时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | But it’s a snail, you see, and it go–it go, “Meow.” | 但他是只蜗牛 懂吗 叫的时候却是”喵” |
[00:13] | – It’s a what, now? What? – It meows. | – 他是什么 怎么叫 – 喵喵叫 |
[00:16] | Then it ooze all up SpongeBob’s belly Iike it’s his pet and shit. | 接着他在海绵宝宝肚子上爬来爬去 就像他宠物什么的 |
[00:20] | Yo, y’all niggers watch too many cartoons, I swear. | 你们几个动画看太多了 |
[00:23] | Pandemic Pandemic | |
[00:25] | Hey! Look, see, this is what’s wrong with the justice system right here. | 看见没 这就是司法体系的症结所在 |
[00:29] | Niggers get locked up and they don’t stay that way. | 人被关进去却待不长 |
[00:31] | They make it hard to take this shit serious. | 让人很难严肃对待这体系啊 |
[00:34] | – What, you snitchin’ or something? – Shit no, man. | – 怎么 你告密了咋地 – 靠 没有 |
[00:36] | You know they only gave me, like, four, right? | 你知道他们只让我服了4个月 对吧 |
[00:38] | Know what I’m saying? I done 15 months. | 知道我怎么说吗 我愿服完15个月 |
[00:40] | So with good time, I’m like, “Man, what the fuck?” | 能出来快活 我就想 “管他呢” |
[00:43] | – Shit. – Yeah, man. | – 靠 – 就是这样 伙计 |
[00:45] | So… | 那… |
[00:47] | Yeah, man, it ain’t like it was, but it’ll do. | 今时不同往日了 但会好起来的 |
[00:52] | So who we slinging for? | 现在我们是替谁卖 |
[00:54] | – Marlo Stanfield. Yo, man, yeah. – Come on, man! | – Marlo Stanfield 嗯 知道 – 拜托 伙计 |
[00:57] | I was getting this nice package from Slim Charles, but… | 我从Slim Charles那弄了不少好货 但… |
[01:00] | Marlo got the muscle to hold us down, so that’s where we at. | Marlo有帮打手压制着我们 只好这样 |
[01:04] | Shit, one boss same as the next, man. | 靠 哪个大哥都一样 |
[01:07] | Make sure they ain’t sleepin’, all right? | 看着别让他们睡着了 好吗 |
[01:08] | Hey, yo, Little Kev, | 嘿 小Kev |
[01:10] | I told you about the boy, Poot, right? | 我跟你提起过他 Poot 对吧 |
[01:11] | – Yeah. Pussy hound. | 嗯 萝莉杀手 |
[01:13] | – You just home? How long in? – 15 months. | – 刚出来? 关多久 – 15个月 |
[01:17] | – You got laid yet? – Shit, I think I already been burnt. | – 出来玩过女人了吗 – 靠 我觉得我已经中招了 |
[01:20] | – Shit, I might need a ride to the clinic today. – ?? | 靠 今天得让谁载我去趟诊所 |
[01:24] | I see ain’t shit changed around this joint. | 我发现这地方一点没变嘛 |
[01:26] | On the wall, gents. | 靠墙站着 同志们 |
[01:29] | Make this easy on all of us. Which one of youse is Little Kevin? | 大家行个方便 你们谁是小Kevin? |
[01:33] | Come on, fellas. It ain’t no big deal. | 拜托 伙计们 没啥大不了的 |
[01:35] | We just need some face time with the motherfucker. | 我们只是要跟那混小子聊聊 |
[01:37] | Your name Kevin? | 你叫Kevin? |
[01:40] | No, this is, uh– Poot. I’m Poot, yo. | – 不 这位是… – Poot 我叫Poot |
[01:43] | Poot, right, yeah. Didn’t you get locked up or shot or something? | Poot 对哦 你不是被关了还是中枪了吗 |
[01:46] | Society say l deserve another chance. | 假释委员会认为该再给我一次机会 |
[01:48] | Yeah? Let’s see. Which one of these dickheads here is Little Kevin? | 是吗 走着瞧吧 这里哪个傻帽是小Kevin? |
[01:50] | – Man, I don’t know no Kevin. – Society can bite my dick. | – 伙计 我不认识什么Kevin – 真该让假释委员会啃我鸡巴了 |
[01:53] | Come on, Bodie. I know this kid works up here with you. | 拜托 Bodie 我知道这孩子跟你混 |
[01:55] | – What’s your name? – Do I look little to you? | – 你叫什么名字 – 你看我很小吗 |
[01:56] | All right. Fuck this. Everyone under 150 lbs or 5’6″ is in the cab. | 好吧 去他的 体重小于150磅或矮于5尺6的都给我上车 |
[02:01] | You, you, and you. | 你 你 还有你 |
[02:02] | And unless I see birth certificates saying otherwise, you’re my Little Kevins. | 除非你们出生证明是不是这么写的 你们就是我的小Kevin们 |
[02:06] | And if that don’t get it, we’re coming the fuck back. ?? | 如果这样还找不到 我们还会再来 懂吗 |
[02:18] | You got any paper on you? | 你有被其他通缉吗 |
[02:20] | Man, fuck if I know. | 我知道个屁 |
[02:22] | These police out here knew how to flip it even just a little, | 这些警察要是知道哪怕稍微查查 |
[02:25] | my shit would be in handcuffs. You know? | 我就该戴着手铐了 知道吗 |
[02:28] | They don’t know shit. | 不专业啊 |
[02:30] | Damn! | 靠 |
[04:19] | You my ride? | 你做我司机? |
[04:23] | I’m your motherfucking savior, is what I am. | 我他妈来做你救星 |
[04:28] | Told y’all Andre was lying on me, yo. | 早告诉过你Andre是在陷害我 |
[04:30] | I didn’t do it for you. | 我不是为你这么做的 |
[04:32] | Fact is… | 事实上… |
[04:34] | if I could work back on whatever cases I already caught, | 如果我能把我结了的案子再翻出来 |
[04:36] | you might be going right back inside. | 你立马就得滚进去 |
[04:39] | I know. | 知道 |
[04:41] | – So who did kill that delivery girl? – I don’t know. | – 所以是谁杀了那个跑腿妹 – 不知道 |
[04:43] | Know it wasn’t Andre. His blood don’t run that kind of cold. | 我知道不是Andre 他没那么冷血 |
[04:48] | Who he getting his package from? | 他从谁那儿拿货 |
[04:51] | Saying I could go back to the crib and bear up, | 我可以再去那个藏毒点吓吓他们 |
[04:54] | find some things out for you if you want me to– | 打探一下 如果你愿意的话 |
[04:55] | – You owe me, motherfucker. – I’m saying I knowa I do, man. | – 你欠我的 混球 – 我知道我该怎么做 伙计 |
[04:58] | And if you want to pay down any part of this debt, you know what you gotta do for me? | 如果你想还我 知道该怎么做吗 |
[05:02] | No more bodies. | 不许再杀人 |
[05:06] | No more fucking bodies from you. | 别再背上人命 |
[05:08] | No more comebacks or get-evens on this. | 别再反击 别再报复 |
[05:13] | No more killing. | 别再杀戮 |
[05:17] | You owe me your word. | 你欠我一句话 |
[05:23] | All right, man. No bodies on me. | 好吧 伙计 我不杀人 |
[05:32] | You really want to ease my mind, you’ll let me drive you down to Aberdeen rail station, | 真想让我放心 就让我载你去Aberdeen火车站 |
[05:36] | – put you on a northbound train. – Naw, man. | – 把你送上北行的列车 – 不行 伙计 |
[05:39] | Baltimore’s all I know. | 我就熟巴尔的摩 |
[05:41] | You know what it is like, homey. | 你知道家的感觉的 |
[05:44] | Man gotta live what he know, right? | 人总得活在自己熟悉的地方 对吧 |
[05:49] | You’re absolutely right. There are many significant factors to consider, | 你说得很对 有很多重要因素需要考虑 |
[05:52] | but getting crime under control is | 但控制犯罪 |
[05:54] | key to sparking investment here, jump-starting growth. | 是激励投资 起动经济增长的关键 |
[05:57] | If you make it safe, they will come. | 如果你能保证安全 就会有投资 |
[05:58] | Well, I hate to begin our beautiful relationship with my hand out, | 我不想以伸手要钱来开始我们美好的关系 |
[06:01] | but I’m told that two federal grants to my office dry up this year. | 但据说我办公室的两项联邦拨款今年黄了 |
[06:05] | That’s right. Come the first of the year, | 没错 年初的时候 |
[06:06] | those DOJ grants evaporate, and you’re out 12 prosecutors. | 这笔司法部拨款就没影儿了 而你还有12个公诉人要养活 |
[06:09] | Well, I was hoping you’d be able to absorb that in the general fund, | 我还指着你能用普通基金资助一下 |
[06:12] | maybe even throw in a little bit more, | 也许还能多给点 |
[06:13] | make it competitive with the PD and Attorney General’s jobs– | 好跟警局和检察长有得一拼 |
[06:16] | starts the turnover. It’s killing us. | 加入点新鲜血液 现在这样我们快挂了 |
[06:18] | This would be the time to do it. I mean, we’re over the revenue expected | 那现在正是时候 我是说 今年收入超过预期 |
[06:21] | for this point in the fiscal year next to the real estate market. | 财政年正赶上房地产市场火爆 |
[06:24] | How much past? ‘Cause l want to come out of the box | 超了多少 因为我想立即 |
[06:26] | with a big bump in police salaries, in particular the commissioner’s salary, | 给警察大幅加薪 尤其是局长的薪水 |
[06:29] | which needs to jump, like, 50 grand. | 要涨大概5万 |
[06:31] | Well, a good guess would be a one-shot surplus of about 20 million. | 乐观估计大概一次性盈余两千万 |
[06:34] | But that’s rainy-day money for more than crime. | 但那是应急储备 不能光用在打击犯罪上 |
[06:37] | Word around North Avenue is that the schools are running a deficit. | 北大街那边传言学校都在亏损 |
[06:39] | Excuse me. Did you say a 50,000 bump for Ervin Burrell? | 不好意思 你刚刚是说 给Ervin Burrell加薪5万? |
[06:42] | Well, no, not for Burrell per se. | 准确的说不是给Burrell的 |
[06:44] | Oh, for the next police commissioner, then. | 那就是给下任局长咯 |
[06:46] | – That’s what you mean? – Well, looking ahead, it makes sense. | – 你是这个意思吗 – 考虑到将来 这是有道理的 |
[06:48] | Because firing Burrell would upset a good-sized block of my constituency, | 炒了Burrell会让我一大票选民不安 |
[06:51] | not to mention the ministers. | 更别提部长们了 |
[06:52] | And I think the budget chair might have a difficult time | 我想预算主席也会为 |
[06:54] | allowing a higher salary to be approved. | 批准这么高的薪水辗转不安吧 |
[06:57] | In fact, I can guarantee if that proposal’s in the budget– | 事实上 我可以保证 如果这个提议进入预算 |
[07:00] | your first, for the record– | 你记住 你的首个议案 |
[07:02] | the bill won’t come out of committee intact. | 就没法完整地被委员会通过 |
[07:04] | I’m just saying that in the event Commissioner Burrell were to leave, | 我只是说 最终Burrell局长会离职 |
[07:07] | we’d want to bump that salary in order to attract the best candidates, | 我们想涨薪以吸引最好的继任者 |
[07:11] | in particular the best African-American candidates from across the nation. | 特别是国内最优秀的非裔美国人 |
