时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Scotch please, your best. | 上好的威士忌 |
[00:06] | I need 7 glasses and I’ll keep the bottle. | 给我7个杯子 这瓶也给我 |
[00:13] | I believe we’re really used to spot cowboy hats. | 我想 我们真的得习惯戴牛仔帽了 |
[00:15] | That’s rude indoors. | 在家里戴不太妥当 |
[00:16] | Maybe’s a stereotype. | 还那么老套 |
[00:18] | It could be Denver, could be Saint Louis. | 可能是丹佛 也可能是圣路易斯 |
[00:20] | – Chicago. – You bet. | 芝加哥 没错 |
[00:21] | Phoenix, Salt Lake City. | 菲尼克斯 盐湖城 |
[00:23] | All the time we’ve spent in all those little cities. | 我们总在那些小地方上耗时间 |
[00:25] | If we accept the fact that this is all coming to an end tomorrow. | 我们得接受事实了 明天这一切就都结束了 |
[00:29] | Then a single tear slips slowly down your cheek. | 然后慢慢的…泪流满面 |
[00:32] | Or you can get really hammered. | 或者精神抖擞的干活 |
[00:34] | Everybody needs to relax, except you. | 大家都得休息了 除了你 |
[00:36] | Bartender needs your credit card. | 你去买单 |
[00:40] | So, let’s plan out the future for the rest of our lives. | 来 我们规划一下将来 |
[00:42] | I want a meal that doesn’t consist in Cheetos and a Diet Sprite. | 我想吃一顿饭 没有薯片和无糖雪碧 |
[00:45] | I want a pedicure. | 我想当个足病医师 |
[00:46] | I want a job as a White House speechwriter. | 我想要当白宫演讲撰稿人 |
[00:48] | – Don’t say that out loud! – Bad karma, man. | 别说那么大声 会事与愿违的 |
[00:50] | Then the Cheetos did sound good? | 薯片听起来不错 |
[00:51] | I’d sign up for more than 2-hour sleep. | 我要找一份能睡2小时以上的工作 |
[00:53] | Where were we when the bat was in the hallway in the middle of the night? | 半夜有蝙蝠现身走廊的那次 我们是在哪儿来着? |
[00:56] | When you tried to catch it with a pillowcase? | 就是你打算用枕头套抓它的那次? |
[00:59] | Portland. | 在波特兰 |
[01:00] | $175 a bottle? | 175块一瓶? |
[01:02] | Next time get a pitcher or whatever’s on tab. | 下次要瓶大点的 |
[01:04] | Next time? | 下次? |
[01:05] | Ok, the Congressman’s gonna be wrapping up in LA, | 哦 国会议员正在搞定洛杉矶 |
[01:08] | who wants to stay sober long enough to get the report from Bram? | 谁想清醒的等着Bram的报告? |
[01:20] | Thank you for volunteering, Edie. | 多谢自告奋勇 Edie |
[01:23] | I think I’m gonna call it a night. | 我想今天就到这里吧 |
[01:25] | Oh, so early? | 哦 这么早? |
[01:26] | God created few nights in life without… | 老天只赐给我们几个晚上 没有半夜集会 没有夜航 更没有民意测验 |
[01:28] | …midnight rallies, airplane seats and tracking polls. | |
[01:31] | I’m gonna enjoy one. | 我要享受一天了 |
[01:32] | Staff meeting 6 a.m. tomorrow. | 明早六点全体开会 |
[01:34] | We’ll go over new marching orders then. | 得研究下新的进攻路线(指拉选票) |
[01:37] | – Good night. | – Good night. 晚安 晚安 |
[01:41] | You know, I think that’s it for me too, | 我想 我也得好好休息下 |
[01:44] | so I’ll send out an e-mail about LA. Later. | 晚点再发有关洛杉矶的邮件 |
[01:51] | – Really? – Apparently. | 他俩….? 显然是 |
[01:54] | Should you really be drinking like that? | 你非得那样喝酒吗? |
[01:56] | Like what? | 怎样? |
[01:57] | You’re 23 years old with a shocking lack of facial hair. | 你才23岁 脸上没长几根胡子 |
[02:00] | Do you really want to tell a grown woman how to drink? | 你真想教一位成熟女性 该如何喝酒? |
[02:05] | I didn’t think so. | 我想不用了 |
[02:07] | Bedtime. | 睡觉去了 |
[02:13] | Go ahead. You can take the bottle if you want. | 去吧 带上那瓶酒 |
[02:15] | Yeah, me too. See you guys in the morning. | 哦 我也去睡觉了 明早见 |
[02:25] | How did I miss that? | 这俩…我怎么不知道? |
[02:27] | You might have had an easier year of it if you’d come on board. | 你要早点试试的话 也许你就得手了 |
[02:32] | 6 o’clock tomorrow morning, right? | 明早6点 对吧? |
[02:42] | Cindy. | 哇 Cindy… |
[02:45] | Did you know that? | 你也知道? |
[02:46] | – About Ronna and Cindy? – Any of them. | Ronna和Cindy的事? 随便哪个的 |
[02:49] | – Yes. – Which one? | 我知道 知道哪个? |
[02:50] | All of them. | 两个都了解 |
[02:59] | Did you ever come on board? | 你曾经试过吗? |
[03:05] | No. | 没有 |
[03:08] | Never had a campaign fling? | 在竞选活动中从没发生过? |
[03:12] | No. | 没有 |
[03:30] | You want another drink? | 再来一杯? |
[03:35] | No. | 不用了 |
[04:32] | Transcript and Synchro GinadeCai | |
[06:09] | 3 a.m. | 凌晨3点 |
[06:15] | Did you get any sleep? | 睡了没? |
[06:16] | A little, you? | 一会儿 你呢? |
[06:21] | Yeah, you don’t have to leave. | 哦 你不用走 |
[06:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:25] | I mean you don’t have to sneak out. | 我是说 你不用偷偷溜走 |
[06:27] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[06:30] | I didn’t wanna make this awkward, I just did, right? | 我不想弄尴尬了 就象刚才 |
[06:34] | I was just checking the news sites. | 我只是在看新闻网站 |
[06:36] | In a sweater? | 穿着毛衣? |
[06:38] | For warmth. | 这样暖和一点 |
[07:00] | Why don’t I go and get us some coffee? | 我去拿点咖啡吧? |
[07:01] | How are you feeling? | 你还好吧? |
[07:03] | I really wanna win this thing. | 我只是很想竞选获胜 |
[07:09] | Coffee would be great, cream and… | 咖啡会很棒 加点奶油和… |
[07:11] | … three sugars. | …三颗糖 |
[07:12] | I already checked AP, nothing new,… | 我看了美联社的报道 没什么特别 |
[07:15] | …you should take a look at Reuters. | 你再看一下路透社的 |
[07:25] | Scotch, Otto, exercise, you should rehydrate. | 威士忌 玫瑰油加锻炼 你该散散热了 |
[07:28] | I was hoping I could be escaping people for a little while. | 我只是想单独呆一会儿 |
[07:30] | Well, the front desk clerk gave you up. | 前台服务生叫我来的 |
[07:32] | What did he say, little thorg is down on the treadmill, go seek her out? | 他说什么?小thorg在拿踏步机撒气 去瞧瞧她怎么了? |
[07:35] | No, he said he opened the gym for a lady | 不是 他说…. 他为一个女人打开了健身房 |
[07:37] | with liquor breath and crazy eyes. | 那女人酒气冲天 双眼迷离 |
[07:40] | What do you got there? | 有什么消息? |
[07:41] | Vinick made a crack last night about the Congressman’s lack of… | 昨晚Vinick讽刺了克利夫兰市的国会议员 |
[07:44] | … foreign policy experience in Cleveland. | 说他们缺少外事经验 |
[07:46] | Well, it’s hard to effectively fire back at him on Election Day. | 那么 选举日那天 他 很难有效地挽回这次失误 |
[07:50] | There’s two and a half hours before the polls open in the East. | 东区的民意测验 还有2个半小时就公布了 |
[08:01] | …for coming and joining me in Houston on this historic evening, | ….在这个意义重大的晚上 能来到休斯顿 与我一同度过 |
[08:03] | tonight I’m both honored and humbled by the certitude, | 毫无疑问 今晚我又荣幸又紧张 |
[08:09] | No one actually uses the word certitude. | 没人用“毫无疑问 ”这个字眼吧? |
[08:12] | Not really. | 是不常用 |
[08:13] | You couldn’t sleep either? | 你也睡不着吗? |
[08:15] | Final pass of the victory and concession speeches. | 最后审核下成功演说和落选演说 |
