时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Yeah, so we out on Carrollton, | 那时我们在Carrollton |
[00:10] | this ol’ white motherfucker and his wife roll up, | 有个白人死老头和他的臭婆娘开车过来 |
[00:12] | he’s like, “young man, you know where the Poe House is?” | 问我”小伙子 你知道坡的故居在哪吗” (听成了贫民窟) |
[00:15] | I’m like, “Unc, you kidding me? | 我说 “大叔 你开玩笑呢吧” |
[00:18] | “Look around, take your pick. “ | “看看这 随便挑一个吧” |
[00:24] | So, the old man, he’s like, “the Poe House. | 这个老家伙又说”坡的故居” |
[00:26] | “The Edward Allen Poe House… “ | “爱伦·坡故居” |
[00:28] | shit, you back already? | 靠 这么快就回来啦 |
[00:31] | First of the month, yo… | 这个月头一回啊 |
[00:33] | I’m like, “I don’t know no Edward Allen Poe. “ | 我说 “我不认识什么爱伦·坡” (美国作家) |
[00:35] | The man look at me all sad and shit like I let him down… | 老家伙伤心地看着我 像是我让他失望了似的 |
[00:41] | I know you know you ain’t coming in here. | 你我都知道你们不能进去 |
[00:43] | – What? – Shorty, I don’t know you. | – 什么 – 小妞 我不认识你 |
[00:46] | You know Miss Elaine in the back room, right? | 你总认识后屋的Elaine吧 |
[00:49] | This her brother, Earl from the V.A. Hospital. | 这是她的兄弟 Earl 刚从退伍军人医院出来 |
[00:51] | He supposed to stay with her. | 他来投靠她 |
[00:53] | Can you help me inside? I’m Chantal. | 能帮我把他弄进去吗 我是Chantal |
[01:22] | So, what’s good? | 你好啊 |
[01:23] | Thank you, young man. | 谢谢你啊 小伙子 |
[01:29] | Oh shit. | 哦 妈的 |
[01:31] | Oh shit. | 哦 妈的 |
[01:40] | Nah, nah, nah… | 啊 别 别… |
[01:46] | Hey, yo, Omar. | 嘿 Omar |
[01:47] | Yo, all due respect, but this right here, | 恕我冒昧 这个地方 |
[01:50] | this a Barksdale joint, man. | 可是Barksdale的地盘 |
[01:55] | Do tell. | 还用你说 |
[03:33] | You think this boy woke up yesterday morning, | 你们觉得这个男孩 昨天起床的时候 |
[03:35] | sat on the edge of his bed and said: “Today’s my day to die?” | 坐在床边会想到自己今天会死? |
[03:40] | You don’t think this can happen to you? | 你们觉得这事不会发生在自己身上? |
[03:43] | Doc, hold that up. | 医生 把那个拿起来 |
[03:50] | Look at what that bullet did to his heart. | 看看这颗子弹怎么毁了他的心脏 |
[03:54] | That’s his heart. | 那是他的心脏 |
[03:58] | What was that, scared straight? | 这算什么 威慑教育? |
[03:59] | More like bored stiff. | 还不如说是无聊透顶 |
[04:02] | What’s the deal with this? | 这是啥玩意儿? |
[04:04] | I go down to M.C.I. Jessup hoping to pull up a fella with some years on him, | 我今天去了州立监狱 想探视个服刑的小子 |
[04:07] | see if he’s ready to share his feelings. | 瞧瞧他是否想吐露心声 |
[04:08] | Turns out Barksdale D’Angelo got himself rung up as a suicide. | 结果发现 Barksdale D’Angelo上吊自杀了 |
[04:12] | D.O.D. of 72103. | 死亡日期 03年7月21日 |
[04:15] | Who worked it? | 谁调查的? |
[04:16] | State police. | 州警 |
[04:18] | You want me to pull the postmortem on this? | 你想让我给他做尸检? |
[04:20] | Yeah, he’s kind of our made guy down there. | 嗯 可以说是我们害他坐牢的 |
[04:21] | I just want to make sure that nobody did the suicide to him. | 我只是想确定他的自杀 不是别人动的手脚 |
[04:25] | Ain’t nuthin’ but dust an’ bricks over there now. | 那里现在一片残砖断瓦 |
[04:28] | Shit, all that battlin’ we did to take them towers. | 该死的 我们当初攻城略地的血汗啊 |
[04:32] | You’re trying to tell me we back on the street with the rest of ’em. | 你是想告诉我 我们只能和别人一起再站大街? |
[04:35] | Anyway, b, | 不管怎么样 B |
[04:36] | now that the towers is gone everybody knows how it gotta go down. | 既然高楼已经没了 所有人都知道事情会不妙 |
[04:39] | I say we send our people over there early. | 我说还是早点把我们的人派出去 |
[04:42] | Corner chiefs like: “Yo, we here now, | 跟那些街头霸王说”我们来了” |
[04:44] | “you know what I mean, but we bringing something to the table.” | “你们懂我的意思 但我们也带了东西来” |
[04:46] | Lay it out like it’s their lucky day. | 然后拿出来 像天上掉馅饼一样 |
[04:49] | No flexing, no threats. Just be like, this a good thing. | 不装孙子 也不装老子 让他们觉得这是件好事 |
[04:53] | But you know we gonna need good corners, | 但你知道我们需要好地头 |
[04:55] | that’s what we’re gonna need. Close to downtown. | 需要靠近市中心 |
[04:57] | Get the workaday trade. | 有生意的地方 |
[04:59] | – Come out like Freemont – Fayette. | – 比如Freemont街 – 还有Fayette |
[05:02] | Yeah, like 40, $50,000 a day, easy. | 没错 每天都能轻松进账4到5万 |
[05:06] | Yeah, I’m on it. | 嗯 我去布置 |
[05:07] | You know everyone watching us on this, man. | 要知道这个时候 所有人都在盯着我们 |
[05:09] | They wanna see if we’re gonna fuck this up now that the towers are down. | 他们想看看 楼没了 我们是不是也跟着完蛋 |
[05:12] | You know what I’m sin’? They measurin’ us up. | 你懂我的意思吗 他们是在掂量我们 |
[05:15] | They wanna see if we’re gonna be weak or real. | 他们想瞧瞧 我们是狗熊还是英雄 |
[05:17] | If a fool step to us, man, we gonna do what we gotta do. | 如果哪个傻瓜想欺到我们头上 我们该怎么做就怎么做 |
[05:20] | But it’s them bodies that got you in here. | 但是你进这里是因为死人 |
[05:23] | If we can do this without the bodies, we should. | 所以如果可以不杀人 我们就不杀人 |
[05:25] | You know what I mean? Especially now we light on muscle. | 明白吗 尤其是现在我们欠打手 |
[05:28] | Speakin’ of muscle, man, you heard from that man I sent you? | 说到打手 我给你派去的那个人有音讯了吗? |
[05:30] | Yeah, Cutty from the cut. He rang, we took care of him. | 嗯 出狱的Cutty 他给我打了电话 我们会招呼他的 |
[05:33] | Good, good. | 很好 |
[05:35] | How you fixed for the hearing? | 听证会准备得怎么样了 |
[05:37] | It’s all good, man. Shit. | 很好 妈的 |
[05:40] | Levy got everything straightened up tight for me, man. | Levy把一切都打理好了 |
[05:43] | I’ll be home before it get cold. | 天凉之前我就可以回家了 |
[05:47] | Towers came down. | 高楼都倒了 |
[05:50] | So? | 所以呢 |
[05:51] | So, we’re comin’ in. | 所以我们要入驻 |
[05:53] | To my corners? I don’t think so. | 来我的地盘? 这可不行 |
[05:55] | Hold on now. This is gonna be good for you too… | 等等 这对你也有好处 |
[05:58] | Yeah? Now, how you figure that? | 是吗? 你怎么会这么想的? |
[06:01] | Yo, what you payin’ now, 37, 38? | 嘿 你进价多少? 3万7还是3万8? |
[06:06] | Yo, we can go 31, 32 shots. Man, this shit’s so John Blaze | 我们可以开3万1 3万2 伙计 而且这货可给力了 |
[06:10] | you can step on it seven, eight times and still take the cake… | 就算稀释个7,8倍 依旧销魂 |
[06:14] | Spider bags! | “蜘蛛包”! |
[06:16] | Spider bags! | “蜘蛛包”! |
[06:22] | Damn! | 妈的 |
[06:24] | Yo, y’all seen Marlo? | 你们看到Marlo没? |
[06:30] | Y’all ain’t seen him? | 没看见他吗? |
[06:32] | Y’all know him? | 你们认识他吗 |
[06:34] | Marlo? Marlo? | |
[06:36] | Yeah, yeah, he was here. | 对 他之前在这 |
[06:40] | Now he ain’t. | 现在不在了 |
[06:42] | Get those spider bags, spider bags! | 来点”蜘蛛包”吧 “蜘蛛包”! |
[06:48] | Jesus, Tommy, I like to shit | 天啊 Tommy 可把我乐坏了 |
[06:52] | when I looked up | 当我抬头 |
[06:54] | and saw you on the news, givin’ it to Erv. | 看见你在新闻里 给Erv难堪 |
[06:58] | you fucker, you’re up to something. | 你这混蛋 你肯定有什么企图 |
[07:01] | I’m up to nothing, I’m telling you. | 我什么企图都没有 真的 |
[07:03] | I can help him, he can help me. | 我可以帮他 他也能帮我 |
[07:05] | A little itch here, a little scratch there. | 互相通融 |
