时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[00:06] | On December 16th, we lost our dear friend and colleague, John Spencer. | 十二月十六号 我们失去了我们的同事和亲爱的朋友 |
[00:10] | Through our shock and grief, | 我们沉浸在震惊和深深的伤心中 |
[00:12] | we can think of no more fitting memorial to this wonderful man, | 没有什么言辞能够描述这位杰出的人士 伟大的演员 |
[00:15] | this extraordinary actor, than to share with you, beginning tonight, | 在今夜 伴随着悲伤 |
[00:19] | the last few months of his work here on The West Wing. | 与您共享他最后几个月在The West Wing中的表演 |
[00:22] | Johnny, it seems we hardly knew you. | Johnny 看起来我们并不了解你 |
[00:24] | We love you and we miss you. | 我们爱你 想你 |
[01:07] | THE WEST WING 7×10 RUNNING MATES Original air date: 01/08/2005 | |
[01:12] | Health care in this country is a mess. | 这个国家的卫生保健简直是一团糟 |
[01:15] | Wait, it’s “health care is broken.” | 等等 应该是”卫生保健出了问题” |
[01:18] | I think “mess” is better. | 我觉得”一团糟”更加合适 |
[01:19] | I know “broken” is what we have a line for but we should work the word “mess” in. | 我知道“出了问题”是我们界定的 但是加上“一团糟”好点 |
[01:23] | Let’s start again. | 重新来过 |
[01:25] | Health care is a mess. The system is broken. | 卫生保健一团糟,这个系统出了问题 |
[01:27] | “Broke”? | 会不会”瘫痪”更加合适? |
[01:28] | “Broken.” It’s what they agreed on. | “出了问题” 我们已经商量过了 |
[01:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:31] | No, no. | 没关系 |
[01:33] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:33] | What’d you say, “broke” or “broken”? | 你要选择怎样的用词呢? “瘫痪” 或者 “出了问题 “? |
[01:34] | “Broken.” It sets up the bite better. | “出了问题.” 这样看起来没有那么强的攻击性. |
[01:37] | Health care in this country is broken, and the Republican Congress’s attitude is… | 这个国家的卫生保健出了问题 但是共和党人控制的议会态度是…… |
[01:43] | “seems to be”? “Is,” “is” is stronger. | “好像是”会不会好点? “是”,这样语气更强 |
[01:46] | The Republican Congress… | 共和党人的议会… |
[01:49] | Congressional Republicans?… | “议会中的共和党人”好点? |
[01:51] | The Republican Congress’s attitude is “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” | 共和党人的议会说它不瘫痪,就用不着修了 |
[01:55] | Ah! | 阿! |
[01:57] | “Is broke.” | 应该是”瘫痪了” |
[01:59] | I can’t believe I screwed it up. | 真难相信我搞砸了 |
[02:01] | Idiot! I screwed the line up. | 我真是白痴,我搞错了 |
[02:03] | Leo, it’s all right. | Leo 没关系 |
[02:04] | The Republican Congress’s attitude seems to be… | 共和党人的议会态度好像是 |
[02:08] | is. | 不对,是“是” |
[02:13] | The Republican Congress’s attitude is “If it is broke, don’t fix it.” | 共和党人的议会态度是 如果它已经瘫痪了,就不用去修了 |
[02:17] | No, wait. | 等等 |
[02:18] | That’s it. | 就是这样啊 |
[02:20] | That didn’t sound right. | 但是听起来一点不对 |
[02:20] | That’s the line. | 我们就是这么限定的 |
[02:21] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[02:22] | That was it. | 我们这么商量的 |
[02:23] | – Really? – Uh-huh. | – 真的? – 对. |
[02:26] | Hallelujah. | 好吧. |
[02:28] | Anybody got a cigarette? | 有人有香烟不? |
[02:30] | We just started. | 我们刚开始. |
[02:31] | I know. I’d like to smoke it and then have someone shoot me. | 我知道 我想抽支 会有人杀了我的 |
[02:35] | I’m sorry. | 对不起啦 |
[02:35] | No, it’s fine. That’s what this is for. | 没关系,应该这样的 |
[02:37] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[02:38] | Governor Sullivan, your response. | Sullivan 官员 轮到你了 |
[02:40] | Mr. McGarry keeps falling back on the same trick. | McGarry 先生每次都在说同样的论调 |
[02:43] | If it’s something good that’s happened in the last eight years, | 如果过去八年中有做得好的事情 |
[02:45] | he touts his service in the Bartlet White House. | 他归功于白宫 |
[02:47] | When it’s something he disapproves of, he lays the blame on the Republican Congress. | 如果有什么事他不赞成 他会说全都是共和党人议会的责任 |
[02:51] | Now, I submit that if the health care system is “broken,” it happened on his watch. | 现在 我总结成为在他的时间表里 我们的卫生系统出了问题 |
[02:56] | If your repairman can’t fix something after 8 years of trying, | 如果你的人花了八年的时间还是没能整顿好 |
[03:00] | I think the American people realize it’s time to try someone else. | 我觉得美国人民是时候考虑换人了 |
[03:06] | Mr. McGarry? | McGarry先生? |
[03:09] | Mr. McGarry? | McGarry 先生? |
[03:11] | I need a… | 我需要…… |
[03:12] | boy, that’s a good answer. | 这个回答不错 |
[03:13] | I’m going to need a… | 我需要…… |
[03:15] | this “broke” thing is a trap, isn’t it? | 这个事就是个陷阱 对吧? |
[03:18] | I’m just leading with… | 我正在想.. |
[03:19] | I’m leading with my chin here. These canned… | 我正在思考 这些录下的… |
[03:21] | pre-canned… | 模拟的… |
[03:26] | Can we take a break? | 我们休息会吧? |
[03:30] | Yeah, Josh? | 好的 Josh? |
[03:31] | About the VP debate Sunday, we may have a problem. | 关于副总统星期天的电视辩论 我们可能有问题了 |
[04:25] | He understands this is his last trip home until the election, right? | 他知道这是他选举之前最后一次回家了吧? 应该知道吧? |
[04:28] | No idea; does he? | 我不知道 他知道吗? |
[04:29] | Let me put it another way: | 好吧 换个方式说 |
[04:31] | tell him this is his last trip home until the election. | 告诉他 这是他选举之前最后一次回家了 |
[04:33] | You didn’t tell him? | 你还没告诉他? |
[04:34] | Not in so many words. | 没有明确说 |
[04:35] | In any words? | 什么都没说过? |
[04:36] | Tell me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[04:37] | Josh says this is your last trip home until the election. | Josh 说这是你选举之前最后一次回家了 |
[04:39] | Donna! | |
[04:40] | What? | 什么? |
[04:41] | Some deftness, a little finesse. | 用点技巧 委婉点 |
[04:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:44] | He knows. | 他知道 |
[04:45] | That’s not the point. | 这个不是主要问题 |
[04:46] | Tell Josh to chill. | 告诉Josh冷静点 |
[04:48] | Josh, chill. | Josh 冷静 |
[04:49] | Did you just tell me to chill? | 你告诉我要冷静? |
[04:50] | It would appear so. | 好像是的 |
[04:51] | Is it somehow not clear that I’m your boss? | 难道不清楚我是你的老板吗 |
[04:53] | Congressman’s recommendation. | 议员的建议 |
[04:55] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:56] | To which I heartily concur. | 我非常关心 |
[04:57] | Yeah, I don’t think you tell me to chill. | 我觉得你不用告诉我要冷静 |
[04:59] | I wanted to scream it everyday for eight years. | 我这八年每天都想叫唤 |
[05:01] | Whatever inhibition prevented you, summon it. | 不管你有多压抑 振作起来 |
[05:04] | It’s here. | 她来了 |
[05:05] | I’ve got to go. | 我必须走了 |
[05:06] | How does Lou look? | Lou 看起来怎么样? |
[05:07] | Like she always does. | 就是她平时的样子 |
[05:08] | It’d be kind of butch on me, but Lou makes it work. | 我觉得她看起来太像男生了 不过Lou做的不错 |
[05:10] | Does she look happy, worried? | 她看起来高兴吗?担心吗? |
[05:12] | Uh, stricken might be the word. | 恩 看起来像被打了 |
[05:13] | Hyperbole, right? | 夸张了吧? |
[05:14] | Your well-known predilection for panic and exaggeration. | 你应该分的清 什么是夸张什么是真的有问题 |
[05:17] | I don’t have a predilection for panic and exaggeration. | 我看不出来 |
[05:19] | For the purposes of this moment, let’s stipulate that you do. | 为了保证结果,我们必须规定你会做什么 |
[05:23] | Is it really that bad? | 真的有那么糟糕? |
[05:26] | No. It’s worse. | 不 更加糟 |
[05:30] | Why won’t you and Congressman Santos commit to a pledge not to raise taxes? | 为什么你和 Santos 议员 不发誓保证不提高税率呢 |
[05:33] | Because it’s a lie. | 因为那是个谎话 |
[05:35] | Is my opponent calling Senator Vinick and myself liars? | 我的对手的意思是不是Vinick议员 和我自己是说谎的人呢 |
[05:38] | The American people want the services government provides. | 美国人民希望真正得到政府提供的 那些服务 |
[05:42] | They cost money and have to be paid for. | 他们花了钱 必须得到应该得到的 |
[05:45] | We’re running on acceptable deficits as it is. | 我们在可以接受的赤字范围内活动. |
[05:47] | He gets better, yes? | 他好点了 不是吗 |
[05:48] | This is the high-water mark. | 这是最好的部分了 |
[05:50] | Switch it off. | 关了它 |
[05:59] | What? | 什么? |
[06:00] | Sullivan’s a killer. The kid did what he had to do. | Sullivan是个杀手 那孩子做了他应该做的 |
[06:02] | The rest of it’s really that bad? | 剩下的真有那么糟糕? |
[06:05] | Watch it. | 看看. |
[06:06] | Can you fix it? | 你能搞定吗 ? |
[06:07] | We have to. The debate’s in two days. | 必须得搞定. 辩论两天后就开始了. |
