| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:05] | Previously on The West Wing: | |
| [00:06] | We offer a Cabinet position to a Republican who can’t possibly take it? | 我们将内阁职位提供给了一个 永不可能接受它的共和党人? | 
| [00:09] | – Barry thought it was a good idea. – Barry is wrong. | Barry觉得这是个好主意 Barry错了 | 
| [00:13] | Okay to have sex in a hotel, but not my apartment? | 为什么在酒店做爱就可以 在我家就不行? | 
| [00:15] | It’s a step. People get uncomfortable. I assumed you’d be one. | 这是阶段问题 有些人不喜欢在家里 我以为你也是这样 | 
| [00:19] | Uncomfortable with sex in my apartment? | 在家里做爱会不舒服? | 
| [00:20] | Are you really gonna try to convince me I’m the one who finds this all awkward? | 你真的能让我相信 我才是搞出这一堆麻烦的人? | 
| [00:24] | You’re blowing any political capital we might have by forcing us to fight a war. | 强迫去打这场仗 你会让我们失去现有的政治优势 | 
| [00:29] | What’s your exit strategy? | 你的撤离计划是什么? | 
| [00:31] | I don’t have one. | 我根本就没有 | 
| [00:36] | This is your captain. | 我是机长 | 
| [00:38] | We’ve reached our flying altitude…… of 35,000 feet, | 我们现在的飞行高度是35000英尺 | 
| [00:41] | and we’re expecting a smooth flight. | 飞行状态良好 | 
| [00:43] | So I’ve turned off the seatbelt sign but ask that you please remain seated. | 安全带信号灯已关闭 但请各位乘客不要离座 | 
| [00:48] | Flight attendants will be around to hand out headsets… | 机组人员将在周围分发耳机 | 
| [00:53] | Oh, sorry. | 不好意思 | 
| [00:55] | – No problem. – Thanks. | 没关系 谢谢 | 
| [01:02] | Sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [01:03] | – There’s room here if you want. – No, no, no. Thanks. I’m fine. | 如果你需要多余的地方我这边还有 不 不 不 谢谢 这样就行了 | 
| [01:07] | – A lot happening over there. – It’s my contribution to the chaos theory. | 你看上去很忙 这是我的对混沌理论的研究 | 
| [01:11] | I’ll try to keep the experiment from escaping the lab. | 我正在努力整理他们 | 
| [01:13] | ??? | 唔 不好意思 | 
| [01:14] | Great Britain has always been first among friends… | 英国一直是我们最好的朋友 | 
| [01:16] | …and I look forward to continuing our nations’ special relationship. | 希望我们两国的 友好关系能继续持续下去 | 
| [01:22] | I thank you for your call, Madam Prime Minister. | 谢谢您的来电 首相女士 | 
| [01:27] | Who’s next? | 下一个是谁? | 
| [01:29] | Oh, that phone sheet’s a mile long. | 天啊 那张电话单子有一英里长 | 
| [01:31] | The president-elect returns all calls from G8 leaders. | 总统当选人照例将答复所有来自 西方八国集团领导人的来电 | 
| [01:34] | The Surinames of the world…are handled by the chief foreign policy adviser. | 而外交问题则由首席外交顾问处理 | 
| [01:38] | – We better hire one. – Yes, congressman. | 我们最好请个这种顾问 是的 议员 | 
| [01:40] | Mr… | 呃… | 
| [01:42] | Sir. | 先生 | 
| [01:47] | – Seen you on TV. – Yeah? | 在电视上看到你了 是吗? | 
| [01:49] | You look younger. | 你看起来要年轻些 | 
| [01:51] | Well, TV ages you. It’s the lighting. | 怎么说呢 电视让你看起来年纪大些 这是光线问题 | 
| [01:54] | I meant on TV you look younger. | 我是说在电视里 你看起来比现实中年轻 | 
| [01:57] | – Okay. – I voted for the other guy. | 哦 我投了另一个人的票 | 
| [01:59] | Yeah, a lot of people did. | 很多人都这么干 | 
| [02:01] | – Didn’t want my taxes raised. – We’re not gonna raise your taxes. | 只是不想涨税 我们不会涨你的税 | 
| [02:05] | – Well, Vinick was gonna cut them. – Not for you. | Vinick的政策是减税 也不是给你减 | 
| [02:08] | For the guys you drive around. | 是给你的乘客(意指有钱人) | 
| [02:10] | – Like you? – You think I could afford to travel… | 像你这种? 你难道认为我能负担的起… | 
| [02:13] | …like this on my own? – You just let the American public pay. | 这样的旅行? 你只要花纳税人的钱就好 | 
| [02:16] | We almost there? | 我们是不是快到了? | 
| [02:32] | Thank you, chancellor. The German-U.S. relationship… | 谢谢您 总理 德国与我国 | 
| [02:35] | …couldn’t be more important, both within and independent of the EU. | 之间的关系是非常重要的 我们都跟欧盟有着微妙的关系 | 
| [02:40] | Oh, I very much look forward to our working together, sir. Bye. | 我很期待我们的合作 再见 | 
| [02:46] | – Next. – Russian President Chigorin. | 下一个 俄国总统Chigorin. | 
| [02:51] | – He’s one of the G8s. – He’s also a leader of a nation… | 他是西方八国集团领导人之一 他也是一个 | 
| [02:53] | …we may find ourselves exchanging hostile fire with any minute. | 我们随时会与之交火的 国家的最高领导人 | 
| [02:59] | Call him. | 给他打电话吧 | 
| [03:06] | It’s a general partnership. They’re looking at a prolonged wind-up. | 这是个正常的伙伴关系 他们想要的是长期的合作 | 
| [03:08] | They know they’re liable for new business until notice of dissolution… | 你告诉他们应该对新的生意负责 直到解散通知发到所有债权人手上? | 
| [03:12] | …has been given to all their creditors? | |
| [03:13] | No. I’ve only done this for 28 years. | 不 我干这个活只有28年而已 | 
| [03:16] | Look, Leiter is hell-bent on a disso… | 各位 Leiter为了这事已经精疲力竭 | 
| [03:19] | I’m sorry, can we help you? | 不好意思 我有什么能帮到您的吗? | 
| [03:28] | If you’ll all excuse me for a moment. | 不好意思 我出去一下 | 
| [03:33] | I thought you’d never call. | 我还以为你再也不会打电话来 | 
| [04:27] | You knew you’d hear from me. | 你知道我会再打来的 | 
| [04:29] | Gave me a chance to hone my turndown. | 给我了抱怨的机会 | 
| [04:31] | That’s why I didn’t do it over the phone. | 这也是为什么我直接过来 而不是仅仅打个电话 | 
| [04:33] | Your showing up does have a nice nostalgic symmetry. | 你的出现让我有怀旧的感觉 | 
| [04:36] | – Style points. – If nothing else. | 我的个性得分 也就这样了 | 
| [04:37] | Substance too. This guy’s the real deal. | 还有我本身 这些人看起来挺不错 | 
| [04:40] | – You said that last time. – Yeah, look how right I was. | 你上次就说过了 是啊 看我说的多对 | 
| [04:45] | Tell me you don’t miss it. | 别告诉我想回去了 | 
| [04:47] | I don’t miss it. | 我没想回去 | 
| [04:48] | – Liar. – Attorney. | 骗子 是律师 | 
| [04:53] | – Amazing thing, what you did. – Well, that’s the easy part. | 你干了件了不起的事 怎么说 那其实不是很难 | 
| [04:56] | – It’s what you do with it that counts. – You know how much I’m making now? | 现在做才是重要的 你知道我现在能挣多少吗? | 
| [04:59] | – It’s gonna make me wanna puke. – Not make you want to, you will puke. | 也许会让我听着想吐 不是想而以 你真的会吐出来 | 
| [05:04] | So you can afford to come back and work for a government wage. | 这样如果你回华盛顿靠 政府的薪水也能活得很好 | 
| [05:07] | I can afford to do good work here. | 我在这里也有好的工作 | 
| [05:09] | It’s amazing what I’ve got the firm to do. You should work here. | 你不会相信我在这个事务所能做什么 你也应该到这里来工作 | 
| [05:12] | – Democratic House. We never had that. – Republican Senate. | 民主党议院 我们以前没有过 共和党参议院 | 
| [05:15] | – Moveable. – Conceivably. | 可以改变的 令人信服 | 
| [05:17] | I almost lost, though, you know? | 我差一点就迷失了我自己 你知道吗? | 
| [05:20] | Makes you appreciate the shot. | 让人感激那次机会 | 
| [05:22] | – I can’t do it. – It can’t just be the money. | 我不能这么干 不可能完全是因为钱 | 
| [05:25] | – There’s my love life. – That’s a moveable feast. | 还有我的感情生活 是可以改变的 | 
| [05:27] | – Not entirely. I’m getting married. – I’ve heard it before. | 不完全是 我准备结婚了 你以前也这样过 | 
| [05:31] | – Nice. – Congratulations is what I mean. | 是吗 我是说 恭喜 | 
| [05:33] | What about your life? | 你的生活是怎样的? | 
| [05:36] | – What was I thinking? – I’ve been somewhat busy. | 我到底在想什么? 我…一直很忙 | 
| [05:38] | – That explains the… – The what? | 这说明… 什么? | 
| [05:40] | – Your general… – What? The… It’s the hairline, isn’t it? | 你的日常生活… 怎么? 是…是发线的问题 是吧? | 
| [05:44] | – It’s retreated. – It’s routed… | 它在后移 它很好… | 
| [05:47] | …like Napoleon out of Moscow. | …就像拿破仑离开莫斯科 | 
| [05:49] | – There’s also a pallor issue. – You live in melanoma central. | 你的脸色也很差 你住在黑瘤的中间 | 
| [05:53] | “Healthy glow” turns out to be oxymoronic. | 健康只是说说而已 | 
| [05:55] | I’d be glad to help with the inaugural speech. | 我很荣幸能帮忙写就职演说 | 
