时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | 是我的〝离婚周年日〞 我不…妳说什么? |
[00:07] | – It’s my “annivorcery. ” – I don’t… What? | 是我的〝离婚周年日〞 我不…妳说什么? |
[00:09] | The anniversary of my divorce. | 今天是我的离婚周年 我不知道妳结过婚 好几次了 |
[00:11] | – I didn’t know you’d been married. – Couple times. | 我不知道妳结过婚 好几次了 |
[00:13] | Leo’s gone. Josh has a foot out the door. | 里奥离开了 乔西也考虑走人 |
[00:15] | It’s you and I, we gonna have to run this thing. | 现在就剩下妳和我 我们得全权负责 |
[00:18] | We’re not getting coverage of Politics and Eggs… | 情况不妙,政治与鸡蛋论坛 〝强硬对付巴基斯坦〞等言论 |
[00:20] | – …of “get tough on Pakistan”… – Press loves an underdog. | 完全没有报章报导 媒体喜欢同情弱者 |
[00:23] | – It’s sketch comedy. – It’s fun. It’s feisty. | 这是一场闹剧 很好笑,又逗趣 |
[00:26] | – It’ll get us on the news. – It’s cheap. | 我们会成为媒体焦点 太低俗了 |
[00:28] | You can’t skip out with the president lying flat on his back. | 总统患病在身,你不能就此走人 |
[00:31] | Seven years, you’re gonna leave us with a get-well card? | 七年了,你就这样突然抽身? |
[00:34] | Gotta think about the ninth year. | 你得考虑到未来的路 剧名:干旱的心灵 |
[00:59] | Eleven-three. | |
[01:02] | – What can I get you? – A glass of red. Whatever’s open. | 需要点什么? 一杯红酒,牌子随便就好 |
[01:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:23] | We have to stop meeting like this. People will talk. | 我们得停止私下会面 人们会说闲话 |
[01:28] | I’d offer to make an honest woman of you, but you’d tire of me. | 我很想娶妳为妻 可是妳会对我厌烦 |
[01:33] | And then I’d be left with nothing but my knitting. | 然后就只剩下编织的衣服陪我 |
[01:36] | – You knit? – I don’t. | 你会织东西? 不会 |
[01:40] | So I’d be left with nothing at all. | 所以我会一无所有 |
[01:46] | What happened to your face? | 你的脸怎么了? |
[01:55] | Boston Globe. | 波士顿环球报 |
[02:00] | Fourth paragraph. | 第四段 〝副总统罗素持续… 抱歉,是第三段 |
[02:02] | – “Vice President Robert Russell clings… ” – Oh, sorry. Third paragraph. | 〝副总统罗素持续… 抱歉,是第三段 |
[02:05] | “Congressman Matthew Santos emerged from the pack… | 〝众议员麦修山多斯后来居上 |
[02:08] | …with a healthy 19 percent of the New Hampshire primary votes. | 在新罕布夏州初选 得到百分之19的支持率 |
[02:12] | Even more impressive than his unexpected vault into third place… | 比起他的支持率跃升第三名 |
[02:17] | …was his considered candor he brought to the stage in last week’s debate. “ | 上礼拜辩论会所展现的真诚 更令人激赏〞 |
[02:21] | The Post called it “shrewd certitude. ” They love you. | 邮报称之为〝精明取信之举〞 他们爱你 |
[02:24] | – Today. – Ignore him. | 只有今天 别理他 有11家主流报纸赞扬我们 |
[02:25] | We got 11 major newspapers tooting our horn. | 有11家主流报纸赞扬我们 |
[02:27] | You gotta open your arms, feel the love. | 张开双手,接受这份爱 |
[02:29] | I feel it. I feel very warm. | 感受到了,很温暖 戴夫潘柏顿报导劳夫提的事 让他很不爽 |
[02:31] | He’s pissed Dave Pemberton wrote about Rafferty. | 戴夫潘柏顿报导劳夫提的事 让他很不爽 |
[02:34] | As did Chris Latham. Latham and Pemberton are opinion-makers. | 克里斯雷森也是 雷森和潘柏顿是意见制造者 |
[02:37] | Allison Wexler. Opinion-maker. | 爱利森魏斯勒也是意见制造者 她倒是很热衷 〝选山多斯当总统〞这点子 |
[02:39] | She’s enthusiastic about the “Santos for president” idea. | 她倒是很热衷 〝选山多斯当总统〞这点子 |
[02:42] | She’s good, but she… | 她不错,可是… |
[02:44] | Latham and Pemberton both wrote about Senator Rafferty’s speech. | 雷森和潘柏顿都报导 劳夫提参议员的演讲内容 |
[02:47] | They write about it now, everyone who can spell is writing about it next week. | 他们一写,任何有常识的人 下礼拜也会报导 |
[02:51] | Rafferty got into the race five minutes ago. | 劳夫提刚刚正式加入战局 |
[02:54] | New Hampshire was a coup for us. | 新罕布夏州这一仗我们打得漂亮 你白手起家的故事 他们该报导才对 |
[02:56] | You’re the Cinderella story. They should write about you. | 你白手起家的故事 他们该报导才对 |
[03:00] | There’s only room for one scrappy insurgency. We’re it. | 只有一人能扮演推翻体制的角色 就是我们 |
[03:05] | – You’re not gonna kiss me, are you? – See you at the airport. | 你不会要亲我吧? 机场见 |
[03:08] | Find me a copy of the damn Rafferty speech. | 劳夫提该死的演讲稿 拿一份给我 主演:施塔科钱宁 主演:杜希尔 主演:艾莉森詹尼 主演:约书亚马尼纳 主演:玛丽马科麦克 主演:珍妮尔摩隆奈 主演:里察薛福 主演:约翰史宾塞 主演:布雷迪威佛德 主演:吉米史密兹 主演:马丁辛 |
[04:06] | Hey there. I didn’t know you were back today. | 你好,我不知道你今天会回来 |
[04:09] | – Yeah, I’m back. – How you doing? | 对,我回来了 你好吗? |
[04:10] | Did Brower send us something on Head Start? | 布尔有送启蒙计划的资料过来吗?? |
[04:13] | – No. – I mean, Wallace, not Brower. | 没有 我是说华利斯,不是布尔 |
[04:15] | – I spoke to him about it. – You want me to call somebody? | 我跟他说过了 你要我去联络吗? |
[04:19] | No, I’ll do it. | 不,我自己来 |
[04:20] | You know, I’m joining you today in the Oval. | 我今天要跟你去… 椭圆形办公室 |
[04:23] | Margaret, I need a copy of the Western Water Program. | 玛格丽特,我要一份 西河流计划的资料 |
[04:30] | – And I had a blue binder marked EPA… – Oh, God! | 和蓝色活页夹,上面有环保局… 天啊 |
[04:34] | Oh, God! | 老天啊 |
[04:39] | – How about this one? – Penne with red sauce. | 这件如何? 上面有酱汁 |
[04:42] | – This? – Vodka with cranberry. | 这件? 伏特加和小红莓 |
[04:45] | You should tell me when you’re out so I can go to the dry cleaners. | 妳出门时该告诉我 我就能拿去干洗 |
[04:48] | – You’re my assistant, not my wife. – It’ll be less noticeable when it’s dry. | 妳是我的助理,不是老婆 干掉比较看不到 |
[04:54] | Hug the binder. | 用活页夹遮住吧 |
[04:58] | Interior released a draft of the Western Water Program with your revisions. | 内政部发布一份您审查过的 西河流计划草案 |
[05:01] | We’re going wide early. Hopefully we get support before it hits Congress. | 我们打算提早进行 希望送进国会前能得到支持 |
[05:05] | – They up the numbers? – Forty million’s the best we can do. | 要提高预算? 四千万是极限 |
[05:08] | I may need a hand on this. If anybody has any comments… | 我也许需要帮忙 如果各位有任何意见 |
[05:11] | …on the Energy Trust Fund Summary, today’s it. | 对能源信托金有异议的话 请今天提出 |
[05:14] | – I thought it went to the floor. – Almost. Josh was handling it. | 我以为已经被遗弃了 差一点,是乔西办的 |
[05:17] | – We lost momentum when he left. – Chronic problem, that. | 他离开后失去很多冲劲 这是长期性问题 |
[05:20] | Did Josh drop it, or did he give it to somebody, or…? | 是乔西停办的 还是他有交给其他人…? |
[05:25] | God. | 天啊 |
[05:27] | – Nothing. Hi. Hi. – Is this a good time? | 没事,大家好… 现在方便吗? |
[05:29] | Yes. Annabeth’s here to discuss the DNC gala tonight. | 安娜贝丝来解说今晚的 民主党全国委员会餐会 |
[05:33] | – Delighted to have you. – Thank you. | 很高兴妳加入我们 谢谢 |
[05:35] | Every Democratic contender will be in town for this event… | 所有民主党参选人都会来参加 制片:艾莉亚提 |
[05:38] | …including all their staffers. They all want a piece of you. | 包括他们的幕僚 他们都会来纠缠你 |
[05:41] | If I see one coming, duck under a table? | 制片:安德鲁史登 克里斯汀哈姆斯 看到他们要躲到桌底下吗? |
[05:43] | Over the top, but we’re in the right area. | 这样太明显,不过意思差不多 |
[05:45] | I’m not avoiding my former deputy chief of staff. | 我不会躲我的前任副总干事 |
[05:48] | He’s gonna ask for a favor. You’ll say no and then feel bad. | 可是他会请你帮忙 拒绝他会让你过意不去 |
[05:51] | No favor, just small talk. Could you give me that, C.J.? | 不帮忙,只寒喧 帮我拿那个好吗?茜洁 |
[05:54] | Every sitting president goes through this. It’s a time-honored annoyance. | 历届总统都要经历 这种长期疲劳轰炸 |