[06:09] | Anybody breaths a word of this to the outside, I will devise a punishment that would make blanch. | 任何人敢跟外界透露一个字 我会做出很严重的惩罚的 |
[06:14] | Why not leak it? | 为什么不能说? |
[06:15] | Play the expectations game. | 降低期望的游戏 |
[06:16] | That doesn’t work when you lower expectations and your guy meets them. | 当你降低期望值而你的人只能达到低期望时 这种把戏没用的 |
[06:22] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[06:23] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[06:26] | It’s Leo, line two. | Leo,线路2 |
[06:36] | – Hey. | – Hey. -嘿. -嘿. |
[06:38] | So? | 那么? |
[06:39] | I never got to see it. | 我还没看过呢. |
[06:41] | The machine ate the tape. | 机器卡带了. |
[06:44] | You didn’t see any of it? | 什么都没看到? |
[06:45] | No, the damned thing just fried. | 是的 机器烧了 |
[06:48] | Smoke and everything; | 抽烟阿什么的 |
[06:49] | I was worried it was going to set off the sprinklers. | 我觉得它肯定把烟雾报警器触发了 |
[06:51] | Was that the only copy? | 只有一份拷贝? |
[06:53] | I’d love to review it. | 我想看看自己的表现. |
[06:54] | Yeah, it’s the only copy. | 可惜 只有一份. |
[06:56] | That’s too bad. | 太糟了. |
[06:59] | So… what was the report? | 那报告呢? |
[07:01] | Uh, it was good. | 恩 还行 |
[07:02] | Some bumps… in spots. | 有些点上还有问题 |
[07:06] | Some things to work on; that’s what debate prep is for. | 有些事还要继续讨论 这就是我们为什么 做辩论准备 |
[07:09] | We’ll fine tune tomorrow. | 我们明天能弄好的. |
[07:11] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[07:12] | Get some rest. | 休息会吧. |
[07:14] | I need you to look pretty for 20 million TV viewers. | 我需要你在两千万电视观众面前 保持最帅的状态 |
[07:16] | If that’s what we’re counting on, the campaign’s doomed. | 如果我们指望这个,那这个辩论完了 |
[07:19] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[07:52] | We should let them set up. We want pictures. | 我们要让他们准备好 我们需要照片 |
[07:54] | The candidate’s return. | 总统候选人回家了 |
[07:55] | Reconnecting to his loving, photogenic family. | 重新看到他上镜的,美丽的全家 |
[07:57] | Because God forbid any normal human behaviour should go unpoliticized. | 上帝不允许任何不恰当的行为 |
[08:01] | Vinick’s kids are approaching menopause. | Vinick的孩子看起来冷漠的很 |
[08:03] | We want to get some heartwarming footage of your adorable children hugging their hale and vital dad. | 我们需要一些温暖人心的照片 看看孩子们是怎么拥抱他们健壮的重要的父亲的 |
[08:09] | Vital. | 重要的 |
[08:10] | A subliminal reminder that actuarially, | 一种下意识的说法 |
[08:12] | you’re far less likely to keel over in the Rose Garden than your esteemed opponent. | 比起你令人尊敬的对手来说 在家庭这方面 你比他强多了 |
[08:15] | They’re set. | 他们准备好了 |
[08:16] | Out on the lawn? It makes a pretty picture. | 在草坪上? 这样画面不错 |
[08:26] | Hey, how you doing, how you doing! Buddy, what’s happening?! How are you? | 嘿,你好吗,你好吗 Buddy 出什么事啦 你好吗? |
[08:31] | Take it easy. He’s not feeling well. | 放松点 他有点生病. |
[08:33] | Oh, really? What’s wrong, buddy? | 是吗? 怎么啦 buddy? |
[08:34] | I’ve got a cold. | 我感冒了. |
[08:36] | – Thank you for that gift. – Sweetheart! | – 谢谢你的礼物. – 甜心 ! |
[08:38] | Hey, sweetie. | 嗨,甜心. |
[08:39] | Welcome home, Daddy. | 爸爸 欢迎回家. |
[08:41] | Oh, thank you, angel. It’s good to be home. | 谢谢 小天使 回家感觉真好 |
[08:43] | My throat’s scratchy. | 我喉咙痛. |
[08:44] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[08:45] | – Hi. – How are you? | – 嗨. -你好吗 ? |
[08:47] | I had a little touch of ebola, but I think I’m over the worst of it. | 哦 我也生病了 不过我想现在好多了 |
[08:49] | OK. | 好的. |
[08:50] | Hi, guys. How’s it going? | 嗨 怎么样 |
[08:54] | We’re looking over their shoulder. | 我们 |
[08:56] | Hey, we’ve got movement in Illinois, solidifying nicely in New Jersey, | 我们在Illinois 有活动 在 New Jersey 巩固的不错 |
[09:01] | trending well in Florida. | Florida形势不错 |
[09:02] | Mention Illinois. | 提到 Illinois. |
[09:04] | I think it’s definitely tightening up. | 我觉得它的气氛已经紧张了 |
[09:07] | Yeah. Well, fortunately, there’s nothing less impactful than the VP debate. | 还好 什么事都比副总统辩论重要 |
[09:11] | I shouldn’t hurt us too bad. | 我应该不会做得太糟的 |
[09:13] | Okay, Bob, talk to you soon. | 好的 Bob 一会再说 |
[09:16] | When I was in business, all I talked was politics. | 当我在做买卖时 我的话题都是有关政治的. |
[09:19] | Now that I’m running for office, all I talk is money. | 现在我参加竞选 所有我说的都是钱的问题了 |
[09:21] | Shake some loose? | 有没有放松点? |
[09:22] | We’ll see. | 看着吧 |
[09:26] | So, how did I do? | 那么 我做的怎么样? |
[09:28] | The mock debate? | 模拟辩论? |
[09:30] | I don’t think I have the standing to critique the substance. | 我觉得我没什么资格批评你 |
[09:33] | Artful dodge. | 狡猾的推托 |
[09:35] | Uncharacteristic, your usual conversation mode tending more toward blunt instrument. | 没什么特点 你平时的说话可不是这样的 |
[09:41] | On style, then. | 那么就是 风格问题? |
[09:42] | Oh, that was horrible. | 太不行了 |
[09:43] | There’s the cudgel. | 我被打击了 |
[09:44] | But we can relax your posture, relocate your voice, corral that fidgeting, | 我们可以让你放松点 重新搞一下声音 把不安抛到脑后 |
[09:48] | and knock some years off. | 并且看起来年轻点 |
[09:49] | Not again with the Botox. | 别再弄拉 |
[09:51] | Hair and makeup room: man’s best friend. | 发型和化妆室: 男人最好的朋友. |
[09:53] | Plan to spend some time there. | 考虑花点时间在那里 |
[09:55] | It’s a hair and makeup room. It’s not a time machine. | 那只是个化妆室 不是时间机器 |
[09:57] | None of this is your problem. | (老)又不是你的问题 |
[09:59] | You’re going to tell me what is. | 你要告诉我我的问题是什么 |
[10:02] | Your smirk. | 你的假笑 |
[10:04] | My what? | 我的什么? |
[10:04] | Yeah, you’re doing it now. | 你看 你现在就在做 |
[10:06] | No, I’m not. | 没有 我没有 |
[10:07] | It’s your default expression, Leo. | 这是一种不负责任的表情 LLeo |
[10:09] | What are you talk…? | 你说什么…? |
[10:12] | That’s a scowl. | 这是个表示担心的表情. |
[10:13] | I’m scowling, which is, in itself, probably not great. | 我很担心 也许 不是很合适 |
[10:19] | That’s the way my mouth forms. | 这时 我嘴巴就是这样的 |
[10:21] | From decades of smirking. | 好多假笑 |
[10:24] | In the right context, extremely effective; commanding, reassuring, even devastatingly sexy. | 在正确的场合 肯定是有用的 有领导力的 可靠的 而且很性感 |
[10:29] | Sexy? | 性感? |
[10:30] | In the right context. | 正确的时候 |
[10:31] | In a debate, under the best of circumstances it reads as smug and condescending. | 但是在辩论的时候 它会显得自鸣得意的 故意装着谦虚 |
[10:35] | In the context where you’re getting waxed by your opponent it comes off | 当你的对手会夸大你的缺点时 |
[10:39] | as clueless, defensive, and not a little pathetic. | 就会是无能的 防卫的 很可悲的了 |
[10:43] | You seem to have graduated from cudgel to bludgeon. | 你听上去像从打击学校毕业的 |
[10:46] | But we’re going to fix it. | 我们会改正好的 |
[10:47] | Are we? | 我们可以吗? |
[10:51] | There… you’re scowling again. | 你看 又是这副表情. |
[10:53] | I wonder why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[10:54] | Mr. McGarry, can you explain why, after eight years of the Bartlet presidency, | McGarry 先生 八年Bartlet当政时期中 |
[10:58] | health care costs have exploded? | 为什么卫生医疗的费用不断攀升 |
[11:00] | Three little words: the Republican Congress. | 很简单: 共和党人的议会. |
[11:02] | Ehhhh. | 嗯. |
[11:03] | Now that calls for a little smirk as underlining punctuation. | 这里有一点假笑 保证记住 |
[11:07] | It depends: you want to come off as wise or wise-ass? | 好吧 你想做个聪明的人还是 聪明的驴? |
[11:10] | I wasn’t done. | 我什么都没做 |
[11:11] | Finish. | 结束 |
[11:13] | – Give the Santos-McGarry Administration… – No, the whole thing. | – 考虑到Santos-McGarry的政府 – 不是 所有的一切 |
[11:16] | Why has the cost of health care exploded under Bartlet? Go. | 为什么你会觉得你们执政时的医疗费用 会比Bartlet当政时低 |
[11:22] | Three little words: the Republican Congress. | 非常简单: 共和党人的议会 |
[11:25] | Give the Santos-McGarry Administration a Democratic Congressional majority, | 如果Santos-McGarry 政府时期内 民主党人能够控制议会 |
[11:30] | we’ll bring health costs under control our first year in office. | 我们能在入主白宫的 第一年就把医疗花费降下来 |
[11:37] | You’re doing it again. | 你又来了 |
[11:38] | I am not! | 我没有 |
