时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:09] | – I had to take the summit from Josh. – Yeah. | 我必须把元首会议从乔西手上撤走 对 |
[00:13] | Governor Baker, welcome. | 贝克州长,欢迎 |
[00:15] | Baker’s running, right? | 贝克要选,对吧? 对,他会在超级星期二的时候 做个总结 |
[00:16] | Yeah. And he’ll have it wrapped up by Super Tuesday. | 对,他会在超级星期二的时候 做个总结 |
[00:19] | – How are your numbers in Iowa? – Iowa and New Hampshire look good. | 你在爱荷华支持度如何? 爱荷华和新罕布夏情况都不错 |
[00:23] | I get why you’re so worried about Baker, but why not about Hoynes? | 我能理解你为何如此担心贝克 但为何不是何尼斯呢? |
[00:27] | I’m running for president. I want you to run my campaign. | 我要出马角逐总统宝座 我要你和我并肩作战 |
[00:31] | Russell is on his way to being the nominee and our next president. | 罗素正在争取下届总统的提名 |
[00:34] | So get onboard or get out of my way. | 所以不是加入,就是滚开 |
[00:36] | You’re too good at this. You can’t walk away. | 你太擅长这种事了 不能就这样离开 |
[00:38] | Watch me. | 你看著好了 剧名:临危应变 |
[00:51] | – He’s a Republican. – Not really. He’s a California Republican. | 他是个共和党员 不尽然,他是〝加州〞共和党员 |
[00:54] | Are we really saying that there isn’t a single Democrat…? | 你是说我们没有任何民主党… |
[00:57] | The president thinks Vinick’s perfect for U.N. ambassador. | 总统觉得阿诺文尼克 是联合国大使的最佳人选 |
[01:00] | It’s your job to feel him out, see if he’d be up for it. | 你的工作是要探他的底 看他是否有兴趣 |
[01:03] | Thank you. Oh, thanks. We can’t tell you what an honor it’s been to be here… | 谢谢…我们无法表达 |
[01:08] | …to actually work here in the White House. | 能在白宫工作有多荣幸 |
[01:11] | We want to thank our new best friend, Zoey Bartlet, the first daughter. | 这要感谢我们认识的好朋友 柔伊巴特勒,第一千金 |
[01:15] | – I am not the first daughter. – Well, I thought… | 我不是第一千金 我以为… |
[01:18] | Okay, okay, Zoey Bartlet, the third daughter of the first family. | 好…柔伊巴特勒 第一家庭的第三个女儿 |
[01:22] | – Come on, guys. One more trick. – You are just spoiled rotten, aren’t you? | 拜托,再表演一个魔术 妳真是被宠坏了 |
[01:26] | – Just one. – Please? | 一个就好 说拜托 |
[01:28] | – Please. – You deserve another trick. Teller? | 一个就好 说拜托 拜托 这是妳应得的,陶乐? |
[01:43] | A simple red handkerchief. | 一条简单的红手帕 |
[02:11] | I love that trick. It’s so simple. There is nothing like a vanish. | 我爱这魔术,那么地简单 没什么比〝消失〞更棒的了 |
[02:15] | So pure. But what does it mean? I know what you’re thinking. | 那么单纯,但这有什么意义? 我知道你们在想什么 |
[02:18] | A magic trick, a simple vanish, could have no meaning whatsoever. | 一个简单的消失魔术 可能一点意义都没有 |
[02:22] | What if, instead of using a handkerchief, a meaningless piece of cloth… | 如果不用手帕 这样一块无意义的布 |
[02:26] | …we were to use a piece of cloth that was nothing but meaning? | 而用一块意义深远的布 |
[02:30] | What if the piece of cloth we chose was the flag of the United States of America? | 如果那块布是美国国旗呢? |
[02:35] | Because, you know, with this flag on-stage… | 因为你知道的 只要这面国旗上了台 |
[02:38] | …there’s a lot to think about. | 能想的事情可就多了 |
[02:41] | Now it catches the gleam Of the morning’s first beam | 它迎接了初现的晨曦 |
[02:45] | In full glory reflected It shines in the stream | 它的荣耀闪烁在河面上 |
[02:49] | ‘Tis the Star-Spangled Banner O long may it wave | 愿这星条旗永远飞扬 |
[02:54] | O ‘er the land of the free And the home of the brave | 在这片自由的土地上 在这勇者的家园中 |
[02:58] | And what if, instead of using… | 如果不使用 |
[02:59] | …that piece of construction paper, we were to use… | 如果不使用 那毫无意义的厚纸板 |
[03:02] | …a piece of paper that means more to us… | 我们用的这张纸 |
[03:04] | …than any other piece of paper in the world? The Bill of Rights. | 是对我们更有意义的《人权法案》 |
[03:09] | The first 10 amendments of the Constitution… | 宪法的前十条修正案 |
[03:11] | …including my favorite, the First Amendment. | 包括我最喜欢的第一修正案 |
[03:14] | It’s the one that guarantees not just everybody in this room… | 它确保了不只这房间里的人 |
[03:18] | …but every single person in the United States… | 而是全国的每一个人 |
[03:21] | …every citizen, every visitor, every magician, freedom of speech. | 每个公民、游客、魔术师 都能享有言论自由 |
[03:25] | It’s the one that says if we want to add a little bit of spontaneous combustion… | 它确保了如果我们要 在这简单的消失魔术中 |
[03:30] | …to our simple vanish, we can do that. | 加一点自燃效果 我们可以那么做 |
[03:33] | We can take some tinder and a very eccentric magic wand… | 我们可以拿些易燃物 和这个造型特殊的魔术棒 |
[03:40] | …and we can do this. | 然后这样做 |
[03:44] | And it’s okay, because even though the flag is gone… | 而且这是没关系的 虽然国旗没了 |
[03:48] | …the Bill of Rights remains. | 但《人权法案》还在 |
[03:53] | Did they just burn an American flag in the White House? | 他们刚在白宫里 烧了美国国旗吗? 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:玛丽马科麦克 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[04:46] | Okay, here’s the latest updated schedule for the China summit. | 这是中国高峰会议的 最新时间表 |
[04:50] | Guys, I’m just gonna run through the highlights real quick. | 各位,我很快地讲一次重点 |
[04:53] | The president leaves Andrews at 2: 15 p. m… | 总统在下午2点15分 离开安德鲁斯 |
[04:55] | …with a stop in Louisiana before departing… | 会停留路易斯安那州 然后今晚… |
[04:57] | …from New Orleans for the Beijing flight. | 从纽奥良飞往北京 |
[05:00] | When will the president appoint a U.N. ambassador? | 总统何时会指定 联合国大使? |
[05:02] | The first lady will arrive in Beijing in time for the state dinner on Thursday night. | 第一夫人会结束在印度的访问 于星期四晚上抵达北京参加国宴 |
[05:07] | How long will the U.N. post remain vacant? | 联合国的位置会空多久? |
[05:10] | Not as long as I’ll ignore questions about anything except the China trip. | 不会比我不回答 中国行程以外的问题还久 |
[05:14] | In the New Orleans stop, the president will meet with shrimp fishermen… | 在纽奥良停留时 总统会接见捕虾渔人 |
[05:17] | – Shrimpers. – What? | 捕虾人 什么? |
[05:18] | They’re called shrimpers, not shrimp fishermen. | 捕虾人 什么? 他们叫做捕虾人 不是捕虾渔人 |
[05:21] | The president will meet with representatives… | 在纽奥良总统将接见 |
[05:23] | …of the shrimp industry about their request to invoke… | 捕虾业的代表 洽询有关他们对于… |
[05:26] | …antidumping sanctions against imported Chinese shrimp. | 反中国虾倾销的制裁要求 |
[05:29] | Here’s the human rights statement you and President Lian… | 这份人权声明 你和连国家主席会一起 |
[05:32] | …will put out after the first day. | 在第一天的会议结束时做声明 |
[05:34] | – Not a word about Tibet? – Tibet’s in there. | 西藏完全不提吗? 西藏有在里面 |
[05:37] | – We couldn’t use the word “Tibet. ” – Show me where the Tibet sentence is. | 只是不能用那两个字 你告诉我那一句在哪儿? |
[05:41] | Sir, what you say in the room is up to you. | 长官,在房间里的谈话 全由你决定 |
[05:43] | What we say in the joint statement is not. | 联合声明之后的话则不行 |
[05:45] | – I’ll hammer them on Tibet. – They’ll hammer your Indian reservations. | 我会强调西藏问题 他们会强调印第安保留区问题 |
[05:49] | – Reservations weren’t my idea. – I’m sure they’ll understand. | 那不是我的主意 希望他们会了解 |
[05:52] | The Department of Transportation has a lot on its plate right now. | 运输部现在有很多事要忙 |
[05:55] | Mr. Secretary, you’ve got transportation on your plate. | 部长先生 你只有运输的事要忙而已 |
[05:58] | Look, Josh, the truth is I assumed you were going on the China trip… | 乔西,事实上 我以为你会去中国 |
[06:02] | …and we’d have a week to do research. | 所以我们还有一周可以研究 |
[06:04] | This is more important than the trip. This is the U.S. budget we’re talking about. | 这比中国之旅还重要 这可是美国的预算 |
[06:09] | Your department hasn’t submitted a budget proposal. | 只有你的部门 还没送来预算提案 |