[07:09] | This is a win-win for you, ain’t it? | 这对你来说怎么都是赢 不是吗 |
[07:12] | He won’t play? You beat the shit outta him because crime is up. | 要是他不配合 你就用上升的犯罪率击垮他 |
[07:17] | Press loves it and you score. | 媒体会喜欢 你也赢了 |
[07:19] | Flip-side is that if he caves, | 相反他若屈服了 |
[07:22] | you get yourself a snitch in the Mayor’s inner-circle. | 你在市长的核心班子里就多了一个告密者 |
[07:28] | So um… | 所以 嗯… |
[07:30] | what’s my role in your little drama? | 我在你这出戏里又是什么角色? |
[07:32] | I thought you might broker a meeting. | 我觉得你可以当掮客 帮我安排一次见面 |
[07:35] | You know, | 你瞧 |
[07:37] | help your fearless leader see the light about his new friend on the council. | 帮助你那个大无畏的头儿 注意到我这个委员会的新朋友 |
[07:40] | And I should tell him, what? | 那我应该告诉他什么 |
[07:43] | Make nice or invest heavily in petroleum jelly? | 乖乖就范 否则就多准备点凡士林? (被操的时候可以当润滑剂) |
[07:46] | Hey, his ass, his choice. | 嘿 他的屁股 他的选择 |
[07:54] | You didn’t talk to him? | 你没和他谈? |
[07:56] | I couldn’t find the motherfucker. | 我没能找到这个狗娘养的 |
[07:59] | Man, we just walk up, we gonna bump. | 哥们 我们就这么过去 肯定会有麻烦 |
[08:07] | There. Middle of the block, right there. | 那边 房子中间 就待儿那 |
[08:56] | Yo, where the whistle at? | 嘿 家伙在哪儿? |
[09:05] | Hold on. | 嘿 等一下 |
[09:09] | Wait for Marlo. | 等Marlo来 |
[09:25] | Yo, Cheese. Where you been at, man? | Cheese 你跑哪去了 |
[09:35] | Nigger, that ain’t nothin’ but bait. | 哥们 不过是条”小白脸” |
[09:38] | Just soap your bitch. | 还是给你的母狗搓搓肥皂吧(洗去骚味) |
[09:44] | Who my dawg? You my dawg. | 谁是我兄弟 你是我兄弟(Dawg 音通”狗” 用来称兄道弟) |
[09:46] | Who’s my Dawg? Who’s my baby? | 谁是我兄弟 谁是我宝贝 |
[09:49] | You make daddy some money, alright? Yeah. | 给老爸挣点钱 听到没 |
[10:00] | 25 large on Dawg. | 2万5 押我兄弟 |
[10:04] | Cheese! Cheese! | |
[10:07] | Yeah. | 哈 |
[10:25] | Anybody I want? | 想要谁都行?(两人开始性幻想游戏) |
[10:27] | Anybody. | 随便谁 |
[10:30] | I want more than one. | 我想多要几个 |
[10:32] | I want the Olsen twins. | 我想要Olsen姐妹(好莱坞最红姐妹花) |
[10:33] | You got ’em. Slaves. | 都给你 奴隶而已 |
[10:36] | All they live for is to get you off. | 她们活着就是为了给你泄欲 |
[10:39] | But so now who you gonna do for ’em? | 那么你愿意为她们上谁呢? |
[10:41] | One guy, one act, one time. | 一个男人 一个体位 |
[10:44] | Right. And the minute I name a guy you’re gonna be like, | 是 我一旦说出这个人 你就会说 |
[10:46] | “I knew you were a cocksucker from the first time I laid eyes on you.” | “第一眼我就知道 你是个基佬” |
[10:50] | Steve McQueen, huh? That’s your fantasy? | Steve McQueen(美国70年代荧幕硬汉)是你的幻想对象吗? |
[10:53] | You fuckin’ closet-case motherfucker. | 你这个躲在柜子里的王八蛋 |
[10:55] | Steve McQueen? Steve McQueen? | |
[10:57] | Fuck you, it’s a set-up. | 去你妈的 这是想套我 |
[10:59] | Both Olsen twins. | Olsen姐妹都要 |
[11:02] | Ashley Ashley. | |
[11:04] | – Kate. – Mary-Kate. | – Kate – 是Mary-Kate |
[11:06] | And yeah, I admire their body of work. | 恩 我欣赏她们的”作品”(两人在时尚界有自己的品牌) |
[11:08] | They’re yours. | 都是你的 |
[11:10] | All you gotta do is name a guy. | 你要做的只是说一个男人的名字 |
[11:15] | I’m not catching, I’m pitching. | 我不是受 我是攻 |
[11:17] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[11:27] | Cornermen out of the pit. | 人员退场 |
[11:37] | Release your dogs. | 放狗 |
[11:57] | I got that! Yeah! I got that! | 没问题 没问题 |
[12:17] | Break your dogs! | 把狗分开! |
[12:39] | Bait… | “小白脸” 哼 |
[13:18] | Oh shit, there it is. | 妈的 |
[13:20] | Can it just be like… | 难道就不能选个… |
[13:22] | like this unbearable-looking woman? | 绝世丑女? |
[13:25] | You know like that old tune from “The Golden Girls” | 比如”黄金女郎”里的老太婆?(一部美国室内喜剧 主演是四位老太) |
[13:28] | the short one with the coke-bottle glasses… | 那个架着厚眼镜片的小老太婆 |
[13:31] | A guy. | 选一个男人 |
[13:35] | Hey, yo. | 嗨 说你呢 |
[13:37] | Huh? | 啊? |
[13:38] | Let me ask you a question. | 问你个问题 |
[13:40] | Where do you guys get those hats with the bills over the ears like that? | 你们从哪弄的那种帽子 帽檐居然是歪的? |
[13:43] | I go into all the city stores and the only ones I can find | 我跑遍了所有的商店 |
[13:46] | are the ones with the bills in the front. | 都是只有帽檐在前面的 |
[13:48] | Naw, it’s the same. Just turn it sideways on your head. | 都是一样的 只要歪着戴就行了 |
[13:53] | Thanks. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:01] | That’s a knucklehead from the low-rises, right there. | 那个是平房区的白痴 就在那儿 |
[14:03] | Terrace’s spreading out. | 公房区的人都跑出来了 |
[14:06] | They got to go somewhere, I guess. | 我想他们总得去个地方吧 |
[14:13] | Don’t think you ought needed to do that. | 我觉得你没必要那么做 |
[14:17] | He turned cur on me, man… | 他没种 丢了我的脸… |
[14:19] | Nah. | 不 |
[14:21] | I think you got played. | 我看你是被耍了 |
[14:48] | So, I’m guessin’ from the Terrace | 我猜从公房区来的人 |
[14:51] | being all cute about the property line. | 对地界有非分之想 |
[14:54] | I just wanted to wait and see what you wanted us to do about it. | 我就想着等你回来 看看怎么办 |
[14:58] | So, what you want us to do? | 那么 你想我们怎么办 |
[15:03] | Get back to work. | 回去工作 |
[15:05] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[15:22] | Your boy really jammed me, that little prick. | 你的小弟真让我臭大了 那个小混蛋 |
[15:25] | It was all over the news. | 新闻上全是 |
[15:27] | You did not look particularly commissioner-like. | 那时你还真没个局长的样子 |
[15:31] | Mayor told me the same thing. | 市长也这么说 |
[15:34] | You can’t have that shit every week, | 你可不能周周都出丑 |
[15:37] | not if you want His Honor to give you the job permanent. | 如果你还指望你的大人把你转正的话 |
[15:41] | Tommy’s a good kid, usually. | Tommy平时挺不错的 |
[15:44] | An asspain when he wants something, | 就是想得到什么的时候 会变成刺头 |
[15:46] | but mostly good people. | 但大多数时候 是个好人 |
[15:48] | I don’t give a shit what he is. | 我他妈的不在乎他怎么样 |
[15:50] | Well, you can’t have him pounding on you, Erv. | 但你不能总让他给你颜色看吧 Erv |
[15:53] | Throw him a bone, | 扔给他块骨头 |
[15:56] | he’ll take care of you. | 他就会对你好了 |
[16:00] | Alright, | 好吧 |
[16:02] | but I draw the line at going behind the Mayor for this guy. | 但我绝不会为了这个家伙背叛市长 |
[16:06] | You can’t sit where I’m sitting and backdoor the fucking Mayor. | 坐在我这个位置上 就不能扯市长后腿 |
[16:11] | Sorry I’m late, guys. | 不好意思 我迟到了 |
[16:13] | My kid had a little league game. It started late. | 我的孩子今天有联赛 开场晚了 |
[16:16] | Well, I’ll leave you boys to it. | 好吧 你们大家谈吧 |
[16:19] | And what I have brought together, | “愿我今日所促之情谊” |
[16:22] | let no man tear asunder. | “无人能拆散”(改自马太福音) |
[16:27] | – He win? – Who? | – 他赢了? – 谁? |
[16:29] | Your kid, his team. | 你家孩子 他的球队 |
[16:31] | Oh shit, who keeps score? | 哦 谁还记比分啊? |
[16:36] | Yeah, it’s a little hectic, | 开始是有点杠上了 |
[16:37] | but everybody steppin’ off at the right time. | 但是后来大家都各退一步 |
[16:40] | These corner boys we dealin’ with? | 那些我们找上门的街头混混 |
[16:42] | I don’t think they even listen to their own people. | 我觉得他们连自己的人都不听 |