[11:39] | Leo. | |
[11:41] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[11:44] | You want to lose those, clear to the knuckle? | 你想要把这些全清除掉? |
[11:45] | I want to see this, not this. | 我想看到这样的 而不是这样的 |
[11:48] | What my life has come to. | 我一辈子都是这样的 |
[11:49] | And it wouldn’t kill you to throw in a few specifics. | 扔掉些细节不会杀了你的 |
[11:52] | I thought you didn’t do content. | 我觉得你还是不会满意的 |
[11:53] | Ah-ah-ah. | 阿 |
[11:58] | Hey. Looking for me? | 嘿 找我吗? |
[12:00] | I’ve got a minute. | 我有一分钟. |
[12:01] | Can you brief me on this Kazakhstan situation? | 你能就哈萨克问题给我个简短的说明吗? |
[12:03] | The press is starting to ask me more questions than I have answers. | 媒体问我的问题 我都没有答案. |
[12:05] | Sure. What do you want to know? | 好吧 你想知道什么? |
[12:06] | Has a deal been structured to keep Chinese troops on their side of the border? | 有没有起草个协定来限制 中国方面在自己国境线内的调兵 |
[12:09] | That’s classified. | 保密的. |
[12:09] | So if there was a deal, the details would be…? | 如果有这样个协定 细节是…? |
[12:11] | Also classified, if there were details. | 同样保密, 如果有细节的话. |
[12:13] | – If there was a deal, which is… – Classified. | – 如果已经有了协议,那么哪个?… – 保密. |
[12:14] | As you said. Have elections been rescheduled? | 你的意思是选举改期? |
[12:16] | In Kazakhstan? | 哈萨克? |
[12:17] | That’s our subject. | 我们在说这个阿. |
[12:18] | Also classified, although for the life of me I can’t imagine why. | 同样保密 虽然我一辈子也想不出来为什么 |
[12:21] | – You’re enjoying this, aren’t you? – Not really, no. | – 你很喜欢这样 是吗 – 不是吧 不是 |
[12:23] | Have the parties agreed to U.N. monitors in this election that may or may not be rescheduled? | 那些党派有没有和联合国监控达成共识 保证这次选举延期还是不延期 |
[12:27] | Classified. | 保密. |
[12:28] | You’re just playing with me now. | 你在玩我. |
[12:29] | Honestly, I’m not. | 真的没有 |
[12:30] | Is the subject of monitors being discussed? | 联合国监控已经讨论过了? |
[12:35] | It’s in the papers it is. | 书面上是这么说的. |
[12:36] | They didn’t hear it from us. | 不是我们说的 |
[12:37] | So, it’s being considered… debated, negotiated… anywhere, by anyone? | 那么 它已经在考虑中?辩论中?协商中?… 什么人?什么地方? |
[12:42] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[12:44] | It makes you feel powerful. “I am woman, hear me withhold.” | 这样让你感觉很强大 “我是个女人 看我多有力量.” |
[12:46] | – It’s not like that. – A little. | – 并不是这样的. – 有一点. |
[12:48] | – At moments. – This moment? | – 有些时候. – 现在? |
[12:49] | – A bit. – It’s disturbingly compelling. | – 一点点 – 真让人不安. |
[12:52] | – What’s that say about you? – Nothing good. | – 这个不是有人用来说你的? – 没什么好事 |
[12:55] | Well, I want to thank you for all the illuminating help. | 好吧 感谢你所有这些有启发性的回答 |
[12:57] | Anytime. | 随时乐意帮忙 |
[13:02] | It’s nice to be home; a little semblance of normalcy. | 回家感觉真好; 终于感觉有点正常了 |
[13:05] | Normalcy ain’t what it used to be. | 不是以前意义上的正常了 |
[13:07] | Well, I’m sorry about all of this. | 我对所有的这些感到抱歉. |
[13:10] | Small price to pay to have you home. | 为了重新让你回到家 必须要付的一点点代价而已 |
[13:12] | So, the Secret Service guys, they’re okay? They stay outside? | 那么 那些秘密机构的保镖 他们还好吗? 他们就一直呆在外面? |
[13:15] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[13:16] | All the neighbors, they’re alright with guys with dark glasses posted around the house? | 我们的邻居 他们看到门外这些带着墨镜的家伙 感觉会好吗? |
[13:19] | Are you kidding? They now live on the safest block in America. | 你在开玩笑吗? 他们现在住在全美最安全的街区. |
[13:27] | Sir, did you want to go somewhere? | 先生 你要到哪去? |
[13:28] | I was just going to get the mail. | 我只是想去邮箱 |
[13:29] | Of course, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[13:30] | We’ll just need a few minutes to shut down the street. | 我们需要一点时间来戒严街道 |
[13:32] | To walk to the mailbox? | 就为了去邮箱这么远的路? |
[13:33] | Anytime you go into the front yard. | 只要你走到前面的院子里. |
[13:36] | Do you really need to get into all that? | 真的需要这么干吗? |
[13:37] | I’m afraid so, sir. | 我恐怕是的 先生. |
[13:39] | That’s okay. | 好吧. |
[13:41] | Never mind. | 别介意. |
[13:43] | We’ll get someone to retrieve the mail for you. | 我们会叫人拿信给您 |
[13:45] | Fine. | 好的 |
[13:46] | Then it’ll need to be screened. | 信拿到后需要先检查 |
[13:48] | Do whatever you have to do. | 做那些你需要做得吧 |
[13:52] | What’s that noise? | 哪来的噪声? |
[13:53] | Those are our vehicles. We keep their engines running. | 我们的车 我们需要保持引擎开着 |
[13:56] | The neighbors must love that. | 邻居肯定会喜欢这个的 |
[13:57] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[14:03] | “McGarry Debate Debacle”? Where did he get this? | “McGarry的辩论完蛋了”? 他从那拿到这个? |
[14:06] | Who knows how these bloggers get their information. | 谁知道那些博客从哪里得到的消息 |
[14:08] | Considering he has all the gory details, I’d have to say it was from one of us. | 考虑到他知道所有血淋淋的事实 我只能说是我们其中的一个透露的消息 |
[14:12] | Don’t say us, when you mean you. | 别说我们 当你说的就是你的时候. |
[14:13] | I didn’t leak anything. | 我没透露任何事 |
[14:14] | Me neither. | 我也没有 |
[14:15] | I’m this far from ordering polygraph tests. | 我正在分析各种测试结果 |
[14:18] | Nobody mention this to Leo. | 别告诉 Leo. |
[14:19] | His confidence is shaky as it is. | 他的信心本来就够弱的了 |
[14:23] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[14:25] | You see this? | 你看到这个了? |
[14:28] | I heard… something about it, yeah. | 我知道点 |
[14:32] | Let’s get started. We evidently have some work to do. | 我们开始吧 明显的 我们有事要做 |
[14:44] | Well, for the record, we discount this blog report as the transparent ploy it so obviously is: | 从报告看 我们不能太信博客上的话 我们要当那些说法不存在 |
[14:48] | old as politics. | 就像一贯搞政治一样 |
[14:49] | We fully expect Leo McGarry to be a fierce and formidable debate opponent. | 我们要认为 Leo McGarry 是一个凶猛的强大的辩论对手 |
[14:54] | Off the record? | 不用上报告的说法? |
[14:55] | I think you can sum up the mood here at Vinick-Sullivan headquarters as “yippee.” | 总结来说 Vinick-Sullivan的指挥部的心情很好 |
[14:58] | Yeah, thanks, Harv. | 好的 谢谢你 Harv. |
[15:01] | Everyone’s got it. | 每个人都知道了 |
[15:03] | God bless the Internet. | 上帝保佑因特网 |
[15:04] | It giveth and it taketh away. | 它贡献资料 并且散发出去. |
[15:06] | Well, it’s giving with both hands on this baby. | 传得还真快 |
[15:08] | Let’s not be overconfident. | 别太自信了 |
[15:10] | You know, the best thing about being warned about overconfidence is you have a hell of a reason | 你知道 警告自己不要过于自信的 最好的方式就是 |
[15:15] | to feel pretty damn confidant. | 有很多真正值得自信的理由 |
[15:16] | I’m not going to be lulled by this. McGarry is verbal and tough. | 我不会被这个麻醉的 McGarry 又会说话又强硬 |
[15:20] | It’s one thing to argue behind the scenes. | 这件事需要私下好好讨论下 |
[15:22] | It’s a whole other ball game doing it in a debate setting. | 在辩论中还有好多事需要考虑 |
[15:25] | Concerned about presentation and tone… | 考虑到陈述还有腔调… |
[15:27] | Clarity. | 要清晰. |
[15:28] | Concision. | 简洁. |
[15:29] | It’s hard enough for veteran politicians, let alone a neophyte like McGarry. | 要个政治老手来对付 McGarry这样的新人还是很难的 |
[15:32] | Leo’s no neophyte. | Leo不是个新手 |
[15:34] | At being a candidate, he is. | 对于做候选人来说 是的 |
[15:36] | You can go balls to the wall all you like in private with the President. | 私下里 你随便怎么跟总统讨论问题 |
[15:39] | Try doing that in public on TV. | 但是在电视镜头前做这个 |
[15:41] | It scares the horses. | 是很可怕的 |
[15:42] | We go in just as hard, just as strong, just as focused. | 我们继续 就像我们一直关注的 要考虑到难的一面 |
[15:46] | You’ll wipe the floor with him. | 你要掩饰攻击他的行为 |
[15:47] | That was my plan regardless. | 我的计划中没有这个 |
[15:49] | If he’s really that bad, you might want to dial it back a notch. | 如果他真有那么差 你得悠着点 |
[15:51] | You don’t want me to look like a bully? | 你不希望我看起来太恃强凌弱? |
[15:53] | The trick is to beat his brains in without making people feel sorry for the guy. | 要点在于要很很的打击他 同时让观众觉得他一点不可怜 |
[15:56] | Well, let’s get to work. | 好吧 我们开始工作. |
[15:58] | So, what speech am I giving? | 那么 我要给出什么样的演讲? |