[06:11] | I can’t ask OMB to put together a complete budget estimate until I got… | 我无法要管理预算局 做完整的预算评估,除非… |
[06:15] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[06:17] | Vinick’s confirmed for 11: 15. We have to move your OMB meeting to now. | 文尼克参议员11点15能开会 管理预算局的会要挪到现在 |
[06:22] | – One minute. – Then you’ve got that other thing. | 等一下 然后还有另一件事 |
[06:24] | – What thing? – Me. | 什么事? 我 |
[06:26] | Right. Sure. | 什么事? 我 制片:艾莉亚提 是,当然 |
[06:28] | Hey. You’re back. | 是,当然 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 制片:安德鲁史登 |
[06:31] | No. I just have to sort out some files I left in my office. | 你回来了! 不 我只是要整理一些 留在办公室的档案 |
[06:34] | – Can’t Margaret send them to the house? – Be a federal crime. | 不能请玛格丽特送到家里吗? 那会违反联邦法 |
[06:37] | – “Your eyes only” kind of thing? – Yeah. | 机密文件吗? 对 |
[06:39] | – Hear about this Vinick thing? – President ran it by me yesterday. | 你听说文尼克的事了吗? 总统昨天跟我说了 |
[06:42] | I can’t believe it. Vinick’s been investigating us for seven years… | 真不敢相信 文尼克连续已经调查我们七年了 |
[06:46] | – …and we’re offering him a job? – We’ve had run-ins with him… | 我们现在要给他工作? 我们和他是有些争执 |
[06:49] | – Some run-ins? – He has supported the president… | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 有些争执? 但他一直支持总统的外交政策 |
[06:52] | …on foreign policy. | 编剧:劳伦斯欧唐尼尔二世 |
[06:53] | – Hey, sweetie. – Hey, boss. | 编剧:劳伦斯欧唐尼尔二世 甜心 老板 |
[06:57] | – Let me tell C.J. you’re here. – No. Set me up with the files. | 导演:亚力克葛拉夫斯 我去跟茜洁说你来了 不了,文件给我就好 |
[07:00] | – I’ll stay out of the way. – They’re in C.J.’s old office. | 我不想打扰大家 文件我放在茜洁的旧办公室 |
[07:03] | – Shredder? – Engine’s running. | 碎纸机? 准备好了 |
[07:04] | And this is the statement on regional security that you… | 碎纸机? 准备好了 这份区域安全声明 |
[07:07] | …and President Lian will put out at the end of the last day. | 你和连国家主席 会在最后一天共同发表 |
[07:10] | The last day should just be about North Korea. | 最后一天不该谈区域安全 应该只谈北韩 |
[07:14] | They’ll only discuss North Korea in the context of regional issues. | 他们只愿意在区域安全议题内 讨论北韩 |
[07:17] | Don’t they understand that North Korea is their regional security problem? | 他们不了解北韩就是 他们的区域安全问题吗? |
[07:21] | – Fix that, we’ve saved half the world. – I made it clear you want to talk about it. | 搞定这个我们就救了半个世界 我已说明你很想谈这一点 |
[07:26] | Tell China if we discuss North Korea, we don’t have to discuss anything else. | 跟中国说,如果能谈北韩问题 其他事情可以都不用谈 |
[07:30] | Mr. President, our agenda with China is now as long and complex… | 总统先生,我们对中国的议程 与任何国家比较 |
[07:34] | – …as it is with any other country. – I know. | 都一样冗长又复杂 我知道 |
[07:37] | – To narrow a summit to this one issue… – I know, I know. | 将高峰会局限在这个议题 我知道… |
[07:40] | We can talk about the rest on the plane. | 其他事情我们在飞机上谈 |
[07:42] | Mr. President, let’s cover as much as we can with the staff… | 总统先生,我想我们和幕僚 应该尽量讨论 |
[07:46] | We got 20 hours to kill in the air over the next two days. | 我们接下来两天 在飞机上有20个小时要打发 |
[07:51] | We got an election coming up, and we’re saying… | 选举就要到来 我们却说 |
[07:53] | …no Democrat can represent us at the U.N.? | 没有一个民主党员 能在联合国代表我们? |
[07:56] | – The president wants Arnold Vinick. – Was Vinick your recommendation? | 总统要阿诺文尼克 文尼克是你的建议吗? |
[08:00] | I’ve known the guy 30 years, and I don’t know anyone better for the job. | 我认识他30年 没有人比他更适合 |
[08:05] | I’m sorry. I’m having some trouble imagining Arnie Vinick as a diplomat. | 很抱歉,我无法想像 阿诺文尼克当外交人员 |
[08:09] | The U.N. could use some tough love. The president wanted to ask him himself. | 联合国需要点严厉的爱 总统想亲自开口 |
[08:14] | But you don’t want him alone in the room until we know Vinick will say yes. | 但在确定文尼克会同意之前 不能让他见总统 |
[08:19] | If he plays hard to get, I’m out of there. I’m not begging a Republican. | 如果他欲擒故纵,我可不赏脸 我不会去求共和党 |
[08:22] | If he says yes, he won’t be investigating us anymore. | 如果他答应 他就不会再调查我们了 |
[08:25] | We’re doing this to get him off our backs? | 我们这么做是为了摆脱他吗? |
[08:28] | No. The president thinks he’s the best we can get. | 不是,总统觉得他是最好的人选 |
[08:31] | I’m just trying to give you your motivation. | 我只是要给你动机 |
[08:34] | I think we’re all anxious about the subjects because you’re insisting… | 我们对这议题都感到焦虑 因为你坚持 |
[08:37] | …on being alone with the Chinese leaders. | 独自会见中国领导人 |
[08:40] | – Now you want to be in the room too? – I do not, but I think C.J. and Kate and… | 你也想在场吗? 不想,但我觉得茜洁、凯特和… |
[08:44] | I don’t want to fly all the way to China just to participate… | 我不想老远飞到中国 只为了参加一个 |
[08:47] | …in another phony ritual of putting out joint statements… | 虚假做作的共同声明仪式 |
[08:50] | – …on what we agreed to before. – After the Taiwanese flag controversy… | 再次声明已经同意过的事 在台湾旗帜的纠纷后 |
[08:54] | – …we’re lucky they didn’t cancel it. – This is my last China summit. | 我们没被取消就算幸运了 这是我最后一次中国高峰会 |
[08:57] | It’s my last chance. | 我最后的机会 |
[08:59] | I want to walk in there and show the Chinese… | 我最后的机会 我要走进那房间 让中国人了解 |
[09:01] | …that they are not dealing with some staff-dependent puppet. | 他们面对的不是一个 依赖幕僚的魁儡 |
[09:04] | I want them to see that I’m ready to get some work done right there in the room. | 我要他们了解我是来办事的 |
[09:09] | Progress isn’t good enough for me now. I want to get something done. | 现在的进度对我来说不够好 我要完成一些事情 |
[09:17] | – You like shrimp, don’t you? – I love it. | 你喜欢虾子吧? 非常喜爱 |
[09:19] | You might be interested to know how much of the shrimp sold in the U.S… | 你或许有兴趣知道 在美国卖的虾 |
[09:23] | …actually comes from China. | 有多少都来自中国 |
[09:25] | Nice. Okay, go ahead. | 很好,说吧 |
[09:29] | Yes. Well, one of the most difficult trade issues… | 是的,这次的议程中 |
[09:32] | …on the agenda this time is shrimp. | 最困难的贸易问题之一是虾子 |
[09:36] | – Shrimp. – On the summit’s last day… | 虾子 高峰会的最后一天 |
[09:38] | …the agenda will be regional security. | 议程将会是区域安全 |
[09:40] | – Does that include North Korea? – Yes. | 包括北韩吗? 是的 |
[09:42] | So can we expect to hear…? | 我们会听到到… |
[09:44] | Let me get through the return trip itinerary, and we’re done. | 我们会听到到… 先让我讲完回程的行程 我们就结束了 |
[09:47] | Is it true that Penn and Teller burned a U.S. flag in the White House? | 潘恩和陶乐在白宫 烧美国国旗是真的吗? |
[09:50] | I’m not taking any questions. | 我得说多少次 我不接受提问 |
[09:53] | They say that they were gonna burn a flag? | 他们有说要烧国旗吗? |
[09:55] | – Who invited them to the White House? – Penn and Teller performed… | 是谁邀请他们进白宫的? 潘恩和陶乐 |
[09:58] | …at a private party last night in the East Room. | 在东大厅的私人派对上表演 |
[10:01] | As it was a private party, the White House has no comment. | 那是个私人派对 白宫没有评论 |
[10:04] | – Do you have a list of who was at…? – As I said… I’m not taking any questions. | 妳有当时的名单吗? 我说了,不接受任何提问 |
[10:08] | – You just did. – Well, I’m not taking any more. | 妳刚刚接受了 我不会再接受任何问题 |
[10:12] | Even if we make significant progress in tariffs and quotas… | 就算我们在关税和配额上 大有斩获 |
[10:16] | …if they don’t budge on the currency issue… | 如果他们对货币问题不让步 |
[10:19] | …then we might not actually be able to achieve any real gains… | 我们可能无法取得 任何真正的收获 |
[10:23] | “State has confirmed that China just released Wen Jong… | 〝政府已确认中国刚释放了文钟 |
[10:26] | …as a goodwill gesture before the president’s arrival. | 做为在总统到达前的善意 |
