| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:04] | Previously on The West Wing. | 前情回顾 | 
| [00:06] | Polls open in 5, | 选举结果揭晓 5, | 
| [00:10] | 4, | |
| [00:11] | 3, | |
| [00:12] | 2, | |
| [00:14] | Final pass of the victory and concession speeches. | 最后审核下成功演说和落选演说 | 
| [00:16] | It was either this or a solitaire tournament with the Advance guys. | 不然 就是跟放款部的家伙们 玩单人纸牌的比赛 | 
| [00:19] | Have you seen the stuff about Leo? | 你有没有见过Leo的东西? | 
| [00:21] | Leo McGarry did not accept his party’s nomination for the VP of the US… | Leo McGarry不承认他的 对于美国副总统的人事任命… | 
| [00:25] | … because he thought it might make your socks roll up and down. | …因为他觉得这或许会让你的投票上升 | 
| [00:29] | Come upstairs, I just got the first round of the exit polls. | 到楼上来 我刚刚得到第一轮民意调查 | 
| [00:31] | We’re also losing in North Dakota, | 北达科他州的支持率也在下降 | 
| [00:33] | a state which has gone Republican for the last 40 years. | 那个州40年来一直支持共和党 | 
| [00:35] | Santos doesn’t give you a moment of pause. | Santos没让你歇一会 | 
| [00:37] | Turnout is down 15% in Vermont? | 佛蒙特州的支持率下降到了15%? | 
| [00:40] | Josh! | |
| [00:40] | How can we be up in South Carolina | 我们怎么能够在南卡罗莱纳州东山再起 | 
| [00:42] | and not get people to the polls in Vermont? | 不让在佛蒙特州的选民投票? | 
| [00:45] | Leo? | |
| [00:46] | Leo! | |
| [00:47] | Somebody help me! | 救命啊! | 
| [00:50] | Yeah, of course it’s very gratifying to win Illinois, | 是 当然伊利诺斯州的胜利令人相当满意 | 
| [00:54] | That’s LeoMcGarry country, now he can leave that suitcase … | 那是LeoMcGarry的故乡 现在他可以离开房间里 | 
| [00:56] | full of ballots in his hotel room. | 那个装满选票的手提包了 | 
| [00:58] | Yet Texas is Santos’ country, could be facing a last… | 现在Santos的故乡德克萨斯州 将面临最终… | 
| [00:59] | Congressman Santos isn’t running for the President of Texas, | 议员Santos并没有竞选得克萨斯州州长 | 
| [01:03] | he likes to win every state its doing it to *** too | 他想要在他涉足的任何州内都获胜 | 
| [01:07] | We’ve already won New York, | 我们已经在纽约获胜 | 
| [01:08] | New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Carolina … | 新泽西州 宾夕法尼亚州, 南卡罗来那州 … | 
| [01:11] | – … were practically no Democrat… – Senator Vinick has won Florida… | – … 根本就没民主党… – 参议员Vinick赢得佛罗里达… | 
| [01:13] | … Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi and Virginia. | … 阿肯色州, 肯塔基州, 密西西比州 还有维吉尼亚州 | 
| [01:16] | And as for South Carolina… | 至于南卡罗来那州… | 
| [01:18] | Matt Santos couldn’t have made more trips to the… | Matt Santos恨不得能再多去几次… | 
| [01:20] | …state if he lived there. | 甚至在那安家 | 
| [01:21] | We feel great about California. | 我们很看重加利福尼亚 | 
| [01:24] | Polls are still open out West. The whole country’s at stake. | 西部的结果正在揭晓 全面面临危险 | 
| [01:27] | We’re very optimistic about Texas, and we’ll win the state of California. | 我们对得克萨斯州很乐观 我们在加州也会获胜 | 
| [01:32] | Well, thank you, Jeff. It’s great talking to you too. | 谢谢你 Jeff 跟你谈话很不错 | 
| [01:34] | – Thanks Josh. – And we’re out. | 谢谢 Josh 完工 | 
| [01:36] | Why the hell aren’t we dominating Texas? | 该死的 我们居然没掌握得克萨斯州? | 
| [01:38] | Like the wise man said, Santos isn’t running for president of Texas. | 如哲人所说的 Santos并没竞选得克萨斯州长 | 
| [01:40] | *** | 他都没有成功吗 | 
| [01:42] | We still have to convince people that we’re not socialists? | 我们仍需要让选民确信 我们不是社会主义者吗? | 
| [01:44] | I think that sometimes may work here. | 我想有时候 这会有用 | 
| [01:47] | – Thank you, Bob. – That was Vinick’s opinion… | 谢谢你 Bob. 那是Vinick的意见… | 
| [01:48] | We’re out. | 完工 | 
| [01:50] | – Ohio? -Not yet. | 俄亥俄州? 还没出来 | 
| [01:52] | Tennessee is for us, Indiana, West Virginia. | 田纳西州是我们的, 印第安纳州 西弗吉尼亚州 | 
| [01:55] | God bless the call a district of Wisconsin | 上帝保佑威斯康星州选区 | 
| [01:57] | Leaning Santos. | 向Santos倾斜 | 
| [01:59] | A pile. | 俄亥俄州 | 
| [02:00] | What the hell is going on in Ohio? | 该死的俄亥俄州怎么样了? | 
| [02:02] | You look terrible. | 你看起来糟透了 | 
| [02:03] | The make up’s really working, then. | 化妆真的起作用了 | 
| [02:05] | Minnesota’s official. And Bruce and Gene need a minute. | 明尼苏达州的官员 Bruce和Gene有点事情 | 
| [02:08] | Who? | 谁? | 
| [02:09] | From the Transition team. | “接受政权小组”里的 | 
| [02:10] | Tell them we’re going to wait and see if there’s a transition first! | 告诉他们我们先等着 看看到底需不需要“政权转接” | 
| [02:13] | They said it was important. | 他们说很重要 | 
| [02:19] | Interrupt me after 2 minutes. | 两分钟后再来打扰我 | 
| [02:21] | If a state is called? | 有消息的话? | 
| [02:22] | Or make something up. 2 minutes. | 要不你就捏造个理由 两分钟 | 
| [02:26] | Bruce … Gene … how are you? | Bruce … Gene ..你怎么样? | 
| [02:34] | Just called Minnessota for Santos. | 刚预测了一下Santos在明尼苏达州的情况 | 
| [02:36] | Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire. Talk to me about them. | 缅因州, 佛蒙特州, 新罕布什尔州. 跟我说说这些地方 | 
| [02:40] | They’re still too close to call. | 仍为时尚早 | 
| [02:41] | That’d be something, ha? | 总会有点事情吧? | 
| [02:43] | Come on, Ohio, come on. | 加油 俄亥俄州 加油 | 
| [02:44] | We have problems with the victory speech. | 我们的获胜演说有点问题 | 
| [02:46] | Big problems. | 大问题 | 
| [02:48] | What problems? | 什么问题? | 
| [02:49] | For starters, there’s nothing about economic sacrifice. | 首先 里面没有关于经济损失的内容 | 
| [02:52] | Have you seen CBO’s latest deficit projections? | 你看过CBO的最新赤字预测没有? | 
| [02:54] | CBO’s baseline right out of the window. | CBO的资料刚出炉 | 
| [02:55] | If we can claim a mandate for economic sacrifice… | 如果我们宣称对付“经济损失”的训令… | 
| [02:58] | A line in the speech doesn’t give us a mandate. | 演讲台词可做不了训令 | 
| [03:00] | There’s no spinning it. | 我不会这么做 | 
| [03:01] | We ran a National Security language by Nancy McNally. | 我们用了Nancy McNally的“国家安全”语言 | 
| [03:03] | She agrees we need a strong reference to burden sharing with Kazakhstan, | 她想要我们为此作出呼应 而重度涉及到哈萨克斯坦 | 
| [03:06] | it’s out there ticking like a time-bomb. | 定时炸弹正在跑秒中 | 
| [03:08] | The Congressman’s mentioning burden sharing… | 国会议员用此招 | 
| [03:10] | was of 15 times on the campaign. | 在选举中有15次了 | 
| [03:12] | You counted? | 你数了? | 
| [03:13] | Campaign’s over… | 选举结束了… | 
| [03:14] | Someone’s gotta be thinking about the governing. | 有人得考虑管治了 | 
| [03:17] | Do you have your agendas written down? | 你把议程写下来了吗? | 
| [03:24] | No rope line, no press, we’re going in trough the basement. | 没有围观 没有采访 我们从底层进去 | 
| [03:27] | No one sees you until you give the speech tonight. | 今晚你演讲前 没人看到你 | 
| [03:30] | – It’s Bram. – I need the Congressman. | 是Bram. 我需要那个国会议员 | 
| [03:31] | They called Minnessota for us. | 他们为我们预测了明尼苏达州 | 
| [03:34] | Good news. | 好消息 | 
| [03:36] | Bad news. | 坏消息 | 
| [03:36] | If you guys are trying to play good cop, bad cop, your routine needs some work. | 如果你们在玩好警察坏警察 玩这一套需要点功夫 | 
| [03:40] | We need to rewrite the victory speech, | 我们得修改一下获胜演说 | 
| [03:42] | the transition team wants sacrifice… | 过渡小组想要廉价出售… | 
| [03:44] | …and burden sharing instead of sushine and light. | …还有用费用分摊代替阳光灿烂 | 
| [03:46] | Josh? | |