[05:58] | – Let’s navigate through it gracefully. – Thank you, all. Toby? | 我们协调得体一点 感谢各位,托比来一下 |
[06:02] | Yes, sir. | 是的,长官 |
[06:06] | I believe this is yours. | 这应该是妳的 |
[06:08] | – You doing okay? – Yes, sir. Thank you. | 你还好吗? 是的,长官,谢谢 |
[06:11] | My sister-in-law was very moved by the letter. | 我嫂子对你的信为之动容 |
[06:14] | – She appreciated it. – Take as much time as you need. | 她很感谢你 你要休息多久都没问题 |
[06:17] | I prefer to be back at work. Thank you, sir. | 制片:麦可希斯瑞区 我想回来工作,谢谢你,长官 |
[06:20] | You’re not going to tell me what happened? | 你不打算告诉我怎么回事? 编剧:黛柏拉康 |
[06:23] | I cut myself shaving. | 刮胡子时割到 |
[06:25] | With a machete. | 用开山刀刮? |
[06:27] | Very few people guess that, but it is in fact the case. | 很少人猜到,不过就是这样 导演:亚力克葛拉夫斯 |
[06:35] | You should get a Band-Aid. Some ointment. | 你应该贴上OK绷,或擦药膏 |
[06:38] | I’ll look into that. | 我会去办 |
[06:42] | Never call a woman and say, “We have to talk. “ | 千万不要对女人说 〝我们该谈谈〞 |
[06:45] | – It’s not nice. – Duly noted. | 这样很不礼貌 我会铭记在心 |
[06:48] | – You don’t smoke, do you? – Me? No. | 你不抽烟对吧? 我?我不抽 |
[06:52] | – Occasional cigar, not cigarettes. – Yeah. Me neither. | 偶尔抽雪茄,不抽烟 我也是 |
[06:57] | They sell cigarettes here? | 这里有卖烟吗? |
[06:59] | – The lack of Josh is becoming a problem. – Thinking about a replacement? | 少了乔西已成了大问题 要找接班人吗? |
[07:03] | I’ve been working assuming he’d return. I never thought Santos would hang on. | 我一直以为他会回来 没想到山多斯依然健在 |
[07:07] | Nineteen percent in New Hampshire. Maybe he’s a contender? | 新罕布夏州百分之19的支持率 也许他能出头 |
[07:10] | – The Water Program. – Yes. | 河流计划 好 |
[07:11] | Trying to sort out a three-way war with cities, farmers and environmentalists… | 想办法和市政府解决纷争 农民、环保人士 |
[07:15] | – …who want all of the Colorado River. – There’s less than everybody thought. | 不肯交出科罗拉多河 这可想而知 |
[07:20] | We’ve got lobbyists from each group coming today. | 每个团体的陈情人今天会来 |
[07:22] | – What time? – Ten is the first. | 几点? 十点第一个会来 |
[07:24] | – Urban-development lobby. – Who is it? | 都市计划陈情团 是谁会来? |
[07:26] | – Cliff Calley. – No wonder you want flank support. | 克里夫科利 难怪妳需要支援 |
[07:28] | Try not to worry about the DNC thing tonight. | 不要担心今晚的全国委员餐会 |
[07:31] | Russell will get nominated, the president will endorse him. | 罗素会被提名,总统会替他背书 |
[07:34] | A photo at the gala isn’t gonna tip the balance. | 餐会上的一张照片不会影响结果 |
[07:36] | President’s not plugging someone else? | 总统没有要支持其他人吧? |
[07:38] | – He really isn’t. – Greg Brock thinks he is. | 真的没有 葛雷布洛克认为有 |
[07:40] | He came in, and he didn’t sound like a man with a hunch. | 他今早过来时说得自信满满 |
[07:43] | Give him a call. Tell him the principal wants to see him. | 打电话给他 跟他说老大要找他 |
[07:46] | – Diplomatic mission to Mali. – Bali? | 马利出使团 峇厘? |
[07:48] | – Mali with an M. – Not Bali with a high? | 是马开头的马利 不是天堂峇厘岛? |
[07:50] | Thought you had a cold. Margaret, cancel my lunch. | 我以为妳生病了 玛格丽特,取消我的午餐 |
[07:53] | – What happened to your boob? – Really? | 妳的胸部怎么了? 这么明显? |
[07:56] | Chairman of Foreign Ops is holding a planning session for the Mali trip. | 外交主席要筹备马利之行 |
[07:59] | It’d be great to have somebody from your end. | 希望妳这边有人出面 |
[08:02] | – Oh, sorry. – No. Come in. | 抱歉 没关系,进来 |
[08:03] | – Help her organize Mali. – Up on the Hill. | 帮她筹备马利之行 在国会山庄 |
[08:05] | Toby give you his changes on the FOP remarks? | 托比给妳产业工会评论了吗? |
[08:08] | – No. You don’t have them? | – No. 没有,不在你那儿吗? 没有 |
[08:09] | Ask him again. Make sure he knows it’s this week. | 再去问他 确保他知道这礼拜要交 |
[08:12] | State and Foreign Ops has been working with USAID on what they call… | 美国和国际开发署 一直在研究所谓的 |
[08:16] | … “high impact health services” for Mali. This trip’s a kickoff. | 马利〝强力健康计划〞 这趟只是个开始 |
[08:19] | – They’re focusing on HIV? – That and child immunization. | 要打击爱滋病? 还有孩童接种疫苗 |
[08:22] | Look at it. Let me know if you have questions. | 看一下,有问题来找我 |
[08:24] | You have any interest in being fixed up? | 帮妳介绍对象有兴趣吗? |
[08:26] | Not the kind of question I was referring to. | 这不是我预料的问题 |
[08:29] | A guy at the gym. He asked if you were seeing anyone. Guess you’re famous. | 健身房有个男的问妳有没有男友 看来妳很出名 |
[08:37] | What guy? | 什么男的? |
[08:39] | – I don’t know his name. – Seriously? | 我不知道他的名字 真的假的? |
[08:41] | We have mutual friends. | 我们有共同的朋友 |
[08:43] | We played a pickup game two years ago. We were introduced at the time. | 两年前我们一起打篮球就认识了 |
[08:46] | I see him at the machines at the gym, and it’s all: | 我在健身房遇到他 他跟我说 |
[08:49] | “Hey, man, how you doing?” | 〝老兄,你好吗?〞 |
[08:51] | It’s two years later. I can’t ask him his name. | 都过两年了 我怎么记得他的名字? |
[08:53] | – He asked you to fix us up? – Asked if you were seeing anyone. | 他要你把我介绍给他? 他问妳有没有男朋友 |
[08:56] | We were talking at the gym. We keep sentences short. | 我们只是在健身房闲聊 没有多谈 |
[08:58] | This is… No. And you should talk about something else at the gym. | 实在…不要 你们该找其他的话题 |
[09:04] | I got most of it. | 差不多都干净了 |
[09:06] | – Club soda and salt. – That’s great. | 苏打水加盐 好极了 |
[09:10] | – It’s wet, though. – Yes. | 不过都湿了 没错 |
[09:12] | – You wanna go with the binder? – Didn’t work well the first time. | 要再用活页夹挡吗? 刚刚不太管用 |
[09:22] | – Here. – Are you sure? | 拿去 妳确定? |
[09:25] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:27] | – Can I lose the pin? – It was my aunt’s. | 胸花可以拿掉吗? 那我姑妈的 |
[09:30] | – She’s no longer with us. – Then you should wear it. | 她已经不在人世间了 那应该给妳戴 |
[09:32] | – It’s covering a hole. – You ready? | 那是用来遮破洞的 准备好了吗? |
[09:35] | Are you sure we shouldn’t pull Toby in for this? | 你确定不请托比一起来? |
[09:37] | For Cliff Calley, you want a whole phalanx? | 为了克里夫科利? 需要一整个团队 |
[09:39] | – He got us on the Clean Air Bill. – He’s a lobbyist. He’s building bridges. | 他帮我们搞定空气清洁预算 他是陈情人,这是工作 |
[09:43] | – He’s slippery. – Greg Brock’s here. | 他一点也不可靠 葛雷布洛克来了 |
[09:45] | – I’ll meet you in the Mural. – She send you to her tailor? | 我再去壁画间找你 你去找她的裁缝师做衣服? |
[09:50] | – Morning. – Hi, pookie. | 早安 你好,小可爱 |
[09:51] | – You think the president picked a horse. – He’s done more than that. | 你认为总统心里另有人选 不只这样 |
[09:55] | He’s channeling support. But what do I know? | 他在转移支持对象 可是我又懂什么呢? |
[09:57] | I know a lot for a woman of my years. | 我这个年岁的女人 懂的可不少 |
[09:59] | The president supports all Democratic candidates… | 总统支持所有民主党参选人 |
[10:02] | …and will remain neutral until after the primaries. | 等初选之后才会表态 |
[10:05] | – What if he did? Hypothetically? – Back a candidate now? | 假设如果不是呢? 现在就支持特定参选人? |
[10:08] | – Hypothetically. – Congress would go through the roof. | 只是假设 国会会火冒三丈 |
[10:10] | Anything the president tried, they’d kill. It’d appear as support of a candidate… | 总统有任何举动都会被否决 就是因为选边站 |
