时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:08] | People shouldn’t be sending me flowers. | 大家真是太多礼了 |
[00:10] | -They’re for Leo. -So how’s it going? | 花是给里奥的 一切都好吗? |
[00:13] | -How’d you manage it for seven years? -I had a heart attack. | 这七年你是怎么办到的? 我有心脏病 |
[00:16] | The president wants a Security Council vote. | 总统要安理会投票 |
[00:18] | We’ve lost three countries in the last hour. . . | 我们一个小时之内 已失去三个支持友邦… |
[00:21] | . . .and our diplomatic heavies are in the cardiac ward. | 而我们的外交高手 都进了心脏科病房 |
[00:24] | -How do you get women? -You trying to get fired? | 你是怎么找女人的? 妳想要被炒鱿鱼吗? |
[00:26] | Work for me. You’re smart, you know the president. Why wouldn’t I hire you? | 来帮我做事吧,你聪明又了解总统 我怎么会不想请你? |
[00:31] | -Gonna ask about my kids? -How are they? | 要问我孩子的事吗? 他们好吗? |
[00:33] | They don’t recognize me. “Who’s hugging Mommy?” | 他们认不得我 〝那个抱妈咪的是谁?〞 |
[00:35] | -I don’t wanna be good at this. -Don’t worry. It was better. | 我不想在这方面厉害 别担心,你本来更厉害 |
[00:39] | Good’s still a ways off. | 只有〝厉害〞 ,还差得远呢! 剧名:多佛测试 |
[00:47] | Of course, the buildings were vacant and in disrepair by then. | 当然,以前这些建筑空旷失修 |
[00:51] | I snuck my first cigarette here. | 我在这里偷吸第一根烟 |
[00:53] | You’ll wanna add a commemorative plaque. | 你想加上纪念碑文 |
[00:55] | Congratulations on the library, sir. | 恭喜图书馆成立,总统先生 |
[00:57] | -Thanks for coming. -Are you also celebrating today’s polls? | 谢谢你光临 你也在庆祝今天的民意调查吗? |
[01:00] | -I don’t pay attention. -In the wake of your peace plan. . . | 我不管民调的 由于你提出的和平方案 |
[01:03] | . . .57 percent of Americans say they’d vote for you for a third term. | 有57%的美国人说 他们愿意选你三度当总统 |
[01:07] | Don’t say that in front of an architect. He’ll extend his deadline. | 别在建筑师面前说这种说 他会把完工期延后 |
[01:10] | “Photos only” means photos only. | 〝只准拍照〞表示不能说话 |
[01:12] | Oh, for God’s sake. You’re not still calling this guy. | 你也帮帮忙 还再跟他联络? |
[01:15] | -Matt Santos. -Is a quitter. | 麦修山多斯 他总是半途而废 |
[01:17] | We got him reelected twice by huge margins. | 我们帮他以大幅差距获选两次 |
[01:19] | -He’s popular in his district. -Don’t waste our time. | 他在自己的选区很受欢迎 别浪费我们的时间 |
[01:22] | He called me. He wants to sit down tomorrow. | 他打给我,说明天想坐下恳谈 |
[01:24] | You think he said, “I’m a guy with an uncontested seat in Congress. . . | 你以为他会说 〝我在众议院的席次很稳固〞 |
[01:28] | . . .maybe I’ll stop whining and do my job”? | 〝也许我可以少抱怨,多做事?〞 |
[01:31] | I leaned on him pretty hard. | 我相当仰仗他 但是他穷追不舍,真令人尴尬 |
[01:32] | But he’s so persistent, it’s embarrassing. | 但是他穷追不舍,真令人尴尬 |
[01:34] | Enjoy the attention. It doesn’t have to turn into anything. | 尽情享受他的注目 这不必有所结果 |
[01:37] | -Always talking shop. -Aren’t you sweet. | 总是说个不停 你的嘴巴还真甜 |
[01:40] | -I’m sorry. Did you–? Here. -I don’t drink red. | 我真抱歉,妳是否…拿去 我不喝红酒 |
[01:43] | -I knew that. -You drink red. | 我知道 你才喝红酒 我帮妳拿白酒,玛格丽特妳呢? 我喝红酒,香槟也可以 |
[01:45] | -I’ll get you white. Margaret? -I drink red. Or champagne’s fine. | 我帮妳拿白酒,玛格丽特妳呢? 我喝红酒,香槟也可以 |
[01:48] | -Thanks. -Thank you for being here. . . | 谢谢 谢谢所有人前来 |
[01:50] | . . .for the unveiling of these plans for the Bartlet Presidential Library. . . | 参加巴特勒总统图书馆计划的公布 |
[01:54] | . . .to be housed in a restored section. . . | 它将位于新罕布夏州 |
[01:56] | . . .of the historic Amoskeag Mills in Manchester, New Hampshire. | 具历史意义的曼彻斯特郡 艾摩斯科密尔斯的重建区 |
[02:00] | The secretary of agriculture is in the Rose Room. | 农业部长在玫瑰室里 |
[02:02] | You know the protocol? | 你懂得程序吗? 基金会主席想跟你们每个人见面 |
[02:04] | –to chair the foundation hopes to meet with each of you. | 基金会主席想跟你们每个人见面 |
[02:07] | Don’t worry, your wallets are safe. | 别担心,你们的荷包很安全 |
[02:09] | The secretary of agriculture is in the Rose Room. | 农业部长在玫瑰室里 |
[02:11] | “The secretary of agriculture is in the Rose Room”? | 农业部长在玫瑰室里? |
[02:14] | There’s no chance the secretary’s actually there? | 部长该不会也在吧? |
[02:16] | No. | 没有 你难道道没有通知… 身为总统随扈,我会去找他 |
[02:18] | -Don’t you take it–? -As the president’s aide, I went to him. | 你难道道没有通知… 身为总统随扈,我会去找他 |
[02:21] | As deputy special assistant, I alert C.J. and clear it with you. | 身为特别副助 我已向茜洁照会过,并向你澄清 |
[02:29] | -Sir, can I talk to you for a second? -Sure. | 总统先生,可以跟你谈一下吗? 可以 |
[02:36] | What are you getting? | 有什么事? 美国有线新闻网在报导 和平部队在达伦的基地之一遭攻击 |
[02:37] | CNN’s reporting an attack on our peacekeepers’ compound in Darom. | 美国有线新闻网在报导 和平部队在达伦的基地之一遭攻击 |
[02:41] | -South of Gaza City. -Eight injured and one dead. | 在加萨市南方 八人受伤,一人死亡 |
[02:44] | -The first casualty. -I’m gonna work on a statement. | 是任务的第一名死者 我会准备声明稿 |
[02:46] | The Joint Chiefs have CTAF on the line. | 参谋总长找了CTAF在线上 |
[02:49] | They didn’t even let us get the peacekeepers deployed. | 他们根本没让我们部署和平部队 |
[02:52] | They were Army advance. Construction crews. | 他们是军队预先建筑工事人员 |
[02:55] | -Excuse me, sir. Toby. -Yeah. | 抱歉打岔,先生,托比 有 |
[02:58] | In our statement, when we say “casualty,” don’t say “first. “ | 在我们的声明中 提到死者时,别说〝第一位〞 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:玛丽马科麦克 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:吉米史密兹 主演:马丁辛 |
[03:50] | –who approached the Joint Task Force compound… | 他接近联合军事基地 |
[03:53] | … with explosives strapped to his chest… | 在胸膛上绑著炸药 |
[03:55] | …leaving no doubt that President Barlet’s…. | 无疑地,巴特勒总统… |
[03:57] | Great. The White House fiddles while Darom burns. | 好极了,达伦在烈火中燃烧时 白宫在夜夜笙歌 |
[04:00] | Here’s the president’s statement. | 总统声明在此 |
[04:02] | We have no details. I’m hearing what you’re hearing. | 我们还没得知细节 我和你们得知的内容都一样 |
[04:06] | While the White House struggles with the response to this act of terror– | 白宫对这种恐怖行动 仍无法做出回应… |
[04:09] | He uses that. He doesn’t use our statement. | 他断章取义,没用我们的声明 |
[04:12] | I like how you leaned on the podium. More engaged. | 我喜欢你在发言台上前倾的样子 看起来更投入 |
[04:14] | I referred them to the Pentagon 10 times. | 我要他们去找五角大厦 起码说了十次 |
[04:16] | It’ll be 50 times today. A wise man once said: | 今天会变成50次 曾有智者说过 |
[04:19] | “Stone walls are built one stone at a time. “ | 〝万丈高楼平地起〞 |
[04:21] | I was hiding behind my desk when I said that. | 我说那种话时躲在桌子后面 |
[04:24] | Stonewalling won’t work with a peace plan at stake and U.S. lives. . . | 围堵无法与和平计划 及美国众人身家性命共存 |
[04:27] | -One life. -. . .on the line. | 是一人 危在旦夕 别让它越滚越大 〝在缔造和平方面〞 |
[04:29] | -Don’t give this momentum. -“We’re faced with the tough work. . . | 别让它越滚越大 〝在缔造和平方面〞 |
[04:32] | -. . .of making peace. ” -Not yet. See if events force us there. | 〝我们面对艰巨任务〞 还没,看事件是否演变到如此 |
[04:35] | Did the Pentagon release the soldier’s name? | 五角大厦是否该公布士兵的姓名? |
[04:38] | -They have to notify next of kin. -It takes 15 hours? | 他们必须先告知家属 那需要15个小时吗? |
[04:41] | They told the soldier’s father. The parents are divorced. | 已经告诉那名士兵的父亲了 他的双亲离异 |
[04:44] | -They haven’t located Mom. -We stick with “pending notification”? | 现在还没找到母亲 我们要坚持〝仍在通知中〞? |
[04:47] | Stick with no. Say “pending notification” . . . | 别说〝坚持〞这种字眼 说〝仍在通知中〞就好 |