| [05:58] | Great. But that’s not what I flew out here to ask. | 那很好 但不是我飞过来的首要目的 | 
| [06:02] | Deputy chief of staff. You’re me, to my Leo. | 副参谋长 你对我就像我对Leo那样重要 | 
| [06:08] | Think about it. | 好好想想 | 
| [06:11] | – Josh. – At least give me that. | 至少好好考虑一下 | 
| [06:12] | – I did… – Fly all the way out here? | 我 不管怎么说… 飞了这么远到这里来? | 
| [06:14] | That’s how much I want you. I’m willing to channel my mother. | 这说明我有多需要你 我甚至愿意跟妈妈谈谈 | 
| [06:19] | – I’ll think about it. – Great. | 我会想想 很好 | 
| [06:22] | – You done? – Josh. | 想好了吗? | 
| [06:24] | – What’s to think about? Really? – For one… | 到底有什么好想的? 说真的? 最起码… | 
| [06:26] | …whether I wanna end up looking like you. | 我得想想是不是 愿意变成像你那样 | 
| [06:32] | The numbers for the San Andreo cleanup won’t make you happy. | San Andreo的开发基金 并不让人满意 | 
| [06:35] | Wait till the Santos folks get a load of the figures for Kazakhstan. | 等到Santo的人搞到对 哈萨克斯坦财务数据再说 | 
| [06:39] | They’ll demand a recount. | 他们会要求重新计算 | 
| [06:40] | Santos is coming by for an in-depth Sit Room briefing on the intervention. | Santos正准备过来 做武装干涉的汇报 | 
| [06:44] | Okay. I want you to be as helpful as possible for the transition team. | 好的 我希望你在过渡期 给予他们最大的帮助 | 
| [06:48] | Transitions are bumpy at best | 过渡期是最难熬的 | 
| [06:51] | even when the incoming and the outgoing… | 就算那些准备就职和离职的 管理者们是同坐一条船 | 
| [06:53] | …administrations are of the same party. | |
| [06:54] | And I don’t wanna hear of any pranks | 我也不想听到一些乱七八糟的事 | 
| [06:56] | cutting of cables to computers and such. | 像是电脑的线被剪断了这一类的 | 
| [06:59] | – That turned out to be apocryphal. – No apocrypha either. | 那件事查出是假的 那它也不是不可信的 | 
| [07:02] | We’re gonna leave with some class. | 我们走也要走的漂亮些 | 
| [07:04] | Yeah? | 什么? | 
| [07:04] | – Sir, Marine One is waiting. – It’s not going anywhere without me. | 先生 海军一号在等您 没有我他们哪也不会去 | 
| [07:09] | – Thank you, C.J. – Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你 C.J. 谢谢您 总统先生 | 
| [07:11] | – You just come out here for the day? – Yeah. | 你过来就待一天? 恩 | 
| [07:14] | Expensive. | 真是奢侈 | 
| [07:16] | – I got a frequent-flier thing. Hey, it’s me. | 我常坐飞机有优惠 嘿 是我 | 
| [07:20] | – I got clients who come out… | 我有客人过来一天的… | 
| [07:21] | …for the day just to get their hair cut. – I didn’t get a haircut. | …就为了理个发 我可没理发 | 
| [07:24] | No, l… l… I wasn’t talking to you. | 不 我…我…我不是在跟你说话 | 
| [07:28] | They go shopping. | 他们去购物 | 
| [07:29] | You know what, I’m on the phone. | 不好意思 我在打电话 | 
| [07:31] | – All right. – Tell me this novel you sent me… | 好吧 告诉我你给我的这么一大叠东西 | 
| [07:35] | …isn’t really my call sheet. | 不是我的通告单 | 
| [07:37] | It’s not. Two more pages came in since… | 不是 你的单子还有2页在我这里 | 
| [07:39] | …mostly congratulations. – They’re not congratulatory… | 大部分都是为了表示祝贺 他们不是想祝贺 | 
| [07:41] | …they’re predatory. They’re sniffing around for a job. | 他们都是掠夺者 四处窥视 想要份工作 | 
| [07:44] | It’s like I’ll say, “Oh, yeah, Jim Blier. | 就像是我说 “哦 Jim Blier | 
| [07:48] | He’d make a good director of intergovernmental affairs. “ | 他会是个很好的国际事务主任” | 
| [07:51] | On that subject, any thoughts as to my position in the Santos administration? | 对了 对我在Santo政府里的 职位有什么想法吗? | 
| [07:57] | Yeah, you’re on the short list for V.P. Set up a meeting… | 哦 你可是副总统的少数候选人之一 帮我约Lou | 
| [08:01] | …with Lou for when I get back. – Yeah. | 等我回来的时候跟他见面 好的 | 
| [08:05] | – They’re all mansions. – Fit for the incoming first family. | 这些都太大了 很适合未来的第一家庭 | 
| [08:08] | Kitchen’s bigger than my childhood house. ???? | 厨房都比我小时候的房子大 | 
| [08:10] | The bedrooms are lovely. | 卧室看起来很不错 | 
| [08:11] | I’m just not sure they’re all in the same time zones. | 对 只是不确定他们是不是在 一个时区内(意指房子实在太大) | 
| [08:15] | Here’s one. This looks smaller. | 看看这个 感觉小点 | 
| [08:16] | – It’s palatial. – If you don’t like these… | 真是富丽堂皇 如果你不喜欢这些 | 
| [08:19] | …there are half a dozen more. | 还有很多可供选择 | 
| [08:22] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 不好意思 夫人(意为第一夫人) | 
| [08:24] | – Did you just “ma’am” me? – I… I seem to have. | 你刚刚叫我夫人? 我…我应该这么叫 | 
| [08:27] | – Don’t do that again. – Hello? | 别再这样叫了 你好? | 
| [08:29] | – Hey. | – Hey. 嘿 嘿 | 
| [08:31] | – How you doing? – Okay. What did Sam say? | 你还好吗? 还好 Sam怎么说? | 
| [08:34] | – He’s thinking. – That’s good. | 他要想想 这很好 | 
| [08:37] | – Yeah, I guess. – You didn’t expect him to say yes… | 是 可能吧 你不可能期望他简简单单就答应 | 
| [08:39] | …just like that. – Kind of. | 有这么想过 | 
| [08:41] | – He’s got stuff to figure out. – What? It’s service to the president. | 他需要考虑很多方面的 什么? 这可是为总统服务 | 
| [08:45] | – What stacks up against that? – Not everyone’s like you, so… | 有什么能和这相比? 不是所有人都像你一样那么… | 
| [08:48] | – Dedicated? – Monomaniacal. | 具有献身精神? 偏执 | 
| [08:52] | Was there something else? | 还有别的事吗? | 
| [08:58] | There must have been something… | 肯定还有点什么事… | 
| [09:01] | Oh, yeah, are you gonna be around? | 哦 对了 你会在附近吗? | 
| [09:04] | – When? – You know, generally. | 什么时候? 你知道的 就平常那些时候 | 
| [09:07] | Yes. Generally, I’m gonna be around. | 是 一般我都会在附近 | 
| [09:10] | – At some point, we should probably… – Yeah. | 等找个时间 我们可能应该… 恩 | 
| [09:13] | …talk. – That would be good. | …谈谈 那很好 | 
| [09:15] | About, you know, at some point. | 关于 你知道的 找个时间… | 
| [09:17] | At some point would be good. | 好的 | 
| [09:19] | Okay, then. Okay. | 好吧 恩 好吧 | 
| [09:22] | – Have a good flight. – Yeah, you too. | 一路平安 恩 你也是 | 
| [09:25] | I mean, not… Not you too. | 我是说 不 你不需要 | 
| [09:28] | – Obviously… – Bye. | 很显然… 再见 | 
| [09:51] | He’s here now. | 他到了 | 
| [09:57] | – Mr. President-Elect. – C.J., everyone. | 总统当选人 C.J. 大家好 | 
| [10:00] | Secretary Hutchinson and Dr. McNally will catch you up… | Hutchinson部长 和McNally博士会向您汇报 | 
| [10:03] | …on the current situation in Kazakhstan. | 哈萨克斯坦现在的局势 | 
| [10:06] | We’re approaching full deployment, with 80,000 ground… | 我们已经部署了80000地面部队 | 
| [10:10] | …and 30,000 support personnel taking position in… | 还有30000名援军正在Astana 附近的缓冲地区原地待命 | 
| [10:13] | …a buffer zone around Astana, | |
| [10:16] | between the Russian and the Chinese forces. | 这是位于俄国和中国 军队之间的地区 | 
| [10:18] | The last of our troops are staging out of Manas Air Base in Kyrghizstan. | 剩下的部队则驻扎在位于 吉尔吉斯斯坦的Manas空军基地 | 
| [10:22] | As well as the 172nd Stryker Brigade. | 第172斯瑞克旅也是一样 | 
| [10:25] | C-130s are airlifting them to our forward base in Ayagoz. | C130s飞行部队负责将他们送到 位于Ayagoz的前线基地 | 
| [10:29] | M1 A2 Abrams tanks from the 1st Armored Division in Germany… | 身处德国的第1″勇敢”装甲师中的 M1A2重型主战坦克 被C5 Galaxies直接空运到Ayagoz | 
| [10:32] | …are being flown directly into Ayagoz by C-5 Galaxies. | |
| [10:36] | – Those only carry two tanks per sortie. – Flying 15 to 20 sorties per day. | 他们每次只能运送2驾坦克 每天运15到20回 | 
| [10:40] | – The no-fly zone? – Three hundred miles wide… | 禁飞区呢? 300英里宽 | 
| [10:43] | …twenty to 30 sorties per day. – F-16s and F-15s forward deployed… | 20至30次每天 F16s战斗机和F15s战斗机 | 
| [10:45] | …to Manas and Ayagoz. F-22As out of Langley. | 也派遣到Manas和Ayagoz F22As战斗机暂时按兵不动 | 
| [10:51] | – Air refueling, KC-135s? – Out of Incirlik Air Base, Turkey. | 空中加油呢? KC135s呢? 在Turkey的Incirlik空军基地外 | 
| [10:55] | – Situation on the ground? – Thus far, no incidents reported. | 地面形势呢? 目前为止 一切正常 | 
| [10:58] | Also, so far, no pullback of Russian and Chinese forces. | 同时 到目前为止中国和俄国 的军队没有要撤回的迹象 | 
