时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
[00:09] | I can’t do the job, Abbey. Do you understand? I can’t do it. | 我做不到,艾碧 妳了解吗?我做不到 |
[00:12] | – He’s gonna need a nap midday. – A nap? He’s gonna love that. | 中午他得小憩一下 小憩?他肯定爱死了 |
[00:15] | We have to run this thing. Are we gonna stand for something… | 我们得全权负责 我们得相互容忍 |
[00:18] | …or just change his sheets for the president’s hospital bed? | 甚至帮总统换病床床单 |
[00:22] | – When you coming back? – Been here an hour… | 你何时回来? 我在这里一个小时了 |
[00:24] | …and already I need another 30 days at Sierra Tucson. | 我还得在图森的谢拉维斯塔 多待三十天 |
[00:27] | Come with me. This guy may be the real deal. | 和我一起去 我觉得他应该很有胜算 |
[00:31] | I already found my guy. | 我早就找到最佳人选了 |
[00:36] | The speech was one of the president’s best. | 剧名:365天 这是总统最好的演说之一 |
[00:38] | – Thanks for not making it too long. – We were aiming for pith. | 谢谢你们没让它太冗长 我们是要强调重点 |
[00:41] | You succeeded. We’ve been speaking with Toby Ziegler… | 而你们成功了,以上是我们 对总统国情咨文撰写者 |
[00:44] | …author of the president’s final State of the Union. Thank you. | 托比齐格所进行的访问,谢谢 |
[00:48] | – Clear. – That was great. | 结束 太好了 |
[00:50] | On prescription drugs, I was wondering if the coverage was… | 结束 太好了 处方药方面 我不知道保险范围… |
[00:53] | – I’m sorry, I’ve gotta… – C.J.’s waiting for you. | 对不起,我得… 茜洁在等你 |
[00:55] | – Thanks. – And here. | 谢谢 还有这个 |
[01:00] | – Congratulations. – Don’t. | 恭喜你 不用 |
[01:02] | – Dials soared. – Please don’t. | 恭喜你 不用 电话不断涌入 请不要 |
[01:03] | – Don’t get me started on the crosstabs. – Trying not to, in fact. | 电话不断涌入 请不要 不要让我说交叉参考列表 我尽力尝试不要妳说 |
[01:07] | – Is he here yet? – Any minute. | 他到了吗? 随时会到 |
[01:10] | – We sure he’s ready for this? – Says he is. | 他准备好了吗? 他说他准备好了 |
[01:12] | – Still, 7 a. m.? – It fits everyone’s schedule. | 仍旧是早上七点? 这样才能配合每个人的时间表 |
[01:15] | – Says he has some thoughts to share. – Some thoughts? | 他说他有些想法要分享 有些想法? |
[01:18] | – Fantastic speech, Toby. – Oh, thank you. | 很棒的演说,托比 谢谢 |
[01:20] | – You really can’t take a compliment. – No. | 你真是不能接受赞美 不能 |
[01:22] | Taylor Reid said it was his finest State of the Union. | 泰勒瑞德说 这是总统最佳的一次国情咨文 |
[01:25] | Yeah, because it’s his last. | 是的,因为这是他的最后一次 |
[01:27] | In last night’s address, the president called for the largest expansion… | 昨晚的国情咨文演说,总统谈到 最大幅度扩大… |
[01:31] | …of the Earned Income Tax Credit… | 工作所得税减免额 |
[01:37] | – Here we are, sir. – Yeah. | 到了,先生 好的 |
[01:40] | Turning to international affairs, President Bartlet announced… | 有关国际事务,巴特勒总统宣布… |
[01:59] | – Thank you. – Good to have you back, Mr. McGarry. | 谢谢 欢迎你回来,马加瑞先生 |
[02:02] | Thanks, Brian. | 谢谢你,布莱恩 |
[02:08] | Good to have you back, Mr. McGarry. | 欢迎你回来,马加瑞先生 |
[02:31] | Welcome back, boss. | 欢迎你回来,老板 |
[02:34] | Thought we were keeping this low-key… | 我以为我们要低调点… |
[02:36] | …just a couple of us kicking a few ideas around. | 我以为我们要低调点… 只是我们几个人讨论一下一些点子 |
[02:39] | This is low-key. Annabeth wanted to bring the Marine band. | 这已经很低调了 安娜贝丝本想请海军乐队来 |
[02:43] | Word got out, and everybody wanted to come and hear what you had to say. | 消息传了出去 每个人都想来听听你要说什么 |
[02:47] | – Good to see you, Leo. – Welcome back. | 很高兴见到你,里奥 欢迎你回来 |
[02:49] | – Welcome back. – Thanks. | 很高兴见到你,里奥 欢迎你回来 欢迎你回来 谢谢 |
[02:54] | – Man of the hour. – Hear, hear. | 风云人物 鼓掌… |
[02:58] | – Come now, no false modesty. – It’s actually self-loathing. | 不要假谦卑了 事实上是自我厌恶 |
[03:01] | – It was great. – Have you two met? | 那真的很棒 你们有见过面吗? |
[03:03] | Press response has been terrific. Stop being such a pill. | 那真的很棒 你们有见过面吗? 媒体的反应好极了 别再这么谦虚了 |
[03:06] | Well, I really wasn’t expecting to have to address a convention, but I can… | 我没想到要面对这么多人 但我可以… |
[03:11] | – Before we start, we got you something. – Completely unnecessary, truly. | 在开始之前,我们准备了点东西 真的完全没这必要 |
[03:16] | Just for the record, I voted for the watch. | 我要声明,我建议送手表 |
[03:20] | My very own defibrillator. | 我的专用电击器 |
[03:25] | Well, like I was saying, I wasn’t really expecting to discuss this… | 如我所说的,我没想到 我要和这么多人 |
[03:29] | …with such a large group, but I’ve been thinking… | 进行讨论 但我在想… |
[03:33] | – …and this might be an excellent time… – Commander. | 这也许是个绝佳时机 指挥官 |
[03:37] | – Sorry. – No problem. | 对不起 没问题 |
[03:39] | I rather unexpectedly found myself with a bit of spare time on my hands… | 我在过去几个月 很意外的发现 |
[03:43] | …these last few months. We’ve been here seven trips around the sun. | 自己有点空闲的时间 我们在这里已有七个年头 |
[03:48] | Done some things we’re proud of, things we’re less pleased about. | 我们做了些令自己骄傲的事 也做了些让自己不满的事 |
[03:52] | – The vice president. I should…. – Sure. | 是副总统,我得要… 没问题 |
[03:54] | – Just be a minute. – It may be time for us… | 我马上回来 也许该是我们 |
[03:57] | …to take our own temperature. An internal inventory. | 自我审视的时候 进行一下内部盘点 |
[04:01] | – Can I borrow C.J. for a moment? – Sure. | 我能不能跟茜洁谈一谈? 没问题 |
[04:06] | What’s done, what’s undone. | 哪些事做了,哪些事还没做 |
[04:09] | What’s done that we’d like to undo or do over. | 有哪些做了的事 我们想取消或重做 |
[04:14] | A demonstration in Bolivia outside our embassy. Big one. | 我们在玻利维亚的使馆外 有大规模的示威活动 |
[04:17] | – The ambassador’s statement. – It’s seen as interfering in the election. | 因为大使的那篇声名 被视为干涉选举 |
[04:21] | The guy is a socialist who says if elected… | 这家伙是个社会主义者 他说他若是当选 |
[04:23] | …he’ll halt their coca eradication program. | 他要停止他们的毒品铲除计划 |
[04:28] | – Get into this. – I’ll call DOD, Intel… | 我们得处理这问题 我会打电话给国防部,情报部门 |
[04:30] | …the undersecretary for low-grade conflicts. | 负责低层级冲突的次长 |
[04:32] | – We have an undersecretary for that? – Be glad he’s who I’m calling. | 我们有这种次长? 妳该庆幸我正要打电话给他 |
[04:38] | Fight the seduction of tumult for tumult’s sake. | 要对抗混乱的诱惑 为了对抗混乱本身 |
[04:42] | – I need Charlie. – Of course. | 我要找查理 没问题 |
[04:46] | – There’s a situation in Bolivia. – Serious? | 玻利维亚出了状况 很严重吗? |
[04:48] | Low-grade. See what meetings you can cover… | 低层级 看有什么会议你可以代理我… |
[04:50] | …what needs to be moved. | 有什么会议得改期 |
[04:52] | – What’s Leo talking about? – I’m really not sure. | 有什么会议得改期 里奥是在说什么? 我不是很确定 |
[04:55] | Sir, one week doesn’t seem… Can we discuss it? | 长官,一星期似乎不… 我们能否讨论一下? |
[04:59] | Didn’t we just do this? Taking inventory? | 我们刚刚不是正在做这件事? 盘点存货吗? |
[05:01] | – It’s called the State of the Union. – It was fine. | 那就叫国情咨文 国情咨文很不错 |
[05:04] | Excuse me, Leo. Labor secretary’s panicked about the press. | 对不起,里奥,劳工部长 正在为记者会感到恐慌 |
[05:07] | I’ll be right back. The man’s an infant. | 我马上回来,那人是个婴儿 |
[05:10] | It’s about time he got a good spanking. | 该是好好打他屁股的时候 |
[05:13] | – I’d better…. – Referee. | 我最好… 作调停者 |
[05:15] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:17] | – Welcome back. – I just came to get these guys. | 欢迎回来 我是要来找这些人的 |
[05:20] | – Situation. Juggling some things. – Go on. | 出了状况,有问题要解决 去吧 |
[05:31] | Are we done, Mr. McGarry? | 我们说完了吗?马加瑞先生 |
[05:33] | No. Not yet. | 不,还没有 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:玛丽马科麦克 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:马丁辛 |
[06:30] | Balance is back. Any numbness? Pain? | 平衡感恢复了 还有麻木或疼痛感吗? |
[06:33] | Physical or existential? | 肉体上的,还是本来就存在的? |