[04:49] | . . .they’ll drag you into questions about: | 他们会问你其他问题 |
[04:51] | “Why can’t the Army improve services to dependents?” | 〝军方为何无法提升 对家属的服务?〞 |
[04:54] | Right. Makes sense. | 对,言之有理 |
[04:56] | “I’m hearing what you’re hearing,” Toby? | 〝我和你们得知的内容都一样〞 托比? |
[04:59] | -C.J. and I just did this. -Least your forehead wasn’t as shiny. | 茜洁和我刚赶出这一份 至少你的额头没那么油了 |
[05:05] | -So, what’s up, congressman? -My bill died in committee. | 有什么事,众议员先生? 我的法案葬送在委员会里 |
[05:09] | Patients’ Bill of Rights? | 病患的权利法案? 制片:艾莉亚提 |
[05:11] | Common sense, common good kind of thing. . . | 制片:艾莉亚提 很合乎常识的好方案 |
[05:13] | . . .that failed to get the votes six times. | 结果六年间六度无法获得投票支持 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 安德鲁史登 |
[05:15] | On the positive side, you’ve almost passed it so often. . . | 往光明面看,你屡次使它几乎过关 |
[05:18] | -. . .people think it’s a law. -Till somebody needs their HMO. | 大家以为它已经是法律了 需要健保时才知道重要 |
[05:22] | -Senate eked out a version. -Sorry to disappoint the president. . . | 参议院增补了一个版本 抱歉让总统失望了 |
[05:26] | -. . .but my House bill’s DOA. -Oh, we appreciate all your work. | 我的法案一下就挂了 我们很感谢你的努力 |
[05:29] | So I’m signing on to Strickman’s bill. | 所以我加入史崔克曼的法案 |
[05:32] | -Strickman’s a Republican. -He mentioned something about that. | 史崔克曼是共和党员 他提过那一点 |
[05:35] | Strickman calls it Patients’ Bill of Rights. . . | 史崔克曼称它为 《病患权利法案》 |
[05:38] | . . .because it’s better than Love Letter to Insurance. | 因为那比叫它做 〝给保险公司的情书〞好听 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 |
[05:41] | -Patients can’t sue. -A million-five cap. | 病患无法兴讼 额度可达一百至五百万 |
[05:43] | Your kid loses his legs after your health plan denies treatment? | 你曾因健保计划拒绝治疗… 编剧:卡萝弗林特 使孩子失去双腿吗? |
[05:47] | Your kid dies? | 你的孩子因而死亡吗? 你不能要他们上法庭 那项法案很不好 |
[05:48] | -You can’t take them to court. -It’s a bad bill. | 你不能要他们上法庭 那项法案很不好 |
[05:52] | So why dignify it by making it bipartisan? | 那何必要两党立案? 导演:萝拉因斯 |
[05:54] | I wouldn’t do it if I thought I could tip the balance. . . | 假如我觉得自己能影响平衡 就不会那么做 |
[05:57] | . . .but Strickman can’t get enough votes. | 但是史崔克曼得不到足够同意票 |
[05:59] | Strickman’s an old hand. He’s got something up his sleeve. | 史崔克曼是老手,他还有招式没出 |
[06:02] | When I came to the Hill, you couldn’t get agreement on the right to the closest ER. | 当我来到国会山庄时,你连去 最接近的急诊室都不行 |
[06:07] | You couldn’t negotiate a woman’s right to ob-gyns. . . | 你无法交涉女性找妇产科的权利 |
[06:09] | . . .or a kid’s right to pediatricians. | 或是孩童找小儿科的权利 |
[06:12] | Forget about liability. You couldn’t find support for a right to arbitration. | 别管责任归属问题 你对寻求仲裁的权利找不到支持 |
[06:16] | That’s all common ground now. | 现在都成了共通点 我想让各方继续对话,乔西 |
[06:17] | I want to keep these parties talking, Josh. | 我想让各方继续对话,乔西 |
[06:20] | So this is basically all warm-up to announcing that you’re gonna run. | 所以这是暖身活动 好让你宣布将投入竞选 |
[06:24] | -No. -This isn’t some convoluted. . . | 不是 这不是某种我没设想到… |
[06:26] | . . .legislative way I haven’t figured out yet of asking for a favor? | 要求帮忙的复杂立法过程? |
[06:30] | Well, I wouldn’t mind if you let me keep my huevos. . . | 当你在公共场合,因为我逾级 而把我大切八块时 |
[06:33] | . . .when you eviscerate me in public for breaking ranks. | 如果让我保有我的蛋蛋 我会很感激啰 |
[06:36] | You’re a deserter. You can have them back at the airport. | 你是墙头草 你的蛋蛋可以在机场领回 |
[06:41] | Fifty-seven, 58, 59. You don’t need to tag along. | 57,58,59,你不必跟来 |
[06:44] | -It’s my office. -Probably it’s not. | 这是我的办公室 也许不是 |
[06:46] | Seventy. The basement? | 70步,地下室? |
[06:48] | -I’d be fine down here. -Eighty. | 我在这里没问题 |
[06:51] | You’re deputy special assistant to the chief of staff now. | 你现在成了幕僚长的特别助理 |
[06:54] | So are five other guys. I’ll crowd in with them. | 还有其他五个人也是 我会跟他们挤 |
[06:56] | They’re not special deputy special assistants. You’re special. | 他们不是特别的特别助理 你才是 |
[06:59] | -Honestly, I’d– -Okay, no. | 老实说,我… 好了,别说了 |
[07:02] | It’s outside the zone. | 是在那一区以外 |
[07:04] | -There’s a zone? -Less than 100 steps from C.J.’s office. | 那里有一区? 离茜洁的办公室不到一百步 |
[07:08] | -I could run when she calls. -Deputy special assistants don’t run. | 她打来时,我可以跑步 特别副助是不跑的 |
[07:12] | The first peacekeeper has been killed in the U.S. mission to the Middle East. | 这是美国在中东行动中 第一位丧命的和平部队人员 |
[07:17] | Sources confirmed this morning… | 今天早上消息来源证实 至少一名美国军人在卡法达伦丧生 |
[07:19] | … the death of at least one American soldier in Kfar Darom… | 至少一名美国军人在卡法达伦丧生 |
[07:22] | … where JTF forces were preparing the way… | 联合特遣部队正在准备 |
[07:25] | …for 18,000 American peacekeepers later this month. | 让一万八千名美国和平部队 在本月稍后抵达 |
[07:28] | The suicide bomber approached the Joint Task Force compound last night– | 自杀炸弹客在昨晚 接近联合特遣部队基地 |
[07:32] | -What are you doing? -I dropped a cuff link– | 你在做什么? 我弄掉了袖扣 |
[07:35] | -This is when you call me. -Want me yelling “nurse” all the time? | 你这个时候应该叫我 要我每五分钟叫一次〝护士〞吗? |
[07:39] | Don’t yell “nurse” at all. Do I call you “patient”? | 根本不必叫〝护士〞 我难道称呼你〝病人〞吗? |
[07:41] | I yell, “Miss Chakrabarty, I’ll need another bypass. “ | 我若是要再动一次心脏绕道手术 就会叫妳查克拉贝蒂小姐 |
[07:44] | You didn’t eat one bite. | 你一口都没吃 我不饿 坐下 |
[07:46] | -I’m not hungry. -Sit. | 我不饿 坐下 |
[07:48] | -Why you need a tie and jacket? -What would you recommend? | 你要领带和西装上衣干嘛? 那妳建议穿什么衣服? |
[07:52] | When Gandhi went to London to meet the king, he wore only a dhoti. | 当甘地到伦敦见国王时 他只系了块腰布 |
[07:55] | The reporter asked, “Aren’t you ashamed to wear so little?” Gandhi said, “No. “ | 记者问〝你穿那么少不羞耻吗?〞 甘地回答〝不〞 |
[07:59] | “The king will be wearing enough for both of us. “ | 〝国王穿的衣服够我们两人分〞 |
[08:02] | One difference between the Mahatma and myself. I warn you, there are others. | 这是玛哈特玛和我之间的不同 我警告妳,还有别的不同 |
[08:06] | You may browbeat me into using the breath spirometer. | 妳也许能威吓我使用呼吸肺量计 |
[08:10] | You may mother me about wound care. | 妳也许能像母亲般照顾我的 |
[08:13] | You may dole out the Vicodin like my AA sponsor. | 妳也许像瘾君子互诫协会赞助人 分配我的止痛剂 |
[08:16] | You may even entertain me with nutrition lectures. | 妳也许还能在营养方面高谈阔论 好让我乐在其中 |
[08:19] | -You need to eat. -You may not. . . | 你需要进食 可是妳不能… 不能提供时尚建议 |
[08:21] | . . .may not offer fashion advice. | 不能提供时尚建议 |
[08:24] | -Shall I come with you? -You shall not. | 我该跟你一起去吗? 不应该 |
[08:26] | Then I’ll time you. | 那么我会帮你计时 好极了,对时吧 |
[08:28] | Splendid. Set your watch. | 好极了,对时吧 |
[08:32] | You’ve been doing 10 minutes. Try for 12. | 你做了10分钟,试著做12分钟 |
[08:34] | Two more minutes on my own. I’ll give it my all. | 再靠自己两分钟,我全力以赴 |
[09:08] | Among the wounded, two peacekeepers remain in critical condition… | 在伤患当中有两位和平部队人员 情况依然危急 |
[09:11] | …at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. | 他们位于德国兰斯徒尔地区医院 |
[09:14] | Several soldiers are expected to return to Walter Reed Army Medical Center… | 有几位军人将在本周稍后 回到华盛顿特区 |
[09:18] | …in Washington, D. C. later this week… | 华特瑞德军方医院 |