| [11:01] | But they have stopped advancing. | 但他们已经停止向前移动 | 
| [11:04] | Then what? | 然后呢? | 
| [11:06] | That’s up to the Russians and the Chinese. | 这就取决于俄国和中国自己了 | 
| [11:10] | Well, I can’t say I care very much for that answer. | 我不能说我很喜欢那个答案 | 
| [11:14] | Our guys are supposed to sit there with targets on their backs and hope… | 难道我们的人就应该坐在那里 看着身后那个目标 | 
| [11:17] | …some trigger-happy Russian noncom who’s abused his vodka ration… | 然后希望那些个喝多了而且 开枪不动脑子的俄国大兵 | 
| [11:21] | …doesn’t get reckless or bored or just stir-crazy stupid… | 不要太过操劳 无聊或是蠢得要死 决定发动第三次世界大战 | 
| [11:25] | …and decide to start World War III? | |
| [11:29] | I have a problem with that. I have a problem with this entire adventure… | 我不同意这样 我也向总统先生说过 对于这场冒险活动我真的很难认同 | 
| [11:33] | …as I’ve already expressed to the president. | |
| [11:36] | Are the parties negotiating? | 他们准备谈判了吗? | 
| [11:38] | Our deployment is intended to drive them to the table. | 我们这些部署的目的 就是督促他们进行谈判 | 
| [11:40] | – But they’re not, at present. – Still posturing. | 但是他们没有 最起码现在没有 还在装模作样 故作姿态 | 
| [11:43] | Half a million troops is a hell of a posture. | 50万军队他妈的真够装模作样的 | 
| [11:47] | – Third-party contact? Anything? – Not at present. | 第三方介入? 任何事? 目前没有 | 
| [11:50] | – We would know. – We are paying… | 我们应该会知道 我们非常的小心谨慎 | 
| [11:51] | …somewhat careful attention. | |
| [11:55] | Thank you all for your time. | 谢谢各位 辛苦了 | 
| [12:06] | The NSA picked up the president-elect’s phone call with the Russian president. | 国家安全局截到了总统当选人 与俄国总统的电话 | 
| [12:10] | – We’re tapping his phone? – In the current crisis… | 我们还窃听他的电话? 在这种危急时刻 | 
| [12:13] | …the NSA is monitoring all contact with the Russian… | 国家安全局会监听所有打给 | 
| [12:16] | …and Chinese governments as a matter of course. | 俄国和中国政府的通话 以策万全 | 
| [12:18] | – And? – The Santos call contained… | 然后呢? Santos的电话讲的没有任何不妥 | 
| [12:20] | …nothing improper. | |
| [13:04] | Hi. | 你好 | 
| [13:06] | When I said we needed to talk, I wasn’t thinking about tonight. | 当我说我们需要谈谈 我并不是指今晚 | 
| [13:09] | – I’m kind of fried. – Who said anything about talking? | 我的头都快炸了 谁说今晚是用来说话的? | 
| [13:32] | Good morning, almost. | 早上好 | 
| [13:33] | On the education plan, do we hit full on, or do we step it out? | 对于教育方面 我们是全面接管还是放任自流? | 
| [13:37] | Start with teacher tenure. Get some traction… | 从教师的任期来说 在我们尝试延长 学期时间之前 我需要一点指引 | 
| [13:39] | …before we try extending the school year. | |
| [13:43] | These conservatives, they’re already laying for us. | 那些保守党们 他们已经开始怪我们 | 
| [13:45] | They’re comparing it to avoiding the word Christmas… | 他们将它和禁止使用包含 圣诞节(的寒假)相比 | 
| [13:47] | …which I don’t begin to understand. | 我实在是搞不懂 | 
| [13:50] | – How long have you been up? – Oh, you know… | 你起来多久了? 哦 你知道的 | 
| [13:54] | I don’t, actually, why I asked. | 我不知道 如果我知道还问什么 | 
| [13:58] | Couple of hours. | 几个小时吧 | 
| [14:01] | So last night was nice. | 昨晚真的很不错 | 
| [14:05] | Nice. It was… It was really nice. | 不错 真的…真的很不错 | 
| [14:08] | On the nice scale, it was way up there in terms of, you know, niceness. | 不仅仅是不错 简直可以说是完美 | 
| [14:13] | Be still and listen to me. | 集中注意 听我说 | 
| [14:17] | I don’t know what this is… | 我不知道这到底算什么 | 
| [14:20] | …and you don’t either, which is perfectly fine and understandable. | 如果你也不知道 都没问题而且也可以理解 | 
| [14:23] | It’s all happened amid absurdly heightened emotional circumstances: | 这都发生在不合情理的 高情绪波动的情况下 | 
| [14:28] | The election, Leo’s death, there’s been no moment… | 选举 还有Leo的死 我们没有时间去喘口气 更不用说来想清楚我们之间的事 | 
| [14:31] | …to so much as take a breath, much less figure any of this out. | |
| [14:35] | And now this roller coaster’s plunging into the transition… | 现在这个过渡时期就像个过山车 | 
| [14:38] | …with its time-pressure demands, then the inauguration… | 这么大的压力 然后是就职典礼 | 
| [14:41] | …and it’s hit the ground running, and before you know it… | 然后我们会不停的忙 不止不觉… | 
| [14:44] | …the midterms, the new Congress. Then we’re running again. | 到了中期 然后又是新的议会 然后我们还是停不下来 | 
| [14:47] | Four years becomes eight, and we’ve never had the talk. | 4年变8年 然后我们 永远也不会有机会谈谈了 | 
| [14:50] | Lose that look of panic. We won’t have it now. We don’t ever have to have it. | 别摆出这幅恐慌的表情 我们不需要 现在就搞清楚 我们不需要这么干 | 
| [14:55] | But there’s a window. | 但是要有一个期限 | 
| [14:58] | I’d say four weeks. If we can’t get it together in that time to figure out… | 就4个星期吧 如果在这段时间内 我们不能一起搞清楚 | 
| [15:03] | …what we want from each other, then clearly it’s not worth the trouble. | 我们到底想要什么 那么就没必要麻烦了 | 
| [15:07] | Meanwhile, last night was lovely. I already called a cab. | 同时 昨晚真的很不错 我已经叫了计程车 | 
| [15:11] | You should put on some coffee, and I’ll see you at the office. | 你应该喝点咖啡 我在办公室见你 | 
| [15:24] | Bye. | 再见 | 
| [15:32] | Did you like any of the houses? | 你喜欢这些房子吗? | 
| [15:34] | Yeah, they’re incredible. Seeing some more today. | 嗯 它们很不错 今天还会再看一些 | 
| [15:36] | I’m sure they’ll be incredible too, maybe even more incredible. | 我相信它们看起来也会很令人吃惊 甚至更加完美 | 
| [15:39] | The thing I find most incredible is this notion that this is what… | 最让人觉得吃惊的是这个提议 | 
| [15:43] | …the American people want and expect of us. | 看看美国人民对我们的希冀 | 
| [15:45] | – What? – To spend two and a half months… | 什么? 花上2个半月… | 
| [15:47] | …in a rich muckamuck’s loaner mansion. A place he can make available because… | 在一个大亨的公寓 他可以腾出这间公寓 | 
| [15:51] | …he has someplace just as or even more swell to decamp to… | 是因为当他赠予我们 这套房子的时候 | 
| [15:54] | …while he’s bestowing upon us this largess. | 他还有别的一样的 住所甚至比这个还大 | 
| [15:58] | – Not much of a populist message. – Not notably. | 感觉不到跟人民有什么关系 没有什么特别的 | 
| [16:02] | You’re right. I’ll have the staff look into alternatives. | 你是对的 我会让幕僚们 出出主意 | 
| [16:04] | “Staff”? | “幕僚”? | 
| [16:06] | If you prefer, my minions. | 如果你喜欢 叫宠臣也可以 | 
| [16:09] | This is gonna be weird. | 感觉真是怪异 | 
| [16:11] | Come on. As congressman, I had staff. As mayor. | 别这样 作为国会议员 作为市长 我都有幕僚 | 
| [16:14] | Very weird. | 奇怪非常 | 
| [16:20] | Donna ma’amed me. | Donna叫我”夫人” | 
| [16:22] | – First lady. – In waiting. | 第一夫人 现在还不是 | 
| [16:25] | It makes me sound like something out of “The Lady of Shalott.” | 听起来像是”The Lady of Shalott” (出自英国诗人的一首爱情诗) | 
| [16:29] | You get all the cool names. | 你的名字都很酷 | 
| [16:30] | – Mr. President. Commander in chief. – That one, that’s kind of hot. | 总统先生 三军统帅 这个 这个听起来很帅啊 | 
| [16:33] | – Yeah? – Got time for a little incursion? | 是吗? 有时间做点入侵行为吗? | 
| [16:36] | – No. – Not even for a surgical strike. | 没有 连做精准打击的时间都没有 | 
| [16:39] | I had in mind more of shock and awe. | 我对你可是满怀敬畏 | 
| [16:41] | Oh, yeah? After 15 years of marriage, I’d be shocked if you were awed. | 哦 是吗? 15年的婚姻 如果你对我敬畏才令人震惊 | 
| [16:51] | Did congressman find his glove? | 议员找到他的手套了吗? | 
| [16:53] | No. But the president-elect did. | 没 但是总统当选人找到了 | 
| [16:56] | – I did it again? – You did it again. | 我又喊错了? 是的 | 
| [16:59] | – Oh, God! – What? | 哦 天啊! 什么? | 
| [17:02] | I didn’t even know you were here. | 我都不知道你在这里 | 
| [17:03] | What time did you get in? | 你是什么时候来的? | 
| [17:06] | Six, 6: 15. | 6点 6:15. | 
| [17:09] | – Traveling threw me. I was an hour off. – Usually 7-ish? | 都是旅行搞的 我晚了一小时 那是7点? | 