[06:36] | Any chance of getting a straight answer? | 我能获得一个直接的答案吗? |
[06:38] | – Good luck with that. – Nada. Spiritual or otherwise. | 我能获得一个直接的答案吗? 祝你好运 都没有,是精神上的 |
[06:41] | – You don’t have to go. – They’ll think we’re Yankee elitists. | 妳用不著去 他们会认为我们自以为了不起 |
[06:44] | – And be correct. – You could make the occasional effort. | 而我们是对的 你可以偶而出点力 |
[06:48] | Five hundred laps around an oval. | 我已绕了椭圆形桌500圈 |
[06:50] | An entire sport predicated on the expectation of the Grand Guignol. | 一个就像《大吉尼惊悚剧》的 体育活动 |
[06:53] | Guignol, Guignol. | 是大吉尼奥尔… |
[06:55] | If you’re gonna brag about intellectual hauteur, get your fancy references right. | 是大吉尼奥尔… 你若想夸耀自己的知识 在引经据典时要发音正确 |
[07:00] | Grand Guignol, connoting the sanguinary. Blood. Like hockey. | 大吉尼奥尔意味著杀戮、血腥 就像曲棍球 |
[07:03] | – Leave my Bruins alone. – Martinsville Speedway. It’ll be a treat. | 你别扯到我的《布朗队》 马丁斯维尔赛车场,一定很棒 |
[07:06] | There are people with their own teeth that are NASCAR fans. | 这些还有真牙齿的人 是云斯顿赛车迷 |
[07:09] | Are you a doctor? I didn’t see your credentials. | 你真的是医生吗? 我没看过你的证书 |
[07:12] | University of Daytona. | 我是戴通纳大学毕业的 |
[07:14] | Now who’s with the not-straight answers? | 我是戴通纳大学毕业的 现在是谁不给直接答案了? |
[07:16] | He prefers to be the amusing one. Fun for the rest of us. | 他喜欢逗人笑 娱乐我们大家 |
[07:19] | So is he well enough to join me? | 他可以和我一起去吗? |
[07:20] | Pressure and vitals are fine, but I’d rather he didn’t push himself. | 他可以和我一起去吗? 血压和重要器官都没问题 |
[07:24] | – He put you up to this. – Enjoy the Grand Guignol. | 制片:艾莉亚提 但我宁可他别太强迫自己 制片:克里斯汀哈姆斯 安德鲁史登 是他教你的吧 去享受《大吉尼奥尔惊悚剧》吧 |
[07:28] | Horror and sensationalism, not blood. Look it up. | 恐怖且哗众取宠,但并不血腥 去看看 |
[07:34] | The president will see you now. | 总统现在可以见你们了 |
[07:41] | Sir, Zalaya’s now polling a close second in Bolivia. | 长官 制片:迪伦马辛 麦可希斯瑞区 |
[07:45] | Wasn’t he fourth? Maybe our ambassador… | 沙拉亚在玻利维亚的民调 紧追在第二 他不是排名第四吗? |
[07:47] | …can say something new and inflammatory, help him bridge that gap. | 他不是排名第四吗? 编剧:马克高夫曼 也许我们那位大使 可以再说些煽动性言论 以帮助他缩短那差距 |
[07:50] | There’s concern about rioting. | 我们恐怕会出现骚动 |
[07:52] | We need a statement affirming our impartiality. | 我们必须发表声明 强调我们不偏向任何一方 |
[07:55] | Pretend to a disinterest no one’s gonna believe… | 假装没兴趣,没人会相信的 |
[07:58] | …because some diplomat had too much… | 导演:安德鲁伯恩斯坦 因为某位外交官喝了太多… |
[08:00] | – What do they drink there? – The ambassador’s not a stickler. | 因为某位外交官喝了太多… 他们在那里喝什么啊? 大使不是个怪胎 |
[08:03] | I’m not declaring to an indifference that’ll provoke guffaws. | 我不会声明我们不感兴趣 那会引发国际笑话 |
[08:07] | If Zalaya wins, he’s pledged to renationalize their industries… | 如果沙拉亚获胜 他誓言要将他们的工业重新国有化 |
[08:10] | …stop payment on their $6 billion debt, and remove all U.S. imperialist forces. | 不再偿还他们的60亿外债 铲除所有美帝国主义力量 |
[08:15] | The imperialist forces their government expressly invited in. | 这帝国主义力量 是他们政府特意邀请进来的 |
[08:19] | They’ve been one of our best allies in the war on drugs. | 他们一直是我们在 对抗毒品战争中的最好盟邦 |
[08:22] | Since no one ever wins and it never ends, we shouldn’t call it a war. | 由于从来没有人赢而且永远不会结束 我们该停止称它为战争 |
[08:25] | But we have 2000 troops and seven battleships in Latin America… | 但我们在拉丁美洲有二千个部队 及七艘战舰 |
[08:29] | …and our pilots engage daily in gunfire. But we don’t have to call it war. | 飞行员每天身处战火之中 但我们没必要称它为战争 |
[08:33] | How about a low-grade conflict? | 低层级冲突呢? |
[08:35] | State feels we can tamp it down if you walk the ambassador’s statement back. | 低层级冲突呢? 国务院认为你若能收回大使的声明 可以压制怒火 |
[08:39] | “The United States remains neutral in all free elections… | 〝美国在所有自由选举均保持中立… |
[08:42] | …and discourages any manner of external interference. “ | 不允许任何形式的外在介入〞 |
[08:45] | I can probably keep a straight face through that. Is it enough? | 我可以整个过程都不露任何表情 这样够好了吗? |
[08:49] | – You may specify with regard to Bolivia. – “This means you, La Paz. “ | 你可以具体指名是有关玻利维亚 〝这代表是你,拉巴斯〞 |
[08:52] | – So it’s reported in the Latin press. – They can figure it out. What’s next? | 这会在拉丁美洲的媒体报导 他们会理解的,下个项目 |
[08:57] | You wouldn’t be more comfortable in your office? | 你回到你的办公室等 会不会比较舒服? |
[09:00] | This is fine. | 没关系 |
[09:05] | – I’m sure you could go in and join them. – I’ll wait. | 我认为你可以进去加入他们 我等好了 |
[09:09] | They should be done any minute. | 他们应该随时就会结束 |
[09:13] | Can I get you some water or anything? | 你要不要喝杯水或什么? |
[09:15] | I’m good, Deb. You’ve got things to worry about other than me. | 你要不要喝杯水或什么? 我没事,黛比 妳有比我更重要的事要烦心 |
[09:18] | – You never called me Deb before. – No? | 你过去从未叫过我黛比 没有吗? |
[09:21] | The president does sometimes. I actually kind of hate it. | 总统有时候会这样叫我 事实上我很讨厌这称呼 |
[09:27] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay. You didn’t know. | 对不起 没关系,你并不知道 |
[09:29] | – You ever tell him? – Hard to work it in. | 妳有告诉过他吗? 很难跟他说 |
[09:32] | “Sir, the North Koreans just threatened to rain nuclear fire on Japan… | 〝长官,北韩再度威胁 要以核武攻击日本… |
[09:35] | …the NASDAQ is tanking, there’s a Category 4 hurricane… | 那斯达克跌跌不休 有个四级飓风… |
[09:39] | …making landfall in the Keys… | 将在佛罗里达群岛登陆… |
[09:42] | – …and, oh, don’t call me Deb. ” – You should tell him. | 还有,别叫我黛比〞 妳该告诉他的 |
[09:45] | Oh, hey. Leo, sorry about this morning. | 里奥,今早的事很抱歉 |
[09:48] | – It happens. – I got this Bolivia thing. | 那没什么 玻利维亚出了状况 |
[09:50] | – I understand. – Love to get your perspective on it. | 我了解 我很想知道你对它的看法 |
[09:53] | – After I’ve seen the president. – Later. | 也许等我见过总统之后 待会儿见 |
[09:55] | Whenever. | 随时都行 |
[10:00] | – This afternoon? – Sure, if that’s good. | 今天下午? 当然,如果可以的话 |
[10:03] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的… |
[10:06] | – Three-thirty? – See you then. | 三点半? 到时候见 |
[10:08] | Looking forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[10:16] | Was that Thomas Paine always there? | 汤姆佩恩一直都挂在那里吗? |
[10:18] | I thought that was Nathan Hale. “I regret I only have but one life,” et cetera. | 我以为那是纳珊海尔 〝我很遗憾我的人生只有一世〞 |
[10:22] | Paine. “These are the times that try men’s souls. “ | 是佩恩 〝这是考验人类心灵的时刻〞 |
[10:26] | Get over yourself, Tom. | 算了吧,汤姆 |
[10:31] | Ways and Means has some procedural issues… | 有关工作所得税减免额 |
[10:33] | – …with the Earned Income Tax Credit. – But there’s movement. | 有些程序上的问题 但是有动向 |
[10:37] | Ten billion’s the goal, but it’s an election year, I’m realistic. | 100亿是目标 但这是选举年,我重实际 |
[10:40] | Great response to the State of the Union. Thirty-six breaks for applause. | 国情咨文的反应很不错 因为有人鼓掌,暂停了36次 |
[10:44] | I don’t know what’s more embarrassing, that we count or that I care. | 我不知道哪样比较丢脸 是我们计算次数,还是我们在乎 |
[10:48] | – Very impressive. – I blame him. | 很令人感动 都是他的错 |
[10:50] | – Wasn’t me. – He’s doing his “sackcloth and ashes” bit. | 不是我 他在表演他的〝披麻蒙灰〞那套 |
[10:53] | I used to think it was a way of harvesting more compliments. | 过去我曾认为 这是获取更多赞美的方式 |
[10:56] | Now I understand it’s just self-abnegation and clinical despair. | 现在我了解到 这只是自我牺牲以及绝望 |
[11:00] | Man understands me. | 这个人了解我 |
[11:02] | Mr. President, Leo McGarry is outside. | 总统先生,里奥马加瑞在外面 |
[11:05] | – He’s been waiting? – Yes, and you’re late… | 他一直在外面等? 是的,国安局的车臣简报 |