| [03:47] | Counting the references was my own fault, if I had… | 对情况的计算不足是我的错, 如果我… | 
| [03:49] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 | 
| [03:50] | It’s the first governing document. | 这是首个政府文件 | 
| [03:52] | Fellas had to distract to make their own jobs easier. | 为使工作更容易 大家都分散工作 | 
| [03:54] | You want something to worry about, worry about the next 2 hours. | 你想找点事情来担心 担心接下来的两个小时 | 
| [03:56] | Hang on. Hey, what’s happening to you? | 等一下 嘿 发生了什么?? | 
| [03:58] | 2 minutes! 120 seconds I was stuck in there with Dull and Duller … | 两分钟! 120秒 我就待在那里 .. | 
| [04:02] | ..counting beads on my imaginary abacus. | 无聊的数着幻想中的算盘上的珠子 | 
| [04:05] | Ohio? | 俄亥俄州? | 
| [04:09] | Texas. We’ve won? | 德州.我们赢了? | 
| [04:11] | We lost? | 我们输了? | 
| [04:13] | Need a good lawyer, what? | 需要个好律师, 什么? | 
| [04:16] | Leo was unconscious. | Leo 在昏迷中 | 
| [04:17] | In his room… Annabeth found him. | 在他的房间里… Annabeth发现了他 | 
| [04:20] | He wasn’t… | 他… | 
| [04:22] | He wasn’t breathing. | 他停止了呼吸 | 
| [04:25] | They’re taking him to the hospital in an ambulance now. | 他现在在救护车里 被送往医院 | 
| [05:09] | Transcription & Syncro by Ginadecai | |
| [05:25] | C.J.? | |
| [05:27] | C.J.? | |
| [05:31] | Is the President in his office? | 总统在办公室吗? | 
| [05:33] | He’s just come back. Should I get Will? | 他刚回来. 要我叫Will来吗? | 
| [05:52] | Nancy? | |
| [05:54] | Yes, sir? | 在 先生? | 
| [05:56] | I thought I brought that report back from Air Force One… | 我记得我从空军一号带回来一份报告 | 
| [05:59] | can you see if it’s in that pile of stuff I dumped on your desk? | 你能帮我看下是否在你桌子上那堆文件中? | 
| [06:01] | I’ll check, sir. | 我来看看 先生 | 
| [06:02] | I have some serious issues with the force readiness report. | 武力解决报告有点重要的问题 | 
| [06:06] | We need to get Hutchinson here in the morning to talk to. | 我们需要把Hutchinson找来谈谈 | 
| [06:08] | Any word on Ohio or Texas? | 有俄亥俄州和德州的消息吗? | 
| [06:10] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 | 
| [06:11] | I had to get out of Manchester. | 我得离开曼彻斯特 | 
| [06:13] | Sitting around my daughter’s house watching my son-in-law… | 坐在我女儿的房间里 看着我的女婿.. | 
| [06:16] | …take his much-deserved electoral beating without being able to utter… | 像他应得的那样被打败 并输的一塌糊涂… | 
| [06:19] | … a self-satisfied whoop is a bit more than I could bear. | 我可受不了 | 
| [06:22] | Nancy? Anything? | Nancy? 找到了? | 
| [06:24] | Still searching, sir. | 搜寻中 先生 | 
| [06:25] | I probably left it on the plane. Call Andrews for me, will you? | 可能忘在飞机上了 给我接通Andrews 好吧? | 
| [06:29] | If the Republicans end up with the one book, majority and Congress… | 如果共和党最终得到政权和 大多数支持还有国会的话… | 
| [06:32] | …we can charge it up to my oldest daughter’s lousy taste in man. | 我们可以把这笔帐记在 我那老女儿对男人的差品味上 | 
| [06:36] | And her father’s pathetic efforts to… | 还有他老爸那可怜的努力… | 
| [06:43] | C.J. what is it? | C.J. 什么事情? | 
| [06:48] | Where is he? | 他在哪? | 
| [06:49] | They’re taking him to the Methodist, the ambulance will be there by now. | 他们要把他送到Methodist, 救护车现在应该到了 | 
| [06:51] | – Where is Josh? – He just left for the hospital. | Josh在哪? 他刚去了医院 | 
| [06:53] | – Was Leo talking? – We don’t know. | leo能说话么? 我们不知道 | 
| [06:55] | Shouldn’t we be going to the hospital? | 难道我们不应该去医院么? | 
| [06:55] | No, no, press doesn’t have this yet. | 不 媒体还不知道这个 | 
| [06:57] | Why not? | 为什么? | 
| [06:58] | Polls out West are on for another 90 minutes. The longer we wait… | 西部选票结果揭晓还要90分钟 我们等的越久… | 
| [07:00] | You want to try and keep this as a secret for a hour and a half? | 你想让这消息在一个半小时内作为一个秘密? | 
| [07:02] | A quarter of the country is still voting. | 四分之一的选民仍在投票 | 
| [07:04] | And I’m asking all 4 quarters to trust me to be their leader. | 我竞选的是四分之四的人的总统 | 
| [07:07] | I am not hiding the health problems of my Vice-President. | 我不会隐瞒副总统的健康状况的 | 
| [07:09] | It may not be the best place to have this conversation. | 这可能并不是一个适合谈话的地方 | 
| [07:11] | – Anything that highlights any… – I’m not having this conversation. | 任何事情… 我不会跟你讨论这个 | 
| [07:14] | We’re issuing a statement to the press. Now. | 我们要向媒体发布声明 现在 | 
| [07:16] | Congressman, this is still a campaign, and there’s only 2 kinds: | 议员 竞选仍在进行 只有两种: | 
| [07:19] | the pitiless and the dead. | 要么无情 要么死亡 | 
| [07:20] | Every minute we stand here, votes are being cast. | 我们站在这里的每一分钟 都有选票不断投出 | 
| [07:23] | Undecideds vote late in the day. | 还有许多尚未决定的选票 | 
| [07:24] | If they were looking for a reason to vote Vinick, | 如果他们要找个理由来投票给Vinick | 
| [07:26] | a press release from us could just punch their lottery ticket. | 我们的消息会使他们放弃选择 | 
| [07:29] | It’s gonna come out. | 迟早也会知道真相 | 
| [07:30] | 10 minutes, 15 minutes, the paramedics, somebody at the hotel or the hospital… | 10分钟 15分钟 护理人员 住院的病人或者工作人员.. | 
| [07:33] | …is gonna say something. | 会透漏消息的 | 
| [07:34] | Maybe we get lucky and it takes an hour for the press to confirm… | 或许我们幸运 媒体一个小时后才确认… | 
| [07:36] | – … and get something on the air. – They’re not gonna wait to confirm it. | 然后才放出报道 | 
| [07:37] | They’re gonna go with the rumour. | 他们当作流言直接报道 | 
| [07:38] | I know he’s your friend; he’s my friend too. | 我知道他是你朋友 他也是我的朋友 | 
| [07:40] | But we can’t be sentimental about this | 但是我们不能感情用事 | 
| [07:42] | or we will have a Republican president. | 不然的话 我们的总统将是共和党人了 | 
| [07:44] | Who will gut education, he will auction off Social Security … | 他们会削减教育经费 拍卖社会保险… | 
| [07:48] | …and cut taxes until we’re bleeding red ink. | 一直减税到血淋淋的的赤字 | 
| [07:50] | And when Leo wakes up, | 然后Leo醒来 | 
| [07:52] | …he will kick your ass for letting that happen. | 他会为此扁你一顿 | 
| [07:54] | You know he will. | 你知道他会的 | 
| [07:57] | Start working on a statement. | 开始准备声明 | 
| [07:59] | Get me to a phone. I wanna call the Hospital. | 给我接通电话 打给医院 | 
| [08:02] | All right? They’re calling Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, | 好吧? 他们预测堪萨斯州,路易斯安那州 内布拉斯加州,俄克拉荷马州 | 
| [08:09] | North and South Dakota, all for us! | 南、北达科他州都将是我们的 | 
| [08:13] | Minnesota for Santos, Wisconsin. | 明尼苏达州被Santos取得 威斯康星州 | 
| [08:15] | – What about Ohio? – Nothing yet. | 俄亥俄州呢? 还不知道 | 
| [08:17] | – Iowa? – Too close to call. | -爱荷华州? 为时尚早 | 
| [08:18] | – Texas? – What have we got left in the West? | – 德州? 西部我们还剩下哪里? | 
| [08:20] | We take Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Alaska, probably Nevada. | 我们拿到爱达荷州,蒙大纳州,犹他州 怀俄明州,阿拉斯加州,内华达州也差不多 | 
| [08:24] | – Santos gets Hawaii and Washington… – Hey! | Santos得到夏威夷岛和华盛顿 … 嘿 | 
| [08:30] | We’re now prepared to call the state of Ohio for Senator Arnold Vinick. | 我们可以说俄亥俄州将是Arnold Vinick议员的 | 
| [08:37] | Come on, what do we know about Texas? | 快 你知道德州多少? | 
| [08:49] | Where is he? | 他在哪? | 
| [09:21] | Hey. | 嘿 | 
| [09:23] | He died, Josh. | 他死了 Josh. | 
| [09:38] | What’s the count? | 有多少了? | 
| [09:39] | 166-179. | |