[10:29] | The dissident had been jailed for six and a half years… ” Congratulations. | 此异议人士已被囚禁六年半〞 恭喜 |
[10:32] | They always give us one before a summit. | 他们总会在高峰会前放一个 |
[10:34] | – Wen Jong’s not just any dissident. – We need to draft a statement. Milly. | 文钟不是普通的异议人士 我们需要起草声明 |
[10:38] | – Hi, C.J. – Madame Surgeon General… | 你好,茜洁 卫生署长女士 |
[10:41] | …the briefing book on public health in China is maybe… | 中国公共卫生的简报资料 |
[10:44] | …a touch too technical for someone who almost flunked organic chemistry. | 对差点当掉生物化学的人来说 可能太困难了 |
[10:48] | – What’d you get, a B? – B plus, as I recall. | 你得什么成绩,B吗? 我记得是B+ |
[10:50] | I don’t remember any of it. | 我什么都不记得 |
[10:52] | – Are your bags packed? – Excuse me? | 我什么都不记得 妳打包好了吗? 什么? |
[10:53] | I need a seminar from you on the plane about SARS and AIDS in China. | 妳打包好了吗? 什么? 我要妳在飞机上说明 中国SARS和爱滋病现况 |
[10:57] | – No joke? – Wheels up at, what, C.J.? | 没开玩笑的吧? 什么时候出发,茜洁? |
[10:59] | Two-fifteen, but we’re 20 minutes behind, so…. | 2点15分 但我们已经晚20分钟了 |
[11:02] | – So you got time to pack. – Yes, sir. | 妳有很多时间打包 是的,长官 |
[11:03] | – Leonard, go ahead. – Stanley. As I was saying… | 李纳德,请说 我是史坦利,如我所说的… |
[11:07] | …since the Chinese currency remains…. | 既然中国货币持续… |
[11:10] | – Penn and Teller thing leaked. – Big surprise. | 国旗的事流出去了 令人惊讶 |
[11:12] | I got it when I gave the China schedule. | 我在发中国之旅的行程时 就被问到了 |
[11:15] | – How’d the “private party” line work? – Like a lead balloon. | 〝私人派对〞的理由有用吗? 效果极差 |
[11:18] | – President won’t let us say anything. – They want to know who invited them. | 总统什么都不让我们说 他们想知道谁邀请的 |
[11:21] | – And who was in the room. – And if the president was there. | 还有谁在现场 他们想知道总统是否在现场 |
[11:25] | I knew it would leak the second it happened. | 事情一发生 我就知道会流出去 |
[11:27] | The second what happened? | 发生什么事情? |
[11:29] | It was a magic trick. How do we know what they did? | 那是个魔术 我们怎么知道他们做了什么? |
[11:32] | – They didn’t burn the flag? – Doesn’t matter. People saw them do it. | 你是说也许他们没烧吗? 不重要,有人看到了 |
[11:36] | Maybe they just pretended to burn a flag. | 也许他们只是假装烧了国旗 |
[11:38] | Get Penn and Teller to make a statement saying they didn’t burn the flag. | 叫潘恩和陶乐拟一份声明 说他们没烧国旗 |
[11:42] | I don’t want flag questions chasing us all the way to China. | 我不想让国旗问题 跟著我们到中国 |
[11:46] | “We commend the Chinese government for releasing Wen Jong, but hope… “ | 〝我们赞赏中国政府释放文钟 但希望… |
[11:49] | – “Commend” is too strong a word. – How about “encouraged”? | 用〝赞赏〞太强烈了吧? 那〝鼓舞〞呢? |
[11:52] | – “We were encouraged by the Chinese. ” – That’s better. | 〝我们受到中国的鼓舞〞 好多了 |
[11:55] | I need a couple signatures. | 我需要几个签名 |
[11:57] | We need to get that statement out before we get on the plane. | 我需要几个签名 我们需要在上机前 发出这份声明 |
[12:00] | Could we talk about who China should release next? | 我们要谈中国接下来 该释放谁吗? |
[12:03] | We should focus on what we won today. | 我们该专注于今天的胜利 |
[12:05] | So a line about what we hope they do in the future? | 加一句我们对未来的希望吗? |
[12:08] | Right. We need to tie it into the summit. | 对,要和高峰会沾上边 |
[12:10] | Like how it shows that the Chinese are ready… | 有关这表现出 中国人已经准备好 |
[12:12] | …for real negotiations on all of the issues on our agenda. | 针对议程中 所有的议题进行谈判 |
[12:15] | – Let me look at that. – We should check this with State. | 让我看看 应该和国务院讨论过 |
[12:18] | They’ll want to have input on any statement referring to the summit. | 看他们是否对 高峰会的声明有意见 |
[12:26] | We’ll get Penn and Teller to put out a statement… | 我们会让潘恩和陶乐发一份声明 |
[12:29] | …explaining that they didn’t really burn a flag. | 解释他们没有真的烧国旗 |
[12:32] | And ruin a perfectly good segment of Crossfire tonight? | 然后搞砸今晚一段 《交锋》的报导吗? |
[12:35] | I didn’t realize you wanted all press-conference questions… | 很抱歉我不知道 你想要高峰会的所有问题 |
[12:38] | …to be about flag burning in the White House. | 都和在白宫里烧国旗有关 |
[12:40] | Want to see these Christmas party invitations I’m declining for you? | 想看看我帮你拒绝的 耶诞派对清单吗? |
[12:44] | Only ones you’re accepting, which I hope are none. | 我只想看妳帮我接受的 希望是一个都没有 |
[12:46] | – So far. – Are wheels up yet? | 目前为止没有 起飞了吗? |
[12:49] | In four minutes. | 再四分钟 |
[12:50] | So that’s like, what, 50 minutes behind schedule? | 再四分钟 所以我们进度 落后约50分钟吗? |
[12:53] | – Forty-eight. – Okay, so you owe me…. | 48分钟 好,那妳欠我… |
[12:56] | No, no. You bet 45 or under, and I… | 不…你赌45分钟以内 |
[12:58] | I’d never bet under 45 on a foreign trip. | 出访的事 我从不赌45分钟以内的 |
[13:01] | You really want to become a liar over 3 bucks? | 你真的想为三块钱 变成一个骗子吗? |
[13:03] | – I’m late for Vinick. – Not anymore, you’re not. | 我约文尼克要迟到了 已经不会了 |
[13:06] | – Did he cancel? – No, I just rescheduled it for you. | 他取消了吗? 不,我帮你重约了时间 |
[13:11] | – This better be good. – Vinick’s scheduler was fine with it. | 妳最好有个好理由 文尼克的秘书说没问题 |
[13:14] | Did it occur to you I’d have a problem…? | 妳有想过我可能会有问题吗? |
[13:16] | She said later would actually be better for the senator. He won’t be rushed. | 她说晚点对参议员比较好 这样他就不会太赶 |
[13:20] | – So? – So Charlie needs you. | 所以呢? 查理需要你 |
[13:22] | – Charlie? – Obviously, that means it’s a C.J. thing. | 查理? 很明显地,这和茜洁有关 |
[13:24] | He’s been passing along stuff for her since she’s been on the road. | 她出访后都是他在负责接洽 |
[13:28] | You can say “China trip. ” When you say “on the road”… | 妳可以说〝中国之旅〞 而不是〝出访〞 |
[13:31] | …it screams avoiding saying “China trip. “ | 妳听来像是在避免说 〝中国之旅〞 |
[13:33] | – Me, avoid saying something to you? – Get two things straight: | 我在避免跟你说什么? 澄清两件事 |
[13:36] | First, I’m fine not going to China. Picking a U.N. ambassador’s a big thing. | 第一、我不介意不去中国 选联合国大使是件大事 |
[13:40] | – You didn’t pick him. – Second, only I can reschedule Vinick. | 他不是你选的 第二、我才能决定是否改时间 |
[13:44] | To keep your ego intact, I’ve been trying to avoid using the phrase: | 为了让你的自尊心不受伤害 我一直避免说类似 |
[13:48] | “Direct order from C.J. ” I’ll take your coat. | 〝茜洁的命令〞这种话 外套给我吧 |
[13:57] | We will be landing in New Orleans in 25 minutes. | 我们在25分钟后 将抵达纽奥良 |
[14:00] | The press will be to your left as you exit the plane. | 你下飞机时 媒体会在左边 |
[14:05] | I have nothing more on the flag thing. | 对于国旗的事我没什么好说的 |
[14:08] | C.J., I think we’ve used about enough presidential time… | 茜洁,我想我们占用 总统够多的时间 |
[14:11] | …talking about a kid’s birthday party. What else you got, Kate? | 讨论一个孩子的生日派对 妳还有什么事,凯特? |
[14:14] | – Did they really burn the flag…? – I don’t know. | 他们真的烧了国旗吗? 我不知道 |
[14:17] | I was in bed five minutes after Zoey blew out the candles. | 在柔伊吹完蜡烛后五分钟 我就上床睡觉了 |
[14:21] | I have a draft statement for you to look at. | 我拟了份声明要给你看 |
[14:23] | We really should get a statement out before we land in New Orleans. | 我们应该在降落纽奥良之前 发出一份声明 |
[14:28] | “While I do not condone flag burning…. I was not present when…. ” It’s too long. | 〝虽然我不同意焚烧国旗 我当时不在场…〞太长了 |
[14:34] | – Let me work on that. – No, let me. | 让我再推敲一下 不,让我来 |
[14:36] | – It was a private party. – I’ll stress that. | 让我再推敲一下 不,让我来 那是场私人派对 我会强调这一点 |
[14:38] | No, that’s it. That’s my statement. | 不,就这样 那就是我的声明 |
[14:40] | – It was a private party, period. – It was in the White House. | 不,就这样 那就是我的声明 那是场私人派对,就这样 但是在白宫里 |