[09:20] | … where they will be reunited with their families. | 他们将在那里与家人团聚 |
[09:25] | -Need something? -I’m just. . . | 需要什么吗? 我只是… |
[09:28] | . . .Iooking for the breakdown on the markup. | 在找标示处断裂的地方 |
[09:30] | -You’re getting good on those. -Thanks. | 妳变熟练了 谢谢 |
[09:32] | -Is that a new cast? -Two weeks ago. | 那是新石膏吗? 两周前的 |
[09:36] | Those are nice flowers. | 那些花蛮漂亮的 |
[09:39] | But come on. “I’m not going anywhere”? | 但是拜托, 〝我哪里都不去?〞 |
[09:42] | -From a photojournalist? -You read my card? | 摄影记者送的? 你看了我的慰问卡? |
[09:45] | -I’m watching Blarney boy. -The flowers aren’t from Colin. | 我在看布莱密那小子 花不是柯林送的 |
[09:48] | Why are you reading my card on my flowers on my desk? | 你为什么看我桌上 我花束里送我的慰问卡? |
[09:51] | -I thought they were for me. -Got a minute? | 我以为是给我的 有时间吗? |
[09:53] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:57] | You have seen the vice president’s schedule for the last four months, right? | 你看过副总统过去四个月的行程? |
[10:01] | It hasn’t somehow eluded you that he’s top-heavy on toasts at the AMA. . . | 你难道不觉得奇怪 他会是美国医药协会的头号嘉宾 |
[10:04] | . . .keynotes to the Association of Trial Lawyers. . . | 辩护律师协会的主讲人 |
[10:07] | . . .potlucks with the JDF and picnics with the NAMI? | 和青少年糖尿病联盟聚餐 以及与全国精神疾病联盟野餐? |
[10:11] | -I know. -You don’t need me articulating subtext. | 我懂了 你不必我再加以解释 |
[10:14] | -I should’ve called. -Damn straight. | 我早该先联络的 一点也没错 |
[10:16] | The VP’s been positioning himself on patients’ rights. | 副总统偏向病患权利那一方 |
[10:19] | He’s been up to his elbows in it. By Iowa, he’ll smell like patients’ rights. . . | 他已全力亲身投入,到爱州初选时 他会沾满病患权利的气息 |
[10:23] | . . .unless it evaporates. | 除非它突然消失无踪 它不见得必须如此 参议院上周通过一项法案 |
[10:24] | -It’s not going to. -The Senate passed a bill last week. | 它不见得必须如此 参议院上周通过一项法案 |
[10:27] | Now the House has a bipartisan effort graced by Matthew Santos. . . | 现在议会中两党共事 由麦修山多斯推动 |
[10:31] | . . .and all that elicits from the White House is a bland statement. | 结果从白宫方面得到的 都是不痛不痒的声明 |
[10:34] | I thought this was Toby. I expect this from him. | 我想是托比做的,我预期他会如此 |
[10:37] | I draw comfort in the predictability of it. | 他这么容易让人摸透 真让人感到自在 |
[10:39] | It was me. I can toughen it up. But the vice president doesn’t have to worry. | 是我,我可以让语气更强硬 但是副总统不必担心 |
[10:43] | -Strickman has no support. -He’s no fool. | 史崔克曼得不到支持 他不是傻子 |
[10:45] | -The Republicans might run with it. -I spoke to Santos. | 也许共和党会加以利用 我跟山多斯谈过 |
[10:49] | He’s gonna keep it on a low flame. | 他会低调持续推动 |
[10:50] | Patients’ rights will be alive as a campaign issue. . . | 病患的权利在副总统竞选时 |
[10:53] | . . .for the vice president. I promise. | 必须当做一著活棋,我保证 |
[10:57] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[10:59] | Yes, Madame Prime Minister, it is a tragic loss. | 是,首相女士,这真是惨痛的损失 |
[11:02] | But I wouldn’t call it a harbinger. | 但是我不把当它做前兆 |
[11:04] | Our troops responded swiftly to correct the vulnerability. | 我们的部队迅速反应 以弥补自己的弱点 |
[11:07] | I’m not taking my cues from your cable broadcasts. | 我不是随你们的有线新闻起舞 |
[11:10] | -That’s a relief. -But I am concerned… | 真令人松了一口气 但是我很关切 |
[11:13] | …about deploying more peacekeepers without a secured base. | 在没有确保安全的基地前 就部署更多安全部队 |
[11:16] | And I am too. | 我也很关切 |
[11:18] | We have installed more anti-RPGs, and we’re enlarging the control area. | 我们设更多反火箭发射手榴弹武器 并扩大控制区域 |
[11:23] | But I can assure you, our confidence in the mission has not altered. | 但是我可以向妳保证 我们对该任务的信心仍未改变 |
[11:26] | You still expect full deployment by… ? | 你仍然预计何时部署完毕? |
[11:28] | March. General Danzig at UCOM will confirm the timetable. . . | 在三月,丹泽将军 将会与怀特海德将军 |
[11:31] | . . .and security measures with General Whitehead. | 确认时间表及安全措施 |
[11:34] | -I see no problems on our end. -That’s good news. | 我在我们这一方不觉得有问题 真是好消息 |
[11:37] | -My best to Reggie. -And mine to Abigail. | 帮我问候瑞吉 也帮我问候艾碧 |
[11:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢妳 |
[11:41] | -That was brisk. -Which is good. | 真简捷 那样很好 |
[11:43] | When she mulls, it’s trouble. | 当她深思时,就有麻烦了 我们联络那名士兵的家人了吗? |
[11:45] | Have we contacted the soldier’s family yet? | 我们联络那名士兵的家人了吗? |
[11:47] | Just the father, sir. I’ll get him for you now. | 只联络到父亲,总统先生 我现在就帮你找他 |
[11:50] | -Thank you. -The Palestinian Authority. . . | 谢谢 巴勒斯坦当局… |
[11:52] | . . .uncovered a stockpile of explosives today. | 今天发现一堆炸药 |
[11:54] | -The good news is– -That they actually told us about it? | 好消息是… 他们居然把这件事告诉我们? |
[11:58] | One day at a time. That’s how we’re gonna make this work. | 一天天慢慢来 要这样才能有效推动 |
[12:01] | What else? | 还有什么事? 你认为这是因为进行时 太过草率而导致的? |
[12:03] | You think this is a result of the hasty way this was put together? | 你认为这是因为进行时 太过草率而导致的? |
[12:06] | Absolutely. Two thousand troops…. | 一点也没错,两千名军队… |
[12:10] | I hate these calls. | 我讨厌这种电话 |
[12:13] | -You want me to. . .? -You don’t work here anymore. | 妳要我来联络? 你已经不在我手下工作了 |
[12:27] | Hello, Mr. Godfrey? I’m calling from the White House. | 是葛福瑞先生吗?我从白宫打来 |
[12:30] | I’m sorry to bother your family at this difficult time. . . | 很抱歉在这种 难过的时刻打扰你家人 |
[12:34] | . . .but I have President Bartlet calling for you. | 但是巴特勒总统想致电给你 |
[12:36] | -May I put him on? -No, you may not. | 能让我转接给他吗? 不,不必转了 |
[12:39] | -I have no interest– -I under– Sir. I’m sorry– | 我没兴趣… 我了解,先生,真抱歉… |
[12:45] | Yes, sir. I unders– | 是的,先生,我了解… |
[12:49] | Of course, it’s your– | 当然,这是你的… |
[12:52] | -And you can tell Bartlet I said so. -I will. | 你可以跟巴特勒讲我这么说 我会的 |
[12:56] | And if you’d like, I can arrange for you– | 假如你愿意,我能帮你安排… |
[13:08] | -Is he on? -Not exactly. | 他在线上吗? 不尽然 |
[13:22] | Either I’m getting used to these meetings, or that wasn’t all bad news. | 假如不是我习惯了这种会议 就是不全然是坏消息 |
[13:26] | Thirty-six hours, and no secondary attacks on our peacekeepers. | 过了36小时 没有对和平部队的第二波攻击 |
[13:29] | Did a chaplain contact Godfrey’s father yet? | 随营牧师联络葛福瑞的父亲了吗? |
[13:32] | Yes, ma’am. A chaplain joined the casualty assistance officer. . . | 联络过了 随营牧师由伤亡协助军官陪同 |
[13:35] | . . .at the family home last night. | 昨晚到了他家 |
[13:37] | Of course, the father still may speak out. | 当然,他的父亲仍然想发言 |
[13:39] | That’s his prerogative. | 他有这种权利 |
[13:41] | I have a question about your troop depletion estimate. . . | 我有关于你们部队耗损估计的问题 |
[13:44] | -. . .or rather, lack of estimate. -Force depletion. | 或是你们根本没估计… 军力耗损 |
[13:48] | -We call it force depletion. -But I’m correct. | 我们称为军力耗损 但是我说得没错 |
[13:51] | This is the estimate of how many troops we expect to lose in the mission? | 这是我们对于任务中 预期会损失的军人数目? |
[13:54] | -We don’t break it out that way. -Is that why the estimate. . . | 我们不会把它这样分开来看 所以在此的估计数据… |
[13:58] | -. . .is left blank here? -No, ma’am. | 留成空白吗? 不 |
[13:59] | Leo liked us to leave out our number until he got the NSA estimate. | 里奥在拿到国家安全局的估计前 要我们先别填数字 |
[14:03] | That way the projections were decided independently. | 如此才能独立计算出预期数据 |