[08:17] | It was either this or a solitaire tournament with the Advance guys. | 不然 就是跟放款部的家伙们 玩单人纸牌的比赛 |
[08:37] | – Hey! | – Hey! 嘿 嘿 |
[08:39] | – Welcome to the Club! – No one can sleep. | 欢迎加入! 没人睡得着 |
[08:41] | Evidently. | 显然 |
[08:42] | You seen Reuters? | 看路透社的新闻没? |
[08:43] | Vinick suggested the Congressman can’t handle the crisis | 在昨晚的某个活动中 |
[08:45] | in Kazahstan… | Vinick暗示国会议员解决不了 |
[08:46] | …in some event last night. | 哈萨克人的危机 |
[08:48] | A response from the Congressman won’t do much of it now … | 现在国会议员的反应不起什么作用 |
[08:50] | but we’ve got Bartlet cabinet members | 不过 我们让Bartlet的内阁成员 |
[08:52] | across country doing sattelite spin this morning… | 今早在全国开始行动了 |
[08:54] | … and they can mention our guy’s military experience. | 他们会强调我们的军事经验 |
[08:56] | Ok, great. | 好的 很好 |
[09:03] | Tell me you found my pantyhose. | 我的连裤袜收起来了没 |
[09:12] | This is it. | 就是这儿了 |
[09:13] | Wow, it’s less glamurous than I imagined. | 哇 没想象那么棒 |
[09:17] | We sold the leather couches for our last media buy. | 上次的电视购物 我们卖了皮睡椅 |
[09:21] | Funny man. | 你很风趣 |
[09:23] | Pretty witty. | 也很聪明 |
[09:27] | Makes me want to … | 让我想… |
[09:34] | I should check the fax. | 我得看一下传真 |
[09:35] | I already did. | 我看过了 |
[09:40] | You got nothing better to do at 4 in the morning? | 凌晨4点没别的事可做了? |
[09:42] | Apparently not. | 显然没有 |
[09:49] | – Jane Brown, Carrie… – Marina. | 这位是Jane Brown Carrie… 我是Marina |
[09:53] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[09:55] | Senator got Santos sarcastics down last night. | 昨晚参议员被Santos讽刺了一通 |
[09:57] | Yeah, I saw. | 我看见了 |
[09:58] | Maybe, too little too late. | 也许 成效不大 太晚了点 |
[09:59] | – No, it was part of the show. – Yeah. | 不 这只是部分表演罢了 是啊 |
[10:01] | When’s he landing? | 他什么时候下飞机? |
[10:02] | Hour and a half on LAX, then up to Santa Paula to vote. | 一个半小时后到洛杉机机场 然后直接到圣保拉市去投票 |
[10:08] | Bathroom? | 卫生间在哪? |
[10:12] | – Second door… – …to the left. | 二楼… 左拐 |
[10:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:18] | – It’s cute. – Yeah. | 她很迷人 是的 |
[10:20] | – Little young? – Yale grad. | 太年轻了点? 耶鲁的毕业生 |
[10:24] | Almost grad. | 快毕业了 |
[10:27] | – Couldn’t sleep. – Oh, sure. | 睡不着 哦 是的 |
[10:31] | God, I hate the waiting. | 天!我讨厌等待 |
[10:42] | Say something. | 说点什么吧 |
[10:44] | Nothing to say. | 没什么可说的 |
[10:46] | Someone should be telling me to change my shirt or… | 有人该提醒我换衬衣…… |
[10:48] | … not to change the health care section of my stump speech or… | 或者…..提醒我 不要改变 政治演说里关于“健康护理”那段 |
[10:51] | …at least where we’re going now. | 或者…起码能告诉我现在要去哪 |
[10:52] | We’re going to the polling place to vote and then home. | 我们到投票现场去投票 然后回家 |
[10:54] | Stump speech? | 还是政治演说? |
[10:55] | Delivered for the last time. | 最后一次了 |
[10:57] | And we’re not running late? | 来得及吗? |
[10:58] | Right on time. | 刚刚好 |
[11:00] | Unbelieveable. | 不敢相信 |
[11:09] | Hey, you look great. | 嘿 看起来不错 |
[11:11] | I changed. | 我换了身衣服 |
[11:13] | I noticed. | 看出来了 |
[11:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:16] | Teddy’s got the war room up and running? | Teddy很有可能竞选成功吗? |
[11:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:19] | I didn’t wanna be wearing the same clothes as last night. | 我不想穿昨晚的衣服 |
[11:21] | Right. | 没错 |
[11:24] | How’s our ‘Get Out The Vote’ effort looking? | 我们拉选票的情况怎么样? |
[11:26] | Great, I hope. | 希望不错 |
[11:28] | You don’t have to worry. A lot of people are gonna be doing the walk of shame today. | 别担心 今天很多人都干了傻事 |
[11:32] | Not that what we did was shameful. Or is shameful,that’s not what I meant. | 不是说我们的行为是可耻的 即便是 我也没那么认为 |
[11:38] | So, | 那么…. |
[11:39] | There’s a lot of everything we’ve talked about, you’ve got 15.000 volunteers… | 很多事 我们都讨论过了 你有15,000名志愿者 |
[11:42] | …nation wide, knocking on doors, reg and asking for vote into the polls. | 在全国各地..挨家挨户敲门 让人参与竞选投票 |
[11:44] | Great, where are the surrogates? | 好极了 委员们都在哪? |
[11:46] | Contacted surrogates are doing morning news shows in Ohio, Florida… | 负责联络的委员在各地做早间新闻 比如俄亥俄州 佛罗里达州 |
[11:48] | …Pennsylvania, Texas and California. | 宾夕法尼亚州 德克萨斯州和加利福尼亚州 |
[11:50] | Russell? | Russel呢? |
[11:51] | Vicepresident is in Colorado today, but he’s available for sidelights, | 副总统今天在科罗拉多州 他可以对付一些琐事 |
[11:53] | Griffin, Atkins and Baker are all available, they’ll pick up a flight when needed, | Griffin Atkins Baker都有空 需要的话 随时可以飞过来 |
[11:57] | depending what the exit polls say. | 根据以往的竞选经验 |
[11:59] | Hispanic vote? | 西班牙裔的投票情况如何? |
[12:00] | Radio spots, targeting largely hispanic counties in California and Florida, | 加利福尼亚州和佛罗里达州的电台 听众多为西班牙移民 |
[12:04] | and the Congressman will hit Texas this afternoon on the radio. | 今天下午议员会通过电台 在德克萨斯州拉票 |
[12:07] | Right. | 很好 |
[12:08] | We’ve got it completely handled, Josh. | Josh 一切尽在我们掌握了 |
[12:10] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | 给你 谢谢 |
[12:12] | Really? | 确信吗? |
[12:14] | Really. | 没错 |
[12:16] | Well, this is it. Wait begins. | 好吧 就这样 等待开始了 |
[12:19] | Well, it’s about that time for you to do your thing. | 到时间做你该做的事了 |
[12:22] | My thing? | 我该做的? |
[12:23] | Thank the troops. | 感谢团队 |
[12:26] | You did realize that you’re gonna have do that, right? | 你该意识到你得这么做 是吧? |
[12:27] | Right. | 没错 |
[12:29] | Right. Hey! Everyone! Gather around! | 好吧 嘿 大家都过来一下 |
[12:38] | I didn’t know most of you before last January and … | 去年1月以前 大多数人我都还不认识 |
[12:46] | Wow, we’ve along 11 months. | 我们一起呆了有11个月了 |
[12:50] | I hope you’ve all learned a lot. | 我希望你们都能有很多收获 |
[12:52] | I know that I’ve learned a few things from you, for instance, I didn’t know that I… | 我知道我从你们那里学到的 比如….我学会了….. |
[12:56] | …would need to explain that we don’t do shout-outs during radio interviews, | 在电台采访时 应该解释我们没有呼吁的原因 |
[13:00] | and that we don’t encourage our college buddies to hurl expletives at our opponent. | 我们不鼓励同伴咒骂竞争对手 |
[13:05] | Who was responsible for that thing, anyway? Who was it? | 总之 是谁告诉我的?是谁? |
[13:11] | – Dave, take a bow! | Dave!Dave !非常感谢! |
[13:14] | You fired him. | 你已经把他解雇了 |
[13:19] | Well, wherever you are, thanks for the lesson. | 不管他在哪儿 感谢他的教导 |
[13:27] | It’s … a special day. | 今天… 是特别的一天 |