[14:43] | – Underline “private. ” – It was in the East Room. | 〝私人〞下面划条线 那是在东大厅举行的 |
[14:46] | There were 50 people there. | 总共有50个人参加 |
[14:48] | I’m not getting into a national shouting match… | 我不会让我女儿 生日派对上的事 |
[14:50] | …about what happened at my daughter’s birthday party. | 变成全国性的争论话题 |
[14:57] | – Landing in New Orleans in 20 minutes. – Thank you. | 20分钟后在纽奥良降落 谢谢你 |
[15:01] | Go ahead, Kate. | 请说,凯特 |
[15:02] | So you know, I’m not comfortable with this. | 请说,凯特 你知道,我也很不愿意 |
[15:04] | C.J. wanted to call, but she got pulled into a thing. | 茜洁想亲自打电话 但她被事情绊住 |
[15:07] | – On the plane. – It’s not just you. | 在飞机上 不只是你 |
[15:09] | She’s had me on the phone with half the Cabinet. | 她要我和一半的阁员通电话 |
[15:11] | She just can’t make every phone call herself. | 她无法自己打每一通电话 |
[15:14] | She wants you to help out on the flag-burning thing. | 她想要你协助关于焚烧国旗的事 |
[15:17] | – Instead of getting a U.N. ambassador? – Not instead of. Before. | 不是选联合国大使吗? 不是取代,是在那之前 |
[15:20] | Twenty-seven congressmen signed this… | 27名国会议员签了这封信 |
[15:22] | …demanding the president explain what happened. The story’s on cable news. | 要求总统解释事情原委 事情还上了新闻 |
[15:26] | C.J.’s afraid it’ll drown out coverage of the China trip. | 茜洁怕它会影响到 中国之旅的报导 |
[15:29] | – She needs you to… – Put out the fire? | 她需要你… 灭火? |
[15:31] | Did she actually say “put out the fire”? | 她有亲口说这两个字吗? |
[15:35] | We’re buried in calls from the usual suspects… | 我们被记者的电话给淹没 |
[15:38] | …plus Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood… | 加上《娱乐今晚》 《接近好莱坞》 |
[15:41] | …Hollywood Reporter, Magicians Monthly. | 《好莱坞记者》 和《魔术师月刊》 |
[15:43] | Okay, why don’t you track down Penn and Teller… | 好,你何不去找潘恩和陶乐 |
[15:46] | – …and get them on the phone. – Them? Teller doesn’t speak. | 我在电话上跟他们谈 他们?陶乐不会说话 |
[15:49] | – It’s an act. – Penn told me Teller doesn’t speak. | 那只是个表演 潘恩说陶乐不会说话 |
[15:51] | – You talked to Penn? – Right before you came in. | 你和潘恩谈过了吗? 在你进来之前 |
[15:54] | He’ll be here in a couple of hours. Sounded pretty cooperative. | 他两个小时后会到 听来很愿意合作 |
[15:57] | Okay. Who we kidding, you don’t need me in this thing. | 我们在骗谁啊 这件事妳根本不需要我 |
[16:01] | I wanted to give you the vice president’s statement about the flag burning. | 我想把副总统对 焚烧国旗的声明先给你看 |
[16:05] | He wants to get it out this afternoon. | 他想在今天下午前发出去 |
[16:08] | “When I was in Congress, I led the fight… | 〝当我在国会的时候 |
[16:11] | …for a constitutional amendment to ban flag burning. | 我带头制定禁止 焚烧国旗的修正案 |
[16:13] | This obscene stunt once again points out the urgent need for a constitutional… “ | 这不堪入目的把戏 更凸显了立法的必要〞 |
[16:18] | Can this guy open his mouth without pandering? | 这个人能不要 一开口就迎合别人吗? |
[16:21] | Let me know when Penn and Teller show up. | 潘恩和陶乐来的时候通知我 |
[16:24] | I tried to talk him out… | 我试著说服他… |
[16:26] | Donna, where’s the OMB report on the HHS budget? | 我试著说服他… 唐娜,管理预算局的 卫生公众服务部预算报告呢? |
[16:29] | Where the OMB reports always are, in the stack beside the thing. | 在管理预算局报告通常的位置 在那堆东西旁边 |
[16:32] | Right. Oh, and the supplements? | 对了,其他参考资料呢? |
[16:36] | Supplementary stack, beside the other thing. | 在参考资料那堆里 在另一堆旁边 |
[16:38] | Okay, I’m done helping you ignore Will. | 好,我帮完你了 别管威尔了 |
[16:41] | How would you suggest the vice president handle a flag burning? | 你会如何建议副总统 处理焚烧国旗的事? |
[16:45] | I would tell him to show a little loyalty to the president and his family… | 我会要他闭嘴,要他对总统 和他的家庭表现一点忠诚 |
[16:49] | …but then I’d have to explain to him what loyalty is. | 但这样我还得向他解释 忠诚是什么吧? |
[16:52] | Do you have time to do that now? | 你有时间这样做吗? |
[16:55] | He shook too many hands in New Orleans… | 他在纽奥良见了太多人 |
[16:58] | …but the pilot says we can make up some lost time. | 但机长说可以赶回一点时间 |
[17:00] | Yes, China’s definitely dumping shrimp in the U.S. at below-cost prices… | 对,中国绝对有以低价 将虾子倾销到美国 |
[17:04] | …but so is Vietnam. So if we threaten to bring a WTO case against China… | 但越南也是,如果我们威胁 在世贸组织控诉中国 |
[17:11] | …then we have to threaten Vietnam too. | 那我们也必须威胁越南 |
[17:13] | The U.S. threatening Vietnam could wake up a lot of sleeping dogs. | 而美国威胁越南 可能摇醒许多睡犬 |
[17:16] | How much shrimp comes from China and Vietnam? | 来自中国和越南的虾有多少? |
[17:19] | Twenty-five percent. There’s no way our domestic industry… | 百分之二十五 本地工业不可能取代 |
[17:22] | …could replace that. And it would only make it easier… | 这只会让巴西更容易提高 |
[17:25] | …for Brazil to increase their market share. | 市场占有率 |
[17:27] | I told those guys in New Orleans that I would do something. | 但我才跟纽奥良的人说过 我会有所行动 |
[17:30] | You will do something. You’ll raise the issue with the Chinese. | 你会有所行动 你会将这个议题向中国人提起 |
[17:34] | Only the State Department… | 只有政府部门觉得 |
[17:36] | …thinks “raising the issue” and “doing something” are the same. | 只有政府部门觉得 〝提议〞和〝做事〞是一样的 |
[17:39] | I co-sponsored the flag-burning amendment when the House voted on it. | 众议院每次投票时 我都共同倡议焚烧国旗修正案 |
[17:43] | Big difference between being a congressman and being VP. | 身为国会议员和副总统 有很大的不同 |
[17:46] | I know, but I’ve got a lot of history with this. | 我知道 但我跟这个议题的渊源很深 |
[17:49] | Voters didn’t know much about me… | 民调显示选民对我的了解不多 |
[17:51] | …but what they did know was that I was against flag burning. | 但他们知道我反对焚烧国旗 |
[17:55] | That’s in one district in Colorado. | 那只是在科罗拉多州的一区 |
[17:57] | You need to define yourself nationally. You want to start with flag burning? | 你必须在全国打出名号 你想从焚烧国旗开始吗? |
[18:01] | – It’s the story of the day. – China summit’s the story of the day. | 我得说点话,这是条大新闻 中国高峰会也是条大新闻 |
[18:04] | If you don’t have something to say about U.S. relations with China… | 如果你对美中关系 没有什么要说的 |
[18:08] | …why are you running for president? | 那你为什么要竞选总统? |
[18:10] | Voters understand loyalty. They’re not expecting you to take a shot… | 选民重视忠诚度 他们不预期看到你 |
[18:14] | …at the president on something that happened at his daughter’s party. | 以总统女儿派对上的事 来攻击总统 |
[18:17] | Baker is going to New Hampshire to announce his candidacy. | 贝克今天要去新罕布夏 宣布参选 |
[18:20] | – The press is gonna ask him about this. – If Baker… | 你知道媒体会问这件事 如果贝克… |
[18:23] | If? Baker has to jump on this. He needs to move to the right on something. | 如果?贝克一定会攻击 他必须借力向右倾,这刚好适合 |
[18:28] | So what? Do you think that helps either one of you get the nomination? | 那又如何?你觉得那会让你们 其中一人获得提名吗? |
[18:31] | It’s never too early to think about the general. | 以大方向来做考量 永远不会太迟 |
[18:35] | Mr. Vice President, have you seen Baker’s numbers? | 副总统先生 你看过贝克的数字了吗? |
[18:37] | That’s why I can’t miss any opportunity, like this flag thing. | 那就是我为何不能错失任何机会 像是这国旗事件 |
[18:41] | Baker’s at 32. You’re at 19. | 贝克是32,你是19 |
[18:43] | Hoynes and everyone else are in single digits. | 何尼斯和其他人都是个位数 |
[18:45] | You’re not gonna catch up to Baker with flag burning. Baker’s just a governor. | 你无法以焚烧国旗议题追上贝克 贝克只是个州长 |
[18:49] | He’s gotta jump at every issue to get coverage outside Pennsylvania. | 他得攻击每个宾州外的议题 才有机会被报导 |
[18:53] | You’re vice president of the United States. | 你是美国副总统耶 |
[18:56] | You can’t go chasing every little controversy that comes along. | 你不能总是捕风捉影 |