[07:14] | With three years left in his term, why would he leave? | 他任期还有三年 怎么会离职 |
[07:18] | Councilman, what may not have been obvious to you on the Public Safety Subcommittee | 议员 公共安全委员会的情况 你可能还不太了解 |
[07:22] | is that the budget process is a carefully orchestrated ballet, | 预算程序是个小心谨慎 精心安排的过程 |
[07:26] | a cooperative effort between the branches of government. | 是政府各机关通力合作的成果 |
[07:29] | Well, Madam President, the nuances of that cooperative effort | 主席女士 这一通力合作成功的细微差别 |
[07:32] | are beginning to come into focus for me. | 我渐渐开始明白了 |
[07:45] | Thank you, Madam President. | 谢谢你 主席女士 |
[07:52] | Come on in, everyone. Don’t wait by the door. | 进来吧 各位 别在门边站着 |
[07:55] | Duquan, you’re here. | Duquan 你坐这 |
[07:57] | Randy, you’re here. No, you two switch. | Randy 你坐这 不 你俩换个位 |
[08:00] | Calvin, you’re here in the front. | Calvin 你坐前排 |
[08:02] | Quenice, you’re here. Michael, you’re here. | Quenice 你坐这 Michael 你坐这 |
[08:05] | Destiny, here. Myesha, here. | Destiny 这儿 Myesha 这儿 |
[08:08] | Dashonda, here. | Dashonda 这儿 |
[08:10] | Come on, keep moving. Don’t stop at the door. | 快 进来 别在门边站着 |
[08:12] | Come in. Let’s get started. | 进来 开始上课了 |
[08:25] | Could be a problem. | 可能会有麻烦 |
[08:28] | How so? | 为什么 |
[08:29] | Your boy been assigned to what they call the Major Crimes Unit. | 重案组盯上你的人了 |
[08:32] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[08:33] | They the motherfuckers that did the last three city wiretaps– | 那帮混球之前搞了三次市级的窃听 |
[08:36] | one where they bugged Barksdale’s office, | 一次窃听了Barksdale的办公室 |
[08:38] | another where they hit Kentel up in Park Heights. | 一次在Park Heights窃听了Kentel |
[08:41] | And the last one– shit. | 最近一次 靠 |
[08:43] | They was all up on Stringer Bell’s cell phone. | Stringer Bell的电话被他们听了个遍 |
[08:46] | You ain’t still using burners, is you? | 你不是还在用即弃型手机吧 |
[08:47] | I’m dumping them every two weeks. | 我每两周扔一次 |
[08:49] | Not good enough. | 还不够 |
[08:52] | You read that. | 看看吧 |
[08:53] | You’ll see that Stringer was changing his number every damn day | 你会发现Stringer每天换个号码 |
[08:56] | and they still pulled the motherfucker’s voice off a goddamn cell phone tower. | 他们还是从个该死的手机信号塔中 提取出了他的声音 |
[09:00] | City police did that? | 市警干的? |
[09:05] | – Where’d you get this? – Courthouse clerk’s office. | – 你从哪弄来的 – 法院书记员办公室 |
[09:10] | Hey, the shit’s open to the public after they finish prosecuting your ass. | 他们起诉完后这东西就会向公众公开 |
[09:15] | You need to lose them cell phones, son. | 你得放弃手机 孩子 |
[09:17] | Me– | 至于我 |
[09:19] | I ain’t as so much as touched a burner in a year. | 我一年内都不碰手机 |
[09:45] | – 5’9″ and 3/8? – You got it. | – 5尺9又8分之3寸 – 没错 |
[09:49] | Now, hold the measure and spread your arms out to the side. | 现在拿着尺子 张开双臂 |
[09:53] | What you got? | 干什么呢 |
[09:54] | I want one. | 我也想要 |
[09:56] | So, your cat can eat ’em? | 给你的猫吃吗 |
[09:57] | So, how’d you find them? | 你怎么找到的 |
[10:02] | I’m going to the calculators. | 我去用计算器 |
[10:06] | Give me that. | 给我 |
[10:08] | – Give it here. – The same. | – 给我 – 一样长 |
[10:10] | Your height and your arm span– identical. | 你身高和臂展等长 |
[10:14] | Quenice? Quenice? | |
[10:15] | See, look. You about to get me in trouble. | 看吧 你要害我被骂了 |
[10:17] | So, you say you like to box, right? | 你说你喜欢拳击 对吧 |
[10:19] | You must have some kind of reach. | 你会有不错的成绩哦 |
[10:22] | Everything cheap on computers if you know where to look for it. | 只要你知道上哪找 电脑上的东西都很便宜 |
[10:24] | Yo, this mean the price I’m getting from the Koreans, | 就是说我从韩国人那拿货的价 |
[10:27] | yo, they still marking it up some. | 还是有水分 |
[10:29] | They gotta be. I can make twice as much using this here. | 肯定是这样 我用这个能赚上两倍 |
[10:32] | Uh-uh. | 不成 |
[10:35] | Can’t. | 没戏 |
[10:41] | All this along the lower Patapsco Westport area is ready for a turn. | 沿低Patapsco Westport区域 所有这些地段可以改建了 |
[10:45] | The proximity to downtown and the B.W. Parkway | 临近市中心地区和巴-华干道 |
[10:47] | make it ideal for Washington commuters. | 专为去华盛顿上班的人而设 |
[10:49] | – That’s a given. – Anything to speed it up? | – 规划是这样的 – 有什么能加速经济增长的吗 |
[10:51] | A harbor promenade could work, going west from both sides of the bridge. | 港口步道就可以 从桥的两端向西延伸 |
[10:54] | The South Harbor Promenade, brought to you by– | 南港步道 |
[10:57] | – Mayor Thomas Carcetti– – and the citizens of Baltimore. | – 由Thomas Carcetti市长 – 巴尔的摩市民为您呈现 |
[11:00] | Doesn’t quite have the same ring as a stadium or an aquarium expansion, does it? | 跟建体育馆和扩建水族馆 不在一个档次上 不是吗 |
[11:04] | It’s a start. Further east, you’ve got the Locust Point Marine Terminal, | – 这是个开始 – 再往东 就是Locust Point水产口岸 |
[11:07] | which, unfortunately, is still a working enterprise, | 很不幸 那里还在运营 |
[11:10] | and the further you go into Brooklyn/Curtis Bay, | 越接近Brooklyn/Curtis湾 |
[11:12] | the more the skyline disappears. | 地平线就越被遮挡 |
[11:14] | We lose the Washington crowd. | 这样我们就损失了华盛顿的居民 |
[11:15] | For that part of the waterfront, you’re gonna need a different draw. | 那部分滨水地区需要不同的规划 |
[11:18] | – Casinos? – Oh, the urban planning default? | – 赌场? – 城市规划默认项? |
[11:20] | I don’t want to see the kind of crime that comes with casinos. | 我可不想见到随之而来的犯罪 |
[11:22] | – Tax base is tax base. – This is where I get off the boat. | – 税基毕竟是税基 – 这样我可不干了 |
[11:25] | It’s one thing to sell waterfront for tax base, | 为了税基出卖滨水区是一回事 |
[11:27] | but now you’re just sucking paychecks out of my community. | 想赚我社区的钱又是另一回事了 |
[11:29] | Well, it was just a thought. And, anyway, | 这只是个想法 无论如何 |
[11:32] | we’re getting ahead of ourselves. | 我们讨论过头了 |
[11:33] | This is just the first long meeting of many. | 这只是为数众多的漫长会议中的第一次 |
[11:36] | So, thanks to everyone, and we’ll continue this later. | 感谢各位 我们稍后继续 |
[11:45] | Madam President, a word with you? | 主席女士 跟你聊聊好吗 |
[11:48] | Do you have a minute? | 有空吗 |
[11:51] | You and me, we got a problem already? | 你我这就有分歧了? |
[11:55] | Just trying to help guide you through the process, Mr. Mayor… | 只是想帮你搞清楚程序 当选的… |
[12:00] | …Elect. | …市长先生 |
[12:02] | Felt more like you were dragging me across a minefield, Nerese. | 感觉更像是你把我拖过雷区 Nerese |
[12:05] | – Why you so pissed off at me? – Look. | – 你为什么这么恼我 – 听着 |
[12:07] | Clarence shouldn’t have run again for any number of reasons. | Clarence本来不论什么原因都不会再参选 |
[12:09] | I was ready to step up, | 我已经准备好上位了 |
[12:11] | and the deal was cut long ago that he’d back me when the time came. | 这是早就谈好的交易 时机一到他就会支持我 |
[12:14] | You and Tony– | 你和Tony… |
[12:15] | you guys jumped the line. It wasn’t your turn. | 你们插队了 本来还没轮到你们 |
[12:18] | Oh, whoa. Whoa. | 哇哦 哇哦 |
[12:20] | First of all, I’m sorry if Tony and I ruined your party plans, | 首先 我很抱歉 如果Tony和我毁了你的庆功宴 |
[12:23] | but I wasn’t privy to whatever you and Clarence cooked up. | 但我对你和Clarence的小灶毫不知情 |
[12:25] | That aside, I was kind of looking forward to working closely together. | 撇开这些不谈 我还期望我们能亲密合作呢 |
[12:30] | I think that we could make things happen. | 我想我们能成一番大事 |
[12:34] | You’re only getting the one term, Tommy. | 你只有一届任期 Tommy |
[12:36] | I’m not gonna stand down next time. | 下届我可不会避战 |
[12:37] | What makes you think I’ll even be around that long? | 你凭什么认为我会待那么久 |
[12:40] | Governor’s race is in two years, and plans can change. | 州长竞选两年内就要开始了 计划是可以变动的 |
[12:43] | You might find yourself mayor in 2008 without so much as a campaign speech. | 你可能会发现到2008年 连竞选演讲都不用说 你已经是市长了 |
[13:01] | Wasn’t easy tracking you down. | 要找你还真不容易 |
[13:03] | The numbers I got for you don’t work no more. | 你原来给我的号码都不用了 |
[13:06] | I see you got a problem. | 看来你有麻烦了 |
[13:07] | Looking rough, Bubs. | 看着挺惨啊 Bubs |
[13:09] | I been keeping it clean, you know… | 我一直想把自己洗白 你知道的… |
[13:11] | pushing my carts and all. | 只推着我的小货车 |
[13:13] | But this one young man– | 但有个年轻人 |
[13:15] | every time I cross him, I get tossed for what I got on me. | 每次碰上我 就把我抢个清光 |
[13:17] | Cash, pills. | 现金 毒品 |
[13:19] | I mean, he look on me like an ATM or some shit, I swear. | 我发誓 他完全把我当提款机了 |
[13:23] | I’m ready to work, Kima. | 我可以帮你干活 Kima |
[13:24] | Get this motherfucker off me, I’ll do what you need. | 让那混球离我远点 我愿替你做牛做马 |
[13:26] | Look at me, Bubs. I ain’t in Narco. | 看着我 Bubs 我现在不在缉毒科了 |
[13:28] | Yeah, I see. You look nice. | 懂了 你看上去不错 |
[13:31] | I’m working homicides. | 我现在在凶杀科干 |
[13:32] | So, if the bad boy happen to kill me, you can help me out then, right? | 这么说 如果那坏小子把我杀了 你就能帮上忙了 对吧 |