[15:59] | Plus the fundraising appeal? | 除了筹款的那个? |
[16:00] | – Mm. – Modified stump. | – 恩. – 修改修改剩下的 |
[16:01] | Modified? | 修改? |
[16:02] | Shorter. | 更短点. |
[16:03] | Less filling, tastes great. | 更简洁 不错啊 |
[16:04] | Hopefully. | 希望如此 |
[16:06] | It’s Houston. These people know you. | 这是 Houston.人们都熟悉你 |
[16:07] | They’re sick of hearing me talk. | 他们都听我说烦了 |
[16:08] | Conceivably. | 可信 |
[16:09] | Thank you for your support. | 谢谢支持 |
[16:10] | De nada. | |
[16:11] | Anybody speak Spanish here? | 有人会说西班牙语吗? |
[16:14] | You want to spend less time telling your friends what they already know | 你想花更少的时间来告诉你的朋友们 他们已经知道的 |
[16:16] | and more time looking them in the eye and asking for cash. | 然后用更多的时间盯着他们看 然后开口要钱 |
[16:20] | There’s a squirm factor we’re counting on. | 我们正指望他们呢 |
[16:22] | I could just hold ’em up-side down by the ankles and give them a good shake. | 我应该把他们倒过来 然后好好摇一下 |
[16:24] | We may be after more thank what they’ve got in their pockets. | 然后我们应该会感谢他们放在口袋里的 东西的 |
[16:27] | Hey, this is Houston. You never know. | 嘿 这就是 Houston. 你永远不知道的 |
[16:29] | It’s all about the dinero. | 所有的都是关于钱 |
[16:30] | That’s money, right? | 钱 对吧? |
[16:34] | Hey, remember: | 嘿 记住: |
[16:35] | we’re trying to build confidence, so hold back a little. | 我们在帮他建立信心 所以别太狠了 |
[16:39] | This is only useful if it’s real. Don’t hold back. | 别留一手 这样的模拟才会有效 |
[16:41] | Ready? | 准备好了? |
[16:43] | Where’s the camera? | 镜头呢? |
[16:44] | Uh, no taping. The only people who need to see it are right here. | 哦,不录像了 所有需要看的人都在这里了 |
[16:48] | No, for my own edification; review. | 不行 我自己需要看看表现如何 |
[16:50] | We don’t need you too self-conscious. | 我们不需要你太关注自己 |
[16:51] | No split focus: | 别注重细节 |
[16:52] | we want you to concentrate on your performance, not whether your forehead is shining. | 我们需要你集中精力在辩论上 而不是你的前额有多么的亮 |
[16:56] | For the record, your forehead is gorgeous. It’s actually making me hot. | 在录像里 你的额头实在太亮了 让我感觉好热阿 |
[17:00] | Let’s get started. | 开始吧 |
[17:01] | Mr. McGarry, the United States refuses to recognize the U.N. International Criminal Court’s jurisdiction as it applies to itself, | McGarry先生, 美国拒绝 同意建立联合国国际刑事法庭 |
[17:08] | yet implicitly seems to expect the rest of the world to submit to that body’s legal authority. | 实际上希望世界上所有的国家都 服从于人权 |
[17:13] | Isn’t this arrogant and hypocritical? | 难道不是自大的和伪善的? |
[17:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:21] | Congressional withholding of recognition of the ICC has been one of the factors | 国会拒绝承认国际刑事法庭 |
[17:26] | contributing to growing international resentment toward the United States. | 是全球对美国产生怨恨的一个原因 |
[17:30] | And I know the argument on the other side: | 从另一方面来说: |
[17:33] | because the U.S. regularly takes the leading role in military interventions overseas, | 因为美国总是 在海外派兵解决问题方面的领军人物 |
[17:38] | it leaves itself especially vulnerable to potentially illegitimate legal claims | 这样会使自己更容易受到行为非法 的指责: |
[17:44] | motivated solely by ideological or political animas with no countervailing checks and balances. | 没有任何的平衡或者协调措施 就用政治的或者意识形态方面的原因(进行攻击) |
[17:52] | But, to get back to our original position… | 但是 回到我们原来的位置…… |
[17:56] | The ICC requires the participation to have true legitimacy of the world’s remaining | 国际刑事法庭要求世界上剩下的 |
[18:02] | – superpower’s sole remaining… – Time. | – 超级大国的参与有真正的合法性 – 时间到 |
[18:14] | Lou? | |
[18:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:18] | That was good. | 还不错 |
[18:20] | You spent, perhaps, a little more time laying out the other side’s position rather than your own. | 你花了 更多的时间在说明对方的观点上 而不是阐述自己的 |
[18:24] | I felt that. | 我觉得也是 |
[18:24] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[18:26] | Good. And the language was a bit dense. | 好的 而且话太多了 |
[18:29] | Dense? | 太多了? |
[18:31] | Uh, help me out here. | 帮我说明下 |
[18:32] | Dense is good. | 话多点还行 |
[18:33] | It could be more plainspoken. | 你需要更加直接点 |
[18:35] | That’s it. | 是的 |
[18:36] | Plainspoken, exactly. | 直言不讳 的确 |
[18:37] | Plainspoken. | 直言不讳 |
[18:39] | Yes, Steve? | 那么 Steve? |
[18:40] | Do you have an update on the situation in Kazakhstan? | 你对哈萨克的时间有更新的消息吗 |
[18:43] | Things seem to be in a holding pattern. | 事情看起来没什么变化 |
[18:45] | Seem to be? | 看起来? |
[18:45] | I have no information to the contrary. | 我没收到任何反面的信息. |
[18:47] | Has a deal been reached to keep the Chinese and Russian troops from crossing their respective borders? | 中国和俄罗斯有没有在双方边界 纠集兵力一事达成某种协议? |
[18:52] | Not that I’m aware of at this time. | 据我所知现在没有 |
[18:53] | Is one currently being negotiated? | 那是不是正在协商中? |
[18:56] | I couldn’t say. | 我不能说 |
[18:57] | But you could say? | 那你可以说什么? |
[18:58] | I’m sorry. I should have said, | 我很抱歉 我应该说 |
[18:59] | “I have no knowledge of whether an agreement is being discussed or not.” | “我不知道是不是正在协商这件事” |
[19:02] | Are you just obfuscating here? | 你是不是故意使情况变得更混乱? |
[19:04] | Luckily for all of you if, perhaps not for the administration, should it ever come to that | 对你们来说混乱挺好的 也许对政府不是 什么好消息 |
[19:09] | I couldn’t possibly pull it off this convincingly. | 我没法让它更加可信 |
[19:12] | If it turns out we’re on the brink of World War III, this won’t seem quite so amusing. | 如果我们眼看着第三次世界大战爆发 那可没什么好玩的 |
[19:15] | In that horrible event, one might assume we’d all have more pressing concerns. Mark? | 在这么严重的情况下 我们应该认为需要更多的关注 Mark? |
[19:22] | There you are. | 你在这. |
[19:23] | We finally finished revising those stimulus numbers based upon that latest CBO package. | 我们终于根据国会预算草案 修订完了这些数据 |
[19:27] | Is that what you guys have been doing? | 这就是你的人在干的事? |
[19:28] | Every time I walked by there all I heard was people laughing. | 每次我经过你们那里 总是听到所有的人在笑 |
[19:31] | Well, we enjoy each other’s company. | 是的 我们很融洽 |
[19:33] | Evidently. | 明显的 |
[19:36] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[19:37] | It’s just that when you said you were coming home and spend time with the kids, | 我只是认为当你说你要回家 花点时间和孩子们在一起的时候 |
[19:40] | I just got the idea that perhaps you were going to spend some time with the kids. | 你真的是准备和孩子们好好相处的 |
[19:42] | I played with them this morning. | 我早上陪他们玩了 |
[19:44] | Practically handling them with tongs. | 就是抱了他们一会 |
[19:47] | I don’t want to get in their faces. They’re sick. | 我不想跟他们靠的太近 他们生病了 |
[19:48] | They have head colds. It’s unlikely you’ll start bleeding from the eyes. | 他们只是感冒了 你不会因此眼睛出血的 |
[19:52] | I’m in the middle of a Presidential campaign. | 我在竞选总统 |
[19:54] | That’s where you’ve been nights. | 对阿 所以你每晚都不在家 |
[19:55] | I know it’s been rough. | 我知道这个很难受 |
[19:59] | The kids being issued panic buttons and the house transformed into an armed camp? | 孩子成了应急按钮 房子变成了军营? |
[20:04] | A bit of an exaggeration. | 太夸张了吧 |
[20:07] | Do the windows in here look any different? | 这儿的窗子看起来有什么不一样吗? |
[20:11] | No, not really. | 没有 |
[20:15] | It’s amazing the natural look they can achieve now with bulletproof glass. | 对于装了防弹玻璃的窗户 这个景色已经很不错了 |
[20:20] | Labor Day, the barbeque: I had to provide the Secret Service with everyone’s names, Social Security numbers, birthdates. | 劳动节那天 在烤肉的时候 我不得不提供所有人的 社会保障号 姓名还有生日 |
[20:26] | To come by and have a hot dog, everybody had to be issued ID pins. | 那些路过的还有只吃了点热狗的人 所有的人都要被详细检查 |
[20:29] | My mother walking around tagged like she was some threatening wacko. | 我妈妈走过 被标记成有威胁性的疯子 |
[20:33] | If you’re considering this an opportunity to crack a mother-in-law joke, | 如果你认为正是个机会 跟岳母开开玩笑 |
[20:36] | you are seriously misjudging the mood of your audience. | 你肯定搞错我们的心情了 |
[20:55] | I had a real good one, too. | 我感觉不错 |