[13:31] | A high point in your young impressionable lives. | 达到你年轻又敏感的生命的顶点 |
[13:36] | So go. Take a few minutes to enjoy it. | 去吧 花几分钟享受一下 |
[13:42] | And then, call your family and friends, make sure they vote it. | 然后 打电话给你的家人和朋友 确定他们都投票了 |
[13:45] | Actually, ask them about the lines at their polling precints, | 事实上 打听下他们所在选区 的投票倾向 |
[13:48] | so we know if our ‘Get Out The Vote’ is working. | 我们能知道“拉选票”是否有效 |
[13:49] | They can report any harassment, | 他们可以倾诉任何烦恼 |
[13:51] | anything weird, or if it’s snowing, whatever. | 任何古怪的事 或者下雪之类的 不管什么事…. |
[13:54] | They can tell you that. | 只要他们想说 |
[14:01] | I’m serious. Call them. | 没开玩笑 打电话去吧 |
[14:10] | Good group. | 优秀团队 |
[14:11] | You might wanna work the phrase ‘thank you’ in there somewhere. | 你可以顺便提下“谢谢”这个词 |
[14:14] | Thank you, I appreciate it. | 谢谢 我很感激 |
[14:18] | O key-dokey. | 终于好了 |
[14:20] | Polls open in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. | 投票开始 |
[14:31] | Senator Arnold Vinick’s campaign | 今早参议员Arnold Vinick竞选活动 |
[14:33] | made this final stop in a election season… | 也是竞选巡回演说的最后一站 |
[14:35] | …this morning here in Santa Paula, California…. | 将会在加利福尼亚的圣保拉市 |
[14:38] | Senator Vinick returned to his hometown… | 参议员Vinick回到了他的家乡 |
[14:41] | Come in. | 请进 |
[14:48] | Breakfast. | 早餐 |
[14:49] | Are we going steady? | 我们确定关系了吗? |
[14:51] | You called me. | 是你叫我送的 |
[14:53] | The speeches. | 那些演讲稿… |
[14:53] | You approved them already. One if we win, one if we lose. | 你已经核对过了 一篇当选的 一篇落选的 |
[14:56] | I think we may need another one. | 我想大概还要一份 |
[14:58] | Isn’t it pretty black and white? | 这么分还不够清楚? |
[14:59] | We’ve put a lot of emphasis | 我们一直都强调 |
[15:01] | on the Congressman being the first Hispanic candidate. | 议员是第一个西班牙裔候选人 |
[15:02] | We may need one in case he doesn’t sweep the Hispanic vote. | 我们需要另一份演讲稿 以防他没有赢得西班牙裔的选票 |
[15:05] | Ok. | 好的 |
[15:06] | – You know, be prepared? – Great. | 只是以防万一 很周到 |
[15:09] | Are you waiting for a hug or something? | 你在等什么?一个拥抱还是什么? |
[15:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:22] | California, Nevada, Washington and Idaho. | 加利福尼亚州 内华达州 华盛顿州和爱达荷州 |
[15:24] | Polls are now open everywhere, people. | 各位 投票全面展开了 |
[15:26] | Alaska and Hawaii aren’t open yet. | 阿拉斯加州和夏威夷州还没开始 |
[15:28] | The two states on which | 总统竞选的结果 |
[15:29] | the outcome of the presidential race so often depends. | 总是要靠这两个州的选票结果 |
[15:30] | Idaho was ever the linchpin. | 爱达荷州也是个关键 |
[15:32] | And Senator’s voting there and meeting his daughter for breakfast. | 参议员在那里投票 并和他女儿吃早餐 |
[15:35] | Is it too early to order the lunch? | 现在订午餐是不是太早了? |
[15:37] | Stan came up an hour ago. | Stan 一小时前就出现了 |
[15:39] | I’m starving. How’s the Hispanic turnout in Florida? | 我饿死了 佛罗里达州的西班牙裔情况怎样? |
[15:41] | Governor spent out all morning, | 州长整个早晨都在忙 |
[15:42] | we’ve got 10.000 volunteers in Jacksonville, | 我们有10,000名自愿者 |
[15:44] | Orlando, Tampa and Miami. | 分布在杰克逊维尔 奥兰多 坦帕 迈阿密(均为佛罗里达州主要城市) |
[15:46] | And ‘Get Out the Vote’? | “拉选票”的情况呢? |
[15:47] | Hey, they switched this. | 怎么回事?怎么现在插播? |
[15:48] | As we go live to Houston, Texas… | 现在是德克萨斯州的休斯顿市现场… |
[15:50] | It’s morning in Texas already. | 德克萨斯州已经是早晨了 |
[15:52] | We missed the only morning cover in the East. | 我们错过了东部地区唯一的露脸机会 |
[15:54] | Yeah, but they cut it into our California coverage perfectly. | 是啊 他们插播得也太完美了 |
[15:59] | After hosting a rally in Los Angeles… | 在主持了洛杉矶的集会后… |
[16:01] | They all switched from Vinick to Santos. | 他们都从支持Vinick转到支持Santos |
[16:03] | Lou’s a genious. | Lou是天才 |
[16:04] | How was last night? | 昨晚怎样? |
[16:06] | I changed the health care portion of the stump again, but… | 调整了下巡回演说里 有关“健康护理”的部分 不过… |
[16:09] | otherwise, 45.000 screaming devotees, kind of cold-like. | 相反的 45,000名拥护者 表现得很冷静 |
[16:14] | How’s he today? | 他今天怎样? |
[16:15] | Sort of relaxed. | 很放松 |
[16:16] | – You’re kidding? – No. It’s kinda weird calm. | 开玩笑? 没有 是超乎寻常的冷静 |
[16:20] | We’re hanging back to the house, after this. How long to the first exit polls? | 结束后 我们就会回去 第一个投票区选举结束还有多久? |
[16:23] | A couple of hours. | 几个小时 |
[16:24] | Can’t tell you how bad that is. | 你想不到今天有多糟糕 |
[16:27] | 4 rallies in 4 states. 4 buses, 3 flights… | 在四个州搞四次集会 得换四趟巴士 坐三次飞机 |
[16:31] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[16:37] | We need turnout in Boston. Huge turnout. | 我们需要波士顿的选票 大量的选票 |
[16:40] | Vinick’s gonna win Western Massachusets, | Vinick就要赢得麻省西部的票了 |
[16:42] | he’s probably gonna take Cape Cod. | 他很可能争取科德角 |
[16:43] | We need to run up the score in Boston. | 我们必须抬高波士顿的成绩 |
[16:45] | – Yeah. – It’s raining. | 是的 那里在下雨 |
[16:46] | Yeah, well, she beat you to the punch. | 她比你先行动了 |
[16:49] | Though we’re already monitoring weather conditions and traffic patterns, | 虽然我们已经在监控 天气情况和交通情况 |
[16:52] | Massachusets field ops called, | 马萨诸塞选区打电话说 |
[16:55] | says they’re distributing umbrellas | 他们正在分发雨伞 |
[16:57] | for volunteers and escorting voters… | 给志愿者们 还有陪同的选民们 |
[16:58] | … from their cars to the polling places. | 从停车场一直到投票地点 |
[17:00] | – We could use some aditional… – Drive time? Absolutely. | 我们可以利用其他的… 开车时间?当然 |
[17:02] | Scheduled for… | 计划是在…….3点 |
[17:04] | …3:00. National Weather Service says | 国家气象总局说 |
[17:07] | there’s another high pressure system… | 那时会出现另一股高压云团 |
[17:07] | …coming through. They expect to rain by 2:00. Good news is… | 他们希望2点前能下雨 好消息是…. |
[17:10] | …shower should linger over the Berkshires, | 阵雨会在Berkshires逗留 |
[17:13] | …slowing down any Vinick supporters still getting out there to the polls. | 给Vinick投票的支持者们 会逐步减少 |
[17:17] | Now, we’re getting new weather models every half hour. | 现在 每半个小时就有新的天气图 |
[17:19] | You wanna see them? | 你要看吗? |
[17:20] | No, we’re fine. We don’t need them. Thanks. | 不用了 我们很好 不需要了 谢谢 |
[17:22] | Josh, we are completely and totally under control. | Josh 我们完全掌控着大局 |
[17:25] | We’ve been planning this for 5 months. This is Teddie. | 我们花了5个月时间计划的 我是Teddie |
[17:27] | -You know what? – What? | 你知道吗? 什么? |
[17:28] | – On the elevator today… – Yeah? | 今天在电梯里… 恩? |
[17:30] | I was talking to a man who didn’t even know it was Election Day. | 我跟一个男人聊天 他甚至不知道今天是选举日 |