| [09:41] | No Texas yet? | 还没有德州 ? | 
| [09:47] | It’s Bram. | 这是Bram. | 
| [09:49] | It’s Josh. | Josh的 | 
| [09:57] | It’s Josh, Congressman. | 这是josh 议员 | 
| [10:02] | Yeah? | |
| [10:11] | Yeah, we don’t know much yet. | 我们还不太清楚 | 
| [10:14] | I’m heading back out to Andrews in a couple of minutes to fly down. | 我会在几分钟内回去到Andrews那里 | 
| [10:18] | I think Mallory’s already there for the election night. | 我想Mallory已经在那等候“选举之夜”了 | 
| [10:22] | I’ll be sure. | 我会确定 | 
| [10:27] | Honey, can you hang on a second? | 宝贝 你能稍等一会么? | 
| [10:35] | – When? – Just a few minutes ago. | 什么时候? 几分钟前 | 
| [10:38] | Donna just called me. | Donna刚给我电话 | 
| [10:59] | Thank you, C.J. | 谢谢你 C.J. | 
| [11:01] | Mr President. | 总统先生 | 
| [11:24] | Sweetheart, I’m sorry, I have some very bad news. | 甜心 抱歉 这有非常坏的消息 | 
| [11:38] | Senator, I’ve got Matt Santos on the phone. | 参议员 Matt Santos的电话 | 
| [11:43] | – Do you wanna consider it? – No, sir. | 你想考虑一下吗? 不 先生 | 
| [11:47] | You wanna take this call. | 你要接这个电话 | 
| [11:54] | Well, thank you Senator. I’ll pass it along to everyone here. | 谢谢你 参议员 我会通知这里的所有人 | 
| [11:59] | Yeah, I appreciate that. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 | 
| [12:02] | …bringing breaking news, some would say… | …纰漏消息, 有人说… | 
| [12:04] | heart breaking news in this hour. | 令人心碎的消息 | 
| [12:06] | Once again, Leo McGarry has been pronounced dead by Doctor Elliot M Grouse… | 再一次 Leo McGarry 被 Elliot M Grouse医生宣告死亡… | 
| [12:12] | …of the Texas Methodist Medical Center. | …地点在 德州 Methodist医疗中心 | 
| [12:15] | He was rushed to the hospital… | 他被匆忙送进医院 | 
| [12:16] | …after a massive heart attack, his second in his many years. | 在心脏病发做后, 这是他几年来的第二次 | 
| [12:20] | Vicepresidential candidate, White House counselor, Chief of Staff… | 副总统候选人, 白宫顾问, 陆军司令… | 
| [12:24] | …Labour Secretary, and decorated Vietnam veteran… | …工党大臣, 越战老兵… | 
| [12:27] | Chicago may have played a major role | 芝加哥可能扮演了决定性角色 | 
| [12:29] | in shaping every Presidential election… | 正如以往每次总统选举.. | 
| [12:31] | …for the past quarter of the century. | 在过去四分之一世纪一直如此 | 
| [12:33] | And we’re unsure at this moment in time | 我们现在无法确定 | 
| [12:35] | how the sudden and tragic death… | 如此突然的悲剧性死亡 | 
| [12:37] | …of the Democratic Vicepresidential candidate Leo McGarry… | 是怎样发生在民主党副总统候选人Leo McGarry身上的… | 
| [12:40] | Some believe that McGarry had considerably more wit and experience… | 有人认为McGarry相当有智谋和经验 | 
| [12:44] | …particularly in matters of foreign policy, than the top of the ticket. | 尤其最擅长处理对外关系 | 
| [12:48] | More than one Democratic operative might be saying, | 不止一位的民主党领导们会说 | 
| [12:50] | … with the loss of this party eminence and elder, | 党内失去如此出色的老手 | 
| [12:54] | what now for the Santos campaign… | Santos阵营会如何对待… | 
| [12:56] | …with McGarry’s name still stamped on every ballot. | McGarry的名字依然在选票之上的状况 | 
| [13:03] | We have to put out a statement quickly. | 我们得尽快放出声明 | 
| [13:05] | What are my options? | 我能怎么做? | 
| [13:06] | Well, you could put forward another name, make it harder for Vinick… | 你可以推举出另一个人 | 
| [13:09] | … to make an issue out of this, so our God forbid, | 找个不容易被Vinick挑出毛病的 | 
| [13:11] | contest a result he doesn’t like. | 看来上帝禁止出现他不想要的结果 | 
| [13:13] | Could he do that? | 他能这么做吗? | 
| [13:14] | We don’t have a lot of precedent to guide us here. | 我们并没有很多先例来指导现在的情况 | 
| [13:16] | You want me to pick another running mate in the next 5 minutes, | 你要我在五分钟内找到一下一个竞选者 | 
| [13:18] | Why not just stop the elevator between floors… | 为什么不做电梯随便到哪一层… | 
| [13:20] | …and pick the whole cabinet?. | 把整个内阁的人员全挑出来? | 
| [13:21] | The polls don’t close for 50 minutes out West. | 西部结果50分钟后才揭晓 | 
| [13:23] | It may take just a few thousands votes to decide this election. | 或许这几千选票将决定选举结果 | 
| [13:25] | We just can’t go forward on another name. | 我们无法再选另一个人 | 
| [13:27] | Art. 3 sec. 1 of the DNC charter | 第三章 DNC(民主党全国委员会)宪章 | 
| [13:29] | gives the power to name a replacement to the DNC. | 要求找一个替代人去DNC | 
| [13:32] | You could recommend a name, but you gonna have to make clear … | 你可以推荐一个名字 但是你要明白 … | 
| [13:34] | …that the DNC gets to approve it. | 最终需要dnc的认可 | 
| [13:35] | I am not naming a new running mate in the next 5 minutes. | 我不会在五分钟内找出一个候选者 | 
| [13:37] | Leo is on the ballot. | Leo在选票上 | 
| [13:38] | If I win, he wins. There’s nothing we can do about that now. | 如果我赢了 他就赢了 我们现在什么也做不了 | 
| [13:41] | So, what happens next? | 那么 接下来怎样? | 
| [13:42] | Electoral college vote in December. | 选举团在12月投票 | 
| [13:44] | Most states electors are free to vote for anyone for Vicepresident. | 大多数州的选举人可以自由投票给任何人 | 
| [13:47] | So I can ask them to vote for someone other than Leo? | 所以我可以让他们投票给其他人来代替leo? | 
| [13:49] | Yes, but Vinick could claim that you were circumventing the voters. | 是的 不过Vinick会宣称你阻止选民投票 | 
| [13:52] | The alternative being? | 其他的选择? | 
| [13:53] | Wait til you take office one January, | 等到你在一月一日就任 | 
| [13:55] | nominate someone under the 25th Amendment. | 在第25修正案下题名某人 | 
| [13:57] | Can we please? | 拜托 我们可不可以? | 
| [13:58] | Mine’d be more respectful of Constitutional process. | 我的提议更加尊重宪法 | 
| [14:01] | Vinick would not be able to argue that the public is not being represented. | Vinick也没法对此说公众不被允许 提出异议 | 
| [14:03] | – And then of Congressional… – Ok, guys. | 然后国会… 好吧 伙计们 | 
| [14:04] | Before you get too deeply into Robert’s rules of order, may I remind you … | 在你们深陷Robert的规则之前 我提醒你们… | 
| [14:07] | …people are still voting, we have to win an election yet, | 选民仍在投票 我们得先赢得选举 | 
| [14:09] | …and he’s gotta get to that ballromm now and reassure the voters out West. | 他得来这房间 去争取西部的选民 | 
| [14:14] | We gotta draw a statement. | 我们得起草一份声明 | 
| [14:15] | Speechwriters are working on it. | 撰写人正在做 | 
| [14:16] | And no additives, no fruit language, I lost a friend here tonight, ok? | 不要添加其他东西,不要有乱七八糟的语言 今晚我失去了一位朋友 可以吗? | 
| [14:20] | Leo’s family? | Leo的家人? | 
| [14:21] | His daughter Mallory was in the hotel. She’s headed to the hospital. | 他女儿Mallory刚才在旅馆 现在在赶往医院 | 
| [14:25] | Is Josh still there? | Josh 仍在那吗? | 
| [14:26] | Last I heard. | 我听说还在 | 
| [14:27] | You need him back? | 你要他回来吗? | 
| [14:28] | I need Josh to be wherever he needs to be. And give me that statement. | 我要他去他应该去的地方 把声明文件给我 | 
| [14:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [14:46] | They called Ohio for Vinick. | 他们预测Vinick赢得俄亥俄州 | 
| [14:50] | Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, North and South Dakota. | 堪萨斯州,路易斯安那州,内布拉斯加州 俄克拉荷马州,南、北达科他州 | 
| [14:56] | We picked up Minnesota, Wisconsin. | 我们赢得明尼苏达州和威斯康星州 | 
| [14:59] | Texas? | 德州? | 
| [15:00] | Not yet. | 还不知道 | 
| [15:01] | Polls are still open out West. | 西部结果仍未揭晓 | 
| [15:03] | Congressman needs to make a statement, | 国会议员需要做一下声明 | 