[10:15] | …that half the Democrats and all Republicans despise… | 支持半个民主党 和整个共和党鄙视的参选人 |
[10:17] | …and bring his agenda for the year to a halt. | 会将自己今年的议程都终止 |
[10:20] | If that, hypothetically, was what was happening… | 假设现在就是这么回事 |
[10:23] | …he probably wouldn’t tell anybody. He probably wouldn’t even tell you. | 他大概也会三缄其口 他大概也不会告诉妳 |
[10:29] | Wish I’d have been there. | 我应该去致意的 |
[10:31] | Would have been awkward. | 场面会很尴尬 |
[10:35] | I’d have stood in the back. | 我会低头站在后面 |
[10:37] | There must have been a large NASA contingent. | 太空总署一定办得很盛大 |
[10:40] | His wife didn’t want that. | 他妻子不想这样 |
[10:45] | If you didn’t do what you do, what would you do? | 如果可以选择妳的职业 妳会做什么? |
[10:50] | Medicine, probably. | 大概会学医 |
[10:52] | No, it’s a lie. | 不,这不是真的 |
[10:54] | I’d grow apples. | 我会种苹果 |
[10:57] | I’d run an apple orchard and cider mill… | 我会开家苹果园和果汁厂 |
[11:01] | …and I’d be fat as all get-out. | 然后我会肥得跟猪一样 |
[11:04] | Sometimes I think what if I was at UNICEF or United Way… | 如果我在联合国儿童基金会 或联合劝募协会 |
[11:07] | …pulling together the AIDS fight, or back in New York… | 筹备对抗爱滋病,或是回纽约 |
[11:11] | …improving the public school system, would it be a better use of my 24 hours? | 催生公立学校,这样的二十四小时 是否更有意义? |
[11:16] | Not this. | 而不是像在这样 |
[11:18] | Not pushing on the ocean. | 做些虚幻的大业 |
[11:24] | So who threw the first punch? | 是谁先出拳的? |
[11:35] | – Cliff, good to see you. – C.J. Cregg with the snazzy promotion. | 克里夫,很高兴见到你 升大官的茜洁葛瑞 |
[11:38] | Do I bow or kiss the ring? What’s the protocol? | 需要鞠躬或亲吻手背? 怎样才得体? |
[11:41] | Stand when I sit, sit when I stand, yes my every question. | 我坐你站,你坐我站 然后我的问题你都答应 |
[11:44] | You see the suit? Didn’t dress like that at Ways and Means. | 瞧这西装,在这工作买不起 |
[11:47] | – You like? – Where’d you get…? | 你喜欢? 是啊,哪里买的? 楼下有个人… 两位 |
[11:49] | – I have a guy downtown… – Gentlemen. | 楼下有个人… 两位 |
[11:50] | Sorry. Your suit’s nice too. | 抱歉,妳也衣服也不错 |
[11:52] | – You look over the proposal? – Is it gonna get a new name? | 看过提案了吗? 可以改新名字吗? |
[11:55] | – The Water Program? – On the nose, no? | 河流计划? 没错 |
[11:57] | You’ve got a better idea? | 你有更好的建议吗? 〝处处都是水,却都不能喝〞 |
[11:59] | “Water, Water Everywhere, Not a Drop to Drink”? | 〝处处都是水,却都不能喝〞 |
[12:01] | I guess you have other issues, why don’t we…? | 看来你还有其他不满,你何不… |
[12:03] | Hang on. | 等等 天啊,我刚刚出现似曾相识的感觉 |
[12:10] | Sorry. Go ahead. | 抱歉,继续 我们尽可能讨论周详 |
[12:11] | We’re trying to circumnavigate as much as we can… | 我们尽可能讨论周详 |
[12:14] | …so let’s talk about what you’re worried… | 我们来谈谈我们的疑虑… |
[12:16] | – That’s not necessary. – The name’s your only problem? | 没这必要 你只有不满意提案名称? |
[12:19] | I don’t like any of it, it won’t work, but I really hate the name. | 都不喜欢,不可能成功 但名字真的很烂 |
[12:23] | It’s not so much a solution, but it’s a good first step. | 这的确不能治本,至少是个起步 |
[12:26] | No. It’s a Band-Aid that gives the government permission… | 不,这只是个挡箭牌 让政府有权力 |
[12:29] | …to ignore drought conditions in 11 states for five years. | 忽视5年来11州的干旱问题 |
[12:32] | We’re not getting anywhere near it. Where’d you get the pin? | 这一点也解决不了问题 妳的胸花哪儿来的? |
[12:34] | – From a dead woman. Can we…? – The Drought Program. | 作古的女人,可以… 干旱方案 |
[12:36] | – Good name. – Conservation measures… | 这名字好 水土保持… |
[12:38] | The Drought Plan. Because you created a plan that will extend the drought. | 干旱计划,因为妳的计划 会加重干旱问题 |
[12:42] | – Star that. – It’s not a drought. | 这句话要记起来 这不是干旱问题 |
[12:44] | It’s a drought if we were having less than average rainfall, but we’re not. | 如果降雨低于平均值就是干旱 但现在没有 |
[12:48] | We have 58 million people wrestling over one river’s water… | 现在问题是 5千8百万的人在抢河水 |
[12:51] | …based on calculations taken in what we now know were 20 flood years. | 根据计算我们会有20年的水灾 |
[12:54] | Party’s over. I’m asking you to work with us. | 玩笑开够了 我是请求你们和我们合作 |
[12:57] | – Hey, I hear you. I hear your frustration. – Cliff. | 我懂了,我听出妳很气馁 克里夫 |
[13:00] | Congress won’t touch it. | 国会连碰都不想碰 即使我能考虑考虑 新墨西哥州代表团也不会投票赞成 |
[13:01] | Even if I thought more of it, the New Mexico delegation can’t vote for it… | 即使我能考虑考虑 新墨西哥州代表团也不会投票赞成 |
[13:05] | …it makes them look too pro-EPA. | 因为会让他们太像环保局 |
[13:07] | Sylbie in Colorado can’t vote for it. It makes him look anti-EPA. | 科罗拉多的赛比也不会赞成 这会让他看起来是反环保局 |
[13:10] | California Central Valley can’t support it… | 加州中央河谷更不会支持 |
[13:12] | …as any funding they get is deducted from the 42 million… | 如过这些经费 是从环保局给他们… |
[13:15] | …they’re getting from the EPA for pollution management. | 用来污染管理的 4千2百万中扣除的话 |
[13:18] | Collins might vote for it just to piss off Sylbie… | 柯林思也许会为了惹毛赛比而赞成 |
[13:21] | …but I wouldn’t stake my morning on anything Hugh Collins may do. | 但我今早不想为了 柯林思的决定而冒险 |
[13:24] | He’s a bit of a tippler. | 因为他是个酒鬼 |
[13:26] | Why’d you come if you weren’t gonna play ball? | 你不接受协商还来做什么? |
[13:29] | My niece loves the M&M’s with the seal of the president. | 我侄女很爱上面 印有总统的巧克力 |
[13:32] | She takes them to school, gets a lot of attention. | 她带去学校结果很受欢迎 |
[13:35] | Got any of those around? | 你们这里有吗? |
[13:40] | Sorry, Mr. Lyman. This will take a minute. | 抱歉,赖曼先生,你得等一会儿 |
[13:42] | – No problem, Larry. Take your time. – There you go. | 没关系,赖瑞,慢慢来 在这里 |
[13:45] | – Nothing going on today. – Thank you. | 今天没什么大事 谢谢 |
[13:47] | Just trying to win primaries. No biggie. | 只想赢得初选,没什么大不了 |
[13:50] | – Nope. – You’re not serious. | 没有 你说真的? |
[13:54] | Toby. Hey, Toby. Sign me in. | 托比…让我进去 |
[14:01] | – Yes? – It’s Josh. They won’t let me in. | 请说 是我乔西,他们不放我进去 |
[14:03] | C.J. had to cancel your lunch so I killed the pass. Didn’t get the message? | 茜洁取消和你午餐,通行证也是 你没收到留言? |
[14:08] | Yeah, I’m fine about the lunch. | 午餐的事我没关系 |
[14:10] | Just coming in to say hello, hang out for a bit. | 让我进去晃晃,和大家打招呼 |
[14:13] | I got meetings on the Hill all afternoon. | 我整个下午要去国会开会 |
[14:15] | Yeah. They really frown on the hanging out. | 他们就是怕你来晃晃 |
[14:18] | – You know what? Let me in. – Hi. | 听著,让我进去 你好 |
[14:20] | – Hey. How’s it going? – Good. Good flight? | 你好吗? 搭机还舒适吧? |
[14:22] | Yeah, it was great. | 还不错 |
[14:25] | Margaret, let me in the door. | 玛格丽特,让我进去 |
[14:27] | These are contacts for people on the trip. | 这趟旅程成员的联络人 |
[14:29] | – You’ll wanna touch base. – Now? | 我们要一一联络 现在? |
[14:31] | – No. Talk about the guy. – I thought I was done with that. | 不用,谈谈那个男的 不是已经谈完了吗? |
[14:33] | – What’s he look like? – A white guy. | 他长什么样? 一个白人 |
[14:35] | – Brad Pitt. Henry Kissinger. – Stop it. | 像季辛吉、布莱德彼特 别闹了 |
[14:37] | – Hi. I need Charlie. – We’re working. | 你们好,我需要查理 我们在工作 |
[14:39] | I heard “Brad Pitt. ” You’re not working. | 我听到〝布莱德彼特〞 你们没在工作 |