[18:59] | You can’t let Baker dictate your agenda. | 你不能让贝克操纵你的议程 |
[19:02] | You pick your spots carefully, every speech you give… | 你要是小心选择焦点 你每次的演讲 |
[19:05] | …will be treated as breaking news on CNN. | 都会是美国有线新闻网的 头条新闻 |
[19:09] | I need you to pick those spots for me. | 我需要你帮我选择那些焦点 |
[19:13] | Will’s been telling me that you’re the guy to run this campaign. | 威尔一直跟我说 你该主导这次的选战 |
[19:16] | Now I can see why. | 现在我了解为什么了 |
[19:19] | They’re ready for you now. | 他们准备好见你了 |
[19:22] | – He’s not stupid. – That a bumper sticker? | 他不笨 那是你车上贴的标语吗? |
[19:24] | – He took your advice. – That was a setup. | 他听了你的建议 那是个陷阱 |
[19:26] | No, it wasn’t. He wanted to put out that statement. I couldn’t talk him out of it. | 不,他真的想发表那声明 我无法说服他不发表 |
[19:31] | Once I heard your take, it seemed perfect to put you two together. | 我听了你的想法后 你们两个似乎是完美的组合 |
[19:34] | It’s a write-your-own-ticket offer. Complete control. | 你能完全主导 能完全掌握控制权 |
[19:37] | – You don’t want to run it? – I’ve never done a national campaign. | 你不想打这次的选战吗? 我没打过全国选战 |
[19:41] | Baker’s gonna chew him up in the debates. | 贝克在辩论时会把他吃得死死的 |
[19:43] | Even Hoynes will run rings around him on the issues. | 就连何尼斯也会用议题攻击他 |
[19:46] | The VP will be the only guy with enough money to hang in there against Baker. | 贝克会是领先人物 但只有副总统有钱和他选 |
[19:51] | – What about Hoynes? – Damaged goods. | 何尼斯呢? 瑕疵品 |
[19:52] | So you think it’s a two-man race by Super Tuesday? | 何尼斯呢? 瑕疵品 所以你觉得到了超级星期二 这会是两人的竞争 |
[19:56] | Right. And Baker’s not gonna play well in the South. | 没错,贝克在南方 不会表现得很好 |
[19:59] | I heard Hoynes made you an offer. | 我听说何尼斯对你开出了条件 |
[20:03] | – Has Baker called you? – Bruno runs Baker’s campaigns. | 贝克打给你过吗? 布鲁诺帮贝克打选战 |
[20:06] | Bob Russell might be the next president. | 巴柏罗素也许是下一个总统 |
[20:09] | You get in now, you can make him the candidate you want him to be. | 你现在加入 就能把他塑造成你想要的候选人 |
[20:12] | After that, we make him the president we need him to be. | 在那之后 我们将他变成我们想要的总统 |
[20:22] | – Where is Vinick’s office? – Dirksen 464. | 文尼克的办公室在哪儿? 得克森路464号 |
[20:25] | – Thanks. – Got Penn and Teller’s statement. | 谢谢 潘恩和陶乐的声明拿到了 |
[20:27] | – Let’s see. – You’re not gonna love it. | 让我看看 你不会喜欢的 |
[20:32] | How about after the Vinick meeting? | 和文尼克开会后 能不能给我几分钟? |
[20:34] | – For what? – For me, for that talk we were… | 为什么? 我的事… |
[20:36] | “Supreme Court ruled we can do what we want with the flag. | 〝最高法院判定 我们想拿国旗怎么样都行 |
[20:39] | And the Founding Fathers obviously intended… ” Are they still here? | 立国先哲明显地用意…〞 他们还在这里吗? |
[20:44] | Juggling identical objects, identical weights is pretty easy… | 抛掷相同重量的相同物体 是蛮容易的 |
[20:47] | …with about five years’ practice. | 在五年的练习后 |
[20:49] | But juggling different weights, different shapes… | 但是抛掷不同重量 和形状的物体 |
[20:53] | …stuff you got off people’s desks, stuff you haven’t practiced with… | 人们桌上的东西 你没练习过的东西 |
[20:57] | – …that’s when it gets a little bit tricky. – That’s amazing. | 那就有点难了 那真是惊人 |
[21:01] | This statement does me absolutely no good. | 这声明对我一点用都没有 |
[21:04] | I need a statement saying exactly what you did last night. | 我要一份和你昨晚 言论相同的声明 |
[21:07] | Preferably that you did not burn a flag. And if you did actually burn a flag… | 我们宁可你说没有烧国旗 如果你真的有烧国旗 |
[21:11] | …I need you to admit it and emphasize that you did not clear your act… | 我要你承认并强调 你并未知会白宫中任何人 |
[21:15] | …with anyone in the White House, and had you done so… | 你们要那么做 如果你有问的话 |
[21:19] | …you now realize you would have been explicitly forbidden… | 你就会知道在白宫中烧国旗 |
[21:22] | …to burn a flag in the White House, and you now regret… | 是会被严格禁止的 而你们现在感到很后悔 |
[21:25] | …this controversy and apologize to the president… | 造成这些争议 然后向总统道歉 |
[21:28] | …and his family for treating his home with such disrespect. | 还有他的家庭 因为你在他家中表现得不尊重 |
[21:32] | – Hi. I’m Penn Jillette. This is Teller. – Hi. Josh Lyman. How you doing? | 我是潘恩吉列,这是陶乐 乔西赖曼,你好吗? |
[21:38] | He doesn’t talk. | 他不会说话 像哈波马可仕那样不说话 还是无法说话 |
[21:39] | Doesn’t talk, like Harpo Marx, or really doesn’t talk? | 像哈波马可仕那样不说话 还是无法说话 |
[21:42] | – What’s the difference? – Okay. How did you do the flag trick? | 那有什么差别 你们的国旗把戏是怎么变的? |
[21:46] | – We’re not gonna tell you that. – Fine. | 我们不会跟你说的 好 |
[21:49] | So if Annabeth goes out there and says… | 如果安娜贝丝和大众说… |
[21:51] | …that you did not burn a flag last night, no one can refute that. | 你们昨晚没焚烧国旗 没有人能反驳这点? |
[21:55] | Except the people who saw them burn a flag, or think that’s what they saw. | 除了大家都看到他们烧国旗 或觉得他们有看到 |
[21:58] | You tell me, Charlie. Did we burn a flag, or did we just… | 你跟我说,查理 我们是焚烧了国旗 |
[22:01] | – …vanish a flag in a flash of fireworks? – Don’t know. | 还是让国旗在烟火中消失? 不知道 |
[22:06] | – What’s the difference? – There’s a big difference politically. | 有什么差别? 政治上有很大的差别 |
[22:09] | Why? I mean, what if we burned a flag not in protest… | 为什么?如果我们不是 因为抗议烧国旗 |
[22:12] | …but in celebration of the very freedoms that allow us to burn a flag… | 而是为了颂扬 能焚烧国旗的自由 |
[22:17] | …the freedoms that everyone who has ever worked in this building… | 每个在这里工作的人 都享有的自由 |
[22:20] | …has pledged to preserve and protect? | 并且发誓会珍惜和保护? |
[22:26] | – Did you go to law school? – No. Clown school. | 你上过法学院吗? 没有,上过小丑学院 |
[22:32] | Let’s find a compromise on shrimp that I can ask the Chinese to offer Vietnam. | 我们找个关于虾子的妥协方式 让中国人提供给越南 |
[22:37] | Something that nudges both of them closer to fair price levels. | 一个让双方都能变得 较接近公平价位的对策 |
[22:40] | Okay, everyone. The president has a phone call to make. | 好了,各位 总统有个电话要打 |
[22:59] | – What was all that about? – You okay? | 这是怎么回事? 你还好吗? |
[23:01] | – I’m fine. – You’re not eating. | 我很好 你没在吃东西 |
[23:03] | – I’m not that hungry. – You said you were hungry earlier. | 我不是很饿 你点东西的时候说你饿 |
[23:06] | Don’t worry. I’ll eat. But thanks for getting rid of them. | 别担心,我会吃的 不过谢谢妳把他们弄走 |
[23:10] | Sixteen more hours of that would be a bit much. | 再忍受16个小时就太多了 |
[23:13] | Send Milly in. I don’t need to talk shop with her. | 叫米莉进来 和她说话没那么死板 |
[23:16] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[23:23] | The senator will see you now. | 参议员现在可以见你了 |
[23:44] | Mr. Chairman. | 主席先生 |
[23:47] | Shine your own shoes, Josh? | 你自己擦鞋子吗,乔西? |
[23:49] | No, I can’t say that I do. | 不,我并没有 |
[23:51] | My father used to say you can’t trust a man who doesn’t shine his own shoes. | 我父亲曾经说 不要相信不自己擦鞋的人 |
[23:58] | – Does anybody shine those things? – Not really. No. | 有人帮你擦鞋子吗? 并没有 |
[24:02] | How many guys left in this town shine their own shoes? | 这城市里还剩几个 会自己擦鞋的人 |
[24:05] | – Not a lot. – None. | 不是很多 一个都没有 |
[24:07] | – Is that how many you trust? – That’s exactly how many I trust. | 那是你所信任的人数吗? 我只信任那么多人 |
[24:10] | – Mr. Chairman… – I know what you’re thinking. | 主席先生… 我知道你在想什么 |
[24:13] | “Must be lonely being this mean old guy who doesn’t trust anyone. “ | 〝做个不信任别人的老人 一定很孤独〞 |
[24:16] | Well, I trust my brother, my four children… | 我相信我弟弟 和我的四个孩子 |
[24:19] | …my nine grandchildren and my dog. | 我的九个孙子和我的狗 |
[24:24] | I suspect that’s more than you trust… | 我想那比你信任的人多一点 |