[14:06] | But you would share your estimate with Leo. | 但是你会把你的估计与里奥分享 |
[14:08] | -When he asked. -I’m asking. | 假如他问起的话 我现在就在问 |
[14:10] | How much of our force may be depleted in JTF Palestine? | 在巴勒斯坦的联合特遣部队 我们的军力会耗损多少? |
[14:13] | All due respect, that’s complex. | 没有不敬之意,但是那很复杂 |
[14:15] | Based on past Israeli losses, previous peacekeeping missions. . . | 根据过去以色列的损失 先前的维持和平任务 |
[14:18] | . . .we’re prepared to respond to 1 percent depletion over 12 months. | 我们准备回应在12个月中 损失1%的军力 |
[14:22] | -Up to 200 soldiers. -Well, this isn’t a body count. | 最多两百名军人 这不是数人头 |
[14:25] | The 1 percent includes the entire military force strength. | 那1%包括所有军力组织 |
[14:28] | -Munitions, structures, aircraft. -And troops? | 包括军火,建筑工事,军机 以及军队? |
[14:31] | If you’re concerned about the Dover Test, it’s too early to worry. | 假如妳担心多佛测试 现在担心还为时太早 |
[14:35] | The Dover Test? | 多佛测试? |
[14:37] | Erosion of public support based on arrival of coffins at our air base. | 从空军基地运回的棺木数量 所损失的民众支持 |
[14:40] | I wanted to understand projections. The Dover Test wasn’t my concern. | 我要了解预期数字 关心的不是多佛测试 |
[14:44] | But would you excuse me, commander? | 但是能容我失陪一下吗,指挥官? |
[14:46] | Margaret, has the press briefing started yet? | 玛格丽特,记者会简报开始了没? |
[14:49] | The Pentagon has not released the soldier’s name. That’s all I have. | 五角大厦还没公布士兵名字 我只知道这样 |
[14:53] | You can’t comment on whether there’s a problem identifying remains? | 你不能对于辨认是否出问题 做出评论吗? |
[14:56] | -I can’t. Chris. -Good toss. | 我不能,克里斯 转得好 |
[14:58] | -There are 1000 troops there. -Peacekeepers, 1100. | 那里有一千名军人 和平部队,一千一百名 |
[15:01] | It’s hard to believe the Pentagon can’t ID the casualty. | 很难相信五角大厦无法辨识死者 |
[15:04] | That’s Mr. Sligh’s speculation. Get a comment from his network. | 那是史莱先生的推测 从他的电视网去要求评论 |
[15:07] | -Now, hold on. I get to defend myself. -No, you don’t. | 等等,我必须为自己辩护 不,你没必要 |
[15:10] | -I’m forced to speculate because– -Was Toby briefed on Dover policy? | 我被迫推测,因为… 托比听取过多佛政策的简报吗? |
[15:14] | -Said he didn’t need to be. -Go to the Pentagon for that. | 他说他不需要 去找五角大厦 |
[15:17] | There’s no stalling to delay putting a face on this loss? | 不是在拖延著 为这场损失强打起精神? |
[15:20] | -Absolutely not. -Quick follow-up. | 绝对不是 快点进行后续报导 |
[15:22] | -Move on. -I have to move on. | 继续下个话题 我必须继续下个话题 |
[15:23] | To confirm: If the president is not pulling the curtain. . . | 继续下个话题 我必须继续下个话题 我想证实一下 假如总统没为和平计划的支出… |
[15:26] | . . .over the cost of his peace plan, why are the press being kept away. . . | 做掩饰,为何不让媒体采访… |
[15:30] | . . .from this slain soldier’s homecoming at Dover Air Base tomorrow? | 为国捐躯的士兵遗体 明天运回多佛空军基地的情况? |
[15:34] | The Dover mortuary has restricted press coverage for the last 13 years. | 多佛基地的太平间在过去13年来 一向限制媒体采访 |
[15:38] | The DOD suspended access during the previous administration. | 国防部在过去行动中 已经暂停媒体接触 |
[15:41] | Which this administration has ignored. Why the sudden clampdown? | 这行政部门忽略了媒体过去的管道 为何突然要关闭? |
[15:44] | It’s not sudden. We issued a directive six months ago. | 这不是突然决定的 我们在六个月前就发布指示 |
[15:48] | -No, no. -Your 11:00 is here. | 不… 11点会议的人来了 |
[15:49] | Six months ago, the decision was made to deny press access to Dover? | 六个月前的决定 是拒绝媒体进入多佛? |
[15:53] | -Why the change? -A request came from the Pentagon. . . | 为何要改变? 是基于家庭的关切 |
[15:55] | . . .based on families’ concerns. Historically, the events were not public. | 使五角大厦做出这项要求 传统上,这种活动不对外公开 |
[15:59] | They had evolved into media events. . . | 它们已变成媒体采访活动 |
[16:02] | . . .that competed with official memorial services. | 结果和正式告别仪式相冲突 |
[16:05] | Why wasn’t the policy change announced publicly? | 为何这项政策没有公开宣布? |
[16:07] | It wasn’t a change. It adhered to a policy already in place. | 那不是变化,而是巩固现有政策 |
[16:10] | But the administration altered its stance. | 但是行政部门改变它的执行态势 |
[16:13] | -Was an announcement discussed? -Of course. | 那项宣布经过讨论吗? 当然 |
[16:15] | -You were in the room? -I was. | 你在同一室内? 是的 |
[16:16] | By burying this in a directive, it looks like you had something to hide. | 由于把它摆在指示中 看起来好像你们在隐藏事情 |
[16:20] | Nothing was buried. Some people. . . | 不是在隐藏什么 |
[16:23] | -. . .argued to announce a change. -That would be me. | 有些人争论必须宣布改变 就是我 |
[16:25] | -Because it was seen as controversial. -Wrap it up. Adios. | 因为看起来很具争议性 快点说完,拜托 |
[16:30] | Look, the Dover closing was. . . . | 听好,关闭多佛这件事 |
[16:34] | Wasn’t taken lightly. | 无法让人等闲视之 |
[16:37] | I, and others, weighed in. Ultimately, it was the way we decided to go. | 我和其他人发表看法 最后我们决定采取这种方式 |
[16:40] | So you believe the press should have continued access to the air base? | 所以你相信媒体 应该继续获准进入空军基地? |
[16:44] | I appreciate the Pentagon’s need for a precedent. | 我很感谢五角大厦需要树立先例 |
[16:47] | Why? Why worry about precedent unless you expect a growing body count? | 为什么?除非你担心死亡数增加 否则担心先例干嘛? |
[16:51] | -Shut it down. -Is that what’s expected? More coffins? | 关掉 预期会如此吗?更多棺材? |
[16:55] | The number of coffins isn’t. . . . | 棺木的数目不会… |
[16:59] | Each life matters. | 每条生命都很重要 |
[17:00] | Whether it’s one or 100, access should be consistent. | 不论是一名或是一百名 管道都应该畅通 |
[17:07] | -You want him in your office? -Oh, yeah. | 妳要他到妳的办公室去吗? 当然 |
[17:10] | Stop. | 别再说了 |
[17:12] | I am not. | 我才没有 |
[17:14] | Because you’re pressuring me. | 因为你在对我施压 |
[17:18] | I have work to do. | 我还有工作要做 |
[17:20] | No, l– | 不,我… |
[17:21] | I said I would sleep on it. | 我说我会再想想 |
[17:24] | But I did, and it’s just not how I do things. It’s not– | 但是我想过以后 觉得这不是我处理事情的方法… |
[17:27] | No means no. Leave her alone. | 说不要就是不要,别打扰她 |
[17:31] | Who is this jerk, some slacker from physical therapy? I’ll kick his ass. | 这烂人是谁?物理治疗的废物? 我去修理他 |
[17:35] | You know, you could thank me for my chivalry. | 妳可以为我打抱不平而谢我 |
[17:58] | Toby. . . | 托比 |
[18:00] | . . .how’s that search for a press secretary coming? | 寻找新闻秘书的过程进行得如何? |
[18:03] | -I got rattled, said more than I meant. -We were both there six months ago. | 我火大起来,一时说过头了 我们六个月前都曾如此过 |
[18:07] | You didn’t like closing Dover. You couldn’t resist voicing your opinion. | 你不喜欢关闭多佛 你无法抗拒提出自己的意见 |
[18:10] | Exactly what I predicted. | 正如我的预测 |
[18:12] | We look like we’re hiding casualties. | 五角大厦得其所需 我们看起来像是在隐藏亡者 |
[18:15] | I don’t care about your insights, brilliant as they may be. | 我不在乎你的洞见 不管它们有多出众 |
[18:18] | -The decision was wrong. -We settled. | 那项决策是错误的 我们达成协议了 |
[18:20] | -I buried my opinions out there. -What were you doing back there? | 我在那里吞下自己的意见 妳在那里做什么? |
[18:24] | -Don’t you have a White House to run? -The briefing room is not your pulpit. | 妳不是要推动白宫事务吗? 简报室不是你的论坛 |
[18:28] | -I got rattled. -You did. Your ambivalence. . . | 我一时火气上升 的确 |
[18:30] | . . .toward a policy came out. You had ambivalence toward the peace– | 你对政策的矛盾情绪流露 你对和平部队的矛盾… |
[18:34] | -Are you questioning my loyalty? -I am questioning your self-control. | 妳在质疑我的忠诚? 我在质疑你的自我克制 |