[17:37] | Jeremy? Ride the elevator for a few hours. | Jeremy 你去电梯那边呆会 |
[17:40] | Anyone from Houston, remind him to vote. | 提醒所有休斯敦人别忘了投票 |
[17:41] | I was thinking this morning I wish we should do an additional speech. | 今天早上我在想 我应该再做一次演说 |
[17:44] | – One in the event… – Hispanic vote draft, you wanna take a look? | 在活动中演说… 有关西班牙裔票选的初稿 看一下? |
[17:47] | It’s different from the electoral college vote, another if… | 跟选举团投票时不同 准备另外一个如果… |
[17:51] | No, I got you. What you want it’s 2 speeches. | 不 听我说 你只要准备两个演说 |
[17:53] | One if we win the electoral and lose the popular, | 一个是赢得了选举却失了民众 |
[17:55] | and the other if viceversa happens, yeah? | 另一个则是相反的情况 明白了? |
[17:58] | – Yeah. – 2 more. | 是的 就两个 |
[17:59] | – 2 more. Do 2. – Do 2. You’re right. | 两个 就两个 两个 没错! |
[18:10] | – I’m sorry, what’s your name? – Drew. | 不好意思 你叫什么? |
[18:14] | What are you doing in…? You know… | 你在做的是…..什么? |
[18:16] | Bram wants me to make sure that everything is going smoothly for the party tonight. | Bram让我去确认 今晚的宴会是否准备妥当了 |
[18:22] | They’re about to start doing some soundtracks in the ballroom. | 他们在舞厅里准备音乐 |
[18:24] | Go. | 去吧 |
[18:28] | – You mind if I come along… with you? Sorry. | 你介意我跟你一起去吗? |
[18:41] | If you are heading towards my office with those, you should rethink your course. | 如果你打算拿这些来给我看 不如重新考虑下你的饭碗 |
[18:44] | – Illustrious job offers. – Post me about the election. | 好厉害的上司 给我有关选举的资料 |
[18:47] | No word on the exit polls. I just checked with Will. | 民意调查方面没什么消息 我刚刚问过Will |
[18:49] | Fine. | 好的 |
[18:49] | Margaret’s been setting a meeting with potential future employers, | Margaret已经安排好了 与未来各部领导的会议 |
[18:52] | I took it upon myself to do some research. | 我负责做一些研究报告 |
[18:54] | She’s supposed to scheduled them in January. | 她得等到1月份才开始安排 |
[18:55] | See, always busy people. They scheduled the January meetings in November. | 看吧 都是忙人 11月就提前安排1月份的事了 |
[18:59] | Board directors at Johnson & Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, SBC, | Boeing和SBC的董事长们 |
[19:03] | personal, corporate and human resources at GE, | 公私交情不错的GE人事经理 |
[19:06] | Kennedy’s school’s looking for a new D, | 肯尼迪学院正在找一位新董事 |
[19:07] | Everyone wants you. | 每个人都在找你 |
[19:08] | Do you really think today is the day for this? | 你真想现在谈这些? |
[19:09] | One has offices in Prague, though you have to be fluent in Czech. | 一个在布拉格(捷克首都)有办事处 所以你得说流利的捷克语 |
[19:12] | Another one, a company jet. Not Air Force One, but not bad. | 另一个 公司有私家飞机 不是空军一号那种 但也不赖 |
[19:16] | A lot of them have great stock options, something you should look into. | 大部分人都有优先认股权 是你感兴趣的东西 |
[19:19] | Suckers could be worth something someday. | 有了股权 迟早会赚疯的 |
[20:03] | 3.000 people have been invited. | 已经邀请了3000人 |
[20:04] | 30.000 are gonna try to make it through the door. | 还有30,000人希望能来参加 |
[20:07] | Well, Security’s setting up overflow areas outside. | 保安会在外面设卡 不让人进来 |
[20:11] | Is that the Floo Fighters? | 那是Floo Fighters吗? |
[20:14] | Foo Fighters. | 是Foo Fighters |
[20:15] | – Yeah. – It’s not The Floo Fighters. | 是的 不是Floo Fighters |
[20:19] | Yeah, that is them. We’ve got 9 performers doing sets from 7 to midnight, so. | 对 就是他们 9个表演者 从7点演到午夜 |
[20:25] | I love… Foo Fighters. | 我喜欢Foo Fighters |
[20:30] | These guys voted, right? | 这些家伙投过票了 对吧? |
[20:34] | Josh Lyman. | 我是Josh Lyman |
[20:35] | Where are you? | 你在哪? |
[20:37] | In the Grand Ballroom, supervising. | 在大舞厅现场监督 |
[20:39] | I’m looking for you. | 我正在找你 |
[20:41] | Yeah, I don’t know if you needed some space, or… | 哦 我不知道你是不是需要一些空间 或者… |
[20:44] | Come upstairs, we’ve just got the first round of exit polls. | 到楼上来 我们刚刚得到第一轮民意调查 |
[20:47] | – What? – The exit polls. They’re here. | 什么? 民意调查 刚刚到的 |
[21:08] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们在哪? |
[21:09] | School. It’s a Tuesday. | 学校 今天是星期二 |
[21:12] | It’s kind of a big day. | 今天是重要的日子 |
[21:14] | They’ll be home by 3:00. | 他们3点前会回来 |
[21:19] | What do I do here the whole day? | 那我今天一天该干点什么? |
[21:22] | – You can sleep… – No, I don’t think so. | 你可以睡觉 不 我睡不着 |
[21:25] | Come on. | 去吧 |
[21:26] | I don’t think I can close my eyes. | 我想我合不上眼睛 |
[21:38] | We’ll find something else to do. | 我们可以干点别的 |
[21:41] | What do we got? | 情况如何? |
[21:42] | I got you something. | 给你的 |
[21:45] | – Gift? – Whatever. | 礼物? 管它呢 |
[21:48] | Mark… Blue markers! | 标记… 蓝色记号笔? |
[21:50] | Check it out. See it for yourself. | 看看吧 你自己看 |
[21:52] | Really? | 真的? |
[21:54] | North Carolina, we’re up by 1. | 北卡罗来纳州 我们高出1% |
[21:57] | Up by 2 in Georgia. | 乔治亚州上高出2% |
[21:59] | Look at Louisiana and Virginia. All over the South. We are in it. | 看一下路易斯安那州和弗吉尼亚州 整个南部地区 我们大获全胜 |
[22:03] | Military voters going for Santos. | 部队的选民倾向于Santos |
[22:05] | Or the Republican value voters are staying home. | 也许共和党支持者都还没出门 |
[22:09] | We’re only up by 6 in Massachusettes? Isn’t that a little low? | 马萨诸塞州我们才高出6%? 是不是有点低了? |
[22:12] | It’s raining. | 那里在下雨 |
[22:12] | Ahead by 12 points in New York, 7 in New Jersey. | 最高的是纽约 高出12% 新泽西州是7% |
[22:15] | – Dead even in Texas. – It’s still early. | 德克萨斯州持平 还有时间 |
[22:17] | Are we really playing in the South? | 我们没在南部地区花力气? |
[22:18] | Maryland, Vermont, Conneticut, Delaware, | 马里兰州 佛蒙特州 康涅狄格州 特拉华州 |
[22:20] | I think we can put most of the Northeast in our pocket. | 大部分东北区选票都能纳入囊中了 |
[22:22] | Hey! Cautious optimism. | 喂 别太乐观了 |
[22:34] | Your face is frozen in an odd way. | 你的脸色看起来怪怪的 |
[22:37] | Unattractively? | 不迷人了? |
[22:39] | Not entirely. | 有一点 |
[22:44] | I think my head’s gonna explode. | 我觉得头要爆炸了 |
[22:49] | Maybe you should… take a walk or something. | 或许你应该… 散会儿步或者干点别的 |
[22:53] | Try to de-stress a little, before the next numbers come out. | 在下组数字出来之前 舒缓一下压力 |
[22:58] | You wanna take a walk? | 去散步吗? |
[23:01] | or…something? | 或者…干点别的? |
[23:13] | You want some water? | 要喝水吗? |
[23:15] | You have a bottle over there? | 你有瓶装水? |
[23:18] | – Tap water. – No, thanks. | 自来水 不用了 谢谢 |
[23:22] | But thank you. | 还是得谢谢你 |
[23:29] | Do you mind if I turn on the TV and see if there’s any news? | 不介意我开电视看看新闻吧? |
[23:31] | Please. | 开吧 |