| [17:11] | Five-ish. | 是5点 | 
| [17:13] | Get me a meeting with Graden. | 帮我约Graden见面 | 
| [17:22] | This doesn’t reflect well on your hopes for advancement. | 这东西并不能很好的表现 你希望升职的想法 | 
| [17:26] | Congressman Graden. | Graden国会议员 | 
| [17:27] | Ranking Democrat on Ways and Means, takes chairmanship in the new Congress. | 民主党的头号人物 新的国会主席 | 
| [17:31] | Any time’s good, as long as it’s 3:00 today. | 什么时候都可以 只要是今天3点 | 
| [17:36] | Goodwin’s coming over at 9. | Goodwin 9点过来 | 
| [17:38] | Do you like Babish for A.G.? | 你喜欢Babish做检察总长吗? | 
| [17:40] | He just decamped to Brayton-Connelly. | 他刚刚才退休到乡下去 | 
| [17:42] | To be attorney general, I think he’d come back. Thank you. | 是检察总长啊 我相信他会回来的 谢谢 | 
| [17:45] | He’s smart and tough. Could be a bumpy confirmation. | 他既聪明又强硬 要说服他恐怕很难 | 
| [17:49] | What, the MS, Toby Ziegler leak? | |
| [17:51] | Were both handled by the book, but if they wanna make noise… | 他们按规矩行事 但是如果他们想搞出点响动… | 
| [17:54] | Yeah, and they will, just for practice. | 嗯 他们会的 试试也好 | 
| [17:58] | But he gets confirmed, right? | 但是他会被说服 是吧? | 
| [18:00] | Yeah, more of a problem for Bartlet than for us. | 没错 Bartlet比我们的麻烦更多 | 
| [18:03] | Last licks. It would be nice to have an attorney general that didn’t hate us. | 不管怎么说 能有个不讨厌我们的 检察总长还是挺不错的 | 
| [18:03] | – How did you guys live with that? – Good question. | 不管怎么说 能有个不讨厌我们的 检察总长还是挺不错的 那你们是怎么面对的? 真是好问题 | 
| [18:10] | – Josh? – Yeah? | 恩? | 
| [18:12] | How’s the White House staffing going? | 白宫成员安排得怎么样? | 
| [18:14] | Set Crandall to head DPC. | Crandall做国内政策会员会的头 | 
| [18:17] | Courtesy call into Graden later to bless Vukovich for legislative liaison. | 出于礼貌邀请Graden做国会联络员 但还是希望Vukovich来当 | 
| [18:21] | How was the Kazakhstan briefing? | 关于哈萨克斯坦的简报怎么样? | 
| [18:24] | It’s a mess, and they’re depositing it on our doorstep. | 一团垃圾 而且他们还把它堆在我们门口 | 
| [18:28] | We can’t do anything about it until we take office. | 在我们接管政府之前 我们都管不了这摊子破事 | 
| [18:31] | Excuse me, sir. Josh, your meeting with C.J. | 不好意思 先生 Josh 你跟C.J.的会面准备好了 | 
| [18:34] | – Yeah. – Thanks, Josh. | 好的 谢谢 Josh | 
| [18:35] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 | 
| [18:38] | – Ronna? – Yes? | 是的? | 
| [18:39] | – Get Goodwin for me. – Yes, sir. | 让Goodwin来见我 是的 先生 | 
| [18:41] | There’s one other international call that I wanna return. | 我还想回另一个国际电话 | 
| [18:44] | – Of course, sir. – President Lian. | 当然 先生 Lian主席 | 
| [18:46] | China’s not one of the G8 countries. | 中国不是西方八国集团之一 | 
| [18:49] | I’m aware. | 这我知道 | 
| [18:50] | Right away, sir. | 马上 先生 | 
| [19:01] | We put out a directive that White House personnel… | 我们接到指示 现有的白宫成员要 尽力帮助Santos的队伍入主白宫 | 
| [19:04] | …be as helpful as possible to the incoming Santos team. | |
| [19:06] | – No desk drawers glued shut? – That was urban legend. | 不会把桌子抽屉用胶水粘上? 那只是个传说 | 
| [19:09] | First day, I needed a crowbar. | 第一天 我会需要一个铁橇 | 
| [19:11] | Well, none of that. | 呃 没那个必要 | 
| [19:12] | He would like to move his family into Blair House. | 总统当选人想让他的家人 先搬入布莱尔宫 (美国的国宾馆) | 
| [19:16] | I’ll have Margaret get right into it. | 我让Margaret马上着手去办 | 
| [19:17] | – I appreciate it. – See how much fun this’ll be? | 非常感谢 怎么样 感觉很有意思吧? | 
| [19:19] | Most of it will be pretty easy. Not like you don’t know your way around. | 大部分的事都很简单 该干什么你都知道 | 
| [19:23] | If any of your people wanna come hang out with their counterparts… | 如果你的人想和他们的搭档见个面 | 
| [19:26] | …I’m sure it can be worked out on an individual basis. | 这肯定是可以个别安排的 | 
| [19:29] | I’ll have Margaret designate a point person you can run requests through. | 我让Margaret专门安排个人 来管这方面的事 | 
| [19:36] | You’re rearranging the furniture in your head? | 你在想怎么把家具重排一下 是吧? | 
| [19:38] | No. You ever thought of putting the desk over there? | 不 你有想过把桌子放在那好吗? | 
| [19:42] | Come January 20th, you can have it moved daily… | 等到1月20号 你可以把它随便搬来搬去 | 
| [19:45] | …like alternate-side-of-the-street parking. The inauguration? | 就像选择在路的哪一边停车 就职典礼呢? | 
| [19:48] | We need more VIP tickets for the parade. | 我们需要更多阅兵式的VIP票 | 
| [19:51] | The president has lots of people to thank. | 总统想邀请很多人 | 
| [19:52] | New administration. We need to curry favor. | 新政府需要现建立好关系 | 
| [19:54] | – The future trumps the past. – We can give some of his… | 长江后浪推前浪 我们可以将他的一些票 | 
| [19:57] | …allotment to the president-elect. The key word being “some.” | 分给总统当选人 听好了是”一些” | 
| [20:00] | – Contingencies? – In case of snow… | 突然事件? 万一下雪 | 
| [20:02] | …the military task force will have plows, coats, hot beverages… | 部队会有铲雪机 大衣 热饮 | 
| [20:05] | – Toddies? Hot buttered rum? – Coffee and cocoa. | 棕榈酒? 热奶油兰姆? 咖啡和可可 | 
| [20:09] | – Call that a party? – Injuries, standard military… | 这也叫酒会? 若有伤员 护理人员会根据 | 
| [20:11] | …paramedic procedure, scoop and move. | 军用标准的规定 分开护理并带离现场 | 
| [20:12] | If one of the 389 horses should keel over, there will be a team of veterinarians… | 如果389匹马中有任何一匹 出现问题会有一队兽医 | 
| [20:17] | …and a forklift. – Forklift? | 和一架叉架起货机负责处理 叉架起货机? | 
| [20:19] | Which should be a lovely sight for the children. | 对孩子来说这会是不错的景观 | 
| [20:21] | The Supreme Court should wear makeup in case they have to go in. | 那最高法院是不是还应该戴好面具 以防要随时进法庭审案 | 
| [20:24] | A memo outlining everything will be on your desk by this afternoon. | 记有所有要点的备忘录最迟会在 今天下午递到你的办公室 | 
| [20:27] | And obviously, don’t hesitate, et cetera, et cetera. | 当然了 别犹犹豫豫 等等之类 | 
| [20:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [20:31] | So I’m trying to bring Sam back in. | 我正想尽办法让Sam回来 | 
| [20:35] | Getting together the old band. | 将旧人们都聚在一起 | 
| [20:37] | Goes without saying, any job you want. | 那是当然的 你如果愿意过来想做什么职务都行 | 
| [20:41] | – I’m dead serious. – Very kind. | 我很认真 你真是很好 | 
| [20:45] | – Should we talk about this? – I have no idea. No. | 我们应该谈谈这事吗? 我不知道… 不 还是不要了 | 
| [20:49] | – I’m not done asking. – I’m done answering, for the moment. | 我还没问完 我已经答完了 最起码现在是 | 
| [20:52] | I’ll have someone call Margaret about the Blair House thing. | 我会让人跟Margaret联系 说说布莱尔宫的事 | 
| [20:56] | Has your boss said anything to you about Kazakhstan? | 老大说了任何关于 哈萨克斯坦的事吗? | 
| [20:58] | He’s not crazy about what you guys are doing. | 他可不是很喜欢你们在做的事 | 
| [21:01] | I assume you know that the president expects the president-elect… | 我想你知道总统想让总统当选人 | 
| [21:04] | …to keep his reservations about this policy to himself during the transition. | 在过渡期保留他对政策的意见 | 
| [21:09] | Goes without saying. | 那是当然 | 
| [21:14] | To comment on any V.P. Name would be speculating about speculation. | 有关副总统的事 会一再考虑的 | 
| [21:18] | I guess if you’re gonna get me to do that… | 我想如果你要让我作那个 | 
| [21:20] | I promise to tell you just as soon as we decide to tell you. | 我保证一旦我们决定可以说了 我就马上告诉你 | 
| [21:24] | Excuse me, I have someone else to equally exasperate on the other line. | 不好意思 另一条线还有跟你一样 生气的电话等着我接 | 
| [21:27] | Thanks. Hello? | 谢谢 喂 你好? | 
| [21:29] | Yes, sir, of course. | 好的 我马上到 | 
| [21:36] | Come in, Donna. | Donna 进来 | 
| [21:40] | Mr. President-Elect. | 总统当选人先生 | 
| [21:42] | – Josh seem all right to you? – A little tired. | 你觉得Josh看起来怎样? 他挺累的 | 
| [21:46] | – Well, he looks like a zombie. – He may be going through… | 他看上去像个丢了魂的呆子一样 他可能在经受 | 