[18:37] | If you can’t stick to our message, I don’t want you out there again. | 假如你无法贯彻我们的讯息 我就不要你再对外发言 |
[18:53] | -It is close to C.J. -The president won’t like it. | 这里很接近茜洁 总统不会喜欢 |
[18:57] | On the other hand, he won’t know. | 反过来说,他不会知道 |
[18:59] | -It is a storage area. -That might be an exaggeration. | 这是储藏区 用这里可能太夸张了 |
[19:02] | -We can’t do better? -Yeah. It’s a no. | 我们不能找到更好的? 没错,这里不行 |
[19:06] | Two more Democrats have jumped on Strickman’s bill. | 又多了两个民主党人 支持史崔克曼的法案 |
[19:09] | Then they’ll have enough votes to pass the thing. . . | 那样他们就掌握通过的足够票数 |
[19:12] | . . .midway through Russell’s first term. | 罗素第一任才做了一半 |
[19:14] | -Horwitz and Chambers came on. -Chambers is a pain in the ass. | 霍维兹和钱伯斯来了 钱伯斯很伤脑筋 |
[19:17] | Yeah, I called him and told him that. He said he was lobbied hard by your man. | 对,我打电话对他这样讲 他说他被你手下大力拉拢 |
[19:21] | -Santos is out whipping votes. -No. | 山多斯在四处拉票 不 |
[19:24] | Chambers thinks Santos is all about the meteoric rise, centerfold in Roll Call. | 钱伯斯认为山多斯只想快速崛起 在政论杂志得到介绍 |
[19:28] | Santos has one foot out the door. | 山多斯快要被拱出门了 |
[19:32] | -He’s whipping votes? -And I misspoke. | 他在到处拉票? 我没说清楚吗? |
[19:34] | It’s not Strickman’s bill anymore. It’s the Strickman-Santos bill. | 那已经不光是史崔克曼的法案了 而是史崔克曼和山多斯的 |
[19:38] | Donna, get Congressman Santos on the phone. | 唐娜,帮我打电话给山多斯众议员 |
[19:41] | No. | 不 |
[19:43] | Tell him I’m on my way. | 跟他说我马上过去 |
[19:45] | -I’ll set him straight. -I’ll back you up. | 我马上跟他讲清楚 我支援你 |
[19:50] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[19:56] | Leo? | 里奥? |
[19:58] | Otis. I haven’t seen you lately. | 欧提斯,好久不见 |
[20:01] | I thought maybe you upgraded to the Ritz. | 我以为你升级到丽池酒店了 |
[20:03] | These days, it’s mostly The Oriental. | 最近多半是在东方酒店 |
[20:05] | That’s right, Bangkok. I knew you wouldn’t stay retired. | 没错,曼谷 我就知道你不会满于退休 |
[20:09] | Sorry to hear– Well, you look great, though. | 抱歉听到…不过你看起来容光焕发 |
[20:13] | I never figured you for sainthood. . . | 我从来不当你是圣人 |
[20:16] | -. . .but deputy director of the WTO. -Keep it down. We’ll have protesters. | 而是世贸组织的副秘书长 别张扬,不然会引来抗议群众 |
[20:20] | My son was mortified by my career at CultiCo. | 我儿子对我在科提公司的生涯 感到很惊骇 |
[20:23] | -I remember. -Now my grandson. . . | 我记得 现在我的孙子… |
[20:24] | . . .has this WTO connection to live down. | 必须背负著世贸组织的关连 |
[20:27] | -Thankless. -Oh, God. | 不知感恩 天啊 |
[20:28] | Hey, did you hear from Phil? | 你有没有菲尔的消息? |
[20:31] | -He’s starting in again? -It’s what I’d do if I were still CEO. | 他又开始了? 假如我仍是执行长,就会这么做 |
[20:34] | If you don’t go back to the White House, CultiCo would put you on their board. | 假如你不回白宫 科提公司会在董事会安插你 |
[20:38] | -Yeah. Yeah. -There’s great things happening. | 是啊 有些好事在发生 |
[20:41] | It’s not just petrochemicals anymore. And the pressure’s not so– | 现在它不只是石化业了 压力也没有那么… |
[20:46] | Not to interrupt. I got worried. | 我不是打岔,只是担心 |
[21:07] | Congressman Santos’ office. | 山多斯众议员办公室 |
[21:13] | Wanna see if they have any magazines? | 想不想看他们有没有杂志? |
[21:15] | -You don’t have to wait. -I’m fine. | 你不必等 我没关系 |
[21:18] | -I’m really sorry, Mr. Lyman. -Does he know we’re waiting? | 我真抱歉,赖曼先生 他知道我们在等吗? |
[21:21] | -He’ll call when he’s free. -Is he here? | 他一有空就会打电话 他在不在? |
[21:23] | He’s tied up. Excuse me. | 他分身乏术,不好意思 |
[21:26] | Congressman Santos’ office. | 山多斯众议员办公室 |
[21:28] | Mr. Vacarro, let me see if I can get him. | 麦卡罗先生,让我看能否找到他 |
[21:31] | Is he putting that through? | 他转接过去了吗? |
[21:34] | Is that call going through? | 电话转接过去了吗? |
[21:38] | I’d say yes. | 我想是的 |
[21:40] | Doesn’t a Vacarro run Metson Health? | 不是有个麦卡罗经营麦森健保? |
[21:42] | The Metson Health that’s looking for a new chairman? | 在寻找新董事长的麦森健保? |
[21:45] | What do you wanna bet our guy’s up in Strickman’s conference room right now? | 你想不想赌我们要找的人 正在史崔克曼的会议室里? |
[21:49] | One way to find out. | 有个方法可以得知 |
[21:56] | Congressman? | 众议员? |
[22:00] | I’m sorry. I couldn’t break free. | 我很抱歉,我抽不开身 |
[22:02] | -This is Will Bailey. -Hi. | 这位是威尔贝利 你好 |
[22:03] | This isn’t a good time right now, Josh. I’m gonna call you tomorrow. | 现在不适合,乔西 我明天再联络你 |
[22:08] | Hey, congressman, hold up. | 众议员先生,等一下 |
[22:12] | -What’s going on? -I’m busy right now. | 有什么事? 我现在很忙 |
[22:14] | Whipping votes for a bill? | 忙著为法案拉票? |
[22:17] | -This isn’t what we talked about. -It’s what I do. | 我们之前不是这么说的 那是我的职责 |
[22:19] | -What, sell out your president? -This isn’t about the president. | 什么职责,出卖你的总统? 这和总统无关 |
[22:24] | The president doesn’t want a bill with no regulations. | 总统不想毫无调控的法案 |
[22:27] | If patients can’t sue their insurers, even when there’s outright negligence– | 假如病患无法控告保险公司 即使有明显渎职的情况… |
[22:31] | A million-five cap is a foot in the door– | 一至五百万的赔偿金上限 已经一脚进门 |
[22:33] | A million-five cap isn’t a pinkie in the dam. | 百万赔偿金只是杯水车薪 |
[22:35] | Have you seen the costs of catastrophic illness? Metson could give you a peek. | 你看过治疗重疾的花费吗? 麦森健保可以让你看看 |
[22:39] | -Slow down. -He slows down, you’ll ram this through. | 慢一点 他慢下来,让你冲过去 |
[22:43] | It’s not this bill you don’t want. It’s any bill. | 你并非不要这项法案 而是任何法案都不要 |
[22:46] | You’d let sick Americans suffer to help your candidate. | 你让生病的美国人继续受苦 好帮助你的候选人 |
[22:48] | This from a guy who’s bailing on constituents. | 规避宪法的人居然敢这么说 |
[22:51] | Some of us are in this for the long haul. We’ll govern after you’re gone. | 我们有些人打算长期抗战 你们走后,我们会治国 |
[22:54] | Gentlemen, this is governing. | 各位,这才是治国 |
[22:56] | making pals in the private sector. | 这是让你的履历表公诸于世 在私人公司广结善缘 |
[23:01] | -What do you think I’m doing? -You’d settle for less on this bill. . . | 你以为我在做什么? 你在这项法案大幅让步 |
[23:05] | -. . .to set up your next career move. -Settle for less. | 好为你生涯的下一步铺路 大幅让步 |
[23:07] | This is from the guys that are running Bob Russell for president? | 支持巴柏罗素竞选总统的人 居然讲这种话? |
[23:15] | I’m sorry, gentlemen. | 抱歉,各位 |
[23:24] | Yeah, it came today. | 是的,它今天来了 |
[23:28] | You make quite a tag team. | 你们真是合作无间 |
[23:31] | But if you’re on a deadline. . . . | 但是假如你们在赶时间 |
[23:36] | Fair enough. | 很公平 |
[23:38] | I won’t– I won’t make a decision without giving you that chance. | 我在做决定前会给你机会 |
[23:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:47] | You too. | 你也是 |
[23:50] | -Don’t you have a thing tonight? -A wedding. | 妳今晚不是有事吗? 婚礼 |
[23:53] | When my family asks why I missed the puja, I’ll say, “I couldn’t leave. | 当家人问我为何错过印度教礼拜时 我就说〝我走不开〞 |
[23:57] | -My patient refused to eat. ” -I’ll eat later. | 我的病人拒绝进食 我待会儿再吃 |
[24:00] | -You’re taking a job? -Not without consulting you. | 你要接工作? 在与妳咨商前不会 |
[24:03] | -It’s not wise. -You’d like me under your thumb forever. | 那是不智之举 妳希望我永远受妳照顾 |
[24:07] | Yes, my dream is to stay here watching you starve. | 对,我的梦想是 待在这里看你饿死 |
[24:09] | I have no appetite because I don’t do anything. If I agreed to part-time– | 我没胃口的原因是我什么都没做 假如我同意兼职 |