[11:08] | – …for your NSA briefing on Chechnya. – Okay. Thanks. | 你要迟到了 好的,谢谢 |
[11:11] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Knock again in five minutes. | 谢谢你,总统先生 五分钟后再敲门 |
[11:14] | – Yes, sir. – Thanks, Deb. | 好的 谢谢妳,黛比 |
[11:20] | Leo, have I said how great it is having you back? | 里奥,我有说过 你能回来真好吗? |
[11:22] | – A few times. – Oh, sorry. | 说了好几次 对不起 |
[11:25] | Everyone has. | 每个人都这样说 |
[11:27] | Not quite sure what you want me doing. | 但我不确定你要我做什么 |
[11:29] | What you always did. Make me smarter. | 做你一直以来在做的事 让我变的更有智慧 |
[11:31] | By comparison? Absolutely. | 跟你相比吗?当然 |
[11:37] | Oh, congratulations on last night. | 恭喜你昨晚的演说 |
[11:39] | I planned a morning resting on my laurels… | 我原本计划今天早上要轻松一下 |
[11:41] | …but there’s this I-don’t-know-what in Bolivia. | 但在玻利维亚却发生了状况 |
[11:44] | Courtland and his big yap. | 柯特兰和他的大嘴巴 |
[11:46] | – Wonder why he said it. – He’s an idiot. | 不懂他干嘛那样说 他是个白痴 |
[11:49] | He was always an idiot. | 他一直都是个白痴 |
[11:51] | Why do you think we made him ambassador to Bolivia? | 他一直都是个白痴 你觉得我们为什么要让他 出使玻利维亚? |
[11:54] | – Why do you think? – Have you given thought… | 你有什么想法? 你有没有想过… |
[11:56] | …how I might make myself useful? I don’t wanna undermine C.J. | 我要如何让自己变的有用? 我并不想破坏茜洁的职务 |
[11:59] | Sorry to interrupt, sir, but President Trenier is holding for you. | 抱歉打断你们,长官 但崔尼总统在电话那头 |
[12:03] | You can do that. Talk to the French. | 你可以做这件事 和法国人交谈 |
[12:05] | – Sorry. I gotta take this. – Of course. | 抱歉,我得接这电话 没问题 |
[12:07] | The day’s getting away. Dinner tonight? | 一天又要过了,一起吃晚餐? |
[12:10] | – Be great. – I don’t care I’ve said it. | 好的 我不管我已说过多少次 |
[12:12] | – It’s a great thing you’re back. – See you tonight. | 你能回来真是太好了 晚上见 |
[12:15] | Bonjour, Mr. President. Yes, I’m really looking forward to the G8 in Paris. | 早安,总统先生,我很期待 在巴黎的八大工业国高峰会 |
[12:20] | I know what it is. It just has a dull name. | 我知道那是什么 只是它的名称很沉闷 |
[12:23] | Earned Income Tax Credit. It’s the one program that sounds like what it is. | 工作所得税减免额 这是一个名符其实的计划 |
[12:27] | Exactly. D-U-L-L. | 是的,很沉闷 |
[12:29] | This goes to the DNC, and this one’s a blast fax. | 这送到民主党全国委员会 这是传真 |
[12:32] | It was a highlight of the address. | 这是整个演说的重点 |
[12:34] | By “highlight,” you mean a chance for viewers to wonder if they’ll have sex. | 这是整个演说的重点 说是〝重点〞 ,就是给观众一个机会 考虑那晚是否该有性生活 |
[12:39] | – You have… – I know. | 是的,妳有… 我知道 |
[12:40] | It’s important. Thirty-six million live below the poverty line… | 是的,妳有… 我知道 这很重要,有3600万美国人 生活在贫困中 |
[12:44] | – …a million more than last year. – Shout that out. | 比去年多了一百万人 我们应该公布这些数字 |
[12:46] | – We blame Republicans. – There’s a fresh angle. | 我们责怪共和党员 这倒是个新鲜观点 |
[12:49] | Did you see the HUD bill markup? | 你有没有看到住屋发展部的 预算增加? |
[12:51] | The secretary spoke to the budget director. | 你有没有看到住屋发展部的 预算增加? 部长已和主计长谈过 |
[12:53] | No program does more to lift kids from poverty than EITC. | 工作所得税减免额计划 是最能帮助贫穷孩子的计划 |
[12:56] | Oh, God, I thought the name was dull. The acronym’s worse. | 天啊,我以为它的名称已够沉闷 没想到它的缩写更糟 |
[13:00] | You can’t find a catchier handle? | 你已研究了两个月 就不能想个动听点的名称吗? |
[13:03] | “Marriage penalty. ” “Death tax. ” Now that you remember. | 〝婚姻惩罚〞 , 〝死亡税〞 这样你就能记住了 |
[13:16] | – Leo. – Margaret. | 里奥 玛格丽特 |
[13:17] | – Who did this to you? – I got rid of everything. | 里奥 玛格丽特 是谁对你做出这种事的? 我清掉了所有一切 |
[13:21] | I should have gone with the mahogany. I had a feeling. | 我应该用红木的,我有个感觉 |
[13:23] | I don’t want any clutter. | 我不喜欢太杂乱 |
[13:27] | – It’s a look. – Are those the…? | 这是一种风格 那些是…? |
[13:28] | I’m still looking for the second inaugural. | 这是一种风格 那些是…? 我还在寻找第二次就职演说 |
[13:31] | – Floor’s good. – Really? | 可以放在地板上 是吗? |
[13:33] | – Tower or pile? – Surprise me. | 起高楼或平放? 看妳的创意 |
[13:37] | I just found out eight U.S. contractors are being held at gunpoint in Bolivia. | 我刚得知有八名美国工作人员 在玻利维亚被挟持 |
[13:41] | Intel’s sketchy, but it looks like it might be by Zalaya supporters. | 情报并不完整,但看来可能是 沙拉亚的支持者干的 |
[13:44] | – Thanks for the tapes. – We’re in the Sit Room… | 谢谢妳帮我准备带子 我们正在战情室 |
[13:47] | – …if you wanna… – I’m sure you can all handle this. | 如果你… 我相信你们可以处理这情况 |
[13:50] | Let me know about the second inaugural. | 如果妳找到第二次就职演说 就告诉我 |
[13:52] | Sure. | 好的 |
[13:54] | – I should…. – Yeah. C.J.’s probably looking for you. | 好的 我该… 是的,茜洁可能正在找妳 |
[13:59] | Right. | 好的 |
[14:19] | …is an age of possibility, of great trials, but also of tremendous opportunities. | 这是个充满各种可能,考验 以及机会的年代 |
[14:26] | We need to set our nation on a new course, create a new history. | 我们要为我们的国家设定新路线 创造新历史 |
[14:33] | – Ten-hut. – At ease. | 起立 请坐 |
[14:36] | – What’s the story? – U.S. contractors were ambushed… | 是什么情况? 美国工作人员被伏击… |
[14:38] | – …in the Chapare jungle. – How many? | 地点在夏培尔丛林 有多少人? |
[14:40] | – Eight. – Alive? | 八名 还活著吗? |
[14:42] | – Far as we know. – Captured by who? | 八名 还活著吗? 据了解还活著 是被谁俘虏的? |
[14:44] | – They’re described as Zalaya supporters. – I have enthusiastic supporters. | 他们形容自己是沙拉亚的支持者 我有热情的支持者 |
[14:47] | They don’t hold people at gunpoint, much as I might wish they would. | 他们不会用枪挟持人 虽然我有时希望他们会 |
[14:51] | These are paramilitaries, sir. | 这是准军事部队 |
[14:52] | Run for president, you get a private army? | 竞选总统 要有私人军队吗? |
[14:55] | It’s South America. If Bolivia wasn’t landlocked, he’d have his own navy too. | 这是南美洲,玻利维亚若非内陆国 他一定会拥有自己的海军 |
[14:59] | They claim the contractors are CIA hijacking the election. | 他们声称那些工作人员 是中情局干员,意图破坏选举 |
[15:02] | – Are they? – No. | 他们是吗? 不是 他们为什么会在那里? 他们是平民 |
[15:03] | – Why are they there? – They’re private citizens. | 他们是吗? 不是 他们为什么会在那里? 他们是平民 |
[15:05] | Who take camouflage gear with them on vacation? | 谁会带迷彩服去渡假? |
[15:08] | They’re part of the coca eradication. | 他们是消灭古柯的工作者 |
[15:10] | – They work for the government. – Bolivian? | 他们为政府工作 玻利维亚政府? |
[15:13] | – U.S. government. – Sorry. | 是美国政府 抱歉 |
[15:14] | State has a $ 700 million contract with Tarmacorp, their employer. | 是美国政府 抱歉 国务院和他们的雇主塔马公司 有七亿美元合约 |
[15:18] | – They’re armed? – Yes. They’re spraying coca fields… | 他们有武装? 当然,他们喷洒由毒枭经营的… |
[15:20] | – …run by drug cartels. – C.J.’s driving at the difference… | 古柯田 茜洁所要著眼的地方 |
[15:24] | …between what they’re called is more like dolphins and porpoises… | 是他们所谓海豚与鼠海豚间的不同 |
[15:27] | …rather than lions and bats. What are the captors’ demands? | 而非狮子与蝙蝠的不同 俘虏者要求什么? |
[15:31] | – They haven’t made any. – We think this may be an election stunt. | 他们还没提出要求 我们认为这可能是选举花招 |
[15:35] | Zalaya got a bounce from the ambassador. | 沙拉亚从大使身上获得力量 |
[15:37] | He figures a trumped-up U.S. tampering charge puts him over the top. | 他想捏造美国企图影响选情的控诉 以把他推到最高点 |
[15:41] | Our guys were there spraying coca fields. We’re certain of that? | 我们的人只是在那里喷洒古柯田 这点我们可以确定吗? |
[15:44] | Not necessarily themselves directly. | 他们并不是直接参与 |
[15:46] | I know they may not attach the hose to the nozzle… | 我知道他可能没有把管子接上喷嘴 |
[15:49] | …but they were doing eradication work. | 但他们是在做铲除工作 |
[15:51] | – Yes, sir. – Not freelancing? Maybe doing some… | 是的 不是兼差而已?会不会是在… |
[15:54] | …electoral strong-arming in their free time? | 闲暇时间涉及一些选举暴力? |