[23:34] | At least I didn’t bring my Blackberry to bed. | 还好我没把黑莓带上床 |
[23:38] | It could be worse. | 不然会更糟 |
[23:40] | Less romantic. | 不够浪漫 |
[23:42] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[23:44] | President Bartlet and his wife flew to their home in Manchester, NH, | 昨晚 总统Bartlet携妻子返回了 新罕布什尔州曼彻斯特的老家 |
[23:48] | last night, and went to their local polling place first thing this morning. | 今早头一件事就是去当地的投票点 |
[23:52] | – This may sound silly. – No, what? | 这个听起来挺可笑 不啊 怎么? |
[23:56] | I’m worried about that new law in Minnesota prohibiting media and pollsters… | 我担心的是明尼苏达州的新法规 禁止媒体和民意调查者 |
[23:59] | …within 100 feet of polling places. | 出现在投票点100英尺之内 |
[24:01] | That’s certainly less romantic. | 听上去有点夸张 |
[24:03] | I was looking at some of the county data earlier in Dakota county, | 我正在看达科他州部分地区的数据 |
[24:06] | Republicans have a 16% edge in registered voters, | 在注册的选民中共和党多了16% |
[24:09] | but the exit polls show us leading by 8%. | 但是民意测验显示我们只领先8% |
[24:12] | I wonder if the law is affecting the accuracy of the numbers we’re getting. | 我怀疑我们所得到的数据 受到了法律的影响 不够准确 |
[24:14] | Or am I just being paranoid. I’m just … being paranoid. Forget it. | 还是我有点偏执…. 也许吧 管它呢 |
[24:27] | – Hello? – Hey! | 你好 喂 |
[24:29] | Can you pull out the numbers coming out of Minnesota? Thanks. | 能把明尼苏达州的数据给我吗? 谢谢 |
[24:35] | Speedy… | 真快啊 |
[24:38] | – Hello! | – Hello! 喂 喂 |
[24:42] | Hang on! | 等一下 |
[24:44] | Do you have Donna? | 你跟Donna在一起吗? |
[24:46] | What? | 什么? |
[24:47] | Do you have Donna? | 你跟Donna在一起吗? |
[24:49] | Have her? | 跟她? |
[24:49] | Do you know where she is? | 你知道她在哪吗? |
[24:52] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[24:55] | – Is Josh in there? – Yeah. | Josh在里面? 是的 |
[24:56] | Can you tell Donna Lou needs her to do some spin on MSNBC? | 请转告Donna Lou要她在MSNBC上做宣传 |
[25:00] | And I have Minnesota numbers for you. | 我拿来了明尼苏达的数据 |
[25:12] | Up 1 in South Carolina, 2 in Tennessee. | 南卡罗来纳州领先了1% 田纳西州领先2% |
[25:15] | So are all the odd in Alabama, Arkansas and Mississippi, but only up by 1 in California. | 阿拉巴马州 阿肯色州和密西西州 都领先了 加利福尼亚州只领先了1% |
[25:19] | We got to keep him moving today. | 今天得让它再高点 |
[25:21] | San Diego, Dana Point, Newport Beach, Los Angeles, | 圣迭戈 丹那岬 纽波特海滩和洛杉矶 (均为加州主要城市) |
[25:23] | and we need to schedule some drivetime. | 我们得留出开车时间 |
[25:25] | The twin stops while he’s travelling, Annie. | Annie 那就得一路上边走边停 |
[25:27] | This Minnesota numbers are rough. We should have more finance on… | 明尼苏达州的数据不精确 我们应该在民意测验上 |
[25:29] | … showing gap at the exit polls. | 多投入点资金才行 |
[25:31] | Dakota county has Santos leading by 8 points. | 达科他州Santos领先8% |
[25:33] | The youth voters are 14% across the state, mostly going democratic, | 年轻的选民占了14% 大部分倾向于民主党 |
[25:37] | it’s … <> our numbers. | 抑制了我们的票数 |
[25:38] | Yeah, but that should stay for all. This working people vote on their way home. | 是的 还没完呢 工作的人会在下班后去投票 |
[25:40] | I shouldn’t worry, right? | 我不应该担心的 是吧? |
[25:42] | You shouldn’t. | 当然不用 |
[25:46] | Superstitious. One of my Election Day good luck routines. | 吉祥物 选举日有好运气的方法之一 |
[25:49] | One of? | 之一? |
[25:50] | You met Carrie already. | 你已经见过Carrie了 |
[25:53] | Senator Arnold Vinick continued campaigning through his homestate… | 今天下午参议员Arnold Vinick 继续在他的家乡拉票 |
[25:57] | … this afternoon. Hosting events in towns along the coast of Southern California… | 沿着加利福尼亚州南部海岸 做巡回演说 |
[26:01] | Hosting events, right? | 巡回演说? |
[26:02] | Rally in San Diego, and Dana Point. | 在圣迭戈和丹那岬召开集会 |
[26:05] | What’s his public schedule say for today? | 今天他公开的行程是什么? |
[26:06] | Voting and breakfast in Santa Paula. | 在圣保拉市投票和吃早餐 |
[26:08] | We should have the Congressman in California. | 我们应该让议员去加利福尼亚州 |
[26:09] | A little late in the game for that. | 现在有点太晚了 |
[26:10] | 150.000 square miles in the State of California, 30 million voters. | 加利福尼亚州有150,000平方英里 有3000万的选民 |
[26:14] | They can’t exactly plan to move all with a megaphone… | 他们不可能只靠个扩音器 |
[26:16] | … and hope to reach out some undecided. | 来左右那些还犹豫不决的民众 |
[26:17] | That’s what Vinick’s doing! | 所以Vinik正在做这个 |
[26:18] | <>is already doing it, is better than networks, | xx在做的比广播要好得多 |
[26:20] | …and the Congressman is scheduled to hit LA in the big areas, some drivetime radio. | 议员安排在洛杉矶大范围的宣传 利用大家开车时听广播的时间 |
[26:23] | Leo have an impact in Akron? | Leo在阿克伦城做得如何? |
[26:25] | Nearly 17.000 of our voters didn’t budge when the skies open up and started… | 天公不作美 暴雨连连 |
[26:28] | …dumping buckets of water on them. | 不过 将近17,000名选民坚持初衷 |
[26:30] | Everything’s fine, Josh. We’ll reach those undecideds. | Josh 一切都很好 我们会争取到那些还在犹豫的人 |
[26:32] | Oh, well, I think … we already have. | 哦 我想…..我们已经争取到了 |
[26:37] | New exit polls are in. | 新的民意测验结果 |
[26:43] | In Illinois? | 伊利诺斯州的? |
[26:45] | South Carolina? Are you kidding? | 南卡罗来纳州?没开玩笑? |
[26:48] | All right. Thanks, Eddie. Yeah, I’ll let him know. | 好吧 谢谢 Eddie 我会告诉他的 |
[26:50] | So? | 那么? |
[26:51] | We’re up 4 in Colorado, 5 in Connecticut, 3 in Illinois, 7 in Maryland. | 科罗拉多州领先4% 康涅狄格州领先5% 伊利诺斯州领先3% 马里兰州领先7% |
[26:55] | Pennsylvania, Michigan? | 宾夕法尼亚州和密歇根州呢? |
[26:56] | Up both by 2. | 都是2% |
[26:57] | And we’ve moved ahead in California. | 加利福尼亚州我们已经领先了 |
[27:02] | Do you wanna tell him or should I? | 你去告诉他还是我去? |
[27:04] | He’s asleep. | 他在睡觉 |
[27:06] | Really? | 是吗? |
[27:07] | Really. | 是的 |
[27:09] | Should we wake him up? | 要不要叫醒他? |
[27:11] | No, the kids will be here any minute. Let him sleep. | 不用 孩子随时都会回来 让他睡吧 |
[27:19] | Down by 3 in South Carolina. | 南卡罗来纳州落后3% |
[27:21] | That can’t be right. | 不一定是对的 |
[27:22] | Down by 2 in California. | 加利福尼亚州落后2% |
[27:24] | Are you watching this? | 你在看这个? |
[27:25] | We’re ahead in North Carolina and South Carolina. | 在北卡罗来纳州和南卡罗来纳州 我们已经领先了 |
[27:28] | When was the last time that a Democrat played in that region? | 上一次是民主党在这个地区领先 |
[27:34] | Someone has seen the numbers out of Syracuse? | 有人看见锡拉丘兹市的数据吗? |
[27:36] | Yeah, the Senator’s winning… with 53% of the vote. | 参议员以53%的选票获胜 |
[27:40] | That should be somewhere around 65%, excuse me. | 应该有个地方是65%左右 等一下 |