[24:26] | – …now isn’t it? – Yeah. | 对吧? 对 |
[24:28] | The Founding Fathers didn’t set up a government based on trust. | 立国先哲建立这个政府 并不是以信任为基础 |
[24:32] | They could’ve designed a government based on trust… | 他们能以信任为基础 设立一个政府 |
[24:35] | …but they knew that power corrupts. So they invented checks and balances. | 但他们了解权力会腐败 所以发明了分权与制衡 |
[24:42] | That was genius. | 那真是天才 |
[24:44] | The Founding Fathers did not want me to trust you… | 立国先哲不要我相信你 |
[24:47] | …and they did not want you to trust me. | 他们也不要你相信我 |
[24:51] | Well, they must be very proud of us. | 那他们一定很为我们骄傲 |
[24:56] | Have a seat. | 请坐 我们还在谈判耶诞节的事 |
[24:57] | Oh, we’re still negotiating Christmas. | 请坐 我们还在谈判耶诞节的事 |
[24:59] | Tommy wants to go on an archaeological dig with some heathen professor of his. | 汤米想和他那 未开化的教授去考古 |
[25:04] | And Cleo’s doing Christmas with her dad. | 克莉欧今年要和她爸过耶诞节 |
[25:07] | Then do Christmas with your goddaughter and her family. | 所以妳要和干女儿及她的家庭 一起过耶诞节 |
[25:10] | I can’t afford another Bartlet Christmas on this government salary. | 我领政府薪水 无法负担另一个巴特勒耶诞节 |
[25:14] | Way too many presents. | 太多礼物要送了 |
[25:17] | Milly, I can’t move my hands. | 米莉,我的手无法动弹 |
[25:25] | – Ever happen before? – It’s usually one or the other. | 以前发生过吗? 通常两只手会轮流 |
[25:28] | – Never both? – No. | 没有一起过吗? 没有 |
[25:37] | – You feel that? – No. | 有感觉吗? 没有 |
[25:43] | – Anything? – No. | 有任何感觉吗? 没有 |
[25:46] | You want me to bring in the flight doctor? | 要我叫随机医生吗? |
[25:49] | Not unless it gets worse. | 除非情况变得更糟糕 |
[25:55] | Well, I guess I’m gonna have to feed you then, aren’t I? | 我想我得喂你了,不是吗? |
[26:07] | Every White House forgets about checks and balances. You guys are no different. | 每个政府都忘记分权与制衡 你们也一样 |
[26:11] | It’s the witch hunts I got a problem with. | 我只是对政治迫害有意见 |
[26:13] | You’ll need cordovan for those. Pick up a brush. | 那需要这个,拿把刷子 |
[26:16] | You’re not leaving this room with shoes like that. | 你穿那样的鞋子 别想离开这个房间 |
[26:19] | Here’s another check you won’t like. | 这是另一个你不会喜欢的调查 |
[26:22] | I’m holding another hearing on your man, Margudian… | 我要主持另一个审讯 针对玛谷地安 |
[26:25] | …taking a Marine helicopter to play golf in Florida. | 搭乘海军直升机 到佛罗里达州打高尔夫球 |
[26:28] | – That was a year ago. We fired the guy. – This was another incident before that. | 那是去年的事,他被开除了 这是之前的另一件事 |
[26:32] | – You think the American people care? – Hope not. | 你觉得美国人在乎吗? 希望不会 |
[26:34] | But 12 members of my committee do, or think it’s a good way to get on TV. | 但我的委员会在乎 他们觉得这是上电视的好方法 |
[26:39] | – You think I like investigating this stuff? – Fooled me. | 你以为我喜欢调查这些小事吗? 那可骗倒我了 |
[26:42] | Have I ever campaigned saying I’d be the best investigator in the Senate? | 我有喊过要当 〝参议院最佳调查员〞的口号吗? |
[26:47] | Of course not. This isn’t what I came here to do. | 当然没有 这不是我在这里的原因 |
[26:49] | I came here to make this a better country. | 我想让这个政府更好 让这国家更好 |
[26:52] | I wish you guys would stop serving up these things for us to investigate. | 我只希望你们不要一直 进贡题材让我们调查 |
[26:56] | – We’ve run a pretty tight ship. – Yes, you have. | 我们还满自制的 是的 |
[26:58] | Which is why they had to go back a few years to find something new. | 那就是他们为何得回溯好几年 找新的东西炒 |
[27:02] | But just do me a big favor, will you? | 但帮我一个忙,可以吗? |
[27:04] | No more flag burnings in the White House. | 下次不要在白宫焚烧国旗了 |
[27:06] | I’ve had four nuts demand hearings on that one already. | 已经有四个疯子 要求要审讯这件事 |
[27:09] | – So? – So I told them that the U.S. Senate… | 所以呢? 我跟他们说美国参议院… |
[27:13] | …does not investigate what happens at kids’ birthday parties. | 不调查小孩子生日派对上的事 |
[27:18] | Not as long as I have anything to say about it. | 只要我还能决定就不会 |
[27:23] | Have you decided if you’re gonna run again? | 你决定要再次竞选了吗? |
[27:25] | Yep. Flying home tonight, making my announcement tomorrow. | 对,今晚要飞回去 明天就宣布 |
[27:31] | Why, you want to make me a retirement offer? | 为什么? 你要提供我退休提议吗? |
[27:33] | Yeah, I happen to have one on me. | 对,我刚好有个提议 |
[27:37] | – What? – Help the president… | 那是什么? 协助总统… |
[27:38] | …make the world a better place. | 让世界变成一个更美好的地方 |
[27:42] | U.N. | 联合国 |
[27:46] | That’s tempting. It’s very tempting. | 那非常地吸引人… |
[27:50] | But that’s not the job I want. | 但那不是我想要的工作 |
[27:52] | The president didn’t send me with a menu of jobs. Just this one. | 总统没有一堆工作要给你 就只有这个 |
[27:56] | – President can’t give me the job I want. – Which one? | 他无法提供我想要的工作 什么工作? |
[28:00] | His. | 他的工作 |
[28:07] | – You’re running? – Starting tomorrow. | 你要参选吗? 从明天开始 |
[28:09] | You missed a spot on the heel. | 你鞋跟有个地方没擦到 |
[28:13] | The only thing to do is let him rest. He could feel fine… | 唯一能做的就是让他休息 |
[28:16] | – …by the time he gets off the plane. – Or he could get worse. | 他可能下飞机就好了 也可能会更糟 |
[28:20] | Well, if this is as bad as it gets, no one will notice a thing. | 如果这已经是最糟的情况 那没有人会注意到的 |
[28:24] | Except when he has to shake hands, which he has to do 200 times tomorrow. | 除了他得握手的时候 他明天可能得握两百次手 |
[28:28] | It’d be good to minimize the handshaking. | 得将握手的次数减到最低 |
[28:30] | We should cancel the first reception. | 我们该取消第一个欢迎会 |
[28:33] | You know how long the protocol officers spent on that one? | 你知道礼宾司 为那花了多少钱吗? |
[28:35] | Public events are the ones the Chinese care about. | 公开活动是中国人唯一在乎的 |
[28:38] | If the president can’t publicly shake hands with a head of state… | 如果总统无法和 国家领导人公开握手 |
[28:41] | It’d kill the flag-burning story. | 这肯定能压过焚烧国旗的报导 |
[28:43] | – Could we get Abbey on the phone? – Yeah. | 可以打电话给艾碧吗? 可以 |
[28:46] | – Who else should we call? – For an MS patient… | 还要打给谁? 对多发性硬化症患者 |
[28:49] | …this is the equivalent of a headache. | 这种程度就像头痛一样 |
[28:51] | I mean, who would you want us to call if you had a headache? | 如果你头痛会打电话给谁? |
[28:57] | Okay. Let’s just keep this on the plane for now. | 好,目前先不要声张 |
[29:00] | – I thought you’d be long gone. – More junk here than I thought. | 我以为你早就走了 里面的垃圾比我想像的要多 |
[29:04] | Shouldn’t you still be, you know, taking it easy? | 你不是应该还要… 你知道的,放轻松吗? |
[29:08] | I think a long nap qualifies as taking it easy. Did you hook Vinick? | 我想睡个午觉应该算吧? 说服文尼克了吗? |
[29:11] | – Not exactly. – He’s gonna run for another term. | 不算是 他还要竞选下一任 |
[29:14] | I don’t know much about heart stuff… | 我不太了解心脏方面的事情 |
[29:17] | …but aren’t you supposed…? Maybe we… | 但你不是应该… 也许我们… |
[29:19] | You’re not gonna shock me into my grave. | 别担心 你不会把我吓进坟墓的 |
[29:21] | He’s running for president. | 他要竞选总统 |
[29:24] | – He announces tomorrow. – President? | 他明天要宣布 总统? |
[29:29] | I don’t see how he gets the nomination. | 我想不出他要怎么得到提名 |
[29:32] | What’s he gonna run on? Tax cuts and more tax cuts? | 他的政见能有什么 减税再减税吗? |
[29:35] | Every Republican candidate will be for tax cuts. | 每个共和党候选人都赞成减税 |
[29:38] | – Then what? Flip-flop on abortion? – He’s against late-term abortion. | 然后呢,改变堕胎立场吗? 他反对晚期堕胎 |
[29:42] | – Won’t work for the Republican base. – A lot of California money behind him. | 共和党基层不会支持 有很多加州金主支持他 |
[29:46] | – Even if he raises twice as much… – Eric Baker’s live on MSNBC right now. | 就算他募到两倍… 艾瑞克贝克在电视新闻上 |