[16:45] | Yeah, I’m gonna talk to peoples. | 我会和他们谈的 |
[16:47] | – Where you at? – Marlo? | – 你去了哪里? – Marlo? |
[16:51] | I can’t find ‘im. | 我根本就找不到他 |
[16:52] | And you told us not to start nothin’, so I set-up in the middle of the block. | 你告诉过我们不要惹是生非 于是我就在小区中间设了个点 |
[16:57] | You know, even that got hard stares. I don’t know. | 你瞧 就算那样还是会招来不快 我也不知道 |
[17:01] | It ain’t gonna hold, I don’t think. | 我觉得撑不了多久 |
[17:02] | This Marlo. | 这个Marlo |
[17:04] | How hard you lookin’ for him? | 你怎么个努力找法? |
[17:08] | Like, why ain’t you out there looking for this motherfucker right now? | 好比 你怎么现在没出去 找这个混蛋呢? |
[17:11] | ‘Cause you called this meeting here. | 因为你让我们来这开会啊 |
[17:21] | Shut the door. | 把门关上 |
[17:26] | What’s your good news, man. | 你有什么好消息 伙计? |
[17:28] | Omar right inside the stash. | Omar又闯进了我们的窝点 |
[17:30] | Couple ounces of raw already vialed, 600. | 抢走了已经装好瓶的几盎司货 有600支 |
[17:34] | Cocksuckers even took my watch. | 这个贱人甚至拿走了我的表 |
[17:36] | Second stash this month they did got to. | 这已经是他们这个月 第二次冲了我们的窝 |
[17:39] | I mean, he, um, he called you by name, String. | 我是说 他直呼你大名 String |
[17:43] | I mean, all due respect, but do like unless you step to him. | 恕我直言 除非你出面制止他 |
[17:47] | It’s gonna be like this. | 否则这事肯定没完没了下去 |
[17:54] | Alright, man. Double the muscle on every stash we got. | 好吧 每个据点都加倍人手 |
[17:57] | And if the man comin’, | 如果他再来 |
[18:00] | make ready for the man. | 要准备好 |
[18:01] | It’s not personal. | 这不是私人恩怨 |
[18:03] | I swear to God, it’s never personal with me. | 我对天发誓 我绝不记私仇 |
[18:10] | Truth is, | 事实是 |
[18:12] | I’ve been a councilman for almost three years now. | 我在委员会已经快三年了 |
[18:14] | And that’s a long fucking time to be ignored. | 它妈的被冷落了好长一段日子 |
[18:18] | And this being Baltimore, a whiteboy doesn’t stand much chance running citywide. | 在Baltimore 白人是不太可能在市里竞选上位 |
[18:21] | Maybe the legislature, if the right seat opens up. | 也许可以去立法院 如果那有空缺 |
[18:24] | But until then, I’m stuck in a job with no power | 但在那之前 我只能干着这份没有实权的活 |
[18:26] | except getting potholes filled. | 除了去指挥修补路上的坑洼 |
[18:30] | All due respect, Councilman, | 恕我直言 议员 |
[18:32] | you’re fucking with me because, what, you’re bored? | 你搞我是因为觉得太无聊了? |
[18:36] | A little, yeah. | 是有一点 |
[18:38] | And what the fuck. I mean, when it comes to the crime thing, | 管它呢 我是说 说到犯罪 |
[18:41] | this city can use all the fucking help it can get. | 这个城市需要各方帮助 |
[18:43] | If you’re looking for dirt, there isn’t any. | 如果你要找猫腻 那可没有 |
[18:46] | There’s always fucking dirt. | 它妈的哪都有猫腻 |
[18:47] | But right now, I’m just looking to know how we could do better. | 但是现在 我只想知道 怎么样能做得更好 |
[18:51] | You give me that much. | 你只要能给我做到 |
[18:53] | I can try and get you what you need privately. | 我可以私下 满足你的要求 |
[18:55] | No hearings, no press, no grandstanding. | 不需要听证会 不需发布会 不需要哗众取宠 |
[18:58] | And if I don’t play ball? | 如果我不合作的话 |
[19:00] | You’re gonna have my ass every time I’m in front of your committee, right? | 那每次去你们委员会 你都会把我往死里整 对吧? |
[19:08] | – One thing comes to mind. – Shoot. | – 我先想到了一件事 – 说 |
[19:11] | I can’t get my marked units back from Dickman Street to save my life. | 我没法把我的警车从修车厂拿回来 |
[19:16] | Cars that are shopped for service don’t come back for weeks. | 去保养的警车过去几周了都没回来 |
[19:20] | You tell the Mayor? | 你跟市长说过了? |
[19:23] | Not that you heard it from me. | 你不能说是我说的 |
[19:25] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[19:29] | – How much these? – 10,000 a set. | – 这些多少钱? – 一套一万 |
[19:34] | Nigger show that on a ride, he hangin’ a sign on himself. | 有谁在他的车上弄一套 就好比弄了个签名在身上 |
[19:37] | Lock my ass up. | “来抓我吧” |
[19:39] | No, shit. | 没错 |
[19:42] | So how you gonna play it? | 你打算怎么办? |
[19:44] | If they from the Terrace, that’s Avon. | 如果是从平房区来的 那他们就是Avon的人 |
[19:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:49] | And Avon, he comin’ home, too. | Avon也快回来了 |
[19:53] | Well, if you inclined to work something out, that’s one thing. | 如果你想和解 那是一回事 |
[19:57] | If not? | 如果不这样 |
[19:58] | Avon can seriously handle up. | Avon是块难啃的骨头 |
[20:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:02] | So if you want to hold onto what’s yours, you best be ready. | 所以如果你想保住自己的地盘 最好早做准备 |
[20:09] | You remember that Barksdale kid? | 还记得Barksdale那个孩子吗 |
[20:11] | The one who took all the weight? | 把所有事都扛下的那个 |
[20:13] | mm. | 恩 |
[20:14] | Tied his neck to a doorknob in the prison library and sat his ass down. | 在监狱图书馆的门把手上 上吊自杀了 |
[20:19] | I dunno. | 不是吧 |
[20:21] | Men of color usually don’t do themselves. | 有色人种通常不会自杀 |
[20:25] | I mean, take me, for instance… | 我的意思是 就拿我来说 |
[20:28] | Yeah, I mean. You got all the reason in the world… | 是啊 你早有一万个理由去自杀了… |
[20:30] | And yet here I am, still standing. | 但我仍然好好地在这 |
[20:34] | Give or take. | 也许有点偏差 |
[20:39] | You looked at the scene photos? | 你看了现场照片? |
[20:42] | Nah, there ain’t none. | 没有 根本没拍 |
[20:44] | State police dogged it. | 州警根本是敷衍了事 |
[20:52] | My turn, Bunk. | 轮到我了 Bunk |
[20:56] | Come on, come on. Go with number three. | 快啊 快 就按第三套方案 |
[21:07] | You gonna play my song, darling? Huh? | 亲爱的 想点我的歌吗 |
[21:12] | – You play the right song… – Hey, Bunk. | – 你要是挑对了歌… – 嘿 Bunk |
[21:13] | – I can make you hit the high notes, baby. – Hey, Bunk. | – 我可以帮你”飙到高音” 宝贝 – 嘿 Bunk |
[21:16] | – Hey, look, I saw her first, Jimmy… – Bunk, man. | – 嘿 是我先看到她的 Jimmy – Bunk |
[21:18] | What are you doing? I got a place right here in Canmden. | – 你干什么呢? – 我在Canmden这有套房子 |
[21:20] | – Be a gentleman, come on. – I’m bein’ a gentleman, man. | – 绅士点 – 我很绅士 |
[21:23] | I’m really not interested, okay? | 我真的没兴趣 |
[21:25] | Come on, let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[21:26] | You’re all pink, baby. | 你很害羞啊 宝贝 |
[21:29] | I’m really sorry, he’s had a bit too much to drink, you know? | 太抱歉了 他喝多了 |
[21:31] | It’s okay, thank you, thanks. | 没关系 谢谢 |
[21:35] | You alright? | 你还好吗 |
[21:36] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[21:38] | You get yourself home? | 能自己回家吗 |
[21:40] | Yeah. | 能 |
[21:42] | Knock it out. | 加油 |
[21:49] | – Naw, the baddest nigger of all time? – Who? | – 知道谁最坏吗 – 谁? |
[21:51] | This nigger from New York from the olden days, Bumpy something… | 老早那会儿 纽约的老黑 叫Bumpy什么的 |
[21:54] | – Bumpy? – Yo, | – Bumpy? – 是 |
[21:56] | he do shit like, run up to a police station by himsself. | 他妈的他自己跑到了警察局 |
[21:59] | – Nah. – You know what I’m sayin’? Shit like that. | – 不是吧 – 你明白我的意思吗 就是那么回事 |