[14:41] | – The Family Leave Expansion. – The VP wants in? | 你知道家庭休假法吗? 副总统要? |
[14:43] | – Hello. – Am I interrupting? | 拜托 我打扰到妳了吗? |
[14:45] | – You were in New Hampshire? It’s nice. – I was. | 你刚从新罕布夏回来? 对 |
[14:46] | – Call me about the announcement? – Yeah. | 通知的事再告诉我 好 |
[14:48] | Ambassador to Mali and global AIDS coordinator want copies of everything. | 马利大使和全球爱滋负责人 要所有的资料 |
[14:52] | – Sure. – Tell me tall or short. | 好 他高还是矮 |
[14:54] | He’s a good-looking guy, smart, got a job, he’s not a jerk. | 他长的帅、聪明、有工作 又不是浑蛋 |
[14:57] | I don’t know his favorite color… | 我不知道他最爱的颜色和星座 |
[14:58] | …but he’s got all his teeth and almost all his hair. | 牙齿健全,头发几乎都在 |
[15:01] | – How much is almost? – He’s got a high forehead. | 几乎是多少? 他的额头比较高 |
[15:04] | This is a bad idea. This is a bad idea. | 一点都不好… |
[15:07] | – Look at this woman. – Hello, pumpkin. | 瞧这女子 你好,小乖 |
[15:09] | – She’s a vision. – I heard Security didn’t wanna let you in. | 真是艳光照人 听说警卫不让你进来 |
[15:12] | – New guy. – I heard it was Larry. | 菜鸟 听说是赖瑞 |
[15:14] | – How you doing? – Good. A little back pain. | 妳好吗? 很好,有点背痛 |
[15:16] | – Sorry to hear that. – I’m thinking of shiatsu. | 我很遗憾 我在考虑去指压 |
[15:19] | – That’s great stuff. – Yeah, that’s what they say. | 那不错 对,很多人这么说 |
[15:21] | – You’re not letting me in there, are you? – Not a chance. | 妳不会让我进去对吧? 绝不可能 |
[15:25] | M&M’s bearing the seal of the president. This from a grown man. | 上面有总统的巧克力糖 一个成人竟然说这种话 |
[15:29] | – You got any? – What? | 妳有吗? 什么? |
[15:31] | The M&M’s. I’m a little peckish. | 巧克力,我有点饿 |
[15:34] | – Thank you. – The Agriculture lobby is in an hour. | 谢谢 农业局陈情人一小时后要来 |
[15:37] | – This better not happen with them. – We’ll get Agriculture. | 他们最好不要也来这招 农业局会加入的 |
[15:40] | We’ll handhold on the Hill. We’ll do it without him. | 我们可以在国会联手 不一定要他加入 |
[15:43] | Who behaves like that? It’s unprofessional. | 怎么有人这样行事?真不专业 |
[15:45] | Yet terribly effective. You ought to have a conversation with him. | 但却极有效力,妳该找他谈谈 |
[15:49] | I’m happy picking up the loose ends, but Josh Lyman left a big hole in this place. | 我很乐意来解决小问题 可是乔西赖曼留个大洞给我跳 |
[15:53] | – Maybe he’s coming back, maybe not. – You want me to hire Calley? | 他也许会回来,也许不会 我要我聘请克里夫科利? |
[15:56] | He knows the Hill. He knows his stuff. | 他懂国会,也很在行 |
[15:58] | This guy used to work for Congressional Republicans. | 这家伙曾为国会的共和党工作 |
[16:01] | This guy shut down an investigation of my substance-abuse history… | 这家伙停止我过去药物滥用的侦查 |
[16:05] | …because he thought maybe we should be governing the country. | 因为他认为该由我们管理国家 |
[16:09] | It’s a Republican Congress. | 只不过是共和党国会 |
[16:11] | Not the worst thing to have someone with relationships on both sides. | 两边都有关系的人又不是坏事 |
[16:16] | No. He’s the wrong choice. And he’s irritating. And he’s obnoxious. | 对,但他不是适合人选 既恼人又可憎 |
[16:20] | That’s worked for us in the past. | 老时代这样很好 |
[16:22] | Here’s the part where, due to my years of service… | 我在这里工作这么多年 |
[16:25] | …you suspend for a moment the Teutonic allegiance to protocol… | 所以少给我那套忠诚的程序 |
[16:28] | – …and shift thyself out of my way. – Josh Lyman to see you. | 从我眼前消失 乔西赖曼要见妳 |
[16:33] | Was this place such a killjoy when I worked here… | 我在这里工作时 这地方就这么令人扫兴 |
[16:35] | – …or have the Brown Shirts taken over? – You’re vibrating. | 还是这里被军队占领了? 你的手机在震动 |
[16:38] | I feel that. Thanks. | 感觉到了,谢谢 |
[16:41] | Yes. No! I am in town for one day. | 说…不,我只待一天 |
[16:46] | Tell him he reschedules this thing again, I’m gonna tear off his head… | 他要是再改时间 我就砍下他的头 |
[16:49] | …and fashion his skull into a decorative fruit bowl. | 再把头骨放在水果盘当装饰 |
[16:53] | – Debbie. – Will. | 黛比 威尔 |
[16:55] | – How goes it? – Little bit of back pain, truthfully. | 近来好吗? 老实说有点背痛 |
[16:58] | – Sorry to hear that. – Thinking about yoga. | 很遗憾 正考虑去做瑜珈 |
[17:00] | – I hear it does wonders. – You can’t see him. | 听说效果成神奇 你不能见他 |
[17:02] | – Five minutes. Two? – Write a letter. | 五分钟就好,两分钟? 写信吧 |
[17:04] | You should be stuck in double lotus. | 妳真该被关进莲花水墨画里 |
[17:07] | – With an itch. – Good to see you. | 然后全身发痒 很高兴见到你 |
[17:09] | – Is it time for the meeting? – Not quite. | 开会时间到了吗? 还没 |
[17:11] | Making sure you’re clear on how the trip is funded. | 旅途的资金要注意 |
[17:14] | It’s complicated, so if you wanna talk… | 有点复杂,如果你有问题… |
[17:16] | – It’s really not. – Bring him on. The guy. | 没有问题 把那男的带来 |
[17:18] | – You sure? – Yeah. I’m ready to get off the bench. | 妳确定? 对,我不想坐冷板凳了 |
[17:21] | In the game. Like that. | 我想加入比赛 |
[17:23] | I’ll put him on the list for the gala. He’ll know a bunch of people there. | 我会把他加到餐会名单上 他可以会认识很多人 |
[17:27] | – Who? – Jimmy Hatch, Howard Kagan. | 像是谁? 吉米哈奇、霍华凯刚 |
[17:29] | – He works for the government? – It’s D.C. | 他是政府公务人员? 在华府工作 |
[17:31] | – I thought he was a regular person. – Sorry. | 我以为他只是一般人 抱歉 |
[17:33] | You don’t wanna roll out of bed… | 我可不想起床之后 |
[17:35] | …with a hangover, change in the car… | 带著宿醉、在车上更衣 |
[17:37] | …and find last night’s strategic error… | 然后发现昨晚的策略错误 |
[17:39] | …in your strategic planning session. | 出现在策略规划会议上 |
[17:41] | Tell me I’m not having this conversation. | 妳不会真的要跟我聊这种事吧? |
[17:44] | Invite him to the party. | 带他来餐会 |
[17:45] | You see the Republican side? | 你调查过共和党那边的情况? |
[17:47] | Arnie Vinick. Clean sweep. Don’t panic. He could get malaria, race is open again. | 文尼克大获全胜,别慌 他可能会得痢疾,战局又会洗牌 |
[17:56] | – Am I seeing things, or is she…? – Very. | 是我看走眼还是她…? 没错 |
[17:59] | – I didn’t know she was pregnant. – She’s pregnant. | 我不知道她怀孕了 她怀孕了 |
[18:01] | I didn’t even know she was married. | 我甚至不知道她结婚了 |
[18:05] | Right. How is the president doing? | 好吧,总统还好吗? |
[18:08] | Not terrible. | 还不坏 |
[18:09] | He gets tired and pretends he isn’t. | 累了还要假装不累 |
[18:11] | His legs hurt, and he pretends they don’t. | 腿在痛也假装没这回事 |
[18:14] | – We’re still figuring it all out. – Yeah. | 我们在想办法帮他 好 |
[18:16] | What’s up with Toby? I saw him in the hall. | 托比怎么了?我在走廊看到他 |
[18:18] | Acted like a guy who owed me money. | 活像欠我钱似的 |
[18:21] | – He’s been out of it since the funeral. – What funeral? | 丧礼过后他一直很沮丧 什么丧礼? |
[18:26] | – David. – His brother? | 大卫 他哥哥? |
[18:28] | – He died? – Tuesday. He was sick. | 他死了? 星期二的事,他生病了 |
[18:31] | – He went downhill pretty fast. – Yeah, I knew he was sick. I… | 情况恶化得很快 我知道他生病,但… |
[18:35] | I talked to Toby last week. Why wouldn’t he say anything? | 我上周找过托比 他为何只字不提? |
[18:40] | I feel awful. I would have gone. | 我真内疚,我该去参加丧礼的 |
[18:44] | None of us did. They didn’t want a whole to-do. | 我们都没去,他们不想办正式仪式 |
[18:48] | – I’m gonna go. – Yeah. Yeah. | 我要去找他 好 |