| [21:50] | …an undead phase. – You’ve seen him like this before? | 起死回生的时期 那你以前见过他这样喽? | 
| [21:52] | Hard to say. He can get pretty tunnel-visioned. | 不好说 他有时候是比较难以捉摸 | 
| [21:56] | I think he needs to power down a little. | 我觉得他应该休息一下 | 
| [21:58] | Is he seeing anybody? Is he having any fun? | 他现在有交往对象吗? 他生活过得有意思吗? | 
| [22:02] | – Sir? – It’s weird to ask. | 先生? 这么问是很奇怪 | 
| [22:05] | No, no. I have no idea. | 不 没关系 其实我也不知道 | 
| [22:08] | – I’m just worried about him. – It’s just him, truly. | 我只是担心他 他就是这个样 真的 | 
| [22:11] | He’s just amped up to a particular peak of Josh-ness. | 他可能最近刚好在发挥 他独特个性的顶点 | 
| [22:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [22:21] | – Don’t tell him I asked. – Of course not, sir. | 别告诉他我问他了 当然不会的 先生 | 
| [22:31] | – Mr. President. – Do you know… | 总统先生 你可知道… | 
| [22:32] | …we have as many diplomats in Germany, population 80 million… | 我们在人口8000万的德国 | 
| [22:35] | …as we do in India, population of over 1 billion? | 和在人口10亿多的印度 的外交官一样多吗? | 
| [22:39] | Does that sound like a sensible allocation of diplomatic assets… | 这看上去像是我们在21世纪 | 
| [22:42] | …for the 21st century? – It does not. | 对外交资源明智的安排吗? 不是 | 
| [22:45] | Sir, we have a problem. | 先生 我们有个麻烦 | 
| [22:46] | NSA monitors picked up a phone conversation… | 国家安全局监听了一通电话 | 
| [22:49] | …between President-Elect Santos and Chinese president, Lian. | 是总统当选人打给中国主席Lian的 | 
| [22:53] | – Yeah? – Sir, you’re not gonna like what he said. | 是吗? 先生 你不会喜欢他说的 | 
| [23:17] | Bartlet’s NEC directors worked with a guy who had a Nobel Prize in Economics… | Bartlet的NEC理事曾跟 一个诺贝尔经济奖得主共事过 | 
| [23:21] | …so it’s a bit of a challenge. – So I’ve heard. | 是个挑战 我听说了 | 
| [23:23] | The president-elect won’t always agree with what he’s told… | 总统当选人不会 总是同意他所听到的 | 
| [23:26] | …but it won’t devolve into a lecture… | 但是不会变成一个40分钟演讲 | 
| [23:28] | …on the post-Keynesian, macroeconomic reasons why you’re wrong. | 用凯恩斯理论的 整体经济原因来说明你是错的 | 
| [23:32] | Everyone says the same thing starting out: | 每个人都这样开始讲: | 
| [23:34] | “We’re gonna play error-free ball.” | “我们要开始一场不出错的比赛” | 
| [23:36] | But then the unforeseen happens. It’s unavoidable. | 然后无法预料的事发生 这是无可避免的 | 
| [23:39] | What matters then is how good an audible you call. | 随后重要的就是看你的决定怎么样 | 
| [23:42] | The difference between a successful presidency and a historical footnote… | 成功和失败总统的区别 | 
| [23:46] | …is how well you roll with the punches… | 是你躲避击打的技巧 | 
| [23:49] | …just to complete my tour of sports metaphors. | 先把我这个比赛的比喻讲完… | 
| [23:51] | C.J. Cregg’s on the line. | C.J. Cregg的电话 | 
| [23:52] | Thank you for coming in, Howard. We’ll let you know. | Howard 谢谢你过来 我们会通知你的 | 
| [24:00] | You let them talk too, right? | 你也让他们讲话的 是吗? | 
| [24:02] | Sassing your potential benefactor… | 跟你未来的恩人顶嘴 | 
| [24:04] | …that’s an unconventional advancement technique. | 这可是个新颖的想升职的方法 | 
| [24:08] | Line three. | 3号线 | 
| [24:16] | – What’s up? – Could you come right over, please? | 什么事? 你能马上过来吗? | 
| [24:18] | – I was just there. – And now I’m asking you to come back. | 我刚到你那去过 现在我需要你再过来 | 
| [24:21] | – Can I ask why? – It’s about my asking and you complying. | 能告诉我为什么吗? 这是我要求 你要照做的问题 | 
| [24:24] | Don’t say you’re busy. I’ll go phone sheet for phone sheet. | 别说你走不开 我有你的电话记录 | 
| [24:27] | In that case, can we do it over the phone? | 那样的话 我们可以在电话上讲吗? | 
| [24:29] | It’s five minutes, make it. I’ll time you. | 只需要5分钟就好 赶快过来 我计时看你多久过来 | 
| [24:35] | – Hey. – Hey, yourself. | 嘿 嘿 你好 | 
| [24:37] | C.J.’s got a bug up about something. Can you wait? | C.J. 现在有些事要烦我 你能等一下吗? | 
| [24:40] | – Yeah, I’m okay to hang. – Okay, shouldn’t take long. | 行 我可以等着 好 应该不会太久 | 
| [24:45] | – Donna. Thanks for coming over. – Of course. | Donna 谢谢你过来 没什么 | 
| [24:48] | – Can I get you something? – No, thank you, ma’am. | 给你拿点东西喝吗? 不用了 谢谢你 夫人 | 
| [24:50] | I thought we talked about that. | 我们不是说了吗 先别叫夫人 | 
| [24:52] | Due respect, you may have to get used to it. | 这是出于尊敬 你应该学着适应这个称呼 | 
| [24:54] | Comes with the territory. | 这个称呼是国家附送的 | 
| [24:56] | So I understand that I need a chief of staff. | 我了解到我需要一个参谋长 | 
| [24:59] | To do what? I am not sure. | 不过他的工作内容我不清楚 | 
| [25:02] | Again, that gets into the kind of first lady you intend to be. | 那是为了帮助你成为 一个你想做的那种第一夫人 | 
| [25:05] | Please, go on. | 继续说 | 
| [25:08] | Well, there’s the activist model, with your own policy agenda and objectives… | 嗯 有行动主义典范 你有自己的议程和目标 | 
| [25:13] | …in concert with the president’s wishes… | 而且跟总统的意愿一致 | 
| [25:16] | …but not dependent upon his staff for pursuit or implementation. | 但是不依靠他的职员跟进和执行 | 
| [25:19] | – A separate power base, if you will. – Or? | 可以算是一个单独的权威 或者? | 
| [25:22] | A more traditional, chiefly ceremonial presence. | 更传统的 主要的是出现在仪式上 | 
| [25:25] | Representing the country as a hostess… | 作为美国的女主人形象 | 
| [25:27] | …goodwill ambassador, without any particular policy focus. | 善意的大使 不参与政事 | 
| [25:30] | – And those are my choices? – The extremes. | 这两个是要我来选择吗? 着是说两个极端 | 
| [25:32] | Without presuming to speak for you, I imagine you charting a middle course. | 不是替你拿主意 但我觉得你会选一个折中的方案 | 
| [25:36] | Well, I would like you to help with that. | 对 我希望你能帮我做 | 
| [25:38] | I’d be happy to be a sounding board, of course, anytime. | 我很愿意给你需要的信息 当然了 什么时候都可以找我 | 
| [25:41] | – Well, I actually want you to help do it. – Sorry? | 我其实是希望你帮我做这些事 我没听懂 | 
| [25:45] | Well, I need someone, and you know the terrain. | 我需要一个人 你正好什么都懂 | 
| [25:48] | You’re asking me? | 你请我做那个工作? | 
| [25:49] | Well, apparently, not very clearly. | 嗯 很显然我一开始没说清楚 | 
| [25:52] | To be your chief of staff? | 让我做你的参谋长? | 
| [25:53] | I think you are extremely capable. I feel that we have a rapport. | 我觉得你完全可以胜任 我感觉我们很合得来 | 
| [25:57] | I’m flattered, of course… | 你真是过奖了… | 
| [26:00] | …but I’m not sure I have the requisite experience. | 但我不知道我有没有必须的经验 | 
| [26:02] | I’ve watched you these past months. My husband sings your praises. | 我这几个月来一直在注意你 我丈夫特别赞赏你 | 
| [26:06] | – That’s very nice. – He’s gonna be PO’ed, in fact… | 是吗 事实上他会不愿意 | 
| [26:08] | …that I’m stealing you, just to sweeten the deal. | 因为我把你挖过来 | 
| [26:12] | Please, just think about it. | 请考虑一下 | 
| [26:15] | And just wanted to stake my claim, I guess. | 诚心的邀请你 | 
| [26:18] | Thank you for considering me. | 谢谢你这么看重我 | 
| [26:24] | Did we or did we not have a discussion only hours ago… | 我们刚才有没有讨论过 | 
| [26:26] | …about how to comport yourselves… | 对哈萨克斯坦的国际安全问题 | 
| [26:28] | …regarding the international security situation in Kazakhstan? | 你们应该怎么样一致起来? | 
| [26:31] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 | 
| [26:34] | The NSA reported he placed a call to China… | 国家安全局告诉我们 他给中国打了个电话 | 
| [26:36] | …in which he made it clear to President Lian… | 在电话中他对Lian主席讲明了 | 
| [26:38] | …he has qualms about this intervention. – Back up. The NSA is bugging our calls? | 他对这次武装干涉有疑虑 等一下 安全局监听了我们的电话? | 
| [26:43] | Did you not sing an aria this morning… | 你今早有没有说 | 
| [26:46] | …about how the president wants a hearts-and-flowers transition? | 总统想要一个温暖和谐的过渡期? | 
| [26:49] | Wiretapping is an odd way of showing love. | 为表现爱心 监听电话是个比较奇怪的方法 | 