[24:13] | You don’t want me to go back to work? | 妳完全不要我回去工作? |
[24:15] | Ten breaths every hour. This one if you can’t sleep. | 每小时吸十口 假如睡不著,就用这个 |
[24:25] | Are you from Haryana? | 妳来自哈里雅纳吗? |
[24:28] | I don’t have to be. It’s in my country. | 我不必来自那里 那在我的国家里 |
[24:31] | A lot of folks died there in ’86. | 很多人在86年事故中过世 |
[24:36] | CultiCo is a different company now. | 科提公司已经改头换面了 |
[24:39] | -It has a different name. -And different people in charge. | 它只是换个名字 还有不同的负责人 |
[24:43] | People who helped clean up what happened. | 有人协助清理以前发生的事 |
[24:47] | I’m late. I’ll call you to check in. | 我迟到了,我会打电话回来 |
[24:51] | -Hutchinson said no to a Sunday spot? -We said no. . . | 杭奇森拒绝周日的席位? 是我们拒绝的 |
[24:54] | -. . .because he won’t let me prep him. -You go, girl. | 因为他不让我为他准备 加油,姐妹 |
[24:57] | -Do people still say that? -Not really. | 还有人用这种词吗? 不尽然 |
[24:59] | The lineup I like best for Sunday morning is I give them you. | 我最喜欢的周日阵容 是我把妳呈献给他们 |
[25:02] | New chief of staff, most powerful woman in D.C. | 新幕僚长,华府最有权势的女子 |
[25:04] | -That’d get them off the woes of Gaza. -I’ll think about it. | 那会让他们不追击加萨的伤痛 我会考虑 |
[25:07] | The Pentagon finally released Lieutenant Godfrey’s name. . . | 五角大厦总算公布葛福瑞中尉姓名 |
[25:10] | . . .the dead peacekeeper’s. . . | 那位殉职的和平部队人员 |
[25:12] | . . .which brings me to the last thing we need to bug you about. | 那位殉职的和平部队人员 这正好讲到 我们想烦妳的最后一件事 |
[25:15] | The lieutenant’s dad lives here. | 中尉的父亲住在本地 |
[25:17] | We thought the president might want to attend the funeral. | 我们觉得总统也许想参加葬礼 |
[25:21] | Show of respect, handing over the flag. | 以显示尊敬,传递国旗 |
[25:23] | This service is a private event. | 这项仪式是私人事件 |
[25:25] | -When they find out where he’s from– -The father is not a fan. | 当他们发现他家乡就在此地时… 他父亲不表支持 |
[25:28] | The president has 90-percent approval here. | 总统在此有90%的支持率 |
[25:30] | Godfrey Senior is in the minority, and it’s not necessarily a silent one. | 葛福瑞的父亲属于少数 而且他不见得会表示沉默 |
[25:34] | Looks like he may issue a statement later today. | 看来他今天稍后会发表声明 |
[25:41] | When were you gonna tell us that? | 妳本来何时会告诉我们? |
[25:42] | Easier to say “no comment” when you have no comment. | 我刚说了,假如你真的没意见 就比较容易说〝无可奉告〞 |
[25:45] | -That used to piss you off. -And now it’s pissing you off. | 以前妳听了会生气 现在你听了会生气 |
[25:50] | Anything else? | 还有什么事? |
[25:54] | We need a stronger response on the patients’ bill. Tell her– | 我们对病患法案需要更强烈的回应 要她… |
[25:57] | -Juice it up? -High octane. | 加油添醋? 更有爆炸性 |
[25:59] | -I thought we wanted a patients’ bill. -Not this demon seed. | 我以为我们想要病患法案 不是这个坏痞子 |
[26:02] | The Republicans won’t budge on the liability cap. | 共和党员不会在责任赔偿金退让 |
[26:05] | Patients won’t be able to recoup their out-of-pocket expenses. Some rights. | 病患无法拿回自费的支出 这算哪门子权利 |
[26:09] | Will said Santos picked up eight more votes from our side. | 威尔说山多斯从我们的阵容 又挖走了八票 |
[26:12] | -And many Republicans. -You want to distance the White House. | 还有许多共和党人 你想要疏离白宫 |
[26:15] | I want the White House in a different galaxy. | 我要在另一个星系的白宫 |
[26:17] | Annabeth wondered if she could get a minute later. | 安娜贝丝想知道 待会儿能否留给她一点时间 |
[26:20] | -Donna’s got something now. -She needs Donna. About Dateline. | 唐娜现在有事 她要找唐娜,有关《日线》节目 |
[26:24] | -When am I doing Dateline? -Never. | 我何时要上《日线》? 永远不能 |
[26:26] | I mean, I said no on your behalf. I’ll follow up. | 我帮你回绝了,我会再跟进 |
[26:30] | Well, I would characterize congressional support as hesitant at best. | 我形容国会支持 最多也只能说是迟疑 |
[26:34] | The decision to send 18,000 American troops… | 送一万八千名美国军人 |
[26:37] | … to a war zone in the Middle East was made by the president… | 到中东战区的决定 是由总统和他的智囊团 |
[26:40] | …and his advisors at the Camp David summit. | 在大卫营会议中决定的 |
[26:42] | Congressional leaders were not consulted. | 没有和国会领袖讨论过 |
[26:45] | Congress chose to support President Bartlet’s desire to pursue peace… | 国会选择支持巴特勒总统 追求和平的渴望 |
[26:49] | …between Israel and Palestine to end the war that has killed thousands. | 以结束在以色列和巴勒斯坦间 使千万人丧命的战争 |
[26:53] | But the fact of the matter is, when we voted to approve peacekeepers… | 但是实情是 当我们投票同意派和平部队时 |
[26:58] | … we were led to believe that the president had a viable strategy in place… | 我们受误导,以为总统从一开始 已经有实际可行的方案 |
[27:02] | …first and foremost, to secure the safety of American troops on foreign terrain. | 以确保美国军人在国外的安全 |
[27:07] | Now, less than 15 days into the mission… | 现在任务开始还不到15天 |
[27:09] | … the president’s promises have been broken. | 总统的承诺已经被打破 |
[27:13] | We’ve lost one life, so I am asking the question every American is asking. | 我们已失去一条人命 所以我想提出美国人都在问的问题 |
[27:18] | Are there more to come? | 还会有更多人丧生吗? |
[27:40] | What are you doing here? | 妳回来干嘛? |
[27:42] | I brought you food. | 我带食物来给你 |
[27:54] | You’re a broken record. | 妳真像跳针的唱片 |
[27:58] | Be very quiet, huh? Mr. McGarry needs his rest. | 安静一点好吗? 马加瑞先生必须静养 |
[28:02] | -Is this your little one? -This is Malti. | 那是妳女儿吗? 这是马蒂 |
[28:05] | -Say hello. -Hi. | 打招呼 你好 |
[28:08] | Hello. | 妳好 |
[28:12] | -So nice wedding? -Very nice. | 婚礼顺利吗? 非常顺利 |
[28:15] | You took your pill? | 你吃过药了吗? |
[28:20] | -That smells good. -Nan. Still warm. | 闻起来很香 是印度烤饼,还是热的 |
[28:25] | Try it. | 吃吃看 |
[28:31] | Yeah, but to even stop to think that maybe… | 好,但是停下来想想 |
[28:34] | … we ought to stop butting into people’s…. | 也许我们不该再闯进别人的… |
[28:36] | -I’m sorry. Am I interrupting? -Oh, not a bit. Thanks for stopping by. | 抱歉,我打扰妳们了? 一点也没有,谢谢妳过来 |
[28:40] | You heard from Dateline? I already told them no, and three others. | 妳听说《日线》了吗? 我已经拒绝他们和其他三个节目 |
[28:44] | Probably makes them chase you harder. Now I’ve got CAA calling. | 也许让他们更难追到妳 现在连CAA都打来了 |
[28:47] | -What does the CIA want? -No, CAA. | 中情局要怎样? 不,是创意艺人经纪 |
[28:50] | Talent agency. They think you need representation. | 经纪公司,他们认为妳需要代表 |
[28:53] | -Is this about the CBS thing? -Yeah. | 是因为哥伦比亚电视台的关系? 对 |
[28:55] | I don’t even wanna do an interview. Now I’m a movie. | 我根本不想接受访问 现在我简直是像在拍电影 |
[28:58] | M.O.W. | 电视电影 |
[28:59] | -Is that different? -More likely to get made. | 电视电影 有什么不一样? 比较容易拍成 |
[29:02] | -This is all ridiculous. -Why? | 这一切太荒谬了 为什么? |
[29:04] | Girl next door travels to a war-torn spot. . . | 邻家女孩前往战乱区 |
[29:07] | . . .survives terrorism to bring a message of peace to her president. It’s heroic. | 平安度过恐怖主义 带回和平讯息给总统,真英勇 |
[29:11] | Could it be good for us? For the peace plan? | 这对我们是好消息吗? 对于和平计划? |
[29:14] | Maybe. But you get paid. You couldn’t keep working here. | 也许是,但是妳拿了钱 妳不能继续在此工作 |
[29:16] | Oh, then forget it. | 那就算了 |
[29:20] | Paid how much? | 薪水多少? |
[29:24] | We are getting a lot of bad press. | 我们得到不少恶评 |
[29:26] | -Maybe I should do a news interview? -No pressure, but my gut is you’d pop. | 也许我应该接受新闻访问? 没压力,但是我猜妳会承受不住 |
[29:32] | Or you can talk to Toby. | 妳也可以跟托比谈 |