[20:57] | Yeah, what? | 是吗 什么? |
[21:00] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[21:03] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:09] | Tomorrow will be better. | 明天会更好 |
[21:15] | Hey, think about the neat place we get to live in once we win this thing. | 想象下赢了以后我们可以住到那么 漂亮的地方 |
[21:21] | My throat’s really hurting. | 我的喉咙真的很痛 |
[21:23] | – Oh, sweetie. Come here, honey. – I’ll handle it. | – 哦 宝贝 过来 – 我来抱她 |
[21:26] | What’s wrong, angel? | 小宝贝 怎么啦 |
[21:27] | – I want mommy. – Okay. | – 我要妈妈 – 好的 |
[21:30] | I’m here, baby. You’re really warm. | 我来了 宝贝 你真的很烫 |
[21:33] | Let’s go take your temperature, okay? | 我们去测下体温哦 |
[21:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:36] | Okay, honey. Come here. | 好的 来吧 宝贝 |
[21:52] | Mr. McGarry, | McGarry 先生 |
[21:53] | given the Vice President’s role as one who could be called upon to assume the Presidency, | 考虑到在任期时作为副总统的责任 |
[21:57] | what’s your response to voters concerned about your medical history? | 你怎么回答选民们所关心的你的健康状况 |
[22:00] | I’d say the House Speaker shouldn’t skip any check-ups. | 那我应该说白宫发言人不应该 漏掉任何一份身体检查报告 |
[22:04] | – He can’t be flippant about this. – I thought it was funny. | – 他不能这么轻率的回答这个问题 – 我觉得挺好玩 |
[22:06] | – Defusing. – Sullivan will jump all over it. | – 踩上了雷管 – Sullivan会一直指责这个的 |
[22:08] | And do an aria about the awesome, sacred responsibility of succession. | 他会对任期的责任性 神圣性什么的做个长篇说明的 |
[22:11] | And he’ll look like an idiot. | 那他看起来会像个白痴 |
[22:12] | And Leo will sound like he could care less. | Leo看起来就会是个很轻率的人 |
[22:14] | How can we help him if we can’t even agree? | 如果我们都没有达成共识 怎么帮他呢 |
[22:16] | He never figured out we were taping him? | 他不知道我们给他录像了吧 |
[22:18] | – Nope. – Nice job. | – 不知道 – 做的不错 |
[22:19] | Lipstick cameras. | 唇膏摄像机 |
[22:21] | You use these at home for your personal pleasure? | 你在家用的? |
[22:23] | Wouldn’t you like to know. | 你不需要知道 |
[22:24] | Not really. No. | 好吧 是的 |
[22:25] | Should we cancel? | 我们要不要取消它? |
[22:26] | The debate? | 辩论? |
[22:27] | It’s the right question. | 正确的问题. |
[22:28] | It’d just nakedly be saying we’re worried about him looking bad. | 我直说吧 我怕他看起来很糟 |
[22:31] | Better than moving forward and him, in fact, looking bad. | 说实话 他看起来很糟 |
[22:33] | We don’t cancel. We keep working; | 我们不能取消 我们要继续努力 |
[22:35] | do another practice session tomorrow. | 明天再来次模拟的 |
[22:37] | Tomorrow’s the debate. | 明天就真的要上场拉 |
[22:38] | Is it? Really? Gee, it slipped my mind. | 是吗?真的吗? 艾 忘了 |
[22:41] | Okay, guys. Thank you. You can go. | 好吧 伙计们 谢谢你们 可以走了 |
[22:50] | He’ll be fine. | 他会好的 |
[22:53] | Acceptable. | 可以接受 |
[22:54] | I’ll take anything over train wreck. | 列车要是出事了 我会承担所有的责任的 |
[23:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:07] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[23:08] | Congressman. How’d the event go? | 议员 事情进行的怎么样 |
[23:09] | Asking people who’ve already given money to give more money? | 要那些已经给钱的人给更多的钱? |
[23:12] | You’ve got to be shameless. | 你得脸皮厚点 |
[23:14] | It’s shameful how shameless you get. What are you up to? | 脸皮太厚让我觉得羞耻 你怎么样啦? |
[23:16] | Cramming. | 我都被填满了 |
[23:17] | I know the feeling. | 我知道这种感觉 |
[23:19] | Comic retribution for every candidate I ever told, “Just work harder.” | 滑稽的是 我告诉每一个竞选者 “再努力点” |
[23:24] | You saw the blog report. | 你看到博客了 |
[23:26] | Don’t let that worry you, Leo. | 别让那个困扰你 |
[23:28] | Every time you and I argue policy, you kick my ass. | 每次我跟你争论时 你都能赢的 |
[23:31] | Hardly. | 很难的 |
[23:32] | A piece of advice? | 需要建议吗 |
[23:33] | Please. | 请说 |
[23:34] | Don’t let all those advisors mess you up. | 别让那些建议把你搞混了 |
[23:36] | All of that well-intentioned council can get you so self-conscious | 所有的出于好意的顾问都会让你感觉 更加混乱的 |
[23:39] | you can’t remember your shoe size. | 你都不会记得穿几号的鞋了 |
[23:40] | Trust your instincts. | 相信你的直觉 |
[23:43] | You have a practice session tomorrow? | 你明天还要再来次模拟的? |
[23:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:45] | Blow it off. Go to a movie. Get everybody out of your hair. | 取消它 看部电影什么的 让所有人都从你脑子里出去 |
[23:49] | How’s the homecoming? | 回家之旅如何 |
[23:50] | Great. | 很棒 |
[23:52] | Having a little reentry problem? | 没有遇到重新融入的问题? |
[23:54] | A little bit. | 有一点 |
[23:55] | Is she right there? | 她在你旁边? |
[23:56] | Home with the kids. Miranda’s got a fever. | 在家和孩子们在一起 Miranda有点发烧 |
[23:59] | You two will be all right. | 你们会好的 |
[24:01] | My best advice: don’t get on a plane angry. | 我最好的建议 千万别把生气带到飞机上 |
[24:05] | Says the divorced guy. | 某个离婚的人说的 |
[24:06] | Does that make your advice better or worse? | 这会使你的建议更可信还是根本不可信? |
[24:08] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[24:11] | Get some rest. | 好好休息 |
[24:12] | Thanks for calling. | 谢谢这个电话 |
[24:13] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[24:29] | What are you doing here on a Sunday? | 你为什么星期天还在这里? |
[24:31] | No life. You? | 没有私人生活 你呢? |
[24:32] | Wait, let me guess: | 等一下 让我想想 |
[24:33] | you can’t tell me. | 你不能告诉我 |
[24:35] | You’re getting good at this. | 这个把戏玩得不错了么 |
[24:36] | – Coffee? – Hmm-mm. | – 咖啡? – 好的 |
[24:37] | You know it occurs to me that if you ever used, | 你知道我常常想 |
[24:39] | and the fact that you haven’t earns you major cliche avoidance points, | 事实上你的(保密)工作做得非常不错 |
[24:43] | the old, “I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you” trope, | 很老的比喻 “所有知道事情的人都被我杀了” |
[24:45] | that given your background you probably actually could. | 从你的背景来看 难说你真的会这么干 |
[24:48] | With my bare hands. | 用我的双手 |
[24:49] | Again, alarmingly alluring. | 又一次 致命的魅力 |
[24:52] | You do have issues to work on, which I tend to find compelling to my continual misery. | 你有工作要完成 我越来越发现它导致了 我的持续不断的痛苦 |
[24:58] | Really? | 是吗? |
[24:58] | Dismayingly so. | 不幸的是 是的 |
[25:01] | Anyway, I just came by to say that I thought, | 那么 我只是想过来说 |
[25:03] | given all, you acquitted yourself well at yesterday’s briefing. | 不管怎么说 你昨天表现还行 |
[25:06] | – Apocalypse Maybe. – Nimbly done. | – 大概是得到启示了 – 挺机智的 |
[25:07] | – Don’t change the subject. – From? | – 别转移话题 – 从? |
[25:09] | The end of the world as we know it. | 像我们所知道的一样 世界的末日 |
[25:12] | I can assure you: Armageddon not necessarily imminent. | 我可以保证: 世界末日不会来到的 |
[25:16] | May I communicate same to the White House press? | 我可以这样和新闻发言处说吗? |
[25:19] | I can’t think why not. | 我想不出来反对的理由 |
[25:20] | You have the thanks of a thankful Communications director. | 一个感激的发言人对你说谢谢 |
[25:24] | Though the prospect of the world ending did have one upside: | 考虑到看到世界可能会灭亡的前景 |
[25:27] | I figured it gave license to ask whether you might want to have dinner with me | 我想知道我有没有许可证来邀请你 共进晚餐 |
[25:30] | before we and the planet went up in cinders. | 在我们和这个星球成为灰烬之前 |
[25:33] | Well, that is an opportunity lost. | 好吧 失去了一个机会 |
[25:37] | Though I said it wasn’t imminent, not out of the range of possibility. | 虽然我说过末日不会很快来临的 但是还是有着可能性么 |
[25:41] | So, then…? | 那么…? |
[25:42] | How’s tonight? | 今晚怎么样? |
[25:56] | It’s all over the press that Leo had another bad debate practice. Somebody’s leaking. | 所有的媒体都知道Leo又在模拟辩论中搞砸了 |
[26:00] | You can’t seriously think it’s one of us. | 你不会真认为是我们中的一个吧 |
[26:01] | You told a friend, they told a friend, the friend told the Washington Post. | 你告诉某个朋友 朋友告诉另一个朋友 另一个朋友告诉了华盛顿邮报 |
[26:05] | I haven’t spoken to a friend in two months. | 我已经两个月没和一个朋友讲过话了 |
[26:07] | I don’t think I have any friends left. | 我觉得我根本就没有朋友 |
[26:08] | All my friends are in this room. | 所有我的朋友都在这个屋子里 |
[26:10] | Okay, you win the most pathetic. | 好吧 你赢得了最多的同情 |
[26:13] | Am I interrupting? | 我打扰你们了? |