| [15:05] | … calm nervous undecided in California and the Pacific Northwest. | 平静一下加州和太平洋西北部的紧张的神经 | 
| [15:09] | Lou’s already on it. | Lou正在做 | 
| [15:10] | He needs to make it now. There’s not… | 他得现在做好 这没有… | 
| [15:12] | They know that. | 他们知道 | 
| [15:14] | Somebody needs to tell the President. | 有人得去告诉总统 | 
| [15:17] | I called CJ. | 我叫了 CJ | 
| [15:22] | Where’s Mallory? She was here a couple of seconds… | Mallory在哪? 她在这待了一会儿… | 
| [15:24] | She just went to call her mom. | 她去给她妈打电话了 | 
| [15:34] | How is the Congressman? Did you talk to Lou or Bram? | 国会议员怎么样了? 你跟Lou和Bram谈过了吗? | 
| [15:38] | Yeah, he’s in shock, like the rest of us. | 是的 他备受打击 和我们一样 | 
| [15:45] | Shouldn’t we get back to the hotel? | 我们应该回旅馆吗? | 
| [15:49] | So, no Texas yet. | 德州还不知道 | 
| [15:50] | Come on. I’ll drive. | 来吧 我开车 | 
| [15:59] | Shouldn’t this object under the stresses of a big race? | 这个目标应该是在大选的压力下产生的吧? | 
| [16:01] | After his last sort of tactic practically wheeled him from the OR… | 自从他最后的战略规划使他从手术室.. | 
| [16:04] | … straight to the Nominating convention. | 直接到了提名大会 | 
| [16:05] | Those needed him! They needed a guy with two hundred years’ experience… | 他们需要他! 他需要个有200年经验的家伙 | 
| [16:08] | … to balance out those training wheels. | 来使辅助车轮保持平衡 | 
| [16:10] | Santos still hasn’t made a statement. | Santos还没有做声明 | 
| [16:12] | No. | 没 | 
| [16:14] | Condolences, support for the family. | 悼念 对家庭的支持 | 
| [16:15] | They’re probably still trying to figure out what to say. | 他们应该是在研究应该说什么 | 
| [16:18] | Hey, sorry! I thought he had a few thousand more jmiles in him! Ooops! | 嘿 对不起 我还以为他身上还多 长了几千张嘴呢,呜! | 
| [16:28] | The polls close in California in 45 minutes… | 加利福尼亚的选举45分钟后结束… | 
| [16:31] | … and we are still not as strong as we should be in the South. | 我们在南方没有达到预计的强 | 
| [16:33] | Orange County, San Diego, San Fernando Valley. | 橘郡 圣地亚哥 圣佛南多谷 | 
| [16:36] | Do you think I should make a statement? | 你认为我应该做声明吗? | 
| [16:37] | Undecideds all over California are driving to the polls right now, | 加州尚未投票的人正在开车前往 | 
| [16:41] | …trying to figure out which one to vote. | 并且决断着投给谁 | 
| [16:43] | No doubts in Democrats too, | 不用怀疑民主党内部 | 
| [16:44] | wondering if Matt Santos is up to the job … | 也想知道Matt Santos能否胜任… | 
| [16:46] | …without Leo McGarry behind him pulling the strings. | 既然没了leo mccarry幕后的鼎力相助 | 
| [16:48] | Santos hasn’t made a statement ’cause he just lost his rationale for … | Santos还没有做声明 因为他刚刚失去了 | 
| [16:51] | …having enough experience to run the country. | 领导国家所需足够经验的理论基础 | 
| [16:53] | It’s hard to reassure without your reassurance. | 没有你的信任 很难恢复信心 | 
| [16:56] | You’re quiet all of a sudden. | 你突然就沉默了 | 
| [16:58] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [17:02] | If Santos wins the election, it is being switched | 如果Santos赢得大选 换了别的 | 
| [17:05] | False advertising. | 虚假宣传 | 
| [17:06] | Got a full slade of tainted electorates. | 会得到一堆有污点的选民 | 
| [17:08] | And I’m not so sure a Republican Congress | 我不敢肯定共和党人议员 | 
| [17:10] | would ratify his election as President. | 会认可他的总统当选 | 
| [17:11] | If we even get a Republican Congress. | 如果我们找一个共和党议员 | 
| [17:13] | You’re suggesting I challenge a Santos win? | 你在建议我向Santos的胜利挑战? | 
| [17:17] | We can’t let Matt Santos take this country into mass confusion… | 我们不能让Matt Santos使国家陷入巨大困惑中… | 
| [17:20] | … and attain an electoral process | … 在他的选举过程中 | 
| [17:21] | while troops are air-dropping in Kazahkstan! | 我们还在哈萨克斯坦空投我的们的士兵呢 | 
| [17:23] | You want me to go out there and say … | 你让我出去说… | 
| [17:25] | …people shouldn’t vote for Matt Santos… | .大家不要投票给Matt Santos… | 
| [17:27] | … because Leo McGarry died? | .因为 Leo McGarry 死了? | 
| [17:31] | We have to be very careful. We could create a backlash for ourselves. | 我们得小心行事 免得惹祸上身 | 
| [17:34] | How about creating a conscience for ourselves? | 为什么不叩问一下自己的良心? | 
| [17:37] | I’ve known Leo for 20 years. | 我认识leo二十年了 | 
| [17:39] | Can we please not use him as a step stool? | 我们能不能不要把他作为工具来用? | 
| [17:42] | You think voters don’t know exactly what this mean… | 你以为选民们不知道这代表着什么… | 
| [17:45] | …without jamming it down their throats? | 都蠢到不会用心想一下? | 
| [17:47] | Voters are doing some jamming of their own. | 选民有自己的判断力 | 
| [17:49] | We’re neck-in-neck in California… | 我们在加州势均力敌… | 
| [17:51] | and Texas’s still too close to call. | 德州依然太早来说结果 | 
| [17:53] | If we don’t want this to come down to absentee ballots, | 如果我们不想这成为缺席选票 | 
| [17:56] | …we’re gonna need to do something and do it now. | 我们得做点事情 而且是现在 | 
| [17:59] | The question is, how it might affect the voters on the West Coast… | 问题是 这将怎样影响西海岸的选民呢… | 
| [18:02] | I know you did, Senator. | 我知道你做的 参议员 | 
| [18:04] | Well, I picked him ’cause he was the best man for the job, | 我选他是因为 他是最适合的人选 | 
| [18:07] | of course I knew that he had… | 我当然知道他… | 
| [18:11] | Well, I’ll take that under advisement, thanks for the suggestion. | 好吧 我会深思熟虑的 谢谢你的建议 | 
| [18:17] | Senator Kaufer, selflessly offering himself as a possible Vice-President… | 参议员Kaufer,无私的奉献自己为副总统 | 
| [18:20] | … in the service of his country. | 为了服务这个国家 | 
| [18:22] | God bless America. | 上帝保佑美国 | 
| [18:26] | Am I gonna hate this? | 我会讨厌这个吗? | 
| [18:27] | Probably. | 很可能 | 
| [19:18] | Congressman Santos would like to make a statement at this time. | 议员Santos在此时发表一个声明 | 
| [19:34] | America has lost a giant tonight, | 美国在今晚失去了一位巨人 | 
| [19:37] | and I’ve lost a friend. | 我失去了一位朋友 | 
| [19:41] | Leo McGarry dedicated his life to public service. | Leo McGarry一生奉献给了公共服务 | 
| [19:44] | To the notion that every citizen is responsible… | 还有他的信仰 每个人都有义务 | 
| [19:47] | for making this country a better place. | 来使国家变得更好 | 
| [19:49] | That we have a sacred duty to participate in our democracy, | 我们都有神圣的职责来参与民主政治 | 
| [19:54] | to leave America stronger for the next generation. | 让美国的下一代更加强大 | 
| [20:00] | If I win this election, the country will be worse off … | 如果我赢得大选 国家的情况可能会更糟 … | 
| [20:02] | …because Leo McGarry will not be there to help me run it. | …因为没有了Leo McGarry的帮助 | 
| [20:06] | But I don’t want anyone to vote for or against me because of Leo McGarry. | 但是我不希望任何人因为Leo McGarry 而支持我或者反对我 | 
| [20:11] | This race wasn’t about him and it isn’t about me. | 这场竞争 并不是他或者是我 | 
| [20:14] | It’s a vision for America that will outlast Leo and outlast me. | 那是美国的未来 它比leo和我都要持久的多 | 
| [20:21] | There’s an America that’s bigger than any of us. | 美国整个国家比我们任何一个人都重要 | 
| [20:25] | And for those of you who have not yet voted, | 你们这些还没投票的选民 | 
| [20:28] | … it is the only thing that should matter when you go to the polls tonight. | 这才是今晚你们投票时 唯一应该关心的事情 | 
| [20:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 | 