[29:35] | Or C.J. She’d know best. | 或是茜洁,她最清楚 |
[29:41] | The thing is. . . | 问题在于… |
[29:45] | . . .I wasn’t heroic. | 我一点也不英勇 |
[29:49] | I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. l– | 我只是在错误时刻到错地方… |
[29:55] | But the soldier who was just killed, and the ones that were wounded. . . | 但是那些遇害的军人 以及因而负伤的人 |
[29:59] | . . .those guys chose that. | 那些人选择如此 |
[30:02] | They volunteered for a job they knew would put them in harm’s way. | 他们自愿选择了这项工作 知道会让自己面临危机 |
[30:08] | That’s heroic. | 那才算英勇 |
[30:22] | Talk to Will? | 要跟威尔谈吗? |
[30:24] | -Just now. -Is he thinking pills or a razor? | 现在 他想要药还是刮胡刀? |
[30:28] | He’s got a ledge in his office, but it’s only on the second floor. | 他在办公室有个避风港 但是只在二楼 |
[30:31] | -You’re gloating. -Over a certain colleague’s misfortune? | 你在幸灾乐祸 为某位同僚的不幸? |
[30:34] | Yeah. I’m not ashamed of what it says about me as a person. | 对,我不觉得表达自我有多可耻 |
[30:37] | The president’s about to be faced with a crummy excuse for legislation. | 总统即将面对立法的蹩脚借口 |
[30:41] | Good title, Patients’ Bill of Rights. Hard not to love that. | 名字取得好,《病患权利法案》 不得不爱它 |
[30:44] | Maybe it’ll fix in conference, or we can proclaim it National Veto Month. | 也许会议中会修改 或是我们能称为全国否决周 |
[30:48] | -The president’s not gonna veto it. -He won’t sign it. It’s grand theft. | 总统不会否决它 他不会签署,这是窃国 |
[30:51] | They stole the issue and stripped it for parts. | 他们窃取这项议题 杀鸡取卵 |
[30:54] | -Have you read the bill? -Yeah, I read it. | 你阅读过那项法案吗? 是的,我阅读过 |
[30:56] | Lately? The Strickman-Santos bill the House just passed? | 最近读过吗?众议会刚通过的 史崔克曼和山多斯法案? |
[30:59] | Why? | 为什么? |
[31:02] | Read the bill. | 读一读那个法案 |
[31:07] | Hey, I was afraid I’d missed you. | 我真怕错过你 |
[31:09] | -Almost a clean getaway. -I have an idea. | 差点顺利逃脱 一下子就好,我有个想法 |
[31:12] | -Yep. -It’s good for the president. | 请说 这对总统有利 |
[31:14] | It’ll turn the tide on a tough news cycle and give us a fresh start. | 这能扭转一连串负面新闻 让我们重新开始 |
[31:17] | -There’s a catch. -We have to sell it to C.J. | 条件是? 我们必须说服茜洁 |
[31:21] | -And you think I’m the guy for that? -You know her best. | 妳认为要我来做? 你最了解她 |
[31:25] | What’s the pitch? | 应该从哪个角度? |
[31:26] | -Millet. -That’s the secret. | 粟米 那正是秘诀 |
[31:30] | The special seed that gives a certain oil. | 能产生某种油的特别种子 |
[31:33] | Only grown in one small area of the Punjab. | 只在旁遮普省一小块区域生长 |
[31:36] | -You found your appetite. -They ought to market this. | 你有食欲了 他们应该推销这玩意 |
[31:40] | It has no shelf life. My aunt had to smuggle it on a plane. | 它经不起久放 我姑妈必须把它走私上机 |
[31:43] | So basically, I have to move to the Punjab? | 所以基本上,我必须搬到旁遮普? |
[31:46] | Even there, it can’t compete now. Most farmers grow GMO corn. | 它连在那里都竞争不了 多数农夫种基因改造作物 |
[31:51] | -And make better money doing it. -Yes, they never had money before. | 而且如此能更赚钱 对,他们以前都没有钱 |
[31:55] | Or debt. | 也没欠债 |
[32:04] | My uncle had to sell his land to pay off seed he can’t replant. . . | 我伯伯必须卖掉土地 以购买他无法再次生长的种子 |
[32:08] | . . .engineered for chemicals he cannot afford. | 配上他负担不起的化学药品 |
[32:11] | No one’s forced to use biotech. They want it. | 没人被迫使用生化科技 他们想要它 |
[32:14] | These advances will feed the world. | 这些先进科技能喂饱全世界 |
[32:16] | People starve because they are kept poor. | 大家挨饿的原因是他们依然穷困 |
[32:20] | So now CultiCo’s responsible for Third World corruption? | 所以现在科提公司 要为第三世界的腐败负责? |
[32:24] | I didn’t say CultiCo. | 我没说科提公司 |
[32:27] | Open markets redistribute wealth. | 开放市场会重新分配财富 |
[32:31] | -You’re right. -Sure. . . | 你说得没错 当然 |
[32:34] | . . .there are blind spots in the corporate view. | 在企业观点中总有盲点 |
[32:40] | That’s why I left the first time. | 所以我一开始就离开了 |
[32:45] | Enough money. | 赚够钱了 |
[32:47] | Profits. | 利润够多了 |
[32:50] | And these guys. . . | 而这些人 |
[32:54] | . . .never say “enough. “ | 从来都觉得不够 |
[32:58] | I’m not made that way. | 我的个性不是那样 |
[33:03] | So they replace small farmers growing many seeds with monocultures. | 所以他们把种植多种作物的小农 更换成单一农业 |
[33:08] | And we all lose the means to feed ourselves. | 我们都失去自给自足的能力 |
[33:11] | What? | 什么? |
[33:14] | You found your appetite. | 你找回食欲了 |
[33:29] | Reassure me the president won’t sign this. | 再次向我保证总统不会签署它 |
[33:31] | -Santos got the cap raised. -To a slap on the wrist. | 山多斯把额度提高了 只是轻描淡写 |
[33:34] | -Five million’s not nothing. -You think the vice president. . . | 五百万不算小数目 你以为是副总统在推动 |
[33:37] | . . .scared the Republicans up to that figure? | 把共和党人吓得提高数字? |
[33:39] | -Absolutely. Still, it’s impressive. -lf that’s what impresses you. | 没错,不过这仍然很可观 假如你只对此感到可观 |
[33:42] | Some would be impressed with the $20 million Russell’s raised for his war chest. | 有些人会对罗素为武器柜 募得的两千万更感到可观 |
[33:47] | It would impress some that their VP got endorsements from Lasko and Carpenter. | 副总统上周从莱斯可和卡本特公司 收到的赞助更会令人另眼相看 |
[33:51] | -Yeah, I meant to– -lf you guys– Not the president. . . | 我本来想要… 假如你们…不是总统… |
[33:54] | . . .we have his respect. The rest of you are so busy throwing up roadblocks. . . | 我们得到他的尊重 你们其他人都忙著阻碍 |
[33:59] | . . .you haven’t noticed it’s three months till Iowa, and nobody– Don’t say Baker. | 没注意到再过三个月的爱荷华初选 没人…别说贝克 |
[34:03] | Nobody who’s declared is polling within 10 points of my guy. | 其他宣布竞选的人 支持率都落后我们10%以上 |
[34:06] | -I have noticed. -And could you sound more miserable? | 我注意到了 你还能听起来更可悲吗? |
[34:09] | Forget patients’ rights. Russell is on his way to being the nominee. . . | 把病患权利法案忘了 罗素即将成为候选人 |
[34:13] | . . .and God willing, our next president, so get onboard or get out of my way. | 假如上天帮忙,还会成为下任总统 所以不是加入,就是滚开 |
[34:21] | -You see the Times? -Yeah. | 你看到时代杂志了吗? 看了 |
[34:22] | We’re “hiding the price of peace. “ | 我们在〝隐藏和平的代价〞 |
[34:25] | Yeah. You have a second? I wanna run something by you. | 对,妳有时间吗? 我要向妳提一件事 |
[34:27] | -C.J. won’t like it. -C.J. won’t see it. | 茜洁不会喜欢 茜洁不会看到 |
[34:29] | -That’s not the only– -I’ll go to her office, right? Hey, guys. | 不只是那一点 她有需要,我就过去,对吗?各位 |
[34:34] | -Hey, Charlie. -There isn’t even a desk. | 查理 这里连桌子也没有 |
[34:36] | -One’s buried under here. -What is all that? | 有一张埋在这里 那是什么? |
[34:38] | My fellow deputy special assistants tell me these are commission reports. . . | 我的特别副助同事告诉我 这些是没人能接触到的… |
[34:42] | . . .and initiatives no one’s gotten around to. | 委员会报告和草案 |
[34:44] | -I hope most of it’s recycle. -Got an assignment? | 我希望它们多半可回收 有工作要做吗? |
[34:46] | -Pile on. -Well, maybe. For the time being. | 放上来 也许可以,以目前来说 |
[34:49] | Call when you need me. | 需要我时就打给我 |
[34:51] | Mr. McGarry? Did you fall in? | 马加瑞先生,你摔倒了吗? |
[35:06] | Going through my trash now? | 现在开始翻我的垃圾了? |
[35:10] | -Nice sweater. Cashmere? -You coming along, or what? | 很漂亮的毛衣,是喀什米尔的? 妳要一起来还是怎样? |
[35:21] | We handpick the pool, choose camera positions. Could be good for everyone. | 我们亲手选择泳池和摄影角度 应该大家都能获益 |
[35:25] | -It’s worth taking it to him. -How long would advance need? | 向他提出是值得的 必须预先提早多久? |