[22:01] | Cops be like hidin’, like, “Yo, Bumpy, we sorry, man, we sorry. | 警察躲都来不及 连连求饶”对不起 对不起啊 Bumpy” |
[22:04] | “Please go away, please, please!” | “求你走吧 求你了” |
[22:08] | Woof. | “汪” |
[22:21] | And obtain gainful employment | 找份能挣钱的活 |
[22:23] | and refrain from associating with known criminals, | 避免和有案底的人来往 |
[22:25] | and keep this office informed of your residence | 并将你的住处告知本局 |
[22:26] | and any change in that residence. | 包括任何变动 |
[22:29] | So I gather you’re not working at this particular time. | 我猜你现在还没工作吧 |
[22:31] | They still doin’ the morning shape-ups down at the market? | 他们在市场那还有招工摊吗? |
[22:34] | I don’t know and I don’t care. Just get a job, any job. | 不知道 也不在乎 找份工作 随便什么差事 |
[22:40] | – “Woof”? – “Woof”, like a dog. | – “汪”? – “汪” 叫得跟狗似的 |
[22:43] | Oh shit, it was like blaow! | 妈的 就像是这样 砰 |
[22:45] | It was Cheese’s boy, Tri. | 是Cheese的手下 Tri |
[22:52] | So you gonna hit back or what? | 你到底要不要还击啊 |
[22:57] | You got a better shot of the ligature? | 你有更清晰的勒痕照吗? |
[22:58] | Yeah, inside. | 有 在里面 |
[23:07] | What he do, hang himself twice? | 他怎么了 吊死自己两次? |
[23:09] | He could have been leaning straight forward until he blacked out then slid down | 他可能一直向倾斜 直到昏过去后往下滑 |
[23:12] | which would give you the vertical. | 造成了垂直的一条 |
[23:13] | Or how about I come up at him from behind… | 或者是从他的背后这样… |
[23:17] | and then set him down, make it look like goodbye cruel world. | 然后把他放下 弄成他向这个残酷世界告别的样子 |
[23:21] | What do the scene shots show? | 现场拍照片怎么说的? |
[23:23] | None taken. | 根本就没拍 |
[23:24] | The troopers really fucked the pooch on this one. | 州警这次偷懒到家了 |
[23:26] | All I have is some half-assed report | 我就只有一份狗屁报告 |
[23:28] | reads like the investigator went off his ritalin. | 读起来也是干巴巴的 |
[23:31] | What’s a large eckee… | 这块墨水渍真大… |
[23:33] | No, large ecchymotic area, or mid-back. | 不 那是块瘀斑 后背中央 |
[23:36] | Bruising. | 淤青 |
[23:39] | What, mid-back… as in…? | 什么?后背中央?就像是… |
[23:42] | Or he banged himself a few days earlier in the shower. Yeah, maybe. | 也许是他几天前洗澡 的时候磕到了自己 也许吧 |
[23:46] | Nothing like a definite maybe. | 有个”也许”就够了 |
[23:48] | Tri finally got that m? | Tri还是得手了 |
[23:50] | Done it on foot too. | 还是走着去的 |
[23:53] | Caroline? Caroline? | |
[23:54] | Nigger lyin’ in chalk but my boy Tri got the dapple all up his sleeve. | 小子倒下的地方被描了粉笔(犯罪现场定位)Tri被溅了一袖子 |
[23:59] | Looks like polka dots. | 看着像圆点花纹 |
[24:01] | But that’s just something you got to know from experience, | 这事可得吃一堑得长一智 |
[24:03] | – You know what I’m sayin’? – mm-hum. | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[24:05] | I even had to school him on the whistle, still walkin’ around with it. | 我甚至还得教他怎么处理”家伙” 他居然还随身带着呢 |
[24:09] | “Yo Tri, stash that shit up at Neesey’S. What’s wrong with you?” | 我说 “Tri 把它藏到Neesey那 你脑子哪儿短路了?” |
[24:13] | Aw, you know them niggers is gonna get mad busy over this | 你知道 那些个家伙肯定不会善罢甘休 |
[24:17] | so we gettin’ busy too. | 所以我们也要忙了 |
[24:19] | So what time you comin’ over? | 那你什么时候过来啊? |
[24:20] | Damn, bitch, ain’t you even listenin’? | 妈的 贱人 你在没在听啊 |
[24:24] | hey. You still there? | 嗨 你还在吗 |
[24:33] | Lay down | 收摊 |
[24:36] | Time-out! | 暂停 |
[24:46] | Do that again. | 再做一次啊 |
[24:47] | – Do what again? – Do that thing with your hand. | – 再做一次什么 – 再做一次那个手势 |
[24:49] | – Do it in my face. – Fuck you talkin’ about? | – 当着我的面再做一遍 – 你他妈的说什么呢 |
[24:57] | Got a lot of room in here. | 车上还空得很呢! |
[25:10] | Fuck the police! | 去他妈的警察 |
[25:11] | Naw, man, we was just hangin’. | 伙计 我们只是随便逛逛 |
[25:14] | Just slingin’. | 只是贩贩毒吧 |
[25:17] | How’d you work it out with the corner crews, | 你们是怎么和原本街头的人妥协的 |
[25:18] | all you guys from the Terrace coming in like this? | 怎么就大摇大摆从平房区跑这来了? |
[25:21] | I don’t know what you talkin’ about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[25:22] | Well, you best watch your ass. ‘Cause the slingers out here? | 你最好小心点 因为这里的毒贩 |
[25:25] | They’re like the crack babies’ babies. | 他们打从娘胎就开始沾毒了 |
[25:27] | Man, every year everybody’s like: | 哥们 每一年大家都会说 |
[25:29] | “Yeah, these kids out here, they’re a new breed.” | “这里的孩子 他们是新一代” |
[25:32] | “I ain’t never seen nothing like this before.” | “我之前从没见过” |
[25:34] | “This the end of the world now.” | “旧日子过去了” |
[25:36] | Look around, fuckhead. This seem like the dawn of a new day to you? | 好好看看 这对你来说 像是新一天的开端吗 |
[25:40] | Can I go now? | 我现在能走了吗 |
[25:41] | Or you want to slap me up some more first. | 还是你想先多扇我几巴掌 |
[25:49] | Get the fuck out of here. | 滚 |
[25:58] | How about a handjob? Huh? | – “打飞机”怎么样 – 啊? |
[26:03] | Aw, man, you don’t even get Weezy Jefferson for a handjob. | 哦 你甚至都没敢想 Weezy Jefferson帮你打飞机 |
[26:05] | Come on. | 嘿 |
[26:07] | Dozerman. Wanna call it a day? | – Dozerman – 收工吗 |
[26:16] | They came back on us this time. | 他们这回来寻仇了 |
[26:18] | Dazz an’ them. They got Peanut. | Dazz的人 他们找上了Peanut |
[26:20] | Oh, shit, is Peanut dead? | 哦 妈的 Peanut死了吗 |
[26:22] | Naw, he’s okay. | 没有 他”还好” |
[26:24] | His brains all over the sidewalk but he’s okay. | 他的脑浆都撒在人行道上了 不过他”没事” |
[26:27] | What the hell do you think? | 你他妈的想什么呢 |
[26:28] | Ah, shit, I gotta call Tony. I’ll get back Atchya. | 妈的 我要给Tony打电话 我回头再打给你 |
[26:31] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[26:33] | Well, that’s two we heard about. | 哦 我们已经听到两件了 |
[26:35] | What the hell’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[26:37] | Drug war maybe? | 也许是毒品大战? |
[26:38] | S’up? | 怎么样? |
[26:40] | Nothing good, man. | 不怎么样 |
[26:42] | I ain’t sleep since I capped his ass. | 自从我把他杀了 我就睡不着觉了 |
[26:45] | Close my eyes, see him layin’ there all bloody and shit. | 我一闭上眼睛 就看到他 在血泊里的样子 |
[26:49] | Cheese, man, you did what you had to do. | Cheese 你做了必须得做的 |
[26:53] | What I thought I had to do. | 我自认该做的事 |
[26:54] | That’s Cheese? | 那是Cheese? |
[26:55] | He was my Dawg, yo. | 他是我的”哥们”(狗 两者同音) |
[26:57] | Had much love for me, even then. | 以前非常爱我 |
[27:00] | I ain’t never gonna find another Dawg like that… | 我再也找不到像他这样的了… |
[27:04] | well, they payin’ for it now. | 已经叫他们付出了代价 |
[27:06] | Mos’ def. | 一点没错 |
[27:10] | For months, these assholes show perfect phone discipline. | 几个月里 这些混蛋在电话里一直口风很紧 |
[27:13] | Now, they’re talking up murders? | 现在他们却大谈起了谋杀? |
[27:15] | Cheese is only a level below Proposition Joe. | Chesse的地位仅次于Proposition Joe |
[27:18] | All of a sudden, this case has legs. | 突然之间 案子又有眉目了 |
[27:20] | Homicide… | 杀人… |
[27:21] | This is Freamon, major-case. | 我是Freamon 专案组 |
[27:23] | Who’s the O.I.C. tonight? | 今晚的值班警官是谁? |