[29:49] | Says he’s not running. | 他说他不选了 |
[29:55] | And so I have decided for family reasons that this is not that time. | 所以因为家庭因素 我决定这次我不选了 |
[29:59] | It’s the time that I can keep my commitment… | 现在是我履行 |
[30:01] | …to the people of Pennsylvania to be a full-time governor… | 对宾州人民承诺的时候 做个全职的州长 |
[30:04] | …and the commitment to my family to be a full-time father. | 和对我家人的承诺 做个全职父亲 |
[30:08] | – Family reasons? – Unbelievable. | 家庭因素? 令人不敢相信 |
[30:10] | Well, I never decided to get into the presidential race… | 我从未决定要参选 |
[30:13] | …so I can’t see how you can say I dropped out of it. | 所以这不算是弃选 |
[30:16] | – How lucky can we get? – You’re never gonna get luckier than this. | 我们太幸运了 不可能比这还幸运了 |
[30:20] | Milly says you should use the flight to rest. | 米莉说你应该 利用飞行的时间休息 |
[30:22] | – No more meetings. – Thanks. | 别再开会了 谢谢 我不会因为任何事打扰你 很好 |
[30:24] | – I won’t interrupt you for anything. – Fine by me. | 我不会因为任何事打扰你 很好 |
[30:27] | Mr. President, Baker just dropped out. | 总统先生,贝克弃权了 |
[30:30] | – Baker’s not running? – It looks like our very own Bob Russell… | 贝克不选了? 看来我们的巴柏罗素… |
[30:33] | …is the new frontrunner for the Democratic nomination. | 是民主党领先的提名者 |
[30:36] | Toby, please. Sir, this is exactly what we’re not going to do. | 托比,拜托 长官,这正是我们所不能做的 |
[30:39] | You need rest. We won’t bring you anything… | 你需要休息 |
[30:42] | …you don’t need to know immediately. | 我们不会拿不紧急的事来烦你 |
[30:45] | But we mean real rest, not studying briefing books. | 但你得真的休息 不准看简报资料 |
[30:48] | – Are you gonna watch me rest? – If I have to. | 妳要看著我休息吗? 有必要的话 |
[30:50] | Get out of here. | 出去吧 |
[30:52] | – Family reasons. – Go figure. | 家庭因素 真令人不解 |
[30:56] | – He’s close to Vinick, you know. – No, I didn’t know. | 他和文尼克很亲近,你知道吗? 不,我不知道 |
[30:59] | Yeah. Baker was on the Judiciary Committee staff back when Vinick… | 对,贝克曾经是 司法委员会的幕僚 |
[31:03] | …was a freshman senator. They’ve been tight ever since. | 当时文尼克还是新任参议员 那时他们就很密切 |
[31:06] | So? Since when have you seen friendship trump ambition in politics? | 那又如何? 政治哪有真正的朋友? |
[31:09] | Maybe Baker figures the Democratic nomination’s not worth winning… | 也许贝克觉得民主党的 提名不值得争取 |
[31:13] | …if he’s against Vinick in the general. | 如果他得面对文尼克的话 |
[31:15] | But there’s no way Vinick’s getting the nomination. | 但文尼克不可能被提名的 他不够保守 |
[31:17] | I’m just saying, Baker’s not sitting this out for family reasons. | 我只是说 贝克不是因为家庭因素退选 |
[31:24] | Could be Vinick. Could be something else. | 可能是因为文尼克 可能有其他原因 |
[31:27] | – Who’s our frontrunner with Baker out? – Run a poll without Baker in it… | 贝克出局后谁会领先? 做个没有贝克的民调 |
[31:31] | …and Russell’s gonna go sky-high. | 罗素的民调会一飞冲天 |
[31:35] | – Hoynes will pop too. – Russell or Hoynes gets our nomination. | 何尼斯也会脱颖而出 罗素或何尼斯会被提名 |
[31:38] | – Who gets the Republican nomination? – That’s wide open. | 那谁会得到共和党提名? 变数还很大 |
[31:42] | They’ve been out of power for eight years, and they’re desperate. | 他们已经八年没执政 他们心急如焚 |
[31:46] | Probably why Vinick figures he has a shot. | 可能是那样才让 文尼克觉得他有机会 |
[31:48] | You’re serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[31:51] | Ever see Arnie Vinick campaign? Up close? | 你有亲眼看过 阿诺文尼克的竞选活动吗? |
[31:56] | He’ll go into those high school gymnasiums… | 他会到那些高中的体育馆 |
[31:58] | …in Iowa and New Hampshire and blow them all away. | 在爱荷华州和新罕布夏州 将选票全都吸过来 |
[32:02] | Shake every hand in the joint, kiss every baby… | 和所有的人握手 亲吻每个婴儿 |
[32:04] | …hug every widow on Social Security… | 拥抱每个领退休福利的寡妇 |
[32:08] | …and sound smarter and more honest than any Republican they’ve ever seen… | 说起话来比你见过的 任何共和党员都聪明、诚恳 |
[32:13] | …because he is. | 因为他的确是 |
[32:15] | He could win in the early states. | 他一开始可能会赢一点 |
[32:18] | Go into the South with some momentum. | 进入南方时还会有些冲力 |
[32:21] | Then… | 然后 |
[32:24] | …who knows what happens? | 谁知道会发生什么事 |
[32:29] | Republican who wins California wipes us out in the Electoral College. | 赢得加州的共和党提名人 在选举团制度中会打败我们 |
[32:33] | Right. | 对 |
[32:36] | He’s not getting the nomination. | 他不会被提名的 |
[32:39] | If he does, we’ve got no one who can beat him. | 如果他被提名 我们没有人能赢得过他 |
[32:50] | And so I have returned… | 所以我回到 |
[32:53] | …to the place where my career in public service began, right here at city hall… | 我公仆事业开始的地方 就在市政府这里 |
[32:59] | …to announce my candidacy to be the next president of the United States. | 宣布我将竞选 下一任美国总统 |
[33:08] | And I ask you… | 我请大家… |
[33:10] | I ask all of you who have been with me from the beginning… | 那些从最初就支持著我的人 |
[33:14] | …to set out with me today from this valley on this new quest… | 和我一起出发 开始一段新的旅程 |
[33:18] | …to help me bring the promise and the opportunity… | 协助我将美国的承诺和机会 |
[33:21] | …of America to all Americans. | 付诸于所有的美国人身上 |
[33:23] | Do you think you’re conservative enough to get the Republican nomination? | 你觉得你够保守 能得到共和党的提名吗? |
[33:27] | I think I’m Republican enough. I’ve been a lifelong Republican. | 我觉得我够像共和党员 我一生都是共和党员 |
[33:31] | Always been loyal to the party. | 一直对党忠心 |
[33:33] | Should the president investigate… | 你觉得总统应该调查 |
[33:35] | …a flag being burned in the White House? | 在白宫焚烧国旗的事吗? |
[33:37] | No. I accept the president’s statement that it was a private party. | 不,我接受总统的声明 那是个私人派对 |
[33:41] | – We don’t need to hear about it. – Don’t people have a right to know…? | 我们不需要知道 人民没有知的权利吗? |
[33:45] | People should know the president’s position on issues. | 人民应该知道 总统对各项议题的态度 |
[33:47] | But they don’t have the right to know what happens at his daughter’s party. | 但没有权利知道 他女儿的派对上发生了什么事 |
[33:51] | – But if they burned a flag… – I think this is a perfect demonstration… | 但如果他们烧了一面国旗… 我想这是最好的例子 |
[33:55] | …of what the president is flying around the world now… | 总统飞过了大半个地球 |
[33:58] | …to try to teach the Chinese government: | 试著教导中国政府 |
[34:01] | The meaning of freedom. | 自由的真意 还好那魔术师没有在 天安门耍这套把戏 |
[34:02] | It’s good the magicians didn’t try this trick in China… | 还好那魔术师没有在 天安门耍这套把戏 |
[34:05] | …with the Chinese flag wrapped in the Chinese Bill of Rights. | 把中国的国旗包在 中国人权宣言里 |
[34:09] | Because there is no Chinese Bill of Rights. | 因为中国没有人权宣言这东西 |
[34:11] | – Senator! Senator! – Thank you. Thank you. | 参议员… 谢谢… |
[34:14] | You have a year to talk me out of voting for him. | 你有一年的时间说服我不选他 |
[34:24] | We’ve reached our cruising altitude of 41,000 feet. | 我们已到达四万一千英尺的高度 |
[34:26] | We’re anticipating a smooth ride over the Pacific tonight. | 预计今晚将会顺利地飞越太平洋 |
[34:30] | We’ll be passing the Hawaiian Ridge to our south in approximately an hour… | 我们再一小时后就会通过 夏威夷群岛 |
[34:33] | …and as always, I’ll give you a reminder as we… | 一如以往地,我要提醒… |
[34:36] | – We’ve got a situation. – What? | 有个状况 什么? |
[34:38] | South Korea. | 南韩 |
[34:51] | – I thought you were gonna let me rest. – Sorry, sir. | 我以为你要我休息 抱歉,长官 |
[34:54] | State got a heads-up from the IAEA… | 国务院刚受到 国际原子能机构的通知 |
[34:56] | …that they’re gonna report that South Korea… | 他们要报告有关于南韩 |
[34:58] | …has admitted to conducting an experiment to enrich uranium. | 承认正在进行 精炼铀原料的实验 |
[35:02] | South Korea is not releasing any details. | 南韩没有提供任何细节 |