[18:52] | Hey, you think we can do a water deal without the urban-development lobby? | 你觉得不管都市发展陈情人 河流计划有可能成功吗? |
[18:58] | Out West? I don’t know. | 西部?我不确定 |
[18:59] | You’re gonna get resistance in New Mexico and from Sylbie out of Colorado. | 新墨西哥和科罗拉多的赛比 会不同意 |
[19:04] | You may get the California Central Valley guys onboard… | 加州中央河谷也许会加入 |
[19:07] | …but you’d have to make it a pretty sweet deal. | 但给他们的条件要很好 |
[19:09] | They get a nice boost from the EPA. | 环保局给他们很多甜头 |
[19:11] | They’re not gonna walk away from that without a big carrot. | 没有好条件他们不会动心的 |
[19:17] | Stop it. | 不准说 |
[19:21] | – It’s good to see you. – It is. | 很高兴见到妳 的确 |
[19:22] | – How are you? – A little back pain. | 妳好吗? 有点背痛 |
[19:24] | – I’m sorry. – Thinking about heroin. | 我很遗憾 我考虑吸海洛因 |
[19:26] | – Really? – Will’s not getting in. I won’t repeat it. | 真的? 威尔不能进去,我不想再说一次 |
[19:42] | – How go the wars? – I just heard about David. | 选战如何? 我刚听说大卫的事 |
[19:47] | – Man, I’m so sorry. – Thanks. | 我很遗憾 谢谢 |
[19:50] | Why didn’t you call me? | 为何不通知我? |
[19:52] | The Energy Trust Fund. It just got dropped. | 能源信托金被撤回了 |
[19:54] | Screw the Energy Trust Fund. I wish I could have been at the… | 别管能源信托金了 我应该去参加… |
[19:58] | The Mental Health Commission? You dropped a lot and walked away. | 心理健康委员会? 你丢下很多议案一走了之 |
[20:02] | It all got handed off. | 我都交接出去了 |
[20:04] | – Oh, yes. I gotta… – Yeah. | 是啊,我得走了… 好 |
[20:16] | Hang on one second. | 等等 |
[20:18] | I got a 12:00 conference call and a 2:00 on the Hill. | 我12点有记者会 2点到国会开会 |
[20:21] | – You wanna get some food in between? – Can’t today. | 这之间你要吃点东西吗? 今天不行 |
[20:36] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[20:38] | A lot of people I know are working on these campaigns. All in the same boat. | 参与竞选活动的人有很多我认识 大家一体同心 |
[20:42] | You’re soldiers in the same war, and then all of a sudden the borders shift. | 我们是一起打仗的士兵 忽然间疆界变了 |
[20:47] | And every word you say, and every soda you drink has loyalty connotations. | 所以说的话、喝的汽水 其中的忠诚都被怀疑 |
[20:53] | Could be campaigns, or you’re not ready to talk. | 也许竞选的事让你心烦 或是你还没准备切入正题 |
[20:56] | – I don’t have a problem talking to people. – No? | 我不怕和人说话 是吗? |
[20:58] | – I don’t have a problem talking to you. – I’m special. | 我不怕和妳说话 因为我特别 |
[21:02] | – Yes, you are. – You think we rushed into this? | 没错 我们决定太仓卒了吗? |
[21:08] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[21:13] | – You sorry that we did? – I’m not, actually. | 这么做你后悔吗? 老实说,不会 |
[21:23] | Doesn’t mean we didn’t rush into it. | 但不代表我们没有操之过急 |
[21:34] | What do you mean we’re not on Meet the Press? No, no. | 我们不能上《会见新闻界》 是什么意思? |
[21:37] | Call them back. Talk to Elise Baine. | 再打电话给他们,找伊莉丝班恩 |
[21:39] | Tell her they’re not bumping us for Ricky Rafferty. | 不准为了瑞奇劳夫提放我们鸽子 |
[21:41] | – Hang up. – Congressman’s available tomorrow only. | 挂电话 众议员只有明天有空 |
[21:44] | – Rafferty can wait. – Hang up now. | 劳夫提可以等 快挂电话 |
[21:46] | Keep your pants on. Call me back. | 别猴急,再打给我 |
[21:48] | I’m gonna put a hit out on Ricky Rafferty. | 我要给瑞奇劳夫提点颜色瞧瞧 |
[21:51] | I need to talk to you, not with a million people around. | 我要跟你谈谈 不能在大庭广众之下 |
[21:58] | Is our relationship about to change? | 我们的关系要改变了吗? |
[22:01] | Rafferty put out text of the health plan. Annabeth had a copy. Look at page three. | 劳夫提的健保计划政见 安娜贝丝有一份,第三页 |
[22:07] | “Obliterate the money-laundering middleman… | 〝消灭你和医生之间 |
[22:09] | …between you and your doctor. “ | 洗钱的中间人〞 |
[22:11] | – Why didn’t every article lead with this? – It wasn’t in the first speech. | 之前怎么没有这种标题? 这不在初次政见里 |
[22:15] | They released it today. It guarantees more coverage. Look at its structure. | 他们今天才发表,还保证 会有详细内容,看文章结构 |
[22:19] | It’s structured like Bartlet had it before we had him cut it out of his plan. | 这跟巴特勒的文章一样 我们叫他删掉这段 |
[22:23] | Rafferty has someone from the president’s first health-care initiative. | 劳夫提有眼线取得 总统的首次健保倡议案 |
[22:27] | You, Toby, Sam, Melanie, Ken. | 你、托比、山姆、梅兰妮、肯 |
[22:28] | – You missed one. – No. Who’d I miss? | 妳漏掉一个人 没有,漏掉谁? |
[22:31] | The president. | 总统 |
[22:34] | You got a second? Has the president sat down with Senator Rafferty? | 妳有空吗?总统曾和 劳夫提参议员会谈过吗? |
[22:39] | – Josh… – Lunch, casual? | 乔西… 吃午餐,聚一聚? |
[22:41] | – Absolutely not. – He’s not sure Russell’s representing… | 当然没有 他并不完全支持罗素 |
[22:45] | …Democratic values. A spoiler may move the debate in a new direction. | 代表民主党参选 他拆台的话会扰乱战局 |
[22:48] | The president plans to endorse his party’s nomination. | 总统打算替党内提名人背书 |
[22:51] | We assume it will be the vice president. | 我们认定会是副总统 |
[22:53] | Sorry he’s not backing your candidate… | 抱歉他没有支持你的候选人 |
[22:55] | …but he’s most certainly not backing Ricky Rafferty. | 但他更不会支持瑞奇劳夫提 |
[22:58] | I can see where this is heading. | 我能预料到接下来会发生的事 |
[23:00] | Four weeks of articles about single-payer health care… | 发表四周的单一保险人健保文章 |
[23:03] | …and it all reads like vintage Bartlet. | 内容都跟巴特勒的一样 |
[23:05] | The president’s not the first guy to try and phase out insurance companies… | 总统不是唯一想淘汰健保公司的人 |
[23:09] | …though he was a bit obsessed with it. | 虽然他有点执迷 |
[23:11] | I thought you’d burst a blood vessel trying to talk him off it. | 他几乎拼了老命在说服托比 |
[23:14] | Gotta be nice with lobbyists… | 我得去向陈情人示好 |
[23:16] | …from over-subsidized agribusiness conglomerates. | 讨好这些农业企业集团 |
[23:19] | Focus on South Carolina. Rafferty will flame out. | 把注意力放在南卡罗莱纳州 劳夫提的战力会停止的 |
[23:23] | Hey, do you have any thoughts about Russell’s package? Packaging? | 妳对罗素的包装有何感想? |
[23:27] | If this is a “solicit my opinion so I feel important before you ask for a favor”… | 如果你想问我意见讨好我 再有求于我 |
[23:31] | …Donna was here. The VP can’t join the president… | 唐娜已经来过了 副总统无法和总统一起去 |
[23:34] | – …at Fraternal Order of Police. – It’s not about the FOP. | 产业工会 跟产业工会无关 |
[23:37] | I’m grooming a man for the highest office. | 我要替高层推荐一个人 |
[23:40] | I’m looking to perfect the image, and they say you’re good. | 我需要一个完美形象 他们说妳很在行 |
[23:43] | – They do? – Yes. | 他们这么说? 对 |
[23:44] | These people? | 这些人? |
[23:49] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, I’m fine. | 妳没事吧? 我很好 |
[23:51] | – I have something in my contact lens. – You’re wearing glasses. | 隐形眼镜里有东西 妳戴眼镜 |
[23:55] | – Sorry. – Did I say something? | 抱歉 我说错话了吗? |
[23:57] | No, no, it’s not you. It’s just…. | 不…不是你,只是… |
[24:02] | You know, you work somewhere… | 你在其他地方工作过 |
[24:04] | …and your perspective and your experience is different… | 你的观点和经历… |
[24:07] | …from that of everyone around you. And it’s busy. | 都和身边的工作伙伴有差距 这里很忙 |