[13:39] | If we drive around a bit, you think you can put eyes on this motherfucker? | 如果我们开车在这转转 你把那混球指给我看吗 |
[13:43] | I can try. | 试试吧 |
[13:49] | So, Nerese is bucking already. | 这么说 Nerese已经在找茬了 |
[13:51] | Feels like if the mayor’s chair ain’t gonna go to Royce, it should be hers. | 看样子如果Royce坐不上市长的位子 就该她来坐了 |
[13:54] | Problem is she’s gonna see any proposal to raise the commissioner’s salary | 问题是她会把任何一项为局长加薪的提议 |
[13:58] | as a move against Burrell. | 视为针对Burrell的行动 |
[13:59] | Which it is. | 本来就是啊 |
[14:00] | We can’t raise the salary, we can’t attract strong minority candidates. | 不能加薪 就不能吸引强势的少数派继任者 |
[14:02] | No strong candidates, we can’t get rid of the guy we got. | 没有强势的继任者 就会甩不掉手上的人 |
[14:06] | Fuck if I’m gonna live with Burrell as my commissioner. | 要容忍Burrell当局长真是操蛋 |
[14:09] | – What if he quits? – Quits? | – 要是他退出呢 – 退出? |
[14:12] | Maybe the man can be shamed. If he leaves on his own account, | 也许他感到羞愧 如果他依自己意愿退出 |
[14:14] | that takes us off the hook with Nerese and the ministers, right? | 我们就不会惹到Nerese和部长们了 |
[14:20] | No. I mean, we don’t want your credit card number. | 不 我是说 我们不是要你的信用卡号 |
[14:22] | I mean, we won’t even know the number. | 我们甚至不用知道卡号 |
[14:24] | We just need you to order the candy. | 我们只要你买下糖果 |
[14:27] | And you have cash up front? | 而你付得起现金? |
[14:28] | He pay you back, Mr. P. When he sell off, man, | 他可以还你 P先生 等他卖完后 |
[14:30] | – he gonna pay you back. – Yeah. | – 他会还你的 – 是啊 |
[14:33] | Points on the package, huh | 分红 |
[14:35] | – No way. – Aw, come on, Mr. Pryzbo. | – 不行 – 拜托啦 Pryzbo先生 |
[14:37] | I mean, doesn’t it teach us math? Addition, subtraction, uh, | 这不是能让我们学好数学么? 加 减 |
[14:41] | a quarter, a quarter of a dollar, a dime, a tenth, you know? | 四分之一 四分之一块 一毛 十分之一? |
[14:45] | No cash, no card. | 没现金 就不能用卡 |
[14:49] | All right. Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:51] | Cash up front. | 先给钱 |
[14:52] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[14:54] | And if you come in with a wad of bills tomorrow, Randy, | 如果你明天掏出一把钞票 Randy |
[14:58] | I want to know where they came from. | 得让我知道是哪来的 |
[15:00] | I don’t want either of you out on the corner. | 我不想你们在街角混 |
[15:02] | All right. | 行 |
[15:05] | Ms. Thiessen, you okay? | Thiessen女士 没事吧 |
[15:11] | I think my car’s been stolen. | 我想我车被偷了 |
[15:19] | Yeah, man. All right…so what I’m saying is | 伙计 好吧… 我的意思是 |
[15:22] | that you got from Bentlow down there to Rosewood right here. | 你从那儿的Bentlow那拿货 给那边的Rosewood |
[15:26] | All right? Now, I got the block from Monroe all the way down to Pacer, | 懂吗 现在我管着从Monroe直到Pacer的街角 |
[15:29] | so I got you covered from that side, | 所以从那边开始都要你来负责 |
[15:31] | but you gotta put lookouts in Franklintown to catch anybody coming from the other way. | 不过你要在Franklintown安排些望风的 注意从另一边来的人 |
[15:34] | – All right, I got you. – Are you ready to work? | – 好的 明白了 – 准备好干活了吗 |
[15:36] | Yeah, just get my re-up. We’ll go on about the shit for real. | 嗯 给我货源 就可以开干了 |
[15:39] | – No, are you ready to work? – Yeah. Ready to work. | – 不 你准备好了吗 – 准备好了 |
[15:44] | – Donut, go talk to Little Kevin for me. – All right. | – Donut 替我传话给小Kevin – 好的 |
[15:47] | – Watch the ride. – Hey, yo, look. | – 看着车 – 你听着 |
[15:48] | Man, please do not be having your mama come talk for you. | 伙计 千万别再让你妈来替你说话了 |
[15:52] | Man, I ain’t have her do nothing. | 伙计 我没让她来 |
[15:53] | She just get on her horse and come with it. | 她就这么过来了 |
[15:55] | Look. I done did everything I can for you and yours,but… | 听着 我现在可不想再事无巨细 帮你和你家人了… |
[15:59] | from here on, your moms can’t do nothing to help. All right? | 从现在开始 你妈妈们就帮不了你了 懂吗 |
[16:07] | Him | 他? |
[16:08] | From Wee-Bey? | Wee-Bey生的? |
[16:11] | Your moms? | 你几个妈啊? |
[16:23] | No sign of the motherfucker Andre. | 没见到混蛋Andre |
[16:25] | Store been padlocked a week. | 店关了一周了 |
[16:28] | Ain’t even calling for his re-up. | 也没见他打电话要货 |
[16:32] | Check the man at the jail? | 监狱里那小子怎样了 |
[16:35] | Yeah. People say Omar ain’t even been on the tier for two weeks, | 传言Omar两周没出现了 |
[16:38] | so he either staying someplace or they got him at county lock-up. | 他要么待在哪 要么被关郡里了 |
[16:42] | Or the charges been dropped. | 又或者诉讼撤销了 |
[16:45] | If this cocksucker’s sprung, my man is backing up on his story. | 如果那兔爷突然现身 他又会重操旧业 |
[16:50] | Mean he could back up on y’all. | 就是说他会找上你们 |
[16:54] | I’m on it. | 我盯着 |
[16:59] | How about the New York boys? | 纽约小子们怎么样了 |
[17:01] | We dropped five of them. The rest went to ground. | 干掉了五个 其他都躲起来了 |
[17:04] | Drive through East Baltimore, you don’t even see a Baltimore nigger with a Yankee cap. | 开车穿越东巴尔的摩 连个戴洋基帽子的人都看不到 |
[17:09] | Want us to stay on that, too? | 这边也要继续盯着吗 |
[17:12] | I talked to the fat man, | 我跟那肥佬谈过了 |
[17:14] | but I think we’re done there. | 到此为止了 |
[17:17] | This shit with Andre– job one. | Andre那破事 首要任务 |
[17:31] | No. We could try the avenue again. | 没有 我们可以再试试大街那边 |
[17:32] | He be behind the market sometimes. | 他有时在市集后面 |
[17:34] | Look, Bubs, I ain’t got all fucking day. | 听着 Bubs 我可没一整天陪你 |
[17:35] | I’m on shift work now. I’m working murders. | 我当班 要查谋杀案 |
[17:38] | He banked me four times this week, Kima. | 他这周抢了我四次 Kima |
[17:40] | I’m having dreams about this low-bottom motherfucker. | 我连做梦都要梦到那个没教养的混球了 |
[17:42] | All right.I tell you what– you want to work? | 好吧 这样吧 你想要工作? |
[17:45] | I’ll call Sydnor or Herc down at Major Crimes, | 我会告诉重案组的Sydnor或Herc |
[17:48] | put you with someone doing drug work. | 让你跟着某人查毒品 |
[17:50] | You work for them, they’ll help you with your problem.All right? | 你为他们做事 他们会帮你的 行吗 |
[17:54] | – I need this now, Kima. Woman– – I’ll tell them that. | – 我现在就要帮助 Kima 女人啊… – 我会告诉他们的 |
[17:57] | So show me where you’re living, | 告诉我你住哪 |
[17:59] | and I’ll tell them where they can find you. | 我让他们去找你 |
[18:02] | Make the left. | 左转 |
[18:13] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[18:15] | You told the man you not gonna kill no one. | 你告诉他 你不会杀人了 |
[18:18] | I gave my word on that. | 我答应他的 |
[18:22] | Fuck we doing back here then, Papa? | 那我们来这干嘛 老爸 |
[18:24] | I can still put a gun in Andre’s face, right? | 我还是可以拿枪指着Andre的脸 对吧 |
[18:28] | That man got some explaining to do. | 他得跟我做些解释 |
[18:34] | It’s dead out here, yo. | 这边是死路了 |
[18:36] | Tip on out. | 出去吧 |
[18:48] | I don’t know why he don’t trust us with it, yo. | 我不明白为什么他不相信我们 |
[18:50] | I mean, we trustworthy, ain’t we? | 我是说 我们值得信任 不是吗 |
[18:54] | Just gotta get enough for the first order. Then we’re good. | 只要筹齐第一笔订单的钱 就好办了 |
[19:05] | All right! Hard six! | 好 双六! |
[19:08] | Come on, trey! | 再来 Trey! |
[19:11] | I’m in. | 我也来 |
[19:12] | Go away, boy. | 走开 小鬼 |
[19:16] | – Oh, you in? – Yeah. | – 你要玩? – 对 |
[19:18] | Pass line for me, yo. | 赌过线 |
[19:22] | Oh, shit! | 该死 |
[19:24] | Yeah. Get that money. Get that money, shorty. | 收钱吧 收钱吧 小鬼 |
[19:27] | Get that money. | 收钱 |
[19:37] | I heard tell of it, but I didn’t believe it. | 我听说了 但一直不相信 |
[19:40] | All this overtime, all for two cases as a secondary. | 这么多加班费 只是两个助办的案子 |
[19:43] | First the names are red, | 名字先是红的 |
[19:44] | then they’re green, then they’re black. | 接着绿了 接着黑了 |
[19:47] | And that doesn’t even include the court pay you make if the soft case goes to trial. | 这还不包括案子上庭 法庭支付给你的 |
[19:52] | – Sweet. – So, what you gonna do with yours, Detective Greggs, huh? | – 真好 – 你准备用那笔钱干什么 Greggs警探? |
[19:56] | Pay down some debt. | 还债 |
[20:06] | – Why you leaving? – Your luck ain’t gonna change. | – 你走什么 – 你可是大杀四方啊 |
[20:09] | Don’t worry about that, man. | 别担心 伙计 |
[20:10] | Yo, thanks for walking us off. I thought we was gonna get banked. | 谢谢你陪我们走 我还怕会被打劫呢 |
[20:14] | You ain’t gonna bank us, is you? | 你不会打劫我们吧 |
[20:16] | Shit, boy. You think I’m that ungrateful? | 靠 你们觉得我就那么不感恩吗 |
[20:19] | I followed you through 10 shooters and made more money that I have in a month. | 我跟着你赌个10轮 比我一个月赢的还多 |
[20:25] | Nah. I ain’t gonna rob you. | 我不会抢你们的 |
[20:27] | I just need to know next time you fade a dice game. You feel? | 我只想知道你们下次什么时候 来玩骰子 懂吗 |
[20:30] | I mean, it’s all about the math, you know, the probabilities and all. | 我是说 这就是数学了 概率之类的 |
[20:33] | I ain’t never seen you in a game before. | 以前从没见你赌过 |
[20:35] | Where you learn your game? | 你上哪学来的 |
