚欢吗? |
[40:50] | Yeah. | 算 看看小精灵做了什么 |
[40:52] | Look what the elves have done. | 看看小精灵做了什么 |
[40:55] | -Hey. | -Hey. 嘿 嘿 茜洁想赶过来,但她被拖住了 |
[40:56] | C.J. wanted to be here, but she got pulled in. | 茜洁想赶过来,但她被拖住了 |
[40:59] | Staff’s on their way. | 大家都会过来 她要我把这个交给你 |
[41:00] | She wanted me to give this to you. | 她要我把这个交给你 |
[41:06] | -“J and T, nothing without you. ” -Hey. | 〝乔西跟托比,没你们不行〞 大家好 |
[41:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 这是谁准备的? 老板 |
[41:12] | -Who did this? -The boss. | 这是谁准备的? 老板 |
[41:15] | -Good evening, Mr. President. -Hey. | 晚安,总统先生 还好吗? |
[41:17] | How’d it go with the tiger team? | 老虎团队怎么了? 我们投票决定 不叫它老虎团队了 |
[41:19] | We took a vote and elected not to call it tiger team. | 我们投票决定 不叫它老虎团队了 |
[41:22] | Beyond that, I think we’ve isolated the funding. | 除此之外我们找到了资金 |
[41:24] | There’s some concern about political fallout. . . | 我们还是担心 将外国核能物质 |
[41:27] | . . .if we bring foreign nuclear material onto American soil. | 送入美国会引发政治纷争 |
[41:30] | -EPA? -Environmental-impact study. . . | 环保局? 环境影响评估 |
[41:32] | . . .would take over a year. We don’t have that time. | 得花一年的时间 我们没那么多时间 |
[41:34] | Thinking about the British, see if they’ll help. | 我们考虑问英国 看他们愿不愿帮忙 |
[41:37] | We talked about nonproliferation at the G8 last year. | 我们去年在八国高峰会 谈过防止核武扩散问题 |
[41:40] | -They said they’re willing to get involved. -Great. | 他们说过很愿意参与 太棒了 |
[41:43] | I’ll schedule a call for the prime minister. | 明天我会安排你跟首相通话 |
[41:45] | C.J., you’re chief of staff. You can make the call. | 茜洁,妳是幕僚长 妳可以亲自跟他通话 |
[41:50] | Right. | 对 谢谢你,长官 |
[41:52] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,长官 |
[42:17] | Margaret. | 玛格丽特 |
[42:21] | Will you set up a call tomorrow. . . | 麻烦妳安排一下 |
[42:23] | . . .with the prime minister of the United Kingdom? | 明天早上要跟英国首相通话 |
[42:26] | Sure. Who’s going to be on the call? | 没问题,谁要跟首相通话? |
[42:29] | Me. | 我 |