| [26:51] | Don’t overdramatize. The NSA monitors all communication with those governments. | 别那么夸张 国家安全局监视 对中国和俄罗斯政府间的所有通信 | 
| [26:55] | We’re this far from being in a state of war with them. | 我们跟他们目前是在战争警戒状态 | 
| [26:58] | You need to talk to the congressman about mixed messages… | 你需要跟那个议员谈谈 他给的矛盾的信息 | 
| [27:01] | …or the president will. – It’s not congressman. | 不然总统会亲自做 他不是议员 | 
| [27:04] | – It’s president-elect. – Fine. Have him start behaving like it. | 他是总统当选人 好吧 那让他做的像那么回事吧 | 
| [27:10] | – Mr. Lyman for you. – Thank you. | Lyman先生的电话 谢谢 | 
| [27:13] | Twenty-four whole hours. Way to give me some space. | 才过了24个小时 你得给我点空间 | 
| [27:16] | It’s been 28. A little credit. | 是28个小时 有点信用 | 
| [27:19] | You can ‘t count the different time zones. | 你时区都不会算 | 
| [27:21] | Whatever, it’s transition. These are like dog hours. | 管它呢 这是过渡期 我跟狗的时间一样 | 
| [27:23] | A day is like one of your human weeks. | 我的一天就像人类一星期那么长 | 
| [27:25] | That’s quite a selling point. | 你这招真管用 | 
| [27:27] | I’ve been thinking. So you’re engaged… | 我在想 你虽然订婚了 | 
| [27:31] | – … people do this and have marriages. – Yeah? Who? | 做这个工作的人也有婚姻 是吗? 谁? | 
| [27:34] | You know, theoretically. | 你知道的 理论上来说 | 
| [27:36] | – She’s an attorney, right? – Yeah. | 她是个律师 对吧? 是的 | 
| [27:38] | Gee, I wonder if she’ll be able to find gainful employment… | 我在想她是不是能找到有用的职位 | 
| [27:41] | … in the lawyer capital of the known universe. | 在全宇宙都知道的律师首都 | 
| [27:45] | She’d have to take the bar again. Would you? | 那样她需要再参加一边律师考试 换作你 你会吗? | 
| [27:47] | I assume there are a number of things she’d do for you that I’d balk at. | 我觉得有好多我害怕做的事 她却肯愿意为你牺牲 | 
| [27:55] | – She doesn’t hate the idea. – I’ll see you tomorrow. | 她并没有反对 我们明天见 | 
| [27:58] | – I need to think it over. – Think it over on the plane… | 我自己还需要考虑清楚呢 在飞机上考虑吧 | 
| [28:01] | …not that I’m begging. – I don’t think you’re begging. | 不是我求你 我也没觉得你在求我 | 
| [28:04] | Would that work? I can do begging. Humiliation is not beneath me. | 求你管用吗? 我可以求你的 我不知羞耻的 | 
| [28:09] | Just get on a plane! Nothing’s irrevocable. | 先坐飞机过来 没有什么是不能取消的 | 
| [28:11] | If you hate it, they have return flights. Don ‘t make me wait. | 如果你不想做的话 有返程飞机的 不要让我等 | 
| [28:14] | They’ll find me in a fetal position, sucking my thumb. | 他们会发现我还在婴儿时期 吮拇指 | 
| [28:17] | I think we’ve moved into begging. | 好 我觉得你已经开始乞求我了 | 
| [28:19] | I have no threshold of embarrassment here. | 我跟你说了 我对你可以毫不尴尬地乞求 | 
| [28:21] | I will abase myself until you submit. | 你顺从之前 我会一直贬低我自己 | 
| [28:23] | – She passed the bar once, right? – Goodbye. | 她以前通过律师考试了 是吗? 再见 | 
| [28:30] | Sorry, one more. | 不好意思 还有一个 | 
| [28:32] | Could you…? | 你能帮我…? | 
| [28:36] | Sir, Josh to see you. | 先生 Josh可以见你了 | 
| [28:39] | Just to… Just to… You know. | 就这一个… 就这一个了… 知道吧 | 
| [28:55] | What did you say to the Chinese about Kazakhstan? | 关于哈萨克斯坦 你跟中国怎么说的? | 
| [29:00] | And more importantly, why aren’t you and I… | 更重要的是 为什么我们之前不 | 
| [29:03] | …discussing it first? | 先商量一下? | 
| [29:06] | I need to say “Mother, may l” before talking to leaders? | 我跟领导人说话前 还需要先问 “妈妈 可以吗?” | 
| [29:08] | If you undercut the sitting president when we’re practically in a state of war. | 如果我们在战争警戒状态下 你把总统给卖了 | 
| [29:11] | ?????????????? | 可能先讨论一下比较好 | 
| [29:13] | I have serious objections to this military action. | 我对这次军事行动有很大的异议 | 
| [29:17] | It’s ill-conceived and ill-defined. | 这次行动设想和实践都有错误 | 
| [29:18] | This isn’t the U.N. Putting peacekeepers on the ground… | 这并不是联合国派遣维和部队 | 
| [29:22] | …to keep African tribesmen from hacking each other with machetes. | 为避免非洲部落之间 用弯刀砍来砍去 | 
| [29:25] | It’s placing U.S. Soldiers smack in the middle of a no-man’s land… | 是让美国士兵在两个现代化军队 之间打击一个谁都不属于的地方 | 
| [29:29] | …between two modern armies, hoping they both blink. | 然后希望那两只军队都没看到 | 
| [29:32] | Employing American fighting men and women… | 把美国作战的士兵 | 
| [29:34] | …as the equivalent to a tethered goat. | 当作被拴上的羊 | 
| [29:36] | You didn’t say this to the Chinese. | 你不要告诉我你跟中国这么说的 | 
| [29:38] | I made it clear I had concerns. | 我跟他们说我有顾虑 | 
| [29:40] | What I wanted to say was that… | 我本来想说的是 | 
| [29:42] | …in addition to this making no tactical military sense… | 且不说这次行动 在军事战术上没有任何意义 | 
| [29:45] | …it is a complete strategic blunder geopolitically. | 政治地理上来说 也是一个战术上的完全失误 | 
| [29:48] | It’s a potential reversion to a state of hostility… | 这可能会使有 世界第二大军事力量的俄罗斯 | 
| [29:51] | …with the second largest energy producer, Russia… | 对我们开始变为敌意 | 
| [29:54] | …and the risk of damage to relations between the U.S. And China… | 还有破坏中美之间关系的危险 | 
| [29:57] | …a relationship that is going to define the 21st century. | 而这个关系会定义出整个21世纪 | 
| [30:01] | – We’re stuck with this. – It’s not about… | 我们陷入困境了 这不光是关于… | 
| [30:03] | …opposing it philosophically. It isn’t working. | 哲学上的反对 这根本不奏效 | 
| [30:06] | It’s a high-stakes game of chicken… | 这是个为把两个党派 | 
| [30:07] | …to bring both parties to the table. It hasn’t done it. | 放到桌面上谈的高级游戏 现在还没发生 | 
| [30:11] | You can deal with this the day you take office. | 你可以等你就任之后再处理 | 
| [30:13] | Which makes this an impossible situation. | 这就让情况变的不可能 | 
| [30:15] | I’m going to be president in two months. | 我两个月后就会当总统 | 
| [30:17] | Everybody in the world knows it. | 地球人都知道 | 
| [30:19] | And I’m supposed to sit back and shrug… | 当现今政府把这个国家 | 
| [30:21] | …while this administration commits this country to a military situation… | 弄的军事紧张 而我应该就在这坐着耸肩 | 
| [30:25] | …it admits it has no exit strategy for. | 而且得承认 我们没有退出策略 | 
| [30:30] | – It’s gonna be my problem. – Our problem, yes, sir. | 这将是我的问题 我们的问题 先生 | 
| [30:32] | No, mine. | 不是 我个人的 | 
| [30:35] | I’ll be the guy whose presidency never got off the ground… | 我将会是历史书上记录的 那个总统职位从未实行的那个人 | 
| [30:38] | …because he inherited his predecessor’s 11th hour misadventure in Central Asia. | 因为他继承了前任的在中亚 第11小时的运气不佳的遭遇 | 
| [30:42] | You can address that at 12:01 p.m. On January 20th. | 你可以在1月20号 12点01分演说你的话 | 
| [30:46] | – Well, that’ll be too late. – We have… You have no choice, sir. | 那就太晚了 我们… 你没有选择 先生 | 
| [30:50] | Anything else will be spun as lack of support for our troops. | 其他任何事都会被想象成 不支持我们的军队 | 
| [30:53] | And there goes all backing for anything we want to accomplish… | 然后所有对我们的支持 | 
| [30:56] | …Democratic House or not. | 不管是不是民主议院 | 
| [30:58] | For now, we line up behind the president, sir. | 目前来说 我们要跟总统一致 | 
| [31:03] | How does anyone know what I said to the Chinese anyway? | 不过 怎么会有人知道 我跟中国政府说了什么? | 
| [31:06] | The NSA is eavesdropping on all calls to Russia or China. | 国家安全局在偷听所有 打给中国和俄罗斯的电话 | 
| [31:11] | I want to meet with the president. | 我要去见总统 | 
| [31:13] | – Everybody’s calls, sir, not just ours. – I want that meeting. | 所有人的电话 不光是我们的 我需要跟总统见面 | 
| [31:18] | Set it up. | 帮我安排 | 
| [31:27] | Call C.J. Cregg’s office. | 给C.J. Cregg的办公室打电话 | 
| [31:28] | See when the president might have time for the president-elect. Sorry. | 看看总统什么时候 可以见总统候选人 不好意思 | 
| [31:32] | – Okay, I’m sorry about that. – Rough day? | 好吧 刚才不好意思 很忙吧? | 
| [31:36] | – Typical. – You love it. You live for it. | 典型的 你喜欢 你为这个而活 | 
| [31:39] | You were born to do it. I’m the same. | 你生来就是为这行的 我也是一样 | 