[27:24] | Hold on for Norris. | 我帮你转Norris |
[27:27] | – Yo, T., T., Man. – S’up? | – 哦 T… T… – 发生什么了? |
[27:30] | I’m shot, I’m shot. | 我中枪了 我中枪了 |
[27:32] | Aw shit, shit, they comin’ back. | 哦 妈的 妈的 他们找上门了 |
[27:37] | Motherfucker! | 狗娘养的! |
[27:44] | Who this? | 谁? |
[27:45] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[27:47] | Detective Norris. | Norris警探 |
[27:48] | Ed, this is Lester. | Ed 我是Lester |
[27:50] | I hear you’re catchin’ bodies on the east side. | 我听说在东区发现了尸体 |
[27:52] | You “hear” it? Like what, “probable cause,” hear it? | “听说”? 是”捕风捉影”的听说? |
[27:55] | Like, “I got something concrete,” hear it? | 还是”有跟有据”的听说? |
[27:57] | Or just, “gas up my head,” hear it? | 还是”无中生有”的听说? |
[27:58] | Like, “I got all the fucking time in the world to jaw with you,” hear it? | 好比 “我有的是时间跟你撂磕”的听说? |
[28:00] | How many bodies you got, Eddie? | 你那死了多少人 Eddie? |
[28:03] | “How many you got, Eddie?” | “死了多少人 Eddie?” |
[28:05] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[28:09] | – You want me to go up to homicide? – No, I got it, I got it. | – 你需要我去趟凶杀科吗 – 不用 我去就好 |
[28:11] | You’re the early man on tomorrow, so go home. | 你明天值早班 赶紧回家吧 |
[28:13] | See your kid. | 看看你的孩子 |
[28:16] | I’m telling you, this kid Berman’s a fucking wizard. | 我告诉你 这个Berman太牛叉了 |
[28:19] | I mean check it out, right? | 我是说 你看看 |
[28:21] | Six reported auto thefts, | 六起举报的汽车窃案 |
[28:23] | two of which state, “not impossible car was borrowed” | 其中两起”不排除被借走的可能” |
[28:26] | making four auto thefts, with two unfounded. | 于是它们证据不足 不予立案 只剩其余四起 |
[28:29] | And the prizewinner? Four armed robberies, | 而里头最牛叉的呢? 要属四起武装抢劫 |
[28:32] | two of which complainants state, “too dark to I.D. weapon, | 其中两起受害人抱怨说 “天太黑 无法辨认武器” |
[28:35] | not impossible knife wasn’t a com..” | “不排除是假刀的可能” |
[28:37] | – He mighta groomed ’em to death. – Yeah… | – 他也许能全整没了 – 是啊 |
[28:39] | Wine into water. | 苦酒变甘泉啊 |
[28:42] | There he is. | 说曹操 曹操到 |
[28:43] | Abbadabba Berman Abbadabba Berman. | |
[28:45] | The Doctor Atkins of crime. | 罪案的”瘦身博士” |
[28:47] | Just doing what I’m told. | 我只是奉命行事 |
[28:53] | God, what a beautiful film. | 天啊 多美的电影 |
[28:55] | I couldn’t understand a word. | 我一个字都听不懂 |
[28:56] | Oh, honey, you gotta read the subtitles. | 哦 亲爱的 你应该看看字幕 |
[28:58] | Oh shit. | 哦 妈的 |
[29:01] | Y’all go to the movies? | 你们都来看电影啦 |
[29:05] | And you must be the lovely Mrs. Herc. | 你一定是可爱的Herc夫人吧 |
[29:08] | How’d you like your movie? | 喜欢你看的电影吗 |
[29:11] | Okay. | 还行吧 |
[29:12] | Herc and Carver here? | Herc和Carver这两位 |
[29:13] | They try to snatch us up everyday like… | 他们每天都想把我们抓起来 |
[29:16] | where the shit, who got the shit… | 比如问”东西在哪呢” “谁手上藏了” |
[29:19] | but they never get nothing. | 但是从没找到过 |
[29:21] | So y’all go to the movies. | 所以你们只能来看电影了 |
[29:24] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[29:27] | Alright then. See ya tomorrow. | 就这样吧 明天见 |
[29:32] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧? |
[29:42] | On two. | 2号线 |
[29:45] | Pick up! Pick up! | 接电话! 接电话! |
[29:48] | – Ed, you gotta help me. – I can’t, now now. | – Ed 你得帮帮我 – 现在不行 |
[30:22] | So. | 那么 |
[30:25] | So? | 什么 |
[30:28] | Everything good? | 都还好吧? |
[30:34] | How’s that fontanette? | 鲁门怎么样了? |
[30:38] | Fontanelle. | 是卤门 |
[30:44] | Is it closing up? | 要闭合了吗 |
[30:47] | Won’t close for a while. | 暂时还不能 |
[30:50] | Good. | 很好 |
[30:53] | Good? | 这算好? |
[30:59] | I’m just, I’m just sayin’. | 我只是 只是随便说说 |
[31:16] | Seis hombres, seis dolares. | 六个人 六块钱 |
[31:20] | Seis hombres… | 六个人… |
[31:38] | I ain’t sleep since I capped his ass. | “杀了他之后我就再没睡过好觉” |
[31:41] | Close my eyes an’ see him layin’ there all bloody and shit? | “一闭上眼睛就能 看见他倒在血泊里的样子” |
[31:46] | – Cheese. – Cheese on a platter. | – Cheese – 磁带里的Cheese |
[31:50] | He never talks like that. | 他从不这么说话 |
[31:52] | Now, why would… | 为什么现在会… |
[31:53] | because all good things come to those who wait. | 因为天道酬勤呗 |
[31:57] | – Does McNulty know? – I’ll raise his ass. | – McNulty知道了吗? – 我来叫醒他 |
[32:00] | We’ll keep our ears to the wire keep gathering String, no problem. | 我们可以继续监听他们的电话 搜集有关String的线索 没问题 |
[32:04] | But if bodies keep falling in the Eastern District, | 但是如果东区继续出凶案 |
[32:07] | we might have to give up this wire tap. | 我们可能就得放弃监听了 |
[32:13] | Now you comin’ around? | 你现在过来干嘛 |
[32:15] | Been more than a dam year. | 都他妈的一年多了 |
[32:18] | Looks just like his dad, huh? | 长得可真像他老爸 |
[32:30] | Let me ask you. | 我就是想问问你 |
[32:32] | When you heard Dee was a suicide, what’d you think? | 当你听说Dee自杀的时候 你是怎么想的 |
[32:39] | Hey, little fellow. Come here. | 嗨 小家伙 过来 |
[32:49] | Here’s the thing: we got a tip. | 是这样的 我们得到消息 |
[32:51] | And the autopsy report it backs us up. | 尸检结果也佐证了它 |
[32:53] | Can you put him down please? | 你能把他放下吗 |
[32:56] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[33:05] | You know, I’m sorry about your loss. | 你瞧 对于他的死我感到很抱歉 |
[33:07] | He seemed like a pretty decent guy, all things considered. | 总的来说 他还算是个好人 |
[33:14] | So when I found out about this, | 所以当我发现这事时 |
[33:16] | I felt like I owed him… | 我觉得是我欠了他的 |
[33:21] | the last thing I wanted to do was upset you if there was no point to it, so… | 我最不想做的就是让你无事生忧 |
[33:32] | if there’s anything I can help with or any questions you need answered… | 所以如果有什么可以帮忙的 或者你有想追问的 |
[33:36] | or whatever. | 任何事情 |
[33:50] | Major, how many people are under your command? | 警司 你手下有多少人 |
[33:52] | 278, Sir. | 278个 长官 |
[33:54] | 278. And how many felony arrests they make last month? | 278个 上月他们一共逮捕了多少重案犯? |
[34:00] | Don’t bother. | 不用看了 |
[34:02] | You made 16. | 16个 |
[34:04] | 16. | 才16个 |
[34:06] | In a month. | 在一个月里 |
[34:08] | Same time period. How many handguns you pick up? | 这段时间里 你们缴获了多少手枪? |
[34:11] | All shifts, all sectors… | 算上所有班组 所有单位… |
[34:15] | once again, don’t bother. The answer is none. | 再说一遍 不用翻了 答案是零 |
[34:18] | None. | 鸭蛋 |
[34:20] | You had four bodies last night in how many hours? | 昨晚在多少小时内出现了四具尸体? |
[34:24] | Shut the fucking book, how many hours? | 你他妈地合上笔记 是几小时? |
[34:26] | Seven. | 七小时 |
[34:30] | Try five. | 五小时才对吧 |
[34:33] | Tell me about this kid. | 跟我说说这个孩子 |
[34:38] | – I believe his name is James… – James Toney. | – 他应该是叫James – James Toney |
[34:41] | When’s the last time he was arrested? | 他上次被捕是什么时候 |
[34:43] | With who? | 和谁一起 |
[34:45] | Where’s he sling? | 他在哪儿贩毒? |
[34:48] | How about this guy? | 这个家伙呢 |
[34:52] | Or him? Or him? | 这个呢? 这个呢? |