[15:57] | – There’s no evidence of that. – Make sure, would you, please? | 没有证据显示 你去确定一下好吗? |
[16:00] | With our history there, people will find it easier to believe… | 根据我们在那里的历史记录 人们比较会相信… |
[16:04] | …Zalaya’s charges than our denials. | 沙拉亚的指控 而不是我们的否认 |
[16:06] | It may not make a difference, but when we call him a liar, let’s be right. | 也许没差别,但当我们说他说谎时 我们必须是正确的 |
[16:09] | Okay. Next crisis. Korea. | 好的,下一个危机,韩国 |
[16:12] | A 3-foot hole has appeared in the DMZ fence. | 在非武装区边界 出现了一个三尺长的洞 |
[16:15] | Intergovernmental Affairs must announce the Indian health-care reauthorization. | 内政部必须宣布 印地安人保健会重新授权 |
[16:19] | – It’ll get trumped by Bolivia. – Where is that? | 玻利维亚会吹号庆祝 现在情况如何? |
[16:21] | Being sure we weren’t doing what Zalaya says. | 得确定我们没做出沙拉亚 所指控我们做出的事 |
[16:23] | – And? – Liar, liar, pants on fire. | 然后? 不停的说谎 |
[16:25] | It won’t rhyme in Spanish. Don’t be disappointed. | 用西班牙文说无法押韵,不要失望 |
[16:28] | President took a turn at Whack-a-DCI. | 总统对防务能力计划很不满 |
[16:29] | – Guy’s gotta quit, right? – I hope not. It’s fun. | 那家伙该辞职不是吗? 我希望不要,这很有趣 |
[16:32] | It’s the only person he picks on. CIA director goes, it could be you or me. | 这是他唯一能挑毛病的人 若没了中情局长,可能是你我遭殃 |
[16:36] | It’s been me. Are we concerned about our history down there? | 一定是我,我们是否得担心 我们在那边的历史记录 |
[16:39] | – Allende, the CIA and Che Guevara? – Yeah. We don’t have much credibility. | 阿连德、中情局、切格瓦拉? 是的,我们没什么可信度 |
[16:44] | – No. Talk to Intergovernmental? – In my spare time. | 是没有,妳去和内政部谈? 等我有空时 |
[16:46] | Thank the VP for his help on the speech follow-through. | 感谢副总统对演说的协助 |
[16:49] | About that. He’s out there. He’s shilling. | 有关这点,他人就在那里 他在展现诚意 |
[16:52] | Showing loyalty to an administration he happens to be serving in? | 是对他所服务的政府 表示忠诚吗? |
[16:55] | It’s the president’s agenda. I don’t recall… | 这是总统的行程 我不记得… |
[16:57] | …discussing what would help us in the primaries. | 我们的讨论 对我们有什么帮助 |
[17:00] | He’ll help this week because the president can’t, but then he campaigns. | 他这星期会帮忙,因为总统不能 在此之后,竞选排在第一 |
[17:04] | – Maybe don’t thank him so much. – Hello, Ms. Cregg. | 看来也许不必太感谢他 妳好,葛瑞小姐 |
[17:07] | Governor, everyone. Sorry to keep you waiting. | 州长,各位,抱歉让你们久等 |
[17:11] | First lady’s gonna be attending a stock-car race. | 第一夫人将要前往观赏赛车 |
[17:14] | – Hell, yeah. – Excuse me? | 该死的棒 妳说什么? |
[17:16] | Colorful regional colloquialism betokening enthusiasm of a visceral, rowdy variety. | 有趣的地方语言表达出内心热情 及多样化的粗俗 |
[17:21] | – You’re making this too complicated. – Prep her. | 你把这搞得太复杂了 我要妳教她一下 |
[17:23] | It’s a bunch of cars going real fast around an oval. I’m done. | 一大堆车子迅速的绕著椭圆形开 就是这样 |
[17:27] | It’s a food pyramid, not a human genome. | 那是食物金字塔,不是人类基因组 |
[17:29] | There are fish-out-of-water concerns. | 我们担心她会看的一头雾水 |
[17:31] | This is your dream come true. Eliza Doolittle gets to tutor Henry Higgins. | 这能让妳的梦想实现 卖花女辅导希金斯教授 |
[17:35] | I’ll see if I can’t find my redneck-to-snob dictionary. | 我看看在我的字典里 是否能找到〝自以为是〞 |
[17:38] | Here’s the message. “Eat less bread. “ | 给你一个建议〝少吃点面包〞 |
[17:40] | – You’re offended? – You’re implying… | 妳生气了? 你是在暗示… |
[17:42] | – …I’m some hillbilly hick? – Sorry. I didn’t mean to imply it. | 我是个乡下人? 对不起,我没这意思 |
[17:46] | – It was an emphatic assertion. – We rubes can throw down. | 只是妳反应过度 小心点,我们乡下人很会打架 |
[17:49] | Just teach her some terms. Vocabulary. | 妳去教她一些辞语、字汇 |
[17:51] | First, no one attends a stock-car race. You’re just going. | 首先,没有人要参加赛车 你只是去观赏 |
[17:54] | – Like as not, going drunk. – Good, but I don’t think Dr. Bartlet… | 就像是去喝醉酒 很好,但我不认为第一夫人 |
[17:58] | – …will be getting liquored up. – Too bad. It gets boring. | 要去喝醉 太可惜了,那样会很无聊 |
[18:01] | Can you teach her when to cheer? Stuff like that? | 妳可以教她何时该鼓掌吗? 那类的事 |
[18:04] | Just make sure we avoid a flyover-values disaster. | 只需要确定不要出现 中部价值论的灾难 |
[18:07] | – Sorry? – People in the middle of the country… | 你说什么? 那些住在中部的人… |
[18:09] | – …you fly over getting to… – Real cities? | 你要经过飞行才能到达… 你在说真正的城市? |
[18:12] | Can’t see why you worry about offending them. | 我看不出你为何还要担心 自己会触怒他们 |
[18:14] | The labor secretary. | 劳工部长 |
[18:17] | Yeah. Thanks. | 好的,谢谢 |
[18:23] | Interdiction without intervention. | 未斡旋即禁止 |
[18:25] | Eradication without education leaves root causes… | 未教育即消灭 让根本病因 |
[18:29] | …to linger and fester, damning our most vigorous efforts… | 继续存在的恶化 毁了我们的努力… |
[18:33] | – What are you watching? – The State of the Union. | 你在看什么? 国情咨文 |
[18:36] | – I don’t remember hearing that last night. – Second year. | 我不记得昨晚有听到这些 这是第二年的 |
[18:40] | – You need something? – Felt bad about running out this morning. | 你有什么事吗? 我很抱歉早上那样匆匆离开 |
[18:43] | Is there a time you could catch me up? | 我们能找个时间聊聊吗? |
[18:45] | – Whatever’s good. – This afternoon? | 随便什么时候都行 今天下午? |
[18:48] | – Who should I coordinate this with? – That’d be me. | 我要跟谁协调时间? 我 |
[18:50] | Oh, okay. How’s 6? | 好的,六点如何? |
[18:53] | – That works. – I’ll be here. | 可以 我会过来 |
[18:54] | I don’t mind going over. Could stand the exercise. | 可以 我会过来 我不介意过去,我可以运动一下 |
[18:57] | – I’ll come to you. – Fine. | 我来找你 好的 |
[18:59] | See you then. | 我来找你 好的 到时候见 |
[19:01] | …cost to our national treasury, as well as our citizenry trapped in a disease… | 造成国库的损失 以及人民深陷… |
[19:07] | …as insidious as it is neglected. | 由于忽略 而隐伏在那里的弊病 |
[19:10] | – You’re bailing. – We’re not bailing. | 你们是想要摆脱 我们不是要摆脱 |
[19:12] | Earned Income Tax Credit is a Democratic issue. | 你们是想要摆脱 我们不是要摆脱 工作所得税减免额是个民主党问题 |
[19:14] | We can push it out at 500 million. | 我们可以设定在五亿 |
[19:16] | – The president wants 10 billion. – That’s more. | 我们可以设定在五亿 太好了,总统要一百亿 那是更多 |
[19:19] | He got applause from both sides. | 他从两边都获得掌声 |
[19:21] | Last night. In the dawn, Republicans are gonna insist on added enforcements. | 他从两边都获得掌声 那是昨晚,今早清晨 共和党员将会坚持加强执行 |
[19:25] | – Their sobriety gives me a hangover. – Fraud prevention, accounting… | 他们的清醒让我变成宿醉 防止欺骗,会计… |
[19:28] | These are families at the bottom. . | 这些都是底层的家庭 |
[19:30] | – Paperwork will confuse them. – I’ll be there soon. | 文书工作会让他们很困扰 我很快就会过去 |
[19:33] | – We’re done. – We’re not done, and you’re not bailing. | 我们谈完了 我们还没好,你们不能走 |
[19:36] | – It’s a Republican Congress. – Why does no one come here… | 这是共和党的国会 为何没人来这里… |
[19:39] | …and say this is a Democratic White House? We should reflect it. | 说这是民主党的白宫? 也许我们该开始反映这点 |
[19:43] | – We don’t have votes. – After a State of the Union… | 我们没有投票权 在国情咨文发表之后… |
[19:45] | …presidents usually barnstorm to sell it. | 总统通常会到处演说推销 |
[19:48] | Don’t lecture us on how to wield this White House’s clout. | 不要教导我们 如何施展白宫的影响力 |
[19:53] | – She really said that? – If she wasn’t a woman… | 她真的这样说? 如果她不是个女人… |
[19:55] | …we might have had to throw down. Regional colloquialism. | 我们可能会跟她干架 是方言用语 |
[19:59] | – What’s the next step? – Not sure there is one. | 下一步该怎么做? 我不确定还有下一步 |
[20:01] | – EITC’s just dead? – No, no, Timmy. | 工作所得税减免计划要胎死腹中? 不是这样的 |
[20:03] | There’s a nice farm where it can play with other dogs. | 工作所得税减免计划要胎死腹中? 不是这样的 我们还可以跟其他人讨论 |