[20:37] | Edward Tilghman Middle. | Edward Tilghman中学 |
[20:38] | Shit. | 靠 |
[20:40] | All we got is Little Kevin. | 我们的线索只有小Kevin |
[20:42] | Oh, Bodie’s boy, huh? | Bodie的小弟? |
[20:44] | What’d I tell you? Bubs gets it the first time. Here. | 我说什么来着 Bubs消息灵通 来 |
[20:51] | Y’all meet up with me in the afternoon tomorrow– after school lets out– | 明天中午碰头 学校放学后 |
[20:54] | and I’ll give Kevin a new hat. | 我会给Kevin一顶新帽子 |
[20:56] | A hat trick? Cool. | 帽子把戏? 不错 |
[20:59] | – Yo, Herc, man? – What’s up? | – Herc 伙计? – 怎么 |
[21:02] | It’s not about the money this time. | 这次我可不是为了钱 |
[21:03] | He breaking me every day unless I give him something. | 每天我不给他点什么 他就找我麻烦 |
[21:06] | I can’t– I can’t take it anymore, man. | 我 我受不了了 伙计 |
[21:08] | Once we’re done with Kevin, you go find this asshole, | 我们搞定Kevin后 你去找那混蛋 |
[21:11] | hit my cell phone. | 打我手机 |
[21:13] | I’ll be on him five minutes later. | 我五分钟后就会出现在他面前 |
[21:15] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[21:22] | Then you add this, yo, and watch it fizzle. | 接着你倒进这个 看它嘶嘶响 |
[21:25] | Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Not so much. Not so much. | 哇哦 哇哦 别倒那么多 别那么多 |
[21:27] | You gonna make it spill everywhere, you see? | 这样会溢得到处都是的 |
[21:32] | What are you still doing here? Ain’t nobody want you here. | 你怎么还上这来 这里不欢迎你 |
[21:36] | – Your mama want me. – Yeah. You and the pipe. | – 你妈欢迎我 – 是啊 你和你老二 |
[21:40] | Shouldn’t talk about your mama like that, Michael. | 你不该这样说你妈 Michael |
[21:42] | Hey, Daddy, see my volcano? | 爸 看见我的火山了吗 |
[21:44] | – Bug, go upstairs. – okey | – Bug 上楼去 – 哦 |
[21:47] | Bug need me, too. | Bug也需要我 |
[21:50] | Saturday, right? | 周六 对吧 |
[21:53] | Bug need me. | Bug需要我 |
[21:54] | My teachers say I gotta need glasses. | 老师说我要戴眼镜 |
[21:56] | I gotta have an adult with me. | 需要个大人陪我 |
[21:58] | Pick ’em up. Sign for ’em. | 选眼镜 买单 |
[22:01] | Bug, go upstairs to your room. | Bug 回你楼上房间 |
[22:06] | Ice cold, boy. Where you be? | 冷漠啊 小鬼 你算什么 |
[22:11] | Ain’t got a forgiveness to your soul. | 你的灵魂得不到宽恕的 |
[22:14] | – Man, fuck you. – Watch your mouth. | – 去你的 – 注意用词 |
[22:17] | You’re big, but not big enough. | 你长大了 但还不够大 |
[22:21] | Now… | 现在… |
[22:23] | where’s that D.S.S. card? Your mama said that come to me. | 卡在哪 你妈说要给我 |
[22:26] | Ain’t nothing left on this month’s check anyway. | 反正这月也不会剩什么钱 |
[22:31] | Before the first of the month, then. | 那就下月初前给我 |
[22:55] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[22:59] | Uh, come on in. | 进来吧 |
[23:11] | I see the little man done took over the living room. | 看来小鬼把起居室都占了啊 |
[23:14] | – Good for him. – Well, you know how it goes. | – 不错嘛 – 你知道的啦 |
[23:17] | Well, I’m just messing with you. | 开玩笑的 |
[23:20] | Place looks great. Even the toys look like they belong. | 地方不错 玩具也很合 |
[23:26] | – This is… – this month and two going back. | – 这是… – 这个月和前两个月的 |
[23:29] | I’m just trying to catch up. | 我只是想把钱补上 |
[23:31] | I appreciate you not coming after me for it. | 感谢你没追着我要 |
[23:34] | Knocking over liquor stores now? | 洗劫了个酒厂? |
[23:36] | Overtime from Homicide. | 凶杀科的加班费 |
[23:39] | It stays like this, and I won’t have a problem coming up with my share. | 保持这水平 我付我那份就不成问题了 |
[23:43] | – Kima– – this ain’t, “Please take me back,” | – Kima – 我不是”求你再接受我” |
[23:46] | but a deal’s a deal, right? | 但说好的嘛 对吧 |
[23:50] | Hey, I’m home. | 我回来了 |
[23:53] | Hey, Elijah. | 嘿 Elijah |
[23:55] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[23:58] | Kima, this is Nancine Owens. | Kima 这位是Nancine Owens |
[24:01] | Sorry. The place is a mess. | 抱歉 地方很乱 |
[24:03] | You could stay for dinner, but… | 你可以留下来吃个饭 不过… |
[24:06] | tonight we have people coming over. | 今晚我们还有客人 |
[24:08] | It’s a kind of a celebration, actually. | 事实上 算个庆祝会吧 |
[24:10] | – Yeah? – I passed the bar this week. | – 哦? – 我这周过了律师考试 |
[24:13] | Huh. Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[24:15] | Most of the gals I work with have a problem with that. | 我工作上的那些女孩都有这问题 |
[24:18] | – With what? – Passing the bar. | – 什么问题 – 逃不出牢笼(跟过律师考试说法一致) |
[24:23] | Well, guess I better be going. | 我想我还是走吧 |
[24:25] | Thanks for coming past. | 谢谢你过来 |
[24:27] | – Let’s make bed… – Yeah. | – 我们铺个床… – 对 |
[24:29] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[24:31] | – Elijah? – Huh? | – Elijah? – 啊? |
[24:32] | – Say bye to Aunt Kima. – Bye. | – 跟Kima阿姨说再见 – 再见 |
[25:00] | – Where’s Dre? – I don’t know! | – Dre在哪 – 我不知道 |
[25:01] | – You believe her? – No. | – 你信吗 – 不信 |
[25:07] | One last time. Where’s Andre? | 最后问你一次 Andre在哪 |
[25:09] | He– he said if he told me where he was going, | 他说如果告诉我他在哪 |
[25:12] | I’d have to tell you. | 我会告诉你的 |
[25:14] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 不知道 |
[25:16] | You believe her now? | 这回信了吗 |
[25:19] | Yeah. | 信了 |
[25:29] | Dang. Sure is quiet this early. | 靠 这么早当然安静啦 |
[25:32] | Yo, you gonna come with me to see Mr. P? | 你跟我去见P先生吗 |
[25:35] | No, go on up. I’ll see you in homeroom. | 不 你去吧 教室见 |
[25:37] | All right. | 好 |
[25:44] | Mr. P. | P先生 |
[25:46] | Randy Randy. | |
[25:48] | – Randy, how did you– – six beats four or five. | – Randy 你怎么… – 六比四或五大 |
[25:51] | And most times eight is better than 10. Right? | 大部分时间八比十好 对吧 |
[25:53] | You schooled me good. | 你教导有方啊 |
[25:55] | – You gambled for this? – I didn’t even Pick up the dice. | – 你赌钱赢来的? – 我骰子也没碰 |
[25:57] | I was all, “Pass, no pass.” | 我就是在那说 “过线 不过线” |
[25:59] | Got to the point where some of them was following me in there. | 那里有群人还跟着我下注呢 |
[26:01] | – You shouldn’t gamble. – I know, | – 你不该赌博的 – 我知道 |
[26:03] | but I’m just saying, the math be right, Mr. P. | 但我是说 数学不可能错 P先生 |
[26:06] | But I’m gonna come back at lunch, and we can computer up that candy, all right? | 我午饭再回来 我们网购糖果 行吗 |
[26:09] | Peace. | 拜啦 |
[26:16] | Resign? | 辞职? |
[26:17] | Either that or the day-to-day running of the department falls | 要么这样 要么局里的日常指挥 |
[26:20] | to the Deputy Commissioner for Operations. | 移交给副局长 |
[26:25] | Erv, I have made no secret of wanting to make changes. | Erv 我不隐瞒我想要改变 |
[26:27] | Oh, so Bill Rawls is now the voice of reform, is he? | 这么说Bill Rawls现在是改革的呼声了? |
[26:31] | This isn’t about Rawls. | 这跟Rawls无关 |
[26:33] | I have no faith in you, given recent events. | 就近来发生的事 我不相信你 |
[26:35] | I know you remember the two of us sitting in this same booth a year ago, | 记得一年前我俩站在一起 |
[26:38] | you telling me about how you respect the chain of command. | 你告诉我说你尊重指挥链 |
[26:41] | Well, respect it now. | 现在尊重吧 |
[26:43] | Every department head serves at the pleasure of the mayor. | 每个部门的头头都乐意为市长效劳 |
[26:47] | So, if you’re firing me, Mr. Mayor, | 所以如果你炒了我 市长先生 |
[26:49] | I want you to know I will go quietly. | 你要知道 我会安静地离开 |
[26:52] | You’ll tender your letter of resignation? | 你会提交辞职信吗 |
[26:54] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[26:56] | I’m not offering to resign. | 我不会主动辞职 |
[26:58] | If you want me to go, you’re gonna have to shitcan me. | 你想要我离职 就炒了我 |
[27:01] | A small distinction, I know, but… | 我知道有点小区别 不过… |
[27:05] | in the meantime, | 同时 |
[27:07] | since you have Bill Rawls doing my job for me, | 既然你让Bill Rawls替我干我的活 |
[27:10] | and it’s such a nice day out, | 今天又是个待在户外的好天气 |
[27:12] | I think I’ll go to Forest Park and shoot nine. | 我想我就去森林公园狩猎吧 |
[27:17] | The check is yours, I think. | 我想这次就你买单吧 |
[27:24] | Pick a table, any table. | 选一桌 随便选 |
[27:26] | Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Empire State Building. | 埃菲尔铁塔 大本钟 帝国大厦 |
[27:30] | Your table is your team. | 坐同一桌的是一个团队 |
[27:32] | The team that puts its model together first wins. | 先搭好模型的队赢 |
[27:34] | Now, you say y’all can work together out on the corner. | 你们说你们在街角能合作 |
[27:37] | – Let’s see how you do on this. – Wins what? | – 我们就看看你们做这个能合作吗 – 什么奖励 |
[27:40] | Big fat gold stars and some shit. | 金色大五角星什么的吧 |
[27:43] | Dinner downtown. Any restaurant you can agree on. | 到市里吃晚餐 餐厅随便选 |
[27:47] | Since y’all only seem willing to be interested in stuff you know, | 既然你们只对熟悉的东西感兴趣 |
[27:50] | we looked for things more like Baltimore. | 我们原来是要找些更巴尔的摩的东西 |
[27:52] | The scale model of the Fayette Street stash house was all sold out. | Fayette街藏毒点的模型已经卖光了 |
[27:56] | So, y’all just gonna have to make do. | 你们只好将就了 |