[26:14] | Hey! No, not at all. | 没有 |
[26:17] | I’m canceling today’s debate prep. | 我取消了今天的练习 |
[26:21] | I’m not sure that’s the best plan. | 我不肯定这是最好的方法 |
[26:23] | Too many voices; I need to clear my head a little bit. | 太多声音了 我需要清理下我的脑子 |
[26:25] | We could make it just Josh and me. | 只有 Josh 和我? |
[26:27] | Or just Lou. Or me. | 或者之有 Lou. 或者只有我? |
[26:30] | I think I’ll do better on my own. | 我觉得一个人更好些 |
[26:31] | Short session? | 把实验时间弄短点? |
[26:32] | I don’t want to leave it in the locker room. | 我不想离开我自己的屋子 |
[26:34] | Right. | 好的 |
[26:35] | See you all tonight. | 晚上见 |
[26:36] | Okay. All right. | 好的 晚上见 |
[26:50] | Okay, forget what I was saying. | 好吧 忘了我说过的话 |
[26:51] | I want you to get out there and lower expectations now. | 都出去吧 把期望降低点 |
[26:54] | Beyond what they are? | 比现在还低? |
[26:54] | Lower than low. Go for low. Hades low. | 更低 更低 更低 |
[26:57] | Spinning iron core in the planet low. Low. | 星球的核心越转越低了 |
[27:04] | You know, between the security sweep, the metal detectors and the perimeter detail, | 你知道 有着清除措施 金属探测器 还有诸如此类的东西 |
[27:08] | that was the safest mass performed in America today. | 这还真是今天美国最安全的聚会了 |
[27:13] | What’s so funny? | 什么这么好玩? |
[27:14] | Yeah, what’s so funny? | 好吧 什么这么好玩 |
[27:17] | Kind of everything. | 所有的事情 |
[27:19] | Did Teddy’s father get his gun back? | Teddy的爸爸拿回了他的枪? |
[27:23] | I don’t know, Pete. You’re going to have to ask him. | 我不知道 Pete. 你得去问他 |
[27:25] | What? | 什么? |
[27:26] | All right, kids. Get changed. | 好的 孩子们 变一下 |
[27:28] | Sorry. You guys had him all day yesterday. Today’s the Sabbath, day of rest. | 对不起,你们昨天已经拥有他一整天了 今天他是我的了 剩下的时间里 |
[27:31] | There’s something both of you are going to want to see. | 有些事情你们两个都该看一看 |
[27:33] | What is it? | 什么 |
[27:34] | Photos hit the papers you’re probably not going to like. | 一些报纸上的照片 你不会喜欢的 |
[27:37] | I’ve probably looked worse. | 我肯定看上去更糟了 |
[27:38] | It’s not of you. | 不是你 |
[27:56] | You think they planted it to distract from the debate tonight? | 你觉得对方策划了这个来分散 我们对今天晚上辩论的注意? |
[28:00] | Only a man would ask that. | 只有一个人会这么问 |
[28:01] | I beg your pardon. | 什么 |
[28:03] | Sorry. You’re right. Only you. | 好吧 你是对的 只有你会这么问 |
[28:06] | It’s all over the Internet. | 网上到处都是 |
[28:07] | What are we doing about Illinois? | 我们在Illinois做的怎么样? |
[28:09] | Not panicking. | 不算糟 |
[28:11] | Four points up is still up. | 还是高四点 |
[28:12] | – Senator of Chicago to the suburbs… – I go downstate. | – Chicago的参议员去了市郊…… – 我去南部 |
[28:15] | Santos ain’t playing in Peoria. | Santos 在 Peoria不会表现的很好的 |
[28:19] | They’re talking about canceling. | 他们在考虑取消 |
[28:20] | Who? | 谁 |
[28:21] | Santos-McGarry. | |
[28:22] | I hear they’re in panic mode over there. | 我听说他们挺心烦的 |
[28:23] | That’s why he leaked the Helen photo. | 所以他泄露了 Helen 的照片 |
[28:25] | Will you stop? | 说完了? |
[28:25] | He set the bar so low, the only way McGarry can look bad is if he trips over it. | 他们降低了期望 这样McGarry 真搞砸了也说的过去 |
[28:29] | Go out, do your thing; | 出去 做你该做的; |
[28:30] | just watch out it doesn’t look like you’re kicking a cripple. | 还是要提防点 并不意味着你和个 残疾人打交道 |
[28:33] | And we let this man talk to reporters? | 我们让这个人和媒体说话? |
[28:36] | What? | 什么? |
[28:38] | This is out of bounds. | 太出格了 |
[28:40] | I want you to contact every media outlet and let them know that anyone using this | 我希望你去联系每一家媒体 告诉他们 |
[28:44] | will no longer receive cooperation from this campaign. | 任何一个使用这张照片的媒体 都将在这次竞选中得不到我们的合作 |
[28:52] | Honey, I’m sorry about this. | 亲爱的 对不起 |
[28:53] | I… | 我… |
[28:55] | I guess this is speechless. | 我估计这就叫做无语 . |
[28:59] | It’s trash journalism – the lowest kind of tabloid stuff. This will backfire. | 都是些垃圾 – 最无聊的小报. 不会有什么影响的 |
[29:03] | They’ll only sell out every copy. | 他们只是卖完了每一份报纸! |
[29:06] | I’m so sorry, Mrs. Santos. | 对不起 Santos太太 |
[29:09] | I can understand how you must feel. | 我可以理解你现在的心情 |
[29:10] | Can you? What kind of underwear are you wearing right now, Donna? | 你可以?你穿了那种样式的内裤? Donna? |
[29:20] | Put me on the phone with this publisher. | 把出版商的电话给我 |
[29:21] | – I’m not sure that’s the best… – Put me on the phone with him, right now. | -我不确定这是最好的解决问题的…… – 让我接电话 现在 |
[29:29] | Hey. Is this a bad time? | 嘿 是不是时间不对? |
[29:32] | No. You caught me between arraignments. | 没有 你找到了传讯中的空子 |
[29:34] | I’m surprised you haven’t changed your cell number. | 我很奇怪你居然没换电话. |
[29:36] | Disappointed to actually get me? | 真的接通了感觉很失望? |
[29:38] | – No, I… – Is somebody dead? | – 不是的 我… -有人去世了? |
[29:40] | I’ve talked to you. | 我告诉过你. |
[29:41] | Once every six weeks; you could set an extremely slow clock by it. | 每六个星期 你要重新设置个慢速的闹钟 |
[29:45] | I didn’t think you wanted to hear from me. | 我觉得你不想听我说 |
[29:47] | Because I don’t feel cut off enough? | 因为我离的还不够远? |
[29:49] | All right. I wasn’t sure I wanted to talk to you. | 好吧 我不确定是否想跟你说话 |
[29:50] | Last time you were more than usually assholic. | 上一次通话时你和平时不一样 |
[29:54] | Is that the reason you’re calling? | 这就是为什么你打这个电话? |
[29:56] | Because I’m not sure I’m in the ideal headspace for a character critique. | 因为我不确定作为形象顾问 我够不够好 |
[30:02] | Have you seen the stuff about Leo? | 你看到Leo的事了? |
[30:04] | Lowering expectations. | 降低期望 |
[30:06] | It’s not us. | 不是我们做的 |
[30:07] | Really? | 是吗? |
[30:08] | You mean he actually…? | 你的意思是他真的..? |
[30:09] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[30:12] | News for a day. | 一天的话题了 |
[30:13] | Not even, with this tattoo thing. | 还有那个纹身的事情 |
[30:15] | That was you, right? | 那个是你做的 对吧? |
[30:16] | No. | 不是 |
[30:17] | Huh? | 恩? |
[30:18] | Really on top of the information flow, huh? | 信息控制掌握的不错么 |
[30:19] | I think we can do without your usual disparagement about my job performance. | 我以为没有你的讽刺我也能做好工作 |
[30:25] | I just feel like I really screwed up. | 我觉得我真的搞砸了 |
[30:27] | It’s the VP debate – the very definition of “low impact.” | 这是副总统电视辩论 对于低影响力很好的定义 |
[30:31] | Well, the campaign will survive – it’s Leo. | 没关系 竞选没问题 是 Leo的问题 |
[30:34] | He’ll survive too. | 他也会撑过去的 |
[30:35] | I put him in this position. | 我把他置于这个境地的 |
[30:36] | If he goes out and embarrasses himself, it’s my fault. | 如果他真的出问题了 让他自己都尴尬 那会是我的错 |
[30:39] | He’s a big boy, Josh. | 他是个大男孩 Josh. |
[30:40] | He did this for me. | 他为我这么做的 |
[30:41] | And now I’ve put him in this position where he can fail on national TV. | 现在我让他可能在全国电视观众面前出丑 |
[30:45] | I’m sorry? He did this for you? | 什么? 他为你这样做的? |
[30:47] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我的意思 |
[30:47] | Leo McGarry didn’t accept his party’s nomination for the Vice Presidency of the United States | 不接受民主党对他副总统职位的任命 |
[30:52] | because he thought it might make your socks roll up and down. | 就是因为他觉得会让你很难做? |
[30:56] | I just hate to see him struggle like this. It’s not what he deserves. | 我只是他不想现在这样挣扎 他不该这样 |
[30:59] | I can’t help it if it sounds self-aggrandizing, I feel responsible. | 我不是想夸大自己的作用 我只是觉得有责任 |
[31:05] | He’s really that bad? | 他真的那么糟? |
[31:06] | Watch tonight. | 今晚看吧 |
[31:07] | Actually, don’t watch. | 事实上 千万别看 |
[31:11] | This must all sound pretty trivial. | 还有件事不太重要 |
[31:13] | You mean to someone under indictment? | 你的意思是某个被起诉的人? |
[31:15] | It does concentrate the mind, just a little. | 有点让人关注的那个? |
[31:17] | How’s that going? | 怎么样 |
[31:18] | I can’t talk about it. | 我不能讨论这个 |
[31:19] | Too tough? | 太困难了? |
[31:20] | Legally prescribed. | 法律问题 |
[31:21] | Right. | 好吧 |
[31:23] | Give yourself a pass on this, Josh. | 放松点 Josh. |
[31:26] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[31:27] | I’ll talk to you in six weeks. | 六个星期以后我再和你通话 |