[20:06] | How did last night become this? | 昨晚的情况 怎么会变成现在这样? |
[20:08] | Bolivia, bad employment numbers… | 昨晚的情况 怎么会变成现在这样? 玻利维亚,高失业率… |
[20:10] | – …a hole in the fence. – Now no furniture. | 玻利维亚,高失业率… 边界穿了一个洞 现在是没家具 |
[20:12] | The majority leader’s been in the Treaty Room since… He says since Tuesday. | 多数党领袖说 他从星期二开始一直待在条约厅 |
[20:16] | The NOAA administrator called about the flood area in Hawaii. | 国家海洋及大气总署来电 谈到夏威夷的淹水区域 |
[20:20] | He’s setting up a conference call with FEMA. | 他要和联邦紧急管理总署 开电话会议 |
[20:22] | – You have a meeting with Leo. – If things are wild… | 妳和里奥有个会要开 如果妳很忙… |
[20:25] | – …I’ll find you. – Carol wants you. | 我再来找妳 卡萝要找妳 |
[20:27] | The labor secretary is threatening to quit. | 我再来找妳 卡萝要找妳 劳工部长威胁要辞职 |
[20:30] | – You saw the new furniture? – Leo, I’m sorry… | 妳看到新家具了吗? 里奥,我很抱歉… |
[20:32] | – Sure. We’ll get to it. – Majority leader, natural disaster. | 没关系,我们再聊 多数党领袖,大自然灾难 |
[20:40] | – Busy day. – Yeah. | 忙碌的一天 是的 |
[20:49] | – One week. – Can we not do this? | 一星期 我们能不能不要这样做? |
[20:51] | One week to support the man who dug him out of obscurity. | 一星期 我们能不能不要这样做? 只是要他支持这个 让他出名的人一个星期 |
[20:54] | – He was a widely known congressman. – As a joke. | 他曾是有名的国会议员 那是个笑话 |
[20:56] | – We made fun of him. – You guys picked him. | 我们嘲笑他 是你们挑选他的 |
[20:58] | – I wasn’t in that room. – You think I was? | 我没在那房间 你认为我在吗? |
[21:01] | Then be mad at the president. Or Leo. Or whoever else was there. | 我没在那房间 你认为我在吗? 那就去怪总统或是里奥 或任何在那房间的人 |
[21:05] | And pick a position. You can’t think he’s a joke… | 你要确定你的立场 你不能还认为他是个笑话… |
[21:08] | …and then be upset he’s not helping. | 又生气他没帮忙 |
[21:10] | – Yes, I can. – He’s supportive. He’ll continue to be. | 又生气他没帮忙 对,我可以这样 他很支持,他会持续支持 |
[21:13] | – If it’s in his interest. – Oh, I’m sorry. | 如果对他有利的话 很抱歉 |
[21:15] | – Have political rules been suspended? – They should be any chance we get. | 政治规则被搁置了吗? 若有必要,政治规则是该被搁置 |
[21:19] | – It’s disloyalty. – The vice president has been steadfast. | 这是不忠 副总统一直很坚定 |
[21:23] | I wasn’t talking about him. | 我不是说他 |
[21:29] | – Hey, Leo. – Hey. | 你好,里奥 你好 |
[21:31] | – What you watching? – Old State of the Unions. | 你在看什么? 旧的国情咨文 |
[21:35] | – What for? – Just curious. | 为什么? 只是很好奇 |
[21:37] | – How you doing? – Little whiplashed. | 你还好吧? 感觉像被打了一记闷棍 |
[21:40] | – Last night was such a high. – There as a staffer, at the adult table. | 昨晚的情绪很高昂 以职员身分坐在主人桌 |
[21:44] | Watching at home. My sister threw a party because I got a line in the speech. | 我在家看电视,我妹妹在开派对 因为演讲内容有一句是我写的 |
[21:47] | – Which one? – “We must help those working hardest… | 哪一句? 〝我们必须帮助那些辛苦工作者… |
[21:50] | – …to help themselves. ” – I see your fingerprints on it. | 帮助自己〞 很像你会写的东西 |
[21:53] | Only EITC’s already in trouble. | 只是工作所得税减免额计划 已有问题 |
[21:55] | – The whiplash. House Dems? – They’re defeatist. | 那记闷棍,众议院民主党人? 他们是失败主义者 |
[21:58] | – And Annabeth doesn’t like its name. – She’s not wrong. | 而且安娜贝丝不喜欢它的名称 她并没有错 |
[22:01] | I don’t get excited when I hear EITC. Do you? | 当我听到那名称时 并不感到兴奋,你呢? |
[22:04] | If it had a more memorable name, it’d be easier to fight for? | 如果它有个较容易记的名称 会比较容易抗争? |
[22:07] | I think if we could define it more clearly as a tax cut… | 我认为我们若能把它更清楚的 定义为减税… |
[22:11] | …so a vote against it is seen as raising taxes on the working poor. | 这样投票反对它就会被视为 是对大众贫穷工作者加税 |
[22:19] | I don’t see how you easily oppose it. | 我不懂你如何能轻易的反对它 |
[22:23] | …dropped off my kids at school. | 我把孩子们送到学校 |
[22:25] | Thank God, because I don’t know what to tell them. | 我把孩子们送到学校 感谢上帝 因为我不知道该如何告诉他们 |
[22:28] | – Who’s…? – Contractor’s wife. | 是谁? 那些被挟持工作人员的妻子 |
[22:30] | Tarmacorp said to call my congressman. | 是谁? 那些被挟持工作人员的妻子 塔马公司叫我 打电话给我的国会议员 |
[22:32] | I called him. He said call the State Department. | 我打了电话给他 他说打电话给国务院 |
[22:36] | No one is taking responsibility. | 没人愿意负责 |
[22:39] | Toby. | 托比 |
[22:41] | Yeah. | 托比 来了 |
[22:43] | My husband is an engineer, not a soldier. | 我丈夫是工程师,不是军人 |
[22:56] | – Hi. I need to see the president. – Not in there. | 妳好,我要见总统 他不在 |
[23:01] | – I don’t have anything. – He’s in the residence. | 我没有他的行程 他在官邸 |
[23:03] | – Oh, okay. – Napping. | 好的 午睡 |
[23:07] | Only to be disturbed if there’s an emergency. | 除非有急事才能叫醒他 |
[23:10] | – It wasn’t on my schedule. – Or mine. | 这不在我的安排表上 也不在我的 |
[23:12] | Will you let me know when he comes back down? | 他回来后请通知我好吗? |
[23:15] | My first call. | 我会第一个打给妳 |
[23:26] | Are you gonna teach me proper speedway decorum? | 是妳要教我合宜的赛车场礼节吗? |
[23:28] | How to win friends and influence yokels, ma’am. | 如何要求朋友 来唆使乡巴佬,是的夫人 |
[23:31] | If I made a crack like that, you’d think me a terrible snob. | 如果我说出这种话 妳会认为我是个可怕的势利眼 |
[23:35] | What did you turn down to do Martinsville? | 妳拒绝了什么活动 改去马丁斯维尔赛车场的? |
[23:37] | NIH symposium on molecular structures and bio-imaging. | 国家卫生研究所针对分子结构 及生物造像所开的研讨会 |
[23:41] | Not a lot of NASCAR crossover. | 没有云斯顿赛车有趣 |
[23:44] | Let’s start with the dress code. | 我们先从服装开始 |
[23:46] | Jeans, T-shirt. Oh, and can you borrow the president’s leather flight jacket? | 牛仔裤、T恤 妳能向总统借他的皮夹克吗? |
[23:50] | – You don’t find that inappropriate? – Women will be in bikinis… | 那样不会不合适吗? 女人会穿著比基尼… |
[23:53] | …on lounge chairs in the RV park. Inappropriate’s still a ways off. | 在旅游车公园坐在休闲椅上 这样穿绝对不会不合适 |
[23:57] | I’ve given this a lot of thought, and I know something we can bond over… | 我对这事想了很多 就赛车来说… |
[24:02] | – …where stock cars are concerned. – Yes? | 我想我们会有些共同喜好 是什么? |
[24:04] | – We’re both women. – Okay. | 我们俩都是女人 好的 |
[24:05] | Women are 45 percent of the audience for NASCAR events. | 我们俩都是女人 好的 云斯顿赛车观众 有百分之四十五是女人 |
[24:08] | – More than any major-league sport. – I wonder why. | 比任何运动赛事都要多 不知道为什么 |
[24:11] | Everyone has theories, but I’m gonna tell you plain. | 每个人都有其看法 但我坦白告诉妳 |
[24:14] | It’s the drivers. They’re a bunch of studs. | 是那些赛车手,他们可是种马 |
[24:17] | Well-built hotties running around in tight fire suits. | 那些健壮的火热小子 穿著紧身衣冲来冲去 |
[24:20] | – Hotties? – Hotsy-tot, Hottentot hotties, ma’am. | 火热小子? 火热小子,健壮帅哥,夫人 |
[24:24] | Well, that’s all very well and good, but I don’t… | 听起来很不错,但我不认为… |
[24:27] | – Oh, my. – He’ll be there. | 天啊 他会到场 |
[24:30] | And him. Oh, and this one. | 还有他,以及这位 |
[24:34] | – The one with the eyes. – A favorite. | 眼睛很漂亮 我最喜欢的 |
[24:35] | I would imagine. | 我可以想像 |
[24:42] | You see the contractor’s wife? You’re gonna have to brief. | 你们看到那个被挟持人的妻子了吗? 你需要做简报 |
[24:45] | These guys, absolutely, positively not CIA? | 这些人绝对不是中情局的人? |
[24:49] | Definitely, definitively not. | 绝对,绝对不是 |
[24:51] | – Don’t lean on that, Toby. – Why? | 绝对,绝对不是 别太相信,托比 为什么? |
[24:53] | They’re U.S. mercenaries. Former military. Special Ops, SEALs, Marines. | 他们是美国佣兵、前军人 海豹特战部队、特种部队、海军陆战队 |
[24:56] | It’s “distinction without a difference” land. | 有区别,但并无不同 |
[24:59] | – I don’t see that. – It’s not your job to. | 我不这么认为 这不是妳的职责 |
[25:01] | They weren’t doing what they’re accused of. That’s our statement. | 他们没有做他们被指控的事 那就是我们的声明 |