[27:59] | Hey, um, Mr. Colvin, the box say there’s supposed to be some instructions. | Colvin先生 盒子上说里面该有说明书的 |
[28:01] | We took those out. Makes it more interesting, don’t you think? | 我们收走了 这样更好玩 你不觉得吗 |
[28:04] | Yeah, it ain’t like we follow instructions anywhere else, right? | 就像我们在别的地方也不遵照指示 对吧 |
[28:11] | And I ain’t even want to put no charges on no more. | 我本来不想投诉的 |
[28:13] | But see, they made me do that, | 但你看 他们逼我的 |
[28:15] | and now they’re gonna be mad at me ’cause it ain’t stick. | 现在他们要拿我出气了 因为事儿没成 |
[28:18] | Who be “they”? | “他们”是谁 |
[28:20] | People I’m getting the package from. | 我拿货的人 |
[28:22] | I’m asking who. | 我问你是谁 |
[28:24] | Boy named Marlo. | 叫Marlo的家伙 |
[28:26] | He’s big on the West Side. You heard of him? | 他是西区老大 你听说过他? |
[28:29] | Vaguely recall the name. | 有点印象 |
[28:30] | So, I just need to chill for a while till they remember how to forget. | 所以他们忘记前 我得躲一段时间 |
[28:34] | So, now you come over East Side and expect me to hide you. | 所以你来东区 期望我能把你藏起来 |
[28:39] | Why is it that every Baltimore nigger think | 为什么每个东区的黑鬼都觉得 |
[28:41] | that running the fuck away means crossing downtown? | 跑路就是跨过市区呢 |
[28:43] | Shit, you ought to be in New York or Philly or some shit. | 靠 你该跑去纽约或费城什么的地方 |
[28:46] | No, see, I know that. It’s just that I don’t know no one outside of B’more. | 我知道 只是出了巴尔的摩我谁都不认识 |
[28:50] | And I was just hoping, let’s say, trade out my store, you could maybe…you know.. | 我只是希望 用我的店交换 你也许可以… |
[28:55] | front me some cash, get me out of town with people you know. | 给我些钱 找人送我出城 |
[28:58] | I mean, I’d come to the East Side to you, | 我是说 我不想跑来东区找你 |
[29:00] | but too many West Side motherfuckers are with Marlo. | 但西区有太多Marlo的人了 |
[29:05] | You know what the problem with these here machines? | 你知道这些机器有什么问题吗 |
[29:09] | They too cheap to begin with. | 他们太廉价了 |
[29:10] | Some people would think for what it’s worth to fix it and make the shit work right, | 有人会想不管怎样修好它让它正常运转 |
[29:14] | you might as well dump them and get another. | 你也可以丢了买台新的 |
[29:22] | 2,000 and a free ride north for the store and its contents. | 2000块和免费载你去北方 换你的店和库存 |
[29:26] | Store worth way more, Joe. | 我的店可值更多 Joe |
[29:27] | It depends, don’t it? | 那要看情况了 不是吗 |
[29:37] | No, it goes on the other side and shit. | 不 该放另一边 |
[29:44] | Stop fucking fronting me. I want to do something. | 别他妈朝着我了 我想做点别的 |
[29:46] | You gonna curse at me again, I’m gonna cut you. | 你再骂我 我就砍你 |
[29:48] | – Get that shit out my face. – I don’t even want to do this shit no more. | – 把那东西从我面前拿开 – 我不想再弄这个了 |
[29:51] | That’s how you always do it. | 你总是这么干 |
[29:53] | What are you doing? Look at the box. | 你干嘛呢 看那盒子 |
[29:55] | – Do that look like that’s on the box? – I can’t do this. | – 那像盒子上面的吗 – 我做不来 |
[29:58] | Nigger, come on, now. I’m trying to eat. | 伙计 拜托 我还想有好东西吃的 |
[30:01] | – Give me that piece, yo. – Fuck you, yo, | – 把那块给我 – 去你的 |
[30:03] | because you don’t even know what you’re doing. | 你根本不知道该怎么做 |
[30:04] | Just sit there and shut up because you just don’t know. | 坐好闭上嘴 你懂个屁 |
[30:06] | Come over here and make me shut up, then. | 来啊 让我闭嘴啊 |
[30:09] | – Yo, you starting to piss me off ’cause you don’t know what you’re doing. | 你开始惹恼我了 你不知道自己在干什么 |
[30:12] | – You’re too stupid. – Hey, Z, you do the top while I do the middle. | – 你太蠢了 – Z 你做上面 我做中间 |
[30:15] | Darnell, you got the leg parts, all right? | Darnell 你做下面 行吗 |
[30:20] | Yeah yeah. Like that. Like that. | 对 就这样 就这样 |
[30:47] | Shit! | 靠 |
[30:57] | Done. | 完工 |
[30:58] | Aw, that’s bullshit. | 放屁 |
[31:01] | He’s cheating, yo. | 他作弊 |
[31:02] | Go ahead and touch it, baby. | 你碰碰看啊 宝贝 |
[31:04] | That shit built to last. | 这东西永垂不朽 |
[31:05] | What about the extra pieces? | 剩下的几块呢 |
[31:08] | What extra pieces? | 什么剩下的几块 |
[31:13] | What’s in your pocket? | 你口袋里是什么 |
[31:16] | Ain’t nothing in my pocket. | 我口袋里没东西 |
[31:19] | So, uh, who cook a good steak around here? | 这附近哪儿的牛排好吃 |
[31:28] | Okay. One– From the day of my inauguration, | 好 第一 从我就职典礼那天开始 |
[31:32] | Commissioner Burrell is to undertake no initiative without clearing it with you. | Burrell局长将不承担任何实权 凡事需要征得你同意 |
[31:35] | Day-to-day administrative responsibilities are to reside with the deputy office | 日常管理职责都归副局长办公室 |
[31:38] | if they don’t already. | 不管之前是不是 |
[31:40] | I like that. No problem. | 我喜欢 没问题 |
[31:42] | – Two– I need to elevate Stan Valchek. – Good man, Valchek. | – 第二 我要升Stan Valchek的职 – 好人啊 Valchek |
[31:44] | He’s a hack, but he’s my hack, and I owe him. | 他是个老油条 但他是我的老油条 再说我欠他的 |
[31:46] | If I make him Deputy for Admin, can he cause any real damage? | 如果我任命他为行政代理 会出大问题吗 |
[31:49] | I’ll watch over him. No problem. | 我会看着他的 没问题 |
[31:51] | Three– I’m bumping Daniels from Western Command to colonel, | 第三 提拔西区警长Daniels为副总警监 |
[31:53] | giving him ClD and carte blanche to fix the investigative units. | 让他管理刑事侦缉部并全权整顿调查单位 |
[31:56] | – Cedric Daniels? – Problem? | – Cedric Daniels? – 有问题吗 |
[31:59] | No, he’s good police. | 没有 他是个好警察 |
[32:01] | He’s just got… | 只是他… |
[32:03] | a little independent streak. | 难以驾驭 |
[32:05] | Independent from who: | 谁难以驾驭 |
[32:08] | I got no problem making Daniels. | 提拔Daniels我没意见 |
[32:10] | – What else do you need? – That’s it for now. | – 还有什么要求 – 目前就这些了 |
[32:14] | Mr. Mayor, about Ervin– | 市长先生 至于Ervin… |
[32:16] | if you don’t mind my asking, | 如果你不介意我打听的话 |
[32:18] | why keep him as a puppet commissioner when you can just fire the guy? | 你能炒了他 为什么还留着他当傀儡局长 |
[32:25] | We mind you asking. | 我们介意你打听 |
[32:38] | I’m partial to them cherries. | 我偏爱樱桃口味的 |
[32:43] | – Yo, Dukie. – Hmm: | – Dukie – 嗯 |
[32:45] | You ever call Social Services on your mother? | 你妈给社会服务机构打过电话吗 |
[32:47] | What? | 什么 |
[32:49] | I don’t know. I just want to know what happens | 不知道 我只是想搞清楚 |
[32:51] | if you call Social Services on somebody. | 给社会服务机构打电话 举报某人会怎么样 |
[32:53] | You want to report your mother? | 你想举报你妈妈? |
[32:55] | She brung someone home and he won’t leave. | 她带了某人回家 结果他赖着不走 |
[32:58] | You don’t want to call Social Services. | 你不会想打电话给社会服务机构的 |
[33:00] | They get to looking into things, | 他们跑来查来查去 |
[33:01] | they could put you in a group home, | 把你丢给儿童之家 |
[33:03] | split you and Bug up, even. | 甚至让你和Bug兄弟分离 |
[33:06] | But I don’t want us to leave. I just want him to leave. | 我不想让我们分开 只想让他离开 |
[33:09] | Talking about Bug’s daddy, ain’t you? | 你是在说Bug的父亲 对吧 |
[33:11] | Maybe you ought to talk to a teacher about this. | 也许你该找个老师谈谈 |
[33:13] | I mean, Mr. Pryzbo is real good about stuff. | 我是说 Pryzbo先生很有一套 |
[33:17] | Mr. P did say I could go talk to the school social worker. | P先生说我可以跟学校社工谈谈 |
[33:20] | -Mr. Roderneck? He an alcoholic. | Roderneck先生? 他是个酒鬼 |
[33:23] | Oh, um, what about that boxing guy, Mr. Cutty? | 那个打拳击的怎样 Cutty先生? |
[33:27] | What’s wrong with Cutty? | Cutty有什么不好吗 |
[33:30] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[33:32] | Like, he just too friendly, you know? | 就觉得他过于友好了 懂吗 |
[33:35] | That shit creep me out, man. | 有点吓着我了 伙计 |
[33:37] | Like, he some type of faggot or something. | 他就像个同性恋什么的 |
[33:39] | Nah, not Cutty, man. He be all up in the women. | 不 Cutty才不是 伙计 他喜欢女人 |
[33:43] | Yo, don’t you see how he be doing? | 你没看他是怎么做的吗 |
[33:44] | That don’t mean shit. Them faggots will be just like that, too. | 那不能代表什么 同性恋也都这样 |
[33:48] | And I don’t know. He just too friendly, you know? | 我不知道 他就是友好过头了 |
[33:50] | Everybody just too motherfucking friendly. | 大家都他妈友好过头了 |
[34:10] | No fucking way. | 不会吧 |
[34:12] | So, his name is– what’d you call him? | 他名字叫… 你们叫他什么来着 |
[34:15] | It’s like a joke. | 算是个讽刺吧 |
[34:16] | Yeah. They flipped it. | 他们觉得好玩吧 |
[34:20] | – Bunch of fucking clowns. – Mm-hmm. | – 一票小丑 – 嗯哼 |
[34:24] | Last year we had MSAs in the 22 percentile. | 去年我们接受马里兰教学评估测试率 为百分之二十二 |
[34:29] | And don’t think they haven’t noticed it down at the Puzzle Palace. | 别以为”迷宫”那票人没注意到 |
[34:33] | The word is they’re looking for at least a 10-point increase | 他们号称今年在全市所有中学里 |
[34:37] | from all city middle schools this time around. | 寻求十个百分点的增长 |
[34:41] | We’re still six weeks away from the MSAs | 我们离马里兰教学评估测试还有六周 |
[34:43] | and you want us to start teaching the test now? | 你希望我们现在开始教授那门测试? |
[34:44] | This year, the preferred term… | 今年 应该称之为… |
[34:47] | is “Curriculum Alignment.” | “课程调校” |