[27:42] | 154 electoral votes of the states are in call right now. | 现在已经有154票了 |
[27:48] | Including Florida? | 包括佛罗里达州吗? |
[27:49] | No. So, 181 for being optimist. | 还没有 那么 乐观点想会有181票 |
[27:53] | Are we being optimistic? | 我们很乐观吗? |
[27:56] | Vermont turnout stands 50%, New Hampshire, Minnesota… | 佛蒙特州占了50% 新罕布什尔州和明尼苏达州… |
[27:59] | something’s not right here. | 这里有点不对 |
[28:01] | Ok, based on exit polls, I’ve got 201. | 依据民意测验 会有201票 |
[28:06] | With or without Texas? | 包不包括德克萨斯州? |
[28:07] | Without. | 不包括 |
[28:08] | We could be at 235. | 那我们大概会有235票 |
[28:09] | Nuclear accident came in handy. | 爆炸性事件唾手可得 |
[28:13] | We’re encouraged by the numbers showing in the Midwest and West. | 中西部地区的结果让我们倍受鼓舞 |
[28:16] | Turnout’s up 6% in California alone. | 仅加利福尼亚州就领先了6% |
[28:18] | I think voters wanted to change and they know Arnold Vinick. | 我想 在了解Arnold Vinick后 选民们会有所改变 |
[28:22] | Someone didn’t see the exit polls. | 她没有看民意测验 |
[28:23] | They call it ‘spin’ for a reason. | 所以他们把这个叫做“政见” |
[28:25] | Hey, how’s that adolescent part of you feeling now? | 现在你对那部分年轻人怎么想? |
[28:27] | Happier, thanks. | 好多了 谢谢 |
[28:28] | Did you hear some of the junior staffers talking about… | 听说没 几个小职员在谈论 |
[28:30] | … what kind of posters they wanna hang up on their White House Walls? | 用哪种海报贴在白宫墙上? |
[28:32] | Who is doing that? | 谁在谈这个? |
[28:33] | A couple of guys with accent in Advance. | 放款部带口音的那几个家伙 |
[28:37] | This Minnesota numbers still don’t make sense. | 明尼苏达州的数据还是没什么意义 |
[28:39] | Don’t sweat Dakota county. | 别再计较达科他州了 |
[28:40] | As long as we’re pounding Vinick in the 4th and 5th districts, we’re good. | 只要在第四和第五选区狠狠打击Vinick 我们就算完成了 |
[28:53] | Hey, stranger! | 嘿 稀客啊 |
[28:54] | What’s it been? 8 hours? | 怎么?才8个小时没见? |
[28:55] | Saw your briefing this morning. | 早上看到你的汇报 |
[28:56] | Apple cider and lame duck jokes, that all you got? | 苹果酒跟跛脚鸭的笑话 那就是你会的? |
[28:59] | As opposed to you, whose day seems to include watching briefings on C-SPAN … | 跟你不一样 你得看C-SPAN的汇报 |
[29:02] | …and roaming the halls to gossip about them. | 还有在大厅里闲逛聊天 |
[29:04] | I try to prevent war in East Asia, too. | 我也在设法阻止东亚的战争 |
[29:06] | I have to start looking for a job. | 我得开始找工作了 |
[29:08] | In the Santos Administration? | 在Santos的政府吗? |
[29:10] | Exit polls are reading towards that so far. | 目前 民意测验是这么暗示的 |
[29:12] | Would you wanna stay on communications? | 你想留在联络部吗? |
[29:14] | I’m not sure if I wanna stay with federal government. | 我不确定我是否还想留在联邦政府 |
[29:16] | Consulting work is paid in here. | 这里也提供顾问的工作 |
[29:18] | I’m actually feeling a little sentimental about California. | 我真的对加利福尼亚州很有情感 |
[29:21] | California? | 加利福尼亚州? |
[29:21] | Local political work. There’s something romantic about it, really. | 地方的政治工作 充满幻想的地方 |
[29:25] | ‘Romantic’ | 幻想? |
[29:26] | Over seeing a major role race | 在看完一场竞赛角逐之后 |
[29:28] | …in the city that needs a breath of fresh air. | 需要呼吸点新鲜空气 |
[29:30] | Sounds nice. | 听起来不错 |
[29:32] | I’m gonna… | 我要… |
[29:34] | You’re ok? | 你还好吗? |
[29:35] | Yeah, fine. | 很好 |
[29:37] | Keep me updated on the exit polls. | 有新民意测验结果再通知我 |
[29:41] | It’s what I said. | 正如我所说的 |
[29:42] | Hey, listen to this: With victory assured in Ohio, Texas and Pennsylvania, | 嘿 听着:随着在俄亥俄 州 德克萨斯州和宾夕法尼亚州的胜利 |
[29:47] | …Matthew Santos should be preparing to lend his image to the History books. | Matthew Santos应该准备着 把自己的形象载入史册 |
[29:50] | – Who’s that? – A blog, it goes on to call him… | 谁说的? 博客日志 上面一直说他…. |
[29:53] | …Our First Latino President. | 是我们第一位拉丁美洲总统 |
[29:55] | – Doesn’t say candidate? – President. | 没说是候选人? 说的是总统 |
[29:56] | Good photo. | 照片不错 |
[29:56] | I saw the Con in 3 states, even the polls don’t close in the West for 4 more hours. | 我看见3个州投了反对票 西区的投票区多开了4个小时 |
[30:00] | He should burn in hell. | 他应该火烧眉毛了 |
[30:01] | They’re just checking out the same data we are. | 他们看的是和我们一样的数据 |
[30:02] | Posting raw exit poll data… | 没有任何解释和分析 |
[30:04] | without any explanation or analysis… | 公布原始的民意测验数据 |
[30:06] | … is irresponsible and dangerous. | 既不负责任又不安全 |
[30:07] | It’s worse for Vinick. They’re already calling him a loser. | 对Vinick来说更糟糕 他们已经说他是“输家”了 |
[30:09] | Last thing we want. Democrats in Oregon and California… | 最后一件事 俄勒冈州和 加利福尼亚州的民主党人 |
[30:13] | …think they don’t need to go to the polls … | 认为他们不用去投票 |
[30:14] | …because Santos already has in the bag. | 因为Santos已经胜券在握 |
[30:15] | Yeah, while Vinick’s supporters turn it out | 是的 Vinick的支持者们干的 |
[30:17] | and drawl to some last ditch resource. | 为了最后一博 |
[30:19] | Will you, please? Anybody who’s checking out exit polls on a blog… | 拜托! 在博客上查看民意测验是 |
[30:23] | … voted first thing this morning at 6:45 a.m. | 今天早上6:45的第一件事 |
[30:26] | Not if the nets pick them up and report them as news. | 如果不是网络搜索到 并作为新闻报道出来 |
[30:29] | Which they’re not gonna do. Do you really think people are going to look at… | 他们什么都不会做的 你真的认为人们会去看Bernard的博客 |
[30:32] | Bernard’s Blogland and mistake what they see for network news? | 并且认为他们看见的网络新闻是错的? |
[30:35] | I think you can afect turnout, yes. | 我觉得 你能够影响选票结果 |
[30:36] | How big do you think the readership of Bernard’s Blogland is? | 你认为Bernard博客的读者有多少? |
[30:39] | 4 years ago, Bartlet won New Mexico with only 6.000 votes. | 4年前 Bartlet在新墨西哥就以6000票获胜 |
[30:44] | Call the networks… | 打电话给广播电台 |
[30:44] | Don’t, don’t, don’t! | 别 都别动! |
[30:45] | Is anybody else seeing these numbers coming out of New England? | 有没有其他人看这些新英格兰来的数据? |
[30:48] | Turnout is down 15% in Vermont? | 佛蒙特州的支持率落后了15%? |
[30:52] | Josh! | |
[30:52] | How can we be up in South Carolina… | 我们在南卡罗来纳州是领先的 |
[30:54] | …and not get people to the polls in Vermont? | 为什么得不到佛蒙特州人的支持? |
[30:56] | We got long lines in Ohio. | 俄亥俄州我们设了很长的战线 |
[30:58] | We’re sending Porta Potties to Democratic districts down there… | 我们把流动厕所送到当地的民主党区 |
[31:01] | …so that people don’t leave, but the numbers are still low! | 这样选民就不会流失 但是支持率还是很低! |
[31:04] | We’re losing in Maine? A state that Bartlet won with 67% of the vote? | 缅因州我们失败了? 在Bartlet以67%胜出的地方? |
[31:09] | The Latino vote in Florida isn’t turning out, | 佛罗里达州的拉美裔选票还没出来 |