[25:08] | – Anyone talk to Leo? – He’s watching State of the Unions. | 有人跟里奥谈过吗? 他正在他办公室看国情咨文 |
[25:12] | – Unions? – Old ones. | 国情咨文? 旧的 |
[25:22] | – Yeah? – We said 3:30. | 是的 我们说好了三点半 |
[25:26] | We did? | 是吗? |
[25:31] | So… | 所以… |
[25:35] | – …what’s your day been like? – It’s quiet. | 你今天过的如何? 很宁静 |
[25:38] | – Yours? – Not quiet. | 妳呢? 不太宁静 |
[25:40] | – Bolivia? – Yeah. | 玻利维亚? 是的 |
[25:42] | – Korea, things down in Burundi. – What? | 玻利维亚? 是的 还有韩国、蒲隆地所发生的事 怎么了? |
[25:45] | Just these contractors operate… | 只是那些签约工作人员… |
[25:48] | …under such vague guidelines because that’s how everyone wants it. | 他们在含糊的指导方针下执行工作 因为这就是大家所要的 |
[25:51] | There’s no oversight, no controls, and a whole lot of money. | 没有监督,没有控制 大笔的金钱交易 |
[25:55] | – You know these guys? – Not these, but… | 妳认识这些人? 不是这些人,但是… |
[25:57] | Yeah, I know these guys. And it’s not just that it’s futile, you know. | 是的,我认识这些人 你知道这根本没有用 |
[26:02] | As long as Americans will pay $60 a gram for cocaine… | 只要美国人愿为一克的古柯碱 付60美元… |
[26:05] | …some peasant farmer earning $60 a year is gonna grow it. | 那些一年才赚60美元的乡下农夫 就会去种它 |
[26:09] | But it’s just so geopolitically counterproductive. | 但这实在不良于地缘政治 |
[26:12] | We make villages war zones, destroy land… | 我们把村庄变成了战区,摧毁土地… |
[26:15] | …poison families with herbicides… | 用除草剂毒害家庭 |
[26:17] | …then we’re all surprised when they go vote for the socialist. | 然后当他们投票给社会主义者时 我们又会感到很讶异 |
[26:21] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:23] | It’s a crappy day. | 这是很糟的一天 |
[26:28] | It’s my “annivorcery. “ | 是我的〝离婚周年日〞 |
[26:30] | I don’t… What? | 我不…妳说什么? |
[26:33] | “Annivorce. ” It’s the anniversary of my divorce. | 〝离婚周年日〞 今天是我的离婚周年 |
[26:36] | – I didn’t know you’d been married. – Couple times. | 我不知道妳结过婚 好几次了 |
[26:39] | – Hopeless romantic. – Hopeless anyway. | 无可救药的浪漫主义者 反正是无可救药 |
[26:42] | – You? – Yeah. | 你呢? 是的 |
[26:45] | What did you wanna talk about? | 你想要谈什么? |
[26:47] | Sorry. Ms. Harper, they need you in the Situation Room. | 对不起,哈波小姐 他们要妳前往战情室 |
[26:51] | Maybe later. | 我们待会再谈 |
[26:53] | – Debbie. – That wasn’t very long. | 黛比 你没睡很久 |
[26:56] | – I couldn’t sleep. – Couldn’t or wouldn’t? | 我没睡 是不能睡还是不愿意睡? |
[26:59] | I have three daughters and a wife, two of whom are also doctors. | 我有三个女儿一个妻子 其中有两个是医生 |
[27:02] | If you think I don’t get enough of that sort of comment, you’re not imaginative. | 妳若认为我还听不够 这方面的说教,妳太缺乏想像力了 |
[27:06] | Naps are restorative. Churchill took them. | 午睡有益健康,邱吉尔就睡午觉 |
[27:08] | Churchill also maintained a 24-hour buzz. | 邱吉尔同时也是 一天24小时醉酒 |
[27:11] | These days, people who drink that much are encouraged to attend meetings. | 在这年头,喝那么多酒的人 会被鼓励去参加戒酒会的 |
[27:15] | A person more for veneration than emulation. | 他追求的是尊敬而非竞争 |
[27:17] | I don’t know where all this restorative junk is from. | 我不知道这些有益健康之说 是从何而来 |
[27:20] | Every nap I’ve ever taken leaves me feeling groggy and on edge. | 每次我睡了午觉就会觉得全身无力 感觉很躁 |
[27:23] | I hadn’t noticed. The NSA called. Secretary of state. | 我没注意到 国安局来电,国务卿 |
[27:26] | NSA again, saying talk to her before talking to the secretary of state. | 国安局又来电 请你跟他们谈过后再跟国务卿谈 |
[27:34] | You’re right. | 妳是对的 |
[27:36] | About so much. | 我很多事都是对的 |
[27:38] | To which specific or category of things are you referring? | 我很多事都是对的 你指的是哪件事? |
[27:41] | – The EITC needs a better name. – To brand it. | 工作所得税减免额需要更好名称 赋予它风格 |
[27:44] | – Not just catchier. – No, to help you fight for it. | 不只是要好听容易记 不,要帮助你为它抗争 |
[27:47] | – To make it harder to fight against it. – Deputy Secretary Morrison again. | 让它更难被反对 又是莫里森次长 |
[27:54] | – Workfare’s taken. Work Aid? – Sounds like a handout. | 工作福利已被用了,工作协助? 听起来像是施舍 |
[27:59] | – Employment Incentive. – Oh, no, no. That’s terrible. | 奖励就业 不行,太糟了 |
[28:02] | – Work Tax. – It’s all a work tax. | 工作税 它们都是工作税 |
[28:05] | – Poverty Tax. – That’s closer. | 贫穷税 很接近 |
[28:08] | Poor Tax. It’s simple, direct. | 穷人税,很简单,直接 |
[28:10] | Poor Tax. It’s good. | 穷人税,很好 |
[28:13] | – You want to call her back? – I’ll be right there. | 妳要我说妳会回电吗? 我马上会接 |
[28:15] | Hard to argue in Congress to institute a poor tax. | 订定穷人税 在国会是很难争辩的 |
[28:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:24] | This is Annabeth. | 我是安娜贝丝 |
[28:27] | Hey. | 你好 |
[28:29] | – Hey. – Sorry about this morning. | 你好 你好 今早的事很抱歉 |
[28:31] | Oh, it happens. | 那没什么 |
[28:33] | Heard you were watching old State of the Unions. | 听说你在看旧的国情咨文 |
[28:36] | And inaugurals. | 以及就职演说 |
[28:38] | Something wrong with this year’s speech? | 今年的演说有什么问题吗? |
[28:41] | What do you think? | 你认为如何? |
[28:43] | – I wrote it. – You seemed remarkably uncomfortable… | 是我写的 你似乎很不喜欢… |
[28:46] | …accepting praise, even for you. | 接受赞扬 即使是对你本人的赞扬 |
[28:49] | What are you doing here, Leo? | 你在这里做什么?里奥 |
[28:51] | You’re watching old speeches and reading about the Founding Fathers. | 你在看旧演说 读开国元勋的东西 |
[28:55] | You don’t have time to sit around like Buddha, parsing out wisdom. | 你不能像佛祖一样坐在那里 分送幸运饼干 |
[28:58] | We’re getting buried alive here. Get up and grab a shovel. | 我们快要被活埋了 快起身拿把铲子 |
[29:03] | “While the assault-weapons ban may have ended… | 〝攻击性武器禁令也许会解除… |
[29:05] | …the debate has not, and I will fight this Congress… | 但争议尚未结束 我将会和国会抗争… |
[29:09] | – …as long as the senseless, needless… ” – “Needless violence continues. “ | 只要没意义的,没必要的…〞 〝没必要的暴力还是持续〞 |
[29:13] | Second inaugural. | 第二次就职演说 |
[29:15] | “The promise of stem-cell research has been delayed by congressional ban. | 第二次就职演说 〝干细胞研究的承诺 已因国会禁令而耽搁… |
[29:20] | Imagine a child paralyzed by a spinal-cord injury… “ | 想像一个因脊椎受伤 而瘫痪的孩子…〞 |
[29:23] | “Watching, waiting, knowing that politics is the obstacle to a cure. “ | 〝看著,等著 了解到政治是其治疗的阻碍〞 |
[29:26] | Third State of the Union. I know what we said. | 第三次国情咨文 我知道我们说了什么 |
[29:29] | We all know what we said. | 我们都知道我们说了什么 |
[29:31] | Last night’s State of the Union, you pulled your punches. | 我们都知道我们说了什么 昨晚的国情咨文,你作了出击 |
[29:37] | – It was well received. – It’s easy to applaud for something… | 反应不错 为一件事鼓掌喝采是很容易的… |
[29:40] | …that no one’s gonna make you stand up and pass. | 只要没人要你挺身而出 |
[29:44] | “By any measure, we’re losing the war on drugs. | 〝无论以什么来衡量 对抗毒品的战争我们失败了… |
[29:48] | – Demand is exactly the same. ” – “Supply is the same… | 需求仍旧相同〞 〝供应也相同… |
[29:50] | …but prices have gone down. “ | 但价钱已下降〞 |
[29:52] | “It’s time for a new approach to this nation’s dependence on drugs. “ | 〝该是运用新方法来解决 这国家毒品问题的时候〞 |
[29:59] | That was in a rough draft of last night’s speech. | 这原在昨晚演说的初稿内 |
[30:02] | – I cut it. – Who told you to? | 我删减了 谁要你删减的? |
[30:04] | Nobody. Nobody had to. You’ve had a heart attack, and he can’t stand up. | 我删减了 谁要你删减的? 没有人,没有人需要 你心脏病发,而他无法站起来 |
[30:09] | Day after every other State of the Union… | 每次国情咨文之后… |
[30:11] | …the president launches a road show to stump for what was in it. | 总统就会展开一个月的马路秀 去游说里面的内容 |
[30:17] | This year, I get “Bingo” Bob and a week. | 今年,我只有〝宾果〞波比 跟一个星期的时间 |
[30:30] | Ten-hut. | 起立 |
[30:33] | – Let’s see it. – My name is Jonathan Creasy. | 我们来看看 我叫强纳森葛斯 |