[31:29] | Election Day. | 选举日 |
[31:30] | I forget: in D.C., do they let felons vote? | 我忘了: 在 D.C., 他们让重罪犯投票了? |
[31:35] | Too soon? | 太快了? |
[31:37] | Just a little bit. | 一点阿 |
[31:39] | See ya. | 再聊 |
[31:47] | I just tore that publisher a new one. | 我告诉出版商换张新的 |
[31:52] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[31:54] | Okay may be a bit much to hope for. | “感觉还好”真是太奢求了 |
[31:56] | I’m sorry about all this. | 我很抱歉 所有的一切 |
[31:57] | It’s not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[31:58] | In a way. | 某种意义上说 是的 |
[32:00] | What are you going to do? | 你接下来怎么做? |
[32:02] | That shouldn’t be a part of all of this. | 这个不应该也包括在内的 |
[32:05] | Everything is a part of this. | 所有的事都跟你的选举有关 |
[32:07] | If you don’t see that, you’re not paying attention. | 如果你都没有意识到 那是你不够关心 |
[32:10] | No pizza delivery on the block is a part of all this, | 不能定个皮萨饼和这有关 |
[32:11] | mass starting an hour late so they could mag-wand the choir, | 聚会要迟一个小时 因为要预先订好位置 |
[32:14] | – the kids getting sick… – The kids? How are they…? | – 孩子们生病了也是的…… – 孩子们? 怎么会…? |
[32:17] | Dragging them across the country. | 拖着他们走过全国阿. |
[32:19] | Kids whose fathers aren’t running for President get colds. | 那些爸爸没参加竞选的小孩也会感冒阿 |
[32:22] | Well, I’m not going to do it anymore. | 我再也不会这样做了 |
[32:24] | They enjoy it, Helen. | 她们喜欢这样的 Helen. |
[32:25] | Sitting in hotel rooms waiting for Daddy? | 坐在旅馆里等着他们的爸爸? |
[32:27] | Can we talk about this when you’re not so upset? | 我们能不能等你冷静点再谈? |
[32:31] | You should change. | 你需要改变 |
[32:33] | You promised Peter you’d throw the football around. | 你告诉Peter 会跟他玩会足球的 |
[32:58] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[33:00] | You all set for tonight? | 晚上的事搞定啦? |
[33:02] | I’d better be. | 希望如此 |
[33:05] | You got a suit picked out? A tie? | 你要挑个外套?领带? |
[33:09] | Are you here to approve my wardrobe? | 你是来审核我的衣服的? |
[33:11] | No, no. I’m not worried about that. I’m not worried at all. | 不是的 我不担心这个 我什么都不担心 |
[33:15] | Thanks for saying it at least. | 谢谢 最起码你嘴上这么说了 |
[33:17] | Listen, we should move “Rock the Vote” up. | 听着 我们该再努力点 |
[33:20] | It’s going to give Santos his “boxers or briefs” moment. | 这样Santos 的时刻会更容易 |
[33:23] | Helen should do it with him. | Helen 应该和他在一起 |
[33:25] | She won’t do it. He’s pretty pissed. | 她不会的 他很生气 |
[33:28] | We make lemonade, put them both on: youthful, attractive. | 我们给他们点柠檬汁 让他俩看起来都更年轻 更有吸引力 |
[33:31] | Camelot for the 21st Century. | 二十一世纪的亚瑟王 |
[33:33] | We turn that vote out, we win. | 我们会赢的 |
[33:35] | They never come out. | 不会有问题的 |
[33:36] | They haven’t had anyone like him to vote for since Kennedy. | 从 Kennedy之后 他们还没有过这么好的候选人呢 |
[33:38] | I’ll get on it. | 我会有进展的 |
[33:40] | There’s still time to go over stuff for tonight. | 还有时间回忆下晚上要说的 |
[33:44] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[33:45] | Last minute review? | 最后一次回顾? |
[33:48] | I’d rather take it easy, rest up. | 我要放松一下 |
[33:58] | It’s gonna be good. | 应该会好得 |
[34:00] | It’s gonna be what it is. | 应该是什么样就会是什么样 |
[34:06] | Okay, well… | 好吧 |
[34:09] | Thanks for coming by. | 谢谢你过来看我 |
[34:10] | Yeah, I’ll see you there. | 到时见 |
[34:20] | Leo’s going to be better than people think, but you know, it’s the message, not the messenger. | Leo会比别人认为的做得好的 但是你知道 只是个信息 不是预言 |
[34:24] | Do you have any twos? | 你有牌出吗? |
[34:27] | No, we’re going to score tonight | 我们今晚会得分的 |
[34:28] | because what we’ve got to say about this country is forward-looking and inclusive. | 因为我们关于这个国家要说的是很有远见 而且内容丰富的 |
[34:32] | Dad! | 爸爸! |
[34:34] | I have every confidence that when Leo McGarry challenges Ray Sullivan on the issues, | 今晚上 Leo McGarry对付Ray Sullivan 我非常有信心 |
[34:39] | he’s gonna show that the Vinick campaign’s | 他会证明 Vinick的说法“明智的解决” |
[34:41] | so-called “Sensible Solutions” are neither sensible, nor solutions. | 既不明智 也没解决问题 |
[34:49] | Sorry for the mix-up, Mr. Santos. | 对不起 Santos先生 这儿挺混乱的 |
[34:51] | Produce ID, pass through a metal detector to enter my own brother’s house. | 身份证明, 金属检测器 就为了进我自己兄弟的房子 |
[34:54] | We were told you were out of town. That’s why you weren’t on the pre-clearance list. | 我们被告知你出城了 所以你不在免检名单上 |
[34:58] | Plus they got my name wrong. It’s Jorge, not George. | 对了 名字搞错了 我叫 Jorge 不是 George. |
[35:02] | They just went with what’s on your driver’s license. | 你的汽车驾驶执照上是那么写的 |
[35:04] | I’m getting it changed. | 我准备改 |
[35:05] | Hey, you made it after all. | 嘿 你来了 |
[35:06] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[35:08] | I thought I was going to get cavity searched. | 我觉得我要被彻底检查了 |
[35:10] | He wasn’t on the list. | 他不在名单上 |
[35:12] | Standard operating procedure now. | 现在的标准程序 |
[35:14] | You can make it up to me. | 你能搞定的 |
[35:15] | Listen, I invited over a couple of business associates for drinks and a photo. | 听着 我请了好多生意上的同伴来喝口酒 拍个照什么的 |
[35:19] | You think we can get it past your storm troopers? | 你觉得我们能过得了你的卫兵这关么? |
[35:23] | Sure. | 好的 |
[35:25] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我看看我能做什么 |
[35:27] | Helen’s back here. | Helen回来了 |
[35:36] | I haven’t had a chance to say, you have a lovely home. | 我还没有机会说呢 你们的家好漂亮 |
[35:39] | It’s even nicer when you don’t have shouting protestors holding pictures of fetuses just up the street. | 如果没有反对者拿着口号站在街上 对着你的房子 应该更漂亮 |
[35:48] | I’m sorry about snapping at you before. | 我为我先前说过的话道歉 |
[35:50] | It’s completely understandable. | 可以理解 |
[35:52] | – Personal embarrassment aside… – Embarrassment is when you nod off at the PTA meeting. | – 要是把个人的尴尬放到一边… – 尴尬是说你在参加会议时打了个盹 |
[35:57] | When entire cable news segments are devoted to debates about whether you seem kind of whore-y, | 当所有的有线电视台都在讨论 你是不是看上去像个妓女时 |
[36:01] | I think we’ve upgraded to outright humiliation. | 我觉得更应该说成是侮辱 |
[36:04] | I was gonna say, it actually probably helps more than it hurts. | 我应该说它可能更多的是好处而不是坏处 |
[36:09] | It makes you and the Congressman seem sexy and hip. | 它使你和议员看上去更为性感 |
[36:11] | Well, glad to be of service. | 很高兴有你的服务 |
[36:17] | You know, one of the reasons these stories may get so much play might be | 你知道 一个原因这件事这么受关注 |
[36:20] | because it’s all the public knows about you. | 是因为公众就知道你这么多 |
[36:23] | You haven’t really defined yourself. | 你没有塑造好形象 |
[36:24] | Well, I’m not running for President. | 我又不去竞选总统 |
[36:26] | With all due respect, we both know you’re not that naive. | 我们知道你没这么天真 |
[36:29] | The option to be left alone took a hit when the Congressman signed on to run | 只有在议员没得到任命之前你这么想 |
[36:32] | and pretty much got obliterated when he won the nomination. | 赢了竞选什么都会变得 |
[36:34] | It’ll be a distant memory when he wins this thing. | 他赢了这些都不会被记得 |
[36:38] | It might be time for you to start talking about the kind of First Lady you want to be. | 现在是时候想想 你希望做那种类型的第一夫人了 |
[36:42] | I’d like to help out with that if you’ll let me. | 只要你愿意我随时乐意帮忙 |
[36:45] | I can’t tell you what kind of First Lady I’d like to be. | 我没法告诉你我想做什么样的 |
[36:48] | I’m too busy deciding if I want him to win. | 我还一直在犹豫他是不是应该赢呢 |
[36:52] | Eye contact. Start on the monitor. | 眼睛要看着监控器 |
[36:54] | Once you punch, straight to camera. | 当你开始的时候 要直视镜头 |
[36:55] | – When Sullivan talks, you look at him. – But don’t stare. | – 当Sullivan开始讲话时 你要看着他 – 但是不要使劲瞪着他 |
[36:57] | – Don’t look bored. – Even when he’s boring. | – 不要做出厌烦的表情 – 他真的很无聊时也不行 |
[36:58] | – He’ll be boring. – Hey, look at me. | – 他肯定会很无聊的 – 嘿 看着我 |
[37:02] | Gorgeous. | 不错么 |
[37:02] | Oh, get her away from me. | 让她离我远点 |