[34:55] | You know what? You got four bodies, all within two blocks of each other | 你知道吗 四具尸体 互相只隔了两个街区 |
[34:58] | and you can’t even start to connect the fucking dots. | 你甚至连他们之间的关联点都没去找 |
[35:02] | You got eight hours to get a grip on this mess or you’re done. You hear me? | 我给你8个小时把它搞定了 要不你就死定了 听到没? |
[35:06] | Done. | 死定了 |
[35:41] | Marlo Marlo? | |
[35:49] | You know I’m with Avon, right? | 你知道我是Avon的人吧 |
[35:52] | Stringer Bell Stringer Bell? | |
[35:57] | Can we talk? | 咱们能谈谈吗 |
[36:01] | I need you to walk back up there and pack up your people. | 我要你滚回去 把你的人都带走 |
[36:10] | I’m being a gentleman about it for the moment. | 趁我现在还跟你客气 |
[36:23] | You offer up what you have on this, you start the clock running on yourselves. | 要是你们打算利用手头的情报 那就得抓紧时间了 |
[36:26] | The wiretap has to surface in court. No way around it. | 监听行动势必会在法庭上暴露 没别的办法 |
[36:30] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[36:32] | We finally got something worth listening to and you’re talking about giving up the wire? | 我们好不容易听到了有价值的东西 现在你却让我们放弃? |
[36:35] | – Makes no sense. – There’s a war going on. | – 没有道理啊 – 火拼已经开始了 |
[36:38] | We might have four more bodies tonight. | 我们今晚可能又会多出四具尸体 |
[36:40] | This is Baltimore, we might have six. | 这可是Baltimore 六具还差不多 |
[36:42] | I watched Marvin Taylor from the Eastern | 我今天看到东区的Marvin Taylor |
[36:44] | get his asshole ripped today because he has no fucking clue. | 因为办案不利而被训得狗血淋头 |
[36:47] | I don’t believe this. | 太扯淡了 |
[36:49] | We got top lieutenants talking about murders, | 我们既然已经听到了头目在谈论谋杀 |
[36:51] | and we can’t figure out just to shut up and take notes? | 我们不去自己查明 反而得终止行动 杀鸡取卵? |
[36:53] | We got bodies on the ground, Jimmy. That’s gotta matter for something. | 这么多人横尸街头 Jimmy 这不算小事了 |
[36:56] | Look, if we’re at Cheese then we’re close to Prop Joe, | 如果我们掌握了Cheese 那我们就接近了Prop Joe |
[36:59] | and if we’re close to Joe, then we’re close to Stringer. | 如果我们接近了Joe 那离Stringer也就不远了 |
[37:01] | That has to matter. | 那才重要 |
[37:03] | Look, I was right there with you when we left Stringer on the street | 瞧 我和你一起看着Stringer逍遥法外 |
[37:06] | and it grinds me, too. | 我也很难受 |
[37:08] | But the fact is, we didn’t create this unit just to lock up dope dealers. | 但事实是 我们这个小组不是专门抓毒贩的 |
[37:12] | There’s a narcotics unit downtown for that. | 我们有干这事的缉毒队 |
[37:15] | We’re about violence. Have been from the jump. | 我们是对抗暴力犯罪 从一开始就是如此 |
[37:18] | Barksdale was violent. | Barksdale是暴徒 |
[37:19] | But right now, Stringer’s quiet, | 但是现在 Stringer一点动静都没有 |
[37:21] | and over on the eastside, we got bodies. | 而东区却是血流成河 |
[37:24] | Jimmy, we got enough from the tap | Jimmy 我们的监听情报 |
[37:26] | to take a real good shot at Cheese. | 已经足够给Cheese狠狠一击了 |
[37:28] | You put a murder case or two together, | 你们拿一 两件凶案定罪 |
[37:30] | you may be able to roll someone up at Proposition Joe or Stringer. | 也许能让谁把Joe 或者Stringer供出来 |
[37:33] | As far as bodies go, four’s a big number. | 就尸体来说 四个已经很多了 |
[37:39] | Okay then. | 那好吧 |
[37:41] | As of now, we use the phones to work these murders. | 现在 我们用那些电话来查这些谋杀案 |
[37:55] | Yo quiero mucho menos pastillas de secoya en eso. | 我需要有人再修剪一下那里的灌木(西班牙语) |
[38:00] | Y muy mas ancho un poco. | 长得太开了 |
[38:04] | Si? Gracias. | 好吗? 谢谢 |
[38:15] | Yo, we bracin’ up, son. Hanh? | 嘿 我们要出发了 |
[38:17] | Gather yo’self, nigga. We gotta bead on Dazz. | 打起精神来 小子 我们得去会会Dazz |
[38:19] | Be at Neesey’s crib in a hour. | 一小时后在Neesey的屋子见 |
[38:21] | Dazz be with neesey? I thought she was your girl. | Dazz和Neesey在一起? 我还以为她是你的妞呢 |
[38:23] | Neesey, huh? Got it. We just hook up there, then goin’ to battle. | – Neesey 查到了 – 我们在那碰头 然后开打 |
[38:26] | Bring your whistle, in a hour, one. | 带上你的家伙 一小时后见 |
[38:30] | Mount up. | 出发 |
[38:35] | Caroline, call qrt with that 20 and stay on the wire. | Caroline 向快速反应部队报告位置 然后继续监听 |
[38:39] | – We’re on channel two. – Alright. | – 我们用第二频道联络 – 好 |
[38:51] | Yo, Tri, what size fries you want? | 嗨 Tri 你想要多大分的薯条 |
[38:54] | What? | 什么 |
[38:55] | Go! | 冲! |
[38:56] | Police! Freeze! Hands up! | 警察 不许动 把手举起来 |
[39:01] | Put your hands up! | 把手举起来 |
[39:06] | Put your hands up! | 把手举起来 |
[39:07] | Put your hands up! Hands on your head! | 把手举起来 把手举起来 |
[39:12] | Okay, Mary Tyler Moore. Buck-naked. | 好吧 Mary Tyler Moore(电视剧演员)一丝不挂 |
[39:15] | Open the door, here I come, | 把门打开 我走进去 |
[39:18] | drop my attache case down, bend her over, | 扔了我的公文包 弯下了她那小蛮腰 |
[39:21] | give it to her on the ottoman, and she’s like, | 在垫脚凳上操她 她叫着: |
[39:23] | “Oh Rob, oh Rob… “ | “啊Rob 啊Rob… “ |
[39:26] | Who’s Rob? | Rob是谁 |
[39:28] | From the show. Done. | 剧里的人物 结束 |
[39:30] | Mary-Kate and Ashley… I don’t want to say. | Mary-Kate和Ashley… 我不想多说 |
[39:32] | Just accept whatever pictures are on my mind right now. | 我脑子里的场景已经够了 |
[39:35] | Anybody else? | 还有别人吗 |
[39:37] | Yeah, Dozerman’s girl, what’s her name? | 恩 Dozerman的那个妞 她叫什么来着 |
[39:40] | She’s baking a cake. Naked. | 她全裸着 烤着蛋糕 |
[39:42] | White flour splotches all over her fine brown skin. | 雪白的面粉溅落在她 美好的棕色肌肤上 |
[39:46] | I come in, in a chef’s hat, nothing else on, | 我进去了 只戴着一顶厨师帽 什么都没穿 |
[39:49] | johnson out to here and say, | “老二”挺身而出 说 |
[39:52] | “that’s no way to stir a batter. | “面不是这么和的” |
[39:53] | “Here, let me try to get…” | “这样 让我来把…” |
[39:55] | Hey, Doze, | 嘿 Doze |
[39:57] | what’s up? | 怎么了? |
[39:58] | Done, now the guy. | 好了 现在说男的 |
[40:01] | This is a hard one for anybody to understand. | 这对任何人来说都很难理解 |
[40:03] | I mean it’s got nothing to do with sex. | 我是说这和性无关 |
[40:07] | It’s about… sympathy. It’s about giving a guy a break. | 这是出于同情 男儿也要得到休息 |
[40:11] | Yeah, okay, okay. | 恩 好吧好吧 |
[40:15] | Gus Triandos Gus Triandos. | |
[40:19] | Who’s Gus Triandos? | Gus Triandos是谁 |
[40:20] | A catcher with the Orioles back in the day. | Orioles棒球队过去的接球手 |
[40:23] | Me and my brother had his card, | 我和我哥都有他的明星卡 |
[40:25] | sorry lookin’ motherfucker, man. | 这丫看起来真可怜 |
[40:27] | I mean, he looked like this little kid | 我是说 他看起来就像是个 |
[40:28] | who got left at a bus station by his parents. | 被父母扔在了汽车站的小孩 |
[40:32] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[40:34] | Because he had to catch Hoyt Wilhelm’s knuckle ball. | 因为他得接住Hoyt Wilhelm(同队的著名明星投手)的蝴蝶球 |
[40:37] | Five fucking years, the worst gig in baseball. | 整整五年啊 棒球里最难接的旋转球 |
[40:40] | It was like trying to catch a greased pig with wings. | 就像接一头抹了油 长了翅膀的猪 |
[40:43] | He even told a reporter once “Wilhelm nearly ruined me.” | 他有一次甚至对记者说 “Wilhelm几乎把我给毁了” |