[30:36] | I’m a private American citizen working for Tarmacorp… | 我是为塔马公司工作的美国平民 |
[30:39] | …under contract for the U.S. government. | 跟美国政府签定了合约 |
[30:42] | I’m being held with seven Americans. | 我和七名美国人被关在一起 |
[30:46] | We will be released subject to completion… | 我们能被释放的条件是… |
[30:50] | …of a fair and free election of the Bolivian presidential contest. | 玻利维亚总统大选 能够自由公平的进行 |
[30:55] | “Fair and free” translating to a Zalaya victory. | 所谓的〝自由公平〞 是指让沙拉亚获胜 |
[30:58] | A private citizen under contract with the U.S. government. | 一个和美国政府签定合约的平民 |
[31:02] | Cognitive dissonance, anyone? | 有没有人认为是 认知有误? |
[31:06] | – Where are we on this? – A P-3 off the Misawa. | 我们现在进展到哪里? P-3反潜机在米萨瓦 |
[31:09] | PACOM is coordinating the search. | 美军太平洋司令部正在协调搜索 |
[31:11] | – Anything? – No. | 有发现吗? 没有 |
[31:13] | It’s a jungle out there. | 有发现吗? 没有 那里是丛林 |
[31:15] | – And the Bolivian government? – Rock and a hard place. | 玻利维亚政府呢? 很为难 |
[31:18] | They wanna help, but are terrified of looking like they were helping. | 他们想要帮忙美国好友 但害怕被人知道他们在帮忙 |
[31:23] | They don’t wanna be here in two weeks’ time seeking asylum. | 他们不想在两周后 必须来此寻求政治庇护 |
[31:26] | If we find them, who mounts a rescue? Tarmacorp? Us? | 若我们找到他们,由谁发动救援? 是塔马公司还是我们? |
[31:29] | – Not us. – Tarmacorp’s flying Vietnam-era Hueys. | 不是我们 塔马公司使用越战时代的直升机 |
[31:32] | They go down, we have more contractors to rescue. | 若他们失败了 我们得去救更多的工作者 |
[31:35] | – They’re not U.S. troops. – Because we pay through a middleman? | 他们不是美国军队 因为我们透过中间人付钱? |
[31:37] | – Nobody forced them to go. – Explain that to their widows. | 没人逼他们去 你去跟他们的遗孀解释 |
[31:41] | – When’s the election? – Ten days. | 什么时候大选? 十天后 |
[31:43] | Do we believe that Zalaya will release them? | 我们相信沙拉亚会释放他们吗? |
[31:47] | – If he wins. – And if he doesn’t? | 如果他赢的话 如果他没赢呢? |
[31:51] | – Will we find them? – The jungle. They know hiding places. | 我们会找到他们吗? 那丛林,他们知道隐藏处 |
[31:54] | – We’ll need a tip. – These are tough guys. | 我们需要有人提供消息 这些人都很强悍 |
[31:56] | – They can hold out. – You saw the video. | 他们能撑得住 妳看了那录影带 |
[31:58] | When you’re being held, 10 days is a long time. | 当你被监禁时 十天是很长的时间 |
[32:01] | – Have you ever been held? – I’ve held other people. | 妳被关过吗? 我关过别人 |
[32:04] | Twenty-four hours is a long time. | 24小时都很难熬 |
[32:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:25] | – Oh, is it 6:00 already? – I can come back. | 六点钟了吗? 我可以待会儿再来 |
[32:27] | No, no. Come in, come in. | 不…请进… |
[32:30] | – How you doing? – Oh, you know. | 你好吗? 你知道的 |
[32:32] | Have to head back to New Hampshire tomorrow. | 明天下午得回新罕布夏州 |
[32:35] | We’re up 10 points in the polls. | 我们在民调上升了十个百分点 |
[32:38] | Getting tired of people treating me like I sold my soul to the devil. | 我很厌倦大家认为 我出卖灵魂给魔鬼 |
[32:42] | – Think you have? – No, the VP’s not the devil. | 你有吗? 没有,副总统并不是魔鬼 |
[32:44] | And I don’t think I’ve sold my soul. | 而且我不认为我出卖灵魂 |
[32:47] | – I may have rented it out a bit. – Why do you say that? | 我也许有把它出租出去 你为什么这样说? |
[32:50] | I was mostly joking. I don’t think he’s the devil. | 我不知道,我在开玩笑 我不认为他是魔鬼 |
[32:54] | – I don’t know what I think of him, really. – Catalog his qualities. | 我不知道我认为他是什么 说一下他的特质 |
[32:58] | The negative ones, everyone knows… | 不好的,大家都知道… |
[33:00] | …and never ceases delighting in reminding me about. | 不好的,大家都知道… 而且他们以提醒我为乐 |
[33:03] | His other qualities? | 其它特质呢? |
[33:05] | He’s plain-spoken. He’s clear and direct. | 其它特质呢? 他说话坦白、清楚直接 |
[33:09] | Doesn’t have a multitrack mind like the president… | 不像总统那样有多方面思路… |
[33:12] | …but that’s not always a bad thing. | 但这并不一定不好 |
[33:15] | The truth is, and I’m not sure I ever even realized this before now… | 事实上,我不确定我过去 是否了解… |
[33:20] | …I’ve spent the last year and a half looking for what you saw in him. | 我花了一年半时间 找寻你在他身上所看到的 |
[33:24] | You and the president. | 你以及总统 |
[33:26] | When you gave him this job. You picked Russell. | 当你给他这工作 你们选了罗素 |
[33:30] | Him. To serve as VP to a president with a serious health condition. | 选他去做一个 有严重健康问题的总统的副手 |
[33:34] | You were aware you were picking a potential successor. | 你该知道 你是选了一个潜在继任者 |
[33:37] | On some level, I’ve just trusted that… | 在某种程度上来说 我相信… |
[33:39] | …and assumed I’d eventually discover what you knew then. | 并假定我终将发现 你们那时候就知道的事 |
[33:43] | – Have you? – Tell me what it was. | 你发现了吗? 告诉我是什么 |
[33:45] | We’ll compare notes. | 我们来比较一下 |
[33:48] | I know. Doesn’t work like that. He’s my guy. I have to figure him out on my own. | 我知道,不该是这样 他是我的老板,我该自己了解 |
[33:53] | Sorry to interrupt, but you’ve gotta see the first lady. | 抱歉打断你们 但你得去看第一夫人 |
[33:58] | Let’s see it. | 我们来看看 |
[34:01] | Made her way up victory lane to congratulate McMurray… | 一路冲向颁奖台 去恭喜麦克雷… |
[34:04] | …who was ecstatic after dominating here at Martinsville Speedway. | 他在获胜之后非常高兴 |
[34:08] | Not sure if she’s ready to join the Pickford just yet. | 我不确定她是否已准备好 |
[34:12] | There’s the kiss. The ceremonial victory kiss. Caught her a bit by surprise there. | 吻来了,这是礼节上的胜利之吻 有点让她吓了一跳 |
[34:17] | Such a good sport. To take one like that for the flyover states. | 很棒的运动 中西部州的人擅长的 |
[34:21] | – Did you brief her about the kiss? – They loved it. | 妳事先有跟她提到亲吻部分吗? 他们很喜欢 |
[34:23] | The first lady for both of you. | 第一夫人要见你们两位 |
[34:25] | Who gets pissed about kissing a NASCAR driver? | 第一夫人要见你们两位 谁会因为亲吻云斯顿赛车手 而生气? |
[34:29] | Another hour of my life gone. | 我的生命又失去了一小时 |
[34:32] | Of course we want to avert a disaster in South Dakota… | 我们当然想要避免 南达科塔州的灾难… |
[34:35] | …but I can’t take this to the president just yet. | 但我现在还不能去找总统谈 |
[34:39] | No. | 不 |
[34:41] | Thank you, governor. | 谢谢你,州长 |
[34:44] | Trouble in South Dakota? | 南达科塔州有问题? |
[34:48] | In about a thousand years, Mount Rushmore’s on the move. | 在一千年后 罗斯摩尔山将会搬家 |
[34:51] | – How far has it gone so far? – About an inch. | 它现在移动了多少? 大约一英吋 |
[34:57] | – I hope you don’t mind. – It looks great. | 我希望你不会介意 看起来很不错 |
[35:02] | Nobody ever put fresh-cut flowers on my desk… | 没人想过在我办公桌上 放些刚摘下的鲜花… |
[35:04] | …despite 18 acres of gardens outside. | 尽管外面有个18英亩大的花园 |
[35:08] | – Majority leader. – You should take that. | 多数党领袖 妳应该要接这电话 |
[35:11] | I’ll call him back. | 我再回电给他 |
[35:17] | I could’ve used you in the Sit Room. | 我今天在战情室时非常需要你 |
[35:19] | – You had it under control. – Didn’t feel like it. | 妳把一切掌控的很好 我不觉得 |
[35:22] | Never does. | 总是会这样的 |
[35:27] | – You’re doing great. – The president’s in the residence. | 妳表现很好 总统在官邸 |
[35:31] | – Does he want me…? – No, sorry. That’s for me. | 他要我…? 不,对不起,是要找我 |
[35:34] | Let him know I’m coming right up. | 请告诉他我马上过来 |
[35:36] | We’re having dinner. Should’ve run that by the chief of staff. | 我们要一起吃晚饭 我应该先询问参谋长 |
[35:39] | Chief of staff has enough on her plate. | 参谋长已有够多的问题 |
[35:42] | I’m sorry we didn’t get to talk today. We’ll find time tomorrow. | 我很遗憾我们今天没时间谈 我们明天找个时间 |
[35:45] | Sure. | 好的 |
[35:54] | It was easier for me. | 对我来说那些年比较轻松 |
[35:56] | You as my press secretary. Sam, Josh, Toby. | 妳是我的新闻秘书 山姆、乔西、托比 |
[36:00] | – Toby? – Toby’s always been Toby. | 托比? 托比就一直是托比 |