[34:50] | There’s nothing wrong with emphasizing the skills necessary for the MSA. | 着重教导马里兰教学评估测试 所需的技能并没有错 |
[34:54] | If we can get them to write a paragraph without a four-letter word in it, | 如果要让他们写出段不带脏字的话 |
[34:57] | it’ll have to have better command of English. | 他们需要更好地掌握英语 |
[35:00] | Marcia, skill sets are one thing, | Marcia 技能教授是一回事 |
[35:02] | but this has us teaching test questions direct, | 但这是让我们直接教测试题 |
[35:04] | test questions that involve skills. | 测试题包括了技能教授 |
[35:06] | – I don’t see your point. – You don’t want to see the point. | – 我不懂你想说什么 – 你不会想知道的 |
[35:08] | Were you really expecting something different than last year? | 你们期待见到些跟去年不一样的东西吗 |
[35:10] | I don’t see the math section. These are all language arts questions. | 我没见到数学部分 这些都是语文题 |
[35:13] | Our greatest failing on standardized tests last year. | 这是我们去年在标准测试中最大的败笔 |
[35:16] | So, for the time being, all teachers will devote class time… | 所以目前 所有教师在课上… |
[35:19] | to teaching language arts sample questions. | 都要教授语文样题 |
[35:24] | Now, if you turn to page 11, please, | 请各位翻到11页 |
[35:26] | I have some things I want to go over with you. | 有些内容想和大家过一遍 |
[35:29] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[35:30] | All this so we score higher on the state tests? | 这些都为了让我们在州测试中拿高分? |
[35:34] | If we’re teaching the kids the test questions, | 如果我们把测试题教给孩子们 |
[35:36] | – what is it assessing in them? – Nothing. It assesses us. | – 那是要评估他们什么呢 – 什么都不是 是评估我们 |
[35:40] | The test scores go up, they can say the schools are improving. | 测试分数上去了 他们就会说学校改善了 |
[35:43] | The scores stay down, they can’t. | 分数上不去 他们就不能这么说 |
[35:45] | – Juking the stats. – Excuse me? | – 伪造数据 – 什么 |
[35:49] | Making robberies into larcenies, | 把抢劫算成盗窃 |
[35:51] | making rapes disappear– | 隐瞒强奸 |
[35:53] | you juke the stats and majors become colonels. | 伪造数据 警长就能升副总警监了 |
[35:57] | I’ve been here before. | 我以前在警局待过 |
[35:59] | Wherever you go, | 无论上哪 |
[36:01] | there you are. | 都逃不掉 |
[36:08] | Raven’s got that dude Mike Anderson. | Raven有个哥们叫Mike Anderson |
[36:10] | – He and Jamal gonna be running… – Look at these runts. | – 他和Jamal要跑… – 看看这些小鬼 |
[36:14] | We’re gonna go when that football’s in the air on a long pass. | 我们在他们长传的时候出去 |
[36:17] | – Slow? – Yeah. | – 慢慢开? – 对 |
[36:19] | Big yellow right here. | 这有大黄 |
[36:22] | – Yellows, yellows! – Go long. Go go. | – 黄盖 黄盖 – 远点 远点 |
[36:24] | – Throw it high. – Big yellow. | – 扔高点 – 大黄 |
[36:27] | Go. | 快 |
[36:29] | – Narco! – Oh, shit! | – 缉毒警 – 靠 |
[36:30] | Po-po, yo! Po-po! | 条子 条子 |
[36:40] | – Where you going? – Put me down, bitch! – They’re in the alleys. | – 往哪跑 – 放我下来 贱人 – 他们在巷子里 |
[36:43] | We get back in there, we can hunt them up. | 我们回去 能逮住他们 |
[36:45] | – No need. I know ’em all. | 没必要 我都认识 |
[36:46] | – Let me go, motherfucker! – What about this one? | – 放开我 混蛋 – 这个怎么办 |
[36:49] | He isn’t even bait. We toss him back– | 他连饵都算不上 放他走 |
[36:51] | unless you want to spend half the shift down at baby booking. | 除非你想剩下半天班都看孩子 |
[36:54] | – Me: – I ain’t afraid, motherfucker! | – 我呢 – 我不怕你 混球 |
[36:56] | I don’t want to spend this shift down at Evidence Control. | 我可不想半天班花在证物科那 |
[36:58] | – Then why the fuck even do this? – So’s I can talk to them. | – 那你抓他们干嘛 – 这样我就能跟他们谈谈了 |
[37:01] | I like to think that until the handcuffs actually fit, | 在手铐大小合适前 我觉得这样比较好 |
[37:04] | – there’s still talking to be done.- Let me go. | – 该跟他们谈谈 – 放开我 |
[37:06] | Come here, man. Let’s take a walk. | 过来 伙计 我们走走 |
[37:08] | You shut the fuck up. | 你他妈闭嘴 |
[37:13] | Yo, who we listening to? | 这是谁的歌 |
[37:14] | Miss Lady Day, Billie Holliday. | Lady Day小姐 Billie Holliday (前为昵称 美国歌手) |
[37:18] | Yeah, she sounds good. | 听着不错 |
[37:19] | You know, real sad, kind of. | 有点悲伤的感觉 |
[37:23] | Yeah. I’m like that. | 嗯 我喜欢 |
[37:24] | You be thinking I’m all ghetto, | 你会以为我是贱民 |
[37:26] | and then I flip it and mess your mind all up. | 接着我还击 让你脑袋一团浆糊 |
[37:29] | The next time we do this, Mr. Colvin, | 下次出来 Colvin先生 |
[37:31] | could you please make it on the weekend? | 能选在周末吗 |
[37:34] | I only had, like, three hours between school and now to get ready. | 我放学后大概就三小时做准备 |
[37:37] | – Well, you look fine, Zenobia. – I could look better. | – 你看起来不错 Zenobia – 可以更好的 |
[37:39] | How long you think it take to do hair like this? | 你以为做这个头要多长时间 |
[37:42] | I’m ordering the biggest quarter-pounder. Fries, too. | 我预定了最大的巨无霸 还有炸薯条 |
[37:45] | Nigger, this ain’t Mickey D’s. | 小子 这里可不是麦当劳 |
[37:47] | You better be thinking T-bone steak, medium rare. | 你该想的是带骨牛排 生熟适中 |
[37:49] | – The blood all squirting out? – Nah, ain’t no blood. | – 血会喷出来那种? – 没血的 |
[37:52] | What you think rare is? It mean rarely cooked, hardly cooked? | 你以为略生是怎样 就是基本不煮? |
[37:55] | – Rare. Get the blood out, stupid. – See? | – 略生 有血 笨蛋 – 听见没 |
[37:58] | And medium rare, keep the blood in. | 生熟适中 血就不出来了 |
[38:00] | All right. Look. | 好吧 听着 |
[38:01] | All I want to know which is which before I order some undone meat. | 我点未处理的肉前得先搞清楚哪种是哪种 |
[38:05] | – Hey, Mr. Colvin. – Huh? | – 嘿 Colvin先生 – 嗯? |
[38:07] | – How it work: – Look, we’re just gonna ask the waiter. All right? | – 是怎样的 – 听着 我们去那问服务生就好了 行吗 |
[38:10] | Oh, shit. There’s a waiter? | 靠 还有服务生? |
[38:12] | Just right down the block. | 就在街尾 |
[38:15] | – Where she at, dawg? – Ain’t seen her. | – 她在哪 小子 – 没见过 |
[38:18] | She owe me. All that shit I gave her. | 她欠我 我给了她那么多 |
[38:20] | Yeah, I know. I don’t know. | 了解 我不知道 |
[38:24] | – How you not know? – I don’t know. | – 你怎么会不知道的 – 我不知道 |
[38:27] | She let me find her, I’m gonna cut her titty off. | 让我找到 我要把她咪咪都切了 |
[38:29] | Watch. | 看着吧 |
[38:31] | – You got something to say, nigger? – No no. | – 你有什么要说吗 小子 – 没有 |
[38:33] | Yo, where Herc at? | Herc在哪 |
[38:36] | I got the asshole, okay? | 我找到那混蛋了 |
[38:37] | Tell him Riggs and Calhoun. | 告诉他Riggs和Calhoun街角 |
[38:40] | He knows. He knows. | 他知道的 他知道的 |
[38:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:48] | Get the fuck back here. | 他妈的过来 |
[38:50] | Nigger, I will fuck you up. | 小子 我操你 |
[38:52] | You don’t know Lex? | 你不认识Lex? |
[38:54] | I knew the Bull. | 我以前认识那家伙 |
[38:56] | I mean, I know him. | 我是说 我曾认识他 |
[38:58] | But he ain’t been around though. | 但他很久没出现了 |
[38:59] | You see? Right there. You just fucked up. | 看见没 就刚才 你露陷了 |
[39:01] | You said you “knew” him, like you knew he was dead. | 你说你”曾认识”他 就好像你知道他死了 |
[39:03] | No. Now you putting words in my mouth. | 不 你这是硬套我话了 |
[39:06] | I meant, “knew him.” | 我是说 “认识他” |
[39:08] | When he was around, I knew him. But he left. | 他以前在这出现 我认识他 但他离开了 |
[39:11] | Herc Herc. | |
[39:18] | Bubbles called. He sees the guy–the asshole. | Bubbles来过电话 他看见了那个混蛋 |
[39:20] | He’s on Riggs and Calhoun. | 他在Riggs和Calhoun街角 |
[39:22] | Says he’ll hold him there five minutes for you to get across town. | 他说他会在那等你五分钟过去 |
[39:24] | I’m in the middle of an interview here. What the fuck? | 我这边在审讯呢 什么玩意 |
[39:28] | Tell him we’ll fix his problem tomorrow. | 告诉他 我们明天帮他搞定 |
[39:31] | All right? | 行吗 |
[39:35] | Oh, motherfucker. | 混球 |
[39:37] | He ain’t got a phone. | 他没电话 |
[39:39] | You lied to me out on the street. Why should l believe you now? | 你在街上对我撒谎了 我为什么要信你 |
[39:44] | You was there when Lex got killed. You part of the fucking setup. | Lex被杀时你在场 你也参与了设计他 |
[39:47] | We know ’cause we have a witness who put you right in there. | 我们知道 因为我们有证人证明你在场 |
[39:51] | Yeah, we do. You know right where that body is. | 没错 我们知道尸体在哪 |
[39:56] | You were there with Snoop, | 你跟Snoop |
[39:58] | Chris, whoever else. | Chris 还有别的什么人在场 |
[40:03] | Know how to make an interrogation work? | 知道该怎么审讯吗 |
[40:06] | Leverage. | 要有料 |
[40:08] | We don’t have leverage? | 我们手上没有砝码? |
[40:10] | Motherfucker, you don’t even got a body. | 操蛋家伙 你们连尸体都没有 |
[40:11] | Lex is nothing but a name in there. | Lex就是个黑板上的名字 |
[40:17] | Where the fuck you think you’re going? | 你他妈想上哪去 |
[40:20] | You ain’t going nowhere. | 你哪也别想去 |
[40:24] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:27] | Hello! | 嗨 |
[40:28] | Home Depot here! Home Depot! | 家庭仓库 家庭仓库 |
[40:31] | What you got for me tonight? | 今晚有什么要孝敬我的 |
[40:32] | I’ve been missing you all day long, dawg. | 我一整天没见着你了 伙计 |
[40:34] | No no. We done with this right here. We done with this. | 不 我们就在这了结了吧 了结了 |