[24:11] | People don’t have time to pat each other on the back. | 人们没时间互相关心一下 |
[24:14] | And I don’t want that. But, gosh… | 我不喜欢这样,可是,天啊… |
[24:18] | …it’s just nice to hear that… | 很高兴听到 |
[24:21] | …they think I’m good. | 他们认为我有能力 |
[24:24] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:26] | – I can come back later. – No. The boots are over. | 我可以待会儿再来 不,靴子过时了 |
[24:29] | The haircut was hasty, and in the debates… | 发型过于轻率,还有辩论会时 |
[24:31] | …he’s too interested in other candidates. | 他太在意其他参选人 |
[24:33] | His S’s are slushy, his A’s are flat… | 他的S发音含糊,A太呆板 |
[24:36] | …he exhales too loud and inhales too often, but it’s nothing… | 他吐气太大声,吸气次数太多 不过一切 |
[24:39] | Nothing that can’t be fixed. | 一切都能改过 |
[24:41] | And I’m honored, really honored, that you asked. | 你请教我,我真的很荣幸 |
[24:45] | – Cliff Calley. – Thank you. | 克里夫科利 谢谢 |
[24:47] | – I was summoned? – You were. | 妳传唤我? 对 |
[24:48] | – Sit. – Heel. | 坐下 妳也是 |
[24:50] | – Excuse me? – Just seeing if it worked both ways. | 什么? 只想看这样有用吗? |
[24:52] | It doesn’t. | 没有用 |
[24:54] | – Interested in leaving the private sector? – Are you offering me a job? | 有兴趣离开民营团体吗? 妳要给我工作? |
[24:57] | – I’m gauging your interest. – A White House job. | 我在试探你的意愿 白宫的工作 |
[25:00] | – Don’t make me think about it too hard. – Okay, wow. No, thanks. | 别逼我考虑清楚 好…不,谢了 |
[25:05] | – What? – It’s a temp job. | 什么? 这只是个临时工 |
[25:07] | Any job in this White House. And a low-paying one at that. But, wow. | 白宫里所有的工作 和薪水少的工作都是,不过… |
[25:10] | – A temp job? – I didn’t bring my tape recorder. | 临时工? 我竟然没带录音机来 |
[25:12] | – I could’ve played this for my mom. – Good. It was a bad idea. | 不然就可以录给我妈听 很好,反正这是馊主意 |
[25:16] | Leo thought you were a bridge-builder… | 里奥认为你可以替我们牵线 |
[25:18] | …but you’re a hack working for cookie-cutter condo builders… | 但你只是个替饼干工厂、大楼建商 |
[25:21] | …and hotel magnates. How do you sleep? | 和饭店巨擘工作的小卒 你晚上怎么睡得著? |
[25:23] | – Ativan. – I met with lobbyists on this water deal. | 安眠药 河流计划里的陈情人 |
[25:26] | Only you wouldn’t budge a bit. | 只有你不肯让步 |
[25:27] | Let’s talk about agribusiness monsters who siphoned 90 percent… | 来谈谈这农产怪物抽掉 科罗拉多河 |
[25:31] | …of the Colorado River into irrigation of California rice. | 百分之90的水来灌溉加州米 |
[25:34] | We’re most safe when we’re our own food source. | 国家有粮食来源会比较安全 |
[25:36] | Grow food. Fine. It’s a desert. They grow monsoon crops. | 种粮食没问题,但那里是沙漠 竟然去种雨季农作物 |
[25:39] | – I don’t need you on this. – You’re right. | 我不需要你来参与计划 没错 |
[25:41] | I could jump in, and you still wouldn’t get a deal… | 因为我会插手,妳还是达不到目标 |
[25:44] | …because the Senate will love it and the House won’t. | 因为参议院会支持,众议院不会 只有我敢当面告诉妳 |
[25:47] | Let me thank you for your honesty and service. | 感谢你开诚布公 和对全美人民付出的心力 |
[25:49] | Okay, you wanna know how I sleep at night? | 妳想知道我晚上怎么睡得著吗? |
[25:52] | There’s a drought in Kenya, in Zambia. | 肯亚、尚比亚有旱灾 |
[25:54] | There’s a drought in India and Pakistan and Ecuador and Paraguay… | 印度、巴基斯坦、厄瓜多尔、巴拉圭 也有旱灾 |
[25:59] | …and there’s a drought in Malawi and Uganda and Australia. | 马拉威、乌干达和澳洲都有 |
[26:02] | We’re the only nation that can afford the $ 10-billion investment… | 只有我们国家有十亿可以投资 |
[26:05] | …it takes for desalination technology… | 研发去盐科技 |
[26:08] | …and the government’s never gonna do that unless forced… | 而政府绝不会去研发,除非被逼 |
[26:11] | …because there’s a major national water crisis and they’re taking heat… | 因为国内有严重用水危机 问题之所以被重视 |
[26:14] | …from cookie-cutter condo builders and hotel magnates. | 这要多谢饼干工厂、大楼建商 和饭店巨擘 |
[26:18] | – Get out of my office. – Nice. | 滚出我的办公室 不赖 |
[26:25] | Immigration bill’s getting gutted in committee. | 移民预算被砍掉了 |
[26:27] | You see Rafferty’s health-care plan? | 你看过劳夫提的健保政见吗? |
[26:31] | Yeah. Who was your point person on immigration? | 有,你们的移民召集人是谁? |
[26:34] | “Obliterate the middleman between you and your doctor. “ | 〝消灭你和医生之间的中间人〞 |
[26:37] | Does it bother you someone’s stealing your stuff? | 你的创意被偷你不在意吗? |
[26:40] | – Does that trouble you at all? – It doesn’t. | 你一点也不生气? 不会 |
[26:42] | It would. You’re not a good sharer. | 你会,你不喜欢分享 |
[26:45] | Only way it doesn’t bother you is if you handed it to him yourself. | 你不在意的唯一原因 就是交给他的是你 |
[26:49] | – Shut the door. – Ricky Rafferty? Are you crazy? | 把门关上 瑞奇劳夫提?你疯了吗? |
[26:52] | I’ve just eked out a lead. My guy’s the little engine that could. | 我的候选人好不容易 才刚得到领先 |
[26:56] | – What were you thinking? – I don’t know. I thought maybe… | 你到底在想什么? 不知道,我想也许 |
[26:59] | …there should be somebody in the field who talks like a Democrat. | 选战里应该要有人 说话像个民主党员 |
[27:02] | You wasted the opportunity. You and your garage-sale find. | 你自己浪费掉机会 还有你那个无名小卒 |
[27:05] | – My what? – Ethanol pledge? | 我那个什么? 酒精典当品 |
[27:08] | – I’m trying to win a race. – Matthew Santos isn’t gonna win. | 我现在正在拼选战 麦修山多斯不可能赢的 |
[27:11] | You got a chance to shape the debate, strengthen the party, and you blew it! | 你有机会策画辩论会 巩固党内形象,你却搞砸了 |
[27:15] | You ran to the center for a stinking 19 percent in New Hampshire? | 你跑去新罕布夏拿下什么 无聊的百分之19支持率? |
[27:19] | You shouldn’t try to win. You don’t have the man. | 你不必想要赢选战 你的主子没有资格 |
[27:22] | You think I left to shape the debate? | 你认为我离开是为了策画辩论会? |
[27:24] | – Somebody’s got to. – This is your contribution to the party? | 总得有人这么做 这就是你对党内的贡献吗? |
[27:27] | The world needed another going-nowhere health-care plan? | 世界需要另一个 没有未来的健保计划吗? |
[27:30] | The world needed to hear one useful idea. | 这世界需要听听有用的计划 |
[27:32] | Now every viable candidate has to waste airtime… | 现在所有有机会的参选人 必须浪费时间搭飞机 |
[27:35] | …on why they do or don’t support socialized medicine. | 不管他们支不支持社会医疗制度 |
[27:38] | There’s a profiting industry leeching the life out of this country’s health care. | 有一个获暴利的企业 在吸干国家的医疗体制 |
[27:42] | – Got something better to discuss? – You’re dragging the field left. | 你有别的事好讨论吗? 你把胜算都给左派了 |
[27:45] | – Good! – You could have fed me ideas. | 很好 你至少可以把点子给我 |
[27:47] | – You don’t like how I’m running this. – How? | 你不满意我的作为 怎样? |
[27:49] | – How? Telephone. | – How? 怎样?你可以打电话给我 怎么打? |
[27:52] | – What are we discussing? – You didn’t ask. | 你在说什么? 你没有来问过我 |
[27:54] | Why the hell didn’t you come to me before you picked Santos? | 你去找山多斯前为何不来找我? |
[27:58] | Do you have any idea how strong a force we would have been… | 你不知道我们两合作力量有多大吗? |
[28:01] | …had we taken on a candidate together? | 要是我们一起助选胜算有多大吗? |
[28:03] | – I’m asking you now. – Yeah, well, no. | 我现在邀请你 我不愿意 |
[28:05] | – That’s it? That’s your answer? – That’s my answer. | 就这样?这就是答案? 这就是我的答案 |
[28:08] | – You are a selfish, petty… – Get out. | 你这个自私、心胸狭窄… 出去 |