[36:02] | It took me a year to figure out what I was doing… | 我花了一年时间 才了解我要做什么… |
[36:05] | – …and those were the easy years. – We had easy years? | 而那是轻松的年头 我们有轻松年头? |
[36:10] | Easier than this. | 比现在要轻松多了 |
[36:15] | Margaret? What’s next? | 玛格丽特?接下来是什么? |
[36:25] | How’s yours? | 你的食物如何? |
[36:29] | This heart-healthy stuff, I have to remind myself it’s good for me. | 这种有益心脏的东西 我必须不断提醒自己这对我有好处 |
[36:32] | At least it resembles actual food. Abbey’s got me on this macrobiotic diet. | 至少它还像真正的食物 艾碧要我遵照长寿饮食法 |
[36:37] | That does look a little grim. | 看起来是有点恐怖 |
[36:39] | – What I wouldn’t give for a burger. – Or cream sauce. | 我愿拿任何东西换一个汉堡 或是奶油酱 |
[36:42] | I’d like to have a light cream sauce… | 我喜欢偶而能吃点淡奶油酱… |
[36:45] | …without everyone reacting like it’s a suicide attempt. | 而大家不会认为我是要自杀 |
[36:49] | So tonight Abbey’s out of town. | 今晚艾碧出城去了 |
[36:52] | We can turn the residence into a fort and swordfight… | 我们可以把官邸变成要塞 用空的纸巾卷 |
[36:55] | …with empty paper-towel rolls. | 大战一场 |
[37:03] | So you feel pretty good about last night’s State of the Union? | 你喜欢昨晚的国情咨文吗? |
[37:06] | According to at least six op-eds, I set an ambitious national agenda. | 由于至少占了六个专栏版面 我已排出雄心勃勃的全国行程 |
[37:10] | Is that what you think? | 你是这么想的吗? |
[37:14] | You have a chance to figure out what you’d like to do around here? | 你想好你要在这里 做些什么了吗? |
[37:18] | – Have you? – Don’t do this, Leo. | 你呢? 别这样,里奥 |
[37:20] | Not the day after the speech. | 别在我演讲后的第一天 |
[37:22] | Everyone’s walking around here like we’re finished. We got 365 more days. | 别在我演讲后的第一天 每个人的态度都像是我们结束了 事实上我们还有365天 |
[37:27] | It’s year eight, it’s a Republican Congress, and I’m losing staff. | 这是第八年,这是共和党的国会 大家都在离我远去 |
[37:30] | Four years ago, we announced a commission on entitlements. | 四年前你宣布要成立权益委员会 |
[37:33] | Why wasn’t it mentioned? Two years ago… | 为什么这个没提到? 两年前… |
[37:35] | …you announced a commitment to stem-cell research. | 你宣布了对干细胞研究的承诺 |
[37:38] | The legislation died in Congress. Leo, you held the wake. | 那法律在国会胎死腹中,里奥 你已悼念过了 |
[37:41] | – And the drug-treatment policy? – We had to narrow our focus. | 还有毒品处理政策呢? 我们必须缩小我们的焦点 |
[37:44] | Now’s the time to widen, not narrow focus. | 现在该是扩大 而非缩小的时候 |
[37:48] | – Why save your political capital? – I have a responsibility to the party. | 为什么要储存你的政治资本? 我对党有责任 |
[37:51] | You have a responsibility to the country, sir. | 你是对这国家有责任 |
[37:57] | The American people sent you here for two terms. | 美国人民让你做了两届总统 |
[38:03] | Eight years. | 八年的时间 |
[38:06] | So the last one’s gonna be harder. | 所以最后一年将会较为艰难 |
[38:09] | I’ve never known you to shy away from a fight. | 我从不知道你竟然会害怕奋战 |
[38:13] | And I’ve never had to make a speech… | 过去我演讲的时间… |
[38:15] | …based on the maximum amount of time I could stand up. | 不必以我能站多久来决定 |
[38:36] | Those excuses I kept hearing all day… | 我一直听到很多借口 |
[38:41] | …nobody mentioned MS. | 但没人提到你的多发性硬化症 |
[38:44] | Two hundred seventy-two words. That’s all Lincoln said at Gettysburg. | 272个字 林肯在盖兹堡只说了这么多 |
[38:49] | It took four minutes… | 花了四分钟的时间 |
[38:52] | …and set the tone for the next century. | 为下个世纪订定了基调 |
[38:56] | You wanted to talk about what I could do here. | 你想谈谈我在这里能做什么 |
[39:00] | It’s this. | 就是这个 |
[39:04] | Said the man with the double bypass. | 做了两次心脏绕道手术的人 还敢说 |
[39:15] | For both of us, sir, this is our last game. | 为了我们俩,这是我们的最后一役 |
[39:19] | Let’s leave it all out on the field. | 我们要全力一战 (晚上9时57分) |
[39:37] | – You know why we got called in? – No idea. | 你知道我们为什么被找来吗? 不知道 |
[39:40] | Well, I almost got to eat dinner. | 我差点就可以吃晚餐了 |
[39:42] | You wanna hear something depressing? This disrupts my evening not one bit. | 你们想听一件令人沮丧的事吗? 这件事对我完全没有影响 |
[39:46] | Ten o’clock. I had a date. | 十点钟,我有个约会 |
[39:49] | – You had a date tonight? – I always have a date. | 妳今晚有约会? 我总是有约会 |
[39:53] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[39:56] | Sorry about the hour. | 抱歉这么晚找你们来 |
[40:00] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事? |
[40:02] | The president should be down in a minute. | 总统马上会下来 |
[40:10] | – Everybody here? – Yes, sir. | 大家都到了吗? 是的 |
[40:13] | Follow me. | 请跟我来 |
[40:18] | – What’s this all about? – Stock market crash in Guyana, perhaps. | 这是怎么回事? 可能是盖亚那的股市崩盘 |
[40:21] | And me with all my money in sapodilla futures. | 而我把我所有钱都投资在 赤铁科长青树果实的未来 |
[40:41] | – Hey. – Hi, Leo. | 你好 你好,里奥 |
[40:44] | – Welcome. – Thank you all for coming back in… | 欢迎 谢谢你们在这么晚… |
[40:47] | …on a school night. I had dinner with an old friend tonight. | 能再回来 今晚我和一个老友共进晚餐 |
[40:51] | I thought everyone should hear what he had to say. | 我想大家都该听听他要说什么 |
[40:54] | I wanna read you something. | 我要念一段东西给你们听 |
[40:59] | “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. | 〝战斗愈激烈,胜利愈荣耀… |
[41:03] | What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly. | 愈容易得到的东西 我们愈不珍惜… |
[41:06] | ‘Tis dearness only that gives everything its value. “ | 只有珍贵才能赋予它价值〞 |
[41:10] | – You? – Thomas Paine. | 你说的? 汤姆佩恩说的 |
[41:12] | He said “’tis. ” Might’ve been a clue. | 他说〝只有〞 ,可能是个线索 |
[41:16] | Busy day around here today. What’d you spend it on? | 今天是忙碌的一天 妳把今天花在什么上面? |
[41:19] | – Bolivia. – Well, no. | 玻利维亚 不 |
[41:21] | You spent it on a situation in Bolivia, a crisis. | 玻利维亚 不 妳是把时间花在 玻利维亚的状况上,是一个危机 |
[41:25] | I understand that gravitational pull. | 我了解那压力 |
[41:28] | North Korea pokes a hole in the fence, it gets your attention. | 北韩在边界上戳了个洞 引起了你们的注意 |
[41:31] | As do whiny Cabinet members, floods and new employment figures. | 还有那些牢骚满腹的阁员,洪水 以及新的就业数字 |
[41:36] | Pretty soon, it’s the whole day. | 很快的,一天时间就过去了 |
[41:38] | Problem is, we’re running out of them. | 问题是,我们快把时间用完了 (364天) |
[41:50] | That’s how much time we have left. | 这是我们所剩下的时间 |
[41:53] | We have the ability to affect more change in a day at the White House… | 我们在白宫一天内所能造成的影响 |
[41:58] | …than we’ll have in a lifetime once we walk out these doors. | 比我们离开白宫后的一辈子要多 |
[42:03] | What do you wanna do with them? | 你们要如何运用? |
[42:15] | We should finally get serious about health care… | 我们应该认真讨论健保… |
[42:19] | …whether it calls attention to the president’s MS or not. | 无论它是否会引起大家注意 总统的多发性硬化症 |
[42:26] | New approach to Latin America. | 对拉丁美洲采取新的态度 |
[42:31] | A real commitment to drug treatment. | 对毒品处理作出真正的承诺 |
[42:34] | – What else? – The VP and I want to talk about race. | 还有呢? 我和副总统要谈种族问题 |
[42:37] | – He’s right. – I’ve got ideas about the working poor. | 他是对的 我对贫苦的工作大众有些想法 |
[42:40] | – We both do. – That’s repackaging the EITC. | 我也是 就是重新包装工作所得税减免额 |
[42:43] | – Poor Tax. – Catchy. | 穷人税 好听易记 |
[42:44] | – Comprehensive plan. – Includes training, urban development. | 穷人税 好听易记 综合学校计划 包括了训练、城市发展 |
[42:47] | – Weapons ban. – Affordable housing. | 武器禁令 提供廉价的房屋 |
[42:49] | H.R. 190’s gonna shift the debate back to segregation. | 武器禁令 提供廉价的房屋 H.R.190将会把争议 转回种族隔离方面 |
[42:52] | – Ain’t that what you wanted? – A resurgence in civil rights activism… | 那不就是你要的吗? 民权行动主义再现 |
[42:56] | …couldn’t hurt anyone. | 伤害不了任何人 |