[37:03] | – The man can not take a compliment. – They’re ready for you. | – 不能赞美他 -他们准备好了 |
[37:06] | – Go get ’em. – Good luck. | – 找他们去 – 好运 |
[37:08] | Hey, McGarry. | 嘿, McGarry. |
[37:09] | You’re smirking. | 你又在假笑了 |
[37:10] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[37:27] | Good. | 好 |
[37:30] | – You. – Thank you. | – 你 – 谢谢 |
[37:31] | Me. | 我 |
[37:35] | A Carciofi salad, shaved parmesan. Little order envy. | 一点沙拉, 一点意大利干酪 |
[37:39] | Take it. | 拿着 |
[37:40] | No. | 不用了 |
[37:41] | One-time, first-date offer. I’d seize it. | 第一次约会 我要抓住机会 |
[37:43] | First? | 第一次? |
[37:45] | I’m an optimist. | 我很乐观的 |
[37:47] | Take out dinner in your office; you must be. | 在办公室吃晚餐 你肯定是 |
[37:51] | Uh, hey, it started. | 对了 应该开始了 |
[37:57] | Mr. McGarry, your response. | McGarry先生 该你了 |
[37:59] | Senator Vinick and Governor Sullivan oppose the Kyoto treaty | Vinick议员和 Sullivan官员 反对京都议定书 |
[38:05] | because they don’t want foreign governments dictating our emissions standards. | 是因为他们不希望外国政府 指示我们的污染物排放标准应该怎样 |
[38:09] | They oppose the International Criminal Court | 他们反对建立国际刑事法庭 |
[38:12] | because they don’t want a foreign body to have legal jurisdiction over U.S. citizens. | 是因为他们不想 有外国人的法律权限超出美国公民 |
[38:16] | But they apparently have no problem seating enormous, unprecedented leverage | 但是他们对金融界中 |
[38:22] | over our economy to bankers in China. | 因为杠杆作用大量的不可计数的 美元流入中国银行家的口袋没有意见 |
[38:26] | Our opponents evidently favor sending even more, billions of U.S. dollars, China’s way. | 有证据表明我们的对手 甚至希望更多的美元流入中国 |
[38:33] | Matt Santos and I would bring that money back to our shores for our citizens | Matt Santos 和我将把那些钱拿回来 用来支持我们自己的公民 |
[38:38] | and return control of our economy back home where it belongs. | 把我们的钱带回家 带回它应该在的地方 |
[38:47] | Mr. McGarry, the next question’s for you. | McGarry先生, 下面的问题是问你的 |
[38:49] | Many Americans consider the Vice President’s role in Presidential succession | 很多美国人认为在任期中 副总统将 |
[38:53] | – to be the most important responsibility… – I never said he was going to giber like a gibbon. | – 将有着很重要的责任…… – 我从来没想到他会这么愚弄人 |
[38:57] | Given your medical history, why shouldn’t voters feel concern about you? | 根据你的医疗记录 选民们是不是应该担心你的(健康状况)? |
[39:03] | By an overwhelming percentage, the first warning symptom of a heart attack is death. | 对于很多人来说 心脏病的第一个症状就是死亡 |
[39:09] | I am fortunate to be here. | 我非常幸运的站在这里 |
[39:11] | But it wasn’t all luck. | 但是不仅仅归功于运气 |
[39:13] | I was the beneficiary of the finest medical care in the world – | 我享受到了世界上最好的医疗 |
[39:18] | medical care available to me, to Governor Sullivan; | 医疗体系对我有效 同样对 Sullivan 官员 ; |
[39:22] | but not to the millions of Americans with no or inadequate health insurance. | 但是对于成千上万的没有医疗保险或者 医疗保险不够的美国人来说 |
[39:27] | They have their noses pressed against the windows of the world’s greatest hospitals, | 他们透过窗子看到世界上最好的医院 |
[39:32] | best trained doctors and nursing professionals. | 最棒的医生和最专业的护士 |
[39:36] | And when they most need, most desperately need their services, they can’t get in. | 但是当他们最需要 最需要医疗的绝望时候 他们却被关在了门外 |
[39:42] | Matt Santos and I don’t want to leave anyone out in the cold if they get sick like I did. | Matt Santos 和我不希望任何一个象我一样生病的人 被拒绝在寒冷的风中 |
[39:48] | I could kiss somebody. | 我要亲吻什么人了 |
[39:51] | Or, you know, not. | 哦 算了吧 |
[39:54] | … access to the first-class treatment that I firmly believe saved my life. | … 我确信最好的治疗挽救了我的性命 |
[40:01] | He didn’t really answer the question. | 他其实没回答问题 |
[40:02] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[40:03] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[40:05] | Damn straight. | 真不错 |
[40:06] | You said a swear. | 你说脏话了 |
[40:10] | Thank you. Thanks. Thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢 谢谢你 |
[40:14] | Hopefully I didn’t embarrass us to bad. | 希望没让我们处境变糟 |
[40:15] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[40:16] | Josh and Lou are in the spin room? | Josh 和Lou在里面? |
[40:18] | You gave them a lot to work with. | 你给他们好多要做的 |
[40:19] | Thanks for the help, everyone. | 谢谢帮忙 所有的人 |
[40:22] | Are you coming next door for a drink? | 你去下一个房间喝点什么吗? |
[40:23] | As soon as I scrape the makeup off. | 把脸上妆卸了就去 |
[40:26] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[40:28] | Very nice. | 多谢 |
[40:28] | You sandbagged. | 你真该被打 |
[40:29] | Headstart on that drink? | 开始准备喝酒? |
[40:31] | Didn’t you? | 你不吗? |
[40:33] | You’re not smirking. | 你没假笑 |
[40:36] | What was all this about? | 怎么回事? |
[40:37] | – The truth? – Yeah. | – 真话 ? – 是的 |
[40:38] | I was really that lost. | 我真的挺害怕的 |
[40:39] | Oh, come on. | 说吧说吧 |
[40:40] | Couching answers in tame, time-pressured sound bites. | 每个答案都挺难搞定 时间又那么短 |
[40:42] | And then when Josh wouldn’t even show me that tape, it scared me to death. | 当Josh都不把录像给我看的时候 我怕的要死 |
[40:45] | So I leaked it. | 所以我就泄露了坏消息 |
[40:47] | You did? | 你做的? |
[40:48] | I was worried he was so worried he wouldn’t. | 我只是担心他那么担心 |
[40:50] | So you just called up a bunch of reporters and said | 所以你给好多记者打电话 告诉他们说 |
[40:52] | “Hey, Leo McGarry here, just letting you know I’m one scary debater.” | “嘿 Leo McGarry 在这里 告诉你我是一个被吓坏了的辩手.” |
[40:55] | I covered my tracks. I’ve been at this awhile. | 我当然隐藏了身份 在这种时候么 |
[40:57] | I had a couple think it was you. | 我倒是想过可能是你 |
[40:58] | Wasn’t the voice a big tip-off? | 难道别人没听出来是你? |
[41:00] | There’s not enough helium in the cosmos. So, I borrowed your e-mail account. | 我口袋里没钱 所以用了你的电子邮箱 |
[41:05] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[41:06] | Never use your cat’s name as your password. | 千万别用你的猫做登陆密码 |
[41:08] | Hey, I’ve got to get back in there. I just want to say good going. | 嘿 我刚回来 做得不错 |
[41:10] | I got through it. | 我克服了困难 |
[41:11] | Oh, you did better than that. | 比模拟时好多了 |
[41:12] | Just never make me do this again. | 千万别再让我做了 |
[41:14] | In four years, book it. I’ll see you at the thing. | 四年以后吧 预定了 到时见 |
[41:17] | If you’ll excuse me, too, I have a password to change. | 如果你不介意 我要去改个密码 |
[41:22] | – So, I’ll see you in Phoenix on Thursday. – I’ll be there. | – 那么我星期四在Phoenix见你 – 我会在那 |
[41:26] | I hear that the hotel’s got this water slide. | 我听说那个旅馆有滑水运动 |
[41:28] | I will pack a Victorian bathing dress. | 我要穿一件维多利亚时代的泳衣 (暗示穿的严实点) |
[41:31] | – I meant for the… – I know what you meant. | – 我是说… – 我知道你的意思. |
[41:35] | Anyway, it’s probably not a good idea that they go swimming with their colds and all. | 说实话 让小孩在感冒时 下水可能不是个好建议 |
[41:39] | Yeah, probably not. | 对阿 不是个好建议 |
[41:44] | – I miss them like crazy. – I know you do. | – 我会很想他们的 – 我知道 |
[41:46] | I miss you, too. | 我也会想你的 |
[41:48] | I’ll be there in Phoenix. | 我会去 Phoenix. |
[41:49] | Yeah. | 好 |
[42:21] | McGarry did all he needed to do: exceed expectations. | McGarry 做了他应该做的 超出预期的好 |
[42:24] | How couldn’t he, the way the Democrats spun the run-out. | 他成功了 民主党人的胜利 |
[42:27] | And we fall for it every time: viewing the spin instead of the substance. | 每次我们都犯同样的错误 只注意到讲述方式而忽略了辩论的主旨 |
[42:31] | Substance in a debate? I’d be surprised if this debate changed anyone’s mind. | 辩论的主旨? 如果这场辩论改变了什么人的看法的话 我会很惊奇的 |
[42:35] | Well, arguably, the best outcome for the Vice Presidential debate: | 好吧 这是副总统选举辩论的最好结果了 |
[42:39] | at least don’t send the voters running into the arms of the other guys. | 最起码没把选民推到对方怀里去 |
[42:55] | Bless you, sir. | 祝你好运 先生 |
[42:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:00] | Transcribed by Soundman for www.twiztv.com. Feedback to sparticus1611@hotmail.com. | |
[43:03] | Sync : whoopss (whoopss1@nate.com) |