[40:36] | Say what? Don’t play, man. I ain’t got time for your shit. | 你说什么 别玩了 伙计 我没时间陪你玩 |
[40:38] | My shit’s all you’re gonna get, all right? | 你吃屎吧 |
[40:39] | You can kiss my ass, all the fucking trouble you given me. | 亲我屁股吧 你找了我那么多麻烦 |
[40:45] | What you looking for, huh? | 你找什么 |
[40:47] | It’s not there. It’s on me, all right? | 那儿没有 都在我身上 |
[40:48] | – It’s on you? – Yeah. | – 在你身上? – 对 |
[40:50] | – It’s on you? – Wait wait wait! | – 在你身上? – 等等 等等 |
[40:56] | Oh, no no no! | 不 不 不 |
[40:58] | Get off me! Get off me! | 放开我! 放开我! |
[41:02] | Come on! Get off! | 不要! 滚开! |
[41:03] | Hey, wait wait wait! | 等等 等等 |
[41:05] | You take it! Take it! | 你拿去! 拿去! |
[41:06] | – I got you now! – No no no! | – 抓到你了 – 不 不 不 |
[41:12] | Fuck! | 操! |
[41:28] | I don’t like the orange ones. | 我不喜欢橙色的 |
[41:30] | Listen to me, fuckhead. We know you were there. | 听着 混蛋 我们知道你在场 |
[41:32] | We know you set him up, | 我们知道你设计了他 |
[41:34] | and we know you didn’t do it alone. | 我们也知道你不是一个人干的 |
[41:36] | Say what? | 说什么 |
[41:37] | You weren’t alone in this. We know that. | 你不是一个人干的 我们知道 |
[41:40] | You mean Randy? | 你是说Randy? |
[41:46] | I’m asking you questions, remember? | 问问题的是我 懂吗 |
[41:48] | If you don’t give us this murder, Kevin, | 如果你不交代这桩谋杀 Kevin |
[41:50] | somebody else will. And when they do, | 会有人交代的 到时候 |
[41:52] | they’ll be putting you in. You hear me? | 你就得进监狱了 听见了吗 |
[42:09] | Colvin, party of four. | Colvin 四人 |
[42:11] | I’ll make sure your table’s ready. | 我去准备好你的桌子 |
[42:12] | “Colvin, party of four,” huh? | “Colvin 四人”? |
[42:15] | Hi. May I take your coat? | 要我帮你拿大衣吗 |
[42:17] | Sure. | 好的 |
[42:19] | – You, sir? – Oh, no. I’m good. | – 你呢 先生? – 不 不用了 |
[42:22] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[42:26] | Okay, your table’s ready. | 你的桌子准备好了 |
[42:28] | Follow me, please. | 请跟我来 |
[42:49] | – Sir? – That’s your chair, right? | – 先生? – 那是你的座位 对吧 |
[42:51] | No. You sit there. | 不 你坐那 |
[42:55] | The waitress will be here soon to detail the specials of the day. | 侍应生很快过来介绍今天的特供餐 |
[43:00] | – Enjoy. – Thank you. | – 慢用 – 谢谢 |
[43:03] | Waitress? Who was that? | 侍应生? 是什么 |
[43:05] | That’s the, uh, hostess. | 是女引位 |
[43:07] | Hey, you ain’t gotta worry, Mr. C. | 你用不着担心 C先生 |
[43:08] | I ain’t gonna run up your bill. | 我不会让你破费的 |
[43:09] | I’ll just get whatever’s on special. | 无论特别供应的是什么 我就点那个了 |
[43:11] | It ain’t no K-Mart Blue Light Special, dumbass. | 这不是超市的特价商品 蠢货 |
[43:14] | Special just mean they cook something different. | 特别供应是说他们的烹调与众不同 |
[43:18] | Yo, what about you, drinking without a straw, all ghetto and shit? | 那你呢 不用吸管喝水 一副贫民样? |
[43:22] | You don’t drink water with a straw. | 喝水不用吸管的 |
[43:25] | And put that on your lap, fool. | 那个放膝盖上 笨蛋 |
[43:26] | You see anybody else up in here Iooking all Fred Flintstone and shit? | 你看这里还有谁一副Fred Flintstone样吗 (动画角色 带着蓝色领巾) |
[43:31] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[43:32] | Shut it down. Other people be looking at us. | 小声点 别人都盯着我们呢 |
[43:36] | Hello. My name is Pam. | 你好 我叫Pam |
[43:38] | I’d like to tell you about our specials for the day. | 我向你们推荐今天的特色菜 |
[43:41] | We have king salmon with sweet corn, | 我们有国王鲑鱼配甜玉米 |
[43:44] | chanterelles and basil aioli; | 鸡油菌配罗勒色拉酱 |
[43:46] | sauteed free-range chicken served with mashed potatoes; | 嫩煎放养鸡与土豆泥 |
[43:50] | fresh Chesapeake Bay blue crab, roasted garlic, shallot cream | 鲜Chesapeake湾蓝蟹 烤大蒜 葱香奶油 |
[43:55] | and hen-of-the-woods mushrooms; | 还有舞茸 |
[43:56] | and wood-oven-roasted quail with grilled bread salad. | 木箱烤鹌鹑配烤面包沙拉 |
[44:01] | Dang, I thought y’all had steak. | 靠 我还以为你们只有牛排呢 |
[44:03] | Oh, we do…on the second page of your menus. | 有… 在你菜单上的第二页 |
[44:08] | May I get your drink orders? | 你们要什么喝的吗 |
[44:15] | Yeah. We’ll take four cokes, please. | 来四杯可乐吧 |
[44:17] | – Right away. – Thank you. | – 马上来 – 谢谢 |
[44:35] | Do you mind if I come tomorrow? | 你介意我明天过来吗 |
[44:41] | Mind: | 介意? |
[44:42] | I– | 我… |
[44:45] | You wouldn’t be embarrassed? | 你不会尴尬吗 |
[44:47] | No, not at all. | 不 完全不会 |
[44:53] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[44:56] | I’ll be proud if you’re there. | 如果你在那 我会很自豪 |
[45:01] | It’s funny how it works out. | 这结果很可笑 |
[45:03] | All those years I’m trying to climb the ladder, | 这么多年来我想方设法往上爬 |
[45:07] | kissing ass, covering ass, doing what I’m told. | 拍马屁 替人擦屁股 任人使唤 |
[45:10] | I finally let some of it out, tell ’em what I really think, | 我终于爆发了 说出我真实想法了 |
[45:12] | and I’m going from lieutenant to colonel in a little more than a year. | 却从警督升到了副总警监 才一年多一点 |
[45:17] | And, you, you’re worried sick about those subpoenas | 还有你 你对那些传票担心得不得了 |
[45:20] | and worried that Lester’s killing you with your boss– | 还担心Lester会毁了你和你上司… |
[45:22] | But the subpoenas get me promoted. | 但这些传票让我晋升了 |
[45:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[45:29] | You know, Marlo once said to me, | 知道吗 Marlo曾对我说过 |
[45:31] | “You cannot lose if you do not play.” | “你不玩就不会输” |
[45:33] | But here we are, right? | 但我们现在就这样了 对吧 |
[45:46] | Maybe it’s changing. | 也许正在改变 |
[45:48] | What is? | 什么 |
[45:50] | The city, the way things work or don’t. | 城市 那些事情成与不成的方式 |
[45:56] | Maybe we’re turning a corner here | 也许我们到了一个 |
[45:57] | and it’s not gonna be so unbelievably fucked up anymore. | 再没那么难以置信地操蛋的点 |
[46:02] | To Carcetti. | 敬Carcetti |
[46:05] | And us. | 还有我们 |
[46:13] | Zenobia Zenobia, | |
[46:14] | you want to take a picture of the restaurant, right? | 你想给餐厅照张相 对吧 |
[46:16] | That’s okay. It’s late. | 无所谓 太晚了 |
[46:17] | No no. That’s fine. Come on. Give me the camera. | 不 没事的 来吧 相机给我 |
[46:19] | – I’m okay. – Come on, give me the camera. | – 我没关系 – 来吧 给我相机 |
[46:23] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[46:26] | Y’all want to be in the picture, right? | 你们都想被拍进去吧 |
[46:36] | Yo, Mr. C, can we stop at McDonald’s? | C先生 我们能在麦当劳前停一下吗 |
[46:39] | – Fuck wrong with you, boy? – Food wasn’t right. | – 你什么毛病 小子 – 不好吃 |
[46:41] | Don’t like fish. | 我不喜欢鱼 |
[46:43] | Why’d you order it, then? | 那你干嘛要点 |
[46:45] | Yo, shut the fuck up. | 闭嘴 |
[46:55] | – Turn it down. – What? | – 关小点 – 什么 |
[46:57] | Turn it down, Namond. | 关小点 Namond |
[46:59] | Turn it up? All right, you got it. | 开大声点? 行 没问题 |
[47:02] | Seriously, can we get some fries at least? | 说真的 至少让我们来点薯条吧 |
[47:04] | Boy, you is pathetic. | 小子 你真可悲 |
[47:06] | Just ’cause you a girl do not mean I won’t fuck you all up. | 别以为你是女的我就不打你 |
[47:09] | – You hear me? – Nigger, please. | – 听见没 – 小子 拜托 |
[47:12] | – Yeah, you keep talking all of that shit. – No, you keep talking all that shit. | – 你老说些有的没的 – 不 你老说些有的没的 |
[47:15] | – Must have forgot. – No, I ain’t forget shit. | – 你一定是忘了 – 不 我从不忘事 |
[47:17] | – What I forget anyway? – That I’m the man. | – 我忘了什么 – 忘了我是个男的 |
[47:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[47:20] | So, what’s the first thing we do | 当我们回应一个提示时 |
[47:24] | when we respond to a prompt? | 首先该怎么做 |
[47:27] | Randy? Randy? | |
[47:29] | “According to the text…”? | “根据上下文…”? |
[47:31] | “According to the text.” | “根据上下文” |
[47:34] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[47:36] | And how do we end the answer? | 我们以什么结束呢 |
[47:38] | – Quenice? – Huh? | – Quenice? – 嗯? |
[47:40] | Come on. I know you know this. | 说吧 你知道的 |
[47:46] | “The above-stated facts have led me to conclude that…” | “根据上述事实 我认为…” |
[47:51] | Right? | 对吧 |
[47:52] | Okay. So, let’s try to read the third paragraph. | 好吧 我们读一下第三段 |
[47:55] | I’ll start it. | 我来开头 |
[47:56] | “Pythias makes a final plea to the tyrant Dionysius… | “Pythias最后一次恳求暴君Dionysius…” (即古罗马刎颈之交的典故) |
[47:59] | to return to his home one last–“ | “让他最后回一次家…” |
[48:02] | Calvin, pick it up. | Calvin 接下去 |
[48:04] | “To return to his home one last time before his punishment. | “让他受刑前最后回一次家” |
[48:08] | He denies the request until Damon inter…” | “他拒绝了这一请求 直到Damon说…” |
[48:13] | “lntercedes.” | “说项” |
[48:17] | “…and offers his own life until Pythias returns.” | “…并用他性命担保Pythias会回来” |
[48:20] | Good. | 很好 |
[48:22] | Who wants to guess what “intercedes” means? | 谁来猜猜”说项”是什么意思 |
[48:32] | What about “plea”? | 那”恳求”呢 |
[48:37] | Okay. What about the story, then? | 好吧 那这个故事呢 |
[48:40] | How would you summarize it? | 你们能怎么概括 |