| [31:40] | Everybody tells me to get a life. Why? | 大家都让我去找个自己的生活 为什么呢? | 
| [31:42] | I find life to be terribly overrated. | 我发现对生活期望太高了 | 
| [31:44] | It’s boring when it’s not disappointing. | 当生活没有失望 会挺无聊的 | 
| [31:46] | Say what you will about what we do, boring it is not. | 说你会怎样做工作 无聊可不算 | 
| [31:49] | You can parlay this Santos win into a doubling of your fee. | 我知道你可以成功地利用 Santos来拿两倍的酬金 | 
| [31:52] | – Tripling, if it figures into your memoirs. – Nothing is gonna top this. | 3倍的 如果你能记住的话 什么也不如这个重要 | 
| [31:56] | – Everything else will be a letdown. – Letdowns make me semi-rich… | 所有其他的都会带来失望 失望会给我财富 | 
| [31:59] | …a tradeoff I’ll endure. – You don’t care about money. | 权衡这个我会忍受 你不关心钱的事 | 
| [32:02] | – Who doesn’t? – You. | 谁会不关心呢? 你 | 
| [32:04] | – Not as such. – As what? | 不是这样 哪样? | 
| [32:06] | Score-keeping. Quantitative evidence that I’m smarter than you. Not you. | 计分 大量事实证明我比你们聪明 不是说你 | 
| [32:11] | – Who? – Everybody else. | 说谁? 其他所有人 | 
| [32:12] | – Come on as communications director. – Thank you, but no. | 来做通信主管 谢谢你 但是不要 | 
| [32:16] | – Finish what you started. – I’m not interested. | 做完你开始的工作 我没有兴趣 | 
| [32:18] | Campaigning’s about promise. Governing’s about achievement. | 竞选是关于许诺 管理是关于成就 | 
| [32:22] | It’s tougher and a lot less romantic, but it’s not boring. | 是更难而且更不通人情 但是并不无聊 | 
| [32:25] | You’re smarter than everyone. I want you down the hall. | 你比别人都聪明 所以我想让你来工作 | 
| [32:28] | – Come on, it’s not like getting a life. – That’s true, look at you. | 怎么 这有不是让你过日子 那很对 看看你自己 | 
| [32:33] | We’d have to distill the democratic message from what we ran on… | 我们得提取民主的信息 | 
| [32:37] | …customize and prioritize it for the first 100 days… | 花100天定制和优先化 | 
| [32:40] | …not allow the Republicans to mischaracterize and demonize us… | 不让共和党人用 数据消减来扭曲和丑化我们 | 
| [32:43] | …as values-impaired… | |
| [33:01] | – I may have forgotten about the hours. – You’re here. | 我可能忘了时间 你来了 | 
| [33:04] | – It would seem. – Outstanding. | 看起来是 太棒了 | 
| [33:07] | There you go. | 给你 | 
| [33:08] | Hey, stop. | 嘿 停下 | 
| [33:10] | Your sentimentality is embarrassing us both. | 你的多愁善感让我们为难 | 
| [33:13] | When was the last time you took a vacation? | 你上次的假期时什么时候? | 
| [33:17] | Vacation? Time off from labor? | 假期? 不工作的日子? | 
| [33:20] | Thought to be restorative, salubrious for body and soul? | 被认为有助于复元 对身体和心灵有帮助的? | 
| [33:23] | Not to mention, mental health. | 还有 精神健康 | 
| [33:24] | – I don’t remember. – If I’m your boss… | 我不记得了 如果我是你上司 | 
| [33:26] | …that’s really the wrong answer. | 那真是个错误的答案 | 
| [33:29] | Neuroscientists have found… | 神经学家发现 | 
| [33:30] | …that when politically committed people listen to political statements… | 做政治工作的人听政治陈述时 | 
| [33:34] | …they respond with the emotional side of their brain. | 他们用大脑的情绪那部分来回应 | 
| [33:36] | The area of the cortex where reasoning occurs is quiet. | 大脑理性的那一面是静止的 | 
| [33:39] | So those people screaming on cable really can’t help it? | 所以那些电视上互相喊叫的人 他们自己没法控制了? | 
| [33:43] | And guys like you and me are quantifiably nuts… | 而你我这样的是区区可数的笨蛋 | 
| [33:46] | …and could benefit from the occasional break. | 有时去度假有好处的 | 
| [33:48] | You people don’t take office for another 10 weeks. | 你们10个星期内不会接管政府 | 
| [33:50] | I think you could afford to spend one of them lying on a beach somewhere. | 我认为你可以拿里面的1个星期 去哪个海滩躺一躺 | 
| [33:54] | Yeah? Yeah. | 喂? 好 | 
| [33:56] | I got a thing. I’ve starred which are meetings… | 我先有事 打星号的是有会议的 | 
| [33:59] | …I’ve x’d out which are blowoffs. | 打X号的是取消了的 | 
| [34:01] | – I haven’t officially said I’m in. – Yeah. No, absolutely. | 我还没正式说我要工作呢 知道 你还没说呢 | 
| [34:03] | Ladies and gentlemen, Sam Seaborn, our new deputy chief of staff. | 女士们先生们 这是Sam Seaborn 新来的副参谋长 | 
| [34:10] | Knock them dead, tiger. | 去 迷死他们吧 | 
| [34:16] | You look terrible. | 你看起来很糟糕 | 
| [34:17] | You know, I never get tired of hearing that. | 你知道的 我从来没听烦这句话. | 
| [34:20] | Mrs. Santos asked me to be her chief of staff. | Santos夫人让我去当她的参谋长 | 
| [34:23] | Wow, that’s great. | 哇 那太好了 | 
| [34:27] | I’m to think it over. | 我得仔细考虑一下 | 
| [34:29] | I wanted to talk to you. I was thinking deputy press secretary. | 我本来想找你 想让你当副新闻秘书 | 
| [34:32] | Lou’s gonna be communications director… | Lou要做通信主管 | 
| [34:34] | …so it would be an extension of what we had on the campaign. | 是我们竞选的补充力量 | 
| [34:38] | One thing I know for sure is I can’t work for you. | 我确定知道的是 我不能跟你工作 | 
| [34:41] | If something’s happening with us, it won’t work. | 如果我们之间有什么的话 那样行不通的 | 
| [34:43] | And if something isn’t, well, that won’t work so good either. | 如果我们之间什么都没有 那 也不太好 | 
| [34:47] | Yeah, about that… | 对 关于那件事… | 
| [34:50] | Things are insane. | 事情太多了 | 
| [34:51] | There’s no way I’ll be able to get a handle on what’s going on with us… | 我不可能在你说的时间内 | 
| [34:54] | …in the time frame you laid out. | 清楚考虑出我们之间的关系 | 
| [34:57] | Three weeks, six days to go. We’ll see. | 还有3个星期零6天 到时候我们看看怎么样吧 | 
| [35:01] | I… I gotta… | 我… 我得去… | 
| [35:26] | Otto! | |
| [35:29] | – There’s an intercom. – If I wanted to, I’d use it. | 有对讲机的 是 如果我想用它我会用的 | 
| [35:33] | – I can’t find my BlackBerry. – I’ve got it. | 我找不到我的电子记事本了 在我那儿 | 
| [35:36] | – What? – I’m updating it. | 什么? 我正在给那个更新 | 
| [35:37] | I’ve been looking for it for an hour! | 我找它找了1个小时了 | 
| [35:40] | – I took it 10 minutes ago. – Were you planning to tell me? | 我10分钟之前才拿走的 你本来准备告诉我吗? | 
| [35:42] | – You handed it to me. – Why would you think it would be okay? | 你递给我的 是什么让你认为 我可以这样跟外界失去联络? | 
| [35:44] | – I figured you had your office e-mail. – Don’t figure. Don’t use initiative. | 我以为你可以用你的办公电邮 不要以为 不要太主动 | 
| [35:50] | It’s an overrated quality when it comes to assistant work. | 对助理工作来说 那些是很不必要的 | 
| [35:53] | – I don’t want to be an assistant. – Know how to not be an assistant? | 我不想做助理 你想知道怎样才能不做助理吗? | 
| [35:56] | By doing it great. | 要做得很好才行 | 
| [35:58] | Not by leaving your boss electronically stranded for what feels like an hour! | 而不是让你上司束手无策 让他感觉10分钟像1小时一样 | 
| [36:02] | This isn’t a campaign. | 这不是竞选 | 
| [36:04] | This isn’t airplanes and hotels and, “Guess where I am now, Ma?” | 这不是飞机或者旅馆 “猜猜我在哪 妈妈?” | 
| [36:08] | This is grind-it-out time! | 现在是用功工作的时候 | 
| [36:10] | It’s three yards and a cloud of dust. If you can’t hack what I need from you now… | 现在是关键时刻 如果你达不到我需要的标准 | 
| [36:15] | …you won’t be asked to do anything more. | 我以后也不会让你做事了 | 
| [36:17] | Get the BlackBerry now. | 把我电子记事本拿过来 | 
| [36:18] | Go. | 快去 | 
| [36:36] | I got it. | 我来吧 | 
| [36:46] | Otto give you that? What, you scared to face me, you little… | Otto给你这个? 怎么 你害怕面对我 你个小… | 
| [36:49] | Josh. | |
| [36:51] | – I need that. – In a minute. | 我需要那个 过会给你 | 
| [37:00] | I didn’t come because you’re a silver-tongued recruiter… | 我来这并不是因为 你招募人的口才有多好 | 
| [37:03] | …or because I got tired of summer in January. | 也不是因为我受够了在1月过夏天 | 
| [37:08] | Santos may be the future this country wants. | Santos可能是这个国家希望的未来 | 
| [37:11] | For all the partisan noises made, we’re a nation of centrists. | 不管那些游击队员的噪音 我们是中立派的国家 | 