[31:11] | but in Rhode Island they’re coming out of the woodwork! | 但在罗得岛州已经渐入佳境 |
[31:13] | Josh! | |
[32:11] | It’s Texas. Shouldn’t it be warm? | 这里是德克萨斯 不是该暖和点吗? |
[32:13] | Not in November. | 11月不会 |
[32:21] | What are you doing out here? | 你出来干什么? |
[32:23] | I’ve been appointed. | 我被派来… |
[32:24] | To what. | 做什么? |
[32:25] | Make sure you’re okay. | 确信你没事 |
[32:26] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[32:27] | Make sure your head’s not actually going to expode. | 确定你的头不是真的要爆炸 |
[32:31] | These numbers aren’t adding up. | 这些数字还没统计出来 |
[32:33] | They never do. | 不会了 |
[32:38] | You’ve been working 18 … 20 hour days for the last year. | 去年你一直每天工作18…20个小时 |
[32:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:43] | It’s here. There’s nothing to do but let it run its course. | 但是在这里…. 不用做什么 按流程做就够了 |
[32:52] | There’s nothing left to do, Josh. | Josh 没什么要做的了 |
[33:11] | In the advance that he loses Texas, but wins the election, | 就算他没有德克萨斯州的选票 但却能赢得选举 |
[33:14] | we don’t wanna get caught with our pants down. | 我们得准备充分 |
[33:16] | Ok, so, let me make sure we have this. | 好吧 看看我们都有些什么 |
[33:18] | We need one if he wins, one if he loses. | 获胜一份 落选一份 |
[33:21] | One if he loses the Latino vote. | 一份没得到拉美裔选票 |
[33:22] | One if he wins the electoral vote but loses the popular vote. | 一分赢了选举团却失了普选选票 |
[33:25] | One if he loses the electoral vote but wins the popular vote. | 一分失了选举团而赢了普选选票 |
[33:28] | And one if he loses his home state. | 还有一份失了家乡的选票 |
[33:29] | Right. | 好的 |
[33:30] | What if two of these things happen simultaneously? | 如果两件事同时发生怎么办? |
[33:32] | And what if he loses his home state and the Latino vote and still wins? | 如果他失了家乡和拉美裔的选票 但还是获胜的话怎么办? |
[33:35] | – That too, then. – What are we talking about? | 也用那个 在讨论什么? |
[33:37] | The speeches. | 演说 |
[33:38] | Yeah, we should have one in case it’s too close to call. | 万一势均力敌 不分胜负 应该再准备一个 |
[33:42] | Polls are about to close in the East Coast. We should get in there. | 东区的投票马上要结束了 那边我们应该会赢 |
[33:56] | – Hey! | – Hey! 嘿 嘿 |
[34:02] | I sort of walked away from you before. | 我刚刚才和你分开 |
[34:03] | – It got weird all of a sudden. – Yeah. | 世事难料啊 是的 |
[34:08] | Was it something about California? | 有没有加利福尼亚州的消息? |
[34:10] | No. | 没有 |
[34:11] | California is a lovely state. | 加利福尼亚是个可爱的地方 |
[34:14] | Doesn’t mean I have to move there. | 你是说我得去那儿了? |
[34:16] | what? 什么? | |
[34:17] | It means you and I would have to end… | 或者说你和我得分手…. |
[34:19] | No, God, no. | 不 天哪 不… |
[34:20] | – If you’re planning on stay… – I would never ask you… | (女)我从来都没让你… (男)如果你打算… |
[34:23] | – I could stay. – To stay with me. | (女)跟我一起…. (男)我会去的…. |
[34:26] | You spend the night at my house more often than not. | 你经常在我家过夜 |
[34:30] | Which makes me… | 这让我….? |
[34:31] | A really good date? | 一个很棒的约会? |
[34:38] | I’m not like you. | 我不像你 |
[34:39] | I don’t live and die with the Democratic Party. | 我不为民主党生 也不为民主党死 |
[34:41] | I want to see the next president… | 我只想看着下一任总统 |
[34:42] | …through this crisis in Kazahstan, whoever he is. | 解决哈萨克的危机 管他是谁呢 |
[34:44] | You keep saying that. The next president, whoever he is… | 你一直都那么说 下一任总统 管他是谁呢 |
[34:47] | – Yeah, well, the NSC’s a non-partisan… – Did you vote for Vinick? | 对 国家安全委员会的无党派人士…. 你选Vinick了吗? |
[34:54] | You voted for Arnold Vinick? | 你选Arnold Vinick了吗? |
[35:02] | He’s been looking at those numbers for 3 hours. | 他盯着那些数据都3个小时了 |
[35:04] | I know, hopes spring eternal. | 希望不灭 奋斗不止 |
[35:07] | – Maybe you would… – Yeah. | 或许你可以… 行了 |
[35:09] | East Coast polls are closing in a few minutes. | 几分钟后东海岸的投票就结束了 |
[35:12] | In South Carolina Santos is up by 4. | 南卡罗来纳州Santos领先4% |
[35:13] | The African American population has been oversampled. | 非裔美国人抽样过多了 |
[35:17] | They represent 34% of the interviews in only 29% of the voters. | 会见时占34%的他们仅代表了29%的选民 |
[35:21] | Bruno. | |
[35:22] | In Pennsylvania women are oversampled. The numbers are wrong. | 宾夕法尼亚州女性抽样过多了 数据全是错误的 |
[35:25] | We’re also losing in North Dakota, | 北达科他州的支持率也在下降 |
[35:27] | a state which has gone Republican for the last 40 years. | 那个州40年来一直支持共和党 |
[35:29] | Santos doesn’t give you a moment of pause. | Santos没让你歇一会 |
[35:31] | What are you gonna do after this? | 你还打算做什么? |
[35:32] | Minnessota, 5th district, the most Democratic district in the state, | 明尼苏达州 第5选区 全国最集中的民主党选区 |
[35:36] | Bartlet won it with 71% 4 years ago, | Bartlet4年前在这里以71%胜出 |
[35:38] | Santos is only polling in 54%. | Santos只获得54%的选票 |
[35:40] | – We could be winning this thing. – You’ve done a hell of a job here. | 我们会成功的 你已经做得够多了 |
[35:44] | The nuclear thing, there was no way you could have anticipated that. | 最可怕的事是 你无法预先知道结果 |
[35:47] | In a few seconds, 6 states will close their polls, … | 几秒钟之后 6个州将会停止投票 |
[35:50] | once all the precintcs in those states are closed, … | 一旦那些州所有的选区都关闭了 |
[35:53] | we’ll be able to start ringing you the results of this election. | 我们就能告知您这次选举的结果 |
[35:56] | It has been a long and formidable campaign, and it’s all coming to a close. | 这是一场冗长而艰难的竞选活动 现在马上就要结束了 |
[36:00] | We will get you all the information you need to know as quickly as possible. | 我们会尽快告知您所有的相关消息 |
[36:05] | Right now we can project it. | 我们即将发布结果 |
[36:07] | Senator Arnold Vinick will carry Indiana and its 11 electoral votes… | 参议员Arnold Vinick赢了印地安那 及其11张选举票 |
[36:11] | …and Kentucky and its 8 electoral votes. | 肯塔基及其8张选票 |
[36:15] | What about Georgia or Vermont or South Carolina or Virginia? | 乔治亚州 佛蒙特州 南卡罗来纳州 和弗吉尼亚州怎样了? |
[36:18] | We get none? | 都没希望了? |
[36:19] | Be patient. | 耐心点 |
[36:19] | Eddie, set up a line to the DNC headquarters. | Eddie 连线到民主党全国委员会总部 |
[36:21] | We’re gonna want live on the congressional races. | 我们要在国会竞选时直播 |
[36:24] | – I wanna hear about the last race. – That’ll be something. | 我想听最后一场比赛 那很重要 |
[36:25] | Leo’s gonna sleep through the whole damn thing. I’ve gotta go get him up. | 该死的Leo一直在睡觉 我得叫他起床 |
[36:28] | What can I say? Nerves of steel. | 我能说什么? 钢铁般的勇气 |
[36:30] | Just gotta get him cleaned up for the party. He’s been threatening to wear his robe. | 刚刚让他弄好宴会 他已经被迫穿礼服了 |