[35:28] | Advance already spoke to Walter Reed. | 已经先和华特瑞德医院谈过 |
[35:30] | The five soldiers arrived yesterday. They’re all stable. | 昨天五位军人抵达 他们情况都很稳定 |
[35:33] | Are you worried it’ll look like a photo op, too eager to show he cares? | 你们担心这会看起来像公关照 太迫切地显示他在乎? |
[35:37] | -He does care, but we’d be vulnerable. -But after the focus on casualties. . . | 他的确在乎,但是我们会很不利 但是在焦点放在死者后 |
[35:41] | . . .here are the survivors with their commander in chief. | 这些悻存者与三军统帅一起出现 |
[35:44] | It’s not a bad way to reiterate his budget increase for Veterans Affairs. | 用这种方式重新强调 他对退休军人预算增加还不错 |
[35:47] | We don’t want to appear to exploit anyone. | 我们不想看起来在利用别人 |
[35:50] | We can trust this president to be authentic. | 我们可以信任总统的真诚 |
[35:53] | Advance cleared it with the wounded soldiers. They’re all okay with it. | 已预先问过受伤军人 他们都觉得不要紧 |
[35:59] | I’ll recommend it to the president with one small adjustment. | 我会向总统提出,并做一处小更动 |
[36:03] | I haven’t decided not to work. I’m just not rushing into something new. | 我还没决定不要工作 我只是不想赶著接受新工作 |
[36:08] | I’m gonna give myself some time. | 我要给自己一点时间 |
[36:11] | -What’s for dinner? -Hungry? | 晚餐吃什么? 饿了吗? |
[36:13] | -I’ll have to watch your cholesterol. -Okay, okay. | 我必须注意你的胆固醇 好的 |
[36:18] | The body is predictable. | 人体很容易预测 |
[36:20] | One month after a bypass, the appetite returns. | 做心脏绕道手术一个月后 食欲就回来了 |
[36:25] | Your sleep will grow less disturbed, and your heart will quiet down. | 你的睡眠会更安稳 心脏也会恢复安静 |
[36:29] | -My heart? -Haven’t you heard it beating? | 我的心脏? 你难道没听到它跳动? |
[36:32] | In surgery, they cut the pericardial sac, which insulates the heart. | 他们在手术时切开心包膜 它使得心脏受到隔绝 |
[36:36] | Afterwards, it seems to pound. | 在那之后,心脏感觉像在猛跳 |
[36:37] | -They can’t repair it? -Heart’s too swollen. | 他们无法补救? 心脏肿胀得太大了 |
[36:41] | You have to wait until it settles down, scars over on its own. | 你必须等它平稳下来,自行愈合 |
[36:46] | I might miss the sound. I’ve gotten used to it. | 我也许会想念这个声音 我逐渐习惯了它 |
[36:50] | Part of healing. | 那是疗伤的一部分 |
[36:52] | Going on. | 继续 |
[37:00] | Congressman, I believe I owe you an apology. | 众议员,我相信我欠你一个道歉 |
[37:06] | -You want a beer? -Sure. | 你要喝啤酒吗? 好 |
[37:12] | So either you got the cap to move by promising you’d deliver Chambers. . . | 你若不是让上限 更动成答应钱伯斯的数字 |
[37:16] | . . .or you got Chambers by promising movement on the cap. Or both. | 就是你使钱伯斯答应更动上限 或是两者皆是 |
[37:20] | -Glass, or you all right with a bottle? -Bottle’s fine. | 杯子,还是你不在意拿酒瓶喝? 酒瓶就可以 |
[37:23] | Once the momentum got going. . . | 一旦气势开始发展 |
[37:25] | . . .you called a couple of the friendlier HMOs. . . | 你打给几个较友善的健康维护组织 |
[37:28] | . . .to let them know for their own good that a 5 million cap was still a cap. . . | 让他们知道,为了他们好 五百万的上限仍是上限 |
[37:32] | . . .and they sure didn’t want this thing passing with the sky the limit. | 他们绝对不会希望法案通过时 变成毫无上限 |
[37:35] | But what I’d like to know is if you let your own bill self-destruct. . . | 但是我想知道 你是否会让自己的法案自动消灭 |
[37:40] | . . .and joined with Strickman knowing there was an opening. . . | 而和史崔克曼联手 知道那里有空缺 |
[37:43] | . . .if you let them take the lead, or if you just went with it. | 你让他们带头,你则乘势而行 |
[37:47] | It didn’t hurt the other day in the hall when you. . . | 前几天在大厅时 |
[37:50] | -. . .demonstrated my independence. -Well, I’m always happy to do my part. | 显示我的独立,无伤大雅 我一向乐于尽自己的责任 |
[37:56] | Vice president softening up the battlefield didn’t hurt. | 副总统在战场上软化也无伤大雅 |
[38:01] | There’s nothing motivates Republicans more. . . | 最能激励共和党的 |
[38:03] | . . .than a chance to hijack one of our issues. | 莫过于劫持我们的议题之一 |
[38:06] | So House bill, Senate bill, not very far apart. | 所以参议院法案,众议院法案 两者都差不多 |
[38:10] | Recess next week, here you are drinking a beer? | 下周才休会 而你已在喝啤酒? |
[38:13] | Don’t tell me you’re already out of conference. | 别跟我说你已经无会可开了 |
[38:17] | Something’ll be coming the president’s way first thing tomorrow. | 明天总统首先有要事处理 |
[38:22] | You’re too good at this. You can’t just walk away. | 你太擅长这种事了 不能就这样离开 |
[38:29] | Watch me. | 你看著好了 |
[38:42] | -I’m glad we’re doing this. -Me too. | 我很高兴我们能这么做 我也是 |
[38:52] | -She took your suggestion. -Except for the press part. | 她接受了妳的建议 除了媒体那部分 |
[38:55] | Well, they’re in the parking lot. | 他们在停车场那里 |
[38:57] | -A photo op with no photos? -I’ll see you inside. | 还是不准拍照? 我在里面见妳 |
[39:01] | No press, but we need a deputy press secretary? | 不要媒体 但是我们需要新闻部副主任? |
[39:03] | You knew cameras didn’t belong in this, but you had her bring it to me. | 你知道摄影机和这里格格不入 但是你要她向我提出意见 |
[39:07] | -You wanted to weigh in. -Leo used to weigh in. | 妳想提出自己的意见 里奥以前都会提 |
[39:09] | -When it bothered me, I said so. -I’m not ignoring you. It’s my job now. | 假如我感到讨厌,就会说出口 我不是忽略你,这是我的工作 |
[39:13] | You can’t do it if you spend all your time guarding your old turf. | 妳若把时间都花在守旧的领域 就无法做到 |
[39:26] | Hi. How are you? | 你好吗? |
[39:31] | -I’ll check on that for you, private. -Thank you, sir. | 我帮你调整,士兵 谢谢你,长官 |
[39:36] | -The new ones are state of the art. -That’s what I hear. | 新义肢是最先进的款式 我听说如此 |
[39:40] | They’ll have me fitted, up and walking in no time. | 他们会帮我量身订做 很快就能起身走动 |
[39:43] | And you know the Army. They’re not gonna let you lay around on their dime. | 你知道军队是什么情况 他们不会花自己的钱让你躺著休息 |
[39:47] | I wanna go back, sir. | 我想回去,长官 |
[39:49] | Well, I’ll put in a word with the Joint Chiefs. . . | 我会通知参谋总长 |
[39:54] | . . .but at the moment, your doctor’s your commanding officer. . . | 但是目前来说 医生就是你的指挥官 |
[39:58] | . . .so you make sure you follow her orders, okay? | 所以你一定要遵守她的指令好吗? |
[40:09] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[40:17] | And this is Lieutenant Martinez, Mr. President. | 这位是马汀尼兹中尉,总统先生 |
[40:19] | Lieutenant. | 中尉 |
[40:21] | -Did I say your name right? -Yes, ma’am. | 我说你的名字说得对吗? 说得对 |
[40:25] | But you don’t have to remember it when you start talking redeployment, sir. | 但是你开始谈到重新部署时 不必记得我的名字,长官 |
[40:31] | Is there anything I can do for you? | 我可以帮你什么忙吗? |
[40:36] | How about a prayer? | 祈祷一下如何? |
[40:44] | Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. | 我们在天上的父 愿人都尊你的名为圣 |
[40:50] | Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. | 愿你的国降临 愿你的旨意行在地上如同行在天上 |
[40:55] | Give us this day our daily bread. | 我们日用的饮食,今日赐给我们 |
[40:58] | And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass. . . . | 免我们的债,如同我们免了人的债 |
[41:18] | I needed some air. | 我需要透口气 |
[41:25] | -It ain’t no photo op. You knew that. -Now Annabeth knows that too. | 这不是公关拍照,你心知肚明 现在安娜贝丝也知道了 |
[41:29] | -You think I’m micromanaging? -Yes. | 你觉得我管得太细? 对 |
[41:35] | -I don’t wanna let the president down. -Me neither. | 我不想让总统失望 我也不想 |
[41:46] | How old do you think those guys are in there, 20, 22? | 妳觉得里面的人几岁? 20、22岁? |
[41:49] | Tops. | 最多 |
[41:57] | We’re not gonna let the president down. | 我们不会让总统失望的 |