| [37:14] | He may be the right man with the right message at the right time… | 他可能就是那个在对的时间出现的 带这对的信息 的那个对的人 | 
| [37:17] | …and if he is… | 如果他真的是的话 | 
| [37:20] | …I wanna be a part of it. | 我希望也在那里 | 
| [37:23] | But he can’t do it without you. | 但是如果没有你 他自己应付不了 | 
| [37:25] | Liberal Democrats will try to force him left. | 自由主义的民主党人会把他逼走 | 
| [37:27] | Moderate Republicans will fence-sit as long as they can. | 一般的共和党人会一直旁观 | 
| [37:30] | It’s you who’s gotta make this go… | 你是那个能解决这些的人 | 
| [37:32] | …who’s gonna cut through the demagoguery and timidity… | 你也是那个刺穿谣言和胆怯 | 
| [37:35] | …and make people do what they were sent here to do, actually govern. | 让人做他们这里的本职工作 | 
| [37:38] | Serve the voter’s interests… | 为投票者着想 | 
| [37:40] | …instead of striking poses and playing gotcha. | 而不是摆摆姿态 听听命令 | 
| [37:44] | It’s gonna be next to impossible if you’re at your best… | 你这样不可能是最好状态 | 
| [37:47] | …and, what may only be news to you, you are nowhere near your best. | 而且 只有你可能还不知道 这跟你的最好状态差的太远了 | 
| [37:52] | Take the vacation. | 去度假 | 
| [37:55] | I haven’t said I’m signing on, but I can tell you this… | 我还没说我要这个工作 但是我可以告诉你 | 
| [37:58] | …I won’t stay unless you go. | 我不会留在这 除非你去 | 
| [38:02] | One of us is getting on a plane tonight. | 我们中的一个今晚会上飞机 | 
| [38:04] | If it’s you, you’re back in a week. | 如果那个人是你 一星期后会回来 | 
| [38:06] | If it’s me, I’m gone, adios, for good. | 如果那个人是我 就不会回来了 | 
| [38:12] | Your call. | 你做决定吧 | 
| [38:22] | Exciting time for you. | 对你来说激动人心的时期 | 
| [38:24] | Very much so. | 差不多是这样 | 
| [38:26] | I always forget how tall you are. | 我每次都忘记你有这么高 | 
| [38:29] | – Did you play sports at Annapolis? – Football. | 你以前在Annapolis有参加比赛吗? 橄榄球 | 
| [38:32] | – Till I messed up my knee. – What position? | 知道我把膝盖弄坏了 你打什么位置? | 
| [38:35] | Wideout. Not great speed, but pretty good hands. | 外野手 速度没有很快 但是手上技巧很好 | 
| [38:38] | My sister thinks that you are very attractive. | 我妹妹觉得你很有魅力 | 
| [38:41] | She doesn’t have a sister. Good morning, Matt. Come on in. | 她没有妹妹 早上好 Matt 进来吧 | 
| [38:49] | I understand you’ve been speaking to the Chinese. | 我知道你跟中国政府谈过了 | 
| [38:53] | – Yes, sir. – How did you play it? | 是的 先生 你是怎么说的? | 
| [38:55] | You can probably just read the transcript. | 你可以直接读抄本吧 | 
| [38:58] | Yeah, sorry about that. | 是的 不好意思 | 
| [39:01] | It may be advantageous, all things considered. | 应该是有利的 所有的方面都考虑了 | 
| [39:05] | Seriously, I need to know exactly what you said. | 说真的 我需要知道 你究竟是怎么说的 | 
| [39:08] | I haven’t seen the transcript. I didn’t want to seem overly interested. | 我还没读抄本 我不想让人看上去太在意 | 
| [39:12] | I thanked President Lian for his good wishes… | 我对Lian主席的问候表示感谢了 | 
| [39:15] | …then brought the talk to Kazakhstan. I portrayed myself… | 然后把话题转到哈萨克斯坦 我对他说… | 
| [39:19] | …as being impatient with our intervention… | 我认为我们这次武装干涉很急躁 | 
| [39:21] | …mystified as to the endgame. | 也很迷惑 | 
| [39:24] | I might have referred to you as an incrementalist. | 我可能把你称呼为渐进主义者 | 
| [39:29] | I’ve been called worse. | 我被人叫过更糟的 | 
| [39:34] | You may have to call me worse if this is gonna work. | 如果这次有用了 你可能得给我更糟的称呼 | 
| [39:37] | It’s a great idea to exploit the inherent | 这是个好主意 为了表现 | 
| [39:41] | awkwardness of transition this way. | 过渡期固有的难堪 | 
| [39:43] | Use it to play a little geopolitical good cop, bad Cop. | 用它去进行政治地理上的软硬兼施 | 
| [39:48] | But you’ll have to make some really loud saber rattling… | 但是如果我们要实现它 | 
| [39:51] | …if we’re gonna pull this off. | 你得做出一些很响亮的马蹄声 | 
| [39:52] | Canadian prime minister Dallaire’s coming. | 加拿大首相Dallaire要来了 | 
| [39:55] | I’ll blow off some steam about this reckless Kazakhstan intervention. | 我要放出一些关于这次哈萨克斯坦 的不计后果的武装行动的话来 | 
| [39:59] | Lean on my military background. Make it clear that… | 靠我们军事后台 向他表明 | 
| [40:02] | …while I wouldn’t go in, once troops are there… | 当军队在那里的时候 | 
| [40:05] | …I have no intention of just keeping them in place, waiting to get shot at. | 我没有像让他们呆在那里 等着被打 | 
| [40:09] | I’ll give them things to do, like roll people back across their own borders. | 我要给他们事做 比如让把别的人赶回他们境内 | 
| [40:13] | I’ll suggest the Russians and Chinese… | 我要向俄罗斯和中国建议 | 
| [40:15] | …are going to look back on the Bartlet plan as the good old days. | 像从前一样回顾Bartlet计划 这样告诉加拿大 | 
| [40:19] | Which he might want to find a way to artfully communicate to them both. | 然后巧妙地靠他去通知那两国 | 
| [40:23] | Sounds good. | 听起来不错 | 
| [40:25] | You make that case with seeming conviction. | 你要看起来像是很确信的样子才行 | 
| [40:29] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 | 
| [40:30] | Let’s hope you can scare the hell out of them. | 那我们就希望你可以把他们都吓跑 | 
| [40:38] | Sir, this is Sam Seaborn. | 先生 这是Sam Seaborn | 
| [40:40] | He’ll be covering for me this next week. | 下个星期 他会照看我的工作 | 
| [40:43] | – Sorry? – Goodwin’s doing the transition. | 什么? Goodwin在做过渡的事情 | 
| [40:45] | I’ve set some senior staff. Sam knows the players for the rest. | 我已经招了一些高级职员 Sam也认识其他的人 | 
| [40:48] | In any event, candidates aren’t going anywhere. | 不管怎么样 候选人也不会去哪 | 
| [40:51] | It’s not like they’ll take director of cabinet affairs jobs in Benelux countries. | 这又不是说他们会去北欧做主管 | 
| [40:55] | Lou will be honing our message plan. | Lou会帮我们做通讯计划 | 
| [41:00] | I yelled at Otto for no reason. | 我无缘无故向Otto发了顿火 | 
| [41:03] | I haven’t had a vacation in, well, basically, ever. I will be better able… | 我没有过假期已经…哦 从来没有 我会更好地为你和国家做事 | 
| [41:07] | …to serve you and your presidency and the country… | |
| [41:10] | …if I unfog my head. It’s… | 当我把我脑袋的雾清理掉 | 
| [41:13] | – Sam’s getting married. – Congratulations. | Sam要结婚了 恭喜你 | 
| [41:16] | – Thank you. – Lou’s right, I have no life. | 谢谢 Lou说的对 我没有自己的生活 | 
| [41:18] | And l… I don’t know if that’s really how I want it… | 我也…不知道这是不是我真想要的 | 
| [41:21] | …or if it’s just some borderline or not so borderline… | 或者说这只是个界限 或者不是很明显的 | 
| [41:26] | …pathetic, pathologic avoidance thing. | 可悲的 病态的避免 | 
| [41:30] | If it’s, you know, okay with you. | 这样 不知道你同不同意 | 
| [41:34] | If it didn’t involve a motorcade, I’d drive you to the airport myself. | 如果不是因为要带一队车 我可以自己开车送你去机场 | 
| [41:40] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 | 
| [41:47] | – Nice to meet you. – You too. Big fan. | 很高兴见到你 我也是 我很支持你 | 
| [41:54] | Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain. | 女士们先生们 我是机长 | 
| [41:56] | Federal air regulations require that all carryon luggage be stowed prior to… | 联邦航空规定 所有随身行李要装进… | 
| [42:02] | Personal belongings may be placed in overhead compartments… | 私人物件可以放在头顶… | 
| [42:05] | … or under the seat in front of you. | 或放在你前座下面 | 
| [42:07] | If you need any additional information or assistance, contact your flight attendant. | 如果你需要更多信息或帮助 请找服务员 | 
| [42:11] | Please refrain from operating any portable electronic devices… | 我们升空而且安全带标志灭了之前 | 
| [42:15] | … till we are in flight and the seat belt sign is turned off. | 请不要打开任何电子设备 | 
| [42:18] | – Once again, thank you for flying. – Hey. | 再一次谢谢你搭乘我们的飞机 嘿 | 
| [42:22] | May I just say, a truly excellent notion? | 我可以说 这是个真正好的建议吗? | 
| [42:25] | – Sam’s. – Of course. | 是Sam的主意 当然了 | 
| [42:28] | The vacation. | 假期的主意是他的 | 
| [42:30] | Going with you part was all me. | 跟你一起是我一个人的主意 |