[36:34] | Oh! Nothing says victory like threadbare flannel. | 哦 没人说过 胜利后必须穿俗气的法兰绒 |
[36:37] | Hispanic candidates are favorite… | 在德克萨斯州和罗德岛州的 6场国会竞选中….. |
[36:38] | in 6 congressional races in Texas and Rhode Island, | 西班牙裔候选人很受欢迎 |
[36:40] | Roswell is on its way to electing the first Hispanic Congressman. | 成为首位西班牙裔国会议员 Roswell仅一步之遥 |
[36:47] | Something’s happening. | 有消息 |
[36:48] | We are just getting word now of a new development here. West Virginia, | 现在我们得到了最新的进展 |
[36:51] | is a state that Democrats have hoped to carry. | 西弗吉尼亚州 民主党人有望获胜的地方 |
[36:53] | We are projecting though that this state and its 5 electoral votes, | 虽然 我们预计那个州及其5张选票 |
[36:57] | will go to Senator Arnold Vinick. | 将会给参议员Arnold Vinick |
[37:01] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[37:02] | Hey you. | 好啊 |
[37:05] | – I slept! – You did! | 我睡过了 是啊 |
[37:08] | And lost West Virginia, apparently. | 显然失了西弗吉尼亚州的票 |
[37:10] | And Kentucky and Indiana. | 还有肯塔基州和印地安那州的 |
[37:13] | – I’m a loser. – Oh, don’t you worry about nothing, baby. | 我是一个输家 哦 亲爱的 别担心 |
[37:16] | But you can still rebound. | 你还有翻身的机会 |
[37:19] | I have faith. | 我相信你 |
[37:29] | Where are you? | 在想什么? |
[37:30] | What? | 什么? |
[37:31] | In your head, where did you go? | 你心里在想什么? |
[37:36] | Just thinking about what I’m gonna do tomorrow. | 只是在想明天要做的事 |
[37:41] | We’ll take the kids to school, then go out to breakfast: bacon and pancakes. | 送孩子去上学 外出吃早餐:熏肉和薄烤饼 |
[37:44] | Backyard needs raking. | 后院得整理了 |
[37:48] | If we look a little closer at a few of these key states, | 如果我们近距离观察一下这些重点州 |
[37:51] | New Jersey, for instance, who’d end up being a dissapointment for the Vinick campaign, | 比如新泽西州 如果它确实倾向名主党 |
[37:55] | if it does indeed swing towards the Democrats. | Vinick在这里会失望地结束 |
[37:57] | Santos is been polling here very well for the last couple of weeks… | 在过去几个星期 Santos在这里投票情况非常好 |
[38:00] | although, the Vinick can ploung to the idea that the security factor… | 虽然Vinick想到方法… |
[38:05] | can play well for the voters in New Jersey. | 在新泽西州选民中发挥了较好作用 |
[38:08] | I’m sure a lot of people are asking right now why still that numbers… | 我想现在很多人肯定在问 为什么那些数据还是… |
[38:11] | You wanna take some of those job offers home with you? | 想把那些聘书带回家吗? |
[38:13] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[38:14] | Maybe we’ll look again tomorrow. | 或许明天再看一下 |
[38:16] | Maybe after Christmas. | 或许圣诞节后 |
[38:17] | Maybe next week. | 或许是下周 |
[38:17] | Why are we still talking about this? | 为什么我们还要讨论这个? |
[38:19] | – Honestly? – Yeah. | 说真话? 当然 |
[38:20] | You’re a smart and savvy woman who could easily consider … | 你是一位聪明机警的女士 很容易想到 |
[38:22] | …world domination as her next career move. | 把支配世界作为事业目标 |
[38:28] | And I’d like to continue working with you, if that’s a possibility. | 我很想继续和你一起工作 如果可能的话 |
[38:35] | Right. | 好吧 |
[38:39] | You can pack some of these for me to take home tonight. | 你整理一些 我今晚带回家 |
[38:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:55] | It is exactly 8:07 p.m. on the East Coast, we are ready to project now… | 现在是东海岸时间晚上8:07 我们将播报的是….. |
[38:59] | that Congressman Matthew Santos will carry the state of Penssylvania. | 国会议员Matthew Santos 在宾夕法尼亚州胜出 |
[39:18] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[39:19] | I talked to my mother today. | 今天我跟我妈说了 |
[39:21] | She watches CNN, talks to all her friends … | 她看CNN台 告诉她所有的朋友 |
[39:24] | …and reports to me each of their predictions with equal weight. | 并且告诉我她们每个人 给出的公平预测 |
[39:31] | All the time, money and energy we … spent trying to shake things up… | 一直以来 我们花费金钱和精力 想要重新分配 |
[39:34] | what if the Electoral Map looks exactly like we thought it would 3 months ago? | 要是选区地图 跟我们3个月前的一样又如何? |
[39:37] | Florida and Ohio go to Vinick, | Vinick在佛罗里达州和俄亥俄州胜出 |
[39:39] | we take New York, Illinois, Michigan and Pennsylvania. | 我们在纽约 伊利诺斯州 密歇根州和宾夕法尼亚州胜出 |
[39:42] | Then it all comes down to California. | 然后就是看加利福尼亚州 |
[39:45] | Flyover states and the East Coast. | 中西部和东海岸地区 |
[39:47] | It happens during every campaign, Josh. You had to make the tough choices | Josh 每次总统选举都会发生的 你必须有所舍弃 |
[39:49] | There’s been something wrong with these numbers all day. Vermont… | 这些数据整天都出错 |
[39:52] | …voters swear that they would vote for a Latino president, | 佛蒙特州的选民发誓说 他们会选择拉美裔总统 |
[39:55] | …but the state is splitting 49-49 Santos and Vinick. | 但是这个州Santos和Vinick票数相等 |
[39:58] | We ran a Latino Democrat against a tax-cutting, moderate Republican. There’s going to… | 我们选的是一位反对降税的拉美裔共和党人 |
[40:02] | Maine has been trending towards Santos all day, | 缅因州一直都倾向于支持Santos |
[40:04] | … but voters are listing security… | 但是选民们…. |
[40:07] | and taxes as their major issues. | 把安全和税务列为他们的主要问题 |
[40:08] | So…what are they lying about? What they care about? Or who they’re voting for? | 他们到底撒什么谎? 他们在乎什么?他们在为谁投票? |
[40:13] | We’re even playing in Louisiana. Teddy and Lou are through the roof! | 我们在路易斯安那州的活动 Teddy和Lou都暴跳如雷 |
[40:16] | But look at the exit polls. | 但是看看民意测验 |
[40:19] | The data is skewed towards women and African-Americans. | 数据基本上来自于女性和非裔美国人 |
[40:22] | The white men cast their votes after work. | 白人男性下班后才投票 |
[40:26] | What happens then? We don’t have this wrapped up. | 然后怎样? 我们没有拿下这个地方 |
[40:29] | What is the overall sensation here tonight? | 今晚所有的感觉是什么呢? |
[40:32] | That is going to be very close. The election will be a very close one. | 会很接近 选举会很接近 |
[40:35] | The campaigns have been planning for it, we have been planning for it too. | 竞选运动已经安排好了 我们也已经安排好了 |
[40:38] | It could be a very long night for Matt Santos and Arnold Vinick. | 对Matt Santos和Arnold Vinick来说 今晚会是漫长的一晚 |
[40:51] | Congratulations, sir. | 恭喜你 先生 |
[40:54] | South Carolina has just been called for you. | 您刚刚拿下了南卡罗来纳州 |
[41:00] | I’m betting he’s gonna want to be up for this. Mind letting me in? | 我敢说他会很高兴的 可以让我进去吗? |
[41:07] | Leo! | |
[41:08] | Helloooo! | 喂… |
[41:12] | Leo! | |
[41:20] | Leo? | |
[41:23] | Leo? | |
[41:24] | Somebody help me! | 谁来帮帮我! |
[41:26] | Call 911! | 叫救护车 |
[41:37] | Transcription & Syncro by GinadeCai Feedback: Enigma132000 |