| [21:01] | Once again, to remind our viewers, | 再一次 提醒我们的观众 | 
| [21:03] | the red states are Vinick’s states, | 红色标记的是Vinick获胜的地方 | 
| [21:05] | …the blue states are Santos states. | 蓝色标记的是Santos获胜的地方 | 
| [21:08] | The rest, the white states are states that have closed their polls… | 那些白色的就是已经揭晓了结果的地方 | 
| [21:11] | …but we don’t have enough information… | …但是我们还没有足够的信息… | 
| [21:13] | Polls just closed in the West. | 西部的结果刚刚揭晓 | 
| [21:15] | All over the count. | 都超乎了预计 | 
| [21:16] | Texas is down to the wire. California is looking like a photo-finish. | 德州即将揭晓 加州以微弱优势获胜 | 
| [21:19] | Oregon and Nevada, both too close to call. | 俄勒冈州和内华达州还不好说 | 
| [21:22] | They just called Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming for Vinick. | 他们预测犹他州,爱达荷州, 蒙大纳州 怀俄明州 将是Vinick的 | 
| [21:25] | We won Arizona? | 谁赢了亚利桑那州? | 
| [21:26] | And Washington state, New Mexico. | 还有华盛顿州和新墨西哥州 | 
| [21:29] | Basically a tie. | 基本上平局 | 
| [21:30] | ‘Omnes una manet nox’. | (拉丁语:我们将迎来一个同样的结果) | 
| [21:32] | What’s that? | 那是什么? | 
| [21:33] | An old campaign saying of Leo’s. | Leo以前的竞选谚语 | 
| [21:35] | ‘The same night awaits us all’. | 我们将迎来一个同样的结果 | 
| [21:37] | Where’s the Congressman? | 国会议员在哪? | 
| [21:38] | In his suite, calling House Candidates. | 在他的房间里 联系候选人 | 
| [21:40] | 2 more seats in California, we have a chance to take back the House. | 加州再多两个席位 我们就有机会获胜 | 
| [21:43] | We projected to win at least 4. | 我们计划的是至少四个 | 
| [21:44] | What about the Senate? | 参议院怎么样了? | 
| [21:45] | Senator Makenna lost Pennsylvania, and Fuller lost Maine, | 参议员Makenna丢了宾夕法尼亚州 Fuller丢了缅因州 | 
| [21:48] | Republicans retain the majority. | 共和党仍占大多数 | 
| [21:50] | And the President’s son-in-law? | 总统的女婿呢? | 
| [21:51] | Double-digit whipping. He’s about to concede any minute. It was out on CNN. | 严重受挫 他可能随时认输了 CNN报导了 | 
| [21:55] | If he can find the podium. | 如果他还有机会上讲台的话 | 
| [21:56] | Are they playing it as a defeat for the First Family? | 他们把这当作是第一家庭的失败吗? | 
| [21:58] | I think they’re playing it as a victory for his Congressional district. | 我想他们把这当作他们选举的胜利 | 
| [22:03] | No, no, I’m fine. | 不 我很好 | 
| [22:05] | You and Vic come up for the funeral. | 你和Vic来参加葬礼 | 
| [22:07] | It hasn’t been said yet, it would probably be in a few days. | 还没有通知 很可能就在几天之内 | 
| [22:11] | All right, sweetheart. | 好吧 甜心 | 
| [22:13] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 | 
| [22:15] | Good night. | 晚安 | 
| [22:18] | Ellie worrying about her father. | Ellie很担心她父亲 | 
| [22:21] | It’s a list of… condolence calls so far. | 这是名单… 目前所有的吊唁电话 | 
| [22:26] | When you have a moment, let us know which ones you’d like to return personally. | 你有空的时候 告诉我们 你想回哪一个电话 | 
| [22:37] | It’s odd, really, watching yourself be replaced on national television. | 很奇怪 真的 看着自己在国家电台 被人替代 | 
| [22:40] | Planned obsolescence. Presidents and mid-sized family sedans. | 做好的计划被废弃 总统成了中产阶级中的一员 | 
| [22:45] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 | 
| [22:49] | Would you run again if you could? | 如果可以的话 你会再次竞选吗? | 
| [22:51] | I think Mrs. Bartlet might have had something to say about that, don’t you? | 我想Bartlet夫人对此有话想说 不是吗? | 
| [22:54] | Well, the electorate can be very persuasive when they want something badly enough. | 当迫切想要某些东西的时候 选民们是很容易说服的 | 
| [22:57] | In the service of two mistresses these past 8 years. That’s been my fate. | 服务了八年 两个任期 那就是我的命运 | 
| [23:02] | Thank God for the 22nd Amendment. I’m spared that particular conversation with Abbey. | 感谢上帝 有了第二十二修正案 我可以不用和Abbey来讨论这个问题 | 
| [23:14] | The first time I met Leo we argued. | 我首次见到leo的时候 我们争吵 | 
| [23:18] | About what? | 关于什么? | 
| [23:19] | Monetary something, Role of the Fed. | 货币政策 联储角色等 | 
| [23:22] | Who won? | 谁赢了? | 
| [23:22] | I did. | 我 | 
| [23:23] | I’m sure if you could ask him, he’d say he did. | 我敢肯定 如果你问他 他会说他赢了 | 
| [23:28] | We almost lost him 15 years ago. Did you know that? | 15年前我们就差点失去他 你知道吗? | 
| [23:33] | Abby and I used to talk about it. | 我和Abby曾经谈过这个 | 
| [23:39] | I was prepared then. | 那时是准备好了 | 
| [23:44] | Not today. | 今天没有 | 
| [23:52] | CBS may call Maine for Vinick. | CBS可能要宣布缅因州将是Vinick的 | 
| [23:54] | Tell them they can’t! | 告诉他们不可以! | 
| [23:55] | Great, I’ll pretend I’m their political director. | 太棒了 我就去假装我是他们的政治领导 | 
| [23:56] | We’re less than a 10th of a percentage point apart. | 我们只差了千分之一 | 
| [23:58] | Anything below 1% is an automatic retabulation. | 低于百分之一的有可能是系统自动取舍造成的 | 
| [24:01] | I’ve got 50 election lawyers waiting by the judicial courthouse in Augusta. | 我有50位选举律师在奥古斯塔等候 | 
| [24:04] | Now get on the phone and tell them they can’t. | 现在接通电话 跟他们说不行 | 
| [24:07] | Do you realize that we have 50 lawyers in Maine and not a single one in Oregon, | 你意识到我们有50个律师在缅因州 去没有一个在俄勒冈州? | 
| [24:09] | with almost twice the electoral votes? | 那里却有两倍多的选票的 | 
| [24:11] | How did that happen? | 怎么会这样? | 
| [24:12] | Oregon looked safe. | 俄勒冈州看起来安全 | 
| [24:13] | Well it’s not safe! It’s dangerously unsafe! | 不安全 还很危险 | 
| [24:14] | It’s unsafe at any speed! | 怎么样都不安全! | 
| [24:16] | We don’t have a single lawyer there! | 我们那一个律师都没有! | 
| [24:17] | Well, how are we gonna get… | 好吧 那我们该怎么样… | 
| [24:18] | Guys! Pull 2 lawyers from Nevada, shoot them to Oregon. Problem solved. | 伙计们! 从内华达州收出两个调往俄勒冈州 问题解决 | 
| [24:20] | What’s going on in the ballroom? Everybody’s still down there? | 舞厅怎么了? 大家还在那? | 
| [24:22] | The Foo Fighters finally ran out their playlist, | The Foo Fighters(名乐队)终于下台了 | 
| [24:24] | Dave Matthews is into his third encore and the bar’s out of Corona. | Dave Matthews第三次被叫“安可” 不过这个酒吧不在Corona | 
| [24:28] | How are we coming on the too-close-to-call, time-to-go-home-and-get-some-sleep statement? | 我们怎么想到“结果为时尚早” “回家休息睡觉”声明? | 
| [24:32] | The Congressman is checking it. | 国会议员正在核实 | 
| [24:33] | Congressman doesn’t read that. | 国会议员不会看那个 | 
| [24:35] | He won’t let go over it. | 他不会放过它的 | 
| [24:36] | Congressman doesn’t read that from a podium, we’re sending everyone home, | 国会议员不会看那演讲 我们让大家回家 | 
| [24:38] | and we send Goodwin out there. | 我们派Goodwin到那 | 
| [24:39] | Don’t turn the next President of the US into a junior high school principal. | 别让下一届总统变成高中纪律主任 | 
| [24:43] | Do you think this will go all night? | 你认为持续一整晚吗? | 
| [24:44] | Maybe not. Turn up the volume. | 也许不用 调大声音 | 
| [24:46] | Getting word right now at this hour, we are prepared now to call Vermont… | 此时刚刚获得消息 我们准备宣布佛蒙特州… | 
| [24:50] | …and its 3 electoral votes and Iowa and its 7 electoral votes… | 佛蒙特州它3个选举团 爱荷华州它7个选举团.. | 
| [24:54] | …for Senator Arnold Vinick. | ..投票给Arnold Vinick. | 
| [24:56] | A total of 10 electoral votes for Vinick, with both candidates home states… | Vinick获得10个选举团的票 考虑到两个候选人都将轻易拿下… | 