[48:43] | Duquan, give it a shot. | Duquan 试试 |
[48:46] | “According to the text…” | “根据上下文…” |
[48:48] | everybody’s safe in the end, right? | 大家最后都没事了? |
[48:53] | Okay. Let’s think this through. | 好吧 我们这样想 |
[48:55] | “According to the text, | “根据上下文” |
[48:57] | Damon offers his own life on behalf of Pythias | Damon用他的生命为Pythias担保 |
[49:00] | so that he can return home one last time. | “好让他最后回一次家” |
[49:02] | The above-stated facts have led me to conclude | “由上述事实我们知道” |
[49:05] | that Damon values Pythias’ friendship and loyalty.” | “Damon重视与Pythias的友谊与忠贞” |
[49:12] | Any questions? | 有问题吗 |
[49:17] | We want four of the raw. | 我们要四份生货 |
[49:20] | 275 large right there. | 这里有27万5千块 |
[49:23] | For four it should be three. | 四份该是30万 |
[49:25] | I’m charging five a head on them New York boys. That about the going rate. | 纽约人的人头 我要价是5千一个 这算是我的工资吧 |
[49:28] | Still want us on that? | 还要我们继续看着吗 |
[49:30] | Nah, seems like they got the message and went the fuck on. | 不 看样子他们收到我们的讯息滚蛋了 |
[49:33] | True that. | 那倒是 |
[49:34] | Delroy has all of the Monument Street corners back. | Delroy收回了所有Monument街的街角 |
[49:37] | All right, then. Holler at us when the next package in. | 那好 货来了通知我们 |
[49:40] | Uh, you remember when I told you about the co-op meant | 你记得我跟你说的合作社的含义吧 |
[49:43] | we all stand together, | 我们站在同一阵线 |
[49:45] | doing for each other when we can? You remember that? | 有能力时互相帮助 记得吗 |
[49:49] | Well, the price of four raw is 300. | 四份生货的要价是30万 |
[49:53] | And your work on them New York boys already been factored into the price, you see? | 你对付纽约帮的事已经算进价格中了 |
[49:57] | On the other hand,we got something that you want, and it’s coming back to you… | 另一方面 我们有你想要的 就回馈给你… |
[50:02] | free of charge. | 免费 |
[50:03] | Someone you looking for. | 你找的某人 |
[50:06] | Co-op mean what it sound like, dawg. | 合作社顾名思义 伙计 |
[50:09] | You happy to do for me, I’m happy to do for you. | 你助我为乐 我助你为乐 |
[50:13] | Congratulations, Colonel. | 恭喜 副总警监 |
[50:16] | Congratulations, Deputy Commissioner. | 恭喜 副局长 |
[50:21] | Congratulations to all those who were promoted, their families, and friends. | 恭喜晋升的诸位 他们的家人和朋友 |
[50:25] | It’s a proud day for them | 这是他们值得骄傲的一天 |
[50:26] | and a proud day for the Baltimore Police Department. | 也是巴尔的摩警局值得骄傲的一天 |
[50:39] | – I am so proud of you. – Oh, thank you. | – 我真为你骄傲 – 谢谢 |
[50:45] | You know, Valchek we could have guessed. | 你知道 Valchek还猜得到 |
[50:48] | I mean, he’s Carcetti’s man, but… | 他毕竟是Carcetti的人 但… |
[50:52] | Daniels? Daniels? | |
[50:57] | Long time for you to make major, but this was quick enough. | 你当上警司花了挺长时间 但这次可够快了 |
[51:00] | Yeah, who’s your new rabbi, huh? | 就是 你请了谁当你新法师啊 |
[51:03] | Colonel. | 副总警监 |
[51:05] | So, they didn’t know the salad fork | 他们分不清色拉叉 |
[51:06] | from whatever the fuck the other fork is for. So what? | 和其他用来这样那样的叉子 又怎样 |
[51:09] | I knew they’d be at a loss, but the extent of it… | 我知道他们会困惑 但其程度… |
[51:12] | I’m talking about feelings– | 我说的是感受 |
[51:15] | why they feeling this… | 他们有这感受的原因… |
[51:16] | this plummet from masters of the universe to abject fear | 这种从无所不知到恐惧 |
[51:20] | to humiliated fury and no awareness of it. | 到蒙羞狂怒的落差 他们却不自知 |
[51:22] | Who says they’re not aware? | 谁说他们不知道 |
[51:23] | Maybe they just didn’t acknowledge. | 也许他们只是不承认 |
[51:24] | Either way. But my point is, where do you start with them? | 不管怎样 我的意思是 你对他们从哪开始? |
[51:27] | How you get them to believe in themselves | 你怎样让他们相信自己 |
[51:28] | if they can’t even admit their feelings about who they are | 如果他们连承认他们对自己在这世上 |
[51:30] | and what they’re doing in this world? | 扮演什么角色的感觉都做不到的话? |
[51:33] | They’re not fools. | 他们不是笨蛋 |
[51:35] | They know exactly what we expect them to be. | 他们知道我们对他们的期望 |
[51:38] | Y’all missed some meal for real, though. | 你们想真正的晚餐了吧 |
[51:40] | – Take your seats. – It was hot, yo. | – 请坐 – 那地方不错 |
[51:43] | “Party of four, Mr. Colvin.” | “四位 Colvin先生” |
[51:44] | “May I take your coat, Mr. Brice?” | “要我替你拿大衣吗 Brice先生?” |
[51:46] | Ha! That shit was tight. | 说得真时髦 |
[51:47] | I’m dreaming about that chocolate cake. | 我梦想吃巧克力蛋糕 |
[51:50] | Oh my God. | 老天 |
[51:51] | Shit had, like, 56 layers, yo! | 那个大概有56层 |
[51:55] | “…in the check-room, Mr. Colvin… | “…在衣帽间 Colvin先生… |
[52:02] | “D Money saves Pitman”? | “玩音乐的救了矿工”? |
[52:09] | It’s bullshit! | 搞什么啊 |
[52:13] | Before, at least they were getting something out of it. | 在这之前 他们本来开始有点用心了 |
[52:17] | To hell with my evaluation. To hell with Donnelly, | 去他的评估 去他的Donnelly |
[52:19] | to hell with the statewide test scores. | 去他的州测验分数 |
[52:20] | I came here to teach. | 我是来教书的 |
[52:22] | Right? | 对吧 |
[52:31] | Yo, Coach, seen Michael? | 教练 有见到Michael吗 |
[52:34] | Nah. | 没有 |
[52:35] | All right. | 好吧 |
[52:37] | That wasn’t you and your runts I saw down on Bentlow yesterday, slinging? | 那昨天我见到在Bentlow贩毒的 就不是你和你的小崽子了? |
[52:42] | Right. | 对 |
[52:44] | ‘Cause a gangster like yourself wouldn’t set up such a weak-ass shop | 因为想你这样的帮派分子 不会建立一个这么废的店 |
[52:47] | with no real lookouts, ground stash in plain view. | 没有真正望风的 藏毒点一目了然 |
[52:50] | This is me telling y’all as plain as I can. | 我跟你说得明明白白的 |
[52:52] | You guys had your one chance. | 我给了你们一次机会 |
[52:54] | I see you out there a second time, | 下次再让我看见你们 |
[52:55] | everyone takes a beating and goes to Cheltenham. | 都揍一顿扔到Cheltenham (少管所所在地) |
[52:58] | Fair warning you just got. | 给你们警告了 |
[53:00] | Cheltenham for some drug charges? | 贩毒去Cheltenham? |
[53:02] | Please, man. | 拜托 伙计 |
[53:03] | I’ll write you up as a special. | 我会给你特别照顾的 |
[53:05] | Don’t think I won’t do it. | 别以为我不会这么做 |
[53:06] | Jab, jab! Good. | 打 打 很好 |
[53:08] | He don’t think I can jail? | 他觉得我进不了监狱? |
[53:10] | Shit! I can jail… | 靠 我也能进监狱… |
[53:12] | – What’s up? – Namond’s banging, huh? | – 怎么样 – Namond在外面混? |
[53:14] | Yeah. He’s one of yours, right? | 对 他是你徒弟 对吧 |
[53:16] | He hang around the gym, | 他在健身房出没 |
[53:18] | mostly waiting on his boy Michael. | 多是等他朋友Michael |
[53:20] | He don’t box or nothing. | 他不打拳 |
[53:22] | He ain’t that kind, really. Not like his father. | 他不是那个料 真的 不像他爸 |
[53:25] | – Who was his father? – Dude named Wee-Bey. | – 他爸是谁? – 一个叫Wee-Bey的哥们 |
[53:27] | Stone-headed. Used to run with them Barksdales. | 硬汉 以前跟Barksdale一伙混 |
[53:29] | I know him. | 我知道他 |
[53:30] | Shit, I locked him up in Philadelphia. | 靠 是我在费城抓了他 |
[53:32] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[53:34] | Bey was my cut buddy. | Bey是我狱友 |
[53:35] | We jailed down Jessup. | 我们一起在Jessup坐牢 |
[53:38] | Anyway, Namond’s from him. | 无论如何 Namond是他生的 |
[53:41] | Same blood, but not the same heart. | 血脉相连 但虎父犬子 |
[53:45] | I’ve done my warm-ups, Coach. | 我热身完了 教练 |
[53:46] | Yeah. We ready for the ring! | 我们准备好了 |
[53:48] | Take care, man. | 保重 伙计 |
[53:57] | Why we stopping here? I thought we was going straight out. | 停这干嘛 还以为我们要开出去呢 |
[54:00] | Gotta get with your escort out. | 等把你送出去的人 |
[54:02] | Prop Joe said you was my escort out. | Prop Joe说是你送我出去 |
[54:05] | Manner of speaking, that be true. | 从某个角度说 没错 |
[54:18] | Come on over here, man. | 过来 伙计 |
[54:20] | Come on. | 过来 |
[54:25] | Chris, no. | 老天 不要 |
[54:26] | You know I keep it quick, Dre. | 你知道我会很快结束的 Dre |
[54:30] | – Here? – Here’s good. | – 在这? – 这里不错 |
[54:32] | – Not– not in a vacant. – What’s the difference? | – 别 别在个空巷子里 – 有什么区别 |
[54:35] | The difference is my people. They won’t know. | 区别在我的人不会知道 |
[54:37] | They’ll know. | 他们会知道的 |
[54:39] | But– but– but the rats. | 但 但 但有老鼠 |
[54:41] | – I’ll be alone with the rats. – You’re all right. | – 我会单独跟老鼠待在一起 – 没事的 |
[54:44] | I got your back. | 我们挺你 |
[54:46] | Come on, Chris. Let me do it in my house so my people– | 拜托 老天 让我在我家了断 这样我的人… |
[54:49] | they can give me a home go. | 他们可以送我一程 |
[54:56] | I’ll be damned. | 该死 |
[54:58] | Que? | 谁 |
[55:00] | Hey, yo, that got to be Marlo, man. | 那绝对是Marlo 伙计 |
[55:02] | You see? | 看见没 |
[55:04] | That’s the man we robbed, yo, | 是我们抢那个人 |
[55:05] | from the poker game. | 在牌局上 |
[55:10] | si, si, si. | 是哦 是哦 |
[55:12] | No wonder the boy don’t like me. | 难怪那小子不喜欢我 |
[56:24] | Thought maybe I could catch up with Chris. | 还以为我会跟Chris聊聊 |
[56:33] | I got a problem I can’t bring to no one else. | 我有个麻烦 没法跟别人说 |
[56:56] | Quien es? | 那是谁 |
[57:12] | He just a kid. | 只是个小鬼 |