[40:47] | Gus Triandos Gus Triandos. | |
[40:49] | Big slow guy. | 大块头 |
[40:51] | – Good choice. – Go ahead, say it. | – 不错 – 得了 说吧 |
[40:54] | – I know you want to say it. – Say what? There’s nothing to say. | – 我知道你想说 – 说什么 没什么好说的啊 |
[40:57] | – Nothing? – You put a lot of thought into it. | – 没什么? – 你琢磨了很久 |
[40:59] | – It’s cool. – Okay. | – 很好 – 好吧 |
[41:03] | Okay. Tonight, three things. | 听着 今晚记住三件事 |
[41:06] | Number one. | 第一件 |
[41:07] | Keep your incident numbers sequential or it’s gonna be a stone mess tomorrow. | 所有行动都要连续编号 不然明天你们就该凌乱了 |
[41:11] | Number two. We’ll be photographing evidence at the scene. | 第二件 我们会在现场拍照取证 |
[41:15] | That means don’t bag anything until you get the shot off. | 就是说在照相之前 什么都不要装进袋里 |
[41:19] | And number three, | 第三件 |
[41:21] | don’t embarrass yourselves… | 别给自己丢脸 |
[41:25] | make sure your camera’s loaded with film. | 确定你们的相机都上了胶卷 |
[41:28] | Okay, mount up. | 就这样 出发 |
[41:32] | So Cheese, who’s your Dawg? | Cheese 谁是你的哥们? |
[41:36] | You my Dawg. | 你是我哥们啊 |
[41:39] | I just wanna know who’s your Dawg, Dawg. | 我只是想知道谁是你的”哥们” 哥们 |
[41:41] | What’s this some psychology, huh? | 你们这是心理战吗 |
[41:44] | Yeah, okay, uh, | 那好吧 |
[41:46] | “yo, please stop, stop. I’ll tell you everything I know.” | 哦 别说了 别说了 我把知道的一切都告诉你们 |
[41:50] | C’mon, Cheese. | 别这样 Cheese |
[41:54] | Who’s your Dawg? | 到底谁是你的哥们? |
[41:59] | hell no. You ain’t layin’ no bodies on me, man. | 不会吧 别想把他们赖在我身上 |
[42:02] | Lawyer time. | 律师该登场了 |
[42:04] | “He was my Dawg, man.” | “他是我哥们 伙计” |
[42:07] | “I ain’t sleep since I capped his ass.” | “自从杀了他我就没睡过一个好觉” |
[42:10] | “Lookin’ up at me all bloody and shit?” | “就在血泊里那么看着我” |
[42:15] | “Had much love for me even then.” | “他那时是那么爱我” |
[42:19] | “I ain’t never gonna find another…” | “我再也找不到像他那样的了” |
[42:25] | Man, you all some cold-ass motherfuckers, man. | 你们他妈的真是些冷血的混蛋 |
[42:30] | We got you on tape. | 我们已经全录下来了 |
[42:36] | So what happen, Cheese? | 到底发生了什么 Cheese |
[42:41] | I thought he punked me, alright? So I did what I had to do. | 我以为他丢了我的脸 所以我做了必须做的事 |
[42:45] | Which was… | 是什么呢 |
[42:47] | Lit him up. | 送他上了西天 |
[42:52] | Well, he’s talking anyway. | 不管怎样 他开口了 |
[42:58] | Well, what’s done is done. | 不过 覆水难收 |
[43:01] | But, maybe we can help you on this. | 也许我们可以帮帮你 |
[43:04] | How? You gonna bring him back? | 怎么帮 你能让他复活吗 |
[43:07] | No, on the consequences. | 不 但能给你条后路 |
[43:09] | Help us help you. | 帮我们 帮自己 |
[43:11] | – What? – Maybe we can trade up. | – 什么 – 也许我们可以做个交易 |
[43:14] | Trade up for what, man? For this? | 做什么交易? 为这个? |
[43:16] | – The fuck… – Proposition Joe. | – 搞毛 – Proposition Joe |
[43:19] | You give us Prop Joe and maybe we look at this whole thing with Dawg differently. | 你跟我们说说Prop Joe 我们也许在这案子上放你一马 |
[43:23] | Now, why would I be talkin’ about Prop Joe behind… | 我为啥要说Prop Joe啊 和这事….? |
[43:27] | You know what, man? I don’t even know no Prop Joe. | 你们瞧 我根本就不认识什么Prop Joe |
[43:30] | Okay, Dawg… | 好吧 哥们… |
[43:33] | which one of these is he? Where’s that body? | 到底哪个是他 他的尸体在哪 |
[43:36] | Where I left it most likely. | 应该就在我扔了他的地方吧 |
[43:39] | – Warehouse on the east side. – And he still there? | – 东边的仓库 – 他还在那儿? |
[43:42] | Far’s I know. ‘Less the SPCA come around. | 据我所知应该还在吧 除非动物保护协会去过了 |
[43:48] | What? | 什么 |
[43:50] | Looks like they broke him. | 看来他们突破了他 |
[43:53] | I got to say. You really showed me something on this. | 我不得不说 这次你们给我看到了点成绩 |
[44:00] | What can I possibly add to that except I owe you one, Cedric. | 我还能多说什么呢 我欠你个人情 Cedric |
[44:12] | You ever have one of those have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too days? | 你有过鱼和熊掌兼得的经历吗? |
[44:17] | I believe this could be my first. | 这应该会是我的第一次 |
[44:23] | Tell me something good. | 告诉我点好消息吧 |
[44:25] | We’re charging him. | 我们要告他 |
[44:27] | Improper disposal of an animal. | 处置动物不当 |
[44:28] | Discharging a firearm in city limits. | 越限开枪 |
[44:31] | Animal cruelty, if you wanna run wild with it. | 如果你想搞大 就告他虐待动物吧 |
[44:39] | Go ahead. Call me a cocksucker. | 说吧 说我是个玻璃 |
[44:42] | – You know you wanna. – Excuse me? | – 你知道你想 – 什么 |
[44:44] | You know, I actually looked up the stats on Gus Triandos. | 你知道 我还真去查了Gus Triandos的资料 |
[44:48] | Power hitter, right? | 还是个”强棒”呢 对吧?(双关 操起人来也狠) |
[44:52] | Fuck the both of you. | 你们两个去死吧 |
[45:08] | Later, dawg. | 回见 “兄弟” |
[45:10] | Kiss my ass. | 滚吧 |
[45:14] | – Night, Bunk. – night. | – 晚安 Bunk – 晚安 |
[45:19] | Funny day… | 今天真有意思… |
[45:21] | I’m the new departmental pet for shutting down a drug war, | 我是阻止了毒品大战的局里新宠 |
[45:25] | but I blew my wire for a dead terrier. | 却因一条死狗暴露了整个监听行动 |
[45:34] | You remember how you said | 你记得你是怎么说的吗 |
[45:37] | you hoped today would be your first | 你希望今天是你的第一次 |
[45:39] | have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too day? | 鱼和熊掌兼得的好日子 |
[45:43] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[46:10] | Okay, gents. | 好吧 先生们 |
[46:11] | You see the brake lights pump twice, | 你们看到刹车灯闪两次 |
[46:13] | you know we got a clean hand-to-hand. | 就意味着我们钓鱼成功 |
[46:20] | So I get in this morning and I’m looking at | 我今天早上进办公室看到 |
[46:23] | three phone messages from Buddy Ferraro over at D.P.W. | 公共福利部Buddy Ferraro 给我的三条留言 |
[46:27] | All assuring me that I’ll have 20 radio cars | 保证把20辆带无线警车 |
[46:31] | back in service at the end of the week. | 在这周之前还给我 |
[46:33] | Buddy and my old man go way back. | Buddy和父亲是老交情了 |
[46:36] | Made their first communion together at St. Leo’s. | 他们同在圣里欧教堂接受了”初次圣礼”(儿童初次领食圣餐) |
[46:43] | So… | 那么 |
[46:45] | what else do you need? | 你还需要什么 |
[46:48] | You didn’t go to the Mayor with it? | 你不是直接找的市长吧? |
[46:49] | Did you get your cars? | 你拿没拿到车? |
[46:52] | Did anyone get fucked over it? | 有谁因此遭殃吗? |
[46:53] | Or did your job just get a little easier? | 还是你工作变得更轻松了? |
[47:01] | I got 70 cops retiring at the end of the year. | 今年年底我有70个警员退休 |
[47:04] | That I know of and no money for an academy class. | 据我所知 他们没有培训新员的钱 |
[47:08] | The Mayor fucked you | 你被市长玩了 |
[47:09] | ’cause I know that money was in the budget. | 因为我知道预算里原来是有这笔钱的 |
[47:11] | The Mayor delayed it till next summer. | 市长把它推迟到了明年夏天 |
[47:14] | Less troops, less salary, less bennies. | 少点警察 就可以少点工资 少点津贴 |
[47:17] | Even a six-month delay saves the city two, three million. | 即使是只推迟6个月 也可以给市里省下2到3百万 |
[47:22] | Lemme talk to some people. | 让我找人谈谈 |
[48:33] | Yeah. | 喂 |
[48:34] | – Major Colvin? – Yeah. | – Colvin警司? – 是 |