[28:12] | …waste of the oxygen in the air that useful people could be using. | 浪费有用人类氧气的废物 |
[28:16] | – Get out! – You get out, you selfish son of a bitch! | 滚出去 你才滚出去,自私的浑蛋 |
[28:19] | My brother and I used to collect pennies, pick them up off the street… | 我哥和我以前会在街上 捡一分钱铜板 |
[28:25] | …put them in an old whiskey bottle we swiped from my old man. | 放进从我爸那偷来的威士忌酒瓶 |
[28:31] | Every few months or so, we’d go to the bank… | 每过几个月,我们就去银行 |
[28:34] | …to get these paper things. | 去拿纸卷 |
[28:37] | Tubes to make rolls of change. | 像管子的东西来放零钱 |
[28:41] | My brother said: | 我哥说 |
[28:43] | “Never walk down the street without a roll of pennies in your pocket. “ | 〝走在街上,口袋里 一定要有一卷零钱〞 |
[28:46] | You belt a guy with a roll of pennies in your fist… | 拳头里握著一卷零钱 |
[28:51] | …you do some damage. | 打人绝对痛 |
[28:53] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[29:04] | Get off! | 滚出去 |
[29:39] | Oh, good. Can you ask Charlie to get me some background… | 太好了,可以请查理 从国会山庄回来后 |
[29:42] | …on desalination technology when he gets back from the Hill? | 帮我找去盐科技的资料吗? |
[29:46] | What? | 怎么了? |
[30:17] | Maybe you should take a week. Go back to New York. | 也许你该休假一个礼拜,回纽约 |
[30:20] | I don’t want a week. | 我不需要一个礼拜 |
[30:22] | You don’t have to want it. I’m not sure you’re doing yourself any good here. | 这无关需要,留在这对你没帮助 |
[30:26] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事 |
[30:28] | I’m not sure you’re doing us any good here right now. | 你似乎对我们也没帮助 |
[30:31] | There are some things being missed. | 有些东西不见了 |
[30:33] | – What? – Oh, stupid stuff. | 什么? 只是小事情 |
[30:34] | Remarks to the Fraternal Order of Police, which I don’t care about. | 产业工会的评论,我可以处理 |
[30:38] | – I’m happy to take it for you. Tell me. – I’ll do it. | 我很乐意接手,跟我说一声就好 我来就好 |
[30:41] | You will? | 真的? |
[30:45] | How are David’s kids doing? | 大卫的孩子好吗? |
[30:49] | As… Just great. | 很…很好 |
[30:52] | If that’s where you should be, there’s nothing, nothing more important. | 如果回去对你很重要 就该排除万难回去 |
[30:56] | I’m aware of what’s important in this landscape. Thanks. | 我知道什么比较重要,谢谢 |
[31:01] | When you lose somebody like that… | 当你失去这样的人 |
[31:05] | …that young and healthy, and gone to some senseless cancer… | 如此年轻、健康 却被无情的癌症夺走 |
[31:09] | Can we not do this, please? | 可以不要谈这些吗? |
[31:11] | Give yourself some time to sit with his kids and look at his picture. | 给自己点时间陪他的孩子 看他的照片 |
[31:16] | I don’t wanna look at his picture. | 我不想看他的照片 |
[31:26] | He did this. | 是他害死自己 |
[31:29] | He did this. | 他害死自己 |
[31:31] | You understand? He sat in a garage with the engine running. | 妳懂吗?他坐在车库里 开著引擎 |
[31:48] | – He was sick. – No. He was diagnosed. | 他病了 不,只是被诊断出来而已 |
[31:55] | He could have had years. | 还有好几年的生命 |
[31:58] | But instead, this. His wife finds him. What if one of his kids had? | 结果他自杀,他老婆发现他 如果是孩子发现怎么办? |
[32:03] | Just drop everything and walk away. | 就这样一走了之 |
[32:07] | It’s Jewish tradition that you don’t leave the body alone before the funeral. | 犹太人规定在下葬前 要有人陪著死者 |
[32:11] | Someone stays and guards it. | 要有人留下来看守 |
[32:16] | And I sat in that room for hours, watching him… | 我坐在房间里好几个小时,看著他 |
[32:23] | …trying to figure out what was… | 试著想出他… |
[32:27] | What could have… | 他到底… |
[32:30] | …gone through his brain. | 脑子里在想什么 |
[32:41] | I’m not interested in looking at his picture. | 我没有兴趣看他的照片 |
[32:52] | You want some water? | 要喝杯水吗? |
[32:54] | No. | 不用 |
[32:57] | Scotch? | 苏格兰威士忌? |
[33:00] | No. | 不 |
[33:04] | You want me to go? | 要我离开吗? |
[33:10] | No. | 不 |
[33:21] | You stopped. | 你怎么不说了 |
[33:26] | You were about to answer my question. How’d he die? | 你正要回答我的问题 他是怎么死的? |
[33:35] | Cancer. | 癌症 |
[33:48] | Check in with USAID. They’re not good with details. | 和美国国际开发署作确认 他们总是不注意细节 |
[33:51] | Yeah. | 好 |
[33:55] | Can we call DOD, find out the guy’s name? | 可以打电话到国防部 问那个人的名字吗? |
[33:57] | I’ll find out before you meet him. | 和他见面前我会问清楚 |
[33:58] | I wanna know what I’m getting into. | 我只想知道我将面对的是谁 |
[34:00] | You do an NSC background check before dates? No wonder it’s been slow. | 约会前妳会做国家安全背景调查? 难怪进展这么慢 |
[34:04] | I’m not gonna do a check. I wanna poke around at DOD. | 我不是要调查 我只要去国防部偷看 |
[34:06] | – He doesn’t work at DOD. – You said he worked with Kagan. | 他不在国防部工作 你说他是凯刚的同事 |
[34:09] | – He plays ball with them, works at State. – What desk? | 他跟他们打球,在国务院工作 哪个办公室? |
[34:12] | – South America. Maybe Paraguay. – Uruguay? | 南美,大概是巴拉圭 乌拉圭? |
[34:14] | – Yes. – Red hair? Dick Van Dyke nose? | 对 红发、迪克范戴克的鼻子? |
[34:16] | – You know him? – I used to be married to him. | 妳认识他? 我曾经嫁给他 |
[34:19] | “Is Kate Harper seeing anyone?” I misunderstood the initial inquiry. | 〝凯蒂哈伯有男朋友吗?〞 我误会他问的原因了 |
[34:37] | Since when do you wear specs? | 你什么时候开始戴眼镜的? |
[34:40] | I don’t. | 不是我的 |
[34:42] | – Somebody leave them? – Yeah. | 有人忘记拿走? 对 |
[34:45] | – They’re not mine, are they? – Don’t think so. | 不会是我的吧? 应该不是 |
[34:47] | – I lost a pair… – They’re not yours. | 我的不见了 不是你的 |
[34:49] | – They look like mine. – They’re my brother’s. | 看起来像我的 是我哥的 |
[34:58] | – Can you see through them? – I don’t know. | 戴上看得见吗? 不知道 |
[35:02] | – You going to this DNC thing? – Yeah. | 你要去全国委员餐会吗? 要 |
[35:05] | – I understand you have a favorite. – You here to fight Josh Lyman’s battles? | 看来你找到嗜好了 你为了我和乔西赖曼打架而来吧? |
[35:08] | You can’t be doing this from the White House. | 你不能在白宫里做这种事 |
[35:11] | – Leo. – You can’t do this to the president. | 里奥 你不能对总统这么做 |
[35:14] | You think the president doesn’t want genuine Democratic values… | 你认为总统不想让 民主党的真实价值观 |
[35:18] | …in a national presidential contest? He’d do this himself if he could. | 放进总统大选吗? 他能的话自己也做这么做 |
[35:21] | I’m doing this for the president. He could help Russell now if he wanted. | 我这么做是为了总统 他尽管去帮罗素 |
[35:25] | Joint appearances, a bill signing with the VP right by his side. | 一起出席活动,和副总统一起 签署预算案 |
[35:28] | – Rafferty’s the alternative? – We do what we can. | 而劳夫提是其他选择? 我尽力了 |
[35:31] | It’s not your job. You don’t pick losing candidates… | 这不是你的工作 你不能帮助劣势的参选人 |
[35:34] | …and usher them to their principled end. | 把他们变成有操守的圣人 |
[35:36] | You’re the guy who takes good men and makes them great. | 你应该找个好人让他们更伟大 |
[35:39] | You and Josh still think you’re barking at the heels of the party. | 你和乔西依然认为 自己该鞭策党 |
[35:42] | You are the party. | 你就是党耶 |
[35:45] | Rafferty’s a spoiler. Shouldn’t be in the race. | 劳夫提是拆台者,不能加入选战 |
[35:48] | – I’m not sitting this one out. – Don’t. | 我不会坐视不管 你可以管 |
[35:50] | But don’t pretend you’re still an outsider with a ponytail and a dream. | 但别假装你还是个有梦想的外人 |