[35:04] | We need you to get on the phone and get the president to come clean. | 我们需要你打电话请总统澄清 |
[35:08] | We can’t ask China to help stop North Korean nuclear experiments… | 我们无法请中国帮我们 制止北韩做核子实验 |
[35:11] | …if the South is doing it too. | 而同时南韩也在这么做 |
[35:15] | Get us a secure line with the South Korean president. | 帮我们拨个机密电话给南韩总统 |
[35:17] | C.J… | 茜洁 |
[35:20] | …hold it. | 等一下 |
[35:22] | Sir? | 长官? 我无法动弹 |
[35:23] | I can’t move. | 我无法动弹 |
[35:41] | Progressive paralysis. He had trouble with his hands. | 进行性麻痺 他的手之前有问题 |
[35:44] | Now it’s both legs and his right arm. | 现在是两条腿和右臂 |
[35:46] | So much for being staff-dependent in China. | 还说在中国不会倚靠幕僚 |
[35:49] | Fairbanks is closer. Anchorage is better. | 费尔班克斯比较近 但安克拉治比较好 |
[35:51] | I’ve got better doctors up here than I’d get there. | 这里的医生比那里好 |
[35:54] | We can’t take the chance… | 总统先生,我们不能冒险… 别一副不知道这事会发生一样 总统,我不知道 |
[35:56] | – We knew this was gonna happen. – No, Mr. President, I didn’t know. | 别一副不知道这事会发生一样 总统,我不知道 |
[35:59] | I mean, we always knew it was gonna happen someday. | 我们都知道 这总有一天会发生 |
[36:02] | – I’m ready for it. You better be too. – Sir, we can’t land in China with you… | 我有准备,你们最好也是 长官,这样要如何… |
[36:06] | This plane is going to China. | 这架飞机要前往中国 |
[36:11] | That’s a direct order from your commander in chief. | 这是最高统帅的命令 |
[36:16] | Okay, we’re gonna need to clear the room for some tests. | 好,我们需要清出这个房间 做一些测试 |
[36:32] | Some new numbers. | 新的数据 |
[36:35] | Tracking poll has us up 16 points with Baker out of the race. | 在贝克退出后 我们的民调上升了16个百分点 |
[36:43] | – Hoynes is up too. – Yeah, but we picked up a lot more. | 何尼斯也上升了 对,但我们较多 |
[36:47] | Russell’s the man to beat now. | 罗素现在是领先者了 |
[36:50] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[36:52] | Listen, we have a breakfast tomorrow with senior campaign staff. Drop by. | 明天要和资深竞选员工吃早餐 过来看看吧 |
[36:56] | It doesn’t commit you to anything. Be a fly on the wall if you want. | 这不是强行要你加入 你可以旁听 |
[37:00] | – See how it feels. – No, thanks. | 看看你感觉如何 不了,谢谢 |
[37:08] | This isn’t a Broadway show. | 这不是百老汇演出 我们不能在成功演出八年后 就此喊停结束 |
[37:09] | We don’t just close it down after a successful eight-year run. | 我们不能在成功演出八年后 就此喊停结束 |
[37:13] | You have to care who’ll be in that chair after Bartlet’s gone. | 你得在乎巴特勒离开后 是谁会继任 |
[37:16] | I do. | 我的确在乎 |
[37:19] | That’s why I don’t want Bob Russell to be president. | 那就是为什么我不想让 巴柏罗素当总统 |
[37:43] | Hopefully the doctors will influence him and get us turned around. | 希望医生能说服他让我们掉头 |
[37:46] | We turn this plane around, and that’s the end of his presidency. | 这飞机若掉头 那就是他总统任期的结束了 |
[37:49] | – It’d say he can’t do the job. – We’d be saying he’s sick. | 那代表他无法胜任 我们只是说他病了 |
[37:52] | We’ll go back to China when he’s up to it. | 他好了之后便能回到中国 |
[37:54] | We might as well just say he’s a part-time president. | 我们不如说 他只是个兼职总统 |
[37:57] | He can only do the job when he feels up to it! | 他只有在感觉好时 才能做事 |
[38:00] | You really think he’ll let you turn this plane around? | 你以为他会让妳 把飞机掉头吗? |
[38:02] | If we cancel, China might not believe us. They’ll think it’s because South Korea… | 如果我们取消中国可能不会相信 他们会以为是因为 |
[38:07] | …got caught working on nuclear weapons. | 南韩被抓到进行核武实验 |
[38:10] | We gotta do full disclosure on this. | 我们要完全公开 |
[38:15] | Milly should do a full press briefing, all the medical facts. | 米莉应该将所有的医疗实情 做完整的媒体简报 |
[38:18] | Right here on this plane. Just as soon as we know what…. | 就在这飞机上 只要我们知道… |
[38:21] | He knew. | 他早知道了 |
[38:24] | That’s why the surgeon general’s on the flight. | 那就是为何 卫生署长在飞机上 |
[38:26] | He wanted her here to do the briefing. He knew this might happen. | 他要她在这里做报告 他知道这种事可能发生 |
[38:31] | We’re three hours from Beijing. | 距离北京还要三个小时 |
[38:33] | If we turn around, we’re gonna have to refuel. | 如果要回头我们得加油 |
[38:35] | Maybe we should let the cockpit start checking their options. | 也许我们应该让机舱 开始确认所有的选择 |
[38:39] | – Yeah, okay. – He wants to see you. All of you. | 好的 他要见你们,所有的人 |
[38:52] | Not there. In the infirmary. | 不在那里,在医务室 |
[38:59] | I just got off the phone with President Wang of South Korea. | 我刚刚才和南韩的 王总统通过电话 |
[39:03] | He insists he didn’t know about the nuclear experiment. | 他坚持他不知道 有关核子实验的事 |
[39:06] | Says it was a couple of curious young scientists. | 说是几个好奇的年轻科学家 |
[39:08] | And they only enriched about two-tenths of a gram of uranium. | 说他们只精炼了 约五分之一公克的铀 |
[39:12] | That’s not nearly enough for weapons-grade enrichment, is it? | 那根本不足以制作武器吧? |
[39:15] | No, sir. Weapons-grade would have to be at least 90 percent higher than that. | 不,长官,要比那高 百分之九十才足以制成武器 |
[39:19] | Okay. Wang says they’re cooperating fully with the IAEA inspectors. | 王总统说会完全配合 国际原子能机构检查员 |
[39:24] | He’s ordered these young scientists to participate in a joint press conference… | 他命令这些年轻科学家 明天和检查员一起 |
[39:28] | …with the inspectors tomorrow, then he’s gonna fire them. | 参加共同记者会 然后他会将他们炒鱿鱼 |
[39:31] | – It won’t make North Korea feel better. – I know, but it’s a start. | 这不会让北韩觉得比较好过 我知道,这只是个开始 |
[39:34] | C.J., we gotta set up a quick press briefing… | 茜洁,我们得准备一个 快速的媒体简报 |
[39:38] | – …for the gang in the back of the plane. – Mr. President, are you…? | 让飞机上的团队马上进行报告 总统先生,你还… |
[39:45] | My left hand is back. I still have no feeling in my legs… | 我的左手回来了 但我的腿还是没感觉 |
[39:49] | …and my right arm’s in no shape to be shaking hands. | 我的右手也无法握手 |
[39:52] | Remember to tell the protocol officer that. | 记得要跟礼宾司说 |
[39:54] | – Are you in pain? – No, as long as I don’t attempt… | 会感到疼痛吗? 不,只要我不… |
[39:57] | …any superhuman feat like, say, writing my name. | 尝试做任何超人类的行为 例如写我的名字 |
[40:01] | Okay, let’s get started. | 好,我们开始吧 |
[40:04] | Think anyone’s gonna ask about that flag-burning thing now? | 你们觉得现在还会有人问 焚烧国旗的事吗? |
[40:08] | All right, when we get out there, I’ll lead off with the MS thing… | 好,出去之后 我会先开始讲多发性硬化症的事 |
[40:12] | …then discuss South Korea. | 然后讨论南韩 医疗细节留给妳说,米莉 |
[40:13] | I’ll leave it to you, Milly, to give medical details… | 医疗细节留给妳说,米莉 |
[40:16] | – …if anyone has questions about that. – I think they might have a few hundred. | 如果任何人有疑问的话 我想可能会有不少 |
[40:20] | I’m just gonna say that the president will be working from a wheelchair again. | 我会告诉他们 总统又要在轮椅上工作了 |
[40:25] | – Again? – FDR. | 又要? 罗斯福总统 |
[40:27] | Do I have to remind those kids… | 我需要提醒他们罗斯福 |
[40:29] | …that Roosevelt fought WWll from a wheelchair? | 在轮椅上打 二次世界大战的事吗? |
[40:31] | – Yeah, but…. – But he died in office. | 对,但是… 但他在任内死去 |
[40:34] | Okay, I’ll skip the Roosevelt bit. | 好,那我不提罗斯福 |
[40:37] | Bring that thing over here, would you? | 把那个拿过来,好吗? |
[40:42] | How much you want to bet I can get them to ask about South Korea? | 你们要赌多少 我能让他们问南韩的事? |
[40:49] | How much you got? | 你有多少? |
[40:59] | Sorry to wake you up, but the president has an announcement to make. | 抱歉吵醒你 但总统有事要宣布 |
[41:10] | No, no. I’ll take it from here. | 没关系…接下来由我来 |
[42:12] | Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States. | 女士先生们 我们欢迎美国总统 |