[48:39] | I’m sorry to call you this late, | 对不起这么晚给您打电话 |
[48:41] | but we have an officer down in your district. | 但是有个警察在您的辖区受伤了 |
[48:45] | Which hospital? | 哪个医院 |
[48:53] | I, ah, just got the lease, so… | 我才刚租下 所以有点… |
[49:08] | Fucking solo cars! | 去他妈的单枪匹马! |
[49:10] | I shoulda teamed him. I fucked up. | 我应该和他组队的 我搞砸了 |
[49:12] | Dead-ass motherfucker’s dead. | 混蛋动都不动 |
[49:15] | We catch up to him, he don’t come in alive. | 我们追上他的时候 已经醒不过来了 |
[49:19] | Right? | 是吧? |
[49:30] | Nicked jugular, shattered jaw. | 擦过颈部 下巴被击碎 |
[49:35] | He’ll live. | 命保住了 |
[49:45] | Hand me one of those. | 给我一罐吧 |
[49:51] | I just got back from shock-trauma. | 我刚从急创室回来 |
[49:55] | You guys saved his ass getting him down as fast as you did. | 多亏了你们的及时送救 救了他一命 |
[49:59] | So what we got for a suspect? | 有疑犯的体貌特征吗? |
[50:02] | Number one male, white t-shirt. Baggy jeans, tennis shoes. | 头号嫌犯 男性 白衬衫 宽松的牛仔裤 网球鞋 |
[50:06] | In the wind, but we’re locking it down out there. | 仍然在逃 但我们已经封锁了那里 |
[50:10] | So what’s this I hear about the gun? | 我听到的那把枪呢? |
[50:14] | Doze tried to return fire, he dropped his piece. | Doze想要回击 结果枪掉了 |
[50:16] | Some fuck picks it up and books. | 有个混蛋捡起来跑了 |
[50:19] | I mean I can’t believe this shit. | 我真它妈的不敢相信 |
[50:24] | I’ll take it. | 给我吧 |
[50:33] | No, no, no… | 不不不… |
[51:08] | It’ll be nicer when I fix the place up. | 等我整理好了 这地方会好点 |
[51:12] | Cedric… Cedric… | |
[51:14] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[51:26] | No, tell him I’m cooked. I just got done at the hospital, I’m all in. | 不 告诉他我累得直打瞌睡 我刚从医院那出来 筋疲力尽 |
[51:29] | Well, he was askin’ if you could maybe talk to the reporters. | 他问你能不能跟记者谈谈 |
[51:32] | He doesn’t want me talking to reporters right now. | 他现在不会想让我和记者谈的 |
[51:34] | – Alright. – That would truly be unwise. | – 好吧 – 那太不明智了 |
[51:36] | – Alright, alright, I’ll tell him. – Alright. | – 好吧 好吧 我会告诉他的 – 好的 |
[51:42] | Bunny. You look hellacious. | Bunny 你看起来气色很差 |
[51:46] | You got coffee going in there? | 你那有咖啡吗 |
[51:50] | You know what I was thinking? | 你知道我是怎么想的吗 |
[51:53] | Tonight’s a good night. Why? | 今晚其实挺好的 知道为什么吗 |
[51:57] | Because my shot cop didn’t die. | 因为中枪的警察没有死 |
[52:01] | And it hit me… | 这让我突然想到 |
[52:04] | this is what makes a good night on my watch: | 在我还当班的日子里 已经算是不错的晚上了 |
[52:08] | Absence of a negative. | 没有人死 |
[52:10] | That was a good night. | 确实是个不错的晚上 |
[52:13] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[52:16] | Six months from now? I’m gone. | 再过六个月 我就走了 |
[52:21] | I put in my 30 | 30年了 |
[52:23] | and the only thing that’ll be left of me on that job is an | 我只在西区大厅留下了 |
[52:26] | eight-by-eleven framed picture in the western hallway. | 一张8*12的照片 |
[52:30] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[52:33] | The shit out there, | 这个狗屁世道 |
[52:35] | the city, | 这个城市 |
[52:37] | is worse than when I first came on. | 比我刚来的时候更乱了 |
[52:40] | So what does that say about me? | 人们会怎么说我呢? |
[52:44] | About my life… | 我这一生啊… |
[52:47] | Aw, c’mon, man. You’re talking about drugs. | 别这样 那可是毒品啊 |
[52:50] | That’s a force of nature. | 不可抗拒啊 |
[52:52] | That’s sweeping leaves on a windy day whoever the hell you are. | 就像是风扫落叶 管你是谁 |
[52:56] | You fought the good fight… | 你打了漂亮的一仗… |
[53:12] | Not a call since we gave it up to Cheese. | 自从向Cheese露了底 就再没听到一个电话 |
[53:15] | What did you expect? | 你以为呢 |
[53:19] | Attention. | 起立 |
[53:31] | Be seated. | 坐下吧 |
[53:40] | Regarding officer Dozerman, | 关于Dozerman警官 |
[53:43] | His condition has been upgraded to guarded. | 他已经转入重症监护房 |
[53:48] | ‘Till he can receive visits, | 在他能接受访客之后 |
[53:50] | he’s beemoved to the recovery unit. | 会被转移到康复病房 |
[53:54] | As of this tour, | 这次行动以后 |
[53:56] | all hand-to-hand undercover buys of C.D.S. | 所有对非法贩毒者实施的诱捕行动 |
[54:01] | Are suspended in the Western District. | 将在西区全面暂停 |
[54:08] | Somewheres | 以前 |
[54:10] | back in the dawn of time | 很久以前 |
[54:14] | this district had itself a civic dilemma of epic proportions. | 这个地区曾经历过 一次史无前例的困境 |
[54:19] | The city council had just passed a law | 市委员会通过了一项法律 |
[54:21] | that forbid alcoholic consumption in public places. | 即禁止在公共场所消费酒精饮料 |
[54:26] | On the streets | 大街上 |
[54:28] | and on the corners. | 巷子里 |
[54:31] | But the corner is, and it was and it always will be | 无论是过去 现在 或将来 小巷子一直都是 |
[54:35] | the poor man’s lounge. | 穷人们休息之所 |
[54:37] | It’s where a man wants to be on a hot summer’s night. | 炎夏的夜晚他们就在小巷子里乘凉 |
[54:40] | It’s cheaper than a bar, | 那比酒吧便宜 |
[54:42] | catch a nice breeze, watch the girls go by. | 可以吹着晚风 看着路过的美女 |
[54:46] | But the law’s the law | 但是法律就是法律 |
[54:49] | and the western cops rollin’ by, | 如果西区巡警经过 |
[54:52] | what were they gonna do? | 他们该怎么做 |
[54:54] | If they arrested every dude out there for tipping back a high life | 如果因为这样就逮捕他们 |
[54:57] | there’d be no other time for any other kind of police work. | 他们就没有时间去办别的案子了 |
[55:00] | And if they looked the other way? | 如果他们不呢 |
[55:03] | They’d open themselves to all kinds of flaunting, | 那些人就会洋洋得意 |
[55:08] | all kinds of disrespect. | 失去应有的敬意 |
[55:13] | Now, this is before my time when it happened but, | 虽然这是发生在我上任之前 |
[55:17] | somewheres back in the 50s or 60s, | 但在50到60年代之间 |
[55:21] | there was a small moment of | 有一个天才的无名小卒 |
[55:23] | goddamn genius by some nameless smokehound | 发明了一个该死的方法 |
[55:26] | who comes out the cut-rate one day | 一天他从促销店里出来 |
[55:28] | and on his way to the corner, | 在去巷子的路上 |
[55:31] | he slips that just-bought pint of Elderberry | 他把刚买的一品脱果酒 |
[55:35] | into a paper bag. | 放到了一个纸袋里 |
[55:38] | A great moment of civic compromise. | 这是全民妥协的一个伟大的时刻 |
[55:42] | That small wrinkled-ass paper bag | 那个小小 皱皱的纸袋 |
[55:46] | allowed the corner boys to have their drink in peace | 让巷子里的人们可以 安安心心地喝酒了 |
[55:50] | and gave us permission | 也让我们 |
[55:53] | to go and do police work. | 可以去办警察的差事 |
[55:58] | The kind of police work that’s actually worth the effort, | 那些值得我们努力去办的案子 |
[56:04] | that’s worth actually taking a bullet for. | 那些值得我们中弹的案子 |
[56:10] | Dozerman Dozerman, | |
[56:12] | he got shot last night trying to buy… | 他昨晚中弹 不过是为了 |
[56:15] | three vials. | 买这三支毒品 |
[56:17] | Three! | 三支! |
[56:28] | There’s never been a paper bag… | 从来没有一个纸袋 |
[56:31] | for drugs. | 装过毒品 |
[56:40] | Until now. | 直到这一刻 |
[56:49] | If we ain’t doing hand-to-hands, then what the fuck? | 如果我们不搞诱捕 我们还能怎么样? |
[56:53] | And that shit with the bag? | 什么他妈的破纸袋啊 |
[56:55] | What the fuck is that? | 它妈的搞毛! |