[35:53] | You work in the White House. | 你已经在白宫工作了 |
[36:02] | Your brother didn’t have any more fight in him. | 你哥已经失去斗志 |
[36:09] | You still do. | 你还有 |
[36:15] | You’re gonna be here between Clarkson and Rafferty. | 你会站在克拉克和劳夫提之间 |
[36:18] | The president comes up, everybody holds hands, picture, and we’re gone. | 总统出来,大家握手 接著拍照,然后走人 |
[36:22] | The president’s between Russell and Hoynes. | 总统站在罗素和何尼斯中间 |
[36:24] | – Everybody’s in. – I’m second to left. | 所有人都来了 我排在左边第二个 |
[36:26] | You don’t have a problem with this symbolism? | 这含意你可以接受吗? |
[36:28] | Second only to Rafferty, who’s all the way to the left. | 对劳夫提是第二 瞧谁站在最左边 |
[36:31] | You’re a Democrat. Left is not a crime. Liberal is not a dirty word. | 你是民主党员,左边不是罪恶 自由不是脏字 |
[36:34] | We got New Hampshire because people responded to your policies. | 拿下新罕布夏州 是因为人们喜欢你的政策 |
[36:37] | The temptation to grab at center is only gonna grow. | 站在中心的吸引力只会越来越大 |
[36:40] | – Remember where you came from. – I can’t remember. | 记住你的出身就好 我忘了 |
[36:43] | – I’m sorry. I didn’t mean… – I was born a poor black child. | 抱歉,我不是指… 我出身自黑人穷小孩 |
[36:46] | – Close, but no. – If you shake hands with the president… | 很接近但不对 跟总统握手的时候 |
[36:49] | …hang on as long as possible, give cameras a chance to get it. | 握越久越好,让摄影机有机会拍 |
[36:52] | – I was born on the bayou? – That’s not it either. | 我在海湾出身的? 也不对 |
[36:55] | Matt Santos. Good to meet you. | 麦修山多斯,很高兴见到你 |
[36:57] | – Half an hour of grip and grin, that’s it. – Grin, really. I’m not supposed to grip. | 你只要握手、微笑半小时就好 微笑可以,不应该握手 |
[37:01] | – You’re leaving before the speeches… – In deference to my health. | 演讲前你会先离开 为了我的健康著想 |
[37:05] | There’s an excuse we could have started using years ago. | 这个借口早该在几年前就开始用 |
[37:08] | I found a few people who aren’t connected to any of the campaigns. | 我发现有几个人和助选阵营无关 |
[37:11] | – You should focus attention on them. – You made a list? | 你们应该注意他们 妳列了清单? |
[37:14] | – I’ll point them out. There are six. – I hope you’re on that list. | 我会指出来,一共六个人 希望妳有在名单上 |
[37:23] | You know what? We should get a shot of… | 对了,我们应该拍一张… |
[37:26] | Can this be one of those nights we get sloshed… | 今晚我们可以四处游荡 |
[37:28] | – …and forget we work together? – Wow, that would be lovely. | 忘记我们是同事吗? 这样就太好了 |
[37:32] | Josh is here. | 乔西也来了 |
[37:33] | If you’re gonna go at it again, let me know in time to put some money on it. | 如果又要打架,记得通知我下注 |
[37:37] | I’m gonna go downstairs to the bar for a while. | 我要去楼下的酒吧 |
[37:40] | Yell if you need me. | 有需要就叫我 |
[37:42] | – C.J. – Cliff. | 茜洁 克里夫 |
[37:44] | I was summoned again. It’s gotta stop. | 妳又传唤我了,请停止好吗? |
[37:47] | One gets drunk with the power. I’m hiring you to work in the White House. | 权高者不该喝醉 我要请你来白宫工作 |
[37:51] | I looked into what you said about desalination. You’ve got a point. | 我查过你说的去盐科技 你的确有理 |
[37:54] | I think you may be soulless, but we can work on that. | 你也许没心没肝,但这不成问题 |
[37:57] | – I turned you down. – Nobody turns us down. | 我已经拒绝妳了 没有人可以拒绝我们 |
[37:59] | We’re like the Mob, but less violent. | 我们就像非暴力的黑手党 |
[38:01] | Ultimately responsible for more death and destruction. Still… | 最后造成更多死伤,不过… |
[38:04] | – You don’t think I’m an odd choice? – We got a few months and a lot to do… | 请我不会很怪吗? 这几个月内有很多事情要做 |
[38:08] | …and I think you miss serving your country. | 之后你会怀念为国效力的感觉 |
[38:11] | Take a second and breathe. In a moment, you’re gonna wish you had. | 茜洁 深呼吸,否则你马上会后悔 |
[38:14] | Pardon me, sir. This is Cliff Calley. | 抱歉,长官,这位是克里夫科利 |
[38:16] | We had a great chat today about your water program. He’s a big fan. | 您的河流计划我们讨论地很愉快 他是支持者 |
[38:19] | – Good to meet you, Mr. Calley. – It’s an honor, sir… | 很高兴见到你,科利先生 我很荣幸,先生 |
[38:22] | …but I’m afraid Ms. Cregg may have slightly misrepresented my position. | 但恐怕我的论点 葛瑞小姐稍微说错了 |
[38:26] | C.J., he’s not a fan. The deal was you were to surround me with sycophants. | 茜洁,他不是支持者 难道妳带他来拍马屁 |
[38:30] | This is one of the six people you’re allowed to speak to. Take your time. | 他是你能交谈的六人之一 慢慢聊 |
[38:40] | Lookie, lookie. I thought you weren’t coming. | 瞧瞧是谁来了,我以为妳不来了 |
[38:43] | Yeah. Me too. | 我也是 |
[38:44] | – It’s time to get back in the pool. – Good for you. Sorry I couldn’t help. | 该是回到场子的时候 没错,抱歉我没帮上忙 |
[38:49] | Once upon a time, I did this all by myself. | 很久以前,我还一个人来 |
[38:58] | – Hi. – Evening. | 妳好 晚安 |
[39:00] | – What can I get you? – A glass of red, please. Whatever’s open. | 需要点什么? 一杯红酒,牌子随便就好 |
[39:15] | – Pathetic. – Avoid the Swiss. | 真可悲 不要吃瑞士乳酪 |
[39:17] | As a general rule? | 这是总则吗? |
[39:18] | I didn’t know they made you come to these. | 我不知道他们也要妳来参加 |
[39:20] | – I take an interest. – Really? | 是我自己有兴趣 真的? |
[39:22] | Change of scenery. No reason for being here. | 只想转换心情,没特别原因 |
[39:25] | – Let’s keep it between us. – No problem. | 不要告诉别人 没问题 |
[39:27] | I’m on my 82nd of what’s bound to be 350 identical conversations. | 这是我在350种预料对谈中 第82次对话 |
[39:30] | – I think I’m losing my voice. – That’s awful. | 我的声音快哑了 真糟糕 |
[39:33] | Mind if I stand here and pretend we’re talking… | 我站在这假装我们在聊天 |
[39:36] | – …but we actually don’t? – Sure. | 但其实没有,可以吗? 好啊 |
[40:19] | You sound like a guy formulating an exit strategy. | 你听起来像在构思解套策略 |
[40:23] | – I don’t know. Could be. – Can’t say I’m entirely surprised. | 我不知道,大概吧 我不感到惊讶 |
[40:28] | Senator Rafferty? They’re ready for you upstairs. | 劳夫提参议员,楼上在等妳了 |
[40:31] | I’ll be right there. Thank you. | 我马上去,谢谢 |
[40:37] | I think you said some things this country needs to hear. | 我想妳说了国家想听的话 |
[40:39] | You’ve established yourself as a national presence. | 妳已经成为代表国家的人物 |
[40:42] | You step out before Super Tuesday… | 超级星期二前,妳站出来 |
[40:45] | …before anybody’s shot at a nomination is foiled… | 在提名已定之前 |
[40:48] | …by what would be considered a spoiler… | 在被认定为拆台者前… |
[40:52] | …maybe there’s a vice presidency in this for you. | 也许还有当副总统的机会 |
[40:55] | I’m not pulling out before South Carolina. | 南卡罗莱纳州竞选前,我不会退出 |
[40:57] | – I did this to make a point. – Absolutely. | 我这么做有我的道理 那当然 |
[40:59] | And I wanna make sure that everybody’s heard it. | 我要让所有人听见 |
[41:02] | – I certainly never… – I’ve gotta step out now. | 我从来不想… 我得退出了 |
[41:09] | Yeah. | 好 |
[41:12] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[41:16] | I’m gonna finish my drink. You’ve got my number if you need it. | 我要把酒喝完 若需要我,妳有我的号码 |
[41:19] | Yeah, I do. | 嗯,我有 |
[41:23] | Put them on. Let me see. | 戴上去我看看 |
[41:32] | Looks good. | 很好看 |
[41:34] | Makes you look smart. | 看起来很聪明 |
[41:37] | I thought I looked smart before. | 我以为本来看起来很聪明了 |
[41:43] | So did I. | 我也以为 |