| [25:00] | … of Texas and California decidedly up for grabs, those 10 votes could be decisive. | 各自的老家德州和加州 这10票可看作是决定性的 | 
| [25:05] | Oh God! Look at this! | 上帝 看这个 | 
| [25:07] | The state of Maine for Senator Vinick. | 缅因州州被Senator Vinick赢得 | 
| [25:09] | Maine and its 4 electoral votes now belong squarely in the red color… | 缅因州和它的四个选举团现在 属于红色阵营的了.. | 
| [25:14] | Maine being a big and a wealthy spot… | 缅因州一个富有广阔的地方… | 
| [25:20] | Not yet, my friend, not yet. | 还没呢 朋友 还没呢 | 
| [25:21] | That was the Speaker. They just called the Maine second for them. | 是正议院议长 刚刚宣布他们赢得了缅因州 | 
| [25:24] | We lost the House. | 我们丢了老家 | 
| [25:25] | South Carolina state house, illinois, Colorado too. | 还有南加州,伊利诺斯州和科罗拉多州 | 
| [25:28] | How did the Speaker sound? | 听他口气怎么样? | 
| [25:30] | He sounded unemployed. | 听起来像是要失业了 | 
| [25:36] | And now, with over 85% of polling places, we are prepared to call Texas… | 现在已经获得85%以上支持 我们准备宣布德州… | 
| [25:43] | … for native son Congressman Matthew Santos. | ..被本土人Matthew Santos取得 | 
| [25:46] | 34 electoral votes will be added to the Santos… | Santos的支持增加到34个选举团… | 
| [25:51] | Sure you don’t wanna wait until we hear a full…? | 当然 你不会想一直等到我们…? | 
| [25:53] | Hey, who cares what we’re going on here. He won his home state. | 嘿 谁在乎那 他赢得了自己的老家罢了 | 
| [25:55] | Worst case, he’s Governor, Senator, he cares as much as he wants. | 最差的情况 他是州长 议院 他想怎么在意就怎样 | 
| [26:00] | 34 electoral votes! | 34个选举团投票! | 
| [26:24] | – It’s all down to California now. – Have you seen Josh? | 就看加州了 你看到过Josh吗? | 
| [26:26] | Not in a while. | 有一会没见到了 | 
| [26:42] | Have you seen Josh Lyman? | 你看到过Josh Lyman吗? | 
| [26:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [27:12] | I called housekeeping. I didn’t want Mallory… | 我叫了家政管理 我不想让Mallory… | 
| [27:18] | coming here and finding the paramedic stuff. | 过来后发现这些护理医具 | 
| [27:23] | We won Texas. California would put us over. | 我们赢得了德州. 加州会让我们获胜 | 
| [27:30] | You’ve done a remarkable thing. Win or lose. An extraordinary thing. | 你做了了不起的事情 无论输还是赢 非常的出色 | 
| [27:36] | I talked him into this, into joining the ticket. | 我说服leo来参加这场游戏 | 
| [27:39] | Nobody ever talked Leo into anything he didn’t want to do. | 从来没人能说服他做他不喜欢的事情 | 
| [27:43] | And he’d want you upstairs. Not down here. | 他希望你现在在楼上 不是这里 | 
| [27:48] | You belong up there. It’s your night. | 你属于那里 那是你的夜晚 | 
| [27:53] | He was so proud of you, Josh. | 他为你自豪 Josh. | 
| [28:01] | The Republican base must have been pleased as they watch the… | 共和党人一定会高兴当他们看到… | 
| [28:04] | Say who’s California, that’s it. | 看谁赢得加州 就是这样 | 
| [28:06] | Take my marbles and go home. | 我还是收拾包袱快点回家 | 
| [28:08] | You are not gonna lose California. | 你不会输掉加州 | 
| [28:09] | Should have spent more time there. | 再多花点时间 | 
| [28:11] | And why we didn’t? | 为什么不? | 
| [28:12] | Spend more time where, the South? Which we won hands down? | 花时间在哪? 南部? 唾手可得的那地方? | 
| [28:14] | Not South Carolina. | 不是南加州 | 
| [28:15] | Well, the Democratic Government probably fulled out | 民主党政府一定是亲手数出 | 
| [28:16] | every Santos ballot by hand. | Santos的每一张选票 | 
| [28:18] | – How we possibly… – We can challenge this in court. | 我们怎么能.. 我们可以在法律上对此提出质疑 | 
| [28:20] | Find if your precinct in South West where we dind’t go, | 发现我们没有去你在西南部的选取 | 
| [28:22] | was the reason they voted Democrat. | 就是他们投票给民主党的原因的话 | 
| [28:23] | They’ll laugh you out of the courthouse. | 他们会在法院外笑死你 | 
| [28:24] | – What are you gonna say? – Everybody shut up! | 你要说什么? 都闭嘴! | 
| [28:29] | This is not about Leo McGarry. That’s not why we can’t win in California. | 这不是关于Leo McGarry 那不是我们没有赢得加州的原因 | 
| [28:34] | It’s San Andreo. | 是 San Andreo. | 
| [28:35] | Your support of nuclear power isn’t why we are weak… | 你对核武器的支持不是我们… | 
| [28:37] | In Texas, weak in New Mexico… | 在德州 新墨西哥州弱势的原因?… | 
| [28:41] | This isn’t about skin colour. | 这不是肤色问题 | 
| [28:45] | Sometimes the voters don’t decide. | 有时候不是选民决定选谁 | 
| [28:48] | Circumstances decide, history decides. | 是环境决定 历史决定 | 
| [28:52] | Arnold? Let me at least talk to the lawyers. | Arnold? 至少让我跟律师谈谈 | 
| [28:54] | Hodder’s got a team meeting downstairs. | Hodder叫了一支队伍在楼下开会 | 
| [28:58] | You have a number where I can reach Santos? | 你有个能联系到Santos的电话号码吗? | 
| [29:01] | It is too premature to start talking about calling… | 现在还太早来… | 
| [29:03] | I want the number. I’m gonna die or live as soon as they call California. | 我要号码 他们宣布加州时 我要么活着要么就挂了 | 
| [29:06] | And I want my daughter here, where is she? | 我想见我女儿 她在哪? | 
| [29:08] | She’s putting your grandkids to bed. | 她在哄你外孙睡觉 | 
| [29:09] | – Turn up the TV. – What? | 打开电视 什么? | 
| [29:10] | Turn up the damn television. | 打开那他妈的电视 | 
| [29:15] | Vinick’s experiencing a small surge in late validating, possibly due… | Vinick刚出现一个小高潮… | 
| [29:18] | …to the death of Democratic Vicepresidential candidate Leo McGarry. | 很可能是因为民主党副总统侯选人 Leo McGarry的突然死亡 | 
| [29:21] | And showing a great deal of strength in the North to all set, | 在北方各地表现出强劲势头 | 
| [29:25] | …predictably low turnout in San Diego County, | 预计在圣地亚哥形势不会乐观 | 
| [29:28] | …near the site of last month’s nuclear accident. | 考虑到那里离上个月的核事故地点很近 | 
| [29:30] | I’m sure that Vinick never anticipated winning … | 我敢肯定Vinick也不会指望在那获胜 … | 
| [29:33] | …after the catastrophic nuclear accident in California a few weeks ago. | ..考虑到几星期前加州的悲惨核事故 | 
| [29:37] | Some websites went as far as to predict that Vinick was the loser of this election. | 有些网站甚至直接预测Vinick已经输掉大选 | 
| [29:42] | We are now ready to call California for Arnold Vinick, | 我们现在准备宣布加州 被Arnold Vinick赢得 | 
| [29:46] | …by what appears to be over 80.000 votes. | ..以80.000多票的明显优势 | 
| [29:49] | Senator Vinick is the winner in his home state… | 议员Vinick是他自己老家的赢家. | 
| [29:53] | What’s left? | 还剩先什么? | 
| [29:54] | Oregon and Nevada. | 俄勒冈州和内华达州 | 
| [29:56] | Vinick wins either one… | Vinick赢一个… | 
| [29:58] | We have to win them both. | 我们两个都得赢 | 
| [29:59] | Every lawyer we got, get them on planes to Oregon and Nevada! | 让所有的律师上飞机赶往俄勒冈州和内华达州! | 
| [30:10] | It’s hard to say if the election will even be decided tonight, | 很难说大选就在今晚结束 | 
| [30:14] | Oregon and Nevada got 12 electoral votes between them. | 俄勒冈州和内华达州之间有12个选举团. | 
| [30:18] | They are all that separate one of these two men from the Presidency. | 他们都离这两位候选人比较远. | 
| [30:22] | This election has been predicted for weeks, now it’s one of the closest… | 此次大选被预测了几个星期了 现在它也是… | 
| [30:25] | elections we’ve seen in recent years. | 几年来最不相上下的一次. | 
| [30:26] | Both camps have been prepared for a legal battle… | 双方阵营都准备好了法律大战… | 
| [30:30] | though both are still hopeful | 虽然双方依然都抱有希望 | 
| [30:32] | that their candidate will prevail tonight once the final… | 他们的候选人会在今晚获胜… | 
| [30:36] | In Nevada, more than 90% of the precincts have reported, and in Oregon, | 在内华达州 90% 的选民已经汇报 在俄勒冈州, | 
| [30:40] | …that number is more like 92% and still votes are too close … | …在俄勒冈州 数字是92% 依然为时尚早 … | 
| [30:45] | to give a clear picture of where this race is headed. | 来说这场竞争最终将走向何方 | 
| [30:48] | Arnold Vinick, having retired from his Senate seat, | Arnold Vinick从参议员席位退休 | 
| [30:50] | maybe facing a much different kind of retirement if he doesn’t come up… | 可能会面临一场相当艰难的退休 如果他今晚上… | 
| [30:54] | …with those 4 electoral votes tonight. | …没有赢得这四个选举团的支持的话. | 
| [30:56] | 4 votes that could make him the leader of the free world. | 这四票让他成为自由世界的领导者. | 
| [30:59] | The leader of the Western world. | 西方世界的领导者 | 
| [31:01] | This could be for Vinick the final political chess move… | 这很可能是Vinick政治生涯中最后一步棋… | 
| [31:04] | At least, both candidates can claim to have won their home states, | 至少 两位候选人都可以宣称 自己赢得了自己的老家 | 
| [31:08] | …which, in the case of Matt Santos, | ..对Matt Santos来说 | 
| [31:09] | …could be a springboard for a future second run at the Presidency… | ..这可以作为他再次竞选总统的跳板.. | 
| [31:13] | ….or State office. | |
| [31:16] | Congressman? | 国会议员? | 
| [31:19] | You have a concesion speech ready? | 你准备好败选演说了? | 
| [31:21] | You’re not gonna need it. | 你不需要. | 
| [31:22] | Make sure you have language about | 确定一下里面包括这样的字眼 | 
| [31:25] | how this wasn’t a race or etnic thing. | 这不涉及民族或是伦理道德问题 | 
| [31:27] | Let’s all join hands and… unite behind… you know. | 让我们互相团结 共同携手… 你懂的 | 
| [31:31] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 | 
| [31:31] | Thank you, Congressman. | 谢谢你 国会议员 | 
| [31:33] | Bram, make sure I have a direct number for Senator Vinick at Los Angeles. | Bram, 确实一下我有参议员 Vinick在洛杉矶的电话 | 
| [31:43] | Dont’ give him Vinick’s number without talking to me first. | 在跟我说之前别给他Vinick的号码 | 
| [31:45] | He just said he wants me to get… | 他刚说了他想要 | 
| [31:47] | If I didn’t know what he said, why would I tell you to ignore it? | 如果我不知道他说了什么 我怎么会让你别管他? | 
| [31:53] | More coffee? | 还要咖啡? | 
| [31:54] | I was just going to mainline adrenaline. Couldn’t find a clean needle. | 我刚才要注射肾上腺素 没找到一支干净的针头 | 
| [31:59] | When this is over, we should go to business together. | 当这结束后 我们应该一起去做生意 | 
| [32:02] | Yin and Yang Political Consultants, Inc. | “Yin和Yang的政治顾问Inc” | 
| [32:04] | Our motto can be, ‘It ain’t about the ideals, it’s about the money, stupid. | 我们的座右铭就是 这不是关于理想 而是关于钱 蠢货 | 
| [32:11] | Pithy. You don’t think it might scare off prospective clients? | 精练.你不认为这会吓跑预计的客户么? | 
| [32:14] | Only the neophytes. We’d be fighting off five-term congressmen with a stick. | 只有新手会,不然的话我们只有拄着拐杖 来对抗五个任期的国会议员了 | 
| [32:19] | Seriously, we should talk about it. | 认真地说 我们真应该谈谈 | 
| [32:22] | You’re not going with the Senator? | 你不跟参议员混了? | 
| [32:23] | Tiny cubicle in the West Wing? | 在白宫西厢的小房间? | 
| [32:25] | Your own table at the Oval Room? | 你在总统府有办公桌? | 
| [32:27] | Guaranteed spot in every book-index for the next 4 years? | 接下来四年在规定的地点活动? | 
| [32:31] | I’m much of a make-the-trains-run- on-time kind of guy, I like the… | 我是那种及时把握时机的人 我就像… | 
| [32:34] | …gladiatorial arena, two candidates wacking away at each other with a helly ad pie. | 竞技场里的角斗士 两位候选人在竞选广告份额上死斗 | 
| [32:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [32:42] | But I am done. I’m going home. | 不过我不干了 我回家 | 
| [32:45] | Yeah, where’s home? | 是吗 哪里的家? | 
| [32:47] | Upstate New York, Essex County. | 纽约北部 艾塞克斯县 | 
| [32:50] | Bought a big house on the Hudson there, that I never got to see. | 在Hudson(河流)旁边买座大房子 以前一直没机会 | 
| [32:55] | I was thinking about planting some flowers. | 我在想在那里种些花草 | 
| [32:59] | Put around the garden a little. | 包围花园一圈 | 
| [33:02] | Flowers? | 花? | 
| [33:05] | We’re ahead by 2.000 votes in Oregon. | 我们在俄勒冈州领先2000票 | 
| [33:07] | Anything less than 3.500 are automatic recount. | 领先少于3500票就会启动选举验票 | 
| [33:10] | In Nevada we’re behind by a few hundred, | 在内华达州我们落后几百票 | 
| [33:12] | but anyone can request a recount, so… | 双方都可以要求验票 所以 | 
| [33:14] | We have legal teams on the ground now, both in Salem and Carson City. | 我们的法律小组已经在Salem和Carson准备了 | 
| [33:17] | So do the Republicans. | 共和党人也是 | 
| [33:18] | We need to talk about a possible legal challenge from Vinick, Vinick & Vinick, | 我的讨论一下可能的法律质疑 来自Vinick, Vinick 还是 Vinick | 
| [33:22] | …in case we win. | ..如果我们赢了的话 | 
| [33:23] | We all know that is right for a challenge. | 我们都知道 质疑是合适的 | 
| [33:25] | Nevada has a large number of seniors with winterhomes, I mean, | 内华达州有许多老年人不在本州过冬 我是说 | 
| [33:27] | how many of them voted in their home states? | 他们中有几个在本州投票的? | 
| [33:29] | 10.000 voters had absenty ballots, both in New York and Florida 4 years ago. | 四年前的大选 纽约和佛罗里达就都有1万多票缺席 | 
| [33:33] | I had some report on voters fraude on Indian reservations, | 我有些印第安区的选举欺诈的报告 | 
| [33:35] | intimidation of Latino voters, | 胁迫拉丁美洲选民 | 
| [33:37] | That’s just a few complaints. | 那还是冰山一角 | 
| [33:38] | A few may be all we need. | 一角也足够了 | 
| [33:40] | Well, if that’s how I win, that gives me a mandate for, what, chasing ambulances? | 好吧 如果我靠这获胜 我能得到什么?追赶救护车? | 
| [33:44] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么鬼东西? | 
| [33:46] | We just won Oregon. | 我们刚刚赢得了俄勒冈州. | 
| [33:51] | It all comes down to Nevada. | 就看内华达州了 | 
| [33:53] | Winner takes all has always been a part of the silver state history. | 获胜者将赢得这历史上的银色土地 | 
| [33:56] | What happens in Nevada tonight certainly won’t stay in Nevada. | 今晚在内华达州所发生的当然 不会仅限于内华达州. | 
| [34:00] | As the nation’s future President… | 因为这个国家的总统….. | 
| [34:02] | Never estimated a field operation in Nevada. | 没想过我们在内华达州还需要活动 | 
| [34:04] | To move it California, where we won by only 18.000 votes. | 都调往加州那里我们以18000票获胜 | 
| [34:09] | We should have taken Nevada from anywhere but Nevada. | 我们最应该获胜的就是内华达州 | 
| [34:14] | The RNC has a team of lawyers waiting outside, | RNC在外面有一支法律小组在等候 | 
| [34:16] | they want to file for a recount in Nevada inmediately if Santos wins. | 一但Santos获胜 他们就准备申请验票 | 
| [34:19] | No. | 不 | 
| [34:19] | If Santos wins Nevada, it’ll be by maybe 10, 20.000 votes, of over a million registered… | Santos赢得内华达州也是以一两万票 那里有数百万票注册选民.. | 
| [34:25] | No. | 不 | 
| [34:26] | I know you don’t want one of those junk lawsuits | 我知道你不想用这些垃圾律师 | 
| [34:28] | that you spoke about in speeches. | 如你在演讲中说的 | 
| [34:30] | You’re damn right I don’t want. | 你真对了 我不想用 | 
| [34:31] | This isn’t that. This is about people getting who they really voted for. | 这是两码事 这是关于选票是否投给了他们想要的人 | 
| [34:33] | This is about taking a few extra days | 这是关于多花几天时间 | 
| [34:35] | to ensure that our true voters were heard. | 来确认选民的声音是否正确传达 | 
| [34:37] | Thousands of voters in Nevada, they’re registered in other states too. | 内华达州有上千的选民在别处注册的 | 
| [34:41] | Within 4 years ago, over 10.000… | 就在四年前 有10.000… | 
| [34:44] | I’ll be a winner, or I’ll be a loser. | 我会是胜者还是败者 | 
| [34:47] | I won’t be a sore loser. | 我不会输不起 | 
| [34:48] | Senator, if you win, believe me, the Santos people are gonna be filing legal lawsuits… | 参议员 相信我 如果是你赢的话 Santos的人会立即申请验票… | 
| [34:52] | …before the Secretary of State of Nevada is finished reading the results. | ..在内华达州秘书长看到结果之前就会 | 
| [34:56] | So this is it. | 事情就是这样 | 
| [34:57] | There are no second acts in American politics. Not anymore. | 在美国政治中已经没别的选择了 | 
| [35:00] | You hate this, we all hate this, but if this happens, and you don’t challenge it, | 你讨厌这样 我们也讨厌 但如果事情发生了 你又不提出质疑 | 
| [35:04] | …you’re gonna wake up in a week, maybe two, and regret it for the rest of your life. | 你一个星期或者两个星期后觉悟过来 然后一生都后悔 | 
| [35:20] | Hey! | 嘿! | 
| [35:22] | – Congressman, you need something? – No, no. | 议员 你需要什么吗? 不 | 
| [35:25] | I had to get out of that room. | 我得离开这房间 | 
| [35:26] | Same old talking heads, babbling the same drivel to fill up airtime. | 老家伙在广播上喋喋不休得说着陈词滥调 | 
| [35:32] | They could just run it in a continuous loop; no one would even notice tonight. | 他们会连续循环的播放 今晚甚至不会有人意识到 | 
| [35:38] | Did we even campaign in Nevada? | 我们在内华达州有活动吗? | 
| [35:40] | ‘Cause I seem to vaguely remember something about a convention center… | ‘因为我只模糊的记得一个会议中心… | 
| [35:44] | … a couple of months back. | … 那是几个月前. | 
| [35:45] | It was in your plane hangar, we were on the ground about 20 minutes. | 在飞机修理厂 我们在那停了20分钟 | 
| [35:48] | I should have had you moved there a couple of years ago. | 我应该让你几年前就搬去那 | 
| [35:50] | Maybe even headline a show at the MGM Grand. | 甚至在米高梅做个节目 | 
| [35:54] | Yeah, well, who knew? | 是 好吧 谁知道呢? | 
| [35:57] | Barry Goodwin and the lawyers are planning a march on Washington, | Barry Goodwin 还有律师们在计划 向华盛顿进军 | 
| [36:00] | if we don’t win, what do you think? | 如果我们不获胜 你怎么认为? | 
| [36:03] | I think you’ve got some of the best legal minds of the party in there. | 我想你可以见识一下党内顶尖的律师 | 
| [36:06] | Come on, straight out. | 少来了 直接点 | 
| [36:11] | I think you’re young, smart, | 我认为你年轻 有智慧 | 
| [36:15] | … the party’s presumptive nominee 4 years from now, win or lose. | … 党内假定的提名人 无论输赢 | 
| [36:20] | You take it to court, you’re the guy who screams at the ump… | 你上场了 朝着裁判喊叫… | 
| [36:22] | … because they don’t like the call at the plate. | … 因为他们不喜欢本垒得分 | 
| [36:24] | Nobody votes for that guy again. | 没人再投那家伙了 | 
| [36:53] | Been a hell of a ride though, hasn’t it? | 真辛苦 是吧? | 
| [36:58] | Yes. | 是 | 
| [37:01] | Congressman? | 议员? | 
| [37:03] | We think they’re getting ready to call Nevada. | 我想他们准备好打电话给内华达州了 | 
| [37:16] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [37:19] | Send her in. | 让她进来 | 
| [37:26] | Yeah. | 是 | 
| [37:28] | Sorry to disturb you, Mr President. | 抱歉打扰您 总统先生 | 
| [37:30] | You wanted me to wake you when there was a result. | 您想让我在结果出来时通知您 | 
| [37:34] | Do we have a winner? | 我们赢了? | 
| [37:36] | Yes, sir, we do. | 是的 先生 | 
| [38:11] | It’s only 30.000 votes. | 只有30.000票优势 | 
| [38:13] | You have to challenge it. | 你得提出质疑 | 
| [38:15] | Shall I bring in the lawyers? They’re waiting outside. | 我把律师叫过来? 他们在外面等着 | 
| [38:18] | You really think it’s a counting error? | 你真的认为会是计票错误? | 
| [38:21] | Doesn’t anybody how many Hispanics live in Nevada now? | 没人知道现在内华达州有多少西班牙人吗? | 
| [38:24] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [38:26] | How many of them are legal? | 他们有多少是合法居民? | 
| [38:41] | Get the President-Elect on the phone. | 给我接通当选的总统 | 
| [38:48] | I want to congratulate him. | 我想祝贺他 | 
| [38:53] | Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, please? | 女士们先生们 请听我说 | 
| [38:58] | You’ve heard me saying it before, | 你们都听我说过 | 
| [39:00] | …and I have mentioned it every single time. | …我也每次都提起它 | 
| [39:03] | The speech is on the podium. | 你的演讲在指挥台上 | 
| [39:04] | Thanks, Bram. | 谢谢 Bram. | 
| [39:07] | For everything. | 一切事情 | 
| [39:08] | It’s the best thing I’ve ever done in my life. | 那是我一生中做过最棒的事情 | 
| [39:11] | I think we may find a way to top it. | 我想我们可以超越它 | 
| [39:13] | …of these United States and the next First Lady, | …让我们欢迎总统和第一夫人 | 
| [39:16] | Matthew and Helen Santos! | Matthew 和Helen Santos! | 
| [39:54] | Thank you so very much. | 非常感谢 | 
| [39:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [39:59] | And thanks for sticking around all night. | 谢谢大家逗留了整个晚上 | 
| [40:01] | If you haven’t left this room in a while, the sun is coming up. | 多待一会 太阳就出来了 | 
| [40:11] | First I wanna say a special word of thanks to Senator Vinick, | 首先我想特别感谢一下参议员Vinick | 
| [40:15] | …and I ask you all to join me in applauding his lifetime of service. | .我想让你们和我一起为他一生的服务鼓掌 | 
| [40:24] | Arnie Vinick made this a better campaign | Arnie Vinick让竞选更加出色 | 
| [40:27] | and this made a better country for all of us. | 这让我们的国家变得更好 | 
| [40:35] | My father was a barber. My mother a domestic servant. | 我父亲是个理发师 我母亲是个佣人 | 
| [40:38] | And I never dreamed that I’d had this chance to serve… | 我从没想到过有机会.. | 
| [40:42] | … so many people in so many ways. | …在这么多的方面服务这么多人 | 
| [40:45] | It would be easy for me to stand here… | 让我站在这里… | 
| [40:49] | … and claim a sweeping mandate for the next 4 years, | .大谈未来四年的规划很容易 | 
| [40:53] | …’cause I can’t do that. | …我不会这样做 | 
| [40:54] | This was a razor-thin election. | 这是以微弱优势获得的胜利 | 
| [40:58] | My intention is to be the President of everyone, | 我想要所有人的总统 | 
| [41:00] | black or brown, yellow or white, | 黑皮肤褐皮肤的 黄种人白种人 | 
| [41:03] | Republican or Democrat. | 共和党人 民主党人 | 
| [41:06] | I’ve got a lot to reach out to. America has become more polarized. | 我需要做到很多事情 美国正变得更加两极化 | 
| [41:10] | You can’t run for president and not see that. | 你竞选总统不可能感觉不到 | 
| [41:12] | Our votes may have been divided but our country will not be divided. | 我们的支持者意见是分歧的 但是我们的国家不能分歧 | 
| [41:18] | Because ultimately it’s not about left or right, it’s about doing right. | 因为最终不是关于左派还是右派 而是关于做正确的事情 | 
| [41:26] | Together, | 一起携手 | 
| [41:28] | We are going to live up those who’ve been left out. | 来超越我们的前辈 | 
| [41:31] | We are going to ensure that the promise of America is not the priviledge of a few, | 我们要确定美国的希望不是 满足少数人的利益 | 
| [41:35] | …but the birthright of all Americans. | ..而是所有的美国子女 | 
| [41:38] | I am more grateful that I could say, | 我比我现在说的还要感激 | 
| [41:40] | you have given me an opportunity… | 你们给我一个机会… | 
| [41:42] | …that comes to few people. | ..一个只有少数人得到的机会 | 
| [41:43] | Perhaps fewer are worthy of it. God bless you. | 可能少数值得得到的人 上帝保佑你们 | 
| [41:45] | And God bless America. | 上帝保佑美国 | 
| [41:52] | Thanks, boss. | 谢谢 老大 | 
| [41:56] | Transcription and Syncro: GinadeCai Feedback: Enigma132000 |